Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Big John Fetterman Beating Dr. Oz in New Poll of the Pennsylvania Senate Race

[QUOTE]The survey shows Fetterman with an early edge in one of the closest watched Senate races of the 2022 midterms, suggesting that Democrats have a path to flip the seat currently held by a Republican Senator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 11, 2022 6:46 AM

The same poll however shows Shapiro with a much slimmer lead in the gubernatorial race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2022 3:13 PM

Previous Fetterman thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2022 10:40 PM

Gawd

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2022 11:15 PM

Dems are going to take back Pennsylvania!

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 12:03 AM

That's not gonna happen, R4.

What will happen is that Dr. Oz and Mastriano will both lose the popular vote, and taking a cue from their mentor, both of them will claim the election was rigged. And thus will begin months of chaos, with strongman Mastriano eventually declaring himself victor and governor for life and appointing Oz as Senator from PA.

It's not as far=fetched as it sounds. This Mastriano fucker firmly believes he has God and Jesus on his side. You think Trump's crazy. Trump is a vision of mental health compared to Mastriano.

It's a pretty bleak picture for those of us in PA.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2022 12:10 AM

Oz IS A MUSLIM!!

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 12:19 AM

Stuff like that only matters when it can be used to attack the left, R6. These rightwingers would vote for the current head of Al-Qaeda if he ran as a Republican so they could “own the libs.”

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 12:41 AM

I'm thrilled that there was enough posts in the first one to start another thread about the great John Fetterman!

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 1:12 AM

Looks like Oz has a Kathy Barnette problem:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 10:55 AM

[quote]Looks like Oz has a Kathy Barnette problem:

See, that bitch serves a purpose. She was right, it’s good that she wasn’t aborted.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 9:37 PM

Let's all remember that the only reason we're even discussing Dr. Oz is Oprah's fault.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 9:45 PM

Why isn't "Dr." Ooze in jail for voter fraud?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 10:03 PM

[QUOTE]Let's all remember that the only reason we're even discussing Dr. Oz is Oprah's fault.

Come on. Who could watch Dr. Oz on Oprah all those years ago and predict the man would someday run for senate as a Republican in Pennsylvania of all friggin places?

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 11:05 PM

Here's hoping Fetterman makes it to the finish line without stroking out and dying.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 11:07 PM

Big Stroke

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 11:11 PM

Fetterman will be back out there campaigning soon.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 11:21 PM

Big John returning to the campaign trail soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2022 6:15 PM

If he wins, he’ll last two years maybe. He’s way too fat and too tall. Andre the Giant lasted until he was 43. Should have voted for the other Democrat. A run off will occur and a Republican will win.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2022 6:17 PM

Like he can’t lose any goddamned weight, R18? He wasn’t all that fat to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2022 6:26 PM

Good luck^.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2022 6:27 PM

He got a wake up call. What he chooses to do with it remains to be seen. Some men turn things around, others falter. It’s up to him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2022 6:29 PM

His wife Gisele should lay off the medical marijuana and pay more attention to his medications and doctor appointments.

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2022 6:55 PM

😂 Big John catches Dr. Oz posting a campaign video from his New Jersey mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2022 11:35 PM

Dr Oz is an enormous fucking joke. Oprah needs to take responsibility for her role in this.

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2022 11:37 PM

[quote] The same poll however shows Shapiro with a much slimmer lead in the gubernatorial race.

If Mastriano wins the governor's race, we're all fucked. The governor in PA gets to appoint the secretary of state. Mastriano will appoint a Trump-loving nutjob who will declare the Republican presidential candidate the winner in Pennsylvania in 2024, regardless of the vote. And Pennsylvania is a make-or-break state in the presidential race.

by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]If Mastriano wins the governor's race, we're all fucked.

Mastriano has zero chance of winning. “Republicans for Shapiro” is happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2022 11:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2022 8:45 AM

Money flooding into the Fetterman campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2022 12:56 PM

hes tall and ugly and from pittsburgh!

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2022 1:00 PM

Should have voted for the other Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2022 1:02 PM

It’s so funny how Democrats want Biden to resign or not run in 2024, yet they’re championing around this guy, who just suffered a stroke, who’s too fat, too tall, and will most likely drop dead in another year. It’s fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2022 1:04 PM

[quote]It’s so funny how Democrats want Biden to resign or not run in 2024, yet they’re championing around this guy, who just suffered a stroke, who’s too fat, too tall, and will most likely drop dead in another year. It’s fascinating.

Yeah, why couldn't they nominate some paragon of health and fitness like Republican Billy Long, who's running for the Senate in Missouri this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2022 1:19 PM

Why couldn’t they have nominated the younger DEMOCRAT, I said at R30. Nice try. Not a Republican, not Boris. Live in Michigan. I can see Canada from my house.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2022 1:22 PM

Rather, not younger, the other Democrat. I’m not an agist.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2022 1:24 PM

Ageist.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2022 1:24 PM

Fettean has huge tits. I’m sure that’s why he wears those sweatshirts.

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2022 1:49 PM

Mehmet Oz isn't exactly the picture of health.

He's scrawny and pasty. His hair is so dry that it looks like a brassy pile of hay. He's a wrinkled up prune face who looks like he's wasting away. And I think he's bow legged. He must have scurvy.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2022 2:46 PM

He’s not stroking out.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2022 2:49 PM

[quote] too tall

Fetterman's too tall, Oz is too short—PA voters want the porridge that Goldilocks ate!

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2022 2:57 PM

He has giantism.

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2022 2:59 PM

He’s only a few inches shorter than Andre the Giant who lived to 43.

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2022 3:01 PM

[QUOTE]It’s so funny how Democrats want Biden to resign or not run in 2024, yet they’re championing around this guy, who just suffered a stroke, who’s too fat, too tall, and will most likely drop dead in another year. It’s fascinating.

The Fetterman haters finally found the thread.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2022 3:47 PM

Good luck^.

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Why Big John’s Twitter trolling of Dr. Oz works so well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2022 12:01 AM

GOP almost ready to give up on Oz campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2022 9:37 PM

Looking at the polling and excited about both Fetterman in PA and Ryan in OH. Cautiously optimistic about Beasley in NC and Barnes in WI.

Is anybody in Utah and have an opinion on getting rid of the odious Lee? And, more importantly is Schmidt in MO as horrible as their other senator?

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2022 9:59 PM

The Democrats need to recognize Fetterman’s campaigning talents. His ability to troll opponents rivals Trump’s.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2022 10:03 PM

But unlike Trump, he’s actually one of the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2022 10:56 PM

New poll has Big John with a double digit lead now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2022 2:28 PM

[quote]Why couldn’t they have nominated the younger DEMOCRAT

Because the other Democrat was a feckless nonentity who Pennsylvanians would have rejected, just as they rejected him in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2022 2:36 PM

Oz is a complete disaster. Republicans are incredibly stupid for nominating a carpet-bagging buffoon like him in a very important race.

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2022 2:45 PM

It ain’t over. He could still win it, R51.

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2022 6:04 PM

Big John finally returning to the campaign trail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2022 6:02 PM

R5 A man can't appoint himself governor, nor can such a non-governor appoint a senator to a seat in the midst of ongoing litigation and certification. And the Senate would refuse to accept the credentials of a senator who arrived under those circumstances.

They didn't want to seat Roland Burris after he was appointed by that crook Blagojevich, but racial concerns played a huge part in ensuring "the nation's only Black senator" would be replaced by the same. Even once he got there, Burris was a pariah and a bit of an asshole. They kept him off the good committees, froze him out of any useful legislation, and made it clear they wouldn't permit him to use DSCC resources or donors to run for his own term. He was tainted.

Governor Pawlenty didn't "pick the winner" in Minnesota's contested senate seat, even though he sure wanted to. And he was at least as big a shit as Mastriano.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2022 6:12 PM

What’s the deal w/ John & Giselle?

Unlike many senator wives, she really likes that spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2022 7:50 AM

R55 Isn't she also a decade or two younger than him, foreign, and MUCH hotter? She really cuts into his "blue collar everyman" image, being so exotic and fiery. Those Carhartt men WISH they had a wife like that.

Is she mail-order, or what?

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2022 1:31 PM

[QUOTE] She really cuts into his "blue collar everyman" image, being so exotic and fiery. Those Carhartt men WISH they had a wife like that.

Well how does it cut into his image if they wish they had a wife like that?

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2022 1:46 PM

R57 Because they're envious that they'll never have a wife that hot or smart?

Then again, these same idiots probably voted for Trump because Vairst Letty was a luscious bag o' silicone, so who knows?

In looking at her biography, I see that she isn't mail-order. She's actually pretty decent. I retract my earlier slur.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2022 1:57 PM

She says that she was initially an undocumented immigrant for a few years, but eventually became a citizen. She’s now a prominent and user of medical marijuana for chronic back pain.

by Anonymousreply 59August 15, 2022 2:06 PM

Issues with Oz's 'Everyday Guy' Ad:

[quote] 1. He doesn't know the correct name of the store

[quote] 2. He uses the word 'crudités'

[quote] 3. He can't properly read the prices

[quote] 4. He doesn't know what to get and in what quantities (the servants normally shop)

[quote] 5. It's a crudité platter with raw asparagus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 15, 2022 2:09 PM

Presumably Mrs. Oz will cook the broccoli and asparagus, r60, but I'm with you on the rest.

And salsa for crudités? Ai, ai, ai.

by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2022 3:25 PM

I love that Dr. Oz thinks he'll appeal to "Joe Sixpack" by shopping for crudités in a tv ad. This is the best Republican performance since Bush Sr. gawped in astonishment at the barcodes at checkout.

by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2022 4:54 PM

Actually, R60, I met Dr. & Mrs. Oz at a small dinner party about five or seven years ago.

While I'm mildly surprised that that he's let his ego run roughshod over his reputation like this, I'm shocked at her. That night, she went nose to nose with another guest, a boisterous moderate republican, and shot down every one of his talking points. She was totally fearless, articulate and engaging.

That she's having any thing to do with her husband during this campaign is highly disappointing to me.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2022 5:26 PM

R63 A lot of political spouses/children would make better candidates than the person running. But you typically see a power marriage where one person has the ego/charisma, and one person has the brains/balls.

Think of the Franklin Roosevelts, the DeSantises, the Edwardses, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. One spouse wants the limelight and their picture in all the papers, while the other spouse is usually the grounded and savvy operator who runs half the show behind the scenes. The savvy spouse would do great on their own - but they don't want the spotlight - while the ego spouse could not survive without their brainy partner.

You rarely get a case like the Clintons, where one spouse is both brilliant AND thirsty for popularity, with a wife who's only half that.

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2022 6:24 PM

It's never a good sign when your opponent quote tweets your entire ad. FOUR TIMES

John Fetterman US Senate candidate, PA

[quote] In PA we call this a... veggie tray

[quote] I never dreamt “Dr. Oz” and “Crudités” would trend nationally on Twitter- on my birthday- but here we are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2022 8:46 PM

Okay. Who would rather say "crudités" than "veggie tray"?

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2022 8:49 PM

DaFuck is crudite?

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2022 9:41 PM

Fetterman’s wife looks like straight up tranny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2022 9:54 PM

Zoom in on that mug.

Holy smokes. 😬

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2022 9:56 PM

Levi Fetterman is a doll face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2022 10:03 PM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2022 11:10 PM

I'm going to critique Dr. Oz's clothing in that crudités ad. He's wearing a black Henley shirt buttoned all the way to the top and tucked into what look like suit pants with a black belt. This is what's going to appeal to the blue-collar Republican voters, him dressed like this picking up veggies?

Plus a complete lack of conviction. He doesn't look like he thinks he can win.

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2022 12:45 AM

Oz is tainted for life now, after coming out as a republican and if he loses this election. He's done!

Trump has really made people think they too can be in political office. But we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2022 12:50 AM

Part of Dr. Oz's (many) problems, is that he wasn't even involved in conservative politics prior to this. He got annoyed that Democrats criticized his snake oil punditry during COVID, so he just decided to become a Republican. As far as I can tell, at least. No surprise he can't put any energy into his ads; he doesn't care about the movement he's supposedly a part of.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2022 12:56 AM

R74 Yeah, Oz is a reactionary. People like that are spiteful and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2022 1:02 AM

It's Biden's fault the poors can't have crudités!

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2022 2:12 AM

Oz REALLY doesn’t know PA. If he did, he’d know you can’t buy tequila in a grocery store due to our odious state liquor stores..

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2022 2:39 AM

I don’t think you could script a campaign worse than what Oz is doing. This all feels like a SNL skit it’s soooloo bad and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2022 3:30 AM

Republicans are slashing their ad spending in several states' races - including Oz's race in Pennsylvania. Looks like even they know it's a loss.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2022 3:50 AM

[quote]Overheard in New Jersey: “Can we have a clean up in aisle 10 in the produce section? Someone just spilled their Senate campaign.” - Dan Rather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2022 7:12 AM

Fetterman is 6'8". Andre the Giant was 7'4". Yes, Fetterman is tall but I don't it suggests Gigantism.

Below is an excellent piece on Fetterman from CBS Sunday Morning last year. It really delves into his appeal, intelligence, and expert trolling of Republicans. Nice focus on Giselle toward the end as well, and she seems like a good egg. I wish more Democrats called out Republican bullshit and hypocrisy the way Fetterman does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2022 7:48 AM

“Let them eat crudités”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2022 2:24 PM

^^^ interesting that spellcheck auto corrected that. Bet it doesn’t adjust “veggie tray”…

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2022 2:25 PM

R81, that feature shows how intelligent and charismatic Fetterman is. If he can stay healthy, he’s going to have a great career in politics.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2022 2:57 PM

Oz was such a weird choice for the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2022 3:24 PM

Is Fetterman going to try wearing his bullshit Carhartt shirts on the floor of the Senate? They won't let him.

by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2022 6:36 PM

That’s so lame, r80.

Fucking Boomers can’t tell jokes for shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2022 6:38 PM

If that is actually Dan Rather's joke, r87—which, who knows?—he's not a boomer. He was born in 1931. Maybe his kids?

by Anonymousreply 88August 16, 2022 7:07 PM

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 89August 16, 2022 7:10 PM

Just saw R60. That's so weird it's almost like he's bombing his campaign on purpose. I admittedly have crudités on my list of vocab I've used (as does probably most of DL), but average Joe Americans act all offended when their politicians say such things.

by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2022 9:46 PM

[QUOTE] Is Fetterman going to try wearing his bullshit Carhartt shirts on the floor of the Senate? They won't let him.

Who’s going to stop him?

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2022 9:51 PM

As God is my witness, I will stand in the door of the Senate House, I say, the Senate House and block anyone wearing a Carhartt shirt from entering!

by Anonymousreply 92August 16, 2022 9:58 PM

The Senate has a real problem with ridiculous attire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2022 9:59 PM

That is a quality gif.

by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2022 10:11 PM

Sinema opposed Gorsuch, voted against Kavanaugh and that cunt Coney Barrett and has voted for every single Biden judge. She’s alright in my book. And Big John will be another reliable Dem vote in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2022 10:56 PM

R91 The Senate Sergeant at Arms will stop him.

The Senate has a dress code for the floor itself. Senators can wear whatever they want in the course of their duties, but on the floor of the Senate, they have to follow the rules. Men must wear a jacket and tie. Ladies must cover their shoulders, and if they are wearing trousers, must also wear a jacket.

The Senate as a whole can vote to change these rules, but they rarely do. Tradition says the Senate can vote to change a rule by simple majority, but some asshole would probably filibuster it, and a filibuster of a rule change requires two-thirds of present senators (67, not just 60) to overcome it.

Also: Fetterman already wears a suit when presiding over the Pennsylvania Senate. He doesn't like to, but he knows he must.

by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2022 11:17 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2022 11:18 PM

The Senate should refuse to seat him for his terrible fashion sense!

