Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivia Munn is pregnant with John Mulaney's baby: Part 2!

He announced it on Seth Meyers’ show.

More gossip, rumors, and pointless bitchery about one of the best and messiest celeb scandals/dramas to unfold in public view—and on the DL—for quite some time!

Just saw that Part 1 is completely full at 600 posts and is now officially closed—and this “love child” isn’t even born yet, nor is the the divorce with Mulaney’s wife even settled/finalized....

After doing as thorough a search as I could on DL, I didn’t see any part 2, so I’m making the official part 2 here.

I’m not the original OP, but I’m linking Part 1 (which was fun and filled with tons of great speculation, rumors, and tidbits from alleged “insiders”) immediately below this post....

Have at it, kids!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 17, 2021 9:08 PM

Link to part 1 of: “Olivia Munn Pregnant with John Mulaney’s Baby” posted again below—just so we’re all on the same (gossip) page...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 5:27 PM

“Candid” pap pics of the “happy couple”/parents to be out and about together in NYC on Friday, September 10th just a few days after Mulaney’s big announcement on Meyers’ program.

Nobody (according to various media outlets) seems to know either way if the two are actually still “a couple”—and Mulaney’s seemingly uncertain body language/hand placement on Olivia’s back in this pic doesn’t exactly help to make the picture any clearer....

But anyway, Munn had seemingly just been in L.A. for and walking around conspicuously alone and heavily pregnant for months until Mulaney made the big public announcement on Meyers’ show—and then they are spotted together for the first time in a long time in NYC just a few days later.

Who knows what the *real deal* is with all of this (any insider info welcome on this thread, btw!), but—to me at least—in these few most recent pap pics of Mulaney and Munn here, Mulaney doesn’t appear to be exactly beaming with happiness, joy, and peace for whatever reason...

(Or maybe he was just having an “off day” for any number of other reasons...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 5:51 PM

Mulaney and—we know now—an already pregnant Olivia Munn at a “lunch date” in Los Angeles in June, 2021.

This was months before the pregnancy was announced and months *after* it was announced that they were dating, but it was the first time the pair were actually seen (a.k.a. photographed) together in public....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 5:56 PM

P.S. Fellow DLers: Are photos able to be “embedded” into DL posts anymore (like they used to be), or does it *always* make the photo say “Offsite Image” no matter what photo link you post now?

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 6:01 PM

Page Six article (with additional and clearer pics) about the expectant couple’s “fun” (I’m sure!🙄) weekend in NYC immediately following the Mulaney baby announcement on Meyers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2021 6:09 PM

What’s with the long coat? Was it that cold? Pregnant women are always too hot.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2021 6:19 PM

Okay, last starter thread comment/link from this part 2 OP:

Bitchy (and fun ;) Page Six article blatantly questioning the “timeline” that Mulaney provided—unprompted— to Seth of the entire Munn/Mulaney relationship (and pregnancy)—as part of his carefully worded baby announcement appearance on Seth Meyers’ show—where he went to great lengths to lay out a super tight timeline of his “eventful year” he had that makes sure to give the appearance that he *only* began “seeing” Olivia in “the spring” of this year and never ever cheated on his now estranged wife with her at any point during the courting and knocking up process......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2021 6:33 PM

There are a few rumors I’ve read now that Mulaney is practically broke at this point and financially at the brink of complete ruin (first and foremost apparently) because of the type and ferocity of his drug habit: apparently he was paying for “top end” cocaine, and lots of it—whatever “high end” coke is (I don’t know, since I’ve never been a part of that world—along with the various other pills and things he was taking/buying (the types and quality of which he was apparently particular about, it sounds like from what I’ve read online from fans who have attended his new standup shows and shared some of the “confessional content” contained therein).

He allegedly even mentions in these shows (which to be fair most fans reporting back are saying are really funny and enjoyable/well done) that his drug spending was *so* out of control that at one point in the very recent past he actually had to ask his accountant to step in and cut off his money from him so he wouldn’t spend it all.....

That sounds pretty serious—and this was *before* factoring in the cost of massive amounts of long, plush rehab stays, a divorce from his wife in a marriage that allegedly has no (or next to no) pre-nup involved, *and* a brand new baby and baby momma, *all* happening concurrently with a year + where almost all work in his industry dried up because of an unprecedented pandemic.

And almost everyone in the recovery community—along with a lot of fans and some media—were super critical of the guy for going “right back to work” with a big, multi-stop comedy tour so quickly after getting out of rehab because they took it as a sign that he wasn’t taking his recovery “seriously” enough.

From what I’ve read, I don’t know if the guy really has a choice right now.

If these financial rumors are true though—and that’s not even including the info of the alleged DL “insider” (who is allegedly friends with members of Mulaney’s inner circle in NYC) who said here *months ago* that Mulaney’s wife didn’t have any kind of job that contributed to the household financially and that she spent “a lot” of his money every year on a posh lifestyle (and shopaholic tendencies?) to the point that Mulaney was begging her to “cut back” because he couldn’t afford that level of money going out every month when he was the only employed partner in the marriage and was still working on building his career in the industry—I can’t imagine the mental stress and hell that guy is going through at the moment, and the tour *likely* wasn’t a flippant and “destructive choice” as much as it was a *necessity*.

I agree that Mulaney has made many seriously bad decisions, seems dangerously and unnecessarily self-destructive, and has probably done multiple people closest to him very wrong, but I do feel some genuine sympathy for the guy.

The financial hole (*alleged* financial hole, I know—although this particular gossip topic about him has come up repeatedly in online forums and from alleged insiders, etc.) that he has dug himself into, with untold additional financial pressure coming as a result of the divorce, baby, and baby momma, would overwhelm anyone.....

It also makes me feel (since he did a lot to get *himself* in this position) that he might have some real emotional and mental problems that need to be seriously addressed beyond a rehab thing and that it is more than just a “drug problem” and an “addict needing to stay clean” situation with him.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2021 7:39 PM

(Continued)

His life seems overwhelming and—now with the negative and serious financial rumors—like a seriously uphill battle (that, yes, I get he largely created this himself), and it explains the immediate countrywide tour *right* after rehab (which most addiction and recovery experts would apparently strongly advise *against*), and him looking so *beyond* stressed on Meyers’ program (his body language and micro-expressions while talking about his current life, Munn, and the upcoming baby, etc., were *very* telling).

I think that Mulaney is a talented guy and a very good comedy writer and even though he obviously is very flawed human being and can be a total jerk in his personal life, I don’t wish him ill at all.

I genuinely hope that he prevails in his sobriety (and with his career, altered however it will be after these big scandals and the *major change* in his public image), and that he gets the help he really needs for what seem like some serious (and sad) emotional and mental health issues that go *beyond* any drug problems....

I don’t know what the deep seated mental/emotional health issues *are*, but I do hope that he (like anyone suffering from similar issues) gets the right help and properly addresses and recovers from these issues before it’s too late.

I really hate seeing people self-destruct and throw away their lives and their potential (no matter who they are), so—regardless of all his well documented flaws—I hope he finds recovery and healing and is able to find and live a life of purpose and happiness (and start taking his life in a new and good direction) before it’s too late. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2021 7:42 PM

I can understand going back to work after leaving rehab because everyone needs money.

I don’t understand getting into an extramarital relationship and baby mama mess, directly after leaving rehab. (Or resuming it, whatever the timing is..)

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 7:59 PM

You can trap a man with pregnancy but you can't make him love you. Not that Munn cares. Her obsession is yoked to her for life. He's an idiot for allowing this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2021 8:15 PM

The frauen are literally melting down over this and it is so fun to watch. It's hilarious when some internet peasant thinks that they own some celebrity and get outraged over their choices. This should be a sign for them to move on but they cannot look away.

Celebrity obsession is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2021 8:17 PM

Olivia has the sex appeal, Annamarie has the class/taste/dignity.

Marilyn v. Jackie

But is he still into Olivia? Does he despise her at this point?

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2021 8:25 PM

He's in a bind and I too am suspicious of the status of his relationship with Munn. He has no choice but to imply they're in a relationship. This is all clean up by his PR. I suspect in a year or so it'll be made known they're not together romantically but are loving co-parents, good friends and he's very grateful to her for being his light after a long time in the dark tunnel of addiction. She'll always be special to him.

I wonder about his career. The suit thing and the middle-American accent helped. The choice by many fans to take his insinuation that he was very dark was simple self-deprecation and him being too hard on himself and strong values. But I also think the type of woman he portrayed his wife as being set him apart. She wasn't a typical comic wife. Most comics no matter who they are the wife is portrayed the same. Wants him to spend more time with the family, wants him to remember her birthday, wants him to be nice to her family, blah blah blah. Wants him to notice when she's made an effort, wants him to tell her she's still hot. Just trope after trope.

Tendler was portrayed as a woman who took his tentative disclosure of possible cancer as tentative disclosure of a #MeToo event. "What did you do!?" A woman who is not thirsty - seriously, go cross country to go through the motions at the Emmys? She said no thank you.

Her taking a clusterfuck at Delta airlines in stride and then being - well there are other airlines. And most of all her not giving a shit what other people though of her. Her being observant. She was a good offstage foil for him.

It's like he got out all the info he wanted out, of course fudging the timeline and the real events, and now is pivoting on to putting it into his material. "I said I was gonna be a father and it got mixed reviews." Too soon. This is where I suspect the empathy absence. It's sensitive and you have to give it breathing room. You have to read the room and not be like, well, that's done - here's the new stuff! Find middle ground that isn't your love life.

She's incorporating all of this through her own photography and I think it's brilliant. She's completely entitled and actually what she's doing with her art is more interesting than what he's doing with his act.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 1:05 AM

Want to add re Tendler that whatever the state of the marriage in reality he liked using a personality like her in her act, that she wasn't boring, and he really enjoyed telling the stories of how she reacted to things or her observations. She wasn't a pushover and she could take herself out of the equation when they had conversations. What's gonna be in his act now? Baby stories? Someone awkward seeing sexts Olivia sent him?

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 2:15 PM

R15, actually... you bring up a good point to this armchair psychologist. Olivia Munn isn't really the plus ultimate "bombshell", the most "intellectual" hot actress, the authentic "nerd sexy chick" - her niche seems to be as a hotty "with a personality". I could see her coveting the wife's role as main subject of hipster Mulaney's comedy. That idealized niche space in millennial culture as a beloved, worshipped object.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]nd that’s not even including the info of the alleged DL “insider” (who is allegedly friends with members of Mulaney’s inner circle in NYC) who said here *months ago* that Mulaney’s wife didn’t have any kind of job that contributed to the household financially and that she spent “a lot” of his money every year on a posh lifestyle (and shopaholic tendencies?

That was all a lie r8, you know that right? That insider was telling us Tendler didn't have a job at all while John was going on interviews talking about how they were living temporarily in DC while Tendler worked at the Smithsonian.

I think it was the same lying pretend insider who said a couple weeks ago that having a Masters degree and working at the Smithsonian wasn't really a job. I mean that's just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2021 5:36 PM

There was a Modern Love column years ago by a long-married wife whose husband asked for a divorce while having an affair, and she told him to essentially do what he wanted for the next year and she and the kids would live their lives as normal. He came home after six months and said he had been crazy and he wanted their old life back, and she took him right back.

That’s what I imagine Mulaney is wishing he could do now. Instead he got his mistake pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2021 5:37 PM

John liked having his cake and eating it too. He could fool around and then come home to his wife. But when Munn got pregnant that put an end to it. Yes it takes two to tango, but I would bet he has some resentment towards Munn for screwing things up.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Munn seems to be pals with a lot of married men, I think she stayed in their DMs in case one of them became single.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2021 5:55 PM

And that's why I thought it was funny when she said the "mommy squad" was so supportive. I said this in the old thread, most mommies are not celebrating the side piece's pregnancy. They also probably are leery to have their husbands around her.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2021 5:56 PM

Yeah R21 Munn is trying to normalize the situation by claiming the mommy squad had gathered round.

Tendler's work is going to be exhibited in L.A. soon. She's always worked. She's in the arts and has done different stuff from make-up (prior to Hello) to niche youtube comedy for Amy Poehler's channel to her archival work, her lampshades, etc. It sounds esoteric but people make their living doing exactly what she's doing.

I totally agree John liked having his cake and eating it too and then his side piece got pregnant and careerwise he saw no good options. I fully believe "career" is his number one priority at all costs and always will be. Also suspects he likes a certain amount of destablization and chaos, but he'd chase that on the side. Now it's at the center. Despite him claiming to have left the marriage in the fall there's stuff in December where he's still talking about his wife - not his comedy sets - interviews. They were together for years then married for about six and very abruptly she's switched out for Olivia Munn as his SO. I think Tendler was his organizing principle.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2021 6:09 PM

Addicts usually want a partner that is low maintenance, that's why I think he preferred being married and just playing around on the side.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote]I fully believe "career" is his number one priority at all costs and always will be.

He said so himself. About 12:15 in this video he says if he and his wife ever have children they'd have to name them "Comedy" and "Career" otherwise he wouldn't care about them. Later on "sober" John he talks about being high at his bachelor's party and a Clippers game, then turns around and says he never smokes pot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2021 6:26 PM

I think his stans thought he was a good Catholic boy with very grounded moral values and they took everything he said about himself in that context. Someone who holds himself to a high standard and confesses when he's fallen short. So when he's telling on himself they just think it's sweet. I don't think most of them envisioned him as a guy who'd go to strip clubs let alone have sex with strippers. For his drug use they lean into what they imagine is the vulnerability and pain driving the drug use and are vague about what his use looks like.

And then they make up scenarios about his marriage - trying to find a narrative that excuses him. She's terrible, she's cold, leaving was part of getting healthy, blah blah.

When the reality is a rich and popular party boy who knew how to get away with shit. Who knew how to work it. Someone over on reddit who was in high school with him says he's not surprised by any of this.

I saw Dax Shepherd on some talk show describing how rock bottom isn't always the turning point because it wasn't for him. His rock bottom was a weekend - a three day weekend - and then he listed what he got from his "pill guy" and the quanties and variety were mind boggling. Then booze. Then beer. And he woke up three days later having consumed all of it, no memory. It was supposed to last a week and he hoovered it up in a weekend.

I am torn between him attempting a "Modern Love" scenario down the line, trying to get back with the wife, or his PR trashing the wife. Rather than live in a gray area a lot of people make an enemy of an ex because it's less messy. Him sending an email to her lawyer that he was gonna go public with Olivia and the baby news on Seth and "hope it's not too painful for you" was casually monstrous as someone somewhere else said so I'm suspecting a campaign painting Anna Marie as dysfunctional and toxic is in the offing. I also read his PR was chasing women he'd been with and asking them to sign NDA's saying his wife was suicidal and the info coming out would push her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2021 6:46 PM

HAHAHAHA, better get that DNA test!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2021 6:47 PM

R26 if the blind item is true then she probably did produce the DNA test and that's why things moved to fast. I mean she's a lot pregnant and then it coming out was rush, rush, rush.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2021 6:52 PM

Mulaney was probably angry and in denial. He seems like the type to blame his problems on others.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2021 6:53 PM

Well it's CDAN so if it's true that's pure coincidence. But waiting on a DNA test would explain the mad rush in May to normalize this "relationship." And why it was so bungled--he was hedging his bets and then had to play catch up.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2021 6:55 PM

Yeah I totally agree about if what CDAN says is true it's coincidence, but it also completely explains why it was business as usual in December, still talking about his wife giving him a haircut, them living together in DC, ff 2 months and he's bolting the marriage and oh yeah dating Olivia they met in church it's very new they're taking it slow, here's an update Olivia is extremely pregnant. Was a mess. And him trying to paste a redemption story on it? Everyone knows who will be sacrificed but I think his wife won't let that happen and she's smarter than him.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2021 7:04 PM

I have a feeling there's some slam dunk proof he and Munn were fucking around last year, and maybe even before, and it's only a matter of time before it leaks. Tendler has some powerful friends of her own, Munn has made lots of enemies over the years, and when Mulaney and Munn try to hide the birth date (I bet they try to bribe TMZ to not pull the birth certificate) to protect their story someone is going to make sure they get called out. And even if that doesn't happen, Munn will spill eventually because she can't help herself. She's been setting up almost daily pap shots now that Mulaney has admitted to the pregnancy, she's been practically bursting (no pun intended) for months to show it off.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2021 7:15 PM

She has been bursting - so to speak. Back in May she's on the red carpet and in hindsight obviously pregnant and posing in profile.

