Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ricky Gervais STILL jokes about THE TRANS! Part the second

Continue discussing lovers and haters of all things Ricky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 1, 2022 10:41 PM

Oh great. Another day, another anti-trans thread by the anti-troll in England. Isn’t it tea time? Go have a crumpet and suck some dick instead of hating on the LGBTQ+. You gays are sick, harming the most marginalized community. People are dying, Kim.

Netflix has blood on its hands. No one should have access to this dangerous content. Ricky’s dangerous rhetoric will get millions of people killed, whether through trans bashing or suicides. The FCC needs to look into this. How can a company be allowed to contribute to a holocaust and still be in business? Wake up, people. The time to boycott is now. Transwomen = women and transmen = men. And if you can’t get that through your thick fat skull then you should go kill your cis self. So sick of this bashing. Minorities bashing minorities. Make it make sense. I hate it here.

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2022 4:04 AM

Human beings can't change sex. Everyone knows it.

His talk about "dinosaurs" was a nod to the UK feminists pushing back against trans nonsense. He sees what is going on.

There have been many people in the UK have the cops show up at their doors for the crime of criticizing trannies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2022 4:09 AM

[quote]There have been many people in the UK have the cops show up at their doors for the crime of criticizing trannies.

GOOD! About time. The rain of terror has got to stop.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2022 4:12 AM

[QUOTE] People are dying

I'll tell you something (else) R1 - in countries were people really are facing a day to day struggle to live, because of lack of food, exploitation by the West (usually the USA) or atrocious sanitation conditions, no one has time to be self-indulgent about their fucking pronouns or gender self ID.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2022 7:00 AM

I don't think this controversy will last as long as the one involving Dave Chappelle.

Therefore, it ultimately it will be much more damaging to the trans cause. I was watching an interview where a standup comedian said he has already witnessed comedy club-level comics starting to try out trans-related jokes after being inspired by Gervais.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2022 7:08 AM

Dogs know. Cats know. Birds know. If you know, it's a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2022 7:23 AM

The UK comedy community and the clubs went completely pro-trans and cancel culture some years ago. Numerous careers were pretty much destroyed by it unless the comedians capitulated, and some were asked to sign some no-offensive jokes contracts or else no work.

Glad to see the pendulum is swinging.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2022 7:24 AM

Frankie Boyle has made a career out of being extremely offensive, but even he's too afraid to make trans jokes. He's happy to make jokes about disabled children, though.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2022 7:34 AM

Women's sports and standup comedians. Bringing an end to the trans madness!

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2022 7:38 AM

[quote]I'll tell you something (else) [R1] - in countries were people really are facing a day to day struggle to live, because of lack of food, exploitation by the West (usually the USA) or atrocious sanitation conditions, no one has time to be self-indulgent about their fucking pronouns or gender self ID.

How does any of that supersede trans awareness or basic human rights? There’s nothing more important than human kindness and it costs nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2022 7:52 AM

R10, maybe TRAs should practice the "kindness" of which you speak.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2022 7:57 AM

[quote]You gays are sick, harming the most marginalized community. People are dying, Kim.

[quote]Netflix has blood on its hands. No one should have access to this dangerous content. Ricky’s dangerous rhetoric will get millions of people killed, whether through trans bashing or suicides.

First of all, who's Kim?

Second, you're being ridiculous and histrionic. But your sentiments are so overblown that I suspect you're putting us on.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2022 8:02 AM

Agree with R12. Plus, those histrionics will just end up in some comedian's next standup routine.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2022 8:03 AM

I’m sorry but we are kind to everyone. It’s just that sometimes we are so triggered by the rampant disrespect that we have to give it back some. We try to bite our tongue and hold it in but it is exhausting. When cishet TERFs come after us with pitchforks, we give if back good and defend ourselves. TERFs should just die already and not come after trans women of color.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2022 8:06 AM

Is 'rampant disrespect' when lesbians refuse to suck your girl-dick, r14?

Because as you well know, trans women maintain male levels of violence, and are in fact one of the safest groups in society. (Also more likely to commit violence than be victims of it).

So good news! You're safe from those scary TERFs!

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2022 8:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2022 8:19 AM

[quote]Because as you well know, trans women maintain male levels of violence, and are in fact one of the safest groups in society. (Also more likely to commit violence than be victims of it).

Uh, no hon. Trans women are the most vulnerable people on earth. They are 50 times likely to be murdered than a cis woman. Google it. When will it stop?

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2022 8:19 AM

Lol r17

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2022 8:48 AM

[QUOTE]We try to bite our tongue and hold it in but it is exhausting.

Exhausting you say? Well I haven't heard the trans use that word for at least 2 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2022 10:23 AM

To the histrionic queen from the last thread at r592 -

You can take everything I said out of context and pretend I said something else, but all it does is show you have no argument and are willfully misinterpreting it for your own ends.

[quote]Uttter bullshit. What the fuck is a "gender cult"? Do you know what "affirming care" is? Have you met or talked to a practitioner? Or reviewed their methods? Do you know a trans person? Or the parents of a trans child?

You should really try getting up to speed on the discussion before you parachute in to spray your opinions all over it. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, don't know the argument, don't know what people have said in the thread that answered your questions in much detail, and then you have the nerve to accuse me of not knowing anything about what I am saying.

You didn't respond to anything I said, all you did was accuse me of lying and then dropped some dark hint about what my REAL motives were, which I'm sure makes sense to you, but not to anyone sane. You didn't present any counter arguments. You didn't disprove anything. All you did was show your own confusingly self-righteous ignorance.

I suggest you learn a bit about what you are defending and pull your head out of your ass before interrupting the adults in the room. Your bullying, gaslighting, and attempts at manipulation no longer work.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2022 7:44 PM

[quote] You didn't respond to anything I said, all you did was accuse me of lying and then dropped some dark hint about what my REAL motives were, which I'm sure makes sense to you, but not to anyone sane.

You are the English anti-trans troll. We KNOW what your motives are, dear.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2022 7:50 PM

Thread #2..& imagine 600 comments, & its still funny, to me.Damn I'm evil. I tried drinking all the Kool-Aide, & its still funny to me. I'm cursed, I'm doomed. I am personally responsible for the death of billlions of trans. Because I laughed!

And no, I'm not hanging my head in shame, I'm just laughing, again as I watch the clip. Sorry, I just love a good laugh. Didn't Stalin want to exile people to the Gilag for laughing?

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2022 7:51 PM

This controversy is over. Gervais won. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2022 7:55 PM

^You mean we won't be arrested or dragged on line for laughing??

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2022 7:57 PM

I have the idiotic trans activist troll blocked (the person who has made half the comments in this thread, starting with r1), he is a UK person who camps on these threads all day long and keeps testing different arguments and tactics on us to see what works. He has no life in the real world so seems to live for these threads as he always seems them out. If not for the fact that he thinks he's somehow clever and pulling one over on all of us, I would just overlook it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2022 7:57 PM

*seeks

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2022 7:58 PM

See, again, I thought that R1 was satire. Surely, I thought, no one can be that hysterical over a stand up special. Calling on the FCC, referencing a holocaust, etc...

Perhaps, in this humorless age we live in, satire is simply indiscernible. Maybe, the only reason that I know that The Onion is satire is because it's The Onion

You would think if there were truly a holocaust going on, (a truly offensive bit of hyperbole) and that many trans people were dying every day, we would be tripping over the bodies in the streets, since public services wouldn't be able to keep up with them.

I guess it must be a metaphorical holocaust, with the victims just dying on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Seriously people? How obvious does our resident Tranny Troll need to be? You still can't see it?

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2022 2:35 AM

Ricky Gervais is such garbage regardless of his bigoted jokes. He’s just as bad as Ms Piers Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2022 3:02 AM

r28 If it is the same person I have seen whose posting frenzy ends at bedtime in the UK, he isn't pretending to be a trans activist troll, this is likely just another tactic from him to derail conversation in a thread. He switches stuff up and adopts a new persona every now and then, but it's always the same person. He will lie and say whatever, his goal is to drive people away from the thread because he posts incessantly or to derail it. He's tried attacking women and playing up the "women vs gays" angle, he's tried attacking feminists and playing up the "feminists vs gays" angle, he's tried nonsense, he's tried not responding to anyone directly and instead just posts again and again variations of the same stuff, etc. You can tell him because of the incessant posts, many in a row, the obsessiveness, and the UK bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2022 3:05 AM

r29 he's really not, but go off.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2022 3:05 AM

Ricky Gervais hires 10 bodyguards for gigs after Netflix trans comments cause uproar

A source said he couldn’t “take any chances” following a stage attack on US comic Dave Chapelle, 48, last month at the Hollywood Bowl after his own Netflix special last year was accused of being transphobic.

He was knocked to the floor on stage by a man armed with a replica gun fitted with a knife, but was uninjured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2022 4:13 AM

I agree with ricky gervais, but his special wasn't that funny. His schtick is stupid and he comes off as tired, old guy who just complains

All these over 50, rich, white guys are boring.

These old farts constantly complaining about "cancel culture" are the 2020's version of "get off my lawn"

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2022 4:20 AM

One can't argue that the trans supporters are the sane ones when they'll attack - physically as well as verbally - anyone who disagrees with them. Mental health problems are a major issue in the trans culture.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2022 4:22 AM

R33, 99% of the public disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]These old farts constantly complaining about "cancel culture" are the 2020's version of "get off my lawn"

Ricky Gervais's standups have been about cancel culture. I'm surprised the trans lobby waited for this blip and you miss it sendup of the trans own words in this special to go after him. Did they miss Humanity where he spent one-third of the time on Caitlyn Jenner - and her killer driving habits?

