Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Survivor Season 42 has 5 LGBT's

Starts March 9.

The Survivor Twitter feed has contestant interviews. I didn't watch, but will watch the season. I just can't give it up. Every first episode I think the contestants are lame, but they grow on me as the season progresses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595May 27, 2022 6:19 AM

Let's hope there's some eye candy this season and hot enough weather that shirts are mostly off.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2022 2:24 AM

Is this the Survivor thread for Season 42

by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2022 12:04 AM

Which five? Althought I like Jonathan Young, already.

by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2022 12:05 AM

How many gays, lezzies and bisexuals, OP? Any how many trans and non-binaries? Five you say? Four of the later and one gay man?

by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2022 12:11 AM

Looks like no eye candy so far, this ain’t Australian Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2022 12:14 AM

Is this the official thread for this season?

Probably one of the least attractive casts yet, but it does seem like there is some interesting personalities. Not a bad opener so far.

by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2022 12:47 AM

Official transsexual on the land.

by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2022 12:51 AM

I wouldn't have guessed Jackson was trans. Usually it's pretty obvious. I'm middle of the road on trans issues, but I found his story touching.

Mike seems to be packing. Not surprising since he's puerto rican. He's much different than I expected. I like him.

Maryann will probably be fan favorite of the season. I like her and usually hyper people seriously bug me.

Daniel is cute in nerdy way and seems nice but doing see him lasting long.

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Lord, that sobbing jag MaryAnn just went on was over the top!

I hope blonde therapist girl gets sent home first because she is by far the most annoying

The guy with the wild hair has a banging body.

by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2022 1:22 AM

^ Yeah, Jonathan is the one hot guy. I wonder if he's going to be the designated alpha douche.

by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2022 1:39 AM

"skinny guy alliance"....yawn. They really have run out of gas...I met Jeff Probst once. Total A-WHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2022 1:44 AM

The Boston firefighter is weirdly hot once I saw him in his boxer briefs. He is italian/pureto rican so you know he has a club penis.

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2022 2:16 AM

Is it now a crime for Survivor to cast a few pretty people? Most of the cast is fugly and lots of sob stories already.

by Anonymousreply 13March 10, 2022 2:28 AM

Unless there is a military guy (a Burnett fave), the firefighter (another Burnett fave) will somehow "mysteriously" find every immunity idol in the game just when he needs it.

by Anonymousreply 14March 10, 2022 2:38 AM

After gotten so obsessed with Survivor Australia, with their great casting, awesome twists, superior hosts, and tons of HOT guys, this new USA season of fuggos and schlubs doesn’t seem like it will be as entertaining . I do like a couple of the people so far, so I will try to keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote]Survivor Season 42 has 5 LGBT's

What's an "LGBT", you vapid amoeba? I'm surprised you have the brain cells necessary to draw air into your lungs and to circulate your blood.

by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2022 3:22 AM

The contestant who had to leave because of possible drug withdrawals—that was kinda weird. Has that happened before?

by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2022 3:29 AM

The premiere was great. Jackson's medevac was the saddest exit in a long time. The way Maryann started sobbing made me so sad. She's a sweetie.

The blue tribe is a hot mess and I'm sad that Zach had to leave, but I didn't want to lose Tori either.

by Anonymousreply 18March 10, 2022 5:04 AM

What was the deal with that 'roll the dice' thing? Probst said they did it last season but I have no recollection of it.

by Anonymousreply 19March 10, 2022 7:31 AM

[quote]The contestant who had to leave because of possible drug withdrawals—that was kinda weird. Has that happened before?

A contestant named Kathy Sleckman on [italic]Survivor: Micronesia[/italic] (2008) quit Zoloft cold turkey because she was afraid production would cut her from the cast if they knew she was being treated for depression. During filming she went into withdrawals, suffered a bad breakdown, and had to be medevaced. I'm pretty sure Jackson was sent home to avoid a repeat of that.

Something similar happened on [italic]Big Brother 19[italic]—a contestant with severe PTSD didn't disclose her mental illness, stopped taking her meds before filming began, and ended up having a psychotic break in the Diary Room.

by Anonymousreply 20March 10, 2022 7:48 AM

[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2022 7:50 AM

The Blue Tribe does seem to be a huge mess and I expect to see them often at tribal council.

Kathy from the Micronesia season was seriously thinking chopping off a finger with a machete to get taken out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2022 9:04 AM

Who the hell goes to a 24-year-old therapist?

by Anonymousreply 23March 10, 2022 9:13 AM

I think that they cast Jackson knowing that they would get that heartwarming departure moment. Manipulated I am!

by Anonymousreply 24March 10, 2022 1:38 PM

WHo is the big pirate muscle guy? Please let him be gay.

by Anonymousreply 25March 10, 2022 2:15 PM

Kathy Sleckman talked about her breakdown in a Reddit AMA. She [italic]hates[/italic] Jason Siska from her season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2022 2:20 PM

The withdrawals from being on Lithium for years must be nightmarish! He should have been replaced by an alternate, and not have been on in the first place. Something like that definitely needs a doctors supervision. If he’s bipolar, then he may need to stay on it.

Did anyone laugh when the contestants were counting the triangles, and big , handsome Jonathan said eleven? And it ended up 51? LOL

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] Did anyone laugh when the contestants were counting the triangles, and big , handsome Jonathan said eleven? And it ended up 51? LOL

I wouldn't do well in these group activities. Someone dumb enough to think they have an answer in minutes to a puzzle that you have been allotted 4 hours to solve would trigger me!

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote]The withdrawals from being on Lithium for years must be nightmarish! He should have been replaced by an alternate, and not have been on in the first place. Something like that definitely needs a doctors supervision. If he’s bipolar, then he may need to stay on it.

One of my sister's best friends—a nurse who should have known better—decided to stop taking lithium on a whim, even though it had kept her bipolar disorder well controlled for years. Her illness came back with a vengeance, and she ended up dying of malignant neuroleptic syndrome after her doctor put her on Abilify.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2022 2:59 PM

In Jonathan’s defense, he clearly said that he saw himself as a big muscle player and not a puzzle solver.

The hair is a big NO but lord he’s a hot piece otherwise. I bet after a few weeks, if he lasts that long, he’s going to be shredded.

by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]He should have been replaced by an alternate, and not have been on in the first place.

I thought the same thing R27.

When Probst told him that production figured he'd be OK for the first 24-48 hours, I was like WTF? Why put him out there for even that amount of time? Why not replace him right off the bat? The cynic in me wonders whether it was basically to set up the situation we got: Probst pulling him from the game, complete with a tearful tribal good-bye.

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2022 3:03 PM

When the trans guy got there, in Australia I assume, he told them about the situation with the medicine. They obviously filmed the two seasons back to back because of COVID so they couldn’t fly an alternate in with 24 hours notice. I don’t think that the producers planned this at all, thus only one team going to tribal last night.

by Anonymousreply 32March 10, 2022 3:13 PM

Jonathan's father is a Trumptard and Roy Moore fan who's running for governor of Alabama this year. That said, Jonathan sort of indicated in this interview that he doesn't espouse his dad's views.

[quote]“I basically do my own thing. I go for different things, yet he has support for me, though.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 10, 2022 3:17 PM

I do NOT like what they've done to this show. The contestants are mostly all weirdos/bores and the flow of the show is clunky. Also, Jeff Probst is getting creepy looking and needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 34March 10, 2022 3:26 PM

Survivor is one show where LGBT representation isn’t a big deal. The very first season had a gay man (who won).

It was actually a survivor contestant who gave me some faith in DL’s gaydar. I was shocked when people correctly assumed JP Calderon was gay when his season aired in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 35March 10, 2022 3:46 PM

On Reddit, there was discussion over Jonathan’s anti mask views. I don’t have a link, though.

R32, I think that’s one reason the challenge was so brutal, it was fully intended for 6, and not 5 contestants.

I thought it was a decent premiere, everyone got a chance in front of the camera. I had to wonder about the “wheel” bit on the island with the three, that went nowhere for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 36March 10, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] What was the deal with that 'roll the dice' thing? Probst said they did it last season but I have no recollection of it.

It was an option last season but if I remember correctly no one took the chance, there were a ton of blind sides last season and few people thought they were leaving. Losing your vote pretty much means you are leaving, for a 1 in 6 chance to stay just isn't worth it, unless you know for sure you are getting the most votes.

by Anonymousreply 37March 10, 2022 5:05 PM

Jonathans pits...yum

by Anonymousreply 38March 10, 2022 5:12 PM

Are there any lezzies?

by Anonymousreply 39March 10, 2022 5:52 PM

Chanelle and Lydia are, according to pre-season press.

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2022 5:57 PM

Why should LGBs care if there are any Ts, OP?

by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2022 6:16 PM

my god, the Gen Z contestants are annoying

by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2022 6:35 PM

I don't watch Burnett shows because he protected the orange asshole.

by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2022 8:07 PM

Perhaps my gaydar is now officially broken, but about half of the male cast seems gay to me. Then again, it's harder and harder to tell with the younguns.

by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2022 10:09 PM

Thank goodness the young alliance fractured.

by Anonymousreply 45March 11, 2022 12:06 AM

Jonathan is the type of player that goes around the tribal merge. I don't see his team losing very often, so he's probably safe for a while unless there is a tribal switch.

by Anonymousreply 46March 11, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote]The Boston firefighter is weirdly hot once I saw him in his boxer briefs. He is italian/pureto rican so you know he has a club penis.

He looks like he has a clubbed face.

by Anonymousreply 47March 11, 2022 1:08 AM

Damn, that was one brutal immunity challenge.

by Anonymousreply 48March 11, 2022 4:14 AM

Jackson's spot could have gone to someone else if he had leveled with the doctors. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 49March 11, 2022 5:12 AM

Another season that I'll sit out and continuing watching AU

by Anonymousreply 50March 11, 2022 4:11 PM

I don’t get it. When Jeff announced that Zach was voted out, he said he was the SECOND player voted off. WTF? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 51March 11, 2022 7:36 PM

I caught that, too, R51. I assume he misspoke and meant to say something about the second person to leave the island or something. Still, it was weird.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2022 8:01 PM

I think he purposefully said voted out because they didn’t want to expose what had happened with the trans guy because it was a medical situation. I don’t remember, but I don’t think the blue tribe was even told the exact reason for the medical discharge.

by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2022 8:08 PM

I think this season has potential -- there are some interesting personalities.

by Anonymousreply 54March 11, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote] Maryann will probably be fan favorite of the season. I like her and usually hyper people seriously bug me.

R8, I like her, too. She seems like such a pure soul -- I don't think I could bring myself to snark about her like the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2022 9:15 PM

Did you notice when Maryanne started doing all that hysterical crying when Jackson was leaving, Jeff Probst looked at her like ‘Bitch, please.’ LOL!!! She was doing too much.

by Anonymousreply 56March 11, 2022 9:16 PM

I loved Maryanne initially but the sobbing was so OTT that I started wondering if she’s a but crazy. Still inclined to like her.

by Anonymousreply 57March 11, 2022 9:25 PM

Jeff looks like a lesbian gym teacher.

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2022 9:26 PM

I am curious if the changes made to the show have improved the ratings and age demographics.

by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2022 9:37 PM

Ratings are down, but ratings have been decreasing with each new season for some time now. They're probably still happy enough that the ratings are still good for a show being on its 42nd season. And it was still the top rated show of the night for the18-34 demo.

I'd guess some of the more conservative (and racist) fans have tuned out. A good amount of their heads were exploding on the official Facebook last season and are still bitching about it now. But aren't watching, they say.

by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2022 9:59 PM

Ratings don’t matter as much as they used to in the move to streaming. And anything that attracts a strong young audience, which it continues to, will continue to be premier assets. Isn’t Fox developing a shoe that sounds suspiciously like Survivor?

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2022 10:52 PM

I've never really watched the show, but I often follow these DL threads.

Jonathan was on baby-Survivor clone, Endurance years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2022 11:09 PM

Survivor has been renewed for seasons 43 and 44.

To be honest, I see Jeff hosting this until Season 50 and then I wonder if that's his swan song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 11, 2022 11:11 PM

R61, a shoe that sounds suspiciously like Survivor

Are you Ed Sullivan?

by Anonymousreply 64March 11, 2022 11:24 PM

I think they really hit with finding a way to monetize the shows sizable library with streaming in a way they weren't with television syndication. They even have a 24 hour channel on Pluto TV now in addition to being on the various other streaming platforms.

I can't see them ending the show before season 50. Probst seems to be really showing his age lately and lacking the same enthusiasm as in the past (which I can't say I blame him at this point). He has to be set for life financially at this point, so I can't blame him if he hangs it up then. Probst is so closely connected to show, they might just decide to call it a day when he when the time comes.

by Anonymousreply 65March 12, 2022 12:26 AM

‘Survivor 42’ deleted scene: Jonathan catches Jackson making the ‘biggest no-no’ in the game [WATCH]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 12, 2022 12:49 AM

Probst ain’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2022 9:22 AM

r67

by Anonymousreply 68March 12, 2022 12:50 PM

Oh man, R62 , what memories. When I was an adolescent gay, that baby-Survivor clone Endurance was must-see tv for me. Tons of cute shirtless boys for my 13-year old self.

by Anonymousreply 69March 12, 2022 2:52 PM

It always bothers me at the start of every season premiere episode when Jeff Probst, an executive producer heavily involved in casting, pretends not to know the names of the contestants. By the time of the initial challenge, though, he’s well-versed enough in all their names to engage in his play-by-play.

I was surprised they actually voted someone out after they had already taken out Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 70March 12, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote] Probst ain’t going anywhere.

I can't imagine Survivor with a different host. Then again, Jeopardy carries on without Alex Trebek...

by Anonymousreply 71March 12, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] I can't imagine Survivor with a different host. Then again, Jeopardy carries on without Alex Trebek...

Since a pre-Survivor Jeff Probst hosted Celebrity Jeopardy, why didn't his name come up as replacement for Alex Trebek?

by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2022 11:33 PM

Australian Survivor is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 73March 12, 2022 11:34 PM

I was totally on Rocksroy's (sp.?) side when he was yelling at the younger tribemates acting like they're at summer camp. I hope we see him boss them around some more.

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2022 12:07 AM

Then please go start a thread for it, R73.

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2022 4:28 AM

SO GLAD the hairy tattooed insane woman is gone.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2022 1:35 PM

R76, I feel sorry for your closed-minded self

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2022 7:56 PM

R74 I like him too. I hope his type a personality doesn’t get him into trouble too early.

It’s a great cast. They did really well rebooting this show with 41 and 42 after the disaster of 39 and the disappointing 40.

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2022 8:01 PM

On one hand, we have much less eye candy than in earlier season. (There used to be lots of Kens and Barbies.) But there are more personalities.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2022 8:16 PM

I watch for lezzies and homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2022 8:58 PM

r80

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2022 9:03 PM

R81 please die.

