Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis Part 105: Australian swing and the Djokovic debacle!

last thread just got paywalled

well we're closing in on the Aussie courts ruling about Djokovic and whether he can play the AO or get kicked out of Australia altogether

every day more and more prominent voices are speaking out. Djokovic has been embraced by right wingers across the world from Fox "News" to Farage in the UK while many of the rest of us are hoping the courts rule against him. So far the likes of Pospisil, Isner and Sandgren are supporting Djokovic.

meanwhile tennis is underway and we have some intriguing opening weekend finals coming up as well as week 2's draws released

by Anonymousreply 523January 21, 2022 7:20 AM

last thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2022 11:10 PM

You played Djokovic!!! You played the new world symphony!!

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2022 11:25 PM

oh boo hoo! You can't have a private chef! It's so unfair! Australia is mistreating you!

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2022 11:35 PM

At the end of the last thread, someone asked why couldn’t Australia just test Novaxx for antibodies?

So I think it’s worth reiterating:

- The Australian federal government (which controls entry into the country) does not count “I had Covid recently” as an exception to their vaccine requirement.

- Tennis Australia, which runs the Australian Open, did consider that to be a valid exception to their own vaccine requirement. But TA’s vaccine requirement was geared toward obeying the Australian state (Victoria) government Covid policy, which governs things like who can enter into an indoor building, not who can get a visa.

- The Australian federal government warned Tennis Australia in writing that unvaccinated players who only met the “I just had Covid” exception would not be allowed in the country.

- The Australian federal and state governments can choose to grant someone a visa at their discretion, including if the person will benefit the nation in some way. It’s my guess that Tennis Australia thought this is how they’d get Novaxx through. But both Victoria and the feds declined to grant Novaxx this discretionary treatment.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2022 11:38 PM

Looks like Tommy Paul (on the left) shaved his head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2022 11:50 PM

Tommy Paul! Whyyy?

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2022 12:08 AM

[quote]Tommy Paul! Whyyy?

I bet the OnlyFans skank made him do it!

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2022 12:09 AM

Djoko stans say on mennstennisforum that he will play after reading his lawyers documents

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2022 12:09 AM

Yea no, Djokovic's lawyers should hang their collective heads in shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2022 12:31 AM

GOAT status is permanently removed regardless of what he may achieve in the rest of his career.

This makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2022 12:59 AM

Sunday's finals:

ATP Cup:

Canada vs. Spain Shapovalov vs. PCB, RBA vs. FAA, Davidovich Fokina/Martienz vs. FAA/Shapovalov

Adelaide ATP:

#1 Monfils vs. #2 Khachanov

Adelaide WTA

Barty vs. Rybakina

Melbourne WTA Set 2

Anisimova vs. (Q) Sasnovich

Melbourne WTA Set 1

#2 Halep vs. #3 Kudermetova

Melbourne ATP

#1 Nadal vs. (Q) Cressy

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2022 1:11 AM

Next week's draws:

Sydney ATP

#1 Karatsev #2 Basilashvili #3 Evans #4 Opelka all get a bye

notable matches

#5 Sonego vs. Gaston

#7 Fognini vs. WC Kyrgios

WC Murray vs. Qualifier

Sydney WTA

#1 Barty #2 Muguruza get byes

notable matches

Pegula vs. Garcia

#6 Swiatek vs. Raducanu

#5 Badosa vs. Ostapenko

#3 Krejcikova vs. Bencic

#8 Kenin vs. Kasatkina

Adelaide ATP

#1 Monfils #2 Isner #3 Khachanov #4 Cilic get byes

notable matches

#8 Fucsovics vs. Van De Zandschulp

#7 Tiafoe vs. Paul

WC Kokkinakis vs. Paire

Adelaide WTA

#1 Sabalenka and #4 Zidansek get qualifiers

notable matches

#6 Vondrousova vs. Golubic

# Gauff vs. Siniakova

#2 Svitolina vs. Keys

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2022 1:24 AM

That Svitolina vs Keys match is about to be so ugly. In today's finals i'm rooting for:

Monfils over Karen K

Barty over Rybakina (and I hope Barty wins the doubles too, she plays the final right after)

Sasnovich over Anisimova

Halep over Kudermetova, I can't warm to her for some reason

And i'd generally root for Cressy over Nadal, but I want Nadal to win just because it might rub some salt into Djokovic's wound.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2022 1:38 AM

I am GOAT!

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2022 2:12 AM

Serbian-Australians have swarmed outside the quarantine hotel where Djokovic is and acting like he's a martyr

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2022 2:33 AM

Today, the Australian government asked the court for two more days to put together its response to Djokovic’s papers. The court shot that down, the hearing will go ahead on Monday morning, which I think means Sunday afternoon in U.S. It will be lived-streamed.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2022 3:36 AM

I hope that doesn't mean the Australian govt lawyers are worried about the outcome of the case.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2022 3:45 AM

i think he will be allowed to play.

You know he has already paid off all relevant officials.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2022 3:49 AM

That’s too bad. He doesn’t deserve to play. He’s a dirty disease infested prick.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2022 4:03 AM

first title winner of the year:

Melbourne 2

Anisimova def. Sasnovich 7-5 1-6 6-4 for her 2nd singles title

second winner of the year

Adelaide

Barty def. Rybakina 6-3 6-2 for her 14th singles title

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2022 5:45 AM

Ash is about to play the doubles final as well. Feels like it's been forever since we had a consistent #1 who shows up to the tour, playing singles and doubles, winning titles on every surface, and forming rivalries with other players (this week she beat Gauff, Swiatek, Kenin, and Rybakina... very strong draw). Meanwhile you have Osaka pulling out because she thinks she's too good for anything that isn't a hard court slam.

Simona Halep just won her 23rd title in the other Melbourne 250. Defeated Kudermetova 6-2, 6-3 in the final.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2022 7:13 AM

Adelaide ATP

first men's champ of the year

Monfils def. Khachanov 6-4 6-4 for his 11th singles title

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2022 8:00 AM

btw holy shit Rybakina is HUGE. Her bio says 6'1 I think but on camera she looks taller than that

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2022 8:04 AM

First set goes to Nadal. Great set of tennis, both had set points but Nadal prevailed. Cressy is very handsome and he is bulging to the right.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2022 8:45 AM

Nadal wins. 7-5, 6-3

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2022 9:38 AM

Barty does double duty and take double trophies.

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2022 9:41 AM

Team Canada cum through in the ATP Cup. FAA finally managed to flop in a Final!

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2022 9:51 AM

oh, Canada!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2022 11:10 AM

One assumes Djokovic's lawyers were just throwing all the shit they could in their 35 page doc. However (and this may seem counter-intuitive), I think if the judge thought there was much to it, he would have granted the govt's request for a delay.

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2022 11:34 AM

R18 Why would he?So that czech player should come back , but she is already gone after 2 days talking with lawyers

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2022 12:26 PM

Holland is hot. Great bone structure in the face, great hair, fit, and look at those nips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Judge will rule in his favor--Judge has already signalled he wants "what's best for everybody", and wondered aloud if ND should have a hotel with a tennis court to practice this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Never try to read tea leaves from a judge, especially before a hearing, they are tricky and counterintuitive. We’ll have a better idea tonight.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2022 1:32 PM

Nadal with his Melbourne trophy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2022 1:54 PM

^ dollface

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2022 1:56 PM

ND's appeal is being live-streamed in 8hrs.

I expect it'll be very boring having read the files submitted to the court but might stay up for the verdict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2022 1:58 PM

The Australian govt's 13 page submission ends saying they reserve the right to re-arrest Djokovic over visa issues immediately if he wins the appeal. He ain't playing at the AO this year.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2022 2:16 PM

I liked the succinctness of the Aus gov's submission compared to ND's which was twice as long and really seemed to just be throwing shit at the wall in the hope something would stick.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2022 2:19 PM

Novak is pictured at various events including with a bunch of kids the day after the legal document says he tested positive. WTF? Glad Rafa won, great player, great guy. Novak, great player, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2022 2:23 PM

Here's Rafa arriving in AU with Tomau who says he's Nadal's coach but no one ever talks about him. He always seems to be just out of frame or in the corner of the friends box and the commentators NEVER mention him. I wonder why?

His wife couldn't come to AU this year because things are just crazy busy at the bank these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2022 3:20 PM

Is Tomeu the best friend or the coach it's hard to know because they are all so private?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2022 3:22 PM

Did Rafa’s boyfriend, the one who organized that intimate dinner, travel to Australia?

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2022 3:50 PM

This is not the first ATP championship Felix has been a part of winning, R27. He and Hurkacz took the 2020 Paris Masters doubles title.

For me this has been a great tennis weekend with Canada taking the ATP Cup, Monfils' eleventh title, and Djokovic almost certain to get catapulted out of Oz. From now on those nine AO titles are going to have a very special taint.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2022 3:59 PM

The NoleLoons on Twitter are screeching for the AO to be stripped of its Slam status. Bring it! But let's do t retrospectively, thereby stripping NoVaxxx of 9 of his titles, and that nasty bitch Court of nearly all hers. A win-win for humanity!

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2022 4:03 PM

^He's in the first 5 seconds of video above.

Here they look like they look like lesbians. It's weird, some times Rafa looks like he has more testosterone than other times. Maybe it's the lighting, tricky color, green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2022 4:55 PM

Does Tomeu also have a wife he never sees?

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2022 4:57 PM

Novak Djokovic supporters have been filmed dancing in Serbia flags outside the Melbourne hotel where the tennis ace is being held by officials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 5:10 PM

the next step for FAA is to win a singles title. ANY title doesn't matter. His problem is he mostly doesn't play small events anymore and prefers to play with the big boys. He's shown obviously he's 1 of the better players in the world but he needs to win some titles now.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 5:37 PM

FAA's next opportunity along those lines (obviously the AO would be amazing if that happens instead) is Montpellier, where he's the top seed. This week he hits a new career high of #9 in the ATP rankings.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2022 5:54 PM

Bernard Tomic bleached his hair...and apparently has a new 'influencer' girlfriend (she looks like one of those real life sex dolls in the picture)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2022 6:09 PM

How much plastic was required to build her?

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2022 6:19 PM

R51 About the same amount as the wood from the crate used to ship her.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2022 6:44 PM

r50 let's not give BT any more attention than he deserves (which would be none).

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2022 6:59 PM

Anyone know where we can live stream Novaks hearing?

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2022 7:08 PM

This was linked upthread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2022 7:11 PM

It's settled then, Djokovic is the worst Serbian in history.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2022 7:19 PM

thanks for the link. I will be tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2022 7:20 PM

The Joker is even worse than Slobodan Milosevic?

OK, it's a close contest . . .

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2022 7:24 PM

R45 thought that was Martina for a second there.

Rafa really is asexual and bland.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2022 7:31 PM

Rafa and Martina are easy to tell apart: only one of them picks at their ass and sniffs it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2022 7:40 PM

AO qualifying draws are out

notable names and/or matches:

ATP:

Haase is back

Escobedo is on the upswing again and fresh off of winning a challenger this week

Simon is #4 seed

DL fave Mmoh

former DL fave Dzumhur

DL fave Broady

DL curiosity Wolf vs. DL anti-fave rabid right wing/bigot Stakhovsky

DL anti-fave Tomic vs. Safiullin who just played well in ATP Cup this week

DL anti-fave Gulbis

WTA:

former top 30 Tsurenko

former top 30 K. Bondarenko

former top 10 Errani

DL anti-fave Vandeweghe

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2022 8:08 PM

I look forward to never reading Errani's name again.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2022 8:09 PM

it's show time!

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2022 10:04 PM

20 min in and they haven't started

tech issues have prevented livestreams from working so far

likely due to all the people around the world wanting to watch

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2022 10:21 PM

Finally working for me.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2022 10:33 PM

OMG. Spain's captain giving his runner up speech: "We can only promise 2 things: fight to the end... and we can promise that we all have COVID passports!"

The Spanish team looked halfway between cracking up and incredulous. Pablo somehow looked even cuter than usual. Everyone was laughing.

