Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 12 (Lettuce Prey)

You know the drill.

Link to Part 11 below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603February 22, 2019 9:43 PM

All hail Our Boo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 11:09 PM

Poop

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 11:13 PM

QUESTIONS: Are the 2 Nigerians GAY? Gay for PAY? or Straight? Anyone know why Jussie spent so much time with them. Was one or both plugging his socio-hole?

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 11:15 PM

I only watched the first season of Empire, but I can see that Jussie could glean from the show's prison storylines what to do to help him survive behind bars, like who to do favors for, who to help into show business, who to have killed, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 11:15 PM

He'll go to rehab- via TMZ_ 2:10 PM PT -- Jussie told police, during his arrest, he has a drug problem ... one for which he's never been treated. That could become relevant later in the case because, as we reported, cops say Jussie bought ecstasy from Abel. IF he were convicted, a drug issue could be a mitigating factor that gets his sentenced reduced.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 11:20 PM

There's always been a blatantly insincere quality about Smollett. I've never trusted that any of his "activism" was for any other reason than self promo. Just like with his staged attack, his intent was to exploit those groups he was claiming to help simply for exposure & gain. Ego is a rotten thing.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 11:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 11:26 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 8:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 11:29 PM

R6 I feel that way about 95% of celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 11:29 PM

Jussie should offer the Nigerian Brothers 1500 dollars to cuddle him to sleep tonite....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 11:31 PM

Jussie Defense? = I barely make a million a year——before taxes—-and I have all these mouths to feed!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 11:34 PM

Are these the same Nigerians that send me emails?

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 11:35 PM

BAIL SET: Jussie Smollett's Bail Set At $100,000. So many mistake were made. He was asking to get caught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 11:38 PM

This is a breakdown of what happen.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 11:38 PM

Life was so much easier in the 70's when the Black Panthers staged military exercises with assault weapons in vacant parking lots in Oakland.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 11:38 PM

JUSSIE SMOLLETT 'I SWEAR TO GOD, I DID NOT DO THIS' ... Pleads to 'Empire' Cast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2019 12:10 AM

I believe it was reported his salary is $100.000 per episode and he was recently given a raise. Factor in his music and other appearances and he's doing alright.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2019 12:20 AM

He's making a helluva lot more than $65K/episode...

"As for how much Smollett is currently earning for his work on the show, a top talent agency source familiar with the salaries of Empire’s cast tells Vulture the actor is pulling down “around $125,000 per episode,” not counting any monies Smollett might collect from sales of his musical performances on the show, or from any profit participation he may (or may not) have in syndication sales of the series."

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2019 12:21 AM

Maybe it wasn't the money. Maybe he's crushing on someone on the show and he was was trying to get their attention. Of course he can't admit that.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2019 12:26 AM

Is not an opoid big enuf to get the poor guilty jussie thru this horrid period of stress and waiting prison life for him. If he no get protection, they will eat and roast him over a fire for supper....I fear.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2019 12:26 AM

She 'swore to god' she not lie bout this, so now the anger and retribution of the Lord shall smite his damn ass into Haydes,

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2019 12:27 AM

NEW: Jussie Smollett's legal team cites Chicago's mayoral election as a reason their client is wrongfully accused: "The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2019 12:32 AM

MORE: "Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Jussie Smollett’s legal team issues this statement...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2019 12:33 AM

R23 That's one ugly guy

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2019 12:34 AM

Velveteen Soleil made a good point on the last thread. About how trans are being killed at the rate of 10, 000 per minute. Someone posted the stats about hate crimes and I am pretty sure I read that the "hate crimes" were so called because they were perpetrated against "trans women of color" so basically, hookers being beaten or killed. Being beaten or killed is awful, but it's an occupational hazard when you live on the streets and sell yourself. So basically as the trans have skewed the violent women numbers, they have also skewed the hate crime numbers.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2019 12:36 AM

Oh, my sides! His legal team is hilarious.

Jussie appearing in front of a judge, represented by legal counsel? Due process.

Getting out on bond? Due process.

Hundreds of man hours of investigation and interviews and viewing surveillance? Due process.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2019 12:36 AM

He’s really ruined himself.

This hoax is all he’ll ever be remembered for... for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2019 12:37 AM

Velveteen Soleil?????? Great name.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2019 12:39 AM

Mussie and now his legal team keep making all of this political.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2019 12:40 AM

I understand the "fierce" part . . . but "solemn?" Nah.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2019 12:40 AM

He says he's innocent. So, his position must be that the Nigerians should be arrested, prosecuted, and jailed for assault with added prison time because it was a hate crime.

Kid's a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote]Kid's a piece of work.

He’s also a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2019 12:42 AM

SO- this piece of human slime is going to pull the "I have a drug problem" defense, yet his lawyers are saying that this is due to a mayoral election AND THEN this PIECE OF GARBAGE swears to the cast and crew of his stupid show that HE SWEARS TO GOD THAT HE DIDN'T DO THIS-

So what is it? Did you do it or didn't you?

Between him and the lawyers the lies are coming from all over the place.

This piece of shit is a sociopathic scumbag who could use a year or two in jail.

THE FBI BETTER NAIL THIS MOTHERFUCKER TO THE WALL. TO.THE.WALL.

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2019 12:42 AM

Everything the prosecutor laid out today was very meticulous. Jussie claiming he didn't commit a hoax fly's in the face of the facts.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2019 12:42 AM

I wonder if he knew the Chief of Police in Chicago is black.

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2019 12:43 AM

Why did the brothers fly to Nigeria?

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2019 12:44 AM

I heard in another thread that the Nigerians flew home for a family birthday celebration. Not sure of the veracity of that statement.

Kind of a long flight for Auntie’s big 70th.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2019 12:46 AM

Wow, can't believe what he said it the set in R16! No contrition whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2019 12:48 AM

People need to stop referring to him as a kid. Motherfucker is 36 years old

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2019 12:49 AM

The “people” referring to him as a kid are his lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2019 12:50 AM

I’ve heard the Nigerians are actually Americans, they just have family over there.

Jussie needs to stop digging his hole deeper already

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote]Lettuce Prey

lol

by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2019 12:52 AM

Part of me, not the part that enjoys watching him bury himself, thinks the most therapeutic thing that could happen is for him to be disappeared, persona non-grata, erased. He-that-cannot-be-named. Let his story play out in anonymity, an appropriate punishment for his thirstiness.

But that's not happening, and I really enjoy the whole fiasco with what's, at best, schadenfreude, and, at worst, sadism. It makes me smile.

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2019 12:52 AM

Jussie has the most punchable face of 2019

by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2019 12:53 AM

[quote]Lettuce Prey

Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2019 12:54 AM

The prosecuter laid it all out so eloquently. Clearly, she and the people in her office are professionals. No speculation. No sensationalism. All the i's dotted and t's crossed. I wanted to kiss her.

After all the speculation here it was enormously gratifying to hear an air tight case against Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]Everything the prosecutor laid out today was very meticulous. Jussie claiming he didn't commit a hoax fly's in the face of the facts.

This chick from the State Attorney’s Office was not playing around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2019 12:56 AM

I hope the Lifetime movie is at least half as cringey as the real thing!

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2019 12:57 AM

Jussie makes me feel young.

Not since I was a kid watching the over dramatic villain of the telenovela get her just desserts have I been this intrigued by a horribly written storyline.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2019 12:57 AM

In one of the very early thread (Part1 maybe?) A poster linked to an older online post by Jussie, from a few years ago, where Jussie used the term "MAGA country". The poster thought it was kinf of suspicious the same term was used in his "attack". Just want to give that poster credit where its due. Maybe someone can find that post and link.

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2019 12:59 AM

He keeps professing his innocence? I mean... just omg already.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2019 12:59 AM

He is doubling down on claiming innocence.

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2019 1:00 AM

First, I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, and of course God for blessing me with the honor of having my thread title chosen.

Second, remember the Statement Analysis guy whose video about Jussie's GMA appearance was posted a few times? I watched a number of his videos and looked at his blog, too. And I really think that lawyer's statement is a very clumsy lie. The flowery language, the extra words. Think about it. If someone accused you of something really awful -- say, molesting their child -- would you get all rococo with your words? "To the contrary, mon ami! I sternly and fervently deny all involvement in the molestation of any underage individuals or the injury or battery therof! I am, and continue to be, an individual of most sterling character, to which any of my vast array of acquaintances and associates will most assuredly attest!"

Or would you just say, "No! Oh my god, no! I didn't molest your child!"

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2019 1:01 AM

Ha! R54

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2019 1:02 AM

r54 "I will never not be the guy that this happened to."

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Chris Cuomo is making this his top story right now.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2019 1:03 AM

R54 Well said, and thank you so much for contributing your excellent title!

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2019 1:04 AM

Have y'all seen the proffer? ( I summon all y'all on purpose) I did, linked through Twitter to a scribd page which I can't link. The facts are all but unassailable . I was trying to make any other scenario fit. Couldn't, not even a messed up drug deal. Ihim claiming he could distinctly see that they were white, is not plausible.which is just not possible, in the context of images captured that night, he lied, he's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2019 1:13 AM

TMZ lightened him up at R16. Harvey is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2019 1:15 AM

Please R23 don't subject us to big nose any longer.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2019 1:18 AM

What's with all the "J" names...

[quote]The actor's siblings, Jazz, Jocqui, Jake, and Jojo were earlier pictured arriving at the Cook County Criminal Court before his bond hearing on Thursday afternoon

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2019 1:18 AM

Entertainment Tonight aired a panel Jussie was apart of ONE WEEK before the "attack" where he outright complained about how much money FOX was making from Empire, and about how actors should always be 'aware of the numbers'. He also told Kevin frasier he was upset about his salary when KF guest-starred on the show. Even the hosts of ET were left speechless. And ET mentioned Jussie did in fact make 100k/episode during the latest season.

Jussie is a terrible human.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Maybe this was posted before, but here is the Jussie Smollett "Bond Proffer", which details the police's case against Jussie, with the evidence they have to back it all up. It sets out the whole thing and is a good read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2019 1:19 AM

R63, is there a clip of that anywhere? I’d love to see it.

I also agree that the proffer is a great read with some new tidbits (the gasoline).

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2019 1:21 AM

Also new (to me) was the threatening phone call Jussie claimed he got.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2019 1:23 AM

Titania is holding strong with Jussie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2019 1:24 AM

^^^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2019 1:25 AM

I still suggest ‘Dial M for MAGA’

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2019 1:25 AM

This whole mess blew up even more spectacularly than I ever expected, and I expected absolute exceptionalism from this story. Oh Twitter idiots, please keep attempting to die on this hill of rampant lynching of brown and gay people that surely must be happening if only we looked more vigorously. You will not be missed.

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote] Jussie Smollett's legal team cites Chicago's mayoral election as a reason their client is wrongfully accused

I knew it. It's whitey's fault !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2019 1:27 AM

I don't understand how he can make such an impassioned speech to his Empire colleagues. Do you suppose he's had a psychotic break and doesn't remember any of this? Is there ANY possibility that he didn't do this?

What bothers me about the evidence is that it only implicates the brothers. They had the magazine pages, they bought the rope, gloves, masks, etc. They have a check signed by Jussie with "training" or something in the memo line. They were on the scene. Circumstantially, it's just the brothers. They are the ones who implicated Jussie as the "driver" and established the narrative about how all this was planned.

There may be more twists and turns still to come

by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2019 1:30 AM

What if he being set up for some unknown reason? What if the $3500 he gave to the bros was kindly given airfare? What if.....

by Anonymousreply 73February 22, 2019 1:34 AM

Now we know why Jussie was so "muzzafuccin" pissed off that his plane was stuck on the runway. He was running late for his hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 74February 22, 2019 1:34 AM

r71 Ha, that ranks up there with die hard defender who said, "just because it may be a hoax doesn't mean it's fake news". And r72, no, not even a chance.

by Anonymousreply 75February 22, 2019 1:35 AM

Now we know why Jussie was so "muzzafuccin" pissed off that his plane was stuck on the runway. He was running late for his hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 76February 22, 2019 1:35 AM

R72 see R64 link, there's text evidence of Jussie and the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 77February 22, 2019 1:35 AM

Now we have a yard stick to recognize an imbecile like those making excuses. Cognitive deficit Exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 78February 22, 2019 1:38 AM

So he’s willing to sink the two brothers to scramble out of this?

Not surprising since he tried to sink his own blood brother when he was pulled over for a DUI.

by Anonymousreply 79February 22, 2019 1:38 AM

Late to a hate crime? How gauche😂

by Anonymousreply 80February 22, 2019 1:39 AM

I'm a Brit and don't understand why Fox owns this TV show 'Empire'.

It's 100% African American, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 81February 22, 2019 1:41 AM

Wasn't it suggested that those IG posts about his late flight were meant as communication to the brothers?

by Anonymousreply 82February 22, 2019 1:41 AM

These idiots defending him still are not helping with Trump’s fake news claims

by Anonymousreply 83February 22, 2019 1:42 AM

He is truly a horrible person. In the face of overwhelming proof, he still won't fess up and is instead doubling down on his innocence. He doesn't care who goes down; he just wants to save his skin. I was maybe going to feel sorry for him if he finally confessed and apologized. I hope he gets the full 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 84February 22, 2019 1:46 AM

Sean Hannity just read CNN (specifically Don Lemon) and MSNBC to filth over their “fake news” coverage of this story.

This is not going to go away.

by Anonymousreply 85February 22, 2019 1:46 AM

Maybe when it sinks in to the black community that white people aren't really the threat they believed they might shift target to hispanics. Especially white hispanics. We'll see.

Hispanic cops racked up a lot of crimes against blacks. Philando Castille, Sandra Bland just two right there. BLM became confused over that then fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2019 1:47 AM

I've absolutely avoided these threads, but has anyone mentioned the fact that Trump never apologized for the ad he took out calling for the death penalty for black men who did nothing wrong or do the rules never apply to him and he's allowed to be a hypocritical douchebag who gets to point at others for EVERYTHING?

[quote]Sean Hannity just read CNN (specifically Don Lemon) and MSNBC to filth over their “fake news” coverage of this story.

What kind of low IQ individual are you that you watch him at all? God, you must be really low rent. And I'll save you the trouble, genius: I haven't watched that shit CNN for probably 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2019 1:49 AM

r81, I'm not sure what you mean by "ownership" in this context. The Fox network airs the series and presumably there's a huge consideration involved, but I'm not sure Fox owns the series--more likely just the rights to televise it in its first run. There's probably a production company that owns the property and negotiated with Fox and maybe other networks who had an interest in picking it up.

by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2019 1:50 AM

Bill Cosby, taking a breather😅

by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2019 1:51 AM

Yeah r87, it's been mentioned a few times but since this thread isn't about Trump, maybe go to one of the 100 that are. Here's a nice comment I read on some board: "Lying faggit better get sent to prison. This is why I don't believe fags saying they're persecuted because they're little drama queens. We can do some serious assaults if they want to see what it's like. Just take a page from those sand monkeys and show the Peter puffers what life under that shit is like.

Fags have it too good in this country."

by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2019 1:53 AM

R88😃Dope took the troll bait

by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2019 1:55 AM

jussie is able to look his co-workers in the face and lie just how he lied to Robin Roberts and the cops.

because he has NPD.

by Anonymousreply 92February 22, 2019 1:57 AM

WTF? Are they living in a dreamland? This is catnip for the Trump re-election campaign:

“A statement released Thursday night on behalf of the actor said the bail hearing was an "organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system."

"Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing," the statement said.

by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2019 2:01 AM

Don Lemon is talking about Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 94February 22, 2019 2:03 AM

I want to hear the real down low stories about Jussie riding the Nigerian brothers 🍆🍆👀

by Anonymousreply 95February 22, 2019 2:03 AM

I wonder how much those poetic attorneys are charging him.

by Anonymousreply 96February 22, 2019 2:04 AM

“Impeccable character and integrity.” Yeah, I’m sure we have all named a sibling as the culprit when busted for a DUI, easily done.

by Anonymousreply 97February 22, 2019 2:05 AM

JFC, everything this ka-ween does is rife with drama, I would be so pissed if he kept us all waiting and THEN fake cried through the scenes so we had to do it again. : Sources on the "Empire" set tell us the cast and crew were waiting at least 30 minutes for Jussie to begin the scheduled scene. When he eventually showed his face he was very emotional, and surrounded by his family.

We're told he addressed everyone on set, saying ..."I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.”

After that, he left the set. We're told it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later. He did, and we're told he is currently shooting the scene.

by Anonymousreply 98February 22, 2019 2:05 AM

He previously was arrested for a DUI and gave a fake name! Where is the impeccable character in that? It’s embarrassing that he can’t admit he lied, like OJ and MJ.

by Anonymousreply 99February 22, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote]Maybe when it sinks in to the black community that white people aren't really the threat they believed they might shift target to hispanics. Especially white hispanics. We'll see.

Man, you are so obtuse. You are no doubt the type of idiot who ignores the tons of mass shootings by white men, and gets more outraged if a brown guy so much as jaywalks on another continent and you then think it's open season on every other brown person no matter where they are. Who the fuck are you kidding acting as though you're just so well-thought out? You engage in the exact same bullshit as you're accusing of black people.

by Anonymousreply 100February 22, 2019 2:07 AM

After all the shit he pulled, smollett had the audacity to make the rest of the cast wait half an hour for him!? Only to leave and then come back. This bitch!

by Anonymousreply 101February 22, 2019 2:07 AM

Posts $100k bail. Shows up late to work. Insults colleagues after ignoring their attempts to contact him by continuing to proclaim innocence in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt. Immediately leaves again, having done no actual work. Cast and crew's time (and lots of money) wasted. Still employed.

So oppressed. We're such heartless bastards. How could we do this to him?

by Anonymousreply 102February 22, 2019 2:07 AM

They need to fire him!

by Anonymousreply 103February 22, 2019 2:09 AM

R99 not just that, but he gave a real person’s name. And not just any real person, but his own brother. Clearly not caring at the time if his brother got into trouble for what he himself had done.

I have done some stupid stuff when I’m drunk but I’ve never driven drunk and I’ve certainly never given my sibling’s details to the cops when stopped.

by Anonymousreply 104February 22, 2019 2:10 AM

Ugh. Get rid of him Fox!

by Anonymousreply 105February 22, 2019 2:12 AM

Why the hell are there 12 fucking threads on this guy clogging up DL? Who is this Jesse Smurfette? What did he do? Can someone summarize? No one ain’t got no time to read through no 12 threads and over 72000 posts. Maybe summarize each thread in one sentence or put it in bullet point form? Bullet points are easier to read and much easier on the 👀. Please put in some fun facts so we don’t get bored but no more than a few paragraphs - you don’t want people to TL;DR your ass. Maybe just the who, why, where, how and that’s it. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 106February 22, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]Smollett then went home to his friend, 60-year-old Frank Gatson, who was in the apartment and told him that he had been jumped by two masked assailants who shouted: 'Empire f****t n****r', poured bleach on him, tied a noose around his neck and screamed: 'This is MAGA country!'

Who is this Frank Gatson fellow? He's a director/choreographer/elder fuck buddy (?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 22, 2019 2:13 AM

getting onstage and yelling "I'm the gay Tupac" was bizarre

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2019 2:14 AM

Is that a recent pic? Dude looks good for 60

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2019 2:14 AM

He's half-Jewish, yet identifies as strictly black. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 110February 22, 2019 2:15 AM

More recent pic of Jussie's "friend." Works with R. Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 22, 2019 2:17 AM

Eeew that mole

by Anonymousreply 112February 22, 2019 2:18 AM

I hope he’s lynched in prison, he’s a despicable piece of shit and defamed every LGBT person on this blessed planet.

by Anonymousreply 113February 22, 2019 2:18 AM

May I suggest "Subway to Hell" for a future thread title, as the ever-darker consequences of this folly unfold.

by Anonymousreply 114February 22, 2019 2:19 AM

Also don't understand the "gay tupac" comment. #whatthefuck

by Anonymousreply 115February 22, 2019 2:19 AM

R112 what mole?

by Anonymousreply 116February 22, 2019 2:19 AM

R115 delusions of grandeur -- typical NPD characteristic.

by Anonymousreply 117February 22, 2019 2:20 AM

Somehow I don’t see Taraji buying anything he is saying. I can almost picture her rolling her eyes and then peaceing-out back to her dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 118February 22, 2019 2:20 AM

R106 lives under a rock, and is bad at math.

by Anonymousreply 119February 22, 2019 2:20 AM

Don Lemon is talking about Jussie.

"He has some explaining to do."

by Anonymousreply 120February 22, 2019 2:21 AM

I think we already had that title r114. Don't forget, his manager was on the phone with him and claimed to have heard the "this is maga country!" thing, and I don't know if he was in on it or not. He supposedly really had the guys say that. Man, had some real mothafuckin' g's come along and seen that, our Nigerian boys would possibly be dead.

by Anonymousreply 121February 22, 2019 2:21 AM

R100 Tons? Really?

The most recent mass shooting was a black man who was about to be fired. You knew that though.

I believe the poster's point is that contrary to what black people may be taught to believe, white folks, even racist ones who do not like to be around black people, have no interest in attacking or lynching them in these times.

Why would they? It's so much easier to simply ignore and move on. I cannot think of any white person I have ever known in my long life who disliked black people enough to give up their life or freedom in the name of lynching someone with brown skin. Yet I honestly think there are many who have been brainwashed into thinking that whites just get a case of the tingles at the thought of lynching.

That is as big a myth as all dumb stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 122February 22, 2019 2:23 AM

LOL at someone complaining they don’t have time for these threads.

by Anonymousreply 123February 22, 2019 2:24 AM

CNN has Lemon’s short video piece on the main page. Just scroll down a bit for the Jussie section of news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 22, 2019 2:24 AM

Funny how these idiot SJWs are so desperate to believe he’s a poor victim that they are willing to throw two black men with way less privilege under the bus..

That’s why these liberal phonies are phony as fuck. They say nothing when two poor black gay men adore at a highly rumored psychopaths house but are heartbroken when a rich privileged sociopath gets a scratch on his face.

Ellen Page is phony too. Hates that basic white guy w the homophobic church but stays silent about pedophile psychopath Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 125February 22, 2019 2:25 AM

Miss Lemon is having NONE of Justine’s foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 126February 22, 2019 2:25 AM

He is going to throw those two brothers under the bus. WOW. He must think he’s so powerful and well connected that this can happen. This is terrifying. They will go to prison for this. Mussie is a full blown psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 127February 22, 2019 2:27 AM

I am sure Terrance and Taraji are telling the producers to fire him. It’s not professional or good business to enable a liar. Jussie is now a poster for the right - black people are liars etc. they love it

by Anonymousreply 128February 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Yeah, is Frank his BF or no? I would be curious to know if anyone besides the brothers saw any signs of a pending meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 129February 22, 2019 2:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 22, 2019 2:28 AM

R128 but they play his parents.

by Anonymousreply 131February 22, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote] Miss Lemon is having NONE of Justine’s foolishness.

Allow a little time to pass for memories to blur and CNN will be pushing the idea that Lemon personally went around Chicago stores breaking the case

by Anonymousreply 132February 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Donna Lemon was selling herself as the new Walter Cronkite last night during her show.

by Anonymousreply 133February 22, 2019 2:33 AM

Yeah, Lemon's got a sense of the dramatic and fantastic.

He's probably upset that he's implicated at all in this by supporting his friend, whom's later only an acquaintance.

by Anonymousreply 134February 22, 2019 2:33 AM

Remember when Donna went nuts on demonizing people..

[quote]In October 2018, Lemon stated on-air: "So, we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right. And we have to start doing something about them. There is no travel ban on them. There is no ban on — they had the Muslim ban. There is no white guy ban. So, what do we do about that?"[

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2019 2:36 AM

Fuck Lemon too.

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2019 2:37 AM

Will Ellen Page apologize?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2019 2:37 AM

Agreed R127, you can see Mussie is a real terror, just a soulless little bitch, oh Baby Bejeebus get his mussy turnt out ASAP in da big house!

by Anonymousreply 138February 22, 2019 2:37 AM

All those J names - I wonder what happened to the other brother, Jizz?

by Anonymousreply 139February 22, 2019 2:38 AM

I also have a sister named Jurnee and my mom is Janet.

by Anonymousreply 140February 22, 2019 2:39 AM

If the police had picked up two other unknown people would Jussie have gone along with it? Probably. I find him despicable.

by Anonymousreply 141February 22, 2019 2:40 AM

Did anyone see the Out.com editor on MSNBC daytime today? His SJW was turned up to eleven, he constantly referred to Jussie as 'queer,' and he kept bringing up trans women of color. I don't get it, why is it so hard for TV liberals to call out and condemn unequivocally Jussie's hoax? Most (all?) of us are pretty liberal and we waited exactly ZERO seconds to label this what it really was.

by Anonymousreply 142February 22, 2019 2:41 AM

Why doesn’t Lemon ask Mayor Emmanuel about Smollett’s claim that this is about the upcoming Mayoral election?

by Anonymousreply 143February 22, 2019 2:41 AM

r128 Yep. Either way he's done because no one will want to have him on set. This time it was a fake anthrax but thanks to him, next time it might be a bomb or actual antrax. Imagine being targeted for hiring him, it could happen and I would worry about it and wouldn't want to work with that fool.

by Anonymousreply 144February 22, 2019 2:41 AM

R141 I really hope he's asked that in court. He won't answer, of course, but it will make people think about it and come to their own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 145February 22, 2019 2:42 AM

[quote] In October 2018, Lemon stated on-air: "So, we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men

Imagine the repercussions if a white Fox anchor had said that on the air about blacks.

by Anonymousreply 146February 22, 2019 2:42 AM

Good r142! We need to be brought up, we haven't had the spotlight in ten days and we are murdered by the millions daily!

by Anonymousreply 147February 22, 2019 2:42 AM

One more thing that might have been mentioned before but I hope not: the empire writer who called out our boy Rob Elgas (I linked his comment in part six r 14) has since deleted his entire twitter account! Mary!

by Anonymousreply 148February 22, 2019 2:42 AM

Jussie will soon be on a suicide watch.

by Anonymousreply 149February 22, 2019 2:43 AM

Mother Oprah will ensure he never works or steps foot in Chicago again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 22, 2019 2:43 AM

Terrance is presently not speaking to Jussie because he refuses to stock Wet Wipes and wipes back to front.

by Anonymousreply 151February 22, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote]Did anyone see the Out.com editor on MSNBC daytime today? His SJW was turned up to eleven, he constantly referred to Jussie as 'queer,' and he kept bringing up trans women of color.

That shrieking little fool can sit his ass down. There were all of two trannies killed in Chicago last year out of 530 total murders— and one of them has already been solved. 50% clearance rate— better than it is for any other group of homicide victims in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 152February 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett charges (sorry Fox link is the only one I got).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 22, 2019 2:52 AM

I sure hope Jussie doesn't serve any jail time, he has already suffered enough going through all this upheaval of the last few days. I hope he is at least able to eat and sleep. He can't let his health go too.

by Anonymousreply 154February 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Wrong r152! We are killed by your harsh words and bitter rebukes every day. Anytime you don't want to fuck us, another of us dies. I wish it were only 2, 2 have died in just the writing of this post.

by Anonymousreply 155February 22, 2019 2:53 AM

[quote]Imagine the repercussions if a white Fox anchor had said that on the air about blacks.

Oh, please, Tucker Carlson and others have said basically the equivalent a zillion times.

by Anonymousreply 156February 22, 2019 2:53 AM

A Columbia professor on CNN just called him "Jussie Christ" lol

by Anonymousreply 157February 22, 2019 2:53 AM

You can be sure that if the "Nigerian" brothers weren't cleared by the evidence, Jussie would have let them stay under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 158February 22, 2019 2:55 AM

People are using this to deflect. Police corruption. Trans women of colour being murdered. Misogyny. Those are relevant issues but they are not relvant to Jussie.

Just face the facts: it all falls on Jussie. He made a mockery of victims of hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 159February 22, 2019 2:56 AM

No sympathy for Jussie until he tells the truth and apologizes!

by Anonymousreply 160February 22, 2019 2:56 AM

Hang ‘em high!

by Anonymousreply 161February 22, 2019 2:56 AM

I just want to remind everyone that while Jussie's dealing with the legal fallout from his subway hoax, the REAL threat to him, the "long-stay-in-prison-guaranteed" threat is the LETTER! The subway hoax was bad, but the Letter (and accompanying white powder [tylenol]) is federal-crime bad. Awaiting the FBI press conference on that! (not the Christopher Wray Press Conference troll)

by Anonymousreply 162February 22, 2019 2:57 AM

[quote]You can be sure that if the "Nigerian" brothers weren't cleared by the evidence

Gurl boom, they are about to get busted for those "designer drugs"!

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2019 2:57 AM

R152, here in the U.K. we are subjected to near-constant propaganda about “trans women murder rates” as a reason to get rid of female changing rooms, apparently, despite the fact it being nigh-on impossible to find a trans woman being murdered in a hate crime in the U.K. in living memory and the stats quoted refer to Brazil or whatever.

R122, exactly. For sure there are prejudiced people out there but they just tend to get on with their own lives and don’t actually spend much time or effort on the people they don’t like, let alone planning violent hate crimes against them and actually carrying them out.

by Anonymousreply 164February 22, 2019 2:59 AM

And r162 is referring to federal, pound me in the ass prison.

by Anonymousreply 165February 22, 2019 2:59 AM

I like this McWhorter dude on Lemon right now. I read his piece in The Atlantic yesterday and he really, really gets it.

Of course, if I think he's brilliant and inciteful then many must think he's an Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 166February 22, 2019 2:59 AM

I'm so fucking sick of hearing about trannies, period.

by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2019 3:00 AM

Saying "trannies" is transphobic!!! r167

by Anonymousreply 168February 22, 2019 3:01 AM

The Don Lemon coverage of this whole ordeal has been horrendous. Complete fail.

by Anonymousreply 169February 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Don Lemon just spent and entire hour covering this, what more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 170February 22, 2019 3:03 AM

So, they rehearsed the hoax before hand.

Was there video of the rehearsal?

by Anonymousreply 171February 22, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote] I like this McWhorter dude on Lemon right now. I read his piece in The Atlantic yesterday and he really, really gets it.

