Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book

Exclusive: Harry writes in new autobiography Spare that William ‘knocked me to the floor’ during confrontation in London in 2019

Shit just got real!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603January 6, 2023 5:01 PM

Maybe Harry was acting like a complete cunt and had it coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2023 12:05 AM

In his highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, Prince Harry recounts what he says was a physical attack by his brother, William, now Prince of Wales, as their relationship fell apart over the younger prince’s marriage to the actor Meghan Markle. Prince Harry’s teasers trigger tsunami of outrage as the Windsors await his book

Describing a confrontation at his London home in 2019, Harry says William called Meghan “difficult”, “rude” and “abrasive”, which Harry calls a “parrot[ing of] the press narrative” about his American wife.

Amid stringent pre-launch security around the book, the Guardian obtained a copy.

The book’s title comes from an old saying in royal and aristocratic circles: that a first son is an heir to titles, power and fortune, and a second is therefore a spare, should anything happen to the first-born.

Spare is a remarkable volume, in which the altercation between the two princes forms a startling passage.

Harry writes that William wanted to talk about “the whole rolling catastrophe” of their relationship and struggles with the press. But when William arrived at Nottingham Cottage – where Harry was then living, in the grounds of Kensington Palace and known as “Nott Cott” – he was, Harry says, already “piping hot”.

After William complained about Meghan, Harry writes, Harry told him he was repeating the press narrative and that he expected better. But William, Harry says, was not being rational, leading to the two men shouting over each other.

Harry then accused his brother of acting like an heir, unable to understand why his younger brother was not content to be a spare. (cont.)

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2023 12:06 AM

Recollections may vary.

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2023 12:07 AM

(cont.) Insults were exchanged, before William claimed he was trying to help.

Harry said: “Are you serious? Help me? Sorry – is that what you call this? Helping me?”

That comment, Harry says, angered his brother, who swore while stepping towards him. Now scared, Harry writes, he went to the kitchen, his furious brother following.

Harry writes that he gave his brother a glass of water and said: “Willy, I can’t speak to you when you’re like this.”

He writes: “He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me. I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out.”

Harry writes that William urged him to hit back, citing fights they had as children. Harry says he refused to do so. William left, Harry says, then returned “looking regretful, and apologised”.

When William left again, his brother writes, he “turned and called back: ‘You don’t need to tell Meg about this.’

“‘You mean that you attacked me?’

“‘I didn’t attack you, Harold.’”

Harry says he didn’t immediately tell his wife – but did call his therapist.

When Meghan later noticed “scrapes and bruises” on his back, and he therefore told her of the attack, Harry says she “wasn’t that surprised, and wasn’t all that angry.

“She was terribly sad.”

Harry’s resentment of being the “spare” is the unifying theme of his book, through chapters on his childhood, his schooling, his career as a royal and in the British army, his relationship with his parents and brother and his life with Meghan through courtship, wedding and marriage to their own experience of parenthood.

Early on, Harry recounts the story of how his father, now King Charles, supposedly said to his wife, Princess Diana, on the day of Harry’s birth: “Wonderful! Now you’ve given me an heir and a spare – my work is done.”

Whether describing his memories and love for Diana, who was killed in a car crash in Paris in August 1997, or his similar love for his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, who died last year, Harry is unsparing in his recounting of intensely private scenes and conversations.

Harry met Meghan in 2016. They married at Windsor Castle in 2018. As Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they began life as working royals but quickly drifted apart from the family and eventually embarked on a largely separate existence, moving to Canada and then California.

Their acrimonious split from the royal family has been the subject of endless press coverage, some of it steered themselves, including via a famous interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021 that caused huge controversy on both sides of the Atlantic and around the world.

Subjects from that interview and a recently released Netflix documentary, including a miscarriage suffered by Meghan and her thoughts of suicide, and suggestions of racism within royal circles, are covered extensively in Harry’s book.

The book has been trailed and two interviews with Harry are due to be broadcast in the UK and US this weekend, with ITV News at Ten and CBS 60 Minutes. Both interviews are eagerly awaited, trailers and teasers reported on as news as speculation about what Harry has chosen to say in his book continues.

In a clip from the ITV interview, Harry said: “I would like to get my father back, I would like to have my brother back.”

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2023 12:07 AM

(cont.) Given the details recounted in his book, that might not seem immediately likely. Indeed one of Harry’s most pertinent revelations of private conversations between the senior royals comes from the very front of his book.

Harry recounts an anguished meeting with Charles and William after the Windsor Castle funeral of Prince Phillip, the queen’s husband, in April 2021.

Charles, he says, stood between his warring sons, “looking up at our flushed faces”.

“Please, boys,” Harry quotes his father as saying. “Don’t make my final years a misery.”

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2023 12:08 AM

I think we all agree there's nothing quite like a vicious face slapping.

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2023 12:11 AM

[quote] Harry then accused his brother of acting like an heir, unable to understand why his younger brother was not content to be a spare.

Harry I hate to tell you... but that's what you are.

A pretty sad fight with William wanting them to act like they were kids again and Harry crying about everyone being mean to his wife. Get some therapy. Charles actually sounds like a decent person here who has two sons who are acting like morons and making everyone miserable.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2023 12:11 AM

My guess is that this news will make William even more popular in the UK, given how hated Harry is.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2023 12:11 AM

[quote] In a clip from the ITV interview, Harry said: “[...] I would like to have my brother back.”

You've sure got a funny way of showing it.

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2023 12:14 AM

So they were always the innocent victims and never did anything wrong?

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2023 12:14 AM

Harry, remember what happened to those two lads who disappeared in The Tower of London.

by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2023 12:14 AM

This sounds like a work of fiction written by Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2023 12:16 AM

This is the news event of 2023, if true. Two brothers got into an argument and there was shoving.

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2023 12:18 AM

Honestly can't understand his incessant need to go on and on like this. He wants his family back, how the hell can Charles and William trust him whenever their private conversations are being sold to the highest bidder!!

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2023 12:18 AM

R8 He's not hated. He's just not cared about. We don't care about him or her. His entire life is geared toward an American audience.

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2023 12:19 AM

Everything but the bloodhounds snapping at his rear end

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote] “‘I didn’t attack you, Harold.’”

Why would William call him Harold? Harry is a nickname for Henry, his given name.

by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2023 12:20 AM

I love it! It's so ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2023 12:21 AM

Well, Harry sure is making his father’s final years a misery. I saw this comment on YouTube and thought it was really spot on.

Harry at the therapist's office: Week 1. "It never needed to be this way."

Can you perhaps reflect on how you may have contributed?

Week 2. "I want a family, not an institution."

Tell me more about your dependency on the institution of mass media in regards to family.

Week 3. "They feel as though it's better to keep us somehow as the villains.”

Let's talk about a term we use in psychology called "projection".

Week 4. "The leaking, and the planting..."

Do you find any similarities here to stories you've given in the news and media about your family?

Week 5. "I would like to get my father back. I would like to have my brother back."

Talk about how you perceive the notion of adult choices having consequences.

Week 6 “They have shown absolutely no willingness to reconcile.”

(Loud defeated sigh) Let's begin by discussing what NOT to do when seeking reconciliation.

by Anonymousreply 19January 5, 2023 12:21 AM

There are two sides to every story.

by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2023 12:24 AM

Harry doesn't really want a family. He and Meg want to be equal to William and Catherine. He was fine with being the spare his whole adult life but now suddenly it's an issue and he's going to whine about it forever. And for all the talk about his mother and how much he loves her he never mentions that she'd probably be upset he and William have an awful relationship now. Though I'm assuming he think it's all William's fault.

by Anonymousreply 21January 5, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote]I love it! It's so ghetto.

You can take the Duchess out of the ghetto, but...

by Anonymousreply 22January 5, 2023 12:29 AM

Meghan was just sad he claims.

He is such an idiot if he doesn't realize she has been instigating this and her goal was to separate him from his family.

by Anonymousreply 23January 5, 2023 12:29 AM

The comment in r19 is incredibly stupid. I expect to see more, even dumber and hysterical comments in the coming days.

by Anonymousreply 24January 5, 2023 12:29 AM

This one is for you Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 5, 2023 12:31 AM

So he’s basically saying William’s dislike for Megan came from the press and not meeting her personally? Lol.

Harry blames everything on the press.

by Anonymousreply 26January 5, 2023 12:31 AM

These two should bulk up and and join WWE.

by Anonymousreply 27January 5, 2023 12:32 AM

That’s my Pop! ♥️

by Anonymousreply 28January 5, 2023 12:33 AM

R24, how is the comment at R19 “incredibly stupid”, much less “hysterical”?

by Anonymousreply 29January 5, 2023 12:33 AM

As Harry will find out, there always comes a time people stop listening.

by Anonymousreply 30January 5, 2023 12:35 AM

LOL - funny how Harry's version of events has him calm and rational while William is wildeyed and violent.

Sure, Jan. Of course, he talks crap about Will and Charles (and Camilla, but that's actually fine with me), then bemoans that his relationship with them is strained.

His life is just a huge AITA post on Reddit now where the person is so entitled, narcissistic, and delusional that they don't read what they've written and think to themselves, "hmmm, that doesn't make me look all that good."

by Anonymousreply 31January 5, 2023 12:35 AM

What’s crazy he is wants both worlds. He wants it all. He says he wants his father and brother back but is using them negatively for publicity. He wants to live in LA and be the “classy Kardashians” but wants his Royal titles.

It’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 32January 5, 2023 12:37 AM

God, Harry is such a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33January 5, 2023 12:38 AM

He left out the part about the make up sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 5, 2023 12:39 AM

I never met the whiny Ginger but I’m at the point where I want to hit him with a 2 x 4.

by Anonymousreply 35January 5, 2023 12:40 AM

Spare. Me.

by Anonymousreply 36January 5, 2023 12:40 AM

I don't buy that Harry was calm and rational and William was wild eyed and crazy. My 2 brothers are close in age and I grew up with them fighting. They would wrestle and really get angry with each other. But it was like I can pick on my brother but don't you dare say anything bad about him. Harry is breaking the family code airing all this dirty laundry. He thinks it makes him look good but it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 37January 5, 2023 12:41 AM

It is crazy, but he's laughing all the way to the bank. Royal dysfunction sells, and manufacturing and/or marketing it has become his full-time occupation.

by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2023 12:41 AM

My best advise to Harry is to choose one of two things.

1. Go back home (without Meghan if she refuses) and resume your place in the Royal Family, and be a good boy. Reap all the rewards that would offer you even though your life may not be the happy life you want.

2. Give up on your old life including talking about it or writing about it. Tell the world you officially release your blood family from any connection to you. Move on with your life in the states. Form a good life of service to others. Stay out of the press unless it's something charity related. It'll take time but you'll eventually move on and the memories of what was will fade. If you never see your blood relatives again, that's the price you will have to pay to be happy and sane.

by Anonymousreply 39January 5, 2023 12:43 AM

The Press! The Press Killed me Mummzie!!!

by Anonymousreply 40January 5, 2023 12:44 AM

Just shows that they are not "God's chosen" as the Windsor cult fraus get all wet spouting their lickspittle nonsense about "royalty" on these threads. Many a time I've wanted to belt my brother. No one can push your buttons like your siblings . Blue blood is red after all. Deal with it Hyacinth.

by Anonymousreply 41January 5, 2023 12:44 AM

[quote]Harry says William called Meghan “difficult”, “rude”, and “abrasive”.

Where’s the lie, Harry?

William is a better judge of character than I gave him credit for.

by Anonymousreply 42January 5, 2023 12:45 AM

Shut up, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 43January 5, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote]Harry says William called Meghan “difficult”, “rude”, and “abrasive”.

I suppose he could sue for slander...oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 44January 5, 2023 12:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 5, 2023 12:49 AM

Oh, brother! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 46January 5, 2023 12:49 AM

I doubt the royals will take him back. He’s gone full La Toya Jackson.

The big problem is for Meghan. They’re both stuck with each other. Originally, I thought Meghan would be able to divorce him and capitalize off that but she’s not making a real brand for herself so she’s going to need him.

R38 Look at their lifestyle! That money is not going to last. They’re running through Diana’s trust.

They won’t be able to maintain their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2023 12:50 AM

Harry stood up for his wife as any husband would and should do. Take a good look at the future King William he is one tightly wound bloke. He has the same petulant nasty temper as his dad and grand dad and Uncle Andy. Privileged man-babies all.

by Anonymousreply 48January 5, 2023 12:50 AM

If Mr. Vincent Price were to be co-starred with Miss Bette Davis in a story by Mr. Edgar Allan Poe directed by Mr. Roger Corman, it could not fully express the pent-up violence and depravity of a single day in the life of the average family.

by Anonymousreply 49January 5, 2023 12:51 AM

Harry the war hero is crying because his big brother pushed him.....................I have three brothers, this ain't uncommon. Oh and if one of my brother's insulted my spouse, I'd fight back.

by Anonymousreply 50January 5, 2023 12:52 AM

I always detected that William, plain and simple, disliked Markle.

And, he'd have disliked her even if she had never met Harry and they somehow met and had to interact.

The infamous scarfing video, a film as scrutinized as the Zapruder film, confirmed the accuracy of my observation.

by Anonymousreply 51January 5, 2023 12:52 AM

he fucking deserved it. he was in a cave playing xbox while on duty for country

by Anonymousreply 52January 5, 2023 12:53 AM

[quote] doubt the royals will take him back. He’s gone full La Toya Jackson.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2023 12:54 AM

This is still not salacious enough. He needs something like "He called her cunt!" or the n word.

No one is drastically going to change their minds because of this no matter what side they're on.

by Anonymousreply 54January 5, 2023 12:54 AM

The sad part r48 is that his wife is not worthy of him sticking up for her. She has ghosted family, friends, and lovers once they were no use to her (except for her mother she can pull out once in awhile). I wanted to believe Harry was just dim, but now I think he likes Meghan being nasty so it gives him the courage to be nasty too.

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2023 12:55 AM

He says that after the "attack by William" he called his therapist, but in the Oprah interview he said they weren't allowed to get therapy....I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 56January 5, 2023 12:56 AM

OMG my brother did the same thing to me!

by Anonymousreply 57January 5, 2023 12:56 AM

Agreed, r54.

While domestic violence between marital partners, partner relationships or siblings is always to be deplored, it ain't exactly Earth-shaking news.

by Anonymousreply 58January 5, 2023 12:57 AM

R55 How long have you know Harry's wife? Get a real life Tubby.

by Anonymousreply 59January 5, 2023 12:58 AM

Hear that, William's popularity continues to rise.

by Anonymousreply 60January 5, 2023 1:00 AM

This makes Harry a laughingstock. Who is going to trust him with any private information after they see he is such a tattle tale?

by Anonymousreply 61January 5, 2023 1:01 AM

R60 Don't remind me.

by Anonymousreply 62January 5, 2023 1:02 AM

We’ve known her since she forced her rancid cunt on the world R59.

by Anonymousreply 63January 5, 2023 1:04 AM

R61

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 5, 2023 1:05 AM

What a pussy Uncle Harry is!

by Anonymousreply 65January 5, 2023 1:06 AM

I believe him. The family sounds awful. No one should be surprised at this.

by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2023 1:08 AM

Absolutely, R54. In fact, I now like William much more. He has some fire in him, and he's a good judge of character. Harry comes across as a bitch. Brothers fight sometimes, it's a fact of life.

by Anonymousreply 67January 5, 2023 1:11 AM

You’re right R66. No one should be surprised that brothers fight.

This is a nothingburger

by Anonymousreply 68January 5, 2023 1:12 AM

Toll free R63

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 5, 2023 1:12 AM

He couldn't even get a "he called her a bitch" in there?

Rude, abrasive, and difficult are just adjectives. It's simply William's opinion of her.

by Anonymousreply 70January 5, 2023 1:13 AM

The same trite post again R69?

Sorry to offend you. I respect your admiration for rancid cunts. You’re almost there yourself.

by Anonymousreply 71January 5, 2023 1:15 AM

The Royal Family are just rich inbred hillbillies. That's all. These close-knit rich families have so much dysfunction they make trash from the trailer park or hood look functional. It's comical people idolize those who are born into their status and privilege without working hard. We're told to hate the poor and call them lazy yet these uber rich fuckers hoard millions of acres of land which includes many natural resources, get tax breaks and have connections to crime and funding wars to further enrich themselves. What a joke.

As for Harry. Who cares? You and Megs are attention whores and just as useless as the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 72January 5, 2023 1:15 AM

R67 You sound quite slapable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 5, 2023 1:16 AM

I don't believe a word that comes out of his or his wife's gash.

I'd love to smack the bitch and I'm not even related to him.

by Anonymousreply 74January 5, 2023 1:16 AM

The only thing I'm curious about is the necklace. Did it say Harry and Meghan 4-evah?

by Anonymousreply 75January 5, 2023 1:18 AM

If Mummy were alive, she's spank Wills and tell me I'm the favorite!

by Anonymousreply 76January 5, 2023 1:19 AM

For a military man he sure is a wimp.

by Anonymousreply 77January 5, 2023 1:21 AM

He could make up any story or embellish a story about a disagreement they had because William won't respond. He knows that we know that, correct?

by Anonymousreply 78January 5, 2023 1:21 AM

Only in the newfangled Incest Survivor Frau World is two brothers getting aggressive a surprise. ASSAULT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 79January 5, 2023 1:22 AM

[quote]He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace,

I had wondered where that had gone...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 5, 2023 1:22 AM

Is Meghan a good fuck?

by Anonymousreply 81January 5, 2023 1:23 AM

William made a mistake of criticizing his brother's wife to him.

Rule #1:

Don't...Ever...Criticize...Your...Friend's/Sibling's...Partner/Spouse.

But what a little shit Harry is!

Rule #2:

Don't...Air...Your...Family's...Dirty...Laundry...In...Public.

Harry will tear down the institution.

Recollections may vary, and....

Meghan no doubt is "difficult, rude, and abrasive."

by Anonymousreply 82January 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Grandmama Diana, Uncle Wills shoved daddy and broke his necklace. Mama was so sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 5, 2023 1:26 AM

Based on his out of control rage ,looks like Willy's been cucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 5, 2023 1:26 AM

I don't give two shits about the Royal Family but this guy is such a whiny pussy

by Anonymousreply 85January 5, 2023 1:26 AM

Broke my necklace!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 5, 2023 1:27 AM

Bet ya a quid William slaps around Katie and she likes it.

by Anonymousreply 87January 5, 2023 1:29 AM

[quote] Don't...Ever...Criticize...You - r...Friend's/Sibling's...Partn - er/Spouse.

Agree with this 100% and the rest of your post, too, r82

Keep your yap shut and when the inevitable bad, ugly break-up happens, or, doesn't happen, you've preserved your relationship with your sibling/friend and can be there for them.

by Anonymousreply 88January 5, 2023 1:29 AM

R86 William does have Crawfordesque shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 89January 5, 2023 1:30 AM

A partner or spouse's first priority is to their partner or spouse. The posters who don't "get " that obviously have had neither partner or spouse.

by Anonymousreply 90January 5, 2023 1:35 AM

^ and never will.

by Anonymousreply 91January 5, 2023 1:37 AM

Hey, I'm confused: aren't YOU supposed to be the one who delivers physical violence when someone else puts your wife's name in his fucking mouth?

by Anonymousreply 92January 5, 2023 1:37 AM

R90 Especially if your spouse is a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 93January 5, 2023 1:40 AM

If he thought William was mad before.... when William hears about this he is going to be (rightfully) so pissed.

by Anonymousreply 94January 5, 2023 1:41 AM

“OMG Harry! Solange sent me a text, She said you’re a pussy”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 5, 2023 1:42 AM

Harry should have struck back and knocked William's big horse teeth out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 96January 5, 2023 1:43 AM

R90, normally that is the case, and by the time of this "fight" Meghan had had at least one confrontation with Catherine, so that may have played a role in William's behavior.

