Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Continue thirst here

by Anonymousreply 599April 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Begin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2023 10:24 PM

That image is by far the least thirst worthy of both of them to me. Use a gym image next time

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2023 10:26 PM

Patrick posting and Alice commenting about Kit’s win. Happy for him, I think Kit is lovely and very talented, but the favouritism is pretty damn blatant. Idk how Joe isn’t exhausted of it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2023 10:27 PM

R2 it is tradition (of a three weeks)

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2023 10:28 PM

Joe liked Patrick’s post. He’s really sweet/supportive

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2023 10:32 PM

Kit didn't thank Joe though?

R3 It's honestly so shit. inb4 people say it doesn't matter since Joe loves hyping his costars, has MCU and a boyfriend so he should be happy with everything

Godspeed OP. Hope you don't get a temp ban

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2023 10:33 PM

R2 I got you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2023 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2023 10:36 PM

R7 thank you. Honestly as someone thirsty for Joe’s hot little ass I’d like the first 10 posts in every thread fo just be his most fuckable looks with a few from my number 2 Bash, but I acknowledge Kit and Will’s appeal. DL is for everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2023 10:37 PM

I love that someone had their camera on him when he won. Super happy for him (and the Derry Girls wins, and Ambika Mod's win - she should've been nominated for the BAFTA).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2023 10:38 PM

R3 I mean, he won - it would be weird if they didn’t acknowledge. Looks like Patrick was there too.

I agree that Joe is essentially being ignored universally at this point (including by Kit in this speech) but it’s almost not worth mentioning here. It’s shitty that Kit, Patrick (and now Alice, which leads me to believe there are issues) treat him as less important than B characters like Yaz but what can you do but set off the Kit stans that get sensitive here (to be clear I think there is three and the rest are totally normal). And before one of them comes for me - I get why Kit is so popular and loved and why he doesn’t talk about Joe but I’m a Joe fan so it grates - no need to come to his defence

OP here - maybe this is goodbye?

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2023 10:38 PM

Was Alice actually there? I would assume that she wasn’t, but he sort of pointed when he said her name and her acknowledging it seems out of character.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2023 10:41 PM

R11 oh I meant the Alice comment, not the Patrick post. It looks like Patrick was literally there so while I don’t like him either I of course think he should post for Kit. I’m also a Joe stan but idk, he seems to have no issues with anyone so either we’re blowing this way out of proportion (plausible) or he doesn’t mind being more “generous” than Alice, Patrick, and Kit. With the disclaimer that Alice and Patrick are in a VERY different bucket than Kit for me; the former two suck, I actually quite like Kit but think he’s a less effusively supportive friend than Joe which is to be fair a very high bar. Kit has always seemed genuinely glad for Joe’s successes when he does acknowledge them

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2023 10:41 PM

Assume Joe will post something when there is some kind of official post - will get read for filth if he doesn’t

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2023 10:42 PM

R11 Patrick's never cared about Joe, so don't think much has changed there. Kit is just the golden boy and Yaz is super special and gets called legendary and world changing, and Joe is just a cis white gay kid, so he gets left out. Don't think there are issues there, it's just how it is.

I'll be praying for you.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2023 10:42 PM

R14 if people get mad at him not posting Kit’s win when Kit didn’t acknowledge his that’s batshit. And I was actually fine with Kit not acknowledging his WOS thing, same way I’d be fine w Joe not acknowledging this. I think he will anyway because he’s the most universally supportive cast member (him and Bash)

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2023 10:43 PM

I guess I’m in the minority, but I’m fine with Kit not mentioning Joe by name and Joe not reposting if he chooses not to. Kit’s thanked Joe explicitly before and seemed nervous as hell on stage, and Joe is clearly supportive of Kit and everyone else so one repost skipped doesn’t mean shit.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2023 10:44 PM

Joe doesn't have to repost shit. Him giving that post a like is good enough. Though Joe did get called bitter for not posting about Kit's Emmy win, when he mentioned later he just forgot to post about the Emmy's at all. He's kinda booked and busy.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2023 10:46 PM

R17 yeah to be honest, I did think Kit was tacky for not mentioning Joe in his original Emmys post but I get him not mentioning Joe more for this; probably felt more odd to single out one cast mate. Would have been nice to mention him here but I don’t fault him for not

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2023 10:46 PM

R19 I don't think it's the end of the world, but Joe's more than one cast mate. The show doesn't work and Nick doesn't work without Joe.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2023 10:48 PM

R12 Alice acknowledged it because the win is tied to her show and it's a boost to her ego. Alice was never going to acknowledge Joe's WoS win because she can't point at Heartstopper and attempt to take credit for it.

R17 I agree with you. Unfortunately, people project their baggage and fandom PTSD onto everything everyone does so expect a war on Twitter no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2023 10:48 PM

Without wanting to be a downer, I will be totally frank that I'm really surprised by the award win and having seen the other two nominees, am mindblown that he beat them. Seems more like capitalizing on the "hot new thing" than actually performance based. Kit was good for sure, I think probably the strongest young performance of S1 though I can see a shout for Joe as well, but he was not "Best Actor" worthy in HS. Great for his CV though I suppose

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2023 10:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2023 10:51 PM

“Robust jury discussion” - that’s shady as shit

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2023 10:52 PM

R21 the war on Twitter will be between a max of 40 people. They are loud but hstwt is minuscule now

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2023 10:54 PM

I follow film awards season and that’s pretty typical, especially for critics awards. People are very passionate about their favorite performances, leads to heated discussions and debates. Means it was likely close between the 3 of them or between 2 of the 3.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Kit's a good actor, though probably not deserving of lead wins against actors who have worked for years. And Joe fans, and I am one, don't get your hopes up that Joe gets recognition next season either since the whole love can't cure mental illness talk is gonna be Kit's award submission, which he'll win every time because people eat up that cheesy shit because it'll move them to tears a la his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2023 10:56 PM

Crazy headline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2023 10:57 PM

R27 Happy that Olivia gets one of the only decent lines Alice has ever written.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2023 10:59 PM

I am too pissed to be diplomatic about this shit tonight they completely ignored Joe’s What’s On Stage award while hyping Kit and in my first direct criticism of Kit he has now ‘forgotten’ to mention Joe in two acceptance speeches

Kit seems a great guy and this isn’t on him and yes he had a shit time with the queerbaiting allegations but welcome to the world where the reality is straight passing bi privilege tramples all over anti gay homophobia every time

Kit overall outperformed Joe in series one as we have all acknowledged and wins for Heartstopper and any openly lgbt+ actors are a good thing but there is a point between the acceptance of a homophobic fandom and the blatant favouritism of both the show creatives and the lgbt+ press where it just becomes the erasure of both the lead gay character and the openly gay actor that plays him in what is after all a m/m story and that, as you may have noticed, pisses me off

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2023 11:00 PM

R27 Before anyone gets bent out of shape about this, yes, I agree Kit is an out queer man and that will of course make his career harder, but it is fully unsurprising to me that the masc lead who isn't "fully gay" gets more attention, and that a storyline about severe mental health issues will be praised less than a storyline about how hard it is to date someone with those issues. For awards and circles that are concerned about being progressive his coming out was a win win as they can continue to survive off popular hype while saying it's about awarding underrepresented bi men. That said, this happens in many many many shows and at least Kit is actually a nice guy and a good actor. It's way worse when the person who gets most popular is a complete dickhead or untalented, though I do maintain Kane Robinson deserved this a lot more (I think Top Boy is criminally underrated).

Anyway, Joe has Marvel, at the very least, and hopefully more things to come. I don't think an RTS award, Kid's Emmy, or WOS award are even close to the career peak for either of them, and i'm very interested to see where both their careers grow and how they develop as actors

by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2023 11:07 PM

You’re thirsting over children? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2023 11:12 PM

R11 Kit thanked the heartstopper cast as a whole. I don't think he needed to thank Joe separately as Joe wasn't nominated. I'm very curious as to how they're going to promote the show next season. The main focus should be on Charlie and I will be very annoyed if the other subplots take over.

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2023 11:14 PM

R33 Focus will be on how hard it is to date someone with mental illness and how you can't always help them

by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2023 11:15 PM

R33 My guess is that the audience-at-large and the media will only give a fuck about Nick and Charlie, but Alice will prance around promoting Isaac's aroace storyline like her life depends on it. Love Tobie, but I'm genuinely concerned about his acting abilities and how they'll translate to Isaac having a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 35March 28, 2023 11:16 PM

Patrick is excited. Reposting his own post to his stories

Kit commented on his post saying he loves Patrick (Patrick dream came true)

by Anonymousreply 36March 28, 2023 11:18 PM

My completely non-cynical answer is that it’s going to depend on how the writing pans out. I hope Alice consulted with people in recovery from an eating disorder or at least made use of a sensitivity reader, but with her ego I’m guessing she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 37March 28, 2023 11:18 PM

Without sounding too preachy because everyone can have an opinion of course, I think there’s a difference between “Kit doesn’t hype Joe”, which would be shitty, and “Kit doesn’t hype Joe as much as Joe hypes him”, which is just a personality thing. I say this as a Joe stan who honestly likes Kit fine but finds him a little dull, so no Kit bias here - I think it’s way more the latter than the former and Joe sets an extremely high bar.

Kit from the looks of it came back from London for Joe’s bday to celebrate, posted really nicely about his birthday and Marvel casting, was cheering his name like crazy at the NTAs. It would be great if he was on Joe’s level of hyping him, publicly supporting him re hate online, posting thirst comments etc. but I don’t think there’s any signs he doesn’t genuinely care about him. I think Joe is just genuinely the most supportive and loyal of the cast, and expecting everyone to act the same as him is a very high expectation; clearly he likes Kit a lot

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2023 11:19 PM

R36 maybe one day when Joe wins something HS related, Patrick will actually have toshow his support then too. Considering he clearly doesn’t gaf about Joe, I presume he’ll like a Pink News post about him and consider that job done - definitely not a grid post and story

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2023 11:21 PM

I agree, and I go back to the “thank u, love u, miss u” Story that Joe posted for Kit’s birthday and the multiple times he’s talked about Kit as a support system for him.

Kit doesn’t post his own shit half the time, of course he’s not at Joe’s level of hyping.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Stirring the pot… maybe something has gone down between he and Joe lol

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2023 11:25 PM

There's nothing to build that conspiracy theory around, Joe liked the post immediately.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2023 11:26 PM

R41 Depending on who else likes that post we can start rumors of a feud

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2023 11:27 PM

R42 no fun

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2023 11:27 PM

R43 because he's trying to hide the deep seated issues between the two of them. You gotta think deeper

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2023 11:28 PM

R43 Bradley's time to shine.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2023 11:28 PM

yeah tbh im not expecting any recognition for Joe S2. You just know that the love cant cure mental illness speech is going to the awards bait once again especially since its going to be Kit & Olivia

it is what its unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2023 11:29 PM

R45 This would require me to handwave one of my favorite things about Joe, how bitchy and reactive he can be.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2023 11:29 PM

R41 for all that Joe is a saucy little fucker he seems remarkably conflict averse, and he has hyped Kit “unnecessarily” (the two birthday posts, the post about his nom, immediately liking Patrick’s post) a lot in the past few weeks. I think as much as DL generally praises Joe and Kit the same way - generous, caring etc. - and they both are, Joe is just more so.

That’s not to shit on Kit as he still seems like a really good guy, but I think it’s less a sign there’s an issue and more that Kit is still (understandably) a self absorbed teen to a degree and doesn’t spend all his time self reflecting on how his issues aren’t the only issues. Ex, him talking about only how biphobia is an awful bias, the comments he got on his looks, etc while not overly considering Joe’s experience with those things. Expecting teenagers to handle everything perfectly and be non self absorbed at all times is a recipe for failure imo

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2023 11:30 PM

R42 I was speaking more about Kit not thanking Joe than Joe’s reaction. I don’t actually believe it, but between this and Tobie’s post I’m starting a Joe erasure rumour

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2023 11:30 PM

Alice also just left a comment so everyone could thank her for writing Nick, which they are of course

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2023 11:30 PM

R50 I know people said Joe's out of the country and Bash has been too, but still... let's start a rumor. Will could have mentioned them even if it's been a minute

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2023 11:32 PM

R50 in all seriousness and this is again based on nothing, I don’t think there’s literally any evidence at all for anyone having an issue with Joe, but I have wondered about Bash and the cast. Not to sound offensive, but Kizzy hanging out with and posting about the two minor trans characters for the first time ever the day after Bash’s casting came out raised an eyebrow, as did literally the entire cast, even people like Tobie and Kit who are close to Bash and normally post for him, ignoring his casting. Plus Tobie Kit and Will apparently hanging out a bunch just the three of them; Joe is obviously in america but Bash has been mainly UK based. I doubt there actually is any issue, but the only “awkwardness” I could possibly see between Joe and anyone in the cast is if they had an issue with Bash.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2023 11:33 PM

R51 Yeah, it’s not like Alice suddenly gives a fuck about Kit. It’s about herself.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2023 11:34 PM

R47 yep, Charlie is just a vehicle to pour Nick’s story through. I know someone mentioned that Alice still views Charlie as the main character in the HS comics but I don’t think See Saw, Patrick or Netflix will give a fuck. Alice mentioned she doesn’t have much post-production influence and Kit’s clearly the golden goose and See Saw’s fav. I got so bitter, I was fine… you guys have really supported my annoyance (and it really is just annoying - Joe will be fine)

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2023 11:38 PM

R33 tbh I doubt there's any issue, but did wonder why Bash wasn't hanging out with the three of them.

Joe standing by his man

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2023 11:38 PM

R53 I don't mean to imply that there is a problem with Bash and other cast members, but judging from Joe's current performance, if other people are dissatisfied with Bash, I think Joe will be very firm in choosing Bash. He do view his bf as first choice.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2023 11:39 PM

R53 same but don’t bring that here - Twitter already run that shit and it’s not worth going over. and I do find it difficult to believe that they didn’t know that Bash was in the game. I suspect he tried to get out of it for ages but it was just way out of hands

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2023 11:40 PM

Going to laugh when they all show up en masse to Bash’s play.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2023 11:41 PM

R53 Also Cori is not part of the fake feud since she liked Bash's casting on WOS

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2023 11:42 PM

R60 Kit liked it too, didn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2023 11:43 PM

R59 I'm sure Kit, Tobie and Will are going to. And Joe of course will probably be there at least half a dozen times and bring his mother. Alice won't and doubt the rest will. Actually Bradley will just because.

R61 Nope

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2023 11:43 PM

As I said doubt there’s actually an issue with Bash! More saying that the rest of the cast all clearly like Joe a lot and he seems so zen that that’s the only think I can see pissing him off though I think it is still super unlikely

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2023 11:45 PM

I don’t actually overly care who posts about or who likes what generally but will actually think it’s shitty if Will specifically hypes this win when he ignored Joe’s, given Joe is also his costar in the play

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2023 11:47 PM

I'm starting the Kit has a secret crush on Joe that's why he doesn't praise him on social media. Kidding aside, I remember Kit saying social media is not a window to his soul. He doesn't post about his close friends from home and he rarely interacts with anyone (other than the hs cast and mainly Tobie and Will). I think he values Joe a lot and I think their relationship is less for show. Joe always praises Kit for the way he made him comfortable on set. I don't see why people care that they hype each other online. They clearly do offline. Even Kit got offended when Joe said they were 'good friends' and not 'best friends' in an interview. Also, Joe seems to be quite dismissive whenever Kit gives him compliments in general.

by Anonymousreply 65March 28, 2023 11:49 PM

R64 ofc he will hype this. kit’s clearly his irl best mate / lover

by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2023 11:50 PM

R53 Would eliminate Kit from the potential feud because I doubt Joe would be saying that he loves him and posting about him pretty frequently (random Dunhill repost, horror film casting, RTS nom) if he had some sort of schism with Bash. And obviously Bash himself has posted about Kit as well. Will and Tobie also seem pretty chill, so I can't really envision them getting into their feelings about anything when it comes to Bash. There could be something there with Kizzy, I guess? But I think he's just not super close to anyone other than Cori.

by Anonymousreply 67March 28, 2023 11:51 PM

R65 to be fair no one is hating on Kit or saying he’s a bad friend, just that Joe seems like a more supportive person. Him being less so than Joe doesn’t mean he’s not at all

by Anonymousreply 68March 28, 2023 11:51 PM

R53 If there is it has nothing to do with that like R58 said the casting and recording was from a long time ago there is no way the whole cast didn’t know about it for pretty much as long as they’ve known Bash. The surprise was Cori and Leila I think posted supporting it they didn’t seem to get the memo as the others had clearly all agreed to ignore it and not promote it like Bash didn’t

Pissed as I am at Joe’s neglect and much as I love a bit of drama and bitchy feuding I have never seen the slightest evidence of any ill will between the cast

A cooling off between Alice and Joe and Bash wouldn’t surprise me and if that happens it will come from Joe as others have said he comes across as fiercely loyal with a sharp edge and his first loyalty will rightfully be his partner

by Anonymousreply 69March 28, 2023 11:53 PM

R67 It's all jokes, at least we are talking about that and not Kit drama though it did makes me question if perhaps Bash isn't as close to them as I believed since he got left out of the threesome gay wine drinking parties. Though I guess Joe and Bash are usually doing their own thing and only occasionally get together with their HS friends in general. Kizzy loves Kit, that's about the only other person he's close with.

R69 Don't worry Alice has Connor to take up the slack and praise her endlessly if Joe and Bash have cooled.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2023 12:01 AM

R70 anyway I hope Joe is taking solace at Kit not thanking or mentioning him at all by riding Bash into the ground

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2023 12:01 AM

R69 as I said in the comment itself it seemed highly unlikely.

I will say what seems more plausible to me is that while I definitely understand why the cast and others don’t “Wade into” a lot of the shit Joe and Bash get, and I do think Kit’s coming out was distinct, it probably sucks to receive objectively the most hate and second most hate of the entire cast and never see anyone have your back online. I didn’t expect anyone to be out tweeting defending bash re JKR, but I was admittedly a little disappointed that the cast members still on Twt (Tobie and Kizzy mainly, even Patrick) didn’t RT his statement about it and make that implicit show of support. Similarly every time Kit made a pissed off tweet (and he had every right to be pissed) pre coming out, the whole cast would like or RT it; they all including Alice wrote glowing support when he came out, while only Bash and Kit responded to or acknowledged Joe being genuinely hurt over trending with “ugly” much less the other times he and Bash got cancelled. For the most part I see the distinction of not wanting to get into fan drama, and agree with everyone else that Alice post Kit coming out was 100% about her and her ego and not about Kit. But even though there’s reasoning behind it and I don’t think it’s a show that the cast don’t care about them it can’t be the most fun experience for Joe and Bash

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2023 12:03 AM

Suspect most of the cast are waiting on some kind of official post from See Saw, Kit or the RTS to repost and congratulate. Not Patrick’s shaky as shit hype post

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2023 12:06 AM

Would be a pleasant surprise if Kit himself posted about it on his feed, but not holding my breath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2023 12:08 AM

R71 Their social break recently just because Bash fucked Joe in every parts of joes apartment. Being famous is to own your fancy open apartment and have great sex in it.

by Anonymousreply 75March 29, 2023 12:15 AM

Joe finally liked Tobie's post. Took awhile.

by Anonymousreply 76March 29, 2023 12:16 AM

R74 really? I think he will. Joe is the one who is absolutely allergic to posting, Kit seems pretty willing

by Anonymousreply 77March 29, 2023 12:16 AM

R77 On his feed? Kit is terrible at it. He'll throw up a Story that disappears in 24 hours and that'll be it.

by Anonymousreply 78March 29, 2023 12:21 AM

R74 What's the source of that pic?

