Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It’s sad to see people on this forum defend and bend over backwards for Republicans

Acting like Republicans haven’t made it clear that they’ll strike down gay rights. Crazy on a gay forum to see so many shills for Republicans and the latest conservative talking points (even though most gay people are liberal and Democratic). Hm…

by Anonymousreply 145November 28, 2022 12:02 AM

What Republican talking points are you referring to? Gay people are not a monopoly, but just because one doesn't walk in lockstep with the Democrats on every single issue does not make one a Republican (or a Nazi).

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2022 1:26 PM

The noise is coming from inside the log cabin!

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2022 1:27 PM

Don’t confuse DL denizens with the traitor trolls.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2022 1:29 PM

R1

-The most recent: “The election is a fraud!”

-All of the anti-black, racist language.

-Turning every thread into an anti-trans thread.

Etc.

Use your brain. Promoting these arguments is helping Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2022 1:30 PM

Most gay people are independent minded, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2022 1:32 PM

R5

Lying troll.

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2022 1:33 PM

Every Fox News talking point shows up here and they’re trying to make it the majority on this forum and drown out everyone else. They spam like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2022 1:36 PM

The good thing about encountering those people is it makes it easier to know who to block.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2022 1:39 PM

Like r1 for instance!

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2022 1:39 PM

R7 It’s a good thing I don’t have to watch Fox News, and I just get the Cliffs Notes here!

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2022 1:42 PM

If not an anonymous forum, where else can we discuss about things we’re dissatisfied with the party? I can support the Democrats overall but have criticism on certain things. Do I think they’re overdoing the trans and ‘equity’ issue at times? Yes. Will ever I vote republican? No.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2022 1:43 PM

Also, it’s fun to point and laugh at the pathetic flailings of the traitor trolls.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2022 1:44 PM

Take away gay rights, OP?

That the LEAST OF IT. They want us all back in the closet. They want us not-only to not have equal rights but they want society to hate us AND deny our existence. They want any openly gay person to suffer and have no place in society.

You know how all these American rightwing bigots like to say, "At least you don't get thrown off of buildings like in the Middle East" as if that's some consolation for the oppression still in the Western world. Well, that's what they want. They want to be able to throw us off buildings if we dare exist openly... or even get caught "seeming gay" somehow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2022 1:48 PM

Every single thread like this starts with an OP saying "There are too many Republicans on here!" and immediately one of said Republicans shows up, complaining that they've just got different opinions and are "independent minded" etc. etc. It's a pattern.

Anyway, we have a lot of rightwing trolls on here, and two or three of them have a whole pile of sockpuppets so it makes it seem like there's tons of them.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2022 1:49 PM

So? What good is being gay if a criminal that Kim Foxx doesn't want to prosecute, kills you?

Most of you that back Democrats aren't ever gonna have a date again in your lives, so what's the point?

It's like all the gays blaming Reagan when the use of a condom, which was known in 1983 to prevent HIV would've stopped almost all of it. And yes that was the guidelines in 1983

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2022 2:10 PM

R15 only has 4 posts. It’s a new right-wing troll account.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] Every single thread like this starts with an OP saying "There are too many Republicans on here!'

And that's not a "pattern" itself, R14?

Pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2022 2:24 PM

Republicans are not "independent minded" -- their politicians vote as their leaders tell them too, which is why they do so well in the Senate and House, whereas Democrats are all over the map.

People who vote for republican ;politicians act similarly -- their brains are basically wired to pick up whatever their leaders tell them, and they vote without question.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2022 2:37 PM

No one on this thread said "Republicans are independent minded".

The statement was GAYS are independent minded.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2022 2:39 PM

You won't find many republicans or democrats who are independent thinkers. Most follow the same old talking points their party puts out there.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2022 2:42 PM

Not a new one r16 but definitely a troll account. He's near the top of my ignored file and since I never clean it out (because I am lazy) that means he's been in there for months. Possibly some sockpuppet that only gets used occasionally, which is why he doesn't have many posts showing right now.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Serious question: how do you check account details on someone signed anonymously?

