Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Novak Djokovic should be deported Part 3

Continuing from part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602January 16, 2022 5:55 AM

All this fuss over some tennis player.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 4:31 PM

If we do have to deal with Djokovic in this year's AO, it'd be delicious to see him lose in the 1st round to a fellow Serb who's infinitely more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 4:31 PM

Was the stuff from Tsitsipas posted? Reading between the lines, I don't think Stefano wanted to get the vaccine but felt he had no choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 4:40 PM

yes, he made some very stupid statements regarding the virus.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Australian deputy prime minister: Djokovic “has to abide by the laws”

From CNN’s Hannah Ritchie

Australia’s Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce said tennis star Novak Djokovic “has to abide by the laws” in an interview with CNN affiliate Nine News.

“The vast majority of Australians ... don’t like the idea that another individual, whether they’re a tennis player or the king of Spain or the queen of England, can come up here and have a different set of rules to what everybody else has to deal with,” Joyce said, adding that whether people agree with the rules or not, they believe rules should be followed.

“That was the issue with Novak Djokovic,” the deputy prime minister said, “I think that the rules that one person follows is the rules everybody should follow. [Djokovic] is still a child of God like the rest of us, isn’t he? So he has to abide by the laws.”

Australian opposition leader Anthony Albanese said the situation with Djokovic’s visa has been “diabolical” for Australia’s reputation.

“How is it that a ... visa was granted in the first place? This has been diabolical for Australia’s reputation, just in terms of our competence here and it is extraordinary that — as we are speaking — we still don’t know what the decision will be,” he said.

He added: “The decision should have been made before he was granted a visa. Either he was eligible or he wasn’t. Australia has a policy of not allowing unvaccinated people into Australia. It is beyond my comprehension how we have got to this point. … Why is it those checks and balances weren’t in place for ... someone so prominent?”

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 4:54 PM

Serbian president says he’s "proud" to have helped Djokovic during Australian visa and vaccine dispute

From CNN's Mitchell McCluskey

Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was “proud” to help tennis star Novak Djokovic as he faces a visa and vaccination dispute in Australia.

“Our job is to help the Serbian citizens. I am proud that through our effort we were able to help one of the best athletes of all times,” Vučić in an interview with public broadcaster Radio Television of Serbia.

“I think it is necessary that people are vaccinated," Vučić told RTS, “But I am not one of those who are going to start chasing those who aren't vaccinated, because I find it to be our fault – we have allowed the social networks to impose some nonsense topics that we were unable to deal with.”

Vučić also appeared to indirectly address Djokovic’s admission that he he did not immediately isolate after testing positive for Covid-19 in December.

"If you know you are infected, you shouldn't be going out in public,” Vučić said.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 4:55 PM

Djokovic is a coward for not doing the right thing.

The right thing for Novak to do right now, and should have been done days ago, is to drop out of the tournament, immediately convene a presser to apologize to the moon and back, preferably while choking back tears, and get on a plane and get out of Dodge. Its not as if he won't win another tournament this season, and its the only course of action he could undertake to restore his already dubious reputation.

I can't understand his truculence in this matter. He must not be aware of the roiling hatred that has sprung up from his defiance. To busy listening to his 'yes-men' and not paying attention to reality.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 5:03 PM

R5 From my understanding, it wasn't the correct type of visa. It would appear that mistake may have been intentional.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 5:07 PM

Blaming it on his assistant is as low as you can get. What an amateur.

Not saying that these sorts of errors don't happen from time to time, but the proper way to deal with it, as anybody leading a team will attest, is to acknowledge and own that an error was made (without laying specific blame on staff) and immediately offering solutions to correct the error; which in this case would be Djoker-vic getting his ass on a plane and going back his hell-hole country.

Then and there, and only then and there, can he selfishly rip his staff a new one, in private, if that is how juvenile his management skills are, which his actions to date certainly indicate that it iss uch.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 5:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 5:35 PM

It's not going to happen. The negative fallout will damage Australia and the AO for years to come, and I'm guessing Hawke and his aides have played through future scenarios and have decided it isn't worth the bother.

Not that entitled Djokovic realized this when he blew through the rules, but the fact is, he doesnt have Covid and isn't a danger to anyone in the present.

Djokovic didn't think about the hassle he was causing Australia, but he's an egotistical superstar who has never been warmly liked by the public, and now we can see why.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 5:41 PM

What will the alleged fallout be if they make an exception for a rich, white man whilst requiring the peasants to vaccinate? Did they play through that scenario? Why would anyone bother with these rules now, if said rules are not going to be enforced?

I'm going to guess that the pandemic won't be over next year. Is Serbia planning to manufacture another fake positive test for NoVax to get into Australia or will he be waved through because he is a rich, white and male?

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 5:43 PM

The rich get to do whatever they want and the rest of us do NOTHING ABOUT IT!

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 5:53 PM

There are exceptions, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 5:55 PM

Let's not forget, this is just a tennis tournament. It's not life or death. Australians have suffered through two years of travel restrictions, been unable to visit sick loved ones to say goodbye, etc. The fact that this arrogant, unvaccinated bastard was allowed to breeze through the border just to *play tennis* is unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 5:59 PM

Oh, I' m clutching my pearls.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 6:02 PM

it's very simple-if Hawke and the rest of the Aussie federal govt want to deal with some of their citizens refusing to keep adhering to their strict covid protocols then let Djokovic stay. The antivaxxer/protocol freaks will feel entitled to behave like Djokovic and who can blame them? They have to kick Djokovic out for the good of the country.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 6:06 PM

R17 - Amen

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 7:07 PM

NYT weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Is the NYTimes going to go to rural Serbia for the next five years and run think pieces trying to "understand" the typical Novax supporter??

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 8:18 PM

Nobody subscribes, nyt troll.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 8:21 PM

Martina tells Novaxx to go home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 9:12 PM

Its about time a lesbian weighed-in and stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 10:34 PM

OK it's Friday morning now in Oz

Hawke time to do something

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 10:52 PM

Independent Tasmanian senator Jacqui Lambie implored the government to deal with the visa debacle after the World No.1 was named in the draw for the tournament, to face Serbian compatriot Miomir Kecmanovic in the first round.

“Why does this keep dripping out of the tap,” the senator asked on Friday.

“Alex Hawke, where are you? Missing in action?

“If you can’t make a decision on Novak Djokovic, goodness me, how are you guys running the country? This is an absolute shambles,” she told Nine Network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2022 11:05 PM

If Novax is allowed to stay, well, I can't think of a bigger slap in the face to the people of Australia.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2022 11:09 PM

(The silver lining of this debacle is having been immersed in Australian writing and turns of phrase all week. I like “dripping out of the tap.”)

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 11:09 PM

I'm curious how Aussies feel about this incident and that the entire world is looking at their country. They're not used to so much attention

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Politico on why the Australian government is “paralyzed.”

TL:DR: Morrison escalated his rhetoric but is actually hesitant about having Hawke use his deportation super-powers for other political reasons non-Australians know nothing about. This fits with Morrison’s brand, which I gather is “talk tough and do nothing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2022 11:19 PM

This pretty much sums it up for me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2022 11:20 PM

R28 I’m an Aussie and tbh I couldn’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks. Come back when you’ve lived, as we have here, under some of the harshest and most prolonged lockdowns of this pandemic, only to see a self-proclaimed antivaxxer swan in, unvaccinated, just because he can play tennis.

Australians have been stuck overseas unable to return home, people have died alone or being watched on FaceTime by their families. FFS unvaccinated Australians aren’t permitted to watch the AO at Rod Laver arena (which I agree with) but unvaccinated Djokovic is allowed to perform for the vaccinated crowd? It’s bullshit.

Send him back home, although home for Novak is Marbella, not Belgrade, which says a lot about him and how he feels about his homeland.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 11:27 PM

R31 (not R28 here) Are there any plans or discussions about imposing a tax or fine on the unvaccinated down under?

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 11:32 PM

Not yet, R32 - we have universal health care so not easy to implement. But as our (amazing) health care system buckles under the strain of caring for unvaccinated people (50% of hospitalisations in NSW in a state with 93.7% fully vaccinated) those discussions are surfacing.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 11:38 PM

R33 Cheers. They should at the very least fine unvaccinated arrivals like Novax.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 11:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2022 2:12 AM

R35, I thought that they had been “making it clear that deportation is imminent” for the past week.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2022 2:20 AM

let's hope it's not this option lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2022 3:03 AM

I can't wait up tonight like I did yesterday, lol.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 3:08 AM

Not only did I wait up, R38, I had to watch Don Lemon. Enough of that nonsense .

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2022 3:35 AM

I watched the Australian PM's press conference R39!

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2022 3:38 AM

Djokovic missed his allotted time on the practice court this afternoon, for what it’s worth.

This government is famous for dropping controversial press releases late Friday afternoon in the hope that any fuss will blow over by Monday.

If so we can expect a decision in 25 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2022 4:35 AM

Just a little late - his visa was just cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2022 5:55 AM

Wow I didn’t think they’d actually do it.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2022 6:02 AM

Novak got diplomatic passport.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Off to the court in 3...2...1

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2022 6:08 AM

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade also explicitly states on its website that diplomatic passport holders do not have any special rights or privileges.

Macpherson Kelley lawyer Kian Bone said the passport only conferred diplomatic immunity on Djokovic if he was entering Australia on official state business.

'Any claim for diplomatic immunity is only extended to "diplomatic agents" and would not extend to a private citizen of Serbia,' he told The Herald Sun.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2022 6:10 AM

They could make up some ‘state’ business I’m sure

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2022 6:14 AM

I don't think he can win this round.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2022 6:14 AM

LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2022 6:17 AM

HAHAHAAH

thank you Hawke FInALLY

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2022 6:19 AM

DENIED.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2022 6:23 AM

Rafa still has a shitty draw. But this certainly helps.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2022 6:23 AM

From what I've read, foreign diplomats must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to Australia, vaccinated or not. He arrived on Jan 6. If he stupidly tries to play the diplomat card, he will still be forced to miss the start of the tournament.

He needs to just go. Apologize for the distractions and inconvenience and GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2022 6:23 AM

So he's being deported?? When?

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2022 6:24 AM

assuming Djokovic appeals does he remain entered in the tournament?

would he get to still practice and play until it's decided?

if it is appealed and hack ass Judge Kelly rules in Djokovic's favor again then what?

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2022 6:25 AM

His legal team already prepared for this.

Plus you can’t deport someone with diplomatic passport.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2022 6:25 AM

I just came on the news that, unless they can overturn the Minister's decision in court, he won't be able to return to Australia for three years.

He has admitted to lying on his visa application, after all. Except it wasn't him, of course, it was a staff member, and they didn't really mean it, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2022 6:25 AM

lol the guys who didn't stay up for this

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2022 6:26 AM

I'm in Australia - that was our news.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2022 6:26 AM

Wow, first Australia was populated with murderers and thieves and they are sending away a guy for having a slightly suspicious certificate.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2022 6:26 AM

This is his legacy, these humiliating deportation orders. He is a total joke. Just LEAVE. You are not wanted!!

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2022 6:27 AM

but what happens if the judge overrules the government again?

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2022 6:27 AM

R60 You two are morons.

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2022 6:28 AM

[quote] lol the guys who didn't stay up for this

I’m up. Where do I watch this?

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2022 6:29 AM

Australia to him...BU-BYE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2022 6:29 AM

reading an Aussie reporter now

if Djokovic appeals again it could get even stickier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2022 6:30 AM

R63 But maybe if he murdered someone he could claim to be sent to Australia again?

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2022 6:30 AM

This whole clusterfuck has reminded me of something I learned a few years ago: Australia has a lot of Serbian immigrants (met a Serb whose family immigrated to Australia when he was young...he mentioned there were a lot of Serbians there). I wonder if they're being whipped up and encouraged to protest.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 6:30 AM

Oh I’m sure that the rabid Serb population of Melbourne will riot.

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2022 6:32 AM

Is the rest of NoVax's odious team actually vaccinated or are they fake-vaccinated courtesy of the the crooked Serbian government?

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2022 6:32 AM

I wonder how Kelly would rule this time if Djokovic appeals. Would he rule this time focusing on all the lies Djokovic told and wrote on his form? Or would he again focus on procedure and look if Hawke followed every step 100% correctly?

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2022 6:33 AM

I love how he was given a diplomatic passport for being such a wonderful ambassador for Serbia. The irony.

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2022 6:33 AM

You’re not very bright are you, R67?

But we all already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2022 6:33 AM

He needs to just go now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2022 6:34 AM

can't wait for the outcry from right wing media attacking the right wing Aussie govt lol

all because the right wing Aussie govt is pro-covid safety protocols and right wing media has grown so extreme they think covid denialism/minimizing is a higher priority than strict immigration rules (which is normally so important to them)

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2022 6:35 AM

I do hope the Aussie govt prepared for the Serbian-Australians to riot

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2022 6:36 AM

A fully vaccinated French player just got the wild card spot to replace Djokovic in the Australian Open. That’s what Novaxx gets! Quickly replaced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2022 6:36 AM

R76 They rioted when he was released on Monday so I’m sure that the authorities are prepared for more Serb craziness tonight.

by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2022 6:39 AM

R69 Lots of Serbs there, but the others Aussies are tougher than them, cause their ancestors were murderers and robberers, while Serbs were just economical immigrants. So, they stand no chance, stronger genes.

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2022 6:40 AM

R77 funny

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2022 6:40 AM

omg listen to this

PLEASE LET THERE BE CAMERAS

the reporter is saying given Hawke's cancelation order, the Australian Border Force must now go out and find Djokovic, put him in a van and bring him to some detention center

please please please Aussie paparazzi get a shot of him being arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2022 6:41 AM

NoVax fans in here are clinging to that diplomatic passport that he holds. Two things: Australia determines what his "diplomatic immunity" is while he is in their country, and two, diplomats CAN be expelled from the host country. It is called "persona non grata." If it got to that point, NoVax could probably never return to Australia.

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2022 6:45 AM

R82 But if he robbed a bank or mug or attack someone on street back home? Could he be deported to Australia?

