Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Poker in the Rear

Oh, Gladys.

Better pack some lube in your purse, cuz you're gonna need it bad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2022 6:04 PM

Tyler Christopher had a mysterious, other wordly quality about him that made him perfect for the role of Nicholas. In his second round at GH, he was also extremely hot. Sorry he had problems that might keep him away from GH for good because he was just right for the atypical role.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2022 7:28 PM

I like tempNik. I love that he's one of us, and is more imposing and masculine than Coloma, who is just not an actor.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2022 7:38 PM

I did not know that, R3!

From wiki:

Biography

Huss is from Long Island and graduated with a BA in Drama from Binghamton University. He married his boyfriend, fellow actor Adam Bucci, on July 25, 2019.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2022 7:51 PM

Marcus looks like a scrawny little wimp with annoying tinny voice and dead eyes.

I used to liken him to a surfer dude but even surfer dudes have more presence than he does.

But as long as MC keeps sucking up to Mo and doing little dance numbers on social media with Mo, we are stuck with him.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2022 7:59 PM

Whoopsies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2022 8:44 PM

I’d let Steve fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2022 8:47 PM

I just can't imagine Steve having a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2022 8:54 PM

Old thread is officially locked now.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2022 5:46 AM

It’s small. He gives small dick energy for sure and I’m sure after steroids it’s non existent.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2022 5:18 PM

Melissa Claire Egan seems lovely.

No mental health issues but she's doing a depression storyline on Y&R.

She had never met Mo before this interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2022 5:44 PM

Great narcissist Mo.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2022 10:44 PM

Mo can cum in my mouth…….ANYTIME!

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2022 10:52 PM

About the whole Curtis not having any genetic markers for schizophrenia thing- most are questioning whether Marshall is really his father, but wasn't there some inkling long ago that maybe he was really Aunt Stella's kid? That she may have had him out of wedlock and passed him off as her sister's because of the stigma back then? Maybe that Marcus (her old bf) guy is his real father.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2022 10:59 PM

I want Mo’s cum in my mouth. Anytime!

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2022 12:45 AM

R8 R10 Many years ago on a talk show, Steve admitted to stuffing his tights to make his package look bigger for a production he was in, however he was in high school when it happened if I'm not mistaken. He was on a panel with other soap stars, and audience members had to guess each stars embarrassing moments that they had confessed to.

Also, there was an old rumor that he had a falling out with Kelly Monaco on set after she teased him about having a small dick. This was during the Jill Farren Phelps/Bob Guza era. Then there are those steroid rumors, which are known to shrink penises.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2022 2:13 AM

Yeah, looks like he hadn't figured out how to do a convincing stuff job yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2022 1:22 PM

I’d totally let Steve cum in my mouth, regardless of size.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2022 6:53 PM

I see Emma Samms was showcasing her Dynasty acting skills today.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2022 7:26 PM

I see Emma has no acting skills.

Also disappointed in Britt's rage performance. No real tears. She is capable of way better and we have seen it in the past. I think KT is just over it. I'd love to know what happened....

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2022 7:48 PM

I think what happened is that she was invested in the Britt/Jason romance (which was actually pretty good imo lol) so when he had to go, they didn't really have any story for her. It's almost like they didn't even try to write anything meaningful for her once he was gone. From dating apps to Cody, who essentially came in out of the blue, after Josh asked Frank for another job. It doesn't seem like its anything personal towards him, she just isn't happy with her storylines after Jason, or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2022 8:16 PM

If Coloma was a better actor they could've thrown Britt back into Nik's orbit and had her vying with Ava for his affection, and Spencer as the foil.

I have to assume West is like Howarth and just collecting a paycheck at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2022 8:22 PM

Bingo, R21. I saw her at a fan event recently and she very candidly said exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2022 9:11 PM

I think it's time to admit that GH is just a pure mess. I guess I don't understand why writers don't get fired any longer. Why hasn't Maurice gotten a group of actors together to storm ABC and get these people fired, like they did with the previous writer.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2022 9:19 PM

Dealing with bad storylines is part of every soap actors' job. Didn't KT also mention that she only recently gave up alcohol and that she's involved with an overseas boyfriend? Sounds like she's got a few personal issues to work out before she makes a decision on whether to return to the show.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2022 10:31 PM

Frank is the bigger problem, R24. He needs to go, along with the headwriters Chris and Dan, and longtime writer/Carly ass-kisser Elizabeth Korte. They’re all terrible.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2022 10:59 PM

Poor Emma Samms. She can’t act. Never could, never will.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2022 11:10 PM

R23 Really lol well she's always seemed very open & honest, glad you got to meet her. Hopefully everything works out for her.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 1:24 AM

R24 Two reasons I can think of, ABC informed the actors to stop going over Frank's head and getting the network involved in behind the scenes issues back in 2017- the last straw was when Maurice did exactly that by having the network rehire Steve when Frank refused to do so (it took about half a year of Steve campaigning to come back, which Frank ignored, before Maurice got the network to step in). Now somewhere between now and then that rule may have been relaxed, however only to a certain degree, for Frank still maintains a lot of power. The network is interfering in storylines; nixing Todd Manning's return is one of them. So new writers would still have both Frank and the network controlling their storylines.

Another thing is that Maurice seems happy with his stories, so that's why he's not organizing a mutiny. He wants to be front and center, involved in practically every story somehow, and he wanted out of Carson. Ron made the show more of an ensemble, and placed him firmly back in Carson after Hallowedding, which didn't set well with Mo, moreso him not being the center since it took years for them to break him away from Carson. He felt that Ron was sidelining Sonny, which didn't sit well with him. Add the fact that his son Josh is recurring lol Mo currently seems content.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 1:36 AM

Scoche Marin, who plays the Katherine Chancellor recast on Y&R, refuses to send Mo her annual holiday card. Everyone in soaps begs Scoche to be on her address list. Scoche has also turned down Mo’s repeated invitations to his YouTube show. She does not enjoy sharing the camera when it is HER interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 2:22 AM

I'd love to see Mo fired. On his podcast he is the typical BPD who develops a superiority complex after they find lithium. Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2022 8:52 AM

Laura Wright runs that show.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 1:59 AM

The scene with Britt and Leisel was so good and so sad. They are always good with each other. Will miss Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2022 2:41 AM

Kathleen Gati's lip actually quivered in those scenes. Her range is amazing, everything from comedy to tragedy, sinister to sympathetic. She's a gem.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2022 4:54 AM

Kathleen really is talented, sings and dances too. She's very supportive of KT on social media, they seem to be good buddies.

