Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Matt Bomer Thread

Looking young in Papi Chulo photos at Toronto Film Fest..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 16, 2018 10:42 PM

Simon at TIFF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2018 3:36 PM

Mr Peabody has turned into his father, Dr Peabody

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2018 3:38 PM

In new film Jonathan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2018 3:39 PM

What happened to the pictures of Simon at TIFF? They disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2018 3:41 PM

Matt has 2 films at TIFF - Papi Chulo and Vulture Club.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2018 4:01 PM

This should have been Matt Bomer Simon Halls Part 7, Matt is never discussed independently of Simon on DL

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2018 4:45 PM

They will be once they are divorced

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2018 4:46 PM

R6 Note That R1 is about Simon. Numbered thread titles are boring. Here is a link to Part 6 though for those who want to catch up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2018 5:55 PM

R8, no.

Numbered titles help people understand the series of threads that came before.

This really should have been the Matt / Simon Thread Number 7.

and R6 Matt always had his very own thread. At some point last year someone decided to make it a Matt and Simon thread.

This is technically way beyond Thread No 7.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2018 6:54 PM

Matt posted an IG story of him in Monofuku. Simon was quoted in the Hollywood Reporter a few days ago as saying this was his go-to spot whenever he's in Toronto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2018 8:12 PM

Adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2018 8:47 PM

He was in an insta story saying to a fan that yes, he'd see Stefani/Lady Gaga tomorrow.

I guess he and Simon are sticking around more than a day or two. Maybe Simon is working too.

I wonder when they'll post the IMDb interview for the movie since they've posted the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2018 9:41 PM

Wow, that was fast. It was posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Simon's probably going to work this evening for Annette Bening's film premiere so doubt he'll be there for the Papi Chulo special presentation. Does Viper Club premiere this evening also?

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2018 10:03 PM

Matt is nice guy but too boring to be a movie star which he never will be.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2018 10:07 PM

He is a movie star R15. He's done better than nearly every other working openly gay actor in showbiz.

If you mean an A-List movie star? I'm not sure that concept exists anymore as it did in the past.

It's also why you have stars like Reese Witherspoon, Henry Cavill and Nicole Kidman doing TV and streaming shows again. Take away Chris Evans' Marvel films and he doesn't even have much going on. That same thing applies to all of them from Marvel, really. Halle, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks and others don't really bring in the bucks anymore or try to.

I also found it amusing in the R13 interview that they left out the fact that his weatherman character is gay and that is what starts the whole film rolling.

[quote]Does Viper Club premiere this evening also?

It seems like the Viper Club's press screening is on Monday R14 and the public screenings start the day after. Must be less pressure since the film already has a distributer. The film comes out on October 26 on Youtube Red.

R3, he's also only in one scene of the film, "Jonathan" he did years ago according to a review of the film. CMU people were involved so he lent his name to it.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2018 10:28 PM

R16 I wouldn't go as far to call him a "movie star". He's a successful TV ( and now theatre) actor and has done very well for an openly gay actor in Hollywood but he hasn't been in a studio movie since 2016.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2018 10:51 PM

Duckling is working actor, and at 40 very likely has little expectation of starring regularly in features.

Magic Mike is it for him.

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2018 11:05 PM

This is a rabbit hole I don't think we need to go down R17.

Delineating what qualifies a person as a movie star can be a very complex question. Even defining what a movie star is, is not clear cut

He's not A-List. He may never be. He's been in more movies than the thousands of hopefuls out there and he has carried a couple of them even if they weren't super successful.

If you've been in a successful movie or two then you're a movie star no matter when it happened. However, no one stays that way.

You're applying the same logic up there with your comment saying that he's a "successful tv (and now theatre) actor."

He's only been the lead ONE tv show that was successful, "White Collar" and was only in ONE successful play which he wasn't the lead in and didn't carry on his own.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2018 11:06 PM

Duckling will best be remberedas a pretty face and big butt among an ensemble. Barring any sort of drastic reinvention which is certainly possible if unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2018 11:08 PM

Well I wouldn't qualify him as a movie star, more so a TV star. He's done well for himself in his career but being out probably cost him overall. But its a decent career anyway-its could have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2018 11:28 PM

And he has managed to have a very respectable career without sacrificing a happy home life. Quite an achievement!

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2018 1:47 AM

First thoughts on the film. Some fans in Twitter said it was very good/funny/emotional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2018 5:05 AM

Variety's review is very positive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2018 8:11 AM

He’s a good actor. Talented and hard worker. I’d like to see this film. Has it found a distributor?

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2018 8:17 AM

Decent review. Good praise for Matt's performance. I'm sure it will find a distributor soon. All of John Butler's previous films got picked up so this likely to do so too. Hopefully it gets at least a limited release in the States. Butler's last film got added to Netflix after it's release.

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2018 8:30 AM

[quote]Does Viper Club premiere this evening also?

R14, 'Viper Club' premieres for critics on Monday.

The public premiere is on Tuesday.

This is the film that Matt is appearing in with DL fave Julian Morris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2018 8:55 AM

Duckling has an oddness that the director of Papi Chulo was able to pick up on. Others (Ryan Murphy, Soderberg) see him as just a pretty face and ass.

Anyway good for Duckling.

by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2018 8:59 AM

[quote]I guess he and Simon are sticking around more than a day or two.

R12, I assume Matt will stay until 'Viper Club' gets its premiere on Monday.

Matt will probably attend the press screening with Julian & Susan.

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2018 9:02 AM

I like how he looks - he looks a bit more his age but still beautiful, I prefer him this way rather than made up and looking like a doll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2018 9:42 AM

Yes he has been looking better and more humanlike since his thing with Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2018 10:17 AM

Mr. Bland

by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2018 10:17 AM

anyone who saw matt in the normal heart, cant say he aint a gr8 actor.

shit man, he is spellbinding in ev thing he does, he has THAT THING....

he makes all my chakras vibrate and tingle and …. be happy

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2018 10:48 AM

Simon was at the screening. He was seen by fans walking in with Matt's publicist.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Viper Club IMDb page has Simon listed under special thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2018 11:21 AM

Simon must be doing some of the PR for Viper Club so.

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2018 11:32 AM

'Viper Club' will be coming to Los Angeles in a few weeks.

Those of you bitches in the LA area should think of getting tickets.

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2018 11:43 AM

Isn’t it just going to end up on YouTube like a week later?

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Perhaps, R38.

But this way you get the opportunity of maybe attending a Q&A, or meeting Matt.

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Not a lot of fan pics of Matt from yesterday. Saw a few people on Twitter say that there wasn't much opportunity to meet him there. I suppose because it wasn't a bigger premiere it was more just like a run of the mill small festival screening. Could be the same way for London too.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2018 12:39 PM

The guy at R23 was right. It's weird a couple of Bomer fans took issue with him saying, "unexpectedly." Matt doesn't normally get to play these kinds of roles. Hopefully, until the right project comes along, he'll keep doing smaller ones where they let him do things that Ryan Murphy and others won't so he can finally showcase his talent. He won't get paid as much but it's nice to see occasionally.

If he wants to be seen as more than a pretty face then he should act in roles where the expectation isn't that.

R27, that's what R16 said.

R31, Duckling troll making up shit again.

R39, There are Matt fans that haven't met Matt after this past summer? LOL

R30, I didn't want to say it but he really does look his age at TIFF.

I think it's because he's still dieting to have abs and should probably put on a bit more weight. He's still handsome but as you age you have to choose. There's a difference between last year when he was taking time off and now. His face is more angular now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2018 12:48 PM

R40 I've attended London Festival before and it's a bit more low key comparing to TIFF but after Q&A people are hushed out to prepare the cinema for the next screening, however a lot of filmakers and actors stay around and it's possible to meet theem around festival premises (obviously it doesn't apply to really big stars). On this occasion the movie will be the last one screened in that cinema so maybe they'll stay a bit longer there.

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2018 12:57 PM

R42 his diehard European fanbase seem to be all going to that London festival so you'd hope for their sanity they get a better chance of meeting him than those who were at TIFF.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2018 1:01 PM

R43 maybe for his sanity it's best they don't? ;) Anyways I just hope they don't hijack the Q&A - it's been my favourite part of the festival, the audience are usually hard core movie fans so questions are usually great.

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2018 2:38 PM

He’s gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2018 3:39 PM

Close up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Papi Chili is so insulting. Why couldn't they find a hot papi to play the construction worker? Ughh Skipping this one.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2018 3:44 PM

I'm in London and have tickets for one of the Papi Chulo showings, but there's nothing in the programme about a Q&A at any of the three showings. Which one is supposed to have it, and where did you see the info? Or is that there will be one just an assumption?

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2018 4:27 PM

R48 usually the first showing of the film has a Q+A with directors/actors at festivals. Depends on circumstances really but I'd assume it would be the first time it screens.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2018 4:38 PM

R48 it is never officially mentioned - last 3 years almost all movies I saw (each year 5-10) were followed by Q&A, especially if they were premiering in Europe. If the director & the main star are travelling for the first screening then for sure the screening will be followed by a Q&A. Last year they lasted around 30-40 minutes (Luca Guadagnino's and the guy who directed 120 bpm were particularly good). Depending on the availability the director or actors might come to more than one screening - this happened with Moonlight (whole cast + director) and CMBYN (Luca + his partner who is editor of all his movies). Anyway see you there and if you have a chance ho and see some other movies as well, the selection is usually very good.

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2018 4:48 PM

*go not ho

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2018 4:50 PM

Matt’s character is the Papi Chulo / Pimp Daddy R47 since he is paying for everything.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2018 4:50 PM

Viper Club will be screened at the LA Film Festival on September 22.

It will be at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Beverly Hills.

Q&A with cast and crew will immediately follow this screening, schedules permitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2018 12:23 AM

Wonder will Simon still around for Viper Club premiere tomorrow or if he has gone home. Tweet for entertainment journalist said Matt was at the A Star Is Born premiere

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]Matt’s character is the Papi Chulo / Pimp Daddy [R47] since he is paying for everything.

Ugh, a lost opportunity of pairing Matt with a hot Latino. Where the fuck is Diego Luna when you need him to play a construction worker?

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2018 3:22 AM

R54, the director of 'Viper Club' implied on Twitter that Matt, Julian & Susan would be with her at the premiere.

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2018 4:33 AM

Simon at the Papi Chulo screening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Maybe Simon will have stuck around for the Viper Club premiere too. Looks like some of Simon's family went to the screening of Papi Chulo yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2018 4:51 AM

R58 How do you know Simon's family was there?

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2018 4:54 AM

R59 his niece and brother in law commented on Matt's IG post earlier. Remembered their names from Simon's mothers obituary someone posted in an earlier thread

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2018 5:31 AM

Matt in a box

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2018 9:21 AM

[quote]Wonder will Simon still around for Viper Club premiere tomorrow or if he has gone home. Tweet for entertainment journalist said Matt was at the A Star Is Born premiere

He said he was going to see her the day before to a fan who asked if he would see Lady Gaga. I assume they met up at some point when she arrived in town privately. It's funny that Matt's fans are the only ones that seem to recognize his husband.

There's also no reason to assume Simon would go home a day early when Matt has one more film showing since he has been around the entire time but hiding while working himself. I bet Simon is the one taking the instagram photos and videos he posts.

John Butler posted a link to the Papi Chulo Q&A in case anyone missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2018 12:20 PM

Is there anyone at the festival for Matt to cheat with?

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2018 12:41 PM

R61 Thanks for the picture. Whatever Matt is doing, it really is working for him. He looks relaxed, youthful, gorgeous and sexy AF. I like the more casual look on him, especially his hair not being so aggressively styled. Good God!

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2018 2:53 PM

Matt posted the trailer for Vulture Club. It looks like a great movie.

Once again he gets to do stuff that he doesn't normally do by working with different people than he usually does that actually let him. Hopefully he'll continue the trend.

Unfortunately a lot of people were very angry at Susan, and continue to be angry at Susan, for her politics over the past few years. At least the movie will def be released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2018 4:53 PM

Matt said he wore a prosthetic nose, to give him a more beaten up look in Viper Club. I couldn’t really tell from this trailer. However, you would have to work pretty hard to diminish that level of handsomeness.

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2018 5:41 PM

Simon also gets a special thanks for Papi Chulo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2018 8:01 PM

Sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2018 8:27 PM

Matt and Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2018 8:40 PM

Mmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2018 10:49 PM

The director of 'Viper Club', Maryam Keshavarz, said on Twitter that Julian & Matt are with her in Toronto for the premiere today.

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2018 11:16 PM

I'm not sure what he did different tonight but he looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 72September 11, 2018 1:44 AM

Eyebrows, and messier hair style.

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2018 2:07 AM

She’s caked in makeup

Is Mr Peabody still in town? Is Bomer free to cheat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2018 2:11 AM

Ah, yes. His hair is styled better and it looks like he got a spray tan.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2018 2:11 AM

Can't Duckling's husband bribes someone from Marvel to cast Bomer as the Devil's Anus?

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2018 2:40 AM

Quite impressive he has not one but two movies at TIFF. Way better thn some “straight” actors hiding their sexuality to “make it”.

by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2018 2:42 AM

You know what he did hide?

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2018 2:46 AM

After Kurt Russel as egomaniac planet, why can't Matt Bomer as the fiery anus? And oh oh look, Mark Ruffalo's hulking dick is there too, ah perfect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2018 2:54 AM

Will Anus be in the upcoming movie "Captain Marvel"? Imagine post cast announcement, sharing this GIF excited Marvel fans be "Hulk/Dr.Banner with Devil's Anus, y'all!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2018 3:14 AM

Duckling's Anus in Fagnarok

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2018 5:13 AM

R77 Those movies take him to nowhere, but the Devil's Anus fucked by Hulk's penis (Bomer-Ruffalo lovin' for a 2nd time) can make him a household name overnight!

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2018 6:27 AM

R79 LOL at Ruffalo's "Wait wait wait whose anus?!"

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2018 6:47 AM

Not only by Hulk but by Loki as well. Duckling will get a threesome scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2018 7:04 AM

I actually prefer his more scruffy look when he's not so made up and his lines show - looks more natural and interesting to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2018 9:21 AM

He loves Canadians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2018 10:37 AM

Another very positive review of Papi Chulo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2018 10:54 AM

He's starting to look like one of those cheesy actors in Lifetime movies. Quick Simon, do something!

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2018 11:42 AM

Being with Simon is responsible for turning him into Melania-like mannequin person. When he was away from him in New York doing the play, he began to look like human being.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2018 12:25 PM

R89 Maybe it was just being away from LA

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2018 12:56 PM

Ever since he turned 40/or towards the end of 2017, he's appeared to have been a lot more relaxed and more himself. Think he gives less of a shit now than before. Although, even looking at old bloopers from White Collar he's always been kinda goofy/joker, he probably is just more confident in being himself during interviews/appearances.

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2018 1:16 PM

Liked Matt's simple choice of clothes for Papi Chulo, sometimes his choices are to high fashion and the clothes are distracting.

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2018 1:16 PM

Did coming out hurt his career? Would he be a bigger star if he hadn't? What does Matt say about it?

by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2018 1:21 PM

Just click the FF button on the troll that keeps talking to itself. It doesn't like that Matt is getting praise so it is going off.

I'd say, one of the only reasons he "appeared" to let his guard down and stopped being so made up is because the public saw him almost every day for months. There wasn't a team styling him. He wore his own clothes, put on light makeup when he was out and traveled around like a normal person most days. He appeared to be more loose and open but really he was just any person doing a "9-5" job.

