Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If we're going to get real about this, time to show our dollars.

EVERY LGBTQ person in the U.S. needs to go buy crap at Target this weekend, and buy a shit load of Bud Light (you can drop it off at some charity dinner...)

We are at WAR. Time to fight.

by Anonymousreply 355June 1, 2023 5:18 PM

Dollars for Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2023 4:17 PM

Why the fuck would I, a gay man, buy Bud Light to support that cosplaying attention whore Dylan Mulvaney, and a brand that got the slap down it deserved? Idem for Target.

Here's an idea, you dumb cunt, OP.

Remove "L" "G" an "B" - from your screed. So run along, tranny, and spend all your dimes to pop up your craven heroes.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2023 4:19 PM

I kind of understand where you're coming from. But also, fads come and go. The rainbow thing was a huge fad for a long time, but I think it was inevitable that people were bound to move on from it. I dunno. I'm of two minds about it really. I don't want to throw my dollars at someone's idea of socially conscious branding. Because it's really just a cynical marketing thing to make money. Every PR campaign is a roll of the dice. PBR rolled the dice. People, including myself, do not want Dylan Mulvaney's face on their beer.

But if it comes down to rainbows vs camo, or MAGA hats or bible verses, I will choose the rainbow pattern every time.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2023 4:26 PM

While I acknowledge the idea that the Repugs may well be coming for us gays next, I'm no longer able to read something like this without wondering if the MAGAts would be taking such an aggressive stance if the TQ hadn't put our LGB necks on the chopping block the way they have.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]We are at WAR. Time to fight.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2023 4:32 PM

OP, why don't you go buy that useless crap FOR us and let us know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2023 4:33 PM

T is dragging down the LGB. As soon as we got gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 4:48 PM

Dylan isn't gay (that is, of course he is gay, but he's decided to pretend to be a straight "girl" instead) and "tucking"swimsuits for little kids also have nothing to do with being gay. So why am I supposed to support this bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 4:49 PM

Thanks, OP. I hate Budweiser beer—just can’t stand it. But I love Target! Just told my spouse that we have to buy a lot of stuff there this weekend. She’s delighted!

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 5:18 PM

All these boycott campaigns (by the RW nutjobs and by liberals) have only one thing in common: provoking one side to buy buy buy more, spend more money to show support - for a fucking corporate entity that only helps make those at the top more wealthy. People are so fucking stupid. This isn't a left vs. right issue, it is and always has been a class war. Those at the top of the wealth pyramid versus everyone else. Fuck Target, fuck Bud Light, fuck North Face. Go down in flames, corporate parasites.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 6:09 PM

If your sense of self or identity relies on the ability to, or, even worse, *needs* to be able to see rainbow-themed slogans or items at a multimillion-dollar business chain, you need therapy. Capitalism isn't even all that sneaky, yet people continue to fall for the manipulation. The slogans, the back-and-forth culture wars, and the commercialized fanfare all have one goal in mind: getting you to part with your money. Side bonus: creating division in the population while the rich sit pretty and snicker at it all.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2023 6:19 PM

"Drop the T"

Little skirt hugging quislings that somehow think if the fascists come for the T's that they'll exclude you from the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2023 6:21 PM

[quote]We are at WAR.

"We" nothing.

The Ts and the Qs have nothing to do with me.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2023 6:22 PM

Playing out our political and cultural disputes through the world of brands and products I mean we are fully in Infinite Jest

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2023 6:25 PM

I will continue my normal shopping habits, thank you. Unswayed by culture wars, politics, SJW shit or trends.

That is MY revolution.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote] Little skirt hugging quislings that somehow think if the fascists come for the T's that they'll exclude you from the guillotine.

No one thinks this, as much as you T-lovers try to push it. Fight your own battles, we'll fight ours. We've managed to get plenty over the decades without you all lifting a finger for us. Pretty sure we can survive without you now. In fact, we'd LOVE you to stop "helping" us so much.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2023 6:50 PM

I never asked to be gay but you know what? I like it. I finally feel accepted. I finally feel like an INDIVIDUAL with worth on my own terms. Not politicized, not newsworthy. Just a normal person.

I never asked to be connected to trans or binary folks, and you know what? It's bullshit.

Can we just be normal people? I don't want to decorate my house with. rainbows. It's a nice house. It's a victorian house. Rainbows? No.

Can we not? Am I the bad guy here? I don't want to crossdress. I don't even want attention. I just want to be a normal person. I hate all of this. It actually feels worse than before gay marriage was legal.

I miss the Obama Era.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2023 7:12 PM

Is this a joke

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2023 7:18 PM

Just bought a bunch of cat food at Target online

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 7:21 PM

r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 r6 r7 r8 r15 r16 r17

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2023 7:26 PM

R20 = Triggered little snowflake who has blocked everybody who has ever disagreed with him. Yet he still wants to see what they write! I guess he enjoys being triggered.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2023 7:31 PM

I'm pretty sure most of this thread, like most of these threads, is The Sad, Unfuckable Muppet.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2023 7:33 PM

F&F r20 for being a retard

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2023 7:35 PM

Forget it OP, the sad trolls in here would rather be humiliated and beaten by republicans than to acknowledge they are part of the lgbttq community...

Maybe they are actually not. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2023 7:36 PM

[quote]I never asked to be gay but you know what? I like it. I finally feel accepted. I finally feel like an INDIVIDUAL with worth on my own terms. Not politicized, not newsworthy. Just a normal person.

[quote]I never asked to be connected to trans or binary folks, and you know what? It's bullshit.

You think trans people asked to be trans? You don’t think they like it and want to feel accepted and feel worthy?

And they didn’t hiJack our community community like others claim. They were always part of our community. They’re 0.6 % of the population. In fact they asked for nothing but have had laws passed against them without asking for anything they they weren’t already doing. They just want to live their lives, not be ridiculed and harassed, and not get fired from their jobs, same as us.

There was no massive trans push that started this whole wave of anti-trans discrimination. It was a GOP plan to target a minority community and galvanize their base and we now know which organization was behind it and the language used in all of their legislation and talking points. There are over 450 anti-trans bills in state houses across the country this year. Compared to 117 last year.

They did nothing to raise the ire of the conservatives except exist. And the conservatives don’t give a fuck about them. After they pass all those bills, they’re coming after gays and lesbians which was already their plan.

The Drop the T gays who wouldn’t stand up for a minority community are as bad as the conservatives. They’re republicans in everything but name.

Blame them.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2023 7:49 PM

Is that what that means, R21? When they just put a number? I always wanted to know.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2023 7:50 PM

[quote] You think trans people asked to be trans?

Ummm, yeah. Most of them do these days. Unless it's their munchausen mommies pushing them into it.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2023 7:50 PM

La OP is a Target shill!

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2023 7:51 PM

We need to drop the “Drop the T” gays. They’re the ones doing the most damage to our community.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2023 7:52 PM

Which community is that, hon?

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2023 7:53 PM

[quote]You think trans people asked to be trans? You don’t think they like it and want to feel accepted and feel worthy? And they didn’t hiJack our community community like others claim. They were always part of our community. They’re 0.6 % of the population. In fact they asked for nothing but have had laws passed against them without asking for anything they they weren’t already doing. They just want to live their lives, not be ridiculed and harassed, and not get fired from their jobs, same as us.

Hey, R25. I agree. I'm sorry. I am not as small minded as my post sounded. I think it's other forces that are pulling us apart.

I love everybody and want only happiness, comfort and respect for all of us.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2023 7:55 PM

I am pissed off they both jus caved to the right. Disney didn’t cave and they are now in constant litigation. I don’t know what exactly I would but there, but I a, much more likely to go to the Disney store and spend my money. They put out rainbow shit when they thought it would look good and then started to pull back when they faced consequences, they are cowards.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2023 7:56 PM

Sorry for my typos above, I am all riled up.

-R32

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2023 7:57 PM

Why are you apologizing? You said nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2023 7:57 PM

Lol. No.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2023 7:58 PM

I meant that for R31

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2023 7:58 PM

[quote]We need to drop the “Drop the T” gays.

Yes, please. DROP US. Do it now. Do it often. Do it with gusto.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2023 7:59 PM

I’m going to spend my money on nice shit for my house this weekend - not Target.

But I’ll send warm thoughts out in the universe as I spend that dough.

That oughta help?

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2023 7:59 PM

R12 quislings is not the impressive or apt word you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2023 8:03 PM

When did so many right-wingers start hanging out on Datalounge? Go back to crazy ass twitter, you red-pillers. You are stupid, crazy and mean. Your ugliness is unwelcome here.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2023 8:03 PM

^big ass tgt stock holder

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2023 8:05 PM

Darling R37, this is a gay/leabian/bi forum so how about you find a trans/queer forum and have a ball there?

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2023 8:08 PM

Pardon my fat whore fingers, I of course meant to type LESBIAN!

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2023 8:09 PM

THEYSBIAN

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Gay people had to fight for their right to be accepted to a degree that trans people maybe don't understand.

There. I said it.

We blazed that trail.

I want everyone to be accepted but like, c'mon. We just want to relax. That's how I feel anyway. I don't want to have to buy some beer or some rainbow thing to make a point. I give my tacit support to the trans but I can't fight that fight.

Mathew Shepard. C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2023 8:14 PM

Why would I want to do that, R42?

- r37

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote]THEYSBIAN

Cry-Theybies

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2023 8:20 PM

R46 I am stoned and maybe misinterpreted your R37 post.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2023 8:22 PM

Rainbow Capitalism will save us all! Have you donated yet? Your salvation depends on it! Please, give what you can to the glory of almighty corporations! Bud Lite and Target shall set you free, homosexuals! Buy, buy, buy! What are you waiting for? You don't need to think and you definitely don't need to change a single thing, just spend! This is the sum total of your worth as CONSUMERS. PRAY TO MAMMON! BOW DOWN! GET YOUR FUCKING WALLETS OUT NOW!

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2023 8:23 PM

R48 LOLZ omg

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2023 8:23 PM

R48 You're stoned in the middle of the day. That's hot. Why do I want to fuck you? I have integrity.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2023 8:26 PM

R17/R31, I apologize if I went in hard on you (and trust me, for me, that wasn’t even really hard. I can go nuclear.) I can tell from your follow-up you are a good person and I don’t want to piss off someone that isn’t a hateful anti-transer.

Thanks for clarifying your post at r17.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2023 8:27 PM

[quote] Why the fuck would I, a gay man, buy Bud Light to support that cosplaying attention whore Dylan Mulvaney, and a brand that got the slap down it deserved? Idem for Target.

DL was not happy with Dylan’s schtick before the Bud Light debacle. That hasn’t changed, so I don’t believe many cans of Bud Light will be bought by DLers this weekend (also because it tastes terrible).

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2023 8:42 PM

R52 I love you. We're good.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2023 8:50 PM

R48 hey 👋 fat whore gay stoner you sound like my cup of tea. Come over and sit next to me so we can dish. I’m expecting a dispensary delivery tomorrow morning, in fact

MORE people should be stoned in the afternoon and maybe all this hate wouldn’t be so prevalent, perhaps?

They got y’all fighting their culture wars so that we don’t have the time or energy to fight the real war - the class war. See R10. They know.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2023 9:06 PM

I want to hang out with R48 and R55 damn. Where do y'all live? I don't even smoke but I like your vibe.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2023 9:07 PM

[quote]Gay people had to fight for their right to be accepted to a degree that trans people maybe don't understand.

[quote]There. I said it.

Well you said it dumb. Trans women were among the earliest victims of the AIDS crisis and were fighting alongside and just as hard, and they had to fight be be included in legislation protecting gays and lesbians so that it didn’t just say you can’t discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, they had to fight to add “and gender identity”.

A lot of trans men and women identify as gay before coming out as trans, so they were fighting for us before they came out a second time and now they’re fighting again. So they’ve been through it twice. To claim they “don’t understand” is completely wrong.

They fought against DOMA and DADT and now they’re in the fight of their life and gay men are largely doing NOTHING to help or actively working against them.

Nice payback for the work they did for us.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2023 11:17 PM

I'm leery of joining any political cause where I'm required to drink a Bud Light.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2023 11:41 PM

Show me the money! Show me the money!

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2023 12:32 AM

The thing is it's not even the truly transgender that have hijacked the gay rights movement it's a bunch of delusional straight people who never developed anything interesting as far as a personality and are conventionally unattractive who now call themselves something other than what they are just to fill their dire need to be special.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2023 12:44 AM

[quote]The thing is it's not even the truly transgender that have hijacked the gay rights movement it's a bunch of delusional straight people who never developed anything interesting as far as a personality and are conventionally unattractive who now call themselves something other than what they are just to fill their dire need to be special

Like women haven’t been doing that to gays and lesbians forever? Literally every president of the gay student alliance at my university was an avowed lesbian, and they’re now all married to men and have kids.

