Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hole

The first time I saw Courtney Love was when she was on the cover of Circus magazine. I'm not a huge fan of "Pretty on the Inside", but think "Live Through This" and "Celebrity Skin" are two of the best albums of the 90s.

They probably had at least one more good album's worth of songs left in them had they stayed together.

Did you like Hole or ever see them live?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2020 12:53 AM

I'm a huge admirer of Celebrity Skin. "Heaven Tonight" is like a classic Cheap Trick song. "Northern Star" is gorgeous. Malibu, Cherry, Awful and the title track are all brilliant songs.

I also love Courtney's later single "Hold onto me."

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2018 3:22 AM

The demo for Pacific Coast Highway is much better than the produced song that was released on the Nobody's Daughter album.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2018 3:31 AM

Pacific Coast Highway demo version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2018 3:34 AM

I saw them play at Roseland in New York and at Lollapalooza

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2018 3:38 AM

I really like “America’s Sweetheart” even though Courtney refers to it as “le disastre.”

“Nobody’s Daughter” is pretty awful. The producer should be shot for burying Courtney’s voice in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2018 3:41 AM

I saw them play while visiting a friend in Seattle, and crowd-surfed all the way up to the stage during "Use Once and Destroy" (linked). It was a wild night. I almost lost a shoe. At one point, someone tossed a flannel shirt up on stage. Courtney picked it up, tossed it back after a song and growled, "You guys, Grunge is dead."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2018 3:46 AM

One of the most vivid memories I have of being at a Hole concert in 1994 is a sea of barret-wearing kinderwhore teenage girls in a tame pseudo mosh pit / conga line singing the words to Miss World.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2018 3:51 AM

Kristen Pfaff's death and the timing of it was shocking

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2018 3:59 AM

I went to a reading of Patty Schemel's bio. After being fired from the band during the recording of Celebrity Skin (the producer did everything to discredit her and to undermine her work) Patty ended up a homeless crackhead on Skid Row giving blow jobs for money.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2018 4:32 AM

^ reading for

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2018 4:33 AM

Patty Schemel wrote that she was in MacArthur Park and a door opened up and she saw a drum set in a church. She then remembered that she used to play the drums.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2018 3:45 PM

Celebrity Skin had quite a few really good songs.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2018 5:28 PM

Her video for Mono was pretty fun. She said she had a good time making fun of her own image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Has anyone here actually spent time with Courtney? She strikes me as very interesting, intelligent, offbeat, even kind of sweet, but then I wonder if a lot of the nasty shit I've heard about her is true and if she's capable of doing massive damage. Obviously she has mellowed with age and wealth, and she was on copious amounts of drugs for a long time (which would skew anyone's behaviour), but what is she really like? She's fascinated me for years. Can't play guitar worth a damn but she was a great rock star and a terrific interviewee.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2018 5:33 PM

When you get what you want, then you never want it again.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2018 5:36 PM

If you think Courtney can't play guitar you've never seen her play live and/or don't know anything about guitars.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2018 5:38 PM

R16, I play drums and guitar. Don't patronize me, thanks. She's lousy.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2018 5:49 PM

R14/17, please post videos of your superior guitar playing!

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2018 5:50 PM

First, please post a video of Courtney shredding like a champ on her guitar that proves me wrong. Strumming some basic rhythm chords while your sound is turned right down--which is what goes on in her live shows-- does not make one a decent guitar player at ALL. Eric could play very well and did most of the work.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2018 5:53 PM

Love Hole. Got me through a really bad time. But I always thought Billy from Smashing Pumpkins probably wrote most of her stuff. Songs sound similar and they were besties at the time.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2018 5:53 PM

I’m curious to know if anyone can name a male rock musician contemporary of Courtney, with her level of fame and success, who receives the type of criticisms that she does.

For example, is it known that someone else wrote all of Stone Temple Pilots’ songs? It is known that Gavin Rossdale of Bush can’t play guitar?

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2018 6:16 PM

It doesn’t excuse anything but even the biggest Courtney hater knows that she had a shitty childhood. Hell, her dad is on film saying that she killed her husband.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2018 6:17 PM

r20 Me too, I love them so much, even Nobody's Daughter. Samantha is great, PCH, Loser Dust, Someone's Else's bed. I don't even want to get involved with this thread because I know it will piss me off. She was far superior to her hubby and her songs are so raw and great. She's probably an asshole in real life so I'd never want to meet her, but goddamn I love her music.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2018 7:06 PM

Your youth is gone, it's turned to rust, it's all covered in loser dust...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2018 8:36 PM

She was great when she played at the Music Box in Hollywood on her last album tour. And also when she sang with Linda Perry. A lot of the songs from Nobody's Daughter came from those sessions.

