Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway Season 19 - Part Two

Six designers down. Ten remaining.

And did you know that Bones' last name is Jones?

Bones Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 1:36 AM

Link to Part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 6:35 AM

Well thank god Katie finally went home. I know she wanted to push her fabric designs but they seriously limited her into one type of fabric. The dress she designed was possibly one of her better ones but the dress she was wearing was better despite being boring and everyday. I wish Coral hadn't covered the hat up, very disrespectful to the milliner. Bones design was hideous. Who'd want to wear that?

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 1:29 PM

Which producer ever thought, hey, maybe Mrs. Roper chic will catch on… I don’t get how Katie was ever considered for the show. So many bad designers this season all around.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 1:31 PM

Bones seems more interested in creating a character than designing clothes. Lose the wigs and hats, dear, and concentrate on creating something decent to send down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 1:43 PM

The remaining women are far more talented than the men. I'm guessing Bones will be the next to go, followed by Octavio and then Prajje (sorry, just never been a fan). Or maybe Aaron - I still haven't got his aesthetic or level of talent.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 1:55 PM

BRAVO is airing a Project Runway marathon today.

All the episodes that have aired so far.

It's on right now.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Yeah, the men really do suck. I’m not sure about the French lady. Her clothes are interesting, but they look bulky.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 2:37 PM

The French lady? Which one is that?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 2:43 PM

I think Nina might be pushing hard for Shantall to win.

She would be ecstatic if a Latina won Project Runway.

Oh, and according to the PR19 Wiki link, Shantall was already on Season 1 of Project Runway Latin America.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 2:44 PM

French, duh. Sorry, I meant Russian.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 2:47 PM

That would be Christina.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 2:55 PM

The judges seem to have a real hard-on for Christina while totally ignoring Anna. It's like they gave Anna the skating win only because everything else was so hideous.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 3:03 PM

Not in NYC R6. It ends at noon.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 3:18 PM

Anna and Christina will be in the final. Either Coral or Shantall as the third.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Call me crazy, but I think Prajee had a really great look and story with his design. He understood that the accessory was the star in this challenge, and he used that to his advantage and paid tribute to his grandmother. Remember, he won the challenge where he made a big deal about the model having to be black in order to make his bold statement piece design work. I very much like what he came up with this challenge.

Bones was in the bottom, because his design look convoluted and crafty (those ruffled & stitched seams looked so bad). A simple flowy dress with a self-made ombre print or design (creating the water cascading effect) would've suited the hat, the model, and the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 4:11 PM

Bones. Bones is all appearance. He is theatrical. He can drape. He can't design. I give him just two more episodes before he's gone.

How I long for Michael Kors insights. I almost heard him say "She looks like she's pooping fabric!" about Bones "gown" in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 5:55 PM

Bones wants to be a celebrity more than he wants to be a designer. I hope they learned their lesson with Jeffrey last season and pick a winner who wants a career in fashion and isn't in it for more Instagram or Only Fans followers.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 8:09 PM

Honestly, I don't believe Bones has the technical draping and tailoring skills to produce better work. He sometimes has interesting ideas but not the proper skill to produce them. Though he's overly defensive, I don't think he's stubborn or lazy, just very unskilled.

And, actually, in my earlier post about all the men getting dismissed before any more of the women, I forget Zayden. He will be leaving very soon. Next week it will be him or Bones. Then Octavio, followed by Praaje (Prajje? Prajee?) and Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Do you think there's any chance the show will spring Meg back on the designers? That would be quite a coup.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote] Were the designers purposely matched with their accessory designers?

I felt that too. The pairing were too appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 9:05 PM

Prajee had a good concept and a good story. He didn't try to compete with the gloves. However, I agree with some in the last thread, it didn't look like it fit very well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 9:08 PM

I thought Prajjie and Christina definitely had the top two looks this week. I didn’t think Octavio’s was that great. I thought the one with the jewelry as neckline was amazing. Anna?

And I would have been fine with a double elimination. And not for the first time this season.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] Were the designers purposely matched with their accessory designers?

[quote] I felt that too. The pairing were too appropriate.

I'm actually glad that the producers matched them on purpose.

It's exhausting watching the designers struggle with the producer-designed twists and turns.

It seems like they're really focusing on letting the designers just ... design. And I absolutely love it.

That's why they seem better than usual. Because in the past, the challenges were just dumb and made it so difficult for the designers to do their best work.