Agree, was great article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 22, 2019 3:06 AM

The more I see Jussie’s cunt face the more I want to fondle Jussie’s cunt face with a hammer.

by Anonymousreply 173February 22, 2019 3:10 AM

I remember seeing Jussie on Watch What Happens Live, a woman called in to say how much she liked him. He was soooo over it, and just said "thanks sweetie" before taking a sip of his drink and rolling his eyes. I knew he was a cunt, but now he is taken it to a whole new level. He is living in his own delusional world!

by Anonymousreply 174February 22, 2019 3:10 AM

I bet one of the Nigerian brothers fucked him in the past.

by Anonymousreply 175February 22, 2019 3:11 AM

R175, hopefully all that cums out at the trial.

by Anonymousreply 176February 22, 2019 3:15 AM

New thread title suggestions: "The Hoagie Hoax," "Once More Unto The Bleach," "You're [Not] On Candid Camera!," "I'm Late For My Hate Crime"

by Anonymousreply 177February 22, 2019 3:18 AM

I only work part time, and these threads are still moving way too fast… Must catch up!

by Anonymousreply 178February 22, 2019 3:20 AM

I read the proffer and when they describe the evidence, the mention the CPD pod videos.

What are those? Are those the videos from all the street cameras?

by Anonymousreply 179February 22, 2019 3:20 AM

I was physically assaulted for being a gay woman in 1981. I wanted to believe Jussie because I could not process that someone would lie about this. For me the horror was unimaginable. To have a gun held to your head and the person letting you know they could kill you at any time. I can't forgive him for what he has done to victims that will never have a voice and carry the terror of being assaulted for being gay, black, etc. I also blame the police for investing so much time into his hoax. They got rapped up in his celebrity, as if a celebrity deserves more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 180February 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Holy fuck! I just tuned into this now, and they fucking perp walked him! LOL the CPD were **pissed**!!!

The poster mentioning the FBI are right--that is the serious offense, although I suspect his attorney will be trying to settle everything together.

As someone with mental health issues, I'm so glad he picked the addict excuse and not the mental illness one.

by Anonymousreply 181February 22, 2019 3:22 AM

I never knew who Jussie Smollett was before this, but I have to admit now that I do know, I find him sexy as fuck! I also can't help but feel sorry for him and hope he doesn't go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 182February 22, 2019 3:22 AM

[R81]

Rich black Americans are no different than rich white Americans.

They belong to the same 1% club.

by Anonymousreply 183February 22, 2019 3:22 AM

"this young man"

Bitch, he's 36 - hardly a young man. He's a full adult, approaching middle age.

WTF

by Anonymousreply 184February 22, 2019 3:22 AM

R174, ugh, not surprised. I roll my eyes at all of his musical numbers on Empire (yes, I have actually watched it). He has so much less charisma and a weaker voice than any real popular singer out there but seems to think he’s Michael Jackson.

Empire itself went massively downhill after S1. They had one white main cast member (white wife of the eldest son) but of course her character was killed off. Cookie is the only standout character, of course mostly because Taraji P. Henson is about 200x more talented than anyone else on the show.

by Anonymousreply 185February 22, 2019 3:23 AM

You are a fucking loser R182.

by Anonymousreply 186February 22, 2019 3:24 AM

*poster is right, not are

by Anonymousreply 187February 22, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't think they got wrapped up in his celebrity, they had to do a big investigation lest they be called racist homophobes who are trying to keep a brotha down. They also knew he was full of shit and probably wanted to kick the shit out of him after that fucking GMA debacle. If they hadn't solved it imagine the assholes like Ellen Page, et al who would be shrieking how they don't even want to investigate.

by Anonymousreply 188February 22, 2019 3:24 AM

R180, why do you refer to yourself as a gay woman instead of a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 189February 22, 2019 3:26 AM

Can you imagine the shit just waiting to slither out from Jussie's past? Please god, let the DM do their payoff magic and get people to spill everything. I'm sure it is some dark shit too. It would explain why his family treats him with kid gloves. That isn't "golden child" treatment, that's "ticking time bomb" containment treatment. I'm betting Jussie was a psycho growing up, and they put the lid on it so it didn't taint their smug perfect image.

Getting a DUI at 25 and blaming it on his 18 year old little brother is disgusting enough, I'm sure there is much worse yet to be uncovered. This asshole is pushing 40, yet has the persecution complex and arrested development of a 12 year old special needs disaster. He shouldn't be out on bail, he should be in a psych ward.

by Anonymousreply 190February 22, 2019 3:26 AM

Jussie, you can never be me, it will be nice not running into your lame ass around town though.

by Anonymousreply 191February 22, 2019 3:26 AM

I agree, R188. The police had to be seen to be investigating this properly. Then they’re in a double-bind because they will have suspected JS from the outset, but can’t put charges on him until they’re very sure because of the very fact that they need to show they’re investigating it properly —they will seem racist, like they don’t take hate crimes seriously, etc.

In reality, I imagine the CPD didn’t need all that many man hours to solve this one, but they’ve needed to manage what they tell the press and make sure they’re sure of their ground before they charge JS.

by Anonymousreply 192February 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Never like the word lesbian R189. Besides, I think it is divisive to separate being gay by gender.

by Anonymousreply 193February 22, 2019 3:30 AM

Daily Show with Trevor Noah did a fantastic parody tonight of the film that will eventually be made of this mess. The Nigerian stand in's were amazing...

by Anonymousreply 194February 22, 2019 3:34 AM

Jussie is guilty of having a fat face.

by Anonymousreply 195February 22, 2019 3:35 AM

[quote] and they fucking perp walked him

No they didn't. Unless you meant that metaphorically.

by Anonymousreply 196February 22, 2019 3:35 AM

As I thought, CWB Chicago's meticulous reporting is getting ripped off by the lazy fucking MSM vultures. Donate a few coins if you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 22, 2019 3:36 AM

Also, for those who haven't read it yet, CWB Chicago scooped all other reporters on the Federal part of the investigation and wrote this excellent article breaking it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 22, 2019 3:40 AM

CWB Chicago's best tweet:

[quote] Why did he hire black guys to play the role of white guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Jus has no character. He already went to rehab for booze from the DUI and clearly it did not fix any of his problems.

by Anonymousreply 200February 22, 2019 3:46 AM

This is nothing like "On Our Own"! My world is askew!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 22, 2019 3:49 AM

r198 It's crazy that now that this hoax is finally getting coverage on the major news networks, that the letter angle of the story isn't really being examined at all. The letter hoax is also a biological weapon hoax, and that seems to me like a big enough deal to warrant at least a mention.

BTW to all of you girls who think that Jussie might avoid prison time, if the feds link the letter to him, he's toast. Federal prison toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 22, 2019 3:50 AM

R200 Where did you hear that he went to rehab? I heard he had the choice (how nice) to pay a fine or to go to jail (never found out which one he picked, but I have a hunch)

by Anonymousreply 203February 22, 2019 3:56 AM

Scene from the "Empire" set today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 22, 2019 3:58 AM

The news just reports what’s happening R202, rather than speculating the way we do. They won’t get into the hypotheticals of “what if Jussie sent the letter?” because that’s not news. If there’s more on that investigation and/or JS is charged then of course they will be all over it.

Empire can’t fire JS if he hasn’t yet been convicted, FOX will be told they’re racist blah blah blah. Suspending him would make sense but I think they’re just going to let him continue for now to be honest, they’d rather be seen as having given too much support than being too tough.

by Anonymousreply 205February 22, 2019 3:59 AM

This is rather anticlimactic, but I just remembered something very telling which I heard early in the day on a CNN panel convo with attorneys.

One said that they lawyers will be throwing everything they have at the prosecution whether it is believable or not. The sole intent is NOT to get Jussie off all together(she conceded the evidence was extremely damning) but rather to assure that their client will do no prison time. She said that is petty much all they have to work with.

Might be something to that. The latest I have heard is that his team seems to be taking the Johnnie Cochran-OJ route now.

The CPD Is notoriously racist---they killed an innocent young black man. The history of the city's cops back to the sixties is racist as fuck. So ladies and gentlemen: are you going to trust that this Klan like police force did not seek to frame an innocent man when they could not find the real criminals???

by Anonymousreply 206February 22, 2019 4:07 AM

At minimum, I would recommend they put him on leave. Otherwise, it looks like they are supporting his bogus story when he has been charged with a felony.

by Anonymousreply 207February 22, 2019 4:07 AM

If the FBI wants to roast him on that letter lil’ Jussie gonna get long time and his Bussie gonna git Loooooosie. Poor gurl.

by Anonymousreply 208February 22, 2019 4:10 AM

You're an idiot R206. Did you not see the prosecution today explaining the facts? Jussie talks to perps an hour before "assault" and talks to them an hour or so after he was "assaulted."

by Anonymousreply 209February 22, 2019 4:12 AM

I think they should put him on leave too because he’s charged with a felony, but I don’t think they will, although perfectly happy to be wrong there. I also don’t think JS will do any prison time although I think he should if he is guilty (yes I said if he is, I’m a lawyer, so sue me). He will cut some kind of a deal. That’s my prediction which again I wouldn’t be unhappy to be wrong about.

I’m entertaining myself reading tweets from the world-class detective members of the public saying “if Jussie did this then where are e.g. texts between him and the brothers?? *incredulous emoji*” a couple of hours before details of the texts were released.

by Anonymousreply 210February 22, 2019 4:12 AM

Do you really believe Jussie is being framed? That is ludicrous since all the evidence points to a hoax - he is a selfish spoiled twat.

by Anonymousreply 211February 22, 2019 4:12 AM

That might work r206, but I heard the lawyer he hired besides Geragos is the one who defended the cop that shot Laquan McDonald and he got the the cop acquitted. I certainly hope this offends the fuck out of people but considering his fans are fucking idiots, it probably won't.

by Anonymousreply 212February 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Were I the Empire producers, I'd be instructing the showrunner to fill the coffin in the season's first episode with the most deserving cast member.

Get busy writers!

by Anonymousreply 213February 22, 2019 4:14 AM

I assumed R206 was speculating on JS’s possible defence (I’m British and that’s how I spell it), not suggesting that was what they themselves believed?

by Anonymousreply 214February 22, 2019 4:14 AM

75% or more of the posts here are from the OP and his other device. He tags teams himself with those stupid sandwich and thread title suggestions. He has two distinct styles that he has used before on other threads. The long poster full of news, nastiness and cute "boo" talk, followed almost immediately by the short poster with a breezy dumber tone, but plays the bad cop role when needed. This sick fuck dude (between at least two devices) has more than 3 thousand posts on these 12 threads. Strange that they directly follow each other, every time. And one is never here without the other. Both seem to retire simultaneously!?!

OLD white man allowed to start thread after thread to amuse himself AND spread hate speech. Only on DL is he successful with his bombardment of posts. Disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 215February 22, 2019 4:16 AM

IMO they can’t kill off JS’s character unless and until he is convicted. If by some miracle he gets off then they will be sued and made to look racist etc etc. They will also get a lot of heat for firing him ahead of any trial what with due process etc. They can only, at most, suspend and not fire him. They COULD write him out and say it was a dramatic decision planned prior to recent events but I don’t think they would get away with that.

This is a show with a nearly 100% black cast and a big black audience and they’re not going to listen to a bunch of white people in the Twitter comments who don’t even watch the show saying “Justice for Roseanne” or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 216February 22, 2019 4:19 AM

It was in an article today or yesterday, R203, would probably come up in a search.

by Anonymousreply 217February 22, 2019 4:20 AM

Whatever. His skin color is no excuse for being an asshole,

by Anonymousreply 218February 22, 2019 4:21 AM

r210 What kind of deal do you think the feds will offer Jussie if they do (as I expect) charge him with sending a "white powdery substance" through the mail?

by Anonymousreply 219February 22, 2019 4:22 AM

I’m not the OP but I think that R215 is another version of the “why are there so many threads on this?” troll if not that actual troll herself.

by Anonymousreply 220February 22, 2019 4:22 AM

I remember the absolute fucking tragedy that was Phil Hartman's death at the hands of his cunt wife. News Radio was about to film season 5 when it happened. They basically had the first show be the whole crew coming back from his funeral and crying and lamenting his death by plane crash or something. I bawled through the whole show, it was great because the cast loved him too and were genuinely torn up. Phil was a prince among men though, Jussie is a piece of shit, they should kill off his character in a humiliating way.

by Anonymousreply 221February 22, 2019 4:24 AM

R215? I actually have the op on block so when there is a new thread I have to unblock him. He is going to toot his own horn, but the fact is no matter who started a thread or a follow up would have gotten just has many replies. As a matter of fact, OP is spamming his own threat to get high responses.

by Anonymousreply 222February 22, 2019 4:25 AM

They should have Jamal fall into a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 223February 22, 2019 4:25 AM

They can investigate Jussie and arrest him in a matter of weeks but they won't arrest R Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 224February 22, 2019 4:28 AM

Pulling an all nighter, "Brit" @ R214?😉

by Anonymousreply 225February 22, 2019 4:28 AM

R219 I’m in the UK so happy to admit my ignorance of how US federal crimes work, but I just have a feeling the FBI angle / letter aspect won’t result in charges. I feel that politically they will not want to pursue a black / mixed race actor on this. Maybe that’s not the case and my brain is all Europeaned up here, and Trump’s America will make sure he’s charged, but I think they will decide the charges they already have him on will be sufficient. Like I say, very happy to be wrong if the letter thing was also him and they pursue it.

by Anonymousreply 226February 22, 2019 4:30 AM

If you come back with "I'm studying at uni" then we'll know for sure you're a troll American answering how you think whites and asians would approve.

Ticket punched R214 now getouttahere.

by Anonymousreply 227February 22, 2019 4:31 AM

That is BS that black communities would be upset if Jussie was fired for being a liar and national embarrassment. Don’t be insulting.

by Anonymousreply 228February 22, 2019 4:33 AM

R228, people are still saying “I stand with Jussie” and “CPD is racist AF and probably framed him” on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 229February 22, 2019 4:35 AM

R226, spoken like a true old geriatric residing in public housing, inner city. Midwest😂

by Anonymousreply 230February 22, 2019 4:36 AM

R227 done all my studying at uni and a real lawyer, got my certificate and everything. And definitely British and in London where it’s 5.36am, a perfect time in my perfect life to be on DL reading about Jussie Smollett which I only learned yesterday is pronounced Smoll-ETT (not how Brits would say it).

by Anonymousreply 231February 22, 2019 4:37 AM

Wonder if those are real people, R229, or his various crisis PR teams? It coordinates nicely with the legal strategy.

I know of no one, black or white, who is not angry with Jussie. The state laid out a very detailed case and the record re: the DUI/his teen brother is the cherry on his racist fake hate hoax that many mention.

by Anonymousreply 232February 22, 2019 4:38 AM

TY R231. Done for the night. Can't go live w/you. Scroll down in the morning. Gonna go work on something.

by Anonymousreply 233February 22, 2019 4:39 AM

Jussie that Hussy!

by Anonymousreply 234February 22, 2019 4:40 AM

Ahaha R230. Couldn’t even tell you which States of your United ones were in the Midwest tbh. I’m bizarrely fascinated by this JS thing and can’t stop reading the threads about it.

I’m just guessing a political message will be given that a minority celebrity should not be pursued very hard, and not any harder than he has been right now. It’s not an approach I agree with but my cynical mind says that’s how it will go.

by Anonymousreply 235February 22, 2019 4:41 AM

R193, thanks for the reply. Though gender and sexual attraction to a specific gender are what separate us, lol.

