Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How many of you smoke weed?

I'm in my 50s, smoked in HS but pretty much quit after that. The stuff mainly makes me sleepy or dull. I've noticed that almost every young person I've had dealngs with reek of pot. It follows them around like Pigpen in a Peanuts cartoon. Their cars reek too. Do they not worry about being pulled over?

These are predominatly Black and Hispanic too. Not that white kids don't smoke but since I work near the "barrio" I have more contact with those kids/young adults.

by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2024 5:04 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2022 4:54 PM

Nope total truth R1. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2022 4:56 PM

Everyone smokes weed or loves someone who does. What are you doing sniffing around in young people's cars?

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2022 5:03 PM

As I read it, I thought: ‘This story is growing like a weed’.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2022 5:05 PM

No, OP. I imbibe edibles.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2022 5:13 PM

NJ sold 80 million dollars in about 2 months of recreational sales. Smoking is for kids, and old people like you are using edibles or vaporizers. If you haven't noticed this everywhere you're not paying attention.

in NY , Uncle Budd has great products and prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2022 5:18 PM

R6, edibles are not just for "old" people. I'm not old.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2022 5:20 PM

Driving in Los Angeles is a nightmare now with so many vaping while driving. People don’t stop at stop signs and just jam in front of cars changing lanes. It’s fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2022 5:21 PM

Edibles would certainly solve the stench factor. I guess I'm just surprised how many are driving around smelling like it. I'd be paranoid of being pulled over

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2022 5:23 PM

The Po-lice are afraid to pull over car jackers and murderers. I don't think weed smell is at the top of the list. It might be racial profiling :)

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2022 5:27 PM

I'm 60, and I don't smoke weed. I tried it a few times in my 20s and 30s, but didn't like inhaling smoke, didn't like the smell, and didn't like the way it made me feel.

With weed legal in California now, though, I do occasionally have a gummie to help me sleep. They don't make me high; they just help me relax.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2022 5:31 PM

Op here. I wouldn't mind trying the gummies for sleep but I live in Texas and they are way behind the times but soon, soon.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2022 5:34 PM

I smoke weed and feel like I am my best self when I am stoned. I am more patient, I can work out harder stoned, and it allows my mind to relax when it is usually constantly churning. I smoke at the end of the working day and on the weekends. While I have a couple of drinks on the weekend when out, I much prefer weed to alcohol.

I think it's also where you live in terms of "weed culture". I am from California and our weed culture is massive as it is on the west coast. I've traveled all over and it is more prevalent than not. I am surprised NY lags, but I feel the east coast is a little more conservative about these things as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2022 7:07 PM

OP When people used to ask you what kind of music you liked, would you answer with, “I like everything, really. Well, everything except rap. Not rap.”

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2022 7:13 PM

Never once.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2022 7:30 PM

I loved it, but once I realized I could do it ALL THE TIME and did, I stopped. I may make an exception for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2022 7:38 PM

I do edibles every night because of pain and sleep problems but I am old. I didn't use pot at all when I was still working and I smoked it for recreation in the 60s

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2022 7:45 PM

I grow my own weed but I don’t smoke I make brownies 😎. Now I buy gummies and eat them occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2022 7:46 PM

It doesn’t agree with me, but by all means, go for it if it makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2022 7:51 PM

I’m 47, white, educated, and successful. I’ve smoked every day since my early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2022 7:58 PM

Never ever

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2022 8:25 PM

I used to smoke allot but I have put it down. It is too addictive to me and I don't like being pushed around by addictions. My neighborhood is so full of weed farms the air is practically green at harvest time. Weed gives and it takes a little too. 50 percent of the people I know smoke vape or eat pot pretty much constantly.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2022 9:18 PM

Every day.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2022 9:20 PM

It’s an herb.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2022 9:33 PM

It sucks when you have nothing in common with your prey.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2022 9:36 PM

I'm 53. I smoke, always have. On and off at periods throughout life. Luckily several dispensaries opened in the neighboring U.P. of Michigan in the last couple years and that has been a real enjoyment. Closest one is only 43 miles away. I love my weed!

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2022 9:46 PM

It’s good for you .

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2022 10:01 PM

Vape OP. Totally discreet and incognito 🥸

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2022 10:03 PM

Why? Who the fuck are.you? The DEA?

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2022 10:13 PM

R18 I made the brownies once. Complete pain in the ass recipe with getting the temperature just right to release the THC —had to use a candy thermometer, etc.…however: fuck me sideways! One tiny brownie made me high as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2022 10:17 PM

SERIOUS QUESTION for lifelong stoners: do you have wrinkles around your mouth as a result of smoking weed?

I smoked joints throughout my 20s--now I'm in my early 30s, switched to edibles.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2022 10:21 PM

I always wondered how hard those were R30.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2022 10:21 PM

R31, nope . That’s 🚬🚬

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2022 10:31 PM

The leaf is too potent for me. Love my edibles for sleep though.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2022 10:32 PM

I've been really pleased with Delta 9—I'm in a nonlegal state and my hookup has gotten too expensive. I just got an order of gummies today (D9 plus some HHC gummies they were running a special on) and I can confirm they work well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2022 10:36 PM

I don't smoke, because I hate the act of smoking (except for pole), but I do enjoy my occasional gummy edibles. They are a great sleep aid and I can't tell you how many times they've enhanced the experience of watching a shitty movie!

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2022 10:38 PM

Why does weed smell so skunky now? Back in the olden days it had more of a sweet robust scent, like burning rope mixed with herbs.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2022 11:08 PM

Just edibles for me.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2022 11:09 PM

[quote] I've noticed that almost every young person I've had dealngs with reek of pot. It follows them around like Pigpen in a Peanuts cartoon. Their cars reek too. Do they not worry about being pulled over

Of course I wouldn’t want to have hippies come crawling in with unwashed feet, but all the younger people I know are bright and attractive and have something to say. They also dress like human beings.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2022 11:10 PM

Nice one OP. Started out innocuous enough, then RIGHT IN with the making shit out of young people and racist crap. Do you have to hold yourself in comparison to other groups & to denigrate them?

You should probably get high 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2022 11:19 PM

OP is a sad troll. FF it.

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2022 11:26 PM

I just don’t understand why people need to be stoned to go about their lives. Why can do you have to be stoned to exist? What’s so bad about your life that you need to be numb? I don’t get it. Chronic users are losers, simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2022 11:53 PM

Just about everybody I know uses weed in some form. The Olds do edibles for pain and sleep, the rest of us mix it up.

The only guy I know who doesn't touch it is a commercial pilot He never knows when he may be called out to the airport. But if he could he'd smoke weed, too.

Generally weed use is now considered medicinal.

by Anonymousreply 43November 13, 2022 12:03 AM

Natural or hydroponic ?

by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2022 12:06 AM

R42 is 👻 of Nancy Reagan or a 12 stepper

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2022 12:10 AM

R45, understanding the inevitable emoji response, one still needs to let you know that you're a loser cunt who will die unmissed and unlamented if you continue to use the fucking insults to literacy.

Of course your sentiments are right. But that's no excuse.

Me? I don't smoke but make a lot of tea and do use edibles. I make my own.

by Anonymousreply 46November 13, 2022 12:15 AM

Excellent for watching stoner movies and listening to stoner songs. Great for sex too.

by Anonymousreply 47November 13, 2022 12:16 AM

Orgasms are so intensified with Canabis

by Anonymousreply 48November 13, 2022 12:21 AM

Where I live over in Memphis there are a fair amount of young people doing the "Loud" weed and reek of it on purpose. I have a feeling that the weed dealers just figure out a way to make it smell like actual crap and that it's not the real thing. The blunt behind the ear and the whole nine oftentimes.

