Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls part 6!

Continue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 3, 2018 3:50 PM

Where is Simon now? Are the boys out of camp? My understanding is that they were going to spend the last few weeks of BITB in NY.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2018 12:18 AM

Post in previous has a tweet with Matt at the stage door on Monday night and it looks like Simon in the background. I get the vibe that all isn't good in the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2018 8:09 AM

Kids could probably be there for the first two weeks in August. Matt said last summer that kid was in camp for a month so it's likely the kids are spending July in camp. Clearly Jimmy Fallon was told by his publicist that the family was coming out to NYC for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2018 8:52 AM

If that's him R2, maybe he just doesn't want to be around his fans.

He ignored one when they called out to him before, had people talking to his kids including that creepy lady that was posting where she saw them and that she spoke to him and them, then got a gift and a letter from one of Matt's more zealous fans. The last time anyone spotted him he was in a car and met Matt after the show but didn't go near them. It was obviously him that night since he responded to the gift/letter the next morning.

And even when the kids get out of camp or if they are, it's clear they all know how not to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2018 8:59 AM

R2 What gives you the vibe that things aren't good between them? I really hope your not basing this on a pic taken at stage door.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2018 9:00 AM

Like for the majority of their relationship, it's all speculation about the current state of their marriage. We'll know more in the weeks and months after the play has ended. Matt has continually worn his wedding ring after the show at the stage door most nights and was wearing it last night. Whether that indicates anything or not, who knows.

Simon always likes to keep a low profile. I can imagine he was pissed off when that fan said hi to the kids when Matt wasn't there. Not to mention that letter must be been creepy to receive.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2018 9:16 AM

R6 I think he's just staying back and out of sight because some of Matt's fans, especially the one who gave him a gift and a letter and the other fan who said hi to him and the kids, she used their names when he look them to see the Spongebob musical. That must of scared the kids.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2018 9:28 AM

Matt's stans and their lack of boundaries. Weird. Simon's probably used to seeing crazy fans as a publicist but different when it's strangers talking to your own kids.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2018 9:37 AM

If there were issues he wouldn't be wearing his wedding ring, especially since he can get away with not wearing it after having to change all the time.

They were both still liking photos of the both of them posted by fans.

His husband wouldn't be randomly meeting him at the stage door. That's not something you do to someone you have issues with.

And interviewers that know them both wouldn't have been bringing Simon up to him.

He also still refers to things as being theirs if he ever does talk about his personal life.

I just think he's avoiding the fans. Also that talking to the kids lady was the second person that did that. Someone else posted they did when Simon brought them to the show. It would annoy the hell out of me if someone spoke to my children I didn't know. You speak to ME.

The only time I've ever heard Simon even speak was when he was yanked on camera after Matt won the Golden Globe. Otherwise as R6 says he keeps a low profile.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2018 9:41 AM

Why are people posting in this thread? The other thread isn’t full yet

FF OP

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2018 10:00 AM

Let's finish the other thread, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2018 11:13 AM

When did DL turn into Tumblr? This is so boring and predictable!

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 1:28 PM

You're looking too much into it. They have a different lifestyle to most couples, because of job schedules, and it works for them.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2018 8:40 PM

He DMd the fan who gave him the jacket at the stage door. That was nice of him. The tweet exchange there between and the other fan is funny as the other woman clearly wants a DM off him now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2018 8:59 PM

R14 the other fan got very jealous hahaha

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2018 9:20 PM

R14 Simon also DM'd her to thank her for his gift. That other fan always gets jealous when Matt reponse to other fans.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2018 9:42 PM

She clearly made an impression on both of them. Decent of them to thank her privately. Yeah R16, I figured that other lady was a little OTT during that Twitter exchange when she called others two-faced who don't care about Matt like she does. Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2018 10:00 PM

I don't know this lady and only just glanced over her timeline, but she seems like she might be pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2018 10:04 PM

You guys are super creepy, talking about the whereabouts of the children and whatnot, on a public forum.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2018 10:08 PM

His main fandom is made up of older women who act like teenage girls online. So random.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2018 10:11 PM

What happened to his movie Anything? I had it in my Netflix DVD queue for the past couple of weeks then this morning I noticed the number of titles in my queue had dropped one. It took me a while to figure out that the title that was removed was Anything. So I checked my saved queue (which is where something goes when it vanishes from my DVD queue) and it wasn't there either. In case I accidentally deleted it, I did a search for it and it's not on the site at all. I even checked under Matt's filmography page in case it had been given a new title. Nope. It's been completely removed from Netflix.

What's the story behind that? More trans backlash? Late minute distributor issues? Will it ever see the light of day (outside of a film festival)?

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2018 10:11 PM

Anything was never scheduled for a Netflix distribution as far as I'm aware R21 and was never on Netflix. People would have said in line whether it was for a Netflix release.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2018 10:18 PM

Anything was on my Netflix DVD queue last night before I went to bed, R22. What can I tell you?

I know Netflix has done mass purgings of foreign movies (especially French, Chinese, Japanese and Korean) over the past few months and those were ultimately blamed on distributor issues so maybe that's the case with Anything too though the distributor's other recent movie Krystal (starring Rosario Dawson) is still on there.

I just checked Amazon and they have no trace of the movie on there either so I wonder if Anything got dropped by its distributor at the last minute considering it kept getting mentioned in those articles recently about Scarlett Johansson dropping out of Rub and Tug. The controversy may have given them pause and they thought "fuck this" and dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2018 10:46 PM

Again, Anything was never slated for an Amazon release either. The only distribution I've heard of is in the UK online in the next week or so. It would have been somewhere online if it was due for Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2018 10:58 PM

Anything was a disaster of a project. Matt's probably glad it's essentially dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2018 11:06 PM

Anything was Bomer at Peak Duckling. Imagine, dressing up as a trannie to please Mark Ruffalo who doesn’t even spell your name right.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2018 11:39 PM

Go to Google, type in "anything matt bomer netflix" and the third option down will be Netflix's website which goes to Matt's filmography page and you can see Anything is listed there in the cache. If you click on the link, it's not there anymore but you can see it there in the Google cache just below the link.

This is what it looks like right under the link:

Rent Matt Bomer Movies on DVD and Blu-ray - DVD Netflix Matt Bomer in The Nice Guys The Nice Guys; Matt Bomer in Walking Out Walking Out; Matt Bomer in Anything Anything; Matt Bomer in Winter's Tale Winter's ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2018 11:52 PM

Looks like Matt and Simon will be chairs at GLSEN again this year with some other famous couples.

Already planning for life after the play. Only a couple of more weeks left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2018 2:37 AM

Armie Hammer replied to Matt's instagram post of his 2014 OUT magazine cover "if I had ovaries they'd have exploded"

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2018 3:29 AM

Is Armie bi?

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2018 4:29 AM

What a ridiculous name btw

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2018 4:30 AM

Wonder what she heard?? I'm guessing it was something to do with Matt and Simon. Or Matt cheating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2018 5:08 AM

I hope it's neither

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote]Wonder what she heard?? I'm guessing it was something to do with Matt and Simon. Or Matt cheating

Doubt it. She's still having fun at the show. Someone that emotionally invested in them would have left or had a nervous breakdown.

She probably heard what people have been saying about her.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2018 5:24 AM

Hmmmm I don't know. To say "shouldn't have come tonight" "heard a few things" "absolutely gutted" sounds like she heard something while she was there about Matt. Why else would she be so vague. Her next tweet is like "still heartbroken but glad to be here". Would she really be that devastated because people say a few things about her online? I'm sure she's used to it. Ugh, why do people have to be so vague

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2018 5:30 AM

Attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2018 5:32 AM

The only person she seems to be friendly with there is security so how would she have heard anything about him?

She's not backstage. I'm sure she'll say more at some point.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2018 5:33 AM

What else could she really mean though? Her earlier tweets said she brought the pre-show meal in the Palm so she could have seen or heard someone in the know saying something. Or she could have been waiting around the theatre and heard people involved in the show talk. Need more details. Could finally be some actual gossip about the guy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2018 5:38 AM

She finally heard about the affair? Way to go, Miss Marple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2018 5:49 AM

The only logical thing is that she heard not so savoury things about Matt and Simon. But her tweet said someone "told her" who told her? Hard to phantom someone just going up and saying, "oh he's cheating".

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2018 5:54 AM

To be fair R38, you also thought that a photo of Simon, meeting Matt but not standing right next to him also meant that they were breaking up.

And now you've roused the Duckling Troll from her slumber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2018 5:56 AM

If Duckling leaves Mr Peabody for Rannells I will never call him Duckling again!

Mr Peabody will always be Mr Peabody.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2018 5:59 AM

Er I'd didn't suggest that Simon not standing to Matt was a sign of trouble. I added that on to post at the end as an observation. Who knows what goes on in that relationship? For all we know, they have an open relationship. We'll see in the next few months whether they stay together or not. If that woman actually elaborates further on Twitter than we'll have a better idea.

Simon liked that pic that Michael B Washington posted of him and Rannells earlier today.

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2018 6:08 AM

R43 If Simon liked the photo then Matt it's obviously not cheating with Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2018 6:13 AM

And Rannells' ex, Mike Doyle, has liked photos of them both.

They're also scheduled to appear as a couple in October at Glsen which was just announced today.

It's sad that he went rumorless for years until he did a show with other out gay men.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2018 6:16 AM

It's because him and Rannells have been extremely touchy feely with each other the last few months. Obviously people are going to talk. He's been more affectionate with Rannells than this own husband.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2018 6:23 AM

He said himself they're all affectionate but "platonically" at least twice.

They all seem to be touchy feely, the problem is that he's the one that's married.

We've never seen him work with other out gay people before that he's known for decades.

But it does seem like those two very explicitly stopped that and have been separated from one another in photos at events since the day after WWHL aired with Matt keeping his hands in front of him. Matt very pointedly didn't post a picture of the "kiss" on his instagram.

I felt like he caught wind of what people were saying and was uncomfortable.

I suspect he knows the Datalounge exists (even Andy Cohen does) because he always pointedly addresses anything people are talking about here.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2018 6:33 AM

She updated. Doesn't seem like she's upset with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2018 6:35 AM

She deleted the the original tweet too. Which makes me more curious. Wish she'd address it or give an indication of what she meant.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2018 6:37 AM

Oh that's annoying that she deleted the tweet. I do wonder what she was talking about it what someone told her.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2018 6:43 AM

She didn't even give any indication of who told her, what they told her, or what or who it was even about.

Maybe R36 was right with "attention seeky" and she probably realized it and deleted the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2018 6:46 AM

She was being intentionally vague too. Who would have told her something too? She's just a random fan-someone in the know would hardly go over and spill the tea. Unless it was just someone telling her rumours or that they saw something.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2018 6:53 AM

She's more than crazy but suddenly she's credible when you think she has tea to spill? Bitch loves attention. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Changing the subject for us Europeans and the night owls

does anyone remember the name of the animated movie Matt was supposed to do but he said got scrapped?

Is it the one that's been on his imdb page forever?

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2018 7:03 AM

She seemed pretty devastated and then suddenly she's delighted when she sees him. Weird. Someone probably told her something but she doesn't have the neck to tell anyone. I can't imagine anyone who would have insider knowledge would rock up to a fan decked out in clothes with his name all over it and tell her gossip.

Think it was called BOO or something R55

by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2018 7:06 AM

Thanks R56. I've been wondering for a few days!

As for that woman, it could have been related to the tickets she was going on and on about a few days ago, it could of been that he threw out fan's gifts, they could of been doing coke in a bathroom, who knows?

Whatever it may have been she got over it. She seems to be happy she saw him and seems to have enjoyed the show but she's not upset with him so that means something.

Out of the countless people who have seen the show and been back stage no one has ever said anything scandalous. I doubt she'd be the only person to find out something.

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2018 7:17 AM

Yeah another tweet she said she was happy he stopped for her and wanted to let him know she'll always support him. Weird. Could have been something about Simon she heard too. Something not so good about him. What an annoying tweet to send out and not give any context. Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2018 7:27 AM

She just did it for attention. Why tweet something like that and then delete it? It was all for attention.

Other Matt fans that have been stage door said that security told them that when Simon is there Matt won't do stage door. Some even saw him waiting for Matt earlier this week and said hi to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2018 9:23 AM

Another fan tweeting earlier this week about Simon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2018 9:25 AM

Well we know that Simon was there until at least Weds. And he was friendly with fans.

She tweeted again giving out people criticising the tweet for being vague. Can't be 100% sure but looks like it wasn't about Matt. She said she just wanted good vibes and that the trip was tough on her.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2018 9:46 AM

Seems like the midnight show let out late US time on Thursday, I can imagine even if Simon is still around he wouldn't be up that late if he didn't have to be.

There's also no reason to show up to his work place every day. It's sweet that he meets him.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2018 10:16 AM

One of the fans said that Matt was the first to come out and leave but didn't stop to sign. He stopped briefly and said hello to some fans and then left.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2018 10:38 AM

There is no need for Simon to be at every show. They have their kids with them, I'd imagine that midnight is way past their bed time. I'm pretty sure Simon will be at closing night.

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2018 11:12 AM

Are the kids back in NYC? Fans said they saw Simon and Tuesday but never said anything about the kids

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2018 11:21 AM

R65 I'm assuming that they are but U don't know for sure

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2018 11:24 AM

The kids went to camp for the month of July.

That crazy fan probably heard someone making fun of over the top fans like her, who wear clothes with his name drawn on them and come to multiple shows. Probably took a little wind out of her sails for awhile. She’s spent a lot of money playing Superfan and trying to get his attention. Probably didn’t feel good to be ridiculed. But she recovered when she saw him and he called her by name. Made it all worthwhile after all.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2018 12:14 PM

Link to this DL thread came up on the Twitter feed about Matt....

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2018 12:35 PM

I think some of the fans may have seen it-judging by her latest tweet . She seems very upset about the reaction that original tweet caused.

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2018 12:51 PM

If the tweet had nothing to do with Matt and/or Simon she should have said that. She created this mess herself. Now people are speculating as to what it could be about with some fans even DMing Matt and attacking her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2018 1:10 PM

She brought it on herself though. She tweeted put something that could easily be taken the wrong way and then gets annoyed when people starts to gossip. It looks like it wasn't really about Matt since she still called him her hero but you never know. If she did hear something and didn't want people to know the she shouldn't have tweeted

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2018 1:32 PM

Andrew will be such a fun step daddy to the boys.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2018 2:07 PM

Hint to sensitive people: The Internet is full of strangers who may not be your friends.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2018 2:21 PM

I feel bad for her but if Matt was letting her message him a couple of times she should have kept that private. That was a gift to her. No need to mention it to everyone.

Most celebrities ignore their DMs if they're kind enough to follow you or talk to only other verified accounts and people they know. He should stick to doing that.

While what she tweeted was likely not about Matt, since from what I'm reading here it sounded like it was about her, being vague about it for attention didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2018 3:16 PM

I think we she mentioned the DMs it made other fans jealous or annoyed. Fandoms can be as toxic as hell and she should have known better then to tweet it out publicly. God knows what that other tweet was about but she opened a can of worms there.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2018 3:27 PM

Simon is the love of his life, Matt said "My one and only", They are good, Simon waits for him after work like a good and sweet hubby. I hate fans like that one, they create drama for attention and then they blame others. I wonder if we are going to see Matt and hubby on vacation this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2018 3:42 PM

R76 They probably have a vacation planned once the play finishes, as for getting paparazzi pics I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2018 5:16 PM

How many of the stalkers (oh I'm sorry, fans) posting here and on Twitter will be camping out in the sand dunes when they do, R77? I understand being a fan of a celebrity but these women who know EVERYTHING about these guy's daily activities are quite simply frightening. I hope Matt and Simon's home has excellent security. I anticipate a Rebecca Schaeffer type incident at this rate. Don't answer the door, boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2018 5:23 PM

[quote]They probably have a vacation planned once the play finishes

Yeah, a vacation from each other!

by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2018 5:27 PM

Simon is hot.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2018 6:06 PM

Simon looks like a sexy college professor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2018 6:19 PM

R81 Eat him with a spoon, I would....except he's Matt's, of course.

by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2018 6:43 PM

R78, this thread has been on Datalounge in one incarnation or another for almost a decade. The only difference between now and then is that the thread seems populated by ALL women fans from Twitter who decided to nest in it since they can't speak freely there.