Can't believe I'm saying this as I loved him in the 80s but I'm over Tristan. He looks like an old goat and my disenchantment with him started over COVID lockdown when he was having his nightly drinking wine and zooming chats with his wife and friends. I got MAGA vibes. He is good friends with MAGAs Tonya Walker and Sean Kanan. Although I do appreciate him for speaking up about how bad Wes Ramsey was.

I have no words for how bad Emma Samms is. Yeah yeah, I know, long COVID, blah blah. They shouldn't have brought her back if she wasn't up to the task but fact remains she was never a strong actress and is even worse now. I find her as off-putting as I did Kim Delaney in her short-lived stint.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2022 6:42 AM

Gati would be a great long lost Dimera on Days. She is wasted on GH, and with her last onscreen relative leaving, who knows how long she'll last. And sorry, but being tethered to Scotty Baldwin is not job security.

Holly is a fail, as was Jackie, but a lot of it is the writing. It's terrible. They need to rescue Ethan, disclose that he's really Robert's son, and send them off into the sunset. If we have to wait until Victor unleashes the Ice Princess again to wrap this up, it'll take years. And I'm not giving GH many more.

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2022 9:04 AM

Oh, and yes, I realize she has Maxie and Nina, but I can't stand either of them, so I hardly count them as her family.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2022 9:06 AM

Looks like they have broken out the cue cards for Emma Samms. She constantly looks over her scene partners shoulder and not into their eyes. Yeah yeah, long covid and she can’t memorize lines. Stay home bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 10:19 AM

For a while they were trying to soften Victor, but now they've shown him to be a full on murderer. (Any long-time GH viewers remember anything about Holly's sister?) Doesn't seem like CS will be on the show for the long term

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 1:04 PM

@R39

Helena managed to do her villainy for decades, so we'll see. Maybe he and his band of true believers will form a militia and go colonize some remote island somewhere and turn it into a sovereign state. Eterna 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Shaughnessy is such an asset to the show—but it’s true, Victor is too evil to stick around forever.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 5:00 PM

CS is the only good part of the show other than Sprina. I’d hate to see him go.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2022 5:05 PM

When will Lucas return and help gay Curtis out of those tight pants?

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2022 5:44 PM

Holly's sister, Paloma, was heavily clothed and hooded when we saw her get "shot". Practically no one ever stays dead on GH. Probably deliberate so they have the option of bringing her back at some point, and to show that Victor isn't as evil as they're making him out to be.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2022 8:16 PM

Tristan Rogers and his wife are very much Democrats. He often tweets something he probably shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote]Tristan Rogers and his wife are very much Democrats. He often tweets something he probably shouldn't.

Thanks for the info, r45. I can't recall exactly what he said during covid lockdown that had me suspecting he was a repug because it's been so long now but the feeling really stuck with me. I'm happy to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2022 4:07 AM

TR and NLG are Democrats, but GH has the most MAGA set of all the soaps.

by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2022 4:09 AM

Shaughnessy is a lefty, too.

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2022 5:26 AM

Yesterday's repeat reminded me that nothing significant has happened on this show in a year, save the "death" of Peter.

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2022 8:55 AM

Who’s MAGA besides Duell, R47?

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2022 3:44 PM

I'm not r47, but I assume scientologist Marcus C. would be MAGA like his fellow borg member Kirstie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Some have said MB is. I don't follow him or listen to his show, so I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2022 8:22 PM

John staunch Catholic

Lots of religious talk.

Mo says when he was having one of his on set attacks he had to go do a scene with William deVry and Billy Miller.

He really is an egomaniac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2022 5:34 PM

There’s a reason why Emma Samms has never been nominated for an Emmy. Horrific ‘acting’.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2022 6:05 PM

Another example of coworkers for 30 years, but clearly not friends. This was 90% about Mo, and boring af.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2022 6:56 PM

I've only watched his show a few times. I'm surprised that anything gets done on the GH set with all the mental illness. Does everyone have to do his show?

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2022 6:59 PM

It sure seems like it. MB either has some weird level of BTS power (that people have speculated), or his castmates are afraid of his reaction if they decline.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2022 7:06 PM

Mo is forever insufferable. Has to be the worst coworker, the one who never reciprocates on the job and weighs down the whole culture.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2022 9:02 PM

So is John York anti- homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2022 9:03 PM

MB has also had non GH actors on his show before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2022 11:51 PM

R57 Two things can be true at once 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2022 7:57 AM

R60 Right Eric Braeden appeared before too. However the majority are current (and former) GH performers.

by Anonymousreply 62November 28, 2022 8:00 AM

One noticeable distinction from around December last year to now is how predictable the show has become again. We literally know how everything's going to play out: Willow's parental reveal, Trina's paternity reveal/schizophrenia trait, Cody's paternity lie reveal, Lucy's alive, Anna's innocence, Holly's deception and her reasoning behind it (possibly Ethan being in peril), Victor's comeuppance, Carly & Drew, Joss & Dex, Cameron out in the cold, friction between Nina & Sonny, Jeff or Carolyn being to blame for Reiko's death, possibly Esme and Willow's babies being switched lol it's predictable

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2022 8:22 AM

Also the current career switches for some characters are pretty boring. Carly not running the hotel isn't doing much for her, same for "Brenda K. Starr" reporter aka Alexis, or Chase as a singer. Nina taking Carly's place is a plot point that they're not utilizing fully either imo. The show is a mess that's in desperate need of a clean-up crew.

by Anonymousreply 64November 28, 2022 8:28 AM

*Correcting myself Brenda Starr reporter lol not Brenda K. Starr the singer 😆

by Anonymousreply 65November 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Mo should interview the obese soap twitter queens!!! They will be writing his show soon anyway! They keep making podcasts thinking it will catapult them to HWing one of the four dinosaur soaps left.

by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2022 8:33 AM

That fat obese ugly slob Casey Hutch is gonna be GH’s new headwriter. lololololololololololololololololololololol

by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2022 8:47 AM

I was looking forward to Alexis as Brenda K. Starr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2022 9:20 AM

Yep r62. There is a slight GH connection with Billy Flynn. In that was a rumor that GH was looking at bringing on Billy as a possible Morgan recast after he had gotten fired from Days. Ironically MB alleged to have put his foot down and said no to this and the show didn't go through with it and Billy was rehired by Days.

by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2022 10:06 AM

R69 I remember that vividly lol Maurice was against anyone playing Morgan, saying that they should just kill Morgan, so Frank went with that. Jean & Shelly wanted to recast.

by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2022 10:57 AM

R68 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2022 10:58 AM

I love Mariah Carey, however wasn't she accused of "stealing" Brenda K. Starr's career?

