Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Midterm Elections Thread: official, discuss midterm elections, Part 7

There are still some races to be decided, including the House possibly for the Dems. Dare to dream, everyone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 15, 2022 7:16 AM

^ previous thread above.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2022 12:57 PM

Thank you OP..

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2022 12:59 PM

Important to keep the focus on persuading Georgia to vote for Warnock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2022 12:59 PM

R3 We don't need to, just make sure we canvas as many absentee ballots as possible and there aren't cameras filming when we count the vote at 9 p.m. the weekend after the election.

We'll say Gen Z rose up and made their proud progressive voices heard, and women joined in sisterhood and yadda yadda and they'll be so caught up in the fantasy they won't question anything.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2022 1:26 PM

R4 Proud Russian or Chinese, more like. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2022 1:29 PM

Everyone, let’s start the new thread fresh and clean by blocking r4. I have the dummy blocked already because it’s obv a right wing troll who wandered over from Parler or LieSocial because there are only three people on there.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2022 1:32 PM

Scroll down for update.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2022 1:34 PM

Just block r4. S/he is roadkill on our trip to a 51 seat Senate majority.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2022 1:35 PM

Yeah, I checked and R4's been acting like a useless dick for a while now. Blocked.

Go back to Parler, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2022 1:37 PM

I am still waiting for the Arizona governor's race to be called. It's a long wait.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2022 1:41 PM

I reckon it might be 3 more days for the Arizona race to be called.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2022 1:42 PM

this whole bankman-fried $16B loss thing got me thinkin tho, binance was founded by chinese, which of course is backed by the ccp

this $16B thing is probably china retaliation 4 nancy visit and american aggressive stance toward china

probably trying 2 trigger recession, destabilize american money, & thereby political regime

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2022 1:47 PM

You *almost* have to admire the tenacity of trolls like R4. All its fellow anti-trans, Dems too woke, I'm a lifelong Dem but, NYC is a hellhole, illegals are coming to kill us trolls mostly disappeared after the midterms destroyed all the culture war nonsense they've been cultivating for months. But here's R4, desperately hanging on.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2022 1:48 PM

R12 Definitively not - because Bitcoin has practically *no real-world use*. So it wouldn't trigger a recession, affect the U.S. dollar nor politics. This is pretty much wholly limited to those who think that crypto is a good investment.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2022 1:52 PM

Yeah, the crypto mess is more of a Ponzi-style scheme and only going to hurt the small few who invested heavy. I think Biden is onto something more tangible with the Kherson withdrawal announced right after the election.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2022 1:55 PM

The vote counters are taking a much-needed break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2022 1:57 PM

but ppl w/ real money parked in there as bitcoin , that is money loss 4 a lot of the customers, like wallstreeters, who used loans and clients money 2 buy those btc

this news is pure psych warfare 4 wall street traders on a volatile market on the brink of a correction

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2022 1:59 PM

^ Meh, it's limited range psych warfare. The Bernie Madoff mess was bigger and still had only a blip affect on the market, which was already tanking. A crypto scandal in an otherwise strong market just isn't going to do much.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2022 2:14 PM

R12/r17, what’s with the shorthand writing?

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2022 2:15 PM

A companion piece for r3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2022 2:36 PM

r18 Sam Bankman-Fried’s fall cuts off big source of funds for US Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2022 2:36 PM

For a wedding gift, Donald Trump gave his daughter Tiffany something blue.

The Senate.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2022 2:38 PM

I hope whatever outcome for the house that is a bigger mess for Kevin McCarthy.

Part of me feels that him being the majority leader would be terrible for him…but other part can’t stomach “Jim Jordan” as the ranking leader of a committee…

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2022 2:38 PM

R21, again, meh. He was always more bluster than bite.

[quote]Billionaire crypto executive and political mega-donor Sam Bankman-Fried has turned off the spigot of campaign contributions with less than a month to go before the 2022 midterms. In an interview with MM, he insisted that was always part of the plan — even if everyone else thought he’d go bigger. Bankman-Fried has dumped almost $40 million into super PACs and campaigns during the 2022 cycle. And while that’s enough to make him one the biggest donors in politics — with the bulk going to Democrats — it’s only a fraction of the $1 billion he previously said he’d be willing to spend on races between now and 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2022 2:40 PM

But wouldn’t it be scrumptious to see the new majority leader dragged of the floor in handcuffs?

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2022 2:44 PM

Haha..R22!

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2022 2:51 PM

[R12]/[R17] writes like Boomhauer talks.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2022 3:32 PM

R16 The vote counters are not elderly volunteers, they are paid contract workers. As they have been for fifty years at least in major cities, Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote] Claire McCaskill bashed progressives and lost to dumbfuck Hawley in a midterm year when Democrats were otherwise very successful. She's no strategist.

You left out a seemingly relevant fact. She was running in deep red Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2022 3:59 PM

She ran also against idiot Todd Akin who told the world that only women who orgasm during rape get pregnant. I guess that was a bridge too far for even Missouri voters.

by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2022 4:06 PM

Christian Walker is having a meltdown in his lady voice.

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2022 4:17 PM

What's he saying? He hasn't been heard from ages.

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]The bottom line is the republicans will have to face the hard truth. Trump is the biggest loser and he is dragging them down. They need to cut him lose. And when they do he will wreck havoc and destroy them all. I'm so happy it's happening to them.

They won't get the base under control. The Very Stable Genius thought the Q stuff was useful to keep his base hepped up on bullshit but it got away from him. I have relatives who are decent people but who nevertheless repeat crazy shit they see on Facebook. I never heard them speak this way before Q started posting. If Trump had said "folks, there's this Q stuff that started on 4chan and they're pulling your leg, don't believe it" they'd have listened to him.

If this is what it took to wreck the Republicans for the next 15 years, perhaps it was worth it.

We need someone like Matt Taibbi to write the Q story. Whether it started with a single troll or not it turned into the most fascinating psyop in decades.

by Anonymousreply 33November 13, 2022 4:26 PM

All that talk about Latinos moving over to the Republican party was nonsense. Even the supposedly more conservative Texas Latinos voted Democratic 64 to 34.

The only outliers were Florida Latinos, because of the Cubans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 13, 2022 4:26 PM

R29, and you left out the very important fact that she was the incumbent. Incumbent Senators have a huge advantage, even in states where they are in the minority party. Just ask Manchin.

by Anonymousreply 35November 13, 2022 4:29 PM

R34 1. It's not a stretch to say that Latinos in AZ and NV delivered the Senate for the Dems.

2. Those %s in the chart show Latinos support Dems... but by smaller margins than the past. The outreach to the large and diverse Latino community needs to be better.

by Anonymousreply 36November 13, 2022 4:30 PM

R33 Matt Taibbi is one of them now. He's more likely to run a Q is Real story than an expose.

by Anonymousreply 37November 13, 2022 4:31 PM

[QUOTE]We need someone like Matt Taibbi to write the Q story.

Didn't he start becoming unhinged at a certain point a la Greenwald?

To answer my own question:

[QUOTE]In 2019, Taibbi wrote a chapter for his self-published book, Hate Inc., entitled "Why Russiagate Is This Generation's WMD", comparing alleged links between Trump associates and Russian officials to 2002–2003 allegations that Iraq had access to weapons of mass destruction, which were used by George W. Bush's administration as the rationale for the Iraq War.[49]

[QUOTE]In October 2019, Taibbi argued that the whistleblower in the Trump–Ukraine scandal was not a "real whistleblower" because the whistleblower would have had their life affected by prosecution or being sent to prison.[50] Taibbi also quoted former CIA analyst Robert Baer who argued that the whistleblower was part of a "palace coup against Trump."[50]

by Anonymousreply 38November 13, 2022 4:34 PM

R37, okay, I'm out of the loop. Someone like the old Taibbi then. I wanted to focus on Trump's base and how Q affected the midterm.

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote] What's he saying? He hasn't been heard from ages.

I'd post the twitter video but, unless there's something I don't know, I cannot do it here on DL. He's basically screaming about Republicans having lost the Senate and it won't matter now if his dad wins or not.

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2022 4:37 PM

Republican turnout was also down across the board because Covid killed off large numbers of anti-vaxx Trumpers in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2022 4:38 PM

That's too bad about Taibbi.

by Anonymousreply 42November 13, 2022 4:38 PM

Another thing I wanted to point out is Republican billionaire Rick Caruso spent 100 million dollars of his fortune to try to buy his way into being Mayor of LA but he is losing to the excellent Karen Bass. Glad our sisters in LA did not let his bullshit fly.

by Anonymousreply 43November 13, 2022 4:39 PM

Couldn't New York State at the VERY least have gerrymandered this fat pig out of existence?? Do better next time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2022 4:41 PM

You can post Twitter videos.

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2022 4:42 PM

But CW hasn’t posted any Twitter media since 10/4. Maybe he’s ranting on TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 46November 13, 2022 4:44 PM

^His Dad's campaign probably issued a gag order on the little repub fag and threatened to cut off his allowance and college tuition.

by Anonymousreply 47November 13, 2022 4:46 PM

Elise Stefanik is such a sycophantic cunt it's ridiculous. I hope Liz Cheney had a plan to deal with this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 48November 13, 2022 4:47 PM

^has

by Anonymousreply 49November 13, 2022 4:48 PM

R34 Because Florida cracked down on fraud rings the month before the election.

by Anonymousreply 50November 13, 2022 4:50 PM

Christian Walker is on TikTok, he just posed something on how Gen Z was a force in elections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 13, 2022 4:55 PM

Increasingly, the Republican leadership is realizing it needs to move Beyond Trump.

Unfortunately for them, their most committed activists (and at least a third of the Republican caucus) is Beholden to The Orange One.

1. Running MAGAts for election in swing states means most won’t win with the general public.

2. Running saner candidates (that Trump labels RINOs) means those candidates will lose, because the crazies won’t work to get out the vote.

3. Convincing Hogan, DeSantis, and Youngkin, etc. to challenge Trump in the ‘24 primary splits the vote leaving Trump with the lion’s share - - - and putting leadership back to number 1.

I don’t see a way out

by Anonymousreply 52November 13, 2022 4:56 PM

"Fraud rings." Nice try. DeSantis ran a smooth gerrymandering machine and scared voters by arresting them on dubious charges.

[quote]A meeting invite obtained by ProPublica shows that on Jan. 5, top DeSantis aides had a “Florida Redistricting Kick-off Call” with out-of-state operatives. Those outsiders had also been working with states across the country to help the Republican Party create a favorable election map. In the days after the call, the key GOP law firm working for DeSantis logged dozens of hours on the effort, invoices show. The firm has since billed the state more than $450,000 for its work on redistricting. A week and a half after the call, DeSantis unveiled his new map. No Florida governor had ever pushed their own district lines before. His plan wiped away half of the state’s Black-dominated congressional districts, dramatically curtailing Black voting power in America’s largest swing state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 13, 2022 4:58 PM

How can Cheney do anything about her if she was primaried?

by Anonymousreply 54November 13, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote] Increasingly, the Republican leadership is realizing it needs to move Beyond Trump.

The "leadership" has always understood this. But they also understand that Trump has a 30%-40% hold on the party.

by Anonymousreply 55November 13, 2022 4:59 PM

Whatever else happens with House control, the up and down, and up again and down again, and all the who knows what the fuck, I do want to go with something that somebody mentioned long ago on another thread:

Get rid of the mother fucking debt ceiling. It is a stupid rule. It has always been a stupid rule. Get rid of that useless nonsense, and do it in the lame duck session. Kill that fucker.

by Anonymousreply 56November 13, 2022 4:59 PM

Troll harder, r50...you can do it!

by Anonymousreply 57November 13, 2022 5:01 PM

R57, block r50, he’s indeed the troll of the month on DL.

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2022 5:04 PM

"Fraud" seems to be the copium for that particular troll. That reeks of Dumbvida and her Q-conspiracies.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2022 5:06 PM

The story on Faux News this morning was the swing of key demographics to the repugs - including young voters! Not sure where they got this information as this was playing in the gym and there was no sound. Hilarious, nonetheless.

However, I will say the the Dems need to pause the celebrations and figure out how to build off this midterm. I'm not convinced that it was so much the Dem party or message that people responded to, but the fact that the opposition ran a bunch of nut jobs. Lesser of two evils.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2022 5:12 PM

The judiciary argument is a good one to make in the Warnock campaign, so long as they connect it to outcomes of a court that isn't favouring corporations over people.

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2022 5:13 PM

R51 It's hard to tell whether he's rooting for Dems or Republicans. I think R47 is right.

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2022 5:13 PM

Diamond and Silk are having meltdowns on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2022 5:24 PM

They're still relevant?

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2022 5:28 PM

CW has very recently been on TikTok

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote]The "leadership" has always understood this. But they also understand that Trump has a 30%-40% hold on the party.

Well McConnell and Graham and the others had a chance to get rid of Dump permanently during impeachment... but no. So let them suffer the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 66November 13, 2022 5:33 PM

[quote]The judiciary argument is a good one to make in the Warnock campaign, so long as they connect it to outcomes of a court that isn't favouring corporations over people.

Also Democrats having control of committees, rather than shared leadership.

by Anonymousreply 67November 13, 2022 5:34 PM

I feel optimistic about Warnock. How many people are really going to bother coming out again to vote for Walker? He can't ride Kemp's coattails in the run off.

And dear God, we can't let someone as crazy as Walker become a US Senator.

by Anonymousreply 68November 13, 2022 5:37 PM

[quote]They're still relevant?

Were they ever?

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote] Well McConnell and Graham and the others had a chance to get rid of Dump permanently during impeachment... but no. So let them suffer the consequences.

They legitimately fear the consequences of getting cross with MAGAts. Electorally and otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 70November 13, 2022 5:46 PM

I think some of you are thinking about how the Repugs will read this election from a Democratic mindset when it comes to the importance of the social issues. They'll have to acknowledge that abortion rights played a role. I don't think they can ignore that. But, they will look at Florida, Texas, and Ohio and think they need to go harder right. They will see that going nutso loon on gun rights like Abbott will excite the base. They'll see that going nutso loon on LGBT like DeSatan will excite their base. They'll see that being a nutso loon like Vance will excite their base. Remember, you have to use Repug logic, not actual logic.

by Anonymousreply 71November 13, 2022 5:47 PM

Well, if Lindsey has to fellate Trump publically, at least it will now be far into the weeds for us to care.

by Anonymousreply 72November 13, 2022 5:49 PM

Hence my #1

by Anonymousreply 73November 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Colorado 03 won't be decided until Thursday at earliest. Frisch sent out a tweet urging voters to make sure their mail in ballots are cured

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 13, 2022 5:52 PM

I love Nancy Pelosi SO MUCH...Responding to Dana Bash's question about her future she said, Well the Speaker has awesome powers. I may not always have power, but I will always have Influence." Then she gave her brightest little girl smile with those sparkling, dancing eyes.

by Anonymousreply 75November 13, 2022 5:55 PM

When does Arizona next announce results? I need them to stick a fork into Kari Lake’s chances.

by Anonymousreply 76November 13, 2022 5:57 PM

R63, to answer the question, they're melting down on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 77November 13, 2022 5:57 PM

R75, I hated that answer. Nancy, who I respect for her abilities in almost every other department, has this curious affectation when she gets in front of a camera and can come across as quite childish. That said, she appears to know her media training. She really ran the clock on Bash.

by Anonymousreply 78November 13, 2022 5:58 PM

I don't see how we can hold the House. It will be frustratingly close, but I don't see how we can pick up enough seats to get to 218. (preferably 219. ) I blame Biden in a way. Because he snatched some House members to add to his cabinet, and we have never heard from them again. Nancy finally had to stop him because he was depleting her majority. And the Karen BAss left to run for Mayor of L.A. So in some ways the Democrats hurt themselves, because the margin was too close going into this.

by Anonymousreply 79November 13, 2022 6:01 PM

Kevin Sorbo melting down over Gen Z voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 13, 2022 6:02 PM

If Boebert wins, do you think the stupid cunt will do ANY self-reflection as to why she didn't handily win or will she just act like she "destroyed" her opponent?

