Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas GOP looks to restrict transgender health care and drag shows

One of the bills filed in the Legislature this week would make letting kids attend drag shows a Class A misdemeanor — on par with vehicle burglary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 19, 2022 7:24 PM

GOP legislators are barreling ahead with an updated party platform, officially unveiled over the summer, that defines homosexuality as an “abnormal lifestyle choice” and is opposed to “all efforts to validate transgender identity.”

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2022 1:45 PM

The bill defines a drag performer as anyone who “exhibits a gender identity that is different than the performer’s gender assigned at birth “by using “clothing, makeup, or other physical markers” and “sings, lip syncs, dances, or otherwise performs” in front of an audience.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2022 1:46 PM

Wow, watching someone dressed in a clothes of a different sex will ruin a child forever!!

Can't take a kid to lots of operas, including Marriage of Figaro.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2022 1:47 PM

Well bang goes anyone wanting to go and see Twelfth Night for starters.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2022 1:47 PM

Good! Good, good, good.

I said it, G.O.O.D.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2022 1:49 PM

Mozart and Shakespeare are degenerate artists, according to the GQP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2022 1:49 PM

That's the sort of bullshit that will put off moderate voters when Republicans waste their time on something silly like that when real issues like infrastructure, wages, economy and crime are much bigger problems for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2022 1:50 PM

No more Onnagata and Kabuki Theater for Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2022 1:52 PM

Theater queens dying of joy today at the prospect of being oppressed for their craft!

It won't happen, you're definitely not who they're after and they would never feel threatened by you, but imagine! You can misinterpret this proposed bill's wording in such flattering ways!

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2022 1:57 PM

This is 'normal' for the Texan mentality. How could you expect anything different from them??!!

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]Transgender health care

I LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2022 2:06 PM

R11, ex-gay is based in religion, not science

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2022 2:08 PM

It’s sad the legislature is forced to step in to deal with awful parenting. Taking a kid to a sexually explicit show is indeed child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Right-wingers should die in a gender-confirming grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2022 2:13 PM

Drag does not automatically equal sexuality explicit.

Hell J grew up watching soaps with passionate love scenes - did it "scar" me? I saw the movie The Birdcage as a kid - did it "scar" me?

No and no.

This is just more "hetero sex is the only way kids!" bullshit. They'll never crack down on the hetero brainwashing that is all around but god forbid one gay person exists.

I wouldn't take a kid to a drag show personally unless I knew the tone of the production. But honestly, I wish I'd seen some drag growing up - it would have opened my mind and reassured me I wasn't the only one who enjoyed a good spin or diva ballad.

They honestly want to choke the life out of all gay people, young and old.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2022 2:19 PM

I guess no more community theatre performances of Charley's Aunt, Greater Tuna, Chicago or La Cage Aux Folles, huh.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2022 2:20 PM

R16 Rest assured, no one gives a shit about community theater.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2022 2:27 PM

You all realize that the drag shows for children are pedophile meetups? That's what the crackdown is about.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2022 2:28 PM

R8 Shakespeare, Mozart, and kabuki are culturally significant expressions of art. It's a disgrace to liken them to drag.

I don't think drag should be outlawed, but bringing kids to drag shows - which are usually sexually explicit performances! - is distasteful and bad parenting at the MINIMUM. If I had a son saying "yasss queen" because his teacher brought a drag queen to class, I would SLAP that teacher to the next dimension.

I agree that the bill would benefit from a more concrete definition of what constitutes drag. It's sloppy legislative writing, but there's definitely wisdom behind it.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2022 2:29 PM

Anyone can file a bill. All state legislatures are full of low level crazy politicians. Does it have leadership support? If not the bills going no where.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2022 2:31 PM

R18 is insane.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2022 2:31 PM

Well, I suppose the South Congress Community Players Christmas showcase, a double bill of "Victor, Victoria" and "M. Butterfly," will have to be CANCELED now in protest!

Hope you can live with yourselves, Republicunts?

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2022 2:33 PM

R21 Sure, Jan. Republicans are threatened by gender nonconformity and the great art of theatre and they have no logical reason for pursuing action on this.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2022 2:34 PM

Lol R12!

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2022 2:34 PM

R23 - I agree with you. I am raised in a community that is overwhelmingly conservative. We're not talking about random hillbillies, but actual professional Republicans who went to Ivy League schools. So I do know their educated feelings on this.

They are not fazed at all by gender nonconformity - they couldn't care less about these faggots and their flights of gender fancy. They are worried that these drag shows are nexus for grooming minors into hormone therapy and transitioning. Can you imagine that??? Aren't y'all a bit alarmed that kids are being brainwashed to undertake lifechanging hormones at this delicate state of their lives? And all of these reinforced by these irresponsible adults?

And the fact that these drag shows are so sexually charged! As adults, gay or straight, liberal or conservative, we all have a moral duty to protect children's innocence. Period.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2022 2:47 PM

R18

Oh come off it. Volunteer Santas at malls....Big Brothers/Big Sisters....Piano teachers....Swim Coaches....Ministers....Camp Councilors....any of them *could* be pedos. Doesn't mean they all are.

This is all about equating gays with molesters. Most molesters are straight.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2022 2:52 PM

I love how the right is all for PARENT'S RIGHTS until those parents think it's ok to take their kids to a drag show.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2022 2:55 PM

If Biden and the rest would stop pushing "Gender Affirming Care" for children --- AKA pumping minors full of drugs and cutting off their genitals/breasts--- the Rethugs wouldn't have gone here.

Thanks Trannies!

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2022 3:16 PM

R18 = Q Q for cocoa puffs. Probably Dumbvida.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2022 3:18 PM

Yes, that diseased slut did go full QAnon after the 2020 election

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote] but there's definitely wisdom behind it.

Certainly there's none in your verbal diarrhea. Just tired old right wing talking points.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 3:35 PM

[quote] we all have a moral duty to protect children's innocence. Period.

I'd start by pushing you into a grease fire. Children would be grateful, you QAnon loon.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 3:36 PM

Which is why you set up these distractions so the Repugs can rape more children.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 3:38 PM

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 3:45 PM

R26 And most trannies are straight. Most of them are sexual predators. A straight man going into a bathroom, locker room or any place where women may be disrobing is a sexual predator. A lot of these straight 'women' are telling the kids not to trust or listen to their parents are pedos.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 3:50 PM

Wow r35, and you Repugs complain about all being painted as Nazis. Then you let loose with bizarre generalizations like that?

Fuck off, nazi pig.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 3:52 PM

R35 lost on its way chewing on dog turds. Sorry, eating up Qdrops.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 3:54 PM

Republicans need enemies.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 3:55 PM

You know, every other day I see an article on a GOP politician or a Southern Baptist pastor abusing children. Strangely, I don't see any drag shows there...

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote] I don't think drag should be outlawed, but bringing kids to drag shows - which are usually sexually explicit performances! - is distasteful and bad parenting at the MINIMUM.

It all started with conservatives being outraged over local libraries and bookshops hosting events where Drag Queens read to kids. These Drag Queens most certainly didn't give sexually explicit or raunchy performances at these supposed child friendly events.

Oh, is that why we canceled Sunday School for kids, cut off priests' access to kids, forced the Scout Association to disband? Oh, we didn't do these things, but yeah we still do our moral duty by going after Drag Queens, because they are the number one threat children face these days!

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 4:01 PM

A man wearing women’s clothing is automatically sexual to these QAnon morons

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]Wow, watching someone dressed in a clothes of a different sex will ruin a child forever!!

They may have a point ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 4:36 PM

Ah, the party of freedom!

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote] Shakespeare, Mozart, and kabuki are culturally significant expressions of art. It's a disgrace to liken them to drag.

That's what the GOP bill does.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 4:56 PM

This is a slippery slope issue. They’re starting here and moving on to regulate all manner of social situations and people they don’t like. Party of small government my ass. These people want CONTROL.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 4:56 PM

By the way, preventing "gender affirming care" also means not even allowing psychology therapy. They can't even talk to a doctor about it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2022 4:57 PM

The Texas GOP hasn't gotten the message that the country completely rejected its attempts to scapegoat trans and drag queens just to get elected

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2022 4:59 PM

[quote]By the way, preventing "gender affirming care" also means not even allowing psychology therapy. They can't even talk to a doctor about it.

Bullshit. And you know it.

Gender AFFIRMING care has been shown to be automatically agreeing with the kid's dysphoria and pumping them full of drugs/surgery. This is the scandal that occurred in Tavistock in the UK.

Gender AFFIRMING by definition is biased.

Psychotherapy fo any type of dysphoria is healthy. And allowed.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2022 5:05 PM

I live in Texas and if you think these religious fuckers don’t care about community theater, I can tell you they do. IF this bill passes, they will report any theater that serves alcohol (lots of them do to make extra money) performing a play or musical with anyone dressed as the opposite gender. Many years ago, Dallas Theater Center performed Six Degrees of Separation and, even though there were signs and notifications in the lobby that there was nudity in the show, this old biddy got upset and called the police. A big stink arose, the show was almost shut down, the mayor got involved. Too many Bible thumping religious nuts who want us to think of the children but spend their Saturdays at the local adult bookstore with their pants around their ankles.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2022 5:07 PM

It is interesting that Conservatives hate liberal sanctuary cities or districts (remember conservative representatives sending busloads of homeless people to sanctuary cities?), but are perfectly fine with conservative sanctuary states where minorities' rights are greatly diminished or limited. How close are Florida and Texas to push for sundown towns again with every single minority in mind?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2022 5:07 PM

These Texans would be scandalized by traditional UK Christmas Pantomime.

