Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cassie and Diddy have already settled the lawsuit just 24 hours later

Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2023 12:40 AM

So now we all know he's 100% straight.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2023 2:57 AM

The check's in the mail!

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2023 2:57 AM

R2 that’s exactly what it is. They both said they have decided to resolve this amicably. Aka he paid her what she wanted so she could go away and STFU

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2023 2:59 AM

Frankly pretty smart and savvy on his part. Get out of the cycle asap

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2023 3:07 AM

He probably wrote her a nice big check, like Michael Jackson did with those boys

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2023 3:07 AM

Wait.

Does this mean we weren't raped?

Or?

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2023 3:09 AM

I'm guessing he gave her $30 million, which was what she asked for. The public sentiment towards him has shifted, even before this. I'm sure he was panicked, the last couple of days, and wanted to stop the bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2023 3:09 AM

30 million?

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2023 3:11 AM

He’s very rich. $30 million is nothing to him. Better to just give it to her and she goes away than spend a bunch and make it a circus in court.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2023 3:11 AM

I hadn't been following this closely. So there were no criminal charges, and they settle that quick? Wow. She must have had a lot info about him, or Puffy saw that her speaking up was going to lead to other people coming forward.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2023 3:14 AM

He wouldn't want to make it that sweet or everyone he ever slightly crossed would come out of the woodwork for a piece.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2023 3:15 AM

Oh he's a billionaire

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2023 3:16 AM

Puffy Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2023 3:20 AM

I think it was more than $30 million. She already said she turned down an eight figure offer from him. She went scorched earth on him and probably has a lot of documented shit on him. Plus Kid Cudi backing her on the blown up car story had to have been pretty devastating. Another rapper Yung Joc told a story on a show last year about Diddy making Cassie shaving part of her head.

The court of public opinion would’ve ripped him to shreds and he is trying to nip it in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2023 3:22 AM

Is he seriously a billionaire?! He hasn’t had a hit in decades and I never hear about him. He must have other business ventures and is a producer or whatever. I hear his name and immediately think “has been”. He is also really unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2023 3:25 AM

Sizemeat verificata?

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2023 3:26 AM

He still likes the penis, correct?

Total closeted Faggot!!

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2023 4:04 AM

Countdown to her “accidental” fall from a hotel window…

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2023 4:20 AM

Cassie’s attorneys used the “why would this be a cash grab when Diddy already offered her eight figures not to go public?” excuse. Because she can and did get more. Diddy is terrified of even the hint of prison, however remote that is. It’s his Achilles heel.

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2023 4:36 AM

Will this lead to a reckoning?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2023 5:46 AM

Hmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2023 5:47 AM

Well that's anti-climactic.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2023 7:45 AM

R15 must be living under a rock. Diddy barely made music himself. Bad Boy Records is his. He made a lot off of others. He’s a businessman, and a smart one.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2023 10:44 AM

He should've just paid her what she wanted in first place.

He will never live down the tea she spilled about him forcing her to hire male whores while he cucked in the corner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2023 12:54 PM

I remember reading the Kid Cudi rumours on CDAN years ago but I assumed they were about Jay Z.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2023 12:59 PM

Funny how quickly she settled. It was All about a cash grab after all.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2023 1:04 PM

Curious what they're saying at Lipstick Alley, but too lazy to look.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2023 1:05 PM

Duh r26. She needed that money. She doesn’t have a career and her husband is a personal trainer. She got accustomed to that very rich lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2023 1:06 PM

He would have paid anything to avoid a trial. Can you imagine how embarrassing discovery would be? For the entire hip-hop industry?

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Aside from getting roughed up and dodging a few glass vases, how many of yall would go along with having a fabulous celebrity lifestyle, hiring hung male prostitutes on command, and being allowed to have side boyfriends, for a 30 million dollar payday? Like this post if you would.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2023 1:26 PM

Can she still write a book, or was non-disclosure part of the deal?

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2023 1:30 PM

Now I’m starting to wander about Tupac. Remember Hit ‘Em Up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2023 1:31 PM

The rumor is that he originally offered 10 million but she wanted 30 million. It is also rumored that she got at least 50 million.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2023 2:34 PM

R33 where are these rumors?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2023 2:37 PM

R26, if it was a "cash grab" why did he agree to pay her off instead of fighting the charges in court?

He's guilty and everyone knows it

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2023 5:00 PM

The question remains, diddy?

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2023 5:01 PM

Absolutely nowhere, besides in the minds of those who want to pretend that this was ever about anything other than her needing money. They need to pretend that she only settled so quickly because he paid her some astronomical amount she couldn’t refuse.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2023 5:52 PM

You really don’t think he paid her an astronomical amount of money r37? His attorneys initial public response was weak. Diddy wanted to bury this ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2023 6:17 PM

Biggy smalls and junior mafia some mark ass bitches

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2023 6:17 PM

He should have just paid her before she filed her lawsuit w/all of its allegations. He's probably very sorry he didn't pay her off earlier.

One petty thing I never liked about him was his mouth-breather facial expression all the time. Close your mouth, buddy!

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2023 6:25 PM

In honor of this victory, let’s enjoy her hit song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2023 6:28 PM

R34 from dey cousin S’harmisha’s hairstylist’s brother’s girlfriend’s uncle’s wife K’disha. She been knowin all that tea, b’leeve that, cuz.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2023 6:31 PM

R38 no, I do not. I’m. If he was going to do that, he could’ve paid her the day before any of this came out. The story is out there now. The damage was done, so why pay more? I wouldn’t be surprised if he paid her less than his original offer. She got what she wanted, she damaged his reputation and got paid without having to go to court. I believe her story I just don’t think he’s the type to be shaken by something like this. He probably has 5 other women right now in the exact same situation that Cassie was in. He can’t have them thinking they have the power now. Anything more shocking Cassie had to reveal would probably run the risk of incriminating herself as well. We don’t know exactly how this has gone down. I doubt it’s as cut and dry as the statements are making it seem.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2023 6:57 PM

Diddy is well known to be a creep. We've called him out, just like we called out Spacey and co

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote]So now we all know he's 100% straight.

