Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Murdaugh, She Wrote

Continuation of the "Remember the Murdaugh Family...?" thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601September 17, 2021 10:38 PM

“By the kennel, with a shotgun and assault rifle, Alec and unknown assailant.”

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Tell me again why Paw would kill his family? Paul's death won't stop civil suits against Paw.

re Maw: Isn't a divorce easier than murder? He had the means to rebuild his estate after divorce

IMO there remains the possibility the Beach family took out Paul and Maw

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2021 7:30 PM

^ Simple, a divorce with Maw leads Maw's attorneys to investigate Paw's money, for purposes of an equitable property settlement. Paw had a real motive for killing Maw, and maybe Sonny got whacked because wrong place, wrong time. Paw had, in fact, the BEST motive for murder.

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2021 7:39 PM

^^ Interesting. This makes Maw his primary target, not Paul as originally speculated

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2021 7:42 PM

According to several posts in the last thread, she had already secretly hired a forensic accountant to investigate his finances.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2021 7:47 PM

^The gist is he would have killed her not simply to avoid having to split his wealth with her, but to prevent her and her attorneys from finding out the truth about his finances (esp. if he had embezzled 1 Million$$ from his law firm). Motive indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2021 7:49 PM

This is something I found suspicious:

Alex's brother Randy, truly the Forrest Gump of this whole drama, as he keeps popping up, made a point of saying to authorities that when he talked to Alex at the murder scene, Randy was outside with his dogs.

Why throw in that extraneous detail?

Unless you are worried that there is a call out there of you outside with dogs barking--in other words, what the murder scene would sound like.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Pa did it!!!

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2021 7:54 PM

[quote](esp. if he had embezzled 1 Million$$ from his law firm).

I'm hearing that it is MUCH more than that.

And if Maggie did hire a forensic accountant, that is your motive to kill her right there.

I wonder if Alex moaning, "Oh, Paaaaul" on the 911 call was because he was really shaken up that he had to kill his son, who had been an unexpected only witness.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2021 7:55 PM

That was sloppy of Alex to ditch the knife used to slash the tire at the crime scene. (But, then again, people high on Fentanyl don't always make the best decisions, like not to get high on Fentanyl).

So where did the gun go?

I still wonder if he called Randy to take it away after he'd already flung the knife into the woods.

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2021 8:08 PM

OP, I laughed my ass off

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2021 8:20 PM

On horse flies is

In comb bees is

On chest knob is

In knob keys is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2021 8:31 PM

I, too, believe Randy is involved in some way.

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2021 8:35 PM

Interesting how there is a new leak every day.

It's almost as if law enforcement is no longer scared of Alex's Murdaugh's power.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2021 8:44 PM

Where's the link to the previous thread, OP.? And the thread title is not helpful.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote]And the thread title is not helpful.

Oh, DO fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2021 8:50 PM

I thought the title was spot on. there are several threads going on this.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Previous thread, which was the best one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2021 8:55 PM

I think Connie Britton should play Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2021 8:57 PM

I thought the title was spot on.

R16, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2021 9:02 PM

Featuring Oscar the Grouch as meemaw’s coat.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2021 9:15 PM

R21 What do you think the kennels were for, darling?

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2021 9:35 PM

Anyone else now rethinking the odd coincidence that Alex's alibi died almost immediately after Maggie and Paul were killed?

Any other case, and I would roll my eyes at such an implication, but this one is different.

A man who can kill a son can kill a father.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2021 9:42 PM

[Quote] And they love their bird dogs.

What about their spirit dogs?

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Pawpaw was alibied as being at the hospital visiting his father at the time meemaw and Timmy were killed. Surely, LE wouldn't have gone on Sr's word and corroborated with hospital staff and checked security tapes.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2021 9:58 PM

Glenn Close as Papa and Meryl Streep as Mama. Or vice-versa.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2021 10:01 PM

Sorry I can't keep up but just to bring me up to speed: DLers believe Papa did it all - killed his wife&son and faked his shooting in the head. But no official charges against him yet?