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2022 5:14 PM

Really not the point, r17.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote] Gender AFFIRMING care has been shown to be automatically agreeing with the kid's dysphoria and pumping them full of drugs/surgery.

Gender Affirming care also includes psychological services and that would be banned.

The article states that a study shows surgery is rare to nonexistent in those below 18.

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2022 6:58 PM

[quote] Psychotherapy fo any type of dysphoria is healthy. And allowed.

Says who? The bill specifically says no Gender Affirming Care. That includes psychotherapy unless it says othewise.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2022 7:01 PM

THIS is the biggest problem? Not guns?

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2022 7:02 PM

I don't understand the whole "Drag queens are groomers" line, Groomers to make kids drag queens?

Like JonBenet Ramsey?

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2022 7:04 PM

They didn't get to get her groomed, R56. Her Republican family snipped that one in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2022 9:29 PM

Those far right cunts really hate drag shows don't they! Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote]Gender Affirming care also includes psychological services and that would be banned.

The fact that it's called "Gender AFFIRMING" is the problem. True psychological counseling is not biased. So yes, they should ban BIASED GENDER AFFIRMING psychological counseling, and cover UNBIASED PSYCHOLOGICAL counseling which doesn't have an agenda or a priori decision.

perhaps you should look up the word "affirming" in the dictionary. But do you people, the actual definitions of words don't matter do they.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2022 9:41 PM

Words often matter and then sometimes, like when they're vomited forth regularly by right-wing homophobic and female supremacist TERFs, they don't matter one tiny bit.

TERFs are stupid and evil. They want to kill Trans people, young and old but most especially they want to kill them young.

Gender AFFIRMING care is what is recommended by most sensible and reasonable medical professionals (and their overseeing medical associations). I'm going to stick with that as the standard of care that should be provided to Trans people and ignore the hysterical ladies having the vapors over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2022 9:56 PM

Jon Stewart isn’t the most pro-gay guy, no?

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]TERFs are stupid and evil. They want to kill Trans people, young and old but most especially they want to kill them young.

Drama much?! TERFS want to "KILL trans people?" Get back on your meds, STAT!

[quote]Gender AFFIRMING care is what is recommended by most sensible and reasonable medical professionals (and their overseeing medical associations).

Actually, the rest of the world is quickly reversing their POV on this, realizing that BIASED "gender AFFIRMING" care is harmful to children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2022 10:00 PM

Pro-trans gay men call women “females”, “cunts”, “bitches”, “whores”, and “sluts”.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2022 10:02 PM

England’s National Health Service (NHS) has issued new guidance for the treatment of children with gender dysphoria, warning that the condition is often a temporary “phase” and restricting the use of puberty blockers and sex-changing hormones.

The NHS’s revised treatment policy was released last week after a review of existing policies found that gender transitioning may have “significant effects on the [child’s] psychological function.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2022 10:02 PM

Shut up, Kara Dansky @R63. Go, suck Tucker's dick.

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Pro-trans gay men also call gay men “faggots”.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2022 10:06 PM

And ex-gays like to use that word too, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2022 10:07 PM

There is no difference between trans and ex-gay.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2022 10:09 PM

Anti-trans women also like to suck anti-abortionist Heritage Foundation dicks. For money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2022 10:10 PM

What about anti-trans gay men, R69? Any links? I am one.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2022 10:12 PM

Anti-trans women also like to ally with white supremacists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2022 10:12 PM

[Quote] There is no difference between trans and ex-gay.

Or between “DL troll” and “son of a vodka-soaked Russian cunt”

by Anonymousreply 72November 17, 2022 1:15 AM

OP says "health care".

I say "Mengelian frankenscience".

How young is too young for you weirdos who like doing science experiments on children? If a three year old "decides" he's really a girl, should mommy and daddy be able to have his dick removed? Or, ya know, do they have to wait until he's six...just to be sure he's sure about his choice?

And, if you want to have drag performer story times then there should be stripper story times and prostitute story times and burlesque story times. Maybe the local drug dealers or gang members would like to read some stories to children. I mean, as long as they tame down their usual "ways", I'm sure there are some lessons there for the kiddies from all these groups? Why only drag performers? (It's because the SJWokesters are trying to prove their 'trans support cred' and can't tell the difference between 'drag' and 'trans'. But don't tell them. They'll cry.)

by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2022 2:01 AM

Fuck back off to your Qloon asylum, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74November 17, 2022 2:22 AM

R74, dear, I've been a proud voting liberal since Clinton's first election. The loon you smell is yourself.

by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2022 6:39 AM

Also, R74, you didn't answer at what age you think it's okay for a parent to have their son's dick cut off. So, what age is it? And, if you won't answer, why not?

by Anonymousreply 76November 17, 2022 6:41 AM

Once again, the conservatives overplay their hands with their "NO Exceptions!" bullying. Obviously they are done with being subtle (probably because they are scared that the younger voters will push them aside rather sooner than later).

by Anonymousreply 77November 17, 2022 6:44 AM

[quote] How young is too young for you weirdos who like doing science experiments on children? If a three year old "decides" he's really a girl, should mommy and daddy be able to have his dick removed? Or, ya know, do they have to wait until he's six...just to be sure he's sure about his choice?

Doesn't happen.

Rarely, if ever, does anyone get trans surgery before age 18. (Want breast or a chin implant or a nose job as a kid, however? No problem!)

by Anonymousreply 78November 17, 2022 1:25 PM

[quote] you didn't answer at what age you think it's okay for a parent to have their son's dick cut off. So, what age is it? And, if you won't answer, why not?

READ THE ARTICLE.

Rarely can anyone get surgery until age 18

by Anonymousreply 79November 17, 2022 1:26 PM

Right R78, but people who get breast implants as teens, not children, are female, and people who get nose jobs, already have noses. It's not like cutting your fucking tits off or mangling your penis, but you knew that. Keep bringing up the same stale argument. Are you a pedo? Why do you want to give kids puberty blockers?

by Anonymousreply 80November 17, 2022 1:29 PM

Trolls don't care about the actual facts. They keep on repeating the fearmongering lies over and over again. CRT, banning books, etc. All red meat for the mouth breathers.

by Anonymousreply 81November 17, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote] Are you a pedo? Why do you want to give kids puberty blockers?

Scientologist much? Pedo + anti pharma drugs.

by Anonymousreply 82November 17, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote] The new misogyny is transmisogyny

The right and left have find commonality in socially-dictated misogyny. That the sum total of a woman is a dress, make-up and store-bought tits.

by Anonymousreply 83November 17, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote] The right and left have find commonality in socially-dictated misogyny.

Ah, the both sides argument where trans "oppressing" and "erasing" women is equal to putting women's lives in actual danger for denying them their life-saving abortions. That shows how much you "care" about women.

by Anonymousreply 84November 17, 2022 1:36 PM

Women's lives are in actual danger when they're in prison, bathrooms, and shelters with men R84.

by Anonymousreply 85November 17, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote] Women's lives are in actual danger when they're in prison, bathrooms, and shelters with men [R84].

Yes, they are in danger. From men like you invading their spaces, claiming to protect them from "men in dresses". It's a completely made up issue to further harass and control women.

by Anonymousreply 86November 17, 2022 1:40 PM

Stop being transphobic, r84. You are creating a climate of violence against transpeople and forcing them to commit suicide. The correct terms are "pregnant people" and "people with a capacity to get pregnant". To suggest that only women get pregnant or that the capacity to get pregnant is a defining characteristic of womanhood is transphobic and literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 87November 17, 2022 1:42 PM

[quote] the both sides argument where trans "oppressing" and "erasing" women is equal to putting women's lives in actual danger for denying them their life-saving abortions

R84 Which has NOTHING to do with the assertion at R83.

by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2022 1:45 PM

It's so obvious that r86 isn't a woman and doesn't know the first thing about women.

Transwomen are men, r86, and we women don't want them in spaces reserved for women.

by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2022 1:45 PM

The old "it's 18 year olds only" lie is complete bullshit, and you fucking weirdos just love repeating it.

[quote]The new guidelines include starting medication called puberty blockers in the early stages of puberty, which for girls is around ages 8 to 13 and typically two years later for boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote] From men like you invading their spaces, claiming to protect them from "men in dresses". It's a completely made up issue

Say what R86?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Why the fuck are all these right-wing loons on a gay site? Fucking get a job, get a hobby. I don’t spend my time on fucking Parlour, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 92November 17, 2022 1:48 PM

The absolutely backwards thinking on this is insane, especially all of it coming from stupid men telling actual women what a woman is and what her everyday reality in the world is in dealing with men and men in dresses. The Transtapo is the most misogynistic movement since the MRA incel movement. Tons of crossover between those two groups.

by Anonymousreply 93November 17, 2022 1:49 PM

Ha the article at R91, "have transitioned from male to female but haven't had surgery" so then what the fuck have they done exactly? Put on lipstick and said they're a woman? And how convenient because now they can be in women's prisons. What a fucking travesty and a human rights violation.

by Anonymousreply 94November 17, 2022 1:52 PM

R92, the fact that you can't get it through your little pinhead that we are not right wingers but liberal feminists who are real women tells us all we need to know about you.

by Anonymousreply 95November 17, 2022 1:52 PM

[quote] all these right-wing loons on a gay site

R92 Which "right-wing loons"? Those that support the translunacy? Or those that oppose it?

by Anonymousreply 96November 17, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote] real women

R95 There is no such thing as "real" women. There are only women. You unknowingly support translunacy by adopting its terminology.

by Anonymousreply 97November 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Ugh, god, the frau on this thread shrieking about pedos is not only all over every single fucking anti-trans thread on here, she's spamming all the crime threads, too. She's constantly posting about how much Websleuths sucks, then telling us everything Websleuths has said about the crime. Then she does the same thing with subreddits. And she is obsessed with pedos. Absolutely bugfuck O B S E S S E D with them.