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2022 3:04 PM

r22 I also don't know how some people track other people's posts. It's not as if DL has a feed the same as a Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2022 3:07 PM

Please give an example of a specific same-sex right that Republicans want to take away.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2022 3:19 PM

R22 and R23 may indeed be new trolls, if they don't realize we can easily see the pedo-defending crap r22 said on "Man sexually assaulted 14-year-old boy" and all the anti-trans pro-Repug stuff r23 said on "Texas GOP looks to restrict transgender health care and drag shows."

I'm sorry someone told you that DL was so anonymous we couldn't see multiple posts of yours at one time, but they were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] Please give an example of a specific same-sex right that Republicans want to take away.

Gay marriage

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Why bother, r24? We could quote the official Republican platform and their anti-gay stance and you would ignore it. We'd remind you of "don't say gay" and you'd tell us it had nothing to do with gays. We'd remind you of Thomas suggesting gay marriage was unconstitutional and you'd say "he never said that." We know what kind of person you are.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2022 3:21 PM

R25 I have been here for over a year, though. And continue to take my comment out of context, lol. You sound illiterate.

And no, gay men aren't a monolith. We all have different backgrounds and beliefs, and that's a beautiful thing.

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2022 3:26 PM

Ah I see how now. You block a poster and can see their posts in the ignored tab. Well isn’t that counterproductive since you don’t want to see posts from a poster but then stalk and read all their posts anyway? You guys have issues R16/R21/R25. Just like the inane person who blocks people and then reply with the post number to see what they wrote. Please get a life or some therapy.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2022 3:28 PM

Clearly r29 needs to speak with the manager.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2022 3:30 PM

It's amazing how "independent thinkers" on DL are always spewing homophobic, racist. and transphobic right-wing talking points.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 3:30 PM

Repugs hate being called out on their shit, and therefore complain that it’s possible to hold them responsible for their words.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 3:31 PM

Editor, someone is blocking people RIGHT OUT IN CLASS! Delete this thread!

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 3:31 PM

No need R30. I’m already speaking with people who think they’re moderators or Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 3:32 PM

"All gays don't march in lockstep" = "Drop the T and lower my taxes" with a heaping side of racism and misogyny. Every. Single. Time.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 3:32 PM

[quote]It’s sad to see people on this forum defend and bend over backwards for Republicans

You can't distinguish between trolls and parody, right, OP?

And you're a useless troll yourself by posting the word "sad."

A Trumpian term.

You've never lifted a finger for the republic or our democracy, right?

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 3:33 PM

"Independent thinkers"... Independent in the sense that they dig from various sources: Breitbart, Daily Caller, Newsmax, FOX News, Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens,... A variety of sources. Not to mention the Internet Research Agency.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 3:33 PM

R29 blatantly revealing their troll status by admitting they're still figuring out how Datalounge works, when it hasn't had a redesign since about 2008.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Yeah, the guy saying we shouldn't take his comments out of context was saying "drag is sexually explicit and it's grooming children" and "I know many Ivy League educated Republicans who are very concerned about drag shows grooming our children, and it's our job to protect children at all costs." It's over in this thread, which is a troll-a-palooza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 3:34 PM

I agree with you R11

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 3:37 PM

R38. Or I joined a couple years and haven’t clicked the ignored tab until today. It’s quite hard to see since the watched tab is so damn long.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 3:37 PM

No, you’re clearly a troll

And a stupid one at that

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 3:39 PM

R39 Why do you think the points I raised aren't valid? Use your remaining brain cell.

Just because arguments don't conform to radical/progressive talking points don't make them trollish. Do you have a child or nephew, R39? Because those concerns are raised by actual PARENTS. Their concerns outweigh those of any overly zealous equity pedant.

I've met more Republicans who are more open to wholesome discussion than some of y'all. Like R11, where ELSE can we have discussions like these? Our community shouldn't be a hivemind.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 3:43 PM

You still here, r43? Go home, son. Joke's over.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 3:45 PM

OP you do know ANYONE can post here, right? Meaning Str8 Repigs come here too?

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote] Because those concerns are raised by actual PARENTS.

What about the concerns of parents who don’t want these PARENTS to tell them who can read to their children at the library

Or do only nazi parents’ opinions count?

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2022 3:50 PM

R45, I think we're all well aware that anyone, including right-wing trolls, can post here.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2022 3:55 PM

R43, your true community is having vigorous discussions on Daily Stormer. Or Truth Social. Or Gab.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2022 3:55 PM

R46 I do think anyone can read to kids at the library, even drag queens - as long as it's something like Geronimo Stilton or Diary of a Wimpy Kid (my faves). Books that are AGE-APPROPRIATE. Not a transitioning manual disguised as a children's book.

