Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls part 5

Let's continue...

by Anonymousreply 600July 26, 2018 4:44 PM

He's been receiving many gifts from fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2018 1:20 PM

Still flirting with each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2018 1:21 PM

Stupid thread title OP. They will be divorced soon.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2018 1:27 PM

R3 Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2018 1:28 PM

Matt in his private ig has this profile picture, how sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2018 1:46 PM

r5 Who are Christopher and Katrina?

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2018 1:50 PM

[R6] Christopher is Kit and Katrina is the cat!

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2018 1:57 PM

Katrina and Lucky, the elder dog, are quite low key.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2018 9:06 PM

I had no idea Kit's name was actually Christopher.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2018 12:22 AM

Lol, Simon must be intimidating, a fan has a gift for him, a block with pictures of him and Matty and a hat, I want to see Matt face lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2018 12:26 AM

R10 How does that make him intimidating? I bet he's thrilled that he's SO accepted and welcomed by his husband's fans.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote]Lol, Simon must be intimidating, a fan has a gift for him, a block with pictures of him and Matty and a hat, I want to see Matt face lol.

Matt will be nice, he's always nice. He follows that woman.

Another woman said she spoke to Simon three days ago and she was surprised at how nice he actually was.

That woman probably got glared at because they weren't really in a location where they were looking to talk to people and from how that reads she was taking pictures of him, not talking to him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2018 2:35 AM

Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons were at Angels in America today. Jim's husband was there, and Matt was sitting with sexy bald guy. No idea who it was. I was sitting a few rows behind them.

A few people went up to them and they seemed friendly and not bothered.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote]I had no idea Kit's name was actually Christopher.

"Kit" is a nickname for "Christopher." Has been, all my life. You'd prefer "Chrissy"?

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2018 5:37 AM

The crowds waiting at Stage Door are massive. In UK after Angels in America there were 8 ppl waiting for Garfield, no security - after signing our playbills he just walked away casually with some girl.

I think unless it's a play that attracts a lot of tourists like Hamlet with Cumberbatch at the peak of his popularity it's pretty low key affair.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2018 5:50 AM

R15 - i meant to say that crowds in US are massive in comparison to UK :)

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2018 5:55 AM

The podcast is already available in case you've subscribed. From his bio done by Ilana:

'Upcoming, Matt will star in and produce a film based on Hollywood film legend Montgomery Clift. Ira Sachs will direct from the screenplay Ira co-wrote with Mauricio Zacharias.'

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote]Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons were at Angels in America today.

Matt and Jim were spotted by a woman leaving the show as she was walking to her car. She said she heard two people talking about the show and then when she turned around to join the conversation she was shocked it was them, apologized and ran away.

The play closes this upcoming Sunday. That explains why they had to see it now since they'd be working all week and would have had to of tried to land tickets for the last night.

It seems like they split up after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2018 6:09 AM

LOL

it’s the same interview he’s done for the past decade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2018 8:16 AM

Well to be fair it's the same questions he's been asked for the last decade. I wonder what happened with the bits about parenting - well they edited out or did I miss them?

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2018 9:12 AM

Disappointing, does Matt avoid interesting interviewers or have they all retired?

by Anonymousreply 21July 2, 2018 10:30 AM

He presents them with a list of talking points which he will reply to and tells them what they cannot ask him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 2, 2018 11:51 AM

That the old PMK method BTW

by Anonymousreply 23July 2, 2018 11:54 AM

Well he mentioned he had been unlucky in love before meeting Simon and a bit more about his family religiousness, she could have digged deeper there or on the fopic of coming out and the aftermath - he seemed OK going there

by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2018 12:21 PM

Quite like the fact that Simon can be intimidating, he seems to have a greater range of public emotions than Matt and Matt is a trained actor.

If Matt isn't interested or focused in situations where he encounters people he appears blank or not quite "there".

Simon on occasion can appear like a close protection body guard when out with Matt, quite endearing.

Matt as Christian Grey seemed a stretch to me but Simon as a Dom seems entirely credible....

by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2018 12:27 PM

Ducklings gonna ducklate.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2018 12:40 PM

Duckling troll returns

by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2018 1:13 PM

[quote] Well to be fair it's the same questions he's been asked for the last decade. I wonder what happened with the bits about parenting - well they edited out or did I miss them?

Seems like they slid a section in there in the end when you thought the interview was over that matched the clip she posted.

I'm not sure there are any more questions that he hasn't been asked already. You can tell Simon helped setup this interview since the interviewer and Simon are friends.

[quote]Matt as Christian Grey seemed a stretch to me

It was more interesting when he was on WWHL an appearance or so ago when he admitted that someone involved with this film approached him to ask if he was interested in it and he said no.

Also a few years ago a DLer said their friend knew him in college and he was actually a giant dork and not at all what you'd think. That fits with what he has said here.

by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2018 3:28 PM

Duckling has worked to suppress the inner spaz/dork and the anodyne personality he presents that never says anything new, clever or interesting is basically Halls’ work.

I strongly suspect that he and Rannells are actually very much alike except Rannells is better integrated and very comfortable in his own skin. Bomer strikes me as someone with an unstable sense of self, therefore his ongoing quest for his “authentic self” and the wildly oscillating roles he has chosen where he goes from male stripper to tranny hooker.

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2018 4:44 PM

It was a good interview, his voice is very soothing. He wasn't very lucky in love until he met Simon, Lol when she said that Simon is like a brother to her and she loves him very much, but she didn't know Matt very well. I was hoping for more personal questions, didn't she say Matt talked about fatherhood?

by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2018 5:11 PM

He briefly mentioned he had to pick projects for money instead of doing theatre because he has three kids.

I seriously doubt he was contributed that heavily to the finances back in the day, but I'm sure the intention was just a "I have kids" shoutout.

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2018 5:39 PM

That soap opera story. At this stage he should just play a recording of himself telling that anecdote. Strange how he seems to always talk about that more than White Collar. As if many people care that he was in a soap opera almost 20 years ago. She didn't seem to ask many personal questions in fairness. Maybe she knows that he doesn't like to get too personal about his family. The part about him idolizing his brother as a kid and then noting that that it was his sister he was close to now was an interesting snippet. Would have loved for her to push on that more.

I'd love to hear an interview with Simon. He's so in the background but the stories he must have. I remember Bruce Bozzi said Simon was a dream quest on his radio show (although Bozzi's interview skills leave a lot to be desired) .

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2018 6:09 PM

If he wanted to be seen equally as a parent and partner then he probably did try to at least split the cost of raising the kids or at least their schooling which is probably expensive. Even if he wasn't making as much money as his husband, that didn't mean he wanted to be seen as a freeloader. That happens in most relationships.

He said in the Bozzi interview he was celibate in college, then he said stopped dating women/being sexually active with women after his freshman year and then he was celibate at a certain point. He said this time he stopped dating women seriously after his freshman year, continued to date women but not seriously and then stopped his junior year.

[quote]Strange how he seems to always talk about that more than White Collar. As if many people care that he was in a soap opera almost 20 years ago.

This is a rare case where soaps were once a very NY thing so in talking about it they both knew some of the same people, some of whom she has even interviewed. It makes sense they'd talk about that more this time. I agree, he does always talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2018 6:25 PM

There were some interested bits, especially how he wanted to be a marine biologist and was fascinated by sharks. He also mentioned Traveller too and Chuck. Would love to hear his thoughts on the Last Tycoon and his directing work. She did really focus in a certain part of his early life but she did the same with her interview with Sarah Jessica Parker too.

Generally as a journalistic rule, you shouldn't really interview people you're friends with or are close with someone they are close to as you're not going to ask the juicy questions or the more personal as you have a lot of respect for their private lives. I think Ilana Levine just over hyped the interview so much that I suspect people were expecting an extremely intimate conversation.

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2018 6:37 PM

That was anticlimax with cherry on bottom. 98 % stuff we already know.

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2018 6:46 PM

She’s kinda a cunt for hyping this like she did.

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2018 6:49 PM

What projects did he pick for money? He meant after white collar or before?

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2018 6:53 PM

The only project duckling would possibly have done for money would be Magic Mike 2.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2018 6:55 PM

I'm guessing he was offered a couple of theatre roles after White Collar perhaps? Magic Mike XXL and The Last Tycoon would have only been the only two projects to give him decent paychecks. Maybe he turned down something on Broadway for The Last Tycoon.

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2018 7:04 PM

The Last Tycoon was actually flattering to him though, at least in concept.

MMXXL was just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2018 7:11 PM

Well Magic Mike XXL was hardly presented as a serious film. It was meant to be just fun. The Last Tycoon could have been good for him had it not been horrifically written and put together.

The podcast with Ilana Levine wasn't too bad, just the same old stories. The part when he talked about how his family went to churn multiple times a week you could hear that subtle change in his tone-he stressed the words and seemed so irritated. No doubt his knee conservative family caused a lot of pain for him.

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2018 7:26 PM

R33 surely a year into White Collar he was making more than Simon? 100 000 per episode at the end, which was at least his rate for AHS and The Last Tycoon.

For The Good Guys and Magnificent 7, high 100 000? All the other films, walking out, anything.,papi culo scale?

As Simon's salary is probably high 100 000s but under a million Matt has earned more for probably 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2018 7:36 PM

if the bio she wrote is true he will be producing Monty biopic which is good news. Shame she did not dig deeper there.

by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Matt's been out earning Simon since White Collar. Aside from that show, his only really big paychecks have been Magic Mike XXL and The Last Tycoon (maybe a decent sum for The Nice Guys). But he'd be paid next to nothing for all his indie films. He has hasn't been in a big studio release in two years so I'm guessing The Last Tycoon and the director gig made it possible for him to do those two indies (Vulture Club and Papi Chulo) earlier this year/end of last year. I'm sure the main 4 guys in Boys in the Band are getting a higher than average Broadway salary anyway.

by Anonymousreply 44July 2, 2018 8:10 PM

R42, he was talking about before White Collar since at that point in the convo he was talking about doing theater and why he hadn't made his Broadway debut until now. I know he said he left a show they were workshopping to do the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

He mentioned on the SIrius XM panel interview that he was with Simon before he got White Collar.

Prior to that he was killed off Tru Calling, Traveler got cancelled and he was guesting on Chuck until that show got cancelled. White Collar was his first long term gig.

He only made about 50K an episode for White Collar until S3. Even then if he made 100K an episode for any of those you have to deduct what he would have had to pay his agent and/or manager who get a flat percentage of every check plus his publicist + taxes. Everybody forgets that part.

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2018 8:29 PM

I did love at the start of the podcast when she mentioned Texas Chainsaw Massacre and he laughed. Think that's been the only project where he's openly regretted it. I imagine a lot of his early Broadway opportunities coincided with the start of his relationship with Simon and he went down the TV/film route in L.A. to be with Simon and the kids instead of staying in New York.

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2018 8:48 PM

Mr Peabody earns between 400 and 500k annually.

Magic Mike XXL was not an embarrassment because it was a lightweight film, it was an embarrassment because he was horrible in it and had nothing to do. He barely even stripped. Manganiello at least got in a good comedic scene that showed he had talent beyond the body.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2018 8:51 PM

LOL

Duckling gave up on Broadway when he started doing television and then concentrated on TV and film work. If you look at IMDB he actually underworked those years. He only went out for work during pilot season.

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2018 8:54 PM

He seemed very relaxed and willing to talk openly. It was the interviewer who kept cutting him off and flitting from subject to subject. She didn’t seem to want to get into anything with much depth. He just followed her lead.

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2018 9:08 PM

Definitely agree that she didn't ask the best questions and missed a real opportunity to get real in depth content. Then again, she's not a journalist so you can't expect the same level of questioning as you would elsewhere.

Is there reason Matt worked so little between 04 to 07? It's like had only project per year. And he didn't even really do many episodes of TV shows.. Most up and coming actors do a couple of episodes of different TV shows per yeah but he doesn't really have that

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2018 9:24 PM

So he met Simon and he wanted to start a family instead of making a career on Broadway? It must have been love at first sight.

by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2018 9:28 PM

[quote]Is there reason Matt worked so little between 04 to 07?

Struggling actor have to hustle, do guest arcs on series, tv movies, day work in films. Guy who is shacking up with Simon Halls does not.

After duckling went under Halls's wing (pun intended) he basically only went to look for work during pilot season.

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2018 9:31 PM

Mr Peabody was already in process of starting family when the met Bomer. David Burtka was going to be Kit's mother. Mr Peabody chucked him when he met Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2018 9:33 PM

What?! Monty is happening?!

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2018 9:33 PM

She was great at asking acting related questions and following up on those but not much else. It also seemed like she ran out of time at the end because he had to go and they crammed 5 topics into 5 minutes.

He said himself in the interview that he was going to auditions but just not booking anything.

I see the duckling troll is back and this was such a good discussion until then.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2018 9:33 PM

Bish plee.

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote]He said himself in the interview that he was going to auditions but just not booking anything.

This is incorrect. Duckling booked a fall pilot every year he was with Halls.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2018 9:35 PM

The duckling troll is incredible, he knows more about Matt & Simon than Matt & Simon themselves.

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2018 9:51 PM

There can’t be very much about Matt’s career that we don’t know by now. I’d like to hear him talk more about being gay and coming out.

IBTW if Simon dumped Burtka for Matt, that means Matt & Simon were together when Kit was born. Anyway, who wouldn’t rather have Matt?

by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2018 12:05 AM

Did Simon dump Burtka for Matt? When did he and Matt get together? I know David and NPH have been together since 2004. David was doing Gypsy with Kate Reinders, who introduced them.

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2018 1:09 AM

Is the duckling troll actually Burtka, jealous that he did not get to play mommy to kit?

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2018 1:32 AM

R61 right on!

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2018 2:16 AM

It seems unlikely they were together before Kit was born. Makes more sense that they got together after he was born but before they had the twins. It would be a reason why he never states the timeline of the relationship as he doesn't want anything thinking he's less of Kit's dad because he wasn't there from the beginning. Other than that, can't see why he'd be so guarded about the start of his relationship

by Anonymousreply 63July 3, 2018 4:53 AM

Matt said in this podcast that he read the bible every night and that in college when his room mate had girls over he would leave them telling them he had bible reading to do (he just joking) but wow! .

by Anonymousreply 64July 3, 2018 5:27 AM

R63, that agrees with the Halls surrogacy interview. He had a child, was planning on having two more but was doing it alone. They could have been dating during the article but not serious enough for him to mention that he had a partner. He just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would get someone to be a parent to their children if they weren't going to stick around and had dated long enough.

R64, He said the roommate used to bring girls in the room while he was still there to hookup with him. He didn't say he left the room but he implied he said to his roommate he couldn't judge him if he wanted to read the bible in his room since he's able to hook up in the room. If you combine this with the Bozzi interview it seems he was still pretty religious after college believing angels were protecting him when he was walking home at night and wondering if he should pray with people if they needed help. Even if he has moved beyond that it says a lot about his character.

by Anonymousreply 65July 3, 2018 7:37 AM

Worst podcast host ever! She was interrupting him so much that I wanted to scream stfu please! She let him go on and on about stuff that we have memorized already for years but when he was going to say something new she would interrupt him and change the subject. She won't dig anything interesting. Awful host. Opportunity totally missed. It's obvious that she did not researched him well, is clueless about his previous interviews and way more interested in using his fame to promote herself. He agreed to this because of Simon and then she totally screwed up. UGH!

by Anonymousreply 66July 3, 2018 8:15 AM

She just didn't ask smart questions. The interrupting and interjecting of her own voice was a little disheartening as she disrupted his flow. I remember some of his interviews with Frank Decaro on Sirius XM a few years back and they are are much better. Decaro managed to get him to open up a lot more. Ilana Levine isn't an experienced journalist or radio host so it's not surprising she didn't get a better interview out of him.

by Anonymousreply 67July 3, 2018 10:06 AM

[quote]that agrees with the Halls surrogacy interview. He had a child, was planning on having two more but was doing it alone. They could have been dating during the article but not serious enough for him to mention that he had a partner.

Why U do this?

by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2018 10:10 AM

R66 Yes to everything.

by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2018 10:18 AM

Duckling traded a deeply narcissistic control freak father (changing religions whenever it needed to suit him) for another (Mr Peabody, who still holds an umbrella over him even when duckling has his own umbrella.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2018 10:19 AM

R70 Jealous much? what would you give to have somebody hold his umbrella for you like that.

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2018 10:21 AM

🦆🐥☔️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 3, 2018 10:26 AM

whatever the reasons for his choices he seems really happy, you R72 in contrast seem really miserable

by Anonymousreply 73July 3, 2018 10:30 AM

I have yet to see them happy like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Simon treats him like a princess, he's supportive, caring and protecting, of course Matt fell for him! Maybe Matt was tired of shallow men and he wanted a family more than a career and when he met Simon he could have both even if it wasn't on Broadway, but he seems happy and proud to be married and have kids. I wonder how his life would have been like if he hadn't found Simon.

by Anonymousreply 75July 3, 2018 11:00 AM

He'd probably be a decent theatre or Broadway actor but he wouldn't have had the same level success he has now I don't think. His Ryan Murphy projects are all due to Simon.

by Anonymousreply 76July 3, 2018 11:55 AM

Why and how did GL get rid of Ben Reade?

by Anonymousreply 77July 3, 2018 11:59 AM

R75 Matt's life without Simon? Less personally and professionally successfully successful at the very least. Probably a more difficult relationship with his family too.

Many speculate on Matt's relationship with his father, however is his mother the more important figure in the family?

by Anonymousreply 78July 3, 2018 12:27 PM

What about Matt's relationship with his brother? anyone knows?

by Anonymousreply 79July 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Matt appears to be closer to the women in his family. Although he has spoken about how he and his father have a bonded more since Walking Out. I'm guessing there's still a lot of unresolved issues with the family. He's hardly going to air them in public.

Didn't someone post on an earlier thread that his brother's wife liked a lot of Trump tweets and conservative politicians on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 80July 3, 2018 12:37 PM

Duckling asked to be written off Guidling Light because he had been cast in Tru Calling.

by Anonymousreply 81July 3, 2018 12:39 PM

In the interview didn't she say that Simon loved him in Guiding Light or am I wrong? Does this mean that Simon knew him back then, I mean I don't think he is the type to watch soap opera?

by Anonymousreply 82July 3, 2018 1:06 PM

That worked out well for him, R81.