OP. You should have already known that since it's just goofy slang which is old. It's a Kush variant with the "Loud" weed. Weed is Illegal in Tennessee so I do not partake but I chat folks up just all the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 13, 2022 12:24 AM

I just get high on life!

by Anonymousreply 50November 13, 2022 12:28 AM

I smoke every night before bed. It totally relaxes me and I sleep great. I rarely smoke during the day.

by Anonymousreply 51November 13, 2022 12:32 AM

Lighten up R40. Nothing racist. How do you know what race I am? I work in a heavily Hispanic/Black district.

by Anonymousreply 52November 13, 2022 11:03 AM

Interesting R49. So they smell like that on purpose. It stinks and smells like skunk. I thought they were just smoking skunk weed as we called it when I was in HS. I

by Anonymousreply 53November 13, 2022 11:06 AM

It's strange how if you mention race now at all you get "racist" screamed at you. It's almost as if the accuser has it on the brain.

by Anonymousreply 54November 13, 2022 11:10 AM

Why are you all talking about me as if I'm not right here with you?

How cruel can you be? I'm sitting right next to you.

I'm leaving right now....just as soon as I sleep for just a minute or two.

by Anonymousreply 55November 13, 2022 11:42 AM

I am 71 and have never smoke weed or even eaten it. I am not against its use, the smell just makes me nauseous. I live in the dorms in college and you could get high just walking down the hallways on weekends. Also I am unusual in the I don't like things that are mind altering, I drank some for a while but I haven't had any alcohol in years, altered states of mind just don't interest me.

by Anonymousreply 56November 13, 2022 12:26 PM

Edibles (or weed) give me no feelings of paranoia. In general, I find edibles alter my mood with a kind of lightness that's very enjoyable and welcome, and they help increase my libido. Edibles saved me in the dark 4 years of Dump's presidency. And the're better than drinking, which can definitely alter my mood. I know everyone is different, but they're a win-win for me.

by Anonymousreply 57November 13, 2022 12:44 PM

Used to live in an overcrowded communal student house with several potheads, and it was disgusting. They never cleaned or tidied or showered, they threw impromptu house gatherings and invited their friends to stay on our couch and eat all our food, plus they tended to play shitty world fusion music late into the night when I’d be trying to sleep or study. Oh, and one guy would always cut and roll his dreadlocks (white) either at the kitchen table or in the shower. Fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2022 12:46 PM

R58, you just described the usual communal college experience in general. I remember stuff like that and it wasn't because people were potheads; it was because they were pigs whose mommies had cleaned up for them, and mommy wasn't still around to clean up after them.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2022 12:50 PM

I've never touched the stuff but I suppose I'd give it a try if I had chronic pain.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2022 12:50 PM

I don't smoke weed. Never liked it as a teenager or young adult.

The lot of you here are addicts...

Substituting a drink or two a day for a joint or two

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2022 12:51 PM

I wonder where all the prissy Marys like R61 come from. You're all like a roadhouse production of Boys In The Band, except that's your reality.

R61, why don't you fuck off, or better get, get fucked, if that's possible? It might do wonders for you.

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2022 12:52 PM

Boy, there are some ancient opinions here about the only people who enjoy MJ being white rastas with dreads.

by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2022 12:53 PM

Because R61 doesn't like something, nobody should like it. And if they do, they're "addicts." Boy, she sounds like a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote]SERIOUS QUESTION for lifelong stoners: do you have wrinkles around your mouth as a result of smoking weed?

None that I've ever noticed.

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2022 1:03 PM

R61, I've got news for you: a drink or two a day makes you an addict, too.

Also: how many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

by Anonymousreply 66November 13, 2022 1:04 PM

R31, that's not a serious question, that's a bullshit question, and your judgment is apparent by your use of the word "stoners."

A drink or two a day does not make you an addict. Smoking weed or taking edibles with regularity doesn't make you an addict, either.

So many judgmental, unfucked queens on this thread. I never thought I'd see so many gays turn frau, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 67November 13, 2022 1:07 PM

I smoke on a daily basis usually when the day is done. I agree with R13 - I'm a better person when I smoke - more patient, less anxious.

I'm in my sixties. I'm not on any medication for anything. The world would be a better place if more people consumed cannabis.

by Anonymousreply 68November 13, 2022 1:08 PM

Agree with you, R68, particularly about how it makes one less anxious and more patient. I sure have more patience (especially for bitchy DL queens) when I have had an edible.

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2022 1:10 PM

I’m in my late 50s and I got a prescription for weed before it was legal. I use it to help sleep as I have a stressful job as an executive in the financial services industry. I have tried it all forms and find edibles are the best for sleeping. Now that is legal here in Toronto, both my 65 year old sister and my 92 year old mother both use it

by Anonymousreply 70November 13, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]I wonder where all the prissy Marys like R61 come from.

With regards to cannabis, the prohibitionists usually have one or more traits:

1) Age, over the age of 60, although prohibitionists can be younger. These folks are usually quite out of touch with current attitudes and even current laws, like the complete ignorance of some that marijuana has been decriminalized even in places it's not fully legal. Smelling like weed or even possessing it isn't usually a focus of law enforsement.

2) Classism and snobbery. "Marijuana" is seen as low class by these prisses. There's a fair amount of learned racism from decades of propaganda that linked "the devil's lettuce" to blacks and Latinos.

3) Hypocrisy and lack of self awareness; They'll almost always compare alcohol to cannabis with approval, even boasting of their alcohol intake, without a shred of irony or awareness. Alcohol is much more addictive than weed, with far more devastating social and physical tolls. Cannabis has no hangover effect, people rarely become argumentative or violent from cannabis, it has no effect of liver function, etc.

4) Conservatism, especially social conservatism. They hate weed because they're "traditionalists" who associate it with unsavory (to them) political connotations. This is of course the long term result of generations of government propaganda that they were too dull-minded to ever challenge. See #2.

5) A general disdain for other people experiencing simple pleasure. These types are huge on "work ethic" and associate cannabis with lazy "layabouts" and see no redeeming value in rest, relaxation or contemplation.

6) They just miserable old cranks who've never tried it.

by Anonymousreply 71November 13, 2022 1:20 PM

R71, I agree with all of your points except the first. Just a few posts ahead of you are from or about people in their 60s (and older) who are regular cannabis users. That includes people I know as well. The Marys who turn their noses up seem to be every age.

by Anonymousreply 72November 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Well R71 I'm OP and know quite a few monies white suburban Republicans who smoke but it usually doesn't stink and they keep it in the house. I was actually more interested in the trend of driving around stinking like a skunk I'm seeing and smelling with no thought to consequences.

by Anonymousreply 73November 13, 2022 1:27 PM

"white suburban Republicans who smoke but it usually doesn't stink and they keep it in the house."

Does their shit not stink as well, R73? So they're stinking up their house rather than their cars. How are the any better than the people you disdain?

by Anonymousreply 74November 13, 2022 1:30 PM

Who am I disdainful of R74? Can you address my question without a chip on your shoulder or putting words in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 75November 13, 2022 1:33 PM

R71 well, I’m a young non-religious freethinking liberal who happens to be teetotal, and doesn’t judge or lecture others for drinking and smoking. Whatever you wanna do is cool, as long as concomitant behaviours don’t negatively impact my life.