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2022 10:45 PM

Misery wins Twitter tonight (on Brexit cunt / Trump toadie Nigel Farage cosying up to the Djokovic's)

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2022 10:49 PM

Oops! Sorry, forgot link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2022 10:50 PM

haha Murray is great. I've become a fan now. I used to hate him but he's my favorite big 4 now

btw for those who want the actual livestream here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2022 11:08 PM

And????what is going on?

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2022 11:34 PM

wow the judge just asked "what more could this man have done?"

I know it's early and we'll see how critical he is of Djokovic's lawyers but he sounds sympathetic now

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2022 11:36 PM

what is sympathetic about it?

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2022 11:38 PM

R71 Gotten vaccinated? (directed to the judge, not you haha)

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2022 11:49 PM

The judge is clearly #NoleFam.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2022 11:58 PM

Farage and other right-wingers have drooled for years over Australia's incredibly draconian immigration system. Now they're all for open borders as long as you are an unvaccinated millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2022 12:01 AM

Brooksby out of the AO he and his coach tested poz for covid today just before he was about to fly out

by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2022 12:45 AM

Wonder what precedence this will set for Djoko entering, or barred from entering, other countries for Grand Slam this year

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2022 1:33 AM

Barty and Swiatek both withdraw from Sydney

Barty feels she got enough practice already and Swiatek has some rib pain

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2022 2:17 AM

Jimmy Arias is trolling lol he just said it would be fun to watch Djokovic deal with the Aussie Open crowds if he's allowed to play

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2022 2:50 AM

wtf I can't believe it but Djokovic wins

Djokovic wins the case but it might not be over yet if the federal govt decides to ignore the ruling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2022 5:29 AM

Andrew Castle was just on the BBC saying ND's been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2022 7:39 AM

^^^ Hopefully for attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 82January 10, 2022 8:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 10, 2022 8:25 AM

He hasn't been able to practice so that is good. probably not eating and sleeping well either.

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2022 8:26 AM

not that we can trust the word of the Djokovic family but they seem adamant that Australia is trying to kick him out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2022 8:38 AM

IDGAF about Novak, I really don't.

But I hope Barty wins the AO.

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2022 11:00 AM

Awwww....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2022 11:28 AM

R87, that is lovely. And Monfils won in Adelaide.

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2022 11:33 AM

Yeah I saw the end of that match, R88. Monfils is such fun to watch when he's healthy and on.

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2022 11:39 AM

Kyrgios got COVID and had to withdraw from Sydney. Wonder if he will even play the AO (or play tennis again? he's just launched his podcast and doesn't seem to be training much these days).

I saw some of the Sydney WTA matches. Kvitova won in 3 against Rus but looked a MESS, Jabeur looks like she's in good form. In Adelaide, Keys destroyed Svitolina-Monfils. One wonders if Elaine will be pregnant by the end of the year and retired from tennis. Sonia Kenin got flogged by Kasatkina 6-4 6-0. Kenin is still in the top 15 from the AO title she won two years ago lol.

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2022 12:08 PM

Djoko had NO Covid. Thats the most important thing...

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2022 12:32 PM

r91 if Novak makes it into the AO, they'll probably test him "positive" for COVID. No way will they allow him to be in position to win the tournament and give a victory speech.

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Ugh.

Don’t you hate it when the bad guy wins…

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2022 1:25 PM

Lol, Novak can stay because they canceled his visa 45mn too early... How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2022 2:44 PM

I just read this on twitter....yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2022 3:34 PM

Thugs all of'em! Him too.

by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2022 4:38 PM

oh, so weird that he didnt get covidt hen, right? but it wouldn have been needed back then.

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2022 4:50 PM

I thought he was just another athlete with screwy ideas about the vaccine, I didn't realize that he started WW1, was an escaped war criminal, fascist dictator and the "Trump of tennis".

His whole family should be arrested and tried at the Hague for...many bad things.

I volunteer to tie up and severely punish Djordie. That's all I'm going to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 10, 2022 6:04 PM

pathetic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2022 6:27 PM

It's pretty obvious he didn't have covid in december

by Anonymousreply 100January 10, 2022 6:29 PM

As someone said upthread—it's infuriating when the bad guy wins.

It is so obvious the covid certificate came from a complicit Serbian ministry of health, and so obvious that he missed the deadline to produce it anyway. Which begs the question: what was he planning to do if he [italics]didn't[/italics] so fortuitously come down with covid in December?

I hope that Morrison's health minister (much as I loathe Morrison and his entire government) has the balls to cancel Djokovic's visa and explain exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 101January 10, 2022 6:55 PM

people here have questioned whether Djokovic was a right wing psycho. We've mentioned before his calls for Kosovo to remain a part of Serbia rather than be independent. The post at R95 confirms it out in the open

by Anonymousreply 102January 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Judge said that the visa should not be cancelled because he was told he would have until 8:30am to gather information (while @ airport) but they cancelled his visa at 7:45am…But because the Judge decided the visa had not been correctly cancelled because of the timeframes, it doesn’t mean the visa or any exemption is valid. It will be interesting to see what the Minister does now…

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2022 7:03 PM

R103, the government agreed to settle the case due to the conduct by the Border Patrol. However, during the course of the argument, the judge pretty much said that the paperwork was in order: “What more could this man have done?” He also was very annoyed by the government’s suggestion that it could cancel the visa all over again.

by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2022 9:24 PM

R104 He was biased.

by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2022 9:32 PM

r105 No, he was based.

by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2022 9:37 PM

R105, judges read the briefs in advance and usually have made their decision before argument is heard.

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2022 9:39 PM

Samo naprijed, Novaxče!

by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2022 9:45 PM

Jedi govno i umri, Novaxče!

by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2022 10:20 PM

Semper ubi sub ubi!

by Anonymousreply 110January 10, 2022 10:22 PM

R107 so?

by Anonymousreply 111January 10, 2022 11:03 PM

R111, it means that his opinions during the argument could have come across as “biased” because he had already decided most of the case. He seemed to want to see if he would get any pushback from the government’s counsel, and he did not.

by Anonymousreply 112January 10, 2022 11:33 PM

Is the butchtastic Incredible Hulk chick that won't get vaccinated playing in Melbourne?

by Anonymousreply 113January 10, 2022 11:41 PM

The ATP says 97 out of the Top 100 are vaccinated. That would mean Djokovic, Sandrgren and somebody else are the holdouts. Herbert and Posposil are not in the Top 100.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2022 12:10 AM

Ha, the ATP delivers a vicious slap to PTPA founder Djokovic:

More broadly, ATP continues to strongly recommend vaccination for all players on the ATP Tour, which we believe is essential for our sport to navigate the pandemic. This is based on scientific evidence supporting the health benefits provided and to comply with global travel regulations, which we anticipate will become stricter over time. We are encouraged that 97 per cent of the Top 100 players are vaccinated leading into this year’s Australian Open.

by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2022 12:31 AM

R113 She-Hulk has been playing (quite badly). I presume she has been vaccinated now. Her name didn't come up regarding exemptions.

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2022 12:32 AM

uh oh Sabalenka officially has the serving yips. Just as she was poised to possibly win a slam this year. Past examples include Dementieva who had it throughout her career and Ivanovic who developed the affliction just after she won her first and consequently only slam/reaching #1.

We'll see if Sabalenka can overcome her second serve issues a la Zverev in the second half of last year or if she'll be permanently plagued the rest of her career

she's hit a few underhand second serves today due to lack of confidence. Not sure where this all started. I don't remember if she recently tried changing her motion or not but her second serve has turned into a disaster. First serve is still quite strong

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2022 1:05 AM

Pospisil is such a piece of shit

is it confirmed he's not vaccinated? He's not in Australia right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2022 1:13 AM

Poshpissshill

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2022 1:20 AM

He skipped Australia (he would've been in qualifying) I assume because he is unvaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2022 1:22 AM

I have a feeling the third top 100 player who's unvaccinated is Thiem

didn't he claim to be waiting for some newer vaccine because he didn't trust the ones last year? lol

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2022 1:29 AM

Not unlikely considering Thiem's return is in Cordoba immediately after the AO.

by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2022 1:32 AM

Sabalenka crashes out to Peterson 7-5 1-6 5-7

by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2022 2:06 AM

She hulk had covid a while ago. maybe still not 100%

by Anonymousreply 124January 11, 2022 2:13 AM

I was thinking Thiem as well. He quickly claimed to be vaccinated and then skipped the AO. Yeah right…

by Anonymousreply 125January 11, 2022 2:14 AM

Guess what gays?

Fucsovics in addition to being 1 of our favorites, is PRO-VAX and here he goes saying what we've been waiting for an ATP player to say!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 11, 2022 2:19 AM

Yes, Marton! Thank you for actually saying so. Integrity to go along with a rocking body.

by Anonymousreply 127January 11, 2022 2:21 AM

And he's from a very conservative country.

by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2022 2:24 AM

Yes! I fucking love Fucsovics!

by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2022 2:44 AM

Novak beat Rafa in Rafa's event at the French Open.

Now Novaxx was released.

Life is not fair.

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2022 3:08 AM

Just who is in charge in OZ?

Make up your damn minds about Djoker.

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2022 3:10 AM

Tomic must be jealous of the negative attention Djokovic is getting

here's part of the thread about his odd behavior during 1st rd qualification match for AO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2022 3:14 AM

Tomic looks like a meth casualty.

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2022 3:19 AM

quick exit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2022 3:21 AM

Classy start to the year.

by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2022 3:32 AM

Micheal Mimoh lost in AO qualifying in straight sets.

That guy is a total flop.

by Anonymousreply 136January 11, 2022 4:20 AM

Gulbis retired in the third set of his qualifying match

by Anonymousreply 137January 11, 2022 5:12 AM

I'd love to know who all the players were who just stared and didn't speak to him

I hope he's a fucking pariah on tour now outside of his right wing nutter clique of Pospisil, Isner, Sandgren, Herbert etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 11, 2022 5:23 AM

Ben really is the Louella Parsons of tennis. He's loving this story.

I actually felt sad watching Sabalenka today. 21 double faults, underhand serves. I have to give her credit, she's in the worst form of her life but fighting tooth and nail against it. Almost came out with the win.

Tomic video is very weird. Honestly, at least he's encouraging more PCR testing and saying that the current model isn't safe enough to prevent the spread of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 139January 11, 2022 5:41 AM

Raducanu continuing her campaign of looking like yet another one slam wonder. She's down 6-0 to Rybakina already.

by Anonymousreply 140January 11, 2022 9:13 AM

If Tomic is right and there’s ongoing Covid spread in the tournament, I wonder if the country would just shut AO down for the year. It would solve a lot of problems and punish the bad organization.

by Anonymousreply 141January 11, 2022 10:31 AM

That would be the perfect karmic ending to this AO tale of Novaxx chicanery, R141.

by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2022 10:49 AM

Tennis should institute a Tomic rule, whereby total assholes are banned from the sport for life.

by Anonymousreply 143January 11, 2022 10:53 AM

Whereby the current top 4 would already have been banished.

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2022 10:54 AM

R140 Rybakina is hardly a nobody

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2022 11:24 AM

R145 Yes, agreed, she is probably the biggest hitter Raducanu has faced. Big serve and groundstrokes - it's like classic Davenport.

But to go down 6-0 6-1 is embarrassing after winning a slam, not to mention she's lost most of her matches since the US Open, to less good players than Rybakina.

by Anonymousreply 146January 11, 2022 1:04 PM

These two newsreaders are getting ripped to shreds by the Serbian Nationalist fans, after this clip of them when the cameras weren't rolling was leaked.

I have to say their sentiments are pretty much in line with what the rest of our country is thinking. I have to say it did give me a laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 11, 2022 1:08 PM

Apparently Novak may have lied on his travel form.