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2022 11:01 AM

Do GH stans really think this shit is better than what Ron was doing at the end of his tenure? I'm seriously asking. Isn't Jordan TJ's mother? They acted like strangers. Liz is breaking down because of her parents but is helping to imprison an expectant mother? Is Ryan really Franco's father instead of Scott?

by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2022 7:00 PM

Did Laura and Heather ever interact much back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2022 8:21 PM

There's no story value in Ryan being the father to a dead character like Franco. Heather being Esme's mother, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 75November 28, 2022 9:46 PM

Oh ok that's where they are going with that scene today with Heather running into Ryan - so predictable and stupid - haven't they seen each other in the hospital at all?

by Anonymousreply 76November 28, 2022 10:48 PM

I suspect they brought in Heather after backtracking on Felicia being Esme’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 77November 28, 2022 11:38 PM

R74 They did. I don’t remember exactly how but Laura was a volunteer in the hospital or Heather was. They did interact but I don’t think a lot.

by Anonymousreply 78November 29, 2022 3:35 AM

GH sits at a 1.3-1.5 HH rating and has been swiftly and steadily declining, save that brief period when FV and RC moved the focus away from Sonny. But plz go on Mo about being the reason the ship stays afloat. The network could afford whatever the fallout might be from your immediate firing.

by Anonymousreply 79November 29, 2022 8:29 AM

Alley Mills is not good.

by Anonymousreply 80November 29, 2022 8:54 AM

Emma Samms giving KeMo some competition in the sedate, sleepy and sluggish department.

by Anonymousreply 81November 29, 2022 9:08 AM

Laura Wright is on way more than Mo, R79.

There was one month last year where she was on literally every day. Viewers have been on Carly overload for years. And for what? She’s constantly shoehorned into stories and beats (like the Liz stuff) and even has character history rewritten to suit her (in what world was Drew ever some dopey sap even remotely interested romantically in her?)

She brings down an already terrible show. Not to mention LW is difficult to look at.

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2022 9:28 AM

Laura Wright is no more responsible than Maurice Benard for the sad state of GH. People have been complaining about the oversaturation of Carly and Sonny for two decades now. The writing isn't there. And while the acting is still pretty good, they can't overcome the lackluster storytelling

by Anonymousreply 83November 29, 2022 12:34 PM

Valentini is the cancer of GH.

by Anonymousreply 84November 29, 2022 2:20 PM

The boredom is crushing. It was nice to keep on while I work from home but it’s time to stick a fork in it. Until Spencer gets out of jail nothing is holding my interest.

by Anonymousreply 85November 30, 2022 3:05 AM

Carly is at Thankgiving at the Quartermaine's but not Monica? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 86November 30, 2022 3:07 AM

Monica hasn’t been on in ages. I fear Lezlie may be really ill or hurt. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 87November 30, 2022 3:45 AM

Did they forget Austin is a Q? He has a more legit reason to be in Monica's house than Snarly.

Better question - Did they forget Austin?

by Anonymousreply 88November 30, 2022 4:30 AM

Lezzy Charleson is on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 89November 30, 2022 5:29 AM

Shrimp on the barbie, eh?

by Anonymousreply 90November 30, 2022 5:55 AM

Fun couple of episodes, even though I don’t understand why everybody ended up at the Savoy on Thanksgiving night.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2022 1:35 AM

If TR was ready to leave the show, this would have been the perfect opportunity to have Robert leave with Holly. Glad he's going to stck around. They'll probably do some Robert Diane scenes which will be fun.

And this still leaves the door open for another Holly return if ES is up to it.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2022 2:10 AM

Egomaniac Mo probably doesn't have a clue how bad he looks in scenes with actual good actors like JPS.

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2022 9:50 AM

"Do you want to be a doctor because it's safer than admitting you have feelings for Dex?"

Who writes this shit?

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2022 9:52 AM

R94 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2022 11:39 AM

Joss should've decided to become a nurse, taking after Bobbie and subsequently having to shadow Elizabeth, which probably would've angered Carly. Eventually, she could've transitioned to a doctor; having her choose to become one based solely on helping Ava and Dex seems slightly of stretch, especially since she has never seemed to express an interest in medicine before. What was she originally going to school to become? It's understandable if she's young and undeclared however her reasoning for wanting to be a doctor is farfetched. These character career changes are becoming abrupt and a little extreme; Alexis as a reporter and Chase as a singer come to mind lol

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Please Emma Samms. Don’t ever return to GH until you learn how to act.

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2022 5:16 PM

Couldn't they find a better necklace to use. That thing looks so cheap.

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2022 5:23 PM

Victor and Cyrus.

Writers need to put these two in more scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2022 6:48 PM

According to NAC, Spencer has been in prison for so long because he was getting close to his guarantee for the year.

I wish they’d shelve Carly and Sonny like that.

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2022 8:19 PM

Can you imagine the massive amount of armaments that would warrant 10 mil per shipment just as a fee to use Sonny's ports? Seems a bit absurd, but how cool would it be if Victor's crazy climate change Holy War was a full-blown military event? I can't imagine how they would even begin to depict that. I suppose they're just setting it up to give gravitas to The Epic Looming Threat to be averted.

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2022 11:59 PM

I thought the weather story was dropped.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2022 1:37 AM

I do give kudos to Mr Chavez for admitting he masturbated alot during his downtime.

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2022 3:55 AM

Every story was dropped.

Didn't Jeff Webber come to town 3 or 4 weeks ago? Does anyone mention the Hook anymore?

by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2022 8:16 AM

Upcoming spoilers say "Jordan commends Rory" and "Trina is devastated and comforted by Ava". Speculation is Rory gets hooked while protecting Trina and dies a hero. If true, this eliminates Rory as the Hooker. Who then is the Hooker? It's not Esme, she's in Nik's attic. If it's the Asst DA or Deputy Mayor, then it's just another anti-climactic reveal. And yet again, a lame killing spree has failed to significantly trim down the bloated cast.

by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2022 10:10 AM

Too many storylines, none of them good.

by Anonymousreply 106December 3, 2022 1:03 PM

5150. For all three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2022 7:37 PM

R107 😆 What in the world was that

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2022 9:43 AM

^^^It was Marcus' continuing his suck up to Mo campaign to keep his job since he has zero talent.

Scientologists are trained to be over-the-top ingratiatingly friendly to win people over. See also: Tommy Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2022 10:55 AM

Yeah, but how does Marcus convince self-proclaimed mental health expert Mo and Kin Shriner to participate in this wackadoo shit?

He's not that good of an actor.

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2022 11:19 AM

Maurice looked horrible in a Star Trek uniform.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2022 4:48 PM

Does anyone have any idea why Coloma hasn't been fired yet?

