Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rupaul's Drag Race - Season 10 - MEET THE QUEENS

Starts March 22nd

First Queen To Sashay Away ?? I'm going to say - Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

Thoughts ???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 10, 2018 11:34 PM

My guess is Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2018 4:42 PM

When their boy looks get posted online, PLEASE LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2018 4:43 PM

Kameron Michaels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2018 4:44 PM

Dusty Ray Bottoms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2018 4:45 PM

Aquaria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2018 4:45 PM

Blair St. Clair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2018 4:48 PM

Miz Cracker (Bob the Drag Queen's daughter)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2018 4:56 PM

Kalorie K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2018 4:58 PM

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (Alexis Mateo's daughter)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2018 4:59 PM

Mayhem Miller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2018 5:01 PM

Monét X Change

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2018 5:02 PM

The Vixen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2018 5:04 PM

Yuhua Hamasaki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2018 5:05 PM

Eureka O'Hara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2018 5:06 PM

Monique Heart deleted her Instagram, and Asia O'Hara hasn't posted to hers yet, so no boy pics that I can find.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2018 5:07 PM

Kameron Michaels instagram is a thirst trap, he is so ready to be an out-of-drag sex symbol like Milk.

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2018 5:49 PM

Also I can't believe they are rushing season 10 immediately.

Seems unfair to both the All Stars 3 cast and Season 10 cast to have them right on top of each other, rather than giving them seperate times in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2018 5:53 PM

Eurgh, these people are so damn handsome out of drag. I feel so fucking inadequate in comparison. Not really the feeling I'm looking for when watching Drag Race but whatever, bring on the next season!

The poster above me is correct in saying that Kameron Michaels is thirsty as all fuck but still I hope he motivates me to workout more while he's parading his bod on the show.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2018 8:25 PM

I really don't think Kameron is attractive out of drag at all, he looks far too plastic and resembles Robert Sepúlveda Jr "shudder". Miz Cracker is surprisingly good looking though.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2018 10:46 PM

Dusty Ray Bottoms is a pretty, pretty boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2018 11:50 PM

Whoever posted the bok looks ................ Shontay, PLEASE STAY. Thank you for taking the time !!!

Kameron IS a muscle queen ...............the tattoos are unfortunate, but that bodyodyody !!!

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2018 11:54 PM

shit .........boy loooks

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2018 11:55 PM

Asia O'Hara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2018 12:01 AM

Oh God... Kameron DOES look like Sepulveda in the face!

Things can only go up from Season 9 - the fact that it came down to a transgender and a lecturing academic at the end spoke volumes about that season.

Apparently they're bringing back the old Untucked format, which is great, but the Untucked intros from seasons past would often unintentionally spoil the elimination order by the amount of times the queens were seen in different looks.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2018 12:03 AM

Social media has totally changed the contestants ..............understandably, I guess.

So many of the recent queens (including this 'I look like a bitch, but I'm really nice' cast) all go for Miss Congeniality now.

I miss the days when some of the show (and definitely Untucked) required a glass of tea and some popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2018 12:03 AM

You're a fucking legend R15! Thanks for finding all those boy pics and posting for us. Some of them are very nice looking guys.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2018 12:27 AM

With Dragcon, etc ............... the queens want to be sweethearts and make their money. It's all about touring, branding, etc.

I'm sure this season's queens will be fighting to get their catchphrase out their ('Purse First, etc)

And goddammit, the Lil Poundcake dolls sold out before I could get one !!!

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2018 12:59 AM

The Vixen looks busted - those party city wigs always seem to be revealing the back of his real hair. She's my vote for first off - unless extreme talent (she can do a back bend I see) keeps her in. In that case, then Aquariavis out of here (another busted look).

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2018 3:03 AM

Looking at the Wikipedia page for this season, it looks like we'll have our first RPDR queens from Indiana, Missouri and New Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2018 5:09 AM

Wrong link... meant to put the Wikipedia article there:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2018 5:19 AM

I guess it must be the social media effect/all of the seasoned queens who wanted to be on Drag Race already have. I am hoping to be wrong and some jewels will emerge.

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2018 5:43 AM

I just watched this hour-long video of Sasha Velour interviewing the new queens and not a single one of them excites me. However, the only two that actively grate are Vanessa Mateo and Hamasaki.

Kameron Michaels might have Sepulveda's face but I may have judged him prematurely at R18; he comes off as well-spoken, personable, and not at all self-absorbed. Plus he's a gaymer which only gets him bonus points in my eyes. I'd flaunt my body on Insta as well if I looked like that.

Dusty Ray Bottoms is another one who seems really well-balanced. He's also impossibly tall and I find very tall guys who are proud bottoms extremely hot.

My excitement for the new season went down markedly after watching that but it can't be any worse than the ongoing borefest that is AS3, can it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2018 3:24 PM

The fat one who injured his leg last year will win. The need a fat winner to round out their Politically Correct Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2018 1:38 AM

As is Eureka has a good chance of winning it. And honestly I wouldnt mind. Sha came accross as fun and adorable, even if somewhat hiper.

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2018 1:58 AM

Eureka came across as really self-aware in the interview at r32. In a good way, I mean. She knows exactly what bothered people about her attitude and is prepared to adjust it accordingly. I loved that but we'll see how she comes across in the actual show.

by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2018 2:15 AM

Miz Cracker writes articles of Slate. Of interest is her great exploration/take-down of Call Me By Your Name

[quote]To repeat, this is strange! Why has Call Me by Your Name attained such an iconic “gay” status when it is anything but? When its main characters seem almost aggressively isolated from gay culture or politics? When its precocious protagonist has to be reminded that it’s gauche to make fun of people who are openly gay? Here’s one theory: Perhaps we gay boys have fallen for this ungay romance because it’s so straight—and if we gays love anything, it’s chasing after straight guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2018 3:55 PM

I’m concerned this season will be dominated by “resting on looks” queens, both in and out of drag. Many of these guys are very attractive and in the past that meant lazy, from Pearl and Milk who are both milquetoast to Valentina who couldn’t even be bothered to memorize lyrics. I hope they actually screened for talent this time. If it turns into a pageant and awards another talentless Tyra, I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 37February 25, 2018 4:17 PM

r36 Wait, that horrible take in Slate that was denounced by all of gay Twitter was written by the Cracker bitch? Yeah, she was annoying in that interview but now she's dead to me. Horrid piece of "writing".

by Anonymousreply 38February 25, 2018 4:41 PM

I thought it was well-written and she made good points, but whatever floats your boat.

by Anonymousreply 39February 25, 2018 4:57 PM

She's the worst and I think less of Bob the Drag Queen - my favourite drag queen ever - for having mothered that.

Anyway, I can't wait for their introductions on the show itself as the snappy editing makes everything better. That unedited interview makes everyone come across as basic.

by Anonymousreply 40February 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Kalorie K is a cute Latin cub out of drags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2018 8:50 AM

I can't watch that special with Sasha Velour .................... she ain't happening, Rupaul. Just STOP

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2018 3:51 PM

I found Sasha bearable on her season, but good gods, R42, it really was painful. Almost as painful was the rabid desire of so many of the queens to be Miss Congeniality. Bitch, no one wants to watch 14 pagenty suck ups talking about "sisterhood".

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2018 4:00 PM

Yeah, I liked Sasha on her season but she comes across as stilted and inauthentic in those interviews with the queens. Like she's uncomfortable with herself and/or overthinking her choice of words.

Or perhaps the interviewing format just isn't her thing, which is fine. It must be hard for a drag queen to take a back seat and focus on other drag queens like that, especially if you're still the reigning queen.

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2018 4:09 PM

5 New York queens who know each other well in this cast. Is this going to be the third season in a row a New York queen will win? Odds say yes.

And I agree Sasha was a little stilted, but interviewing people isn't as easy as it looks, and it isn't like she has any experience doing so.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]I really don't think Kameron is attractive out of drag at all, he looks far too plastic and resembles Robert Sepúlveda Jr "shudder".

Ugh. No I can't unsee the Sepulveda thing.

by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2018 1:08 AM

I quit watchin it

too shrieky hyper loud

all seems pre scripted.

ru no fun no mo.

by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2018 1:43 AM

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2018 3:49 PM

I got so excited over the little preview during the most recent All Stars episode. One of them looks like a black Phi Phi out of drag. So, so cute.

I want it NOW!

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2018 10:03 PM

This is the best looking cast we’ve had, but a season full of Pearls and Milks might ruin it for me. This season might just be all about looks and about sucking up to the audience and that’s not what I want to see.

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2018 10:19 PM

If the “cute boys” factor affects the caliber of talent this season as it has in the past, I’m out. My only interest in this show is the talent and humor. I do not tune into Drag Race to watch Instagram whores come to life. One Valentina is enough and one Pearl is one too many for this show.

If, however, these guys are as good as less “hot” ones, then great. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 51March 9, 2018 11:34 PM

R51, I actually think Valentina is talented at least compared to Pearl/Milk/Fame.

by Anonymousreply 52March 9, 2018 11:37 PM

R52 Her smile is beeeeeyouuuuuteeful

by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2018 11:38 PM

Yeah, the show is slowly but surely morphing into something else. As most shows do over time, I suppose. But if the Instagram shit and the blind fear of those Reddit teens take over completely, I'm out as well.

by Anonymousreply 54March 9, 2018 11:39 PM

R52 I did say one Valentina is enough, not too many. One Pearl was one too many. I can’t believe how far he made it by being cute and dopey. Same with Tyra...he was cute and she was pretty...but all they ever did was smile and twirl around and say “Beyonce would never...!” How the hell did he win?

Choices!

by Anonymousreply 55March 9, 2018 11:43 PM

I didn’t see Tyra’s season but isn’t she at least a good dancer? Pearl couldn’t even dance. She would’ve lost to anyone else besides Trixie and Fame. The lip synchs w Fame would’ve been a double elimination any other season.

Unfortunately, the fun will be out once it becomes populated with women/trans that think everything is appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 56March 9, 2018 11:47 PM

R56 There was a dancing challenge and she just came out in a flowy dress and spun and twirled and everyone like like what the fuck. I mix up the episodes but she was always being a prima donna and saying things like “Beyonce would never do a vulgar dance!” And the others would say, “You are not Beyonce!!!!!” It was a terrible season.

by Anonymousreply 57March 9, 2018 11:53 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2018 12:07 AM

Let’s see but let’s appreciate what this show does. I love it for the characters and every season there is still some interesting ones. And in the end Pearl really extended herself and that’s why she stayed.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]There was a dancing challenge and she just came out in a flowy dress and spun and twirled and everyone like like what the fuck.

The rocker chick challenge, where Tyra was saved from the bottom 2 due to having immunity after winning the wedding dress challenge the week before.

Henry Rollins was not amused by that "performance".

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2018 12:59 AM

I love that Kumail Nanjiani will be a judge this season. And DL all-time fave Lens Dunham as well.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2018 1:02 AM

Is Bob the Drag Queen stealthily pulling a Bebe Zahara Benet, but with a new identity of Monet X Change? They sound EXACTLY alike.

Aquaria is running head-first into ego-crushing critiques from the judges and I cannot wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2018 9:45 PM

Nobody stands out to me yet. But we'll see...

by Anonymousreply 63March 17, 2018 8:33 PM

No one stands for me yet as well. But this is the first season where I've seen these previews and the lack of editing really makes them all come across as bland. I'm still counting down to the premiere!

r62 They were making fun of that at the most recent viewing party at Roscoe's. They (Trannika Rex and Trixie) said Mone X Change was as talented as Bob, only beautiful. Her drag is supposedly out of this world good, in their words. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 64March 17, 2018 9:20 PM

*stands out

by Anonymousreply 65March 17, 2018 11:23 PM

First 10 mins of the season premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2018 5:14 PM

I hear Aquaria will be the Laganja of the season.

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2018 5:25 PM

Aquaria had a cringely freak out on her instagram live when Shea called her character Aquaria in the princess challenge.

That tells you what you need to know about her. Also remember how young she is.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2018 5:47 PM

Why are they even bothering with this mess? The best queens were on Season 4 (Willam, Sharon Needles, Phi Phi O'Hara, Patrice Royale, Jiggly Caliente, Chad Michaels).

It's been downhill ever since.

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2018 5:57 PM

Forget Kameron's plastic ass, Dusty Ray Bottoms is such a cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2018 7:15 PM

Thanks for alerting us to the preview but not one of them stood out to me. And Dusty Ray is indeed the cutest thing ever. Aquaria is a non-starter as she's just too young to have enough range this show requires. Though I'm sure her Insta game is on point so she has that to look forward to after she's eliminated. The Mateo girl has the exact same trainwreck aura as her drag mother, it's both hilarious and adorable. Doubt she'll make it very far, though. Monét X Change looks and acts and talks so much like Bob it's approaching uncanny valley territory.

Is dental work suddenly covered by the production? I feel like everyone had blindingly white teeth, at least in the confessionals.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2018 8:33 PM

Damn, look at Eureka in the background of this photo. It just goes on and on and on... Really unfortunate angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Miss Cracker was the standout for me in the show opener clip. I like her drag and her personality.

I’m curious about Asia and Monet.

Will Blaire St Claire make it out alive?

by Anonymousreply 73March 20, 2018 1:34 PM

Also curious to see how the show treats Eureka. Is her return an advantage? A disadvantage? Will they want to get rid of her?

by Anonymousreply 74March 20, 2018 1:36 PM

[quote]Will Blaire St Claire make it out alive?

Ha! She totally looks like she knows already she's getting eaten alive, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 75March 20, 2018 1:36 PM

[quote]Really unfortunate angle.

I mean duh, Eureka is fat. Will she become the first fat queen to win? That is definitely what she is hoping to achieve by coming back.

by Anonymousreply 76March 20, 2018 2:56 PM

I instantly disliked Aquaria plus hearing what a diva she is in real life, I’m guessing she’ll get dragged to the end despite showing little talent besides looks. A combination of PhiPhi and Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 77March 20, 2018 4:04 PM

A new podcast with Katya, she talks about her meth relapse and how off the deep-end she went.

Still not convinced she is actually ready to return to the spotlight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 20, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote]A combination of PhiPhi and Pearl.

Both of whom made the top 3. Not sure how to feel of Aquaria doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 79March 20, 2018 4:51 PM

r78 Meth?! I thought it was just alcohol! Jesus Christ. I bet the orgies were nice, though; she got enough fucking to last her three lifetimes.

by Anonymousreply 80March 20, 2018 4:55 PM

She had always been open about being a meth addict r80

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 20, 2018 4:57 PM

I'm Katya's biggest fan but I made it 10 minutes before getting exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 82March 20, 2018 5:16 PM

[quote] I made it 10 minutes before getting exhausted.

You're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

by Anonymousreply 83March 20, 2018 6:13 PM

Interesting that Katya announced that her Kickstarter-funded show is delayed yet again

I have a hunch that the pressure of the show either caused her relapse or that the relapse was an excuse to scotch the show.

by Anonymousreply 84March 21, 2018 1:46 AM

r84 Been listening to that podcast posted upthread (haven't finished it yet) and it sure sounds like a bit of both. Which isn't that unusual as life is messy like that, and doubly so when drugs are involved. No one comes out a winner.

Though I had to laugh at him bitching about not being paid enough, while simultaneously burning cash by buying meth and speed and god knows what else. Honestly, it was like listening to another language to my euro ears; it's scary how proficient you've all become with the names of prescription drugs.

And he isn't sure he knows whom he's attracted to anymore? Was he trying to intimate that he's straight now? He might be clean but that mess needs some serious therapy work to be sorted out.

by Anonymousreply 85March 21, 2018 1:57 AM

Just before the hiatus, Katya/Brian posted a photo of him with a guy and described him as his husband.

