Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway Season 19 - Part Two

Six designers down. Ten remaining.

And did you know that Bones' last name is Jones?

Bones Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 20, 2022 9:23 PM

Link to Part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 5:35 AM

Well thank god Katie finally went home. I know she wanted to push her fabric designs but they seriously limited her into one type of fabric. The dress she designed was possibly one of her better ones but the dress she was wearing was better despite being boring and everyday. I wish Coral hadn't covered the hat up, very disrespectful to the milliner. Bones design was hideous. Who'd want to wear that?

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 12:29 PM

Which producer ever thought, hey, maybe Mrs. Roper chic will catch on… I don’t get how Katie was ever considered for the show. So many bad designers this season all around.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 12:31 PM

Bones seems more interested in creating a character than designing clothes. Lose the wigs and hats, dear, and concentrate on creating something decent to send down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 12:43 PM

The remaining women are far more talented than the men. I'm guessing Bones will be the next to go, followed by Octavio and then Prajje (sorry, just never been a fan). Or maybe Aaron - I still haven't got his aesthetic or level of talent.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 12:55 PM

BRAVO is airing a Project Runway marathon today.

All the episodes that have aired so far.

It's on right now.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 1:33 PM

Yeah, the men really do suck. I’m not sure about the French lady. Her clothes are interesting, but they look bulky.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 1:37 PM

The French lady? Which one is that?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 1:43 PM

I think Nina might be pushing hard for Shantall to win.

She would be ecstatic if a Latina won Project Runway.

Oh, and according to the PR19 Wiki link, Shantall was already on Season 1 of Project Runway Latin America.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 1:44 PM

French, duh. Sorry, I meant Russian.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 1:47 PM

That would be Christina.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 1:55 PM

The judges seem to have a real hard-on for Christina while totally ignoring Anna. It's like they gave Anna the skating win only because everything else was so hideous.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 2:03 PM

Not in NYC R6. It ends at noon.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 2:18 PM

Anna and Christina will be in the final. Either Coral or Shantall as the third.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 2:28 PM

Call me crazy, but I think Prajee had a really great look and story with his design. He understood that the accessory was the star in this challenge, and he used that to his advantage and paid tribute to his grandmother. Remember, he won the challenge where he made a big deal about the model having to be black in order to make his bold statement piece design work. I very much like what he came up with this challenge.

Bones was in the bottom, because his design look convoluted and crafty (those ruffled & stitched seams looked so bad). A simple flowy dress with a self-made ombre print or design (creating the water cascading effect) would've suited the hat, the model, and the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Bones. Bones is all appearance. He is theatrical. He can drape. He can't design. I give him just two more episodes before he's gone.

How I long for Michael Kors insights. I almost heard him say "She looks like she's pooping fabric!" about Bones "gown" in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 4:55 PM

Bones wants to be a celebrity more than he wants to be a designer. I hope they learned their lesson with Jeffrey last season and pick a winner who wants a career in fashion and isn't in it for more Instagram or Only Fans followers.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 7:09 PM

Honestly, I don't believe Bones has the technical draping and tailoring skills to produce better work. He sometimes has interesting ideas but not the proper skill to produce them. Though he's overly defensive, I don't think he's stubborn or lazy, just very unskilled.

And, actually, in my earlier post about all the men getting dismissed before any more of the women, I forget Zayden. He will be leaving very soon. Next week it will be him or Bones. Then Octavio, followed by Praaje (Prajje? Prajee?) and Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Do you think there's any chance the show will spring Meg back on the designers? That would be quite a coup.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote] Were the designers purposely matched with their accessory designers?

I felt that too. The pairing were too appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 8:05 PM

Prajee had a good concept and a good story. He didn't try to compete with the gloves. However, I agree with some in the last thread, it didn't look like it fit very well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 8:08 PM

I thought Prajjie and Christina definitely had the top two looks this week. I didn’t think Octavio’s was that great. I thought the one with the jewelry as neckline was amazing. Anna?

And I would have been fine with a double elimination. And not for the first time this season.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote] Were the designers purposely matched with their accessory designers?

[quote] I felt that too. The pairing were too appropriate.

I'm actually glad that the producers matched them on purpose.

It's exhausting watching the designers struggle with the producer-designed twists and turns.

It seems like they're really focusing on letting the designers just ... design. And I absolutely love it.

That's why they seem better than usual. Because in the past, the challenges were just dumb and made it so difficult for the designers to do their best work.

That said, Ottavio's dress was great. His model DD worked the shit out of it, and paired with the giant hat and giant circle suitcase, it was just perfection. Remember that this wasn't just about the dress, but about pairing it with the accessory. And Ottavio did it so well.

Kristina's design was also so beautiful. The sublime color, the fabric, the beautiful shoes. Loved it all.

Coral's was dramatic. Loved the mantilla-inspired head piece, and the strong color. The material was so unique too.

And I can't explain it, but the two times that Prajje's design walked down the runway, it made me cry. It was just so romantic, and sweet, and chic. I absolutely loved everything about it.

As for the bottom three, I don't think that Katie's was the worst.

I would have put Bones, Chasity and Katie. I probably would have sent Bones home.

Chasity's design was not flattering on her model. And Bones' design was way too much fabric. It was downright ugly.

That said, Bones is kind of hot. Who's his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 10:19 PM

Is there a car accident in next week's episode?

Does someone die??

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 10:28 PM

Prajje's is beautiful I'll give it to him. Just not completely sold on the fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2021 12:14 AM

Based on the edit, I think Shantall will win. She got one of the best edits this past week, and was just safe. I thought she would be in the top or bottom with how much they gave her.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2021 12:34 AM

R26

Or they’re foreshadowing something happening to her, like a breakdown like Meg causing her to leave the competition.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2021 12:41 AM

I think it’s between Kristina and Anna. Chasity had an early lead but she has construction issues. Bones will be off next.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2021 12:44 AM

"Prajje.....just concerned about the fit..."

What fit?? There was no fit, just big clumsy pleats that were forced into a waistband. Thank god for those gorgeous gloves.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Yes, I think Chasity is probably the weakest of the women designers now left. She may get bumped before Aaron or maybe Octavio (he's a wild card).

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2021 1:37 AM

I don’t get all the Octavio criticism here. I think he’s top three and his polka dot frock should have won last week’s challenge over that hideous I’ll-fitting mint green pant suit that whatshername sent down the runway. Octavio has been consistently a first runner up and his vision is very clear and very different from anything we’ve seen in the 19 seasons. He’s due a win, not elimination.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2021 10:49 AM

Prajje‘s design is the top rated on Reddit, behind Anna’s.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2021 1:48 PM

R32

And Octavio’s is third.

I think they didn’t want to put Anna in the top because she already won the last one.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Does anyone STILL, watch this show?

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Anna's was beautiful. The judges may have been too far away to take in the metalwork.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2021 4:21 PM

I forgot Anna had immunity. Most designers coast when they have immunity, just to take a break from the relentless stress. She turned out another fantastic look that should have been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] I don’t get all the Octavio criticism here.

It's because he's weird looking.

And he has no eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2021 4:55 PM

Is Octavio hung? Did he have big low hangers? Someone here must know!

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2021 6:41 PM

Octavio's dress really only worked because it so perfectly carried the oversized hat and purse. Admittedly, that's no small feat but it doesn't convince me he really knows what he's doing. That ice skating look from the prior week is hard to banish from my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2021 8:00 PM

[R31] Hi Octavio.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2021 9:05 AM

Octavio does drama well. On the runway, I mean. Guys like him and Prajje have the advantage, because they think of a concept they can execute within the challenge's time frame. Except when it comes to challenges that require a more restraint design approach, like designing for former ice skaters who cover sports events.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2021 10:29 AM

Bones designs for wannabe strippers and drag queens. His designs look, for the most part, cheap and trashy. The only exception is the gold dress he designed for the other designer within an hour or 30 minutes in the first challenge.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2021 5:24 PM

I think he overthinks his designs. That’s why the dress he didn’t have time to think about was so good.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2021 5:27 PM

The gold dress was fine, it's been iterations on that and downhill since.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 1:48 PM

Did the show air last n ight or did they take Thanksgiving off?

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2021 2:54 PM

There was no new show last night.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2021 5:01 PM

Watching last week's episode. The Asian woman, who designed the black gown with the jeweled top...I thought was stunning and should have been in the top, not safe. That was one of my favorites. The red macramed (sp) look with the red hat should have been safe. I also thought the light green dress, very 50s nostalgic in a modern way...with the floral, bejeweled gloves was perfect. That was another one of my favorites. The winner's look was very nice, too...and I can see how it would win, as it was simple, functional and easy, which worked well with the shoes. It was a toss up between the black gown (safe) or the 50s look with the gloves, for me.

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2021 7:12 PM

I agree r47.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 12:36 AM

Is there a new episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2021 1:56 PM

Yes, R49.

Guest judge: Miss Billy Porter

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2021 1:59 PM

Lots of competition though tonight with ANNIE Live! and Alec Baldwin's confessions to George Stephanopoulos on ABC.

Set your DVRs!

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2021 2:03 PM

What to watch?

What to watch??!!!

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2021 5:40 PM

What's tonight's challenge?

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2021 8:29 PM

Mz Porter?

@@

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2021 8:56 PM

Working in pairs, the designers must create innovative avant garde looks highlighting one of the most trendy and complicated of materials, faux fur; Billy Porter, the icon of modern avant garde fashion (snicker), is the guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2021 9:59 PM

So tonight it's either Black Annie or Black Tranny?

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote] Working in pairs, the designers must create innovative avant garde looks

At first, I thought you wrote "Working in Paris..."

That would have been so cool!

Rofl R56. I'm gonna watch Annie AND the tranny!

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2021 10:43 PM

Did it start yet?

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2021 12:19 AM

WHITE PRIVILEGE!!!!! BONES IS OUTRAGED!!!!! Here we go.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2021 1:45 AM

I am glad the show is back. Missed it last week.

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2021 1:55 AM

Really hoping Billy Porter just fades away soon. Cannot fucking stand him.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2021 2:21 AM

The guest judge hit the nail on the head when he said that Octavio/Anna's outfit looked like it could be worn by a female villain on The Flintstones. I didn't love the pink fabric of Chasity/Prajje's dress, though it was well made. It reminded me of a bathmat.

Did anyone else notice how all of the designer guys were over the top cracking up at Billy's antics while helping Mimi walk in the pink outfit? They didn't have to try so hard... none of the women contestants were busting a gut like the guys were.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2021 2:21 AM

I did not like that red strappy thing that Coral and ? made. It just had too many components for me - strings and belts and knots and shit swinging and swaying.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2021 2:28 AM

Saved!

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2021 2:34 AM

The silhouette of the winning dress has been done to death on the show. It was pretty and dramatic, and the model sold the hell out of it, just not sure why the judges were falling all over themselves praising it like it was fresh and new.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2021 2:43 AM

Oooh—Seatbelts and marcrame. Now novel.