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2022 6:46 AM

It’s not the end

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2022 6:48 AM

He's at the airport now and being "assisted" on to the aircraft.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Yes he absolutely could, R83!

That’s your third try at a convict joke - might be time for some new material, mate.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Article nine of the Vienna convention says the host country can declare any member of foreign diplomatic staff as "persona non grata" and require them to be removed. This can be done by a state "at any time and without having to explain its decision", it adds.

I'm certain Scott Morrison would love to be the one to send Ambassador NoVax back to Serbia and banning him for life.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2022 6:48 AM

"@paulsakkal

Djokovic's lawyers are still considering their legal options

They were served documents at 6.03pm, after Hawke's decision

If they appeal, they want a streamlined trial with condensed time for written submissions and verbal evidence

They want trial completed by Sunday @theage"

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2022 6:50 AM

R86 I am just examining his legal options.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2022 6:50 AM

Aus Open loss. They just lost their #1 drawcard

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2022 6:51 AM

Cool R89 - you sound pretty clued up.

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2022 6:52 AM

I honestly want to see him use the diplomatic passport... just to witness him getting expelled. This is better than TV.

And all because he wouldn't get the jab. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2022 6:52 AM

Everyone who attends the AO to watch the tennis has to be vaccinated. Let that sink in.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2022 6:55 AM

have to say if Judge Kelly overrules this it will make him look even worse

it's never good when a case ping pongs

first he got an exemption then upon further review it was canceled then a judge overruled it and said he could stay now it's been canceled again

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2022 6:58 AM

The govt couldn’t have a strong case if it took them this long to make a decision.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2022 7:00 AM

I think you're down to the last wish in your wishful thinking, R95.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2022 7:05 AM

He's been asked to present himself tomorrow for an interview with immigration officials.

For the moment he's staying where he is.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2022 7:06 AM

Except that he is back in the detention hotel R97.

by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2022 7:09 AM

Novak Djokovic’s Visa Canceled Again by Australia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2022 7:13 AM

R90 he is not popular anywhere outside Serbia. It will make no difference to the tournament in terms of attendance, and viewing figures.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2022 7:14 AM

The tournament is already at 50% attendance because of Covid anyway so yeah, I doubt it will make much difference in ticket sales.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2022 7:15 AM

A championship worth is lessen without the no. 1 seed DUH!

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Can you say second rate Open ?

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2022 7:23 AM

If it's so second rate, tell your white hero to GTFO already.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2022 7:24 AM

All this mess could have been avoided if this guy had any integrity.

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2022 7:26 AM

Finally they made the right decision. NoVax can fuck off if he thinks making another appeal will change the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2022 7:27 AM

Boob's OUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2022 7:31 AM

[quote] Lots of Serbs there, but the others Aussies are tougher than them, cause their ancestors were murderers and robberers

Murders, robbers AND prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2022 7:43 AM

Seriously, R102, no-one, outside the NoleLoons will even care he wasn't there by the time the final comes around. Several slams have now been played without Federer or Nadal in the past few years and that has had zero impact on the the perceived legitimacy of the winner by the end of the tournament. But you know, keep clutching at straws.

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2022 7:47 AM

Novax Djokerbitch set to lose $30 million in sponsorship. It's striking how unpopular he is despite being the "world's best" tennis player. What does he need to do to gain Rafa and Rog's stardom?

by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2022 7:47 AM

AND.....his visa got cancelled. I'm up in the middle of the night in the US, and it truly happened!

I didn't think it would, but it did.

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2022 7:49 AM

Where are you watching it in the US?

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2022 7:49 AM

Australia really is a shithole., waffling back and forth and taking this long to Makena simple decision.

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2022 7:50 AM

[quote]What does he need to do to gain Rafa and Rog's stardom?

This debacle was the final nail in that coffin. He'll never have that. His arrogant and self-serving nature will always prohibit it.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2022 7:50 AM

[quote] I do hope the Aussie govt prepared for the Serbian-Australians to riot

Serb violence was a given in either scenario. His fans are known to be practically football hooligan level in the stadium so their choice was riots now outside the AO or riots in the stands during the match.

And Craig Tilley is so fired for letting all this happen.

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2022 7:50 AM

R110 I don't think he can now. There are players, like Martina (and Serena to a degree) who were divisive and/or pretty unpopular for the early period of their career, but they mellowed over time. Djokoovic has gone the other way. I can't see how he turns this around at this stage in his career.

by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2022 7:50 AM

Lol at r113. Perhaps get an update before smearing others?

by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2022 7:51 AM

HAHAHA he got the BOOT! I’ve woken up to this news on US time and am too delighted to fall back asleep.

He’ll go down as the DOAT - Dumbest of All Time.

by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2022 7:57 AM

"@paulsakkal

Djokovic been asked to present himself for an interview with immigration officials tomorrow

Govt currently talking with his lawyers.

He will be staying out of detention until the interview and pending any legal action @theage"

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2022 7:57 AM

Yeah that’s the only way Rafa can have a hope of beating grand slam record.

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2022 7:58 AM

This is a prime example of why all the Novax fans’ arguments that he’s the greatest player ever, based solely on stats, miss the point: he’s the least respected and most hated top player in tennis, certainly after this. He makes the sport look worse, not better, and he makes fans want to tune out, not in. He can break every record and he’ll never be the GOAT.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2022 8:00 AM

R90, the number one draw?

You know I play this tourney, no?

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2022 8:00 AM

R120 if only there was a way Djokovic could have avoided this outcome.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2022 8:00 AM

R113 if Australia is such a shithole why have so many Serbs emigrated there?

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2022 8:01 AM

Your dumbass hero NoVax would likely already have the GS record if he hadn't, oh I don't know... gotten himself thrown out of the US Open for hitting a linesperson. He's his own worst enemy and everything that has happened in AUS is of his own making. Actions have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2022 8:01 AM

If your hero wasn't a smug, self-serving, tone-deaf prick, R120, this could've been #22. But he has only himself to blame for what most of us see as his long overdue comeuppance, first at the USO and now in Oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2022 8:02 AM

He’s younger than Rafa. The record is his to take yet.

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2022 8:06 AM

R121 At best, he will be the new Margaret Court, a loathsome figure no one likes but who happened to have won a lot of Slams.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2022 8:07 AM

R115 good, then they can be arrested and deported too. The worst punishment is to send them back to their originating country.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2022 8:12 AM

Onya bike, Nojab.

by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2022 8:13 AM

R129, you’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2022 8:13 AM

It's funny how they're letting him stubbornly stay in Australia in a gray zone and keep spending money on lawyers even though he doesn't have a chance of staying. They're using his self-righteousness against him to bring more money into Australia.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2022 8:14 AM

[quote]He’s younger than Rafa.

It's a one-year age difference.

by Anonymousreply 133January 14, 2022 8:14 AM

R121

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 14, 2022 8:15 AM

R131 oh, thanks for letting me know.

I'm really sorry your comrade is being sent home. You must be devastated and thinking of killing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 135January 14, 2022 8:15 AM

R134 His GOAT title was revoked due to the rampant drug use that was uncovered and hushed up by the Serbian government. You are out of the loop.

by Anonymousreply 136January 14, 2022 8:16 AM

Djokovic is still in the draw and isn't in detention. I hope to God that awful judge doesn't let him play.

by Anonymousreply 137January 14, 2022 8:18 AM

You’re a dumbass for thinking permanent residents and citizens can be deported.

by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2022 8:19 AM

I was a Sampras fan once upon a time, but who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 139January 14, 2022 8:19 AM

R138 you're a dumbass for thinking these alleged rioters that haven't rioted yet and are purely hypothetical are all permanent residents and/or citizens, and therefore calling me a dumbass over what is currently an imaginary situation, much like Novaxx's chances of upholding his title.

by Anonymousreply 140January 14, 2022 8:23 AM

My understanding is that Alex Hawke's godlike powers are unable to be reviewed by the courts. NoVax has no recourse. He is out.

by Anonymousreply 141January 14, 2022 8:24 AM

I hope Rafa wins this year. He only has one AO title.

by Anonymousreply 142January 14, 2022 8:26 AM

Novak has now been booted out of two tourneys -- AO and the US Open for throwing a ball into ball girl's throat by accident.

by Anonymousreply 143January 14, 2022 8:27 AM

"accident"

by Anonymousreply 144January 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Permanent residents (who are not citizens) can still be deported. The hypothetical Serbian rioters better watch themselves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 14, 2022 8:29 AM

He is such a Karen.

by Anonymousreply 146January 14, 2022 8:29 AM

OK...."For throwing a ball in a fit of rage."

by Anonymousreply 147January 14, 2022 8:30 AM

[quote] they're letting him stubbornly stay in Australia in a gray zone and keep spending money on lawyers

We really don’t mind. It’s no trouble at all.

by Anonymousreply 148January 14, 2022 8:30 AM

R148 If the government loses the case like they did the first time around, they have to pay Djokovic's lawyer fees. So the taxpayer has already had to pay for that. And if they lose again, the taxpayer will have to pick the bill up again.

by Anonymousreply 149January 14, 2022 8:32 AM

will hack Judge Kelly overrule the govt a second time?

we won't find out today but curious to see what he says in a few minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2022 8:34 AM

Good thread on why Novak is unlikely to prevail in his new challenge, if he proceeds with it, and why the taxpayer will not be footing his part of the bill as r149 is so desperately trying to cling to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2022 8:35 AM

There is a betting market up here about whether Djokovic will play at least one point at the AO and currently the odds translate to that people think he has a 30% chance!

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2022 8:35 AM

And your point is, R150?

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2022 8:37 AM

I’m surprised the Aus govt didn’t ask for a different judge

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2022 8:38 AM

Sorry, we had so much money we mistyped R149

by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2022 8:39 AM

R151 That thread says nothing about who picks up the costs. It is a FACT that when Djokovic won his first appeal that the government had to pay his legal fees. I am not 'desperately trying to cling' onto anything - I can't stand Novax and want him out. I am just stating facts.

by Anonymousreply 156January 14, 2022 8:41 AM

R155 yes, we can tell you've been in the "sparkling wine"

by Anonymousreply 157January 14, 2022 8:42 AM

R156 no one denied that he won the first appeal. So...

by Anonymousreply 158January 14, 2022 8:43 AM

Novak is my life partner!

by Anonymousreply 159January 14, 2022 8:43 AM

NoVax's Instagram admission that he knowingly violated COVID protocols after he had (allegedly) tested positive is likely the basis of the second cancellation. He violated protocols before and will again, therefore it is in the best interest of public safety that he be deported. That's my reasoning. He shot himself in the foot and I love that for him.

by Anonymousreply 160January 14, 2022 8:54 AM

R151 good thread and happy to see if Kelly decides to be a hack again, Hawke can re-cancel Djokovic's visa a third time under a separate statute than the one he used this time around

the big question is whether Kelly can grant a temporary injunction and let Djokovic play while the appeal goes through. It'd be even crazier if that happens and then ultimately gets deported during the middle of the tournament

by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2022 8:55 AM

Why did he admit on Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 162January 14, 2022 8:56 AM

R160 Regardless of protocol, Victoria has spiralling no of covid cases

by Anonymousreply 163January 14, 2022 8:57 AM

I'm late to the discussion -- just woke up and saw the good news.

Halle-fucking-lujah!!!

by Anonymousreply 164January 14, 2022 8:59 AM

He should just make a statement and say to avoid further distractions he accepts the decision, he will learn from his actions and wish the other athletes and fans a successful AO. BUT NO, this narcissist will “keep fighting” and find news ways to blame others.

by Anonymousreply 165January 14, 2022 9:01 AM

I keep reading Alex Hawke as Bob Hawke. He would have personally kicked Djokovic’s ass so hard he’d leave Australian airspace.

by Anonymousreply 166January 14, 2022 9:03 AM

YES DEPORT HIS LYING INFECTED ASS......CREEPY ROBOT HE AINTED LOVED.

by Anonymousreply 167January 14, 2022 9:06 AM

Does anyone know why the judge is discussing transferring the case to federal court?

by Anonymousreply 168January 14, 2022 9:14 AM

I wonder what he's going to do now with his nine AO trophies.

by Anonymousreply 169January 14, 2022 9:27 AM

I’d imagine this entire incident puts a freeze on any endorsement deals for him outside of Serbia. The vax issue is now secondary to the dishonesty. For someone always so concerned with the lack support and respect by fans and media, he’s certainly tanked any hope of that improving. He seems to be bogged down by hangers-on instead of having a legit PR and marketing team.

by Anonymousreply 170January 14, 2022 9:37 AM

It's true, he doesn't seem to have good advisors. His crazy parents and wife probably are the ones who advise him, so no wonder. They are probably not vaccinated too since none of his family have come to Australia.

by Anonymousreply 171January 14, 2022 9:41 AM

There's a directions hearing going on now, about what the next steps will be, heard by Judge Kelly.

"@BenRothenberg “Extremely precious, every minute that we have, before the tournament commences on Monday,” says Djokovic’s lawyer, trying to keep things on as fast a track as possible. "

"Djokovic's lawyer says that one of the minister's considerations in ordering Djokovic's visa cancelled was a concern that Djokovic might be "exciting anti-vax sentiment in the event that he's present." Djokovic's history of past statements being held against him, lawyer says."

by Anonymousreply 172January 14, 2022 9:44 AM

Lol R127, uh, he has to PLAY in order to break the record and that seems to be a very tall order for him right now. He’s literally been THROWN OUT of the last two majors. NOBODY wants him to be GOAT.

EVERYONE HATES NOVAX.

by Anonymousreply 173January 14, 2022 9:53 AM

The delusion that some minor league judge can stop a government from deporting someone is real. Lolol.

by Anonymousreply 174January 14, 2022 9:56 AM

Sounds like he'll be back in the detention hotel tomorrow night!