What I take offense is sexually-explicit shows - drag shows, Hooter's, strip shows, etc. Gay-themed or straight shows, get kids away from them.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2022 3:55 PM

"wholesome discussion"

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote]I've met more Republicans who are more open to wholesome discussion than some of y'all.

Fucking HILARIOUS trolling. 🤌

You can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2022 4:07 PM

Does this stupid troll really think that popping out crotch fruit gives you the right to control what other people do?

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2022 4:09 PM

Get ready for even more basic MAGA trolling.

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2022 4:09 PM

Clearly r47 some are NOT but you knew that, hon.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2022 4:10 PM

Dumbvida's old vagina is more barren than an Arctic tundra. I don't know why she cares.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2022 4:11 PM

MAGA is SO desperate for relevance right now. The next two years will be delicious to watch. I hope they tear the entire Republican party apart.

DELICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2022 4:12 PM

Dumbvida is definitely barren at her advanced age, but you know damn well she probably had more kids pulled out of her than a burning orphanage back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2022 4:15 PM

Scraped out of her, you mean

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2022 4:16 PM

Liberals are just as crazy, if not crazier than right wingers. They are losing middle ground because they are saying utterly insane shit.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2022 4:16 PM

Both sides! Both sides!

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2022 4:18 PM

They're trolls, paid to cause chaos among Americans--all part of Putin's plan.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2022 4:19 PM

R59, sure, right-wingers want to take away our rights, while liberals are defending them, but liberals are the crazy ones.

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] Liberals are just as crazy, if not crazier than right wingers. They are losing middle ground because they are saying utterly insane shit.

Oh, honey, I don't have time for your amateur comedy hour.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] Please give an example of a specific same-sex right that Republicans want to take away.

We always get this trolling question...trying desperately to make us think the GOP just loves gays and wouldn't do anything against us.

For God's sakes, finding just 10 GOP votes in the Senate to overturn DOMA is an uphill battle!

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2022 7:13 PM

I’d do anything for Doug….and he’d bend over backwards for me!

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2022 7:58 PM

OP They aren't holding Jews for Hitler meetings anymore, so we had to move over to Gays for Republicans meetings instead.

Heil DeSantis!

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2022 8:03 PM

But their real men. These alphas get yall moist.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2022 8:43 PM

OP writes,

[Quote][Bold][Italic]It’s sad to see people on this forum defend and bend over backwards for Republicans[/Italic] | Acting like Republicans haven’t made it clear that they’ll strike down gay rights. Crazy on a gay forum to see so many shills for Republicans and the latest conservative talking points (even though most gay people are liberal and Democratic). Hm…[/Bold]

I will explain it you:

Economics.

It used to be that people with money and of professions like doctors and lawyers voted Republican. That working class people voted Democrat. Now, we are on a trendline of the opposite.

People are not basing their votes only on what you think is important.

This may not please you. But, what is truly bad is if you do not make yourself aware.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2022 9:47 PM

R68 - The reality is all most gays (and lesbians) are college-educated - they are doctors, lawyers, academics, government bureaucrats, etc - as most of all of us here in DL. And even in this group, the political inclinations are diverse. I myself am slightly socially liberal and solidly fiscally conservative.

by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2022 7:35 AM

[Quote] I myself am slightly socially liberal and solidly fiscally conservative.

Except that’s not really possible.

You want equality for all races but want to cut taxes so governments can’t help poor people?

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2022 1:56 AM

The trolls pretending to be gay says they are fine with anti-gay legislation as long as it’s anti-trans too

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2022 1:58 AM

They are not trolls pretending to be gay, they're gay. Look at the percentage of gays who voted for Trump or Romney or McCain or W Bush or who voted for republicans in this last election. I know it makes it easier to sleep at night to think that DL is infested with tons of racist and homophobic non gay trolls, but no. There are a lot of Trumper gays, conservative gays, racist gays, homophobic gays. DL isn't immune to that. An anonymous forum where they can say what they want without blowback, c'mon. The call is coming from inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2022 2:10 AM

r72, you have zero proof of anything you're blabbing about. Drama much? Sheeeeeeesh!