That said, Ottavio's dress was great. His model DD worked the shit out of it, and paired with the giant hat and giant circle suitcase, it was just perfection. Remember that this wasn't just about the dress, but about pairing it with the accessory. And Ottavio did it so well.

Kristina's design was also so beautiful. The sublime color, the fabric, the beautiful shoes. Loved it all.

Coral's was dramatic. Loved the mantilla-inspired head piece, and the strong color. The material was so unique too.

And I can't explain it, but the two times that Prajje's design walked down the runway, it made me cry. It was just so romantic, and sweet, and chic. I absolutely loved everything about it.

As for the bottom three, I don't think that Katie's was the worst.

I would have put Bones, Chasity and Katie. I probably would have sent Bones home.

Chasity's design was not flattering on her model. And Bones' design was way too much fabric. It was downright ugly.

That said, Bones is kind of hot. Who's his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 11:19 PM

Is there a car accident in next week's episode?

Does someone die??

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 11:28 PM

Prajje's is beautiful I'll give it to him. Just not completely sold on the fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2021 1:14 AM

Based on the edit, I think Shantall will win. She got one of the best edits this past week, and was just safe. I thought she would be in the top or bottom with how much they gave her.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2021 1:34 AM

R26

Or they’re foreshadowing something happening to her, like a breakdown like Meg causing her to leave the competition.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2021 1:41 AM

I think it’s between Kristina and Anna. Chasity had an early lead but she has construction issues. Bones will be off next.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2021 1:44 AM

"Prajje.....just concerned about the fit..."

What fit?? There was no fit, just big clumsy pleats that were forced into a waistband. Thank god for those gorgeous gloves.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2021 2:35 AM

Yes, I think Chasity is probably the weakest of the women designers now left. She may get bumped before Aaron or maybe Octavio (he's a wild card).

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2021 2:37 AM

I don’t get all the Octavio criticism here. I think he’s top three and his polka dot frock should have won last week’s challenge over that hideous I’ll-fitting mint green pant suit that whatshername sent down the runway. Octavio has been consistently a first runner up and his vision is very clear and very different from anything we’ve seen in the 19 seasons. He’s due a win, not elimination.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Prajje‘s design is the top rated on Reddit, behind Anna’s.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2021 2:48 PM

R32

And Octavio’s is third.

I think they didn’t want to put Anna in the top because she already won the last one.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2021 2:52 PM

Does anyone STILL, watch this show?

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Anna's was beautiful. The judges may have been too far away to take in the metalwork.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2021 5:21 PM

I forgot Anna had immunity. Most designers coast when they have immunity, just to take a break from the relentless stress. She turned out another fantastic look that should have been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote] I don’t get all the Octavio criticism here.

It's because he's weird looking.

And he has no eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Is Octavio hung? Did he have big low hangers? Someone here must know!

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2021 7:41 PM

Octavio's dress really only worked because it so perfectly carried the oversized hat and purse. Admittedly, that's no small feat but it doesn't convince me he really knows what he's doing. That ice skating look from the prior week is hard to banish from my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2021 9:00 PM

[R31] Hi Octavio.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2021 10:05 AM

Octavio does drama well. On the runway, I mean. Guys like him and Prajje have the advantage, because they think of a concept they can execute within the challenge's time frame. Except when it comes to challenges that require a more restraint design approach, like designing for former ice skaters who cover sports events.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2021 11:29 AM

Bones designs for wannabe strippers and drag queens. His designs look, for the most part, cheap and trashy. The only exception is the gold dress he designed for the other designer within an hour or 30 minutes in the first challenge.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2021 6:24 PM

I think he overthinks his designs. That’s why the dress he didn’t have time to think about was so good.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2021 6:27 PM

The gold dress was fine, it's been iterations on that and downhill since.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 2:48 PM

Did the show air last n ight or did they take Thanksgiving off?

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2021 3:54 PM

There was no new show last night.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2021 6:01 PM

Watching last week's episode. The Asian woman, who designed the black gown with the jeweled top...I thought was stunning and should have been in the top, not safe. That was one of my favorites. The red macramed (sp) look with the red hat should have been safe. I also thought the light green dress, very 50s nostalgic in a modern way...with the floral, bejeweled gloves was perfect. That was another one of my favorites. The winner's look was very nice, too...and I can see how it would win, as it was simple, functional and easy, which worked well with the shoes. It was a toss up between the black gown (safe) or the 50s look with the gloves, for me.

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2021 8:12 PM

I agree r47.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!