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2022 11:21 PM

[quote]Sinema opposed Gorsuch, voted against Kavanaugh and that cunt Coney Barrett and has voted for every single Biden judge

And it didn't make any difference in the long run, did it, r95?

by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2022 11:22 PM

Yeah, have to say, Trump did the whole country a favor backing this weird asshole, for the sole reason, I'm sure, that "he's on TV and gets ratings." He completely sucks as a candidate, and Fetterman hasn't even had to mention that he's a TURKISH CITIZEN still, and he refuses to give up that citizenship and, you know, Put America First. Just pathetic in every way, like Hershel Walker.

by Anonymousreply 100August 16, 2022 11:25 PM

R100 It's almost as if Donald is playing the long con, and deliberately fucking over the GOP because in his twisted mind, it's somehow their fault he is no longer president.

More likely, though, he's just a dumbass who endorses whatever unelectable trash sucks up the hardest.

by Anonymousreply 101August 16, 2022 11:28 PM

He isn't "Big John" anything.

He's an obese, ugly ghoul who wears army tents to hide how ugly his physique is.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania couldn't come up with someone decent looking?

Politicians don't have to be pretty, but they can't be monsters. This guy is a loathsome freak.

by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2022 6:36 AM

I didn’t realize Shapiro was so small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2022 12:50 PM

Shapiro may be small be he has big balls because he wasn't afraid of taking on the pervs who run the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2022 1:17 PM

Big sexy balls.

by Anonymousreply 105August 18, 2022 2:18 PM

How did I know that this would be R102's only post on DL? Or it's a more regular troll who regularly tosses his cookies in order to go undetected.

by Anonymousreply 106August 18, 2022 2:29 PM

Let's not forget when Oz was scolded by Congress...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2022 2:38 PM

He is the distillation of arrogance and opportunism fueled by lying (about dietary supplements for one) that he knows that he knows he’s doing. He is a disputable man and I hope that people can see him for what he is-

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2022 2:43 PM

Sorry for the repeated words and I wrote despicable, not disputable

by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2022 2:44 PM

The pic of Shapiro and Fetterman looks like it was shot by Diane Arbus.

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2022 2:52 PM

The nonpartisan Cook Political Report has changed its rating of Pennsylvania’s Senate race from a “toss up” to “lean Democrat.”

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2022 6:42 PM

R102, yeah. Nothing freaky about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2022 1:51 AM

I have trumpster family in P.A. who will not vote for Oz. They are willing to defy the orange cheeto because he is a rich doctor from Ohio who is a muslim.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2022 2:01 AM

[quote] "Crudités" video[edit]

[quote] On August 15, 2022, a campaign video published in April 2022 of Oz shopping in a grocery store went viral. In the video, Oz says that he is shopping for produce to make crudités, and attributes the supposedly high prices to Democratic President Joe Biden. The video was widely ridiculed on social media and was the subject of numerous news articles, with most observers focusing on the video's odd format and Oz's choice of items.[215] It was filmed at a Redner's Warehouse market, which Oz mistakenly identifies as a "Wegner's", likely confusing it with the Wegmans supermarket chain in the Mid-Atlantic.[216]

[quote] Oz's choice of a raw head of broccoli, asparagus, and multiple pounds of carrots, with guacamole and salsa, was described as bizarre by many,[217] with some observers mocking Oz for his use of the French term "crudités", when most viewers knew it as a "vegetable tray". Others expressed confusion at the candidate's exclamation that the $20 cost of the vegetables and dips "doesn't even include the tequila", as tequila is neither a traditional accompaniment to crudités, nor is liquor sold in grocery stores in Pennsylvania.[216] Many people noted that Oz had quoted the wrong price tag for the salsa, and that he falsely suggested that the broccoli was $2 per head, when it was in fact $2 per pound.[218] The number of internet searches for crudités dramatically spiked in the aftermath of the video's circulation. The name "Wegner's" trended on Twitter, and a parody Twitter account called "Wegner's Groceries" was created and quickly gained popularity.[219] The Fetterman campaign sought to capitalize on the video by introducing merchandise referencing it.[220]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2022 5:33 PM

R114 That parody Twitter account made Oz even more of a laughingstock than he already was...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2022 6:19 PM

"Wegner's"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2022 6:21 PM

Apparently, the latest lame attempt at an attack on Fetterman is about his being "rich" because he once got money from his parents, and was given a $70,000 condo by his sister.

Meanwhile, Dr. oz is just a regular guy. He's only got two homes, not counting the other eight.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2022 6:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Oz is toast after this incident. Can he come back from the ridicule, especially now that he's basically branded as a rich out-of-stater who doesn't know anything about PA supermarkets? According to polls he has more than 10 points to make up in the next two and a half months.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2022 6:59 PM

R102, dear, you sound bitter, here have a crudité. Dip some broccoli in the salsa, then throw it in the garbage, and you will feel better instantly!

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2022 7:07 PM

R118 He's already toast. If he still had a career in medicine or entertainment, do you really think he'd throw it all away by running this loser of a campaign?

What else did he have going on in 2022?

by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2022 7:28 PM

You can shove "dear" up your fucking pansy ass, R119.

Save it for your mah jongg club.

by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2022 7:30 PM

Oz is a fucking disaster. Trump couldn’t have picked a worse opponent for Fetterman, who is a master at trolling losers like this.

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2022 8:18 PM

Wow, within a day of the video going viral, Fetterman's campaign received half a million dollars in donations...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2022 9:51 PM

Get the tote bag!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2022 9:52 PM

Who directs the Fetterman troll apparatus? The DNC needs to hire them in preparation for 2024. They could even help in some key 2022 races, although time is running out.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2022 10:03 PM

Looks like even Trump recognises he's bet on the wrong horse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2022 10:28 PM

“I’m not a doctor, I just play one on tv.”

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2022 11:04 PM

[quote]...his conduct overall during the pandemic has mainly affirmed the Columbia letter’s concerns that by promoting unproven remedies for serious ailments, Dr. Oz had “misled and endangered” people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2022 11:06 PM

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought it said "Big John Fetterman Beats on Dr. Oz". I would pay good money to see that

by Anonymousreply 129August 19, 2022 11:08 PM

[quote]Politicians don't have to be pretty, but they can't be monsters.

Umm, okay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2022 12:23 AM

LOL. I always remember his insufferable daughter telling a story about how they spent Christmas in France every year and she would get swiss cheese right from the wheel cut off with a hot knife so it melted on the cruncy fresh baked french loaf..and Michael Simon is sitting there staring at her like,,,no one can relate to that.

by Anonymousreply 131August 20, 2022 10:47 PM

R131 And the trash CUNT didn't know enough to realize that in Switzerland and France, the cheese is called Emmental, not "Swiss."

Money doesn't buy class, no siree!

by Anonymousreply 132August 20, 2022 10:53 PM

^^^^ Paging Monsieur Raclette. Monsieur Raclette, s'il vous plait. 👨‍🎨

by Anonymousreply 133August 20, 2022 11:11 PM

r132 I am sure she dumbed it down for us little people.

by Anonymousreply 134August 21, 2022 2:06 AM

I'm convinced he ran for the same reasons as Trump: purely marketing to increase $$

If he wanted to win, how hard would it be to move to Pennsylvania? He actually filmed one of his commercials at his home in New Jersey, so he's not even hiring Pennsylvanians. Then all of these basic mistakes -- going to Philly tourist traps, mispronouncing the supermarket, focusing on a "where's Fetterman" campaign when Fetterman never left PA (he's been in the hospital and recovering at home.) This isn't hard. But yet he refuses to move out of NJ. He's not even trying which leads me to believe he's doing this for PR and $

by Anonymousreply 135August 21, 2022 2:26 AM

Oz is a wealthy elitist asshole who dosen't care. And where did all of his money come from? Was it his talk show? Or was it him practicing medicine before the television. Because he seems to be very wealthy and has a lot of homes. I'm sure most of those houses are investment properties. But he seems really ostentatious with his riches.

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2022 2:32 AM

Maybe Dr. Öz is a strealth Democrat, sabotaging his senatorial campaign with a series of well calculated errors to ensure the Republicans don't get control of the Senate. Or maybe he's just a dumb greedy fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 137August 21, 2022 2:48 AM

People here in Pennsylvania, both Democrat and Republican, are highly offended at this asshole lying and trying to pretend like he lives here and knows literally anything about the Commonwealth. Republicans are especially pissed that their nomination is being wasted on this poseur when it could have gone to a legit candidate. Oz is going to lose by spectacular margins.

by Anonymousreply 138August 21, 2022 2:57 AM

[quote] Republicans are especially pissed that their nomination is being wasted on this poseur when it could have gone to a legit candidate.

Who do you think nominated him? If Pennsylvania Republicans wanted someone else, they could have nominated someone else in the primary. They chose Dr. Oz, and they chose badly (although good for Democrats).

by Anonymousreply 139August 21, 2022 6:04 AM

Dr Oz made his money from his tv show, peddling snake oil. I wonder how much of a cut Oprah gets from his show, Dr Phil’s, etc. Will he be able to return to tv with the standing he had before? Unlikely. He may be bad, but could any state do worse than Georgia and that idiot Walker?

by Anonymousreply 140August 21, 2022 6:15 AM

Dont blame us it was Rumspringa!

by Anonymousreply 141August 21, 2022 6:21 AM

[QUOTE] I'm convinced he ran for the same reasons as Trump: purely marketing to increase $$

Bullshit. He ran because he wanted to join the House of Lords and rule over the little people. He’s just terrible at politics.

by Anonymousreply 142August 21, 2022 11:34 AM

[quote]Who do you think nominated him? If Pennsylvania Republicans wanted someone else, they could have nominated someone else in the primary. They chose Dr. Oz, and they chose badly (although good for Democrats).

He was in a very tight 3-way primary, and only won by a few votes. Most Republicans didn’t want him.

by Anonymousreply 143August 21, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote]He’s just terrible at politics.

He is. And he’s up against an opponent who is very good at politics.

by Anonymousreply 144August 21, 2022 11:38 AM

[quote] Bullshit. He ran because he wanted to join the House of Lords and rule over the little people. He’s just terrible at politics.

So, basically, he's Turkish Andrew Yang.

by Anonymousreply 145August 21, 2022 11:40 AM

Indeed. A Turkish Andrew Yang from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 146August 21, 2022 12:07 PM

WARNING: Do NOT get complacent about this race!

Last year, Republicans swept almost everything statewide in PA elections.

by Anonymousreply 147August 21, 2022 12:37 PM

Nobody is getting complacent about anything. Fetterman and Shapiro are raising boatloads of money for a reason. The momentum and enthusiasm to vote across the country has shifted heavily to Democrats for a reason. We know what time it is.

by Anonymousreply 148August 21, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote] He was in a very tight 3-way primary, and only won by a few votes. Most Republicans didn’t want him.

Yes, it was a very close race. But more Republicans wanted Dr. Oz than either of the other two candidates, so he won the primary. That's how it works. Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for nominating such an obvious asshat (and their Dear Leader for endorsing him).

by Anonymousreply 149August 21, 2022 1:28 PM

Yes, a crowded primary could’ve benefited any of the other candidates just as equally. Republican primary voters chose Dr. Oz fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 150August 21, 2022 2:08 PM

The latest polls have both Fetterman and Shapiro ahead by more than 15 points.

by Anonymousreply 151August 21, 2022 2:21 PM

One poll, R151. One.

by Anonymousreply 152August 21, 2022 2:22 PM

I guess the Republicans thought that Oz would be a shoo-in because of his name recognition. Just like another reality TV personality, Donald Trump.

It's doubtful that they even vetted Oz because they know how stupid and gullible their base is and that they do just as they're told.

by Anonymousreply 153August 21, 2022 2:33 PM

There is zero chance that an extremist like Mastriano will get elected in a moderate state like PA. That shit might fly in red hellhole like Texas or Wyoming, but not here. We’re not having a repeat of Rick Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 154August 21, 2022 2:41 PM

[quote]King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Elizabeth was George’s daughter, not his wife. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 155August 21, 2022 2:42 PM

[QUOTE] We’re not having a repeat of Rick Santorum.

Rick Santorum looks like a sensible moderate next to that mongrel Mastriano.

by Anonymousreply 156August 21, 2022 2:47 PM

What I love about the Dr. Oz vs. Fetterman race is that the tables are turned. We often get in trouble as Democrats because we nominate candidates who might seem good in theory, but come across as awkward and out-of-touch on the campaign trail. And the Republicans nominate "someone you'd like to have a beer with" who is good at trolling their opponent on social media. But here, the roles are reversed. Fetterman is beating the Republicans at their own game.

by Anonymousreply 157August 21, 2022 2:48 PM

We need to have relatable people like Fetterman on TV more often doing a lot of the Democrats’ messaging, not irritating woke scolds like AOC.

by Anonymousreply 158August 21, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote] There is zero chance that an extremist like Mastriano will get elected in a moderate state like PA. That shit might fly in red hellhole like Texas or Wyoming, but not here.

Um, we voted for Trump in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 159August 21, 2022 2:59 PM

Yep, if Hilary won Pennsylvania, she win the election. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh didn't turn out. She wasn't liked in the black community and millennials didn't vote as is their custom (especially primaries.)

We came out for Biden and he bareky eeked through in PA if not for Philly. I will tell you suburban voters are not having it but they better not listen to the polls/McConnell and stay home

by Anonymousreply 160August 21, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]He was in a very tight 3-way primary, and only won by a few votes. Most Republicans didn’t want him.

[quote]Yes, it was a very close race. But more Republicans wanted Dr. Oz than either of the other two candidates, so he won the primary. That's how it works. Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for nominating such an obvious asshat (and their Dear Leader for endorsing him).

Trump's endorsement of Oz cost McCormick the primary. It will be easier to beat Oz than McCormick so I'm happy McCormick conceded after the recount but let's be honest, Republicans voting for Oz solely because of the Trump endorsement is not the same thing as them "wanting" Oz.

by Anonymousreply 161August 21, 2022 4:11 PM

My "Dr. Oz for NJ" bumper sticker finally arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 21, 2022 4:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 22, 2022 1:16 PM

R155 her mom was also named Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 164August 22, 2022 1:29 PM

I want Fetterman inside of me. Deeply.

by Anonymousreply 165August 22, 2022 3:00 PM

The most recent poll I saw showed a major tightening in both Pennsylvania races. The commonwealth is politically too evenly divided to think the Dems have it locked up this far in advance of the election.

by Anonymousreply 166August 22, 2022 3:57 PM

R166 It was a poll by Trafalgar

by Anonymousreply 167August 22, 2022 4:00 PM

The thing Fetterman has going for him is the republicans ran a real shitty candidate (Mastriano) for governor so it’s not likely that republicans will just vote a straight ticket this year…Oz may have been able to coast if the governor was stronger.

by Anonymousreply 168August 22, 2022 4:01 PM

But you're right, no one should get too comfortable about this.

by Anonymousreply 169August 22, 2022 4:01 PM

[QUOTE] The most recent poll I saw showed a major tightening in both Pennsylvania races. The commonwealth is politically too evenly divided to think the Dems have it locked up this far in advance of the election.

Well that’s the poll I want Dems paying attention to, especially Josh Shapiro.

by Anonymousreply 170August 22, 2022 4:04 PM

Not for nothing but Trafalgar was closer to the mark in PA polling than the more respectable pollsters. Marist had Biden up 8 and 11 at one point.

by Anonymousreply 171August 22, 2022 4:04 PM

FiveThirtyEight gave Trafalgar an A- rating in its 2021 ranking of pollsters.

by Anonymousreply 172August 22, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]FiveThirtyEight gave Trafalgar an A- rating in its 2021 ranking of pollsters.

This doesn’t surprise me. They were far more accurate than most of the other pollsters in the last two election cycles.

by Anonymousreply 173August 22, 2022 4:06 PM

There is no doubt the races will tighten—Shapiro’s more than Fetterman’s.

by Anonymousreply 174August 22, 2022 4:07 PM

Trafalgar, as the lone pollster, predicted Trump would win 2020. How can they be called "far more accurate"?

by Anonymousreply 175August 22, 2022 4:10 PM

All polling should be ignored in every race. It is a broken paradigm that just doesn't work any more.

by Anonymousreply 176August 22, 2022 4:13 PM

I wouldn’t ignore polling entirely. You just keep an eye on it while campaigning as if you could be behind, despite the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 177August 22, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote]Trafalgar, as the lone pollster, predicted Trump would win 2020. How can they be called "far more accurate"?

