Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Seph Locke

By request.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 27, 2022 1:38 PM

Hi, repeat troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2022 7:21 PM

At the London Zoo today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2022 7:24 PM

In Bash's clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Friend goals.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2022 7:26 PM

I love Joe's laugh (off camera) at around 3:10 in this video - we hardly ever hear him properly laugh/giggle like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2022 7:55 PM

Agree. His little giggle on the show is one of the cutest moments, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2022 8:03 PM

Romance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2022 8:12 PM

R7 From Thursday night apparently.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2022 8:17 PM

Not getting how anyone would classify this as "pretty boys", but nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2022 10:41 PM

I'm bored of seeing Joe and Bash together, I hope they break up and we get to see Joe going out with someone with a more handsome face and great body

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2022 9:56 AM

Sebastian is very handsome to me while Joe looks like his parents are cousins. To each his own I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2022 10:03 AM

They're both 6s to me. Not super good looking but cute enough.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2022 8:29 PM

Two sixes make a twelve.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2022 8:30 PM

Hopefully Joe makes it to the NTA shortlist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2022 8:41 PM

R14 it’ll be super shit if Kit makes it and he doesn’t but I suspect they’ll both make it. Generally soap stars win due to broad viewership and the main NTA voter base being that dynamic but I don’t think they tend to be so passionate about voting for the shortlist, while Heartstopper fans brigaded the voting this year.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2022 8:43 PM

Never underestimate HS fans ability not to give a shit about Joe though. I hope he makes it since I know Kit will

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2022 8:44 PM

Past few weeks have really confirmed it for me that the Heartstopper fanbase only cares about Kit from the whole cast. So, I really hope most of them actually voted for Joe and Kit both when they were saying so.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2022 8:47 PM

I'll never get them Heartstopper fans tho. How does one watch a queer show and then go on to completely ignore the openly gay actor who is also the main lead of the show? You'll see these same fans use Heartstopper to gain several woke points but then they go on to do such things which is so.

Anyways, really hope Joe makes it to the shortlist.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2022 8:53 PM

Because their vaginas get moist over Kit. It's that simple. It's not all that different to gay fans getting hard over some dude.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2022 8:58 PM

Hopefully I’m not wrong, but it really feels like people on are being fatalistic and Joe will be fine for the NTA. There’s some Twitter BL award thing going on right now that Joe is faring better in than Kit, which would indicate the fandom efforts aren’t as skewed as people think.

Want to talk about what actually sucked? The Dorian Awards, an award body made up of LGBTQ critics, nominating Kit and not Joe for their Performer award.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2022 9:01 PM

Kit's performance was better than Joe's, though. That's unsurprising as Kit is a more experienced actor.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2022 9:04 PM

R21 Kit also got the way better material in my opinion. I think both did well with what they had and it’s hardly like either was working with Shakespeare quality, but Joe’s was basically him having a full on thing for Nick the whole time or being sad, while Kit got the realizing his sexuality, being afraid of coming out, realizing his feelings for Charlie, realizing his friends were dicks, coming out, etc. next season should have some more nuanced material for both hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2022 9:12 PM

R21 I agree, don’t get me wrong, but I’m approaching this from the POV that it shouldn’t have been one or the other, but both? If that makes sense?

R22 He was great in that scene with Tori at the drums, so I’m looking forward to him tackling the stuff coming up.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2022 9:16 PM

[Quote] Kit also got the way better material in my opinion.

I don't entirely agree. I think Joe and Bash got a very meaty scene with the attempted "rape." They both played it so histrionically, though, that it wasn't a highlight. It was just rather camp and soap opera-ish.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2022 9:17 PM

Kit found more nuance, r22. That cannot be blamed on the material, either abundance or paucity. Damn, Jenny stole scenes with very little material.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2022 9:19 PM

R25 as I said, just my opinion. I thought Jenny was quite decent but not a scene stealer and felt like Joe outacted her in their shared scenes so I guess our takes on it vary. Kit did a good job and agree he was more nuanced, I just think there was more nuance to be found in some of the stuff written for him. There’s a reason Nick was the more popular character even from just fans of the comic pre show/Kit’s performance. I think both are good for their ages so hopefully the next two seasons let’s both develop and show skills more.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]Because their vaginas get moist over Kit.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2022 9:28 PM

r27 = Zombie Anne Heche

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2022 9:28 PM

Joe and Kit were both nominated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2022 11:02 PM

the third of the four nominees is Charithra from Bridgerton who is coincidentally one of Bash’s costars in his new film

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2022 11:05 PM

The Bridgerton fans are nuts so if Joe and Kit vote split she may end up winning.

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2022 11:08 PM

Can someone make a new Bash thread?

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2022 1:40 AM

Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2022 1:42 AM

Who have people voted for, if you've voted? I went for Joe - would happily have voted for either but I think Joe will need the boost of votes more! It is a shame about the split vote thing meaning that Charithra may well win...