I also think it's like R91 said, he gives less of a shit. He seems very relaxed in R86's interview. However, he also made it clear last year he was going to give less of a shit about role choices and I think that's trickled back to making him more relaxed. He's a gay man, playing a gay person, in a movie marketed to gay people and straight people with a gay director who wants him to act - not run around naked in a blood orgy with Gaga. He's also getting praise for it.

[quote]“I will say that in the past couple of months I’ve really realized that it’s OK to not say yes to everything,” he continues. “It’s OK to take your time as an artist and pull in the purse strings and wait for something that really hits you with a thump in the heart. I spent a lot of time after that trying to do favors to friends and trying to do what I thought I should or what people told me I should. I think the artist’s path, especially in this day and age, it’s so easy to stray from your intuition.” He laughs again. “So hopefully now I’ll have the luxury of doing that. Then again, you may see me on Law & Order: SVU next year, I don’t know.”

It seems like he kept his word with Papi Chulo which features primarily himself in a role that isn't trying to be a huge blockbuster. We get to see new sides of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2018 1:33 PM

Matt also mentioned that he had grown both professionally and personally from working with John Butler. Maybe he gave him some advice. Of course, John said he learned from working with Matt, too.

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2018 1:40 PM

It was his choice, his and Simon's decision. Live with it. Plus he has that hilarious super cheesy looks that's hard to take seriously.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2018 1:42 PM

[quote]Did coming out hurt his career? Would he be a bigger star if he hadn't?

No, he would still be duckling. One cannot become star if one is duckling.

[quote]What does Matt say about it?

quack quack quack

by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2018 1:48 PM

Matt Bomer is the ONLY actor on DL whose threads are created by a (couple of) mystery supporters. Shouldn't hurt to have some sincere opinions chiming in.

by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2018 1:51 PM

Did Julian Morris make it to the TIFF Q&A or any of the interviews? I don't see him in the photos.

I noticed he commented on Matt's instagram but it doesn't look like Matt follows him back.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2018 2:24 PM

The only way now for Bomer to be in the same league with the straight, closeted and bisexual actors is to take the Devil's Anus role. It's specially written for him. Supported by Mark Ruffalo & his Hulk dick and the way Tommy says "through the Anus" in such sexy, inviting voice / manner...HOLEY COW!

by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2018 2:33 PM

Viper Club looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2018 2:47 PM

Unenthusiastic review of Viper Club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2018 8:50 PM

This is funny - recently you can almost guess the quality of his projects from how engaged he seems - first directing gig, Papi Chulo & Boys in the Band seems all turn fine whilst this one seems just meh and he might have mentioned it just 1 or 2.

by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2018 9:03 PM

*once or twice only not 1 or 2 ;)

by Anonymousreply 104September 11, 2018 9:04 PM

R98, I think he's exceptionally beautiful and I mean that sincerely. He's very likable too.

by Anonymousreply 105September 11, 2018 9:07 PM

That review is not enthusiastic, but not really bad either. I’ll watch it. Doesn’t say anything about Matt’s performance.

by Anonymousreply 106September 11, 2018 9:07 PM

R103 Well one of his CMU friends produced it so probably was a friend helping out another friend type of gig. It's not the worst review-basically just appears that the movie is on the "meh " but does have a shocking ending.

by Anonymousreply 107September 11, 2018 9:09 PM

HOnestly pretty much what I expected from the trailer. it's a Susan Sarandon film. Doubt anyone else is meant to shine. Still will be good to see him in a different role. Looks like he's on the screen fair amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 108September 11, 2018 9:11 PM

Does any other actor have a duckling troll?

by Anonymousreply 109September 11, 2018 9:13 PM

No sign of Simon at the Viper Club screening, most likely went home to the kids.

by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2018 9:15 PM

Is Simon going to London?

by Anonymousreply 111September 11, 2018 9:16 PM

R111 I think he will. The screening is October 12, Matt's Birthday is the day before, so my guess is that they may celebrate Matt's Birthday in London.

by Anonymousreply 112September 11, 2018 9:22 PM

R111 how would anyone know if Simon is going to London? Ha, its not like they share their schedule with everyone. Looks like Simon did go home. John Butler was also at the Viper Club premiere with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote]Did Julian Morris make it to the TIFF Q&A or any of the interviews? I don't see him in the photos.

Yes. There's a video of Julian being interviewed at TIFF with Matt behind him. I'll post the link below.

[quote]I noticed he commented on Matt's instagram but it doesn't look like Matt follows him back.

Matt follows Julian on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2018 10:30 PM

[quote]This is funny - recently you can almost guess the quality of his projects from how engaged he seems - first directing gig, Papi Chulo & Boys in the Band seems all turn fine whilst this one seems just meh and he might have mentioned it just 1 or 2.

True, it was totally clear he didn't care for The Last Tycoon after the initial promotion and once his character died on AHS: Hotel he stopped tweeting about it LOL

I wonder how much of Vulture Club he's actually in since it seems like Susan's character spends a lot of time trying to find someone to help her and then finds him.

[quote]No sign of Simon at the Viper Club screening, most likely went home to the kids.

I suspect he was around this morning. I mean he was working too so he may have just been tired. He doesn't have to go everywhere he goes.

Saw this on Instagram.

LOL at "It's Magnificent 7 but I love you anyway."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 11, 2018 10:36 PM

Julian, Matt & company at TIFF:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 12, 2018 12:12 AM

R114, I see. Julian must have missed press yesterday but arrived today for public premiere. I think yesterday was just press.

You can see who follows who by clicking on the following list and typing in the name. Matt comes up on Julian's but Julian doesn't come up on Matt's. None of that matters anyway.

I wonder if Matt will be heading back home now.

He has the AIDS Walk in Wisconson on the 6th of October.

His birthday is on the 11th of October.

He has the London screening on the 12th of October.

He and Simon will be at the Glsen honors on the 21st of October.

He'll be quite the busy bee. I wonder when he'll find time to direct.

by Anonymousreply 117September 12, 2018 12:56 AM

Another gorgeous pic of Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 12, 2018 2:57 AM

R118 WOW!

by Anonymousreply 119September 12, 2018 3:29 AM

R117 Matt and Simon are honorary chairs at Gslen so they will always be mentioned at event listings but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be there. Simon was interviewed at it last year and said it was unfortunate his husband wasn't there as he was busy directing

by Anonymousreply 120September 12, 2018 5:29 AM

R120, Right. Honorary Chairs don't have to show up at events. However, it's a gray area.

So it sounds like if he wasn't working he would have been there last year. He had a legitimate excuse.

If he missed it this year and didn't have something else scheduled that he was obligated to do that would be two years in a row which isn't good. Donors do expect to see their chairs.

He doesn't even have to go to the AIDS Walk if he doesn't have time or want to. He's just an honorary chair.

The only stuff he has to do is stuff he's contractually obligated to do which is usually film promotion and actually being on set and acting. Everything else is always his prerogative.

by Anonymousreply 121September 12, 2018 6:28 AM

Is he still bottoming for Simon?

by Anonymousreply 122September 12, 2018 9:50 AM

[quote]Does any other actor have a duckling troll?

Other actors don't have this privilege.

by Anonymousreply 123September 12, 2018 9:56 AM

Is he still actively bottoming for Simon?

by Anonymousreply 124September 12, 2018 10:35 AM

No. They now decided to switch roles.

by Anonymousreply 125September 12, 2018 11:39 AM

So Simon, you are the shitty bottom now? LOL

by Anonymousreply 126September 12, 2018 11:49 AM

From The Hollywood Reporter review:

But it’s the synergistic performances of Matt Bomer, playing raw and broken, and Alejandro Patino, conveying decency and nonjudgmental compassion behind his deadpan raised eyebrows, that makes the movie click.

The strongest selling point will be Bomer’s heart-on-his-sleeve characterization as a genuinely sweet guy dealt a cruel blow by life, playing down his good looks with a nervous clumsiness that often veers amusingly close to slapstick. Whether that’s enough to get theatrical mileage is a big maybe, but there will definitely be an appreciative audience for this warm-hearted tale of emotional healing through an unlikely friendship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 12, 2018 6:34 PM

R127 You beat me to this. Matt is generally getting really good reviews and screenings for Papi Chulo are selling out.

by Anonymousreply 128September 12, 2018 6:44 PM

Duckling would make a good Annie Hall is they remade Annie Hall as a gay movie. Andrew Rannells can play the other role.

by Anonymousreply 129September 12, 2018 6:45 PM

General consensus so far is that Matt is really good in this part. Positive comments all around on his performance. Hope it does do well (as well as small indie films can do anyway!)

by Anonymousreply 130September 12, 2018 6:59 PM

Oh, no.

Susan made some boneheaded comments again on politics and people on Twitter are including Matt in their attacks because he worked with her, sat next to her and "smiled" while she made them.

Debra Messing is also fighting with Susan referencing that clip that Matt is in.

I wish someone had of told him how much people hate Susan after the election.

by Anonymousreply 131September 12, 2018 8:23 PM

People meaning 5 accounts with 3 followers?

by Anonymousreply 132September 12, 2018 8:44 PM

The only tweets I'm seeing about Matt is that he should be Superman now that Henry Cavil is out.

by Anonymousreply 133September 12, 2018 8:45 PM

R131 Susan is a mess. Awkward position for everyone promoting the movie with her. They can't really do or say anything as they know it will probably overshadow the movie. Matt's a grown man-I'd be shocked if he didn't already know how problematic Susan is. He's just be diplomatic and his typical "avoid saying anything even slightly off brand/shady".

by Anonymousreply 134September 12, 2018 8:47 PM

Remember when Duckling declared war on the transes?

That was fun!

by Anonymousreply 135September 12, 2018 8:51 PM

R133 I really hope he doesnt get involved in any DC/Marvel stuff although I can see how he can be a a virtue signaling opportunity for them. I want to see him hapoy and relaxed as he was when he was promoting Walking Out, Papi or BITB not tighten up and advisesmd not to talk too much about his family and take his femalw friend instead of husband to promo party.

by Anonymousreply 136September 12, 2018 9:00 PM

Photos with no make up and no retouching - he is bloody beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 12, 2018 9:10 PM

R136, I think any actor should be aiming to be in a Marvel film. It's basically a guarantee that you'll have endless work coming your way for the next few years that won't take up much of your time because it's unlikely you'll ever have to carry a film alone. The actress from The Walking Dead can leave any time she wants now and just live off of her Marvel films but she still has time to do the TV show, produce plays, movies etc.

R137, I love his more natural look. He is going to be a very handsome man as he ages. I don't like it when he cakes on makeup. He is wearing light makeup there which is what he looks best in. No actor would go out without at least some kind of powder so his face doesn't shine/reflect. You learn early on that even if they don't have someone doing your makeup you need to be able to do it yourself. When he looks like that I feel like I could approach him and not be dumbstruck.

R132, You don't actually know how to search Twitter then.

by Anonymousreply 138September 12, 2018 9:18 PM

Too old to play Superman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 12, 2018 11:58 PM

Too ducklingish.

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2018 12:04 AM

Now a woman is claiming Viper Club used her story without permission

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2018 12:09 AM

Per the photo in r137, he has had fillers

by Anonymousreply 142September 13, 2018 12:10 AM

I tot I taw a Superduck!

by Anonymousreply 143September 13, 2018 1:02 AM

R139 Not too old but yes too good for this role. Nope no fillers R142

by Anonymousreply 144September 13, 2018 1:08 AM

They're gonna get a straight and younger actor for Superman. Not a bottom gay with creepy old publicist husband and kids.

by Anonymousreply 145September 13, 2018 1:25 AM

R145 "They're gonna get a straight and younger actor for Superman" No kidding, genius! How'd you ever guess that? So I take it you don't like his husband and kids? Hmm. Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 146September 13, 2018 3:01 AM

He does have a way of getting into controversial projects.

by Anonymousreply 147September 13, 2018 3:10 AM

Viper Club is so going on the list of projects that no interviewer is allowed to ask about once the promo is over.

R146, mute the troll and their other account and half of the posts in this thread disappear.

by Anonymousreply 148September 13, 2018 3:14 AM

Most of his timeline is all about Superman, then there's 15% giving out about Viper Club/Susan. Yup R148, once he's done the promo for it I'm sure he won't speak about it much, particularly if more people start to drag/critizise Susan and the movie. Does look like it was a favour to his friend as one of his CMU buddies produced it. He should take his own advice and stop doing helping out friends if he wants to avoid controversy, particularly as he never addresses anything remotely problematic.

by Anonymousreply 149September 13, 2018 5:20 AM

Come on most of people do not give a fuck what Sarandon does and with good push from youtube the film will be seen by many, especially since they don't have to make an actual effort to leave home to watch it. Casting Sarandon in Feud did not harm Feud and she snapped Emmy nomination if I remember correctly. She's also attached to new Xavier Dolan's movie and Big Lebowski spin-off - she's doing fine regardless of controversy.

by Anonymousreply 150September 13, 2018 5:57 AM

Not jealous of a photoshop picture but a reality check. False hopes is unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 151September 13, 2018 6:53 AM

He's lucky that Superman news dropped today R149.

To his credit it seems like he did the film right around the time he gave the interview about not doing favors for friends anymore and making things he wanted to make like Papi Chulo, which he seems proud of and he should be.

I always think back on that quote from him since he never says anything that implies anything negative ever. It was unique.

[quote]Come on most of people do not give a fuck what Sarandon does and with good push from youtube the film will be seen by many, especially since they don't have to make an actual effort to leave home to watch it.

Susan's politics/interview and Debra Messing attacking her aside (Which had to be awkward since Matt just worked with her) the biggest problem with this film is going to end up being James Foley's mother's anger.

Youtube offered her first a $10,000 and then a $30,000 dollar donation to her son's charity once they realized how closely the story mirrored her life. (Which is a clear admission of wrong doing on Youtube's part.) She said she'd accept the donation only after she saw the movie. She saw the movie and didn't like what she saw so now she's talking to people.

She wants generous donations from Google, YouTube and the director to the Foley foundation: in other words, $30K isn't enough.

She spoke to Susan and apparently believes her when she said she had no clue how closely it was based on her life (I believe Susan there) but she's going to keep speaking out against it until she's satisfied which means more interviews and more negative press.

[quote]Casting Sarandon in Feud did not harm Feud and she snapped Emmy nomination if I remember correctly. She's also attached to new Xavier Dolan's movie and Big Lebowski spin-off - she's doing fine regardless of controversy.

Feud was also Jessica Lange's project and Ryan Murphy's. It wasn't just her project. Xaiver Dolan's movie isn't expected to be a blockbuster and "Going Places" like Xaiver's movie isn't carried by her. No one is saying she's a bad actress but no film wants bad press.

by Anonymousreply 152September 13, 2018 6:53 AM

DUCKLING: (after TransBomer scandal) This is the last time I do a film as a favor to a friend!

DUCKLING FRIEND: I need a favor, make this film with Susan Sarandon.