He said he stayed in one place for 14 days, but there are photos of him in Spain and Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 148January 11, 2022 3:36 PM

R148 No, way , it was before that "14 days" period.

by Anonymousreply 149January 11, 2022 3:50 PM

There's more evidence coming out of him faking test result. All over Twitter atm.

by Anonymousreply 150January 11, 2022 3:51 PM

R150

by Anonymousreply 151January 11, 2022 3:53 PM

R150 what?

by Anonymousreply 152January 11, 2022 3:54 PM

More here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 11, 2022 3:59 PM

Are we getting a new Novak thread? The first once closed out at 602 replies.

by Anonymousreply 154January 11, 2022 4:19 PM

R154 I've started a new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 11, 2022 4:25 PM

It's been confirmed, I'm now DL's resident LiamLoon. He's so lovely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 11, 2022 4:40 PM

96 of top 100 female tennis players fully vaccinated, says Women's Tennis Association

A spokesperson for the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) has told CNN that 96% of the WTA’s top 100 players are now fully vaccinated.

Full vaccination equated to two doses where appropriate, added the spokesperson. The figure was previously 85%.

The issue of vaccinations in professional tennis has shot to prominence amid controversy surrounding men's world number one Novak Djokovic.

The Serb had his Australian visa canceled last week after authorities determined he did not qualify for a medical exemption from the rule that all arrivals to Australia must be vaccinated against Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 157January 11, 2022 4:49 PM

Raducanu’s coaching switch on the heels of her first major title always sounded odd but one wonders if she’s regretting it yet.

by Anonymousreply 158January 11, 2022 5:10 PM

R147 I love their accents

by Anonymousreply 159January 11, 2022 5:12 PM

R158 The coach she had for the US Open was always a temporary coach, hired for just 1 tournament because he'd coached her as a kid and her father thought she'd be comfortable with that for her first US Open. He has a son he is more invested in - he was never her permanent coach.

by Anonymousreply 160January 11, 2022 5:14 PM

The Kokk serving major heat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 11, 2022 5:18 PM

Not completely true, R160. She had a short-term contract with him last summer but she fired him because he didn’t have experience coaching at the top levels of the game (despite coaching her to the US Open title).

by Anonymousreply 162January 11, 2022 5:33 PM

Felix enjoying Australia's summer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 11, 2022 7:04 PM

Let's make Tomic not a thing anymore DL. His name need not grace this site ever again.

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2022 9:48 PM

He's J Cap without the titles.

by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2022 9:49 PM

We’ve just cut the cable cord (and my access to the Tennis Channel and ESPN) and I’m wondering what app(s) to get to approximate what I used to watch. Tennis Channel Plus is pricey and that channel doesn’t get the majors, so should I get ESPN or WHAT?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

by Anonymousreply 166January 11, 2022 9:56 PM

^It's a pain in the ass. Google-watch tennis without cable. Basically, sign up with a TV provider or pay for a VPN.

ESPN3 has some coverage for cheap/free but prepare to miss a lot of matches. Anyway, maybe it's time for a new hobby.

For me, what's happening in the immigration court is more compelling than what's on the tennis court. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2022 12:02 AM

There's an easy answer, R166. Get your cable back. You shouldn't have gotten rid of it in the first place if you really wanted to watch The Tennis Channel and ESPN and ESPN2.

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2022 2:51 AM

Keys starting her 2022 much better than how her 2021 ended. Another easy win today 6-1 6-3 over Martincova

Kokkinakis good form continues this year with a 6(5)-7 7-6(5) 7-6(4) win over Isner

Nakashima 7-6(7) 7-6(6) over Fognini

Muguruza def. Alexandrova 6-1 7-6(4)

Jabeur def. Kvitova 6-4 6-4

Kasatkina def. Mertens 6-3 6-4

by Anonymousreply 169January 12, 2022 6:28 AM

Gauff def. Kostyuk 6-3 5-7 6-3 in a pretty high quality match

by Anonymousreply 170January 12, 2022 7:58 AM

Matteo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 12, 2022 9:45 AM

R166 I watch tennis tv with the roku app and get espn+ during the AO, Wimbledon and the USO.

by Anonymousreply 172January 12, 2022 11:41 AM

ESPN+ doesn’t show live marquee matches, though (for any sport). To answer the crankypants at r168, my cable bill had gone north of three hundred a month, which was ridiculous. Even if I subscribe to something like Hulu+ or YouTube TV, both of which would get me ESPN and ESPN2, that would still keep my cost under two hundred.

by Anonymousreply 173January 12, 2022 11:55 AM

Murray will most likely win this match. But god he is whiny. Literally crying aloud when Basilashvili hits a winner. Maybe it's more noticeable too because Nikoloz is very stone-faced.

by Anonymousreply 174January 12, 2022 12:00 PM

Yes, Nikoloz saves his emotion for when gets home. assaulting the first person who's handy.

by Anonymousreply 175January 12, 2022 12:51 PM

Fucsovics spoke out against Djokovic. I love my muscle stud even more.

by Anonymousreply 176January 12, 2022 1:48 PM

r172, Good solution. No WTA is a bonus! Even their website is a mess. Until an out lesbian player does something interesting I am ova it.

by Anonymousreply 177January 12, 2022 1:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 12, 2022 3:30 PM

I'd prefer seeing these two at the AO than any of the Djokovic clan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 12, 2022 4:55 PM

Djokovic's brothers are handsome much more than him but the whole family is 1 stinking pile of shit and their personalities override any hotness they might have

so no don't care about them

by Anonymousreply 180January 12, 2022 7:48 PM

Pretty please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 12, 2022 7:58 PM

Hmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 13, 2022 3:12 AM

Projected Aus Open men's singles quarter-finals:

Novak Djokovic vs Matteo Berrettini

Alexander Zverev vs Rafael Nadal

Casper Ruud vs Stefanos Tsitsipas

Andrey Rublev vs Daniil Medvedev

by Anonymousreply 183January 13, 2022 4:51 AM

Potential fourth round between Ashleigh Barty and Naomi Osaka.

Raducanu v Sloane Stephens 1st round.

by Anonymousreply 184January 13, 2022 4:52 AM

most interesting 1st round matches:

WTA

Krejcikova vs. Petkovic

Vekic vs. Riske

Kenin vs. Keys

Badosa vs. Tomljanovic

Raducanu vs. Stephens

Kvitova vs. Cirstea

Kerber vs. Kanepi

ATP

Djokovic vs. Kecmanovic (will it happen lol)

Sonego vs. Querrey

Norrie vs. Korda

Moutet vs. Pouille

Berrettini vs. Nakashima

Zverev vs. Altmaier

Lopez vs. Millman

Opelka vs. Anderson

Kwon vs. Rune

Nadal vs. Giron

De Minaur vs. Musetti

Evans vs. Goffin

Isner vs, Cressy

by Anonymousreply 185January 13, 2022 5:17 AM

DL fave Tommy Paul would play Novaxx in 2nd round if the lying phony isn't deported.

by Anonymousreply 186January 13, 2022 5:20 AM

Does tennis even have Spanish or Latin American players anymore? I mean except for Nadal. I stopped watching when tennis became populated with Eastern European and Russian homophobic trash. I glanced at the AO draw and it doesn't look like much has changed. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 187January 13, 2022 5:44 AM

I'm happy about Ruud though. It's nice to know Norwegians can do well in sports outside of cross country skiing. Sick to death about how this mini sport is everything here. We had an awards show for Norwegian sports people last week. A cross country skiier won, she has been banned from thr sport in thr past because of doping. A ski jumper pointed out that a former doper in cross country skiing won and took that specific award from someone else who deserved it more. The ski jumper was attacked and bullied and was later forced to apologize. He was literally just saying what we're all thinking. Who the fuck cares about the mini sport cross country skiing? What Hovland has done in golf and what Ruud has done tennis is a million times bigger. They're now in the top 10. Tennis and golf are huge with millions of players worldwide... unlike the pathetic cross country skiing.

by Anonymousreply 188January 13, 2022 5:54 AM

Tomic has tested positive for covid - he knew it.

by Anonymousreply 189January 13, 2022 5:58 AM

R187, 80 of the current ATP top 100 are neither Russian nor Eastern European. 20 of the top 100 are from Spain or Latin America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 13, 2022 6:17 AM

Imagine the number of tournament officials and players who came into contact with Tomic while he was symptomatic…yikes

by Anonymousreply 191January 13, 2022 10:34 AM

Tomic has tested positive for being a crazy-ass douche.

by Anonymousreply 192January 13, 2022 10:41 AM

Sad that Borna Coric withdrew. He's been out a long time after shoulder surgery.

by Anonymousreply 193January 13, 2022 11:44 AM

Porna should call Michael Lucas. Stat.

He's missing his calling.

by Anonymousreply 194January 13, 2022 11:51 AM

In all this drama, Isner's venom seems to agitate me more than usual. I haven't seen anything in Cressy that I dislike (so far, very much quite the opposite), but looking at AO first round draw, I've never wanted Isner to lose as much as I do for this year's AO.

by Anonymousreply 195January 13, 2022 12:19 PM

It really bugs me that Isner is a Trumper. I look at him and think, he has everything going for him in life: he’s basically a rich, blond athletic God. Why would someone so blessed need to greet the world with an attitude of total selfishness and hatred instead of generosity and love of other people?

by Anonymousreply 196January 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Isner is not blond. He has a micro penis too.

Cressy is the blond god.

by Anonymousreply 197January 13, 2022 1:20 PM

There is a thing as too tall too - he looks gangly.

by Anonymousreply 198January 13, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote]Sad that Borna Coric withdrew. He's been out a long time after shoulder surgery

a statement from Porna:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 13, 2022 2:06 PM

The words blond, athletic and god should be nowhere near Isner.

by Anonymousreply 200January 13, 2022 2:38 PM

i think they are wasting too much time in the Djokovic debacle. It should be already resolved.

His image is really damaged this time.

I heard and interesting theory today about authorities pressuring him to quit by himself, because if he is finally deported he probably will be banned for several years (and he is not young). Of course, nobody who knows Nole could even bring that theory because it's obvious he is not going to quit.

Right now he is only thinking in winning 21 and the draw is easy enough to not have problems in the first rounds. Berrettini and Zverev are tough rivals and he could end very tired before the final if he wins, but his path is easy till quarterfinals

by Anonymousreply 201January 13, 2022 5:33 PM

Djokovic potentially faces PCB or Monfils in the 4th round. It would be great to see Novaxx lose to PCB again in another ugly Slam situation, or to Monfils on one of La Monf's magic days.

by Anonymousreply 202January 13, 2022 5:43 PM

The problem is Monfils never has magic days against Nole, their h2h is17-0 (which is frankly pathetic in a player as talented as Gael)

by Anonymousreply 203January 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Well, R203, as Vitas Gerulaitis said to Jimmy Connors....plus Gael is nothing if not unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 204January 13, 2022 5:52 PM

Only Stan The Man can beat Djoko, fuck Aussie gov if they aren't able to

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2022 5:57 PM

Come again, R205?

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2022 6:51 PM

R206 I talk about Slams

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Okay, got it.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2022 7:23 PM

Stan x 3

by Anonymousreply 209January 13, 2022 7:36 PM

or even 5, I don't actually remember

by Anonymousreply 210January 13, 2022 7:37 PM

Stan's beaten him in 4 Slams (2014 AO, 2015 RG, 2016 USO, 2019 USO) vs. Rafa beating him in 9 Slams and Fed in 6 Slams.

by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2022 7:45 PM

Rafa mostly on RG, Fed on Wimbledon

by Anonymousreply 212January 13, 2022 11:20 PM

So, his visa has been cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 213January 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Ding dong bitch

by Anonymousreply 214January 14, 2022 6:22 AM

Bernard Tomic has revealed the domineering behaviour of his father, John, has left him frightened of his dad to this day and contributed to his failure to reach his true potential on court. :(

by Anonymousreply 215January 14, 2022 6:59 AM

Yes, no doubt Tomic's father forced Bernie to party most of his career away.

by Anonymousreply 216January 14, 2022 7:01 AM

Liam Broady overjoyed to be in his first AO main draw. He plays Nick Kyrgios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 14, 2022 11:02 AM

I thought Kyrgios was out of the AO?

by Anonymousreply 218January 14, 2022 11:11 AM

Judge Kelly wil save him ,dont worry

by Anonymousreply 219January 14, 2022 11:30 AM

R218 Krygios appears to be in the draw according to the AO website ¯_ (ツ)_/¯

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 14, 2022 11:35 AM

Judge Kelly is transferring the case to a different court, so he won’t be the one making this ruling.

by Anonymousreply 221January 14, 2022 11:49 AM

[quote]I thought Kyrgios was out of the AO?