BTW, do you really see a duckling when you look at Matt Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 83July 3, 2018 1:10 PM

Yes, when he is in duckling mode.

by Anonymousreply 84July 3, 2018 1:16 PM

What is "duckling mode"?

by Anonymousreply 85July 3, 2018 1:19 PM

See R70

by Anonymousreply 86July 3, 2018 1:23 PM

R85 = Ilana Levine.

by Anonymousreply 87July 3, 2018 1:32 PM

R80, there may not be anything wrong. He said his dad used to make his office watch “Guiding Light” every day when he was on. (He was already out to them at that point & would still visit.)

He said his brother used to protect him when they worked with ex-cons on gas lines and his he would lend him his ID to go to gay bars when he was underage.

He talked about his parents coming to stay with them last summer when they were on vacation with the kids. He is probably just closer to his sister.

However, it’s clear his parents don’t want to see everything he has done. He said they would never see Magic Mike.

by Anonymousreply 88July 3, 2018 2:08 PM

I wonder what his parents think of Transbomer film.

by Anonymousreply 89July 3, 2018 2:09 PM

Is r86's answer of "see r70" an example of actual "begging the question"?

by Anonymousreply 90July 3, 2018 2:11 PM

He's shilling light therapy on his story today.

by Anonymousreply 91July 3, 2018 3:58 PM

Well he said it's not a paid advertisement.

He usually doesn't say anything if he's actually shilling something that he is being paid/given something for free for.

If only he had of had someone else take that picture so you could have seen his whole naked chest.

by Anonymousreply 92July 3, 2018 4:19 PM

He's being literal.

They didn't PAY him.

They just gave him something for free.

by Anonymousreply 93July 3, 2018 4:20 PM

Wow. So he's just in his apartment with that thing hanging on his wall?

He should learn that if he wants to push products on instagram he also has to use his instagram stories for other things.

Otherwise is just seems strange.

by Anonymousreply 94July 3, 2018 4:33 PM

Matt liked this sweet post about Simon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 3, 2018 5:55 PM

r95 That just confirms that their relationship is as strong as ever. DL just have to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 96July 3, 2018 7:03 PM

I wonder if Halls will sue for alimony.

by Anonymousreply 97July 3, 2018 7:09 PM

[R95] That's pretty sweet! Matt is still in love with Simon and he knows is very lucky to have him!

by Anonymousreply 98July 3, 2018 7:44 PM

R95, the fact that he's wearing his wedding ring even when he doesn't have to all the time confirms it too.

Did anyone catch him mentioning the Boys in the Band's cast during the Little Known Facts interview, the first time saying he adores them platonically and the second time that it's a "very affectionate platonic affectionate cast?" It sounded awkward but probably because he felt like he had to say.

by Anonymousreply 99July 3, 2018 7:57 PM

R99– if his definition of platonic is allowing the others to breed him only once per day

by Anonymousreply 100July 3, 2018 8:31 PM

[R99] Yeah, I think he doesn't want people to think that there's something more, after that kiss, it wasn't respectful to Simon and his kids.

by Anonymousreply 101July 3, 2018 8:39 PM

I did a brief search on twitter and 95% of the tweets regarding TBITB are about Matt + plenty of photos of him.

by Anonymousreply 102July 3, 2018 9:06 PM

R95, Simon also liked that photo. It's cute that they both did.

R101, Matt didn't even post the photo to his own instagram and lately, unless the two are the only two actors at an event, they seem to be separated. They had them on opposite sides of the stage at Broadway Cares and even in their Pride message and the last few times they were on camera together since Quinto and Parsons aren't ever there anymore Matt seems to keep his hands firmly in front of him. He has to be aware.

R102, in the NY1 interview Michael B Washington referred to him as the "leading man, leading man, leading man." They all seem to be aware that people are there to see Matt, and he is too, which is probably why sometimes he's the only one going out to sign. He really should be a bigger star than he is. He definitely draws people to him.

by Anonymousreply 103July 3, 2018 10:39 PM

A fan on twitter was a stage door tonight said she saw Simon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 4, 2018 1:51 AM

Another tweet from the fan a stage door. She she Matt and Simon in the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 4, 2018 1:53 AM

R104, it makes sense that Simon would come to town for the 4th of July. Didn't they rent a cabin last year at this time? Cute!

by Anonymousreply 106July 4, 2018 1:56 AM

Good video. I'm glad Simon is with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 107July 4, 2018 2:38 AM

Matt liked this on Instagram LMAOOOOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 4, 2018 3:37 AM

If you’re going to over analyze at least try to be factual. Don’t let your delusions take over. (Laughing at these fangirls invading DL.) Don’t minimize the the rest of the actors. Jim Parsons did a Broadway show and sold tickets on his name alone with An Act of God. This is his fourth time on Broadway. Fans traveled to see him for a one night only reading. Matt may be the love in your eyes but he isn’t the only draw. He’s making his Broadway debut. This is new to all you fangilrs. This access to him at stage door is new to you.

If Matt should be a bigger star than he is, chances are he’s not a big enough star to bring in all the people that show up on his own.

Also, those tweets are creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 109July 4, 2018 3:45 AM

What you see online are just snippets of people attending Broadway show and getting photos with the stars and Matt. There's probably a lot more theatre goers who go to the show who don't go to the stage door or don't post about it. Matt's also been extremely generous and present at the stage door in comparison to Parsons /Quinto so hence why you see more of him. Plus, he does have an almost nude scene so people will talk about that. He most likely is a big draw but don't discount the other actors either. There's a reason Parsons is top-billed in the play.

by Anonymousreply 110July 4, 2018 4:13 AM

Judging by those tweets too, it's clear he's just fufilling the stage door obligation now. He was more enthusiastic during the first few weeks of the show but it's probably draining as hell after 9 weeks of the show.

by Anonymousreply 111July 4, 2018 4:21 AM

[R108] Lol, Is that Simon? That fan also wrote a letter to Simon and she said he is freaking beautiful and pictures do not do him justice. A bit creepy.

by Anonymousreply 112July 4, 2018 10:57 AM

Fans are creepy. I’d keep my kids hidden away from them.

by Anonymousreply 113July 4, 2018 11:54 AM

R109, to be fair Parsons' "Act of God" was 4 years ago and the The Boys in the Band has already made much more money with higher ticket prices. You'd have to expect it to.

It's not so much minimizing the other actors as it is noting that the presence of one of the actors seems to be overtaking that of the lead/highest billed and the other actors in the play. Although Robin de Jesus seems to have gotten the most consistently great reviews. Yes, I've been to the stage door.

And also to be fair, Bomer has carried tv shows on his own before including one that lasted for years. Rannells & Quinto can't say that. Parsons has Big Bang Theory which is a huge show but it's an ensemble show he's the biggest star of currently and I don't think most people that started watching it initially saw that coming with Cuoco and Galecki having had tv careers on popular shows before that. Either way tourists make up the Broadway audiences as well and they know those two.

We do completely agree that those tweets are [quote]creepy as fuck.[/quote] How do you even deal with that as an actor? It really seems his husband goes out of his way to stay out of the spotlight. I'm not sure why his fans don't seem to understand that. Otherwise people should leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 114July 4, 2018 2:23 PM

What I creep. Wrote a letter to Simon. Lol 😂

by Anonymousreply 115July 4, 2018 3:00 PM

Some fans are just a tad extreme. I'm sure most celebrities get freaked out by some of their more "passionate fans" but are smart enough to smile and be appreciative if they come across them. Matt seems to have been kind to all his super fans who have been at the stage door. The letter to Simon is pretty weird. He purposely stays in the background so stuff like that is way over the top from fans

by Anonymousreply 116July 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Yeah R116. She called out Simon who deliberately ignored her. Just so OTT.

by Anonymousreply 117July 4, 2018 4:42 PM

The reply wasn’t to point out Jim was/is better than Matt. It was to point out that Matt isn’t the only draw to fans. But if you want go compare, let’s. They’ve worked everything from rehearsals to the actual run around Jim’s schedule. They even held rehearsals in LA because of Jim. They knew who they needed for TBITB to sell tickets. He’s part of the biggest TV show in the world. He is part of an ensemble but has been considered the most popular and his numerous individual awards back that up.

TBITB is going to do better because AAOG was only Jim (and two Angels) and BITB has to pay off nine actors. That’s why tickets are expensive.

However, it’s debatable if any of them could carry a show on their own. Jim has 6.3M on followers on Insta while Matt only has 500k. If you aren’t following someone on social media, chances are you won’t travel to see them. TV is different than Broadway because fans either need the willingness to travel OR there needs to be enough of them that many are within reach already.

I loved Matt since Chuck. He’s good and it’s been great to see him become more successful. He definitely brings in his own crowd, plus some crazies, but Andrew and Robin bring in a lot of die-hard Broadway fans, Zach brings in his theater and sci-fi fans, Tuc and Brian have their older crowd, Charlie the younger, Michael the classic ones, and Jim is the one who will bring in your every day tourist who will travel to NYC to see him or the one looking for a show to see. They all have something to offer.

by Anonymousreply 118July 4, 2018 5:07 PM

I think all the actors together are a big draw. As posted above, out of the main 4 guys, Matt is the most accessible after the show so hence why you see more fan pics online. I saw a post last night saying that Jim, Zachary and Andrew didn't come out to the stage door but Matt did.

I wouldn't blame Simon for not giving attention to that fan. One of the fans last week said hi to him and the boys individually when they were on the way to a show even though Matt wasn't there. Probably annoyed Simon.

by Anonymousreply 119July 4, 2018 6:14 PM

Yesterday Simon with Quinto in the background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 4, 2018 7:00 PM

That’s not Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody is at least as tall as Quinto’s 6’2” and this guy is shorter

Also this guy has very big arms and Mr Peabody does not

by Anonymousreply 121July 4, 2018 7:04 PM

That looks a bit like Simon. Plus, a fan said was there last night. Could just be someone who looks a lot like him. Simon could have been working out lol there's pics of him in the gym with Matt's trainer

by Anonymousreply 122July 4, 2018 7:12 PM

It’s clealy not him, you stupid gash

by Anonymousreply 123July 4, 2018 7:17 PM

It's him, it's the perspective that makes him shorter, that's his grey hair and he has very big arms because he has been working out and he lifts Matt when he fucks him against the wall

by Anonymousreply 124July 4, 2018 7:21 PM

It's interesting and telling that Simon ignored this fan. Maybe he's fed up with the overly enthusiastic fans. She also says that he's "freaking beautiful". No, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 125July 4, 2018 10:38 PM

LOL the person is a friend of Finn Witrock’s who came backstage after the show

More photos at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 4, 2018 10:42 PM

R122, The fan that saw his husband saw him outside of the show and driving away with him.

The R120 photo is backstage.

When people have seen his husband, he just meets him outside of the show, and they go home together. It makes sense that he wouldn't be back there.

by Anonymousreply 127July 4, 2018 11:30 PM

Ok, I’d go to the stage door to see this. Think I could get a hug?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 5, 2018 2:36 AM

R128 YUMMY.

by Anonymousreply 129July 5, 2018 2:55 AM

Is he doing this on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2018 2:55 AM

If by on purpose R130, you mean, because it was 87% humidity and 87 degrees outside with a Heat Advisory in the middle of summer and he has to spend his day in an old theatre built in 1913 or outside signing autographs or getting to and from work on the subway which he still takes occasionally but is rarely ever air conditioned properly in the stations or on the train, while also having people constantly taking his photos so he doesn't wanna keep wearing the same thing every single day, then yes, it's probably on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2018 3:42 AM

R131 No need to be such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2018 4:26 AM

It's pretty warm in New York. He threw on a light t shirt. Don't see what "purpose" that could be for. Some of his fans clearly think he dresses for their benefit

by Anonymousreply 133July 5, 2018 5:20 AM

LOL! I said in the last thread he was going to start wearing a slutty tank soon. Rannells is sexing him, and he is responding in kind.

by Anonymousreply 134July 5, 2018 6:33 AM

Do you think he enjoys having women lusting after him?.

by Anonymousreply 135July 5, 2018 6:43 AM

Kit looks a lot like Simon here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 5, 2018 11:19 AM

I think Simon thanked that fan that wrote him the letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 5, 2018 11:32 AM

oh will you stop linking to that freakshow?

there's an older gay movie called Man of the Year about a tattooed white trash woman obsessed with a hunky gay man, she reminds me of that.

by Anonymousreply 138July 5, 2018 11:41 AM

[quote]LOL! I said in the last thread he was going to start wearing a slutty tank soon.

After all these years we now know the “Duckling Troll” is a woman because no actual gay man in history would ever call that a “slutty tank.” Not a single one would. Really, they wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 139July 5, 2018 11:53 AM

Not a gay woman either.

by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2018 12:06 PM

If he thanked her than that was decent of him. I'm sure he finds Matt's fans a bit mental. He comes across as someone who wouldn't humour or entertain the type of things that Matt's super fans do or say.

by Anonymousreply 141July 5, 2018 12:26 PM

It's slutty for Duckling.

by Anonymousreply 142July 5, 2018 12:47 PM

R141 She is telling people he did. That was nice of him to do.

by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2018 12:48 PM

Oh so she said online he thanked her? Did she just give him that letter?

by Anonymousreply 144July 5, 2018 1:41 PM

Matt knows who she is, security knows who she is and said she was fine and also he likes meeting his fans.

While his husband probably would get annoyed if this kind of thing happened all the time it's clear he wasn't or else he wouldn't have contacted her.

The guy has been working with celebrities for decades so he probably has a sense of who is harmless and who isn't. Also neither has shied away from social media when it comes to straight women who talk about their relationship. They've liked tweets, instagram posts and Matt even has a private insta with many of his "best" fans on it.

by Anonymousreply 145July 5, 2018 2:25 PM

Matt let fans follow his private account?? What fans are these? What's the point of a private account if he'd let fans follow him.

by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2018 2:36 PM

On July 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2018 3:22 PM

[quote]Matt even has a private insta with many of his "best" fans on it.

this is sad, so sad

by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2018 3:32 PM

Oh great, now he can talk about Carnegie Mellon and Guidling LIght in front of a live audience.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2018 3:32 PM

I really don't think any of the fans are on his private Insta (unless someone actually has proof). He only follows that Italian Family account on his public Insta so highly unlikely he would let any of his fans see more personal posts from himself.

He'll be talking about Guiding Light for the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 150July 5, 2018 4:08 PM

R150, it’s a gossip board Muriel. That was the original story told a year or so ago. Is it true? Who knows but that’s the only reason anyone even knew it existed.

I’m happy the Q&A will be posted after it is done but he really will spend all of his time talking about Guiding Light & Carnegie Mellon. The only story he used to tell he banned was how he lost weight for The Normal Heart after the press for the film was done because he didn’t want people to try it. No one has asked him about it since.

by Anonymousreply 151July 5, 2018 4:45 PM

Yummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 5, 2018 7:31 PM

Only a handful of his fans are over the top. I guess every celeb has those.

by Anonymousreply 153July 5, 2018 7:46 PM

Highly unlikely he'd follow fans on a private account.

Hope that interview next week is decent. If only he would ban that Guiding Light story. I wonder why he keeps telling it. I know all celebs have a go-to PR story to tell in interviews but it's been 18 years-talk about your other projects.

A lot of his super fans are women in their 30s and 40s who loved him in White Collar. They're harmless.

by Anonymousreply 154July 5, 2018 8:16 PM

He really appears sexually confident in that tank. Rannells must be hitting it good.

by Anonymousreply 155July 5, 2018 8:48 PM

Why bother with the tank top? Maybe he could just come out between shows in a bathing suit! (Or just a towel....)

by Anonymousreply 156July 5, 2018 11:03 PM

Matt looks so good that he makes most of his fans look fat & ugly standing beside him. Not sure I’d want to be in a photo with him.

by Anonymousreply 157July 5, 2018 11:06 PM

R157 most of his fans are seriously obese. It's hilarious that they idolize him but doesn't follow a normal and healthy lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2018 3:09 AM

R158 I had noticed that, are all middle aged women in America so damn fat? because the Americans fans are the ones seriously obese.

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2018 3:13 AM

I went to see BITB two weeks ago. It's not just the Americans who are obese. It was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2018 3:21 AM

Fan culture in general attracts these types of women

They are the kind who used to obsess over their “stories”. But soap operas barely exist anymore so they use fan culture for their outlet.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2018 3:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2018 3:26 AM

Most celeb super fans are usually women anyway. Matt's just seem to be a little older.

by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2018 3:56 AM

To their credit, R163 many of them started really latching onto him when White Collar was on and that series debuted almost a decade ago.

So yes they're older but at one point they were at least that many years younger.

I think most don't just like him for his looks but because he comes off as stable, nice and he seems to recognize the free PR these women give him. If you like him then he likes you. No one has ever mentioned a bad encounter with him and he hadn't had a truly negative career misstep until he made the trans "Anything" movie.

In the interview he did on some long form tv series hosted by a friend of Simon's or it might have been another interview during The Last Tycoon promotion, he was referencing "Anything" when he said he wasn't going to do movies just because, he slipped and said, "friends" thought he should anymore and he was going to do things he wanted to do. I got the feeling things aren't great with Ruffalo and him right now - it felt Ruffalo left him high and dry. It didn't seem like Matt spent any time with him when he was just in town doing a one night only reading of Larry Kramer’s "The Destiny of Me" with Lee Pace and others when that would have been great press since it was the sequel to the Normal Heart. Matt clearly put a big old X on anyone asking him about the film since he has done many interviews these past few months and only Larry Flick on that unscheduled SiriusXM interview bothered to ask him because he didn't even know he had made the film.

He's never been the hot gay flavor of the month or year like Gus Kenworthy, Troy Sivan or even non-gay celebs with a large gay following like (possibly non-gay) Shawn Mendes or Carly Rae Jepsen but he has always been appealing to straight women and they have never left him.