DUCKLING: Here I come!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 13, 2018 8:48 AM

He seems still can't get over Superman. Time to ask Simon to make friend with someone at DC.

by Anonymousreply 154September 13, 2018 9:22 AM

I can’t stand Sarandon but I still want to see this movie. People who have movies made about their stories rarely like them, but they still should give more money to her foundation.

by Anonymousreply 155September 13, 2018 9:31 AM

For the duckling troll... enjoy !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 13, 2018 9:34 AM

Who me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 13, 2018 9:45 AM

False hopes after false hope after another one...poor Matty.

by Anonymousreply 158September 13, 2018 9:46 AM

You know when they were filming, I remember Sarandon posting about it and saying it was a “secret project”... at the time I thought they were filming surprise cameos for Pose. Now that there is this issue with the Foley family, something tells me they tried to keep the production quiet because they knew they were making this movie by ripping off the mother’s story without permission.

by Anonymousreply 159September 13, 2018 9:54 AM

Are you kidding? He’s living a wonderful life, busy & successful professionally and fulfilled personally. I’d love to be him.

by Anonymousreply 160September 13, 2018 9:54 AM

Fulfilled indeed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 13, 2018 1:46 PM

Told ya that this time Clark Kent wants do it in his own way, without creepy old husband & kids.

by Anonymousreply 162September 13, 2018 1:56 PM

Amazingly Not one mentioned Simon and kids in comments below...what kind of LGBTQ supporters are they?

by Anonymousreply 163September 13, 2018 2:15 PM

Wow the Superman buzz for him is strong. People at my work are talking about it

by Anonymousreply 164September 13, 2018 2:36 PM

Well, not on DL. “Too old.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 13, 2018 3:18 PM

Isn't Ben Affleck even older (and looking his age) and playing Batman?

by Anonymousreply 166September 13, 2018 4:27 PM

Affleck is straight and more famous.

by Anonymousreply 167September 13, 2018 4:30 PM

I love Matt, I really do. I really want him to have his moment as Superman. He looks younger and better than most of the other guys that have played him. He'd be perfect.

The reality is, he really is too old. He'd be the oldest person to *start* a Superman franchise. He'd be contracted for 3 movies (which is normal) and end up being in his late 40s by the time he finished.

RDJ was 42 or 43 when he started playing Iron Man but that character wears a CGI suit. Michael Keaton was 38 when he started playing Batman (and he quit) and Daniel Craig was around the same age when he started playing Bond (but that character is usually older).

Ben Affleck is 46 and was around 44 when he started playing Batman but he has already quit the franchise. Otherwise they always go younger because they plan for multiple films to lock the actor down.

by Anonymousreply 168September 13, 2018 4:37 PM

All of them is straight

by Anonymousreply 169September 13, 2018 4:39 PM

Why so silent about him making out with Rannells in live show? He has his kids watching.

by Anonymousreply 170September 13, 2018 4:45 PM

He wasn’t making out. They had one quick scripted kiss.

by Anonymousreply 171September 13, 2018 5:01 PM

Don't feed the TROLL R171! Mute it like everyone else has. It is going crazy because no one is talking shit on Matt.

by Anonymousreply 172September 13, 2018 5:07 PM

According to IMDbPo, Simon is Rannells' publicist

by Anonymousreply 173September 13, 2018 7:01 PM

Either IMDBPro is wrong, or Simon has really shitty judgment! His clients are either #MeToo villains, or sleeping with his husband!

by Anonymousreply 174September 13, 2018 7:19 PM

The clip above CLEARLY shows Rannells went for the kiss. Bomer obliged but barely. His lips are tight shut. He wasn't about to embarrass Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 175September 13, 2018 8:29 PM

Bomer was rubbing Rannell's wrists really, really intensely and Rannells was reciprocating by rubbing the top of Bomer's thighs.

Face it, both their ankles went way above their ears that night.

by Anonymousreply 176September 13, 2018 8:44 PM

R176 That's what they do in a scene in the play. Not saying you're totally wrong. None of us knows but to me they were role playing their play characters. Andrew even said to one fan at the stage door that the kiss was "silly" laughing. Of course the awesome thing is this doesn't have to stop your fantasies ;)

by Anonymousreply 177September 13, 2018 8:55 PM

Poor r177. You'll never accept the Matt cheated with Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 178September 13, 2018 9:00 PM

Poor R178. You will never know.

by Anonymousreply 179September 13, 2018 9:02 PM

Gosh R178. You're stupid. Desperation and stupidity is health risk. Be careful

by Anonymousreply 180September 13, 2018 9:10 PM

[quote]The clip above CLEARLY shows Rannells went for the kiss. Bomer obliged but barely. His lips are tight shut. He wasn't about to embarrass Rannells.

All of the guys were touchy feeley with each other.

Matt and Andrew were never seen hanging out with each other outside of the show but he was spotted with Jim Parsons, Michael B Washington and Zachary Quinto. Rannells was usually with Parsons. Rannells himself said last year that while he had known Matt for years he is a very private person so he didn't know much about him. Neither even knew what the other did the night before when they did the interview so it's not like they talked all the time even during the show. They're friends but they're clearly showbiz friends.

Michael B and Quinto were the two he mentioned he talked to daily before the show but he didn't see anyone else until they actually did their fight rehearsals.

Matt wouldn't post the pic of the kiss on his instagram. Simon continued to comment on and like Andrew's tweets like nothing was going on. They clearly distanced themselves after that brief kiss was hyped up to be some passionate thing and it just looked bad even if it was a silly joke.

Andrew is generally touchy feeley and was probably into Matt (even if he didn't state it) and Matt eventually realized people were getting the wrong impression and made him back off.

[quote]That's what they do in a scene in the play. Not saying you're totally wrong. None of us knows but to me they were role playing their play characters

Feeding into the duckling troll because you're bored? It just wants people to argue and fight and hate Matt. You should know better. It makes up stuff all the time just to get people to argue.

They sit across from each other and rub each other's knees and wrists. They didn't kiss during the show from what I saw since Andrew's character eventually ends up back with his boyfriend.

Finally Matt has always dated and been into older men. Not just Simon. He dated two other men we know he dated before that who were both much older than him. Andrew is not his type. They're also both bottoms which doesn't make sense at all. The only time I've ever heard him flirt with anyone was when the person was a much older and gay.

by Anonymousreply 181September 13, 2018 9:27 PM

Poor 181. So much evidence and you choose to still believe your fictions!

by Anonymousreply 182September 13, 2018 9:56 PM

R181 believes she is the authority on this thread, and all other MB threads.

by Anonymousreply 183September 13, 2018 9:59 PM

More photos from TIFF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 13, 2018 10:39 PM

Gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 185September 13, 2018 10:55 PM

R183, No I just prefer to deal in a thing called reality, a subject which you seem unable to grasp. Maybe you should go back to Lipstick Alley?

by Anonymousreply 186September 13, 2018 11:22 PM

R186 also believes she knows who posters are, but she is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 187September 13, 2018 11:55 PM

What kind of stupid pervert asked a married person with kids to kiss a young attractive co-star in a live show? This still feels inappropriate and wrong.

by Anonymousreply 188September 14, 2018 1:03 AM

Or was this Simon's idea? If it was that's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 189September 14, 2018 2:51 AM

OMG you people are like women from the 1800s. It was just a little peck. They did not french. They did not undress and fuck each other. AND IT WAS ON TV. I mean, really?

Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 190September 14, 2018 3:26 AM

R181 How can you say whether one is a bottom, a top, vers, whatever with any degree of certainty unless you had sex with them more than once or know someone who did (and would tell the truth)?

by Anonymousreply 191September 14, 2018 4:25 AM

R191, You're a straight woman, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 192September 14, 2018 4:52 AM

R192 Nope. Straight women are usually the ones who think it's easy to tell.

by Anonymousreply 193September 14, 2018 5:18 AM

R193, I think more often than not it is easy to tell for some people who are very observant. Every now and again you get someone who completely deviates from the normal tells you would get but even a broken watch tops twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 194September 14, 2018 5:51 AM

R194 How observant does one need to be to make out the difference between Bob who likes to bottom about 8 times out of 10 and Jack who likes to do it 5 or 7 times out of 10 depending on his mood?

by Anonymousreply 195September 14, 2018 8:55 AM

Matt is vers, according to a past DLer who said he had first hand experience (before Simon).

by Anonymousreply 196September 14, 2018 1:46 PM

What's really fucking hilarious is that most of the people opining on Bomer's sex life haven't fucked anybody with a pulse since they have been posting here.

by Anonymousreply 197September 14, 2018 1:54 PM

No one knows anything for sure and everything is always speculation.

Moving on, a great interview with some new information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 14, 2018 5:04 PM

He moved out of the family home when he was filming the movie. Even though he was going to be away from his family for most of the summer? He defintely won't be winning any Father of the Year awards anyway

by Anonymousreply 199September 14, 2018 5:28 PM

I children's mother AND father.

by Anonymousreply 200September 14, 2018 5:31 PM

"I moved out of my house to film a locally filmed movie" = "I had a trial separation"

by Anonymousreply 201September 14, 2018 5:32 PM

He's an artist R199.

When he needed to lose weight for the Normal Heart he moved out of his house.

When he needed to do a play over summer he moved out of his house.

When he needed to experience loneliness he moved out of his house.

When a strong wind blows he moves out of his house.

He will do anything not to be around those children.

by Anonymousreply 202September 14, 2018 5:38 PM

I still can't believe he moved out of his house when he had to do a skit about the question mark on celebrity week at Sesame Street.

by Anonymousreply 203September 14, 2018 5:44 PM

R202, he has a VERY supportive and understanding husband

by Anonymousreply 204September 14, 2018 5:48 PM

And a great paid nanny, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 205September 14, 2018 5:49 PM

He's basically a part-time parent. I know you can't compare normal parenting to Hollywood parenting but to move out of the family house for a small indie film is a tad OTT. Their nanny must be overworked.

by Anonymousreply 206September 14, 2018 5:51 PM

On Instagram a woman who knows he and Simon asked him in the comments if he was going to be carpooling next week for their kids because Simon needed a break, he responded that she knew he would be.

His next film sounds like it will be a kid's movie or an animated feature. I wonder if he'll move out of the house so he can prepare for it.

by Anonymousreply 207September 14, 2018 5:54 PM

R207 he probably has the moving trucks at the ready! Also telling that he never credits Simon as being a a good support for him when he does fuck off for work. To not credit person who gives him the opportunity to be in spotlight is just pretty sad

by Anonymousreply 208September 14, 2018 6:15 PM

Looks good with the slight added weight.

by Anonymousreply 209September 14, 2018 6:16 PM

R207, Hasn't their relationship always been like that? Didn't he used to spend half the year in NYC doing White Collar and only fly home on weekends?

by Anonymousreply 210September 14, 2018 6:29 PM

R207 if he hadn't of done Boys in The Band it probably wouldn't be a big deal but doing back to back projects away from your kids is a bit shitty, especially as one where he didn't have to separate himself. In saying that, the kids could just be used to him not being around for large chunks of the year. At least they have another dad and a nanny.

by Anonymousreply 211September 14, 2018 6:37 PM

Better to move out temporarily than to be at home and be unavailable or irritable. Most successful people are selfish at some level. Anyway, Simon probably promised him that their relationship would not interfere with his acting.

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2018 6:53 PM

And here we go, the same savants on Bomer’s sex life are now opining on parenting ; when if there was ever a display of abject parental neglect and failure its these trolls. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 213September 14, 2018 7:43 PM

Matt: "I’m doing a job after this that, honestly, is partially for our 13-year-old. It hasn’t been announced yet…"

Wonder what it is?

by Anonymousreply 214September 14, 2018 8:09 PM

He wanted to experience loneliness so he moved out to be solitary. So what? Perhaps it was a week or two? I travel away from my family all the time. I'm still involved and connected. I agree it's a bit of extreme method acting but that's how he rolls so be it. I bet most people criticizing aren't parents otherwise they would know one parent can have an extremely busy career and gone a lot yet be there. I saw the movie and Matt showed loneliness like I've never seen so I guess it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 215September 14, 2018 8:14 PM

I really like Matt, but the compulsive defensiveness on this thread is bizarre. It IS a gossip board. A little speculation and discussion about his life is allowed. Anyway, some people don’t seem to realize when they are being deliberately trolled. Calm down or go elsewhere. I’m sure there are fan sites that publish strictly positive information.

by Anonymousreply 216September 14, 2018 8:26 PM

You can be a fan and still side eye someone's career decisions. No one is untouchable. People are allowed to comment on something he says himself in interviews. It's a bit bonkers to move out of the family home for something like that. The Normal Heart was understandable but that's just a little reaching. Although he said himself that he gets almost unhealthily obsessed with his roles so the family must have made peace with it

by Anonymousreply 217September 14, 2018 8:38 PM

I worry for Stella if he ever gets cast in a revival of Streetcar.

by Anonymousreply 218September 14, 2018 8:40 PM

R216 What's your problem? People can respond any way they want to. Some are critical and others see his POV. It's called, opinions for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 219September 14, 2018 8:43 PM

R215, Or they are parents who couldn't imagine leaving their kids for that long even with a second parent doing all the work, or they're the children of parents where one or both were around only sporadically. There doesn't have to be any one reason for someone to call him out on that. People are just commenting on something he actually said.

Matt interviewed Val Kilmer's son once and Val's son said having two artist/actor parents was difficult when he was younger because they'd do things like that. He also said he understood it when he was older when he started acting. It's an interesting read since Matt had his guard down since the interview wasn't about himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 14, 2018 8:51 PM

Wow R220! That was fascinating. You really do learn a lot about Matt, too. Skateboarding? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 221September 14, 2018 9:37 PM

Come on, people are difficult. Maybe he never realized how hard having three kids will be so he needs a break every now and then. I know I wouldn't be able to have even one kid without going crazy from zero private space.

by Anonymousreply 222September 15, 2018 3:28 AM

R22 4 months living in New York away from his family isn't enough for him ha oh well, he has the opportunity to take a break from his responsibilities every few months-not the worst set up.

by Anonymousreply 223September 15, 2018 6:34 AM

Whatever their sex life may be, Matt & Simon seem to really love each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 15, 2018 10:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 15, 2018 11:34 AM

Yeah, they love their kids, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 15, 2018 11:36 AM

R224 Look at the tiny narrow frame of his and the nature of the photo itself ...he was never considered for Superman, Cavill didn't rob it from him. Stop embarrassing gays with delusion, fake rumor and false hopes.

by Anonymousreply 227September 16, 2018 1:56 PM

“Do you feel like you have an obligation as a gay dad to tell these stories? So your kids understand the history?” Queerty asked Bomer at the Toronto International Film Festival, where Papi Chulo had its world premiere.

“Well I think it’s inherently part of my story, so I try to be part of those stories,” said Bomer, who is raising three children with husband Simon Halls. “But I try to just tell the stories that I really love and respond to, to be honest with you. And this is one of those. And looking at the script – I would have jumped at the chance to play Sean even if he were heterosexual. You know, [being gay is] a small part of who he is and what’s going on in the film. But, yeah, I love telling all kinds of different stories. I hope I get to tell more LGBTQ stories. I hope a chance to do other stories. That’s part of being an actor – hopefully, to play all different kinds of roles. I’m really proud and thankful that I get to be part of these stories, and hopefully get to continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 16, 2018 2:34 PM

New photo from TIFF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 16, 2018 3:27 PM

I hope the directing gig Matt turned down was for AHS and not this. Actually I’d love to see him act in at least an episode of this. Come on, Ryan Murphy, don’t forget him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 16, 2018 4:36 PM

He turned down a directing gig R230?

by Anonymousreply 231September 16, 2018 7:07 PM

R231 yup, he said the directing gig was sandwiched between two other jobs and he didn't have ample time to prepare fully for it so he turned it down. Ever the perfectionist it seems. I'm guessing the Will and Grace episode and the project he said he was doing for Kit were the two roles that caused the conflict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 16, 2018 7:34 PM

I hadn't read that R232, thank you :)

by Anonymousreply 233September 16, 2018 8:40 PM

Really R233? Wasn’t this posted at R198 & R228?

by Anonymousreply 234September 16, 2018 8:55 PM

No it wasn't R234.

Did you actually read what you linked to instead of failing at being a bitch?