But your comment was not funny in the least especially after writing several post essays "arguing/insisting" you saw Anything in your Netflix query, is truly the scariest thing I've ever read in several years of popping into this thread. Not even the Duckling Troll would go there but you did. In the past when someone would post something like you just did the thread would get closed down. (Everyone knows about this thread.) Hopefully this one will too so you can go back to wherever you came from.

by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2018 9:16 PM

So we're not allowed to state the fact that a Matt Bomer movie is (was) on Netflix now? Wow. By the way, did you bother to google "anything matt bomer netflix" as I suggested upthread so you could see the google cache that clearly lists Anything on Matt's filmography page on Netflix (proving that it indeed was on the site recently)? I'm guessing not because you'd rather shriek and lie and be a contrarian like the troll that you are.

By the way, dear, I've been here for over a decade myself. Don't let my DL cookies fool you.

by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2018 9:20 PM

R83. Mmmhmmm. Scariest thing you’ve ever read. Ok. Trump is President, you know

by Anonymousreply 85July 28, 2018 1:42 AM

I'm not on Twitter. People are posting about the fans, because that's where the information about Matt and Simon is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 86July 28, 2018 2:15 AM

Some of Matt’s fans have more drama in their lives to gossip about than Matt has in his. The promotional interviews and the photos from the stagedoor the last few months have been fun, though.

by Anonymousreply 87July 28, 2018 3:01 AM

You can tell Simon is back in town because he is dressing like a retarded duckling again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 28, 2018 5:52 AM

Where does Matt acquire his shorts? All dreadful, are tailored shorts not available in the US?

by Anonymousreply 89July 28, 2018 1:53 PM

Love those pink shorts!

by Anonymousreply 90July 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Simon and the kids waiting for Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 28, 2018 8:18 PM

See trolls? everything is OK in that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 92July 28, 2018 8:41 PM

I wonder if Simon brings Matt some different clothes when he comes to town. I imagine what they bring in one trip might be limited and so in going back and forth between home, Simon might bring some different things.

by Anonymousreply 93July 28, 2018 9:23 PM

Look how sexless and childlike he dresses when Simon is around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 28, 2018 10:15 PM

I'm still with the person that said he looked like he was running out of clothes a couple of weeks ago when he wore the white skinny jeans. He probably doesn't want to wear the same thing twice since people take his photo nearly every day so we're down to those shorts.

by Anonymousreply 95July 28, 2018 10:32 PM

He's totally cute in whatever he wears....

by Anonymousreply 96July 28, 2018 10:33 PM

He's better looking than 99 percent of the men on the planet and he could be wearing a burlap sack.

by Anonymousreply 97July 28, 2018 10:40 PM

Only on DL would fangurls believe that duckling wore skintight slutty jeans because he was running out of clothes while living the middle of Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 98July 28, 2018 10:40 PM

I only wore this because it’s laundry day! It has nothing to do with a battering ram going up against my prostate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 28, 2018 10:43 PM

He's rockin the uber casual look.

by Anonymousreply 100July 28, 2018 10:51 PM

[R99] You mean Simon's battering ram!

by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2018 11:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 28, 2018 11:06 PM

The old moose was in LA when that photo was taken

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2018 11:11 PM

He wore that tank top on the 4th of July didn't he? Simon was in New York for some of that week according to fan tweets. He was pictured backstage the day before they 4th.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2018 11:17 PM

Contrary to popular belief R98, even people with money don't want to necessarily go out and buy clothes every single day when he probably already has plenty.

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2018 11:22 PM

I would say Matt wears whatever is most comfortable to him when he gets done for the night.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2018 11:28 PM

Didn't he once tell a story about guilt shopping on Amazon for his husband and kids when he was away doing White Collar & it got so bad Simon had to ask him to stop?

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2018 11:30 PM

R107 Yes, I remember that. He said packages would arrive at their house daily.

by Anonymousreply 108July 29, 2018 12:11 AM

About Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 29, 2018 1:46 PM

This is something we hear quite a bit...that Simon is even better looking in person.

by Anonymousreply 110July 29, 2018 6:01 PM

I don't think Simon photographs well, I'm sure he's better looking in person. Many people who have seen him say the same.

by Anonymousreply 111July 29, 2018 8:54 PM

I think Simon looks good in photos but he is just one of those people who is more impressive face-to-face. I have seen a few of those through the years.

by Anonymousreply 112July 29, 2018 9:32 PM

Mr Peabody is most impressive when emerging from the morning mist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2018 9:41 PM

R113 What an impressive rack his has! Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 114July 29, 2018 9:44 PM

I'd like to see Matt in dad mode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Have Simon and boys left NYC already?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 30, 2018 5:24 PM

He is riding on a carousel with his little clone on his Story right now.

by Anonymousreply 117July 30, 2018 6:04 PM

Well no considering someone saw him go into a Subway on his own less than an hour ago. Looks like they were at a pier yesterday so video could be from them. BTW. Walker looks a lot like Simon

by Anonymousreply 118July 30, 2018 6:12 PM

Why, is Walker growing antlers now?

by Anonymousreply 119July 30, 2018 6:18 PM

I like when he shares something private about his life! It's sweet! Yesterday he did an ig story with people dancing at the pier, I wonder if he danced with Simon too, that would be sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 30, 2018 6:19 PM

To what extend are recent fashion choices down to a recent weight problem.

by Anonymousreply 121July 30, 2018 6:22 PM

R121 ????

by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2018 6:22 PM

Simon and Kit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2018 6:43 PM

Kit is so tall. Inherited Simon's height.

by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Say what you want but they are such a cute family. They look very happy.

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Simon looks handsome in that story. Always thought he looked better in casual clothes than wearing a suit.

by Anonymousreply 126July 30, 2018 7:12 PM

Do the kids call Simon, "Papa," and Matt, "Dad?"

by Anonymousreply 127July 30, 2018 7:26 PM

I love these family moments! Simon looks sexy!

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2018 7:28 PM

R127 there was a video years ago of the family out shopping and Henry kept asking Matt to carry him and said something like "Can you carry me, Daddy please?". Think that's the only time the kids were caught on camera speaking.

by Anonymousreply 129July 30, 2018 7:34 PM

What a cute family!!!!

by Anonymousreply 130July 30, 2018 7:46 PM

Looks like the family are leaving tomorrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2018 4:35 AM

Simon will be back for closing night.

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2018 4:57 AM

There's less than two weeks left. Time flies.

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2018 5:08 AM

Doesn't seem like it's been nearly 15 weeks already. Now just accustomed to daily pics and videos of Matt.

R132 do you think he'll be back for closing night? Hard to say since he keeps a low profile but looks like he came out to New York 4/times (without the kids).

by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2018 5:23 AM

R134 I think he will be there for closing night. He was there for opening night so I'm assuming that he'll be there for closing and you're right it does seem as though he went to see Matt in NYC a few times without the kids.

by Anonymousreply 135July 31, 2018 5:30 AM

It seems like he did R135. It must be nice to have two homes and two offices so he can bounce back and forth.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all went on vacation after this before school starts. At least they're not in boarding school like some celebrity parents do.

It's nice that there was only one sighting of them all, besides the one at the show. They really do know how to get around unseen and Matt was smart enough to post the videos of the family from the weekend after they weren't in the same location anymore.

by Anonymousreply 136July 31, 2018 8:12 AM

I love that Matt has been sharing more personal stuff lately.

by Anonymousreply 137July 31, 2018 11:27 AM

Yes very unusual for him. I suspect it's because he's announcing the divorce soon.

by Anonymousreply 138July 31, 2018 12:47 PM

I think Simon and Matt are solid.

by Anonymousreply 139July 31, 2018 12:49 PM

They love each other, Simon went to NY a few times just to stay with him and Matt is always in a hurry to be with him. Yesterday they were really happy! Matt rides that big dick happily!

by Anonymousreply 140July 31, 2018 1:15 PM

Please don't make us live with Gramps!

by Anonymousreply 141July 31, 2018 1:31 PM

He's shared IG stories of the kids before, although he's usually hid their faces. Plus he's shared a couple of photos of the kids this summer. And has done the last few years. He shared the Christmas card with the kids last year with is a pretty private thing to do. Sure Simon was in NYC at the start of last week for a few days without the kids.

by Anonymousreply 142July 31, 2018 1:44 PM

I think as their children get older, Matt and Simon might be more apt to share more photos of them.

by Anonymousreply 143July 31, 2018 2:10 PM

I wonder what type of dad Simon is. It's hard to know what type of dad Matt is but you can guess that he's probably more of the fun parent.

by Anonymousreply 144July 31, 2018 3:53 PM

Many celebrity parents keep their children out of sight until they reach a certain age, except for rare appearances. The oldest one is the one you'll see the most for now.

I remember an interview where Matt mentioned they're both quality of time over quantity of time parents. I also read a sighting last year with all of them together, which was legit (since it happened in a very random location and then they confirmed they were there), where the kids were acting up and Matt was furious but he didn't yell or scream at them. Neither did.

by Anonymousreply 145July 31, 2018 6:40 PM

R145 think I saw that on Twitter a while back. Someone saw the family in the mall and the kids ran up the down escalator and the person said that Matt got really mad (which I think indicates that he gave out to them).

The kids were always kept away from the public eye for obvious reasons. As they've gotten older and Matt's more comfortable being out, they've appeared more in public.

by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2018 6:53 PM

The only reason the children have been kept largely hidden is because of the closet baby thing. If they all looked like Halls none of this would be an issue and he would probably been seen out with them more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 147July 31, 2018 7:01 PM

Halls is clearly bio dad of all 3 kids. Although Kit and Henry both look like mini Simon's, Walker still bears some resemble to Simon-he doesn't really have any of Matt's features. In that pic of all them at Pride, Walker definitely looks like a Halls.

by Anonymousreply 148July 31, 2018 7:08 PM

[R145] I don't remember this sighting, Simon didn't yell?

by Anonymousreply 149July 31, 2018 7:09 PM

Mr Peabody doesn't yell, he just threatens to gore them with his antlers.

by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2018 7:13 PM

R145 Don't remember the entire posts from the Twitter user but he said that Matt was pretty mad. Simon could have been pissed off too but the person may not have wrote it

by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2018 7:16 PM

Matt was probably worried that the kids would get hurt playing on the escalator...and also irritated that they weren't listening. Having 3 boys is a handful!

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2018 7:22 PM

Duckling may have been worried that his son would fall and need a transfusion, and they would ask for Mr Peabody's blood.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2018 7:24 PM

He is, although some people here wanted to believe otherwise R148 and everything he has said post coming out has indicated that fact. None of it matters since Matt is their dad in every way that counts.

I couldn't imagine trying to raise three boys, especially at that age!

by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2018 7:40 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Simon have twin nephews too? I vaguely remember Matt tweeting happy birthday too his nephews a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2018 7:43 PM

Poor, poor Walker! One day he will be more famous than his father ever was, and then he will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2018 7:47 PM

[R155] Yes he does! If I'm not mistaken they are the sons of his sister who died in 2004 I think.

by Anonymousreply 157July 31, 2018 8:18 PM

R155 thanks! Couldn't remember if they were Matt or Simon's nephews. Sad that his sister passed away only a year after his best friend died of ALS

by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2018 8:22 PM

You know what else is sad?

A closet baby.

by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2018 8:24 PM

An interview with Simon would be interesting!

by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2018 9:14 PM

Somebody is severely traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 161August 1, 2018 12:30 AM

Yes, the closet baby.

by Anonymousreply 162August 1, 2018 12:43 AM

SO AHS news season has been announced and Cody Fern has managed to impress Ryan Murphy with his small role in Amercian Crime story. Finn Winntrock did the same thing with his small role in The Normal Heart. However, Matt has still not role able to impress Ryan with his big role in AHS 5]

After AHS season 5 Ryan refuse to hire Matt in any serious work despite his relationship with Simon. He just gives him gay roles.

It seems he was disappointed by Matt Performace in season 5

by Anonymousreply 163August 1, 2018 1:55 PM

The Dowager Murphress just isn't that into him.

by Anonymousreply 164August 1, 2018 2:05 PM

Maybe it is Matt who isn’t interested in AHS.

by Anonymousreply 165August 1, 2018 3:07 PM

R163 The one who was disappointed was Matt, his role was just silly. Also, Matt is interested in doing other things, not just Murphy work.

by Anonymousreply 166August 1, 2018 6:05 PM

Matt was the one disappointed in AHS. Season 5 was very different when he signed on. It involved Jessica Lange, but after Ryan Murphy heard Lady Gaga was a fan of the show he changed the season.

As for Matt's next project he said he is directing another Ryan Murphy production.

by Anonymousreply 167August 1, 2018 7:02 PM

It was Matt who wasn't interested in returning.

He was asked back for Season 6 (which he said in an Australian interview on camera) but only committed to an uncredited voice over. He's made it clear, in interviews, that he is being more picky and doing projects he wants to do.

Filming for this season of AHS [bold]already[/bold] began and he's [bold]still[/bold] in the play produced by Ryan Murphy. Once he's done he's already planning to work with Ryan again directing on one of his many shows.

Being more picky about projects means he gets to play a reporter in a serious film like The Vulture Club or the lead in a comedy/drama like Papi Chulo. While neither are big films he at least got to act in roles that he seems satisfied with instead of a large ensemble piece, where he's mainly there as a eye candy while reading horribly written lines in a part that was written last minute because the director/creator changed his mind and isn't even involved with the episodes because he's managing multiple shows at once.

He's still part of Ryan Murphy's troupe and if he offered him a project he likes I'm sure he'd take it and he has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 1, 2018 7:52 PM

Ryan Murphy has his favourites and builds stories around them. He clearly recognises talent in Matt as he's given him decent roles in The Normal Heart/Boys on The Band and director jobs but it's clear that other actors ate Murphy's go to people e.g. Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange and Evan Peters. I think Matt just doesn't enjoy American Horror Story and just doesn't want to be in it. Let's not forget that the only reason Matt is in Ryan Murphy's troupe is because of Simon. Granted Matt may have come into his orbit if he were not with Simon but I doubt he'd get as much work out Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2018 8:03 PM

One thing we haven't heard about is "The Vampire Chronicles" TV series.

They still haven't announced the casting, Anne is a huge fan of his and has been for years. She wanted him in it, even if in a small role. When asked by fans if he would do it he liked their tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 1, 2018 8:42 PM

I wouldn't read much into him liking fans tweets as an indication that he's doing that show. While it's not completely unlikely, I doubt he will be involved in that project. I'm guessing he'd be very careful about going back to TV after The Last Tycoon

by Anonymousreply 171August 1, 2018 8:45 PM

I wouldn't read him as liking tweets involved with that show as him being involved with the show but he did at least acknowledge that he knew what was going on.

It probably is very nice as an actor to have someone prolific talk about how much they love him and actually have them be fans of his projects.