The RTS social media is pretty shitty. They don't update their own IG until the next day, tell you to go to twitter or another IG page.

by Anonymousreply 79March 29, 2023 12:22 AM

R79 It's a screenshot from the video at R8. This is his proper portrait (from the RTS website).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 29, 2023 12:24 AM

R78 agree to disagree and I guess we’ll see! He couldn’t exactly post about the Emmys given he had no pics there and inexplicably skipped to see Maia. He was at this one. I think he’ll post

by Anonymousreply 81March 29, 2023 12:25 AM

The other unpopular opinion I have is that I have an inkling Joe is actually the more talented of the two and in the next few years we’ll see that develop. I still think Kit is great and outperformed Joe S1 but Kit had 10 years of professional experience, professional lessons, and a better script (in my opinion anyway) and the delta between the two is small. I can see an opinion the other way and as I said still think Kit is a strong actor, but Given how strong Joe’s performance was with 0 experience at all think he had a crazy amount of potential

by Anonymousreply 82March 29, 2023 12:31 AM

R70 I think Bash not hanging out with the wine drinking boys so much recently is likely a reflection he has spent more time in Atlanta than we realise. He has clearly returned to London for family events and undoubtedly play related auditions or prep but with his next job lined up and Billy Walsh promo on the horizon I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually did spend most of the last few months playing house husband and willing sex slave to his hot twink after all

by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2023 12:33 AM

Anyway, congratulations to Kit. Feel a bit bad that this thread has gone into defence of Joe mode and Kit has had a great win - I’m a main culprit. We are (hopefully mostly) gay men on this thread so it’s understandable it’s a bit frustrating to see the gay cast member be mostly ignored but Kit is also a queer man and it’s great to see him taking home accolades

by Anonymousreply 84March 29, 2023 12:36 AM

Kit leaving the awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 29, 2023 12:37 AM

Looking very cute

by Anonymousreply 86March 29, 2023 12:39 AM

R82 I have no problem with your opinion but this is the reason why I don't want Kit as Hulking. I think they have amazing chemistry and I'm glad they did Heartstopper together but I want them to separate as soon as the show is over. I don't want their career to be compared to the end of time and I'm getting tired of Kit and Joe's fandoms fighting constantly about how one is more deserving than the other. Joe just started his career. I'm excited to see where he goes and was very impressed with his Marvel gig. I see a lot of potential in him. Again, no hate to you.

by Anonymousreply 87March 29, 2023 12:40 AM

R82 Definitely agree to disagree. There's an element in what makes Kit's acting great that can't be learned.

R83 We also have no clue how long he was in Japan, do we?

by Anonymousreply 88March 29, 2023 12:40 AM

This thread is starting to veer into the annoying bullshit that makes me stay away from anything about the show on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 89March 29, 2023 12:44 AM

R89 Well leave then, a slower thread would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 90March 29, 2023 12:46 AM

R84 Imagine if Joe won an award and everyone made it about Joe not thanking Kit, or Kit's treatment, or how Kit isn't that good, actually. I get the initial frustration, but it's been snowballing for 2 hours now.

by Anonymousreply 91March 29, 2023 12:47 AM

changing the direction for a bit, who do yall think will have the next slutty photoshoot or look.

my money is on our fave bradley

by Anonymousreply 92March 29, 2023 12:48 AM

Not exactly sure what anyone is supposed to say? He won, but it's not an Oscar. Go back to posting his workout if you want everyone to endlessly praise him.

by Anonymousreply 93March 29, 2023 12:49 AM

R90 Pot, kettle.

R92 Will’s inching towards it with that shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 94March 29, 2023 12:50 AM

Speaking of photoshoots, Will from the Maison Valentino Instagram account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 29, 2023 12:59 AM

It’s fine, I’m not bitter he’s showing for everything except the Emmy’s.

by Anonymousreply 96March 29, 2023 1:01 AM

R96 Considering how he and Maia turned out he probably regrets it too.

by Anonymousreply 97March 29, 2023 1:03 AM

R96 I would try to cheer you up by saying something about next year, but who the fuck knows if the next season is going to come out in time.

by Anonymousreply 98March 29, 2023 1:05 AM

R82 I agree Kit is a very gifted actor and will have a good career but Joe just has an extra dimension of intangible about him and a potentially higher ceiling. Non verbal acting is a major strength for both of them and it is impressive that in his first job Joe was able to match Kit in that aspect. In some ways Joe’s career will be more restricted because he is so distinct but that will also work to his advantage at times and make him a stand out choice for certain roles as we have already seen with Marvel. Kit will have a much wider choice of roles but more competition because he is less unique

There is nothing wrong with comparing and speculating on their respective potential and career options if it is done without the school playground mentality. At the end of the day I want to see them both thrive because the most exciting thing about the whole Heartstopper project to an older gay man is a generation of lgbt+ actors starting their careers out and proud and the prospect of watching that unfold for them all

I am however very much of the camp not wanting Kit to be Hulkling as for many reasons they need to separate and carve their own careers. I also want to be able to enjoy watching them both succeed and chat shit about it online without all the fucking fan baggage

by Anonymousreply 99March 29, 2023 1:12 AM

Happy for Kit. Styling wasn’t my favorite; it was giving lesbian a little too hard. Some facial hair would have helped.

by Anonymousreply 100March 29, 2023 1:26 AM

I will say Kit suits a classic suit like a dream. I know they’re made to be generally flattering but he looks fantastic in them always

by Anonymousreply 101March 29, 2023 1:45 AM

R92 this is probably manifesting more than anything else but I could see Joe. Kit is a possibility for a fitness magazine specifically, Joe for something more “high fashion” ie half naked and artsy

by Anonymousreply 102March 29, 2023 3:00 AM

R88 totally get it, as I said I can see an opinion either way. Honestly the fact that we each have 10 people agreeing with us and both of us still thinking the other is a strong actor shows how fucking lucky the show got landing them as the leads, theyre not perfect actors by any means but their inherent talent and potential is huge.

by Anonymousreply 103March 29, 2023 3:02 AM

R102 I'd be surprised if Kit doesn't do some sort of fitness magazine cover. I'm sure his agent's phone was ringing off the hook this weekend.

And Joe would go artsy I'm sure. He's the perfect twink body, those shoulders, chest, waist, etc. Need to show it off. We deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 104March 29, 2023 3:13 AM

Random note, but it looks like Kit and Paul Mescal have both a stylist and personal publicist.

by Anonymousreply 105March 29, 2023 3:14 AM

*have both the same stylist and personal publicist

by Anonymousreply 106March 29, 2023 3:15 AM

R105

they share the same publicist?

by Anonymousreply 107March 29, 2023 3:16 AM

R107 Looks like it, the same one is thanked in the most recent Kit and Paul posts on Felicity Kay’s Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 108March 29, 2023 3:17 AM

Stylist also corrected the spelling of Kit's name.

Paul's a good person to model his career after I'd say. I wonder if Kit will do some theatre work again anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 109March 29, 2023 3:26 AM

R91 I mean, I agree it’s time to move on and talk about more important things like how hot they all are but the comparison makes no sense. Kit routinely gets recognized and chosen over Joe for everything, by a rabid fanbase that is a nasty as fuck to Joe, the producers, awards, and media. Attitude completely ignored JOe having full on body dysmorphia and wrote an entire article about how “deep” Kit’s reason for bulking up was (a few comments about how he was a bit skinny for Nick plus genuinely falling in love with the gym). If Joe got even 1/2 all that I’d get your point but I think gay fans of a gay guy can wish he was better treated. Not saying this to be bitchy but if people want a thread that’s only positive about Kit 24/7 they can make a Kit thread.

by Anonymousreply 110March 29, 2023 3:32 AM

R110 but as i said I do agree with you we should move on so in penance here are four hot photos of the very fuckable cast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 29, 2023 3:43 AM

R111 I really need to see Bash's chest. We only have old pictures

by Anonymousreply 112March 29, 2023 3:45 AM

R112 I want to see a Bash and Joe sex tape. Failing that they can do an artsy film where they’re naked onscreen together

by Anonymousreply 113March 29, 2023 3:55 AM

R112 I loved his body at the Fashion Awards but that was three months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2023 4:01 AM

I won't truly be satisfied until Will leaks a clip of him double-fisting Kit in a sling. Tastefully shot, of course

by Anonymousreply 115March 29, 2023 4:16 AM

Here’s some fun harmless speculation. What do you reckon all their kinks are. Based on absolutely nothing but vibes and projecting

by Anonymousreply 116March 29, 2023 4:23 AM

Bash probably loves having his cock worshipped. He has a very kind and sweet personality but I could see him being very dominant sexually.

by Anonymousreply 117March 29, 2023 4:37 AM

R117 and who better to worship it than joes perfect mouth. I can see a nurturing Dom side. Also can see Joe having a small pain kink, receiving, like spanking and biting. Based on nothing more than his one IG like and Joe’s amazing ass also choose to believe that Bash eats ass a lot.

by Anonymousreply 118March 29, 2023 4:41 AM

Aside from Joe’s perky little ass I love his thighs. I want to suck bite marks into them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 29, 2023 4:43 AM

Idk, but Bash does gives me soft dom vibes. He's probably sweet, but can be a bit more dominate if he has to be. Def. no way he's ever degrading though.

Joe is the most obvious, not kinks exactly but he just seems like he'd be a bit bratty ,but not really too submissive either, and I think everyone is in universal agreement that Joe likes to be picked up and fucked. A good time all around.

Kit100% daddy kink is the only thing I'm sure of

by Anonymousreply 120March 29, 2023 4:51 AM

R120 that all checks out. Joe liking to be put in his place and being a little whiny is hot as hell so I will believe it

by Anonymousreply 121March 29, 2023 4:52 AM

Based on Joes thirsty ig like, maybe Joe also have some daddy kink.

by Anonymousreply 122March 29, 2023 4:53 AM

R122 again, will choose to believe Joe has called daddy a few times solely because it’s hot

by Anonymousreply 123March 29, 2023 4:55 AM

R122 I think he has a hairy man kink, which isn't a kink but ya know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 124March 29, 2023 4:56 AM

Joe absolutely gets spanked and loves it. Bash praises the shit out of him in bed as well. Agree with the soft Dom thing with the added caveat that his aftercare is next level.

Will is such a dark horse, he could be vanilla af or into knifeplay and I’d go “oh, ok”

by Anonymousreply 125March 29, 2023 4:59 AM

R123 You’re right. Joe calling him daddy when Bash is dominating him is really fucking hot. I'm going to make this up out of thin air.

by Anonymousreply 126March 29, 2023 5:00 AM

R124 I remember Bash saying in an interview with GQ that he used to be very disturbed by his hairy physique. Judging by Joe's horny likes, Joe must admire Bash's hairy body. They are an absolute match in every way. Joe's small cute ass is also a huge size queen.

by Anonymousreply 127March 29, 2023 5:27 AM

Really hope Kit has spent the night celebrating with hot Loewe guy

by Anonymousreply 128March 29, 2023 9:29 AM

Would bet money that Joe's next boyfriend is going to be a beefy daddy with a good amount of years over him.

After Kit missed the Emmys, I'm glad awards season is winding down with 1) trade coverage of his win and, 2) an actual picture with him holding bis award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 29, 2023 10:09 AM

R129 will be the hopeless romantic who says Bash and Joe might beat the odds (and yes I do think betting on two teenagers to stay together is wildly unlikely, but they’re fucking cute).

That’s a cute pic of Kit

by Anonymousreply 130March 29, 2023 10:22 AM

Sounds like VFX work on Heartstopper is going to be done by mid-April, so I’m sticking to my late May release date theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 29, 2023 10:36 AM

R131 I’ll be legitimately annoyed if they release later than late May and don’t take advantage of the momentum. They need to strike while the iron is hot to keep getting everyone in the nominations game

by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2023 10:38 AM

R131 Ooh interesting - do we know this is Heartstopper?

by Anonymousreply 133March 29, 2023 10:54 AM

R133 Obviously can’t guarantee it 100%, but it’s the main high-profile Netflix show they work on. I would say I’m 95% sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 29, 2023 11:00 AM

R131 Oh, this is a great find. Hopefully they don't end up holding the show back until the fall. It wouldn't make sense to, partly because of what R132 said.

Kit's PR agency posted about his win, here's some thigh action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 29, 2023 11:17 AM

From Deadline:

[quote]Heartstopper’s Kit Connor took home Leading Actor (Male) ahead of Top Boy’s Kane Robinson aka Kano and The English’s Chaske Spencer, marking a rare RTS acting win for a Netflix show.

Hope Netflix sends Kit a nice gift basket.

by Anonymousreply 136March 29, 2023 11:45 AM

This photo came across my twt feed again and I don’t know why but it will always make me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2023 12:03 PM

Come on Kit, post about your win! He’s too modest for his own good.

by Anonymousreply 138March 29, 2023 12:03 PM

R138 it’s only been a few hours and the official photos haven’t been posted yet, give him time. Without targeting this towards you, I do find it funny how insistent the thread is that Kit and Joe are so modest about everything. They’re definitely pretty humble but he posted about his nomination; like Joe, I’m sure he’ll post one way or another about his win

by Anonymousreply 139March 29, 2023 12:05 PM

R139 Lol it’s been like 15 hours, to be fair. And I have to say that I get an extremely modest vibe from Kit, to the extent that he doesn’t take compliments well and kinda freezes/bats them away, and generally doesn’t like drawing attention. That isn’t something I’m ‘insistent’ on, just a personality trait I’ve strongly picked up on.

by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2023 12:12 PM

R140 we can agree to disagree there. I get similar vibes from both Kit and Joe, which is that they’re extremely grateful for their opportunities and don’t go in expecting wins/are surprised when they happen but are nonetheless rightfully excited and happy to accept them when they get them. I think they’re sweet and down to earth but don’t think either comes off as extremely more modest than average at all. Kit’s posted every nomination and award he’s gotten on his stories at least, so he’s not totally allergic to that attention

by Anonymousreply 141March 29, 2023 12:18 PM

Ironically the one I get the most modest vibes from is Bash, he obviously hasn’t been in the nomination conversation for HS but in interviews and things like that he constantly gives all credit to Alice, talks up Kit and Joe’s performances as extremely strong, and so forth. the cast are all nice and pretty humble though, minus Yaz but I honestly think it’s funny and don’t mind her hyping herself so much.

I agree that kit sometimes doesn’t know how to react to compliments but ironically it comes off sort of funny because Joe will say something sweet about him in an interview, and then Kit is I think unsure how to reply and says thank you and doesn’t compliment him back. Don’t think it’s because he has nothing nice to say about Joe, it’s just awkwardness, but I think that’s part of where the “Kit doesn’t hype Joe” conversation comes from; his awkward ass not knowing how to take and gracefully return a compliment.

All likable and as 141 said down to earth guys

by Anonymousreply 142March 29, 2023 12:23 PM

The HS guys continue to have British GQ in a chokehold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 29, 2023 12:34 PM

R139 It’s because we’re used to Alice and her ego. Kit and Joe are humble saints in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 144March 29, 2023 12:37 PM

R144 compared to Alice I’m ready to petition the pope to canonize the entire cast. It is mind blowing how much more annoying she is than them

by Anonymousreply 145March 29, 2023 12:43 PM

Can joe or bash move or something. This place has started to feel like Twitter.

On side note: why bash's thread is still on but not Joe's? Are we not allowed to make threads for particular topics?

by Anonymousreply 146March 29, 2023 12:46 PM

I have no idea tbh. The individual kit/joe threads got shut down and i dont think anyone bothered to try and make another one again

honestly we will probably continue to have no joe/bash content at least until the summer. Joe definitely not until he wraps but we might get some from Bash when he starts the play

by Anonymousreply 147March 29, 2023 12:50 PM

R147 was going to say the exact same re the play. I think we’ll get a fair bit of fan content from the (saner) fans who aren’t afraid to admit they’re going to the play. I would bet that a lot of the performative ones who claim to hate him re JKR Will still be going especially opening and closing nights in the thought that they might see a cast member, but won’t post about it. I just want someone to keep a tally of how many times Joe attends. Joe might post another selfie from being bored on set but think they next time we’ll get anything other than a random Atlanta fan photo is from Bash’s play or fashion week

by Anonymousreply 148March 29, 2023 12:55 PM

Both the Kit and Joe individual threads were getting deleted whenever they were being made, which is why neither have threads and we use the HS thread for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 149March 29, 2023 1:02 PM

R146 the kit and joe threads got repeatedly nuked. These things can be arbitrary because Muriel has deemed it too annoying. She was closing them on sight so I wouldn’t bother. At a guess it’s because Twitter found DL and the threads were awash with fucking nonsense shipping and stans yelling at each other. They also just used to cross post the same shit to each. Bash’s thread is basically historical - I think it’s been around since he was 18.

Muriel likes to remind us that we are just barely tolerated. I am OP and this is my first post since was banned 8 hrs ago for starting this thread….

by Anonymousreply 150March 29, 2023 1:05 PM

I am going to the play and plan on taking photos and sharing details on here, I don’t have Twitter so if they end up on there it definitely was not me

by Anonymousreply 151March 29, 2023 1:05 PM

R150 I was wondering about you, I'm glad the ban wasn't 24 hrs at least.

Genuinely, none of the cast is active enough that they need separate threads right now. Kit content 2 days in a row is basically an anomaly. He's going to disappear until either whenever something happens with JW Anderson or the next season of HS. We probably won't get proper Joe content until fashion week in the summer or the next season, whichever comes first. The Bash thread is basically dead and will likely stay dead until the play.

by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2023 1:10 PM

Joe had threads of his own for months (that weren't really needed) until twitter found them. Kit threads have never been allowed for whatever reason.

And yep, Muriel seems to like Bash and barely tolerate these threads but seems to allow them if people stay contained here.

R150 We salute your sacrifice OP.