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2018 4:59 AM

I think most of his female fans still see him as Neal Caffery. The majority of his fanbase comes from that show. His early (even up to last year) PR and press were tailored to appeal to a straight audience. Still, his fans have latched on to him and follow all his projects. Some still tweeting about saving The Last Tycoon which is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2018 5:36 AM

His fans adore him. and it's interesting that the majority of them are straight women. They don't give a fact that he's gay and are very fond on his husband.

by Anonymousreply 166July 6, 2018 6:42 AM

It’s a safe crush, and they don’t feel guilty about “cheating” on their probably oafish husbands.

by Anonymousreply 167July 6, 2018 7:03 AM

Matt hates Mark Ruffalo's OTT SJW. The only Ruffalo IG post he ever liked was when Ruffalo made announcement that he is taking a break from social media. He most likely blames Ruffalo for misguiding him. Their waning relationship is good. Ruffalo is just too much with all his Bernie fucking Sanders bots, antisemitic politics. not a good influence on Matt. Glad matt has drawn some distance from him.

No, Matt blocked two fans from reaching him during White Collar filming. According to his staff at WC set, they were stalking him and his family big time. these girls dared to see him again at BITB and gave him a Neal Caffrey doll at BITB stage door. He probably could not recognise them because he was happy to take photos with them while declining to take photos with others. I thought he was quite unfair to them back then because he now follows these Italian obese group that he calls his family- they are huge stalkers. Went to find his home in LA, kids schools. They follow his mother, sister, cousins, nephews, mother-in-law's IGs. and even dined at Bruce Bozzi's restaurant with a hope to stalk Matt. Thanks to Bruce, Matt showed up after getting a call. Those two girls did nothing like these Italian cheeseburgers.

by Anonymousreply 168July 6, 2018 7:04 AM

Didn't someone post before that the girls who got banned from WC posted pics of the kids at school or something? Did they really get banned? Only saw one or two posts about that but never the full story.

by Anonymousreply 169July 6, 2018 8:01 AM

R168 the girl that gave him the Neal Caffrey doll tweeted a few days ago about these fans who stalked Matt and posted about it on social media, therefore it was not her. So I don't understand your post.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2018 8:04 AM

The Italian special family is very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2018 8:07 AM

It was 5 or 6 years ago. They even posted about their experience in tumblr but deleted it afterwards. According to them the staff lied and misunderstood them. But the staff acted on Matt's instructions because they were stalking his kids. It's the same person. Matt couldn't recognize them at BITB because it happened a long time ago and they kept a low profile and avoid seeing him until now.

by Anonymousreply 172July 6, 2018 8:38 AM

His Italian fan family went to find his home in LA R170

by Anonymousreply 173July 6, 2018 8:43 AM

R178 Very interesting, because the person who gave him the Caffrey doll acts always so fucking self-righteous on Tumblr and Twitter. Doesn't she have a White Collar blog on Tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 174July 6, 2018 8:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 6, 2018 9:29 AM

The person at R175 that R174 is mentioning he follows on Twitter. That is not the stalker person R168 is talking about.

That person went to see the show over a month ago and gave him a doll.

R168 said that he was declining pictures that day but stopped for the stalkers. On the day that the R175 person went he stopped for everyone up front and took photos.

He also only posed for a photo with her so he didn't take photos with both her and her friend.

Also she is shaming the stalkers R172 is talking about in her tweet at R175.

R168 must be talking about a different pair of people. I just wouldn't want someone mistakenly accusing that girl of something as gross as this she didn't do since she seems like a normal fan. It seems like people are getting confused.

by Anonymousreply 176July 6, 2018 9:45 AM

"The person at [R175] that [R174] is mentioning he follows on Twitter. That is not the stalker person [R168] is talking about"

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Then I have no idea who R168 is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 177July 6, 2018 9:49 AM

[quote]He most likely blames Ruffalo for misguiding him.

If only duckling had access to a PR guru who specializes in LGBT community relations oh wait

Duckling and Mr Peabody are both Hollywood bottom feeders who were more than happy to try to impress big Hollywood friend Mark Ruffalo (snort) by doing this movie

Someone described Bomer as a low self esteem pleaser in the earlier thread and I would say that is apt given his behavior with regards to Anything

by Anonymousreply 178July 6, 2018 9:56 AM

He keeps himself very slim, then I remembered that post he liked of a "bearded daddy fighting off hungry twinks". I guess Simon likes him skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 6, 2018 10:32 AM

The same fan who said hi to Simon and the boys the other week also went to their house in L.A. she posted the pic on Twitter and said she saw Matt getting his mail. She deleted it when some fans said it was inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 180July 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Why is he so nice to her then? R180

by Anonymousreply 181July 6, 2018 10:54 AM

Why is he nice to any of his obsessive fans in fairness? He probably didn't know she went to his house or he didn't see her. I can imagine he is just polite to be decent but probably thinks some fans are a bit much. He's hardly going to be rude in case the person writes it online that he was an ass to them.

by Anonymousreply 182July 6, 2018 11:19 AM

These frauen love the neutered pet homosexual image he’s created for himself. I wonder how they would react to Rannells, who is overtly sexual.

by Anonymousreply 183July 6, 2018 11:20 AM

He's been very careful throughout his career to not be overtly sexual. Obvs that is due to his career and the need to appeal to straight audiences for most of his TV shows. It's the reason why many of his female fans still hold onto this Neal Caffery image.

by Anonymousreply 184July 6, 2018 12:19 PM

So twinks are fighting for daddy Simon? I wonder if Matt is jealous and has to keep himself in shape for his hubby.

by Anonymousreply 185July 6, 2018 12:26 PM

No you got it wrong R176. I'm talking about the girl R175 has linked in his post.

All of his obsessed fans are quite crazy stalkers. The day I went to see BITB some of the huge ones stepped on my shoes to get closer to Matt. Absolutely ignored their surroundings. We managed to take a quick selfie but it was all fucking blurry because his fans were shoving us.

by Anonymousreply 186July 6, 2018 1:28 PM

Is he going to post a kissing picture with Simon today?

by Anonymousreply 187July 6, 2018 1:31 PM

R185 Matt has zero body fat but will never admit he keeps in shape for Simon. He always says its for himself and the show.

by Anonymousreply 188July 6, 2018 1:31 PM

Mr Peabody is beginning to get that bowling pin shape that tall men get as they get older. Why would he keep in shape for him?

by Anonymousreply 189July 6, 2018 1:35 PM

What are you talking about? Simon is in great shape for a man of his age! Big arms and legs, yummy!

by Anonymousreply 190July 6, 2018 1:47 PM

Lot of people say Simon is better looking in person. Could be someone that just doesn't photograph well.

His fans who go to the stage door multiple nights are just weird. What at they hoping will happen? At best, they get a 20/30 second interaction.

by Anonymousreply 191July 6, 2018 2:17 PM

[quote]He keeps himself very slim, then I remembered that post he liked of a "bearded daddy fighting off hungry twinks".

and

[quote]Matt has zero body fat but will never admit he keeps in shape for Simon. He always says its for himself and the show.

No, he doesn't R179. He really is doing this because he's naked on stage. The cast said he doesn't really eat. When he's not working he puts on weight. He has even said his routine is different now than it would be normally. He's very adept at changing his body shape when he wants to but that's not his "directing Versace and not on camera body." There are images when he's not shooting or on stage to prove that.

I did notice that the only pictures of shirtless men he likes on Twitter are ones of older men with gray body hair. That really is his type.

[quote]The same fan who said hi to Simon and the boys the other week also went to their house in L.A.

Bonus points for everyone that thought she was creepy in the first place. Some of them are sick people.

[quote]Why is he nice to any of his obsessive fans in fairness? He probably didn't know she went to his house or he didn't see her.

This. How can he even keep track when he meets multiple people every day now? It's all very disturbing.

[quote]He's been very careful throughout his career to not be overtly sexual. Obvs that is due to his career and the need to appeal to straight audiences for most of his TV shows

He's just not overtly sexual in his life period. Started out very religious. Didn't sleep with men until after college. Married young and had kids. There's not much there because there's not much there. He is 40 now and seems pretty settled.

You said this, R186

[quote]We managed to take a quick selfie but it was all fucking blurry because his fans were shoving us.

but earlier you said this.

[quote]He probably could not recognise them because he was happy to take photos with them while declining to take photos with others.

And there's more details that don't go with her lengthy story of what happened when she was at the show getting his autograph. I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I don't follow this stuff. I looked and the woman wrote an essay on it and her details don't match with your details and she had a lot of details and photos.

Do any of the others have fans like this? I wonder what it is that brings them out for him.

by Anonymousreply 192July 6, 2018 2:24 PM

Jesus Christ he doesn't like men on Twitter that he finds attractive. Those are probably people he knows.

by Anonymousreply 193July 6, 2018 5:15 PM

R168 is the duckling troll.

by Anonymousreply 194July 6, 2018 10:06 PM

No, I am the duckling troll. Shows how much you know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2018 10:27 PM

What is the best twitter to follow for Matt's stuff without the crazies?

by Anonymousreply 196July 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Does anyone have a link to the Twitter/Tumblr of the girls who gave him the doll? I'm wondering if it's the girl I remember from forever ago.

by Anonymousreply 197July 7, 2018 2:12 AM

He was wearing a Tank top like R179 might be the same and his eyes are unreal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 7, 2018 2:25 AM

R195 Um, hmm

by Anonymousreply 199July 7, 2018 6:53 AM

He was wearing a tank top like that when I met him...sorry.

by Anonymousreply 200July 7, 2018 9:42 AM

Matt liked this post on International Kissing Day from his Italian fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 7, 2018 11:35 AM

Seems like DL is just as obsessed with Matt as Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 202July 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Everyone is obsessed with Matt, the man is fucking perfect.

by Anonymousreply 203July 7, 2018 10:50 PM

R179 Does anyone really like a bearded daddy? I mean Matt is the hot one so it's Simon who should be trying to please him aesthetically.

by Anonymousreply 204July 7, 2018 11:55 PM

Lot of people say Simon is quite good looking in person. In casual gear he's quite handsome. Ilana Levine said she loved Simon and his friend who died from ALS wrote in her book that she was intoxicated by Simon. Looks like Matt isn't the only one who straight women like.

by Anonymousreply 205July 8, 2018 12:46 AM

Mr Peabody looks like Roddy McDowall with his Planet of the Apes makeup one-quarter applied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 8, 2018 1:23 AM

Ilana Levine said to Matt in the podcast "I'm in love with your husband" wow.

by Anonymousreply 207July 8, 2018 5:12 AM

R207 She did also say that Simon has been like a brother to her.

by Anonymousreply 208July 8, 2018 6:05 AM

[quote]As Simon's salary is probably high 100 000s but under a million Matt has earned more for probably 8 years.

Simon along with Stephen Huvane & 4 other power agents founded Slate PR which has offices in 2 different cities.

An average Hollywood publicist that reps stars/directors/Hollywood/events would make around half a million a year but he's a publicist in charge of other publicists who still has his own clients and he gets a cut of everything the publicists make plus what he makes on his own.

He makes way more than a million a year and he has for a long time. He was also a CEO at PMK (which was once the most powerful PR firm in Hollywood) years before he co-founded Slate. Unlike Matt he doesn't have to pay a percentage of what he makes to his agent and manager and unlike Matt his job is stable since it's an everyday job. They're probably about even financially.

by Anonymousreply 209July 8, 2018 6:31 AM

I doubt Simon is earning a million ever year. At most, he brings in about 500K per annum. Publicists aren't agents or managers, they make considerably less the their counterparts. As a partner in a PR firm, obvs he's on a lot more than most publicists but Slate PR is a boutique agency and doesn't look after corporate clients like PMK/BNC. He would have earned more as a CEO there than he does in Slate. He's been in the business for 30 years so he's probably built up his wealth over that time.

by Anonymousreply 210July 8, 2018 8:26 AM

Jesus Christ Mr Peabody is not wealthy. Fangurls love the myth of rich Uncle Scrooge Peabody. Duckling will be the one forking over alimony in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 211July 8, 2018 8:55 AM

Simon is not Hollywood wealthy at all. He's well off but that's about it. They'd need two salaries to pay for the kid's schooling. Although, Simon had enough money to pay for surrogacy three times. He wasn't strapped for cash.

by Anonymousreply 212July 8, 2018 9:20 AM

Mr Peabody had enough money to pay for the surrogacies but I doubt he was prepared to pay for their schooling. That was one of the reasons I imagine that Bomer had to put the baby in the closet. A regular tv-based salary would dwarf a publicists’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 8, 2018 11:23 AM

At this stage in his career, Matt brings in the bigger paycheck. He might do more directing and that pays quite well too. I'm sure they are fairly well off, even by Hollywood standards. Once he finishes the play, I'm curious to see where he goes with his career. Directing/indie films seems like the path he forging for himself. I'm sure he'll some work on a Ryan Murphy Netflix show if he wants to go back to series

by Anonymousreply 214July 8, 2018 11:52 AM

Jesus he directed one episode of one show. Almost every actor who does episodic directs at least once. The vast majority do not make a career of it.

by Anonymousreply 215July 8, 2018 11:55 AM

He said his next job was directing in September and Ilana Levine wrote in her podcast intro he would produce and star in Montgomery Clift biopic.

by Anonymousreply 216July 8, 2018 12:34 PM

That movie will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 217July 8, 2018 12:46 PM

Simon was wealthy enough to have kids on his own. He decided to have 3 kids so he had enough money to provide for them, Matt wasn't rich at the time. Simon settled down in his 40's and worked for many years so I think he had enough money and I don't know if it is true but his family is wealthy enough, Doesn't he have a trust fund? Anyway, a lot of women are in love with Simon, Jenifer Estess wanted to marry him, Ilana Levine said "I'm in love with your husband" then said like a brother, it must be weird for Matt lol I wonder if he is jealous between women and twinks that want his hubby.

by Anonymousreply 218July 8, 2018 12:58 PM

Mr Peabody was not wealthy, the house he was living in was in an awful neighborhood one block north of Sunset (Orange Grove). He may have had enough money to HAVE the children but not enough to send them to school.

by Anonymousreply 219July 8, 2018 1:07 PM

Simon's father was a doctor-Head of Radiology at USC I think. Other than that, not much information out there about Simon's family. Why would Matt be jealous? Matt's the one who works intimately with gay actors every night and has obsessed female fans who hound the stage door multiple times a week and present him with gifts. At least with Simon the women in his life actually know him on a personal level and not because he played a likeable character on TV.

He friendship with Jenifer Estess was clearly important to him as he named his son after her and made her his godmother after she had already passed away.

by Anonymousreply 220July 8, 2018 1:12 PM

You are all typing like Simon warns 50k per year, not 500k.

by Anonymousreply 221July 8, 2018 1:14 PM

I was there in the alley when on a hot day he came out in a tank top and white brief underwear....

WE ATE HIM UP ALIVE

by Anonymousreply 222July 8, 2018 1:18 PM

I want to know where they met, when they start to live together, I mean in 2008 they were pretty serious.

by Anonymousreply 223July 8, 2018 2:12 PM

Best guess is that they got together after Kit was born, around 2006/2007. Matt said in an interview that he didn't expect to become a parent so early or quickly. The earliest photo of them is at Lee Pace's house in 2008. Always wondered why they where so tight lipped about how long they've been together.

by Anonymousreply 224July 8, 2018 2:45 PM

by Anonymousreply 225July 8, 2018 3:11 PM

Some of his fan girls get a tad miffed when they see the kids credited as Halls in event photos. Don't know why that would be an issue at all.

by Anonymousreply 226July 8, 2018 9:02 PM

Is it true that some gossips said that hey are in open relations? I read that Matt from time to time (with Simon permission, apparently) is having sex with some strangers. I cannot believe in this, but it was even somebody mentioned that he meet his through Grindr and it was surprise how easy it was.

by Anonymousreply 227July 8, 2018 9:24 PM

"he named his son after her" ???? R220

by Anonymousreply 228July 8, 2018 9:36 PM

In Jenifer Estess' book she revealed that she and Simon called each other "Kitty". So I'm guessing where the inspiration for Kit's name came from.

by Anonymousreply 229July 8, 2018 10:13 PM

[R227] Simon will never share his hubby and Matt is not the type to use Grindr and be in an open relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 8, 2018 10:13 PM

Simon may have been a shrewd investor. Salaries are not the only source of income. Most people who are willing to pay the price for surrogacy probably also plan ahead for those children’s futures (including education). There is no sign that the Bomer-Halls family has any money worries!

by Anonymousreply 231July 8, 2018 10:41 PM

We’ll see when the divorce settlement gets published.

by Anonymousreply 232July 8, 2018 11:43 PM

R232 Poor troll, lives waiting for Simon and Matt to divorce. Even if they do, Simon won't take you back. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 233July 9, 2018 1:45 AM

For some unknown reason, I can't handle the thought of open relationships. I've read all about compersion and the like. Ugh. I suppose I am not progressive enough....

by Anonymousreply 234July 9, 2018 2:17 AM

R227

[quote]Is it true that some gossips said that hey are in open relations?

No, that never happened.

[quote] I read that Matt from time to time (with Simon permission, apparently) is having sex with some strangers.

No, you didn't.

[quote]I cannot believe in this, but it was even somebody mentioned that he meet his through Grindr and it was surprise how easy it was.

This never happened at all and you're just trying to start a rumor.

Everyone here was just commenting how there have been zero rumors about them up until WWHL when people had fun with the Andy rumor.

He is not stupid enough to go on an app and this never happened.

by Anonymousreply 235July 9, 2018 3:15 AM

There haven't been any rumors here about their relationship being open. Your first sentence, "Is it true" and your second sentence and "I read" conflict with each other. Either you read it or you didn't. I'm guessing you didn't and you made it up.

The rumor, years ago, was that he broke up with Mike White because he wanted them to be open and Matt wasn't for it so he broke up with him. That ended at the beginning of 2004.

Afterwards he met Simon (in the same year possibly and the unfortunately the Troll is right, 2004 or 2005) and he wanted a more traditional relationship. That is coincidentally the same year NPH started dating Burtka after he and Simon broke up and that is from NPH's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 236July 9, 2018 3:33 AM

No one really knows much about their relationship so anything is possible. But ultimately, it's all just speculation. We don't even know when or where they met, let alone the ins and outs of their relationship. No one has any clue what they are even like as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 237July 9, 2018 4:05 AM

Right but there’s a difference between plausible/likely and implausible/unlikely speculation.