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Substantively terrible episode with excellent drama.

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2021 2:50 AM

I agree r65. The print and the skirt (not the fur part) is actually what made the dress for me.

by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2021 3:26 AM

Those models really know how to rock crap.

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2021 3:27 AM

I didn't really love the winning look. They added extensions to the pink fur so there's weird hem lines.

We have seen that kind of thing before. The umbrella look for instance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 3, 2021 5:34 AM

Straps are not uncommon these days on runways but I still thought the second best look was strong. As they said, modern and also commercial. It was fierce!

by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2021 5:36 AM

I'm surprised how well the painted one turned out. I think the designers deserve credit for pulling off that unlikely match of fur with messily painted fabric.

That said, I think this week was pretty awful conceptually. Fur doesn't lend itself to sculpting and gathering and shaping, all the things avant garde typically involves. I get the team who did the quilted interior (which I liked) because I also feel like fur only works stylistically as an outer shell, not as a garment itself, and so the patchwork cocoon idea works for me about as well as any unconventional fur-based design could. I don't ever want to see a person wearing tailored fur shirts, pants or dresses. That's just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 72December 3, 2021 7:19 AM

I truly wondered if some kind of professional assistance was brought into the workroom at the last (unseen) minutes because ALL of the designs were looking so horribly clunky and unwearable. And then on the runway, most of them, Octavio and whatshername's excepted for me, were suddenly quite exciting.

I have to credit the models who can somehow make just about anything look interesting, certainly the dramatic lighting, too....but what miracles happened in the final hour in the workroom really was a mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2021 1:35 PM

" As a black designer....." " The black man always has to take a back seat to the white man....." Black, black, black. Just shut up and design something. The only reason your ass is on the show is because of your blackness, not your skill. Right, Bones?

by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2021 1:41 PM

This season is terrible. The designers are duds and the clothes are terrible. Time to pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2021 2:38 PM

Billy Porter was a great judge. I even thought he was better than the regular judges. I don’t get DL’s hate for him.

Also, the other guest judge was better than Brandon Maxwell.

by Anonymousreply 76December 3, 2021 4:30 PM

R59

Bones was actually completely in the right. Aaron went off on him for no reason, and acted like Bones was beneath him the whole time, and his suggestion was accurate. You actually proved his point. You don’t attack Aaron for starting the bullshit, but you paint Bones (the black man) as the villain for hitting back and defending himself.

And Bones was not involved in the Meg drama, racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2021 4:34 PM

Aaron was in the wrong but why does race have to be brought into it. He would have been an asshole to a white collaborator for the same reason because he’s clearly a jerk. I didn’t see Bones as a villain but I did roll my eyes when he said he was automatically in the wrong because he’s black.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2021 4:52 PM

Billy Porter was a good judge! I liked the winning one; the painting came out better than I thought it would. The model made it look like she couldn't walk. But she could!

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2021 5:05 PM

Seems like the runway was slippery. She could only walk on the studio floor.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2021 5:08 PM

I think Prajje is my favorite designer this season.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2021 5:38 PM

There’s never an episode without a cute/funny moment between Christian and Chasity.

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] As they said, modern and also commercial.

Not words that should come to mind when you judge an avant-garde challenge.

IMO the winning dress did deserve to win, because - after the whole car accident drama - the challenge's time frame got cut short, and the winning designers still were able to execute their vision.

Of course, the "I have this in the bag! This is my kind of thing!" contestants struggled. Aaron was a total dick to Bones, who saved the dress by fighting for his input to be considered. I agree with the judges that Anna and Octavio's design was kind of lame and almost restraint for these two designers.

I love Billy Porter. He was fun, and he was entertaining as guest judge, and the last minute replacement for Brandon was great, too. He was good looking and he had some constructive criticism. But I guess for some he may not be flashy, snarky and witty enough.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2021 6:20 PM

Brandon isn’t flashy, snarky or witty. Michael Kors is. Brandon tries very hard but he’s dull, dull, dull.

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2021 6:23 PM

I loved that Elaine was dressed for the challenge. I look forward to seeing her outfits every week.

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2021 6:34 PM

I get the sense Billy Porter wants free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2021 6:39 PM

Honey, they all want free stuff. And those designers would be thrilled to have Billy photographed in their designs so they’re more than happy to give him clothes for free.

by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2021 6:43 PM

Yes, but the rest of them have the dignity not to ask explicitly and repeatedly on television.

by Anonymousreply 88December 3, 2021 7:02 PM

Huh? That’s how it works and it’s no secret. And they don’t actually get to keep the clothes most of the time, they’re loaned for the event. Billy Porter would probably only wear the dress once to one event.

by Anonymousreply 89December 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Just stop. Lots of guest judges will make a comment about wanting to have the clothes. Billy wouldn’t shut up about it. He was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2021 7:19 PM

R90 why is Billy tacky and the others aren’t for saying the same thing? Geez it’s not like he wore white after Labor Day. He was enthusiastic and expressed it. Not tacky to me.

by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2021 9:17 PM

Because he said it SO MANY times.

by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2021 9:19 PM

R92, I found that endearing, not tacky.

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2021 9:20 PM

No one has said that the one pink outfit with the reveal was a giant vagina! So literal. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2021 9:43 PM

Christian sort of said it, but I was surprised the judges didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]Billy Porter was a great judge. I even thought he was better than the regular judges. I don’t get DL’s hate for him.

Vomit. Billy Porter made it all about Billy Porter at every opportunity. When he got up and strutted like a model beside the runway, he may as well just shouted out "Look at me! Everybody look at me! All eyes this way!"

by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2021 9:49 PM

What is the name of the hot Colombian fashion designer/judge? LOVED him. He was so sweet and smart, too. Bring him back.

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2021 11:19 PM

Billy Porter is his own greatest advocate. And in a society where minorities, like gay black men, have to fight hard to get anywhere with their professional careers, I don't see anything wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2021 4:51 AM

I don't mind Porter as much as most gay guys do, but I did also get the sense on PR that he was angling for ostentatious freebies to wear for photo ops. I found it a little off putting but also a little endearing that he is so unabashed about his attention seeking, almost like a little kid. He's a lot, though.

by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2021 5:38 AM

Esteban Cortazar R97

by Anonymousreply 100December 4, 2021 5:39 AM

As soon as I saw the bottom four I knew there was going to be a save. Agree with the strap/macrame hate.

by Anonymousreply 101December 4, 2021 7:39 AM

[quote] Agree with the strap/macrame hate.

Especially when the background story was convicted by Coral AFTER Christian suggested a cage/mask to liven up the otherwise dull dress. And Elaine fell for it hook, line and sinker.

And you could tell the producers talk to the judges about what goes on in the workroom and at the lodging, since the first word out of the judging panel was “drama” when it came time to address Aaron and Bones.

by Anonymousreply 102December 4, 2021 7:43 AM

*concocted

by Anonymousreply 103December 4, 2021 7:44 AM

But the save was used right. I like Shantall and IMO she is a decent designer.

by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2021 7:45 AM

I'm sick to death of the woke. I'm tired of the endless stories of overcoming stuff because they're Black/female/trans/whatever. Why can't they just do the fashion?

by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2021 9:47 AM

R96

Actually, that moment was great. I thought the same thing as him: that the model couldn’t walk well in it. But thanks to him we saw that was false. He not only had great criticism, but he put the response to the test.

by Anonymousreply 106December 4, 2021 1:33 PM

I assumed that the slow and sinuous stride the model took in Chasity and Prajje's gown on the runway was intentional and done for dramatic reasons and it totally worked and sold the dress The challenge of this episode was not to create an outfit that could/should be worn outside of any runway.

by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2021 2:26 PM

Shantall is my favorite among the designers and I was shocked they chose her, but I knew Christian would save her, anyway, so I wasn't surprised.

by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2021 2:31 PM

I like the designers but with high fashion houses like Balmain and Vuitton having black designers, is it really worth making such a big deal of being black or Hispanic in fashion. The young Mexican girl who did the cage should have expressed it as an economic prison. How does a Mexican in Mexico claim they're discriminated against? Bones at least has a sense of humor and doesn't cry as much as the others when he complains.

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2021 2:57 PM

Someone says it every year, it this is truly the worst crop of designers. I’m sure Katie is a nice person, but come on. And guys like Bones have questionable talent and ability.

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2021 1:23 PM

The women are better designers overall even though they’ve all had flops (Coral, Anna, Chasity, Shantall), but the men have more personality and brought the majority of the drama the show requires. Prajje is the best designer of the guys. I really can’t get into Kristina and Octavio’s designs for the most part. Kristina really bothered me last episode.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2021 1:34 PM

[QUOTE] What is the name of the hot Colombian fashion designer/judge? LOVED him. He was so sweet and smart, too. Bring him back.

I wish that Esteban Cortazar (so fucking cute) would just replace Brandon Maxwell. Brandon is humorless, not funny at all, and just takes himself way too seriously. I laugh every single week when they show him “Zoolandering” in the opening credits. It’s hysterical.

Why is he famous? Who even is he?

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote] Bones was actually completely in the right. Aaron went off on him for no reason, and acted like Bones was beneath him the whole time, and his suggestion was accurate.

Absolutely.

I was kind of impressed when Bones said he was a physics major. I never would have guessed.

But Bones is full of surprises. And I still think he's attractive. Minus the blonde wig.

[quote] There’s never an episode without a cute/funny moment between Christian and Chasity.

Same here! I absolutely love Chasity. She's so chill, and just good energy.

She also has such a playful quality that I like.

It cracked me up when Christian started doing his runway walk, and Chasity sat there saying, "Oh!.... Oh!! ... OH!" every time Christian did a pose. It was hilarious!

[quote] As soon as I saw the bottom four I knew there was going to be a save.

Same here. Although I think Anna should have been the one sent home.

A staple gun? Really?

That outfit was a fucking disaster. It looked like like clumps of fur, as if a lion had attacked it.

Just hideous.

I feel that of all the outfits, the Aaron/Bones outfit was the best. That dress was lovely, and since fur HAD to be used, the "Game of Thrones" / "Arctic" theme was the best idea.

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Does anyone else like Coral's partner?

I keep forgetting his name, but he's such a nice guy.

I never would have thought that he was an introvert, but I guess that's why I like him. He doesn't get in the mix.

And that video call with his mother was so cute.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2021 2:38 PM

Aaron is annoying and looks like he’s a messy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote] Aaron is annoying and looks like he’s a messy bottom.

Rofl! He really does.

"Take your tie dye and walk away!" Lol.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2021 2:46 PM

I keep hoping the season will get better. It's really hard to watch. Designs for the most part are terrible. The woke interjections are becoming annoying and the judges all seem like they are on lithium.

by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2021 2:54 PM

The whole judging panel is blah. They desperately need a personality who can lead the panel. Zac Posen could do it, but they replaced him with Brandon for some odd reason. The judging portion of the show used to be the best part of the show, but now it's just boring.

by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2021 3:20 PM

I am ambivalent about Brandon but I like him better than Zac. Zac is smug and smarmy and he seemed to be trying to impersonate Michael Kors but just came across as forcing 'cleverness' and ending up mean.