I just don't see him doing another horror project even if he likes horror personally.

I do think he'd go back to TV if it was a good project and he was a/the lead but it would probably not be in the horror genre.

by Anonymousreply 172August 1, 2018 9:06 PM

I wish he could lead in another tv series.

by Anonymousreply 173August 1, 2018 10:05 PM

He needs another leading role in a TV series.

by Anonymousreply 174August 1, 2018 10:56 PM

Is ' Duckling' and 'Peabody' some type of euphemism? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 175August 2, 2018 7:24 PM

Bomer is duckling and Halls is Mr Peabody

by Anonymousreply 176August 2, 2018 7:49 PM

Matt's legs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 2, 2018 8:04 PM

R177 please nobody wants any reminder of "Anything", let's forget it

by Anonymousreply 178August 2, 2018 8:09 PM

[R178] he doesn't even want to be reminded of Anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he requested that interviewers not bring it up.

No one can blame him.

by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2018 8:36 PM

kghkhkh

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2018 8:37 PM

Sorry Matt looks awesome in Anything

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2018 8:37 PM

Fantastic legs! too bad he rather forget about this movie.

by Anonymousreply 182August 3, 2018 12:04 AM

I burst out laughing when I saw the trailer for that trans movie. For such a beautiful man Matt makes one hell of a ugly woman.

by Anonymousreply 183August 3, 2018 2:30 AM

I'm sure interviewers have already been instructed by his publicist not to bring up Anything. The only time he's talked about it was on the Sirus XM with the presenter he's friends with and even then you could tell he didn't want to speak about it. A movie he wants dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 184August 3, 2018 4:03 AM

The Sirius XM interview with Larry Flick was clearly unscheduled and he dropped by because he was already at Sirius and is friends with the guy. IIRC, he wasn't even listed as a guest on the episode. That was the only way he got away with it.

I think Larry Flick was the only interviewer, besides the one after Matt won his Golden Globe, that got Simon to speak when he showed up to his show with Matt on an older interview he did while he was just sitting in the background.

It was very clear during the SAG/AFTRA "Conversations" interview when the host was reading off his lengthy bio that they intentionally skipped over Anything but mentioned Papi Chulo and The Vulture Club. They even mentioned The Magnificent 7 and The Nice Guys. "Anything" in relation to Matt is dead.

by Anonymousreply 185August 3, 2018 4:41 AM

R185 when did Simon speak on a Larry Flick interview? Don't remember that. The only time I remember Matt saying Simon was with him during the interview was The Frank Decaro show a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 186August 3, 2018 4:49 AM

Is that a closet baby in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 3, 2018 8:56 AM

What's wrong with Andrew's face?He's looking stranger by day.

by Anonymousreply 188August 3, 2018 10:43 AM

He’s always looked like that. I think he looks half-Eurasian/half-Mulatto. Or, alternatively, half-Caucasian/half-Blasian.

by Anonymousreply 189August 3, 2018 10:59 AM

R187 He's got a permanent hard on, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 190August 3, 2018 11:09 AM

Can we please stop talking about Andrew and get back to talking about Matt? I find Andrew to be really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 191August 3, 2018 11:16 AM

Will you still find him annoying if he marries Matt?

by Anonymousreply 192August 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Matt's fan girls are so obsessed with him that they'd honestly support anything he does, even if it was shitty or a bit controversial. They went to war with internet commentators who gave out over Anything. Die hard fans there

by Anonymousreply 193August 3, 2018 1:48 PM

Andrew is cute not sure why he's starting to look oriental. I don't find him annoying, personality-wise he's much more interesting than Matt, Matt is boring to listen to, his answers always come across as contrived and affected, he's improved over the years but still more or less the same.

Anyway, he's got nice meaty thighs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2018 2:38 PM

Andrew and Matt would def make a cute couple. Just look how they look at eachother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2018 2:40 PM

The way Andrew fondles Matt's knee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 3, 2018 2:45 PM

The way Andrews quick to get his arm around Matt's waist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 3, 2018 2:52 PM

So touchy feely with each other. He's never been that affectionate so freely with Simon. Maybe Simon should find someone who doesn't seem ashamed to be around him.

by Anonymousreply 198August 3, 2018 3:40 PM

Tell me, someone in the know, how Andrew met Terry Miller (the "monogamish" partner of Dan Savage)....

by Anonymousreply 199August 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Dan Savage has been a prominent face in the LGBT media for over twenty years. Mr Peabody and Duckling also would know him.

by Anonymousreply 200August 3, 2018 4:00 PM

I think it's Simon who is more reserved in that way. Andrew is thirsty as fuck. A bit annoying if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 201August 3, 2018 5:26 PM

Well Terry and Andrew got some pics together over time so I was just wondering what the connection was. They are posted on Miller's IG.

by Anonymousreply 202August 3, 2018 5:58 PM

Simon can be playful with Matt too. He kissed him on the cheek on a red carpet and at an event on stage or the holiday pics on the beach. Always got the impression he held back either because Matt wasn't comfortable with it or he didn't want pics of them online. They keep their relationship intentionally on the private side but Simon always feels like an after thought whenever Matt does interviews.

by Anonymousreply 203August 3, 2018 6:23 PM

R203, He doesn't want to be talked about. Also interviewers aren't sitting there asking Matt Damon endless questions about his wife (unless they just got married or there's a significant story) or Jim Parsons about his husband. The interviewer's job is to focus on the celeb.

I'd guess, the only way you'd really get him to talk about his personal life is if you got him on a podcast, most likely. Even he understands talk show interviews are for sound-bites and promoting products.

R199, they have known each other for years. Dan Savage (Terry's husband) came into the larger mainstream when he did the "It Gets Better" campaign. Remember that? Andrew even did a segment for it. Nearly every gay celeb was involved in that and them.

by Anonymousreply 204August 3, 2018 7:03 PM

This is funny, Simon looks like is held hostage by Matt lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 3, 2018 7:34 PM

R205 Always wondered what Matt said to Simon after Simon said "ok"

by Anonymousreply 206August 3, 2018 7:44 PM

R205, Can't decide if Simon has a deer in headlights look or a Fine, lets get this over with look.

by Anonymousreply 207August 3, 2018 7:49 PM

Yeah that R196 GIF does look mighty "friendly." But I guess that's just the way Andrew operates. He is very openly affectionate with his friends.

by Anonymousreply 208August 3, 2018 7:53 PM

Then there was the time Justin Bartha pointed it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 3, 2018 8:02 PM

R196 what the fuck is going on there? why does he think it's OK to do that? Matt's is married. How is Simon OK with that???.

by Anonymousreply 210August 3, 2018 8:17 PM

Andrew is fucking annoying. Don't like him. Simon is way hotter and stable.

by Anonymousreply 211August 3, 2018 8:20 PM

Who knows what goes on in Matt and Simon's relationship or what they are cool with.

Slightly off topic but, going back to the SAG AFRA interview, was it me or did Matt seem like he was on something? Seemed a little wired (I know he's more animated/theatrical since he's been doing the show but there was a vibe about him).

by Anonymousreply 212August 3, 2018 8:40 PM

R212, See you stirring that pot again.

There haven't been any rumors about the validity of their relationship until he started working on a show with other gay men, where he was also playing an out gay character. Of course that would happen because they're all touchy feely. He seemed to know that people might think that so he dropped that they were all affectionate "platonically" a few times." They (the cast) all touch and hold each other a lot. A few of those men he has known for 20 some years. Also it seems like Andrew initiated a lot of the touching but they seemed to have backed way off after Cohen. Even with that GIF of them going up the stairs, Matt didn't reciprocate and Andrew tried once before to grab him but he wouldn't budge. It seems like they had a talk after that.

Doubt Michael B would post something he thought was scandalous.

Outside of public appearances he has only been spotted with Parsons, Lee Pace, Quinto and his boyfriend Miles. He implied he was really close with Quinto and Michael B Washington. If any of the gays were in open relationships or screwing around in NYC then it would have been heard loud and clear. Everyone knows what NPH and Quinto are into, how to hook up with them and where to go to do it. If Matt were open, any gay that got near him would scream it from the hills.

He smokes pot, as does everyone, (sometimes he smokes cigarettes and has on and off for years). In that interview he just seemed like he was awake and comfortable being himself. That interview was probably the closest the public will get to the real Matt. He's like he's a theater queer who does his best to hide it when a camera is on him (with his singing & love of old Hollywood) but he has loosened up.

by Anonymousreply 213August 3, 2018 9:08 PM

He smokes pot?

by Anonymousreply 214August 3, 2018 9:13 PM

I doubt he smokes, he takes care of himself and his skin is too amazing! Simon on the other hand, I can believe that he sometimes smokes.

by Anonymousreply 215August 3, 2018 9:25 PM

R215, he admitted he did when he was younger when he interviewed Val Kilmer's son.

He said he did when he was losing weight for "The Normal Heart."

He was also photographed smoking on the set of AHS: Hotel inbetween takes outside. His character smoked but there were production people around so he wasn't shooting.

He probably just does it to not be hungry when he wants to be thin.

R214, some Pax Vaporizer employee from their twitter account a few years back thanked him for coming in and buying whatever brand of weed vaporizer it was he bought and told him to enjoy his weed.

They deleted the tweet.

It doesn't matter anyway since it is legal in California now. It wasn't then.

by Anonymousreply 216August 3, 2018 9:59 PM

R216 the vaporizer tweet, that's funny, he must've been embarrassed hhahaha

by Anonymousreply 217August 3, 2018 10:03 PM

Good lord....now R213 has got me interested in what Quinto is into. Am I the only one who is not "in the know?"

by Anonymousreply 218August 3, 2018 10:34 PM

[R216] Maybe that vaporizer was for Simon lol. Maybe they smoke after sex!

by Anonymousreply 219August 3, 2018 10:45 PM

Watched Anything on Google. Sad movie, but Matt was not the problem. None of the characters were very attractive and the story is really far fetched. Supposed to be romantic, I guess, but it’s actually pretty grim. Not enough redeeming humor and charm to make up for the grittiness.

by Anonymousreply 220August 5, 2018 4:56 AM

Definitely not Matt’s best movie, but it was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 221August 5, 2018 5:35 AM

He has legs for days!!!

by Anonymousreply 222August 5, 2018 5:56 AM

I don't know if this has been shared before, but here is clip from 2010 were Matt mentions one of this favorite crime-fighting shows is Simon and Simon. Notice the giggle and the smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 5, 2018 8:40 AM

If there was ever a movie Matt wanted to forget. Not the wisest move to do Anything but he never meant any harm I suppose. Can't imagine him ever really addressing it any time in the future.

by Anonymousreply 224August 5, 2018 8:46 AM

He doesn't mind people bringing up the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which seems to be the film he did he likes the least but hasn't placed it on his banned interview questions list.

Anything, however, is strictly off limits.

I credit the backlash from that film with driving him away from Twitter where he would often search on mentions of his name. He took a break after and was never the same after.

It also seems like something happened between him and Ruffalo afterwards since he seemed to have jumped into the film, partially, as a favor to him. Now it's like Ruffalo never existed.

Whoever said it was his first career misstep in decades was right and he doesn't want to ever think about it. It's hard enough being a gay actor without as much support as, someone like Jared Leto got, so he really got eaten alive - even by his own community.

by Anonymousreply 225August 5, 2018 10:48 AM

Mr Peabody is supposed to be an EXPERT on LGBT community relations. They should have known better, but it was more important for both of them to suck Mark Ruffalo’s cock than to say no to what anyone could have predicted would be a huge backlash based on recent sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 226August 5, 2018 10:53 AM

It's hardly Simon's fault-Matt isn't a child. He was in his mid-30s when he signed onto the movie, hardly an inexperienced actor fresh on the scene who need guidance step by step. Yes, the pair of them should have realised that taking on a role like that would cause a few ruffled feathers but they had their blind spot apparently. Matt didn't expect the backlash to be that bad.

He pretty much gave up on his Twitter after that initial criticism came in. Now he mainly uses it to post his IG links, like comments about projects he's worked on and the odd tweet/happy birthday tweet. IG is his preferred social media platform these days.

by Anonymousreply 227August 5, 2018 11:04 AM

He said on that Sirius radio interview that things were different when he agreed to do the film in 2014. He was right. Unfortunately the film came out much later and even without his support (since he refused to do press) the film release and promotion pushed forward.

His biggest mistake afterwards was blocking Jamie Clayton on Twitter. He didn't know enough to search her (she is verified) and find out that at the time she was on a popular tv series, Sense8. That blocking, increased her rage, and since she had some star power, it also landed her an interview with the Hollywood Reporter the very next day. While they all made nice after the damage was done. Anytime an actor/actress tries to take a trans role, his name always gets brought up as someone who shouldn't have done that.

The worst part of all, is that the character in the play Anything was a cross dresser and [bold]not[/bold] trans. They shouldn't have tried to be "topical."

by Anonymousreply 228August 5, 2018 11:20 AM

When he blocked a few of the trans actresses it just made everything 10 times worse. Wrong move on his part but it did eventually die down and only bubbled up again when the trailer appeared and it screened at a festival or two. Better to just let the movie eventually fade away than try and speak out about it. While some of his fans are being supportive, I figure he probably doesn't like them tweeting about the movie the last day or two in case it attracts criticism.

by Anonymousreply 229August 5, 2018 11:45 AM

I get that it was a poor career decision to do it because of the trans controversy, but really it isn’t a very good movie anyway. Doubt if many people will watch it or would have even without the complaints. Don’t think it is hurting him now, though. Nobody cares about a few spiteful sour grapes comments from trans actresses who didn’t get the part. That casting wouldn’t have made it a better movie.

by Anonymousreply 230August 5, 2018 1:33 PM

R230 good point. It was never going be a big movie or get the critical acclaim like The Danish Girl so all the controversy probably actually raised its profile momentarily. Highly doubt many people have seen it or plan to watch it bar fans of the actors. It didn't really hurt his career but perhaps gave him a headache and a bit of bad pr.

by Anonymousreply 231August 5, 2018 2:03 PM

Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 5, 2018 4:40 PM

Matt didn't make any mistakes. I'm glad he blocked those obnoxious trannies who can't act for shite really stick it in their craw. And Mark Ruffalowlife can go fuck a tree.

by Anonymousreply 233August 5, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]I'm glad he blocked those obnoxious trannies who can't act for shite really stick it in their craw

Matt does make mistakes. He's human and not infallible. His intent was good but even he knows it was a mistake.

As a straight woman, you don't have to resort to transphobia on a gay board of all places. That's disgusting and I doubt he'd approve.

If he won't even talk about it then his fans should follow along. It's what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 234August 5, 2018 7:15 PM

Judging by some of the tweets from a few fans the last day or two, they even recognise that the movie wasn't really that good and that it wasn't his best part. Although I don't get why some of them tag him in their tweets when they say they weren't fond of the movie-just don't tell him.

by Anonymousreply 235August 5, 2018 7:28 PM

Is that ring new?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 5, 2018 7:54 PM

One of these maybe? Brand is a shoe sponsor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 5, 2018 8:03 PM

That selection of rings appears to be the least attractive selection the company offers.

by Anonymousreply 238August 5, 2018 8:28 PM

R238 That is a bizarre comment. What’s wrong with those rings? Are you saying it was intended as a homophobic slur?

by Anonymousreply 239August 5, 2018 8:30 PM

The movie Anything was relentlessly grim and unbelievable. Matt wasn’t the only ridiculous character. It was supposed to be a touching story of endearing misfits finding each other and falling in love, but it just didn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 240August 5, 2018 8:32 PM

R239, she meant she believes the ring he got as a free gift from the show sponsor was ugly and the company makes better ones.