She could have finessed the situation so nobody suspected but she wore something that was sort of "I'm casually pregnant here in case anyone wants to notice." Not as trashy as wearing bodycon but still doing a hiding in plain sight thing, dressed for comfort and her midsection obvious.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2021 7:33 PM

She could have hidden the entire pregnancy and birth--many far more famous women have, especially during this pandemic. Women who are legitimately sought out by the press, not ones who only get photographed when they stage it.

Keeping things private and low key likely would have been the healthier route for him and his sobriety. But that's not her priority, even if he feels now like he has to pretend she cares that much. And I'm not saying it should be her priority because he fucked up his own life and chose to share his baby batter with a thirsty asshole. They truly deserve each other.

Poor kid is already fucked for life by an addict dad who publicly says it's supposed to "save" him before it's even born. I seriously hope on top of that there's nothing "wrong" with this baby in her eyes. If it ends up fat, disabled, or with Asian eye folds it's going to have a horrible childhood. And I doubt he can be relied on to step up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2021 7:49 PM

How do you do a DNA test on an unborn fetus? Do they stick a really long needle into the woman’s belly and poke around until they hit paydirt? That seems rather intrusive for a test that isn’t life or death.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2021 8:03 PM

No, if you have access to the high tech testing it's basically a blood draw. Not even as invasive as the amniocentesis testing.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2021 8:08 PM

Whoa that fucking tweet R33.

God I would love to bitchfest with Annamarie.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2021 11:59 PM

If he's savvy he will take a darker and more honest tone with his comedy. I don't think the aww shucks routine will work very well anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 5:15 AM

Alicia Vikaner had Michael Fassbender's baby and nobody even knew she was pregnant. Olivia planned those pap shots.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 5:38 AM

r33 that tweet reminds me of Chrissy Teigen

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 5:50 AM

Kirsten Dunst had a second baby and no one knew until she did a photoshoot while super pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 7:28 AM

R33! Holy shit! I'd never seen that before.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 10:24 AM

Munn is just gross in so many ways. She puts off such a trashy “I’ll fuck anything” vibe, and then of course her personality is overwhelmingly obnoxious and tacky. Now it seems she’s also fucking stupid (especially tweet at r33.) She doesn’t even have enough sense to delete these old tweets? Just a stupid, stupid trash bag.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 10:32 AM

I don’t care how smart her siblings are. This woman has really poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 10:47 AM

R25, please pretty please can you give us links/sources for the Reddit thread with the kid from HS? And also where you read that Anna Marie was on suicide watch/the NDAs? Where that one is coming from? Reddit is a black hole right now because the Mulaney stuff has blown up and there are just *too* many gossipy threads to sift through.....cheers!

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 10:57 AM

I was trying to find that too r44, the closest I got was an LSA thread that mentioned Mulaney had texted Tendler's attorney and it was reported on ONTD, but it must have been a comment. ONTD lags too much for me so I didn't try too hard to find it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 11:17 AM

R44 and R55 I found that stuff on from either LSA/Reddit/ONTD. It was a series of links. You might try looking in the Deux Moi section of Reddit to get to it. I was in a rabbit hole when I saw it and didn't track how I got there.

Essentially it was insiders spilling a bit of Anna Marie's side that included Mulaney's text to her lawyer. It also said the part about his PR trying to chase his hook-ups and getting them to sign NDAs saying Anna Marie is suicidal. They also use Anna Marie as an excuse to try and get people to stop spilling, saying they're trying to "protect her". The insider says Anna Marie doesn't need it (protection), and also says she already has a bf. In this same tea drop or one adjacent to it it says at one point he had an apartment "to write in" apart from the marital apartment and when she came over she saw every sign of a bender. And she also knew he was hooking up - doesn't say if she knew about Munn or who he was hooking up with.

That his MO was f*cking FANS or at least trying to, by sliding into their DMS. He would claim not to remember trying to hook up (drunk). They're not sure if he followed through or was just doing DMs.

The narrative his fans are trying to spin is he relapsed, went into rehab and as part of his recovery ended his marriage. Trying to link his marriage to his drug problems and now that he's clean he's ended his marriage, found a new girlfriend and re-starting his life.

The truth is obviously a hot mess of him trying to stay married and have his side action until Olivia Munn produced receipts that the baby was his.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 2:57 PM

Mulaney must be using again. Nothing else could account for how he’s mishandled this whole debacle.

Going on Seth’s show to give that completely unsolicited timeline? Ambiguity is your friend, John!

I can’t believe Seth let him do it. Seth must not be a fan of Annamarie’s— he’s certainly taking sides here.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2021 5:53 PM

I’ll bet Mulaney was questioning paternity because Munn got pregnant five minutes before he went into December rehab.

She probably didn’t even know she was pregnant when he went into rehab.

He comes out and SURPRISE! You’re gonna be a daddy!

But…. I haven’t seen you in two months!

I’d be skeptical too.

Which makes it all the more hilarious that he apparently is the baby daddy. What a stupid ass.

Now it’s fairly common knowledge among their friends that he tried to deny the kid. Thus the flowery, over-the-top overcompensating language he used on Seth’s show. Damage control for his earlier not-my-kid bullshit.

Again, this is strictly 16-year-old-boy behavior. A grown ass 40-year-old man plays it smooth and supportive until some discreet testing can be done.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2021 6:07 PM

I don't think he wants to be where he is. Bet I wishes he'd rather be married and doing his degenerate stuff on the side. It stands out that he went to DC and lived there with his wife while she worked at the Smithsonian. Yes, Covid, but the DC situation wasn't permanent and he could have kept up appearances by commuting like lots of couples do.

He never got around to actually claiming Olivia as a SO. He had to imply it because if he didn't he'd just come across even more super rachett than he does already. So she's wonderful and incredible and the outcome of their "meeting in the spring" is "We're having a baby" but he never defines what they are (Whereas Anna Marie was his girlfriend then his wife).

The messiness of the rollout. Well, the situation IS a mess and that's gonna show no matter what the PR. And he probably procrastinated so it makes the last minutes rush and divorce timing look sloppy. I also think he relies upon his adorability factor to get past this. He's always worked both sides of the street, "I look like this, but I ACT like this and nobody believes it. They believe I act the way I look."

And everyone took it is a clean cut guy calling himself out cause he's an honest clean cut guy. They never took it as "This clean cut thing is bullshit - it's the suit and the face; your assumptions are wrong.. I'm a dirtbag." And he knew he was being cute hiding in plain sight but also sort of mocking people who believed he was a nice guy but then also hiding behind that persona when convenient.

IOW I think he believes charm can get him through it.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2021 6:54 PM

Why he no gotten vasectomy and why Olive Munn not have chosen a better lookin one?

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2021 7:09 PM

He’s cute and funny and that’s kept his tail out of a lot of cracks.

But I think he also has some significant demons. They probably also explain his apparent arrested development and extreme anxiety.

Physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, some combination. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 7:12 PM

I just want someone to bite the bullet and spill the real story. You know it's good.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 7:13 PM

I'm confident the real timeline and his real behavior will leak.

I don't think his problems necessarily have an environmental cause. There are a million billion drug and alcohol addicts. It's a brain chemistry thing, and it's hard to fight because the people love the drugs, booze and pills. Their brain chemistry sets them on that road and then starts needing it. Very very hard to break. Most people who have been to rehab relapse. He's got the kind of lifestyle that enables his problems. Maybe in the earlier thread was when someone said they wish there was a halfway measure for alcoholics and addicts instead of being "clean" because clean is so hard and there goes the release. If there was a way to have a dependancy that was in the gray area and not the life-threatening/destroying area it would be great, but I guess a lot of people have dreamed about that one. If you're able to just do this stuff recreationally then you're not an addict.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 7:30 PM

Ok, so I was over on the "deux moi" section of reddit again, only not being Mulaney-centric. There's a series of threads called, "I have tea on...." And one was one Colin Jost sliding into fan dms to hook up, even after getting engaged to Scarjo. Then some additional tea that he dated some other SNL cast member and cut them out of sketches after the break-up.

So the dm thing could be part of the SNL culture for this generation. It's also classic asshole. I think a different generation or type of cast member would make more of an effort. Here it's just like, "We can grab a fan." Like the demographic is there on their instagrams and it's convenient so why not shoot out a couple of invites, see who takes the bait then you never see them again. They're like kleenex. There's just this whole groupie pool accessible on insta.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2021 8:56 PM

Oh I can believe it r47, it was Seth's wedding where Olivia tried to hook up with John several years ago while he was there with Annamarie! Seth almost certainly knew John was hooking up with Olivia, it would be strange if he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]And everyone took it is a clean cut guy calling himself out cause he's an honest clean cut guy. They never took it as "This clean cut thing is bullshit - it's the suit and the face; your assumptions are wrong.. I'm a dirtbag."

That's what gets me too, all the people saying he didn't need to be honest about his personal life before are now saying he's being honest now, which makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2021 10:32 PM

Maybe I'm being silly but my gut says that the real story isn't this Olivia + baby mess. Did he get involved with an underaged fan? From what I've seen, the type of guy who displays a ton of arrested development and fixates on childhood is also the type to get over-involved with young people to relive or rewrite that part of life. It strikes me as weird that a man who doesn't want to have kids is so interested in them. He writes a children's special and so much of his comedy is fixated on childhood. It's just enough to raise my eyebrow a bit. He was starting to get dragged for the fan hookups. There were a couple of girls who spoke about it on social media but that story disappeared with the Olivia rollout. Was bringing in Hollywood's favorite beard the best shot at a distraction? I don't know but I'm sure it will all come out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2021 11:43 PM

This is the only situation I’ve heard of where Seth Myers is acting less than upstanding. Usually he comes across as a bit holier-than-thou, sure, but a solid and ethical guy.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 11:53 PM

R58 I read Seth Myers also cheats and with the same MO (randoms) but this was awhile ago and it was on the usual forums - reddit primarily. It's funny but now that I read about Jost and the past few months about Mulaney and then a couple of years ago about Seth, they all seem the same brand of douchebag and not so covert entitlement. Only difference is iwhether the douche-baggery is compounded by substance abuse.

His fans treat Mulaney like an angsty twentysomething. But he knows exactly what his appeal is, exactly how to play within the lines and in the margins and outside the lines, when to step out and wink and when to go back and allow fans to think - he was just kidding.

If I'd never read anything about Mulaney or seen him perform, and if some entertainer comes on Seth and goes, hey, so quite a year - in the fall I left my wife, later in the fall I went to rehab and then in December I went to rehab a second time, and then in the "spring" I met an incredible woman and now ... we're having a baby." I'd see shitshow and damage control all over that just based on that stupid timeline. Nothing about that timeline is compatible with an authentic reckoning with addiction. In fact, I'd probably piece together a storyline pretty close to the truth. And that's before we even take into account who the baby mama is and her history.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2021 12:12 AM

I don’t think Mulaney will have to worry about child support. She has money and has already gotten the prizes she’s wanted: to snag a funny/educated/dark/puppy dog who is on a short leash and a baby. All she’s doing is fulfilling her bucket list. They won’t stay together. He’s probably hanging at Pete’s house going, ‘fuck, fuck, fuck!’

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2021 1:02 AM

Mulaney listing the time line on Seth was like a criminal giving an alibi.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2021 1:36 AM

r57 maybe Mulaney was part of the Horatio Sanz thing with young fans.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2021 1:39 AM

Mulaney and Sanz didn't overlap at all at SNL. Sanz and Meyers did though.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2021 2:27 AM

Someone reserve a VIP appointment at The Abortion Hut for Miss Munn.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2021 2:59 AM

I get A Place in the Sun vibe and he’s Monty’s character, Munn is Shelley, and Elizabeth is his life pre-rehab.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 3:12 AM

Let’s predict due dates!

I choose Nov 3, 2021..

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2021 8:45 PM

The other day I was at a thrift shop and saw a photo album with a silver plate on the front, inscribed “Anna & John”. It is a date on it which I can’t remember, 2016. I almost took a photo to post on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 9:34 PM

Why would this tragic breeding be of interest to a bunch of gay men?

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 10:06 PM

This is a gossip board, r68.

I do wonder why someone always has to show up once a week or so and say "why do you gays even care???" Not sure what the point of that even is.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2021 11:33 PM

I feel sorry for Jake. First he lost Heath to a womyn and now Johnny... Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2021 9:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2021 2:32 PM

She looks more than 6 months pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2021 6:37 PM

Another recent picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2021 6:43 PM

^^^filtered much?

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2021 6:44 PM

I’m sorry, OLIVIA FUCKING MUNN is the face of a mental health campaign?!

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2021 6:46 PM

The thought of her being someone's mother is unsettling but maybe that's her true calling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2021 7:50 PM

Hilarious that her face is filtered to Vaseline-on-the-lens level but her bump and boobs are clear as day!

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2021 7:52 PM

R76. Pine is gay as an Easter Day picnic basket. I’m sure that was done for PR, then “leaked.”

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2021 8:15 PM

Who types their detailed sext commands on clothed pics!? 🤣 Jaysus that's hilariously pathetic! This is the greatest gossip story ever told.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2021 9:35 PM

Fuck this dumbass white boy. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2021 9:57 PM

I would not have known that was her at r73. Even her eyes look different.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2021 10:25 PM

DeuxMoi is reporting that Anna Marie Tendler *may* have hooked up with her (very public- thanks John) crush, Timothee Chalamet.

Get it, gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2021 4:29 AM

Well that’s going from the gay frying pan to the gay fire.

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2021 4:53 AM

Of course Anna Marie fucked him. Isn’t getting the clap from Timothee a graduation requirement at NYU?

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2021 11:19 AM

That's probably Olivia's PR trying to get people to move on. Just like her PR is all over the place trying to make "parasocial" happen.

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2021 2:09 PM

From reddit:

Those who were at the intervention are "not happy" and are gossiping as much as anyone.

by Anonymousreply 86September 22, 2021 1:38 AM

r86 I want to hear more about that. Sounds juicy.

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2021 1:55 AM

r86 could you please share a link? Would appreciate it. I don't know why since I am a gay man with no children and never has done drugs, but this story fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2021 1:56 AM

this will be one of the ugliest babies of all time

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2021 3:07 AM

Not surprising, r86. John's been a real pill about the intervention. They must have had no idea this would blow up into a huge gossip story.

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2021 5:13 AM

R90, I don't know if they expected him to emerge from rehab with Olivia Munn pregnant and him leaving his marriage. The timeline overlap is obvious - she's probably been one of his side pieces for a long time. It does, IMO, look almost as if they (the intervention) went behind his wife's back and are complicit in this Olivia stuff but I understand family is often not invited to interventions in order to lower the temperature of the event. I don't have the link to the "those at the intervention are not happy and are gossiping as much as anyone" but it's part of a reddit post saying his dad is a big time lawyer and Annamarie has her own issues and is not talking while the NDA/divorce settlement is being worked out. By own issues I'd imagine the reported ED.

LSA is tearing him apart. I appreciate that LSA just calls things like they are and doesn't pussyfoot. LSA dragged up an old tweet of Olivia Munn's that is believe it or not addressed to Kobe Bryant right after his death. She talks about how she was looking forward to their "brainstorming" meeting and talking about their ideas. As someone on LSA said, WTF would "brainstorm" with Olivia Munn. It was like, "I'm letting the wife know Kobe and I were close." His wife was not even mentioned or consoled in her tweet.

If he's financially circling the drain which I can believe (the amount of coke and quality, the pills - also part of it), not to mention expensive rehab stays, then the Seth situation becomes necessary as Mulaney was embarking on an extensive tour that will in part replenish his bank account. And have been adding shows. The Seth appearance was both clean up and a come on/hype. If you still support John, he's a little bambi now who is not on coke! If you don't, come see the train wreck!