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2022 2:29 AM

OP, it's true there are right-wing trolls on DL, but I suspect what you want is for everyone here to toe your party line in every particular. Not interested. People get to have their own opinions, whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote]I know it makes it easier to sleep at night to think that DL is infested with tons of racist and homophobic non gay trolls, but no.

I think you're misreading the situation here. There are a lot of trolls on here who pretend to be a lot of things, depending on what the thread's about. Of course some of the trolls are DL regulars and gays; there's a lot of overlap between Boomer values and rightwing values, all the "kids should have to say the Pledge every morning, blacks and women should know their place, I'm as liberal as the day is long" types fit right in with the trolls, even though they're in denial about it. But that doesn't mean all our trolls are Log Cabin gays.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2022 2:47 AM

Ehem. They bend FORWARD for Republicans. Not backwards.

by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2022 2:55 AM

The only thing that people screaming about everyone being Repugs on here is trans crap. Here's the truth:

Repugs hate trans because they think they are gay.

Gays and smart liberals hate trans because we know they are not gay but have no problem using us for their convenience and to take their fire.

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2022 2:56 AM

When you block a few of these trolls, you realize that, often, several accounts are really the same poster (the usual suspects.) Plus, we acquired a contingent of right wing fraus who are all over those BRF and true crime Websleuths-wannabe threads. They also tend to resurface on anti-trans and "look at the pedos/groomers" threads, too.

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2022 3:17 AM

True, r78. I remember we had someone who always called Pelosi "Cunt Pelosi" with the unnecessary capital C, and I thought he kept falling out of my ignored list, but it turned out he had like six accounts, all saying the exact same things.

I'll also never remember what thread it was, but once someone was being a dink and I put them on ignore, and when they realized I wasn't responding to them, they came back with a second account, then a third, then a fourth, all saying "hey r79 why won't you answer my question at r75 huh huh?" Not exactly subtle.

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2022 3:20 AM

Simple minded left-fringe extremists are one and the same ignorant lot as the far right idiots they rave about exhaustively in their echo chamber. The irony would be humorous, if it wasn’t so tiring.

I am educated and informed enough to discuss issues openly, with others equally as capable.. I don’t fear people or varying opinions. And no party affiliation determines my beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2022 3:57 AM

^I agree, precisely.

by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2022 4:29 AM

Diana, Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 82November 19, 2022 4:48 AM

She was the good one.

by Anonymousreply 83November 19, 2022 4:55 AM

[quote] Simple minded left-fringe extremists are one and the same ignorant lot as the far right idiots they rave about exhaustively in their echo chamber.

[quote] I am educated and informed enough to discuss issues openly, with others equally as capable.. I don’t fear people or varying opinions. And no party affiliation determines my beliefs.

Oh, look at Mr. Intelligence who thinks right wing extremist killing people is the same as leftist Cancel Culture. So deep, dude.

by Anonymousreply 84November 19, 2022 6:02 AM

Not gay, I am a beautiful lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 19, 2022 8:42 AM

Poor R84 doesn't realize he is exactly what R80 described.

by Anonymousreply 86November 19, 2022 8:46 AM

R85 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 87November 19, 2022 8:57 AM

Why? They're trolls. Creepy, Fox news-watching trolls who scurry the Internet like cockroaches looking for predominately left-wing sites to shit on. Why give them this power or attention? They love it.

by Anonymousreply 88November 19, 2022 10:55 AM

[quote] predominately

No, dear. Predominantly.

by Anonymousreply 89November 19, 2022 11:00 AM

[quote]I am educated and informed enough to discuss issues openly, with others equally as capable..

And yet it seems that in other threads you have deemed nearly everyone here incapable of matching your intellect and education. Curious. Also, which university teaches that an ellipsis is two dots and not three? Asking for a friend.

[quote]I don’t fear people or varying opinions. And no party affiliation determines my beliefs.