However, since the ring fits him he probably chose it and they sized it. Doesn't seem like he has worn it since.

It's not that serious.

People who @ him should know better R235. It's terrible, really. They just want attention but he's not going to respond to a negative comment.

He likes tweets from his super fans about him, he'll like tweets about Donald from the Boys in the Band and he'll respond to birthday wishes from teens. If he writes/responds to anyone else it's usually someone talking about Traveler or Walking Out. I love it when he mentions that he worked with Viola Davis in interviews or online.

by Anonymousreply 241August 5, 2018 8:53 PM

He's very good to his super fans. You have to give him credit for that. Looks like he was always kind to them at the stage door or online. Says a lot that he remembers their names too. Some are a bit OTT but he remains friendly.

by Anonymousreply 242August 5, 2018 9:28 PM

R234 Shut up you fruitbat. This is a gay forum for gays not trannies or straight homophobic creepy fraus like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 243August 5, 2018 9:51 PM

The relationship between Early and Freda is just ridiculous. I didn't like the movie and a real trans wouldn't have made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 244August 5, 2018 10:08 PM

R241, R238 is a male poster

by Anonymousreply 245August 5, 2018 10:17 PM

Looks like the cast went to see Mean Girls on Broadway tonight benefiting the Actor's Fund.

Matt and Michael both posted instagram stories about it.

by Anonymousreply 246August 6, 2018 4:13 AM

R235 R241 It’s obvious that Matt reads his Twitter feed, even though he doesn’t acknowledge every tweet, so that’s the way to go if you want to tell him something. I doubt if he pays any attention to DL.

by Anonymousreply 247August 6, 2018 10:37 AM

I wonder will he like any of the Anything tweets some his fans are sending him. They are nice messages so be interested to see of he likes even one or two of them.

by Anonymousreply 248August 6, 2018 1:59 PM

[quote]I doubt if he pays any attention to DL.

Every gay man knows about this place R247. It is the only gay gossip board still around and has survived since 1995. It is the internet's dirty little secret.

It's easier for people to assume celebs don't read it so they feel like they can say what they want.

Smart celebs just ignore it. Only a masochist would read it. Andy Cohen once talked about how much he despised it.

The truth is, Matt's people have had threads shut down a few times in the past 10 years here but that was when he was closeted and shortly after he came out.

[quote]I wonder will he like any of the Anything tweets some his fans are sending him.

He hasn't so far and people have been sending him tweets about it for a while.

by Anonymousreply 249August 6, 2018 9:26 PM

Matt needs another good TV series!!

by Anonymousreply 250August 6, 2018 9:34 PM

R249 can't believe any celebrity or their publicist is concerned with the nonsense here.

And this board isn't that widely known.

by Anonymousreply 251August 6, 2018 10:30 PM

R251, believe what you want, but you are painfully wrong.

by Anonymousreply 252August 6, 2018 11:32 PM

Simon reads it so Matt doesn’t have to!

by Anonymousreply 253August 7, 2018 2:40 AM

Carrie Fisher (many years ago), Anderson Cooper, Joy Behar (who used to get topics from here) and even Rosie O'Donnell (who admitted to coming here in the past in an interview but now claims she never did which is a lie) have been around.

The interview that Matt just did where the interviewer said there was "discussion" of where to sit online to see Matt's "privates" (when he didn't seem too pleased - it was rude of him to even ask the question IMHO) probably got that from here since there were many posts about it in the Broadway thread at one point. A lot of entertainment people do and have always known about this site.

Most celebs don't show up here anymore or at least don't reveal that they do. They have someone else do what's called, "media management." It's important they know what's being said about them online not just from here but on all sites.

DL comes up on Google News Alerts every few weeks if a celeb's name is mentioned.

Occasionally someone goes too far and posts personal information about a celeb which can get the site in trouble. Those thread get locked, pulled and deleted. There are also certain celebs who you can't post about here since DL has blocked anyone's ability to start a thread with that person's name in it because their people have come after them in the past.

by Anonymousreply 254August 7, 2018 4:00 AM

There’s nothing especially alarming in the Bomer DL threads. Just a few Duckling insults. Actually he seems to get more respect than he used to. He may fade from view again once the play is over and people don’t see him all the time.

by Anonymousreply 255August 7, 2018 7:58 AM

Just watched Love, Simon, the movie endorsed by Matt & Simon. It fits with their “I’m gay & I’m just like you” philosophy & lifestyle. Movie was all neatly packaged with minimal angst so it didn’t feel very authentic to me.

by Anonymousreply 256August 7, 2018 8:43 PM

Yes, a significant difference between Mr Peabody and Rannells is Mr Peabody's corporatist assimiliationism versus Rannells' defiant old-school gayness.

by Anonymousreply 257August 7, 2018 9:00 PM

Rannells also endorsed "Love, Simon", although don't see how that matters. It was a decent movie but obvious flaws and pitfalls. Then again, how many teenage LGBT movies are out there. Not like they have a huge selection to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 258August 7, 2018 9:29 PM

People endorsed "Love, Simon" to show that it's possible that a mainstream gay movie for teens could have a theatrical release, be successful and have support. If you were gay and in a major city you probably saw it for free. They were practically giving the tickets away.

And kissing Greg Berlanti's ass is never a bad thing. He is right up there with Ryan Murphy and Shonda Rhimes in terms of power with multiple shows on the air. Only he dwarfs them as a producer of about 10 shows airing or soon airing on Netflix and the CW. He is also willing to have gay actors and characters on his shows. However, Matt & Simon both have known Greg Berlanti and his husband Robbie for years.

Whoever said that Matt was going to do the Target ADs got it right. The pics of him are adorable and there were a couple of new ones I don't think we've seen before. As much as I wish he'd post more content than just ads and the occasional pic and video I'm happy we at least have that.

by Anonymousreply 259August 7, 2018 10:36 PM

Simon is Greg Berlanti's publicist-obviously they are going to promote the hell out of a big LGBT movie. No shame in that.

The target ads are fine; the pic of his and Kit's foot was pretty funny. Kit definitely inherited Simon's height and features-help can tell he'll by 6ft 3/6f 4 within a few years.

by Anonymousreply 260August 8, 2018 3:33 AM

What did I inherit?

Oh that’s right, blue eyes and shame.

by Anonymousreply 261August 8, 2018 9:30 AM

Duckling retweeted a right winger defending Trump’s racism and then says he buttdialed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Simon left a comment on Matt's post, sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 8, 2018 2:15 PM

What did Simon say?

by Anonymousreply 264August 8, 2018 3:23 PM

On Twitter: the scene in White Collar when Peter asked Neal if he had ever met a woman who wasn’t attracted to him and he quickly answered “Brittni Nicohle, in second grade” and then shrugged and said, “I had a gap,in my teeth.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 8, 2018 3:31 PM

Matt's first instagram post was on April 20, 2017? Why did he wait so long to join?

by Anonymousreply 266August 8, 2018 3:42 PM

He was always very slow keeping up with social media trends. He mainly uses it for promo but can get a lot more personal on IG more so than Twitter. Seems to prefer IG.

by Anonymousreply 267August 8, 2018 4:39 PM

R263 he looks like the ET kid!

by Anonymousreply 268August 8, 2018 4:53 PM

R264, he said "Best pic ever."

R267, Yes. Someone else had control (USA Network) of his Twitter name at first and then he got it back and announced it on Ellen. He got instagram after he kept appearing in other people's instagrams on set and I guess he realized he should have one. His friend from school had said before all of that, that he was bad at this kind of stuff and wouldn't even respond to emails for days. He is not a "computer" person.

He seems to like nearly ever post he sees on Instagram but there are a few people he always comments on.

R265, he liked that tweet. I wonder if that part was ad-libbed since they were allowed to do that and did during the show.

by Anonymousreply 269August 8, 2018 5:15 PM

You don’t have to be a computer person to use your phone for Twitter or IG. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 270August 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Sometimes people say "computer" person to mean "technologically inclined/technical person."

It did take him a while to learn how to use Twitter and instagram even after he had gotten them but his fans seemed to have helped him. lol

by Anonymousreply 271August 8, 2018 7:10 PM

R271 you make him sound old. I'm a lot younger by two years and I didn't even know how to navigate a computer at first.

by Anonymousreply 272August 8, 2018 7:12 PM

We didn't grow up with it R272, I have to ask my daughter to show me how to use my phone and she is 11! She doesn't even have a phone of her own.

by Anonymousreply 273August 8, 2018 7:42 PM

He's a lot more comfortable on social media now than he was in the past. Ever since The Last Tycoon got cancelled/turning 40, he's been a lot more relaxed about what he posts. There was a definite change in the type of things he posted on the second half of 2017.

by Anonymousreply 274August 8, 2018 8:11 PM

I assume Simon's left, so he's showing skin again LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 8, 2018 11:52 PM

Do you think Matt & Simon ever fight? Like argue? Yell sometimes? Get mad at each other?

I thought all couples fight until my mom recently told me that she and my stepfather (together 15 years, married 4) have never had a single argument their entire relationship.

by Anonymousreply 276August 9, 2018 12:03 AM

Wow R276

You must be the only one who doesn’t know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277August 9, 2018 12:08 AM

Anybody else sense Matt got mad at Simon here? around 00:20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 9, 2018 12:08 AM

R277 Stop the nonsense, stop the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 279August 9, 2018 12:11 AM

R278 what happened there? I couldn't make out what was being said.

by Anonymousreply 280August 9, 2018 12:28 AM

R280 Simon was telling the fans they had to go. He was pushing Matt along, I think, because Matt was stopping quickly to do selfies. In truth, its probably tough to be the one who has to limit the time with fans. I'm sure Matt would rather Simon do it.

by Anonymousreply 281August 9, 2018 12:31 AM

R78 It seems to me Matt got pissed that Simon was stealing the spotlight and getting attention from HIS fans. lol

by Anonymousreply 282August 9, 2018 12:34 AM

[quote]Anybody else sense Matt got mad at Simon here?

No, R278. He was perfectly kind. He asked where they were from, seemed interested, repeated it back and said they had to go.

Simon being the one to say they had to leave after a long night absolves Matt of having to do it. If he didn't want to he would have said it was fine.

Maybe Simon just wanted to go home.

[quote]I assume Simon's left, so he's showing skin again LOL

How ridiculous, R275, It was just humid. Last night it was around 97%.

by Anonymousreply 283August 9, 2018 1:10 AM

Bet he’ll be glad when stagedooring finally ends. He’s been such a good sport about it, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 9, 2018 7:29 AM

Someone said they saw a video where he said he couldn't do photos because he was going to meet his mom for dinner. Glad to hear she came.

by Anonymousreply 285August 9, 2018 7:42 AM

R285 Here is the video. Nice that she went to see him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 9, 2018 7:49 AM

R283, it's natural for Simon to "manage" a crowd in this way as it is his day job. Simon often helps at Matt's public appearances, hold's clothes, takes pictures of Matt with fan's etc. And I also suspect Simon maybe the one to deal with difficult situations at these appearances (and elsewhere too) so that Matt doesn't have to. Lovely to know his mom came to NYC, and hopefully the play too!

by Anonymousreply 287August 9, 2018 11:40 AM

How many more nights now? Just 3? Matt will be home soon.

by Anonymousreply 288August 9, 2018 3:22 PM

I wonder was his dad there too. His parents are pretty conservative so I can imagine the play may not be to there taste.

R287 in a lot of videos I've seen with Matt signing with Simon with him, it's usually always Simon who wraps it up and tells crowds that they have to go.

by Anonymousreply 289August 9, 2018 5:16 PM

That's what Mr Peabodys do.

by Anonymousreply 290August 9, 2018 5:26 PM

From his interviews, it seems that while he loves both his parents, his mother seems to be very supportive of him, Simon and their children as her grandsons. I think he said in an interview once that they were all going to go speak at her women's group. So while his parents may be conservative at least his mother is very open.

He seems very close to her and his sister.

Those are also the two people he has been photographed with before (his mother at the Presidential dinner and his sister on the PR setup approved JustJared) and the people who seem to come and visit him.

by Anonymousreply 291August 9, 2018 5:52 PM

Was Simon actually his publicist at some point? So many conflicting reports about that. Some articles say he was but others don't.

by Anonymousreply 292August 9, 2018 6:27 PM

Duckling would not have needed a publicist until he did White Collar and at that time Mr Peabody assigned him to Jennifer Allen, who was his underling at PMKHBH at the time.

by Anonymousreply 293August 9, 2018 6:30 PM

I’m sure Matt benefited from Simon’s experience and advice, whatever their relationship was. Simon also introduced Matt to a lot of important people.

by Anonymousreply 294August 10, 2018 1:31 AM

R294 Ryan Murphy, for instance. Matt's career would have been a lot different had he not gotten with Simon I guess.

by Anonymousreply 295August 10, 2018 3:51 AM

I think it's clear which friendships, jobs, interviews and associations he has can be traced back to Simon.

The Normal Heart was a good move professionally as was ACS: Versace but it's nice he seems to be more picky about which projects he works with Ryan Murphy on because otherwise he keeps getting pigeonholed.

by Anonymousreply 296August 10, 2018 5:23 AM

Roles his got from Ryan Murphy

The New Normal - Himbo who runs around half naked who ends up with an older man.

Glee - Self Centered actor who gives horrible acting advice.

The Normal Heart - Photographer who dies of AIDS but also manages to get naked multiple times while his lead costar stays clothed. (A good role.)

American Horror Story Freakshow - Hooker who gets murdered in his underwear and chopped into pieces after a scene where he talks about rough sex that makes him bleed form his anus.

American Horror Story Hotel - Drug addict turned vampire who has sex with Lady Gaga, yells at Kathy Bates, gets naked multiple times in the premiere which was unnecessary, runs around in his underwear, then gets killed before the show ends.

Boys in the Band - Good at the beginning, spends most of his time in the background but they found a way to get him naked again which was completely unnecessary even if it was in the movie which was staged differently.

by Anonymousreply 297August 10, 2018 5:36 AM

The more naked Matt Bomer, the better!

by Anonymousreply 298August 10, 2018 5:50 AM

Regardless of the type of role Murphy gives Matt, he's a good connection to have in the industry and he keeps Matt working.

Simon was at the theatre. Looks like he just arrived in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 10, 2018 6:29 AM

He is a nice connection to have R299 but if he wants to grow as an actor he has to do other stuff. Luckily, he has. He was fantastic in Walking Out and I have high hopes for Papi Chulo. He did his best with The Last Tycoon. It doesn't seem like any of those roles were something he has done before but he wouldn't have gotten those opportunities with Ryan Murphy based upon their history working together.

Simon sometimes has a bag with him at the theater. I don't think it means he just arrived in town. I doubt Matt let his mother sit alone by herself all day while he worked. She was probably spending time with Simon.

by Anonymousreply 300August 10, 2018 6:39 AM

Papi Chulo sounds promising. John Butler's previous two movies were well-received in Toronto and one good a limited U.S. release. Is Matt going to Toronto for the movie's special presentation?

R300 ah just figured that it was an awkward bag to carry around the city all day so assumed he must have just only flown in.

by Anonymousreply 301August 10, 2018 7:10 AM

I really loved Handsome Devil R301. I think the idea of Matt as a lonely weather man who just wants a connection and finds it with someone you'd least expect will be very sweet.