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Esteban Cortazar looks like a tiny little thing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2021 3:24 PM

The tone of the judging panel changed when they brought on Elaine Woke-teroth.

by Anonymousreply 121December 5, 2021 3:25 PM

R121 Agree totally, and not only of the judging but of the whole show. I find it disappointing but it is a sign of the times. From the time she joined, she began judging based on sociopolitical statements and not fashion design, and from that point on, the other judges and the designers followed. I think it's fine if an artist is inspired by a sentiment including political messaging, but when that overtakes artistic expression, it kills it.

by Anonymousreply 122December 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Elaine is almost a parody of a “woke” woman of color. Does she have any idea how annoying she is?

Also, I can’t believe Octavio was trying to do that Hefty bag bottom look yet AGAIN. It’s so unflattering and just tired.

by Anonymousreply 123December 5, 2021 3:29 PM

I agree, R121.

Thankfully, Elaine has toned it down a lot since her first season.

I could not STAND her when she first appeared.

Now she seems to be having more fun, she's dressing well, and she's being very nice to the contestants.

Best of all, she's not as PREACHY as she used to be. I fucking hated it!

by Anonymousreply 124December 5, 2021 3:29 PM

Sexy little Esteban is so adorable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 5, 2021 3:33 PM

Elaine really lightened up this season and toned down the wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 126December 5, 2021 3:44 PM

Yes, R126, I've noticed that and thank God. Maybe the woke thing is wearing thin on everyone including her, ir maybe she feels less defensive/offensive without that Amazon Kushner in the room.

by Anonymousreply 127December 5, 2021 3:45 PM

In past seasons, when a designer tried to spin some woke story to save their ass, they were told that they were being judged based on their design not their story. Now, all a designer has to do to stay on the show is talk about how they wet the bed when they were a kid. It's no longer about the designs anymore.

by Anonymousreply 128December 5, 2021 7:27 PM

How I miss bitchy dishy Michael Kors!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 5, 2021 10:23 PM

Bones has no aesthetic, he's all over the place. Very entertaining character though. The wig changes kill me.

by Anonymousreply 130December 5, 2021 11:45 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 131December 9, 2021 9:19 PM

I have a feeling that either Bones or Aaron will go home.

They really are at the bottom of the pack now.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2021 12:05 AM

My vote is Bones. I'm not even sure he's trying to stay any more.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2021 12:11 AM

So they bring in Cyndi Lauper out of nowhere to wander around the workroom giving “critiques” then some weird segment where she’s bonding with Geoffrey about being comfortable in your skin and plugging that Psoriasis drug whose commercials with her are EVERYWHERE already. And her poor face is totally frozen. Ugh what WAS that??

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2021 1:59 AM

I never would have thought Bones would outlast Octavio

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2021 3:21 AM

Double elimination shocker! Octavio and Zayden both sent home after sending pretty tragic loungewear down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2021 3:21 AM

They should have sent Bones off with the other two. Incredible that he was safe tonight with that ill-fit monstrosity (and with curlers in her hair!).

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2021 3:57 AM

After Christian used his "save" last week, it was sort of inevitable that there would be a double elimination. They have X number of weeks of shows to fill, and they need to get to X-3 (or X-4) in that number of weeks. Christian bringing back an eliminated contestant threw that whole equation into disarray. I have to say though....I think they should have included Coral in the purge. That ensemble was from her "Hookers in Lockdown" collection.

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] Ugh what WAS that??

Remember the Dixie Cup challenge?

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2021 5:02 AM

Loved the winning design. I thought it was the best creation so far this season.

by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2021 5:04 AM

Many of the designs had bare midriffs. Do most women sit around at home in bras and loose pants with their bellies hanging out?

by Anonymousreply 141December 10, 2021 8:34 AM

Judging strictly from the critiques, it seemed the only outfit they unanimously agreed on was Chasity’s - for the win. But they probably felt giving her three wins - including a back to back- was too much. I felt the winning design was too busy, and can’t believe Valentina’s colorful well-executed and tasteful ensemble was just safe.

by Anonymousreply 142December 10, 2021 8:58 AM

Which one is Valentina??

by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2021 11:07 AM

Ugh. Forgot about the curlers. I thought the look was supposed to go from couch to around town? But whatever. I knew that Elaine would hate Aaron's outfit. It wasn't that dissimilar to Chastity's which she loved, but Aaron is a white male, so...

by Anonymousreply 144December 10, 2021 2:09 PM

Aaron’s was the most wearable. Simple and chic. But maybe it was too simple to win. I don’t think Aaron being white had anything to do with him not winning. Elaine can be just as harsh with black designers.

by Anonymousreply 145December 10, 2021 2:21 PM

Pretty blah episode

by Anonymousreply 146December 10, 2021 4:43 PM

As a matter of fact, Elaine was very harsh on Prajje's look.

I'm not a fan of his but actually kind of liked what he did and was surprised it was in the low ranks, if not at least safe like Bones" monstrosity. I wonder if it looked worse in person?

by Anonymousreply 147December 10, 2021 5:25 PM

Prajje should have been safe. It looked like PJ’s but wasn’t horrible. At least he didn’t come up with a sequined disco look.

by Anonymousreply 148December 10, 2021 6:02 PM

The sequined one was so terrible that I reflexively waved at my TV and heard myself say "No. Bye bye!" as soon as it walked out.

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2021 6:04 PM

Nina wouldn’t be caught dead in that sequined outfit. Who was she kidding?

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2021 6:21 PM

I'm a little surprised/disappointed that the judges didn't consider that perhaps Coral's English wasn't strong enough to totally comprehend the entire point of the challenge. I hope that doesn't sound condescending on my part - apologies if so.

by Anonymousreply 151December 10, 2021 9:36 PM

I actually liked Aaron’s look the best. It was truly luxe.

by Anonymousreply 152December 10, 2021 9:36 PM

Yes, r151. She might have thought loungewear mean VIP Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 153December 10, 2021 10:06 PM

Or maybe she was designing loungewear for Liza Minnelli?

Aaron designed the cool bra to make his outfit look younger and then buried it under a shirt and cardigan.

I sit around my house in my underwear (or panties, as Bones would say), so why can't women?

by Anonymousreply 154December 10, 2021 10:42 PM

r151 Nina Garcia has a strong accent. If she thought language was an issue, she sure didn't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Just what we needed, more pajamas! The designers have been sending flowy oversized pajamas down the runway all season!

by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2021 11:12 PM

I knew Kristina was going to win as soon as they announced the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Best part of the episode: seeing sexy Bones in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2021 12:10 AM

Worst part of the episode: seeing Bones in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Christina rocked it. Why did Brandon Maxwell say it was borderline costume? I liked the cup. It was playful and gave me 60s kookiness.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2021 3:43 AM

Michael Kors always had snappy lines for the outfits. The judging is more toned down and it's partly the politics. They're afraid to be harsh. It's more about feelings and being supportive and "positivity".

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2021 3:49 AM

I didn't think Octavio's was that bad. The sleeves were unnecessary. iI didn't really get the point of challenge either. Comfort but luxury. But then the judges were assessing them as something you can literally wear on your couch and then go out? Zayden had serious fit issues. Again, the larger models are a curveball if you've trained with and are used to fitting typical models.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2021 3:55 AM

Athleisure wear. Like designer sweatpants.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2021 4:50 AM

Zayden’s outfit did not flatter his model at all. The fit was so distracting I didn’t even notice the bomber jacket. I think the choice of shoe and the tacky lingerie put Octavio in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2021 4:51 AM

I can't believe the judges were so gushy about the puffy jacket. It looks like something you'd buy on Amazon for $39.99 and then get in the mail from China four months later—not that that has happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2021 6:51 AM

Octavio's outfit should have been titled 'Underneath this, I'm a whore' because that's what it looked like. Especially when the model 'flashed' the underwear every so often. The move was hardly elegant. Plus suspender belts and stockings are NOT comfortable, trust me, I know. No woman wants to wear them relaxing around the house. Unless they're a whore.

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2021 1:54 PM

No, R159, it was him referring to his briefs as "panties". God, I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2021 2:08 PM

I think the judges were only being kind about Zayden's puffy jacket to....be kind. It was way too skimpy for the model to even get it up onto her shoulders. Zayden seemed like a very sweet guy but without any skills or vision. IIRC his only success was with the streetwear challenge on a male model in a very loosely fit ensemble.

Gotta say, too, that I wonder if some professional help was secretly brought in at the last minute to help him finish that grey knit jumpsuit because as bad as it was on the runway, it was virtually unwearable at his last fitting. And yes, I do believe there is an occasional bit of that kind of producer-employed cheating used on the show.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2021 2:14 PM

Some of them are young. They don't have the experience to really problem solve yet. Making clothes is a day to try, a lifetime to master in my book.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2021 2:30 PM

R168. Maybe a few of the other designers helped him at the end. Many unfinished garments have gone down the runway and I’m sure the producers love when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2021 2:31 PM

As Octavia was eliminated, does that mean tranny model Mimi Tao is gone too?

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2021 2:51 PM

This episode was just weird. The guest appearances, the "stick with your gut / you better change this!" critiques, the challenge, the drab designs, etc.

It was time for Octavio, because he didn't deliver much in the last few challenges. And it's downright criminal that the King of Oversized clothing couldn't come up with something actually comfy and had to make it about lingerie and sexy. The model lifting the jacket up was vulgar and grotesque. Nothing to do with comfy and lux.

Zayden's design was an ill fitting mess. The tiny bomber jacket vanished within that dreadful drab hanging on the plus-sized model.

So, two female contestants lost their PR husbands. That was the saddest part of it.

And most designers had such a drab color scheme going. I didn't like Aaron's design at all, because it felt too depressing and to me it did look old grandma.

To me the winning design was a winner, because it was fun, colorful resort wear.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2021 5:36 PM

I love Cindy Lauper's accent. She's so New York.

[quote] Zayden's outfit did not flatter his model at all. The fit was so distracting I didn’t even notice the bomber jacket.

Did you SEE his model?

I don't think that anyone could properly fit her body, short of putting a tent around her.

That girl was bulging in places where I didn't know it was even possible to bulge!!

Poor Zayden, having to design for her.

That said, the fact that Octavio couldn't design a proper outfit for a model with Mimi's body, just shows that he's a worse designer than Zayden.

Mimi looked like a cheap tranny hooker. Period.

And no other designer has ever made this trans model actually look like a trans hooker.

Oh, and Chasity should have won.

The other two outfits in the top three, had issues. But Chasity's was nearly flawless.

