Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Seph Locke

By request.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 21, 2022 7:38 PM

Okay.

So maybe if Robert Downey Jr. and Brooke Shields had a kid, it WOULDN'T be beautiful.

I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2022 3:01 PM

With Bash and Alice (and fans) earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2022 4:07 PM

Let's use this as back up, not a co-thread.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2022 4:19 PM

Opening night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 2:38 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 2:23 PM

Joe’s speech at the Isle of Man Pride. He is so well-spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 2:40 PM

And Joe’s mum was spotted at the IOM Pride wearing the Dylan and Derek shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 2:42 PM

[Quote] He is so well-spoken.

He is a credit to his race.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 2:56 PM

I’ve gotten the feeling for a while now that if Joe hadn’t gotten into acting he might have tried his hand at politics. This speech reinforced that for me. It was great and I hope he’s able to make it next year in person.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 3:20 PM

Has Joe sat at the feet of Glena Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 3:24 PM

R9 Agreed he seems very politically active and the rest of the cast has described him as very smart

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 4:28 PM

Much better quality speech about a minute and a half in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 8:44 PM

In the play Joe’s character is apparently fairly radical and a bit of a dick, and hooks up with a character played by a biological female (non-binary in the show, idk about real life, but clearly a female body and wearing a skirt). Interesting and good to show his range if he can play “non gay” and being a prick rather than the super pure, both saintlike Charlie and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 8:55 PM

Joe recently followed this account. He seems to be enjoying himself during his off time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 1:28 AM

It’s also followed by Will and Wasia Project.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 4:06 AM

It's a popular place. Also apparently pretty shit nowadays and full of too many straight women or so the reviews say.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 5:10 AM

Joe recently with Will while rehearsing for The Trials.

They look good together. Wouldn't mind seeing them play love interests in the future maybe in some project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 6:06 AM

Thought it was cute that they went out and talked to the fans together. In general, it’s great that the cast have each other as a support system given that they’re so young and were thrust so suddenly into the limelight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 6:38 AM

R18 yeah going out together or skipping stage door together (as they did last night) is smart, helps them nip in and out faster and doesn’t make either look like a dick if they skip meeting fans and the other doesn’t

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 6:44 AM

Wondering if Joe will be able to attend as he'll most probably be busy with the play on those days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 8:42 AM

I doubt it. It's in Scotland. I guess he could fly but seems like a lot of trouble. Though I'll never understand why people care about them reuniting.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Who the hell is this?

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 9:15 AM

IIRC that appearance was announced on the same week that The Trials was announced (so ostensibly Joe would’ve known about the scheduling issue before those announcements were made), but I think it might be too much of a hassle. Unless he has an understudy or something.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 9:15 AM

Nick and Charlie's first kiss has been nominated in the 'TV Moment of the Year 2022' category, so if there's a possibility of them winning, he might make a brief appearance to just accept the award along with Kit. Who knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 9:26 AM

Are there any actual gay men posting in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 9:31 AM

I don't think anyone in this thread should be pressured to come out.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 1:11 PM

R14 Gay man goes to gay club. Where’s the gossip or pointless bitchery here?

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 5:18 PM

There's zero gossip about it. Just an observation. Probably not a gay in London who hasn't been to that club. Though now every person will say their friend saw Joe there.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 6:05 PM

I can't imagine Wasia Project doing a gay club P.A.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 6:09 PM

The club follows william gao but not Joe locke. Atleast not yet.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 6:22 PM

G-A-Y has become awful but Joe and Bash have definitely been there, I’m pretty sure they took Connor to G-A-Y last year because he mentioned having been there. Bash also liked this the other day:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 6:25 PM

Not sure where this is from, it’s going around on SM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2022 7:07 AM

R32 It's cool seeing the photos, but always dread to think where people dig them up from. Hopefully not a stalkerish deep dive of family members'/friends' social media.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2022 9:58 AM

All those Heartstopper threads are beyond stalkerish r33, with fraus looking for photos everywhere and over-analyzing every detail and social media comments.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2022 10:06 AM

R33 he looks a good bit younger there so I’m guessing a friend’s social media. Would’ve surely resurfaced by now if it had been on his own IG at some point

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2022 10:47 AM

Pictures from the play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2022 11:38 AM

First one is a good photo of him

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 11:54 AM

Isle of Pride posted this video of Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 12:09 PM

R33 let’s post em and chat anyway!

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 12:52 PM

A video from the opening night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 1:20 PM

Another picture from the play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 1:38 PM

Old photo that I guess was just recently posted from Soho Music Festival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 2:03 PM

A fan says they saw Bash's parents at the Trials, who knows if true or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2022 10:56 PM

Expected they'd go. Poor Bash. Everyone will see it before he can.

