Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 10 THREAD TWO

OK Katelynn, time for dinner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 7, 2018 7:37 AM

Link to thread one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2018 11:27 PM

I don't understand the impulse to post ten times in a row in order to close a thread early. What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2018 11:36 PM

I don’t know why this cracks me up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2018 11:36 PM

[quote]I don't understand the impulse to post ten times in a row in order to close a thread early. What's the point?

There is no point. Some posters are weird.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2018 11:37 PM

Dataloungers have problems with restraint, R2.

Anyway, here's the VH1 preview of Episode 4, as I know some queen is going to stamp her feet and demand the link unless it's posted here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]Dataloungers have problems with r̶e̶s̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ Asperger's

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2018 11:41 PM

Miz Cracker for top 3 please

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2018 11:58 PM

Aquaria bugs me.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2018 12:46 AM

Someone somewhere said Aquaria's confessionals look exactly like Ru delivering her quips, with the head movements and the unnatural speech pattern. And I can't unsee it now.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2018 12:52 AM

Aquaria needs more time to cook. She’s a baby queen, not ready for the big show.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2018 12:54 AM

Aquaria reminds me a lot of Carmen Carrera back in season 2 (before he decided he was trans). Many of the same speech patterns, mannerisms and attitude.

I think Aquaria's drag is better.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2018 1:13 AM

Sigh, I had *such* a crush on Carmen Carrera out of drag.

And that husband is drop. dead. gorgeous. Lucky bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]Aquaria reminds me a lot of Carmen Carrera

What did Aquaria do to deserve that. Carmen was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2018 1:38 AM

Aquaria's wounded bird and Kameron's "Cher-eficent" were impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2018 2:37 AM

Raja is such an idiot

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2018 2:52 AM

I'm beginning to recognize some of the queens now. They started off as a mush of derivative nonentities for me.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2018 2:58 AM

Aquaria is sexy in that mini challenge clip. Monique and Eureka stole a moment too. Dusty Bottom, Blair Mountclaire and the tiny muscle guy all are amateurs. Pulling faces and trying too hard is forgivable once. But it's not the first time for Dusty Thor or the muscle boy. They just don't exhibit any talent or feel for the challenges.

The Vixen damn well better give us a young Whitney Houston for Snatch Game. He's not a beauty but he looks like I Just Wanna Dance with Somebody Whitney. That beautiful body and those sexy facial bones.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2018 7:55 AM

Is Raven good looking out of drag?

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2018 12:29 PM

He used to be a gogo boy before drag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2018 12:54 PM

Raja is the idiotic man-looking queen and Raven is the one who used to be a gogo dancer

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2018 1:50 PM

Wow miz cracker is devoid of humor and talent.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2018 2:04 PM

Ru is *still* tweeting about Miss Vanjie—this was posted twenty minutes ago.

She's obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2018 2:52 PM

The people I like the best are not necessarily the best drag queens this season. That's rare. Probably not since Ivy Winters and Chi Chi.

The Monique, Mayhem and and Monet personas are blending for me, and it's not because of their all being black (Asia and The Vixen are not in that "what's your drag" mix for me). I know Mayhem is a friend of everyone, but the piss-bottom routine as a boy is too. Of course having five black queens does help tip things towards a queen of color winning - and the show looking odd if that doesn't happen, after Shea's experience.

But I'm for Asia and Miz Cracker.

And seeing that intolerable cunt Eureka booted NOW. (Although the word is she sticks around, after earlier rumors she gets an early boot.)

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2018 3:24 PM

I really like Eureka and don't get the dislike for her.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2018 3:38 PM

^ how? Eureka is annoying, not funny, immature

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2018 3:41 PM

R25 I don't find her that annoying. Aquaria and the Vixen are FAR more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2018 4:02 PM

R26 she's just big girl this and big girl that. No personality beyond I'm a big bitch. She doesn't have the life experience to be witty or funny. She says she's country as a biscuit but she's hardly that. She stayed indoors watching tv for the first 20 years of her life and never moved on in life..

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2018 10:10 PM

Count me in the ¨I like Eureka camp¨. She'sa annoying but well intentioned. That being said, she was better last season. Something is off this season.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2018 10:30 PM

What does Vangie look like out of drag?

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2018 11:33 PM

R29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2018 11:37 PM

Thanks R30, Vangie is a cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2018 12:03 AM

More of Boy Vanjie (a.k.a. Jose)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2018 12:07 AM

It’s only one person on this thread who cares about Vangie

Take it to tumblr

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2018 12:31 AM

R33, make that two, hoe!

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2018 12:58 AM

[quote]What does Vangie look like out of drag?

[quote]Is Raven good looking out of drag?

...have you ever seen the show?

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2018 1:06 AM

And it's not like you couldn't find out in five seconds on Google how they look out of drag. But no, you need DL to hold your hand.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2018 1:09 AM

Three

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2018 9:38 AM

Now that she's stirred the pot, Miss Phi Phi has had sufficient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2018 1:06 PM

Phi Phi is sociopathic indeed, what a total cunt of a person,

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2018 7:57 PM

I've been watching RPDR alumni in other venues, and I have to say Willam is brilliant on Eastsiders. He should get an Emmy nomination for Season 3 Episode 1 "Priscilla". It's all about his character Douglas/Gomorrah Ray.

Douglas and his boyfriend Quincy are my equivalent of TimOTay and Armie Baking Soda!

Here's a clip from the 'Priscilla' episode. It's on Netflix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2018 9:09 PM

I see that woman from that Off the Boat show is on Eastenders as well. Does she split shows or was her time in EE up?

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2018 9:19 PM

Is that the long running British soap opera? Or is it a new show that nobody watches?

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2018 9:31 PM

The only thing I want to watch Willam do is get hit by a truck.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2018 9:35 PM

Actually, a web series that nobody watches, R42.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2018 9:50 PM

“I’m praying to my sponge....”

Monet is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2018 12:17 AM

Eureka 'so looks were very good. All the queens brought it except the ones on the bottom.

How the hell is a white queen EVER supposed to win a lip-sync against a black queen??

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2018 4:16 AM

Very fun episode, a lot of good looks in that runway.

Monets fake out split was iconic, love when a queen can deliver something new to a lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2018 4:22 AM

[Quote]How the hell is a white queen EVER supposed to win a lip-sync against a black queen??

Season 9 finale ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2018 4:50 AM

Wow, Asia certainly did verbal gymnastics to avoid her Phi Phi connection - which Ru certainly knew. And would someone please just clock the living shit out of Vixen. So sick her her running her loud ass mouth.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2018 5:42 AM

Vixen was provoked by the bear in the elephant costume. Vixen is so damn sexy in drag...I'm not mad at her.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2018 5:55 AM

Vixen is provoked by air. Give it rest , low-rent bitch.

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2018 6:23 AM

Is there something in the Chicago water that makes the homos from there go crazy in a reality TV scenario? Phi Phi, Gia Gunn, that Sam Queen from Finding Prince Charming and now the Vixen, who is turning Untucked into 'watch the Vixen fight with someone new for 20 minutes'.

Another thumbs up vote for Eureka's looks this week, especially the Martian one. And even though I'm not a fan of either of them, Aquaria and Kameron are slaying the runway so far.

Does this mean there won't be a late-in-the-season ball / design challenge this time around?

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2018 6:47 AM

Who won, who lost?

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2018 7:40 AM

Aquaria & Dusty Bottoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2018 7:44 AM

I'm team Vixen in this Untucked episode. Eureka is one annoying fat bitch. She ADMITS not even 5 minutes later to Mayhem that she intentionally wanted to provoke her. Get the fuck out of here with that contrived BS just so you'd have more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2018 9:29 AM

Poor Eureka is just dumb

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2018 11:00 AM

Monet was actually basically correct. At the time of British colonization, people living in America and Britain spoke with the same accent (obviously). Since that time, the British accent has heavily diverged from what it was, while the accent in America has stayed roughly the same. The modern British accent is fairly new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2018 12:31 PM

Vixen needs to be put into an asylum. Or a prison. Whichever's the closest and cheapest for the taxpayers. That Untucked shit was simply [italic]unreal.[/italic] I always marvel at adult people acting this way.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2018 12:36 PM

Vixen came off much better than Eureka IMO. I liked Eureka last season, but she's losing me. Her looks were great this episode, but she was insufferable in Untucked. "I was testing her—I was testing her." Anyone who says they are "testing someone," or who feels the need to test someone, is very suspect. I think the poster who said she's just dumb is sadly correct.

I think Kameron should go. She has some okay looks, but the looks always wear her and not the other around.

I love Dusty, but I think her elimination was fair. Her look last week was so rough.

Aquaria clearly won this week. None of the other queens came anywhere close to touching her, not even my fave Miz Cracker.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2018 12:55 PM

God that lipsync

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2018 1:18 PM

I find Monet X Change's drag so far to be really unfinished or just plain uninspired, especially when compared to his New York sisters Cracker and Aquaria. That matted and cheap looking fluorescent Halloween store bargain bin wig he wore for the Alaskan winter look was just terrible and probably not what Ru had in mind when he suggested exploring different wig styles. Thankfully, he's got a charming personality and can lip sync like nobody's business, but a "look queen" he is not.

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2018 1:35 PM

Is Eureka dumb? Yes. But every Untucked so far has consisted of Vixen screaming at someone. She apparently knows no other way to communicate. It's tiresome. I wish the other queens would just ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2018 2:53 PM

The Vixen is annoying. So is Eureka. But the Vixen is worse.

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2018 3:15 PM

I became intrigued about Monet when Miz C said that the crowds flock to her.

Has anyone seen Monet perform? If she’s a talented performer, I hope we will get to see that on the show before she sashays away.

Prediction: Kameron goes home very soon.

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2018 3:27 PM

I've read that Kameron goes pretty far, but that might be incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2018 3:31 PM

He'll go far but not to the finals - he's hot but not that great otherwise. So he'll be there to get the muscle queens watching.

by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]If she’s a talented performer, I hope we will get to see that on the show before she sashays away.

Did she see her in that lip sync? You get why she is one of the most popular drag queens in NY.

She has a great personality that works well for hosting a drag show and she is an entertaining lip syncher.

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2018 3:34 PM

Kameron goes far?? How is that even possible?? She's so boring.

I think Monet lucked out by being in the bottom 2—because she got to do that lip sync and show what she's got.

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2018 3:36 PM

Has Kameron even had a single confessional segment this season, apart from the first episode? I can't seem to recall any. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2018 3:36 PM

People had been doing so great about not posting spoilers in this thread, c'mon people, just let people watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2018 3:36 PM

[quote]Has Kameron even had a single confessional segment this season, apart from the first episode? I can't seem to recall any. Ouch.

Someone on reddit tracks this. Kameron is of course in last place, he has only had 3 confessionals all season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2018 3:39 PM

Even though there was no way for her to shantay and Monét mopped the floor with her, Dusty Ray sucked it up and gave 100% on the lip-sync, which merited a compliment from Ru. I read a rumor on Reddit, though, that she and production have instituted consequences for not lip-syncing after last season—e.g., being banned from the finale/reunion, no deals with WOW, getting blacklisted from clubs/DragCon, etc.

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2018 3:41 PM

r71 Oh, God, but [italic]of course[/italic] someone keeps track of that.

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2018 3:52 PM

[quote]Wow, Asia certainly did verbal gymnastics to avoid her Phi Phi connection - which Ru certainly knew.

I cackled when I realized Asia and Ru seriously had a whole conversation about the O'Hara drag haus without mentioning PHI PHI two time contestant on the show who is Asia's drag daughter.

Damn, Asia is pulling a Mariah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2018 3:52 PM

Monet's performance was one of my favorite lip syncs of all time. I watched it 3 times in a row last night and twice while getting ready for work today. Someone post a link, please.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2018 4:01 PM

Here ya go r75.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2018 4:09 PM

Re: How long Kameron will last... mostly rumors.... maybe spoilerish....

She will be a lip synch assassin and starts landing in the bottom halfway in the competition due to lacking charisma. She hits the bottom the most and causes a controversial elimination of a front running queen who loses a lip synchs to her.

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2018 4:32 PM

The wonderful @lgbtvelour on Twitter has every LSFYL since Season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2018 4:34 PM

If people wanted to know spoilers they would go read them themselves r77.

by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2018 4:37 PM

R77, there are no spoilers idiot only rumors. For example another on is that Asia and Cracker are final two but then again who isn’t speculating that already?

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2018 4:51 PM

That would mean they're narrowing down to a final two before the finale, and not a final 3 or 4. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2018 4:56 PM

It was a surprising and sweet moment that all the queens vouched for Asia on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2018 9:31 PM

I love this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2018 9:40 PM

Some real Drag Race drama. Derrick Barry's talent is getting very drunk and spilling T. Until they remove him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2018 1:02 AM

r84 I looked that up yesterday after Trinity mentioned it at Roscoe's viewing party. So much cringe and even his third couldn't control him. I just wish he and his other two thirds would go away forever. They're untalented and gross.

by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2018 10:33 AM

Watching the latest episode, it struck me that work room Ru has exactly the same mannerisms and acts like Stanford Blatch from SATC. Has this always been the case or is it new?

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2018 2:25 PM

[quote]Eureka 'so looks were very good

Nailing these runway looks when you are fat is not easy also. Eureka should have been in the top 3 because she managed to serve it for all three looks.

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2018 2:58 PM

The Vixen is one tiresome angry queen. Can't wait until they dispense of her.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2018 3:43 PM

So if you're Canadian and watching the show on OutTV, you already know who the top three queens of the season are....but you may not realize it.....

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2018 3:50 PM

Phi Phi let Asia know she sees that she ignored her existence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2018 6:42 PM

No Spoilers!!!!

Eureka is also very tall. Either 6’4” or 6’5”

Vixen doesn’t have the personality or look to pull off her stank, angry attitude. We put up with assholes when they have something to offer but if you’re just an asshole and nothing else, girl bye.

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2018 6:52 PM

I have to give it up for Eureka too. I've never seen a huge queen look that good. She created proportions that aren't there and her pin-up swimsuit was fantastically effective. I also think she made the most impressive looking runway look for her Mars Eleganza. It was complex looking, fit great, met the criteria and she made a divine headpiece. I loved little Aquaria but thought her lighting bolts were not inventive or well executed. Violet has done almost naked on the runway better and Valentina already won a challenge for black cardboard pieces stuck to your tuck and tits. Kameron and Eureka had three out of three successful ball looks, Aquaria & Mz. Cracker only two.

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2018 7:08 PM

I dislike Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2018 7:10 PM

I was reviewing the looks while watching Fashion Photo Ruview and the three queens they gave thumbs up for all three looks were Aquaria, Eureka and Mayhem. And taking a second look at the looks I agree with them.

Both Miz Cracker and Kameron's swimsuit looks had problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2018 7:17 PM

Valentina didn't actually win a challenge with the black cardboard pieces (it was the Madonna runway theme from the Snatch Game episode), but I understand your point, R92.

I've seen Eureka say more than once that Delta Work from Season 3 is a big (no pun intended) inspiration to her, and Delta was one of the few big girls on the show that didn't struggle with the design challenges. Latrice, Stacy Layne, Porkchop, all went home after a design challenge (and S2 Mystique probably should have). I liked Delta's Kwanzaa look from the Christmas challenge better than any of the drag she actually brought (and this is coming from someone who couldn't stand her during that season).

If Eureka wasn't fourth in that last challenge, I'd be shocked (and personally I think that with that many queens, there should be a top 4 and bottom 4, with eight of them getting critiques).

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2018 7:26 PM

I've always thought Delta was the most beautiful of the big girls they've had on, but she was a nasty, bitter cunt on S3 and continues to be on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2018 7:39 PM

Yeah I thought Delta Work came off terribly in S3, I didn't like her at all. And I actually enjoy an entertaining bitch (I liked Raven back in S2), but Delta was just not likable.

by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2018 7:44 PM

R89 I think I know what you're talking about....without giving anything away, does it have to do with a commercial that aired?

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2018 9:04 PM

Ok, I want to know. If Asia makes the final three, knock three times. She's my fave. The other two will be one of either Aquaria and Miz Cracker, Eureka or Mayhem. Wink at me if I'm right. Say SPOILER first for the children.

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2018 9:13 PM

Dear, god, just do it in another thread. Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2018 9:18 PM

Thank you, R100. I’d much rather listen to the opinions of DLers on the show than the straight fourteen year old girls who have co-opted. Can we please a have a thread without rumors or spoilers to dissect the episodes as they happen and save the later T for a spoiler thread? I’d hate to see this one die.

by Anonymousreply 101April 14, 2018 11:46 PM

*Co-opted the RPDR subreddit

by Anonymousreply 102April 14, 2018 11:47 PM

So are you saying you don't want to know that Asia O'Hara already has been leaked as the winner, R101?

Please let us know. We don't want to make any mistakes and ruin the season for you.