R80, did anyone point out to him that he's was already washed up before they were born?

by Anonymousreply 81November 13, 2022 6:03 PM

Sorry Kevin Sorbo, but 63% of voters ages 18 to 29 don’t even know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 82November 13, 2022 6:05 PM

[quote] Georgia Republicans have banned early voting on the Saturday before the upcoming Senate runoff between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker because it’s the day after a state holiday that was initially created to honor Confederate general Robert E. Lee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 13, 2022 6:09 PM

R79 Huh? Bass's district, CA-37, was won by Dem with 62% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 84November 13, 2022 6:17 PM

As Josh Marshall illustrates, one of the races that the forecasters got wrong was the Washington Senate race. Some people were predicting that Sen. Patty Murray (D) was in a tight race but this was because 538's average included many questionable polls from GOP-sponsored pollsters. Murray ended up winning by double digits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 13, 2022 6:19 PM

R79 is misguded. As r84 said Bass's seat was taken by a Dem and the congress people Biden poached are from safe blue districts that were replaced by Dems. There was not a single seat the Dems lost.

by Anonymousreply 86November 13, 2022 6:23 PM

Young people are smart. They don’t want Republican policies, which favor the wealthy plus their corporate donors.

by Anonymousreply 87November 13, 2022 6:26 PM

PollTroll.... lots to unearth (again) with poll methodology with this election. WA especially was wrong... a blue wave in WA was not even remotely on the radar. (Nor the complete Dem domination in MI... the polls in FL did indicate the DeSanctimonious victory march all over the state's elections - laws, redistricting, intimidation explicitly showed what was going to happen. How were the polls different?)

by Anonymousreply 88November 13, 2022 6:26 PM

[quote][R79] is misguded. As [R84] said Bass's seat was taken by a Dem and the congress people Biden poached are from safe blue districts that were replaced by Dems. There was not a single seat the Dems lost.

I mean, there's a reason Elizabeth Warren isn't Treasury Secretary...

by Anonymousreply 89November 13, 2022 6:26 PM

R79, any other tales to spin? Are Rumplestiltskin?

by Anonymousreply 90November 13, 2022 6:26 PM

If the Dems don't take the House, the blame lies squarely on New York State's Democratic Party, namely Cuomo whose cavalier attitude toward the census and redistricting allowed the Republicans to take Long Island's districts, So, once again, New York will have screwed the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 91November 13, 2022 6:28 PM

Wasn't it the New York court rather than Cuomo r91?

by Anonymousreply 92November 13, 2022 6:30 PM

Yeah, I'm baffled as how you can put the redistricting mess on Cuomo. And yep, the NY Dems mishandling of redistricting gave the House to Repubs. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 93November 13, 2022 6:37 PM

[quote]But, they will look at Florida, Texas, and Ohio and think they need to go harder right.

Perhaps, but going nutso doomed them in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and as Chris Christie said this morning, there is no scenario under which Republicans lose those three states and still win the presidency in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 94November 13, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]However, I will say the the Dems need to pause the celebrations and figure out how to build off this midterm. I'm not convinced that it was so much the Dem party or message that people responded to, but the fact that the opposition ran a bunch of nut jobs. Lesser of two evils.

I agree with you here. But here's my thoughts; I don't understand this.... A HUGE percentage of people did not vote in Texas. Why is that? Must we do a concerted push of why it is important to vote. I simply cannot grasp why people do not vote and/or won't vote in their best interests. It hasn't been really spoken about in these threads but let's call this what this. The Republican party is an entity that is very much populated by racism and misogynists. Where are the people pushing messages about protecting civil rights? Are there that many people who are one issue voters? The border is all they care about and nothing else. I just don't understand this.

In doing my family's genealogy I have learned that my ancestors founded and settled a black town (Promise Land) and I learned the stories of how many of them were beaten to death, had their property stolen, and 2 were lynched, all because they voted (or, attempted to vote). While I do feel the environment is currently ripe for such atrocities to happen today, bottom line, voting is not a life and death issue. If any minority cannot see what a good portion of today's Republican party is then what can be done to get the message through to them?

by Anonymousreply 95November 13, 2022 6:47 PM

It is Cuomo's fault r92/r93. Cuomo nominated four conservative leaning judges to New Your courts. It was those judges who stopped the Democrats attempt to gerrymander.

[Quote]Conservatives also control the highest state court in New York, which is another state that produced significant Republican gains in the House. For that, we have to thank former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. As governor, Cuomo appointed two “former” Republicans and two conservative “Democrats” to the state court of appeals (the highest court in New York). Those four tend to vote as a bloc.

[Quote]Republicans challenged the maps, and the New York court, by a vote of 4-3, decided to throw out the legislatively approved maps. But instead of telling the committee to do a better job and punting approval back to the legislature, the conservative judges took it upon themselves to appoint a “special master” to draw new maps and then forced the state to use them.

by Anonymousreply 96November 13, 2022 6:47 PM

*CALIFORNIA UPDATE*:

California has an estimated 3.6 million more votes to count -- with 739,000 in LA County alone:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 13, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote]Diamond and Silk are having meltdowns on Twitter.

Who? Are you talking about those minstrel show negresses?

by Anonymousreply 98November 13, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote]You *almost* have to admire the tenacity of trolls like [R4].

No, you don't. They have and started their own sites in their quest to "own the libs" and learned that they don't even like each other. "The libs" couldn't care less about them and therefore it reveals these trolls real need. They have a need to feel loved and be loved. While I'm all for contrarian opinion and discussion I have no time or desire to be a nurse maid.

by Anonymousreply 99November 13, 2022 7:00 PM

Those four Republican flippers from the New York City suburbs aren’t going to want to have to run on Non-stop Hunter Biden hearings in 18 months. I know the whole Liz Cheney as House Speaker idea is a crazy dream, but if the Republicans do take the House I think it would be fabulous in Nancy and Chuck could offer them a SALT cap repeal or increase in exchange for making it happen.

by Anonymousreply 100November 13, 2022 7:10 PM

There was a Dem who lost his primary in New York who put the blame on Cuomo for not doing anything about disputed census results. And then, the legislature putting together a ridiculous redistricting map which was thrown out and not fighting. He called the Dems complacent in that they just assumed that they would automatically win and didn't do enough work in the purple areas. Hubris, for which we all must suffer.

by Anonymousreply 101November 13, 2022 7:11 PM

Of course, it's OK when the repugs gerrymander, but when Dems try...

by Anonymousreply 102November 13, 2022 7:15 PM

It's also true that while gerrymandered maps would have helped A LOT, Dems just had a bad election in New York. Hochul should be winning by more than 5 points.

by Anonymousreply 103November 13, 2022 7:22 PM

R97, are you here (though not posting as PollTroll) the rest of the year or are you like the Christmas Mouse, except for elections? Because I am going away soon so I will miss you and good bye. I really do wish you well in your actual real life.

by Anonymousreply 104November 13, 2022 7:22 PM

The Christmas Mouse was Pierre elsewhere on DL.

by Anonymousreply 105November 13, 2022 7:26 PM

Gen Z doesn't even know who Kevin Sorbo is.

by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2022 7:32 PM

R103 right, I'd think the weakness of Hochul was a real drag on the outcomes.

For the record, I think neutral re-districting, done by nonpartisan commissions etc., should be the rule for all states. I think our extreme civil war politics is due, in part, to the support for extremists made possible by heavily gerrymandered districts.

For those of you who want the Dems "to be as ruthless as the Repubs!!", we have a neutral process in CA and it's worked well.

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2022 7:33 PM

Tweeted 2 hours ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2022 7:47 PM

I hope, though she's just a random person who paid 8 dollars and nobody official

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2022 7:55 PM

R108, that matches what Christopher Bouzay has been saying for days.

by Anonymousreply 110November 13, 2022 7:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2022 7:58 PM

Hi, R104. Yes, I stay on DL in between elections, although I usually post anonymously on the non-election threads. I also post on topics involving celebrities, etc. Thanks for the good wishes. Take care. : )

by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2022 8:01 PM

Don't trust every rando you see on Twitter just because they tell you what you want to hear. Listen to proven experts at this type of thing like Dave Wasserman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote] Listen to proven experts at this type of thing

Like Nate Silver?

by Anonymousreply 114November 13, 2022 8:07 PM

I'm not dismissing Wasserman--and I do think a House majority is extremely unlikely--but he's been missing on a bunch of stuff this year. More so than any one particular person, I'd say just wait for the results.

by Anonymousreply 115November 13, 2022 8:07 PM

If Fux News spewing propaganda that the elections were rigged? I just had to listen to two people going on and on about how it was obvious NV and AZ were rigged because of how long it was taking to count. "The only reason it would take that long was because they were trying to see how many they needed to fake."

But of course this logic never applies when it's their candidate that comes out on top.

Question, has it always been like this? Have people always shouted that the results were rigged or is this a new thing? I'm not old enough to remember back to elections prior to 2016.

by Anonymousreply 116November 13, 2022 8:12 PM

IS Fux news..

by Anonymousreply 117November 13, 2022 8:12 PM

Are you referring to forecasting races prior to election r115? I mean that's a lot based on polling can always be unrealible.

In terms of actually understanding and analyzing the results as they come in I don't think I've ever seen him be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 118November 13, 2022 8:13 PM

R113 makes a valid point. Christopher Bouzy has done a good job overall of forecasting races, but he & Erica Mash may be giving overly optimistic predictions of Dems keeping the House. Wasserman is being more realistic.

by Anonymousreply 119November 13, 2022 8:23 PM

It’s only a small percentage of Americans who think counting votes is somehow nefarious. I am sure they don’t know how to balance their checkbook.

by Anonymousreply 120November 13, 2022 8:38 PM

NYT: Jon Ralston, Founder & Editor, Nevada Independent, on Cortez Masto:

"She won everywhere she had to. And her media going after Laxalt was some of the best that I’ve seen in terms of just really defining him in a way that he did not want to be defined."

by Anonymousreply 121November 13, 2022 8:59 PM

AZ update from Pima County increases Hobbs's lead from 34,000 to 36,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 13, 2022 9:18 PM

Glad Masto pulled through. That Nevada seat was said to be the most vulnerable in this election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 123November 13, 2022 9:22 PM

Hobbs will win. Only thing left is Kari Lake's crying about it.

She needed 55-57% and is still not getting it. Probably needs more now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 13, 2022 9:24 PM

By my reckoning there's about 250,000 votes still to count in AZ. To win, Lake would need to be getting on for +55% of the remaining vote? That doesn't look 'doable' does it? Based on the last few dumps where Hobbs has been slightly increasing her lead each time?

by Anonymousreply 125November 13, 2022 9:26 PM

Yes it's impressive that CCM won re-election when the Dem governor lost his re-election bid on the same ballot r123. Her team clearly ran a good campaign to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 126November 13, 2022 9:27 PM

My husband and I proudly voted for her, here in deep red Esmeralda County, which voted 343 for Laxalt, 65 for Cortez Masto. But our 2 votes for her did help her in a tiny way.

by Anonymousreply 127November 13, 2022 9:27 PM

R125, Hobbs lost a little bit of her lead earlier this afternoon, but then she gained it back. Lake could narrow the lead when more of the GOP areas in AZ come in, but the outcome still looks good for Hobbs.

by Anonymousreply 128November 13, 2022 9:34 PM

For those who don't know Cuomo's role in the redistricting mess:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 13, 2022 9:35 PM

Doubts about elections: in the "old" days, the cynicism about elections was a mostly left wing thing. The leftist position was that the capitalist oligarchs controlled the electoral process and machines, ballots, outcomes would all be manipulated. Many on the left chose not to vote at all for just these reasons.

Now it's the cray cray Right.

by Anonymousreply 130November 13, 2022 9:37 PM

You forget, our very own DCGay is psychic and predicted Democrats would retain the House. He’s been correct so far so I don’t see him putting his reputation on the line if he wasn’t certain.

Watching trolls and right wingers flaming out is a joy to behold.

by Anonymousreply 131November 13, 2022 9:38 PM

What she gained in R124 which was not much, she lost again and then some an hour later ... so yeah, it's over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 13, 2022 9:39 PM

Has the crazy lady started coming apart yet? Or coming apart MORE?

by Anonymousreply 133November 13, 2022 9:40 PM

I'll settle for nothing less but a full Q Q meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 134November 13, 2022 9:42 PM

90,000 more coming at 6PM MST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 13, 2022 9:44 PM

Let's just explain to the dumbass deplorables who simply refuse to live in reality and understand about how toxic Trumpism is to most of this country: Kemp completely pummeled Abrams, yet Herschel didn't pummel Warnock. Why do you think that is? Because tons of people who voted, SPLIT their vote. You dumbasses with cyber ninja and Hugo Chavez and Krakens bullshit and your Handmaid's Tale policies, turned off TONS of moderates/young people. And let this be a lesson to the dumbasses on DL who obsessed over trans and CRT: Mature adults know how to prioritize what is important. Their granddaughter being raped/impregnated, was more important to them than "CRT."

You notice the deplorables aren't wondering why Mark Kelly who beat Masters, didn't automatically mean Hobbs would beat Lake? People notice their glaring hypocrisy when it comes to what constitutes "fraud" in their mind. They're screaming about Hobbs being in charge of elections and people pointed out Kemp was, too. They said nothing and now want to scream about something that has gone on for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 136November 13, 2022 9:46 PM

[quote] Sorry Kevin Sorbo, but 63% of voters ages 18 to 29 don’t even know who you are.

Can you blame them? His career had the lifespan of a fruit fly.

by Anonymousreply 137November 13, 2022 9:47 PM

Please don't bother me, gays, I'm busy meeting with my transition team.

by Anonymousreply 138November 13, 2022 9:51 PM

CCM also didn't debate Laxalt and yet she won in what was thought to be a very bad atmosphere for Dems. The late great Harry Reid's Reid Machine in the form of Culinary Union, LV is a god send for democrats. They single handedly won many elections for dems.

by Anonymousreply 139November 13, 2022 9:52 PM

Actually Wasserman has been very off this cycle, and very snippy about it.

by Anonymousreply 140November 13, 2022 9:54 PM

Maricopa is the big one to watch. Because of the outstanding blue county votes like Pima, I think Lake needs to be getting close to 60% from the remaining Maricopa votes. Big ask although she will almost certainly be winning the remaining vote.

by Anonymousreply 141November 13, 2022 9:55 PM

Yes, Cuomo and bad decisions by other Democrats cost seats in NY and probably will have cost Dems the House. But another thing that cost us the House is Shelby County vs. Holder, which neutered the government's power to rein in racist gerrymandering in southern states.