Joe's character sounds fun. Shame I can't watch it. I want to see him be a little shit.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2022 11:36 PM

Joe is such a versatile actor. Hope things work out for him after season 2 of Heartstopper and he finally gets the appreciation and credit for his acting skills.

And yeah, his character in The Trials seems to be fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2022 3:53 AM

Saw the play yesterday. Actually not a bad cast overall given their ages and inexperience (two of the actors were pretty mediocre but the rest were decent to good), though the script was heavy handed. Joe was definitely the standout. he wasn’t Olivier quality but was genuinely entertaining and was very different from his performance in Heartstopper. Went with a friend who has no interest in Heartstopper and he said the same unprompted. He hooks up with a character who is non-binary but is played by a woman and wears feminine clothing. Wouldn’t say he comes off as the straightest man of all time, but he actually pulled off that chemistry pretty well and I actually am more convinced if he was cast as straight in particular roles (like the “sensitive” “poetic” guy) he could handle it.

by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2022 4:03 AM

I haven’t seen Joe’s Dad anywhere. Did he went out to get milk ???

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2022 5:35 AM

As always he looks cute in some pics and looks homely in others, idk what's the deal with him, I thought he's gonna have a glow up then I see hia weirdly shaped face

by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2022 5:47 AM

R48 he honestly looked way better in person than in photos; I never thought he was ugly but thought from photos he was maybe mildly attractive. Then in the play I actually found him quite good looking

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2022 7:00 AM

R49 I'm not surprised to hear that he looks better in person, I've seen some of heartstopper vlogs, he looked really good there than he ever did in insta pics or in most part of the series. Actors need to have a photogenic face to hold attention, I don't know what he's gonna do.

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2022 7:38 AM

They don't need a photogenetic face exactly. They need an interesting face and a compelling personality. There are a lot of .. interesting looking British actors out there that are doing just fine.

I'm curious how thin he looks in person since sometimes in pictures he looks like a strong wind would blow him over.

by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2022 7:43 AM

If Benedict Cumberbatch and Adam Driver are still employed with those faces, Joe will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2022 8:19 AM

R51 very thin, I think photos are fairly accurate there. Even next to Will who is also very slender he was noticeably skinny

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 8:27 AM

R46 That's cool, thanks for sharing! It's great that Joe was the standout - I had a feeling that he'd be good at playing a darker/angrier role like that.

Joe was a standout as opposed to Will, then? How was Will? I know he's done some theatre before but I wasn't ultra impressed with his acting in Heartstopper.

Also, did the audience behave themselves? No inappropriate shrieking from teenage girls when Joe and Will came on?

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 11:15 AM

I wonder if Kit will get chance to see Joe's show? His filming schedule might not allow it, which would be a shame. Similarly with Bash.

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 11:16 AM

R54 obviously opinions may vary here on standout but I did think it was Joe, though a few others were also good. Keep in mind I did think the writing had definite high points and weaknesses so Joe wasn’t flawless and had some awkward moments but I think overall did a good job and was genuinely funny. Giving spoilers, Will’s character was meant to be kind of an oddly funny likable guy with a clear crush on the main girl (offers to recite cheesy poetry to her), and later feels betrayed because she lies about her parents’ culpability in climate crimes. He did a decent job with it and was definitely likable; I want to be fair to him as I think his character was one of the more unevenly written ones.

Audience was on good behavior and all the younger cast entered at the same time and came out for bows at the same time so Joe and Will weren’t noticeably more applauded which was a smart move.

R55 I’m sure they would have at least one day off filming in the time the show is playing. Might be a tough sell for Kit to make the journey in from and back to York if it’s only a day (fair enough) but given how joined at the hip Bash and Joe are I suspect we’ll see him make an appearance at one of the shows.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 11:59 AM

R56 Thanks! I wonder if official reviews will be written about the show - it'll be interesting to hear their feedback too, in terms of standouts/quality etc.

Thank god for the audience behaving - I was kinda worried it would be a bunch of squealing teen girls excited to see actors from Heartstopper, and it would taint the experience for the actors. We don't want them to resent the show when they still have at least two seasons left to shoot!

I reckon Kit will make the journey if he can - if it was just Joe, maybe not, but he seems especially close to Will. When it was announced, Kit posted on Instagram that he couldn't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Joe’s Pride speech for IOM is getting press attention (mostly from gay publications thus far), and the Manx government has committed to changing the blood donation policy to be in line with the rest of the UK. Good for him, nice bit of press

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 1:21 PM

I honestly think Kit will go if he can swing it. Joe and Will are two of the cast members he’s closest with. It’s just unfortunate how short the play run is.