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2021 1:48 PM

I thought the pic in r73 was of that girl Jimmy Garafolo "dated" a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]It was like, "I'm letting the wife know Kobe and I were close."

She is a horrible human being. She was at the very least trying to get some free publicity out of his death.

by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2021 3:00 PM

She’s been a known trash bag in LA for years. And that’s a town full of trash bags. WTF was Mulaney thinking?

She’s also fucking stupid, so don’t tell me it was some meeting of the minds.

I agree he intended for her to be the nasty side piece and nothing more.

She seems to be extorting some kind of “girlfriend” treatment from him by leaking everything to the press.

Why is he going along with it? He should just go silent and let her do her worst.

by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2021 3:20 PM

Linking the page on LSA where the Kobe Bryant tweet can be found. If it doesn't work here is the transcribed tweet (I was wrong that she didn't mention his wife, she does at the end).

"Kobe. You were such a wonderful friend. Always positive and thoughtful and supportive and reliable and so, so bright. One of the brightest souls I've ever seen and I am absolutely devastated by this.

We were supposed to get together this week to brainstorm more parts of the world you were creating at Granity Studios. You were creating a whole big world from scratch - everything from the continents to the oceans and rivers to the trees and even the leaves on the trees.

The last time we talked I told you my idea about what the night sky would be made of. I was inspired by friends of mine who lost their 4-year-old daughter to cancer. When explaining to their younger daughter what happened, instead of saying that her sister had died, they would tell her that "Billie turned into a star." To this day, if you ask her where her sister is, she'll say "Billie etoile."

We wanted to help kids be less afraid of death and tell stories of all the little and big stars... And now you're one of them.

Sending all of my love to Vanessa and your daughters.

Rest in love my friend. I'll look for you in the sky."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2021 3:30 PM

Ugh. That’s so inappropriate. Was she fucking Kobe too? We already knew he was a nasty slut.

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2021 3:40 PM

R94 her worst would be pretty bad. For starters she could reveal when they first hooked up. My guess is a long time ago. She probably knows a lot of his other habits/other hook ups.

Maintaining what he thinks is his reputation is important or he wouldn't have laid out that timeline on Seth.

Maloney's core fans are desperately spinning there was no cheating. They are committed to the notion he was unhappy in his marriage, that Annamarie was the wrong woman and a dysfunctional marriage contributed to his relapse, and Olivia is part of his recovery. He and his PR know all this. It's also obvious to me anyway from the pictures of Mulaney and Munn since the whole thing came out that the vibe between them is not a happy one. Makes me believe the story he didn't believe he was the father for months.

He doesn't want his wife to know the full extent of his dirt baggery. Don't know what legal recourse she'd have if any but if she's committing the prime of her life to him including her reproductive future (rumor is she had her tubes tied for him) and he was playing her, that's not good.

Audiences wouldn't appreciate Mulaney on tour talking about his wife as usual while a very pregnant Olivia Munn was going around saying he was the daddy. Organizing everything around his drug problems, rehab and recovery probably looked good to his PR team. Big problem was the baby mama. Hooking up with Munn reveals more about Mulaney than his hard core fans want to know. They're busy trying to put a halo on her head as we speak but it's not staying put.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2021 3:43 PM

Poor Annamarie!

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2021 4:14 PM

I looked up "Kobe Bryant Granity Studios" and learned it was something he founded. Then I looked up "Olivia Munn Granity Studios" and that tweet got disseminated EVERYWHERE. Every webpage, OK magazine, US magazine, youtube, eonline, Nikiswift, etc. etc. Some saying "Olivia Munn mourns Kobe Bryant" others "reporting" that they were planning a project together. Her PR got busy after she tweeted. Now the tweet is erased but LSA found the original.

by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2021 4:19 PM

PS - Reports of Munn's tweet are accompanied by photos of Munn/Bryant at what appears to be an event. The body language is not familiar, neither are the facial expressions.

Why the hell would Bryant "brainstorm" her ideas about anything to do with Granity studios? This is pure made up clout chasing or it's something other than brainstorming.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2021 6:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2021 8:56 PM

He is screwed being tied to her with a kid. Say what you will about Affleck but at least Jennifer Garner was good Mom material.

My best childhood friend went through a terrible divorce and his ex wife makes it hard for him with the kids. That will be your life Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2021 12:31 AM

thanks r95 I have never been to LSA but am interested in that thread. I was the poster who asked for the link to Reddit, guess I will just try searching for that.

by Anonymousreply 103September 23, 2021 12:55 AM

^^^ I am snooping around Reddit a bit and thought this was interesting

[quote]he told a story on Kimmel in December about how his wife had to give him a haircut for appearances. They’re lying about the timeline to hide the cheating.

by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2021 1:21 AM

Slut and slut.

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2021 1:42 AM

According to Mulaney’s timeline, Munn would be about 4-5 months pregnant. That’s IF she immediately got pregnant the moment they started dating. Which seems unlikely for a 40-year-old woman.

She looks way more pregnant than that. Her bump doesn’t look huge… but the rest of her does. No shame in that— a lot of women gain all over and then lose it immediately. But it takes time to put on the weight. That’s not 4months pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2021 2:06 AM

She’s at least six months along.

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Watch for the inevitable 8 lb “premature” baby.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2021 2:16 AM

Mario Lopez is such an ass kissing idiot. First I see him give Munn a tongue bath interview and then I saw him on that LuLaRich documentary ass kissing the MLM people.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2021 2:44 AM

R109. I have trouble believing he’s completely straight.

I suspect he’s sucked cock for an “exclusive.”

by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2021 2:48 AM

Oh, and he should kick her in the cuntbone.

That would achieve two goals.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote] And everyone took it is a clean cut guy calling himself out cause he's an honest clean cut guy. They never took it as "This clean cut thing is bullshit - it's the suit and the face; your assumptions are wrong.. I'm a dirtbag." And he knew he was being cute hiding in plain sight but also sort of mocking people who believed he was a nice guy but then also hiding behind that persona when convenient.

I bet he's a real scumbag. And she is such a skank

It's so funny that she was so desperate to permanently hook herself to a big star and she's hooked herself to a drug addict, who isn't serious about his sobriety

I thought she was desperate, I didn't think she was stupid

I wouldn't trust him to take out the garbage, much less to take care of a baby

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2021 3:27 AM

Don’t worry, John won’t be involved in the child’s life. Maybe he’ll send support, maybe not. She probably has a lot more money than he does.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2021 7:03 AM

If he didn't want kids then why didn't he get a vasectomy? Especially since he likes to whore around.

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2021 7:08 AM

He always came off as a smarmy bastard to me. I ALWAYS thought that he and his wife would end up breaking up and he'd end up having kids with someone else. But I thought he'd string her along until she was in her mid 40s and unable to go on and have her own family

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2021 8:53 AM

Oh he is ABSOLUTELY lying about the timeline, r104. Annamarie was with him on that Halloween SNL performance for a skit. In November he was on Kimmel talking about how he was living in DC with his wife in an apartment while she worked at the Smithsonian. I hadn't heard about the December interview you mention but it does not surprise me one bit.

I can't imagine she would have appeared with him on SNL with him on October 31st if he'd moved out earlier in the month as he's now claiming.

by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2021 11:12 AM

Maybe his friend's wives are ticked at their husbands for letting hussy Munn into their ranks. I would think when you see somebody leave their wife for their side piece the other wives may be leery.

by Anonymousreply 117September 23, 2021 11:24 AM

He seemed really “off” in “Kid Gorgeous,” which I think was 2018. There’s a stark change in demeanor and appearance when compared to his 2 earlier comedy specials.

He looked like he had aged 20 years. All that adds up to drugs, usually.

So he’s been using for a while. Also probably seeing Munn for a long while.

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2021 11:32 AM

I usually hate kids being cutesy so I never watched his Sack Lunch Bunch and thought that was an odd choice for him.

by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2021 11:37 AM

This poor child.

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Almost 40 and NOW he chooses an oops got someone knocked up moment. Destroys his own life because I do believe that's what happened here. I don't think he ever wants to come in back off the road.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2021 2:09 PM

I always thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2021 3:33 PM

I think it’s likely Mulaney is one of those gay men raised Catholic who would never really be able to come out.

So they go around fucking any female they can just to prove to themselves how straight they are.

That this gay nan ends up having an accidental pregnancy in his forties with OLIVIA FUCKING MUNN is just so weird.

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote]I always thought he was gay.

You and the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2021 4:09 PM

Living with his wife in DC really messes it up for his fans who insist he has been separated for a year. In NY as long as both parties say they've been separated the requisite amount they can even live together because that's just what's practical in some cases until things are sorted. The courts aren't checking the sheets.

He could have said he was commuting to see his wife while she worked in DC on a gig. It was a gig, not a permanent job. Instead he says he's living with her there while she's working at the Smithsonian. Or he didn't have to stay anything at all.

I think he was hoping one of half a dozen other guys would be daddy and was dragging his feet. It IS like Shelly Winters in Place in the Sun and even more in the Dreiser book it was based on where the pregnant ex just won't be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2021 7:06 PM

On the gay part I find it weird that at least 3 guys on SNL did the same hook up MO - getting into fans dms. That sounds like they're bonding with each other over using these women, which is gay adjacent at the very least. I also suspect those "emotional affairs" Mulaney had may have been with guys.

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2021 7:08 PM

I think a big part of Mulaney's appeal is that he convinced a lot of you that he was just like you. That was part of his act. I don't think he's gay and if you thought he was gay, again, that was part of his act. Comedians are dark, dark creatures who make a living off of making you laugh and pulling the wool over your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2021 7:15 PM

True about how dark comedians are. This is one of the most interesting celebrity scandals ever. I've posted before that I think his fans minimized Mulaney's drug problems and if anything thought he was exaggerating them because he has so much integrity. They do not really picture debauched whore lying blackout drunk/addict.

We've got his clean-cut persona, his fairly original comments on his marriage - she's not a typical stand-up wife - and we've got the absolutely lowest common denominator mortifying identity of the side piece/baby mama. His age. Baby mama's age. TWO interventions. An attempt to spin the timeline. An almost frantically booked tour to rake in the income.

It's going to get worse and I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 128September 23, 2021 7:35 PM

I’ve seen several interviews in which Mulaney talks about how he was able to “keep up appearances” with his parents when he was a teenaged addict.

He’s fairly fixated on this idea that he was able to fool everyone.

He also seems to think that as long as everything APPEARS to be ok, that’s the same thing as things being ok. (I am very familiar with this mindset, having grown up in a family and a town where this was the prevailing attitude.)

He seems to think he is “special” and is the one guy on the planet who can handle his drugs and every one should STFU and leave him alone.

I would like to know what events/behaviors led to the interventions. I know he’s made some jokes in his act, but they don’t really disclose what led to the intervention.

by Anonymousreply 129September 23, 2021 7:45 PM

ITA R129 and I think he probably didn't fool his parents as much as he thinks he did. Because at other times he mentioned his parents being exasperated with him because he thinks he's cute - IOW, knows he's cute and how to play it.

He has this whole riff about how his wife said to him you're fake with your parents and he said yes. And she said and your act is fake and he said yes. And then she said we've been married awhile, and he said yes. And she continued, and I think we'll be together a long time (well that didn't age well).

So she concluded saying "So you'll never know what I think of you and I'll never know what you think of me." It seemed like a tongue in cheek kind of thing but I agree that he prides himself on being unknowable and all that bullshit dysfunctional people tell themselves. Also although this is armchair psych shit, doing the shit he does is a way to make sure nobody knows him. It's like this circle.

He's too old for that sort of vanity. "Nobody knows me." Get out.

by Anonymousreply 130September 23, 2021 7:49 PM

I get a vibe from him that he probably grew up in a very high conflict / unhappy home where there was nevertheless a lot of image consciousness. Very 80s, very Catholic, very upper middle class attorney behavior.

His mom seems like she might be / have been a drinker.

Add his inability to be his gay self and possibly being targeted by a predator (his comedy heavily hints at this in many ways), he’s a bit of a perfect storm.

by Anonymousreply 131September 23, 2021 8:05 PM

His brother committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 132September 23, 2021 8:06 PM

Mr Dark Triad

by Anonymousreply 133September 23, 2021 8:23 PM

No his brother Peter died as a baby - never came home from the hospital - and Mulaney took Peter's middle name (Martin) as his confirmation name.

His sister Claire is also a comedy writer and I think stand-up and looks just like him.

by Anonymousreply 134September 23, 2021 8:48 PM

I think he grew up in a prosperous home with educated parents who were socially conservative. That's not responsible for his drug addiction or whoring around.

There are definite genetic propensities towards addiction but when you're nearly 40 you should have taken them seriously. Not just done this rinse repeat.

Knew people who worked with a now deceased very wealthy lawyer who had every vice under the sun. My friend told me "He doesn't go to rehab to get better. He goes to re-set his baseline before starting it all again." The guy was late 40s/early 50s at the time and was dead before 60.

People often take some troubled soul as coming from a tormented past when their real issue is arrogance, enabling, and never having had to deal with meaningful consequences.

by Anonymousreply 135September 23, 2021 10:45 PM

I was just watching part of one of Mulaney's comedy specials with the "Why buy the cow" piece of it. After he gotten through most of it he does this riff with, "You're lucky to have the cow you have. Getting milk from cows has never been your thing JOHN. All told there may be eight cows and you didn't get milk from all of them."

So that's on purpose. It's funny-ish, but it's also painting him as sexually conservative or at least not as experienced as most men. Not good with the ladies. Certainly not a guy banging countless strippers and fans, which is closer to reality. He's misdirecting all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 136September 23, 2021 11:01 PM

Some people who were awkward looking as kids never get past feeling like an awkward wallflower. (Bill Clinton comes to mind.)

In Mulaney’s head, he’s still that awkward virginal teen.

So, he feels entitled to claim both “identities.”

Even as he’s banging strippers right and left.

by Anonymousreply 137September 23, 2021 11:11 PM

I wonder how hard it is to get past it. In college I knew a girl (theatre student) who was pudgy. Lots of curly read hair, not a bombshell. About 40 lbs overweight.

Between her junior and senior year she lost that weight and returned for senior year looking like a botecelli angel - clouds of hair, wraithlike body, got with the hottest guy in the theatre department who was actually pretty hot (and became semi-famous). The adjustment didn't seem to be much for her at all.

By most accounts Mulaney was popular and did fine with women from high school on. If he was awkward as a tween or early teen did he really think that singled him out? How many cool tween's and high school juniors are there? I think he knows what he looks like and the projections people like to put on him which is mainly "I think he's cute - but most people wouldn't" and plays into that. Reality being whether his fans like to think it or not he is cute and can get it.

by Anonymousreply 138September 23, 2021 11:39 PM

His sister Claire writes for "Last Man Standing." Blech.

by Anonymousreply 139September 24, 2021 9:11 AM

[quote]I think he grew up in a prosperous home with educated parents who were socially conservative.

He has a routine where he implies his mom is a Democrat and dad is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 140September 24, 2021 9:15 AM

Is that the routine where his father didn't want to go to Clinton's alumni fundraiser at Yale? His father just didn't like Clinton - probably for the same reasons he criticizes John (using charm to get away with shit).

His father is on youtube at some conference talking about fairly progressive stuff so I don't know about being conservative politically. He's conservative personally. I love the story of him asking a kid at a theatre if the kid was going to keep talking the entire play. That's my kind of guy.

In the bit about Clinton Mulaney says they all knew each other "at college" but that's not true. They knew each other at Yale Law School. I see his parents as midwestern which is its own thing, even when you're Democrat it looks different than it does on the coasts.

by Anonymousreply 141September 24, 2021 3:59 PM

His dad did donate to Rahm Emanuel. His firm Skadden Arps donates entirely to Democrats. Huh.