Which is why you called liberals "simple minded left-fringe extremists" who are exactly the same as violent far-right extremists, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2022 11:05 AM

R89 Fuck off. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2022 11:12 AM

So many posts by far-right operatives in a mass shooting thread trying to spread hate and turn it into an anti-drag, anti-trans, anti-black, or anti-brown thread.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2022 8:24 PM

Yes, OP, it's sad to see people defend those who voted for a lying, cheating, corrupt, idiot who would destroy democracy to install himself as an Emperor with No Clothes. His son-in-law takes 2 billion in blood money from the Saudis while Republicans go after Hunter Biden who sat on a board of directors for $50,000 a month. That's a common thing on many boards who seek big name members and not partisan at all, but grifting for billions? Republicans don't care.

Now we face years of frivolous investigations like with Benghazi while they try to strip voting and other rights at the same time. I know some wacky left wing progressives but their crimes are things like trying to keep chickens from egg-laying prison cages, planet saving environmental acts, and having compassion for refugees. Shooting up schools and other public places or not their thing. Catering to extremists and angry gun nuts is a Republican thing.

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2022 8:40 PM

[quote]So many posts by far-right operatives in a mass shooting thread trying to spread hate and turn it into an anti-drag, anti-trans, anti-black, or anti-brown thread.

People like you are such reactive simpletons. No one is doing what you are accusing people of doing. No one. I'm so sick of you fucking morons who can't think beyond black/white. You are unable to discuss ANYTHING. You are unable to see gray. Fucking todder logic.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2022 8:50 PM

R92 wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2022 9:03 PM

There's a special place in hell for gay republican quislings, backing and enabling politicians who use stochastic terror against LGBTQ+. These loathsome quislings have blood on their hands as yet another shooting in a LGBTQ+ safe place has taken place in Colorado. And more will follow.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2022 9:24 PM

[R24]

Gay marriage, just the other day. Stop being disingenuous and gaslighting

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2022 9:35 PM

Here ya go R24. Satisfying to see a lot of the listed proposed legislation failed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote]They are not trolls pretending to be gay, they're gay.

They're likely being paid to post here. We know that Russian troll farms target listservs like DL.

No evidence at all that they are gay

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote]People like you are such reactive simpletons. No one is doing what you are accusing people of doing. No one. I'm so sick of you fucking morons who can't think beyond black/white. You are unable to discuss ANYTHING. You are unable to see gray. Fucking todder logic.

More gaslighting.

As if this is not happening here on DL: "So many posts by far-right operatives in a mass shooting thread trying to spread hate and turn it into an anti-drag, anti-trans, anti-black, or anti-brown thread."

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote]No, dear. Predominantly.

Will you be correcting grammar as a loon shoots you because you're at a Drag Brunch?

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2022 10:46 PM

Except it's not, R100. Go ahead and quote the instances you are referring to. You won't and can't because you are a reactionary simpleton who is lying.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2022 11:21 PM

R102, keep on fucking that gaslighting chicken.

Just look at the Colorado shooting thread. Of course you know that because you're on there pushing the same bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2022 11:25 PM

"Drag queens need to die because they groom kids to become sex slaves!!!!"

"Who ever said anything against drag queens??!! How dare you make accusations like that!! Link to specific lines in specific threads or else I won't be convinced!!!

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2022 11:26 PM

Any thread where the right does something horrendous is turned into an anti-trans, anti-drag, anti-black/brown thread.

And when the thread is over 500 responses long and people call the right wing trolls out, they always try the "That's not true!! Quote where I said that" line.

And when you quote where they said that...they disappear for a while and after more accusations, they do the "That's not true!! Quote where I said that". again and again.

There's also the "When has the right ever harmed gay rights?" question they love to pose. When given tons of examples, they disappear only to pose that same question another day

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2022 11:32 PM

R105, then why don't you and R103 go ahead and do your next step in your imaginary process and start quoting all these instances you are talking about?

Answer: Because it's all in your fevered little minds.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2022 11:45 PM

R106 = gaslighting asswipe

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2022 11:46 PM

R106, read the two threads about the Colorado shooting. Now STFU

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2022 11:47 PM

Guess you can't find any quotes to support your bullshit but I'm the one gaslighting. You are literally gaslighting right in your posts, morons.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote]People like you are such reactive simpletons. No one is doing what you are accusing people of doing. No one. I'm so sick of you fucking morons who can't think beyond black/white. You are unable to discuss ANYTHING. You are unable to see gray. Fucking todder logic.