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2022 10:15 PM

R81 is such a bore. Odd to block someone who never has anything to say.

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2022 11:22 PM

Maryanne is my fave player in a while. She's funny and full of drama. Hopefully she'll last long.

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2022 11:23 PM

r82 r83 r84

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2022 11:27 PM

I think I'm done with the show. I've been watching since the beginning, but last season was such a chore, I don't want to subject myself to more of the same. I mostly skimmed this premiere episode and didn't feel like I missed out on much.

The show turning into a hunt for random items and having a twist in every episode has made it a parody of itself. Jeff seems kind of over it, too.

Wanting the show to go back to basics -- only hidden idols, no complicated twists -- and suddenly become good again is never going to happen. So I'm not going to hold out hope it will.

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2022 11:44 PM

I hate the screaming Black girl and all of the loser GenZs.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2022 12:32 AM

If you want them to go back to basics, R86, there were no hidden idols until season 11.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote]Jeff seems kind of over it, too.

My impression is that the changes seem to have reenergized him.

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2022 1:44 AM

R89.

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2022 1:51 AM

What is with the loon who just posts reply numbers?

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2022 2:32 AM

Boston Rob has tweeted that he plans to be on Survivor 50. Isn't that like 4 years away?

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2022 4:30 AM

Must be some kind of Tom Brady reference.

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2022 4:31 AM

Felt sad for Marya; I didn't expect her to go home over Maryanne.

by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2022 7:57 AM

I need Jonathan inside of me!! He'd need to shave his head though... those ragged tendrils of dreds look horrid and quite off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2022 8:22 AM

So, Maryanne goes for white, gay twinks? Someone should drop her a hint that Zach would only be interested if she had a BBC. She's gotten so much focus in the first two episodes; no way was she going this early. Marya was seen very little in the first episode and had no other real narrative other than the thing with her brother dying and getting closure from that.

Jonathan is probably the best looking guy this season, but his whole style ruins it. Someone needs to tell him that style does not work for white guys.

by Anonymousreply 96March 17, 2022 12:30 PM

Poor Maryanne has the world's worst gaydar. Let's hope she does not end up marrying a closetcase.

by Anonymousreply 97March 18, 2022 12:56 AM

Religious or not, is Omar supposed to be straight?

by Anonymousreply 98March 18, 2022 12:59 AM

[quote] Religious or not, is Omar supposed to be straight?

I believe he thinks he is but his man crush on Jonathan and even Jeff Probst tells me something different.

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2022 1:03 AM

I have ZERO recollection of what Zach even looked like.

by Anonymousreply 100March 18, 2022 4:44 AM

Omar has gay voice. Or something like it.

by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2022 5:26 AM

I’m just getting around to this weeks episode. Maryann is A LOT! It’s exhausting to watch her on TV so I can imagine how her fellow castaways feel. If there’s a secret serial killer on the show, they’ll probably snap and try to drown her.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2022 4:03 AM

If there is a secret serial killer on the show it is Maryann.

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2022 6:15 AM

Omar the 30 year old Muslim virgin has a major crush on Jonathan

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2022 6:24 AM

Why did Probst say this was the third person voted off? Jackson was sent home without a vote.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2022 10:02 AM

The big muscle head is super christrian. I would bet he is a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2022 2:36 PM

I was rewatching this week's episode again, and damn, Lydia is huge. Shorts are not her friend. Or sleeveless shirts for that matter. Tree trunk thighs, with cellulite at age 22. Her arms are huge also and dimpled.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2022 3:03 PM

So basically all straight "queer" people.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2022 3:11 PM

R107, lol. I knew somebody here would eventually comment on Lydia's jiggly body.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Who is going home tonight?

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2022 5:31 PM

This is the first season in a long time where I don't really care if I catch the episodes. I'll probably watch tonight, but so far, it's kind of just meh.

I feel like they're all going to sit around comparing disorders.... "My anxiety", "my cutting", "my body dysmorphia", yada yada yada

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2022 9:44 PM

It seems like on any reality show these days, every contestant has a sob story. Gets old.

It looks like the seas are so rough during the challenge that it’s stopped midway. Could just be the editing, you never know. Have no clue who is going home, but the 2 released previews show the Taku tribe and the Vati tribe.

Should we start a new thread with a better title?

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2022 10:13 PM

Also, I’m going to say either Mike or Daniel from the Vati tribe will have their torch snuffed.

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2022 10:15 PM

I hope the 24-year-old blonde girl 'therapist' leaves next.

by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2022 10:35 PM

I actually am somewhat enjoying this season. It's still really early, so a lot could still happen (or not).

The last season that I thought was a good one was Millennials vs. Gen X and that was in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2022 11:05 PM

That was the most physically impressive performance in Survivor history by Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2022 12:21 AM

That challenge was crazy. They probably had fears someone might drown since the conditions were just getting worse.

Jonathan just painted a huge target on himself as a major challenge threat.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2022 12:25 AM

That tribal council was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2022 1:01 AM

Yeah, definitely. This “you don’t have a vote” thing is stupid, imo. Producers should have nixed that idea.

And why didn’t the two of them try and make fire or something like that? I haven’t watched survivor in forever, it’s like they’re making up rules as they go along.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2022 1:06 AM

R87, aww, I can't imagine hating Maryanne -- it's like hating Natalie from the Facts of Life.

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2022 4:19 AM

Jonathan was a fucking beast in that challenge -- and painted an even bigger target on his back post-merge.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2022 5:11 AM

I want to be held and cuddled in Jonathan's massive muscle arms! He was so sexy the way he carried his whole tribe and pretty much dominated the entire challenge single-handedly. If only he had a better hairstyle...

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2022 7:32 AM

The lose a vote thing combined with the "say these secret words" bullshit is very confusing and, well, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2022 2:45 PM

I don't care for players losing a vote or saying the stupid phrases either. I suspect they'll probably drop the latter one after this season.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2022 4:22 PM

I feel that David (? the one with the dislocated shoulder) really misplayed last night. It appears that he alienated the entire tribe and he's probably new public enemy #1.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2022 8:01 PM

Good. It’s not fair but reminds me of Tucker Carlson so I automatically hate him

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2022 9:33 PM

Dislocated shoulder guy reminds me of George Costanza. A neurotic, balding, pear-shaped loser.

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2022 9:49 PM

What was Mike's final comment at Tribal Council right before the tribe was ushered out?

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2022 11:58 PM

Dislocated Daniel has zero social skills nor awareness. It's crazy that he's a lawyer.

Also, he's previously worked on political campaigns for Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush. He collects signed pocket U.S. Constitutions. Among others, he has one signed by Chief Justice Roberts, Justice Thomas, Justice Alito, (and Justice Sotomayor).

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2022 2:25 AM

I would spend every waking minute offering to suck Jonathan's cock.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2022 2:45 AM

Lydia is still a fat shit shit this week

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2022 3:54 AM

Dear god, these say-a-phrase-at-a-specified-time three-way idols and go-on-a-‘journey’-gain-a-vote-or-maybe-lose-a-vote-until-a-certain-specified-time-depending-on-what-two-other-people-do bullshit twists are convoluted and confusing to the point of absurdity. Especially while happening simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2022 5:04 AM

I did love that challenge.

The idol with the phrases is awful. I thought part of the point of the idol was everyone else not knowing you have one so it makes tribal counsels exciting. Saying the stupid ass phrases at every challenge exposes you as the person who will have an idol.

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2022 12:01 PM

I hated the non-secretive TCs the last couple seasons and I particularly hated this one. It's too distracting and makes very little sense. Whatever happened to secret alliances? That was the fun part, or at least one of them, that made the show enjoyable. Lastly, these idol and other challenges are ridiculous! Why not just ask the age old "one train leaves from SF at 50 miles an hour and one leaves from NY at 30 miles an hour, who gets to Chicago first?" math question?

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2022 12:32 PM

What's an "LGBT" and why should gay people care about them?

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2022 12:38 PM

[quote] Dislocated shoulder guy reminds me of George Costanza. A neurotic, balding, pear-shaped loser.

Albert Brooks!

by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2022 1:18 PM

SPOILER ALERT: It seemed like Jeff himself wasn't quite sure what the rules were for breaking a tie after the second vote -- specifically, does the unanimous agreement (to avoid going to stones) require the consensus of the two people (Mike and Chanelle) who initially weren't allowed to vote?

by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2022 1:38 PM

Remember when a contestant had to outwit and outplay the others? I guess that Survivor doesn’t exist anymore. Chantelle (I think that’s her name) chose poorly with the wheel thingy. She knew how important her vote was, since her tribe lost, but she risked it anyway. (At least that’s what I think she did, you damn well need a guide to figure this out now).

Then, at tribal, Daniel almost immediately said, I don’t want it to go to rocks, meaning he was willing to compromise right off the bat. All Hai had to say, “I’m not changing my vote” and Daniel caved! I loved Hali’s, “where did all the votes go?” I was thinking the same thing.

Meanwhile, there’s an entire tribe we have barely seen in two episodes.

Add in the stupid phrases, rabbit in a mailbox or whatever. . . WTH? Haven’t decided if I’ll continue watching. I wish the Australia series was on paramount plus, where can you view them?

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2022 7:31 PM

Dislocated Daniel might be on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2022 11:14 PM

Miss Diva Hai was queening it up at that Tribal.

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2022 11:47 PM

r138 they had to do something, the whole alliance thing was making it predictable. Richard Hatch may be an asshole but he outsmarted the game season 1. Then there was the season where one guy had three idols, that too was ridiculous. The casting people should be shot. One tribe has fucking HE-MAN on it and the others just cannot compete physcially.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2022 3:45 AM

That fat legged lezzy should go next.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2022 3:29 PM

I don’t even try to follow the Protect/Risk Your Vote nonsense. It’s just producer intrusion. And the nonsense with having to say a silly phrase during the immunity challenges, well, they tried to once, and I guess you could call it a novelty. But this season I’ve no patience for it.

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote] I don’t even try to follow the Protect/Risk Your Vote nonsense. It’s just producer intrusion. And the nonsense with having to say a silly phrase during the immunity challenges, well, they tried to once, and I guess you could call it a novelty.

I don't follow it, either, but it does add some suspense to the festivities. And this cast did not see the previous season which introduced these new wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2022 5:52 PM

And the producers did not get to see public reaction to it, so they are now stuck with it for this current season

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2022 1:06 AM

They should have a whole season made up of the people on naked and afraid. THAT would be a good fucking season.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2022 2:57 AM

R146 wants 16 naked Sue Hawks

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2022 3:05 AM

r147 no I don't want them naked. I mean people who survive in the africa bush naked with no food and no fire. I know they did a group naked and afraid but damn if it would be cool to see 16 people who all know how to build a shelter and survive.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2022 2:55 PM

So far, the season hasn't been as insufferable as the last one. But it still has the incomprehensible and unrelenting twists.

It is kind of entertaining to watch all these self-proclaimed "super fans" fail miserably at trying to play the game.

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2022 11:26 PM

With this schlubby group (other than Jonathan) they are going to need to have a season of just puzzle challenges.

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2022 11:57 PM

Paramount+ had to pull [italic]Australian Survivor[/italic] due to streaming rights. A lot of fans were pissed, but Paramount+ now says they can only make the international editions available in the US while the current seasons are airing on their respective networks.

You could try watching it on Paramount+ or 10 Play with an Australian VPN or look for bootleg streams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2022 12:04 AM

Unfortunately r151, the current version of AU Survivor kinda sucks due to boring contestants

by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2022 11:15 AM

I’ve been watching the current Australian season. It seems like it has been on FOREVER. I love Jordie and Chrissy, and that’s about it. They bought back married Sam and Mark, and I hate them both, especially troll Sam and her punchable little face.

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2022 11:20 AM

Australian Survivor has its own thread I don't understand why you fans of that show insist on filling up this thread with your postings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2022 4:07 PM

What R154 said. There's a thread. Use it.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2022 5:07 AM

So what happened tonight?

by Anonymousreply 156March 31, 2022 2:01 AM

[quote] So what happened tonight?

On AU Survivor or USA Survivor?

by Anonymousreply 157March 31, 2022 2:04 AM

Indian girl sent packing. Jonathan leads his team in both challenges. Snore . . .

by Anonymousreply 158March 31, 2022 2:45 AM

I don't get why they got rid of Swati instead of Tori.

by Anonymousreply 159March 31, 2022 11:44 PM

This season is turning out better than I thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 160April 1, 2022 1:10 AM

Why does Jonathan skip leg day? Dude is impressive in size and demeanor - but he got no ASS. No ASS = no DICE. I would like a group hug with him though. That man can hug 4 people at once.

I love Maryanne. I want Jonathan and Maryanne to both make the final three. With Romeo or Omar. Maryanne is from Ajax Ont? A seminary student.

Rocksroy is unbearable. That's not editing. I would lose my fucking cool within 3 hours of "living" with him.

by Anonymousreply 161April 1, 2022 2:18 AM

Lydia is FAT!

by Anonymousreply 162April 1, 2022 4:16 AM

I want to like Jonathan, but his whole conservative Christian upbringing and his dad seemingly abusing him and his brother forcing them to do pull-ups in the middle of the night or run up mountains as very young kids just makes him seem quite unappealing. His dad is running for Alabama governor on a super conservative Christian platform and Jonathan himself having worked as a bodyguard for other super hardcore conservative candidates just puts me off... though he is undeniably fun to look at (on mute and from the neck down).

by Anonymousreply 163April 1, 2022 8:47 AM

Lydia has the fat chunky legs. Lots of meat on them.

by Anonymousreply 164April 1, 2022 8:53 AM

R163 I thought the same thing about his dad. That is abuse, plain and simple. And sure he's muscular and all but he looks like a Cro-Magnon man to me. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 165April 1, 2022 3:09 PM

If I was on the show I would just sit down at the next challenge. No one can win any physical challenge with one team having the hulk on it. I would just tell Jeff, fuck this just give them the idol. He literally swam the whole team with a boat tied to him for the win, previously the other two teams could not finish part of a challenge he did all on his own, pulling the ladder and his whole team out of the water when tho other teams could not do shit. If you are going to have one hulking guy on one team then no other team can compete physically. Casting should of had one on each team to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 166April 1, 2022 3:41 PM

It was hilarious watching Lydia trying to jump to grab that thing. Gravity and all…

by Anonymousreply 167April 1, 2022 5:10 PM

They need a purely mental, non physical challenge. Remember, Jonathan is the one that said 11 triangles when everyone else saw around 50!

He really screwed up and put a target on the tribe by talking about how close knit they are. I’m betting a tribal swap soon.