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2018 1:11 AM

Courtney Love during the Linda Perry days - with a visit to Carrie Fisher's house - in the documentary "The Return of Courtney Love"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2018 1:15 AM

She's one of few people whose indiscretions and controversies get a pass, because I like Hole's music. Of course, 'Celebrity Skin' is great because of producer Billy Corrigan.

And she may have stolen a few of Kurt Cobain's unrecorded songs, but as his widow, they're kind of hers, right?

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2018 2:08 AM

Janis Joplin didn't write any of her songs, so obviously she's just another no talent puppet.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2018 2:19 AM

Janis also didn't FALSELY CLAIM to have written those songs, unlike Courtney, so you're just another no-talent poopette!

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2018 2:29 AM

Proof that Courtney stole songs? Link?

I’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2018 2:33 AM

I like Courtney’s persona (I was a punk/goth) and Hole had a great album. I thought she was a functional rhythem guitarist. Part of grunge/punk was aboutnot being an Eddie Van Halen, endless and useless riffing. Guitar style rock is dead. She should try some shimmery goth stuff.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2018 2:41 AM

R8 More about circumstances surrounding Kristen Pfaff's suspicious heroin overdose:

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2018 2:43 AM

R32 here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2018 2:45 AM

"I’ll wait. "

Please do, irritable gnat. I was DEFENDING Courtney, you rabid freak. STFU.

Read this again until your cement-head comprehends. Read it ALOUD, mouth breather.

"And she may have stolen a few of Kurt Cobain's unrecorded songs, but as his widow, they're kind of hers, right? "

This link will keep you busy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2018 2:48 AM

Like Nevermind, Live Through This was incredibly prescient, and on the nose. It really was the soundtrack to that time, and the look of so many girls in New York City adopted Courtney's style and look.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2018 2:50 AM

Saw them live for the Celebrity Skin tour.

She was fabulous and so was the band. At the end she climbed one of the light poles (it was an ampitheater), peeled off her panties and threw it into the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2018 2:51 AM

some reddit blather on Kurt having written Hole songs:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2018 2:52 AM

I remember women who you wouldn't typically think of as Hole fans adding some Courtney elements into their corporate wardrobe, like primary colored barrettes in their hair or vintage dresses with boots.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2018 3:05 AM

And in '80s college, so many women dressing up like Cyndi Lauper and Madonna!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2018 3:23 AM

My cousin lived on the same dorm floor as Kristen in Boston in the mid 80s, said she was a really warm person but was homesick and ended up returning home after freshman year.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2018 3:23 AM

Debbie Harry, Courtney and Robbie Nevil in 1987

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2018 3:42 AM

R41, Cripes! CL looks like she was just out fetching sticks. The incredible amount of surgery she has undergone to change her features is astonishing. No wonder she changed herself into a Hollywood clone after she had Kurt kil--er, after Kurt killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2018 3:46 AM

I'm sure all the hard drugs helped her get those great bones out from her puffy teenage face.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2018 5:24 AM

Oh my, R41, I don't know I ever realized before watching that clip that what she wanted was to be a Madonna clone. She wanted to be the punk rock/grunge version of Madonna. I don't know how I've never seen it until now, and I actually was at the VMA show when Courtney threw a compact, or whatever it was, at Madonna while she was being interviewed. Huh.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2018 5:47 AM

Yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2018 5:50 AM

No “presenting” jokes?

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2018 1:42 AM

Newscasters and entertainment show hosts were never comfortable saying the band name. I remember Mary Hart quickly rushing through "Courtney Love and her band Hole..."

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2018 2:24 AM

It was her early work that got to me, my favorite is Pretty on the Inside. Saw them in '91 in Philly, I still have their early vinyl 45's and albums.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2018 4:51 AM

I've seen them two or three times. "Live Through This" still knocks after all this time. Some of their pre-LTT stuff is pretty good. Very raw.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2018 11:57 AM

Baby, there is a room full of death and whores and truth

And I am waiting in that room

And I am sorry I did that for you

It's all whores, it's all pain

It's all disease, man, it's all the same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Courtney is no doubt a manipulator of the highest order, but I watched a documentary (was it BTL?) about her and specifically her parents, and all I can say is monsters aren't born, they are made.....and Courtney's parents should have both been put in jail for their abuse/neglect years ago.

I love Live Through This and Celebrity Skin.....anything else has been hit or miss for me.