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2021 10:23 PM

I’m loving the title and picture for the thread. This is now the official thread because snark is a must.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2021 10:30 PM

As we all know most addicts lose any semblance of humanity the deeper their addiction gets. its not inconceivable hes so deep into drugs he justified killing Ma and Ugly son to himself. Im thinking he paid someone else to do it and they either asked for more money or threatened him with blackmail. Boy,this story is the gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2021 10:45 PM

If the Murdaugh marriage was crumbling and Alex wanted to spend his stolen millions on a new wife and a new family... he had a huge motive to get rid of his uncooperative wife. And if he wanted to start with a new wife and a new family, he also needed to get rid of Ramsey Bolton there, that psychopathic little shit would run off a new wife or make sure that any new half-siblings "fell down the stairs"!

I can't believe this story is coming to a fantastically dramatic conclusion, it's been as entertaining as all hell! And one of the more entertaining things about it is seen Alex's peers and relatives throw him under the bus, casting him out is their only hope of maintaining their local oligarchy. If the oligarchy crumbles as it should, I don't suppose there's any chance of egalitarianism breaking out in rural South Carolina, some other asshole will probably step in and take over as the local warlord.

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2021 10:47 PM

I'm Buster taking BBC in the barn

and the garage

and the stables

and the skeet shooting storage shed

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2021 10:55 PM

I'm Mrs. Murdaugh in the dining room with a candlestick

trying to beat a large black man who I caught attempting to rape my young son Buster

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2021 10:58 PM

It's Mrs Maggie, you Yankee!

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2021 10:59 PM

I don't condone this LE talk.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2021 11:00 PM

All I know is...

Mister Buster, he stop me and

he offer me a nickel if I bust up this chifforobe

then he start taking off his clothes and moaning and acting strange...

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2021 11:03 PM

No one has been clear enough on the most important question. What is the connection between the Murdaugh family and La Senatrice?

South Carolina is a small state. SURELY they were in cahoots together.

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2021 11:14 PM

Oh I'm sure Alex knows Belle Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2021 11:21 PM

Holy crap, r12 - I TOTALLY remember that tune that the loony girl sang.

Wasn’t it the same as (or very close to) the theme song of NPR’s All Things Considered?

Every time it came on the radio I’d get a chuckle, but could never remember the exact ‘lyrics’.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2021 11:25 PM

Hmm .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2021 12:10 AM

"Miss Maggie"

"Peg" to country club fur friends.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2021 12:11 AM

I noticed to Daily Fail always refers to miss Maggie as “Margaret.”

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote] needed to get rid of Ramsey Bolton there

Made me spit out the Paloma I was drinking.

But then I had to raise a toast to R35.

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2021 1:25 AM

Connie Britten for Miz Maggie and the guy who played Ramsey Bolton for Paul, inspired casting. I can’t think of anyone good for Paw Murtaugh except a lit jack o’ lantern.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote]It's Mrs Maggie, you Yankee!

Southerners would call her "Miss Maggie" you Yankee-adjacent fool.

Unless they knew her from way back. Then, they would have a pet name that had nothing to do with her real name, like "shug."

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2021 3:02 AM

CDAN blind from earlier today:

"Blind Item #6

This cable channel sure can pick them. Apparently a major source of income from this now former cast member of a southern reality show was the money she received from the patriarch of this crime family which is going to have about twenty books and made for television movies about it in the next year or two. Although a current cast member definitely yachts, apparently she never hooked up with the guy for money. However, they did share a drug dealer and also got their prescriptions from the same doctors."

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2021 3:06 AM

R44, I’m guessing Miss Maggie was “Slim,” “Mags,” or “Sister” back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2021 3:24 AM

This picture of him is particularly creepy. He looks a bit like a bloated Ed Sheeran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Ain’t enough money in the world to fuck that bloated jack o lantern lookin muthafucka!