Anyway, saw this on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 2:38 PM

It would be nice to see Kit attending his co-stars play

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 2:39 PM

(In case it’s deleted.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 2:39 PM

[quote]Joe and Will are two of the cast members he’s closest with.

R59 Kit seems closer to Bash, they’ve been hanging out together in York when not working. Kit is closest to Will but I don’t think anyone has spotted Kit and Joe hanging out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 2:43 PM

R62 “Two of the cast members he’s closest with” does not imply that they’re the only two he’s closest with, they’re just the two being discussed by merit of being in the play.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2022 2:50 PM

R62 I agree Bash and Kit are close, but think he and Joe are too. Bash and Kit happened to be filming in the same location with a group of other young stars, I think if any two members of the cast were doing the same they would likely hang out on a day off. Also Kit and joe out together in public would not be left alone by fans for a second. I think they’ve gotten closer since the show’s release and weathering the insane increase in attention together; obviously pride was a PR thing but a lot of their more casual interactions during it looked very organically fond. Last year Kit’s post for Joe’s birthday was a quick video of them hanging out at Bash’s house and fans seemed surprised as they didn’t know they’d hung out like that off set, both have referenced texting one another one on one. Kit seems closest to Will and Bash and Joe of the cast

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2022 2:50 PM

Joe and Kit don’t seem like they click much outside the show. It doesn’t surprise me that Kit is closer to Bash and Will, they seem like a better match personality wise.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 3:07 PM

Joe and Kit may not have clicked before but there definitely seems to be a change in their dynamic recently. They seem much more comfortable with each other. Like in this video, they don't come across as awkward like how they used to in some of their older interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2022 3:12 PM

R65 Many on-screen couples are played by actors with little to no off-screen chemistry, I don't think Kit and Joe dislike each other but they just don't seem like two people who would be friends.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Recalling their interactions before the show aired, those weren’t awkward either. I think what people are perceiving in the interviews might have been the effect of the environment more so than the vibe between them, but even then I think the awkwardness in interviews has always been over-exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Not awkward just devoid of any chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2022 3:22 PM

They have plenty of chemistry.

I mentioned upthread that I thought Joe would have gone into politics if he hadn’t gone into acting. Gotta say, he has a pretty good start if he decides that’s something he’s interested in doing down the line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2022 3:30 PM

R64 I'd agree with most of that! The Joe Kit relationship is an interesting one - I'd love to see how they interact when no one's watching and they aren't being interviewed etc. It's hard to work out.

I think Kit's closer to Will and maybe Bash, but I agree that Joe and Kit have become closer over time. Maybe it's more of a slow burn of a friendship. I can't see them hanging out much one on one and they clearly aren't besties, but they've hung out together multiple times with other cast members. And the fact that Kit is close with Bash and Joe is dating Bash means that they'll likely see each other quite a lot anyway. I think the fairly relaxed 'taxi around London' interview was probably the best demonstration of their friendship.

The fact that they got to know each other alongside having to kiss over and over and act smitten with each other may well add a layer of weirdness to their real-life friendship - especially if Kit is straight. They might have (subconsciously) developed the 'taking the mick' relationship as a slight coping mechanism against the awkwardness.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2022 3:47 PM

Joe tweeted to soften the blow of the fans being told that the cast will not be stagedooring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2022 3:58 PM

Makes sense, also wonder if some of it's because people really only only care about Joe stagedooring and maybe a little Will. I know everyone was going there to get their HS books signed.

I

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2022 4:25 PM

It looks like Kizzy and Corinna replaced Joe and Kit for the TV Fest we were discussing earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2022 5:12 PM

R72.Does anyone follow covid restrictions anymore or was it just an excuse to say “ Get the hell away from stage doors “ ???

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2022 5:28 PM

R74 Wow, that was a quick turnaround! Hadn't they only just announced that Kit and Joe were attending that together? Although Kit had been announced months ago...

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2022 5:34 PM

R75 Nobody really does anymore unless they are traveling.

I'm not sure if other actors were going out too, but I don't think Joe has other than the first night? I'm sure HS fans were lining up waiting for him and disappointed when he didn't show. Better to just end it all together.

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2022 5:35 PM

R76 Joe and Kit were announced for the Masterclass back in June and Kit was additionally announced as a presenter for their awards ceremony, which I think led to some confusion at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2022 5:41 PM

I'm guessing it's because it clashes with Kit's filming and Joe's play? Surprised it's quite a last-minute announcement though, as they've known the play and (likely) filming dates for a while.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2022 5:52 PM

Filming for season 2 is said to start on September 16 according to this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2022 5:59 PM

It actually says September 13th, so clearly the article is just making dates up! There's also no way it'll release in spring 2023.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2022 6:02 PM

Oh hang on, ignore my comment above, I got August and September confused... it's been a long day.