On a state by state level they were way more accurate. Some pollsters had Biden winning Florida by 11 and Pennsylvania by 8. I think even a few had Ohio as competitive.

I have to look again, but if memory serves correct Biden’s win would have been within Traflagar’s margin of error where as a Trump taking Florida was way outside the MOE of Biden winning the state by 11.

by Anonymousreply 178August 22, 2022 4:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 22, 2022 4:22 PM

Did you want one of us to purchase the domain for you, r179?

by Anonymousreply 180August 22, 2022 4:25 PM

In terms of the 2020 popular vote, most pollsters far underestimated Trump’s appeal. As they did in 2016, too. In the most recent cycles, they’ve not proven adept at accurately predicting the vote of non-college educated white males.

by Anonymousreply 181August 22, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote]they’ve not proven adept at accurately predicting the vote of non-college educated white males.

Non-college educated white males are voting for Fetterman, not the Turkish doctor who eats crudite.

by Anonymousreply 182August 22, 2022 5:05 PM

The Trafalgar poll still has Dr. Oz four points behind Fetterman. The Ohio race on the other hand seems to have seriously tightened in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 183August 22, 2022 5:07 PM

Fetterman is the kind of politician where the perception of the man outweighs his actual accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 184August 22, 2022 5:08 PM

R182, one would think. Unless they’re (for now, at least) unavailable to anyone with a “D” next to his or her name.

by Anonymousreply 185August 22, 2022 5:25 PM

I'm in NW PA where most used to be R's but a lot of them have no interest in voting for R's this time. I also read that because OZ was so low in the polls the committee canceled 5 million in ads for Oz but that may also be be because they have so little money left after having Rick Scott control the money. I have only seen two yard signs for Mastriano and numerous ones for Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 186August 22, 2022 5:31 PM

^ Good, er, signs.

by Anonymousreply 187August 22, 2022 5:33 PM

People keep posting things like "the Republicans nominated Oz so they must love him" and "The Republicans must have thought Oz would win" or "the Republicans shouldn't have nominated Oz." Here's the thing: "the Republicans" don't hand pick the nominee. They don't all agree on one person and then invite him to run.

Do you all know what a primary even is? Republican VOTERS decide the nominee, and in a crowded race like last May's primary, barely 31% choose Oz. They had to do a recount to determine the winner. The third place candidate got 24%. So he is a very weak candidate, and the vast majority of Republicans, almost 70% who voted in May, wanted someone else.

by Anonymousreply 188August 22, 2022 5:44 PM

That’s how the system works, R188. Trump wasn’t getting the majority of the Republican primary votes in ‘16. But that didn’t stop him from winning in the general.

by Anonymousreply 189August 22, 2022 5:51 PM

I read this morning that when a R wanted to run, McConnell would vet them. If he didn't want them running then they didn't get any Republican money but Trump took that away from him.

by Anonymousreply 190August 22, 2022 6:02 PM

This is s strong message:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2022 4:40 PM

No matter what, VOTE!!!!!!

That's the only way we WIN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2022 5:47 PM

Can someone tell me what this guy has actually done outside enticing a chef to open a restaurant in Braddock that is way of reach of everyone who lives there and having his dog on Twitter?

People in Braddock aren’t fond of him and think he spent his time self promoting. Here’s what the woman who replaced him said…

[quote] “he has a fan club of a lot of people who aren’t in Braddock. It’s like, ‘Have you ever been to Braddock?Someone said he rescued the community and I was like, ‘Rescued? People still need jobs.’”

And only two of the seven people on the counsel endorsed him.

by Anonymousreply 193August 23, 2022 6:21 PM

R193 is Mehmet Oz trying to win the gay vote.

by Anonymousreply 194August 23, 2022 6:46 PM

Council, not counsel, R193.

by Anonymousreply 195August 23, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote][R193] is Mehmet Oz trying to win the gay vote.

No, I’m actually a Yinzer. But telling that I ask a question and you answer with “must be Oz”.

[quote]Council, not counsel, [R193].

Noted. But it still doesn’t answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 196August 23, 2022 6:55 PM

R196/R193 You do know that he's the Lt. Governor of PA, right?

Second in command, behind the Governor, with actual job duties in running the Commonwealth. He's not some mouth-breather from a basement.

Don't you think the better question is: What has Oz done for Pennsylvanians?

by Anonymousreply 197August 23, 2022 7:09 PM

[quote][R196]/[R193] You do know that he's the Lt. Governor of PA, right?

I do. You know that he’s the LT. Governor and not the guy who is actually responsible for running the state…you know, the actual governor.

So what has he done?

And, you’re right, Oz has done shit. But this guy isn’t much better.

by Anonymousreply 198August 23, 2022 7:19 PM

And I want to add…I see a cult forming around this guy. Not unlike the cult that formed around Trump and Bernie. And, quite frankly, I’m not crazy about politicians that have a cult following…nothing good comes of it.

And the fact that this guy is much loved because of his wife, his dog and a restaurant says it all.

by Anonymousreply 199August 23, 2022 7:24 PM

People love that he's pro-weed, and was one of the loudest voices in PA speaking about it. That's mainly why he has a cult following.

by Anonymousreply 200August 23, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]People love that he's pro-weed, and was one of the loudest voices in PA speaking about it. That's mainly why he has a cult following.

That and he dresses like the world’s oldest teenager. But, I hate when people like me get shouted down or called a troll (BTW the Bernie cult did the same thing here in 2015) for asking about his accomplishments, which aren’t that great or many BTW.

He’s lucky he’s running against Oz. Had this been McCormick it would be a very different race.

by Anonymousreply 201August 23, 2022 7:37 PM

If you're playing Devil's advocate in the race between Fetterman and Dr. Oz, I've got news for you, hon: you are undeniably a troll on DL. Take your schtick to Breitbart if you don't like hearing the truth.

by Anonymousreply 202August 23, 2022 7:48 PM

R198 Did I say he's ACTUALLY responsible for running the state? Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see.

He DOES have job duties in HELPING to run the state. He's the president of the state senate. He's on PA boards & commissions. He has safety-related responsibilities, and perform duties delegated by the Governor.

And he was Mayor of Braddock for 12 years...you know, ACTUALLY running a town in PA.

"Asking questions" aka pretending that he's done nothing, and trying to equate Oz & Fetterman shows that you ARE, in fact, a troll.

by Anonymousreply 203August 23, 2022 7:50 PM

Of course you're going to be called a troll when you fixate on the generality of "what he's done" (his record is easily found online), and in isolation from his campaign platform, the race itself, and the overall political landscape—and when you throw the term "cult" around (even comparing it to the Trump cult) when all you're talking about is his likeability and refreshingly forthright take-downs of the empty suit that is Oz.

by Anonymousreply 204August 23, 2022 7:51 PM

The troll-denying troll on here is just resuscitating the 2020 Republican whine "what has Biden done?" and 2016 "what has Clinton done?" Sorry, troll, won't work this time.

by Anonymousreply 205August 23, 2022 7:52 PM

[quote]If you're playing Devil's advocate in the race between Fetterman and Dr. Oz, I've got news for you, hon: you are undeniably a troll on DL. Take your schtick to Breitbart if you don't like hearing the truth.

Nope. Not playing devil’s advocate at all. Not a republican either. It’s rather telling that nobody here has answered the question aside from saying…he’s the Lt. Governor.

Again, your inner Bernie Bro is showing.

by Anonymousreply 206August 23, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote]The troll-denying troll on here is just resuscitating the 2020 Republican whine "what has Biden done?" and 2016 "what has Clinton done?" Sorry, troll, won't work this time.

Weird since I’m on here defending both Biden and Clinton during their races…it’s why I think you’re more like the Bernie Bros than you realize.

You’re in a cult.

by Anonymousreply 207August 23, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]And he was Mayor of Braddock for 12 years...you know, ACTUALLY running a town in PA.

Yes, I know. I’m a few miles from Braddock…a town of 2000 and where people will tell you that he didn’t do that much….just see r193 for what the mayor who came after him had to say about him.

by Anonymousreply 208August 23, 2022 7:57 PM

How can anyone with more than 1 brain cell say a mayor does nothing? You think a town runs itself for 12 years?

Just because another mayor hates him and trashes him, doesn't mean he did nothing.

Any more "questions"?

by Anonymousreply 209August 23, 2022 8:03 PM

Preferring Fetterman to Oz makes one a cultist on a par with the Bernie Bros, just because he doesn't have the track record you're demanding to see?

No, troll, it just means we prefer Fetterman to Oz.

by Anonymousreply 210August 23, 2022 8:06 PM

Not saying to vote for Oz. Just saying I don’t get Fetterman’s appeal and that his followers are cult like.

Honey, r209, the town council has more power than the mayor in Braddock. So, yes, I can say what I said.

by Anonymousreply 211August 23, 2022 8:08 PM

R211 So because the council has more power than the mayor, it means the mayor does nothing?

by Anonymousreply 212August 23, 2022 8:12 PM

The troll is posting on this thread exclusively. All the protestations how he/she/it supports Biden, Clinton, etc, are just verbal diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 213August 23, 2022 8:14 PM

Anyone who votes for Dr Oz is mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 214August 23, 2022 8:15 PM

So, r212…what did he do aside from opening a few things that the town didn’t want, ask for or need? Oh, and take credit for other people’s work. His wife has probably done more than he has.

R213…Nope.

by Anonymousreply 215August 23, 2022 8:18 PM

R213 No, no, no, he's just asking questions. Remember he's someone "who will ask the question every time his name comes up".

by Anonymousreply 216August 23, 2022 8:18 PM

Here you go, r213…find my posts in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 23, 2022 8:19 PM

"If John Fetterman had ever eaten a vegetable in his life, then maybe he wouldn't have had a major stroke," Dr. Oz's campaign says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 23, 2022 8:54 PM

Oh, that will go over well.

by Anonymousreply 219August 23, 2022 9:15 PM

[quote]People love that he's pro-weed, and was one of the loudest voices in PA speaking about it. That's mainly why he has a cult following.

People from out of state took notice when he started trolling Dan Patrick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 23, 2022 9:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 23, 2022 9:54 PM

R218 What a serious asshole.

Has Oz - or Trump - ever actually SEEN the kind of people who vote for them? I promise you, it ain't the CrossFit types who are wearing the red hats. It's your garden variety tubs of shit purring around Walmart on electric carts and screaming half a stroke at the high cost of Little Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 222August 23, 2022 10:03 PM

He's also a master at trolling loser political opponents... and the public loves it.

by Anonymousreply 223August 23, 2022 10:05 PM

[quote]"If John Fetterman had ever eaten a vegetable in his life, then maybe he wouldn't have had a major stroke," Dr. Oz's campaign says.

Fetterman's stroke was supposedly a result of A-fib, which isn't caused by a poor diet. Oz isn't much of a "doctor" if he doesn't understand that.

by Anonymousreply 224August 23, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote]He's also a master at trolling loser political opponents... and the public loves it.

I hope we get back to a day when voters are more interested in policies than in trolling ... and not just because the Republicans are better at it.

by Anonymousreply 225August 23, 2022 10:09 PM

You don't need accomplishments to be in the Senate. You need to be able to get elected, and you need to have the right positions on the issues. Because most of what Senators do is campaign and raise money, write and debate legislation, and vote on things. I happen to think Fetterman is a lot more capable of those duties than Oz would be.

by Anonymousreply 226August 23, 2022 10:19 PM

Aside from Oz being a quack doctor who lives in NJ and lacks experience in politics, I'm not comfortable with the idea of any elected official being friends with a maniacal dictator. One of the people on Erdogan's shit list just happens to be a PA resident.

[quote]Gülen’s name leapt to international headlines in 2017 when he became the target of a bizarre kidnapping plot by the convicted felon, General Michael Flynn. After the Obama Department of Justice had refused to honor the Turkish government’s 2016 extradition request, Flynn offered to seize Gülen for $15 million and smuggle him into the clutches of Turkey’s autocratic president, Recep Erdoǧan.

[quote]The kidnapping was thwarted, but the threat lingers. Today, Gülen lives frugally like a celibate monk while under 24/7 protection from murderous assault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 23, 2022 10:47 PM

Could our steadfast questioner of Fetterman's credentials be none other than tiny but pugnacious rightist—and beloved DL whipping boy—Ben Shapiro?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 23, 2022 10:55 PM

False dichtotomy at R225—as well as stealth Repub spin. No, the days are long gone when Repubs were better at trolling and mocking their opponents than liberals.

by Anonymousreply 229August 23, 2022 10:57 PM

R225 must have missed Dr Oz's lame attempts at trolling

by Anonymousreply 230August 23, 2022 10:59 PM

I didn't vote for Fetterman in the primary but I can't run fast enough to vote for him. Same with Biden.

R226 is correct. You need the votes for healthcare and the Supreme Court.

I truly can't think of many people I actively voted for. I'm usually voting against. Call me a Mary but our country needs saving and we need the legislature in order to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 231August 23, 2022 11:32 PM

To the troll who keeps asking what 3-term mayor and 2-term Lieutenant Gov. Fetterman has done, WTF do you imagine Dr. Oz has done? Yes he's a former surgeon -- how does that relate to being a Senator? A former TV quack -- again, why or how does that make him a better choice for Senator?

You seem to not realize that elections are about CHOICES, and the two choices are a charlatan from out of state who can't even manage to make a social media post without a serious blunder or 5, and a real working class Pennsylvanian who also has extensive political experience -- and is popular. Never mind the fact that one is a Trumper and the other is a staunch Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 232August 23, 2022 11:38 PM

This is a pretty fun listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 23, 2022 11:41 PM

The Flippable Five

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 23, 2022 11:46 PM

[quote]False dichtotomy at [R225]—as well as stealth Repub spin. No, the days are long gone when Repubs were better at trolling and mocking their opponents than liberals.

Perhaps I should have written that Republicans do nothing but troll, while Democrats actually advocate for policies. That puts Democrats at a disadvantage with certain constituencies.

by Anonymousreply 235August 23, 2022 11:57 PM

I suppose directly addressing every attack tweet-for-tweet is a strategy that works for Fetterman (thankfully). But I doubt that that everyone else would be as fortunate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 24, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote] To the troll who keeps asking what 3-term mayor and 2-term Lieutenant Gov. Fetterman has done

Unfortunately, that troll is a prime example of intellectual dishonesty that's plaguing this country:

He's the Lieutenant Governor... "Yeah? Well, he's not the governor, is he?"

He was a mayor... "So? The council had more power."

He helped revitalize Braddock with businesses, housing, community centers... "No! He brought in stuff that no one wants."

by Anonymousreply 237August 24, 2022 12:22 PM

R237 Some people are just trash. And it goes beyond Fetterman critiques.

You're a lonely old weirdo..."No, people just can't handle my realness!"

All you do is bitch and tear people down..."Hey, I'm only trying to wake people up!"

Arguments with strangers are the only conversations you have in a day..."Everyone else is a loser!"

by Anonymousreply 238August 24, 2022 1:49 PM

Maybe Fetterman's troll game is contagious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 24, 2022 11:29 PM

Listening to GOP talking points is like watching a game of concentration: All of the cards are familiar and you're just watching to see which sequence with which they get paired off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 25, 2022 12:43 AM

Governor (Pennsylvania)

Shapiro (D) 47% Mastriano (R) 44%

8/22-8/23 by Emerson College (A-) 1034 LV

by Anonymousreply 241August 25, 2022 2:50 PM

Senate (Pennsylvania)

Fetterman (D) 48% Oz (R) 44%

8/22-8/23 by Emerson College (A-) 1034 LV

by Anonymousreply 242August 25, 2022 2:51 PM

Democrats better get it together. Fetterman trolling on Twitter isn’t enough to get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 243August 25, 2022 3:04 PM

Yikes

by Anonymousreply 244August 25, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote]Shapiro (D) 47% Mastriano (R) 44%

Fuck. That's too close.

by Anonymousreply 245August 25, 2022 11:53 PM

Info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 26, 2022 1:24 AM

^ FiveThirtyEight’s rating of pollsters gave Emerson an A-, while Franklin & Marshall only warranted a B/C, so I suspect the tighter poll results are more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 247August 26, 2022 1:34 AM

Like with Trump, I don't think racists will publicly admit they are going to vote for the repug candidates so I won't trust these polls.

by Anonymousreply 248August 26, 2022 1:55 AM

^ I heard one pundit say that pollsters have been off 6% in recent elections with respect to the non-college educated white male.

by Anonymousreply 249August 26, 2022 2:13 AM

R248 Even PA racists don't consider Mehmet Oz a foreigner. He looks white to them, or maybe eye-talian.