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2021 3:30 AM

Renee Zellweger, from Texas, could play Ma Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2021 3:32 AM

Being dead must be a relief for Maggie - sparing her looking at that red-headed doughboy beast climbing on top of her and pawing her lady parts.

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote]Being dead must be a relief for Maggie - sparing her looking at that red-headed doughboy beast climbing on top of her and pawing her lady parts.

Oh, honey . . . he stopped doing that years ago.

That's why Miss Maggie got her a forensic accountant.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2021 3:41 AM

So the remaining son now makes a mint off of all the insurance and story rights.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Gay son Buster needs to hook up with Oprah for a tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2021 4:27 AM

She birthed those homely gingers.

That’s enough reason to kill the missus.

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2021 4:36 AM

He really is a goblin. That Grandpa Munster smile and those dead black eyes.

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2021 4:40 AM

Dead black eyes you say? How about Jan from Drag Race to play Alex then?

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2021 4:43 AM

God, I'm so tired of posts like R29, which clearly delve into their OWN drug addictions and bringing up anything and everything about drugs based on one sentence of him checking into rehab.

Stop trying to give drugs a bad name - this was more than that!

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2021 4:47 AM

Apologies if this has been noted previously….

“Multiple sources familiar with the investigation into the Alex Murdaugh shooting have confirmed that the knife used to puncture a run-flat tire on his SUV has been recovered.

That knife has been linked to Alex Murdaugh.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2021 4:59 AM

What am I missing?

Why did Pa go into rehab after being released from the hospital, issuing a statement saying, “I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships”?

by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2021 5:06 AM

This thread title is SHIT because it doesn't reference the previous thread. Nor did OP provide a link.

Don't start threads if you don't know DL Traditions.

by Anonymousreply 60September 9, 2021 5:36 AM

^ Pa, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 61September 9, 2021 5:43 AM

R52, once restitution is made to the law firm's trust accounts, I am pretty sure we'll see Buster shambling down the beach highway, wearing nothing more than a barrel. There isn't going to be any piles of money anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 62September 9, 2021 12:52 PM

[quote]That knife has been linked to Alex Murdaugh.

Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 63September 9, 2021 1:28 PM

A ten year old could have planned this "attempted murder" better. And addiction is not an excuse, I've pulled some brilliant capers while under the influence.

by Anonymousreply 64September 9, 2021 2:17 PM

That "attempted murder" scene was so vaudeville! And stop blaming the goddamn pills. I sang to a sold-out Carnegie Hall on more pills than that Irish gargoyle has ever taken in a whole year! That's what STARS do!

by Anonymousreply 65September 9, 2021 2:36 PM

I'm sure Buster already has trust funds set-up for him, so the firm will probably file a claim against their O&D insurance, and the insurance company will go after Alex or his estate.

by Anonymousreply 66September 9, 2021 2:42 PM

Who is the former reality "star" that Alex was "Big [Ginger] Poppa" for?

by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2021 2:46 PM

Looks like his way more attractive brother, Randy was throwing him under the bus earlier today on the Daily Mail for stealing from the law firm. Was he in on it too? This just gets juicier and juicier.

by Anonymousreply 68September 9, 2021 4:08 PM

I think Randy is up to his eyeballs in Alex's shenanigans.

Randy called Stephen Smith's father to offer to work the case for free. He was also reportedly at the crime scene.

He was "with dogs outside" when Alex called about the murderers. Funny, that sounds like the murder scene.

He was the one Alex called when he was "shot" and the shotgun magically disappeared.

But he may not have known that Alex was stealing money from clients.

by Anonymousreply 69September 9, 2021 4:11 PM

HBO has announced that they are working on a docuseries about this.