They all use the same photo but the interview R232 posted is from a [italic]different[/italic] interviewer at the [italic]same[/italic] junket.

He doesn't talk about directing in the Queerty interview. The other link is just a blurb from that one.

by Anonymousreply 235September 16, 2018 10:18 PM

R229 So many great photos from Toronto and more to come from London.

by Anonymousreply 236September 17, 2018 12:20 AM

Wonder if Simon & Matt are at the Emmys tonight?

by Anonymousreply 237September 17, 2018 11:19 PM

Mr Peabody is working and Matt is probably looking for new places to move out to during his next assignment.

by Anonymousreply 238September 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Versace had a good night!

by Anonymousreply 239September 18, 2018 2:46 AM

He went to at least one Emmy party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 18, 2018 6:50 PM

R240 the guy could have met on his "own" way, not Matt's way lol wonder why he didn't go to the Emmys, especially as it seems that a lot of people involved in the show went. Maybe he's working on something?

by Anonymousreply 241September 18, 2018 9:27 PM

Yes, R241. I had to read that sentence a couple of times in the post. Matt wasn't going to a party but the guy was. I understand R240s confusion.

My friend, who usually goes to those shows, once said that going to one isn't relaxing/fun when you're a celeb. He'd have to go through his usual beauty and spa treatments, do his cleanse for a few days he promoted, hire a stylist and a makeup artist in case he is photographed, find an outfit to wear because they will definitely take photos of that, then spend the night shaking hands and smiling at everyone he ran across even if he wasn't nominated because any one of them he could end up doing business with or be judged by. That's work for him.

He did a play for a few months then had to run off and do TIFF to promote two movies. He -just- got back and has more stuff to run around and do plus another project coming up. I don't blame him for wanting some down time.

by Anonymousreply 242September 18, 2018 10:07 PM

But Simon was there, right?

by Anonymousreply 243September 18, 2018 10:11 PM

Mr Peabody would have been flacking for Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 244September 18, 2018 10:28 PM

He would have been standing out of view of the cameras near Ryan Murphy or one of their other clients since he reps him R243.

If it's like it was a few years ago at his company, Simon is also the person that makes sure all of their clients going make it there and know what to do.

If he is doing his job well you wouldn't have seen him at all.

by Anonymousreply 245September 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Simon hangs in the background at most events and is quite low key. At most, you'll only get snippets of him at the side of a red carpet. Only time you see him is when he's posing for a photo at an event with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 246September 19, 2018 5:31 AM

A nice interview about 'Viper Club'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 19, 2018 11:24 AM

Duckling is shooting in Georgia now.

by Anonymousreply 248September 21, 2018 6:35 PM

Shooting what, I wonder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 21, 2018 9:25 PM

It's somewhat simple.

Look up what's filming in Georgia, all states list that, especially tax credit states

Narrow it down to what he would do partially for his 13 year old.

He's not allowed to tell you until they announce it.

by Anonymousreply 250September 21, 2018 11:44 PM

(I'd also guess it's not going to be a huge part since he booked it last minute judging by the fact that up until a couple of weeks ago he was going to be directing again and dropped out to do this.)

by Anonymousreply 251September 21, 2018 11:46 PM

R250 Why don’t you do that for us?

by Anonymousreply 252September 22, 2018 12:17 AM

Google R252

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 22, 2018 2:55 AM

Hmm, so maybe Stranger Things or Disney’s Jungle Cruise?

by Anonymousreply 254September 22, 2018 2:58 AM

looks like Matt will be returning to do more Will and Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 22, 2018 4:01 AM

You know he wants that tv guest star Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 256September 22, 2018 6:23 AM

So he was meant to direct something starting this week but dropped out because it was sandwiched two closely between two projects. But then he's already on location this week for a project? The logistics of that melt my brain. Unless this is another project he booked quickly after he stopped the directing gig.

by Anonymousreply 257September 22, 2018 7:16 AM

It sounded like he booked the directing gig during the time he was doing TBITB since when he was asked what he was doing next he only mentioned that. People guessed it was a Ryan Murphy project since he trusts him to direct and AHS is still in production.

Then he ended up booking this on camera gig within the past month or so and mentioned it at TIFF.

Since he couldn't prepare to direct and do this acting gig at the same time, he chose the one in front of the camera and dropped out of the directing project before he even started which is best since this will net him more attention as an actor, pay more, will be way less work, and he'll definitely be involved in promotion for it when it comes out.

Between finishing TBITB, doing Will & Grace, doing promo for the two movies he has coming out and the directing gig, the movie he just booked forced him to choose to let go of something and that was the directing. Plus he has another episode of Will & Grace coming up (so he probably won't be working on this for long) and London, Ireland and maybe the AIDS walk in Wisconsin (if he doesn't drop one or so of those).

by Anonymousreply 258September 22, 2018 7:53 AM

R258 looks like he has a busy-ish October! If he had to drop anything in his schedule it would probably be the Aids Walk in Wisconsin. Can't imagine he's drop our of London.

by Anonymousreply 259September 23, 2018 7:48 AM

So does anyone know why he was in Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 260September 24, 2018 12:31 PM

If only someone had bothered to read R248 to R253.

by Anonymousreply 261September 24, 2018 12:52 PM

It will be announced soon anyway so you won't have to guess for too long. It's probably a supporting role whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 262September 24, 2018 5:43 PM

Ah yes r261. Please carry on.

by Anonymousreply 263September 24, 2018 6:07 PM

Rannells is shooting his new Showtime series in LA. I hope Duckling gets back soon so they can resume their affair!

by Anonymousreply 264September 25, 2018 8:32 PM

How do we know he is still in Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 265September 26, 2018 5:48 AM

R265 we don't. No one has posted anything on social media about seeing him in either L.A. or Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 266September 26, 2018 7:26 AM

R265. like R266 said, we don't but he usually doesn't get spotted in LA unless it's one of their calculated, "Just Jared" Matt walking around getting "papped" photoshoots.

Every now and then someone will say they saw him on the street but that doesn't happen in LA as often as it did in NYC because it's LA.

However, he is chair of the AIDS Walk in Wisconsin next Saturday so we'll see if he attends.

by Anonymousreply 267September 26, 2018 8:28 AM

Matt liked this post about their wedding anniversary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 26, 2018 8:06 PM

One has to have no life to make an effort to find out the date of and then to celebrate a wedding anniversary of a celebrity who has never publicly celebrated it himself. This is even more creepy if you consider that most of his crazy frau fans are way over 30. I understand crushing on an actor but this just gives me creeps.

by Anonymousreply 269September 26, 2018 9:52 PM

I hope Duckling chooses a nice date for his wedding with Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 270September 26, 2018 9:55 PM

Rashida Jones just gave birth to a baby a month ago with the guy who is the lead singer in Vampire Weekend. No one knew she was pregnant for the past few MONTHS and no one knew she had a child already until a month after she had it.

I don't think Matt and Simon are that different and that's probably coming from Simon's PR end. They have a clear sense of what is and what isn't everyone's business and are comfortable keeping things to themselves.

It is a bit strange that people are celebrating the anniversary of two people who have made it clear you'd have to pull their teeth to get them to talk about it. Even stranger, R269, I don't think the fans know the date, they just "decided" that it was on that date.

by Anonymousreply 271September 26, 2018 11:47 PM

Yet Matt liked the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 272September 26, 2018 11:52 PM

Yet, he ignored the ones on Twitter about it R272.

As for that account, he knows them. He drove out to meet them in person when a group of them flew to LA.

by Anonymousreply 273September 27, 2018 12:41 AM

R273 he seems to be more active on Instagram than on Twitter and he follows that account so he's more likely to see posts like that. I think that's the only fan account he follows on Instagram?

I did see a good few fans tweeting him about his wedding anniversary over the last week and a bit. As R269 said, very odd since he's only ever said their wedding was in September. Its just them fishing for likes and attention off him. Clearly it's something he doesn't want to share with the public.

by Anonymousreply 274September 27, 2018 5:03 AM

He's is active on Twitter in that he reads it and likes tweets from people he does and doesn't follow. He did a lot especially during the BiTB.

He just doesn't post or respond so he can avoid having to deal with crazies upset he didn't tell him congrats on their wedding or people fishing for likes/responses.

Girlfriend sees everything, she just doesn't want you to know it.

by Anonymousreply 275September 27, 2018 12:14 PM

R275 the less he likes stuff on Twitter, the most eager his fans become. Some of the stuff they tweet at him is downright stupid. Hope he is prepared for the fans when he goes to London

by Anonymousreply 276September 27, 2018 6:02 PM

So he's likely in Atlanta filming, "Doom Patrol" playing "Negative Man" a man who can't show his face for DC Comics' streaming show on their paid service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 27, 2018 10:04 PM

Jesus that’s the best he could get? He really needs to switch agencies.

In related news, Brendan Fraser looks like a thumb.

by Anonymousreply 278September 27, 2018 10:20 PM

It's produced by Greg Berlanti-one of Simon's clients. He did say he was doing it for Kit too. Clearly not a passion project.

by Anonymousreply 279September 28, 2018 4:00 AM

He said partially for Kit, the other half would probably be getting in good with Greg since Greg is a more prolific producer than Ryan Murphy but everyone forgets that. He has more shows on air than Shonda Rhimes and they're all successful.

There's something weird here. An actor named Dwain Murphy is playing "Negative Man" on the DC streaming service's "Titans" series and should be playing him on the spin off Doom Patrol series too unless he had to drop out. The shooting also started before Matt got there.

When I zoomed in on that poster image it said:

Matt Bomer Negative Man (Some Letters) Larry Trainor

I think those two letters are VO after "Negative Man" so it's

Matt Bomer Negative Man VO (Voice Over) Larry Trainor

So he'd be the voice of Larry Trainor/Negative man which would make sense since you never have to see his face. He may do scenes before he becomes "bandaged" but otherwise he'd still have free time to do other projects and with Voice Over he could work from LA but only be in Georgia when you had to see him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 28, 2018 5:20 AM

Having Matt play a character with a bandaged face would have been just as silly/wasteful as when they had James Marsden’s eyes covered by shades when he played Cyclops. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 281September 28, 2018 5:59 AM

R280 getting in good with Berlanti? Matt's husband is both Berlanti and his husband's publicist. I really don't think he needs to work that hard to get within his radar.

by Anonymousreply 282September 28, 2018 6:19 AM

Getting within someone's radar is one thing, R282 but they still haven't worked together until now despite knowing each other for years. Years ago, a big deal was made by Greg's husband that Matt was wearing clothing from his clothing line.

Just because he's Greg's publicist's husband doesn't mean that automatically gets him the gig. Getting in good = he does a good job, the production likes him and they're open to casting him for something else later on and hopefully that will be another adult series or better yet, another movie. Working with Ryan Murphy (another of Simon's clients) on Glee kept him working for years but he still had to do well his first time out.

by Anonymousreply 283September 28, 2018 6:31 AM

If people really think having Simon as a husband didn't make Ryan Murphy look more favourably on Matt for roles than they are quite foolish. Yes, Matty obviously would have to work very hard and impress on each role but still. Would Murphy have hired Billie Lourd if she weren't his agent's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 284September 28, 2018 6:53 AM

R284

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 28, 2018 7:01 AM

R284 probably because Ryan loves to hire celebrity children.

by Anonymousreply 286September 28, 2018 9:31 AM

So when Bomee is coming up with his #metoo story?

by Anonymousreply 287September 28, 2018 1:51 PM

Bomer married his MeToo story.

by Anonymousreply 288September 28, 2018 9:50 PM

Was his head always like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289September 28, 2018 9:51 PM

Hair style + camera angle are not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 290September 29, 2018 12:14 AM

He needs to stop with the high hair.

He also needs to spend more time with his children than he does at health spas in other states and countries.

by Anonymousreply 291September 29, 2018 2:18 AM

R291 the children are probably used to him working a lot and not being home. It's all they've ever known #hollywoodparenting

by Anonymousreply 292September 29, 2018 5:01 AM

Ninõs! I help you with school bake sale, you daddy has to attend kombucha convention in Taos.

by Anonymousreply 293September 29, 2018 5:19 AM

Years ago he said they do qualitative not quantitative parenting so it's about the things they do with the kids when they are together and not the amount of time they spend together. He did go from, "I want to take a year off to spend with the kids" during The Last Tycoon promo to, "Nice spending two weeks with you! See you when I need to shoot another Target ad! Bye!" #Hollywoodparenting

by Anonymousreply 294September 29, 2018 5:48 AM

R294 I don't think he said he wanted to take "a year off"; he said he wanted to take a bit of time to spend with the kids. Think people ran with that and assumed he meant a big break, which obviously did not happen. He's just seemed to have worked a lot this year and been away from home but he doesn't have a normal office job so he has to go where the work is. He hasn't even taken much of a break since BITB finished: filmed an episode of Will and Grace, spent about a week in Toronto for the festival, looks to be still filming on Atlanta, and will be off to London for 'x' amount of days in less than two weeks. If anything, at least he's getting regular bits of work. You can't really compare Hollywood parenting to normal parenting anyway; they have the means to have nannies and support so their careers aren't affected.

by Anonymousreply 295September 29, 2018 6:49 AM

Funny how some of that “normal parenting” includes a parent gone for months at a time working on an oil rig or in the military overseas, for example. “Normal” is quite relative.

by Anonymousreply 296September 29, 2018 7:03 AM

R296 And without all the material advantages.

by Anonymousreply 297September 29, 2018 3:36 PM

R295, no, he said year off and people here at the time complained because they wouldn't be able to see him in other things. Times change.

I'll give him credit because that was when he possibly thought he had a regular tv show like Tycoon to come back to before it got canceled or even aired but like you said, Hollywood parents have different standards.

by Anonymousreply 298September 29, 2018 5:39 PM

R298 it wouldn't have been a year off anyway since he'd already planned to do the play in less than a years' time and had a directing gig already booked before TLT was cancelled. If he did say a he was taking a year off it was just PR spin since it wouldn't had been possible even Amazon hadn't canceled the show.

by Anonymousreply 299September 29, 2018 6:47 PM

What a fucking stupid role!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 300September 30, 2018 2:03 AM

Matt just shared this on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 30, 2018 2:11 AM

Someone took a photo with him at Target apparently wearing the hat that one of his fans (jean jacket lady) gave Simon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 30, 2018 2:36 AM

And the jean jacket lady is so discreet she screamed out on instagram and twitter.

by Anonymousreply 303September 30, 2018 2:42 AM

*it.

by Anonymousreply 304September 30, 2018 2:42 AM

What is this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 30, 2018 3:18 AM

He went to a haunted house with some people from the crew of his new online, paid service, streaming show where you never see his face except in flashbacks, R305

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306September 30, 2018 3:35 AM

Wait. What you talking about. A role where you never see his face? What fresh hell is this. I call BS!

by Anonymousreply 307September 30, 2018 4:19 AM

R307 if you go back in the thread and read the links at R277 and R280 then it will explain it all. I wonder how long he'll be filming in Atlanta. He probably won't go to that Aids Walk in Wisconsin. Who knows about London.

by Anonymousreply 308September 30, 2018 6:40 AM

That is one ugly bouquet

Jeez Mr Peabody maybe go for a bonsai tree next time

by Anonymousreply 309September 30, 2018 7:09 AM

R308 I would be very surprised if he skips London as the film doesn't have a distributor in UK yet and John Butler movie's been financially supported by BFI who is also the festival organiser.

by Anonymousreply 310September 30, 2018 8:15 AM

R308, he might still go to the AIDS Walk. It's only about an 1 hour and half flight. He could be there and back in half a day.