Besides, they LOVE to vote for their beloved tokens, and show how not-racist they pretend to be.

by Anonymousreply 250August 26, 2022 2:53 AM

Yep, can’t trust the polls, which makes me think these candidates are doing better than the polling suggests, like Trump did. Sad that Oz is within striking distance, or the other guy running for governor is as well. Walker has also closed the gap in GA, according to the polls. Dems need to get out to vote, and convince the independents to vote for Dems as well.

This midterm election is going to be a nail biter.

by Anonymousreply 251August 26, 2022 3:04 AM

Big John opens a 13 point lead in new poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 29, 2022 3:53 PM

Proof that a genuinely progressive candidate can win statewide in a purple state.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 253August 29, 2022 4:07 PM

I still don't know why this guy and Oz are such a big deal in a statewide race where an openly Christo-fascist Mussolini wannabe is openly running to be the grand dictator of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Mastriano is a very, very dangerous man and as governor can do far more damage to the average Pennsylvanian than a US senator. Now the guy is going around expunging all traces of his Christo-fascist past on the internet in order to get elected to gullible fools who believe anything coming out of this asshole's mouth.

And I agree with others: Fetterman has a cult like following, a lot of these hot air gas bags are posting on this very thread.

by Anonymousreply 254August 29, 2022 4:09 PM

And more importantly, Mastriano has plenty of potential allies in the PA legislature to accomplish his Christo fascist agenda.

by Anonymousreply 255August 29, 2022 4:30 PM

[quote] Proof that a genuinely progressive candidate can win statewide in a purple state.

In the US, ConcernedEuropean, a late poll does not an election make. Would, in this case, that it did.

by Anonymousreply 256August 29, 2022 10:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 30, 2022 3:21 AM

[quote]I still don't know why this guy and Oz are such a big deal in a statewide race where an openly Christo-fascist Mussolini wannabe is openly running to be the grand dictator of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Mastriano is a very, very dangerous man and as governor can do far more damage to the average Pennsylvanian than a US senator. Now the guy is going around expunging all traces of his Christo-fascist past on the internet in order to get elected to gullible fools who believe anything coming out of this asshole's mouth.

A lot of people are talking about Mastriano, the Philadelphia Inquirer posts articles about him on almost a daily basis. A lot of Republicans openly oppose him, hopefully their efforts will be successful.

From July 11:

[quote]Coming just days after nine Pennsylvania Republican leaders endorsed Democratic candidate Josh Shapiro, the state’s attorney general, a group of centrist Republicans with deep roots in state government and politics have formed a PAC opposing Mastriano

[...]

[quote]“What we’re going to do is really tightly target the persuadable Republican and independent voters,” Snyder said. “We’re going to say, ‘There’s this one thing that is unacceptable and here’s why.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 31, 2022 12:36 AM

[quote]The ranks of Republicans rejecting State Sen. Doug Mastriano, their party’s nominee for governor in Pennsylvania, grew this week as a former national security Cabinet member and a former Trump administration lawyer endorsed the Democratic nominee, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro.

[quote]Michael Chertoff, who served as secretary for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security from 2005 to 2009 under then-President George W. Bush, said he considers Mastriano “a real threat to the values of the rule of law” because Mastriano has pushed lies about the 2020 presidential election and was present at the U.S. Capitol as the Jan. 6, 2021, riot unfolded.

[quote]Chertoff, a former federal judge and former assistant attorney general, said he has been following the news about Mastriano’s positions.

[...]

[quote]James Schultz, a former associate White House counsel for Trump, on Monday published an essay in Philadelphia Magazine that also rejected Mastriano due to his 2020 election claims and Jan. 6 participation.

[...]

[quote]Other Republicans announcing their support for Shapiro on Tuesday include Mario Civera, a former state representative and former chair of the Delaware County Council, former Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler, and former State Reps. Raymond Blunt Jr. of Montgomery County, Jim Kelly of Allegheny County, Beverly Mackereth of York County, and J. Scot Chadwick of Bradford County.

[quote]Two Republican-run super PACs are already organizing advertising campaigns to draw GOP voters away from Mastriano in favor of Shapiro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 31, 2022 12:40 AM

August 29:

[quote]I’m a proud Republican who served in the Trump White House as senior associate counsel to the president, following a career helping conservative GOP politicians get elected and lead. That’s why I take such great exception to those irresponsible political figures who challenge others’ patriotism, conservatism or party loyalty while pushing anti-American rhetoric and conspiracy theories.

[quote]Even though Donald Trump, my former boss, endorsed Doug Mastriano for governor, Pennsylvanians would be unwise to support someone who threatens democracy the way the Republican gubernatorial nominee does.

[...]

[quote]I disagree with Josh Shapiro on many things. But Shapiro loves this Commonwealth and its people, has been an honorable public servant, and has a record that withstands scrutiny. His approaches to job growth, the economy and public safety make sense. He has demonstrated an ability to cut across party lines and took on Philadelphia’s extremist district attorney when the DA failed to act on the raging violent crime problem in the city. Shapiro called for, among other things, more cops on the streets and responsible bail practices that prevent dangerous criminals from being released into our neighborhoods. He’s tough on crime, bullish on jobs, and smart on the economy. I want our next generation to be optimistic about Pennsylvania’s future, and Shapiro gives me that hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 31, 2022 12:44 AM

Oz desperate. How low can a campaign go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 31, 2022 9:44 AM

Mastriano is just a downright dangerous man. He doesn't believe in abortion, he doesn't believe in climate change and right now he represents Gettysburg but when dress up day came a few years ago he dressed as a Confederate soldier. PA soldiers were Yankees. There is something really disturbing about this man even in his commercials.

by Anonymousreply 262August 31, 2022 10:06 AM

[quote]Could our steadfast questioner of Fetterman's credentials be none other than tiny but pugnacious rightist—and beloved DL whipping boy—Ben Shapiro?

Nope. Not even close. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

by Anonymousreply 263August 31, 2022 10:43 AM

[quote]To the troll who keeps asking what 3-term mayor and 2-term Lieutenant Gov. Fetterman has done, WTF do you imagine Dr. Oz has done? Yes he's a former surgeon -- how does that relate to being a Senator? A former TV quack -- again, why or how does that make him a better choice for Senator?

I never said Oz was great and powerful. I think he’s awful. But I’m also tired of voting for the lesser of evils.

by Anonymousreply 264August 31, 2022 10:45 AM

The Republican Party commercial currently playing here only attacks Shapiro for the usual reasons: high taxes, inflation (as if the Governor of PA is responsible for inflation), lack of new businesses/low growth.

Absolutely no mention of Doug Mastriano or his policies. This is (A) a complete lack of faith in Mastriano or (B) a clever scam by Republicans to vote Republican even if it's for a neo Nazi theocrat but without mentioning any specific names.

by Anonymousreply 265August 31, 2022 11:30 AM

7 more REPUBLICAN leaders endorse Democrat Josh Shapiro for Pennsylvania governor, following news of GOP candidate Doug Mastriano wearing a Confederate military uniform

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 31, 2022 2:10 PM

Oz is an idiot, and I think the race may end up being a blowout. But Fetterman's health is still a bit of a wild card, and his statement in the link at R261 is a little worrisome:

“I’m eager to put my record and my values up against Dr. Oz’s any day of the week," Fetterman, the lieutenant governor, said in a statement Tuesday evening. "As I recover from this stroke and improve my auditory processing and speech, I look forward to continuing to meet with the people of Pennsylvania."

I wonder if his damage from the stroke is even worse than they're telling us.

by Anonymousreply 267August 31, 2022 3:21 PM

R267, his speech seems okay in these clips, which were obviously from after his stroke (he makes a joke about Dr. Oz's "crudité" ad).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 31, 2022 3:29 PM

my daughter had a stroke when she was 45. It took her a little time to get back to where she had been. You don't get over a stroke overnight. It's like having surgery which needs a little time to heal.

by Anonymousreply 269August 31, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote] I never said Oz was great and powerful. I think he’s awful. But I’m also tired of voting for the lesser of evils.

Luckily, Fetterman-Oz is not a "lesser of evils" no matter how many times you insist it is R264. We're also tired of you.

by Anonymousreply 270August 31, 2022 7:27 PM

Oh, God, is that stealth-Trump "Philly suburbs lawn signs" troll back? The faux concern troll certainly sounds like him.

by Anonymousreply 271August 31, 2022 7:35 PM

Stroke-type.

Muslim-type.

Hmmmmmm 🤔

by Anonymousreply 272August 31, 2022 7:40 PM

Surely Fetterman does plan to debate Oz at some point, right?

by Anonymousreply 273August 31, 2022 7:59 PM

Why, R273?

by Anonymousreply 274August 31, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote]We're also tired of you.

So?

by Anonymousreply 275August 31, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote]Oh, God, is that stealth-Trump "Philly suburbs lawn signs" troll back? The faux concern troll certainly sounds like him.

Strike 2!

by Anonymousreply 276August 31, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote] —It’s the Bernie Bros 2.0… Fetterloons!!

Get real, you're the loon here.

by Anonymousreply 277August 31, 2022 8:58 PM

Many Republicans are now trying to hide or run away from their extreme abortion positions, since the overturn of Roe v Wade is extremely unpopular among voters.

But not Oz, he’s doubling down on “abortion is murder”. Truly one of the worst politicians imaginable. The only explanation for Trump supporting him is that Trump is exceedingly stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 31, 2022 9:14 PM

[QUOTE]Why?

Because it’s a friggin political campaign, R274, and candidates are supposed to debate.

by Anonymousreply 279August 31, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote] But not Oz, he’s doubling down on “abortion is murder”.

R278, the recently unearthed video was from May, before the Dobbs decision. Before Roe was repealed, Republican candidates weren't scurrying to try to whitewash their pro-life positions.

by Anonymousreply 280August 31, 2022 10:38 PM

R265 What part of PA are you in, if I may ask? I'm in south central, and haven't seen any anti-Shapiro or pro-Mastriano ads. I've seen lots of pro-Shapiro, but the vast majority of the political ads are Fetterman/Oz. The anti-Fetterman ads are so generic - "SOCIALISM! EXTREMIST! BERNIE! AOC! HILLARY!" The anti-Mastriano ads are really brutal. They are doing a great job of calling him out as the extremist he is. Hopefully, it's effective.

Obviously this is all anecdotal, but I've seen lots of yard signs for Mastriano and Fetterman. Zero for Oz.

by Anonymousreply 281August 31, 2022 10:53 PM

R281, Montgomery County, suburbs of Philly, specifically Lansdale boro.

Lansdale is very blue, area surrounding it is purple. We are part of a gerrymandered congressional district which is represented by Trump apologist and ass kisser Brian Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick advertises himself as willing to work across party lines, but he voted 100% with Trump and twice voted to NOT convict Trump in the impeachment proceedings.

I have noticed only a small amount of signs for Fetterman, Shapiro and Oz and none for Mastriano.

by Anonymousreply 282August 31, 2022 11:00 PM

Pittsburgh and suburbs are about 50/50 Shapiro/Mastriano... and all Fetterman and zero Oz.

by Anonymousreply 283August 31, 2022 11:17 PM

Fetterman is weird looking.

by Anonymousreply 284August 31, 2022 11:26 PM

[quote]Mastriano is just a downright dangerous man. He doesn't believe in abortion, he doesn't believe in climate change and right now he represents Gettysburg but when dress up day came a few years ago he dressed as a Confederate soldier. PA soldiers were Yankees. There is something really disturbing about this man even in his commercials.

He's also a member of the apocalyptic, messianic, gun worshipping Rod of Iron Ministries which was founded by Reverend Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon, the son of Moonies founder, Sun Myung Moon.

[quote]Mastriano also has an increasingly familiar religious profile. He has described the Gulf War, in which he served in 1991, as a “holy” war—a belief reflected in his bizarre 2002 graduate thesis, “Nebuchadnezzar’s Sphinx.” He has attended events of the Charismatic Christian dominionist movement known as the New Apostolic Reformation. He shares anti-Muslim memes, hangs out with militia members to guard Confederate statues at Gettysburg, and constantly hits all the main themes of Christian nationalist discourse in his speeches and other activities. In one particularly tasteless moment, he announced his gubernatorial candidacy while wearing a tallit and blowing a shofar—symbols that Christian nationalists have appropriated from the Jewish tradition and use to declare apocalyptic spiritual war.

[...]

[quote]Rod of Iron continues the Unification Church’s tradition of apocalypticism, but adds to this framework beliefs derived from a variety of sources that include, most importantly, the rhetoric, imagery, and ideology of both QAnon and Christian nationalism. The younger Moon wrote a constitution for the messianic kingdom he and his followers believe will replace the United States following its collapse. The church’s website calls for people to join in defending “freedom” by standing up for the Second Amendment, which “applies to all freedom loving individuals—across the planet.” (Just how a part of the U.S. Constitution is supposed to apply to the whole planet is left unstated.) And members of the church perform ceremonies wearing bullet crowns and carrying AR-15s

[...]

[quote]Vice reported last year that Mastriano has been a speaker at Rod of Iron events. It’s no surprise, given how much he and Rev. Sean Moon have in common. They are fellow travelers not only in promoting far-right Christian nationalist politics, but also in being Jan. 6th insurrectionists: Moon reportedly stormed the Capitol with over 50 of his followers. But the most important connection between Mastriano and Moon is their shared belief in an apocalyptic religion that imagines the present moment as a battleground between good and evil at the advent of the End Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 31, 2022 11:28 PM

Fetterman looks like Satan personified, but he sure as hell will get my vote. Go back to Jersey Dr. Oz!

by Anonymousreply 286September 1, 2022 12:25 AM

I knew Mehmet was deplorable enough to use Fetterman's stroke against him in his campaign. He's such a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 287September 1, 2022 11:47 PM

Rod of Iron?

🧐

by Anonymousreply 288September 1, 2022 11:53 PM

Shapiro’s lead is looking stable.

by Anonymousreply 289September 2, 2022 9:15 PM

R289, I hope so. The guy he's running against is really extreme. I know a lot of these Magats get called nazis a lot, but this guy really is and he doesn't hide it. If he gets in power, not just Pa., but as a whole, this is big trouble for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 290September 2, 2022 9:39 PM

I find it difficult to believe that Pennsylvania voters would elect a man like Doug Mastriano as their governor.

by Anonymousreply 291September 2, 2022 11:31 PM

^ 74 million voted for Donald Trump in 2020!

by Anonymousreply 292September 2, 2022 11:43 PM

R291 I’m a Pennsylvanian and I agree. Nevertheless, I’m taking nothing for granted after 2016. I always vote, but I’m also constantly reminding friends and family to vote too.

by Anonymousreply 293September 2, 2022 11:52 PM

At his rally in Wilkes-Barre last night, Trump said Fetterman uses heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and fentanyl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 4, 2022 2:17 PM

[QUOTE]^ 74 million voted for Donald Trump in 2020!

And the only time Pennsylvania went red recently is when Hillary Clinton was one of their main options.

by Anonymousreply 295September 4, 2022 2:27 PM

Having Trump campaign in PA is a gift to the Dems. The moderates needed to win have no patience for Trump’s bullshit and extremism.

by Anonymousreply 296September 4, 2022 2:33 PM

R295, I hope Fetterman sues Trump for slander.

by Anonymousreply 297September 4, 2022 2:45 PM

r291 They don't call that portion of the state between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia "Pennsyltucky" for nothing. PA was reliably Democrat for decades, but it all changed once a lot of blue collar voters drank the Reagan and Bush's Kool-Aid™. We never had to worry about an onslaught of political ads because conservative TPTB knew it was a waste of money.