I'm a liberal in the Midwest and I know liberals are not the same here as on the coasts, but his description of his dad does not at all resemble the kinds of liberals we tend to get out here. I'm not saying the description is true, but I am saying that I don't necessarily agree that his dad's "socially conservative" character is because he's Midwestern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Ok, that's just my impression of midwestern types. It could be just Charles Mulaney being Charles Mulaney.

Following this thread made me read a little bit about comics and they're almost all disgusting people. The men are. Louis CK is repulsive. Even before he got quasi-cancelled I noticed his narrative that the stuff he said out loud were part of the common universal experience - he used himself as the norm who just you know was brave enough to say it. A lot of the stuff he said was about violent sexual impulses and that's not the default. That's him. And SOME people. I think it's on purpose too. He knew he was a deviant but used his stand up to normalize and said it in a way so people were like, "Yuk yuk that strikes a chord!" I always wanted to ask a fan so when you return a book to the library all you can think of us how much you want to whip it out and beat it in her face? Really? What part of this can you relate to?

They're also just chasing laughs, that's it. They're not the truth tellers. Maybe George Carlin but I take it back if it turns out he was a disgusting human. They had behind this "Don't censor me, I'm pushing the envelope of discourse!" Shut the fuck up. It ain't that serious. The fact that most of them are miserable isn't the audience's problem either.

Watching John Mulaney (research for this thread!) he called out a guy who was on his phone. He didn't beat the guy up - he pivoted into a different story and then left him alone, but the tone he used when he said "Are you on your PHONE?"

I'm not on my phone when I attend an event but if the venue is lit up so my screen glare isn't bothering people and I'm not talking on the phone but looking at my phone or even closing my eyes and taking a nap I haven't committed any sin. They are all just so self important and such control freaks.

by Anonymousreply 143September 24, 2021 7:19 PM

His dad just sounds Irish Catholic to me. There is an hilarious twitter thread about getting insulted in Ireland just for existing. It's the way. The stuff his dad does and says is probably not said in any kind of aggressive tone or demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 144September 24, 2021 7:21 PM

Typical Irish catholic dad can be very, very damaging.

by Anonymousreply 145September 24, 2021 8:07 PM

Eh, the things Mulaney says that his dad came home from work (routinely, in time for dinner), would check if he brushed his teeth and call him out if he didn't, doesn't sound damaging to me. It sounds reliable. Mulaney was the parent, the kids were the kids.

by Anonymousreply 146September 24, 2021 9:08 PM

Speaking of comics being creeps.... Jerry Seinfeld was dating a high school student when he was 38. That was at the peak of the Seinfeld show and before internet gossip. Then it was sketchy how he met his wife right after she got married and also how she stole material for her cook book.

by Anonymousreply 147September 24, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] His father just didn't like Clinton - probably for the same reasons he criticizes John (using charm to get away with shit).

His father didn't like Bill Clinton because his parents went to school with Bill Clinton.

John said that Bill used to walk girls on-campus home as part of a safety program.

One night Bill asked his mom if he could walk her home and she said yes. She told John they walked arm in arm to her dorm and she wanted to invite him up for a beer but didn't.

This happened during the time his mother was actually dating his father and John said, his father has hated him ever since out of jealousy since his mom obviously had a crush on Bill even back then and was still a fan of his.

by Anonymousreply 148September 24, 2021 9:38 PM

DListed post that Munn is due at the end of the year. Which makes the time line that Mulaney gave questionable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 24, 2021 10:25 PM

I don't believe either Mulaney or Munn. If we parse it, right NOW is the end of the year. We're in the second half.

I saw Mulaney's bit about Clinton. I think Clinton was just not Charles Mulaney's "type" of person. I like Clinton but he's slick. John Mulaney is also slick.

Jerry Seinfeld's wife was just married to a Nederlander (theatre owning family) when they hooked up after meeting at the gym. It was very suspect for her motive-wise because if you swiftly upgrade during your honeymoon it casts aspersions on why you married your husband to begin with. Nederlander didn't have an ordinary bank account. Jerry Seinfeld's wife now looks like a boy for what it's worth.

A few years ago I was crossing the concourse at Rock Center and nearly slammed into someone. I had to look up to see who and WTF it was Jerry Seinfeld. I'm a woman and tall but he came off as TALL. My head was fully tilted back. I didn't actually collide and looked up to say excuse me but when I saw who it was I thought, "Nah." It was instinct and I think I was right. Just keep moving.

Mulaney has really being building a narrative that covers his ass while acknowledging his addictions while encouraging the rest of us to think how bad can it be - he's a moral person. One is his implication he's not a womanizer and has limited sexual experiences. Another is his comment on Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up bit where Seinfeld takes off after how movie theatres over charge and rip you off, so after shelling out that money Seinfeild is not going to clean up his own trash but will just "Open my hand." Mulaney commented how cold that was. (Not to mention out of touch - the rich movie theatre operators aren't the ones cleaning up Seinfeld's trash.) And Seinfeld goes, "That's like saying, "I'm gonna leave my wife and kids because I'm GOD!"

Look at him now - a guy who is fucking around left and right and had Olivia Munn as a side piece during his marriage until he came up pregnant and then he swiftly departed his marriage and tried to clean the whole thing up. It was cruel to his wife how it was handled.

by Anonymousreply 150September 24, 2021 10:39 PM

Who in this day and age upends their life to make an honest woman out some dumb slut?

by Anonymousreply 151September 25, 2021 5:31 AM

I think people are talking more about the oblique "try not to be gay" speeches he gave John, R146, and that time he had the kids in the van and they asked for McDonald's, so he went there, ordered himself one small black coffee, and left, just to make the kids feel bad.

by Anonymousreply 152September 25, 2021 10:50 AM

[quote] Munn is due at the end of the year

Mulaney left rehab at the end of February, after 60 days. Pregnancy lasts about 280 days. The baby should be here around the first week of December, if she got pregnant the second he got out of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 153September 25, 2021 10:56 AM

Ok Dad sounds like a sadistic prick going by that McD story.

by Anonymousreply 154September 25, 2021 10:03 PM

He just sounds like a dad of the era to me. His kids were all smart and he liked to bust chops.

That's if it even happened. In hindsight it's easy to pick up fake stuff in Mulaney's act - like saying his parents knew Bill Clinton in college when they were at law school at the same time, not college, in pretending that he has limited sexual experience amounting to about eight women not all of whom he's even slept with, and allusions to cheating on one's spouse or leaving your wife as a seriously dirtbag thing to do (once was in an interview, the other was in a bit)

by Anonymousreply 155September 26, 2021 3:43 PM

Many people refer to any type of grad school as "college."

by Anonymousreply 156September 26, 2021 4:03 PM

No they don't.

by Anonymousreply 157September 26, 2021 11:21 PM

Many people refer to law school as “school.” I think Mulaney might have said “my parents went to SCHOOL with Bill Clinton.” I could be totally wrong, though— I’m too lazy to look it up.

by Anonymousreply 158September 27, 2021 12:22 AM

I just saw it yesterday and he said "college." Law school is very specific. Everyone uses "Law school" or "Med school" for those grad studies. Nobody is like "College" when it's med school or "college" when it's law school.

by Anonymousreply 159September 27, 2021 12:28 AM

No,, they wouldn’t say “college” for law school, but they might say “school” for law school. Which is irrelevant, I guess, since he says “college” in the act.

by Anonymousreply 160September 27, 2021 12:42 AM

Undergrad - everyone says "College" whether its a college or university.

Grad Schools - people will say Law School or Med School or Grad School, never just school.

by Anonymousreply 161September 27, 2021 12:50 AM

I and all my classmates say “I knew so-and-so in school.” We would never say “in law school” as it’s somewhat assumed everyone we know went to law school or better (PhD, medical school.)

by Anonymousreply 162September 27, 2021 12:55 AM

[quote]like saying his parents knew Bill Clinton in college when they were at law school at the same time, not college

This is a ridiculous point to make. He obviously lied about a lot of stuff, but this isn't a lie, this is streamlining his language to make the story flow. No one (except one person on DL) is going to say "oh, they were in law school together, not college? clearly this man is a LIAR!"

The punchline of the joke involves his dad working for a legal firm, it's obvious he's not hiding that fact.

by Anonymousreply 163September 27, 2021 1:30 AM

I never heard of this website but it has a lot of info about his wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 27, 2021 3:35 AM

I wish Anna Marie would have a bit more dignity. But I guess she’s pretty dignified compared to Munn.

by Anonymousreply 165September 27, 2021 5:58 AM

I don't think she's been undignified in the least. All those photos are from July of this year or earlier and were part of her booth at the art fair, for a project called "Rooms in the First House." That doesn't seem like an undignified way to process this mess to me. But I know DLers are determined to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 166September 27, 2021 8:34 AM

R154 I read that stuff. I like Anna Marie Tendlers art and I thought it was cool that some SNL people and alumni came to support her (Molly Shannon and some writers).

While I'm in the Mulaney rabbit hole I came across some backlash he apparently got hosting SNL on Halloween last year saying it made no difference which "old man" was elected president. He had to go remote on Kimmel for a mea culpa. On Kimmel he again says his wife and others were like "WTF" when they heard the joke. He said he ran it by himself in a "field in Connecticut" and we know that's where his wife lives. So this was November and he was in Connecticut with his wife, not moved out. In fact it seems to me he clung to his marriage until Munn turned up with a bun in the oven. He could have easily been "I'm working for Seth and sometimes appear on the show so I'm in our apartment during the week and with my wife on weekends." and "My wife is in DC doing a Smithsonian gig." But nope. He goes to Connecticut and goes to DC.

He also used his mental health as a reason, mentioning he was working for Seth because "I need a boss - I'm not good running things myself." and he needed assignments to complete. That his therapist told him he (the therapist) was not optimistic about Mulaney's ability to thrive without structure.

Just the fact that Tendler turned the "year from hell" (per a friend who posted on her insta) into art shows IMO that she knows how to turn chaos into structure. At least now she's doing it for herself and not him.

As others have said I bet he seriously regrets leaving his wife and obviously regrets getting Munn pregnant. But it may be the best thing for his wife in the end.

I wonder if Munn regrets this. She's not getting the hype from this she probably anticipated, even though People magazine is doing its best.

by Anonymousreply 167September 27, 2021 2:14 PM

I didn't realize he got guff for that joke about it not mattering who you voted for. I was REALLY put off by that, I thought it sounded strange coming from the "horse in a hospital" guy, especially since Mulaney was a Bernie fan and Bernie's older than Biden or Trump. It never occurred to me to see if anyone else was irritated by it, guess I should have.

There's another Kimmel appearance on December 2nd where he talks about the Secret Service questioning him about the joke about Roman senators knowing how to "deal with" a troublesome leader, and he says that he and Annamarie are living in DC together right across the street from the Secret Service headquarters.

I don't know what he was thinking, trying to claim he moved out in October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 27, 2021 3:07 PM

I wonder if he claimed October as a date of separation in court papers.

Might be to protect Annamarie from community debt for his rehab bills.

So, it would be to her advantage to go along with the October date.

by Anonymousreply 169September 27, 2021 4:31 PM

I don't think he's trying to protect Anna Marie from anything. Those bills will be handled. Can you imagine it getting out that his ex wife, whom he's already done so dirty, was on the hook for his rehab bills too? Already rumors are Seth Meyers paid for rehab.

Mulaney's PR team has to stop the "protect" stuff when he's clearly not. I mean just the remark to Seth that meeting Olivia Munn at Seth's wedding was the one good thing from Seth's wedding (John was there with Annamarie who was his fiancee' at the time).

by Anonymousreply 170September 27, 2021 5:09 PM

Yeah, Mulaney seems to be operating in a “boys will be boys” timewarp. He doesn’t seem to get that the world doesn’t work that way anymore.

by Anonymousreply 171September 27, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] I just saw it yesterday and he said "college." Law school is very specific. Everyone uses "Law school" or "Med school" for those grad studies. Nobody is like "College" when it's med school or "college" when it's law school.

Everyone who went to law school, says law school. People who didn't go to law school, for the most part aren't going to be specific. Especially if they aren't positive when something occurred . They'll just say school to be safe.

Why do some of you fools take everything and anything that any comedian says during their act as the 100% truth? It's all an act. It's not testifying under oath. Plus, he's a junkie. That's means for about the past 5 yrs, (or longer) he's lied about half of everything in his life to everyone in his life. That's what junkies do. They spend years being manipulative liars

This lying on Seth's show should prove that to all of you. I wouldn't doubt it if he's not drinking and/or using prescription drugs right now. Famous drug addicts hardly ever think drinking is "using"

The most important thing about sobriety is being completely honest. Getting caught in lies that people can google the truth in less than 3 minutes is sloppy and insulting. Although most of you actually believed him.

And if his dad works for Skadden Arps, his dad is a shark. Not some midwestern bumpkin. His dad must be mortified his son has handled all of this so poorly and told such pathetic lies.

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Not sure why mentioning things that Mulaney said about his family in stand-up always leads to someone screaming "It might not be true, you dopes, you fools, you morons!" We all know that. I've gone out of my way to say "it was implied" or "it may not have been true" and others have as well.

I'm just not getting why someone needed to write a lengthy essay about how they're smart and the rest of us are stupid, dopey fools.

by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2021 3:51 AM

Read an unverified rumor that he's started to incorporate his cheating into recent stand-ups.

If so, trying to get ahead of the narrative.

I think Kevin Hart and definitely Chris Rock have incorporated that into their sets, but wondering if it would work for Mulaney. His persona was choirboy no matter how he alluded to his drug use. He's laid plenty of groundwork for addiction, not so much for being a cheating dog. In fact, he went the other way and painted himself as terminally awkward with women. Prior girlfriends cheating on him, him having "about eight" previous relationships, not all of which he was successful in consummating. I think this stoked the fantasies of his millenial fanbase who loved the idea of him being "their" type but not every girl's type. You know, made him seem accessible to them in an alternate universe. Would womanizer Mulaney sell?

Also the situation is pretty sordid and wondering if it could be spun to be gallows humor and the sort of "that's life!" thing he used to do.

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2021 7:36 PM

There will be some fans who like “loud and mean” (to quote his act) Mulaney more than effete, Catholic schoolboy Mulaney.

And some will go the other way.

by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2021 7:58 PM

He is a slimy geek, and NOT HOT. The idea if him ‘sliding into DMS’ makes me barf. Oh those far apart eyes and fake self deprecating humor.

And O-Munn looks vacant and soulless and rubbery.

Good luck, Fetus.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2021 8:20 PM

Rumors of strippers and college student dms have been around about him but Munn was the tell. If some SNL writer had gotten pregnant by him (other than Lindsey Shookas) he could have spun the cheating as part of his addiction spiral. Goes to rehab, comes out, leaves the seedy hook-ups behind, starts fresh with a new gf, having a baby.

But Munn. Not only is she enormous, which wrecks his timeline, but it's Munn. She's not the girl you come out of rehab and begin again with. And nobody normal or less Munn-like would have gotten pregnant by a married stand up comic addict in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2021 9:08 PM

He looks preppy but what appeal he has is tied to his particular persona.

I don't think loud and mean Mulaney will work. It's only funny because people think he's not loud and mean and like the idea of him thinking that his harmless self is loud and mean.

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote] I'm just not getting why someone needed to write a lengthy essay about how they're smart and the rest of us are stupid, dopey fools

It probably has something to do with 40 people writing how his family is "this" and his family is "that" and it has to be true, "he said it in his special". He said it on SNL.

dopey morons. Believing an entertainer who has spent half his life addicted to hard drugs.

by Anonymousreply 179September 28, 2021 10:08 PM

R177 is right. Munn is vicious and a desperate headline grabber. No matter how she tries to reinvent herself the nastiness comes through. And even if she had some measure of self control she's burned too many bridges to ever successfully pivot to a kinder nicer image. Mulaney, whatever he is "really" like, is now forever tainted by the association. And only made worse by his ridiculous spiel about meeting this "wonderful" and "supportive" woman. Whether it's twoo lurve, trapped by oopsie baby, or something in between, he's all in with the pap shots and sadly amateur PR massaging. And she's already torpedoed his shaky timeline by revealing to People that's she's due this year just to get a sad little puff piece. I wonder how many people in LA are laughing at him behind his back for knocking up a toxic person even the dumbest horniest douchebros had the sense not to procreate with.

