Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kitrina

Would you throw a tantrum on Twitter for being exposed as a queer-baiting heterosexual, DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 19, 2022 9:24 PM

Twitter is trying to cancel him. Lena Dunham needs to give him a role and save his career.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2022 4:45 PM

And some people wonder why some advocate gay/bi roles go to openly gay/bi actors

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2022 4:46 PM

🇫🇷

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2022 4:59 PM

This is just such an unnecessary drama. If only he could have let it go it’d have died down but now it’s getting picked up on all over the place which surely can’t be what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2022 5:03 PM

What is classed as queerbaiting nowadays? I feel like the word used to be used to describe TV shows/films where they'd hint at queer romances/storylines and then either just abandon them, or really stretch them out just so they could rope all the queer viewers in. But that doesn't fit with this situation at all - is it the ridiculously woke view that only queer people should play queer characters? In what way is he queerbaiting?

Jonathan Pie did a video on 'playing gay' and he absolutely hits the nail on the head. Actors are actors - just like you don't need hire an actual murderer to play a murderer, you don't need to hire a queer person to play a queer role. It is acting.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2022 5:12 PM

Don't you need to be hot to queerbait?!

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2022 5:17 PM

There are a lot of succesful gay male filmmakers and writers, but the twitter crowd only cares about actors. My Policeman is directed by a gay man and also wrriten by a gay man. Who cares if Harry Styles is a straight man playing gay? The whole thing is so weird to me.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2022 5:18 PM

If only Kit knew how to avoid things.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2022 5:20 PM

R6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2022 5:24 PM

God I hate this new generation R9

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2022 5:25 PM

Kit should just say that he had experiencies with men and women, even if it's a lie. It didn't hurt Tom Hardy. It's the only way they will leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2022 5:26 PM

Yeah, it's causing more trouble than it's worth to not say anything at this point. He's literally been driven off Twitter because of it.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2022 5:29 PM

Did he dug himself in a deeper hole or was it all pre planned ??

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2022 5:40 PM

kit was really dumb when he decided to tweet that. HS stans already disappeared the video but now he brought it more attention to it. Even a friend that doesn’t like HS message me asking me what was going on

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2022 5:40 PM

Someone posted a pic on bash’s thread. Bash, Tanner, Kit ,Maia and a balding guy is in it. They have all just become a huge group at this point now isn’t it ?

Hs cast x billy walsh cast x tea/ baking(whatever the hell) cast

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2022 5:45 PM

None of these people ever get cancelled for good. They all just fake their apologies and continue going about their lives as if everything is fine because they never actually experience any guilt because they don't know what they did wrong because they don't believe that what they did was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2022 5:46 PM

Who is Tanner?

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2022 5:46 PM

R17 Tanner Buchanan from Cobra Kai who's in a movie with Bash

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2022 5:49 PM

Tanner is a hottie. He's playing Bash's love rival in How to date Billy Walsh.

Tanner has a DL thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2022 5:51 PM

Kit, Bash, Maia and Tanner with Bash’s friend Sam back in York:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2022 6:03 PM

It’s not like Kit was active on Twitter, honestly thought he’d already deleted.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2022 6:07 PM

I hope he actually keeps it off his phone, unlike Joe who goes back and forth. If you deleted it for a reason, that reason won't have gone away the next time you reinstall it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2022 6:13 PM

He should hand it over to someone else to post work related things. Twitter keeps getting him in trouble

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2022 6:20 PM

R20 Seems like it was this day, so not a new picture of Kit and his maybe GF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2022 6:34 PM

Because we haven’t had enough drama DL, is Sof’s new tiktok a bit of a dig at Kit and Maia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2022 7:24 PM

Oh dear. These heteros are very dramatic

She can't lip sync for shit, but Sof's hair remains fabulous

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2022 7:28 PM

Kit should get papped with a guy next to put an end to those queerbaitor allegations.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2022 7:39 PM

R27 But then people will complain that Kit never stated his sexuality and that he shouldn't be outed.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2022 7:41 PM

R25 I don’t necessarily think it’s a dig, but how many times is she going to use Bound 2 as a tiktok sound? Also, just noticed she still has a tiktok with Kit pinned on her page.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2022 8:06 PM

Maybe r29, but between the timing and her liking this comment raises eyebrows to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2022 8:22 PM

Maybe you’re right, I just imagine it would require a certain level of delusion for her to post that as a dig to Maia.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2022 8:24 PM

R5 I wonder if Kit has a proper PR team. I would have thought so. However, with him shooting himself in the foot with this last tweet, I am not sure. Or perhaps, he is just very impulsive.

If he does have a PR team I would assume they will have him say something generic like I am queer and love people not genders during his next press tour. That will get people off his back and he will be able to date women in peace. No one ever expected or thought he was gay anyways.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2022 9:11 PM

R32 I was going to reply to R5 and then went on a tangent lol so forget my reply.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2022 9:13 PM

R32 His PR agency is Public Eyes Communications.

It probably is time for him to sit down and figure out what he’s doing here one way or another, but I also hope he’s talking to the people around him if this is affecting him this much. A lot of the cast and people like Connor J. liked his tweet, so I imagine they’ve been around for the build up of his frustration.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2022 9:18 PM

I decided to check Twitter and there’s now article written about him queerbaiting and it’s all because he posted that tweet 🙄 He really did this to himself.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2022 10:28 PM

Every week twitter has a different punching bag. It will go away, he just needs a 6 month break from social media.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2022 10:38 PM

Kit seems like a repeated punching bag. Not sure it'll really go away until he's done with HS. He doesn't help himself, but add in everyone hating HS fans and his weird answers about his sexuality and people are going to shit on him constantly if they get the chance.

I do think if he and Maia were anything it won't be for long.

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2022 10:45 PM

Sof’s public and Kit’s finsta are no longer following each other.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2022 10:46 PM

it makes sense, sof and kit started acting weird on social media deleting things and unfollowing/following each other around the time he met maia who seem to have fallen in love in a week but like miss rodrigo would say “it took you 2 weeks”

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2022 10:48 PM

He’s actually down 2 followers, this is all within an hour or so ago. Of course no way to know if the other one is Sof’s private but I’m willing to bet now.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2022 10:48 PM

Tangentially related but I don’t get this weird tangle of public and finsta followings the cast has. You would think they would just follow finstas with their finstas but a bunch of them follow finstas with their public accounts and make it easier for people to track them down.

Sof is still following Kit’s public account with her finsta and he’s still following her finsta with his public account, so it’s not a full purge yet.

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2022 10:56 PM

Team Sof and her good hair. She did not stick by him when he was a skinny ginger nobody to get dumped when he got hot and famous.

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2022 10:57 PM

Im still baffled that he dumped Sof like that. They were together for 2 years I think. He is nothing like Nick Nelson lol. Just shows what a great actor he is.

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2022 10:58 PM

I’m still baffled y’all are still going on about her at all. They both repeatedly said they were friends so who cares.

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2022 11:00 PM

R41 Joe and Bash's are especially funny since Kit and Connor follow them on their real accounts but Joe and Bash don't follow each other's finsta on their main accounts making it obvious who they are. . These kids need some lessons on how to hide shit.

R44 Come on now. They were fucking or at the very least she's mad about the new GF who took her place. Sof won't be getting Paris invites anytime soon. Though seems like she's rich so doesn't require his help for trips, so I'd guess it's more personal

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2022 11:01 PM

Both of her brothers still follow Kit and she’s not in her feelings enough to delete the video of him she has pinned on her tiktok. People have been reading too much into this whole thing from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2022 11:10 PM

With the drama that ensued last time I’m sure their public social media unfollowing will be a bit more calculated this time, especially after today. And he is likely still friends with Mikaeel despots whatever is going on with Sof, they obviously go way back.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2022 12:32 AM

I really don’t understand why Kit is so pressed. He must be struggling internally with something to get so offended by being called straight. I wonder what’s going on with him

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2022 1:03 AM

I feel like it’s obvious at this point.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2022 2:18 AM

I don’t know what’s going on but reading the Twitter thread in OP’s post these people believe an actor has to be the sexual orientation of the character they play on TV.

These younger generations are SO repressed by sexual identity, they are so consumed with labeling and boxing each other in (and then changing their minds when they feel like it) that it’s created unnecessary toxicity.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2022 2:27 AM

R48 He seems impulsive and sensitive. Never forget he got offended by someone calling him a gym bro once. Does he have deep seated issues with the gym? No, he just can't handle negative comments and keeps searching for them for some reason.

But I'd guess it's

He's straight and fucked up by saying he knows his sexuality and is very secure but won't say it He's bi/gay and doesn't want to say out of fear that it'll harm his career.

Anyway, the whole issue with Kit's sexuality is fucking stupid espeically since HS is written by an aroace woman and is about a romantic relationship between two men. And Joe's the only one who matches his sexuality with his character from what we know.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2022 2:43 AM

R50 some of the problem is Alice initially mentioned casting the roles authentically. Obviously you can’t ask kids their sexual orientation so they had to word the open call a bit more generically, but people have taken that initial statement as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2022 3:31 AM

Can’t really see much specifically, but this person does live in the town where they shoot Truham stuff (they have videos touring the school from earlier in the year on their account).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2022 4:56 AM

So he’s been exposed as a supporter of the British monarchy and being a straight man who’s deliberately vague about his sexuality for clout? And now he feels sorry for himself? Rough week for Kit!

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2022 7:25 AM

I haven’t seen him like anything to do with the Queen? Bash liked a few tweets though.