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2022 12:32 PM

New pic of Joe with a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2022 2:02 PM

R35 poor Connor in the reflection lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2022 2:41 PM

I got a soft spot for Connor lately. Seems like a good guy. And what's he doing in London despite keeping Joe company. What a bro.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2022 2:53 PM

^other than keeping Joe company

Hopefully he's working on a project of some sort. He posted on IG about saying goodbye to heterosexuality when L&K ended so I'm hoping for something gay next.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2022 2:58 PM

That's a sweet pic. Joe often looks less than comfortable in fan pics. He's probably delighted that a such a young person would have the courage to ask for a pic.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Probably happy to see a young male fan too. Really wonder what a gay man like Joe thinks of all the screeching teenage girls that make up 95% of the HS fandom

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2022 5:28 PM

This thread is all fan girls.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2022 5:29 PM

You like saying that a lot in Joe threads while you spend all your time fangirling (idc if you are a man) in Bash threads.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2022 5:58 PM

I’m a fan of Joe but his threads are the same three fan girls taking to each other back and forth. I wish there were more actual gay men posting here, but alas.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2022 6:06 PM

Please, if you want to see fangirls go to the Kit threads.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2022 6:07 PM

If this thread is supposedly filled with fraus you’re welcome to go back to waxing poetic about Bash’s hairy legs and feet or whatever feels gay enough for you in the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2022 6:12 PM

It's giving entitled fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2022 9:33 PM

R46 it is truly the likes of big brother fan accounts who will determine the success of his career, RIP Joe

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2022 9:40 PM

Probably didn't want to stop for a photo or autograph after The Trials. Poor Joe. He had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2022 10:07 PM

R46 If that moron has enough time to track a bunch of nobodies sleeping and farting or whatever the fuck they do on Big Brother surely they could have taken a second to look at Joe’s page and see that he’s not doing meet and greets?

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2022 10:41 PM

Yeah, it's about him not wanting to meet people after the play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2022 11:01 PM

Let’s give them all the attention shall we? It’s what they want

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2022 11:28 PM

Joe and Bash both commented on Maia’s new picture. I guess when she was in London she got to meet Joe. The whole interaction makes me happy, I love seeing them support and befriend each other

by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2022 12:30 AM

They posted at the exact same time too

Joe's comments are always funny or weird.

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2022 12:42 AM

R52 Yeah, the working theory is that she met Joe at The Trials. She also followed Will, Jenny, Connor, one of the other cast members from the play, etc. Wouldn’t be surprised if she was at the bar with all of them after but the girls that were stalking them didn’t recognize her. It’s cute that Kit integrated her into the rest of the HS cast so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2022 12:47 AM

10pm London time is 2pm Los Angeles time. It's conceivable that Joe had a Zoom meeting/audtion. Either way, he's not obligated to give anyone some of his personal time.

by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2022 12:54 AM

It's totally possible did he have an audition. But could be anything. As in if he said yes to that person he'd have to say yes to everyone. Or the person was a old weird guy. Not exactly sure young people are Big Brother fans. Run Joe.

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2022 12:57 AM

Leave my baby boy alone

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2022 5:25 AM

r57, you're a two timing beast, a cad, you took baby Joe's cherry and now you're hooking up with heartbreaker Connor...you deserve what's coming to you.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2022 5:32 AM

the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2022 7:02 AM

Bash can find a cuter bottom in a second. Not that it would be hard to find someone cuter than monkey ears/unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2022 7:29 AM

Clingy insatiable bottoms are a dime a dozen. lol

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Going by that guy working on the show whining about guys asking about Joe on dating apps, Joe must get hit on a lot. And Bash seems clingy as fuck going by his Joe Spotify playlist.

Joe's got a hold on him.

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2022 10:06 AM

Given his nonstop (prior to joe) timothee chalamet likes I think Joe is pretty strongly bashs type. I personally also find joe attractive but regardless of personal preference bash is clearly very into him

by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2022 10:20 AM

Joe looks nothing like ratboy. Ratboy is pretty in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2022 10:25 AM

Do a face reveal. Let's see how you be looking as you've got so much to say about an 18 year old.

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2022 10:27 AM

R65 fuck off fat joe 🐵 ears stan

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2022 10:32 AM

R65 You aren’t the only one that can give itself a ton of ww’s, loser fatso!

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2022 10:35 AM

BITCHFIGHT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2022 11:18 AM

Well, this thread quickly became weird.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2022 12:22 PM

R53 I thought his comment was weird for a bit and then read the caption and realized Maia is on set for the movie she’s doing with Kit (I think Kit’s jeans are the ones she leaning against in some of the pictures) and he’s probably referencing a conversation he had with her earlier about it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2022 12:24 PM

R46 While I obviously think the tweeter is an idiot, and I understand why the Donmar/Joe said 'no stage door because of Covid' etc, it doesn't quite make sense that right after the show he then hangs around with a large group of friends and goes out drinking in bars/clubs etc. Those sorts of crowds are fine covid wise, but meeting some fans outside the theatre can't be done because it isn't covid safe?

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2022 12:25 PM

R71 Let's be real, Covid reasoning is probably just an excuse not to do it. Will still hangs out with fans after. Joe just doesn't seem comfortable doing it and fans were expecting him every night. The only fan pictures that you got of Joe when the cast went on Saturday was when the stalker girl tracked them down.