But the overwhelming fact here is that the big news from Harry's autobiography is that, wow, he was pushed onto a dog dish.

by Anonymousreply 97January 5, 2023 1:43 AM

R67 I admire William even more. What a toxic little bitch Harry is. Harry was “terrified” because his brother yelled at him. He had to “call his therapist.” At least William has a pair and acts like a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 98January 5, 2023 1:43 AM

Lol, R95!

by Anonymousreply 99January 5, 2023 1:44 AM

R96 Harry didn’t because his balls are in Meghan’s purse.

by Anonymousreply 100January 5, 2023 1:45 AM

Melania Trump has made an official statement about the brothers' kerfuffle :

"How you zay ? Boyz will be boyz ?"

by Anonymousreply 101January 5, 2023 1:45 AM

Amateurs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 5, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote]Describing a confrontation at his London home in 2019, Harry says William called Meghan “difficult”, “rude” and “abrasive”, which Harry calls a “parrot[ing of] the press narrative”

It never occurs to Harry that maybe everyone is saying the same thing, including the press, because everyone THINKS the same thing? FFS, the Australian Governor-General's staff thinks Meghan is difficult, rude and abrasive, and they have neither the time nor the interest to find out what the British press is saying about her.

It also never occurs to Harry that every single thing HE says is "parrotting Meghan". It's like he has no world-view of his own beyond that he has been cruelly wronged in some way. Which is probably why he can believe that everyone who dislikes Meghan is influenced by the media. He's coming from the same point of view as those black American fraus who think everything bad anyone says about Meghan is coming from racism. (Except that they at least probably have been wronged at various points, whereas Harry has been given a life of wealth and privilege with very little asked of him in return, and his stupid mother only died anyway because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt and thought it was fun to try to outrun people who were armed only with cameras, after all.)

"He came at me, shoved me and broke my necklace" is straight out of a Mills and Boon, like a lot of the Harkles' thinking about how the world should be. If William knocked him down at all, which is dubious, then Harry said something to him way beyond "you just don't like her because the media...", or else Harry started a physical fight and William merely won it.

by Anonymousreply 103January 5, 2023 1:53 AM

Who knows R81? The only definite is that she makes the men in her life believe that they are. She’s an actress after all.

by Anonymousreply 104January 5, 2023 1:53 AM

If my brother came at me as a grown ass adult and knocked me to the ground in my home I would call the police, not my therapist.

by Anonymousreply 105January 5, 2023 1:53 AM

William was "piping hot"? And he, he called my Megs naughty adjectives !!

And this thing had a talented ghost-writer? Who must have thrown up his hands and said, "Ok, whatever.. we'll keep this at Grade 5 level"

by Anonymousreply 106January 5, 2023 1:55 AM

I thought Nott Cott was so low ceilinged W couldn't stand up.

by Anonymousreply 107January 5, 2023 1:55 AM

Wow, that's really showing 'em who's boss, r104!

"Officer, please arrest that... that... that ruffian, post-haste!"

by Anonymousreply 108January 5, 2023 1:55 AM

(Sorry, I meant r105)

by Anonymousreply 109January 5, 2023 1:56 AM

For people on the Revenge threads, here's anew one... 17 filled up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2023 1:58 AM

What will Whoopi and the gals have to say about this tomorrow on "The View"?

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2023 2:02 AM

Look. I'm sorry to read about this. I don't think Harry is "a toxic little bitch." But honestly, brothers fight. They argue, and for years we have been sold a load of rot about William and Harry and what a great team they were and how close they were and blah, blah, blah. I've always felt William was a stiff, overbearing bully, bossy, filled with self importance, even though most of the time he is sold to us as Father of the Year and dutiful son. We are constantly reminded of the PDAs he and Catherine exchange, etc. even though allegations of him cheating have eventually seeped out. Lots of contradictions associated with William's image, and the less attractive aspects are deliberately suppressed.

As I think about it, we have also been sold a load of bullshit about the Royal Family in general. Allegations of conflict are rarely if ever mentioned and if there was some physical altercation it was definitely never to see the light of day. We have been told that Andrew and Charles "didn't get along." But looking back I wonder if Andrew didn't get in his share of fights once they were all grown. Charles can be very provocative, as in provoking anger. Edward seems like he was bullied as a kid, too. Did Andrew ever abuse Fergie? Did Charles smack Diana? We will never know. We have been fed illusions and fans of the Royal Family cherish them.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2023 2:03 AM

The detail about being pushed onto a dog dish and that the shards hurt his ass cracked me up. It was like reading something from The Onion.

by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2023 2:04 AM

What a crybaby! What a wuss! No wonder he's so pussywhipped. I wish William had beaten the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 114January 5, 2023 2:06 AM

We see you, R112. Why not just call us Klan Grannies and get it over with?

by Anonymousreply 115January 5, 2023 2:07 AM

R112 is straight from Lipstick Alley.

by Anonymousreply 116January 5, 2023 2:11 AM

[quote] “‘I didn’t attack you, Harold.’”

Why dies this sound like something lifted from a spousal abuse scene from bad daytime soap?

by Anonymousreply 117January 5, 2023 2:12 AM

Do the insulin addicts from LSA work together on these drop ins?

by Anonymousreply 118January 5, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote]If my brother came at me as a grown ass adult and knocked me to the ground in my home I would call the police, not my therapist.

If any of the rumors about Harry's earlier adult life on here are true, then he would be very well aware from personal experience that calling the cops on a member of the Royal family doesn't work. But I would greatly enjoy seeing, "Constable! Arrest the Duke of Cambridge and future King this instant!" [stamps foot]

Come to think of it, at this point Harry was in the RF and living on the estate, so wouldn't he have been able to call his own goons on William?

by Anonymousreply 119January 5, 2023 2:14 AM

It probably is, R117, since William remembers, even if Harry doesn't, that his name is Henry. Harry obviously was too bedazzled by his bride to listen to his own name when he was marrying Meggsie.

by Anonymousreply 120January 5, 2023 2:15 AM

R112, my brothers are 6 and 4 years older than me. They didn’t physically fight much with me growing up but certainly got into it occasionally with each other. Until they were about 16 and 14 and were able to exercise enough self control to not beat the crap out of each other. Grown brothers should not physically assault each other.

by Anonymousreply 121January 5, 2023 2:18 AM

"H just got another text from his brother! We can use it in the next Netflix series!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 5, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote] so wouldn't he have been able to call his own goons on William?

Royal protection officers fighting out a small scale civil war in the grounds of Windsor while tourists watch is possibly the only thing that could make this better.

by Anonymousreply 123January 5, 2023 2:20 AM

R71 Save it for your lover hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 5, 2023 2:21 AM

What dog did Harry have at the time that needed a bowl and what happened to the dog? And what kind of dog bowl breaks into shards? A thin glass or plastic one?

by Anonymousreply 125January 5, 2023 2:22 AM

R24 Clue: Therapists don’t just pat you on the back and take your side. Many of the consequences Harry has experienced are the result of his own choices.

by Anonymousreply 126January 5, 2023 2:22 AM

R124 Yawn

by Anonymousreply 127January 5, 2023 2:24 AM

r125 Didn't they own a Labradoodle or something? I remember the press squealing with joy because the Queen was pictured with it.

by Anonymousreply 128January 5, 2023 2:25 AM

R112 The only one swallowing BS is you. You appear to be able to take quite a lot. You must be popular.

by Anonymousreply 129January 5, 2023 2:27 AM

The dog dish was part of the Harkle china collection featuring their official motto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 5, 2023 2:29 AM

You do not know these people. If your fat frau arses caught on fire they would not bother to piss on you to put it out.

by Anonymousreply 131January 5, 2023 2:31 AM

R112 types like she earns minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 132January 5, 2023 2:31 AM

R131 I doubt many of us know the people we post about here. What is your point?

by Anonymousreply 133January 5, 2023 2:32 AM

"After he beat me quite viciously, William proceeded to shoot Our rescue dog."

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2023 2:36 AM

Someone on LSA called William a psycho because he called his brother Harold.

Smells like your work R131.

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2023 2:38 AM

R125, it would have belonged to Guy, the beagle, who mysteriously ended up with two broken legs shortly after arriving in London. Meg's other "furbaby" Bogart, the one she claimed Ellen told her to get, was "left behind" in Toronto because he didn't like Harry. They claimed the dog was too sick to cross the Atlantic but Bower got the real story.

And after dropping Ellen's name all those years re Bogart, she didn't invite Ellen to the wedding. Probably scared Ellen would ask why she ditched the dog. Loved Ellen's work in getting her back, though.

by Anonymousreply 136January 5, 2023 2:40 AM

Do us all a favour, R131, and drink a couple quarts of Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 137January 5, 2023 2:42 AM

[quote]I doubt the royals will take him back. He’s gone full La Toya Jackson.

The Jacksons took La Toya back, time and time again.

Not only that, but Michael's kids liked her more than they did Janet at several points.

by Anonymousreply 138January 5, 2023 3:03 AM

r130 nice...

by Anonymousreply 139January 5, 2023 3:09 AM

r130 nice...

by Anonymousreply 140January 5, 2023 3:10 AM

Of course. I believe every single word that Mr. Harold has so elegantly put to paper. It is wholly truthful.

by Anonymousreply 141January 5, 2023 3:20 AM

The Times: According to The Guardian, the bombshell claim is "one of many" in Harry's highly-anticipated memoir "Spare", which is due to be released on Tuesday. The newspaper said it was able to obtain a copy despite "stringent pre-launch security around the book".

Hmmm... no serialization and only one specific passage, followed by a series of broad descriptions.

Do you suppose Britain's leading anti-monarchy paper agreed to conditions before it received its copy? The integrity of it all...

by Anonymousreply 142January 5, 2023 3:25 AM

I can believe some of that story. William does seem more short-tempered than Harry.

I don't believe that Harry didn't immediately tell Meghan what happened. I also don't believe that Meghan's only response was sadness. I think she would've been really worked up if Harry had injuries on his back.

The broken necklace part is what made me believe the story. It sounds so stupid that it has to be true.

by Anonymousreply 143January 5, 2023 3:25 AM

All this was put into place while the Queen was still alive.

I guess if you’re going to sell you soul, sell it to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 144January 5, 2023 3:29 AM

So, he called his therapist when William broke his necklace, but didn't call the therapist when his wife told him she was suicidal.

Hmmm. OK.

by Anonymousreply 145January 5, 2023 3:29 AM

I laughed out loud when I read “grabbed my collar, ripped my necklace and threw me to the floor.”

I’m 100% on Williams side and suspect 90% of people will approve of him kicking Harry’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 146January 5, 2023 3:34 AM

It's surprising but not shocking. The British brawl in pubs every weekend. And if it's true, the palace knew it was coming, because William was there.

Harry makes Diana look like Beatrix Potter.

by Anonymousreply 147January 5, 2023 3:36 AM

The leak of the book seems to have come from Harry and Meghan's people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 5, 2023 3:38 AM

Well there's a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2023 3:41 AM

He tried to put his thumb up my bum, the dirty pervert!

by Anonymousreply 150January 5, 2023 3:44 AM

[quote]Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book

I don't usually condone violence, but the "we care so much about others less fortunate" cloying, the general "who me?" attitudes, the victim mentalities, the tattle-tale self-righteousness, and all the smug of that tag team couple could eventually drive someone on the receiving end of it to the brink.

by Anonymousreply 151January 5, 2023 3:44 AM

Sometimes children need a good smack. Team William.

by Anonymousreply 152January 5, 2023 3:46 AM

William. In the kitchen. With the dog dish.

by Anonymousreply 153January 5, 2023 3:47 AM

The incident undoubtedly gave Harry plenty to imagine in the shower when he jerks off for the next few decades.

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2023 3:58 AM

[quote]Grown brothers should not physically assault each other.

Unless one of them is trying to get the world to hate your family because they didn't kiss the ass of his full-of-herself spoiled-brat wife sufficiently.

by Anonymousreply 155January 5, 2023 4:02 AM

He’s such a pussy. I laughed during the Netflix series when he described a newspaper cartoon of himself in a dog collar with Meghan holding the leash. He spoke of the cartoon in such deadly serious tone that it cracked me up.

He must get some pleasure out of enumerating the times he’s been publicly humiliated. Big war hero gets his ass kicked by his middle aged brother—not a great look, Harold.

by Anonymousreply 156January 5, 2023 4:13 AM

Definitely. He's a sub.

by Anonymousreply 157January 5, 2023 4:15 AM

Everything he does as says just makes everybody like William more. That must infuriate him immensely.

by Anonymousreply 158January 5, 2023 4:17 AM

I do enjoy the comments on here about how Harry cannot be trusted because he's telling the truth to the press, but Charles and William and others who have lied to the press and the public, and used the tabloids to spread lies about their own family members, are trustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 159January 5, 2023 4:19 AM

The more Harry and Meghan try to make people stop disliking them, the more dislikeable they become. They seem to have no self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 160January 5, 2023 4:21 AM

I would bet the Sussexes leaked it to the Guardian because the latter is the major UK newspaper most critical of the monarchy and most supportive of them (though they've been in for quite a few attacks and eye-rollings even thee lately).

There's a rumor going around it was leaked because in the last 24 hours Nelson Mandela's granddaughter has attacked the Sussexes for capitalizing on her late grandfather's name and image improperly in their upcoming leadership series. Apparently Harry and Meghan wanted the attention diverted away from them.

by Anonymousreply 161January 5, 2023 4:22 AM

R148, please tell me you are not honestly that stupid. Some bot account says a guy at Archewell follows a reporter who got a leaked copy of the book, and that proves Meghan and Harry leaked it?

by Anonymousreply 162January 5, 2023 4:22 AM

[quote] Just shows that they are not "God's chosen"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 5, 2023 4:23 AM

Oh, wait, I get it now, THIS is why you guys hate Christopher Bouzy and keep making up crazy stories about how he's on Meghan's payroll, it's because he identified accounts like that Baroness Brock bitch as primary purveyors of the hate campaign.

Back in September this "Baroness" account had over 31,000 tweets about Meghan. It's probably double that by now. You're her fans! Ha!! Oh my god you pathetic old cunts.

Okay well I'll leave you to it, darlings. I know this is the only thing going on in your lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 5, 2023 4:26 AM

R164 I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about, try to create all the conspiracies you like but we see through her bullshit and just don’t like her. As long as she tries to be the top story of all media and our Netflix we’ll comment, as will you. You’re just as pathetic as us.

by Anonymousreply 165January 5, 2023 4:32 AM

Whatevs R164, but thank you for the nicely spaced post.

I do find it odd that you are the one who knows the number of tweets back in September, yet you say that we are the ones who only have this going on in our lives.

Things that make you go Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 166January 5, 2023 4:35 AM

It is certainly curious that of all the major publications in the UK it was the one most sympathetic to H&M that got the leaked copy.

by Anonymousreply 167January 5, 2023 4:41 AM

Sometimes I wonder if Diana made it clear she preferred William to Harry because the elder son was destined to be king one day (and would therefore be the one who would publicly redeem her), and that's the reason for all of Harry's horrible carryings-on.

When it would leak which grandchildren were Elizabeth and Philip's favorites, it settled on all of the grandchildren (the Phillipses, the Yorks, the Wessexes) at one time or another EXCEPT for Charles's boys... and of the two of them, William got far more attention from the queen because she had to prepare him to be monarch one day. For that reason Charles gave William more attention too.

If Diana also favored William (as I suspect she did), that must have seemed intolerable for him. No wonder he's such a fuck-up and world-class whiner.

by Anonymousreply 168January 5, 2023 4:41 AM

R159 So, according to you - and based on no evidence whatsoever - Harry only tells the truth while the entire rest of the family are continually lying?

Gtow up.

by Anonymousreply 169January 5, 2023 4:47 AM

Maybe Diana liked William more than a Harry because he was more likeable. Mothers have favourites.

by Anonymousreply 170January 5, 2023 4:52 AM

We need a new Harkle Hypocrisy Meter as this one only goes up to 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 5, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote] Sometimes I wonder if Diana made it clear she preferred William to Harry because the elder son was destined to be king one day

Many would agree.

In the second UK House of Cards arc, the Diana character easily cooperates with Francis Urquhart's plot to force the King's abdication because it would put her son on the throne.

by Anonymousreply 172January 5, 2023 4:55 AM

Let’s go to the tape and settle this once and for all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 5, 2023 5:19 AM

R168, Diana had said that members of the royal family, particularly the Queen Mother, doted on William and ignored Harry. It got to the point where Diana either said something or kept her kids away until she believed they'd be treated more equally.

In some cases it probably was the influence of the royal family hierarch, but it also could have been that William was older and more engaging compared to younger, shyer Harry. In the case of the latter, Harry could have interpreted the favoritism to be based on the royal family hierarchy.

by Anonymousreply 174January 5, 2023 5:52 AM

#haroldsnecklace is trending on Twitter now, which Is a lovely start to the day.

by Anonymousreply 175January 5, 2023 5:54 AM

R170 I read that Harry was harder to deal with growing up. He was aggressive, had tantrums, bullied others and was immature. He’s also stupid so there were academic problems. He was spoiled.

William was calmer, smarter, more mature, and socially competent. He was also going to be king so more was expected of him. The Queen spent more time with him training him on the monarchy to prepare him for his eventual role. He went to university and earned a degree.

William was everything Harry was not. I think that’s what led Harry to his deep jealousy of William. William married an attractive woman with a stable family life. William also had three children. These were things Harry desired as well but his paranoia and mental illness made it difficult to attract a stable woman for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 176January 5, 2023 6:01 AM

I wish this family would just get therapy instead of hashing all this out in the press. I’m tired of seeing all the hate directed at them.

by Anonymousreply 177January 5, 2023 6:46 AM

R17

British humour

by Anonymousreply 178January 5, 2023 6:49 AM

The Monarchy will survive all this.

by Anonymousreply 179January 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Coming up next on Jerry Springer…

by Anonymousreply 180January 5, 2023 6:51 AM

If Harry isn’t careful, he may find himself in a ute (forgot the American term), being driven to the train station at the Wyoming border…

Yellowstone reference

by Anonymousreply 181January 5, 2023 6:53 AM

[quote] I wish this family would just get therapy instead of hashing all this out in the press

Not "this family". Out of a wide family it appears there is one branch addicted to stirring the pot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 5, 2023 6:57 AM

The next "bombshell".

Harry now claims he wore that Nazi outfit only because William and Kate told him to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 5, 2023 7:07 AM

R183–Harry is lying, imo.

Even if he isn’t, ultimately he chose to wear the costume; no one put a gun to his head to wear it. I also think that Megs told him to spout that lie—-as it can’t be definitively proven one way or the other and it muddies the waters—so does William deny or stay silent?

Damn. I so hope the Harkles get their comeuppance big time someday.

by Anonymousreply 184January 5, 2023 8:03 AM

[quote]Early on, Harry recounts the story of how his father, now King Charles, supposedly said to his wife, Princess Diana, on the day of Harry’s birth: "Wonderful! Now you’ve given me an heir and a spare – my work is done."

What an unmitigated ass he is.

by Anonymousreply 185January 5, 2023 8:16 AM

Boipussy

by Anonymousreply 186January 5, 2023 8:18 AM

[quote]What an unmitigated ass he is.