And seeing the up above comments on Sof and Kit - I too don’t get the point of their finstas that clearly aren’t used much, judging by the low number of posts etc. But Sof is clearly fuming, and her tiktok wasn’t very subtle . A woman scorned and all that… that…

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2022 7:41 AM

Kit is the breakout star of an ongoing series in which he plays a bisexual kid in a same-sex relationship. Almost all of his supporting cast are some flavour of 'queer'. I do not for a minute question his sincere allyship, but it seems it has been a struggle how best to seamlessly demonstrate that.

He must be under enormous pressure, a reserved teenager just out of school with millions of hormonal stans suddenly watching and judging his every move: his hair, his clothes, his relationships, every utterance, whom he follows on social media, whom he re-tweets. And he is working seemingly non-stop between filming, rehearsals, travel, public appearances, and other PR events. He is fucking 18.

He is pretty clearly not gay, I myself would honestly be surprised were he other than straight, and it is a shame some Twitter fumbling on his part has made this an issue. But, in the final analysis, Kit Connor owes the public fucking *nothing* but the best performance he can deliver. I hope he really does delete the Twitter app.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2022 7:54 AM

R56. Hear, Hear.🙌🏾

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2022 7:58 AM

It all really comes down to whether you think Kit is a manipulative liar or not.

Either he's completely lying about his sexuality to exploit the LGBTQ+ community or he's being genuine when he's implying he's not straight.

I just don't think he would be putting himself through all this nonsense if he really was straight. What's the point, when it would be a million times easier to just confirm he's straight or not say anything at all?

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2022 8:45 AM

R58: totally agree

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Are we really living in a time where people are being persecuted for being straight rather for being gay? How interesting.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2022 8:56 AM

R55 Bash only liked a tweet about actresses who have played the queen and Lil Nas X’s tweet. I saw some people calling Bash disrespectful for it, they’re never happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2022 9:03 AM

Queerbaiting trash

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2022 9:34 AM

R58 If he was lying I sincerely doubt the cast would have flocked to like his tweet, or that Joe would have retweeted it, or that Alice would have liked a tweet about leaving Kit alone. Joe especially is super conscientious about queer issues.

R61 Bash is an overprivileged, British white guy from a family that probably has a crest and shit, of course he’s into the Queen/the monarchy. But Twitter/Instagram likes about it aren’t worth getting into a tizzy over, it’s not like he’s out there defending colonialism or something.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2022 9:49 AM

Isn’t Kit an overprivileged, British white guy R63? Bash is Greek-Cypriot on his mother’s side.

Kit’s parents are really rich and work in pr/advertising.

Will comes from a wealthy family too.

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2022 10:06 AM

It could be neither. Saying he's lying or manipulating people for his own personal gain puts a really negative spin on the whole thing. Kit's young, introverted and not all that confident in himself he's mentioned. And in general seems like good guy, so it's not really shocking the cast are going to support him when he's being accused of such negative things. Even if he's straight they would do that? It's fucking stupid to accuse an actor of queerbaiting

The whole situation was just handle badly and it's not something he can exactly backtrack on now.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2022 10:07 AM

kit’s parents work in PR but can’t give him advise or at least take his phone away from him …

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2022 10:07 AM

The whole situation could've been easily avoided if Kit only knew how to ignore things.

His tweet is what's caused this thing to spiral into something a lot bigger than it actually was. He must've thought let's tweet something to get sympathy from my unhinged fans and now the whole thing has become so messy. Must be a headache for his PR team.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2022 10:13 AM

They’re both privileged but Bash is old money with old family history that carries a different level of privilege and is generally more royalist. There’s a reason why his clothing are infinitely more expensive than everyone else’s bar probably Yaz.

Kit’s parents work in advertising, not in PR in the sense that you’re thinking of R66.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2022 10:14 AM

R67 Pretty much. He's done this more than once too, it's how he got into this situation to start with. Almost felt bad for Kit stans yesterday. They were trying hard to spin things and harass people into deleting the video, almost were successful then a big acct for the movie on IG reblogged the video and then Kit had a hissy fit and he got articles written about him. It was literally dying out everywhere when he woke up and chose violence once again.

He needs to take a few minutes and think about if he really wants to send something out to the world before doing it.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2022 10:17 AM

This whole situation feels messier on here than it actually is in reality. Twitter itself is basically mostly comprised of the terminally online, nobody outside of Twitter knows or cares about this. It’s not really gaining traction outside of stan/fandom circles. The one article I’ve seen written about it by a site more than 10 people are familiar with (Queerty) was sympathetic of Kit. The viral tweets about the situation have been on Kit’s side (will link one I saw as an example). Something else will happen and everyone will move on to the next thing. The people who think he’s queerbaiting will continue to think so, the people who think he’s not won’t. Rinse and repeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2022 10:22 AM

The whole queerbaiting thing wasn't even what 95% of the comments were talking about either. I guess the people who wrote the tweet just found the most negative ones and ignored everything else.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2022 10:25 AM

His PR team need to get a grip.

I’m also not sure why he never posts about any of his work gigs. There was no wrap message once he was done in York, which isn’t really the done thing, surely? I’d have thought that was a standard requirement, to thank everyone. He just slides in and slides out with minimal fuss.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2022 10:31 AM

Such a shame that his beautiful lips will probably never suck a big, veiny and thick white cock. Not to mention that his pink asshole will probably never be used too.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2022 10:32 AM

People are being understanding from what I’ve checked in the replies because they think he’s bi or whatever unlabelled means. His stans are spinning this as well saying they are just friends that hold hands or that the video shouldn’t be out bc of their privacy. If he’s officially straight then I think it will become another thing.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2022 11:13 AM

If I were Maia, I would break up with him. Imagine being with someone that gets angry somebody bc saw you together

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2022 11:16 AM

[quote] They’re both privileged but Bash is old money with old family history that carries a different level of privilege and is generally more royalist.

You know shit! FYI Cyprus was a British Crown Colony and Cypriots fought for years for their independence. There's still British Military Bases on the island to this day. So I very much doubt Bash's mother is a royalist.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Yeah, except a quick look at Bash’s mom’s Twitter likes would contradict your comment. And his mom’s side isn’t the only side of his family, funnily enough.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2022 11:21 AM

R75 I’d be surprised if they don’t break up soon regardless (if there’s anything to break up, not sure how casual it is), but I don’t think we know if Kit was angry because he was recorded without consent or whatever or because the video triggered another wave of the queerbaiting comments.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2022 11:26 AM

Would be genuinely kind of funny if they were casual and decided to use the weekend as a last fling, “we’ll always have Paris” kind of thing only to be spotted together right at the end

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2022 11:29 AM

r79 "We'll always have Paris" is an adult concept, they're way too young to grasp something like that. Everything is all so immediate and forever for very young people like them, they don't do nostalgic romantic goodbyes like that.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2022 11:33 AM

R68

[quote] They’re both privileged but Bash is old money with old family history that carries a different level of privilege and is generally more royalist. There’s a reason why his clothing are infinitely more expensive than everyone else’s bar probably Yaz.

That's what it comes down to, isn't it? That he's rich! Well, suck it up hon!

R77 liking a couple of tweets about a 96 year old dead woman doesn't make you a royalist. And being rich doesn't automatically make you one either.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Given that there’s clearly no point in continuing to engage when your comprehension abilities are that low, I’ll just go ahead and say that he’s not going to fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2022 11:41 AM

R82 i assume you're talking to me.

Well, I'm sorry my english isn't up to your high standards but in case you didn't know English isn't everyone's mother tongue, however, i'll try to do better next time, just for you.

I'm sure you can understand this though, fuck off you fucking twat. How was that?

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2022 12:17 PM

Anyway… re R53 is that from yesterday supposedly? Interesting, I wouldn’t think they’d be back filming so fast but I suppose it would line up with the September 13 date I honestly thought was made up at first. Bizarre that they planned to start either rehearsals or filming, then immediately break for the NTAs, but I guess the rescheduling may have worked in their favour there.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2022 12:20 PM

R84 Yeah, I’m really surprised that the date wound up being accurate. I also didn’t notice this until I read the comments later, but you can see the dog that plays Nellie running in the background.

Obviously guesswork at this point, but maybe they had set up the shoot/rehearsal schedule so that the latter half of the week was the teachers or something to allow the younger cast to attend the NTA and stay on schedule.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2022 12:36 PM

Looks like they did actually start filming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2022 12:42 PM

Alice not happy Cori posted that. It’s been taken down!

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2022 3:28 PM

Pink news weighing in on the Kit thing. I guess if he wanted to get attention and sympathy regarding the relatively few queer baiting accusations he certainly succeeded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Let’s wait after HS4 when he comes out as straight

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2022 3:50 PM

From his costar (plays Darcy in the show):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2022 3:56 PM

They really baby him don't they?

Life must be really hard for him. Being white, straight passing and being the most popular out of all the cast members and then getting worked up cause he was found to be dating a girl. All this can be really taxing for poor Kit.

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2022 4:03 PM

R88 Lol, the actual article talks about 'holding hands with a female friend'.... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2022 4:07 PM

Kit needs to give Kizzy her phone back (he’ll be back on Twitter soon enough).

