Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kitrina

A force of nature.

by Anonymousreply 205September 23, 2022 10:15 PM

Someone posted the clip of him being critical of his own acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2022 8:47 PM

If you were hypercritical of your own acting, you wouldn't have to search for an example of something you did "wrong"... unless it was, say, a kissing scene and you didn't want to draw attention to that because of queerbaiting accusations...

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2022 8:48 PM

This was funny — before Kit showed up for the shared panel someone asked Joe if he was going to drink a lot of coffee to spite Kit after all his comments on it and he wanted to clarify the coffee breath thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2022 8:51 PM

R1 The person deleted the tweet because other people on Twitter were sharing and not crediting... I downloaded it though, as I had a feeling it would be deleted. Any recs for where I can anonymously upload it (it's in video format but is only audio) and share on here? Like people do with images?

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2022 8:51 PM

I think streamable dot com is pretty reliable, r4.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2022 8:53 PM

R4 agreed, streamable is good. Apparently this is the context behind the clip which to me gives it a lot more context and makes his self deprecation even more of a non event. Cannot think of anyone who would say “absolutely love watching myself onscreen, thrill of a lifetime”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2022 8:58 PM

30 people forming a circle? Cringe!

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2022 9:00 PM

I feel our girl Maia isn't the type to stay off social media

also closer look at that jacket

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2022 9:17 PM

R2 I don’t think there was a single kissing scene they didn’t nail, though. And one of the examples he gave of something he considered good included 2 kisses (the rain scenes).

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2022 9:18 PM

[Quote] I don’t think there was a single kissing scene they didn’t nail, though.

I had not problem with his acting. I just think it's odd that he couldn't think of an example of his acting that didn't work (for him).

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2022 9:20 PM

*no problem

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2022 9:20 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kit in that jacket. She also shares clothes with her brother.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2022 9:25 PM

That’s not The Kit’s jacket, his is green

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2022 9:32 PM

R10 Didn’t mean to imply that I think you do, it’s just hard for me to imagine anything with the kisses to nitpick that was in his control. It would mostly be issues with the blocking or how it was coordinated. I did notice that the two he picked that he felt good about were more dramatic scenes for him (the rain scenes that included Nick’s sexuality freak out with Charlie and Nick coming out to his mom). Might say more about the material he feels more adept at delivering than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2022 9:34 PM

Some comments from the previous thread, now paywalled...

[quote]If Alice has any sense she'll keep it on Nick and Charlie. Some of the shit she's said about being able to promote her asexual agenda and focusing more on the home life of Tara and Darcy and other crap made me worried. Nobody gives a shit about any of that.

Couldn't agree more. I actually don't mind a little more Tara and Darcy as I thought they were instrumental in helping Nick come out, so it's sometimes interesting to see their relationship paralleled with Nick and Charlie's. But I absolutely could not give two shits about Isaac and his aromance backstory. I'm going to be so pissed if Alice devotes any significant screen time to this boring ass character, when she could be giving that screen time to Nick and Charlie.

[quote]Kizzy mentioned in a live a couple of weeks ago that they’ve started testosterone. I’m hoping that their appearance doesn’t change a lot before the show is over so that Alice doesn’t have to write it in and give them more of a storyline.

Oh good lord. Darcy is a lesbian, not non-binary. Couldn't Kizzy have waited until the show is over? More power to her, but the character identifies as a lesbian girl...Tara is attracted to her as a woman. Now Alice is going to have to re-write the character to incorporate Kizzy's deepening voice and facial hair--and try to make us believe Tara would go for that in real life?

Not saying Kizzy can't live her truth, but you signed up to play a girl who is attracted to girls. At least wait until the show is over to transition.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2022 9:36 PM

R8 Anything of Kit’s would be hanging off her - she’s teeny tiny.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2022 9:37 PM

R15 also hoping Alice keeps the Charlie / Nick focus. I know she’ll have to develop Elle and Tao as someone mentioned in the last thread and will likely beef out Tara and Darcy as well, but I hope she doesn’t lean into giving every minor character a big arc. It’s fine if Imogen, Sahar and Isaac stay minor.

But as someone else mentioned she’s said she has “big asexual aromantic plans” for Isaac, an arc for Imogen, brought Ben back so he’ll have to have a storyline, wants to develop the teachers more… I understand filling a full season is different than just a comic but not only are Joe and Kit the strongest actors; they legitimately have relatively decent material re Charlie’s self harm and nick’s reactions in the books and shrinking or limiting that to plug her own sexuality or lack thereof would be irritating.