Maybe...or maybe he was being humorous. I remember reading that when they were first engaged, Diana said that one of their compatibilities was a shared sense of humor. Second-hand quotes are sometimes manipulatively stripped of context.

by Anonymousreply 187January 5, 2023 8:37 AM

How disingenuous of Harry to claim he wants his brother back knowing that he's spilled his guts about him in the book.

If, as claimed, they wanted to live a private life and be out of the 'institution', he would have garnered respect by relinquishing his title and getting on with his life.

But H&M are fuelled by resentment, jealousy and anger. The sixth in line to the throne wants his toys back. Would we be hearing about this - brothers brawling, omg! - if the King was still funding their lifestyle? Nope.

Hope this backfires on him/them big time. I think they're petty, obnoxious cunts.

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2023 8:38 AM

No one says they were chosen by God, r41. A constitutional monarchy is the exact opposite of the divine right of kings. We all know they're just a family like anyone else. It's the Meghan stans who are outraged at their normal family disputes.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2023 8:46 AM

Yes, Harry is an unmitigated ass, r85.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2023 8:47 AM

Yeah this is one way to get your Dad and brother back, Harry. Why didn't you hit William back?

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2023 9:01 AM

The BRF should host a reunion at Balmoral with every member of the family required to attend, including William, Harry, and Meghan. And then a meteor should hit the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2023 9:07 AM

I wonder if this was in response to the goblin bullying Charlotte and making Kate cry? Something must have set William off.

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2023 9:08 AM

R185, Diana should never have shared Charles saying anything like that, if indeed he actually did. If she used it to paint herself as the victim, she damaged at least one of her sons to do so.

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2023 9:19 AM

I can imagine Diana making that up and telling it to Harry in order to get back at Charles. Then Harry exaggerating it, and his ghost writer, publisher and media exaggerating it even further, with Meghan playing a malevolent role.

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2023 9:28 AM

Harry's therapist is obviously quite shit.

by Anonymousreply 196January 5, 2023 9:28 AM

[quote]I don't buy that Harry was calm and rational and William was wild eyed and crazy.

Agreed; I don't doubt it got physical & they were both very emotional. At that point, they're both too old to be acting like that, but I guess that's the Diana in them.

I know the purpose of this story was to make William look like the "The Villain" of this story, but it just seems like messy family drama that most people can relate to (even if they don't want to admit it) and as others have noted, makes Harry seem dim for not recognizing his own role in the dynamic with this brother. I don't doubt William is a jerk, but Harry doesn't come across any better.

It's getting kind of desperate at this point.

by Anonymousreply 197January 5, 2023 9:33 AM

England rejected the “divine right” nonsense with a civil war fought before America even existed. But if you’re a dumb yank wanting to sneer at a foreign system you lack the intelligence or education to understand then reaching back to medieval notions is all you have, right?

by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2023 9:45 AM

[Quote]“He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me. I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out.”

[Bold]THIS. NEVER. HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 199January 5, 2023 9:46 AM

No, R185. The “ass” is the moron who chooses to accept the word of a proven liar. And who, precisely, do you think told Harry that little story? His unbalanced, paranoid mother, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 200January 5, 2023 9:48 AM

[Quote]He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace.

by Anonymousreply 201January 5, 2023 9:48 AM

As juicy and as bad for William as this might seem, it's not great for Harry. Unless you're a die-hard M&H fan, this reads either as comedy (he broke my necklace; I called my therapist; I only told my wife when she became concerned about the dog dish marks on my back) or as disingenuous--it's all William the villain and Harry the wronged and reasonable.

He'd better admit to a few mistakes in the book and show some introspection, or even the Guardian might not be able to review it completely favorably.

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2023 9:52 AM

Harry is SUCH a Carrie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 5, 2023 9:54 AM

R169, we know that Harry lies. He joined Meghan in lying about them being married three days before the wedding ceremony. We know that he lied about a conversation with Queen Elizabeth in which he allegedly obtained her permission to use her childhood nickname as a name for his daughter—he was specifically called out on that. And who can forget “Recollections may vary?” Or his lies about how “Meghan got him into therapy” when years before he’d said Cressida and Will had?

by Anonymousreply 204January 5, 2023 9:54 AM

[quote] So he’s basically saying William’s dislike for Megan came from the press and not meeting her personally?

He's insinuating that William is the one feeding those adjectives to the press.

by Anonymousreply 205January 5, 2023 9:56 AM

[quote] But if you’re a dumb yank wanting to sneer at a foreign system you lack the intelligence or education to understand

What more did you expect from r41? He is the sort who gets off calling people "fraus". That's big giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 206January 5, 2023 9:56 AM

Love that the HORRIFIC things William said about Megan are that she’s difficult, rude and abrasive. All of which is accurate. Americans would throw that shit at each other in casual conversation.

“She’s difficult!” GASP!!! MARY!!!! How dare you!!!

Harry and Megan were paid $100 million by Netflix, weren’t they? Why can’t they just disappear and live off their millions in their beachfront mansion with their two kids?

by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2023 10:03 AM

[quote] “OMG Harry! Solange sent me a text, She said you’re a pussy”

R95 both wins the thread and brings up an interesting aspect--many opined post-slap that men are justified in using physical means to stick up for their wives. Not my view, but must be disappointing to a few of the M&H true believers that Harold didn't slap William upside the head.

by Anonymousreply 208January 5, 2023 10:03 AM

"He grabbed me by my necklace". That say s it all right there. I hope William didn't dent your tiara Haz.

by Anonymousreply 209January 5, 2023 10:12 AM

The unspoken tension in the Harry /Wills relationship, on which I would wager my ENTIRE net worth, is that before Meghan came along ... Harry was sleeping with Catherine.

Shortly after the Will/Kate royal wedding, they all attended the Olympics together. The body language was palpable - and clear as day. I remember sitting in my living room watching the coverage with my husband and literally gasped, "Oh, my god - they're sleeping together!"

Bet you won't find THAT in the book. But I am convinced that that is at the root of a lot of this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 210January 5, 2023 10:17 AM

Correction he ripped my necklace. I hope left Harry's bodice alone.

by Anonymousreply 211January 5, 2023 10:18 AM

[quote]Harry is breaking the family code airing all this dirty laundry. He thinks it makes him look good but it doesn't.

Harry isn’t the one doing this. This has the stench of Meghan all over it.

by Anonymousreply 212January 5, 2023 10:24 AM

Harry takes no accountability for anything (blaming the Nazi costume on Will and Kate). Therapy is not working on him.

by Anonymousreply 213January 5, 2023 10:29 AM

In a moment of weakness, I found out Harry's Montecito address and drove by it one day (I'm not normally the stalker-type, but am like a teenage girl when it comes to Prince Harry). We got onto the private lane in his gated community (surprisingly easy) and got to see a glimpse of the house through its gates (There was an Amazon box sitting on top of his mailbox - which was tempting, but not really. I have SOME ethical dignity). After a moment of seeing what we had come to see, more-or-less, we started to move along - and who comes down the lane on a bike but Harry himself. We stopped, I rolled down my drivers-side window - but he passed us, and stopped about 20 feet behind. I hoped he'd circle back and ask "Can I help you" or some such (I had my "we're lost" excuse ready, "we're trying to get a glimpse of [nearby] Oprah's house. I hear it's spectacular."). Instead, he whipped out his phone, took a pic of our license plate and texted something. He didn't look happy. I suddenly felt really bad about our intrusion and just moved on. Not long after, he said in the press that they were thinking of moving because they still couldn't maintain their privacy in Montecito. Of course, I felt he was referring specifically about our encounter (although I bet it happens every day) - and again, I've just felt terrible about it ever since. I'm not the fan-gurl type - but in his case, I just couldn't resist. He is absolutely dreamy in person.

by Anonymousreply 214January 5, 2023 10:39 AM

R214 you story is 100 x better than Harry's and you accept responsibility for your behaviour!

by Anonymousreply 215January 5, 2023 10:45 AM

R214 you must have low standards in both character and looks when it comes to men.

by Anonymousreply 216January 5, 2023 10:47 AM

Could you smell his sweaty red head special odor crotch when he passed on the bike?

by Anonymousreply 217January 5, 2023 10:52 AM

Time for an intervention by someone who really cares.

Not the BRF. Not her. Because if she did care, she'd have shut down his antics long ago to protect him and balance him. But he's useful to her to do her bidding.

It appears that he's way past psychosis now, but that's just armchair analysis. He does need help, that's obvious.

And his therapist, if real, is shit.

What's Harry's end game? Mutual destruction? Maybe the therapist hasn't explored with him that question.

by Anonymousreply 218January 5, 2023 11:05 AM

Nicholas Witchell dribbling resentment and pissiness all over the BBC this morning. 'Well that's what the British Monarchy is, hereditary'.

Gotta say 'Spare' is an inspired title. Not going to say I'll buy and read it, but I hope someone uploads a free pdf somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 219January 5, 2023 11:08 AM

Amendment: I should have said "the Australian Governor-General's staff ALLEGEDLY thinks Meghan is difficult, rude and abrasive". It's the rumour that went round after the visit, but I don't know any of them personally and I wouldn't like to somehow get them in gratuitous trouble with the loony Harkles or the BRF, to which they have direct ties. Thx.

by Anonymousreply 220January 5, 2023 11:14 AM

[quote]"He grabbed me by my necklace".

Oh that's nothin', kid.

by Anonymousreply 221January 5, 2023 11:17 AM

R103 [quote] It's like he has no world-view of his own beyond that he has been cruelly wronged in some way.

Not sure it's true that Harry takes his basically white liberal/idpol worldview all from Meghan actually. Perhaps she merely accelerated a trend which predated her. I'd guess Harry has come quite some way from the days when he dressed up as an SS soldier and called his fellow soldier a 'Paki'. He certainly seemed to get on very well with the Obamas when they were in office (possibly less so now?)

I really don't normally say this but perhaps his time in the army was good for him.

by Anonymousreply 222January 5, 2023 11:19 AM

Instead of the "the Harkles", Harry and Meghan's portmanteau should be Marry!!!

by Anonymousreply 223January 5, 2023 11:19 AM

r185 If its any consolation I withdraw that statement. Since I very much regret the birth of the spare now.

by Anonymousreply 224January 5, 2023 11:22 AM

One thing that irks me are the Piecemeal revelations. Some weeks ago we were told Harry was terrified because William yelled at him. Now, after countless interviews, he tell us more and that they fought or William hit him. Even if this is true, how can they not see that this treating the whole thing like a netflix special with withholding information to reveal later on for surprise effect makes them look like grifters acting for maximum commercial success and bad faith.

Had they actually told the story honestly from beginning to end in one go it might have explained their leaving the UK and the family. This fight with William certainly gives it more motivation. But no, they are coyly milking their tale in soap opera like fashion, making them lose all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 225January 5, 2023 11:24 AM

It’s curious that after all his years in the media spotlight, Harry still doesn’t realise that the Harry Plotter and The Torn Necklace story just makes him look silly and weak, and William more interesting and relatable.

I wonder how he will escalate the situation now that his big revelation has been met with such hilarity?

by Anonymousreply 226January 5, 2023 11:24 AM

You sound like a hoot R214; for reasons I honestly can't recall, I tried to find Troy Aikman's house once in TX. I never did find it, but the area, despite the huge & opulent homes, was kind of flat & depressing. No charm. Anyway, you sound less "stalker" and more just someone that wanted to check it out, which probably happens all the time. But I imagine the Harkles are in a constant tizzy over those kind of things.

by Anonymousreply 227January 5, 2023 11:29 AM

My bet would be reprint the book with details that were originally omitted in the first edition like William was wearing his Klan robes at the time, and then proceeded to murder the dog for trying to defend its master (and dinner).

by Anonymousreply 228January 5, 2023 11:31 AM

R214 maybe he's going to get Meghan to send you an inspirational message written on a banana. Something like 'You are worthy of self-respect'.

by Anonymousreply 229January 5, 2023 11:37 AM

It's possible that both little boys have anger issues.

The difference is that Catherine apparently stabilizes William, and Meghan is just a cheerleader for Harry's dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 230January 5, 2023 11:51 AM

R225, they do need to earn money to maintain their lifestyle, so it makes sense to pace out their revelations for maximum effect.

Also, they seem to feel they are due a mea culpa and apology from the BRF, which they can then ostentatiously accept (and perhaps obtain their half-in/half-out arrangement). As this hasn't been forthcoming after each revelation, they keep escalating.

However, I think necklace gate has pushed this into the realm of absurdity. Unless there's any concrete instances of racism or other villainy in Spare (which the Guardian surely would've published first), they're done.

by Anonymousreply 231January 5, 2023 11:51 AM

Harry's damsel in distress routine is getting old and remains impossible to believe. He has been notoriously short-fused, vicious, angry and stupid his entire life. I suspect there is a lot more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 232January 5, 2023 12:00 PM

I really struggle with the Nazi outfit claim. I mean, it's very suspicious. Why would you ask someone's opinion of what to wear if you were OK with it? It doesn't make sense. You might mention it in passing but you wouldn't ask "Should I dress up as a Nazi?" because common sense says one of them would say that's not a good idea. And if someone mentioned it in passing wouldn't you be likely to say maybe have a think on that one? There's nothing funny about Nazis. William, by that point in his life, can reasonably be expected to have known about the war from his grandmother's perspective. He was 23 years old at the time of the costume party. They'd been meeting as part of his preparation since his Eton days. This doesn't sound credible to me. Just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

by Anonymousreply 233January 5, 2023 12:01 PM

It's too late now for any kind of reconciliation. How could you trust them? They are essentially blackmailers. Do what we say or we'll publish again. There is no way to trust them. There's no coming back from this. Even if everything he claims is true what they've done is disloyal and unnecessary. It should have been dealt with or reconciled privately. It's so distasteful. It's too far, too much, too purposeful and cruel.

We'll never know what's true and what isn't, not really, but we do see the Sussexes and what they do. They are terrible, terrible people. Run of the mill terrible - petty and self serving and greedy and duplicitous - but 10/10 on the run of the mill terrible scale.

by Anonymousreply 234January 5, 2023 12:05 PM

The Maul has a story this morning that the book accidentally went on sale in Spain and the Maul now has two copies. Spanish, so need translation, but we're not waiting til next week now to get the rest of the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 235January 5, 2023 12:13 PM

"difficult", "rude", 'abrasive".

I do not hesitate to believe that William described his reaction to Markle, to Harry, using those words.

In my personal opinion, they accurately describe her.

And it sheds light on why Markle got out in front of this story, which she knew was going to be in Harry's book, and devoted one of her podcasts to how women who assert themselves are described negatively while men who could be characterized as difficult, rude and abrasive are praised.

I'm enjoying this actual, real "reality show', but the main characters, to me, are starting to take a back seat to what is becoming the Main Event; Main Event being the machinations and moves of the two media camps.

by Anonymousreply 236January 5, 2023 12:28 PM

My guess is that Harry got in William's face and William pushed him away.

by Anonymousreply 237January 5, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote]My bet would be reprint the book with details that were originally omitted in the first edition like William was wearing his Klan robes at the time, and then proceeded to murder the dog for trying to defend its master (and dinner).

It will doubtless be revealed by a sobbing Meghan that the dog died of starvation or thirst after its bowl was broken in this vicious, unprovoked and doubtless racism-based attack. Maybe it will come out that it was William who broke her previous dog's legs?

by Anonymousreply 238January 5, 2023 12:42 PM

R235, these leaked excerpts actually sound as though they are from the Spanish translation retranslated back into English. There's another leaked excerpt where Harry is apparently outraged that Meghan was reprimanded for telling Kate that she had "baby hormones".

by Anonymousreply 239January 5, 2023 12:48 PM

Correction: Meghan said Kate had a "baby brain" due to her hormones because she had just given birth. Harry doesn't understand why that isn't an appropriate thing to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 5, 2023 12:58 PM

I'd like to spank Harry's bare butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 5, 2023 1:02 PM

R240 That does genuinely seem like a real, probably innocent cultural difference. Most American women that age would be a lot freer with talking about 'baby hormones' and Meghan likely didn't realise how uptight the English upper classes are.

by Anonymousreply 242January 5, 2023 1:03 PM

I don't know when this altercation is supposed to have taken place, I don't know whether Harry was married or about to be. But it's telling that William found her behavior rude, abrasive, and difficult. I guess I'm wondering when this allegedly took place. And it seems there's a gap in Harry's version as he seems to omit what he said just before this physical attack. He said something and then William came after him? Maybe WIlliam felt like he was defending Catherine from something that happened between her and Meghan? Maybe this was during wedding prep? Harry had Nottingham Cottage for a while.

I don't doubt the two boys got physical, but I'm curious about this altercation because there are gaps in the telling of it.

by Anonymousreply 243January 5, 2023 1:04 PM

Everyone in the BRF is so fucking touchy!

by Anonymousreply 244January 5, 2023 1:05 PM

Recollections may vary.

But only two are bloody cunts.

by Anonymousreply 245January 5, 2023 1:08 PM

R241, I corrected it to "baby brain", and, as ever with Harry and Meghan, it's very likely that the actual story was somewhat different.

This is nothing to do with "uptight" Brits and free and open Americans, although it is true that the Duchess of Sussex made absolutely no effort to understand a country and people whom she was supposed to be a representative of. By telling Kate she had "baby brain", she was basically telling her that she was confused and didn't know what she was doing or saying. Even Americans can understand that, which is why the reaction to Harry and Meghan in the US, their target audience, has been far less positive than they were hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 246January 5, 2023 1:13 PM

R243 "And it seems there's a gap in Harry's version as he seems to omit what he said just before this physical attack."

Yeah, pretty hard to believe William just attacked him. I don't really buy what The Spare has to say. If we do have to suffer more of the Su$$exes - and I have no doubt we will - I'd love to see them interviewed by someone prepared to ask hard questions and call them out on their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 247January 5, 2023 1:13 PM

[quote] If we do have to suffer more of the Su$$exes

I actually don't know if we will. They only draw they had is the family drama, and in the space of a month they've done a tell all documentary and this book, and from the looks of how the funeral went down the rest of the family now refuse to be a lone in a room with them without lawyers present. The slow sullen drip since the Oprah interview kept them in the news but now he's blown his wad what else is left?

by Anonymousreply 248January 5, 2023 1:18 PM

[BOLD] [ITALIC] "One Must Have a Heart of Stone To Read the Death of Little Nell Without Laughing" [ITALIC] [BOLD]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 5, 2023 1:24 PM

Apparently Harry attacks everyone in the book, including Camilla, who he accuses of "plotting" to become Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250January 5, 2023 1:27 PM

I don't read too much into the William and Markle dynamic.

I keep it simple. William disliked Markle from their first meeting. I think he, anticipating their first meeting, hoped he would like her.

Markle probably had reason to be wary of William, too. Who wouldn't be? I've come around to admiring William. Still, i find it very easy to believe that, in private, behind the scenes, and especially if he's taken a dislike to you, he can be difficult, too.

William wouldn't have to deign to engage in overt, obvious rudeness. The silent, chilly blast coming from him would suffice to send the message.

I actually feel some sympathy for Markle having to deal with that.

The plain reality of the situation is that Markle entered a milieu- wealthy, entitled, privileged, white, Royal- where, in a very real sense, she was in way over her head.

And that's real no matter what her motives were with Harry. I happen to now believe, she has used Harry from the beginning, even if she was actually in love with him.

Markle had a hand of cards to play with. She shoved all her chips in on bolting with Harry because she concluded, correctly that the Royals don't adjust to you. You adjust to them.

And now it's come to this.