And just wait til her dumb thirsty mouth spews some indefensible shit AGAIN. Is he going to let himself look even stupider by playing captain save-a-ho, or even more callous by hanging his babymama out to dry?

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2021 3:42 AM

The next time Munn says something like that "so if you're mentally retarded you get to win?" tweet at r33, Mulaney will ignore it. He's been trying to ignore all of this, and what he can't ignore he's tried to lie his way out of. He's a child. His current stand-up might be successful because everyone wants to see the trainwreck, but he spent a lot of time building up the persona he just ruined, and I don't think he has the chops to build another persona.

There will be 3000-word thinkpieces about "John Mulaney's new start" which will "go deep" and the usual Twitterati will post it as "essential reading" but I don't think that will translate into a new phase of his career. I don't know how much the SNL folks will be able to help prop him up. Mulaney doesn't seem to have a lot of good will in the stand-up industry, he seems to be almost entirely an SNL alum creation and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote]It's only funny because people think he's not loud and mean...

Only clueless people think that. Mulaney is obviously many layers of crazy. There's a lot roiling around inside that guy and not much of it is nice.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2021 3:57 AM

I also heard the rumor Seth Meyers paid for Mulaney's rehab. Ironic that Seth trying to help him out with the pregnancy announcement backfired.

I used to think Seth was gay too, but I think he is just a prissy straight boy.

by Anonymousreply 183September 29, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote]Mulaney doesn't seem to have a lot of good will in the stand-up industry, he seems to be almost entirely an SNL alum creation and nothing else.

Interesting, I have the opposite impression. I think he's well-liked by a lot of industry folks and they don't want him to relapse (or at least not as badly as last year). And that's why we're not hearing any mocking or WTF was he thinking from his fellow mean and fucked up comics. Mostly they're staying uncomfortably quiet about it or showing him some awkward support. Munn of course is benefitting from that goodwill as well, for now at least. Because notably no one has said "hey, they're great together and they're going to be great parents, I'm so happy for them." Not even HER industry friends (if she really has any). Even Seth with John sitting right there was awkward as hell in congratulating him. So that's a pretty good sign that no one is really excited about this, but they are all going out of their way not to show it. If it were practically anyone else who knocked her up in such a spectacularly fucked up fashion they'd both be relentlessly mocked.

by Anonymousreply 184September 29, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]Why do some of you fools take everything and anything that any comedian says during their act as the 100% truth? It's all an act. It's not testifying under oath.

You do know his mother said this story was accurate, right?

She also said that 95% of what he says is true. (I'd wager she meant about them. How could she know about anything else?)

Not that I don't get your point, or understand your point, it's just that she was asked directly about this story (Bill Clinton) and his act in general in an interview.

by Anonymousreply 185September 29, 2021 6:15 AM

[quote]. Mulaney, whatever he is "really" like, is now forever tainted by the association. And only made worse by his ridiculous spiel about meeting this "wonderful" and "supportive" woman. Whether it's twoo lurve, trapped by oopsie baby, or something in between, he's all in with the pap shots and sadly amateur PR massaging. And she's already torpedoed his shaky timeline by revealing to People that's she's due this year just to get a sad little puff piece.

She's the reason the public knows. All the little stunts she's pulled. We'll find out the truth about how long they've been seeing each other because she's dying to tell everyone, everything. I bet we find out seth isn't such a good guy and knew all about the cheating and maybe even allowed John to use his extra apartment (that Seth uses as an office) to hook up with Olivia

by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]Because notably no one has said "hey, they're great together and they're going to be great parents, I'm so happy for them."

That's an interesting point r184, I was thinking that the uncomfortable silence and lack of "I'm so happy for them" statements was indicative of a lack of support from the comedy world in general, but maybe you're right, maybe they're staying quiet to help him out a little.

Part of me wonders if a lot of comedians just don't know him that well, because most of the projects he was involved with were part of the SNL/Nick Kroll group. If you're a comedian who doesn't work with that circle of people maybe you just don't get a chance to interact with Mulaney much.

by Anonymousreply 187September 29, 2021 10:30 AM

My cold, dead heart is starting to feel a little sorry for Munn. It must be very lonely to be 41, pregnant, and without a partner or much public support. Not to mention under a cloud of scandal.

Maybe she’s been an asshole in the past. But so have most of us. It just seems a sad situation for her.

Fuck him, though. He seems like an ass. I’ll still watch his comedy, though.,

by Anonymousreply 188September 29, 2021 11:18 AM

Meh, she had options. She chose to get and continue a pregnancy with a days out of rehab still married lifelong addict. She said a few years back she froze her eggs to make sure she had a baby option when she was ready, so it's not as though she was in a now or never situation. She wanted both the pregnancy and the identity of the baby daddy public, when far more famous women have easily hidden one or both. I doubt she's that bothered since this gets her more attention than her rapidly dwindling career ever did, and she's had a lifetime of practice being slammed for asshole moves that she just pivots from with uR jUst jEAloUs hAteRZ.

Plus she's not without a partner. Whatever the true nature of their relationship, they're together right now--she's with him on tour (she actually has a small movie out there she has totally sandbagged promotion while she's following him around) and they've made a point of being seen together repeatedly. John is going to stick to the "she's so wonderful and supportive" script for a long long time, and she'll milk that for all it's worth. I think people are floating that they're not a real couple because they're still clinging to this idea that John can't really be as stupid/awful as being in a relationship with Olivia suggests. He doesn't deserve that benefit of the doubt.

And while she's been a real asshole in the past, you just wait and see how much bigger an asshole she'll be now that she's got the mommy PR sword. Same for John--he'll continue papering over his assholery with the new spin of "I'm just a recovering devoted dad on Bambi legs trying his best!"

by Anonymousreply 189September 29, 2021 12:05 PM

^^^This.

by Anonymousreply 190September 29, 2021 12:25 PM

I'm sure this has been said a million times before but the most interesting aspect of this is where Mulaney will go career wise. His fan base had a high percentage of liberal but still straight laced young women who thought of him as a slightly troubled but " nice" guy next door. That is a highly unusual fan demographic when it comes to stand up comics. 90 percent of male comedians are followed and liked by other men and would likely not be highly affected by something of this nature. He might have been less affected by this if his image had been rougher and more male centered to begin with. I think he will be better off going darker and weirder in his routines. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 191September 29, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote]...the most interesting aspect of this is where Mulaney will go career wise.

Quite possibly so.

Where his career will go, if it does not go entirely down the shitter, will be off to the writer's room. His days as a public face are numbered.

Probably not by this stupid entanglement with Olivia Munn and a baby this fool can't possibly parent. And not because of his ex-wife. Because of his addictions.

The addiction problem is a FAR more serious problem in a show biz career than any baby. You can always pay a stranger to raise your kid, if you're successful. But you can't miss deadlines. This bullshit with his bullshit personal life will be just one more messy bump in the extremely messy ride that he has made of his time on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 192September 29, 2021 1:29 PM

I agree his addictions are his biggest danger career-wise, but don't underestimate the damage the inevitable baby mama drama can do. When enough time has passed that the shady baby origins no longer matter, Olivia will not hesitate to shank him and insinuate (or even say outright) he's a deadbeat, a bad father, using, abusive, closeted, or anything else she can think of to either punish him when he doesn't go along with her demands or does anything or fails to do something that puts her role as the hottest most awesome most perfect woman he's ever had into question. She already blew up his timeline lie just to get a lame little People blurb, imagine what she can do with teary barely veiled hints about the horrors of trying to coparent with a dangerous addict, or that she gave it all trying to make it work because she really loves him and their child but he just used her and resents the kid.

No one in the audience he wants will have any problem forgiving him when his "relationship" with her doesn't work out, but they won't forgive even a hint of him bailing on or doing anything to hurt his child.

by Anonymousreply 193September 29, 2021 1:54 PM

The 'timeline' angle to this saga is bullshit. The baby will be born on some specific date. And everyone will count back nine months and there is the end of that mystery.

For the sake of Mulaney's 'timeline,' this baby better weight 3 pounds when it's born. I suspect will weight 10 and a half pounds.

by Anonymousreply 194September 29, 2021 2:33 PM

OMFG. You bitches are *invested.* So much hand-wringing over this man's private life. He doesn't owe you or anyone anything, and he will never, ever fuck you.

Normal people don't care about shit like this. Do yourselves a huge favor and get a life!

by Anonymousreply 195September 29, 2021 2:35 PM

Do you post that rant on a lot of gossip boards, r195?

by Anonymousreply 196September 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Famous straight man knocks up his girlfriend.

Small, pathetic group of heterosexual females has a fucking breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 197September 29, 2021 2:40 PM

He will never fuck you, R196. He would not even look twice at you, which you know perfectly well. I guess Olivia Munn ruined your fantasy of him, which is why you write essays on gossip boards about him?

LMAO. Sad, sad, sad.

by Anonymousreply 198September 29, 2021 2:41 PM

R198 not any sadder than coming on a thread in a *gossip forum* lecturing people speculating on a juicy bit of gossip that’s going to yield trainwreck dividends for years to come.

There are far stupider topics that get many more threads and posts than this one, but I manage just fine by ignoring them. Because really, what point is there in trying to shame people on an anonymous forum for posting about Harry and Meghan or whatever else?

R194 of course the timeline is bullshit. He couldn’t even sell it as he was telling it. The mystery is how could Mulaney be so stupid as to think he could trust Munn for long enough to even attempt to make it work? The most generous interpretation is he thought she’d keep her mouth shut until after the baby was born and then they could do damage control with cute baby pics. But even that still makes him seem really stupid because since when is she capable of even that tiny bit of discretion?

by Anonymousreply 199September 29, 2021 3:09 PM

R181 I'm curious about the good will in the stand up community outside SNL too. It was a couple of female comics on Tiktok who dropped the tea Munn was pregnant back in May. They're self-admittedly not in Mulaney's circles but some in their circle are in his and that was the rumor going around.

The stand-up community can be clique'y and unwelcoming to women and these two women low-ish on the totem pole had no problem dropping this info on their tiktok, and they've followed up on it too. They're not worried about being ostracized or gigs drying up.

Mulaney once said his father criticized him for using "cuteness" - meaning in manner and personality not just looks - to get away with shit when he was younger. He might be doing that in his professional life too and outside SNL people may be sick of it.

A long time ago I read Seth cheats too so this is just the boys club doing clean up.

by Anonymousreply 200September 29, 2021 3:35 PM

Reading between the lines (of interviews he’s given), it seems Mulaney originally crafted his schoolboy persona to be able to get away with making raunchier jokes. He presents the raunchy stuff as things other people have said to him.

Now, why can’t a grown ass man just own his desire to make raunchy jokes? Goes back to his “keeping up appearances” obsession.

I truly think he’s still letting his parents’ opinions control him. That isn’t normal for a 40-year-old man. This might explain his apparent rebellions (Munn, drugs.)

I still want to know what caused his severely arrested development. I guess it could be the death of his brother, but I fear it’s something much more ominous.

by Anonymousreply 201September 29, 2021 3:56 PM

Ah, I wouldn't put it on his parents. Two of their kids are comedy writers. His parents may be Catholic but he's a Chicago lawyer and she's a law professor.

A lot of comics aren't raunchy. Mulaney's riff about how if you say something raunchy in terms of someone else having said it to him you can say anything was a bit. He said it for a laugh. I haven't actually seen it in his comedy. He sometimes uses bits from his act for his interviews, just dialing down the timing and making it more conversational.

I wonder if his sex life is a bigger secret than his drug use. He talks about his drug use fairly freely, although lying about it (he was never high while working = he was always high while working) and putting it as something in the past. But as to his sex life that is a manufactured persona as he presents himself as not that successful with women which is why he was so grateful to have a successful relationship with his girlfriend/then-wife.

Drug use can seem victimless, although it's not. It's something you do to yourself. A sex life particularly outside of marriage is messier, can damage other people and deceive/betray other people. I think he's been very careful to paint himself as not that kind of guy when he is that kind of guy. I don't think he will get anywhere trying to damage his wife or tear her down in any way. But I think his PR would love to slough it all off on her.

by Anonymousreply 202September 29, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote]Mulaney's riff about how if you say something raunchy in terms of someone else having said it to him you can say anything was a bit. He said it for a laugh. I haven't actually seen it in his comedy.

"Eat ass, suck a dick and sell drugs."

by Anonymousreply 203September 29, 2021 5:10 PM

Oh God did R198 just try to pull the "Just jealous" shame maneuver? At least they're working the classics and haven't thrown out the "parasocial" but I'm sure that's coming.

by Anonymousreply 204September 29, 2021 5:13 PM

I doubt his in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship with Munn. They were fucking, clearly while he was married and before his rehab - a long term side piece. I believe the CDAN story that they were apart for months because Mulaney didn't believe the baby was his.

Once she's got receipts - and he has to cooperate and not be compelled - he's got the timeline he's trying to pass off of he met her after rehab and she's nurtured him along his new path while incidentally they're going to be parents - OR in between banging strippers, college students and randoms I was hooking up with Olivia and since she was 41 and sleeping with other people this baby shit caught me blindsided. Yes people, this was something I was doing while married.

So this timeline is the best he can do. Although I think he'll modify it and it will be - yes there was overlap but he and Anna Marie were struggling and Olivia really understands him. It'll go from "met in church" to and "very new" to "known each other a long time and at some point it went from friends to romantic although there was never an intention to hurt anyone. Poor Annamarie struggled with the idea of losing her marriage even though it was over long before John left."

I actually don't think anything but the most unflattering - and obviously true - timeline will be bought into by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 205September 29, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote]Normal people don't care about shit like this. Do yourselves a huge favor and get a life!

Well, ladies, we've certainly been put in our place. I guess it's back to the perfume counter for us!

by Anonymousreply 206September 29, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] I guess it could be the death of his brother, but I fear it’s something much more ominous.

More ominous? Yes. Catholicism.

by Anonymousreply 207September 29, 2021 5:33 PM

I think him having a baby with (one of) the "other women", getting her pregnant during the marriage, and it being this particular woman, is gonna hurt him. Right now his stans are hoping the thing with Annamarie "quietly ended" safely a long time ago and then he met Olivia who is misunderstood. But that won't work.

Nobody will hold it against the kid but I don't think his fan base are going to forget how the baby came to be. If his fan base was the usual stand up fan base, he'd be fine and could work it into his set. But it's not. It's mostly millennial women, and probably mom types too, who think of him as a particular sort of relatable person.

by Anonymousreply 208September 29, 2021 5:35 PM

I don't think industry types are keeping quiet because he's well-liked outside the SNL bubble. It's because they all fuck around and it's just that John Mulaney got caught. They can't be calling him out for this when they, too, married or not, are using social media to hook up, are banging strippers, and if an Olivia Munn crosses paths, they take her up on it. A lot of guys are probably just relieved Munn wanted Mulaney's baby (or wanted Mulaney and the baby is how she accomplished it) and not them.

The addiction recovery is easier to show support and concern for. Not all of them are addicts to the degree Mulaney has been. But they all behave as he does. Possibly not Patton Oswalt but I wouldn't even back that up with a bet.

by Anonymousreply 209September 29, 2021 5:46 PM

Educated, upper middle class Catholic lawyers will fuck up their kids, I assure you.

Lawyers are trained to defeat you with logical arguments.

Catholics, including sophisticated, intellectual Catholics, are trained to drown you in fear, guilt, obligation.

Add some upper middle class focus on appearances and competition and you have a demented, druggy son - it’s even predictable.

by Anonymousreply 210September 29, 2021 7:18 PM

He’s such an idiot for going on Seth’s show with that lame-ass “elaborations of a bad liar” timeline.

They should have lain low until after the baby arrived. Well after.

But then I suppose both Annamarie and Munn were pretty outspoken.