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2018 12:02 AM

You're an asshole, R103.

by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2018 1:02 AM

I can't tell you why I don't like Aquaria, but I don't. I feel like the Ball was early this season, because she is mostly just a look queen.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2018 1:09 AM

So this past ball episode was probably my favorite ever from any season in terms of runway looks. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every single look from every single girl in all 3 categories. Vixen and her fan, the multiple pin up inspired looks, Aquaria's wrestler. I am NOT a Eureka fan and generally don't like bigger girls for the reasons above posters said.. hard to get good shapes and figures, but she turned it out. I actually LOVED Asia's looks, the neon Lisa frank leopard leotard is so tacky it practically screams Miami lol. Her ball headpiece was amazing. Dusty's metal fairy was actually pretty cute and her snow queen was brilliant. Claps for all the queens this week. We need more challenges like this one. Give me more runways not more acting challenges!

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2018 1:14 AM

Yeah, I'm no fashionista by any stretch, but I've always liked the design challenges the most. Unless it involves someone with a lot of charisma like Bob, the acting challenges mostly disinterest me. That may be why I find Season 7 the least interesting season to re-watch.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2018 1:28 AM

Bob-lite has quite the set of boobies on him. Not fat man tits, he's got 16 year old girl boobies.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2018 2:25 AM

I'm sorry, but Monet is delusional. She really thought she was tops this week, when clearly ALL her looks were busted.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2018 2:42 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that r108!!

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2018 5:10 AM

....Vanjie

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2018 12:40 AM

VANJIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2018 1:18 AM

The Vixen is just a straight up cunt. She blasted Eureka for no reason. For some reason a lot of the black queens have a hate for Eureka, Asia did when they did the Pharmarusical, and Vixen did when they did the tap that app challenge. It's the same complaint, she is loud she is obnoxious. Duh she is a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2018 1:43 AM

I'm glad Asia wins the season.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2018 1:48 AM

R104, calm down. Those brittle bones are apt to snap and crumble under the strain of not being able to take a joke.

Because of course the winner hasn't been selected yet, R104. And as for assholes, the smell here seems to be coming from your vicinity.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2018 1:51 AM

r114 hahahahahahahahahahah no.

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2018 1:53 AM

The Vixen is a cunt, but Eureka started shit with her and even said as much.

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2018 1:54 AM

Yeah the winner hasn't even been decided yet, no one knows who won, not even the finalist.

Wonder if Ru is going to do another lip sync tournament.

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2018 1:55 AM

R117 Eureka was just trying to defuse the situation and take control of it because she felt like she got slapped down by the altercation. What Eureka said wasn't bad. They still have to work together. She was being the more mature person. Vixen is always ranty and unhinged at the slightest comment, trying to take it the worst way she can and then not listening or letting anyone speak while she goes off. If some bitch had clapped her hands together while talking to me that way, it would have been incredibly satisfying to sucker punch her. Real life is not emoji, people!

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2018 2:01 AM

R113 I know what you mean. The editors also seem to be trying to highlight whoever's complaints to create drama, but Eureka doesn't seem any more effervescent or talkative than the other queens. Usually the queens that seethe with irritation and jealousy during competitions end up sabotaging themselves, so let's hope that trend continues with Eureka's nemesi.

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2018 2:06 AM

Charlie Hides inserted herself into the Vixen drama earlier today. It was ill-advised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2018 3:02 AM

R121 Why? It sounds 100% accurate to me

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2018 3:04 AM

R96 I agree with you about Delta's bitter, nasty disposition. I wish I had been a queen on that season when they started that whole Heathers and Boogers thing. I would have told them flat out: "I've seen the movie, and Delta you're too fucking fat to be a Heather, Raja you're too Ichabod Crane freakishly tall to be a Heather and Manilla and Carmen you're too Asian and Latino to be Heathers. Go watch that movie again cunts!" And then I would be eliminated because I can't sew.

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2018 3:19 AM

Delta was so desperate to be accepted as a Heather, she was the only one who really seemed to take all that stuff seriously.

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2018 3:22 AM

I thought they were really awful to Stacey Layne. It hurt my heart and made me dislike them to this day.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2018 3:24 AM

Raja is a pretentious cunt, Delta is as unhappy as she looks and Carmen is a moron. Manila I forgive. He's funny and he was kind to Shangela and Alexis when the others weren't looking. I remember that final three challenge when they were dressed as classical Greek statues and Raja was such a dude. To this day I don't get him at all. The other queens show him respect because he's an old club kid and I think connected enough to spread a lot of nastiness. But he's fake as hell and an ugly woman.

Raven was a complete bitch on Season 2 and often still is but there's humor in that one and strong opinions without the pretense of knowing it all or taking stuff too seriously. You can tell who he likes and doesn't, not just with their fashion. He's loyal to his friends. When he was young and thin he was a fierce bitch on stage too. I kind of love him.

by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2018 4:30 AM

At 6'5 I wonder if Eureka is built to scale.

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2018 5:41 AM

Charlie used to do a cringy blackface character named Laquisha Jonz for her club act and YouTube channel. She retired the character three years ago after she became the target of an online petition, and she did an interview where she publicly apologized, but The Vixen pounced on it like others have been doing about Eureka's video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2018 6:54 AM

Eureka's video?

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2018 1:02 PM

There is a video from 6 years ago where Eureka is singing along to a song saying the n-word. She has apologized for it and has admitted she was young and stupid and doesn't do that anymore, but some people can't let shit go. She obviously didn't intend harm by it.

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2018 1:04 PM

R130, as a black person this drives me insane. I don't believe anyone should say the word, black or white. It's a horrible word. I don't believe in the whole taking it back and negating its power bullshit. But that word is in a lot of popular music and these young white kids are buying this music and singing/rapping along with the lyrics then people get upset because they're saying the n word when these kids, most of the time, don't know what they're saying or don't understand what they're saying and why it's wrong. The whole controversy is ridiculous.

And Vixen is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2018 1:12 PM

People like Vixen look for shit like that and then use it as a "but you did this, so you're horrible forever" insult to shut people down when they are losing an argument. She's like the mean cunt in the playground who tells you that she hopes your mom dies of cancer because you bumped into her - she is a scorched-earth arguer who want to feel like they've gotten the upper hand, no matter what. She must really be horrible inside to have such an attitude about life and others she encounters. She's not funny, or witty, in her responses, she's just a disgusting person who won't stop talking (and clapping like an idiot seal) to hear how she sounds to others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2018 1:15 PM

Are they planning on doing a snatch game this season....seems like its a little late, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2018 2:24 PM

R133 what? Its definitely not to late. They usually lose a couple queens than they have now before they do the snatch game. I'd guess it'll be in 2 episodes?

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2018 3:11 PM

Yeah they have 10 queens left right now, Snatch Game will probably occur when they have 8 left.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2018 3:13 PM

It's usually 8 or 9 queens that do snatch

by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2018 3:15 PM

I hope we get a good snatch game, not one filled with Drag Race queens and reality stars (same thing, I guess).

by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2018 3:21 PM

We never get a good Snatch Game. One or two good participants per season is the norm.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2018 9:41 PM

Even though it hasn't been stated outright on the show yet (unless I missed it), you just know that the Vixen was heavily involved with BLM when they were in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2018 9:45 PM

I'm Team No One in Vixen v Eureka. Vixen makes herself look bad by her scorched earth style, as mentioned above. And Eureka can never hang back, not even for a second.

That said, as ridiculous as Aquaria's "crying" was when she couldn't defend her position, she had a point re The Vixen. There was entertainment value to Aquaria's comment about some of Vixen's best drag being borrowed. There was none to Vixen telling Aquaria that she's not funny.

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2018 9:48 PM

How random was that sugar daddy conversation?!

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2018 9:48 PM

Does anyone have Kameron pics pre lips and maybe with a bit more weight on his face? I give him credit for padding to a very feminine effect. His gaunt face sometimes works against him, like his glitter queen look (2nd look, I think).

by Anonymousreply 142April 16, 2018 9:51 PM

Kameron has suspiciously pronounced cheekbones too. I think he's had a lot of work done on his face.

by Anonymousreply 143April 16, 2018 9:55 PM

By the way, Snatch Game is usually the fifth episode of the season. Exceptions are season 7 where it wasn't until episode 7 (!) and season 9 where it was episode 6 (counting the first non-elimination episode with Lady Gaga).

by Anonymousreply 144April 16, 2018 9:55 PM

R143 and low body fat. And steroids? And meth? And Truvada?

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2018 1:03 AM

If I were a boy, I'd look more like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2018 1:09 AM

Kameron wears make up as a boy to accentuate his cheekbones. He has a youtube tutorial one it.

by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2018 1:11 AM

I don't understand this post, R146

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2018 1:11 AM

April Carrión from S6 is equally beautiful as a girl and a boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2018 4:12 AM

All the NY queens know and work with each other. I give Aquaria props for handling that sugar daddy question with grace.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2018 4:45 AM

Snatch Game is supposed to be next week. Some of the rumored impersonations are Aquaria as Melania Trump, Asia as Whitney Houston, and Eureka as Honey Boo Boo, all of which sound like great choices to me.

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2018 3:06 PM

If done well those will be good. Too often queens pick popular people that just aren't right for snatch game. For example Pink and Beyonce. They are great performers with seemingly good charisma but not personalities easy to make funny characters.

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2018 3:11 PM

[quote]Eureka as Honey Boo Boo

Oh, that's perfect, can't wait! She is going to nail that one, I'm sure. I quite like Kameron but I've got a feeling she's going to bomb this challenge about five different ways.

[quote]Aquaria as Melania Trump

Leave it to Aquaria to shoot for the stars. As Melania's cumpatriot (not a typo), I'll probably be cringing at her generic Russian accent throughout. But who knows, perhaps she'll pull some Laura Benanti genius shit and surprise us all in the end.

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2018 4:12 PM

Kamron will try to be funny and witty but will fail and will get one or more of those long RuPaul pauses after her responses. "Um... okay! Moving on... Melania, Lady Bunny's pussy was SO DRY, it was used to sandpaper her blank"

by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2018 6:40 PM

It would be funnier if Asia did Dionne Warwick. Every time Asia smiles, I'm reminded of Dee Dee Warwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2018 6:52 PM

R153

Are you saying you're an Eastern (Central?) European whore?

by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2018 6:54 PM

To me, Asia looks a bit like Tito Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 157April 17, 2018 8:44 PM

Your next episode preview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 17, 2018 10:41 PM

Hope the Vixens decision to put Aquaria and Eureka together backfires on her, the stupid bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 159April 18, 2018 12:11 AM

At the last second of the preview.. "We're doing Craker and Aquaria" OMFG I am so ready for this. Shady bitches, I live!

by Anonymousreply 160April 18, 2018 1:36 AM

Ouch. Robbie Turner was in a uber that got hit by a drunk driver. The uber driver died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 18, 2018 6:18 PM

"For some reason a lot of the black queens have a hate for Eureka, "

I wonder what that reason could be. It couldn't possibly be Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 162April 19, 2018 12:50 AM

All signs are pointing to Robbie Turner having lied about the death of her Uber driver—and indeed having lied about the accident all together. What a goddamn mess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 19, 2018 2:26 AM

Yikes r163. He is a fuckin nutcase to lie about that. Also an idiot, because he should know he would get called out.

by Anonymousreply 164April 19, 2018 2:29 AM

The drunk driver's car was identified by it's license plate - ms van g

by Anonymousreply 165April 19, 2018 2:52 AM

Lol r165

by Anonymousreply 166April 19, 2018 3:26 AM

Robbie is the hottest ass mess right now. Who the fuck thinks they can get away with lying like this? Trump is rubbing off on all of us

by Anonymousreply 167April 19, 2018 3:45 AM

He is a pathological liar. We've all known them. They can't stop lying, will lie for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 168April 19, 2018 3:54 AM

I always saw Robbie as negative and immediately pegged him as the bitchy but tries to play it off as sarcasm but is really just bitter type person.. but this is too much. He's not in the spotlight so he thinks this is a good idea to steal it back? Ew Jesus gross

by Anonymousreply 169April 19, 2018 4:02 AM

The stupidest part is that she probably would’ve been invited back for All Stars at some point. The only thing that died that night was her career.

by Anonymousreply 170April 19, 2018 4:31 AM

I was in the Strand bookstore this weekend and this group of teens--girls and guys--were shopping in my vacinty. I wasn't paying attention to them until I overheard them start chanting.."Miss Vanjie..Miss Vanjie..."

I didn't mean to, but I started laughing and they laughed and one high fived me.

It was a fun moment, but then I started thinking they may be some of those annoying teen Instagram/Reddit fans.

by Anonymousreply 171April 19, 2018 4:54 AM

Robbie Turner is a sad kind of thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 172April 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Nancy Drew at Reddit gathers other examples of Robbie's tendency toward tall tales. He's also reportedly lied about having cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 19, 2018 5:56 AM

Jeremy Baird is his real name? WTF! That's better than the made up name I thought was real. Now I REALLY don't care for him.

by Anonymousreply 174April 19, 2018 5:59 AM

I didn't see the Eureka video of her saying "n*gga", but if she was singing along to something, it was likely a rap song, if that word was used. I doubt it was a song with the word "n*gger". There's a big difference between being racist and cultural appropriation. Lots of white people sing along to rap songs...just saying.

by Anonymousreply 175April 19, 2018 6:40 AM

I just find Eureka annoying. All she ever talks about is being fat. She's probably one of my least favourite "big gal" contestants on RPDR. And I can't believe she was saying she had post traumatic stress disorder from injuring her knee.

by Anonymousreply 176April 19, 2018 7:00 AM

To be fair she had knee surgery and that seldom goes perfectly. I doubt she had 6 months to heal before Season 10. For someone Eureka's size to be doing death drops is dangerous. Shangela broke her leg on stage with the bone protruding right through the skin and he's a tiny thing. I can Eureka's fear of performing at the level and pace required during drag race taping. I'm sure it is traumatic. But yes, she does go on.

by Anonymousreply 177April 19, 2018 7:14 AM

*understand

by Anonymousreply 178April 19, 2018 7:18 AM

Robbie made it up

by Anonymousreply 179April 19, 2018 12:13 PM

Wow, R173, Robbie is a freaking piece of work. None of those stories sound even remotely believable.

by Anonymousreply 180April 19, 2018 12:45 PM

[quote]And I can't believe she was saying she had post traumatic stress disorder from injuring her knee.

I can speak from experience, when that happens you are always nervous that it will happen again. I hurt my knee walking down the stairs a year ago. Stairs sill terrify me a year later. My doctor says that it's a normal reaction.

by Anonymousreply 181April 19, 2018 12:55 PM

I am cackling at the idea of an 8 year-old recognizing Robbie Turner out of drag at a fast food joint.

by Anonymousreply 182April 19, 2018 12:58 PM

R171 because the DL is so much classier than Reddit lol

by Anonymousreply 183April 19, 2018 1:08 PM

I think we’re classier in the sense that we know good drag and we don’t need them to be “sweet” to like them.

Those eleven year old girls with zero taste stan the worst queens like Mrs Kasha Davis

by Anonymousreply 184April 19, 2018 6:14 PM

R184 take that back you stoopid bitch. There's always time for a COCKtail!

by Anonymousreply 185April 19, 2018 6:16 PM

Dead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 19, 2018 6:46 PM

Robbie was fired from her gig at her hometown Seattle bar. It's being presented as a temporary leave of absence, but, well...

And all of this for what? A few extra retweets? It's quite sad.

by Anonymousreply 187April 19, 2018 7:39 PM

Maybe Brian/Katya can share the name of her psychologist with Jeremy/Robbie

Who will be the third queen to lose her glittery marbles?

by Anonymousreply 188April 19, 2018 8:18 PM

I just cannot figure out Turners motivation....stupid or as mad as a meat axe?

by Anonymousreply 189April 19, 2018 9:01 PM

Did you not see his other lies someone linked to? He tells lies on a regular basis. You are expecting a rational answer when the answer is he is just a compulsive liar.

by Anonymousreply 190April 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Robbie Turner's Uber driver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 19, 2018 9:05 PM

DAfuq kinda Bieber headed karbdashian monster

by Anonymousreply 192April 19, 2018 9:16 PM

R190 Bit of a giant leap from 'A 5 year old rcognized me' to this total mess

by Anonymousreply 193April 19, 2018 11:09 PM

Has Jinkx weighed in yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 19, 2018 11:16 PM

Jinx turned Robbie into a chair then flew across the moon!

by Anonymousreply 195April 19, 2018 11:22 PM

The Sexy Babies scene cracked me up

by Anonymousreply 196April 20, 2018 1:00 AM

More air guitar in the LSFYL.

by Anonymousreply 197April 20, 2018 1:28 AM

Surprising sashay tonight

by Anonymousreply 198April 20, 2018 1:29 AM

R198 - I completely agree. I think it should have gone the other way.

by Anonymousreply 199April 20, 2018 1:31 AM

I figured out what bothers me about Eureka. When she talks to black people she goes into Ebonics. I hate when white people do this and lots do.

by Anonymousreply 200April 20, 2018 3:45 AM

Monet probably still deserved to win, but that lip sync was kinda a mess. She did not kill it like last week. She had lots of stunts prepared which was able to carry her to the win.