Tori will be the villain that makes it to the final 4. You could play a drinking game with her, every time she rolls her eyes, have a shot. . .

by Anonymousreply 168April 1, 2022 6:13 PM

If Jonathan makes it to the merge and the other castaways don’t get rid of him if he doesn’t win individual immunity, then he deserves to win.

by Anonymousreply 169April 1, 2022 7:57 PM

Lydia is still fat! Why is this?

by Anonymousreply 170April 1, 2022 11:08 PM

All the physical brawn is not gonna help you untie knots or solve puzzles. He can help deliver them to the puzzle section, but then they’re on their own.

by Anonymousreply 171April 1, 2022 11:38 PM

How is Lydia gaining weight? Especially in those fat legs!

by Anonymousreply 172April 2, 2022 12:56 AM

Stop with the incessant, obsessive, Lydia has fat legs posts.

They're annoying and display your mental illness.

It's like that Jussie Smollett sandwich thing you did for months, r172.

Y'all know that you're a tedious time waster, right?

by Anonymousreply 173April 2, 2022 2:26 AM

This season is turning out better than expected. Maybe Jeff and the producers heard the complaints about the last one and cut the insufferable preaching.

Jeff is clearly in love with Jonathan.

If Tori is a therapist, she's a really bad one. She was condescending toward Swati in the tribal council.

Apparently, someone named Rocksroy is on the show.

Lydia is totally miscast.

The shot in the dark twist is useless.

by Anonymousreply 174April 2, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote]Maybe Jeff and the producers heard the complaints about the last one and cut the insufferable preaching.

This season was filmed immediately after last season and well before it aired. So there is no way in Hell that Jeff or the producers heard any complaints.

by Anonymousreply 175April 3, 2022 4:27 AM

Just because it was filmed last year doesn’t mean they didn’t have time to edit it before broadcast this year

by Anonymousreply 176April 3, 2022 4:48 AM

Tori’s a bitch. I’m enjoying Jonathan. His body is eye candy and he’s been nice to those around him. Sadly they will surely eliminate him soon.

And I’m trying not to project people’s politics. MAGA makes me crazy and for an hour a week I don’t want to consider whom I should hate because of who they vote for.

by Anonymousreply 177April 3, 2022 10:43 PM

Is the chick with the fat legs still there?

by Anonymousreply 178April 4, 2022 12:39 AM

Yes, r178. Jonathan is still there. He's not that fat.

by Anonymousreply 179April 4, 2022 12:46 AM

r177 but if you have a tank you can carry the whole team to a point where the rest can do the puzzel. it's a huge advanatge. They are winning but not by the huge lead Thor is giving them.

by Anonymousreply 180April 4, 2022 1:49 AM

I meant r171

by Anonymousreply 181April 4, 2022 2:46 AM

The Gen Z players are getting decimated by the Millennial and Gen X contestants.

by Anonymousreply 182April 4, 2022 9:04 AM

The big question of the day.... Will Jonathan go down to boxer briefs for the challenges tonight?

by Anonymousreply 183April 6, 2022 7:42 PM

Like some posters said, there needs to be a non-physical challenge to level the playing field. I want to see how quickly Jonathan gets the boot in his oh-so-close tribe.

by Anonymousreply 184April 6, 2022 8:13 PM

Glad Daniel's gone. What a dick he was.

by Anonymousreply 185April 7, 2022 4:00 AM

Why did Chanelle throw a hinky vote towards Mike?

by Anonymousreply 186April 7, 2022 6:43 AM

Jonathan's hair reminds me of this white chick with dreds on What Not to Wear. When the hair stylist cut them off, as each one was snipped a poof of lint, dirt, dandruff, dust and other detrius escaped and made Clinton throw up in his mouth a little bit watching the video.

Jonathan's hair makes me throw up in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 187April 7, 2022 7:50 AM

R186 she was worried that if Daniel gave up his vote and used his shot in the dark, it could make him safe, leaving Chanelle's name as the only other vote. Her vote at least guarantees a 1-1 tie between herself and Mike if Daniel's shot pays off, and she could perhaps have at least one last chance to plead for Mike to be voted out on the remote.

by Anonymousreply 188April 7, 2022 8:18 AM

Daniel brought so little to the tribe since he dislocated his shoulder the first day. He should have been gone long ago.

Two hour episode next week, hopefully things will kick up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 189April 7, 2022 2:38 PM

Thanks R188. We were going nuts trying to understand why she did that. I always forget about those stupid dice.

by Anonymousreply 190April 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Mike is going to lay into his tribemates for having his name written down.

I'm looking forward to the merge. I have to admit that I'm sick of Maryann's incessant talking.

by Anonymousreply 191April 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Maryann’s annoying as FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 192April 7, 2022 4:12 PM

Maryann needs to tone it down a few notches. I like her, but the incident with Jonathan showed her acting like a child.

The little segment that showed him fishing was just an excuse to show off that bod. But his hair is definitely gross.

by Anonymousreply 193April 7, 2022 5:26 PM

I would follow the big guy and comfort him in silence. He is 6'4" 250. Dayum.

by Anonymousreply 194April 7, 2022 7:30 PM

Maryann is the sweetest person I've ever wanted to murder. Jonathan tried but she sidestepped the machete.

by Anonymousreply 195April 7, 2022 7:40 PM

Starting to like Lydia. Can’t believe Tori is a therapist… she has too much of an edge. I’d never trust her with my problems.

I want to like Hai but he’s a walking no-fun zone… always miserable.

by Anonymousreply 196April 7, 2022 7:44 PM

Tori is a deluded, arrogant Jesus freak. She values "self-awareness" then spews this contradictory gibberish:

"I come off as a very sweet, trustworthy person, but people have no idea what I’m capable of."

" I get this all the time: I first met you, I thought you were going to be a mean girl, but now that I know you, that’s not the case."

Voting her off is not enough. A spearfishing accident would be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 197April 7, 2022 8:07 PM

In the next ep, Jonathan is challenged to drag a 2-ton weight using only his dick. It’s why they needed a second hour.

by Anonymousreply 198April 7, 2022 9:55 PM

Is Jonathan the textbook definition of butterface? (Unattractive politics and religion aside?)

by Anonymousreply 199April 7, 2022 10:33 PM

Jonathon is candy, but yes, R199. Only from the neck down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 7, 2022 10:41 PM

R188, thanks for the explanation! That seems like smart strategy, but at the same time I'm not sure that it won't backfire on Chanelle? I kinda like her -- at least moreso than Hai/Lydia.

by Anonymousreply 201April 8, 2022 5:21 AM

Ozzy from the Cook Islands, Micronesia, South Pacific and Game Changers seasons has come out as bisexual on his Twitter. He's been doing porn on onlyfans for a while too. No full on man on man sex yet though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 8, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]Ozzy from the Cook Islands, Micronesia, South Pacific and Game Changers seasons has ... been doing porn on onlyfans for a while too.

Guess we'll never see him on Survivor again.

by Anonymousreply 203April 8, 2022 7:58 PM

If you've got the time or stomach for it, read Daniel's exit interview. What a fucking whiner. What a dumbass baby. What a lying lawyer. What a lousy player.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 8, 2022 10:45 PM

r203 You kidding? Jeff was his first subscriber!

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2022 3:02 AM

Ozzy is gay/bi? Wow, I watched him on so many seasons of survivor, this seems like big news

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2022 5:49 AM

Oddly enough, it hasn't gotten much press. It's on Reddit, but only Medium and The Edge Network seems to have written about it so far.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2022 5:42 PM

Ozzy was really handsome, and such a fun player on Survivor. I mean, he asked to be voted out, sent to Redemption Island (or whatever it was called), beat someone he disliked, and managed to rejoin his tribe. It was brilliant. Can’t remember what season that occurred.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2022 5:57 PM

Has he had gay sex on camera yet? That would be more interesting than Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2022 7:37 PM

R209 Not yet. He did a scene on his OF with a two other guys in the showet (he was wearing lingerie) and he rubbed his dick against another guys briefly. I'd say more is probably to come. Full on sex hopefully.

Before that he's hinted at it. He posted a picture of himself wearing a rainbow colored jock strap.

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2022 9:19 PM

Ozzy is not good looking and his body is below average. That said, he seems like a pretty cool lady.

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2022 9:39 PM

Re: Ozzy -- Amanda must be thinking: is that why we broke up?

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2022 10:20 PM

Well damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2022 10:25 PM

I dig Drea -- she plays it real cool.

by Anonymousreply 214April 10, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote]Has he had gay sex on camera yet? That would be more interesting than Survivor.

According to the gang over at LPSG he wants ridiculous money to make gay content. I don't know how OnlyFans works but I guess you can pay for requests? People are saying he wants $1000 to fuck a guy on cam where he doesn't ask for anywhere near that for other (straight) requests.

by Anonymousreply 215April 10, 2022 8:40 PM

OnlyFans is sleazy, no matter who is doing the fucking. Ozzy doesn't get a pass. He's just doesn't want to work. Who would pay a thousand dollars to watch his flat skinny ass hump a dude?

by Anonymousreply 216April 10, 2022 8:45 PM

r216 if he is bi then he has fucked a guy already. If he is gay-baiting for money, he is a scum bag.

by Anonymousreply 217April 10, 2022 11:41 PM

Is Ozzy that broke?

by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2022 11:55 PM

Ozzie is getting desperate. Very desperate for publicity and money.

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2022 12:44 AM

Ozzy dabbled around the edges of porn before he got on Survivor. He posted a nude photoshoot he did for a photographer when he was 20 on his OF, there used to be some nude audition type of video of him online, but it cut off right before he got undressed, then he did semi hardcore Playboy TV show Foursome. I suspect he would've gotten in porn much sooner if he hadn't gotten famous for his Survivor appearances.

He doesn't really seem like the gay baiting type to me, and there a ton of those on OF. I suspect he strongly leans towards women over men though. To his credit, he uploads lots of hardcore content (heterosexual and solo) for less than 10 bucks a month. Most of the reality stars on there are big teases if not downright scammers, so no need to go after Ozzy....yet.

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2022 1:13 AM

Love Roxroy or whatever his name is. Great attitude just now on that exile island place.

by Anonymousreply 221April 14, 2022 12:41 AM

I think Jeff has a crush on Jonathan considering how much he mentions him during the challenges.

by Anonymousreply 222April 14, 2022 1:31 AM

I think sweet little Romeo’s family in El Salvador already know he’s gay….

by Anonymousreply 223April 14, 2022 1:32 AM

R222, it’s hard not to mention him when he’s generally so far ahead of everyone else. He singlehandedly won the reward challenge tonight and was close to winning the immunity challenge until the very end.

Romeo is that type of tragic gay guy that doesn’t feel comfortable around other men and only has female friends. I almost choked when he said his family didn’t know that their beauty pageant coach relative was gay.

Hai is a normal gay guy and isn’t intimidated by Jonathan but Romeo can’t reconcile his sex and sexuality, so he identifies with women.

by Anonymousreply 224April 14, 2022 1:55 AM

R244, I agree with you on Romeo. How could his family not tell he was gay? Helen Keller would have noticed. I do root for him, I think he’s sincere.

Crazy that Hai voted against Lydia. Wasn’t that against everything he stood for? Is it because she was voting for Jonathan? I like Jonathan a lot, but I would have voted for him as well. He’s a beast when it comes to winning, it almost makes the challenges boring.

I think Drea is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 225April 14, 2022 2:31 AM

I think Drea or Rocksroy. Both getting good edits.

by Anonymousreply 226April 14, 2022 2:51 AM

I also think that Omar (the virgin Muslim) is gay, and his “family doesn’t know.”

by Anonymousreply 227April 14, 2022 4:26 AM

Do they do Ponderosa videos for those voted out before jury? I'm not the Lydia's legs are so fat troll, but I'm curious how much weight she lost.

by Anonymousreply 228April 14, 2022 4:29 AM

Hai is playing way too hard. I think it's going to come back and bite him sooner than later.

I felt bad for Romeo, but his family would have to have their heads buried in the sand to not figure out he's gay. Fem in manner and how many straight Pageant Coaches are there? Very few, I'm betting. But I do like him. He does seem sincere.

Omar does seem very fem. I'm guessing straight but very repressed though.

Drea reminds me of Robin Quivers.

I don't think I'd like Tori in real life and wouldn't want to be around her, but I'm glad she won immunity. She brings some needed conflict to the game. And much more interesting TV than Lydia.

by Anonymousreply 229April 14, 2022 5:08 AM

r229 a very serious Robin Quivers who never blinks

by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2022 5:13 AM

I read somewhere that that Zach kid who got out first is straight?? They're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 231April 14, 2022 6:26 AM

*got voted out first^

by Anonymousreply 232April 14, 2022 6:27 AM

Jeff always gets a broner for the alpha male players. Jonathan is the only candidate this season so Jeff can't hide his mancrush.

by Anonymousreply 233April 14, 2022 10:24 AM

I have a crush on Jonathan as well. I would change a few things on him, cut his hair and removed all the damn crosses, then go to town tasting all the rest of him,

by Anonymousreply 234April 14, 2022 10:29 AM

Did Romeo mention whether or not his family has met him? That’s the only way they couldn’t know he’s a homo.

by Anonymousreply 235April 14, 2022 10:45 AM

It’s a shame Jonathan doesn’t go around in a Speedo or swim naked like the hunks do on the Australian or South African versions. I need to see him out of those baggy shorts and culottes.

by Anonymousreply 236April 14, 2022 11:20 AM

R231 There was a rumor that Zach and Lydia hooked up in losers lodge. Lydia denied it on her Twitter. While Zach isn't one of the openly out contestants, he's obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 237April 14, 2022 11:27 AM

R237, Lydia was supposed to be one of the gay contestants.

In his Survivor bio Jonathan says he wants to play like Ozzy so perhaps he’ll start an OnlyFans when this season is over. In that bio he also says he is the Guinness World Record holder for pull-ups with a 100 weight pack on his back.

by Anonymousreply 238April 14, 2022 12:23 PM

Jonathan has a hot body, no doubt, but that face. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 239April 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Is it just me or does Hai have a crush on Jonathan?

by Anonymousreply 240April 14, 2022 12:39 PM

R240 I think everyone has a crush on Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 241April 14, 2022 1:48 PM

Yes agree with R241. Thank god they voted out Lydia instead. She was an idiot to turn on the 8 so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 242April 14, 2022 2:06 PM

Zach did not eat out Lydia’s snatch. Nope. No way.

by Anonymousreply 243April 14, 2022 2:59 PM

Lydia was in no shape to be on Survivor. It was unsettling to watch her cottage cheese legs wobbling around.

by Anonymousreply 244April 14, 2022 3:16 PM

Now that it's the individual challenge I assume they adjust the level of physical strength required so that the Jonathans don't always win. Expect to see a lot of balancing and puzzle-solving to give the women and gays a shot, even though Omar sucks at everything except avoiding sex with his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 245April 14, 2022 4:54 PM

So, did anyone notice, that while Hai and Romeo were having their heart-to-heart, the camera pulled back and showed Omar watching in the distance? I couldn’t help but think this was a joke by the editors. Omar then joined them, and I thought maybe he’d come out, too.

by Anonymousreply 246April 14, 2022 5:08 PM

I agree r246 I noticed that too. Like oh here is the third gay guy about to join in!

by Anonymousreply 247April 14, 2022 5:35 PM

Now that the producers have fundamentally wrecked the game for 2 seasons with that stupid hourglass twist, my hope is that it never appears again. It is so wrong on so many levels. One person should never have that much power in the game. It's also unbelievably unfair to the winning tribe members. The orange team [italic]destroyed[/italic] the blue team in that challenge, only to then have their immunity taken away from them by some bozo who didn't even participate. Had Jonathan been voted off as a result of this twist instead of Lydia, the show may have never recovered.