Best case scenario: the Republicans take the House with a scant one-seat margin. Popcorn in hand, we watch the infighting and recriminations and general unseaming of the Republican party over the Speakership. Just as things reach a fever pitch, some blue-state Republican congressman resigns over a leaked tape where he's trying to bribe his undocumented Guatemalan adulterous mistress with cocaine to abort their twins. He's replaced by a Democrat. House flips back, Nancy takes the gavel, the People's Business proceeds.

by Anonymousreply 142November 13, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote]I don't understand this.... A HUGE percentage of people did not vote in Texas. Why is that?

Wasn't there a bunch of reporting about people checking online if their mailed in vote had been counted and getting the response that 'no voter exists'? That lead to other people checking theirs and also getting that same response. Maybe a lot of mail-in voters, which are by far Democratic voters, were simply erased.

by Anonymousreply 143November 13, 2022 9:58 PM

Mary Peltola is crushing Sarah Palin in Alaska. I think she'll end up winning by about 7%. It feels strange that nobody seems to be talking about Palin - I guess she really is kind of over.

by Anonymousreply 144November 13, 2022 9:59 PM

^ I'm cautious now. They also told us Boebert needed xx percent and it was unlikely she would win and then she did anyway.

by Anonymousreply 145November 13, 2022 9:59 PM

R140 he has been. He just called OR-05 for Republicans and tweeted like it was a major shock that it happened, when the day before he had already said it was likely to go to Republicans. I think he's snipppy lately about the Dems keep the house idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2022 10:00 PM

If Lake opens her big fucking mouth after she loses, no one should give her oxygen. The media needs to fucking STOP. Unless she actually files a lawsuit, no one needs to hear a fucking lie out of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2022 10:00 PM

Bouzy responds to Wasserman:

It's ok, Dave. I am not gunning for your job or trying to embarrass you. This is a hobby for me, not a competition. And for the record, I used early vote data combined with other data to accurately forecast every Senate race except for Ohio. But thank you for the shout-out.❤️👊🏾

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2022 10:02 PM

That's what bothers me about the media - they give these nutjobs air and coverage. I suppose because it makes for clicks and viewers. If they stopped doing it so much the air would be sucked out of their campaigns. Trump in particular depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 149November 13, 2022 10:05 PM

Bouzy also shows his work from '21 when he correctly called elections:

"A journalist asked me, "how do we know your forecasts/predictions/projections are based on data analysis and not luck." It's a fair question, so here are a few receipts in no particular order."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2022 10:06 PM

Glad the pukes got egg on their faces Not to have a bad attitude but, it's almost even, the parties are trying to figure out the next set of excuses for keeping the Rabble down and the Corporations and moneyed, up.

by Anonymousreply 151November 13, 2022 10:07 PM

R143, yes, I posted about that in the other thread. I know there are a lot of talks about low Dem voter turnout in Texas but I'm curious as to just how many Dem voters, if they checked their ballots, would find out that they weren't counted?

I'm surprised no one is talking about this more.

by Anonymousreply 152November 13, 2022 10:17 PM

One of the best dividends for Catherine Cortez-Mast is that she now joins the ranks of AOC as CCM. She's a keeper. Her acceptance speech was epic Democrat. I'll never forget meeting her when she showed up on her own to a Clark County Central Committee meeting. She was kinda timid, and I thought THIS is who Harry picked for us to champion? She sure showed me. Next up Jacky Rosen 2024. Jacky is a STEM computer programmer. We have the BEST in Nevada.

by Anonymousreply 153November 13, 2022 10:19 PM

Cortez Masto is married to an ex Secret Service special agent. She's married to someone who was a spy!

by Anonymousreply 154November 13, 2022 10:33 PM

"It feels strange that nobody seems to be talking about Palin - I guess she really is kind of over."

If only the same could be said for her soul sisters in cuntery, Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene, both of whom are most assuredly on Putin's payroll.

by Anonymousreply 155November 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Palin did post a ranting and raving post on instagram. One delicious fact from it: Lisa Murkowski endorsed Mary Peltola (Palin's Dem opponent).

Also she needs to learn how to use paragraphs. V. hard to read that block of text.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 13, 2022 10:43 PM

Any news on poor old what's-her-name Murkowski? Last I heard she was in danger of going down to a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 157November 13, 2022 10:44 PM

Oh, Lisa; thanks, R156, I hadn't seen your post.

by Anonymousreply 158November 13, 2022 10:44 PM

I doubt it r157. Alaska (someone correct me if I’m wrong) counts your top two choices. It’s some ranked choice system.

by Anonymousreply 159November 13, 2022 10:45 PM

Murkowski should be OK because plenty of Dems will put her as their second choice in the ranked voting.

by Anonymousreply 160November 13, 2022 10:47 PM

Palin is done and she’s never coming back, just like Kari Lake’s abortion or a candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 161November 13, 2022 10:48 PM

I believe Alaska isn't going to present the results of ranked choice voting and delcare a winner til November 23rd. But yes the thought is Murkowski should win based on Democratic voters ranking her second.

by Anonymousreply 162November 13, 2022 10:51 PM

[quote]Any news on poor old what's-her-name Murkowski? Last I heard she was in danger of going down to a MAGAt.

She should be fine once they run the second choice tabulations. And if she does survive, I've had an idea kicking around in my head that she'll likely leave the Republican caucus and become an independent. Given how elections in Alaska have gone this year, it's clear the GOP needs her more than she needs them, and even if she would only caucus with Democrats on procedural matters, she'd be in a much more powerful position as a 52nd D vote than a 49th R vote. The new Democratic committee arrangements has a HUGE opening, since Pat Leahy will be leaving the Appropriations committee. I wouldn't be surprised if they give that to Manchin if he promises to behave himself, which would leave an opening in Energy, which would be a great fit for a Senator from Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 163November 13, 2022 10:52 PM

Murkowski isn't going to caucus with the Dems unfortunately. The trumpists aside, she is on good terms with the Republican caucus

Mitch McConnell took a lot of heat for backing Murkowski rather than her Republican opponent that Trump endorsed, and the party sent her millions to help in her relection. They aren't cutting ties.

by Anonymousreply 164November 13, 2022 11:06 PM

[quote]The trumpists aside, she is on good terms with the Republican caucus

Shortly, the Trumpists are going to be the Republican caucus. Knives are already out for McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 165November 13, 2022 11:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Wasserman getting defensive again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 13, 2022 11:25 PM

Ya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 13, 2022 11:26 PM

If we end up with a Trumpist Speaker and a Trumpist Senate Minority Leader, we'll know that Republicans have learned nothing from Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 169November 13, 2022 11:27 PM

At R167 Wasserman seems to be saying "We didn't predict the results accurately, but we correctly predicted that potentially anything could happen!"

by Anonymousreply 170November 13, 2022 11:32 PM

If Gym becomes Speaker will he have special access to the Congressional gym locker rooms?

by Anonymousreply 171November 13, 2022 11:34 PM

McConnell has known for a long time that the Trumpist candidates were going to be huge failures. I wonder why he didn't do more to prevent it? Maybe he just doesn't have as much power as everybody thinks.

by Anonymousreply 172November 13, 2022 11:34 PM

[quote]If we end up with a Trumpist Speaker and a Trumpist Senate Minority Leader, we'll know that Republicans have learned nothing from Tuesday.

Forget about them learning anything. Let's step this up a notch...

DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 173November 13, 2022 11:35 PM

I'm surprised Wasserman would have such thin skin. You would think that would be the first line of the job description, "must have thick skin" for a job in political forecasting.

by Anonymousreply 174November 13, 2022 11:37 PM

Yeah, it's the sort of thing you'd expect from Nate Silver, who basically has been fucking it up since 2016.

[quote]DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

BRING BACK THE WHIGS!

by Anonymousreply 175November 13, 2022 11:38 PM

Notable that Doug Mastriano, one of the cycle's biggest election deniers, has conceded and wished Josh Shapiro well. These people know that their election denying is a lie and when it proves to not work, they are accepting it. Tudor Dixon also conceded and others. Let's see what Krazy Kari does if she loses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 14, 2022 12:07 AM

Yeah I was shocked to see Mastriano deliver a polite and sane concession r176. Honestly that is one of the biggest and most important stories of the cycle to me. These "stop the steal" candidates are respecting voting and democracy. It makes me think our country isn't as far gone as I thought.

by Anonymousreply 177November 14, 2022 12:13 AM

They just need to be shown that their lying and gaslighting is not an electoral winner. Cuz that's what they're really only interested in. Winning an election, not about doing the right thing for the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 178November 14, 2022 12:15 AM

Today's 97K Maricopa ballots: Lake 54.6%, Hobbs 45.4%

BAD for Kari Lake. She needed to be getting about 60% of the remaining Maricopa vote (if the other counties follow expected margins).

Now it's an even more uphill battle- she's going to need the final Maricopa batches to be even redder than 60-40.

Hobbs team will be happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 179November 14, 2022 12:22 AM

Knowing Mastriano and his extremely severe, massive god complex, R176/R177, it's highly doubtful Mastriano had anything to do with that concession. More like his PR team wrote it because they didn't want him to look like an ass.

If that election had been closer, Mastriano would be pulling the same shit Trump did in 2020. He can't do it now only because his defeat was so overwhelming. If he had been within striking distance, Mastriano would have pulled a Trump, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 180November 14, 2022 12:27 AM

The Repukes will always control their base because they are patently stupid.

by Anonymousreply 181November 14, 2022 12:28 AM

Hopefully Arizona finishes tomorrow. They are at 93% counted. Kari Lake is a dead man walking.

by Anonymousreply 182November 14, 2022 12:32 AM

AZ say that they will be finished by the end of the week but we should have a solid idea after tomorrow at least.

by Anonymousreply 183November 14, 2022 12:34 AM

Katie Hobbs up by 26,000. Isn’t it impossible for Scary Lake to catch up?

by Anonymousreply 184November 14, 2022 12:35 AM

No, not impossible but there will be one more big batch and we should pretty much know then.

by Anonymousreply 185November 14, 2022 12:36 AM

Lake needed to win this batch by a bigger margin to have a feasible path to come back and win. I feel pretty confident that Hobbs has this, thank goodness. I'm sick of Lake.

by Anonymousreply 186November 14, 2022 12:38 AM

Once on national stage, I suspect Desantis will crumble. By all accounts, he’s a humorless, self-important asshole. Hated by many in his party.

I hate Trump more than I’ve ever hated anyone, but hope he doesn’t back out of the race. If anyone can destroy Desantis’ sheen, it’s Trump.

by Anonymousreply 187November 14, 2022 12:56 AM

Agree r187. Right now they are all gooing all over him as the great nonTrump Hope, but once he starts seriously campaigning, there is going to be a lot of resistance. He seems the perfect example of the inevitable nominee until that first Republican primary. Or maybe just that first Republican debate.

by Anonymousreply 188November 14, 2022 1:01 AM

Kari Lake to me is the worst of the MAGA. Election denial and insanity cost her the election a normal Repub could have won.

by Anonymousreply 189November 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Watch Orange announce he wants to be Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 190November 14, 2022 1:12 AM

^How would this work? I doubt he would have majority votes

by Anonymousreply 191November 14, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]Kari Lake to me is the worst of the MAGA. Election denial and insanity cost her the election a normal Repub could have won.

There's a difference between election deniers and "normal" Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 192November 14, 2022 1:16 AM

R190 They were talking about this a couple months ago - but then it went away. I think there's more chance now.... DeSantis in the lead? Trump losing media attention? What a way to get into every single new cycle (and demolish what few vestiges of normal political processes we have left).

by Anonymousreply 193November 14, 2022 1:17 AM

Can we dissect the House races? NBC is now predicting 216 D / 219 R (which shrank from 220 R earlier). It takes 218 for majority.

I believe they say Dems have to hold on to all House races they're leading now AND turn around 4 more to win 218.

Possibilities are:

[bold]

CA-13 Duarte (R) leading Gray (D) 50.1-49.9 with 46% in.....district is D+4

CA-22 Valadao (R) leading Salas (D) 52.5-47.5 with 39% in.....district is D+5

AZ-6 Ciscomani (R) leading Engel (D) 50.3-49.7 with 93%.....district is R+3

[/bold]

Looks like OR-5 McLeod-Skinner (D), CO-3 Frisch (D) are gone.

Anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 194November 14, 2022 1:18 AM

There's a lot of politicians who seemed like they could have been the next big thing because they do well in their own states and the media hypes them up but in the end they don't really take off elsewhere. Chris Christie comes to mind. DeSantis bathshit insanity isn't going to fly everywhere and he's not as charismatic as Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 195November 14, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote]R190 They were talking about this a couple months ago - but then it went away. I think there's more chance now.

Thank goodness for that red tsunami, because House Democrats would never have gone along with it!

by Anonymousreply 196November 14, 2022 1:21 AM

Is there a crazy lady entering a psych ward in Arizona yet?

by Anonymousreply 197November 14, 2022 1:22 AM

What's the reason for these latest dumps (today & yesterday) from Maricopa favoring Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 198November 14, 2022 1:35 AM

Because Maricopa is really Republican.

Pima County, where Tucson is (and Gabby Giffords is from) used to be the only reliable Democratic county.

by Anonymousreply 199November 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Maricopa has been trending Blue or is now slightly Blue.

by Anonymousreply 200November 14, 2022 1:39 AM

Will there be another batch coming out tonight?

by Anonymousreply 201November 14, 2022 1:42 AM

There is no telling what Biden can and will do with this congress. Incumbents are always harder to beat and Biden will continue with fixing shit and boosting the economy, with putting Dem judges in the courts, with weakening Russia and China, strengthening western, pro democracy alliances.

If he's up for another term I absolutely want him to run again. His team can figure out a strategy that presents him in the best light. DeSantis got nothing on Uncle Joe.

by Anonymousreply 202November 14, 2022 1:43 AM

[quote] Possibilities are:

CA-13 Duarte (R) leading Gray (D) 50.1-49.9 with 46% in.....district is D+4

CA-22 Valadao (R) leading Salas (D) 52.5-47.5 with 39% in.....district is D+5

AZ-6 Ciscomani (R) leading Engel (D) 50.3-49.7 with 93%.....district is R+3

R194, the villified Dave Wasserman deems the California districts (13 &22) as toss-ups, with the Arizona district as "probable" GOP.

by Anonymousreply 203November 14, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote] What's the reason for these latest dumps (today & yesterday) from Maricopa favoring Republicans?