R212, the officer was not acquitted he was found guilty of murder. The attorney in question defended other officers involved in the case who were accused of a cover-up. They were acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 236February 22, 2019 4:41 AM

Yeah, I wonder, R229. If you search for the hashtag “IStandWithJussie” you can see some of them still posting support for him in the last 24 hours. “Text messages can be faked, the check can be faked” etc.

by Anonymousreply 237February 22, 2019 4:47 AM

I stand with Cookie!

by Anonymousreply 238February 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Making the next thread title suggestions:

[bold]Jussie Smollett Update Part 13 (A Modern Day Lunching)[/bold]

Not my idea. Someone else in another thread posted it.

by Anonymousreply 239February 22, 2019 4:52 AM

R222 Could you please explain how I am "spamming my own thread" and "tooting my own horn"? Oh, wait, you blocked me. Could anyone else tell me if that is something I am indeed doing? Shall I recuse myself? Honest question, and thanks for helping me figure out what R222 means.

by Anonymousreply 240February 22, 2019 4:53 AM

A few morons posting on Twitter is.not a defense. He is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 241February 22, 2019 4:55 AM

R209 I said nothing about the prosecution. I was stating what one attorney thought that the defense may do.

Why are you being such an asshole? These threads have been inordinately fun and good natured for days. Why you mad bro?

by Anonymousreply 242February 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Thread suggestions for Part 13 so far. Add your own, or put your R up for the one you like

The Merchant of Subway r267 Pt.11

Much Ado About Tuna r277 Pt. 11

A Modern Day Lunching r302 Pt11

A Flighty Risk r322 Pt. 11

Dial M for MAGA r69 Pt 12

Subway to Hell r114 Pt. 12

Late to His Own Hate Crime *revised* r177 Pt 12

Good Golly Miss Molly

by Anonymousreply 243February 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Why isn't the twitter hashtag #JeSuisJussie? It rhymes!

by Anonymousreply 244February 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Nah, R240, you are good.

by Anonymousreply 245February 22, 2019 4:59 AM

R243 (OP), the only one that makes me uncomfortable is "A Modern Day Lunching." The rest of those titles are silly and fun but I feel a lynching joke is in poor taste.

by Anonymousreply 246February 22, 2019 5:03 AM

CWB Chicago's best tweet:

Why did he hire black guys to play the role of white guys?

Because it worked out really well for Lin-Manuel Miranda

by Anonymousreply 247February 22, 2019 5:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 22, 2019 5:05 AM

My very first thought when I heard of this “hate crime” was that it was a hoax. The details meant it sounded like other hate crime hoaxes, and it was so oddly specific for racist homophobes to know who Jussie Smollett was and seek him out and attack him. I couldn’t say this out loud because I have a black partner, and lots of PoC friends, and it was simply not worth looking like a white asshole to be proven right later. I therefore agreed how terrible it was, etc.

In Jussie’s mind, Jussie is no doubt very important. Working on a TV show and all that goes with it give some actors the idea they’re genuine stars when really they just lucked out when the casting team on one show thought they were right for a particular role (and they may never have another one like it). But I doubt 99% of racist homophobes have any idea who JS is.

by Anonymousreply 249February 22, 2019 5:06 AM

Any imbecile who declares Jussie is a tragic victim of the press should be rounded up and sent for Soylent Green, enough! Where are the Death Squads?! Herr Trump we’re ready!

by Anonymousreply 250February 22, 2019 5:07 AM

Thank you r246 , noted.

by Anonymousreply 251February 22, 2019 5:10 AM

Chris Cuomo is letting that homophobe Down Low Hughley talk about Jussie's Mussy. Why?

by Anonymousreply 252February 22, 2019 5:12 AM

OP at R243 and his self answering buddy, quick on his heel, at R245. One and the same poster. Just as I said. If you can isolate OP's posts, you'll see he's posted more than 180 times on just the last two threads. Many more as his alter dumb ego at R245. What a fucking moron and a racist to be sure.

The "Brit" character is new to this thread, but that not new if you know OP from other threads!! He has introduced him before when people started to question how many posts were by the same person. This is getting very funny Patrick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 22, 2019 5:12 AM

MAGA-ga-a-a

Moolah-nah-a-a

by Anonymousreply 254February 22, 2019 5:13 AM

R249 The people who believed Jussie on the left are like the people on the right who lap up Trumps supposed religious reawakening. To anyone looking with a tiny bit of logic and objectivity, there are screaming red lights of “you’re being played, this is an act,” but to those who are personally invested in another narrative, they truly cannot see it.

The personal/emotional aspect over logic, built by each person’s particular experiences and history, is one of the primary reasons arguing politics is so pointless. Both sides 100% convinced the other only thinks as they do because they’re dumb/bigoted/arrogant/etc. Never even crosses their mind that the other person has come to their conclusions the same way they did - their life experiences.

by Anonymousreply 255February 22, 2019 5:14 AM

R215 Even you and your crazy cannot ruin this thread.

by Anonymousreply 256February 22, 2019 5:21 AM

R156 do you have any quotes or links?

by Anonymousreply 257February 22, 2019 5:27 AM

I’m a real person, R253, sad but true. I just have a pretty tragic life where I read JS threads on DataLounge in the middle of the night when insomnia strikes. You sound a bit bonkers to be honest.

I wonder If JS will be suspended in the next few days. FOX’s Twitter feed has gone from “support” to “reviewing the situation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 22, 2019 5:42 AM

If Jussie goes to trial this will top 40 parts. I can hardly wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 22, 2019 5:50 AM

What a lot of you are missing is that you have never been in Jussie’s shoes. You have never lived his truth. His lived truth as a black queer man of color may be radically different than yours as a privileged cis white bread man.

by Anonymousreply 260February 22, 2019 5:54 AM

LOL you almost got me R260. Hats off to you.

by Anonymousreply 261February 22, 2019 5:57 AM

His reality as a child star is that reality can be scripted.

Unfortunately for him, good actors aren't necessarily great writers and directors, not to mention cinematographers.

by Anonymousreply 262February 22, 2019 6:02 AM

You guys are like my family... I have no family or money so. I read this thread in the library all day on my iPod. love you!

by Anonymousreply 263February 22, 2019 6:03 AM

OP at [R243] and his self answering buddy, quick on his heel, at [R245]. One and the same poster. Just as I said. If you can isolate OP's posts, you'll see he's posted more than 190 times on just the last two threads. Many more as his alter dumb ego at [R245]. What a fucking moron and a racist to be sure.

The "Brit" character is new to this thread, but not that new if you know OP from other threads!! He has introduced him before when people started to question how many posts were by the same person. He called him Patrick! See again @ R258. Funny how he just discovered FOX news? Lettuce puke.

The brit version of OP has been called out now, so should stay away. Bonkers? A fake brit idiom. OP is a nut job on a manic high. He supports himself, over and over. With what he imagines are different sounding personalities but are only separate devices.

This faux naive character is disturbing in a man way over 60. Y'all need professional help. Stick to your supermodel, Julie Andrews and Tori Amos threads. But start messing with complex race issues as entertainment for your hateful glee and I will make sure your crazy old ass is fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264February 22, 2019 6:08 AM

R262 yep. Whilst some actors are creators too, a lot of actors can give brilliant performances (JS performs passably well but is not brilliant) and yet not be especially intelligent, to the point it’s quite shocking to interact with them IRL or see them interviewed and realise their skill lies in how they say lines others have written for them and they don’t have much deep understanding of... well, anything.

by Anonymousreply 265February 22, 2019 6:08 AM

R264, you’re now sounding positively unhinged. I don’t particularly care whether you believe I’m real or not, but for what it’s worth, I’m certainly British, and not the OP. I’m also a woman.

by Anonymousreply 266February 22, 2019 6:11 AM

The crisis management is doing what's expected of them releasing conflicting statements to test the waters.

Hell plea insanity and drug use. Nothing will come out of it and people will forget about it in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 267February 22, 2019 6:16 AM

Also I linked on Twitter to FOX TV who make Empire, not FOX News. The relevance being that they own the show, not are a right-wing news outlet. Empire is on Amazon Prime here. I think maybe Channel 4 or one of their related channels ran it for a while but not sure if it’s on there anymore. It’s not a huge show here but some people do watch it.

by Anonymousreply 268February 22, 2019 6:17 AM

R254 You are 100% eight about everything you say.

Now FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 269February 22, 2019 6:18 AM

This kid is rich handsome and talented. His experience as a black gay guy is of privilege. He also has progressive stage parents. Cry me a river. He's not even effeminate and he has a BBC.

by Anonymousreply 270February 22, 2019 6:20 AM

r269, thank you, it's good to be "eight."

Now fuck off your own damn self.

by Anonymousreply 271February 22, 2019 6:25 AM

I'm sure this doesn't have to be said, but FF and Block the crazy. I don't know what's going on. Remnants of the full moon or something.

R263 Big hug!

by Anonymousreply 272February 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Don't worry about Jussie going to prison. Kim Kardashian will work to get him released. Think of the publicity for both of them. Grand slam.

Whatever the outcome, I'm happy there was no rioting or people killed in Chicago as a result of the hoax.

by Anonymousreply 273February 22, 2019 6:37 AM

[quote]You have never lived his truth.

I have never lived his unforgivable lie either.

by Anonymousreply 274February 22, 2019 6:45 AM

The article in the Atlantic (written by a black man btw) on how 'victimhood' is too appealing these days, too appealing for Jussie to resist, was EXCELLENT.

by Anonymousreply 275February 22, 2019 6:48 AM

I hope he is shunned.

by Anonymousreply 276February 22, 2019 6:48 AM

I stand with Jessie, he is being set up!

by Anonymousreply 277February 22, 2019 6:49 AM

Most blacks are angry with him

by Anonymousreply 278February 22, 2019 6:49 AM

I love you, Rob the Seximo. You’re the only innocent in this whole debacle, my pure angel. 💕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279February 22, 2019 6:51 AM

The people who rushed to call it a modern day lynching are now in defensive mode and saying that they still have empathy for him. Even though it is obvious that he lied and has made it more difficult for the real victims of racist and homophobic attacks and harassment to come forward for fear that they won't be believed. You know, because he must REALLY be troubled to do something like this. No. He's a greedy, selfish, narcissistic, prick who doesn't care about anybody but himself.

by Anonymousreply 280February 22, 2019 7:02 AM

They could only consider that possibility IF he confesses and apologizes. Right now, he is willing to let his accomplices take all the blame.

by Anonymousreply 281February 22, 2019 7:10 AM

A vote for Dial M for MAGA

by Anonymousreply 282February 22, 2019 7:18 AM

He should apologize for smearing the scores of law-abiding Nigerian, red MAGA hat-wearing, noose and bleach-wielding citizens lurking in our bluest cities, at all hours and temperatures.

by Anonymousreply 283February 22, 2019 7:20 AM

Come on. Nigerians. Who didn't have just a smidge of doubt when they were identified as the two men seen in the security camera footage? Before it was reported that they both knew him. Before it was reported that one of them was his personal trainer and the other one was an extra on the show. And none of them thought they would be recognized by other people associated with the show? All of them should be charged with being dumber than a box of barber hair.

by Anonymousreply 284February 22, 2019 7:35 AM

This was actually reported on the BBC evening news in the UK last night. Even though most Brits won't know who he is. In fact, the presenter said to the entertainment reporter covering the story that Smollett isn't exactly a household name over here. "He is now," she replied.

by Anonymousreply 285February 22, 2019 7:50 AM

Jussie says he didn't do it because he's already planning the insanity defense. One of Jussie's multiple personalities planned the hoax, not Jussie, that's how he's able to say "I swear to god I didn't do it". I'm calling it now.

by Anonymousreply 286February 22, 2019 8:02 AM

R273

I am not a fan of the Kardashian coven, but her intercession was justifiable.

Drug laws are just Alcohol Prohibition with better propaganda and a compliant judiciary.

The Supreme Court UNANIMOUSLY ruled that “Civil Asset Forfeiture” was unconstitutional.

Unanimous. Do you understand that word?

by Anonymousreply 287February 22, 2019 8:06 AM

She wanted another facelift, hence the salary raise,

true story

by Anonymousreply 288February 22, 2019 8:07 AM

Found this on Reddit

"You're underestimating how batshit crazy the country would go if you shot some Satanists. You'd be a hero, vanquishing the evil persons sacrificing helpless prey.

Replies: Trump would probably invite me on his campaign trail. "These Satanists, they come over here, illegally, from hell, and they game the system! Just sitting up on our tax payer funded mountain, killing tax payer funded wildlife!"

3 years ago but gotta wonder if Jusskins has a few Reddit accounts. Just shows the mindset of some people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 22, 2019 8:08 AM

cancel Empire, it foments this kind of fuckery.....

by Anonymousreply 290February 22, 2019 8:09 AM

R285, I knew Smollett because I watched Empire but I must be very much in the minority here in the U.K. He will almost exclusively be known here for this incident now.

I mean, I guess JS has achieved more global fame...

by Anonymousreply 291February 22, 2019 8:38 AM

He was using underpants gnomes logic:

1) Stage hate crime

2) ? ? ?

3) Profit!

by Anonymousreply 292February 22, 2019 9:03 AM

[quote]My very first thought when I heard of this “hate crime” was that it was a hoax.

Right. Some things just scream "hoax," like the Tawana Brawley affair where she was covered with feces with racial slurs written on her body. Just No. With Jussie, it was leaving the damn rope around his neck.

by Anonymousreply 293February 22, 2019 9:34 AM

This incident also screamed "hoax" from the beginning:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 22, 2019 9:36 AM

Empire should recast and put Abel Osundairo in Jussie's part.

by Anonymousreply 295February 22, 2019 9:50 AM

Actual, real hate crimes (rather than microaggressions) resulting in death or serious injury are rare. In the U.K. a couple of years ago, two homeless men were murdered. Hate crime against the homeless!!! Twitter said. This is our evil Tory government!! The homeless aren’t viewed as people!! The guys as it turned out had been murdered by another homeless man who had a disagreement with them and developed a grudge. Crimes for those sorts of reasons are far more common than random hate incidents.

by Anonymousreply 296February 22, 2019 9:51 AM

Has it ever been explained why bleach was used? Why was it bleach and not detergent, fabric softener or Febreze?

by Anonymousreply 297February 22, 2019 10:06 AM

The implication was that they were trying to bleach him white.

by Anonymousreply 298February 22, 2019 10:10 AM

Actual hate crimes are never so heavy on metaphor.

by Anonymousreply 299February 22, 2019 10:12 AM

This bitch will never own up to what he did:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 22, 2019 10:14 AM

There would never have been rioting because this was too specific a crime for anyone to have thought there would be other victims. The letter was addressed to Jussie and the attackers were reported to have specifically made sure it was Jussie before jumping him.

by Anonymousreply 301February 22, 2019 10:14 AM

I suspect in Jussie’s mind that he truly is a victim or is otherwise not getting the attention he feels he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 302February 22, 2019 10:19 AM

How is the reaction over at ONTD? Are they now believing the hoax story or still looking for the white racist culprits?

by Anonymousreply 303February 22, 2019 10:20 AM

I suspect his current mindset is that he's getting more attention than he bargained for.

by Anonymousreply 304February 22, 2019 10:22 AM

why the hell is joe scarborough on his show now likening the ones who diss Smollett with them who dissed judge Kananaugh without proof??? wtf?????

by Anonymousreply 305February 22, 2019 10:41 AM

Jussie can do porn now!!!

by Anonymousreply 306February 22, 2019 10:55 AM

Doubtful, he would lie about his anus size.

by Anonymousreply 307February 22, 2019 11:13 AM

Jussie's Empire character Jamal also had a drug problem, popping Oxy and other opiates like they were M and Ms. Possibly the producers have been aware he has a real life pills problem all along. I'm guessing Xanax and opiates, he has that shiny but slightly dazed look. A benzo addiction also spazs the user's judgement and makes them more suggestible to stupid risky scenarioes like this

by Anonymousreply 308February 22, 2019 11:22 AM

They were using him to promote their anti-lynching bill that was soon to go to a vote, what do you expect, R280?

by Anonymousreply 309February 22, 2019 11:26 AM

Behemoth Gabby Sibourney, his Empire castmate, has tweeted that she believes Jussie is innocent.