It might be one of Matt's bags. He carries a bag to work with him too that is rather large. Since the show only has a couple of days left he may also be starting to move his things out of his dressing room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 10, 2018 7:33 AM

Jesus, Mr Peabody looks like sixty year old man now,

by Anonymousreply 303August 10, 2018 7:36 AM

Simon looks sexy, look at those legs and arms, yummy!! Simon is very sweet and supportive, Matt is very lucky!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 10, 2018 11:46 AM

What's with the Ageist Troll?

by Anonymousreply 305August 10, 2018 1:54 PM

R304 = Jerry Hall

by Anonymousreply 306August 10, 2018 2:14 PM

R306 and R303 are the "Duckling Troll" R305.

Just use that little button with the orange head and the NO symbol when you see it and ignore it forever.

It loses power when people ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 307August 10, 2018 3:24 PM

Wouldn’t Matt’s ma been spending time with the grandkids? Aren’t they still in NY?

by Anonymousreply 308August 10, 2018 4:41 PM

R308 A fan at the stage door posted last week that the Matt didn't do selfies at the stage door on the Monday as he said he was rushing to see the kids before they left the next day. Looks like the kids are back home in L.A. I wondered why they didn't stay longer as it looked like they had been in camp for most of July but maybe Simon had work commitments in L.A. and had to run back. Play finishes up tomorrow so Matt will be heading home soon anyway

by Anonymousreply 309August 10, 2018 4:55 PM

Incidentally, will the production be eligible for the Tonys next year? They just missed the cut-off date this year, and by next spring it will have been almost a year since it closed. Does the Tony Committee have a short memory like the Oscar's Academy?

by Anonymousreply 310August 10, 2018 5:35 PM

It probably is eligible for next year's Tonys but a year will have passed so the hype will mostly be gone by then. Parsons would probably be in with the best chance of getting a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 311August 10, 2018 6:29 PM

Simon is hot.

by Anonymousreply 312August 10, 2018 6:34 PM

Lot of people say Simon is better looking in person. He just looks like a normal 54 year old, in comparison with a Hollywood 50-something year old. If you look at pics and videos of Simon 10 plus years ago he looks quite handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 10, 2018 7:56 PM

[R313] So big and sexy, his hands are huge.

by Anonymousreply 314August 10, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]He just looks like a normal 64 year old

by Anonymousreply 315August 10, 2018 8:17 PM

Nice video. Shows how watchful & protective of his clients he is. Not surprising he is that way with Matt too.

by Anonymousreply 316August 10, 2018 9:50 PM

Simon is not that attractive, he's smart, probably good in bed and a good husband and dad. But physically just meh.

by Anonymousreply 317August 10, 2018 11:02 PM

You forgot that he has a huge dick!!

by Anonymousreply 318August 10, 2018 11:17 PM

R318 we don't know that.

by Anonymousreply 319August 11, 2018 12:11 AM

I repeat: Simon is hot af.

by Anonymousreply 320August 11, 2018 12:12 AM

R319 Maybe you don’t know that, but Matt does! 😀

by Anonymousreply 321August 11, 2018 12:27 AM

[quote]Simon is not that attractive

He may not be attractive to you but he is attractive to the one person that matters, Matt.

It's possible that a person universally thought of as being attractive doesn't care about traditional looks or dating his twin. When anyone asks Matt he has consistently said he doesn't think of himself as attractive. He has even made "yuck" noises a couple of times when talking about his own body. He comes off as humble and never comes off as full of himself and how he sees himself probably plays into it.

It says a lot about Matt, and I'm sure they've heard negative comments about their age difference and looks difference because anyone with Matt would be scrutinized, that he simply didn't care what other people thought. When he could have had anyone he wanted. He chose him. It's apparent Simon also treats him like a Queen.

I think Simon is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 322August 11, 2018 12:56 AM

When someone is hot, its more than just looks to me. Its their whole persona. And of course, you must account for chemistry between two people. That's something that can be difficult for anyone to explain.

Matt is gorgeous. Simon is hot. It's divine.

by Anonymousreply 323August 11, 2018 2:33 AM

Yeah, someone who is sexy or hot doesn't have to be gorgeous or traditionally good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 324August 11, 2018 3:07 AM

Looking at that old clip of Simon, it's clear he is a good looking guy-I think he just looks like how a regular 54 year old looks. He hasn't had work done to stay looking young. That podcast host Ilana Levine said she was in love with Simon; his friend who died from ALS wrote in her book that he was the "champagne of men" and that she was intoxicated by him. He must have something about him to prompt such comments.

by Anonymousreply 325August 11, 2018 5:43 AM

Bomer looks so good in these photos taken when he was still getting sexed by Andrew!

Why did Mr Peabody have to come back and ruin it all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 11, 2018 9:45 AM

R326 pretty sure Simon was in New York that week the picture was taken as it was on the 4th of July.

by Anonymousreply 327August 11, 2018 10:36 AM

Sure tell yourself that

by Anonymousreply 328August 11, 2018 11:02 AM

R327, the Duckling Troll at R326 doesn't care about reason or logic or that it was 98 percent humidity and everyone was sweaty and Matt changed later.

It only wants people to argue with it, hate Matt and fight.

You'd do better to just ignore it like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 329August 11, 2018 12:44 PM

Even Tom Ford can't keep his hands off Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 11, 2018 1:54 PM

Well in all honesty Tom Ford’s husband makes Mr Peabody look like one of the Hemsworths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 11, 2018 2:00 PM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 11, 2018 4:06 PM

Could Andrew be more OTT?

by Anonymousreply 333August 11, 2018 5:00 PM

Not sure if that was supposed to be his character, but I thought Andrew was “hamming it up” compared to the rest of the cast, even Robin who plays the most “flamboyant” one didn’t give me that “trying too much” feeling. Probably works better in something OTT like Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 334August 11, 2018 5:06 PM

I thought Andrew was good in the play but I read one or two reviews that said he was miscast. I saw one where the reviewer said he didn't know what Rannells was doing in the play at all. Harsh.

Overall the play seemed to be a hit. Mixed reviews from the critics but that was always going to be a possibility because of the play's history. The audience loved it and it made back its initial investment so it could be called a success.

by Anonymousreply 335August 11, 2018 5:57 PM

I thought, like another reviewer did, that the play as miscast a bit.

Matt should have had Andrew's role and vice versa. Jim was still doing a bit too much Big Bang Theory for me.

Robin stole the show. Charlie Carver went beyond what I thought he could do.

Quinto's performance was perfect, stereotypical but perfect.

Come Tony's time next year Jim and Robin have the best chance of getting recognized.

by Anonymousreply 336August 11, 2018 7:06 PM

Matt's performance was very subtle but it was a good part. He was very good when it was him and Parsons at the start and then his character intentionally fades into the background when everyone else shows up to signify his discomfort/anxiety. It's a shame his character didn't have a more meatier role in the second half of the play-would have liked to him to have more lines but as he said in a recent interview, it's like people watch the play through Donald's eyes.

I do think out of everyone, Rannells was the most miscast. Charlie Craver was actually a pleasant surprise: his last line is one of the funniest in the entire play and is delivered with perfection.

by Anonymousreply 337August 11, 2018 7:16 PM

[quote]He was very good when it was him and Parsons at the start and then his character intentionally fades into the background when everyone else shows up to signify his discomfort/anxiety.

And he was good at the end, when everyone else had left and he’s holding Michael through his meltdown. Right down to picking a piece of lint from the purple sweater, in a subtle way of saying “this story is downright miserable but remember there were some funny bits as well”.

by Anonymousreply 338August 11, 2018 8:24 PM

Andrew tries so damn hard.

by Anonymousreply 339August 11, 2018 8:31 PM

Matt was very solid in the role and did a good job. Great Broadway debut for him. Would love to see him in more varied roles going forward. Papi Chulo looks promising enough.

by Anonymousreply 340August 11, 2018 8:50 PM

These guys are going to miss each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 11, 2018 9:13 PM

Beautiful couple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 11, 2018 10:39 PM

Tell me, my loves....why do I dislike Zachary Quinto? I have tried so hard to like him. It just won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 343August 12, 2018 1:08 AM

Cute pic of Matt and Zachary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 12, 2018 1:14 AM

A fan knitted dolls of their characters? Wow that’s dedication.

by Anonymousreply 345August 12, 2018 2:53 AM

R339 at what?

by Anonymousreply 346August 12, 2018 2:54 AM

Matt's fans at tonight's final show saw Simon.

by Anonymousreply 347August 12, 2018 3:46 AM

Simon at stage door

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348August 12, 2018 4:03 AM

R348 Simon all suited up.

Zachary Quinto looks a bit like Andrew Garfield in that pic R344. There's an air pretention about Quinto at times. It doesn't help that he speaks so slowly, which makes it sound like he tries to act super refined. He comes across as a guy who likes to show off how well versed he is with art/literature/culture. In saying that, people at the stage door said he was very friendly when he came out to sign. Could just be the way his personality comes through in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 349August 12, 2018 4:59 AM

All of the actors were quite responsive and friendly and seemed appreciative at the stage door.. Wonder if Matt will miss the nightly devotion/adoration from fans and spectators?

by Anonymousreply 350August 12, 2018 5:31 AM

R350 who wouldn't miss daily adoration and gifts? Had to be a bit of an ego boost. Although it must have been a chore some days-particularly on two-show days-he really made an effort to go out of his way to show appreciation for all the fans. Out of the four leads, he was the best for the stage door. He signed most nights.

by Anonymousreply 351August 12, 2018 5:55 AM

Matt cried during the final curtain call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352August 12, 2018 6:30 AM

[quote]There's an air pretention about Quinto at times. It doesn't help that he speaks so slowly, which makes it sound like he tries to act super refined.

R349, People have said this about him for years now. He's just a person that mostly knows his worth. If he doesn't want to give an interview, he won't give it. If he believes something should be changed he'll ask. He also openly admitted that he wasn't entirely sure he even wanted to do the play. He isn't a bad guy. He's just direct and honest. That has gotten him into trouble before. He was apparently nice to people at the stage door but if he said he didn't want to take photos he wouldn't budge for anyone.

[quote]Wonder if Matt will miss the nightly devotion/adoration from fans and spectators?

I'll guess he'll miss it but nothing lasts forever. Something like this will probably never be put together again. I'm sure there were some days when he had to force himself to do it and being away from his family for this long, without a break, probably isn't necessarily good for the kids or himself.

[quote]Matt cried during the final curtain call

I think he said he cried during opening night too right before he went on. He just seems like a really kind, decent person who cries quite a bit (according to his interviews) but usually when warranted.

I remember reading a story from a fan that ran into him on a studio lot. The fan told him his entire story and about how he helped him come out. Matt asked the fan if he wanted a hug, gave it to him then asked him if he wanted to take a picture too. That's the kind of guy he is. I hope he stays that way.

by Anonymousreply 353August 12, 2018 7:10 AM

Mr Peabody looks like shit, did he just roll out of bed? He looks like he just failed an audition to replace Tom Wolfe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 12, 2018 7:49 AM

I think Simon looks good in that pic. He looks very happy and proud.

by Anonymousreply 355August 12, 2018 7:54 AM

It was nice to see a more open side of Matt the last few months. You could tell he was being himself more and being around openly gay actors made him more comfortable. He said it once or twice that usually he's the only out person on set so I imagine it must be tough for him to be fully himself during those times. I suspect there is a little bit of sadness knowing that it will be rare for him to get another chance in the near future to work with as many out gay actors.

by Anonymousreply 356August 12, 2018 8:00 AM

Ughhh that tattooed nutcase went to see him again. Can’t she take up drinking or something?

by Anonymousreply 357August 12, 2018 8:28 AM

R357 Look at the state of her, she probably already did.

by Anonymousreply 358August 12, 2018 9:17 AM

R353 fancies herself the oracle on Matt.

by Anonymousreply 359August 12, 2018 10:45 AM

Emotional Matt at curtain call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 12, 2018 10:51 AM

Why do some of Matt's get pissed when he doesn't like their tweets or notices other people's tweets? Why take it so personally?

by Anonymousreply 361August 12, 2018 11:02 AM

R359 fancies herself the Queen of accusing someone of making "a homophobic slur" because they thought a ring Matt was wearing was ugly. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 362August 12, 2018 11:54 AM

Fans love Simon too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 12, 2018 1:17 PM

There’s a proposal to socialize Matt on Twitter.. Ho,ho, whine, “If only SOME people wouldn’t tweet as often, Matt would like MINE!” Never mind who he actually likes. Just because he doesn’t like a tweet, doesn’t mean he doesn’t see it. A lot of the fans are tweeting for each other, too. Matt is a celebrity and public figure, not a best friend. He has 591K followers and he follows 1234.

by Anonymousreply 364August 12, 2018 1:54 PM

R364 what's up with that? You'd almost think that his job was to like fan's tweets and posts. Some take it as an insult if he likes other's tweets and not theirs. Saw some getting upset about him not liking a lot yesterday. Chill out people-I think he had other things on his mind.

by Anonymousreply 365August 12, 2018 2:04 PM

To me, Zachary Quinto also came off a bit pretentious in written/recorded interviews. Also, I didn't care for his looks for some reason. Then in early 2013, my friend dragged me to see THE GLASS MENAGERIE in nearby Boston before its Broadway transfer. I gotta say that Quinto is very beautiful in person. We didn't stagedoor (we didn't know of such a thing), but we sat fairly close to the stage, so I got a pretty good look at him. I was shocked by how attractive (and tall) he was in person. Very striking! I couldn't stop looking at him. I wonder why his charisma doesn't transfer to film, TV, or even interviews?

by Anonymousreply 366August 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Matt only likes a couple of tweets each day, probably mostly from people he knows. That includes a couple of his superfans that he has gotten to know. What do people expect?

by Anonymousreply 367August 12, 2018 2:36 PM

R366 he may just not like interviews and just across uncomfortable.

R367 there's a lot of jealously and in-fighting in Matt's fandom. Highly doubt Matt carefully spends time selecting the tweets he likes-probably whatever comes up first or something that catches his eye. Fans can just get demanding.

by Anonymousreply 368August 12, 2018 2:49 PM

Matt’s fans are mostl fraus. What do you expect? Some of them say, “Let’s all play nice and divide him up equally and share him” and some of them scratch each other’s eyes out and pull their hair. All in fun.

by Anonymousreply 369August 12, 2018 4:20 PM

Oh man. He's crying like he's an a teeny boyband. 😂😘 cute lol

by Anonymousreply 370August 12, 2018 5:09 PM

I didn't know Matt cries. Then again, I can't imagine him doing most bodily functions (e.g., pooping, farting). He just looks too perfect

by Anonymousreply 371August 12, 2018 5:16 PM

R366 To me he seems condescending. (I'm not saying he is...its just a feeling I get) And I wish he would have more posts for Miles. When he fails to post on their anniversary it grates my nerves. Especially since Miles posts such loving things about Quinto. Oh well.

The only time I feel comfortable watching ZQ is when he is playing a musical instrument. WTF is wrong with me? Have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 372August 12, 2018 7:01 PM

Could someone start at Zach Quinto thread?

by Anonymousreply 373August 12, 2018 7:21 PM

Matt's fans bemoaning his lack of interaction or acknowledgement on social media is strange. It's like they feel that he owes them something. Tagging him in posts asking to like tweets or different accounts is mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 374August 12, 2018 7:26 PM

1. Take the Zachary conversation somewhere else please. 2. Matt probably likes those super fans tweets, so they'll stop the spam.

by Anonymousreply 375August 12, 2018 7:46 PM

That's sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 12, 2018 7:55 PM

Mr Peabody got so old! Is the divorce aging him?

by Anonymousreply 377August 12, 2018 8:45 PM

Simon is hot! Yum...

by Anonymousreply 378August 12, 2018 11:56 PM

Simon is not hot. He's just a lucky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 379August 13, 2018 12:24 AM

I will miss Matt on Broadway. He did good. I’m sure he’s happy to be back home. Anyone here knows what’s his next gig?

by Anonymousreply 380August 13, 2018 9:53 AM

R380 no clue about acting work but he said he had a directing gig coming in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 381August 13, 2018 10:55 AM

Bet their headed to the woods in Canada right now for a little R & R before the kids school starts.

by Anonymousreply 382August 13, 2018 7:29 PM

Oh dear - they’re

by Anonymousreply 383August 13, 2018 7:29 PM

Double oh dear - kids’

by Anonymousreply 384August 13, 2018 7:30 PM

Matt is directing next and he has Papi Chulo and Vulture Club coming up.

by Anonymousreply 385August 13, 2018 11:28 PM

A good thing to remember is that if he has something else coming up besides directing, he's not allowed to announce it until the studio/production announces it.