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2022 6:43 PM

Either Mo is protecting him or he's fucking Frank on a daily basis. Maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2022 6:53 PM

Britt says she wants to "go out with a bang".

She will die on the Haunted Star at her birthday party, right?

Emmy reels for KT and Kathleen Gati.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2022 7:08 PM

My cock stinks!

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2022 7:38 PM

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2022 7:40 PM

Beats me, R112

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2022 12:48 AM

BEHOLD the story of Krampus!

Revel in the glory, delight in the gory, feast your eyes on sheer fabulosity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 6, 2022 6:59 AM

Ron clearly loved writing for Obrecht, and she was fabulous. I loved that version of the hospital set. Liz glowing. Monica walking. Patrick, Nik, Jake Doe and Nathan all looking hot as hell. Salad days.

by Anonymousreply 119December 6, 2022 9:18 AM

They say that Lezzy Charleson can’t even walk anymore.

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Has Marcus commented on fellow borg member Kirstie Alley's death? She was in the wedding party for his now defunct marriage.

by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2022 12:10 PM

I’m at the point with GH where I don’t even read recaps anymore. Sad! The list of dropped storylines a few comments up has me shaking my head.

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2022 12:40 PM

Hopefully, they can convince LC to make a few more appearances. Even if it's in a Lila 2 wheelchair capacity

by Anonymousreply 123December 6, 2022 1:27 PM

Which of you old queens has joined Nicky Chavez’s Patreon fan club?

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote]Which of you old queens has joined Nicky Chavez’s Patreon fan club?

I'm really turned off by this. He's gotten too big for his britches already. The membership levels aren't nominal either, $20, $35 and $50. Another Steve Burton milking the fans. I suppose he has to pay for his month-long European vacation and his Corvette.

He will leave thinking he's going to be a big movie star and then come back with his tail between his legs a year or so later. Like Michael E. Knight did at the height of his AMC fame.

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Thanks R118. Christmas Krampus was the first episode of GH that my husband Mark and I ever watched. We were always a CBS family but he was in the ICU that year and GH was the only thing on at 3:00pm. We became loyal viewers that day. My husband started a yearly tradition of sending that clip to our families every Christmas Eve. My dear Markie died at the end of August and I've been putting off watching Krampus and even wondering if I'd be able to send out the clip for him this year. Now I know I'll be able to do it. Thanks again and Hail Krampus!

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2022 3:18 PM

What’s with Rebecca Herbst being all boney? Anorexic much?

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2022 4:16 PM

Chavez is far too faggy to be a big star. He’s also not that good looking. His lopsided eyes are especially a detriment. He should ride the soap train until it finally derails.

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2022 7:23 PM

R126 that’s a sweet story. Happy Krampus to you.

by Anonymousreply 129December 7, 2022 7:38 PM

Chavez has a hard knock coming. He’s bored with GH. Go bye bye please. But he’ll never match the success of GH. Recast ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 130December 7, 2022 8:55 PM

Someone commented upthread how much Billy Moses looks like Tony Geary. I initially laughed at the idea, but now I must take those laughs back and apologize.

TV was on today as I walked through my living room. As I momentarily glance at the screen as I passed by, suddenly I thought I saw Luke Spencer on my screen. I shook my head thinking, "Wow, they sure managed to keep that a secret."

But then as I stopped and looked closed I realized it wasn't Tony Geary as Luke Spencer I was seeing but rather Billy Moses as Jeff Webber.

The two actors really have similar sized heads, similar facial features, similar coloring and similar hair.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2022 1:25 AM

^looked closely, not looked closed.

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2022 1:28 AM

Billy Moses sucks as Jeff. This story was a massive fail.

by Anonymousreply 133December 8, 2022 4:23 AM

R125, MEK didn’t have the access NAC does now. He’ll find work on Netflix or Hulu.

Apparently he’s really interactive with the fans on his Discord and holds regular Zoom calls with them. Better than promising to heal diabetes with MonaVie (RIP).

by Anonymousreply 134December 8, 2022 4:26 AM

R131 That was me 😆 and that same situation pretty much happened to me too, I had to do a double take because I thought he was Luke lol

by Anonymousreply 135December 8, 2022 5:30 AM

R133 Lmao it's just too bad they inserted Finn and Reiko, for an Elizabeth story centered around her and her parents with Finn supporting would've made more sense, however Frank cares more about Finn than Elizabeth. Heather could've told Elizabeth a secret about her past which would've led her to confronting her parents, which makes me wonder why is Heather even on, has she even interacted with Elizabeth or Jeff? Jeff's daughter being the widow to Heather's son is an interesting play on their history that they barely seem to address.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2022 5:37 AM

Cameron Mathison did the same thing as MEK, leaving AMC for greener pastures, only to return to AMC. However it worked out for Josh Duhamel, when he left AMC his career took off. I know he isn't in as many projects lately but I always wondered how Cameron felt about that, because Ryan and Leo were two of the most popular characters on AMC when they were on together.

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2022 5:42 AM

NAC has a really sweet and sincere demeanor about him lol I hope he doesn't get jaded by Hollywood to the point where it changes him.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2022 5:44 AM

Nothin about the Liz story holds water. Not having Jeff in anyone's orbit, especially with Bobbie and Laura (and maybe Monica?) still sort of around, and especially Heather. Where are they holding Steven Lars? Has he been mentioned? Fail after fail.

More Cyrus, less Victor Sheffield.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2022 8:27 AM

I think NAC will flop outside of GH because he has no heat with the ladies. He's very good in scenes sparring with Esme or Joss and debating with both Trinas but his few love scenes with Esme were lackluster. I don't see any chemistry between him and current Trina and very little with original Trina.

He may find that outside the orbit of the rabid soap stans "shipping" couples for no good reason and just seeing what they want to see that he's not that special and no one will be making a fuss over him daily.

I do give him immense credit for not falling for Marcus' sceintology b.s. like Johnny Wactor did.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2022 9:52 AM

NAC will fail outside of GH. He isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2022 10:32 AM

Actors who play popular characters leaving a soap to try their hand at other things has been happening since soaps got started.

Tony Geary left in 1983 and barely got any work for seven years. So, he came running back to GH in 1990.

Michael E Knight left the Tad Martin role on AMC twice -- in 1986 but came back in 1988 after his Date with an Angel big-screen movie failed. Then he left again in 1990 only to return for good in Dec, 1992.

Maurice Benard left GH for about a year in late 1996, but was back for a guest appearance for a few episodes less than a year later, then back for good a few months after that.