There was also that fan account awhile back of a fan seeing Bash and Joe and making eye contact and Joe pulling him away before she could approach them. Joe's just not too into it. He'll still take pictures but not sure how long that's going to last.

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2022 12:38 PM

R72 even while Will seems pretty chill about it, the opening night someone posted that an hour after the show when he had already come out to say hello, adult fans he had already met sprinted to the back door to see him again and he quickly got into a car instead of continuing conversation with the people he’d been speaking to. I’d guess he and Joe are both fine with chatting with or seeing a more limited number of fans but having people wait in large queues for upward of an hour every night was a lot. Plus almost the rest of the play cast is under 18 and having a load of people stage door and more or less ignore them was perhaps not the best for morale.

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2022 12:44 PM

What an asshole name

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2022 1:00 PM

I wonder if Joe regrets bieng this much widely known. Its not a surprise that there are are some actors out there who don’t like fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2022 1:01 PM

R75 I doubt it, I think he’s more likely just figuring out what his boundaries are and trying to reinforce them.

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2022 1:03 PM

Joe's in a unique position going from being a complete nobody to be semi-famous with a rabid fanbase. Also the only who has had his dating life in the tabloids. Probably just figuring things out. I don't think he hates fans, but just doesn't seem like he's ever been that comfortable with them. Like said R73 said seeing fans every night for that long must be draining. Then when you give them something, they still want more.

by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2022 1:10 PM

Joe probably gets a lot of sob stories in person. That shit can be draining as fuck day in, day out.

by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2022 1:11 PM

R77 Well I should correct myself and say Bash got his personal life in the tabloids too, but I feel he's a lot less bothered by fame and attention than Joe is

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2022 1:20 PM

Bash loves it.

by Anonymousreply 80August 24, 2022 1:20 PM

R72 and R73 - interesting! I don't suppose you have a link to those tweets?

To be honest, I don't blame him as I'd hate people constantly approaching me too - but I assumed Kit would be the one to avoid it more than Joe because he's the more introverted of the two. Although Joe recently said that actually he's more of an introvert/extrovert (after saying many times in interviews that he's pretty extroverted) and I reckon part of the reason for that is months of constantly being recognised by hyper and overexcited teenagers when he's out and about. It's probably worn him down a tad.

by Anonymousreply 81August 24, 2022 1:24 PM

R81 For the Joe one, the girl's account is private now, but it was in an old thread

[quote] thinking about that one time, 59 days ago, where i made eye contact with sebastian croft but then a certain joseph locke pulled him away before i could say anything to either of them

And I misremembered since she just made eye contact with Bash not both of them, but Joe was like nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 24, 2022 1:30 PM

R81 re the Will situation - for background I guess one fan made a list of “theatre etiquette rules” and reposted them a lot pre the trials, which is mildly cringe but perhaps not an awful idea. But another fan who was there the same night as her opening night then posted this saying she demanded fans move back to not bombard the actors and then did it herself. The actual back and forth is petty fan arguing but the background regarding Will seems plausible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 24, 2022 1:45 PM

R83 Thanks for that - sounds like very cringe behaviour from the person they were talking about, if it is true. I can just imagine it though - I've been in vaguely similar situations and there's usually someone or some people who just lose their head at the idea of a celebrity and act like a complete idiot.

I thought it had been relatively drama free and people had been behaving themselves at the Donmar, but seems not - hopefully this is just one isolated thing.

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2022 1:58 PM

What Spotify playlist are we talking about? Don’t tell me bash is dumb enough to make a joe playlist and leave it public

by Anonymousreply 85August 24, 2022 2:12 PM

People are saying that even Sam Roe, the guy they were linking Joe to, created a playlist solely for Joe on Spotify.

How do fans end up finding such things is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2022 2:22 PM

Well that just took a lot less effort than I thought, just looked up their names on Spotify. I don’t know how people thought to do that in the first place but oh well. Bash only has two public playlists and neither are for joe. Sam has a playlist with a picture of him and joe as little kids as the cover picture. Not sure what people are expecting to do with that information none of that seems the least bit interesting

by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2022 2:28 PM

R87 People say it's for Joe since it has songs Joe has mentioned before and is full of bad dramatic love songs. Probably listened to it. Didn't look at Sam's since I'm not that weird.

And it's more just a couple people pushing the Sam is really Joe's boyfriend not Bash. They got pretty unhinged after that DM article. Somehow dating someone who isn't Bash makes the Joe/Kit stans feel better.

by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2022 2:38 PM

Can you post the link to Sam's playlist? The one with Joe's pic on it? For some reason it's not showing up on my end.

by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2022 2:48 PM

Seeing the Daily Mail article with Bash grabbing Joe's ass probably made them furious LOL.

They make this stuff up because they know Joe's hole gets filled with Bash's cum and they absolutely hate the sheer thought of it. These girls need boyfriends of their own instead of being angry on the internet all day!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2022 3:05 PM

Joe is attractive to me, I'd love to fuck that body. Bash looks basic.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2022 3:45 PM

You can't look ethnic and basic.

by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2022 3:47 PM

R89 Look up Joe's account and his followers and you'll see him and his other friends. The playlist is just generic edgy/indie music. Really not enough pop girls and Ben Platt for Joe to enjoy I feel.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2022 3:55 PM

He looks like a monkey and his chin is too big for his face.

by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2022 3:58 PM

[Quote] chin is too big

No such thing.

by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2022 3:59 PM

^He's a lovely young man, don't be mean.