Before that, In Science he took on fat people. It was funny. I find him funny but then I like irreverent comedy.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2022 7:33 AM

The trans won't attack Ricky psychically because, like most of them, he's a white man. They just hate women.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2022 8:54 AM

r2 humans can't change their sex which is why they're now called transgender and not transsexual. Sex and gender are two different things. You don't have to be a gender studies professor to know that. Sex=chromosomes and gender=your name, hairstyle and clothing. One is biology and one is a social construct (like Santa Claus or the days of the week).

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2022 10:33 AM

R32 good, I hope his bodyguards are armed too!

R37 there will be some showboating nonsense by them, just wait. When you have masses of people on the internet saying your standup is literally killing them and Netflix is committing genocide - and these are already unstable, mentally ill people we are talking about - someone may decide to be the Savior.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2022 1:01 PM

R38, you can't just mechanically separate the 'social construct', whatever it is, from sex. If gender is this social construct about roles and stereotypes and cultural norms for the sexes, what you end up with if you claim sex can be completely separate is a cosplay using the most superficial and non-essential traits like dress, makeup, fake tits. There are enough biological women in this world who don't wear dresses or makeup and a flat chested.

Haven't heard any of the transwomen say, how cool that I can now earn less than as a man or skipped over for promotion etc.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2022 2:49 PM

I'd also say it is the social expectation (construct if you will) for women to be in a possession of a vagina. Not to swing a dick in the ladies' changing room or sneak one on your Grindr dates.

And vice versa for men. There's no social construct for 'man' which doesn't include the expectation of having a dick (I trust we don't need to specify the dick is expected to be biological and shooting sperm)

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2022 2:57 PM

R38 unfortunately the modern trans movement no longer seems to think that sex exists, or they are trying to redefine it to have as much ambiguity as gender so they can claim it's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2022 3:38 PM

The logic is simple.

A male has a penis. A male is a man. Therefore, a man has a penis.

A female has a vagina. A female is a woman. Therefore, a woman has a vagina.

To debate otherwise is pure Orwell.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2022 3:40 PM

To counter that argument, r43, a trans activist or ally would say "but some men have vaginas!" and then they'd be "but intersex people exist" and then when you explain gametes to them they'd say "but sex is a spectrum!" and send you a link to a Scientific American article on sex written by a sociology orofrssor, and then if you still hadn't given in, they would call the entire conversation transphobic (assuming they didn't start from there).

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2022 3:43 PM

R44 - hence the Orwellian nature of it all.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2022 3:46 PM

I think the most bizarre conversations I've had is when someone does the whole "trans women are women" bit on a religious level where they pretend there is literally no difference between a woman and a trans woman.

Or when someone says "women deserve a word of their own" they say "that's right, I agree!" but they mean "women" as in the case of "trans women are also women". It's just intentionally confusing. The goal is to wear you down so you just do it rather than deal with explaining it or arguing about it each time.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2022 3:52 PM

"Men have vaginas" and "Women have penises" is pure 2+2=5.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2022 3:56 PM

R33, yet they seem to be the only comics that can draw huge audiences and who are household names.

Who are the younger comics taking their place?

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2022 5:48 PM

R37, they might now.

It's true that TRAs originally were careful to avoid getting into fights with men.

That's why they leaned into the TERF term so heavily. They wanted to paint their opponents as the type of feminists that straight men don't like.

Men also were staying clear of the trans issue because they thought they would get bashed by women.

But now that straight women have given straight men the signal to get involved there will inevitably be more conflict between men and TRAs

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2022 6:05 PM

I really don't think so. As well as being incredibly homophobic, most trans (at least male ones) are incredibly misogynist too.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2022 7:54 PM

R50, the gloves are off. The TRAs have been attacking Bill Maher, Dave Chappelle and Ricky Gervais.

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2022 8:00 PM

I'm sure they're all terrified.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2022 8:06 PM

R51 nowhere near like they attack women like J.K. Rowling. I actually saw a TRA post that SHE was to blame for the "rise in transphobia" because they didn't bash her HARD ENOUGH it encouraged others. Like what else could they have done? Physical violence is about all that was left, and they tried intimidating her by picketing in front of her house, too.

Like, that's their thought process - no matter who is going against the orthodoxy, it's STILL a woman's fault. The autogynephiles are the most misogynistic of all.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2022 12:00 AM

[quote]A female has a vagina. A female is a woman. Therefore, a woman has a vagina.

Unless she has a penis. But you knew that already. Do not assume because that makes an ass out of you and me.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2022 12:37 AM

R54 you're what, 12?

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote]Do not assume because that makes an ass out of you and me.

What kind of ass though? A male ass (in close proximity to a dick) or a female ass (next to a vagina)?

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2022 1:40 AM

An ass that we all have, they all are used to get rid of bodily excrement. And when not cleaned all smell

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2022 1:42 AM

You seem to grasp biology better than The Trans do R57

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2022 9:30 AM

The most concerning thing about this issue is that for many people accepting that penis=male and vagina=female is now considered a far right belief.

AOC and the ACLU refusing to say women, girl or female when discussion the abortion rights the far right want to end plays right into their hands.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2022 10:11 AM

Erasure of women.

Erasure of gays.

🤐

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2022 4:50 PM

R53, it's true the TRAs haven't gone after men as badly but the fact that they have started to target them as well is noteworthy.

In the end, it'll be men who crush the TRAs.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2022 11:31 PM

The jokes write themselves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2022 12:09 PM

Oh my God, R62. What the hell is happening?! It's like we're living in an alternate universe where black is white, men are women and pretending to give birth to a stillborn baby is a fun weekend activity.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2022 12:42 PM

Anyone would think the insufferable trans cunt would just doing it to make women feel uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2022 1:44 PM

A lot of them started as incels. It's fairly typical for trans to start as incels or MRAs

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote] 99% of the public disagrees with you.

R33, you are completely full of shit.

I actually agree with him, but the jokes just weren't that funny. Dave Chappelle is so much funnier. And he doesn't have that chavy accent like Ricky does. What adult calls themselves Ricky?

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2022 3:53 PM

Jesus Christ. At least try and not look like something out of a nightmare ( at r62 )

by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2022 4:03 PM

Ricky and Bill Maher are both old farts who think their cultural irrelevance actually means they're TOO BADASS!!!!!

They're old and out of date. They hate who their fans are now and are mad the hip young people have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2022 4:26 PM

R68 what comedians have younger people moved onto that have the cultural relevance of Chappelle, Gervais and Maher?

by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2022 11:59 PM

Yeah what do hip young people like?

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2022 3:09 AM

I'm in my 40s but my younger colleagues also love Ricky Gervais. I think most people do.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2022 3:11 AM

The totally normal saga of the human entity at R26 is several years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2022 4:27 AM

^ I meant R62

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2022 4:28 AM

[quote]GOOD! About time. The rain of terror has got to stop.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2022 5:04 AM

R62 twitter link is horrifying, except for the other tweets where you see TRAs coming after Owen Jones.

Troons. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2022 7:17 AM

What's Owen done to upset them? I thought he was Trans Ally Number 1?

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2022 7:29 AM

They're eating their own. Delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2022 7:34 AM

Who's OJ? Simpson? What does he have to do with trans ppl? What is this test?

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2022 9:30 AM

[quote]Ricky and Bill Maher are both old farts who think their cultural irrelevance actually means they're TOO BADASS!!!!! They're old and out of date. They hate who their fans are now and are mad the hip young people have moved on.

By "hip and young" do you mean all the entitled, confused, self obsessed Millennial and Gen Z cry babies? Do you mean non-binaries and translunatics like the freak at R62?

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2022 9:33 AM

Yes, I mean old people who are angry they aren't young anymore (like R79).

They hate the media portrait of younger people and assume (stupidly) that it's true.

So they rush to embrace cultural figures (like Maher and Gervais) who tell them, "it's not you. it's them. All the young people today are entitled and non-binary and cry!"

It's an updated version of what Henny Youngman and Dean Martin did in the late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2022 9:43 AM

Gen Z like "comedians" like Hannah Gadsby, who don't even really try to be funny. They just want to "share their truth" with everyone. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2022 11:10 AM

[quote]Who's OJ?

Owen Jones. The UK's biggest gay ally to The Trans, and from what it looks like, not immune to their wrath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2022 2:13 PM

It's so strange and unusual that younger people and older people find different things funny. The only problem is the older people refuse to admit they're old and rage against the young people for being young.

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2022 2:38 PM

We olds rage against the young for being annoying.

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2022 3:08 PM

Well if the olds stuck to pointing out how the young were annoying, that would be fine.

The problem is that the olds are fucking drama queens and have convinced themselves that the young are MAOISTS or the TRANSTAPO!!! or are WOKE NAZIS or something.

When really, they don't find old-school ethnic humor funny. It's fine to keep making those jokes, but you're gonna be looked at as corny and stupid and old and out of it.

If Gervais and Maher weren't such egomaniacs, they'd realize something like that.

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2022 3:51 PM

Who is someone young and funny? I’m trying to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2022 4:57 PM

Bo Burnham comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2022 5:40 PM

Again, who are the younger comedians that the younger generation is following who have the broad cultural relevance of the "old" comedians?

Who can draw large audiences to their performances?

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2022 11:43 PM

Maybe the younger generation doesn't like comedians?

Maybe the "old" comedians don't have broad culture relevance because them and their audience is very old?

And that situation is filling them with rage?

Also - Bo Burnham. John Mulaney. Ali Wong. Marcella Aguello.

Google is your friend, you crotchety old fuck.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2022 12:32 AM

R89 the younger generation doesn't like comedians? That's odd. That's like saying a generation of people doesn't like music.

More likely, they don't like the woke comedians their generation has produced.

Never heard of Wong or Aguello.