The filming for Empire S5 has just about wrapped up. Jussie's character Jamal is supposed to be getting married to his HIV + boyfriend, who is from London. Easy enough to write Jussie out by having him move to the UK for the whole of S6 and then recasting him for S7.

I'm surprised to find out JS is 36. His character is supposed to be in his 20s. Taraji/Cookie is too young to have a 36 year old son. The recast can be younger and hotter.

by Anonymousreply 310February 22, 2019 11:43 AM

The ratings are dropping fast on Empire, so who knows if they'll be an 7th Season. I'd say a 6th season seems likely.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll a bump in the ratings at all from the Jussie controversy of if ratings continue to fall.

by Anonymousreply 311February 22, 2019 11:49 AM

Rather than recast, I personally think they would just write the character out by leaving him in London and create another gay character, perhaps an assistant for Lucious or Cookie. There are lots of options though if they do decide to get rid of him and he’s hardly pivotal to the show the way Terrence Howard or Taraji P. Henson is.

by Anonymousreply 312February 22, 2019 11:57 AM

Season 7? My sides! Empire peaked during Season 1. It should've been cancelled two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 313February 22, 2019 11:58 AM

I think he'll be suspended from filming pending the results of the investigation but audience figures for the final seven episodes of S5 (due to be screened in March) may rise because he will be in all of them, having filmed already.

Perhaps his fiance becomes mentally ill, stops taking his HIV meds and infects Jussie, who breaks through to full blown AIDS with a brain tumour, and dies.

by Anonymousreply 314February 22, 2019 12:00 PM

R303 Surprisingly many commenters there are now condemning him. Quite a few suggesting mental illness, as if that exonerates him. There are a few stupid posts like "why haven't the police shown us the evidence?" who apparently don't know what a trial is for. And there are some hardliners suggesting the brothers are Trump supporters and lying about everything, and working with CPD who are fabricating the stuff like call records, etc.

by Anonymousreply 315February 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Empire still gets 7/8m an episode so is unlikely to be cancelled any time soon. Jamal can be in London for the first half of S6 and then re-emerge, recast, having split with his husband.

The show is on TV here in the UK, on a channel called 5* which is Freeview.

by Anonymousreply 316February 22, 2019 12:04 PM

Thread title: I wanna get in a vote for R177's "Once More Unto the Bleach."

by Anonymousreply 317February 22, 2019 12:05 PM

He'll likely go with a plea of reduced responsibility due to a massive benzo habit and, instead of jail, he'll get court ordered rehab somewhere plush for six months. Benzo addiction is tough to beat and takes a long time.

by Anonymousreply 318February 22, 2019 12:08 PM

I like that one too, R317!

by Anonymousreply 319February 22, 2019 12:09 PM

One of the threads should be called FAKE NOOSE if it hasn't been already.

by Anonymousreply 320February 22, 2019 12:13 PM

Empire hasn't hit 7 million viewers since the 4th Season Premiere. It's finished under 5 million a few times this season already or slightly above it. A big drop from it's first few hit Seasons. It was one of the shows that peaked very early on.

It's still doing ok for Fox standards, but it's far from the hit it was for the first few Seasons. It probably has 1-2 seasons left tops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321February 22, 2019 12:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322February 22, 2019 12:18 PM

It will have over five seasons, which is great and rare for a series. It will be in syndication

by Anonymousreply 323February 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Just got around to watching the Robin Roberts interview that someone posted in a previous thread. Since we now know he's lying, it was bit disconcerting to watch. But one thing that stood out for me was when he was talking about Subway. Not only did he suddenly get defensive, but it sounded like he was plugging the chain. LOL

[quote]"Subway is open 24 hours for a reason so that when you hungry at night and ain't got no food, you go to Subway."

Did Subway pay him for this product placement? LOL

by Anonymousreply 324February 22, 2019 12:21 PM

"Jussie's Subway order: 2 thirty five hundred dollar foot-longs"

by Anonymousreply 325February 22, 2019 12:23 PM

Jussie's last twitter post on 1/27. "Frauds are everywhere"

"Frauds are everywhere y’all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs. Just remember... Salt, cocaine and anthrax can all appear to be sugar...(the “refined” kind of course) just be careful out here fam. Happy Sunday. Love you. Real talk. Love on."

by Anonymousreply 326February 22, 2019 12:25 PM

[quote]You can be sure that if the "Nigerian" brothers weren't cleared by the evidence, Jussie would have let them stay under the bus.

If this ever goes to trial, which I highly doubt, Jussie's high-priced lawyers will rake the bros -- and the CPD -- over the coals. Just a few more casualties of Jussie's narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 327February 22, 2019 12:27 PM

Funny how black liberals are throwing TWO poor black men under the bus to clear ONE rich and privileged one.

Black liberals don’t give a shit about black people unless they are rich, famous and good looking.

by Anonymousreply 328February 22, 2019 12:29 PM

robin Roberts knows he was lying...u can see it by the way she looks and acts, she aint no dummy,

Empire will be cancelled. A nest of secrets over there.....

by Anonymousreply 329February 22, 2019 12:30 PM

True R327, watch for a lot of dirt to stop leaking out on the brothers to the press, all curtesy of Jussie's defense team.

by Anonymousreply 330February 22, 2019 12:30 PM

If Jussie does have NPD, he will never admit any wrongdoing. I have an estranged brother and mother who are like that and they never apologize for anything. It's always someone else's fault.

by Anonymousreply 331February 22, 2019 12:31 PM

R328 and light skinned

by Anonymousreply 332February 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Updated thread suggestions for Part 13. Currently tied at two votes (see below) Add your own, or put your R up for the one you like:

The Merchant of Subway [R 267] Pt.11

Much Ado About Tuna [R 277] Pt. 11

A Modern Day Lunching [R 302] Pt. 11 (there has been an objection to this, may possibly be pulled from the running)

A Flighty Risk [R 322] Pt. 11

Dial M for MAGA [R 69] Pt 12 2 votes on this so far

Subway to Hell [R114] Pt. 12

Late to His Own Hate Crime *revised* [R177] Pt 12

Once More Unto the Bleach R177 Pt 12 2 votes on this so far

Good Golly Miss Molly

by Anonymousreply 333February 22, 2019 12:32 PM

I vote for "A Modern Day Lunching"

by Anonymousreply 334February 22, 2019 12:34 PM

I agree there will be a lot of dirt leaked about the brothers, hopefully among said dirt will finally be the dick pics we have been searching for.

by Anonymousreply 335February 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Sorry r320 I didn't see your post before I posted the updated title list.

Fake Noose. It has been mentioned in variations on a few threads. I guess if it gets the vote I could just give title credit to "multiple"

by Anonymousreply 336February 22, 2019 12:39 PM

Jussie knows he'll be fine. He learned from "Empire" that the toughest guy in prison is Chris Rock.

by Anonymousreply 337February 22, 2019 12:43 PM

r300 oh ffs, did he really call all the cast and crew together like they are his disciples, to speak with them? JFC, I would be so pissed. Like someone came in to the writer's room, "can y'all come out? Jussie would like to talk to you." and then they all have to wait till Jussie and his band of retarded siblings show up in their sunglasses and he fake cries and drops some more bullshit. Goddamn I would hate him so much. He's like the asshole in your college class who, when the professor says, "okay, if there are no questions you guys can leave early today. " and then he raises his hand to ask a question that he could have asked in the teacher's office hours and makes all of us stay and listen. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 338February 22, 2019 12:58 PM

I really don't think sending him to prison will solve anything, prison is an escape from facing the world. If you send him there, by the time he gets out people would have forgotten what he had done. He needs to walk in the world and face the consequences of his actions: total social rejection.

by Anonymousreply 339February 22, 2019 1:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340February 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Romeo and Smollett- A Shakesperian Tragedy of the love story between a D-List actor.....and himself.

Thread title after sentencing?

by Anonymousreply 341February 22, 2019 1:06 PM

All Jussie's defense team can do is: get as many fools as possible seated on the jury in voir dire; sow doubt among them (with bullshit like "chain of custody"); and have them look at Jussie's wet, puppydog eyes as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 342February 22, 2019 1:07 PM

Chicago Police refused to escort/protect Smollett from court after he was released. Who's the guy he's hanging onto?

by Anonymousreply 343February 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Why did they refuse?

by Anonymousreply 344February 22, 2019 1:18 PM

Maybe they didn't want to help him because he lied to the cops, refused to turn over phone evidence or meet with them, sent them on a wild goose chase, etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 345February 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Seriously r344? Because he's not the fucking king or anything, why should they help him out when he's already trying to blame them for framing him. Fuck him, he's a civilian, he doesn't deserve an escort.

by Anonymousreply 346February 22, 2019 1:20 PM

R341 Noted. A bit long but should fit. It would work fine even before sentencing. I believe Chrissy Metz Sings! is reserved for sentencing though for the state charges or federal charges is up for debate.

R344 CPD policy is not to do perp walks (intake) or post bail escorts according to CWB Chicago, and one other source that I can't remember now.

by Anonymousreply 347February 22, 2019 1:21 PM

If anyone wants a little diversion, they are casting the Jussie Smollett movie over here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 22, 2019 1:24 PM

Well, he's famous now.

by Anonymousreply 349February 22, 2019 1:28 PM

I'm just watching the CPD press conference for the first time. Does the black cop who sad he wishes "everyday victims of violence" got this attention have a press conference for those everyday victims of violence?

by Anonymousreply 350February 22, 2019 1:38 PM

R350 he also said that Jussie's punishment should just be to apologize to the city of Chicago/PD and reimburse them.

by Anonymousreply 351February 22, 2019 1:41 PM

Rome Flynn should play Jussie

by Anonymousreply 352February 22, 2019 1:43 PM

I vote for FAKE NOOSE

by Anonymousreply 353February 22, 2019 1:48 PM

I would imagine there are some cast members that would like for him to be fired. Its got to be tense on the set.

by Anonymousreply 354February 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Every Which Way but Noose

by Anonymousreply 355February 22, 2019 1:51 PM

This story is truly fucking hilarious and Jussie is now & forever the Stunt Kween Of All Media.

But I do have some fellow feeling for him and I don’t want him to go to jail. Stunt queens gotta stunt - a bottom who hasn’t got enough attention lately will do anything to get it. Public humiliation & payment of restitution should cover it.

by Anonymousreply 356February 22, 2019 1:51 PM

I’m amazed at how huge a story it is, not just nationally but internationally. It leads local and national newscasts

by Anonymousreply 357February 22, 2019 1:52 PM

Be careful what you wish for, Jussilyn...

by Anonymousreply 358February 22, 2019 1:55 PM

I vote for Dial M for MAGA

And I like Every Which Way but Noose

by Anonymousreply 359February 22, 2019 1:56 PM

NPDs don't like negative attention, right? So this really must be eating at him.

by Anonymousreply 360February 22, 2019 1:58 PM

R357, it has gained some momentum, too.

R354, I imagine the same. Terence Wifebeater and Taraji must be fuming. I can’t believe he had the balls to face his coworkers. And I can’t BELIEVE he hasn’t been released from his contract.

by Anonymousreply 361February 22, 2019 1:58 PM

Jussie is toast.

by Anonymousreply 362February 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Would you like your tuna sub toasted?

Oh yes please.

by Anonymousreply 363February 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Nah, R360. NPDs love any kind of attention because they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of negative attention. In their minds, it's all good. But...did Smollett give up the "drug deal" explanation, i.e. the brothers are his drug dealers and they were trying to frighten him for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 364February 22, 2019 2:05 PM

You got that right R361...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365February 22, 2019 2:05 PM

Someone upthread asked who he was holding onto as he left the courthouse yesterday. A news segment i just watched said it was a security guard.

by Anonymousreply 366February 22, 2019 2:11 PM

He looks cute with long hair, hot with short hair

by Anonymousreply 367February 22, 2019 2:11 PM

I don't think I've ever see Jussie with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 368February 22, 2019 2:13 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach to see the sheeple leap praise on the Chicago police department.

by Anonymousreply 369February 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Jesus, r369, you lost anyone with a brain when you said "sheeple". Go find some pizzagate threads.

by Anonymousreply 370February 22, 2019 2:18 PM

Calvin Tran of Project Runway should play the Subway sandwich artist. His only line would be, "Oh here go hell come."

by Anonymousreply 371February 22, 2019 2:23 PM

R365, wonder if the angry ones are Terrence and Taraji, Jussie is in trouble if so. The show doesn’t need him and he’s not a particularly good actor (but is saved from being the worst on the show due to the guy who plays the youngest son and the woman from Precious both managing to be worse).

by Anonymousreply 372February 22, 2019 2:25 PM

Wrong thread, sorry

by Anonymousreply 373February 22, 2019 2:25 PM

In fact come to think of it, don’t recast the Jamal character, just take whatever you would pay a recast, and give it to Taraji P. Henson who is dragging this show along into each season’s renewal her damn self.

by Anonymousreply 374February 22, 2019 2:27 PM

Taraji was liking pro Jussie posts on IG the day before yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 375February 22, 2019 2:27 PM

R375 how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 376February 22, 2019 2:30 PM

I imagine Taraji is one of those pissed off. Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 377February 22, 2019 2:31 PM

This is horrible and embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 378February 22, 2019 2:33 PM

He will not be in the last 2 episodes per MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 379February 22, 2019 2:35 PM

Boo just reported Mussie’s role has been cut in the last 2 episodes of Empire.

by Anonymousreply 380February 22, 2019 2:35 PM

Confirmed on FOX TV’s Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381February 22, 2019 2:37 PM

"The events of the past few weeks have been incredibly emotional for all of us. Jussie has been an important member of our EMPIRE family for the past five years and we care about him deeply. While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out. We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of 'Jamal' from the final two episodes of the season."