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2022 3:59 PM

I think people associate Bash with his character and assume he's a bad person too, it's like the people getting really mad about him coming back for season 2

by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2022 4:01 PM

Why do you attend to Twitter knobheads so much?

by Anonymousreply 98August 24, 2022 4:02 PM

Remember when Joe used to post shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2022 4:02 PM

R98 these are Twitter knobheads they don’t have the balls to say this shit out on Twitter they’d rather be passive-aggressive on the DL

by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2022 4:33 PM

R99 I bet they occasionally wish that the show hadn't done QUITE as well and had been a little bit niche, so they could still be themselves without the major spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2022 4:35 PM

Holding hands in the rain 🌧

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2022 4:40 PM

Oh, please. Go to North America, like Robbie Williams. You'll be fine, Heartstopper cast.

by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2022 4:40 PM

R101 Probably, though might as well enjoy the perks for now. It won't last forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2022 4:40 PM

Season 1 of Heartstopper had success and was 'moderately' good (in my opinion).

But a lot of the actors from it appear to see themselves as amazing the way they strut around nowadays.

Mark my words, season 2 will be worse and they'll come back down to Earth with a bump.

by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2022 4:50 PM

I feel like they have all managed to stay relatively humble. It’s got to be hard going from being unknown to adjusting to all of the attention from. I think they all know their performance are nothing crazy, it’s a kids show and a good kids show, but it will take future projects to ensure they are taken seriously. I don’t see anyone “strut around” as much as living their lives and now hundreds of thousands of people can now see it

by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2022 4:52 PM

Charlie's dog thinks its shit don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote] Mark my words, season 2 will be worse and they'll come back down to Earth with a bump.

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2022 4:56 PM

They all seem to act the exact same way they were acting before the show was released but with less of a presence on social media. None of them really give off vibes of arrogance in my view.

by Anonymousreply 109August 24, 2022 4:58 PM

I don't think they strut around. Joe kinda keeps himself completely private lately.

S2 will mostly likely be less popular. And then go from there unless Alice really adds something dramatic in it to keep it interesting. It's a cute comic, but for someone over the age of 25 it's hard to read since it's just giggling shit and comes across as pretty sterile 99% of the time and the dialogue is seriously unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 110August 24, 2022 4:58 PM

So is Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 111August 24, 2022 5:04 PM

I actually think season 2 will be better overall - Alice has probably learnt quite a bit from her first attempt at writing scripts (season 1), and the actors that had never acted in anything professionally before will be a bit more polished the second time around. I do hope that Alice adds a lot more plot than just the graphic novel plot for season 2, because a lot of the main meaty stuff (sexuality wise at least) has already happened. Nick doesn't have a huge amount going on after that, apart from being there for Charlie with his ED. So hopefully it's fleshed out quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 112August 24, 2022 5:05 PM

William will still be miscast.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2022 5:11 PM

Maybe Nick's drive for muscularity could lead to an unhealthy obsession.

by Anonymousreply 114August 24, 2022 5:12 PM

I wonder much of the focus will be on Tao and Elle or Tara and Darcy. I agree that there’s only so much you can do with bucks and Charlie, but don’t know if the other couples are gonna get a lot more screen time or if it’s still heavily nick/Charlie

by Anonymousreply 115August 24, 2022 5:16 PM

Ben and Harry will become the dark couple to Charlie and Nick's light.

by Anonymousreply 116August 24, 2022 5:26 PM

I need some more Ben being mean to Charlie so Bash's dad will call him a little shit again

by Anonymousreply 117August 24, 2022 5:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 24, 2022 5:39 PM

I kind of imagine the focus will stay around the same for the couples, with Nick and Charlie continuing to get the lion’s share of screentime. Elle and Tao only need to get together now, which doesn’t require a ton of time, and Darcy and Tara have always been the C couple so I can’t imagine Alice beefing up their roles much. The big ? for me are Isaac and Imogen. I know Alice said she wanted to spend more time on Isaac because she wants to use him for an aroace storyline (which, I’m sorry, I have no interest in personally).

by Anonymousreply 119August 24, 2022 5:39 PM

Ben better come back, hopefully Alice isn't too intimidated by the crazies on twitter

by Anonymousreply 120August 24, 2022 5:59 PM

Yeah, I hope Ben comes back - there's a lot more interesting stuff they can do with his character, and Bash is just a cool person to have in the Heartstopper world. The crazies on Twitter seem to think that a show can exist with only nice, sweet characters being nice and sweet to each other, and if you think otherwise then you're somehow condoning Ben's abuse.

by Anonymousreply 121August 24, 2022 6:02 PM

Maybe Isaac will taking to writing and drawing...