Am just not into substances, though I’ve tried a dozen. They all make me feel sick. Plus certain members of my family had their lives destroyed by addictions and smoking, so I just don’t wanna go there. If I don’t wanna partake, it shouldn’t be a problem for others to look down on or mock, or any of their fuckig business.

by Anonymousreply 76November 13, 2022 1:35 PM

R76, I'm talking about prohibitionists, aka people who judge others for smoking, not people who choose not to for their own personal reasons. So you can get down off the cross, we need the wood.

by Anonymousreply 77November 13, 2022 1:38 PM

Gee, R75, I wonder who you're disdainful of. You've made tat apparent by saying young black and Hispanic potheads stink up their cars, but when "monied white Republicans" have the good taste to smoke in their own homes, it seems not to smell. You don't know how idiotic that sounds?

R76, no one cares if you partake or not. The judgment coming from those who don't partake is far greater than the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 78November 13, 2022 1:38 PM

Who said that R78? The fact is the younger peoples weed does stink more. Probably cheaper but hotboxing in a car doesn't help. Maybe older people partake at home on their patios instead of while driving.

Anyway, bye. You have a giant boulder sitting on you.

by Anonymousreply 79November 13, 2022 2:29 PM

R79 didn't just say younger people's weed smelled; she said black and Latino's stunk. She's a racist.

by Anonymousreply 80November 13, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote] No one cares if you partake or not. The judgment coming from those who don't partake is far greater than the other way around.

Except that isn’t the case—just look at this thread, for a start.

Ime there is a reverse snobbery toward straight-edge. It’s a kind of highschool style ‘pick on the nerds & virgins’ heckling. Have experienced that in both my youth and adult life, and it’s so fucking childish.

Some people just don’t want to hear about your magical space grass or your spicy fun water. And that’s all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 81November 13, 2022 2:35 PM

"Some people just don’t want to hear about your magical space grass or your spicy fun water."

And no one here is saying any of that, R81. They're talking about how it helps them with anxiety, and sleeping, etc.; they're talking about the concrete things edibles or pot does for them. They're not speaking in the airy-fairy way you're describing.

by Anonymousreply 82November 13, 2022 2:38 PM

Keep the masses drugged and docile.

by Anonymousreply 83November 13, 2022 2:44 PM

I'm neither, frau, R83, as I think my posts prove.

by Anonymousreply 84November 13, 2022 2:46 PM

R84 posts a self-serving response.

by Anonymousreply 85November 13, 2022 2:50 PM

I post a response that's neither the voice of the drugged or the docile, so stop moving the goal post, frau R83/R85. There's a dear.

by Anonymousreply 86November 13, 2022 2:52 PM

So fat Ron is starting threads on DL now? Feeling an unquenchable need to prosecute people can also be a form of addiction. Probably some of the reasons cannabis is singled out is because the test for its metabolites doesn’t indicate current state of being under the influence.Easy to test for, plus another reason some people hate it is they have receptor distribution in their brains on brain regions that confer anxiety. So because they have or know someone that had a negative reaction they think so called reefer madness applies to everyone. The more widespread cannabis availability will also reveal a number needed to harm and some people are intolerant to the drug, just like any other drug. Stating the fact that it’s safer than many other substances doesn’t mean one needs to conflate the intolerance of some to a drug with it being harmful in every way.

by Anonymousreply 87November 13, 2022 3:16 PM

Sorry R80. I haven't been dealing with white kids so have no clue how it smells. Can you tell me. Does it smell the same? You can scream racist all you want but that don't make it true. As I said, I work daily in their neighborhoods so that's who I see.

by Anonymousreply 88November 13, 2022 3:28 PM

Sorry R87 I'm not "Fat Ron" but I think you are being paranoid. Maybe lay off the pipe?

by Anonymousreply 89November 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Smokers can be hard to live with when they stop smoking. Cranky people.

by Anonymousreply 90November 13, 2022 3:29 PM

R87 here’s another delusional DLer thinking that governors and people of high value are reading the DL ok a regular basis 😂

by Anonymousreply 91November 13, 2022 3:46 PM

"governors and people of high value"

Get HER at R91! 😂

by Anonymousreply 92November 13, 2022 3:52 PM

R83 and other assorted judgmental bitches on this thread: I’m a life long depressive. Tried many big pharma meds as well as therapy.

Come 2013 and legal weed in my state and I found something that helps me. Helps me laugh, fuck, sleep. Quality of life is better. I’m nicer and more patient.

If you think I’m a big loser for that, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 93November 13, 2022 5:41 PM

It's off to me that all these years on, reactions are so heated. If I tell someone or don't smoke weed or that I don't like it, often enough there's a reaction as if I've said something insulting, or that I must feel superior to people who do.

A majority of my friends smoke weed often. It has saved the life of a friend or two who suffered wasting and loss of appetite. I've nothing bad to say about weed other than it doesn't smell so good and I don't like it personally.

And I see the reaction against people who mention that they smoke weed and it's similarly strong from a different vantage point.

Who really are these people who have such strict and unwavering and 1950s/1960s opinions in either direction? People have too many deal breaker issues that don't really affect them directly.

by Anonymousreply 94November 13, 2022 8:29 PM

Back in the homeland, you would go to a proper coffeeshop that would look just like a bakery, and you'd choose something nice from the counter and light up either there or at home.

Here in Germany, the country of "no", it's impossible to get quality stuff. Either too poorly concentrated or too much THC. There's talk of legalisation, let's hope so. I'm gasping for a good blunt.

by Anonymousreply 95November 13, 2022 8:32 PM

It's not the same shit anymore. The stuff I smoked in college was cool and seems harmless but I think the shit now is more powerful than ever and people go crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 13, 2022 8:36 PM

OP You needed a poll, ya dumb fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 97November 13, 2022 8:38 PM

R96 this is a huge problem, indeed.

An old hippy neighbour of mine back in Amsterdam grew his own weed. He was old as dirt, a real leftie who would never miss a protest. Anyway. He would cultivate a little stem for me, and he told me that his weed was the one he knew from his youth in the 70s.

It was the best pot I ever had, and nothing after ever came close. It mellowed me without feeling sleepy, it somehow made me more alert to what others were saying, but at the same time everything I heard went through a bit of a filter, taking the edge off.. Hard to explain.

But that was the reaaaaal deal.

by Anonymousreply 98November 13, 2022 8:40 PM

R98, very nice!

by Anonymousreply 99November 13, 2022 8:47 PM

“At Edna’s Edibles, smoking is no longer a requirement. Come check out our creative infusions! House cheesecake, brownies, cookies! You just can’t stop at one!” 🍪 🌲

by Anonymousreply 100November 13, 2022 8:55 PM

When I had surgery for a broken leg edibles took away the pain far better than an opiate. I have a vape pen for sleep but lately it's been making me paranoid and obsessing before bed so I guess I need to find a new strain. Northern lights use to work like Xanax but now not so much. Please share your bedtime strains :)

by Anonymousreply 101November 13, 2022 9:03 PM

Me and my husband smoke a joint on the weekends. The strain we buy is very mellow and relaxing. It usually ultimately culminates in fucking great sex for us. I came 4 times last night. Much safer than poppers.

by Anonymousreply 102November 13, 2022 9:10 PM

R102 Sounds fucking amazing!

by Anonymousreply 103November 13, 2022 9:15 PM

R91 = person of low value who reads the Datalounge on a regular basis.

The wonderful thing about the Datalounge is that you have no fucking idea who is reading it or posting to it. There are some weirdos who insist on identifying themselves by authenticating but that's not knowing who they are, it simply identifies that they're attention-seeking.

Do I think Rhonda Santis reads the DL? Nope. Do I think that other famous and infamous cunts do read it, if not daily then at least regularly? Yup, I know for a fact that they do.