Every. Single. One.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2023 1:00 AM

Target should NOT get the sympathy of our community over this stunt. If they were indeed an ally, they wouldn't have PULLED all of the pride merchandise out of "fear for their employees". I say, boycott Target.

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2023 1:13 AM

You mean like Sylvia and Marsha R57?

How many of the 450 anti trans bills are in regards to sports and minors and puberty blockers/hormones etc…

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2023 1:18 AM

R57 the best - and kindest - payback would be to stop enabling, indulging celebrating their mental illness

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2023 1:20 AM

[quote]You think trans people asked to be trans?

You want an answer, or an argument?

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2023 1:35 AM

[quote]Trans women were among the earliest victims of the AIDS crisis and were fighting alongside and just as hard...

Oh, good Lord. Other than International Chrysis, I can't say I observed much of that and I live in Manhattan, Ground Zero of the AIDS crisis, but go on and transwash more history!

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2023 1:39 AM

Marsha is one of the bigger lies in Gay History, now. Thanks trans crazies.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2023 1:50 AM

What if I’m an uppity gay and don’t drink domestic?

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2023 2:15 AM

R68 Then, apparently, you're part of the problem unless you give up your standards completely as well as your money and common sense for the cause.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2023 2:20 AM

Trans people can spend money for once. Gay and lesbian people have spent enough.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2023 2:27 AM

It’s a shame every post about supporting gay rights turns into a diatribe against trans people. It’s almost like everyone is falling into a trap to separate and divide people so that we are weaker and unable to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote]It’s almost like everyone is falling into a trap to separate and divide people so that we are weaker and unable to fight back.

You can't separate and divide people who were never together in the first place. It's more about disabusing people of the fantasy that separate communities ever agreed to such a union.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2023 3:51 AM

^^^^^^

Dumbfuck R72 with his pigeon like brain thinks a war against LGBTT is a war against trans only, I will call that self-destructive blindness.

Hehe R57 we don't even owe anything to trans community, this is a war against GAY MEN as well, it's pretty obvious that transphobe conservatives won't stop at transphobia, and that homophobia is their goal too, it has always been.

The mere "Don't say gay" bill, the "Ban all the books with LGBTTQ characters from schools and public libraries", the whole " Kids shouldn't have lgbtt teachers" and the fact that they are calling us "The alphabet people"/ "groomers" on Twitter is proof of that.

The "gays" in here, claiming that republicans would LOVE us if it weren't for transgender people existing are just as dishonest as George Santos. I don't even see them as gay, just as a bunch of cynical Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2023 6:24 AM

[quote]Target should NOT get the sympathy of our community over this stunt. If they were indeed an ally, they wouldn't have PULLED all of the pride merchandise out of "fear for their employees". I say, boycott Target.

Target has been a great corporate ally over the years (largely wanting our gay money) but I do have a little sympathy for them because the protestors weren’t standing outside picketing, they went into the stores and were harassing and threatening the employees. And I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the majority of the front of store employees are teenagers. They had to do what they did to protect their employees and they only pulled a few items off the shelves and then moved the displays from the front of the stores to the back, but most of It is still available. But it’s bad optics. They should have had police come and arrest the protestors harassing teens.

I have mixed feelings about how it all went down. They backed down against bigots and that sets a terrible president, but at the same time, I feel like they do have an obligation to protect their employees.

The right fights dirty. We need to do the same thing. Go to the schools where their children are and their churches, and stand outside, don’t cross the sidewalk, and scream and yell, and hold up signs of dead bodies from the shootings in Orlando and Colorado Springs and scream at their kids that it’s their parent’s fault. And maybe it would be nice if some left wing gun owners showed up with AK-47s slung over their shoulders and exercised their right to open carry. Scare the shit out of them.

Let’s fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2023 6:27 AM

[quote] Oh, good Lord. Other than International Chrysis, I can't say I observed much of that and I live in Manhattan, Ground Zero of the AIDS crisis, but go on and transwash more history!

You didn't because there weren't that many. Certainly not enough to tell a blatant lie like they were fighting alongside us. No, you know who was fighting alongside us- lesbians and straight women. Actual women.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2023 6:42 AM

Bud Lite really fucked up. Mulvany is the Stepin Fetchit of trans people, and can, at any time, re-identify as a gay man and transition back into OUR shrill and mincing mascot for whatever corporation (if any) willing to hire this screeching queen. There’s no winning either way.

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2023 7:33 AM

I went to Target this morning for regularly scheduled household shopping. Crowds were already out for Memorial Day essentials. The Pride display at the front of the store attracted no attention. Cheap rainbow tchotchkes are kept there year-round anyway, so it's easy to overlook.

The cheap t-shirts with gender-neutral cartoons and slogans about chosen family seemed mostly aimed at teens, though there were obligatory rainbow-colored beer and tequila offerings in the grocery section. Frauen roamed as usual (in identical yoga pants, nursing Starbucks beverages), happy to be away from their kids for an hour, a weekly tradition they're unlikely to abandon at the urging of Lauren Boebert.

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2023 2:59 PM

Anti-trans loons are failing to recognize the emerging reality that once a significant cultural shift begins surfacing regularly in the mainstream, enough to cause disruption and upset for the conservatives, status quo, and out-of-touch throwbacks, it indicates that particular cultural shift has already become embedded and is now part of ongoing societal evolution. In essence, your outrage is already too late. All you can do is fight against the rising tide or try and swim against the strengthening current. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2023 5:06 PM

R72 they are dividing allies and hysterical people threatened by less than .5% of the population are helping the propaganda. How about we stop hating people for who they are. And it is all HATE. And once hate quashes out one group, it moves on to another. What’s left, women have been hit, immigrants have been hit, affirmative action will be gone any day now . . . So guess, what’s the next Supreme Court case to go?

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2023 5:12 PM

R78 what is your personal approach?

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2023 5:16 PM

They want us to fight - like the posters above saying drop the T. If we fight amongst each other then we cannot fight them.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2023 5:21 PM

R74 that strategy is a fail

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2023 5:27 PM

R80 - my personal approach is to live and let live. Whatever someone is going through is their business. Sexuality, gender identity, etc. is a deeply personal experience and not one that can or should be homogenized. Individual self-expression should not be homogenized according to a particular group's ideology. There is no one-size-fits-all recipe for an individual's personal evolution. Duality/binary thinking is outdated at this point because life is only ever-changing and fluid. (Gen Z is a rising example of a generation living mostly out loud with these concepts.) Societal "norms" have changed and evolved over the centuries, and you can study history to locate those patterns. They're not subtle. Regarding support for various causes - I do what I can locally, in my own communities, and do so as an individual. I don't look to politics or religion or a multimillion-dollar corporation to instruct my choices on who to support or donate to. I don't participate in a politics-based, culture-war-based "us versus them" mentality, especially if the corporations are wedging themselves into that conversation. The motive there is wholly profit-based and that should be obvious to most people by now.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2023 6:25 PM

Yes, live and let live.... unless you're a woman or gay.

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2023 6:42 PM

R83 👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2023 6:43 PM

You expect us to reward Target and AB for giving in to the terrorists?

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2023 6:50 PM

I’ll find some gay-owned small business to shop at instead, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] I'm no longer able to read something like this without wondering if the MAGAts would be taking such an aggressive stance if the TQ hadn't put our LGB necks on the chopping block the way they have

You have this question when not just homophobia but white supremacy and anti-Semitism are now fully out in the open in the Republican mainstream? When Republican ideology is basically a zero-sum stampede back to 1890? Let me clue you in: yes, they would be.

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote]Marsha is one of the bigger lies in Gay History, now. Thanks trans crazies.

Bitch, don't make me throw a brick at you.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]I went to Target this morning for regularly scheduled household shopping. Crowds were already out for Memorial Day essentials. The Pride display at the front of the store attracted no attention. Cheap rainbow tchotchkes are kept there year-round anyway, so it's easy to overlook.

The news articles have stated that Target has had the problem merchandise that people were complaining about removed from the Pride displays, leaving the inoffensive merchandise. It looks like you have confirmed that’s true.

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2023 8:29 PM

R84 seriously. 👍✊

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2023 9:41 PM

R84 - it should have been clear to you that live and let live is my *personal* approach, which does, in fact, include supporting gay causes and women. Your tepid attempt to entangle the statement into the current ridiculous political culture war climate fails to impress. If you're stuck on the hamster wheel of manufactured outrage, that's your personal journey to grapple with, and I will "live and let live" your experience, as per my original statement. Do you understand how that works yet?

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2023 9:45 PM

^ reply by R83 of course

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2023 9:46 PM

R92 you are clueless

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2023 9:52 PM

[quote] it should have been clear to you that live and let live is my *personal* approach, which does, in fact, include supporting gay causes and women. Your tepid attempt to entangle the statement into the current ridiculous political culture war climate fails to impress. If you're stuck on the hamster wheel of manufactured outrage, that's your personal journey to grapple with, and I will "live and let live" your experience, as per my original statement. Do you understand how that works yet?

No one is hungry for your word salad. You're either with us or against us. Sounds like you picked your side.

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2023 10:01 PM

We do understand that the right wing trolls are just trying the split the gay community with this nonsense, yes?

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2023 10:27 PM

Demand, Demand, Demand - it's all the TQs seem to do nowadays.

I'll spend money at a gay-owned business thanks.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2023 10:31 PM

[quote]The mere "Don't say gay" bill, the "Ban all the books with LGBTTQ characters from schools and public libraries…”

Holy shit, there’s another “T” now?

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]We do understand that the right wing trolls are just trying the split the gay community with this nonsense, yes?

I don't know a single gay person who is cool with this shit anymore - we aren't all right wingers or trolls and the sooner the TRAs finally accept that the better.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] It’s a shame every post about supporting gay rights turns into a diatribe against trans people. It’s almost like everyone is falling into a trap to separate and divide people so that we are weaker and unable to fight back.

Yes, R71, it's EXACTLY FUCKING LIKE THAT.

Makes you wonder where these TERF motherfuckers really came from and what these TERF motherfuckers are really up to.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2023 10:45 PM

That's because you don't actually know any gay people, R99.

You're a fucking internet troll and a fucking right winger. Every gay I know supports Trans rights. Every. Single. One. Only the trolls and the right wingers are spreading this political propaganda.

Trollin' trollin' trollin' - just keep trolling, right-wing cunt. Keeps you out where we can see your vile ugliness and smack you around.

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2023 10:49 PM

No, you don't, asshole at R101. You'll say anything to push your bullshit agenda. My guess is you aren't even gay.

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2023 10:54 PM

We do understand that the right wing trolls are just trying the split the gay community with this nonsense, yes?

No, we actually don't understand that, because whatever "right wing trolls" you've invented in your fevered little brain, couldn't give two fucks about the "gay community." It's the TRAs who want to see the gay community splintered into pieces.

by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2023 10:55 PM

R95, here at the Datalounge we are absolute, totally, 100% AGAINST YOU. We've always been against you. We've never had any trans problems here and we don't have any Trans problems here now. We have a motherfucking TERF INFESTATION problem.

Now that we've made that abundantly clear, please go somewhere else to die. Thank you and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2023 10:57 PM

The Nazis have always used hate to draw cultural divides

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2023 11:02 PM

Split? I remain united with the gay community under the rainbow flag.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2023 11:03 PM

R103 is just another dumb as dirt TERF cunt.

Yes, we understand that the "fight" against Trans people and the constant attacks against Trans children are a right wing political plot, operation, whatever you'd like to call it. It is designed to split the left. I suppose they are desperately trying to make the Left splinter as explosively as the right is doing now but they've already failed.

Trans people already won this fight. The Democrats already won this fight. We'll continue to crush the TERF cunts here on the DL but the war has been won, thank God. The TERFs will keep desperately flailing away but TPTB know that it's a loser's game for them.

Too bad, so sad for you TERF cunts. Losers losers losers, always such total fucking losers. What do you have, some shitty legislation in shitty, poor Red states? We'll overturn every single one. Fuck you and the tired old whore of a horse you rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2023 11:03 PM

R92 you sound like the clueless one to me.

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2023 11:04 PM

R95 - enjoy your emotionally immature us v. them world. You must enjoy struggle and frustration because with your outlook, that's all that is ahead of you. Poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2023 11:09 PM

[quote]Trans people already won this fight.

Great, let's all move on, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2023 11:15 PM

Oh, the trannys have descended once again. Can't you smell the exposed intestine?

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2023 11:16 PM

[quote]Every gay I know supports Trans rights. Every. Single. One

All the gays I know are exhausted by the fucking never ending drama. Every. Single. One.

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2023 11:18 PM

Gay man here. I support trans rights. What I don't support is trans taking rights away from others. Seems the trans and their supporters have trouble understanding the difference.

by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2023 11:19 PM

Bud Light by Transheuser Bush.

by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2023 11:20 PM

"Too bad, so sad for you TERF cunts. Losers losers losers, always such total fucking losers. What do you have, some shitty legislation in shitty, poor Red states? We'll overturn every single one. Fuck you and the tired old whore of a horse you rode in on."