True? Joke? Drugged out mania?

by Anonymousreply 86March 21, 2018 2:02 AM

r86 No, he's never been married. He's single now and there was a restraining order involved against him with one of his boyfriends pre-rehab. Messy, messy drama.

by Anonymousreply 87March 21, 2018 2:07 AM

I've had sufficient with this edging bullshit; just air the episode already!

So exciting to think we'll all be chewing up someone alive just a couple of hours from now.

by Anonymousreply 88March 22, 2018 8:21 PM

Is there a SJW drag queen this season?

by Anonymousreply 89March 22, 2018 8:33 PM

r89 One of them (Vixen?) said she was a 'political queen', which is a bit different from an SJW queen. Bob did political stunts all the time prior to appearing on the show, for example, and he didn't come across as SJW at all.

I want this episode inside my brain already!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 22, 2018 8:59 PM

Last year, the final two were the biggest SJWs (a pejorative that's getting quite tired, IMO, but I can't find a better fitting term at the moment) of the season. A sign of the times, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 91March 22, 2018 9:09 PM

Miz Cracker wrote the slate article on CMBYN being a paedophile'so wet dream. Don't know if that makes her a SJW, but it does make her a MESS.

by Anonymousreply 92March 22, 2018 9:38 PM

r92 Eurgh, thank you for reminding me about that. I had completely forgotten about it since it was mentioned in this very thread. She's dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 93March 22, 2018 9:58 PM

I wonder if RuPaul will ditch doing drag altogether in the near future. He used to appear regularly in drag (talk shows, award shows, etc) but now only does it for a portion of the Drag Race Show.

I’m sure that he’d love to ditch it forever.

by Anonymousreply 94March 22, 2018 10:16 PM

r94 he charges something like $75,000 for appearances in her drag ON TOP of her booking fee. I don't think many outlets are willing to pay for that.

by Anonymousreply 95March 22, 2018 11:31 PM

Ru has talked about over and over how he doesn't enjoy doing drag anymore. He does it for the show, that's pretty much it. You notice he will never be in drag for public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 96March 22, 2018 11:33 PM

Tyhe Kardashian trash/crash out first. R96 Totally agree, Ru will be out of Drag very soon, 3 years max

by Anonymousreply 97March 22, 2018 11:47 PM

Who is the most hated queen in all of dragdom?

by Anonymousreply 98March 22, 2018 11:51 PM

r98 hi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 22, 2018 11:55 PM

To whom are they trying to sell this awful John Cena movie?

by Anonymousreply 100March 23, 2018 12:37 AM

That muscle/tats person is the definition of Butterface

by Anonymousreply 101March 23, 2018 12:40 AM

This episode is already better than the whole of AS3 and S9, imo.

by Anonymousreply 102March 23, 2018 12:49 AM

R101 Kameron Michaels? He looks like Robert Supulveda Jr. GROSS!

by Anonymousreply 103March 23, 2018 12:52 AM

R103 That is a really awful thing to say. about anybody.

by Anonymousreply 104March 23, 2018 1:01 AM

Untucked is back??

by Anonymousreply 105March 23, 2018 1:08 AM

It's back, baby!! Thank God. I love classic, messy, sound effects for days, edited to hell Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 106March 23, 2018 1:10 AM

So far a lot of these “more attractive season” queens are a lot better than any of the cute guys on previous seasons.

I wonder what happened to make Jinkx gain so much weight. Hope she’s OK.

by Anonymousreply 107March 23, 2018 1:17 AM

Will untucked stay on TV or is it a YouTube thing? Loved when it was back to back

by Anonymousreply 108March 23, 2018 1:22 AM

r107 alcoholic and weed. the bitch just likes to eat.

by Anonymousreply 109March 23, 2018 1:22 AM

It's on TV, according to the VH1 schedule.

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2018 1:22 AM

I guess it's not the old UnTucked.

:(

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2018 1:31 AM

Deal looks well-fed in those movie commercials

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2018 1:32 AM

Dela not Deal

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]I wonder what happened to make Jinkx gain so much weight. Hope she’s OK.

Lol, wonder what happened? Gaining weight isn't hard to figure out, it is annoyingly easy. Enjoy food a little more freely, and you will look up in the mirror on day and realize you aren't as thing as you used to be.

by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2018 1:35 AM

R114 Just meant I hope she’s not depressed or anything. I’m projecting. My mother passed away in January and I’m eating like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2018 1:37 AM

The Vixen deserved to go home.

by Anonymousreply 116March 23, 2018 1:41 AM

I’ve seen enough of Dusty, I think.

Early favorites: Cracker, Monet, Mayhem

I like Aquaria, too

“Karbdashian” is a dumb name. Try-hard without the payoff.

by Anonymousreply 117March 23, 2018 1:43 AM

R101 is correct. Total butterface

by Anonymousreply 118March 23, 2018 1:50 AM

I’ve never not loved Christina

by Anonymousreply 119March 23, 2018 1:52 AM

Amen r119

by Anonymousreply 120March 23, 2018 1:53 AM

I had a feeling, after watching a few 'Meet the Queens' videos, that the bottom two in the first week would be Kalorie and Vanessa. One is just too amateur while the other is a mess with those fake-ghetto affectations. Vanessa was clearly NOT happy to sashay away, but Kalorie outperformed her fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 121March 23, 2018 2:04 AM

At least the Aja of Season 10 went home first

by Anonymousreply 122March 23, 2018 2:23 AM

r122 that's an insult to Aja

by Anonymousreply 123March 23, 2018 2:50 AM

Michelle attacking Dusty for his make-up was eye-roll inducing.

Ross said it all, if she does that every week you can say something, but for one episode he doesn't do normal "fishy" make-up and she loses her mind.

Vanessa had a lot of charisma. I'd be cool with the show pulling a Shangela and bringing her back for season 11. Kalorie deserved to win that lips synch, but sorry, girl is still filler.

This was a fun first ep. I think Monet is my early favorite.

by Anonymousreply 124March 23, 2018 3:03 AM

Questions for Americans on DL, What is the big deal about the name 'Cracker', I just don't get it, the Black Queens are freaking the fuck out. Yours faithfully, A DL from New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 125March 23, 2018 3:15 AM

Cracker is a slur for white people r125, so some of the more polite southern queens feel weird about saying it.

And it was actually one of the black queens, Monet, that called them out about that btw.

by Anonymousreply 126March 23, 2018 3:21 AM

r125 I'm not American but I found this explanation on Reddit the other day: it's generally used as a term for white people as white skin "cracks" as it ages. However, in the South, it's associated more with a "whip cracker" and... you know where [italic]that[/italic] comes from.

by Anonymousreply 127March 23, 2018 3:22 AM

Speaking of Miz Cracker, what she stopped short of saying was that it was RuPaul himself that made fun of her original drag name! I wonder if that laugh that Ru and Michelle shared was them remembering that.

Speaking of bad drag names, I find Kalorie Karbdashian is trying way too hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 23, 2018 3:23 AM

I take back everything I said before; this looks to be one of the strongest seasons ever. Loved watching Christina having fun. Did you notice Tyra sulking in the background? Eurgh.

I was crying for Matteo at the end. Her attitude lit up the room and she was actually witty, as opposed to her drag mother. Kameron has incredible cheeks and such a warm smile that makes him come across as a well-adjusted person. I regret calling him thirsty and a narcissist. Dusty is gorgeous and I will revolt if he ever sashays away. Monet is beyond talented but needs to keep her ego in check. Ms Cracker... who? I refuse to acknowledge her existence after that article. Looks like the cutest Jewish boy ever (just my type) out of drag but again, dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 129March 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Blair is intriguing, but probably too young to project a well-rounded drag persona.

by Anonymousreply 130March 23, 2018 3:35 AM

I loved it. Hopefully it won't be spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 131March 23, 2018 3:40 AM

Alexis Mateo was one of my favorites. It makes sense I'd like her daughter. Calorie did a nice job in the lip sync, but her actual niceness seemed like a put on to get screen time.

by Anonymousreply 132March 23, 2018 3:43 AM

R129 Cracker's article was well done. All gays don't think alike.

And the artist formerly known as Brianna's comedy on the runway was better than the meh CMBYN

by Anonymousreply 133March 23, 2018 4:00 AM

Mayhem didn't deserve the win. He got it for the tears/It's my time narrative. Cracker's look was better.

by Anonymousreply 134March 23, 2018 4:19 AM

I'm bummed about the departing queen. I loved her personality. But she was outperformed in the lipsync, though by a more basic queen, at least from this episode pre lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 135March 23, 2018 4:21 AM

I like that Blair was chanelling a sixties look but not in a cartoonish way. I'm sick of the Jayne Mansfield type looks, mermaid tail dresses etc.

by Anonymousreply 136March 23, 2018 4:23 AM

They're going heavy with V's disappointment. I wonder if she might get called back. Maybe someone will have to withdraw - maybe even Eureka again cause of her mother.

by Anonymousreply 137March 23, 2018 4:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 23, 2018 4:28 AM

I love hpw they're letting each other have it in Untucked, but in an up, not too dark way.

Monet's dress was very well finished but very unflattering to her figure. Aquiria's look did look a bit "I did this to avoid making a dress. I'm practically naked. Lol." It could have been executed better.

by Anonymousreply 139March 23, 2018 4:32 AM

Hoo-ah has to be trans. She knows who she is, though, so I doubt she'll be troublesome to the WoW brand.

by Anonymousreply 140March 23, 2018 4:34 AM

Matteo seemed shocked the entire show but she seems to be very sweet. Even if she tries to have a hard outer shell it doesn't work. I hope she comes back. She was a kind soul.

by Anonymousreply 141March 23, 2018 5:00 AM

Vanessa has too much personality to be the first to go. The queen that beat her in the lip sync challenge is so forgettable in every other way, but I'm glad Ru did base her judging off of the actual lip sync, which is fair even if disappointing this time.

by Anonymousreply 142March 23, 2018 5:02 AM

Vanessa is yet another queen who's a hot boy out of drags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 23, 2018 5:17 AM

Alexis Matteo is TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 144March 23, 2018 5:28 AM

I hope Miz Cracker wins just for writing the following about CMBYN - completely agree:

The straightness is everywhere in CMBYN once you clear the lust from your eyes. The book was penned by a straight author who says that he has never had a gay relationship in his life, and it tells the story of two apparently heteroflexible but largely hetero-leaning men who seem to experiment with same-sex sex only furtively in their lives. The film is even straighter. Its leading lovers are played by straight actors who have been winking and giggling on the press circuit about having to pretend to (sort of) fuck. Indeed, all “gay” sex takes place off screen—only boy-girl or boy-fruit sex happens within the frame. And the only openly gay characters—a pair of “boyfriend twin-ed” academics who visit Elio’s parents for dinner—are portrayed as ridiculous Tweedledum-and-Tweedledee types.

by Anonymousreply 145March 23, 2018 6:30 AM

I don't know how Kalorama can have such a fat ass and not know how to twerk. Her performance was good but that boots shaking was tacky and cringy.

by Anonymousreply 146March 23, 2018 7:11 AM

Miz Cracker wrote this: "if we gays love anything, it’s chasing after straight guys."

There is nothing in that statement that is incorrect. Just take a look around these parts.

by Anonymousreply 147March 23, 2018 7:16 AM

[quote]you aren't as thing as you used to be.

GURL, neither are YOU!

by Anonymousreply 148March 23, 2018 7:33 AM

Vanessa was sweet, lots of potential. I don't dare for Kalorie, a throwaway queen. Dont like the one trying to be Bianca.

by Anonymousreply 149March 23, 2018 8:28 AM

Exactly r147. I enjoyed reading Miz Cracker's article, but you of course the Chalamet fangurls don't think you are allowed to critique the movie in any way.

by Anonymousreply 150March 23, 2018 11:58 AM

Now I am wondering if Kameron is one of those people whose looks are their personality. Notice he barely talked in the episode and untucked.

by Anonymousreply 151March 23, 2018 12:05 PM

r145 Please take that garbage to the actual CMBYN threads, this thread is about Drag Race. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 152March 23, 2018 12:25 PM

I always found Alexis Mateo to be one of the dullest queens ever to be one the show, both in looks and personality. But I was very sad to see Vanessa go. She gave the best sound bites and was different from everyone else on the season. I hope she is brought back somehow.

The Vixen should have been in the bottom 2. Terrible look, terrible execution—and then trying to start drama in Untucked but lacking the wit to make it interesting.

Ms Cracker is my favorite so far. Great look, hilarious runway, unique.

by Anonymousreply 153March 23, 2018 12:52 PM

So much Alexis Mateo hate here, she was a strong queen.

by Anonymousreply 154March 23, 2018 12:55 PM

Vanessa’s blubbering and sobbing when she was told to sashay. I hope the rest of the queens have a better perspective on life’s ups and downs.

by Anonymousreply 155March 23, 2018 12:56 PM

No one wants to be the first eliminated r155. Her drag mom made top 3, she clearly came into this show expecting to be around for a while and now she feels she embarassed herself. It is real, and understandable, emotion.

by Anonymousreply 156March 23, 2018 12:58 PM

[quote] Speaking of Miz Cracker, what she stopped short of saying was that it was RuPaul himself that made fun of her original drag name! I wonder if that laugh that Ru and Michelle shared was them remembering that.

It's highly unlikely that RuPaul was manning the RPDR twitter account when that joke was made. More accurately: some intern at LOGO made fun of the name.

by Anonymousreply 157March 23, 2018 1:04 PM

Alexis was funny. Her whole take on Raja and the Heathers was so spot on. Considering that English isn't her first language, she was pretty brilliant. She was also helpful an congenial in a very real and natural way.

by Anonymousreply 158March 23, 2018 1:05 PM

Okay, I take back what I said about Alexis. It has been a very long time since I've seen her season, so maybe I'm misremembering.

Mea culpa!

by Anonymousreply 159March 23, 2018 1:08 PM

My conspiracy theory: Mayhem is here to avenge Raven. It's very well known in the west coast drag scene that her and Raven are sisters and serve up very similar (still different) aesthetics. I ADORE her and, I think it's too early to call out any front runners, but I really, really want to see her go far. She is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 160March 23, 2018 1:40 PM

Add me to the list of those who preferred Vanessa. Kalorie pulled the truck off though.

I think The Vixen should’ve been in the bottom over Dusty though. Her entrance AND runway looks were cheap as fuck. Don’t get why Visage was so upset w Dusty’s makeup. It’s not like this is week four and he’s still doing the same look.

by Anonymousreply 161March 23, 2018 1:56 PM

These queens are all so cute and so young. Having trouble differentiating who is who yet. Not many standouts ala a Sharon, Alaska, Ben, Chad yet. Kind of a wash of drag I've seen before.

by Anonymousreply 162March 23, 2018 2:01 PM

Loving Blair.

by Anonymousreply 163March 23, 2018 2:04 PM

The RPDR subreddit had been coming for Blair hard over the fact she got a DUI. Sure it isn't a good thing, but how many people have driven when they were at .08 or above. A lot of us could've gotten a DUI at some point in our lives. Seemed overly sanctimonious to me.

That said, I didn't think Blair should have bene in the top 3.

by Anonymousreply 164March 23, 2018 2:19 PM

The Drag Race subreddit.... sanctimonious?? Perish the thought!

Visage has pretty much fallen into self-parody territory at this point.