-Lee Daniels, Danny Strong, Brett Mahoney, Brian Grazer, Sanaa Hamri, Francie Calfo and Dennis Hammer, executive producers of EMPIRE.

by Anonymousreply 382February 22, 2019 2:38 PM

r377, Because I saw them. I think one of them was by his sister Jurnee

by Anonymousreply 383February 22, 2019 2:38 PM

“Disruption on set” — he has pissed off someone important now.

by Anonymousreply 384February 22, 2019 2:38 PM

Jessie is hot! I just want to see more nudes.

by Anonymousreply 385February 22, 2019 2:39 PM

R382 it reads like there is still belief in his innocence. Let’s remember the black community and the OJ trial, they have such a lack of accountability.

by Anonymousreply 386February 22, 2019 2:40 PM

R372, you know Terrence is not happy about someone else getting all of this attention-- for committing a fucking crime no less!!

by Anonymousreply 387February 22, 2019 2:41 PM

R386 I think that’s just respect for the process. The guy isn’t convicted yet. Suspending him is the only option.

by Anonymousreply 388February 22, 2019 2:41 PM

r384 Someone? Try everyone! Did you not see the ridiculous shit he did. Comes to the set, calls everyone out to talk to them, has his fucking dumb family with them, breaks down crying so they can't film, wastes everyone's time, has to come back to do the scenes. Not to mention, some fucking people may want to really mail some anthrax to him on the Empire set. Fuck, I would bet they all are pissed.

by Anonymousreply 389February 22, 2019 2:43 PM

R386 what is really interesting about this is that by supporting Jussie, they are dissing two other african american guys (and although Juss won't admit it, he's only half black!). There is 100% certainty that the cops charged him AFTER absolutely supporting their conclusion with facts-- he dunzo from the show after he is convicted of his crime(s)... if not before!

by Anonymousreply 390February 22, 2019 2:45 PM

R389, I hadn’t registered that he had taken his family to the set with him, actually... wow, what a fool.

by Anonymousreply 391February 22, 2019 2:47 PM

ONTD says this won’t be good for his sister Jurnee who has a big superhero role coming up apparently and may find interviewers want to ask questions about JS instead.

by Anonymousreply 392February 22, 2019 2:49 PM

I asked this question in another thread and no one said anything. I think they are lightening up his pictures now to really play up the half white angle. Someone on this thread actually did say a TMZ pic of him looked light. But can anyone back me on this? Look at the pictures when he was hailed as a brave, black, gay attack victim and then look at the pics now that we know he's a liar. The pictures from before are darkers.

by Anonymousreply 393February 22, 2019 2:49 PM

[quote]Nah, [R360]. NPDs love any kind of attention because they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of negative attention. In their minds, it's all good.

Isn't that sociopaths? NPDs crave adulation. My mom is NPD and doesn't like to be associated with anything negative.

by Anonymousreply 394February 22, 2019 2:53 PM

He's always done good things for his community. just sad all the way around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395February 22, 2019 2:56 PM

Good people can do bad things.

by Anonymousreply 396February 22, 2019 3:01 PM

I hope he doesn't go to prison, he doesn't belong there!

by Anonymousreply 397February 22, 2019 3:03 PM

R394, my experience with sociopaths is that any attention is good attention -- because, in their mind, they invent reasons why it is.

Jussie's thinking is: They're just JELLUS that a strong black man is successful! A black man has no chance in this evil, whitey-infected country! They're trying to tear me down because my greatness + my blackness is an affront to their Nazi beliefs!

He believes, in other words, that the negative attention is a form of positive attention. I think his stirring address to the troops on the Empire set proves he views himself as a civil rights martyr.

by Anonymousreply 398February 22, 2019 3:04 PM

^^^ Sorry, I meant my experience with narcissists. Fortunately, I haven't had much experience with sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 399February 22, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]I imagine Taraji is one of those pissed off. Just a guess.

I think so too. Last year, it was announced that Taraji was going to produce and star in a movie about Emmett Till. She's set to play Till's mother. When news of the "attack" came out, I think Taraji probably believed him thinking back to the Till case and other real life hate crimes. It will be interesting to see what happens when Taraji promotes The Best of Enemies which is based on the real story of a KKK member who became friends with a black community activist in the 70s. Will interviewers ask Taraji about Jussie's "racist attack hoax"?

by Anonymousreply 400February 22, 2019 3:05 PM

This can't be said enough: Smollet is a barely melinated person of wealth/influence and for him to get the two second generation immigrants of color to bear the brunt of the crimes he had them perform for his own glorification (for chump change) sounds like something the progressive stack should get upset about.

But we know that's not how it really works.

by Anonymousreply 401February 22, 2019 3:07 PM

R395, ANY good things he’s done he’s done them in front of cameras. Like most elitist fools they re the tru cultural appropriators always wearing an unprivileged persons pain as a badge of honor.

You SJWs now suddenly wanting mercy on this piece of shit are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 402February 22, 2019 3:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403February 22, 2019 3:14 PM

R393, here’s what Jussie, who is himself biracial, said about his TV character having a white boyfriend: “fuck no.” Interesting attitude.

I will be interested to see if he is from now on consistently referred to as “biracial” rather than black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404February 22, 2019 3:15 PM

Someone mentioned this in another Jussie thread, and it's been my experience too: the most militant black activists/black separatists tend to be biracial.

by Anonymousreply 405February 22, 2019 3:18 PM

No more work for Jussie- they dropped his lying 🤥 black ass from the show.

by Anonymousreply 406February 22, 2019 3:20 PM

ICYMI! The bond prefer can be read here. It's just devastating. His lawyers are close to committing legal malpractice with the denial strategy. They can only be shooting for some kind of nullification strategy, but they are risking the hammer being brought down harder on their client.

Thers no reasonable alternative scenario where Jussie is innocent with that set of facts. The lawyers seemed to be implying that it was totally unfair for CPD to invest so much time gathering evidence, it was racist politics that made them solve the case.

By report, Jussie got a raise to 100000 per episode. I tryingto ke in mind amuse is a liar. the reason he gave his friends is not necessarily the whole of it, or necessarily true at all. he would have had to appeal to their sense of fairness and helping a brother out. IF there were any political angle (even if it was soley Jussie's initiative) or attempt to boost his friends political aims, I doubt he'd bring that up to the brothers, people he thought of as his dupes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407February 22, 2019 3:21 PM

R405, yes, I called it the "Bob Marley Effect."

by Anonymousreply 408February 22, 2019 3:23 PM

Many in the black community tend to still defend their own in the face of overwhelming evidence. Look at Michael Jackson, OJ and Chris Brown. All beloved despite homicide/paedophilia/domestic violence charges. They also defend celebs against other black non celebs, so Jussie against the Nigerian bros.

by Anonymousreply 409February 22, 2019 3:26 PM

Even though he’s been dropped from the final two episodes of the show he’ll still get paid for them ($100,000 per episode.) Per ET commentator on CNN. Get that money, Justine!

by Anonymousreply 410February 22, 2019 3:28 PM

R410 Yep. They haven't fired him.

by Anonymousreply 411February 22, 2019 3:29 PM

He's been dropped from 17 and 18 but will still feature prominently in 11-16, as those have already been filmed.

by Anonymousreply 412February 22, 2019 3:30 PM

How long until he files for bankruptcy? Them lawyers don't come cheap!

by Anonymousreply 413February 22, 2019 3:30 PM

He will go on Ellen and confess to a Xanax addiction. Xanax makes people think all kinds of weird shit is a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 414February 22, 2019 3:32 PM

Yeah, I have never see a case with the amount of direct evidence against Jussie. Except, ironically, he wasn't captured on video. That's the only thing missing.

R401 yes, that is the most appalling part of this for me. It's one thing to do what he did, but to let them take the fall completely?

by Anonymousreply 415February 22, 2019 3:32 PM

He has rich friends in the entertainment and politics who believe him and are willing to pay his lawyer bills

by Anonymousreply 416February 22, 2019 3:32 PM

R414 I thought his drug of choice was molly

by Anonymousreply 417February 22, 2019 3:33 PM

r409, The gay might cancel out the black in this case though. I'm not seeing much support for him from straight black people.

by Anonymousreply 418February 22, 2019 3:34 PM

Hard to transfigure Jussie's case into a symbol for sticking it to the man, though. To get there you have to stick it to the reputations of two relatively poor and much blacker men, who he has to paint as traitorous fiends.

by Anonymousreply 419February 22, 2019 3:34 PM

R407 Here’s the plan I bet: Throw as much reasonable doubt at the jury as humanly possible (Geragos is a pro at this..that’s why he’s there.) Stir in plenty of ‘Racist, Corrupt Cops!’ a la the OJ defense and that’s Jussie’s ticket outta there. All it takes is one holdout juror with a deep distrust of/animosity towards cops, that should be no problem at all.

by Anonymousreply 420February 22, 2019 3:37 PM

R420 As much as I hate to admit, this is probably going to be the outcome. Remember they actually had videotape of R Kelly's crime and they still couldn't get a Chicago jury to come to a unanimous decision.

by Anonymousreply 421February 22, 2019 3:45 PM

R420 As much as I hate to admit, this is probably going to be the outcome. Remember they actually had videotape of R Kelly's crime and they still couldn't get a Chicago jury to come to a unanimous decision.

by Anonymousreply 422February 22, 2019 3:46 PM

Why do people hear refer to him with feminine names and pronouns? Just because you’re effeminate, doesn’t mean you have to attempt to smear all gay guys with your propensity. Chill on that feminine projection crap.

by Anonymousreply 423February 22, 2019 3:51 PM

You mean Jussrina Smolletina the actress who's lying her stinky punanny off and gets all on the rag when she's discovered not to be the honest princess she professes to be? Don't do this?

by Anonymousreply 424February 22, 2019 3:55 PM

Crafting insults to humiliate gay men by insinuating that they are really women is insulting to women. So if that's your intent, then carry on.

by Anonymousreply 425February 22, 2019 3:59 PM

Are the Nigerians cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 426February 22, 2019 3:59 PM

Oh, honey at R423, chill the fuck out. Is your fragile masculinity threatened? Are you one of those gay guys who need to tell everyone upfront that you’re a top?

by Anonymousreply 427February 22, 2019 4:00 PM

I liked the thread name suggestion from a couple of threads ago:

Two Nigerians From Verona

by Anonymousreply 428February 22, 2019 4:01 PM

His birth name is Justin. So...Jussie? I hope the feds can prove he wrote/sent the letter

by Anonymousreply 429February 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Life coach Iyanla Vanzant weighs in with her opinion: "HE LIED."

But she also states that all of us lie, and liars like him are in pain, and the source of that pain must be acknowledged, understood, addressed, and ultimately forgiven.

I get it, but he needs to make the first move in admitting his guilt, along with the gravity of his actions. I can't easily forgive someone who's so reticent to own up to their wrongdoing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 22, 2019 4:01 PM

R430, she came across as a real black bitch in her defense of Jussie. Would she be this forgiving and generous if Jussie was white?

by Anonymousreply 431February 22, 2019 4:04 PM

R421 There are millions of black men in prison so if your theory was true it doesn't work very well. No one knows who this guy is. He's certainly not OJ. He wasted tax payer money and time in a city where 80% of murders go unsolved. I don't think Chicagoans will like this And Geragos got Scott Peterson the death penalty, woops! Also he's not just suspended form Empire. He's expelled. It's not just that he lied. It's the psycho dangerous way he went about it. Who would insure him? Who could ever trust him again?

by Anonymousreply 432February 22, 2019 4:08 PM

R430, yeah, this is what I predicted. "He held a mirror up to our society! We're ALL guilty!" I sure as fuck won't forgive him, and I sure as fuck don't see myself in the mirror this NPD moron holds up. Jussie maintains he has done nothing wrong. How can you forgive someone for a wrongdoing they didn't commit?

Just out of curiosity, does Iyanla say Trump is "one of us"? Does she say every lie he tells holds a mirror up to her face and forces her to confront her own evil? No? Just when a black dude sins, only then is it the fault of "all of us"? Okay, honey.

by Anonymousreply 433February 22, 2019 4:13 PM

R421, that was also a diff time... I think if Kelly went on trial now he’d be guilty, but like others have said blacks will still support known criminals like Cosby and Kelly. Except those are straight and straight black people were skeptical of Smollett from beginning. It’s only rich pathetic black SJWs backing him up, they may be loud but are a minority.

by Anonymousreply 434February 22, 2019 4:15 PM

The show runners of Empire are playing their cards close to their chest. Take him out of the last 2 episodes and hope that by the time the next season starts, the federal charges will be so severe Jussie will immediately take a plea and go to jail for a year or two. Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 435February 22, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]You have never lived his truth.

That’s true. I’m not a moron like him and you.

by Anonymousreply 436February 22, 2019 4:22 PM

Here is Ellen Page's twitter, radio silence on him but people are still asking her. I get that becoming the darling of the hipster movie scene when you were fetus age has probably skewed your self importance but that rant of hers on Colbert was fucking cringe-y and it aged very badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437February 22, 2019 4:27 PM

Let's hope the Feds nail him for sending the fake letter.

by Anonymousreply 438February 22, 2019 4:28 PM

R421 Those millions of black men in jail can’t afford high priced lawyers. Money can buy a lot, including not guilty verdicts.

by Anonymousreply 439February 22, 2019 4:30 PM

Not only are the feds going to go after him for the letter, it'll make the Chicago charges look like a cakewalk!

by Anonymousreply 440February 22, 2019 4:30 PM

Per THR Jussie's career as a singer never took off. His debut album in 2018 sold only 7,000. That's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 441February 22, 2019 4:30 PM

Gabby Sidibe has deleted her Instagram post ("I know him, I believe him, I stand with him.").

by Anonymousreply 442February 22, 2019 4:32 PM

She deleted it because of the comments R442. Doesn't mean she doesn't still support him. I was hoping she would be one that saw through his lies.

by Anonymousreply 443February 22, 2019 4:35 PM

I don’t understand why Ellen Page needs to explain or atone for anything she said. Literally everything she said in her supposed rant was true. Trump:Pence have created a culture of violence around gay people because of their continued demonization. She gave a 5 second shout-out in support of Jussie (who she made clear to say she did not know) but everything she said was true.

What does she have to apologize for exactly? The only people for whom that speech is cringeworthy should be homophobes, Nazis, and Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 444February 22, 2019 4:37 PM

R444 Give me ONE example of how Trump and Pence have demonized you as a gay person. Have they overturned gay marriage? NO, they have not. Trump is, however, trying to contain the invasion of Muslims who would be more than happy to toss your gay ass off a rooftop. WHY can’t you see this???

by Anonymousreply 445February 22, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]Someone mentioned this in another Jussie thread, and it's been my experience too: the most militant black activists/black separatists tend to be biracial.

I could understand this if it's true. If you look black, it doesn't matter who your folks are. And I would imagine there would be some anger if the "privilege" (sorry, hate the word) white people enjoy is denied to some biracial people because they "read" as black. I'd be pissed. Obama was half-white, raised by his white family members but was not looked upon as white. They see and feel the unfairness and injustice of it more keenly IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 446February 22, 2019 4:44 PM

[Quote]she came across as a real black bitch in her defense of Jussie.

Watch your language, r431. Would you be just as quick to refer to Ellen Page as "that white bitch"?

by Anonymousreply 447February 22, 2019 4:48 PM

r444 She could have said all that Pence shit without saying how Jussie's thing was absolutely a hate crime, connect the dots, etc. She's an asshole like all those hollywood types.

by Anonymousreply 448February 22, 2019 4:48 PM

R446, as much as we don't want to believe it, half-black, half-white people often are mocked or rejected by black people as well.

by Anonymousreply 449February 22, 2019 4:49 PM

At the risk of being flamed, I posit that bi-racial people feel a need to prove their blackness by being more militant about it.

by Anonymousreply 450February 22, 2019 4:49 PM

Deplorable/Trump cunt at @445.

The Trump administration has removed all mentions of LGBT people and rights from the White House website. Trump installed Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, a man with a troubling history of opposing civil rights, including those for gay people, Almost every Cabinet member has some history of hostility towards gay people, the transgender ban in the military.