Despite Jeffy's chat to the camera about how they tweaked the twist from the previous season, it really made no difference. What it comes down to is this: Do you, Person-Who-Has-Been-Exiled, wish to smash the hourglass thereby (a) punishing the people who just sent you to Exile, and (b) skipping the next challenge and giving yourself immunity in the process? Who [bold]wouldn't[/bold] smash the hourglass given that choice?

by Anonymousreply 248April 14, 2022 6:22 PM

Omar, the deeply-closeted gay wearing an ostrich shirt, gets credit for this week's boot.

by Anonymousreply 249April 14, 2022 6:24 PM

I hope you bitches feel guilty after listening to Lydia's body acceptance speech!

by Anonymousreply 250April 14, 2022 9:57 PM

R248, the big difference this year is that one of the winning team could have volunteered to go to exile and then they obviously would not have smashed the hourglass, thus keeping the results the same.

The wanted the food more than the secret power that Jeff was so clearly hinting that one of them should take instead of sending Roxroy.

by Anonymousreply 251April 14, 2022 10:17 PM

APPLEBEES

by Anonymousreply 252April 14, 2022 10:20 PM

Jeff Probst has such sexy legs. He's still hotter than Jonathan.

I'm not into Omar. Who cares what he fucks? He's a 30 year old muslim virgin. I bet he screams out Lady Gaga when he gets his chest waxed. That dude is not a member of my tribe. I don't like his gameplay or attitude. Why are all the gays such wimps and bitches with pissy expressions on Survivor?

I don't care for the representation at all. Romeo has potential....in the game.

Maryanne is t h i s close to being smacked in the head. Girl is a bit smarter than she acts though. Still got her idol too.

Does Jeff Probst wax his legs? Those are perfect calves.

by Anonymousreply 253April 14, 2022 10:26 PM

Probst is still hot.

by Anonymousreply 254April 14, 2022 10:35 PM

I have never eaten at Applebee's, and based on the appearance of the food featured in this reward challenge, I fear I haven't missed out on much.

by Anonymousreply 255April 14, 2022 11:46 PM

Still, the winning team was promised immunity, only to have it taken away. That sucks. You’re told that you’re safe from tribal, oh, wait! No, you’re not. I hate the hourglass, too, and I hope it’s not a part of gameplay ever again.

And I wish Tori had not won immunity, and had gone home. She’s a Cunt with a capital C.

by Anonymousreply 256April 15, 2022 12:30 AM

The hourglass is gone. As has been explained. Both season 41 and 42 of survivor were filmed back to back so there was no knowledge of the outraged reaction to If I Could Turn Back Time hourglass.

Even the challenge of digging the two huge balls out of the sand and rolling them was done on both seasons. They weren't going to let props like that go to waste. Tori winning immunity is what made the episode far less boring than it was going to be. Can't predict that.

I can't stand Tori. She is like a parody of the world's worst therapist. Heal thyself. Control yourself. STOP being so fucking ANNOYING! But she's good TV. Bye Lydia. Season 42 is much better regardless. Better cast, better dynamics. Better tribals with no doubt much more to come. Jonathan and Maryanne are already booked for return seasons!

Drea and Romeo and Hai are my favorite players. That's different from favorite personalities.

by Anonymousreply 257April 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Applebee’s is trashy, lowbrow, mall chain food, and it’s known to everyone. It’s for people who think Ruby Tuesday is too snooty, and Chili’s too ethnic, and to watch those people all go so ridiculously over the top with praise for Applebee’s was hilarious. Obviously they were forced to, and it was such cringey product placement. They did that once with Outback Steakhouse once, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 258April 15, 2022 4:54 AM

I doubt they were forced to have those reactions. I don't even like Applebee's (way overrated and overpriced for what it is) but I'd be happy to have it after eating minimal abouts of rice (yuck) and fish (Jonathan's tribe anyway) for a length of time.

by Anonymousreply 259April 15, 2022 5:38 AM

I hope Drea schools Tori and gets her out first.

by Anonymousreply 260April 15, 2022 6:09 AM

I thought Omar was going to express some hidden closet time as well. The signs are all there, whether he is ready to admit it or not. If he's not gay, then that's fine, but many of us know how hard it is mentally to lead a life like he has and the relief of finally realizing your true self.

I really wouldn't miss Maryann if she is voted out. The amount of screen time she gets while saying little of value detracts from getting to know other players better.

by Anonymousreply 261April 15, 2022 8:00 PM

Maryann is sooo annoying and Tori is a Karen type bitch. I want them both gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2022 8:03 PM

Maryanne is annoying as hell. I’d constantly be telling her to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2022 5:25 AM

Applebees was smart to sponsor. I mean, these are people who haven’t eaten anything substantial in days. Even the shittiest food (Applebees) is a huge treat, so they got minutes of the show in which every player was going bananas over their food.

by Anonymousreply 264April 16, 2022 7:25 PM

The Applebees orgasm shilling has been done before on Survivor.

Even the generic food rewards are never anything but standard FAT american fare. Burgers, cheesecake, pizza and beer.

I'm not knocking it - it's called comfort food for a reason.

But beautiful Jeff Probst's lean toned body, still round ass and perfect legs ain't eating that shit. What is he - 60 years old! Still a hot bitch. Not from Applebees.

by Anonymousreply 265April 16, 2022 7:33 PM

I wonder if Jeff is hiding an immunity idol in his dimples?

by Anonymousreply 266April 16, 2022 7:44 PM

I’ve eaten at Applebees and that food looked nothing like Applebees

by Anonymousreply 267April 16, 2022 10:04 PM

If I was on that island and had an immutiy Idol I would run to jonathan and say "If you let me blow you to completion I will give you the idol, and if you like it I will do it anytime you want" i am the WHORE Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 268April 17, 2022 12:19 AM

God I would love it if they all started lining up to blow Jonathan and swallow his loads.

by Anonymousreply 269April 17, 2022 12:24 AM

Romeo would swallow Jonathan’s jizz in a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 270April 17, 2022 1:06 AM

That right wing Christian Jonathan isn't going to let no fag suck his cock, but you all sure have vivid imaginations.

by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2022 1:26 AM

R264, in real life, Maryanne is someone who'd benefit from someone else telling her in a nice manner to use her inside voice. But in a cut-throat social game where people are just digging for reasons to cut you loose, obviously no one will be stepping up to that plate.

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2022 4:07 AM

I wonder if all the gays on the show are now aware of Jonathan’s crazy, anti-gay, far right-wing Christian nationalist dad? He’s running for governor of Alabama, and he’s as awful as you can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 273April 17, 2022 5:15 AM

[quote] Maryanne is someone who'd benefit from someone else telling her in a nice manner to use her inside voice.

While I agree with you for the viewer, Maryanne is not ever going to win Survivor, she is there to build a social media presence and playing it to the hilt. She will never tone it down. She loves that Jeff asks her about it.

by Anonymousreply 274April 17, 2022 2:58 PM

Someone who knew Maryanne posted on Reddit that's how she is in real life. She's not putting on an act for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2022 3:19 PM

The hourglass twist is horrible.

It's impossible for Hai to not sound bitchy whenever he speaks.

Tori has zero self-awareness and is condescending to everyone ... which makes her good TV. Even though I hate her, I kind of want her to stay for a while to keep the show interesting.

Rocksroy is getting a good edit.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2022 8:26 PM

I am jealous of Omar's ostrich t-shirt. You know you want one, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 18, 2022 12:39 AM

LOL r277

by Anonymousreply 278April 18, 2022 12:39 AM

R274, how will you feel if Maryanne does end up getting to the end and winning this season?

by Anonymousreply 279April 18, 2022 9:31 AM

I like Maryanne, she finds joy in everything

by Anonymousreply 280April 19, 2022 11:35 AM

Yes I like Maryanne too. It’s a lot but I think she would be a nice presence to have around and she seems kind.

by Anonymousreply 281April 19, 2022 11:51 AM

I like Maryanne too and she's not as guileless as she appears. But I would still vote her out if I couldn't shut her up any other way.

by Anonymousreply 282April 19, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote] Someone who knew Maryanne posted on Reddit that's how she is in real life. She's not putting on an act for the camera.

OMG you really need to learn not to take everything you read on line as the absolute truth. Oh they said it on Reddit, well that is different.

by Anonymousreply 283April 19, 2022 4:08 PM

All of the Gen Z females are annoying. God help casting if this is what the future looks like

by Anonymousreply 284April 19, 2022 4:11 PM

The Indian girl from Harvard wasn’t bad but they kicked her off.

by Anonymousreply 285April 19, 2022 6:44 PM

Her game strategy was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 286April 19, 2022 11:30 PM

r250 How's this for body positivity? I'm positive Lydia's great big body is fat.

by Anonymousreply 287April 19, 2022 11:39 PM

Agreed r286 but she wasn’t too annoying in terms of Gen Z. Was rather quiet and serious.

by Anonymousreply 288April 19, 2022 11:39 PM

Swati tanked her own game. She promised too many people they were her #1 and they compared notes and lost trust in her. If she would've laid low, Tori would've been voted out instead and she most likely could've went quite a bit further in the game.

by Anonymousreply 289April 19, 2022 11:45 PM

Ginger, hillbilly bear Ralph from the Redemption Island season has died of a heart attack at 56. It was one of the worst seasons, but he managed to find a hidden immunity idol and spelled Krista's name "Krasta."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 20, 2022 9:39 PM

Mike looks like some kind of lab-created human/animal hybrid, or a cryptid or something, like an upright canine humanoid or a dogman. Paging the Art Bell troll!

by Anonymousreply 291April 21, 2022 1:56 AM

Jonathan dominates a challenge again. He sat out half of it then when they were losing he said let me try and sunk 5 in a row.

by Anonymousreply 292April 21, 2022 2:02 AM

Damn. I wanted Tori gone tonight.

by Anonymousreply 293April 21, 2022 2:05 AM

I can't believe Jeff's commentary about Jonathon, Jesus get a room!

by Anonymousreply 294April 21, 2022 2:29 AM

I can't believe that bitch Tori won again. I want her gone so much. So far, she's the only player I really hate.

by Anonymousreply 295April 21, 2022 3:11 AM

Probst can't help himself with it comes to the alpha males.

I'm not a Tori fan, but she stirs things up, is observant and is keeping Jonathan from winning every immunity challenge. I think she'll go sooner than later though.

Mike seems to be the one really calling the shots. I think he's oddly sexy. I don't mind seeing him swinging around in shorts too.

Figures the gay guys turn on each other. Not very strategic of Romeo throwing his vote towards Hai since he got several votes. If Chantel played her shot in the dark and lucked out, he would've gotten voted out.

by Anonymousreply 296April 21, 2022 4:07 AM

Oh and it was funny seeing Omar almost win the reward challenge for his team. They might have won if Hai didn't take forever to retrieve the ball.

by Anonymousreply 297April 21, 2022 4:14 AM

Tori is proving herself formidable. Show some respect. Yay Romeo. Get those other fags off your back for this week. The right person went home. Chanelle was the least joyful player in a long time. What a fucking drag.

It's about time to get rid of Jonathan. What do they need him for anymore? Not all immunity challenges are going to be about balance. They need to vote him out the next chance they get.

Drea is my winner. She has a few too many advantages - I hope she doesn't start to feel overly confident and fuck it up.

Maryanne has some insight into her emotional game play! Who knew?

If you read other recaps - the straight men LOVE Tori. She's way hotter than Jonathan.

Lindsay looks like a potential winner too. Notice how Mike and Jonathan and the grotesque Hai think they rule the show? Don't let them have it ladies. And by ladies, I mean Omar and Romeo too.

Double immunity and double elimination week should change the game.

by Anonymousreply 298April 21, 2022 4:38 AM

I was hoping Omar got that win, too. Something tells me that Hai has gotten to balls much faster than he did in that challenge.

by Anonymousreply 299April 21, 2022 1:13 PM

If Jonathan goes, we have nothing to look at.

by Anonymousreply 300April 21, 2022 1:53 PM

Agreed. Although I am impressed with her challenge winning.

Romeo, Romeo—paranoid much? He’s turned into a nutcase, poor guy. He should have stepped out for the bag of rice. Speaking of which, Jeff caved to four people not participating in exchange for the rice almost immediately. Terrible negotiation. The old Jeff would have insisted 6 or 7.

If the men form an alliance, which was teased at the end, that will be the stupidest thing possible. Hopefully, that was just a joke.

by Anonymousreply 301April 21, 2022 2:24 PM

I'm starting to dislike Mike and his upright citizen's brigade schtick. Anyone who brags about being "street smart" usually isn't all that smart either. Street smart guys run away from fires, not into them.

by Anonymousreply 302April 21, 2022 2:46 PM

I liked Mike until his rather petty vote last week. I didn’t like Chanelle, but “I want her out because she cast a vote for me instead of the person I told her to vote for” . . . Shit, dude. That’s why it’s called survivor!

At this point, I’d love to see Lindsey win. Her dive off of the platform at the start of the reward challenge was awesome, especially alongside Jonathan. I’d be happy with Omar, too.

by Anonymousreply 303April 24, 2022 9:30 PM

I hope they all will survive

by Anonymousreply 304April 24, 2022 9:56 PM

Lindsay and Drea could go far. Solid in all aspects, not playing too hard or being overconfident. You have to think they will want Jonathan out soon… such a threat.

by Anonymousreply 305April 24, 2022 10:55 PM

They need to target Drea soon. She has way too many idols and advantages. So many it's hard to keep track of them all.

by Anonymousreply 306April 25, 2022 4:09 AM

That Lindsay woman is tough -- she was right behind Jonathan during that entire obstacle course.

by Anonymousreply 307April 25, 2022 8:06 PM

I don't think I've seen Jeff have the hots this bad for an alpha male.. since Colby.

by Anonymousreply 308April 26, 2022 12:30 AM

^Who calls him Mr. Jeff!

by Anonymousreply 309April 26, 2022 12:33 AM

Jonathan did dive off that platform like a dolphin. His form was unreal.