I don’t understand why he’s giving Munn the girlfriend treatment. She leaked to the press and it has the potential to fuck up his career. I wouldn’t want to date that person.

by Anonymousreply 211September 29, 2021 8:18 PM

True, R210. I worked with a guy with a very, very similar background. I’ve never seen someone more desperate to blow up his life, for no apparent outside reason. He wasn’t famous, so it was harder for him to find a side piece, but he did finally find someone to cheat on his wife with while she was pregnant with their third child. I’m not sure where it got him since she dumped him when she found out and he wound up marrying the girlfriend. Now they have a combined 6 kids between them. He still looks dead behind the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 212September 29, 2021 8:48 PM

If he were smart he would have simply insinuated Olivia was part of his desperate spiraling out of control, but he'll take responsibility and do his best to be a good father and support her as a co-parent. Whatever horrible thing she could have exposed about him would be spun with "yeah, like I said I was strung out on drugs and she was right there taking advantage." It would have worked especially well if the wife really was willing to forgive and repair their marriage. Olivia would have been left seething as the unpicked one and the more vengeful she got as he was piecing his life back together, the worse she would look.

Instead he seems to have looked at all his options and since none were good he just decided to go with the worst one.

by Anonymousreply 213September 29, 2021 8:52 PM

Is Olivia a sociopath? Is Mulaney?

by Anonymousreply 214September 29, 2021 8:55 PM

Munn is your basic mean girl who is mentally still a teenager. Mulaney might actually be something more sinister.

by Anonymousreply 215September 29, 2021 9:01 PM

[He's going to get heckled by the audience. And Olivia hasn't even begun to show her true colors

One of the above posters was correct, she'll get really nasty when he decides to get out

The big question about Mulaney is whether he'll overdose, kill himself or make it through this

by Anonymousreply 216September 29, 2021 9:57 PM

I was raised Catholic and I'm fine. There is a lot of alcoholism among Irish Catholics so that's probably a factor.

I imagine Mulaney's parents will muster up and be grandparents since that's their values. Love imagining the first meeting between them and Olivia. Just her face alone.

by Anonymousreply 217September 29, 2021 11:19 PM

R213 but the second he just made Munn a drive by night during his spiral, there would have been push back, just as there is with his prettied up narrative now. The stories and gossip would have been - ridiculous, he's been cheating for years not just cheating with her, and she's been around for awhile.

I also think he's reluctant to acknowledge the sex aspect of his degeneracy.

by Anonymousreply 218September 29, 2021 11:22 PM

R218 Mulaney had a LOT of goodwill heading his way when his trip to rehab was announced and then his release into sober living. People can understand being in a bad place with drugs and mental health problems and lying and doing really bad things during that. I think he could have weathered it, again especially if the wife was standing by him. What people have much less tolerance for are continued lying and bad decisions when you're supposedly "sober" and "happy" and not even having the sense to throw a kind word towards the wife while you're publicly humiliating her with the consequences. I think long term he would have been better off hanging toxic Munn out to dry quick so the worst of it would happen early and be over with. The road he is on, the worst is is yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 219September 29, 2021 11:59 PM

I fhink for Munn, "getting" another woman's husband, being chosen over the other woman, particularly someone like Tendler (educated, artistic, presented as Mulaney's grounding principle) is a flex. Yeah, I'm not a bimbo. Mulaney chose me over his wife. She thinks she'll be cool by association and level up. Instead and of course, people will see him with her and go, "Oh. He's actually trash."

by Anonymousreply 220September 30, 2021 12:49 AM

She reminds me so much of Lindsay Shookus (works on SNL). Ben Affleck was supposed to be recovering and a few weeks after rehab. He's out at a restaurant with Lindsay and she's knocking back drinks in front of him. And then 2 weeks later, he's relapsed Expect to see the same scenario from john and Olivia

by Anonymousreply 221September 30, 2021 1:22 AM

If his parents know the Clintons, maybe they can get Hillary to have Olivia “commit suicide” the minute she gives birth

by Anonymousreply 222September 30, 2021 1:41 AM

Perfect summation R220. Which is exactly why he should have cut her off at the knees immediately. She'd never recover from being publicly known as the one he could fuck only while a mess and promptly discarded when he cleaned up.

by Anonymousreply 223September 30, 2021 1:55 AM

R233 I think he fucked her when he wasn't a mess. Well, he's always a mess, but I think he's relapsed and been to rehab and all of that on and off for years. I don't think his narrative of long sober periods is accurate. I think he had long high functioning periods then started playing chicken with his life like a lot of addicts do.

I don't think he expected her to get pregnant. I figure he thought why not take a regular bounce on a Hwood mattress as long as it's on offer; but she had other ideas.

by Anonymousreply 224September 30, 2021 2:20 AM

r221 I don't think Shookus could have snagged Affleck when he is sober

by Anonymousreply 225September 30, 2021 3:10 AM

I get the feeling that John's first wife was more of a mommy than a wife. Then he met Olivia, who by all accounts is a freaking party, and everything else just sort of fell into place. I don't think there are any bad people in this story. Sometimes drug use gets out of control. Sometimes marriage don't work out. I just heard from a good friend today that, out of the blue, his wife told him that she no longer wants to be married to him and now he's starting a divorce. Life is messy.

by Anonymousreply 226September 30, 2021 5:03 AM

I don’t think this offers any huge insight to his character, but John seems to have gone from one extreme to another. Tendler seems fairly uptight. Munn seems like the original dirty party girl.,

by Anonymousreply 227September 30, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]I get the feeling that John's first wife was more of a mommy than a wife.

It seems like she ended up having to be a mommy to an addict, which is pretty common. Doesn't mean she herself is "more mommy than wife."

by Anonymousreply 228September 30, 2021 9:23 AM

Tendler doesn't seem uptight to me at all, particularly if you look at her art. She seems introverted which isn't the same thing.

From Munn's POV, I think she's made the Marilyn Monroe mistake. Not that Munn is Marilyn Monroe. But when men considered "intellectual" or accomplished got with Marilyn, she thought it was validating that she was more than a bimbo. When the reality was they just wanted to bang Marilyn Monroe. They weren't like, "Wow, she's actually a woman of substance or I, Arthur Miller, would not want to marry her." So Munn thinks this makes her cool and proves she's more than a party girl, when really it just exposes John Mulaney as a sloppy party boy.

by Anonymousreply 229September 30, 2021 3:12 PM

You make a really good point, r229.

by Anonymousreply 230September 30, 2021 4:09 PM

I was reading the Marc Maron reddit about his WTF interview with Mulaney. Maron was a little skeptical about Mulaney's slick persona - and it is slick. He said if he has no idea who the person is after an hour, he gets suspicious.

I listened to the interview. Mulaney is fairly candid about his early drug, drinking and pill consumption, although he doesn't particularly break it down. Which is the real hook? Drinking, drugs or pills? I also don't believe what he is telling Maron, which is that he's been sober for nine years (this was in the early 2010's).

What Mulaney is not candid about is sex, and I think that's the thing he is burying. Let's pretend that he relapsed in 2020 due to Covid, and he spiraled. Previous to that he was still fucking strippers and college students left and right. While married. And sober? Or is that part divorced from his sobriety. Sex is the thing he is guarding.

Even with Maron, when he mentions his marriage, he says he and his wife were friends for months before starting dating, and that his own take on their romantic chemistry was he'd been friend zoned tons of times in the past, and when she finally emailed him about their flirty dynamic, he took it as her telling him to back off, that she wasn't interested.

So in the Maron interview he's pushing that - this girl and I had this vibe, I assumed she wasn't into me as so many girls have not been before, and I was ok with that. Then she emailed me acknowledging our thing, and I thought, well she's just making the friend zone official in case I get any ideas. So it took awhile to sort out she felt the same and now we're so happy.

But and except he's fucking strippers and college students since time, and as one reddit comment said, he after party's the after party and fucks anything that moves. But not a hint of that in his stand-up. His stand up tells us about his drinking and drug use, even if his persona encourages us to minimize the severity. But his stand up concertedly discourages us from thinking of him as someone fucking around and constantly hooking up. Which he is.

by Anonymousreply 231October 1, 2021 12:49 AM

I'm not sure it's up to the audience to tell a comedian what his stand up should be about.

by Anonymousreply 232October 1, 2021 12:52 AM

R232 there are fans on reddit posting things like, "When did he ever tell us he was wholesome?" and pointing to his frequent references to drug and alcohol use, a degenerate youth booze and drug-wise, frequent references to a dark side. He also referenced his dark side on Maron's show - one half of him is a gorilla trying to kill the other half.

So there's a pseudo candor. He's consistent on stage and in interviews more or less. But when it comes to sex he paints the opposite picture of what appears to be his actual self. He portrays himself as someone with limited sexual experience relatively speaking, who was cheated on in long term relationships, and who is frequently friend zoned. He went into this on Maron's show, which wasn't a stand up set. That he and his wife were close friends for awhile and when she sent him an email acknowledging more than that, he misread it and thought she was telling him to stop flirting with her. Because that's what he was used to.

This is not the truth and it's intentional. I think he knows an audience will be sympathetic towards his drug situation, particularly as he simply describes himself as being a jerk when he's on drugs without giving specific anecdotes. His fans who do concede maybe he did hook up with strippers and "slide into" college students' dms also seem to be under the impression he hooks up with strippers and college students when he's "spiraling" when this appears to be habitual on drugs or off, married or separated.

by Anonymousreply 233October 1, 2021 12:21 PM

PS and it obviously seems to be an important part of his image that he's protecting. The whole "taking it slow" and "met in church" at first with Olivia Munn even as she was probably well into her second semester at that point. Then the timeline on Seth Meyers which had him clear of his marriage in fall 2020 and not meeting Munn again until spring. And painting the Munn relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend - he never actually said it but wanted people to infer it.

I don't believe Munn forced his hand with the parking lot pregnancy photos. Two seconds after his divorce was announced People or some other celebrity rag reported he and Munn were in the early stages of a relationship. FF and he goes on a Burger King date with Munn for the benefit of People magazine. And I'm forgetting the time she was papped leaving his house, which I also think he was completely in on.

Then finally she's papped in a garage while pregnant and he goes on Seth. I think they were doing the, "Mom's not feeling well." "Mom's sick." "Mom's in the hospital." "Mom's dead." routine, easing the info about Munn out there in stages and he was on board for all of it once he realized he was the daddy.

by Anonymousreply 234October 1, 2021 12:26 PM

I agree that he's created a lot of layers to cover what appears to be the standard sex-starved comedian on tour personality that he truly has. The is-he-or-isn't-he-gay persona that he played up so much, even on his last SNL appearance, was frequently taken by young women fans I saw online as evidence of him being open-minded, asexual, and mostly harmless.

by Anonymousreply 235October 1, 2021 12:41 PM

Just because a comedian makes his life the joke, doesn't mean that he has to make his entire life the joke. His sex life isn't his comedy.

by Anonymousreply 236October 1, 2021 12:47 PM

He talks about his sex life in stand-up and interviews. Are you saying we're not allowed to talk about it?

by Anonymousreply 237October 1, 2021 12:49 PM

No, of course not. This is board where we talk about this shit. No, talk about his sex life. I'm fascinated by it.

My point was he doesn't have to give the down and dirty details in his stand-up. That wasn't his act. His act was goofy, relatable millennial, married to a nice Jewish girl who had a her shit together while he was a mess who couldn't do simple things or stand up for himself in public situations.

His act is not about fucking college girls and strippers. That's for us to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 238October 1, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote]My point was he doesn't have to give the down and dirty details in his stand-up.

No one said he had to.

We're just noting that seeming to be gay was part of his act, and that he also presented himself as the goofy, non-threatening guy who couldn't get girls, two things you yourself have said in this thread. Both of those things are making his sex life his comedy, only it's not really his sex life, it's a sex life he's lying about.

Saying that does not equal "he has to give the dirty details of his life in his stand-up."

by Anonymousreply 239October 1, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote]No one said he had to.

That's the way I interpreted it.

But on that note, I'm not sure if he's not still that guy who couldn't get girls - at least in his own mind. Fucking fans and strippers is easy. Anybody can fuck a fan. His comedy is about John Mulaney regular guy, SNL writer. Not John Mulaney comedian with a fan base.

by Anonymousreply 240October 1, 2021 1:13 PM

It is so sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 1, 2021 1:52 PM

It goes to his persona. He has no problem portraying himself as half nice guy and half drug fiend. But he concertedly portrays himself as someone who doesn't have a knack with women and whose auto-response is to assume there's no interest or he's been rejected. He has explicitly summed up his sexual experience in his life as approximately 8 people. Yes, his act is his act. But he did an interview with Marc Maron shortly after he was married, saying initially he thought his wife (previously his friend) was telling him to back off/knock it off, and he was accustomed to this.

There is intentionality to this. He is someone whether relapsing or not cheated regularly on his wife with strippers and college students, as the initiator. And obviously with Olivia Munn and who knows who else. Now that he's "caught" he did a phony disclosure on Seth trying to make it pretty, and trying to make the Olivia thing appear to be an event that occurred as part of his recovery process, after he was out of rehab and after he'd left his wife.

IOW he does not want to be associated in any way with his actual behavior with women or in his marriage. IMO because it doesn't fit what his fans want. They can incorporate the emo troubled drinking/drugging dude but not the womanizer - womanizer drunk or sober. Now he's got his ass hanging out and we'll see how much his PR tries to maintain or if they'll invent another spin.

by Anonymousreply 242October 1, 2021 2:07 PM

Also, a couple of women on reddit have relayed passing encounters with him where they got a sleazy vibe, which does not jibe with the idea that it's "easy" to hook up with strangers even if you're uncomfortable around women. One woman worked for some industry concern (show business) and went to the bathroom, passing Nick Kroll and Mulaney in the hall. She said they gave her the eye and it was very uncomfortable and also very rude. It wasn't an "you're interrupting us and we're going to be quiet til you pass" look, it was the up and down.

And another said she met him backstage for maybe two minutes and went away thinking "Fuck, I guess they all cheat." because his behavior was on the make.

by Anonymousreply 243October 1, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote]"Fuck, I guess they all cheat."

Women will never understand men. Or change them. Or accept any of it.

I'm so glad to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 244October 1, 2021 4:33 PM

Something about a substance dependency makes him seem vulnerable, while a high sex drive combined with willingness to cheat makes him seem like the predator (in a jungle way, not a “sex pest” way). He geared his persona to the former and tried to outrun the latter.

And R244 I agree with you, as a frau (lol).

by Anonymousreply 245October 1, 2021 4:41 PM

I'm willing to give those girls the benefit of the doubt if they were college age, because they might just not have realized yet that all guys like to sleep around and cheat, it's just a matter of degrees.

That up-and-down he and Kroll gave that lady though sounds super creepy.

by Anonymousreply 246October 1, 2021 5:13 PM

I don't think it was just the realization that he cheated that registered with the person who met him. Although obviously she was expecting to meet a different version of John Mulaney in those two minutes. It was only two minutes all told and they were not alone, and she doesn't seem to have been putting out flirt vibes, yet the vibe she got back was "creep."

by Anonymousreply 247October 1, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote] His comedy is about John Mulaney regular guy, SNL writer. Not John Mulaney comedian with a fan base

He's not a regular guy anymore. He's a guy who is fucking the equivalent of a hooker

by Anonymousreply 248October 2, 2021 1:40 PM

Oh calm down. She is not the equivalent of a hooker.

by Anonymousreply 249October 2, 2021 3:01 PM

Yeah, I mean first of all, she doesn't charge for it.

by Anonymousreply 250October 2, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote] Oh calm down. She is not the equivalent of a hooker

a lot of people have fucked her

by Anonymousreply 251October 2, 2021 7:52 PM

A lot of people have fucked me, it doesn't mean I'm a whore.

by Anonymousreply 252October 2, 2021 8:21 PM

Are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 253October 2, 2021 11:29 PM

R250 but supposedly she does.

by Anonymousreply 254October 3, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote]Oh calm down. She is not the equivalent of a hooker

[quote]a lot of people have fucked her

I haven't! Not even once!

by Anonymousreply 255October 3, 2021 1:21 AM

Don't be pigs. No one is more promiscuous than gay men. They brought a plague upon the world. I've never heard of Olivia Munn, though I might have been her in a video game? She's a very generic looking. Avatar.