And you think the Republicans with their "Dont Say Gay," "Parents who take their kids to drag shows should be charged with a crime," "trans are groomers" are "seeing gray"?

by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote]Guess you can't find any quotes to support your bullshit but I'm the one gaslighting. You are literally gaslighting right in your posts, morons.

No one is pasting the active Colorado shooting thread here. Go read that. You're being given exactly what you've asked for,

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2022 11:50 PM

Perfect example of a troll trying to derail a thread about how the GOP is pushing anti LGBT hatred.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2022 11:51 PM

It's been a rough weekend for My Kind of Gays. They're being literally killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2022 11:52 PM

Agreed about the simplistic, black-or-white thinking. It’s bizarre that we’re expected to agree on EVERY issue lest we be called “far right” or a “British mum” or “Vlad”. Absolute morons.

There is an obvious clash of rights and philosophy between gay people and gender ID ideologues; it is only natural to see liberal/left-of-center/centrist/center-right opposition to that ideology. It’s got something in it for EVERYONE to be offended by, and this should come as no surprise at all to anyone familiar with it.

The people jumping straight to accusations of right-wing bigotry have no argument.

“Stochastic terrorism”? You might be suffering from Twitter-brain.

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2022 11:57 PM

R110, you literally (LITERALLY!), just proved my point about the simplistic, reactionary toddler logic you use. When did I, or anyone, say that those things that Repug assholes are doing is 'seeing gray'? You are acting like those exact Repugs with your toddler logic. You just keep proving my point, you dolt.

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2022 12:29 AM

Bloody Vlad’s Orange Caligula isn’t grabbing your crusty, old cooters, MAGA TERFs. You are not in the class of Lindz Belles, and never will be. Shoo!

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2022 8:24 AM

When you promote far-right talking points, what do you expect us to think?

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2022 9:17 AM

R59. Oh yes, clearly losing the middle ground as shown by the last midterm result.

Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2022 10:20 AM

You know, Republicans ARE very hiveminded. They vote how they're told to vote (straight R's usually) and rationalise any choice their politicians are making. I guess because the cognitive dissonance would be too much to bear.

Just look at all the media they produce. It's all flashy with trigger words to hit all the right emotions, often asking for money. They all use the same language and talking points, designed to hit intuitive thinking and pre-existing conceptions/heuristics. And it's most obvious because when the elites change those talking points, the R's all follow like sheep. The uptake of the term "SJW" as an insult, and then its rapid replacement with "Woke" was a noticeable one. The dropping of Hillary's emails for Hunter's laptop. It's literally the same themes just re-wrapped for the gullible. Gays as groomers is literally regurgitated from the 80's.

And it works because Republicans don't think long enough about this stuff to realise what's happening. They're literally being gaslit into believing whatever their political elites and pundits want them to. They exploit pre-existing schemas, update them with slightly conflicting but largely consistent information (about how the Dems are bad because....) and then they just keep building the heuristic from there. And R's don't question this stuff because heuristics are so much easier to make use of then actual cognitive thinking.

And then the MEMES. My god, they're just the most basic trash designed to draw on the comfort of the familiar and then connect that with whatever idiotic point they're trying to make. How many Conservatives have actually seen any of the media that these memes reference? I doubt many Republicans were lining up to see Brokeback Mountain (using Musk's latest tweet), but because it filtered into the public consciousness Republicans at least recognize it and feel smart for doing so.

So all the right-wing trolls can shut it with the whole "sheeple" nonsense. Take a long look in the mirror first.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2022 10:30 AM

Yes, R119 all of that is true about Republicans. They’re memes are simplistic and disingenuous and silly.

Their thinking is also very similar to yours whenever you encounter DEMOCRATIC voters objecting to the bad arguments put forth by activists on the left, whether in regards to racial injustice or gender ideology.

Not once do people like you or R116 or R117 address the issues at hand. You just offer an ad hominem and think that will suffice. Well, it won’t suffice. Maybe here on DL, you think you’re fighting back against “bigotry” but you’re not serious people. The rest of us will continue to discuss and debate these nuanced issues carefully and with facts and reason, not childish insults, zero substance, or apprehension of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote]They’re memes are simplistic and disingenuous and silly.