Does it matter? Nope, we're all just bozos on this bus. That's the fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 104November 13, 2022 9:27 PM

Anti-weed lecturing trolls need not apply. Only good vibes! ☮️

by Anonymousreply 105November 13, 2022 9:35 PM

I smoked as a teen and I didn't for years. About 5 years ago I had a knee replacement and I had a very tough time dealing with the pain. I was sent home form the hospital with a med schedule that had to be on a spread sheet. I'm not good with opioids. They make me incredibly high, but do nothing to dull my pain. My kids suggested I smoke some weed and they were right. I now smoke nightly.

by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2022 9:57 PM

A good strain for those getting paranoid or anxious is something lower in THC and high in CBD. Excellent to chill and for pain and sleep.

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2022 10:03 PM

Cookies and Cream Delta 9 edibles rn

by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2022 10:17 PM

I just found out that most vape stores in New York City sell joints and THC vapes. I bought a vape the other day, great stuff with little smell and mild coughing.

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2022 10:58 PM

I just want to say that I am stoned right now. Blue Dream - it's the best.

by Anonymousreply 110November 14, 2022 2:24 AM

Te Puke Thunder, best dope ever. We often had visiting rap performers come to NZ and lose their shit on our shit. Coromandel Gold made a guy miss his concert, stoned as fuck. It was 20 years ago and cannot remember off hand who it was.

I also always loved the story of old friends who, in the 70s, buried some Buddha Thai sticks, to wait for when Pink Floyd toured here. Well, it took 25 years, so the day of the concert the dope was dug up and smoked. After that long, it had become what we called Maori dope, sticky and crazy...None of them made the concert, all passed out by 5pm.

by Anonymousreply 111November 14, 2022 2:32 AM

Not once.

by Anonymousreply 112November 14, 2022 2:33 AM

Is that a point of pride, R112?

by Anonymousreply 113November 14, 2022 2:39 AM

I'm in my fifties, and smoke up three to four times each week, sometimes more; less frequently if I'm travelling to places where it isn't legal. You make interesting "observations" shall we say, OP... "White-adjacent" here by DL standards, (Jewish) and ironically NONE of the Hispanic people I know use drugs of any kind. I don't know anyone who reeks of grass, nor do I know people who partake in their cars, or carry it on their person everywhere they go.

I didn't begin enjoying spliffs (hashish) until my Uni days, and never did become "chronic" as the younger Americans refer to regular daily users. I see the world differently when I'm high, and tend to enjoy certain mundane experiences more fully. I think it recalibrates my soul somehow, or opens up my chakras somehow. The world is a much more beautiful place with grass as an option for a head change.

It only makes me feel tired roughly five to six hours after smoking, which I describe as "the purple drug haze". I prefer straight Sativa over hybrids, like classic Afghani landrace strains. I'm not really a fan of Indicas, or CBD. Perhaps you need to experiment with different types OP.

by Anonymousreply 114November 14, 2022 4:47 AM

R101 I absolutely loved Northern Lights ages ago, (late 80s-early 90s) but more recent related strains were not quite the same. It made me happy, giggly, and energised, nothing like Xanax really...I suspect we're all experiencing the different crops and strains uniquely. You probably have had the later Northern Lites.

Have you had Purple Kush, or Sour Diesel? Those are very hash-like and Benzo-ish for me... also San Fernando Valley Project provides quite a medicated body buzz. You may also dig Tweed, or Rythm... both I've tried recently, and found them to be more in the downer category.

by Anonymousreply 115November 14, 2022 4:59 AM

[quote] Weed users nearly 25% more likely to need emergency care and hospitalization

This is mostly an issue of young people new to MJ not knowing the right/proper edible doses, taking far too much for a beginner, and freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 116November 14, 2022 5:31 AM

Weed is like cigars - the stench lingers because of the stickiness is being burned. The higher THC percentage, the oilier it seems to be - though some of the pricy stuff seems to be freeze-dried.

Anyway, OP, there are seven weed smokers actively using this board each day. There’s a shared calendar. And an email list. You won’t be on it.

by Anonymousreply 117November 14, 2022 5:44 AM

It's a good idea to start edibles slowly. Take just half and wait a few hours for it to hit. Don't take more after a half hour because you're not feeling anything. This is how people miss calculate and end up freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 118November 14, 2022 6:13 AM

[quote] never did become "chronic" as the younger Americans refer to regular daily users.

We smoke chronic, meaning really good bud. We don't use the word as in "becoming chronic". For that we would say "crispy" as is in over baked. Technically you can become a chronic smoker, but not in the way you meant it.

by Anonymousreply 119November 14, 2022 6:41 AM

Has anyone ever tried one of those CBD vape pens?

by Anonymousreply 120November 14, 2022 10:16 AM

I don't smoke, but I make these amazing pot cookies. I don't take them regularly, I just keep them in the freezer for when I'm really sick or when I have a massive migraine. They knock me out and allow me to get tons of rest.

by Anonymousreply 121November 14, 2022 10:35 AM

I'm a 53 male and I smoke weed daily these days. I started smoking it about 18 months ago. I don't drink and really enjoy it plus it has enhanced my creativity, general wellbeing and stress levels with the world being the way it is now.

Marijuana is illegal where I live. I have previously lived in a country where it was legal - so have experienced both ends of the spectrum of cost and availability.

by Anonymousreply 122November 14, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote]Weed users nearly 25% more likely to need emergency care and hospitalization This is mostly an issue of young people new to MJ not knowing the right/proper edible doses, taking far too much for a beginner, and freaking out.

You may be right, but the study doesn't say that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 14, 2022 12:15 PM

^^Sorry, didn't realize that would post like that.

by Anonymousreply 124November 14, 2022 12:21 PM

I chose to be a little more constructive in the 1960s. How many of you make paper out of hemp pulp?

by Anonymousreply 125November 14, 2022 3:09 PM

R123. Did you actually read that mess? It's laughable.

Let's see a booze study.

by Anonymousreply 126November 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Are the people bragging things like "not once" proud of that fact? I'm pretty sure you don't realize how you come across. It's not positive, that's for sure.

Sometimes it's hard to believe this is a website for gays. So many who post here seem so sheltered, conformist and rigid. Afraid of change or experiencing anything new or different. Not like any gay people I've known.

It's fine to not like weed. It's fine to like or not like almost anything. But bragging that you've never even tried something is just fucking sad.

by Anonymousreply 127November 15, 2022 5:01 PM

R127 big mad today.

by Anonymousreply 128November 15, 2022 5:07 PM

Lol okay, hon.

by Anonymousreply 129November 15, 2022 5:23 PM

For r12, for entertainment and educational purposes only. (Hint: They ship to TX and it's legal.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 15, 2022 5:24 PM

[QUOTE] Weed users nearly 25% more likely to need emergency care and hospitalization This is mostly an issue of young people new to MJ not knowing the right/proper edible doses, taking far too much for a beginner, and freaking out.

Easy fix, just smoke it instead of taking edibles.

EVERYONE freaks out on edibles except for the most hardcore users. But I guess newbies who are too dainty to smoke something will continue to learn the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 131November 15, 2022 6:31 PM

it smells really bad.

by Anonymousreply 132November 15, 2022 10:44 PM

A friend with weed is a friend indeed🔥

by Anonymousreply 133November 16, 2022 5:54 AM

I love the smell, R132.

by Anonymousreply 134November 16, 2022 3:12 PM

We vape the flower everyday, we use an electronic vape which doesn't stink, I just had a PET scan because of cancer and asked them specifically about my lungs, they said they look great, everyone needs cannabis people are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 135November 16, 2022 4:36 PM

I finally quit smoking cigarettes 7 years ago, and along with that included weed too. I never really got into weed to begin with. It stinks, and getting stoned isn't really all that impressive to me.. Alcohol is my current vice.

by Anonymousreply 136November 16, 2022 6:24 PM

Sadly flower will be thing of the past and there will only be this vape and edible shit at some point. The corporations will force it upon us.