Major Q loon red flags with her. Why she's on a gay board, I don't know, but I'd bet she goes back to her other boards and reports on what "the gays" are saying, and calls us a few slurs while she's at it.

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2022 2:01 PM

Hey, "how young is too young to cut off the penis?" guy...

....are you asking the same question about circumcision? You know, when a helpless child arbitrarily gets the sensitivity on their penis drastically reduced for no reason at all, and without their consent...

by Anonymousreply 99November 17, 2022 2:04 PM

R97, no. Real women are real as opposed to cosplaying transtapo men in dresses. There is no problem with real women. It's 'biowomen' that's their term. They actually hate the reference 'real women' because it shows them what they are...fake.

by Anonymousreply 100November 17, 2022 2:05 PM

[quote] Ha the article at [R91], "have transitioned from male to female but haven't had surgery" so then what the fuck have they done exactly? Put on lipstick and said they're a woman?

It's interesting that the anti trans trolls seem to love to flaunt their ignorance about the actual process of transitioning.

They mock the ones taking it slow. And freak out about children supposedly transition too fast when the reality shows that it's an incredibly slow and grueling process for both young and old.

[quote] Transition begins with a decision to transition, prompted by the feeling that one's gender identity does not match the sex that one was assigned at birth. One of the most common parts of transitioning is coming out for the first time.[1][page needed] Transitioning is a process that can take anywhere between several months and several years. Some people, especially non-binary or genderqueer people, may spend their whole life transitioning and may redefine and re-interpret their gender as time passes. Transitioning generally begins where the person feels comfortable: for some, this begins with their family with whom they are intimate and reaches to friends later or may begin with friends first and family later. Sometimes transitioning is at different stages between different spheres of life. For example, someone may transition far with family and friends before even coming out at their workplace.

[quote] [bold] Gender transition is sometimes conflated with sex reassignment surgery (SRS), but that is only one possible element of transition. Many people who transition choose not to have SRS, or do not have the means to do so. [/bold] Whereas SRS is a surgical procedure, transitioning is more holistic and usually includes physical, psychological, social, and emotional changes. Some transgender and non-binary people have little or no desire to undergo surgery to change their body but will transition in other ways.[2]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 17, 2022 2:06 PM

Everyone is laughing at you R99.

by Anonymousreply 102November 17, 2022 2:07 PM

Why would I know the fake, and ever shifting "process of transitioning" R101? But you're being deliberately obtuse, you know this person is trying to get pussy and get out of being locked up with men.

by Anonymousreply 103November 17, 2022 2:09 PM

R101, we outright reject the lie that humans can transition from one sex to another, a biological impossibility no matter how many bullshit wikipedia articles you link to.

by Anonymousreply 104November 17, 2022 2:09 PM

R101 Shows his ignorance on the process of witch craft and spell casting!

by Anonymousreply 105November 17, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]Oh, is that why we canceled Sunday School for kids, cut off priests' access to kids

Evangelicals loathe Catholics and think they're a cult. They have no problem calling Priests pedophiles. Their own pastors are a different story.

Even OP framing this as "Transgender Healthcare" is a misnomer. It's not "healthcare" - it's mutilation. The whole nu-speak of "gender affirming healthcare" for children is gross. Just like calling abortion (and I'm pro choice) "healthcare" is so dishonest. So Republicans will ride this tranny child grooming horse so long as its a popular position - and it is.

by Anonymousreply 106November 17, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote] Gender transition is sometimes conflated with sex reassignment surgery (SRS), but that is only one possible element of transition. Many people who transition

R101 As R104 posted, humans do not and cannot "transition" or "transform" or become "reassigned" to another gender, sex or species. Humans remain as they were born. And all the delusion-speak, hormones and medical mutilation in the world does not change that reality.

by Anonymousreply 107November 17, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote] Right [R78], but people who get breast implants as teens, not children, are female, and people who get nose jobs, already have noses. It's not like cutting your fucking tits off or mangling your penis, but you knew that. Keep bringing up the same stale argument. Are you a pedo? Why do you want to give kids puberty blockers?

So mangling your breasts and penis are somehow vastly different things?

And again, people under 18 don't have trans surgeries but they can get cosmetic surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 108November 17, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote] humans do not and cannot "transition" or "transform" or become "reassigned" to another gender, sex or species.

Nor can humans be sexually attracted to other humans of the same gender...

by Anonymousreply 109November 17, 2022 3:08 PM

Go dilate R101!

by Anonymousreply 110November 17, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote] Even OP framing this as "Transgender Healthcare" is a misnomer. It's not "healthcare" - it's mutilation

Talking to a psychologist about being trans is mutilation?

by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote] Hey, "how young is too young to cut off the penis?" guy.......are you asking the same question about circumcision? You know, when a helpless child arbitrarily gets the sensitivity on their penis drastically reduced for no reason at all, and without their consent...

You hit it RIGHT ON THE HEAD!

Circumcision, breast augmentation, and nose jobs are allowed because Christian straight people want to do those things. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2022 3:11 PM

We all grew up hearing the exact same arguments about gay people.

Children cannot be gay! They aren't old enough to make the choice!

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2022 3:12 PM

There is no talk to be had, R111. The doctor cannot investigate or inquire any longer. They can only agree with you hence “affirming”. But, the medical profession has always been this way, it’s not exactly pro-gay. Feminine gay men and boys have long been “treated” by doctors, going back…forever.

by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote] Nor can humans be sexually attracted to other humans of the same gender...

R109 Yes, they can! And are! But they cannot, never, no how transition or transform into something other than what they were born. Biology will fuck over the translunacy every single time.

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]The doctor cannot investigate or inquire any longer.

And, they didn’t really investigate anyway. That’s my point. They would treat femininity in boys and men as a “condition”. The John Hopkins sex-change doctor from the 70s and 80s did not treat gay men who sought a sex change because they didn’t want to be gay, he sent them away. But, that doctor is not common.

by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2022 3:15 PM

[quote]again, people under 18 don't have trans surgeries

They're not? Someone tell The Majority Report that.

"They're using that image of a post-op trans kid to scare people."

Couldn't they have said that the images were of adults, whether or not it was true?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2022 3:17 PM

R109 is a homophobe...like most trans loons. Even animals are gay. And there is one fish and a frog that can actually change sex but they grow their own new dick when they do it. Call me when humans can grow their own new dick and I'll completely agree that humans can change sex. Until then, it's absolute bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 118November 17, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] The doctor cannot investigate or inquire any longer. They can only agree with you hence “affirming”. But, the medical profession has always been this way, it’s not exactly pro-gay.

You're obviously know nothing about trans or healthcare

by Anonymousreply 119November 17, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote] Call me when humans can grow their own new dick and I'll completely agree that humans can change sex.

Uhhhh, growing a dick doesn't mean you've changed sex. Only your chromosomes dictate your sex. And they cannot be changed. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 120November 17, 2022 3:26 PM

All this hullabaloo about 0.6% of the population shows it's about political and scapegoating, not about healthcare

by Anonymousreply 121November 17, 2022 3:27 PM

[quote] Even animals are gay. And there is one fish and a frog that can actually change sex but they grow their own new dick when they do it

Sounds like animals are also trans...

by Anonymousreply 122November 17, 2022 3:28 PM

If trans did not exist, the GOP wouldn't use them to scare parents and get votes.

by Anonymousreply 123November 17, 2022 3:29 PM

R122, can you name a mammal that changes sex?

by Anonymousreply 124November 17, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote] We all grew up hearing the exact same arguments about gay people. Children cannot be gay! They aren't old enough to make the choice!

This is not the effective refutation you people think it is. The two things are not the same.

by Anonymousreply 125November 17, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] And again, people under 18 don't have trans surgeries but they can get cosmetic surgeries.

Trans- and non-binary-identified girls under the age of 18 absolutely can get and have gotten double mastectomies.

by Anonymousreply 126November 17, 2022 3:32 PM

[quote] can you name a mammal that changes sex?

Humans

by Anonymousreply 127November 17, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote] Trans- and non-binary-identified girls under the age of 18 absolutely can get and have gotten double mastectomies.

Absolutely can not.

by Anonymousreply 128November 17, 2022 3:34 PM

R123 "Trans" don't exist. Just a bunch of delusion men in dresses. Who are demanding that everyone kowtow to their delusion. THAT'S the reason for the opposition.

by Anonymousreply 129November 17, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote] "Trans" don't exist. Just a bunch of delusion men in dresses.

"Gay" doesn't exist. It's just a bunch of oversexed men who choose it to get off.

by Anonymousreply 130November 17, 2022 3:35 PM

Why are you lying, R128?

by Anonymousreply 131November 17, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote] Just like calling abortion (and I'm pro choice) "healthcare" is so dishonest.

Something tells me you’re being a little dishonest yourself R106. That or really fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 132November 17, 2022 3:38 PM

It's not lying, it's My Truth™, R131.

by Anonymousreply 133November 17, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote] can you name a mammal that changes sex? Humans

R127 truly believes that stuffing yourself with hormones and hacking off your dick/balls magically transforms your XY chromosomes to XX. Another poster who missed out on Year 9 biology.

[quote] "Gay" doesn't exist.