Answering my own question:

[quote] 98,618 ballots were dumped in Maricopa County this evening. A large portion came from ruby red southeast valley east of loop 202 as well as vote center in the Anthem area.

by Anonymousreply 204November 14, 2022 1:50 AM

It will be so delightful to see Kari Lake lose. She can kick and scream and say the election was a fraud, but with so many other election deniers also losing their races and conceding to their opponents, no one will listen to her. She's not an idiot, and she probably doesn't even believe half the MAGA bullshit she's been spewing for the last few years, but she went all in on Trumpism because she thought it was her ticket to political stardom. It turned out to be the wrong choice. If she had fashioned herself as a moderate, she probably would have won. Now, she's stuck with the MAGA label, and she's burned all her bridges. She had a successful career as a TV news anchor. But no TV station or network will hire her now -- not after the way she bashed the media and not at her age. It's over for her. She has no future. And I couldn't be happier.

by Anonymousreply 205November 14, 2022 1:52 AM

I'm pretty sure it will be a narrow Republican House, but because of the way things turned out on Tuesday, I won't be shocked if the Ds get to 218.

There was nothing typical about this election. The media went with a certain narrative, fueled by republican talking points and press releases and clearly ignored what's really happening out there. Or better still, they didn't even know it was happening because real reporting is dead. Their reporting and think pieces and options trickled down to the rest of us who were ready for a blood bath. This is why I'm done with cable news.

by Anonymousreply 206November 14, 2022 1:52 AM

R191 Demolish his Kevin.. Freedom Caucus forces most Repubs to vote for Trump, a few Repubs make nervously make a deal with Dems, Liz Cheney elected Speaker.

It'd be fun to see the election between Liz and Don.

by Anonymousreply 207November 14, 2022 1:57 AM

Why would the Democrats want to elect a Repug who can actually get things done, R207? The best thing that could happen for Dems if the Repugs take the House if for someone like good ol' Gym to be Speaker and then get out the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 208November 14, 2022 2:00 AM

R205 There's always FOX News, Newsmax and OAN. She'll have some options in right wing media.

by Anonymousreply 209November 14, 2022 2:25 AM

She'll be the weather girl on OAN or Newsmax. FOX News won't touch that QAnon MAGA with a shitty pole.

by Anonymousreply 210November 14, 2022 2:27 AM

Kari Lake needs to win more than 58% of the remaining ballots to mount a comeback, something she hasn't done to this point, via @JimSmall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 14, 2022 2:29 AM

Lacrimosa MAGA is my favorite drink. But only if it comes from genuine MAGAs. Otherwise, it's just sparkling Schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 212November 14, 2022 2:44 AM

DeSantis should just wait for Trump to implode over upcoming indictments.

by Anonymousreply 213November 14, 2022 3:20 AM

[quote] Lake needed to win this batch by a bigger margin to have a feasible path to come back and win. I feel pretty confident that Hobbs has this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 14, 2022 3:25 AM

wow, that's a good photoshop. Funny.

by Anonymousreply 215November 14, 2022 3:26 AM

this got me thinkin, mayb they will finally throw the book @ trump 2 kill the cancer b4 2024

by Anonymousreply 216November 14, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote]Palin did post a ranting and raving post on instagram.

From that post:

"You were never a 10, Sarah. Never. Anyway speaking of men being inside you, how's your family? Daughter still getting pounded bareback by any and all comers? I guess she misunderstood "drill baby drill." Son still choking out his old lady? Sorry... ladies? You know, because he choked out multiple women? How IS that family, Sarah? Since you brought them up and all."

by Anonymousreply 217November 14, 2022 3:32 AM

How does a female MAGAt get away with Kari's barbershop hair and harridan demeanor? Was "her" butch appearance, clumsily troweled over with caked make up, ever been addressed by the GOP or Trump? How do they even know she's FBF?

by Anonymousreply 218November 14, 2022 3:35 AM

Sometimes it hits me: Donald fucking Trump was actually president for awhile there. Fuck me. Mind blowing.

by Anonymousreply 219November 14, 2022 3:36 AM

Seems like a B movie, a horror b movie.

by Anonymousreply 220November 14, 2022 3:38 AM

[quote]DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

They seem to be doing a good job of it themselves.

by Anonymousreply 221November 14, 2022 3:57 AM

FIVE DAYS and not a single vote has been counted (in DAYS) in the Boebert race?...WTF?.......CNN has not updated their tabulations on the race at all..Somthing is up with this...She lost. And yet no votes are being counted? I repeat = FIVE DAYS since the polls closed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 14, 2022 4:24 AM

In 2020 we removed Trump as president.

In 2022 we removed him as head of the Republican Party.

He is now indictable.

by Anonymousreply 223November 14, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]Because Maricopa is really Republican.

Maricopa voted for Sinema and Biden and now twice for Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 224November 14, 2022 4:28 AM

Whoever wins Maricopa usually wins the election. They're like the swing county of Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 225November 14, 2022 4:29 AM

Maricopa county constitutes 70% of Arizona's population. So whoever wins Maricopa usually wins Arizona statewide elections. It's not truly red or blue., I'd say it's purple. It elected democrats in the last few years but majority of the population there would consider themselves as moderate but more right leaning than left.

by Anonymousreply 226November 14, 2022 4:41 AM

cbs news reporting Boebert's lead strengthening - Nov 13, 12:41pm, CBS Colorado

Are they behind with this report?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 14, 2022 4:43 AM

The real link.

I don't know why this keeps happening to me! I just copied and attempted to paste and it gave me an ancient link.

Anyway sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 14, 2022 4:44 AM

Kari Lake can’t catch up. She’s never going to pick up 60% or more of all remaining ballots. This reminds me of 2020 when Trump could never catch up and people were nervously waiting final results. In 2022, crazy candidates Iost.

by Anonymousreply 229November 14, 2022 4:59 AM

A dedication for miss Kari Lake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 14, 2022 5:45 AM

I’ve said this before on DL, and I’ll say it again: Joe Biden will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents. In the ranks of Lincoln and FDR, but I think he’s more like George Washington. He sacrificed everything—including his son—to save this country from that mad man and save our democracy. He was given an incredible mess and he got us through it.

That said, I hope he steps down. He deserves some peace.

by Anonymousreply 231November 14, 2022 6:10 AM

Maybe Kari will get out her cane and leave for Spain.

by Anonymousreply 232November 14, 2022 6:10 AM

[quote]I’ve said this before on DL, and I’ll say it again: Joe Biden will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents. In the ranks of Lincoln and FDR, but I think he’s more like George Washington. He sacrificed everything—including his son—to save this country from that mad man and save our democracy.

Well, you're not quite at the point requiring an involuntary 72 hour hold, but you should still be under observation.

by Anonymousreply 233November 14, 2022 6:14 AM

[quote] I’ve said this before on DL, and I’ll say it again: Joe Biden will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents. In the ranks of Lincoln and FDR, but I think he’s more like George Washington. He sacrificed everything—including his son—to save this country from that mad man and save our democracy. He was given an incredible mess and he got us through it.

Agree R231. Wasn’t so enthusiastic about Joe, but he’s been far better than Obama and most other Dems of my time. Believe history will be very kind to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 234November 14, 2022 6:15 AM

Seeing Obama and Biden on the campaign trail during the midterms filled me with a sense of nostalgia. It was a calming reminder of our country at its best.

I suspect that image caused more than a few independents to reject the threatened disruption of more Trump-backed candidates.

by Anonymousreply 235November 14, 2022 6:35 AM

R222 She's leading with 99 % of the votes counted. She will probably win. However, you're right that the votes haven't been updated in 4 days, which is weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 14, 2022 6:58 AM

I think the reason the Boebert race isn't called or updated in the last couple of days is because they are waiting for military votes, votes from overseas voters and ballots that are still being cured. All those votes combined will be very few in number and wouldn't matter in any other race but for a race as close as this, they matter.

by Anonymousreply 237November 14, 2022 7:03 AM

How many votes in that district need to be cured? I've been seeing a lot of people posting and telling people in that area to check their votes and fix their ballots if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 238November 14, 2022 7:06 AM

[QUOTE] I want to take a minute to address the time it’s taking to call this race. The timing for ballot counting is exactly what we expect here in CO. All county clerks adhere to the statutory deadline for military and overseas ballots arrival & ballot curing—end of day Wed.1/

[QUOTE]Then on Thursday and Friday the counties will bring in their bipartisan poll watching teams, required under Colorado law, to oversee all ballot counts. That's why we're not expecting to see any new results until Thursday or Friday, when all ballots should be counted. 2/

[QUOTE]This timeline is all totally normal. I want to thank the County Clerks and the poll watching teams for all of the hard work and long hours they have put in.We’ll keep everyone posted on tallies when we know more. 3/

Tweeted by Frisch, Boebert's opponent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 14, 2022 7:20 AM

[quote] Once on national stage, I suspect Desantis will crumble. By all accounts, he’s a humorless, self-important asshole. Hated by many in his party.

Do not underestimate the Right-Wing propaganda machinery. Rupert Murdoch will go in hard for DeSantis. This will be the 2016 election all over again where the Dem candidate is being slandered in the press and the Republican candidate can do no wrong and is fighting for the nice, common people in the US (draining the swamp as it was called in 2016). I'm sure the articles about DeSantis getting shit done are already written, highlighting all his right wing accomplishments in Florida (and if you don't approve of DeSantis' accomplishments ... why do you hate America so much? That will be the rest of 2022 - 2024 in a nutshell).

by Anonymousreply 240November 14, 2022 7:20 AM

Dave Wasserman tweeted about five hours ago that the Democrats dream of holding the House “probably died” with the results of the outstanding California & Arizona races.

by Anonymousreply 241November 14, 2022 7:21 AM

Call me crazy, but I think Liberals may have a fair chance of securing the House by investigating voter fraud done by local Republicans. As it comes down to a handful of votes. And I'm sure voter fraud has been committed on a local level in several districts by Right Wing / Trump loyalists. It just needs some brave locals getting their J.B. Fletcher magnifying glass on the case.

by Anonymousreply 242November 14, 2022 7:30 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the right wing mainstream media will be icing out Trump and no longer cover him, but report all too favorably about DeSantis from now on, trusting in their power to make Deplorables forget about Trump and see DeSantis as their new leader.

by Anonymousreply 243November 14, 2022 7:36 AM

R206. I couldn’t agree more!! Nicely worded too.

by Anonymousreply 244November 14, 2022 7:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 14, 2022 9:02 AM

I really hope we get some more decided races today

by Anonymousreply 246November 14, 2022 10:15 AM

I agree wholeheartedly r231. Bow out while you're on top, when history will deem you as one of the most consequential and effective presidents, especially when contrasted w/the crimes & shenanigans of predecessor

by Anonymousreply 247November 14, 2022 10:28 AM

Aren’t the CA votes to be counted more Blue since republican voters tend to in person?

by Anonymousreply 248November 14, 2022 10:44 AM

Anglo-Dutch 'Gay Couple Goals pair Koolhof/Skupski slap down the Aussie bogan trash duo of Kuntios/Kokkinakis in the dubs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 14, 2022 11:15 AM

Erica Marsh = election denier.

by Anonymousreply 250November 14, 2022 11:15 AM

^ Yeah, in terms of counting the votes, weighing the outstanding votes, I’ll go with the proven expertise of a known over an unknown partisan.

by Anonymousreply 251November 14, 2022 11:19 AM

There are 19 House races left, the Dems need 14 to get the House. Looks like 7 are almost certain to go Dem, 2 Rep, and the rest are too close to guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 14, 2022 11:22 AM

That was a typo at r252, sorry: 7 almost certainly going Dem, 5 Rep.

That would give us 211 Dem, 217 Rep, the rest still too close to call. Very nerve-wracking.

by Anonymousreply 253November 14, 2022 11:25 AM

“Coming days are critical.” No shit, Erica. Whoever you are.

by Anonymousreply 254November 14, 2022 11:25 AM

So, R253, there are only 7 left that are reasonably up-in-the-air, and the Democrats need all those 7 to hold the House. Odds are for the Republicans giving us the spectacular shitshow of a Pyrrhic victory.

by Anonymousreply 255November 14, 2022 11:28 AM

There will be no Pyrrhic victory. The Pukes are/will lose the House! Just too funny!🤣

by Anonymousreply 256November 14, 2022 11:31 AM

I think it's likely we won't keep the House. I'm not giving up hope but I'm also trying to be realistic.

However, especially if this Trump thing turns into a genuine rift in the Repug party, even if the Repugs win there could be a couple of them who will vote against their own party here and there. There could also be a fight for party leader and Speaker and that could work out well for us, too.

by Anonymousreply 257November 14, 2022 11:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 14, 2022 11:35 AM

^ Their’s that, but, however narrow their majority, they’ll still have the power of subpoena.

by Anonymousreply 259November 14, 2022 11:59 AM

There needs to be some kind of reckoning for all the pundits who bought the Red Wave narrative hook, line, and sinker. The weekend before the election, the Detroit News was describing the MI governor's race as a "dead heat" despite their own polling showing Whitmer up by 9 points. And then she won by more than 10.

by Anonymousreply 260November 14, 2022 12:17 PM

Can you imagine, if there had been a red tsunami, what Trump’s announcement that he’s running for President might be like? The Dems’ accomplishment, and that of the voters, is just stunning.

by Anonymousreply 261November 14, 2022 12:23 PM

I’m not convinced Kevin’s House is going to stand.

Ignored subpoenas are enforced at DOJ’s discretion. (They did so for Steve Bannon but not for Mark Meadows.). Plus, they need a referral to DOJ from the House. Is [italic] every Republican [/italic] (including those who’ve just barely squeaked into office from purple districts, due to independent voters) going to support subpoenaing Biden?

Will [italic] ALL [/italic] 219 (?) Republicans vote to crash the dollar.

Failing to fix problems; passing bills that die in the Senate; spending two years voting to accomplish nothing is not a particularly strong reelection strategy.

by Anonymousreply 262November 14, 2022 12:40 PM

[quote]Do not underestimate the Right-Wing propaganda machinery. Rupert Murdoch will go in hard for DeSantis.

The right-wing propaganda machine was all in for Ted Cruz in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 263November 14, 2022 12:44 PM

"This also needs to be said: If the Republican Party does break with Trump now, it will be for only one reason, which is that he’s costing it power. Everything else he did—the relentless assault on truth, the unlimited corruption, the cruelty and incitements to violence, the lawlessness, his sheer depravity—was tolerable and even celebrated, so long as he was in power and viewed by Republicans as the path to more power.

The Republican Party remains diseased. There are a few exceptions, such as Senator Mitt Romney, but Americans should consider the GOP a threat to liberal democracy until we see evidence of dramatic changes. The most encouraging news from the midterms was that just enough Americans understood this; an election that should have been a Republican tsunami produced barely a trickle. As Lisa Lerer of The New York Times put it, voters “showed a limited appetite for the burn-down-the-house approach that Mr. Trump has spread throughout the Republican Party."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 14, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote]There are a few exceptions, such as Senator Mitt Romney

He is NOT an exception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 14, 2022 1:09 PM

Romney is just a plutocrat who voted to impeach Trump.

by Anonymousreply 266November 14, 2022 1:11 PM

I would never vote for him but he is one of the only A grades in a sea of Fs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 14, 2022 1:12 PM

Oh Lawerd, THY will be DONE! Come Lord JEEZUS!! Save our Holy Kari frum thu INFYDELLS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268November 14, 2022 1:13 PM

I think (assuming I'm looking at current standings) it looks like the GOP takes House with about 220. Which is definitely a Pyrrhic victory. Even aside from the impossible task of managing the lunatic fringe of the GOP when you have no votes to spare, a 2-3 lead is unstable. Reps die, get sick, retire, or take better jobs. After the bloodbath the Speaker vote is going to be, you think Biden can't entice 1 or 2 not-insane GOP Reps in blue states to leave that mess for a cushy gig as an ambassador?

by Anonymousreply 269November 14, 2022 1:23 PM

So, let's find the silver lining in all of this...