On a related note I wish if she insisted on the asexual thing that she’d give that storyline to Tori. Jenny was one of the more capable side actors and while I don’t want to shit on Tobie I think she’d be more able to carry a plot line on her own.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2022 9:41 PM

The next season will be a flop if they decide to focus on anyone other Nick and Charlie. No one's going to be seated here for Isaac or literally anyone else's storyline other than Nick and Charlie. That's not why the show became popular. And I really hope Netflix shuts down Alice's attempts to make it about someone else.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2022 9:44 PM

I enjoyed Rhea's performance more than I enjoyed Will's or Yaz'. I'd be happy to see more of Rhea. Jenny has a big storyline upcoming?

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2022 9:45 PM

Could Harry be aroace? That could be a fun storyline with Isaac.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2022 9:46 PM

R18 Alice is scripting more characters including a apparently a b.f. for Mr Ajaiye, which is in the books, but I also hope that there isn't too much B- and C-story filler in the new series. Do not find myself interested in Isaac's asexual journey or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2022 9:46 PM

Can't see Netflix really being happy with less Nick and Charlie and more asexual and other random storylines. They'd probably love more Ben/Bash though. They really like promoting him.

R19 Will and Yaz are really weak actors

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2022 9:47 PM

I think bringing Ben can work without giving him his own storyline, just have him be a foil to Nick, maybe give him a flashback or two to hammer in Charlie’s trauma, have him be vaguely menacing, and keep it moving.

I don’t really care about Isaac or Imogen at all. Isaac is just boring, Alice’s plans sound boring, and Imogen already fulfilled her purpose and I don’t need to see her as one of Nick’s friends or anything. Tara could easily fulfill that role.

R17 Completely, completely agree about how Tori should have been the one to flesh out with the asexuality stuff. She’s the one that’s Alice’s self-insert, I don’t know why she didn’t just go with it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2022 9:55 PM

R23 I haven't read all the books/comics, but I think Tori already has a fair backstory that maybe includes boyfriends etc in the books. So she couldn't really go down that route with Tori - as much as I agree that she'd be a more capable actor to pull it off. Although honestly I'm just not especially interested in an asexual storyline in general, whoever it goes to. But we know that Alice will be including it.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2022 10:18 PM

R5 Thanks - I need to make an account to upload anything, though, so won't that mean it isn't anonymous?

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2022 10:18 PM

It's kinda cool that it seems like *almost* no-one at the convention awkwardly brought up the Maia/Kit thing, or the fact that he left Twitter. He must've been dreading a convention with lots of dedicated fans just a couple of days after those two bombshells.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2022 10:19 PM

R24 Tori is asexual but not aromantic in the books, so it could have worked if she wasn’t set on the aromantic angle as well. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2022 10:20 PM

I mean, he probably would have enjoyed getting on his soapbox...

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2022 10:20 PM

I can't believe some of you are up in arms arbout the aroace storyline. Isaac had fuck all lines in Season 1. He won't suddenly become a major character in Season 2 or 3.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2022 10:21 PM

Here's the now deleted audio of Kit talking about hating watching himself on screen and being a bad actor. Hopefully it works!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2022 10:22 PM

It's saying it's deleted for some odd reason - here it is again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2022 10:23 PM

Haha, okay, last time of trying and then I'll stop the spam - giving Streamable a go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2022 10:25 PM

Kit is a shareholder in file dot io.

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2022 10:26 PM

R33 Lol it's bizarre - it would be appearing fine and then as soon as I copied the link in here, it deleted itself. Streamable seems better.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2022 10:28 PM

I’m a big fan of his dental work, he avoided the horse teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2022 11:29 PM

He still has the gap.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2022 11:31 PM

R36 Nope. If you zoom in close you'll see he had the gap tooth replaced. It just sits back in shadow, so from a distance it might still look like there's a gap there. It is rather odd to see him smile with perfect teeth now.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2022 11:34 PM

How can one have perfect teeth if some of them "sit in shadow"?

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2022 11:36 PM

Look the HQ picture. There's no gap. Agree it's good work. Fixed his issue without changing anything much. They aren't completely perfect but look good.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2022 11:39 PM

I must have just stared at him way too much before because he looks SO different to me now.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2022 11:52 PM

That is indeed some great dental work, does not in any way look obvious or shout MILO VENEERS. Almost strange to see him smile so broadly now, good for him, one less thing for him to have to stress over.

by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2022 12:18 AM

Didn’t realize the NTA were reopening voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2022 11:37 AM

Bit random. I know Kit vapes but does he smoke as well? I wondered if that might explain the non-stop gum chewing at the con.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2022 12:58 PM

R43 I don’t think we know but he’s British so I wouldn’t be surprised. Someone had theorized in the deleted thread that the gum chewing could have been a coping mechanism for his anxiety at the con. Who knows? If he smokes, maybe Joe will tease him about his breath next time.