But it does exist. Same sex attraction has existed since humans crawled out of the slime. Your attempt at parity is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 134November 17, 2022 3:40 PM

The bottom line is if you’re in line with the Texas GOP over the trans issue, you can’t call yourself liberal as you’re right in step with that racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic party. It’s laughable that you think they care about you as a woman and your rights. You can’t call yourself liberal and support the GOP. I’m not trans, but it’s naive to think that they’ll stop there. They don’t care about you unless you’re a white, straight Christian man.

by Anonymousreply 135November 17, 2022 3:41 PM

R135, that is not a good argument for why people should abandon their carefully reasoned position on this issue. If you don’t understand that, I don’t know what to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 136November 17, 2022 3:43 PM

R135 The bottom line is if you believe that women are the sum total of dresses, make-up and tits, you're no different to the GOP and cannot call yourself liberal.

by Anonymousreply 137November 17, 2022 3:44 PM

R131, read the article. A study shows that getting trans surgery is extraordinarily rare before age 18.

by Anonymousreply 138November 17, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] But it does exist. Same sex attraction has existed since humans crawled out of the slime.

And so has trans. Ancient cultures, like those in Asia, have words for trans and trans culture.

by Anonymousreply 139November 17, 2022 3:45 PM

Biden needs to invite all the Texas Drag Race queens to the White House. for a command performance. Alyssa Laganja Shangela

by Anonymousreply 140November 17, 2022 3:45 PM

The GOP doesn't give a hoot about kids. They want an issue to scare suburban parents into voting for it.

The GOP has made up CRT, Open Borders, etc--so it's made up the trans threat too.

by Anonymousreply 141November 17, 2022 3:46 PM

I've been ruined by drag shows!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142November 17, 2022 3:47 PM

Poor DL trolls haven't heard that Putin stopped paying right after the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 143November 17, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote] truly believes that stuffing yourself with hormones and hacking off your dick/balls magically transforms your XY chromosomes to XX.

It's so odd that it bothers people what others want to do to themselves.

Kids can't get trans surgeries, so you're actually railing against adults living their lives as they please.

by Anonymousreply 144November 17, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote] And so has trans. Ancient cultures, like those in Asia, have words for trans and trans culture.

Name them.

by Anonymousreply 145November 17, 2022 3:53 PM

R139 Men dressing as women has existed forever. However, men dressing as women, believing that they are women AND demanding that others pander to their delusional belief is a whole new class of lunacy, never before extant.

by Anonymousreply 146November 17, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote]Kids can't get trans surgeries,

This is completely false. That statement is so manipulative. Damn there is a shit ton of misinformation on this website. Remove the “anonymous” of this site.

by Anonymousreply 147November 17, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote] Kids can't get trans surgeries, so you're actually railing against adults living their lives as they please.

They can’t? Or they can, but it’s “rare”?

There are numerous examples of teen girls who had mastectomies before age 18. Do you even know what the laws and policies are? Hint: they vary from state to state, country to country. This is EASILY Googleable.

Why are you TRAs so disingenuous, ignorant, and stupid?

by Anonymousreply 148November 17, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote] It's so odd that it bothers people what others want to do to themselves.

R144 But its not about "what others want to do to themselves". It's about parents and the medical profession abusing children, lying to them about what is possible in medical science. It's about people demanding that their delusions not only be pandered to, but that people should be penalized if they don't pander. It's about refusing to accept anti-science, anti-common sense.

by Anonymousreply 149November 17, 2022 4:00 PM

When people say things like, “Why do people care about what others do to themselves?” they don’t realize that trans ACTIVISTS aren’t demanding to be left alone, they’re demanding that the whole of society participate in their delusion.

Trans identities often (usually? always?) require that other people play along. There is no such thing as an actual sex change, so what trans people are asking is that everyone agree to lie, or worse, to actually believe something that is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 150November 17, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote] Transwomen are men, [R86], and we women don't want them in spaces reserved for women.

All this yammering and your right wing overlords still won't grab your pussy. You're too ugly for them, hun.But a useful idiot nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 151November 17, 2022 4:08 PM

You have such a juvenile, tribal way of thinking, R151.

“Right-wing overlords”? I’m not the person you were responding to, but I am a lifelong liberal Democrat (yeah yeah, I know: “Sure, Jan.gif”—whatever), and I will not go along with any tenets of gender ID ideology, regardless of the political stripes of whoever agrees with me, or whatever else they might believe.

Trans, in its current state, is a social contagion, a paraphilia, a mental illness, and a lie. I feel bad for people who genuinely suffer from lifelong dysphoria about the sexed bodies, and if ‘transitioning’ to the opposite sex via hormones and cosmetic surgery helps them better than anything else (like talk therapy), then they should do that. They won’t *actually* be the opposite sex, however, and they can’t expect everyone to pretend that they literally ARE the opposite sex, because sex matters in certain instances in life. Not all the time, but a lot of the time: intimacy, safety, sports, privacy/dignity. Those people can and should be accommodated as best as society can, but it’s a tricky issue and there is no perfect solution. There are many such issues in life— part of being a reasonable adult is accepting that sometimes there aren’t perfect solutions; life is unfair, etc.

Genuine trans-identified people — namely gay men who just find it much easier to present as the opposite sex— should have every right to go through life without being harassed, without being denied work or housing, etc. But there are obvious limits to what they can do, and what they should expect from others in situations where SEX MATTERS.

As for autogynephiles, teenage girls who have fallen prey to the social contagion, and prepubescent children: NO. Not trans.

by Anonymousreply 152November 17, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote] I feel bad for people who genuinely suffer from lifelong dysphoria about the sexed bodies

*about their sexed bodies

by Anonymousreply 153November 17, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] Name them.

Hijra of India, the Fa’afafine of Polynesia and the Tatatapui of New Zealand are the best knowm. Also, a third gender/social role in Arabia that has been attested since about 600 AD is the Khanith-(earlier there was the term Mukhannathun). There have been since ancient times in Thailand Trans-Feminine ‘Third Gender’ communities made up of people referred to as ‘Kathoeys’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 17, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote] trans ACTIVISTS aren’t demanding to be left alone, they’re demanding that the whole of society participate in their delusion.

Like Gay Activitists, Trans Activists are just asking to be treated with equality.

It's the right, seeing this as a chance to scare people and get votes--just like they did with gay marriage, that is making this an issue.

by Anonymousreply 155November 17, 2022 4:23 PM

R154, those are effeminate gay men who are not allowed to exist as “men” in their cultures because their cultures are so sexist, homophobic, and backward.

They aren’t examples of ‘trans’ people (who transition from one sex to another), they’re considered a third kind of person because they aren’t “real men”.

And you honestly think that is progress? That that’s a good thing? Something to be upheld and valued?

by Anonymousreply 156November 17, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] There are numerous examples of teen girls who had mastectomies before age 18. Do you even know what the laws and policies are? Hint: they vary from state to state, country to country. This is EASILY Googleable.

Hilarious. Someone who keeps demanding proof of statements says that we should go to Google to find proof of his statement.

Yes there are examples, but it's is rare, if not nearly impossible, to get such surgeries in the US. It's the US we're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 157November 17, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote] Those are effeminate gay men who are not allowed to exist as “men” in their cultures because their cultures are so sexist, homophobic, and backward.

No, they are males who claim they are female.

by Anonymousreply 158November 17, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote] They aren’t examples of ‘trans’ people (who transition from one sex to another), they’re considered a third kind of person because they aren’t “real men”.

They actually live as women

by Anonymousreply 159November 17, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote] Trans Activists are just asking to be treated with equality.

No, they’re not. They asking for privileges that other groups don’t have, e.g. women.

The political right might be making this an issue, but OTHER PEOPLE ARE TOO. Biologists, second wave / gender-critical / radical feminists, ordinary women, parents, gay people, and basically anyone who acknowledges the reality of sex.

I am SO SICK of you fools trying to convince us all that we’re being conned by the political right. I was gender critical long, long before I even knew what the right wing were saying about this issue.

by Anonymousreply 160November 17, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote] They actually live as women

What does that mean??

by Anonymousreply 161November 17, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote] Ugh, god, the frau on this thread shrieking about pedos is not only all over every single fucking anti-trans thread on here, she's spamming all the crime threads, too. She's constantly posting about how much Websleuths sucks, then telling us everything Websleuths has said about the crime. Then she does the same thing with subreddits. And she is obsessed with pedos. Absolutely bugfuck O B S E S S E D with them.

[quote] Major Q loon red flags with her. Why she's on a gay board, I don't know, but I'd bet she goes back to her other boards and reports on what "the gays" are saying, and calls us a few slurs while she's at it.

When you're in some dead end job or on disability, sitting in some shitty rented house or an apartment that smells of cat pee and cheap wine, with ID Discovery being on in the background 24/7 and piles of tabloids and gossip magazines ("doing research on Hollywood pedos"), that's kind of textbook. Think Dumbvida.

by Anonymousreply 162November 17, 2022 4:30 PM

Oh, and probably involved in some shitty, regional MLM scheme^^

by Anonymousreply 163November 17, 2022 4:32 PM

Top surgery on under-18s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 17, 2022 4:33 PM

The new WPATH guidelines re: age of consent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 17, 2022 4:34 PM

The only affirming care kids should be getting is that THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM EXACTLY AS THEY ARE. As the song goes...

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier...