Mastriano is so open about his conservative views, he's like a schoolyard bully who thinks he'll never be challenged. I think Shapiro will win, and if so, Mastriano will be sure to get a job if a Republican gets the White House. Heaven forfend!

We say these things every election and it certainly bears repeating: Do NOT become complacent; every vote DOES count: get your ass OFF the sofa and over to the polls; encourage your friends and neighbors to do their civic duty and, remember, we have to do this for the long haul, these midterms are not isolated incidents.

by Anonymousreply 298September 4, 2022 3:12 PM

Has Fetterman clapped back yet?

by Anonymousreply 299September 4, 2022 3:15 PM

As the Philly suburbs go, so goes PA. They are moderates. Those rural voters don’t add up to enough votes without those moderates, who are tired of Trump’s act and see his criminality.

by Anonymousreply 300September 4, 2022 3:19 PM

White moderates who lean conservative are DONE with Trump. They voted for Biden in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 301September 4, 2022 3:28 PM

The question is whether those moderates are motivated to vote for their Democratic choices. Being upset on your couch or at your restaurant table on Election Day cause you couldn’t be bothered to vote will only serve to help get these jackasses into office.

by Anonymousreply 302September 4, 2022 3:30 PM

Educated whites show up to vote…the problem is they sometimes vote Republican if the D candidates are shit. It’s blacks (the Democratic “base”) who are a toss-up as to whether they can be bothered to show up.

by Anonymousreply 303September 4, 2022 3:33 PM

R303 what in the hell are you talking about? Black people ALWAYS show up. The Democratic Party wouldn’t exist without them! You and the media just criticize them whenever they don’t show up in the gargantuan numbers necessary to rescue us from the large number of dumb ass white people who keep voting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 304September 4, 2022 3:36 PM

There does seem to be some evidence of motivation for the independents this year, R302.

by Anonymousreply 305September 4, 2022 3:36 PM

R300, I see Fetterman and Shapiro signs on almost every lawn in the Mainline suburbs. Each day, new ones pop up.

by Anonymousreply 306September 4, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote] Black people ALWAYS show up.

In my home state of Michigan, too many Black men stayed home in '16. If they hadn't, Hillary would've won the state.

by Anonymousreply 307September 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Yes, Hillary lost the state cause every black man didn’t show up to vote for her. Not the millions of white people, including white women in the suburbs, who voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 308September 4, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote] too many Black men stayed home in '16. If they hadn't, Hillary would've won the state.

In typical DL fashion (and no, R307, this is not specifically targeted at you), we criticize black people every chance we get (just look at some of the other threads right now on DL), and then we blame them for not showing up in enormous numbers to save us from white men, the demographic that always votes overwhelmingly Republican. At some point, we need to acknowledge that the real problem in the country is white, uneducated men. Place the blame where it really lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309September 4, 2022 3:56 PM

Although I am incredibly nervous before any election (ever since 2016), Shapiro is actually from Montgomery County and is very well known and liked in the Philadelphia suburbs, so he'll definitely get that vote. I still see him out and about sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 310September 4, 2022 4:10 PM

White men, particularly those without a college education, are lost to the Democrats, for now at least, so it's not a serious argument to say that Hillary lost because of this group of white men. It's like claiming she lost due to evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 311September 4, 2022 4:54 PM

Dems should have voted for Conor Lamb. Handsome and fit.

by Anonymousreply 312September 4, 2022 5:04 PM

What’s the deal with the wife Giselle Fetterman?

Always by his side, more than other political spouses.

She seems like a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 313September 6, 2022 3:50 AM

^ Tending to her ill husband?

by Anonymousreply 314September 6, 2022 2:05 PM

R313, everyone seems to love her.

She is very active in the community helping people, participating and organizing charity events and food drives.

She's the real deal. I love their children, too.

All in all, a very down to earth family.

by Anonymousreply 315September 7, 2022 12:22 AM

Giselle has interjected herself into the campaign as if she is running for senate too. You don’t see other senator wives doing that, they know their place.

by Anonymousreply 316September 7, 2022 7:52 AM

Is there place in the kitchen, R316?

by Anonymousreply 317September 7, 2022 8:05 AM

R316, they “Know their place?” First of all, are you from Victorian times? Second, as a PA voter, I haven’t seen Giselle any more than I’ve seen other wives/husbands of people running for office.

by Anonymousreply 318September 7, 2022 11:53 AM

R316- Unloved and unwanted incel.

by Anonymousreply 319September 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Fetterman WILL debate Dr. Oz. That’s great news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 8, 2022 12:26 AM

Oz will insert product endorsements in his replies, like cabbage juice, a cancer "miracle cure!"

by Anonymousreply 321September 8, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]One of the people depicted is Colin Matthews, who originally shared the photos of himself with Oz, as well as with others dressed in the jumpsuits, to his Instagram page. He also discussed dressing as a convicted felon. The photos shows Oz autographing one of the signs in question with Matthews standing next to him. "Last night might've been the greatest things I've ever done in politics yet. I was hired by the Oz campaign to play the role of a felon supporting Fetterman… I can't believe how many idiots thought I was legit out of jail," Matthews wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 8, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote]The spot is a clear attempt to tamp down enthusiasm for the Democratic Senate nominee in a largely Black city that makes up the foundation of Democratic support in Pennsylvania... Now, the Oz-aligned PAC plans to spend $500,000 on the ad over the next three weeks, running it on news channels such as CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News, but also BET, the Oprah Winfrey Network, HGTV, ESPN, and others... Oz, who has made several campaign stops in Philadelphia, doesn’t need to necessarily swing Democratic voters to his side. [bold]Just dampening turnout for Fetterman could help him win in a close Senate race.[/bold]

People not voting is my concern.

Fetterman is trending on Twitter courtesy of Tucker Carlson tonight, I didn't watch the video but the MAGAts are all riled up in the comments. On the one hand it's hilarious to see them supporting a carpetbagger from NJ who advocated for Covid mask mandates and Obamacare solely because he has an R next to his name but it's also disturbing to see them support a carpetbagger from NJ who advocated for Covid mask mandates and Obamacare solely because he has an R next to his name because they (Trump's base) hated him before the primary and they hated him again yesterday when he announced he would have certified Biden's win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 8, 2022 5:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 8, 2022 5:30 AM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 8, 2022 5:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326September 9, 2022 3:23 AM

OT but this is one of the replies to R326

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 9, 2022 3:24 AM

Fess up! Which of you queens of DL is Cornelius?

by Anonymousreply 328September 9, 2022 5:07 AM

Thinking people know from past elections you can't trust the polls, especially Hillary 2016. Treat the polls as cheap entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 329September 9, 2022 5:30 AM

Fetterman has devoted many, many years to making Pennsylvania a safer and far better place to live. He's hard working and dedicated, but most important of all...[bold] HE'S A PENNSYLVANIAN !

by Anonymousreply 330September 9, 2022 5:43 AM

So what's Doc Hollywood's plan for Pennsylvania?

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2022 5:46 AM

😷 Is The Wiz a real doctor or is he a doctor like Dr. Phil or Dr. Sheldon Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2022 5:52 AM

R332 He is a turkey.

by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2022 6:00 AM

Is Cory Booker gay?

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2022 7:07 AM

No, R334, he's not, and I'm the dame that can prove it.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2022 9:18 AM

[quote] I'm the dame that can prove it.

Dear Rosario. Didn't you get the message? I'm just not into you *that way.* But let's still be friends.

P.S. If I ever run for president again, I may be interested in rekindling our romance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2022 10:21 PM

Booker's sin is worse than being thought of as gay. He's into white women, which in the female AA community, is the kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 337September 11, 2022 12:03 AM

R337, I’ve always believed Michelle Obama was instrumental to her husband’s success.

by Anonymousreply 338September 11, 2022 12:05 AM

^ As Barack only narrowly edged out Hillary in ‘08 - informed entirely by his support from Black voters - I think it’s indisputable that the result would’ve been different had he been married to a Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 339September 11, 2022 12:30 AM

Why would it have been different, R339?

by Anonymousreply 340September 11, 2022 7:29 AM

Because, R340, with the residual strong affection for the Clintons, with Bill being the “first African-American president,” Black support - most particularly Black female support - for Barack would’ve taken a sufficient enough hit to have upended his narrow victory had he had other than a Black wife.

by Anonymousreply 341September 11, 2022 10:12 AM

Think John Fetterman will have a shock if he is elected into the Senate. It’s a whole different ball game there. Plus you are not allowed on the floor w/o proper suit & tie.

by Anonymousreply 342September 11, 2022 8:46 PM

R342, he knows about proper attire. He wore it when he presided over the PA state senate.

by Anonymousreply 343September 11, 2022 8:51 PM

[quote] Plus you are not allowed on the floor w/o proper suit & tie.

That doesn't apply to the House.

by Anonymousreply 344September 11, 2022 8:52 PM

The house isn’t the senate.

by Anonymousreply 345September 11, 2022 9:00 PM

Did this thread go off the rails?

by Anonymousreply 346September 11, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote]he knows about proper attire. He wore it when he presided over the PA state senate.

I hope the people who don't know these basic facts aren't Pennsylvania residents & voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 11, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote]Did this thread go off the rails?

Back on topic, this is from today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 11, 2022 10:17 PM

He looks like an undertaker in r347.

by Anonymousreply 349September 11, 2022 10:18 PM

And Oz looks like a demon who eats babies.

by Anonymousreply 350September 11, 2022 10:35 PM

Giselle Fetterman can’t look keep looking like a WHORE at the spouse democratic parties. Those wives will wipe her on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 351September 11, 2022 11:44 PM

R351, those spouses couldn’t care less. What an idiotic comment.

by Anonymousreply 352September 11, 2022 11:47 PM

but giselle fetterman isn’t even pretty

by Anonymousreply 353September 12, 2022 12:37 AM

Oz's career took a nosedive the minute he announced his candidacy. His TV show was immediately cancelled because it was considered free advertising/ promotion/conflict of interest. After he loses this election, I'm curious to see what's left of that "career" and if he will blame Trump for his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 354September 12, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] After he loses this election

Please put an end to this exuberance overconfidence. This election is by no means in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 355September 12, 2022 3:14 PM

R353, Giselle is objectively pretty, especially compared with other political wives. And what on earth does that have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 356September 12, 2022 3:20 PM

R353 = Daphne Oz

by Anonymousreply 357September 12, 2022 3:39 PM

For you, R309.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 12, 2022 11:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 13, 2022 1:07 AM

From the Times's Nate Cohn, some reason to believe we're engaging in more than a bit of irrational exuberance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 13, 2022 12:36 PM

If I didn't know anything about Rick Scott, I would still assume him to be a syphilis sore on a state the shape of a penis

[quote] “You know what I think about Fetterman? It’s exactly: If you’ve made any money, you don’t want your kids to turn out like that.” Radio host Hugh Hewitt chortled in affirmation, “Oh, that’s so true!”

[quote] Scott, the richest man in the Senate, added that Fetterman “hasn’t done anything,” while Hewitt lamented “tats on the arms,” a reference to the Pennsylvania Democrat’s predilection for tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 13, 2022 2:06 PM

I swear, I hate that man^^^ almost as much as I hate Trump. Please, if you're going to post a photo of his lying, criminal face, give us a warning, OK?

by Anonymousreply 362September 13, 2022 2:53 PM

Rick Scott is a fucking moron because "Rich people" are not going to be deciding the PA Senate race.

by Anonymousreply 363September 13, 2022 4:35 PM

Rick Scott shouldn't be criticizing anyone's appearance. He looks like some inbred creature from The Hills Have Eyes.

by Anonymousreply 364September 13, 2022 9:56 PM

R356

Giselle’s chin tho…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 13, 2022 10:10 PM

She resembles Cher's original face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 13, 2022 10:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 13, 2022 10:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 13, 2022 10:28 PM

Mullet stud

by Anonymousreply 369September 13, 2022 10:32 PM

Ewww he is soo not attractive but she isn’t either.

by Anonymousreply 370September 13, 2022 11:25 PM

His wife looks like a straight up tranny.

by Anonymousreply 371September 13, 2022 11:30 PM

Has the stroke effected Fetterman? And his electability?

by Anonymousreply 372September 13, 2022 11:34 PM

R372, No.

by Anonymousreply 373September 14, 2022 12:45 AM

Giselle Fetterman does look trans.

by Anonymousreply 374September 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Why isn't Oz speaking up in those laughable ads that his party is cranking out. Trump better get a move on it and finish writing Oz's speech.

If you put a babushka on Oz, he would look like a Russian peasant woman.

by Anonymousreply 375September 14, 2022 12:45 PM

I agree, R375. There's a hint of toothlessness about his visage.

by Anonymousreply 376September 14, 2022 12:47 PM

On the other hand, R376

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 14, 2022 1:41 PM

This is a welcome new poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378September 14, 2022 4:18 PM

Gisele could be the ugliest woman on the planet (she’s far from that), but she’s worth a thousand Lisa Oz’s. Maybe a million. I think she’s actually very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 379September 14, 2022 4:30 PM

John Fetterman is rich—he knows what crudité is…

by Anonymousreply 380September 14, 2022 6:00 PM

We all know what crudité is, r380, we just think it’s incredibly funny that someone who wants to be relatable to the common man would use it.

by Anonymousreply 381September 14, 2022 6:07 PM

R378, I trust none of these polls to accurately capture MAGA support. Nor should Pennsylvanians, who need to go out & vote regardless of the polls.

by Anonymousreply 382September 14, 2022 6:19 PM

I don't fully trust the polls, either, but Monmouth is rated highly (I believe in the A range) by 538, and 10 points is a very comfortable gap even if the poll is missing a few points' worth of MAGAts. Yes, get out the vote and act like we're behind, etc., but this is reason for optimism.

by Anonymousreply 383September 14, 2022 6:46 PM

The Monmouth poll is very encouraging. Let’s keep it up. Fetterman needs to nail that debate.

by Anonymousreply 384September 14, 2022 7:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 14, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote]Gisele could be the ugliest woman on the planet (she’s far from that), but she’s worth a thousand Lisa Oz’s. Maybe a million. I think she’s actually very pretty.

She is an attractive woman but she goes overboard with the makeup. I found this from 2008, she looks much better this way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 14, 2022 7:42 PM

Who gives a shit about her makeup? For christ sake.

by Anonymousreply 387September 14, 2022 7:48 PM

Maybe Fetterman was really saying crude idiot.

You know how that damn spell check likes to takes over. Every time I punch in Fetterman's name, spell check changes it to Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 388September 14, 2022 7:51 PM

Gisele looks okay. She does need a different hairstyle though which better suits her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389September 14, 2022 11:31 PM

Gisele needs a fucking make-over. That is one harsh look. Plus imagine Jon Fetterman on top of you…ewww!

by Anonymousreply 390September 14, 2022 11:47 PM

New CBS poll is also great news.

Republican Pennsylvania voters don’t even want Oz.

[QUOTE] Among likely voters, Fetterman led Oz 52% to 47% in a CBS News poll released Wednesday. But nearly two-thirds of Republicans said they wished their party had nominated someone else, CBS found, and only 15% of Oz supporters said they plan to support him because they like him.

by Anonymousreply 391September 15, 2022 4:37 PM

What a disaster Dr. Oz is. These are the kinds of people Oprah was foisting on us?

by Anonymousreply 392September 15, 2022 4:43 PM

[quote]What a disaster Dr. Oz is.

How can anyone of sound mind vote for this clown?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 16, 2022 8:25 PM

Here's the poll that really matters. Mastriano is capable of inflicting a lot more damage to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania than Trump toadie/lackey Oz ever could. Mastriano is a clear and present danger to democracy and must not be allowed to hold a state wide or national elected office.

I wish the Fetterman trolls here would give it a rest and concentrate on the PA governor's seat.

Go Josh!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394September 16, 2022 9:04 PM

I love Josh Shapiro, he's very mild mannered. He is likeable, though.