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2021 7:28 PM

Chasity's outfit would have benefitted (and won) with some kicky colorful sneakers and a purse to liven it up. The whole thing lacked wit and just looked too cold and distanced. It was not engaging like Kristina's.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2021 7:34 PM

Zayden's horrible model....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2021 7:45 PM

And just look at what Octavio did to Mimi!!

He really did deserve to go home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2021 7:46 PM

And I'm sorry, but Christina's "winning" outfit had way too much going on.

I thought it was ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2021 7:47 PM

It will be sad not being able to see Zayden’s nice ass every week.

by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote]That girl was bulging in places where I didn't know it was even possible to bulge!!

Of course, Elaine had to say something woke about the model having a beautiful and bangin' bod. Bitch, please! These plus-sized models don't belong on the show.

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2021 8:39 PM

It's patronizing to always compliment larger models on their bodies when the criticism is always obviously that the clothes are unflattering to their bulges.

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2021 8:47 PM

Giving these people a ONE DAY challenge plus a bordering on morbidly obese model and then bitching that the garment was “poorly fitted”? Fuck this show.

by Anonymousreply 181December 11, 2021 10:02 PM

Zayden bought horrible fabric: gray neoprene, Royal blue rip stop nylon, some cheap looking knit. Not surprised he was voted off but I thought Bones would go before Octavio. Bones is riding on fumes.

by Anonymousreply 182December 11, 2021 10:17 PM

Once again, the edit favors Christian and his sage advice. He called Octavio crazy for putting those feathered pink shoes on his model. And the judges pointed them out as something they didn't like at all on the model.

And Christian gives borderline hands on advice, telling the designers to change specific things or add something in order to make it a "not in the bottom" look. If they listen to Christian, that's what happens.

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2021 10:22 PM

Only two males left.

Aaron and Bones.

Bones will be gone soon enough, so it looks like Aaron will make it to the finals.

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2021 10:32 PM

R183, to be fair, we all thought those shoes were criminal.

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2021 10:50 PM

I think it will be an all female finale: Chasity, Kristina, Anna

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2021 10:58 PM

I agree with r186.

And Aaron will be gone soon, Bones sooner. But don't forget Prajje,,,,he's a man though I don't think he'll make it to the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2021 11:01 PM

Zayden’s model had her boob and belly hanging out during the fitting. It wasn’t pretty.

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2021 11:03 PM

Forgot about Prajje! That's three male designers left.

And R188, you're exactly right.

I don't know how in the hell any designer is expected to work with that body, and do a proper fitting in just one day.

That's just fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2021 11:38 PM

Bones is next, Aaron after him, then Prajje. Coral will be in that mix somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2021 11:41 PM

These women left are the best designers of the season, but they didn’t bring any personality or drama to the show like the men did. Besides Chasity, they’re all pretty boring. Even that Kristina/Shantall drama was boring. At least I can finally tell them apart.

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2021 12:47 AM

Zayden could have put his model in in a flowy robe/caftan and/or palazzo pants like Kristina did. But then, of course, Elaine would have said he was trying to hide her "awesome" body. Sometimes you just can't win.

by Anonymousreply 192December 12, 2021 2:12 AM

I said, the tubby models are the kiss of death for the designers. You get a chubbo? Sorry, you're out.

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2021 10:44 AM

It's sadly true. The judges compare apples and oranges and celery stalks and they always awkwardly blame the designers for their models not all looking as svelte as celery stalks while awkwardly complimenting the apples' and oranges' beautiful curves when we all know what they are saying: clothes look best hanging from a flat model.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2021 10:47 AM

And they rarely give credit when a designer designs an outfit for a larger model that makes them look good, which is a hell of a lot harder than making a skinny model look good.

by Anonymousreply 195December 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Larger women can be beautiful, but fashion design is modeled on featuring waifish youth. A lot of people appreciate a sturdy woman, but on a runway, people expect to see a graceful or even awkwardly thin gazelle body type, not a sturdy adult reindeer that could stomp you to death.

by Anonymousreply 196December 12, 2021 11:15 AM

Most Americans are big so the bigger models are more realistic. I don’t know why PR is still so old fashioned and behind the times when so many successful brands and designers are jumping on the opportunity to design for big women. They know there’s a lot of $ to be had there.

by Anonymousreply 197December 12, 2021 11:24 AM

I miss the early days when the models were muse’s and worked with the same designers until another designer stole them away.

by Anonymousreply 198December 12, 2021 12:54 PM

I've been tempted to see if I can find the very first season of Project Runway to compare and contrast. Is it streaming anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 199December 12, 2021 2:28 PM

Stick thin models look good in everything, or can pretty much wear anything. It’s harder with the big-boned gals. Like you can’t put anything draped on them because then they look like the Statue of Liberty, and Nina tells you how you made her look like a house. Most of these designers are used to making patterns for women who don’t have boobs and hips.

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2021 2:31 PM

Models = clothes hangers. No boobs, no hips. A garment can hang from the shoulders and look good. Yes, designers should know how to work with all types of bodies. Zayden is not a very talented designer though and this was a one day challenge.

by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2021 2:40 PM

R188 One of these ‘curvy models’ they keep shoving down the designers’ (and viewers’) throats every week has rolls of back fat literally hanging down and flapping in the breeze. And they keep bringing them back every fucking week no matter if their designer was sent home the previous week or not.

Enough of this shit. It’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 202December 12, 2021 9:44 PM

Octavio is bearish. Is he hairy?

by Anonymousreply 203December 12, 2021 9:50 PM

He has a VERY red mustache, r203.

by Anonymousreply 204December 13, 2021 2:12 AM

Fat rolls all down this woman’s back. WHY do they continue to inflict this shit on them (and us)?

by Anonymousreply 205December 17, 2021 1:51 AM

Oh good heavens please send Pradji AND his model home.

by Anonymousreply 206December 17, 2021 2:32 AM

R206 They’ll keep bringing that huge obese woman back every week. And every week the unfortunate designer that gets her will be sent home.

by Anonymousreply 207December 17, 2021 2:40 AM

Aside from the bottom three this was the best runway show of the season

by Anonymousreply 208December 17, 2021 2:42 AM

Called it. Last week that fat woman sent Zayden home and this week Prajje. And she’ll be back next week too.

by Anonymousreply 209December 17, 2021 2:43 AM

I am not looking forward to the next challenge with the Real Housewives and guest judge Andy Cohen. It’s too bad Katie Kortman isn’t around to dress one up in her clown costumes.

by Anonymousreply 210December 17, 2021 3:22 AM

The winning garment tonight was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on this show.

by Anonymousreply 211December 17, 2021 3:49 AM

Most of the contestants this season and the challenges are so much better than when the series was on Lifetime. It feels to me like the show has gone back to its origins when it was very good.

I don't miss the host at all, and I wouldn't be watching out of principle if the Kushner woman were still hosting, so I am very satisfied with the current setup.

Elaine really bothered me with her emphasis on social statements over design in prior seasons, but she has recalibrated and now I can see that she actually does have a decent eye for design itself, and so she wasn't miscast.

All in all, this is a good season. Some of the work this episode was extremely high caliber, and I realized watching it that the payoff of the unconventional challenge we always look forward to isn't based on gimmickry, but it actually shows that good fashion designers have good ideas that transcend what they are working with. I remember one of the final seasons of the Lifetime era when all the designers were using Golden Girls-type pastel colors and some hipster with a manbun made everything out of strips of fabric and was applauded all season for it. Plus the product-placement challenges sponsored by Dixie Cups and kids' toys, etc.

I think Christian has brought some legitimacy back to the show. Bravo could prove me wrong, but I can't imagine him buying into a challenge based on bathroom cups without rolling his eyes and making fun of it, and he is more specifically directive than Tim Gunn is, but is he wrong? Tim often steered designers toward things that ended up getting them kicked off and his 'save' was usually a way of him keeping someone he steered toward getting kicked off—sort of an apology with resentment toward the judges. Christian made a couple of good calls tonight and told the designers to do X instead of Y and it all worked out for the better except the exit sign dress, and I think that was better than what the woman had been putting together originally, which was just blobs of aluminum foil patched together into a cocktail dress.

Good job to the producers for reviving a good show that thrives on creativity and not made-for-TV villains.

by Anonymousreply 212December 17, 2021 7:12 AM

[quote] They’ll keep bringing that huge obese woman back every week. And every week the unfortunate designer that gets her will be sent home.

It's grossly unfair to force one designer to work with her, yet the others get "normal" sized models.

Particularly for an unconventional challenge, simply because of the sheer amount of material needed to cover her body.

I think Prajje didn't want to say it, but that's why he had to use those doilies that he used. It was just faster to build a large dress, using those things.

Some of the other models were nearly half her size, which translates to half the work and half the amount of time spent covering their body.

How is that fair???

I have nothing against plus-sized models, but in a competition, the playing field should be level.

And in this case, it's not level.

It's total bullshit. And I don't even like Prajje.

by Anonymousreply 213December 17, 2021 8:19 AM

I want to like Aaron, but I just can't warm up to him.

Something about his personality rubs me the wrong way.

He's not only boring, but he also seems really uptight.

by Anonymousreply 214December 17, 2021 8:21 AM

Does it seem this season that we somehow see less of the outfits than past seasons as they're being made so that there's more of a WOW Factor when they appear on the runway? Every week I'm saying "Where did that come from?" at the judging.

by Anonymousreply 215December 17, 2021 1:43 PM

Regarding the larger models. They keep saying that the designers need to be able to design for all size women (see Siriano/Leslie Jones). But they keep moving the target. Are they going for the best design or the design that would be the most commercially successful? While not necessarily different things, they need to better define that Venn Diagram. Because it’s not uncommon the winner’s frock would look a mess on a larger model.

by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2021 2:00 PM

How are the models assigned? Or are they not saying? It’s kind of weird that the heavy-set model was assigned for the last two weeks to weaker contestants—as if they’re adding a bit of difficulty to ensure the contestants do poorly. I can’t imagine it’s that hard to design for curvier models—the winning look was very creative and could have easily been retooled for a curvier woman.

by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2021 2:03 PM

They showed Christian handing out the models. He shuffled first.

by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] Elaine really bothered me with her emphasis on social statements over design in prior seasons, but she has recalibrated and now I can see that she actually does have a decent eye for design itself, and so she wasn't miscast.

I agree. She's a better judge now. My problem when she first started is there's a couple of times where she was clearly rooting for a certain person. And she was pretty scoldy about the social issues. The show itself, right.. Project Runway since 2004 has had a diverse cast and guests. More so now. I don't know, the whole conversation has shifted but she was talking to people like no one involved with the show would know themes of diversity or representation or inclusion.