I thought so too, but apparently he only pulled out of one of the warm-up tournaments in Melbourne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Gauff and Keys are hitting the hell out of the poor tennis ball

by Anonymousreply 223January 14, 2022 3:14 PM

Big Swinging Super Kokk through to the Adelaide Final!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 14, 2022 5:48 PM

Pablo Carreño: What you have to do is to take the vaccine and if you are not vaccinated you shouldn't come here

by Anonymousreply 225January 14, 2022 6:49 PM

Imagine if the Deplorables and Covidiots - NoVaxxx, Zverev, Pospisil, Isner, Sandgren et al just fuck off and try and set up their own tour. It will clearly massively flop... and in the meantime we can enjoy great tennis from mostly reasonably sane, pleasant and sporting players on the Real Tour.

by Anonymousreply 226January 14, 2022 6:58 PM

^And he hasn't even been to law school!

by Anonymousreply 227January 14, 2022 6:59 PM

I love that idea, R226. Rafa and Roger should then schedule exhibitions in the same cities of the renegade tour.

by Anonymousreply 228January 14, 2022 7:58 PM

Kokkinakis disappointed me 2 nights ago when he hit a ball towards a bird that was making noise in the rafters of the court. Luckily he didn't hit the bird but it seemed like he was aiming for it

by Anonymousreply 229January 14, 2022 8:07 PM

They could have two 'very prestigious' Slams on the Deplorable Tour: one in Serbia, the other in Florida. The respective 'arses' of Europe and the USA!

by Anonymousreply 230January 14, 2022 8:08 PM

this weekend's SF results and final matches

Sydney:

Krejcikova def. Kontaveit 0-6 6-4 7-6(12) both had multiple match points

Badosa def. Kasatkina 6-2 6-2

final: Krejcikova vs. Badosa

Murray def. Opelka 6(6)-7 6-4 6-4

Karatsev def. Evans 6-3 6(13)-7 6-3

Karatev vs. Murray

Adelaide:

Riske gets walkover from Zidansek

Keys def. Gauff 3-6 6-2 7-5

Keys vs. Riske

Rinderknech def. Moutet 6-1 6-3

Kokkinakis def. Cilic 6-2 3-6 7-6(10)

Rinderknech vs. Kokkinakis-both are seeking 1st ATP singles title

by Anonymousreply 231January 14, 2022 8:11 PM

The Krejcikova-Kontaveit third set was a joy to watch. There were some errors, but also a ton of scintillating rallies forcing some of the errors. Kontaveit was a dominant force, but Krejcikova used all the smarts in her arsenal to defuse, deflect, and ultimately win. Each woman had 5+ match points, and most were saved with winners or forced errors.

by Anonymousreply 232January 15, 2022 12:04 AM

wow hopefully she recovers. Good news it's early stage so chances are far better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 15, 2022 4:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 15, 2022 4:16 AM

Adelaide:

Keys def. Riske 6-1 6-2 for her 6th singles title

by Anonymousreply 235January 15, 2022 5:59 AM

Sydney:

Badosa def. Krejcikova 6-3 4-6 7-6(4) for her 3rd singles title Badosa is now 3-0 in finals

by Anonymousreply 236January 15, 2022 7:43 AM

I normally don't like Badosa or Krej, but good on them for giving us great tennis and epic matches this week when many were tanking or retiring to prepare for a slam. And Keys deserves that title, she beat some big players for a 250 event and needed to get back on track.

Kokkinakis looking great at home in Adelaide in this 3rd set. Karatsev up a set on Murray and hitting the absolute shit out of the ball.

by Anonymousreply 237January 15, 2022 9:07 AM

Adelaide Champion! MASSIVE, KOKK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 15, 2022 9:24 AM

Adelaide:

Kokkinakis def. Rinderknech 6(6)-7 7-6(5) 6-3 for his 1st title. The first 2 sets there NO break points!

Sydney:

Karatsev def. Murray 6-3 6-3 for his 3rd title

by Anonymousreply 239January 15, 2022 9:44 AM

luvs me sum Kokk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 15, 2022 11:39 AM

Kokk is such a stud. Woof.

by Anonymousreply 241January 15, 2022 8:59 PM

Twitter bitch fight alert! Ben R. is throwing shade at Stakhovsky's hotness, or rather, lack of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 16, 2022 1:18 AM

lol go Ben

Stakhovsky is trash

by Anonymousreply 243January 16, 2022 1:21 AM

Djokovic LOSES APPEAL

unanimous decision by 3 judge panel

he's getting removed not playing the AO

Craig Tilley eat shit haha

by Anonymousreply 244January 16, 2022 5:56 AM

so is that lower ranked Serb and some random lucky loser going to play the night match now or will they move that?

by Anonymousreply 245January 16, 2022 5:59 AM

R245 if you check the AO site now Tilley had put up a tentative order of play but now it's going to have to be revised haha

we'll find out if he deems it too late to shuffle around Rublev and other seeds or keep everybody the same put a lucky loser in Djokovic's place

by Anonymousreply 246January 16, 2022 6:01 AM

R246 He can't shuffle the seeds, it's against Grand Slam rules to do that after order of play has been published. It's a lucky loser in Djokovic's place.

by Anonymousreply 247January 16, 2022 6:02 AM

OK wow haha so Tilley must be crying

Kecmanovic vs. Lucky Loser

I wonder if he'll keep that as the second night match or move them elsewhere

by Anonymousreply 248January 16, 2022 6:04 AM

Garbi gives her take

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 16, 2022 6:23 AM

I'm so over this tawdry melodrama.

Why couldn't he just get vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 250January 16, 2022 6:34 AM

Tawdry Melodrama. Sounds like an old drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 251January 16, 2022 6:38 AM

I always knew maybe lez Mugu was a DLer

by Anonymousreply 252January 16, 2022 6:49 AM

Waking up this morning, tennis fans all over the world be like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 16, 2022 8:05 AM

this is perfect for me

Djokovic kicked out leaving a wide open top quarter

Nadal and Zverev still stuck in the same tough second quarter and likely to have some long matches along the way

by Anonymousreply 254January 16, 2022 9:27 AM

Novax Djokobitch is OUT! This makes me so happy. This disgustingly arrogant and narcissistic anti-vaxxer can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 255January 16, 2022 9:32 AM

R254 At least Nadal still has his dignity, which is more than can be said about Djokobitch.

by Anonymousreply 256January 16, 2022 9:33 AM

My beautiful Nadal about the Djokobitch saga, Nadal might lose this AO as he has an impossible draw, but he is still a winner in my eyes:

[Quote]“It’s normal that the people here in Australia get very frustrated with the case because they have been going through a lot of very hard lockdowns,” Nadal said. Djokovic “makes his own decision,” he added.

[Quote]Nadal said that he believes “in what the people who know about medicine say, and if the people say we need to get vaccinated, we need to get the vaccine,” before pointedly adding, “If you do this, you don’t have any problem to play here.”

[Quote]“If you are vaccinated, you can play in the Australian Open and everywhere,” he added.

by Anonymousreply 257January 16, 2022 9:35 AM

It's annoying that the whole draw is now lopsided because of him.

I don't even have the bandwidth any more for these anti vaxxers, but at least the Tennis Sandgrains and PHHs of the world just stayed home and didn't bother trying to prove they're above the law?

by Anonymousreply 258January 16, 2022 10:14 AM

I haven't done the math, but it's pretty likely NoVaxxx won't be #1 by the end of the tournament. Given that he's unlikely to be playing much outside of the slams it might be hard for him to get it back again this year/ever. Fanfuckingtastic.

by Anonymousreply 259January 16, 2022 10:15 AM

Does any of you bitches have photos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 16, 2022 10:27 AM

R258 The draw is not that unbalanced, because the lower part of the draw was easier anyway, now the upper part is simply less difficult

by Anonymousreply 261January 16, 2022 10:28 AM

R260 the video is on LPSG in the pro tennis players thread. His undies are wet in the video too.

by Anonymousreply 262January 16, 2022 11:34 AM

The US requires people to be vaccinated to fly in as well and they don't have a 'I've had covid' exemption for *anyone*. So if that still stands in March, Djokovic won't be playing 1000 events Indian Wells and Miami. Unless he gets vaccinated, of course.

by Anonymousreply 263January 16, 2022 11:38 AM

R260 they should be handing out bonuses, not fines, for nudity on court! I do notice that some of the camera people lately don't shy away from shirt changes like they used to. (Sadly, some still do)

by Anonymousreply 264January 16, 2022 11:58 AM

Yeah, if they're going to shy away from shirt changes, then I won't subscribe to any of the tennis services. Besides us at DL,, sex is what helps sell the game, period. Sex sells out products, but come on, when a sport needs promotion, like tennis, it needs to promote the commodity.

by Anonymousreply 265January 16, 2022 12:03 PM

r257, Sometimes it takes the intellect of a small child in order for people to see the simplicity of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 266January 16, 2022 12:05 PM

When Nadal tested positive he did the responsible thing and notified the media of all the people he was close to, especially his wife. Odd that they didn't mention Tomeu, his "coach" and constant travel companion.

From the NYT-

Nadal said he had taken a P.C.R. test after returning to Spain from Abu Dhabi and was now confined to his home in Manacor on the Spanish island of Majorca. He said he had informed all those with whom he had been in close contact about his test result, including his wife, his sister, his father, his physical therapist and two of his coaches, Carlos Moyá and Marc López, according to El País, a Spanish newspaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 16, 2022 1:22 PM

Rafa taking NoVaxxx's place opening the men's draw on Rod Laver Arena tomorrow = BURN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 16, 2022 2:04 PM

The blonde she's with is not Rafa's sister, maybe she has a new girlfriend. I wonder why they don't identify the girl or Tomeu.

Djokovic got what he deserved for his lies. Rafa's whole public persona is a lie with NO questions asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 16, 2022 2:23 PM

it is from 2015

by Anonymousreply 270January 16, 2022 2:55 PM

Because it’s not possible that, Rafa, knowing he will be focused on his tennis, might encourage her to bring a friend along for company? It has to be a scandal?

by Anonymousreply 271January 16, 2022 3:11 PM

The Rafa PR machine has been in damage control since the ONE and ONLY off the cuff interview he's ever given. Even in the 60 Minutes piece didn't show them together, they have zero chemistry, the most they can manage is a laugh together. We are supposed to believe that this the ONE girl he ever loved? When/how did they meet? She's been at least friends with his sister for over 20 years the same with Tomeu. Why wouldn't he even be named in a photo with his wife?

Look at the video of Rafa arriving in Australia with Tomeu. Tomeu arrives first, backs out of the shot, crosses in front of the camera so the photographer can get Carlos and Rafa.

Look at the video of Rafa 35 birthday party, no wife. The next day Rafa twitter sends out a pic from a year earlier to remind people he's married. etc.etc. etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 16, 2022 4:20 PM

Why all the secrecy? They left notes for their wedding guests that they were "private". Who does that? Kanye?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 16, 2022 4:32 PM

From the LAST interview he ever gave without PR.

It came out that he speaks to his mother every day, at least, yet goes "weeks" without talking to Xisca and months without seeing her, the one girl he ever loved?

She is perfect for me, because she is very relaxed and easy-going and I've known her for a long, long time. Our families have been friends for many years.'

Hardly the language of passion, you'll agree, but at least from then on he had an official girlfriend, which made up for the fact that his sleeveless tops and bulging biceps reminded one inexorably of Freddie Mercury."