Vixen is probably going to last, at most, two or three more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 165March 23, 2018 2:26 PM

Vixen is a shit-stirrer, they'll keep her around.

by Anonymousreply 166March 23, 2018 2:45 PM

Add me to someone who really liked Alexis Mateo. Just the right amount of shade, delivered well. She had everyone's number but wasn't a total bitch about it. My dad called this "The raised middle finger in the velvet glove" when my mom employed it. Plus her delivery of "Come home, papi" was a classic.

by Anonymousreply 167March 23, 2018 2:51 PM

So that Untucked was CRAZY. And I was loving every second of it! This sure isn't the ninth season anymo... oh, wait, cancer talk. But those black queens sure are loud, aren't they? Dusty and Kameron didn't get a single word in; they're just waiting for the other bottoms to take each other out first. Kalorie the bitch was kept in because she causes drama, I'm sure. Vixen is the cutest thing out of drag but she's also the biggest shit-stirrer of them all, which is a total turnoff.

Christina looked like an old grandma backstage. She badly needed a corset and a better bra.

Handsome PAs are back!

by Anonymousreply 168March 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Love how they just cut off that one irrelevant queen on the left in this promo shot. Who the hell was that filler queen, anyway? I swear someone mentioned her name as part of her drag family. Peppermint is missing in the photo.

Derrick Barry had no idea what to do with himself during those montages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 23, 2018 3:09 PM

Straight A from the AV Club is a promising sign!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 23, 2018 3:13 PM

I thought Mimi ImFurst was among the most hated? His/her real first name is Braden, who besides some yuppy douche bags names their kid Braden?

by Anonymousreply 171March 23, 2018 3:19 PM

R169, that is Victoria "Porkchop" Parker. She's a total sweetheart. One of the kindest queens around.

by Anonymousreply 172March 23, 2018 4:40 PM

r172 I feel like you're messing with me for some reason. Why do I not remember her at all?!

Also, if that's Porkchop, where the hell is Mimi Imfurst then?

by Anonymousreply 173March 23, 2018 5:12 PM

Only a handful of queens were either invited back or decided to make the trip.

No Mimi, no Shannel, no Shangela, no Glasscock....

by Anonymousreply 174March 23, 2018 5:17 PM

Props to Christina for going along with the Farrah Moan joke. Not a lot of women would want to have their appearance compared to that of a man, no matter how fishy that man looks.

by Anonymousreply 175March 23, 2018 5:20 PM

[quote]I feel like you're messing with me for some reason. Why do I not remember her at all?!

Ru shouts her out every finale. "Hey, Porkchop!"

by Anonymousreply 176March 23, 2018 5:30 PM

r175 I feel like that was true in the first few seasons, but drag is so mainstream by now that you'd [italic]really[/italic] need to be anal to get offended by that.

by Anonymousreply 177March 23, 2018 5:32 PM

r173, I'm not. Porkchop was in the episode last night in the shiny dress.

by Anonymousreply 178March 23, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote]but drag is so mainstream by now

Ding. Ding.

While I was impressed by the judges who were good sports in the early seasons, at this point this show has become so damn mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 179March 23, 2018 5:37 PM

Eureka is no longer Eureka O'hara?

by Anonymousreply 180March 23, 2018 5:38 PM

Only one O'Hara allowed per season—PhiPhi's rules!

by Anonymousreply 181March 23, 2018 5:42 PM

I hope Kameron’s nudes leak soon

by Anonymousreply 182March 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Porkchop was the very first queen ever eliminated in season 1. She's such a great sport

by Anonymousreply 183March 23, 2018 6:19 PM

I'm the OP and predicted Vanessa would sashay .............. BUT that was based on the Meet The Queens videos.

Once I saw their workroom entrances, I changed my mind to The Vixen because I thought her look was baaaad (shads of Dash Exclamation Point) .................... having seen her actual runway look and her bitchiness on Untucked, I wish she'd been bottom two and gone home. I liked Vanessa's personality more, even though her drag wasn't great.

Kameron Michaels is exhibiting 'Miss Fame Personality Disorder' and I'm not expecting a lot right now.

Kalorie may not make it if she's bottom two again. Decent lip sync with a "Sasha's Roses" moment thrown in with the dollar bills.

I think Dusty and Blaire are both pretty cute boys.

Aquaria is full of herself ............... and thus far her 'safe' vs. Miz Cracker's top look equate to a lip sync where Miz Cracker takes Aquaria out of the race.

by Anonymousreply 184March 23, 2018 7:08 PM

So apparently Dusty Ray Bottoms has an amateur XXX tape where he's topping a pornstar. If someone can find that video and share with the class, please?

by Anonymousreply 185March 23, 2018 7:54 PM

[quote]So apparently Dusty Ray Bottoms has an amateur XXX tape where he's topping

What happened to truth in advertising?

by Anonymousreply 186March 23, 2018 7:56 PM

Monique Heart's eyes in response to the other queens' shade bites were everything. I just want her to say 'Feed me, Seymore!' one time.

Out of all the songs in Christina Aguilera's catalog, why did they choose that one? Even the Old Faithful stunts during the lip sync felt underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 187March 23, 2018 8:40 PM

There are so

by Anonymousreply 188March 24, 2018 12:32 AM

Christina looked pretty. I guess she filmed this before fucling up her face with injectables for that Whitney tribute.

by Anonymousreply 189March 24, 2018 12:35 AM

I had a really hard time telling the contestants apart. I actually thought there were many more than usual, but it may be because they just aren’t distinctive looking. Most of the ones I remember best have distinctive faces (Alaska, Detox, Chad, Bon, Bianca, Aja...I guess Ben is sort of an exception since he’s not too unusual looking). Most of these are just blandly conventional looking.

by Anonymousreply 190March 24, 2018 12:37 AM

I liked the Vixen's look. It was not a Shangela style constructed mess. Even the way she arranged the sponge circles and flowers that were around her clavicle showed some composition skill. Kalorie's look, not a trace of that.

by Anonymousreply 191March 24, 2018 12:40 AM

Here's Xtina's gay ex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 24, 2018 12:54 AM

And his bf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 24, 2018 12:55 AM

Together, either pre- or post-fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 24, 2018 1:05 AM

r185 Please don't let it be Billy Santoro and please let it be Griffin Barrows.

Also, I'd just need the name of that porn star and I'd post it here immediately. You can't do shit without a name.

by Anonymousreply 195March 24, 2018 1:08 AM

Xtina and Farrah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 24, 2018 1:14 AM

Blair doesn't seem to have a lot of personality - yet - but she knows how to beat a face. At this point, most of the queens are pretty skilled and they know the drill, so Michelle has to really reach to find something to clock them on.

by Anonymousreply 197March 24, 2018 1:17 AM

Where’s the Dusty Ray sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 198March 24, 2018 1:19 AM

I forgot how much I love Christina. She's real.

by Anonymousreply 199March 24, 2018 1:23 AM

The GoneWildRPDR subreddit posts nudes, but they don't have any yet for Dusty Ray. In the meantime, here's Aja's weenie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 24, 2018 1:25 AM

r200 Thanks. Big cock but damn does that combination with the long nails make me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 201March 24, 2018 1:29 AM

Did someone say elsewhere on here violet had posed for pron?

by Anonymousreply 202March 24, 2018 1:31 AM

India Ferrah (Season 3) and his bf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 24, 2018 1:32 AM

India (top right) and bf (lower left)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 24, 2018 1:33 AM

r204 Juiciest cock ever. That lucky bitch. Still don't recall her, though.

by Anonymousreply 205March 24, 2018 1:37 AM

Please don’t post the Jade Jolie porn pics. Urf.

by Anonymousreply 206March 24, 2018 1:44 AM

India was the queen from S3 who got picked up and slung around by Mimi Imfurst during their LSFYL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 24, 2018 1:44 AM

"GET HER OFFA ME!"

Agreed, R206. Also, please do not post Detox's porn pics either.

by Anonymousreply 208March 24, 2018 1:47 AM

India "I paid $500 for this breastplate and I'm gonna wear it" Ferrah

by Anonymousreply 209March 24, 2018 1:49 AM

r207 Thanks! She's drag royalty just because of that.

by Anonymousreply 210March 24, 2018 1:50 AM

It was $600, R209. SIX HUNDRED WHOLE DOLLARS for those boobs!

by Anonymousreply 211March 24, 2018 1:52 AM

What are all the bumps on Aja's dick @ r200?

by Anonymousreply 212March 24, 2018 1:54 AM

Farrah’s home decor in r203 is horrid. Marilyn Monroe “art”. How gauche.

by Anonymousreply 213March 24, 2018 2:00 AM

India looks hot. Don’t remember her being hot on her season.

by Anonymousreply 214March 24, 2018 2:00 AM

r212 Fordyce spots.

by Anonymousreply 215March 24, 2018 2:00 AM

Great first episode. Looks like the show is back to being great (so far), specially after the last few underwhelming seasons. I'm rooting for the Indiana twink and/or Miss Cracker (such quick wit, reminds me of Bianca's). Sad to see the latino one leave. She wasn't all that, but she was entertaining. Should have been Vixen, her outfit was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 216March 24, 2018 2:05 AM

India Farrah and her bf post pics like that online because they’re looking for thirds and group scenes, right?

by Anonymousreply 217March 24, 2018 2:12 AM

There are too many queens right now to distinguish one from the other.

Some of those boys are really cute.

by Anonymousreply 218March 24, 2018 2:58 AM

Miz Cracker is really fun. She's bitchy and subversive - Bob's daughter for sure. She and Asia are my early favorites. Smart of her to post these reviews after her season filmed but before it aired. All Stars gave her the excuse to subtly shade how the show and the queens manipulate the audience. I am still mad over what All Stars 3 did to the heart of Shangela, but Season 10 feels like a whole new game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 24, 2018 8:08 AM

Vanessa having to open the door herself while carrying her stuff was so gross to see. Unnecessarily humiliating. Where was the cute PA who had done this previously?

by Anonymousreply 220March 24, 2018 10:56 AM

Alexis Mateo was a highlight for me during her season. “I’m a fucking drag queen!”

by Anonymousreply 221March 24, 2018 1:52 PM

Alexis was a welcome relief from "Oh, I am so above all this," Raja, the ugly inside and out sow Delta Werk, and all the other heather BS

by Anonymousreply 222March 24, 2018 2:16 PM

It was disappointing that Manilla participated in that Heather horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 223March 24, 2018 2:54 PM

[quote]The moment that one friend you shared a secret with tells all your other friends about it (right in front of you)

God damn, that subreddit can be so witty sometimes. This effect looks exactly what it feels like when the shit hits the fan, bigly. And I still can't believe this 12-year-old has a DUI under her belt already. That's so hilarious to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 24, 2018 3:40 PM

LOL at Blair clutching the couch with both hands! She knows danger is a-coming!

by Anonymousreply 225March 24, 2018 3:41 PM

I can't help but a little weirded out when I see Blair and his boyfriend together. Just because Blair looks so damn young which makes it seem creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 24, 2018 3:43 PM

Gays, please stop sitting on Santa’s lap. And don’t have your pet sit on his lap, either.

by Anonymousreply 227March 24, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote]There are too many queens right now to distinguish one from the other.

Yeah, when I started familiarizing myself with this season's cast, I was having trouble with the three black queens who all have names starting with M. It doesn't help that two of them have very similar names (Monet and Monique). Hearing them speak is making it easier, since Monet sounds like Bob and Monique is SO LOUD.

Kameron and Dusty Ray also need to distinguish themselves from one another, although Dusty is far cuter as a boy.

Vixen stands out on her own by how busted she is.

by Anonymousreply 228March 24, 2018 3:51 PM

r226 It's like seeing a clip from Arrested Development where a totally innocent thing comes off as spine-tinglingly creepy, and everyone involved is completely clueless about it. And I can only buy Blair being his actual age when I see him as a lesbian. Otherwise, no. Just no.

Boyfriend looks Australian.

by Anonymousreply 229March 24, 2018 3:55 PM

Yeah Bob and Monet are undeniably similar. They look similar, sound similar, have similar personalities. Monet's drag is different though, Bob never would have gone for that sponge look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 24, 2018 3:58 PM

Monique is LOUDNESS personified.

Someone somewhere mentioned that Kameron doesn't have a personality but perhaps that just comes from the (American?) mentality that loudness equals personality? We'll see. Loved Tom of Tom&Lorenzo mentioning on their podcast that he had made the mistake of going to Kameron's Insta and said it was an absolute thirst trap.

by Anonymousreply 231March 24, 2018 4:01 PM

Girl, they are drag queens r231. You expect them to have a loud personality r231. A drag queen is supposed to be able to command attention in a crowded bar of drunk people.

I was shocked at how much of a wallflower Kameron was in this episode. Even when they tried to give him an opening in Untucked he had nothing to say. It was their first days there though, maybe he will loosen up.

by Anonymousreply 232March 24, 2018 4:04 PM

I don't think KimChi has a 'loud personality' and she seems to be doing just fine. In any case, I was talking about volume levels, not loudness of personality.

by Anonymousreply 233March 24, 2018 4:06 PM

R169 Who is the redhead directly beneath Chad Michaels? Jiggly has her hand on the shoulder? I recognize all the other queens but that one. HELP!

by Anonymousreply 234March 24, 2018 7:46 PM

Pandora Boxx from Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 235March 24, 2018 7:47 PM

That's Pandora? I don't recognize her.... wow!

by Anonymousreply 236March 24, 2018 8:00 PM

Pandora looks like she got in drag as part of a mini-challenge.

by Anonymousreply 237March 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Monet channels Sheryl Lee Ralph while in drag. Bob channels... someone named Bob.

by Anonymousreply 238March 24, 2018 8:07 PM

Pandora Boxx was the original internet fan favorite. So many people were internet-rioting when she was eliminated. She had a big fall from grace though, now no one really cares about her.

by Anonymousreply 239March 24, 2018 8:16 PM

I love how Rupaul says Yuhua's name.

by Anonymousreply 240March 24, 2018 8:20 PM

Pandora still gets to tour with the big ones, though. I guess she's still cool with TPTB.

by Anonymousreply 241March 24, 2018 8:23 PM

The way Ru say "dollars" in a pseudo British accent... is that a takeoff of a specific person or character?

by Anonymousreply 242March 24, 2018 8:25 PM

I wonder if Kimchi is still a virgin? Or if her mom knows about her drag persona?

by Anonymousreply 243March 24, 2018 8:25 PM

I know that some of you like Bob but I think that Monet is way more talented and likable.

I also like how Trixie refers to Monet as “Pretty Bob.”

by Anonymousreply 244March 24, 2018 10:58 PM

I like what I see of Monet, but I'll need to see more before I think she is more talented than Bob.

As Thorgy would say, Season 8 was the Bob show, none of the rest of them could compare when it came to comedy/acting.

by Anonymousreply 245March 24, 2018 11:14 PM

Yeah, we're going to need to see the "talent" challenges, in particular the Snatch Game, to see if Monet can live up to how Bob did in S8. Ironically, given what we saw with the sponge dress, I see Monet having the same struggles Bob did two years ago, in that she may not be able to deliver glamour as well.

Re: Kim Chi. She's a makeup artist first, and not so much a live performer. You don't need to be loud to do makeup and execute looks, but it does help if you want to command a room in a public space.

[quote]Or if her mom knows about her drag persona?