I had higher hopes for her, but Monet is definitely no Bob. A supposed comedy queen who is disappointing in every comedy challenge.

by Anonymousreply 201April 20, 2018 3:46 AM

I thought that Ru would be turned off by Monet’s lip sync stunts this week.

by Anonymousreply 202April 20, 2018 3:59 AM

Monet’s stunts worked with the song to create a performance. And at least the was another wig underneath the one she ripped off.

by Anonymousreply 203April 20, 2018 4:09 AM

Can't see Monet going much further and if she keeps landing in the bottom she doesn't deserve to. I don't care how good her lipsync is.

by Anonymousreply 204April 20, 2018 4:16 AM

I never thought M.Miller brought it.

by Anonymousreply 205April 20, 2018 4:55 AM

Mayhem seems like a very sweet person, but pretty average as a drag queen. I think that Cracker should have won, and that Vixen should have been in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 206April 20, 2018 5:01 AM

[quote]I don't think we need physical confirmation.

The Vixen is badass.

Miss Vangie was prominent as hell in this episode! It kills me that Ru is so taped and glued and pullied together that he can't fully laugh and refuses to turn his head on the judging panel. It used to be a funny contrivance, now it's a reality. RuPaul looks kind of elderly in drag this year. Find that filter.

Asia O'Hara or Eureka are going to win. I know everyone likes Mz. Cracker but she isn't that great at runway or in challenges. Good, not great. Funny in real life, sure, but Aquaria still manages to outshine her. Of all the queens ever to appear on Drag Race, Asia reminds me the most of a younger RuPaul. She's more beautiful and exotic looking than Ru but they have a similar combination of physical grace, humor and professionalism. Asia is the real mother of the season. Eureka had a good episode, he's a big baby all right.

Mayhem is sweet and pretty, but it was time. She's inappropriately named.

by Anonymousreply 207April 20, 2018 5:04 AM

Asia has had exactly one good runway look. She needs to bring it more in challenges if she has a hope of winning. I love that Vixen's shade on Cracker and Aquaria fell so flat. She's loud, but she's not very clever. If you pay attention, Ru seems very smitten by Cracker, Aquaria, and Blair.

by Anonymousreply 208April 20, 2018 5:09 AM

Cracker for the win!

by Anonymousreply 209April 20, 2018 5:11 AM

Trailer for Bianca's film

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 20, 2018 12:04 PM

[quote]Of all the queens ever to appear on Drag Race, Asia reminds me the most of a younger RuPaul. She's more beautiful and exotic looking than Ru but they have a similar combination of physical grace, humor and professionalism

I agree with this.

by Anonymousreply 211April 20, 2018 12:10 PM

Wow, Monét is certainly no Bob - Bob would never be upstaged in an acting challenge by freakin' KAMERON MICHAELS. Also, and I know some will disagree with me, but Bob never looked that sloppy on the runway when it came to outfits and silhouettes. She struggled with makeup, sure, but she never delivered Leslie-Jones-from-the-neck-down, like Monét has been doing.

Mayhem had none of the killer instinct needed to win. Unfortunately, we can all see why it took her so long to get on the show.

Miz Cracker actually had the nerve to say on Untucked this week that she has self-confidence issues.... bitch please. She's been in the top four times in five episodes and is way overdue for a win.

Looks like we'll have to wait until episode 7 for Snatch Game, just like in Season 7.

by Anonymousreply 212April 20, 2018 2:11 PM

Kameron has all the signs of a sex abuse victim (face augmentation, covered in tatts, muscles). I wonder if we will get that story on the show. It could be powerful and meaningful for the young audience.

by Anonymousreply 213April 20, 2018 2:29 PM

R213 Ya there's something more going with Kameron. At first I just thought maybe he was just the introverted, shy artistic type, but he's so far in the background that I forget he's still in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 214April 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Question: if a 'straight' man said that he was into having sex with men and women, would you guys still consider him to be straight? Of course not, everyone would correctly point out that this guy is bisexual. And yet when 'gay' men such as Asia O'Hara and Cameron Michaels say exactly the same thing on Untucked they are still considered gay? Huh, I don't get it. If 'gay' now means you are sexually into both men and women then what's the point of the word 'bisexual'?

by Anonymousreply 215April 21, 2018 12:24 AM

Thanks for posting the trailer R210 I liked the first Hurricane Bianca movie, this one looks good too and it had Katya in it!

by Anonymousreply 216April 21, 2018 12:32 AM

I feel like the plot of the new Bianca movie is gonna be real fast and loose. More of a series of many many drag queen cameos than an actual cohesive movie narrative. Although I spy Matthew Camp as a sexy police guard so I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 217April 21, 2018 1:54 AM

Self-identified straight men have sex with men all the time r215, have you heard of the gay porn industry? Half those dudes consider themselves straight.

by Anonymousreply 218April 21, 2018 1:57 AM

"Consider"

by Anonymousreply 219April 21, 2018 1:58 AM

There’s no such thing as bisexual but you all know that already

by Anonymousreply 220April 21, 2018 2:00 AM

Is Bianca’s new flick download only? Or is it going to theatres? Looks dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 221April 21, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote]Mayhem is sweet and pretty, but it was time. She's inappropriately named.

I was actually really surprised by how likable she turned out to be. For years before she got on, people would post "tea" in pre-season speculation threads about what a horrible person she was. I guess that was guilt by association with the other WeHo queens (Willam, Detox, Vicky Vox, Morgan McMichaels, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 222April 21, 2018 2:07 AM

May I ask how old you are, R220? It's shocking that there are still people who don't believe in bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 223April 21, 2018 2:07 AM

I have to wonder if they mean women with vaginas or or women with penises.

by Anonymousreply 224April 21, 2018 2:27 AM

Not S10-related, but it made me Latrice-cackle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 21, 2018 2:59 AM

Anyone else find this episode perhaps the worst ever? The maxi challenge was just a mess with no laughs to be had and the "Denim & Diamonds" runway was awful. It was just a really bizarre misguided episode.

by Anonymousreply 226April 21, 2018 6:53 AM

Not the worst ever, there are a lot of contenders for that title, but it was pretty bad. The lip sync was the biggest mess ever though. Monet had some props but she looked a mess with her man wig and pants round her ankles and Mayhem did look like a kid at a pageant skipping around. Nothing wrong with Shania's song, but it needed some sexy queens with high boots and real attitude - Alyssa and Tattiana. The mini challenge was pretty bad too. Remember when they dressed in prison garb for a mini-challenge? Or the real housewives tagline spoof? Both were fucking funny. And that was season 7. It had a better cast and challenges than people appreciated at the time. This season is still better all things considered. It was a just a very bad week, mostly because of the moronic premises of the main challenge. Afraid of pickles, in love with a cactus?

by Anonymousreply 227April 21, 2018 7:08 AM

Happy for Eureka!

It's hysterical that that bitch Vixen's plan fell apart so spectacularly!! She should have gone home. Her performance and runway were absolute trash.

Do feel bad for Mayhem.

Ross should really get a talk show, he's hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 228April 21, 2018 7:33 AM

Vixen looks like shit on every runway

by Anonymousreply 229April 21, 2018 7:37 AM

The Vixen has won 2 mini challenges and one main challenge. She's yet to LSFYL and she's still there. Not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 230April 21, 2018 8:53 AM

R230 Kept for the drama not for the look or the talent imo

by Anonymousreply 231April 21, 2018 9:16 AM

I'm from Chicago bitch. Come for the drama, stay for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 21, 2018 10:15 AM

r232 Do you maybe know why their latest show cut off after half an hour? Did their camera die or was it just not very interesting towards the end?

by Anonymousreply 233April 21, 2018 10:20 AM

r226 I also think it wasn't the worst but it [italic]was[/italic] criminally boring. Without the accompanying drama, it would be borderline unwatchable.

Bob runs laps around Monet in the comedy department, doesn't he? I didn't appreciate him enough when he was on the show and now I'm bored by his cheap knockoffs.

Kameron bisexual? Well, now I've heard it all. And he's the prime example of people compensating for their lack of personality with tats. There's nothing there once you get past the tats and the muscles and the veneers, is there? He's nice enough but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 234April 21, 2018 10:33 AM

Every time Vixen speaks I just hear the sound of a toilet flushing.

by Anonymousreply 235April 21, 2018 10:51 AM

Blair is a non-entity.

by Anonymousreply 236April 21, 2018 11:03 AM

The Vixen is fierce. Give that chick a bigger stage and watch out. Aquaria, Blair or Miz Cracker can't beat The Vixen in a lip sync. Neither can Monet at this point in the season. The Vixen ain't leaving anytime soon. She's got wild sexual energy, is a hot confident performer and can dance her sexy little butt off. Everyone knows which two white girls go against each other next and only one will stay....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 21, 2018 11:13 AM

The Vixen is a threadbare ratty old-school drag queen. I think young people wouldn't appreciate the charms of that, unless they are from an American big city ghetto. Out of drag, and with no make up, Anthony Taylor is attractive, good bones. I am not a big fan of what he's doing on this show, however.

by Anonymousreply 238April 21, 2018 12:22 PM

r237 "wild sexual energy" = "a case of super chlamydia"

by Anonymousreply 239April 21, 2018 12:44 PM

What happened to Snatch Game? Isn't it usually in episode 4?

by Anonymousreply 240April 21, 2018 12:57 PM

[quote]It's hysterical that that bitch Vixen's plan fell apart so spectacularly!! She should have gone home. Her performance and runway were absolute trash.

[quote]Vixen looks like shit on every runway

You guys are letting your hate for Vixen drive you crazy, her runway was killer this week.

by Anonymousreply 241April 21, 2018 1:50 PM

The denim look was the first time where the Vixen truly looked polished and not a basic drag look this season.

by Anonymousreply 242April 21, 2018 2:08 PM

Her look saved her ass this week.

by Anonymousreply 243April 21, 2018 2:09 PM

[quote]Self-identified straight men have sex with men all the time [R215], have you heard of the gay porn industry? Half those dudes consider themselves straight.

r218, porn is filmed prostitution and involves payment for services. It's a completely different story. And even with the addition of money to the mix, many people still wouldn't consider these men straight.

What I am talking about is what people do in their private lives, where no exchange of money occurs. If a straight-identified adult male came out and said that he has sex with both men and women but still considers himself to be straight this statement would spark a discussion. The truth is that most people would consider this man to be bisexual, regardless of how he self identifies.

But when self-identified 'gay' men like Asia O'hara and Cameron Michaels talk about having sex with men and women (AFTER coming out) they are still considered by most to be gay. Why the difference?

by Anonymousreply 244April 21, 2018 3:23 PM

If Kameron and Asia still currently would want to have sex with women, how could they be considered gay?

by Anonymousreply 245April 21, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote]Mayhem had none of the killer instinct needed to win. Unfortunately, we can all see why it took her so long to get on the show.

Yep, I liked Mayhem, he seems like a genuine, sweet person. But I completely get why he struggled to get on when all his LA friends were getting cast. He just doesn't have the personality needed, doesn't have that fire to be a star.

by Anonymousreply 246April 21, 2018 4:00 PM

I know it's probably considered blasphemy to some but I think the show would be a lot lighter and more fun if they got rid of RuPaul and Michell.

by Anonymousreply 247April 21, 2018 7:13 PM

And replace them with who?

by Anonymousreply 248April 21, 2018 7:19 PM

What r247? This show is RuPaul's brainchild that no one thought would as successful as it was, and he is a great host. Very comfortable in front of the camera and great at delivering his funny lines. As a drag queen that really did manage to claw his way into public arena he is the natural person to host this.

by Anonymousreply 249April 21, 2018 7:30 PM

I agree with r247, their jokes and lingo are tired and elderly, Michelle thinks she's top shit and Ru definitely thinks she's top shit, and I'm SO sick of looking at Michelle's enormous fake tits that if she untethered likely drop to her knees. And I'm tired of her accent. The old Vaudeville crap and the "How's your head?" joke that was funny a century ago, meh.

I think a lot of the bad tropes that they keep using are from Ru. And Ru is also responsible for making VANGIE into a thing, when in reality it should be smothered with a pillow, along with Vixen. For that alone she should be tossed in an active volcano.

If RuPaul hadn't made the show, someone else would have - it's not like it's a hugely imaginative concept - and we wouldn't have had to deal with Tyra as a queen. Everyone at the time was making "America's Next X!". Hell, even Elvira had a "Next Elvira!" series for a season at the time.

by Anonymousreply 250April 21, 2018 7:32 PM

I'd like to hear an answer to r248's question, who do you think should be hosting this instead?

by Anonymousreply 251April 21, 2018 7:38 PM

Ru is to be applauded for what he's accomplished I agree but his history of playing favorites and outright banning some queens from his show and events for not paying him the proper "respect" he thinks he deserves makes for a boring show.

by Anonymousreply 252April 21, 2018 7:43 PM

Yeah I'm not saying Ru wasn't a good entertainer - at one time - and has accomplished a lot, but retire already!

by Anonymousreply 253April 21, 2018 7:46 PM

Alaska is the obvious answer to replace Ru. She loves the show and it's history, is funny to some in or out of drag and can serve many different looks, given enough money and time. He knows how to talk to people, takes real delight in other's talents and is a pretty versatile talent himself. He sings as well as RuPaul too. (not great) Alaska is the only alumni who could host the show. Shangela is too tiring and limited and Bianca is too abrasive and limited. I'd watch the show with Alaska and a new sidekick, maybe someone who knew a lot about fashion. Raja? Ugh. No, that gorgeous guy from The Bitchelor! yes.

by Anonymousreply 254April 21, 2018 7:48 PM

I knew the answer would be Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 255April 21, 2018 7:50 PM

Alaska's got that vocal fry though, which is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 256April 21, 2018 7:50 PM

As long as it's not that talentless bitch Raja, I don't want to have to stare at her resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 257April 21, 2018 7:54 PM

I’m always amused by those who think RuPaul would or could be replaced on his eponymous show which he created. I’m guessing these are pie-in-the-sky youngsters who don’t understand how the entertainment industry works, On another thread some presumably young poster said “they should replace her.” THEY are RuPaul. No RuPaul = no show. He is the franchise.

Replacing him will never happen since it’s his ballpark, for better or worse. RuPaul’s decades-long career, name recognition and public acceptance made the show possible. Everyone knows the name RuPaul, even people who don’t follow drag.

If you don’t like it, stop watching. Start your own production company, pay Alaska for her talents and the rights to use her name, lease studio space, find a network to broadcast it, advertise it, staff it, etc. It’ll only take a few million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 258April 21, 2018 8:39 PM

I don't think Ru should be replaced but I wouldn't mind seeing past winners like Alaska come back as guest judges

by Anonymousreply 259April 21, 2018 8:45 PM

r258 no one thinks he could or would be replaced unless he wanted to, and your assumptions are as wrong as you are ignorant. We're just stating that we think it would be a better show if he did. Why does that make you so angry?

by Anonymousreply 260April 21, 2018 8:45 PM

They need better writers. And a creative to come up with more apt challenges... In love with a catus?? Lame.

by Anonymousreply 261April 21, 2018 9:04 PM

Can't stand Alaska's fry. She doesn't have the gravitas to dispense life affirming phrases or encouragements like Ru does. R250, Ru is also responsible for other shows as well:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 21, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]If you don’t like it, stop watching. Start your own production company, pay Alaska for her talents and the rights to use her name, lease studio space, find a network to broadcast it, advertise it, staff it, etc. It’ll only take a few million dollars.

r258, thank you! These people are so entitled. Ru, you can't say 'shemale'. Ru, you have to agree with our idea of drag by accepting transwomen, drag kings and women into the competition. Ru, you are old and decrepit, you should retire and hand over the reins to the show.

Why does it never occur to these people (including some of the complaining queens that the show made famous) to start their own damn show?

by Anonymousreply 263April 21, 2018 9:28 PM

What exactly do you like, R250?

by Anonymousreply 264April 21, 2018 9:32 PM

Wow, it's just a discussion. Some elders get very upset at the thought that Ru and his sidekicks, some of the challenges and much of the reality fuckery is getting old. He is replaceable when HE wants to be. Not before. The format of the show is fine, it's everything else that needs tweaking. Starting with host and judges. What exactly did Shania Twain or Courtney Love or Aguerla bring to the panel? Nothing but their names. The show has gone mainstream and soft, not unlike Ru, Michelle and Ross.

by Anonymousreply 265April 21, 2018 9:38 PM

Courtney love was wasted. As other potentially entertaining and perceptive guests are. I got a hint that Padma Lakshmi might have had some real editorial to add but all guests get is 10 second sound bites.

by Anonymousreply 266April 21, 2018 9:42 PM

*Aguilera

by Anonymousreply 267April 21, 2018 9:42 PM

At this stage, with all the complaining, they *should* launch Alaska Thunderfuck's Drag Race, with Peppermint and Sasha Velour as permanent judges, and Carmen Carrera as a recurring guest judge. A good rivalry would get everyone involved to 'step their pussies up' (sorry if the use of the word 'pussies' is problematic). Contestants in ATFDR can include drag kings, queers and fluids, and biological women. Challenges can focus around social justice, pronouns and being "woke".

Maybe I'd tune in for the first episodes like I used to do with the season premieres of American Idol with the best (& worst) of the open auditions.

by Anonymousreply 268April 21, 2018 9:44 PM

Padma is a huge fan of the show. She comments on contestant's Instagrams and was queening out on Twitter the night of her episode. She frequently posts gifs from Drag Race apropos of nothing.