"@sangpillai

Minister’s lawyers aren’t biting. On current instructions Novak will present at immigration offices at 8am tomorrow, be detained thereafter, be escorted to his solicitors’ offices w/ ABF supervision, be taken back to detention overnight, then be brought to the hearing on Sunday."

by Anonymousreply 175January 14, 2022 10:04 AM

He just needs to go home, it’s now getting to be such a cringefest,

by Anonymousreply 176January 14, 2022 10:07 AM

Norway's biggest newspaper is calling him Novax. Lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 14, 2022 10:15 AM

Frenchies are up next. And Macron already has a message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 14, 2022 10:31 AM

I agree with R165, this might be the only way of damage control and harm reduction.

Of course Mr Idiotkovic is too dumb and conceited for acting wisely, so ...

by Anonymousreply 179January 14, 2022 10:37 AM

If there is any justice in the world at all, Novax will get a bad case of long-COVID and have to retire prematurely.

by Anonymousreply 180January 14, 2022 10:38 AM

R180 That's if he even had covid though. I'm still not sure.

by Anonymousreply 181January 14, 2022 10:44 AM

Novax is a deported cunt. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 182January 14, 2022 10:45 AM

Hoping that this decision sticks, best news I’ve had this week!

by Anonymousreply 183January 14, 2022 10:46 AM

If not, r180, I hope he gets it

by Anonymousreply 184January 14, 2022 10:47 AM

Finally some good news.

by Anonymousreply 185January 14, 2022 10:48 AM

Judge just got angry

by Anonymousreply 186January 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Aussie’s pls keep us posted!

by Anonymousreply 187January 14, 2022 11:02 AM

This judge needs to be removed from this situation.

by Anonymousreply 188January 14, 2022 11:28 AM

I feel suspicious about this judge. Does he normally hear cases to 11pm and on a weekend?

It's hard to disagree with a view like this: "Judge Kelly has demonstrated how quickly the levers of the law can be put into motion, when greased with money and fame. This is heartening for those with money and fame, soul destroying for genuine refugees, who have neither, and have been detained for years on end by Australia."

by Anonymousreply 189January 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Djokovic's lawyers with the mafia threat: "We have a genuine concern about security and a potential media circus to be frank"

"It would be just awful if someone's supporters somehow got violent, wouldn't it? We wouldn't want that of course, not us."

by Anonymousreply 190January 14, 2022 11:31 AM

R190 Did he actually say that? Fuck this shit. As if violent supporters are a reason for Novax to stay?! If his supporters are such a big problem it's Novax' responsibility to reign them in. If necessary they can also play with emtpy stadiums. If his braindead supporters are as bad as he claims.

by Anonymousreply 191January 14, 2022 11:36 AM

I’ve listened to both hearings and think Judge Kelly is a fair and capable judge, even though I strongly disagree with his first decision. It’s not some kangaroo court (ha ha). He read today from the regulations for his court, which require him to provide timely and inexpensive access to court, which is why he was willing to be in court that late. And, for those who still suspect him, he ruled that he would be transferring the case to another court due to some procedural thing I didn’t understand, over the objection of Novaxx’s counsel.

by Anonymousreply 192January 14, 2022 11:37 AM

R192 Do you think he would have made a similar ruling for someone with neither money nor fame? You say that you yourself strongly disagree with his first ruling after all. And how come he's able to sit late on Friday and on a weekend for Djokovic but not for people with neither money nor fame?

by Anonymousreply 193January 14, 2022 11:39 AM

How do you know Judge Kelly hasn’t held Friday night hearings for other defendants? I certainly don’t. All I know about him is this case. He seemed very serious about being charged to provide as much and as quick access to the court as he could— as did the Government’s counsel, who agreed to a very quick briefing schedule.

by Anonymousreply 194January 14, 2022 11:42 AM

R194 Sure, please provide me with some examples, because I can't find any.

by Anonymousreply 195January 14, 2022 11:44 AM

You are the one who said

[quote] And how come he's able to sit late on Friday and on a weekend for Djokovic but not for people with neither money nor fame?

So what are you referencing there?

by Anonymousreply 196January 14, 2022 11:46 AM

R196, yeah, you can't provide any examples.

by Anonymousreply 197January 14, 2022 11:49 AM

Love his new name: Djokobitch.

by Anonymousreply 198January 14, 2022 11:56 AM

Idiotkovic

Jokekovic

Djocovid

Djokobitch

by Anonymousreply 199January 14, 2022 12:09 PM

R199 Saw a good name on Twitter: Novax Djocovid.

by Anonymousreply 200January 14, 2022 12:12 PM

Confirmed: Djokovic's half will be played on Monday. So he needs to get the appeal won before Monday. Or maybe get the Serbian opponent to withdraw so that he gets a walkover like someone said earlier.

by Anonymousreply 201January 14, 2022 12:16 PM

It's hilarious how a man who's obsessed with his media coverage never considered how the jokes would write themselves if he came out as anti-vaxx.

by Anonymousreply 202January 14, 2022 12:17 PM

^He's a dumb, obnoxious cunt who thinks he's off limits no matter what, that is why.

by Anonymousreply 203January 14, 2022 12:22 PM

There are refugees stuck in detention hotels for years. You can bet your life Justice Kelly hasn't held 11 pm or weekend hearings for them. He's either star-struck or had his palm greased.

by Anonymousreply 204January 14, 2022 12:48 PM

Unfortunately, despite living in Monte Carlo, NoVax has publically done a lot in Serbia to earn unquestioned loyalty. He's basically treated like a king, and since his nutty family handle a lot lf his business affairs, he's come to believe he can do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 205January 14, 2022 12:58 PM

R205 Serbs are nutters when it comes to their compatriots.

They could do the dumbest thing imaginable and they'd still get support from fellow Serbs just because they're Serbs. Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 206January 14, 2022 1:02 PM

Here’s the new judge to whom supposedly-villainous Judge Kelly transferred the case. If any Australians know why the case moved courts, I’d be really interested to know. Novax’s counsel opposed that idea (seemingly due to timing issues) and the Government did not request it, but didn’t oppose it either. This tweet also contains the link for watching this hearing when it happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 14, 2022 1:41 PM

R207 Because Judge Kelly is an idiot who wanted to let Djokovic off but wimped out in the end because his bias would be too obvious and he may have even faced a judicial investigation for it. So in the end he decided to pass the buck onto someone else.

by Anonymousreply 208January 14, 2022 1:51 PM

The colossal waste of resources for this one deportation case is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 209January 14, 2022 2:04 PM

Its a no-win situation for Novax. He is a lying entitled jackass no matter what. Even if he truly had a positive covid test (and thats an if because the german newspaper presented evidence and pretty much didnt think so even if they couldnt outright say it), he had been running around without a mask and acting like it was a regular day. He lied in Australia on his travel declaration. He lied and entered Spain without a vaccine or applying for exemption. The longer this drags on, more evidence of his assholery is being uncovered. But he is a stubborn idiot. Dumb people who are delusional about their intelligence are truly the worst.

by Anonymousreply 210January 14, 2022 2:13 PM

I'm having some difficulty understanding why he's making such a hard stand here. Is this now more about being an anti-vax Covid warrior than the AO ?

by Anonymousreply 211January 14, 2022 2:22 PM

Dirty Balkans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 14, 2022 2:29 PM

R211 Anti-vaxxers think they are fighting a righteous war and therefore never back down. Djokobitch thinks he’s a martyr.

by Anonymousreply 213January 14, 2022 2:31 PM

I want to see the local Serbs in OZ go on a riot and cause mayhem like the other day and all in the name of Novak.

It'll further alienate the public form him.

by Anonymousreply 214January 14, 2022 2:35 PM

r111, yeah he s so unpopular before this display of his true character. We KNEW it before. Now he let it out so the entire world gets to see it.

He fucked up. He should have done a Tennys and just skipped it, or got the jab.

by Anonymousreply 215January 14, 2022 2:35 PM

Novax is also generally a spoilt brat, not amenable to compromise or ever admitting mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 216January 14, 2022 2:40 PM

And he had the temerity to attack Naomi Osaka for "not following the rules"?

by Anonymousreply 217January 14, 2022 2:51 PM

Even if Novax wins his court case, I think the Minister can just continually revoke his visa and send him in and out of the court each time.

The Minister probably has a host of different reasons to use each time he revokes his visa. He just uses a new one each time till the tournament is over.

by Anonymousreply 218January 14, 2022 2:51 PM

Judge Kelly never passed a buck unless he put two in his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 219January 14, 2022 2:58 PM

Ami Stewart singing about DLers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 14, 2022 3:00 PM

Joker really needs to cut his losses. He fucked up. Maybe should have tried it and then just left like Renata did. Now others that saw no reason to dislike him and were just, he's a great player all think he is a jerk now.

But he knows his chances are slipping. Rafa be ready for French, Federer last chance at Wimby. Then he fucks up at US Open as usually, by end of 2022, the underling men are catching up as he is getting older and he will have a new generation to be competitive with. This is his best chance to get the record and he blew it by not getting the jab and if he gets banned, he can say good bye to his winningest one.

by Anonymousreply 221January 14, 2022 3:18 PM

R221

Yay, he really shot himself in the foot. Amazing that he won't get the vaccine. Someone as healthy as he is wouldn't be affected that much.

by Anonymousreply 222January 14, 2022 3:20 PM

Because Judge Kelly is an idiot who wanted to let Djokovic off but wimped out in the end because his bias would be too obvious and he may have even faced a judicial investigation for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 14, 2022 3:23 PM

Unless, R222, he is on PEDs and has discovered that the components of the vaccine contraindicate whatever the PEDs are already doing to his system.

by Anonymousreply 224January 14, 2022 3:24 PM

R211, in the first place, it's because he's a lying, obnoxious, conceited POS.

Then it's because he's a lying, conceited, obnoxious anti vaxxer thinking he's off-limits and above anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 225January 14, 2022 3:29 PM

R222 PED = Penis enlargement drugs?

by Anonymousreply 226January 14, 2022 3:40 PM

R206 you know nothing about Serbia.

A part of them is ready to die for him and they are visible in media, but the others not so much. I have read comments on most popular Serbian site these days and they are very divided. Lots of die hard provaxx people like you here that are angry at him for not being vaccinated and people who think he disgraced Serbia. Then there are those objective who don't think he is much of a hero, but that Australian politicians have behaved like idiots, allowing an exemption for the AO profit sake, then taking it back after public reaction in pre-elections time. And in the end there are die hard fans and nationalist "all the world against us". And the discussion is very intense there not the sheer harmony as here on DL.

So, they seem more diverse and democratic lot then you on this thread who are unified in North Korean fashion.

by Anonymousreply 227January 14, 2022 3:40 PM

New twist: Novak creates more hatred for himself because of AO draw.

Once he's deported (pretty likely he won't win his appeal), the AO draw will have to be redone and organizers and players are not happy.

"The time for deporting him was before the draw," says one official.

I imagine that players spend time watching videos of their potential opponents, figure out strategy etc. once they know the draw. They won't be able to do that now

by Anonymousreply 228January 14, 2022 3:42 PM

Hahahahaha, the South Slavic anti vaxxer is back at R227

by Anonymousreply 229January 14, 2022 3:43 PM

Why would the draw have to be redone? His opponent just gets a walkover, same as if he were injured or sick and had to withdraw.

I don't care how inconvenienced Tennis Australia is. They caused this problem in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 230January 14, 2022 3:45 PM

R228 I don't think they have to redo the draw. Either his opponent will have a BYE (walkover) or a wildcard will step into the Novax slot.

by Anonymousreply 231January 14, 2022 3:46 PM

No, R226, Prick Entitlement Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 232January 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Craig Tilley made his own bed and now he can sleep in it.

by Anonymousreply 233January 14, 2022 3:50 PM

It is no surprise that a crazy anti-vaxxer family would think that this is the hill they would want to die on when playing in the most important tournament of his career is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 234January 14, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]...a crazy anti-vaxxer family

I should have added "entitled" to that.

by Anonymousreply 235January 14, 2022 4:15 PM

IF Novax Djocovid does get to play, expect a huge hissy fit from him the second he loses. Possible excuses: not enough practice time, disruption of his pre-tournament routine, being the victim of intentional distractions, and so on.... His absolute screeching and hissing will be over the top. His anger issues will explode all over the court.

by Anonymousreply 236January 14, 2022 4:25 PM

I am not a tennis buff, hence was unfamiliar with this guy.

What I am familiar with is visa issues having lived in Australia (as a non-citizen). From experience, I know Australia takes this stuff VERY seriously. You don’t mess around with coming in and out of the country. Especially during a global pandemic.

That said, after watching this guy on clips, reading all about this case, and following his stunts on interviews and the US Open, have come to the same conclusion as a poster above: he may win games, but he is a LOATHSOME creature. His legacy - regardless of his stance on vaccines - will be cemented as NoVax Djoker.

In light of all I have seen and heard. regarding other “regular” individuals’ residency issues, statuses and difficulties just being in the country of Australia; may this cretin be deported from Oz and not return for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 237January 14, 2022 4:32 PM

Serbia has a lesbian prime minister who is totally in the pocket of the opportunistic, authoritarian-adjacent president of the country. A quasi-democracy at best (like so many other countries these days).

by Anonymousreply 238January 14, 2022 4:35 PM

If only I had such lovely stupid little sheeps like Dlers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Have Australian authorities considered allowing him to play, and then vaxxing him with a blow dart?

by Anonymousreply 240January 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Hi anti vaxxer idiot @ R239. Where have you been? Crying for your hero?

by Anonymousreply 241January 14, 2022 4:37 PM

Just because every sane person in the world disagrees with you does not mean there’s a conspiracy against you.

It means your position is so stupid that no sane person can do anything other than mock you.

by Anonymousreply 242January 14, 2022 4:40 PM

Or it can be that you lot are jealous of any youngish man with firm body who can still get it up R242

by Anonymousreply 243January 14, 2022 4:43 PM

Not likely. He’s diseased trash like you.

by Anonymousreply 244January 14, 2022 4:44 PM

But still a trash that can get it up unlike you old dears

by Anonymousreply 245January 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Ah, DL's South Slavic anti vax idiot is back @ R243, his grammar gives him away.

by Anonymousreply 246January 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Is that really the best you can do?

Your brain fog is getting terrible.