Still at least it looks like they’re actually having some fun on set. I have no idea where he’s had the time to learn his lines while filming.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2022 4:08 PM

There are truly a lot of cold-hearted dicks on this website. None of us are famous and have no clue of what that overwhelming experience is like, and what we observe of Kit's situation is only the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot of 'he's white, he's rich, poor him' - being white and having money is a privilege in some ways but it doesn't remove the real issues of online bullying, low self-esteem, anxiety, thousands of people suddenly having an opinion of you, having your every move analysed within an inch of its life. For an introverted person, this whole experience must be pretty awful - in ways that we can't possibly appreciate because we haven't lived it. And it came from nowhere, as well - before Heartstopper, he had 10,000 followers on Instagram, and said he'd been recognised on the street maybe once or twice in his entire life.

Also, he's literally still a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2022 4:16 PM

It's DL not twitter.. This is nothing. And he's still barely famous.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2022 4:19 PM

Let's talk when he gets hate like how Joe received and still gets up till now. Joe literally got death threats thrown his way.

Until then, not going to feel bad for someone who literally has it so easy as compared to the others. Like life must be hard for people who get spotted holding hands with the girl they be dating.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2022 4:25 PM

R94 I think very few people are saying he has no right to feel uncomfortable or pissy. People are literally saying his tweet was dramatic and unnecessary and had the impact of drawing loads of attention that otherwise wouldn’t have been there. I know from your comments you seem to prefer him to Joe and think Joe should also write tweets snapping back; not sure why it’s ok for you to judge Joe going back and forth on deleting Twitter but no one can say your darling Kit could be a bit more prudent.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2022 4:25 PM

R97 I've literally read dozens of comments on DL since yesterday with a very similar 'oh poor Kit, life is so hard when you're white and straight, he just needs to get over himself' theme. Almost no comments are recognising that it's likely a hard situation for him. These threads become vaguely civilised for a while (if still mildly bitchy, which I quite enjoy) and then something like this happens and suddenly it's a cesspit.

Lol I have zero preference between Kit and Joe. I don't think Kit's tweet was amazingly worded, but I think it's more effective to voice an issue sometimes so it's brought to light. A tad strange that you'd look through my previous comments as if to find some kind of ammunition, but have at it. I'm just trying to bring a shred of empathy into this thread.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2022 4:37 PM

I also woudln't be too shocked if his agency was behind some of this. They've taken a dumb thing he's done (holding holds in Paris in full view of the public) and turned into it a poor Kit pity party. Weird the complaint is accusations of queerbaiting again and not a general respecting his privacy, which is what most of the comments were about.

Of course, unlike Joe, he doesn't actually have to answer why he was suspiciously coupley with this person. Not saying he should have to, but the subject was completely changed. And speaking of, it's just annoying as shit Joe's gotten so much hate and has all but left social media and Kit gets the boohoo headlines because he was a moron. But yeah, let's cry over poor Kit again.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2022 4:40 PM

R10, well I'm sure "this generation" hates you, too. It's elderly people, not the young, who are responsible for Trump and the MAGA movement. Young people are also way more likely to support gay marriage and gay rights in general

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote]looking forward to being called a frau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2022 4:41 PM

Joe should've thrown a pity party just like Kit did. And it would have been justified as well on his part cause people were legit sending him death threats all cause a show got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2022 4:42 PM

Joe has been treated the worse with Bash as a close second imo. I do wish both of them would have had more support.

That being said, I still feel for Kit. He seems quite overwhelmed and sensitive and I think the queerbaiting thing has run it’s course. People need to get over it. He isn’t queerbaiting anyone. I do think his tweet made things worse.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2022 4:54 PM

Digital Spy has picked up on the tweet now.

I know there are some here who have little patience with Kit but he’s still only 18 and has to see his sexuality being scrutinised and discussed endlessly all over social media as soon as he breathes. That’s a lot to deal with alongside his newfound fame and while I think he’s a bit hotheaded and rises to the bait too fast he needs to be cut some slack.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2022 5:09 PM

My life is OVER!!!

My hopes are dashed!!!

And so forth...

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2022 5:12 PM

R104 I enjoy the rewriting history as if this is just about his sexuality and he doesn't pop off randomly about someone making fun of his tank top. He's a very sensitive boy.

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2022 5:16 PM

Lot of resentful black people on DL. It's probably hard knowing blacks are the least sexually desirable group of people to gay men. I personally think Jesse Williams is the only attractive black male on this planet, and that's because his mother is white. My dick gets soft everytime I unintentionally see a black body on xhamster/xvideos. You can complain about his whiteness all you want, it will not change the fact that a big uncut white cock is the best thing in the world.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2022 5:31 PM

It seems many of you feel the gym bro comment was Kit upset. I honestly can’t read that tweet as anything but a joke. Maybe it’s just me but, I really don’t think he was having a hissy fit about his tank top lol

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2022 6:00 PM

Hopefully not too sensitive 106, although at least at a18 he should still have a nice quick turnaround.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2022 6:11 PM

How awful for Kit that he has to deal with the gays for at least 2 more seasons. He’s going to have to keep hiding his gfs and being a closeted straight until 2024

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2022 6:18 PM

I don’t understand famous people whinging about online harassment. Here’s what to do:

1. Use your public account very sparingly to promote your work, your interviews. Post & then switch it off. Don’t read the comments. Don’t go back on. 2. Get a private account that only friends & family know about. Continue to use social media like a normal person there. 3. Don’t Google or search your name on any of these platforms. Don’t read the papers (if famous enough to be in them). 4. Go about your life detached from social media & enjoy being famous & doing cool stuff.

Really not hard to ignore shit online. Just don’t read it.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2022 6:32 PM

I mean, of course Kit could have dealt with it differently but like someone mentioned upthread, he’s 18. This is someone that was in school a couple of months ago and went from 0 to 60 very, very quickly. I don’t blame him and I don’t blame Joe for ever lashing out on Twitter and then for leaving altogether given the mountain of shit they both get. They’re young and they’re human.

For better or for worse, those two are the face of the show so they’ll always get more attention and be under more scrutiny than the rest. I was 0% surprised that Joe broke his Twitter moratorium and was the one to retweet Kit’s tweet.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2022 6:37 PM

I hope the person that was videoing the set yesterday gets something better than a blurry video at some point because this is just sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2022 6:46 PM

To the pos above who is racist pls go screw yourself and crawl back to your hole. Instead of projecting your racist rant and saying 'lot of black people on dl, it's probably hard knowing blacks are the least sexually desirable group of people...' like wtf is wrong with you??? How and why did you choose to come on here and do a 360 and decide it'll be good idea for your ugly self to be racist? Do you feel better by acting like a disgusting individual?

P.s try not to slam your head on the way out

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2022 6:56 PM

A magazine he did a few months ago, Lewis, added 2 more covers and are reselling it. Posted a video of parts of the shoot too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2022 7:52 PM

I think someone is enjoying the attention. Just look at the comments, I mean, good for her, my guess is it’s her brother in the video, the hands are not pale enough for Kit. Her hair is insane though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2022 8:36 PM

R116 There's something very irritating about her, I have to say. Admittedly good hair, though.

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2022 8:58 PM

Was she posting these sorts of teasers before the falling out / breakup / whatever became public knowledge? They seem fairly pointed.

She also seems to have forgotten that without Kit she’s just a private person who isn’t very interesting - and however hard she tries to make herself relevant his followers will quickly tire of her.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2022 10:06 PM

She started following a bunch of modeling agencies on insta so I guess that’s her next goal.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2022 10:09 PM

Out of curiosity I perused Maia and her ex’s instas. Looks like they were still together when she went to LA for the PLL premiere and to chemistry read with Kit. So maybe Kit is just what she needs, a sweet little rebound, or perhaps our boy is the reason for the breakup?

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2022 5:00 AM

Scandalous!

Kit follows her (cute and def gay) brother on IG. Sof and Mik have been replaced.

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2022 5:24 AM

Anyway, in more interesting things I have a feeling this extra isn’t going to be an extra for much longer. You can see the cast together/in costume in the last third of this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2022 6:12 AM

Screenshot for when it’s deleted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2022 6:14 AM

R122

[quote]This is just a behind the scenes of what it’s like being an extra on the show. If production see this I made sure I didn’t leak or share anything

Hahahaha. My man...you aren't the brightest.

by Anonymousreply 124September 14, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]Tangentially related but I don’t get this weird tangle of public and finsta followings the cast has. You would think they would just follow finstas with their finstas but a bunch of them follow finstas with their public accounts and make it easier for people to track them down.

It's on purpose. There are a lot of people who like to play Miss Marple with social media accounts and find the finsta of someone famous, watch who follows who, who unfollows who, all that junk. It's an easy way for the cast and crew to create a kind of blind item and discussion and fake drama without actually having to be embroiled in drama. Someone tweets or Instas something controversial, they all start following and unfollowing, some like the post and some don't, people go private, they come back, they disappear, it's all a game.

by Anonymousreply 125September 14, 2022 6:27 AM

r114, that's probably the racist troll we have on here who has multiple accounts. One account is named "trixie" and he was posting the n-word repeatedly in the "Violent Anglo-rillas" thread yesterday, and it's still not grayed out. When he gets on a tear like this, he shows up in all sorts of threads and gets really racist.