Speaking of British, someone posted another clip of Kit calling Joe darling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2022 1:05 PM

R44 I hope he doesn't smoke because - well - I feel like any young person who chooses to start smoking nowadays is a bit braindead, knowing the health risks. But if he does, surely he'd go a bit easier with the 'coffee breath' teasing of Joe because of the risk that Joe would fire back about his fag breath (which is way worse than coffee breath).

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2022 1:10 PM

Also lol, calling his male friends 'darling' may be the least straight thing that Kit has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2022 1:12 PM

A lot of the HS cast smoke. Wouldn't be surprised if Kit did too.

And in general he seems a lot more friendly and more relaxed than he was with the cast. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a lot more fun in the vlogs this time around.

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2022 1:35 PM

Reupload of R44 cos the tweet was removed/privated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2022 1:43 PM

Yesterday someone posted some more pictures of Kit and Maia out and about in London on reddit but they got nuked really quickly. Didn't see them before they did and the person said they hadn't shared them anywhere else. Not sure if they were from Sunday or Monday. Either way, Kit living his life without a care.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2022 2:38 PM

I know someone on here had asked about the likelihood of her popping up on the HS set this week, looks unlikely since she’s in Amsterdam with her brother.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2022 2:47 PM

“Kit living his life without a care” he’s a straight white man, he’s got nothing to worry about

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2022 3:25 PM

Didn't say he did, but he doesn't seem to give much of a shit if people see him out with her despite the cries of respecting his privacy

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2022 3:27 PM

Can anyone work out what Kit says at around 1:30? Can't make it out at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2022 3:32 PM

I think he says "on and off screen"?

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2022 3:43 PM

R54 Hmm, there was definitely no 'screen' in that - but it could start with 'on a...'

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2022 3:51 PM

R53 I thought it was “as their relationship progresses, our own relationship progressed, so”

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2022 3:57 PM

R56 Sorry yeah, I caught that bit but he says something after that that just sounds like gobbledegook.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2022 4:05 PM

R49 different than these from Sunday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2022 5:10 PM

There was another shot of them by the same person (who was working in the Starbucks opposite) ordering burgers. Or was there something else?

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2022 6:05 PM

He certainly knows how to spoil a girl. Burgers in Pentonville Road…very romantic!

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2022 6:19 PM

He’s obviously new to this. Gonna have to step up his game a bit, or at least hope he makes up for it elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2022 10:13 PM

"I don’t think there was a single kissing scene they didn’t nail, though. And one of the examples he gave of something he considered good included 2 kisses (the rain scenes)."

Their kissing scenes were well coordinated. None of the kisses seemed forced or uncomfortable. And it wasn't just awkward lip smashing or their hands blocking everything.

The corridor kiss after Nick outs himself on the field was so heartwarming and full of emotion. Kit really threw himself into that one- moreso than Joe.

Kit's acting was really good overall- very believable and he delivered the cheesiest lines he had to work with and made them less cringe.

Well done on his part.

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2022 11:15 PM

Is there a new Bash thread? The current one is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2022 2:10 PM

R62 The scene direction for the corridor scene specified 'a Hollywood screen kiss'. And Nick did lean into the moment more intensely, which tracks with a desperate fear of losing Charlie that had built up over several days of being ghosted. It was indeed well played.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2022 9:41 PM

Kit fans really are committed to the idea that he seriously outperformed Joe in every way, including the kissing scenes. I think his acting slightly more consistent and stronger overall, which makes sense given more professional experience, but I genuinely thought for what were meant to be romantic but not “hot” kissing scenes (written by an asexual person for a young audience) both did a good job and I didn’t think Kit committed more or looked more into it or whatever than Joe. Either way the two of them easily carried the show; much of the rest of the acting wasn’t really above typical meh quality teen show but they did a great job with somewhat lacking material.

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]Kit fans really are committed to the idea that he seriously outperformed Joe in every way, including the kissing scenes.

the corridor kiss is the only kiss anyone here has claimed kit was more committed to

[quote]He certainly knows how to spoil a girl. Burgers in Pentonville Road…very romantic!

swinging by a five guys after a 4 hour train ride for a quick meal is hardly meant to be a date

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2022 10:13 PM

some old stories from s1 either posted by kit or related to kit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2022 10:15 PM

I think Joe and Bash bungled the assault scene. They played it like melodrama. Kit's acting never descended to melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2022 10:18 PM

r68 i would mostly lay that on bash's feet, he was awful in that scene and there's only so much you can do with that kind of scene partner

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2022 10:20 PM

I disagree. Joe used the same energy when Bash was the silent and on the ground after being beaten in the running race. It's a very amateur acting energy. I like Joe. I think he will gett better. I'm less optimistic about Will.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2022 10:27 PM

*was silent.