Saying they keep a herd of donkeys in their garage is very different than Matt meditates at his Buddhist sanctuary in his backyard every night before bed . One has a basis in things you can recall him saying or sharing the other is just wild speculation. Neither may be true or both may be but one is more likely than the other.

That’s the point of any discussion on here.

As for why we don’t know when they got together or how they met, it could be a combination of things. Maybe they want to keep something to themselves? Maybe it has never come up in an interview? Maybe it’s due to the kids? Maybe interviewers were told not to talk about his husband as he has said he thinks a publicists job is to stay in the background? Maybe the people that could have asked him like podcast host woman or Andy Cohen didn’t because they already know the answer and they didn’t think to ask? Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 238July 9, 2018 5:41 AM

I remember his was asked on a radio show during the Magic Mike XXL press tour how long he and Simon had been together for. He just said "a long, long time" and that they had been married for nearly 4 years. He avoided answering the question. Most likely explanations are that they are a private couple and don't like to have people knowing about their relationship, or that it has something to do with the kids e.g. got together when Kit was already born.

by Anonymousreply 239July 9, 2018 5:46 AM

Asking how long a couple have been together isn't the most intrusive question in the world. It's a common thing to ask a person when you learn they're in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 240July 9, 2018 5:59 AM

INTERVIEWER: How long have you and your husband been together?

DUCKLING: If you look at this calendar from my Carnegie Mellon daily planner right here, these are the years I was celibate.

by Anonymousreply 241July 9, 2018 9:18 AM

In this interview from last year Matt said they have been together for over 10 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 9, 2018 9:30 AM

Just to make clear, I am [R227] and I am not Troll. I like Matt, but unfortunately I opened for me the world of gossips, including DL itself. And in one of the thread here (some time ago) it was something like gossips about gay couples inHollywood and it was mentioned in one of the replies that the poster was sleeping with Matt, like it was clear from the beginning it is just one night stand and it was with the permission from the Simon. He wanted to have another date, but Matt was clear that this is just sex. Something like this. And it was a few replies to this, like nothing new, it seems that Simon allows him to have from time to tim fun ... Of course this could be just lie from this person, but I was a bit shocked so decided to ask in this specific thread... And I am happy to here that this is just gossips, thanks to all replies here!

by Anonymousreply 243July 9, 2018 9:45 AM

Simon liked this post from one of Matt's Italian fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 9, 2018 10:29 AM

WTF R244

by Anonymousreply 245July 9, 2018 11:00 AM

R236 is right. They met in 2004. 😀

by Anonymousreply 246July 9, 2018 12:41 PM

Lol He liked this post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 9, 2018 1:08 PM

Can we prove they met in 2004?

by Anonymousreply 248July 9, 2018 1:49 PM

look at this bitch on a gossip site, demanding proof.

by Anonymousreply 249July 9, 2018 1:53 PM

R243, the problem is that a lot of us have been on these threads for years (especially the Duckling Troll) and if that had of happened here then it would have been picked apart to death and still referenced as if it was yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 250July 9, 2018 5:12 PM

Years ago, people were claiming that one of the twins was Matt's, and now that they're older, it's so obvious they both have Simon's unfortunate face.

by Anonymousreply 251July 9, 2018 5:24 PM

They were watching the pilot of WC here, wasn't it 2008 or 2009? They were pretty open if they were dating less than a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 9, 2018 5:29 PM

There was a thread years ago R251 when someone discovered after Matt came out that he and Simon had been sharing the same clothes for years and they posted photographic comparisons. That was back when these threads were fun. That blew my mind that no one seemed to catch that.

R252, Andy Cohen asked Matt during the SiriusXM interview if he was with Simon when he started White Collar and he said yes. That article linked earlier said they'd been together for over 10 years. Since that was 2017 that means they were together before 2007. That photo fits with his claim that he was never really hiding anything about being gay or in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 253July 9, 2018 5:34 PM

[quote]That photo fits with his claim that he was never really hiding anything about being gay or in a relationship.

*muffled cries behind closet door*

by Anonymousreply 254July 9, 2018 5:44 PM

R253 he lied for years, in every interview, about his kids and his relationship status. And that picture is a private picture that didn't come out for years; they weren't exactly sharing it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 255July 9, 2018 7:56 PM

R255, he didn't lie "for years." He simply refused to talk about his personal life in interviews which was perfectly within his right and very different than claiming he was straight/bearding. He never allowed himself to be linked to anyone romantically in the press.

There were plenty of people who knew he had a husband and kids. They were often all on the White Collar set. He didn't "hide" them.

by Anonymousreply 256July 9, 2018 8:29 PM

Why are you people so obsessed with when they started dating? maybe he lied at the beginning, but it was for self preservation, Hollywood is a homophobic place, it would've been very difficult for him to be cast in a lead role in those years. Get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 257July 9, 2018 8:30 PM

Duckling fathered a child, but simply let everyone believes Halls fathered the baby because Duckling didn't want to come out of the closet because it would hurt his casting potential. Halls helped him in this endeavor, because he needed Duckling to get regular series work because even though they could afford three children via IVF, they could not afford to send them to school on a publicists's salary unless they would like, relocate to Calabasas and send them to public school or something, but that was out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 258July 9, 2018 8:39 PM

And, if that is true, why does it piss you off so much? what is it to you? R258

by Anonymousreply 259July 9, 2018 8:46 PM

I'm not the one pissed off. You sound more pissed off than me. I'm simply stating the truth.

by Anonymousreply 260July 9, 2018 8:48 PM

Of course he lied; most gay actors do at the start of their careers to give themselves a chance of getting decent work. People make a big deal over Matt doing it because he had kids. In his case, it was a a lie of omission as he just didn't talk about any aspect of his personal life. The one time he fucked up was when he was interviewed with Tim DeKay and he said Tim's kids were the greatest in the world. Flash forward a week or two later and he's back on the show saying he loves his three kids. That slip up forced his hand and slowly began his coming out process.

by Anonymousreply 261July 9, 2018 8:53 PM

He coming out process actually began much much earlier, when Mr Peabody allowed Perez Hilton to out him.

by Anonymousreply 262July 9, 2018 8:56 PM

Again with this baby in the closet, Matt considers all the kids his, they have Simon last name so what? I believe Matt in private goes by Halls too!

by Anonymousreply 263July 9, 2018 9:08 PM

Most kids only have one parent's name surname anyway. No big deal.

Matt goes by Halls in private?

by Anonymousreply 264July 9, 2018 9:25 PM

Maybe he does, maybe the whole family goes by Halls. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2018 9:37 PM

R260 “I’m not the one pissed off.” Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........

by Anonymousreply 266July 10, 2018 2:29 AM

hahahhahaa

by Anonymousreply 267July 10, 2018 3:04 AM

I can't remember a time in history when the Duckling troll wasn't in every Matt Bomer thread. The regulars are used to it or her as we figured out.

I'll give you that when he said he never endeavored to hide anything, that was a lie unless he meant personally. At least in interviews he did intentionally omit things. Privately he didn't.

There's still a difference between him and someone like Kevin Spacey who tried to convince everyone they loved vagina and just didn't have the time to find the right woman.

He's also lucky enough that by the time he became famous enough to get interviews he had someone protecting him and making sure no one directly asked him if he was gay. The year before he was out officially when he announced it in 2012 there was this interview from 2011 which was brief from when In Time was released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268July 10, 2018 5:06 AM

And although Matt wasn't official out pre 2012, he was wearing a wedding ring prior to the 2011 marriage and attending events with Simon. They are pictured driving away from the In Time premiere, which Simon also had a professional connection too. Also a charity event in 2010 (?) where together they were listed among the hosting couples.

by Anonymousreply 269July 10, 2018 6:14 AM

He's coming out was orchestrated in a drip by drip manner. Wearing a wedding ring, mentioning his kids, not using a beard, hosting an even together. He and his team built it up over a few years that by time he referred his family it was already an open secret. Only the seriously deluded would have not realised he was gay prior to his 2012 speech.

by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2018 6:34 AM

"not using a beard" ???

by Anonymousreply 271July 10, 2018 7:15 AM

He never had a "fake girlfriend. He usually did a lot of red carpet appearance on his own.

by Anonymousreply 272July 10, 2018 7:36 AM

An entertainment reporter once posted pre-coming out that reporters knew better than to ask Duckling about his personal life, because of Mr Peabody. Having Mr Peabody’s PMK-style blackballing tactics protecting him greatly aided duckling in staying in the glass closet while Mr Peabody orchestrated a drip by drip outing.

by Anonymousreply 273July 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Face it, Matt Bomer is an encouraging role model for gay actors. You have to get pretty picky to fault him for not shouting it from the rooftops at the beginning of his career. He only reconciled his own feelings and came out to his family after he had been in college for a few years.

The Boys In The Band is starring all openly gay actors. Each one of them traveled his own path to get there, but here they are and we should be proud of them! We’ve come a long way, baby.

by Anonymousreply 274July 10, 2018 1:37 PM

I think some were critical of Matt's decision to not acknowledge his sexuality because he had kids. If it were just him and Simon it wouldn't have been a big deal but he had three kids so it appeared strange he wouldn't mention them. That one time he was pictured with the kids and a website posted an article saying "Matt Bomer out shopping with cute kids" and didn't attribute him as their dad. It's because of the kids he came out when he did. If he didn't have any kids I imagine he would have waiter a lot longer.

by Anonymousreply 275July 10, 2018 1:49 PM

R273 I guess calling Matt & Simon “Duckling & Mr. Peabody” gives you a nice stiff boner. I don’t know why else you would obsessively persist in doing it. It is no longer amusing at this point, if it ever was. Now it’s just annoying. But hey, what ever gets you off!

by Anonymousreply 276July 10, 2018 1:52 PM

Matt came out publicly as soon as the kids were old enough to know it and specifically named Simon and the kids when he did it (and kissed his husband on tv). He said that he wanted to do it because he loved them and didn’t want anyone to think he was ashamed of them. His role in The Normal Heart affected him and he was probably uncomfortable with that magazine caption and avoiding the subject in interviews, so he made his announcement regardless of the effect it might have on his career. He also said, “I didn’t think it would be such big news because I thought everyone already knew it anyway.” Everyone who knew him personally did know it and really it wasn’t anyone else’s business. Plenty of gay men still stay in the glass closet to protect their careers. Maybe one day it won’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 277July 10, 2018 2:18 PM

Most actors wait until they've built up a solid career before coming out. Matt waited until White Collar was established enough that it wouldn't completely slow down his career. He was even quoted in that NYT piece about Lee Pace's coming out that he wished he could say that coming out didn't negatively impact his career but that it had some ramifications. He's probably lost out on a good few opportunities but he's managed to have a stable enough career.

by Anonymousreply 278July 10, 2018 7:50 PM

He is always vague on that subject but it’s pretty normal to not talk about roles you didn’t get.

He said he didn’t lose Superman because he was gay but because Ratner left the project and it changed.

They didn’t care for “50 Shades of Grey” but he kept it secret until recently that he was approached to ask if he was interested in the role by someone involved with it but he turned it down. I wonder why he wasn’t interested?

However there was an article in a mag (EW, I think) where they used him as an example where his name was tossed around for a war movie (the interview was with someone involved in it) but he was rejected because he is openly gay even though the guy fought for him.

While the work Murphy gives him might be a mixed bag at least he has a steady stream of it. It says a lot that he didn’t return to AHS after Hotel when a few months before it shot he was implying that he might. It seems he only did an uncredited voice over in Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 279July 10, 2018 9:10 PM

Wasn't Ratner Simon's client? Is it possible that Matt met Simon in that period through him?

by Anonymousreply 280July 10, 2018 9:19 PM

Think Ratner became Simon's client a good few years later. Realistically, he could have met Simon at anytime between 04 and 06. It's hard to pinpoint. Whenever he moved out to L.A. is a good indicator that he had already met him or met him around that time.

The article about the army movie was either in the Advocate or Out Magazine. The story was that he was on a shortlist of 30 actors who could potentially be cast. Then the list was examined and he was the only one cut from the list. The person involved in the movie claimed that he was the only out actor and that was the reason he was cut.

I'd take any sinppet about 50 Shades of Grey with a pinch of salt. There was so much speculation about casting and different actors were lined up for it that even if he was a potential choice doesn't mean he was set for the role. If it's true that he wasn't interested, then he was smart ha the films are woeful and it's painfully obvious Jamie Doran regrets doing them. Matt has only got small supporting acts on studio movies the last few years, so it doesn't seem like he's someone that can really be picky about the work he does on the big screen. He's probably gone for a lot more roles but we've never heard about them.

by Anonymousreply 281July 11, 2018 3:44 AM

[quote]The article about the army movie was either in the Advocate or Out Magazine

Thanks for stating this. I've read so many I couldn't remember which magazine posted it. Thank you.

[quote] If it's true that he wasn't interested, then he was smart ha the films are woeful and it's painfully obvious Jamie Doran regrets doing them.

I went back and checked, it was on WWHL when he was with Abbie Elliot. He said someone reached out to him through a third party and that he was busy doing other things at the time so he didn't and that he wished he could tell Andy who it was because it was "so LA" who it was.

by Anonymousreply 282July 11, 2018 5:45 AM

R282 Any idea of who it was?. Matt was preparing for or shooting The Normal Heart when the whole 50 shades frenzy happened. He gave zero fucks about that movie.

by Anonymousreply 283July 11, 2018 8:55 AM

Ratner became Mr Peabody’s client after this incident. He chose Mr Peabody because he needed to rehabilitate his image as a homophobe. Mr Peabody assisted in getting Ratner an award from GLAAD.

And now we know he’s a rapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284July 11, 2018 9:45 AM

Nobody gives a fuck about Ratner on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 285July 11, 2018 10:43 AM

R279 Are you serious? You actually wonder why he wasn’t interested in 50 Shades?

by Anonymousreply 286July 11, 2018 11:34 AM

The show finished in 4 weeks from today. That actually went in quickly. I wonder will he try more Broadway over the next few years. He seems very interested in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 287July 11, 2018 11:47 AM

It was a a studio film with money behind it and a lot of buzz R286 that he would have been in for more than a few minutes without being killed.

by Anonymousreply 288July 11, 2018 5:18 PM

R287, he said he was interested in doing more Broadway on the NPR radio interview he did but he couldn't have given any other answer.

He'd never say if he didn't enjoy the experience. He never says anything negative at all. He's not supposed to when it comes to possible work opportunities and ones he is currently in. We'll just have to wait and see. He's pretty good at hiding his feelings towards things in interviews and he's usually all smiles.

Film and TV is more lucrative and it doesn't require him to do the same thing several days a week, eight times a week. A lot of the actors only got involved because Ryan Murphy was involved. It's obvious that's what it took for him to get involved with Broadway and stick with it. It's not exactly like he was a fan of the play. Plus he was away from his family for a long time without the ability to see them since he couldn't leave town. He wasn't even stuck in NYC when he did White Collar.

I can believe he'd do again if the right people were involved but not for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 289July 11, 2018 5:34 PM

I wish he would get another weekly TV series. It could be one that is shot in LA. Seems like that would work well for him.

by Anonymousreply 290July 11, 2018 5:50 PM

Zachary Quinto was the most honest out of them when he said in a print interview that if could make the same amount of money doing Broadway that he did with film and tv, then all he would do is plays. I imagine it's probably similar for Matt too. His best bet at another Broadway show is if it's a limited run again.

TV is his best path over the next few years. You do wonder how much of a step back he'd have to take because of the TLT cancellation though. H

by Anonymousreply 291July 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Jealous Bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292July 11, 2018 8:06 PM

Yes you do have to wonder, R291, he was talking about doing this play while not naming it by name last summer when he was promoting The Last Tycoon. So it was planned for a long while. Then again he also mentioned he wanted to be around more for the kids so it seems like he'd like to stay based in LA.

He couldn't have even auditioned for regular roles on shows or in movies until he knew whether the Tycoon was getting renewed. He went into The Vulture Club and Papi Chulo after that. He's not the lead in Vulture and Papi Chulo seemed like a short shoot to whip through.

I think he said when he was preparing to direct last time he spent 4 months working on his episode of Versace so that's probably what he'll be doing once the show is over while looking for more work. He is a good actor and he looks great. He definitely deserves a crack at heading his own show again. Hopefully Murphy will take into consideration how much work he has done with him and give him a chance at a Netflix series with a flexible schedule so he can do his own projects while having a show to go back to.

by Anonymousreply 293July 11, 2018 8:28 PM

He probably would have still done the play if TLT had gotten renewed perhaps? The first few months of 2017 he shot the first season of the show and finished up around March/early April. Parsons was rehearsing the play and doing the Big Bang Theory at the same time so no reason Matt couldn't have done the same. But it seems to have worked out the best that he wasn't stuck with that lame duck of a show. He didn't seem to be that passionate about it at times (could be wrong though).

Papi Chulo seemed to have been a project he managed to line up after TLT was cancelled and he looked to have had a lot more fun on that then TLT. He should pick up some TV work somewhere. I'm sure if he doesn't get a lot he'll go onto a Ryan Murphy project.

by Anonymousreply 294July 11, 2018 8:51 PM

[quote]He probably would have still done the play if TLT had gotten renewed perhaps?

It would have worked out perfectly. He would have done Last Tycoon S2 and then gone into the play. This was going to happen no matter what he did outside of the summer.

The hopeful thing is that it’s common practice that until a project is announced by the studio or network he isn’t allowed to say he is doing it. So he could have something else in the pipeline but he’d have to keep quiet about it until he got the ok.

Quinto could admit to doing Star Trek because that was talked about already but Rannells couldn’t say he booked the new Don Cheedle series on Stagecraft radio show since it hadn’t been announced yet.