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2022 6:03 PM

It's weird that so many of you all think Kit and Bash are more close, just because they hugged tight, or met each other somewhere? It's pretty clear Kit is more close to Joe, since they make fun of each other,and are comfortable with each other considering they have spent so much time filming together.

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2022 6:33 PM

I don't think either one are all that close. Kit and Bash or Joe and Kit would not go out of their way to hang out with each other on a normal day.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2022 6:34 PM

R83 I’ve followed them on social media for over a year and Kit and Bash have hung out several times on their own and with Will. They seemed to have the most in common and all live in London.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2022 6:39 PM

All three of them are the ones out of the cast that have hung out with Kit alongside his non-famous friends, so arguing a hierarchy is a moot point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2022 6:44 PM

Heartstopper fans really don't care about anyone other than Kit, do they?

Barring some fans, it was legit crickets when the news about the Isle of Man government reversing the law after Joe's speech dropped. But compare that to them talking about Kit's new movie now. Perks of being a white straight man, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2022 7:30 PM

The discourse around Kit’s casting devolved into arguments about the validity of romcoms versus the discourse around Joe’s IOM speech being purely positive, so I’ll take the latter.

by Anonymousreply 88August 16, 2022 7:37 PM

R87 Pretty sad to see. Joe's news gets 100 retweets maybe and Kit's basic romcom gets thousands on multiple accounts in less than an hour

by Anonymousreply 89August 16, 2022 7:41 PM

Another GQ article for Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2022 7:46 PM

Even about The Trials, rarely any of them fans were talking about it or about Joe's performance in it. Joe really does get treated like a side character in the fandom.

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2022 7:50 PM

R88 Not really seeing any discourse. His fans don't even care it's a straight movie since they are now saying it's the gayest straight romcom ever made.

And Kit's thread got deleted. Muriel really hates Kit and Connor J.

by Anonymousreply 92August 16, 2022 7:50 PM

Really hope, season 2 works out in Joe's favor.

Cause he really is a talented actor. And he is also an openly gay actor who uses his platform to talk about important things . So, to see him get sidelined constantly all cause he isn't a stereotypical white straight man like Kit, even by the fandom that loves to act performative at all times just pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2022 7:54 PM

R91 oh Kit and to some (different way) extent Yaz are the fandom gods. People will often write rants on how Yaz is changing the world because she shows up to accept an Icon award or attends the Trans Pride march; meanwhile Joe also goes to Pride and legitimately helps push a local government to immediately change a law and gets pretty little attention. He’s not diverse enough to be the super woke’s praised one (unless black Trans woman) and isn’t the one they’re thirsty over like Kit. I’m hopeful for Joe long term. He is talented, getting good reviews from viewers for the play, smart and eloquent, and will hopefully have a good s2 storyline.

by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2022 7:57 PM

The interest in Yaz is much more performative than the interest in any other cast member.

That being said, I also don’t fully get why people on here put so much stock on what teenaged fraus on Twitter say or do at all. Joe’s speech was covered by the BBC. Someone posted him featured in GQ a couple of links up. He’s getting attention from the people and places that actually matter on a level that is head and shoulders above the rest of the cast bar Kit. He’s not being sidelined in the real world.

The one thing that is unfortunate is that The Trials is not being professionally reviewed, I assume to spare the younger cast or something?

by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2022 8:24 PM

Heartstopper fandom loves to act performative and woke all the time but will then go on to only talk about the white straight guy from the cast instead of the openly gay actor.

by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2022 8:24 PM

New video posted by Donmar Warehouse from the opening night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2022 8:27 PM

Wish they’d post a video of the actual performances, that clip is way too theater kid for me to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2022 8:29 PM

Joe's mum and Bash's mum went to see the play today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2022 9:12 PM

Reviews for The Trials are coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2022 10:07 AM

Another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2022 10:08 AM

This one says that Joe was one of the standout performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2022 11:03 AM

Is there a new Kit thread? If so, can someone post it?

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2022 12:02 PM

Try this old one. All Kit threads get deleted so no use trying to do one with his name in it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2022 12:08 PM

We're using this Kit thread now, FYI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2022 12:08 PM

The girl at r102 looks like Joan Fontaine.

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2022 1:40 PM

Joe meeting fans after his play yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2022 3:10 PM

Video from Joe's 18th birthday party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2022 8:50 PM

I think I remember seeing that a year ago but I didn’t think to ask, is that his dad? Have we seen his dad at all?