by Anonymousreply 122August 24, 2022 6:08 PM

I think it’s a given that Ben will stay. If Alice is willing to expand on characters that were written just for the show, you’d think she would expand on characters that were originally in the comics like Ben. Fangirls on Twitter can complain all they want now, but the second that they get a scene with Nick defending Charlie from Ben they’ll all eat it up

by Anonymousreply 123August 24, 2022 6:19 PM

*they my apologies!!

by Anonymousreply 124August 24, 2022 6:19 PM

R93 = certified knobhead

by Anonymousreply 125August 25, 2022 8:24 AM

R92* sorry

by Anonymousreply 126August 25, 2022 8:26 AM

Sharing bash’s new film before bash even has the time to share it, cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 25, 2022 10:13 AM

Who are the men on the shirt?

by Anonymousreply 128August 25, 2022 10:52 AM

How can you not recognize Elvis and Johnny Cash.

by Anonymousreply 129August 25, 2022 10:56 AM

This thread is mainly people born after 2005 R129

by Anonymousreply 130August 25, 2022 11:13 AM

R130 also for people born in 2001

by Anonymousreply 131August 25, 2022 12:18 PM

I now feel ancient, but am also genuinely curious of the average age/age range of the people in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 132August 25, 2022 12:21 PM

I'm closer to Connor than Joe in age.

by Anonymousreply 133August 25, 2022 12:45 PM

[quote] also for people born in 2001

okaaay R131

by Anonymousreply 134August 25, 2022 12:53 PM

On a different note, Joe's current agency 'markhamfroggattandirwin' truly sucks. They legit be doing nothing to promote their client. It's like his agency forgot that Joe's the main lead in a critically acclaimed show.

by Anonymousreply 135August 25, 2022 12:59 PM

Maybe something is coming. The random LA trip has to amount to something. I'm hoping for something interesting since Kit and Bash's projects aren't exactly inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 136August 25, 2022 1:04 PM

Hoping that the random LA trip actually amounts to something. Cause all his co-actors are out there striking while the iron is still hot. Whereas it's crickets in Joe's case.

And not taking The Trials into consideration cause although it's a good addition to his work profile, but it didn't manage to make any noise outside of the HS fanbase (even the fanbase paid it dust).

by Anonymousreply 137August 25, 2022 1:18 PM

The Trials would have gotten more attention if Joe would have met with fans a few times a week. It's kinda his own fault there isn't it? Hard to get excited about something only a few can see and that you can't record it of course and there is zero fan interaction after. He also does nothing to actually promote it in any way. He seems more excited for Bash's movie than his own career.

by Anonymousreply 138August 25, 2022 1:21 PM

Damn, some of you like to berate.

by Anonymousreply 139August 25, 2022 1:24 PM

Agree, I get him not wanting to post anything related to his personal life but he can atleast use his social media accounts to promote his work.

This is why I feel he needs an agency or management that can actually guide him on how to get things done. Cause the current one is just not it. They didn't even bother to post about him getting nominated for the NTA's.

by Anonymousreply 140August 25, 2022 1:29 PM

The nature of the project is what led it to get less attention. It’s a two week run in a tiny theatre, it’s not a long enough run to pick up steam. Joe himself did well and was even one of three actors to be highlighted in the Guardian review. More fan interaction would have only really caused buzz within the HS fandom, which he already has the attention of.

Hopefully something does come out of the LA trip, and if we don’t hear of him at least booking something for the new year I hope he considers switching agencies. ITG would be my choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Obviously it’s good to strike while the iron is hot, but Joe is brand new to acting and being known at all so that’s an adjustment he has to make that the other two don’t, and is less traditionally leading man (at least for YA projects) looking than Bash and Kit. He got good press while limited for the play and May well have things in the works; hopefully the second season gives him more material to work with too.

I really do not think going to stagedoor and meet rabid fans after the play was going to make The Trials a way to launch his career much more, and the tickets I believe sold out before the run even started so I don’t know what promotion he could have done. I also hope his management is good and giving good guidance / getting him decent connections but if not at least he can sign somewhere else given the show is big and he is the actual lead.

by Anonymousreply 142August 25, 2022 1:36 PM

Yep. Some Stage Door Johnnies on this thread are just salty...

by Anonymousreply 143August 25, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote] More fan interaction would have only really caused buzz within the HS fandom, which he already has the attention of.

His attention is far less than Kit's in general. But the comment was that HS fans didn't pay any attention to The Trials (they haven't), but I can see why. There's really not much to pay attention to given the nature of the play, the short run, how few people can see it and the fact that you can't meet him after it. It's just one instance where I don't see how it's HS fans fault for not paying much attention to what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 144August 25, 2022 1:38 PM

Less attention than Kit but more attention than the rest of the cast combined. He may be back to pandering to the HS fans in about a month, but what he should have been doing during the hiatus was picking up projects to expand beyond them. Hence it not mattering if he interacted with the HS fans more at the Donmar and hence the frustration in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 145August 25, 2022 1:48 PM

Joe needs to strike while the iron is still hot. And get a better agency for himself while he's at it.