The emotional immaturity and extremism of the crazy trans folks is what has turned people against them. No brakes on their crazy brains, they just go and go

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2023 11:27 PM

I just ordered a bunch of shit from Target. It's not my usual shopping destination but it's fine. Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, sponges, a bunch of beach towels for the upcoming season and some cushions for my outdoor loungers. Fucking expensive those lounge cushions!

I'll pick up a case of Bud Light or maybe two and keep them in the pool house for whenever they come in handy this Summer.

I'll continue to keep Anheiser Busch and Target in mind for whatever shopping I need to get done in the immediate future.

Fuck those TERF whores.

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2023 11:28 PM

I'm still not Trans, dumb cunt at R115.

You TERF morons just don't get it, do you. People fucking HATE you and what you are doing to Trans children - we hate you. We don't have to be Trans to see how vicious and cruel you are to those poor kids. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2023 11:29 PM

You get more bees with honey than vinegar, R117. The histrionic nature of these discussions are a real turn off.

by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2023 11:34 PM

I don’t think it’s TERF (radical feminist being part of that acronym) that are the ones boycotting Target and Bud.

by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2023 11:36 PM

Is Target still donating to anti-gay political groups? It's interesting how the tides have turned. Or have they?

by Anonymousreply 120May 27, 2023 11:37 PM

The "drop the T" posters are all conservatives. All of them, it's a conservative point if view. It's possible any of them are also gay, but most if not all of them are straight or straight-presenting homophobes. "LGB" is not mainstream, it's an obvious front to divide the LGBT community to better destroy it.

They are not allies to gays and enemies to trans--there's no such thing and actual gay people know this. Transphobes make no distinctions between gay and trans; they hate us all equally. Anyone who can't see this is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 121May 27, 2023 11:38 PM

[quote]What I don't support is trans taking rights away from others. Seems the trans and their supporters have trouble understanding the difference.

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 122May 27, 2023 11:39 PM

I love target but there’s no way in hell I’m Buying shit beer.

by Anonymousreply 123May 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Gay Man. NOT fighting for Trans. Sorry. They are hurting all of us. Stealing the straight womens restrooms and medals isn't anything I want to support. Dylan Mulvaney is a drag queen not a trans woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 27, 2023 11:46 PM

Ok, you're not trans (if you say so), r117. But you ARE unhinged and seem to be having some kind of emotional and mental health issues

by Anonymousreply 125May 27, 2023 11:46 PM

Amen to that, R121. People have to wake the fuck up and see what is actually being done to LGBTQ voters. They want to wreck our vote and pick of the idiot fraus while they're at it. "Oh the cheeeeeeeldriiiiiiiiiiin!" and all that horseshit is just political posturing. They're all lying sacks of shit.

MURIEL should ban them.

by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2023 11:46 PM

Dumb conservatives pretending to be gay and spouting nonsensical political slogans really don't work on us here at the DL, R125.

Try something else next time, hon.

by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote] But you ARE unhinged

I’ll take “what conservatives say when they can’t counter the arguments” for 200, Alex

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2023 11:50 PM

Draping your little child in a trans flag and then bragging about how many VIEWS you get on social media for it? Oh, and that SAME child little child claimed to be GAY before being trans?.....NOPE. You are not my "ally" and I will not be yours. I am not transphobic. I support ADULTS transitioning. Not little 6 year old kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2023 11:55 PM

This thread is LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2023 11:57 PM

You don't speak for DL, r127.

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2023 11:58 PM

"Trans Children"?

More like gender-non conforming ones. The "sissy boys" and "Tomboy" girls who defy gender stereotypes ...the kids with creepy homophobic parents as seem in r129s link who try to "straighten" them out by transing them.

by Anonymousreply 132May 28, 2023 12:00 AM

Notice how it's the TRA who is screaming CUNT at everyone and having a massive emotional and hostile breakdown.

Not the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 133May 28, 2023 12:36 AM

They scream cunt because they are angry they will never have a real one R133. All roads lead to a rot pocket that smells like a sewer

by Anonymousreply 134May 28, 2023 1:04 AM

You are an idiot if you think they are not just using Trans as an excuse to get rid of all of us. It was not a Don't say Trans bill in Florida and now in 20 other states. Teachers are not being fired for showing movies with Trans people in them, the Proud Boys are not showing up to Trans Story hour. IT IS ALL OF US and the more you decided you got just enough rights and fuck the rest the more they win.

by Anonymousreply 135May 28, 2023 1:07 AM

Ohio is going to pass a birth gender bill. Not just in schools but universities. The GOP has taken over here. Sherrod Brown is going to lose bigly next because the GOP are pouring millions already to get him out. Do not move to Ohio. Crime in cities like Columbus is out of control too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 28, 2023 1:23 AM

[quote]The (Ohio) bill would also restrict schools from granting trans students access to a bathroom that doesn’t correspond with the gender assigned to them at birth, eliminating accommodations for trans students that school staff have arranged across the state.

R136 This is interesting because it looks like the Ohio legislature has recognized the problem of trans men on hormones who pass as male using female bathrooms and other women’s spaces, but there’s no way that banning trans or intersex people from using ANY bathrooms at all could be legal. Gender-neutral bathrooms should be required to accommodate trans, intersex, and gender non-confirming people (who would otherwise upset or scare people by using bathrooms that don’t correspond with the gender they present as.) I think the above quote from the article you linked must be in error, a case of poor writing or deceptive reporting.

by Anonymousreply 137May 28, 2023 1:43 AM

NOT A JOKE......What I don't understand is why the Trans Community doesn't want to create their own genre of sports categories. I would support that. Sponsors would probably get on board too. Why take a medal from a straight woman? Why flash your dick and balls around a womans lockerroom? The Trans Community is vilifying themselves in a way that is unwinnable for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 138May 28, 2023 1:57 AM

Dylan Mulvaney is abhorrent to almost everybody.

by Anonymousreply 139May 28, 2023 2:05 AM

I don't see how it's helping gays or gay pride or gay rights or anything gay at all to be sucked into buying useless, overpriced, important souvenirs to nothing but corporate cynicism.

by Anonymousreply 140May 28, 2023 2:05 AM

Especially when said corporations just bent over and let the terrorists win

by Anonymousreply 141May 28, 2023 2:20 AM

Intersex people are male or female r137

by Anonymousreply 142May 28, 2023 2:21 AM

Intersex people are whatever they decide they are, mouth breather. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 143May 28, 2023 2:30 AM

[quote]Intersex people are male or female [R137]

True, but not all of them pass as their birth sex, particularly men with partial or full androgen sensitivity. Some look fully like women on the outside, while others like olympic runner Caster Semenya, look and sound fully male but are legally considered “women” because they were born without developed, external, male genitalia.

by Anonymousreply 144May 28, 2023 2:32 AM

[quote]I’m leery of joining any political cause where I’m required to drink a Bud Light.

If Jesus himself shows up telling me to drink Bud Light I’m going to wave over Satan to bring me a Bellini or a nice Moscato instead.

[quote] Gay man here. I support trans rights. What I don’t support is trans taking rights away from others. Seems the trans and their supporters have trouble understanding the difference.

I wouldn’t paint trans people as a whole with that wide a brush. The trans women I know in real life and the transitioning kids of friends just want to live their lives and not be harrassed and attacked for doing so. Something I wholeheartedly support.

However, I have noticed more and more that there’s a special breed of professional trans activist that seems to devote more time to loudly screaming “THAT SHOULD BE OURS” about any achievement or space gay men have made for themselves than fighting against the heterosexual bigots that are trying to legislate them out of existence. I gather that doing the latter would be [italic]hard[/italic] and it’s much easier to demand you be handed the fruits of someone else’s labors than work for your own.

So I'll be voting against any politicians that are drafting any of the bathroom bills and ones targeted at trans healthcare as well as the "Don't Say Gay" ones. But those who are offended by the existence of gay- or lesbian-centric bars, restaurants, community centers, organizations, and entertainment should STFU and design/fund/build their own trans versions if they can't live with not being the center of the ones our communities have already created.

by Anonymousreply 145May 28, 2023 2:35 AM

Intersex people didn’t ask to be lumped into your bullshit r143. Intersex conditions are sex specific you shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 146May 28, 2023 2:36 AM

God, some of you assholes are just as bad as far right Republicans. Go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 147May 28, 2023 2:40 AM

That's because they ARE far right republicans, R147. Gay people don't give a shit about trans people. It's nothing but right wing nut jobs trolling a gay website to turn gay people against trans. It's so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 148May 28, 2023 2:43 AM

[quote]What I don't understand is why the Trans Community doesn't want to create their own genre of sports categories.

Because if trans women all competed against each other, only one of them would be the champion.

by Anonymousreply 149May 28, 2023 2:48 AM

My bad. I meant to say intersex men with full or partial androgen IN-sensitivity (aka AIS or PAIS) who have internal testes, but on the outside they resemble women to varying degrees.

by Anonymousreply 150May 28, 2023 3:05 AM

It is comical that any gay person standing up for women and children (who will of course grow up to be gay adults) calls every dissenter "right wing" when their biggest group of fellow TRA obsessives is... the government of IRAN!

In Iran you can rebrand your gayness as TRANS or they'll fucking KILL YOU! I'm sure you can see the rabid, raging, trans obsessed nutbags here are just as venomous, but gays who dare speak out for gay people, women and terrified children are the right-wingers!

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 151May 28, 2023 3:21 AM

[quote]This is interesting because it looks like the Ohio legislature has recognized the problem of trans men on hormones who pass as male using female bathrooms and other women’s spaces, but there’s no way that banning trans or intersex people from using ANY bathrooms at all could be legal.

People couldn't still use the restroom for the sex they are biologically? I thought trans women would be expected to use the men's restroom.

by Anonymousreply 152May 28, 2023 3:22 AM

R152 That’s what the article implies, but it turns out it was shoddily written by a biased reporter. I checked out some legitimate news outlets who report that the bill actually does allow for single-occupancy bathrooms than can be accessed by either gender. It only prohibits multi-gender bathrooms that are multi-occupancy.

by Anonymousreply 153May 28, 2023 3:47 AM

[quote]All the gays I know are exhausted by the fucking never ending drama. Every. Single. One.

Your friends sound extra and exhausting themselves. Maybe you need better friends. Maybe you need a trans friend.

by Anonymousreply 154May 28, 2023 5:09 AM

My 51-year-old trans woman friend that I went to high school with lives in Texas. She was just notified that her endocrinologist who overseas her medical transition and continuing hormone therapy is leaving the state because of the new law. And she said originally all of the trans care information and doctors were listed on the hospital website where she goes, but it’s all been scrubbed, and it’s very hard to find information on gender affirming care online now. Because doctors are getting death threats.

She has a family, and they had been planning on leaving Texas for Colorado when she was closer to retirement, but now that timeline has moved up and she’s planning it as soon as possible.

These laws are driving doctors out of states, and they’re not just taking care away from trans kids, because those are the same doctors that treat trans adults. And they also treat non-trans patients. So Texas and Florida and Ohio and other places are going to be hemorrhaging good doctors that treat both trans and non-trans individuals and you’re going to be left with shitty doctors that got their degrees in Caribbean medical schools.

So now, my friend has to move against her will. She probably never should’ve moved to Texas in the first place, but we’re from Louisiana originally so it wasn’t that different.

by Anonymousreply 155May 28, 2023 5:17 AM

[quote] This isn't a left vs. right issue, it is and always has been a class war. Those at the top of the wealth pyramid versus everyone else. Fuck Target, fuck Bud Light, fuck North Face. Go down in flames, corporate parasites.

Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the people!

by Anonymousreply 156May 28, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote]These laws are driving doctors out of states, and they’re not just taking care away from trans kids, because those are the same doctors that treat trans adults. And they also treat non-trans patients.

Are you talking about endocrinologists? Why don’t they just not give cross-sex hormones to kids rather than leaving their states? The law won’t come after them just for being doctors who prescribe hormones. They also treat diabetics, menopausal women, thyroid issues, etc. and leaving the state in droves would hurt scores of non-trans folks compared to the tiny population of transgender people without life-threatening conditions who can just move to a blue state get aesthetic hormone treatments where it’s legal.

by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2023 5:30 AM

I went to Target today, OP, and I wore my new rainbow tie-dye shirt in case anyone was counting. Okay, I wear that shirt all the time, but still.

Happy, OP?

by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2023 7:52 AM

OP, you're exhausting

by Anonymousreply 159May 28, 2023 8:55 AM

Sponsor a refugee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2023 1:00 PM

I would sponsor a refugee, but only if they plan to move to a state I hate. I want to get some value for my money.

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2023 1:30 PM

They're already in a state you hate. You'd have to move them to Russia to get any satisfaction.

Say......

by Anonymousreply 162May 28, 2023 4:45 PM

Will this thread still be here on Monday morning?