Mulaney is known thanks to the elderly Lorne Michaels who hired him as a young guy.

But why so bitter for a young man, R89?

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2022 12:41 AM

R89 and Mulaney likes and respects Dave Chappelle. Had him as an opener for a recent standup appearance.

Obviously, the TRAs didn't like it but Mulaney didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote]Maybe the younger generation doesn't like comedians?

That actually might make sense given how humourless and bitter R89 is.

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2022 12:50 AM

Humorless & bitter, what a hell of a way to live!

Funny how many of the lots of truly oppressed group produce great comics. AA's(Eddie Murphy, Pryor, Chapelle, Wanda Sykes to name a tiny number of the may), Jews endless list. gays(Wanda Sykes, Ellen, Lynde, Graham Chapman to name just a few). Maybe if you only think you are oppressed but are really self-important entitle twat you become that bitter & humorless person.

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote]Never heard of Wong or Aguello.

Maybe cause you're old and out of it?

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2022 10:53 AM

[quote]Maybe if you only think you are oppressed but are really self-important entitle twat you become that bitter & humorless person.

Like Jim Brewer? And Dennis Miller? And Bubba the Love Sponge? And every Morning Zoo radio host? And Andrew Dice Clay?

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2022 1:15 PM

I love Ricky. He’s my spirit animal.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2022 1:17 PM

Your spirit animal is a pudgy, smug middle-aged man?

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2022 1:18 PM

^If they are funny so what. Rodney Dangerfield rode that oppressed husband /person getting no respect into comedy gold. He was hysterical. It's just got to funny.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2022 1:19 PM

Rodney was never a smirking, condescending asshole.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2022 1:25 PM

Yes, R97. It is.

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2022 1:26 PM

Like The Truly Great Duke(Ellington) once said about music, "when it sounds good it is good." Same thing for comedy. When I laugh its funny. I'm a comedy whore. I love to laugh, seek out a good laugh everyday. And it is so varied. Love Ricky, Andrew Dice Clay, among a vast myriad of others. Always seeking out new comics, comic series, shows. What's better than a laugh?

Maybe try it. It makes my face feel so soft, my belly so good.

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2022 1:35 PM

I love to laugh. I find a lot of things funny. Ricky Gervais isn't one of them. He's always been a puffed-up, self-important asshole to me.

Go watch "The invention of lying" and tell me how funny you think he is.

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2022 1:39 PM

^Different strokes for different folks. You don't have to find Ricky funny. I do. I won't tell you who to laugh at. Your nattering at me, won't change what I laugh at. Although if you get nanny enough I will probably laugh at you. That would be nice ,could use another laugh today, so feel free.

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2022 1:46 PM

"get nanny enough"?

You English people are weird.

by Anonymousreply 104June 9, 2022 1:52 PM

R81 I want to like Bo Burnham but he always seems preachy to me.

by Anonymousreply 105June 9, 2022 2:08 PM

He nailed Joe Rogan pretty brutally. And Ricky, frankly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 9, 2022 2:25 PM

[quote]Go watch "The invention of lying" and tell me how funny you think he is.

It's about his standup.

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Gervais is obviously in love with himself and the idea that he’s an iconoclast — people like that often aren’t wrong but you want to see them bitten in half by a tyrannosaur anyway.

by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2022 5:09 PM

And of course The Office & Extras weren't funny at all, not ever, ever!!

by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2022 5:27 PM

The Office, which is just ok, was made in collaboration with Stephen Marchant. It's that sort of English "wince-humor" that they seem to love and I think is boring. And "Extras" was cruel and sour.

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2022 5:37 PM

'David Brent: Life on the Road' is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2022 11:19 PM

R104 you seem like an uncultured rube.

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2022 11:25 PM

You English people mistake your slang for "culture."

You may not know this - but the Empire is gone and you're a third-rate cultural, economic and military power now.

by Anonymousreply 113June 10, 2022 11:01 AM

He was good on the show Extras besides that he’s just DUMPY AVERAGE UNFUNNY

by Anonymousreply 114June 10, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote] And of course The Office & Extras weren't funny at all, not ever, ever!!

Thank you, Captain False Opposition.

by Anonymousreply 115June 10, 2022 1:00 PM

That’s not fair r113 — surely second rate.

by Anonymousreply 116June 10, 2022 1:03 PM

^Love the posters on here who think they can force people to find Gervais unfunny. . Have they not noticed that you can't legislate laughter? People laugh when they find something funny.

My greatest regret will be when msaks go away completely. We have a really bizarre, creepy trans who works in our local supermarket who of course wants everyone to: "Notice Me, Pay Attention to Me" It's/they machinations always make me laugh. At least the mask hides my laughing.

by Anonymousreply 117June 10, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote]Have they not noticed that you can't legislate laughter?

They don't necessarily want to legislate laughter, they "just" want there to be consequences for laughing at stuff they deem problematic. Like public shaming, cancellation, ostracisation, deplatforming etc.

Look at how close-knit religious communities deal with transgressors and you'll understand the mechanism at work here. It's all just repackaged religion for the woke era.

by Anonymousreply 118June 10, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]Have they not noticed that you can't legislate laughter?

No one's seeking to do that, dear. The Klan Grannies on the DL seem to confuse disagreement with MAOIST THOUGHT CONTROL!!!!

You're a bunch of drama queens with bottomless self-pity.

by Anonymousreply 119June 10, 2022 2:01 PM

[quote]they "just" want there to be consequences for laughing at stuff they deem problematic.

See, the thing about "Free Speech" is that everyone has it. You're free to love comedians who mock trans people, handicapped people, black people. Any kind of people.

Some of us are free to think (and say!) that that is shitty and you're a shitty person for doing so and maybe think about that.

by Anonymousreply 120June 10, 2022 2:52 PM

Ricky Gervais as David Brent makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 121June 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 122June 10, 2022 4:46 PM

[quote]comedians who mock trans people

Still not clear how Gervais mocked trans people in this special when all he did was quote their literal words and their putdowns of 'cis' people. That's was it.

by Anonymousreply 123June 10, 2022 10:05 PM

R113 oh I'm not English, I just think your post was very similar to the posts of twelve year olds on Twitter who tweet "Bri'ish" whenever a British person says anything that is using terms or words they don't recognize easily in context. They seem like children because they are. You seem like a child, too. If you aren't a child, you're just uncultured and foolish.

by Anonymousreply 124June 10, 2022 10:17 PM

R122 seems bitter.

by Anonymousreply 125June 10, 2022 10:18 PM

R119 = spoken like a he/they

by Anonymousreply 126June 10, 2022 10:19 PM

R120 maybe, instead, you should think about why the words were funny to a great deal of people. They're funny because they highlight the ridiculous nature of the situation. Sensitive people, who know that laughter undermines the seriousness with which they say "some women have penises", will be angry because it shows them for what they are - manipulative and foolish.

If your claims and argument can't withstand a few jokes, perhaps you should think about why.

by Anonymousreply 127June 10, 2022 10:21 PM

Yes, Amos and Andy were hilarious! It's only sensitive people who can't take a joke that ended their glorious career.

by Anonymousreply 128June 13, 2022 10:01 AM

Hahahahahaha. Omg. Hahahahahahahaha. Wow.

Hahahahahaahaha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2022 2:21 PM

R128 Don't equate trans with race. They are completely unrelated.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2022 8:53 PM

I've noticed that tactic being used a lot lately.

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2022 9:45 PM

Humor catering to the prejudices of an older generation being swept away by younger people seems on point to me.

by Anonymousreply 132June 14, 2022 9:13 AM

It's not the same thing, r132. This would be like if much of the younger generation all suddenly became Hare Krishnas, and were making fun of the older generation for being "squares". This isn't a normal societal change brought about by some future utopia we are all moving towards. It's an actual harmful and regressive movement that is reinforcing gender stereotypes and converting gay and lesbian children into "trans".

So no, your attempt to make it an "old out-of-touch generation versus younger cool generation" doesn't hold up.

by Anonymousreply 133June 14, 2022 3:14 PM

Your charge of "converting gay and lesbian children into 'trans'" is paranoid fantasy that makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 134June 14, 2022 4:02 PM

R134. Your naïveté makes 'me' sad.

by Anonymousreply 135June 14, 2022 4:08 PM

You're not capable of emotions - you're a stupid fucking troll who feels nothing and lives to stir shit in order to fill the empty hole in your soul.

by Anonymousreply 136June 14, 2022 4:13 PM

"I can't defend my beliefs so I will attack people and say they're evil"

by Anonymousreply 137June 14, 2022 4:26 PM

Of course I can "defend" my beliefs. When the attack is made-up hysterical nonsense, I don't feel the need to marshal facts.

by Anonymousreply 138June 14, 2022 4:36 PM

The right wing anti-trans troll is evil though. I’m exhausted having to explain this over and over. Evil never wins.

by Anonymousreply 139June 14, 2022 4:37 PM

Of course evil can win. The arc of the moral universe doesn't bend towards justice if people don't force it to.

by Anonymousreply 140June 14, 2022 4:39 PM

R139 there may be a right wing "anti-trans" troll here, but many of us are lifelong Democrats and are not in any way right wing. We just don't agree with performing medical experiments on children to satisfy the narcissism of their parents, and autogynephilic men taking women's hard-won spaces away from them.