He still didn’t even say what he was directing because he’s not allowed to.

by Anonymousreply 295July 11, 2018 10:09 PM

I'm sure something will come up for him or he has a project or two in the pipeline. He's worked steadily enough since White Collar ended back in 2014. He's bound to pick up on some T.V. work. Being on Broadway is always a good little boost to anyone's career.

by Anonymousreply 296July 11, 2018 10:19 PM

I would love him to return to series work as well as film and stage when possible. His collaboration with Ryan Murphy has the potential to realize any number of projects for Matt. He's interested in directing, producing and acting, thankfully. Murphy's deal with Netflix is huge, and if past is prologue, he will use the stable of talent he routinely collaborates with to support his projects. Matt may have venues for original films and series, which would be attractive for his family life.

by Anonymousreply 297July 11, 2018 10:41 PM

TLT got three Emmy nominations. Nothing on acting or directing.

by Anonymousreply 298July 12, 2018 7:55 PM

Duckling.

by Anonymousreply 299July 12, 2018 8:57 PM

The Last Tycoon was very, very boring and I didn't sense any chemistry between Dominic and Matt. It was much better with Lily.

by Anonymousreply 300July 12, 2018 9:09 PM

R299 you poor soul, spitting out "duckling" when you even have nothing to say. You were indeed left traumatized by Simon.

by Anonymousreply 301July 12, 2018 9:10 PM

The Last Tycoon was just a non-starter. Had it been written better or had a better storyline that it may have been a decent watch. I'm sure for Matt it was very disappointing that a show he was a lead got cancelled. However, during the promo for it, you could tell he knew it was going to be a big hit. Probably happy to get away from it bit equally annoyed that it will most likely be a little harder to get another leading role again.

by Anonymousreply 302July 12, 2018 9:17 PM

*wasn't going to be a hit

by Anonymousreply 303July 12, 2018 9:29 PM

R303 I agree. He even stopped talking about once it premiered.

by Anonymousreply 304July 12, 2018 9:32 PM

Yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305July 12, 2018 10:33 PM

[quote]Had it been written better or had a better storyline that it may have been a decent watch.

It's terribly sad because the production looked great but boy was that show boring.

[quote]I'm sure for Matt it was very disappointing that a show he was a lead got cancelled. However, during the promo for it, you could tell he knew it was going (wasn't going) to be a big hit.

You can tell how much he likes something when he does that. He stopped talking about The Last Tycoon completely after the promo. He stopped talking about American Horror Story after he shot his last episode of Hotel. (I do wonder how he felt after he committed to the show then they changed it from a show about the Civil War to a haunted hotel.)

On the other hand he still continued to promote Walking Out after his round of promotional interviews and still will likes tweets relating to Walking Out. He'll even still comment on tweets relating to Traveler if someone watches it and @s him.

by Anonymousreply 306July 12, 2018 11:02 PM

Well Walking Out was significantly better than the Last Tycoon but had a small release so he's probably delighted when he hears people have seen it. I imagine Matt believed that TLT would be something other than what it was and that's why he signed on. The whole series appeared to be a vanity project for that Billy Ray guy and Matt got caught up in it. Pretty telling that Matt ignores 99% of the tweets Billy Ray tabs him in.

I'm sure he was a big miffed the American Horror Story season was changed but I remember him saying that he was still grateful that he got the chance to work with Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, and Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 307July 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Yes, Matt completely ignores Billy Ray and Last Tycoon related tweets. On the other hands he likes tweets about Walking Out, Normal Heart, White Collar. It is very telling.

by Anonymousreply 308July 12, 2018 11:41 PM

Just like he ignores "Anything".

by Anonymousreply 309July 12, 2018 11:42 PM

Please Duckling does not regret AHS, he can’t wait for another opportunity to namedrop “Stefani”.

by Anonymousreply 310July 12, 2018 11:48 PM

The single middle aged women fans are following Bomer everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 311July 13, 2018 12:02 AM

And he hasn't physically been back on AHS since, Duckling Troll at R310 so there's your answer. He can name drop Gaga without mentioning the show. She was in NYC and it is telling that she hasn't bothered to see The Boys in the Band. They probably got along great but that doesn't mean they're best friends. Even Finn went to see the show.

[quote]Just like he ignores "Anything".

He even did promo for Space Station 76 but not for Anything. I don't think you can't really blame him for ignoring it. He may have done good work but the voices against him even being in it are much louder than the praise. It's all bad timing.

by Anonymousreply 312July 13, 2018 12:30 AM

Ummm AHS is from the same person who he's working for now.

by Anonymousreply 313July 13, 2018 12:33 AM

Anyway as I have said before Murphy has never been particularly inspired by Duckling and maybe he just couldn't fit a character for him into whatever season was after Hotel. Roanoke? Who remembers.

by Anonymousreply 314July 13, 2018 12:37 AM

"Ummmm," and they're completely different shows R313 just like Versace, The New Normal, Glee, American Crime and Pose are different shows.

by Anonymousreply 315July 13, 2018 12:37 AM

It’s still Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuck. If Duckling was so unhappy with Hotel why would he still work with them?

by Anonymousreply 316July 13, 2018 12:49 AM

R316, Ryan Murphy wrote parts for anyone that wanted to come back to the series. He said so himself. Matt allegedly (he never mentioned it, was never credited and it was never confirmed but it sounded like him) did the voice over at the end of Roanoke but didn't appear in that season (everyone else returned including Gaga even if it was just for an episode), he wasn't in the season after and probably not the current one but when the play ends there still should be time for him to slip in there if he wants to.

IN addition, Ryan Murphy has very little to do with the shows he creates at this point beyond creating them. He might write or direct an episode or two but he has too much to manage. The same people that handle 911 are not the same people that handle Pose. That's impossible. They have their own teams and they're all different. I thought the Duckling troll knew everything. You're slipping. The Boys in the Band is Joe Mantello's baby. He directed it. Ryan produced it / got the financing. Matt directed an episode of Versace but no he hasn't been on screen in any of Ryan's shows since Hotel.

I don't think anything is wrong between the two of them but it's rare his actors don't return to AHS unless they're working on something else and even then they still do unless they can't get away. It's possible he's just being more picky now which I believe he said he was going to be. Ryan Murphy really should write him an amazing role on a show and cast him in it like he did for Connie and Angela.

by Anonymousreply 317July 13, 2018 4:24 AM

He probably just enjoy the character or role on American Horror Story and just wanted to to step away from the show a little. Nothing wrong or unusual about that. As posted before, Murphy creates really good parts for his favourites, like Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters or Jessica Lange. Others actors just fit around them. I'm sure if the right role or show came up, he'd pick Matt for it if he was the person.

Also, it does look like Matt is directing an episode of American Horror Story in Sept as that's when it starts shooting.

by Anonymousreply 318July 13, 2018 4:51 AM

His super fans really do follow him everywhere. He's got groupies. Checked Twitter and saw some want to book flights to Ireland because he told a fan at the stage door he would be there later this year. Dedication

by Anonymousreply 319July 13, 2018 6:12 AM

I wonder how much Simon had to do with this headline from Just Jared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 13, 2018 6:16 AM

Why do people think Simon just orchestrates Matt's entire career and media interviews? Matt has his own publicist. She would have swung that headline. Just Jared is a PR approved site. I'm sure Simon does have a big influence with Matt but I doubt he's involved in the day to day running of his career.

by Anonymousreply 321July 13, 2018 7:38 AM

Imagine if the were straight? would his super fans like him as much or even more? maybe the gay thing is the appeal (as well).

by Anonymousreply 322July 13, 2018 8:02 AM

Jesus, JJ gets the photos of Bomer at this event from some underpaid flack assistant and has to think of a headline.

by Anonymousreply 323July 13, 2018 9:08 AM

His fans would even be more obssessed as they are now if he were straight. Some of the shit they tweet at him is so cringe. A lot of them have this false sense of intimacy with him because he likes their tweets/replies the odd time or have met him.

by Anonymousreply 324July 13, 2018 10:14 AM

From what the twitter people have been saying, he has been pulling the, “I’m in a hurry” card a lot lately when they want to pose for pictures. While he very well might be in a hurry it’s also likely he is just over it. You still have to give him credit for being nice while rushing through photos and signings. It also seems like he is posing less now.

I also think some of his women fans might like the fact that he is unobtainable and except for Anything non controversial. He also seems to really have cut back on following people on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 325July 13, 2018 10:23 AM

He looks nice and relaxed at the event, I was worried he’d stopped bonking Rannells but now I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 326July 13, 2018 10:24 AM

He probably didn't do the last AHS ( besides being a monumental piece of shit) because he was shooting "The Last Tycoon". Murphy is producing "The Boys In The Band", so he is still working with him.

by Anonymousreply 327July 13, 2018 11:12 AM

He's probably been contracted with The Last Tycoon since about 2015/2016 so that probably preventing him doing other TV work. As if he has any issue with Murphy, considering Murphy has kept him actively working the Last few years. He's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

He does seem to spend a lot less time at the stage door now. He's definitely over it. Don't blame him. He's 10 weeks into the show and going out every night and putting on a smiling face must be exhausting. Plus, lot of people are there to see him and the other 3 main stars so it's a lot more demanding on him than maybe Tuc Watkins or Brian Hutchinson. Not surprised he's pulled back a little.

He doesn't use Twitter as much anymore. He seems to prefer Instagram. You can block out a lot more noise and fan chatter there.

by Anonymousreply 328July 13, 2018 11:19 AM

Relationship goals! Btw is he going to Ireland for a family vacation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 13, 2018 12:41 PM

Most likely going to Ireland for that Papi Chulo film he did. Director and producers are all Irish so will likely get an Irish release. Then again, it's seems very quick for the film do already be released since it finished the editing process. Maybe he is just going on a holiday.

by Anonymousreply 330July 13, 2018 1:32 PM

Maybe it's some kind of festival release?

by Anonymousreply 331July 13, 2018 2:20 PM

Doesn't look like there's many film festivals in the second half of the year in Ireland. There's a few which could be a possibility but realistically they're not going to go to a festival outside of Dublin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332July 13, 2018 3:19 PM

They may have to do reshoots.

by Anonymousreply 333July 13, 2018 3:23 PM

Why should women care if Matt is gay? Women are attracted to good looking men, gay or straight, obtainable or not, just like gay men are. It doesn’t make him any less handsome or appealing. Women have been crazy over gay movie stars for years - they just didn’t know they were gay. Anyway, his middle aged frau fans would be probably be more upset to see him with a young sexy female than Daddy Simon.

by Anonymousreply 334July 13, 2018 4:20 PM

He skips taking photos with fans who traveled long distance once in their lifetime to see him, yet manages time for his obese stalkers with literally no life even though they have taken 100s of photos with him already. I feel terrible for those fans who couldn't get his attention.

by Anonymousreply 335July 13, 2018 4:54 PM

R335 If you hope to get his attention, you have to go out immediately after a show and stand by the rope in front of the stage door and wait. He will come out 30-60 mins after the show.. He usually tries to reach into the crowd a row or two back from there, but the ones in front have the best chance. His fanatic fans know this. There is security and he does not walk into the crowd. He usually spends about 15-30 mins signing and posing as he makes he way from the stage door to his car.

by Anonymousreply 336July 13, 2018 5:16 PM

He usually responds warmly to fans who tell him they came from other countries .

by Anonymousreply 337July 13, 2018 5:22 PM

R330, R333, according to John Butler's instagram they're done with the film grading. They don't do that until the editing is already complete so it's nearly all put together.

They could be doing a screening of the film over there or he could be going to visit him since John Butler came to NYC to see The Boys in the Band. It seems like they really got along. Matt lived over there years ago. If he told fans he'd be over there it seems like he'd be making a public appearance as opposed to a private vacation.

He should talk about this time in his life more since it would be different than his usual stories. But things change. He also once was telling people he'd be in Japan but I guess that project didn't work out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338July 13, 2018 5:26 PM

He tweeted congratulating AHS, but not TLT for their Emmy noms .

by Anonymousreply 339July 13, 2018 8:18 PM

Those fat American fans that stalking him, attending every event in NYC more than once are the ones always complaining about the behavior of other fans.

by Anonymousreply 340July 13, 2018 8:19 PM

He congratulated American Crime Story Versace and The Last Tycoon. It's his most recent tweet R339.

by Anonymousreply 341July 13, 2018 8:21 PM

Yes, you're right, I misread his tweet R341

by Anonymousreply 342July 13, 2018 8:37 PM

Matt stopped posing for selfies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 14, 2018 12:07 AM

Or maybe just for that 1 night. He’s only missed 1 aftershow appearance I think. The other guys don’t all come out every show. Give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 344July 14, 2018 12:23 AM

He has missed more than one.

Matt has been headed this way for a while from mentions of fans on Twitter. He went from posing for everyone that wanted to take a photo during previews, to having security state he wasn't taking photos but then taking them anyway because he felt bad, to not taking photos but making special exceptions for people who traveled from outside of the country and the lady in the military to being done with it. He also went from hugging people to leaning in. (It's hot and people are sweaty and nasty so that's no surprise.)

He probably just wants to get home to his family (who hopefully, if they're in town, are staying far away from that stage door since they drew too much attention from weirdos) and nobody should blame him. He has been a stage door trooper. Quinto never even bothered to be as friendly as he has.

by Anonymousreply 345July 14, 2018 1:02 AM

R343 this woman flew all the way from Europe and Matt knew but still didn't take selfie. However he took 200th photo with this New York trash who follows him literally everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 14, 2018 1:34 AM

R346 That woman has tons of photographs with Bomer and she loves to remind the other fans, who have never met him, that she's met him many times and what not.

by Anonymousreply 347July 14, 2018 1:59 AM

[quote]He probably just wants to get home to his family

That's such a BS excuse and I hate when even seasoned stage actors use it. Minus commute time, Broadway actors are at the theatre from 7:30-11pm. Less if it's a 1 act show like Boys in the Band. So about 3 hours. The average working parent spends 8 hours at work, minus commute time.

Even if Matt's kids are in town and not at sleepaway camp like he's talked about in the past, and even if they're allowed to stay up past 11:30pm when he gets home, he has ALL DAY to spend with them until he has to go to the theatre.

If Matt doesn't want to spend an hour taking selfies at the stage door every night, fine, he can set up whatever parameters for security to announce, or he can post on his social media explaining he's not stagedooring or won't take selfies at the stagedoor like many Broadway actors do. But to claim he needs to rush out of the theatre to be "with his family" is absolute crap. Actors need to grow a pair and just say no instead of letting their fans invent these sob stories about family time to justify why he's blowing off them off.

by Anonymousreply 348July 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Maybe he's pissed that fans like R36 , the tattooed woman and others are asking for even more photos.

by Anonymousreply 349July 14, 2018 2:06 AM

I meant R346

by Anonymousreply 350July 14, 2018 2:06 AM

R348, I said it because that's the only reason he said he wouldn't spend time outside months ago on his Twitter.

Calm down. What did he do to you?

He also said on the day when R346's linked photo was taken that he was in a rush but he still posed for pictures with fans at random then ran off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351July 14, 2018 2:14 AM

R347 Yeah that balloon is the worst. A hypocrite who tweeted about Matt's using Botox and filler since she can see him up close so many times. She acts like a saint while being passive aggressive and sub-tweeting others.

by Anonymousreply 352July 14, 2018 2:31 AM

R346 that woman and her BFF get off ridiculing other fans on Twitter. They are the fucking worst.

by Anonymousreply 353July 14, 2018 2:35 AM

i think that photo was not taken at stage doors but after SAG AFTRA talk , maybe that's why he agreed

by Anonymousreply 354July 14, 2018 1:00 PM

R354 he said no to another woman. This woman is chasing him everywhere and he is given her way too much attention than people flying from different states and Europe (with exception of those weird Italians).

by Anonymousreply 355July 14, 2018 1:27 PM

Balloon and Matt's 2nd photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 14, 2018 1:51 PM

The above photo is in front of Studio 54, eight blocks away from where his show is.

by Anonymousreply 357July 14, 2018 3:43 PM

Saw the show on the July 4th. Matinee no evening show. I was standing over at Juniors restaurant outside seating deck. Matt came out first, not even fifteen minutes. He did the whole line. Took photos and all. Surprised he doesn't have neck aches from twisting around and bending to get the smaller girls in frame. He would reach out and grab playbills and window cards of people that weren't in the front. When he got to the end he still took pics with people who just happen to walking thru Shubert Alley at the time and saw him. I met him before teh show and told him good he was in "the Normal Heart" and he seemed genuinely appreciative. He was very sweet.

[quote]Why should women care if Matt is gay? Women are attracted to good looking men, gay or straight, obtainable or not, just like gay men are. It doesn’t make him any less handsome or appealing.

As Matt was walking down the line, a woman on the Junior's deck said "Than man is fiiiiine!" and everyone laughed because it is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 14, 2018 3:53 PM

Other people waiting at Stage door are calling out Matt's fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 14, 2018 4:03 PM

He thanked people online after for coming out on July 4th since it was a holiday. Such a class act.

I think this is from Wednesday, the day before he had security say no selfies. It seems like he's rushing through the line but this girl had the nerve to lean over and tap him to get his attention when he tried to walk past her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 14, 2018 4:35 PM

R359 See! Same happened to me. I could have shoved his fucking obese midgets but I didn't. And so my photo came out shitty.

by Anonymousreply 361July 14, 2018 4:51 PM

Yeah, what an nconsiderate bitch he is! Right? Not every fan is going to get everything he or she wants, but he makes a sincere effort.

BTW, Matt didn’t say he couldn’t stay because of his family (and the kids are at camp right now anyway), but they also do matinee shows a couple of days a week in addition to the evening show plus all their PR events. When they do 2 shows, he comes out after both of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 14, 2018 5:13 PM

I wonder if kit and the twins will still be allowed to talk to Matt after Simon replaces Matt with a younger version

by Anonymousreply 363July 14, 2018 6:02 PM

Yeah, maybe Matt has to hurry home so Simon won’t get impatient and find someone else.

by Anonymousreply 364July 14, 2018 6:12 PM

A good, another slutty v neck. That means Rannells is still hitting it.

Note the massive boner on Rannells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 14, 2018 11:20 PM

Give it a rest, Duckling Troll at R365. It has been years. Aren't you tired? Get a new hobby.

by Anonymousreply 366July 15, 2018 12:10 AM

Is Rannells that well endowed? ^^

by Anonymousreply 367July 15, 2018 12:19 AM

Did Matt Bomer's father attend their wedding?

by Anonymousreply 368July 15, 2018 12:34 AM

I wish Matt & Simon had their own reality show. That would be interesting.