I'm hoping that in a debate, he can rip Mastriano to shreds with his steady intelligence. Like maybe he'll turn from Clark Kent into Superman.

by Anonymousreply 395September 16, 2022 9:28 PM

Latest Pennsylvania (Trafalgar): Senate: Fetterman (D) +2 | Governor: Shapiro (D) +2

Not long ago Fetteran had a double digit lead.

RCP Average: Fetterman +4.0

RCP Ranking: Toss Up

RCP Projection: GOP Hold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396September 16, 2022 10:57 PM

May I remind you, R393, that 74 million voted for Trump in ‘20.

by Anonymousreply 397September 17, 2022 10:16 AM

Wonder how he will translate in the senate. He will be a fringe Democrat there with Sanders & Warren.

by Anonymousreply 398September 17, 2022 12:33 PM

Your rationale for thinking that, R398? His policy profile is pretty mainstream (but then again, Sanders and Warren's policies aren't as "fringe" as you probably think).

by Anonymousreply 399September 17, 2022 12:48 PM

[quote] Wonder how he will translate in the senate.

I'm not too certain that will be an issue. I suspect they are just hoping he edges out Oz in spite of his deterioration and the democrat wins the governorship so they can appoint a healthy replacement who can fill out his term.

by Anonymousreply 400September 17, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote] His policy profile is pretty mainstream

We agree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 17, 2022 1:46 PM

Fetterman isn’t “fringe” (neither is Elizabeth Warren). Also, “fringe” Democrats mostly want universal health care. Not like fringe Republicans, who want Dump to be named lord king.

by Anonymousreply 402September 17, 2022 2:45 PM

After Fetterman suffered a stroke just days before his May primary, reporters were later told he had a pacemaker and a defibrillator fitted to address atrial fibrillation — a serious heart condition that was diagnosed years earlier but not revealed before he ran for lieutenant governor or senate. In a June statement, his doctor said he also had a serious heart condition called cardiomyopathy. Since then, none of the doctors on his current medical team have provided any details about the aftereffects of his stroke, despite frequent media requests for his medical records.

Since he returned to the campaign in mid-August, Fetterman has made brief appearances at a handful of events where he took no questions from journalists or audience members. He has largely relied on his Twitter account of nearly 800k followers to charm voters in his absence.

At the events he has attended, his halting, sometimes confused, remarks have caused concern. At his most recent event on Sept. 11, a Planned Parenthood “Women for Fetterman” rally, he struggled to finish his thoughts and fumbled his words, as he bashed his opponent, celebrity TV doctor Mehmet Oz, for making fun of his health issues.

At his first event — a rally in Erie on Aug. 12 — he stumbled, paused or missed words throughout his nine-minute speech to the discomfort of many in the audience.

“I knew he had had health issues, I did not realize the extent they had affected him,” said a voter at the event, who said he was from the city of Erie and a Democrat.

A week later at a Steelworkers rally in Pittsburgh, Fetterman gave a four-minute speech and stumbled over his words. “What is wrong with demanding for an easy, safe, kind of their income,” he said. “A path to a safe place for them to win… Excuse me… To work?”

On Labor Day, as he spoke for just over two minutes at a rally for Steelworkers in West Mifflin with President Biden in attendance, he often halted or trailed off and offered no comments on policy. “I am going to make it really simple for all of you,” he said, in a riff that was filled with frequent stumbles and awkward pauses, and ended with him confusing New Jersey with Washington DC.

“I can champion the union way of life in Jersey. Excuse me… In DC.”

Democrats who attended that speech said they are becoming uneasy about Fetterman.

“Some tricky, cute tweet coming at the people of Pennsylvania again and again and again, with scarcely a word on substantive issues — if that is all his brain can remember, that is unacceptable,” one Democrat told me. “He seems to think he can ride out the storm and not debate.

Fetterman has not yet debated Oz once during his campaign, although on Wednesday he said will face off with him on October 25 — more than one month 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 the Sept. 19 deadline when voters start casting mail-in ballots.

Washington Post condemned his lack of transparency and willingness to debate early in the voting process. “Mr. Fetterman is asking voters for a six-year contract without giving them enough information to make sound judgments about whether he’s up for such a demanding job,” it stated. “We have called for full disclosure of health records for federal office in both parties, including Donald Trump and Joe Biden, and we believe Mr. Fetterman should release his medical record for independent review. And he should debate Mr. Oz before voters start casting their ballots.”

The New York Times, Pittsburgh Post Gazette and Politico have all noted that he needed closed captioning to conduct interviews with their reporters. His campaign confirmed that he used Google Meets, a video chat app with closed captioning, for a live television interview this month with MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403September 18, 2022 4:17 AM

I'd rather see him beating Oz WITH a new pole.

by Anonymousreply 404September 18, 2022 4:18 AM

Worrying, R403, but I would rather elect a scarecrow than a Republican at this time. Hopefully he'll cancel the 10/25 debate and ride this out. He can always step down soon after, and the (hopefully) Dem governor in PA can appoint a replacement.

by Anonymousreply 405September 18, 2022 4:25 AM

That’s also an article from the NY Post. We know how much Rupert Murdoch loves Dems.

by Anonymousreply 406September 18, 2022 4:40 AM

Of course Deplorables are editing videos to make his speech issues look worse. I should have known they continue to be as evil as ever. R403, you can go fuck yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 18, 2022 4:47 AM

R403's article links to the Washington Post piece they quote, here are some of the comments:

[quote]The Post reminds me of what the Times did by obsessing on Hillary’s emails which were a minor infraction yet their obsession helped make it the singular issue in the 2016 campaign leading to her defeat. The man had a stroke. I heard him on MSNBC. He was perfectly coherent. He makes some word slips due to his stroke. His opponent is a supporter of a movement that is anti democratic and clearly fascist. He will vote the party line and help end our democracy. The Supreme Court has just taken away a constitutional right by justices approved by the current senate and you are worried about Fetterman not debating. You need to rethink your outrageous editorial or just add Herschel Walker to your board to have someone on who really does not want to debate and has no reason for not debating.

[quote]Ha! From reading the comments, looks like WaPo EB hit piece on Fetterman has backfired! Not only will Fetterman win, it appears WaPo loses more subscribers. And this at a time when the NYT wrote an article about the financial struggles & losing subscribers of the WaPo while NYT and WSJ are thriving!

[quote]Seriously considering cancelling my Post subscription after reading this tripe. This is just divisive. Did FDR step down after his constant battle with Polio? JFK chronic back problems sure interfered with his duties, eh? Other presidents, (Including Washington), Senators, Reps all have had health issues that did not affect their ability to be reasoning and well governing individuals. This article must have been written after a few martinis for lunch. Go lie down.

[quote]WOW! This is enough to make me re-think my subscription. Bad form WAPO, really bad form. We have a Republican party trying to undermine our democracy with a demagouge, who tried to overthrow a free and fair election, supported by OZ. The polling has made clear who the people of Pennsylvania support. John Fetterman has clearly spoken and been interviewed since his stroke. This hit piece questioning his fitness for office is beyond disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408September 18, 2022 4:53 AM

Who can forget the bizarre, obviously doctored videos from 2016 that supposedly showed Hillary Clinton suffering an aneurysm or stroke or something live in front of reporters? MAGAts pushed them endlessly, and probably still claim to believe them, even though here it is six years later and Clinton's perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 409September 18, 2022 12:55 PM

Thank God the PA GOP put up Dr. friggin Oz. 😅

by Anonymousreply 410September 18, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote]he stumbled, paused or missed words throughout his nine-minute speech to the discomfort of many in the audience.

So??

by Anonymousreply 411September 18, 2022 5:10 PM

Well, I believe everything both candidates have had to say.

by Anonymousreply 412September 18, 2022 5:20 PM

The speech they cite was from Aug. 12, so I think as long as Fetterman puts in the rehab hours, he should improve. My best friend had a stroke that affected his speech, and it took about a month before he spoke normally to others (although not for him, he’s very eloquent), and about 4 months before he was back to normal. He’s older than Fetterman too.

by Anonymousreply 413September 18, 2022 5:27 PM

I keep seeing posts like this, I hope these "patriots" don't vote in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414September 18, 2022 6:01 PM

To the douchebag Derrick Byron @R414's link:

"The Establishment" who selected Dr. Oz to run was none other than your lord and savior, Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 415September 18, 2022 6:09 PM

He looks like a Turque!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 18, 2022 6:22 PM

Lives in Jersey.

Services in Manhattan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 23, 2022 2:27 PM

It's like he wants to prove that he's rarely set foot in PA.

by Anonymousreply 418September 23, 2022 3:17 PM

I live in near Pittsburgh and my primary doctor is in NYC. There’s a lot to hate on Oz about but this isn’t the gotcha people think it is. My doctor has been with me for 20 years and I’m not going to give him up.

by Anonymousreply 419September 23, 2022 4:12 PM

Yet he still has a chance to win thanks to PA white women voting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 420September 23, 2022 4:13 PM

But, R419, you’re not in the running to be one of the highest elected officials in the state with an already questionable commitment to such.

by Anonymousreply 421September 23, 2022 4:17 PM

Yeah, let’s not blame suburban white men, r420.

by Anonymousreply 422September 23, 2022 4:39 PM

So, r421? That’s a cynical way of looking at it.

by Anonymousreply 423September 23, 2022 4:55 PM

Cynical?

Optics.

His opponent in one of the highest stakes political contests in America has be hammering him relentlessly about his homes (plural) and therefore standing to represent Pennsylvania. His counter attack is to release a medial statement showing that he is the healthier of the two--and yet he couldn't be arsed to find one doctor in all of The Commonwealth to give him a physical?

That has nothing to do with medical care. It is an issue of showing that he's engaged with the people he claims he wants to represent. If he can't see the value of having a PA doctor's note in these circumstances then that is a reflection on his judgement overall.

by Anonymousreply 424September 23, 2022 5:54 PM

Seriously r424. Philly has an inferiority complex already when it comes to NY so that won’t help. Geez Oz went to Penn, you’re telling me he couldn’t find a doc there or at one of the excellent Pittsburgh hospital systems?

by Anonymousreply 425September 23, 2022 5:58 PM

What's all this nonsense I hear about a senate candidate needing to be a long term resident of that state. That sounds so silly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426September 23, 2022 6:09 PM

Send this asshole straight back to New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 427September 23, 2022 6:39 PM

He’s already there most of the time, R427.

by Anonymousreply 428September 23, 2022 7:17 PM

R426, not only did she move there after the Clintons left the WH, she STILL LIVES THERE.

by Anonymousreply 429September 23, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote]What's all this nonsense I hear about a senate candidate needing to be a long term resident of that state. That sounds so silly.

While I think it’s stupid of people to go after Oz on having a NY doctor, and, yes, it is dumb…at least Hillary bought a house in NY and actually lived in it.

by Anonymousreply 430September 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Marist Poll of Pennsylvania Senate Fetterman 51% Oz 41% Governor Shapiro 53% Mastriano 40%

by Anonymousreply 431September 27, 2022 12:11 PM

thank goodness

by Anonymousreply 432September 27, 2022 12:29 PM

Other, more reliable polls have it much closer. Don't be complacent. Get out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 433September 27, 2022 1:02 PM

Marist is a very reliable poll. It gets an 'A rating from 538. But...the other polls are closer. I would rather believe that and mobilize the vote.

by Anonymousreply 434September 27, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote] Marist Poll of Pennsylvania Senate Fetterman 51% Oz 41% Governor Shapiro 53% Mastriano 40%

Of course a Marxist poll would show the Democrats winning!

by Anonymousreply 435September 28, 2022 12:46 AM

As a PA, lifelong resident, we hate carpetbaggers. You have to live here and establish roots.

by Anonymousreply 436September 28, 2022 1:49 AM

What will Dr OZ do if he loses? Sell Pillows?

by Anonymousreply 437September 28, 2022 5:28 AM

John is going to be like the squad. All talk but can’t get anything done because they are progressive.

by Anonymousreply 438September 28, 2022 7:57 AM

R438 That and because his brain is now jelly. Yeah

by Anonymousreply 439September 28, 2022 8:01 AM

The Squad? You mean Marjorie Taylor Greenen and Lauren Boebert? Neither of them have accomplished a single thing in Congress so far except cheap talk and dramatic displays fake outrage.

by Anonymousreply 440September 28, 2022 9:55 AM

Come to think of it, the entire Republican party has accomplished jack squat in the last 6 years. 4 of those years under Trump.

At least the Democrats accomplished pandemic recovery, economic stimulus payments, free vaccines, funeral expense assistance, expanded child tax credits, block grants for schools, funds for small business, student loan forgiveness, 1 billion infrastructure program, lowest unemployment rating in US history.

by Anonymousreply 441September 28, 2022 10:04 AM

AOC, Ilan Omar, Cori Bush, Jamal Bowman & Pressley Squad.

They complain when they don’t get everything on the checklist like a 5 year old & then vote with the Republicans.

The Squad supports the Republican Agenda when they vote against Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 442September 28, 2022 10:19 AM

R442, if you don’t like the squad, move to one of their districts and vote against them. This is about Fetterman. His politics are right in line with Dem politics. He will be great.

by Anonymousreply 443September 28, 2022 11:50 AM

"Governor Shapiro 53% Mastriano 40%"

Still not enough. Unless it ends at Shapiro 90% Mastriano 10%, Mastriano will claim the election was rigged and tie it up in courts for years. He has the friends in the PA legislature and court system to do it, too.

by Anonymousreply 444September 28, 2022 11:54 AM

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, women are registering to vote in Pa. in numbers far exceeding men since the Supreme Court abortion decision. I know this isn’t specifically about Fetterman, but it’s this kind of news that gives me hope for November. It’s this kind of shit that are moving women to register—see link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445September 28, 2022 12:02 PM

^ I’ve seen that reported in many states post-Dobbs, but these reports seldom fail to mention the significant increase in men registering to vote earlier in the year.

by Anonymousreply 446September 28, 2022 1:55 PM

I'm surprised no one's come up with a parody of Jimmy Dean's hit song "Big Bad John."

IF we can believe these polls, they seem to be leaning more in Fetterman, and Shapiro's, direction with every one that comes out. It is still 'nail bite territory' for me though. Keep the ball rolling, everyone. Do all you can to make this a decisive Democrat, and a stick in the Republicans' eye, victory.

by Anonymousreply 447September 28, 2022 3:30 PM

Fetterman sends his BLM support down the Memory Hole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 29, 2022 2:14 AM

Don’t forget Hilary was leading in the polls. The polls no longer mean anything. It’s all about getting people to vote.

by Anonymousreply 449September 29, 2022 4:29 AM

latest Fox Poll shows Shapiros lead steady with a 11 pt spread, but Fetterman has dropped to only leading Oz by 4. (despite the affiliation, Fox polls are excellent)

by Anonymousreply 450September 29, 2022 5:48 AM

That’s not a good example, R449, as the difference in Hillary’s lead in the national polls & the margin of her national “win” was only about .5%. It was the EC, not applicable in a Senate race, that doomed her electorally.

by Anonymousreply 451September 29, 2022 6:00 AM

R450, unlike Mastriano, Oz has some money to spend. He’s making a dent in Fetterman’s lead. I wish Fetterman would go balls out and just campaign morning, noon and night. I’ve seen him speak and he’s charismatic, he needs to be with the public to show it.

by Anonymousreply 452September 29, 2022 4:06 PM

Fox News now has Fetterman up by 4 (he was up by 11 in its last, July, poll).

by Anonymousreply 453September 29, 2022 7:12 PM

Why don't you go back to bashing Biden in your *Joe Biden asks if dead congresswoman is in crowd during speech* thread, r448? Well, at least you're transparent.

by Anonymousreply 454September 29, 2022 7:19 PM

Meanwhile, next door (no, not Jersey...the other next door)...