Otherwise, he's gonna be stuck being a cheerleader for others who are moving ahead in their career while he'll only have Heartstopper to speak of.

by Anonymousreply 146August 25, 2022 1:48 PM

Joe will be fine if he takes the Julian Morris route, i.e. snag a trust fund kid.

by Anonymousreply 147August 25, 2022 1:56 PM

Joe may have 101 irons in the fire no one knows of, aspirations to act on stage, and way beyond HeArTsToPpEr SoCiAl MeDiA everyone here is obsessed over

by Anonymousreply 148August 25, 2022 2:43 PM

Nobody give a shit about social media, but not sure why people whine about nobody paying attention to him when he gives people nothing to pay attention to

by Anonymousreply 149August 25, 2022 3:03 PM

The last 15 comments have been about social media/promotion/fan content.

Does he need to be switched on performing for fans 24/7? He’s got enough profile now to have options. Good for him playing them close to his chest

by Anonymousreply 150August 25, 2022 3:21 PM

They want more couple pics. That's pretty much all the complaining is about.

by Anonymousreply 151August 25, 2022 4:06 PM

Or people just want Joe to have a good career and three of the cast members have booked projects outside of HS that will be seen by a wide audience and Joe, who is the head of the show, has not booked anything (yet).

by Anonymousreply 152August 25, 2022 4:11 PM

No one mentioned couple pics? Everyone can understand him wanting to keep his personal life private based on the way some of his fans act - I just wish his work was promoted more

by Anonymousreply 153August 25, 2022 4:13 PM

Joe being more active on social media has nothing to do with booking roles in the short term.

by Anonymousreply 154August 25, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Or people just want Joe to have a good career and three of the cast members have booked projects outside of HS that will be seen by a wide audience and Joe, who is the head of the show, has not booked anything (yet).

He’s fine regardless of the “concern”

by Anonymousreply 155August 25, 2022 4:32 PM

Couldn't care less about them couple pics.

All people on here are saying is that despite being the main lead of a show that is critically acclaimed, Joe is the only one who has yet to move ahead in his career in any manner. Actors with extremely side roles in HS have managed to bag roles in movies. So, people are just talking about the difference.

by Anonymousreply 156August 25, 2022 4:33 PM

People get way too caught up with the social media comments. All people meant is that you can't complain about HS fans not caring about a tiny play when he doesn't do anything to give them reason to talk about it. Not that he should splash his personal life on his IG again. Though even Kit has thrown fans a few bones with a few pictures on IG to keep people interested in what he's doing

R155 Obviously he's fine. Just wish he would be promoted a bit better?

by Anonymousreply 157August 25, 2022 4:36 PM

Hopefully one of these days Joe (and Kit) can show up in person to accept one of these awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 25, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote] Joe is the only one who has yet to move ahead in his career in any manner

He’s just got decent reviews from a role at the Donmar, not bad for someone in am dram on Isle of Man 18 months ago

by Anonymousreply 159August 25, 2022 4:42 PM

About this, 'not bad for someone in am dram on Isle of Man 18 months ago', would've agreed to this if it had been pre-heartstopper. But right now, he's not some unknown from Isle of Man who is yet to make it. He's on the same level as the others from the Heartstopper cast. And to see, literally every random benefitting from the Heartstopper fame but not the main lead is just weird.

by Anonymousreply 160August 25, 2022 4:51 PM

Why not see him in his own context instead of comparing him to everyone else in the cast? He’s a teenager who’s gone stratospheric in a short space of time. Sure he’ll be looking at opportunities or not or whatever the hell he wants outta his life, and the people representing him are there for that. No one knows what the industry is doing for him BTS. This is faux concern because there’s fuck all content right now

by Anonymousreply 161August 25, 2022 4:59 PM

People are bound to make comparisons when there's news for three of his co-workers but nothing for him.

Next we going to hear that even the ones playing the lesbians have managed to bag something big.

by Anonymousreply 162August 25, 2022 5:06 PM

Aside from Kit, Yaz, and Bash has anyone done more? Kit and Bash have much longer resumes and Yaz is getting buzz for being a black trans actress which is obviously not a niche Joe can fill. I also hope Joe’s career takes off as he’s my favourite of the cast but while he’s the lead, comparisons to specifically bash and Kit are a bit unfair given they’re both child actors

by Anonymousreply 163August 25, 2022 5:09 PM

They're rather overgrown for child actors.

by Anonymousreply 164August 25, 2022 5:11 PM

This R163

by Anonymousreply 165August 25, 2022 5:16 PM

EvEn ThE lEsBiAnS

by Anonymousreply 166August 25, 2022 5:17 PM

All any of us can do is guess, but I got the impression Joe was mainly focused on finishing school (and hanging out with Bash) up until June. He was likely having some auditions, and definitely building connections. But he didn’t seem to have the same pressure to keep his momentum going and book his next roll before HS was even released the way Kit and Bash (who had both been acting for over a decade) did.