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2022 9:32 PM

I don't think his Dad is in the picture

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2022 1:11 AM

Someone said he mentioned a half sibling, but I don't know if that's true. I don't think his dad is really in his life. It's just him and his mom.

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2022 1:17 AM

Kit and Alice posted about IOM reversing the blood donation ban thanks to Joe’s speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2022 9:59 AM

One more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2022 11:18 AM

Jenny who plays his older sister also posted about it. Bash’s post is sweet.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2022 11:28 AM

Bash posted as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2022 2:01 PM

R115 Yeah, it was 2 posts above yours.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2022 2:48 PM

I think some people have Previews turned off on this site.

by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2022 3:18 PM

If Joe hadn’t basically quit social media I would be expecting some sort of jokey Tiktok about his A-level results today.

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2022 4:33 PM

So people are really tracking which of the cast members actually comment/repost his stories....ok Isn't that a tad obsessive and what's that word? Weird???

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2022 8:58 PM

It’s not really tracking, when you follow Instagram accounts the first likes you see on any post are from the accounts you follow and you obviously see stories as they’re posted. Are you an eldergay that doesn’t get social media?

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2022 9:13 PM

Connor's on his way back to London. Maybe we'll get some Joe and Connor content.

by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2022 3:37 AM

R121 Flipping heck, he barely left!

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2022 11:42 AM

North America reminds Connor too much of Miles. Maybe Love awaits in London.

by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2022 12:39 PM

Bash isn’t going to fuck you, Connor. Go home.

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2022 1:52 PM

NTA shortlist should be releasing this or next week. Heartstopper fans seemed to come out in force this year and urge everyone to vote twice with different emails so wouldn’t be shocked if Joe and Kit both made the shortlist, but fully expect Kit got more votes.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2022 2:15 PM

Yaz went to The Trials, it looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2022 2:21 PM

Joe spotted with a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2022 2:46 PM

R127 sort of looks like outreach to the meth crowd

by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Joe and Connor with a fan today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 19, 2022 4:52 PM

R129 Joe is wearing Bash’s vintage Wimbledon cap:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 19, 2022 6:25 PM

Joe is probably staying at the Croft's house still if he's wearing Bash's clothes

by Anonymousreply 131August 19, 2022 6:58 PM

I find it unlikely that he’s been staying with the Crofts all this time while the trials is going on, especially with Bash not even being in London for weeks

by Anonymousreply 132August 19, 2022 7:09 PM

If he was staying there before, not sure why they'd kick him out of the house just because Bash is working. They seem to really love Joe. Not sure where he was living before though. He could have his own place.

by Anonymousreply 133August 19, 2022 7:12 PM

R125 I know it isn't life or death, but I really hope after all Joe's queer campaigning etc lately that it isn't just Kit and not Joe who makes the shortlist.

by Anonymousreply 134August 19, 2022 8:12 PM

Seems almost certain he lives with the Crofts? They let 28 year old Connor who is just Bash’s friend stay with them for a month last year and a few weeks this year, and Joe is Bash’s actual boyfriend so I’m sure they’re even more welcoming. As R133 said the whole family seems to love Joe and it seems like he half lived with them last year considering he said in an interview he spent more time in London than IOM in 2021. Also the paparazzi photos from a few weeks ago had bash’s parents picking Joe up from rehearsal and Doulla has apparently seen his play twice. Even if it is likely a bit weirder or more awkward staying there while bash is in York they’re hardly going to kick him out, especially as the show starts filming in a few weeks and getting a place would be a total waste of money

by Anonymousreply 135August 19, 2022 8:13 PM

I guess I was just assuming that joe won’t be moving back to the IOM since he’ll have so many more opportunities in London, and figured he’d start renting his own flat

by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2022 8:17 PM

R136 agreed he’ll stick in London and can fully see him renting his own place after s2; just think it’s unlikely that it was worth it to sign a lease for a year just to live there from end of June through September and then be on set for months, especially given he and Bash seem joined at the hip

by Anonymousreply 137August 19, 2022 8:24 PM

He won't go back to IOM I don't think. Just not sure he's had time to really move into his own place with everything going on yet. He's kind had a whirlwind summer since he finished school.

by Anonymousreply 138August 19, 2022 8:24 PM

What's even funnier is a group of strangers guessing about some random stranger's living arrangements. Has he disclosed where he's living? No thank gosh because it's private so stop speculating and talk about something more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 139August 19, 2022 8:26 PM

It's a gossip website in case you didn't know. And he barely leaves whatever location he's living at lately. Thanks Connor for dragging him out.

by Anonymousreply 140August 19, 2022 8:28 PM

He's probably just busy with the play right, he was all over the place earlier in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 141August 19, 2022 9:01 PM