Let's hope there are more Calvins out there:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455September 30, 2022 6:01 PM

You can tell Calvin, the “Democrat” voter for Ryan, is for real.

by Anonymousreply 456September 30, 2022 7:16 PM

Emerson poll --- 𝗙𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗧𝗶𝗲

The latest Emerson College Polling/The Hill survey of Pennsylvania voters finds Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman with a two point lead over Mehmet Oz, 45% to 43% in the race for US Senate. Eight percent are undecided and 5% plan to vote for someone else. 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉, 𝑭𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏’𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒔. Despite a two point lead on the ballot, a majority of Pennsylvania voters (55%) expect Fetterman to win the election while 45% expect Oz to win, regardless of whom they support.

The margin of error (MOE) of +/- 3 percentage points.

Voters were asked about two focal points of the Pennsylvania Senate campaigns: Fetterman’s recent stroke and Mehmet Oz’s longtime New Jersey residence. Regarding Fetterman’s stroke, 59% of voters say it makes no difference on their vote, 27% say it makes them less likely to support Fetterman, and 14% say it makes them more likely.

Since the August Emerson Pennsylvania poll, the share of voters who say Fetterman’s stroke makes no difference on their vote has decreased by nine percentage points, 68% to 59%, and the share of voters who say it makes them less likely to support him has increased by five points to 19%.

Eighty-three percent of voters find it somewhat important (18%) or very important (65%) for the candidates running for either Governor or US Senate to participate in a debate prior to the November election

In a hypothetical election between President Biden and former President Trump, 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒑 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏 among Pennsylvania voters 46% to 45%; 6% would support someone else and 3% are undecided.

The

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 30, 2022 9:51 PM

interesting look at the crosstabs of the latest PA poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458September 30, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]Oz has some money to spend. He’s making a dent in Fetterman’s lead.

And he's spending it on ads. Oz is endorsed by various police departments and police unions, most of his ads repeat the words "radical left" over and over again and talk about crime. I have seen this ad on NBC Philadelphia during the 5AM news every morning this week. This is right out of the MAGA handbook and it's all simple minded voters need to hear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 30, 2022 10:20 PM

The ad at R459 replaced this ad, it had been running for a few weeks.

At least the guy in the ad at R459 is a real sheriff, the people in all of his other ads (not including the one above) were probably actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 30, 2022 10:23 PM

I know this is a Fetterman/Oz thread but this was to funny not to share.

[quote]It was billed as a blockbuster, but ended up a flop. If Doug Mastriano’s “big rally” last weekend were a movie, its Rotten Tomatoes score would be in the single digits. Only a few dozen supporters joined the Republican state senator on the steps of the Capitol building in Harrisburg — some of them members of a local militia group. The photos looked bad, because it was bad. The press coverage? Brutal.

[quote]A few days earlier, Mastriano’s fund-raising troubles had become clear. He’d appeared on a conservative podcast and asked if perhaps U.S. citizens living abroad might consider contributing to his cash-strapped campaign.

[...]

[quote]On Monday night, Mastriano’s campaign posted on Facebook a photo of two hands under the words “40 days of fasting & prayer” with the dates Sept. 29 through Nov. 8 — Election Day. “Interceding for our elections, our state, and our nation,” it stated, along with a verse from the Book of Isaiah.

[quote]“Starting in a few days,” Mastriano wrote in the post. One Facebook supporter responded: “It’ll be my honor to fast with you.”

[...]

[quote]The polls don’t look great, either. Democrat Josh Shapiro — who was so convinced that Mastriano would struggle in the general election that he ran ads to help him secure the GOP nomination — has been shelling Mastriano for months with a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign. Mastriano hasn’t run or booked any TV ads in response. He doesn’t do interviews with most media outlets, and won’t agree to a standard format debate.

[quote]Now, with the election only 41 days away, the head of a conservative group airing anti-Shapiro ads is questioning Mastriano’s tactics, particularly his insistence on campaigning within an echo chamber of hard core supporters.

[quote]“We were opposed to Doug’s candidacy in the primary because we feared that he would not be able to connect with the independent and moderate Democrat voters that are necessary for Republicans to win in Pennsylvania,” said Matt Brouillette, the head of Commonwealth Partners, a pro-business group whose PAC is running the ads criticizing Shapiro.

[quote]“Unfortunately, six weeks from the election,” Brouillette said Tuesday, “I haven’t seen anything to suggest we were inaccurate in our assessment.”

[quote]In a recent Washington Post column headlined, “Why Mastriano’s candidacy presents a special danger to the nation,” the conservative columnist George F. Will wrote, “His motives are frightening because they are pure: He has the scary sincerity of the unhinged whose delusions armor them against evidence.”

[...]

[quote]Still, Republican operatives say this race feels different. Trump may have been divisive, but he delivered his message to a wide swath of the electorate. His events were open to the media, he did interviews with many news outlets, and he ran ads. He also had the benefit in 2016 of running against a Democrat, Hillary Clinton, who was nearly as unpopular as he was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461September 30, 2022 10:36 PM

Mastriano won't debate Shapiro for one reason and one reason only: he's a gutless, spineless coward not used to having his authority on anything being challenged.

In short, he's your run-of-the-mill piss ant dictator wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 462September 30, 2022 11:16 PM

Although that may be the primary reason, R62, I suspect there is another reason

by Anonymousreply 463September 30, 2022 11:45 PM

Fetterman may turn this around in the debate, but I'm not sure what he'll be like post-stroke.

by Anonymousreply 464September 30, 2022 11:47 PM

R464 his speaking performances recently have been rough. oz isn't a great debator either

by Anonymousreply 465October 1, 2022 1:16 AM

Can Fetterman debate Herschel Walker instead?

by Anonymousreply 466October 1, 2022 2:48 AM

r464 It seemed to work out fine for Bette Davis. 😉

by Anonymousreply 467October 1, 2022 12:09 PM

R465 Oz has been on TV for decades; he will do fine in the debate.

by Anonymousreply 468October 1, 2022 1:50 PM

Kind of off topic, but Josh Shapiro has a great complexion and skin for a white, middle-aged guy.

by Anonymousreply 469October 1, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]Oz has been on TV for decades; he will do fine in the debate.

Pennsylvanians aren’t impressed with Hollywood pseudo-celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 470October 1, 2022 3:53 PM

They elected Trump in 2016, r470 and 2020 wasn’t a landslide loss so…

by Anonymousreply 471October 1, 2022 4:26 PM

Nothing about Fetterman is even remotely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 472October 1, 2022 8:28 PM

[quote] Nothing about Fetterman is even remotely sexy.

Well maybe the part where he grabs a shotgun and chases black joggers at night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473October 1, 2022 8:40 PM

Whoa. Those crosstabs a pretty ugly, r458. I figured the repubs would run away with Pennsytucky, but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 474October 1, 2022 8:47 PM

Keep on trollin', r473.

by Anonymousreply 475October 1, 2022 8:49 PM

PA yard sign update: I've now seen 2 Oz signs.

by Anonymousreply 476October 1, 2022 8:59 PM

It's difficult to picture anybody wanting to put up signs for either

by Anonymousreply 477October 1, 2022 9:18 PM

Ewww Gisele let him put his penis inside her 3x.

by Anonymousreply 478October 1, 2022 10:56 PM

R478 He's probably a great guy. Not everyone is abiut looks. Just like Jackie Kennedy and Ari Onassis.

Plus Fetterman comes from money. So there's security in it for her too. Especially coming from Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 479October 2, 2022 12:04 AM

Fetterman has a new Twitter account for the Fettermobile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480October 2, 2022 12:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481October 2, 2022 12:27 AM

I saw the bus today at the Waterfront Shopping Center…it’s a campaign bus. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 482October 2, 2022 12:41 AM

Wow, this is scary! Oz, Walker. Even Meghan McCain is campaigning against Kari Woods in AZ.

What’s up with Sunny Hostin? This past week, she said most Democrats want Biden to run in 2024, and if he doesn’t, Dems want Harris. She then said, in effect, that it is Harris’ right to be the nominee. What poll is she reading?

by Anonymousreply 483October 2, 2022 1:36 AM

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman was ridiculed after a video emerged of him giving an apparently nonsensical answer during a cable news interview.

Fetterman, who is running for Senate in the Keystone State, suffered a stroke in May questions about his health have lingered.

“I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing,” MSNBC host Chris Hayes asked Fetterman on Friday — noting it was the first time they had spoken since the stroke.

“𝘐’𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨,” Fetterman responded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484October 2, 2022 2:59 AM

John Fetterman high school senior pic, just because.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485October 2, 2022 3:03 AM

Oh thank you for that NY Post link, r484. This thread just wouldn't be complete without it.

by Anonymousreply 486October 2, 2022 3:47 AM

Bad news out of Nevada indicating a flip to the GOP makies winning Pennsylvania--or neutralizing Utah--that much more important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487October 2, 2022 9:10 PM

“Democrats are facing fresh problems in two pivotal Senate battlegrounds in which their nominees are facing attacks for being too progressive,” Axios reports.

“In Wisconsin, GOP Sen. Ron Johnson has pulled ahead of Democrat Mandela Barnes in the latest wave of public polls. In Pennsylvania, recent polling suggests Democrat John Fetterman’s double-digit advantage over Republican Mehmet Oz has shrunk to a statistical tie.”

by Anonymousreply 488October 3, 2022 1:39 AM

With gas prices going up again, I fear the Democrats’ post-Donna uptick in the polls has been stalled, if not reversed. Maybe an October surprise, e.g., Putin, will save them.

by Anonymousreply 489October 3, 2022 3:00 AM

Not just gas prices increasing, but constant media drumming of an impending recession in progress, with signs of increasing inflation, collapsing stock market, and depreciating home values

by Anonymousreply 490October 3, 2022 3:09 AM

Increasing unemployment will be the new media fixation until Election Day

by Anonymousreply 491October 3, 2022 3:20 AM

[quote] Increasing unemployment will be the new media fixation

Maybe not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 3, 2022 5:39 AM

Senate (Nevada) Laxalt (R) 45% Cortez Masto (D) 43% Rubinson (I) 1% Scott (L) 1% 9/20-9/29 by OH Predictive Insights (B/C) 741 LV

by Anonymousreply 493October 3, 2022 4:42 PM

It's looking increasingly like we need Fetterman to win to maintain a 50-50 split in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 494October 3, 2022 5:15 PM

Not the pinnacle of journalism, but still looks to be a credible report:

[quote] Oz, the New Jersey resident who’s currently running for U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania, was a “principal investigator” at the Columbia University Institute of Comparative Medicine labs for years and assumed “full scientific, administrative, and fiscal responsibility for the conduct” of his studies. Over the course of 75 studies published in academic journals reviewed by Jezebel, Oz’s team conducted experiments on at least 1,027 live animal subjects that included dogs, pigs, calves, rabbits, and small rodents. Thirty-four of these experiments resulted in the deaths of at least 329 dogs, while two of his experiments killed 31 pigs, and 38 experiments killed 661 rabbits and rodents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497October 3, 2022 8:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498October 3, 2022 8:27 PM

I hope Oz FLOPS HARD!!! I CAN'T STAND THAT QUACK!!!

by Anonymousreply 499October 3, 2022 8:33 PM

Given Shapiro's lead I would imagine that Conor Lamb would be doing significantly better in the general than Fetterman

by Anonymousreply 500October 3, 2022 8:48 PM

Conor Lamb had no enthusiasm among the Democratic base. He is viewed as a DINO. Shapiro is doing well because his opponent is an actual Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 501October 3, 2022 9:00 PM

HOT Senators Chris Murphy & Brian Schatz throwing John Fetterman a bone 🦴.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502October 3, 2022 10:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503October 3, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote] Conor Lamb had no enthusiasm among the Democratic base. He is viewed as a DINO.

Those Dems who call out other Dems as DINOs are as nutty as their RINO-decrying Republicans. Lamb has had a solid Democratic record. And he has shown an ability to win in a Republican-leaning district. I'm hoping for a Fetterman victory, but if he comes up short (as is likely the fate of Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin), this will be considered a squandered opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 504October 3, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]It's not just that Dr. Oz killed 300 dogs in violation of the Animal Welfare Act, or that he was fined $95M for illegal immigration practices, or that a peer reviewed study found that ~50% of his medical statements were lies—it's that none of this will make him lose MAGA votes.😑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505October 4, 2022 12:19 AM

A reminder that Conor Lamb lost his own district in the primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506October 4, 2022 12:44 AM

[quote]A reminder that Conor Lamb lost his own district in the primary.

That's because Fetterman took votes from him. If Fetterman had not run in the primary, Lamb would have won the nomination and coasted to victory in the general.

by Anonymousreply 507October 4, 2022 12:49 AM

Conor Lamb’s district was redrawn so that wasn’t “his district”.

[quote] Those Dems who call out other Dems as DINOs are as nutty as their RINO-decrying Republicans. Lamb has had a solid Democratic record. And he has shown an ability to win in a Republican-leaning district. I'm hoping for a Fetterman victory, but if he comes up short (as is likely the fate of Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin), this will be considered a squandered opportunity.

Yup. Absolutely.

And about the dogs…medical research is ugly. Very ugly. If you’re truly horrified about what happens to research animals then go after every drug company, research facility or teaching hospital. Otherwise, it’s just more issue avoidance.

by Anonymousreply 508October 4, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote]That's because Fetterman took votes from him. If Fetterman had not run in the primary...

That's how elections work, R507, if the winners hadn't run someone else would have won. Fetterman won May's primary by a landslide and in May 2018 he became the first candidate to defeat the incumbent in a PA lieutenant gubernatorial primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509October 4, 2022 2:07 AM

^ He better not lose or else a lot of his diehards here will have a lot of egg on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 510October 4, 2022 5:36 AM

A new Telemundo poll of Latinos in Pennsylvania just dropped. Fetterman is leading Oz by 18 points. Shapiro is leading by 36.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511October 4, 2022 6:00 PM

Oh John…you in danger gurl…back to Toss Up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 4, 2022 10:27 PM

The Dem strategy against Oz isn’t working. They better try something new.

I think they need to focus more on Doug Mastriano and tie him to Oz. Mastriano is the key to dragging down the entire GOP ticket in Pennsylvania. Make him more of a boogeyman, and make sure PA voters think of Mastriano and Oz as a team.

by Anonymousreply 513October 4, 2022 11:19 PM

The Democratic strategy against Oz IS working, and working very well. That's why the right wing dickless wonders are freaking out over it.

by Anonymousreply 514October 4, 2022 11:22 PM

I think Fetterman will end up winning but it will by a much smaller margin than Shapiro will win by. I also predict that he will be a particularly cringe Senator who is right on most of the issues.

by Anonymousreply 515October 4, 2022 11:35 PM

I think ^ is on target with those predictions.

In other news, I don't think this polling out of CO-3 is especially trustworthy, but I still find it nice to dream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516October 4, 2022 11:46 PM

R515 since your sentence can be interpreted in a couple of ways, do you mean right as in correct? Or right as opposed to liberal? If you think right as opposed to liberal, I’d be interested in why you think so.

by Anonymousreply 517October 5, 2022 12:10 AM

Interesting R515. I understood it to mean "correct" on the issues but as bullish in a china shop as Liz Warren or The Squad.

by Anonymousreply 518October 5, 2022 12:13 AM

R517 I meant correct

by Anonymousreply 519October 5, 2022 1:47 AM

He has had a couple better polling days from a couple very good pollsters. Two A rated polling companies have him with a six point advantage over Oz. Shapiros is nearly double that but I would take a six point win.

by Anonymousreply 520October 5, 2022 6:21 PM

Big John Fetterman hasn’t even hit his stride yet. Wait til the debate when he blows everyone away.

by Anonymousreply 521October 5, 2022 6:23 PM

Just wait for the evening gown competition!

by Anonymousreply 522October 5, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]Big John Fetterman hasn’t even hit his stride yet. Wait til the debate when he blows everyone away.

There’s a reason why he didn’t want to debate until after mail-in started and with just two weeks before the election… it’s not because he’s going to blow people away in a good way.

I agree with the poster upthread who said he’s going to win but the margins will be thinner than what the polls are saying. Pollsters have trouble with swing states and they’ve been off in Pennsylvania since the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 523October 5, 2022 7:35 PM

I know Fetterman has his delirious fanbois posting here. Sorry, but he's a very weak candidate, especially considering the very weak competition he has. He should be blowing a sleazeball like Oz out of the water, but he's not.