It is the downside of legalization.

by Anonymousreply 137November 16, 2022 9:11 PM

So many alcoholics and dry drunks posting in this thread and trying to pretend they are holier than thou.

by Anonymousreply 138November 16, 2022 9:11 PM

LOL I was just thinking about this the other day and then my cat did the funniest thing and I couldn't stop laughing. I spilled my juice and then

Wait, what was the question?

by Anonymousreply 139November 16, 2022 9:15 PM

Why do you think that R137? Flower is still hugely popular. Pls tell me more.

by Anonymousreply 140November 16, 2022 11:50 PM

Alcohol is awful. More than 3 drinks makes me literally sick. I could drink a lot more when I was younger, but thankfully I rarely did.

Weed is a wonder drug. I love the smell.

by Anonymousreply 141November 17, 2022 12:03 AM

I used to smoke it when I was in my teens until maybe 40, just if other people were doing it, not that much, I never liked it much. Now looking back I wonder why I did. Absolutely hated the smell and hated how the smoke tasted. Also, being wasted did nothing for me, that I enjoyed. I don't see the appeal of being thick-tongued and foggy-brained - or paranoid, which I sometimes was, too. Alcohol, on the other hand, I always enjoyed - the taste and how it made me feel - though I mostly stopped that, too.

by Anonymousreply 142November 17, 2022 1:32 AM

You sound like a real hit at parties, R142.

by Anonymousreply 143November 17, 2022 11:45 AM

Yes, but I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it's dirty and a bit tawdry but on the other hand, it makes everything better.

by Anonymousreply 144November 17, 2022 1:29 PM

How is it dirty and tawdry, R144?

Seems like an odd take. Would you describe alcohol the same way?

by Anonymousreply 145November 17, 2022 1:42 PM

A study recapped in ScieTechDaily.com on 11/17/22

[quote] Smoking Marijuana May Be Worse for Lungs Than Smoking Cigarettes

[quote] According to new research, airway inflammation and emphysema are more common in marijuana smokers than cigarette smokers. Investigators said the difference may be due to the way that marijuana is smoked and the fact that marijuana smoke enters the lungs unfiltered. The research study was published on November 15 in Radiology, a journal of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).

From the findings:

[quote] Three-quarters of the marijuana smokers had emphysema, a lung disease that causes difficulty with breathing, compared with 67% of the tobacco-only smokers. Only 5% of the non-smokers had emphysema. Paraseptal emphysema, which damages the tiny ducts that connect to the air sacs in the lungs, was the predominant emphysema subtype in marijuana smokers compared to the tobacco-only group.

Someone alter Bill Maher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 17, 2022 1:50 PM

compared chest CT results from 56 marijuana smokers with those of 57 non-smoking controls and 33 tobacco-only smokers.

by Anonymousreply 147November 17, 2022 2:48 PM

I smoke pot every single night. 2 or 3 little rips on my mini bong. One round to get a buzz, another round an hour or so later to put me off to sleep. I smoke far less than the people in that study quoted above; and if I were truly worried about my lungs I could easily switch to edibles.

I’m 43 and have been a regular marihuana user since I was 15. And when in NYC, I recommend checking out any of the dozens (hundreds?) of pot stores that have opened up— you needn’t limit yourself to the Uncle Budd truck. There’s a great place in Chelsea on 7th Avenue near 20th street that has an astonishingly wide selection, for a place that doesn’t have a permit (no one selling pot in NY does).

by Anonymousreply 148November 17, 2022 2:57 PM

[QUOTE] Smoking Marijuana May Be Worse for Lungs Than Smoking Cigarettes

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 149November 17, 2022 4:07 PM

A couple of weeks ago I went to Cannabis Culture on 8th ave/Penn Station and asked an adorable young woman for a pre-roll, strong sativa because I wanted to run around and do errands. I normally smoke a mild indica for sleep. She pulled out a Cannakind tube for 30 dollars. I took 2 hits and it took me 45 minutes to walk 3 blocks. I hadn't been that high in years. Errands were out of the question so I put on the Koyannisqasti soundtrack and pretended I was FC Coppola. Then I walked up to Schubert alley and played show tunes. I starred in EVERYTHING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 17, 2022 4:09 PM

That’s hilarious, R150. I actually would’ve had a panic attack if I’d gotten that high (IN MANHATTAN) when I didn’t expect to.

Over the summer, I smoked about a 1/4 of a joint in Tompkins Square Park, and had to walk back to 14th and 3rd Avenue… it took forever, and when I got to 1st Avenue, I actually took the L train ONE stop to 3rd Avenue because I didn’t think I could make it the extra two blocks. Granted, those are long blocks…

$30 is a lot for a joint(?). I’m guessing it was infused with oil and dipped in kief?

by Anonymousreply 151November 17, 2022 4:56 PM

Was it this product, R150?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 17, 2022 5:01 PM

Started too young like 13-14 smoked most my life took a two year break at 34. My anxiety went away but my digestive system and sleep went to shit.. Now I just smoke a couple puffs a day. Anxiety hasn't come back but sleep and digestion still trash.

Never smoked cigs regularly only in my party years on coke or xtc.

by Anonymousreply 153November 17, 2022 5:01 PM

[Quote]Smoking Marijuana May Be Worse for Lungs Than Smoking Cigarettes

Learn to read. "May be" also means MAY NOT BE.

by Anonymousreply 154November 17, 2022 5:03 PM

[QUOTE] it's dirty and a bit tawdry

Explain.

by Anonymousreply 155November 17, 2022 5:04 PM

I’ll say this re: dirty and tawdry, when I was a teen in the mid 90s (I first tried pot when I was 15 or 16), I really enjoyed the illicit aspect of it. I LIKED that we had to hide from the cops, from our mothers, and that there was something transgressive about it. I’m sure being a teenager is what made me feel that way about it.

At first when it started to be legalized, I thought “Huh, well that might take some of the fun out of it.” Now I’m just OLD and grateful that it’s decriminalization and outright legalization in my state has made it so much easier to get, and I’m especially grateful that I can have a puff or two on the streets of NYC without being paranoid about the cops.

by Anonymousreply 156November 17, 2022 5:13 PM

^Yes this and not wanting to bother non-smokers.

by Anonymousreply 157November 17, 2022 5:21 PM

r152, yes. I'd never had one dipped in oil with kief. Also, I rarely use headphones so the whole experience was other worldly.

by Anonymousreply 158November 17, 2022 5:38 PM

Hat tip to you, R150/8.

I recommend the Baby Jeeters infused mini pre-rolls. They range from $50-60 in the city (don’t pay $70, like one head shop is charging in SoHo). They have sativa varieties—classics like Maui Wowie and Durban Poison— and they’re overwhelmingly strong. ONE hit would probably serve you well. Though I imagine you’ll be working on that Kind Canna tube for a while!