Rooting for Lindsay and Drea. And Omer isn’t bad.

by Anonymousreply 310April 26, 2022 1:08 AM

A homo is gonna win this season.

by Anonymousreply 311April 26, 2022 1:26 AM

R111 yes Jonathan will win!

by Anonymousreply 312April 26, 2022 2:22 AM

Seriously, Jonathan is a joke. His dad is a religious fanatic of the kind that doesn't keep to himself, furiously striving to legislate his fascist opinions. Johnny, forced to perform sit-ups in utero, cannot renounce the sins of Poppy since he has the body of homo Dad's dreams. The boy needs an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 313April 26, 2022 3:23 PM

Are Jonathan and Lindsey in a showmance? They look like they're having their first lover's spat next week.

by Anonymousreply 314April 26, 2022 3:32 PM

[quote] forced to perform sit-ups in utero

Is RotFLMAO allowed here?

by Anonymousreply 315April 26, 2022 5:41 PM

Poor Romeo is getting the strategic cold shoulder from the other two gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 316April 26, 2022 5:44 PM

Yeah, they mention an all male alliance that doesn’t appear to count Romeo as a member.

by Anonymousreply 317April 26, 2022 9:16 PM

To be fair Romeo was so annoying and paranoid but yeah - he’s on the outs.

by Anonymousreply 318April 26, 2022 9:52 PM

We're about 2 episodes away from Romeo demanding to be called "they".

by Anonymousreply 319April 27, 2022 4:32 PM

So you can;t vote out people of color anymore or you are considered a racist?

by Anonymousreply 320April 28, 2022 1:02 AM

Drea for the win. She's a real human.

by Anonymousreply 321April 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Well, it would have looked really bad for the first three jurors to be black. If the first tribal had gone differently, one of the black women would have been voted out. But you know what? They got both of the black women to voluntarily give up their idols!

by Anonymousreply 322April 28, 2022 2:07 AM

And Drea was obviously bluffing about playing her idol, but then Maryanne put up her idol and Jeff called them on it. Pretty slick way to remove one black player and take away the advantages two 9ther black players had.

by Anonymousreply 323April 28, 2022 2:35 AM

Johnathan is a classic case of body by Nautilus, brains by Mattel. What a dumb ass BUT if they don’t vote him out the first time he doesn’t win immunity, he deserves to win.

by Anonymousreply 324April 28, 2022 2:42 AM

The second tribal was one of the most powerful I’ve ever seen. Way to go Drea and Maryann!

by Anonymousreply 325April 28, 2022 3:02 AM

Where they were manipulated into "voluntarily" giving up their significant advantages they had just so the first three jurors wouldn't be black (because that would look bad for the show)?

by Anonymousreply 326April 28, 2022 3:09 AM

Jonathan seemed too good to be true, and tonight he proved it. He couldn't hold back his alpha male instincts, and he went hard and condescending with strategy and then stepped right into the discussion at Tribal when he should have just kept his mouth shut. Apparently you can take the boy out of Alabama, but you can't take the Alabama out of the boy.

by Anonymousreply 327April 28, 2022 3:11 AM

If they were the only three black players this season, that would look bad, but since half the team is African-American I don’t see how it could be considered racist to have the first three jury members

by Anonymousreply 328April 28, 2022 3:21 AM

To r328: Go to bed Torie.

by Anonymousreply 329April 28, 2022 4:21 AM

The show is becoming unwatchable, again

by Anonymousreply 330April 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Drea and Maryann each also had extra votes. They should have just put 4 votes on Tori and kept their idols.

by Anonymousreply 331April 28, 2022 5:09 AM

A really strange tribal. The vote wasn’t written down; the idols were flushed out, shit . . . I was just glad Lindsey wasn’t eliminated by Tori’s shot in the dark. The Survivor Reddit loves Tori and they’re having a meltdown.

I was surprised that Jonathan was able to balance his big feet on the ledges. And then he won the challenge. His dad probably made him practice at 5 in the morning in the family pool.

by Anonymousreply 332April 28, 2022 6:01 AM

While I'm sure seeing Chanelle and Rocksroy on the jury brought up both worries about their positions in the game for Drea and Maryanne (and rightfully for Drea) and the probably many times they were treated very poorly just because of the color of their skin, it's too bad it had to be brought into the context of the game. After Drea played her idol, Tori was going to go unless she got super lucky with her shot in the dark. Chanelle's gameplay didn't put her in a good position and Rocksroy's all-men alliance was poorly received by Omar, Romeo and Hai; they weren't voted out because of their skin color. It was totally reasonable for them to target Drea because her idol and other advantages.

I think it's safe to say Romeo and Jonathan aren't winning. Their terrible gameplay was really exposed. Kinda surprising in Jonathan's poor edit this last episode since they usually protect the alpha males in the edit to not make them look too bad. Although no one has probably thought he was a great strategic player.

Lindsay is playing the best game overall, I think. She's very observant and really keeps her cool. No one else seems to be targeting her either.

I don't get the stanning over Tori. She's stirs things up for sure and is a good challenge competitor but is too transparent to be a good strategic player.

by Anonymousreply 333April 28, 2022 11:40 AM

R333, I think that’s a fair reading of that tribal but people have to remember that as viewers we know things that players don’t. Both Drea and Roxroy voted Chantelle out. Roxroy was voted out for poor strategising and was ready to take ALL the women out, white or black - and just ASSUMED all the men would go along with him, including players he’d never bothered to even socialise with before. All of this is true.

But sometimes, on a social level, something larger than the game emerges from the consciousness of the players and that’s as valid as anything else that informs the decision-making. The more one listened to the two women, even the youngest player Marianne, and the wealth of their experience as black people and black Americans, and considered the optics - from their point of view - the moment becomes an opportunity to understand and empathise with their experience, to see beyond the score board both in the game and in life, and take in what they’re sharing, what they’re exposing of themselves, which is more rewarding than anything else at that moment in the game.

The playing field is not a level one for black people. Not even close. And with that burden comes a lot of stress, anxiety, a lack of confidence - all kind of internalised negativity from the rampant racism in our society where, don’t forget, white, conservative politicians and parents are gunning to have any mention of black people expunged from text books. Where just last week in MI, a young black man was murdered execution style by a police officer during a “traffic stop”. It’s not easy being black in America.

The women may have forfeited their idols in service to raising that point, in response to the optics, and maybe raising the collective awareness of the majority of viewers who watch Survivor. Good for them and on with the game.

by Anonymousreply 334April 28, 2022 1:43 PM

I would have more sympathy for Drea if she hadn't been gunning for Chantelle from the beginning. It's still a good thing that they had this discussion on the show.

When Jonathan told Drea she WAS being aggressive I wish she would have slapped him. "I'll show you aggressive you dumb cracker."

by Anonymousreply 335April 28, 2022 2:22 PM

r334, 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 336April 28, 2022 2:56 PM

We also have to remember that the 2nd team didn't know WHY Rocksroy was voted out. They only know what they saw. It's like when people talk about people who are collecting welfare or on food stamps. The first thought is is that it's mostly people of color who don't want to work. In reality, there are people of all races who on welfare or food stamps.

by Anonymousreply 337April 28, 2022 3:10 PM

r335 Chanelle, not Chantelle.

by Anonymousreply 338April 28, 2022 3:12 PM

Jonathan sure has a real purty body, but he ain't too bright, is he?

by Anonymousreply 339April 28, 2022 3:18 PM

Eww at Jonathan. Went from hot to rot.

by Anonymousreply 340April 28, 2022 4:09 PM

Thus far, Omar is controlling this game in the way that Hai wishes and thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 341April 28, 2022 6:08 PM

This guy belongs in the "pecs that jut out" thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 28, 2022 6:11 PM

Hai is so annoying. He screams elitist queen from a gay ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 343April 28, 2022 6:25 PM

When Omar speaks, it seems as though he is only talking in theory, not from any practical real life experience.

by Anonymousreply 344April 28, 2022 6:26 PM

R343, I'm not liking Hai too much either.

by Anonymousreply 345April 28, 2022 6:27 PM

Jonathan was right, Drea was being aggressive

by Anonymousreply 346April 28, 2022 6:57 PM

r346 is a fucking racist bitch!

by Anonymousreply 347April 28, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote] When Omar speaks, it seems as though he is only talking in theory, not from any practical real life experience.

He's a 30-year-old virgin. He doesn't have much "practical real life experience".

by Anonymousreply 348April 28, 2022 7:33 PM

Maryanne has settled in after an annoying start to the game (likely due to her insecurities about not fitting in).

Total respect for Drea. In a perfect world, she wouldn’t have allowed emotion to creep in but they were wet and cold and she couldn’t hold back.

by Anonymousreply 349April 28, 2022 7:34 PM

With all of the advantages Drea has earned, I don't see any way that she [italic]doesn't[/italic] make it deep to the end.

by Anonymousreply 350April 28, 2022 10:02 PM

It was great TV and an excellent episode. Revealing and painful and deep in the cold rain.

I too applaud R334's post.

Beautifully stated and written. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 351April 28, 2022 10:43 PM

Survivor breaks most people down to their most raw. Emotions come to the surface easily. If most of us walked into that Tribal and saw two gay guys sitting there out of 10 remaining players, I think we'd feel similarly to Drea and Maryanne.

by Anonymousreply 352April 29, 2022 3:11 AM

Well said r334. At first I was annoyed by the whole topic of racial equity being injected into the game. But Drea expressed herself so well. True, Drea and Rocksroy voted for Chanelle. True Rocksroy was booted for his dumb sexist idea. But I can understand how walking in and seeing two black jurors sitting there struck them the way it did. It was a hot complicated mess that mirrors race relations in so many ways.

by Anonymousreply 353April 30, 2022 3:27 AM

Wow. That was something. Love Drea and love Maryanne. I also like Lindsay a lot. Jonathan is an idiot. I hope he doesn’t use this against Drea and Maryanne as soon as he gets back to camp. Jeff was surprisingly appropriate at the second tribal. He really let them speak and didn’t interrupt or ask stupid questions.

Good episode.

by Anonymousreply 354April 30, 2022 10:41 PM

I think the second those ladies get a chance, Jonathan is out. Good riddance.

I wonder how they selected the tribes? It wasn’t shown, right? I guess by drawing stones.

Tori’s eye rolls are so severe you’d think she’s having a seizure. Such passive aggression from a “therapist”. She seemed so surprised that no one liked her. Bye bye, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2022 12:23 AM

[quote] I wonder how they selected the tribes? It wasn’t shown, right?

Yeah I thought it was a little fishy the minute the guys start talking about an all men's alliance, they split into two team with all the women on one team with one guy who is safe. and the other team all guys.

by Anonymousreply 356May 1, 2022 12:37 AM

Next time on Survivor. "the next immunity challenge is I get to blow Johnathan and you all must guess when he is going to cum, closet to the actual money shot wins!"

by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2022 1:02 AM

Yeah can you imagine having tori as a therapist? Such a bitch. And all her talk about God at the end was strange. Saying she knew God picked the right scroll for her and so she was at peace. Wasn’t expecting that.

The feuding between Hai and Romeo is so silly and so expected. They are like a living breathing DL thread where two bottoms won’t stop snipping at each other.

by Anonymousreply 358May 1, 2022 2:27 AM

They are both disadvantaged bottoms, R358. POC with no ASS!! That's a damn gay tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 359May 1, 2022 2:32 AM

Tori: It was all God's plan!

God: Whatever, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 360May 1, 2022 9:54 PM

Yes, R357, but we get to tie him to a tree with his arms and legs restrained.

by Anonymousreply 361May 1, 2022 9:56 PM

I hope fugly moron Jonathan is voted off soon. The promos make it look like everyone wants him out, so you know he won’t be going this week.

by Anonymousreply 362May 2, 2022 2:38 AM

Mike is going to be so pissed when he sees Omer made up that puppet comment.

by Anonymousreply 363May 5, 2022 12:58 AM

Mike and Jonathan excluded, this is an intelligent group left in the game. I still think they made a mistake not taking out Jonathan. His list of accomplishments will be long if he makes it to the jury. Hai was more dangerous, but probably not in the final three. You seldom win on game play alone. I don't know. Hai left in great style. Respect.

Omer is a great player and Lindsay looks like a winner. SHE would beat Jonathan with the jury - IF she makes it that far.

Maryanne and Drea are still sitting pretty with all those advantages. Romeo is the one that someone will take to the final with them. The player who poses no threat AND has no chance of winning. He doesn't look well.

by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2022 1:05 AM

Johnathan deserves to win, PERIOD! When you don’t get rid of someone like him when you have a chance, they deserve to win. TEAM JOHNATHAN! Dumb asses! I see this kind of shit every season.

by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2022 1:45 AM

Hai lost the scab on his face and the game all in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2022 1:51 AM

[quote] Mike is going to be so pissed when he sees Omer made up that puppet comment.

Agreed but Lyndsay is also going to be so pissed when she sees that she put her hand in that split in the tree where the idol was and didn't feel it. Especially if she doesn't win the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 367May 5, 2022 1:54 AM

If they don't get rid of Jonathan, Jeff is going to rape him.

by Anonymousreply 368May 5, 2022 2:30 AM

Jonathan even has nice feet! Get this man a head transplant. His pecs are holding UP! That is a well proportionalized BODY!! Steroid do a man good Tarzan.

But don't let him win Survivor. I think they are omitting quite a bit in the edit about how much JonAthon is disliked by many of the women and POC and gay members of the tribe. He's not gonna win the money.

The game is now Lindsay's or Omers to win. Drea might still pull through.

by Anonymousreply 369May 5, 2022 2:51 AM

I'm not sure who is a worse player, Jonathan or Romeo. Jonathan isn't winning unless he's up against Romeo and it's most likely going to a be a final 3, so there would be someone else there that would be a better choice (everyone else left in the game).

I think Lindsay is playing the best game. I don't think she's going to win though because she's gotten too little airtime and this week she proved she wasn't a bore to watch so that not excuse not to show her.

by Anonymousreply 370May 5, 2022 11:15 AM

Omer seems to be getting the winner’s edit unless Drea comes through. Mary Anne could also get to the end - we are seeing a lot of her. But Omer’s manipulation of everyone is pretty masterful. None of them seem to realize what he’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 371May 5, 2022 11:58 AM

[quote]But Omer’s manipulation of everyone is pretty masterful. None of them seem to realize what he’s doing.