They've put his face on the cover of every piece of promotional material. I think he'd have told them already if he wasn't going to make it or asked for time to do it when he took the role in Atlanta.

I agree with R310 that I doubt he'll miss London. It seems that whatever he's doing in Atlanta, last minute recast or not, they'll either give him the time to do the things he needs to do like another episode of Will & Grace and Papi Chulo promo or he won't be down there for long at all and he'll have the time.

If really is doing some stuff live and some stuff as a voice over (since you don't see him) then that makes sense.

I read someone explain the history of the project. The DC Streaming Service, "Doom Patrol" series is a spin off of the "Titans" series. Originally they shot a back door episode for the "Titans" series with a different actor as the character. Greg Berlanti got full control of the "spin off" series, (which he didn't for Titans) and decided to recast the role Dwain played with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 311September 30, 2018 9:24 AM

His fans are worried that he's going to drop out of both events.

by Anonymousreply 312September 30, 2018 10:48 AM

Don’t people donate a specific amount of money to the cause and one of the perks is meeting him? If he doesn’t come to London whilst people like Jenkins, Cuaron or Guadagnino attend all screenings of their movies then if It will be a sign that the Duckling Troll has been right all the time!

by Anonymousreply 313September 30, 2018 10:55 AM

Did someone say my name?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 30, 2018 11:13 AM

[R301] Is that for their wedding anniversary? How sweet!

by Anonymousreply 315September 30, 2018 11:16 AM

Clearly, Duckling is doing this shitty show which because they need money. It makes sense coming so close after the Target embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 316September 30, 2018 11:16 AM

R315 the note on the bouquet said “Try not to fuck anyone this time.”

by Anonymousreply 317September 30, 2018 11:20 AM

I suppose if he did drop any of the events it would be the Wisconsin event but he could still make that. London does seem like a set thing. His fans would be devastated if he didn't make it to London.

by Anonymousreply 318September 30, 2018 11:33 AM

r278 and r300 - it can't be that bad...Alan Tudyk, Brendan Fraser and Timothy Dalton (yes we know he was the worst Bond) are attached to it.

by Anonymousreply 319September 30, 2018 11:34 AM

Brendan Fraser couldn’t be more washed up if he was a chunk of ambergris.

by Anonymousreply 320September 30, 2018 11:46 AM

R314 “Did someone say my name?” Yeah, you.

by Anonymousreply 321September 30, 2018 7:24 PM

Matt is promoting A Star is Born on Instagram, as his own career appears to be flatlining. Hope he is getting paid for the promotional work....

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2018 1:27 PM

Did he call her "Stefani"? That makes my heart laugh.

by Anonymousreply 323October 3, 2018 1:32 PM

R322, maybe he just really liked the movie? Every gay man is talking about it. Maybe he really likes Gaga? When he promotes stuff in exchange for payment or free things people complain. When he talks about stuff he actually likes people are complaining.

He also has one more TV series than you have so I'd say he's doing well.

Did anyone ever consider that between Papi Chulo, this comic tv series, showing up on Will & Grace and guesting on the You Must Remember This Podcast, he's just doing things he actually wants to do for a while and has said he has wanted to do for a while?

by Anonymousreply 324October 3, 2018 1:41 PM

Duckling's choices are more or less consistent with the options a prettyboy actor has once he hits 40.

I wonder if he'll be able to convince the children that he'll need to leave the house to record voiceover work for Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 325October 3, 2018 2:51 PM

Quack, quack, quack. You will never give Matt any credit or say anything nice about him. We get that. Don’t you want to recycle some old rumors, or is Andrew Rannells the best you can do now?

by Anonymousreply 326October 3, 2018 3:53 PM

r322 what could he do that would satisfy you?

by Anonymousreply 327October 3, 2018 4:33 PM

He has a decent career-a lot of actors wouldn't mind his career. I think The Last Tycoon was a snag in his T.V. career; hopefully it doesn't stop him getting a lead in another series. Only time will tell of he'll get another chance on a big enough TV series (not including Doom Patrol as it's probably just something for his kids and a paycheck)

by Anonymousreply 328October 3, 2018 5:21 PM

If nothing lands he could always go back to Ryan Murphy's shows as a safety net for acting/directing jobs.

by Anonymousreply 329October 3, 2018 5:35 PM

Duckling's acting career will continue to wane, much like a pretty actress's career wanes when she hits 40, barring he manages some kind of reinvention a la Kim Basinger in LA Confidential. And even that career bounce didn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 330October 3, 2018 6:27 PM

Having Doom Patrol will allow him to spend a few months shooting or voicing or whatever he's doing on a project, then then the rest of the year doing what he wants knowing he'll have a steady paycheck to come back to. Seasons for shows, especially streaming shows, are short now. I hope he continues to be more selective about the projects he does and does things that he likes.

I also hope he doesn't go back to Ryan Murphy anytime soon unless it's a genuinely good part.

Papi Chulo proved that when given the chance his acting can be exceptional and it doesn't seem Murphy sees him as anything other than eye candy in the background of someone else's story.

by Anonymousreply 331October 3, 2018 9:28 PM

He needs a new good role. it's getting boring.

by Anonymousreply 332October 3, 2018 9:33 PM

Is Mr Peabody in the outs with Deadline? They botched Bomer’s name in the lede.

[quote]Doom Patrol had been fully staffed. White Collar and American Horror Story alum Matt Former has been tapped for the last remaining lead role in the upcoming live-action drama for the DC Universe digital platform. He will play Negative Man in the series, from Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros TV. The announcement was just made by fellow Doom Patrol star Brendan Fraser ahead of the premiere of DC Universe’s Titans at New York Cmic-Con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 4, 2018 12:17 AM

That’s a new one, usually it’s morning show ditzy hostesses who call him Boner.

by Anonymousreply 334October 4, 2018 12:23 AM

Apparently he did a video from the set tonight for the comic audience.

They also cleared some things up during the conference that:

1. Matt will be in flashbacks as Larry Trainor.

2. Matt will be doing voice overs (as someone caught before) for the character so no that's [bold]not him[/bold] on set outside.

3. The guy outside in costume is name is Matthew Zuk.

4. The show debuts December 12th so they're def. zipping through it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 4, 2018 1:47 AM

Brendan Fraser will also not be physically playing his character, he’ll primarily be providing voice overs as well.

This is a cheap, shitty series!

by Anonymousreply 336October 4, 2018 1:51 AM

Matt on set

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 4, 2018 2:27 AM

why in fuk did they have matt in that fugly grey beard in viper???? club.

by Anonymousreply 338October 4, 2018 12:01 PM

He also had a fake nose in Viper Club.

by Anonymousreply 339October 4, 2018 12:33 PM

Too pretty for the role otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 340October 4, 2018 2:50 PM

His looks can be distracting when he's supposed to play a character who is gritty. Reviewers have mentioned it before.

It's just another hurdle to overcome for him and he's even said he knows that but he can't complain about it because there are worse things.

I wouldn't be surprised if they played with that in Doom Patrol. The most handsome man now has to be covered with bandages. I do wonder how much we'll see him out of bandages. It's not Arrow. He's not the star of it. I doubt the whole show is going to be half in the present and in the past. Greg is pretty good at sticking with the comics in terms of character portrayals so the character suddenly won't not need bandages.

by Anonymousreply 341October 5, 2018 12:38 AM

What a shitty role. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 342October 5, 2018 12:50 AM

looks like the Aids Walk is doubtful?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 5, 2018 5:07 AM

Jeez I can’t believe some people actually thought he was going to show up to that thing.

Look, clearly they need money. Obviously that is the priority now at this point. He pimped the children out to Target. Read that, underline it, repeat it three times. TO TARGET.

by Anonymousreply 344October 5, 2018 5:51 AM

The unfortunate thing about Magic Mike XXL (other than it being horrible) is that that movie had them quit stripping. Now would have been a good time to try to revive it as a raunchy series, as the cast hasn’t really had a lot going on except Tatum and McConaughey.

by Anonymousreply 345October 5, 2018 5:58 AM

R343, did Matt make some kind of announcement that he wouldn't be there? Cause that's the only post I'm seeing on Twitter that said he wouldn't. I could see him dropping out but he could totally make it if he wanted to. He agreed to be part of a prize for runners. It would be a total dick move. Did someone bother to @ him and ask him directly?

R344, Most celebs pimp stuff on their instagrams. He didn't even show the kids faces. Few people would turn down easy money. What could it have been? 10 minutes of work for a few thousand? At least he does shop at Target and hasn't started doing Detox teas.

R345, I agree. Dumb move. Channing really thought people wanted a "story." Matt was criminally underused in that as well except for promotion where they kept him front and center. The same thing happened with The Nice Guys. They made sure they had him in every cast interview even if his part wasn't as big as everyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 346October 5, 2018 6:25 AM

R346 you swear he was the first celeb to do a sponsored post. Much bigger stars do the same-those who clearly don't need the money either.

by Anonymousreply 347October 5, 2018 6:26 AM

R347, Agreed. I feel like few people complaining about it would turn down that opportunity if they had the klout to pull it off. I didn't like it when his Instagram was slowly turning into ALL ads, but it seems like he started to switch it up again and actually post other things.

by Anonymousreply 348October 5, 2018 6:31 AM

NPH is currently doing Target ads.

by Anonymousreply 349October 5, 2018 9:04 AM

Hey, he’s entitled to earn a living! Nice work if you can get it.

by Anonymousreply 350October 5, 2018 9:33 AM

NPH does ads for Target but he hasn’t pimped the children out to them as far as I know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 5, 2018 9:39 AM

OK NPH has pimped the children out to Capital One but he regularly uses shots like this. In his IG so it’s not so jarring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 5, 2018 10:00 AM

Matt was very discreet with the Target ads, he didn't pimp the kids. Plus, he does shop there. But it's still quite sad, he should've been hired by a big movie studio already. He should be a big movie star by now.

by Anonymousreply 353October 5, 2018 11:11 PM

Duckling pimped the kids. Accept it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 354October 5, 2018 11:16 PM

He's an openly gay actor in his 40s R353.

Matt has had a pretty good career for someone who has to overcome that hurdle and he's done better than nearly all of them before him.

He's also very attractive which can be helpful but he could have never gotten to play Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory." He would have never ended up as "Spock" on Star Trek. NPH already captured America's heart as a child in Doogie Howser M.D. so he can always do his hosting gigs and play goofy, crazy characters on kid's shows. At least Matt headed his own TV series as an adult. None of the others can say that.

What he should be doing, or at least what he was trying to do but stopped for whatever reason, was to make his own projects. That's what he should really be focusing on like everyone else in his age group.

by Anonymousreply 355October 6, 2018 12:14 AM

Don’t count him out yet. We just don’t know what he has planned next.

by Anonymousreply 356October 6, 2018 12:31 AM

Mindy Kaling is doing Target ads now. I don't get the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 357October 6, 2018 7:15 AM

R357 it's not a big deal at all. Some people just aren't happy with anything Matt does. Him doing the Target ads is no different than him doing a campaign for Todd Synder or Armani-its the same principle really; post a pic and get money. Some just are giving him side eye for including the kids. It was a back to school campaign-the kids had to have been mentioned or shown at some point. He didn't show their faces and kept their involvement to a minimum. I've seen celebrities do sponsored posts announcing the birth of their child so all in all, he was pretty tame with those ads

by Anonymousreply 358October 6, 2018 7:39 AM

Well, you asked for it: Matt certainly didn’t announce the birth of his child!

by Anonymousreply 359October 6, 2018 3:14 PM

R359 well there was an announcement, Matt's name was just nowhere near it

by Anonymousreply 360October 6, 2018 3:25 PM

R360, he's said it before but everyone ignored it. He didn't think it was his business to announce it since they're Simon's bio children and he joined their family as their father.

by Anonymousreply 361October 6, 2018 4:02 PM

R361 why u do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362October 6, 2018 4:09 PM

In related news, here is an extremely rare image of Consuela

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 6, 2018 4:10 PM

(sees Target ad) Meester Simon, Meester Matt, don’t take wrong way, but you think you can start paying me in advance in cash?

by Anonymousreply 364October 6, 2018 4:15 PM

Interesting R363. Is she the mother figure?

by Anonymousreply 365October 6, 2018 4:58 PM

Why would Matt’s kid have blond hair?

by Anonymousreply 366October 6, 2018 5:01 PM

Because the egg donor had blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 367October 6, 2018 5:36 PM

His reason for not attending the Aids Walk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 6, 2018 5:36 PM

Dropping out at the last minute? Oh, I’m ever so shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 6, 2018 5:42 PM

It seems like he agreed to be the chair for that walk before he got the part on Doom Patrol and then just wasn't bothered doing it between filming and London. The 'sent to film in London' part is funny. Handy thing to say since he will be in London next week (unless he genuinely has filming work there but that seems unlikely).

by Anonymousreply 370October 6, 2018 5:47 PM

This reminds me of his cancellation of throwing out the first ball at the Dodgers baseball game last year. “Too busy with work.” Disappointing for fans. It did seem strange that he would go to Wisconsin, though.

by Anonymousreply 371October 6, 2018 5:53 PM

R371 it was a pretty random location indeed. Probably agreed to do it when he didn't have work scheduled and then when he got something he could just excuse himself from it. For fans who travelled or raised money it was probably disappointing but these things can happen. He's most likely flying out to London within the next few days and didn't want the hassle of jumping around to events

by Anonymousreply 372October 6, 2018 5:59 PM

Duckling and Mr Peabody have and will always be bottom feeders, of course he wasn’t going to go to Wisconsin or do anything that, you know, has nothing to offer him. Of course if Mark Ruffalo wanted him for the opening of an Artesian Well in Coachella he would be there.

by Anonymousreply 373October 6, 2018 6:01 PM

The issues are

1. He autographed posters for recipients so he knew he wouldn't be able to attend a while ago. He didn't do those last night and overnighted them up.

2. He and the event withheld that he wouldn't be attending. He was dead silent on it and so were they probably to not deter anyone from coming.

3. He most certainly is not filming in London.

4. He could have easily gone and just didn't want to. Wisconsin is less than 2 hours away via plane.

by Anonymousreply 374October 6, 2018 6:13 PM

He’s also in Atlanta where he can get a direct flight and be there and back within a matter of hours.

by Anonymousreply 375October 6, 2018 6:18 PM

He probably just didn't want to go. Pretty flimsy excuse but it happens all the time. Probably wasn't that fussed about it in the first place and then had his publicist come up with a feasible excuse for his absence.

by Anonymousreply 376October 6, 2018 6:24 PM

He should have posted a thank you to everyone who attended with an apology.

He could have even recorded a message.

That's what most celebrities would have done when an entire town built up an event with the idea of someone attending. It's telling that people have said that his name was never mentioned during the event at all.

But it's obvious he just didn't feel like it which is sad.

by Anonymousreply 377October 6, 2018 6:31 PM

R377 oh there was definite shade in that press release; " while we remain proud of Matt's ever impressive career, we are disappointed he cannot attend our event". Who knows his reasons for not going? Something else could have happened that messed up his schedule or maybe he still has filming/voice over commitments today. Either way, disappointing for any fan that went to try see him. I'd always be wary of spending a lot of money or travelling far to see a celebrity at an event because of hearing incidents like this.

by Anonymousreply 378October 6, 2018 6:38 PM

Out of curiosity I went to Google Streetview and they aren’t even bothering to maintain the hedges on their property. It sticks out very badly in the neighborhood of well manicured homes.

by Anonymousreply 379October 6, 2018 6:46 PM

And don’t post the address, but it’s Rossmore one block north of Wilshire. Look for the hedges that look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 380October 6, 2018 6:49 PM

R378, Definitely. I would be wary too. I'd add if it was the TV series, that was already announced, that was the problem then his Publicist could have offered up that as an excuse to say he was shooting and couldn't get away from it.