And she did a great job in Larry Flynt.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2018 1:04 PM

I was at this show. She changed the lyrics to "Petals" to "I miss the sweet GAY boys in the summer of their youth..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2018 1:06 PM

r45 I remember watching this...poor Courtney...you could feel how uncomfortable she was. I think she felt outclassed by Madonna but she shouldn't have

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2018 1:08 PM

Neither friend or foe, I've just never paid any attention to Love, but I'm fascinated by one tidbit of trivia about her. When she was a teen, she moved to Liverpool for a year or so just because of her obsession with the indie bands there, primarily Echo and the Bunnymen and Teardrops Explode. I find it both admirable and crazy. She ended up connecting with Cope (living in his house for a bit before being chucked out) and basically being an uberfan/groupie of both bands.

She credited Ian McCulloch and Julian Cope for teaching all she knows about being a frontman (woman) of a rock band and songwriting. She also credited Bunnyman Will Sergeant for teaching her guitar. Apparently McCulloch pretty much ignored her but feels (unsurprisingly if you know of Mac's legendary ego issues) he was the primary object of her obsession but she had to settle for Cope and everyone else on the scene. She's had said both good and bad things about Mac over the years.

Tastes change, I don't know if she feels the same way now--my favorite albums twenty years ago certainly aren't my favorites now. But in 1995, she listed two Nirvana albums in her top 10 favorites of all time, but selected the Bunnymen's Heaven Up Here as #1.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2018 1:19 PM

Bob Dylan via Courtney Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2018 1:31 PM

r52 I love Petals! Still one of my favorites of hers. She's the grace of this world/she's too pure/for the likes of this world/this world is a whore.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2018 3:37 PM

Hole is one of the best bands ever. Celebrity Skin is a masterpiece. American Sweetheart demo version was amazing, don't know why the final product sounds so different and much less potent. Nobody's Daughter has some great tracks (Samantha is great). And of course the grunge early stuff is classic. I hope Courtney releases another album, solo or with Hole.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2018 3:45 PM

I'm a fan of their first album PRETTY ON THE INSIDE. It was produced by Kim Gordon and has her arty/noisy approach all over it. Sounds like none of the other later stuff.

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2018 4:29 PM

How come she never gets any radio play? I mean on classic or alt rock stations.

Or even Spotify

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2018 9:12 PM

I have a Hole station on my Pandora, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2018 9:27 PM

Unless it's being presented, I have no interest in this thread title.

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2018 9:29 PM

R56 Tear the petals off of me!

LOVE that song.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2018 10:40 PM

She really was always obsessed with Madonna, mentioning her frequently in the press. This is her in a Vanity Fair profile circa 2011:

[quote] “Ever since I was a little girl,” she said, “I wanted to be famous, because I thought, in the light, they’ll be fair to me. I prayed to God I could grow up and be famous because then they’ll be fair to me. Fair to me? Ha.

“And then it turned out my calling was to be this provocateur. I wrote this song once called ‘Asking for It.’ ‘Was she asking for it? Was she asking nice? Did she ask you for it? Did she ask you twice?’ I was playing with this trope of the vengeful female. [bold] I thought, like Madonna, I could change my persona with my look.[/bold] But what I didn’t understand—I didn’t get the brief on this—is they’ll never let you live it down.”

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2018 10:44 PM

I met Courtney Love at a vast dinner party at Chatsworth House. Odd place to meet her.

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2018 10:50 PM

Murderess!

by Anonymousreply 65March 28, 2018 11:05 PM

R65 You spelled Goddess wrong!

by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2018 11:06 PM

How could you not love her? She's just such an amazing complex woman.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2018 1:08 AM

R58 is right, her best work is the first album, before she met Kurt, Teenage Whore is great. There's just something about a woman screaming obscenities to the sound of a thousand chainsaws taking down a quonset hut. That's what drew me to them the first time I heard them, and why Babes in Toyland is another of my favorites. Kat Bjelland is the ultimate scream and feedback queen, but I like them both a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2018 2:29 AM

I'm always hoping she'll finally enjoy a genuine comeback. I'm not sure what would do that for her. Hard to get attention for that type of music these days, and at her age, besides. A Hole retrospective is one thing, but maybe another great film role would be better.