The GOP takes the House, and?

Investigations? I believe the public will see right through it. In fact, I believe it will be a good thing because Republican crazy will be shown in primetime! Marjorie Taylor Greene? LOL! More craziness on display. Impeach President Biden? For what? Hunter Biden? Benghazi redux.

Any policy?

by Anonymousreply 270November 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Is anyone at the RNC going to figure out that voters have rejected crazy? Will they keep repeating crazy expecting different results?

by Anonymousreply 271November 14, 2022 1:34 PM

They'll pander to the extremists via the MTGs and mixed nuts of the legislature while the Pences and McConnells pretend they don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 272November 14, 2022 1:47 PM

Any of their "investigations" will be undermined by their stupidity. Imagine howler monkey MTG questioning a witness.

Everyone remembers the Benghazi hearings as hurting Clinton's approval ratings, because the press hammered her incessantly about it before and after she testified. What's been memory-holed though is that the GOP-led House also took a major hit because of the clown show they were putting on during those hearings. Their approval ratings were as bad as hers, and that was without the press assist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 14, 2022 1:51 PM

Maybe bookmark for later, but Just wanted to share this very informative round up of resources about US voting rights and the US Constitution through a DEIA lens put together by a number of professors/experts on both subjects. Great lists of related materials, the website is connected to the American Library Association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 14, 2022 2:10 PM

One negative from the election for Demoxeats is that black rural turnout was abysmal in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Vrginia. And just as bad is a larger percentage of southern blacks voted Republican.

by Anonymousreply 275November 14, 2022 2:15 PM

The media should just ignore the antics of MTG, Trump, Boebert and the rest of the MAGAts, and stop reporting anything they say as news. Make them irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 276November 14, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote] Romney is just a plutocrat who voted to impeach Trump.

Twice. The first time being the first time a senator voted to convict a president of his or her own party.

by Anonymousreply 277November 14, 2022 2:28 PM

[quote]Twice. The first time being the first time a senator voted to convict a president of his or her own party.

And, what's the problem with that? Here's my problem with your post and hopefully you can help me understand your point of view; If a POTUS has been found to have done something illegal do you feel that people of the same party should not convict him/her? That it is loyalty to that person and/or party that supersedes what is "right" versus what is "wrong"?

by Anonymousreply 278November 14, 2022 2:38 PM

Romney isn't a traitor and that is a rare republican. Democracy before party.

DEMOCRACY SCORE: A EXCELLENT

+Did not sign Texas amicus brief

+Affirmed certification of all states' electoral college votes

+Made statements that supported the integrity of American democracy

+Voted to impeach or convict Donald Trump for inciting an insurrection

+Voted to create an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack

--Did not vote on holding Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress

I have a big problem with not voting for holding Bannon in contempt but he didn't vote against it; he did not vote at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 14, 2022 2:39 PM

R172, It was the state parties that chose the candidates, not McConnell. They have been reorganized and populated by Trump thugs and MAGAts, election deniers and bastards. So let's look at Georgia. In the GOP primary there were other "conservatives" running against Hershel Walker who were more acceptable and could have beat Warnock in a close election. But Trump's choice was Walker and in the primary he prevailed. Now, in a way this was good for us Dems because if we get our people out to vote, we can beat walker. But McConnell has dumped tens of millions into Walker's campaign making it much closer than it should be. Oddly, none of the ads are supporting Walker as much as they a re attacking Warnock. Smearing him, lying about his record, demonizing him and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 280November 14, 2022 2:47 PM

Ha ha! She looks like Jerri Blank @r214.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 14, 2022 3:22 PM

I think you misunderstood my post, R278. I come to praise Romney not bury him.

by Anonymousreply 282November 14, 2022 3:25 PM

Could someone please explain to a Brit why Georgia is being "run off"? Is this the same as everyone in that state voting again?

by Anonymousreply 283November 14, 2022 3:26 PM

It's time for both Trump and Biden to just go away. Enough of the Boomer politicians, especially those within scoring range of the century mark. What the hell. Everyone had a fit about Reagan being too old in 1980 and he was a decade+ younger than these two when they try to go at it again for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 284November 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Georgia has a rule that candidates must get over 50% to win a general election, if no one does they have another run off election to decide who wins r283. So yes everyone has to come out again to vote.

by Anonymousreply 285November 14, 2022 3:31 PM

^Yes, in Georgia if no candidate gets above 50%, they have a new election between the top two candidates (a "run-off").

by Anonymousreply 286November 14, 2022 3:32 PM

Why should Biden (actually older than the Boomers) go away? He's doing a great job—unless you believe the propaganda that he's responsible for inflation etc.

by Anonymousreply 287November 14, 2022 3:35 PM

Thank you R285 R286

by Anonymousreply 288November 14, 2022 3:37 PM

No one age 72 or over should be running for office, regardless of the political party.

by Anonymousreply 289November 14, 2022 3:39 PM

The only thing that would make me feel good about a GOP win in the House is if McCarthy gets defeated in his quest to be Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 290November 14, 2022 3:39 PM

[quote] The media should just ignore the antics of MTG, Trump, Boebert and the rest of the MAGAts, and stop reporting anything they say as news. Make them irrelevant.

I think the exact opposite. Let the media publicize them so much that they become the face of the GOP

by Anonymousreply 291November 14, 2022 3:40 PM

But they all only have several millions in the bank, R289! How would they survive retirement?

by Anonymousreply 292November 14, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote] Failing to fix problems; passing bills that die in the Senate; spending two years voting to accomplish nothing is not a particularly strong reelection strategy.

Will House Republicans still feel bullied by Trump and the Freedom Caucus?! Or will the slim majority of the Republican house that is not brain-damaged try to regain control of the party and its agenda. Investigating Hunter Biden is not going to curb inflation or improve the economy.

by Anonymousreply 293November 14, 2022 3:41 PM

I agree that the actions of a crazy House could work to our advantage in 2024. And since it will be such a tiny margin for Rs that makes it easy to take back.

by Anonymousreply 294November 14, 2022 3:43 PM

Fuck you, R289!

by Anonymousreply 295November 14, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote]Rupert Murdoch will go in hard for DeSantis

Pics please.

God help me.

by Anonymousreply 296November 14, 2022 3:50 PM

It seems crazy that the House can be totally controlled by a party just because they have a couple more reps than the other

by Anonymousreply 297November 14, 2022 3:51 PM

R297 Yeah, fuck democracy.

by Anonymousreply 298November 14, 2022 3:53 PM

"Do not underestimate the Right-Wing propaganda machinery. Rupert Murdoch will go in hard for DeSantis."

DeSantis won't work nationally. He's hardcore MAGA/neo-fascist and that shit just got summarily rejected at the polls. Plus, its well known he is a charisma vacuum and widely hated even by his own staff.

I would be fascinated though to see him try to scale up his dickheadedness nationally.

by Anonymousreply 299November 14, 2022 3:53 PM

Barely r297. If it's a tiny margin its going to be tough. House members are frequently absent, but you are going to need everyone to win votes with no room for error. And you can't suffer detractors which is hard in a body with so many members.

If we end up witha 219R-216D House, we are basically in new territory. No party knows how to manage that. Pelosi might, but McCarthy?!

by Anonymousreply 300November 14, 2022 3:57 PM

We see what you are doing, r247. No president should be asked not to run for a second term. They all make that decision themselves. There is no reason to LBJ, President Biden.

I don't remember any Republican calling for malignant narcissist, brain-damaged, diaper wearing Trump to step aside.

The question you should be asking is do you want VP Harris to become the automatic first black female president if something happens to our Joey.

by Anonymousreply 301November 14, 2022 4:00 PM

DeSatan won't appeal to moderates/independents enough to win the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 302November 14, 2022 4:04 PM

R300 Exactly, A Republican house with only 219 (or 220 or 221) majority will give enormous power to outlier Republican reps. Remember Manchin power the last two years?

A couple QAnon Republicans or a couple "normal" old school Republicans (think Mormons or New England Episcopalians) could stop or approve everything Republicans wand to "pass"...

It's gonna be wild.

by Anonymousreply 303November 14, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]Georgia has a rule that candidates must get over 50% to win a general election, if no one does they have another run off election to decide who wins [R283]. So yes everyone has to come out again to vote.

As if we needed more money funneled into this election. Imagine what else $7 billion could have been used for in this country.

by Anonymousreply 304November 14, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote]DeSantis won't work nationally.

He could work IF he manages to brand himself as saner than Trump. Democrats should start pre-emptively counter-branding him now in case he prevails in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 305November 14, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote]Listen to proven experts at this type of thing

Like the army of TV idiots who dutifully spit back whatever GOP consultants whispered in their ears?

Those experts?

by Anonymousreply 306November 14, 2022 4:21 PM

Link, r275?

by Anonymousreply 307November 14, 2022 4:22 PM

That the Dems have been in control of a 50-50 Senate must be a continuing source of angst for R297.

by Anonymousreply 308November 14, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote] "Do not underestimate the Right-Wing propaganda machinery. Rupert Murdoch will go in hard for DeSantis."

[quote] DeSantis won't work nationally.

Trump shouldn't have worked either, but he was a Reality TV personality. Everyone in NY despised him, but the media built him up and tore Hillary down. The media takes great pride in being a mass manipulation tool, pushing people's buttons in order to act against their own best interest.

by Anonymousreply 309November 14, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote]Link, [R275]?

I wasn't aware you could post colonoscopy video online.

by Anonymousreply 310November 14, 2022 4:32 PM

R309 I think he worked BECAUSE he was a Reality TV personality. It was that cartoon media simplicity that was foundational to the cult.

by Anonymousreply 311November 14, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] a couple "normal" old school Republicans (think Mormons or New England Episcopalians)

The latter is a purely hypothetical consideration, since the only New England Republican with any chance of being in the next Congress, Bruce Poliquin of Maine, is of French-Canadian ancestry and probably Catholic (though maybe at one time his Andover/Harvard background would have made him an honorary WASP).

by Anonymousreply 312November 14, 2022 4:36 PM

r311, media made a president out of GWB, jr. because they painted him as a guy you could have a beer with. My point is that the media gave obviously unqualified people an image nationwide that got them elected. They were able to do it with GBW, jr. They were able to do it with Trump and they could be able to do it with DeSantis.

That is why I don't think Liberals should underestimate the power of the right wing media.

by Anonymousreply 313November 14, 2022 4:39 PM

They just said on MSNBC that they might call the Arizona race tonight if Lake once again fails to meet her target when the next batch of votes drops.

by Anonymousreply 314November 14, 2022 4:43 PM

"Trump shouldn't have worked either, but he was a Reality TV personality. "

Look, anything can happen but I still contend Desantis wont work nationally. The media was ALL IN for a lot of these whacko candidates who just lost. These same candidates also had gazillions of dollars in PAC money (more than Dems). And again, they lost.

We've lived through a years-long circus of anger, contempt, meanness and hostility coming from Republicans. People are exhausted. And Desantis has already made his reputation by being an extreme MAGA fuckface especially around abortion. That's the core of his brand. So a little pivot ain't gonna work for him because what you're left with is a fat stuffed shirt with virtually no charisma and a history of fascist chicanery.

One last thing - the 18-29 demographic came out to vote in historical numbers, especially women. They aren't going to soon forget how psycho Desantis is around reproductive rights.

by Anonymousreply 315November 14, 2022 4:44 PM

I might agree with 82, but not really 72, r289. I think plenty of people in their 70s are fine (not all, but voters can judge that). But the problems really seem to start in the 80s, and Diane Feinstein and Chuck Grassley, sorry, you are both too damn old. Both are 89, and both should clearly step down.

by Anonymousreply 316November 14, 2022 4:45 PM

[quote][R300] Exactly, A Republican house with only 219 (or 220 or 221) majority will give enormous power to outlier Republican reps. Remember Manchin power the last two years?

But this might not be a bad thing. Can you imagine all of the crazy stuff that will be put forth by Greene, Boebert, and others? The Republicans will hang themselves.

by Anonymousreply 317November 14, 2022 4:48 PM

The media can't give DeSantis appeal or charisma. He's chubby, irritable, and looks like he's about to cry at any given moment. He has dyed televangelist hair but a face like a guy who makes his living playing non-speaking hired goon parts in films.

I mean, just look at this: he doesn't even look better than Trump, and Trump looks like a nursing home escapee whose pants are on backwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 14, 2022 4:48 PM

Trump, sociopath that he may be, seems quite jovial on occasion. DeSantis seems like a constant sink pit of rage imho and I don’t see that playing nationally.

The northeast patrician Democrats are gone from the House sadly, but if the Republicans take the house, it’ll be the suburban NY seat flippers that they have to thank. I they don’t want they stink of MAGAT on them when they have to defend those seats.

by Anonymousreply 319November 14, 2022 4:49 PM

DeSantis has a reputation for being a weirdo whom people don’t warm up to

by Anonymousreply 320November 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Patrician Republicans (not Democrats)

by Anonymousreply 321November 14, 2022 4:49 PM

That dress on Melania in R318 looks like a pattern you'd see on a tablecloth on some working class family's kitchen table.

by Anonymousreply 322November 14, 2022 4:53 PM

The moment Trump revealed himself as a birther, that fucking TV show should've been taken away from him and the media should've immediately isolated him. No more need to listen to a fucking thing he has to say.

If you think the media is "liberal," it's because you're racist and bigoted trash who isn't satisfied unless every crime committed by a non-white person is treated as if that behavior is ingrained in every non-white person.

by Anonymousreply 323November 14, 2022 4:54 PM

R318, why is DeSantis' wife dressed like the Hamburglar?

by Anonymousreply 324November 14, 2022 4:54 PM

DeSanty is going to be taking deportment classes from now until '24. He'll be JUST FINE by then.

by Anonymousreply 325November 14, 2022 4:54 PM

It really is a dowdy pattern, r322.

by Anonymousreply 326November 14, 2022 4:55 PM

It's of course WAY too early to predict how anybody will do in some primaries that are more than a year away, but overall I agree with the assessments of Ron DeSantis. I suspect pundits and some Dems are really exaggerating the threat from this dull, angry, bitter man.

by Anonymousreply 327November 14, 2022 4:55 PM

DeSantis's cruel stunt of bussing immigrants to Martha's Vineyard backfired in a big way. It turned off a lot of people and branded him as an asshole. His brand of cruelty won't play well with voters outside of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 328November 14, 2022 4:56 PM

^This

by Anonymousreply 329November 14, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote]Look, anything can happen but I still contend Desantis wont work nationally.

Agreed, I've said the same. Florida is a shithole full of assholes -- and that includes the family I have living down there. His censorship bullshit and anti-abortion stance will not work in this country. The Republican party is not prepared to be a 21st century party. They aren't even 20th C at this point. Their draconian ideology could never appeal to younger people who grow up in a world where they know people from every background whether personally or through SM.