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2021 3:14 PM

Now that the show is majority minority, Elaine is happy.

by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2021 3:20 PM

I should cut Elaine slack. The fashion industry itself has a terrible history and has been very exclusive. People like Kanye and Virgil (RIP) only now stand up for so many others. Virgil represented so much change.

by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2021 3:24 PM

Another thumbs up for Elaine this season. She finally wiped the scowl off her face. And either everyone should have a plus size model or they should just let that go. The losing design was not horrible and the top was quite pretty but you would never know it from the way the model pounced down the aisle. Come to think of it maybe they should just find a better model.

by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote] the winning look was very creative and could have easily been retooled for a curvier woman.

But she wouldn't have won.

Because it would have taken her twice as long to finish that outfit for such a large woman.

Face it. A larger body requires more time, effort, and material to finish.

It's inherently unfair for anyone who gets that model.

by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2021 5:28 PM

They've had many larger models on this show before. Why is that particular model so problematic for the designers?

by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2021 6:08 PM

Did you see her body, R224?

Fat rolls, bulges, huge hips, small chest, tall as fuck.

It's not that a designer cannot design for a woman of that shape and size.

It's that the designer cannot design something IN TWO DAYS, under the PARAMETERS OF THE CHALLENGE, for someone of that shape and size.

THAT is the problem.

It's just not fucking fair.

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2021 6:14 PM

The time factor is only an issue for the unconventional materials challenge.

by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] The time factor is only an issue for the unconventional materials challenge.

Have you EVER watched this show before?

Time is an issue in every single episode!!

You're really dumb.

by Anonymousreply 227December 17, 2021 7:15 PM

I mean the extra time needed for a big girl.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2021 7:17 PM

That one model does seem to trip people up. Maybe could rotate in other models or something

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2021 8:01 PM

The mistake the designers keep making with that particular plus-sized model is in not clearly defining her waist. Though her waist is thick, without ANY waist definition (like a belt or accented seaming) she becomes just one long lump without variation as we saw in Prajje's Doily Disaster.

Chasity also had a large model but the cinched in waist gave the model an hour glass figure and the width of the bodice and flouncy skirt in contrast helped you believe that her waist was smaller than it actually was proportionately.

Speaking of Chasity, that dress was otherwise a holy mess! And spray painting all those cheap textures (popcorn! coffee filters! bottlecaps! plastic straws!!!) bright red wasn't going to make it look expensive or any less mumsy-craftsy. A sweet girl but not a lot of skills or taste there.

Also, it really is ALL about choosing the right materials for this challenge. Paper doilies, popcorn and bottle caps are never going to look like anything other than what they are. But black plastic and clear crystal-like medallions (brilliant Kristina!) can look not only expensive and chic but edgy as well. I think in the end, the fact that the judges couldn't identify the found items in those dresses is a lot of what made them succeed so well. Very deserved win by Chantall but could have just as easily been Kristina. Personall, I'm betting on Kristina as the final big season winner.

And, sorry.....yet another point.....Aaron's plastic straw dress looked pretty great until you closely compared it with Chantall's black plastic straw number. His ensemble, especially with the unnecessary addition of the tacky parchment feather cape then looked rather cute and costumey compared to the immaculate and minimalist styling of Chantall - Nina's particular approval there was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2021 8:05 PM

A true designer eye knows the aesthetic difference between red plastic straws and black plastic straws.

by Anonymousreply 231December 17, 2021 8:08 PM

Maybe some trash streaming network would produce Project Runway Redemption: The Ones Who Got A Lumpy Model

by Anonymousreply 232December 17, 2021 8:18 PM

He should have been eliminated immediately for exposing those back flaps.

by Anonymousreply 233December 17, 2021 8:21 PM

I actually thought Bones should’ve been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 234December 17, 2021 8:39 PM

Next week with the Housewives looks like it’s going to be fun! I kinda wish Prajje was still there for that, though. Damnit.

by Anonymousreply 235December 17, 2021 8:41 PM

Agree, R234.

Aaron's design looked "farty," as Michael Kors would say.

I was underwhelmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 17, 2021 8:43 PM

Next week had better not be flowers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2021 8:43 PM

I thought that Chantall's design was....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2021 8:44 PM

Also I don’t get how the models were chosen beforehand. Mimi and that bigger lady shouldn’t have been there when their designers in the previous challenge went home. They cut other models for them, and I feel like it was intentional for drama and show.

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2021 8:44 PM

Mimi should be renamed "Origami Rose."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Again—they assigned models on camera in the episode. Christian had them in those little portfolios restaurants used for the bill. He made a point of shuffling them to ensure they were random, then he distributed them to the designers.

by Anonymousreply 241December 17, 2021 8:52 PM

Thanks, R241.

No wonder Prajje didn't fuss about it.

Because you know he would have, if he could have.

The guy looks like he has anger management problems.

by Anonymousreply 242December 17, 2021 8:53 PM

It's true that the intricate sculptural straws dress and the gauzy one with delicate 'feathers and sequins' would have been impossible to make in a short time for larger bodies. It's not fair to the designers or to the models. It's a disadvantage for both.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2021 8:55 PM

R241

The point was they cut 2 models from last week to keep Mimi and the bigger lady on the show (when they should’ve been cut because their designers were eliminated). I’m pretty sure that was intentional for drama and show.

by Anonymousreply 244December 17, 2021 8:57 PM

Of course it was intentional. That’s why they have ample models. They don’t cut models whose designers were eliminated anymore, since they shuffle the models each time.

by Anonymousreply 245December 17, 2021 9:01 PM

Project Runway 2008: "Models, this is a competition for you, too. The winning model will walk in Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week and will be featured in a spread in Elle Magazine. If your designer wins, you win!"

2021: "All the models of all sizes are beautiful and precious! Also, they get no prizes and have no names!"

by Anonymousreply 246December 17, 2021 9:05 PM

These models are too damned FAT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 17, 2021 9:09 PM

R247 "Walking Hershey bar" doesn't mean fat; it means thin, brown and waxy.

by Anonymousreply 248December 17, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] The guy looks like he has anger management problems.

The black guy? You don't say...

by Anonymousreply 249December 18, 2021 12:07 AM

Aaron thinks he’s better than he is. Chantal is the real deal which is why Christian saved her. Her styling was impeccable and the judges pay very close attention to styling.

by Anonymousreply 250December 18, 2021 12:12 AM

Why did the judges reward Gretchen with the win, when they clearly hated her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Even Tim hated Gretchen and Poison Ivy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Heidi and Jessica Simpson wanted Mondo to win (it was 2vs2). However, Jessica switched over to Gretchen after Nina Garcia and Michael Kors convinced her (making it 3vs1).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 18, 2021 12:43 AM

I was surprised Prajje was aufed. Chasity's the worst in terms of finish. Prajje gave us an ok Giambattista Valli ombre. The leather was bad I guess.

by Anonymousreply 254December 18, 2021 2:15 AM

I really like Chasity and am glad she was spared, but her dress looked like she dove through the bar’s ladies room garbage to find dozens of bloody tampons that she fashioned into one large used tampon. It was so vile. But going on fit at least she gave her model a shape as opposed to Prajje. I’m not a fan of his, but it was not fair to have a larger model especially for this challenge. I’m curious to see who the model will send home next.

by Anonymousreply 255December 18, 2021 12:23 PM

I said it, that model is the kiss of death. None of the winning looks would have been possible on her given the time or silhouette. It really isn’t fair when you consider that a size 18 requires a lot more fabric than a size 2, and in a challenge like this you essentially need to make the fabric or textiles. Not that they shouldn’t have big gals modeling, but then make all the models big gals.

by Anonymousreply 256December 18, 2021 12:30 PM

I think we've got a consensus that the production has good intentions, but that poor execution has made the idea of using larger models backfire.

Neither the judges nor the designers can state the obvious, that there's a pattern of designers being penalized for clothing not hanging as well on larger women as it does on bony women. Saying so would backfire and get them canceled on social media. But not saying so frustrates the audience, who is watching one designer after another being taken out by one model through a Russian Roulette assignment process that is unfair.

It's one thing to give all the designers fabric and then compare celery sticks and pears, but it's truly unfair to give them toothpicks and grains of rice and expect a few of the designers to create textiles twice the size of others in a day's time. That's not right. It's no different than if this were a competition of visual artists and most were told to paint a realistic portrait on a 2' x 3' canvas and a few to paint a 4' x 6' portrait in the same timeframe, and then insisting in the judging that everyone is on a level playing field.

Physical reality is reality, and it's one thing to be respectful of different body types, but it's another thing to deny a reality that more surface area requires more time, and to punish creative talents for being under-resourced.

by Anonymousreply 257December 18, 2021 12:43 PM

As much as I like Chasity, I probably would’ve sent her home for things falling off on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 258December 18, 2021 1:21 PM

There’s no way the model choices are random. They purposefully brought Mimi and that bigger model back. Mimi because she’s the most popular model in Project Runway history, and the bigger model because she’s a bigger model.

by Anonymousreply 259December 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Prajee's model is a challenge in itself. A good designer can figure out what looks good on Shrek's big sister. Cover up the folds of fat, give the illusion of a silhouette, and use a fabric that doesn't add to the model's awkward physique. Unconventional material challenge be damned.

I can see Aaron being fed up with some guys (like when they did that silly Patti LaBelle tribute act in the work room) and yet still being appreciative of them and the experience. I may be alone with this, but I like his cape idea.

Shantall's design blows me away. At first, I thought she was crazy adding the sleeve, but it elevated an already fantastic dress. Wow.

I would've switched Kristina's dress with Bones' dress in the top three. Kristina's looks like a fishnet that caught some plastic trash from the ocean. IMO Bones' dress is much better, and Mimi always puts on a good show.

I really like this season. There are a few dark horses in this competition that shine while the more visible designers fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 260December 18, 2021 2:11 PM

Chastity’s misfire is a reminder that even a good designer can fuck up royally. Bottle caps and popcorn? A glue gun? What was she thinking?

by Anonymousreply 261December 18, 2021 2:37 PM

Yes, Chasity's dress was a bit of a mess, but I was surprised how well it moved on the runway. I think that's what saved her. The huge model looked horrible in Prajie's dress and it didn't move at all.

by Anonymousreply 262December 18, 2021 2:54 PM

That fat model is the kiss of death. Who will she “auf” next week?

by Anonymousreply 263December 18, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote] That fat model is the kiss of death. Who will she “auf” next week?

I bet they'll give her to Bones.

Clearly, the producers are setting up an all-female finale.

"Female empowerment" is on this year's WOKE agenda.

by Anonymousreply 264December 18, 2021 11:03 PM

Models are assigned randomly

by Anonymousreply 265December 18, 2021 11:27 PM

The producers hardly have to set up an all female finale. The male designers all stink.

by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2021 3:03 AM

I thought Prajje was the best male designer left and I could see him turning out a great final collection.