Say what you will about the Kardashians, but they came by their notoriety and money honestly- by creating a cheap, aspirational model of "making it" that their fans love. I can't begrudge the Kardashians for that.

by Anonymousreply 251January 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Forgot to add at r251-

On the other hand, the Sussexes have taken being Royal and have cashed in.

I find the Kardashians more honorable than the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 252January 5, 2023 1:31 PM

[quote] King Charles, supposedly said to his wife, Princess Diana, on the day of Harry’s birth: “Wonderful! Now you’ve given me an heir and a spare – my work is done.”

Wrong. Charles, who had hoped for a daughter, said in dismay “It’s a boy. AND he has red hair!”

by Anonymousreply 253January 5, 2023 1:33 PM

So. I'm not invested in any of this but I hang on DL and see these non-stop, hate-filled threads focused on Harry and Meghan. The level of contempt and hostility is absolutely mind-blowing.

Can anyone tell me what exactly they did?

by Anonymousreply 254January 5, 2023 1:44 PM

r254 why don't you read through the threads and see?

by Anonymousreply 255January 5, 2023 1:48 PM

[quote] And the duke calls William his "beloved brother and arch-nemesis" in his memoir, an interview with Good Morning America reveals.

Oh yeah that sounds healthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 5, 2023 1:48 PM

[quote] By telling Kate she had "baby brain", she was basically telling her that she was confused and didn't know what she was doing or saying.

Yes, and it's important that Kate had not known Meghan for very long at this time. You can affectionately chide someone for "baby brain" if you're a close friend or relative and they do something silly, but you can't say it to someone you barely know. A work colleague, for example, would be straight off to HR. Meghan probably said it hoping to imply greater intimacy between them than actually existed, and (because she is always right) was shocked when Kate took offence. I don't think it's uptight or particularly British to be annoyed that someone you don't know well is calling you ditzy, nor that you know they're doing it to seem closer to you than they are, or than you want them to be.

R253, that is certainly Diana's true account. I think it's in the Morton book - anyway, I vividly remember it from the time. She said it was the moment she knew her marriage was truly over. I remember being puzzled by the reference to red hair, and then when we heard about James Hewett thinking, "Oooh." But it could just have been a slighting reference to the Spencer colouring, which includes red hair in childhood.

Of course, what Charles ACTUALLY said at Harry's birth will never be known, because Diana was just as good at massaging the truth to complement her narrative as the Harkles.

R250's link to the allegation that Camilla was "plotting" to be Queen is hilarious. "Yes," thinks Camilla, master strategist. "I will marry this other bloke in my 20s, have his children, lead the pleasant life of an English country lady and resume my affair with Charles in a decade or so, all so that I may be Queen at 70!" If she was all that keen to get her hands on the Vladimir, she could have spent 10 years at the start being faithful to him and waiting for a proposal like Kate did. A long period of being seen as his and his alone would have certainly overruled the BRF's concerns about her being "experienced", because all they were really worried about was the public accepting that any heir is legit.

by Anonymousreply 257January 5, 2023 1:51 PM

Go back to LSA, R254. Again my better judgement I went there this morning. You diabetics are obsessed with us. Back to your pasture now.

by Anonymousreply 258January 5, 2023 1:57 PM

R257, among the posh in the UK there's an eccentric aversion to red hair and chocolate labradors.

by Anonymousreply 259January 5, 2023 1:58 PM

[quote][R250]'s link to the allegation that Camilla was "plotting" to be Queen is hilarious. "Yes," thinks Camilla, master strategist. "I will marry this other bloke in my 20s, have his children, lead the pleasant life of an English country lady and resume my affair with Charles in a decade or so, all so that I may be Queen at 70!"

And she'd have gotten away with it if Harry hadn't cracked the case!

by Anonymousreply 260January 5, 2023 2:01 PM

R253 How the fuck do you know? Were you there?

Two people know what was said - if anything - and one of them is dead. Harry doesn’t know and neither do you. And, no, reading some excerpt from a “biography” doesn’t make you an expert.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 261January 5, 2023 2:03 PM

The Maul has a copy and is dribbling things out... this passage caught my attention, after Philip's funeral:

"The prince describes waiting close to the graves of the former King Edward VIII and his wife Wallis Simpson, who he gave up the throne for, and ponders what they would have thought about his own falling out with his family. But Harry says as soon as he saw William and Charles enter the gardens, he said he knew they were there for a 'duel' rather than a reconciliation. He claims they interrupted him each time he tried to explain."

So (and I know this because I've been there - there are a couple of open days a year) the Duke and Duchess of Windsor are buried in the royal burying ground at the Frogmore Mausoleum, built for Queen Victoria and Prince Alberta. It is by any measure a long walk from Windsor Castle. Philip's body never left Windsor Castle. He was lowered from St. George's Chapel into the royal vault, where his remains rested until he was buried with the Queen in the George VI Memorial Chapel off the nave at St. George's Chapel.

Why would William and Charles then stage a meeting outdoors in a cemetery? On the scale of possible vs. probable... another one that doesn't pass the smell test.

This thing will be autopsied by media with a scalpel. If everything is as questionable as this, here's another professional writer/documentarian/storyteller sucked into a factually sloppy mess involving these two treacherous vermin.

by Anonymousreply 262January 5, 2023 2:07 PM

So his wife in 2019 is having suicidal thoughts while he is promoting mental awareness and after being hit he calls his therapist but somehow is unable to help his wife get a therapist because how do do you do that? I mean WTF !! I call bullshit on Meghan. Another fucking lie. Add that to the long list.

by Anonymousreply 263January 5, 2023 2:11 PM

I'm calling it. Camilla made the comment about the baby's skin colour. That will be the final big revelation.

by Anonymousreply 264January 5, 2023 2:12 PM

It'll be interesting to see how William responds to the allegation that they both begged Charles not to marry her, too....

by Anonymousreply 265January 5, 2023 2:13 PM

'Meagain' and 'ShutUpHarry' are trending on Twitter, so this isn't really going the way they thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 266January 5, 2023 2:20 PM

This is just mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 5, 2023 2:25 PM

One thing that's not discussed much in this drama is the backstory of Meghan's early friendship with Eugenie. That relationship gave her entree to meet Harry. How did that friendship happen? Highly doubt is was just serendipity. Meghan always has her eye on the ball. She made that friendship happen.

I wonder how long it will be until Eugenie abandons these nitwits. There's no benefit to her aligning herself with them at this point.

Eugenie clearly doesn't like Kate and William. But her entire family is reliant on their good graces--especially now. Her father's life is in tatters. Her mother is a sad mess. Her husband seems to be something of a loser. And she doesn't have much of a career. Don't think she can afford to turn on William/Kate/Charles.

Bea has played this much smarter.

by Anonymousreply 268January 5, 2023 2:26 PM

Someday…maybe in 7 years, maybe in 25 years, who knows? But someday Harry will wake up in horror one sunny California afternoon next to What’sHerFace and suddenly realize he made a colossal error, of a magnitude that will resonate in history for a very long time. And there aint a damn thing he can do about it.

You can’t turn against and run your mouth about your own family, publicly, for years, almost totally at the behest of your wife without eventually realizing, “Hey, maybe she’s manipulating me.”

The guy has poor judgement. And poor judgement done publicly, and royally, and in print and video never ends well. I feel bad for him. Not because what he’s saying isn’t true, but because I feel bad for attention whores in general.

by Anonymousreply 269January 5, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote] I'm calling it. Camilla made the comment about the baby's skin colour.

Which even if accurate is a guessing game every grandparent plays. Will he have my shortness or his height. Which side of the family will his hair come. Eye color? etc

by Anonymousreply 270January 5, 2023 2:28 PM

R261, it is a well-known fact that Diana was the sole source for the Andrew Morton book and that she read and authorised it before it was published. Since her death he has described in detail how they communicated for him to obtain the material. So it wasn't just "some biography".

by Anonymousreply 271January 5, 2023 2:29 PM

I am not normally a conspiracy theorist BUT It is interesting how this is all playing out. Do you remember how Harry said he was very much his mother’s son because he acted from the heart or words to that effect in the Meghan and Harry Doc? Well of course Diana said she wanted to be Queen of Hearts.

Now we are being told that when he met William and Charles at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral he noticed that William no longer looked like Diana. This is after he says in the Documentary that the men in the family don’t normally marry from the heart, unlike him.

Mmmm methinks that Harry is putting himself as Diana mark 2 and William as the new mark Charles 2 and is referencing himself as the new Diana against the Institutional Charles ( William)

Windsor wars again .

by Anonymousreply 272January 5, 2023 2:31 PM

You William stans swoon over him like he’s some hot soap character. Why? He’s stuffy, ugly, bald, racist and dull. Like his father. It’s downright comical. Like reading a soap board.

by Anonymousreply 273January 5, 2023 2:36 PM

r183 My God he has a serious problem with taking personal responsibility. What a man child. Let me guess William and Kate told him to call a fellow soldier a railhead and paki??

It seems the same criticism of the Netflix series will apply to the book- that it is too obviously one sided to be true. The account of the fight sounds too tailored and does not ring true. Total lack of information on Harry's role in the encounter.

In life in general people who fully blame other people and circumstances for exonerate themselves as all innocent are not to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 274January 5, 2023 2:40 PM

I still think it was probably William who made the remark about skin colour.

We know from Harry himself that the remark was made before he and Meghan were engaged, and we know he and William had a conversation at that point where William cautioned him he was going too fast and should slow down the journey to marriage. We know that Harry came away from this conversation bitterly resentful. No doubt William made it clear that he didn't think Meghan was the essence of perfection Harry thought she was. If Harry was whingeing about the racist media and how they were making Meghan's life hell, it would have been easy for William to ask him how he'd feel if he had dark-skinned children in the media spotlight too, as a way of asking him to slow down and consider things at more length. But if Harry went home and repeated the stuff about Meghan not being perfect, then anything else that came out of the conversation she would have set to work spinning against William.

These excerpts are showing far more resentment against William personally than we understood Harry to feel before, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is revealed as the racist fiend.

R272, it's very possible that another of Harry's resentments was that William was Diana's mini-me till he started losing his hair. We now know that Harry is obsessed with Diana, so undoubtedly he was jealous all along that William was her clone, while he looked completely different.

by Anonymousreply 275January 5, 2023 2:42 PM

r193 All the bullying of staff . William and Kate were very much on the side of staff Meghan bullied.

by Anonymousreply 276January 5, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote] Which even if accurate is a guessing game every grandparent plays.

Sure, Jan. What about a barely-tolerated woman who isn't even one of the grandparents anyway?

by Anonymousreply 277January 5, 2023 2:48 PM

Above for R270

by Anonymousreply 278January 5, 2023 2:48 PM

All the excerpts I've read so far are typical family squabble and grievance sorts of things. It's deliciously indiscreet and will dominate the headlines for a while, but what does it do for Harry? Even if the ghostwriter managed to shoehorn in a Bildungsroman arc, the tittle-tattle will dominate. It makes him look petty and resentful.

I guess the "compassionate" brand they've desperately been trying to build is on hold.

by Anonymousreply 279January 5, 2023 2:51 PM

So sick of your race-baiting bullshit, “Concerned European”. Who gives a flying fuck if someone, anyone, mentioned the potential skin tone of a baby born into a mixed race marriage? That you think this is outrageous only shows what a bigot you are. Just piss off.

by Anonymousreply 280January 5, 2023 3:06 PM

[quote] I'd like to spank Harry's bare butt.

You must wait for the sequel that will come out in a few months, r241, my trauma has many reasons

by Anonymousreply 281January 5, 2023 3:09 PM

He’s going for the “burn it all down” approach. Good for him. Even though it will send Sussex detractors into a tailspin, I welcome a tell-all that actually tells all instead of spending time on legacy building (both of the Clintons and Obamas come to mind).

The funniest thing of all is, while people meltdown online, bitching and screaming in self-righteous indignation, Harry will be raking in tens of millions of dollars. Meanwhile, his attention-starved wife isn’t likely to hold back when she sees the reaction to Harry’s revelations.

It didn’t have to be this way, but now that war has been declared, I’m confident Harry will win (by highlighting how archaic and useless the concept of a monarchy is in 2023).

by Anonymousreply 282January 5, 2023 3:13 PM

r282 But it doesn't tell all. It gives one sided partial versions of encounters with others on a way that portrays them as 100% blameless innocent victims at every turn. That is not a tell all that is a work of fiction and a deluded mind.

by Anonymousreply 283January 5, 2023 3:16 PM

r282 He could highlight it if he really believed it by giving up his titles. He clings to them . He is very invested in his version of monarchy were other people are the spares to him.

by Anonymousreply 284January 5, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote]“Please, boys,” Harry quotes his father as saying. “Don’t make my final years a misery.”

I found this to be so sad, and I'm not even a huge fan of Charles. Poor guy. And all of it played out so publicly.

by Anonymousreply 285January 5, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote]This is nothing to do with "uptight" Brits and free and open Americans, although it is true that the Duchess of Sussex made absolutely no effort to understand a country and people whom she was supposed to be a representative of. By telling Kate she had "baby brain", she was basically telling her that she was confused and didn't know what she was doing or saying. Even Americans can understand that, which is why the reaction to Harry and Meghan in the US, their target audience, has been far less positive than they were hoping for.

And what was the context of the "Baby brain" remark from Meghan to Kate, how exactly was it delivered? That matters, a lot actually. I see that Harry left that part out, the contextualization. Those details are key to understanding what went on.

I doubt Meghan made a simple innocent offhand comment to Kate. She was irritated, tense and pissed in the run up to her wedding, that's been confirmed with mulitple stories. I bet she snarled it, was snippy and mean, and in that context it was more like an insult and attack than an offhand, flippant comment. Nothing Meghan does is simple or innocent, in most instances.

by Anonymousreply 286January 5, 2023 3:22 PM

re the link at r267: Charles has ALWAYS had an awkward and dorky sense of humor. Gallows humor, really, it what I'd call it. What an ass Harry is - he doesn't even give his own father a break. He knows his father's personality and that he wasn't being 'sadistic' in the least. The latter term is ALL Meghan, right there. Ghostwriter indeed.

by Anonymousreply 287January 5, 2023 3:25 PM

r282, I was hoping for something similar; that Harry would simply attack the concept of monarchy, highlight the huge financial waste, and ultimately topple the entire institution because it's all so silly and outmoded.

All the personal drama is throwing him off track and discrediting him. There's a better way to accomplish his goal but I wish he had smarter advisers around him.

by Anonymousreply 288January 5, 2023 3:26 PM

Prince Harry says woman with ‘powers’ relayed message from Diana

In his highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, Prince Harry describes how his sadness over the death of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, led him to seek help from a woman who “claimed to have ‘powers’” and to be able to relay a message. Harry and William in London in September, following the death of the Queen. The Guardian obtained a copy of Harry’s autobiography.

“You’re living the life she couldn’t,” Harry says the woman told him. “You’re living the life she wanted for you.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 5, 2023 3:29 PM

R288

[quote] ...that Harry would simply attack the concept of monarchy, highlight the huge financial waste, and ultimately topple the entire institution

Please.

Harry is entitled. And Jealous. And clings to his titles and his "privileges".

He doesn't want the source of his privileges gone!!! He wants more privileges.

This is the guy who threw a fit that his uniform didn't have the correct embroidery when he was permitted to wear it during the Queen's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 290January 5, 2023 3:31 PM

Why should Harry EVER give his father a break after the way he treated his mother? Really, why?

by Anonymousreply 291January 5, 2023 3:31 PM

The business with his father saying "Maybe I'm not your real father" had nothing to do with James Hewitt. Charles was making a joke about a man he met in a mental institution who claimed Charles was an imposter because he claimed he was the real Prince of Wales.

Charles was joking that the man might have been telling the truth and genuinely was the real prince of Wales. he never mentioned James Hewitt. That was Harry's imputation.

I'll post the link in the next post.

by Anonymousreply 292January 5, 2023 3:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 5, 2023 3:33 PM

My brother and I nearly killed one another growing up. And then we grew up. After a certain age sibling violence is trashy. Team Harry on this one

by Anonymousreply 294January 5, 2023 3:34 PM

"With its raw, unflinching honesty, Spare is a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief."

From what has been leaked so far from the book and the 60 Minutes interview I don't see much in the way of self-examination, but I do see a whole lot of navel gazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 5, 2023 3:36 PM

He's plainly trying to do maximum damage. Terrible little man.

by Anonymousreply 296January 5, 2023 3:36 PM

Lol r282, Sussex stans are so naive. Harry's problems with his family are all personal gripes and nothing to do with politics, values, racism, a modern society.

Whether Britain has a monarchy or not is up to the British people, not some resentful, seething expat in California. On which point, all Harry has achieved is to increase sympathy for Charles and William in the UK, while turning himself into a hate figure.

by Anonymousreply 297January 5, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]Why should Harry EVER give his father a break after the way he treated his mother? Really, why?

Why should anyone believe anything that Harry or Megs says after the way she treated her ex-husband or her family? Really, why?

The holier-than-thou stance from the Harkles is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 298January 5, 2023 3:40 PM

R294 is one of those incredibly naive people who actually believes Harry's convoluted and contradictory versions of events.

by Anonymousreply 299January 5, 2023 3:42 PM

I was in an early morning work meeting--not paying attention to what was being discussed, as usual. I was flipping through news sites and read the Harry/William smack down in The Washington Post.

I started laughing at the "ripped my necklace off" line--forgetting I was in a meeting. Everyone stopped talking and asked what I was laughing at. I confessed I had been reading gossip instead of listening to the meeting. I gave them a quick rundown of what I read and the rest of the work meeting became about that!

There were 10 women on the call, and only one defended Harry. I was surprised that the rest--mainly suburban-mom types--found it equally hilarious that William kicked Harry's ass. A few said they were sympathetic toward H/M in the beginning of the exit but now consider them pathetic.

Since then, everyone on the call has been sending funny bits from the new leaks via Teams chat. Even the one defender was laughing at the choice bits we plucked from the news stories. We're getting no work done today. And will get no work done on book release day.

by Anonymousreply 300January 5, 2023 3:53 PM

Why should anyone believe the uncoroborrated hallucinations of a wholly unwell Saint Di? Really, why?

by Anonymousreply 301January 5, 2023 3:53 PM

Charles & Diana had a miserable marriage which didn't even endure for a decade, neither one was a saint.

They began the process of formally ending it just over 30 years ago with the separation. I'm fairly sure that she wouldn't have been as bitter as Harry at this point, had she lived.

by Anonymousreply 302January 5, 2023 4:03 PM

Harry's a moron for not spinning the "baby brain" comment better. That one is gonna hurt.

by Anonymousreply 303January 5, 2023 4:05 PM

If one wanted, one could create a podcast about nasty, passive aggressive women who use the term "baby brain" when referring to their very pregnant (or recently pregnant) (whichever it was) future sister-in -law during a disagreement.

If the comment came from Kate to M, you can bet there would have been a whole podcast about such insulting, demeaning, rude, abrasive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 304January 5, 2023 4:11 PM

Kate came to my home after I had the baby. She brought sprinkles cookies!

I threw them in the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 305January 5, 2023 4:14 PM

A friend told me the story of being placed on a table at age five by her father. "Jump," he said with outstretched arms. She did and, at the last second, he withdrew his arms and she fell on the floor. "This is your first lesson," he said. "Never trust anyone."

Think about all the people who've been sexually molested by family members, beaten, thrown out because they were gay.