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2023 1:12 PM

R152 first time offence so I think I was given a lighter sentence

Someone used to open new threads every time it hit subscription only. Now we don’t, the people who used to post when it was open seem to have fucked off back to Twitter

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2023 1:18 PM

R154 There are still one or two annoying fucks popping up from time to time and I’m sure some hardcore lurkers getting better at not giving themselves away but since the Heartstopper twitter cabal devoured itself it has become notably more pleasant to be here there was a long stretch where I wouldn’t even look at these threads it was a complete fangirl shitshow

by Anonymousreply 155March 29, 2023 1:30 PM

Not russel liking british gq’s post almost instantly 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 29, 2023 1:39 PM

R156 Under 15 seconds is actually insane. Taron liked it, too.

by Anonymousreply 157March 29, 2023 1:42 PM

R155 I don’t mind when it gets bitchy or even being accused of being a frau (always rational) because traditon. I was pleasantly surprised to realised how gay it actually was on this thread a few weeks ago when the whose-hottest discussion took off and there were far more twink fans than I would have guessed. Maybe the level of detail some of us went into about why the cast are hot and what we would like to do to them, made some of the frau fuck off too. It’s decidedly more DL on here in over the last month

by Anonymousreply 158March 29, 2023 1:43 PM

R156 Russell sweetheart there is such a thing as too keen you will have the puritan guard at your throat

by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2023 1:43 PM

R155 I stayed in the Bash threads for the most part, but you know it's gotten better since you used to not to be able to mention Bash in the HS threads or Kit in the Bash threads or there would be an all out war, which tells you where all the people were from.

R156 Well, Russell did seem excited to meet him.

by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2023 1:44 PM

R156 Obligatory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2023 1:46 PM

R161 I take offense to Kit being called a twink. Twunk if you must. But in front of the giant penis too.

And I can't get over Kit not posting his win. I wonder if he feels a bit bad to post things when he's the only winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 29, 2023 1:51 PM

R161 The twitter storm after that was fucking hilarious poor guy didn’t know what had hit him he got a follow from me for his pain

by Anonymousreply 163March 29, 2023 1:54 PM

R161

Russell looking like the cat that got the crean. I wonder if he would actually try and hook up. he seemed a bit too excited to meet him

by Anonymousreply 164March 29, 2023 1:55 PM

R162 I think since he revealed his furry(ish) chest in all its glory, it’s fair to say Kit is on his way to Cub (at 19 - possible he will get hairier)

by Anonymousreply 165March 29, 2023 1:57 PM

Does anyone know where I can find the interview where Joe and Kit recreate the ‘hi’s and Kit is semi-flustered at Joe’s version? It’s the one interview I can never find. I think it’s pretty short.

by Anonymousreply 166March 29, 2023 2:00 PM

R162 When I said that he'd post a Story and go yesterday, I didn't realize I was setting the bar too high. Someone ran into him in London (no picture) a couple of hours ago so he seems to be out and about, but he's definitely been on Instagram because he liked the Netflix UK post about his win.

R164 It wouldn't surprise me. He's tracked him down for a picture both times they've been at the same show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 29, 2023 2:02 PM

R166 Do you remember what they were wearing or anything visually distinctive about it?

by Anonymousreply 168March 29, 2023 2:03 PM

Bash liking nothing as yet makes me think he’s probably on his way back or just got back to England, which would make some sense as surely rehearsals start soon. Hopefully what’s on stage posts some rehearsal pics like they did for the trials. Also hoping Joe is equally as thirsty on main and posts the pics if so

by Anonymousreply 169March 29, 2023 2:05 PM

R169 Bash barely likes anything lately so it's hard to judge

by Anonymousreply 170March 29, 2023 2:06 PM

R170 that’s true and as someone who wants all of the hot cast to be having as much sex as they can handle I would love him to still be there

by Anonymousreply 171March 29, 2023 2:07 PM

R168 Sadly not! I know it was in the early rounds of interviews so April/May. It could even have been one of the non-English ones.

by Anonymousreply 172March 29, 2023 2:11 PM

R162 Twink may be overstating it twunk is certainly apt when you look at his twitter feed any of those guys would definitely have folded him in half

R165 I agree he is moving firmly into cub territory now and he will definitely get hairier

by Anonymousreply 173March 29, 2023 2:13 PM

R172 Maybe this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 29, 2023 2:15 PM

Not bringing fandom drama over, more ruminating generally, but I’m really excited for all the cast but especially for Joe and Kit to develop fanbases Outside the puritan HS one. I watched the Shadow and Bone cast read thirst tweets; one of them got several calling him daddy, saying they wanted to fuck, and so on and both the actors and the fanbase clearly found it funny. In fact the one thing the fans took issue with was that the openly gay actor got really tame ones calling him cute and adorable, and said infantalizing queer men is an issue (which I agree with). If kit and Joe read thirst tweets, I think the HS fan base would try to get the FBI involved

by Anonymousreply 175March 29, 2023 2:35 PM

R174 Yesss that’s the one! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 176March 29, 2023 2:46 PM

Exactly how many times does Patrick plan to post Kit’s win? I suppose I’m happy he’s hyping someone besides Alice but Jesus we get it

by Anonymousreply 177March 29, 2023 3:00 PM

R175 I am relieved the full horror doesn’t extend beyond the Heartstopper fans there is something about Alice in particular that attracts the worst and most repressed youngsters. Both Jack Wolfe and the other Kit are smoking hot and on that note does anyone know anything about Kit Young’s sexuality? He’s pinging a bit for me but I can’t find anything

Infantilising gay men in nothing new from being gay is fine but we don’t want to see it to the asexual court jester. With this lot it goes beyond to the demonising of all male sexuality as innately predatory and repulsive. I suppose the chaste asexual representation they get with Nick and Charlie feels safe but my god do they turn psycho when anything challenges that purity bubble and that extends through to Kit. They definitely have a weird distorted view of male bisexuality as something pure and sweet where bi boys hold hands with them and each other make daisy chains and talk about their feelings but never fuck anyone least of all other men

To summarise if anyone ever posts the words squish mush or pocket sized in earnest on this site they need a life ban

by Anonymousreply 178March 29, 2023 3:05 PM

R177 his Twitter likes are insane, he likes several a week on Nick or kit and hasn’t liked anything about Joe or Charlie specifically since I believe Joe got cast in marvel. One of the truest signs that Joe is either a saint or a phenomenal actor is that he’s still so nice with him and hasn’t told him to fuck off

by Anonymousreply 179March 29, 2023 3:05 PM

His twitter likes are just full of things like this. Joe/Charlie only get a like if Kit's in them.

Patrick's never gave a single shit about Joe, though you'd think he'd at least pretend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 29, 2023 3:09 PM

R178 Kit Young also pings for me, in part because I think the way he flirted and acted with Jack onscreen was extremely natural and didn’t feel like a guy performing queerness, but I don’t think he’s ever officially said anything. Jack is openly gay, not that that’s a shock, and is low key but not hiding his boyfriend outside the show

by Anonymousreply 181March 29, 2023 3:14 PM

I don't think it's necessarily because he doesn't like Joe/Charlie, I think it's because Charlie is his self-insert so he's infatuated with Kit/Nick.

by Anonymousreply 182March 29, 2023 3:14 PM

R182 I agree that he sees Charlie as a self insert and thus is infatuated with Nick and Kit but I don’t think he likes Joe nearly as much as Kit.

by Anonymousreply 183March 29, 2023 3:18 PM

R182 It's a bit weird. He's their boss and not some random on the internet. You'd think he'd equally support all the cast, but pretty obviously doesn't. It's Kit by a mile then Yaz and Joe is somewhere at the bottom with Bash and the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 184March 29, 2023 3:19 PM

R184 interestingly I would say Kit then Yaz, agreed, but then Tobie and Bash, randomly. He posts about and likes things related to them more than to Joe, it’s really bizarre. It may honestly just be a case of personalities not clicking as well but he’s over 10 years older than them and their boss, he should absolutely make his bias less obvious. Every bit of the Nick storyline built up at the expense of Charlie’s I suspect will be from him

by Anonymousreply 185March 29, 2023 3:21 PM

R179 Patrick is a profound disappointment I had all the goodwill and instinctive gay solidarity in the world and even looked past his adoration of Alice but his conduct is not professional or respectful. If I were ever to see him in person I would definitely have a quiet word

I suspect he is just infatuated with Kit and can’t see past it which is in itself uncomfortable when you think he was only 16 and Patrick in a position of authority over him when they met. I am not suggesting anything improper and am sure from the level of supervision and good vibes on set there never was it is more like the extreme favouritism of a teacher. He certainly relates too much to Charlie and there seems to be resentment towards Joe probably from a mix of him being so well loved and getting to both play Charlie to Kit’s Nick and live the real life gay dream of young love with Bash in front of him. In fact as I understand it the big push to get Heartstopper made came from him so he may well be a frustrated actor fan boy who saw Charlie as an extension of himself and would always have an issue with whoever took that role. And if Wiccan and Hulkling are his superhero fantasy the Marvel casting may have been the final straw

Jealousy and open favouritism are not good looks Patrick do better

by Anonymousreply 186March 29, 2023 3:43 PM

R185 I’m not disagreeing with Patrick’s bias, but I don’t agree with it being really obvious - I wouldn’t have had a clue about his preferences if I hadn’t read about it on here. And I follow him.

by Anonymousreply 187March 29, 2023 3:47 PM

It's a shame Patrick is so annoying re both the clear favouritism and kissing Alice's ass, as I do actually find him pretty attractive. He has nothing on Joe, Bash, Kit or Will to me but a pretty good looking guy all the same. Maybe outgrowing the cute twink thing and seeing Joe, one of the better looking twinks I've seen, get to make out with Bash and Kit set him off. More likely it's a personality thing to an extent, though in my (biased) opinion that's totally on him as Joe is extremely likable.

by Anonymousreply 188March 29, 2023 3:47 PM

R187 that’s a fair point; I suppose I meant more to the cast, with my thinking being if he can’t control himself on social media re hyping Kit a disproportionate amount, it’s probably fairly obvious in their real life interactions. I could be totally wrong though, and hope I am for joes sake!

by Anonymousreply 189March 29, 2023 3:54 PM

All the whoa is Joe stuff on here is getting really annoying. Joe landed Heartstopper as his first professional job without an agent. His second job is looking to be a huge part within the MCU that will keep him busy for years. He has a super hot boyfriend who adores him. Joe’s doing great.

Kit’s a very good actor who deserves all the awards he’s received. Alice and Patrick are annoying and I’m fine with people calling them out. But the Joe pity party needs to stop. He’s living the dream and everyone knows it. Most of the hate he gets is jealousy because of how fast his career has skyrocketed.

by Anonymousreply 190March 29, 2023 4:05 PM

R188 Good point the straight forward jealousy of the ageing twink towards the new generation

Patrick is hot definitely my type another reason I was always well disposed towards him he was my first Heartstopper related guy interest. It is his loss any speculated meeting would have taken quite a different direction if he had at least shown a veneer of professionalism and used his position to support all his young actors instead of being quite so obvious. Although the extreme Alice discipleship was definitely off putting in itself once her true nature became obvious

by Anonymousreply 191March 29, 2023 4:05 PM

R190 This is like a template for what is said every time someone says Joe isn't treated very well compared to Kit.

by Anonymousreply 192March 29, 2023 4:10 PM

R190 but literally the only people anyone is hating on re Joe are Alice and Patrick? Everyone has said Kit deserved the award, or if he didnt, not because Joe deserved it more but because they preferred another nominee. That’s not an issue with him; I just personally liked Top Boy better in this instance, but thought Kit deserved the Emmy.

Joe is doing great, I agree, as is Kit, but I think it’s still fair to call out things that suck for them. It does objectively suck that when a 17/18 year old was being called s queerbaiter all over social media the showrunner and writer didn’t have his back. It does suck that Joe gets shit on all over social media and there’s a clear bias against him from the producer. Again, I really don’t think there’s any issue with people saying “while Kit and Joe are doing great these things are still unfair to them”

by Anonymousreply 193March 29, 2023 4:10 PM

Can we for the love of god stop talking about Patrick and his twitter likes. I couldn't care less. More thirst posts please!

by Anonymousreply 194March 29, 2023 4:11 PM

R194 be the change you wish to see then? As someone who has posted half the thirst qs in this thread I’ll never understand bitching about not liking the conversation instead of just bringing up a new topic. I asked the kink question upthread, answer that if you’re so disinterested in Patrick

by Anonymousreply 195March 29, 2023 4:13 PM

We obviously don’t know any of them, but Patrick’s preference seems more like a subconscious thing and not something that hurts any of the others. He’s at least better than Alice and did go to Bash’s birthday.

by Anonymousreply 196March 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Kit still gaining on IG. With his win he might gain all week. Probably not enough to get him to 5 million though.

by Anonymousreply 197March 29, 2023 4:16 PM

R195 And you could just ignore my comment. Clearly, no one is stopping you from bitching about Patrick since that's been the only conversation happening the past 50+ replies. Anyways, here's Joe in his glory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 29, 2023 4:23 PM

R198 at leastwe can unite behind love of Joe's slutty waist

by Anonymousreply 199March 29, 2023 4:24 PM

I’d love his next red carpet look to really accentuate his waist, like Lycra tight would be amazing

by Anonymousreply 200March 29, 2023 4:31 PM

Bash has come up for air then, maybe he’s back in the UK, 5 weeks tomorrow his play opens, so rehearsals starting tomorrow would possibly make sense

by Anonymousreply 201March 29, 2023 4:40 PM

Bit of Kit at 2:34, the face he makes while accepting the award is funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 29, 2023 4:42 PM

Bash commented on Tobie’s post a couple of times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 29, 2023 4:43 PM

Bash is probably either bored at the airport or just home. Him and Joe both ignoring Tobie’s post for a day or more is hopefully a sign of the marathon sex session they had as a goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 204March 29, 2023 4:44 PM

Not Bash writing an annoying Kit related comment

by Anonymousreply 205March 29, 2023 4:47 PM

I need another leak photo from Agatha. Although i doubt we will get one

by Anonymousreply 206March 29, 2023 4:51 PM

R206 if I have to wait till 2025 to see more Joe in a thigh holster I’ll flip a table. Either Atlanta Filming gets more pics or Bash posts a photo of Joe wearing the costume for his personal enjoyment, I’m not picky

by Anonymousreply 207March 29, 2023 4:54 PM

R204 For what it's worth, his costar is still traveling around the Netherlands as of a few hours ago so I'd guess rehearsals aren't starting this week. I suppose he could still be in the US and it's just a break in marathon sex.

by Anonymousreply 208March 29, 2023 4:55 PM

R208 oh fair, though I suppose he actually does still need to pack and move from London to Chichester by whenever it starts. So would make some sense to arrive back today and give himself a few days to do so if rehearsals start Monday. As someone else said uothread, clearly he and Joe are good at flying under the radar in Atlanta. He could’ve been there for over a week for all we know

by Anonymousreply 209March 29, 2023 4:59 PM

The average rehearsal time for a professional play that isn’t a musical is 3-5 weeks. So he’s likely starting rehearsals soon, but it makes sense that they haven’t started yet. With such a small cast, if they’re all off book on the first day of rehearsals it shouldn’t take that long for them to learn all the blocking.

by Anonymousreply 210March 29, 2023 5:04 PM

R209 They better enjoy that sweet spot because I have a feeling once Agatha comes out, it won't be like that. I don't know if Marvel shows create huge buzz but I would assume Joe will become a lot more recognizable.

by Anonymousreply 211March 29, 2023 5:05 PM

I think he will at least more more recognised stateside, HS never really took off over there, at least not on the same scale as the UK

by Anonymousreply 212March 29, 2023 5:09 PM

He’ll be more recognized but overall ok I would say. Though if Billy is (hopefully!) well written and a breakout character he may get a LOT of attention

by Anonymousreply 213March 29, 2023 5:11 PM

R209 Oh yeah, I'm assuming if it starts Monday he's probably leaving soonish if not already. I'd guess he got there last Monday since he wasn't with Joe when he went to Six Flags

The play is rather short so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have tons of rehearsals.

by Anonymousreply 214March 29, 2023 5:12 PM

Will and Olivia got an NME feature, pretty cool. There are a couple of interesting things in this. Will’s in Ireland for 3 weeks for his movie, he’s going to go home after to hunker down and work on music, he had double the shooting days for season 2 of Heartstopper than he did for season 1, he answers a question about keeping Wasia and Heartstopper separate for now (No soundtrack feature? Or obfuscating?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 29, 2023 5:13 PM

I like Will, but double the shooting days for season 2 rings slight alarm bells... really hope that doesn't mean the other (less interesting) side stories are going to be too prominent. Hopefully it's mainly Nick/Charlie, a fair helping of Tao/Elle and then very small doses of everyone else, lol.

by Anonymousreply 216March 29, 2023 5:15 PM

R216 I would pin a lot of that to way more of S2 being ensemble scenes he's literally just there for. Most of S1 Charlie and Nick were hiding the relationship, now they're not (at least with friends). Scenes like the Paris party scene for instance are still basically totally about Nick and Charlie, but will have all the rest there as an ensemble. I think he'll have more to build out Tao/Elle but don't think that means Charlie/Nick will be reduced much

by Anonymousreply 217March 29, 2023 5:17 PM

I have an inkling that a lot of it is group stuff. Those days they were shooting outside in the rain in that random town, the days they shot outside of that uni, the Paris trip, etc.

by Anonymousreply 218March 29, 2023 5:18 PM

Bash reposted Tobie's post on IG. He must be bored. Not bored enough to like Patrick's post though.

by Anonymousreply 219March 29, 2023 5:19 PM

There's tons of scenes with everyone in groups in the comic, so I'd agree. It's probably more just lots of group filming and not a deep dive into Tao and Elle

by Anonymousreply 220March 29, 2023 5:22 PM

True, thanks all! As long as Tobie doesn't do an interview where he says he had loads of solo filming days, we're probably good.

by Anonymousreply 221March 29, 2023 5:24 PM

Some other interesting things I will read into from Will's article:

1. "Every time I enter the studio, it feels like a breath of fresh air – especially when I’m in the middle of shooting. It is like my moment of tranquility, as working on set can get so intense and often very overwhelming for me. After a certain extent of honouring other people’s creativity, it feels like a haven. " - Since I hate Alice, I choose to read this as shade to her and applaud him for it.