All I can do is recommend you FF him, but he's been around for over a year and there's no sign that any moderator is even paying attention to the FFs he gets. The "trixie" account alone should have been redtagged and banned a LONG time ago.

by Anonymousreply 126September 14, 2022 6:31 AM

R123 Kit looks great in that tailored shirt!

by Anonymousreply 127September 14, 2022 6:36 AM

The extra underestimated the fans when he said he wasn’t spoiling anything, this is the meeting before the Paris trip (French flag on the screen) and I’m assuming the person with the Ajayi actor is the person who’s playing Farouk. The extra also commented that he won’t be part of the Paris shoot because it conflicts with another job and that he thinks they’re going to Paris next month and has to double check. Alice mentioned a couple of days ago that she might not be able to go to the NTA because of a conflicting event, hopefully it’s not the Paris shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 14, 2022 6:50 AM

Yeah, spoils Ben's going to be in S2 as well.

by Anonymousreply 129September 14, 2022 6:55 AM

I mean, is any one really spoiled by that R129?

by Anonymousreply 130September 14, 2022 7:17 AM

Alice liked this tweet, so they’re aware of that extra now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 14, 2022 7:18 AM

And the video is gone but of course, edits are already circulating on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 14, 2022 7:20 AM

Wtf? I swear to god, the know-it-all twat never sleeps, she's here posting 24/7.

How was my English, good enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 133September 14, 2022 7:23 AM

R130 They are morons, so yes they didn't expect more Ben. Or more likely they were lying to themselves about it. Right now the cope is they paid Bash to be a background extra.

RIP Mr. Extra! Thanks for your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 134September 14, 2022 7:24 AM

There was a call out for French LGBT extras to act as couples for early (maybe 4) October that someone posted on Twitter- notice was in French. Show had a code name but must surely be HS.

by Anonymousreply 135September 14, 2022 11:23 AM

Are they already filming? I’ll admit I know absolutely nothing about acting but don’t they rehearse first? I remember seeing all those photos of the cast in rehearsal last time. I feel like they jumped right into filming.

by Anonymousreply 136September 14, 2022 11:26 AM

Yesterday was the first day. Maybe they did it Monday. Honestly, it's 8 30 minute episodes without the deepest dialogue in the world. Doubt it takes much for them to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 137September 14, 2022 11:29 AM

R136 Yeah, I wondered that too - but they shouldn't need as much rehearsal as the first season, because a big part of that was building relationships/chemistry, and introducing the mostly brand new actors to what filming entails.

by Anonymousreply 138September 14, 2022 11:32 AM

That extra is a proper dingbat - doubt they'll have a job much longer. I've done some supporting artist work - I was booked to be in the latest Batman film in 2020 (which was then cancelled and later recast cos of the pandemic) and at the costume fitting we were all sat down and given a very serious talk about keeping everything confidential and how they'll come after us and sue us for five million dollars (no joke) if anything is leaked. I've also been on jobs where they confiscate all SA's phones for the day so nothing can be put on social media.

by Anonymousreply 139September 14, 2022 11:41 AM

He said he didn't sign an NDA and if you see this I'm not spoiling anything as an excuse, but then in comments kept digging a bigger hole by giving information. He's actually a return extra to the show. I'd guess they weren't so picky last time around.

I'm sure the cast is going to post a picture together to announce filming soon while giving more hints like that IG story yesterday throughout the week.

by Anonymousreply 140September 14, 2022 11:55 AM

R136 They did a week of rehearsals followed by a day to read through the season last time, so you’re remembering correctly. I wonder if Alice finished all of the scripts or if they’re rehearsing each episode as they go because they’re not done yet.

R139 Yep, every set I’ve worked on has confiscated phones. I wouldn’t be surprised if this extra fucked it up for everyone else and they start doing this on the HS set as well. Alice and Patrick were both liking multiple tweets about the situation and Cori had liked one earlier that implied that Alice had her delete that super mild story she posted, which feels excessive but I would guess Netflix wants to coordinate on a first look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 14, 2022 12:08 PM

Attitude magazine also posted about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 14, 2022 12:35 PM

Genuinely while I did think his tweet would draw more attention than just ignoring it and deleting the app silently would, I’m actually surprised someone posting a pissed off tweet that doesn’t even mention queerbaiting being what upset him has generated so many stories.

Related note, as Attitude posted about it, I wonder if any of the actors or the show will get any awards at their October ceremony? Show could be up for Gamechanger (It’s a Sun won last year) and Joe or Kit might have a chance for breakthrough. Yaz got an icon award from them a month or so back but apparently that’s different.

by Anonymousreply 143September 14, 2022 12:59 PM

All the articles - and they keep on coming - and BTL comments have been pretty supportive. Maybe his PR team are briefing them?

by Anonymousreply 144September 14, 2022 1:56 PM

Someone found “charlie’s” account that is used in the show to dm nick. They posted it on bash’s thread . Did anyone got nick’s account that was used in the show ???

by Anonymousreply 145September 14, 2022 3:34 PM

R145 I've seen them floating around for ages - you can see their usernames in the show, they're just privated accounts. Nick's is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 14, 2022 4:04 PM

This could be when we get a first look at the next season. They’re teasing new content and Tobie is the rep for HS in the video so it could be a bit of his vlog or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 14, 2022 8:11 PM

R147 Hmm, that'd be nice but a) it's airing in just over a week so there wouldn't be much vlog footage to show, and b) I get the impression that there won't be as much vlog footage this time round anyway, because of the overanalysing of the S1 vlogs by fans.

Some extra outtakes from S1 would be cool though, cos they only released about two minutes' worth. But probably unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 148September 15, 2022 12:25 PM

Maybe it will be new cast announcements.

by Anonymousreply 149September 15, 2022 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2022 9:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2022 9:37 AM

Kit lives in that fucking jacket!

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2022 9:46 AM

What event are those pictures from?

by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2022 9:48 AM

A con going on right now.

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2022 10:20 AM

Kit was wearing glasses and took them off so apparently he can't see shit atm. Maybe it helps.

Also he said he's going to NTAs

by Anonymousreply 155September 17, 2022 10:23 AM

Kit got a B, B, C on his A-levels and said it's a sensitive subject. UK friends will have to let us know if that's good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 156September 17, 2022 11:12 AM

Kit is nothing else but a pathetic straight queerbaiter. He doesn't want to be honest about his sexuality, so people call him out on it. Instead of being honest that he's actually straight he deletes his whole twitter! LOOOOL. He looks guilty af.

by Anonymousreply 157September 17, 2022 11:16 AM

R156 I'm in the UK and that's reasonable but not great. I don't know tons about it though. He got a B in drama, which is quite funny - but I know a lot of drama A level is essay writing rather than actually acting, which might not be his forte.

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2022 11:22 AM

I've seen a few comments saying that Kit is laughing and smiling without covering his mouth, and then I saw this photo - seems the missing tooth has been replaced! Either that or it's a temporary denture/bridge that he can wear at certain times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Wearing his glasses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2022 12:18 PM

This is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2022 12:34 PM

R160 He looks good there - although he's definitely had a Nick Nelson haircut.

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2022 12:37 PM

I expected it, but this con is like 90% Kit content.

by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2022 12:39 PM

I’m sure someone on here is going to turn this into a thing, but he’s funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2022 12:40 PM

I mean, it's funny he can laugh at himself. He a sensitive little thing, but seems like a really nice guy

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2022 12:42 PM

He looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2022 12:52 PM

Opening thing where everyone said a little something - and they hadn't been warned beforehand so were all a bit flustered. I'm sensing more and more that Kit uses dry, deadpan humour to cover up shyness and insecurity.

Also cute moment where Kit rubs Bash's back after he speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2022 1:12 PM

During his solo shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2022 1:32 PM

This is the girl he joked with about canceling on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2022 1:35 PM

R169 Ha, love that. Also how the heck do you record a video of your phone taking a photo?!

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2022 1:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2022 1:49 PM

R170 There’s a screen recording feature on iPhones and also some apps that do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2022 1:52 PM

LOL this person forgot to tell Kit to flip the bird so she's going it alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2022 1:54 PM

R173 I’ve seen so many of these poor girls freaking out on the spot and messing up their shoots, it’s hilarious.

This is a cute one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Hmmm.

Also not sure if this is the same person, but there was apparently a man in his 40s/50s who met Kit and said he had a 'gorgeous smile'. Yuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2022 2:03 PM

Not a single good dancer in this group, they’re all dad dancers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2022 2:10 PM

Kit looks quite adorable in a lot of these photos. The Nick haircut seems to bring out his baby face lol

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2022 2:42 PM

Sweet - although I wonder if they feel awkward doing this kind of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2022 3:22 PM

Joe’s probably happy to not be in the middle this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2022 3:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2022 3:37 PM

They all look great! The Nick haircut definitely "de-ages" Kit quite a bit. It'll be interesting in the new season since there's more heavy storyline and a lot of PDA.

by Anonymousreply 181September 17, 2022 4:18 PM

R181 We’ll see about that…

by Anonymousreply 182September 17, 2022 4:20 PM

Looking forward to Kit’s awful French.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2022 5:56 PM

It’s a quote from the book and show R184, the girl who met him is bisexual and told him.

by Anonymousreply 185September 17, 2022 6:01 PM

R184 He could've wrote anything, and he chose to write that. Hmmm He definitely is being cheeky here, I think. Is he just quoting the show, or again hinting he's not straight. Also...I noticed he's wearing a rainbow bracelet.

by Anonymousreply 186September 17, 2022 6:10 PM

R186 The four of them were given those rainbow bracelets by a fan. Kit took off his but here Joe and Bash are wearing theirs:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 17, 2022 6:15 PM

Here's wearing it in some photos and not others. Oh well. Guess I read too much into that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 17, 2022 6:17 PM

Kit still has his on. He did a couple of meets and shoots before he was given the bracelet at the group shoots but has kept it on since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 17, 2022 6:18 PM