What would their screaming matches be about? What would their tearful moments be about? What major personal crisis would they pretend to have if they needed a ratings boost?

Simon suspects that Matt is having an affair with a co-star (present or former) would be a great storyline. (I am so rooting for Tim Dekay to be the object of Simon's jealous wrath!!! Tim and Matt were always so sexy together!!!!)

Would Matt actually admit on camera how much he hates these pushy, aggressive, obese hetero females who stalk and harass him? Would Simon actually admit on camera how much he hates these pushy, aggressive, obese hetero females who stalk and harass Matt?

Would Simon actually beat Matt with a bag of oranges on camera? That would be something to see.

Can anyone think of a good title for the show?

by Anonymousreply 369July 15, 2018 12:47 AM

What do you all think Simon would do if he went into a jealous rage over Matt?

by Anonymousreply 370July 15, 2018 12:49 AM

R369 way too much time on your hands.

by Anonymousreply 371July 15, 2018 12:55 AM

R367 yes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 15, 2018 1:06 AM

Rannells has got nothing on Simon. I would choose Simon.

by Anonymousreply 373July 15, 2018 1:15 AM

R373 = Katharine McPhee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 15, 2018 1:17 AM

I bet Simon's got a bigger dick.

by Anonymousreply 375July 15, 2018 1:25 AM

I would choose Simon too! Not only he's a sexy daddy but he is very interesting and fascinating, I bet he knows a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 376July 15, 2018 1:25 AM

R371 Yes. Yes, I do. (Hangs head in shame. Would still watch 'Keeping Up With Matt & Simon" if it ever aired but hopes the local job market picks up soo.)

by Anonymousreply 377July 15, 2018 4:13 AM

Sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378July 15, 2018 4:21 AM

Matt calls Simon his "one and only". So, so sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 15, 2018 4:24 AM

The greatest man he knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 15, 2018 6:14 AM

Looks like Matt didn't do the stage door yesterday. I think on double show days he just doesn't bother anymore. He did a few selfies on Friday though. It's hardly surprising he's pulled back a bit on the stage door-the show is coming towards an end and he must be tired of having to be "on" every night. Think his fans forget that he's human and can have bad days or days he's not in the mood of smiling, signing or taking pictures. At the end of the day, he doesn't owe his fans his time. The only reason his obsessed fans get time with him is because they camp out at the stage door a hour or two before the play ends 3 or 4 times a week, forcing him to notice them. They also tweet him constantly so he probably recognises them and doesn't want them moaning at him online if doesn't stop for them. They'd do anything to see him so most people who are only casual fans probably wouldn't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 381July 15, 2018 8:43 AM

You nailed it. I also believed that he feels pressured by his twitter stans, so he gives them the attention they crave before they starts badmouthing him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 382July 15, 2018 10:33 AM

R381 You makeup a lot of shit. Don’t you have a life of your own? Let Matt live his without being constantly analyzed by people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 383July 15, 2018 10:34 AM

Some people don't come out because they have guests who come backstage. They'll leave after the crowd dispenses. Nothing to do with not wanting to sign.

by Anonymousreply 384July 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Broadway Barks event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 15, 2018 10:46 AM

[R383] says the person also commenting on a gossip site!

by Anonymousreply 386July 15, 2018 10:55 AM

So if you don’t have any real gossip, just make stuff up? Pretend you know what someone else is thinking? Draw sweeping conclusions from random Twitter posts?

by Anonymousreply 387July 15, 2018 11:03 AM

R387 Make stuff up? Its called making an observation, which is what most people do on these sort of sites. People are allowed to comment on things that his fans do or say on Twitter. Nothing in recent comments was really presented as absolute fact.

by Anonymousreply 388July 15, 2018 11:23 AM

I think Matt Bomer probably likes to have sex with goats (that is if you call Simon Halls an old goat).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 15, 2018 11:29 AM

I think of Mr Peabody as more of an old white bull moose. He has that kind of imperiousness about him that a goat lacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 15, 2018 11:34 AM

Prediction: Expect Matt to disappear from the public for awhile once the play is over. Probably will go on vacation and then be at home in the Fall when the kids start school again.

by Anonymousreply 391July 15, 2018 12:15 PM

I suppose that depends on the custody arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 392July 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Well the play means that there are pictures of him everyday day at the stage door/around the theatre. Once it's over it'll go back to being just event pictures or pap pictures.

by Anonymousreply 393July 15, 2018 12:49 PM

[quote]Looks like Matt didn't do the stage door yesterday. I think on double show days he just doesn't bother anymore.

He had a show, had an event in the middle of the day and then had to do another show. It's not surprising he didn't stage door. He has given it his all and has done more than at least two of the other leads in terms of dealing with fans. He knows people payed a lot of money to see him, some even multiple times and he has never been anything but gracious to anyone that has spoken to him.

[quote]They also tweet him constantly so he probably recognises them and doesn't want them moaning at him online if doesn't stop for them. They'd do anything to see him so most people who are only casual fans probably wouldn't stand a chance.

Based upon his past history on Twitter, this is probably a related reason. He can't block people that annoy him because that got him into trouble before. I felt bad for him the day a fan got angry at him for not responding to his tweet verbally when he used to do that and after that he stopped responding to most tweets and just does likes. He's no Chrissy Tiegen. She'll tell you off and keep on tweeting. He seems like a painfully sweet man and none of it seems to be an act.

[quote]You makeup a lot of shit. Don’t you have a life of your own? Let Matt live his without being constantly analyzed by people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

R383/R388, based upon your posting history here ALL YOU seem to do is argue with people a lot and get very angry if people don't agree with you. You don't seem to know you're on a gay gossip board. Everything here is speculation and even if you know something (because you know him) no one will believe you anyway because it's an anonymous gay gossip board. When actual insiders come here they either keep their gossip to themselves or ignore people who don't believe them, they don't get angry. It has been like that for the past 20 years.

[quote]So if you don’t have any real gossip, just make stuff up? Pretend you know what someone else is thinking? Draw sweeping conclusions from random Twitter posts?

It's called speculation based upon things people have read and seen which is [bold]not[/bold] the same as making stuff up. If you think this is bad go to the Lee Pace threads. Or how about you go to any of the other threads and explore? It just may blow your mind. You seem too sensitive for this place. My guess is, you came just to read this thread because you heard about it somewhere else and now you are having a bit of a culture shock. Relax. Let people speculate. If you disagree with them don't be rude about it or else you look psychotic.

You're overruled. I don't even like the Duckling Troll and even she doesn't care when people don't agree with her. She just keeps on posting.

[quote]Once it's over it'll go back to being just event pictures or pap pictures.

He'll probably be doing press for The Vulture Club next since he is one of the three stars in it. Since he did it for Space Station 76 he'll do it for this. Then there will be Papi Chulo. Otherwise he'll probably spend his time working on his directing project. He will likely first go on vacation because he does every year before the kids go back to school. We'll always have Instagram since he stopped trying on Twitter because of a few crazy fans he is too nice to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 394July 15, 2018 1:08 PM

Wow R394 That was quite a tirade! Who are you calling overly sensitive and easily outraged? Why not just ignore comments you don’t like or don’t agree with? Wasn’t that your own advice?

by Anonymousreply 395July 15, 2018 1:18 PM

I remember one of his fans tweeted out that he had really upset her because he liked a lot of fan tweets for the ACS Versace episode but didn't like her tweet about a book she wrote. No wonder he uses Instagram more these days.

by Anonymousreply 396July 15, 2018 1:22 PM

He can't just go away for too long. He is has another directing job in September and he's going to Ireland for Papi Chulo sometimes after that.

"He seems like a painfully sweet man" R394

I agree. He seems to be extremely nice and really avoids confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 397July 15, 2018 1:23 PM

Bernadette Peter and the late great Mary Tyler Moore's annual Broadway Barks took over Shubert Alley yesterday leaving no room for the stage door line and the cast worked the event anyway during the break between shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398July 15, 2018 1:46 PM

R389 I'm sure that Matt enjoys having sex with his goat, who wouldn't? Sex with a Greatest Of All Time? It's awesome. It's wonderful to see someone finally say something nice about Simon, that he's the Greatest Of All Time. Very sweet of you R389.

R390 You really think Simon is imperious in the sack? Now that is one sexy thought. Matt Bomer is the luckiest guy alive!!

by Anonymousreply 399July 15, 2018 2:39 PM

Wish everyone would stop bickering and help me work on getting this reality show greenlit.

by Anonymousreply 400July 15, 2018 2:41 PM

She's going again. Poor Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 15, 2018 11:22 PM

R401 So is the fan who wrote a letter to Simon and gave him a gift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 16, 2018 12:54 AM

This woman, another Bomer stalker is also going again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 16, 2018 1:15 AM

They can go everyday. That's not the problem. But to go seek his attention every single time, ask for selfie, start chitchat like they are buddies and demand autograph a hundred times is fucking annoying. They don't even understand the concept of normal behavior. And they claim to be teachers. Lol. I feel sorry for their students.

by Anonymousreply 404July 16, 2018 1:49 AM

Yep. Look at this woman. She gave Matt & Simon presents, so I guess she feels it's OK to ask for more. Matt will comply of course. He is that nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 16, 2018 1:54 AM

They're probably turning around and selling those autographed pics on E-bay.

by Anonymousreply 406July 16, 2018 1:55 AM

R404 nails it. What are they really getting out of this? It's obvious they're not having deep, personal conversations with him and it seems like some of them are commuting into town just for this.

I think the last time someone mentioned seeing his husband (who was in a car picking him up) was also the night one of them gave Matt "the gift" to give to him then subsequently told everyone on Twitter she communicated with Simon after. I wouldn't be surprised, if he's in town, if he started making an effort to stay away. Wasn't someone screaming his name once when he was outside and then another time someone spoke to their children?

He doesn't seem like he likes the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 407July 16, 2018 3:00 AM

Must be weird for the kids when they start to realize how exceptionally good looking Matt is, and the amount of delusional people lusting after him.

by Anonymousreply 408July 16, 2018 3:27 AM

These women who keep following Matt Bomer around, they're weird. They can be as cutesy about it as they want but they are harassing him. I don't blame Simon for making "Mel on Twitter" scurry away by glaring at her. He must've had a good reason for that (oh, to be a fly on the wall!).

Even if Bomer was as straight as an arrow they wouldn't stand a chance with him and since he is anything but straight they REALLY don't stand a chance with him. So why do they do it? Are Matt & Simon the fathers they always fantasized about having? Wish these two would leave him alone.

They are definitely not going to be included in the reality show I am putting together. Definitely not. Unless I am allowed to show Simon beating them with a bag of oranges.

by Anonymousreply 409July 16, 2018 3:53 AM

Never got the point of going to the stage door multiple times. As R404 said, what are they looking to get out of it? A selfie and a quick "hi, thank you for coming, appreciate it". What else could they really say to him that they haven't said previously? Fair enough if it were for different projects but its the same play. Matt really is such a professional for being so nice and patient with them.

by Anonymousreply 410July 16, 2018 4:49 AM

R409 So you’re only going to put in the “reality” that you like? That could be boring fast. Reality shows need dramatic tension and comic relief. How are you going to get any interesting material without stalking them, though?

There was a fictional show a few years back about a gay successful creative executive who got together with a much younger talented artist. The show was created around their complicated love and the lives of their closest (mostly gay) friends and their families. Yes, QAF. You might want to consult the extensive post show fan fiction. How much different would this be? Or is the point to show the couple years later, married, raising kids and balancing careers?

Maybe Ryan Murphy would take interest in the story, but watch out because R394 might “overrule “ you if she didn’t like your point your of view!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411July 16, 2018 4:59 AM

Hey, maybe you could just make a show about fanatically obsessive fans and how celebrities deal with them. Maybe Matt & Simon would be willing to participate in that.

by Anonymousreply 412July 16, 2018 5:08 AM

Cast Matt & Simon in a QAF reboot, interesting. Very interesting R411 Who should I add as the supporting cast?

R412 Maybe I can get Oprah on board for a weekly "Gay Men and The Delusional Straight Women Who Stalk Them"

Seriously, I would not have the nerve to keep approaching the same celebrity again and again. I don't know if these women are dangerous, I'm guessing they're not, but Matt Bomer has a situation on his hands. He is going to have to start being less polite about this situation.

by Anonymousreply 413July 16, 2018 5:18 AM

Matt is always very polite to them-im sure he appreciates them coming to the show or some events but even he must be like, "here again?". He's lucky a lot of his stans seem to be Europe-based so they can't follow him around as much.

by Anonymousreply 414July 16, 2018 5:44 AM

R412 How about using Matt & some of the actors from BITB for the show? They all seem to get along well and they have persona experience. We’ll have to think about who to cast for the women in the show. Of course we’ll also have to add the fanatic fan characters.

I like the idea of focusing on how being a star publicly affects the private lives of actors & family and friends. Also showing how the fans act and why they do it and the effects on their lives. Could make an interesting show!

by Anonymousreply 415July 16, 2018 12:59 PM

Someone needs to save this man!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 16, 2018 5:17 PM

R415 You know they really should make a show like that.

I don't know who the guy was supposed to be but I saw a YouTube video of some actor and these photographers just kept following and following him through LAX airport. "Are you really clean and sober? Are you really clean and sober? Are you really clean and sober?", "Why did you cheat on so and so? Are you really clean and sober?"

Just over and over again and relentlessly following him. It's legalized harassment and stalking.

I don't know if Bomer's situation is as bad with these women who have no sense of shame as far as showing up wherever he goes, but I'm pretty sure he is not happy to see them waiting for him again and again.

Twitter girls!! You don't stand a chance with Matt Bomer, he does not want his relationship or his sexuality to be fetishized by a couple of het women and he doesn't want you aggressively sticking your noses into his life!! Have I made that plain enough? (Sheesh!)

by Anonymousreply 417July 16, 2018 5:18 PM

Social media has made it a competition for these pathetic, nasty bitches to one up each other on "access" to their star.

by Anonymousreply 418July 16, 2018 5:23 PM

Yes, I think so R418.

by Anonymousreply 419July 16, 2018 5:27 PM

However, duckling is also to blame by providing easy access on a regular basis. He should only have done stage door randomly once a week, or not at all.

by Anonymousreply 420July 16, 2018 5:27 PM

Social media has created this false intimacy between normal people and celebrities. They feel like they know stars personally because of what they post or if they get a like/reply from them. No different with Matt I guess. Giving Matt gifts at the stage door is ok but why give Simon a gift? Overly personal there.

You can't blame Matt for doing the stage door regularly R420. He probably wanted to show his appreciation to people who came to the show. Not his fault that his fans showed up several nights in a row.

by Anonymousreply 421July 16, 2018 5:30 PM

Also a good point R420.

I know duckling is meant to be a derisive term, but I like it (but I honestly don't think Simon would live with a 40 year-old "duckling", especially with three growing kids and a career to deal with).

by Anonymousreply 422July 16, 2018 5:31 PM

[quote]Not his fault that his fans showed up several nights in a row.

Celebs are VERY aware of this behavior. One batshit crazy Chinese heiress has seen Angels in America over 70 times (front row too) just to be close to Lee Pace, per that actor's thread.

by Anonymousreply 423July 16, 2018 5:35 PM

R421 You know what's scary? The false sense of intimacy that used to be created by books, magazines and tabloids is only going to get worse with social media. Celebrities need to be careful.

We are already seeing average people becoming unwilling celebrities. #PlaneBae anyone?

by Anonymousreply 424July 16, 2018 5:40 PM

I'm sure Matt is able to tune out the OTT fans whenever he wants and just acts professional when asked to sign or take a pic by one of them. Its part of the job. I think if they were to cross a line-e.g. take pics of the kids or share info about them-then it might be a different story.

by Anonymousreply 425July 16, 2018 5:41 PM

I guess it’s a conflict between recognition & appreciation & fame that successful actors want and encourage and even use in socially responsible ways and just wanting to be yourself and live your life privately. Because of the play, Matt has been very accessible this summer, although it doesn’t seem like he gets bothered much away from the theater and public events. Fans may have spotted Simon at the theater a few times, but they don’t seem to be following him around. I could probably literally bump into either one of them sometime and not even recognize them if I wasn’t expecting to see them.

by Anonymousreply 426July 16, 2018 5:56 PM

Ah most actors and singers have weird fans, Matt's no different. His seem harmless enough in comparison to other random out there. His are just older straight women who appear to just love him.

by Anonymousreply 427July 16, 2018 6:00 PM

R416 Well, this basically looks like a an opportunity to attend the play for a thousand dollar plus contribution to the ACLU and while you’re there, you can say hello to Matt. You pay your own transportation, etc. About 3 hrs left for bids, fans.

by Anonymousreply 428July 16, 2018 6:03 PM

What R418 has said.

I knew this one fan who attended 40 Westend musical of a British pop idol. Eventually the celebrity told her if she's got a life other than enjoying him dancing around everyday. Some of Matt's fans are pretty much the same. It's even more ridiculous that these fans are middle aged women whereas those at westend were teenagers or in their early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 429July 16, 2018 6:05 PM

It's only $900 worth his time so far. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 430July 16, 2018 6:12 PM

If I had the money to go to NYC and see 3 Broadway plays, I wouldn’t go to the same one 3 times! Matt’s great and I’d love to that play and meet him after, but there’s a lot more to see & do in the city than to stagedoor every performance.

by Anonymousreply 431July 16, 2018 6:13 PM

Not sure where the bids started, but it’ll be at least $1000 by the time the auction ends. We’re talking about literally a few minutes of Matt’s time. What do people pay for yours, R430? Lol

by Anonymousreply 432July 16, 2018 6:17 PM

Think that's what has always struck me as a little odd R429. The behaviour you see from some of his fans is akin to what you see from teenage fans. Very weird. Such a lack of self-awareness from them.