There are many, many pre-rolls available everywhere in NYC. If you find a good shop that has lots of bud for sale, they’ll typically have their own joints for sale — uninfused, mercifully — for about $10-15 (don’t pay more than that). There’s a wonderful little hole in the wall on 14th street near 2nd Avenue, on the north side of 14th, called The Tree Shop (big yellow signage; can’t miss it), and the proprietor sells indica, sativa, and hybrid pre-rolls for $10 ea. I just bought one the other day. It was actually the first pot shop I encountered in NYC where you could just walk right in and buy bud. (Empire Cannabis doesn’t count.) I was shocked and delighted! And have been back many times since.

by Anonymousreply 159November 17, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote] I recommend the Baby Jeeters infused mini pre-rolls. They range from $50-60 in the city

Sorry, I should have specified: they sell little glass jars containing FIVE mini pre-rolls for that price.

by Anonymousreply 160November 17, 2022 5:47 PM

Ugh, and I meant to write those Baby Jeeters are NOT overwhelmingly strong, but one hit would likely be enough.

So many missing words in my replies, and I’m not even high! Edit function, PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 161November 17, 2022 5:49 PM

Not in fucking Iowa. It's strickly backyard kush. And yer on yer own.

by Anonymousreply 162November 17, 2022 8:06 PM

[quote]I smoke weed and feel like I am my best self when I am stoned.

Everyone feels this way when they're high. Nobody is at their best when high.

by Anonymousreply 163November 17, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Everyone feels this way when they're high. Nobody is at their best when high.

Don’t make sweeping statements like this, please.

by Anonymousreply 164November 17, 2022 8:42 PM

I'm smoking right now 😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 165November 17, 2022 8:44 PM

R165 You dirty, tawdry little thing....

by Anonymousreply 166November 17, 2022 8:49 PM

Recently I've been taking gummies and single cannabinoid tinctures for different reasons. (I'm 53). I use a THC/CBD combination gummy at night for sleep, and a mix of THCV, CBD, CBDA and THCA for appetite suppression, neuro-protection, anti-inflammation and stress reduction during the day. THCV works great for weight loss (for me)

by Anonymousreply 167November 17, 2022 8:51 PM

I’m a musician (not pro, just home recordings) and I make my best music when stoned. I’m my only audience and only critic of course. But I do feel my best, stoned. I know I’m under the influence but I feel so much better, am nicer to my loved ones. I feel a little guilty about it, like I’m doing life wrong, but it really improves my quality of life.

by Anonymousreply 168November 17, 2022 9:15 PM

R168, I bought a susteva vape last week for the first time. I got really stoned for a few day (I was on vacation). I've since felt calmer, gentler, more patient and magnanimous.

by Anonymousreply 169November 17, 2022 9:22 PM

Susteva? I can’t find that name anywhere online. All that comes up is Sustiva, an HIV antiviral. What does that have to do with THC?

by Anonymousreply 170November 17, 2022 9:45 PM

Sorry, R170, it's sativa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 17, 2022 9:55 PM

Ah, just a generic ‘sativa’ then. Was it an oil distillate in a vape pen? That sort of thing?

by Anonymousreply 172November 17, 2022 10:06 PM

Flower won't be going away in Louisiana at least, since it's cheap and they just opened a 200K growing operation. Don't smoke vape, we have Boudless CFX and screen baskets for it, no smell and you can vape in the house.

by Anonymousreply 173November 17, 2022 10:10 PM

“Flower” is never going away. Ignore that paranoid person upthread.

by Anonymousreply 174November 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Why are there literally no states in the American South (unless you count Missouri) that have legal recreational?

by Anonymousreply 175November 17, 2022 10:25 PM

You have to count MO.

The reason all the others don’t is that they’re largely backwards, the opposite of progressive, and deeply stupid.

by Anonymousreply 176November 17, 2022 10:28 PM

I Louisiana it is "medical" marijuana but anyone qualifies for anything, thus defacto legalization, they can't keep it in stock oftentimes.

by Anonymousreply 177November 17, 2022 10:56 PM

They're not at their worst, either, R163. How do you know someone isn't at their best when high--if they're lighter, warmer, more prone to humor? Kinder?

Have you met many people who are never high who are none of thise things? Because I have.

So cut the attitude and the judgment.

by Anonymousreply 178November 17, 2022 11:18 PM

And where do they need it the most, R175/R176? The very states you can't get it freely.

by Anonymousreply 179November 17, 2022 11:21 PM

R172, it was a vape pen. Almost no smell, no actual smoke, induces a lot less coughing for me, and the high was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 180November 17, 2022 11:34 PM

I don't smoke or vape, only use edibles. It's a wonderful way to have pleasure and a little lightness in every day.

by Anonymousreply 181November 17, 2022 11:38 PM

R181, how many mg of THC in your edibles and how many do you take for one “session”?

by Anonymousreply 182November 17, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote] I smoke weed and feel like I am my best self when I am stoned.

Me too, but I could be wrong. When I’m stoned I have amazing ideas, truly amazing, for movies and books. The next day when I think about them, it turns out that they’re just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 183November 18, 2022 1:08 AM

That happens to me with musical ideas, R183, though sometimes they really are brilliant. I record them all and listen later, sometimes weeks later, and have no recollection of coming up with them.

by Anonymousreply 184November 18, 2022 1:29 AM

R192, 10 mg or a little more per day.

by Anonymousreply 185November 18, 2022 2:10 AM

Sorry, that was for R182.

by Anonymousreply 186November 18, 2022 2:12 AM

They want everyone smoking synthetics out of a cart, or eating edible.

The war on flower.

by Anonymousreply 187November 18, 2022 4:14 AM

[QUOTE] It's a wonderful way to have pleasure and a little lightness in every day.

Or you could just put some Dr. Scholls inserts in your shoes, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 188November 18, 2022 4:16 AM

And you can fuck off, cunt R188.

by Anonymousreply 189November 18, 2022 12:50 PM

Don't call me by your name, R189.

by Anonymousreply 190November 18, 2022 11:06 PM

I take it back, R190. You're more a gash than a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 191November 18, 2022 11:16 PM

R187, I really don’t think that’s happening. Don’t be a conspiracy theorist.

The market responds to demand. There are people who want to try pot (again, or for the first time) now that it’s legal in half the states, but they may not want to deal with igniting buds with a flame, or rolling a joint, or even buying a pricy vaporizer. That’s where edibles and single use “pens” with distillate come in.

I am not seeing any evidence of a concerted effort to stamp out the smoking or vaporizing of buds.

by Anonymousreply 192November 18, 2022 11:43 PM

Most edibles are 10mg. If you're just starting out it's best to take just half or even less.

by Anonymousreply 193November 19, 2022 12:05 AM

Definitely 5mg or less, I concur.

Hell, I’m a seasoned pot smoker and I found 5mg to be plenty.

by Anonymousreply 194November 19, 2022 12:14 AM

Oh I disagree R194. Ive been smoking weed for 40+ years and recently got on the edibles train. 5mg dont do shit for me. I wasnt an ounce a day smoker either. 3-4 bowls a night usually . When I tried the 10mg that did me much better.

by Anonymousreply 195November 19, 2022 12:43 AM

Liars get cancer!

by Anonymousreply 196November 19, 2022 12:48 AM

I should have been more specific, R195. I take 3 or 4 little bong hits a night, and have done since about 1998. Not 3 or 4 bowls— 3 or 4 single hits! I think I have a lesser tolerance than most daily/nightly smokers. I believe you that 5mg isn’t enough for you!

by Anonymousreply 197November 19, 2022 12:52 AM

[QUOTE] There are people who want to try pot (again, or for the first time) now that it’s legal in half the states, but they may not want to deal with igniting buds with a flame, or rolling a joint, or even buying a pricy vaporizer.