by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2022 10:27 PM

Joe is supposed to be portraying a 15 year old teenager in those scenes. So yeah, keeping the age factor in mind and also how teenagers normally tend to act or overreact, I think he did a good job in those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 72September 21, 2022 10:32 PM

It's not so much about the amount of emotion, so much as the quality. That's why I mentioned melodrama (versus drama). Those scenes should have been bracing. They weren't.

by Anonymousreply 73September 21, 2022 10:42 PM

Bash over-emoted terribly in virtually every scene. The actors playing Tara and Elle were pretty amateurish, Isaac's line delivery was peculiar (what few he had). Besides Kit & Joe, I actually think Cormac (Harry) was the most credible in his role.

by Anonymousreply 74September 21, 2022 11:15 PM

Cormac was very credible in his role. He doesn't seem to act. He has the same affect in the one interview of his I've seen. People might say that's "just being yourself" but most people can't do that on camera.

by Anonymousreply 75September 21, 2022 11:21 PM

R74 agreed Cormac wasn’t too bad; bash was good solely in the Harry’s party scene imo (where he was playing dickish more than villainous). I will say I put part of that on Alice; as others have mentioned she is very committed to Ben being evil and unredeemable rather than a scared closeted dickhead so his over the top acting makes some sense in that context.

The best supporting actor was Jenny imo.

by Anonymousreply 76September 21, 2022 11:31 PM

Alice needs to hand over the script writing part to profesionals for the future seasons. Cause some of her writing choices, the less said about them the better.

And she just doesn't know how to tackle intimacy in relationships or how to realistically write gay men.

by Anonymousreply 77September 21, 2022 11:39 PM

We only really see Ben in scenes with Charlie. It's valid that a teenage boy like that would blester and NEVER show his fear/vulnerability with someone he feels he has to diminish, as a survival tactic.

by Anonymousreply 78September 21, 2022 11:40 PM

*bluster

by Anonymousreply 79September 21, 2022 11:40 PM

The teacher didn't strike any false notes as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 80September 21, 2022 11:41 PM

i mean, ben absolutely did show a glimpse of vulnerability in the hallway scene right before he assaulted charlie. unfortunately, bash's delivery was grating as hell.

by Anonymousreply 81September 21, 2022 11:43 PM

R73 Wait until the scene where Ben beats up Charlie. It'll be a doozy! Let's hope Alice has the good sense to realize Solitaire was horribly written and doesn't do anything with it.

by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2022 11:44 PM

R77 I agree, and would not be surprised if Alice had some experienced help with the scripts this go round given time pressures (particularly if series 2 & 3 are filmed back to back). I am hoping Charlie's mental health struggles are handled well, however much of this they plan to depict. Personally, I just never want to hear 'why are we like this?' again.

R81 When Ben was stalking angrily down the corridor with his mobile, I laughed out loud. SO over the top.

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2022 11:46 PM

Here's hoping Alice doesn't end up making Nick and Charlie asexuals on the show.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2022 11:52 PM

Rhea (who plays Imogen) just got diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and has a sensor on her arm now. If Alice tries to add that in as another plot line…

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2022 11:53 PM

Fans are already campaigning for it.

Can they just give it a rest? What all do they want to see in 8 episodes that are like 30 minutes long?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2022 11:56 PM

I mean, it's not like the 8 episodes were a little light on plot...

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2022 11:58 PM

Some of you write like gay men are a monolith. Not all gay males are sucking cock at a gloryhole aged 13...

by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2022 11:59 PM

R86 Now I'm imagining a dramatic low blood sugar scene as a teaching moment. Why does diabetes need representation? I have family members with Type 1 diabetes and they are completely normal for the most part. We don't need to after school special everything.

Some fans don't realize how little time there is and that the cast does not want to do this show for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2022 12:07 AM

I want Imogen to turn into Elaine Stritch. They better have orange juice ready at all times.

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2022 12:17 AM

In one of Alice's books, perhaps it was 'Nick and Charlie' (?), they are sleeping over at each other's houses frequently and having sex. Condoms in the bedside drawer are mentioned at some point. So Alice clearly understands the obvious logical progression here -- but how much of that progression Netflix will accept for a series apparently being marketed to teenagers, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2022 12:20 AM

R91 They have sex in Nick and Charlie. Occasionally.