So if you hear about something, it won't be from him first.

We should see him at the Toronto Film Festival next, if he goes, and there will probably be interviews around then. After that he'll be with Simon at the next GLSEN event in October since that was announced.

by Anonymousreply 386August 13, 2018 11:39 PM

I think I can see Simon and Matt behind the blonde one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 13, 2018 11:40 PM

R382 why Canada?

by Anonymousreply 388August 13, 2018 11:42 PM

Jeez that person looks nothing like Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 389August 13, 2018 11:50 PM

R388 Matt said last summer that they vacation in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 390August 13, 2018 11:59 PM

R387 well it looks like the back of Simon anyway but don't see Bomer in shot.

Appears that his next role is directing. Wonder what will be his next acting role.

by Anonymousreply 391August 14, 2018 12:19 AM

That def looks like Simon R387, right down to the streaks darker grey hair on top and lighter grey hair on the sides.

That doesn't look like Matt next to him, that person looks to be closer to the camera and he is further back, but it does look like Simon is moving somewhere trying to get past.

Based upon what Andrew is wearing it was from the same night as their final performance which means Matt would have been wearing a powder blue button down not white.

by Anonymousreply 392August 14, 2018 4:49 AM

Would you say he's still in New York or you think he's flown back to L.A. now?

by Anonymousreply 393August 14, 2018 5:53 AM

Matt just posted this on his Instagram story. Looks like they stayed in New York for a couple of more days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394August 14, 2018 1:17 PM

A date night! So sweet! They look so sexy! I love that Matt is more open to share private picture with Simon!

by Anonymousreply 395August 14, 2018 2:01 PM

Mr Peabody looks like shit, he looks like a sixty year old man! I wonder what's causing the puffiness.

by Anonymousreply 396August 14, 2018 2:04 PM

R395 idiot, he did it so he can get discount at the hotel.

by Anonymousreply 397August 14, 2018 2:05 PM

[R397] "Idiot" I know but he could just share a picture of himself and not one with Simon! The other one that he posted after is of the hotel!

by Anonymousreply 398August 14, 2018 2:27 PM

Looks like his other movie will premiere at Toronto as well. Did they change the name of it???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 14, 2018 2:58 PM

So does this mean he will be going to Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 400August 14, 2018 7:17 PM

No Rose, it means he's going to sing a Negro Spiritual.

by Anonymousreply 401August 14, 2018 7:35 PM

The Duckling Troll at R401 has started attacking individual posters because it has nothing else to bitch about.

R400, there will be an announcements once arrangements/accommodations have been made and he decides to go. Keep your eye on Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter. Not even Susan has said anything yet.

by Anonymousreply 402August 14, 2018 8:35 PM

He's likely to go to Toronto-more so for Papi Chulo than Vulture Club (or whatever it's called now) as he's the lead in the movie. He also said at the stage door to a few people that he would be in Ireland at some stage this year too.

by Anonymousreply 403August 14, 2018 9:18 PM

Matt signed a pic of him and Simon at stage door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 16, 2018 9:38 PM

Are they divorced yet?

by Anonymousreply 405August 16, 2018 9:39 PM

You wish.

by Anonymousreply 406August 16, 2018 10:23 PM

R404 She made and wore a nametag with her social handles so he’d recognize her from her likely deluge of stan-ish posts? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 407August 17, 2018 12:43 AM

R407 how do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 408August 17, 2018 12:48 AM

In the pic at R404, look at the lady in green dress next to Matt.

by Anonymousreply 409August 17, 2018 12:54 AM

I think R407 means that she printed her Twitter handle and put it on her dress so he'd know who she was.

I can't fault her for that. The woman flew all the way in from Japan.

From what she wrote Matt not only was happy to see the banner and thanked her for the gift but security let her step out from behind the barrier and they took photos of the two.

Matt also, according to her, came back to her when he was done signing for everyone and thanked her again for the gift.

Class act.

by Anonymousreply 410August 17, 2018 1:09 AM

That is very nice of him. he really appreciates these fans who travel long distances just for him. Very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 411August 17, 2018 4:01 AM

Maybe the lady doesn't speak English, thus the nametag she wore.

by Anonymousreply 412August 17, 2018 4:03 AM

He gave a lot of thrills to a lot of fans this summer just by being nice. He’s a class act.

by Anonymousreply 413August 17, 2018 4:27 PM

I'm impressed that he stage-doored almost every day/night!

by Anonymousreply 414August 17, 2018 5:02 PM

He definitely has an understanding that just by giving someone a minute or less of his day he not only probably gained a few fans but solidified the dedication that the ones he already has have for him.

It says a lot that after all these years no one seems have a bad face to face story about him.

by Anonymousreply 415August 17, 2018 6:03 PM

He was exceptionally nice at the stage door and made a huge effort to go out to sign over the 15 weeks. I think he skipped the stage door only one or two nights. I'm sure there were nights when he just wanted to sneak off but he really made an effort with people. Then you have people getting annoyed on Twitter because he didn't like their tweets even though he gave fans a lot of his time every night for 3 months in person. He barely uses his Twitter anymore so confused as to why some feel the need to guilt him into liking tweets.

by Anonymousreply 416August 17, 2018 6:20 PM

[quotes]He barely uses his Twitter anymore so confused as to why some feel the need to guilt him into liking tweets.

Fans are gonna' fan.

However, if @chrissyteigen can handle 10 million followers who give each of her tweets thousands of favorites and RTs (all talking to her) while she reaps the benefits of having everything she writes also be written about in various publications then so can he. When he used to Tweet many of his tweets would get picked up by different mags.

He never seemed to learn that he can limit what he sees by using his Notification Settings and even by Muting Key Words. Fans will eventually take the hint. It might also be easy for him to tweet if he doesn't feel the burden of seeing who is talking to him and thinking he has to respond.

Antoni from Queer Eye even mentioned that his manager told him to use Twitter but NEVER read the comments or search his name. By limiting his notifications to, say, people he follows he would have probably had an easier time using it.

Judging by his accidental "butt RT" he definitely reads Twitter. He's just smart enough to keep quiet.

by Anonymousreply 417August 17, 2018 8:24 PM

Think some of his fans just don't get that he doesn't owe them a 'like' or a "response" online. His likes or retweets are fairly random enough but he seems to only like tweets once or twice a day. That thing some of his fans were trying to get him to day (like a tweet by a different person for charity) was odd. Bad timing too as it was just after the show had ended and he was heading home where he probably spend a less time online.

by Anonymousreply 418August 17, 2018 8:59 PM

Twitter is a wonderful tool. It made that orange asshole president. Matt just doesn't like it much, I think he fears the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 419August 17, 2018 11:45 PM

It sounded like I thought Twitter was wonderful because it made Trump president. No. What I meant was that Twitter is a powerful too, if you use it to your advantage.

by Anonymousreply 420August 17, 2018 11:50 PM

*tool (rolls eyes)

by Anonymousreply 421August 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Fans should not involve Matt in raising money for charity without getting his permission first in private. It’s wrong to try to pressure him into doing what they want by saying it’s for charity. He can make his own decisions about how to handle Twitter, interact with fans, and raise money for charitywithout their interference.

by Anonymousreply 422August 18, 2018 3:00 AM

R422 especially as it's being done for not the most selfless of reasons. Fans just want likes because they're jealous of others who get more attention than them.

by Anonymousreply 423August 18, 2018 5:23 AM

Sexy Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Sure Anna Nicole

by Anonymousreply 425August 18, 2018 2:20 PM

[quote]Fans just want likes because they're jealous of others who get more attention than them.

What does that mean? Are the Likes for points or something? Do you get to redeem them somehow? What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 426August 18, 2018 2:33 PM

R426 don't really know. Judging by this tweet it would seem that money will be donated to charity of Matt likes tweets from different people and not just the same fans he usually notices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427August 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Nah, they just repressed the Matt’s attention/approval.

by Anonymousreply 428August 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Well, that fizzled.

by Anonymousreply 429August 18, 2018 4:27 PM

His fans are fucking annoying. He had some decent ones before who asked for his permission to do charity fundraiser but they are now quiet or have locked their handles. His fan site owner left the fandom entirely because of his fans.

by Anonymousreply 430August 18, 2018 5:41 PM

Most of his fans are harmless-just older women who like to to tweet him a lot. Some just get annoyed that he doesn't pay as much attention to them as others. A lot of them probably still see him as Neal Caffery or think of him as their 'internet boyfriend". Social media has created an expectation of false intimacy so when Matt likes tweets or posts, some fans just think it signals friendship or something. Always find it weird when some tweet @ him directly and call him "Matty". He's not your friend, don't call him by his nickname.

by Anonymousreply 431August 18, 2018 6:30 PM

R430 "His fan site owner left the fandom entirely because of his fans."

Tell us the story, please? Are you talking about mattbomerfan .org?

by Anonymousreply 432August 18, 2018 9:29 PM

Matt has liked only a couple of tweets since that white collar account started forcing him for a like. They're going to make him disappear from Twitter completely.

by Anonymousreply 433August 18, 2018 9:30 PM

He's been liking tweets less since the play ended and is probably just readjusting to being back home.

He's still pretty active on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 434August 19, 2018 12:50 AM

He's always less active on social media whenever he's in L.A. or with his family. It's been said before but he seems to prefer IG now. Twitter appears to be an afterthought for him-the odd few likes, links to his IG/promo articles and one or two happy birthday responses to fans.

by Anonymousreply 435August 19, 2018 4:18 AM

Yes, he just uses his fans.

by Anonymousreply 436August 19, 2018 4:28 AM

Gosh these so called fans are shallow and selfish. They want a “like” so they can brag about it. He’s so kind to his fans but it’s never enough. They will find something to complain about. SMDH

by Anonymousreply 437August 19, 2018 4:59 AM

R437 even worse is that a lot of his dedicated fans are older women. If they were young teenagers you'd just put it down to lack of life experience but when you're in your 30s/40s getting upset about a lack of attention, you'd want to take a look at yourself.

by Anonymousreply 438August 19, 2018 6:13 AM

[quote]Are you talking about mattbomerfan .org

I'm not R430 but I do know that MattBomerFan.com was run by Kelly from 2009 - 2014 and then Luciana took over from 2015-Present. All she said was that Kelly was too busy with her real life to do it so she handed it over to her along with the Twitter account.

[quote]Always find it weird when some tweet @ him directly and call him "Matty". He's not your friend, don't call him by his nickname.

I don't think that's any different than calling Sandra Bullock, "Sandy." He has actual nick names that only his friends call him and that isn't one of them. There's many reasons to be annoyed with them but I don't think that's one of them.

It doesn't matter what those other women do online. He knows enough to stay away from playing games with them. It's embarrassing but I doubt he loses sleep over it. It will die down since he has returned to his normal private life and doesn't see fans every day.

Every celeb uses their fans R436 but he proved that he's willing to go a bit above and beyond when dealing with them and he's never rude to them which you can't say about most celebs. He has always seemed very appreciative which is all you can ask.

by Anonymousreply 439August 19, 2018 7:28 AM

He's always been decent and very kind to his fans. Anyone who has an encounter with him always speaks kindly of him. He's smart enough to know his fans are just really enthusiastic. I think it would take a fan crossing a line for him to say something.

by Anonymousreply 440August 19, 2018 8:58 AM

His fans adore him and he's nice to them, but they are pissed because he favors a couple of them over the rest. Jealousy? Yes. Matt probably enjoys the cat fight over him.

by Anonymousreply 441August 19, 2018 9:19 AM

Omg. Can we stop talking about his fans and twitter? Go back to Tumblr!

by Anonymousreply 442August 19, 2018 1:29 PM

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 443August 20, 2018 8:14 AM

Seriously, I’m missing the Duckling troll at this point. This constant back and forth about his crazy fans and how he treats them is so boring. Somehow him being on Broadway attracted new people here and you don’t get it. I can go to Tumblr or IMBD for this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 444August 20, 2018 12:15 PM

All you do R444 is come into this thread and complain

while also not offering up anything yourself.

Maybe it's you who should go to tumblr or back or Twitter with the rest of your friends since we keep talking about you.

by Anonymousreply 445August 20, 2018 12:36 PM

Sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 20, 2018 1:08 PM

R445 Funny. If I were one of those fans I certainly wouldn’t be here complaining about your boring ass posts. I’m not a gay man which is why I don’t post. I come here bc I enjoy the banter and gossip but realize this is not my space. I’m fairly certain that the people posting lately are also not get men.

by Anonymousreply 447August 20, 2018 1:43 PM

Why doesn't he have a much more vocal gay fanbase? Even looking at social media and IG, it's mostly woman who stan him.

by Anonymousreply 448August 20, 2018 1:52 PM

Gay men see him as duckling.

by Anonymousreply 449August 20, 2018 1:56 PM

[quote]I can go to Tumblr or IMBD for this nonsense.

IMDb closed down their message boards over a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 450August 20, 2018 2:11 PM

Someone pointed this out before R448. He's not like Gus Kenworthy, Troye Sivan, Adam Rippon, or even someone like Shawn Mendes who isn't openly gay but still has a gay fanbase.

He's older than all of those guys (youth is important sadly), he's married with kids and has been for a long time but even more important than all of that he didn't initially market himself that way. He was, up until a certain point, only the love interest of the straight female character. That's why he has the fan base he has. He would have had to of played it differently from the start but then he wouldn't be where he is now.

Also most celebs with gay fanbases who are also gay aren't usually actors. You can get away with being a gay singer, writer, fashion icon or comedian, but being a gay actor is a different beast.

A couple of rare exceptions would be Ezra Miller (who is technically fluid) & Sir Ian McKellan who is mostly known for his biting humor.

by Anonymousreply 451August 20, 2018 6:28 PM

Matt's fans may skew older and female, but they're loyal. They won't easily abandon him whereas young fans are fickle and quickly move on to the next new thing.

by Anonymousreply 452August 20, 2018 6:43 PM

Is there a Montgomery Clift movie coming out? what happened to Matt's Mony Clift?

by Anonymousreply 453August 20, 2018 9:35 PM

Duckling really doesn’t offer much for gay fans, he is at the age where being things like witty and charismatic and telling funny anecdotes on talk shows carry more weight than having a big ass and cheekbones. His gay appeal sort of peaked at Magic Mike.

by Anonymousreply 454August 20, 2018 9:48 PM

He seems to be already planning for a life on the other side of the camera by talking up his desire to continue to direct things. Lots of actors do it but not many talk it up as much as he has. I'm sure he'll always act but at least now he'll be able to do other things in between projects.

He'd also make a very fine producer if he wants to try that again outside of attempting to get Montgomery Clift to the screen with his good looks, charm and connections he should be good at getting financing for a film.

While I believe he'll always be handsome, it seems like he has to put in a lot of work to look the way he does or as TBITB cast said, "He doesn't eat!" Maybe he'll want to take a break from that at some point.