Fans have gotten better about asking for poses as the con goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 17, 2022 6:21 PM

Really does seem like a great guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 17, 2022 6:24 PM

R191 that’s really nice. Obviously it’s a fan convention so they’re paid to be decent to fans but I will say all four have gotten really glowing remarks about how nice and attentive they are and how closely they pay attention to whoever they’re speaking with. The whole cast seems like genuinely sweet kids.

by Anonymousreply 192September 17, 2022 6:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 17, 2022 6:57 PM

Omg some of these are so cringe lol. But it's all in good fun so carry on. Glad they are being good sports.

by Anonymousreply 194September 17, 2022 6:58 PM

Some of these fans are really creative. haha

The one at R193 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 195September 17, 2022 7:00 PM

Kit is looking fantastic. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 196September 17, 2022 7:03 PM

Feel bad for Kit cause he's got the most unhinged fanbase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 17, 2022 7:16 PM

R197 They didn't follow Joe to his hotel, they didn't let him leave from the con hotel in peace in the car waiting. So yeah, Kit wins the crazy fan award

by Anonymousreply 198September 17, 2022 7:27 PM

How do people know that they followed Kit home, specifically? I guess they just followed him out of the building... I hope it doesn't mean they drove after him or something. Or maybe he got the train home and they followed.

by Anonymousreply 199September 17, 2022 7:39 PM

R199 Considering the exaggeration in the tweet, they probably just followed him out the door

by Anonymousreply 200September 17, 2022 7:42 PM

Yeah, there does seem to be a contingent of Kit's fanbase who get off on feeling like his protector or something. They freak out and exaggerate even the smallest perceived slight to him, while getting to feel superior like they're his "real fans" who aren't crazy like those freaks with no boundaries. It's rings so much like the "I'm not like other girls" trope. Meanwhile, at the end of the day, you're all paying hundreds of dollars to take silly pictures with actors you've developed a parasocial bond with because you can't separate reality from fantasy. You're all in the same crazy boat, girls.

by Anonymousreply 201September 17, 2022 7:54 PM

Someone apparently audio recorded both the Joe/Kit panel and Kit saying 'I was joking, darling' to Joe (which I just know is gonna be the sarkiest thing ever) - they're planning to upload tonight when they get home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 17, 2022 8:34 PM

Most of those fan photos made me fucking cringe tbh, would love to see the cast's texts to each other after the event. "I'm crying!!!"

Those HS kids really have a lot of poise and came across very well. And Kit is really growing into his looks, wow he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 203September 17, 2022 8:53 PM

Interesting how he had his new tooth and yet I didn't come across a single photo with fans where he smiled with teeth.

by Anonymousreply 204September 17, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote] It's rings so much like the "I'm not like other girls" trope

R201 thinking they’re on so superior to it all

by Anonymousreply 205September 17, 2022 9:01 PM

R204 Just out habit, I'd assume. He's been smiling with his mouth closed for years and it's probably just instinctive at this stage.

by Anonymousreply 206September 17, 2022 9:06 PM

R206 Yeah, true. I hope it's a permanent tooth (not like whatever Joe briefly had) cos it'll be quite freeing for him. And we might actually be able to hear and see him laugh like a normal person, haha.

by Anonymousreply 207September 17, 2022 9:10 PM

Uh oh. Seems Lucy is the person who waited outside the restaurant the cast were eating in and then followed them back to their taxi... she's also the person that seems to pop up everywhere and magically met the cast late at night after Joe's show when they were a bit drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 17, 2022 9:42 PM

I think she just waited by the hotel doors while they were trying to go get their cars/taxis. She went to the con too. Not sure she waited until they ate and then did it. She seems like a fucking weirdo being nearly 30 years old and doing this crap, but things are being a exaggerated. But she's a pretty obvious Kit stalker.

by Anonymousreply 209September 17, 2022 9:53 PM

R209 There was a tweet from someone saying that she waited outside their restaurant and then forced them into conversation as they were going to get a taxi... not sure how true all that is, but I wouldn't put it past her at this point.

by Anonymousreply 210September 17, 2022 9:56 PM

R210 Jesus that is so entirely inappropriate and creepy, these are teenagers, what twisted shit is going on in this woman's head?!

Seemingly 95%+ of the event attendees were female, I will never really understand young women's obsessive attraction to gay stories and the actors who perform in them. What do they get out of this?

by Anonymousreply 211September 17, 2022 10:04 PM

Please could someone set up a new Joe thread? The other one is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 212September 17, 2022 10:11 PM

R204, R206, R207, etc… It’s my understanding that, when one loses a tooth, unless one wears a bridge, the other teeth move to fill the space somewhat. I know these guys will have the money to get implants and are actors, so appearance is important, but why don’t they have bridges (or do they)?

(My English mum had several teeth yanked as a child, then had a fake-tooth bridge but failed to wear it. Now her teeth are janky af.)

Then again, my gen-z kid refused to wear a retainer after very necessary dental surgery and braces and says he likes his imperfect teeth, so…🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 213September 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Here R212

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Audio from r202

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Are we sure Kit fixed his teeth? Cause in the panel video the gap can be still seen in this frame when you zoom in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 17, 2022 11:45 PM

R209 Can you imagine what the cast is saying about these creepy 30 year women spending all their waking hours stalking them? That must be so weird for Joe and Kit. You see the same chick at EVERY single HS event, at every location you're at, and you have to smile and be nice and pretend this isn't fucking sad and creepy behavior. You have to act all, "Oh, hey, nice to see you again.............for the 100th time........weirdo stranger I don't know, but have to pretend I'm glad to see again and again and again because you have no life." lol

by Anonymousreply 217September 18, 2022 12:01 AM

I have no idea what queer or queer baiting is any more. I know what they used to be. Queer used to mean gay. Queer baiting used to be when a straight person would play with or flirt with a gay person to lead them on.

by Anonymousreply 218September 18, 2022 12:09 AM

R216 The missing tooth looks filled to me when he smiles in this video. You'll notice he smiles openly without covering his mouth now.

Cute moment with Joe and Kit too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 18, 2022 12:13 AM

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 220September 18, 2022 12:46 AM

Maybe he’s working his way down one at a time but the one that was done before is definitely there now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 18, 2022 12:47 AM

About how long does a Netflix show take to film? Do they confirm they are filming 2&3 back to back?

by Anonymousreply 222September 18, 2022 1:19 AM

Looking good. Chewing while taking part in a panel leaves a bad impression, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 18, 2022 3:15 AM

[Quote] Seemingly 95%+ of the event attendees were female, I will never really understand young women's obsessive attraction to gay stories and the actors who perform in them. What do they get out of this?

What do homosexuals get out of supporting mostly str8 pop divas?

by Anonymousreply 224September 18, 2022 3:25 AM

R224 The way I came back to this comment after having been at the Chromatica Ball. Caught a stray for no reason.

R222 I think Alice said she was taking all of December off so they’re probably not filming back to back. Maybe they’ll take off for the holidays and then reconvene to shoot season 3 in January.

by Anonymousreply 225September 18, 2022 6:21 AM

I’m finally watching the panel and I think Kit is smiling more because he actually got his front teeth done. They look way more uniform now, he may have gotten veneers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 18, 2022 7:13 AM

His front teeth have been progressively looking straighter and straighter with each interview and appearance over the past year. I'd wager to guess he's been wearing Invisalign braces when he's not in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 227September 18, 2022 7:37 AM

Hope the work he’s having done gives him more confidence to properly smile, although fingers crossed he doesn’t end up with a set of disconcertingly different teeth that really change his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2022 8:05 AM

I don't think he'll go full Hollywood teeth. They look good. He looks great in general and seems much more relaxed than he was in the past. I didn't think he came across poorly before, but didn't really seem like the most fun guy in the world.

by Anonymousreply 229September 18, 2022 8:27 AM

These threads should be the ones m deletes. This is a GAY forum dumb fraus/fan cunts. FOR GAY MEN. Leave.

by Anonymousreply 230September 18, 2022 8:43 AM

I’ve been using this forum for years R230. Gay female. Didn’t realise it was exclusively for men..

by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2022 10:12 AM

Do you think Kit is quietly back on Twitter checking in on fan posts from yesterday or does he have better willpower than that?

by Anonymousreply 232September 18, 2022 11:09 AM

He ooks like a fugly soccer playing dyke.

by Anonymousreply 233September 18, 2022 11:12 AM

R232 I suspect he'll have more willpower than Joe - who seems to be back on Twitter again (unless he tweeted from a laptop or something). Kit never really seemed to enjoy Twitter anyway - and after his dramatic announcement about deleting it, I can't see him tweeting for a good while/at all.

by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2022 12:10 PM

R234 True. It’d have been nice to see him tweet about the NTAs but I think you’re right. We’ll see if he’s more active on insta.

by Anonymousreply 235September 18, 2022 12:14 PM

R234 joe did tweet from a laptop. Honestly I never saw his retweet as anything more than a sign of support for Kit; he seems to take Twitter breaks but overall enjoy the platform to an extent. It’s fine that they have different approaches to it; I don’t think it’s a sign of Joe “lacking kits willpower” or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 236September 18, 2022 12:29 PM

R236 I could be wrong but I get the impression that Joe intends to stop using Twitter generally when he deletes the app, but he's admitted that he's addicted to social media so re-downloads the app after a while. I don't think he gets much joy from Twitter either, but the pull of reading those thousands of opinions about himself (both good and bad) must be a weirdly addictive and yet toxic combination.