But if anyone does put two and two together, he's toast.

by Anonymousreply 372May 5, 2022 12:00 PM

Exactly r372!

by Anonymousreply 373May 5, 2022 12:01 PM

Mike was stupid for believing Omar's puppet comment. He should at least have checked with Hai and given a moment's thought to who might be the bigger liar. Instead he continues to brag about how upstanding he is and how his word is his bond--after going back on this word. When he started blubbering over seeing the video of his family like he'd been away for 7 years his position as the biggest phony in the tribe was secured.

by Anonymousreply 374May 5, 2022 2:09 PM

Can anyone give a quick recap? I see who was voted off. There were storms in my area, and the station decided to cover the weather the entire fucking hour. I’m not interested enough to find it and watch it. Just curious about who won the challenge, etc. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 375May 5, 2022 2:19 PM

With Omer, I feel like they are either setting us up to have everyone figure out what he's doing and he will be kicked off (or get to the finale and be confronted by the jury), or he will win.

by Anonymousreply 376May 5, 2022 2:27 PM

Because you don’t feel like doing a search for an online recap that takes only a few seconds, R375, you’re asking someone to recap it for you?

by Anonymousreply 377May 5, 2022 2:32 PM

They ran around, did some stuff, looked for idols, strategized, and voted someone off.

by Anonymousreply 378May 5, 2022 2:34 PM

Jesus, R378– you could’ve at least posted SPOILERS AHEAD first. Damn you!

by Anonymousreply 379May 5, 2022 3:12 PM

You are too kind, R378. That’s more than R375 deserves.

by Anonymousreply 380May 5, 2022 3:13 PM

R375 how hard was that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381May 5, 2022 4:06 PM

Jonathan for the win

by Anonymousreply 382May 5, 2022 5:12 PM

Omar is running this game like the Godfather and nobody seems to know it. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 383May 5, 2022 5:27 PM

Jonathan ain't gonna win. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 384May 5, 2022 6:59 PM

Jonathan would actually be an okay person to take to jury because he won't be able to make a good case. He's a total fucking idiot who gets defensive when challenged and doesn't understand the game. If Lindsay or Omer or Drea take him, they can talk circles around him and get the respect of not taking some loser like Romeo to the end.

It's a risky move, but could work.

by Anonymousreply 385May 5, 2022 7:14 PM

I read that there's no Ponderosa videos this year. Which is too bad because I always enjoyed watching those.

by Anonymousreply 386May 5, 2022 8:02 PM

Impressive how Maryanne has grown over this game. She initially seemed clueless about the social game but she’s on it now.

by Anonymousreply 387May 5, 2022 8:17 PM

Agree R387, I have to admit I've loved Maryanne since she hijacked that early tribal to talk about how she can't find a boyfriend because her love is always unreciprocated.

The casting this year is so much better than recent seasons. There are some characters and smart people in the game.

by Anonymousreply 388May 5, 2022 8:30 PM

Hai's exit interview is really enjoyable. He's a smart bitch. He said he feels embarrassed for Mike for falling so easily for that lie. Ha.

He also said that Romeo is not paranoid because he's on the bottom - he's on the bottom because he's paranoid! I love my gay men. Hai seems pretty cool.

It also sounds like Omar's social game is irresistible to them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 5, 2022 10:52 PM

[quote] Mike was stupid for believing Omar's puppet comment. He should at least have checked with Hai and given a moment's thought to who might be the bigger liar.

I think Omar went a little too big with the puppet comments. Omar should have been more subtle. Mike will fact-check with Hai.

by Anonymousreply 390May 6, 2022 3:14 AM

Awww, poor Omar's girlfriend. I hope she knows what she's getting herself into before they really tie the knot.

by Anonymousreply 391May 6, 2022 3:17 AM

Or what she won't be getting...

by Anonymousreply 392May 6, 2022 3:19 AM

How many non-tranny gays?

by Anonymousreply 393May 6, 2022 3:22 AM

Omar’s girlfriend was pretty. Not what I expected. I was thinking his girlfriend was going to look more like Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 394May 6, 2022 11:01 AM

Omar has a girlfriend? I assumed he was a fag!

by Anonymousreply 395May 6, 2022 11:32 AM

If Jonathan makes it to the end, all the jury has to do is ask him a math question. How many people started this season and how many are left at the finale should have him removing his shoes and socks to help him figure it out while the adults talk.

I knew once the challenges were a little less physical, he wouldn't win everything. I thought he would win this most recent immunity challenge because he seems to have great abs but his big feet did him in.

by Anonymousreply 396May 6, 2022 1:45 PM

Jonathan is top-heavy, so balancing, especially in waves, would be tough. It's hard to feel sorry for him though when he looks so healthy and the others look like skeletons.

by Anonymousreply 397May 6, 2022 5:19 PM

I think he might be cute, but DAMN, Romeo is so emaciated looking, with that spindly body and those haunted eyes. He looks like he just staggered out of Auschwitz, post-liberation.

by Anonymousreply 398May 7, 2022 5:15 AM

Poor Romeo is so homely!

by Anonymousreply 399May 7, 2022 7:18 AM

He really is, R399. So ironic he's involved in beauty pageants.

by Anonymousreply 400May 7, 2022 8:38 PM

Jonathan should be walking around in a speedo, 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 401May 7, 2022 9:21 PM

I liked Hai's exit, showed he was a good sport.

by Anonymousreply 402May 7, 2022 9:21 PM

R402, so did I. I found him to be a little bitchy throughout the season, but he had a classy exit.

by Anonymousreply 403May 7, 2022 10:49 PM

R398 now when I see Romeo I will just picture him staggering out of Auschwitz post liberation. So wrong and so accurate. Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 404May 7, 2022 11:14 PM

Jonathan's pendulous dong balances out his top.

by Anonymousreply 405May 8, 2022 1:56 AM

Lindsay and Omar are getting great edits, so I suspect either will win. No way does Jonathan win; he has nowhere near the intelligence to make a convincing enough case. The others... eh.

This season has been better than the last. The twists haven't been as obnoxious, and the cast is much stronger.

by Anonymousreply 406May 8, 2022 2:23 AM

Someone please tell me Zach + Maryanne = a gayling and his fag-hag, and not the romantic relationship I've heard alluded to elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 407May 8, 2022 8:30 PM

Both Maryanne and Drea are Canadian. Last Season's winner, Erika also is Canadian. Maryanne is a seminary student, living in Ajax Ontario. Her love for Zach is pure. So far. Though he might taint her!

by Anonymousreply 408May 8, 2022 8:46 PM

Omar also is Canadian. He doesn't drink, eat pork or have sex. He lives in the city next to Maryanne. AJax/Whitby. Maybe these two crazy kids of different faiths can form a love match?

I don't Maryanne is a virgin though. But if she wins a million, she can be.

by Anonymousreply 409May 9, 2022 1:02 AM

* I don't think....

Jonathan has pretty tits but the rest of the cast is far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 410May 9, 2022 1:08 AM

R407 Maryanne just had a crush on Zach. It was Lydia that was rumored to have hooked up with him. She denied it, though.

by Anonymousreply 411May 9, 2022 2:24 AM

Jonathan has nothing going on upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 412May 9, 2022 12:42 PM

Maybe so, R412, but what a staircase!

by Anonymousreply 413May 9, 2022 3:16 PM

Which one is Zach?

by Anonymousreply 414May 9, 2022 3:21 PM

R414---Some scrawny dude voted out so early you will wonder who the hell h eis on the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 415May 10, 2022 7:05 AM

LGBT? They only count if they’re gay men or lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 416May 10, 2022 7:10 AM

+

by Anonymousreply 417May 11, 2022 5:19 PM

A teenage Jonathan, at 13:44.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 11, 2022 8:36 PM

Drea is quite beautiful. It always amazes me how good some of them look as the show progresses. Omer is actually looking better too. I feel like I would look like HELL in these conditions.

by Anonymousreply 419May 12, 2022 12:05 AM

This is so sexual!

by Anonymousreply 420May 12, 2022 12:25 AM

I think I just came in my pants. He is the ultimate physical player.

by Anonymousreply 421May 12, 2022 12:27 AM

I don’t understand “do or die” - wtf are they talking about

by Anonymousreply 422May 12, 2022 12:28 AM

As Jeff said, “Never seen a moment like this.”

Why in the world did they let Drew have a three-minute long moment, hugging and revealing game play and secrets, after being voted out.

Doesn’t Jeff ask the player to leave immediately after being voted out?

by Anonymousreply 423May 12, 2022 12:57 AM

*Drea

by Anonymousreply 424May 12, 2022 12:59 AM

Drea is a queen. That's survivor legend stuff right there. Her farewell couldn't have been better if it were scripted. Probst and I wear tearing up. She played hard and is so very SMART. Beautiful too.

Omar did a very shitty thing and she was right to expose him. I haven't liked Mike too much - but he showed a different and more playful and respectful side tonight. He bullies when it works, but the real man is a lot sweeter.

It's more like a board game at this point than Survivor, but THIS cast is EXCELLENT.

The men are the more emotional and immature players. Jonathan is a dullard.

I really like Omar, but I'm rooting for Lindsay to win.

by Anonymousreply 425May 12, 2022 1:12 AM

Yeah LOVE Drea. And that goodbye made me like Mike a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 426May 12, 2022 1:17 AM

Omar’s a bitch! They need to get rid of him quick.

by Anonymousreply 427May 12, 2022 2:16 AM

Drea had one of the best exits in Survivor history and I LOVE the way she put Omar’s closeted ass on blast. I hope the others don’t forget that.

by Anonymousreply 428May 12, 2022 2:21 AM

I don't think Drea's game was so great since she told Omar about her Knowledge is Power immunity grab from Mike, WTF.??? There was no reason to tell ANYBODY that. She would have gotten the idol and been safe.

Yes, at least she told the tribe what a snake Omar is but they're not going to hold it against him, Omar was just "protecting" Mike, playing the game.

by Anonymousreply 429May 12, 2022 4:17 AM

Wish Drea had kept her mouth shut about her advantage. Then the reptilian Mike would be gone instead.

by Anonymousreply 430May 12, 2022 5:06 AM

They would have got Drea out next week. But it makes me sad too. She made the classic mistake. She thought she had a friend. Omar will be a target for a week, but he's also a frontrunner to win.

Jonathan, Romeo and fill in the blank go to the final. Fill in the blank wins.

I hope it's Lindsay. But Mike or Omar would win too.

Lindsay, Omar and Mike go the finale - then we have a fucking SHOW!

by Anonymousreply 431May 12, 2022 5:15 AM

The Vulture recap is good. What IF Lindsay had not won the do or die? What a fucking bad and boring episode it would be. Stop with these random and unfair gimmicks.

And then all props to Drea and a very memorable tribal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 12, 2022 5:30 AM

Do or die Twist has been played twice, there is only a one in three chance you will chose the right box but both times the player managed to pick the correct box. Fishy?

by Anonymousreply 433May 12, 2022 12:53 PM

Drea and Mike after the vote were hilarious! “You put two on me?” I loved that!

by Anonymousreply 434May 12, 2022 1:07 PM

That was a terrible move by Drea telling Omar about planning to steal Mike's idol. Good for her making gracious and memorable exit.

At this point, I'd be ok with any of the players winning except for Romeo and Jonathan. Both are terrible players. Winning immunities no longer works as strategy when you have nothing else to go on (for Jonathan). Maryanne and Omar seem the most likely with their edits.

Why was Hai's face so greasy looking?

by Anonymousreply 435May 12, 2022 2:04 PM

If Mary Anne can get to the end she has a chance. She's very likable and she can argue well when necessary. If the jury is bitter toward Omer, they might give it to her.

by Anonymousreply 436May 12, 2022 2:08 PM

I also caught Drea calling out Johnathan for always coming for her when she never had him in her “radar”. I don’t think his dumb ass comprehend what she said or the fact that she called his ass out in front of everyone. I’m totally Team Lindsay at this point.

by Anonymousreply 437May 12, 2022 2:21 PM

I agree about the inanity of the Do or Die thing, though it worked out. Love the respect they all seem to have for each other.

Love Lindsay, have to respect Omer despite his being a snake, find Maryanne absolutely delightful, love looking at Jonathan’s bod, and ready for Romeo to shuffle off.

by Anonymousreply 438May 12, 2022 4:10 PM

I thought Lindsey was likeable enough but when they showed the kid pics of her in a football uniform, the only girl on the team, I am now a huge fan. Hate football, love spunk.

by Anonymousreply 439May 12, 2022 4:12 PM

I'd love for Lindsay to win.

As likeable as she is, I really don't want to listen to Maryann pleading her case to the jury if she gets to the finale. I think it's her speed and intensity with which she speaks that I don't like. She'd be way more effective if she just slows down.

Omer has played a good game, but the jury isn't going to give the win to a male.

by Anonymousreply 440May 12, 2022 4:28 PM

The way Lindsey kept her cool when dummy Jonathan was barking orders at her and couldn’t understand basic strategy was also quite admirable. Makes more sense now given her history of interacting with football players.

by Anonymousreply 441May 12, 2022 4:28 PM

I still can’t get over the historic conversation by Drea after she was voted out. I don’t t think any player has ever been shown talking like that and revealing game play after the vote has been read, if it happened they didn’t show it.

Jeff always says before reading the votes:

[quote] “Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

I don’t know if she was allowed to speak at lengths and go back and hug people because of the optics of another black woman being voted off or not, but for whatever the reason it is a clear change in the rules and traditions of the game and if I was Omar I’d be PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 442May 12, 2022 4:46 PM

r440, I so agree about Maryann! I can’t take a final tribal council with her. The way she talks is annoying as FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 443May 12, 2022 5:28 PM

Maryanne has played a very good game, socially. She's not all blabbermouth. NOBODY knows that she has an IDOL.

With Drea's elimination, Lindsay now also has an IDOL. If Omar returns it, Pete will have an IDOL.

Remember the heartbreak of Cyrie's elimination? Too many Idols and NO votes cast for her. Still, she was gone. I hope that asshole Sia coughed up some cash for her.

by Anonymousreply 444May 12, 2022 9:41 PM

You mean Mike, not Pete, and I agree with your points.

I’m pretty sure the winner will be worthy (unlike many seasons).

by Anonymousreply 445May 12, 2022 10:30 PM

I assume that, like last season, the winner will be announced on the island. Since I like to see how the players clean up, that's unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2022 12:25 AM

[quote] Jonathan's father is a Trumptard and Roy Moore fan who's running for governor of Alabama this year.

And Jonathan served as a bodyguard for Roy Moore (see 0:16 in link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2022 12:30 AM

Lowkey you can tell the POC, women and gay guys don't like Jonathan. He chooses his words carefully, but you can tell what he is. He hasn't a chance in hell of winning. GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2022 12:40 AM

Did Drea have two votes? The only other vote cast against Mike (who got 3 votes) was from Romeo.

by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2022 12:40 AM

Did you watch the episode R449?

by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2022 12:47 AM

R450, while I’m a regular Survivor viewer, I make no claims on being the most attentive. How I watch reality tv in general.