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2018 4:03 AM

Love the story on WWHL when Drew Barrymore said that she and Courtney were at a Green Day concert in the 90s. When they went backstage, security asked them if they had backstage passes. Courtney said, "My face is my backstage pass.'

by Anonymousreply 70March 30, 2018 6:59 PM

I love Courtney and Hole but I've always been a bit conflicted because the bitch had her husband killed. If you think different then you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2018 1:04 AM

If you think that, why do you still "lover" her? Duh

by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2018 1:15 AM

Of all the great songs on Live Through This, my least favorite is Doll Parts. I'm surprised that was such a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2018 4:00 AM

Demo of "Dying" from Celebrity Skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 31, 2018 6:26 AM

I knew Kurts grandfather.and he always thought Courtney killed him. Im not sure because there was so many suicides on both sides of the family. I think two of the grandfathers brothers killed themselves and some on Kurts moms side. I also think Kurt wrote a lot of her later songs for her

by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2018 6:07 PM

Courtney didn't kill Kurt. She's an Illuminati deputy and Kurt was taken out by mandarins in Pope John Paul II's Vatican.

by Anonymousreply 76March 31, 2018 8:14 PM

"Please do, irritable gnat."

LOL

by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2018 8:19 PM

Courtney on "Conversations from the Edge" with Carrie Fisher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2018 1:51 AM

R78. " That certain stripe of male director that wants to have that whole psychic sexual relationship with you. I mean, I admire the starlets and the ingenues that can go through five movies a year pretending to have like Daddy sex relationships with each of these guys."

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2018 2:01 AM

I'm sure Patty Scheme lovedhearing Courtney telling Carrie Fisher that she was a crackhead living in a tent downtown

by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2018 5:55 AM

Some good Pretty on the Inside era Courtney footage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 4, 2018 2:57 AM

R73, funny I came here to say just about the opposite. (Maybe because Hole was a little but before my time but Doll Parts was the only Hole song they ever seemed to play in the radio in the late 90's.) If any of their other work is even REMOTELY as good as that song (for me), I might consider listening to the rest of that album some day!

by Anonymousreply 82April 4, 2018 4:09 AM

r82 Listen to "Celebrity Skin" it's such a gorgeous album, I love the watery themes. Specifically "Boys on the Radio" and "Malibu". All the songs are great though, honestly, "Petals", "Dying"...It's just a really fucking great piece of work and it holds up over 20 years later. I also love "Nobody's Daughter" and "America's Sweetheart" but I think thematically CS is better put together.

by Anonymousreply 83April 4, 2018 4:13 AM

Who would have thought with all the drugs, hard livin' and crap she's put her body through, that she would come out looking BETTER than Madonna?

Granted she has a different face, but she looks great (Saint Laurent show, 2018):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2018 4:24 AM

[quote]And she did a great job in Larry Flynt.

She was brilliant. Deserved at least an Oscar nomination.

by Anonymousreply 85April 4, 2018 8:02 AM

her original face was quite tragic tho. she looked like a potato.

by Anonymousreply 86April 4, 2018 10:51 AM

As fuckin weird as those P.I. tapes are, and as fucking batshit as she may be, the anti-Courtney/Courtney Is A Murderer sentiment/Crusade always struck me as more Yoko Ono bullshit, just more MRA neckbeard unfuckable misogynist fantasy. The guy was a serially depressed junkie who had attempted to kill himself numerous times and fetishized obliviation in his work. For fuck's sake, he was being wheeled onto the stage for most of his final shows, something even Shane MacGowan hasn't had to resort to until fairly recently, at age 60, with a 140 year old liver.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2018 2:52 AM

Bump for fans to express their admiration

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2018 3:13 PM

[quote] Courtney Love

Killer, killer, chicken dinner.

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2018 3:15 PM

"Hold on to me/oh babe hold on tight/and we'll just see which one of us gets out alive.." She's pissed that pussy killed himself cause he couldn't handle fame... call a WAH-bumlance for poor Kurt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2018 6:50 PM

[quote]the anti-Courtney/Courtney Is A Murderer sentiment/Crusade always struck me as more Yoko Ono bullshit, just more MRA neckbeard unfuckable misogynist fantasy

Couldn’t agree more! And it’s not all MRA types IMO; the girls who squealed over Kurt are grown now but still pissed off that he married her (and not them, of course).

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2018 5:13 AM

That bitch is a real Cunt-“Hole”.

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2018 5:15 AM

Courtney is smart to tour as Hole, instead of as a solo artist.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2018 3:52 AM

Does she still hang around with that big tall blonde who looks like a man and dresses up in vintage clothing, Lisa Thorne I think she’s called?

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Liza Thorn

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2018 4:16 AM

They should just do a greatest hits tour, and not wait for a new album and the publicity machine behind that.