But I realize it makes it easier to keep your simplistic worldview black and white when you label things as bluntly as "evil" (aka anyone who disagrees with me) and "not evil" (everyone who shares my opinions).

by Anonymousreply 141June 14, 2022 4:42 PM

If it makes me laugh, it's funny. Judge me, which will BRW, make me laugh even more. Thank God that where I live lots of folks still wearing masks, my laughing is hidden most of the time. The occasional deep laugh I disguise with a cough. Then a quick back turn like I don't want any germs to hit the Self righteous funny men expostulating about racisst, evil humor of evil old people who need to die ASAP! Maybe they just need to get laid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 14, 2022 4:58 PM

R142 sounds sane!

by Anonymousreply 143June 14, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] [R139] there may be a right wing "anti-trans" troll here, but many of us are lifelong Democrats and are not in any way right wing.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 144June 14, 2022 5:08 PM

Keep em; coming R143. You made me laugh again!! More please!

by Anonymousreply 145June 14, 2022 5:12 PM

[QUOTE]I’m exhausted having to explain this over and over.

Trans exhaustion strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 146June 14, 2022 5:18 PM

R141 - sorry but the use of the word "autogynephilic" is a red flag. Normal people don't use that word. It's pretty much reserved for the parlance of the loony anti-trans haters like Andrew Sullivan - another right-wing gay who insists he's no right-winger but JUST THINKS MEDICAL EXPERIMENTS ON CHILDREN ARE WRONG!!! (even though that's not what this is).

R142 - you think you're Anna Madrigal, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 147June 14, 2022 6:00 PM

R147 everything is a red flag when you are desperately trying to avoid anyone looking deeper at your arguments, or lack thereof, around gender ideology. It's just another way to shut down discussion.

Autogynephilia is a well-documebted paraphilia, and it's quite apparent that the majority of the M2F trans are now people with autogynephila. Scan through any trans space on Reddit and you'll find copious examples of people experiencing "gender euphoria" where they are sexually aroused at being perceived as the opposite gender. They are the ones who have taken over the movement from the people with gender dysphoria.

Sorry you can't handle facts.

by Anonymousreply 148June 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Yes, who among us doesn't go to "trans space[s] on Reddit" to garner facts?

What is "gender ideology"?

Do normal people really use the word "paraphilia" who aren't Magnus Hirschfeld?

by Anonymousreply 149June 14, 2022 6:08 PM

R149 your lack of education and curiosity is noted.

by Anonymousreply 150June 14, 2022 6:25 PM

Who is Magnus Hirschfeld, R150? Please summarize his career. You're the educated one and not me.

by Anonymousreply 151June 14, 2022 6:34 PM

Sure, right after you tell me who John Money is.

See the other thread where I'm arguing with you if you really want a definition of gender ideology, since you seem to be pretending to be clueless.

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2022 6:46 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to get something out of your anti-trans people that isn't total mania. So far, no luck.

by Anonymousreply 153June 14, 2022 6:51 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to get something out of trans rights activists that isn't hyperbole, lying, or bullying attacks. So far, no luck.

by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2022 6:55 PM

I guess "what is gender ideology?" is a bullying attack to you. Poor thing. You must be quite delicate.

by Anonymousreply 155June 14, 2022 6:56 PM

r155 I defined it in the other thread - you are pointedly ignoring that, because you were not asking the question genuinely. But keep pretending that you're clever.

by Anonymousreply 156June 14, 2022 7:00 PM

Sure you did, dear. May I suggest some mint tea and a nice nap.

by Anonymousreply 157June 14, 2022 7:02 PM

r157 Do you want me to cut and paste it for you? I can, if you are unable to look yourself. I'm happy to help you become less ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 158June 14, 2022 7:07 PM

The thing is that there's little guarantee that your response won't be loony. So I guess I'll die wondering.

by Anonymousreply 159June 14, 2022 7:50 PM

One can only hope that's soon, r159!

by Anonymousreply 160June 14, 2022 7:55 PM

Awww I'll cry myself to sleep knowing the crazy anti-trans lunatic who has pornographic fantasies about men in dresses in women's showers doesn't like me.

by Anonymousreply 161June 14, 2022 7:56 PM

A man can never be a woman.

A woman can never be a man.

A man can wear a dress and makeup and pretend to have cramps.

A woman can lower her voice, wear a suit, try to be taken seriously (some things never change).

by Anonymousreply 162June 14, 2022 8:00 PM

It's nice that you think that.

Just know that, 30 years ago, some of the same people were saying:

A man who has sex with a man isn't a real man.

A woman who sex with a woman isn't a real woman.

So congratulations!

by Anonymousreply 163June 14, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]A man who has sex with a man isn't a real man.

People with same-sex attraction in no way limit or usurp the rights of other protected groups.

by Anonymousreply 164June 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Wow all this Pro The Trans/ Anti The Trans.. & Ricky is still funny to me. How soon till I get that knock on the door from the laugh Gestapo with that order: no laughing, no talking & no showing your teeth(my grans. mantra for when we went to church). Again I'm grateful masks are still popular where I live, so I can laugh in public at the stuff I see & no one even knows..

by Anonymousreply 165June 14, 2022 8:52 PM

Trans people don't limit or usurp your rights either.

But anti-gay activists certainly thought gay acceptance would limit their rights.

by Anonymousreply 166June 14, 2022 8:52 PM

Again with the Gestapo. You boomer fucks are so dramatic. No ones coming for you because you like Ricky Gervais.

Liking Ricky Gervais doesn't make you special or interesting or daring or rebellious.

Frankly, it denotes a certain cranky old age.

But whatever. A billion dollar corporation is piping it into your home and you think you're fucking Freedom Riders.

by Anonymousreply 167June 14, 2022 8:54 PM

R 167 More please you make me laugh so hard

by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2022 8:56 PM

You don't!

by Anonymousreply 169June 14, 2022 8:57 PM

^Cave Man here, ah back in the day we had some great jokes. This one used crack them up around the fire. What did the brontosaurus say to the triceratops?

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2022 9:04 PM

[quote]Trans people don't limit or usurp your rights either.

Apparently women's rights include the right to be raped in prison by a male who's sent to women's prison because of 'gender identity'.

by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2022 11:34 PM

Radical Trans Activists (as opposed to regular trans people who just want to live life in peace) are hellbent on dictating our speech to the nth degree, and claim any infraction leads to mass suicide. They are finger-wagging, lip-puckering prisspots on the hunt to be victimized.

The gay and lesbian movement was about love. Allow us to love who we want. Love is love.

It's hard to fight against love.

It's harder to swallow the trans movement of relentless speech-policing, double-speak, ritual shaming, and strong-arming society to believe things that go against common logic like "men have vaginas" and "men can give birth." The tactics are backfiring, majorly.

by Anonymousreply 172June 15, 2022 2:56 AM

You do realize that Radical AIDS Activists (as opposed to regular gay people who just wanted to live in peace) were hellbent on dictating our speech to the Nth degree. "People with AIDS" vs "AIDS victims." Staging kiss-ins. Interrupting mass at St Patricks! Straight people will hate us!! The Dems will lose in November!

by Anonymousreply 173June 15, 2022 11:01 AM

R172 that's because it's a cult. It has all the signifiers of one. You can also see in r173's post where he seems to be speaking in tongues with his latest Whataboutism.

by Anonymousreply 174June 15, 2022 12:56 PM

Without the ‘radical activists’ , we’d still be marginalized. You owe them a big thank you, r173, not internalized homophobia. Get some therapy.

by Anonymousreply 175June 15, 2022 1:25 PM

R173 - So it sounds like you are indeed equating being trans with sickness and illness. Am I interpreting that correctly?

Because AIDS was an illness than physically deteriorated and killed people. People weren't willingly going out saying, "Give me AIDS! I want to be an person with AIDS! Doctors, inject me with AIDS!"

by Anonymousreply 176June 15, 2022 1:25 PM

It's R172 who fanned herself and decried "radical activists" who annoy people and tell them how to talk and offend middle-class sensibilities.

Well, it's maybe worth pointing out that AIDS activists, too, annoyed people and told them how to talk and offended middle-class sensibilities and strong-armed opponents and shouted people down and were generally pains in the ass.

You may say "well this is different. I agree with AIDS activism and I don't agree with trans activism!" Fine, I suppose, but just know that the tactics aren't new. And all activists are like this.

by Anonymousreply 177June 15, 2022 1:58 PM

Inconveniencing somebody's sensibility isn't the issue. That's up to free speech.

The yardstick should be: Does your radical activism lead to infringement of the rights of other protected classes?

by Anonymousreply 178June 15, 2022 2:58 PM

There were a lot of people with diseases who weren't happy with AIDS activists grabbing all the headlines. They claimed research into Parkinsons, Alzheimers, breast cancer, etc all took a back seat to AIDS research because the activists were so loud and annoying and offensive to middle-class sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 179June 15, 2022 3:09 PM

Kathleen Madigan had some old bit where she discussed performing in a casino on a reservation. She said something like, "A tribal elder told me beforehand I was forbidden from making jokes about Native Americans.

"So I replied, 'Whatever you say, Geronimo.'"

by Anonymousreply 180June 15, 2022 3:16 PM

See, that's just hacky garbage. 80's "I hate my wife/chinese people can't drive" hacky shitty comedians.

But lucrative, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 181June 15, 2022 3:20 PM

All activists are loud, all want to be prioritized by the public agenda.

Only certain activists demand that other protected groups give up hard fought rights.

by Anonymousreply 182June 15, 2022 3:27 PM

I'm not sure which rights anyone has that were hard-fought-for that trans people want to take from someone?

Sort of reminds me of the anti-gay-marriage activists who claimed that the mere existence of gay marriage would take away their rights to a marriage unsullied by gayness.

by Anonymousreply 183June 15, 2022 3:40 PM

Sex-based rights, R183.

by Anonymousreply 184June 15, 2022 3:47 PM

The point is that the trans activists' approach is not working. Many liberals behind the scenes are quietly whispering about they're finding it harder to support them. They need to focus less on finger-wagging and language policing, and on integrating into society. Parading around with chest scars doesn't help. Declaring a man getting pregnant must be "normalized" wins over few people. Stamping one's foot and saying a family member who accidentally misgenders you is "violence" convinces no one.

by Anonymousreply 185June 15, 2022 5:38 PM

[quote]I'm not sure which rights anyone has that were hard-fought-for that trans people want to take from someone?