Enjoy being diseased trash the rest of your (probably short) life. Meanwhile, I’ll still be “getting it up” while you’re choking on your own phlegm

by Anonymousreply 247January 14, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote] Or it can be that you lot are jealous of any youngish man with firm body who can still get it up [R242]

Not R242, but the guy looks like (an ugly, used) Q-Tip.

And he looks decades older than his genuine age.

by Anonymousreply 248January 14, 2022 4:49 PM

NoVax doesn’t get to play by his own rules; despite the fact that he demonstrates repeatedly, he should.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 14, 2022 5:19 PM

R247 Uh, must have touched the nerve. The rage. It is not nice wishing someone death just because he suggested you might be limp.

by Anonymousreply 250January 14, 2022 5:26 PM

For those who want to follow the next court hearing:

Federal Court of Australia @fedcourtau

Novak Djokovic v Minister for Immigration has been transferred from the @FCFCOA to the Federal Court of Australia. The hearing listed before Justice O’Callaghan at 10:15am AEDT tomorrow, Sat 15 Jan 2022, will be live streamed on our YouTube channel FederalCourtAus

by Anonymousreply 251January 14, 2022 5:31 PM

I’m not wishing you death, you brain fogged moron. I’m just pointing out that it’s inevitable that there will come a time when you are choking on your own phlegm. And I’ll still be “getting it up”, long after you’re dead.

Once again, the only argument you diseased pigs have is “you’re so mean!” Said no doubt while stamping your little foot.

by Anonymousreply 252January 14, 2022 5:31 PM

Diseased trash like you are much more likely to have trouble getting it up than a healthy eldergay is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 14, 2022 5:34 PM

How are the twats over on ESPN dealing with this situation?

Any tears from Mary Jo or Chris Evert?

by Anonymousreply 254January 14, 2022 5:37 PM

Yes, what R253 said. I think we can safely assume that NoVax's recent bout with corona has left him impotent and raging with frustration that he can't get a boner. Unfortunately, there may be no cure for this problem. He should have gotten the vaccine!

by Anonymousreply 255January 14, 2022 5:39 PM

R253 and R255 you really like Pfizer's products, do you?

by Anonymousreply 256January 14, 2022 5:43 PM

[quote] [R253] and [R255] you really like Pfizer's products, do you?

Not either of the posters, but there are other choices than Pfizer.

Yet, the choice to put many a person on the vent is not one that most willingly or jubilantly make.

Covid has knocked many out: much more than DijoCovid.

And when choosing between going on the vent (and/or having Long Haul Covid) the vaccine comes out ahead every time. Even among “anti-vaxxers” who cry and scream for it before going on the vent.

Unfortunately it’s too late by that point.

by Anonymousreply 257January 14, 2022 5:52 PM

R255 Nicki Minaj heard the opposite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 14, 2022 5:53 PM

Do we have a Pfizer troll?

by Anonymousreply 259January 14, 2022 5:53 PM

Yea right, Pfizer troll, as if you oldies aren't addicted to Pfizer products.

by Anonymousreply 260January 14, 2022 5:55 PM

[quote]addicted to Pfizer products.

Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 261January 14, 2022 5:59 PM

R261, our anti vax idiot from the former Yugoslavia alludes to Pfizer's blue pill.

He's pretty much obsessed with "getting it up" today.

by Anonymousreply 262January 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Also, his brain fog is acting up, so he’s getting incoherent

by Anonymousreply 263January 14, 2022 6:07 PM

asshole!

by Anonymousreply 264January 14, 2022 6:10 PM

The hearing is going to start at 6:30 PM US Eastern time. It’s 6 AM there now so we may start seeing some scenes; I think Novax was supposed to go in for his interview at 8 AM his time.

by Anonymousreply 265January 14, 2022 6:12 PM

Wtf that troll is insane.

by Anonymousreply 266January 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Where are the riots from Serbs that his visa has been cancelled again? Has the Serbian Trump issued another threat of literal warfare?

by Anonymousreply 267January 14, 2022 7:07 PM

We’ll see if the lawyers and court were successfully able to find a more private spot for Novax’s immigration interview, after the Govt read the address out during the hearing. Of course, I could see Pop Djocovid leaking the location to the fans.

by Anonymousreply 268January 14, 2022 7:08 PM

R267 Djokovic isn't in detention tonight; I would expect they'll start up again when he's in the detention hotel.

by Anonymousreply 269January 14, 2022 7:11 PM

If I was on the verge of breaking the record for most grand slams won, I would cooperate. What a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 270January 14, 2022 7:15 PM

He knows that he's beatable at the other slams and this is his best shot at the record in '22.

by Anonymousreply 271January 14, 2022 7:17 PM

He's entitled and deluded enough to think he's off limits, R270.

by Anonymousreply 272January 14, 2022 7:18 PM

I wonder if any of this would have happened if he’d won the US Open.

by Anonymousreply 273January 14, 2022 7:19 PM

He is a thinner version of Trump. He has lied his ass off, broken the rules, spouted bullshit and thinks he's above the law. Both think that the court will be corrupt enough to hand them what they want.

by Anonymousreply 274January 14, 2022 7:22 PM

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

by Anonymousreply 275January 14, 2022 7:24 PM

I retired YEARS ago, r275

by Anonymousreply 276January 14, 2022 7:27 PM

Nofuck

by Anonymousreply 277January 14, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote] It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

Or until the Q-tip loses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 14, 2022 7:32 PM

I'm a fat lady, R275, and I'm singing "Don't Look Back In Anger" for you.

by Anonymousreply 279January 14, 2022 7:37 PM

He looks sort of inbred.

Is incest a thing among Serbs or is it just his parents that might be too closely related?

by Anonymousreply 280January 14, 2022 7:38 PM

If he can’t play, they will move some of the seeds around. On Tennis Channel they said they number five seed Rublev will move into Djokovic’s slot.

by Anonymousreply 281January 14, 2022 7:46 PM

THere's actually a fix for Novak's withdraw. It's complicated. But I believe Rublev (seeded 7th) takes Novaxx's slot. At least, I read that on a tennis forum I frequent. I can't remember the other specifics.

by Anonymousreply 282January 14, 2022 7:59 PM

the sadder part is we're not getting rid of him. When he does finally retire from tennis, I fully expect him to get into politics and in less than 20 years become the President of Serbia.

meanwhile the current Serbian President is acting a fool just like Djokovic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 14, 2022 8:05 PM

Craig Tilley hasn't tweeted since Jan 3 lol

he must be crying at his ruined draw! I wish a reporter could track him down and get a statement

I knew the Aussie govt wanted to fuck him over for starting this mess with Djokovic they clearly colluded for him to try and break the rules but it has backfired massively

by Anonymousreply 284January 14, 2022 8:12 PM

You know we can all can hate on Djokovic which he rightly deserves but can we stop bashing Serbians ? Not every one is same. It's like other countries bashing Americans because of Trump and his highly loud supporters.

by Anonymousreply 285January 14, 2022 8:17 PM

^^^ Which is what you’ve been doing all week R285.

by Anonymousreply 286January 14, 2022 8:18 PM

R284, Tilley was stone-faced during the draw ceremony and refused to take any questions from the press. Until after this is all over (and probably after he's been fired), I don't think he'll be granting any interviews or making any statements other than what his immediate job duties require. He's on the thinnest of ice.

by Anonymousreply 287January 14, 2022 8:21 PM

Tiley was only doing his job in getting the best player on the Open.

by Anonymousreply 288January 14, 2022 8:24 PM

^ LOL

by Anonymousreply 289January 14, 2022 8:25 PM

^ok, anti vaxx cunt

by Anonymousreply 290January 14, 2022 8:26 PM

[quote] You know we can all can hate on Djokovic which he rightly deserves but can we stop bashing Serbians ? Not every one is same. It's like other countries bashing Americans because of Trump and his highly loud supporters.

Indeed. Having said that, it is more than just NoVax alone. It is his father, his mother, his “inept” assistant that misled the Oz officials on immigration documents (or so NoVax says). It is his wife. It is the Serbian President. It is the Serbian/Balkan nutter here that keeps attacking posters in defense of Djoker.

In sum, it’s more than a few nutball cases with ties to Serbia. And while a country is more than it’s nutballs (as you’ve stated in regards to Trump), where there is smoke there is fire.

I’ve never been to Serbia or the Balkans, but following this episode I have no desire to go anywhere near the place. It sounds like a backwater nightmare. And I say that as an American who knows that there are many individuals in the USA who are (mentally and otherwise) sick. Short of a handful of states, I’d be happy to never set foot in them again (having experienced 49 out of the 50 states).

Having lived in the South Pacific, it was more sane than my experience here. I hope Oz kicks NoVax in the arse so hard, he never returns.

The guy needs a comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 291January 14, 2022 8:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 14, 2022 8:37 PM

In an effort to balance out all the horrible things with the Djokoviches and their supporters, I thought of one good thing from Serbia. Cute little lesbian Marija Serifovic sings the absolute fuck out of this song and wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 14, 2022 8:38 PM

r286 I am an American who lives in California. I am also a POC, fwiw

by Anonymousreply 294January 14, 2022 8:44 PM

r291 Agree with what you said. But this isn't limited to this case, DLers have this habit of blaming an entire country, city, race, continent because of one person's actions. And it's not right.

by Anonymousreply 295January 14, 2022 8:47 PM

There have been plenty of charming, humble and sane Serbian tennis players: Monica Seles, Ana Ivanovic, Daniel Nestor, Laslo Djere, Miomir Kecmanovic, Filip Krajinovic, Dusan Lajovic, many others. Djokovic achieved his level of assholery independently, regardless of geography.

by Anonymousreply 296January 14, 2022 9:02 PM

Here's the government's argument (archived to bypass paywall)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 14, 2022 9:17 PM

How can it be a public health risk when the no of cases are spiralling daily with or without Novak ?

by Anonymousreply 298January 14, 2022 9:23 PM

At this point, it’s about the fraud

by Anonymousreply 299January 14, 2022 9:25 PM

If you read the linked article R298 the government is arguing that as a high profile antivaxxer his continued presence in Australia could insight a repeat of earlier antivax demonstrations in Australia, which became super spreader events.

by Anonymousreply 300January 14, 2022 9:27 PM

There have been many anti vax demo in the past. He’s not going to change anyone’s mind

by Anonymousreply 301January 14, 2022 9:30 PM

He will if he catches Covid and spreads it to others—brain fog is one of the long-term effects.

by Anonymousreply 302January 14, 2022 9:32 PM

Thanks for that, R297.

Any Australian legal Eagles here who can weigh in on the government’s argument?

I get it: NoVax has not played by the rules and should never have entered Australia. His defiant stance could potentially flame public tensions further.

Wasn’t it stated that 84% of the Australian public was in favour of his deportation?

The guy hypocritically tells others (aka Naomi Osaka) to play by the rules, then he, himself, flagrantly disregards them.

If he does not possess the decency to remove himself, then, he should be persona non grata: both in Oz and in the tennis world.

What a complete self-own and idiot.

For all those others who have flaunted Australian immigration rules, they are NOT receiving the gloved-hand treatment by Oz officials. I know this from experience.

by Anonymousreply 303January 14, 2022 9:34 PM

Maybe he might give Aussies the Jack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 14, 2022 9:34 PM

Why not just hold him to the same rules others are held to?

by Anonymousreply 305January 14, 2022 9:34 PM

He admitted on Instagram that he knowingly violated COVID protocols after he tested positive. He's a threat to do it again. Pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 306January 14, 2022 9:35 PM

I guarantee that his lawyers had no idea that he was going to post that on Instagram. He is... not bright.

by Anonymousreply 307January 14, 2022 9:38 PM

Oh, come on I bet you had your share of spreading diseases back in the day too. You seem a lot the type: In youth a whore in old age a saint.

by Anonymousreply 308January 14, 2022 9:43 PM

I was smart enough to be vaccinated, so no.

by Anonymousreply 309January 14, 2022 9:46 PM

while we wait, please enjoy some of Serbia's finest

this woman is 1 of Serbia's biggest pop stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 14, 2022 9:56 PM

If he were to change his mind and ask to be vaccinated would he then be allowed to play?

by Anonymousreply 311January 14, 2022 9:58 PM

This was a star from your time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 14, 2022 10:00 PM

More Oliver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 14, 2022 10:07 PM

R311 He can’t be vaxxed if just tested positive

by Anonymousreply 314January 14, 2022 10:10 PM

Should I even ask why this idiot didn't get his shots in the first place? Does he believe the vaccine uploads software into your DNA or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 315January 14, 2022 10:13 PM

R315 He’s not a sheep

by Anonymousreply 316January 14, 2022 10:15 PM

No, he's a weasel.

by Anonymousreply 317January 14, 2022 10:16 PM

Weasel is such a cute animal.

by Anonymousreply 318January 14, 2022 10:17 PM

He's an idiot, just like you are, R316 aka anti vaxx moron.

by Anonymousreply 319January 14, 2022 10:18 PM

Not that there is something wrong with sheep, of course.

by Anonymousreply 320January 14, 2022 10:19 PM

link to Novaxx’s current court hearing (different judge this time, Federal Court.) Supposed to start at 6:15 eastern time, i.e. now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 14, 2022 10:20 PM

R318 Yeah, he's a lying sewer rat

by Anonymousreply 322January 14, 2022 10:21 PM

lmao almost 11,000 watching the youtube channel already

by Anonymousreply 323January 14, 2022 10:21 PM

OOh, the suspense of it!

by Anonymousreply 324January 14, 2022 10:22 PM

R322 You already call Timothee Chalamet a rat boy.

by Anonymousreply 325January 14, 2022 10:22 PM

interesting this federal judge isn't wearing the robe that Kelly wore

by Anonymousreply 326January 14, 2022 10:22 PM

"@karenlsweeney

To answer some questions - today is purely a procedural hearing ahead of tomorrow's final hearing. I'm expecting Justice O'Callaghan will confirm the transfer of the case to the Federal Court and some of the orders made last night around deadlines for filing documents."

by Anonymousreply 327January 14, 2022 10:23 PM

Will there be tears and swearing ? Only then I will watch the live video

by Anonymousreply 328January 14, 2022 10:24 PM

R326 What is the colour of judge's robe? I don't have a color TV here on Balkans.

by Anonymousreply 329January 14, 2022 10:25 PM

R326 It’s a different court.

by Anonymousreply 330January 14, 2022 10:26 PM

he's wearing a suit, not a robe

and the lawyers aren't wearing those silly robes either like they were in the last hearing with Kelly. All have suits on

by Anonymousreply 331January 14, 2022 10:26 PM

Different court / different dress code R326.

by Anonymousreply 332January 14, 2022 10:27 PM

R329, you already know what television is?!? Cool!

by Anonymousreply 333January 14, 2022 10:27 PM

Is Kelly from that film with Mick Jagger?

by Anonymousreply 334January 14, 2022 10:29 PM

Wtf, Djoker might get a full bench of judges tomorrow? I cannot believe the special treatment he is getting.

by Anonymousreply 335January 14, 2022 10:29 PM

R335, I hope he gets the special treatment he so truly deserves.

by Anonymousreply 336January 14, 2022 10:32 PM

They are going to roll out the red carpet for this rich, white man. Right before they boot him to the tarmac. Judge Anthony Kelly will carry his luggage.

by Anonymousreply 337January 14, 2022 10:33 PM

[quote] Wtf, Djoker might get a full bench of judges tomorrow? I cannot believe the special treatment he is getting.