This is why I can't bring myself to care about Harry. He's been given so much and has done nothing with it. Make what you will of his wife. She reminds me of a recruiter for a multi-level-marketing scheme

by Anonymousreply 306January 5, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote]Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book

Spare us. Please.

by Anonymousreply 307January 5, 2023 4:16 PM

I can’t speak to baby brain but COVID brain is real. Harry is an idiot to bring that up.

by Anonymousreply 308January 5, 2023 4:17 PM

[QUOTE]Why should anyone believe anything that Harry or Megs says after the way she treated her ex-husband or her family? Really, why?

Now you William stans care about Meg’s ex and family? OMG you people are so obsessed with hating her it’s unreal. Scary too.

by Anonymousreply 309January 5, 2023 4:17 PM

R309, spare us the outrage.

For the billionth time, there’s no hate for them. We call them out for their hypocrisy, their lies and their grifting ways.

by Anonymousreply 310January 5, 2023 4:19 PM

R288 Not your monarchy, not your money, not your country and not your business.

And to think how all of you fat arseholes lost your shit when Harry called the 1st Amendment “bonkers” - yet it’s fine for you to weigh in on how another nation chooses to do things.

by Anonymousreply 311January 5, 2023 4:23 PM

"He's been given so much and has done nothing with it."

This. There is nothing there. There was nothing there way before Megan.

by Anonymousreply 312January 5, 2023 4:24 PM

But I would have given so much had it just not been for the narrative of the press, prompted by leaks from the palace, all arranged by my arch-nemesis my brother!!

by Anonymousreply 313January 5, 2023 4:26 PM

If he’s really written this as the man he’s become, not the Prince he was born, he’s not become a very good man.

by Anonymousreply 314January 5, 2023 4:29 PM

Harry used cocaine, but says he didn't enjoy it.

[quote] "Of course I had been taking cocaine at that time. At someone's house, during a hunting weekend, I was offered a line, and since then I had consumed some more," Sky quoted him as saying in the book.

[quote]"It wasn't very fun, and it didn't make me feel especially happy as seems to happen to others, but it did make me feel different, and that was my main objective.

[quote]"To feel. To be different. I was a 17-year-old willing to try almost anything that would alter the pre-established order."

[quote] "At least, that's what I was trying to convince myself of."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 5, 2023 4:30 PM

Bullshit. Clips from that Netflix docu show him with huge pupils. He's still doing coke (or adderal, or...)

by Anonymousreply 316January 5, 2023 4:33 PM

R315 once again blaming someone else for his actions. “I was offered a line” of cocaine. Surprised he didn’t describe this person as a shadowy pusher who lured innocent Harry into an opium den.

by Anonymousreply 317January 5, 2023 4:37 PM

[quote] So. I'm not invested in any of this but I hang on DL and see these non-stop, hate-filled threads focused on Harry and Meghan. The level of contempt and hostility is absolutely mind-blowing. Can anyone tell me what exactly they did?

R254, it's a soap opera. This is a gossip site...whenever you see a thread about any of these undeservedly privileged nitwits with unearned wealth, just hear the mantra...pointless bitchery, pointless bitchery, pointless bitchery!

by Anonymousreply 318January 5, 2023 4:40 PM

Ah, the "can someone tell me what they did" troll? You know you could just hang out in a thread of another topic, right?

by Anonymousreply 319January 5, 2023 4:42 PM

How ironic that the sympathetic characters in this whole drama are Chuck & Camilla. Chuck has to beg his grown sons to behave, all while Camilla has to deal with Chuck and his behind the scenes tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 320January 5, 2023 4:45 PM

Shlapfesht.

by Anonymousreply 321January 5, 2023 4:50 PM

Really, R320? I think that comment makes Charles look dysfunctional as hell as it frames this whole saga as a fight between William and Harry. How is William to blame for anything that has occurred? Weak kneed Charles didn't raise Harry right and now William and Kate have to pay the price? William and Kate are just trying to live their life.

by Anonymousreply 322January 5, 2023 4:50 PM

Kate came to my home after I had Archie.

She brought over some of George’s baby clothes. As if I would accept hand-me-downs.

That bitch!

by Anonymousreply 323January 5, 2023 4:50 PM

So is Kate vindicated now? Meghan claimed Kate made her cry, but now it sounds as though Meghan was rude to Kate first. (Yes, it's all a bit schoolyard, but there it is.)

by Anonymousreply 324January 5, 2023 4:55 PM

R316 throughout the interviews he's always sniffing and playing with his nose....

by Anonymousreply 325January 5, 2023 5:02 PM

What r269 wrote a million times.

Markle already probably regrets wanting so badly what she has.

I see divorced people.

by Anonymousreply 326January 5, 2023 5:03 PM

I hope the royals just "keep calm and carry on." Harry is increasingly looking like a tattletale who is desperately trying to provoke his family into some kind of public statement. Best for the royals not to wade into Harry and Meghan's toxic mess.

by Anonymousreply 327January 5, 2023 5:04 PM

I could never show my face in front of all my relatives at Charles' coronation if I was Harry. He has thrown everyone under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 328January 5, 2023 5:06 PM

Does he mention Uncle Andy? Or is all his tattling just on his brother and father.

by Anonymousreply 329January 5, 2023 5:07 PM

I don't see now how they can invite to the coronation, and I thought there was no turning back after the initial confirmation they were to be invited.

by Anonymousreply 330January 5, 2023 5:07 PM

Just to flesh it out, Charles is in a difficult position. His heir has been attacked very significantly. The Queen backed Charles despite her disapproval of his affair with Camilla. Enough sure is enough at some point?

by Anonymousreply 331January 5, 2023 5:08 PM

The Telegraph now reporting it has a copy, so safe to assume everybody has a copy and it will all be public by tomorrow at the latest.

by Anonymousreply 332January 5, 2023 5:09 PM

I’m betting he stays away from Uncle Andy R329 as allegedly Megs met Andy before she met Harry.

by Anonymousreply 333January 5, 2023 5:12 PM

Interesting that at this very forum posters are ALWAYS complaining of terrible relationships with their own siblings but apparently believe that there can be no such discord in the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 334January 5, 2023 5:17 PM

There's two big bombs yet: who asked about the baby and if he'd dare go near the Rose lie. If you want revenge, you'd bring that back to life.

by Anonymousreply 335January 5, 2023 5:18 PM

Actual footage of whiny puss Prince Harry being pushed over by Prince William

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 5, 2023 5:19 PM

No mention of Andrew has been reported, but Harry WAS upset that Camilla converted his old bedroom into a dressing room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 5, 2023 5:20 PM

^^^Imagine that cow having a "dressing room." More like a stable.

by Anonymousreply 338January 5, 2023 5:23 PM

The book's title should have been "Spare No Grudge"

by Anonymousreply 339January 5, 2023 5:23 PM

What's weird is that Harry (and maybe Meghan too) seem to think they have something to negotiate with, that at some point they will get their desired extra money, half-and-half status, HRHs for the kids and a grovelling public apology - just one more push! All in the teeth of constant and sustained evidence to the contrary. There seems to be no real Plan B.

by Anonymousreply 340January 5, 2023 5:32 PM

According to Harry William and Kate were huge Suits fans!

When the “Harry & Meghan” stars began dating two years prior to their nuptials, Prince William and Kate Middleton allegedly had a surprising reaction to the news.

The Prince of Wales, 40, allegedly told his younger brother to “f–k off,” Harry writes in “Spare.”

“I was baffled, until Willy and Kate explained that they were regular — nay, religious — viewers of ‘Suits,'” he recalls, joking that he was worried “about the wrong thing” and was not expecting them to “barrage” him with questions.

“All this time I’d thought Willy and Kate might not welcome Meg into the family, but now I had to worry about them hounding her for an autograph,” the prince explains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 5, 2023 5:34 PM

R337...omigod! This is so unbelievably petty!!

This occurred a decade ago. Meanwhile in Iran today teenagers are facing the death penalty for protesting against the regime there!

Get over yourself, you nitwit!

by Anonymousreply 342January 5, 2023 5:39 PM

r289 He's utterly lost the plot by admitting that.

by Anonymousreply 343January 5, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote] but apparently believe that there can be no such discord in the BRF.

"Posters" apparently believe that??

You'll have to offer proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 344January 5, 2023 5:43 PM

[quote]No mention of Andrew has been reported, but Harry WAS upset that Camilla converted his old bedroom into a dressing room.

I mean, no one ever likes seeing their father marry their mistress and make them their stepmother (no one), but it happens. And the bedroom conversion might be irritating, except that Harry was no kid but a grown man in his twenties when this happened, and Clarence House (or Highgrove) are vast mansions with so many rooms one could easily simply find another bedroom. It's not like they lived in a split-level in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 345January 5, 2023 5:46 PM

R254 anybody who starts a post with “So.” immediately reveals themselves as a fucking idiot. Back to LSA with you and don’t forget your insulin.

by Anonymousreply 346January 5, 2023 5:47 PM

[quote]Harry used cocaine, but says he didn't enjoy it.

Bullshit! absolute BS. You know he loved it.

[quote]Surprised he didn’t describe this person as a shadowy pusher who lured innocent Harry into an opium den.

I'm just surprised he didn't blame William for it! Like for everything else that happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 347January 5, 2023 5:48 PM

Kate was the pusher man.

by Anonymousreply 348January 5, 2023 5:49 PM

R334: the Pepsi is at LSA. Back you go, my little diabetic chess piece.

by Anonymousreply 349January 5, 2023 5:51 PM

In the book, Harry even recounts how he lost his virginity. I hope this book isn't going to be full of American spelling.

[quote]Prince Harry describes losing his virginity as 'a humiliating episode'

[quote]In his autobiography, Prince Harry has spoken about how he lost his virginity with an "older lady" who "loved horses very much".

[quote]He described the moment as "a humiliating episode" and says it took place "in a field".

[quote]The excerpt read: "I mounted her quickly, after which she spanked my ass and held me back… one of my mistakes was letting it happen in a field, just behind a busy pub.

[quote]"No doubt someone had seen us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350January 5, 2023 5:52 PM

Good god! Talk about oversharing. Why did we need to hear about that.

by Anonymousreply 351January 5, 2023 5:54 PM

Telegraph reporting now Kate [italic]demanded[/italic] an apology from Harry's first wife over the baby brain crack and Harry also did shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 352January 5, 2023 5:55 PM

Princess Diana 'saw Archie break a Christmas ornament'

During Prince Harry's visit to a woman with "powers" to try and reach out to his late mother, he was told she was with him when his son smashed a Christmas ornament.

Earlier in the book, Harry recounts how a Christmas tree ornament in the shape of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, was accidentally smashed by his son, Archie, according to The Guardian (which has obtained a copy of the memoir).

The woman, the Duke writes, repeated that his mother was there when the incident happened.

She said: "Your mother says … something about a Christmas ornament? Of a mother? Or a grandmother? It fell? Broke?"

Harry said: "Archie tried to fix it."

The woman said: "Your mother says she had a bit of a giggle about that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 5, 2023 5:56 PM

It's all just so depressingly petty. Less really is more.

by Anonymousreply 354January 5, 2023 5:57 PM

I am getting the impression that the ghost writer - who apparently is no hack - gave up trying to ghost write with Meghan looking over his shoulder and correcting proofs (you know this happened) and focused on spelling, grammar and corralling random thoughts from that imbecile then took the money and ran.

by Anonymousreply 355January 5, 2023 5:57 PM

Oversharing is our brand!!!

by Anonymousreply 356January 5, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote] Harry recounts how a Christmas tree ornament in the shape of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, was accidentally smashed by his son, Archie

NEVER HAPPENED. You’re not subtle, Meg.

by Anonymousreply 357January 5, 2023 5:59 PM

R355, the director the Netflix farce looks a fool and now perhaps this guy looks one too.

by Anonymousreply 358January 5, 2023 5:59 PM

You know, I can see exactly that happening r355. I bet she was involved all the way, and interfering.

by Anonymousreply 359January 5, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote]Oversharing is our brand!!!

How long until this?:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 5, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote]Harry’s resentment of being the “spare” is the unifying theme of his book,

JFC this whining little redheaded bitch. What a horrible fate, being "the spare." You get to live in palaces and castles your whole life, you're waited on hand and foot, you never have to worry about paying a bill. Hell, you never even see the bills. Everything is taken care of for you. Your biggest problem in life is that you'll never be the king, and will always be a prince.

The life of a prince is SO HARD, y'all!

Seriously, he can just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 361January 5, 2023 6:01 PM

And when the money runs low, this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 5, 2023 6:02 PM

SIRS, HOW CAN HE SLAP?!?

by Anonymousreply 363January 5, 2023 6:02 PM

Is anyone buying the stuff about William and Kate being huge Suits fans before meeting Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 364January 5, 2023 6:03 PM

You can imagine the writer and the publisher in conference rooms, laughing their bags off:

"And then he told me..."

"We're gonna make so much fucking money...."

by Anonymousreply 365January 5, 2023 6:04 PM

"Where's the fucking Krazy Glue??"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366January 5, 2023 6:04 PM

R350, Harry doesn’t seem to enjoy much of anything, does he?

by Anonymousreply 367January 5, 2023 6:05 PM

Prince Harry Claims Prince William Told Him He Couldn’t Marry at the Same Venue He and Kate Wed

[quote] “On our return from the trip I rang Willy, sounded him out, asked his thoughts about where we might get married,” he continued. “I told him we were thinking of Westminster Abbey. ‘No good. We did it there.’ ‘Right, right. St. Paul’s?’ ‘Too grand. Plus Pa and Mummy did it there.’ ‘Hm. Yes Good point.'” The BetterUp CIO claimed William reminded him that he wanted a “small, quiet wedding” with Meghan, 41. “In fact we wanted to explore. Barefoot in Botswana, with maybe a friend officiating, that was our dream,” he wrote. “But we were expected to share this moment with other people. It wasn’t up to us.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 5, 2023 6:05 PM

Looking forward to him talking about calling a fellow soldier a paki.

by Anonymousreply 369January 5, 2023 6:06 PM

^ Oh, bullshit. Christ. Who's his dealer? It's good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 370January 5, 2023 6:06 PM

This whole thing about William now being his enemy, his "archnemesis" - ffs, they were close as anything growing up and well into adulthood. Anyone with a brain could see that. They had the exact same circle of pals and friends, for many years, and hung out together at the same hangouts. Does anyone believe they were mortal enemies, before Meghan entered the picture?

I mean, this is her whole goal, to alienate him from his brother, SIL and family at large. Even the word "archnemesis" is straight from her vocabulary and playbook! That's not a work that Harry would ever use.

by Anonymousreply 371January 5, 2023 6:06 PM

work = word in r371

by Anonymousreply 372January 5, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote]Princess Diana 'saw Archie break a Christmas ornament'

She knows when Archie's sleeping

She knows when he's awake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 5, 2023 6:09 PM

BS at r368. Solid baloney - Harry and Meghan didn't completely have a say in the choice of venue. As a distant heir, he was told it was St George's or a similarly smaller venue. He wasn't offered St Paul's (too big, grand) or even the Abbey (again too grand, that's for direct heirs). The BRF and the Queen were trying to be cost-conscious, there was a lot of discussion re the optics surrounding Harry's wedding as the 6th in line and how to keep the occasion suitably fancy while being appropriate to his rank and place in succession. Plus, it was Meghan's second marriage, those optics were also discussed at the time.

by Anonymousreply 374January 5, 2023 6:09 PM

Well, she does babysit for them, R373.

by Anonymousreply 375January 5, 2023 6:09 PM

at R341: ---------- “I was baffled, until Willy and Kate explained that they were regular — nay, religious — viewers of ‘Suits,'” he recalls, joking that he was worried “about the wrong thing” and was not expecting them to “barrage” him with questions.

“All this time I’d thought Willy and Kate might not welcome Meg into the family, but now I had to worry about them hounding her for an autograph,” the prince explains. ---------- Hardly anyone in the US was familiar with the show Suits, and you expect us to believe that two young parents from Britain love that show?

by Anonymousreply 376January 5, 2023 6:10 PM

“All this time I’d thought Willy and Kate might not welcome Meg into the family, but now I had to worry about them hounding her for an autograph,” the prince explains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 5, 2023 6:11 PM

Kinda seems like with every new snippet it's going downhill for Harry. He peaked with the dog bowl broken necklace fight.

by Anonymousreply 378January 5, 2023 6:13 PM

God this is hilarious. By tomorrow morning we'll have the whole shitshow read, filtered through a retranslation from Spanish. The memes this will spawn: the mounting/spanking in the field behind the pub, the coke and shrooms, the pregnancy brain spat, the broken necklace, Diana sending messages via leopards and Christmas ornaments. And then those 25 dead chess pieces.

Harry, what have you done?

by Anonymousreply 379January 5, 2023 6:14 PM

There isn’t a teenaged boy on earth who felt humiliated about losing his virginity.

He most likely zipped up and went back into the pub and told all his mates.

And English people say “arse” not “ass”.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 380January 5, 2023 6:14 PM

So he's attacked the heir to the throne, he's attacked Kate and he's attacked Camilla.

I had argued before that they will do anything to keep up appearances. Now I don't think the appearances they'd be keeping up are worth the result. So where does this leave Charles? This is a deliberate, excessive betrayal. (which is backfiring) but can Charles really stick with doing nothing? These cretins at the coronation?

by Anonymousreply 381January 5, 2023 6:17 PM

R376, I don't know about the UK, but I do know that in Germany tons of people watched Suits (and still do). I heard about it for years and was always baffled by why in the era of peak TV it became such a hit. Germans were watching it dubbed, which probably improves it, but Kate and William must just have awful taste.

by Anonymousreply 382January 5, 2023 6:18 PM

[quote] the Abbey (again too grand, that's for direct heirs).

To be fair, Prince Andrew and Fergie married in Westminster Abbey, as did Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong-Jones, and also Princess Anne and Captian mark Phillips. Andrew, Margaret, and Anne were none of them the direct heirs.

But I agree this conversation likely never happened. He knew full well the family was trying to downscale royal weddings since his Uncle Edward married Sophie Rhys-Jones in St. George's Chapel

by Anonymousreply 383January 5, 2023 6:18 PM

He also revealed that both him and Will are circumcised. Not even joking.

“My penis was a matter of public record, and indeed some public curiosity,” Harry writes. “The press had written about it extensively. There were countless stories in books, and papers (even The New York Times) about Willy and me not being circumcised.”

He adds, “Mummy had forbidden it, they all said, and while it’s absolutely true that the chance of getting penile frostbite is much greater if you’re not circumcised, all the stories were false. I was snipped as a baby.”

Harry had been discussing how his penis was “frostnipped” during his trip to Antarctica prior to William’s wedding to Kate Middleton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 5, 2023 6:19 PM

R376 to be fair Suits did used to be shown on Dave at about 9pm. Which is roughly the peak crap TV can reach in the UK. I can believe they used to hate watch it

by Anonymousreply 385January 5, 2023 6:20 PM

Good god! the royal penises aren't even sacred. Sacre bleu!

r383, Andrew and Anne were the children of the sitting monarch, Harry was not (that point should have been made). Margaret was the daughter of a late King and only sister/sibling of the current Queen when she wed. Plus, she had a high sense of hauteur and grandeur, she would have thrown a fit at being made to wed at Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 386January 5, 2023 6:22 PM

Someone sign the commitment papers. What a fucking dupe the ghost writer found. Holy fuck. His dick?

by Anonymousreply 387January 5, 2023 6:23 PM

To build on R386... Margaret's wedding was in ancient days (1960). Princess Alexandra was married at Westminster Abbey too (1963.) In those days, the extended royal family still got a lot of the perks.

by Anonymousreply 388January 5, 2023 6:25 PM

Yes, British royal weddings have been smaller from the 90s onwards. I think St George's is a much nicer venue than Westminster Abbey, actually. It has a fairytale quality to it. Westminster Abbey is a bit sterile.

by Anonymousreply 389January 5, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote]Kinda seems like with every new snippet it's going downhill for Harry.