I don't see them actually ever doing that book though or suddenly making an established show now for adults. I feel Kit has gotten all that he can out of the show and will probably want to move on soon and not be in a children's show in his 20's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2022 12:32 AM

If the show does get renewed for the fourth season that Alice said would be enough to cover all of the HS comics, Nick and Charlie having sex would wind up getting broached because that’s the point the comic is at now, the lead-up to them having sex.

by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2022 12:41 AM

'Nick and Charlie' is set 2 years into their relationship, so not having sex at that point would be laughable. I do however seem to recall Alice saying at one point that she would never write a sex scene for Nick & Charlie -- but who knows where her head is at these days if there is money to be made.

by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2022 12:47 AM

R94 not sure when Alice would have said that, because they wrote Nick and Charlie before the first volume of Heartstopper. I assume they probably meant they’d never draw graphic sex in the comics (or put it on screen). HS is supposed to be for young teens, and will definitely always fade to black and have imply sex without showing it explicitly.

The age of consent is 16 in the UK and I know Alice chose not to have Nick and Charlie have sex until after Charlie turns 16, even though Charlie’s mental health is the main thing stopping them in the story, not the characters age. So if they do have sex in the show, it would likely be either the end of season 3, or in a fourth season.

If you’re all desperate to watch an adult show where the characters all have sex, there are plenty of options. Personally, I think it’s nice that young queer kids can watch HS and get excited about a first kiss instead of worrying about sex. There are lots of PG hetero romances, but HS is the first PG queer romance.

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2022 1:21 AM

Agreed R95. Everything about HS was age appropriate and it was nice to have meaningful and gentle intimate scenes like a first crush/ kiss and hugging that young teens can look forward to with a first love.

I've just read the comics for the first time and they never seem to go past making out.

They discuss "doing it" but aren't ready.

Nick does give Charlie a hickey though in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2022 1:57 AM

Okay but the corridor kiss is 🤌

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2022 3:24 AM

R83 Agreed. I want to campaign to not have "Why are we like this" in the 2nd season lol.

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2022 3:30 AM

The kisses on the show were very innocent and sweet.

This one was nice (albeit not Nick and Charlie) since it doesn't look like acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2022 3:36 AM

R86 The absolute delusion of fuckwit girls on Twitter thinking that a wildly successful author of books and television series would entertain content suggestions on her multi-million pound project...

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2022 4:18 AM

R95 She did say that. She also said all Japanese BL is nasty other than Nojiko Hayakawa, which she pirates from illegal websites and then copies from. Not everyone can be as pure as her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2022 9:08 AM

A bit of Kit in Venice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2022 12:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2022 12:12 PM

Longer version of the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2022 12:41 PM

Looks like his old teeth there. When the heck did he find time to get them done in the last 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2022 12:54 PM

The Irish guy in that video is very charming

by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2022 1:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2022 2:01 PM

Change your sweater Joe!

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2022 2:03 PM

I am screaming 😱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 22, 2022 2:14 PM

Interesting that the actor that plays Christian is there, but not the ones that play Sai and Otis. And who is Momo Yeung playing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 22, 2022 2:20 PM

Is the handsome guy at 0:31 "David"?

by Anonymousreply 111September 22, 2022 2:26 PM

R11 Yep, Jack Barton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 22, 2022 2:30 PM

Nima Taleghani will be the other teacher's love interest, I presume.

by Anonymousreply 113September 22, 2022 2:30 PM

Never mind, I’m an idiot, Momo Yeung is the actress that played Tao’s mom in the first season. Completely forgot about her.

by Anonymousreply 114September 22, 2022 2:36 PM

Kit’s delivery is fine but Joe and Rhea’s faces are killing me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 22, 2022 3:38 PM

R115 as a French person myself I am both excited for and cringing at the French haha!

by Anonymousreply 116September 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Sorry to make this the unofficial HS thread (happy to move to another if more fitting), but Kizzy who plays Darcy and ids as non-binary confirmed they’re taking T and changed their pronouns to they/he. Good for them and everything, but u wonder how this squares with Tara firmly saying she was definitely a lesbian last season? They can’t really pivot or backtrack and say “actually she’s bisexual too”

by Anonymousreply 117September 22, 2022 6:06 PM

They could have them break up over it, a la the Paiges.

by Anonymousreply 118September 22, 2022 6:10 PM

Please could someone set up a new Joe thread? It's paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 119September 22, 2022 6:30 PM

It's really nice to see Kit laughing freely again in the 'Hi' clip, without covering his mouth. The new teeth must be so freeing. I wonder if Joe will follow suit and replace the gap? Although his isn't quite as obvious as it's further back than Kit's gap was, so at least he can smile normally.

by Anonymousreply 120September 22, 2022 6:32 PM

R117, shame, she’s so pretty

by Anonymousreply 121September 22, 2022 6:33 PM

New Joe Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 22, 2022 6:49 PM

R111 What, they didn't cast Connor Jessup as David as Twitter stans DEMANDED?!

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2022 7:07 PM

Some of them were so sure that it was going to be Connor Jessup who was going to get casted as David Nelson. The same way they 'thought' that Ben won't be part of season 2 cause they said so. They think Alice and Netflix are just sat there to listen to all their demands.

by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2022 7:18 PM

Casted?!