by Anonymousreply 237September 18, 2022 12:55 PM

R237 I have never heard or seen him say that but it’s possible I missed an interview in which he did so I believe you. I do think he actually enjoys some parts of Twitter way more than Kit ever did and that’s the primary reason he comes back time to time, but we can agree to disagree there. I still doubt Kit is never going to get back on; if he was truly done he would delete the account altogether (Will Gao doesn’t have one for instance) or deactivate it for a bit instead of just deleting the app. I do think he won’t use it for a while and might keep it to promo primarily moving forward. Good for him and Joe for doing what they both prefer though

by Anonymousreply 238September 18, 2022 1:03 PM

I agree r226, definitely veneers. Missing tooth aside, his teeth overall seem larger and the small gaps on his right side are suddenly gone too. Must have gotten them for the movie. Gonna have to get used to this look on him, nu happy to see him confidently smiling.

by Anonymousreply 239September 18, 2022 2:38 PM

As someone initially worried about Kit having aged too much from season 1 to now the Nick haircut really brings him back into character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 18, 2022 3:22 PM

Flipping heck, it's amazing what a haircut and a shave will do. I think the con has shown that he should be able to fit back into the role of Nick fairly easily, without looking hilariously different. Although if you put seasons 1 and 2 side by side, it's still gonna be obvious.

by Anonymousreply 241September 18, 2022 3:28 PM

Also he doesn't look so thick in his neck.

by Anonymousreply 242September 18, 2022 4:04 PM

According to the person who posted this video originally, everyone else took cars back home but Kit took the tube…which explains why it would have been easier to stalk him versus the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 18, 2022 4:28 PM

Time to get a license Kit.

by Anonymousreply 244September 18, 2022 5:49 PM

R243 I genuinely feel for all these kids being thrown into sudden fame and people being insane (following them around etc), but at the same time beg them to have some common sense. Kit was also followed around more than Joe and Bash in Paris for the same reason - the two of them would grab an Uber or car service and Kit and Sof would just walk out of the hotel. Of course people should leave them alone and not be creepy but for his own sake Kit needs to develop some coping mechanisms and know when he can do public transit (most of the time when people can’t stake out outside his exact location) vs when his location is known and he can’t.

by Anonymousreply 245September 18, 2022 5:55 PM

Maybe he likes the attention he's getting from these stalkerish fans. Cause most of the times it's him who keeps posting about his current location openly. Till now he must be aware of the fact that he's got unhinged fans but he continues to do so.

by Anonymousreply 246September 18, 2022 6:45 PM

R245 I get that he’s reticent to change his routines and how he operates and that he likely wants to keep doing things the way he did before HS was released, but he would have been better off calling an Uber in a situation like that.

R246 90% of the time he doesn’t post his current location beyond the city he’s in when he’s traveling for an event or for work. He got stalked in Paris because the celeb hunters know the hotels the celebs stay at and the girls in Venice had to look for him for 10 hours. Most encounters he has with fans are happenstance, the problem in this situation was that he was leaving an event that was already teeming with fans in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 247September 18, 2022 7:01 PM

Fans will find out where he lives, so using the Tube isn't something to worry over. He should be thankful that his fans are primarily female and thus much less likely to become physical/threatening.

by Anonymousreply 248September 18, 2022 7:12 PM

What happened to the Kit and Maia thing? It has been crickets since they were seen holding hands in Paris. Is it already over?

by Anonymousreply 249September 18, 2022 9:34 PM

R249 She just barely finished filming on the 16th. Last seen at an after party. I don't really figure they'll last if they were anything more than a hookup. She has things to do in the states and he'll be filming for months all day.

by Anonymousreply 250September 18, 2022 9:57 PM

Looks like she was having fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 18, 2022 10:10 PM

The private life of an 18-year old should not be subject to such scrutiny. Who says he's actually fucking anyone?

Twitter is insane.

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2022 10:22 PM

[Quote] Who says he's actually fucking anyone?

Isn't that question engaging in scrutiny?

by Anonymousreply 253September 18, 2022 10:25 PM

Is Maia carrying or being carried?

by Anonymousreply 254September 18, 2022 10:25 PM

Aren't most 18 year olds fucking someone?

by Anonymousreply 255September 18, 2022 10:30 PM

so kit didn’t go to the party/celebration of the movie he’s also part of?

by Anonymousreply 256September 18, 2022 10:37 PM

If the wrap party was in London surely Kit would go and join them? I thought that after Paris they might go a bit more public, seeing as they’re no longer the world’s best kept secret, even if just a fling.

by Anonymousreply 257September 18, 2022 10:39 PM

Someone said they saw him at Kings Cross station yesterday evening. Maybe he was on his way to join them and if he did footage will probably appear before too long.

by Anonymousreply 258September 18, 2022 10:43 PM

Yeah and he was back in London this afternoon, returned with Maia. Not holding hands this time around.

by Anonymousreply 259September 18, 2022 10:51 PM

Y'all have bugged his devices or?

by Anonymousreply 260September 18, 2022 10:55 PM

R259 how do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 261September 18, 2022 10:55 PM

R261 Because someone posted a gif of them on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 18, 2022 11:01 PM

the romance is still going strong i see

by Anonymousreply 263September 18, 2022 11:03 PM

Those HS are insane how did they did they see him from so far away and have the camera ready for a video? i’m impressed

by Anonymousreply 264September 18, 2022 11:06 PM

HS stans*

by Anonymousreply 265September 18, 2022 11:07 PM

Now let's wait for this gif to spread everywhere. And then cue the hissy fit from Kit as per usual.

by Anonymousreply 266September 18, 2022 11:08 PM

R266 He can't do it since he deleted twitter!

by Anonymousreply 267September 18, 2022 11:10 PM

These stans must have a Whatsapp group where they inform each other on sightings... How could that fan have known it was them from so far away?!

by Anonymousreply 268September 18, 2022 11:12 PM

He'll manage to throw one on instagram. Prepare yourselves for another round of 'poor kit' chants from his fans.

by Anonymousreply 269September 18, 2022 11:13 PM

The gif is innocuous compared to the Paris one and them being spotted together isn’t breaking news at this point so nothing will come it it.

R264 It’s wild. I probably would have walked right by him and not noticed him in that situation, especially with the cap on. No way I would have had an eye to spot any of them across the street from inside a store.

by Anonymousreply 270September 18, 2022 11:13 PM

Nice huge backpack he's carrying. Must be having a platonic bestie sleepover

by Anonymousreply 271September 18, 2022 11:15 PM

Will they get papped like Joe and Bash next?

by Anonymousreply 272September 18, 2022 11:16 PM

R272 They wouldn't have if he didn't have a hissy fit. They might now

by Anonymousreply 273September 18, 2022 11:17 PM

Well, Kit has already shown that he doesn't have the grace of Joe and Bash, which is fucking rich considering he's a man with a girlfriend... Oh, those persecuted people in a het relationship!?

by Anonymousreply 274September 18, 2022 11:18 PM

They'll get papped because both have a profile and they are co-stars in a movie. If anything, Kit probably didn't want their relationship to be revealed before the perfect time for promo.

by Anonymousreply 275September 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Bash unfollowed Sof.

by Anonymousreply 276September 18, 2022 11:19 PM

I think R258 is right that he went to Leeds or wherever they were for his movie’s wrap party. He wouldn’t have needed more than a backpack for the trip.

R272 The hissy fit was about the queerbaiting thing, not about being spotted generally so if he’s not on Twitter anymore he’s not going to see any renewed debate about it, people don’t engage in it on Instagram, and it won’t be as bad as the initial round of accusations anyway. He’s not going to flip out about it again as much as you seem to want him to.

by Anonymousreply 277September 18, 2022 11:21 PM

Also it's Sof's birthday today while Kit fucks around with another woman. Not wonder she called herself salty on IG recently

Kit was such a damn liar about them just being best friends. Kinda makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 278September 18, 2022 11:22 PM

Bash unfollowed someone on their birthday?!

by Anonymousreply 279September 18, 2022 11:22 PM

Didn’t mean to reply to R272, no clue how I managed to fuck up the tag there.

by Anonymousreply 280September 18, 2022 11:22 PM

[Quote] The hissy fit was about the queerbaiting thing, not about being spotted generally

We don't really know. He was smart enough not to address it directly, this time.

by Anonymousreply 281September 18, 2022 11:24 PM

The moment Kit blew up Sof made a Tiktok and started tagging every single video she posted with #heartstopper, even when it was just her staring vacantly at the camera. Seems like an annoying best friend or otherwise to have.

by Anonymousreply 282September 18, 2022 11:25 PM

R281 Some of the cast (Rhea off the top of my head for example), liked tweets about Kit leaving Twitter due to the queerbaiting accusations.

by Anonymousreply 283September 18, 2022 11:27 PM

Well, sof stopped her brother from speaking on Kit in detail when they went live, so she seems to have got the message.

by Anonymousreply 284September 18, 2022 11:29 PM

R279 Yes. Hearing that Kit's finsta doesn't follow her anymore either, but haven't checked. Kinda sad for her. She stuck with him when he was a skinny ginger with missing teeth and this is what she gets.