Grant Alexander left his role as Phillip on GL in late 1984 but was back in late 1986, two years after he left. He then exited again in early 1991 when he needed time off to mourn the back-to-back deaths of his parents. But he was back on soaps about a year later, playing Alec MacIntyre who romanced Kelly Ripa on AMC for two years. Not too long after exiting that role, he rejoined GL in early 1996.

Kim Zimmer exited her role as Reva on GL in 1990 by spectacularly driving off a bridge. Yet Hollywood yawned when she arrived. So, Kim played the role of Jodie during the final year of Santa Barbara. Then she spent two more years campaigning to get her job back as Reva before the show finally brought her back.

And the list goes on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2022 5:01 PM

r142

WHy didn't Grant go back to GL in 94? I was watching AMC at the time and I did like him there

by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2022 9:48 PM

r143 My understanding that JFP didn't want either Grant or Zimmer back. She'd managed to take GL to new heights and great acclaim without them and wasn't interested in having either back to hog screen time when there were so many other interesting characters.

by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2022 10:22 PM

Luckily it's now easier for soap actors to leave soaps and get a gig outside of the soaps. There was a big bias for a long time. And quite frankly, some of the best actors in soaps, are only good soap actors. What makes them special on soaps doesn't translate outside of soaps. Personally, I think NAC is okay, but - at the same time - I don't think that particular part calls for some kind of acting powerhouse. Romantic leading men on soaps only need to be able to embody the character and be somewhat pretty.

Tony Geary couldn't make it outside of soaps because he has character actor looks and no one in film or primetime is going to put up with his nonsense and his process.

by Anonymousreply 145December 8, 2022 10:36 PM

The most successful soap alums would probably be Julianne Moore or Kelly Ripa. Julianne Moore has had lots of acting success. Kelly probably has the most money from her hosting and advertisements.

by Anonymousreply 146December 8, 2022 11:40 PM

I believe Heather was brought on for Esme as it looks like the show backed off of Felicia being her mother R136.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2022 2:05 AM

I am now thinking Trina is going to get attacked in the Chuck and Rory will die protecting her. But who is the Hook?

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2022 2:25 AM

I still think the hook is the assistant DA and Rory is her brother. She'll probably expose herself after she accidentally kills him instead of Trina.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2022 8:12 AM

Rory can’t get killed fast enough. Terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2022 10:38 AM

I can't believe Rory and Trina did anal.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2022 5:37 PM

Does anyone visit SON now that Vee, who is in the biz, had PervSudz, Vicky Fuxton, and Kookoo banned? Does Dumb Dylan still have the scoop? Is amc2008 still creeping around? Is DRW still mopey eeyore? Does soapvetfan still use THE with every soap name? Does he still miss fatEd?

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2022 5:49 PM

Heather + Ryan = Heathen? I will say one thing, Alley Mills sure plays Heather a LOT more sexual than she ever was before. That randy old crone must be OD-ing on her hormone replacements! (IRL Alley is 71)

When Heather gave Ryan that good, hard smack across the face she said it was for how he "victimized" her Franco. I can't recall exactly what happened there, did he set him up for something he did?

by Anonymousreply 153December 10, 2022 12:14 AM

So glad they backed away from Felicia being the birth mother. Looks like the days of soaps telling stories of women being nonconsenting unwilling breeders is over.

by Anonymousreply 154December 10, 2022 12:20 AM

Felicia could still be the birth mother. Ryan stole one of Felicia's eggs, fertilized it, and implanted it into Heather.

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2022 12:34 AM

Did Vee who is in the biz sign off on this story?

by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2022 1:10 AM

Alley Mills misses her snatch getting eaten out by old Orson horndog Bean, so of course she’s playing Heather as a horny old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2022 3:53 AM

Watching Trina almost have an orgasm when Spencer walked into the Grille, then Rory standing up and barely reaching Spencer’s chest…somebody put the little fucker out of his misery.

by Anonymousreply 158December 10, 2022 11:19 AM

Is Heather back for good? I find the actress repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 159December 10, 2022 11:52 AM

Me, too R159 .

by Anonymousreply 160December 10, 2022 12:16 PM

Rory’s a little midget twerp and the actor is a homophobe. We don’t need that shit on GH.

by Anonymousreply 161December 10, 2022 12:30 PM

^^^Co-sign.

by Anonymousreply 162December 10, 2022 12:34 PM

R142 That's true; I'm familiar with all of those mentioned, and then some. Specifically on GH, a few years after Maurice returned, Jonathan Jackson, Steve and Ingo all left not too long after the other to try their luck in prime-time and film, only for Steve and Ingo to both return shortly after exiting. Sarah Brown wanted to leave in early 2000 once her contract was up, for similar reasons, however the network asked her to stay, for they were experiencing too many exits from their leading characters, so she stayed on for an additional year. When JFP took over, Sarah's year extension had almost completed, and she asked Sarah to stay, yet Sarah's mind was already made up.

by Anonymousreply 163December 10, 2022 2:40 PM

R144 That pretty much sums it up lol besides Santa Barbara, Kim landed tv movies of the week and episodic work, particularly a guest spot on Seinfeld. She would say that she "stayed too long at the fair" saying that she stayed in soap operas for far too long, resulting in her being typecast and not being able to fully make that leap from soaps to prime time & film (as a lead, unlike the role she had years prior in Body Heat, with the Kathleen Turner role being hers before a change was made, which is ironic, for Kim was Kathleen's recast on The Doctors and was playing the part around the time Body Heat was made)

by Anonymousreply 164December 10, 2022 2:48 PM

R145 Right there was a bias against hiring soap actors in the past. Typically the ones that made it back then were either only in their soap roles for a short period of time (like three years or under, max) or they played lesser known, minor or supporting characters. The most recognizable ones like the ones listed at R142 for example had a hard time because they were already well known in the soap community, and I recall stories of some mentioning how it hurt them in auditions, so they would try to downplay it or fail to mention it at all, which didn't exactly always work. Karen Lynn Gorney and Dorothy Lyman left AMC and attained success outside of soaps, though KLG's Tara was overshadowed by Lucci's Erica, even though Tara was positioned as the protagonist while Erica was originally the antagonist. Meg Ryan, Marisa Tomei, Lauryn Hill, they weren't on ATWT for more than a few years or less each, unlike Martha Byrne, who left ATWT after about 5 or 6 years, only to return a couple of years later. One star who never really seemed to want out of soaps is Maura West; after joining ATWT in 1995, she left after a year and moved to California with her first husband because of his job and because she was pregnant with her first child, only to return in 1997 and ended up falling in love with her fellow ATWT actor and having a bus load of kids with him. Primetime soaps were more than willing to take soap stars, such as Kristian Alfonso, Lisa Rinna (who was given Hunter Tylo's Melrose Place role after Hunter became pregnant), Michelle Stafford, Finola Hughes, Vanessa Marcil etc. And I agree, some soap stars are just really good soap actors lol and Tony Geary was more of a soap leading man (which he wasn't even originally supposed to be lol)

by Anonymousreply 165December 10, 2022 3:09 PM

I read something here on DL that Kim Zimmer was supposed to be the original female lead on Evening Shade, but CBS nixed it. I can't remember why they nixed it, but if she would have gotten that part it would have been a game changer for her.

by Anonymousreply 166December 10, 2022 3:22 PM

R147 Exactly which I suppose was meant to "surprise or shock" the audience. I honestly think they were initially leaning towards Felicia.