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2023 7:01 PM

I certainly hope NOT R163. These TERFs are nothing but fucking trash. The right wing extremist trolls who are blatantly using and manipulating the TERFs (as well as pretending to be TERFs themselves) are insane and nothing but trash.

MURIEL needs to nuke the shit out of all of you Trans-Hate fucking loons.

The Datalounge has never given one single fuck about Trans and I've been here for 25 years. Not One Single Fuck.

We're not going to start now, you fucking moron-clowns have been haranguing us here for several years now. Fetch isn't going to happen for you. Go away or continue to be mocked, reviled and have your threads nuked.

And fuck you, rancid political scammer cunts. You don't give a fuck about anyone or anything.

by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2023 7:40 PM

Are you this insufferable in person, R164 or do you not get a chance because no one will talk to you?

by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2023 7:51 PM

It will be a relief, r164, not to be exposed to your screeching any longer. Maybe you should join Breitbart (or wherever), so that you can more accurately direct your screed at its logical targets.

Or maybe you should just commit yourself to Bellevue for your increasingly paranoid ravings.

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2023 7:57 PM

Always good to see that I made the right choice when blocking someone, as I did long ago with R164.

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2023 7:59 PM

Always good to see you fucking political propaganda TERF trolls have your sockpuppets handy!

The Datalounge hates you and we don't give a fuck about Trans. Die in a grease fire, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2023 8:03 PM

I recently heard an interview with Richard O’Brien about the 50th anniversary of the Rocky Horror Show, and he spoke of how he can’t opine about gender issues without being attacked (from both pro and anti-trans activists I surmise), since he’s not only a gender bender himself who’s referred to himself as “two-spirit” in the past, but a critic of trans extremism. His take is: be who you are, get a sex change if it makes you happy, but don’t pretend to be the same as non-trans people who actually are the biological gender you present as. Trans and gender-nonconforming people are unique and should embrace there uniqueness instead of forcing themselves into the heteronormative arena. That said, I can’t find a transcript of his interview on the web, which isn’t surprising, considering his claims of censorship attacks against him. It was on NPR (I think) produced by the BBC. If anyone can find it, please share.

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2023 8:12 PM

^^ OK - the interview is probably from the BBC Radio 2 documentary about the RHS 50th, but I still can’t find it.

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2023 8:17 PM

Right, r168. When all else fails, shriek "sockpuppets!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 28, 2023 8:17 PM

Oh dear — I meant “their uniqueness” — ugh.

by Anonymousreply 172May 28, 2023 9:12 PM

All the posters screaming TERF/CUNT sound insane. Idk what they are trying to achieve beyond alienating sane people.

by Anonymousreply 173May 28, 2023 10:50 PM

Who'd have thought that screaming abuse and insane demands at people would make them LESS likely to support your cause?

But no, it's because everyone is "right wing" and a "nazi".

by Anonymousreply 174May 28, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote]She has a family, and they had been planning on leaving Texas for Colorado when she was closer to retirement, but now that timeline has moved up and she’s planning it as soon as possible.

It's not something that is covered very well in the media, so I'm curious, if a bio man taking hormones to be a woman had to stop taking hormones, would she revert to normal?

by Anonymousreply 175May 29, 2023 12:31 AM

I hate to say this, but I don't know what TERF stands for. Trans-something or other obviously.

by Anonymousreply 176May 29, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote]She was just notified that her endocrinologist who overseas her medical transition and continuing hormone therapy is leaving the state...

Good! There is no such thing as a "medical transition" at all! These are very troubled people suffering from a dysphoria! Who the hell thinks they are actually "transitioning" to another gender? It is of course pure madness and these doctors are practicing Dr. Mengele-style "medicine"!

by Anonymousreply 177May 29, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote]Trans and gender-nonconforming people are unique and should embrace there uniqueness...

Hasn't that always been the point?

"Look at me! I'm UNIQUE!"

by Anonymousreply 178May 29, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote]her endocrinologist who overseas her medical transition and continuing hormone therapy is leaving the state.

Out of state is better than overseas.

by Anonymousreply 179May 29, 2023 2:20 AM

It’s interesting that, in the past year, conservative Christian pundits have demonized three types of bikini models on the cover of Sports Illustrated: trans (Kim Petras), overweight (Yumi Nu), and elderly (Martha Stewart). I can understand their stance on transgenderism; it’s because they hate the LGBT community. But why do they want overweight and elderly women deplatformed, shunned and put in “their place” as well — like the trans? The commonality is that all three types are either sterile or not “ideal” child-bearers due to age, hormones, or health, conditions that happen to be treated by… endocrinologists.

Coincidentally, endocrinologists are now under threat of legal action in states like Texas for giving puberty blockers to minors. But of course they also provide treatment to overweight diabetics and administer hormone replacement therapy to older women, allowing them to have careers, participate in politics, and enjoy a better quality of life (including enhanced sex drives). So call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think Republican politicians want to tear down institutions like healthcare and public education not because of transgenderism, not because of “wokeness,” and definitely not for the sake of the children (who are obviously pawns.) It’s so they can reform healthcare and education into Christo-fascist institutions that completely control and make choices for women, oppress minorities, and mandate the administration of medical care and the content of academics based on fundamental Christian ideology.

by Anonymousreply 180May 29, 2023 2:29 AM

R177 then don't get it. You don't have to. But it's not your job to tell other people who they are or who they should be. I mean this in the best possible way, I think you should think about why you think it is your job?

by Anonymousreply 181May 29, 2023 2:59 AM

Stop "transing" gay children, r181!

by Anonymousreply 182May 29, 2023 3:40 AM

R181, I’m not the poster you’re responding to, but transgender ideology affects nearly all of us in one way or another. It’s not just about one person taking on an identity that doesn’t affect others at all, it’s a whole lot of people (far more than there ever used to be when this was less a social contagion/fad) expecting society to reconfigure itself just to help trans-identified people feel secure about their new identities.

In some ways it isn’t a big deal. Trans people weren’t a big deal back in the 90s, for instance, because there were a lot fewer of them, they weren’t making crazy demands, and they didn’t have the full weight of organizations like HRC and Glaad and the ACLU brought to bear on them. Those less demanding trans people aren’t a big deal now. It’s all the crazies that have crawled out of their hovels to shame gay people for their “sexual prejudice” against trans people; it’s the people who say things like “Protect Trans Kids” as if there’s any way to know a currently trans-identified kid will grow up to be a trans adult if no transition (social or medical) takes place during their preadolescent years. It’s the people who think men who say they’re women should be housed in women’s prison estates. It’s “non-binary” and pretending those people really are neither men nor women, somehow (based on their personalities, interests, and how intensely/cartoonishly masculine or feminine they feel or don’t feel), and that they deserve to have their grammatically egregious pronouns respected, and in general need protecting under the law.

It’s the people who think anyone who questions the above trans demands (and innumerable other demands) is “right wing” or “a traitor to the LGBTQIA+ community” or a Nazi British frau.

Every sane person should consider it their job, if they’re brave enough, to stand up and say “Yes, we’re sorry you’re suffering (or horny and fetishistic or whatever), but we can’t play along, and it would be better if you got some counseling, because no one can change their sex, and ‘gender’ and ‘gender identities’ are regressive, sexist, homophobic, incoherent notions.”

by Anonymousreply 183May 29, 2023 4:02 AM

R25 .6% of the population? I’m sure that does not take into account trans high schoolers, who now abound.

by Anonymousreply 184May 29, 2023 7:55 AM

R25 The latest numbers are that 2% of American high school students identify as trans.

by Anonymousreply 185May 29, 2023 8:57 AM

She thinks it's her job because she is a cunty religious Frau preaching on a gay message board R181.

Her rotten brain has been brainwashed by right-wing propaganda and now she thinks other people are just as dumb and susceptible.

by Anonymousreply 186May 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Propaganda, R186? All one has to do is read and hear the words directly from trans activists’ mouths. No interpretation or distortion from third parties is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 187May 30, 2023 12:25 AM

R184, do you have any statistics or do you just mouth Fox News talking points?

by Anonymousreply 188May 30, 2023 1:53 AM

"First they came for the transgender people, and I said 'Drop the T' because I was a right-wing troll on Datalounge who hates gay people just as much."

by Anonymousreply 189May 30, 2023 1:57 AM

This is why they hate us......THREE YEAR OLD TRANS!!!....Ever notice that the Daddys are never the most masculine men you ever see in these stories....And the little trans angel WILL get their hormone treatments~!!....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 30, 2023 2:08 AM

Of course the anti-trans / pro-Chaya Raichik fuckfaces FF the OP to high heaven.

Also, fuck you r2, you fat unfuckable sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 191May 30, 2023 2:11 AM

R177, since you’re too stupid to be alive, just go off yourself. Preferably live-streamed on Libs Of TikTok while your girl Chaya flicks her schmundee.

by Anonymousreply 192May 30, 2023 2:18 AM

I can't get to Target. I'm stuck in the triple-width, overflowing, drive-thru lane at Chick-Fil-A. I love the waffle fries.

by Anonymousreply 193May 30, 2023 2:19 AM

What r180 said.

by Anonymousreply 194May 30, 2023 2:20 AM

R164, imagine how fucking U G L Y (I.e. physically) these anti-trans losers must be to have this much time spamming a gay message board with their shit? Legit obese, unfuckable shut-ins who feel scorned trans people are getting more attention than they are lol.

by Anonymousreply 195May 30, 2023 2:23 AM

[quote]Why the fuck would I, a gay man, buy Bud Light to support that cosplaying attention whore Dylan Mulvaney…

R2 — you’re a gay man? Really? It sounds like you have your own gender issues:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 30, 2023 2:24 AM

R195 (pro-tip, if you’re gonna ‘W&W’ your own posts, don’t do it 5x to one reply within the first four minutes after posting), I can’t speak for any of my gender critical brothers or sisters, but I myself am 145 lbs with an 8-inch dick, and I hooked up with 4 different dudes today and came in one of their butts. You have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 197May 30, 2023 2:30 AM

Stop calling people Anti-Trans or Transphobic. I support Trans who are OVER 18. I do not support doping up kids or wheeling them into gender surgeries because feminine daddy wants more likes for his TikTok channel..I cannot wait until these FORCED TRANS kids grow up and start suing the hospitals and medical professionals who subjected them to these abuses as minors. Wait for it. This kind of blatant medical abuse will get these kids millions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 30, 2023 2:32 AM

R198, you are of course 100% correct. The scandal that’s coming…

by Anonymousreply 199May 30, 2023 2:34 AM

What exactly is it about chemically castrating and mutilating terrified minors under the edicts of the Trans makes white people feel so altruistic and progressive?

It baffles science, as does the entire Gender Identity cult!

by Anonymousreply 200May 30, 2023 2:35 AM

“but I myself am 145 lbs with an 8-inch dick, and I hooked up with 4 different dudes today and came in one of their butts. You have no clue.”

I know plenty of dudes who hook up many times a day and are still butt ugly lol. Most guys that are actually hot, don’t. I’m also into real men, not 145 lb twinks, but congrats on at least not being obese!

by Anonymousreply 201May 30, 2023 2:35 AM

Hey, ree-ree at r 198, did you even bother reading that article? Lol because if you actually knew how to read, you might realize it doesn’t entirely support the drivel in your post.

by Anonymousreply 202May 30, 2023 2:53 AM

I think you sound delightful, r197, your dong delectable. Who cares how tall someone is?

by Anonymousreply 203May 30, 2023 2:59 AM

Thank you, R203.

I’m not ugly, either, R201. Sorry, you completely struck out with me. Maybe someone else here fits your preconception?

Nice job on the W&Ws there again.

by Anonymousreply 204May 30, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote]Are you talking about endocrinologists? Why don’t they just not give cross-sex hormones to kids rather than leaving their states? The law won’t come after them just for being doctors who prescribe hormones. They also treat diabetics, menopausal women, thyroid issues, etc. and leaving the state in droves would hurt scores of non-trans folks compared to the tiny population of transgender people without life-threatening conditions who can just move to a blue state get aesthetic hormone treatments where it’s legal.

R157, because she has ethics and believes trans children should be allowed to have access to medical care and she took an oath to provide good care and you are not the arbiter of good care. every single medical society made up of subject matter experts ALL support gender affirming care for minors and you (and I’m assuming you’re not a doctor unless you tell me otherwise) are not one of those experts and they are.

And I said that doctors like her leaving would lead to “diabetics, menopausal women, thyroid issues, etc. and leaving the state in droves would hurt scores of non-trans folks” and drive down the quality of care in the state and that is the consequence of passing laws like this.

And you say there’s a “tiny population of transgender people without life-threatening conditions who can just move to a blue state get aesthetic hormone treatments where it’s legal.”

Well in Florida, docs can now openly discriminate against gays and lesbians based on their religious beliefs, and why should people be forced to move if they don’t want to. They have jobs, they may have family in that state and you think it’s a minor inconvenience?