Pretty infuriating.

Aussie lawyers, where are you to give us your take?!

by Anonymousreply 338January 14, 2022 10:33 PM

When asked if courts work on Sunday, an Aussie lawyer said this on twitter: "It’s very rare for them to do so. When asked a few hours ago I couldn’t recall a time when it had happened."

by Anonymousreply 339January 14, 2022 10:35 PM

Aussies threatening to walk all over him

by Anonymousreply 340January 14, 2022 10:38 PM

Oh, to have that rich, white, male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 341January 14, 2022 10:39 PM

so it's normally 1 judge and the losing side often appeals which then triggers the full 3 court bench to hear it. Djokovic's lawyers want to skip the 1 judge ruling to save time obviously because they're trying to get the ruling over before the AO begins

the government lawyers want the normal 1 judge hearing first

by Anonymousreply 342January 14, 2022 10:39 PM

The threat of Aussies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 14, 2022 10:40 PM

*full 3 judge bench

by Anonymousreply 344January 14, 2022 10:40 PM

After he gave them the Jack

by Anonymousreply 345January 14, 2022 10:42 PM

Some wild guys these Aussies.

by Anonymousreply 346January 14, 2022 10:43 PM

Bon Scott was much better than Brian Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 347January 14, 2022 10:46 PM

The hearing will begin at 9.30am AEDT tomorrow, Sunday January 16. Bring the popcorn, it's going to be wild whatever the result.

by Anonymousreply 348January 14, 2022 10:46 PM

Did you listen to AC/DC back in the day, guys?

by Anonymousreply 349January 14, 2022 10:46 PM

Can someone bring me up to speed?

by Anonymousreply 350January 14, 2022 10:48 PM

Who gives a shit about this story? I am really baffled by why it is getting such a ridiculous amount of press.

Throw the scofflaw out of the tournament, and that's that.

by Anonymousreply 351January 14, 2022 10:50 PM

No, R349 aka anti-vaxxer from former Yugoslavia.

But I listen to some Balkanic pop music, so zaveži, ti prkno.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 14, 2022 10:52 PM

Hm, I have the idea that you never heard of AC/DC. I respect you eldergays in many way, but you were silly in your musical taste.

by Anonymousreply 353January 14, 2022 10:54 PM

What's going on now?

by Anonymousreply 354January 14, 2022 10:55 PM

ok, taste in music, but still silly

by Anonymousreply 355January 14, 2022 10:56 PM

R354: "Djokovic will now huddle with his lawyers at their offices for several hours, after which it appears that nothing has changed and he must return to the Roach Motel."

There will also be a decision made on the 1 or 3 judges today.

Then tomorrow's hearing.

by Anonymousreply 356January 14, 2022 10:59 PM

The full court of three judges is standard if there is an appeal against the single judge decision tomorrow. The Djokovic team obviously want to jump straight to the full court, anticipating an appeal, and presumably to save time given that the AO starts on Monday. It’s the timing that looks like special treatment, not the procedure. Also, any decision by the full court is final - i.e. it cannot be overruled by the minister.

by Anonymousreply 357January 14, 2022 11:00 PM

OMG, so is he getting kicked out or not? When are we going to know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 358January 14, 2022 11:01 PM

Is the singer at R352 a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 359January 14, 2022 11:02 PM

He is on a highway to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 14, 2022 11:03 PM

R358 scroll up to R356 and R357 - it’s not a long journey.

by Anonymousreply 361January 14, 2022 11:05 PM

Who cares about the singer at 352, the singer at R360 is way hotter.

by Anonymousreply 362January 14, 2022 11:07 PM

If only, R356...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Or rather, was.

by Anonymousreply 364January 14, 2022 11:08 PM

I've visited Serbia (Belgrade, and surrounding monasteries), Kosovo, and the rest of the Balkans. It was great!

That said, I don't see why such a small country has to insist on forever being the most difficult people in Europe.

Vukic, your government requires foreigners to be vaccinated (or have recently recovered from COVID) to enter Serbia, so seriously STFU. You are not making the rest of us feel enthused by your EU accession application right now.

by Anonymousreply 365January 14, 2022 11:08 PM

That said, someone in the Australian government (Victorian, or Federal) probably gave him a nod and a wink that he'd be allowed through, until it became obvious the public wouldn't wear it, so they do get a share of the blame.

by Anonymousreply 366January 14, 2022 11:11 PM

They have Putin up their sleeve, too.

by Anonymousreply 367January 14, 2022 11:11 PM

Can we change gears here for just a minute, please?

While we’re waiting for this stubborn, and guilty prick to get kicked out, does anyone care to share a pic you may have of his dick?

Too soon? Taboo subject? Honestly, I think he’s hot, and definitely on my revolting, hate-fuck list. Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 368January 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Concerned, where are you from?

by Anonymousreply 369January 14, 2022 11:16 PM

Scots-Irish, live in Dublin now. Lived, worked and travelled all over Europe tho (and further afield). R369

by Anonymousreply 370January 14, 2022 11:17 PM

Sorry, but this is NOT HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 14, 2022 11:17 PM

R368 I don't think there's anything confirmed to be him out there but how about this -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 14, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote] Also, any decision by the full court is final - i.e. it cannot be overruled by the minister.

An Aussie journalist commented that the Minister only used one of the potential legal routes to cancel the visa, so that if the court overturns his decision, he could immediate cancel the visa again on a separate grounds.

Judge Kelly is on a lower level of court than is hearing the case now, so it was likely transferred for jurisdictional reasons. I hope this court forces Novax through both the 1 judge review and the 3 judge panel.

by Anonymousreply 373January 14, 2022 11:18 PM

R370 That is why you are different from the rest here. Been in Dublin, nicest people ever.

by Anonymousreply 374January 14, 2022 11:20 PM

He's not hot for a professional athlete. We can speculate to the extent we can blame that on all the steroids (though they haven't done Rafa much harm in the looks department).

Tsitsipas on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 375January 14, 2022 11:21 PM

Hey thanks R374, that's very kind. Dublin is a very nice place but becoming much too gentrified and losing its soul.

Actually I've found when travelling the US, even big cities, that people there were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in me as a foreigner (albeit, a white English-speaking one). I got much more friendly interest than a traveller would get in London, Paris, Berlin or Rome.

by Anonymousreply 376January 14, 2022 11:23 PM

But what makes you so concerned (not that there is not enough reasons)?

by Anonymousreply 377January 14, 2022 11:23 PM

Oh, it's just a throwaway name I chose back when I decided to get a fixed identity on here. I was probably trying to talk up Sanders in the US politics threads, not that that was a good use of my time. I was bored of using 'bluedragon' which is usually my internet name.

by Anonymousreply 378January 14, 2022 11:25 PM

Uhh, R371, whichever line of work you do, or may decide to do, please, for the sake of your clients/ poor argument skills, Do Not consider becoming an attorney.

He’s in a full court press in the pic you posted, and at the height of physical stress and tension.

How do you think you would look in this situation, Mary? Make up and hair intact? Tampon in place?

by Anonymousreply 379January 14, 2022 11:25 PM

R376 Americans made such a mistake for discarding Sanders and getting this mummy they have, I know. And the Vritish with Corbin. Such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 380January 14, 2022 11:27 PM

I'm just here for the drama but there are too many cliffhangers in this story.

by Anonymousreply 381January 14, 2022 11:27 PM

R380 Alas so true. It was so encouraging to see how enthusiastic so many young Americans were for him though. The US has such a long history of radical struggle if you know where to look for it, and perhaps this new generation will rediscover it.

by Anonymousreply 382January 14, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote] That is why you are different from the rest here. Been in Dublin, nicest people ever.

Seconded, R374. Ireland: lovely people and gorgeous topography.

To remain on topic, Serbia is known for being difficult, Concerned? So the actions by Djoker et al. aren’t too out of character?

Tell that poster upthread who jumped on DLers for calling out the country.

Find DLers to be usually perceptive - although can’t speak for them all obviously. This is an interesting subject: have theorized that many here know what it is like to be outside the “system” and as a result, have finely tuned antennae to things that most within the “system” do not.

Also on topic, find NoVax exceptionally hideous. Videos and photos show him to be both unattractive, gangly, and much older -looking than his age. His personality reveals him to be grotesque as others have said above: a gangly Trump.

by Anonymousreply 383January 14, 2022 11:31 PM

And there’ll be hell to pay if decision goes the wrong way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 14, 2022 11:35 PM

R382 Yea to think they had such big struggles for worker's rights and look at them now. State without health insurance and payed parental leave. Hopefully the younger generation will put more efforts in fight for their rights instead of xenophobia and racism, so obvious on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 385January 14, 2022 11:35 PM

Thank you R372 !

That’s him. He’s wearing that same cross I’ve seen in a few pics. Nice basket hanging in those underwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 14, 2022 11:40 PM

I mean, I won't tar all Serbs with the same brush, I have friends who are Serbs. A good proportion of them however are confrontational, aggressive nationalists who have this 'us against the world' mentality. Their government committed plenty of crimes against humanity in the rest of the Balkans during the wars of the 1990s, in the name of a 'greater Serbia'. This is the political background of the current President, though he has moved away from those positions. and I don't think Serbian society has fully faced up to its role during that time yet. Novak did if I recall correctly wear a shirt with 'Kosovo' on it as a signal to these sections of society. They have since tried to make peace with the rest of Europe so they can get a bite of the pie and because they realised Kosovo wasn't ever coming back.

To be fair to Novak though, he did grow up practising his tennis in an empty swimming pool as NATO jets flew overhead dropping bombs on his country, so he's had it much harder than most tennis players.

I'd still recommend all of the former Yugoslavia to interested visitors though: especially Sarajevo in Bosnia if you are one of these people who think every Muslim wants to kill you.

by Anonymousreply 387January 14, 2022 11:41 PM

R386 Found some more pics, with different angles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388January 14, 2022 11:42 PM

I was interested to see they elected a lesbian PM, I didn't see that coming. The Balkans is still a pretty closeted place from what I hear.

by Anonymousreply 389January 14, 2022 11:43 PM

He looks gross.

by Anonymousreply 390January 14, 2022 11:45 PM

R389 That is true, mostly don't ask don't tell here in Croatia.

by Anonymousreply 391January 14, 2022 11:45 PM

Yes R391, and I would say that Croatia is by some distance the closest to Western Europe of the whole region. Loved Dubrovnik and Zagreb when I was there. Split, less so.

by Anonymousreply 392January 14, 2022 11:47 PM

How could anyone have the chutzpah to step on to the AO court, on camera, after exposing themselves to be the world's penultimate fuckwit. He must live in a cocoon of 'yes-men' and have no clue of the fire that awaits him should he step on to the court.

by Anonymousreply 393January 14, 2022 11:47 PM

They need to send him home. The other athletes have been vaccinated. I don't care if he's number one, he's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 394January 14, 2022 11:50 PM

R392 Thank you, I am from Zagreb. You were right about the things you said about Serbia, even though I don't believe that most posters here wants to know anything about Balkans. They feel better about themselves looking at others and thinking that there is bigger trash than them. But I will not draw you in this matter, I see you are a man of peace.

It was nice meeting you, regretfully I think the reasons to remain concerned will persist.

by Anonymousreply 395January 14, 2022 11:52 PM

Tennis is a mental sport, no?

Even if he does make it through to the AO, are there any vaxxed Australian players that could slam him into the ground?

This backing and forthing could be distracting for ND and tip him off the game, no?

Don’t follow tennis so am asking those tennis aficionados who has a chance a beating him?

by Anonymousreply 396January 14, 2022 11:53 PM

Thanks for coming through R388! Nice nut sack. And his cocky attitude makes me want to smack him around a bit more.

- R368 & R386

by Anonymousreply 397January 14, 2022 11:55 PM

Too true R395. We should find another thread to talk about the EU though. I'm curious to know what people from your country and your end of Europe think of the current state of the project.

by Anonymousreply 398January 14, 2022 11:55 PM

If he plays hopefully it will be the spectators that take him off his game by showering him with catcalls and insults.

by Anonymousreply 399January 14, 2022 11:56 PM

Sure. Will you open the thread about it? I know your nick now, I will come.

by Anonymousreply 400January 14, 2022 11:58 PM

I meant R398

by Anonymousreply 401January 14, 2022 11:58 PM

Omg, his lawyers submitted an online reader poll as evidence for why he should stay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 14, 2022 11:59 PM

I'm not a tennis fan, but I do understand his excellence. But I am so Goddamn tired of looking at him on TV. Shut up already. There are far more important things to report on. And fuck him for not being vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 403January 15, 2022 12:00 AM

^ This just keeps getting more and more surreal.

The guy has moved from a delusional twat now to a narcissistic sociopath.