Stupid Deadline reports Alex's story about being shot as if it really happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 9, 2021 4:13 PM

An article just published in the DM confirms earlier rumors that his insurance company told him they wouldn't cover any more civil liabilities after paying out half a million to the housekeeper's family. The article says he's facing up to $6 million in judgments from the civil suits over the boating accident and he will be on his own to pay it.

by Anonymousreply 71September 9, 2021 4:14 PM

I’m still not convinced that Alex and Randy aren’t part of a low lands pedo ring and have damaged all these boys including their own children. I feel like John Marvin isn’t part of it, but that both Randy and Alex fucked with him growing up.

by Anonymousreply 72September 9, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote]I’m still not convinced that Alex and Randy aren’t part of a low lands pedo ring

I heard from Q that there were silent partners at Comet Pizza. They were seen in a speeding van full of trafficked kids. Hillary Clinton was driving.

by Anonymousreply 73September 9, 2021 4:27 PM

I think those Black boys are behind all this. At least mixed up in it somehow.

by Anonymousreply 74September 9, 2021 4:28 PM

With the help of a sketch artist, Alex Murdaugh has released the image of the person who shot him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 9, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]I’m still not convinced that Alex and Randy aren’t part of a low lands pedo ring

To hell with you and your lazy virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 76September 9, 2021 4:33 PM

I heard Alex Murdaugh was at the Pizza Express in Woking when his wife and son were killed.

by Anonymousreply 77September 9, 2021 4:43 PM

Black boys fill me up.

by Anonymousreply 78September 9, 2021 4:58 PM

Deanna Durbin was Irish?

by Anonymousreply 79September 9, 2021 4:58 PM

Will Ferrell as Alex Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 80September 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Will Ferrell would be awful.

His "aren't I being amusing right now?" mugging is not what this story needs.

by Anonymousreply 81September 9, 2021 5:30 PM

I was fascinated by this case a few months ago when the story about the dead girl thrown from the boat started getting renewed attention. Then, the mother and one of the sons died and I got re-interested, but my attention waned soon after. Now, this thing with the father and my ears perked up, but I am just not as invested, oddly.

Burn them all with fire. Give their money to the families of the dead girl and gay boy, and be done with it. Let me know when the miniseries premieres. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 82September 9, 2021 5:40 PM

According to the just-released police report, Alex showed NO signs of injury before being airlifted to a hospital. That makes no sense.

The police report also states that he was no on drugs or alcohol. Being are taking this as conclusive proof, but they didn't test him. This just represents what he told them. And he is a liar.

Speaking of liars, it appears that Alex's attorney was lying about the wound to the head. He even got the hospital wrong. I would assume they were making up the airlift story, but the police report says they talked with Alex at the place the helicopter was coming.

by Anonymousreply 83September 9, 2021 5:43 PM

I expect the Beach's are fairly well off.

I would prefer the real estate go to Stephen Smith's mom, too.

by Anonymousreply 84September 9, 2021 5:44 PM

The money is ALL going to repay whatever Paw embezzled. If he was stealing in such a dangerous way, he doesn't HAVE any money of his own.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2021 5:45 PM

R85 The Beaches have put a cloud on Alex's real estate so he can't sell it before they get a judgment.

I would think the Beaches now come ahead of Alex's law firm or its clients in using those assets to pay any judgment unless Alex had pledged those assets in a hold harmless agreement to the firm previously, which I doubt.

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2021 5:50 PM

Maybe Drew Carey for Pa Murdaugh. Casting always skews young. (E.g., "Mom" is 7 years older than "kids.")

Matt Damon is now 50. I think he would bring some interest to the production.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2021 5:53 PM

The main case the Beaches have against Alex is he “knowingly” allowed his son to use his boat and did so knowing he was drunk and impaired, putting others at risk. I don’t think that’s going to be so easy to prove, especially since he wasn’t at the oyster roast to have seen first hand his state. The use of Buster’s license is a much stronger case with a long history and well known to all the boaters. Of course Buster doesn’t have much of his own wealth to be extracted.

by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2021 5:57 PM

Buster won’t get a dime from any books or movies about this story, unless someone wants to pay him a consulting fee to provide them with insider info. You don’t own your life story and unless they commit libel they can tell it and profit from it without owing you thing.