Learning to love yourself

It is the greatest love of all

by Anonymousreply 166November 17, 2022 4:40 PM

They are our future... unless we find a way to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 167November 17, 2022 4:44 PM

[quote]Genuine trans-identified people — namely gay men who just find it much easier to present as the opposite sex

lol, r152

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 17, 2022 4:47 PM

Care to elaborate, R168?

by Anonymousreply 169November 17, 2022 4:50 PM

I don't need to, r169. That blatantly ridiculous statement speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 170November 17, 2022 5:01 PM

R170 has nothing. As usual.

by Anonymousreply 171November 17, 2022 5:04 PM

Transgenderism is hugely popular in dystopias.

by Anonymousreply 172November 17, 2022 5:19 PM

Oh fuck off R157, you know you're full of shit and it happens ALL THE TIME. See, this cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 17, 2022 7:49 PM

Do you think the parents of "trans kids" give a fuck about the gay community? I mean, besides the obvious part where they hate you and would do anything to not have their kids be a part of you, going so far as to mutilate them and brainwash them at a young age. Do you think the MTF "lesbians" give a fuck about the gay community? No, you're just easy for them to piggyback on and take over. Not sure why you cape so hard for these people, they would not do the same for you.

by Anonymousreply 174November 17, 2022 10:21 PM

And what have "you" done for "us", besides aligning yourself with far-right and explicitly homophobic groups?

by Anonymousreply 175November 17, 2022 10:29 PM

I can assure you, in no alternate universe is some parent of a trans kid on a board chastising gay bashers, if anything, the parent is joining in because having a gay kid is unacceptable, see Kai Shapley, Jazz Jennings, that cunt Suzie Green. But yeah keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 176November 17, 2022 10:36 PM

What have I done for you R175, a clearly TIM? nothing, and I don't intend to. I would like to stop kids from undergoing this Mengelian gay conversion therapy though.

by Anonymousreply 177November 17, 2022 10:41 PM

I promise you, R175, that none of us are intimidated or shamed by accusations of being “aligned” or “in bed” with right wingers or Christofascists or Putin. Our beliefs are completely independent of those people.

You might want to ask yourself why you think an inner sense of a gendered ‘soul’ is more important than biological sex, or why gay men and women should be told they’re bigots for not even considering dating people of the opposite sex (Hello, new conversion therapy! Same as the old conversion therapy), or why it’s a good idea to put likely gay kids on a path toward a lifetime of sterility, sexual dysfunction, and other health problems just because they happen to have had the misfortune of being preadolescent at a time when gender nonconformity is seen as an issue that might require medicalization.

Or why you think an identity movement that is based on outdated, sexist and homophobic stereotypes of the 1950s is somehow “progressive” and “liberal”.

I want you to really grapple with these ideas instead of just doubling down on your stupid guilt-by-association ad hominem arguments. Can you do that? I dare you to try.

by Anonymousreply 178November 17, 2022 10:44 PM

[Quote] Oh fuck off [R157], you know you're full of shit and it happens ALL THE TIME. See, this cunt.

The very fact that this story exists shows it does NOT happen all the time.

Of course you will find examples here and there. Even if it’s made illegal, there will be cases here and there. It is extraordinarily rare.

by Anonymousreply 179November 18, 2022 12:54 AM

[Quote] Oh fuck off [R157], you know you're full of shit and it happens ALL THE TIME. See, this cunt.

Funny how you claim it happens all the time and we should Google it…and this example is all you come up with.

by Anonymousreply 180November 18, 2022 12:55 AM

R178, you may want to consider why you're on the same sides as the Republicans who thought gay marriage would destroy society

by Anonymousreply 181November 18, 2022 12:57 AM

R176, it's you and your fellow conservatives who freak out over gays. Trans people are less accepted than gays, people would rather have gay kids than trans kids

by Anonymousreply 182November 18, 2022 12:58 AM

[quote]Trans people are less accepted than gays, people would rather have gay kids than trans kids

FALSE.

by Anonymousreply 183November 18, 2022 12:59 AM

The Texas GOP labeled homosexuality as an "abnormal lifestyle choice" in their party platform

To those of you picking on trans kid.....you are on the same side as homophobic rednecks from Texas

by Anonymousreply 184November 18, 2022 1:01 AM

I side with neither trans or ex-gays, but if we’re going to have transgenderism in this dystopian society, then we’re going to have ex-gay reparative therapy, whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 185November 18, 2022 1:04 AM

There are no ex-gays.

by Anonymousreply 186November 18, 2022 1:43 AM

[Quote] I side with neither trans or ex-gays, but if we’re going to have transgenderism in this dystopian society, then we’re going to have ex-gay reparative therapy, whether you like it or not.

There will be lots of stuff. And since insurance pays for ex-gay reparative therapy, it should also pay for transgender therapy

by Anonymousreply 187November 18, 2022 1:44 AM

Ex-gay has no basis in science. It is a religious belief.

by Anonymousreply 188November 18, 2022 1:46 AM

^^ As is gender identity ideology

by Anonymousreply 189November 18, 2022 1:47 AM

R189, there are literally hundreds of scientific papers that analyze gender identity as a medical condition. Hundreds of docs treat it successfully with hormones, psychotherapy and/or surgery.

Nothing even close to that with ex-gay ideology, which is pushed exclusively by religions which hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 190November 18, 2022 1:53 AM

This Texas push is just a political tool to gain voters.

The GOP always needs one to scare voters—we’re had gay marriage, CRT, illegals, Muslims—and now it’s drag queens and grooming teachers.

When will America learn that the cause of the moment, has nothing to do with reality.

by Anonymousreply 191November 18, 2022 1:58 AM

Taking a kid to a drag show is a misdemeanor? Fuck Texas

by Anonymousreply 192November 18, 2022 1:59 AM

“I have government intrusion”

Except in women’s pussies and LGBT lives

by Anonymousreply 193November 18, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote] [R189], there are literally hundreds of scientific papers that analyze gender identity as a medical condition. Hundreds of docs treat it successfully with hormones, psychotherapy and/or surgery.

So what causes it then? Where is it located in the body? What type of medical condition is it?

by Anonymousreply 194November 18, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote]the Fa’afafine of Polynesia and the Tatatapui of New Zealand are the best knowm

This is what the TRAs always bring out but it's not accurate. They're taking a specific cultural aspect of a community and conveniently pretending it's the same as trans. It's not.

by Anonymousreply 195November 18, 2022 2:37 AM

As usual, the reichwing extremists go too far and they are rejected by the American people.

Scale it back, girls. Tone it down and chill. Your candidates were rejected. As an issue voters find it unnecessarily divisive and don't like it. Whatever claims you make to "caring about children" everybody can see you for who and what you are, you're bigots and you're fucking nasty about it. Change your approach, compromise and negotiate with respect or go the way of Donald Trump and the GOP because those fuckers are going down and they're taking TERFs with them.

by Anonymousreply 196November 18, 2022 3:13 AM

[quote]There are no ex-gays.

Says who?

by Anonymousreply 197November 18, 2022 3:15 AM

[quote]As usual, the reichwing extremists go too far and they are rejected by the American people.

I don't know where you get your news from, but FYI, the Republicans won Texas by 11 points last week. Like in Florida and Virginia, it seems like a winning issue.

by Anonymousreply 198November 18, 2022 3:50 AM

R198, I get my news from WaPo and the NYT.

Your issue is all hat, no cattle. To put it another way, its dickless, girls. If what you want is to accomplish nothing but small victories in heavily Fascist, tightly proscribed areas, have at it for as long as you can get away with it. Do exactly what you've been doing.

I thought you were actually trying to accomplish something. That would require skill, compromise, negotiation, respect and, you know, the vision thing. If all you want is to bitch and whine online and fuck around wailing about what huuuuuuuge victims you are, and how trannies wreck everything! well then keep up the energetic if largely unproductive work. My mistake, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 199November 18, 2022 4:02 AM

Where are these sexually explicit and totally inappropriate drag shows conservatives talk about? The only activities that would be “kid-unfriendly” are already illegal under public decency laws (nudity). The drag queen says “fuck” a lot? But it’s not a crime to swear in front of children.

Drag shows may not be FOR kids in terms of the language and humor but neither are R rated movies. Should we write movie theater age-restrictions (usually only intermittently enforced) on minors into law too?

by Anonymousreply 200November 18, 2022 4:17 AM

What is FOR children is entirely up to their individual parents. Nobody asked you, nobody gives a fuck what you think about it. If parents want to take their children to drag storytime, they are free to do so and you have no right to interfere. Go back inside, Mrs Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 201November 18, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote]Your issue is all hat, no cattle.

The election results are readily available online, r199. You can see for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 202November 18, 2022 5:11 AM

Oh I saw them and like I said, you're all hat and no cattle. I know how hard you lost across the country even if you're telling yourself lies about it.