R155 That's a possibility. Two psychos having a psycho for a daughter is a different angle I suppose, for the offspring of two screwed up parents usually turn out well adjusted on soaps, sans some exceptions. It just seems like it'll be more of a "no wonder" when everyone learns the truth instead of a mouth dropper if Felicia turned out to be her mother, imo. Then Felicia would have to process everything Esme had done while dealing with the fact that she shares a kid with Ryan. It's more dramatic with Felicia and goes along with her and Ryan's history, of his obsession with her to the point that he wanted a child with her. I never knew Ryan and Heather even had any sort of relations lol was that mentioned years ago? I think she admired him iirc or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. The whole Mac and Dominique creating Cody in contrast to Ryan and Felicia making Esme would've actually aligned with each other in an interesting sort of way- both of them having long lost kids with a person from their past, even though the relationships and circumstances with Dominique and Ryan were like night and day.

by Anonymousreply 167December 10, 2022 3:28 PM

I'm in agreement with most of you, I'm not seeing Heather in Alley Mills portrayal lol if anything, I'm seeing the combination of Genie and Laura Wright that some mentioned 😆 I could see Alley as Carolyn or even as Elizabeth's troubled birth mother with Denise still as Carolyn, though obviously that's not the story they wanted to tell. Not only is Elizabeth's "huge story" all about Finn, her being in the Nikolas/Esme story is probably going to result in Esme hijacking what little story Elizabeth has already, for she's Franco's (and Steven Lars') little sister, aunt to Elizabeth's kids etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 168December 10, 2022 3:36 PM

R166 Oh wow really? Did that role go to Suzanne Pleshette? That definitely would have been a game changer for her lol maybe CBS felt that she was too identifiable as Reva. I know that Brian Bloom and Scott Bryce were cast on the Drew Barrymore & Aaron Spelling vehicle 2000 Malibu Road however they were probably specifically cast because they were both from ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2022 3:42 PM

R169, that role went to Marilu Henner. Again, I read it on DL. I have no reason to doubt it, because it was just so random. And we do know that Linda Bloodworth liked Zimmer and had issue hiring former soap actors.

Since Robin wasn't available to return as Heather, I think they should have gone with someone like Eileen Davidson or had Cynthia Watros play a dual role. I think they needed someone who can play sinister/comedic crazy, not cartoon crazy.

by Anonymousreply 170December 10, 2022 3:56 PM

R170 Thank you 😆 I had a feeling I was wrong, I just wanted to test my memory without Googling. I remember Evening Shade as part of their Monday night lineup if I'm not mistaken even though I never watched it lol. I remember Linda Bloodworth-Thomason; I had no idea she was behind that show. Les Moonves derailed her career according to her.

by Anonymousreply 171December 10, 2022 4:22 PM

Les and LBT fucked for years. She left CBS a hundred millionaire. I think she’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 172December 10, 2022 4:25 PM

R172 Oh really lol well she spoke on it in 2018, saying that he repeatedly turned down other shows she presented to the network over a seven year period in an attempt to derail her career. This was around the time all the allegations against him surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 173December 10, 2022 6:10 PM

r168

I'm having a brain fart but how would Esme be aunt to Elizabeth's children if Heather is her mom?

by Anonymousreply 174December 10, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] That pretty much sums it up lol besides Santa Barbara, Kim landed tv movies of the week and episodic work, particularly a guest spot on Seinfeld.

The primary reason that Kim Zimmer was cast as Jodie Walker during the final year of Santa Barbara is that Pam Long was HW during that last year and created the role of Jodie specifically for Zimmer.

Zimmer did have great chemistry with A Martinez, but then everybody had chemistry with A.

As for Evening Shade, my understanding is that CBS insisted on having a name actor as the female lead, so Marilu Henner got the part instead.

by Anonymousreply 175December 10, 2022 10:20 PM

@R174

Esme would only be half sister to Franco and Steven Lars. None of Liz's kids were ever adopted by Franco so there really is no relation. Even if there loosely was, that tie has been severed since Liz and Franco are no longer married. Esme is Kevin's niece, though, making Laura her aunt by marriage.

by Anonymousreply 176December 10, 2022 10:24 PM

Esme didn’t need parents. Cody didn’t need parents.

I mean, Heather and Ryan? Really? Heather and Scott being Franco’s mother was already stupid but now she’s the mother of a 20 year old? It’s like Finn’s wife having an affair with Jeff Webber when Liz was 14. I understand timelines and ages are fudged on soaps but some stuff is just plain stupid.

by Anonymousreply 177December 10, 2022 11:11 PM

LOL. I guess Esme was a change of life baby.

by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2022 12:08 AM

Well, Heather did boast that she "knew" Ryan inside and out, and that they liked a little pain in their playtime, so I think we can assume Heather was pegging Ryan on the regular, making Esme his butt baby. Yes, I think that's it.

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2022 12:19 AM

have they actually confirmed Esme's parents?

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2022 12:21 AM

Not explicitly, R180, but Heather and Ryan spoke of “the child we created together” in Friday’s cliffhanger. Interesting choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 181December 11, 2022 8:00 AM

I've hate watched GH for years because it's such a dumpster fire. But I'm actually offended by another retcon/recharacterization of Heather. I was a kid when she used to sneak out of the mental health facility and wreak havoc. She quickly became my favorite. 40 years later she's a vulgar slut with zero redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 182December 11, 2022 8:45 AM

Jon Lindstrom is a good actor and underrated. I'm still salty that he lost the Emmy a couple of years ago to sputtering, cue card reading Mo.

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2022 8:51 AM

When is Mo going to finally lose it Ye style?

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2022 12:55 PM

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2022 2:38 PM

I love Mo. He can cum in me anytime. Anytime. Jon Lindstrom, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2022 9:54 PM

Hey Becky! I'm not a fan of yours. But even I admit you don't deserve this complete shit of a story. What in the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2022 6:57 PM

MC has unfollowed all GH cast members on social media and removed any mention of the show from his IG bio.

by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]MC has unfollowed all GH cast members on social media and removed any mention of the show from his IG bio.