2. "I can only record that there was a big difference in the enthusiasm with which he said he phoned his mother and sister every day, and whatever he was saying, or not saying, about his girlfriend. I'll be pretty amazed if he ever marries her, though."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 16, 2022 4:42 PM

The day After the 35th Bday party with no wife, he updates his FB to say he's married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 16, 2022 5:03 PM

It has always stuck in my mind that years ago I encountered a very white bread straight female fan of Nadal who thought it was weird that Nadal was with Xisca. Okay, maybe female jealousy but it still sticks out in my memory and matches with how people here are seeing it even though DL tends to want to see every man as gay (which is a bias I'm aware of).

by Anonymousreply 276January 16, 2022 5:07 PM

Just get the tournament going so the morons who are fixated on speculation about Rafa's sexual orientation can find something else to talk about. What pathetic creatures they are. Incels?

by Anonymousreply 277January 16, 2022 6:08 PM

F&F R277

by Anonymousreply 278January 16, 2022 6:36 PM

Rafa and Roger are walking, talking brands these days.

The Rafa-Xisca marriage was clearly arranged. Those two have all the chemistry of a couple of cinder blocks.

by Anonymousreply 279January 16, 2022 6:48 PM

Rafa has never seemed to give much of a shit about projecting a certain image, like both Roger and Novax. He’s shy, a little awkward, and not sophisticated like Roger, plus he still struggles a little with the English press. If his marriage seems strange it’s probably because he’s not focused on how it appears to others or maybe isn’t that comfortable discussing his personal life. A while back I remember someone asked him how he spent his downtime during Wimbledon and he said he played video games and made pasta in his rental apartment. He’s a jock from a small town who happens to be one of the most talented guys to ever play tennis.

by Anonymousreply 280January 16, 2022 6:53 PM

Rafa's words of wisdom to kids attending AO '22...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 16, 2022 7:01 PM

Novak's lapdog Popsicle like an anti-Nadal tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282January 16, 2022 7:03 PM

Starting to really hate Pospisil. All this bullshit about Saint Novak's so great because he's supportive other players', and the little asskisser is furtively liking tweets trashing players who won't join their little mean girls gang. 'Popsy' is the ultimate cuck!

by Anonymousreply 283January 16, 2022 7:23 PM

Yeah, agree R283. I used to salivate at Popsicle, but no more. Honestly, I'm not sure which hot players aren't d-bags.

by Anonymousreply 284January 16, 2022 9:10 PM

Yeah, I think Rafa is gay. I hope he'll come out one day, I really do. If I'm wrong, whatevs. I still like him and think he's a great athlete and a great sportsman and champion. Maybe I want him to get 21, cuz I like him more than Fed or Novaxx. Even though I'm desperate for a changing of the guard at the top of the men's game.

by Anonymousreply 285January 16, 2022 9:16 PM

R284 I'll bite: Berrettini, Ruud, Felix, Hubie, Monfils, Fucsovics, Cressy, Garin, Brooksby, Broadie, Giron, Andujar, Wawrinka, Garin, PCB, Khachanov, Kokkinakis, Tiafoe (annoying but not douchey) for starters.

I'd say that the hotter players are more likely to be non-douchey.

by Anonymousreply 286January 16, 2022 9:19 PM

It's funny how DL had no problem filling 5 threads about Novaxx but not one comment on the draw. The actual sport of tennis is boring.

by Anonymousreply 287January 16, 2022 9:36 PM

We're onto 105 threads about tennis, Miss R287. You think it's boring, you're quite welcome not to post here.

by Anonymousreply 288January 16, 2022 9:39 PM

@ R288

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 16, 2022 9:42 PM

The sport needs sexing up. Have you noticed how awful the official ATP player pictures are? Watching the outside matches on ESPN3, sometimes the changeover is the most interesting part of the match.

by Anonymousreply 290January 16, 2022 9:43 PM

105 1/2 filled threads because "the old thread was paywalled in record time" and half of them are filled with the anti-novaxx psycho. So about 25 threads for about 500 tournaments.

by Anonymousreply 291January 16, 2022 9:45 PM

oh sod off, cunt

by Anonymousreply 292January 16, 2022 9:46 PM

*The* anti-novaxx psycho? Oh. honey! I'd say a good 80% of the regular posters here dislike him pretty intensely, and for good reason. He's gone now so you have no reason to stink up this place any longer. So why don't you be a good boy now and jog on

by Anonymousreply 293January 16, 2022 9:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 16, 2022 10:12 PM

damn they cutta bitch

by Anonymousreply 295January 16, 2022 10:13 PM

Strange how R291 finds tennis boring but frequents these tennis threads to rhapsodize over Novaxx and disrespect Nadal. Obviously the Djokovic situation overshadowed and delayed the draw but here are the first-round men's matches that I'll be following:

Monfils v. Coria: Would love to see La Monf continue his resurgence and defeat Djokovic's 2022 AO hitting partner.

Escobedo v. Bublik: Both players haven't met their potential yet, hoping to see Escobedo pull this one out.

FAA v. Ruusuvuori: Huge Felix fan here. He and Emil have never played before at the ATP level.

Pouille v. Moutet: Lucas over the obnoxious wannabe rapper

PCB v. up-and-comer Etcheberry

Alcaraz v. Tabilo: Curious to see how consistent Alcaraz will be after his USO run

Lajovic v. Fucsovics: One of the likeable Serbs, should be a close match but both of these players run hot and cold

Harris v. Vukic: Harris is one of the nicest guys in the sport and can run down almost anything, haven't seen Vukic play before

Opelka v. Anderson: Battle of the Gargantuas

Djere v. Shapo: Rooting for Djere as the underdog

Hurkacz v. Gerasimov: Big Hubie fan here, Gerasimov can be tricky

McDonald v. Milojevic: McDonald's another unsung American yet to reach his potential

Sousa v. Sinner: It'd be nice to see struggling Joao upset Sinner, who's got an uncanny game but the personality of a dial tone on court.

Ymer v. Tsitsipas: Hoping to see Ymer oust the prima donna.

Popyrin v. Rinderknech: Pop's my favorite Aussie player, both he and Rinderknech are unpredictable.

Cressy v. Isner: Wanna see Maxime make this Isner's last Oz

Ugo v. Gasquet: Humbert should send faltering Gasquet away

by Anonymousreply 296January 16, 2022 10:23 PM

some great eye-candy matches

Djere v. Shapo

Lajovic v. Fucsovics

and the FAA match and the Harris match

yum!

by Anonymousreply 297January 16, 2022 10:40 PM

Shapo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 16, 2022 10:42 PM

Bill Tilden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 16, 2022 10:45 PM

Robert Farah, 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 16, 2022 10:52 PM

Which seeds are most likely to fall in the first round?

by Anonymousreply 301January 16, 2022 11:15 PM

Is this year for Net Gen?

by Anonymousreply 302January 16, 2022 11:23 PM

Shapo team or Djere team?

by Anonymousreply 303January 16, 2022 11:28 PM

Luscious Laslo Team

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 16, 2022 11:40 PM

R296 will be great to see Maxime, a real serve-volleyer with flair dispatch that tedious servebot, Isner. Pisses me off that he's likely to have a longer career than most precisely because he doesn't have to make any effort 50% of the time he's on court.

by Anonymousreply 305January 16, 2022 11:57 PM

Djere looks sexy in his white shorts.

by Anonymousreply 306January 17, 2022 12:02 AM

Shapo wins the first set.

by Anonymousreply 307January 17, 2022 12:45 AM

OMFG just when you think espn can't get any worse they've gone beyond this AO!

for the first time ever, they're ONLY going to show a few hours every night! The rest of the hours you have to watch on streaming!

Yet at the same time they make sure to buy up all the broadcasting rights so the Tennis Channel can't air live coverage.

Espn really sucks. If they don't want to show all night coverage on tv anymore they should let Tennis Channel show live AO action too.. Really unfair

I'll watch on streaming but that's not the point-we shouldn't have to

by Anonymousreply 308January 17, 2022 1:09 AM

I was wondering about that, R308. I'm pissed at what you reported.

I started to sign up for ESPN Plus tonight, but had a password error that I'll just bother with tomorrow. It's only $7, and then I'll cancel (making sure I set a reminder), but it's the general idea that's pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 309January 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Is John Cain Arena a new name? I don’t recall ever hearing it in the past.

by Anonymousreply 310January 17, 2022 1:13 AM

Was that the one that was previously named after some sort of liquor?

by Anonymousreply 311January 17, 2022 1:14 AM

early results:

(5) Sakkari def. Maria 6-4 7-6(2)

(15) Svitolina def. Ferro 6-1 7-6(4)

(22) Bencic def. Mladenovic 6-4 6-3

Anisimova def. Hartono 2-6 6-4 6-3

(30) Giorgi def. Potapova 6-4 6-0

(31) Alcaraz def. Tabilo 6-2 6-2 6-3

Bonzi def. Gojowczyk 6-3 6-3 6-3

Tan def. Putintseva 6-3 6-3

by Anonymousreply 312January 17, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote] Is John Cain Arena a new name?

They named it after my father. The name lost two letters transporting it down under.

by Anonymousreply 313January 17, 2022 1:16 AM

Coria's tight pink shorts are about the only thing working for him so far against Monfils.

by Anonymousreply 314January 17, 2022 1:19 AM

Djere bent over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 17, 2022 1:38 AM

Aka, Os team or Orio, Os team?

by Anonymousreply 316January 17, 2022 2:11 AM

Is Osaka going to do press conferences here at the AO?

by Anonymousreply 317January 17, 2022 2:11 AM

R317 yes she did them last week too

more results:

Kwon def. Rune 3-6 6-4 3-6 6-3 6-2

Vukic upsets (30) Harris 4-6 6-3 7-5 7-6(3)

Albot def. Nishioka 6-3 6-4 4-6 6-2

(32) Sorribes Tormo def. Flipkens 6-4 6-1

Q. Zheng def. Sasnovich 6-3 1-6 7-6(5)

by Anonymousreply 318January 17, 2022 2:20 AM

Shapo wins.

by Anonymousreply 319January 17, 2022 2:36 AM

No one really needs to hear from Drysdale back in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 320January 17, 2022 2:56 AM

Rafa team or Giron team?

by Anonymousreply 321January 17, 2022 3:01 AM

wow really sad. Dokic is obese now. Her weight fluctuates more than Bartoli

Drysdale sounds senile now saying things without knowing all the facts

more results:

(13) Osaka def. Osorio Serrano 6-3 6-3

(14) Shapovalov def. Djere 7-6)3) 6-4 3-6 7-6(3)

(17) Monfils def. Coria 6-1 6-1 6-3

Lajovic def. Fucsovics 6-3 4-6 6-1 6(6)-7 6-1

Pera def. Alexandrova 7-5 6-3

by Anonymousreply 322January 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Who is more fuckable: Nadal or Giron?

by Anonymousreply 323January 17, 2022 3:11 AM

I think Giron is quite attractive

by Anonymousreply 324January 17, 2022 3:13 AM

Fucsovics is out. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 325January 17, 2022 3:16 AM

Marcus is a cutie

by Anonymousreply 326January 17, 2022 3:16 AM

Giron is so much hotter. Nadal looks like an LPGA player these days.

by Anonymousreply 327January 17, 2022 3:17 AM

Brengle beats Yastremska 6-1, 0-6, 5-0 retired.

by Anonymousreply 328January 17, 2022 4:00 AM

well we know Yastremska is just miss popularity on tour lol

(28) Khachanov def. Kudla 3-6 6-3 6-2 7-6(2)

Martincova def. Davis 7-5 6-2

(16) Garin def. Bagnis 6-3 6-4 5-7 6(4)-7 6-3

Kostyuk def. Parry 6-1 7-6(2)

Kozlov def. Vesely 7-5 6-3 6-4

Martinez def. Delbonis 7-6(15) 3-6 6-4 6-2

(7) Berrettini def. Nakashima 4-6 6-2 7-6(5) 6-3

by Anonymousreply 329January 17, 2022 4:14 AM

[R329] Yes, I saw the Yastremska score and thought, "of course".

by Anonymousreply 330January 17, 2022 4:46 AM

CoCo crashes out in Round 1.

by Anonymousreply 331January 17, 2022 5:51 AM

Korda upsets (12). Norrie 6-3 6-0 6-4

Parrizas Diaz def. Bara 6-3 6-1

Azarenka def. Udvardy 6-3 6-1

Mannarino def. Duckworth 6-4 2-6 3-6 6-2 6-1

(19) PCB def. Etcheverry 6-1 6-2 7-6(2)

Q. Wang upsets (18). Gauff 6-4 6-2

Bublik def. Escobedo 3-6 7-6(5) 6-3 6-3

(28) Kudermetova def. Liu 6-4 6-4

Koepfer def. Taberner 6-1 3-6 6-4 6-1

Bronzetti def. Gracheva 3-6 6-2 6-3

Van Uytvanck def. Bucsa 6-3 6-4

by Anonymousreply 332January 17, 2022 5:54 AM

Is Marty F the only DL boyfriend that isn't crazy?

by Anonymousreply 333January 17, 2022 6:24 AM

[quote]Call me CoCo crashes out in Round 1

ESPN in ruins! I only saw some of it but she looked pretty nervous, making a lot of errors.