2. [With Heartstopper], a lot of people were looking up to me as a person, rather than the character. I’m still 19 and figuring things out, and I don’t know what all my views are yet, so it’s definitely been a shock, but I understand how to cope with it now. That’s why I’m grateful that Wasia Project is going to be blessed with a more gradual way to grow.” - It's interesting to see one of the more "minor" people (not nearly as much scrutiny as Joe, Kit, or even Bash) still talk about this insane pressure. I totally believe him that he feels it because the fanbase is insane, but I can only imagine if he and the others are feeling it the aforementioned 3 literally HAVE to avoid twitter etc to stay sane.

by Anonymousreply 222March 29, 2023 5:24 PM

R211 He'll be more recognizable, but Marvel fans are mostly adult fans that aren't into asking for pictures, stalking, and shit like that so he should be ok.

by Anonymousreply 223March 29, 2023 5:39 PM

R222 Interesting what he said about working on set being overwhelming. Seems to be the opposite for someone like Kit, who has talked about it being his favourite thing to do and how he's very chilled and at home on a set. I remember Will saying that he found filming the fight scene with Harry really stressful and overwhelming and he had to go back to his trailer for an hour and watch a romcom or something.

by Anonymousreply 224March 29, 2023 5:46 PM

R202 You weren't kidding about his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 29, 2023 5:50 PM

R224 it seems like he’s someone who either doesn’t really love acting or potentially prefers stage acting, which is all he did prior to HS. Interesting for sure

by Anonymousreply 226March 29, 2023 5:57 PM

R226 Yeah, it potentially doesn't sound like something he's gonna keep doing long term if he finds it that stressful. He might do a few bits but mainly stick to music and stage acting.

by Anonymousreply 227March 29, 2023 6:04 PM

So Bash came online commented on one post and left again, disappointing Bash, you could have at least dropped a selfie

by Anonymousreply 228March 29, 2023 6:05 PM

R228 it not being an anniversary pic of them looking slutty is a crime

by Anonymousreply 229March 29, 2023 6:07 PM

R222 I assume Will was talking about his new films more than the heartstopper set. I can't imagine that set to be that overwhelming when we have videos of Will riding on Kit's back and laughing. I do think he is probably not a fan of screen acting and prefers being lowkey. The Twitter fans are completely insane and I'm glad they are staying far away from them.

by Anonymousreply 230March 29, 2023 6:09 PM

R230 I’m sure you’re right but as I said, anything I CAN take as Alice slander I WILL take as Alice slander

by Anonymousreply 231March 29, 2023 6:13 PM

R190 I respectfully refer you to R110 Not one person is in a Joe pity fest or whining about his suffering he is doing great but we are entitled to be pissed at way he is treated and the homophobia that underlies it which we have all experienced in our own lives. Separate the two and don’t bring the same basic argument up repeatedly to shut down what you don’t want to hear and get defensive over imaginary insults to Kit. Pointing out the fans are shitty to Joe and treat Kit like a god is not attacking Kit it’s pointing out the fans are homophobic assholes. Even when Joe’s mantelpiece is breaking under his mountain of Oscars and he has a houseful of hot daddies pandering to his every whim I will still get pissed at the homophobic shit and toxic fans he has to deal with not because it is damaging his life but because it sucks and should be named for what it is

R209 As it is largely a two person play it is likely the minor characters will not have the same rehearsal schedule as the leads and may well start later. I also doubt he will be moving to Chichester rehearsals will almost certainly be in London where people are based until near opening and it’s a very easy commute time although he will probably stay in Chichester for most of the time during the actual run

by Anonymousreply 232March 29, 2023 6:44 PM

Tobie replied to Bash (“bby the face card never declines 💅🏽 🤣”)

by Anonymousreply 233March 29, 2023 6:57 PM

R225 that’s really cute. Honestly for as mature as the whole cast seems to be I also do enjoy the moments where it’s clear just how young they are and how mental this whole experience is

by Anonymousreply 234March 29, 2023 7:17 PM

As the person who called Joe-erasure (jokingly!!) on Tobie’s post I find all this interaction (including Tobie’s response) highly suspicious… reassessing identity of lurker. Or maybe it’s more than one member of the cast. Feeling a bit awkward about some of the ways I’ve objectified Joe on here….

by Anonymousreply 235March 29, 2023 8:24 PM

R235 as much as I’d love there to be a lurker (and if there is I suspect it’s Bradley) I think it’s more likely that bash is scrolling through several days of old content now that he and Joe are apart. Joe went over a day without liking Tobie’s post and then did relatively late yesterday, bash just got around with it today. They were busy having an inspiring amount of goodbye and anniversary sex when the pic first dropped

by Anonymousreply 236March 29, 2023 8:34 PM

I can guarantee you he will much prefer anything on here over the shit he got on Twitter if he does see it

by Anonymousreply 237March 29, 2023 8:35 PM

R237 agreed and in fact I hope they’ve all seen how inspiring we find Will’s slutty shoulder pic, Kit’s gym photos, Bash’s arm gains, and literally everything about Joe. For Joe especially after being ripped apart on Twitter I’d like him to know that a demographic of gay man think he’s fuckable and gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 238March 29, 2023 8:46 PM

R236 the lurker stuff is a joke. Maybe one I should retire? It’s been a joke that Kit lurks here - based on a highly sensitive type who used to come here to yell that DL wasn’t a closed forum when ofc the cast saw stuff from on here. Which I doubt. Bash is obviously just scrolling having finally come up for air from eating Joe’s beautiful arse for a week

by Anonymousreply 239March 29, 2023 8:46 PM

R239 ah apologies - I go through spots of not being on DL for weeks and then being very active for a few days based around work schedules so I missed that. But would absolutely love all of them to see how hot we think they all are. And yes, agreed that bash’s hand, dick, or tongue were probably in close to constant contact with Joe’s ass as they should be

by Anonymousreply 240March 29, 2023 8:50 PM

R240 only hint that someone really does check here (it’s probably PR let’s face it) was when ACGG+ got added to Kit’s CV after a DLer noticed it was missing and we speculated it was because the film was too shit to get release (laughable considering Kit’s popularity). Apart from that it was mainly about if Kit and Maia were together based on his Instagram likes - a couple of times he liked something straight after it was mentioned here he hadn’t. Which ofc is not an indication of anything but Kit is the Lurker was a fun bit

by Anonymousreply 241March 29, 2023 8:55 PM

Speaking of, Netflix is still on his CV for Cuban Girl. I look forward to the tweet from the author announcing it, though wouldn't be surprised if she hears it from the press

by Anonymousreply 242March 29, 2023 8:59 PM

R242

ill just laugh when its announce its for netflix. like girl you really thought you knew better

by Anonymousreply 243March 29, 2023 9:09 PM

It would have been fine if she had just been confused, but she was so condescending and wrong when denying it that it's hilarious that her call for a "correction" led to nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Bash just followed two of his costars for the play on IG, so guessing he’s definitely back and starting rehearsals soon

by Anonymousreply 245March 29, 2023 9:25 PM

R244 she was probably DMing some member of the crew she met on her one set visit to take it down

by Anonymousreply 246March 29, 2023 9:28 PM

Kit still liking and commenting on posts about his win without posting about it on his own account…Kit, if you’re lurking, why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 29, 2023 9:29 PM

okay so it might just be a random social media manager but do you guys think this might be something. are they associated with WB by chance? im not sure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 29, 2023 9:30 PM

R248 Kit got a sponsored trip to Universal Studios last year (LA trip with his mates) so might have something in the works but could also just be a holdover from that

by Anonymousreply 249March 29, 2023 9:31 PM

R248 I saw that earlier! The post they commented on is a carousel of different winners, not just Kit. They distribute Dodger, one of the other winners.

by Anonymousreply 250March 29, 2023 9:32 PM

R250

oh okay i thought it was specific to Kit, the op didn’t specify it was part of a carousel

by Anonymousreply 251March 29, 2023 9:36 PM

I gotta say I dismissed the Kit is modest shit always. Particularly this week after that thirsty video (he really is untouchable, many male stars would have been read for filth doing that). BUT before the three super sensitive types come for me, I might stand corrected on this. He’s being very humble about this win. It’s nice. It would be so easy for a man who is so beloved and hyped to let it go to his head. I would be a monster if I was in Kit’s situation.

by Anonymousreply 252March 29, 2023 10:06 PM

I could see him being a big modest since he's the only actor in the show (minus Olivia who doesn't need HS) who has gotten acting wins. Must feel a bit weird. Especially this one where they didn't even bother to nominate Joe or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 253March 29, 2023 10:09 PM

I don't think he's the most modest and humble person on Earth, he has to be aware he's hot shit on some level, but I think he's pretty grounded. He's generally low-key about the awards he's won, he's been humble about his nominations (and was open about not thinking he was going to win NTA), he's pretty good at being self-reflective judging by how he critiques his own acting, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 254March 29, 2023 10:12 PM

I do like how this thread can't decide if he's too modest or a self absorbed teenager.

by Anonymousreply 255March 29, 2023 10:14 PM

R254 honestly I think he’s also playing it smart by being low key about these. Not saying it’s a strategy or that it’s not genuine, I think he just doesn’t see the need to post about it and fair play to him. but his insanely hyped fanbase spreads all news of him rapidly and he’s hyped enough to be used in trades etc (Variety naming him and Kate Winslet specifically for example). He gets the award name to put on his CV and for casting agents, his rabid fans make sure everyone knows about everything he is ever nominated for or wins anyway, and he gets to look modest and not over saturated or exhausting

by Anonymousreply 256March 29, 2023 10:15 PM

R255 both is possible! I think you can be humble about what you think you deserve, your performance, etc (which I think he is) and also wrapped up in your own problems and feeling like you uniquely suffer in some ways (which I think he does). I think he’s very modest about his acting abilities, but I think he’s self centered (not in a malicious or rude way, more a natural teenage way) in only ever discussing being thought of as straight because he’s masc as the only important queer issue. Still think he seems like s genuine lovely person but I don’t think it’s one or the other

by Anonymousreply 257March 29, 2023 10:17 PM

R257 Not going to lie, I don't really see that as being a sign of self-centeredness as much as it is Kit sticking to what he knows and has experienced first-hand. Similarly to how Yaz only talks about trans issues.

by Anonymousreply 258March 29, 2023 10:23 PM

R255 He can be both though probably without the dramatic extremes. He seems genuinely down to Earth and grounded but clearly has a healthy view of his own looks and enjoys the attention it brings. He finds accepting compliments and public speaking uncomfortable and he seems sweet enough but hasn’t shown much evidence of empathy beyond his immediate circle and experiences. None of these observations are criticisms he is just human and a teenager at that with the usual range of complexities and contradictions

by Anonymousreply 259March 29, 2023 10:23 PM

R255 I don’t get that impression at all. Seems to be a lot of love for Kit. I think one person mentioned that it’s possible Kit didn’t thank Joe because he’s a bit of a teenager and didn’t really think that through.

I’m onboard with R258 here. I wouldn’t really want Kit talking about the gay experience. Throwing to Joe a bit more would be nice but as has been pointed out before, they shouldn’t have to do the interviewers jobs for them

by Anonymousreply 260March 29, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote]I think he’s self centered (not in a malicious or rude way, more a natural teenage way) in only ever discussing being thought of as straight because he’s masc as [bold]the only important queer issue[/bold]

YMMV I guess, but I don’t think Kit’s ever even implied that’s the case. Like R258 essentially said, it’s mainly been him talking about issues based on his own situation. Also agree with R260, there are gay men in the cast that can talk to the experience of gay men, and have done so well (Joe’s comments in British GQ come to mind).

by Anonymousreply 261March 29, 2023 10:31 PM

It does make me wonder if Kit is really very disarming in person or if interviewers are in the throes of the zeitgeist and are just charmed by him / feeding the internet. Personally, I’d love to meet Joe because he seems so cheeky and flirty (and I would love that directed my way - preferably while he’s naked) but the way Kit dominates interviews I do wonder if in person (professionally) Joe is just too reserved and Kit really is a charmer

by Anonymousreply 262March 29, 2023 10:33 PM

R262 I get the vibe that they're both super charming, but Kit is more charming and comfortable in interviews and Joe is more charming and comfortable with public speaking.

by Anonymousreply 263March 29, 2023 10:36 PM

R262 I think it's more just that Kit is the bigger star, is more popular, his HS scenes are more mainstream, he worked with bigger stars, and what he's said/done has made the news so the people doing the interviews are going to follow up on that constantly

That's why I liked more solo interviews so Joe gets more focus.

by Anonymousreply 264March 29, 2023 10:38 PM

R262 I don’t think you can read anything either way even if Kit was the worst prima donna on earth and an obnoxious brat with it they would still be pushing him at every opportunity for the engagement and clicks it is after all what their jobs depend on

by Anonymousreply 265March 29, 2023 10:38 PM

I’d say more the latter r262, not because I think Kit isn’t charming (I think he’s exceedingly so, to the point where I find him quite attractive though he’s not even close to my normal type) but because interviewers are generally trained to draw out more reserved introverted actors if they want to. The heavy balance on Kit in interviews suggests to me that they know what sells and for now it’s kit and Joe together or kit alone. I do agree with others Kit may feel a bit more at ease in interviews too but especially in ones where there are clearly edits and cuts (like a 5 min video when they were likely answering questions for 15 or more), if they wanted to make them more “even” I’m sure they could. I do find both of them likable in interviews even if I wish I got to hear Joe talk more and I wish they’d stop asking him about Kit’s scenes

by Anonymousreply 266March 29, 2023 10:46 PM

R263 tbf there is that photo of Joe at the GQ Afterparty clearly holding court so he must be an interesting man in person. I know he was man of the hour but it really did look like he was very comfortable speaking in that environment. I think he’s really reserved in interviews about anything personal at all which probably holds him back a bit. I literally know three things about his personal life, his Mum’s a teacher, he has a half sister who is more than 10 yrs younger - and I think that was a bit of a slip up early on, and he dates Bash - which is based on old instagram content and like two gossip pieces

R265 fair point. I’m so glad he’s not. I think the #1 indication he’s very sweet is that Joe likes him. If he was a dick I’m sure Joe would find it much harder to cope with the uneven level of praise

by Anonymousreply 267March 29, 2023 10:47 PM

R266 Seriously nothing worse than them asking Joe about scenes he's not even in all the time.

by Anonymousreply 268March 29, 2023 10:48 PM

R261 I mean I was mildly exaggerating for affect, but I do think words like selfish and self centered get a bad rap for no reason. Kit is self centered in some ways, as are Joe, Bash, all the cast. They’re all really lovely but I don’t think they need to be the most perfect flawless teenagers of all time, little hints of understandable immaturity or self centeredness are bound to pop up. I’m sure with a little thought I could list examples of all the rest of the cast being similar. They’re all still very nice, definitely no Alices among them

by Anonymousreply 269March 29, 2023 10:53 PM

R268 at least Kit has started talking about a Joe scene (Charlie and Tori at the drums) as his favourite (for awhile he said it was the clearest blue kiss scene). Also respect that Kit seems to have realised that teasing Joe gets amplified by his crazy fans and he doesn’t talk about his coffee breath or thumbs anymore. That all seemed to be filmed before the show took off so I don’t expect he had any idea it would become so talked about

I might be in the minority here but I like Joe’s hands a lot and would like to see the photos Bash has of Joe with them wrapped around his own dick (or his - not too fussy)

by Anonymousreply 270March 29, 2023 10:57 PM

R270 yeah I feel bad for both Joe and Kit with those jokes. Joe is at this point clearly frustrated with them which he wasn’t initially when Kit, his actual friend, made them, and Kit has fully stopped referencing them probably because he didn’t realize him jokingly picking on his mate would still be nonstop commentary a year later. While I do enjoy their sincere interviews a lot, I would also guess fan inability to let a joke die will restrict a lot of the banter that came more naturally to them S1. If only one aspect of that can remain I sincerely hope it’s Kit very subtly teasing Joe about Bash

by Anonymousreply 271March 29, 2023 11:00 PM

R267 I feel like that’s the main issue. Joe doesn’t want to talk about his private life and knows everything he says in an interview will be repeated a thousand times. He’ll only talk about the character/job in solo interviews. And in joint interviews Joe defers to Kit a lot.

Becoming so famous so fast effected the entire cast, but especially Joe. Kit had 10 years of acting experience and practice talking to reporters without actually saying anything before Heartstopper blew up. I’m sure Joe will have a few talking points for s2 promo and give a little more about himself away. But I also think we’ll still have the same questions over and over mainly because those are the only questions he wants to answer.

I really like Joe and he seems very fun in casual setting. He’s well loved by all his costars. He’s just still figuring out how to have a very public job while still maintaining a private life.

by Anonymousreply 272March 29, 2023 11:05 PM

Does Kit really talk about his personal life at all though?

by Anonymousreply 273March 29, 2023 11:11 PM

R273 not really, he’s just more experienced at answering interview questions in a genuine way without talking about anything personal. He did all the s1 promotion while still in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 274March 29, 2023 11:15 PM

R273 he’s been talking about his sexuality since before he came out. I guess it depends on what you consider personal life. I don’t think my sexuality counts as particularly personal but you can pick me from the other side of a room - I couldn’t believably act straight if I tried. Which (as is so endlessly discussed) is not the case for Kit

by Anonymousreply 275March 29, 2023 11:16 PM

Joe's good at deflecting in interviews. That GQ interview where he got asked about if HS changed how he falls in love IRL and somehow deflected to Alice being old as shit was great.

by Anonymousreply 276March 29, 2023 11:21 PM

R273 No that is sort of the point he has grown up with it and is adept at surface level chat where he gives nothing away. Joe has said before he is an over thinker I guess he just shuts down out of fear of giving something away or saying the wrong thing. They all have that to a certain extent Kit mentioned it after the twitter witch hunts but I think it would take a skilled interviewer one on one and giving him final veto to get any kind of in depth interview from Joe now

You can tell that isn’t Joes natural persona by how popular he is with the people he knows and how at ease he seems mixing in social settings where he doesn’t feel like everything he says is going to be scrutinised and torn apart by the mob

by Anonymousreply 277March 29, 2023 11:22 PM

R276 it’s funny because once he learns how to seem like he’s sharing without actually sharing, he’ll be a PR dream. He basically got asked about his boyfriend 5 times in a row and somehow talked about his own life 0 times while making it sound really natural, he’s very naturally dodged even Kit’s efforts to make him crack re Bash in interviews. Very excited to see him on the Agatha press tour

by Anonymousreply 278March 29, 2023 11:24 PM

R278 I’m really hopeful that in the Marvel press stuff he can be a bit more himself because he’s a bit older and less actually like the character (obviously without giving anything away). If he has good chat with whoever Hulkling is and they are both openly out it could be quite gay. I mean the Avengers press was some of the gayest shit I’ve ever seen and not a one is confirmed anything other than hetero. Literally never heard men talk about other men’s arses as much as that lot

by Anonymousreply 279March 29, 2023 11:32 PM

R279 Really? Have I been missing out on something? I am always up for gratuitous arse talk

I absolutely cannot wait to see Joe in his Wiccan costume if Bash has snuck a preview picture that is the lucky fucker’s wank material sorted until he can get his hands on the real thing again

by Anonymousreply 280March 29, 2023 11:40 PM

R280 I know it’s a dead horse at this point but Bash is so selfish. Not even a single photo of Joe anything other than fully dressed has been shared. Not very community minded

by Anonymousreply 281March 30, 2023 12:16 AM

R281 or really ANY joe content. At least Maia gave us flattering photos of Kit, including a shirtless one he posted himself. Bash isn’t even giving us a picture of Joe on the couch watching tv.

by Anonymousreply 282March 30, 2023 12:28 AM

R280 If Bash tried to sneak a picture Marvel would have him deported immediately.

by Anonymousreply 283March 30, 2023 12:29 AM

R283 I believe in him and his religious devotion to Joe’s arse

by Anonymousreply 284March 30, 2023 12:30 AM

I know the stuff about Bash sneaking a picture of Joe’s Wiccan costume is a joke, but is anyone else not fully expecting the Wiccan costume reveal to be in Agatha? For some reason I think it’s either going to be a post-credit scene reveal or not revealed at all.

by Anonymousreply 285March 30, 2023 12:38 AM

R285

I really do not expect the costume at all. If anything maybe the last episode they would use it but i really doubt we would get it early

by Anonymousreply 286March 30, 2023 12:40 AM

R285 I think no chance of the reveal. I can see them doing a nod or homage to it though, him swapping out the navy hoodie for a red one and having tight leather pants and the boots or something in the last episode

by Anonymousreply 287March 30, 2023 12:46 AM

R285 I am far from expert but have been trying to get up to speed on Marvel by watching bits and doing some background reading and my impression is it would likely be last scenes or post credit. I get the impression he is not going to play out the series as Wiccan or even know who he is it will be more his backstory with a big reveal ending

by Anonymousreply 288March 30, 2023 12:48 AM

R285 He won't be Wiccan for awhile. He'll probably just have the similar costume, like in the Halloween episode of WandaVision. Or a blue hoodie or shirt with red scarf, etc.