IMO that cost her from being a serious consideration for the crown. Ru won't give it to someone who is in the drag closet with their own mother.

by Anonymousreply 246March 25, 2018 12:08 AM

Oh, forgot to add one more thing about Monet - because she reminds everyone of Bob, I'd be very surprised if she won. As would they have two winners who look, act and talk so much alike within three years? Could easily see her being a runner-up, though.

by Anonymousreply 247March 25, 2018 12:14 AM

Asia is far more attractive and interesting than Monet and Bob was a dog. They threw out any notion that you had to know how to do makeup or wigs or drag on the runway the season that Bob won. Yes, I know he's elevated "his drag" since winning. In other words he has a full time makeup artist, wigmaker and a stylist. Bob is not a drag queen then or now. Like his nemesis Thorgy and not a few others he is a frustrated theater kid who used drag to get the attention his talent alone wouldn't earn. Bob and Bianca have nothing in common to me. Bianca is a legit comedienne and beautiful designer who always did great polished drag. Bob has much more in common with Thorgy, Mimi Imfurst and Trixie. If that homely Tracey dude could succeed as a folk/country artist with his bitter gay boy personality he'd never paint his face again. His stepfather called him Trixie. Alert Adler and Horney and Jung. Trixie's drag is elevated now too, but it's still a desperate juvenile performance. He actually thinks he won something. Watch out for a future breakdown from Uncle Fester Martell.

The reason some people don't like Shangela is just her plain naked ambition and slightly robotic style of being multi-talented. She's a real actor and actress and dancer and performer. He doesn't need drag to complete his personality but she works hard to be the best and likes the applause.

They have some real Drag Queens this season with a variety of aesthetics and talents. Some great constructs and some promising personalities. RuPaul is a piece of shit though. The contestants are going to make this season work.

by Anonymousreply 248March 25, 2018 1:40 AM

I miss Luke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 25, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote]They threw out any notion that you had to know how to do makeup or wigs or drag on the runway the season that Bob won.

I guess you missed Season 5.

by Anonymousreply 250March 25, 2018 11:31 PM

Ugh, those tats on some of the girls are horribly low-class and trashy.

by Anonymousreply 251March 26, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote]Eureka is no longer Eureka O'hara?

I assume it is just Eureka because Asia O'Hara is there, and Eureka is not part of that drag family. They don't want to confuse people.

by Anonymousreply 252March 26, 2018 4:47 PM

I also thought it was funny given how many references to drag families there was in the pilot, Asia didn't want to mention that Phi Phi was her drag daughter. I guess she might not be so proud of that given Phi Phi's behavior on the show.

by Anonymousreply 253March 26, 2018 4:49 PM

I didn't see the season(s) Phi Phi was on, why is she so universally hated?

by Anonymousreply 254March 26, 2018 5:02 PM

[quote]I didn't see the season(s) Phi Phi was on

You should fix that. Season 4 and All Stars 2 are iconic seasons.

by Anonymousreply 255March 26, 2018 5:05 PM

Phi Phi is one the all-time great Reality TV villains.

by Anonymousreply 256March 26, 2018 6:38 PM

She really is. And one of all-time hottest guys out of drag as well, in my eyes. One of those lucky bitches who just radiate sex appeal, regardless of their personality.

by Anonymousreply 257March 26, 2018 6:47 PM

R257 is Phi Phi

by Anonymousreply 258March 26, 2018 6:57 PM

Can confirm; am Phi Phi.

AMA!

by Anonymousreply 259March 26, 2018 6:58 PM

r242 that is an 80s uptown ball emcee accent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 26, 2018 7:37 PM

Looking at Asia's IG feed, I have a feeling she'll be snatching the crown. She pulls off concepts that Ru loves and seems to have the "camera ready" personality down. We'll see how boring she actually is, though.

by Anonymousreply 261March 26, 2018 8:38 PM

R260 Ru kinda steals everything

by Anonymousreply 262March 26, 2018 8:39 PM

Preview of next ep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 27, 2018 6:42 PM

What is with the affinity for these country western settings? A minor competition variable I've always noticed.

by Anonymousreply 264March 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Loving these previews. Kalorie and Vixen are such shit stirrers, dear god. Andy Cohen nearly ruined another episode of TV for me in two weeks.

Eureka should have won that mini challenge; she looked like the very essence of redneck Americana.

by Anonymousreply 265March 27, 2018 7:34 PM

Yeah Vixen is going out of the way to be a proud shit-stirrer. It was amusing he shaded season 9 queens in the first episode for being too nice.l

by Anonymousreply 266March 28, 2018 3:16 AM

The Vixen should try harder at drag instead of fake reality TV drama

by Anonymousreply 267March 28, 2018 3:28 AM

Vixen has a great face shape for drag and according to the RuPaul she can dance, but that's about it. Eureka deserved to win that mini challenge, not to be picked last. Still picking Asia and Miz Cracker as top 3 contenders. Malaria and her neck tutting is already old. Other than Kalorie and the muscle boy they all make a good impression so far. The one who reminds of Bob has charm and charisma to burn, but alas he reminds everyone too much of the far less charming BOB.

Season Ten is a winner baby. You can feel it. They need it too. RuPaul is busy collecting awards and acting very out of character. Bitch never could take a bit of criticism. Funny, that lead in where he makes fun of last weeks eliminated contestant. Vangie. "I didn't catch her name." Ru doesn't give a fuck about any of them and Michelle is there to keep the empire running and get to know and befriend the girls. Shy and spiritual Ru is dining out with all the worst people these days and claiming to be punk rock in interviews. How OLD and establishment does that make him sound? Ru makes Tyra Banks seem sincere.

by Anonymousreply 268March 28, 2018 4:27 AM

[quote]It was amusing he shaded season 9 queens in the first episode for being too nice.

Ya Vixen is a mess but I'm glad that she saw S9 for what it was and is determined to not see S10 go down the same path, because N-O-N-E of us want that. DL fave Bob said it best at last year's Queens of Comedy show: "They're always fucking apologizing for something. 'Sorry I called you fat. Sorry I called you old. Sorry I sent you home.' This is the sorriest group of bitches I've ever seen in my life!"

Andy Cohen.... great. And another DL icon, Nico Tortellini, is going to be a guest judge at some point this season too.

by Anonymousreply 269March 28, 2018 4:33 AM

I don't know why but it shocked me to learn that Ru had never seen "Angels in America" until the opening night of the current revival.

by Anonymousreply 270March 28, 2018 4:35 AM

I thought Ru looked like he was crying when Vangie went home. Was it laughter?

by Anonymousreply 271March 28, 2018 4:40 AM

To be clear, Ru asking Michelle about Vanjie's name was obviously a joke because Vanjie said it three times as she was leaving. So that's not an indication of how much she cares about the queens. It was laughter, r271.

And Vanjie making a meme-able quote for the ages out of her own name in her final seconds on the show... that shit takes an enterprising and legendary queen to make happen, you have to admit. She better be a lock for All Stars 4, coming this May.

by Anonymousreply 272March 28, 2018 8:35 AM

Legendary??? Legs and Dairy!

by Anonymousreply 273March 28, 2018 10:12 AM

[quote] She better be a lock for All Stars 4, coming this May.

All stars? No, she should be brought back for a normal season so she is given a chance to prove herself. Is the word all stars becoming completely meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 274March 28, 2018 11:25 AM

I loved the mess that is Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 275March 28, 2018 11:46 AM

R264 Well Ru Paul lives on a Ranch with his husband. He clearly has a cowboy fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 276March 28, 2018 12:00 PM

r274 I was joking. She's a lovable mess but she's not for Drag Race. And that's perfectly fine; doesn't mean she's bad at drag.

by Anonymousreply 277March 28, 2018 12:54 PM

I'd love to see Miss Vanjie come back next season a la Shangela. I'm sure they can pull the box out of Logo's storage closet.

by Anonymousreply 278March 28, 2018 1:08 PM

I agree, Miss Vanjie was a bit rough around the edges but she had tons of charisma. I'd like to see her given another chance.

by Anonymousreply 279March 28, 2018 1:20 PM

Why does anyone have to be voted off at all? Tens across the board! Crowns for all the queens!

by Anonymousreply 280March 28, 2018 1:26 PM

Pardon my ignorance but who is the queen shown in the still for OP's video link?

by Anonymousreply 281March 28, 2018 1:29 PM

r281 I believe that's Kalorie.

by Anonymousreply 282March 28, 2018 1:40 PM

[quote]I'm sure they can pull the box out of Logo's storage closet.

I'm equally sure there are many, many boxes in Logo's storage closet.

by Anonymousreply 283March 28, 2018 1:58 PM

TY....

by Anonymousreply 284March 28, 2018 1:59 PM

Looking forward to Alyssa Edwards as the choreographer.

Todrick just released some new music. Maybe he’s too big for Drwg Race.

by Anonymousreply 285March 29, 2018 1:47 AM

R242, Ru is referencing Joan Collins from Dynasty - her character was always in the casinos of Monte Carlo and would say dollars alot, pronounced in the British accent, for large sums of money. .

by Anonymousreply 286March 29, 2018 4:25 AM

This show is like crack for me and I'm anxiously counting down the hours right now. I finally understand why people get addicted to reality TV; my brain has been rewired to crave drama on a weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 287March 29, 2018 8:06 PM

Vanjie needs another shot next season. If Cucu got one, then Vanjie defo deserves one. I kinda liked her Puertorican loudness and Rosie Perez-like accent. Definitely very different than soft spoken Alexis Mateo.

by Anonymousreply 288March 29, 2018 8:14 PM

Soft spoken Alexis Matteo? What?

by Anonymousreply 289March 29, 2018 9:13 PM

Why the sudden love and affection for booger filler queens like Vanjie and Aja? This didn’t happen during the early seasons. No one cried when Jade Jolie and Leila McQueen were told to sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 290March 29, 2018 10:29 PM

Miss Vanjie had the best confessional soundbites and the most iconic exit from the runway of all-time. R290, sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 291March 29, 2018 10:31 PM

r290 I don't see what the two have to do with each other. I can't stand the sight of Aja but thought Vanjie was a decent drag queen and amiable as a person, with some nice confessional soundbites like r291 said.

by Anonymousreply 292March 29, 2018 10:35 PM

I've said it before but I'll never understand the Aja hate so many of you have.

[quote]If Cucu got one

Ugh, don't remind me. Cucu being brought back for another season was so incredibly pointless.

by Anonymousreply 293March 29, 2018 10:46 PM

I will add one more thing. You know Ru and Michelle assumed Vanjie was going to send Kalorie home, that is what they wanted to happen.

Vanjies lipsync was not good. That is on her.

by Anonymousreply 294March 29, 2018 10:52 PM

Sob sisters. Aja was busted but she proved herself to be better than mediocre on All Stars 3. Was she an All Star? Hell no. Vangie deserves to be brought back the way that little silicone bubble one was brought back. Natasha Lyonne? Perhaps Vangie didn't deserve to be eliminated first. They can bring her back and eliminate her third. This is not anyone to get all jacked up on. They look at the footage and decide on the fly. That's why Trixie came back to fail again and then for her All Stars 3 FIXED win. Even when they brought back the reasonably successful Kenya Michaels and that Heather tranny, they both were eliminated the same episode they returned.

When Alyssa and Tatianna were revived in All Stars 2 they BOTH should have stayed until the end, but that's why the next challenge winners, Alaska and Detox, voted them off the island ASAP.

They know who is going to win the season now long before the viewers do. No need to send people home twice. It's a bit cruel. Shangela has failed 3 times even though the whole fucking world saw her WIN.

by Anonymousreply 295March 29, 2018 10:54 PM

Fucking ANDY COHEN??’

You’re dead to me, Ru.

by Anonymousreply 296March 30, 2018 12:07 AM

Didn't Mayhem win the first challenge? Why is she next to last to be picked for the teams?

by Anonymousreply 297March 30, 2018 12:13 AM

Andy looks like a midget and he can’t dance.

by Anonymousreply 298March 30, 2018 12:29 AM

Kalorie is a very sexy young man

by Anonymousreply 299March 30, 2018 12:33 AM

[quote]Fucking ANDY COHEN??

They lunch together at the Chateau Marmont!

by Anonymousreply 300March 30, 2018 12:49 AM

Hopefully this is the last year of "musicals". This is running FAR TOO LONG! And it really is not funny.

by Anonymousreply 301March 30, 2018 12:57 AM

Shangela lost of her own accord. She saved Trixie and then all the other queens rejected her

by Anonymousreply 302March 30, 2018 12:59 AM

Padma is a fantastic judge. You can tell that she's a fan of the show—which we know cause she comments on various queens' Instagram posts.

by Anonymousreply 303March 30, 2018 1:20 AM

OMG COURTNEY LOVE

by Anonymousreply 304March 30, 2018 1:31 AM

More hollerin and wig snatching, less tears and sobbing

by Anonymousreply 305March 30, 2018 1:46 AM

I didn't get her name. What was it?

Vangie, Miss Vaanngie, Miss VAAAngie, MISS VAAAANGIE!

You better stop.

by Anonymousreply 306March 30, 2018 3:19 AM

Kameron who has been so forgettable came alive in that challenge. He probably should have won.

Having a best drag runway for episode 2 is a bad call, you can tell most queens played it safe and saved their best shit for later.

It was nice to see Alyssa, bringing alums back to coach is something the show should do.

by Anonymousreply 307March 30, 2018 3:59 AM

apparently the actual theme was SIGNATURE DRAG. lord knows why Ru was told to say Best

by Anonymousreply 308March 30, 2018 4:42 AM

Eureka is such a fucking whiner.

by Anonymousreply 309March 30, 2018 5:00 AM

Eureka is DEEP in Mimi Imfurst territory after tonight's episode...

by Anonymousreply 310March 30, 2018 5:05 AM

On tonight's Untucked, when Kalorie broke down while filming her exit from the studio, the producer who helped her pull herself together is none other than the adorable Rizzo, a.k.a. Miss Glittafa Dayze, Trinity's partner from last season's makeover challenge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 30, 2018 5:22 AM

R311 - I hope Winter Green makes an appearance!

by Anonymousreply 312March 30, 2018 8:58 AM

So far Im putting Cracker and the LA queen (Mayhem?) as top 3 material. Not sure about the last one I would put here.

by Anonymousreply 313March 30, 2018 10:02 AM

I Love Alyssa Edwards. That's an All Star Drag Queen. He's so homely and dumb - she's so gorgeous and funny.

by Anonymousreply 314March 30, 2018 10:07 AM

Alyssa Edwards is an excellent teacher. Lady Gaga was another one in the show who was an excellent teacher also. If they werent famous they would make great teachers.

by Anonymousreply 315March 30, 2018 10:27 AM

The Vixen is a bitch, but I'm kinda of in awe of her refusal to allow this season to become the boring lovefest of the past few ones. Respect to that.

by Anonymousreply 316March 30, 2018 10:35 AM

Who is the hottest out of drag this season?

by Anonymousreply 317March 30, 2018 10:47 AM

The show is so self referential at this point, it's almost as if Drag Race is it's own little TV universe.

by Anonymousreply 318March 30, 2018 1:51 PM

Easily Dusty Ray r317, he is so damn cute.

[quote]The show is so self referential at this point, it's almost as if Drag Race is it's own little TV universe.

We are on the 13th season of this show now, they might as well lean in their own history.

by Anonymousreply 319March 30, 2018 2:41 PM

The queens LIE. Don't try to tell Calorie she's a star now. Filler queens are filler queens. She'll be sitting at Dragcon without a line of fans and most likely won't be on the tour long (if at all).

She was crushed and had a right to be. This is not going to propel her to any greater level, unless she goes for it and makes her move to a bigger city. Otherwise, she'll be the biggest thing in New Mexico and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 320March 30, 2018 3:05 PM

She is definitely no drag race superstar, but just getting on this show is a huge deal for these drag queens. Elevates your brand to a much higher level.