You put yourself as a Deplorable cunt by saying that getting rid of Muslim people is somehow evidence of being pro-gay. You are a fucking cunt from hell and should leave this message board immediately.

by Anonymousreply 451February 22, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]He has rich friends in the entertainment and politics who believe him and are willing to pay his lawyer bills

Not so sure about this. Lee Daniels and Tyler Perry, both gay and rich, are probably not going to be donating to a "Save Jussie" fund. He has lost his reputation, may soon lose his career, and I doubt he's saved enough money to pay these high-priced sharks/lawyers. He could end up making Subway sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 452February 22, 2019 4:51 PM

R444 Here's what Page said: "We have a media that's saying it's a debate whether or not what just happened to Jussie Smollett is a hate crime. It's absurd. This bleep isn't a debate."

by Anonymousreply 453February 22, 2019 4:52 PM

R451 turn you're trolldar on

by Anonymousreply 454February 22, 2019 4:53 PM

I think if he right now came clean, did the perp walk, apologized, begged forgiveness, and jumped into therapy he could salvage things. This digging his heels in is going to ruin him.

by Anonymousreply 455February 22, 2019 4:56 PM

R451 Considering your hatred of them they have done fuck all in reality against gays and lesbians. So take a seat and let reality seep in, ya mental screaming cunt

by Anonymousreply 456February 22, 2019 4:58 PM

I'm sure Spike Lee will still cast him.

by Anonymousreply 457February 22, 2019 5:00 PM

R456, why don’t you head over to the Naval Observatory and lick Mike Pence’s asshole. I know you both would love it.

by Anonymousreply 458February 22, 2019 5:00 PM

'Arguments erupt' on Empire set after Jussie Smollett's arrest as 'furious' cast members call for him to be FIRED and Gabby Sidibe deletes supportive Instagram post while others stand by him and insist he is innocent.

Some of the stars are 'f*****g furious' about the allegations and believe he should be fired for bringing shame to the entire production, according to TMZ.

Others, however, are standing by him and do not believe he is capable of concocting such an elaborate hoax.

The divide has led to 'arguments' on set, according to the sources.

He was sent home on Thursday without filming any scenes because it was so obvious that he had been crying, according to production sources.

Among the actors who appear to be walking back their support of him is Gabby Sidibe, Smollett's one-time roommate and one of his closest friends.

On Wednesday, before he handed himself in to police, she uploaded an Instagram post with the caption: 'I know him, I believe him, I stand with him.'

The post was a photograph of Malcolm X and a quote about the 'irresponsible media' which turns victims into villains and vice versa.

----------------------

I wouldn't want to be the one fighting with Gabby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459February 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Biracial weighing in- we often see the racism our black parent experience + experience some form of racism/animosity from both blacks and whites. Look at the LSA thread regarding Jussee. There are a ton of absolutely disgusting things being said about him....because he is biracial. I was raised in Canada but lived in the US for many years. Being biracial in Canada is basically a non-issue (for me anyway). In the states race relations are absolutely bizarre and antiquated. It's also a tremendously segregated country. So weird...

by Anonymousreply 460February 22, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote] Trump is, however, trying to contain the invasion of Muslims who would be more than happy to toss your gay ass off a rooftop. WHY can’t you see this???

AYFKM with this garbage. This assertion is so wildly stupid, inane, and inaccurate that it reads like a parody.

WHY can't we see this you ask? Because it is a fiction, a chimera, a made up fantasy. It doesn't exist except in the fevered minds of Deplorables.

People like this are simply too idiotic to reason with.

by Anonymousreply 461February 22, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]what is really interesting about this is that by supporting Jussie, they are dissing two other african american guys.

American blacks don’t give two shots about those Nigerians.

They view them as foreigners, and not “brothas” from the hood.

Stupidity among blacks is real.

by Anonymousreply 462February 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Gabby Sidibe is a fucking whore.

by Anonymousreply 463February 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Chrissy Metz in blackface, as Gabby Sidibe, in the movie version of this.

by Anonymousreply 464February 22, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]Others, however, are standing by him and do not believe he is capable of concocting such an elaborate hoax.

A hoax? Undeniable. "Elaborate"? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 465February 22, 2019 5:08 PM

Well it sounds like him showing up to the set yesterday just to give a dramatic speech and then leave cost them an entire day of production. They were ready to cut him lose well before this but “distraction” on set to the cast and crew is an easy out to use.

They can deny they weren’t getting rid of the character all they want but it sounds like when he demanded a higher salary he was told they’d take him off the show rather than pay more. This is the only reason he would have resorted to such stupid antics instead of relying on his agent. Jussie wasn’t that valuable to a declining show and they told him to get fucked when he tried to get mo money.

He had NO leverage to get a raise. He thought being a high profile hate crime victim would give him leverage and he wasn’t wrong. It did work initially, he got all kinds of public support from the show. He probably would have gotten at least a token raise and job security for a another season if he had pulled it off.

But instead he destroyed his entire career. (I’d bet he’s posting online under sock accounts somewhere. He must find his public mocking unbearable to take silently)

by Anonymousreply 466February 22, 2019 5:08 PM

It really turns my stomach to see essentially all of Woke Twitter claiming they fell for Smollett's lies because they're good people, as if you have to be a bad person to simply question a story.

Since when is gullibility a moral virtue?

by Anonymousreply 467February 22, 2019 5:10 PM

R459 Gabby has not stopped supporting him. She deleted it because of the comments. Stop reading into things just because celebrities are deleting their tweets or Instagram comment about this. If I worked on Empire I sure as hell wouldn't want any scenes with him. I think it takes great courage for those actors to say they want him fired.

by Anonymousreply 468February 22, 2019 5:11 PM

Trump did not make Jussie do this. Pence didn’t. Famewhorery did.

It’s ridiculous to blame anyone but Jussie for this. He wanted to be the new poster child of the movement. He also would have let innocent strangers take the blame for his “attack” and “hate letter” to promote this agenda. I hope he does his full time on state and federal charges.

And there is more that we don’t even know yet about this guy. He hasn’t simply taken a 10-year break since pinning his DUI on his brother.

Oh, He’ll Be Singing a Different Tuna.

by Anonymousreply 469February 22, 2019 5:13 PM

[quote]Since when is gullibility a moral virtue?

Since about the same time as smug infallibility you asshole.

by Anonymousreply 470February 22, 2019 5:13 PM

This wasn't elaborate. He's crying someone stuffed a turd down his pants when he actually shat himself.

by Anonymousreply 471February 22, 2019 5:13 PM

R439 those lawyers have only this solitary defense: "it was unfair and racist to catch him."

Good luck with that, especially since the jury has to buy his story that the brothers did this to him and the police were unwilling to unearth their motive.

Is there anyone on this earth who could believe he didn't recognize his flow friends, let alone mistake their voices and features from somemcaucasian illinois nazis? It's insulting.

by Anonymousreply 472February 22, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]Many in the black community tend to still defend their own in the face of overwhelming evidence.

This is a HUGE part of why black “communities” are giant, crime-ridden shitholes.

They are not gonna cooperate with the police, report crimes, and identify suspects to rid their neighborhoods of crime and violence. They would rather stay silent than report a black thug to the popo.

Their problem, not mine. They want to live like animals?... go right ahead.

by Anonymousreply 473February 22, 2019 5:15 PM

His friends and coworkers can still "support" Jussie without claiming to believe his idiotic and obvious lies. You can be there for him, you can feel badly for him, you can try to understand him.

But anyone who claims to believe him at this point has zero credibility as a human being. They are making themselves part of the problem.

That people can't grasp the notion that you can support him without believing him shows how idiotic this generation is. I swear to Christ.

by Anonymousreply 474February 22, 2019 5:15 PM

I agree with R460 (except the "segregated America" part). Seeing what your black parent might have gone through in the 60s can create hostility, even though we've made great progress since the Jim Crow days, simply because it (Jim Crow) existed. Had I been born biracial I think I'd be furious at how my mother/father was treated as "less than" even if we now see black people occupying equitable positions in almost every aspect of society today. And then to be put down by black culture for being "too white" is just a no-win catch 22 situation which must be frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 475February 22, 2019 5:18 PM

How are they going to explain Jamal's absence from the last two shows?

"Jamal got attacked by men in MAGA hats yesterday. He's now in the hospital."

"Jamal went on vacation to Barbados, since he was exhausted after the last performance."

"Jamal is in rehab in California. His recovery is painful but we are hopeful."

by Anonymousreply 476February 22, 2019 5:20 PM

From The Daily Show: Coming this fall… The story of a poorly staged hate crime that rocked a nation: Jussie’s Lie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 22, 2019 5:21 PM

R473 you need to go climb back under that rock.

by Anonymousreply 478February 22, 2019 5:21 PM

That Daily Show skit was excellent

by Anonymousreply 479February 22, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote]the reason he gave his friends is not necessarily the whole of it, or necessarily true at all. he would have had to appeal to their sense of fairness and helping a brother out.

No, he only had to appeal to their sense of greed.

by Anonymousreply 480February 22, 2019 5:27 PM

Can't wait to see what SNL does with this tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 481February 22, 2019 5:30 PM

I don't think they're gonna touch it r481 -- other than Weekend Update maybe

by Anonymousreply 482February 22, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] At the risk of being flamed, I posit that bi-racial people feel a need to prove their blackness by being more militant about it.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 483February 22, 2019 5:34 PM

R473 you are a complete waste of oxygen. I hope the planet isn't cursed with you too much longer.

by Anonymousreply 484February 22, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote]I don't think they're gonna touch it [R481] -- other than Weekend Update maybe

Yes, I can see Che addressing it.

by Anonymousreply 485February 22, 2019 5:42 PM

I doubt it was r473 who coined "snitches get stitches"

by Anonymousreply 486February 22, 2019 5:42 PM

R480 if Jussie thought that were true, he wouldn't have given any reason at all.

Maybe money was all that was really needed, but Jussie told them a story. I thinks it's safe to say Jussie is a manipulative bitch and lies a lot and it concerned about his appearance to others. point being IF he told them that tale as described in the bond proffer, it doesn't mean he was telling them his true or full motivation.

by Anonymousreply 487February 22, 2019 5:45 PM

R325, now that's a thread title if I've ever heard one!

"Hold the mayo, Extra bleach"

OP, you know what to do!

by Anonymousreply 488February 22, 2019 5:46 PM

I like Fake Noose. Still don't get the motive. Must be the drugs that twisted him. And the political climate. But that's fucked up for everyone. Put drugs, privilege, and paranoia on top of that and you're wacko.

by Anonymousreply 489February 22, 2019 5:53 PM

The white guys Jussie was willing to lynch, can they sue his guts out now?

by Anonymousreply 490February 22, 2019 5:55 PM

Many years ago an obviously racist man I knew (he hated blacks and Jews) used to say that a black man posed no real threat to society until he was had some white in him, and that they had only two things on their minds, sex and revolution. He was born on the day Hitler came to power in 1933 and his middle name was Adolf. Go figure. He died by suicide years ago.

by Anonymousreply 491February 22, 2019 6:02 PM

Yes, it was the drugs, no doubt forced upon him by our oppressive racist society. He was being exploited by that racist network Fox too. His $1.8 million a season? He should have gotten 10x that.

by Anonymousreply 492February 22, 2019 6:05 PM

R481 SNL is off this week.

by Anonymousreply 493February 22, 2019 6:07 PM

r491 just goes to show you that hate eats its own.

by Anonymousreply 494February 22, 2019 6:15 PM

What jussie did is far worse than some questionably racist offhand insult. How fucking dumb that dude is. He sent fake anthrax through the mail to his place of work in order to coerce sympathy, favor, and increased benefits from his employer. He terrorized his own workplace, his employer and fellow employees for the most selfish, juvenile reasons.

That's fucked up and insane as it is, but then he hires friends to create a hoax that was intended to inflame hatred against white people and Republican party supporters, again with narcissistic and monetary reasons at its heart.

He was actually going to hang the crime on any innocent white people the cops picked up. He could have destroyed innocent lives over this.

by Anonymousreply 495February 22, 2019 6:15 PM

Why is “wife-beater” Terrence Howard still on the show?

by Anonymousreply 496February 22, 2019 6:18 PM

Because I need to pay for my houseboat r496.

by Anonymousreply 497February 22, 2019 6:21 PM

It's Friday and he is public enemy #1. Just needed to sink in, was all.

by Anonymousreply 498February 22, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]It's Friday and he is public enemy #1.

It's all about Bob Kraft and R. Kelly today.

by Anonymousreply 499February 22, 2019 6:23 PM

Oh, hi. I hope it's not too late, but I know who really did it. And I have the proof in this bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500February 22, 2019 6:27 PM

R430 how is that fat bitch a life coach?!

by Anonymousreply 501February 22, 2019 6:33 PM

Final nominees for Part 13 title suggestions. No new titles will be considered at this time, though will be noted (hopefully not forgotten by your elder OP) for future threads.

The nominees are:

Dial M for MAGA [R 69] Pt 12 2 votes on this so far

Once More Unto the Bleach [R177] Pt 12 2 votes on this so far

Fake Noose: (multiple) 3 votes on this so far.

Every Which Way but Noose r355 Pt. 12 1 vote so far

A Modern Day Lunching [R 302] Pt. 11 (there has been an objection to this plus a vote so at 0)

Please cast your final votes now. I trust you all not to be a Jussie and cheat by multiple voting.

Yeah, I know, OP get a hobby, worse than Hitler, etc.

by Anonymousreply 502February 22, 2019 6:36 PM

Noosie Smollett is a punk bich.

by Anonymousreply 503February 22, 2019 6:38 PM

Fake Noose, I am the one who suggested that originally and a modern day lunching, but not to be offensive, only because that moron Don Lemon kept saying how everyone was going to "eat his lunch" and not many of us knew what that meant.

by Anonymousreply 504February 22, 2019 6:40 PM

I like Dial M for MAGA

by Anonymousreply 505February 22, 2019 6:40 PM

R504 What was the thread and your R number so in case it wins you can get proper credit please?

by Anonymousreply 506February 22, 2019 6:42 PM

R504, Lemon's an idjit. To "eat someone's lunch" doesn't mean to dominate them or hurt them. It's really a business expression that means to take what should or could have gone to a given company if they'd guarded it. For example, Amazon ate Sears' lunch. Apple ate IBM's lunch. etc.

by Anonymousreply 507February 22, 2019 6:47 PM

r506 OP, oh I don't know, it may have been a few threads ago. I don't need credit, just glad to be on these threads, they are great.

by Anonymousreply 508February 22, 2019 6:49 PM

Falsely reporting a crime happens literally everyday. The fact this particular case became headlines around the globe shows me how stupid the world has come to be. This little incident has no victims no real damage but I guess cultural wars trump real issues everyday right? Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 509February 22, 2019 6:52 PM

You people are so gullible. This story has been going on for awhile suddenly he is in custody drugs are mentioned to get a reduced sentence.

Race race race. It has to be race as the motive instead of what we are being told about his money.

by Anonymousreply 510February 22, 2019 6:54 PM

I hate people trying to undermine this case. This is not a little incident.

by Anonymousreply 511February 22, 2019 6:55 PM

On CNN just now...

[quote]If it is found out that he has concocted this entire hoax it will be sorely disappointing and I think that he should face some accountability — I don't believe it should be jail time — but I do believe he should be held accountable to black queer folks.