Wiccan's name is As(s)gardian to start with, but gets told he can't have that name since he's gay. Though that joke is 15 years old, so not sure they'll actually do that.

by Anonymousreply 289March 30, 2023 12:56 AM

Random but I thought this was hilarious. They're all staring at Nick and Charlie kissing while Joe is looking down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 30, 2023 1:16 AM

A TikTok from a fan that met Patrick at that panel popped up on my FYP (username is nickandcharliesaidhi), Patrick told them that they’re “nearly finished” with S2, they’re still editing it, and that they’re looking at expanding Tori’s storyline for S3.

by Anonymousreply 291March 30, 2023 1:21 AM

R290 if you watch the video it’s even funnier. Joe determinedly looking down while bash smiles huge at the screen

by Anonymousreply 292March 30, 2023 1:21 AM

R291 oh cool, thanks. Between that and the urgent call for VFX people above it sounds like they are pushing to get it out in time for Emmy eligibility

by Anonymousreply 293March 30, 2023 1:22 AM

R290 they’ve done that to them so many times. The one where they were on the Pride special is the funniest (not UK based so I’m not sure who the comedian who hosted it is). they played it and then Kit looks at Joe (I would say fondly but I realise that may trigger some PTSD on here) and Joe is looking basically anywhere other than Kit. They were asked how uncomfortable it was for like the 1000th time. I used to think they were asked that so much because its a bit of titillating because they are boys but I saw a Stranger Things interview recently they do the same thing to those kids (in my defence it played through after a Kit Joe thing)

by Anonymousreply 294March 30, 2023 1:24 AM

R292 no doubt thinking about exactly what those lips of Joe’s can do

by Anonymousreply 295March 30, 2023 1:25 AM

R292 Bash is so into the Nick and Charlie kisses that sometimes I wonder about those dinner parties.

by Anonymousreply 296March 30, 2023 1:31 AM

R296 We have all wondered about those dinner parties Bash certainly seems to love watching other guys kissing Joe

by Anonymousreply 297March 30, 2023 1:35 AM

R297 Found a Bash kink

by Anonymousreply 298March 30, 2023 1:36 AM

Who wouldn’t want to watch joes lips doing literally anything. If bash doesn’t have 500 pov videos of Joe giving him head he’s a fool

by Anonymousreply 299March 30, 2023 1:37 AM

R296 I can't tell if Bash loving Nick and Charlie kisses is for real or overcompensating. Though not like the kisses were exactly romantic to film and they did turn out very well.

by Anonymousreply 300March 30, 2023 1:40 AM

R299 based on level of obsession with Joe I would say Bash is no fool

by Anonymousreply 301March 30, 2023 1:45 AM

R300 not to be too cheesy but I do think it’s really sincere. He’s talked a lot about being bullied extensively at school, including a groupchat to shit on him and call him gay. I think seeing teenage gay joy on TV actually means a lot to him

by Anonymousreply 302March 30, 2023 1:46 AM

R302 when did he say that? I must have missed that interview.

by Anonymousreply 303March 30, 2023 1:48 AM

R303 in the Gaby Roslin podcast. If you haven’t listened it’s worth it, in particular because Joe’s grandfather emailed Gaby to tell her bash is really lovely and nothing like Ben, and bash sounds like he’s about to have s heart attack when Gaby says this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 30, 2023 1:51 AM

R302 mate, that’s really cheesy - but I respect your view. I’m going with Bash likes to see Joe kiss other men. I’d love to say he’d be into watching more but even as a joke that’s a hard sell - they don’t seem like the sort of couple who would get off with other people together. Too down with each other

by Anonymousreply 305March 30, 2023 1:52 AM

R262 I think Kit has a charm and confidence that comes from years of being on screen. There's this guy on Youtube that did a video on Joe and Kit's body language and communication style. Apparently, he's an expert in communication. Anyways, in the video, he said that Kit seemed to have a 'natural way' in the way he communicates and had leadership abilities. I think it's true (as Will said at the Emmys). Also, he said Joe is an amazing listener and he seemed like a cheeky person who likes to cause trouble which I agree 100%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 30, 2023 1:53 AM

R300 I am as sure as I can be it is real he is so consistently enthusiastic about the whole project, Nick and Charlie’s story and loving the kiss scenes in particular the only question is whether it is entirely altruistic or if there is a bit of kink going on there. But then again he knows Kit isn’t a threat and as long as he isn’t of a jealous nature generally which he really doesn’t seem to be just imagine how good it must feel watching those scenes knowing exactly what that gorgeous mouth feels like

by Anonymousreply 307March 30, 2023 1:55 AM

R305 why not both!

by Anonymousreply 308March 30, 2023 1:57 AM

R304 Joe's grandpa is funny. But seriously, that's very sweet of him. I'm pretty sure that's the same interview where he said his dad called him a little shit and his parents told him not to be mean to Charlie (Joe).

by Anonymousreply 309March 30, 2023 1:58 AM

R306

[quote] Joe is an amazing listener

those listening skills sustain JoeKit shippers

by Anonymousreply 310March 30, 2023 2:01 AM

R310 right? Those big doe eyes looking up at Kit (exactly the same way he looks at everyone) sure does set the TikTok children a flutter

R308 both as in it’s both for sincere reasons, and Bash likes to see Joe kiss other men? Or Bash likes to see Joe both kiss and fuck other men?

by Anonymousreply 311March 30, 2023 2:22 AM

R311 as hot as the latter would be, sadly I mean the former. To quote one of the most accurate comments ever written on DL, they are too “pathetically obsessed” with one another to invite a third. Let’s be real Connor J would’ve been up for it and yet it seemingly never happened.

by Anonymousreply 312March 30, 2023 2:27 AM

R312 As a community we can live in hope that one day they will invite a lucky guy in for some fun but I agree realistically it won’t be any time soon. But luckily due to their line of work Bash can still enjoy guys kissing Joe without the need for a third in their bedroom

by Anonymousreply 313March 30, 2023 2:33 AM

R312 I agree. Such a pity. not necessarily with Connor though - he’s cute but recently a certain bisexual gym rat has become my preference for a JoeBash third (as of Monday)

by Anonymousreply 314March 30, 2023 2:34 AM

R314 A nice dream, but unless you want public side bro hugs, zero public thirst comments and room for Jesus in pictures, it's best Kit stay out of their bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 315March 30, 2023 2:37 AM

R315 'Room for Jesus in pictures' that made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 316March 30, 2023 2:47 AM

There's another heartstopper thread going on and some people are starting the same queerbaiting bullshit and I forgot how brutal they were. I know Kit won't read these comments but they are really nasty for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 317March 30, 2023 4:13 AM

R317 on DL of all things, ignore it. Sorry, I do genuienly feel for Kit and think the queerbaiting shit was hurtful and stupid from the get go but especially ridiculous post coming out. But as a Joe stan who sees him get called hideous ugly deformed every single day on Twitter, acknowledging trolls at all much less dwelling on them is pointless and idk what people in this thread are meant to do about it. Every more so on DL where unless Kit is a narcissistic self searcher (highly doubt) he’s not reading shit on here. If he does, hi Kit, you’re hot as Fuck and you and will, bash, and Joe should post a shirtless hello to your DL pals

by Anonymousreply 318March 30, 2023 4:19 AM

How is there another thread? This one is barely tolerated. Can you post the link R317

by Anonymousreply 319March 30, 2023 4:24 AM

R319 Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 30, 2023 4:38 AM

[quote] Give him some space. Kit Connor is just beginning to navigate the complex intersection between two opposing identities--bisexuality and gingerness.

Funny though. That thread is pretty tame by DL standards

by Anonymousreply 321March 30, 2023 4:40 AM

Ah, don’t worry about that. That’s just a pretty standard DL thread where someone posts that someone is hot and 30 bitter cunts have to pop up and say they’re not. If Kit was gay they’d just lean more into the doughboy angle.

by Anonymousreply 322March 30, 2023 4:40 AM

R318 second your call. If Joe, Kit, Bash or Will has actually googled themselves and ended up here… send nudes, thanks

by Anonymousreply 323March 30, 2023 4:58 AM

The desperation in that other thread to be negative about Kit is funny knowing both how increasingly gay Kit’s been with time and how he’s been working on his body for years. They also don’t seem to know what enhanced results actually look like, he doesn’t have the acne or the unnatural shape you get with steroids.

by Anonymousreply 324March 30, 2023 6:54 AM

He’s had to go through the puffy bulking up phase, not to mention finishing puberty and having the metabolism of a 19 year old. He’s also been going to the gym twice a day for two years. I mean HS was filmed two years ago when he had just turned 17. I guess this is the flip side of being adored, a small group of people want to pull you down

by Anonymousreply 325March 30, 2023 7:15 AM

‘He’s also been going to the gym twice a day for two years…’ Where’s this information come from? Twice a day gym would be truly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 326March 30, 2023 7:43 AM

R326 Hmmm - an article. Which sounds a lot like I made up bullshit. I can’t find it so maybe I did…

by Anonymousreply 327March 30, 2023 8:36 AM

It always impresses me how good DL is at predicting things. Based on Bash following his co stars for his play rehearsals are definitely imminent, and we speculated he would take a trip last minute before rehearsals to see Joe for their anniversary. I’m either really impressed or maybe I should be slightly scared

by Anonymousreply 328March 30, 2023 9:14 AM

R327 Haha, I kinda hope you did cos that would be a gym obsession too far for me. I feel like I’ve read all the interviews he’s done and I don’t remember reading that, but I guess I could’ve missed one…

by Anonymousreply 329March 30, 2023 9:25 AM

R327 I think, though I could be making this up, he mentioned offhandedly in an interview once that he started to really enjoy the gym after being cast and either he or Joe said he occasionally went twice in a day. I wouldn’t be surprised if an article took that out of context and turned it into “regular habit of twice a day gym” for no real reason.

R328 Joe and Bash being down horrific is one of the most predictable things in the world

by Anonymousreply 330March 30, 2023 9:41 AM

He says he goes for 2 hours 5-6 days a week in the Vanity Fair interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331March 30, 2023 12:06 PM

R331 good find. I will say I do still think the cast is way more realistic than the mid twenties CW cookie cutter Abercrombie model actors normally cast for high school shows, and they definitely were even more so in S1 (Kit’s relative baby face, Joe’s occasional spots and Will’s acne). Even now, I think they’re “realistic” in the sense that a lot of them would be very good looking within their schools but not in a way that stretches beyond belief. That said it’ll be funny if they trot out the same lines for S2 interviews about how great HS is because it shows realistic images of what people look like and doesn’t make teenagers feel bad about how they look after Kit’s gym routine and an admission that he spends 2 hours a day there drops

by Anonymousreply 332March 30, 2023 12:25 PM

R332 Kit looks like the typical rugby lad. I've seen high schoolers look exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 333March 30, 2023 12:50 PM

R333 it’s not an attack on Kit, I provided the caveat that he was still realistic literally in the comment and yet! I suppose I need to lead with it for it to be clear or something.

by Anonymousreply 334March 30, 2023 12:52 PM

Joe is truly one of the nicest fucking people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 30, 2023 1:10 PM

A good reminder that the only people keeping score and viewing this as a tit-for-tat thing are the fans, to Joe it's one of his best friends winning an award. Congrats to Kit for getting a drawn heart, an upgrade from the emojis.

by Anonymousreply 336March 30, 2023 1:13 PM

Given how much Joe hypes literally everyone in the cast and crew (posts every casting, award nom, award win, photoshoot) whenever the next thing he is involved with drops, they all better hype the shit out of it. Bash and Kit already do but Alice, Patrick, etc - get the fuck on it.

by Anonymousreply 337March 30, 2023 1:14 PM

R336 I get your point but no one was shitting on kit in this entire thread or saying Joe deserved an award over him. Joe fans can want to see Joe get more hype and recognition while also being happy for Kit, finding him deserving, and knowing they are friends.

by Anonymousreply 338March 30, 2023 1:15 PM

R338 I'm not talking about the award itself, just the social media activity.

by Anonymousreply 339March 30, 2023 1:16 PM

R339 honestly aside from this thread I mostly stay off social media because the Twitter fans are unhinged. I think this thread has been very fair about it, but I fully believe Twitter has insane stans on both sides who take everything good that happens to one as a personal attack in the other

by Anonymousreply 340March 30, 2023 1:18 PM

R336 The heart was the first thing I noticed. Kit better appreciate the effort.

by Anonymousreply 341March 30, 2023 1:20 PM

R337 Unpopular opinion but I don't think Joe cares about that. He genuinely wants to hype his friends because that's what he wants to do. You know when he is genuine and when he doesn't care (ex: when he reposted Alice's bafta nomination and he didn't add a heart or say anything). I'm sure they are all supportive offline.

by Anonymousreply 342March 30, 2023 1:24 PM

R338 Seriously. We don't gotta be reminded every day that Joe is nice and Kit is his friend every time someone suggests maybe Joe not be treated like shit.

by Anonymousreply 343March 30, 2023 1:25 PM

R342 I don’t think that’s unpopular! It’s definitely true and one of the things I like best about Joe, he’s genuinely happy for and uncompetitive with his friends. As I said Bash and Kit are great with Joe anyway, I mostly mean Alice and Patrick as the people I mentioned because I genuinely cannot stand them

by Anonymousreply 344March 30, 2023 1:32 PM

Alice doesn’t need anyone else, she’ll always have Connor! Anyway, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 345March 30, 2023 1:38 PM

R328 DL needs to predict how often Joe will see the play now. Though could be limited due to filming. He'll at least make the closing date and probably bring his mom to a date.

Anyway, you can tell Bash is gone and Joe's back to working and waking up normally since he always uses IG first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 346March 30, 2023 1:58 PM

R346 there’s one showing where Bash and Eileen and Richard (unsure of the rest of the cast) are speaking and answering questions after, I think a week before closing. Would guess Joe will go to that if he can

by Anonymousreply 347March 30, 2023 2:01 PM

R346 My guess for now is a couple of times at the very end of the run. It'll depend on how long he's needed for Agatha and if season 2 does end up being released at the end of May and he has press obligations for it.

by Anonymousreply 348March 30, 2023 2:04 PM

The script is easy to find online. I recently read it and it’s very good. Leo is an interesting character. I’m sure Bash will give a great performance. And I predict Joe will see it a minimum of three times, but probably not more than five times.

by Anonymousreply 349March 30, 2023 2:06 PM

R348 I don't know how much he'll have to do, but makes he feel there's no way they can release it in May unless he gets home very early in May. I'm assuming they'll want to have a big roll out with interviews, photo shoots/covers and other things.

by Anonymousreply 350March 30, 2023 2:14 PM

New page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 30, 2023 2:14 PM

R351 I hate how the Patreon is starting to sound like an after-school special. No one talks like this in real life. Hoping on screen it can translate better with Joe and Kit's acting.

by Anonymousreply 352March 30, 2023 2:18 PM

R351 I’m so confused as to what exactly they did now. I presumed good old fashioned fucking but that sounds like they exchanged handjobs or something. Oh alice

by Anonymousreply 353March 30, 2023 2:21 PM

The only thing I give her credit for is not going straight into anal, though I am a bit confused that they only gave each other hand jobs and Charlie didn't take off his shirt, so unsure why they had to wait for ages.

R352 Kinda enjoy them talking to each other in very vague ways since she doesn't want to write it out.

by Anonymousreply 354March 30, 2023 2:22 PM

R352 I presume if nothing else the intimacy coordinator will help with the body language. Right after fucking in the afterglow, Charlie will not be sitting up and a bit away from Nick unless he didn’t have a great time. Straddling him maybe

by Anonymousreply 355March 30, 2023 2:23 PM

R353 Nick asked Charlie if it counted as sex if it was just touching or if it’s third base, so handjobs.

by Anonymousreply 356March 30, 2023 2:25 PM

R353 It was just hand jobs since Alice must've read that sex is not just penetrative since Nick and Charlie are now teaching fans that lots of things can be sex.