And it's funny he was playing up things so much calling Joe darling in front of fans multiple times just to go home and fuck his girlfriend. He's a crafty one.

by Anonymousreply 285September 18, 2022 11:29 PM

Kit clearly knows what he's doing. Even that tweet of his now comes across as very manipulative and just a ploy to get some 'sympathy' and pity headlines which he managed to get.

by Anonymousreply 286September 18, 2022 11:32 PM

Everyone on here went on for ages about Kit being a moron for tweeting and only bringing more attention to the whole thing and now he’s a calculated manipulator for it? Ya gotta laugh.

by Anonymousreply 287September 18, 2022 11:36 PM

I still can’t believe Kit replaced Sof in two weeks. If I were her, I’d expose him as the straight man and traitor he is

by Anonymousreply 288September 18, 2022 11:36 PM

Fans eating up all the lies Kit be feeding them so easily makes me laugh at times. First the Sof being just a best friend. Which going by her actions now, doesn't seem to have been just friends. And then him hinting at being not straight which yeah no, don't think so either. He keeps dating only girls openly.

Anyways, he knows how to gets things done and seems to be following the Harry Styles pattern.

by Anonymousreply 289September 18, 2022 11:39 PM

R272 If we go by the Bash and Joe model, the initial set of pap photos might sell but not subsequent ones. The HS actors don’t have the profiles to make it worthwhile for paparazzi and I don’t think Maia does either.

by Anonymousreply 290September 18, 2022 11:40 PM

Maia had exactly 2 minutes of speaking screen time in the new Do revenge movie. If they end up getting papped, it’s because of kit.

by Anonymousreply 291September 18, 2022 11:44 PM

R288 His last reply to her on IG was August 7th. That picture with Maia announcing the movie was on August 17th, so two weeks might be generous.

Don't know if Tobie ever followed Sof but he liked a few of her posts and doesn't follow her now. Joe hasn't followed her in forever, not sure if he ever did.

And Kit went the Joe route and got exposed dating someone and then didn't like the first IG post the person posted after, which is kinda amusing

by Anonymousreply 292September 18, 2022 11:44 PM

Isn't Maia in the Pretty Little Liars reboot?

by Anonymousreply 293September 18, 2022 11:47 PM

The poor Sof comments are hilarious like she isn’t clearly with that guy she keeps trying to promote on her Tiktok.

by Anonymousreply 294September 18, 2022 11:49 PM

So will queer icon Kit ever date a guy is my question? Or will it just be always girls?

by Anonymousreply 295September 18, 2022 11:53 PM

Why would a heterosexual man date a guy?

by Anonymousreply 296September 18, 2022 11:53 PM

R295 Fear not, he liked a tweet about beating straight allegations. I'm sure the right man will come around one day!

by Anonymousreply 297September 18, 2022 11:55 PM

Maybe he needs someone like him, queer but only dating girls like Joshua Bassett.

by Anonymousreply 298September 19, 2022 12:02 AM

[quote]So will queer icon Kit ever date a guy is my question? Or will it just be always girls?

Although I actually believe him when he hints he's not straight, I don't for a second think he's attracted to men enough to actually date one openly. He strikes me as a "I'll let a guy blow me now and then" type of queer/bi, but never ever entertain actually having a romantic relationship with one. He's probably 90% straight, 10% into guys...I guess that grants him admission to the LGBTQ community, technically speaking...but he'll always choose to be with women over men.

by Anonymousreply 299September 19, 2022 12:10 AM

R285 is a teenaged twitter frau that is leaving the same comments on there that she is on here. looks like she's w&wing all of her comments too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 19, 2022 12:16 AM

R300 Actually no? A teenage twitter frau is reading here and stealing comments. Why are you reading CC's and accusing people of being a teenager from twitter though? The math is not mathing

by Anonymousreply 301September 19, 2022 12:19 AM

It's weird if Kit is gay for Hugh Grant.

by Anonymousreply 302September 19, 2022 12:19 AM

I’d be hilarious if in a few years, Kit ends up marrying a man lol

by Anonymousreply 303September 19, 2022 12:27 AM

Wow, so then he took a 4 hour train ride to Leeds to see her at the wrap party last night after a full day at the convention just to come back to London today? He must be really gay for her.

by Anonymousreply 304September 19, 2022 3:25 AM

R304 He seems like a bit of a romantic. Didn’t he say he ran to someone’s house in the rain like Nick once?

by Anonymousreply 305September 19, 2022 3:37 AM

Is she wearing his jacket?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306September 19, 2022 3:45 AM

Tell me more! Tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 307September 19, 2022 3:55 AM

What about all the "sparks that were flying" between him and Joe at the convention?

by Anonymousreply 308September 19, 2022 3:58 AM

How long until Kit and Maia get papped together like Bash and Joe? Will Kit throw a hissy fit on social media?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309September 19, 2022 4:03 AM

I would be surprised if he comes out as anything other than straight. I think he is more annoyed about the queer baiting trolls constantly tagging him on twitter rather than the allegations itself.

by Anonymousreply 310September 19, 2022 5:05 AM

R304 Would assume he also went to attend himself given that he’s, you know, the male lead in the movie that wrapped.

R308 Did you expect them to fuck because they have chemistry or something? Maia didn’t have to be in the picture for you to get that you’d be delusional for that, Bash exists.

by Anonymousreply 311September 19, 2022 7:49 AM

does the cast have off today for the funeral? i keep forgetting how obsessed the UK is with that dead old hag

by Anonymousreply 312September 19, 2022 8:14 AM

Almost certainly. Literally everything is closed.

by Anonymousreply 313September 19, 2022 8:56 AM

Kit seems to be the falls hard and loves a bit of romance kind of person. Will be fun to see if this is just a hook up or if the relationship has some legs. Maia strikes me as a fun time girl going by insta so unless kit is less of a homebody than everyone seems to think he is, what they have in common beyond being on a film together and shagging each other senseless remains to be seen.

And she surely isn’t going to hang around London for long; he’s filming and she must want to get back to the US.

by Anonymousreply 314September 19, 2022 9:47 AM

R314 I'm not so convinced he's such a hardcore homebody. I remember those clips of him in Sof's Tiktok, dancing at the club and vaping--so, he looks like he knows how to party. Then, if you believe he was dating Sof and dumped her for Maia, well that's hardly romantic is it? He seems like kind of a player to me, I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 315September 19, 2022 10:45 AM

sof please we’re begging you, it’s your time to do an album a la olivia rodrigo

by Anonymousreply 316September 19, 2022 10:50 AM

Another convention pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 19, 2022 11:07 AM

i pray for the day that this bland sof nobody is done being discussed on here, but what are people basing the “kit dumped sof” belief on? his friends are the ones that mass unfollowed her, meanwhile her family still follows him. like r294 mentioned, she was with a new guy as soon as she was back in london and she’s now desperately parading the guy on social media. she wasn’t even in the same country as kit for months. kit still follows her finsta and never unfollowed it in the first place. he also went on his tiktok long enough to follow maia but didn't unfollow sof. i wouldn’t be surprised if the initial unfollowing drama was all one-sided and she had soft blocked him. and i love that she still has a video of kit pinned on her tiktok. she can’t seem to let go of her only connection to any relevancy entirely.

regardless, the relationship can't have been much of anything. they both repeatedly and unnecessarily denied it when they could have just kept their mouths shut altogether. there's not a single picture or video of them being anything other than platonic despite them having gone back together for ages. nothing from the stalker fans, nothing from mutual friends, nothing from either of them. compare that with maia, and that's in a span of a month or two. sof and kit at most fucked, maia and kit actually operate like a couple.

by Anonymousreply 318September 19, 2022 11:23 AM

A guy on Twitter who maybe comes from Croydon said a while back he’s seen kit often on the train, just walking around, etc., and that he also saw Kit and Sof together, holding hands. Read into that what you will! Either way she’s going to go back to anonymity pretty fast unless she scores herself the modelling role she’s clearly angling for.

Kit on the other hand has fully moved on and is now following all of Maia’s friends / brother etc. Player (almost definitely - and who wouldn’t be if 18 and fame and fans come your way) or not, he seems to have gone full on with her pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 319September 19, 2022 11:37 AM

[quote]A guy on Twitter who maybe comes from Croydon said a while back he’s seen kit often on the train, just walking around, etc., and that he also saw Kit and Sof together, holding hands.

link or screenshot? if this was true that tweet would have been discussed ad nauseam here given that people can't shut up about sof for longer than 2 days and their entire dynamic has been analyzed to death.

by Anonymousreply 320September 19, 2022 11:41 AM

R318 Nah, the unfollowing being one sided makes a lot sense given she wants to keep the connection, at least the appearance of a connection. Joe hasn't followed her in ages and she's never unfollowed him. I don't see Kit ever unfollowing her since people will obviously notice and talk about it. Her family still following him doesn't mean much either.

She was also out of town around the same time he was working. The drama started happening when he started filming. If it was nothing not sure why he had a massive hissy fit calling them besties and defending her and then how all his friends unfollow her. Of those unfollowing her Bash is the most surprising.