This sound like a promising development.

by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2022 10:28 PM

Funny, I thought his scene today with Spencer was actually pretty good. At least he was trying and I thought he actually had a tear in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 190December 13, 2022 1:43 AM

Someone needs to get Elizabeth a gift card for Kelly's or Charlie's so she can get a burger. You can count her ribs in today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 191December 13, 2022 1:56 AM

Well she's pregnant now so she'll fatten up.

by Anonymousreply 192December 13, 2022 2:01 AM

[quote]MC has unfollowed all GH cast members on social media and removed any mention of the show from his IG bio.

'Tis the thetan to be jolly!

by Anonymousreply 193December 13, 2022 4:42 AM

MC unfollowed everyone, though. He follows 0 people on IG and only Elon Musk (shudder) on Twitter. Agree that he’s been better lately as Nikolas has painted himself into a corner with this Esme mess.

by Anonymousreply 194December 13, 2022 5:31 AM

Nicholas Alexander Chavez is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Alley Mills is too old to play Esme's mother.

by Anonymousreply 196December 13, 2022 8:30 AM

I'd love for milquetoast MC to be replaced but I'm not getting excited yet.

Speculation is it's a stunt to make audience believe that Nik is actually dead (Ryan? Heather?). Then he comes back after a short absence like Esme did. MC has done everything short of publicly blowing MB to cement his status on the show and unfortunately I believe it has worked.

TempNik, Adam something, played mean guy holding Esme hostage way better and had a more commanding build and presence.

by Anonymousreply 197December 13, 2022 10:02 AM

I’ve never really cared about Nik no matter who was in the role. TC never really impressed me though. MC was much better when he first started, I will admit.

by Anonymousreply 198December 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Yep, tempNik, Adam Huss, was good and hot and is family, so I'll light a candle for him to get the role.

by Anonymousreply 199December 13, 2022 10:07 AM

Wasn’t Heather locked up for years? Another rewrite, I guess. Esme having parents does nothing for this show though so what is the point. I hate how they have to connect all of the newbies. Bad enough they’re throwing Cody on Mac who should’ve had biological kids years ago.

by Anonymousreply 200December 13, 2022 10:07 AM

Will Liz be borrowing BL's fake baby bump for a few months and then raise Esme's child when Esme turns up dead? Finally a daughter? The kid's a Webber in name only, but might grow up with one as a mother.

by Anonymousreply 201December 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Let's be Liz, a struggling single mother of 3 kids by 3 different men, who decides to pretend to be pregnant again.

by Anonymousreply 202December 13, 2022 11:59 AM

Becky Herbst should stop showing her boney chest. She’s anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 203December 13, 2022 12:13 PM

Did they fire Coloma to pay for NLG's shitty brow lift and Botox, or LW's Haynes Her Way white sweatshirt?

Sorry, I know you girls love this show, but c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 204December 13, 2022 6:44 PM

Someone get Becky a burger, milkshake and some fries. That chest of hers is scary looking. The lighting really accentuated it.

Is MC fired or not? Send him back to the sea org or mothership or wherever the hell he and his thetans reside. Clearwater, FL?

by Anonymousreply 205December 13, 2022 7:43 PM

I'm sorry, but Maxie is bigger than ever. She looked massive today.

by Anonymousreply 206December 13, 2022 7:47 PM

There's jumping the shark and there's hitting rock bottom. We hit rock bottom today. Sorry, Frank, but you need to go, along with the writers and half the cast.

by Anonymousreply 207December 13, 2022 8:07 PM

Did Kirsten gain 20 lbs in a few weeks? Good lord.

And I’ve noticed Becky gets really skinny every few years. The bones in her chest are incredibly prominent and she’s so flat chested now. She was this skinny or a possibly a bit smaller during the Jake Doe story. She looked like a bobblehead.

by Anonymousreply 208December 13, 2022 9:43 PM

Obviously Kirsten Storms is stealing all Becky Herbs's meals.

by Anonymousreply 209December 13, 2022 9:54 PM

Is it just me or were there way too many ppl on today's show

by Anonymousreply 210December 14, 2022 12:22 AM

Is 60 year old Nina gonna be knocked up by Sonny’s magical sperm?

by Anonymousreply 211December 14, 2022 12:28 AM

Cynthia is 54, but show might claim Nina is 45ish.

Sonny's magic sperm might be able to find the one egg Nina has left and impregnate it. Likely with twins. After all Nina's previous litter were twins -- Willow and Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 212December 14, 2022 12:34 AM

Would the show really give Sonny another child with another woman? At some point it becomes a cartoon, and remember, GH is the "serious" soap.

by Anonymousreply 213December 14, 2022 12:57 AM

I believe Maxie is getting shorter as she gets fatter - like some big vise is squashing her!

by Anonymousreply 214December 14, 2022 1:23 AM

Maybe Maxi is pregnant with quintuplets.

by Anonymousreply 215December 14, 2022 1:26 AM

Maxie’s so big her Society Setup required half a dozen teamsters and a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 216December 14, 2022 4:10 AM

[quote]Maybe Maxi is pregnant with quintuplets.

Have they ever indicated that she and Austin even have sex, R215? Similar to Liz and Finn, who are dishing out the "I love yous" all over the place, but still haven't even slept together. Ridiculously unrealistic for grown adults in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 217December 14, 2022 6:42 AM

Brandon Barash dodged a fatso when he dumped fat Kristen Storms. Yikes she is huge.

by Anonymousreply 218December 14, 2022 8:40 AM

If Frank is cleaning house then he needs to find a way to put KStorms on recurring. Maybe also put another contract player on recurring at the same time so as not to appear that KSt is being singled out for being visually unappealing. I nominate NLG and/or KeMo to be downgraded to recurring with KSt. Major cost savings. Perhaps use the surplus funds to hire competent writers?

Gonzo Gregory and Hat Daddy don't need to be on contract either. Downgrade them to recurring.

I'm not getting excited yet about MC being sacked, I want an official confirmation. But if it's true, although it took too long (about two years too long), I would give FV credit for finally seeing past the over-the-top ingratiating tactics of cult members. They are trained to be overly nice and your instant best friend to facilitate recruitment. Interesting that the person MC did manage to recruit got the heave-ho, Johnny Wactor. Were MC and JW being too aggressive with their cult recruitment tactics under the guise of "friendly"? I notice young Chavez distanced himself from both MC and JW after initially being very chummy. Smart of Chavez to protect his newfound very comfortable income and not blow it on "courses to cross bridges" and enrich little demon midget Miscavage.

by Anonymousreply 219December 14, 2022 9:32 AM

That hottie (lol) Alan Sarapa is insisting that Coloma got fired.

by Anonymousreply 220December 14, 2022 10:00 AM

It seems like Easton is begging to get released, based on his hammy overacting. He's never been great, but he's really been bad lately.