It would make more sense than saying he was "filming" in London.

by Anonymousreply 381October 6, 2018 6:53 PM

Milwaukee resident here. I thought it was odd that on the local news they were still saying MB would be today’s MC for the AIDS walk but they never used his photos for the promos. Obviously he bowed out some time ago. A dick move by all. Anyway our local Milwaukee ARC has been run by greedy slimes for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 382October 6, 2018 6:56 PM

Nothing chums the water of these stalkers like Matt’s success. They’ve probably sniffed out something positive happening for him. Whatever it is, hopefully it’s sweet enough to gag another troll.

by Anonymousreply 383October 6, 2018 6:58 PM

R381 yeah it would have been easier to just say that he couldn't get out of filming commitments. "Sent to London" is such a weird phrase, as if he's been forced there against his will. Him being in London next week probably just gave them a better excuse to say he's going to London. Although, I'm guessing he's finished up with Doom Patrol. Be awkward if he was spotted in Atlanta early next week lol

by Anonymousreply 384October 6, 2018 6:58 PM

R384, After reading R382's post I'm starting to think the run organizers haven't been in contact with him or his publicist in a while or else they could have offered up an excuse that made sense unfortunately it still reflects badly on him since people don't care about the behind the scenes politics.

As for Doom Patrol, his part was mostly voice over and he was listed as a voice over in his head shot. It's probably another reason why he took it. He wouldn't need to be there the entire shoot.

by Anonymousreply 385October 6, 2018 7:09 PM

R385 what a messy event. Looks like he cancelled a little while back but I'm guessing the event wanted to draw in people to see him. At least it wasn't London. A lot more of his fans are going to that and he actually told people he was going in this instance ha

Well he was spotted in Atlanta earlier in the week so I assume he was finishing up over the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 386October 6, 2018 7:19 PM

I could not find any mention that he would be at this event on his SM at all? It was only confirmed by other people. He usually does mention when he is going to be somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 387October 6, 2018 7:48 PM

R388 yeah I don't remember him actually saying anything about it, which perhaps is an indicator that he pulled out of it a while back? It's not like he was promoting it a lot and then just cancelled last minute.

by Anonymousreply 388October 6, 2018 8:06 PM

R388, He usually waits until the last minute to confirm that he will be somewhere if he does at all. He waited until the week before the Toronto film festival to announce he was definitely going. He did the same thing with his premiere of Viper Club. With the exception of Simon's friend's podcast, he didn't really push any of the individual stuff he did during the Boys in the Band until when we would see it or right before we would by a day or two.

Has he even written anything formally about going to London? I believe he will go but I think it's because we just "know" he will.

We usually hear about him being places from press releases or Google News articles. It's clear he had some involvement here at some point if he gave them autographed posters to hand out but it seems like it was a long time ago. There does seem to be something suspicious going on. I'm surprised he didn't make an announcement that he wouldn't be there himself since they're using his name on busses and billboards. He's usually more kind.

by Anonymousreply 389October 6, 2018 8:30 PM

Well R389 duckling is clearly kind of a dick.

by Anonymousreply 390October 6, 2018 8:38 PM

R389 he's not the best person for giving updates or information. His social media promotion game is pretty weak. At times it feels a little half-assed. But I don't seem to remember him even mentioning this on his Twitter. He usually does even retweet the off event thing but nothing this time.

However, he did write on Twitter that he would be going to London and he liked a fan's tweet this week about seeing him in London for the premiere. Who knows what happened with the Aids Walk? Best guess is that he cancelled because of filming Doom Patrol and the event organizers were pissed off with him for doing so. As posters said before, maybe the people behind the event didn't want to announce that he wasn't going to be there because they didn't want people to not show up.

by Anonymousreply 391October 6, 2018 8:44 PM

R391, He liked a fan's tweet about mentioning the AIDS walk just a few hours ago.

It seems like they used him and while they knew they should tell people he wasn't coming, they didn't. I still say he should have as well since quite a few people came just to see him.

by Anonymousreply 392October 6, 2018 8:52 PM

I hate it when they use people like his. Matt using his fans is very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 393October 6, 2018 9:05 PM

I wouldn't go as far to say he was using his fans. He didn't seem to anything to promote the event or encourage people to go. Maybe he didn't many fans would go given the location. Tbh it's not surprising he was there. When I saw that he confirmed his attendance for London for the next week and then he was in Atlanta I figure he'd drop the event as it seemed a bit tricky to fit it.

by Anonymousreply 394October 6, 2018 9:16 PM

Bullshit. He knew fans were going, they tweeted it out to him.

by Anonymousreply 395October 6, 2018 9:24 PM

It's the fan's choice to go to these things. No one forces them. Yes, a tweet saying he wouldn't be there would have been the best thing to do but it didn't happen and that's harsh of him. But people cancel, its happens.

by Anonymousreply 396October 6, 2018 9:40 PM

A tweet would've been enough.

by Anonymousreply 397October 6, 2018 9:52 PM

R393, I don't think Matt was using his fans. He has nothing to gain from that. I think the event was using Matt's fans by not telling people he wasn't coming until the very last minute.

But yes a tweet would have been enough especially since it's a large scale AIDS charity event despite whatever happened between him and the organizers. It's about the people that ran.

by Anonymousreply 398October 6, 2018 10:06 PM

Wonder if he will apologize on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 399October 6, 2018 10:14 PM

R399 maybe if he comes across fan tweets giving out about him he might. It would be the decent thing to do. Guess we'll see anyway. He apologized for missing a few things in the past.

by Anonymousreply 400October 6, 2018 10:18 PM

Wow, one of his biggest fans, and who didn't attend the Aids walk is mad at him. He should tweet something and apologize.

by Anonymousreply 401October 6, 2018 11:04 PM

R401 why is someone who wasn't there angry? It's not like they spent money on travel and fundraising. You feel for the people who went to see him and it would be the least he could do to acknowledge it somehow for them but not for the sake of others who are jumping on the annoyed bandwagon

by Anonymousreply 402October 6, 2018 11:19 PM

Wow they really did put him on busses. What a dick.

At the time he received his undeserved Steve Chase Award for AIDS activism, I criticized him for doing very little for AIDS activism other than attending walks. Now he doesn’t even do that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403October 6, 2018 11:22 PM

The organizers must have been pretty pissed off with him. They clearly spent a bit on marketing it and then he bows out. I imagine he agreed to do it when his schedule wasn't too busy but then he must just have decided to bail when work came along. It does appear they weren't happy with him, which is fair.

by Anonymousreply 404October 6, 2018 11:41 PM

Ambivalence to one’s fans and/or public duties is generally seen as a sign of a dying showbiz career.

by Anonymousreply 405October 6, 2018 11:48 PM

Nobody in BITB was more accessible to fans than Matt. He is usually very accommodating.

by Anonymousreply 406October 6, 2018 11:51 PM

It's OK if he had to cancel. He should've just said it.

by Anonymousreply 407October 6, 2018 11:53 PM

He doesn’t care. He’s ambivalent.

by Anonymousreply 408October 6, 2018 11:54 PM

You can be a fan of someone and have a problem with something that they did R406.

No one has had a negative thing to say about him face to face, not just his fans or even his costars. He's a very nice man at least in person.

But this was a still a dick move.

by Anonymousreply 409October 7, 2018 12:01 AM

I still think something went on between his people and the organizers.

It's very odd for him not to say anything, write a letter or tape a message. Turn on your phone, tape a video message and send it in an email. He has done that before even just recently. The cause is close to his heart so it's just strange.

by Anonymousreply 410October 7, 2018 12:05 AM

I suppose the most realistic explanation is that he got a chance for work and decided that was more important and dropped out. The event organizers I assume were pissed off big time and were stuck with no honory chair. I imagine a few harshly worded emails were sent to Matt's team. Or maybe it was other scheduling issues/personal reasons he dropped out. Either way, it was messy

by Anonymousreply 411October 7, 2018 12:18 AM

As others have mentioned,he's normally very polite so this little incident is not a big deal but he owes the fans an apology or he should at least tell his reasons for not attending.

by Anonymousreply 412October 7, 2018 12:26 AM

I like to think maybe there’s more to it but he doesn’t want to throw a charity under the bus (that has his face on it), hence when you don’t have anything nice to say you just don’t comment. More info may surface later. In the meantime haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 413October 7, 2018 5:08 AM

He liked some tweets from a couple of his super fans about it.

That's a, "Thank you (to them)" and a "no comment (about the event)" response if there ever was one.

A couple of them had said some not so nice (but valid - "he should have said something") things but eventually deleted their tweets since he was obviously watching as he often does even if he's not tweeting.

by Anonymousreply 414October 7, 2018 5:28 AM

R414 he seemed to have liked the tweets from the all the fans who participated. Unlikely he'll say anything about it now.

What's the point of deleting the tweets? He follows a lot of the super fans so he most likely sees a lot of what they tweet whenever he's scrolling. They wanted him to apologize so seems silly to backtrack.

by Anonymousreply 415October 7, 2018 6:12 AM

Jeez what a God complex he must have.

by Anonymousreply 416October 7, 2018 8:05 AM

I highly doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 417October 7, 2018 1:57 PM

Is he in London already, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 418October 8, 2018 7:27 AM

R418 not sure. But new pics of him arriving at Los Angeles airport. Not clear when these were taken but Weibo is usually good for having pics up a day or two from when they were taken.

by Anonymousreply 419October 8, 2018 8:20 AM

Thanks R419, I see he's wearing the hat the fan gave him.

I'd imagine he'd have to fly back to Los Angeles to get ready to fly to London. I doubt he brought everything he'd need in London with him just to film a few weeks in Atlanta.

He looks like he's in a good mood. He and Simon must really like Mel. Awww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420October 8, 2018 8:26 AM

He fucked with his face again, it looks like porcelain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 8, 2018 10:19 AM

God it must be great to be Matt Bomer: beautiful. talented, rich, adored, living his life and sexy as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 422October 8, 2018 2:58 PM

It's called makeup R421. He knew he'd be photographed.

by Anonymousreply 423October 8, 2018 4:15 PM

He’s gorgeous . Face it.

by Anonymousreply 424October 8, 2018 4:32 PM

Looks like Simon was with him in one of the photos but you can only see part of him.

by Anonymousreply 425October 8, 2018 4:35 PM

It's called facial fillers, stupid fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 426October 8, 2018 4:37 PM

Is he arriving back into Los Angeles or going to catch a flight in those pics? Looks more like he arrived in LA

by Anonymousreply 427October 8, 2018 5:29 PM

The photo captions said arrivals R427, plus his suitcases are being pushed away. I'd guess he was coming back.

You don't know how fillers work, do you R426? If you have looked at a photo of him without makeup you can clearly see the lines on his head and around his eyes. He obviously has something done but I don't think it's that - and I think he even posted on his instagram an "ad" about what they do to his face. He used to have a dark spot on the right side of his jaw that slowly has "faded" away over the years. So there's definitely some microderm going on there. However, that's his JOB.

As one of the people who has seen him up close, in person, he wears a lot of foundation. He's still beautiful even without it but he does look more natural.

by Anonymousreply 428October 8, 2018 5:44 PM

From R391:

[quote]However, he did write on Twitter that he would be going to London...

He did? I haven't seen him mention it on Twitter or anywhere else. Care to provide a link?

by Anonymousreply 429October 8, 2018 6:43 PM

He really should stop wearing this hat, it reminds me of when Charlize Theron played Mentally Retarded Female on Arrested Development

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 8, 2018 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 8, 2018 7:06 PM

R429 I think it's this tweet here. From what I remember I think it was John Butler who tweeted about it (must have deleted it) and Matt quoted it saying he was going. He liked a fans tweet on the weekend about seeing him in London too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 8, 2018 7:09 PM

He will be in London. It’s not Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 433October 8, 2018 7:20 PM

He really fucked up by not saying he cancelled his AIDS walk appearance. The indifference towards fans' feelings is incredible. It's almost like he doesn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 434October 8, 2018 7:33 PM

Fans need to stop taking things so personally. Jesus, these crazy fans will put a celebrity on a high pedestal and just as quick bring them down at the slightest misstep. We don’t even know what happened. I have a feeling he’s contractually obligated to not address the AIDS walk thing personally. We don’t know how the behind the scene stuff works. It’s not as easy as it appears.

by Anonymousreply 435October 8, 2018 8:02 PM

According to his furious twitter fans one flew in from New York , another drove 9 hours, one came from Florida, etc. They paid travel expenses and hotel fees to attend and hopefully meet Matt and that's why they're so disappointed. Uhh its an AIDS walk ladies, how about next time have your priorities straight and you won't walk away so OTT let down.

by Anonymousreply 436October 8, 2018 8:15 PM

Shouldn’t they be more offended that he stiffed an AIDS Walk?

An AIDS WALK!

by Anonymousreply 437October 8, 2018 8:21 PM

You all behave like you wouldn't be disappointed if you had traveled miles to meet Matt only to find out that he wasn't there. And what's worse. He knew days ahead he wasn't going to attend but stayed SILENT. Fucking rude, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 438October 8, 2018 8:29 PM

hundreds of miles!

by Anonymousreply 439October 8, 2018 8:30 PM

It was an event he didn't even promote himself. Yeah it was a pretty shitty thing to not tweet anything but he didn't force anyone to go. Having a tantrum because a celebrity you like wasn't as considerate as you'd hoped is just silly.

by Anonymousreply 440October 8, 2018 9:00 PM

I will be pissed if he doesnt come to London and I my travel to the cinema where the movie is screened will take 25 minutes. Had I made an effort to fundraise in hope to meet him I would've been really outraged by the way he handled that event.

by Anonymousreply 441October 8, 2018 9:12 PM

[quote]Had I made an effort to fundraise in hope to meet him I would've been really outraged by the way he handled that event.

I 100% understand why anyone would be upset but the problem is this idea. Money should have been raised [bold]for the charity, not for the chance to meet Matt.[/bold] People are implying they only cared about the charity because Matt's face was associated with it and they [bold]wouldn't have cared about the AIDS charity [/bold] at any other time. The implications of that are pretty screwed up.

The only time you are guaranteed to meet a celebrity is if they're having an actual meet & greet with the purpose being to meet them.

I think the problem is that this summer Matt was very available, consistently, on a daily basis, multiple times a day. So if people went to NYC and saw the show or waited outside the show or wandered through the theatre district they could have met him. Many people met him and he was kind to all of them. If you were willing to spend the money you too could have been photographed with Matt Bomer. That was a given. That's over.

The reality is: that the play was a very unique situation and people are having trouble readjusting. You are not always going to know where he is or what he's doing. You're not going to see as many photos. He's not always going to show up for events he's not contractually obligated to show up to. No one should be spending that money or traveling that distance to see someone for 30 seconds. Anyone's best chance of meeting him is hoping he does another TV show or Film where he's shooting outside just like before when he was on White Collar. We're back to that now and that is the norm. If you buy tickets for a premiere you should be going because you want to see the movie not for the chance to meet him.

It's also glaringly obvious that something went down with the organizers of the walk because it really isn't like him not to make a statement directly. I think if you've been following him for any length of time that should be a given.

by Anonymousreply 442October 8, 2018 9:26 PM

Being pissed is expected. But to take a piss on the celebrity who has shown in the past that he cares, is a tantrum. It’s all about attention if you ask me. Not about the cause but it’s “me me me”. They lost their opportunity to get a selfie with him and flaunt it on their social media.

by Anonymousreply 443October 8, 2018 9:34 PM

Irregardless of the fans’ intentions for attending the charity event, at the end of the day, Duckling did stiff an AIDS walk.