His downfall is coming: one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 404January 15, 2022 12:02 AM

One of the frustrating things about Novax is he seems to run on hatred a bit. If he makes it through to play in the AO he’ll show up like some kind of tennis Terminator.

by Anonymousreply 405January 15, 2022 12:05 AM

R400 Done.

Not sure what the point of this is for Novak, since with all this press attention he has absolutely destroyed his chances of being admitted to any other tennis tournament in pretty much any country for the rest of the pandemic now.

by Anonymousreply 406January 15, 2022 12:06 AM

[quote] One of the frustrating things about Novax is he seems to run on hatred a bit. If he makes it through to play in the AO he’ll show up like some kind of tennis Terminator.

He is a gangly Trump, then!

by Anonymousreply 407January 15, 2022 12:10 AM

Gotta love the Aussies!

As much as they don’t appreciate NoVax, they like Scotty from Marketing even less! Haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 15, 2022 12:14 AM

^^Maybe Scotty can go back to Hawaii?

(Remember he snuck out there when Oz was on fire in 2019?)

by Anonymousreply 409January 15, 2022 12:16 AM

R397 The posters here are too old for this. They are bunch of grumpy grannies that last got laid when Franz Ferdinand was shot by Serbs in Sarajevo. They just clutch the pearls these days.

by Anonymousreply 410January 15, 2022 12:26 AM

It’s very amusing how the diseased trolls think “not dying young in a stupid way” is somehow an insult.

by Anonymousreply 411January 15, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote]The posters here are too old for this. They are bunch of grumpy grannies that last got laid when Franz Ferdinand was shot by Serbs in Sarajevo. They just clutch the pearls these days.

Or they are young and find NoVax repellent.

In short, they have taste and discretion.

(ND looks like a goon.)

by Anonymousreply 412January 15, 2022 12:37 AM

R412 - Never divulge you are a Millennial. 🚫

- Tasteful elder, who thinks Novak is an asshole, but a somewhat hot asshole.

by Anonymousreply 413January 15, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] The hearing will begin at 9.30am AEDT tomorrow, Sunday January 16.

What's that in American?

by Anonymousreply 414January 15, 2022 1:39 AM

New York State demands athletes are vaxed so how does this guy expect to play in the US Open?

by Anonymousreply 415January 15, 2022 1:48 AM

If only there was a way to look up this information R414.

by Anonymousreply 416January 15, 2022 1:48 AM

R14 Pacific 6pm - Eastern 9pm

by Anonymousreply 417January 15, 2022 1:49 AM

Religious people exemption! Tee hee!

by Anonymousreply 418January 15, 2022 1:53 AM

R415 Good question - also the US currently requires people to be vaccinated to fly in and they don't have exemptions for getting covid for anyone. Djokovic will be hoping that'll have changed by the time September rolls around but it looks likely he won't be able to play Indian Wells and Miami in March because of that.

by Anonymousreply 419January 15, 2022 1:54 AM

Novac looks inbred - his eyes are too close together and his chin is very weak. I'm guessing his father and mother are related.

by Anonymousreply 420January 15, 2022 1:54 AM

Emotions running high outside his lawyer’s office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 15, 2022 3:55 AM

Fan girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 15, 2022 3:55 AM

per BBC Djokovic is back at the same basic, drab quarantine hotel that he was kept in during his first detention lol He's stuck in 1 room and cannot leave the hotel

by Anonymousreply 423January 15, 2022 4:10 AM

yes! someone snapped a pic of him in the car on the way to the hotel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 15, 2022 4:12 AM

R414 9:30 AM in Oz is 5:30 PM EST

by Anonymousreply 425January 15, 2022 4:37 AM

Ha ha, Djoker has been taken back to Roach Motel. Now in detention again.

Just waiting for the local Serbs to riot.

by Anonymousreply 426January 15, 2022 4:59 AM

What psychological disorder would we say Novax Djokerbitch has? Sociopathy? Psychopathy? Megalomania?

by Anonymousreply 427January 15, 2022 5:18 AM

Djoker has entitlemania.

A severe condition of an all pervasive sense of entitlement.

A painful condition relieved only by a rigid regime of anti psychotic drugs to relieve the symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 428January 15, 2022 5:30 AM

Will you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 15, 2022 5:51 AM

There are anti vaxxers in the government ranks. Deport them too ?

by Anonymousreply 430January 15, 2022 6:24 AM

Sure, if they're unvaccinated, in the government ranks of other countries, and weasel their way in under false pretenses.

by Anonymousreply 431January 15, 2022 6:36 AM

I meant Aussie government ranks

by Anonymousreply 432January 15, 2022 6:52 AM

shocker!

Djokovic's lawyers get their wish and they'll skip the 1 judge ruling

they'll go straight to the full 3 judge bench

so if it goes Djokovic's way he could still play the next day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 15, 2022 6:56 AM

If he somehow is allowed to play, I'm going to need everyone in Melbourne to surround all his courts, his practice locations, his hotel, his locker room, and his press conferences and just boo the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 434January 15, 2022 7:05 AM

[quote] There are anti vaxxers in the government ranks. Deport them too ?

Australian citizens cannot be deported. You know that, so don't be daft.

Novak Djokovic is not a citizen of Australia, so he can be deported.

by Anonymousreply 435January 15, 2022 7:10 AM

Aussies, what about The Tall Poppy Cutdown? Is it still embedded in your psyches?

What do you think the likelihood of the courts is of allowing him to stay?

The Australian government has already shown him enormous privilege which he gobbles up like a true sociopath.

(And with his attack on the linesman in the US Open, he may be a psychopath as well....)

by Anonymousreply 436January 15, 2022 7:18 AM

If this ends up with Djokovic in Laver Arena, then it'll be difficult not to believe that the Oz government is just as corrupt as elsewhere, posturing justice while marionettes to the almighty dollar, playing us for fools.

by Anonymousreply 437January 15, 2022 7:30 AM

This will not end!!

Ugh. What a roller coaster.

by Anonymousreply 438January 15, 2022 8:30 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if he got covid?

by Anonymousreply 439January 15, 2022 8:40 AM

since the hearing begins at 9:30 AM local time I hope the ruling comes by the afternoon at the latest.

Djokovic's half of the draw will play on Monday so it's not going to be fair to all the other players with shuffled around opponents. Right now a handful of players have to prepare to play 2 different opponents depending on whether Djokovic is officially out of or still in the tournament. If the ruling comes by the afternoon they'll have just under 24 hours to practice for their official opponent. If the judges don't rule until the evening they'll have very little time. Practicing with strategy for who you're going to play could be quite tricky if the 2 possibilities are for example a lefty baseliner and a righty serve & volleyer.

So Djokovic's outright selfishness in continually appealing his visa cancelations is hurting all of the affected players. Think about it-Djokovic is the only one of the affected players who knows exactly which guy he's playing. He's either playing Kecmanovic or he's not playing at all. He doesn't care though that a handful of other players have to stress until the last minute who they're going to possibly face

I am laughing though at Tilley who can't make an order of play for Monday until the ruling. He can get the women's schedule ready but not the men's since the draw will change if Djokovic is finally kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 440January 15, 2022 8:48 AM

[quote] There have been plenty of charming, humble and sane Serbian tennis players: [bold] Monica Seles[/bold] , Ana Ivanovic, Daniel Nestor, Laslo Djere, Miomir Kecmanovic, Filip Krajinovic, Dusan Lajovic, many others. Djokovic achieved his level of assholery independently, regardless of geography.

Excusze me. I (giggle) prefer to think (giggle) of myself as (giggle) Hungarian. Or even (giggle) American which I have been for over 25 years (giggle) now.

In the name of the Father, the Daughter and the Holy Groundstrokes, aaaahhhh eeeeeeeeehhh..

by Anonymousreply 441January 15, 2022 9:07 AM

Since the judge agreed to 3 judges, does this mean he's inclined to approve his visa too? I have a bad feeling. I think Novax will be able to play. I hope he's booed into oblivion if that happens.

by Anonymousreply 442January 15, 2022 10:05 AM

[quote] Since the judge agreed to 3 judges, does this mean he's inclined to approve his visa too?

No (well, I’m not a mind reader but not in theory). There’s a principle in the law and judicial theory of trying to avoid harm that’s avoidable and preserve the status quo while cases are pending. This is especially true if the harm is something that can’t be rectified, like the loss of a unique opportunity. The AO is a good example of that: say Novax lost under the 1 judge, then later won under the 3 judges, but because of timing he lost the chance to play in the AO. There’s no amount of money he could be given that would completely repair that loss. So going with the 3-judge panel now is a way for the court to preserve the best chance that it’s not creating unnecessary harm.

by Anonymousreply 443January 15, 2022 10:16 AM

Since the Australian taxpayers are paying for the government’s case/court costs, etc. do they have to pay NoVax’s if he wins?

Does he reimburse Australia if he loses?

by Anonymousreply 444January 15, 2022 10:27 AM

If the Court should rule in Joker's favor could the PM set that decision aside and deport him anyway?

by Anonymousreply 445January 15, 2022 10:34 AM

We think the Minister has another grounds he could use to again cancel the visa, but it’s not clear that the government would choose to do that after losing in court twice.

by Anonymousreply 446January 15, 2022 10:49 AM

It's pretty depressing to see how quickly the wheels of justice turn for an antivax tennis player who is already rich and successful beyond his wildest dreams while they don't for practically everyone else. I wonder if there was a diplomatic agreement with Serbia to do that? Because it doesn't make sense otherwise. The judges are willingly turning up on Sunday, everything is being done to get him a full judicial process over a weekend. It's pretty extraordinary - this would normally take months, likely.

by Anonymousreply 447January 15, 2022 10:50 AM

Chris Evert just announced she has ovarian cancer, the type of cancer her sister died from last year, so I would imagine she doesn’t give a shit about Novax, Mirka R254.

by Anonymousreply 448January 15, 2022 11:29 AM

I've betted 200 quid on Djokovic losing the case at 2.00 odds because I cannot believe how good value that is. I don't bet on sports or casino games because I won't be able to beat the odds but this one is people who haven't listened to what legal experts are saying about it.

All the government has to do is show that they believe Djokovic to be exciting anti-vax sentiment - they don't even have to prove it. I'd still give Djoko about a 5-10% chance of winning. But 50% chance is far too high. (If I lose, that's okay, I'm pretty sure I'm on a good value bet at least.)

by Anonymousreply 449January 15, 2022 12:26 PM

funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Whether he is allowed to play or not, he'll be travelling home with pubic lice and bedbug bites. Courtesy of the Park Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 451January 15, 2022 12:49 PM

I think there have been very good points raised about the unfairness and injustice of Djokovic’s treatment as compared to immigrants with less means, but it’s wrong to see this through the lens of corruption. The way most legal systems measure and view “harm” in practice is for the most part in absolute terms: more money lost means more harm, more “important” opportunities lost means more harm. It’s not like the parable of the widow’s mite, which stresses that a penny to one person may mean the world. And I’m not saying this is okay, or right, I think it’s a major flaw of many judicial systems around the world. But what many in this thread see as corruption or being bought off, I’m 99% is an (elitist) attitude that the kind of opportunities and money a very rich and famous athlete could miss out on constitute far greater harm than the “mundane” problems of the typical immigrant, and thus that the justice system should respond very quickly to those VIP harms.

It’s wrong, but not the same kind of wrong as a judge who literally takes a bribe.

by Anonymousreply 452January 15, 2022 1:57 PM

I am surprised to see that the government's argument is that his staying in Australia will add fuel to the anti-vaxx fire. Wouldn't it have been more clear cut to argue the fact that his visa forms had incorrect information on them along with his obvious breaking of COVID protocols both in December and in lockdown in 2020? Regardless of his saying that these were from human error, that doesn't lessen the fact that his legal via forms had incorrect information on them. It's easy to say after the fact that his lies were merely and conveniently human error.

Also, regarding his "positive" COVID test on December 16.... I wonder what his wife and child (children?) did then. Did they isolate from him? Did they travel with him? There's been talk that this positive test was faked by the Serbs so he could then claim a COVID vaccine wasn't necessary, but what his spouse did then would shed some light on this, I think. Since he was positive, did they all isolate, or were they together traveling around and going to press events as well?

by Anonymousreply 453January 15, 2022 2:12 PM

R451 He had those before he left his house.

by Anonymousreply 454January 15, 2022 2:15 PM

R453 His wife is an unvaccinated wackjob too so I would find it hard to give much weight to how she behaved.

[quote]In April 2020, Instagram posted a 'false information' tag on (Jelena Djokovic's) stories after she shared a conspiracy video about 5G causing coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 455January 15, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] Wouldn't it have been more clear cut to argue the fact that his visa forms had incorrect information on them along with his obvious breaking of COVID protocols both in December and in lockdown in 2020?

The Australian legal people I’ve seen explain this make two points: first, the grounds the government is currently pursuing only requires them to prove they believe something (that Novax’s antivax statements could harm Australia). This is about feelings, views, opinions, and has some deference to government views built in. The grounds you cite seem much more clear-cut, but they make the argument one about facts, putting the government and Novax’s counsel on equal footing. More of a fight between equals.

Second, the ground you cite is a violation of a separate law, so because the Minister hasn’t yet cited Novax for breaking that law, it seems he may be able to use it if Novax wins the current court battle, and immediately detain him again, this time on your grounds.

by Anonymousreply 456January 15, 2022 2:21 PM

The government should hit Novak with a triple barrel.

1. Stirring up anti-vaxxer sentiment.

2. Submitting incorrect visa forms.

3. Breaking COVID protocols.

Fuck him. Hit him with everything.

by Anonymousreply 457January 15, 2022 2:22 PM

Have you all come from toxic masculinity thread?

by Anonymousreply 458January 15, 2022 2:25 PM

R458 Hi, my favourite anti-vax Croat! <3

by Anonymousreply 459January 15, 2022 2:27 PM

I am Croat, but not anti vax R459. But I don't mind being called that. As they say her: "It is ok as long as they don't beat you."

by Anonymousreply 460January 15, 2022 2:31 PM

R457. An Aussie sports guy on his Youtube channel said he believes the gov is staggering these charges so as to keep ND in Court well into the tournament so he can't play.