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2022 1:19 AM

R449 I missed that part too. I can’t follow all the advantages and gimmicks they’ve added to the game. They can steal votes, they have extra votes, they lose their votes, they have advantages to steal other advantages. The word “amulet” keeps getting thrown around.

At least they’ve largely gotten rid of that horrible exile island.

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2022 2:06 AM

I can't vote out another person of color...next week. Votes out person of color.

by Anonymousreply 453May 13, 2022 2:28 AM

It's not so much who had what advantage, but the whole last special part of the tribal council was Mike asking Drea if she put two votes on him and her buckling over in laughter and then he hugging her and they were genuinely laughing and showing affection. Then Drea read everyone's beads in the most casual manner as she was gathering her stuff to go. She is an impressive intellect and speaker. Jeff said he'd never seen anything like it.....the just before she leaves - Mike shouts out again - "You put Two on Me" and she runs over to him and they kind of good naturedly roughhouse. It was a sweet fun moment.

I just thought you would remember that part R451. Yes Drea had an extra vote and used it on Mike. Maryanne who loves Drea - did vote her out. Romeo voted for Mike. Drea's parting words to Lindsay were - Win this girl, and to Maryanne - keep being you babes. What she said to Omar and Jonathan was more pointed and finessed. Drea will be back. This was not regular reality TV, but a great episode.

by Anonymousreply 454May 13, 2022 3:08 AM

Thank you for explaining R454 - I honestly missed the voting thing - but I loved her and Mike laughing and hugging and reminding everyone it’s just a game. That was a great moment.

by Anonymousreply 455May 13, 2022 3:13 AM

😉 You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 456May 13, 2022 3:34 AM

Jonathan is an idiot and I hate his hair, and I’m meh on his face..but GOD DAMN that body. In that immunity challenge it was a sight to behold.

by Anonymousreply 457May 13, 2022 4:00 AM

Lots of people lift weights and work out hard, but Jonathan has the frame and the hardwire. The expansion of his ribcage from his torso is like the golden triangle of male beauty. That body is beautifully proportioned. He looked like christ on a cross with better tits. He's losing 2,000 calories a day from sleeping - and still has all that muscle. He should immediately get waxed and enter a bodybuilding competition as soon as he gets home. He ain't winning a million on the island.

by Anonymousreply 458May 13, 2022 4:14 AM

Thanks, R450/454. There's also the hearing issue for me that presents some problems.

by Anonymousreply 459May 13, 2022 7:58 AM

R458, Jonathan’s body on the island looks a helluva lot better than it does in R447’s linked audition tape.

by Anonymousreply 460May 13, 2022 8:03 AM

Why no Ponderosa this season?

by Anonymousreply 461May 13, 2022 11:43 AM

Hai had a great exit very classy and then Drea blew it out of the water with her exit. I had no strong opinion on Drea either way she was just another player, until now but she came off very likable with her exit.

by Anonymousreply 462May 13, 2022 4:02 PM

Turns out Jonathan is gay.

by Anonymousreply 463May 14, 2022 1:50 AM

Turns out Jonathan is racist, homophobic and an insecure misogynist. Plus dumb. +++

by Anonymousreply 464May 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Hai is adorable. They should bring him and Drea back for all stars.

by Anonymousreply 465May 14, 2022 2:11 AM

I'm bummed that my girl Drea is gone -- she was effortlessly cool in a way that reminded me of a few chicks I went to HS with. I really thought she was going to the end.

Maryanne is a type of pure and wholesome soul that I'm both surprised and glad still exists in our hardening world.

Omar is a straight-up gangsta.

by Anonymousreply 466May 15, 2022 3:49 AM

Lindsay or Omar seem likely to win. If Jonathan makes it to the final three, he probably won't get any votes.

The do or die challenge is stupid and ignores the "outwit, outplay, outlast" point of the game.

And stop talking to the camera, Jeff!

by Anonymousreply 467May 15, 2022 5:42 AM

Mr. Jeff has gotten annoying. How many times will he remind us that these players had not yet seen Season 41.

by Anonymousreply 468May 15, 2022 6:52 AM

Maryanne is racist. She voted Drea off. She could have fought for her.

by Anonymousreply 469May 15, 2022 1:07 PM

I love that Drea busted out with so much humor during her exit. She was so serious during the game! I gained a lot of respect for both her and Mike at that tribal council. It really is a game. These people do like each other.

by Anonymousreply 470May 15, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] Maryanne is racist.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 471May 17, 2022 1:25 PM

If they don’t eliminate Jonathan tonight, then he deserves to win.

by Anonymousreply 472May 19, 2022 12:41 AM

Jonathan is so stupid though that aside from starving Romeo, they can all argue better than him at the final tribal.

by Anonymousreply 473May 19, 2022 12:49 AM

Good point r473! Omar’s a great elimination. Drea has been avenged!

by Anonymousreply 474May 19, 2022 1:05 AM

No way is Jonathan winning. He has no strategic game, relies on winning immunity too much and doesn't seem to be very liked by the jury. His edit hasn't been very good for an alpha male player either.

Romeo has been mostly out of the loop and hasn't made any real moves. I think his fake idol try will be too little, too late. Not a good edit either.

Good for Maryanne sticking with her plan. It worked out for her. They really emphasized it in the edit too, which is a good sign for Maryanne.

I think Maryanne, Lindsay and Mike are the real contenders for winning. I'll go with Maryanne though because of the immense amount of screentime she's gotten, nearly all positive too. Although to be honest, she's always talking, so gave them a lot to show. If she wins, I think she would probably be the most visible woman winner yet. Lindsay hasn't gotten a whole lot of screentime until fairly recently though and has had a mostly good edit. Mike has a good amount of screen time the whole game with a mostly positive edit but has been shown to play emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 475May 19, 2022 1:19 AM

Mary Anne and Lindsey seem to be getting winner edits. I don’t know which will win but I’m guessing it’s one of them.

by Anonymousreply 476May 19, 2022 1:42 AM

Are all the players thinking Jonathan doesn't stand a chance with the jury now? Is that why they didn't get rid of him when they could.

by Anonymousreply 477May 19, 2022 2:39 AM

Only Lindsay seems to really want him out badly. I think the others probably know he would get few, if any votes from the jury. I think they're right. No way would vote for they him unless he was against Romeo at the end. And since it will likely be another final 3, the other person would get the win by default.

by Anonymousreply 478May 19, 2022 3:09 AM

I think playing a strong game, winning a lot of immunities, and although being an obvious target lasting to the end, are all factors that a fair jury would consider

by Anonymousreply 479May 19, 2022 3:10 AM

There's no way this jury is giving the win to a white guy from Alabama, regardless of how much a beast he is in challenges. I say this as someone who doesn't believe he deserves the win regardless.

by Anonymousreply 480May 19, 2022 3:53 AM

Aside from challenges, he's been really lucky. Or the other players have made bade decisions that saved him. He should have gone home a few times, including tonight, but Mayanne wanted to make a different move and had an advantage to use.

by Anonymousreply 481May 19, 2022 3:59 AM

I want Jonathan’s cum inside me. Quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 482May 19, 2022 5:48 AM

R480, I don’t care if he wins, I’m just glad we finally have some eye candy that survives to the finale. This season would’ve sucked if it weren’t for Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 483May 19, 2022 6:06 AM

Maryanne just made her move and it worked! She didn't reveal to anyone that she has an idol. She only needed Romeo to vote for Omar and her extra vote did the rest. She waited until an advantage was going to play to pay off.

Yeah, Jonathan needs to go. But Omar was the far bigger threat because the jury will never vote for Jonathan to win. Dude doesn't deserve it anyway. R480's comments are insincere at best.

Lots of white straight men from Alabama or some bum fuck place win Survivor. Jonathan may be a beast at challenges, but a neanderthal in life. His social game sucks and he lost the challenge by the way. Lindsay has at least tied him in challenges without being a racist misogynist bully jerk chick. What show have you been watching? They don't even need to get Jonathan out anymore. He can't beat anyone but Romeo. Romeo is playing for third place prize money. But only a "mastermind" like Jonathan would think it's smart to take Romeo to the finale now. Maryanne, Lindsay and Mike came to P L A Y.

The Omar blind side was the best so far - because he or Drea were going to win this game. MaryAnne pulled it off and I didn't even really get how she managed to work with all the split votes until the end. She took a big risk and won BIG. Thanks Romeo.

Lindsay is the one they will ALL want out and I'm sure she knows it. Maryanne, Lindsay, and Mike all have idols. Final 5 is last chance to play them. If Jonathan wins immunity - Romeo is gone. If anyone else wins immunity - bye bye racist neanderthal from ALABAMA! Y'all tried to hide your colors, but we see you big ugly white boy Jonathan. Nice tits help - but never get anyone to the top.

It's the finale so we'll see what twist Survivor puts in to try to keep Jon. I don't think so though. Mike is the more likeable Trump voter. When Drea said, If you make it to the end, you'll win this to Mike. It was not a blessing but a curse. Her last tribal council words should go down in history.

It's been a great season. They are all likeable and Omar left smiling too. Mike would have given him his idol if they thought he was in danger - so more props to Maryanne and her hidden extra vote. She told the only person who could help her and it worked. Romeo will be dragged by someone to the final three - unless Lindsay has the choice. That woman is head to toe confidant and wants to COMPETE.

Drea looking like a young Billie Holiday on the jury bench. What a pretty and unusual face she has. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 484May 19, 2022 7:21 AM

I wonder if anyone in the game/jury really knows about the high level of crazy, right-wing MAGA deplorability in Jonathan’s background and family? I mean, he worked for Roy fucking Moore for goodness’ sake.

by Anonymousreply 485May 19, 2022 2:45 PM

This is the best cast in ages. They finally focused on finding people with personalities and brains again (and Jonathan and Romeo). It feels like old Survivor a bit.

Hope they continue on this trend.

by Anonymousreply 486May 19, 2022 3:11 PM

Romeo the homo is fugly.

by Anonymousreply 487May 19, 2022 3:14 PM

I guess they were hoping Romeo would have a more devious and interesting personality, but he really hasn't done anything except steal rice and look like he's about to collapse. Oh and he had that conversation with Hai where he said his extended family has no idea that he's gay...

by Anonymousreply 488May 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Has Romeo's family ever met him? lololololol

by Anonymousreply 489May 19, 2022 3:47 PM

But OMG, Jonathan’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 490May 19, 2022 10:50 PM

Remember, they don’t count as LGBT unless they’re gay or lesbian. The rest is just side trash.

by Anonymousreply 491May 19, 2022 11:29 PM

Were you dropped on your head recently, R491?

by Anonymousreply 492May 20, 2022 1:28 AM

R492 No more than those people with the fake made-up genders.

by Anonymousreply 493May 20, 2022 1:32 AM

Is Jonathan trans R493? That would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 494May 20, 2022 1:39 AM

“Fake made-up genders?” Grow the fuck up, you damaged mental midget.

by Anonymousreply 495May 20, 2022 1:42 AM

LGBT literally means lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, dumbass at R491. If you want to exclude them, don’t use the initialism.

by Anonymousreply 496May 20, 2022 3:02 AM

Drea looked gorgeous, especially sitting next to boring Tori.

I hope Lindsay makes it to the final 3. Overall, a good season.

by Anonymousreply 497May 20, 2022 3:32 AM

Drea did look amazing. I felt so bad for her sitting in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 498May 20, 2022 3:49 AM

Drea is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 499May 20, 2022 3:50 AM

Have any nude photos of Jonathan leaked?

by Anonymousreply 500May 20, 2022 3:57 AM

Jonathan has a pussy! It's not that pretty.

by Anonymousreply 501May 20, 2022 4:00 AM

Fuckin’ trannies!

by Anonymousreply 502May 20, 2022 4:02 AM

Clay Jordan, runner up on season 5 of Survivor, is dead to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503May 20, 2022 5:41 AM

Survivor Ralph Kiser is also dead to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504May 20, 2022 5:45 AM

They’re dropping like flies. Don’t go on Survivor. Contestants have short lives.

by Anonymousreply 505May 20, 2022 9:36 AM

I’ve watched all but one season, yet neither of these dead guys look at all familiar.

by Anonymousreply 506May 20, 2022 3:21 PM

No one ever remembers these losers.

by Anonymousreply 507May 20, 2022 10:07 PM

Apparently, Omar had an immunity idol nullifier and that was the real reason he was voted out. Crazy that they entirely left that out of the show. It just goes to show that a lot goes on that we don't see on TV and they present things they way they want to. For example, Tori didn't get a very flattering edit on the show at all and everyone has had only had good things to say about her in interviews so far, even Rocksroy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 21, 2022 1:33 PM

I can’t believe they left all that out with Jonathan. Maybe if they shortened the stupid elaborate challenges we could have seen some of what Omer talks about.

Maryanne is absolutely getting a winner’s edit.

by Anonymousreply 509May 21, 2022 1:43 PM

Sorry meant left all that out with Omer ^^

by Anonymousreply 510May 21, 2022 1:43 PM

It's Omar, not Omer.

by Anonymousreply 511May 21, 2022 1:58 PM

I don’t expect Maryanne to win, but a week ago I’d have said she had no resume. Engineering Omar’s ouster was a big move. I also think the jury might be impressed with how she matured and found her way.

I don’t know that Mike would be a deserving winner. Not sure he’s made any move that were driven by smarts. In most cases, Omar was using him because he’s so gullible. Wouldn’t hate if he won but he’s not my choice.

by Anonymousreply 512May 21, 2022 3:06 PM

Rooting for Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 513May 21, 2022 3:40 PM

I still think Lindsay will win. Maryanne has had a great edit, but Lindsay has a stronger resume. Lindsay, Maryanne and Mike would be an interesting final three.

by Anonymousreply 514May 22, 2022 3:04 AM

R514 I think you’re right. Lindsey also has a lot of friends on the jury and she has that fun story of playing football in high school.

by Anonymousreply 515May 22, 2022 3:27 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that if Lindsay makes it to the end - she wins. But I do like R514's lineup. That would make the most interesting finale. Maryanne would have a chance. Mike would get the dumbell vote = Jonathan. Jonathan should respect Lindsay, but I suspect that he'd rather see some old firefighter win. More importantly, a guy. Lindsay isn't required to respect Jonathan. She is his equal or better. She just plays easy on him conversationally. If she WINS - it will drive him NUTS. Not enough pullups son.

by Anonymousreply 516May 22, 2022 3:47 AM

Is Lindsay a lez?

by Anonymousreply 517May 22, 2022 4:57 AM

Jonathan is a trans man. He was born a woman. Not sure if Lindsay is lesbian. I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 518May 22, 2022 4:59 AM

On her Survivor bio page, the three words Tori uses to describe herself are quirky, warm, and self-aware. 😆

by Anonymousreply 519May 22, 2022 4:23 PM

R519 She didn't come across very well on TV, but other players have great things about her in interviews post show. Calling her sweet, compassionate, kind, ect. Maybe she could be bitchy in the context of the game and fine otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 520May 22, 2022 4:35 PM

R520 I also wonder if production gave her the villain edit because everyone else has been so calm and stable this season and they needed to spice it up. And she was a “safe” person for CBS to edit that way, because she’s a pretty white woman, so the SJW wouldn’t get up in arms if she was portrayed unfairly.

by Anonymousreply 521May 22, 2022 6:47 PM

They didn’t do that with black female pastor Shan last season, who certainly got edited as a duplicitous player willing to back stab.

by Anonymousreply 522May 22, 2022 7:15 PM

Omar said in his exit interview that there was a lot of tension and some blow ups at Ponderosa. That some of the eliminated players were not too fond of him anymore and that their final tribal exits did not convey their true level of anger. Well I guess. I don't imagine that Hai or Drea are too fond of him. Omar seems a bit pissy himself. It's one thing to lie, cheat and outwit - but I think Omar really did abuse what others thought were friendships out there.