But yeah, it’s over for the men.

by Anonymousreply 267December 19, 2021 9:40 AM

I think the judges/producers are hoping for Aaron to make even a tiny mistake so they can boot him. I won’t mind too much. He’s done some okay garments, but he’s not as great as he thinks he is. Chantal and Christina will be top 2.

by Anonymousreply 268December 19, 2021 1:03 PM

Aaron's looked well constructed this week but yeah, he might not be a huge talent

by Anonymousreply 269December 19, 2021 6:00 PM

Aaron is a good designer. Let's not forget this season also gave us that lady who made and wore clown clothes praised by Nina Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 270December 19, 2021 6:05 PM

I’ve just always felt that something is missing with Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 271December 19, 2021 6:13 PM

Aaron is the only white American on the show. And he's real....white.

by Anonymousreply 272December 19, 2021 9:58 PM

Early on I thought it would be an all female finale but which women changes from week to week. Now I think Kristina—she’s always been my favorite—plus Shantall and Chasity. Sometimes Anna replaces Shantall but Anna has messed up the last two challenges.

by Anonymousreply 273December 20, 2021 1:24 PM

We all know the final three will be Kristina, Shantall and Chastity.

by Anonymousreply 274December 20, 2021 1:26 PM

You don’t think Coral will make it?

by Anonymousreply 275December 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Forgot to say Aaron is like some male designers they’ve cast in previous seasons: over 30, technically very skilled, turns out designs that are beautiful to look at but not cutting edge. They have a clientele of women, probably over 40 , who want to look good and reasonably au courant but not adventurous. Classic, not trendy. Nothing wrong with that but it’s hard to break out of that mindset.

by Anonymousreply 276December 20, 2021 1:31 PM

Coral gets so little airtime so I tend to think she’ll outlast Bones and Aaron but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 277December 20, 2021 1:34 PM

I think a woman might be next to go, shockingly. One of them gets very disrespectful and upset at their Housewife model.

by Anonymousreply 278December 20, 2021 1:38 PM

Some of these women seem too “nice” to handle the fashion industry. Like next week one of them breaks down over a Housewife being a “diva”, saying basically “I can’t handle divas”, but aren’t they supposed to be listening to the client? They will face much worse people in the industry than a Housewife making demands for her reunion dress.

by Anonymousreply 279December 20, 2021 1:53 PM

R276. That also describes Wendy Pepper in season one. Sometimes those dull designers make it to the Finale.

by Anonymousreply 280December 20, 2021 2:16 PM

Anna seems to have fallen by the wayside with her "husband" Octavio gone but I think she'll be making a big comeback and be in the final three with Kristina and Chantall. You're all forgetting how fabulous her designs were week after week in the beginning. She just needs to get her shit together!

I could almost see Aaron surging forward suddenly and delivering to the finale.....we'll see. He seems to have a consistency and drive that some of the girls lack.

Chasity is a sweet girl but not a very talented designer with a taste level problem.

by Anonymousreply 281December 20, 2021 2:22 PM

Does anyone think Bones will make it to the finale?

by Anonymousreply 282December 20, 2021 2:25 PM

He might, if he stays consistent and the other designers continue to have terrible lows.

by Anonymousreply 283December 20, 2021 2:33 PM

I thought Bones was going to bring the drama after he flipped out in episode one but he calmed down after that and now he’s just another so so designer.

by Anonymousreply 284December 20, 2021 2:39 PM

He’s the best reality TV personality in the cast, actually.

by Anonymousreply 285December 20, 2021 2:42 PM

Bones is actually pretty chill.

He was probably just hyped up in episode one because it was his first challenge. He actually seems like a nice guy.

Prajje was the angry one. I don't like him at all.

The way he lashed out at that "woke" white girl was just mean.

The rest of the cast didn't seem too sad to see him go.

by Anonymousreply 286December 20, 2021 2:43 PM

Prajje got nicer. He was the only one to comfort Anna in the workroom when she was crying about “daddy” leaving.

by Anonymousreply 287December 20, 2021 2:45 PM

R287

And he encouraged her to keep going.

by Anonymousreply 288December 20, 2021 2:50 PM

Aaron is a classic bitchy homo. His episode with Bones as his partner was a huge turn off for me.

by Anonymousreply 289December 20, 2021 4:40 PM

Same here R289.

Bitchy old grandma queen.

Uptight, rude, and obnoxious.

39 years old but acts like she's 79 years old.

by Anonymousreply 290December 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Wait.....Aaron is 39??????? In human years????

by Anonymousreply 291December 20, 2021 5:08 PM

Support Prajje!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Well, West Virginia years, R291.

Actually, I think he's very cute for someone his age.

by Anonymousreply 293December 20, 2021 5:51 PM

Aaron is very cute for 49.

by Anonymousreply 294December 20, 2021 7:06 PM

Lol R294.

He's also very cute for 59.

by Anonymousreply 295December 20, 2021 7:12 PM

What does Coral do exactly other than macrame?

by Anonymousreply 296December 21, 2021 1:27 AM

R296 Provides a habitat for millions of species and maintains ecological balance in the oceans.

by Anonymousreply 297December 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Thanks for reminding me of Mondo. He was great. So quirky, so talented. What became of Mondo after PR?

by Anonymousreply 298December 21, 2021 4:54 AM

I liked Mondo even though he was a total cunt to his partner on a team challenge who he considered inferior.

by Anonymousreply 299December 21, 2021 4:34 PM

Seems pretty clear that the designers have been counseled against saying anything about the size of their models. Because if I were on the bottom after designing for that large model while my competitors had the good fortune of designing for Mimi, Dede and others, I’d be pointing out the unfairness.

If they want to judge their ability to design for American-sized women, they should have a challenge for that, but they won’t because that would be other-izing large women.

by Anonymousreply 300December 22, 2021 11:28 AM

Manufacturers or buyers are just as guilty. I’ve seen styles, ie a white denim moto jacket in standard sizes but if you look for the same jacket in the extended sizes, they’re just selling the basic Levi’s style Jean jacket in white denim.

by Anonymousreply 301December 22, 2021 1:46 PM

New episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 302January 7, 2022 12:59 AM

Bones achieved the impossible tonite: he made RHOC Shannon look sexy. Give him the crown now. BUT my fav look was the Countess. Least fav was Gina.

by Anonymousreply 303January 7, 2022 2:04 AM

Poor Aaron. I laughed at the promo for next week when he calls himself the “Glenn Close” of the competition.

by Anonymousreply 304January 7, 2022 3:51 AM

Did Chasity really belong in the bottom three? I was surprised the designers used so much black since those housewives dress like gaudy Christmas trees at the reunion

Aaron in a whiner but he’ll make it to at least final four. And, who knows, Bones might make it, too.

by Anonymousreply 305January 7, 2022 4:54 AM

Shannon looked sexy? To whom? Bones scrambling at the last minute for a wig to perch on top of his head was hysterical. LuAnn has never looked better, except maybe for her hair.

by Anonymousreply 306January 7, 2022 10:02 AM

The one who was sent home was so good all season. Bummer.

I thought they all did pretty well all things considered. I despise most reality show personalities like Shannon and Dr. Whomever who made it so hard on her designer. I'm glad that designer didn't get booted because she really was fucked over from the beginning. She asked if she could do a suit and the woman told her to do one if she can make one, and then she showed up and expectef a gown, and then she denied that she said that to the judges. This isn't the Real Housewives; the designers have a lot riding on their work and I'm happy that Project Runway ditched its interpersonal conflicts emphasis and now focuses on creativity again, but that client really tried to fuck over her designer. I bet the majority of Bravo's housewives are sociopaths.

Anyway. Blah. Juxtaposing the 'housewives' against industrious creative people highlighted how vapid and shallow and talentless the housewives are.

by Anonymousreply 307January 7, 2022 10:47 AM

Dr. Wendy is a CUUUUUNNNNT.

I just love Giselle. She’s of course probably a terrible person like all of them, but she really cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 308January 7, 2022 11:33 AM

I barely watch OC, but Gina does seem nice. Pity the poor thing had to wear that monstrosity that sent the designer home. One of the worst looks all season.

by Anonymousreply 309January 7, 2022 11:38 AM

Pants or no pants that material was shit and Wendy’s tits were barely covered. And cunt Wendy did say she wanted to show off her tits, ass and legs. The designers response was she’d like to put her in pants so she clearly wasn’t listening to her client and that was a huge part of the challenge. Even if Wendy had screamed NO PANTS I think she still would have gotten pants.

by Anonymousreply 310January 7, 2022 11:46 AM

R307 that designer does not work well with others. She almost got Shantall sent home because she would not listen to her or Christian. Her client stated she preferred a gown but was willing to accept a suit if she could do one well. I believe she was truthful when she said she was willing to accept a suit because it was a competition for the designer and wanted to allow her to lean into her strengths. That designer only cares about she wants.

by Anonymousreply 311January 7, 2022 12:23 PM

R310 I don't. She specifically asked if it has to be a gown or if she'd consider a suit, and the answer was "if you can pull off a suit," which I interpreted as a viewer as a sort of challenge—oh, wow, can you do that in this amount of time?

And her her saying "she wanted to show off her tits, ass and legs," if you're suggesting that that means all should have been bare, then the woman would have gone down the runway in shoulder pads and a cummerbund.

by Anonymousreply 312January 7, 2022 12:25 PM

I stopped watching OC because of Shannon. She is anxious, paranoid, self-righteous, volatile and loud, and I am an anxious person and don't enjoy being made more neurotic through exposure to people on TV.

But she did look pretty good last night.

by Anonymousreply 313January 7, 2022 1:05 PM

I think Anna is the most talented designer in the entire bunch, but that monstrosity last night was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 314January 7, 2022 1:46 PM

The top of Kristina's look was just tacky. Also, the silhouette was just odd with that extended corset that led to the full pants. And then there was the weird scarf. It as a bad design all around and she can't really blame Wendy for that.

by Anonymousreply 315January 7, 2022 2:40 PM

I think Anna is very talented but I agree with the decision based on what she designed for this challenge.

We know her husband was happy to have her back home. She’s pregnant with her first baby. Due in April, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 316January 7, 2022 9:18 PM

I like Anna too but her look wasn't meeting the challenge. She didn't know the first thing about Housewives which didn't help. Proud of the judges for critiquing it without saying the word 'costume'.

by Anonymousreply 317January 8, 2022 2:53 PM

What a trashy episode. I laughed when they all came on stage and most of the designers were squealing and wetting their pants and then you had the few looking blankly like who are these creatures. Then I fast forwarded to the runway because no fashion was going to happen tonight and then I fell asleep during the judging. Who won?

by Anonymousreply 318January 9, 2022 5:11 AM

Shantall, again. And Aaron was first runner-up, AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 319January 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Wikipedia used to post a step-shaped chart of wins, losses and first/second runner ups , safes, and bottom threes. I can’t find it anywhere for season 19. Did they drop it?

by Anonymousreply 320January 9, 2022 9:36 AM

This episode with the Real Housewives was easily the most entertaining episode we’ve had all season. What a great crossover! It was hilarious watching the housewives go into a corner to gossip together about what was going on with the outfits and designers. Gina didn’t need to try to calm Christina down though—who wants to have a stranger in your face trying to get you to stop crying? Anna was with her already, anyway.