How do you know Bash hasn't been home since he started working on his project? Maybe he goes home for the weekend. You're assuming he's working 24/7 without a break? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 142August 19, 2022 9:07 PM

Jumping in here, but he was definitely in York last weekend because that’s when he was spotted with Kit. If he’s only off on weekends it would make sense for him just to stay in the area instead of traveling back and forth. It’s not like he’s going to be in York for ages.

by Anonymousreply 143August 19, 2022 9:32 PM

R140 this isn’t gossip it’s just tedious

by Anonymousreply 144August 19, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] Bash’s vintage Wimbledon cap

lol

by Anonymousreply 145August 19, 2022 9:37 PM

Joe gets to live at the Croft plush pad while in London? What does Bash get in the Isle of Man?

by Anonymousreply 146August 19, 2022 10:09 PM

On the IOM, Bash gets to shop at Tesco with Joe’s mom and visit escape rooms, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 147August 19, 2022 10:31 PM

New pic of Joe with fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2022 10:54 AM

Nice first photo, but the third slide/video slightly makes me want to vomit. The strut, the hair flick.... bleh.

by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2022 11:33 AM

What a good job we’re not little girls bitching about other little girls

by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2022 12:12 PM

Leave those girls alone R149

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2022 12:41 PM

R151 Lol I mean, they aren't here...

by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2022 1:43 PM

you are, why aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2022 2:13 PM

Regarding his Pride speech, is that a local MANX accent or received pronunciation?

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2022 3:24 PM

Joe spotted with a fan today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2022 4:49 PM

Someone just pointed this out. And now I'm wondering what this acting job is that he's talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2022 5:55 PM

I assumed it was Heartstopper because of the “now 18” bit. He’s turning 19 next month so if he was cast when he was 17 it would have to be Heartstopper, no?

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2022 7:11 PM

R158 R157 I’m sure it was the rehearsed play he did with Will a few months ago

by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2022 7:15 PM

There go my hopes about a new acting gig.

Anyways, now I'm genuinely curious as to what he was doing in LA alone a few weeks back.

by Anonymousreply 160August 20, 2022 7:27 PM

My guess would be either meeting with agencies or auditioning for things to film during the hiatus between HS 2 and 3. He could also have hypothetically shot a guest spot for something? Beyond that I don’t think he would have had time for anything more than that.

by Anonymousreply 161August 20, 2022 7:37 PM

Kit and Bash went to see The Trials today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2022 8:36 PM

Wahoo! Glad they got to see it. I wonder if it makes Joe way more nervous, having this constant trickle of people he knows coming to see the show. Especially as the audience is small enough that he'd be able to see them easily.

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2022 8:42 PM

Hopefully, in the next few weeks, we get some news regarding Joe's LA trip. If it was regarding a new agency or if it was related to some new acting gig.

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2022 8:43 PM

This makes it sound like it was more than just Kit and Bash there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2022 8:54 PM

“not kit, jenny, bash and connor being at the trials tonight omg”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2022 9:21 PM

Is Jenny attached?

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2022 9:24 PM

I was at the trials tonight, I saw Bash, Kit, Jenny and Connor Jessup there. They were with other friends too who I vaguely recognised but wouldn't know who there were. Bash's parents were there too but not sat with Bash, they did wave at each other though!

by Anonymousreply 168August 20, 2022 10:01 PM

Joe was WAY more attractive in person, to the point where your eye is naturally drawn to him

by Anonymousreply 169August 20, 2022 10:08 PM

How was Joe's performance today? As there were so many cast members present there today, did he seem nervous?

by Anonymousreply 170August 20, 2022 10:11 PM

Shame that there was a technical hitch on the night when lots of friends/family were there!

by Anonymousreply 171August 20, 2022 10:13 PM

I didn't pick up any nerves, there was a problem with the set at the end where something didn't come down so they had to do a different ending (still the same plot though) there is a bit where he does a monologue which was essentially said straight at Bash/Connor just purely because of where they were sitting

by Anonymousreply 172August 20, 2022 10:13 PM

The Trials sounds not much above a staged reading. What was the technical hitch? Someone's lectern fell off the stage?

by Anonymousreply 173August 20, 2022 10:15 PM

Almost every single person who has seen The Trials says the same thing about Joe being way more attractive in person and that pictures don't do him justice.

And about his pictures, once he learns how to pose properly in them, even the pictures will come out good.

by Anonymousreply 174August 20, 2022 10:22 PM

A cage was suppose to lower on the stage and it didn't, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 20, 2022 10:23 PM

[Quote] Joe being way more attractive in person and that pictures don't do him justice.