R378, I wish you'd saved that line for the chapter on the dick's dick.

by Anonymousreply 390January 5, 2023 6:26 PM

He's quite petty!

He wrote: 'I looked at Willy, really looked at him, perhaps for the first time since we were little, taking in every detail: his familiar scowl, which had always been the norm in his dealings with me'.

He said that his brother's baldness was 'alarming' and 'advanced than mine' and said his resemblance their mother had 'faded'.

by Anonymousreply 391January 5, 2023 6:27 PM

Honestly, it's a blessing the Queen is dead. This is the lowest.

by Anonymousreply 392January 5, 2023 6:27 PM

Prince Harry is the Kevin McCarthy of royals.

by Anonymousreply 393January 5, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote]Kate came to my home after I had Archie. She brought over some of George’s baby clothes. As if I would accept hand-me-downs. That bitch!

It's even worse than that Megs! She pilfered baby stuff from the donation box & brought it over to your house. She didn't even wash it first - it probably was full of scabies!

by Anonymousreply 394January 5, 2023 6:31 PM

[quote] “Meg’s hairdresser had come in from France for the rehearsal and the tiara still wasn’t there,” Harry explained, alleging that he attempted to call Her Majesty’s “dresser and confidant” several times to no avail.

[quote] The Archewell cofounder claimed that the dressmaker finally “appeared out of thin air” and handed him a release form to sign along with the diadem.

[quote] “I thanked her, though I added that it would’ve made our lives so much easier to have had it sooner. Her eyes were fire,” the prince alleged, adding that he could “read in her face” a “clear warning.”

Who the fuck talks to their staff like that? I can't believe Harry thinks this story puts him and Meghan in a good light. They want to portray themselves as philanthropists, and here they are whinging about a diamond-studded tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 5, 2023 6:32 PM

R391, it's a metaphor, too. The little nitwit is saying I'm the true heir to our mother's legacy. Willy has become one of them. He's really giving it to his father's family.

the claim that he killed 25 Afghans. It's completely boastful. There is no sense of reflection of what he did. And as one commentator said, he's put his family at risk by saying it.

by Anonymousreply 396January 5, 2023 6:32 PM

[quote] brother's baldness was 'alarming' and 'advanced than mine'

I know self reflection clearly isn't his thing. But has he not looked in a mirror lately? I genuinly burst into laughter when the camera zoomed in on his scalp as the queen's funeral procession went under admiralty arch.

by Anonymousreply 397January 5, 2023 6:33 PM

At least his brother's head doesn't look like a Chia pet.

by Anonymousreply 398January 5, 2023 6:35 PM

His brother's balding is more advanced than his simply because his brother is older.

Sooner rather than later Harry will be a bald as a cueball. Right now he just looks like he has the mange.

by Anonymousreply 399January 5, 2023 6:38 PM

Remember this was all meant to be published before the Queen's death too.

by Anonymousreply 400January 5, 2023 6:40 PM

Who was waiting for his explanation about using Paki?

Ta da!

"Prince Harry has claimed he 'didn't know P*** was an insult' when he notoriously used the racial slur to describe a fellow soldier from Pakistan.

In an extract from his upcoming autobiography Spare, the Duke of Sussex said he 'heard many people use the word' as a child and 'had not seen anyone wince or get upset' and that he had not considered them to be racist.

He added: 'And I didn't know anything about unconscious biases either. I was twenty-one years old, I had grown isolated from the real world and wrapped in privilege, and I believed that word was the same as 'Yankee.' Harmless.' "

by Anonymousreply 401January 5, 2023 6:40 PM

By what reckoning did he, all by his widdle self, kill 25 Afghans? There are way too many stories from his fellow soldiers that he wasn't allowed on the front lines and sat around playing video games.

Hopefully, he was referring to enemy combatants, not civilians or livestock.

by Anonymousreply 402January 5, 2023 6:42 PM

“Regular, nay - religious”.

Who talks like this apart from Oxford dons? Certainly not an illiterate clod who barely made it through high school without cheating?

by Anonymousreply 403January 5, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote] I had grown isolated from the real world and wrapped in privilege

He's still wrapped in privilege

by Anonymousreply 404January 5, 2023 6:44 PM

[quote]He’s still wrapped in privilege.

And now, so am I!

Those fake orgasms paid off!

by Anonymousreply 405January 5, 2023 6:51 PM

I honestly thought the description of Harry losing his virginity was a parody at first

by Anonymousreply 406January 5, 2023 6:58 PM

The older woman he lost his virginity to is rumored to have been Elizabeth Hurley.

by Anonymousreply 407January 5, 2023 7:10 PM

Me, too, R407. I was laughing so hard. It sounded like he was going to “mount” a filly (not Camilla!) in “the field.” All that was missing was rolling around in dog shit.

Talk about Wham Bam, Thank You, Ma’am! Not even Phillip would have been so crass — he would at least have fucked inside the pub.

Royals in their graves are spinning away!

by Anonymousreply 408January 5, 2023 7:18 PM

I mean R406

by Anonymousreply 409January 5, 2023 7:19 PM

This is a second Christmas for the tabloids and gossip boards. And now that everyone will have soon read it all, his two promo interviews will land completely differently. No more gravitas of desiring reconciliation and denouncing leaking and briefing against this comedic backdrop of Liz Hurley using him like a stallion and clarifications of his wife's petty feuds.

by Anonymousreply 410January 5, 2023 7:22 PM

Anderson m-m-m-ust be sp-sp-sp-spittin' mad.

by Anonymousreply 411January 5, 2023 7:23 PM

[quote]“In fact we wanted to explore Barefoot in Botswana, with maybe a friend officiating, that was our dream,” he wrote. “But we were expected to share this moment with other people. It wasn’t up to us.”

But we were expected to share this moment with other people, *including a raft of celebrities we'd never met*

It's a long way from Barefoot in Botswana to asking (first) for Westminster Abbey, flying in a hairdresser from France and snapping at an aide over a tiara, then jumping into a £350,000 Jaguar... No middle ground?

In the NF series they said they were advised not to invite Meghan's niece to the wedding, so they didn't. It wasn't up to them, of course.

Nothing will ever be up to them; if it were, they wouldn't be able to play the endless blame and grumble game that they have monetized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 5, 2023 7:27 PM

Hilary (Hilarious) Rose, in The Times:

"If you take all the noise away, and all the Cain and Abel sibling rivalry stuff that their mother would have sorted out in five minutes by knocking their heads together, the bottom line is that Harry married someone his family and friends just didn’t like very much. Everyone tried, but to no avail. Maybe if Kate had been more of a hugger it might have been different. We’ve all been there. We all have friends who married people we’d rather they hadn’t, but there we are. The difference with Harry is that it gets written about, and instead of ignoring it, he picks at it like a sore. In the book, he apparently accuses William of not liking Meghan because he was swayed by horrid stories about her, missing the obvious point: why would William need to read them? He’d met her."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 5, 2023 7:30 PM

Don Lemon criticizing him on CNN...thought he was Team Harkle?

by Anonymousreply 414January 5, 2023 7:46 PM

Don Lemon absolutely was Team Harkle previously.

For him to have shifted shows Harry's now gone too far,

by Anonymousreply 415January 5, 2023 7:48 PM

It's how the American ghostwriter thinks posh Brits talk, r403.

by Anonymousreply 416January 5, 2023 7:54 PM

More revelations! Charles forbade Harry from bringing Meghan to Balmoral after the Queen's death. harry is furious even though Kate was also not allowed to come.

[quote]In his book, Harry also claims that his father told him that Meghan should not come to Balmoral. The Queen was staying at her Scottish estate when she died last September.

[quote] The prince wrote: "Then my father called again. He told me I was welcome at Balmoral, but… without her. He started to explain his reasons, but they didn't make any sense at all, and it was disrespectful as well. I did not tolerate it from him.

[quote] "Don't even think about talking about my wife like that.

[quote] "Repentant, he said, stammering, that he simply didn't want the place to be full of people. Nobody's wife was going to go, not even Kate, he told me, so Meg shouldn't either."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 5, 2023 8:12 PM

All the nonsense about the wedding...WTF???

We could not have Westminster Abbey??? This bloody nitwit was lucky he got the wedding he did.

It was her second trip down the aisle. His father went to the Registry Office.

The woman who was Princess Margaret's close confidant. She wrote her memoir a couple of years ago. She said that Meghan believed royal life was all about wearing tiaras and riding in carriages. She was right.

What pointless bitchery coming from Harry! After Willy tore his necklace in their catfight, Harold has resorted to writing a book length Data Lounge thread!!

by Anonymousreply 418January 5, 2023 8:13 PM

R275 it was William - according to a friend who is Royal adjacent - and I agree with your analysis too

by Anonymousreply 419January 5, 2023 8:16 PM

Why would Harry think Meghan should get to go to Balmoral after the Queen's death when he was told Kate was forbidden too, and he knows Kate outranks Meghan??

Second, when his father called him Charles was by that point the King of the United Kingdom, and was head of the family and the owner of Balmoral Castle. He absolutely 100% gets to decide who does or does not get to enter his own castle--it was absolutely not for Harry to decide.

Yet again we see Harry wants it both ways. He wants ALL the privileges and perks of being a prince, yet he is unwilling to recognize that the whole point of his position is to recognize his father is above him and gets to tell him what to do with respect to things like visiting Balmoral.

He is the biggest hypocrite in the world.

by Anonymousreply 420January 5, 2023 8:17 PM

"Tell your dear father that I WILL go to Balmoral. WITH MY PHONE. We need more money shots for Netflix!!"

by Anonymousreply 421January 5, 2023 8:21 PM

r414 What did Don Lemon say?

by Anonymousreply 422January 5, 2023 8:22 PM

Oh dear...

Prince Harry reveals in ‘Spare’ that he ‘snapped’ at Meghan Markle in ‘cruel’ fight that led to therapy:

“She was calm, but said in a quiet, level tone that she would never stand for being spoken to like that. I nodded.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 5, 2023 8:24 PM

The police have produced a reenactment of the vile crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 5, 2023 8:25 PM

Oh boy, she has him set up for "mental abuse" when she decides to leave him

by Anonymousreply 425January 5, 2023 8:25 PM

R422, he said it was all “gauche.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 5, 2023 8:26 PM

R424, is that The Nott Cott Tapestry or The Montecito Tapestry?

by Anonymousreply 427January 5, 2023 8:28 PM

ITV News (which will be airing an interview with Harry on Sunday) was covering The Shove earlier. The newsreader said something along the lines of "The kitchen in question featured in Harry and Meghan's Netflix show, in which they commented on how small their house was." The second part of that sentence was completely unnecessary; it was clearly a dig.

by Anonymousreply 428January 5, 2023 8:28 PM

Lemon is right. He is a grown man with children. His brother also has children that may read or will eventually read all this dirty laundry.

Distasteful to air everything in public like this.

by Anonymousreply 429January 5, 2023 8:33 PM

Stop the presses:

[quote] The uncomfortable encounter allegedly went down before the Sussexes’ and the Waleses’ Royal Foundation Forum appearance in 2018, when Harry’s new wife asked to borrow Kate’s lip gloss when she forgot hers — an “American thing,” as the Duke of Sussex called it.

[quote] “Kate, taken aback, went into her handbag and reluctantly pulled out a small tube,” Harry wrote. “Meg squeezed some onto her finger and applied it to her lips. Kate grimaced.”

Is sharing lip gloss really an American thing? Sounds quite unhygienic to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 5, 2023 8:34 PM

Prince William is an alcoholic mess, and his wife Kate is a cunt.

I doubt they will really ascend to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 431January 5, 2023 8:34 PM

Its a waste of money to buy the book now. All the juicy deets are already out.

by Anonymousreply 432January 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Fuck no it not an American thing to share lip gloss or any such product. Americans are no more fond of catching herpes than the people of other nations. Meghan is a nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 433January 5, 2023 8:37 PM

This will fry some DLers.

[quote]He wrote he was circumcised (as is his brother and “archnemesis” William) despite reports to the contrary, the New York Post noted.

Look at his little face the year he said he lost his virginity to an older women who treated him like a horse. So young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 5, 2023 8:44 PM

We're huggers.

by Anonymousreply 435January 5, 2023 8:44 PM

Did he use a condom?

by Anonymousreply 436January 5, 2023 8:47 PM

I'm the arse slapper! Little ginger bugger was in and out in 10 seconds. I offered to teach him how to satisfy a woman, but the ungrateful git ran off into the night, pulling up his trousers!

by Anonymousreply 437January 5, 2023 8:50 PM

“When there were no other kids around, no common enemies, Willy and I used to fight each other.

“Once in Scotland, on the way to the River Spey, we began to argue, and soon a pitched battle broke out. The one where we were rolling back and forth, trading punches. My father jerked to a halt in the ditch and yelled at Willy to get out of the car.

“My father did not feel the need to explain. Outside Willy turned on me, furious. He was under the impression I always got my way.

“The convoy resumed. From time to time, he turned to look at me through the back window. I caught a glimpse of the future King of England, plotting his revenge.”

by Anonymousreply 438January 5, 2023 8:51 PM

R417, I would never have dreamed of talking to one of my parents like that on the day they lost their mum. Way to make your own granny's death all! about! Meghan! as per usual, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 439January 5, 2023 8:51 PM

Lip gloss gate! It’s a new low.

Kate is a well brought up gel so while I’m sure that she grimaced on the inside she would have maintained a blank visage.

It does sound as though Meg thought that she and Kate would be gal pals from the get go, showing a complete lack of understanding of the higher orders in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 440January 5, 2023 9:01 PM

R430, it’s like the forced “hugging” when Meghan first met Catherine—it’s unpleasant and boundary-crossing.

by Anonymousreply 441January 5, 2023 9:07 PM

Yes. The hugging and lip gloss request are Meghan's way of imposing herself on others. She enjoys making others uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 442January 5, 2023 9:10 PM

It isn't about 'the higher orders in the UK' British people rarely have instant friendships, it's more of a slow burn.

We are also terrible at faking it, often whispering cunt under our breath if someone is too gushing.

by Anonymousreply 443January 5, 2023 9:10 PM

R438, William was left on the road? That's pretty harsh. Why not put him in another car, since it's a "convoy."

by Anonymousreply 444January 5, 2023 9:11 PM

R444

Whoops here's the full quote:

“My father did not feel the need to explain. Outside Willy turned on me, furious. He was under the impression I always got my way. He got out of the car, headed decisively to the vehicle where the bodyguards were travelling, got in and fastened his seat belt, (since the loss of my mother, we always fastened our seatbelts).

“The convoy resumed. From time to time, he turned to look at me through the back window. I caught a glimpse of the future King of England, plotting his revenge.”

by Anonymousreply 445January 5, 2023 9:15 PM

There have been such outrageous bits of content—and many of them hilarious.

But, gotta say, the new leak about his conversation with his father immediately after the Queen died takes the motherf@cking cake.

His father had not only lost his mother suddenly (ok, I know she was 96, but seems like it was a heart attack or stroke so not expected to happen right then) but he was suddenly the king and dealing with the mounting of the entire nation.

And that motherf@cker has the crust to yell at him about Meghan in that moment?

I was with both of my parents when they died and the very last thing I wanted was a crowd in the room or at home immediately following their deaths. I certainly wouldn’t want an emotional vampire like Meghan who caused nothing but grief from day 1.

We all suspected the Royal Family didn’t want them around because they’d be recording private conversations. Turns out we were right. Harry is revealing every intimate moment.

What a motherf@cker!

They will never recover from this.

by Anonymousreply 446January 5, 2023 9:20 PM

If he'd directly aimed his venom at Charles he might have had a chance, by attacking Camilla (and Catherine) they've sealed their fate.

by Anonymousreply 447January 5, 2023 9:28 PM

R446, people like you genuinely concern me. You seem awfully worked up about a family of which no single me member gives a fuck about you or your opinion. Yet you seem to harbor genuine rage toward Harry.

What would satisfy you? His death? A public pronouncement that he’s been disinherited? What would it take to calm your nerves and prevent you from leaving psychotic rants on an online forum? Do tell. I’d rather you not have a heart attack or end up being visited by Scotland Yard or the FBI!!!

by Anonymousreply 448January 5, 2023 9:28 PM

Why all the @s?

by Anonymousreply 449January 5, 2023 9:29 PM

We're all adults.

by Anonymousreply 450January 5, 2023 9:29 PM

R431

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451January 5, 2023 9:30 PM

Can someone please post a readable link to the Hilary Rose piece from R413.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 452January 5, 2023 9:30 PM

[quote] “When there were no other kids around, no common enemies, Willy and I used to fight each other.

It sounds like William and Harry never had a great relationship.

by Anonymousreply 453January 5, 2023 9:30 PM

William and Harry never seemed particularly close, however, they ran with the same crowd and probably managed to have fun together as young adults.

by Anonymousreply 454January 5, 2023 9:33 PM

It sounds like Harry always resented William, or does now with his helpfully recovered memories of all the injustices done to him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 5, 2023 9:38 PM

So true, R448… the amount of insanely personal umbrage taken at Harry and Meghan by posters here is just bizarre.

It’s not as if the royals would piss on them if they were on fire lol.

by Anonymousreply 456January 5, 2023 9:42 PM

Shady gloss moves from a pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457January 5, 2023 9:42 PM

Oh, the diabetic chess pieces are here, defending the indefensible while stretching the boundaries of basic literacy.

by Anonymousreply 458January 5, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]but he was suddenly the king and dealing with the mounting of the entire nation.

Golly, there were only three of us in my marriage.

by Anonymousreply 459January 5, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]Why would Harry think Meghan should get to go to Balmoral after the Queen's death when he was told Kate was forbidden too, and he knows Kate outranks Meghan??

She's as close as he comes to a brain. Not much, but more than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 460January 5, 2023 9:57 PM

I think most of 'their' friend group were actually William's friends and Harry was allowed to tag along. There are stories of Harry having a hard time making and keeping friends because he was so petulant and prone to starting fights, just a real jackass. William took pity on him and allowed him to hang with the group. It is also supposedly the reason William went to school in Scotland - to have a life free from being Harry's keeper.

by Anonymousreply 461January 5, 2023 9:59 PM

William as depicted by Harry seems to be the epitome of common sense.

by Anonymousreply 462January 5, 2023 10:05 PM

Ties, all and forever cut. There will be no forgiveness, not from The Firm and not, eventually, from Harry's own children for denying them relationships with their UK relatives.

by Anonymousreply 463January 5, 2023 10:14 PM

All this talk of "the firm." I'd like to know WHO the firm is exactly - is it really behind the scenes lawyers and bureaucrats? Or does it really go back to the Queen (at the time) or to Charles who are making decisions under the guise of "the firm."

by Anonymousreply 464January 5, 2023 10:16 PM

R464, it's a good question, one that a prince other than Harry might have been in a position to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 465January 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Hurley denied being mounted by the stallion. "Wasn't me!"

by Anonymousreply 466January 5, 2023 10:30 PM

I think we may getting Pajiba sugars too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 5, 2023 10:34 PM

R465 I think "The Firm" in this scenario is every senior royal and advisor other than Liz and Philip. Who he seems to have had a hero worship for and who he seems to be ignoring that for the majority of his martial issues were the people giving orders and had final say about what happened in the family.

by Anonymousreply 468January 5, 2023 10:35 PM

"The Firm" was first mentioned as the Royal Family's nickname by George VI, I believe after he was crowned king.