He has been asked and has never denied that his attractiveness doesn't have some negatives. You can't be a supporting actor when you have leading actor looks like his. As he ages I think he'll get more interesting roles like "Walking Out." That was a role he couldn't have played at any other time in his career.

by Anonymousreply 455August 21, 2018 3:47 AM

R455 most actors/singers/models don't have the most healthiest relationship with food. When you're on screen or photographed a lot, there's a lot of pressure to look good at all times. Matt seems to have done extreme dieting for some roles. Someone from the Anything film said he was living on 400 calories a day. That's just an unnecessary health risk to put yourself through, especially for a small indie movie no one will see.

by Anonymousreply 456August 21, 2018 5:45 AM

He could ruin his looks with all that dieting. Look at Matthew McConaughey.

by Anonymousreply 457August 21, 2018 6:09 AM

Yeah kinda thinking staying out in the sun all the time and smoking is responsible for McConaughey's Moroccan leather skin

by Anonymousreply 458August 21, 2018 12:47 PM

I felt like he went overboard for "The Last Tycoon" as well, R456. At some point they mostly all give up that rat race.

He looks fine between projects, even if he doesn't have abs without calorie counting at his age.

by Anonymousreply 459August 21, 2018 12:52 PM

He obviously works out, too. Beautiful biceps and back.

His costars Andrew Rannell & Charlie Carver were seen on Fire Island together last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 460August 21, 2018 2:41 PM

Losing weight drastically and then repeating that process several times is hardly good for his heart. No wonder his doctor told him to cool it down. Actors and their "processes".

by Anonymousreply 461August 21, 2018 2:44 PM

Andrew posted that he was taking Charlie Carver since he had never been before. Matt was already back in LA at that point and commented on the instagram post with likes and claps.

It does say something that Matt spent his last night in NYC with Michael B about their friendship. He also said previously on that podcast interview that the cast didn't all hang out and talk to one another before the show but he did talk to Zachary Quinto and him. It's great that he has such long lasting friendships. Michael B was also the only cast member to add a picture of Matt into their final night goodbye posts since he was strangely absent from their photos from that night except in the background of that one looking away from the camera.

by Anonymousreply 462August 21, 2018 3:06 PM

Cute new Target ad just in time for Back To School.

by Anonymousreply 463August 21, 2018 8:40 PM

I prefer the Target ads to the Smart Water ads.

by Anonymousreply 464August 21, 2018 10:31 PM

Supplementary tuition money for the Bomer Halls boys. 😀

by Anonymousreply 465August 21, 2018 10:56 PM

Matt just posted a pic of him and the family at the baseball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 22, 2018 5:35 AM

Having seen the latest family photos, you can tell that Kit is closer to Matt. They're all very cute. Nice family.

by Anonymousreply 467August 22, 2018 6:14 AM

Matt and Kit do seem to have a special bond but that dosen't mean he dosen't have the same with Simon.

by Anonymousreply 468August 22, 2018 6:26 AM

R468 we haven't really seen enough of either Matt or Simon with the boys to make a judgement like that. A few photos here and there doesn't really signify anything. Most kids always tend to be a little closer to one parent than the other but doesn't mean they aren't close to the other parent. Matt has said that Kit is crazy about football so they've probably bonded a lot over that.

by Anonymousreply 469August 22, 2018 6:41 AM

Hi, Simon R469 R468

by Anonymousreply 470August 22, 2018 6:52 AM

They call it body language

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 22, 2018 6:54 AM

Yup they definitely used a different egg donor for the two births. The two Hallses barely look alike.

Mr. Peabody looks possessed by Satan in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 472August 22, 2018 9:00 AM

Duckling has always been closest to the older Halls boy. This was inevitable given the immense psychological splitting that would have been required to put his own baby in the closet.

In a way this is good on the long run, as resentment will be a necessary ingredient that will propel Walker in his Hollywood career.

by Anonymousreply 473August 22, 2018 9:07 AM

No, R472. While Simon used the same surrogate for all of their children, one just takes more after the mother than Simon.

by Anonymousreply 474August 22, 2018 9:07 AM

I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 475August 22, 2018 9:18 AM

Look for example how the twins both have very thick sturdy necks and shoulders and the elder Halls boy has more delicate neck and shoulders. Different donor (and donor and surrogate were two different people, don’t confuse the terms)

by Anonymousreply 476August 22, 2018 9:22 AM

All three boys look like Simon-he's obviously the bio dad. Kit inherited Simon's height. Walker looked a lot like Simon in the Pride pic in July. Even looking at Matt's family, none of the kids resemble any of them. The "Matt is Walker's bio dad" has been dragging it out for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 477August 22, 2018 11:56 AM

I love that Matt is more comfortable and open to share pictures with his family! They are very sweet and look very happy!

by Anonymousreply 478August 22, 2018 1:02 PM

Sometimes I wonder how Trump supporters can be so in denial, but then I see R477 and I understand!

by Anonymousreply 479August 22, 2018 1:08 PM

R479 hasn't Simon said that all kids had the same donor/surrogate? It seems you are the one in denial who can't accept this simple fact and must cling to some weird fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 480August 22, 2018 1:22 PM

R480, Simon and Matt have both said that separately and Matthew has said that more than once.

That other person has been pushing that narrative here for years. What is it you people say here? #PunchandDelete

by Anonymousreply 481August 22, 2018 1:26 PM

Some people will never accept that Matt ordered a baby and he and Simon lied about it for selfish Hollywood reasons.

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 482August 22, 2018 1:35 PM

Kit and Walker look like full on siblings. They look so much alike. Either way, why does it even matter?

by Anonymousreply 483August 22, 2018 2:43 PM

No they don't.

by Anonymousreply 484August 22, 2018 3:02 PM

What closet R 482? Stop speaking out of your messy loose ass. I’ve followed Matt since his White Collar days and always knew he had 3 kids. Don’t know about the biology of it but that’s none of our business.

by Anonymousreply 485August 22, 2018 3:22 PM

R482 and if he did, so? who are we to judge?

by Anonymousreply 486August 22, 2018 8:16 PM

Everyone, you just have to mute the duckling troll and stop talking to her. She has been doing this for years.

In addition, this is a gossip board and people gossip. It's on the front page.

That's the whole point.

But they've already talked enough about it to know that anything the duckling troll is saying is insane and should be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 487August 22, 2018 8:49 PM

I am curious if Mr Peabody favors Walker, knowing that he has a little goldmine in his pocket.

For some reason, the Daniel Day Lewis scenes with the little boy in There Will Be Blood come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 488August 22, 2018 9:11 PM

Any fans in Wisconsin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 23, 2018 12:20 AM

Any guesses on how well Target pay's? I hope high 10 000s. Maybe 1 or 2 more before school term starts.

Much preferred Matt's ads for Armani and that new York designer, was hoping future would be more upmarket in terms of brand and content. But maybe Target pay's better and it seems to take very little effort.

by Anonymousreply 490August 23, 2018 11:36 AM

Regarding which Has child is closer to which parent. Maybe Matt seems closer to Kit because he wasn't there from the time Kit was born and Matt had to work to build that relationship. With Henry and Walker he was presumably there either from birth or very soon after. Maybe Matt was also Kit's primary carer in the for a period before White Collar

by Anonymousreply 491August 23, 2018 11:46 AM

R490 a lot of the time for IG ads, the money is usually dependent on the amount of followers a celeb has. Read once that is if an influencer had 100,000 followers, they could get 5K per post. I imagine it's a decent fee he gets. All those 7ForMankind were all sponsored content too, he just didn't state it.

R491 I think a few interviews indicated that he was around before the twins were born. For a good chunk of the twins early life he was away for half of the year so it makes sense he could be a little closer to the eldest son.

by Anonymousreply 492August 23, 2018 12:30 PM

Maybe he is simply a shitty parent who plays favorites.

by Anonymousreply 493August 23, 2018 12:32 PM

As if we know enough about Matt's family or parenting style to say whether he's a good parent or not.

by Anonymousreply 494August 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Matt will be guest starring on Will and Grace this upcoming season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495August 23, 2018 6:46 PM

Of course he will.

by Anonymousreply 496August 23, 2018 6:51 PM

R496 why do you say it like that?

by Anonymousreply 497August 23, 2018 6:52 PM

Both he and Adam Rippon instagramed photos of themselves together on their Instagram stories since they're both on the episode.

I figured he had something lined up but couldn't announce it since he didn't grow his beard back that he usually grows when he isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 498August 23, 2018 7:43 PM

R497 because it's unoriginal. For pete's sake he's doing the same episode as Adam Rippon.

If Duckling did something like Shameless or Kimmy Schmidt I would be impressed. But Will & Grace... just so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 499August 23, 2018 8:01 PM

If they get yet another season I’m sure Parsons will guest as well (after Big Bang is off the air).

by Anonymousreply 500August 23, 2018 8:07 PM

You did him and everyone knows it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 23, 2018 8:33 PM

The Duckling troll is off her meds again R497, don't fall for it!

by Anonymousreply 502August 23, 2018 8:46 PM

It would be more interesting to have Duckling as a love interest for Jack. I don't think he will play well off McCormack.

by Anonymousreply 503August 23, 2018 8:51 PM

Could also be the new “Benji, my business associate”.

by Anonymousreply 504August 23, 2018 9:04 PM

he said he woukd also go back to directing, wondering what that might be.

Happy to see him getting a comedy gig, I liked his character in Glee (especially an "audition tape" extras) I thibk he's got good comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 505August 23, 2018 9:07 PM

From E!

[quote]In addition to Rippon, Matt Bomer is coming to play as McCoy Whitman, a "smooth-talking, self-satisfied TV news anchor" who dates Will (Eric McCormack). But wait, there's more: Minnie Driver is returning as Lorraine Finster, Karen's nemesis and stepdaughter. Look for Karen (Megan Mullally) to seek her out at a strip club to try and get more money in her divorce settlement.

So, sounds like he’s playing some sort of Anderson Cooper (after playing a character named Cooper Anderson on Glee)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506August 23, 2018 9:11 PM

R501 he looks stunning there! His eyes are just captivating!

by Anonymousreply 507August 23, 2018 9:17 PM

David Schwimmer is recurring this season as Grace's boyfriend but it Matt's character is only supposed to be in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 508August 23, 2018 9:21 PM

Wow he is spoofing Anderson Cooper again?

Sad! (Trump voice)

by Anonymousreply 509August 23, 2018 9:40 PM

Looks like it's just a one episode guest appearance. Better than nothing I guess, he can't survive on indie films alone. After TLT it's almost like back to the drawing board for TV roles- can imagine it'll be tough to get another lead in a series.

R505 I assumed it's American Horror Story that he's directing but it could be something else.

by Anonymousreply 510August 23, 2018 9:57 PM

Matt is saying on social media that he loves Andrew like a brother. lol. They fucked, I think they did.

by Anonymousreply 511August 23, 2018 10:25 PM

Like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 512August 23, 2018 10:48 PM

Ultimately the reason the Will love interest is not exciting is because Duckling needs to play off an eccentric to compensate for a certain vacuous rigidity. Sort of how nobody cared for Monica until she started dating Chandler.

Rannells was well suited to the role, both onscreen and in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 23, 2018 11:08 PM

Here you come stirring up shit R511.

I still maintain if he was smart enough to hide his husband and kids + previous boyfriends from the public for years he would have been smart enough not to let anyone get an inkling that he might have been fucking Andrew if he had of been. He didn't see anything wrong with the touchy feely behavior from Andrew because they all were like that and nothing was actually going on but then people started calling him out on it after Cohen.

It's obvious he made Andrew back off. Their behavior around each other was noticeably different after that appearance.

If anything it seems like Andrew might have had a thing with Charlie but they were both at Fire Island with one Andrew's ex-flings who is a theater actor. He may still be with him. That I'm not sure about but they were dating a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 514August 23, 2018 11:34 PM

Matt would never go for someone like Andrew trust me. No matter how much Andrew was thirsting over him all summer. Can’t blame him. It will be so good to see Matt tackle comedy after a while. He’s really good at it.

by Anonymousreply 515August 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Poor R514. You’ll never accept that truth.

by Anonymousreply 516August 23, 2018 11:40 PM

Andrew was all over him like a bad rush. I hope it was just that. Matt wouldn't want to lose his beautiful family and the respect of his sons.

by Anonymousreply 517August 23, 2018 11:58 PM

*Rash. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 518August 23, 2018 11:58 PM

Pretty sure they lost their respect over the closet baby thing.

If not that, then definitely over Transbomer film.

by Anonymousreply 519August 24, 2018 12:04 AM

R519 You wish. Look, Simon won't take you back. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 520August 24, 2018 12:06 AM

His kiddos, husband, family. All intact. He’s a class act no matter how you twist it.

by Anonymousreply 521August 24, 2018 2:38 AM

It's weird how many of his fans posted that "kissing" photo from Andy Cohen's show today

when Matt didn't even post it to his own instagram & pretended like it didn't happen because he knew it looked bad.

Those are the same people who keep talking about Anything as if Matt even acknowledges it existed. You would think they would take a hint.

by Anonymousreply 522August 24, 2018 4:55 AM

R522 some of his fans aren't the brightest. Blinded by their obsession with him, they think anything he says or does is the best thing ever and will let him know. They are the kind of people who tag his husband/sister in Instagram posts even though their accounts are on private.

by Anonymousreply 523August 24, 2018 5:22 AM

I experienced major cringe when I clicked on R501's Instagram photo and read some of the comments. Most were fine, but there were two fans that had an exchange with each other that went something like "Look, we picked beautiful husbands" and the other replied "Yeah, we picked good ones." Cringe!!! I get really bad second-hand embarrassment, so I quickly clicked out of it. Aren't people embarrassed?

by Anonymousreply 524August 24, 2018 5:37 AM

R524 that's pretty tame all things considering. I've seen worse. The post itself was quite brief too-he went to town on Zachary Quinto's bday with his IG post. Although certain factors may now influence the type of things he'll post in the future.

by Anonymousreply 525August 24, 2018 6:31 AM

Will and Grace guest star, underwhelming choice. Not an Emmy in that, what next Law and Order? Sad if this and little seen indie movies are the best that is on offer. There will need to be more sponsored Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 526August 24, 2018 11:30 AM

He did say he is directing again. I think he may do that for a while and continue to do indie movies and guest appearances on other shows. Unless he has something lined up that we don't know about.

by Anonymousreply 527August 24, 2018 11:43 AM

I'm sure if the TV work dries up, he'll get a part on a Ryan Murphy project on Netflix at some stage. He could have more work lined up for TV that hasn't been announced. He hasn't been in a studio movie release since 2016 though. Probably lining up more work Broadway, but even Zachary Quinto said that he doesn't do as much as he wants on Broadway because he gets better money on TV/film. In saying that, I'm sure his finances are in decent order.

by Anonymousreply 528August 24, 2018 11:52 AM

[quote]Will and Grace guest star, underwhelming choice. Not an Emmy in that, what next Law and Order?

You're a troll, R526. Everyone from Madonna to Demi Moore, Britney Spears and Patti LuPone have guested on the show. It's considered a prestige thing for celebs with gay fans.

[quote]he went to town on Zachary Quinto's bday with his IG post.

No one spotted him with Andrew outside of show related events and functions. He was spotted with Zachary Quinto, his boyfriend, Michael B and Jim Parsons away from the show. While I'm sure they're friends, Andrew obviously has his own friend group. They're probably friends in the same way he and Gaga are friends. None of the pictures he posted were even personal ones that he took of the two of them that weren't from an event.