Think of lot of fans go to the play once and then do the stage door on nights when they aren't seeing the place. Feel bad for normal theatre goers who go to the stage door and get stuck at the back because over zealous fans hang out there daily

by Anonymousreply 433July 16, 2018 6:18 PM

R418 is correct. These women stalk him at every opportunity, ask for a selfie every single time, then share them on social media to get jealousy and praise from their fellow fans.

Matt probably only knows them as "That weird lady who shows up everywhere" and they've barely exchanged 3 sentences at all their dozens of interactions. I bet if you grabbed this lady, held a gun to her head and demanded Matt give some personal detail about her to save her life, he wouldn't be able to do it.

by Anonymousreply 434July 16, 2018 6:37 PM

To his credit, a lot of them have said he remembers their names (although when they tweet him and comment on his posts all the time then I'm sure names stick out). He does appear to be very grateful that they'd made the effort to come and see them but I'm sure there's times where he goes "she's out here again??".

Have his parents been to the show? Anyone spot them?

by Anonymousreply 435July 16, 2018 6:44 PM

I think Matt's parents and siblings keep a low profile.

by Anonymousreply 436July 16, 2018 6:54 PM

Like R429 and R433 said, the age of these women is the strange part of his fandom.

Does Matt have gay male fans this vocal? It doesn't seem like it. I think he got these ones from White Collar.

You're right, R432, it's already over 1,000 and the period for the audition is so short. He should have posted it on Instagram too if he really wanted more people to see it. Has anyone read an account from someone who won one of these paid "Meet & Greets?" It doesn't seem like the winners of these auctions are ever his online super fans and the wording allows him to keep the meeting as short as he wants as in "Introduce yourself to"

While it seems like his parents are comfortable with him being gay they still seem conservative. He talked about how they'd only let him see secular television growing up. He joked that they wouldn't see Magic Mike. He did mention when his dad saw Walking Out and doing the small part in Magnificent Seven for his dad. It's possible this might not be their thing.

by Anonymousreply 437July 16, 2018 7:00 PM

The majority of his fans are definitely from his White Collar days. Female fans probably fell in love with him as Neal Caffery and still think of Matt as that character.

Meet and Greets are just ways for charities or events to make money. Doubt many stars enjoy doing it. The people are usually "vetted" before they can meet the person. Sometimes there's something they have to sign to say they can't share certain details about the meet. Looks like he just forgot about and hasn't given it much thought.

The play is quite gay but it's their son's Broadway debut. They could have just gone under the radar and not been noticed

by Anonymousreply 438July 16, 2018 7:16 PM

I didn't know that R438 Re: Meet & Greets. I wish I had of at least stage doored when I went but I'm so tiny and there were a ton of people there when I left the theater already!

And I hope they visited too. When he talks about his mom especially they seem like very nice people.

by Anonymousreply 439July 16, 2018 7:34 PM

Unless you're at the back seats in the theatre it's pretty tough to get a decent spot at the stage door. Some fans already queue up while the play is still on so even less chance for theatre goers to meet the actors. Depends on the day too.

His parents seem like decent people but hard to forget they didn't speak to him for 6 months once he came out. He said it took them a few years to rebuild their relationship. Must have been quite tough.

by Anonymousreply 440July 16, 2018 8:03 PM

BITB has made this thread active but extremely boring.

by Anonymousreply 441July 17, 2018 12:58 AM

R431 $2800 ;)

by Anonymousreply 442July 17, 2018 1:46 AM

^ meant that for R432

by Anonymousreply 443July 17, 2018 1:47 AM

Glad he fucked Andrew, which he obviously did to have an excuse to get the fuck away from the old boring fuck, And Simon commits suicide in 3...2...1...

by Anonymousreply 444July 17, 2018 1:50 AM

Glad I got to you R444 before the implosion.

What are your insights as far as Matt and Simon's relationship? What do you think the nature of it is? What is the fuel that their relationship runs on?

by Anonymousreply 445July 17, 2018 2:32 AM

R445 Stop feeding the troll.

by Anonymousreply 446July 17, 2018 2:51 AM

R445, I thought your movie posts were cute at first but now you're feeding random trolls. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS.

by Anonymousreply 447July 17, 2018 4:16 AM

'kay, sorry :-(

by Anonymousreply 448July 17, 2018 4:56 AM

Don't feed the troll please! he should just go away.

by Anonymousreply 449July 17, 2018 7:50 AM

Look at Andrew with Zachary's Boyfriend. The man is very affectionate with people, indeed. I don't believe anything happened between him and Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450July 17, 2018 7:53 AM

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 451July 17, 2018 8:42 AM

Only 3 weeks until the show is finished. That flew by. It managed to earn back its investment which is pretty impressive for a limited run.

Has there been any word on when Vulture Club or Papi Chulo are set for release?

by Anonymousreply 452July 17, 2018 3:54 PM

R452, there haven't been any updates on Vulture Club since March. At the time it was definitely going on Youtube Red but they hadn't found an official theatrical partner. The only thing we know is they said "late" this year so probably between September and early November.

He is R450 but not everyone goes for it. They clearly they had a talk and he backed way off after they were roped into the Cohen closer "game" and the photo was posted everywhere to promote the show except Matt's own instagram. Simon was still liking/commenting on Andrew's instagrams after. They've been on opposite sides of every public photo opp since. Behind the scenes photos show they're all like that with each other but as Matt said on that podcast interview "platonically."

I did think it was interesting when during the podcast interview, when Matt was asked if they all hang out before the show, he was careful to say that he talks to Michael & Zachary but he doesn't see everyone else until their required fight call. Rannells seems to be with Parsons.

Also there's a chance if you get to the show early you can hear them practicing their fight call while waiting to go in. All of us heard a lot of screaming the day we went to see the show and the usher said they were doing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 17, 2018 4:56 PM

They're still doing it. Duckling is dressing sexually, exposing lots of skin, and seems more comfortable in his own skin.

by Anonymousreply 454July 17, 2018 5:04 PM

Wonder what Matt does to get Simon in the mood. Wonder what Simon does to get Matt in the mood.

by Anonymousreply 455July 17, 2018 6:17 PM

Because that’s what you do when you have an extramarital affair - dress sexually and show lots of skin. Everyone knows that. By the way it’s also very hot in NYC, especially in crowds and under lights, . He probably feels more comfortable going out to greet fans since he’s been doing it almost every day for months now.

by Anonymousreply 456July 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Another WeAreManKind post. He does look good in those pics. Side note though: isn't he supposed to state that they're sponsored posts or that he's getting paid for them (assuming that he is)?

by Anonymousreply 457July 17, 2018 6:42 PM

Of course he's getting paid for it. He just forgot to type #ad.

by Anonymousreply 458July 17, 2018 6:49 PM

Matt would be really stupid to have an affair with Andrew or anyone else. He has a beautiful, stable family. The kids obviously adore him. Why would he fuck that up?.

by Anonymousreply 459July 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Right 456. It's very hot in NYC.

Also this is the first time we've seen him almost every single day for the past few months as opposed to once a month in a staged pap photo or at a premiere, interview or party. He could have very well been comfortable at other times and dates. Who would know?

The same goes for his clothing. He's going to wear what he has in his closet that he feels comfortable in at this point. He is just dressing for transit. Him signing playbills is not a formal event after this many months. He's going to wear what is clean and what he has laying around.

R457, that depends on the policy of the company. They tell you in advance what you are required to do. Physical products are more likely to ask you to say if something is sponsored. He also seems to state only when something isn't paid.

His next promos will be for Target along with Busy Phillips who they considered, "influential moms and dads." I guess he'll start posting those next month.

by Anonymousreply 460July 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Some people will do anything to convince themselves Duckling isn't banging Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 461July 17, 2018 6:58 PM

Oh yeah I read that Target was looking to do something for back to school promos with Busy Phillips and Matt. Although from the article it didn't sound like a done deal. Sounded more like they were eying him up for it.

Usually it's a requirement to state whether something is a sponsored post. I know the Kardashians had to go back and edit a lot of their photos to include #ad or #sp because they got complaints from that they weren't being transparent. It's still one of those things that toes the line

by Anonymousreply 462July 17, 2018 6:58 PM

R462, yeah I read one too. Sounded like he was already asked. They didn't say if he agreed to it yet. I guess we'll see.

And yeah, they did get in trouble but there's a loophole there.

Usually the company gives you a list of rules and regulations for posting ads along with guidelines for what the picture should portray, hashtags you should use and how it should look. The companies also give the influencer example copy to use when they post their images so he could just be going by that. (Since the formats of those posts about the jeans company follow the standard formats companies like that send you. "Thank you company name for one thing or another.")

The loophole is, that you don't have to post #ad or #sponsored if what you're posting is "clearly" commercial in nature & not designed to mislead anyone. In this case, it's easy to find out that he has a relationship with the company. The problem is, like you said, there's a line. To keep himself as safe as possible he should be posting #ad or #sponsored (at the least when he's posting the ones on the streets that weren't professionally taken) but it's possible the FTC would let him get away with just thanking the company and using their hashtag.

by Anonymousreply 463July 17, 2018 7:34 PM

Nice note to his fans and costars on IG. Wonder if there are many tickets left for the remaining shows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 19, 2018 5:12 AM

If Matt was gonna have an affair with a cast mate why Rannels? Why not Tuc Watkins?, yum.

by Anonymousreply 465July 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Looks like there's still tickets left. Dates for July. Can't see anything for August but there's probably some left. Heard that the theatre was mostly full for a lot of nights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 19, 2018 5:56 AM

There are usually more tickets than you can tell by looking at a chart and yes there are some for August.

However, new seats open up a day or two before a particular show goes on. Companies like ticket master also do that.

Those ones are usually snapped up right before the show starts by people who don't want to pay full price and wait until the last minute intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 467July 19, 2018 6:44 AM

Duckling Troll = Mean Jeallous Cunt

by Anonymousreply 468July 19, 2018 8:10 AM

YUM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469July 19, 2018 8:23 AM

Slutty skintight jeans! They’re still banging! I have tears in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 470July 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Yummyyyyy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471July 19, 2018 8:28 AM

R471 The guy at 1:05 looking at his phone instead of looking at Matt's ass. SMFH.

by Anonymousreply 472July 19, 2018 8:31 AM

Those are pretty much painted on. He and Rannells must be banging the hell out of each other.

by Anonymousreply 473July 19, 2018 8:34 AM

His balls are suffocating. R459

by Anonymousreply 474July 19, 2018 8:39 AM

I meant R469 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 475July 19, 2018 8:39 AM

I'm all for him wearing skinny jeans but he is obviously running out of things to wear.

My kingdom for a camera person that would have discovered they could have zoomed in on his butt earlier.

by Anonymousreply 476July 19, 2018 3:08 PM

"he is obviously running out of things to wear. "

Sure Jane

by Anonymousreply 477July 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Amusing example of how swag culture works in the IG age

Bomer just posted a thank you to Ocean Prime restaurant on IG

However, Michael B Washington on his IG reveals that Bomer took the cast to dinner yesterday, and the restaurant offered to pay for their meal

by Anonymousreply 478July 19, 2018 3:51 PM

Here is the recent SAG interview. Not quite as much repetition, but all the interviewers ask the same questions. No mention of his personal life at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Umm, the guy Matt is fucking is probably Simon. They were apart for a couple of months. Anyway, he looks great - physically & emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 480July 19, 2018 4:03 PM

R477 No one is wearing white skinny jeans in 2018, dear.

R478 I noticed that! I think it was obvious the restaurant paid for it since Matt was promoting it on instagram as a photo and story but hearing Michael B say Matt took them out to dinner but it was really paid for by the restaurant in not so many words is funny.

R479, Just as I expected but it's really about his acting and not his life. I wonder if he will follow through and do that Dax Prescott podcast. I think that's the best chance for him to talk about other things.

by Anonymousreply 481July 19, 2018 4:06 PM

[quote]Umm, the guy Matt is fucking is probably Simon.

LOL! Sleeping with Simon turned Matt into duckling. And he has been duckling for years and years and years. Until recent, when he looks like he suddenly became aware of his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 482July 19, 2018 4:15 PM

Simon has disappeared since that fan gave him the letter and gifts.

by Anonymousreply 483July 19, 2018 4:17 PM

Aside from speculation about him and Rannells, I do wonder whether things are ok between Matt and Simon. Simon was there around the 4th of July but no sightings since. Guess we will see in the months after the show what comes of their relationship. The kids appear to still be at camp too. He's spent an awful lot of time away from them. He's seen the kids for like a week out like 3 months?? He's lucky he's a guy, if he were a woman he'd be dragged for not seeing his kids.

by Anonymousreply 484July 19, 2018 6:36 PM

Simon was at billie lourd birthday party. there is a picture of him at the event.

by Anonymousreply 485July 19, 2018 6:54 PM

Saw that pic too. I imagine he flies back and forth as he probably has work commitments too. I suppose that the kids are older now it's harder to keep them entertained for weeks on end. Makes more sense to send them to camp.

by Anonymousreply 486July 19, 2018 7:02 PM

Oh thank god Mr Peabody is back in los angeles, Bomer and Rannells can enjoy sleepovers without the awkwardness now.

by Anonymousreply 487July 19, 2018 7:20 PM

Matt did say that Simon and the kids would be back in New York for the last few weeks of the play. They are most likely waiting for summer camps to end. Last year Matt said Kit was away at camp for a month.

by Anonymousreply 488July 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Yes, R488. He did say that. I think last year he mentioned that the oldest goes to summer camp for a month and the younger ones go for half the summer when he was telling the deodorant story? Maybe they all went the whole month.

As for Simon, he may be out west now but who knows when he left? He was in NYC on the 4th. He could have flown back anytime between now and Billie's party. Also doesn't his PR agency have an office in NYC?

[quote] He's seen the kids for like a week out like 3 months?? He's lucky he's a guy, if he were a woman he'd be dragged for not seeing his kids.

They're somewhat well off people who don't see their kids all the time during the summer. I think a lot of celebs are like that. The real issue is that Matt can't leave NYC. So if you take away the time the kids were still in school and the time the kids are in camp that's a lot of time but not that much time away.

Plus it seems that since his next job is directing he'll be around more often in his home office at least until they actually shoot the episode he is directing.

by Anonymousreply 489July 19, 2018 8:25 PM

Another new interview with Matt. Toward the end of this he talks about Simon and the kids. His face lights up when talking about his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 19, 2018 8:40 PM

It's a fair enough observation to say that he hasn't seen much of his kids over the last few months. It's not meant to demonize him but it's just a fact that he's not doing the heavy lifting. I remember David Burtka once said in an interview that when he was doing a Broadway show that NPH was being Super Dad as he was busy with the show. Directing is actually a pretty heavy workload and he even said that he'd was the first to get in and the last to get out when he was on Versace.

That was a decent interview-not that much new to it but a bit more of an insight into his theatre work. Cute story about the kids going to Micheal B Washington's dressing room for sweets. Looks like he's planning on directing and doing more Broadway in the future.

by Anonymousreply 491July 19, 2018 8:44 PM

The children have a nanny like all celebrities. Christ Bomer even roped the children in with the pets when he listed his responsibilities at home. He's just not very hands on.

by Anonymousreply 492July 19, 2018 8:52 PM

It's the nanny and Simon who are most likely the primary caregivers. Kids have to be used to Matt not being around very much at this stage.

by Anonymousreply 493July 19, 2018 8:58 PM

I their emergency contact

by Anonymousreply 494July 19, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote]Directing is actually a pretty heavy workload and he even said that he'd was the first to get in and the last to get out when he was on Versace.

That was his own doing. I think he mentioned that he took 4 months to work on the episode? It would normally take about half that amount of time. I think it says a lot about how dedicated he was to the process of directing a single episode. He included the time he spent reading the material Ryan Murphy gave him to review in his count, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 495July 19, 2018 9:33 PM

Well in general directing is a lot more work than acting and is a lot more responsibility. He seems like such a thorough individual and a perfectionist too.so wouldn't be surprised if he spent that much time on other directing jobs.

by Anonymousreply 496July 19, 2018 9:53 PM

That's true R496 but it will be nice for him to be able to get in a car and go home to see the kids when he wants to. From the way he described his day it seems like he's the one handling them in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 497July 19, 2018 10:29 PM

Matt and Rannells sitting together. Not that it means anything...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498July 19, 2018 11:46 PM

You just know they each had one hand under the table the whole meal.

by Anonymousreply 499July 19, 2018 11:56 PM

Lol! What was he thinking here? Is he trying to tell us something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 20, 2018 12:27 AM

R498, he's also sitting next to Quinto? They're so close! You think that means anything! Other than he has known those two the longest and they're three of the big four on the show? Wow! Look at Parsons! Brian Hutchison's hand is on the back of his chair? Is he in a threesome with him and his husband? Oh please. It means nothing.

R500, He's talking about doing scenes about the AIDS epidemic as a teenager and playing with his ring so he has something to do with his hands?

by Anonymousreply 501July 20, 2018 12:44 AM

That’s not unusual hand behavior for an Aspergian.

by Anonymousreply 502July 20, 2018 12:45 AM

He often plays with his ring in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 503July 20, 2018 12:50 AM

It seems like he makes a conscious effort at one point to grab the sides of the chair and stop moving his hands around because he's aware of it.