Anyway, Omar can't win now, can he. I'm glad that Drea exposed him. His game was great and duplicitous. Something tells me that Omar the 30 year old muslim virgin has a lot of practice at lying to the people closest to him, ingratiating himself to men while being a little bitch and deflecting attention from himself.....

by Anonymousreply 523May 22, 2022 7:32 PM

Omar is telling the ultimate lie to himself and that’s the lie that he’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 524May 22, 2022 7:45 PM

Yes, that was what I was inferring, r524.

by Anonymousreply 525May 22, 2022 7:51 PM

I want a lezzy to win! Lindsay!

by Anonymousreply 526May 22, 2022 7:53 PM

Could the reported bad blood be why there’s no Ponderosa this season?

by Anonymousreply 527May 22, 2022 7:55 PM

R523, you were implying and r524 picked up your inference.

by Anonymousreply 528May 23, 2022 2:01 AM

If R524 picked up what I was more than implying in my informative and free spirited post - then his response was still that of a dullard. Like his non sequitur assertion was an original thought.

Your correction is noted, R528. I implied.

You bore.

by Anonymousreply 529May 23, 2022 2:50 AM

Onar acts like he’s a gay.

by Anonymousreply 530May 23, 2022 9:54 AM

I assumed Omar was gay until he said he was a straight Muslim virgin 🤨

by Anonymousreply 531May 23, 2022 12:01 PM

Then I was certain

by Anonymousreply 532May 23, 2022 12:44 PM

Omar has so much catching up to do!

by Anonymousreply 533May 23, 2022 3:25 PM

Aww, I'm sad that closeted Omar is gone. He was running the game and I really thought he was going to take it all. Good move by Maryanne though.

by Anonymousreply 534May 23, 2022 11:15 PM

Now they will all fall to the power of Jonathan's brain!

by Anonymousreply 535May 23, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] Omar said in his exit interview that there was a lot of tension and some blow ups at Ponderosa.

He said that some of what was said to him was game-related, but some of it was personal. Hmmmm, I wonder what someone else said/implied?

by Anonymousreply 536May 24, 2022 5:21 AM

I think it's safe to say it was Drea that Omar had issues with at Ponderosa. In the word association game they gave him in one interview, when asked about Drea he said Hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 537May 24, 2022 2:30 PM

I really miss the Ponderosa videos. I hope they bring those back.

by Anonymousreply 538May 24, 2022 3:31 PM

One thing is for sure - they all love Tori! Seriously. Every cast member has said that she had no chance from the beginning and that she got a very bad edit. She's apparently really funny and caring and an actual good listener. She and Chanelle and Rocksroy are close?! Drea and Hai are tight too. Omar and Lydia. That's what we're allowed to know so far......finale tomorrow night. I'll be sad to see it end. Been a great season.

I now think that Jonathan can beat Mike. So we need Lindsay and Maryanne to make final three.

by Anonymousreply 539May 24, 2022 3:40 PM

That’s really surprising about Tori! Maybe she is a good therapist then.

by Anonymousreply 540May 24, 2022 4:54 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Tori and was rooting for her.

Now Maryann - I think she deserves a kick in the cunt for being uber annoying.

by Anonymousreply 541May 24, 2022 5:01 PM

No more cleaned-up reunions with the full cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542May 24, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote] No more cleaned-up reunions with the full cast.

I liked the live finale until Jeff decided to make it about everything other than the finale. Jeff would pick out some kid in the audience and spend 10 minutes talking to them, Sia would make a donation to her favorite player and get some screen time and they wouldn't even talk to about half the people that got an early boot. Since he ruined it for me I am fine with what they are doing now.

by Anonymousreply 543May 24, 2022 8:09 PM

Agreed, R543, but it was nice to see how they looked outside the game.

by Anonymousreply 544May 24, 2022 8:11 PM

If Jonathan makes it to the final three, we won't see him cleaned up at all.

by Anonymousreply 545May 24, 2022 8:35 PM

I haven't watched more than the first 5 minutes of the finale in many seasons. I do want to see the contestants cleaned up, but I've come to hate the nonsensical, off-topic stuff.

by Anonymousreply 546May 24, 2022 9:57 PM

With 68% of the vote in, Jonathan’s dad is almost at the bottom of a 9-person contest for the GOP nomination for governor of Alabama, with just 0.4%.

by Anonymousreply 547May 25, 2022 3:00 AM

So what happened so far tonight

by Anonymousreply 548May 26, 2022 1:24 AM

R548 Here you go.

SPOILER SPACE for those have yet to watch and might not wanna know.

Mike won Final 5 immunity. Lindsay got voted out.

Romeo won Final 4 immunity and chose to take Maryanne. Mike and Jonathan are about to go against each other in a fire making challenge to see who gets the final slot.

by Anonymousreply 549May 26, 2022 1:28 AM

Mike was talking about how much weight Jonathan has lost in actual pounds, how would he know. They must be weighing people during the game. I thought they just weighed people when they left the game.

by Anonymousreply 550May 26, 2022 1:36 AM

And update for R548

Spoiler space once again

Mike won the fire making challenge. Jonathan eliminated.

Final 3: Romeo, Maryanne and Mike

by Anonymousreply 551May 26, 2022 1:39 AM

This was a good season until tonight. I don't want any of the final three to win.

by Anonymousreply 552May 26, 2022 1:48 AM

I think Maryanne has this unless she really bungles her argument. I don't see Mike saying what the jury wants to hear. Romeo just doesn't have a strong case.

I see Maryanne getting all but a few votes. Mike will get those (Jonathan and Roxroy's) and Romeo zero votes.

by Anonymousreply 553May 26, 2022 1:49 AM

Do they still use the term floater? That’s Romeo. Very unlikely for the final three ha ha

by Anonymousreply 554May 26, 2022 1:49 AM

Everything that Lindsey complains about Jonathan’s personality, she has the exact same traits, only a touch more obnoxiously exhibited.

by Anonymousreply 555May 26, 2022 1:52 AM

You gaslighted mee!!

by Anonymousreply 556May 26, 2022 1:58 AM

And…?

by Anonymousreply 557May 26, 2022 2:11 AM

Maryanne gave the best arguments. Still think she has it. Mike bunged and recovered. Romeo did the best with what he had (very little). Good for his speech at the end.

Hai annoyed me with his gaslighting BS. The jury was fair for the most part though.

by Anonymousreply 558May 26, 2022 2:12 AM

That was really dumb of Romeo to bring Maryanne to the final.

by Anonymousreply 559May 26, 2022 2:18 AM

Congrats to Maryanne. She was on the bottom most of the game and did the best she could with what she had. She had a big personality too and gave the editors something to work with.

This was the best cast and season in a while though in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 560May 26, 2022 2:20 AM

7 - 1 - 0

by Anonymousreply 561May 26, 2022 2:21 AM

R559 He would've lost if brought Jonathan too. I don't think he could've beaten anyone on the jury.

by Anonymousreply 562May 26, 2022 2:22 AM

I voted for Mike.

by Anonymousreply 563May 26, 2022 2:23 AM

She got all the black votes again.

by Anonymousreply 564May 26, 2022 2:24 AM

Was there a fan favorite?

by Anonymousreply 565May 26, 2022 2:24 AM

She got ALL the votes, except one

by Anonymousreply 566May 26, 2022 2:25 AM

Who voted for Mike?

by Anonymousreply 567May 26, 2022 2:26 AM

I definitely think Romeo would have had a better shot at winning if he hadn’t chosen Maryanne.

Once again, Drea looked like a fucking queen on the jury! Goddess!

by Anonymousreply 568May 26, 2022 2:26 AM

No, Romeo wasn’t winning no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 569May 26, 2022 2:28 AM

I’m sure bro Jonathan voted for Mike. Or maybe Rocksroy.

by Anonymousreply 570May 26, 2022 2:29 AM

Mike blew it with his jury performance. I think he finally realized what they wanted to hear towards the end and changed his story a bit, but it was too late. Maryanne put her game out there and impressed. It's too bad since he did play a good game overall and deserved more votes than he got.

by Anonymousreply 571May 26, 2022 2:32 AM

[quote] While I agree with you for the viewer, Maryanne is not ever going to win Survivor, she is there to build a social media presence and playing it to the hilt. She will never tone it down. She loves that Jeff asks her about it.

@ R274 I made the above statement and boy was I wrong but she also improved her game play, but man was I wrong.

by Anonymousreply 572May 26, 2022 2:54 AM

No apparent eye candy in the upcoming season.

by Anonymousreply 573May 26, 2022 3:02 AM

So happy for Maryanne! She really gave great final jury answers.

I hope they bring Drea back. She deserves another chance.

by Anonymousreply 574May 26, 2022 3:56 AM

I am so glad Maryanne won! She argued best and had strong points: she put herself in position to be final 3 no matter who else went, and she had that unused, unknown idol in her pocket to speak for her social and strategic play. She deserves the win.

by Anonymousreply 575May 26, 2022 5:21 AM

EI didn’t know this about Romeo until they mentioned on Entertainment Tonight that he’d been a producer there and they were cheering him on.

“Escobar is a renowned personality in showbiz because he has worked as a producer for 11 years in the entertainment business. He is a three-time Emmy Award-winning producer who has worked for the CBS network’s magazine Entertainment Tonight and The Insider.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 26, 2022 5:36 AM

It was noticeable how much Jonathan was an outcast at the after-show. Other than by Mike, he wasn't very well liked. In one shot as the show went to commercial, Jonathan hugged Drea and she stiffened up like a board.

by Anonymousreply 577May 26, 2022 11:54 AM

I liked this season but I may take a pass on the next Survivor. It’s a game where you backstab people. Too many nice people on the show make it boring. Plus they need more eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 578May 26, 2022 12:07 PM

Maryanne’s maturation was breathtaking. No way did I think she had a chance… up until the next to last episode. But a deserving winner.

by Anonymousreply 579May 26, 2022 10:33 PM

If Jonathan had won the fire challenge, the women in the jury would have ripped him to shreds and Maryanne would still have won.

by Anonymousreply 580May 26, 2022 10:56 PM

I'm the OP of this legendarily-titled thread and I'm happy for Maryanne. She was smart and kept her idol hidden, it almost always backfires when people reveal advantages.

Thread closed.

See you next year. Look for the title Survivor Season 43 has 1 L and 1 Woman With 1/2 a Leg

by Anonymousreply 581May 26, 2022 11:11 PM

Or you won't r581 w/the demise of DL

by Anonymousreply 582May 27, 2022 12:09 AM

If this had been a final three of Drea, Lyndsey and Maryanne the outcome would have been very different.

by Anonymousreply 583May 27, 2022 12:17 AM

I’m a big old Mary but I cried when Mary Anne won. Really happy for her.

It was a really lovely group this year. Jonathan is an ass but the rest of them were cool people. Best season in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 584May 27, 2022 1:36 AM

I was impressed with the lack of any apparent bitterness among the jury members.

by Anonymousreply 585May 27, 2022 1:54 AM

I don't know if this is petty or not, but it's enlightening. I enjoyed it. Part of Lindsey's exit interview.

[quote]You and Maryanne both made comments about the way Jonathan was talking to and treating women on the beach. What was the issue there?

[quote] To put it in a quick sentence, Jonathan's a misogynist. Or at least it felt that way on the island. I'm not someone who's going to be talked to that way in real life. In real life, I would never have accepted being spoken to that way for myself or anybody else that I would've seen that happen [to], but it's a social game so you really can't say that. In my mind, that was very infuriating internally for me. So I figure, "How else can I do this? You know what? I'm going to beat you at the one thing that you're good at, and I'll just beat you in challenges instead. So that was my little way to get back at you considering I can't voice myself in a social game that way."

Jonathan deflated in front of our eyes when Romeo beat him at that ball game and Mike won the fire challenge. He tried to puff up his chest and talk like John Wayne, but he was a startled bitch with NO power. The women out there did not like him. I can't imagine the gay guys liked him either. Jonathan bravely cast his winner vote or Mike, "my main man." Yuk.

Maryanne was a beautiful story. What a great winner. Yes, Lindsey would have beat her. So she made sure that wouldn't happen! And she cried about not saving her friend. She made some masterful moves for such an emotional young woman. What a great final tribal council - for all involved. This was an exceptional season of Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 586May 27, 2022 1:57 AM

Link to new thread when this one’s full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587May 27, 2022 2:33 AM

Two seasons with Canadians allowed to compete, two Canadian winners in a row. If you get on this show, pagong the Canadians first.

by Anonymousreply 588May 27, 2022 2:37 AM

Omar and Drea are also Canadians. Look out.

by Anonymousreply 589May 27, 2022 2:44 AM

For all the seeming comity, the jury members apparently had a great deal of animosity. Is that why there was no Ponderosa?

by Anonymousreply 590May 27, 2022 4:08 AM

I read that COVID was a factor in no Ponderosa, but it could’ve been just speculation. I really missed it. This group seems like they don’t want to say anything bad about anyone or anything, which makes me suspicious about what they said about Tori. One exception to this is what some of the women say about Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 591May 27, 2022 4:13 AM

There was a Ponderosa, R591, the preceding season.

by Anonymousreply 592May 27, 2022 4:20 AM

Yes, I know, R592, but what I read was that it was because of an emergent issue related to COVID. I don’t know if what I read was true or not.

by Anonymousreply 593May 27, 2022 4:42 AM

[quote]Maryanne’s maturation was breathtaking.

Oh god, I read that so wrong at first.

by Anonymousreply 594May 27, 2022 5:04 AM

I was about to post the same, R594.

by Anonymousreply 595May 27, 2022 6:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!