It also seems like Frank or the writers have turned on Watros. The writing for Nina is godawful.

Did Genie just come back for the Holly blink-and-you-miss-it visit?

by Anonymousreply 221December 14, 2022 10:06 AM

Somehow I got trapped in a rabbit hole of recent Michael vs Sonny clips. Not only are they great performances from both actors, but Chad Duell is really hot in a normal guy kinda way.

by Anonymousreply 222December 14, 2022 11:41 AM

Reddit is saying that it is because MC had a falling out with MW, he was "rude" to her. MW had already "unfollowed" him long before his mass unfollowing of everyone on GH. Those who watch all those zoom events with the cast say MC and MW seem to have a "buffer" person between them lately during those events and don't really interact.

She was his cheerleader at first so something must have happened for her to change her tune. Obviously, MW is way more valuable to GH than this bland, dead-eyed lightweight actor and FV will keep her happy.

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2022 12:36 PM

He seems like the type that would start parking across the street from her house so he can meet her at the mailbox to apologize and beg for another chance.

Andy Dixon won't have it.

by Anonymousreply 224December 14, 2022 12:48 PM

Looks like the show's already moved on to a Nic Liz pairing. MW can work with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 225December 14, 2022 12:54 PM

MW hasn’t sold a single pairing since her time on GH. I think she’s great but I find her overrated this soap stint.

In a Zoom last week, NLG was asked how her book is coming along. She said some of it depends on if she stays past her contract which is up in October. I’m actually surprised she isn’t recurring yet. Alexis is really just a talk-to these days.

by Anonymousreply 226December 14, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]Gonzo Gregory and Hat Daddy don't need to be on contract either. Downgrade them to recurring.

They already are recurring. Always have been.

by Anonymousreply 227December 14, 2022 4:18 PM

No, they’re both on contract, believe it or not

by Anonymousreply 228December 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Have Ava revenge-fuck Spencer. *That’s* soap opera, baby.

by Anonymousreply 229December 14, 2022 4:37 PM

I'd like to give Genie and Gregory a chance at a pairing. The actor who plays Kevin doesn't like too much taping.

by Anonymousreply 230December 14, 2022 4:42 PM

I think Kevin (and Ryan) are boring as hell. Genie and Gregory sound good to me.

Even Jane couldn't bring herself to make a Christmas visit this year. She must (try to) watch.

by Anonymousreply 231December 14, 2022 4:51 PM

R226, Bryan Craig and MW worked. MW also has chemistry with Lindstrom, though it's not a conventional romantic pairing. She was great with Tyler Christopher as well. You can't fault her for Columa. He's just awful. In general, she's perceived to make her scene partners work harder than they would otherwise. I think that's the core of why people appreciate her.

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Am I the only one who just barely tolerates Genie. She has always come across as a big whiner and a complainer to me. I really don't give a rats ass about her fluctuating weight, that happens to everybody at some point. Genie just never seems happy, there's always some problem behind the scenes. It's not 1981 anymore, the soap game has changed.

by Anonymousreply 233December 14, 2022 4:56 PM

I blame no regime ever writing anything meaningful for Genie. Her turns during the Stefan years, and her mental collapse when she won her Emmy, proved her worth. There's no writing for anyone. Finola must enjoy the check, because she hasn't had a decent story or screen match in a decade, and that includes lady Val. He turns my stomach trying to be sexy.

by Anonymousreply 234December 14, 2022 5:09 PM

Why does SON post the nielsen ratings twice? Errol is an idiot. He is scared to ban Vee, who is in the biz, you know. The biz!

by Anonymousreply 235December 14, 2022 5:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 14, 2022 5:33 PM

New thread for when this one locks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 14, 2022 5:58 PM

Did Maura Rivers get MC fired?

by Anonymousreply 238December 14, 2022 10:13 PM

R217 That is a excellent observation lol since we've never seen Liz/Finn nor Maxie/Austin have sex, does that mean they haven't yet or are we just being led to believe that they have offscreen? Lol I just assumed both couples were sexually active. Sex scenes, especially a couple's first time together are a huge deal. I can see why they wouldn't with Kirsten, however I don't know why they wouldn't with Becky.

I know it's a moot point now however I think Britt/Austin would've made a better pair while they should've paired Maxie with Spinelli again. Cody could've caused trouble for Sam & Dante, maybe shake them up a little since they're kind of boring at times. Britt/Cody & Maxie/Austin both seemed off, even though the primary reason was for Britt & Maxie to prop them.

by Anonymousreply 239December 14, 2022 11:49 PM

We're only three months away from the 60th and the show is a mess lol I'm assuming they're trying to stretch all of these "reveals" until somewhere around there (Willow's maternity, Esme's maternity, their babies' births, Trina's paternity, Cody's paternity) which are essentially four different takes on parental reveals at once lol

by Anonymousreply 240December 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Are they doing a baby switch with Esme and Willow? That's usually why two soap characters are pregnant at the same time. Unless they're doing a one baby needs the parts of another baby to survive to story.

by Anonymousreply 241December 15, 2022 12:06 AM

R241 You're right, and I'm wondering if they are planning a switch too. Even though Willow was already involved in one, I was thinking that would be a reason for them to not do another one with her, unless she's on the other end this time with her baby actually surviving while Esme's doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 242December 15, 2022 12:15 AM

No way both of those babies survive. Esme should’ve been faking all along, btw. How stupid to put a real pregnancy on that character.

And I don’t fault MW for MC, R232 - even though she had chose him for the role. She’s just not a romantic lead on GH. But the writing is also all over the place for Ava. Crying over Nikolas for years has really watered down the character so I can’t take her seriously when she’s stabbing the divorce papers against the wall near his head or threatening violence. She’s a sap.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2022 6:28 PM

THANK YOU JEEBUS HES FINALLY OUT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 20, 2022 7:51 PM

[quote] MW also has chemistry with Lindstrom

Agree. They worked together on World Turns and definitely had chemistry there too. In fact, the fact that they DID have chemistry probably went some way toward the audience somewhat accepting him as a recast.

by Anonymousreply 245December 20, 2022 7:59 PM

I didn't see this upthread - Sonya Eddy has died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 20, 2022 8:05 PM

R246. Noooooooo

by Anonymousreply 247December 21, 2022 11:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!