One thing I noticed during his interviews and presentations these past few months is how much more comfortable he is not butching it up in front of the camera. Probably from being around all of the other gay men in the play. Especially during the SAG AFTRA interview it seems like the him behind the cameras slips out a bit like it did during the Versace behind the scenes video when he didn't know the camera was on him. He would have never done that during the promotion for the Last Tycoon and especially during his White Collar days.

by Anonymousreply 504July 20, 2018 12:57 AM

I believe he is effeminate in real life.

by Anonymousreply 505July 20, 2018 1:17 AM

This was one of the best interviews I’ve seen with him. I also the1st SAG interview he did after Normal Heart and the Popcorn show interview last year. Seems like he relaxes when he has one male interviewer who asks thoughtful questions and encourages him to talk, rather than constantly breaking in and changing subjects. Much less repetition of canned stories this time even though he had to go over a lot of old stuff.

by Anonymousreply 506July 20, 2018 1:18 AM

R504 With 1 being most butch and 5 being most femme, when he is relaxed, he’s about a 3-4. Depends on the situation, of course. He can be very convincingly masculine.

by Anonymousreply 507July 20, 2018 1:22 AM

From his newest interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 20, 2018 1:24 AM

The nanny/housekeeper probably provides the steady female figure in the boys’ lives.

by Anonymousreply 509July 20, 2018 1:24 AM

So the kids are bragging about their hot/successful dad. I would too.

by Anonymousreply 510July 20, 2018 1:33 AM

Duckling's IMDB starmeter rank nosedive to bottom 5000 and down 71 points this week. Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 511July 21, 2018 6:38 PM

Duck boat sank. Tsk tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 512July 21, 2018 6:43 PM

R500 He missed bottoming for Simon so much!

by Anonymousreply 513July 21, 2018 9:21 PM

The duckling troll keeps track of Matt's IMDB rank LMAOOO!

by Anonymousreply 514July 21, 2018 9:39 PM

I did not troll his IMDB since the comment section is closed, so I am not responsible for Duckling's irrelevance outside the DL.

by Anonymousreply 515July 21, 2018 9:49 PM

No, I am the duckling troll. You get your own schtick.

by Anonymousreply 516July 21, 2018 9:50 PM

R516 I am the the creator of the name "Duckling". Glad you agree with me that he's a duckling.

by Anonymousreply 517July 21, 2018 9:57 PM

Duckling composes a tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 21, 2018 10:06 PM

Duckling, Simon with PR team now get to taste their own medicine and do relentless damage control here.

by Anonymousreply 519July 21, 2018 10:07 PM

R519, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 520July 21, 2018 10:30 PM

Yes WTF How else to make a married bottom gay with kids relevant?

by Anonymousreply 521July 22, 2018 12:16 AM

Wonder whether their marriage is going to last now. Matt seems dead set on doing more Broadway and he's not going to get the opportunity to do shows with limited runs all the time. Could easily envision him just moving to New York and doing a show for 6 months to a year. Hard to gauge from interviews, but you get the impression that he would just prefer to do plays.

by Anonymousreply 522July 22, 2018 1:07 PM

R521 but married bottom gay with children is the only public persona Matt has ever had.

by Anonymousreply 523July 22, 2018 1:11 PM

[quote]Aside from speculation about him and Rannells, I do wonder whether things are ok between Matt and Simon. Simon was there around the 4th of July but no sightings since.

You do realize that the play is Matt's job. How many couples go to each others work everyday?

by Anonymousreply 524July 22, 2018 2:07 PM

He and Rannells are still banging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525July 22, 2018 2:11 PM

Is that your way of saying, “Matt looks radiant!”? He sure does! Sure seems popular, too. Boo hoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526July 22, 2018 3:38 PM

He looks ridiculously well for a 40 year-old. Obviously he gets a lot of skin treatments and botox but even still, could easily pass for early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 527July 22, 2018 3:44 PM

[quote]Matt seems dead set on doing more Broadway and he's not going to get the opportunity to do shows with limited runs all the time.

552, it's like a job interview. He's not going to go into interviews with Broadway reviewers/interviewers and critics and NOT say that he doesn't enjoy what he's doing and he wouldn't do it again. The man never says anything negative. It would be stupid to say anything less than he is enjoying it and would love to do it again. We won't have any idea how he really feels until a year or so from now when we see if he does it again.

It does speak volumes that Ryan Murphy and nearly every major gay actor in Hollywood being involved with the play is what it took to get him there after all these years. His husband was also involved too, setting up interviews for the cast and Matt during the run. For instance: Simon was the one that set up the NYTs spots that ran earlier in the cycle and he was publicly thanked for doing it.

[quote] Simon was there around the 4th of July but no sightings since.

We know he was in LA for his best friend of decades daughter's birthday. It's very possible for both to be out and about at any point between that and not be seen. It was already clear after fans spotted him in the car waiting for Matt after that lady wrote him the letter and gave him the gift that he was keeping a lower profile.

[quote]You do realize that the play is Matt's job. How many couples go to each others work everyday?

People on here were complaining a not too long ago that he wasn't working enough after doing smaller roles in the Magnificent Seven and The Nice Guys. He might be gone for a few months straight but then he'll be around for a solid month or two in the future. (He has said multiple times this is the longest he's been gone and not seen them in - what - 14 years?)

This is the biggest and longest thing he's done this year. He did Papi Chulo in Los Angeles which was a short shoot. He did Vulture club which didn't look like it took more than a couple of weeks since it's not his film. He has a project to direct, claims he has other offers to direct and says he's going to Ireland later on this year.

Other than that he'll be at home and that's where he has been most of the year.

[quote]He looks ridiculously well for a 40 year-old. Obviously he gets a lot of skin treatments and botox but even still, could easily pass for early 30s.

He does look well for a 40 year old. Whatever he is doing he should keep doing it because people praising his looks and gasping in public is still happening. I don't think he does have much botox. The man knows how to do his own makeup. He still has very visible lines on his head which you can see in clear photos (which he wouldn't have with botox) but it's also obvious he's always wearing make up.

He has that mark on the side of his jaw that appears and disappears depending on how much he's wearing and he has been wearing a lot.

by Anonymousreply 528July 22, 2018 5:24 PM

R528. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 529July 22, 2018 5:34 PM

He's actually worked a fair bit since 2017. He spent the first half of '17 shooting TLT and then doing promo-was back and forth to New York and that Monte Carlo festival. From August-October it looks as if he was doing the directing job (including prep work, a course, and shadowing). Then he did Vulture Club and was back and forth to New York in November/December/January. He did Papi Chulo for about 4 weeks from February and then late March/April it was play rehearsals. Obviously he's had some breaks in between but he's packed a lot into the last year. His family is probably used to him being gone for chunks during the year at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 530July 22, 2018 6:30 PM

The difference is while doing the play he can't leave NYC and he gets one day completely off to himself.

While doing a movie he might work long hours some days but other days he may not work at all because they may not be shooting a scene he is in or need him. If he books something in Los Angeles he can go home or be at home on the days he isn't working.

It was sweet when he said he had to leave Monte Carlo because he had to go see his kids in a play. He seems to have his priorities straight. Good luck to him.

by Anonymousreply 531July 22, 2018 6:48 PM

R531 that was for the London premiere of The Nice Guys that he said he couldn't be there as he had the school play. Monte Carlo was last year and he was there on Father's Day.

by Anonymousreply 532July 22, 2018 7:16 PM

It always amazes me how some of you keep up with EVERYTHING he's ever done. When, where and how.

by Anonymousreply 533July 22, 2018 10:47 PM

You know the play is coming to an end by the stage door pics and vids. He seems pretty worn out here-but kudos to him for going out to sign almost every night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534July 22, 2018 11:05 PM

I’m glad I went to the show early in the previews when he wasn’t in a hurry after the show. The crowds were smaller then. Also, it wasn’t hot weather yet.

by Anonymousreply 535July 23, 2018 1:21 AM

He didn't take selfie on that day but lucky that his balloon fraus weren't there to enforce a change.

by Anonymousreply 536July 23, 2018 3:54 AM

He was very accommodating during the previews. Novelty just worn off. Maybe he didn't realise how taxing it would be. Some fans can be demanding as anything. But he made a huge effort in comparison to the other leads so he deserves credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 537July 23, 2018 4:20 AM

Seems like he took a photo that day with someone who caught him outside of the line.

Looks like he even took out one of his airpods to talk to her.

They both look adorable. Lucky girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538July 23, 2018 5:39 AM

Though 4 months away from family and is a long time I think it's more notable how little time Matt has spent away on location since White Collar, a few days/weeks for Magnificent Seven and the Nice Guys, he's seems to have come and gone from Walking out. The longest location shoot must have been Magic Mike XXL in 2014?

I wonder what projects he may have turned down because of the location involved, TV shows shoot in very out of the way places now. And surely he must be the only actor of his age never to have filmed in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 539July 23, 2018 11:49 AM

Duckling filmed Tru Calling and Traveler in Canada.

N00b!

by Anonymousreply 540July 23, 2018 12:22 PM

It's worth noting that even when he did White Collar he would fly home every weekend, even if there wasn't much time spent there R539 and with Magic Mike XXL he was still able to go home if he wasn't needed on set since the cast was so huge and he wasn't in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 541July 23, 2018 1:56 PM

While it's obvious that he has enjoyed doing Broadway, he did say that being away from Simon and the kids has been hard. He must be happy to be going home soon.

by Anonymousreply 542July 23, 2018 2:28 PM

Duckling was away for about a month when magic mike filmed in Georgia.

Why are frauen so obsessed how often duckling sees his children? This is how life is for all actors. They make enough money to hire nannies.

by Anonymousreply 543July 23, 2018 2:32 PM

I agree R543. It's ridiculous. Our marines spend years away from home and family. Why do these women mourn a privileged wealthy white man?

by Anonymousreply 544July 23, 2018 5:47 PM

Most of you must be spending shitload of time tracking his personal and professional life - I cannot remember where I was on holidays 3 years ago but you remember where and for how long he was on a set of each of his movies.

by Anonymousreply 545July 23, 2018 6:34 PM

R545, you know what Google is? Right?

by Anonymousreply 546July 23, 2018 9:26 PM

R543 The duckling troll telling others they are obsessed, when he knows everything Matt & Simon have ever done. He even knows exactly what time Matt took a shit this morning. Pathetic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 547July 23, 2018 9:55 PM

I will be glad when this Broadway production ends.

by Anonymousreply 548July 24, 2018 2:45 AM

R548 why?

by Anonymousreply 549July 24, 2018 5:41 AM

Papi Chulo will premiere at Toronto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 24, 2018 3:00 PM

John Butler's last film premiered there if I remember correctly and was received well. I do wonder if Matt is coming to Ireland for the film later in the year or just for a holiday. There's no bigish film festivals for the rest of the year in Ireland

by Anonymousreply 551July 24, 2018 3:49 PM

R549 Ready for Matt to be home

by Anonymousreply 552July 24, 2018 4:39 PM

r551 Sometimes Arts Councils or Film Institutes that back up movies financially organise special screenings. This is the case for BFI jn UK - might be something similar in Ireland

by Anonymousreply 553July 24, 2018 5:47 PM

R552 home is where my dick is.

by Anonymousreply 554July 24, 2018 5:48 PM

R554 You nasty slut! Stop already. I have a family!

by Anonymousreply 555July 24, 2018 5:49 PM

R551 I don't think he would have said it to fans if it was just a holiday.

The duckling troll has multiple accounts now and has lost her mind. Thank God this thread is almost over.

She is absolutely bonkers when he gets attention and people like him.

by Anonymousreply 556July 24, 2018 6:46 PM

The duckling troll has always posted from multiple devices.

by Anonymousreply 557July 24, 2018 6:50 PM

Actually, I think there are a few helpers to the Duckling troll. A couple of cunts who think it’s cute. Let’s name the next MB thread No Duckling Trolls Allowed.

by Anonymousreply 558July 24, 2018 7:01 PM

Where's Simon? I want to see that sexy dad!

by Anonymousreply 559July 24, 2018 7:32 PM

Is that Simon in the background of the second pic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560July 24, 2018 10:46 PM

That's like a fat person, you blind bat.

by Anonymousreply 561July 24, 2018 10:54 PM

This thread is almost full. New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562July 24, 2018 11:51 PM

There are like forty posts to go, turd

by Anonymousreply 563July 24, 2018 11:53 PM

R560 I agree. It does look like Simon. You have to zoom in. He's wearing a light blue t-shrit.

by Anonymousreply 564July 25, 2018 1:09 AM

[R560] It's him!! He's waiting for Matty how sweet!! No wonder Matt is in a hurry, he wants to stay with his hubby!

by Anonymousreply 565July 25, 2018 11:14 AM

R565 Yep, that's the reason.

by Anonymousreply 566July 25, 2018 11:15 AM

I don't think the only reason Matt was in such a hurry is Simon, he's getting tired of doing stage door and the show is in its final 3 weeks he must be feeling exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 567July 25, 2018 11:41 AM

Meeting fans every single night must take it's toll. Most of the others have been on Broadway before so they know better than to do the stage door every night. Taxing as hell.

Would love to know more about Simon. He really stays in the background but just curious to get a better idea of him. Bruzr Bozzi said Simon was one of his dream guests on his radio lunch show but I doubt Simon would ever do it.

by Anonymousreply 568July 25, 2018 11:56 AM

Fans saw Simon at the stage door last night. They said hello to him and he said hi back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 25, 2018 2:06 PM

That's why he wasn't dressed in a slutty shirt, because Father Goose was watching him.

by Anonymousreply 570July 25, 2018 2:12 PM

Matt is slutty just for Simon!!

by Anonymousreply 571July 25, 2018 3:06 PM

Omg what is this balloon's problem? She took 200 photos with him but when Matt is rejected selfies with hundreds of visitors who are flying from all over the world this bitch is taking away his time again and again. Fucking ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572July 25, 2018 3:55 PM

*rejecting

by Anonymousreply 573July 25, 2018 3:56 PM

If Duckling was not Duckling, he would have told the bogarting bitch to fuck off.

But alas, Duckling is Duckling.

by Anonymousreply 574July 25, 2018 4:03 PM

He'll always stop for his super fans. Maybe he doesn't want to offend them by not stopping or just wants to keep them happy so that they don't freak out. I'd be weirded out if a fan continually showed up at the stage door or other events.

by Anonymousreply 575July 25, 2018 4:46 PM

Oh come on. Matt’s a star. He has some zealous fans. They give him lots of positive feedback and free publicity. He pays them back by being friendly. Nothing unusual there.

by Anonymousreply 576July 25, 2018 5:19 PM

Nearly all stars are super friendly to their stans. They know it's part and parcel of being in the public eye. Are there any stories of Matt being less than friendly?

by Anonymousreply 577July 25, 2018 6:34 PM

R572 I would be embarrassed. And she posts the pictures without any shame at all.

by Anonymousreply 578July 25, 2018 7:31 PM

I've just watched SAG AFTRA interview - not sure what's about these interviews but they're my favourite interviews of Matt's - he's relaxed, joking and even if he's asked the same question he always adds something or does it in an entertaining way.

by Anonymousreply 579July 25, 2018 8:01 PM

That's because Rannells just fucked him.

by Anonymousreply 580July 25, 2018 8:03 PM

He apologised for telling the soap story so many times in that interview. Maybe he'll stop eventually telling that story

by Anonymousreply 581July 25, 2018 8:04 PM

I wonder why he insists on repeating the story.

by Anonymousreply 582July 25, 2018 8:08 PM

I was hoping the next thread would be titled, "Matt Bomer Part 6: I Vow To Never Stop Talking About Guiding Light!"

R577, someone mentioned that earlier and said there weren't any stories of him being anything less than kind to fans but then someone said he had a couple banned from the set of White Collar but he didn't do it in person and they were apparently stalking his family so that made sense.

He's always nice but I also think we don't have any clue how he really feels about anything.

I think it's annoying the super fans keep showing up but only from an outsider's perspective. It just looks odd. What are they expecting? He is probably aware that for the ones that keep saying they've seen the show spent hundreds of dollars just to see him and they will again if he needs them to so he's always nice.

by Anonymousreply 583July 25, 2018 8:24 PM

It's creeping to almost 20 years since he's been on that soap-like really, get a new story to tell again and again. So many other projects he's worked on that he could talk about but nope just that "I was a trust fund.....".

That SAG interview was ok. He talked about The Last Tycoon a little bit. Hard to gauge his true feelings on it but it seems like he thought it was a missed opportunity for him. Noticed how he mentioned a few of the people behind the scenes on the show but not Billy Ray. Awks. I always feel like his interviews are like an illusion: a lot of stuff said but you come away knowing very little about him.

by Anonymousreply 584July 25, 2018 8:43 PM

Back off, DL bitches. The Guiding Light is legend!

I'm with you, Matt. I'm on your side.

by Anonymousreply 585July 25, 2018 8:59 PM

I loved how surprised he was by positive reaction to AHS

by Anonymousreply 586July 25, 2018 9:18 PM

R586 He hated Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 587July 25, 2018 9:25 PM

And clearly mortified by Magic Mike. He said Magic Mike will never leave him. I did love when he talked about being on set with people acting like captain when they really shouldn't. Would like to know who he meant.

by Anonymousreply 588July 25, 2018 9:30 PM

The plot of Hotel was a long way from what he signed up for R586 but since he already agreed to do it before it changed from a story about the Civil War, he was stuck with it.

He never mentions, nor does anyone else, Space Station 76.

Terrible movie but he was beautiful in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589July 25, 2018 9:57 PM

Magic Mike will be the most famous thing Duckling ever does.

by Anonymousreply 590July 25, 2018 9:58 PM

And Magic Mike XXL was most likely a decent paycheck as well. Don't bite the hand that deeded you. What was the other film he did that he seems to despise?? Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't it? He gave up a show on Broadway for that. Seems to be still bitter than that.

by Anonymousreply 591July 25, 2018 10:18 PM

Space Station was alright. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 592July 25, 2018 10:18 PM

He was good in The Nice Guys too. Shame he only had a small role in that. His best work has been White Collar, The Normal Heart, and Walking Out. Everything else has just been ok.

by Anonymousreply 593July 26, 2018 10:38 AM

mr Peabody is pretty much matt's butler, errand boy, bodyguard, fuk buddy once in a while with the big ween,,,,,,they don't sleep in same bed that much any more

onward matt, the future is bright for u

by Anonymousreply 594July 26, 2018 10:59 AM

He tore my heart out in normal heart

hope he won scads of awards for it

by Anonymousreply 595July 26, 2018 10:59 AM

I've always seen Mr Peabody as a combination Alfred Pennyworth / Celine Dione's late husband.

by Anonymousreply 596July 26, 2018 11:01 AM

Traveler never really got a chance. Papa Chulo looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597July 26, 2018 11:04 AM

John Butlers' last two movies were received well in Toronto so looks promising anyway. Will get an Irish distribution most definitely and likely limited release in the US. Be handy if it went to Netflix like Handsome Devil.

by Anonymousreply 598July 26, 2018 12:06 PM

quack!

by Anonymousreply 599July 26, 2018 4:43 PM

quack!

by Anonymousreply 600July 26, 2018 4:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!