R335 She had the right idea with Nick laying on Charlie, but yeah the body language is all wrong now. I'm sure it'll be great in the show (if they get to this part).

by Anonymousreply 357March 30, 2023 2:27 PM

The body language is wrong, but I’ll take it if it means we get Kit’s chest and abs in high dimension when Nick sits up.

by Anonymousreply 358March 30, 2023 2:30 PM

I’m heartbroken and haunted that we won’t see Joe shirtles

by Anonymousreply 359March 30, 2023 2:33 PM

R359 Someone posted a page in the last thread that had Charlie shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 360March 30, 2023 2:34 PM

I'm a sick bastard so I'll enjoy that scene, though would be nice to have a shirtless scene where Charlie is not looking into the mirror and hating himself

by Anonymousreply 361March 30, 2023 2:38 PM

No one in the history of the fucking world has ever had that conversation except in a virgins fan fiction. And you are right the body language is ridiculous. It is like a badly produced sex ed piece by gcse drama students and even then they would be cringing at how unrealistic it was. The cutesy awkward teen romance was fine this is just supporting the narrative asexuals cannot write sexual intimacy

Eighteen months just to touch each other’s dicks and her depiction of afterglow is sitting politely with, as a previous poster put it, plenty of room for Jesus and having an abstract discussion about the definition of sex

Everything rests on Joe, Kit and the intimacy coordinator wrestling this train wreck from her control

by Anonymousreply 362March 30, 2023 2:42 PM

Hot Loewe guys birthday today... And (I assume) he's still in London...

by Anonymousreply 363March 30, 2023 3:05 PM

That's the one criticism I had with the show is how every moment of intimacy was calculated. I understand they have to be choreographed and Joe and Kit brought their natural chemistry to make it look more natural but still, they should let them touch each other more organically (mainly just a neck rob or shoulder rob, etc). Especially after their first time, there's no way Charlie would be sitting like this. They would cuddle for hours. Alice should take some notes from Young Royals. Or better yet ask gay men!

by Anonymousreply 364March 30, 2023 3:06 PM

R364 She could ask Joe and Bash

But seriously with an ego like hers and the way she reacts to the slightest suggestion she is not best equipped to write about the sec lives of gay men can you see her ever asking input on anything

by Anonymousreply 365March 30, 2023 3:10 PM

R365 I can only imagine the way she’d slutshame them if they offered an opinion, Kit as well. She’d accuse them of anti asexual bias for giving her suggestions and say that not some people actually value romance and not all teen boys are as horny or something, given she looks down on BL and a lot of other gay media

by Anonymousreply 366March 30, 2023 3:18 PM

The only good part of this will be Joe having to give interviews about how it's great and realistic to wait a year and a half for a handjob

by Anonymousreply 367March 30, 2023 3:19 PM

R364 Interesting, I didn't really get overly calculated vibes and thought the moments of intimacy were handled pretty well, especially with them looking more natural as the characters got closer, but I should probably rewatch the show. I really do think for as much as Alice sucks, David Thackeray is good at his job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 30, 2023 3:20 PM

R368 Calculated was probably not the right word. They were very careful with the way they touched each other in s1 which makes sense in a way. I'm curious about how they'll be in season 2 and if we'll see more casual moments of intimacy. Did the intimacy coordinator win a prize? I feel like he and Euros should win one over Alice's writing.

by Anonymousreply 369March 30, 2023 3:31 PM

R369 Everyone involved in the production should win awards over Alice’s writing as they were the ones who collectively carried it even the worst of the arse clenching cringey bits. Except the “why are we like this” Joe and Kit did their best but no actor in history could do much to save those lines

by Anonymousreply 370March 30, 2023 3:39 PM

R369 I might be talking out of my ass, but I think intimacy coordinators are a recent enough phenomenon that there aren't any awards recognizing them yet. Absolute bullshit that Euros hasn't been recognized more, though. The Emmy snub was particularly egregious, especially given how the show showed up everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 371March 30, 2023 3:47 PM

R370 Kit pulling off “you look so cuddly like that” and Joe pulling off “no being sad on my birthday” without making me cringe is miraculous. They deserved emmys for that alone

by Anonymousreply 372March 30, 2023 3:53 PM

Lol I still have zero clue what Kit was laughing at, at around 12:00 of this video. They zoom in as if we're meant to be able to see something... 'look at that, wow!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 30, 2023 4:44 PM

R373 He's laughing at Tobie and Will with the hash browns across the field. The clip right before it is at the same time, you see Tobie and Will standing by the flag and hear them yell at Kit as they pan over to him.

by Anonymousreply 374March 30, 2023 4:56 PM

He zoomed in on Joe and Bash blocking their screen. They were probably making out on set, and Tobie was smart enough to not actually show it but he left in Kit’s reaction.

by Anonymousreply 375March 30, 2023 4:56 PM

R374 I know that was around the same time, but they're so far away that there's no way he'd be laughing at any sort of hash brown related joke - they'd barely be able to hear/see each other.

R375 Interesting! I hadn't spotted that Bash and Joe were there too. Jen says 'look' and zooms in, but we clearly missed whatever happened... maybe one of them fell over? Although I prefer your making out version.

by Anonymousreply 376March 30, 2023 5:03 PM

R376 They're both talking about the hash browns and zoom in on each other. I'd assume the joke originated before they split up for blocking.

by Anonymousreply 377March 30, 2023 5:07 PM

R374 I reckon you’re right, but more importantly I think hashbrowns are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 378March 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Random, but I noticed that Kizzy liked the post about Kit's win on his PR agency's Instagram and it just now clicked that Kit, Yaz, Will, and Kizzy all use the same agency.

by Anonymousreply 379March 30, 2023 5:27 PM

R377 Hmm, I can't see Kit laughing that much and saying 'look at that, wow' because Tobie is eating a hash brown, lol. I reckon something funny happened with Joe and Bash's blocking - it looks like Will has his hand over his mouth in shock or something. But I guess we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 380March 30, 2023 5:30 PM

R379 a lot of them didn't have agencies when they started HS so apparently they helped them find them which probably explains why so many have the same one

by Anonymousreply 381March 30, 2023 5:36 PM

The post where Alice first introduced Heartstopper is circulating on Twitter. I skimmed it and it explicitly mentions that Charlie attempted suicide, did Alice walk that back completely?

[quote]Charlie suffers from anorexia and depression, and has just returned home from a hospital stay after attempting suicide three months previously

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 30, 2023 6:19 PM

R382 I think so? In solitaire I think it’s implied he accidentally cut too deep, but I don’t know if that’s Ret conned

by Anonymousreply 383March 30, 2023 6:30 PM

im pretty sure she walked that back

by Anonymousreply 384March 30, 2023 6:31 PM

I don't know loads but I think someone said that a scene where Charlie cut himself was removed from the comics, so I'm pretty sure she'll soften it in general.

by Anonymousreply 385March 30, 2023 6:32 PM

According to Google the original version of Solitaire he attempts it, then she released a revised version where it's taken out

by Anonymousreply 386March 30, 2023 6:50 PM

One of the things I wonder about the most is how faithful they’ll stay to the eating and mental disorder stuff that’s in the books. There’s really good material for Joe (and some for Kit and Jenny) in it. Stuff like this and the episode Charlie has when he relapsed after he argues with Nick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 30, 2023 6:52 PM

R387 I hope they really dig into the OCD as well. I know the ED is the obvious one to show but scenes like Tori walking in on Charlie obsessively reordering food and the kitchen and being unable to calm down would be great for Joe to perform

by Anonymousreply 388March 30, 2023 6:57 PM

I’m dying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 30, 2023 7:02 PM

I really hope that Alice doesn’t diminish Charlie’s storyline in the slightest but idk i guess we will see

by Anonymousreply 390March 30, 2023 7:03 PM

R387 I hope Joe and Kit get to act that scene because I think it'd be pretty heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 391March 30, 2023 7:04 PM

I would not have expected Taron to post the pic 💀

I still can’t get over Kits face in that pic, its giving butterface

by Anonymousreply 392March 30, 2023 7:04 PM

R389 came to here to post that! Taron’s instagram is my absolute favourite and that is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 393March 30, 2023 7:05 PM

R390 If Alice is still obsessed with Heartstopper being a family show, I could easily see a lot of it being neutered.

R389 Taron is so fucking funny, I love that he keeps up with Kit stuff when the most they did together was the festival circuit for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 394March 30, 2023 7:06 PM

There’s a clip for everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 30, 2023 7:36 PM

Don’t think I’d seen the high definition version of these photos. He really is ridiculously photogenic and good looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 30, 2023 7:38 PM

R389 Taron doesn't give a fuck and I love that! He's so funny.

R396 you can tell he's been working out when you compare his arms here with them in the con's videos. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 397March 30, 2023 7:44 PM

I love the pit shot from that photo shoot R396

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398March 30, 2023 7:46 PM

R398 so does Joe. I presume a fully shirtless version of that photo is in his wank bank

by Anonymousreply 399March 30, 2023 7:50 PM

R397 He was aware of Joe’s thirst likes and made a serious long term commitment to keeping him in his bed

by Anonymousreply 400March 30, 2023 8:01 PM

R398 I want my face in those pits.

by Anonymousreply 401March 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Bash is really packing heat in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402March 30, 2023 8:06 PM

R402 Joe must be sore as Fuck when they’re done with a week together after being long distance for a month. Good for them

by Anonymousreply 403March 30, 2023 8:11 PM

I found an old Connor Jessup thread, people were pretty convinced Connor was fucking Bash, seems laughable now

by Anonymousreply 404March 30, 2023 8:29 PM

R404 it’s so funny how things change on DL. The earlier threads literally could not shut up about how ugly they thought Joe was; the kindest people were the ones who felt bad Connor was “clearly” going to seduce Bash away from Joe. Now we all want nothing more than to fuck him

by Anonymousreply 405March 30, 2023 8:33 PM

R402 He’s beautiful. I always appreciate a bulge.

by Anonymousreply 406March 30, 2023 8:45 PM

[quote]The only thing I give her credit for is not going straight into anal

Man, I sure did.

by Anonymousreply 407March 30, 2023 8:52 PM

R404 Poor Connor seemed completely enamoured with Bash. This was before Joe and while Connor was dating Miles. Those old Connor threads are sadly deleted but he would constantly post Bash and their interactions to his story.

They got to know each other through Emilia Jones when Bash was 17. Bash on the other hand never seemed particularly interested in Connor’s advances.

by Anonymousreply 408March 30, 2023 9:05 PM

R408 I actually don’t think he was overly into bash, he seems way too fond of Joe for it to be a former crush though I could be wrong. I honestly think he liked the high of being a “mentor” to baby gays.

by Anonymousreply 409March 30, 2023 9:06 PM

We know Connor was actually crying about him doomed relationship and was depressed when he was hanging with Joe and Bash so much. Makes me reconsider the whole thing and think that they were probably trying to include him and when he started feeling better they stopped hanging out so much.

So probably not they best gay mentor in the world.

by Anonymousreply 410March 30, 2023 9:11 PM

R410 meanwhile Bash’s oblivious ass was all about his young love experience. Drawing stick figure Joe into photos he was missing from

by Anonymousreply 411March 30, 2023 9:15 PM

R409 I agree, and also think he was probably still too hung up on Miles.

by Anonymousreply 412March 30, 2023 9:39 PM

R402 how have I never noticed that before? The modesty hands are doing nothing there. Lucky Joe

by Anonymousreply 413March 30, 2023 9:51 PM

[quote]Bash’s oblivious ass

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 414March 30, 2023 10:05 PM

R414 if only

by Anonymousreply 415March 30, 2023 10:11 PM

R414 would prefer to see bash’s dick in Joe’s ass but I’ll take anything at this point

by Anonymousreply 416March 30, 2023 10:13 PM

I wonder if Lucy is headed to visit Joe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 30, 2023 10:14 PM

R417 looks like it. That’s really sweet

by Anonymousreply 418March 30, 2023 10:23 PM

Yaz is in Morocco as part of her YSL deal, but that caption is fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 30, 2023 10:36 PM

R419 that’s extremely fucked up, Jesus Christ

by Anonymousreply 420March 30, 2023 10:48 PM

R419 never mind, caption has been edited - looks like it was the world’s WORST typo

by Anonymousreply 421March 30, 2023 10:49 PM

What did it say?

by Anonymousreply 422March 30, 2023 10:57 PM

Where it now says “she/her and me” it originally said “she/he and me”. The former makes more sense and was corrected before there was any backlash or notice so I do think it was a legitimate typo but what an unfortunate one

by Anonymousreply 423March 30, 2023 11:03 PM

R422 Referred to Yaz as she/he now changed to she/her bizarre and really jarring I haven’t heard terms like she/he for years. What a fuck up

by Anonymousreply 424March 30, 2023 11:04 PM

I just read Kit’s GQ outfit article - why are they so randomly shady to Joe in it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425March 31, 2023 1:26 AM

R425 wow. They have written so many nice articles about Joe’s style. Wtf would they go for a young gay guy that has worn some coloured suits… and his last red-carpet was also a twist on classic

by Anonymousreply 426March 31, 2023 1:31 AM

R426 it’s actually bizarre to me because I loved Kit’s suit for the RTS and wanted to see if it was Dunhill (it’s not) and was just randomly confronted with this “Kit dresses like a red carpet vet, unlike all those OTHER guys in weird outfits like Joe.” What on earth was the purpose?

by Anonymousreply 427March 31, 2023 1:33 AM

Zak in particular has written really nice stuff about Joe’s styles and he’s one of the few people Joe follows on Instagram. It’s fucked - why does an article about Kit have run down Joe. I know people here are like “Joe will be fine why do you harp on” but GQ was a publication that’s been really good to him and acknowledged him.

by Anonymousreply 428March 31, 2023 1:38 AM

Kit does do classic black suit well (though the last one was giving power dyke but that had more to do with the styling) and you can totally praise him for it without being a massive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 429March 31, 2023 1:40 AM

Zak Maoui doesn't use "weird" as a term of insult when he uses it to talk about fashion, so it's not meant to be shady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 31, 2023 1:40 AM

R428 Tbf I think they wanted an article praising Kit’s look (and he did look great) and also shoehorning in one of their other articles/Joe, but they could’ve just presented them as two different ways of dressing. Something like “Some young male stars use the red carpet to experiment with new more colorful looks, like costar Joe locke in XYZ. Tonight, Kit went old school classic”. I’m not a writer, so pretty that up. Just a weird editorial choice, though I doubt it was ‘purposeful’

by Anonymousreply 431March 31, 2023 1:42 AM

R430 I had no issue with weird, it was them contrasting Kit as looking like a seasoned vet and not entry level compared to the colorful dressers. I think Kit looked amazing which is why I read the article, it was just a fucking weird choice to name Joe in a contrast that was not the most flattering

by Anonymousreply 432March 31, 2023 1:44 AM

R430 sure, but everyone else does and he lumped Joe is some bucket with all the other young guys except Kit. I As I said Zak Maoui has been great to Joe, keeping the spotlight on him a lot when Kit’s popularity was gaining last time. I don’t understand why he used the comparison at all - I assume he doesn’t know Joe is getting homophobic hate from the HS fans or he wouldn’t have given them more ammunition to be cunts about Joe.

by Anonymousreply 433March 31, 2023 1:47 AM

i’ve always been a fashion gay so I will always appreciate the effort at something different. Its not like Joe is going down the carpet in something garish like phillip plein. Holly knows what works for him and i don’t doubt that we will be seeing more great looks for him in the future.

there is only so many times you can see a hot guy in a classic suit and not get bored.

I don’t think it was an intentional diss at Joe, just oddly framed.

Altough i got to say the styling was not it for me with this latest Kit look so hopefully its just a slight miss

by Anonymousreply 434March 31, 2023 1:49 AM

R425 They sure wrote a lot about a rather boring look

by Anonymousreply 435March 31, 2023 1:51 AM

Drive-by comment because I don’t want to completely derail the conversation here, but I’m looking forward to seeing what Kit does with Felicity Kay (assuming it’s a permanent switch), because I loved the suit and the tailoring was impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 436March 31, 2023 1:54 AM

R417 She's probably on Easter break, so looks likely. A shame Bash seemed to have gone home. Lucy is always good for a Joe and Bash picture or three when she's around them. Maybe she'll share some Joe at least.

by Anonymousreply 437March 31, 2023 1:56 AM

R436 I assume she is the reason that the article happened. She’s good great press for Paul’s Mescal’s looks

by Anonymousreply 438March 31, 2023 1:58 AM

R436 yeah as the person who posted the screenshot, knowing people make things into weird Joe/Kit competitions, I want to clarify I think Kit looked good and that’s why I clicked the article (to see if he confirmed a stylist partnership or maybe hinted at a Dunhill deal). Very weird to contrast a quite built 6 foot ginger guy who clearly likes a classic look with a 5’9 twink with a very different complexion though, of course they wear different looks and have different strong suits

by Anonymousreply 439March 31, 2023 2:00 AM

R438 Wouldn’t surprise me, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if they wrote it just because it’s Kit. British GQ (and Maoui in particular) have a hard-on for all of the Heartstopper guys (or at least for Kit, Joe, Will, and Bash) and cover them when they so much as sneeze.

by Anonymousreply 440March 31, 2023 2:05 AM

I think Kit looks great too, I just don’t know why Maoui would make it sound like Joe lacks individualism when he’s written a number of articles about how individual Joe’s style is. Kit is so popular you don’t have to make a comparison with his costar to make him sound better - it’s just lazy and unkind

by Anonymousreply 441March 31, 2023 2:16 AM

So I’m obviously missing something but, who is Lucy?

by Anonymousreply 442March 31, 2023 2:18 AM

Lucy give us some Joe content we are in a drought here

by Anonymousreply 443March 31, 2023 2:18 AM

R442 One of Joe’s best friends from the IOM.

by Anonymousreply 444March 31, 2023 2:20 AM

R442 his good friend from home and a fountain of content. She was at Halloween with them, posted a bunch of pre show pics of them, and posted the photo of them at New Years (people didn’t realise Bash was in IOM till then)

by Anonymousreply 445March 31, 2023 2:20 AM

R442 I would recommend going through her highlights if you're new to her, she has a lot of cute Joe stuff throughout. He was her prom date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446March 31, 2023 2:24 AM

R446 love that she’s already got a USA highlights

by Anonymousreply 447March 31, 2023 2:25 AM

R434 I thought the styling and fit were perfect. It was probably my favorite look from him and I hope he'll keep working with that stylist. I honestly can't wait for both Joe and Kit to fly solo. This constant comparison is exhausting. I salute them for not letting it affect their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 448March 31, 2023 2:27 AM

She posted these underrated Halloween weekend Joes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 31, 2023 2:27 AM

R448 agreed. I don’t even mind them being mentioned In regard to one another in a neutral way; like if they said everyone has their own red carpet style and Joe goes colorful while Kit goes classic. But weird snide comments are annoying and not necessary. Joe is genuinely the most chill person, waaaaay less petty than me

by Anonymousreply 450March 31, 2023 2:32 AM

R448 I don't have this issue since I'm genuinely interested in his relationships, but I imagine it has to suck to be a Joe stan that doesn't care much about Kit or Bash since a ton of the conversations about him lead down those two roads.

by Anonymousreply 451March 31, 2023 2:32 AM

R451 I'm a Joe fan, but he gives us nothing so I don't really mind it. There's nothing else to talk about with him.

Though that article is shitty in general

by Anonymousreply 452March 31, 2023 2:41 AM

R450 absolutely. If I was in Joe’s shoes I’d be an absolute cunt and if I was in Kit’s I’d be a monster. They are clearly good people

by Anonymousreply 453March 31, 2023 2:45 AM

R453 it’s genuinely funny that an ego monster like Alice got such a nice cast

by Anonymousreply 454March 31, 2023 2:47 AM

wow Lucy really delivered with the Joe content. You can tell he really loves her. I wonder how Joe feels about his sudden fame because he was just a regular teenager. His world really shifted completely in weeks.

by Anonymousreply 455March 31, 2023 2:50 AM

Joe used to mention some of the backhanded and nasty comments he'd get. So I'm not 100% sure he's all fine and happy with everything, but just knows there's zero point in complaining about it.

