Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Survivor Season 42 Part 2

In case anyone wants to continue.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2022 7:50 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2022 2:32 AM

Drea really is beautiful. They should bring her back for all stars.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2022 3:18 AM

There were a number of people who would be good to bring back...Omar, Lindsey, Hai, and of course, Drea.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2022 4:04 AM

Yes R3 - it's a strong season given how many people should return.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2022 4:06 AM

I liked Jenny and Marya too and would’ve liked to have seen more of them.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2022 4:16 AM

I ate a Shaeshar’s Shalad at Shaeshar’s Palash in Losh Vegash!

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2022 5:07 AM

You know Mr. Jeff is drooling at both ends to get Jonathan back

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2022 12:05 PM

"Mr. Jeff" was a very strange way to refer to another adult.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2022 1:47 PM

Lindsay made zero sense being upset about Jonathan targeting her. Wasn't she targeting him for multiple tribals by that point?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2022 6:27 PM

""Mr. Jeff" was a very strange way to refer to another adult. "

Yeah, and he slipped up and called him "Jeff" around the time of the fire making challenge. Shows how rattled he was.

I haven't read their bios but Jonathan is from Alabama but has almost no accent, which makes me feel like he's been training for a media career of some sort. He may end up as a professional reality show player. He has looks and presence, and brains are not a requirement.

It's nice that Romeo was happy and came out during the series, but I wish he had spared us all the talk about the young women he worked with as if he worked in some noble, inspiring profession. He is paid to get them a good gown, makeup, and to have pat answers to question about world events but he kept trying to paint it as some sort of inspiring charity work.

Mike looked puzzled during the final tribal. He made all those false promises to people on the jury and didn't realize they weren't going to respect him for honesty and integrity?! Of the three finalists, I really think the smartest person won.

Bravo Maryann g

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2022 8:14 PM

Yeah, R10, Mike believed his own bullshit. I hate people like that and am glad he didn't win.

Another thing about Romeo's pageant crap...pageants are such outdated, sexist, patriarchal BS that makes it even more embarrassing that he kept trying to spin himself as some sort of inspirational figure. Just ugh.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2022 8:30 PM

Lindsay was upset because Jonathan was a condescending, misogynist, mansplaining, dick-wad to her for 26 days. She had to hold her true feelings in.

Jonathan only one two immunity challenges, one where only two people participated. The do or die.

Lindsay won two immunity challenges too. And a reward challenge.

Lindsay used her anger about the way Mister Jonathan spoke to her and the other women as fuel to try to beat him. That's a competitor. She was a great one.

Nobody is unhappy that Jonathan didn't make final three. He had as much chance as Romeo of winning the game. Jonathan was not the big favorite that some people imagine.

Lindsay was a clear winner, had she made it until the end.

Maryanne won no challenges. But she WON!

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2022 8:36 PM

Every time Romeo talked about his pageant work, Jonathan rolled his eyes

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Mike is probably a very nice guy i real life (in fact I thought that about him very early on and still do) , but going on about his honesty and integrity was a bad move, since it's very difficult to not backstab someone in the game, and even worse when you've connected with them personally and make it more personal. I think he finally realized what the jury wanted to hear from him and started owning up somewhat late in his being questioned by the jury, but it was too little, too late. It was too bad because he had a good game overall.

I was pleasantly surprised by Jonathan's questions during final tribal council. He's not completely clueless after all.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2022 8:43 PM

Hai was a good player. Good strategically, but he did get catty near the end. Also, why was he so shiny, even at the finale when he'd already showered?

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2022 8:44 PM

At least he wasn't as shiny as his first jury appearance. It looked like he'd rubbed a bunch of cooking oil on his face minutes before.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2022 8:46 PM

The weirdest thing about Romeo was the fact that he’s an Emmy winning producer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2022 9:03 PM

Gorgeous Drea looks like a young Lauryn Hill, but even more beautiful. That feline face. A little eyeliner and some lip color and woah, suddenly she's a fucking STAR. Drea is a competitive runner and a personal trainer living in Montreal, so you know she's got style. She's 35 already or she could model. No doubt she's gonna be part of Survivor future. Hai, Omar, Lindsay and maybe Jonathan too. Jonathan would never last as long if he ever returns to play. He was a total meat shield before the merge.

Tori looked great too - admit it. She's really pretty. The straight men definitely had some eye candy this season. Lindsay had a great body.

I think Hai looked so shiny because he got his skin care products back and it was HOT out there. Hot moisturized skin is shinier than dirty dehydrated starving face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2022 9:24 PM

I'm guessing that Jonathan didn't come up with those questions by himself, R14. The jury likely discusses everything as a group in advance and decides who's going to ask what. They may even have a facilitator for this to help them decide what to ask. I've not read anything about this process, but can't imagine there's no pre-planning for how it will go.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2022 9:27 PM

Remember the trans who got kicked off episode 1 because he was on Lithium?

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2022 9:57 PM

Watch out for the Canadian players, apparently. Last year's winner Erika + Maryanne are Canadians -- as well as Drea, Omar, and Shan. Who knew our northerly neighbors could be just as cut-throat as Americans?

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2022 3:17 AM

I’d like to see Maryanne on Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2022 3:55 AM

Romeo got 0 votes. lololololololol What a loser. And he’s so fugly! Still laughing at him.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2022 4:15 AM

Good season overall. Last season was bad, but this one redeemed the show a lot. Much better cast.

I'm fine with Maryanne winning, but if Lindsey had made it to the end, she would have won.

Reading the votes right after they were cast is the right decision going forward. Although I will miss seeing the players cleaned up.

Not a looker in the bunch for Survivor 43.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2022 5:11 AM

R22 If Maryanne was on Big Brother, there would be constant beeping because of everyone constantly telling her to shut the fuck up! Maryanne will you shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2022 7:28 AM

But that’s my idea of fun on Big Brother, R25. Remember “Shut the fuck up, Helen”?

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2022 5:15 PM

I certainly didn’t miss the finale cutaways to the LA set with Jeff all amped up and racing around to ask kids in the audience how much they just love Survivor and promising all sorts of excitement yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2022 5:29 PM

Just as I was concluding that Mike was actually dumber than Jonathan came the reveal that he voted for “Lyndsie.”

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2022 5:30 PM

How many votes did Romeo get?

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2022 10:48 PM

All votes went to Maryann, except Jonathan - who voted for Mike.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2022 10:50 PM

Mike is a complete moron and comes across as a phoney douche to me.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2022 7:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!