I love her. She was also so good as a judge because her day job is hosting a reality TV show.

by Anonymousreply 269April 21, 2018 9:44 PM

I love Padma too, that's why I didn't mention her in my post. She has no gay career to resurrect and nothing to promote. She was fun and gorgeous, informed, alive and WOKE on the panel. Too bad that Ross, Carson and Michelle are so lame, relying more on puns and producers than any genuine criticism or real excitement. Michelle has to clean up so much of Ru's shit off camera that she will never disagree with him. Talk about reality show performers. Those 3 are so lucky to have this job. No one cares what the judges say anymore, they care about how the QUEENS respond on camera. And later on social media.

I like Ross, he has some talent of his own in a court jester kind of way. But he has no qualifications to judge acting or fashion challenges of professional Drag Queens though. He's too worried about being giggly and punny. Carson is a waste of peroxide.

by Anonymousreply 270April 21, 2018 10:04 PM

R265, R270 - Merle Ginsburg

by Anonymousreply 271April 21, 2018 10:12 PM

Sherry Vine should become the new host in 2019

by Anonymousreply 272April 21, 2018 10:18 PM

I like Ross!

by Anonymousreply 273April 21, 2018 10:19 PM

Maybe I'm old and not remembering correctly, but hasn't RuPaul decreased the amount of time he spends with the queens? Seems like maybe there have been fewer of his one on one workroom talks?

I already get the feeling he doesn't really have anything to do with them when the cameras are off.

This has probably been discussed before, but I don't follow all things RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 274April 21, 2018 10:25 PM

Does everything in 2018 have to be so deadly serious and humorless? Do we really need “professionals” and “renowned experts” to comment on the performances of drag queens? These are men flouncing around in dresses. Is that allowed to be silly and frivolous?

by Anonymousreply 275April 21, 2018 10:25 PM

Supposedly Ru doesn't even know or remember all of the queens' names.

by Anonymousreply 276April 21, 2018 10:28 PM

Rupaul hasn't performed in a niteclub since Bill Clinton was president

by Anonymousreply 277April 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Wow. People are suggesting people who have never worked as a drag queen or are even a gay man to host this show. Okay, I guess we have fallen that far.

by Anonymousreply 278April 22, 2018 12:14 AM

The only Ru replacement I'd accept is Dame Edna. Kenny can be a judge.

by Anonymousreply 279April 22, 2018 12:42 AM

I had no idea Shania Twain talks like Jennifer Coolidge in Best In Show.

by Anonymousreply 280April 22, 2018 12:43 AM

I don't think we need new hosts and judges—just new producers. Shake it up!

by Anonymousreply 281April 22, 2018 12:43 AM

I wonder if they tried to get a real 90s host for the main challenge. I like Ross ok but I wish they'd gotten Sally Jessy or the like - or a real comedian.

by Anonymousreply 282April 22, 2018 12:46 AM

Finally had a chance to watch this week's episode and skim the comments above. I'm always confused as to what Ross' talent actually is - comedian, I assume. I've seen comments such as he's so funny/witty but do people realize the majority (if not all) of what the judges say is scripted/suggested by the show. He really didn't do much this episode except set up the gags. Also, programming question - anyone know why this season seems to be featuring more odd-length episodes? There was one which was 2-hours, another which was an 1 -1/2 (according to my cable guide/DVR)

by Anonymousreply 283April 22, 2018 6:18 AM

A straight woman should host a show about a gay male cultural art form. Why do you need to look elsewhere for homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 284April 22, 2018 6:22 AM

Courtney Love brought that epic Celebrity Skin lipsynch so give her that.

by Anonymousreply 285April 22, 2018 8:20 AM

Miz Cracker might not win the season - I don’t know - but she’s already won. She’s a made drag queen now. People love her.

by Anonymousreply 286April 22, 2018 8:21 AM

Has anyone watched that show Dragula hosted by the Boulet brothers and if so is it good?

by Anonymousreply 287April 22, 2018 8:23 AM

Agree that Miz C doesn’t need to win, she’s blowing up thanks to the exposure alone. She’s the breakout star. The crowds for her appearances will be huge no matter when she sashays away.

by Anonymousreply 288April 22, 2018 9:21 AM

r288 especially when she begins the 2019 Race Wars by accidentally liking the wrong tweet (probably one from Tyra, if she's unbanned by then).

by Anonymousreply 289April 22, 2018 9:35 AM

Question what is the big deal about Miss Crackers name? I am in NZ and everytime people freak the fuck out I am lost, what is the story thanks x

by Anonymousreply 290April 22, 2018 9:43 AM

Cracker is what some black people call white people, it's a derogatory name, but white people don't really care about it. I think generally black people think it is worse than it actually is, or they mean it worse than white people take it, or something. It's definitely not the same as the "n" word.

by Anonymousreply 291April 22, 2018 9:45 AM

R291 Thanks, had heard it but didn't realize it is such a big deal

by Anonymousreply 292April 22, 2018 9:49 AM

Misshapen is not going to win. She looks like that pinhead girl from Freaks or AHS asylum. Eldergays and teenage girls always pick the same Drag Race winners. They like them to be homely and funny in a simple vaudeville kind of way. So you get Jinkx, Bianca, Trixie and Bob but they really loved Kimchi too. Homely sexless drag queens who can do a good Phyllis Diller or Judge Judy. Cornballs. Not in season 10 bitches. Someone glamorous is going to win. That rules out the Auschwitz Eating Disorder, Mitz Krakow.

by Anonymousreply 293April 22, 2018 9:51 AM

Meh, if we wanted someone glamorous (and fake), Valentina would have won last season.

by Anonymousreply 294April 22, 2018 9:58 AM

Glamourous queens have won plenty of times, beginning with seasons 1 and 2, all the way to Violet.

by Anonymousreply 295April 22, 2018 11:14 AM

But is it what drag is, or what drag was? or what it will be? Or drag in a sideways realm, where people are all drag queens and not wearing drag is the ultimate deviance? How will Drag Race solve this pressing issue??

by Anonymousreply 296April 22, 2018 11:38 AM

r287.....it's okay. It needs to be heavily edited. Season 2 is better.

by Anonymousreply 297April 22, 2018 1:59 PM

Canadian/Swiss Citizen and Kameron fave Shania Twain says in today's Guardian that she would vote for Donald Trump if she could. Because he's honest?!? Canada has white trash too, and she's named Eileen from Northern Ontario. Pee You Stania Twain. I hope Courtney Love beats your ass down and steals your voice decoder. This is why we can't have nice episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 22, 2018 8:23 PM

r298 The showbiz gods giveth, and the showbiz gods taketh away.

Dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 299April 22, 2018 10:58 PM

Cute deleted scene...y'all look like cats been lickin your head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 23, 2018 6:28 AM

The video at R300 is interesting. Vixen seems to be able to take the shade when coming from the black queens. Can you imagine if Aquaria said that when Vixen"got out of drag she looked like a cat had been licking her head." That seems a little more cutting and personal of a statement than "you borrowed your best drag." Vixen seems to pick her enemies by the color of their Dermablend.

by Anonymousreply 301April 23, 2018 6:43 PM

The Vixen is cute. Black people naturally let their edges show and their guard down more around each other. Same as any other season of Drag Race & the human race.

by Anonymousreply 302April 23, 2018 6:56 PM

r302 are you excusing Vixen's obvious racism?

by Anonymousreply 303April 23, 2018 6:59 PM

Very cute video, R300. Thanks for posting. I love Monique so much.

You're a bore, R301/R303.

by Anonymousreply 304April 23, 2018 7:00 PM

r304 tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 305April 23, 2018 7:03 PM

R290, "cracker" was also used in the slave-era South as a name for a white person too poor to own slaves, who worked for plantation owners as someone who literally cracked a whip at slaves to keep them working.

There are multiple uses and even origins of the word, co-opted with different meanings along through history, but the contentiousness of it on RPDR was related to its use in the slave-era American South. It's now pretty common to use the word generally as a substitute for "poor, white trash".

by Anonymousreply 306April 23, 2018 7:08 PM

r302 I know what you are saying, which is why I used the shade reference I did rather than the bush baby comment, cause bush baby coming from anybody but another black person would be racist. Of course we all let our guard down with our "friends" and allow for much more playful banter from those we identify, but these are drag queens. They are known for throwing shade. If you have spent any time in a dressing room with a group of drag queens it is a nonstop one-upping and shade-throwing extravaganza. All for laughs. Vixen chose to take that comment from Aquaria and make it a big deal instead of the light reading that Aquaria intended. If Aquaria was in for a bit more drama, she should make a "your best drag is borrowed" read in the Reading Challenge just to see how Vixen responds in front of Mama Ru.

by Anonymousreply 307April 23, 2018 7:14 PM

Beginning of next ep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 23, 2018 8:45 PM

“If doesn’t hurt if you want it bad enough”

by Anonymousreply 309April 23, 2018 11:47 PM

r308 I enjoy seeing a raunchy challenge like that; what a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see the full episode as those trios look exciting.

Why do other queens assume Kameron will bomb? Doesn't he perform for the audiences back at home?

by Anonymousreply 310April 24, 2018 12:21 AM

R306 Ahhhh, thank you, I thought there was some slavery linkage as well x

by Anonymousreply 311April 24, 2018 1:51 AM

Tyra Sanchez continues to be a bundle of joy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 24, 2018 11:26 PM

Tyra is the fucking worst. Just disappear already. Shes barely a drag queen anymore anyway.

by Anonymousreply 313April 25, 2018 1:24 AM

RuPaul wore a necklace that just said "Vanjie" to the Time 100 gala.

by Anonymousreply 314April 25, 2018 1:41 AM

R314, you forgot to add “available for purchase at DragCon”

by Anonymousreply 315April 26, 2018 1:46 AM

R306, among the many possible derivations for "cracker," and there is some overlap among the possibilities, NONE refer to the crack of a whip against slaves on behalf of a plantation owner.

This is ridiculous and just one more attempt to demonize absolutely every Southern white, including the most abject and low. "Crackers" were not the people who would be considered as plantation managers. They were too debased for that. In fact, these whites were the most likely people to intermarry or cohabit with African Americans, as free blacks and low-SES whites living on the edges of towns in small settlements had more interactions on a more-or-less equal basis than was seen in northern cities.

It's the descendants of these impoverished and uneducated white immigrants who now fill the "deplorable" role, yes, and many of them have African ancestry that their families have hidden or forgotten.

Crackers were not the agents of slavery, you immoral dolt.

by Anonymousreply 316April 26, 2018 2:04 AM

What about "honkies"?

by Anonymousreply 317April 26, 2018 2:07 AM

What about the 'Boot Scootin Boogie'?

by Anonymousreply 318April 26, 2018 2:08 AM

R136 I asked the question, and not sure of your reply, are you saying 'crackers' are white trash?

by Anonymousreply 319April 26, 2018 2:18 AM

To those who were asking, this confirms that as predicted Snatch Game will be next week's episode. Doing it with 8 queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 26, 2018 1:43 PM

It was nice that Eureka got a video from home but couldn’t they have filmed it when the mother was sober? She was slurring all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 321April 27, 2018 1:44 AM

I can't believe Blair St. Clair went home before Kameron Michaels.

I just can't.....

by Anonymousreply 322April 27, 2018 1:49 AM

Has their been any comment from Robbie Turner regarding his mess?

by Anonymousreply 323April 27, 2018 1:53 AM

I told y’all that Eureka was one to watch and none y’all listened

by Anonymousreply 324April 27, 2018 1:58 AM

I reeeeealy was hoping RU would save both

by Anonymousreply 325April 27, 2018 1:58 AM

Blair always felt like a filler queen, no great personality and the retro looks and inability to walk got old quickly

by Anonymousreply 326April 27, 2018 2:08 AM

And her self-proclaimed Broadway talents were nonexistent. Couldn’t sing, couldn’t act, couldn’t dance.

by Anonymousreply 327April 27, 2018 2:13 AM

Who won?

by Anonymousreply 328April 27, 2018 2:14 AM

And who sang against Blair?

by Anonymousreply 329April 27, 2018 2:15 AM

R327 Exactly R328 Eureka R329 Vixen

by Anonymousreply 330April 27, 2018 2:26 AM

Can we FF to the inevitable Top 4 of Eureka, Asia, Cracker, and Aquaria? The remaining filler queens are nice enough but byeeeeeeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 331April 27, 2018 2:38 AM

Okay, I'm seeing how Asia can go far. I like her!

Yay, Eureka won again. I thought for sure the make-up team would get criticized for NOT applying make-up on the model!! Instead they put it on themselves. That was wrong.

I liked the panel idea, actually.

Poor Blair. Still hate that Vixen bitch.

I keep forgetting to ask: why do the queens apply glue to their eyebrows?? Almost all of them have those Elmers glue sticks!

by Anonymousreply 332April 27, 2018 3:47 AM

They glue down their own brows because they are painting on much higher brows. Their own flattened brows are covered with powders and foundations. This changes the proportion of forehead and allows them more room to paint a dramatic eye look. It's a major part of the face transformation to a more feminine face. Have you never watched a drag queen apply their makeup? It's not just lips and lashes. The best ones are artists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 27, 2018 3:55 AM

Monet's runway look was hideous. So was Monique's. Filler queens indeed.

by Anonymousreply 334April 27, 2018 4:32 AM

Blair definitely should have outlasted Kameron and The Vixen and maybe even Monet X Change, but she was probably always destined to end up somewhere in the middle of this group.

by Anonymousreply 335April 27, 2018 4:51 AM

Blair had good hair and makeup skills. Those were her only skills. Kameron has that and great runway looks. If Monique could get a complete look together she would win a damn challenge. She's great in all other ways and I think she has been cheated of a few top 3 placements. Aquaria and Ms. Cracker are the real underperformers of the season, all hype considered. Vixen and Monet are leaving the next time they land in the bottom two. It's Eureka or Asia's crown to lose.

by Anonymousreply 336April 27, 2018 5:16 AM

Snatch Game is make it or break it for Asia. She really hasn't brought it in challenges.

by Anonymousreply 337April 27, 2018 5:56 AM

Snatch Game is make-it-or-break-it for a few of them, Kameron in particular. The judges are starting to notice that she doesn't have much in the way of personality. With only 8 of them in that challenge this time, there's no chance someone can fade in the background and sneak by for another week.

by Anonymousreply 338April 27, 2018 6:05 AM

I'm convinced Cracker isn't gonna be in for much longer. She is the biggest letdown in a long time. I haven't been enthused by literally anything she's done on the season and she was my #1 pre-season pick.

by Anonymousreply 339April 27, 2018 12:20 PM

And I haaaate how monotone her voice is. (Cracker) Take some voice lessons and learn how to give tonal variations, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 340April 27, 2018 12:23 PM

I don’t think that she’ll win (too similar to Trixie) but Miz Cracker will be in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 341April 27, 2018 12:55 PM

How does Eureka afford all of those custom costumes that are tailored to perfection? Does she have a Sugar Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 342April 27, 2018 3:51 PM

R210 This actually looks funny! I did not know there was a BDR film in the werks, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 343April 27, 2018 4:08 PM

R207 (and others)

Sincere question, burn me if you must. I wonder if the type of gymnastic dancing (jump landing splits and tumbling moves) are a more recent development in drag (perhaps just drag competitions), or something that's been ongoing. When Ru did club appearances and such during the claw his way to the top phase, was this kind of dancing the style, or was it something else? Did he have more of a runway model persona or was it a death defying dance moves and lip-synching for one's life extravaganza?

Styles definitely change over the years. I went back, back, back in time to watch "The Queen" on youtube, based on a discussion here during the last All Stars season, and I noticed how ladylike and focused on being poised and lovely the contestants were back in the '60s (and I know, it was a pageant, so different protocol and so forth.) But at the end when the winner was declared and all the sore losers were ripping her to shreds outside, the elbow length gloves were off! Vicious!

Anyway, I guess if Ru did put his body through the rigors of these bone breaking, distending dance moves we see on the show, he might be feeling a bit crotchety at his age, and that could contribute to his current stiffness and weird movements. Prince suffered a lot of health problems related to dancing. I personally feel crotchety as fuck and have not come close to doing such things.

Also, as soon as ***Miss Vaaaaaaaanjeee!*** said her good-bye, I told my watching partners we'd hear that name called out every following week, and I have not been wrong.

by Anonymousreply 344April 27, 2018 4:39 PM

There've been some complaints...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 28, 2018 1:09 AM

Blair's runway confession on her first 'sexual experience' was just heartbreaking to listen to... and since she's only 22 and it was at a college party, it couldn't have been that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 346April 28, 2018 4:51 AM

just watched this week's episode on Friday. It was obvious that Team Body - Eureka, Monet and Kameron - were the winner of the DragCon challenge and while I was happy that Eureka was the solo winne, I think Monet and Kameron should have received some lesser prizes for being on the winning panel. On the opposite side of the scale, it was also obvious who the losing team was. Team Wigs - Cracker, The Vixen and Blair - were awful. No helpful hints or demonstration, no interaction with the audience. Even Ru and the other judges seemed bewildered. (The highlight of all of the demos though was the hunky Pit Crew guy.) As sad as Blair's background was, she was the poorest among her group, basically fading into the background, and rightfully went home.

by Anonymousreply 347April 28, 2018 4:56 AM

r344- no facts, just observations: There were two divisions of queens- the Pageants and the Clubs. The Pageants were strictly glamorous look based, and didn't need any dancing skills.The club queens evolved from all the "Paris is Burning" crowd, where dance and creative originality was prized, and where the death drops originated-"'Vogueing" was originally "shading" your competitor.