John Mulaney is just say it.....very homely. And wide hipped with far apart eyes and fat ankles. He's got chromosomal damage. Liv Munn just appears to have had several surgeries. She's a normal gal who really really liked Mulaney's stage persona. Because otherwise he's a fucking mess.

Remember your true Allies. John Mulaney is not gay. Or gay friendly. His Irony is as funny as that other perverts. Louis C.K. Often funny. Full of rage. tiny tiny tiny little dicks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 3, 2021 1:30 AM

Heard from a birdie who knows Mulaney from the LA comedy scene:

Baby is due end of October

But who knows when birth will actually be announced.

by Anonymousreply 257October 4, 2021 4:12 AM

That would mean she got pregnant while he was still in inpatient rehab. How did they pull that off? I doubt with Covid restrictions she was allowed into the facility. Did he have day passes?

He has tour dates these two weeks and then end of Oct into Nov. So was he not planning on spending much time with the newborn?

Based on his tour dates alone I would assume she's due late Nov. or Dec. But I wouldn't be surprised if she already gave birth considering how unusually quiet she's been.

by Anonymousreply 258October 4, 2021 4:29 AM

If due end/middle October, Munn could have gotten pregnant right before Mulaney went into rehab late December.

by Anonymousreply 259October 4, 2021 5:02 AM

Or maybe Mulaney isn't the father.

by Anonymousreply 260October 4, 2021 5:09 AM

R259 No, we're already at week 40 of the year. He went into rehab before Christmas, so more than a week before the end of 2020. Her due date would have been in Sept if they conceived right before he went in. Because of the way the due date is calculated there's a 2 week window pre and post due date that are the true range of when the child could be born if it goes full term, and even with that she'd have given birth mid Sept at the latest if they conceived pre-rehab.

by Anonymousreply 261October 4, 2021 5:13 AM

R260 if he didn't confirm via paternity test before announcing their relationship, or at least before confirming the pregnancy, he is an exponentially bigger idiot than all his actions this year suggest.

by Anonymousreply 262October 4, 2021 5:15 AM

Gestation is roughly 280 days and he went into rehab around December 20th, the news came out December 21st, making her due date Sept 26th if she'd gotten pregnant before rehab.

He got out around February 25th per news articles so if she got pregnant 15 minutes after he left, her due date would be around December 2nd.

Anything in between now and December 2nd means Mulaney was either sneaking out of rehab or not ever actually IN rehab.

by Anonymousreply 263October 4, 2021 8:46 AM

[quote]Anything in between now and December 2nd means Mulaney was either sneaking out of rehab or not ever actually IN rehab.

Which would explain why he has been so slippery about timelines. He got a world of sympathy for going to rehab and for 'successfully' completing it. If he was lying about his rehab experience... that would be extremely difficult to fix.

by Anonymousreply 264October 4, 2021 12:45 PM

Even if he legit successfully completed rehab, using his day passes or whatever access was allowed to hook up for risky sex with trash like Munn, and before he asked his wife (who was also in treatment) for a divorce, is just horrible optics on top of colossally bad judgment. Even if it didn't happen until he was in outpatient sober living, it's still skeevy as fuck.

And what the hell is wrong with HER? Hovering around in PA to sneak in hookups with an addict in his second rehab trip in a 3 month period. And not making sure she *doesn't* get pregnant. What a desperate predatory POS.

I wonder how many STDs they passed between them.

by Anonymousreply 265October 4, 2021 1:50 PM

Since I can never figure this stuff out I googled "if I'm due October 29 when did I conceive."

"If your baby is due on October 29, 2021, intercourse was likely between January 29, 2021 and February 4, 2021. This is because sperm can live inside your body for up to a week, if the conditions are right."

by Anonymousreply 266October 4, 2021 2:58 PM

If she got knocked up on or around Feb 25th, her baby is due (if full term) around Nov 20th.

by Anonymousreply 267October 5, 2021 12:49 AM

I don't really get the obsessive math and timelines about the baby.

He cheated. Period.

Even if the math all works out and he split with the wife, went in and out of two rehabs and then reconnected with Munn in LA and knocked her up, he's still a cheater.

Why?

Because this is simply *too much shit* in one year to have just cropped up out of nowhere. There is NO way it was all just fine + dandy between him and wifey and then suddenly *boom* he's going doing tons of drugs and they're split up and he's playing the field and impregnating randos.

There is a build to to this kind of thing. A momentum. We're seeing the aftermath because, at a certain point, it just got too big to hide. *Literally.* But all the machinations and sneaking around and crap that was a precursor to him blowing up his life are hidden from us.

But those things were definitely going on too. And I guarantee it was for more than just the last year.

He probably had a routine he had perfected and was spinning all the plates and getting away with it and then COVID hit and made that lifestyle unsustainable. Exposed him.

And everything came to a head.

by Anonymousreply 268October 5, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote]If she got knocked up on or around Feb 25th, her baby is due (if full term) around Nov 20th.

The poor thing will probably be born 3 months premature. Weighing 9 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 269October 5, 2021 2:09 AM

Someone on Reddit went to yesterday's show and says he's losing steam already. They saw 2 other performances of his current show earlier this year and say he was better then. A few have said he's delivered parts of the show while sitting on the floor. Relapsing already? Stressing out from having Olivia on tour with him? Idk why I find this unfolding story fascinating but I'm here watching with popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 270October 5, 2021 3:34 AM

He’s been touring for five months straight. Plus the chaos in his personal life.

There’s no way he’s staying sober.

by Anonymousreply 271October 5, 2021 4:02 AM

He better stay sober. He's got 21 years of child support to fork over to his Baby Mama.

by Anonymousreply 272October 5, 2021 4:20 AM

Maybe the baby is already here and that’s why he’s tired.

by Anonymousreply 273October 5, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote]There’s no way he’s staying sober.

Not with Olivia Munn running his life.

by Anonymousreply 274October 5, 2021 5:32 AM

r270 same here. I only know him from his appearances on Seth Meyers and Saturday Night Live, I am a gay unmarried man with no children who doesn't drink and the only drug I do is an occasional Benadryl before bed... yet I am fascinated by this story too.

by Anonymousreply 275October 5, 2021 8:29 AM

He's trash. She's trash. I don't support trash, like I don't watch Duck Dynasty.

Life is tough and we all make mistakes, but at least be honest. Particularly when there's a child involved who's going to grow up and read all this shit.

I was a Mulaney fan but have metaphorically punched and deleted him.

by Anonymousreply 276October 5, 2021 8:38 AM

Eh, life is messy. At least these people seem to be able to pay for their messiness (financially.) though I guess the jury’s still out in that as far as Mulaney’s finances go.

by Anonymousreply 277October 5, 2021 9:42 AM

R262 it reminds me of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 5, 2021 10:14 AM

I posted before it reminded me of a plot from an old Harold Robbins book, maybe this interests me because it's a classic tale of the mistress getting knocked up. If he was richer and more famous maybe he could have paid her off, but then again Munn wouldn't have gone away quietly because she wants the publicity. But it is possible to keep it quiet, look at how January Jones has never disclosed the father of her son.

by Anonymousreply 279October 5, 2021 10:22 AM

Is this their future?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 5, 2021 10:57 AM

[quote] I don't really get the obsessive math and timelines about the baby. He cheated. Period.

[quote]...Because this is simply *too much shit* in one year to have just cropped up out of nowhere.

No one is doing the math because they're trying to say he didn't cheat. We're trying to figure out exactly how screwed up this is. Is it "got the side piece pregnant right out of rehab" messed up, or is it "got her pregnant while IN rehab" levels of messed up? If you don't care about that, fine, but don't try to bum the rest of us out if we do care about the details like that.

by Anonymousreply 281October 5, 2021 11:02 AM

^ That plus we know he lied on Seth's show, but there's still the question of the degree of stupidly to his lies.

by Anonymousreply 282October 5, 2021 3:25 PM

Olivia Munn saw THIS sucker comin'.

by Anonymousreply 283October 5, 2021 9:53 PM

He could be lying about rehab in part to make it seem as if he couldn't have cheated, although obviously he was cheating long before rehab.

by Anonymousreply 284October 5, 2021 11:27 PM

Those who have seen his current show over on reddit are mostly of the cheering section, standing o, just want to give him a hug ilk. But a woman came on saying she and her husband have followed his comedy for awhile and even previously went to Kid Gorgeous. They said they found him boastful, that his references to his past year are more tinged with arrogance, that he's smarter than and all that. Her husband wasn't impressed. I don't think he has the chops to make mean work for him in stand up. He has always channeled that stuff through an experience with someone else. Never his own POV. There are comics who have a sort of lived in vibe to them that some sort of aggressive or arrogant vibe, if it's played right, can work for them. I think John Mulaney developed the whole Mulaney persona because that worked for him. The haircut, the suit, the hapless out in the world person. Just starting "from scratch" and deciding to let more of his asshole vibe fly is, IMO, not going to be that funny but that's kind of where he's leaning.

I also suspect that while his struggles with addiction are real, he knows he has the audience's sympathy and uses it to manipulate, particularly now. Less so (obviously) the dogging around.

by Anonymousreply 285October 5, 2021 11:56 PM

R268 you are right.

by Anonymousreply 286October 6, 2021 12:54 AM

Is the baby here yet?

by Anonymousreply 287October 7, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote]Is the baby here yet?

Yes, and it's already in rehab.

by Anonymousreply 288October 7, 2021 6:24 AM

It came out dark but Munn assured him it was from eating too much chocolate while pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 289October 7, 2021 8:11 AM

I think Mulaney and Munn are already broken up or will be before the baby’s born.

Why on earth would she want to procreate with this guy? Surely she’s had other options over the years.

by Anonymousreply 290October 7, 2021 11:36 AM

R290 maybe it will be a last minute abortion to make a statement regarding Texas and then this incident will be incorporated into one of his shows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 7, 2021 12:06 PM

She thought he was the cool kid but he just had a cool wife. Now they both look stupid.

Over on reddit he's got some stans still separating him out from the Pete Davidson types, as if his drug addiction and alcoholism are not in that severe category. I don't know what it would take for them to get it.

by Anonymousreply 292October 7, 2021 2:04 PM

Their PR spin has been a bust. It started with the "they met in church" bullshizz... yes they met in church when he was there with his fiance at a wedding and she tried hitting on him.

by Anonymousreply 293October 9, 2021 10:15 PM

Is the baby here yet?

by Anonymousreply 294October 9, 2021 11:06 PM

Pretty sure Seth Meyers got married outdoors in Martha's Vinyard, not a church, which is where Munn and Mulaney apparently first met. I think they've been hooking up for years, concurrent with his marriage. As soon as he knew she was into it, he added her to his roster.

by Anonymousreply 295October 9, 2021 11:19 PM

The PR spin was grotesque, particularly after his wife's adroit, "I am heartbroken" comment. It was like, never mind, dustbin her, here's a new narrative and it's so charming, vulnerable and funny! We're sure putting John on Late Night will neatly steamroll anything Tendler's friends have to say. Isn't he as adorable as ever?

Callous and tone deaf. The more they tried to be breezy, smart, and relatable, the worse it was. The most horrible part was Mulaney saying that meeting Munn was at least one good thing that came from Seth's wedding. It was like, "aren't I a bad boy but I'll own it and that's how I get away with it!" They were both gross. Seth Meyers behaved like a daddy nervously but proudly watching his kid show off a skill he learned in public for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 296October 9, 2021 11:22 PM

PS, I've noticed something about stunts like the Seth Meyers debacle. In the first week, it seems as if PR employ a whole bunch of people to sweep through social media and gossip forums shaming people with a negative response, while commissioning "think" pieces like, "John Mulaney doesn't owe you squat!" Whose idea was it to pivot from, "Divorce" and "Heartbroken" to "aren't he and Olivia Munn a sweet cute new couple?" And that parasocial fuckery.

It's like real people are just garbage - out with AM Tendler, in with Munn, nobody's a real person here, it's all a brand. This was also how the Oprah stunt with the Harkles played. For a week in comes the think pieces and the social media bots controlling the narrative.

But then a week later the real reaction sets in. And it's not good.

by Anonymousreply 297October 9, 2021 11:26 PM

I’m repeating myself, but one of the grave dangers of raising a child in Catholicism is the huge risk of arrested development.

Mulaney is going through teenaged milestones.., at the age of 40. He’s trying to weigh the relative merits of the trashy slut vs the good girl… AT AGE 40!

Personally I’m team trashy slut… but I’ve known that about myself since age 17 or so.

John’s arrested development isn’t cute, or interesting, or funny. It’s tedious.

by Anonymousreply 298October 10, 2021 1:01 AM

@298 Agree. It's pretty remarkable that two middle aged rich people had a surprise baby. They are too old to not understand how reproduction works and they are too rich to not have access to a boatload of contraception options. Part of me thinks that John was feeling manic, Olivia was feeling desperate and they actually tried to get pregnant. He said in that Seth Meyers interview that the baby will save him from himself. Maybe actually believes that and thinks that's an ok reason to bring a life into the world. His bestie Pete Davidson has said on a couple of occasions that he just wants a kid because he things having that to focus on would give him a purpose and help with his mental illness. Maybe that thinking rubbed off on John too. Sigh. I can't believe how stupid these people are but it's a very real possibility.

by Anonymousreply 299October 10, 2021 1:37 AM

I don't think Mulaney is working through stages of Catholicism. I think he's a huge spoiled bitch in rebellion against being called to account. I read on reddit (so consider the source) that in his opening remarks in his act he says more of the "youth" like "My ex, Anna, better" . WTF is he doing.

I think a lot of assholes get the "Traumatic childhood" narrative instead of the "spoiled bitch" edit they deserve. Being spoiled and enabled leads to arrested development as much or more than trauma, IMO.

Chip Mulaney (his dad) and his law firm are big supporters of Chicago's Midtown Educational Foundation program which helps Chicago's poor, at risk youth navigate middle school and high school, and get into college. Mentorship, connections, resources, etc. Goal being to help the kids have skin in the game, and where possible, help the parents have skin in the game. So imagine Chip Mulaney (who looks EXACTLY like his son plus 40 years) putting his time into helping kids whose parents are disadvantaged, kids whose communities are impoverished, drug plagued, etc. and trying to navigate that. Then his own son who is legacy at Georgetown, full tuition paid, Chip takes his son on a trip to Israel after college purely because it's an interest of his son's due to his kid's theology/English major, then his son pisses it away as he has and makes a public trash heap of his life. AND even though it's way too late for that, still thinks he can slither out by playing cute.

by Anonymousreply 300October 10, 2021 1:52 AM

"in his opening remarks in his act he says more of the 'youth' like "My ex, Anna, better"

That's such a painfully lame thing to put in his act. OMG.

by Anonymousreply 301October 10, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote]that parasocial fuckery

At first I thought that was just the usual online writers' clique trying to turn a big news story into a judgemental talking point they could scold people about, because they do that a LOT, it's how they make their money, but it just kept going beyond the usual 3 days or so that those things run. It didn't feel even remotely organic, it felt forced and strange.

by Anonymousreply 302October 10, 2021 4:45 AM

Cannot believe he's actually saying in his act that the kids like his ex better. That is PATHETIC. Unless you can turn it into some kind of proper stand-up content then keep that to yourself, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 303October 10, 2021 4:45 AM

Wow. Chip Mulaney is infinitely more handsome than his geeky son.

Chip has a lot of Hot Daddy energy. His son is just a loser doofus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 10, 2021 5:10 PM

Oh wow. He's pretty cute for an old guy. He was probably super hot in his prime. IMO John has a unique face but is average looking overall. His younger sister is a comedy writer too. Not as successful and she umm well... I guess I can't post links so you'll have to search.

by Anonymousreply 305October 10, 2021 9:11 PM

John's parents in their youth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 10, 2021 9:33 PM

Yipes! The weird eyes are from the mother.