So even if ND were to prevail tomorrow the gov may come back with further grounds to deport in a new case

by Anonymousreply 461January 15, 2022 2:33 PM

R461 At this point they start to remind me of vizier Iznogoud who was inventing one scheme after another to get rid of the Khalif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 15, 2022 2:41 PM

Now that’s what I want to hear R461.

Fuck this guy, tie him and his sleazy lawyers up in court, and then remove this diabolical prick out of the country.

r457

by Anonymousreply 463January 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Iznogoud the Aussie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 15, 2022 2:43 PM

I don't get how he can constantly keep appealing their decisions.

by Anonymousreply 465January 15, 2022 2:43 PM

R462 Yeah, it just sucks that people with access with expensive lawyers and the influence to get justice moving quickly are far more likely to get off.

by Anonymousreply 466January 15, 2022 2:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 15, 2022 2:53 PM

A tsunami AND hell frozen over in one day. Kygios full throated support of Novaxx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468January 15, 2022 3:15 PM

Kyrgios is the man.

by Anonymousreply 469January 15, 2022 3:16 PM

Nick Kyrgios has always been an attention seeker/troll and I see nothing's changed.

by Anonymousreply 470January 15, 2022 3:17 PM

Au contraire, he is not calculated and has the balls to speak his mind.

by Anonymousreply 471January 15, 2022 3:20 PM

And it is not easy to stand alone against the crowds. Respect for that.

by Anonymousreply 472January 15, 2022 3:23 PM

Trolls find it easy. He's even struggling to suppress a smile in parts.

by Anonymousreply 473January 15, 2022 3:25 PM

r471 = r472 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 474January 15, 2022 3:25 PM

R472 It is well known fact that the one who is not with the herd is an idiot. Herd stinks, but it gives you warmth.

by Anonymousreply 475January 15, 2022 3:30 PM

R475 Yep, the herd view is that gay people are disgusting and will go to hell. That gives you warmth.

by Anonymousreply 476January 15, 2022 3:38 PM

It takes a troll to think that just being against reason is noble.

by Anonymousreply 477January 15, 2022 3:41 PM

These diseased trolls don’t really care what they say, as long as it kills more people.

by Anonymousreply 478January 15, 2022 3:43 PM

R478 You are mighty manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 479January 15, 2022 3:48 PM

Says the evil piece of shit who’s advocating for more death.

I really don’t care what diseased trash like you thinks of my opinions.

by Anonymousreply 480January 15, 2022 3:50 PM

Ifvut had been proven that unvaccinated don't spread disease I think there would be so much opposition to vaccine. I have seen in the media today that they have change the attitude and started counting non boosted in the intensive care, instead of non vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 481January 15, 2022 3:51 PM

“If only it had been perfect, then we wouldn’t be death mongers”

by Anonymousreply 482January 15, 2022 3:53 PM

Kyrgios is almost as erudite, principled, well-disciplined, and even-keeled as Tomic. What's not to respect?

by Anonymousreply 483January 15, 2022 3:55 PM

He’s going to be allowed to play. Unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 484January 15, 2022 3:56 PM

Has Miss Cleo entered the chat?

by Anonymousreply 485January 15, 2022 4:07 PM

Nadal said The Australian Open will be great with or without Djokovic. That's the spirit!

by Anonymousreply 486January 15, 2022 4:41 PM

Nadal is so ugly and his OCD is going to become even more spectacular as his game declines.

by Anonymousreply 487January 15, 2022 4:43 PM

r487 = Novax

by Anonymousreply 488January 15, 2022 4:54 PM

No idea why Novaxx is appealing and fighting so hard to play - its not like winning this tournament and having won the most tournaments will change public perception of him being an asshole of GIGANTIC proportions. Who cares if he holds the most slams; he doesn't have anyone's respect, and certainly not the respect of his peers, which is all that really matters. He has enough money for the rest of his life, but respect? Well that train left the station.

by Anonymousreply 489January 15, 2022 5:14 PM

Through this whole saga I've learned Novax has some strange, new age-y beliefs (like directing negative energy toward water can turn it brown, while directing positive energy will make it clearer and fresher).

Surprisingly, that's a trait by so many Balkan men I've met over the years. Serbians and Croatians tend to be the craziest.

by Anonymousreply 490January 15, 2022 5:19 PM

R414 Melbourne is 16 hours ahead of US east coast time, or 12 + 4. So 2PM east coast here = 2AM plus 4 which gets you to 6AM there.

by Anonymousreply 491January 15, 2022 5:57 PM

[quote] No idea why Novaxx is appealing and fighting so hard to play - its not like winning this tournament and having won the most tournaments will change public perception of him being an asshole of GIGANTIC proportions. Who cares if he holds the most slams; he doesn't have anyone's respect, and certainly not the respect of his peers, which is all that really matters. He has enough money for the rest of his life, but respect? Well that train left the station.

Integrity and dignity seem to have left the station with this guy.

It’s something we are seeing in the public sphere: megalomaniacs who are hypocrites of the highest order: demanding unending streams of material and non-material privileges.

It’s most overt in the political sphere but now, unabashedly, celebrities, sports figures and everyday persons who have garnered attention seem to be popping up all over the globe with this.

It’s mystifying that this man has “fans”; but then again it’s mystifying that a man like Trump was ever president and still garners followers. Meanwhile, everyday, ordinary heroes (especially during the pandemic) often go unnoticed or unacknowledged.

I do think the rapid fanaticism for this guy, Trump, et al. is like the Hitler phenom.

It’s a cult.

by Anonymousreply 492January 15, 2022 5:57 PM

JFC, don't judge TENNIS fans on one psycho poster. Djokovic has a long and proven history of kindness and compassion towards others. I've been a fan forever because he his a big fan of Nicola Tesla. I don't look to tennis players for scientific information and he's obviously beyond ridiculous for co-creating this disaster. But he's not a war criminal, or a homophobe or Trump or Hitler, he's a fucking tennis player.

Watch his natural reaction to this boy who asked him to marry him. No other top player would have responded this way, with humor, compassion and affection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 15, 2022 6:15 PM

Great guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Au contraire, R493...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495January 15, 2022 6:20 PM

I 100% disagree with his behavior as it relates to COVID (not getting vaccinated, holding a superspreader event in 2020, failing to quarantine or wear a mask after his December 2021 infection). However, the New York Times ran an interesting profile which highlights the muted response among tennis players vs the general public.

He's apparently very kind and generous, and has done a lot to look out for the lowest ranked players. He's known to be gracious toward his peers and fans alike. He also does a lot of charity work on behalf of the poor in Serbia.

However, he's been known to hold some crazy beliefs, and he's a bit of a nationalist as well.

by Anonymousreply 496January 15, 2022 6:26 PM

One down, one more to go. I needs to stick more pins in my Rafa doll.

I am so hungry I could eat four cows.

by Anonymousreply 497January 15, 2022 6:28 PM

For R493

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 15, 2022 6:32 PM

Many younger players have spoken openly about the support he's shown to them professionally and personally. His generosity towards others is well established

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 15, 2022 6:32 PM

One of the first to make donations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 15, 2022 6:34 PM

ND’s Olympic Tantrum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 15, 2022 6:36 PM

I love the random facts and unknown websites the pro-Novax troll has to resort to to find anything positive about him. Oh, he’s a fan of Tesla?! That changes everything!

Here’s a hint - a lot of the users in this thread are longtime tennis fans. We’re quite familiar with Novax and our views of him are based on watching his behavior over years and years. You’re not going to talk us into suddenly discovering some secret nice side of him.

by Anonymousreply 502January 15, 2022 6:38 PM

Any company that sponsors Novaxx going forward will be boycotted, so expect the sponsorships to dry up.

by Anonymousreply 503January 15, 2022 6:39 PM

Sticking up for Tsitipas during the bathroom debacle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 15, 2022 6:41 PM

“Remember When Novak Djokovic Called Out Naomi Osaka For Not Following The Rules”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 15, 2022 6:42 PM

The only top player to show up to support wheelchair tennis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 15, 2022 6:43 PM

Djokovid sticking up for Tsitipas doesn't hold much water. Tsitipas was following the rules to the letter (which until then hadn't been an issue), whereas Djokovid is trying to circumvent the Aus entry rules.

by Anonymousreply 507January 15, 2022 6:44 PM

Novak Djokovic is the Madison Cawtorn of tennis players.

by Anonymousreply 508January 15, 2022 6:45 PM

How about sticking up for children?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 15, 2022 6:45 PM

Support of Osaka

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 15, 2022 6:47 PM

Our Croatian anti vaxx Djoko fanboy seems to be pretty desperate ...

by Anonymousreply 511January 15, 2022 6:48 PM

Defending Federer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 15, 2022 6:48 PM

How much endorsement income will Emma lose when she crashes out in the first round to Sloaney?

by Anonymousreply 513January 15, 2022 6:48 PM

This is the psychology of a wife beater. “I was a saint on Tuesday so it’s ok if hospitalized you on Thursday.” It’s not transactional you sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 514January 15, 2022 6:50 PM

Being a short-sighted dick and unwilling to take responsibility for his actions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515January 15, 2022 6:50 PM

Yeah, someone here IS psycho.

by Anonymousreply 516January 15, 2022 6:51 PM

It makes sense that Novax sticks up for Tsitipas because Novax is also infamous for his bathroom breaks.

by Anonymousreply 517January 15, 2022 6:52 PM

He didn't think he did anything wrong when he hit that tennis ball into the stands...many years ago. this was before the US open drama

by Anonymousreply 518January 15, 2022 6:52 PM

‘Faked’ injuries, wild science claims: Inside Novak Djokovic’s wacky world According to tennis star Novak Djokovic, polluted water can be changed through positive emotions.

The 20-time Grand Slam winner also believes that spiritual health can be achieved by meditating in a mountainous corner of Bosnia — where an ancient civilization built pyramids that boast magnetic healing powers. (Scholars say the pyramids are just plain old hills.)

And these are only a couple of the wild and wacky proclamations of Djokovic, known on the international tennis circuit as a diva who seems to thrive on controversy — so much so that fellow player Nick Kyrgios has called him “a tool.“

Now, the superstar’s views on COVID-19 vaccinations have confined him to a hotel room in Melbourne, Australia, as authorities weigh whether he will be allowed to stay in the country and participate in the Australian Open, which begins Jan. 17. Djokovic's parents hold a scarf saying "Novak Serbia" in front of the National Assembly protesting the player's possible deportation from Australia.

Two years ago, the athlete expounded on his theories of positive energy as a way to purify food and water. “I’ve seen people and I know some people that, through that energetical transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they manage to turn the most toxic food or most polluted water, into the most healing water,” he said.

Djokovic has also said he discovered that he was sensitive to gluten after a Belgrade physician told him to hold a slice of bread against his stomach, and his arm became weak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 15, 2022 6:55 PM

So this makes him Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 520January 15, 2022 7:03 PM

Novax, supporting children by fundraising for a private charity named after him that he controls, yes, I’m sure that’s all out of the goodness of his heart…

by Anonymousreply 521January 15, 2022 7:04 PM

[quote] We can do this all day.

Indeed R496 / R499.

Shortly after 2016 I was at an “expensive” event at a Trump property. A Michelin chef came out and mingled with the guests. He was regaling everyone of his encounters with Donald Trump. Saying he was such a fantastic guy! Generous too! Could not be a better employer!

Was the chef lying? Don’t think so. Despite Trump’s many heinous acts, it’s likely that in this chef’s perception, his interaction with Donald Trump was positive. Even pleasant, perhaps.

It has been reported by German historians (via those who knew him....and records) that Adolf Hitler was an animal lover and vegan/vegetarian. He also could be gentle and kind with (non-Jewish, presumably) small children.

Here’s the point which seems to sail completely over your head: grotesque people are not without some evidence of non-grotesque behaviour.

But after [bold] repeated [/] evidence of poor behaviour, there comes a point when people must make a stand. Neville Chamberlain learned this lesson the hard way.

One act, okay. Two, acts, maybe. Three acts, suspicions begin to creep in. Four acts of bad behaviour merit significant reflection and re-evaluation.

That’s why it’s a cult. People (like Nazis, Trumpsters, yourself/Croats, etc.) don’t believe THEY are part of a fandom cult. No, they are just showing EVERYONE else what they fail to see!

by Anonymousreply 522January 15, 2022 7:04 PM

wow! we have a genius tennis player!!!

"Djokovic has also said he discovered that he was sensitive to gluten after a Belgrade physician told him to hold a slice of bread against his stomach, and his arm became weak. "

he definitely believes in science!!!

by Anonymousreply 523January 15, 2022 7:05 PM

We should try for a fresh thread before the hearing starts.

by Anonymousreply 524January 15, 2022 7:07 PM

R522 you're calling Coats Trumpsters/Nazis? I'm the other Croat here. Vaxed, liberal, etc. Face it. You couldn't find Dalmatia on a map. You sound unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 525January 15, 2022 7:32 PM

[quote] We should try for a fresh thread before the hearing starts.

Your wish is my command, R524.

Part 4 thread in case this one becomes janky as we gear up to the hearing....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 15, 2022 7:32 PM

I pulled up a map and found Dalmatia. Do I get a prize? I SPOTTED it right away. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 527January 15, 2022 7:35 PM

If you're Hungary I have some Greece to Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 528January 15, 2022 7:41 PM

Some Turkey would be nice but don’t let me Russia.

by Anonymousreply 529January 15, 2022 7:43 PM

Yugo girl.

by Anonymousreply 530January 15, 2022 7:44 PM

And I know where Dalmatia is without looking it up, weirdo @ R525, so there goes your idiot claim.

Btw, how is the Ustasa doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 531January 15, 2022 7:49 PM

Thanks r526!

by Anonymousreply 532January 15, 2022 7:50 PM

Nah you can't find Dalmatia on a map, histrionic ahistorical imbecile. We know your type. You think Swedish is spoken in Switzerland as well.

by Anonymousreply 533January 15, 2022 7:58 PM

really disappointed in Kyrgios suddenly supporting Djokovic. His comment that Djokovic "isn't just playing tennis for himself but also for millions of fans" acting like Djokovic is doing some public good work is pathetic. Djokovic IS trying to play the AO for himself because he's in prime position to break the male tennis slam record count.

