Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Independent consulting is too much hassle and weirdness!

Heads up, guys. I'm a 40 year old female independent financial analyst - glorified numbers cruncher. It's cake work and I'm just another competent person who can practically do this in my sleep. But there are so many self-important but small-fry nut jobs in my niche domaine and getting gigs and dealing with such freaks just isn't worth it anymore. I'm going back to corporate.

The heads up is about a creepy stalker who interviewed me the other day for some lousy, underpaid, couple months gig. Out of control OCD narcissist and apparently he posts on this forum. I'm straight and I've never heard of Datalounge but it looks like you have some fun.

Listen, if you run across this guy, you'll recognise the Fatal Attraction Alex Forrest vibe mixed with a Mommie Dearest "I'm mad at the dirt" distraction technique. (I love those movies!)

He's been stalking me for three weeks with emails and calls, and triangulating me among my peers and mutual contacts. I think he's cracked into confidential information and I'm upping my own online fire walls.

I finally decided to interview because it is well known in our domaine that this troll reacts violently to perceived disrespect and disinterest. I figured I could be polite but distant, give a poor presentation, and pray he would reject me and move on to his next victim.

Well, that was a mistake. The stalking has accelerated. I'm considering a restraining order.

If you have engaged with him, back away slowly with a smile on your face. Stay socially curteous because he has a stick up his needy and unfucked asshole about protocol rules, many invested by his royal self. I vaguely know his husband who is a nice guy and I can't imagine why he stays with this little insufferable tyrant.

And don't believe anything self-reported about him. He's 55 if he's a day, not "early forties", and he looks every miserable year of it. No amount of strip mall botox, Guerlain Terracotta, Everlane and sassy bro fragrances can mask this decrepit troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 11:39 PM

Datalounge detectives, ACTIVATE!

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2023 11:15 AM

1. This is not your first time posting on Datalounge. 2. You are not a woman. 3. You are not straight. 4. You write for a living. 5. You’re good. Looking forward to the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2023 12:15 PM

Nobody gives a fuck frau CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2023 9:37 PM

Is this the anti-trans lunatic spamming this thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 2:26 AM

Yes R4, This pearl-clutching troll is all over the Andy Warhol thread and keeps insisting Warhol was a celibate asexual, not a sexually active gay man. Ironically, she herself likes to larp as a gay man, flouncing around like Rip Taylor, condescendingly referring to other posters as “sweetie,” or uncultured morons from Flyoverstan, etc., because she knows how cultured the gays are. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 2:33 AM

There was another thread where the OP wanted to hire someone to do 1099 forms. OP sent her an e-mail at 2:00 p.m., asking her to read something (but still hadn't offered her a job). OP didn't hear back by 9:00 p.m. and was miffed.

I thought this thread was about that.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 2:45 AM

R5, if you had to guess: what do you think OP looks like?

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 2:48 AM

Should we dox OP?

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 2:52 AM

TL;DR

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 2:56 AM

It's alarming to think nuts like OP walk among us.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 2:58 AM

[quote][R5], if you had to guess: what do you think OP looks like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 4:04 AM

Oh for crissakes. It's an EST. A satiric response to this nut case thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 9:09 AM

Hey dipshit R12/OP if you have to explain the joke you never should have bothered.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 5:43 PM

R12 There’s obviously no connection between that thread and your “satire;” you just dug around and found something vaguely similar about a corporate employee— with a whopping 32 replies —and then claimed you were doing a parody of it to cover up the revelation that you are a mentally unstable frau cosplaying as a gay man. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 6:24 PM

R14 you have serious reading comprehension deficits (see your tragic misread of my statements in the Warhol thread, as well). And perhaps a low IQ or autism as you are blind to obvious satire. And when the cosplay is pointed out to you, after your being duped, you double down, angry. The Huge Manatee of it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 10:30 PM

[quote][R14] you have serious reading comprehension deficits (see your tragic misread of my statements in the Warhol thread, as well). And perhaps a low IQ or autism as you are blind to obvious satire.

OP/ R15, Well then I guess most users of DL have similar cognitive afflictions, because your parody elicited just 3 confused and/or hostile responses. Yes - I (we) must be too obtuse to appreciate your sparkling wit, but at least thank me for increasing the responses to your Swiftian epic to 16 total. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 11:02 PM

Postmenopausal OP talks to her myriad stuff animals she keeps on her otherwise empty bed. And when they're naughty she gets MAD at them!

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 11:10 PM

Nonsense. MerryPrankster got it immediately. Do continue digging in. Your putdowns are witless boilerplate, but I understand. You only get 15 minute breaks at Target to come up with something, anything, to type, to keep up with the few remaining jaded continental sophisticates on DL.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 11:19 PM

[quote]MerryPrankster got it immediately.

Does that mean you actually write for a living, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 11:28 PM

You have to lurk here for many weeks before you can post. Beginning “the other day” isn’t nearly going to get you in here.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!