Someone like MTG will have power not because of numbers, but because of so much division from within. Beyond her inbred district of 170K votes, no would ever vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 330November 14, 2022 5:01 PM

To be fair, we don't know that Mrs. DeSantis ISN'T the Hamburglar.

by Anonymousreply 331November 14, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote]The moment Trump revealed himself as a birther, that fucking TV show should've been taken away from him and the media should've immediately isolated him. No more need to listen to a fucking thing he has to say.

I agree with you but here's the thing about that... Trump tapped into the racist element that runs through the veins and arteries of this nation. You would be surprised over the many who proclaim they are not racist and/or bigoted (and honestly believe that they are not) but if pushed hard enough "something" will slip--which of course many would realize and sincerely apologize for. However, it is there.

Then you had the money factor. Trump made money for many of these media outlets. He was a cash cow. What's the Les Moonves quote? "It may not be good for America, but it's damn good for CBS."

by Anonymousreply 332November 14, 2022 5:03 PM

[QUOTE] DeSantis's cruel stunt of bussing immigrants to Martha's Vineyard backfired in a big way. It turned off a lot of people and branded him as an asshole. His brand of cruelty won't play well with voters outside of Florida.

Some GOP cousins I was talking to about this tried to act like they’d never even heard about it. Then I caught one of them and they admitted they had. So there does seem to be a slight amount of shame attached to that whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 333November 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Schumer talked this morning about passing the Marriage Equality Act in the lame duck. The House has already voted on it.

by Anonymousreply 334November 14, 2022 5:06 PM

File in the non surprising category: excess deaths from COVID cost the Republicans the midterms.

“So again, lots of factors were at play. Including one that doesn’t get talked about much: excess Covid deaths. There’s been an ongoing study of the Republican resistance to the Covid vaccines and the preliminary findings suggest that post-vaccine, Republicans accounted for about 80 percent more of the excess deaths than Democrats. Part of this is because of vaccine hesitancy; part of it is because of the age profile of voters.”

“I’m not going to burden you with the math here, but if you want to read up on it, the data is quite striking, all the way to the county level.”

“To take just one example: between January 2021 and this month, 9,400 people in Nevada died of Covid. The data suggests that the majority of these people would have been Republican voters. Keep that number in mind.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335November 14, 2022 5:06 PM

"I mean, just look at this: he doesn't even look better than Trump, and Trump looks like a nursing home escapee whose pants are on backwards."

hahahahahahhaah

by Anonymousreply 336November 14, 2022 5:06 PM

[quote]Some GOP cousins I was talking to about this tried to act like they’d never even heard about it. Then I caught one of them and they admitted they had.

It also shows how quickly they are ready to easily lie and turn away

by Anonymousreply 337November 14, 2022 5:07 PM

NBC News projects: Julia Brownley (D) wins CA-26.

by Anonymousreply 338November 14, 2022 5:25 PM

"Can you imagine all of the crazy stuff that will be put forth by Greene, Boebert, and others?"

And add Gym Jordan, Gaetz and so many other Trumper assholes.

And it won't stop because they face no repercussions or penalties. These assclowns are all from safely gerrymandered districts that will protect and defend them and prevent them from being primaried.

Unless the incoming Speaker grows a pair of balls, which is highly unlikely as Republicans have none, these overgrown frat boys/girls will continue their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 339November 14, 2022 5:27 PM

NBC News projects: Gabriel Vasquez (D) wins NM-2. Democrat gain.

by Anonymousreply 340November 14, 2022 5:41 PM

Once again, I totally think some of you are underestimating the appeal of a DeSantis campaign because you don't like the guy. I think once he goes through the PR machine and the media whitewashing, he will be able to be sold to Middle America and rank and file republicans. It's already started, and not just from Murdoch.

I am not saying he will win, but what I'm saying is the spin machine can do wonders. Especially when the party and the media pushes a certain narrative. The man is 45, they're going to play him as bold, young leadership with a young family. People are going to bite. They've already started the articles on his wife.

by Anonymousreply 341November 14, 2022 5:43 PM

What do we think the DeSantis dick looks like?

by Anonymousreply 342November 14, 2022 5:44 PM

Not something I think about, r342.

by Anonymousreply 343November 14, 2022 5:46 PM

I think Trump will destroy DeSantis in the primaries. I hate Trump, but the one thing I give him is that he knows how to perform on camera (like a mob boss from a Scorsese movie). He will bulldoze every Republican opponent as he did in 2016 because Americans love a charismatic snake-oil salesman who can roast people.

The only reason DeSantis may prevail is the media hyping him as an alternative Trump. But that can only take him so far. When Trump is done with him, he'll be another Jeb Bush.

by Anonymousreply 344November 14, 2022 5:57 PM

[quote] why is DeSantis' wife dressed like the Hamburglar?

She's just following red America's fashion icon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 14, 2022 5:58 PM

This is another video supercut of Republicans and their sympathizers predicting the red wave/tsunami that never came.

This one includes Ben Shapiro at the height of jackassery, as well as massive red wave predictions from Elon Musk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 14, 2022 6:06 PM

Do we know at what time Arizona will announce that Kari Lake is dead?

by Anonymousreply 347November 14, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote]DeSatan won't appeal to moderates/independents enough to win the Presidency.

There you go again. Isn't that what everybody said about the Orange asshole in 2016? It's another ploy to get Dems overconfident and neglect voting. Fuck that and fuck anyone who spreads the lies.

by Anonymousreply 348November 14, 2022 6:19 PM

I wouldn't underestimate DeSantis either but he really is quite similar to Cruz with his bully boy politics and sour demeanor. And we all saw how the GOP voters didn't go for Ted in the primaries.

The difference is that DeSantis is in more of a position of power as governor to playact as King for the media and FL populace in a way Cruz can't as one of 100 senators. Plus FL is a state consumed with anger, ignorance, and hatefulness, so DeSantis appeals to a lot of the people there

But if you saw how Crist trounced him in the debate, you really see the limitations of DeSantis which no amount of whitewashing will cover.

There's a part of me who wonders if Trump will decide not to run after all and turn the primary into a "who will kiss my ass the most" contest to get his endorsement. That will appeal to his ego and prevent any chance of being humiliated by a primary or general election loss.

by Anonymousreply 349November 14, 2022 6:22 PM

I would be more worried about someone like Glenn Youngkin than DeSantis. Youngkin has that nice Southern guy demeanor - he's a MAGA Andy Griffith - that can easily cover over his more extreme politics.

by Anonymousreply 350November 14, 2022 6:25 PM

Youngkin has the China virus!

by Anonymousreply 351November 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Democrats want Trump to run because you cannot put lipstick on that pig. Plus he’s now blocked from cheating in the states he needs.

TPTB though probably do want to get rid of him though, since he will never be able to regain the WH.

by Anonymousreply 352November 14, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote]They just said on MSNBC that they might call the Arizona race tonight if Lake once again fails to meet her target when the next batch of votes drops.

There are presently 158,507 untabulated ballots in Arizona, 94,285 of those are in Maricopa County. All or nearly all of those should drop tonight around 6PM local time. If Lake fails to get a sufficient number of those it will pretty much be over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 14, 2022 6:31 PM

R349/R340 is a troll that I have blocked already.

by Anonymousreply 354November 14, 2022 6:35 PM

R350, rather.

by Anonymousreply 355November 14, 2022 6:37 PM

[quote]It's time for both Trump and Biden to just go away. Enough of the Boomer politicians, especially those within scoring range of the century mark

I'm certainly glad Biden didn't "just go away" in 2020. And Trump should never have been a viable candidate to begin with. But do go on with your idiotic false equivalence.

by Anonymousreply 356November 14, 2022 6:41 PM

[quote]It's time for both Trump and Biden to just go away. Enough of the Boomer politicians,

Biden is older than the Boomer generation.

by Anonymousreply 357November 14, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote]Is there a crazy lady entering a psych ward in Arizona yet?

I don’t think she’s crazy. This is all a big act. She thought Trumpism was the quickest way to the top, but she badly misread the room.

by Anonymousreply 358November 14, 2022 7:04 PM

Kari Lake was previously a Democrat and friends with a drag queen. Agree she has been a fraud all along.

by Anonymousreply 359November 14, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote]Kari Lake was previously a Democrat and friends with a drag queen. Agree she has been a fraud all along.

She's an opportunist and a wanna be celebrity, She's in this for fame, recognition, and money. She couldn't care less about Arizona. Arizona is just a vehicle to get her to stardom. Think Eve in "All About Eve" and Anne Baxter

by Anonymousreply 360November 14, 2022 7:13 PM

R359, I'm still not convinced Kari Lake [italic]isn't [/italic] a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 361November 14, 2022 7:14 PM

My take on DeSatan is he's not enough red meat for the Trumpers. Trump was a freakshow, vulgar and vile and unashamed of it. He said that shit. DeSatan isn't vulgar enough for them. Which you'd hope would be a major problem except I think there is a chance, as argued upthread, that DeSatan could be made palatable to normal people. Elections these days are more typically close calls than wide margins. But DeSatan has no star quality. He just comes across as creepy. He's kinda Ted Cruz in that respect, so maybe he will be a tough sell. The observation about a Youngkin candidacy has some merit. He might be able to fly under the radar.

It almost doesn't matter... '24 will be a unique creature on its own, given we should all be post recession by then. No idea what the landscape looks like.

by Anonymousreply 362November 14, 2022 7:15 PM

[quote] Think Eve in "All About Eve" and Anne Baxter.

That explains the photos I saw of Lake wearing a raincoat and a funny hat.

by Anonymousreply 363November 14, 2022 7:16 PM

Newly elected Black Republican John James was on FUX this morning being asked to "explain" Black people.

And, here's gay Republican George Santos being tested on whether he's conservative enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 14, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]Think Eve in "All About Eve" and Anne Baxter

We are not going to allow you to defame Anne Baxter or Eve Harrington like that. You take that back right now, mister.

by Anonymousreply 365November 14, 2022 7:23 PM

Why R365? Lake has a similar hairstyle to Eve Harrington and is scheming and ruthless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366November 14, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote]Another thing I wanted to point out is Republican billionaire Rick Caruso spent 100 million dollars of his fortune to try to buy his way into being Mayor of LA but he is losing to the excellent Karen Bass. Glad our sisters in LA did not let his bullshit fly.

Meanwhile, I bet that cunt Katy Perry is just devastated.

by Anonymousreply 367November 14, 2022 7:41 PM

I have seen Republicans say “they do better and win more seats” when Trump is on the ballot. They don’t seem to care about his negatives, or that 60% of Americans don’t want him to run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 368November 14, 2022 7:44 PM

Trump pushing McCarthy for speaker because he believes he will help him with his 2024 race.

by Anonymousreply 369November 14, 2022 7:48 PM

What's very important is that Biden has a great team around him. Ron Klain and his WH staffers are doing an excellent job. I 'm just saying I have no problem voting for the Biden team in 2024. I don't care if Joe has to have his food processed in a blender and wear depends or use a walker to get around, as long as he has a good team.

by Anonymousreply 370November 14, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]Think Eve in "All About Eve" and Anne Baxter

Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.

by Anonymousreply 371November 14, 2022 7:57 PM

And the drag queens laughing about what a dumb bitch loser she turned out to be, r371.

by Anonymousreply 372November 14, 2022 8:03 PM

A show of hands:

Please raise your hand if you're cool with Rapey McForhead being waterboarded by Liz Cheney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373November 14, 2022 8:28 PM

^ "forehead"

by Anonymousreply 374November 14, 2022 8:29 PM

Clearly I don't keep up as well as perhaps I should, but who is Rapey McForehead?

by Anonymousreply 375November 14, 2022 8:30 PM

I don't know that Republicans will actually decide that, r373, but if they do, please, please, please choose treacherous culty bitch Tulsi Gabbard for Speaker. That would be the awesome and the hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 376November 14, 2022 8:31 PM

I assume that means Matt Gaetz, r375, mentor to young ladies in need.

by Anonymousreply 377November 14, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote] Ron Klain and his WH staffers are doing an excellent job.

There's been reportage that an "exhausted" Klain is not long for this White House.

by Anonymousreply 378November 14, 2022 8:33 PM

Thanks R377 - off to look him up. Uh, his record, not him personally.

by Anonymousreply 379November 14, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]I assume that means Matt Gaetz, [R375], mentor to young ladies in need.

And young men!

by Anonymousreply 380November 14, 2022 8:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 14, 2022 8:38 PM

Why is rapey Matt Gaetz using a torture reference? Clearly Republicans are violent, decrepit and clueless.

by Anonymousreply 382November 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Wait. Tulsi's still in the House?

by Anonymousreply 383November 14, 2022 8:47 PM

I’m encouraged that the Republicans will not have 218 votes to impeach Biden, et al.

by Anonymousreply 384November 14, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote] The Constitution does not directly state that the House Speaker must be a member of the chamber, but to date, the role has never been filled by an outsider.

Over the summer MAGA has suggested that they use this maneuver to reinstate TFG.

More recently people have floated the idea that Democrats could form an alliance with mainstream GOP to give the job to Liz Cheney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 14, 2022 8:55 PM

What a stupid way to get Dump back as president. Beyond idiotic. Maybe they were thinking about it back when they thought the red wave would happen. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 386November 14, 2022 8:59 PM

^ Brendan Boyle is my congressman, a great guy btw. Helped an elderly neighbor resolve a problem with Medicare where she was getting pushed around and no one would help her. She also went to the Republican state rep who didn’t do jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 387November 14, 2022 9:02 PM

What the bill does

The Electoral Count Reform and Presidential Transition Improvement Act would make several policy changes:

Clarify the vice president’s role. Under current law, Congress counts and certifies the Electoral College votes to make it official, during a process led by the vice president, per their role as the president of the Senate%20presides.). This bill would clarify that the vice president’s role in the Electoral College certification is purely ceremonial, and that they don’t actually have the power to change, overrule, or nullify any part of the count.

Raises the threshold for Congress to object. Under current law, only one House member and one senator need to object to a state’s Electoral College certification, in order for Congress to vote on whether to exclude that state’s electors. For the 2020 election, those two thresholds were far exceeded: for Arizona, 121 House members and six senators objected; for Pennsylvania, 138 House members and seven senators. This bill would increase both thresholds for objection to one-fifth of both the House and Senate. Had this bill been law at the time, the Senate wouldn’t have met that threshold (although the House still would have). Clarifies which electors count. In case two or more factions within a state each try to send competing slates of electors to Congress for the official count, this bill lays out means for Congress to identify a single slate of electors from each state. It requires Congress to identify one state official (often the secretary of state) responsible for certifying their state’s electors, and requires the state’s electors themselves to be appointed prior to Election Day.