Rev. Jamie Frazier, stopping just short of giving out his GoFundMe, Patreon, Venmo, and PayPal accounts

by Anonymousreply 512February 22, 2019 6:56 PM

I missed how drugs are now involved in this. Can someone enlighten me please?

by Anonymousreply 513February 22, 2019 6:56 PM

Yes it is. This whole circus just shows the world.how America loves to punish and incarcerate people for the dumbest shit while posing as some sort of free land. Most developed nations wouldn't bother with this pettiness. By all means keep asking the state to throw people in jail for small felonies we all laugh at your little dictatorship you call bland of the free.

by Anonymousreply 514February 22, 2019 6:58 PM

Our boo Rob is going to get a lot of exposure between this case and the R Kelly case.

by Anonymousreply 515February 22, 2019 7:00 PM

I agree with r510--this can't really be about money. He's gone on at great length about his hatred for Trump and Trumpsters and made much of his role as an activist/advocate and savior of the world. This is about (a) martyrdom for Jussie; and (b) damaging Trump and his followers.

by Anonymousreply 516February 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Glad to see people speaking redemption and healing i

by Anonymousreply 517February 22, 2019 7:00 PM

[R512]

He should only be held accountable to black gays?

He was setting any random white guys to be targeted.

Keep mind, two white gay guys would've sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 518February 22, 2019 7:01 PM

A lot of crimals are dumb and do dumb things it doesn’t lessen their crime He sent a letter with fake Antrax besides the fake racial hoax. He needs to serve some jail time.

by Anonymousreply 519February 22, 2019 7:03 PM

I think Trump and his dumb were an easy pick as the imaginary villains. Everything this guy has done has been idiotic. Why can’t his motive be the same ?

by Anonymousreply 520February 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Another vote for DIAL M FOR MAGA

by Anonymousreply 521February 22, 2019 7:06 PM

Dumb supporters.

by Anonymousreply 522February 22, 2019 7:06 PM

What had Whopee been saying about this on The View ?

by Anonymousreply 523February 22, 2019 7:11 PM

Another vote for Fake Noose.

by Anonymousreply 524February 22, 2019 7:11 PM

Jussie Smollett is a fucked up name.

by Anonymousreply 525February 22, 2019 7:12 PM

R514 No it's nothing that while murders are occurring a fair number of law enforcement are trying to solve a despicable hate crime against a beloved television character. But actually his life is over so it really doesn't matter if he goes to jail or not. His only friends will be that big girl on the show and his siblings. He might become single again (that might be a lie that he isn't already) and have to go on those ridiculous apps like he told Robin Roberts. But they aren't going to stick around a crazy if he has no work prospects and 1.2 million a year. Sociopath. I can't imagine giving my brother's name if I was pulled over for a DUI. That's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 526February 22, 2019 7:14 PM

Remember R Kelly did the same thing. He tried to tell people in the pee video is was his lookalike brother.

by Anonymousreply 527February 22, 2019 7:17 PM

Jussie, R Kelly...who will be the third Chicago celebrity indicted by a grand jury? These things always happen in threes.

by Anonymousreply 528February 22, 2019 7:18 PM

Kimberly Foxx (memba her?) is speaking at a press conference about R. Kelly on CNN right now.

Guess she’s not friends with him.

by Anonymousreply 529February 22, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]Race race race. It has to be race as the motive instead of what we are being told about his money.

Why does it HAVE to be about race? You think that because it confirms your notion that Smollett is vehemently anti-white, just as people believed his story initially because it confirmed their ideas about what trump supporters are like.

Personally, I'm guessing it was indeed some twisted attempt to get a raise, and getting to look like the heroic victim of violent MAGA douches was just icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 530February 22, 2019 7:19 PM

His race has nothing to do with anything. Do the crime, pay the time.

by Anonymousreply 531February 22, 2019 7:20 PM

The “our boo” troll should have a railroad spike pounded through its skull for posting obsessively about that ugly little goblin of a reporter.

by Anonymousreply 532February 22, 2019 7:25 PM

"His race has nothing to do with anything."

Uh, Jussie himself made race an issue.

by Anonymousreply 533February 22, 2019 7:27 PM

The more he tries to shift blame onto his Nigerian-descent friends, the worse it's going to go for him.

by Anonymousreply 534February 22, 2019 7:28 PM

Our boo: "This week has been a heck of a year for news in Chicago."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 22, 2019 7:31 PM

Whatever this creep says is worthless. Telling someone he did this to increase his salary is totally believable as something this dumb guy would do.

by Anonymousreply 536February 22, 2019 7:33 PM

R532 Well, there are a lot of us Our Boo "trolls", so you'd need a fair few spikes. I suggest saving all spiking for the Friday afternoon JSU happy hour community punch bowl. *hic* Sorry, early start.

by Anonymousreply 537February 22, 2019 7:35 PM

He made it about race, but his race has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. He is a lying fool who should go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 538February 22, 2019 7:37 PM

Will be interesting to see what the ratings for Empire are when it returns. Since they have unaired episodes I don't anticipate they will say anything about his employment status until all the episodes have aired.

by Anonymousreply 539February 22, 2019 7:38 PM

They seem to be saying they are “removing his character.” So I’m guessing, removing his characters storyline out of already filmed episodes yet to be broadcast? I don’t watch the show. How big was his part? Is he just going to disappear out of the show?

He supposedly went to the set and apologized for the controversy but still claims he is innocent. So what is he trying to claim? All the evidence is fake?

by Anonymousreply 540February 22, 2019 7:43 PM

His employment status is "he is no longer associated with this company". He's going to have to get creative or nasty about income in the future. Probably both.

by Anonymousreply 541February 22, 2019 7:44 PM

Bitch, Rob Elgas is HOT. Don't go by the Nanook photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 22, 2019 7:47 PM

They’ve already said his character will not be in the final two episodes of this season.

by Anonymousreply 543February 22, 2019 7:47 PM

His agency will drop him next. Then he's really fucked.

by Anonymousreply 544February 22, 2019 7:48 PM

Sorry, OT, but is there a better R. Kelly news thread to follow? This one only has 14 posts as it just addresses the latest. Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 22, 2019 7:49 PM

Oh Rob is a cutie! Is he a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 546February 22, 2019 7:49 PM

No, straight and married.

by Anonymousreply 547February 22, 2019 7:50 PM

The first sign a thread series is on the way to sucking is when fraus begin to obsess over the thread titles. Don't let that happen to the Jussie threads.

by Anonymousreply 548February 22, 2019 7:50 PM

His employment status is "he is no longer associated with this company". He's going to have to get creative or nasty about income in the future. Probably both.

—Anonymous reply 541

Jussie's first porn: "Jussie Does Nigeria".

by Anonymousreply 549February 22, 2019 7:51 PM

One night with me and our boo will give up women forever

by Anonymousreply 550February 22, 2019 7:52 PM

The comments are this Empire twitter account are 99% in favour of Jussie. These are recent!!! Celebrity obsession is real...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551February 22, 2019 7:52 PM

R542 Seximo as r239 coined! I used to bitch about that photo, now I can't imagine not seeing him gaze out at us in his Eskiboo drag.

by Anonymousreply 552February 22, 2019 7:52 PM

r548 I am a male. My initial JSU thread titles were boring, it has been nice to see people want to spice it up. We are just having a bit of fun, god forbid.

by Anonymousreply 553February 22, 2019 7:56 PM

The Man from MAGA

by Anonymousreply 554February 22, 2019 7:58 PM

If Jussie hadn't done this hokes, we wouldn't have known about Our Boo. Rob Elgas: a star is born!

by Anonymousreply 555February 22, 2019 7:59 PM

What about me??? I'm hotter!!

by Anonymousreply 556February 22, 2019 8:01 PM

Room for all boos r556!. Charlie, you got the special thanks credit for this thread, and I believe you also have your own dedicated thread on here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557February 22, 2019 8:04 PM

Rob has more personality and is a Man of the People. Would "Charlie Del Mar" (sic) judge the Naperville Rib Feast Competition for Channel 7? Rob Elgas did.

by Anonymousreply 558February 22, 2019 8:04 PM

I like OP and thank him for his recent service on DL!

by Anonymousreply 559February 22, 2019 8:05 PM

What am I, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 560February 22, 2019 8:05 PM

Yes, Brad, generic brand.

by Anonymousreply 561February 22, 2019 8:07 PM

OK, looks like Fake Noose has it for Part 13. Part 14 will go to Dial M for MAGA.

Any luck on digging up the best R. Kelly thread for me to catch up on?

r561 Rafie, you will get special thanks on Part 13 if I can fit it in the character limit.

R560 TV Brad, could you take those blinding pearly whites down a few tints? You can have Part 14.

by Anonymousreply 562February 22, 2019 8:10 PM

Jussie Does Chicago

by Anonymousreply 563February 22, 2019 8:21 PM

Grab 'Em By The Jussie

by Anonymousreply 564February 22, 2019 8:25 PM

This Is Juss

by Anonymousreply 565February 22, 2019 8:25 PM

If there's a Part 15 -- and you know there will be a Part 15 -- I nominate "Every Which Way But Noose." Not mine, but I appreciate a fine piece of titling when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 566February 22, 2019 8:30 PM

This thread has gotten considerably less witty and far more ugly than the preceding ones.

The armchair sociologists making negative blanket statements about black people sound like 100-year-old coots who’ve made precious little contact outside their own demographic.

I think what JS did was reprehensible as well as hilarious in its ineptitude, and it’s shown just how far the borderline celebration of victims and marginalization has become.

But it doesn’t mean everyone should be letting their racist flags fly high and proud.

by Anonymousreply 567February 22, 2019 8:32 PM

I hope through the entire trial he is addressed as Justin, a quick way to show what a fake liar he is

by Anonymousreply 568February 22, 2019 8:33 PM

The only conceivable way out of an assured one way ticket to infamy and oblivion forever for him is do a sitdown with Oprah. He will have do endure her ire and dressing down, ala James Frey, and then she could proffer an olive branch of redemption if he comes completely clean about this criminal fiasco. And I’m not even sure she would as word is that she is truly disgusted with him, particularity since she was Chicago’s premiere citizen.

by Anonymousreply 569February 22, 2019 8:34 PM

R568 why don't they address him as "Justin" when he went to court yesterday? When my brother had to go to court for something, he was called by his real name not the nickname by which we have always called him and by which he is known.

by Anonymousreply 570February 22, 2019 8:35 PM

He was referred to as “Defendant Smollett”.

by Anonymousreply 571February 22, 2019 8:36 PM

R569 I think he would have to do that with/for Robin Roberts. He lied to her face on national TV. He should have to make amends the same way.

by Anonymousreply 572February 22, 2019 8:36 PM

Yes, a sit down with Oprah would at least let people want to work with him in maybe 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 573February 22, 2019 8:43 PM

Dr Phil will go after him first.

by Anonymousreply 574February 22, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]I hope through the entire trial he is addressed as Justin, a quick way to show what a fake liar he is

Why would that show would a fake liar he is?

by Anonymousreply 575February 22, 2019 8:47 PM

R575 That is his name in reality, not Mussie Jussie land

by Anonymousreply 576February 22, 2019 8:48 PM

R569 I think an interview with Oprah is a given. One of Jussie's biggest supporters is Ava DuVernay who is a very good friend of Oprah's.

by Anonymousreply 577February 22, 2019 8:49 PM

Fresh litter box at the ready

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 13 (Fake Noose)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 22, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote][R575] That is his name in reality, not Mussie Jussie land

Yes, but why would the exceedingly common and ordinary practice of using a nickname indicate that someone is a fake liar?

by Anonymousreply 579February 22, 2019 8:52 PM

Because it is a court of law and nicknames are not used, Oh sorry, American, you lot are fucked

by Anonymousreply 580February 22, 2019 8:55 PM

Girls! GIrls! I woman enough for all of you.

by Anonymousreply 581February 22, 2019 8:58 PM

R580 Thank you. People with developmental disorders are the last people anyone should be insulting. It's cowardly. I hope 579 never procreates.

by Anonymousreply 582February 22, 2019 8:59 PM

You still fail to make a lick of sense, r580. So if Jussie goes to court and they address him as Justin because it's his legal name, that somehow shows he's a "fake liar" because he uses "Jussie" outside of court? That makes no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 583February 22, 2019 8:59 PM

R583 well, look who finally caught up!

by Anonymousreply 584February 22, 2019 9:01 PM

The jig is up and the longer he puts off admitting it was a hoax the worse it is for him. If it goes to trial it gets worse: Wasting money on a police investigation and then wasting money on a trial. Doesn't look like he is getting good counsel.

by Anonymousreply 585February 22, 2019 9:01 PM

It's okay, r582. R579 is barren.

by Anonymousreply 586February 22, 2019 9:03 PM

The imbeciles supporting the despicable Jussie should really just march directly into that waiting grease fire, what fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 587February 22, 2019 9:08 PM

He'll be star soprano soloist in the prison choir.

by Anonymousreply 588February 22, 2019 9:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 22, 2019 9:09 PM

[quote]It's okay, [R582]. [R579] is barren.

579 could not be happier to be child=free and sincerely hopes you are, too, if you are really so dumb that you think calling a defendant by his full, legal name in court will somehow expose him as a "fake liar."

Tell me, is every actor who uses a nickname such as Charlie, Bob, Eddie, or Joey in danger of exposure as a fraud if he ever has to go to court and be addressed by his full name?

by Anonymousreply 590February 22, 2019 9:15 PM

R589 Jesus, he obviously loved acting like a diva. I'd expect a slew of horror stories about his behaviour on set before this to start flooding out from the cast and crew of Empire. The producers of that Broadway show he was doing a read for lucked out.

by Anonymousreply 591February 22, 2019 9:18 PM

R591 what Broadway show?

by Anonymousreply 592February 22, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote]I'd expect a slew of horror stories about his behaviour on set before this to start flooding out

Cussie is innocent!

by Anonymousreply 593February 22, 2019 9:20 PM

I was objecting your use of the r word, r590/579.

by Anonymousreply 594February 22, 2019 9:23 PM

R592 Take Me Out. The reading was the day before, and it was his flight from New York which was delayed, which pushed the whole "attack" back.

by Anonymousreply 595February 22, 2019 9:25 PM

R506 “Fake Noose” was coined at the very end of the first Jussie thread by R.605

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596February 22, 2019 9:28 PM

R445 There is no Muslim invasion, just as there is no invasion on our border with Mexico. What needs to be contained is the paranoid, racist delusions of people such as yourself. America is not being invaded, it's imploding on itself in the vacuum of willful ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 597February 22, 2019 9:31 PM

Part 13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 22, 2019 9:33 PM

This is going to get even more messie before it's all over.

by Anonymousreply 599February 22, 2019 9:33 PM

he really mussed up bad.

by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2019 9:35 PM

It's absolute insanity this case!!!! The CPD worked on this for weeks and are certain what happened!! Even within our own group we are fighting about this! And somehow, regardless of what he has done, it becomes about supporting him, and race-- they are two different things!!!! He committed a fucking crime!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 601February 22, 2019 9:36 PM

Iyanla is hardly anyone to be calling someone else a liar.....right, Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 602February 22, 2019 9:43 PM

Iyanla is hardly anyone to be calling someone else a liar.....right, Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 603February 22, 2019 9:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!