Delicate flowers boycotting flower. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 198November 19, 2022 12:53 AM

I take a 10-mg edible every day. Sometimes 15-mg.

by Anonymousreply 199November 19, 2022 1:19 AM

Is there any truth that bongs are healthier to use than a bowl? Or just an old wives tale?

I was thinking of getting a glass bong but they are expensive.

by Anonymousreply 200November 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Bongs just cool and filter a little bit, you still get the smoke and it still stinks, vape edibles, tintures smoking ain't cool man.

by Anonymousreply 201November 19, 2022 1:47 AM

"vape edibles, tintures smoking ain't cool man."

How high are you right now, R201?

by Anonymousreply 202November 19, 2022 1:49 AM

Smoking weed after 40 (unless its doctor prescribed to fight pain from an illnesd) is a desperate attempt to appear youthful and to hang on to glory days....change my mind.

by Anonymousreply 203November 19, 2022 1:56 AM

R203, why are you asking us to change your mind, which, as you indicated, is already made up?

by Anonymousreply 204November 19, 2022 1:58 AM

Boy. I guess R203, for all her judgment, isn't very smart.

by Anonymousreply 205November 19, 2022 2:00 AM

Do any of you use CBD gummies? How do they affect you? Are they worth the money?

Will gummies cause you to fail a drug test?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 19, 2022 2:02 AM

Never work for any place that makes you take drug tests.

by Anonymousreply 207November 19, 2022 2:04 AM

My father has rheumatoid arthritis. It was in remission for a while but the pain is coming back. Has anyone tried edibles for RA? I was wondering if it would be better for him than the methotrxate he was on.

by Anonymousreply 208November 19, 2022 2:05 AM

R203: I am 49. It makes sex better, music sounds better, food tastes better (ok that could be a liability for some of us), and makes dealing with family more tolerable.

And now that it’s legal in my state, it’s easier to get and is if higher quality than what I smoked in my 20s.

These are my glory days.

by Anonymousreply 209November 19, 2022 2:06 AM

Oy R197! That would just annoy me !

by Anonymousreply 210November 19, 2022 2:08 AM

"These are my glory days."

Same here, R209.

by Anonymousreply 211November 19, 2022 2:11 AM

The VERY few times in 40 years Ive tried to quit I almost stroked out. Weed keeps me stable ,otherwise Id be a screaming bitch 24-7. Im 62 ,so why bother quitting now?

by Anonymousreply 212November 19, 2022 2:15 AM

One-hundred percent, R212.

by Anonymousreply 213November 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Nope. I am one of those who gets paranoid when stoned. I've had a couple of good stoned experiences involving the munchies and a ton of junk food.

Also, just my experience, but the people I know who are daily users seem to have issues, mostly anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 214November 19, 2022 2:17 AM

R208, I can't advise you on that. Can anyone else? It's consistent but recreational for me.

by Anonymousreply 215November 19, 2022 2:17 AM

R203, you’re just a fucking square.

by Anonymousreply 216November 19, 2022 2:25 AM

You just reminded me I have a bowl waiting.

by Anonymousreply 217November 19, 2022 2:28 AM

CBD edibles are excellent for all kinds of pain. They do have THC in them so yes, you will fail a drug test.

The husbear's mother has all kinds of pain, poor dear, and she says the CBD edibles are a god send. She takes half an edible (5mg) after breakfast, another half in the afternoon and half at bedtime. She likes the chocolate mint candy bar type.

She starts to panic when she sees her stash running low because her life is fairly difficult without it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218November 19, 2022 2:36 AM

Nope, haven’t tried it.

by Anonymousreply 219November 19, 2022 2:42 AM

I haven't smoked it in 20 years. I fat enough. I don't need something to make me fatter. Anything out there to make me thinner and not exercise?

by Anonymousreply 220November 19, 2022 2:44 AM

I actually never get the munchies anymore. I used to, in my 20s and 30s. Don’t know what’s different now. I have a friend who’s in her mid-50s, however, and she still gets the munchies as bad as she did 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 221November 19, 2022 2:53 AM

I never get munchies. But I do get cottonmouth so I have plenty of (non-alcoholic) drinks on hand.

by Anonymousreply 222November 19, 2022 1:27 PM

R62, R64, R66, and R71...

R61 here.

You're humorless, assume comments not to your liking are from old prigs and are worthy of contempt, and appear to have problems controlling your anger.

Jeez, the weed you're taking is clouding your judgment.

by Anonymousreply 223November 19, 2022 10:18 PM

It's rather sad when some people's entire identity revolves around smoking/consuming weed. That's all they talk about.

We get it. You smoke weed. You reek of it.

by Anonymousreply 224November 19, 2022 11:50 PM

Asshole R224 someone started a thread about weed so some people are on here talking about weed. Because it is the thread topic.

You must hang around some bad smelling losers who only talk about weed.

by Anonymousreply 225November 20, 2022 12:55 AM

I smoke occasionally, but less every year. I notice my friends who are heavy users have trouble keeping up with a conversation and lose their train of thought easily. Before you screech "eldergay!" I am referring to some friends under 35. I hope that doesn't get worse, but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 226November 20, 2022 5:58 AM

I've not seen any cognitive issues with anyone who uses pot in any form. They can carry on a conversation, they don't forget words, and they are as articulate as non-users.

by Anonymousreply 227November 20, 2022 6:06 AM

Their "entire identity," R224? You reek of douchebaggery.

by Anonymousreply 228November 20, 2022 6:22 AM

R223, anyone whose moniker is "BonniePrinceCharlie" really shouldn;t be casting judgment.

by Anonymousreply 229November 20, 2022 6:25 AM

Hey, R229...you just did.

At least I ut a name to my posts.

by Anonymousreply 230November 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Meaning what, Mary R230?

by Anonymousreply 231November 20, 2022 1:30 PM

Charlie, you’ve always been a dull-witted bore, and there was nothing humorous about your initial post in this thread. It was smugness from a clueless old prig. Your input on this topic is not needed.

by Anonymousreply 232November 20, 2022 1:48 PM

Hear hear, R232.

by Anonymousreply 233November 20, 2022 2:00 PM

What do you call people that are overly judgmental about stoners?

Alcoholics!

by Anonymousreply 234November 20, 2022 2:14 PM

[QUOTE] Charlie, you’ve always been a dull-witted bore

IOW he would be a good candidate for US president.

by Anonymousreply 235November 20, 2022 2:25 PM

I say enjoy what you enjoy, be it booze and/or weed. I enjoy a cocktail and an edible, though not usually at the same time. It's usually dry drunks who are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 236November 20, 2022 2:27 PM

I live in Georgia, a state where one certainly can get busted for weed, but cars of blacks reek of it. Even in small towns. The only place I enjoy cannabis is in the discrete privacy of my home as does every other white person I know who is a user. This must contribute to the higher incarceration of blacks v white.

by Anonymousreply 237November 20, 2022 2:41 PM

Okay, the racists need to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 238November 20, 2022 2:47 PM

A question for those who smoke or use edibles: any issues with working out at the gym? I was wondering if having an edible beforehand would accelerate the heart rate on the stairmaster, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 239November 20, 2022 2:49 PM

lose their train of thought easily

That's the whole point, are you for real? It's for relaxing, not for brain surgery. It's certainly much better than alcohol where you lose all control.

by Anonymousreply 240November 20, 2022 3:00 PM

I smoked weed back in the mid-70's and haven't smoked it since then. However, I recently discovered Delta-8 at a dispensary in Charlottesville, VA. I was curious and bought a Delta-8 Indica vape device. The effects provide a relaxed and calm sense of being and ensures a restful sleep (at least in my case). Delta-8 is a derivative of Hemp and does have some THC (0.3%) but nothing like smoking weed. Since then I have explored other Delta-8 variations (sativa, hybrid) and find it's great for relaxing, and takes the edge off depending on the situation. I have a very low tolerance for any altering substance so a little goes a long way. The price is about 35.00 per device and they last for about 3 months with evening use only.