Women's sport.

Laurel Hubbard was born in 1978.

Women's weightlifting was FINALLY introduced as an Olympic event in 2000.

The 2000 gold medalist was born in 1979.

The 2004 gold medalist was born in 1979.

The 2008 gold medalist was born in 1983.

The 2012 gold medalist was born in 1988.

The 2016 gold medalist was born in 1989.

The 2020 gold medalist was born in 2000.

Hubbard, in her 40s, was competing against women in their 20s, and denied a female weightlifter the chance to compete at the Olympics.

No one had an issue with Quinn winning Gold in the women's football competition because Quinn is a female. No one had an issue with the trans non binary skateboarder because the trans non binary skateboarder is female and competed against other females.

by Anonymousreply 186June 15, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote]The point is that the trans activists' approach is not working. Many liberals behind the scenes are quietly whispering about they're finding it harder to support them.

Said the same thing about AIDS activists in the early 90s.

[quote]They need to focus less on finger-wagging and language policing, and on integrating into society. Parading around with chest scars doesn't help.

Substitute "KS lesions" for chest scars and they said the same thing about ACT-UP.

[quote]Stamping one's foot and saying a family member who accidentally misgenders you is "violence" convinces no one.

Do people really do that? Did that happen to you? Or is it some Twitter bullshit you heard third-hand?

by Anonymousreply 187June 15, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote]Sort of reminds me of the anti-gay-marriage activists who claimed that the mere existence of gay marriage would take away their rights to a marriage unsullied by gayness.

And yet the fact is that gay marriage and protections against discrimination in no way restrict or impose on the same rights of anti-gay activists.

While radical trans activists lobby for and are relatively successful in imposing on the sex-based rights of women and gay people by seeking to replace the basis of these rights (biological sex) with a made-up, and by their own definition malleable, category of 'gender'.

by Anonymousreply 188June 15, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote]gay marriage and protections against discrimination in no way restrict or impose on the same rights of anti-gay activists.

Anti-gay marriage activists certainly didn't think so. There were laws on the books specifically banning it when Obergafell was issued. Coincidentally, some of the same states that are now targeting trans people.

I can't think of a single right i had three years ago that I don't have now that trans activists have taken from me.

Bathrooms? College sports? This is what I'm supposed to get so upset about?

by Anonymousreply 189June 15, 2022 9:45 PM

[quote]Anti-gay marriage activists certainly didn't think so.

That's politics and perception. I'm talking about fact - their rights were in no way infringed.

Obviously my point is that the direct comparison with gay history and anti-gay movements is specious.

by Anonymousreply 190June 16, 2022 12:06 AM

Maybe your rights aren't being infringed either. Maybe you're being as hysterical and blinkered as they were.

by Anonymousreply 191June 16, 2022 12:53 AM

I'm Erikke (formerly Erika), aged six. Mommy tells me because I liked watching sports on television I am actually a boy in a girl's body! I'm just wearing boy clothes now but Mommy says I am in line for pooburty bwokers as soon as I am old enough! I have to do all this or Mommy says I may not be here any more!

I hope the stories I heard at the playground about decreased bone density and inability to orgasm aren't true, because while I don't know what those are, it sure seems like something a boy (me) would enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 192June 16, 2022 12:59 AM

[QUOTE]I can't think of a single right i had three years ago that I don't have now that trans activists have taken from me.

Try and form a support group for lesbians and gay men and see yourself branded as a 'hate group'. (Needless to say a support group only for trans is fine and dandy).

State biological reality that humans can not change their sex, and see if you lose your job or get investigated for a 'hate crime'

State that you don't want men in female changing rooms, rape crisis centres, women's sports etc and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 193June 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Why would I want to do ANY of those things? I’m not a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 194June 16, 2022 8:50 AM

What's bigoted about supporting lesbians and gay men?

by Anonymousreply 195June 16, 2022 9:53 AM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 196June 16, 2022 10:00 AM

Anybody who claims in 2022 to not know what rights trans activists have taken away or are trying to take away is lying.

Men allowed into women's prisons, changing rooms, restrooms, showers, domestic violence shelters, and rape crisis centers have spied on, recorded, and assaulted women there. They are protected by authorities rather than punished.

Men have taken women's athletic scholarships and medals. Curiously (if you're brain-dead and actually believe women and men's bodies are the same, with the same capabilities), no women have competed on men's teams and trounced their competition or teammates. Gosh, why might that be?

Trans activists have completely rewritten the history of Stonewall into a fantasy about how transwomen were at the forefront and we owe all the rights we have today to them. It's complete bullshit, as is all their propaganda.

Trans activists have successfully gotten books banned because they honestly delve into the history of transgenderism and gender identity. With the usual claims about how verifiable truth is literal genocide.

I'm sure there are more, but my point is made. If somebody claims to have no idea about any of this, they are straight-up lying.

by Anonymousreply 197June 16, 2022 11:13 AM

Interesting UK survey as reported in the Guardian. Conclusions - people are tolerant but accept the existence of difficult areas. Gosh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 16, 2022 11:18 AM

I know about some of these things, but I don't see them in the apocalyptic terms you do.

And, frankly, if you're concerned about books being banned and women/children being abused, it's the Republican party and organized religion that you should fulminate against.

So maybe your hate-boner against trans people has nothing to do with all that and you just hate them?

by Anonymousreply 199June 16, 2022 11:21 AM

And Ricky is still funny to many, including me. He's making $$$$$ for himself & for Netflix. But, it's only old, corrupt, evil people who find him funny. And wait for it, you know it's coming. ANYONE who finds him funny is old, evil racissst, sexist & needs to die in a grease fire

by Anonymousreply 200June 16, 2022 12:31 PM

Nah. That's overstating things. It's more that his TWO-FISTED TRUTH-TELLING, STICK IT TO THE SNOWFLAKES persona is sort of dumb and transparently old-man-ish.

And that persona has appeal to other old people who mistake their aging for the end of civilization.

Because, interestingly, if civilization is ending, it's because of old people.

by Anonymousreply 201June 16, 2022 2:16 PM

The "Sure, Jan" troll is a trans rights activist. All he can do is shriek and gaslight and insult. Reality? What's that? He's never heard of it.

Just block his smarmy, obnoxious replies. You will be better off.

by Anonymousreply 202June 16, 2022 2:50 PM

^ He/She?It/ They/Them or Us is the best advert for why Trans is Coo-Coo for Coco Puffs! Couldn't play into the hands of those who will continue to use anti trans as a political club. What a great strategy Mr. Trans Rights Activist. Keep winning friends & getting people on your side by telling them what they are allowed to like, laugh at, enjoy. Works EVERYTIME. Ask Hillary how it got her in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 203June 16, 2022 3:00 PM

Sure but I think we can all agree Ricky Gervais sucks and is boring and terrible!

by Anonymousreply 204June 16, 2022 5:22 PM

I think we can agree that R204 can't read.

by Anonymousreply 205June 16, 2022 5:25 PM

TRA = MRA

by Anonymousreply 206June 16, 2022 5:28 PM

TRA = Incel

by Anonymousreply 207June 16, 2022 5:30 PM

The survey featured in The Guardian article "Forget toxic Twitter debates: the UK isn’t as divided on trans rights as you think" tries to blame TERFs for the hate speech but responsibilty for the public discourse in Britain comes from Stonewall and trans supporting politicians, like Nicola Sturgeon.

Stonewall have insisted on NO DEBATE for years. insisting TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS and TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN no matter what.

Their lesbian chief executive LITERALLY COMPARED GAY PEOPLE TO RACISTS for not wanting to sleep with someone of the opposite sex.

As the report shows, there is an significant increase in the support for trans women using female spaces when they've had their penis turned into a neo vagina but that in sporting competitions having once had a penis is still an issue.

Instead of focusing on compromises and solutions to obvious conflicts - i.e. how sex offenders have their crimes recorded, what criteria a trans woman has to meet before being transferred to a women's prison, agreement on inclusive terms in healthcare that don't erase the word women, Stonewall have pushed organisations to embrace their ideology without question, refused to debate any challengers and smeared those (black lesbians in particular) who disagree with them.

by Anonymousreply 208June 16, 2022 5:34 PM

[quote]Their lesbian chief executive LITERALLY COMPARED GAY PEOPLE TO RACISTS for not wanting to sleep with someone of the opposite sex.

She did? That's...probably not true.

Switch to decaf, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 209June 16, 2022 6:01 PM

The closest I could find is that she compared anti-trans views with antisemitic views.

People may disagree with that, but it is not LITERALLY COMPARING GAY PEOPLE TO RACISTS FOR NOT WANTING TO SLEEP WITH SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX.

by Anonymousreply 210June 16, 2022 6:11 PM

[quote]Anybody who claims in 2022 to not know what rights trans activists have taken away or are trying to take away is lying.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] Men allowed into women's prisons, changing rooms, restrooms, showers, domestic violence shelters, and rape crisis centers have spied on, recorded, and assaulted women there. They are protected by authorities rather than punished.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] Men have taken women's athletic scholarships and medals.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] Trans activists have completely rewritten the history of Stonewall into a fantasy about how transwomen were at the forefront and we owe all the rights we have today to them. It's complete bullshit, as is all their propaganda.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] Trans activists have successfully gotten books banned because they honestly delve into the history of transgenderism and gender identity. With the usual claims about how verifiable truth is literal genocide.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] I'm sure there are more, but my point is made. If somebody claims to have no idea about any of this, they are straight-up lying.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 16, 2022 6:12 PM

[quote]The closest I could find is that she compared anti-trans views with antisemitic views. People may disagree with that, but it is not LITERALLY COMPARING GAY PEOPLE TO RACISTS FOR NOT WANTING TO SLEEP WITH SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX.