And it’s more than just aesthetic treatments. Imagine you had a third ear growing out of your forehead and it was against the law to get it removed. Would you want to move to another state just so you could get a surgery that doesn’t solve a life threatening condition but made you never want to leave your house? You shouldn’t have to.

by Anonymousreply 205May 30, 2023 4:11 AM

Calling them activists R187 is still propaganda.

They're just transgender people defending themselves and their rights.

Same way not every woman is a feminist, and not every gay man is an activist of something. Learn about gender dysphoria and their struggles.

Good job R196 in unveiling the nutty frau.

by Anonymousreply 206May 30, 2023 5:13 AM

WTF....How is this normal?----->>Parents talking about their biological son (who they are raising as their daughter)------>>"when she is starting to hit puberty, she will go on PUBERTY BLOCKERS and that gives her time to WORK THINGS OUT".......Work what things out? Like NOT having puberty? Honestly? Watch Daddy try to explain this. Video (4:04)....SUE the doctors. SUE mommy and daddy if they do this to you. SUE the hospital who let it happen. SUE the nurses who participate. The wrongly trannsed are going to get millions!!!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 30, 2023 5:23 AM

^^^^^

She will have a puberty, just not the one you intend, the one she wishes.

If the trans girl is authorized by a psychiatrist and is at least thirteen years old when she starts taking those pills, I see no problem.

Even less of a problem in raising her as a girl, if she is serious about it.

If a child born with a vagina can let their hair grow and can wear dresses and skirts, why should a child born with a penis be prohibited from these freedoms?

by Anonymousreply 208May 30, 2023 5:34 AM

r208 is why children are in peril.

by Anonymousreply 209May 30, 2023 5:43 AM

And R209 is why we are being called groomers.

She thinks a child growing up to be something other than a cisgender heterosexual is a disgrace to society. And she thinks it's HER personal job to tell the parents how to raise the non-gender conforming child and how to guide them to 'normality' and avoiding them becoming LGBTTQ.

It says a lot about her.

by Anonymousreply 210May 30, 2023 5:50 AM

"cisgender"? Really r210?

Gender non-conforming children are GAY, not the mythical anti-gay, anti-science and cosplaying "trans" you're so deeply invested in.

Stop transing gay kids!

Look up "Altruistic Narcissists" and you'll see most responders on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 211May 30, 2023 5:57 AM

Yes cisgender R211, get used to it Frau, have you got a problem with the word heterosexual too?

If there's a word for trans then there's certainly word for non-trans people : Cisgenders, it's how the world works, get used to it.

And there's no such thing as gay or lesbian children, because being gay and recognizing yourself as such involves SEXUAL ATTRACTION AND AROUSAL and the vast majority of children do not experience this, therefore a child can't be gay until THEY START insisting they are just like it happens to trans children.

And being gender non-conforming and gay are two different things, given that some gays are very gender-conforming and some of the girls who are short-haired, lipstick-hating tomboys will still grow up to be heterosexual women.

But of course with your fake concern for lgbtt people and your typical TERF homophobia you wouldn't know that.

Because all of your ideas about us lgbttqia people are not based in practical reality, but in your misconceptions. And stop thinking you understand a lot about psychiatric pseudo-terms because you fucking read something on Google.

British fraus like you are giving REAL feminists a terrible reputation.

by Anonymousreply 212May 30, 2023 6:11 AM

I just wanna point out in a poll in another thread that asked when people realized they were gay, over 88% realized before they were 15 and the highest number in the categories realized before they were five years old. It’s just an informal poll. It’s not scientific research, I just wanted to get a sense of when people realized they were gay.

So, 88% of people realized they were gay before they were 15 and many of them admitted that they recognized that they had a same-sex attraction. They just didn’t know what gay meant at five years old. If they had, we probably would’ve seen even more people saying that they knew they were gay before five.

So my question is, why do we except a five-year-old or a seven-year-old or an 11-year-old saying they’re gay and not saying “oh honey this could just be as phase you’re going through. Let’s get you to a psychologist and we’ll get it figured out.”

Because that’s actually illegal in most states. It’s anti-gay therapy. We wouldn’t except that.

So if we are willing to believe that a five-year-old or a seven-year-old knows they are gay, why do we not believe that a five or a seven or an 11-year-old kid knows they’re trans?

Gay kids that are not trans don’t say that they’re trans. They say that they’re gay.

But here we are, promoting anti-trans therapy, denying kids medical treatment that is intended to make their lives more bearable.

I’m totally fine with the recommendation on holding off on surgery until 18, but denying a child puberty blocking therapy until they’re 18 is pointless. They will be out of puberty by that point. They will have gone through puberty and puberty blockers would be useless. And denying cross hormone therapy will force them to go through the puberty of a sex that they don’t want. Female trans young people will grow taller get wider shoulders and grow facial hair while male trans young people will develop breasts, stay shorter, and develop wider hips. And we have an opportunity to prevent that.

If at least 88% of gays and lesbians knew they were gay and lesbian before 15, why don’t we trust trans children when they say they are? They know they’re trans. They’re telling us. And we know that the percentage of the detransitioners is less than 1 to 2%. So why would we deny care to kids that crucially need it at the only time it will work?

Banning gender affirming care before 18 is actual child abuse. The grooming going on is people discouraging trans children from receiving care and trying to groom them into cisgender individuals. Yup. I said it. You TERFS and drop the T gays are the actual groomers.

Why are so many people blind to this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 30, 2023 6:22 AM

[quote] If there's a word for trans then there's certainly word for non-trans people : Cisgenders, it's how the world works, get used to it.

No, it's how your cosplay fantasy world works, nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 214May 30, 2023 6:55 AM

The cisgender poster at r214 doesn’t like us calling her cisgender so the polite thing to do would be not to do that. But she also sounds like a real cunt so I’m going to keep doing it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 215May 30, 2023 7:14 AM

R215 is the idiot who thinks that trannies helped solve the AIDS crisis.

by Anonymousreply 216May 30, 2023 7:17 AM

R216 is the idiot who thinks she solved it be herself. She’s pretty dumb if you look at her posts. Like Lauren Boebert dumb. Maybe they could go on a big game hunting safari together and learn how to make tampons out of leaves, but I’m sure she’d mess it up and come back home with blood smeared panties.

by Anonymousreply 217May 30, 2023 7:27 AM

I wouldn't know R217 because I have R216 blocked and she is ALSO R214 and some other posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 218May 30, 2023 7:48 AM

Trans men belong in men’s prisons! What could possibly happen to a 5’2 man with a pussy!

by Anonymousreply 219May 30, 2023 8:08 AM

^^^^

Another tiresome troll, the thread is NOT about trans, but about supporting Target for their LGBT merchandise, but watch how the trolls completely de-railed the thread about 100 posts ago, making it about their trans obsession.

They don't care about gays n' lesbians, they care about trash talking transgenders and transexuals and claim that is "protecting" the gays.

by Anonymousreply 220May 30, 2023 8:35 AM

Another thread that stopped scrolling and became unreadable because we have half the crazies blocked. After only 200 posts.

by Anonymousreply 221May 30, 2023 9:05 AM

[quote]Another tiresome troll, the thread is NOT about trans, but about supporting Target for their LGBT merchandise

Fuck Target. It's been sold as a gay man's KMart. It's success or failure means nothing to me.

Fuck their LGBTQ+ merchandising. Fuck Target for thinking I wanted a fucking rainbow printed cardboard box for my hysterically gay cat, or a fucking rainbow-emblazoned anything. Fuck them for filling racks and shelves with tatty trans- and queer-specific and Pride!-generic goods and ignoring gays and lesbians and bisexuals. It's tacky as fuck, and meant to make the people it purports to celebrate colorful frivolous clowns.

And fuck Budweiser for thinking some opportunistic trans model/spokesperson was going to improve their fortunes.

A month of Pride! is just a month of corporate merchandising and this year it backfired. Why would I want to feed dollars to Budweiser and Target to compensate for their losses in making it a month of shame?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 30, 2023 10:11 AM

THANK YOU, r222.

by Anonymousreply 223May 30, 2023 11:42 AM

[quote] because she has ethics and believes trans children should be allowed to have access to medical care and she took an oath to provide good care and you are not the arbiter of good care. every single medical society made up of subject matter experts ALL support gender affirming care for minors and you (and I’m assuming you’re not a doctor unless you tell me otherwise) are not one of those experts and they are.

Ummm….. France, Norway, the UK, Finland, and Sweden would like a word with you.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 224May 30, 2023 1:44 PM

R210 thinks that if a child grows up to their biological gender they have to be heterosexual. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. A child who is living their biological gender and attracted to the same biological gender is GAY. Too many children are being told that if they're attracted to the same sex they must be trans. For some (NOT ALL), trans is just another form of homophobia and for some bizarre reason, suburban families would rather trans their kids instead of just letting them be gay.

We've got 8 year olds claiming their trans, 10 year olds talking about open relationships on the playground, and 13 year olds wondering if they want to go through puberty or not. Stop grooming the kids.

by Anonymousreply 225May 30, 2023 1:53 PM

And yes I know about the typo in R225

by Anonymousreply 226May 30, 2023 1:54 PM

[quote] is the idiot who thinks she solved it be herself.

Here's a tip, R217, when you go on a TRA screed and call someone an idiot, do make sure you have someone check over your work first. You know, because.....

by Anonymousreply 227May 30, 2023 2:38 PM

Stop being a Frau who conflates transgenderism with sexual attraction R225.

Stop with that batshit HOMOPHOBIC crazy assumption that trans girls would be gay boys BECAUSE in the real world most gay guys NEVER considered transitioning, if you did, that's YOUR problem and you should work that with your psychiatrist instead of projecting that crap onto us.

Children DO understand the concept of being a boy or a girl, but they don't experience sexual attraction, therefore it's EASIER for a child to be actually transgender than being gay or lesbian.

Children discussing open relationships? Take their cellphones and stop letting them be on Twitter all day long. And stop trying to impose your 1950s childhood on them, saying that everything was better back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 228May 30, 2023 3:14 PM

Someone asked in another thread where to find "troons." Well, this is the place.

by Anonymousreply 229May 30, 2023 3:18 PM

I think it might be just the one troon who keeps liking its own posts over and over.

by Anonymousreply 230May 30, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]Ummm….. France, Norway, the UK, Finland, and Sweden would like a word with you.

None of those countries agree the world’s leader in medical research or drug development. The US is, so I’ll stick with the advice of US experts, thank you.

[quote]Idiot.

I answered your question without name calling. So if that’s all you got, I’m pretty sure you got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 231May 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Month of shame R222?

Shame on you for your internalized homophobia and your filthy desire to please your homophobic parents.

This ISN'T about you individually, you filthy pig, this is about gay men as a WHOLE!

I don't have a pride flag, I don't feel like having a pride t-shirt. I am just a regular dude too, but this isn't about personal state.

Target could just largely ignore pride month, and its LGBTQ customers, just like every business did twenty years ago.

But they took a stance and decided to give us a little visibility, since they have gays and lesbians customers too. And now they are under fire for it.

Republicans are giving a CLEAR message, they don't want gays having any visibility or being able to discuss homophobia. It has gone as far as threatening to bomb target 🎯 stores.

This affects US ALL and it's not about trans, that's why OP started this thread.

by Anonymousreply 232May 30, 2023 7:03 PM

[quote]But they took a stance and decided to give us a little visibility, since they have gays and lesbians customers too. And now they are under fire for it.

Be grateful for what crumbs fall from the table!

by Anonymousreply 233May 30, 2023 7:06 PM

^^^^^

Yeah, close your eyes and pretend nothing is happening, like a turd.

For fuck's sake OP didn't suggest we should go to Target because of their pride month merchandise, BUT BECAUSE right wingers are threatening to boycott them and bomb their stores.

Got the difference, Hun?

by Anonymousreply 234May 30, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote]Children DO understand the concept of being a boy or a girl, but they don't experience sexual attraction, therefore it's EASIER for a child to be actually transgender than being gay or lesbian.

That is the nuttiest thing I've read here in months.

by Anonymousreply 235May 30, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote]Stop with that batshit HOMOPHOBIC crazy assumption that trans girls would be gay boys BECAUSE in the real world most gay guys NEVER considered transitioning, if you did, that's YOUR problem and you should work that with your psychiatrist instead of projecting that crap onto us.

There’s so much wrong the above paragraph, it’s hard to know even where to begin.

by Anonymousreply 236May 30, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]None of those countries agree the world’s leader in medical research or drug development. The US is, so I’ll stick with the advice of US experts, thank you.

Do you know what the difference is between those countries and the US is on this issue? I’ll give you a hint: it’s not that the US has better hormones or better methodology.

by Anonymousreply 237May 30, 2023 10:32 PM

R235, there is nothing “nutty” about the below statement in / of itself. It makes complete sense. Children all around the world almost always ascertain a basic gender identity before a sexual one. Did you know you were “gay” before you were “male” or “female”? Lol.