So yeah, out of her depth and it was her time, but she is no longer anonymous queen in bar X.

by Anonymousreply 321March 30, 2018 3:11 PM

Agree with r307. Kameron was a revelation for me this episode. He's a great dancer and did you see how quickly he switched from being a wallflower to his character while they were practising with Alyssa? It took him a second to possess his character completely. That's pretty impressive. A narcissist or not, he's a pro performer for sure. Plus, he knows he's quiet which shows some self-awareness and that's always promising (ahem, PhiPhi).

r311 Dreamy Rizzo didn't help her with shit. He just told her where to stand until the cameras started rolling. Honestly, that breakdown was uncomfortable to watch for me; this is Drag Race, not In Treatment.

by Anonymousreply 322March 30, 2018 3:14 PM

Ru is posting lots of Vanjie, Vanjie, Vanjie me-mes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 30, 2018 4:09 PM

Yeah, Ru was obviously quite taken with Vanjie. It is a done deal now she will be brought back for next season.

Also, Ru really seems taken with Aquaria which caught me off guard. You don't often hear Ru going on about how he finds a queen very exciting.

by Anonymousreply 324March 30, 2018 4:23 PM

I agree that the response to Miss Vanjie from the fans *and* from Ru pretty much guarantees she will be offered a Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 325March 30, 2018 4:29 PM

I hope that Aquaria doesn’t get an unfair edit like Courtney Act.

by Anonymousreply 326March 30, 2018 5:07 PM

Miss Vanjie's accent is hilarious. Almost Rosie Perez-esque.

by Anonymousreply 327March 30, 2018 6:17 PM

Am I the only one hearing a bit of Rosie O'Donnell in there as well? She's so cartoonish I do hope they bring her back next season.

by Anonymousreply 328March 30, 2018 6:26 PM

Was Blair St. Clair born male? Out of drag, she looks like a little soft butch lesbian girl or an FTM.

by Anonymousreply 329March 30, 2018 6:27 PM

Still early ............. before episode five, Ru can pick up the phone and say 'How soon can you get here, Vanjie.... Vanjie ...............Vaaaaaaangie ??'

by Anonymousreply 330March 30, 2018 6:37 PM

R330: It might be that Ru didn't hop on the Vanjie-wagon until the episode had already aired and she saw the fan response—in which case that wouldn't be possible, as they filmed months and months ago.

Anyway, I'm tired of the schtick of returning queens in the middle of a season. Just send her an invite to S11.

by Anonymousreply 331March 30, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote]Anyway, I'm tired of the schtick of returning queens in the middle of a season.

Bringing queens back after they miss a couple episodes has always been a pointless. They always go home again soon after returning.

I mean when Morgan was brought back after missing every challenge in AS3, it's like girl please, you aren't going to win now.

by Anonymousreply 332March 30, 2018 6:45 PM

[quote]I mean when Morgan was brought back after missing every challenge in AS3, it's like girl please, you aren't going to win now.

To be fair, Morgan seemed well-aware of that fact. It was Ben's fault for choosing her.

by Anonymousreply 333March 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Elimination needs to be final if it is to have any real weight and fairness to it. Bring her back next season.

by Anonymousreply 334March 30, 2018 6:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Vanjie gets voted Miss Congeniality this year. She's THAT popular right now on social media. And to do that in just one episode is the making of a great queen. She may not be there yet, but she'll get there with some time and polish. Defo bring her next year. Of the first eliminated queens, only Shangela and Vanjie oozed such charisma. Vanjie almost reminds one of the Paris is Burning queens, very rought around the edges but with tons of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 335March 30, 2018 6:58 PM

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if Vanjie gets voted Miss Congeniality this year. She's THAT popular right now on social media.

The key is right now. Give it time, the internet moves on.

Anyway, I'd put money that Miz Cracker has Miss C locked up. She has all the makings of an internet fan favorite.

by Anonymousreply 336March 30, 2018 7:11 PM

[quote]Anyway, I'd put money that Miz Cracker has Miss C locked up. She has all the makings of an internet fan favorite.

She would have to miss out on making Top 3 for that to happen. I think she will make Top 3.

by Anonymousreply 337March 30, 2018 7:13 PM

That ratings for Season 10 have been disappointing. Hopefully that will cause VH1 to think milking the franchise so much that there are seasons back to back isn't the best idea.

by Anonymousreply 338March 30, 2018 11:45 PM

Jesus, is Eureka a disappointment. Only two episodes in and it's clear she's no winner.

And that runway look was awful. Really Eureka, that's all you got bitch? First a chicken outfit and then that? I 'm pissed that Eureka is taking the place of some more deserving queen, I mean if you hurt yourself doing a challenge and have to be removed TOUGH SHIT fat ass! Why should you get to come back? It's just thinning the herd of the weaker heifers!

And Kalorie Karbdashian has to be the worst drag name ever - fuck New Mexico's drag scene. That state doesn't deserve a gay community much less a drag scene if Kalorie is one of the top queens in the state. THAT'S JUST SAD!

by Anonymousreply 339March 31, 2018 12:04 AM

Vanjie will be long forgotten by the tween fanbase in a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 340March 31, 2018 12:16 AM

Yeah there was a very short-lived outcry over Jaymes Mansfield's elimination last year and #justiceforjaymes didn't exactly take off like #justicefortrixie did two years before. Jaymes did not return for S10 nor will she ever be an All-Star.

by Anonymousreply 341March 31, 2018 12:21 AM

Yeah, but did Ru tweet about James Mansfield over and over? 8 tweets and retweets about Vanjie in a row.

by Anonymousreply 342March 31, 2018 12:28 AM

We'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 343March 31, 2018 12:29 AM

Miss Vanjie has taken off in a way Jaymes never came close to approaching. Not to mention that Jaymes didn't give us an iconic meme.

by Anonymousreply 344March 31, 2018 12:29 AM

RuPaul tweeted, "At lunch with friends, funny how quickly the conversation turns to Miss Vanjie."

She's coming back for another season—trust and believe.

by Anonymousreply 345March 31, 2018 12:31 AM

God, I hope not. There was nothing about Vanjie's drag that was interesting, plus she never shut up.

by Anonymousreply 346March 31, 2018 1:22 AM

Every group needs a motormouth; it is known.

I never understood the queens' complaints about Eureka talking all the time until I saw last night's episode. She just would not shut up and let the leader of the group do her work. It was painful to watch and I can't imagine how much more irritating this has to be in person.

by Anonymousreply 347March 31, 2018 1:32 AM

Eureka had problems shutting up in Season 9, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348March 31, 2018 1:35 AM

Vanjie is/was a very common name in the Navajo tranny community. I lived in NM and hung out with many at "The Cruise" off central in Albuquerque.

by Anonymousreply 349March 31, 2018 2:54 AM

Well, I know what queen SHOULD be on Season 11:

MEATBALL!

Just saying her name makes me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350March 31, 2018 3:13 AM

I know it's real emotions and I can empathize with the eliminated queens, but man Kalorie's elimination was really hard to watch, almost cringe-worthy. He's a real damaged individual (not of his own fault, but because people in general are cruel and assholes). I was a hard watch :(

by Anonymousreply 351March 31, 2018 3:45 AM

R348 That clip made me pee a little.

HOLY SHIT the SEASON 4 FINALE (I've been re-watching past seasons) IS LEGENDARY!!!! When Jiggly and Chad Michaels tell Phi Phi how they feel watching the season air, and then WILLAM goes into his EPIC monologue ending with coining the word "Rupaulogize" is riveting - that first live finale is still hard to beat. The entire audience is against Phi Phi and it's both delicious and cringe inducing at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 352March 31, 2018 4:45 AM

I'm loving this season so far. I can't stand Eureka though why is she still on?

by Anonymousreply 353March 31, 2018 4:53 AM

I'm liking Miz Cracker more than Aquaria. I love that Vixen called her out when she tried to play the "somebody mentioned that Cracker's make-up looked like mine" no bitch YOU SAID IT not somebody. Then Aquaria ran off with Vixen yelling after her "why you runnin' away?"

I hope Cracker goes farther than Aquaria, that would wipe that condescension outta her mouth!

by Anonymousreply 354March 31, 2018 5:26 AM

I'm in love with the Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 355March 31, 2018 5:38 AM

I can see Miz Cracker sending Aquaria home at some point, probably late in the season. Neither are leaving anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 356March 31, 2018 5:46 AM

Thank fucking God I haven't seen any spoilers. I'm loving this season if if I don't know anyone's names yet

by Anonymousreply 357March 31, 2018 6:43 PM

r357 I'm sure someone will post them in this thread shortly and then a second poster will have a full-blown freakout over me politely asking to please keep the spoilers in the spoiler thread. Happens every single season, without fail. Ruined Ben's exit for me way in advance and sucked all the fun and drama out of that moment. I guess unmoderated anonymous boards always carry that danger of getting blindsided with a spoiler, especially as the spoiler tag isn't an option.

But yes, I'm also loving this season and don't understand why it's getting low ratings. Do people find the concept stale, are the judges bad, or what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 358March 31, 2018 8:43 PM

[quote]I'm also loving this season and don't understand why it's getting low ratings.

AS3 was such a bore and a disappointment that it doesn't surprise me that some viewers may have temporarily abandoned ship.

However, I do think the number of people watching is underreported based on the ratings—seeing as it's become such a huge thing to watch in gay bars. They get packed to the gills.

by Anonymousreply 359March 31, 2018 9:32 PM

Blair is so adorable with that one pair of shoes she's got. She also doesn't have a bad bone in her body, does she? Honestly, I enjoy people like her far more than shit stirrers who just exhaust me at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 1, 2018 2:19 PM

Blair is a cute queen but she was the weakest performance in the winning team, I don't think she has the chops.

by Anonymousreply 361April 1, 2018 2:27 PM

r361, Yes for a Broadway queen, she can't dance at all? WTF? She looked like she was going with Broken Doll Realness.

by Anonymousreply 362April 1, 2018 4:13 PM

She’s a “Broadway Queen” because she knows all the words on the Wicked cast recording.

by Anonymousreply 363April 1, 2018 4:20 PM

Just started this season. The First Episode challenge of the Ball Runway was really entertaining! Lots of talented girls.

by Anonymousreply 364April 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Miss Vanjie is HUGE on social media. It's basically guaranteed she returns next season.

by Anonymousreply 365April 1, 2018 7:24 PM

Miz Cracker has a hot li'l body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 1, 2018 7:28 PM

Kameron admits that she was nervous and quiet, which is why she has been getting no airtime on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 1, 2018 7:45 PM

I found the interview that came from

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 1, 2018 7:47 PM

About the ratings: The highest rated episode of Drag Race ever was 895K which was during All Stars 3. The first episode of season 10 got 785K but last week's episode dropped down to 581K. I actually the think the switch to 90 minute episodes has played a role in the decreased ratings, also I personally think the show should have stayed on Logo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 1, 2018 9:11 PM

All Stars definitely needs a year off before coming back. And the regular one needs new elements to freshen things up, and by that I don't mean more twists. Perhaps they need to hop on the Roseanne bandwagon? But how would that work? Cast Trump-supporting queens? Would you watch that? Or should this oasis remain an oasis, despite the falling ratings?

by Anonymousreply 370April 1, 2018 9:25 PM

One year? I think there should be a similar hiatus between AS1 and AS2 (i.e. four years). That way you won't have a bunch of middle-of-the-road queens competing.

Unfortunately, the new elements being discussed are going in the compleTely opposiTe direcTion of having Trump-supporting queens.

by Anonymousreply 371April 1, 2018 9:33 PM

The ratings situation isn't complicated. All Stars 2 was the best ever ratings, then season 9 was the best ever ratings, then AS3 was the best ever ratings.

However towards the end of AS3 ratings started to fall, not surprising, the latter of half AS3 was considered pretty weak.

Now for the first time we head directly into a new season with zero hiatus to build up hype again and give people a break between drag race, and the ratings are in the same place they were at the end of AS3.

by Anonymousreply 372April 1, 2018 9:38 PM

The falling ratings are because of how the show forced Sasha Velour down our throats in Season 9, robbing Trinity or Sasha of their win (they were afraid to eliminate Peppermint in the normal way) and then tore the crown away from Shangela in the shitshow that was All Stars 3. That's the truth. Many of the most watched reviewers have said that the show is now completely in the hands of the very young on-line fans. Raja and Raven, The Pit Stop and any other WOW product has been told to get in line with whatever is decided. It's all rigger morris and the show itself has become cowardly. RuPaul is not counterculture now that he gathers Emmys and Stars on the Walk of Fame and takes every magazine cover he can get. He never did care for the individual queens, when he had Jinkx on his podcast he didn't remember that she won her season! Now he doesn't even care if he gets it right. Shangela having that crown snatched off her head in such a stupid way turned a lot of people off. Something about it felt heartless. The fix was in starting in All Stars 2. Alaska should have been kicked off when she fell into the bottom, but that was not allowed. When these veteran bitches start talking, watch out. It's too bad because the Season 10 cast is the best they've had since season 6. But I still expect strange eliminations and a what the fuck winner like Aquaria. I am not a Shangela stan btw. Get over that but if anyone exemplified what it meant to work hard and EARN your place at the top, she did. Shangela doesn't need the prize money, he's the hardest working queen in the franchise along with Bianca. He deserved he crown though and not to have the Z level queens beneath him decide who wins because the internet kids wanted Trixie. Seriously people are turned off by Ru's dishonesty and weird way of responding to recent criticism. Mama Ru he's not.

by Anonymousreply 373April 1, 2018 9:45 PM

It could be that r373.... or it could be for the simple fact that there is no hiatus, they are cramming seasons back-to-back on the audience.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is usually the best.

by Anonymousreply 374April 1, 2018 9:59 PM

Except that I'm right R374.

by Anonymousreply 375April 1, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote]Your posts are very very very supportive of the show.......

If you say so. Seems weird you want to encourage stalking, when your DL posts are only about this show, which is way more bizarre.

But anyway, carry on, yes of course your opinion is 100% right dear and how dare anyone say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 376April 1, 2018 10:19 PM

[quote]It's all rigger morris

I would seriously like to know what you think that phrase even means r373.

by Anonymousreply 377April 1, 2018 11:13 PM

“Rigger Morris” is a Drag Race meme, dear.

by Anonymousreply 378April 1, 2018 11:16 PM

"Rigga morris" = Drag Race slang originated by Miss Alyssa Edwards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 1, 2018 11:17 PM

My posts on DL aren't all about this show R376? I didn't stalk you little baby, but every time I posted my OPINION, you have immediately clapped back at me and offered up your infantile support for all the worst players. I recognized your condescension and confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 380April 1, 2018 11:30 PM

Ratings shmatings, only two episodes in and this season feels like a return to gold. All Stars 3 was a shit show, but it was EVENT television viewing. This new season makes me yearn for an ALL STARS season that's just done straight forward - with no gimmicks or twists. But I agree they need to take a couple of years break before All Stars 4. I'm loving the VULTURE.COM recaps - there as entertaining as the show itself and written by true fans of the show it seems. I love their take on Eureka in episode 2:

"Unfocused, preoccupied, and emotional, this is not the Elephant Queen we know, and she better be counting her lucky stars that the Lip Sync for Your Life exists. She was far and away the least prepared, worst performance in the challenge, and her decision to wear a color-changing bodysuit that barely reads on camera as her best drag (?!) reveals serious concerns about her judgment. Luckily, she’ll have more time to glow back up to the champion we know she can be, but this was tough to watch from top to bottom."

And their breakdown of the Cracker/Aquaria dynamic stirred by The Vixen is delish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381April 1, 2018 11:53 PM

they're not there

fucking spelling

by Anonymousreply 382April 1, 2018 11:54 PM

r381 That's a nice recap and it's unfortunate that it has zero comments. Seems like everyone - Redditors and Twitterati aside - gathers under the AV Club's recap instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 2, 2018 12:01 AM

I am hoping if Miss Vanjie does come back, it is for Season 12. She needs to stay in the oven and bake a little longer.