He is being completely selfish by throwing the whole tournament into chaos, creating problems for multiple other male players who don't know exactly who they're playing yet, he's adding unneeded stress to all the players male and female and he's pissing off the vast majority of Australia

there's nothing defensible about someone who lied in an attempt to avoid getting vaccinated despite vaccination being a requirement to enter Australia

by Anonymousreply 534January 15, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote]This is the psychology of a wife beater. “I was a saint on Tuesday so it’s ok if hospitalized you on Thursday.” It’s not transactional you sociopath.

This is so well put, R514. Thank you.

This whole conversation is fascinating. Find the examples of Nazism relevant to today’s culture....extreme, but to hone a point. The idea that “good people who do nothing” during times of unconscionable behaviour is taken one step further with supporters who willfully deny, finger-point, “whatabout-ism”, or (as in this case), distract by yelling “squirrel” to point out other behaviour only add to the sociopathic rolls that the instigators.....NoVax....Trump.....Hitler....the Ustasha....etc. initiate.

As the sociopathy picks up steam with added energy of these sociopaths, it can easily morph into psychopathy as history has sadly demonstrated.

Will be interesting to see if the Aussies put up a wall against the guy.

Then to see the worldwide reaction as things play out.....

by Anonymousreply 535January 15, 2022 8:47 PM

Australia has had some of the strictest lockdown rules in the world, and critics of Prime Minister Scott Morrison's administration have claimed that it is making a show of Djokovic to assert its power and push people into taking vaccine shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536January 15, 2022 8:58 PM

Yep there’s nothing that Aussies like more than being lectured to by uninformed Americans.

by Anonymousreply 537January 15, 2022 9:18 PM

Stop trying to turn Idiotkovic into a victim. He's not.

by Anonymousreply 538January 15, 2022 9:24 PM

Australian government has millions of jabs in the pipeline, do you think they want to be left with them?

Djokovic just happens to not be in favour of the poison and Australia still has many un-jabbed, contrary to MSM reports. The narrative is wearing thin and even many jabbed are questioning particularly, as boosters are being pushed, plus the 5-11 year old kids are now being speared. Most people don't realise that many exemptions have been given for celebrities and others to enter over the past year, The agenda must be supported at all cost, for this is the path to complete control of the populace.

by Anonymousreply 539January 15, 2022 9:30 PM

^idiot

by Anonymousreply 540January 15, 2022 9:31 PM

Christ, you anti-vaxxers are tiresome

by Anonymousreply 541January 15, 2022 9:32 PM

is there a livestream for today's hearing?

by Anonymousreply 542January 15, 2022 9:35 PM

It should be this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543January 15, 2022 9:35 PM

Oh, the loon is back @ R539.

by Anonymousreply 544January 15, 2022 9:35 PM

Mardy Fish and the other tennis players who are acting like Djokovic is some mistreated victim are just idiots. They're willfully ignoring how selfish Djokovic has been in all of this and his scheme to try and be above Australia's vaccination policy.

This man LIED and there's no defense of it.

by Anonymousreply 545January 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Different loon, R544 and/or sockpuppet. They are persistent little cockroaches.

by Anonymousreply 546January 15, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote] Djokovic just happens to not be in favour of the poison

Dude! This may come as a shock, but “the poison” is Covid. It. Is. A. Virus. That. Can. Be. Deadly.

Answer me this, why is it that those who become seriously ill with Covid go to the hospital to be treated by medical professionals....especially those who are “anti-vaxx”? Why not avoid all “the poisons” associated with medical care?

The vaccines aren’t perfect, but they are the best option to avoid severe consequences from Covid.

by Anonymousreply 547January 15, 2022 9:39 PM

R543 thank you it has started

by Anonymousreply 548January 15, 2022 9:40 PM

I assume there is 1 chief judge who leads the hearing? and the other 2 can ask questions/give their opinions?

by Anonymousreply 549January 15, 2022 9:41 PM

If he had been denied entry or promptly deported we wouldn't even be talking about this anymore. Unforced error- Djokovic, Double Fault- Australia and the tennis federation.

I just want this to be over so we can go back to objectifying them. Grigor is my sentimental favorite. Here they are looking at each other's dicks.

Let's not talk about tennis, let's talk about how good looking you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 15, 2022 9:49 PM

[quote]Mardy Fish and the other tennis players who are acting like Djokovic is some mistreated victim are just idiots.

Mardy Fish and the others are consciously taking a contrarian position so they have something to write about. It's all just about getting some media time in middle of the storm. Of course their utter assholes to begin with, however that doesn't stop them from thinking that their raving lunatic take on things shouldn't be heard. It's all about trying to get a piece of the spotlight; and at any cost; even their integrity.

by Anonymousreply 551January 15, 2022 11:07 PM

Djokovic's lawyer pointing to that online reader poll. You couldn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 552January 15, 2022 11:20 PM

Australia gives the term kangaroo court real meaning.

by Anonymousreply 553January 15, 2022 11:23 PM

"@BenRothenberg

My reading of this:

The Djokovic lawyer's entire argument could be meaningfully refuted by the government furnishing footage of yesterday's anti-vax protest outside #AusOpen.

Anti-vax protests animated by Djokovic isn't a hypothetical reach probability; it has already happened."

Yes. Same thing with providing properly conducted polls. But are the government lawyers incompetent/not quick enough on their feet to do that? Probably. However, it's still a high bar for Djokovic to get over either way.

by Anonymousreply 554January 15, 2022 11:31 PM

R554, but, as has been pointed out online, the protests cut both ways. They can support Djokovic's argument that the government's actions have made Djokovic an anti-vax martyr and that is what is provoking the protests.

by Anonymousreply 555January 15, 2022 11:49 PM

Govt lawyer has said that unrest has already happened - good.

by Anonymousreply 556January 15, 2022 11:58 PM

Yoo-hoo, we're over here now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 16, 2022 12:02 AM

I didn't know this joker had been involved in ethnically-charged violence before. How Serbian of him.

"In 2009, ethnically charged violence broke out after an #AusOpen match between Djokovic and Bosnian-American Amer Delic; a woman in Garden Square was knocked unconscious by a thrown chair."

by Anonymousreply 558January 16, 2022 12:05 AM

They have brought up him admitting going to an interview and photoshoot while infected. He really messed up with the dates on that one, and it would be hilarious if he actually wasn't positive but now can't admit that either.

by Anonymousreply 559January 16, 2022 12:08 AM

R558, and that was so serious they repeatedly allowed him back in the country . . .

by Anonymousreply 560January 16, 2022 12:10 AM

R560 To be fair, he wasn't directly involved in the violence.. I phrased it badly.

This time around, he is not even supposed to be in the country so it's different.

by Anonymousreply 561January 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Just heard a commentator saying that the 3 year suspension could likely be removed, so just leaving deportation for this year only.

by Anonymousreply 562January 16, 2022 12:19 AM

"Government lawyer says the onus is on the appeal applicant to PROVE that the governemnt DIDN'T consider their alternative theory about Djokovic being deported being "worse" - i.e. more anti-vax protesting. The government did consider it, but they don't have to "prove" they did."

--- from my understanding this is why Djokovic has a high bar to clear - legal experts say that the govt doesn't even need to prove their claims, only that they think so.

by Anonymousreply 563January 16, 2022 12:19 AM

R563, that may be true, although that’s an unpalatable argument, since it amounts to saying, if the government believes that red is blue, that’s good enough.

by Anonymousreply 564January 16, 2022 12:24 AM

R564 That's a fair point, it's very broad and overreaching a power. I suppose the argument for it is that sometimes exceptional cases need it and politicians are doing it with public support for it, like in this case. Excluding that silly online poll, the proper polls taken show that a majority want Djokovic being deported. If politicians do something unpopular, obviously the argument would be that in a democracy they wouldn't get re-elected, so that's a check against abusing a power like this. I guess there's an argument for and against but I think it's crazy that Djokovic was even let in when he wasn't vaccinated just because of 'a procedural mistake'.

by Anonymousreply 565January 16, 2022 12:30 AM

I think that Djokovic has to lose this case, but cancelling his initial visa was still a mistake. It's the Streisand Effect on PEDs: the relentless coverage the case has generated has amplified the anti-vax position worldwide. I certainly would not be surprised if it has strengthened the anti-vax position in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 566January 16, 2022 12:31 AM

They have adjourned for lunch now until 1:30 Aus time. Then the govt lawyer estimates that he has another hour.

by Anonymousreply 567January 16, 2022 12:41 AM

The rest of the tennis players must be pissed because there's still no 'order of play' out and they'll be wanting to know what time they'll be playing tomorrow. If the tournament is waiting for the court to make a decision, I think that's unwise since I bet the judgement will come late.

by Anonymousreply 568January 16, 2022 12:45 AM

r566 yes, because otherwise no one would have heard of antivaxxers.

If you haven't been vaxxed yet, you're a moron, so I don't think Novak's refusal to get the vaccine, and Australia's cancelling his visa, would have made a difference.

And plus we get to enjoy Novak's frustration (and his awful family's) at being denied over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 569January 16, 2022 12:53 AM

R569, but if he's not a symbol of anything that makes the government's argument for deporting him nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 570January 16, 2022 12:57 AM

The only poll that should count!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571January 16, 2022 1:26 AM

R568 the tournament can only put the women's schedule out now

they aren't sure if Djokovic will play and if the court rules against him before the tournament begins, a handful of other seeds will be shuffled around

it's unfair to the players affected but I am laughing at Tilley who must be so angry that his plan to get Djokovic in has backfired massively

by Anonymousreply 572January 16, 2022 1:29 AM

R572 Very unfair, since players also want to know who they are going to play, and prepare for that by researching how they play.

Tilley clearly wants a balanced draw, so either Djokovic or Rublev in the number 1 seed position, but I suspect the judgement will come late so it's likely he'll have to put an order of play out and it will either be Djokovic or a lucky loser after all.

by Anonymousreply 573January 16, 2022 1:34 AM

is there any talk of Tilley being fired after the AO? I mean if anyone deserves some real consequences in this situation besides Djokovic, it's Tilley

by Anonymousreply 574January 16, 2022 1:37 AM

So, when is the decision? It's already afternoon in Melbourne.

by Anonymousreply 575January 16, 2022 1:41 AM

Do you mean Medvedev, R573?

by Anonymousreply 576January 16, 2022 1:42 AM

They may adjourn sometime around 3:30 Melbourne time and render a verdict whenever after. One of the journalists speculated they could render a bare Da jail and then send along an opinion after, but that seems odd to me

by Anonymousreply 577January 16, 2022 1:43 AM

* a bare decision

by Anonymousreply 578January 16, 2022 1:44 AM

R576, Medvedev would become the #1 seed, but Rublev would take his place in the draw.

by Anonymousreply 579January 16, 2022 1:47 AM

R576 No, if there is a Djokovic decision before the order of play comes out, the rulebook says that #5 Rublev would move to his spot.

Medvedev would only move to Djokovic's spot before the draw was made, which I think is why Tilley postponed it, to see if the PM presser would announce something.

by Anonymousreply 580January 16, 2022 1:49 AM

I would love all the players to withdraw and refuse to be part of the “circus”. “Call us when you want to run a professional tournament.”

by Anonymousreply 581January 16, 2022 1:54 AM

The government lawyer just started again about 20 minutes ago, and before the break he thought he had another hour left. Afterwards, Novax’s lawyer gets a response - and he talks a lot. Then it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 582January 16, 2022 1:55 AM

"@jon_wertheim

FWiw, some players/team hearing schedule would be out by 4pm at the latest , even if they aren’t done adjudicating the case..."

It'll be Djokovic or a lucky loser then.

by Anonymousreply 583January 16, 2022 2:09 AM

The judges are going to meet now to decide what to do. They think they will be able to announce something later this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Craig Tilley has got to be sobbing.

by Anonymousreply 584January 16, 2022 2:38 AM

if Djokovic is let off the hook again I hope Hawke cancels his visa again using the other statute

fuck him up

by Anonymousreply 585January 16, 2022 2:41 AM

In discussing whether the counsel would be ok with just an announcement of the verdict later without the reasons given, the government lawyer noted the Minister would need to know some details about the grounds for the verdict. So it does sound like they may be planning to spring into action and cancel the visa a third time if the court finds for Novax.

by Anonymousreply 586January 16, 2022 2:43 AM

okay, maybe this sounds weird but my gut feeling is that these judges don't 'look' like anti-vaxxer/blustery rightwing types, unlike the Kelly judge, especially the white haired ones. They just vibe more refined and restrained/intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 587January 16, 2022 2:50 AM

SHE IS A ROBOT AND HATED BY ALL THAT SHE ENCOUNTERS.

by Anonymousreply 588January 16, 2022 4:53 AM

Judges are back - decision about to be announced.

by Anonymousreply 589January 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Decision incoming now!!

by Anonymousreply 590January 16, 2022 5:47 AM

streaming now

by Anonymousreply 591January 16, 2022 5:49 AM

btw the tentative AO schedule is out

Djokovic has the second night match

by Anonymousreply 592January 16, 2022 5:50 AM

Of course he does, R592.

Of course he does.

by Anonymousreply 593January 16, 2022 5:51 AM

apparently it's unanimous - all 3 judges agree.

by Anonymousreply 594January 16, 2022 5:52 AM

get to it judge

by Anonymousreply 595January 16, 2022 5:52 AM

amended application dismissed

by Anonymousreply 596January 16, 2022 5:52 AM

reminder part 4 is already started this is almost full

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 16, 2022 5:53 AM

Get fucked stupid cunt!

by Anonymousreply 598January 16, 2022 5:53 AM

Djokovic LOSES

by Anonymousreply 599January 16, 2022 5:54 AM

Appeal dismissed. He's going.

by Anonymousreply 600January 16, 2022 5:54 AM

Good outcome.

by Anonymousreply 601January 16, 2022 5:54 AM

He’s out! Djokovic lost. Good.

by Anonymousreply 602January 16, 2022 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!