“Children DO understand the concept of being a boy or a girl, but they don't experience sexual attraction, therefore it's EASIER for a child to be actually transgender than being gay or lesbian.”

by Anonymousreply 238May 30, 2023 11:05 PM

R236, so in other words, you don’t know what to say since the poster you’re responding to is right, lol. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 239May 30, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote]Do you know what the difference is between those countries and the US is on this issue?

Yes, I do. I’m a medical researcher and have worked with the HIV researchers in all of those countries. And my post “None of those countries agree the world’s leader in medical research or drug development. The US is, so I’ll stick with the advice of US experts, thank you.” Had an autocorrect. It changed “are” to “agree” and should have said “None of those countries [bold]are[/bold] the world’s leader in medical research or drug development. The US is, so I’ll stick with the advice of US experts, thank you.”

Don’t know why you would trust smaller Western European countries medical advice over the US, the world’s leader in medical research.

by Anonymousreply 240May 30, 2023 11:19 PM

Having been highly gender nonconforming in childhood is very common among adult homosexuals. In fact it’s the best established fact we have about cross-sex gender identities.

Kids who are highly gender nonconforming and want to play with toys associated with the opposite sex, preferring friendships with the opposite sex, expressing a desire to actually BE the opposite sex, is very, very common. It can also be accompanied by ‘dysphoria’ and rejection of our own sexed bodies. (I remember wanting to have boobs as a little baby gay kid.) Most such kids will grow out of this, and most of them will be gay adults. 80-90% of them will grow out of it, in fact.

A kid expressing a desire to be the opposite sex does not require medical intervention or any kind of ‘affirmation’ of their cross-sex identity. Doing so concretizes the identity, and then they’ll be exponentially more likely to want to take puberty blockers and then cross-sex hormones. If no intervention of ‘transition’ occurs, they will desist in dysphoria and cross-sex identity 85-90% of the time after puberty.

If you think kids who express a trans identity are more likely than not to persist in that identity, you are sorely mistaken and you aren’t familiar with the literature on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 241May 30, 2023 11:21 PM

So you don’t know what the difference is between the US and those other countries ON THIS ISSUE, R240? LOL. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 242May 30, 2023 11:23 PM

Those 9 wit & wisdoms on R238 are not organic

by Anonymousreply 243May 30, 2023 11:23 PM

“ expressing a desire to actually BE the opposite sex, is very, very common.”

Reputable source(s) needed for this part, please.

by Anonymousreply 244May 30, 2023 11:28 PM

^^ It’s very common among kids who will grow up to be gay. I don’t know the exact percentage, as in “how many gay adults felt a desire to be the opposite sex as kids?” But I do know that among those kids who HAVE that desire, it goes away 80-90% of the time after puberty.

How are you unfamiliar with this?

by Anonymousreply 245May 30, 2023 11:32 PM

R228 You're nuts

by Anonymousreply 246May 30, 2023 11:32 PM

R242,I do know their policies and I know our recommendations, probably better than you. And I know the difference and disagree with their decision. Sweden’s was based on a survey of adult transgender persons who had transitioned’s mental health scores and compare them to a cohort of cisgender adults. No surprise they were lower, because being trans and being ridiculed or denied by your family or fired from a job can all lead to mental health issues. They DID NOT compare transgender person’s who had transitioned to transgender persons who HAD NOT transitioned or they would have seen an increase in mental health outcomes among those who had medically transitioned.

The same would happen of you compared gays and lesbians to straight parole. We are more depressed. But out gay and lesbians are happier than closeted gays and lesbians.

Sweden used bad science and the US medical societies take that into account.

by Anonymousreply 247May 30, 2023 11:34 PM

R245, r244 asked for a reference, not a recap of what you think you know. Post the research or GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 248May 30, 2023 11:36 PM

R245, sorry, but it sounds like you’re projecting YOUR own experience as a feminine boy onto other gays. While I as well as many other gay male adult friends of mine had in their childhoods engaged in behaviors that would’ve been associated with girls - ie curiosity in or playing with dolls, your mom’s cloths - neither I nor anyone else I know (to my knowledge) had “expressed a desire to ACTUALLY BE the opposite sex.” Not a single one.

So back to your claim, if this specific phenomenon - expressing a desire to actually BE the opposite sex - is so common, why aren’t you able to substantiate it with the literature?

by Anonymousreply 249May 30, 2023 11:37 PM

Wrong, R247. Have you actually read the data underpinning the studies?

The difference between the US medical/psych organizations who recommend an affirmation-only approach to trans-identified, and the UK and Euro countries who have reversed course on that protocol, is that THE UNITED STATES HAS NOT PERFORMED A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW OF THE EVIDENCE. The UK and those Euro countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland…) HAVE done it. And they have all come to the same conclusion. The evidence for the affirmation model of care is of poor quality or nonexistent.

by Anonymousreply 250May 30, 2023 11:38 PM

OR the evidence shows that affirmation produces worse outcomes

by Anonymousreply 251May 30, 2023 11:38 PM

Because, R249, I don’t have it fucking bookmarked. I’ll get back to you.

Or you could just fucking Google it. I’m on a train and about to lose service. TTYL

by Anonymousreply 252May 30, 2023 11:39 PM

^ so in other words, that phenomenon of expressing a desire to actually BE the opposite sex isn’t “very, very common” among children that eventually grow into self-identified gay men. But thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 253May 30, 2023 11:41 PM

Fuck off R253

by Anonymousreply 254May 30, 2023 11:42 PM

^ awww! Calling you out on your BS got ya triggered? 🫨Maybe a Midol can help?!

by Anonymousreply 255May 30, 2023 11:43 PM

A systematic review of the evidence.

Jesse Singal provides links to ALL the data.

If you think he got something wrong, tell us (and him) about it. Make the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 30, 2023 11:45 PM

It isn’t “BS” R255. Why do you want a genocide of gay kids?

by Anonymousreply 257May 30, 2023 11:45 PM

Listen, you fat unfuckable frau: you will still die alone, with no friends and no lovers. Hating on the trans and starting arguments with gay men on an anon message board won’t change that.

Go back to your MD, up the fibro pills, consider Ozempic and start working out. Therapy does wonders too.

Everyone except the 1.5 other anti-trans trolls sees thru this shit. You really aren’t fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 258May 30, 2023 11:50 PM

[quote]If you think kids who express a trans identity are more likely than not to persist in that identity, you are sorely mistaken and you aren’t familiar with the literature on this topic

R241, I’m very familiar with the research and you left out the fact that providers aren’t just looking at persistence, they are looking to see if a child is [bold]persistent, insistent, and consistent[/bold].

They need to be all three before starting any type of hormone therapy.

I think I may have just taught you something.

And your statements:

“Most such kids will grow out of this, and most of them will be gay adults. 80-90% of them will grow out of it, in fact.”

And

“If no intervention of ‘transition’ occurs, they will desist in dysphoria and cross-sex identity 85-90% of the time after puberty.”

are INCONSISTENT. Is it 80-90% or 85-90%?

You’ll need to provide reference to that research for us to believe you and I think you pulled those numbers out of your ass, so if they were published in the “Journal of Charmin Ultra Quilted” as I suspect they were, we may be dubious.

by Anonymousreply 259May 30, 2023 11:51 PM

It’s possible that there’s never been a survey done of gay men and women to ascertain what % of them had a cross sex identity or gender dysphoria as prepubescent kids. All I know is that it’s not uncommon at all.

But we do know the desistance rates of cross sex identified kids are high and most will grow up to be gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 30, 2023 11:52 PM

Another very small study

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 30, 2023 11:52 PM

We here at the Datalounge loathe and despise you TERF cunts. Seriously, we can't stand you. We never had any problem with Trans on the Datalounge before you TERFs showed up. You brought a whole new influx of extremist right wing bigots and propagandists with you. We hate you. We want you to die in a grease fire. We want Muriel to put you in Primetime 24/7/365 so that we don't have to deal with your fucking sockpuppets. You are homophobic bigoted right wing assholes. You have more in common with Rhonda Santis than you will ever have with us. GO AWAY YOU HIDEOUS CUNTS.

We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you. We hate you.

Go to Donald Trump's social media platform. Go to Elon Elmo's. Go to Brietbart. Go to any of the fascist sites where you come from.

by Anonymousreply 262May 31, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] They need to be all three before starting any type of hormone therapy.

Really? You think that’s a standard that all providers are adhering to?

by Anonymousreply 263May 31, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] NCONSISTENT. Is it 80-90% or 85-90%?

What do YOU think the number or range of numbers is, since you’re so familiar with ALL the studies?

by Anonymousreply 264May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

I think all of the anti-trans trolls are two enormous pretentious, obese men with very little outside world contact and believe they are alone because the "trans hysteria" they think they see has just destroyed gay culture- not that they are actually abhorrent, insufferable and it's just that no one can stand to be around them and also one, perhaps two (also obese) heterosexual women who have some sort of martyr complex and really need to go brush their cats or clean out their refrigerator, and most definitely speak to REAL PEOPLE. What they really need to stop doing is bullying little kids who just want to be who they want to be, maybe wear nail polish, or maybe play with trucks but people like this are creating this toxic environment where these little kids are terrified. Get a life, like your OWN life, stop trying to run OTHER PEOPLES' LIVES.

by Anonymousreply 265May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

oh and GO ON A DIET. You will be much happier.

by Anonymousreply 266May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

R265, I think you've really hit on something there. Can these bitches start a go fund me for a bulk-buy of Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 267May 31, 2023 12:11 AM

R265, we WANT those kids to be able to wear nail polish or whatever. What we don’t want is for idiots to tell them, “Yes, this means you are not the sex that you are.”

There’s a difference between being gender nonconforming and wholly rejecting one’s sex.

Where do you live? Happy to meet up and discuss this in person any time. You’ll see how resoundingly wrong you are in your presumptions about me.

by Anonymousreply 268May 31, 2023 12:12 AM

Psycho TERF wants to "meet up" with normal person and explain bigoted, Trans-hating self. Good lord. How desperate and lonely are these psycho cunts?

R265, you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 269May 31, 2023 12:17 AM

[quote]Really? You think that’s a standard that all providers are adhering to?

That’s what they’re supposed to do. If they don’t they are not providing good care.

And you can get bad care in any field of medicine.

by Anonymousreply 270May 31, 2023 12:24 AM

The TERFs believe (and the right wing propagandist pretend to believe) that parents and doctors are of Trans kids are all flaky and stupid. The imagine that parents don't really love their children and would force them to chop of their dicks or attach a dick on a whim.

It's like paternalists talking to women. Just pat them on their pretty heads because TERFs know better than they do.

by Anonymousreply 271May 31, 2023 12:29 AM

R268 that is propaganda. There might be one child harmed by a crazy parent, but there are 1000 harmed by the propaganda. You know what would be a better soapbox? Why not spend your time railing against anti-gay propaganda- lots and lots more children dying of suicide or hell- go basic and hit the real biggest danger to kids "spanking" does more emotional damage and ends up killing a bunch of kids every year when parents go too far, or the book bans which are hurting so many children who are being told that the books they see themselves represented in are evil and must be removed and destroyed. The fiction that parents are going around mutilating children is just not true. I know you will be able to find one story. But go ahead and read about how many children killed themselves today because of propaganda like this, or read about how many children were beaten to death today. Leave these kids alone.

by Anonymousreply 272May 31, 2023 12:36 AM

[quote] But go ahead and read about how many children killed themselves today because of propaganda like this, or read about how many children were beaten to death today.

Link please

by Anonymousreply 273May 31, 2023 12:38 AM

R272, I didn’t read your post very well before responding at R273. I apologize for that. I skipped the middle and assumed you meant that kids are killing themselves because people are telling them they can’t change sex, or something.

When you say “propaganda” what specifically are you referring to?

And child abuse is of course a real concern as it always has been. That doesn’t mean that confused, often autistic, sexually abused, and proto-gay kids aren’t being led to think they can opt out of their own sex. No one can.

Have you read Hannah Barnes’s excellent new book, Time To Think? If not, would you?

by Anonymousreply 274May 31, 2023 12:42 AM

R271 you are projecting.

by Anonymousreply 275May 31, 2023 12:44 AM

Of course, R274, how silly of me! You see all, you know all and of course you TERFs have all the answers.

It's best for parents and doctors and the children themselves to leave all the decision-making about Trans kids to YOU!

by Anonymousreply 276May 31, 2023 12:48 AM

R271, trans-exclusionary radical feminists (seriously?) don’t necessarily believe that ALL parents of trans kids are flaky or stupid.

I believe that those parents think they’re doing the right thing. I also know that many of them really struggle with their kids’ trans identities and try to talk them out of any kind of social or medical transitioning. It’s excruciating for some of them. They try to read literature on the matter, listen to the experts, etc. I don’t think the majority of them come around to the notion easily.

They hear that their kids are 40% likely to commit suicide if they’re not affirmed in their trans identities. They hear the now-standard plea, “Would you rather have a live daughter or a dead son?” and think they have no choice.