I was thinking today, it would be fun if there was a short season of Snatch Game ...... maybe eight episodes where a winner was declared in each of the first seven episodes and then they competed in the last episode for a season winner.

A lot of the queens could come back to complete in the first seven episodes (nearly fifty) and the show could be an hour long, with the queens showing up in the workroom to get their celebrity drag on, etc.

Even queens that didn't make it to the Snatch Game episode could return and complete

The idea is all yours VH1/Rupaul (you wouldn't even have to get into drag for it)

by Anonymousreply 384April 2, 2018 12:07 AM

[quote] it would be fun if there was a short season of Snatch Game

People look at Snatch Game through rose-tinted glasses. Yes you have a small percentage of really funny performances, but most peoples Snatch Games are cringe-worthy or forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 385April 2, 2018 12:11 AM

I propose a "flyover season" where they only cast queens from... well, flyover states. Blair's from Indiana and look at how well-behaved she is. Because there's no way they could ever compete otherwise in a season stacked with NYC and Chicago queens.

Wouldn't that be interesting? I'd watch the shit out of that and I'm sure some of that sweet Roseanne audience would tune in as well.

by Anonymousreply 386April 2, 2018 12:13 AM

Lmao, like Roseanne audience would ever see a show, like Bianca Del Rio, said of grown men competing in a crossdressing competition!!!

by Anonymousreply 387April 2, 2018 12:42 AM

Season 8 had three New York girls, Season 9 had 4, and now Season 10 has 5. You are getting less geographic diversity.

by Anonymousreply 388April 2, 2018 12:46 AM

r370 has to be a straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 389April 2, 2018 1:34 AM

I think going right from AS3 to Season 10 was a mistake. There needs to be more build up between seasons. Even Project Runway usually a two or three month break between a regular season and AS season. My problem with Drag Race is since the switch to VH1 I feel like there have too many deliberate twists and turns to result in surprise victory. Also the format of the show is starting to get stale and I think there needs to be a significant break between seasons 10 and 11.

by Anonymousreply 390April 2, 2018 2:36 AM

VULTURE.COM's article on ALL STARS 3 is dead on. Love it. Especially regarding Trixie:

"Let’s start with Trixie’s win. I’ll begin by saying this: Trixie is a nice girl. She’s sharp and funny, and eats sandwiches. She’s doing great in the real world with her own Viceland TV show alongside former All Star Katya. But this competition isn’t about how well you’re doing IRL. During All Stars 3, Trixie Mattel fumbled constantly, whiffing a Snatch Game impression of RuPaul, and turning in generally mediocre performances. She didn’t get a single outright win (I’m including the lip sync for your legacy here), and overall, she’s been better as a talking head commentator out of drag than a competitor in it. With BenDeLaCreme recusing herself from the competition (which, at this point: whatever), Shangela was clearly the one to beat. Sure, she has a tendency toward broad comedy, but she studied hard and came correct almost every challenge, including the final “live” performance."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Honestly all the younger ones just kind of blend together.

by Anonymousreply 392April 2, 2018 12:17 PM

Please stop wailing about AS3. It’s over, let’s all move on with our lives.

by Anonymousreply 393April 2, 2018 1:01 PM

Trixie?

by Anonymousreply 394April 2, 2018 1:28 PM

Damn, Kameron looks even better with a beard. He should never shave, not even when in drag.

I'm officially rooting for him and Blair to win this whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 2, 2018 3:52 PM

Because that's who should win - the one who is 'hottest out of drag'.

by Anonymousreply 396April 2, 2018 3:55 PM

My second sentence is not connected to the point in the first one; hence the new paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 397April 2, 2018 3:56 PM

Thanks for the link r395. I suspect Kameron might just surprise everybody. He seems pretty talented.

by Anonymousreply 398April 2, 2018 5:16 PM

Way to root for the goddamn bare minimum in the looks department. Kameron's botox and lip injections can't mask that he's a fucking dweeb.

by Anonymousreply 399April 2, 2018 6:48 PM

[quote]My second sentence is not connected to the point in the first one; hence the new paragraph.

Sure Jan. You rooting for Kameron is completely unconnected to wanting to sleep with him.

by Anonymousreply 400April 2, 2018 8:31 PM

Watching season 2 again. Forgot what a stone cold cunt Raven was/is

by Anonymousreply 401April 2, 2018 10:34 PM

Raven is really unlovable. I don't understand her fandom, but she seems like the proof that sociopaths flourish.

by Anonymousreply 402April 2, 2018 10:36 PM

Like her or hate her, Raven is one of the most influential queens to ever appear on RuPaul's Drag Race. Her make-up tactics changed the drag game, so many queens borrowed from it after her TV run.

by Anonymousreply 403April 2, 2018 10:40 PM

Beginning of ep 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 2, 2018 11:10 PM

r402 what makes you say Raven is a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 405April 2, 2018 11:21 PM

I forgot how much I love Jujubee re-watching Season 2, she's a good egg you can tell. Tatianna comes off well but Morgan McMichaels and Sonique DO NOT. I love when Tatianna says in one of her confessionals "Sonique always has that stank face" and appreciated when Tati took up for Mystique when Sonique was trashing her and Morgan said he pitied her - Tati wasn't having it.

Tyra winning in retrospect is very interesting because she really wasn't talented in being funny, or singing and dancing, or being clever, or, hell, even being pleasant and likable - but she did have that 'it' factor, the Rupaul charisma requirement, the "shine" as Faye Dunaway has called it. But Tyra is so different from Needles, Monsoon, and Del Rio who have come to exemplify a RPDR 'winner'

Poor Pandora, what happened? Such promise.

by Anonymousreply 406April 3, 2018 4:01 AM

Always hated Morgan. Such a talentless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 407April 3, 2018 4:50 AM

[quote]Tyra winning in retrospect is very interesting because she really wasn't talented in being funny, or singing and dancing, or being clever, or, hell, even being pleasant and likable - but she did have that 'it' factor, the Rupaul charisma requirement, the "shine" as Faye Dunaway has called it.

Jujubee begs to diffa. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 3, 2018 5:04 AM

Tyra had one hell of a runway walk, though. She also had a "my son" narrative that helped.

by Anonymousreply 409April 3, 2018 5:07 AM

It's common knowledge that RuPaul was literally looking for his successor for the first three seasons of RPDR. Tall, dark, leggy, a bit subversive and runway ready. The success of the show and Sharon Needles changed everything in season 4. Manila should have won season 3 and Ru's long friendship with Raja was exposed, but Raja was the runway chick that Ru always wanted to be. A MAN. Still I can understand why Bebe, Tyra and Raja won their seasons. The show was a lot more honest back then. It started as a satire of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway and devolved in integrity and fairness like both of those shows. Doesn't mean the art wasn't present or the contestants weren't talented. Just that it's rigged. Tyra Banks really is the other Tyra because every critique and facial expression - all the elevated but contained emotion, mock caring and endless narcissism Ru displayed in drag, was a slam/tribute to Tyra Banks. Tim Gunn was Ru's workroom model and he pretty much copied him verbatim, just taller. I get that most people know this but they forget it still. The RuPaul of the 90s was nothing like the Rupaul of Drag Race. Ru was a nasty piece on the club circuit and his talk show was some kind of witless worshipful fuckery. If you follow him, you realize he really does love Jody Watley, Tammy Faye, Olivia Newton John and Dolly. But Diana Ross will always be his #1 queen. He only mentions drag race queens to self promote...

Raven was just too nasty to win, really an ugly human. Don't say that the producers don't inform Ru of what goes on behind the scenes. Same thing happened with Ginger losing. I think Violet is one of Ru's most inspired winners though. After Sharon he was no longer looking for replicas of himself but a collectable set of diverse Drag Queens.

by Anonymousreply 410April 3, 2018 5:52 AM

People often make the mistake of evaluating the early seasons (Season 2 in particular) with the same criteria of a recent season - 7, 8, 9, whatever - when they argue over who should have or deserved to win. It was a different show back then, and it was certainly not influenced by tweens & teens who post on social media all day and attend DragCon.

by Anonymousreply 411April 3, 2018 6:00 AM

Sasha Belle from S7 has done got on the thirst trap bandwagon .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 3, 2018 6:31 AM

r412 this poor thing is the epitome of local. seems like a perfectly friendly guy. so anyways.

by Anonymousreply 413April 3, 2018 8:53 AM

Shangie is in Belfast, looking cuter than ever. Boy is 35 and hasn't injected nothing. You won't find DJ in a crop top.....Shangela maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 3, 2018 9:04 AM

All I can see when I look at Kameron is that god awful common trash NECK tattoo. Ugh. So tacky and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 415April 3, 2018 12:37 PM

All I see is GAYFACE FOR DAYS in Kameron. He does have a good body and would be fuckable with a bag over his head.

by Anonymousreply 416April 3, 2018 12:40 PM

Raven observed people's weak spot and then went after it. The only other people I've known like that have been sociopaths. She also broadcasted bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 417April 3, 2018 12:54 PM

MARY.

Raven was a bitchy drag queen on TV. She is a textbook sociopath! Probably a secret serial killer!

by Anonymousreply 418April 3, 2018 1:00 PM

Shanj/DJ is tiny—like, 5'2" or 5'3".

by Anonymousreply 419April 3, 2018 1:04 PM

I’ve met Shangela, about 5’4” and when a boy relaxing at the beach, he allows his mid-rift belly to relax along with him. And he’s very nice.

by Anonymousreply 420April 3, 2018 1:34 PM

"Mid-rift"????!!

by Anonymousreply 421April 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Kameron has a hideous face. He's essentially Sepulveda x Detox, neither being a good look.

by Anonymousreply 422April 3, 2018 6:03 PM

Shanjello - I loathe the phony coverups here. The fangurls and haters have tried to make this creature seem like something positive for drag. Ugh.

He's 4'10". His acne is fulminating. The hair is a wig because he's mostly balled, with tufts of thin hair straggling along the rim. His nose is crooked, with one nostril hugely large and the other tiny. He has a remnant limb he tucks into his costumes, a tiny clubfoot connected to the remnants of a she-tail. He doesn't have to tuck because he's deformed, although a nasty hernia sometimes suggests a "bump."

He couldn't complete third grade because of his malevolent violence, and had escaped the "group home" (meaning asylum) shortly before turning up in Season 2 of Drag Race. He blackmailed his way onto the show with photos. I won't say who or how except that at his height and weight at the time he looked very, very young and the sex shown was hideous. Any time he's wanted to get on the show again the photos resurface. He was supposed to win AS3 but the other queens voting fucked up the plan, since no one in the drag world can stand him. So just wait for him to turn up again in AS4 as the BeBe of the season. He will not be denied. Winning is all he can think of.

He's since gotten fat but purges disgustingly and corsets maniacally to try to hide it. He also has run a hooker ring since Season 2. Blackmailing other drag queens and forcing them to "perform." Just ask them when they're drunk about what happens in Dubai and the UAE. Shangela lives under constant security because of the hate and anguish he's caused.

So glad to set the record straight.

And one of these days I'll tell the real story behind how the winners of the other seasons have been chosen. Let's just say the real contest takes place in a room with a lot of plastic on the walls, floor and ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 423April 3, 2018 6:27 PM

You are certainly . . . invested, r423, in this tee-vee show.

by Anonymousreply 424April 3, 2018 6:43 PM

R423

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 3, 2018 9:33 PM

R423:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 4, 2018 3:32 AM

Katya's back and she's telling her truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 4, 2018 3:36 AM

I shit my pants when Ru said "i didn't catch her name" and Michelle get going "vangie...vangie.." that being said the rumor is they are going to bring her back ala Naysha Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 428April 4, 2018 3:40 AM

They've taped the season months in advance, how would they have predicted that this girl would have become such a social media darling after her elimination and thus it became practically necessary for her to return?

Naysha was gone one episode before returning.

by Anonymousreply 429April 4, 2018 3:46 AM

I don't remember "Sasha Belle" at all, but she's a pretty cute boy. Not my type, but cute.

by Anonymousreply 430April 4, 2018 4:48 AM

Why did it take a week for the Vangie mania to start? Did the audience need to see RuPaul laugh at Vangie’s exit the week after it originally aired in order to find it funny?

Expect to see a lot more of RuPaul laughing at his girls since it clearly riles up the fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 431April 4, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote]Did the audience need to see RuPaul laugh at Vangie’s exit the week after it originally aired in order to find it funny?

Well yes, him and Michelle's little laugh session is what turned it into a meme.

by Anonymousreply 432April 4, 2018 4:43 PM

It was already a meme before Episode 2—Ru's laughing just added fuel to an already-burning fire.

by Anonymousreply 433April 4, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote]Ru's laughing just added fuel to an already-burning fire.

That is a massive understatement. The Miss Vanjie antics exploded after episode 2, there were not many Miss Vanjie memes after episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 434April 4, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]there were not many Miss Vanjie memes after episode 1

Yes, there were—they were all over Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 435April 4, 2018 4:58 PM

Has the preview of the next episode been posted yet? When do they usually drop? I can't possibly wait any longer!

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 436April 4, 2018 7:18 PM

Post R404.

by Anonymousreply 437April 4, 2018 7:31 PM

[quote]I don't remember "Sasha Belle" at all

She was the filler queen/early boot from Season 7 who thought she had "cracked the code" for winning Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 438April 4, 2018 7:53 PM

Sasha Belle was a thirst queen in Season 7 .................. at least with the other contestants. I remember an interview clip with all the queens where many of them said Sasha was the one they'd fuck. And during episode one, a couple of them commented on his cuteness and great ass.

Filler queen/cute boy

by Anonymousreply 439April 4, 2018 11:32 PM

I'm far less interested in the cute men than I was several years ago. Now I like watching the rough bootstrappers more.

by Anonymousreply 440April 4, 2018 11:41 PM

Just watched the preview. Yuhua is the worst team member ever. Doesn't stop talking, isn't funny at all, and criticizes people's suggestions during a [italic]brainstorming session.[/italic] That's literally Brainstorming 101. And to think she was my favourite. Or perhaps she's just getting a brutal edit for some reason.

I could see Blair's theatre side clearly during that mini challenge. She's going to be great in sketches and maybe even Snatch Game. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 441April 5, 2018 12:25 AM

Hopefully, Eureka picks it up - I like her.

by Anonymousreply 442April 5, 2018 1:21 AM

The mini challenge was good. A dumb premise but with lots of inventive and funny queens. And some pretty bitches too. Asia, Aquaria and Mayhem were beautiful in even 20 minute drag. Dusty Faye Bottoms looks like Thorgy's less deformed brother. I don't think he's long for this show. Not a very compelling performer. Mayhem will survive a few lip sync battles. Blair was inventive and wacky, can't wait to see more of her. I'm on the fence about Eureka. He's obnoxious and really BIG, but I think his drag persona is talented.

by Anonymousreply 443April 5, 2018 3:04 AM

R442, r443:

Yuhua and Aquaria are the two queens this time who think they are more fabulous/talented than they are.

But then again- Roxxxxy was like that too and went farther than she should have

Ugh

by Anonymousreply 444April 5, 2018 3:10 AM

I'm liking Katya's new podcast. She should have called it Season of the SLuttish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 5, 2018 7:13 AM

link to the preview please

by Anonymousreply 446April 5, 2018 2:41 PM

Christ, for the second time it was posted at post r404.

by Anonymousreply 447April 5, 2018 2:43 PM

r404 is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 448April 5, 2018 2:49 PM

The creepy disembodied voice and the wood paneling for the auditions....