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Courtney Love's mom, Linda Carroll - who moved to New Zealand and left Courtney behind when she was eight - giving parental advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2018 2:56 AM

Courtney is always great to see live, but it is much better seeing her with Hole.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2018 3:17 AM

What's her relationship with Frances Bean like?

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2018 3:52 AM

Courtney is one of the few 90s singers who can still come through life.

by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2018 1:57 AM

I love Courtney she’s tough as nails.

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2018 2:45 AM

Such a tough and extreme persona, much more pure and emotional than Madonna. She really lived it, went through hell and oblivion then survived, leaving the shiny tears behind.

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2018 6:49 AM

Are you there when I'm all alone? Do you even know why I am suffering? are you down to your bones? are you down to your bones?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Murderer!

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2018 7:31 PM

I didn't even know she was in a recent movie about the Menendez brothers. And WOW, she's had even more work done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2018 9:17 PM

I'd rather see Hole play live then another Courtney solo tour.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2018 3:50 AM

How many fucking noses has she had? I thought she looked best during the era when she was completely losing it and always in court and letting strangers suck her tits on the street.

A friend of mine still has a scar on her forehead from a Hole show in high school during which CLove crowd surfed and rammed my friend's head with a stiletto.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2018 3:58 AM

She looks better than Vadge so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2018 4:00 AM

she will play in Italy this summer with 1500 musicians. Remember the Rockin'1000 who played Foo Fighters? The same, but with Courtney singing live.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2018 5:31 PM

I used to be obsessed with Courtney Love, around the year 2000 (?). I ordered the concert video where she went topless off Ebay. I still like the music of Hole. I've seen Courtney play live at music festivals and each time she was an asshole to the crowd in one way or another. I cant believe she's still alive at all.

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2018 5:50 PM

You wonder why she just doesn't get back to writing music with Billy Corgan or whoever and make another Celebrity Skin.

by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2018 12:06 AM

Courtney has Carly Simon's face from a decade or so ago.

Apparently there are only a few end results for these procedures.

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2018 12:09 AM

[quote]She really lived it, went through hell and oblivion then survived, leaving the shiny tears behind.

Hole, like Nirvana had the incredible ability to capture the "teen angst" of the 90s. From "Teenage Whore" & "Miss World" to "Doll Parts" and "Violet." Those teens are adults now and I'm still happy to see Courtney popping up on tv occasionally.

Her cover of "Gold Dust Woman" for the Crow soundtrack was probably one of the few acceptable covers of the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2018 12:52 AM

"Nobody's Daughter" is an awesome album. I can't believe its eight years old.

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2018 1:02 AM

Agree r114, I love "Samantha" and 'For once in your life" and "Someone Else's Bed" and now I need to listen to it.

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2018 1:49 AM

Don't forget Pacific Coast Highway R115

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Live Through This is timeless

by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2018 12:07 AM

Oh yeah r116, miles and miles of regrets, it hasn't happened and it won't happen yet, days and days of perfect sex...

by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2018 1:07 AM

I'd still like to see them live in 2018

by Anonymousreply 119September 15, 2018 2:36 AM

Letting loose after catering the Rancho Cucamonga Boosters Luncheon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2019 4:00 AM

Love me some Hole. Soundtrack to my high school years. Miss World is one of my favorite songs.

by Anonymousreply 121October 13, 2019 4:36 AM

Love Hole, their three albums from the 1990's were the soundtrack to my life.

Their MTV Unplugged was pretty great and underrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 13, 2019 8:50 AM

I used to jump around singing Rock Star by Hole because I saw Liv Tyler do it in a movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 13, 2020 6:36 AM

Should be a Live Through This tour again

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2020 2:30 AM

This was probably my favourite back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2020 3:04 AM

They are my favorite band. I love all of their albums for different reasons—the abstract lyrics and chainsaw guitars on "Pretty on the Inside", the melodies and vulnerability on "Live Through This," and the pure lushness coating the rotten core of "Celebrity Skin." I think "Nobody's Daughter" has some gems as well, though it's not as strong as Courtney's previous efforts.

I really like Courtney, frankly. She's funny, smart, and has a way with words that I appreciate. I was too young to see them during their heyday, but I did see the 2010 version of "Hole" (which was basically just Courtney solo) at Bumbershoot in Seattle. That was a weird experience because it seemed like the crowd was very divided. I saw her again in Seattle in 2013 doing a solo show, and a third time when she opened for Lana Del Rey in Portland (which was also frankly weird, even though I love both their music). Courtney put on a great show each time. Her voice is shot and she doesn't really play guitar anymore, but I will still pay to see her.

by Anonymousreply 126November 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Huge druggie. Lucky to still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2020 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!