An AIDS walk!

by Anonymousreply 444October 8, 2018 9:52 PM

R441 here. I do agree this way of fundraising is totally self-indulgent and promotes obsessive fans rather than people genuinely interested in the case. However this is how all fundraising works - donors paying $25000 to take a selfie with presidential candidates or $10 for an office charity raffle - people do it for their own entertainment/satsfaction rather than becayse they care about the case. This march was organised and advertised playing on those sentiments therefore I think it's justified people are still pissed, no matter how shallow their motivation is.

Shame Matt is rather unlikely to address it as usual when something controversial happens so we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 445October 8, 2018 9:53 PM

R442 he was incredibly accommodating over the summer during the play. He came out to sign nearly all of the nights and put in a lot more effort than some of the other guys in the show. I wouldn't blame him for maybe wanting a break from fan interaction for a while. No one knows what went down at the event but he most likely dropped out because he got other work (and a paycheck) and it became a mess from there. People are making a bigger deal out of this than it actually is. As R442 said, you're never guaranteed to meet a celebrity; schedules can change, people can get sick-its all about luck.

by Anonymousreply 446October 8, 2018 10:04 PM

Just stop arguing with R446. She’ll never accept that her precious Mattie stiffed an AIDS walk.

An AIDS WALK!

by Anonymousreply 447October 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Well, they couldn’t really announce it ahead of time that he wouldn’t be there or it could have hurt the cause even more.

Even last summer in NY there were a few times he couldn’t come out after the show. It’s true his fans got spoiled though. And some of them really took advantage.

by Anonymousreply 448October 8, 2018 10:13 PM

Fans would've donated anyway had he asked them to.

by Anonymousreply 449October 8, 2018 10:16 PM

Don’t walks make their money through the participants’ pledge forms/donations? I get that there’s always hype in seeing the honorary spokesperson at the event, but it’s not like they sold tickets to seeing him perform (like benefit concerts).

by Anonymousreply 450October 8, 2018 10:19 PM

As mentioned R445, I understand why people are upset. It's just an odd thing to be upset about when it comes to this case.

Like you said, that way of fundraising is "self-indulgent," they probably don't "care about the cause" and their motivations/anger of his absence are "shallow." It may be common but that doesn't make it right. None of those are positive things.

He is also a chair at GLSEN. He skipped last year because he was shooting but Simon went. We'll see if he shows up this year.

Has anyone bothered to just directly ask him what happened or are they scared of him?

by Anonymousreply 451October 8, 2018 10:26 PM

OMG! Matt just moved his October 12, London appearance from 6:30 pm back to 7:00 pm. There will be tears. Why Matt? Whyyyyyy??????

by Anonymousreply 452October 8, 2018 11:18 PM

Matt posted a video apology re the Aids Walk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 8, 2018 11:23 PM

R452 idiot.

by Anonymousreply 454October 8, 2018 11:23 PM

I can’t believe he used his phone in portrait mode.

by Anonymousreply 455October 8, 2018 11:34 PM

So he recorded a message on Saturday but they chose not to even air it which would have avoided most of the complaints?

That's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 456October 8, 2018 11:39 PM

Maybe he recorded it but didn’t hit the send button.

by Anonymousreply 457October 8, 2018 11:47 PM

Well, he’s definitely going to London.

by Anonymousreply 458October 8, 2018 11:48 PM

Fandoms are shallow bottom feeders. Ever ready to crucify their “idol” if he/she falters.

by Anonymousreply 459October 9, 2018 12:22 AM

Fandom is just entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 460October 9, 2018 1:57 AM

I'm assuming the London premiere will be similar to Toronto, in that it will be more of a screening rather than a red carpet? Doesn't seem to be included in the special presentations or red galas on the website

by Anonymousreply 461October 9, 2018 4:30 AM

R461 yes it will be just a screening

by Anonymousreply 462October 9, 2018 6:36 AM

R442 = voice of sanity

by Anonymousreply 463October 9, 2018 7:08 AM

Matt sucks at dealing with drama.

by Anonymousreply 464October 9, 2018 7:50 AM

I get being disappointed by his cancelation and his silence on it, but most of his fans are grown women, not young teens. Moaning about how you're disappointed by a relatively minor incident is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 465October 9, 2018 8:54 AM

Most of the suer fans are crazy. Still, his reputation is damaged in the charity world and he will be passed over for future opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 466October 9, 2018 9:55 AM

This looks cheesy as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467October 9, 2018 10:28 AM

Some of his fans are crazy - grown woman who are super embarrassing.

I get being upset that you did not get to see him when you were really looking forward to it, but why bitch about it ad nauseam on Twitter and then get pissed off when people point out that he never actually confirmed anything himself.

His fans are really embarrassing, and he probably sees all of it.

by Anonymousreply 468October 9, 2018 10:31 AM

Duckling only encourages them by liking their tweets, following their accounts and wearing the gifts they bring him. He’s as much to blame.

by Anonymousreply 469October 9, 2018 10:34 AM

Watch the gay mockumentary Man of the Year about the gay Playgirl centerfold Dirk Shafer. It’s on YouTube. It’s shows how the centerfold encouraged a crazy fan/stalker by keeping up correspondences on a 900 number service Playgirl offered. No difference from what’s going on here.

by Anonymousreply 470October 9, 2018 10:37 AM

R466 They’ll just write a better contract.

R470 Right, no difference at all between Twitter and a 900 number. None at all!

by Anonymousreply 471October 9, 2018 12:59 PM

The 900 number was not a phone sex line, it was just a mailbox where you could drop a message to the model, and the model would respond with just niceties or call you on your birthday or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 472October 9, 2018 1:25 PM

Agree with r464. He really avoids all drama.

by Anonymousreply 473October 9, 2018 3:55 PM

Of course he avoids drama, is duckling.

by Anonymousreply 474October 9, 2018 4:08 PM

That's common with some really attractive people R464.

When you grow up like that, you're not used to people not liking you for some reason or being angry at you. People want you to like them. They never bother to confront you about issues. They overlook or forgive easily. People like that never develop proper coping skills so their first instinct is to leave whenever something bad happens.

That being said, he seems exceptionally nice, but that probably makes it harder for him to deal with adversity on top of everything else.

by Anonymousreply 475October 9, 2018 4:16 PM

He looks pretty happy in those airport photos.

by Anonymousreply 476October 9, 2018 5:57 PM

He probably knew he would be photographed.

by Anonymousreply 477October 9, 2018 6:11 PM

R475 A problem you undoubtedly never had to encounter.

by Anonymousreply 478October 9, 2018 6:27 PM

R478, Oh, sweety. He'll never fuck you.

I know it's hard for you to hear that on a public forum but I figured you should know that now. It's just so sad that you think that he might. I know you probably are saying, "this is some sort of snappy response" but it's true. I hope that hurts you because then you can finally grow up.

Nobody is perfect including him. The minute you realize that you can learn to live in reality. May God give you strength in these coming days to weather the storm of nonsense that is no doubt your life.

by Anonymousreply 479October 9, 2018 7:22 PM

R475 Interesting, it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 480October 9, 2018 8:31 PM

This happens all the time. Celebraties will cancel last minute. There was no guarantee that they will get to meet him, take photos etc. He sent a message wee hours of the morning of the walk. The organizers didn’t think it was that big of a deal to post it. Other than his 2 fans I haven’t heard any other complains. The organizers know. It’s not like he personally jilted them. Hope they learn their lesson. He’s obviously not as involved as those fans. If they think he owes them a personal apology. That’s hilarious. Charity should be charitable.

by Anonymousreply 481October 9, 2018 8:46 PM

R 466 yes if the organizers are immature overreacting types.

by Anonymousreply 482October 9, 2018 8:56 PM

R467, that's not how it's going to look on camera. Have you ever seen any Greg Berlanti shows?

Besides, it's funny that we know that's not even Matt in that photo since someone else plays him in the wraps.

by Anonymousreply 483October 9, 2018 9:41 PM

Yes. Greg Berlanti’s CWshows are cheesy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 484October 9, 2018 10:08 PM

But they are entertaining. And Jeremy Carver is involved in this. So hopefully it won't be a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 485October 10, 2018 3:34 AM

I hate to call judgment on a a show that hasn't aired yet but if it's like the other DC shows Greg produces the real problems are: the show features characters that aren't necessarily popular in the DC universe & the show is on a paid subscription service.

I'm already sure it will get a second season since the DC subscription network is new and they wouldn't want to cancel a show so quickly. I'm even sure Matt got paid well for the little he had to do because DC is putting money into the shows since they're brand new. I guess the good thing is with a regular tv series gig he can get back to focusing on other things and relax like spending time with his family and waiting for the right roles to come along since he knows he'll have money coming in at some point in the year and probably even get to go to Comicon and keep his face out there.

Lois & Clark and Smallville were cheesy as fuck R484. I think Greg's shows run the gamut. You can't really judge the costumes by the photos because they do tend to look better under the right lighting except for the Black Lighting costumes which always look cheesy as fuck.

I guess a good note for Matt Bomer fans is that if he's on a comic book show he might be able to go to Comicon next year. They don't make it easy to get tickets at the last minute. You have to start planning the year before. The best thing to do is to register for a Comicon Member ID now and then wait for the open registration (ID gets you into the system but it's not the same as a badge) if they announce the show as being present. They shut that ID system down before they start their usual "Open Registration" sales and you need to have one before they even announce when they're doing that. So get the Membership ID registered, wait to see when the sales are and then wait to see if the show is going to be there.

by Anonymousreply 486October 10, 2018 4:01 AM

Matt made a fortune from the producers stake he took in Magic Mike. He doesn't need to do anything for the money. He said he was doing this DC thing for his kids and I see no reason to disbelieve him.

by Anonymousreply 487October 10, 2018 9:27 AM

LOL! The Magic Mike money is dried up. Look at the house on Google as I mentioned before, they aren’t even bothering with the landscaping. It looks like nobody lives there.

And jeez “I’m doing it for Kit” is such a poor attempt at saving face. The older one is 13, 13 year old kids in the upper echelons of LA are already doing cocaine, I read Less Than Zero. They aren’t going to be watching these dorky shows.

by Anonymousreply 488October 10, 2018 10:49 AM

He said "partially" for his oldest R487.

I don't think he's hurting but you can't sit on your butt as an actor unless you have a TV series or a franchise film trilogy.

Stuff you could have read for, went to meetings for, (and all of that associated stuff) you miss out on while taking a break so that means films being shot the following year you can't be in unless there's a last minute casting change. They were planning Papi Chulo a year before they actually got around to shooting it. He agreed to work on Anything years before it actually was produced.

R488, nobody is going to stalk his home except for your creepy butt. You're very, very creepy and crossing a line.

by Anonymousreply 489October 10, 2018 10:51 AM

No it would only be crossing a line if I actually went there. LOL! Blame Google for the normalization of voyeuristic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 490October 10, 2018 11:09 AM

We never know what he’s doing until he announces it. There is no reason to think he isn’t doing anything now or in the future. In 2018 he will have done a couple of movies, a Broadway show, and a TV appearance, and attended a couple of award shows and film festivals. Plus directing an episode of Versace. Nobody knew about any of that in the late summer/early fall of 2017 when The Last Tycoon was just canceled and he was being criticized for making Anything. Then everyone said we would never get to see Anything, but we did. As pointed out above, he obviously planned those things long before we heard about them.

by Anonymousreply 491October 10, 2018 12:44 PM

R479 You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 492October 10, 2018 2:53 PM

R488 You're a sick individual. Sick help.

by Anonymousreply 493October 10, 2018 6:18 PM

Quinto's birthday wishes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494October 11, 2018 5:27 PM

JFC so many mental health issues on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 495October 11, 2018 5:36 PM

Is Matt in London yet?

by Anonymousreply 496October 11, 2018 5:52 PM

R496, yes he posted a picture of Simon in London.

by Anonymousreply 497October 11, 2018 6:16 PM

They are really going out of their way to appeal to that trashy long island biker chick.

by Anonymousreply 498October 11, 2018 6:35 PM

Wasn't she the one who went "Oooooh I saw something bad, I shouldn't have come" during BITB? I wonder if they are doing this to repay her for her silence.

by Anonymousreply 499October 11, 2018 6:39 PM

Young Matty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500October 11, 2018 6:51 PM

Sexy Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501October 11, 2018 6:52 PM

R499

[quote]Wasn't she the one who went "Oooooh I saw something bad, I shouldn't have come" during BITB? I wonder if they are doing this to repay her for her silence.

Everyone on here and Twitter figured out it was a bunch of BS, for attention, not even about either of them since she was kissing their butts an hour or two later. Then Twitter destroyed her, especially after she lorded her contact with them over other people.

I think they like her because she did something no one else has done: she overlooked the half of the pair everyone talks about (Matt) and noticed the half that (non-Matt) fans make fun of, Simon. While fans seem to appreciate them as a pair, people don't seem to focus on just him. She really went out of her way for Simon and he liked it enough to contact her to thank her directly.

Can you imagine being Simon but having Matt as your husband? If you didn't have a complex at that point you'd probably develop one.

by Anonymousreply 502October 11, 2018 7:07 PM

You really think Mr Peabody wants attention from that bridge and tunnel trash?

by Anonymousreply 503October 11, 2018 7:35 PM

He liked the attention enough to accept the gift, read her letter, contact her directly (when he doesn't do that at all to fans) and make sure she sees them wear that hat in photos which is a common thing celebs do to fan gifts they appreciate.

You're just mad that "bridge and tunnel trash" got attention from someone you never will by actually doing something [bold]kind[/bold] other than tweeting or posting bile.

by Anonymousreply 504October 11, 2018 7:54 PM

That Italian group he follows on IG also post a lot about Simon too. They're the only fan group he follows on there.

by Anonymousreply 505October 11, 2018 8:01 PM

And when the Italian family came to LA and went to Bruce Bozzi's restaurant hoping to "meet" Matt, Bruce called Matt and Matt drove from his home to Bruce's restaurant and met them in person.

Who else would do that for a group of fans?

by Anonymousreply 506October 11, 2018 8:06 PM

Stupid AIDS Walk Milwaukee, all they had to do was tell Bruce Bozzi to tell Matt to come to Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 507October 11, 2018 8:15 PM

R499 mmmmhhh

I don't understand all the attention they are giving to that tattooed woman.

by Anonymousreply 508October 11, 2018 9:16 PM

This says it all. Simon, get the luggage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509October 11, 2018 9:27 PM

Simon looks so old

by Anonymousreply 510October 11, 2018 9:43 PM

They also changed hats.

Simon clearly treats him like a Queen.

by Anonymousreply 511October 11, 2018 9:55 PM

R509 I bet people at Heathrow thought, “Look at the lazy young man making his father carry his luggage.”

by Anonymousreply 512October 11, 2018 10:03 PM

Damn guys older than 30 should not wear baseball hats

by Anonymousreply 513October 11, 2018 10:07 PM

She's a Trump supporter, yet it doesn't seem to bother anyone, not even her Mexican and Muslim friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514October 11, 2018 10:30 PM

R514, she's not a Trump supporter.