I DIE

by Anonymousreply 449April 6, 2018 12:07 AM

I don't want to be a sociopath, but it feels so low class to go backward in a thread more than 10 posts. None of them are worth anything anyway, since people are such shitheads, mostly. Maybe not here on this thread. Maybe you're all brilliant. But, you know. Odds.

So, "choices."

Therefore, would someone please post the preview for the next episode before it starts? In, say, about five minutes so I don't have go backwards too far. I think I have a little tinkle break coming. Thanks in advance.

Got it? Preview. Five minutes. Thank you.

Now you say, "No problem," like the good clerks and cashiers you are.

by Anonymousreply 450April 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Awww Dusty Ray 😔❤️

by Anonymousreply 451April 6, 2018 12:57 AM

Kameron's runway look is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 452April 6, 2018 1:00 AM

Dusty’s story is an important reminder that even in a post-Will and Grace world, many if not most gay kids still endure hellish abuse from loved ones and live in unsafe environments. The fight continues.

by Anonymousreply 453April 6, 2018 1:23 AM

I’ve been lip syncing to Celebrity Skin since 1998. I’m an old fat guy in a stained sweatshirt but I would have blasted those bitches off the stage with my Courtney Realness.

by Anonymousreply 454April 6, 2018 1:31 AM

Where do I know the cute dark-haired pit crew guy from?

by Anonymousreply 455April 6, 2018 1:38 AM

R455, he has a delicious bulge.

by Anonymousreply 456April 6, 2018 1:40 AM

Yuhua announces she’s trans in 3.... 2.....

by Anonymousreply 457April 6, 2018 2:00 AM

Dusty Ray looks like Nolan Gould's older, hotter brother.

by Anonymousreply 458April 6, 2018 2:35 AM

[quote]Where do I know the cute dark-haired pit crew guy from?

Yes! Who was this new pit crew guy? He was fucking adorable. Keep him around WoW people who are lurking on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 459April 6, 2018 3:05 AM

What was wrong with Ru’s voice all throughout tonight. It sounded dubbed.

by Anonymousreply 460April 6, 2018 3:09 AM

It seemed like she and Courtney had the same snuffy voice and low energy. Wonder what they were sniffing together?

by Anonymousreply 461April 6, 2018 3:41 AM

At first I assumed something was off with the mic and they had to dub Ru, but since it was like that all episode I assume Ru was just sick and powering through.

by Anonymousreply 462April 6, 2018 3:42 AM

[quote]Kameron's runway look is perfection.

It was. This was a strong runway, funny how this runway was better than the "best drag" runway from last week.

Three episodes in and this is shaping up to be one of stronger seasons. With the bad vibes from AS3, it is good they are having a strong rebound.

by Anonymousreply 463April 6, 2018 3:51 AM

The new pitcrew guy was on Worst Cooks of America and So You Think You Can Dance. Has made the rounds of reality TV.

Asaf Goren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 6, 2018 4:08 AM

He was soooooo annoying on "Worst Cooks." He was also on an MTV dating show called "Are You the One?" They could have done so much better than this douche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 6, 2018 5:50 AM

Miss Cracker is certainly winning in whatever showdown she's supposed to be having with Aquaria. And damn, but Vixen is fucking tiresome. Just STFU. Yes, you are tough - blah blah blah. Work on that janky hairline on your wigs, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 466April 6, 2018 5:53 AM

Aquaria suffers from the same bratty hubris that Violet displayed on her season, but at least she has the goods to back it up (as did Violet). The Vixen is just unpleasant and her drag is boring and forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 467April 6, 2018 6:05 AM

Aquaria is literally every single annoying child growing up who always got in trouble in class for getting into it with another kid and was never smart enough to talk his way out of getting written up.

by Anonymousreply 468April 6, 2018 6:31 AM

That was one of the least funny sketch challenges I've ever seen on this show. Even the supposedly funny queens like Cracker wrote mediocre dialogue for themselves. And the lipsync was cringe from beginning to end. Tortorella has nice fingers but that's about the only thing that doesn't repulse me about him, and Courtney is on another planet so I won't even go there.

Vixen and Mayhem are self-important and entirely humourless (they remind me of Bonina Brown), with Mayhem being a depressing drag on top of that, and Vixen a poisonous loudmouthed bully. Just awful.

Stopped being a Kameron fan tonight. What the hell was he thinking with that sketch that didn't have a single zinger in it? Some people clocked him for not having a personality in the very first episode and I agree now that he's too bland for this line of work. Hey, I am as well so I'm not judging. I also just cannot with the religious bullshit so I stopped being a Blair fan as well. Sue me. I'm non-aligned as of tonight.

by Anonymousreply 469April 6, 2018 11:30 AM

Next week is the ball? We have never done a ball with this many queens before, that will be a lot of looks to go through.

And so the new pit crew guy is straight? Bored now. I had always appreciated that the Pit Crew was actually made up of gay men, a nice little touch, with him and Bryce we can't have straight guys taking over the pitcrew.

by Anonymousreply 470April 6, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]That was one of the least funny sketch challenges I've ever seen on this show.

I agree with you the sketches themselves weren't that funny, but I was still thoroughly entertained watching this episode.

by Anonymousreply 471April 6, 2018 12:06 PM

[quote]And the lipsync was cringe from beginning to end.

Just caught this? Why? I thought Mayhem did a damn good job on the lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 472April 6, 2018 12:07 PM

Hoping that a hole in the runway swallows Aquaria and Vixen so that we don’t have to see or hear from either ever again.

by Anonymousreply 473April 6, 2018 12:44 PM

What's with Mayhem being SO CONCERNED about "the bitches behind me need to KNOW I'm fierce" or whatever. You don't need to impress them, dear.

by Anonymousreply 474April 6, 2018 1:34 PM

The third episode wasn't very good - the challenges were boring, the commercials for the fake apps weren't funny, and I didn't really get why the judges were gagging over the winner's acting turn with her monobrow. Yeah, it was funny for five seconds, but she didn't really do anything other than that one face. It seemed like they were struggling to find positive things.

I did like the Tweety bird costume at the end.

Blair seems like she's being set up to be the star of the season, but she's not quite there yet.

Kameron is boring, I can see him going home in episode five or six.

Miz Cracker is cute out of drag.

RuPaul sounded as if she were dying at the end - "If you don't love yourself..." *croak*

by Anonymousreply 475April 6, 2018 1:38 PM

Somebody needs to slip Carson a few mint juleps to get the Courtney Love behind the scenes stories.

by Anonymousreply 476April 6, 2018 3:06 PM

It's a little concerning to see Eureka and then Mayhem having to LSFYL so early on. Didn't expect that.

R470, Bryce is straight (allegedly, his voice is more fey than Jason's) so this new guy being straight isn't exactly a "first".

R473 speaks the truth. I was hoping for a double elimination scenario but I wouldn't even want to sit through that.

by Anonymousreply 477April 6, 2018 3:13 PM

It's not a first, but from seasons 3-6 the pit crew was all gay. Then Bryce was the one token straight guy from seasons 7-9.

If you have Bryce, the new guy, and Jason, now the Pit Crew becomes mainly straight guys. We go back to the cliche of gay guys fawning over straight guys, instead of putting a spotlight on openly gay hotties.

[quote]It's a little concerning to see Eureka and then Mayhem having to LSFYL so early on. Didn't expect that.

Raven lipsynched a couple times early in Season 2, and ended up being runner-up to the crown (and some people like to argue should've won)

by Anonymousreply 478April 6, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote]We go back to the cliche of gay guys fawning over straight guys, instead of putting a spotlight on openly gay hotties.

You're absolutely correct. Hell, Miz Cracker even said this in that article referenced in R36 in this thread.

You're also correct about Raven, so we'll see. The second time Raven was in the bottom two, she pretty much was just a warm body to finally put Mystique out of her misery.

by Anonymousreply 479April 6, 2018 3:33 PM

I thought Mayhem did a great lip sync. Courtney was soooo subdued. It reminded me of One Flew Over the Cucko's Nest.

by Anonymousreply 480April 6, 2018 3:36 PM

R460 Either laryngitis or a throat infection.

by Anonymousreply 481April 6, 2018 3:54 PM

Blair's mom made his look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482April 6, 2018 5:06 PM

I enjoyed Yuhua’s explanation of her look. “In Chinese culture, ravens represent death, so, you know, I combined that with some other stuff.” Wow, girl. Profound.

Kinda falling in love with Monet, stupid glasses frames included.....

by Anonymousreply 483April 6, 2018 5:23 PM

Yuhua’s lip sync was over after her first strum of the air guitar.

Amateur!

by Anonymousreply 484April 6, 2018 5:25 PM

Yeah, Yuhua never handled criticism well. The one good comment Nico Tortorella gave was when he called our her answer did not address what Michelle said.

Someone on reddit is tracking this (of course), and Monet has had the most confessionals of any contestant. She is the narrator of the season.

by Anonymousreply 485April 6, 2018 5:26 PM

Asaf is bisexual. His fuckbuddy was his family visit on Worst Cooks.

by Anonymousreply 486April 6, 2018 6:52 PM

They just didn’t get it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 6, 2018 6:59 PM

Monet - Bob's less talented twin.

by Anonymousreply 488April 6, 2018 7:21 PM

He really WANTS to be Bob, doesn't he? But he's just not as good.

by Anonymousreply 489April 6, 2018 7:27 PM

The Pit Crew is mostly Str8? Riiiiiiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 490April 6, 2018 7:30 PM

I thought it was odd that the dating app one kept using Bryce as the hot guy instead of switching it up.

by Anonymousreply 491April 6, 2018 7:31 PM

I freaking love Monique. She is effortlessly hilarious. I'm rooting for her and Miz Cracker.

by Anonymousreply 492April 6, 2018 7:46 PM

SO who won and who lost?

by Anonymousreply 493April 6, 2018 7:55 PM

R493? This week - Asa won YooHoo lost and packed it up.

by Anonymousreply 494April 6, 2018 8:27 PM

Yeah I like Monet, but this episode proved she is not as talented as Bob. Bob would have won this challenge, not fade into the background.

by Anonymousreply 495April 6, 2018 8:34 PM

Lord, I wish I had even half the confidence of someone who writes a long criminally unfunny reply and then clicks Post, like r450.

by Anonymousreply 496April 6, 2018 9:08 PM

I just assumed they died shortly after posting that, r496

by Anonymousreply 497April 6, 2018 9:26 PM

Many of them have good runway. Blair's gown was heinous with scattered shitty feathers glued on.

by Anonymousreply 498April 6, 2018 9:32 PM

I thought Blair's gown was terrible the first episode as well. She shouldn't have been at the top. But for whatever reason, the judges are smitten with her.

by Anonymousreply 499April 6, 2018 9:33 PM

r498 agreed. That gown was what you'd find in any prom dress store in the hood. And her gamine figure is not able to sell it.

by Anonymousreply 500April 6, 2018 9:34 PM

I think the judges are trying to be indulgent of mid-American drag.

by Anonymousreply 501April 6, 2018 9:36 PM

It do take nerve r496

by Anonymousreply 502April 6, 2018 9:42 PM

I think Courtney was subdued because she's afraid her new face will slide off or crack.

by Anonymousreply 503April 7, 2018 6:43 AM

Ah, the strange mini challenge was based off these pervy Calvin Klein ads....Things you learn at the AV Club! Drag Race remains pretty fucking inventive to riff on this arcane psycho shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 7, 2018 8:35 AM

She had pretty good work, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 505April 7, 2018 8:50 AM

Courtney seems lobotomized after 25 years of seeing her manic self. She only dropped one name.

by Anonymousreply 506April 7, 2018 12:28 PM

Oh yeah and she looked more like Madonna then Madonna does now.

by Anonymousreply 507April 7, 2018 12:30 PM

Here is the current Courtney bashing thread where you can accuse her of being and doing whatever your heart desires

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 7, 2018 1:46 PM

"Bring back my ... Afrin."

by Anonymousreply 509April 7, 2018 3:56 PM

Was that Courtney's 12 new face?

by Anonymousreply 510April 7, 2018 4:25 PM

Who keeps saying Shangela was robbed? She kept Trixie and only one person on the jury voted for her. Buh-bye girl!

by Anonymousreply 511April 7, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote]Who keeps saying Shangela was robbed?

Literally everyone, including Trixie. Most of the jury have admitted they were wrong not to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 512April 7, 2018 5:23 PM

Whatever! No one liked Shangela on the show!

by Anonymousreply 513April 7, 2018 5:34 PM

We’ve all moved on from All Stars. The fights are over, the tears have dried. We’ve all moved on to Season 10.

by Anonymousreply 514April 7, 2018 5:36 PM

For the last fucking time, this is not RuPaul's Best Friend Race!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 7, 2018 5:44 PM

I really like Dusty, but she needs to step it up or she's going to be out soon, I fear.

Monet is the poor man's Bob. Monique is the poor man's Monet. And Aquaria is DEFINITLEY the poor man's Miss Cracker.

Mayhem slayed that lip sync. She's a little pouty but I like her.

This was the first week I liked Asia. The Tweety dress was fabulously over the top and witty.

by Anonymousreply 516April 7, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote]Monique is the poor man's Monet.

Absolutely not. Monique is unique. She is the most like Alyssa if she's like anyone—as both are effortlessly and (often unintentionally) hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 517April 7, 2018 8:39 PM

Dusty is the most fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 518April 7, 2018 8:41 PM

Yeah, Dusty looks like a dude in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 519April 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Asia is gorgeous. Skin the color of cinnamon. pretty eyes, good body. gorgeous curvy lips and smile. Big man, beautiful drag queen. Funny but nice, great runways I have no doubt that either he or Miz Cracker will win the season. Mayhem is a legendary bar queen and that was a hell of a lip sync. But she will be in the bottom a few more times before that lip sync fails her. She just doesn't have any personality which is why it took her so many years to make the cut. Dusty is the least polished, his runway looks are terrible. He looks like Rumer Willis. But mini muscle guy is the least talented in my opinion and next to go.

I hope Monique makes top three but I think it will be Eureka with Mz. Cracker and Asia at the end.

by Anonymousreply 520April 7, 2018 8:44 PM

My big problem with Kameron is his arms. They are way too muscley and it complete ruins the illusion/look.

by Anonymousreply 521April 7, 2018 8:48 PM

Doesn't Kameron have short legs, as well?

by Anonymousreply 522April 7, 2018 8:58 PM

I don’t like a man with too many muscles

by Anonymousreply 523April 7, 2018 9:02 PM

If Kameron comes with fat size meat, he's sexy in a methy way.

by Anonymousreply 524April 7, 2018 9:04 PM

You can find plenty of thirst trap bulge pictures on Kameron's instagram.

by Anonymousreply 525April 7, 2018 9:06 PM

hmmmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 7, 2018 9:12 PM

Why does he wear his meat straight down over the balls rather than up the side of the bikini?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Kameron’s face and voice remind me of Chad Michaels

by Anonymousreply 528April 7, 2018 10:26 PM

Miz Cracker is Alaska 2.0 - she seems to really be a student of all things drag race. Her referencing Alyssa's DOOAHH DOOAHH killed me and saying "drag is a contact sport" when Eurka hit her...I think she is the one to watch.

by Anonymousreply 529April 8, 2018 12:39 AM

Cracker is much less mannered thank Alaska, thankfully. She has great poise and her delivery to camera underlined just how poor Kameron and some of the others were with delivering lines.

by Anonymousreply 530April 8, 2018 12:45 AM

Was Yuhua really not a drag queen before the show? I guess Miss Fame, rather than Bianca, is her template, though I doubt seamstress tutorials will really take off. Can she teach air guitar on YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 531April 8, 2018 12:47 AM

r527 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 532April 8, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote]Her referencing Alyssa's DOOAHH DOOAHH killed me

That was Aquaria.

by Anonymousreply 533April 8, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]Was Yuhua really not a drag queen before the show?