Kitty Kelley made a career of it.

by Anonymousreply 89September 9, 2021 5:58 PM

]quote]The Beaches have put a cloud on Alex's real estate so he can't sell it before they get a judgment.

If Alex was any kind of attorney at all, his personal property is all well-shielded from judgement, either with LLCs or irrevocable trusts. How would the Beaches put a "could" on any of Alex's assets when there has been no judgement?

by Anonymousreply 90September 9, 2021 6:00 PM

Buster is being sued with Alex Sr. by Mallory's family because he lent Paul his ID to buy the beer. The third defendant is the service station that sold the beer.

by Anonymousreply 91September 9, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]How would the Beaches put a "cloud" on any of Alex's assets when there has been no judgment?

They have filed a Lis pendens in court. Which clouds the title until judgment.

But, as someone up thread stated, I would be surprised if the real estate wasn't in either Maggie's name, a trust, or LLC.

by Anonymousreply 92September 9, 2021 6:05 PM

It seems like everything was in Maggie’s name, here’s the citation for Paul being pulled over and the car’s in mom’s name. It’s sad to hear him talk about his mom giving him the insurance card to put in the car, you know he was such a momma’s boy and she’d defend him until the bitter end, even, I guess, with her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 9, 2021 6:15 PM

Buster - Cameron Monaghan

Paul - Will Poulter

Maggie - Patricia Arquette

Alex - Jessie Tyler Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2021 6:26 PM

I want Paul and Buster to be played by good looking actors. Alex can be played by a foot for all I care. Oh, and the Stephen should have eyebrows. None of those off duty drag queen stereotypes, please.

by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2021 6:30 PM

^R90, I don't know what kind of "cloud" you might be referring to re the Beach family and the Murdaughs' property. You can't place a lis pendens on real estate unless you *actually* have a claim of right to title to the real estate, *not* merely a claim that the other party might owe you monetary damages at the end of a civil law suit. The Beaches have a claim against Timmy, not against Alex, so far as I am aware, although maybe they've gotten creative somehow in hopes of getting Paw's money. Attorney trust accounts are likely to have extra legal protections against theft, and in favor of restitution from those who steal from them (i.e. re priority of repayment of those funds when stolen), but I don't know what those laws are in South Carolina. A constructive trust is likely to be imposed on all of Paw Murdaugh's assets, pending the resolution of his law firm problems. If he stole multiple million$$ from those accounts, he is going to prison for a long time, unless he kills himself first, which is my guess re the likely outcome here. I am willing to bet that legally the repayment of stolen trust account $$ has priority over civil damages possibly payable to the Beaches or to the kid Stephen's family.

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2021 6:33 PM

The family makes that murder together apparently don’t stay together.

Pa murdered Ma. Straight son murders his crush. Gay son also murder a his son.

I bet the other adult brother was in on it and is now throwing the younger brother under the bus in order to protect his assets.

Disgusting family.

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] I want Paul and Buster to be played by good looking actors

Agreed. Ugly people for the sake of accuracy won't cut it for the movie or series. The Murdaughs aren't the Kennedys or the Bush family.

Tom-Glynn Carney is my choice for Paul, if it hasn't been suggested already.

Lucas Till (hair dyed red) could be Buster, even though he's a bit old for the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 9, 2021 6:53 PM

Murder-a? Did you become Italian all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2021 7:00 PM

Cast Eric Stoltz for the Daddy in the Sexy Version

by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2021 7:00 PM

Bernie Feldstein and brother Jonah Hill as Ma and Pa. I'm sure they could be made to be aged up fairly easy and if it sounds a bit incestuous -- let me tell you, worse things have happened in that family.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2021 7:01 PM

Yes, I would like them to give Paul/Timmy the Jude Law/Dickie Greenleaf treatment. No uggos need apply.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2021 7:02 PM

The parents need to be played by GenX actors. That’s the correct group.