But pay no attention to me and what I say, who cares? I advise maturity, restraint, acting in good faith, compromise, negotiation, respect and all that sort of thing. No worries, instead, you can jump off a cliff of dysfunction and lies with the Fascist GOP, Rhonda Santis and Donald. Your anti-choice, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-environment, anti-immigrant, anti-human friends, what could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 203November 18, 2022 5:55 AM

Texas also said it's ready to defend a bill that outlaws gay sex, if one is proposed.

by Anonymousreply 204November 18, 2022 6:10 AM

When did drag queens become the new clowns for kids?

by Anonymousreply 205November 18, 2022 6:24 AM

R205, when the SJWokesters couldn't figure out the difference between drag and trans in their efforts to prove their woke cred.

by Anonymousreply 206November 18, 2022 6:32 AM

R201 Irresponsible parenting that will eventually lead to deviant behavior. Period.

by Anonymousreply 207November 18, 2022 6:33 AM

Who cares, Texans vote GOP no matter how ridiculous, criminal or revolting their leaders are. I like hearing how shitty life is getting for them. They barely ever vote anyway! Drags and gays should just make everyone miserable wherever possible.

by Anonymousreply 208November 18, 2022 6:34 AM

R208 My family voted for Beto but they are also concerned about trans indoctrination of kids.

by Anonymousreply 209November 18, 2022 6:50 AM

That's not your place to say, r207. It is 1000% not your call.

by Anonymousreply 210November 18, 2022 11:19 AM

R210, child abuse is most certainly everyone's concern. The state has a compelling interest to protect the child from physical harm, even from parents.

by Anonymousreply 211November 18, 2022 11:25 AM

R211 Agreed. The state can intervene in parenting when there's demonstrable abuse or neglect. Encouraging your children to take puberty blockers is tantamount to abuse. Let them wait when they're 18 or 21, when they are at a more mature stage in life to make such decisions.

by Anonymousreply 212November 18, 2022 11:43 AM

If you’re a teen losing your hair, you cannot take Propecia or Rogaine until you’re 18. The same should be applied to hormone blockers and castration to healthy teens and children who don’t require this. And they don’t. It’s the homophobic mom, dad, and doctor who believes the child requires them.

by Anonymousreply 213November 18, 2022 11:50 AM

That show on TLC

I am Jazz is perfect example of this type of child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 214November 18, 2022 11:56 AM

And Suzie Green R214, founder of Mermaids who said she could not, would not, have a homosexual son. At 16 she took him to Thailand to get his dick flayed and now runs a whole fucking charity promising to do the same to your kids!

by Anonymousreply 215November 18, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote]My family voted for Beto but they are also concerned about trans indoctrination of kids.

This is the new version of the troll talking points “Lifelong Democrat here who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but Biden’s forced transing of children is making me rethink things.”

TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 216November 18, 2022 1:09 PM

Biden's trans shit is forcing many people to rethink things, you can fucking believe that or not but it's true. He's a fucking woman hating creep and clearly big pharma, who by the way, stands to make a million per trans child, is paying him off.

by Anonymousreply 217November 18, 2022 1:11 PM

^^Qanon loon Republican blocked.

by Anonymousreply 218November 18, 2022 1:12 PM

I’m anti-trans but I know Democrats don’t have the power to do anything like transition gay kids, etc. They leave it up to the states. Then you vote no.

by Anonymousreply 219November 18, 2022 1:14 PM

R219.

by Anonymousreply 220November 18, 2022 1:23 PM

This is actually the second time LA CAGE was canceled in Raleigh NC. It happened once before in the 90s for the much the same reason but also due to a local blue law. IIRC it was a knee jerk reaction related to drag shows and alcohol being served in the proximity of an adult entertainment establishment (there is, or was) an adult book store on the same street as 2 gay bars. I don’t really care for drag shows but i seem to remember they were put on hiatus for a while but after the furor died down, NCT did mount a production a couple years later without incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221November 18, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote] Do you think the parents of "trans kids" give a fuck about the gay community?

Yes R174 I know two separate sets of parents of trans people and they’re very accepting of all LGBTQ+. They go to pride and have flags, go to gay bars for shows etc.

[quote] Do you think the MTF "lesbians" give a fuck about the gay community?

Sorry to break it to you again but yes I personally know several people like you’ve described that once again are emphatically supportive of the entire LGBTQ+ community.

Do you have any real world examples of people that aren’t? I think you people thrive on just waking up and lying lol.

by Anonymousreply 222November 18, 2022 1:59 PM

Real world examples of people who aren't? yes, every lesbian/trans man who calls gay males "faggots" and berates them for not wanting to have sex with a woman, and the same from mtf's who want to rape lesbians as punishment for not having sex with them. That disgusting mtf showrunner who calls himself a "girl fag" because he's sexually attracted to women. There's a whole twitter page full of disgusting homophobic things they say simply because gay people won't change their sexual orientation for them. Gay, white men in particular are deemed problematic. There's a whole page of women threatening gay men for not accepting them. I'm sure its been suspended like the truth always is, but here's an article that touches on it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 18, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]This is the new version of the troll talking points “Lifelong Democrat here who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but Biden’s forced transing of children is making me rethink things.”

Do you seriously believe that every single person who’s a lifelong Dem voter couldn’t POSSIBLY have a problem with ANY part of trans ideology? Seriously???

Fuck the whole way off.

by Anonymousreply 224November 18, 2022 2:38 PM

According to DL's My Kind Of Gays™, I'm anti-trans because I don't believe in self-ID, or the legend of Marsha & Sylvia, and I might have a dissenting opinion on the idea of transing kids who would otherwise turn out to be gay. But I'm at peace with that.

by Anonymousreply 225November 18, 2022 2:55 PM

And how do you feel about eating pussy R225? Oh excuse me, I mean blowing a trans man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 18, 2022 3:01 PM

R225, those people are deeply unserious and incurious about issues. They go along with whatever the current orthodoxy is in their tribe.

Some Dataloungers, SHOCKINGLY, are just as stupid as Trumpers or the most benighted religious zealots, or the Salem witch burners.

by Anonymousreply 227November 18, 2022 3:03 PM

Oh, THAT video. The DL thread about it is probably my favorite thread of 2022. I don't think I've seen a DL roasting that thorough since the thread about Meredith's article on how Alok and Jacob couldn't find anyone to have sex with them.

I didn't think my opinion on Davey Wavey could go any lower, but he goes ahead and proves me wrong. Funny thing is, no one believes he has or ever will hook up with a transman. He wants long, hard, thick [italic]actual[/italic] dick and he wants it now.

by Anonymousreply 228November 18, 2022 3:10 PM

It’s a horseshoe theory. There are trans activists that have gotten drag queens banned from pride events.

by Anonymousreply 229November 18, 2022 3:38 PM

R224 Exactly. The blinkered "all or nothing" thinking some have about this nonsense is what astounds me. Just because you've voted Democrat all your life doesn't mean that you can't find issue with trans-ideology and all the forced acceptance of outright bullshit it pedals.

by Anonymousreply 230November 18, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote] My family voted for Beto but they are also concerned about trans indoctrination of kids.

Sure, Vlad

by Anonymousreply 231November 18, 2022 4:10 PM

[quote] Do you seriously believe that every single person who’s a lifelong Dem voter couldn’t POSSIBLY have a problem with ANY part of trans ideology? Seriously???

Of course not. But I don't believe you're a lifelong Dem, or even American

by Anonymousreply 232November 18, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote] Biden's trans shit is forcing many people to rethink things

Biden's trans shit? What would that be exactly?

Oh, BS your overlord Putin came up with

by Anonymousreply 233November 18, 2022 4:12 PM

[quote] I am Jazz is perfect example of this type of child abuse.

The right is absolutely obsessed by this show as if Hollywood portrays life as it really is...EVER.

by Anonymousreply 234November 18, 2022 4:13 PM

But R232 it doesn't matter what you believe, it only matters what R224 says he is. THAT'S THE RULE.

by Anonymousreply 235November 18, 2022 4:14 PM

Years ago we have the same vehement assertions about how the 9/11 Mosque was an insult to Americans and blah blah blah.

All that suddenly just disappears in the next election cycles.

Trolls will move on to the next calamity

by Anonymousreply 236November 18, 2022 4:14 PM

You can be Democrat and see the trans ideology as Nazism. Just ignore white gay “progressives”. They are extremists, just like their cousins, the Trumpists (and DeSantis).

by Anonymousreply 237November 18, 2022 4:15 PM

R233 I guess you missed Biden's little sit down with Dylan Mulvaney last week?

by Anonymousreply 238November 18, 2022 4:17 PM

R236 Because a building is the same as gay men being told they need to stop being prejudiced and accept women as men of course. You absolute fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 239November 18, 2022 4:20 PM

Texas Monthly - hardly a 'woke' publication - is pointing out any theatrical productions of Peter Pan and As You Like It would be classified as sex shows.

by Anonymousreply 240November 18, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] You can be Democrat and see the trans ideology as Nazism. Just ignore white gay “progressives”. They are extremists, just like their cousins, the Trumpists (and DeSantis)

Sure, Vlad

by Anonymousreply 241November 18, 2022 4:23 PM

Dylan Mulvaney is just a sad aging gay man acting out a role.

He's definitely received more attention and affirmation (and $$$) by being a woman than he ever could by being an aged-out twink.

by Anonymousreply 242November 18, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] I guess you missed Biden's little sit down with Dylan Mulvaney last week?

So even talking to a trans person should be condemned? What about Trump and the right talking to Caitlyn Jenner?

by Anonymousreply 243November 18, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] Texas Monthly - hardly a 'woke' publication - is pointing out any theatrical productions of Peter Pan and As You Like It would be classified as sex shows.

All those trolls trying to convince us that the Texas anti-drag bill couldn't possibly be referring to Shakespeare, Mozart, or any performing art that traditionally has included men dressed as women or vice versa....

HERE YOU GO

by Anonymousreply 244November 18, 2022 4:25 PM

How Dressing in Drag Was Labeled a Crime in the 20th Century

In the 1940s, '50s and '60s, police arrested LGBTQ people based on an informal "three-article" rule. The Stonewall Riots helped turn the tide against these arrests.

Yes, back then, people were arrested for dressing in clothing different from their biologic sex. I guess we're just going backwards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 18, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote]When did drag queens become the new clowns for kids?