I also don’t think most of the parents who “want” their kids to be trans are doing so because they DON’T want a gay kid. I’ve heard that refrain a lot from my fellow skeptics on this matter. I think most parents who are accepting of their trans kids are NOT homophobic. That doesn’t wash at all. It’s possibly the case in a small number of families, namely Suzy Greene (from Mermaids UK) and possibly Jazz Jennings’ mother. (Apologies if I spelled SG’s name wrong.)

But all of that is beside the point. Meaning well + wanting to do the right thing, and ACTUALLY doing the right thing are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 277May 31, 2023 12:54 AM

Interesting study r260. But it uses original data from 1975 to 2009 and a follow up thorough 2011. Why did they wait 12 years to publish it? Do you think that boys may have been less open to identifying as trans in 1975 because of stigma?

12 years ago we weren’t yet using terms like non-binary and gender nonconforming so many NB and GNC participants wouldn’t have been identified. And the whole cohort was diagnosed with DSM-IV or prior criteria which dropped Gender Identity Disorder in favor of Gender Dysphoria. And even then, in their cohort ~38% of boys were below the threshold for a gender identity disorder diagnosis.

And in one of their follow ups, only 17 participants returned and of those only 4 said “no” to “Living as a female”.

A lot to read into their data. And newer data is needed.

by Anonymousreply 278May 31, 2023 1:04 AM

Yes, I agree new data is needed. And I suspect it will come in a decade or so, because there’s been (as we all know) an explosion in girls identifying as some kind of trans in the last ten years. We have NO long term data on them.

by Anonymousreply 279May 31, 2023 1:07 AM

[quote] Do you think that boys may have been less open to identifying as trans in 1975 because of stigma?

Well, not to be glib or anything, but there’s a literal genocide of trans people happening right now, so maybe it would have been easier to be trans back then. The GOP certainly wasn’t targeting them with anti-trans bills and denying them access to life-saving gender affirming care like they are now!

Okay, sorry; I meant to be glib.

by Anonymousreply 280May 31, 2023 1:10 AM

[quote]Yes, I agree new data is needed. And I suspect it will come in a decade or so, because there’s been (as we all know) an explosion in girls identifying as some kind of trans in the last ten years. We have NO long term data on them.

There actually hasn’t been an explosion and girls identifying as trans compared to boys. Girls are more likely to come out as trans and get gender affirming care, but I think there’s an easy explanation for that.

First, here’s a link to data from the youth risk behavior survey by CDC. There’s no statistical difference between the number of MTF and FTM young persons. As a matter of fact, the number of male to female trans young persons is slightly higher.

But girls transitioning to male or nonbinary are receiving more medical care. But that doesn’t surprise me. We already know that girls get medical care earlier than boys do. Girls may have to start seeing a gynecologist annually as early as 11 or 12 and definitely by 13 per recommendations from ACOG. And then they may see a doctor for birth control or complications with their periods. So girls see doctors from a younger age. Boys don’t go in for annual check ups. The only interactions boys have before they have their own health insurance and jobs is usually when they break an arm and end up in an emergency room. So naturally girls have more interactions with the medical system and more opportunities to talk to a doctor about having gender dysphoria.

Basically girls transition earlier, but eventually boys catch up and then there is no difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 31, 2023 1:24 AM

Oh god. No. Not Jack Turban, R281. No.

Lisa Littman’s work on this subtopic is better than Turban’s.

Anyway, trans-identified people used to be predominantly male. Now the youngest cohort is predominately female.

And there was a 4000% increase in young females being referred to GIDS in the UK. Nothing you wrote in your reply above explains that 4000% uptick.

There is a reason why there are vastly more girls identifying as trans now compared to decades past.

That reason is social contagion. And much of it happens on social media. It started on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 282May 31, 2023 1:30 AM

I am a gay man. I support ADULT trans. I also support Child Protective Services investigating parents who are turning their 3 year old children trans. VIDEO = Mommy mouthing the words while her brat recites their rehearsed trans jibber jabber. SEE FOR YOURSELF. (20 second mark).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 31, 2023 2:14 AM

[quote] Oh god. No. Not Jack Turban, [R281]. No. Lisa Littman’s work on this subtopic is better than Turban’s.

Why is it better? In what metric? He’s published more and been cited more than twice as often than she has. She’s published a few articles about transgender people, but mostly about OB/GYN care and birth outcomes and abortion. Whereas, almost all of his publications are about trans She’s published a few articles about transgender people, but mostly about OB/GYN care and birth outcomes and abortion. Whereas almost all of his publications are about trans issues care. So I’d say he’s the expert here.

She has more reads, but that’s any click on a title, an abstract or link to her work. It doesn’t actually tell us how many people actually read her work, but clearly more folks have cited his.

And I won’t academic shame, but he did go to more prestigious undergrad and medical schools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 31, 2023 2:46 AM

Not the "trans genocide" bullshit again. There is no "genocide" going on. Fewer than 20 trans were murdered in 2022 and there is no evidence that it had anything to do with transness. Thousand and thousands of women were murdered however, but they are expected to share bathrooms with any random man who feels like wandering in and to STFU and accept this.

by Anonymousreply 285May 31, 2023 3:01 AM

R266, but wouldn’t it be so much better if they all just died instead?

by Anonymousreply 286May 31, 2023 3:06 AM

Jack Turban is practically a pariah in the scientific literature community except among trans activists, R284. He writes misleading articles and papers that totally misrepresent the data he’s writing about. He twists it to say what it does not actually say.

He’s done it several times now. This is discussed with regularity on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 287May 31, 2023 3:07 AM

R276, that’s exactly it, in a nutshell. These anti-trans psycho fatties are basically fascists. Probably because, in their lard-filled heads they think they have no control over their hideous looks or voluminous and ever-expanding waistlines. So let’s control others and make them miserable in the process.

by Anonymousreply 288May 31, 2023 3:13 AM

[quote]He’s done it several times now. This is discussed with regularity on Twitter.

Ah, Twitter. Where all of us research scientists go to discuss the merits of someone’s work rather than in letters to journals or conference like we usually do.

by Anonymousreply 289May 31, 2023 3:14 AM

EVERYONE STOP THE PRESS!!! Something has been discussed on twitter and thus is the absolute, infallible truth. Let’s just close this thread now.

by Anonymousreply 290May 31, 2023 3:16 AM

Hey, if you wanna hang your hat on Jack Turban’s work, BY ALL MEANS, do it. It says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 291May 31, 2023 3:29 AM

R288, my offer to meet you in real life to discuss this still stands.

by Anonymousreply 292May 31, 2023 3:30 AM

Twitter? FUCKING TWITTER MORONS are your "citation" for this? Something is "discussed with regularity" on Twitter so that means what - exactly?

Those dumb fucking cunts "discuss" eating rat turds and their relative flavor profiles on Twitter. Do adults take them seriously? Twitter is possibly the dumbest fucking site in the world.

Kill yourself now, R287.

by Anonymousreply 293May 31, 2023 3:33 AM

R292, no one wants to meet you, honey. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 294May 31, 2023 3:33 AM

The trolls here are so funny. Twitter is their gospel, their Wikipedia, their Library of Congress and Supreme Court. It's their everything. Nothing happens unless it happens on Twitter. They'll spin any tweet they like as if it's written on tablets Moses brought down from Mt. Sinai.

Complete fucking lunatics, every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 295May 31, 2023 4:31 AM

[quote]Hey, if you wanna hang your hat on Jack Turban’s work, BY ALL MEANS, do it. It says a lot about you.

Ok, r291. And of you want to hang your hat on Lisa Littman who promotes her work on Megyn Kelly’s conservative podcast, by all means, go for it. That says a lot more a lot you than believing Turban does about me…

by Anonymousreply 296May 31, 2023 4:39 AM

For anyone who missed it, The Right Wingers are celebrating Dylan Mulvaneys latest video today. He talks about getting pregnant (he isn't kidding). And he talks about dating females. The Trans Community must be beaming with pride.

by Anonymousreply 297May 31, 2023 5:13 AM

[quote] please go somewhere else to die

Found the TRA at R104! (This must be the fabled 'love and let live') attitude.)

by Anonymousreply 298May 31, 2023 6:49 AM

I don't love you and I don't want you to live, nor did I ever claim otherwise. (I'm also a 'liberal' who owns guns and has zero tolerance for right-wing fascist cunts.)

I'm not a "TRA" nor am I Trans. I'm just a person who hates you extremist homophobic polical propagandists on our gay men's website.

by Anonymousreply 299May 31, 2023 6:59 AM

R299 You really think wanting people to die and owning guns is a good mix? I mean, from a pragmatic standpoint, it is.

by Anonymousreply 300May 31, 2023 10:56 AM

[quote]And of you want to hang your hat on Lisa Littman who promotes her work on Megyn Kelly’s conservative podcast, by all means, go for it. That says a lot more a lot you than believing Turban does about me…

Littman isn’t conservative and neither is her data. It wouldn’t even matter if she were. What matters is what’s TRUE, and truth is not Jack Turban’s stock in trade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 31, 2023 1:44 PM

I am right with you R262

A few days ago I said that we, as gay men don't to keep discussing trans issues and we'd rather be talking about sex, and about Madonna/Matt Damon/ Tom Cruise.

And one of the TERF cunts replied that I was a misogynist woman-hater.

So we can't invade "their" spaces, but we have to welcome them here, let them turn every thread into a complete shit-show and let them determin what gets discussed here on DATALOUNGE, even though we don't want to read the same crap again, and again and again; otherwise we are "misogynists" ....

So fuck these cunts for not having a clue and for trolling datalounge and for giving sane feminists a bad name. Such morons.

by Anonymousreply 302May 31, 2023 2:09 PM

[quote] we'd rather be talking about sex, and about Madonna/Matt Damon/ Tom Cruise

[quote] we don't want to read the same crap again, and again and again

I’m curious if you see the contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 303May 31, 2023 2:16 PM

I don't get why one of the trolls keep insisting children who grew up to be gay were gender non-conforming, that's not true; being effeminate and being gender non-conforming are TWO very different things.

As a child I sometimes played house pretending I was a teen girl, I also had a barbie and loved playing with Barbies, it was my favorite toy, I also had a cousin who played with Barbies even though he didn't really liked it at all, and he grew up to be straight and there's nothing even remotely about him.

Now, was I masculine? No! Did I feel represented by stereotypes of masculinity? I didn't and I don't Do I want to be as masculine as straight men or to imitate them? Never.

But was I gender non-conforming? No!

I played with Barbies, and loved pink but I never tossed myself on the floor screaming because my parents were taking me to get a haircut, I never had a problem liking to wear male sneakers/shoes; I never had a problem wearing boys' clothes; I never had a problem using the boys restroom, I never had problem being refered to as he/him; only had a problem when people referred to me using female pronouns.

Gender dysphoria is a whole other thing.

And parents do not "trans" their children because their boy got caught playing with a barbie.

They let them transition after the child KEEPS insisting they are the opposite gender, and after the child goes through countless tantrums regarding their haircut and refusing to wear "gender-appropriate" clothes. At first, parents never believe them and always expect it to be just "a phase".

But gladly these parents look for psychiatrists and let them children leave their lives peacefully instead of being spiteful and ignorant like parents of many transgenders born in the 1970s/1980s and 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 304May 31, 2023 2:23 PM

No contradiction R303 those subjects are GOSSIP which the organic gay users are actually interested in discussing .

Unlike right-wing propaganda spread by despicable TERFs.

by Anonymousreply 305May 31, 2023 2:25 PM

R301, I’m not even reading the link since I saw Jesse Signal’s name. He’s one of the most notorious anti-trans JOURNALISTS and not a scientist.

Thanks for the link, but pass. And promoting your work on Megyn Kelly’s podcast demonstrates a sense of equipoise about the issue? LOL! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 306May 31, 2023 2:28 PM

We are being trolled, being trolled HARD.

I've stated this and I will state again: Notice how OP mentioned NOTHING about transgender people, notice how this thread and his link are NOT about trans.

This is a thread about Target being targeted by crazy homophobes who can't accept LGBTTQ pride

This is about ALL of us; but the rightwing trolls have derailed the thread to talk crap about trans again. Yet they keep mum on the threads about people who invaded the capitol in 2021 being sentenced to jail.

We're under attack by right wingers, I know because I remember them here in mid-2020 saying that Trump had been re-elected already thanks to BLM and trans rights, and trying to convince us that democrats had driven people out of the party by daring to defend trans people.

by Anonymousreply 307May 31, 2023 2:33 PM

[quote]I’m not even reading the link since I saw Jesse Signal’s name. He’s one of the most notorious anti-trans JOURNALISTS and not a scientist.

That is complete bullshit. The fact that you think he’s a “notorious anti-trans” journalist just shows that you’ve completely swallowed the TRA Kool-Aid. Deranged.