I don't think this is terribly flattering. Someone said this to Wendy Williams during the Ask Wendy segment. It was not received as a simple compliment. (Because it isn't.)

by Anonymousreply 176August 20, 2022 11:08 PM

It’s hilarious that the Donmar made an entire announcement about the cast not stage dooring and the HS fans are still stalking Joe and Will. They’re lucky that they’re both so nice and accommodating.

by Anonymousreply 177August 20, 2022 11:33 PM

Will doesn't seem to mind meeting them. He hugged a few fans , seemed to hang out a bit with them and the fans met other cast members of the play and had to pretend to know something about it. I seriously wonder if the announcement was because Joe didn't want to do it. Like who gives a shit about covid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 178August 20, 2022 11:39 PM

[Quote] They’re lucky that they’re both so nice and accommodating.

Oh, please. Heartstopper may be the highlight of their whole careers. It benefits them to be nice.

by Anonymousreply 179August 20, 2022 11:41 PM

The same people who took pictures with the cast earlier now met them while drunk. They said they took pictures with him so we’ll be seeing those soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 20, 2022 11:49 PM

Oop. I hope none of them make the mistake of fucking a fan.

by Anonymousreply 181August 20, 2022 11:51 PM

Joe and Bash spotted together outside the theatre.

How come there still isn't a Joe pic yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 20, 2022 11:52 PM

R180 These girls kinda seem like stalkers. They've been the cast more than once. Will what did you do

R181 Kit watch out...

by Anonymousreply 183August 20, 2022 11:56 PM

R181 Don’t think any of them would, but Will recognized one of the girls from the BAFTAs and tipped them off about the rest of the cast so if one of them were to…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 20, 2022 11:58 PM

[Quote] Don’t think any of them would

The cast are young and if they meet fans when both sides are all drunk...

by Anonymousreply 185August 21, 2022 12:02 AM

R185 The fans are teenage girls. I think some of them will be fine for obviously reasons.

I think hung out is probably an exaggeration too. Seems like they took some silly pictures and left since they are currently being attention whores about the pictures on twitter right now.

by Anonymousreply 186August 21, 2022 12:05 AM

They just posted the pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2022 12:08 AM

Not that exciting

by Anonymousreply 188August 21, 2022 12:10 AM

Kit actually does look kind of sexy in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 21, 2022 12:11 AM

Who is that on Bash's back? Nell Tyger Lily?

by Anonymousreply 190August 21, 2022 12:11 AM

Could Joe be more of a bottom if he tried though....

by Anonymousreply 191August 21, 2022 12:12 AM

Joe and Will seem to have really grown close.

by Anonymousreply 192August 21, 2022 12:12 AM

OMG...I'm going to cry.

by Anonymousreply 193August 21, 2022 12:14 AM

The pictures are pretty cute.

I refuse to believe that Nell Tiger Free is a real name.

by Anonymousreply 194August 21, 2022 12:16 AM

Joe is anyone's if they carry him.

by Anonymousreply 195August 21, 2022 12:16 AM

It could be worse. She could be named Imogen Poots.

by Anonymousreply 196August 21, 2022 12:16 AM

R195 That's what I'm saying. A whore in the making if you will.

by Anonymousreply 197August 21, 2022 12:17 AM

Joe just needs someone to carry him at all times.

by Anonymousreply 198August 21, 2022 12:18 AM

Now I'm picturing Joe as Ariana Grande for Halloween. Could Bash pull off Pete Davidson or Mac Miller?

by Anonymousreply 199August 21, 2022 12:19 AM

I don’t blame him, If I weighed 100 lbs soaking wet I’d also take advantage of it and use everyone else as my mule.

by Anonymousreply 200August 21, 2022 12:19 AM

R200 Same. I was going to say I need Connor to hold Joe, but he already has.

by Anonymousreply 201August 21, 2022 12:23 AM

There are videos as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 21, 2022 12:23 AM

Not to be an eldergay, but the live videos are the ones that are basically a gif that you take on an iPhone, right?

by Anonymousreply 203August 21, 2022 12:24 AM

Live videos are broadcast in real time over the internet. They may then be archived or screen recorded by fans.

by Anonymousreply 204August 21, 2022 12:25 AM

R203 I think that’s what they mean too

by Anonymousreply 205August 21, 2022 12:28 AM

Haven't read all of the Heartstopper comics but what's this hickey scene that's going to be there in season 2 that fans keep talking about? Most of them are excited about Kit giving Joe a hickey. Is it an explicit scene?

by Anonymousreply 206August 21, 2022 12:50 AM

It's not a hickey. It's Karposi's Sarcoma. Season 2 will be real dark.

by Anonymousreply 207August 21, 2022 12:52 AM

R206 Nick gives Charlie a hickey on the Paris trip. If I’m remembering correctly it leads to questions during a game of truth or dare and that’s when Nick starts coming out to people at school.