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2022 7:20 PM

I hope they don’t write Kizzy’s transition (are they transitioning?) into the show. I think if you open the floodgates and start writing stuff into the show based on the actors the writing will get very messy, very quickly. Stick to the characters and what is true of them.

by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2022 8:02 PM

Kizzy must be in crisis not to hold off until the show finishes, especially if the seasons are shot back to back.

by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2022 8:04 PM

[Quote] start writing stuff into the show based on the actors

Ben should become Adorable!

by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2022 8:05 PM

Kizzy said in an interview (no idea which one) that Alice was supportive of her starting testosterone whilst filming, so she must be planning of it being explained somewhere in the show

by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2022 8:08 PM

Maybe Tara and Darcy will break up, and Darcy will start to date Imogen.

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2022 8:09 PM

Going to be interesting how they deal with it considering Tara is a lesbian and everything.

by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2022 8:12 PM

Like how quick does T take to show?

by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2022 8:13 PM

R132 Usually a year, so Darcy won’t look much different for season 2 but may look more different in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2022 8:15 PM

Are we talking full beard?

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2022 8:17 PM

Shaky asf, but, not seen this before, he knows how to treat them! Five guys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2022 8:30 PM

R135 Ha, when asked in an interview what food he would eat for the rest of his life (or something), he said he loves a burger.

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2022 8:32 PM

R135 Hey, Five Guys is expensive!

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2022 8:35 PM

r135 Katy Perry still has stans?

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2022 8:36 PM

Jenny left this comment on the David actor’s Instagram post, treating this as confirmation that they’re keeping the scene of Tori breaking David’s phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2022 9:14 PM

I know Kit was never much of a Twitter user but it would have been fun to have seen him and Joe interact off the back of today’s announcement.

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2022 9:21 PM

I lifted my Joe. What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2022 9:29 PM

R135 18 year old with a huge backpack just off of an hours-long train journey -- should he have taken her to the Savoy Grill?

by Anonymousreply 142September 23, 2022 1:14 AM

R112 Hmm. Not sure if I buy him and Kit as brothers. No real resemblance between them. But at least they didn't cast Grandpa Jessup.

by Anonymousreply 143September 23, 2022 1:19 AM

He looks slightly more like Olivia Colman than like Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 23, 2022 1:53 AM

R144 Ok, I can see the Coleman resemblance. Whoever they cast as Nick's dad should look more like Kit then. Do freckled, Ginger Frenchman exist?

by Anonymousreply 145September 23, 2022 7:50 AM

I'm interested to see Nick's dad. The casting of David is not bad.

by Anonymousreply 146September 23, 2022 12:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 23, 2022 1:06 PM

I enjoy all the French jokes at Kit's expense

by Anonymousreply 148September 23, 2022 1:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 23, 2022 2:31 PM

R149 I don’t want to shit on kids coming out or the show making them feel more confident. But I’ve seen so many do this kind of thing that it’s clear it’s just to post on social media and try to get the actor’s attention

by Anonymousreply 150September 23, 2022 2:34 PM

R147 They all look pretty much the same, except Kit is a bit taller. Now that Kizzy is taking testosterone, I'm dreading all the writing hoops Alice is going to have to jump through to explain Darcy's transition to a man, and make us somehow believe Tara would still want to be with her. We already have a trans character in Elle, and the more refreshing thing about that character was specifically because her storyline WASN'T fixated on her transition. Alice didn't define her by that, but instead focused on her adjusting to a new school (which anyone can relate to).

by Anonymousreply 151September 23, 2022 2:45 PM

R151 Kizzy has liked a few tweets that I’m guessing are maybe going to be woven into the storyline. I genuinely do not know the context or history of any of these at all so can’t comment. This is the first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 23, 2022 2:52 PM

R152 this is the second

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 23, 2022 2:53 PM

So Kizzy will just be a butch lesbian. Don't really feel that needs a whole lot of explaining unless Darcy starts sporting a full beard.

by Anonymousreply 154September 23, 2022 3:00 PM

Kit reposted Bash and him to his IG story 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2022 3:25 PM

R154 unless Darcy starts using he pronouns and they need to explain that. But hopefully they stick with butch lesbian or even non-binary/they pronouns so it doesn’t turn into a history lesson about the apparent use of T and he pronouns by butches. Between that and fan urging to have Imogen and Charlie relate over their anxiety re food as one has diabetes and one has an eating disorder (an actual suggestion I’ve seen) this show will have fully jumped the shark

by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2022 4:07 PM

Does Nick have much to do other than be supportive to Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2022 4:22 PM

He's got an asshole brother to deal with. If Ben gets with Imogen I guess he'll have that to worry about too.