Matt Damon for Paw. Winona Ryder in a blonde wig for Miss Maggie. Though Julia Roberts would be better.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2021 7:04 PM

To me, Will Poulter is very hot, but looks like such a prick, he'd be perfect for Paul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]According to the just-released police report, Alex showed NO signs of injury before being airlifted to a hospital. That makes no sense.

I was hit by a drunk driver. He claimed injury thinking he would avoid arrest if he went with me in the ambulance, leaving the cops at the scene.

He was surprised when the cops met him at the hospital and handcuffed him to the hospital bed.

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2021 7:06 PM

did you live?

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2021 7:12 PM

Anybody auditioning for Paul needs to do so in only boxer shorts and in a very cold room, Lucas Hedges did a play as a psychopathic brother and was supposed to be very good in it and has the natural coloring and gravitas to do well well in the role.

by Anonymousreply 107September 9, 2021 7:13 PM

For some reason, I can’t link to the article, but the sheriff’s office is now claiming that the “no visible injury” report was just a “computer error.”

by Anonymousreply 108September 9, 2021 7:14 PM

Lucas Hedges is plain. Paul/Timmy should be hot to death.

by Anonymousreply 109September 9, 2021 7:16 PM

Kathleen Turner -Meemaw Conan O'Brien - Pawpaw Kathy Griffin - Paul Carrot Top -Buster

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2021 7:21 PM

^^ Kathleen Turner for Maw? Have you seen pics of her lately?

She could have a cameo as the bloated corpse of Miss Beach floating in the water. That would work.

by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2021 7:33 PM

The question is where will script writers go with this story? Will it get the straight, dark, skeletons-in-the-closet, "Mare of Eastown" treatment, or will it get more of a campy dark comedy treatment, like "I Love You to Death" or the "Texas Cheerleader Murdering Mom"?

There'll probably be multiple movies; I say do both.

by Anonymousreply 112September 9, 2021 7:33 PM

R111 -- Brutal, but yet it's the peak Datalounge that I love.

by Anonymousreply 113September 9, 2021 7:35 PM

I see it as a Broadway musical, actors on roller skaters, dressed as speedboats and pickup trucks, zipping around the theater.

by Anonymousreply 114September 9, 2021 7:35 PM

I think the Van Sant To Die For angle would be a good take, or Cohen Brothers Blood Simple.

by Anonymousreply 115September 9, 2021 7:37 PM

But the big question is who will play investigative journalist podcast wannabe Mandy Mately, which actress has the severest level of vocal fry to pull off that role?

by Anonymousreply 116September 9, 2021 7:40 PM

Bill Skarsgard was born to play Bubba; I know he's too good-looking, but this is Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 117September 9, 2021 7:40 PM

Unfortunately, the definitive film can never be made because it would require Divine as Miss Maggie and Jerry Stiller as Alex with John Waters directing.

by Anonymousreply 118September 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Special appearance by Professor Hauptmann's Performing Dogs as the dogs in the kennel.

by Anonymousreply 119September 9, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]You can't place a lis pendens on real estate unless you *actually* have a claim of right to title to the real estate, *not* merely a claim that the other party might owe you monetary damages at the end of a civil law suit.

Lis Pendens is, literally, Latin for "suit pending." It is precisely for damages at the end of a civil lawsuit that is yet to finish.

[quote]The Beaches have a claim against Timmy, not against Alex, so far as I am aware,

You are wrong. They have a suit against Alex (for the boat), Buster (for the fake ID), and the store (for the beers they sold Paul).

[quote]Attorney trust accounts are likely to have extra legal protections against theft,

In this case, apparently not.

[quote]I don't know what those laws are in South Carolina

Yes, that much was pretty clear. Do regale us with more facts you pull out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 120September 9, 2021 7:58 PM

Lainie Kazan as the gas station owner who sells Paul beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 9, 2021 8:00 PM

I barely pay attention to these threads, but that title is funny. Well done, OP.

by Anonymousreply 122September 9, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote]I think the Van Sant To Die For angle would be a good take, or Cohen Brothers Blood Simple.