It was a nod to the fact that the family had to manage what would have been personal matters in any other family in a more-objective way, because of their symbolic, governmental, religious and public-spectacle responsibilities. "The Firm" (a disgrace for a cunt such as Markle to invoke the phrase) meant the family. Now people say it to include the staff that keeps things running, and who always have had power beyond their titles because of their roles in managing the thing.

No one in history has presumed to publicly discuss private family conversations as the shithead has. In the past he would have been taken out. The past is not so distant, and the RF is playing a long game, as they do, to neutralize him and his cunt. Media have been sitting on many stories about her and him, and within six months much will be coming out to take them down.

Starting, perhaps, with Markle's abortion(s) and suppressed statements and video, plus her husband's numerous disgraceful indiscretions, which he cannot blame on his family.

They are corrupt in ways that Charles, Camilla, William and Kate aren't. It needs to come out.

by Anonymousreply 469January 5, 2023 10:40 PM

I want to hear more about Harry's drunken raping.

by Anonymousreply 470January 5, 2023 10:50 PM

What is going to be the response to all this from the Royal Family? Nothing?

by Anonymousreply 471January 5, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote] What is going to be the response to all this from the Royal Family? Nothing?

I guess. At the end of the day, this really changes nothing. A year from now it'll be business as usual.

by Anonymousreply 472January 5, 2023 11:02 PM

Spare by Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, is the most anticipated book of the year - full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.

Insight

Self-examination

Hard-won wisdom

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 473January 5, 2023 11:03 PM

Good luck to her r425. At that point all of her bullying will be revealed if not sooner. Plus everything else from her skeevy past.

by Anonymousreply 474January 5, 2023 11:10 PM

[quote]a disgrace for a cunt such as Markle to invoke the phrase

There was no need for this.

by Anonymousreply 475January 5, 2023 11:14 PM

Some of this is very funny... subtext: Harold's a laughingstock.

“What’s going to be left for the book?” we sneered. “How many times can he play the same old tune?” we wailed. “He’s given the best stuff to Oprah, then the dregs to the documentary, so the book will have nothing…”

How wrong we were. Because on the first day of what will be a gruelling weekend of leaks, publicity interviews and light write-ups (sorry in advance) before the publication of Prince Harry’s autobiography Spare, we are delivered what historians will come to refer to as The Great Nott Cott Willy Wrestle – easily the most vividly-drawn sibling fight scene since the timeless moment in The Boss Baby (2017) when little Tim tries to slingshot Baby out of the window for destroying lamb-lamb, his stuffed sheep.

It’s a riveting passage, with many of the hallmarks we love from Prince Harry’s previous hits, including his aptitude for instilling anecdotes with the melodrama of a telenovela, his tendency to include details that do nothing but confound the reader about his lifestyle, and his remarkable gift for letting His Truth only bolster the widely held view that he might, just might, be a few beads short of a necklace.

On today’s evidence, ghostwriter JR Moehringer has not just earned his money but had an absolute ball in the process. Let’s rake over what we’ve learnt.

‘Harold and Willy’

Not the name of a sitcom about two septuagenarian Olivier-nominated actors who were on/off lovers then fierce nemeses who end up at the same care home, nor the title of a Horrible Histories episode about the Battle of Hastings, but the princes’ apparent nicknames for each other.

Context: William, after potentially lurking outside Nottingham Cottage in his blacked out Range Rover for three days, observing the Sussexes’ comings and goings, has chosen a moment when Meghan is away and popped around for a “chat”. No balaclava or leather gloves are mentioned, but they’re not directly excluded, either.

Why wait until Meghan’s gone? Perhaps he wanted privacy, as she was the topic of conversation. Or perhaps William was acutely aware that Nottingham Cottage is, legendarily, scarcely big enough for even two very small people to live in, making it impossible to have a three-person row. If you can’t swing a cat, how can you punch a prince? Smart thinking. Either way, he is “piping hot”, like a lovely TexMex dish you can hear sizzling as the waiter carries it across TGI Friday.

“Willy, I can’t speak to you when you’re like this,” Harry says. Most people resort to full names when they’re angry. As with many traditions, The Royal family do things differently. The greater the anger, the greater the affectionately diminutive nickname, it seems. Apparently – and this is just what I heard – when Diana confronted Charles over his affair with Camilla, she said, “Oh give me a break, Chucky-Chucky-Chonk-Chonk!” I do not know why The Crown didn’t include this.

The Willy-word appears to have pushed Prince William to see red, as that’s when he attacks Harry, knocking him to the floor. Later, in a camply clipped line that sounds lifted from EM Forster, we discover William’s nickname for Harry: “I didn’t attack you, Harold.”

It’s all great dialogue, you have to admit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 5, 2023 11:16 PM

2. You hurt the necklace, you hurt me

“It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace…” Harry writes, breathlessly. You can picture the beads, bought in Goa but discoloured from a thousand wild swims, crashing to the floor and scuttling across the scandalously small kitchen of Nott Cott. You can hear the shark’s tooth flying and embedding itself in Guy the beagle, who’s suffered enough.

“Not the necklace!” is the subtext. “You can attack me, my wife – wait no not my wife – my dignity, the lot. All fair game. But if you touch the necklace, you’ve gone too far. This is war.”

Still, what are the chances that Meghan sent William a (beautifully) hand-written note after this incident saying, “Willy – Generally very mad at you, obv, as I liked that dog bowl, but THANK YOU for breaking that f---ing necklace. I’ve been trying to get him to take it off for YEARS. Please do the Oula smart ring next, or the guitar lol. M”?

Very high.

by Anonymousreply 477January 5, 2023 11:16 PM

The content of that Queen's Death-Day argument with Charles really brings it home that a big part of Harry's interest in Meghan is that he can use her as a bludgeon against his natal family. He thinks that, having acquired a wife and children, he's been catapulted into full manhood, but he's still just a petulant, messed-up child. He uses Meghan as a symbol that he's now a big, strong protector, but deep down it's a new pretext for railing against his family and his fate.

by Anonymousreply 478January 5, 2023 11:17 PM

Yeah wear the Nazi outfit, it’ll be lols

Shades of Tim and Dawn in The Office in this bit, when they prank the jobsworth team leader (and Territorial Army soldier) Gareth Keenan into saying and doing embarrassing things by playing on his military obsession.

The scene in question is from 2005, when Prince Harry can’t decide between two costumes for an upcoming “native and colonial” themed party: a pilot uniform or a Nazi uniform. Tricky one. The eternal dilemma.

Nazi or pilot. Pilot orrrrr Nazi. On the one hand, your grandmother’s the Queen and some of your relatives were literally photographed with Hitler, so it may cause quite a stir. On the other hand… banter? Grandad might find it a lol? Time for a second opinion.

“I phoned Willy and Kate, asked what they thought. Nazi uniform, they said,” Harry writes, according to US gossip column Page Six. “They both howled. Worse than Willy’s leopard outfit! Way more ridiculous! Which, again, was the point.”

Actually, Harry, the point might have been that they’ve done you like a kipper there. You are the Gareth to their Tim and Dawn. You are the Richard “The Hamster” Hammond to their Clarkson and May. “Honestly, can’t see any issues with it, Harold. Won’t even be any photos and I’ll come to your defence if there are. But remember to do the salute as well [muffled background laughter from Kate] and keep up the accent all night… Yah yah. Sweet. You are the next Archbishop of Banterbury, bro. Ciao.”

As a general rule in life, when somebody suggests you wear a Nazi uniform, especially when they reason it would be “way more ridiculous” than a leopard and therefore OK, consider sourcing a third opinion.

by Anonymousreply 479January 5, 2023 11:17 PM

This is the best bit:

[quote] “It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace…” Harry writes, breathlessly. You can picture the beads, bought in Goa but discoloured from a thousand wild swims, crashing to the floor and scuttling across the scandalously small kitchen of Nott Cott. You can hear the shark’s tooth flying and embedding itself in Guy the beagle, who’s suffered enough.

by Anonymousreply 480January 5, 2023 11:29 PM

What's that from, r480?

by Anonymousreply 481January 5, 2023 11:30 PM

I know, R480--I laughed out loud at the shark's tooth embedding itself into Guy the beagle. :D

by Anonymousreply 482January 5, 2023 11:32 PM

The whole lip-gloss sharing, barefoot hug, baby brain mentioning is Megs playing the part of the carefree American. Harry (and Meghan) mention it because they think it makes William and Kate sound uptight and out of touch, when doesn't at all.

I'm also guessing Diana liked William more too.

by Anonymousreply 483January 5, 2023 11:35 PM

From R476's article, R480

by Anonymousreply 484January 5, 2023 11:39 PM

^ I meant to reply to R481 in the above post

by Anonymousreply 485January 5, 2023 11:40 PM

Americans are most definitely not how Meghan describes. We don't like that shit either.

by Anonymousreply 486January 5, 2023 11:42 PM

One of the HUGE BOMBS AND SCANDALS AND OUTRAGEOUS ACTS was "asking what color the baby would/could be". Which in my opinion could have just as likely been a nothing burger, a legitimate question of curiosity. Sussexes have spun that so out of proportion. They are always IGNORING the fact that the several royals were THRILLED that Harry was marrying a pretty (quite white) "woman of color" because that was going to be very good for the firm, going into this new century. They the firm probably hoped for a darker baby then they got, too. But harry and megs spun this into some huge appalling hurtful aggressive faux pas. They could have just answered the question based on biology and said "we'll see soon enough!" They could have laughed. Neither seems to have a sense a humor. They blew it. If they had been gracious, hardworking and a bit patient, they could have carved out a nice career for themselves inside the firm. Dumb asses.

by Anonymousreply 487January 5, 2023 11:44 PM

We pick and choose what we want to believe and if we already dislike someone that's the framework we use to make decisions about plausibility. We have been given a shit ton of books about members of the RF for years. Lots of them. But I don't recall anything that gives a raw, basic insider view about day to day life and conversations and situations and reactions etc. as this book of Harry's. I never did read Diana's stuff so maybe I missed it. but I'm here for it.

Is it possible he tells lies? Sure. Is it possible his version of events is different? "Recollections may vary" but that really doesn't make him any different from the rest of the grifters in the family . They all lie on the regular and they all put the best spin on things and use PR tactics to distract and bullshit, and to build the brand. So what? I'm looking forward to the book.

I have never liked Charles much. I found Diana annoying. I don't find Camilla calculating and evil. IMO of all of them she is the one I have the least amount of animus toward. And I feel sorry for the Yorkies. Those girls seem to be sweet kids who got the bad end of the deal with the parents they were given. Andrew is an asshole and a pig, and Fergie is the #1 opportunist of all time.

AS for William, I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. I think he has issues. When I was watching the funeral ceremonies, and I saw that sudden outburst by Charles when the pen and ink wasn't in the right place, yes, I can believe William might have explosive outbursts, and honestly after watching some of the videos of Diana with her kids, she clearly saw Harry as the problem kid, and probably enlisted William to "look after your brother" so William very likely was an overbearing bully to Harry who enjoyed goading him. I think Harry has emotional problems and has for a long time. He should stay in real close touch with a therapist.

The whole family has got away with this facade of bullshit for decades. So let's cherry pick away. Meghan is Meghan. Maybe they'll stay married maybe not. IMO Meghan will eventually pull a Kardashian move and claim she has tried really hard to "help Harry" but his mental health has deteriorated and she is burned out, exhausted.

But of all of the motley crew, She is the one I have absolutely no sympathy for. And I do believe that if/when they break it off, Harry will find another beauty who will try to save him. WTF ever. IMO The monarchy will end with William. Oh, he'll be crowned King, but his monarchy will be more like all the other Eurotrash out here, nothing close to how his Granny had it.

All the cousins, Margaret's branch, Anne's branch, Edward and Sophie's kids, are all ciphers and will fade into the background over time. George, Charlotte, and Louis will be the most famous, but also irrelevant. Catherine is like a mannequin. She's really a nice ordinary attractive girl, who is almost a throwback to the wives of the 50's. She serves.

by Anonymousreply 488January 5, 2023 11:55 PM

Speaking of the Kardashians, I don't think Kim is going to find a serious mate that easily. Even the ballplayers don't want her. Meghan probably peaked with Harry but in her mind she probably thinks she can still do better in her next marriage.

by Anonymousreply 489January 6, 2023 12:04 AM

That lip gloss request....EWWW!

Kate should have refused.

M really is a tacky piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 490January 6, 2023 12:12 AM

Yeah, I didn't know women shared lipgloss - it's pretty revolting.

by Anonymousreply 491January 6, 2023 12:22 AM

I don't think women share lipgloss in the British royal family.

"Psst! Your Majesty! Can I borrow your lipgloss?"

by Anonymousreply 492January 6, 2023 12:40 AM

I imagine that Kate positively hurled it into the garbage when she got home.

by Anonymousreply 493January 6, 2023 12:46 AM

R492, I don’t think they share it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 494January 6, 2023 12:47 AM

I didn't share my lip gloss in high school and I still don't. How would you guys respond if someone wanted to "borrow" your Chapstick? I don't share my comb, hairbrush or toothbrush either.

by Anonymousreply 495January 6, 2023 1:00 AM

You don't think that Kate would have said "here, keep it!" like any normal person?

I think that's the missing bit of that conversation.

by Anonymousreply 496January 6, 2023 1:04 AM

Harry keeps a blue box on his nightstand with Mummy’s hair in it.

As one does.

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 6, 2023 1:41 AM

R488 writes like she's trying to create another "Peyton Place" sequel while pulling in a little "House of the Seven Gables."

Go jerk off, honey, and then get back to us.

by Anonymousreply 498January 6, 2023 1:43 AM

I didn't think it was possible, but after twenty years, "Spare" has finally dethroned Natalie and Nicole Appleton's "Together" as the pettiest, most melodramatic celebrity autobiography ever written. "Together" chronicles the sisters' time in the 90s/00s girl band All Saints, culminating in the group breaking up over a coat ("Shaznay got all the credit, all the good press and, now, my coat. What more did she want from me? Every shred of my dignity and pride?").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 6, 2023 1:55 AM

Someone on Twitter likened reading the leaked stories to reading a serial killer origin story.

by Anonymousreply 500January 6, 2023 2:13 AM

The stories of himself and his therapist constantly on the phone reminded me of Ned Flanders and Rev. Lovejoy. We've all had that friend......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 6, 2023 2:22 AM

R154 It helped him get by until he could put together some sportive lads in his military unit - sportive meaning they were willing to piss on him for a few bills and keep quiet about it. The most "talented" ones would have his ass if they stuck around.

by Anonymousreply 502January 6, 2023 2:22 AM

r501 Only I'm pretty sure in this case his therapist is Meghan in a bad fake moustache

by Anonymousreply 503January 6, 2023 2:25 AM

An online ad for the book yesterday kept appearing on several random websites I visited, having nothing to do with Harry or his family. Publishers are selling the book under the category of "British History." LOL. The price was listed as 44 USD, which seems high.

by Anonymousreply 504January 6, 2023 3:15 AM

This is the decrepit face of the monarchy you cultist fraus gleefully toady to. Pathetic lot indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 6, 2023 3:22 AM

I thought the Diana-nettes were the cultish fraus?

by Anonymousreply 506January 6, 2023 3:34 AM

Why do the other threads on this keep getting closed so soon? Several good threads were just shutdown.

by Anonymousreply 507January 6, 2023 3:42 AM

Downton Abbey meets Jerry Springer

by Anonymousreply 508January 6, 2023 3:59 AM

Muriel must have thought there were too many other threads on the topic of the revelations from the new book that broke last night. This was the first one.

by Anonymousreply 509January 6, 2023 3:59 AM

The Royal Scepters are cut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 6, 2023 4:02 AM

R505 is the Tampon King troll - frantically cross-posting the same ill-informed tosh.

by Anonymousreply 511January 6, 2023 4:04 AM

I think people will use these revelations to serve whatever purposes they want. Hate the monarchy? Well, knock yourself out. Hate Meghan? Her fingerprints are everywhere. Love Meghan? Oh, that poor woman--look at what she had to put up with. Love the idea of Harry as an abuse victim? Folks on twitter are getting off on that right now, calling William a psycho and Kate, a jealous witch.

The only immutable truth is that Harry is a sick puppy with no filter. That's undeniable. Yes, he had a cruel family, but so do many people who manage not to be trainwrecks. Also, he's been in therapy forever. He is a mess.

Honestly, if you're Meghan, could you respect this guy? Would you want to fuck him? She has a fully-formed plan to unload him and is five steps ahead of him, which is honestly not hard to do. I can absolutely believe they're leaving separate lives.

Will the royals survive this? Who know? Will Harry? Doubtful. Will Meghan? She's penning her tell-all now including a version with hand calligraphy.

by Anonymousreply 512January 6, 2023 4:05 AM

It IS physically and emotionally possible to dislike Charles and Harry at the same time, R505.

Maybe you should try life outside the black and white zone.

by Anonymousreply 513January 6, 2023 4:06 AM

'I mounted her quickly, after which she spanked my ass and sent me away. One of my many mistakes was letting it happen in a field, just behind a very busy pub. No doubt someone had seen us.'"

by Anonymousreply 514January 6, 2023 4:07 AM

I just want to state that I've never been one of those irrational Meghan and Harry hates. Honestly, I just wasn't that interested in them. Also, I'm not really a follower of the royal family in general. That being said, OMFG who is advising Harry & Meghan AND how did Penguin even let this book be published, it's ridiculous. Did J. R. Moehringer really ghostwrite this, because his career is over if he did. It reads like a bitter teenager's diary meets a gossip blog. Kudos to the royals for playing the long-term game knowing that Harry would eventually hang himself by revealing too much of his real character.

by Anonymousreply 515January 6, 2023 4:28 AM

Revenge is a dish best served cold, so they say, and it will be fascinating to see what William and Kate plan for Harry and Meghan in the years ahead.

by Anonymousreply 516January 6, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote]"Repentant, he said, stammering, that he simply didn't want the place to be full of people. Nobody's wife was going to go [to Balmoral for the Queen's death], not even Kate, he told me, so Meg shouldn't either."

Not true. Sophie went with Edward. I doubt Kate would have been excluded, but she didn't want to go.

The reason? George and Charlotte had started at a new school that very morning. Kate and William had both dropped them off. The reports that the Queen was near death were happening throughout that school day. Someone had to pick them up and break it to them that on top of that stress, their great-grandmother had died AND they would now have to stop school for a bit to gear up for more public duties. Since Charlotte broke down a couple of times at the funeral, we can assume it was a real loss for them. So Kate did what a normal mother would do, even if the kids do have a highly trained Norland nanny.

For whatever reason, though, she didn't go, so Meghan didn't have a leg to stand on demanding that she be present.

P.S. R307 has hit upon the title the DL should know this book by in the future: SPARE US.

by Anonymousreply 517January 6, 2023 4:53 AM

[quote]Catherine is like a mannequin. She's really a nice ordinary attractive girl, who is almost a throwback to the wives of the 50's. She serves.

Service is the entire point of the monarchy. Mama behaves as the Queen always behaved, valuing service above ego and consistency above flashiness. There is every evidence that the British public derives comfort from this approach.

And we'll see whether or not I'm irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 518January 6, 2023 4:59 AM

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐥𝐥

𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯’𝘵 ‘𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺’ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘔𝘦𝘨𝘩𝘢𝘯

According to the Duke of Sussex, Charles said he was “already having to pay” a lot to support his youngest son, along with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

“𝑷𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏’𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆,. “𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒐𝒃. That was the whole deal.”

Harry writes that he and his older brother, 40, “agreed to serve the monarch” and keep their hands and feet “inside the gilded cage at all times” in exchange to be taken care of.