Ru sort of married both divisions, being a really beautiful 6' 3" queen with a quick wit and an affable personality helped. She never had to dance, and always emceed, which naturally led to hosting shows.

It also takes 3-4 hours to get into drag, so I'd be crotchety too if I had to wear heels, corset, a tuck, and face lift tapes for 12-14 hours a day in my 50's.

by Anonymousreply 348April 28, 2018 4:59 AM

Blair’s runway confession was such a bore. Was it a last-ditch effort to get sympathy and not be sent home? When she was setting it up, “When I had my first sexual experience...”, I was waiting for the rest of the sentence to be something like “I was six years old and handcuffed to a radiator”. I know they try to let every girl have a dramatic tear-jerk episode (see Dusty Ray Bottoms’ exorcism story the week before she went home 🙄), but it’s almost always a big inauthentic reach.

by Anonymousreply 349April 28, 2018 2:08 PM

No runway story will ever beat being permanently dropped off at the bus stop by your mom when you were three. The meanest and funniest read ever was when Katya mentioned it to Roxxy during the All Stars 2 reading is fundamental challenge.

That said I felt for Blair. It's sketchy to raise such a traumatic experience on television though. TWICE. On the runway and again in untucked. My first experience with gay sex was the same. I was invited to a party by a cute older guy in his early twenties. We met at a gay dance. I told the guy I had no interest in having sex with him, he said no worries but it would be good for me to meet some people. I was only 16 and he and one of his friends got me drunk and raped me. As in against my will raped me. I couldn't tell my parents of the police because they didn't know I was gay. It was my first time doing anything more than frottage and a bit of oral with a guy and it changed how I felt about gay men forever. I'm late thirties now and I would never tell that story on TV. I've only told a few people in 20 years.

Back to the queens. Blair was a sweet kid but not fully cooked as a drag queen. She really does like looking pretty and frilly. That lip sync was terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 28, 2018 10:28 PM

It’s easy to laugh but there’s a young audience that watches this show and most have probably never realized that it’s possible for a man to be raped let alone see a male rape victim still traumatized by the experience. Blair’s moment did a lot of good for impressionable kids who aren’t gonna learn about men being raped in school.

by Anonymousreply 351April 28, 2018 10:32 PM

It changed how you felt about gay men forever? Are you not a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 352April 28, 2018 10:44 PM

I’m concerned about how Blair St. Clair’s mother will react to the rape allegation. She already felt strongly that she should’ve given Blair back to god the night blair’s father put it in her. But she liked it, the smell of roadhouse whiskey on his breath, she liked it. This rape only confirms that the first sin was sex, that woman was made evil.

by Anonymousreply 353April 29, 2018 4:17 AM

Blair's music video has really high production values. Should she have been part of the sugar daddy conversation?

by Anonymousreply 354April 29, 2018 4:40 AM

I had to go to the ER today and the little Asian nurse that took my vitals was named...Vangie!!!

by Anonymousreply 355April 29, 2018 5:45 AM

Gurl no. Her name was Angie.. you need help

by Anonymousreply 356April 29, 2018 3:55 PM

Blair's song would easily win the Eurosong if it was one of the entries. So catchy. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 357April 29, 2018 4:19 PM

Another "glug glug hi sailor oh yes oh no I was raped" story.

Poor Blair "DUI" St. Clair.

by Anonymousreply 358April 29, 2018 4:24 PM

R347 Monet should have been announced as runner up. Kameron was a bore, as usual. There’s something awkward about that one.

by Anonymousreply 359April 29, 2018 5:16 PM

Kameron is a dweeb. A cornball. I don't get it at all.

Very, very typical of the producers to award Eureka another win. This season feels a little more producer-driven than usual and it's kind of taking me out. However, I think this is the strongest season for runway looks out of the whole series. That dandelion helmet is quite possibly one of my top 5 looks in Drag Race herstory.

by Anonymousreply 360April 29, 2018 10:33 PM

Top 5 looks:

1. Raja's Marie Antoinette 2. Milk's season 8 grand finale look (the Marc Jacobs coat) 3. Sharon's canine couture 4. Asia's dandelion 5. Raven's dripping in gold gown

by Anonymousreply 361April 29, 2018 10:47 PM

Pearl's classic big cock was a great look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 29, 2018 11:48 PM

Bob and Monet's new podcast is a goddamn delight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363April 30, 2018 12:31 AM

R362 Is that really Pearl? Why are his pubes so red?

by Anonymousreply 364April 30, 2018 1:42 AM

I saw Jinxx and Ben in Drag Becomes Her last night in Hollywood. Was a lot of fun, they spoofed themselves quite a bit and had lots of Drag Race jokes inserted. Bianca Del Rio was in the audience as were some others I'm sure. It was fun and both Ben and Jinxx are top notch entertainers. Hard to imagine anyone from the current season pulling off this kind of stage show. Much more than just runway looks. This required acting, singing, dancing and looking amazing. And there were plenty of improvised asides and spontaneous fun. I was impressed.

by Anonymousreply 365April 30, 2018 2:08 AM

R362, "big"?

by Anonymousreply 366April 30, 2018 2:10 AM

Well I was in the ER 356 so the needing help part is obvious but no I checked that name badge and girls name was Vangie! Is Vangie an Asian name?

by Anonymousreply 367April 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Yes Pearl's staff. Looks like a well-formed 7incher to me. That's not big enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 30, 2018 5:39 PM

The Reading mini-challenge is laugh-free this year. No humor, no creativity. Eureka is fat, by the way. Zzz

by Anonymousreply 369April 30, 2018 10:15 PM

They really loved what I did. They said the only reason I was in the bottom was because of my team....I really am great - they acknowledged that - the other two will be lip synching.....I hope they do well....

I'm what? WHAT? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 370May 1, 2018 5:09 AM

Blair's cynical heaving confession. Sheesh! I don't doubt it happened but her delivery on cue and the posed reactions. How many shots did that take?

by Anonymousreply 371May 1, 2018 11:51 AM

Yeah, Vixen complains that the judges don’t “get” her drag.

As if there is something to “get” about crap wigs, shitty makeup, garbage costumes, and anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 372May 1, 2018 12:43 PM

Yes, that is sexy JC Mounduix in Blair’s music video as the passenger sitting next to Blair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 1, 2018 12:49 PM

"sexy"?

by Anonymousreply 374May 1, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]Blair's cynical heaving confession. Sheesh! I don't doubt it happened but her delivery on cue and the posed reactions. How many shots did that take?

I never like those dramatic confessions on the runway. Hated it when Roxxxy did it and hate it when everyone else has followed. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 375May 1, 2018 2:03 PM

The workroom is the proper place for those confessions, not on the runway during deliberations. So tacky.

Emily V. Gordon is definitely wearing a wig, correct? Because that idiot fringe has remained virtually unchanged for years now and is as unflattering as ever.

by Anonymousreply 376May 1, 2018 2:23 PM

Trixie was only half joking when she said that the secret to winning Drag Race is to cry about your mother.

I’ll take teary confessions over lip sync props and stunts. Those have gotten old. Keep your damn clothes on!

by Anonymousreply 377May 1, 2018 2:23 PM

And air guitars. May we never see another blasted air guitar on this show again.

by Anonymousreply 378May 1, 2018 2:27 PM

Blair first confessed about her rape backstage during the judge's deliberation, this was shown on Untucked. She told the judges after getting encouragement from the other queens, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 379May 1, 2018 2:28 PM

[quote]I keep forgetting to ask: why do the queens apply glue to their eyebrows?? Almost all of them have those Elmers glue sticks!

There was an entire episode devoted to this in Season 8 with Derrick Berry finally blocking her brows.

by Anonymousreply 380May 1, 2018 2:33 PM

r379 or maybe the producers.

by Anonymousreply 381May 1, 2018 2:47 PM

I don’t think the confessions are that manipulated. They’re so emotional when being judged it all just spills out.

by Anonymousreply 382May 1, 2018 3:50 PM

The judging takes forever so it doesn't surprise me that some contestants lose it. Blair could have got a heap of comments about her Susie Sunshine persona and it triggered the revelation.

I wish she hadn't used Max Emerson in her video. Does Diego Barros live in the US?

by Anonymousreply 383May 1, 2018 4:10 PM

Don't know where Diego lives but he's currently whore-touring London.

by Anonymousreply 384May 1, 2018 4:15 PM

Miz Cracker reveals some BTS stuff in her Review with a Jew series including how long segments get reduced to minutes.

For example, the Pickle/Dr. Dill improv scene was much longer and was all an allegory about anti-semiticism! Being a pickle was a metaphor for being Jewish! All of that was edited out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 385May 1, 2018 4:16 PM

This is funny. I'd never noticed any of them. I almost can't believe the Season 2 footage of Ru with the wonky tit. You've come a long way, baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 1, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]and was all an allegory about anti-semiticism!

Not her exact words, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 387May 1, 2018 5:12 PM

r386 That Katya time loop at the end is insane! That poor editor must either have been severely stoned and/or had very little material to work with.

by Anonymousreply 388May 1, 2018 5:24 PM

Thanks R386, that was fun. And that was the eliminated Max in the workroom....all the queens come back later that episode, do I guess her popped in first to tell everyone not to use any salty language.

by Anonymousreply 389May 1, 2018 6:21 PM

In the shot with Max, everyone is wearing different clothing and occupying different positions to the previous shots. I guess they didn't have coverage for the turn and walk to the Shemail screen, so they just used an old shot.

The repeated Katya shot must have been a joke. It seems so glaring in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 390May 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Blair said the rape happened in college, so one would assume she meant a university. But her drag wiki states that she is 22 and a hairdresser -- did she mean she was raped at beauty college?

by Anonymousreply 391May 1, 2018 8:08 PM

Katya tweeted at Trump the other day saying she would do his job better. She neglected to add that she’d have to take time off a month into her term because of some self-indulgent mental health episode, screwing over a lot of people and businesses in the process.

by Anonymousreply 392May 1, 2018 8:18 PM

The shade at r392!

by Anonymousreply 393May 1, 2018 8:21 PM

R392 is Trixie Mattel

by Anonymousreply 394May 1, 2018 8:25 PM

R391, Blair only stated it was "at a college party".

I get the impression that Blair might have been one of the "townies" that live in university cities and raid the frat parties when the opportunity arises.

by Anonymousreply 395May 1, 2018 8:39 PM

Sasha Velour is a classy Vassar grad. I'm going to put Blair as a 1 year flunk out of Randolph-Macon Woman's College, recently coed and renamed Randolph College.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 1, 2018 8:47 PM

Or, as a shocking alternative, you could stop shaming people for being poor.

by Anonymousreply 397May 1, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]you could stop shaming people for being poor.

There would be no DL left if that happened.

by Anonymousreply 398May 1, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote]Blair said the rape happened in college, so one would assume she meant a university. But her drag wiki states that she is 22 and a hairdresser -- did she mean she was raped at beauty college?

What? Have you not heard of people who go to college and then still choose a vocational career?

by Anonymousreply 399May 1, 2018 10:10 PM

Asia's "dandelion helmet" started like as an Ikea pendant lamp!

by Anonymousreply 400May 2, 2018 3:03 AM

Doesn't surprise me. It was neat - very club kid - but eh, I think Eureka has had cooler hair/head setups.

Sasha Velour seemed to think she was really smart but she didn't say much that was THAT smart. It's just in comparison to the other queens, many of them dumber than a box of hair, that she looks intelligent. If she did go to Vassar and graduate she has an advantage but what they showed didn't justify the constant "she's such a brain, I'm the smart drag queen!" label she seemed to self-apply. Like if you're smart, you don't need to say it.

Miz Cracker reminds me of Sasha in that regard, where she's smart, hopefully she won't make a big deal out of it. Is it better than grabbing your title or crotch or resorting to "it's long! And it's hard!" tired dick jokes? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 401May 2, 2018 3:15 AM

Sasha's "intelligence" was way overstated. Ohhh, she's so cerebral by going onstage bald - Ongina was doing that way back in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 402May 2, 2018 3:18 AM

Does Sasha perform? I never hear about her participating in those many RuGirl tours. Does she sing? Comedy? Pose? Read poetry? Opine on current events?

by Anonymousreply 403May 2, 2018 3:22 AM

R402 it was more the statements she made about how she was the cerebral queen, or something. And she used bigger words than other people sometimes Her drag was neat and expensive looking but the braniac stuff I didn't see. And the bald head, whatever. I hate people who say "I'm doing this as an homage to (dead relative)." It just seems phony.

by Anonymousreply 404May 2, 2018 3:25 AM

I've seen Sasha live a couple times. She is a good performer, not my favorite winner by a long shot but there is a reason she won that lip sync tournament. She puts thought into how she can enhance a normal lip sync.

Brings around a projector set up so she can play with moving images and color changes during her number.

by Anonymousreply 405May 2, 2018 3:25 AM

Karaoke is free but watching someone lip sync costs money. What a world.

by Anonymousreply 406May 2, 2018 3:27 AM

People pay far more money to watch pop stars lip synch r406.

by Anonymousreply 407May 2, 2018 3:28 AM

Sasha is a drone but has more taste and artistry than most of the bar queens. Interesting visuals, dedicated performances. The dude has style. I think of him as a fashion dude, not a drag queen. I prefer a good bar drag queen. Sasha can perform, standing still with props.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 2, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote]Blair's music video has really high production values

Shockingly high production values, she is probably going to end up in serious debt to some production company.

[quote]I wish she hadn't used Max Emerson in her video. Does Diego Barros live in the US?

Diego lives in London, and he couldn't even do the music video level acting required. He would only be good for dancing and swinging his bulge around.

by Anonymousreply 409May 2, 2018 8:35 PM

I don't like Blair's video. It's a bit too much like an actual song. A bad song. Hot men will make you drink, so don't drink kids? But if they ever make the Amy Adams Story, Blair's your girl.

by Anonymousreply 410May 2, 2018 8:42 PM

I hope Vixen doesn't go home this week, I have a little crush on him/her.

by Anonymousreply 411May 2, 2018 8:58 PM

Ugh. I abhor the Vixen. When she goes home, I want it to hurt. Like she thinks she's won and is SO HAPPY and then they trash the shit out of her. Then she cries and tries to do a catchphrase exit line, but her heel breaks and she falls off the stage mid-delivery. Then, she discovers that she's not really black, but just has a chronic skin condition.

by Anonymousreply 412May 2, 2018 9:38 PM

I don't like the Vixen but I think the man behind the mask is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 413May 2, 2018 9:40 PM

Cute or not, I just can't with people who act like they've never left high school. Adult people with zero poise always make my alarm bells go off.

by Anonymousreply 414May 2, 2018 9:49 PM

The Vixen has promise, everyone does. And he's cute as a guy, crack ho sexy in drag. Can't wait for his Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 415May 2, 2018 9:55 PM

Look it's The Vixen at Drag Con!! No, it's Sheryl Lee (put a cork in it) Ralph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 3, 2018 2:08 AM

Is Saorise Ronan in Blair’s music video?

by Anonymousreply 417May 3, 2018 2:37 AM

Blair's video..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 3, 2018 4:30 AM

Actually that’s a pretty good video. How much did all those sets cost?! And a cast of at least a dozen who were doing more than just extra work!

by Anonymousreply 419May 3, 2018 4:51 AM

It's a good video but a crap song. Everyone is wondering how Ms. St. Clair came up with those kinds of connections and production values cash. Brave Blair is leading the gay #MeToo movement soon with all the interview coverage she's getting for her RAPE. Not quite as innocent as he seems, that boy. The corn grows tall in Indiana or wherever the fuck he's from.

Blair said that she was planning on doing Lea Michele for Match Game! We know Blair's not particularly funny, but that's an inspired choice. These young queens know how to make the most of their moment. People are going to be very disappointed with who gets eliminated tomorrow night is all I can say. Audra McDonald is the guest judge! A Real Broadway DIVA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420May 3, 2018 5:03 AM

Ugh, an Advocate article.

by Anonymousreply 421May 3, 2018 6:03 AM

Do people here accuse Blair of lying about being raped because he’s a gay man? Do you normally accuse straight women of faking rape accusations? Or do you have some sort of evidence that he’s lying?

by Anonymousreply 422May 3, 2018 6:42 AM

Calm down Beyonce. No one said that Blair was lying about his assault, only that he was capitalizing on it.

by Anonymousreply 423May 3, 2018 7:01 AM

Whatever, Latavia. I hope that when you get raped that people accuse you of capitalizing on it.

by Anonymousreply 424May 3, 2018 1:12 PM

This new clip literally gives away that Eureka does well at Snatch Game and Vixen did poorly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 3, 2018 3:41 PM

Monique just said on national TV that Beyonce doesn’t have a personality!

Isn’t it against the law to say anything less than flattering about Queen Bey? You in danger, girl!

by Anonymousreply 426May 4, 2018 12:33 AM

R422, largely because of #metoo, virtually every time now that someone brings up that they were raped, they're going to be a) accused of lying, b) accused of capitalizing on it or c) all of the above.