Serena's ranking will drop to around #250 when her 2021 AO points come off

by Anonymousreply 334January 17, 2022 7:02 AM

(6) Nadal def. Giron 6-4 6-1 6-2

(10) Hurkacz def. Gerasimov 6-2 7-6(3) 6(5)-7 6-3

X. Wang def. Kuzmova 7-5 6-3

(4) Krejcikova def Petkovic 6-2 6-0

Ruse def. Paolini 6-1 6-3

Moutet def. Pouille 3-6 6-3 6-4 6-3

Griekspoor def. Fognini 6-1 6-4 6-4

(26) Ostapenko def. Schmiedlova 6(7)-7 6-4 6-1

(21) Pegula def. Kalinina 4-6 7-6(1) 7-5

Riske def. Vekic 6-2 6-2

Zanevska def. Juvan 7-6(7) 7-6(4)

by Anonymousreply 335January 17, 2022 7:24 AM

Nooooo! Why God, why? I blame you DL gays for jinxing my two GOAT legends who were sure bets to sweep the Grand Slam this year.

First Roger GOD pulls out (not out of Meerkat or whatever that heifer's name is, thank Jesus) and now CoCo GOAT is beaten by some Chinese player in the first round. This is unacceptable to tennis fans. Has the Chinese player been tested for PEDs? No way should she have beaten the legendary GOAT.

CoCo will go unbeaten for the rest of the year and avenge this loss, mark my words. And Pam, get your hand off my thighs. I am not like you. I am a God-fearing, married woman. Go sit with Wendy or Rennae or Martina if you want some lady fun.

by Anonymousreply 336January 17, 2022 7:48 AM

Oh no! Big Kokk's out already!

by Anonymousreply 337January 17, 2022 8:00 AM

Keys upsets (11( Kenin 7-6(2) 7-5

Kecmanovic def. Caruso 6-4 6-2 6-1 the happiest man in the world lol

Hanfmann def. Kokkinakis 6-2 6-3 6-2

(25( Sonego def. Querrey 7-5 6-3 6-3

(1( Barty def. Tsurenko 6-0 6-1

by Anonymousreply 338January 17, 2022 8:13 AM

Who are the crazy DL ATP boyfriends, R333?

by Anonymousreply 339January 17, 2022 10:58 AM

Hubie's definitely not one of the crazy DL boyfriends. Well, maybe between the sheets...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 17, 2022 11:03 AM

R322 “ wow really sad. Dokic is obese now” So is Osaka. Seems to make no difference.

by Anonymousreply 341January 17, 2022 11:23 AM

[quote]French Tennis Federation is working on welcoming unvaccinated players at Roland Garros - L'Equipe

[quote]"#BREAKING All athletes who wish to compete in France will have to be vaccinated against Covid-19, government sources tell AFP"

Macron ain't having any anti-vax nonsense. Tee hee. Tbh, smart to be honest, because like with the AO, spectators have to be vaccinated and Nole drama would probably play all over ' why is he allowed while everyone else isn't'.

by Anonymousreply 342January 17, 2022 1:01 PM

I be the will get fake vaccine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 17, 2022 1:01 PM

Ons Jabeur out with a back problem.

The Kenin-Keys match was a good one - both played well but Keys's serve was way too good. Several stunning aces.

by Anonymousreply 344January 17, 2022 1:19 PM

Badosa was really impressive against Tomljanovic. Both needed medical time-outs for leg/groin issues.

by Anonymousreply 345January 17, 2022 1:44 PM

When does DL fave "The Forehead" play her first match?

by Anonymousreply 346January 17, 2022 2:05 PM

Tomorrow R346, against Aussie wildcard player Maddison Inglis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 17, 2022 2:13 PM

Giron reminds me of actor Tyler Hoechlin. Giron also has a great ass which I hadn’t noticed.

by Anonymousreply 348January 17, 2022 2:21 PM

Insufferable Nadal going on and on in the press and his post-match. conference about he hasn't really played much the last two years. He's already building in the excuses in case he loses. Oh well, at least Nadal is vaccinated unlike idiot Djokovic, who probably had a very real shot to take the overall Slam lead but had to double-down on his stupidity instead of just doing the responsible thing.

Most pundits are picking Medvedev or Zverev to win. I'd put my money on Medvedev. I expect Tsitsipas to crash out early. After blowing the French Open final last year he just hasn't been the same player. I wonder if there is anyone who could take out Nadal before the semis?

by Anonymousreply 349January 17, 2022 3:02 PM

no French Open for novaxx!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 350January 17, 2022 3:08 PM

R350

Yep. They changed the rule today.

Why doesn't he get the vax? If he's so healthy it shouldnt make that much difference.

by Anonymousreply 351January 17, 2022 3:37 PM

Why are Serbians so weird? They all seem to have a persecution complex, complaining that Novak is being attacked for his nationality.

"When we Serbians are beaten down, we rise up stronger than ever" etc. etc.

When people do the wrong thing, they always make it about anything other than what they did wrong.

by Anonymousreply 352January 17, 2022 3:39 PM

Shapo in flight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 17, 2022 3:43 PM

R277

It's a time-honored DL tradition to think, pardon me, to KNOW that any hot fanciable man in the public eye is gay.

Even if he has never been seen with another man. Even if he has had the same girlfriend for years. Even if he is married.

Even if he has children. Even if... etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 354January 17, 2022 3:43 PM

R277

Check out the neighboring thread on Anne Frank. She is also gay, according to our resident experts.

by Anonymousreply 355January 17, 2022 3:44 PM

Lajovic booty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 17, 2022 3:44 PM

R354 Not everyone, but Nadal. Even my straight brother thinks he is gay, stop that frau.

by Anonymousreply 357January 17, 2022 3:51 PM

NoVax is refusing the vaccine specifically because he's being told that he HAS to get it. Of course, he didn't think that the rules would apply to him, so he fucked around in Australia and found out that they do. If health officials were denying him the vaccine, he'd be obsessed with getting it.

Look at how mad (white) people got when the papers reported that underserved minority communities in NYC were getting preferential treatment with COVID testing. With some people, it's about fighting The Man and Being Different.

by Anonymousreply 358January 17, 2022 4:05 PM

Judging by the mess that Osaka is wearing, Nike must hate her fucking guts.

by Anonymousreply 359January 17, 2022 4:16 PM

she designs the shit herself with nike.

by Anonymousreply 360January 17, 2022 4:24 PM

Can they not design something that will hide her spare tire?

by Anonymousreply 361January 17, 2022 4:38 PM

So Osaka is our first top-ranked blind player? Brava!

by Anonymousreply 362January 17, 2022 4:39 PM

Great news!

Has Rottenberg commented yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 17, 2022 7:11 PM

R357

Wow, if your straight brother thinks he's gay, then he must be gay.

by Anonymousreply 364January 17, 2022 7:29 PM

R339 Tommy Paul and Young Grigor Dimitrov are non crazy DL boyfriends too.

by Anonymousreply 365January 17, 2022 7:47 PM

Day 1 seed casualties:

WTA:

(11) Kenin

(18) Gauff

ATP:

(12) Norrie

(30) Harris

by Anonymousreply 366January 17, 2022 7:51 PM

Is it time to admit that Gauff is a good, but not great player?

by Anonymousreply 367January 17, 2022 8:07 PM

An announcer said Kenin is afraid people forgot about her. I mean...she has 0 personality

by Anonymousreply 368January 17, 2022 8:31 PM

Kenin is very feisty on the court however. Has a ton of personality there.

by Anonymousreply 369January 17, 2022 8:39 PM

Has the psycho chick with the 10 mile long forehead played yet?

by Anonymousreply 370January 17, 2022 8:40 PM

R364 No, he is not. Go back to kitchen

by Anonymousreply 371January 17, 2022 8:40 PM

Nadal is a nice guy who keeps his circle very small. everyone he hangs out with is from his childhood. He's OCD and gotta call his mommy 3 times a night. He's the type who has routines and is 100 percent predictable.

He's probably super boring...I wonder what's he's gonna do when his mother dies...he's gonna lose it big time.

by Anonymousreply 372January 17, 2022 8:54 PM

Lovely Laslo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 17, 2022 10:04 PM

grrrr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 17, 2022 10:10 PM

Djere is extremely hot.

Shapo looks amazing in full flight, wow.

Nice piece on Alcaraz on Tennis Channel last night. He's lovely.

Rooting hard for Murray this week. After that, not sure.

by Anonymousreply 375January 17, 2022 10:34 PM

I bought a month of ESPN+. I'm curious if there's commentary from the ESPN gang or does that not start til the network coverage at 1130pm ET?

by Anonymousreply 376January 17, 2022 11:11 PM

I’m watching Mugu and there is commentary.

by Anonymousreply 377January 18, 2022 12:27 AM

lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 18, 2022 1:11 AM

R371

Penis-breath, why did you address this comment to me? It is R357 with the obnoxious straight brother who thinks Rafa is gay.

Rafa is, as R372 correctly points out, is a typical Latin mama's boy. They're treated like little kings when young, which makes them sensuous when older.

by Anonymousreply 379January 18, 2022 1:13 AM

R379 , R371 and R357 is one person - me

by Anonymousreply 380January 18, 2022 1:22 AM

R378 is that fucking real? OMFG I fucking hate this guy.

by Anonymousreply 381January 18, 2022 1:23 AM

R382 no, this is a joke, but very good one

by Anonymousreply 382January 18, 2022 1:25 AM

early day 2 results:

(3) Muguruza def. Burel 6-3 6-4

Peterson def. Saville 6-2 6-3

Cirstea upsets (20) Kvitova 6-2 6-2

(19) Mertens def. Zvonareva 6-4 7-5

Kucova def. Doi 6-3 7-5

(27) Cilic def. Gomez 6-3 6-1 6-2

Kohlschreiber def. Cecchinato 6-4 7-5 7-6(0)

Cornet def Tomova 6-3 6-3

Van De Zandschulp def. Struff 6-4 6-3 6-2

by Anonymousreply 383January 18, 2022 1:34 AM

It seems like all the guys in the ATP top 30 have girlfriends or wives except Rublev, Sinner and Opelka. Why?

by Anonymousreply 384January 18, 2022 1:37 AM

Hey gays, don't forget to watch ME, DL fave LEYLAH! I'm not a loser like Call Me CaCa!

by Anonymousreply 385January 18, 2022 2:06 AM

DL fave Rudd out with a knee injury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 18, 2022 3:16 AM

More results:

Inglis upsets (23) Fernandez 6-4 6-2

(7) Swiatek def. Dart 6-3 6-0

(5) Rublev def. Mager 6-3 6-2 6-2

(6) Kontaveit def. Siniakova 6-2 6-3

Stosur def. Anderson 6(5)-7 6-3 6-3 this is Stosur's final event btw

(13) Schwartzman def. Krajinovic 6-3 6-4 7-5

(15) RBA def. Travaglia 7-6(2) 6-4 5-7 6-1

(31) Vondrousova def. Hon 6-2 6-3

O'Connell def. Gaston 7-6(4) 6-0 4-6 6-1

Gombos def. Skatov 6-3 6-2 1-6 6-4

Gasquet upsets (29) Humbert 3-6 7-6(4) 7-6(3) 6-3

Begu def. Dodin 2-6 7-5 6-3

by Anonymousreply 387January 18, 2022 3:16 AM

It's fun watching Cressy play. It's nice to see someone with a true S&V strategy.

by Anonymousreply 388January 18, 2022 3:27 AM

DL Villain Leylah lost.

by Anonymousreply 389January 18, 2022 3:28 AM

I've seen Maxime play a few times in UCLA vs USC battles when he was a Bruin.