However, the Invictus Games founder alleges that he soon realized that King Charles, 74, was not really concerned about the money – but was rather envious of Markle’s growing popularity.

“Pa might have dreaded the rising cost of maintaining us, but what he really couldn’t stomach was someone new dominating the monarchy, grabbing the limelight, someone shiny and new coming in and overshadowing him,” the royal writes.

by Anonymousreply 519January 6, 2023 6:13 AM

It's interesting they used a mugshot for the book's cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 6, 2023 6:16 AM

Has sassy Little George commented?

by Anonymousreply 521January 6, 2023 6:32 AM

[quote] “Pa might have dreaded the rising cost of maintaining us, but what he really couldn’t stomach was someone new dominating the monarchy, grabbing the limelight, someone shiny and new coming in and overshadowing him,” the royal writes.

It's so evident here Harry has put Meghan entirely in his dead mother's place--his accusations against his father's jealousy of Meghan (which seem wholly unbelievable--Meghan was just never that popular) are the same Diana made more plausibly against Charles during their marriage.

Harry is in the end punishing his father for treating his mother badly,;but he can't admit it to himself. It is probably what Charles genuinely deserves, but it's hard on William (whose greatest crime was to outshine Harry and to be born first) and everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 522January 6, 2023 6:50 AM

You're a really poor judge of character r488. The things you wrote here are really the product of a disturbed individual. You really need serious help. You also desperately need glasses.

by Anonymousreply 523January 6, 2023 7:08 AM

Charles has dealt with being unpopular for years. Don't think Meghan broke him. It's unbelievable. They all know the public interest in them is fleeting. The press and people in general pay more attention to William and Kate now and have for years. Should have actually used William as the one being jealous if he wanted to make it believable.

If anything it's Harry and Meghan being desperate to hang on since the public attention will soon go to George and Charlotte. I'm assuming Louis will be the family fuck up, so he'll get some too.

by Anonymousreply 524January 6, 2023 7:11 AM

R512 fails to add how could Harry stomach being with such lowlife repugnant scam as Meghan, and her mother who lives with them. All three are repugnant and equally so. Doris and Meghan leaning to being worse.

by Anonymousreply 525January 6, 2023 7:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 6, 2023 8:31 AM

R524 completely misses the fact that Charles has just become King and head of state, giving him the greatest public role of his life. He represents the public and the nation.

by Anonymousreply 527January 6, 2023 8:35 AM

The most devastating revelation is in R510

by Anonymousreply 528January 6, 2023 8:48 AM

R469 = the firm

by Anonymousreply 529January 6, 2023 8:50 AM

I'm truly shocked and disappointed with the amount of Harry Hate expressed in this thread.

I have lost all respect for the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 530January 6, 2023 8:54 AM

I don't hate him r530, I pity him. He is obviously a very messed up, vulnerable individual, unfortunately without the intelligence to reflect constructively on his situation, now surrounded by people who want to exploit him and, it also seems, a bunch of new Martin Bashirs. I really do worry about his mental health.

by Anonymousreply 531January 6, 2023 9:12 AM

It’s cartoonish, R530. I could see not liking Harry or Meagan, but the insane demonizing of both…while holding up William and Kate as virtuous heroes is what’s bizarre,

The hilarious thing is, I think it’s only a few posters who comment every 5 seconds and continuously flag their own posts for WW. They’re so delusional they think Harry’s book won’t be a bestseller and the ghostwriter has ruined his career. Ha! Spare is already #1 on Amazon under bestsellers.

by Anonymousreply 532January 6, 2023 9:16 AM

What do you think of what's leaked of Harry's memoir so far, r532?

by Anonymousreply 533January 6, 2023 9:24 AM

R532, you’re an ass and R530, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

by Anonymousreply 534January 6, 2023 9:31 AM

To add to my post at r531, one also gets the impression that Harry is seeing a disastrous therapist in the US, one who advises him that if he wants to get over his traumas then he needs to share everything, and that if he wants to repair his relationships with people then he needs to tell them exactly how he feels. The therapist no doubt meant he needs to tell the people in his life personally about how he feels about them, not share it with the whole world.

Some in the British media have been trying to paint Harry's revelations as marking the end of his relationship with William, that William will apparently be livid and want no more to do with Harry. I think it's more likely that William will be feeling very distressed for Harry, that he's seeing in Harry a pattern that he saw with his mother. I personally despise the vultures who are doing these interviews with Harry, the new Martin Bashirs, and the publisher and ghost writer. He's obviously not doing well and is suffering, yet they all want to pick at his body. Anderson Cooper especially should be ashamed of himself. Meghan should be advising her husband not to expose so much, especially personal things he will regret (we don't need to know about his penis, how he lost his virginity or using mediums to connect with Diana). Meghan is not helping him at all. All she does is scratch at his scabs and press his buttons.

by Anonymousreply 535January 6, 2023 9:34 AM

Agree with R531. Over the course of the leaks, it went from comic to sad. No doubt it will be a bestseller, and Harry got his payout already anyway. But this comes at a very high cost to him (who can respect or trust him after all this resentful pettiness and dirty-laundry airing?)

More importantly, it reveals that he's still very messed up. He's apparently still not recovered from the Diana trauma and still holds a lot of rage against his family. And who's he got to help him? Inept therapists, psychics, publishers, Netflix people, new friends he met from his wealthy enclave, and Meghan and Doria.

by Anonymousreply 536January 6, 2023 9:43 AM

R534 is truly the cunt here.

by Anonymousreply 537January 6, 2023 9:45 AM

[quote] one also gets the impression that Harry is seeing a disastrous therapist in the US

Very possible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 6, 2023 9:46 AM

Even the liberal elites start turning against him after the book’s revelations. H&M is losing ground now

by Anonymousreply 539January 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Thank you R537!

by Anonymousreply 540January 6, 2023 9:53 AM

Sky News, which generally mostly likes to bash Charles and William and side with Harry for "woke" points, is now also taking a more worried and critical stance towards Harry. Two things that stand out for me in this article: revealing that he took magic mushrooms at Courtney Cox's house. Now no one is going to want to be his friend now (except for sycophants and vultures) because they'll worry that he'll tell the media or write a book about everything they do in their private lives. And feeling that when his father and brother married he was losing the two people closest to him, which shows that he did feel very close to his father and brother for most of his life, well into adulthood. What recent event in his life could have turned him so against them, I wonder?

[quote]And there is the immature bragging about trying magic mushroom chocolates at a party at Friends star Courtney Cox's house

and

[How at his father and his brother's weddings his thoughts were that he was losing those closest to him forever.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 6, 2023 10:00 AM

Sorry for bad formatting at r541. It should be:

[quote]How at his father and his brother's weddings his thoughts were that he was losing those closest to him forever.

by Anonymousreply 542January 6, 2023 10:00 AM

I'll hug him!

by Anonymousreply 543January 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Yes, R470. And where's all the stuff about the beaten hookers??

by Anonymousreply 544January 6, 2023 10:49 AM

I fell asleep reading, wish I would have saved it but anyway... I read that Harry put him and the RF in danger and they are already receiving death threats because of Harry talking about the 25 men he killed in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 545January 6, 2023 11:39 AM

Harry is the lving embodiment of the Unreliable Narrator: William and Cressida got me to see a therapist; no, Meghan got me a therapist; no, we weren.t allowed therapists as royals; no, I was constantly talking to my therapist.

by Anonymousreply 546January 6, 2023 11:41 AM

Turn the oven to OFF.

The Sussexes are done.

by Anonymousreply 547January 6, 2023 12:04 PM

People choose their therapist, remember. If you want to get better you'll choose one who will challenge you: if you want to wallow you'll choose one who will indulge you and enjoy the fact that their pay packet never diminishes. And you betcha there are plenty of the latter kind out there.

by Anonymousreply 548January 6, 2023 12:49 PM

This from the latest leak, about when she accompanied Harry to visit Diana's grave; he'd left her alone for a moment and when he "returned, she was on her knees with her eyes closed and her palms flat against the stone,' he said, adding that she'd told him she'd asked Diana for 'clarity and guidance'. "

I hope I'm alive for the definitive book/movie about Meghan's masterful reeling in of Harry.

by Anonymousreply 549January 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Diana probably replied, "When I get some you can borrow it."

by Anonymousreply 550January 6, 2023 1:13 PM

That Kinsey Schofield said that at the jubilee Meghan was overheard telling Harry that Diana had spoken to her while she was doing yoga and told her she was happy they were there.

If that’s not emotional abuse, I don’t know what is. “Your dead mother speaks to me”. How disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 551January 6, 2023 1:22 PM

I Feel bad for Harry. These interviews, yes he is unfiltered, but IMO if you watch him, his expressions, his eyes, body language, Harry suffers from mental illness. It is obvious. There's really no one who is close to him who is a good influence or able to give him the kind of support he needs. Certainly not Meghan, but also no one in his family. And all his so called celebrity friends are distancing themselves. The Obamas certainly are and so is Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 552January 6, 2023 1:49 PM

Wonder if she's tried faking full body possession by his dead mother yet or if she's saving it for when the relationship hits the skids

by Anonymousreply 553January 6, 2023 2:00 PM

R532 is such a bizarre weirdo. Is that you Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 554January 6, 2023 2:01 PM

That’s truly disgusting R551.

If the Ginger Whinge doesn’t have buyer’s remorse by now, he will soon. I predict a separation announcement before the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 555January 6, 2023 2:06 PM

R532 is the same cretin that thinks Charles molested Charlotte and that is why he is going to give her, not Edward the DoE title. It's in the thread about Charles giving Edward the title. What a freaking psycho!

by Anonymousreply 556January 6, 2023 2:07 PM

R544, Harry and the hookers is one of the reasons that the Harkles steer clear of bringing up Andrew's escapades. If they did, Harry's past would come up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 6, 2023 2:21 PM

Oh Harry. Why did you do this to yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558January 6, 2023 2:21 PM

It is astonishing that two people so entirely fixated on their public image and popularity have managed to make themselves almost universally disliked. No wonder Harry tried so hard to get “Spare” rewritten before it’s release. Harry and Meghan really are their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 559January 6, 2023 2:27 PM

R558 Hah, brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 560January 6, 2023 2:30 PM

Are they in blackface at r558?

by Anonymousreply 561January 6, 2023 2:31 PM

My goodness. Diana had more peace when she was alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562January 6, 2023 2:38 PM

Big deal. what a pussy

by Anonymousreply 563January 6, 2023 2:43 PM

Meghan was stunned when Diana's arm rose out of the lake, exclaiming "Excalibur!'

by Anonymousreply 564January 6, 2023 2:59 PM

r562 I'd not realised the grave was a full on island you need to row to I thought there was at least a bridge. The image of Harry stepping taking 3 steps away and standing behind a tree on a tiny island to give Meghan a minute of contemplation alone with his mother while she prepares to give the performance of a lifetime and channel the spirit of the fucking dead is amazing. Did he tell William and Charles this? No wonder she alarms them.

by Anonymousreply 565January 6, 2023 3:07 PM

Seriously, imagine leaving your girlfriend/boyfriend of about a year at your mother's graveside, then returning to find them kneeling with their "eyes closed and palms flat against the stone." And then they tell you they were asking your dead mum for "clarity and guidance". Any sane person would run for the hills or burst out laughing (or both).

I think Harry is loopy, but Meghan isn't. She's playing him like a fiddle. And that's why she's now a princess, and one of the most famous women in the world. You have to hand it to her.

by Anonymousreply 566January 6, 2023 3:07 PM

[quote] Yes. The hugging and lip gloss request are Meghan's way of imposing herself on others. She enjoys making others uncomfortable.

Yup. Exactly, R442. It’s a textbook tactic for malignant narcissists because it’s a win-win. Make unreasonable demands on others. If they refuse, it’s because they’re selfish and mean. If they agree, you’ve made them your bitch.

Megs really does seem to have a giant hate boner for Kate. Probably why William won’t play nice anymore. Most men tend to get their backs up when you mess with their wives.

by Anonymousreply 567January 6, 2023 3:16 PM

R566 Is she Famous or Infamous?

I know the old adage "there is no such thing as bad publicity", but I think they might find that it isn't always true?

by Anonymousreply 568January 6, 2023 3:25 PM

Where was the big war hero if Will smacked him around a bit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569January 6, 2023 3:32 PM

R569 The stupidity is beyond amazing. Most real life soldiers don’t go around bragging about their kill count unless they’re totally insane.

by Anonymousreply 570January 6, 2023 3:38 PM

So many deluded idiots on this thread wearing tinfoil tiaras. Helps them to read Harry’s and Meghan’s minds. And of course, play like armchair shrinks. But in its own sick way, entertaining af.

by Anonymousreply 571January 6, 2023 3:41 PM

LATEST STUNNING development from Meghan's visit to Althorp - Diana 'spoke' to Meghan and told her she was her favorite daughter in law!

by Anonymousreply 572January 6, 2023 3:42 PM

And this was confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 573January 6, 2023 3:44 PM

Girl, she entered my body and spoke. I thought I was in danga.

by Anonymousreply 574January 6, 2023 3:45 PM

At the grave, Diana said to Meghan (something she had already told Harry): My most fervent wish is that Harry--rather than William--succeeds Charles to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 575January 6, 2023 3:46 PM

Maybe this is why they were so insistent she not go to Balmoral. They were terrified they'd be eating dinner hours after the death and Meghan would suddenly start twitching and announce Elizabeth wanted her to have her jewellery and art collection.

by Anonymousreply 576January 6, 2023 3:52 PM

I wonder if Harry told William about Meghan's moment at Diana's grave. If so, I would have loved to have seen William's face.

by Anonymousreply 577January 6, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote]He's not hated. He's just not cared about. We don't care about him or her. His entire life is geared toward an American audience.

You all have a funny way of showing it. There have been over 10,250 articles written about them. And those articles have the most traffic of all the other news stories Combined. Details are leaked about them every week from the palace. Even on a slow day, each newspaper has about 4 to 5 articles about Harry & Meghan. On a busy day (the day Netflix was released), there 32, THIRTY TWO articles about them in one newspaper. That's disgusting. Your entire shitty country has a hatefest against them because you can't get over them choosing to live private lives & choosing to live in America.

by Anonymousreply 578January 6, 2023 3:58 PM

The majority of what is being discussed here is from the book R571, so why are you triggered?

by Anonymousreply 579January 6, 2023 4:06 PM

R578 “Private lives”? Lol, media attention is like oxygen for Harry and Meghan. Making a spectacle of themselves is how they stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 580January 6, 2023 4:08 PM

What r578 said. If people don’t care about them, constantly posting vitriol about them is a funny way of showing it.

by Anonymousreply 581January 6, 2023 4:09 PM

R580 you don’t know that. You’re speculating. Lol at the post upthread about tinfoil crowns. Too true.

Most of the hateful comments about H &M are of the, “I dislike them, so this has to be what they are thinking/doing/saying” variety.

Justifying William’s physical violence against his own brother? Had the tables been turned, you’d be all over Harry, probably demanding to have him drawn and quartered.

by Anonymousreply 582January 6, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote] There have been over 10,250 articles written about them. And those articles have the most traffic of all the other news stories Combined. Details are leaked about them every week from the palace. Even on a slow day, each newspaper has about 4 to 5 articles about Harry & Meghan. On a busy day (the day Netflix was released), there 32, THIRTY TWO articles about them in one newspaper.

You are so obsessed with this matter that you actually research statistics like that? You really need to let this go and find other hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 583January 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Harry is becoming the poster man for small penis syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 584January 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Then don't pay any of it any mind R578 and R581, but don't get all judgy here.

The Ginger Whinge's book is giving fuel to fire, so go wag your fingers at him.

by Anonymousreply 585January 6, 2023 4:26 PM

Kit, Meg is just as woo woo as Harold, seeking Di's guidance at her grave, having seances, her "truth" and so on.

That Blind Gossip item is wrong to say nothing was ever done about Harold raping and assaulting. At the time, I read in the newspaper that the Sheriff of the town was incensed, and demanded that Harold stop that shit immediately.

by Anonymousreply 586January 6, 2023 4:27 PM

R585 you are judging them. So why can’t you be judged? 🤨🤨🤨

by Anonymousreply 587January 6, 2023 4:30 PM

[quote] That's disgusting. Your entire shitty country has a hatefest against them

Sorry, I’m confused, R578. Did you mean the United Kingdom or the United States?

by Anonymousreply 588January 6, 2023 4:31 PM

Wait, is there a brave quivering Harold defender on the premises?

by Anonymousreply 589January 6, 2023 4:34 PM

I am not engaging in a war of words with a halfwit, especially one who breaks out the emojis to make a point R587.

Stay pressed.

by Anonymousreply 590January 6, 2023 4:38 PM

Here's a link to a new thread to continue the discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591January 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Thanks, R591!

by Anonymousreply 592January 6, 2023 4:41 PM

No problem!

by Anonymousreply 593January 6, 2023 4:42 PM

R590 this means that you are incapable of talking to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 594January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

----

by Anonymousreply 595January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

by Anonymousreply 596January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

^^^^

by Anonymousreply 597January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

####

by Anonymousreply 598January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

????

by Anonymousreply 599January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

////

by Anonymousreply 600January 6, 2023 4:52 PM

r578 Up until very recently the Harkles paid Sunshine Sachs to make sure they appeared in the newspapers several times a week. I think the strong rumour that it's Meghans british ? hairdresser who lives in the US who has the UK press on speed dial leaking about them rather than the palace is interesting..

by Anonymousreply 601January 6, 2023 4:53 PM

r581 You might be confusing care with interest or curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 602January 6, 2023 4:54 PM

IMO, I find Meghan's claiming Diana very disturbing. Claiming she spoke to her, and all the other voodoo bullshit. I can understand Harry. He suffers from mental illness IMO. Charles and Diana...and Camilla and William, are all part of his intimate family history. The turbulence, the acrimony, the publicity, etc. He has been forced to live his life on a public stage. His mother courted and attempted to manipulate the attention she got. As a result she put her kids in a goldfish bowl.

I do believe in the volatility of the environment and the interactions among all those principal players, Harry was floundering from a very young age. So the things afflicting him go back to his childhood. Then, when his mother was unexpectedly killed in a car crash it was played out in the media repeatedly for YEARS, but most especially in the days following her death, it had to be deeply traumatic for him to keep reliving that. He has already described the grotesque phenomenon of walking behind her casket. We watched on TV. But the weeping shouting mourning crowds along that endless walk had a horrible effect on him and he has said so.

It wasn't so much that William was deferred to or indulged because he was the Heir and the eldest, but William's personality, his anger and stubbornness demanded a lot of effort from Charles. Harry as a youngster was emotionally more demanding of parental guidance, but didn't get that kind of attention. I just don't feel like Charles was a very capable parent. I think he blew hot and cold at times loving and patient and sympathetic and at others volatile, explosive and mean spirited. Charles was perfectly capable I would bet, of walking away, as he did with Diana, when a situation was too fraught. No one was more self indulgent than Charles. All his life .

Bottom line I judge Meghan much more harshly than I ever will judge Harry. I have a feeling about her as she portrays herself as a victim, that she will turn on Harry eventually and use his mental health issues as an excuse to dump him and say he simply exhausted her and she was concerned for her own health because she has to be a good mother. That is the other part of this. Meghan strikes me as someone who will definitely use those kids as a bargaining chip. If she tells the world Harry is mentally unstable, she can make a case to at least threaten him...and his wealthy family by depriving him of contact with his kids.I think that would damned near kill Harry.

by Anonymousreply 603January 6, 2023 5:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!