Sad, but indicative of today's climate.

by Anonymousreply 427May 4, 2018 12:46 AM

Kameron nailed Chyna. Loved Monet's Maya Angelou and Aquaria's Vairst Letty too.

by Anonymousreply 428May 4, 2018 12:53 AM

Poor Audra has no idea what a “Miss Vangie” is

by Anonymousreply 429May 4, 2018 1:07 AM

Wigs about to fly on Untucked y'all

by Anonymousreply 430May 4, 2018 1:39 AM

They couldn’t scare up a Bette Midler song for the lip sync?

by Anonymousreply 431May 4, 2018 1:42 AM

It's not that Beyonce doesn't have a personality but it's not one that's right for snatch game. Shes actually a horrible choice. There's not much you can exaggerate upon and make really funny or memorable. Shes an amazing performer and singer and not very over the top otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 432May 4, 2018 2:30 AM

Damn, Vixen trying to fuck with Eureka’s bookings by accusing her of being unprofessional. Low blow. Awful, awful person.

by Anonymousreply 433May 4, 2018 2:42 AM

Aquaria's "Michelle Obama" placard was the perfect touch.

by Anonymousreply 434May 4, 2018 2:50 AM

Just a question: I don't watch this show and know nothing about it, but was RuPaul in NY last week by any chance, because I think I saw him with his boyfriend at WF in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 435May 4, 2018 2:53 AM

The Vixen seems to think that Drag Race and Real Housewives are the same show. She's played it so poorly. She's an utter buzzkill.

Asia probably flamed out the most of all contestants but she seems mature enough to know that no one took her chance to shine. You either keep the ball in the air or you drop it. Asia, The Vixen, and Monique dropped it.

Cracker underperformed. Kameron's Chyna voice was great but he showed little imagination or variety. Aquaria was the opposite - she executed detailed joke planning AND responded in the moment. She thoroughly deserved her win. Eureka was also smart at varying/building her bits - drawing on herself at the end was hilarious.

It was great to see Monet join the top three.

by Anonymousreply 436May 4, 2018 3:10 AM

I decided that I really don't care for Cracker. A lot of hype that amounts to not much.

by Anonymousreply 437May 4, 2018 3:13 AM

I’m not really a fan of Aquaria but she killed it this week. I loved her mermaid, it was my favorite look of hers by far.

I also liked Asia’s creepy mask. It was funny that you could still see her blindingly white teeth. Of course Michele hated it. She’s so dull and wouldn’t know a fresh idea if it bit her tit.

by Anonymousreply 438May 4, 2018 3:17 AM

Hate on Aquaria all you want but the bitch turns lewks. She is the runway queen of the season.

by Anonymousreply 439May 4, 2018 3:21 AM

This was the funniest episode this season.

Sorry to see Monet go. That bitch Vixen lives another day.

That mask was kind of scary.

Trebeck! Love him.

by Anonymousreply 440May 4, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]It was great to see Monet join the top three.

[quote]Sorry to see Monet go

So which one is it?

Also, who was top three and who was bottom three?

by Anonymousreply 441May 4, 2018 3:56 AM

I love Monet. I think Vixen's anger comes from insecurity. And she's right. I do like her coming for Eureka tho. She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 442May 4, 2018 3:56 AM

Monique went. Monet lives to slay another day (but not the runway, ohhhhkayy).

by Anonymousreply 443May 4, 2018 4:00 AM

My mistake, sorry. Can't believe she didn't even try! Monique blew it.

by Anonymousreply 444May 4, 2018 4:03 AM

[quote]Also, who was top three

Aquaria, Eureka and Monét. Aquaria racks up her second win.

[quote]and who was bottom three?

Asia, Monique and the Vixen. The Vixen sent Monique home.

by Anonymousreply 445May 4, 2018 4:10 AM

Ugh, those last minutes of every Untucked are fucking heartbreaking! 😢😢

by Anonymousreply 446May 4, 2018 4:18 AM

Mz. Cracker she not here much longer but first The Vixen will leave next week. All is unfolding as has been foretold. The personality deprived Kamerooooon makes the top four along with Aquaria, Asia and Eureka!

I liked Monique but she was a better untucked/MC commentator than challenge or runway competitor. Not too many this season are going to become stars. Certainly not the stale Mz. Cracker. Don't try Dorothy Parker if you don't understand she's not a character that can be done. She was a rather morose drunk woman who quipped mean. Mz. Cracker is a bit of a NY Jew with a few too many bad ideas. I love The Vixen along with the rest of the viewing public, but next week she must go. She is one who will rise post show, she just needs better drag and some self confidence. Fierce Cutie. Aquaria didn't steal much off that cracker because SHE is the cute guy and edgy hot girl that Valentina hoped to be. Aquaria is pretty quick and smart and might get herself a crown if they didn't finally find a damn fat bitch who deserves to WIN! Eureka, she's found it y'all. Lots of her for the next few years. I'm not mad at it.

Did you hear I was raped? I'm Blair St. Clair and I'm here to say!

by Anonymousreply 447May 4, 2018 4:23 AM

[Quote] I could care less what RuPaul thinks about, honestly. You know, because at the end of the day, I do make things and I paint my own face. So... we're starting at different points.

by Anonymousreply 448May 4, 2018 4:40 AM

[Quote] I could care less what RuPaul thinks about my drag, honestly. You know, because at the end of the day, I do make things and I paint my own face. So... we're starting at different points.

by Anonymousreply 449May 4, 2018 4:42 AM

How many times are these queens going to try to impersonate Beyoncé before the message finally sinks in for good that she just shouldn't be done for Snatch Game? I know the Southern black queens worship the ground she walks on (God knows why) but damn....

Whipping off your wig AND not knowing the words to boot? Talk about a total nosedive into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 450May 4, 2018 4:47 AM

Did she blank in the moment(s)? Because that Snatch Game should have had her certain about needing to have her lyrics learnt.

by Anonymousreply 451May 4, 2018 4:51 AM

Vixen has to go. She made some good points like five episodes ago and then trashes everything by benign immature, spoiled brat. I'm not big on Eureka, but everything that Vixen accused her of can be applied to herself. Vixen trying to shame Monique and Asia for choosing her? Disloyal bitches? Get the fuck out of here...One of my leats favourite contestants, right up there with Delta Work.

Sad to see Monique go. Hope to see great things from her now that she will get some more coins. If there is any justice she would MC in a heartbeat, but the millennials will make sure that Miss Vanjie is proclaimed the first MC to go home on the first episode of the season...And then she will be back for season 11.

by Anonymousreply 452May 4, 2018 5:34 AM

Unfortunately, it's going to take a real lip sync assassin to take out the Vixen. The bitch is not going to go quietly.

by Anonymousreply 453May 4, 2018 5:37 AM

It's going to take Monet to slay Vixen during a lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 454May 4, 2018 5:43 AM

If The Vixen is happy to shade Ru, then that means she probably goes home next week. She's certainly not a finalist.

by Anonymousreply 455May 4, 2018 5:47 AM

We all know that The Vixen finishes in 7th place. Not without making a great showing. She's been highlighted in every good and bad way possible. She looked beautiful in the feather runway challenge too. Shea Coulee put The Vixen on her track for good reason. Those Chicago girls have their own style. Brooklyn is not exactly rough on Drag Queens or anyone else. Those bitches are spoiled. Asia should win, but a pageant girl from Texas has an uphill battle on Drag Race now, even when you're as gorgeous and talented as Asia. She hasn't got the right kind of talent and probably doesn't even understand it. The Vixen and Shea wanted it too much and their hard edges showed through. That doesn't hurt them back home. The Vixen will be on tour for a year with all the best and worst of these girls. She may not smooth out. If she doesn't it's because she doesn't want to. There are a lot of racist posters on DL and in the Drag Race fandom. Everyone loves dumb Chi Chi because he's "sweet" and understands his limitations. He made a lot more money and still is an awkward queen with bad fashion. The Vixen has edge, talent, sex appeal and style. A fighting life. But he's sweet when he's comfortable with people. Why he gotta be nice? It's just TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456May 4, 2018 6:26 AM

I think that Asia kind of had the right idea in going against Beyonce's image and making her kind of bitchy, but she doesn't have the comedic chops to pull it off, so it fell really flat.

by Anonymousreply 457May 4, 2018 6:44 AM

Who is this Vixen stan trying to paint her as the best thing there is and the biggest success out of season 10?

And I think to call her a lip-sync assassin is a huge stretch. Both of her lip-syncs were bad/amateurish, she was just lucky to be against a queen that was even more amateurish than her, and a queen who gave up and didn't know the words (sadly). Can't wait to see how a real lip-sync assassin takes her out...I'm sure her final moments will be full of bitterness and misplaced anger.

by Anonymousreply 458May 4, 2018 6:54 AM

Know this -- if they're doing another lip sync gimmick this finale (please god, no) and Asia and Eureka have to go head to head...Asia will chomp that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 459May 4, 2018 7:40 AM

Asia and Eureka are worthy competitors & very different. I wouldn't mind that battle. Asia is not a lip sync assassin, but she's sassy and gorgeous. Her club appearances rely heavily on costumes and effects so I would give Eureka that edge in that battle. She's been saving that knee for something.

Meanwhile the only true ghetto (black) bitch of Drag Race history Tyra Sanchez has lowkey threatened to blow up DragCon!! The hair would really fly. She's not smart enough to blow anything up but watch out for her anyway. Guns are cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460May 4, 2018 8:35 AM

I live about 10 minutes from the LA Convention Center. If some shit goes down I'll keep you all looped in!

by Anonymousreply 461May 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Tyra Sanchez is the original dumb toxic bitch. Not even fun to watch from a messy reality tv standpoint.

by Anonymousreply 462May 4, 2018 9:16 AM

If there ever was a time for a triple elimination, last night was it. I was just surprised Kameron got out alive, to be honest.

This was the first time I saw the show in 1080p and Ru's digital hairline blurring was incredibly noticeable. I wonder how much cash they splurge on that.

by Anonymousreply 463May 4, 2018 12:33 PM

[quote]How many times are these queens going to try to impersonate Beyoncé before the message finally sinks in for good that she just shouldn't be done for Snatch Game? I know the Southern black queens worship the ground she walks on (God knows why) but damn....

Seriously. Beyonce is not funny, you'd have to be an incredibly skilled comedienne to be able to transform her into a funny character. Half the battle of Snatch Game is just picking the right character. Eureka picking Honey Boo Boo was a perfect choice, had she picked Divine it probably would have been cringe. And man, Asia and Vixen were total cringe, it has hard for me to watch.

Kameron was able to be safe as Chyna cause he picked a character that was a easy fit.

Aquaria's snatch game performance surprised me, she displayed a level of comedic talent that I had no idea she had. Monet also killed it, and she killed it playing a character that isn't naturally funny, which takes a lot of skill.

Apparently Monique has admitted that she didn't think she would be lip synching and hadn't prepared at all, which was obvious. I like her, but that lip synch was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 464May 4, 2018 1:26 PM

Monet did very well but she had the template of Maya Angelou as a comedy character right there on Got2BReal, the duelling divas webseries on Youtube. The "checking a bitch" poem was even done already on that show. It was directed at Hateretha, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 465May 4, 2018 1:38 PM

Also Miz Cracker has officially underwhelmed, as she bills herself as a comedy queen, Snatch Game is a challenge you have to do well on*. She did not.

Though apparently a comedy queen can absolutely bomb Snatch Game and still win a season now....

by Anonymousreply 466May 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Debra Wilson and the MADTv writers had no trouble making Beyonce funny. They portrayed her as a diva bitch and it worked perfectly - because they played on the obvious group dynamics of Destiny's Child. It's tricky in an improv, but not impossible.

by Anonymousreply 467May 4, 2018 1:43 PM

Trixie's roasts are funny. I don't think she's not a comedy queen because she flunked Snatch Game. She choked.

by Anonymousreply 468May 4, 2018 1:45 PM

I personally don't think Cracker bombed the Snatch Game, she just chose too obscure of a figure to impersonate and didn't camp it up enough. You really have to go for the easy jokes and sight gags when it comes to Snatch Game. It also helps if everyone knows who you're parodying. Aquaria was smart to choose low hanging fruit like Melania and she knocked it out of the park, as did Eureka and Monet.

by Anonymousreply 469May 4, 2018 1:46 PM

I immediately thought of Debra Wilson the moment Ru forbade the coke jokes for Whitney Houston.

Michelle's stank eye was on point this episode.

by Anonymousreply 470May 4, 2018 1:47 PM

I didn't say she bombed r469, I was referring to Trixie that bombed. As I said, Miz Cracker underwhelmed and Snatch Game is a challenge she was supposed to kill, not be safe.

She is Bob's drag daughter, Bob completely dominated his Snatch Game panel.

by Anonymousreply 471May 4, 2018 1:51 PM

I remember liking Pandora's Carol Channing more than Bob's. Did Bob do multiple characters?

by Anonymousreply 472May 4, 2018 1:55 PM

Some would say Little Edie was too obscure...

by Anonymousreply 473May 4, 2018 1:56 PM

Yes r472, Bob did Crazy Eyes and Carol Channing.

And exactly r473, Little Edie was an obscure choice but Jinkx still killed it.

by Anonymousreply 474May 4, 2018 1:58 PM

r472, Bob also did Uzo Aduba

by Anonymousreply 475May 4, 2018 1:58 PM

Cracker didn't have a strong handle on the character. One could sense fear in her delivery (same for Asia), which was terrible for a character who tosses off cutting lines.

by Anonymousreply 476May 4, 2018 2:02 PM

In the workroom, Cracker told Ru that she felt confident doing Dorothy Parker and she wasn’t going to second guess herself by considering another character. Cracker came to win and obviously had a plan in place but of course, performing as Dorothy yourself on stage where you control everything is not the same as Snatch Game.

Has anyone see her Dorothy onstage? Knowing Cracker, it’s probably pretty funny and well executed.

by Anonymousreply 477May 4, 2018 2:07 PM

Further, improv-ing lines for a character that constructs them with literary skill is a real tall order. Mae West was an easier choice and Alaska smartly used her as a jumping pad to joke about modern day vulgarity vs what was permitted in Mae West's day (the fuck me in the ass bit), thereby sidestepping the expectation or weight of clever, if not literary, sentence construction.

by Anonymousreply 478May 4, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote]One could sense fear in her delivery

This. Miz Cracker's performance lacked confidence which you need to nail comedic delivery. Sensing the fear in her delivery says it perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 479May 4, 2018 2:40 PM

I'm still not on her bandwagon, but Aquaria impresses me in that she shows no fear. Nothing seems to phase her. And this is part of the reason why she keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 480May 4, 2018 2:51 PM

Aquaria is confident as hell, too. Probably insufferable in real life but it allows her to be extreme and take lots of risks. After all, her risks will pay off since she’s Aquaria, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 481May 4, 2018 3:19 PM

I knew when they showed Aquaria tripping over her words in the workroom when Ru asked her to say that bit again that Aquaria would go far. It was a soft(er) edit tactic to undercut the stuck up bitch impression, making her more vulnerable/relatable.

by Anonymousreply 482May 4, 2018 4:27 PM

This season is currently a two man race between Aquaria and Eureka. In theory Asia is a contender, but she is going to have to own a couple of the last challenges to be one.

by Anonymousreply 483May 4, 2018 4:30 PM

Asia's lapses in taste will probably do her in. From busted (busteder?) Ornacia to the day-glo messes (at least two looks so far) that she's given, Asia could easily fall by the wayside.

I was rooting for her. And her flippers. Less so, now.

And she should have done Dionne Warwick. Number Hussy. Psychic Friends. Do You Know the Way to the Weed Dispensary? Bacharach, can you spare a dime?

by Anonymousreply 484May 4, 2018 4:38 PM

Asia might benefit from two black queens losing due to a twist these past two seasons. Eureka or Aquaria might end up with a better track record but Asia might have an edge anyway.

by Anonymousreply 485May 4, 2018 4:48 PM

Kameron makes it to top four? I could understand if he was at least really attractive. He should have been gone before Blair St. Clair.

by Anonymousreply 486May 4, 2018 4:53 PM

When should Kameron have been eliminated r486? I don't even think the judges particularly like him, but he is doing fine in the challenges, which is why he is still there.

by Anonymousreply 487May 4, 2018 4:57 PM

I only watch the episodes once but as I recall Kameron was only outright bad in the dating app challenge. He's done ok otherwise and his runway looks tend to be among the better ones. When other performers are either doing very well or very badly depending on the challenge, it's unsurprising that Kam is still here.

by Anonymousreply 488May 4, 2018 5:04 PM

Kameron is also rumored to be the best lip sync her this season...

by Anonymousreply 489May 4, 2018 5:48 PM

^True. Kameron has some surprises left. Snatch Game was the best it's been in many seasons and I give up and accept Eureka as the season's winner. That bitch is truly funny and very versatile for such a big girl. Aquaria was wonderful, as good as some of the best in Snatch Game. She had some great things prepared but could ad lib and banter in character too. I don't see her as the winner of the season but the rumor is that she never has to lip sync.

On a side note, Ru looks so off lately. Last week the makeup was just terrible, a nightmare of blush and harsh eighties colors and this week his wig line was clockable from a block away and when did he start padding to look like Mae West? This new silhouette and gowns are making him look OLD.

He needs a real glam squad. I wish Miss Fame would help the old girl out. Rupaul shouldn't be looking so poorly on his own damn show.