Not good on her. Not good on him.

Let's hope that unfortunate train bypasses this kid.

by Anonymousreply 307October 10, 2021 9:51 PM

Wow! Mulaney really looks like a cross between his parents. The little sister looks like an even less attractive version of mom. I really wonder how the new baby will look.

by Anonymousreply 308October 10, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]I really wonder how the new baby will look.

Depends on whomever else Olivia was shtupping.

by Anonymousreply 309October 11, 2021 12:21 AM

John Mulaney's parents look alike. I've seen that a lot in married couples.

by Anonymousreply 310October 11, 2021 1:59 PM

Are you blind, R310? Chip Mulaney is a handsome man. His wife is a wall-eyed dog.

by Anonymousreply 311October 11, 2021 2:01 PM

According to reddit he now opens his show by saying "I'm John Mulaney, I'm a drug addict and everyone hates my baby."

by Anonymousreply 312October 13, 2021 9:38 PM

And his baby is one day going to hate him, too!

by Anonymousreply 313October 13, 2021 9:44 PM

I feel sorry for the baby, John.

by Anonymousreply 314October 13, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]According to reddit he now opens his show by saying "I'm John Mulaney, I'm a drug addict and everyone hates my baby."

Now there's an act that's sure to sell tickets. It's the feel-good show of the year!

by Anonymousreply 315October 14, 2021 12:42 AM

He sounds like arrogant prick with that opening

by Anonymousreply 316October 14, 2021 1:01 AM

Because he is an arrogant prick, R316.

by Anonymousreply 317October 14, 2021 1:13 AM

He sounds incredibly pleased with himself. His determination to incorporate his hot mess of a life into an immediate stand-up, his continuing to punch down, his continuing to attempt to position himself as a victim and the smartest, are not going to do well for him long term. He's talented but not THAT talented. He filled a niche and looked sort of like the Lenny Bruce character in Marvellous Mrs. Maisel (not the actual Lenny Bruce). Fangirl shit.

by Anonymousreply 318October 14, 2021 1:46 PM

The reaction to this has been so over the top and out-sized for what it is, that it would be silly not to include it in his act and joke about it.

by Anonymousreply 319October 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Oh, are we pretending like he didn't cause all this drama himself?

by Anonymousreply 320October 14, 2021 1:57 PM

Meantime his wife his just doing brilliant shade. She posted a photo of herself in a pink dress exiting a pink room called "Last Waltz". Kacey Musgrave gave it heart eyes. As we all may remember or not this past December Kacey's recently out of rehab recent ex husband was hanging with Olivia Munn.

So later his wife does an insta-story saying this goes out to (whatever Kacey Musgrave's insta handle is) - how to put a duvet cover on a duvet. It's very funny. Anna Marie Tendler is petite but she shakes out the duvet cover, shows what corners to grab, and then how to get it on the duvet itself with minimal struggle. She's tiny so there's a little struggle but still. The duvet cover goes on and in short order is shaken out over the enormous bed. It's very cute and also on brand since Anna Marie Tendler is like an avatar of competence in many things. There's no edge to it at all.

But, as someone on reddit remarked: "I love women helping out women. It's so hard to change a duvet cover on your own because Olivia Munn has fucked your husband."

by Anonymousreply 321October 14, 2021 1:57 PM

Over the top and outsized for what it is? Not even a nice try!

by Anonymousreply 322October 14, 2021 1:58 PM

Duvet covers are a BITCH to get on, and I don't think Olivia Munn has fucked my husband, but I guess I'll ask when he get back from work.

by Anonymousreply 323October 14, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]As we all may remember or not this past December Kacey's recently out of rehab recent ex husband was hanging with Olivia Munn.

It would be hilarious if John had been saying the baby wasn't his because it could have been Kasey's ex's instead. There must be a million women who absolutely loathe Olivia Munn.

This is just such a deliciously huge, enormous, melodramatic mess, I can't believe someone tried to say our reaction is "outsized." We're not even making stuff up, we're just repeating what's happened!

by Anonymousreply 324October 14, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]Over the top and outsized for what it is? Not even a nice try!

C'mon. A comedian got addicted to drugs and cheated on his wife. Fun to talk, speculate, and gossip about, sure, but hardly the earth shattering drama that the WWW has turned this into.

by Anonymousreply 325October 14, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] A comedian got addicted to drugs and cheated on his wife.

That conveniently leaves out the most fucked up and the most laughable parts: impregnating a desperate asshole while still in outpatient rehab and then setting up lame People pics and lying about it.

by Anonymousreply 326October 14, 2021 2:12 PM

That's the bridge too far? PR photos? An addict making questionable choices?

by Anonymousreply 327October 14, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote]the WWW

Hot takes from the year 1998!

by Anonymousreply 328October 14, 2021 2:15 PM

R327, if you need attention, find it somewhere else please. If it's not attention you want but rather to defend your idol, then do it without being a passive-aggressive question troll.

Don't come here and demand everyone explain themselves by rehashing the entire scenario. This is fun gossip fodder.

by Anonymousreply 329October 14, 2021 2:19 PM

R171 this thread stinks of frau. The moralizing in this thread, JEEZ. Take a midol.

by Anonymousreply 330October 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Also leaves out TWO interventions in rapid succession and a collection of celebrities assembled for an emergency intervention. As someone on reddit noted, it can be difficult to get your ordinary regular friends together for dinner. This intervention was full of well known, often fully booked people who were able to be there on a single evening a wait around for him. Cause he was using some coke? Cause he was drinking? Cause he was cheating. I don't think any of that would have fazed that group of people. There was something hard core going on.

To piggyback on you, R326, not only cheats on his wife and gets the notorious side piece pregnant, but immediately tries ye old People magazine staged pap spin AND goes on the road trying to turn his current catastrophe into material. This train wreck is epic and cannot be overstated. It sure is the WWIII of show biz gossip.

by Anonymousreply 331October 14, 2021 2:42 PM

The above should say two rehab stints/one intervention. Points about the intervention still hold.

by Anonymousreply 332October 14, 2021 8:29 PM

Gossip is they have broke up.

by Anonymousreply 333October 23, 2021 2:46 AM

Who knows if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 23, 2021 2:49 AM

SORRY that is the wrong link above. It should be this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 23, 2021 3:02 AM

What a mess. Both of them. All of it.

by Anonymousreply 336October 23, 2021 3:38 AM

[quote]Gossip is they have broke up.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 337October 23, 2021 5:55 AM

John upgraded to an A List celeb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 24, 2021 6:15 AM

My guess? She faked the pregnancy (hello Beyonce belly) and he found out, and split. Most of that post is a disaster to read. I used to work in PR (which is why I'm good spotting PR poodles when they show up here) and that's not at all how we talk. The phrasing is tragic. What a fucking mess. That Deuxmoi account is about on the same level as Crazy Days and Lies, in the fun to read but never comes through, so, I will wait to see how this unfolds. That said, no fucking A list cleleb is going to want this disaster, please.

by Anonymousreply 339October 24, 2021 7:29 AM

R335 this story is another example of the single baby momma theory. I hope it isn't true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 24, 2021 8:45 AM

There can't be an A-list celebrity in the world who would date hot addicted mess John Mulaney while his tabloid fodder B-list celebrity side piece is still pregnant with his kid.

by Anonymousreply 341October 24, 2021 8:50 AM

My guess is once Mulaney ended his marriage the fun was over for Olivia. She's enormously pregnant with a dickhead for a baby daddy. The bloom is off the rose or whatever she thought he was. She was obviously a long term recurring side piece, thought he had some kind of cool cred clout and if the wife was slotted out and she was slotted in her status would be elevated. Instead he's an asshole and she's probably bored out of her mind.

by Anonymousreply 342October 24, 2021 8:59 PM

If they really have split, will Mulaney have to change the opening of his act in which he talks about how the whole world hates his baby?

by Anonymousreply 343October 24, 2021 9:55 PM

Mulaney is probably bored with her too. When side piece gets pregnant she is no longer the "cool chick". May as well have stayed with the wife.

by Anonymousreply 344October 24, 2021 10:37 PM

That "world hates my baby" opening is just a diversion to pretend he's the victim to unreasonble criticism. People only feel bad for the kid, it's his reckless fratboy behavior we're judging. And you're the guy who built that phony awkward-cute, loving husband image in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 345October 24, 2021 11:59 PM

The "everyone hates my baby" line is a tell for just how manipulative he is.

by Anonymousreply 346October 25, 2021 12:06 AM

Where is he getting this silly idea that everyone hates his unborn baby? Most people are enjoying the gossip and speculating about his career but I haven't heard a single comment expressing loathing for a fetus.

by Anonymousreply 347October 25, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote] I used to work in PR (which is why I'm good spotting PR poodles when they show up here) and that's not at all how we talk.

oh dear God. Are you serious? They rephrased it. They weren't going to use the person's words verbatim

by Anonymousreply 348October 25, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote]oh dear God. Are you serious?

One does not have to be smart to have a career in public relations.

by Anonymousreply 349October 25, 2021 2:16 AM

Anne Marie should feel vindicated. Munn and Mulaney went out of their way to embarrass her by announcing their relationship fresh off the divorce and now they both look fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 350October 25, 2021 3:17 AM

WTF? Seth Meyers has Munn as a guest this week. Also I saw Fallon is having Chrissy Teigen. Fuck these guys.

by Anonymousreply 351October 25, 2021 3:27 AM

I'd bet money on it that Seth meyers lent his 'writing apt" to John and Olivia to hook up in. His reputation would take a severe beating if that ever got out. That's why he's bent over backwards to help them

by Anonymousreply 352October 25, 2021 5:10 AM

There's some kind of a screwed up PR dance happening here and I'm trying to understand it. One of them wants to present like they are together. One of them doesn't. That's why you keep getting contradictory press releases that counter what was just said, every 2.5 weeks. Their 'teams' are definitely warring behind the scenes concerning the optics of this whole debacle.

Remember when in the middle of the summer they issued a statement from Olivia well *before* the pregnancy had been announced saying that she had 'reservations about John' blah blah.

Then like 3 weeks later it was all "We're having a baby and we're SOOOO happy."

Then the requisite staged pap shots of the two of them with wheelie suitcases in NYC. That old classic- of course!

And now we're getting the 'reservations' statement again.

Ugh. It's *amateur hour* with these two.

Who the hell are their reps?!

by Anonymousreply 353October 25, 2021 6:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354October 26, 2021 7:39 PM

R353, that's olivia trying to play the press

She'd be wise to just shut up. But she was the one who spilled it to the press in the first place. She's a dog who wanted to mark her territory

She also spilled it to the press that Anna went to rehab for an eating disorder, depression and self harm. The press worded it as if another person in rehab spilled the story, but it was olivia

That's such Angelina Jolie-ish behavior

by Anonymousreply 355October 26, 2021 8:59 PM

Dlisted article on it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Is it too late to get the fetus sucked out of her?

by Anonymousreply 357October 27, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]There Are Rumors That John Mulaney And Olivia Munn Have Already Broken Up

NOW he comes to his senses about her?

by Anonymousreply 358October 27, 2021 6:01 AM

I thought babies helped keep couples together.

by Anonymousreply 359October 27, 2021 6:03 AM

Short interview and Seth did not ask her about John. Boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360October 29, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote]Short interview and Seth did not ask her about John.

That speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 361October 29, 2021 6:02 PM

Michael K on DListed:

[quote]I guess one way to avoid the rumors that your cheating ho of a boyfriend passed his peen to another while you’re pregnant with his baby is to talk about how tall your child is going to be

by Anonymousreply 362October 30, 2021 2:07 AM

Sluts, all of them…even the placenta.

by Anonymousreply 363October 30, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote] Short interview and Seth did not ask her about John.

Why did Seth even have her on the show? There's is something else going on in the behind the scenes of this entire mess and Seth is involved in it up to his neck

by Anonymousreply 364October 31, 2021 4:12 PM

I almost think Seth is in love with John

by Anonymousreply 365October 31, 2021 8:32 PM

Trying to post a Vanity Fair article about them but keep getting an error message

by Anonymousreply 366October 31, 2021 8:37 PM

One of the oddest things about the John Mulaney–Olivia Munn tabloid cycle is that it’s happening at all. Not that the story of their relationship doesn’t merit it; it’s just that comedians rarely take up the space that our more traditional stars do. Maybe that’s changing as the comedian-actor divide dissolves, and more and more of the rarified actors date S.N.L. types. And maybe the fact that the comedian’s P.R. isn’t as buttoned-up makes for good fodder. The Mulaney–Munn story is getting told through the Peoples and the Us Weeklys of the world in part because Munn is one of those more traditional star-types, but also because it is fast-paced and changeable—like, now, sooner than one would have expected, there are breakup rumors.

In May, there was the divorce announcement and the publicly discussed rehab for Mulaney (plus, the devastating-in-its-simplicity divorce statement from his wife, Anna Marie Tendler: “I am heartbroken that John has decided to end our marriage. I wish him support and success as he continues his recovery.”) Munn and Mulaney were “linked” before becoming a confirmed couple, with tabloids explaining they re-met at church. Then the rumored baby and then, swiftly, the confirmed baby on Late Night With Seth Meyers. And now? As of Sunday, there is a rumor by some anonymous source that they’re breaking up. Or going to break up. Or, perhaps, that nobody knows what’s going to happen but they were never set up for success.

“This has been an imperfect relationship from the start,” a source told Us Weekly. Munn’s “inner circle” is “concerned,” per the rag, with the source adding, “Even though Olivia’s going to be a wonderful mother and has great support behind her, Olivia’s friends just don’t see these two being a couple in a year’s time.” They will “make great parents,” but “nobody knows yet if they’re going to do that together or apart.” (This was all pre-rumored in some new media, like a blind post on DeuxMoi before it was signal-boosted by a “sweaty, visibly ill man” on TikTok.)

And then, as soon as the rumors began, the rumors were counter-rumored. Entertainment Tonight reports that those reports were incorrect, and spoke with Munn in light of her new film Violet.

“Justine [Bateman, director of Violet] and I had a long conversation about [motherhood] the other day, honestly, I’m just excited about meeting whoever it is, and bringing a little person into this world,” she says. Though she didn’t mention Mulaney at all and it is a very generic quote, that is the headline now. Munn on motherhood. What’s next? Only time will tell. In short, round and round the rumor mill goes. Where it stops nobody knows.

by Anonymousreply 367October 31, 2021 8:40 PM

She looks like she’s going to drop that baby tomorrow…will be interesting if a) The DNA confirms John as the father and b) How they explain the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 368October 31, 2021 9:24 PM

Munn refuses to discuss their relationship timeline. How conveeeeenient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 17, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote]Olivia Munn Refuses To Talk About Her And John Mulaney’s Relationship Timeline

Wow. When has she ever refused to talk about anything?

by Anonymousreply 370November 17, 2021 4:55 AM

It'll probably be a black baby.

by Anonymousreply 371November 20, 2021 8:59 PM

Been awfully quiet, wonder if she has already had the baby and is keeping quiet because of the time line.

by Anonymousreply 372December 5, 2021 11:07 PM

So weird that she already looked pregnant back in June and yet somehow hasn't had the baby yet. Maybe she has and like others said, just kept it quiet. John was already claiming "everybody hates my baby" so maybe they got spooked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 6, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote]So weird that she already looked pregnant back in June and yet somehow hasn't had the baby yet.

Unless her "baby bump" was a throw pillow from Target.

by Anonymousreply 374December 6, 2021 6:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 6, 2021 8:25 PM

r375 She doesn't do anything that isn't calculated, lifting her shirt to show her belly.

by Anonymousreply 376December 7, 2021 4:47 AM

She gave birth BEFORE Thanksgiving. I called it! Me and everybody else I know...

by Anonymousreply 377December 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Link to the story in Page Six

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 17, 2021 8:53 PM

I think that's worthy of it's own thread, R378. If you don't create one you know several other people will.

by Anonymousreply 379December 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Thanks r379 here's a new thread. This one is glitchy for me when I use my iphone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 17, 2021 9:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!