He wears tight shorts.

by Anonymousreply 390January 18, 2022 3:40 AM

Dammit, Ruud rolled his ankle a few days ago and pulled out of the AO. I wish him the best, he's very sexy.

Let's hope the nudes leak while he's recovering.

by Anonymousreply 391January 18, 2022 3:55 AM

Raducanu could lose to Sloane Stephens. That match is a toss up. Could be both US open finalists are out Rd 1.

by Anonymousreply 392January 18, 2022 3:59 AM

Basilashvili looks like he'd throw a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 393January 18, 2022 4:04 AM

Mole advances.

by Anonymousreply 394January 18, 2022 4:30 AM

Misery team or Basilashvili team?

by Anonymousreply 395January 18, 2022 5:24 AM

I still kind of wanna bang Misery

by Anonymousreply 396January 18, 2022 5:26 AM

Murray just might be coming back in form. His constant yelling has returned lol you can see he really wants it like he used to and he's expecting himself to win tough points again

by Anonymousreply 397January 18, 2022 5:32 AM

His body is back to being tight as fuck. He's driving me crazy right now with those thighs

by Anonymousreply 398January 18, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] you can see he really wants it like he used to

There will be a lovely sucky sucky for my good boy when he comes home to his mum if he wins in Oz.

by Anonymousreply 399January 18, 2022 5:35 AM

Cressy is sexy

by Anonymousreply 400January 18, 2022 5:53 AM

Cressy blew three match points and let this go to a fifth set.

by Anonymousreply 401January 18, 2022 6:12 AM

holy shit Basilashvili has some of the most spectacular winners and horrific errors you'll ever see in 1 match

by Anonymousreply 402January 18, 2022 6:24 AM

bien fait, Cressy! def. Isner 7-6((2) 7-5 6(4)-7 6(4)-7 6-4 bye Isner. You can follow the "unfairly treated" (his words) Djokovic right out of Australia

by Anonymousreply 403January 18, 2022 6:42 AM

Damn. Big get for Andy Murray.

by Anonymousreply 404January 18, 2022 7:07 AM

Musetti looking gorgeous tonight.

by Anonymousreply 405January 18, 2022 7:08 AM

more results:

(14) Halep def. Frech 6-4 6-3

(11) Sinner def. Sousa 6-4 7-5 6-1

Johnson def. Thompson 7-6(5) 6(6)-7 4-6 6-3 6-3

Tauson def. Sharma 6-3 6-4

(10) Pavlyuchenkova def. Bondar 6-2 6-1

Konjuh def. Rogers 4-6 6-3 7-5

S. Zhang def. Golubic 6-3 6-4

(25) Kasatkina def. Voegele 6-3 6-1

Samsonova def. Bektas 7-5 6-4

(12) Rybakina def. Diyas 6(3)-7 7-6(3) 6-1

Watson def. Sherif 6-3 5-7 6-2

Daniel def. Barrios Vera 7-6(5) 6-1 6-1

Linette def. Sevastova 6-4 7-5

Paire def. Monteiro 6-4 3-6 7-5 2-6 7-5

Berankis def. Carballes Baena 6-1 3-6 2-6 6-3 6-4

Machac def. J. Cerundolo 6-3 2-6 6-4 6-2

Andujar def. Dzumhur 6-1 7-5 6-1

Baptiste def. Garcia 4-6 7-6(4) 6-3

(29) Zidansek def. Rus 3-6 6-3 7-6(8)

Murray upsets (21) Basilashvili 6-1 3-6 6-4 6(5)-7 6-4

(9) FAA def. Ruusuvuori 6-4 0-6 3-6 6-3 6-4 another nutter score

by Anonymousreply 406January 18, 2022 7:14 AM

Damn it, UGOAT, get your shit together! Having said that I've always loved Gasquet and his sublime one-handed backhand.

by Anonymousreply 407January 18, 2022 7:16 AM

So pleased to wake up to see Isner dumped out. Now, for Kyrgios. You can do this, Liam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 18, 2022 7:26 AM

Musetti needs to sit on my face STAT!

by Anonymousreply 409January 18, 2022 9:27 AM

I don't usually watch men's tennis. But, I've watched three men's matches now in the last two days, each with an Aussie playing (Millman, Kyrgios, Popyrin) and in all three instances, the crowds were very aggressive and obnoxious. It makes watching less enjoyable.

I watched Barty play yesterday, and it was a completely different (better) experience.

by Anonymousreply 410January 18, 2022 10:01 AM

Apparently, Raducanu can only perform if it's a Grand Slam (she's Sloane leading 5-0 in the first set). Weird.

by Anonymousreply 411January 18, 2022 10:25 AM

Liam may have lost to Kyrgios but the rainbow laces were a nice touch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 18, 2022 10:55 AM

Laaksonen is thiqq.

I'd hit that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 18, 2022 11:52 AM

ciao, Lorenzo

I dig the shorts, btw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 18, 2022 12:45 PM

Swiatek irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 415January 18, 2022 12:55 PM

Liam Broady was asked about his rainbow laces. He says that he doesn't know of any gay tennis players. Hmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 18, 2022 1:19 PM

LOL Leylah lost to a wild card! #SAD

by Anonymousreply 417January 18, 2022 1:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 18, 2022 1:48 PM

Sloane played like crap though. I can't see Emma getting pass Halep in the 3rd round, or a big hitter like Rybakina. We'll see though, would like to see her get her US Open form back.

by Anonymousreply 419January 18, 2022 1:59 PM

I'm a size queen, so I would take a Cressy/Murray tag team. In olden times I would have invited Pospisil, but he is so unrelentingly stupid that I can't get past it and onto the tripod.

by Anonymousreply 420January 18, 2022 2:23 PM

Radacanu did not face any Top 20 players in her US Open run. We'll see how she does if she has to face them, or if she can only win when she has a bubblegum draw.

by Anonymousreply 421January 18, 2022 2:24 PM

But such is the state of ladies tennis, when players like Radacanu and Kenin can win Grand Slams with little trouble. Meanwhile, in Florida, Serena Williams sits and wonders if she will ever be able to win just ONE more...

by Anonymousreply 422January 18, 2022 2:26 PM

best stat of the first set is that Sloane only won 4 points. She did get married on New Year's Day and this was her first match of the season.

by Anonymousreply 423January 18, 2022 2:27 PM

Serena is never playing again. You do not see any tennis content when you go to her insta page. NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 424January 18, 2022 2:32 PM

R420 Pospisil has become the Madison Cawthorn of the ATP!

by Anonymousreply 425January 18, 2022 5:24 PM

The crowd for Kyrgios/Medvedev is going to be a mess.

Wonder if Kerber, Kvitova, Petkovic, Zvonareva, etc. will be back in Melbourne next year. A lot of these veterans feel like they're done, to be honest. Kanepi at least can still kill a seeded player at every slam and pay off her Estonian condo. Sam Prehistosur is hanging up the towel after this run (a miracle she got to the round 2 but I feel like they rigged the draw for her).

by Anonymousreply 426January 18, 2022 7:59 PM

end of rd 1 seed casualties:

ATP:

(1) Djokovic -deportation

(12) Norrie lost to Korda in 3 sets

(21) Basilashvili lost to Murray in 5 sets

(22) Isner lost to Cressy in 5 sets

(29) Humbert lost to Gasquet in 4 sets

(30) Harris lost to Vukic in 4 sets

WTA:

(11) Kenin lost to Keys in 2 sets

(16) Kerber lost to Kanepi in 2 sets

(18) Gauff lost to Q. Wang in 2 sets

(20) Kvitova lost to Cirstea in 2 sets

(23) Fernandez lost to Inglis in 2 sets

by Anonymousreply 427January 18, 2022 8:16 PM

God I lo the inclusion of Djokovic - Deportation!

I really want Medvedev t give Kyrgios.a good hammering. His antics on and off the court and just general disrespect are really pissing me off. Something about someone so talented yet so lazy just mocking players who take things seriously really jerks my chain.

by Anonymousreply 428January 18, 2022 9:00 PM

Australia over Novaxx, love, one and love

by Anonymousreply 429January 18, 2022 9:04 PM

Korda and KRejocova look separated at birth

by Anonymousreply 430January 18, 2022 9:05 PM

As do Rublev, Sinner and Ruusuvuori.

by Anonymousreply 431January 18, 2022 10:01 PM

omg screaming laughter/crying here at the stats

can we talk about Basilashvili having 69 winners but 99 unforced errors against Murray? lmao he is the biggest ballbasher in tennis more so than Rublev

by Anonymousreply 432January 18, 2022 10:35 PM

Does Andy Roddick ever take that stupid baseball cap off? We all know he’s losing his hair. He’s almost 40 and looks like a fool.

by Anonymousreply 433January 18, 2022 10:41 PM

Karatsev had +80 winners and 107 unforced errors

by Anonymousreply 434January 18, 2022 10:56 PM

Team Daniil all the way. I hate Kyrgios more than anyone, including Novaxx, (although my detestation for Jimmy Connors is nearly as much).

by Anonymousreply 435January 18, 2022 11:56 PM

R433 He lost his hair but got transplants.

by Anonymousreply 436January 19, 2022 12:28 AM

Pam Shriver has big tits, wow.

Shapo's muscular, furry blonde legs have entered the building.

by Anonymousreply 437January 19, 2022 1:48 AM

Why doesn’t Nadal just wear a hat? His tics and superstitions are that strong that he won’t hide his unfortunate combover scalp from the entire world?

by Anonymousreply 438January 19, 2022 2:03 AM

Hanfmann is tall and ginger. I'm already thinking about his big uncut dick.

by Anonymousreply 439January 19, 2022 2:11 AM

Felix on fashion...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440January 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Kwon giving Shapo a tougher match than I would have thought.

by Anonymousreply 441January 19, 2022 2:57 AM

Alcaraz wears sleeveless way better than Zverev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442January 19, 2022 3:10 AM

God bless Rafa, he really just has a few precious tendrils hanging on. He should shave his head.

by Anonymousreply 443January 19, 2022 4:40 AM

The hysterical, screaming women at the Shapovalov-Kwon match are giving me life.

by Anonymousreply 444January 19, 2022 4:42 AM

PCB pulls it out over Griekspoor in five sets and four hours and ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 445January 19, 2022 4:56 AM

results so far:

(8) Badosa def. Trevisan 6-0 6-3

(15) Svitolina def. Tan 6-3 5-7 5-1 ret.

(30) Giorgi def. Martincova 6-2 7-6(2)

(1) Barty def. Bronzetti 6-1 6-1

Keys def. Cristian 6-2 7-5

(6) Nadal def. Hanfmann 6-2 6-3 6-4

(24) Azarenka def. Teichmann 6-1 6-2

(19) PCB def. Griekspoor 6-3 6(6)-7 7-6(3) 3-6 6-4

Kostyuk upsets (32) Sorribes Tormo 7-6(5) 6-3

(25) Sonego def. Otte 2-6 6-2 6-3 6-1

(21) Pegula def. Pera 6-4 6-4

(26) Ostapenko def. Riske 4-6 6-2 6-4

(31) Alcaraz def. Lajovic 6-2 6-1 7-5

Kecmanovic def. Paul 7-6(7) 7-5 7-6(8) from originally Djokovic in rd1 to now into rd3 wow

by Anonymousreply 446January 19, 2022 5:30 AM

the adidas outfits are so fucking ugly...I don't dig the colors at all.

by Anonymousreply 447January 19, 2022 6:02 AM

Boys, get a room!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448January 19, 2022 6:21 AM

R438

Probably because his head would get too hot and that would disrupt his game.

One of the great champions of tennis *does* have to consider these things, unlike you, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 449January 19, 2022 6:33 AM

[quote] Pam Shriver has big tits, wow.