Miss Fame is a sweet guy, going through a lot of depression it seems. Still perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490May 5, 2018 1:33 AM

Yeah, r490 it's not the same since Mathu is a persona non grata. I would love Fame to do Ru's makeup, but she lives on the opposite coast.

by Anonymousreply 491May 5, 2018 3:08 AM

Finally had a chance to watch this week's episode as well as Untucked. As far as Snatch Game is concerned, have to agree with most of what's been said, mostly that Beyonce and Blue Ivy were poor choices. The best celebs to choose are those who are high-profile but who also have personality traits that the queens can exaggerate and go over the top. Granted, Beyonce is a outstanding singer, dancer and performer but how many people could imitate her day-to-day voice, mannerisms, etc when she's offstage. And Blue Ivy? She's identifiable in photos, videos with her parents but, again, name an identifiable characteristic. No issues with who the tops and bottoms were in Snatch Game. When it came time for the queens to name who should go, I KNEW The Vixen was going to name Eureka. (Did anyone think she was going to name someone else?) Interestingly, it appeared as if Ru and judges were also thinking "WTF?" given some of their expressions. I'm surprised that none of the other queens called out Vixen for her unprofessionalism and attitude. And finally, that Untucked -- sooooo uncomfortable!

by Anonymousreply 492May 5, 2018 7:16 PM

I think Eureka is going to win; RPDR will finally have a big girl winner.

by Anonymousreply 493May 5, 2018 7:23 PM

MAN if the other queen had memorized the song she might have beat The Vixen and we wouldn't have to deal with her another week. Still, it should be interesting to see how she gets Revenge against everyone for daring to wish she'd go away (to hell). I'm so tired of her, her shitty attitude, and her "I'M JUST TELLING THE TRUTH I DON'T CHANGE WHO I AM I'M A FIGHTER BLAH BLAH" story. Fuck her. It's also irritating that she was talking about milking white guilt to make money. I'm glad that Eureka keeps doing better than her and she's making herself look worse and worse because she's getting angry and mad and just self-destructing.

I still hope she goes out by trying to deliver her parting line, but her heel breaks and she falls off the runway while RuPaul pretends to be concerned but is secretly gleeful because ratings gold!

by Anonymousreply 494May 5, 2018 7:30 PM

Oh, and the Snatch Game was the worst ever. Most of it was unfunny; the queens that were good, were "okay". I'm curious what ended up on the cutting room floor. And Beyonce and her Kid as played by the queens were just terrible, and for that matter so was Maxine Waters.

Asia is really one note. She can sew but beyond that - she's missing a whole set of skills. And from one of the earliest episodes, her nasty side came out when she blamed everyone else for, I guess, letting her help them at the expense of her own clothing. Take responsibility for yourself! It's really offputting, the queens who don't do that and blame everyone around them for their own problems. Such as the Vixen. And I'm tired of Vixen's sour expression whenever Eureka gets complimented or says anything, really.

by Anonymousreply 495May 5, 2018 7:33 PM

The makeup, especially on RuPaul, has not been good - that shine-in-the-middle thing - where they lighten the center and it spreads out - whatever that's called - now that I've seen it, I've started seeing a lot of them doing it, even on Michelle, and it doesn't look that good. That trend needs to die. I am assuming that's Raven's signature thing but meh.

by Anonymousreply 496May 5, 2018 7:35 PM

I was surprised to find a pretty funny review of the episode on the New York Times website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 5, 2018 7:50 PM

I was surprised to find a pretty funny review of the episode on the New York Times website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 5, 2018 7:50 PM

Last season was bad, but this is worse. There isn't one A drag queen in the bunch.

Asia is a bitch, The Vixen is anorexic and limited but with therapy might come out of it. Aquaria and Cracker might get there, but they're not there yet, although Aquaria has the vision for looks. But can she perform?

Eureka is not professional enough, and truly is an energy vampire. Cameron is at least different, but hasn't shown enough yet. Monique was an affirmative-action queen who whined her way out the door, refusing to see reality because SHE IS SOME BODY. Monet is smart and funny and has an adult's detachment, but doesn't really have anything to set herself apart from being an anemic Bob.

Nope. Asia probably was the designated safe win, since they need a black after 4-time-1st Shea lost, but she's such a disappointment and lacks much of anything. Tacky looks most of the time. So that leaves Eureka, because Aquaria would strike too much like Sasha (although Aquaria at least doesn't have the boring and hectoring baggage of Sasha "body issues/dead mother/my politics are the only politics/vegan/preening smugness" Velour. As the first fat queen (or "big girl") Eureka could squeak by, but it's pathetic that a stereotype would end up being the first fat winner.

by Anonymousreply 499May 5, 2018 7:53 PM

What's also interesting is that Michelle and RuPaul keep telling Eureka to play to her strengths and embrace the stereotypes. She's just getting reinforcement from them on where they want her drag to go.

I did enjoy her line about "Now I'll let you all make fat jokes at my expense" when she finished the Library challenge. It was clever and disarming and had the added benefit of making the fat jokes seem more obvious and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 500May 5, 2018 8:00 PM

Ru does look a mess. Good for a tall queen, but a mess for Glamazon of The Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 5, 2018 9:18 PM

r501 she's 20% teeth!

by Anonymousreply 502May 6, 2018 10:29 AM

Does anyone else wonder if Eureka has a big dick, he is 6'5 after all?

by Anonymousreply 503May 6, 2018 10:44 AM

I hadn't but now that you mention it, probably, r503!

For a girl of that size she gets around pretty well too. I wish HE (as a boy) would stop wearing tight clothes though. She doesn't have to dress in flowing caftans, but maybe find something at least in her size that zips. As a queen, she's got some great looks.

by Anonymousreply 504May 6, 2018 10:48 AM

r497 Thanks, had no idea NYT had these recaps!

[quote]I did enjoy her line about "Now I'll let you all make fat jokes at my expense" when she finished the Library challenge. It was clever and disarming and had the added benefit of making the fat jokes seem more obvious and predictable.

Nice catch. That really was a clever little tactic and should be employed more often.

by Anonymousreply 505May 6, 2018 11:13 AM

[quote]Unfathomably, one of the funniest queens to ever appear on the show did not survive the Snatch Game, and the unfunniest queen to ever appear on the show did. Against all predictions, an unbridled rage-channel who can’t take a joke continues to advance. Will knowing the right words be enough to stop her? Will those words be “Miss Vanjie”?

Damn, loving how vicious that NYT recapper is. I'm definitely adding this one to my weekly reading list.

by Anonymousreply 506May 6, 2018 11:29 AM

r506 the recapper is great. I'm rereading the earlier episodes right now :)

by Anonymousreply 507May 6, 2018 11:32 AM

I quite liked Kate Upton's critiques but does she do anything else besides being a "cover girl"? Imagine being described like that and then being followed with "six-time Tony winner and an Oscar away from an EGOT, Audra McDonald". Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 508May 6, 2018 11:36 AM

I was surprised that Kate Upton, who is known for her tits, didn't show them a lot more. They looked tiny compared to Michelle Visage's enormous geriatric rack.

r508 yeah I caught that as well - it seemed almost insulting. Kate's done acting and has been in a lot of other campaigns than the Swimsuit edition so I thought that was a thinly-veiled slam, for some reason. Maybe Michelle wrote them.

by Anonymousreply 509May 6, 2018 11:39 AM

Anyone else loved how Kameron spoke (up) maybe for the first time ever on the latest Untucked and then Vixen immediately said: "Let me finish, okay? Are you going to let me talk?" Zero self-awareness. And the economy of language, which I brought up in the first week, is still her biggest issue; she goes off on these epic rants but probably doesn't even know herself what the point of it all is. Just arguing for the sake of arguing. She's much more suited to the Real Housewives, one of those extra trashy ones.

by Anonymousreply 510May 6, 2018 12:37 PM

I have not been able to watch Untucked except for one episode (where Vixen and Eureka are going at it and Eureka is smoking). Not because I don't want to, but because it's not on Netflix with the other shows and I don't have cable. Is there another place to watch them?

by Anonymousreply 511May 6, 2018 12:39 PM

r510 she would be TOXIC on a housewives show. They don't want someone who is just there to fight and cause strife. They want the strife, yeah, but they don't want someone who's going to make the rest of the cast gang up on them and refuse to work with that person, which is exactly what would happen unless she changed. I suppose she would be good on one of those "Fix My Life" shows where she has extensive therapy and electroshock. She's not subtle or manipulative, she's just nasty, like a rabid badger.

by Anonymousreply 512May 6, 2018 12:41 PM

r511 Someone usually uploads Untucked to YouTube the same day but they're taken down a day later due to copyright. That's probably the easiest way to watch it if you don't catch it on TV. Perhaps someone could recommend some other site?

by Anonymousreply 513May 6, 2018 12:56 PM

I'm enjoying this season way more than Trixie All Stars, which was the Ben Show until his exit. The lack of performance consistency makes this season less predictable. Who would have expected Aquaria to ace the Snatch Game? What a lovely revenge for The Vixen's "You're not funny". I enjoyed this Snatch Game more than the previous as well. I've also enjoyed the runway more.

by Anonymousreply 514May 6, 2018 3:07 PM

I'm definitely enjoying this season a lot more than All Stars 3 and Season 9 r514. It just has a certain charm that makes it feel more like classic drag race.

by Anonymousreply 515May 6, 2018 3:09 PM

r511- this guy uploads a day after, I've found his is the best in visual quality:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516May 6, 2018 3:56 PM

I bet Eureka is racist as Hell. Black people can tell which white people are, usually on site. It has to do with wincy microexpressions they do when they see a black person. Their racism is literally written on their face.

by Anonymousreply 517May 6, 2018 4:06 PM

I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought Aquaria and Eureka were just okay, not at all great. But the bar here was set very very low.

And Vixen's Bue Ivy would have come off a lot better without Asia's "help". Asia really sucks and should have been LSFHL.

R517, Eureka's "kitchen" comment to Vixen during the reading challenge made me uncomfortable, and she definitely is not as sweet as she pretends to be. But I'm not sure if that means she is a racist. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 518May 6, 2018 4:18 PM

I agree that Aquaria and Eureka were just okay. The rest of the queens were just so terrible that they stood out as good. The worst snatch game I think I've seen!

I disagree that Vixen would have done better without Asia though. She would have played more off Eureka then as she kept trying to, and Eureka would have just looked better and better as Vixen got angrier and angrier. And finally Vixen would have snapped and killed everyone.

by Anonymousreply 519May 6, 2018 4:46 PM

R517 please. If she had been I'm sure they would have showed it. Vixen has no real reason for her hatred of Eureka other than she's just jealous of the attention she's getting. And she already has a chip on her shoulder about white people, which she has said many times. Note who she's picked fights with the majority of the time.

by Anonymousreply 520May 6, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote]The worst snatch game I think I've seen!

People always say this every season. Go back and watch Season 3's snatch game, I bet you don't even remember who won.

by Anonymousreply 521May 6, 2018 4:49 PM

R518 I didn't get the kitchen comment. Was it about her teeth? It was the reading challenge though, and we all know Vixen can't take a joke or any shade tossed her way.

R521 no, I have seen them all recently. This was a bad one. I am curious what ended up on the editing room floor because surely there must have been better bits than the ones they showed.

by Anonymousreply 522May 6, 2018 4:51 PM

You know you're reaching when you're looking for racism in microexpressions. I also get homophobic microexpressions served up on a daily basis. It's not the best feeling in the world but people are allowed to form whatever facial expression they like. They're not free to verbalize it, however, at least not in my country. And thank fuck for that.

by Anonymousreply 523May 6, 2018 4:58 PM

They're just trying to find some reason to justify The Vixen's shitty attitude other than "she's a shitty person", because I think they want to like her. However, Occam's razor still applies. She's just a cunt with huge baggage and low self control and antisocial behavior. I don't care how it happened, she's an adult now and needs to deal with her shit. She seems to know she goes too far sometimes but I think her view of what is "too far" and what the rest of the world thinks is too far, are far apart. She's definitely NOT a victim here, she's a bully and an aggressive one at that.

by Anonymousreply 524May 6, 2018 5:13 PM

Thanks r516! I've been curious to see what happened after that last episode, now that The Vixen's realized she's disliked. Although I'm sure some will try to justify it by saying "you're my strongest competition!!".

by Anonymousreply 525May 6, 2018 5:15 PM

Okay after watching that Untucked, LOL. And The Vixen's performance after her mom's video (clearly brought out to calm her down) - that was so fake. And she thinks she deserves to be there because she's TRYING. (clearly a millennial). It's also unreal that she thinks they're all good friends when she's been a nasty cunt to pretty much everyone since she got on the show. Even if she didn't focus it on certain people, it's uncomfortable to be in the room when someone's going off on someone else like that - it's not fun and it makes everyone tense. That's one of the big reasons I think they wanted her gone, she's just such a negative influence.

I'm also tired of hearing cliches like "Now the gloves are off" and "I'm gonna do what I have to do" etc. from the queens. I feel like they're just saying that to themselves vs. "America".

by Anonymousreply 526May 6, 2018 5:32 PM

In recent interviews - depending on who the interviewer is - Monique she comes across as blaming everything else for her problems (lack of money, time, etc.) I like her for the most part but that lack of personal responsibility she needs to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 527May 6, 2018 5:33 PM

The Vixen lost me forever when he said 'every one of you has said how much Eureka annoys you' and everyone went 'nope, not me, not a word' and vixen says welll uh, your EXPRESSIONS do! yeah, your expressions'.

Like, girl, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 528May 6, 2018 5:36 PM

Monqiue's America always cracks me up because RPDR is a watched all over the globe, the audience is much bigger than just America.

by Anonymousreply 529May 6, 2018 5:43 PM

Has someone compiled the Snatch Game segments like they did for the Reading Challenges? The latter are mostly underwhelming, not a classic among the bunch. People remember the standouts.

by Anonymousreply 530May 6, 2018 5:54 PM

r529 a lot of the queens say after they do the show and go on tour overseas that they didn't realize how worldwide it is. And especially the New York queens, where NY pretty much brings the rest of the world to you.

by Anonymousreply 531May 6, 2018 5:57 PM

r530 there was a list on Vulture that I just read that went through the recent seasons... and here it is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532May 6, 2018 6:00 PM

I don't think Monique is unaware of the international reach. But this is an American production made for American audiences. Any other audience is secondary/supplementary. If the ratings on VH1 or another US channel went down the pan, they'd stop making the show. International audiences, thank you for your money (primarily from tour attendance, I'd venture) but know your place, hunties.

I say this as a Non-American.

by Anonymousreply 533May 6, 2018 6:05 PM

R499 Kameron is different? In what way? She's easily the most generic queen of the entire season. Even most of the eliminated queens have made more of an impression than her.

And if Eureka can't win, I don't think a fat queen ever will. Although, I could see them wanting her to be runner up so that they could save her for a future season of All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 534May 6, 2018 6:07 PM

Kameron has a lot more personality in the Untucked conversations than she does on the main show, for some reason. I guess it's just focus.

If Vixen doesn't win, you know she's going to be on All Stars, unless she ends up complaining about her edit too much.

by Anonymousreply 535May 6, 2018 6:09 PM

I just want to know who will be the unofficial narrator now that Monique is gone.

Vixen on All-Stars? Lord. She's rapidly on her way to becoming more hated than Phi Phi, Roxxxy, Delta and Tyra combined.

by Anonymousreply 536May 6, 2018 6:13 PM

The Vixen said that Kameron expressly said he would not talk shit about his fellow contestants to the prodcers. No confessionals is his punishment.

by Anonymousreply 537May 6, 2018 6:14 PM

r536 I know, she's awful, which is why it'd be a good redemption story if she can get it under control. But she needs like -10 years of therapy already so who knows. I hope someone compiles a Vixen negative bitch clip show afterwards so she can see how she came across to everyone, in concentrated form. She sucks the air out of the room.

r537 really? I had no idea they'd punish someone like that, it seems to be short changing people. If an interviewer is good they can get little things out of people, even if they won't talk negative about people so it says more about the show than it does him, I think.

by Anonymousreply 538May 6, 2018 6:17 PM

When the Vixen was asked about Tyra's DragCon kerfuffle, she kept it cute and did not jump on that Road to Nowhere. I don't think she's crazy, just shortsighted and not half as smart as she thinks she is. Digging at RuPaul in the same interview is... less than smart.

by Anonymousreply 539May 6, 2018 6:21 PM

Kameron has freely admitted he was pretty low key and quiet, but yes let's make it a conspiracy.

And if you don't want to read other contestants that makes your confessional boring.

by Anonymousreply 540May 6, 2018 6:24 PM

[quote]I didn't get the kitchen comment. Was it about her teeth?