What makes you say that? She has been doing drag in NY for years.

[quote]That was Aquaria.

Yeah I clocked that. r529 is continuing the Aquaria and Cracker are twins plotline!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534April 8, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote]Blair's gown was heinous with scattered shitty feathers glued on.

Michelle was completely correct when she said it read arts and crafty. Dusty had the worse runway this week though, that thing was embarrassing. Shame since his look last week was damn good.

by Anonymousreply 535April 8, 2018 1:09 AM

I would like to add my two cents and say I thought Courtney looked pretty, and while she's been more lively in the past, "subdued" isn't the worst thing in the world.

by Anonymousreply 536April 8, 2018 1:15 AM

Are you sure it was Aquaria? I swear it was Cracker during the filming of their scene.

by Anonymousreply 537April 8, 2018 1:24 AM

Aquaria's real name is Giovanni Palandrani. Explains a lot. I'm glad The Vixen called out what's seldom mentioned by name: the manipulation of racial biases by some Drag Race contestants for sympathy or popularity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 8, 2018 6:27 AM

Derrick Berry got shitfaced before her set at the Hater's Roast last night. Eureka being the good shit-stirrer she is instagram lived the whole thing. Worth watching it its entirety, it becomes more of an unintelligible trainwreck til they realize they need to force her off the stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539April 8, 2018 1:07 PM

The fifth part of this instagram post has when Trinity and one of Derrick's boyfriends (Nebraska) is having to force her to leave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 8, 2018 1:20 PM

These queens cannot afford to be unprofessional. Their earning window is closing and there’s always another queen ready to take her place. And she’s probably younger, prettier, and has more Insta fame.

by Anonymousreply 541April 8, 2018 7:20 PM

As long as it stays a one-off it is just a fun story, hopefully she knows better not to let it happen again.

by Anonymousreply 542April 8, 2018 7:38 PM

Eureka looked fabulous this week.

Actually everybody looked fantastic, better than last week for sure.

My god, that Vixen is a fucking bitch. Hate her.

I confuse Ms. Cracker and Aquaria. They're completely interchangeable.

Is Kameron the dude with the tats? Who sometimes doesn't have boobies? He does look like a man in drag. When they showed him going through the door from the back, the guy was fucking huge.

It's truly sad and emotional when they show the kicked-off queens packing their stuff and trying to roll it away and leaving in that minivan.

by Anonymousreply 543April 8, 2018 10:41 PM

Yuhua managed to be both heartbreaking and hilarious with her exit on Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 544April 8, 2018 10:55 PM

The Vixen is just pulling the shit talking to the front. Aquaria called out Cracker for copying her, then when they were together she changed her tune. Vixen just said "that is not what you said when she wasn't here"

by Anonymousreply 545April 9, 2018 2:42 AM

Yuhua was a girl, I am sure. Look, Bianca shows us what we already know. Now everyone pays for designer dresses and outrageous costumes (muscle boy's feather number was as good as anything Cher would wear) but Bianca just made the same dress over and over. And won. Because she is the real C.U.N.T. That millionaire bitch was not my favorite winner. Neither is Alaska or Sharon. Hell Naw to Raja. Guess I don't know what sells. Bianca was the clear winner though. I thought some of the gowns were over the top this week, I think this is her way of saying the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 9, 2018 2:47 AM

Bianca's drag was perfect through. She never stepped out on the runway without looking 100% polished.

Yes, she didn't serve a lot of variety in silhouette, but she was no Jinkx or Bob. Her actual drag was always on point.

by Anonymousreply 547April 9, 2018 2:54 AM

I completely agree R547.

by Anonymousreply 548April 9, 2018 3:00 AM

I speculated earlier in this thread but now after 3 eps I'm pretty much cemented in saying Asia is definitely winning. Totally okay with it, too.

by Anonymousreply 549April 9, 2018 8:23 AM

Bianca's looks were dull though. High technical skill but not much creativity.

by Anonymousreply 550April 9, 2018 4:28 PM

One of the top comments in that Eureka thread is this, which makes me want to kill whoever typed it in:

That she 💁‍♀️has been open 📭😮in her mouth 👄👅that it is confirmed✔️ that anytime ⏱⏳that she👩 has to pee 🚽💦she is quick 🏃‍♂️to return↩️that I🙋‍♀️AM THIRSTY 👅🗣yes?⁉️No 🙅‍♀️bitch🐶🐕🐩. Trinity Taylor👙, listen: 👂I know 🧠that you👈 lost 🤦‍♀️❌to Peppermint🍭🍬 but I guess 🤷‍♀️what, you 👈are ready to lose ❌🚫tonight🌚🌛. Are you guys 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦ready? Ok I got one 1️⃣more minute, 🕒that’s all 🤷‍♀️I got, ok. That she is open😛😵 in her mouth👅👄Are you guys 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦ready? It is confirmed ☑️✔️that anytime🕑🕗 someone👈 has to pee,🚽💦💦 trixie 💅👸🤡is quick🏃‍♀️ to reply 🗣that someone 👥has to pee 🚽💦she is quick🏃‍♀️ to h-say. 🗣I 🙋‍♀️AM THIRSTY 😛👅👅yeah? ❓❓Hello? ⁉️Yeahhh just go fuck🖕🖕 yourself👈 because I ☝️🙋‍♀️am not❌ ready. That maybe, ❓eh? ⁉️Are you ready? ⁉️Maybe they’re quick🏃‍♀️ to reply 🗣that they 👥are off ❌their vitamins 💊💊and if you 👈are ready to say 🗣I’m thirsty 👅😛that maybe❓ try absenting ❓❓❓❓that with yellow ⚠️💛around 🔄your eyes👁👀 that you 👈can compliment 🗣everything👐 else that you 👈have going on 🔛

by Anonymousreply 551April 9, 2018 4:55 PM

Jesus fucking Christ, R548...

R536, that's Courtney's calm before next year's Tragic Queen Tour for the 25th anniversary of Kurt's death.

by Anonymousreply 552April 9, 2018 4:59 PM

R551: That's just an emoji copypasta. They're fairly common in certain areas of the internet. I think that in the RPDR subreddit the first ever emoji copypasta was for LaGanja's iconic standup.

Is it stupid? Yes. Is it silly? Yes.

But that's the internet. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 553April 9, 2018 4:59 PM

My "Jesus Fucking Christ" was directed at R551. Excuse me, R548.

by Anonymousreply 554April 9, 2018 5:02 PM

Even though I like to lurk that subreddit for news, there is a reason I run back to the safety of the DL. The children there can be very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 555April 9, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote]LaGanja's iconic standup.

ICONIC? Really?

by Anonymousreply 556April 9, 2018 5:04 PM

For all the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 557April 9, 2018 5:06 PM

Yes, LaGanja's standup was so cringe-worthy that—with time—it has become iconic.

"Hey hey hey, put your lighter's up y'all, Ganja's in the house, yeaowww!"

by Anonymousreply 558April 9, 2018 5:06 PM

I don't think Aquaria and Miz Cracker are interchangeable at all. They have the same body-type and have at points done similar makeup, sometimes intentionally, but when I see each one in or out of drag, there is no confusion. They have different perspectives and I think that is very evident in their drag choices.

I do think that Miz Cracker will be in the top three. I was surprised at her lackluster "RuPaul's Chocolate" ad, because she is usually so quick.

Last week, under Alyssa's tutelage, Yuhua and Kameron did an unexpectedly great job in their respective group numbers. I was sorry to see Yuhua leave this week. Out of character, she was not outstanding, but I enjoyed her drag.

In Untucked a couple of weeks ago, Asia joked to sponge-dressed Monet "...everything you have done has been about cleaning. You came in sweepin' the floor, now you're out here in a sponge dress. Gurl, we don't do that no more, ain't you seen The Help? No, we movin' forward!"

It reminded me of the Jefferson's episode where Florence, as the prospective maid, looks at Louise and Helen, both black inhabitants of "de-lux" apartments and asks, "How come we overcame and nobody told me?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559April 9, 2018 5:53 PM

[quote]YouTube timestamps don't seem to work, here.

They work fine if you disable link previews. The DL link preview function messes up so much stuff, it is why people thought dailymail was blocked here, just because of link previews.

by Anonymousreply 560April 9, 2018 5:59 PM

Speaking of, has anyone looked at RuPaul's website? It's the worst of all web sins - that giant top image is over 2mb, and it loads like molasses. It even loads that huge image on mobile devices. It reminds me of the time I hired a landscaper just because he was gay, he turned out godawful. I'm assuming some knownothing of RuPaul's built it for shmer, hired because they were gay and in the circle. Just like my shitty unreliable landscaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561April 9, 2018 6:40 PM

[QUOTE]has anyone looked at RuPaul's website?

No.

by Anonymousreply 562April 9, 2018 8:51 PM

Asia is not winning. Watch for Mayhem, Blair and Miz Cracker to make top three - possible Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 563April 10, 2018 2:21 AM

Not a spoiler:

No, neither Blair nor Asia will get close to the finals.

I’m betting on Miz C, Mayhem, and Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 564April 10, 2018 2:28 AM

I'm suprised there is so much Mayhem love here. Sure he did a good job with the make a outfit challenge, but outside of that he completely faded into the background. I don't see a contender for the crown at all.

by Anonymousreply 565April 10, 2018 2:31 AM

I want Miz Cracker and Monique in the Top 3.

Why are so many people banking on Eureka? I like her okay, but she's been lackluster thus far. Is it because a plus-size winner is overdue?

Like R565, I'm not sold on Mayhem. Great drag, but not much of a personality as far as we've seen. Seems like a lovely person, though.

by Anonymousreply 566April 10, 2018 2:34 AM

Miss Vanjie attended Marc Jacobs birthday party with the likes of Bette Midler, Naomi Campbell, Debbie Harry and MILK? What a strange time we live in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 10, 2018 3:15 AM

Miss Vanjie is the breakout star of the season, and it's really remarkable. She's not going to be a flash in the pan. Her exit interview with Michelle Visage had charisma and humor for days. She's the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 568April 10, 2018 3:20 AM

Um, Ms Vangie is gone. Unless spoilers indicate she's coming back,

She's one and done. Why y'all keep talking about her??

She obviously wasn't good enough to last on the show.

by Anonymousreply 569April 10, 2018 3:25 AM

Ru seems to lover her some Miss C. Cracker is going to have to fuck up but good not to make the final. The judges seem to be pretty smitten with Blair, so I expect her to go far. Wouldn't bet on Eureka. She had one good week. Let's see if she can hold it together. According to friends in Dallas, Asia is one fierce queen. I wouldn't count her out. Mayhem just seems kind of meh.

by Anonymousreply 570April 10, 2018 3:26 AM

Because social media is all about her, R569. She broke out even beyond the fans of the show—to the point that there were memes about the memes, with straight people asking "Who the fuck is Miss Vanjie?"

Ru went absolutely manic for her on Twitter, at one point posting about her nearly 20 times in a row. She has never done that before, and this was days after the episode aired.

[quote]She obviously wasn't good enough to last on the show.

A stumble out of the gate doesn't mean she wasn't good enough. In one episode, she made a larger impact than most contestants ever do. She'll be back in a later season.

by Anonymousreply 571April 10, 2018 3:29 AM

Haha, it's true!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572April 10, 2018 6:41 AM

"RaPal Dark Res" is an Adult Swim–style cartoon parody by a Dutch drag queen. The names are brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 10, 2018 12:08 PM

Calling a person a cumrag? That qualifies as brilliant?

by Anonymousreply 574April 10, 2018 12:51 PM

I've Written a Letter to Vanjie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 10, 2018 12:56 PM

R572 - that's so funny because on last week's runway I thought Monet was giving me Leslie Jones realness. She shouldn't go bare shouldered and bare armed, it completely gives away the man. At least we found one difference between her and Bob.

by Anonymousreply 576April 10, 2018 4:30 PM

R576, I thought that was Asia too. And of course someone was triggered by that post because someone named “Cracker” compared Monet (a black drag queen) to Leslie (a black woman) and that’s another way the white men keeps black women down...

by Anonymousreply 577April 10, 2018 4:43 PM

Tatianna has done perpetrated a virtual wig snatch on Tyra Sanchez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578April 10, 2018 5:30 PM

Virtual WIG SNATCH!

There should be an emoticon for that

Who cares about pears

by Anonymousreply 579April 10, 2018 5:32 PM

I mean Tyra Sanchez does fail as a human being, and that is why her career went absolutely nowhere after Drag Race.

Many successful queens from her season, but the "winner" barely gets booked.

Anyway, I've loved Tatianna since Season 2. Glad AS2 brought her to the fame level she deserves to be at.

by Anonymousreply 580April 10, 2018 5:45 PM

It's because Tyra has the personality of a ham sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 581April 10, 2018 6:05 PM

Episode 4 Preview

Or given what happened last week maybe I should say

[bold]EPISODE FOUR PREVIEW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 10, 2018 8:55 PM

Could someone post the next episode preview? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 583April 10, 2018 8:58 PM

Tyra is now BANNED from DragCon LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 10, 2018 9:03 PM

Yes, that is what inspired Tatianna's rant about Tyra r584. Saying how she deserves to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 585April 10, 2018 9:04 PM

(To Monét:) "Model? You mean waddle?" Thank you Monique!!

Pit Crew Shawn is back, that must make a few of you happy. He has his clothes on though.

by Anonymousreply 586April 10, 2018 9:24 PM

Tati still going in while Phi Phi stirs the turd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 10, 2018 9:42 PM

PhiPhi is such a SHIT-STIRRER!! She loves the drama, mama.

by Anonymousreply 588April 10, 2018 10:34 PM

Tyra is completely losing her shit. Some fans are calling for Ru to retroactively dethrone her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589April 10, 2018 10:44 PM

Tyra obviously has mental issues. Of course Jaremi knows that and delights in kicking her when she’s down. Don’t be surprised when Tyra gets violent.

by Anonymousreply 590April 10, 2018 11:24 PM

[quote]Of course Jaremi knows that and delights in kicking her when she’s down.

This is why Phi Phi bugs me. Tatianna doesn't not come across as enjoying attacking Tyra—rather that she's been given no choice so is, sadly, letting it all spill. But with Phi Phi, at least for me, I get the sense that there's a genuine glee in all of the drama—which, at the end of the day, is really sad "drama." It's someone's life, not matter how terrible that someone might or might not be.

by Anonymousreply 591April 10, 2018 11:26 PM

NEW Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592April 10, 2018 11:28 PM

Time to close out this thread?

by Anonymousreply 593April 10, 2018 11:29 PM

Anyone going to DragCon?

by Anonymousreply 594April 10, 2018 11:30 PM

Interesting that RuPaul’s Star On Hollywood Blvd has the TV icon only and not the music icon.

He’s described himself as first and foremost a musician.

I wonder who or what was behind that decision.

by Anonymousreply 595April 10, 2018 11:31 PM

VANGIE

by Anonymousreply 596April 10, 2018 11:32 PM

Vangie

by Anonymousreply 597April 10, 2018 11:32 PM

vangie

by Anonymousreply 598April 10, 2018 11:33 PM

LINK to thread 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599April 10, 2018 11:33 PM

V. A. N. G. I. E.

by Anonymousreply 600April 10, 2018 11:34 PM

She hasn't even returned yet and I'm already getting kind of tired of hearing about Miss Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 601April 10, 2018 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!