Pam Shriver? Big tits? Pampers Shriver? Did super hetero Pampers get herself a boob job to go with whatever hideous facial procedure she had done? She now looks like Poppy Bush wearing makeup. Poppy Bush with giant pachongas? Must be some sort of Repug fetish for this creepy Reagan loving bitch.

by Anonymousreply 450January 19, 2022 6:36 AM

Jesus, Gaydrian's got his foot on hubby Hubie's throat!

2 sets up and 4-1 and serving in the third...

by Anonymousreply 451January 19, 2022 7:54 AM

The fucking Greeks in the crowd are making me root for Zheng.

I'm not even sure I can watch more of this at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 452January 19, 2022 8:39 AM

just you wait until the Medvedev-Kyrgios match lol if Medvedev thought the NY crowds were against him in 2019 he hasn't seen anything yet

by Anonymousreply 453January 19, 2022 8:42 AM

Meddy tends not to give a shit about spectators. He will crush "Cur"-gios.

by Anonymousreply 454January 19, 2022 6:42 PM

yes, poor nadal, looks like he lost a lot of hair on top.

by Anonymousreply 455January 19, 2022 6:50 PM

Nadal should have shaved his head completely years ago a la Agassi. He’s handsome and ripped enough to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 456January 19, 2022 6:59 PM

Nadal looks great in the white shorts!

by Anonymousreply 457January 19, 2022 6:59 PM

dau 3 seed casia;toes"

ATP:

(10) Hurkacz lost to Mannarino 4-6 2-6 3-6

WTA:

(22) Bencic lost to Anisimova 2-6 5-7

(32) Sorribes Tormo lost to Kostyuk 6(5)-7 3-6

by Anonymousreply 458January 19, 2022 7:04 PM

*casualties

by Anonymousreply 459January 19, 2022 7:05 PM

R456

Can we get over the trope that completely shaven heads are attractive?

I know men desperately want to believe that, but every time I see one I think "put a condom on it."

by Anonymousreply 460January 19, 2022 7:11 PM

Rafa is somewhat handsome off-court. No reason to shave his head (ugh!). You're judging his hair loss when it is all sweaty and clumped together. As said upthread, if you sweat through your scalp (I do, its awful) then hats are not your friend. His bandana is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 461January 19, 2022 7:27 PM

Cristian Garin tongue has me all hot and bothered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 19, 2022 7:30 PM

Garin is hot and his legs look bigger than ever this year!

McDonald is 1 of the cutest guys on tour. He's quite fit but imo needs to pack on more muscle because his game just isn't big enough. Karatsev just blew him off the court in the last 3 sets of their match yesterday

by Anonymousreply 463January 19, 2022 7:57 PM

Alcaraz is just STACKED.

*swoons*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 19, 2022 8:42 PM

grrrr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465January 19, 2022 8:55 PM

Leave Nadal alone. He's got more talent in his pinky that you asshole commenters have in your family tree. He looks fine and he's exceptional at his job, ya klootzaks.

by Anonymousreply 466January 19, 2022 9:25 PM

He looked awesome today. He's supposed to meet Zverev in the quarters i heard. Z also looked awesome today, even if Milman has no variety to his game. Anyway, that could be a great quarter-final.

by Anonymousreply 467January 19, 2022 9:33 PM

karatsev first

by Anonymousreply 468January 19, 2022 9:39 PM

Didn't I read that Karatsev had 100 UE and 80 winners today?

Talk about going for your shots.

by Anonymousreply 469January 19, 2022 9:41 PM

Wow, Shapo's already getting bags under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 470January 19, 2022 10:06 PM

let's see how you look after a 5-setter, hun

by Anonymousreply 471January 19, 2022 10:08 PM

I couldn't even get to the fifth set these days, R471.

by Anonymousreply 472January 19, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote]ya klootzaks.

Zo beleefd, R466. Je had ze ook kankerkutten of teringhoeren kunnen noemen.

by Anonymousreply 473January 19, 2022 10:18 PM

should have posted this here... what think you?

The WTA says that only 1 player in their top 100 isn't vaccinated. Deductions suggest that this is Bianca Andreescu, Jenny Brady or Karolina Muchova (Serena Williams had to be vaccinated to attend the MET gala). Brady and Muchova seem to be genuinely injured since they have not played other recent tournaments while Andreescu's reason for not playing the AO was weird - 'charity work'.

by Anonymousreply 474January 19, 2022 11:31 PM

Bianca is the chubby, bitchy girl with the weird mom right?

by Anonymousreply 475January 19, 2022 11:34 PM

who knew Canada would have Pospisil and possibly Andreescu who are as nutty as American right wingers?

by Anonymousreply 476January 19, 2022 11:37 PM

And the ATP say that 98 of their top 100 are vaccinated so that's just Djokovic and Sandgren.

by Anonymousreply 477January 19, 2022 11:46 PM

Dayum! Cornet takes out no. 3 seed Muguruza, and Tauson takes out no. 6 seed Kontaveit.

by Anonymousreply 478January 20, 2022 12:43 AM

She-hulk still has bad serving yips. Giggle.

by Anonymousreply 479January 20, 2022 1:19 AM

I don't know why but sometimes horn dog Daddy Fritz looks doable and then other times looks fug.

by Anonymousreply 480January 20, 2022 1:47 AM

Fritz team or Tiafoe team?

by Anonymousreply 481January 20, 2022 2:02 AM

We miss you, Domicakes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 20, 2022 3:05 AM

Cornet upsets (3) Muguruza 6-3 6-3

Tauson upsets (6) Kontaveit 6-2 6-4

(7) Swiatek def. Peterson 6-2 6-2

(2) Sabalenka def. X. Wang 1-6 6-4 6-2

Inglis def. Baptiste 7-6(4) 2-6 6-2

(5) Rublev def. Berankis 6-4 6-2 6-0

(27) Collins def. Konjuh 6-4 6-3

O'Connell upsets (13) Schwartzman 7-6(6) 6-4 6-4

(10) Pavlyuchenkova def. Stosur 6-2 6-2 sending her into retirement

(24) Evans gets walkover from Rinderknech

(27) Cilic def. Gombos 6-2 6-3 3-6 7-6(6)

Cirstea def. Kucova 6-2 6-4

Cressy def. Mahac 6-1 3-6 6-1 7-6(5)

(19) Mertens def. Begu 6-3 6-2

(31) Vondrousova def. Samsonova 6-2 7-5

by Anonymousreply 483January 20, 2022 3:10 AM

Fritz looks great at some angles. Sometimes not so much at side profile.

He also still is lanky and isn't naturally ripped like some other players.

by Anonymousreply 484January 20, 2022 3:15 AM

Tiafoe is unfortunately injured (shoulder) so the match isn't as good as it could have been

by Anonymousreply 485January 20, 2022 3:16 AM

Medvedev’s match will be at 3AM our (east coast) time. That’s the bad thing about the AO.

by Anonymousreply 486January 20, 2022 3:22 AM

The time difference would matter less if there were continuous (TV) coverage. Shitbag ESPN gives us <4 hours in the evening and that's only if football/basketball isn't on.

by Anonymousreply 487January 20, 2022 3:34 AM

R487 Unless you want to pay for ESPN+ (I don’t.)

by Anonymousreply 488January 20, 2022 3:39 AM

I don't think fans are happy with espn's mostly-streaming decision this year. I'm hoping they don't get the money they expected

by Anonymousreply 489January 20, 2022 3:39 AM

My cheap ass isn't paying for any damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 490January 20, 2022 3:47 AM

We’ll o pay for espn+ and still couldn’t watch the first 2 sets of the Fritz/Tiafoe match. Fucking Sabalenka/Wang on espn2…

by Anonymousreply 491January 20, 2022 3:50 AM

^ Well I pay

I can’t type for shit right now…

by Anonymousreply 492January 20, 2022 3:52 AM

aww Tiafoe and Fritz almost making out after the match.

by Anonymousreply 493January 20, 2022 4:03 AM

It's the middle of the night, on the East coast anyway. There is no reason ESPN can't show live tennis matches until dawn on one of their many channels. Instead, they have something called UFC Ultimate Knockouts on next, followed by reruns of Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption and Sportcenter. It's unacceptable. I think I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 494January 20, 2022 4:23 AM

R494 at least for now they're staying with Tsitsipas vs. Baez

by Anonymousreply 495January 20, 2022 4:35 AM

Paire and Dimitrov is a good looking match and I mean they both have the looks, (Paire sans beard is gorgeous) but he couldn't get a shirt that didn't show his sweat stains as much?

by Anonymousreply 496January 20, 2022 4:37 AM

Ke kwetse Shapo. Shapo omwa pota aike.

by Anonymousreply 497January 20, 2022 4:40 AM

look out for Baez when we get to the clay season. I didn't expect him to give Tsitsipas this much trouble on a hardcourt.

He's like Schwartzman but hits a bigger forehand

by Anonymousreply 498January 20, 2022 5:18 AM

FAA vs. ADF is a real dogfight! fun stuff

by Anonymousreply 499January 20, 2022 6:15 AM

Barmy Benny P through in 4 of Young Grigor!

by Anonymousreply 500January 20, 2022 7:36 AM

Medvedev has Kyrgios's head down the toilet. PLEASE KEEP FLUSHING!

by Anonymousreply 501January 20, 2022 9:04 AM

Wow, that between-the-legs shot from Kyrgios. He's fighting.

Rooting for Medvedev.

by Anonymousreply 502January 20, 2022 9:35 AM

Raducanu had some blisters and lost to Montenegran green clay scrub Danka Kovinic in 3 sets. That's both US Open finalists, and both YEC finalists out in the first two rounds. All these endorsements are so premature.

Glad Medvedev told the crowd off during the interview. I love Kyrgios' tennis and think he probably has a good personality at heart. But it's shameless and transparent the way he uses the tantrums and crowds and distractions as a delay tactic to gain more time between points (obviously he is not the fittest) and slow his opponent's momentum. If he actually put in any effort he'd be good enough to not need to do that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 20, 2022 11:17 AM

Raducanu will never go deep into another Slam unless she gets another kindergarten draw. That said, she may eventually get another one considering the inconsistent state of womens tennis.

by Anonymousreply 504January 20, 2022 12:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 20, 2022 1:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 20, 2022 1:26 PM

Good for Daniil for calling the behavior out. He has personality and gives a good interview. It was super smart for him to invoke disrespecting Courier.

by Anonymousreply 507January 20, 2022 1:34 PM

Fritz bulging beautifully after his Tiafoe match.

by Anonymousreply 508January 20, 2022 5:54 PM

luvs me sum daddy Fritz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 20, 2022 8:02 PM

^FINALLY, some pertinent information in this thread. Thank you, more please.

by Anonymousreply 510January 20, 2022 8:04 PM

sweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 20, 2022 8:07 PM

I like Medvedev more than ever now.

by Anonymousreply 512January 20, 2022 11:50 PM

Is Ostapenko pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 513January 21, 2022 12:35 AM

She isn't sponsored by Adidas any more and now seems to have Florida retirement home granny shorts.

by Anonymousreply 514January 21, 2022 1:13 AM

R513 I don't know but she looks it.

by Anonymousreply 515January 21, 2022 1:15 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Svitolina is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 516January 21, 2022 1:16 AM

g.e.m.s.birth

by Anonymousreply 517January 21, 2022 1:18 AM

Those Nike womens shorts are cute. They have a sexy cut to them.

Makes the girls look like they’ve got back 😬

The colors are fun, at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 518January 21, 2022 3:35 AM

Garin is so hot!!

by Anonymousreply 519January 21, 2022 3:37 AM

Best looking match of the day: Berrettini/Alcaraz

by Anonymousreply 520January 21, 2022 3:44 AM

fuck, that Fritz photo is hot. i did not realize he was so hairy, that's HAWT

by Anonymousreply 521January 21, 2022 5:25 AM

Alcaraz-Berrettini going to a fifth. Carlos looks like he is packing a huge one. 2-2 in the fifth.

by Anonymousreply 522January 21, 2022 6:38 AM

We’ve now moved on to a new, not-yet-paywalled thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 21, 2022 7:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!