by Anonymousreply 158September 23, 2022 4:24 PM

R157 in the comics this is really “Charlie’s time” / storyline but I’m sure for the show they’ll develop his plot line more. in Paris you see the first signs of him struggling with his fairly absent dad and then David his brother is homophobic; I presume they’ll expand both to give kit some stuff to work with. Plus he and his mum have a scene I’m sure they’ll include in the show of him confiding in her about Charlie’s issues and her encouraging him to push Charlie towards help

by Anonymousreply 159September 23, 2022 4:24 PM

Does Nick's Dad appear in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 160September 23, 2022 4:26 PM

He does, he visits Nick at one point. They (Nick’s family and Charlie’s family) have dinner together at Nick’s house, Nick’s brother is a douche, Nick comes out a little dramatically, his dad takes it well and expresses regret at being a shit father. If the book/season division stays around the same the dinner will happen at the end of season 3.

by Anonymousreply 161September 23, 2022 4:33 PM

If Netflix’s social media is any indicator, they are quite the Kit fan. I would bet they’ve encouraged Alice to beef up his parts quite a bit.

Speaking of Netflix, wonder when they’ll release Cuban Girls Guide.

by Anonymousreply 162September 23, 2022 4:47 PM

They do seem to like him, though they also like Joe and Bash. Don't remember them every promoting anyone else much. Kit will have a lot I'm sure

by Anonymousreply 163September 23, 2022 4:59 PM

Maia was tagged in an insta story with what looks like a bunch of frat boys. Kit commented on the post saying he would see them in LA 100%. Does anyone know who this person is? Is he famous or just a friend of Maia visiting the UK?

by Anonymousreply 164September 23, 2022 7:41 PM

They all friended him around the start of filming so I assume he’s in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 165September 23, 2022 7:49 PM

He just posted a shirtless pic on insta.

by Anonymousreply 166September 23, 2022 7:56 PM

R166 hopefully everyone can refrain from sexualizing because as per Twitter he hates that.

He looks good and from his post and maias comment could not be more eager for people to know he’s fucking her

by Anonymousreply 167September 23, 2022 7:59 PM

Yeah Maias comment is pretty telling. Also who else would be taking that pic of him?

by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2022 8:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 23, 2022 8:03 PM

Wonder if the Twitter fraus will calm down about the sexualizing stuff, it’s bizarre to me how they kept putting words in his mouth when he’s never commented on how he feels about that either way.

Maia’s tagged in the first picture and I’m pretty sure they’re mostly from the Paris trip? Him being transparent (and Maia being transparent with her comment) tracks with his issue not being that he was filmed with her, but with the queerbaiting discussion that followed the video coming out.

by Anonymousreply 170September 23, 2022 8:06 PM

He tagged her and is making obvious Maia is the one taking shirtless pictures of him. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 171September 23, 2022 8:14 PM

Interesting how he's so open about Maia... I mean she's absolutely beautiful so I don't blame him. I can't wait for Sof's clapback tiktok...

by Anonymousreply 172September 23, 2022 8:22 PM

Joe and bash it’s your turn. Post a photo from your Greek getaway, go on. R172 I think it’s hilarious that since Kit and bash unfollowed her she’s continued following them but randomly unfollowed poor joe in the last 2 days sometime. He’s innocent and still catching strays.

by Anonymousreply 173September 23, 2022 8:24 PM

R172 Which song do you think she’ll do a dead-eyed lipsynch to and are we thinking the guy she posted last time will be in it?

by Anonymousreply 174September 23, 2022 8:24 PM

Poor Joe. He didn't do anything. He hasn't followed her in ages though.

by Anonymousreply 175September 23, 2022 8:25 PM

R173 It’s so funny to me that as far as I know Joe never followed her even when she posted a picture with him in it…meanwhile he followed Maia as soon as he met her and likes all of her posts/comments on a bunch of them. Joe’s a little more discerning? Did Sof just give him bad vibes?

by Anonymousreply 176September 23, 2022 8:27 PM

R176 he still follows Sof from his finsta. I think he unfollowed functionally everyone not in “public life” at the same time pre show and she was included. Maia is famous so he followed her fast (though it seems willX bash, and Joe all like her more than Sof). He also doesn’t follow Will’s probable girlfriend or Kizzy’s partner, both of whom are just regular people

by Anonymousreply 177September 23, 2022 8:28 PM

I'm thinking her tiktok will be something along the lines of she can't treat you as good as I did, only I know the real you etc etc. Song guesses welcome

by Anonymousreply 178September 23, 2022 8:30 PM

r177 Will has a girlfriend? Tell me more.

by Anonymousreply 179September 23, 2022 8:30 PM

No he doesn’t. And he unfollowed Sof on tiktok today.

by Anonymousreply 180September 23, 2022 8:31 PM

R179 someone posted about it here a while ago. He’s apparently dating someone named Leyla; he, his sister, Kit, Kizzy, Corinna, Sof, and someone from the Trials all follow her on Instagram so while her profile is private it seems pretty likely they’re dating.