These were Nancy Kelley's words

[quote]“If you find that when dating, you are writing off entire groups of people, like people of colour, fat people, disabled people or trans people, then it’s worth considering how societal prejudices may have shaped your attractions.”

She is comparing gay men who "write off" female dating/sexual partners to racists. She is comparing lesbians who don't want to suck a cock to racists.

by Anonymousreply 212June 16, 2022 6:35 PM

What’s wrong with that? If you ARE shutting yourself off to whole segments of people then maybe YOU are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 213June 16, 2022 6:39 PM

[quote]how societal prejudices may have shaped your attractions

It's simply not possible that your attractions are based on biology!

You cannot state that you aren't attracted to anyone and everyone under the sun!

by Anonymousreply 214June 16, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]If you ARE shutting yourself off to whole segments of people then maybe YOU are the problem.

Haven't gays and lesbians have heard this one before?

by Anonymousreply 215June 16, 2022 6:44 PM

R214 would rather blow Donald Trump, cause he's white, than Idirs Elba, cause he's black.

by Anonymousreply 216June 16, 2022 6:48 PM

R216 hasn't met a goalpost he/she/zir didn't want to move!

by Anonymousreply 217June 16, 2022 6:50 PM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 218June 16, 2022 6:52 PM

That someone would even posit a choice between Donald Trump and Idris Elba is by itself a sign of mental health problem.

by Anonymousreply 219June 16, 2022 6:54 PM

Sure, Jan. Mental health problem. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 220June 16, 2022 6:55 PM

It's the same old bullshit arguments from the trans-haters.

Their objections are weak tea, vastly overblown or just flat-out lies.

They say that trans people are some kind of KHMER ROUGE online but, maybe walk down the street with a trans person and see who really has the power in this society and who is really scary.

It ain't trans people.

by Anonymousreply 221June 16, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote]Sure, Jan. Mental health problem. 🙄

Mental or troll.

No other options.

by Anonymousreply 222June 16, 2022 6:59 PM

[quote]That someone would even posit a choice between Donald Trump and Idris Elba is by itself a sign of mental health problem.

Idk - the "i am not attracted to black people! It's just a preference!" people are basically saying the hottest black man is less than the most repulsive white man.

by Anonymousreply 223June 16, 2022 7:03 PM

R223 = incel

by Anonymousreply 224June 16, 2022 7:10 PM

Oh? What makes you say that?

by Anonymousreply 225June 16, 2022 7:43 PM

TRA = Homophobe as evidenced in the comments here from our tranny poster.

by Anonymousreply 226June 16, 2022 11:12 PM

[QUOTE]People may disagree with that, but it is not LITERALLY COMPARING GAY PEOPLE TO RACISTS FOR NOT WANTING TO SLEEP WITH SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX.

Ooooh! Scary CAPS LOCK!

How come then, any criticism or questions of trans ideology is branded LITERAL VIOLENCE by TRAs? Do you not see the hypocrisy? Or is your brain too EXHAUSTED from having so much cognitive dissonance going on?

by Anonymousreply 227June 17, 2022 10:02 AM

It’s branded violence because it IS violence. Duh. I’m exhausted having to educate you over and over again. Go pick up a gender ideology book if you’re so ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 228June 17, 2022 3:50 PM

The very talented Alexandra Billings at the lnstagram link on the subject of trans "violence" and the comparison with race.

She equates accidentally misgendering someone with purposefully calling someone the n-word. Utter nonsense.

She uses herself as an example, but the inference is clear she means any person who uses pronouns that may not be immediately known by the viewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 17, 2022 7:34 PM

Alexandra then goes on to shame a young trans person who dares to disagrees.

[quote] amazonangel1992 - Although this is a brilliant explanation I have to respectfully disagree Alexandra. Here’s why. I am just starting my transition publicly and only came out to my family a year ago I’m 29 years old for my mom and dad it’s still hard for Them to grasp the concept of changing pronouns. they mess up and sometimes don’t call me she and her like I prefer. my mom told me that I have to understand their point of you which is I’ve known me my entire life for 28 years as someone else I know I’m changing it’s going to be a difficult process a lot of us unfortunately and realistically Carry attributes Of the opposite sex that we are presenting. somehow I find it normal although some people might not find it acceptable to have human error sometimes there’s no malice behind it. I personally know how to move on from it and not let it affect my mental health other day because I would definitely be in the pits If I did. I know everybody’s different but I don’t expect that long reaction or accountability my pronouns unless they are doing it with malice. just my thought.

Alexandra's response:

[quote] therealalexandrabillings -Verified -@amazonangel1992 Angel. Everyone has a different experience with gender. I would never debate you publicly about your own feelings. And I do not know your parents so I would never attempt to form any public opinions attacking their character. This isn’t about being a good or a bad person. Violence is violence. What you are doing is normalizing it. It doesn’t mean it isn’t violence. It only means you have internalized it and are pretending it isn’t happening. Please be mindful of others and their experiences. Do not trivialize the seriousness of being misgendered by saying simply because you don’t feel that way, it isn’t violent. That negates most every trans person‘s experience with their own gender identity and the judgments we have faced for generations. I have been in the life for 40 years now, my experience is quite different than yours. I only ask that you are kinder to your Trans family by honoring the facts of what we endure. Everyone’s experience matters.But violence is violence, the intention behind it has nothing to do with anything.

by Anonymousreply 230June 17, 2022 7:41 PM

^ "disagree"

by Anonymousreply 231June 17, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote]Everyone has a different experience with gender.

The navel-gazing is out of this world.

Everyone has a different experience with EVERYTHING -- it's related to consciousness (well, the hard problem of consciousness, to quote David Chalmers) and the problem of other minds.

However, your own first-person experience remains, by nature, private and inaccessible. No one really cares how your view yourself, except yourself.

by Anonymousreply 232June 18, 2022 10:50 AM

Unlike gays and lesbians, trannies will never be normalized.

by Anonymousreply 233June 18, 2022 3:53 PM

This is what is known as "institutional capture"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 18, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote] there may be a right wing "anti-trans" troll here, but many of us are lifelong Democrats and are not in any way right wing. We just don't agree with performing medical experiments on children to satisfy the narcissism of their parents, and autogynephilic men taking women's hard-won spaces away from them

And we’re speaking up more and more. When trans-radicals start insisting that ‘gender identity’ is the determining factor, and that ‘homosexuality doesn’t exist,’ therefore, gay men who don’t like vagina are ‘bigots,’ than that’s the beginning of the end of this ‘alliance.’

Ironic that people who are obsessed with others ‘affirming’ their identity are so casual about erasing my identity! Fuck that. Gay men know what we like, and we wont be forced.

by Anonymousreply 235June 18, 2022 6:33 PM

That Alexandria person at r230 - "in the life for forty years" like she's a carny or something. (although...)

And then she tells the person not to dismiss others' experiences, while dismissing the person she's admonishing's experience.

r232 yeah that's why it's so bizarre that nonbinaries etc. insist there's "no one way to be nonbinary" and it's so subjective it cannot be accurately described, like a Heisenberg particle - yet they want this very undefinable thing used in law and put on official documents.

by Anonymousreply 236June 18, 2022 7:52 PM

The Planned Parenthood link about changing language at R234 is curious. I, of course, fully support the mission of Planned Parenthood, as a solid liberal who believes in a woman's right to choose.

From that Planned Parenthood's Twitter link:

[quote] NO: woman's decision; YES: patient's decision. NO: feminine hygiene; YES: menstrual health. NO: abortion is a woman's right; YES: abortion is a human right.

[quote] Using gender-neutral language when talking about abortion is critical to prevent the erasure of trans and nonbinary people — who already face disproportionate barriers to health care access.

I smell double-speak. We must embrace all kinds of people who face struggle. Yet, isn't this attempt to not "erase" trans and nonbinary people counter-productively erasing women?

Isn't this indeed taking away what has been one of the tentpole struggles of women in the last century by actively not say "women"?

Why are we being now asked to actively "see color" while being asked to "un-see gender"?

Am I even allowed to ask or ponder any of this because I am a man and not trans?

(I cannot ask any of this out loud in the live world, lest I be dubbed a TERF.)

by Anonymousreply 237June 18, 2022 10:09 PM

I supported PP for a long time. Then I read up on Margaret Sanger & the Mission of PP. Then that tape of the PP bitch bragging how much she can get for dead fetus part. No more PP for me.

by Anonymousreply 238June 18, 2022 10:30 PM

[quote]I supported PP for a long time.

Sure Jan r238

by Anonymousreply 239June 18, 2022 10:31 PM

[quote]I cannot ask any of this out loud in the live world

Oh please, you could get a show on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2022 9:48 PM

Ahh, so sad for Lia..see other thread on FINA decision. All us bad, Natasha.Boris, Chung King bots posting here, we made this happen, evil us. Shame on us!!

by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2022 9:51 PM

You'd think it would stop you kooks from acting like you're these poor, brave, besieged rebels, but nothing will stop you idiots from feeling sorry for yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2022 9:55 PM

What happened with Lia??

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2022 1:31 AM

Real transitioning. MTF Getting the chop, getting the fake vagina, fake tits, taking hormones for the rest of your lives .Sorry if you have the dick you were born with, you're not trans , you're just cosplaying & doing drag without getting paid . FTM getting rid of your vagina getting a fake dick, taking hormones for the rest of your lives. If you still have your tits & the vagina you were born with , same deal you're just cosplaying & doing drag without getting paid.