Virginia does have an allowance for growing weed for personal use and there are dispensaries that sell weed (for 'medical' instances) but I find the benefits of Delta-8 are enough for me w/o the side affects of weed (paranoia, munchies, giggles).

by Anonymousreply 241November 20, 2022 3:02 PM

A lot of the minorities prefer to smoke while driving a vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 242November 20, 2022 3:15 PM

I smoked lots in HS in the 80s then didn’t smoke again until the 10s. I now smoke a vape nightly to sleep and don’t bother with alcohol except socially. If I didn’t have a 9-5 I’d wake and bake daily too. i’ll probably spend my retirement happily stoned. My state is legal but recreational isn’t set up yet so I drive one state over every few months to stock up. So much easier to procure than it was in my youth.

by Anonymousreply 243November 20, 2022 3:54 PM

When I was in my teens I smoked but not a lot just some on weekends but always got the munchies.

by Anonymousreply 244November 20, 2022 4:58 PM

I smoke before the gym and I don't find that it excessively raises my heart rate, but there are some things that would be harder if you blazed a joint prior: HIIT Classes or any high intensity aerobics that would be brutal regardless. I smoke and go to hard indoor cycling classes, power yoga, treadmill, and swimming. I smoke a a sativa that is very good.

by Anonymousreply 245November 20, 2022 9:33 PM

R218 I am so happy for people with permanent disease/disabilities that CBD makes living their lives easier and, in many cases, more enjoyable.

R245 why do you smoke before going to the gym?

by Anonymousreply 246November 22, 2022 9:32 AM

Weed makes everything interesting again.

by Anonymousreply 247November 22, 2022 9:53 AM

I like weed but I don't because it's illegal here and the whole finding and getting drugs thing is a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 248November 22, 2022 9:56 AM

Never.

I dislike the smell of it.

by Anonymousreply 249November 22, 2022 12:05 PM

I have been growing my own now but it's not enough, I still have to go to the dispensary, it's ridiculously easy with auto flowering plants but the seed is expensive.

by Anonymousreply 250November 22, 2022 3:19 PM

215. I counted.

by Anonymousreply 251November 22, 2022 5:11 PM

F&F the racist at R237.

by Anonymousreply 252November 22, 2022 6:35 PM

“I say enjoy what you enjoy, be it booze and/or weed. I enjoy a cocktail and an edible, though not usually at the same time. It's usually dry drunks who are the problem.”

This 🙌☝🏼☝🏼 and especially 12 steppers.

by Anonymousreply 253November 23, 2022 12:07 AM

I took 5mg of THC before Thanksgiving dinner this year. Everything tasted sooo delicious.

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2022 7:58 PM

It’s a fucking herb

by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2022 8:19 PM

I am 58 years old and I have never smoked it, nor donI have any interest in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2022 8:49 PM

R256 is a threadkiller apparently.

by Anonymousreply 257November 26, 2022 5:00 PM

I’m 49 and with legal weed have become happy more days than not. Used to be an ornery bitch.

by Anonymousreply 258November 26, 2022 10:10 PM

R256 yes it's obvious you don't use cannabis, no one smokes it anymore btw, and you sound bitter and are probably a cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 259November 27, 2022 2:16 AM

R256 yes it's obvious you don't use cannabis, no one smokes it anymore btw, and you sound bitter and are probably a cunt too. You are the very one that needs it.

by Anonymousreply 260November 27, 2022 2:18 AM

I wouldn't smoke weed for a variety of good reasons the main one being I'm not putting any kind of smoke into my lungs. On the other hand when it comes to edibles - mainly brownies - ....

by Anonymousreply 261November 27, 2022 2:19 AM

What are some of the other reasons not to smoke pot, besides not wanting to put smoke of any kind in your lungs?

by Anonymousreply 262November 27, 2022 2:24 AM

The strong, lingering odor.

by Anonymousreply 263November 27, 2022 3:03 AM

I'm 53 years old and grateful for the day I first smoked week over 30 years ago, and for not spending my whole life as a conformist stick-in-the-mud.

by Anonymousreply 264November 27, 2022 3:06 AM

Ah, makes sense. If that bothered me, I would just smoke outside. But I love everything about pot—the smell of the fresh, cured bud, the smoke’s flavors, the scent of someone else’s joint, the smooth hit from a vaporizer, the creeping effects of a mild edible. Buying pre-rolls, getting too high and feeling uncomfortable, going on the Leafly app and looking the menus of far-off dispensaries… aaaaahhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 265November 27, 2022 3:37 AM

When is Europe going to get on board with weed? It's ridiculous that only a few countries allow it, and even then it's for medicinal use only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 27, 2022 6:28 PM

I'm not get the smell being a dealbreaker. What bizarre comments Fine if you don't like the effects of weed but as for the smell you can smoke outside or there are ozone machines for about $200 that you can run inside your house to remove any odor.

by Anonymousreply 267November 27, 2022 7:53 PM

Or especially, R267, when there are edibles.

by Anonymousreply 268November 27, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] there are ozone machines for about $200

Link?

by Anonymousreply 269December 9, 2022 3:05 PM

What the hell is an ozone machine?

by Anonymousreply 270December 9, 2022 8:22 PM

Weed smell does not linger like cigs. Just open the windows and there is no smell.

by Anonymousreply 271December 10, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] [R223], anyone whose moniker is "BonniePrinceCharlie" really shouldn;t be casting judgment.

by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2024 8:55 PM

It stinks like shit!

by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote] It stinks like shit!

What? BonniePrinceCharlie?

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2024 9:01 PM

Edibles.

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2024 9:01 PM

It's healthier than booze. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2024 9:24 PM

No, no, no, no, I don't smoke it no more

I'm tired of waking up on the floor

No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze

Then it makes it hard to find the door

by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2024 9:26 PM

I love weed (via vape pen) but if I have it in the house I won’t do much of anything else.

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2024 10:49 PM

It is unhealthy as fuck

by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2024 10:51 PM

Edibles aren't, R279.

by Anonymousreply 280March 7, 2024 4:06 AM

Nope. I don't like the high.

by Anonymousreply 281March 7, 2024 4:15 AM

Vape pens are worse for you than smoking a joint. Smoking causes reversible damage, but vaping damage is irreversible.

by Anonymousreply 282March 7, 2024 4:21 AM

I only smoke weed because I'm not into drugs.

by Anonymousreply 283March 7, 2024 4:27 AM

I smoke a bit to sharpen my appetite for dinner and then before bed.

by Anonymousreply 284March 7, 2024 7:55 AM

It can’t be good to hold the smoke in your lungs even if it is “natural”. It hurts a lot more than the half hearted light ciggie going in and out.

by Anonymousreply 285March 7, 2024 7:59 AM

R277........what?

by Anonymousreply 286March 7, 2024 8:31 AM

[quote] Smoking causes reversible damage

Oh, really, R282? You think?

R277, it's a song.

by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2024 4:56 PM

Sorry, that was for R287. It's a Ringo Starr song, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2024 4:57 PM

A 50 + yo white gay man who spends his time with black and Hispanic youths including quality time inside their cars. But he complains how they smell.

How sweet and tender and not even a little suspecious.

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote] a little suspecious

Oh, dear, R289.

by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2024 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!