I’m sure he’s got plenty of auditions now and will likely work on something more substantial between filming seasons 2 & 3. Getting some theater credits on his resume in the short time between finishing school and starting to film season two makes perfect sense to me. Heartstopper is winning awards all over the place and he’s just starting his career. Joe will be fine, even if he has quit using social media.

by Anonymousreply 167August 25, 2022 5:34 PM

Joe sharing the news about Bash’s upcoming film before Bash posted about it was sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 25, 2022 5:39 PM

Speaking of school, wonder how he wound up doing with his A-levels?

by Anonymousreply 169August 25, 2022 5:46 PM

If Joe isn't signing up for any new roles, he needs to atleast sign up to some new agency that knows how to promote their client . Unlike his current one.

by Anonymousreply 170August 25, 2022 5:48 PM

On another note, Joe's best friend from back home, Sam Roe, seems to be liking the attention the fanbase is giving him.

Cause someone mentioned that he changed his pfp to a picture of Joe and him recently after all the chatter about him and Joe and about him having a playlist just for Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 25, 2022 5:58 PM

He looks even queenier than Joe. It would suck for Joe if his childhood friend started using him for attention/clout down the line.

by Anonymousreply 172August 25, 2022 6:03 PM

R171 That picture is from Joe’s birthday last year, from this party:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 25, 2022 6:07 PM

It's a publicist's job to promote, not an acting agency's.

by Anonymousreply 174August 25, 2022 6:08 PM

Joe mentioned in an interview he did with Alice about a month or two ago that he has a few things in the works but that with the industry you never know what will end up happening. Hoping for something big!

by Anonymousreply 175August 25, 2022 6:09 PM

[Quote] He looks even queenier than Joe. It would suck for Joe if his childhood friend started using him for attention/clout down the line.

Some of y'all need to go ahead and write a full script. Your messy storylines are wasted on one liners.

by Anonymousreply 176August 25, 2022 6:09 PM

He's had that pfp for awhile.

R173 Yeah, he organized his 18th birthday. Though every time Sam was around Joe was there hanging all over Bash. They also hung out on the IOM together when Bash went to visit Joe

by Anonymousreply 177August 25, 2022 6:09 PM

Sam was the one who organized Joe's 18th birthday party?

If Bash wasn't in the picture, they would've made a cute pair. The whole childhood best friends to lovers kinda thing.

by Anonymousreply 178August 25, 2022 6:18 PM

Sam is an incredibly understanding "boyfriend" if he's okay with his man having his backside touched by another man plus having another man hang off him whilst in the same room. Gotta love a conspiracy though, giving me Glee Darren/Chris circa 2012 vibes, making something out of nothing

by Anonymousreply 179August 25, 2022 6:19 PM

Bash was with Joe while he was still a minor?

by Anonymousreply 180August 25, 2022 6:19 PM

Bash was 19 when he popped 17 year old Joe’s cherry 🍒

by Anonymousreply 181August 25, 2022 6:22 PM

Escandalo!

If Sam and Joe were a thing, I doubt Sam would organize Joe's 18th, not with that usurper Bash on the guest list.

by Anonymousreply 182August 25, 2022 6:23 PM

R179 DM article triggered them + Bash is out of town so they can make up sightings of Joe out of nowhere with someone else in anon comments. 99% of the time someone sees Joe somewhere they always eventually get a picture or someone publicly sees him as well and mentions it on twitter. Joe spent most of 2021 in London according to him and 2022 has been nearly all in London other than going back there for a few days before flying back, or Bash would also fly to see him. If you are going home to see your "boyfriend" I don't think your friend would show up in the limited time you have with him. Like even Connor didn't go with Bash and Joe on their Zoo date.

R180 Obviously

by Anonymousreply 183August 25, 2022 6:32 PM

With a fan tonight (in the shirt Bash designed for charity).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 25, 2022 9:07 PM

New pic of Joe from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 25, 2022 9:07 PM

That Big Brother account was right, Joe looks like a total prick with fans.

by Anonymousreply 186August 25, 2022 9:18 PM

New (old) pic of Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 25, 2022 9:51 PM

^^ Not old. It was just posted by Dawn King.

Also, Joe seems to be glowing in all the recent pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 25, 2022 10:08 PM

You can see him holding the sweater between his legs. Now I want to know if he ripped it off just to show he was matching. And do Joe and Bash wash their clothes between mutual wearings.

by Anonymousreply 189August 25, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote]Also, Joe seems to be glowing in all the recent pics.

Yeah, semen will do that.

by Anonymousreply 190August 25, 2022 10:35 PM

R189 apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 26, 2022 4:25 AM

That sweater costs a lot of money and look what he did to it, it's not even his. If it was mine i'd be really pissed.

Showing some respect for other people's things wouldn't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 192August 26, 2022 6:45 AM

R192 Pretty sure it’s actually Joe’s. we’ve never seen it on Bash before until after Joe wore it and Joe was the one Dior primarily featured for fashion week this year. Even if it’s not, taking off a sweater and holding it between his knees for a second is hardly mishandling it. Not sure why you come on Joe’s threads just to bitch about him because you want to fuck his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 193August 26, 2022 7:29 AM

With a fan and his co-actor Honor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 26, 2022 12:43 PM

Joe immediately liked this, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 26, 2022 12:58 PM

Within the first 30 minutes. And he doesn't even follow Guz

by Anonymousreply 196August 26, 2022 1:01 PM

[quote] Speaking of school, wonder how he wound up doing with his A-levels?