"Kitchen" = the hair at the nape of the neck, which is typically the hardest to straighten.

by Anonymousreply 541May 6, 2018 6:36 PM

r539 what interview?

r541 ah, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 542May 6, 2018 6:41 PM

If Aja can make the cut for All Stars, clearly the most busted, amateur, charmless queen can make the cut.

by Anonymousreply 543May 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Aja was really witty in the confessionals though!

by Anonymousreply 544May 6, 2018 6:53 PM

Monique is correct to say that couture costumes are a competitive advantage but a broke queen can still dazzle on the runway. The judges would ooh and ahh over a dress made of rags if it reflected creativity and hard work. But they’ll laugh you off the stage of you merely wrap some fabric around your waist.

by Anonymousreply 545May 6, 2018 6:55 PM

Parroting tired Drag cliches like “Ayo sis, she betta don’t read the house down boots” is considered witty? OK, sis.

by Anonymousreply 546May 6, 2018 6:58 PM

That poster really hates Aja, as they always have to let us know. No point in arguing with them.

by Anonymousreply 547May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

My three favorites are Eureka, Aquaria, and Blair.

by Anonymousreply 548May 6, 2018 7:01 PM

You shouldn't have included sis in the takeoff of Aja and in your own comment. You undercut yourself.

by Anonymousreply 549May 6, 2018 7:01 PM

r545 I feel like Monique could have gotten a sponsor or something once she knew she was going to be on Drag Race. Surely there's some up-and-coming designers out there that would do stuff to have it be featured on the show.

r546 well, not that one, no, but she had some others. TBH they're all guilty of using annoying cliches.

r548 Blair seems sweet and would be fun as a friend. I'm sure she'll win Miss Congeniality. I didn't expect to like Aquaria after the second episode - she reminded me too much of Valentina - but she's had some really strong looks and some acting/comedy skills as well.

I hope Miz Cracker steps it up, but I have a feeling she may not make it to top three. You know one of the two of them has to go.

by Anonymousreply 550May 6, 2018 7:04 PM

The Vixen did an interview on this week's episode of the podcast "The Tony Soto Show". It"s on Soundcloud. You might have to fast forward a bit to get to him but he's on most of the show.

by Anonymousreply 551May 6, 2018 7:04 PM

Aja did well guest hosting Fashion Ruview with Raja. (Oh, wait. I said Raja. The Raja troll will now proceed to reiterate the same tired shit ad nauseam.)

by Anonymousreply 552May 6, 2018 7:09 PM

It'd be interesting to hear what she reveals about the other contestants but I'm not sure if I can take her justification and defensiveness to get the good bits.

by Anonymousreply 553May 6, 2018 7:09 PM

They should revoke Miss Congeniality from Valentina, I think. She was SO FULL OF HERSELF. I feel like to be congenial you have to not think you shit lilacs.

by Anonymousreply 554May 6, 2018 7:10 PM

Valentina winning that last year hit home that "Miss Congeniality" is a misnomer; like Aja and Farrah Moan stated on last year's reunion show, it's more of a "fan favorite" vote than anything else. Only a few of the past winners were the most congenial ones in their seasons. Most of them were queens who were eliminated too early, and/or unjustly in the fans' eyes.

Like in beauty pageants, Miss Congeniality should be voted on by the other contestants only. Make the fan vote something different and award a separate prize. Valentina was not congenial in the slightest, nor should she be obligated to be, but she just had a ton of stans who worshiped the ground she walked on and were devastated by her elimination.

by Anonymousreply 555May 6, 2018 7:17 PM

Agree! Make it two prices; the queens get to vote for Miss Congeniality, the audience can vote for Fan Favorite.

by Anonymousreply 556May 6, 2018 7:20 PM

The host of that podcast is very pro The Vixen - to a fault I'd say - so there wasn't a lot of defensivenesd that I recall. One of the female co-host wasn't buying Vixen's 'tude on the show but she kept it cordial in the interview.

by Anonymousreply 557May 6, 2018 7:21 PM

The vixen sucks. She's coming off as immature. Then she puts them on trial for picking her as the one to go...LOL. Stick to your strengths. She'll be hard to beat in lip-sync.

by Anonymousreply 558May 6, 2018 7:39 PM

r558 who of the remaining queens do you think could beat her?

by Anonymousreply 559May 6, 2018 7:40 PM

Good question, R599. Are any of them better at it? Eureka I guess.

by Anonymousreply 560May 6, 2018 7:42 PM

That Untucked was kind of interesting - The Vixen didn't attack everyone else at first, just Eureka. And she kept trying to make it appear as if it was everyone in the room who hated her, not just her. Once the other queens didn't assist her on that, THEN she went for them (and her dramatic performance tantrum which made me think she was still channeling Blue Ivy as a six year old).

r560 There was that one time Eureka didn't know all the words though! That worries me a bit.

by Anonymousreply 561May 6, 2018 7:42 PM

If Kameron is supposed to be this great lip sync "assassin" according to the rumors, perhaps she'll be the one to do us all a favor and send the Vixen packing.

And it will need to be an assassin to do the job. The Vixen can completely botch next week's challenge, take a dump on the runway during her walk, put a hex on RuPaul and Michelle during the critiques... and still know her words and have a routine laid out for the LSFYL. Someone who doesn't know the words and rolls around the stage is not going to be able to do it.

by Anonymousreply 562May 6, 2018 7:45 PM

I liked Aquaria this episode as well. Not a fan but she's self-aware enough to make fun of her frosty image. She did a decent, not great, Melania and looked brilliant for the mermaid fashions.

by Anonymousreply 563May 6, 2018 7:46 PM

Comedy could be harder than I think it is. 1/2 of them should have gone back and picked different characters for snatch game. Beyonce just isn't funny, there's nothing to work with... unless you have a year or two to nail her facial expressions?

by Anonymousreply 564May 6, 2018 7:55 PM

r562 if someone got her mad enough to throw a punch, she might be thrown off the show! Or she might die of a rage stroke

by Anonymousreply 565May 6, 2018 7:57 PM

r564 I don't think Asia and The Vixen are as smart as they think they are, based on the characters they picked. And Asia's just not a good actress.

That being said, I'm glad Eureka didn't do Divine (although I bet she could have pulled it off). I liked Divine better in Polyester, but Female Trouble Divine could be pretty funny, especially if she was drinking liquid eyeliner throughout the show. She couldn't pull out a handgun and start shooting everyone though, that wouldn't be allowed (although it would be great TV!).

by Anonymousreply 566May 6, 2018 7:59 PM

Beyonce could have worked if The Vixen did Kelly or Michelle. The Destiny's Child dynamic with Beyonce as HBIC worked with Debra Wilson playing her.

by Anonymousreply 567May 6, 2018 8:02 PM

r567 I didn't get the impression that Asia had any Beyonce quips or lines prepped. Nothing she did made sense.

There's something to be spoofed about Beyonce as an extremely conceited singer who thinks she's a Goddess. She could use some stage magic and produce flowers out of nowhere, perhaps ascending to heaven in the middle of the show, or bring a magic color-changing wig (if there isn't one that does this yet, why not? That would make a fortune). Or she could sprout sudden wings and make jokes about a bell ringing somewhere (or some word Ru used, or something). Like, the trick to Snatch Game isn't that you have to emulate the person; it's more like you pretend to be them and then take something about them to the extreme so it's ridiculous and funny. Or she could have brought lemons and made lemonade, and a wiffle bat, which is kind of overdone but at least it's SOMETHING other than just being abusive to The Vixen (perhaps she was channeling the audience's collective annoyance with The Vixen by being an abusive mother).

by Anonymousreply 568May 6, 2018 8:07 PM

There's a compilation of Beyonce shady moments on YT. One clip has an interviewer asking about the former members. Kelly starts to mention seeing X at the mall and Beyonce shuts her down ("Don't say their name"). Kelly meekly complies. It's hilariously pathetic. There's another where Kelly introduces herself as "second lead singer". Beyonce does a double take - cough combo.

One of the Debra Wilson bits has Beyonce claiming there's no Michelle in Destiny's Child and then remembering.

If they'd done Beyonce and Kelly, Asia could have made a comment about Michelle being absent because she's off learning the choreography: "It takes her a little longer but don't worry, she'll get it for the performance [turns to stare down the camera] and if she doesn't, she'll get IT [optional pimp hand gesture] AFTER the performance."

by Anonymousreply 569May 6, 2018 8:34 PM

Moving on from hating on all the black queens while ignoring the abysmal performance and passive aggressive attacks of Mz. Cracker who hasn't won ANY challenge. Her runway looks are booted every week too, including the mermaid. Her best moment was as a pickle?

Next week is all about Cher, without THE Cher. And The Vixen finally goes home. Raja predicts another great episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570May 6, 2018 8:58 PM

r568- I would've had a fan on to fan her hair upwards every time she spoke, worked in the hand choreo from Single Ladies, plunked on a dukie braid wig and that ridiculous hat from Lemonade, worked in "To the left, to the left" somehow.

by Anonymousreply 571May 6, 2018 10:14 PM

[quote]I feel like Monique could have gotten a sponsor or something once she knew she was going to be on Drag Race. Surely there's some up-and-coming designers out there that would do stuff to have it be featured on the show.

If you don't already have those connections that is going to be hard to make happen. They only have a couple weeks to get ready for the show and they are contractually obligated to keep it low-key/a secret.

by Anonymousreply 572May 6, 2018 10:23 PM

They didn't say it directly but I think the reason Monique was "up all night" making her runway costumes is because the show has always provided fabrics in the workroom. Mostly for challenges but to add to your look as needed. Monique didn't seem to have brought even cheap or vintage clothes to wear for most of the challenges. She wore one of her 'good' gowns when she had a chance. A bit of that is poor planning but I think she was so broke she needed the free fabric to make something to wear for most every challenge. With very little time obviously.

Eureka has a big wardrobe of custom made pieces designed specific for each runway theme. That's the advantage of knowing a year in advance you will be on the show and spending that year performing as a Season 9 contestant and making RuGirl money. Lots of other performers arrive with beautiful costumes. Asia, Kameron, Aquaria. Violet would never have won without her wardrobe. She sure as hell didn't sew it and it was very expensive stuff. It's not always fair.

Monique deserved to place higher in a few episodes and should have won the design challenge where she made her outfit out of playing cards. I think she kind of got overwhelmed and gave up this week when she had to sew up a mermaid when everyone else (but Vixen) was wearing something they had prepared in advance. Monique was really charming and funny. We all know he can perform better than that disaster lip sync. And she can sew too, but give her a minute. A broke black drag queen from Kansas City, jesus christ god bless him. Thanks to RPDR his life is about to improve. She'll be gorgeous and funny and salty at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 573May 6, 2018 11:03 PM

Is Monique not from the pageant circuit? The name alone made me assume she was.

by Anonymousreply 574May 6, 2018 11:08 PM

Monique brought her own fabric with her r573. Once she found out she was going to be on the show she had no money at the time. It took her a while to get the money to buy the fabric she need for her outfits, and buy the time she got the fabric it was time to go film. So she showed up with fabric that still had to be constructed into outfits. She also only had two pairs of shows I believe.

by Anonymousreply 575May 6, 2018 11:10 PM

Ah, thanks for the explanation R575.

by Anonymousreply 576May 6, 2018 11:49 PM

The always-cringeworthy Venus D-Lite, the first boot from Season 3, covers "Justify My Love" in a video directed by Tyra Sanchez. Featuring WeHo stripper Eddie Danger and his butthole in a cameo appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577May 7, 2018 12:35 AM

Can someone explain why Ru put Witless Houston off limits as a character on Snatch Game? Cause she would seemingly perfect for lampooning and Cannot see why she put the kibosh on it.

by Anonymousreply 578May 7, 2018 12:49 AM

Whitney Houston was allowed, but Asia's plan of using the crack as the source of humor was not. I don't know why production was so scared of that, it surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 579May 7, 2018 12:52 AM

R580 Exactly, Adore destroyed Anna Nicole Smith, Asia could have had a ball switching between the 'people sweetheart' /drug fucked mess personas

by Anonymousreply 580May 7, 2018 1:19 AM

For all her claims about her top level humor I haven't seen a lick of it from Miz Cracker. I don't get all the hype of Cracker.

by Anonymousreply 581May 7, 2018 1:26 AM

Someone suggested that the way you play Beyoncé is to play her as Diana Ross.

by Anonymousreply 582May 7, 2018 1:29 AM

R581 Have to agree, all the hype and she has done nothing amazing, either in the challenges or on the runway

by Anonymousreply 583May 7, 2018 1:33 AM

Maya Rudolph on SNL did a pretty funny Beyonce. Part of the trick is to always be singing, and always have the fan blowing in your face. That's pretty difficult to achieve with Snatch Game.

I also dislike The Vixen, but I did find her reactions to being read during the Library Challenge to be sweet and endearing. She came across as someone who could take it, in the right spirit.

by Anonymousreply 584May 7, 2018 5:36 AM

I would date The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 585May 7, 2018 5:42 AM

R584 she looked like she was tolerating it, that's all. If Ru wasn't there you know she would have cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 586May 7, 2018 5:55 AM

R584 Nobody believes Vixen is anything but angry and insecure. R586 And cut and cut and cut, so much anger

by Anonymousreply 587May 7, 2018 6:16 AM

I think Miz Cracker has some great confessionals and was great in the pickle sketch, but I agree she is getting outshined by Aquaria. She's been good enough not to end up in the bottom two, though.

R570 we like a lot of the black queens, just Eureka, Aquaria, and Kameron seem to be doing better than them. It could have been the opposite, just how the season is playing out. I didn't even really notice or think about it otherwise. Except with the Vixen who specifically said she plays off white guilt to make money, which lowered my opinion of her even more.

Asia was fine until she did that whole "I helped everyone and didn't finish my outfit and it's all YOUR FAULT." bit that dropped her a few notches in my opinion. And she has had some decent looks but her performances have left a lot to be desired. Oh, and the nasty attitude she had with Eureka in an earlier challenge when she was team leader, she could have been The Vixen given how she was reacting.

The Vixen seems to be going out of her way to be the villain. And her outfits especially the last one, haven't been standouts. You can see where she decides she hates Eureka during that untucked when she gets offended over some word choice of hers that you'd have to stretch to turn into an insult. Eureka said something witty when she entered and The Vixen smiled, a real smile then. Since the argument, anytime Eureka says anything, she eyerolls and makes faces like a five year old. And Eureka tries to reach out to her and gets rebuffed. At some point people just stop bothering.

The black queens I liked have all gone home already. I liked the Bob-clone and Monique, even though Monique is blaming everything on funds now. She seems very practical so she didn't invest in a wardrobe or sewing skills even though she has a 6-day a week drag job. She must have been fine with the status quo. I get the lack of money but at some point, it's you.

by Anonymousreply 588May 7, 2018 6:21 AM

Kameron doesn't have a BIG personality, but she generally performs well in challenges and her runway is pretty killer. But at this point, I would rank her ahead of Asia who has been a major disappointment based on her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 589May 7, 2018 6:24 AM

R588, you speak only for yourself. What's this "WE" bullshit. Amatuer tactic. I can see your posts here fool. You aren't fooling anyone. You're a racist. Hateful post after hateful post against only the black contestants.

Btw, the Bob "clone" has not yet gone home. I guess they all look alike to you. Why are you so jealous of beautiful black men? Are we lazy gramps? And why are you pretending not to know the connotations of CRACKER?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 7, 2018 6:31 AM

R590 you're welcome to look at my previous posts. I've said nothing racist. I think you may be projecting and/or clinically insane. Calm your tits.

I know the connotations of cracker. If a white Jewish boy from New York has claimed it as his drag name, it doesn't bother me. Why does it make YOU mad?

by Anonymousreply 591May 7, 2018 6:41 AM

R590 Vixen, is that you? Your tone seems very pointed R591 How does one see what other people have posted? That sounds like stalkery fun

by Anonymousreply 592May 7, 2018 6:47 AM

Ladies, ladies...you BOTH suck. Please let's continue with the topic at hand?

by Anonymousreply 593May 7, 2018 6:52 AM

R592 I was thinking the same thing. The Vixen would try to frame the argument that way, so it seemed bigger than her own pettiness - see how she tried to make her hating on Eureka more about the other girls hating on her than her own dislike. Even when she didn't have a good point she refused to accept it or even listen.

R593 you're a bit premature with that.

Re: viewing other posts - you ignore the user temporarily and it shows some of their posts. Usually the thread you're in but sometimes other threads. It isn't an exhaustive list of all posts by that person just limited to recents I think.

by Anonymousreply 594May 7, 2018 6:58 AM

Eureka is annoying and I think Vixen was trying to find a logical justification not to like her.

by Anonymousreply 595May 7, 2018 7:00 AM

R594 ...and Vixen talking over everyone with nothing to say, christ she is just boring now, and I find myself waiting for the explosion every week

by Anonymousreply 596May 7, 2018 7:04 AM

Vixen just looks like an evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 597May 7, 2018 7:07 AM

R595 I can imagine Eureka could be annoying in concentrated doses, but so far I think she's pretty likeable. And the Untucked with her mother with cancer and sister was really sad and sweet.

Eureka stands up to The Vixen and doesn't just roll over. The others approach her with kid gloves. I've worked with people who are constantly scanning for offenses - it's exhausting. That's probably part of the reason the other girls almost uniformly suggested she should go, when Ru asked.

by Anonymousreply 598May 7, 2018 7:09 AM

Let Kennedy Davenport heal you. She's the best there is at what SHE does, though she's never been rich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599May 7, 2018 7:15 AM

Still, I rise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 7, 2018 7:18 AM

[R564] they could do Beyonce speaking funny as Wendy Williams said asa 5th grade education student

by Anonymousreply 601May 7, 2018 7:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!