**Harder to declare a “failed election.” **The bill also overturns a provision from the Presidential Election Day Act of 1845, which allows a state’s legislature to override their state’s popular vote if the legislature declares a “failed election.” Several states considered this option, namely ones in which the populace voted for Biden even though the legislature was still controlled by Republicans. (No state actually followed through.) This bill would only allow a legislature to override in case of “extraordinary and catastrophic” events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388November 14, 2022 9:04 PM

A helpful visualization:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 14, 2022 9:35 PM

I thought Steve Bannon was in prison - so what is he doing in Kari Lake's "war room"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390November 14, 2022 9:40 PM

[quote] "When activists were door-knocking, “people would say, ‘Isn’t he the guy that pushed Mondaire out of this district?’ Folks had a really tough time getting past that. And he didn’t do much work past saying, ‘Well, I live here.’' "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 14, 2022 9:41 PM

Re: R364

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 14, 2022 9:44 PM

The idea to install someone as Speaker who is not a member of the House was also brought up back in... 2018? With the idea of putting HRC in the role. It wasn't a very serious idea, but it was floated around a lot.

by Anonymousreply 393November 14, 2022 9:57 PM

R390 bail reform (seriously) and that’s why it needs to be amended, but not the way Republicans want.

by Anonymousreply 394November 14, 2022 9:58 PM

Sen. Josh Hawley: 'This election was the funeral for the Republican Party as we know it'

LOL! He helped kill it....

by Anonymousreply 395November 14, 2022 10:44 PM

Run as far away as you can, Josh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396November 14, 2022 10:49 PM

r390...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397November 14, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote]Twitter has made me aware that Brazilians are Latino, not Hispanic. I regret this error.

No doubt, if the gentle, proportionate, fair-minded made him aware.

by Anonymousreply 398November 14, 2022 11:00 PM

I've been surfing the internet for a bit and it seems to me that Republicans are terribly upset about this election.

by Anonymousreply 399November 14, 2022 11:09 PM

R397, it’s fun to be white, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 400November 14, 2022 11:11 PM

TX Democrat Henry Cuellar Rejected Request From Allies of GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy to Switch Parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401November 14, 2022 11:14 PM

CNN says a big batch of Az ballots coming within the hour... could settle governor.

by Anonymousreply 402November 14, 2022 11:16 PM

^^^Related:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 14, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote] McCarthy has vowed to restore Marjorie Taylor Greene’s committee assignments if he becomes House speaker

She will chair the committee charge with investigating the proliferation of Jewish space lasers. Ye will be the first witness.

by Anonymousreply 404November 14, 2022 11:22 PM

Hawley is just jumping on the dump McConnell bandwagon. God forbid they would ever admit Trump is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 405November 14, 2022 11:25 PM

Will she also head a committee that will finally reveal the sinister secrets behind Peachtree Dishes and the Gazpacho Police?

by Anonymousreply 406November 14, 2022 11:25 PM

And how do you chair a committee when you've never been on one.

Farce, thy name is Greene.

by Anonymousreply 407November 14, 2022 11:30 PM

Doesn’t it seem like they are sticking with Trump because without their base of racists, they are nothing?

by Anonymousreply 408November 14, 2022 11:36 PM

A small number of votes from Yuma County just increased Hobbs's lead very slightly.

Now we await the bigger drops from Pima & Maricopa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409November 14, 2022 11:42 PM

In the end, they will stick with Trump because the GOP is utterly desperate for his voters.

Most of these races were 50-50. The GOP will make the calculation that more deplorables will come out during a presidential race

by Anonymousreply 410November 14, 2022 11:42 PM

Crying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411November 14, 2022 11:44 PM

MTG will chair the Fondling Dump’s Junk committee. She’ll be all the members too.

by Anonymousreply 412November 14, 2022 11:46 PM

I’ll be glad to never see that harpy from AZ ever again.

by Anonymousreply 413November 14, 2022 11:47 PM

R412, she'll rotate duties with Senatrix.

by Anonymousreply 414November 14, 2022 11:47 PM

Hobbs now up by 29K on votes from Pima County.

by Anonymousreply 415November 14, 2022 11:48 PM

Apache County seems to have just increased Hobb's overall lead from 25,000 to 29,000.

by Anonymousreply 416November 14, 2022 11:48 PM

What the hell is Bannon doing in Lake’s “war room”? Stupid traitor

by Anonymousreply 417November 14, 2022 11:49 PM

Steve Kornacki's new haircut is cute.

by Anonymousreply 418November 14, 2022 11:49 PM

My heart breaks for poor little Kari...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419November 14, 2022 11:50 PM

^Ya know R411, what's interesting about that is when the shoe is on the other foot ie lack of voting locations in Democratic areas, jumping through hoops to register, etc, Republicans seem to have no problems. Kari Lake/Eve Harrington is complaining about her difficulties. Why didn't she simply just vote early?

by Anonymousreply 420November 14, 2022 11:50 PM

When I see that wrinkly old Kari Lake face, I understand why she uses a filter whenever she gives a TV interview

by Anonymousreply 421November 14, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote]Steve Kornacki's new haircut is cute.

Well, if he's there, they must be expecting a call.

by Anonymousreply 422November 14, 2022 11:53 PM

Pima County reports in and Kari Lake only gets 41.95% compared with Katie Hobbs at 58.05.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 14, 2022 11:54 PM

Yay, Kari Lake a loser tonight, followed by fat Donny tomorrow night. Back to back losers.

by Anonymousreply 424November 14, 2022 11:54 PM

Steve has ditched the brown pants and gone back to real khakis.

by Anonymousreply 425November 14, 2022 11:56 PM

She would need 60.8 percent of the remaining statewide votes to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 426November 14, 2022 11:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427November 14, 2022 11:58 PM

Maricopa will released its numbers in 30 minutes at the bottom of the hour.

by Anonymousreply 428November 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Maricopa will RELEASE its numbers in 30 minutes at the bottom of the hour.

by Anonymousreply 429November 15, 2022 12:02 AM

R429, exciting!!

by Anonymousreply 430November 15, 2022 12:03 AM

Another drop from Pima County, Hobbs leads by 30,231.

by Anonymousreply 431November 15, 2022 12:24 AM

Scary Kari must feel like a bucket of blood is about to drop on her head.

by Anonymousreply 432November 15, 2022 12:28 AM

It's going to officially be called for Hobbs tonight after this Maricopa batch. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 433November 15, 2022 12:29 AM

We can see her dirty pillows...

by Anonymousreply 434November 15, 2022 12:29 AM

72,000 votes about to be released from Maricopa.

by Anonymousreply 435November 15, 2022 12:30 AM

Rapey McForehead says NO Kevin

Perjury Traitor Scream says YES Kevin

Don Bacon (whoever tf he is) says:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 15, 2022 12:31 AM

Anyone else refreshing Twitter nonstop?

by Anonymousreply 437November 15, 2022 12:31 AM

Update: The drop will be in 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 438November 15, 2022 12:31 AM

Fucking drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 439November 15, 2022 12:32 AM

R318, R324, and R331 are the reason I keep coming back to the ‘Lounge!!

THANK YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 440November 15, 2022 12:35 AM

VOTN, who are you following on Twitter to see the results?

by Anonymousreply 441November 15, 2022 12:37 AM

Lake HQ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442November 15, 2022 12:37 AM

Rep Bacon saying he’s willing to vote with Democrats on Speaker is huge. Rep. Cuellar asked to switch parties, no begged, and saying no is huge. This is why you endorse incumbent House members- Cuellar would’ve switched if Pelosi would’ve come out against him.

by Anonymousreply 443November 15, 2022 12:40 AM

Nate Cohn and Dave Wasserman, primarily.

by Anonymousreply 444November 15, 2022 12:40 AM

MARICOPA UPDATE:

Lake reduces Hobbs's lead by 10,000 votes to 20,000 votes overall

by Anonymousreply 445November 15, 2022 12:42 AM

So I guess they’re not calling a loss for the harpy?

by Anonymousreply 446November 15, 2022 12:43 AM

Probably not enough votes for Lake to win, but now the statisticians have to crunch the remaining numbers to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 447November 15, 2022 12:44 AM

It's not enough. They should still call it.

by Anonymousreply 448November 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Hobbs 50.4% vs Lake 49.6 (MSNBC)

by Anonymousreply 449November 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Lake got 57% of the Maricopa drop, well short of what she needed from there.

by Anonymousreply 450November 15, 2022 12:44 AM

There was a 10,000 vote margin with Biden.

Hobbs has a 20,000 vote lead

by Anonymousreply 451November 15, 2022 12:45 AM

Lake needed more than she got. Call it.

by Anonymousreply 452November 15, 2022 12:45 AM

Trying to let the crazy lady down easy atm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453November 15, 2022 12:46 AM

Steve says that Lake is highly unlikely to make up the difference based on the small amount of outstanding votes.

by Anonymousreply 454November 15, 2022 12:46 AM

There are apparently under 65,000 votes left to count in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 455November 15, 2022 12:47 AM

It's been called!

by Anonymousreply 456November 15, 2022 12:48 AM

NBC CALLS IT FOR HOBBS

by Anonymousreply 457November 15, 2022 12:48 AM

Kari Lake: Now be gone, before someone drops a house on you, too.

by Anonymousreply 458November 15, 2022 12:48 AM

IT'S OFFICIAL: GOVERNOR KATIE HOBBS!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 459November 15, 2022 12:49 AM

MSNBC calls it for Hobbs.

by Anonymousreply 460November 15, 2022 12:49 AM

KARI LAKE'S POLITICAL PROSPECTS ARE DEAD TO ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 461November 15, 2022 12:49 AM

Yes!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 462November 15, 2022 12:49 AM

RED-STATE ARIZONA IS DEAD TO ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 463November 15, 2022 12:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464November 15, 2022 12:50 AM

Kari Lake's face right now…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465November 15, 2022 12:50 AM

I’d like to see a cage match with Gretchen W and Scary Kari

Gretchen would rip that scraggly hair from her scalp

by Anonymousreply 466November 15, 2022 12:51 AM

It's OVA Lake.

by Anonymousreply 467November 15, 2022 12:51 AM

Shots shots shots!

by Anonymousreply 468November 15, 2022 12:51 AM

For Governor-elect Hobbs' sake, I hope she has really good security. I worry about what the more unhinged Lake fans will do.

by Anonymousreply 469November 15, 2022 12:51 AM

Bye Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 470November 15, 2022 12:52 AM

It's funny how much you guys hate Lake. 🤣😜😁😂

by Anonymousreply 471November 15, 2022 12:52 AM

R469 that was one of my immediate thoughts too

by Anonymousreply 472November 15, 2022 12:52 AM

Democrats in Arizona didn't even run anyone against Paul Gosar. That is unbelievable, do Democrats in his district show up to vote with no Democrat to vote for in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 473November 15, 2022 12:53 AM

MSNBC names Hobbs the winner.

by Anonymousreply 474November 15, 2022 12:53 AM

Now let's put this away with the Attorney General, Arizona!

by Anonymousreply 475November 15, 2022 12:54 AM

[quote]It's OVA Lake.

Please welcome to the stage, completing her final walk: OVA LAKE

by Anonymousreply 476November 15, 2022 12:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477November 15, 2022 12:55 AM

So now will we find out if she was really a white gal?

by Anonymousreply 478November 15, 2022 12:56 AM

[quote]It's funny how much you guys hate Lake. 🤣😜😁😂

We hate all MAGAts, insurrectionists, and election deniers.

by Anonymousreply 479November 15, 2022 12:56 AM

R479, let me add: grifters, phonies, and exploiters of the populace.

by Anonymousreply 480November 15, 2022 12:57 AM

Here I was wrong all these times I've called her white trash. She's just trash, period.

by Anonymousreply 481November 15, 2022 12:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482November 15, 2022 1:00 AM

Yay!! So glad that Scary Lake, the Wicked Witch of the West, has been defeated.

What a fucking bitch.

Still a nightmare. But not in the governor’s mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483November 15, 2022 1:03 AM

R365, you’re too short for that gesture.

by Anonymousreply 484November 15, 2022 1:04 AM

Have the others called it, yet?

This lady is not going to walk away quietly, is she?

by Anonymousreply 485November 15, 2022 1:04 AM

Now, media: TURN OFF THE FUCKING CAMERAS! DO NOT GIVE THIS CRAZY LAKE BITCH ANYMORE ATTENTION!...

...unless it's to announce she's running with Trump, then I'm fine with Republican heads exploding over the crazy continuing to infect their shit party!

by Anonymousreply 486November 15, 2022 1:06 AM

There’s nothing “normal” about Arizona’s vote counting delay. It always resulted out results with the rest of the west. Massive cheating is underway. There’s no logical explanation for this long of a day. Plus they are withholding any and all reasons to the media. It’s like Arizona is the new N. Korea as far as elections go. They can reveal. Projection by now.

by Anonymousreply 487November 15, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote]Now, media: TURN OFF THE FUCKING CAMERAS! DO NOT GIVE THIS CRAZY LAKE BITCH ANYMORE ATTENTION!...

But her beauty lamps and lighting are already set up and ready to go!

by Anonymousreply 488November 15, 2022 1:07 AM

R485, CNN hasn't called it yet. But it could happen soon.

by Anonymousreply 489November 15, 2022 1:07 AM

Why is MSNBC the only one calling it? Statistically, Scary Lake cannot catch up.

by Anonymousreply 490November 15, 2022 1:08 AM

Has the crazy lady grabbed an axe and taken to the streets yet?

by Anonymousreply 491November 15, 2022 1:08 AM

Kari Lake is a mini Trump.

by Anonymousreply 492November 15, 2022 1:08 AM

Just a question regarding donors. Can someone explain to me how someone has their name removed from "opensecrets donor" lookup, because I have a relative who I know donated to Laxalt, but her name is now gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 15, 2022 1:08 AM

This is the first time since 2009 that Democrats will hold the Governorship of Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 494November 15, 2022 1:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 15, 2022 1:09 AM

MAGA TRASH ALERT MAGA TRASH ALERT MAGA TRASH ALERT @487

by Anonymousreply 496November 15, 2022 1:10 AM

Kari Lake's entire campaign was spouting bullshit about Trump's election being stolen. To be a functioning democracy you can't have people that winning high office, anyone who cares about the sanctity of democracy itself should be very glad and lost r471.

by Anonymousreply 497November 15, 2022 1:10 AM

I'd bet money she's part of someone's special announcement tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 498November 15, 2022 1:10 AM

R487 if they were cheating, they would just announce a total on Election Day. They actually produce a result that is verifiable.

by Anonymousreply 499November 15, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote] There’s nothing “normal” about Arizona’s vote counting delay. It always resulted out results with the rest of the west. Massive cheating is underway. There’s no logical explanation for this long of a day. Plus they are withholding any and all reasons to the media. It’s like Arizona is the new N. Korea as far as elections go. They can reveal. Projection by now.

Shhh, Meemaw Dumbvida. Go to bed now. You have a hard day of bartending ahead of you tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 500November 15, 2022 1:11 AM

R487, so...s u e. How many losses so far for Trump and his bullshit fraud claims? Lake can join him in the "L" column in court, but she has a way to go to catch up to his 0-64.