[quote]Probably lining up more work Broadway, but even Zachary Quinto said that he doesn't do as much as he wants on Broadway because he gets better money on TV/film.

His family lives in LA and he can't fly home every weekend like he did when he was on White Collar. Tuc Watkins brought his kids with him and the rest of the cast didn't have that factor. It's probably not a good idea to do more Broadway until next summer if even then. I can't imagine him turning around and disappearing for 4 months again so soon. It took Ryan Murphy to get him to do TBITB in the first place.

People forget that (since he committed to TBITB last summer) if there were any film or tv projects he wanted to do that were in production during that time, he had to turn them down. He couldn't work on anything for months. If The Last Tycoon hadn't of been canceled he would have went right back to that show after the production. It's better for an actor to keep their options open.

by Anonymousreply 529August 24, 2018 12:43 PM

What’s wrong with Will & Grace. The show is well respected. It was his bucket list. Probably getting paid a cool $100-200k for a few days worth of work and TONS of exposure. It’s not like he’s appearing on one of the cheesy CW shows. I’m sure there’s something more substantial lined up. He’ll get busy with Papi Chulo & the Susan Sarandon movie promos that may have some awards buzz I hear

by Anonymousreply 530August 24, 2018 4:44 PM

Jesus Christ he is not getting paid 200,000 for a guest appearance, you psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531August 24, 2018 4:49 PM

most likely 8000 per day per deadline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532August 24, 2018 4:53 PM

R530 omg hahaha 100K-200K for a one-episode guest star appearance!! Lol That's possibly the most bonkers thing I've read on here. For like less than 15 mins screen time, you'd expect a guest star to get paid the salary of a lead actor on a network T.V. show. Yikes! He probably was only on about 100K-150K for The Last Tycoon anyway.

by Anonymousreply 533August 24, 2018 5:21 PM

His pay rate, I don't even know why we're talking about this, is based on a few factors:

1. Network or cable. The show is a Network show. They always pay more can a cable guest apperance.

2. How many days he's going to work. Some actors have a rate for just working one day. Adam Rippon is probably just working one day. Matt is probably working more than just one day. He'll get paid for all 8 or so days of production whether he physically works every day or not. It's a tv show so he'll at least be in around 3 scenes.

3. How much his agent negotiates for him. He's not just anybody.

He'd be a "top of the show" Special Guest Star role performer. So [bold]minimum[/bold] he's required to get around 6K but he's also Matt Bomer. So he could be getting [bold]anywhere[/bold] from 6 to 20K+ for the episode. You just don't know. He's not going to make more than an actual star of the show but the only reason he's on the show is because he is a star.

The leads on Will and Grace make the same amount, last year it was 250K an episode. Katie Holmes once did a guest appearance for 75K for an episode of a show. I'd think Matt could at least get 20K-35K but if you think he'd be making the minimum rate for that appearance at less than 10K, that's unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 534August 24, 2018 8:22 PM

R534 = idiot

"Along with the rise of co-starring roles that pay for 1-2 days of work, more and more episodic casting notices come with a note, “Won’t Break Top of Show,” meaning that even name guest stars in major roles won’t get more than the top of show quote of approx. $8,000 or less (depending on the show). There are creative ways to get around it with crafty payments to actors that a series really wants, and there still are the rare Special Guest Stars that could go as high as $20,000-$25,000 an episode, but overall, “most actors working today don’t break top of show,” one talent representative said. Additionally, many out-of-town series rely heavily on local hires for guest roles."

by Anonymousreply 535August 24, 2018 8:25 PM

Will & Grace. Pretty lame. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 536August 24, 2018 8:58 PM

He'll probably make more on his sponsored Target posts than on his appearance on the show. Actress Busy Phillips said in an interview last year that sponsored posts and IG affiliations made her more money when she had quiet acting months. Makes sense to see Matt do a bit more ads over the summer. While I'm he and the other 3 leads got paid decently for the play, probably not as much as you'd get on a series.

by Anonymousreply 537August 24, 2018 9:08 PM

Didn't those Jenner women became multi millionaires because of their massive Instagram following?. I guess ads pay well. Matt gotta find another TV show.

by Anonymousreply 538August 24, 2018 9:36 PM

Duckling Troll can call me all the names she wants and keep forwarding articles from 2015.

I don't need an article to tell me any of that since I actually know. LOL

by Anonymousreply 539August 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Post Note R535, nearly everything you've ever posted on Datalounge has been wrong.

It's sad that you feel like you have to do this. With that, I'm out!

by Anonymousreply 540August 24, 2018 9:45 PM

R540 how ca you tell what R535 posted? To me, all the posts are anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 541August 25, 2018 11:34 AM

R541, to the right side of the screen are three buttons if you click:

WW = Wit and Wisdom, that means you like the post and the person who posted it will get a notification that someone liked the post when they log on if you have browser notifications on. For instance, I just liked your post to show you. If your notifications are on it will pop up at the bottom or top of your screen.

FF = Flames and Freaks, that means the webmaster will be notified that the person is causing trouble and that he should look at the post and the thread. If enough people click it, then the person gets grey lined, ALL of their posts get put into the webmaster log with a reason why (it's at the bottom of the post) and they get banned from Datalounge like R23/R27/Creepy Murder Stalker Person did. Sometimes people get banned if the webmaster gets a notice that you're causing trouble from just seeing the post themselves or a celeb's representatives.

Head with No Symbol = Ignore, if you click that the person gets ignored and all of their posts disappear.

That's how you can tell who is posting what even if the board is anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 542August 25, 2018 2:09 PM

Almost afraid to ask but what's he likely to make for his directing gig? Read before that for hour-long shows typically earn the director 42K.

by Anonymousreply 543August 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Jesus can’t you Google? Fucking helpless.

by Anonymousreply 544August 25, 2018 3:04 PM

R542 thanks! I don't come/post often, so I'm not very familiar with the site.

Re FF: I'm not sure if I like that feature. I've noticed that many posts that are crossed out are rather harmless. I feel like people abuse it and just FF a post that offends them even if it wasn't meant to be offensive. Perhaps people are using it like the thumbs up/down on YouTube? Whatever the case, I just feel like it's another attempt to shut down meaningful conversation. These days, people would rather silence another viewpoint than talk it out.

by Anonymousreply 545August 25, 2018 3:13 PM

R545 Maybe you should start another thread about that because this one is supposed to be about Matt Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 546August 25, 2018 6:09 PM

R545, just because the posts look harmless in the thread you're in doesn't mean they didn't post something bad in another thread that's not showing up in the poster's history. There's usually a reason.

Back to Matt. There's still no trailer for Papi Chulo but I'm excited for the movie. I also noticed John Butler ignored tweets asking if Matt was going to be at TIFF. It doesn't seem like he confirmed with them or The Viper Club people yet.

by Anonymousreply 547August 25, 2018 6:56 PM

R547 He responded to someone on IG saying that it wasn't his news to tell, which is fair. He's the director of the film, he's hardly there to confirm Matt schedule lol. It's likely that Matt may go since he's the lead and it's getting a Special Presentation too. The Toronto Film Festival is a big deal. Although he said he had some directing work coming up soon so that could keep him busy.

by Anonymousreply 548August 25, 2018 7:07 PM

Sorry. I didn't mean to jack the thread. Just thinking aloud. Proceed. :-)

by Anonymousreply 549August 25, 2018 8:52 PM

Why are people so fucking angry on this website, all the time!!!

by Anonymousreply 550August 25, 2018 10:22 PM

I like this Matt Bomer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 25, 2018 10:23 PM

“This is where Andrew left his sperms!”

by Anonymousreply 552August 26, 2018 12:00 AM

Are there any recent pictures of Matt with Simon? I want to see more of that.

by Anonymousreply 553August 26, 2018 12:07 AM

R553 Matt recently shared this on Instagram but Matt did confirm today that he will be at the Toronto Film Festival, Simon will most likely be with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554August 26, 2018 12:32 AM

R553 There is also this pic of the whole family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 26, 2018 12:34 AM

[quote]Matt did confirm today that he will be at the Toronto Film Festival,

Of course he did. How convenient. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 556August 26, 2018 3:12 AM

I don't get it? Why is it convenient?

by Anonymousreply 557August 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Damn! Guess it’s back to routine time for Matt for awhile. I miss those daily fan pix! Think I’ll get one of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558August 27, 2018 10:20 PM

From Will & Grace set

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Has Bomer cheated with McCormack yet?

by Anonymousreply 560August 28, 2018 5:18 PM

Kinda surprised Duckling whored out the kids. I figured Mr Peabody would eventually whore them out but Duckling seemed above that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561August 28, 2018 5:24 PM

Matt also posted this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 28, 2018 6:38 PM

Jesus, how hard up for money is he? Will he be doing autograph shows next?

by Anonymousreply 563August 28, 2018 6:42 PM

Frankly, I would be embarrassed if I had to shill. Reminds me of when a soap (forget which) started doing obvious product placement. They even wrote it into the script. I had second-hand embarrassment, as I'm having now. Oh, Matt! Why must you be a sellout?

by Anonymousreply 564August 28, 2018 6:46 PM

He could at least do a legitimate commercial. He appeals to fraus. He could sell minivans or Slim Fast.

by Anonymousreply 565August 28, 2018 6:48 PM

IT was DAYS OF OUR LIVES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 28, 2018 6:51 PM

At least it wasn’t clam chowder in a can but yes, cheapens the whole thing.

A bit like some of the car placements in WC, to bring it back to Matt.

by Anonymousreply 567August 28, 2018 7:00 PM

[quote]Frankly, I would be embarrassed if I had to shill.

He doesn't "have" to shill.

He wants to shill.

He has always liked his free stuff. You can find many photos of him at events over the past decade where he was just there to get free stuff in exchange for appearing.

I think that makes him more normal. He also is getting paid for those and doesn't have to do much so why not do it?

I think the real problem is that most of his content consists of him doing ads in comparison to posting just photos of himself doing anything at all. At least this time he tried to post a photo that wasn't an ad before posting the ad.

by Anonymousreply 568August 28, 2018 7:03 PM

He gets paid for being sexy & handsome looking. Make hay while the sun shines!

BTW he didn’t get paid for all those fan pics at stagedoor.

by Anonymousreply 569August 28, 2018 7:10 PM

All celebs accept free stuff ("swag") on social media. This is not free stuff, this is shilling in exchange for money. There's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 570August 28, 2018 7:10 PM

I don't mind production placement in films/TV shows, if done properly. In fact, I prefer actual products than made-up ones. However, it has to be natural, like someone casually ordering a Coors Light when entering a bar instead of the generic "beer" we usually hear from characters.

by Anonymousreply 571August 28, 2018 7:11 PM

My favorite instagram pics of him are just ones where he's being completely normal. Not posing with celebrity friends or ones where he's posting his old fashion shoots.

He used to post normal pics of him on Twitter years ago when he would post. Not everything has to be work related. Halle Berry's instagram looks like a professional photographer took every photo but it's still just Halle working out and playing her with kids.

I really liked this photo when he posted it and it got more attention than some of the stuff he has posted recently because people connected with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 28, 2018 7:24 PM

Duckling is simply not very interesting. The whole BITB experience would have been a colossal bore had he not decided to cheat with Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 573August 28, 2018 7:29 PM

R573 Well he's managed to keep you obsessed for a few years at least, so I am sure he's interesting enough for some more mentally stable people

by Anonymousreply 574August 28, 2018 8:13 PM

R573, you're bored again, aren't you?

Ever since 2015 or earlier anytime someone says something nice about Matt or people are being supportive you appear, call him Duckling several times and make up things about him. Remember the time you posted that his "star meter" on IMDb had fallen because you couldn't think of anything negative to say?

R574 is right. You've never stopped talking about him and it has been years. He's a successful gay man with a husband and children. He is loved by many. Maybe you should go out and try and get some of those things for yourself instead of constantly chastising him because he exists.

by Anonymousreply 575August 28, 2018 8:53 PM

I'm sure those Target ads pay well. Those indie movies aren't going pay private-school fees for three kids. You swear he was the only celeb to do sponsored posts or include his kids in. He didn't even show their faces.

His social media usage is primarily a PR tool for himself. His rare personal posts are decent. It's shame he doesn't share of his personality online but it seems like something he really refrains from.

by Anonymousreply 576August 28, 2018 8:56 PM

His target ads are cringeworthy. I'm saying this as a fan.

by Anonymousreply 577August 28, 2018 8:57 PM

He’s straightforward and classy in everything he does. Even cheesy ads. I can believe he shops at Target something I wouldn’t of most celebs.

by Anonymousreply 578August 28, 2018 9:03 PM

All sponsored posts are cringe-worthy. No one comes across cool doing them. But its easy money. For actors that aren't big movie stars that can rake in millions per movie, I'm sure IG ads are easy money and can take the pressure off when they aren't working much.

by Anonymousreply 579August 28, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]emember the time you posted that his "star meter" on IMDb had fallen because you couldn't think of anything negative to say?

Ha! That wasn’t me. I wouldn’t care for such things.

If you said I had inserted a comment about the closet baby into a discussion of his star meter, then I would have believed you!

by Anonymousreply 580August 28, 2018 9:49 PM

Speaking of closet baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 28, 2018 10:00 PM

I'm sure Matt mentioned in an interview that the boys wore a school uniform at their private school. So the picture is what? What the boys would look like if they didn't wear uniform? It is only an ad .... and I suppose fraus won't know what his kids actually wear to school..... ..

by Anonymousreply 582August 28, 2018 11:13 PM

3 inoffensive and not very time consuming 'ads' have paid his son's school fees for a year... hard to argue with that

by Anonymousreply 583August 28, 2018 11:20 PM

Tuition is probably 20,000 each... doubt they paid that much.

by Anonymousreply 584August 28, 2018 11:30 PM

Why doesn’t he whore Stella out for Alpo? She’s photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 585August 28, 2018 11:31 PM

This article says he’d get around 10,000 per endorsement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 28, 2018 11:37 PM

I do not understand this cult of celebrity. What prompts people to buy something because a famous person likes it or recommends it? Then again, commercials/advertisements have never worked on me.

by Anonymousreply 587August 29, 2018 3:39 AM

If only Andy Warhol had an explanation

by Anonymousreply 588August 29, 2018 9:49 AM

Looking forward to this episode of Will & Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 30, 2018 3:06 AM

I had no idea McCormack’s head was so big.

by Anonymousreply 590August 30, 2018 4:18 AM

Papi Chulo will screen at London Film Festival in October

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 30, 2018 10:06 AM

This Fall is going soooo much better for Matt than last year! He must be happy.

by Anonymousreply 592August 30, 2018 5:00 PM

From the above description it seems like Matt's character in Papi Chulo is also into older men which is why he finds Patino's character as a non-sexual "replacement."

by Anonymousreply 593August 30, 2018 6:43 PM

Matt and family seen in Laguna Beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594September 3, 2018 2:25 AM

Makes sense, he Instagrammed a picture from the beach a day or two ago with the caption, "Finally." Figured they went on holiday for the holiday.

by Anonymousreply 595September 3, 2018 4:06 AM

Laguna Beach? No wonder he needs the extra income.

by Anonymousreply 596September 3, 2018 7:28 AM

To quote you, "Idiot," R596!

Kids only have one day off of school. They weren't going to fly off to Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 597September 3, 2018 3:34 PM

R594 Matt looks so yummy there! He's really holding up in his forties.

by Anonymousreply 598September 3, 2018 3:40 PM

🦆🦆🦆🦆

by Anonymousreply 599September 3, 2018 3:50 PM

🐥🐥🐥🐥

by Anonymousreply 600September 3, 2018 3:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!