And Christina’s monstrosity that she put Wendy in was terrible. The boob cups even looked lopsided on one side (Wendy’s boob was about to pop out). I’m surprised no one said anything about the lopsided cup issue. The “eliminated designer’s” was just really off the mark, like a futuristic goth person and it didn’t frame Gina’s body nicely. I feel bad for her having never watched RH—it was clearly a disadvantage in this challenge because those who regularly watched did the best job because they know exactly what these women like to wear (ie Aaron).

I was actually really surprised that Chasity got chided for her outfit—definitely didn’t think she was in the bottom with The Grand Dame’s dress. And Damn Coral and her macrame!!! Girl, do something new!!! She managed to find fabric that straight up looked like she did macrame without doing it herself. She didn’t do Leah any favors with that flesh color, either.

They need to dress the housewives every season!

by Anonymousreply 321January 9, 2022 1:07 PM

The coolest housewife seemed to be the one who the Chinese girl had (I have no idea who these women are, maybe she is a horror on the Housewife show.) She took that demented dress in stride. The one they referred to as the "Grand Dame" had her facial skin stretched so tight that her crow's feet were almost vertical. Also a very obvious nose job. Her dress was super cheap-looking, as Nina commented. Add in the fake blonde hair and she really looked a right mess, but of course was oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 322January 9, 2022 1:09 PM

Poor Aaron should have won. Giselle looked great…but also her “working it” really helped.

by Anonymousreply 323January 9, 2022 1:27 PM

R320….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 9, 2022 1:51 PM

[quote] And Damn Coral and her macrame!!! Girl, do something new!!!

She was doing something new a few episodes ago until Christian ambled up to her and said [finger wiggle] GURRRRRRLLLLL wutchu doin' gurrrl! Where's the macrame, gurrrl? The people want macrame!!!

And she was like, "I'd like to try something different this time, please?"

And he was like, "GURL! NO! You trynna go home? No! Macrame! Now! Bye!"

I don't blame her for the macrame.

by Anonymousreply 325January 9, 2022 2:04 PM

When she pulled out that fabric, I thought, oh no! But I ended up liking the dress a lot.

by Anonymousreply 326January 9, 2022 3:52 PM

I liked it a lot too but was confused about why the hangings were shorter in the front. I guess easier to walk in but I'd preferred they be the same length. !

by Anonymousreply 327January 9, 2022 4:34 PM

Luann looked great because she looks great. The dress seemed kind of gimmicky to me, costume-like. It was on the right side of "elegant," but it was borderline costume as a half dress/half suit.

The pink one looked like an actual 'housewife' dress because of the magenta color, but it was also a lovely dress. It would have been my winner.

The giant pointy shoulders were goofy. She did deserve to go home but I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 328January 9, 2022 4:38 PM

I thought Leah looked great and thought Coral did a great job. BUT, these housewives love color and want to stand out at the reunion so monochromatic was not the way to go for this particular challenge.

by Anonymousreply 329January 9, 2022 5:59 PM

My prediction for the next to go: Coral, Bones, Chastity (not necessarily in that order).

by Anonymousreply 330January 9, 2022 6:08 PM

I still think Chasity will make it to the finals.

by Anonymousreply 331January 9, 2022 8:41 PM

I am tired of these pec cross straps on the halter. And all the strips.hanging down the back of garments. Probably only works in 1:500 creations but some designers think these features make a regular frump design "edgy". Like, NO.

by Anonymousreply 332January 9, 2022 8:54 PM

No way is Chastity not making it to the final.

by Anonymousreply 333January 9, 2022 9:40 PM

With Kristina it came down to language barrier misunderstanding. She needed clear answers from her client, and she got a shady bitch who was telling her in a passive-aggressive way that she wanted a dress. And Kristina didn't get that. But her client did say to her that she was to show off her body, so the whole thing was Kristina not listening to her client at all, apparently. Misunderstandings or lack of understanding is a very easy way to get eliminated. And the look was just bizarre.

Mood having NO proper emerald green fabric? I call shenanigans! The macrame dress looked nice, but could've used a nice color on the dress underneath the macrame fabric. And while it was a pleasant dress, it wasn't a showstopper which, I assume, is required for a reunion special.

Personally, I would've given the win to Aaron. That was the most perfect designer and client dress combo.

That goth dress was utterly ridiculous. The moment I saw the housewife stomping on the runway with boots, it was over for the designer. She completely missed the challenge. Of course, a foreigner who has never seen the Real Housewives.

I felt embarrassed for the designers for the way they behaved during the runway. That was just so tacky and over the top.

Don't get the Real Housewives appeal at all. But Bones and his client and her spanx obsession were pretty hilarious, I admit.

by Anonymousreply 334January 9, 2022 10:10 PM

[quote] I was actually really surprised that Chasity got chided for her outfit—definitely didn’t think she was in the bottom with The Grand Dame’s dress.

They're laying the ground work to send Chasity home.

They couldn't do it in this challenge, because that other one was by far the worst of all. But they'll get rid of her soon.

Not sure why they have such a hardon for Chantall. The Countess LuAnn was a former model, so it wasn't really fair to judge her based on looks and presentation. If you judged her simply on the dress, I didn't think it was all that great.

Aaron, despite being a grumpy whiny bitch, did the best job. Giselle is much harder to please than LuAnn, and Giselle was HAPPY.

I think that Bones made Shannon look fantastic. He deserved to be in the top.

But in the end, the right person went home. What a relief she's gone. She did crap work in the past few challenges and she deserved to go home.

by Anonymousreply 335January 9, 2022 10:27 PM

At least the fat girl didn't sabotage any of the designers this time.

Lucky them.

by Anonymousreply 336January 9, 2022 10:29 PM

Kristina could have misunderstood her client and still created something beautiful. She didn’t. It was a mess. Client, no matter how bitchy, was not responsible.

by Anonymousreply 337January 9, 2022 10:39 PM

Just watched the real client episode...all the Real housewives look like they[re auditioning for ruPaul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 338January 9, 2022 10:58 PM

I think with Chastity it can go both ways. Either she will crash and burn, or Nina's stern warning will put a fire under Chastity's ass that will push her long enough to stay in the competition for the final three. And the show does like its strong comeback storylines, like Shantall this season (who was saved by Christian's save and has won two challenges afterwards).

by Anonymousreply 339January 10, 2022 12:17 AM

I thought Chantal/Luann’s dress was cheap and tacky looking. I don’t understand the judges gushing over it.

by Anonymousreply 340January 10, 2022 12:42 AM

Chastity has been in the bottom at least 2x when she shouldn’t have been. Those looks were, at the very least, safe.

by Anonymousreply 341January 10, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote] The boob cups even looked lopsided on one side (Wendy’s boob was about to pop out). I’m surprised no one said anything about the lopsided cup issue.

Yes they did. Didn’t you watch the judge’s critiques? Andy Cohen even made reference to not wanting to feel Happy (the name of the boob that seemed about to pop out).

by Anonymousreply 342January 10, 2022 8:03 AM

Thank you r324! I kept googling Project Runway (Season 19) and for some reason couldn’t land there! Don’t know how you did it but thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 343January 10, 2022 8:05 AM

As someone who's never watched the Real Housewives shows I was actually surprised that the ladies weren't far more difficult. They all seemed to be trying to be supportive and enthusiastic, even Kristina's model to a lesser degree.

I certainly expected Coral's ,model to freak out just on the beige color alone and yet she trusted Coral to turn the dress into something she'd like, and Coral did a shockingly good job with it. I'm not sure that beige dress would have been helped by being made in emerald green or any bright color.

I agree with the judges about the ordinariness of Chasity's dress silhouette and Chasity is someone well-acquainted with the Real Housewives so should known better than using a cheap black fabric.

I've been a big fan of Kristina but she really fucked up this week on every level. I bet she will bounce back unlike Chasity who I've always felt is of very limited talent, lacking great taste.

The judges made the right decision. Chantall's gown, like her black straw ensemble from the last week was spectacularly thought out and true high fashion as well as pleasing her client. She also seems to know exactly how to style her outfits, usually minimally but with just the right accessories. I think that's where Aaron doesn't quite make it - the pink gown was gorgeous but looked more beauty pageant than high fashion, possibly because of the hair styling and accessories.

Bones' dress - a black shift with feathers down one sleeve? He's getting away with murder week after week!

And finally, Anna needed to go home, she's clearly worn out and been falling apart these last few weeks and the goth dress (and those awful ankle boots!) was horribly designed.

by Anonymousreply 344January 10, 2022 1:11 PM

So Kristina had a nervous breakdown in college? Yikes!

Well, if last year's winner is any indication, then I guess Kristina will win this season.

Last year they awarded the win to a meth head, manic-depressive leather queen, so it makes sense that a basket case would win this season.

I do have to say that this runway would not been nearly as fun, if it wasn't for Bones, Chasity and Aaron.

They were not only familiar with the Housewives, but they were fans as well. So they did a lot of whooping and hollering, which made the runway totally insane and fun.

by Anonymousreply 345January 10, 2022 3:00 PM

I can’t wait for the Below Deck episode—Captain Lee in heels will be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 346January 10, 2022 3:07 PM

This is the Project Runway thread, R346.

Here's the Below Deck thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 10, 2022 3:08 PM

Don't worry, r346, some of us got the joke.

by Anonymousreply 348January 10, 2022 7:28 PM

Yikes. What an episode. I actually liked Coral's the best because it wasn't tight and shiny. I like, too, that the only outfit that really fit the "requirements" was Bones', but no one mentioned that except when it came to the other housewives trash-talking Kristina's look. They all seemed to forget they were supposed to be in a knee length dress and not a floor-length dress or pants, which was everyone but Bones' model. The judges didn't bring that up, either.

by Anonymousreply 349January 11, 2022 2:37 AM

This season feels like it's been going on forever. I almost forget about that girl with the dingy bra and stomach rolls.

by Anonymousreply 350January 11, 2022 2:52 AM

I prefer my Project Runway with less whooping and hollering.

Create a look inspired by the experience of eating Yoplait frozen yogurt. OH MY GAAAAWD! QUEEN! WHOOOOHOOOO!

No.

by Anonymousreply 351January 12, 2022 2:07 AM

Is there a new episode tonight?

From the previews, it looks like Bones or Aaron is probably going home.

Six people left, so you know they're trying to get rid of the males.

by Anonymousreply 352January 13, 2022 11:09 PM

I thought it was evident early on that it would be an all female final three. Or final four with the last elimination after the collections are done, the perennial surprise *final* final challenge.