He is the absolute best person—perhaps the only person—to actually do a deep dive into the data and write about it in excruciating detail. If you’re so sure he’s wrong, why not read the piece and disagree with the points he makes? If all he does is push anti-trans talking points (I’m assuming that’s what you think he does), it should be VERY easy to point out the flaws in his thinking or framing of the data. Why don’t you make that tiny effort?

R304, you sound like you were actually very gender nonconforming. And for every DLer like you, there are probably 12 others who would say “This, too, was my experience as a young gayling, and if I’d been a little kid in the 2010s, I would probably be made to think I was trans.”

I hear it ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 308May 31, 2023 2:57 PM

One other thing, all of this debate about which kids are “truly” trans vs. which are just gay or proto-gay and highly gender nonconforming and temporarily dysphoric or confused obscures the crucial point that NO ONE is “truly” trans. It’s not possible to be born in the wrong body. There is no such thing as a woman’s brain in a man’s body or vice versa. And no one can ever change their sex. All they can do is reject their sex and attempt to disguise it. And no one is obligated to affirm that delusion.

That’s all “trans” is.

by Anonymousreply 309May 31, 2023 3:02 PM

^^^ And that not even getting into the topic of “non-binary” (utter fucking incoherent nonsense that means nothing at all) or autogynephilia.

by Anonymousreply 310May 31, 2023 3:03 PM

R307 - Didn't Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper suggest you leave your silo, dear?

by Anonymousreply 311May 31, 2023 3:08 PM

R308

Wrong!

I didn't adjust to most gender stereotypes, but being a boy wasn't a source of suffering.

In other words, I suffered for not being masculine but NOT for being a boy.

And that's the difference. Gender non-conforming and not expressing expected gender stereotypes are 2 different concepts.

NO gay men will ever adjust 100% to gender stereotypes as being attracted to human females is very much expected and super common once you are born with testicles.

But no one has to adjust 100% to gender stereotypes to be cisgender, including heterosexual people.

It doesn't mean that you can dare to compare yourself to transgender people, specially when you haven't walked in their shoes.

That would be just as stupid as a heterosexual man coming in here and saying "Oh well, I think Ryan Reynolds is beautiful and I have never wanted to have sex with a man because of this"

by Anonymousreply 312May 31, 2023 3:11 PM

" There is no such thing as a woman’s brain in a man’s body or vice versa."

Science seems to indicate otherwise. -----

"NO ONE is “truly” trans."

Ridiculous biological determinism, psychiatrists have been studying transexuality for the past seventy years, it's not a bigoted TERF troll who's going to say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 313May 31, 2023 3:15 PM

And last but not least :

Radfems Radfraus & TERFs

Go FUCK YOURSELVES, GO BACK TO BREITBART, YOU VILE FUCKS.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TRANS.

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BE DISCUSSING WHY TRANSGENDERS EXIST.

TALK ABOUT HOMOPHOBIA ( WHICH THIS THREAD IS ABOUT) OR GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 314May 31, 2023 3:19 PM

Let’s see that “science”, R313.

by Anonymousreply 315May 31, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote] But no one has to adjust 100% to gender stereotypes to be cisgender, including heterosexual people.

Sounds like you just invalidated the existence of non-binary people.

Not very accepting of you.

by Anonymousreply 316May 31, 2023 3:20 PM

[quote] And that's the difference. Gender non-conforming and not expressing expected gender stereotypes are 2 different concepts.

Are you also R304?

by Anonymousreply 317May 31, 2023 3:21 PM

It sounds like you are too low-iq to understand Non-binary people R316.

by Anonymousreply 318May 31, 2023 3:22 PM

Please, explain them to me then, R318. Please. I’m begging you.

by Anonymousreply 319May 31, 2023 3:25 PM

No, I won't TERF.

THis thread isn't about this.

Thread about homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 320May 31, 2023 3:27 PM

Wow, block the hysterical dimwit TRA and all the retarded posts from this morning vanish.

by Anonymousreply 321May 31, 2023 3:49 PM

[quote] Gender non-conforming and not expressing expected gender stereotypes are 2 different concepts.

Although I have now blocked this person and won’t see their answer (not that they were going to give one), I’m still wondering what in earth could possibly be the differences between gender nonconformity and not expressing expected gender stereotypes.

I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 322May 31, 2023 4:04 PM

So how is your Target War going?

by Anonymousreply 323May 31, 2023 4:14 PM

I don’t know that anyone here is waging any kind of war for or against Target

by Anonymousreply 324May 31, 2023 4:38 PM

So you didn't read the OP, then.

by Anonymousreply 325May 31, 2023 5:48 PM

One ding-dong on Datalounge does not a war make

by Anonymousreply 326May 31, 2023 6:48 PM

OP, I’m sorry for fighting with the anti-trans folks on your thread but part of the attack on Target was trans focused. They were selling a. Swim tuck suit for trans women who hadn’t had surgery and THAT’S what set off the right wing protests. They only sold it in adult sized but rumors continue to float around that they were selling them in children’s sizes.

It’ not a coincidence that Target got boycotted the same year that anti-trans pieces of legislation went up over 400% (over 450 bills this year vs 117 last year and like 70 the year before).

It was an attack on all LGBT people and yes they’re attacking gay men, but they came after the trans folks intentionally. And they never had a problem with Target’s gay pride promotion before.

So I’m attacking the anti-trans folks because they are the same ones going after Target.

by Anonymousreply 327May 31, 2023 7:03 PM

[quote] And one of the TERF cunts replied that I was a misogynist woman-hater.

I can't possibly understand what would make them say that!

by Anonymousreply 328May 31, 2023 8:04 PM

Can we stop saying "cisgender" and more correctly say "non-gender dysphoric".

Referring to non-trans as "cisgender" is like calling people with two legs "non-amputees". There is simply no reason for the distinction when one can say "real men", and "real women". We get it, hon.

by Anonymousreply 329June 1, 2023 2:01 AM

Can’t wait until the fat, psychotic anti-trans shut-ins are doxxed lol

by Anonymousreply 330June 1, 2023 2:18 AM

[quote]Can we stop saying "cisgender" and more correctly say "non-gender dysphoric".

No. That's propaganda. "Cis" is the counterpart of "Trans." Study Latin. You sound like an idiot and you're definitely a bigot. GTFO yourself. "Cis" is not a slur. It simply means "this side." I'm cis and can't see the problem. Seriously, get over it. You're hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 331June 1, 2023 2:20 AM

SO it's okay for trannies to not want to be deadnamed or called pronouns they don't approve of, but the rest of us should fall in line and accept the moniker of CIS from our trans overlords even though we don't want to be referred to by some bullshit, made up term?

Yeah, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 332June 1, 2023 2:22 AM

^ then go cry about it to your therapist. Triggered fat bitch. Lol

by Anonymousreply 333June 1, 2023 2:25 AM

stop liking your own posts, troon.

by Anonymousreply 334June 1, 2023 2:27 AM

R332 is TRIGGERED!! Someone used the correct term to refer to her as someone whose gender matches the sex they were assigned at birth, and now she is PRESSED, HUNTY. She says she is NOT "cis," she is ***REAL*** Make a note of it! That terminology does not apply to her, she is SPECIAL and gets her own terms! COMPLY OR SUFFER CONSEQUENCES!!!

by Anonymousreply 335June 1, 2023 2:31 AM

R335 - R332 is so triggered she already called the local McD’s a heads-up that she’ll be ordering at the drive-thru

…. Ordering the entire menu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 1, 2023 2:35 AM

If "cis" is someone whose gender matches the sex they were assigned at birth, its perfectly fine to refer to those whose gender does not match the sex they were assigned as "trannies".

by Anonymousreply 337June 1, 2023 2:37 AM

I have no problems with cis since I had to take Organic chemistry and that’s pretty much the only place besides gender in the English language it’s used. You have cis isomers (both part around the center on the same side) and trans isomers (parts across from one another).

I do work in HIV research where it’s necessary to identify cisgender men and transgender men, etc, but in the real would, I never use that word. If I’m applying for car insurance online and there’s a question that’s “Sex:” and the choices are

Male

Female

Other (please describe)

I don’t check other and write in “CISgender male, you transphobes!!”” *stomps feet with hands on my tiny hips*

It doesn’t come up 99% of the time IN THE REAL WORLD. Only online when you’re probably antagonizing trans people on Reddit (and for the love of god, get off of Reddit and get outside and get some fresh air).

So it doesn’t bother me. People who COMPLAIN about it incessantly bother me.

It doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 338June 1, 2023 2:50 AM

[quote]If "cis" is someone whose gender matches the sex they were assigned at birth, its perfectly fine to refer to those whose gender does not match the sex they were assigned as "trannies".

So r337, does that make you a cissy?

by Anonymousreply 339June 1, 2023 2:54 AM

I'm male, r337.

Which is, of course the opposite of a "She-Male". Zat you?

by Anonymousreply 340June 1, 2023 3:04 AM

[quote]Seriously, get over it. You're hysterical.

Yeah, that must be it. (rolling eyes)

Hiding behind some manipulation of Latin to create this frankenword is a bit much. We all see through it, toots. One does not define a thing through the lens of what it is not, but as an earlier poster wrote, "once people have convinced themselves of this ideology there is no way to reason with them".

Ever notice which group is always so full of vitriol, bile and profanity? Cis IS a SLUR, and you're just the person to prove it!

by Anonymousreply 341June 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Even in AIDS research there's no reason for "cis", as the population consists of "trans men" and "men". Political correctness demands that linguistic sleight of hand as there are no subcategories of men and women. I refer to "trans women" as "trans identifying men" because it is far more accurate. It is always allowable to call anything by its real name.

by Anonymousreply 342June 1, 2023 3:15 AM

[quote] [R332] is TRIGGERED!! Someone used the correct term to refer to her as someone whose gender matches the sex they were assigned at birth, and now she is PRESSED, HUNTY. She says she is NOT "cis," she is ***REAL*** Make a note of it! That terminology does not apply to her, she is SPECIAL and gets her own terms! COMPLY OR SUFFER CONSEQUENCES!!!

Troon Theater

by Anonymousreply 343June 1, 2023 3:16 AM

I’m not trans, r340. I’m a big burly male bear, Cissy.

(P.S. You’re r337. You just called yourself a she-male, Cissy)

by Anonymousreply 344June 1, 2023 3:20 AM

[quote]Someone used the correct term to refer to her as someone whose gender matches the sex they were assigned at birth

Uh, EVERYONE'S GENDER MATCHES, except the mentally ill, dysphoric who are convinced otherwise, often by the urging of those who have an agenda to meddle in this sadness.

There is zero science in the odious "gender assigned at birth" garbage that is pure TRA propaganda! Our gender is a chromosomal CERTAINTY at the moment of conception! It is not like a logo on a baseball cap, or the color of paint you paint your house with. We ARE our gender whether we accept it or fight it.

Agreeing with Iran on this issue will never make you any sort of "Progressive" so please cure yourself of that notion.

by Anonymousreply 345June 1, 2023 3:24 AM

^ even the native Americans didn’t believe in a binary gender. Modern day Pakistan recognizes the concept of non-gender conforming individuals…and grants them their own fucking legal protections. Meanwhile, western “democracies” filled with right wing shitstains like yourself….

by Anonymousreply 346June 1, 2023 3:31 AM

Oh, my bad. Literally this past week, right wing shitstains similarly-minded to r345 just tried rolling back those same protections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 1, 2023 3:34 AM

Hey r347, I'm not interested in anything your sad cosplayers are up to, it is all so tragic and depressing.

Trans is really just appropriation, misogyny and acceptable blackface, but I'm the "right-wing shitstain"!

Oh, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 348June 1, 2023 3:38 AM

"I’m not trans, [R340]. I’m a big burly male bear, Cissy"

So you're fat and have a hairy vagina. There's a dear!

by Anonymousreply 349June 1, 2023 3:43 AM

[quote] "I’m not trans, [[R340]]. I’m a big burly male bear, Cissy"

Well, that's what you THINK you look like. We all know you really resemble Sylvia Miles.

by Anonymousreply 350June 1, 2023 4:29 AM

I do find it amusing when the TRA starts throwing appearance insults around when we all know perfectly well what the traditional enby or tranny looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 1, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote]So you're fat and have a hairy vagina. There's a dear!

Yes, Cissy. Males that aren’t trans have vaginas. And I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not fat, so it would never work out between us. I’m tall and wider on top like a lumberjack. Think of your mom’s build.

by Anonymousreply 352June 1, 2023 5:19 AM

You're such a tranny lover, R352, you should hire one of the non-working ones from the show Transparent to write your jokes for you because you're such a fat flop at it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 353June 1, 2023 5:21 AM

Dylan Mulvaney said in his latest video he plans to carry a child after getting pregnant. He wasn't joking. He doesn't seem to understand how biology works. Of course this was the same Dylan who talked about the aftermath of AIDS while making a buck on lipstick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 1, 2023 5:22 AM

Mulvaney is DESPERATE to stay in the public eye and will say anything to extend his 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 355June 1, 2023 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!