*their

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2022 4:55 PM

R120 sing it, sister

👍

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2022 4:56 PM

For a gay man to vote Repug is like expecting Jews to vote for Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2022 4:56 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2022 5:08 PM

“Same things both sides”

Fuck off with this bullshit. People like you are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2022 5:13 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2022 5:18 PM

R124 is a fucking LOON with a capital LOON.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2022 7:08 PM

DARKMINGELORD is not an American, and freely admits to hating US Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2022 7:23 PM

R85 That is unfair and not gallant, sir! Is it so very wrong of me to try to uphold the standards and honor of Southern womanhood? Who will do it if not I, sir?! You are most dastardly!

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Questioning Democrats makes one a Republican now? I thought you all were better educated than this 4th grade level thinking!

by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2022 8:15 PM

R120. My comment is an analysis on the Republican mind set and its patterns. We could go on about Republican policy but they don't have any. Criticizing the policy of the Democrat party is fine, but nobody here actually does that. It's just more culture war bullshit and scaremongering that repeats right-wing talking points. Which, again, are not based on reasoned debate but are designed to trigger intuitive thinking and existing schemas.

R130. Defending Republicans makes one a Republican now. Especially if the positions people are trying to defend are antithetical to our very existence. If you have a look at the thread title you'd see what this is actually about. It's not about criticizing Democrats.

It's about the fact that Republicans have made it part of their platform that our existence is wrong. Just look at Texas. Defending them is like the turkey voting for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2022 10:17 PM

I have voted for Democrats my entire life, but I still criticize the hell out of the party. I’m not some kind of mindless drone. How does this mean you defend Republicans???

by Anonymousreply 132November 22, 2022 4:01 AM

[quote]It's just more culture war bullshit and scaremongering that repeats right-wing talking points.

Just so I’m clear on where you’re coming from: are you saying that criticisms of gender ID ideology coming from, say, gender-critical feminists are valid but not worthy of consideration because the issue isn’t that big a deal for one reason or another? Or do you think that there is no valid criticism of gender ID ideology, and any criticism made about it is not serious or correct or substantial and that it’s all a Republican fever dream?

by Anonymousreply 133November 22, 2022 4:21 AM

Is there a sudden supply chain issue causing Thorazine to be unavailable?

by Anonymousreply 134November 22, 2022 5:16 AM

R119 You're giving them too much credit. Their ma and pa voted for the white guy, so they follow suit. And in the case of female Repbulicans, they continually seek their father's approval. Republicans of color are dogmatic and really want to go to "Heaven." They also have delusions of grandeur that they're better than their peers.

by Anonymousreply 135November 22, 2022 1:36 PM

A lot of Fox News Fags come from idiotic working class families that hate them. They think that gays are abnormal. and are brain washed by right wing hate media. The douche who does the NYC you are in danger is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 136November 22, 2022 1:55 PM

R133. Personally, and this is only my personal opinion, I'm of the former line of thinking.

But either choice there comes to the same conclusion: the Republicans are insane and focusing on all the wrong things, in all the wrong places.

Maybe they should start looking at priests before they call us groomers. Or their politicians when they talk about inflation, since Republican elites seem intent on investigating everything other than the economy. Or climate change. Or health care. Or equitable tax reform. Or labor laws.

by Anonymousreply 137November 23, 2022 11:17 AM

Lachlan Murdoch’s obsession with having Fox featuring Miss Lindsey daily, is so odd.

by Anonymousreply 138November 23, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]listservs like DL

Not that I disagree with what you said, but DL is not a Listserv, not in any way.

The rest of this thread can die in a grease fire, since it's mostly Davida being gross and weird. I hate that one of her socks is called Dark Minge Lord because the last thing I want to think about is her elderly minge. Guh.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2022 12:38 PM

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2022 8:48 PM

I will never understand why extreme right wingers would be on this forum. The only explanation is maga troll infiltration. Maga trolls believe that they should present their version of “reality “ in spaces that they condemn. It’s annoying that they think that creating sock puppets would make them inapparent to normal people.

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2022 10:01 PM

“Normal people” don’t believe that “MAGA trolls” are infesting sites all over the internet

by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2022 10:31 PM

You're wrong about that. Normal people know right-wingers infest the internet.

by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2022 11:19 PM

R143, you're a tinhat, dear.

by Anonymousreply 144November 27, 2022 11:28 PM

I'm realistic.

by Anonymousreply 145November 28, 2022 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!