Shantall-Chasity-Kristina-Coral

Since Bravo refuses to support this show, there’s no compilation of looks to compare and who can remember? My guess is they’ll do one more season to make it an even 20 and then cancel it.

by Anonymousreply 353January 13, 2022 11:27 PM

So what is tonight's challenge?

by Anonymousreply 354January 13, 2022 11:57 PM

My bet is Bones will be leaving tonight. He's been coasting since the very beginning.

I think the final three will be Chantall, Kristina and Aaron. Chasity and Coral are too uneven and unpredictable. Have I forgotten anyone?

by Anonymousreply 355January 14, 2022 12:29 AM

I don't want Bones to go.

He's the only one left that's worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 356January 14, 2022 12:45 AM

Uh oh. The plus sized model is back and she's been given to an emotionally exhausted Kristina. And it's another "collaboration challenge" with a hairstylist.

by Anonymousreply 357January 14, 2022 1:06 AM

That judge Precious Lee looked a fool - her boobs looked like they wanted to explode. And Bones was the ultimate suck-up, blowing kisses to her.

by Anonymousreply 358January 14, 2022 2:03 AM

What a dumb challenge - make an outfit to highlight some braids.

I was getting sick of Chasity talking about how black women's hair is their crown. Crown, my ass. I've had black woman hair for a million years and it has only always been a headache - hot combs growing up, then chemical relaxing and enduring burns from lye relaxers, sitting for hours in salons under frying dryers, hours of sitting for braid styles. I finally cut it all off and went for a short afro. Happy at last.

by Anonymousreply 359January 14, 2022 2:11 AM

I thought the plus sized model looked great tonite.

by Anonymousreply 360January 14, 2022 2:31 AM

Damn! Elaine was hard on Chastity while Nina embraced the black girl magic.

by Anonymousreply 361January 14, 2022 2:37 AM

I thought the plus-size model looked like a sofa going down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 362January 14, 2022 2:47 AM

I wasn’t thrilled with Aaron’s shower curtain but it still looked better than the crap Coral sent down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 363January 14, 2022 2:53 AM

Poor Coral! I wasn't crazy about her outfit but I'd like to ask the judges, what style of clothes would have shown off her model's awful hairstyle?

by Anonymousreply 364January 14, 2022 3:26 AM

Chasity's outfit came together better than I ever thought it would. In the workroom it looked like something Lola Falana once wore in a Las Vegas revue in 1967. Elaine was right about the choice of print. It looked cheap and costumey.

But, as the entire challenge by the time of the judging seemed to be about celebrating black women's hair, I don't see how they could have made anyone but Chasity the winner. I don't think any of the designers were particularly successful tonight, one of the worst runway shows of all time, esp. at this point in the competition when they're supposedly down to the most talented designers.

by Anonymousreply 365January 14, 2022 3:32 AM

I had the opposite opinion of R360- I thought that Kristina's model had a black and white tent around her. Too much fabric flapping around and I didn't even pay attention to the braids - they didn't make an impact to the outfit.

by Anonymousreply 366January 14, 2022 3:33 AM

Kristina's model didn't have braids, r366. She had the short finger wave.

by Anonymousreply 367January 14, 2022 3:40 AM

Shantal, Chasity, Kristina and Bones for top four with Bones eliminated at the end and the other three presenting at Fashion Week though I’d love to see Bones make it all the way because I think he would put on a SHOW.

by Anonymousreply 368January 14, 2022 3:48 AM

Tonight's episode: Explosion at the Fabric Store. I know it was a one day challenge, but the faux-sari and the faux-half-kimono were the worst.

by Anonymousreply 369January 14, 2022 4:16 AM

I really disliked the black and white stripey "kimono" everyone loved. I don't get it. The look was too similar to the half-dress/half-suit thing they put LuAnn in last week, and the way the striped part was draped over the model, it just looked like it was awkwardly affixed to the front of her body in a diagonal to me. To each their own, I guess.

Black women are a pretty significant share of my friends, but I don't think I will ever really be able to grasp the significance of hair to a lot of black people. I understand some cultural significance, the special care it requires given that most hair products in the US are made for white people, etc., but still, hair is something that grows out of our bodies and there's just some disconnect with me about how and why it is seen as empowering and worthy of so much time and attention. I suppose that is one cultural divide that can't really be reconciled between a white man who generally just has his hair choopped off every few weeks and a black woman who might spend five to 10 hours on weekends braiding or otherwise styling her hair.

The connection between braided and knotted hair and fashion design was likewise a bit lost on me. I thought the black leather outfit and the knotty hairdo went together well; I got a kind of rock 'n roll vibe, a la En Vogue's 'Free Your Mind' video, but the judges' consensus and the designer all seemed to agree that it was a total mismatch. So I guess I just don't get this week's assignment.

As much as I can't stand her and don't really ever want to see her face again, it would have been hilarious to me if Meghan McCain had been the guest judge with one of her bizarro hair sculptures to say ignorant things.

by Anonymousreply 370January 14, 2022 6:30 AM

R359, regardless of your feelings about your own hair, as a black woman you know that Chastity’s POV is not uncommon amongst our people. Just because you found peace with cutting your hair off, many love their hair and do not find the hours they spend in a salon for a hair style they love. I have never had extensions or braids but I have spend time under the hot hairdryers etc. There is such a great feeling to walk out of a salon with hair that looks and feel fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 371January 14, 2022 10:45 AM

Chantall's choice of that plain white leather was perplexing. Why use a leather that doesn't really read as leather? The parts of her outfit that were made of white cotton twill looked indistinguishable from the leather parts.

by Anonymousreply 372January 14, 2022 1:27 PM

R370, legislation has had to be passed to allow Black people to wear their natural hair in the workplace. It's that significant.

I grew up with my natural hair but my Mom spent hours with the straightening comb (like a flat iron but an actual comb) every Sunday. I wore my hair in pigtails throughout grade school. As I got older, I went the relaxer route which brought along hair loss and chemical burns. I stopped the relaxer and then had a jheri girl (yes, I'm that old!) for a few years. Went natural again and then went for braid extensions. That entailed 8 hours on a Sunday in an African hair braiding salon.

Being able to wear an Afro or other natural hair style means a lot.

by Anonymousreply 373January 14, 2022 1:47 PM

I saw someone the other day with those beads black girls woud wear in the 80s. So cute.

by Anonymousreply 374January 14, 2022 2:02 PM

I didn’t like Kristina’s. It looked like something we had already seen from her and I’m bored of it. I liked Chasity’s and Bones’s because they took risks and their looks were interesting, plus and had interesting stories behind them. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like Bones should have been in the top instead of Kristina.

I was scared they were going to save Aaron for the jacket with how much they were raving about it. He definitely deserved to go.

by Anonymousreply 375January 14, 2022 5:13 PM

R375

*plus they

by Anonymousreply 376January 14, 2022 5:19 PM

What I don't get is that Aaron at least managed to meet the challenge's requirment and make his look cohesive with the hairstyle, Coral didn't meet that requirement and yet she's still in. Aaron was second best in how many challenges? They got rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 377January 14, 2022 5:48 PM

R377

They judge on a weekly basis. “One day you’re in, the next you’re out”. Anna, Prajje, and Octavio had several very strong weeks as well but were sent home.

And Aaron really just had a jacket. Coral had multiple pieces that worked. Aaron made the biggest disaster, and so he had to go.

by Anonymousreply 378January 14, 2022 6:24 PM

I know I'm completely out of it but who was that Precious woman? Is she well-known and what for?

Funny how she kept criticizing Kristina's look because she felt the boobs needed to be raised higher.....just like hers.

by Anonymousreply 379January 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Aaron said it himself, he had a terrible night... it would have been strange if he were saved.

by Anonymousreply 380January 14, 2022 7:57 PM

My takeway from tonight's show was that Nina looked fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 381January 14, 2022 8:20 PM

So, Aaron's birthday present was that he was sent packing. Nice. Class act exit, though.

by Anonymousreply 382January 14, 2022 9:08 PM

I agree with Elaine. I was not a fan of Chastity's dress, especially the top half. The bedazzled slashes were too much. I thought the hair was overdone as well..

by Anonymousreply 383January 14, 2022 9:15 PM

Chastity's dress was a costume drama moment. A showstopper, I could see Angela Bassett wearing it in a Black Panther sequel.

by Anonymousreply 384January 14, 2022 9:22 PM

It's CHASITY! Not Chastity.

by Anonymousreply 385January 14, 2022 9:39 PM

Chasity, do you have a sister named Obesity?

by Anonymousreply 386January 14, 2022 9:43 PM

My sister’s name is Obsity.

by Anonymousreply 387January 14, 2022 10:37 PM

R386, do you?

by Anonymousreply 388January 15, 2022 1:15 AM

Better yet are you obses, R386? We know Chasity is not.

by Anonymousreply 389January 15, 2022 1:16 AM

R379, I'm with you, had no idea who the Precious lady was. I think the boobs issue was going to be a given with her. She was so tightly bound into her outfit that it appeared she might burst at any moment. The large, low hangers on the runway model were the exact opposite of what Precious had on freakish, full display. Neither look was successful, but at least the runway model looked like she could breathe.

by Anonymousreply 390January 15, 2022 1:39 AM

This episode was so dull I fast forwarded to the runway show. Bones is the only designer with any kind of personality.

by Anonymousreply 391January 15, 2022 4:00 AM

I looked up Precious Lee. She is a plus size model for IMG. I think she has a beautiful face and, for lack of a more delicate description, a cartoon figure. From the photos I viewed online, she has always been a large woman who has been up and down the scales ... that or there has been some photo altering done over the past couple of years. She is in her early 30s.

It's difficult getting past her massive boobs that are overtly showcased by propping the puppies up in uber-tight corsets and tit-slingers. It's not just a bit much, it's a double back-eyed moment if you come too close to her action. I agree there is a need for plus size women on runways. I don't get why it is Precious.

I guess this makes me a body shamer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 16, 2022 8:32 AM

She looks good in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393January 16, 2022 5:03 PM

That looks like the mop head after cleaning up from the cats R393.

by Anonymousreply 394January 16, 2022 7:49 PM

Is she barefoot in the pic at 393???

Anyway, Precious is pretty, but nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 395January 16, 2022 7:53 PM

I do not understand the Christina love from the judges. She should have gone home weeks ago.

Have the judges called Coral out for using the long dangling straps on every outfit? It reminds me of that gross guy from SF that everyone thirsted for a few seasons ago. No woman wants to walk around with pierces of their outfit dragging the ground and picking up all the human waste, puke and whatever other filth is on the sidewalks.

by Anonymousreply 396January 17, 2022 1:03 AM

^*pieces

by Anonymousreply 397January 17, 2022 1:04 AM

Someone started a Project Runway Part 3 thread because this one is already paywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 20, 2022 1:23 AM

Paywalls are so stupid. I kind of get prime time, but just let people post! No one wants to read threads with only one or two people posting.

by Anonymousreply 399January 20, 2022 1:25 AM

Everyone has move to Part 3.

by Anonymousreply 400January 20, 2022 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!