The great thing about people who have fully transitioned, they will not be able to reproduce. So whatever their psychopathology , if it is in a way genetic, it won't get passed on.

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2022 2:33 AM

(Meant to post this in this thread.)

Transman Schuylar Bailar was just trying to enjoy Portland Pride, y'all.

But then FINA sent their release and his pussy is getting TIGHT about it. It's so "othering" he snits.

But y'are, Schuylar! Y'are! Own it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2022 2:48 AM

Could it be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 21, 2022 5:26 AM

Schuylar. Get a stylist & better drugs. That pressured, super fast speech, something is wrong. Meds. need to be evaluated ASAP., Schuylar is overweight & could have cardiac episode, stroke if meds are not right, especiallyif combined with play drugs.

by Anonymousreply 247June 21, 2022 1:25 PM

Humans are not clownfish. Truth. And the song is a BOP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 23, 2022 3:18 AM

LGB pushed out the N*M*L* crowd, yet T seem to embrace and try to rebrand them as MAPS. We need to run, not walk, away from this. Preying on kids while hiding behind OUR community? HELL no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 24, 2022 4:39 PM

It is sometimes hard to believe things have gone this far

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 28, 2022 9:15 PM

R249 is posting in Madlibs today.

Also, don't call any community "Our" community. You're not a member of any community.

Except maybe the community of crazy fucking bigots.

by Anonymousreply 251June 28, 2022 9:18 PM

TERF! Whore! Indeed, Ricky. I don't recognize this Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 28, 2022 9:42 PM

Smell r251, who thinks she speaks for all GLB people.

by Anonymousreply 253June 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Ricky Gervais's special Supernature smashes streaming records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 29, 2022 5:26 AM

So you're saying that watching a boring old hack do his comedy shit ISN'T an act of badass rebellion? That hating on trans people is actually super popular and that trans people are a hated minority?

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 255June 29, 2022 9:58 AM

R255, I would like to know what the difference is between a cis woman with all the features of a trans man (androgynous face, muscular, finger patterns consistent with natal testosterone exposure, symptoms of female autism) and an actual trans man. The only difference is self-identity, I believe, but it’s a huge difference. The TERFs are in many cases biologically identical to the trans-identifying people; it’s just that we care a lot about not medicalizing our condition and allowing kids to go through puberty and grow up exactly as they are. It’s ok for there to be some variety in how women dress and act without it becoming really popular to say they aren’t really women. And yes, TERFs can have some mental health problems too, because the androgens that cause autism in the womb also cause us to have the least chance of any demographic of being economically successful. The trans men I know usually have some history of being belittled by men or comparing themselves unfavorably to men. So there can be a lot of trauma there. Anyway, if you’re a trans man, consider talking to a TERF. You might find that outside of identity politics you’re very similar people.

by Anonymousreply 256June 29, 2022 10:46 AM

You seem....nuts.

by Anonymousreply 257June 29, 2022 10:50 AM

R257, do you think people just get suicidal as kids because no one thinks they’re nuts? You aren’t the first person in my life who has said that. But if you’re saying that because I’m criticizing the trans-medicalization movement, maybe you should reconsider to what extent your own movement commits virtual-verbal violence. Embrace medicalization? We love and support you. Androgynous but don’t support medicalization? You’re a piece of shit, nuts, deserve to die, how dare you speak, woman, etc.

by Anonymousreply 258June 29, 2022 12:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 29, 2022 12:46 PM

No, R258, I think you're nuts because your bottomless self-pity leads you to paint yourself as a victim.

Sorry, but either Gervais is a super-popular standup and millions of people are tuning into his special, or trans-haters are a scrappy, besieged minority, bravely questioning the status quo.

It can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 260June 29, 2022 1:56 PM

R255 Gervais did no "hating on trans people" in his show.

by Anonymousreply 261June 29, 2022 2:52 PM

As usual, trans have to make everything about them.

The few minutes during his show where Gervais mentions trans/pronouns become the entire reason anyone watches it, otherwise no one would watch the "boring old hack".

Please spare us. Their narcissism knows no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 262June 29, 2022 2:57 PM

Unlike the gentle, well-adjusted world view of the DL trans loons who fulminate pornographically about MEN IN THE LADIES ROOM and CHOPPING OFF BREASTS and whatnot.

The only reason his boring trash is being paid attention to is that he's hating on trans people. Because he's such a BADASS!!!

Fucking shitty old people need to drop dead already.

by Anonymousreply 263June 29, 2022 2:59 PM

R256 is asking what's the difference between XX and XY, and then self-answers that the difference is only 'identity'.

This is the type of 'alternative facts' we're dealing with in the post-fact world of various ideologies.

by Anonymousreply 264June 29, 2022 3:05 PM

R264 yet you're the sane one, who camps on these threads, barfing up as many insults and logical fallacies as your little brain can think up, hiding behind that when your gradeschool attempts to outsmart others fall flat or you can't think of anything. You, who gets off on ageism, apparently, because that's somehow accepted by your "inclusiveness", while you froth at the mouth that a trans woman with a penis is not allowed to undress in front of women and girls.

And no, Gervais has been a popular comedian among other things for quite some time, the trans (and their fervent religious supporters like you) do not get to claim his fame and popularity is all about them.

Because if it is - why NOT start adding trans jokes to every standup act? If it's so easy to become a sensation and break all streaming records for comedy specials. After all, if the trans are that special and hating them is the only reason anyone does anything, why not?

Trans logic is not intelligent logic, nor is it actually logic. Much like trans themselves.

by Anonymousreply 265June 29, 2022 3:08 PM

^ directed at r263, not r264. Trans R-Numbers trying to be something they aren't again.

by Anonymousreply 266June 29, 2022 3:09 PM

Bone structure alone has marked differences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 29, 2022 3:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 29, 2022 3:14 PM

Sorry, I misread R256.

by Anonymousreply 269June 29, 2022 3:16 PM

R264, you misread my post. I am R256. My post was about the difference between an androgynous cis woman and a trans man (FTM) being a matter of identity politics; and also that radical feminism, which has always welcomed FTM, has many believers who are personally and physically very similar to trans men. So that even though the movements clash, they are actually members of the same minority group fighting each other. One wants trans-medicalization, and one wants the right to develop as what they were born as, even if they don’t grow up looking as an average person of their sex might look. In other words, TERFs identity as androgynous women, biological women with a freedom of action, dress and expression. They don’t think their differences from average mean they have to be singled out for medical treatment at puberty so that society can better fit them in a box.

by Anonymousreply 270June 29, 2022 3:29 PM

R270 except that the FTMs have opted out of their sex in order to pretend to be men, so it's no longer "their struggle" anymore. They are rejecting their entire sex, not embracing it. It's an insult to actual feminists (which the FTMs no longer are).

Feminist women will dress and look like whatever they want, including looking like a male stereotype, but they won't call themselves men, because they are not.

by Anonymousreply 271June 29, 2022 3:34 PM

R271, the only media allowed to criticize trans medicalization has been the right wing media, which not only believes biological women are women, but also wants to impose a religiously mandated strict gender role on all women. Kids these days don’t learn in school that gender roles are not the same thing as sex. Trans men think that when they’re criticized for being trans, that it’s because the person criticizing has a problem with them dressing, living or being the way they are. They think that the people telling them they are women actually want them to take on stereotypically female gender roles. They believe that sex and gender roles are the same thing. Mainstream media will not publish the feminist view point because even the words “biological sex” have been labeled as discriminatory speech. So please understand, there are plenty of people who support the right to perform whatever gender role you want while maintaining an intellectual awareness of your biological sex. So there are no limits on what gender role a man or woman can perform. If someone did a poll, I would still say I support transgender rights, mostly because I don’t support rigid gender roles being forced on women like the right-wingers who oppose the trans movement want to do. But that shouldn’t be the only choice. People shouldn’t have to be forced to choose between religious disempowerment and having kids denied the chance to go through puberty and subjected to unnecessary medicalization. And the left wing anti-trans medicalization movement- androgynous people against medicalization- has no voice partly because the people who feel this way are a minority that has direct experience. No left wing person who didn’t have direct personal experience with androgynous traits would have these views in the US, because having these views means fighting against a very strong current. No one will publish the views because mainstream science has decreed that gender is sex, making the views “unscientific”. I could go on and on about numerous ways hormones change over the course of life - the fact that testosterone peaks in women at 18 or 19 while estrogen peaks in the late 20s is probably responsible for the high numbers of “hasbiens” - college lesbians who went on to marry men. The estrogen-testosterone balance changes again around age 40. Calling children’s identification with gender roles a cause for switching sexes and surgery ignores that they were born EXACTLY the way that they were born, and that if they like things that aren’t average, it’s okay to like those things, while still being the way they were born.

by Anonymousreply 272June 29, 2022 3:59 PM

R272 it seems like there might be some interesting points in there but for god's sake, add a paragraph break every now and then!

There's a chart that explains the three different groups and what they think about women, which covers what you are saying (if I could locate it).

by Anonymousreply 273June 29, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]Trans logic is not intelligent logic

Does logic have degrees of intelligence?

[quote]After all, if the trans are that special and hating them is the only reason anyone does anything, why not?

That seems to be Netflix's business model.

by Anonymousreply 274June 29, 2022 6:22 PM

R274 Trans logic is not logic, much like trans women are not women, they are men.

Is it their business model, or just that out of everyone Gervais roasts in his show, the trans have no sense of humor because they know their position is inherently ridiculous, which is why they attacked him?

by Anonymousreply 275June 29, 2022 6:48 PM

I love how you're a logician now.

The problem with asserting that "trans women are not women, they are men" is that it basically mirrors the antigay marriage and anti gay rhetoric of the 80s and 90s.