When did drag make-up go the clown route? Was it Divine?

by Anonymousreply 246November 18, 2022 4:28 PM

It was JonBenet Ramsey--a young kid dressing and made up like a grown woman

by Anonymousreply 247November 18, 2022 4:32 PM

The extreme right and the progressive left is a horseshoe. They are both fascists/totalitarian nutjobs.

by Anonymousreply 248November 18, 2022 9:37 PM

In the UK you always have a Pantomime Dame at Christmas Pantomimes. Usually some overweight male comedian in drag played for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 249November 18, 2022 9:41 PM

That's all you have R234? That "the right is obsessed with that show"? Then fucking condemn people that make shit like that and make it so easy for the trans child cause to be criticized. Do you think that's a good show? Surely no progressive people can hate that show right? I'm sure you'll come back with some other non answer and some other tired ass "okay, Vlad" shit but you never actually address anything that is brought up.

by Anonymousreply 250November 18, 2022 9:55 PM

Texas and Florida are gerrymandered up to the hilt favoring Republicans. They won because of that, not because of the anti woke and anti trans platform.

In basically every other state, the Republicans were not able to get that red wave they predicted. Why? The Abortion issue mattered more than anti woke and anti trans.

by Anonymousreply 251November 18, 2022 10:11 PM

psywwlny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 18, 2022 10:40 PM

[quote]Of course not. But I don't believe you're a lifelong Dem, or even American

Check my posting history, R232. If that’s still possible. I’ve always been forthcoming about my upbringing, background, interests, proclivities, and political affiliation on this site. I’m as American as they come.

Fuck it, if you’re in NYC I’ll even meet you and any of the assholes who liked your post about me, and I’ll prove my bona fides and we can hash this out in public. I missed the Standing For Women demonstration several days ago but I’m happy to have a smaller version of it with you and any other crazy trans activists who want to call me “Vlad”.

by Anonymousreply 253November 18, 2022 11:54 PM

It's too bad you missed the demonstration, R253. You would have had the honor and the privilege to be called a faggot by Stunning & Brave Coach model Amara Gisele Jones Velasquez!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 19, 2022 12:00 AM

I’m assuming that “Amara” freak is actually a gay man himself, right? Talk about self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 255November 19, 2022 12:02 AM

People should ignore those who question their identities here. The idea that DL is so famous that it would attract hordes of counter posters or whatever you'd call them is ridiculous.

No one in the world is targeting DL - not Boris or Natasha, not Karen or Ken, not Miss Bot, not Miss Lindsay, not Elon, no one. There is no one here but us.

Is this fantasizing a sign of mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 256November 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Unfortunately, Datalounge is a tiny little forum that attracts a lot of anti-Semites, who will never be targeted by the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 257November 19, 2022 12:21 AM

It’s either mental illness (paranoia) or just abject *stupidity*. And it’s gotten unbelievably tiresome since the Trump era.

I mean, this person at R232 literally does not believe that I’m an American, but there is nothing —nada, zilch—about my posts in this thread or in ANY other thread to suggest I’m not American, and I’ve been posting on this site since circa 2010… quite the fucking LONG GAME, wouldn’t you say? all so that I could, allegedly, foment division between Americans in 2016 and 2022 over trans issues? Seriously?

He believes that it’s *possible* for a lifelong Democratic voter to not agree with every tenet of trans ideology, but he doesn’t believe I’m a lifelong Dem voter or even an American. Where’s the evidence that I’m neither? It’s crazy talk, and crazy-making.

by Anonymousreply 258November 19, 2022 12:25 AM

R256 even if there aren't actual Russians here, we get plenty of supposed American right-wingers who post Russian talking points. They might as well be Russians. And DL has definitely been targeted by various groups from time to time. There used to be discussions on 4chan about trolling DL.

by Anonymousreply 259November 19, 2022 12:44 AM

Don't take it to heart R258. He/she is just a troll. you need to ignore trolls and not feed them. There come here to start trouble and probably don't even believe what they are saying they want to cause chaos.

by Anonymousreply 260November 19, 2022 1:07 AM

[Quote] The extreme right and the progressive left is a horseshoe. They are both fascists/totalitarian nutjobs.

The progressive left is trying to get everyone affordable healthcare, child care, college/training. The extreme right just attempted a coup against democracy. Yeah, they’re the same….

by Anonymousreply 261November 19, 2022 1:09 AM

[Quote] Fuck it, if you’re in NYC I’ll even meet you and any of the assholes who liked your post about me, and I’ll prove my bona fides and we can hash this out in public.

But you’d have to fly all the way from Moscow.

Shouldn’t you be fighting in the war with Ukraine—or you as bad at fighting as you are at trolling?

by Anonymousreply 262November 19, 2022 1:11 AM

[Quote] People should ignore those who question their identities here. The idea that DL is so famous that it would attract hordes of counter posters or whatever you'd call them is ridiculous.

Even Muriel mentioned the tons of troll traffic from Russia. As you know trolls invade even the most minor of websites.

by Anonymousreply 263November 19, 2022 1:13 AM

When you claim up and down that you’re American but then write “favourite” then we all know we’re not in Oz anymore…

by Anonymousreply 264November 19, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]The progressive left is trying to get everyone affordable healthcare, child care, college/training.

No, that's the regular old liberals. The progressive left are the SJWokesters and Transtapo loons who think reality and science are optional in Democratic politics. We regular old liberals fight for all the things you've listed but still believe in reality and science.

by Anonymousreply 265November 19, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote]When you claim up and down that you’re American but then write “favourite” then we all know we’re not in Oz anymore…

Source, please?

by Anonymousreply 266November 19, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote]But you’d have to fly all the way from Moscow.

Where do you live? If you’re in NYC I will meet you RIGHT NOW. I’m not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 267November 19, 2022 1:21 AM

R267, Sure, Boris. Russians need a visa

by Anonymousreply 268November 19, 2022 1:22 AM

[Quote] Source, please?

All over DL

by Anonymousreply 269November 19, 2022 1:22 AM

[Quote] No, that's the regular old liberals. The progressive left are the SJWokesters and Transtapo loons who think reality and science are optional in Democratic politics. We regular old liberals fight for all the things you've listed but still believe in reality and science.

What does any of this have to do with Democrats? Oh, nothing

by Anonymousreply 270November 19, 2022 1:24 AM

I agree, R270, the SJWokester and Transtapo have nothing to do with Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 271November 19, 2022 1:31 AM

You’re a fucking nutjob, R268/269. “All over DL”? Show me ONE post you think I wrote where I used the British spelling of ‘favorite’. I’d LOVE to see the proof.

By the way, say hello to the Met Life and Chrysler buildings, freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 19, 2022 1:36 AM

R272, Svetlana is good at photoshop…

by Anonymousreply 273November 19, 2022 1:48 AM

Svetlana is drunk on vodka sticking dildoes up her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 274November 19, 2022 1:52 AM

I actually have ZERO Photoshop skills.

So, do you live in NYC or upstate? Wanna meet up tomorrow, or tonight?

by Anonymousreply 275November 19, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote]It’s either mental illness (paranoia) or just abject *stupidity*. And it’s gotten unbelievably tiresome since the Trump era.

I almost ----ALMOST-- feel sorry for the idiots who THINK they are being smart or clever with their retorts of "Boris" or "Vlad".

As if they idea of accusing someone of being a Russian troll is somehow novel or edgy.

It's quite pathetic actually that they they resort to this because they can't actually refute the opinions they don't agree with and that they don't understand how the internet works.

As Barbara Thorndkye would say, "Face it [cunts].... you're LIMITED!"

by Anonymousreply 276November 19, 2022 4:24 AM

^ Russian troll

by Anonymousreply 277November 19, 2022 1:14 PM

Thank you R276. R272, just ignore the Boris people. I hope some of them are kidding because it's such an annoying trope.

by Anonymousreply 278November 19, 2022 1:14 PM

[Quote] I actually have ZERO Photoshop skills. So, do you live in NYC or upstate? Wanna meet up tomorrow, or tonight?

Sure! But how many plane connections do you need to get to NYC from Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 279November 19, 2022 1:15 PM

You’re not only a complete idiot, you’re a coward, R279. I’m waking up right now in midtown, same place I was last night. You name a spot you want to meet today, I’ll be there. Go on, I dare you.

by Anonymousreply 280November 19, 2022 1:19 PM

R280, how about Red Square?

by Anonymousreply 281November 19, 2022 1:20 PM

By the way, the “Boris”-accusing idiot is responsible for virtually all of the TRA posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 282November 19, 2022 1:20 PM

By the way, all the nasty anti-trans posts of this and other threads are coming from trolls

by Anonymousreply 283November 19, 2022 1:22 PM

Of course he is R282, he thinks he can distract from his frankengash with accusations of trolling. No doubt he is also the unhinged motherfucker that calls women cunts and screams "MURIEL, SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN!" The tranny janny cancelling every thread that doesn't go blindly along with TRA bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 284November 19, 2022 1:23 PM

None of these troll are gay or even American but keep pretending

by Anonymousreply 285November 19, 2022 1:25 PM

What Texas is doing is only for politics. It’s cruel and unnecessary.

Misdemeanor for taking a kid to a drag show?? ANY show that has people dressed as the opposite sex, in fact.

This is horrendous and need to be called out.

The American Taliban at work

by Anonymousreply 286November 19, 2022 1:26 PM

Blocking you now, you lunatic. You’re the only person here who thinks I’m posting from Russia. I hope you eventually realize how repellant your stupidity and paranoia are. You remind me of the guy in the Madison Square dog park I had to walk away from yesterday when he started rambling about “the plan” and “the Jews and the Clintons” and “controlling people”. Seriously, you’re on that level. Take that to heart. Goodbye forever.

by Anonymousreply 287November 19, 2022 1:26 PM

R287, oh, no! You’re blocking me forever??! I’m so sad and hurt and crying right now.