R180 sorry to be thick - which he is this? Joe or kit?

by Anonymousreply 181September 23, 2022 8:32 PM

I hope people aren’t confusing Will’s sister for a girlfriend…

by Anonymousreply 182September 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Joe's finsta still follows Sof, but not exactly sure he uses his finsta at all She doesn't follow Joe's finsta though. Joe got cut off!

by Anonymousreply 183September 23, 2022 8:36 PM

R183 I genuinely hate myself for knowing this but she never did. Joe and Bash both follow more people than they let follow them, I’m guessing primarily as a trust thing. Funny though

by Anonymousreply 184September 23, 2022 8:37 PM

Maybe she's triggered by Joe getting to kiss Kit

by Anonymousreply 185September 23, 2022 8:38 PM

He looks great, with an awesome body!

I wonder how long the relationship between Maia and Kit will last. He’s only 18 so one would assume not that long but, who knows. They are a very attractive couple that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 186September 23, 2022 8:39 PM

finstas: kit - seb.connor bash - nelltigerfreestanaccount joe - itsnotfunnehivegotskewl jenny - jendubzzzz will - colossolly alice - whatwedointhe rhea - _diarhea__

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 187September 23, 2022 8:41 PM

Sof is Sofwalksabout Maia is _maitaaa_

by Anonymousreply 188September 23, 2022 8:43 PM

r186 Hmm…I’ll say they stay together until shortly after the movie releases. Would maybe say longer if they didn’t live on different continents.

by Anonymousreply 189September 23, 2022 8:45 PM

I wonder will some of you turn on Maia the way you've turned on Sof...

by Anonymousreply 190September 23, 2022 8:49 PM

Who turned on who? Sof is pointless and a massive attention whore. Never should have known she existed in the first place, but she wanted attention.

by Anonymousreply 191September 23, 2022 8:50 PM

But didn't Kit promote her by appearing in her TikToks... Of course, you won't throw shade at him for that...

by Anonymousreply 192September 23, 2022 8:52 PM

I don’t recall anyone on DL liking Sof.

by Anonymousreply 193September 23, 2022 8:53 PM

R192 Kit has a reason for us to like him. What does Sof have? Her good hair can only go far. And even if he did do that, she still continued it forever. Not shading her, but seriously who gives a shit about her

by Anonymousreply 194September 23, 2022 8:56 PM

It's started... He literally posted it himself!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 23, 2022 8:56 PM

R187 tangential but Connor’s is itwasflat

by Anonymousreply 196September 23, 2022 8:56 PM

[Quote] Not shading her, but seriously who gives a shit about her

The people who are following her social media moves. Someone even admitted they know that she never followed Joe's finsta.

by Anonymousreply 197September 23, 2022 8:57 PM

R197 That's just being interested in the drama, not her as a person

Still want to know why she only unfollowed Joe.

by Anonymousreply 198September 23, 2022 8:59 PM

I am really surprised at how open Kit’s being about Maia. Not what I’d have expected from him at all, given this is still all pretty new between them.

by Anonymousreply 199September 23, 2022 8:59 PM

I'm not. They walked the streets of Paris hand-in-hand. Heartstopper is a hit around the world (if not the US).

by Anonymousreply 200September 23, 2022 9:00 PM

R197 I admitted how ashamed I was about that and yet it’s used against me…

To be fair I’m around the same age as most of the cast and am happy to be able to invest myself in gay rather than straight celebrity gossip. On the other hand I am legitimately embarrassed I’ve done this much of a deep dive.

by Anonymousreply 201September 23, 2022 9:03 PM

Yeah, I’ve left jokingly bitchy comments about Sof but ultimately I didn’t ever care about her and generally thought she was discussed too often on here for how boring she is and how she was never acknowledged as anything more than a friend (and she didn’t acknowledge Kit as anything more than a friend either). Respect to the one person that tried to make Mikaeel happen, he’s cuter and actually has his intelligence going for him.

Maybe I’ll call Maia a cradle-robber as a joke, but I genuinely do like her on her own merit.

by Anonymousreply 202September 23, 2022 9:04 PM

Apparently this is paywalled but who knows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 23, 2022 9:06 PM

R201 don’t be, I’m right there with you

by Anonymousreply 204September 23, 2022 9:09 PM

If she were as boring as you say, you wouldn't comment at all. Like I say, Maia will receive your wrath eventually.

by Anonymousreply 205September 23, 2022 10:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!