by Anonymousreply 208August 21, 2022 12:55 AM

R206 It's too hot to handle

And yes, that's basically the whole thing. Just more giggling kissing as usual before Charlie says to stop or they'll get caught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 21, 2022 12:56 AM

I'm still a bit baffled at the ending to Season One. Nick holds Charlie's hand and they walk off to have a chat inside the school. Is it a coming out? The handholding automatically means gay romance? Did they finish the rugby game without him?

by Anonymousreply 210August 21, 2022 12:57 AM

It's going to be a field day for the fans who want Joe and Kit to date in real life as well when the hickey scene from season 2 drops.

by Anonymousreply 211August 21, 2022 1:00 AM

R210 I assume the game went on without Nick and I THINK we’re supposed to believe that the only people that caught on are the ones that already explicitly knew about Nick and Charlie plus Imogen (because she had the conversation with Nick so it clicked easier for her).

Found the hickey page in case anyone wants to read it + the aftermath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 21, 2022 1:06 AM

Well, it's kinda meta if nobody thinks they are dating in the show given that the fandom tries to deny Bash and Joe are a couple.

by Anonymousreply 213August 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Fans already have a hard time differentiating between Nick and Charlie & Joe and Kit, so once these explicit scenes start rolling out in the later seasons, I can see them fans go all out with the 'shipping the actors' thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 21, 2022 1:26 AM

R214 It's already mild as hell, but it'll probably be toned down somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 215August 21, 2022 1:28 AM

I don't know how they have a hard time separating their characters and the actors. Have they never seen Joe and Kit interviewed together. There is no sexual tension or soppy romance energy between the two.

by Anonymousreply 216August 21, 2022 1:33 AM

I’ve seen like, 10 people tops ship the actors. This isn’t Glee 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 217August 21, 2022 1:38 AM

I'd like to see someone top the actors.

by Anonymousreply 218August 21, 2022 1:39 AM

DL is obsessed with “the fans” seriously have none of you been around fan behavior before

by Anonymousreply 219August 21, 2022 7:16 AM

R201 when did Connor carry Joe?

by Anonymousreply 220August 21, 2022 8:50 AM

R220

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 21, 2022 8:59 AM

Joe and Bash spotted today but no pictures as of yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 21, 2022 9:14 AM

Would someone mind setting up a new Kit thread (maybe not using the name Kit Connor as they keep getting deleted)? The other one is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 223August 21, 2022 1:50 PM

This one is paywalled?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 21, 2022 2:27 PM

Alice replied to someone about seeing The Trials.

At this point most of them have gone to see him, right? Alice, Tobie, Rhea, Yaz, Jenny, Kit, Bash…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 21, 2022 2:31 PM

They've all seen it. Bash needs to see it again to catch up with his mom. And maybe the cage will work the next time.

by Anonymousreply 226August 21, 2022 2:35 PM

R226 It is, yeah - I'm not a subscriber and it says only subscribers can post.

by Anonymousreply 227August 21, 2022 2:39 PM

R225 Patrick the producer also saw and tweeted about it. Corinna mentioned she was planning on seeing it or excited to see it. Think it’s just Kizzy and I guess Cormac of the “main” cast who haven’t seen it; not sure about the actors who played the adults.

R226 if Bash is actually done filming now as seems likely I presume he’ll be in attendance a few more times, especially closing night. Nice they got to go in a group. Jenny has a play on soon too, so maybe they’ll try to go see that together as well.

by Anonymousreply 228August 21, 2022 2:40 PM

One more Joe and Bash sighting today. This time at the London zoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 21, 2022 2:44 PM

Wonder how they know all this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 21, 2022 4:12 PM

R230 Will told fans about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 21, 2022 4:39 PM

R224 Not Muriel nuking another Kit thread, what did he ever do to her?

by Anonymousreply 232August 21, 2022 4:58 PM

Joe and Maia Reficco followed each other on Instagram and she’s in London now, guessing they met through Kit and Bash?

by Anonymousreply 233August 21, 2022 5:07 PM

(She also followed Jenny, Connor, and Emilia Clarke.)

by Anonymousreply 234August 21, 2022 5:08 PM

Jones, not Clarke, apologies.

by Anonymousreply 235August 21, 2022 5:09 PM

R234 and one of Joe’s cast members form the trial, so I assume she was there last night too

by Anonymousreply 236August 21, 2022 5:16 PM

Posted by one of the crew members from Heartstopper. Don't really blame the guy though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 21, 2022 5:54 PM

New Joe (and Bash) picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 21, 2022 6:03 PM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 21, 2022 7:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!