You’re so desperate to prove you live in NYC that you sprinkle every comment with some NY site- “Madison Square dog park”. oh, please. Even real NYers don’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 288November 19, 2022 1:29 PM

[Quote] As Barbara Thorndkye would say, "Face it [cunts].... you're LIMITED!"

Like the anti-trans trolls and how trans are apparently harming kids everywhere….

by Anonymousreply 289November 19, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote]Check my posting history, R232. If that’s still possible. I’ve always been forthcoming about my upbringing, background, interests, proclivities, and political affiliation on this site. I’m as American as they come.

I'm not who you're screaming at but I took a gander and in both "Four students dead" and "BREAKING - Twitter Closes Its Offices!" you use ' quotes instead of " quite a bit, and you put them outside periods and question marks. 'Like this'! That doesn't exactly scream "American" to me. Someone says that you use British/Canadian/ Australian spellings, and coupled with what I've seen myself in your posts, I tend to believe them.

The fact that you posted about 20 times in here with all sorts of random New York references meant to prove you're a New Yorker doesn't help your case either. No one who can afford midtown real estate prices sits on Datalounge 18 hours a day and screams about stuff.

by Anonymousreply 290November 19, 2022 1:40 PM

That’s because he’s not American.

Just the fact that he sprinkles in details about NYC in every post, something no real NYer would ever do, smacks of desperation to prove he’s in NYC.

He’s a troll. Likely a Russian troll, looking at the hours he posts.

by Anonymousreply 291November 19, 2022 1:59 PM

Whenever anyone posts “I’m as American as they come,” you can be assured they’re not American

by Anonymousreply 292November 19, 2022 2:00 PM

The trolls flock to DL and numerous other websites, large and small, to spread the right wing complaint of the day.

Anti-trans, anti-CRT, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and on and on. The Buffalo shooter, for example, had the exact same wording in his manifesto that the anti-trans trolls say on DL.

These are troll farms. They speak in unison.

And then the next election comes around, the topics of attack change, and the troll messaging changes…like clockwork

by Anonymousreply 293November 19, 2022 2:02 PM

The trolls go nuts when you call them Boris because they’re really Russian, and they’ve been figured out,

by Anonymousreply 294November 19, 2022 2:04 PM

Or maybe because it's a tired trope, like your insistence that only russians dislike trans loons.

by Anonymousreply 295November 19, 2022 2:05 PM

They’ve also said downright awful things on DL like “I wish all trans kids would commit suicide!”

No real gay man would EVER utter those words, no matter who equivocal you were about trans.

That smacks more of an agenda than expressing true feelings.

by Anonymousreply 296November 19, 2022 2:06 PM

[Quote] Or maybe because it's a tired trope, like your insistence that only russians dislike trans loons.

No, but mainly the Russian trolls on here do.

by Anonymousreply 297November 19, 2022 2:06 PM

You are such a fucking liar R296! Especially since we know that "trans kids" aren't real and are in fact gay kids with homophobic parents. No one here has ever said that. You're fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 298November 19, 2022 2:17 PM

But I have no doubt that many of those "trans"kids will commit suicide when they see how they've been mutilated and sterilized instead of left alone to live a beautiful, gay life. That must be what you and your ilk want.

by Anonymousreply 299November 19, 2022 2:20 PM

One of the things I don't get about the frothier anti-trans trolls on here is their absolute obsession with a specific list of individuals, initialisms, slang terms, and a handful of events that they expect us to all understand the reference of.

Like this guy right now, who keeps harping on Suzy Green and talks about "TIM" which is supposed to mean something, as if DLers in general are sitting on 4chan or Kiwifarms or whatever, reading all the spew and learning the insider rhetoric;

You can tell that all he does is talk about trans online, all day long. What I don't get is why he thinks we do, too. What did he see on DL that made him think this was the perfect spot to pitch his tent and go on and on about this?

by Anonymousreply 300November 19, 2022 2:24 PM

Stop playing dumb, R300.

[quote] But I have no doubt that many of those "trans"kids will commit suicide when they see how they've been mutilated and sterilized instead of left alone to live a beautiful, gay life.

This is exactly what they have found: the suicide rate is higher AFTER transition. Or as Sweden, Denmark, et al have found: mental health outcomes are "less desirable" after transition.

The lies about suicide and even suicidal thoughts have been completely distorted and weaponized as a bullying tool against parents, politicians, etc.

by Anonymousreply 301November 19, 2022 2:34 PM

r300, anonymity, lack of moderation, establishing a narrative (look at Datalounge, which represents the whole Gay Community, being anti trans!).

It's basically a scam where trolls think they can make money off of right wing idiots who believe in social media being able to manipulate public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 302November 19, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]You are such a fucking liar [R296]! Especially since we know that "trans kids" aren't real and are in fact gay kids with homophobic parents. No one here has ever said that. You're fucking insane.

Yes, that's been written on DL and I understood immediately that you're all trolls. Disgusting.

Thankfully, Muriel shut that thread down

by Anonymousreply 303November 19, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]One of the things I don't get about the frothier anti-trans trolls on here is their absolute obsession with a specific list of individuals, initialisms, slang terms, and a handful of events that they expect us to all understand the reference of.

These are exact terms used by the right wing, which is how you know it's trolling.

by Anonymousreply 304November 19, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote]This is exactly what they have found: the suicide rate is higher AFTER transition.

Sure, Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 305November 19, 2022 4:01 PM

R290, I use quotations the way I feel they should be used. If the punctuation isn’t part of the original quote, I don’t include inside the quotation mark. I know that’s not how it’s done in the US, but I don’t care. It’s what makes the most sense to me.

The rest of your accusations are just bullshit. 18 hours a day? Only poor people post on Datalounge? You think I “Photoshopped” the picture I took last night? You’re as big an asshole as the other looney, and just as stupid. And I’ll meet you anywhere you want here in NYC today to prove I live here and am an American. I wish I had my “I’m So Fucking Proud Of You Guys” Beto O’Rourke enamel pin that I bought on Etsy a few years ago with me, too, so that I could “prove” my political affiliation. Not that any of this would convince you cunts.

But I’m absolutely serious. Name a place in Manhattan, I’ll meet you there today and bring the Whole Foods bag I wrote on last night. Put up or shut up, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 306November 19, 2022 4:21 PM

R300, it sounds like you just don’t follow this topic very closely… and consequently don’t know what you’re talking about. So maybe you should stop calling people “anti-trans trolls”. I reckon we know more about this topic than you do.

by Anonymousreply 307November 19, 2022 4:25 PM

I also wrote this post in the ‘How Many Of You Smoke Weed’ thread, R290. But sure, I’m not *really* in NYC. I just did some rather involved online research on gray market weed sales in NYC all so that I could infiltrate the trans threads to pretend to be an “anti-trans” American. It’s all a ruse, a long con. Sure. I’m actually a destitute Russian in Moscow… or Australia… or Canada… Sure.

[quote] Hat tip to you, [R150]/8. I recommend the Baby Jeeters infused mini pre-rolls. They range from $50-60 in the city (don’t pay $70, like one head shop is charging in SoHo). They have sativa varieties—classics like Maui Wowie and Durban Poison— and they’re overwhelmingly strong. ONE hit would probably serve you well. Though I imagine you’ll be working on that Kind Canna tube for a while! There are many, many pre-rolls available everywhere in NYC. If you find a good shop that has lots of bud for sale, they’ll typically have their own joints for sale — uninfused, mercifully — for about $10-15 (don’t pay more than that). There’s a wonderful little hole in the wall on 14th street near 2nd Avenue, on the north side of 14th, called The Tree Shop (big yellow signage; can’t miss it), and the proprietor sells indica, sativa, and hybrid pre-rolls for $10 ea. I just bought one the other day. It was actually the first pot shop I encountered in NYC where you could just walk right in and buy bud. (Empire Cannabis doesn’t count.) I was shocked and delighted! And have been back many times since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 19, 2022 4:38 PM

"transgender health care"

Removing organs for no reason is not health care.

by Anonymousreply 309November 19, 2022 4:47 PM

A fun fact: ‘trans’ is the only mental illness that’s treated by operating on healthy body parts.

by Anonymousreply 310November 19, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] If the punctuation isn’t part of the original quote, I don’t include inside the quotation mark.

Perhaps OT but: this is what I started doing some time ago. It makes much more sense and that is actually what grammar and punctuation is about: clarity of language.

Oh and pronouns, too.

by Anonymousreply 311November 19, 2022 5:28 PM

Exactly, R311. The only reason why quotation marks are used after the punctuation symbol when the symbol isn’t actually part of the quoted passage or off-set phrase, is for aesthetics. But we digress!

Now back to my borscht…

by Anonymousreply 312November 19, 2022 5:38 PM

Party of freedom!

by Anonymousreply 313November 19, 2022 6:00 PM

Don't tread on me!

by Anonymousreply 314November 19, 2022 6:01 PM

Treading on the right people!

by Anonymousreply 315November 19, 2022 6:13 PM

R256 the DL has had a crossover audience from homophobic black women from Lipstick Alley coming here to promote their darlings Janet Jackson and Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 316November 19, 2022 6:13 PM

The trannie loon is so fucked by his hormone meds that he thinks Russian trolls would know who Barbara Thorndyke is.

by Anonymousreply 317November 19, 2022 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!