You know the part you assholes think we don't notice? All of the complete bullshit you claim on SM and in front of landscaping companies, is never said in a *courtroom under oath*

by Anonymousreply 501November 15, 2022 1:12 AM

Wow is Dump that dumb to put her on his ticket? Y/y?

by Anonymousreply 502November 15, 2022 1:13 AM

Hobbs beats maga cray Kari lake. Hobbs is the one pictured below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503November 15, 2022 1:13 AM

In other batshit crazy Arizona news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504November 15, 2022 1:16 AM

CNN calls for Hobbs

by Anonymousreply 505November 15, 2022 1:16 AM

If you needed to see it somewhere other than NBC News....DecisionDeskHQ was the first to call the 2020 election for Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 15, 2022 1:16 AM

R495, I love how they blurred out scary Kari's face in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 507November 15, 2022 1:17 AM

More, R504! I need more!

by Anonymousreply 508November 15, 2022 1:17 AM

CNN also now calls it for HOBBS.

by Anonymousreply 509November 15, 2022 1:17 AM

Lake will be Trump's choice for V-P. It's what she wanted all along.

by Anonymousreply 510November 15, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote] Hobbs is the one pictured below.

Oh, we know. We know. 😂😂😂😂😢😂😢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511November 15, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote]The day after voting ended, Lake was holed up in meetings about a potential transition into the governor’s office — examining resumes and talking with business leaders and GOP hands about spots on her team.

I still can't get over the HUBRIS of this. She had a bunch of people going in and out offering jobs and planning to be governor.

by Anonymousreply 512November 15, 2022 1:19 AM

Lake has zero qualifications to be governor, let alone VP. That said, Trump is dumb enough to pick her.

by Anonymousreply 513November 15, 2022 1:20 AM

A Trump/Lake ticket would ensure a landslide for the Dem ticket - whoever that may be.

by Anonymousreply 514November 15, 2022 1:20 AM

BREAKING: Katie Hobbs’ campaign manager just said that she has “clinched the win” over Kari Lake based on the most recent ballots that got dropped. Worth remembering that over 2/3rds of young people voted for Katie Hobbs in this election. This is huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515November 15, 2022 1:21 AM

Liz Cheney FTW.

Lake needs to not troll people smarter than she.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516November 15, 2022 1:21 AM

Loving the tears from the snowflake/triggered/fuck your feeling crowd crying over this loss.

by Anonymousreply 517November 15, 2022 1:22 AM

AP calls it for Hobbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518November 15, 2022 1:22 AM

Andy Biggs challenging McCarthy is delicious. The nut jobs realize they have only these two years to try and go Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 519November 15, 2022 1:23 AM

I still can't get the crazy Lake and Masters conspiracy theories about stolen election when AZ was probably the most audited and recounted 2020 election by REPUBLICAN officials and the REPUBLICAN state legislature. When all they found was more votes for BIDEN, only a lobotomized idiot will go on spewing about rigged and stole.

by Anonymousreply 520November 15, 2022 1:23 AM

AP also calls it for Hobbs. Poor Lake...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 15, 2022 1:24 AM

People forget that the crazies in the Republican House drove John Boehner absolutely bonkers until he quit.

by Anonymousreply 522November 15, 2022 1:26 AM

Lake and Masters are just following Trump's lead. It's not like they really believe it, but they see Trump successfully used it to rile up the base so this generation of MAGAist just follow the Trump playbook r520.

by Anonymousreply 523November 15, 2022 1:26 AM

Some cheese to go with your whine, R487?

by Anonymousreply 524November 15, 2022 1:27 AM

David Axelrod on CNN:

"No amount of gauzy lens can change the vote total for Kari Lake."

by Anonymousreply 525November 15, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote]"No amount of gauzy lens can change the vote total for Kari Lake."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 15, 2022 1:31 AM

I nominate David Axelrod as an honorary DLer.

by Anonymousreply 527November 15, 2022 1:33 AM

Tell us again, you "both sides" assholes: Which party is currently trying to codify marriage equality to protect gay marriage from the Republican filth on the SC?

by Anonymousreply 528November 15, 2022 1:34 AM

The rejection of crazy "stop the steal!" Trumpists was dar reaching.

GOVERNOR

Kari Lake, AZ Tudor Dixon, MI Doug Mastriano, PA

SEC STATE

Mark Finchem, AZ Kristina Karamo, MI Jim Marchant, NV

SENATE

Blake Masters, AZ Don Bolduc, NH

HOUSE

Joe Kent, WA-3 John Gibbs, MI-3

by Anonymousreply 529November 15, 2022 1:34 AM

The Democrat also won for state attorney general in AZ (replacing Hobbs). So AZ now will have a Democratic governor, attorney general, and at least one senator.

by Anonymousreply 530November 15, 2022 1:35 AM

Link, please, R530.

by Anonymousreply 531November 15, 2022 1:37 AM

Hobbs isn't AG, she's the Secretary of State. The Democratic candidate for AG is leading, but the race isn't called yet.

The Democrat was elected SoS, however.

by Anonymousreply 532November 15, 2022 1:38 AM

Aside from the Dems hopefully winning the House (I know it may not happen, but still hoping), what would really make all of this perfect is if we soon get a social media platform that renders Twitter a ghost town of only bots and MAGAts

by Anonymousreply 533November 15, 2022 1:41 AM

Is there demand on OF for old and busted MILFs?

by Anonymousreply 534November 15, 2022 1:45 AM

[quote] People forget that the crazies in the Republican House drove John Boehner absolutely bonkers until he quit.

and then they did the same to Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 535November 15, 2022 1:47 AM

Meanwhile, Anderson Cooper is all of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536November 15, 2022 1:48 AM

I still don't buy that's why Paul Ryan left. Something has always felt like he got out before shit about him did.

by Anonymousreply 537November 15, 2022 1:49 AM

Historic changes happening in Arizona.

The last time Arizona had a Democratic governor and two Democratic senators was 1950

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538November 15, 2022 1:51 AM

I’m hoping In less than 5 years this can be florida.

by Anonymousreply 539November 15, 2022 1:53 AM

woof!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540November 15, 2022 1:55 AM

We go live to Lake's war room, where she prepares to address supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541November 15, 2022 1:57 AM

War room? I thought a padded cell would be the next place where we get to see her.

by Anonymousreply 542November 15, 2022 2:00 AM

I believe I still have a path to victory, I do. Once all the legitimate votes are counted, I know I will prevail. Despite widespread fraud and botched practices. And cheaters, I got ya in my crosshairs; don't mess with Alaska!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543November 15, 2022 2:06 AM

CNN just called 2 more house seats for Republicans, Now 214 - 204. Sad face emoticon.

by Anonymousreply 544November 15, 2022 2:08 AM

Is there any way to watch msnbc on iPhone?

by Anonymousreply 545November 15, 2022 2:10 AM

the news agencies cannot make a close house race chart that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 546November 15, 2022 2:13 AM

[quote] Is there any way to watch msnbc on iPhone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547November 15, 2022 2:14 AM

From r540:

[quote]When a Cheney shoots you in the face, they don’t miss.

by Anonymousreply 548November 15, 2022 2:14 AM

The NBC projections are pretty easy to understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549November 15, 2022 2:37 AM

let's hope Lake concedes and doesn't incite violence. Luckily so far the other election deniers have conceded, begrudgingly or not

by Anonymousreply 550November 15, 2022 2:40 AM

Hey, when they start throwing names around of candidates for Speaker who are not currently members of Congress, it is time for us to be VERY suspicious. Because IMO the most famous not member is Donald Trump and he would be one of the most dangerous people to place in that position in our history.

by Anonymousreply 551November 15, 2022 2:41 AM

Just remember. Matt Gaetz is very close to Trump...

by Anonymousreply 552November 15, 2022 2:44 AM

I hope Cecily Strong has her pussycat wig ready to go for Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 553November 15, 2022 2:46 AM

Trump is too lazy to be Speaker and wouldn’t have the votes.

by Anonymousreply 554November 15, 2022 2:46 AM

Looks like Kari is not going to be graceful

"@KariLake

23m

Arizonans know BS when they see it."

by Anonymousreply 555November 15, 2022 2:50 AM

[quote]Arizonans know BS when they see it."

Which is why I'm assuming they didn't vote for it?

by Anonymousreply 556November 15, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote]Looks like Kari is not going to be graceful

Thank heaven. I'm not ready to let this batshit crazy harridan go yet. She's hugely entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 557November 15, 2022 2:57 AM

I'm ready to let her go. These people are dangerous and we don't need another Jan. 6th.

by Anonymousreply 558November 15, 2022 3:00 AM

They made a real gazpacho out of all those Q-cumbers in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 559November 15, 2022 3:06 AM

[quote]Arizonans know BS when they see it."

How very self-reflective of her.

by Anonymousreply 560November 15, 2022 3:07 AM

[quote]"@KariLake

23m

Arizonans know BS when they see it."

Does she really not see the irony?

by Anonymousreply 561November 15, 2022 3:17 AM

It is wonderful to see republicans in flames, running around crying, wailing.

We’re tired of your BS, your trolling, your gaslighting.

Take a hint.

by Anonymousreply 562November 15, 2022 3:21 AM

[quote]Does she really not see the irony?

If she could she wouldn't be a MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 563November 15, 2022 3:24 AM

"@tarapalmeri

NEW: I’m told from a very good source that Nancy Pelosi was in fact ready to move on as of this weekend & believes that Hakeem Jeffries will be the next leader of the Democratic caucus"

by Anonymousreply 564November 15, 2022 3:26 AM

The freepers are losing their shit all over the place. Feel free to roll on over and bask in the schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 565November 15, 2022 3:28 AM

Drudge headline right now: LAKE RUNS DRY. That’s good.

by Anonymousreply 566November 15, 2022 3:29 AM

R540 = J. Peterman

Do you mean "reeyar"?

by Anonymousreply 567November 15, 2022 3:29 AM

R551, the Repub donor class ain't having it. Trump is done.

by Anonymousreply 568November 15, 2022 3:34 AM

NYT and AP both reporting that Rethugs are now 1 win shy of claiming House majority. Damn it.

by Anonymousreply 569November 15, 2022 3:37 AM

[quote]NEW: I’m told from a very good source that Nancy Pelosi was in fact ready to move on as of this weekend & believes that Hakeem Jeffries will be the next leader of the Democratic caucus"

I'm for this only if he continues to be this kind of Dem dealing with those Deplorable assholes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570November 15, 2022 3:42 AM

Did y'all see Wes Moore on Stephanie Ruhle's show tonight? OMG, that guy is a superstar with a million dollar smile. He's going to be the next Obama. Stephanie mentioned that people are already talking about him running for POTUS one day.

For the first time in a long, long time, Democrats have 3 amazing future presidential nominees in Gretchen Whitmer, Wes Moore and Pete B. A ticket with a combination of any of them would be sensational.

by Anonymousreply 571November 15, 2022 3:50 AM

You know, R571, I can be fair when it comes to young Republicans: I can't think of a single one of those assholes who could inspire genuine respect. They're all either genuinely stupid, genuinely evil, genuine scum...or all of those things.

by Anonymousreply 572November 15, 2022 3:59 AM

I am really hoping Ivanka and Jared skip Trump’s fantasy TV show tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 573November 15, 2022 4:05 AM

This article is so bitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 15, 2022 4:12 AM

Boy, Rupert's flying monkeys are sure gunning for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 575November 15, 2022 4:36 AM

Do we think with all the blue wins in AZ that maybe Krysten Sinema will stop being such a cunt and begin to shift more to the left as a way to be re-elected in 2 years?

by Anonymousreply 576November 15, 2022 4:40 AM

R576, I hope the witch has no shot in hell and gets primaried.

by Anonymousreply 577November 15, 2022 4:41 AM

But the internets told me a Tulsi Gifford (or whatever the fuck her name is) endorsement is like finding the Wonka Golden Ticket. Are you telling me she's a fucking loser with no actual influence?

by Anonymousreply 578November 15, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]Do we think with all the blue wins in AZ that maybe Krysten Sinema will stop being such a cunt and begin to shift more to the left as a way to be re-elected in 2 years?

She was banking on the Republicans taking Congress and wanted to seem to be on the right side.

by Anonymousreply 579November 15, 2022 4:43 AM

lmfao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 15, 2022 4:56 AM

It really is amazing that only a week ago, most of us were really just sickened by the prospects of a "red wave." I never anticipated not only having a pretty good out come, but the added bonus of Republicans taking shivs to each other. It's so beautiful, I wanna cry.

by Anonymousreply 581November 15, 2022 4:56 AM

LOL, R580. that's good.

by Anonymousreply 582November 15, 2022 4:56 AM

outcome*

by Anonymousreply 583November 15, 2022 4:57 AM

Anyone know projections for House?

by Anonymousreply 584November 15, 2022 5:15 AM

Most projections seem to think:

GOP: 220 (gain of 7)

Dem: 215

by Anonymousreply 585November 15, 2022 5:19 AM

^The GOP thought the midterms were going to be a huge cumshot for them, and instead it doesn't even register as the world's saddest little dribble.

by Anonymousreply 586November 15, 2022 5:21 AM

Except they will still be the Crazy ex-girlfriend and wreak havoc. It’s all they know. Like cavemen, especially chick with a dick MTG.

by Anonymousreply 587November 15, 2022 5:27 AM

How many house races are still not called?

Where and who?

by Anonymousreply 588November 15, 2022 5:29 AM

About Boebert vs Frisch house race. Next vote count update on November 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589November 15, 2022 5:43 AM

The House TBD (New York Times) - as of 2am Eastern, Tuesday

Republicans ahead: CA 22, Valadao +5 (54% reported); CA 27, Garcia +9 (65%); CO 3, Boebert +0.35 (>95%)

Democrats ahead: AK1, Peltola +21 (80%); CA 9, Harder +13; CA 13, Gray +0.75 (78%); CA 47, Porter +1.3 (80%); CA 49, Levin +5 (86%); CO 8, Caraveo +0.73 (>95%); ME 2, Golden +3 (>95%)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590November 15, 2022 5:48 AM

Just 47% reported in the CA 9, Harder race. WTH?

by Anonymousreply 591November 15, 2022 5:49 AM

Fox News and la times project winner in one California house race, sadly not the democratic.

Looks like Will Rollins (Democratic) lost in Palm Springs to extremist ken Calvert (Republican).

Will Rollins has real national security experience. This was important because ken Calvert says he does. Also, Will Rollins is open about being gay/lgbt. Ken Calvert has said anti lgbt statements. This is in palm springs, ca.

This one is sad.

by Anonymousreply 592November 15, 2022 5:50 AM

Will Rollins (d) /ken Calvert (r) house race is:

CA-41

I just got the projection that we lost to the Republican.

by Anonymousreply 593November 15, 2022 5:55 AM

Josh harder (dem) / patti (r) has not be called or projected yet. Harder does have the lead now.

by Anonymousreply 594November 15, 2022 6:00 AM

Michele steel (maga r) wins against jay Chen.

Michele Steel, not her real name and she is from North Korea, attacks her opponent with vile, racist ads. Jay Chen was in the us military. Michele steel is another liar who says she has us national security experience, but she clearly does not.

This is batshit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 15, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]Lake will be Trump's choice for V-P. It's what she wanted all along.

That would be a whole lot of crazy on one ticket.

by Anonymousreply 596November 15, 2022 6:42 AM

Tomi Lahren has been melting down on twitter ALL Day. Fetid cunt. It's delicious

by Anonymousreply 597November 15, 2022 6:47 AM

Part 8:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598November 15, 2022 6:51 AM

Thanks, R598.

by Anonymousreply 599November 15, 2022 7:16 AM

Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 600November 15, 2022 7:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!