She's just a football fan that doesn't believe players have the right to kneel instead of stand for the anthem which is also terrible.

by Anonymousreply 515October 11, 2018 10:41 PM

the contrast between Matt who is looking flawlessly with his make up and Simon who ages naturally starts looking creepy

by Anonymousreply 516October 11, 2018 10:55 PM

Duckling is reverting again to his kabuki makeup and mannequin like facade. Far cry from when he was doing BITB and he looked so natural and robust.

by Anonymousreply 517October 11, 2018 11:01 PM

R514 It should bother Matt!

by Anonymousreply 518October 12, 2018 12:05 AM

Matt needs to look good for his public appearances the next few days. Wonder if he and Simon will vacation afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 519October 12, 2018 12:46 AM

Isn’t Papi Chulo a small Indie? Who’s paying for his & his Mr’s travel n stuff?

by Anonymousreply 520October 12, 2018 1:24 AM

What's this weird trend here where everyone is so concerned about his finances?

by Anonymousreply 521October 12, 2018 3:05 AM

Net worth and sizemeat verificatia are the main currencies of DL.

by Anonymousreply 522October 12, 2018 3:23 AM

Is anyone planning on ordering that DC streaming service and watching Doom Patrol or are we just waiting for the edit of less than 10 scenes Matt's probably actually in?

by Anonymousreply 523October 12, 2018 4:16 AM

The latter.

by Anonymousreply 524October 12, 2018 5:01 AM

Oh there's another photo that appears that someone else is carrying Matt's luggage and Simon is carrying his own. That's a lot of suitcases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 12, 2018 5:27 AM

How long is he staying in London?

by Anonymousreply 526October 12, 2018 5:36 AM

Is Matt a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 527October 12, 2018 5:39 AM

It’s like heaven inside there.

by Anonymousreply 528October 12, 2018 6:00 AM

How much makeup is he wearing? He looks like a drag queen. Jeez no wonder he can’t book a role, no one will hire a 41 year old man who wears as much makeup as Lucille Ball in Mame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529October 12, 2018 6:15 AM

What do you mean he can’t book a role? He’s had plenty of them in the last year. You don’t know what he has planned for next year, but maybe he’s going to take a little time off between now and then. Or maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 530October 12, 2018 6:33 AM

You can't even see his face properly, but it does not look like any make-up at all. He looks kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 531October 12, 2018 10:12 AM

He's wearing makeup R531.

He always gets photographed leaving or arriving at airports and has for years, there are hundreds of photos. He knew he'd be photographed, especially during a time when a film festival is about to take place.

Matt still has a nice clean face even without it.

by Anonymousreply 532October 12, 2018 10:28 AM

Did they make the royal wedding? Simon alone is more famous than most of the 'celebrity' guests.

by Anonymousreply 533October 12, 2018 11:10 AM

Oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534October 12, 2018 3:42 PM

Lot of selfies on his IG. Is Simon not there to take the pictures?

by Anonymousreply 535October 12, 2018 4:06 PM

R535, Simon is probably carrying something...

by Anonymousreply 536October 12, 2018 4:29 PM

Frau Fest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 12, 2018 4:42 PM

Matt and Simon look so happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 12, 2018 5:25 PM

Mr Peabody looks like a disheveled alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 539October 12, 2018 5:37 PM

He's surrounded in this pic lol saw a few people tweet that the small red carpet was a mess. Looks like a freeforall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 12, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote]Lot of selfies on his IG. Is Simon not there to take the pictures?

R535 Maybe Simon didn't feel like taking pictures of his husband all damn day for his instagram?

Or maybe as R536 said, he was carrying his gym bags, luggage, shopping bags, holding a door or twirling an umbrella over his head.

by Anonymousreply 541October 12, 2018 6:41 PM

Looking friendly with the crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542October 12, 2018 7:15 PM

Looking beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543October 12, 2018 7:18 PM

R542 I think that's John Butler's father that Matt is smiling at in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 544October 12, 2018 8:09 PM

yes he was really friendly and stayed also after the screening to take selfies (Simon was standimg unbothered nearby).

the movie was good and his acting was great, i really liked he even changed the way he walks in the movie

by Anonymousreply 545October 12, 2018 8:10 PM

Damn Simon is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 546October 12, 2018 8:23 PM

No. He is not.

by Anonymousreply 547October 12, 2018 8:24 PM

Ok R547. You decide

by Anonymousreply 548October 12, 2018 8:26 PM

hahaha. I just don't find him handsome at all.

by Anonymousreply 549October 12, 2018 8:28 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 12, 2018 8:28 PM

Simon looks good at R547. Some fans said they got a picture with Simon, too. I guess they’re glad Matt’s fans like them together.

by Anonymousreply 551October 12, 2018 10:26 PM

Sorry - meant R542

by Anonymousreply 552October 12, 2018 10:26 PM

Seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 12, 2018 10:37 PM

Just imagine Matt sucking off that old man. Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 554October 12, 2018 10:38 PM

Simon with one of Matt's Italian fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 12, 2018 11:25 PM

It's like a lot of Matt's fans wanted to meet Simon just as much as Matt. Actually surprised he agreed to get pictures with them. He's always appeared to be extremely low key and in the shadows

by Anonymousreply 556October 13, 2018 12:25 AM

Simon looks relaxed, like he’s having fun. Does he have any clients at the London Film Fest or is he just accompanying Matt?

by Anonymousreply 557October 13, 2018 12:28 AM

When and where can Papi Chulo be seen in the US?

by Anonymousreply 558October 13, 2018 12:30 AM

R557 that Steve Carrell/Timote Chamelot film is premiering tomorrow at the festival. Simon reps the director.

R558 from what I read in an article the film won't be out in the States until March 2019.

by Anonymousreply 559October 13, 2018 12:43 AM

why so long?

by Anonymousreply 560October 13, 2018 12:50 AM

Most films usually hit the festival circuit months before an official release.

Oh Matt's IG story lol wonder did Simon accompany him and John to G-A-Y.

by Anonymousreply 561October 13, 2018 12:57 AM

R554, lots of younger guys like older men. Both of his ex's we know about before Simon were much older than him. IDK there's something hot about it.

R561, I wonder where they stashed John's parents since he was with them before and after. HAHA

by Anonymousreply 562October 13, 2018 2:49 AM

Some of the fans who went last night really liked Simon. I don't get wanting a picture with him but I guess most are probably curious to see what he's like (and why Matt ended up going for someone like him)

by Anonymousreply 563October 13, 2018 8:03 AM

Nobody ever gets a pic with both them at the same time. That might be fun.

by Anonymousreply 564October 13, 2018 8:06 AM

Matt appears dead behind the eyes with the Italian fan, maybe he was tired. Simon seems much more animated.

Usually Simon is taking the pictures. I think pictures with Simon are just a way of showing respect and acknowledging his presence.

by Anonymousreply 565October 13, 2018 8:28 AM

[quote]Matt appears dead behind the eyes with the Italian fan, maybe he was tired.

They flew 11 and a half hours. Matt said more than once on they were jetlagged. Also he flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles a couple of days before.

There were so many pictures with his hair sticking straight up in the air, not even in a cute way but in an "I don't care" way, that he was clearly over it and on autopilot.

[quote]I think pictures with Simon are just a way of showing respect and acknowledging his presence.

Simon always seems happy to see how fans react to his husband and I agree but it seems like, since this summer, he's been more willing to interact with them. I feel like if Matt likes him then maybe I should too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566October 13, 2018 9:50 AM

I agree he goes on autopilot once he starts talking to fans - once he was taken away from them by security his body language changed etc. But I don't blame him - it must be exhausting to have the same conversation over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 567October 13, 2018 9:56 AM

Totally R567, and if you add in the fact that he had to do it all summer for BitB, all the events associated with it, then at Toronto and now here he must be one hell of a guy to be able to handle all of that. Everyone, including reporters, talked about how friendly and kind he was in Toronto and London. I think most celebs would have taken a break by now. The man even liked nearly every tweet telling him "Happy Birthday" between all of that. I wish they gave out Oscars for kindness.

by Anonymousreply 568October 13, 2018 10:23 AM

Someone on twitter said they gifted Matt a photobook/scrapbook filled with pictures of him and Simon. Another large group of fans had full out banners professionally made that said "Happy Birthday Matt! Free hugs awaiting you here." and "Wherever you will be... we will always be with you...". Do these fangirls not have boundaries? I fully understand going to a movie showing to support an artist you're a fan of, but some of these girls get way too invested. I genuinely wonder how they don't get embarrassed being middle aged+ women pulling this type of stuff. This type of stalkerish obsession is the same thing that led to their over the top disappointment and anger after the AIDS walk fiasco. Just sayin!

by Anonymousreply 569October 13, 2018 1:44 PM

R569 that kind of stuff happens within all fandoms. There's always a fan over the top fans who are shameless. Perks of being well-known I guess! But I would agree that his fans are a little old to be acting like lovestruck teens. If they were teenage girls you'd just laugh or you probably not even notice it, but when it's women in the 40/50s you do scratch your head a little at their behaviour l.

by Anonymousreply 570October 13, 2018 1:56 PM

Matt was at the Q&A of this afternoon's showing. John said he brought Matt around Soho last night. They ditched Simon lol always got the impression that Matt would rather not have Simon around, except to hold his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 571October 13, 2018 4:45 PM

Matt and Simon were walking around London and were stopped by a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 13, 2018 6:22 PM

His over the top fans are harmless, and he loves the attention.

by Anonymousreply 573October 13, 2018 6:23 PM

R571, I think holding Matt's stuff is a byproduct of his normal job. It's possible he wants to. If my husband looked like that I'd do anything he wanted. Maybe Simon didn't feel like going out late, he is much older than him. LOL

From the photos from today it looks like Matt buffed out that scratch on his head with a ton of makeup. He's a star! lol

by Anonymousreply 574October 13, 2018 6:42 PM

Fans love Simon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 14, 2018 1:39 PM

From John Butler’s instagram it looks like they got a distributor for UK

by Anonymousreply 576October 14, 2018 8:32 PM

looks like some fans went to far to get close to Matt and lack of security didn't help either. Seems like Simon was happy about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577October 15, 2018 10:37 AM

R577 I should have said, Simon WASN'T happy! opps.

by Anonymousreply 578October 15, 2018 10:39 AM

Matt and Simon are now in Dublin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579October 15, 2018 11:17 AM

DAMN Mr Peabody you need a hair thickener

by Anonymousreply 580October 15, 2018 11:23 AM

Simon looks so sexy! Matt seems very happy! Cute couple!

by Anonymousreply 581October 15, 2018 11:27 AM

Matt told some fans during BitB that he'd be going to Ireland. I guess this is an actual vacation for them. They look great.

by Anonymousreply 582October 15, 2018 2:10 PM

Papi Chulo is an Irish film financed by their film council.

by Anonymousreply 583October 15, 2018 2:12 PM

As far as we know, R583, they have nothing scheduled at the moment in Ireland in terms of premieres.

You do know Matt lived in Ireland & worked as a waiter and bartender in Galway, long before all of this right? He rarely ever talks about it but he used to quite a bit.

That's where he is at the moment according to a recent instagram pic from another account.

by Anonymousreply 584October 15, 2018 4:29 PM

Another great review for Papi Chulo:

After a mental breakdown whilst presenting the weather on live TV after a bad break up, Sean (Matt Bomer) is told to take some time off. During this time, he hires Ernesto (Alejandro Patiño) for work labour, but soon begins to pay him to go on excursions and day trips he used to enjoy with his partner. Director John Butler has described Papi Chulo as a comedy about loneliness, but there’s a lot more hidden within the depths of this hugely enjoyable film. There’s a sense that the dynamic duos adventures could become tedious or repetitive as the plot advances but Bomer and Patiño bring an abundance of charm to the pairs’ friendship. As Ernesto’s “job” becomes less work and more play, a mutual respect seems to form between them. As Sean uses Ernesto to unload his personal issues, the mismatch friendship blossoms into something we genuine believe in. We see Sean not allowing people to bad mouth Ernesto and witness Ernesto recognising the pain Sean is in and being there for him. When Papi Chulo wants to tackle the more serious, sadder side to Sean’s handling of his break-up, it does so with a natural glint. Because Bloomer has portrayed Sean as such a kind-hearted man throughout, we do get swept up with emotion as his anxieties and grief get the better of him. Late nights alone with nothing but the distant hyenas to keep him company are harrowing to watch. As word gets around about what he’s up to, the mockery begins. Because we see his life in full however, you feel so awful when little comments clearly get to him. He wears a mask when around others, hiding all his true feelings. When his emotions start to crack through this however, it really hits you.

Bomer is astounding in a seemingly simple role. His dilemma with painting over the circle left by his ex’s tree is so interesting as he shows us that this is Sean’s main coping mechanism. Like the empty circle on his decking, he is merely wanting to paint over the issue, despite a lot more work needing to be done. His late night phone calls to his ex show the vulnerabilities many have suffered when not fully getting over someone. It’s so uncomfortable to watch as it’s such a raw and perfect representation of loneliness, something we don’t see portrayed to this level often. A brilliant script allows writer-director John Butler to tackle cultural barriers inside the stories main plot. Sean tries extra hard to make Ernesto feel welcomed into his home and to treat him as a friend, not an employee. Ernesto realises quickly Sean is gay but this doesn’t change his mood on the matter, he still shrugs in agreement at things he doesn’t fully understand. In these tense political times, seeing a middle class gay man and an working class Latino forming a friendship over one’s battle with loneliness really help remind you how wholesome and great humans can be. Papi Chulo has been the surprise of London Film Festival this year. By not relying on just having a mismatched pair go on wacky adventures, we’re treated to a story that shows heartbreak and grief as well as bittersweet happiness and moments of pure charm. Bomer’s performance is near perfect and this in turn leads to a huge investment into Sean’s personal battles. It’s a timely film, but unlike others it brings a huge smile to your face. It’s a reminder of how good the world can be at a time when it really isn’t that great. Papi Chulo is currently screening at Film Festivals around the World. There is currently no distribution deal in place for a UK release, but we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know.

by Anonymousreply 585October 16, 2018 2:20 PM

Thank you for the source link, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 586October 16, 2018 2:29 PM

not 585 but here's the source

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 16, 2018 5:40 PM

R586 Give it a rest slag. You know you would rather drink a steaming cup of shit mixed with Ebola than read anything positive about Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 588October 16, 2018 6:07 PM

Sucks that there is no distribution deal as yet.

by Anonymousreply 589October 16, 2018 6:19 PM

John Butler said he would have some news on that - it sounded they got one during the festival

by Anonymousreply 590October 16, 2018 6:50 PM

r586 What a miserable, sad man.

by Anonymousreply 591October 16, 2018 7:07 PM

That pic with Simon is the most liked post of his ig. They are couple goals.

by Anonymousreply 592October 16, 2018 7:17 PM

You mean you want to marry your father too?

by Anonymousreply 593October 16, 2018 7:18 PM

That's reaching a bit. Its only a 13 year age difference. And guys go gray early all the time.

by Anonymousreply 594October 16, 2018 7:59 PM

One of the first rules of Datalounge, even in the Help section is [bold]DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.[/bold]

The Duckling troll is a troll and will always say horrible things about Matt just to piss people off when everyone is being positive especially about that beautiful picture of Matt and Simon.

If you press the button to the Bottom Right (of every entry) that has the Cross Out Circle and the person's head all of the offender's posts will disappear.

If you press the FF button the post gets reported and ends up in "Flames and Freaks." If it gets reported enough the person is banned but only do that if someone is doing something crazy like stalking someone.

by Anonymousreply 595October 16, 2018 10:39 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 596October 16, 2018 10:41 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 597October 16, 2018 10:41 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 598October 16, 2018 10:42 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 599October 16, 2018 10:42 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 600October 16, 2018 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!