R169 Probably great but not in comparison to the rest of the cast which is worrying, according to DL

by Anonymousreply 197August 26, 2022 1:04 PM

Joe is still ignoring fans at The Trials!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 26, 2022 8:33 PM

Bash’s jumper and cap, unsurprisingly

by Anonymousreply 199August 26, 2022 8:51 PM

Do the Crofts have a laundress?

by Anonymousreply 200August 26, 2022 8:58 PM

How did he even get the cap? Wasn't Bash in Charithas story yesterday with it? Maybe they have a custody agreement on it and FedEx it to each other

by Anonymousreply 201August 26, 2022 9:06 PM

Joe looks really good when he's smiling in pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 26, 2022 9:09 PM

The cap is from Wimbledon so it’s very plausible that either they both have one, or one was Charithras. But the sweatshirt in that picture is Bash’s, there’s a photo of him in it on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 203August 26, 2022 9:10 PM

R203 I thought the same initially regarding the hat but someone posted on Twitter that it’s vintage, not from the past frw years, so seems plausible it’s just bash’s. I cannot fact check that but given they live out of one another’s wardrobes seems not unlikely.

R201 I think that story might have been a throwback she was allowed to post as the film was announced, rather than an up to date pic. Joes worn it 4 times in the past week so if there is only 1 he’s kept a hold of it

by Anonymousreply 204August 26, 2022 9:14 PM

Really hope Joe books something soon both for the sake of his career and so half of these threads aren’t an analysis of the same 3 caps and 4 jumpers every time he’s photographed.

by Anonymousreply 205August 26, 2022 9:19 PM

Oh, do shut up. The second season of HS will keep him busy. Book a fucking role yourself, dear.

by Anonymousreply 206August 26, 2022 9:27 PM

"I'm screaming crying!!"

How any actor, much less an 18 year old, can manage this level of hysterical intensity every time he encounters a 'fan' in the road, is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 207August 26, 2022 9:28 PM

Heartstopper will start filming soon and Joe's birthday is also coming up. And most probably they will be attending the NTA's as well.

September is going to be a busy month for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 208August 26, 2022 9:32 PM

Will Bash sit beside Joe at the NTA's?

by Anonymousreply 209August 26, 2022 9:36 PM

I doubt it

by Anonymousreply 210August 26, 2022 9:56 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 211August 26, 2022 9:57 PM

The show is nominated itself so maybe Bash and more of the cast will go?

by Anonymousreply 212August 26, 2022 9:57 PM

I hope they get time off work to attend the awards! It's mid week and they'll just have started filming a couple of days before, according to an article.

by Anonymousreply 213August 26, 2022 10:03 PM

If members of the cast go Bash likely wouldn’t be one of them unless he specifically was Joe’s date. They’ve been promoting voting and they’ve been tagging the entire cast (including rhea and Jenny etc) in the stories but not Bash. That’s why when he did post about voting he had to post the article itself and not reshare the story like everyone else. I’m thinking very little Bash in season 2

by Anonymousreply 214August 26, 2022 10:42 PM

NTAs are a pretty big deal; they’ll definitely be at the awards ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 215August 26, 2022 10:43 PM

It will be sad if Bash isn't seated with Joe. Even Whitney Elizabeth Houston had Robyn by her side at her first American Music Awards.

by Anonymousreply 216August 26, 2022 10:45 PM

Joe doesn't seem that excited about the NTA nomination. He hasn't posted much about it all. Like how he was posting back in May and kept on urging everyone to keep voting for them.

Maybe he knows that the HS fandom will anyways end up favoring Kit over him in the voting department.

by Anonymousreply 217August 26, 2022 10:47 PM

At the very least Kit, Joe, Alice and producers will be there…

by Anonymousreply 218August 26, 2022 10:47 PM

If Joe has to go and watch Kit obviously win over him they should at least allow him to sit with him boyfriend and not have to pander to HS fans who didn't vote for him while he has to pretend he's attracted to Kit. The indignity of it all.

by Anonymousreply 219August 27, 2022 1:56 AM

They’re going to vote split and Charithra from Bridgerton will win.

by Anonymousreply 220August 27, 2022 3:28 AM

You are underestimating Kit's popularity Kit's IG posts get over a million likes for everything. Hers get like 30k-50k and she has less than a million followers. Rabid fans are who vote for this shit, not the general public.

by Anonymousreply 221August 27, 2022 3:43 AM

Joe should go into the supporting category.

by Anonymousreply 222August 27, 2022 3:43 AM

Wearing Bash’s Rowing Blazers hoodie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 27, 2022 3:50 AM

Was Bash a cox?

by Anonymousreply 224August 27, 2022 3:52 AM

R223 The most thrilling thing to happen lately is the mystery of Joe's hat

by Anonymousreply 225August 27, 2022 3:53 AM

R224 Bash was on the rowing team when he went to St. Edward’s in Oxford. Don’t think he was the coxswain though.

[quote]First #rowing fixture of the season 1st race @abingdonschool @TeddiesOxford with @SebastianCroft starting now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 27, 2022 5:54 AM

This thread is paywalled apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 27, 2022 1:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!