I'll vote for Fetterman but I'm going to be holding my nose the entire time.

Thank God Shapiro is maintaining his lead against that dago wop Christian Taliban cheeseball he's running against.

by Anonymousreply 524October 5, 2022 7:43 PM

[quote]dago wop... cheeseball

WTF, R524? Mastriano is a POS but the ethnic slurs are uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 525October 5, 2022 9:33 PM

r524 is a troll, r525. See...

[quote]Here's hoping Fetterman makes it to the finish line without stroking out and dying.

by Anonymousreply 526October 5, 2022 9:41 PM

r525 = Sister Mary Alter Rail.

by Anonymousreply 527October 5, 2022 9:50 PM

I’m a Democrat & despise The Squad.

They act like children who vote with the Republicans.

AOC should just switch sides already.

by Anonymousreply 528October 5, 2022 9:54 PM

None of that makes any sense r528.

by Anonymousreply 529October 5, 2022 9:57 PM

Thanks, R526.

And R524, Fetterman isn't "blowing a sleazeball like Oz out of the water" because a sizeable portion of the electorate consists of people who aren't too bright and are suckers for fear mongering, all of Oz's campaign ads target this demographic. There was a Reddit post about campaign ads today, here are some of the comments:

[quote]Yeah the point of these ads aren't to change minds. It's to whip up the people who are predisposed to be scared of these things into a frenzy so they actually turn up to vote.

[quote]A lot of the Oz ads are specifically designed to scare them. “Fetterman is going to send violent black men into your neighborhood” next to grainy police footage of black men being violent.

[quote]They're trying to sway elderly and low IQ voters using scare tactics in a small window of time so they have to follow the KISS approach when producing these.

[quote]It may seem stupid to normal people, but they know their voters, things as simple and moronic as that is what will get them to vote red.

One of the ads mentioned is linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530October 5, 2022 10:10 PM

Here's the Reddit post ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 5, 2022 10:10 PM

Fetterman did a good job with Joy Reid last evening. He was sharp and on point. Is therapy has gone well.

by Anonymousreply 532October 5, 2022 11:17 PM

His stroke is a non-issue. Newt Gingrich says that Herschel Walker's multiple concussions will make him an asset in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 533October 5, 2022 11:21 PM

[quote]he's a very weak candidate, especially considering the very weak competition he has. He should be blowing a sleazeball like Oz out of the water, but he's not.

And by any rational measure, Warnock should be blowing brainless Hershel out of the water but he's not.

If Jesus Christ himself were a candidate, he'd not only be trailing the likes of Oz if he didn't have an 'R' next to its name. He'd be branded as the most far left Antifa Commie that ever Commied.

by Anonymousreply 534October 5, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote][R524] is a troll, [R525]. See...

Eh, there’s more than a few people in Pennsylvania who question Fetterman’s health. He didn’t do himself any favors by lying about the extent of his stroke.

by Anonymousreply 535October 6, 2022 12:58 AM

[quote] And by any rational measure, Warnock should be blowing brainless Hershel out of the water but he's not.

Warnock only won the 2020 special election when Biden promised the voters $2000 if he won. Then after the election reneged on the promise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536October 6, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]Then after the election reneged on the promise

Reneged?

And... there's something called Congress, presidents don't introduce legislation or write checks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 6, 2022 1:47 AM

It’s rich that Republicans attack Biden & the Dems for overspending when they themselves got fully on board when post-election Trump raised the ante to $2000.

by Anonymousreply 538October 6, 2022 2:08 AM

[quote] Mitch McConnell and Republicans are putting more than 30 million dollars into Ohio to try and save JD Vance. They pulled money out of other states to do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539October 6, 2022 3:18 AM

^ Ohio this year may be like Texas the last few cycles. A state that seems tantalizingly gettable on paper but never in reality.

by Anonymousreply 540October 6, 2022 3:40 AM

[quote] More Cheney on Arizona: "For almost 40 years now I've been voting Republican. I don't know that I have ever voted for a Democrat. But if I lived in Arizona now, I absolutely would. ... For governor and for secretary of state."

[quote] Cheney lambastes Glenn Youngkin and Ted Cruz for rallying for Kari Lake

[quote] "I also think it's important for us as Republicans to demand from our Republican leaders that they not accept this unraveling of the democracy."

[quote] Cheney on Youngkin: He "should not come here" to campaign for Kari Lake.

[quote] Of Cruz, she says he "knows better, he absolutely knows that what he's advocating is unconstitutional. That what [Lake's] saying is unconstitutional. They know it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541October 6, 2022 3:46 AM

Brand new Monmouth poll just dropped. Fetterman leads by 5 over Oz. Last month he led by 10. Shapiro meanwhile leads by 16 points.

by Anonymousreply 542October 6, 2022 3:15 PM

Apparently Fetterman is showing signs of the stroke on the campaign trail. He’s inarticulate etc. I suspect that lead will drop even more, R542. It’s probably a dead heat right now with some momentum in Oz’s favor.

by Anonymousreply 543October 6, 2022 3:25 PM

As I said…the perception of Fetterman far outweighs his actual accomplishments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544October 6, 2022 4:29 PM

^ Other than in Texas, the role of a Lt. Governor is typically ceremonial.

by Anonymousreply 545October 6, 2022 5:05 PM

He didn’t even do the ceremonial part, r545. He didn’t preside of the state senate a good portion of the time.

by Anonymousreply 546October 6, 2022 5:07 PM

No one cares about the ceremonial part r546. That position was usually a stepping stone anyway. Fetterman raised his profile, which is what he wanted to do.

by Anonymousreply 547October 6, 2022 5:53 PM

^ Yes, Fetterman doesn't have the relevant governing experience of Herschel Walker, the Henry Clay of our times.

by Anonymousreply 548October 6, 2022 6:38 PM

Why does it have to be an either or, r548? How about the fact that the public is saddled with some pretty shitty candidates this election.

by Anonymousreply 549October 6, 2022 6:40 PM

r543 in the *Why does Biden always have this look on his face?* thread:

[quote]Is he on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 550October 6, 2022 6:42 PM

What office is Gisele running for?

by Anonymousreply 551October 6, 2022 8:01 PM

A lot of political pundits now seem to think that Oz will end of winning.

by Anonymousreply 552October 6, 2022 8:57 PM

New York Magazine breaks the bad news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 6, 2022 9:18 PM

^ To buttress R552’s point, Mark Halperin wrote in his daily newsletter yesterday that he wasn’t convinced that the Democrats were going to lose Pennsylvania (& NC).

by Anonymousreply 554October 7, 2022 4:47 AM

Over Fetterman’s classist attacks. Maybe someone who likes crudité would vote D & now John has discriminated against them.

Also his barely attractive wife Gisele is way to involved compared to other wives and you can tell is a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 555October 7, 2022 9:32 AM

R555, those of us who love crudités nonetheless found Oz’s commercial hilarious and out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 556October 7, 2022 11:06 AM

I've asked before and I'm STILL wondering:

WHAT the fuck IS that thing on his NECK?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557October 7, 2022 11:09 AM

R557 I raised the issue of if Fetterman won would there be a ugly off with Ted Cruz in the Senate and who would win. I was on the fence but now I think it's no longer neck and neck. Fetterman would become the ugliest sitting senator. 😒

by Anonymousreply 558October 7, 2022 11:14 AM

Who the fuck wears that goatee and hoodies and shorts?

A man-child does…grow the fuck up.

A real man wears a suit…

by Anonymousreply 559October 7, 2022 11:49 AM

Chris Murphy’s wife is way uglier than Gisele.

Murphy’s wife looks like an actual horse 🐴.

Gisele only has a chin & makeup problem.

by Anonymousreply 560October 7, 2022 11:51 AM

He CAN'T wear a suit, r559. It'll show THE LUMMMMMP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 7, 2022 11:51 AM

Ahh, the right-wing quislings are having their say. You can always tell by the mean-spirited stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 562October 7, 2022 11:54 AM

And the semi-illiteracy, R562. You'd think they'd sign up for classes or something.

by Anonymousreply 563October 7, 2022 12:06 PM

[quote] A real man wears a suit…

Definitely a suit jacket.

by Anonymousreply 564October 7, 2022 12:49 PM

I really couldn't support someone who looks like an orc from Lord of the Rings.

by Anonymousreply 565October 7, 2022 1:04 PM

So, ^ would vote for the guy who looks like a ferret who slithered though an oil slick instead...

by Anonymousreply 566October 7, 2022 1:06 PM

[QUOTE] I really couldn't support someone who looks like an orc from Lord of the Rings.

You don’t live in Pennsylvania, so who gives a shit? Matter fact do you live in America at all, Comrade?

by Anonymousreply 567October 7, 2022 2:13 PM

HOW IT STARTED:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 7, 2022 6:48 PM

HOW IT'S GOING:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569October 7, 2022 6:48 PM

R569. It is a museum that has many historical artifacts, including Hitler’s car. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 570October 9, 2022 8:43 AM

R569 posting about someone accidentally speaking at a museum next to Hitler's car is in fact the lowest form of hack partisan propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 571October 9, 2022 8:48 AM

Trends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 9, 2022 11:13 AM

Fuck Rupert Murdoch's NYPost!

by Anonymousreply 573October 9, 2022 11:17 AM

The media is desperately trying to make Oz happen.

by Anonymousreply 574October 9, 2022 11:43 AM

r574 The polls, if we can believe them, ARE tightening up, getting worried that Oz is going to pull this off. I am more sanguine about Shapiro's chances. They should've had Mastriano speaking in front of Hitler's automobile, considering his jackboot approach to politics. Even if he loses, he'll be a thorn in our sides for the foreseeable future. I shudder to think of him in some high profile job in Washington, should the Republicans re-take what they lost 2 years ago. 😱

It is going to be a very tense nail-biting 30 days until the election.

by Anonymousreply 575October 9, 2022 1:17 PM

Yes, the polls seem to be showing that Republicans are coming home to Oz in very much a swing state.

by Anonymousreply 576October 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Big John and Josh Shapiro both have this in the bag. Pennsylvania is not about to have corny ass Doctor Oz as its senator. Only these lunatic Republicans think that’s a good idea.

Once again, black folks will be there to rescue America from itself. Leave it up to white people and they’d seriously make Mehmet Oz a US Senator of a state he doesn’t live in.

by Anonymousreply 577October 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Pennsylvania voted for Trump in ‘16. Oz can definitely win.

by Anonymousreply 578October 9, 2022 2:13 PM

R577, I don’t know why you say “Black folks will be there to rescue America from itself.” Look at in Georgia, where the news is staying Abrams lost her last race because Black men didn’t vote for her. She’s consciously targeting the Black men this time around. The PA race shouldn’t be this close. If Oz wins, it’s another victory for Oprah, even though she hasn’t publicly supported him.

by Anonymousreply 579October 9, 2022 7:58 PM

[quote] The PA race shouldn’t be this close.

Why?! Pennsylvania is the very definition of a swing state & there are no incumbents running.

by Anonymousreply 580October 9, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote] posting about someone accidentally speaking at a museum next to Hitler's car is in fact the lowest form of hack partisan propaganda.

1) Accidentally?

2) The inability or unwillingness of a campaign to protect a candidate from being aligned with fucking HITLER is, in fact, proof of that candidate's lack of readiness to be a member of the United States Senate.

by Anonymousreply 581October 9, 2022 8:44 PM

Fetterman is wearing pants now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 9, 2022 8:48 PM

R577, nothing is "in the bag" you asshole. This race is still very much uncertain. We need to be turning voters out for Fetterman, not telling them a month in advance he's already got it "in the bag." How irresponsible of you.

We need everyone in PA to voter for Fetterman and Shapiro because the alternatives are far too extreme. Also, claiming one group of people, especially one race, willl "save" the rest of us is divisive bullshit that we don't need. I'm grateful for black people's support but no one needs you claiming they're going to "save" Pennsylvania with their votes.

Honestly, you just sound like a troll pretending to be an enthusiastic Democrat, when everything you wrote sounds designed to suppress the vote and set up a group as the scapegoats to blame when Fetterman loses. Fuck off with that nonsense. F&F for you.

by Anonymousreply 583October 9, 2022 9:16 PM

[quote] The inability or unwillingness of a campaign to protect a candidate from being aligned with fucking HITLER

And Scooby Doo driving around in that fascist 1978 Volkswagen LT 40 van was aligned with HITLER

by Anonymousreply 584October 9, 2022 11:49 PM

The fact that you think that absurd whataboutism somehow excuses Oz is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 585October 10, 2022 3:31 AM

John needs some new lines to fight Oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 10, 2022 10:39 AM

Does Trump know Oz's Dirty Little Secrets, and that's why he's running in PA, the traditional Democratic stronghold?

Oz has NOTHING to offer the people of Pennsylvania. Neither does Trump.

by Anonymousreply 587October 10, 2022 7:25 PM

R587, while Pennsylvania might once have been a Democratic stronghold, it certainly is no longer. Not unusual for states, over time, to change politically. In my lifetime (I’m 65), Vermont & Colorado were once Republican bastions. California & Illinois were once battleground states. Then you have the Solid South, along with West Virginia, which were reliably Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 588October 10, 2022 7:39 PM

R588, yes. West Virginia went for Carter against Resgan in 1980. The solid Southn except Georgia, went Republican. Only a handful of states went for Carter.

West Virginia is now Republican and one of the strongest for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 589October 10, 2022 7:47 PM

R589, not only did West Virginia vote for Carter in 1980, but it was one of only five states to do so. And two of the others, Georgia & Minnesota, were the home states of the Democratic President & Vice President!

by Anonymousreply 590October 10, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote] West Virginia is now Republican and one of the strongest for Trump.

West Virginians are others like them weren't wanted by the woke democrats who followed Bill Clinton, including Gore who would have won with West Virginia's five electoral votes. They'll deign to accept their votes but sneer when doing so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591October 11, 2022 12:42 AM

An opinion piece from six years ago, r591? Hillary was 100% on target about the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 592October 11, 2022 12:47 AM

r592 showing nothing has changed.

by Anonymousreply 593October 11, 2022 12:49 AM

Yes, r593, the deplorables *definitely* haven't changed.

by Anonymousreply 594October 11, 2022 12:53 AM

The 2022 Democratic Senate candidates (with my predictions)

👍 Mandela Barnes (WI)

👍 Cheri Beasley (NC)

Charles Booker (KY)

Trudy Busch Valentine (MO)

🤞🏾 Catherine Cortez Masto (NV)

🤞🏾 Val Demings (FL)

👍 John Fetterman (PA)

Mike Franken(IA)

👍 Maggie Hassan (NH)

Kendra Horn (OK)

Madison Horn (OK)

👍 Mark Kelly (AZ)

👍 Tim Ryan (OH)

👍 Raphael Warnock (GA)

by Anonymousreply 595October 11, 2022 1:37 AM

So fingers crossed is 'definitely lose' and thumbs up is 'probably lose?'

by Anonymousreply 596October 11, 2022 3:08 AM

I pray to God that

A) Covid killed enough of them to make a difference in the vote totals, and polls aren't picking it up.

and...

B) Enough women who might not usually vote are pissed off enough about reproductive rights to vote this time out, and the polls aren't picking that up either.

Jesus Christ, I don't think I can stand this shit every two fucking years.

My biggest fear? Every time I go to get groceries, and the bill is so outrageous, I think "People are going to vote GOP."

God help us.

by Anonymousreply 597October 11, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote] I pray to God that A) Covid killed enough of them to make a difference in the vote totals

How woke of you Pol Pot

by Anonymousreply 598October 11, 2022 3:29 AM

Fuck you, R598. They killed themselves while we tried to save them. I'm glad they're dead. The average IQ of the US probably went up 5 points.

by Anonymousreply 599October 11, 2022 3:56 AM

[quote]My biggest fear? Every time I go to get groceries, and the bill is so outrageous, I think "People are going to vote GOP."

And you think that people should just suffer through the Biden inflation and vote your way against their self-interest?

by Anonymousreply 600October 11, 2022 6:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!