Any man who hires male prostitutes, handpicks them himself, to fuck his girlfriend while he watches and records it is not 100% for sure.

[quote]If he was going to do that, he could’ve paid her the day before any of this came out. The story is out there now. The damage was done, so why pay more? I wouldn’t be surprised if he paid her less than his original offer.

R43 she called his bluff and went public with the lawsuit. I am sure there are a lot of damning things about herself he thought she wouldn't go public with. I guess he wasn't aware of how over having a music career she was - considering that was the carrot he always hung over her head if she left. And once he saw the tip of the iceberg of what she was willing to talk about publicly, I am sure there is a shitload of DAMNING stuff about him that she wouldn't give a fuck about talking about now - including gay stuff. I am SURE he paid her more than 30 million. She could have gotten that and more in a trial. It must have been double for her to shut up so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2023 7:47 PM

Besides all this relationship drama, he was well known for being horrible to the artists he managed and produced for.

I am also thinking he was doing a little damage control as he knew this was coming. He's been working overtime in the last year to extend the olive branch to his former artists by reassigning his publishing rights to them. Faith Evans, Mase, 112, and many others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2023 8:14 PM

How do I despise this man.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2023 8:14 PM

His new album is a massive flop.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2023 8:35 PM

He was the blueprint for that absolute horridness who came after him - Kayne West.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2023 8:52 PM

There's no way of knowing how much she ends up with. Assuming it is $30 mil, before the money gets distributed the Feds will take 37% and there could be state tax. Do her lawyers get 50% of the gross ($30 mil), or 50% of the net (what remains after tax)? Not revealed is whether it is a lump sum or a payment spread out over - say - 10 years or more. Lot of details had to ironed out in the last 24 hours and of course everyone involved had to sign NDAs.

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2023 8:52 PM

[quote] The story is out there now. The damage was done, so why pay more? I wouldn’t be surprised if he paid her less than his original offer.

Things could've gotten worse for Diddy. The longer the court case dragged on, the more he would have been in the news in this negative light.

Aside from paying her off before she filed her lawsuit, this (paying her off before trial) was the best thing he could have done, PR-wise.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2023 9:11 PM

Diddy is alleged to have horrific breath...must be from all of that underage boy ass he eats.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2023 6:00 PM

Jaguar Wright, who has been speaking out about Diddy and tons of other shady stars for years gives the internet a big I TOLD YOU SO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2023 6:08 PM

[QUOTE]The damage was done, so why pay more?

Well, if she was still holding other, more damaging dirt ouut there as r45 points out, would be one reason. The other would be the discovery phase of the trial. His phone and email records, travel records, etc. would be subpoenaed and he'd have to give depositions under oath. No way he's going to give that to opposing counsel.

Who are the people Combs is rumored to have killed? I stopped keeping up with popular music ages ago, so I didn't know he has such a terrible, violent reputation. J Lo incident aside, he appears to be the most vanilla hip hop artist among casual, white observers.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2023 6:43 PM

BTW, word on the curb is that Cassie got 9! figures.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2023 12:35 AM

R55 show us a link

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2023 12:41 AM

That’s why it’s called “word on the curb” r56. That’s another way of saying gossip that’s not in fine print yet. But we’ll wait and see the next couple of days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2023 12:57 AM

If he was willing to shill out 9 figures then he definitely has stuff to hide

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2023 1:07 AM

She could have told The Rest of The Story! Like that the hustlers would fuck him after he watched a while.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2023 1:22 AM

That may very well be what she left out, r59. Having her lawyers talk to his before filing was the first shot, then the details in the filing -- a more serious shot across the bow. This is why upthread I banged on about Diddy doing anything within his power to avoid the discovery phase . She'd be able to reveal more details and information about these encounters during her depositions as she's questioned about the nature and details -- what went on before and after, who said what to whom, etc. Such detail isn't necessary in the lawsuit filing because she's not suing him because he got plowed by male prosties.

This whole thing reminds of Paul Manafort and his poor drug-addled wife. Even the hustlers were black.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2023 1:39 AM

^ Wait, what's this about Paul Manafort's wife?

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2023 1:52 AM

We discussed this as Manafort was being prosecuted. We discussed it here during the time. I'm probably not using correct search terms b/c there were more details. Look at r8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2023 4:01 AM

R62, thanks. I just re-watched the American Greed episode about Paul Manafort. Dude spent more money on clothes than a vain starlet.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2023 4:06 AM

I know there was more discussion about this here, even with an independent thread (of course! We are DL, all over a scintilla of BBC). IIRC, there were quotes from Manafort's daughters' texts describing the whole sordid, awful, abusive scene. I may have used wrong search terms here and on Google and I'll try again, but it was pretty clear their mother was a benzo mess getting plowed without consent. Yes, Paul Manafort repeatedly set his wife up to be raped and their daughters were blithely having a text conversation about their mother's potential STD infections thanks to dad.

If I don't find the references, it *might* be because the right-wing funders with bottomless pockets got the internet scrubbed for him after Trump's pardon.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2023 4:27 AM

For you, R64.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2023 11:39 PM

Diddy's former security guy speaks out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2023 12:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!