As for stalker fans, we very rarely get any sightings on Kit in general and the amount of old pictures of Kit is very small.

by Anonymousreply 321September 19, 2022 11:43 AM

if kit is supposedly a player that dumped her for someone else, you don't think the brothers that aren't mikaeel wouldn't have unfollowed him? kit's non-famous best friends don't follow her either. her importance in his life and their relationship in general seems to really be overestimated by the fraus that are obsessed with her on here.

by Anonymousreply 322September 19, 2022 11:52 AM

R321 she deleted his comments from her posts and deleted the one picture she had of him on her page, meanwhile kit didn't bother to unfollow her finsta or her tiktok. it was clearly a one-sided purge. maybe her new beau sergio wanted a clean slate.

by Anonymousreply 323September 19, 2022 11:56 AM

I love that even on here people kept saying he was going to look too old next season and the only real difference wound up being that his face lost a bit of baby fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 19, 2022 12:06 PM

R322 If it's overstated he did it to himself by bringing her up. Also he still took her to Paris with him.

by Anonymousreply 325September 19, 2022 12:11 PM

r322 bringing her up when? she was the one that made a tiktok account for the sole purpose of posting her *best friend and the only time he mentioned her was when he tweeted to get his fans to back off, which any decent person would have done. and he didn't mention her by name, he only ever referred to her as his best friend. joe did the same thing but about both his family and friends when the fans started going through their pages. and yeah, he took her to paris. and took his friends to los angeles. and took mikaeel to a red carpet premiere.

by Anonymousreply 326September 19, 2022 12:19 PM

Did a fan travel from South America for the con?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 19, 2022 12:21 PM

The Chilean fan got Kit to carry him, how funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 19, 2022 1:06 PM

R328 Oh god, cringe! Kit's a good sport for going along with it. I wonder where they'd draw the line at poses, given that people have paid for them? Maybe if someone asked Joe and Kit to kiss as Nick and Charlie or something (wouldn't put it past someone).

by Anonymousreply 329September 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Some of the conversation people had with Kit in his meeting room session. Poor guy does seem to lack confidence in general, and covers it up with dry humour and a bit of defensiveness (social media). I reckon he's not being entirely genuine when he says he thinks he won't win the NTA - the numbers just add up when you look at his social media followers etc - but either way, it'll obviously mean a lot to him if/when he does win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 19, 2022 1:59 PM

R330 yeah there’s no way he doesn’t know he’s going to win but to be fair to him he’d be a total arsehole to say that outright. I don’t know what fans expected him to say back, kind of an odd position to put him in. Also funny that they all reassured him he would definitely win when I’m sure Joe was standing there like “…thanks guys”. They all seem like really nice kids.

by Anonymousreply 331September 19, 2022 2:03 PM

R330 It makes sense that he thinks he won’t win at the NTA if he thinks he wasn’t very good in HS. He seems insecure to the point where he just braces for the worst. It’s so bizarre to me that he thinks that way, I thought he was head and shoulders the best out of all of the “kid” actors.

by Anonymousreply 332September 19, 2022 2:05 PM

[quote] Relationship with kit and if with S2 now that they already know each other well would lead to more intimacy on camera: they like to make fun of each other because it's their way to express affection. He said that even for s1 the scenes with kit were so easy to play and they gain confidence with each other quickly, so there wasn't really that awkwardness, in the kissing scenes too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 19, 2022 2:09 PM

R332 I thought the two leads were easily the standouts. he and Joe did a really good job carrying the show; obviously they had most of the dialogue and storyline anyway but I think the supporting cast also wasn’t overall the strongest. I know they were almost all new so to be fair looking toward to improvement in future seasons. For someone who had never led a project (Kit) and never professionally acted (Joe) and who had some cringey lines I think the whole thing actually worked really well; they both made the characters super likable and sold the chemistry well.

by Anonymousreply 334September 19, 2022 2:14 PM

R334 Yeah, I agree. I’m especially excited to see Joe tackling meatier stuff this next season. Everyone else was either serviceable to bad depending on the scene. I still cringe remembering Tao crying after the fight with Harry. I know Tao and Elle will still have stuff since they need to get together, but I hope Alice knows to continue keeping the focus on Nick and Charlie if only because they’re the best of the lot that manage to make her dialogue less terrible.

by Anonymousreply 335September 19, 2022 2:18 PM

R335 Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Joe's meatier stuff - I thought his best scene by far was the one with Tori at the drums where he's crying. He's good overall but I reckon he's better at the heavy emotional stuff than the cheesy happy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 336September 19, 2022 2:23 PM

R336 agreed. I also think it’s unfortunate his other really heavy scene (Ben assault scene) was filmed right towards the beginning of shooting as opposed to later when he was a Little more used to acting in front of a camera and could’ve turned in a better performance. Still don’t think it was bad per se but could’ve been stronger.

He’ll have a better storyline this season from the comics alone (plus Ben is back, unlike the comics, so that’ll add even more tension) and Kit will also get another chance for a memorable scene with Olivia Colman talking about supporting Charlie’s mental health issues, so I think they’ll both be able to turn in good performances.

by Anonymousreply 337September 19, 2022 2:31 PM

Kit unfollowed Sof again (she still follows him and Bash so not her removing him). Between that and Bash unfollowing yesterday / Will a few weeks ago something must have gone down.

by Anonymousreply 338September 19, 2022 2:37 PM

Whatever it is, with Kit finally unfollowing her it’s over so hopefully we don’t have to hear about her and her modeling dreams again on here.

by Anonymousreply 339September 19, 2022 2:40 PM

R335 If Alice has any sense she'll keep it on Nick and Charlie. Some of the shit she's said about being able to promote her asexual agenda and focusing more on the home life of Tara and Darcy and other crap made me worried. Nobody gives a shit about any of that. Not saying completely ignore the characters, but in 8 30 minute episodes most of it should be about Nick and Charlie

R338 I was wondering if he would eventually unfollow her. Wasn't sure since fans are 100% going to notice and speculate about it Sof come to DL and spill the beans about what went down.

by Anonymousreply 340September 19, 2022 2:41 PM

Kizzy mentioned in a live a couple of weeks ago that they’ve started testosterone. I’m hoping that their appearance doesn’t change a lot before the show is over so that Alice doesn’t have to write it in and give them more of a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 341September 19, 2022 2:44 PM

Do we think Kit told Bash to unfollow her?

by Anonymousreply 342September 19, 2022 2:44 PM

R341 Oh wow, okay. Kizzy said that Alice told them that they'd be happy to go down the non-binary route for Darcy as well, but Kizzy wasn't sure. Selfishly, I like the character of Darcy just as she is, but I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 343September 19, 2022 2:47 PM

R342 doubt it. isn't bash closest to kit out of the cast members he's not currently fucking? if kit and sof aren't even friends anymore he has no reason to keep following her, his only connection to her was through kit.

by Anonymousreply 344September 19, 2022 2:49 PM

This is sweet - video of Bash and Kit receiving artwork from a fan. Kit's 'wow, that is extraordinary' - he's such a posh boy. ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 19, 2022 3:05 PM

R345 What I like a lot about the HS cast in particular is that they’re all so unfailingly nice to their fans.

Do you guys think Kit will smile more with his teeth on HS or will he continue with the closed lip smiles as a Nick thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Someone in the Joe thread requested a new thread since this one is paywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 19, 2022 3:20 PM

muriel is on a rampage again.

this is the closest kit and joe will get to a dance tiktok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 19, 2022 5:33 PM

Muriel finally caught on Kitrina RIP

by Anonymousreply 349September 19, 2022 5:37 PM

Finally had an active thread and something to talk about. Maybe M is team Sof.

by Anonymousreply 350September 19, 2022 5:47 PM

Can make a new thread in a bit... At least Muriel likes Joe and Bash

Hates Kit Connor and Connor Jessup though. The name Connor is very triggering for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 351September 19, 2022 5:56 PM

What does Joe call Kit, Kittrick or something? We could try that one.

by Anonymousreply 352September 19, 2022 6:03 PM

Kitticus I think

by Anonymousreply 353September 19, 2022 6:47 PM

Someone posted the clip of him being critical of his own acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 19, 2022 7:47 PM

R354 Kinda wild he still so insecure and with such low self esteem about his acting. You'd think after a months of everyone going completely insane in his presence he'd come around to thinking maybe he did a good job

by Anonymousreply 355September 19, 2022 7:54 PM

R354 unpopular opinion maybe but I don’t think this is a bad way to think about it or that he’s completely shitting on himself in a way that’s completely unhealthy. Many actors have said something similar, that even their best performances they find something to pick at and try to improve for the next time. Also he’s 18 and when you’re a teenager just existing feels embarrassing much less watching yourself on screen; I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe, Will, etc had similar sentiments.

I actually think he did a good job in the show, and in more than just the two scenes he mentioned. But the summary of the clip made me think he’d be really hard on himself, and aside from the middle line about thinking he’s the worst actor in the world sometimes, which sounded like purposeful exaggeration, it sounded more like standard self critique or perfectionism coupled with the mortification of being a teenager. He’ll likely grow out of that even if he doesn’t ever love watching his own performances

by Anonymousreply 356September 19, 2022 8:00 PM

Yeah, he’s probably a bit harsher than he should be on himself (two scenes he was okay with versus not liking himself in most or all of the other ones is a hell of a ratio), but I was imagining much worse based on the fan’s summary. It’s better that he’s able to critique himself to improve than that he develops an ego and winds up resting on his laurels.

by Anonymousreply 357September 19, 2022 8:12 PM

Two examples I can think of off hand on this.

In the cast drawing characters video Kit starts erasing and Alice asks if he’s a perfectionist and he immediately says YES.

Also in the attitude interview with the main 4 cast they ask something who breaks character or something along those lines and they mention how when a director calls cut Kit breaks and looks to them for immediate feedback on how he did.

by Anonymousreply 358September 19, 2022 8:23 PM

R358 I remember being completely baffled when I saw the drawing video and his reaction to his work, his drawings were basically perfect and identical to Alice’s.

by Anonymousreply 359September 19, 2022 8:31 PM

New thread, the new new thread got deleted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 19, 2022 9:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!