R455 He must, since she's hasn't been banned from posting him (and Bash) in his private time.

by Anonymousreply 456March 31, 2023 2:53 AM

R455 I know it’s only been a year and a bit but I do find it really nice how attached he’s stayed to pre fame friends. Bash would go to IOM almost as often as Joe came to London, his best mate Sam was at Bash’s birthday, he invited Lucy over with just the cast for Halloween, his mum visits loads, and he and Bash went to an IOM house party instead of something posher and more “exciting” in London for New Years. Probably a good part of how he’s stayed so low key and down to earth

by Anonymousreply 457March 31, 2023 2:54 AM

R456 I’ll try to make this my last ‘woe is Joe’ post. I think tbf at this point the queer media totally ignore him unless it’s a reference to kit so there would be little point as you say.

I assume Joe paid Lucy’s ticket, because the average 19 can’t afford what appears to be a fancier seat (I call it business class but I’m Australian and I think in USA you call it first? But then what do you call actual First?!). What a good friend

by Anonymousreply 458March 31, 2023 3:06 AM

R458

Thats would be sweet. yeah there is still first class, business, then economy in the us. That seat is most definitely either business or first class

by Anonymousreply 459March 31, 2023 3:10 AM

Joes always struck me as pretty generous! It’s hard to tell with sugar daddy Bash around showering him in gifts tbf

by Anonymousreply 460March 31, 2023 3:14 AM

Lucy may have some high paying job at 19 and I could be being totally unfair attributing her business class seat to Joe but I think it’s a fair bet

by Anonymousreply 461March 31, 2023 4:03 AM

GLAAD Awards in LA were tonight, Heartstopper's category wasn't presented, but the other Children’s Programming category was.

[quote]Remaining winners for select categories will be announced at GLAAD’s New York Ceremony on Saturday, May 13th.

I wouldn't be surprised if the category wasn't presented because the show won but no one from the show committed to the LA ceremony, every winner had people there at tonight's, but the question is if it's being presented at the NY one because no one is ever going to go and they shunted it to the second ceremony or if someone is going to be able to go to the NY one to accept (Joe).

by Anonymousreply 462March 31, 2023 6:28 AM

Alice lost the Graphic Novel category tonight

by Anonymousreply 463March 31, 2023 7:12 AM

R463 was it for a particular volume? I’ve only skimmed the Webtoons but certainly got a lot weaker in the more recent posts

by Anonymousreply 464March 31, 2023 7:37 AM

I believe volume 4

by Anonymousreply 465March 31, 2023 8:48 AM

Ok si this is me going of a hunch, but pedro pascal got a Loewe perfumes ad and im guessing he isnt going to be the only one being part of the campaign. im betting that kit is going to pop up in one of those too

by Anonymousreply 466March 31, 2023 12:02 PM

nevermind, it looks like its just a solo mens perfume and not a collective

by Anonymousreply 467March 31, 2023 1:53 PM

It’s from a while back, too. Before 2020 for sure.

by Anonymousreply 468March 31, 2023 2:09 PM

Frankie Corio being a Kit fan is endearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 31, 2023 3:36 PM

I don't know why but it feels like the show came out 5 years ago. The process of releasing season 2 is so slow. Young royals are already shooting season 3 and we don't even have a date for season 2. It's just so long. I'm starting to get over it. But I'm still very interested in Joe and Kit's careers. I'm dying to see them in something else, sadly it looks like I'll have to wait til 2025.

by Anonymousreply 470March 31, 2023 5:19 PM

R470 It does seem ages - exciting to think that they've almost finished editing it though. They would be really silly to gatekeep it for many months more, when the demand for it is so high and growing all the time. Really hoping for May/June.

by Anonymousreply 471March 31, 2023 5:26 PM

The funny thing is that we haven't hit a point where it's been a longer wait than usual between seasons for a show. YR S2 released about a year and 4 months after S1. They got the S2 release date on the anniversary of the release of S1, so part of me is convinced April 22 is when Netflix will put out a teaser and announce an end of May release date.

by Anonymousreply 472March 31, 2023 5:29 PM

They just announced S2 very fast I think and front loaded some content so now it seems like it’s taken a while. If they’re actually not releasing till October they’re really beating a dead horse by posting so much about it on social media

by Anonymousreply 473March 31, 2023 5:41 PM

R470 I can’t say I am waiting for series two the first series was a pleasant surprise which I really enjoyed and I am invested in the careers of the cast moving forward in particular Joe, Bash and Kit who look likely to make the biggest impact. But with everything I now know about Alice, the online fans and the shit the cast has been put through combined with the eternity Netflix are dragging it out for and concerns about it becoming an Alice ego project and disappearing up its own ass, I wouldn’t particularly care on a personal level if it got cancelled beyond empathy for the upset it would cause the cast. I am now far more interested in their future projects

I will still of course watch it when it does surface and be glad if I like it it has the potential to continue to be important for so many reasons but that all largely depend on the amount of screen time Joe and Kit get over the tiresome sidelines and how much Charlie’s story is kept front and centre

by Anonymousreply 474March 31, 2023 5:49 PM

It hasn't even been a year and S2 is already filmed. Not really seeing how it's been slow at all. S2 will be out this year. I think a May release date might be difficult with Joe working on Agatha though.

by Anonymousreply 475March 31, 2023 6:05 PM

R475 You are right it isn’t objectively a long time I think paying attention to the online content and fan dynamics just leaves you with the feeling it can’t be released and the whole thing be over soon enough

by Anonymousreply 476March 31, 2023 6:26 PM

I'm cognizant of the fact that Heartstopper is going to continue giving Kit and Joe a platform for press coverage, shoots, award consideration, so in that sense I still haven't lost interest in the show. I will be massively annoyed if they leave a void in the Emmys and another show pops up to usurp them in those categories. A loss of momentum would also make it harder for Kit and Joe to pop up in other places, like the BAFTAs, as the storylines become meatier.

by Anonymousreply 477March 31, 2023 6:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478March 31, 2023 9:56 PM

Joe posted Kizzy for TDOV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 31, 2023 9:58 PM

If Kits not wanting to bang Loewe guy, i make the case for maia’s costar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 31, 2023 10:14 PM

R479

Joe crumbs

by Anonymousreply 481March 31, 2023 10:14 PM

R480 I think he might be too busy trying to infiltrate the Mescal family, he started following Paul's sister pretty recently and has already liked 5 of her posts.

by Anonymousreply 482March 31, 2023 10:18 PM

Lucy’s in Atlanta, by the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 31, 2023 10:29 PM

Figured. She's' not exactly a clout chaser, though does want everyone to know if she hangs out with Joe. Though he must be fine with it. I wonder if she'll stay a few days and go travel elsewhere. Atlanta isn't the most exciting place in the world honestly.

by Anonymousreply 484March 31, 2023 10:46 PM

R484 to be fair I don’t think it’s “want everyone to know she’s with Joe” so much as “gets excited to post with her best friend she hasn’t seen in a while”.

I can see Joe going with her to NY for the weekend

by Anonymousreply 485March 31, 2023 10:49 PM

R484 She has approximately 6 billion Instagram highlights, I think she just likes documenting every time she does anything.

by Anonymousreply 486March 31, 2023 10:53 PM

R486 Agreed I looked at her profile for the first time yesterday via that link and she just seems like a girl who likes to record everything only a tiny number of the images involve Joe and they have clearly been very close friends for years. It feels more like clear boundaries of ‘you don’t need to stop posting photos of me or my boyfriend just filter out the ones with our mouths or hands in compromising locations’ so they can all just chill

Interesting side note it looks like she attends Chichester University which specialises very much in media, theatre and performance courses and also works very closely with Chichester Festival Theatre where Bash’s play is. I doubt he will be crashing on her sofa in student digs but an interesting connection none the less

by Anonymousreply 487March 31, 2023 11:17 PM

Joe reposted the Gay Times cover of Kizzy; they had it in a post celebrating Trans Day of Visibility

by Anonymousreply 488March 31, 2023 11:26 PM

R488 Posted at R479.

by Anonymousreply 489March 31, 2023 11:44 PM

R489 missed it though tbf there are always reposts in these threads

by Anonymousreply 490April 1, 2023 12:04 AM

Cuban Girl author is still being delusional. Like girl for as much as i like Kit, there is no way this c list rom com is not going to end up on a streaming platform bffr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 1, 2023 4:12 AM

R491 I also don’t get why she’s being combative about it. Firstly, I think she’s wrong. Secondly, even if Kit’s agency was wrong (doubtful) it literally would not matter

by Anonymousreply 492April 1, 2023 4:15 AM

I’m assuming she’s acting like that because she doesn’t like looking out of the loop on the adaptation of her own book, but this is the same person that didn’t visit the set until they were basically done and didn’t even meet the male lead.

by Anonymousreply 493April 1, 2023 4:54 AM

R491 Does she not get that Netflix is THE platform you want your romcom on, especially when it's a YA romcom? Theatrical releases are pointless unless the movie stars one of the few romcom stalwarts left (like Julia Roberts or George Clooney) and the other streamers haven't had the same success Netflix has had with romcoms, YA and others.

by Anonymousreply 494April 1, 2023 4:58 AM

R494 yes to all of this. Where I am, the only romcom to have theatrical release since pre-pandemic is the Lost City - even the one with Julia Roberts and Clooney went straight to Prime. Most of the most popular romcoms for the last few years that I can think of are Netflix (Set it Up, all the boys, Always be my Maybe, Kissing booth and all those Christmas romcoms that dominate everything). You want to be on Netflix. Particularly I movie with Kit in it - Netflix will flog it to death

by Anonymousreply 495April 1, 2023 5:14 AM

Plus the possibility of future things being adapted. Once Netflix picks up one of your book adaptations, if it does well the chances of another landing on it are way higher - or of another platform picking up another of your books. But she doesn’t seem the brightest star in the sky

by Anonymousreply 496April 1, 2023 5:31 AM

No sign of Bash at Ty's party so far from the few stories I've seen, not to say he wasn't there though, was so hoping for an outfit that would show off his new arms

by Anonymousreply 497April 1, 2023 7:54 AM

Apologies if this is news to no one, but I just signed up to Alice’s Patreon so I could read all the updates in one, and realised that I had to scroll right back to January 2022 to find the new stuff (i.e. volume 5). So she’s actually already done a fair bit of volume 5, but I’d assumed that she only just started it a few months ago when updates resumed.

So basically everything with chapter 7 in the title is new, in the link below. And then a fair bit more on Patreon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498April 1, 2023 11:26 AM

R497 No sign of Bash, but Rhea was there.

Denzel Baidoo's IG has a good shot of the crowd, idk if the person with magical eyes can spot Bash there

by Anonymousreply 499April 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Joe has had a massive clear out on his finsta, I'm sure it was around 200 and now it's down to 169, wonder who didn't make the cut

by Anonymousreply 500April 1, 2023 4:18 PM

R500 my guess is some people were legitimately cleared out but also a bunch of people followed him from both their main accounts and their own finstas. Might be that he removed the main follow If that was the case

by Anonymousreply 501April 1, 2023 4:21 PM

R501 Kit, Rhea, Alice, and Connor’s mains are still following Joe, FWIW.

Netflix UK changed their bio to something HS-related, might mean nothing but thought I’d point it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502April 1, 2023 4:26 PM

It might also be school friends that he hasn't seen/spoken to for a while I guess.

by Anonymousreply 503April 1, 2023 4:28 PM

He didn't unfollow anyone obvious, so I guess we'll never know. Tbh, if he's posting anything even slightly related to his MCU role in his stories, who knows if he ever does, then he probably needs to be very careful these are people he can trust fully. So, not surprised some people get cut.

by Anonymousreply 504April 1, 2023 4:40 PM

The only person that I can see is Cori, but, I'm not 100% sure he followed her on there

by Anonymousreply 505April 1, 2023 4:53 PM

Probably never followed her. Still follows Patrick and Alice, so doubt he'd unfollow a costar when he still follows more minor costars like Evan Ovenell and Leila

by Anonymousreply 506April 1, 2023 4:58 PM

R505 I would guess they have a finsta following finsta situation.

by Anonymousreply 507April 1, 2023 5:07 PM

Maybe Lucy has given him goss on people back on the IOM and he's unfollowed them, lol.

by Anonymousreply 508April 1, 2023 5:53 PM

Joe also posted on his finsta today, presumably with Lucy though maybe an anniversary post. The latter would make sense for a clearout given how private they are

by Anonymousreply 509April 1, 2023 6:50 PM

Joe posting about Adele yet again. Actually a weird guess but a possible one - maybe he and Lucy are going to see her in Vegas this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 510April 1, 2023 6:52 PM

R509 Honestly, I really doubt (assuming it was an anniversary post), that this is the first time he posts about the relationship or something and that it would merit a sudden clean-up. A Lucy post does make sense with the timing.

R10 Super surprised he hasn’t gone yet, unless he went and managed to go completely under the radar. No way he leaves the states without going.

by Anonymousreply 511April 1, 2023 6:59 PM

R511 honestly I agree re anniversary not being what “outs” them, my thinking is more this must be around the time of their anniversary and I’m nosy enough to want to know when. Agreed he’s definitely going to see her before he leaves and think he’d want to go with someone, not solo. Either he dragged bash another weekend or is going with Lucy or another mate.

by Anonymousreply 512April 1, 2023 7:02 PM

Adele's tour is over as of last weekend. Until June. Unless he went last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 513April 1, 2023 7:03 PM

I've been seeing an increase in people speculating about Kit as Hercules, if that somehow comes to pass DL deserves full credit.

Reposting this gif for no real reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 1, 2023 9:06 PM

something to thirst over is always nice. as for Hercules who knows how far along casting for that is, although tbh i would be more interested in who might play the muses/megara

by Anonymousreply 515April 1, 2023 9:30 PM

Hercules is a million times better than Teddy. Billy is a great part, his big green husband not so much. I'd enjoy kit singing again as well.

by Anonymousreply 516April 1, 2023 9:37 PM

R515 I've always liked Elizabeth Gillies for Megara, but if they cast Kit people would bitch about the age gap. I fully expect the muses to be stunt cast pop stars and other singing celebrities, but I'd be pulling for Amber Riley as one of them.

by Anonymousreply 517April 1, 2023 9:39 PM

Hercules would be fun both for the singing and the fact that it’s relatively comedic which I think Kit and Joe are both good at. Also Meg is a fan favourite and the relationship I think even without being graphic has more sexual tension than most, so if they cast someone with good chemistry it would be more memorable than a lot of the Disney live actions

by Anonymousreply 518April 1, 2023 9:39 PM

Starting the theory that Asha read for Meg and that is the reason Kit’s stayed liking all her posts after Bash’s bday. (This is blatantly untrue)

by Anonymousreply 519April 1, 2023 9:40 PM

I might be super late to this, but I didn't realize that Paul Mescal actually follows Kit back on Instagram. A pretty big get considering Paul only follows 136 people.

by Anonymousreply 520April 1, 2023 9:48 PM

R520 yeah I was a bit surprised but then remembered he gave Joe and Kit their award at GQ and Kit was very clearly starstruck by it. Presuming they talked again that night it makes sense

by Anonymousreply 521April 1, 2023 9:54 PM

What's Paul's IG? I thought he deleted it

by Anonymousreply 522April 1, 2023 11:29 PM

R522

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 1, 2023 11:42 PM

So there's a tweet going around saying that Joe's acting was horrible in season 1. The tweet has 3K likes. Obviously, the fans have started to talk about it and call the person who made the tweet out. I would understand if the person said something that made more sense like the writing was bad therefore everyone's performances were not the best. But they've singled out Joe and even said in a follow-up tweet that Will acted better (really?). I hope season 2 will do Joe justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524April 2, 2023 12:04 AM

All of the Argentinian flags in the likes…feel like they’re better off worrying about the Nazis they’re still harboring than about Joe’s acting.

by Anonymousreply 525April 2, 2023 12:07 AM

I saw that earlier. Like in no way did Will act better than Joe. like the op can just say that they wanted to bang him more and move on. He did a miracle with Alice’s cringy lines

by Anonymousreply 526April 2, 2023 12:07 AM

R525

Its always either the Argentinians or the Brazilians. Like argentinians yall got bigger fish to fry

by Anonymousreply 527April 2, 2023 12:09 AM

R524 I skimmed through the replies on that tweet yesterday, saw comments about the show not doing the comics justice (like the comics aren't at least as cringe as the show?), Will being a better actor (lol), Kit only winning acting awards because he's hot (?), it's a whole clusterfuck of weird takes. It felt like stepping into an alternate dimension.

by Anonymousreply 528April 2, 2023 12:10 AM

It really feels like there is a Joe pile on at the moment. Maybe I’m a sensitive Joe fan myself but it does feel like he can’t cut a break. Got to remember that in real world terms 3k people is fuck all and Variety didn’t think so, Vogue didn’t, most publications didn’t. 3k (or even 30k) people on Twitter are irrelevant. And Joe can still get it - a little corner of Twitter doesn’t make him any less hot

by Anonymousreply 529April 2, 2023 12:19 AM

R524 That person thinks Will is the only one who handled the cringe lines well. Best to ignore. There are people who don't like show Charlie in general for some reason.

Enjoyed the quote retweet saying they didn't need Oscar winning actors to adapt something this is written like a 12 year old girls wattpad fanfic though.

by Anonymousreply 530April 2, 2023 12:34 AM

Poor Olivia. At least she got an Emmy for 2 days of work.

by Anonymousreply 531April 2, 2023 12:39 AM

I normally am very on board on going to bat for Joe (re the GQ article for instance) and think he is WAY under recognized for his role comparatively - for instance, I think Kit winning Emmy and RTS over him is totally fair but for Kit to win an award Joe didn’t even get a nod for is nonsense, the delta in their performance was extremely small.