"Gay marriage is a contradiction in terms. Men can't be married. Only a man and a woman can do that."

"Gay men aren't men. Biologically, men are made to have sex with women. They weren't made to have sex with each other. They're going against nature, biology, basic sense."

I mean - think what you want to think. Just know what you sound like to not-crazy people.

And - lastly - the two comedy shows Netflix has gotten ink over lately have been Ricky's Trans Bashing and ... Dave Chapelle's Trans Bashing. Sounds like a business model to me. But please do go on pretending trans people have power and are neo-Maoists who control the media or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 276June 29, 2022 7:22 PM

Stop using the ridiculous term TERF, they are just WOMEN, TERF is a made up crazed Tranny term.

by Anonymousreply 277June 29, 2022 7:38 PM

R260, then my bottomless self pity gives me nerves of steel, because I actually do care about this cause, and I don’t care about Ricky Gervais, I care about looking the trans movement in the eye and saying I am you, you are me. Trans has reality as androgyny; I am androgynous and therefore I must be trans to the extent that anyone else who is androgynous is trans, if that category refers objectively to a distinct group of people. So I have as much right as any other androgynous person to talk about what really benefits people who are androgynous. To act like not supporting sex change is something that androgynous people legitimately can’t speak up and do is suppressing free speech that directly affects androgynous people themselves. Androgynous people have a right to hear from other androgynous people who believe that medicalized sex changes for children are not in their best interest. And since this movement has become about kids growing up and as stereotypes now being so encoded into science that people can’t even speak about their own bodies, yes, I do care, very much, because I care about my little cousin who is being set apart to transition and I care about the non-science that is taught in schools and I care about the elimination of stereotypes and I care about feminism.

by Anonymousreply 278June 29, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote]The problem with asserting that "trans women are not women, they are men" is that it basically mirrors the antigay marriage and anti gay rhetoric of the 80s and 90s. "Gay marriage is a contradiction in terms. Men can't be married. Only a man and a woman can do that."

The problem with this parallel is that it is half the picture purporting to be the full picture.

The rightwing attacks on the groups they hate will always be there and will sound the same. That's a given. But the radical trans ideology and the self-ID laws are recent developments which have clearly come in conflict with some sex-based rights and accommodations.

LBG are perfectly capable of fighting against their traditional rightwing enemy and calling out the dangerous extremism within the alphabet soup. When Marcia is cannonized as the first stone thrower and the attempts to set this record straight are branded as 'hate speech', we're not in Kansas any more.

by Anonymousreply 279June 29, 2022 8:18 PM

[quote]The problem with this parallel is that it is half the picture purporting to be the full picture.

So you agree that your anti-trans hysteria neatly (or maybe half-neatly) mirrors the right's anti-gay hysteria.

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 280June 29, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote]I care about looking the trans movement in the eye and saying I am you, you are me

And we are all together!

by Anonymousreply 281June 29, 2022 8:30 PM

Entitled fetishistic MEN who think being a woman is wearing dresses, cheap wigs, sloppy makeup and threatening “terfs” and “cis” people online, beating 13 year old girls in skateboarding contests….

by Anonymousreply 282June 29, 2022 8:35 PM

Thank God they have you to defend men in women's restrooms, r276, and men taking spots and awards away from women. As we all know, men who think they're women are the most marginalized diversity group, more than anyone else. They're just totally powerless, so delicate and fragile that the slightest joke or misgendering causes them to kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 283June 29, 2022 9:15 PM

R282, fetishistic men are classified in the DSM-5 as having a sexualized desire to crossdress; if they identify as trans it’s a misappropriated identity, and they are not in fact trans.

Gender stereotypes relabeled by the medical community as facts have hamstrung feminism, and that is the fault of the medical community for letting that happen, not the fault of the trans community, which later latched onto it. Just because men and women have some mental traits on average does not mean that all men and women have those traits or that a woman who doesn’t have those traits isn’t really a woman. Given how disempowered women have been in some cultures - burned alive, under the control of someone who has full power to beat or kill them, economically disempowered from leaving, or just trapped, devalued, and mentally cut off from the world- the scientific community just deciding to embrace that being a woman is a stereotype is the real betrayal. And the trans kids are victims of this too, lined up for surgery because they aren’t the factory standard Barbie doll.

by Anonymousreply 284June 29, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote]and threatening “terfs” and “cis” people online

No problem with that. They all deserve to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 285June 29, 2022 9:33 PM

R285, you really want all cis people to die is a grease fire? Careful, with all those flames you might suffer a bit of smoke inhalation. No one hates you here; we’re talking about rights for androgynous people and you are an androgynous person. You are a person first more than you are a man/woman.

by Anonymousreply 286June 29, 2022 9:41 PM

I LOL'd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 29, 2022 10:17 PM

A complication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 29, 2022 10:30 PM

R284 transgenderism is defined in the DSM too, under gender dysphoria (formerly gender identity disorder, and I think they have renamed it a third time too) but the past several years trans have been saying you don't HAVE to have gender dysphoria to be trans, either. And the autogynephiles (men with paraphilias, i.e. those who get turned on by crossdressing/being percieved as female) re in fact trans, because the commandment from the trans community is "anyone who says they are a woman is one". It all falls under the trans umbrella, which also includes nonbinaries. There's many helpful diagrams available to show how "trans" is a big tent.

Of course, they call the sexual fetish aspect of it "gender euphoria" and use that to explain the boners they get from being in the women's restroom with females present.

They can't have it both ways and say "they're under the umbrella until they do something like expose their hard-ons in a women's spa in front of women and girls". But they try.

by Anonymousreply 289June 29, 2022 10:38 PM

R284 what are you talking about in regards to "the scientific community embracing women as a stereotype"? There's an actual scientific definition for what constitutes a woman, despite the trans attempts to pretend like sex is a spectrum now and they're just a different "type" of woman.

If you are referring to the handful of doctors and biologists who twist biology to claim that sex is a spectrum (it isn't) out of some desire to prove the trans claims - built on a foundation of subjective feelings and pseudoscience, then I agree, that is bad.

by Anonymousreply 290June 29, 2022 10:42 PM

R290, there was a very widely published study in the news in 2008 that was all about how men supposedly have 10 times as much of the gray matter related to intelligence as women do, while women have 6 times as much white matter, related to emotion and intuition. The study has since been discredited in many ways, including that women use the pre-frontal lobe for some functions that are compartmentalized in men, plus that some parts of the brain have overlap between processing of emotion and cognition. But at the time, the study was printed as saying 20 percent of men “have women’s brains” while women who work have more compartmentalized brains, more like men. It set the standard for the psychological institutions to start saying there was a definite and defined factual basis around gender stereotypes, and that is why sex Ed in US schools now teaches that your real sex organ is your mind. Even though less widely published studies have shown that women’s brains are flexible and can become compartmentalized with no role of testosterone simply by taking on roles that require task efficiency for long enough, no other study has been published as widely or been in as much news media since.

It was clear to me from that and other studies at the time that people with power really wanted women to be disempowered. And bear in mind, the founders of the organizations that funded the studies had their origin in white supremacy and racial studies; they were far, far right. The mainstream news articles didn’t mention that. The trans movement appeared on the one hand to be holding back the tide of a right wing movement they wanted to imprison women. But they embraced the right wing’s own stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 291June 29, 2022 11:13 PM

[quote]They can't have it both ways and say "they're under the umbrella until they do something like expose their hard-ons in a women's spa in front of women and girls".

No such thing has ever happened, except in your sick mind.

by Anonymousreply 292June 30, 2022 12:00 AM

Ah, the return of "it never happens" regarding things that happen more and more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 293June 30, 2022 12:06 AM

Ricky Gervais should be making jokes about himself- How DUMPY and AVERAGE looking he is and how UNfunny he is.

by Anonymousreply 294June 30, 2022 12:14 AM

He does make jokes about how dumpy and average he is though - in every special. You are obvious outraged without even bothering to watch.

by Anonymousreply 295June 30, 2022 12:19 AM

Just saw an ad on TV telling me that trans kids have no political agenda and the families of trans kids just want to love and accept them. Bizarre that there are so many trans kids nowadays they need to run ads about them on TV.

by Anonymousreply 296June 30, 2022 12:43 AM

R291 Thank you, that was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 297June 30, 2022 1:42 AM

R292 you are bold to show your ignorance so brazenly. Here is one such incident. The individual says they are trans, but note how the article is careful to say "claims to be trans" because the trans community likes to pretend that their policy of "anyone who says they are a woman is a woman" doesn't open the door for people like this.

The Wi Spa controversy was covered on the Guardian, too, and the "journalist" who was covering it was super pissed when he found out the incident he had been trying to dismiss as a hoax, turned out to be real, backed up with police reports. He reported on it but his articles being over backwards to try to diminish its relevance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 30, 2022 7:05 PM

Oh, and if you're interested in other such incidents, this site is keeping track of just the cases in the UK. Of course this is also why the trans are trying to make sure that in news reports these people are referred to as "women" and the police don't keep data on whether someone is trans or not. They want stuff like this to be hidden and ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 30, 2022 7:08 PM

Are the more, or less, likely to be child molesters than Roman Catholic priests?

by Anonymousreply 300June 30, 2022 7:12 PM

My guess is more likely because there are a limited number of priests and there are a lot more trans people which more each day.

Most of the trans child molesters listed above, are straight.

by Anonymousreply 301June 30, 2022 7:14 PM

Is there a rich, powerful, global organization who will shield trans people from the law?

by Anonymousreply 302June 30, 2022 8:41 PM

I'm not a fan of the trans activists, but that Trans Crime UK link hardly seems like a reliable source. The stories sound fictional.

by Anonymousreply 303July 1, 2022 10:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!