However tweets like that I’m genuinely not sure the point of engaging with. As others have said Marvel, Netflix, and CAA clearly don’t agree he had a weak performance. Half the accounts that don’t like Joe genuinely believe Maia is a talented actress. It’s about who they want to fuck or can project onto, nothing more, I just ignore it

by Anonymousreply 532April 2, 2023 1:26 AM

R532 ah, Argentina; I didn’t even make that link. So people who would at most be apathetic to Joe (and possibly even to HS) if Maia wasn’t in a movie with Kit. Tbf, and I won’t do it because I’m not quite that tragic, but I would bet money that it would take very little Twitter searching to find a tweet that says Kit is shit and shouldn’t have won the RTS (at a guess, with reference to the fact he was the only white nominee). It’s Twitter - it basically exists for people to hate equally

by Anonymousreply 533April 2, 2023 1:48 AM

R533 I name-search Kit here and there to see if he's up to anything and those kind of tweets do come up, usually by accounts with a handful of followers so they don't get any engagement. The person that posted the Joe tweet has 2.7k followers, which is why it unfortunately spread so much among the Arg hater.

by Anonymousreply 534April 2, 2023 1:51 AM

R534 I guess it’s hard to get traction on any Kit hate. While I find it annoying that Joe gets shat on, it is genuinely nice to see a queer actor be so beloved. It’s weird that people talk about them like it’s some kind of zero-sum game - you can love Kit and just not mention Joe. Comparing them doesn’t mean Kit will love you more lol

by Anonymousreply 535April 2, 2023 2:14 AM

Lucy posted from the Lewis Capaldi concert in Atlanta, so I guess that’s what Joe is doing tonight.

by Anonymousreply 536April 2, 2023 2:46 AM

R536 Joe also posted. Interestingly (if hot men interest you) Simu Liu is also there (different part of the room). I wonder what he’s doing in Atlanta at the moment…..

by Anonymousreply 537April 2, 2023 2:53 AM

Is he in the Captain America movie? Pretty sure that went into production recently. Not sure he’d fit in Agatha.

by Anonymousreply 538April 2, 2023 3:14 AM

Oh, I don’t think he’s in Agatha. His next confirmed Marvel project (I mean only on IMDB) is Secret Wars, which I don’t think is in production but could be wrong. Anyway, mostly just interested because he’s hot. It’s cool that Joe might meet a few of the established Marvel actors if things are filming at the moment. not personally but set visits etc. Would love a pic of Joe and Simu. Simu not usually my type at all (Joe is) but I think he’s insanely hot. I think it’s the cheeky charm - I bet Joe would flirt up a storm with him

by Anonymousreply 539April 2, 2023 3:29 AM

R535 completely agreed. It’s actually a bummer because I really like both Kit AND Joe but half the time I read a nice kit tweet, it turns out it’s the precursor to shitting on Joe or being snide about him which sucks. While I agree Kit is beloved for a queer guy I also wonder and think if he openly dated a man or embraced more queer/guy stereotypes they’d turn on him too. He’s palatable bc being bi makes him “queer and sensitive” but he’s still masc, only openly been with a woman, could pass etc. i worry they’ll switch it up if he acted a little more camp or dated a guy

by Anonymousreply 540April 2, 2023 4:11 AM

R540 I think it would depend what kind of relationship it was. Funnily I think if it was a relationship like Bash and Joe’s it would cause a bit of a stir but essentially be fine (maybe even up his popularity more). LT, close to each others family, not too physically different from him (not that Joe and Bash are similar physically but Bash didn’t used to be as big). If he started dating a Joe style twink I think the girls would struggle, and if he dated a huge guy who can throw his around a bit they would mourn him as though he died

by Anonymousreply 541April 2, 2023 4:53 AM

R541 fair. I will say it’s split between people who I think would lose it if he dated a guy and people who both shriek about bi erasure and then talk only about how he’s “trying to attract men”. I do think/hope Kit is fuxking around with hot men but it’ll never not be weird that this fandom got a disgustingly wholesome cute gay relationship between two actors and they fucking hate them for not being the other lead who while obviously queer has never been openly known to be with a man. They’re all so odd

by Anonymousreply 542April 2, 2023 5:08 AM

542 When has Kit been public about dating a woman? We know he was with Sof and Maia because we follow them and because of the fan who took a video of Maia and Kit holding hands but he’s never acknowledged them publicly as partners. Technically, Joe hasn’t either but at least he posted pics together with Bash.

by Anonymousreply 543April 2, 2023 5:34 AM

R524 I mean, they (the Twitter fans) are given a lot of emphasis here, by myself as well, but they are basically a max of 22 yr old (particularly Kit’s most loyal soldiers) and there are fuck all of them now. Even the “big” Kit accounts have nothing like the number of followers of the Insta fan accounts and while they mostly ignore Joe, they will drop the odd KitJoe picture with cute captions

R543 I’m not R542 but I think their point is more that it’s accepted that Kit has dated women. He’s clearly never written a post declaring his love for Maia but it’s not like they were hiding. I’m not sure what your point is?

by Anonymousreply 544April 2, 2023 5:43 AM

R543 openly meaning anyone with eyes can tell they were a thing. Sof idk but maia for sure; ditto Joe with bash. None of them are “IG Official” or whatever but when you’re walking around Disneyland holding hands it’s fairly obvious. I’m with others who suspect Kit hooked up with or dated a guy pre HS (played the pronoun game) but nothing “guessable”

by Anonymousreply 545April 2, 2023 5:47 AM

Nothing particularly riveting, but a little clip of Joe rehearsing the rugby lift from season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Plus a few pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547April 2, 2023 12:14 PM

The extra grabbing Joe’s hips/ass area is living my dream.

by Anonymousreply 548April 2, 2023 12:25 PM

Apparently it’s not Joes dream, he looks pissed off

by Anonymousreply 549April 2, 2023 1:28 PM

Random bits, but Kit followed what looks like a fashion influencer with a podcast on Instagram (Danny Lomas), not sure if anyone here knows anything more about him? Also, Kit almost made it to 4.9M followers with the boost he got from the gym stuff and the RTS win (~27k), but it doesn't look like it's going to last long enough to cross the threshold. My guess is he'll finally make it when season 2 comes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550April 2, 2023 1:42 PM

R551

Maybe he will be in another podcast?

by Anonymousreply 551April 2, 2023 2:52 PM

R544 My comment was more to say that Kit is generally lowkey about the people he dates. For all we know he could be shagging a hot gym guy and we wouldn’t know. He’s not very public/showing his partners on instagram. Maybe it’s because he hasn’t had anything serious.

by Anonymousreply 552April 2, 2023 2:54 PM

R552 I think maybe you misread my original comment. I said a few times I think kits been with guys and hope he’s fucking around now. What makes him more palatable to the homophobic fangirls who hate Joe and Bash is that while he’s bi they’ve never “seen” him with a guy. Yes he and Maia weren’t posting I love yous on IG, but they were pretty blatantly a thing and I hope no one is in denial about that. I hope I’m wrong and Kit being publicly with a guy won’t mean they suddenly start shitting on him but given the fanbase is convinced cis gay men are the most privileged people alive and that Joe has more privilege than Kit because he’s “more effeminate and less attractive”, I do think they hate actually SEEING as opposed to just acknowledging male queerness

by Anonymousreply 553April 2, 2023 3:04 PM

This interview/podcast isn't new but it's one of my favourites with Kit so I'm bringing it back - worth a listen if you haven't already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554April 2, 2023 4:59 PM

They mention Kit's team at 31:51, including someone called Georgia, to make sure he doesn't slip up on social media. I wonder how he knows these people (through his agency?) and what they actually do regarding his social media.

by Anonymousreply 555April 2, 2023 5:08 PM

Poor Georgia having to deal with his midnight coming out tweet

by Anonymousreply 556April 2, 2023 5:13 PM

Yaz made the Huff Post rising stars list alongside Omar from Young Royals, Stephanie Hsu, and others

by Anonymousreply 557April 2, 2023 5:46 PM

R555 I actually looked into this the other day when we were talking about Paul and Kit having the same publicist. Georgia is Georgia Cooke, who is an Associate Publicist at Public Eyes. My guess is that she was his initial publicist and when he blew up Ellie Norton, who is a Lead Senior Publicist at Public Eyes, took him on alongside Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 2, 2023 6:01 PM

R558 Interesting! I wonder what they actually do and how much control they have.

by Anonymousreply 559April 2, 2023 6:13 PM

Kit and Joe on Radio Times’s TV 100 list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560April 2, 2023 6:31 PM

Joe being the lowest of the 4 from HS on the list (15, Kit at 14, Yaz at 9, Alice at 2) when he’s the only one who has landed something massive thus far is… a choice. Kit being lower than Yaz and Alice when he’s won the Emmy and RTS is… another choice.

by Anonymousreply 561April 2, 2023 6:34 PM

Alice and Yaz too. Not exactly sure why they called Joe "the social media savvy star" though, but nicely written for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 562April 2, 2023 6:34 PM

Everyone from HS on the ranked list:

2. Alice Oseman "Alice is the genius creator of Netflix's huge hit Heartstopper, which burst onto our screens last year. Alice wrote and illustrated the original webcomic, and also wrote the subsequent TV series detailing the tender, romantic coming-of-age of two teenage boys, Charlie and Nick. Alice's writing is utterly original, big-hearted, and emotionally engrossing and it's no wonder the series is so enormously popular with audiences around the world." - DAME PIPPA HARRIS, FOUNDER OF NEAL STREET PRODUCTIONS

9. Yasmin Finney "Brand new to the scene, Yasmin has arrived into acting with the most incredible energy, passion and excitement for what is sure to be a wonderful career ahead. Heartstopper found a special place in people's hearts last year, as did Yasmin with her gentle depiction of Elle. We are looking forward to seeing her again in season 2 as well as her other projects including the BBC/Disney's iconic Doctor Who." - ANNE MENSAH, VP AT NETFLIX

14. Kit Connor "Despite having already featured in the likes of Rocketman and His Dark Materials, Kit Connor truly was launched into the international spotlight with his moving and charismatic screen presence as Nick in Netflix's Heartstopper. Now with film castings and a devoted fan following, Kit Connor is a face we can expect to see on our screens again and again." - LEWIS KNIGHT, RADIOTIMES.COM TRENDS EDITOR

15. Joe Locke "A total unknown before his breakout role as Charlie in Netflix's Heartstopper, Locke's immense likability and effervescence shone throughout the show's first run. Now the social media savvy star is set to appear in Marvel series Agatha: Coven of Chaos opposite the likes of Kathryn Hahn, and these days there are few surer signs of mainstream success." - LEWIS KNIGHT

by Anonymousreply 563April 2, 2023 6:34 PM

R561 Yaz is honestly starting to give off industry plant, especially with her blurb being the one written by a VP at Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 564April 2, 2023 6:35 PM

Social media savvy? I mean I love Joe but I would never call him that, odd choice

by Anonymousreply 565April 2, 2023 6:36 PM

R561 Didn't really think of it like that, since Kit did win awards so I didn't mind him being ahead. They put them right after the other. Though it is interesting how everyone seems to ignore that Joe's got the best follow up to HS so far.

Alice being #2 with it saying HS is utterly original was questionable though.

R564 Not sure I'd go that far, but def feels like she's being pushed for various reasons.

by Anonymousreply 566April 2, 2023 6:38 PM

R564 honestly I think the same of Alice. Realistically Netflix knows Joe and Kit are both going to be too big for a lot of standard Netflix fare soon (putting aside the odd prestige projects etc). Whereas Alice is not that talented and won’t be writing oscar winning screenplays but can maybe churn out some more middling adaptations of her poorly written works for them, and Yaz, while gorgeous and doing well for herself, is just not a good enough actress imo to make it way bigger than Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 567April 2, 2023 6:39 PM

R566 if it was just Joe being one below Kit I’d still be admittedly annoyed because I’m sick of how huge Joe’s next role is being ignored, but I’d get it more. But the lowest of the 4 HS people on the list is an absolute joke.

by Anonymousreply 568April 2, 2023 6:40 PM

I would have probably ordered them Alice, Kit, Joe, Yaz. As much as I hate Alice, the show got a double renewal, she won Emmys, and she got the BAFTA nomination. Kit broke out, won the Emmy and the RTS award, booked movies. Joe broke out, won the WhatsOnStage award, and booked Marvel. Yaz...booked an episode of Doctor Who?

by Anonymousreply 569April 2, 2023 6:42 PM

R567 following up to myself - I wouldn’t say I think either is an industry plant, more that strategically it makes sense for Netflix to suck up to and hype those two who they can realistically keep doing more work with

by Anonymousreply 570April 2, 2023 6:42 PM

Is it even ordered 'best at the top', or just a general list of people?

by Anonymousreply 571April 2, 2023 6:42 PM

R571 Ncuti was declared the "winner," so I believe it's ranked.

[quote]Once again, we have teamed up with industry experts and executives – including directors of content from Sky, the BBC and more – to pull together this list of the top 100 people who changed the entertainment landscape for the better in 2022. Read on to find out the winner of the RadioTimes.com TV 100, and who else made the full list.

by Anonymousreply 572April 2, 2023 6:44 PM

R569 I would’ve gone Joe or Kit (not super bothered on which first), Alice for the reasons mentioned, and Yaz. The show getting 2 seasons of renewal is truly an ensemble thing, not on her, so I don’t see that as her achievement. Though much as I love them all minus Alice these lists are hilarious and absurd - all them in the top 15 when Russell t Davies is very low down and Selena Gomez is at 100 makes no sense. How is Yaz 9 for landing a Doctor Who role when the showrunner who cast her that far down? Happy they’re getting buzz but the blurb for Joe especially is dumb

by Anonymousreply 573April 2, 2023 6:44 PM

R572 Oh, this would explain why Yaz is higher than Kit and Joe. She would have gotten a push from both the Netflix and BBC execs.

by Anonymousreply 574April 2, 2023 6:45 PM

I also think it’s a matter of (rightfully) wanting diversity in the recognition and trans actors/actresses being such a small percentage. When the criteria is as vague as “changed TV for the better” - I think Yaz is as stiff as they come but I don’t doubt trans kids watching her did feel more seen and it did move them

by Anonymousreply 575April 2, 2023 6:48 PM

R568 I always bitch about people saying "he has Marvel so he's fine" . but Joe's going to seriously blow up when Agatha is released and if he stars in the Wanda movie, if they actually adapt Children's Crusade it's going to be such a big deal for his career, Wanda is such a huge character and being basically the co-lead in the movie and a gay superhero is going to be such a big deal. So for now I'm fine with it. This list doesn't seem too American entertainment focused.

A lot of this sounds like just PR crap, not Joe and Kit, but Ncuti being #1 was to promote Dr. Who, etc.

by Anonymousreply 576April 2, 2023 6:48 PM

The melodrama of this fandom is absolutely hilarious. The Kit situation sucked but why are they milking something personal to him for stupid Tiktoks? He seems far less traumatized than they are by the whole thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577April 2, 2023 8:08 PM

R577 As usual, let's make everything about Kit, even Charlie.

And Kit's fine. Seems to be enjoying himself.

by Anonymousreply 578April 2, 2023 8:20 PM

R578 I don’t mind them relating Charlie to Kit, but it’s weird they’re way more hung up on it than Kit is. The way Kit felt he had to come out was not ok but he and his sexuality are a lot more then that and them weeping and saying he deserved not to have to every 5 min completely ignores that, and that he seems to enjoy being out

by Anonymousreply 579April 2, 2023 8:32 PM

As someone who still vividly remembers how their stomach dropped when they saw Kit's tweet, it just feels melodramatic at this point and like they're using him for views and likes. Anyway, Maia just posted a photodump, one of the pictures includes the co-star that Kit's been liking posts of, if he likes her post after having ignored all of her photography posts and pictures of her solo I'm going to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 580April 2, 2023 8:52 PM

That video is quite dramatic, admittedly, but this forum has a habit of doing the oppposite and assuming he's fine because he isn't crying in the middle of the street. We have precisely no clue how he or Joe felt about the hate online, the coming out stuff and all the rest of it, because they're both very private. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've been knocked a fair bit by it. But the fact is that we're all making assumptions based on very little information and it isn't any more reaching to assume he was not at all fine than it is to assume he's totally fine. We only see a tiny fraction of what's actually going on.

That being said, from an outsider's perspective, he seems more upbeat these days. He's had a lot of time to adjust and is obviously feeling more confident about being openly queer. But again, it's all based on very little.

by Anonymousreply 581April 2, 2023 8:54 PM

R581 I get what you’re saying completely but melodramatic tiktoks and fans bringing it up incessantly surely isn’t helpful? It’s the same way I bitch on here about how unfair the media and ugly ass twinks are to Joe, but don’t feel the need to make tiktoks or incessant tweets about it. I agree shrugging it off or for instance the absurd Queerty “Closet Bustdown” nom are shitty, as clearly if he felt so frustrated it was genuinely upsetting. But how on earth are endless tweets like “I’ll never forgive you all (btw who is you) for what you did to him” “this is about someone outed… not Charlie spring” “I cry daily over what they do to kit” in any way something that would help him

by Anonymousreply 582April 2, 2023 9:10 PM

Come on, that persons name is literally Kit’s Year. Being that change I’d like to see (shout out to the DLer who won’t cop the whining about Twitter without a subject change); how many DLers changed the order of their hot scale based on Kit’s body reveal? Show your work

by Anonymousreply 583April 2, 2023 9:14 PM

R583 with the caveat that kit looks great, it changed zero because I like twinks and strong/angular bone structure. Joe, then Bash/Will, then Kit is still the order for me but they’re all hot

by Anonymousreply 584April 2, 2023 9:16 PM

R580 Cori and Tobie are both liking again, so the blood ain’t that bad. Ngl I’m a bit sad about that - live for a good DL fictional feud

by Anonymousreply 585April 2, 2023 9:22 PM

R585

Same i wanted fued & drama

Also, apparently Kit is at eltons show tonight as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 2, 2023 9:33 PM

R583 Kit was always my #1, so he went from #1 to #1 but with the addition of me having an aneurysm.

R585 Legit, I never thought the blood was bad (more that they just fizzled out) and I still fanned the flames. Same with the Bradley stuff. So why stop now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 2, 2023 9:33 PM

R586 He must have felt so awkward at the part where they show him on the giant screen above Elton. I'm glad he got to experience it in person.

by Anonymousreply 588April 2, 2023 9:34 PM

R585 Kit liked it pretty quickly too. Those crazy kids are making it work.

by Anonymousreply 589April 2, 2023 9:42 PM

R589 It's because Jordan was in one of the pictures. RIP Maia.

by Anonymousreply 590April 2, 2023 9:45 PM

R589 so disappointed in them R586 that sounds like a nightmare but I guess he’s getting used to that level of attention now. There must have been a bunch of old people in the crowd who had no idea wtf was going on

by Anonymousreply 591April 2, 2023 9:46 PM

R591 Elton always shouts out people and you'd be surprised, the crowd is pretty much all ages. I'm not an elder gay yet(!!) and went when he was in the states and had a great time. Sure he mentioned Rocketman so it's relatabled to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 592April 2, 2023 9:50 PM

I will remain on the kit wants to bang Jordan train until they are spotted together again. anything to keep it interesting

by Anonymousreply 593April 2, 2023 9:52 PM

I don’t expect them to be spotted together again until they have to do press. Social media activity aside, the fact that they didn’t bother seeing each other at any point in, what, 4-5 months? When they’ve both been off work? Is what makes it obvious that they’re DOA.

by Anonymousreply 594April 2, 2023 9:55 PM

Maybe they’ll be a throuple, bi AND poly

by Anonymousreply 595April 2, 2023 9:57 PM

Probably shouted him out right before this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 2, 2023 9:58 PM

Took one for the Team. See you in 8 hours!

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 2, 2023 9:59 PM

Nobody in the cast better do anything either. R597

by Anonymousreply 598April 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Nice work sweetheart

by Anonymousreply 599April 2, 2023 10:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!