The problem is that you can't really make a farse or satire out of a story where a real mom and her son were brutally murdered. People know it's about real people and would probably not react well to those murders being made light of.

by Anonymousreply 123September 9, 2021 8:08 PM

Well now we know the plot for Mama Mia III: Just transfer it to a Greek Island and add some ABBA

by Anonymousreply 124September 9, 2021 8:17 PM

R120: "In an action affecting the title to real property the plaintiff (a) not more than twenty days before filing the complaint or at any time afterwards or (b) whenever a warrant of attachment under Sections 15-19-10 to 15-19-560 shall be issued or at any time afterwards or a defendant when he sets up an affirmative cause of action in his answer and demands substantive relief, at the time of filing his answer or at any time afterwards if such answer be intended to affect real estate, may file with the clerk of each county in which the property is situated a notice of the pendency of the action, containing the names of the parties, the object of the action and the description of the property in that county affected thereby. If the action be for the foreclosure of a mortgage such notice must be filed twenty days before judgment and must contain the date of the mortgage, the parties thereto and the time and place of recording such mortgage." -South Carolina Code of Laws, Title 15.

The first clause is the operative one, an action "affecting the title to real property". A law suit for civil damages is NOT an action affecting the title to real property. Pure and simple. A lien might arise, but virtue of law AFTER a judgment is entered in a civil case, but this case does not involve claims about the rightful ownership of Murdaugh property. I have had these things removed about 6 times in the past, they are a tortious slander against the owner's title.

by Anonymousreply 125September 9, 2021 8:33 PM

Lis Pendens for Mrs Maggie?

by Anonymousreply 126September 9, 2021 8:35 PM

^Not "but" above, but "by operation of law"

by Anonymousreply 127September 9, 2021 8:35 PM

I am so heartened to see people using meemaw and peepaw in this thread!!

by Anonymousreply 128September 9, 2021 9:13 PM

One death that seems to get overlooked: Alex’s father. He died a few days after the murders. Alex must have known that he was not long for the world, since he had visited him in the hospital, and also have known that, presumably, he was on the verge of inheriting the serious family money (along with his brother, of course). Alex’s wife would not have had a claim against that asset in a divorce. Of course, Alex could have been so far underwater given his theft from the law firm that wouldn’t have mattered. He’d ruined his life no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 129September 9, 2021 9:21 PM

I see occasional comments here and other places, like the DM, that imply that Grandpa's death may be suspicious, coming as it did 2 or 3 days after the double murder.

He had terminal, end-stage lung cancer, documented in the medical records and attested to by his doctors. The hospital released him to go home to die one or two days before his death. His death was expected and not suspicious.

I just hope Alex didn't swipe any of his father's meds when he got sent home. The painkillers they give for end-stage cancer are serious business.

by Anonymousreply 130September 9, 2021 9:33 PM

Meemaw is a role that Irene Dunne could've really sunk her dentures into.

by Anonymousreply 131September 9, 2021 9:45 PM

R130, I didn’t intend to imply that his death was suspicious, only that the fact that Alex apparently killed his wife and son when he was in the verge of inheriting more money seems surprising. Alex must have really painted himself into a corner; all the money he had embezzled must have been gone.

by Anonymousreply 132September 9, 2021 9:54 PM

Buster retweeted this. Is this a clue?

“ No. 11, Huh?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 9, 2021 10:04 PM

I apologize to you, r129 / r132. I don't think I had seen your post when I posted. I was thinking of something I saw in the DM this morning and a couple of Reddit posts I saw this afternoon, as well as earlier posts.

by Anonymousreply 134September 9, 2021 10:08 PM

[Quote]The hospital released him to go home to die one or two days before his death. His death was expected and not suspicious

If his death was expected, would there be an autopsy? My understanding, at least in California, is that if a person has a terminal condition verified by medical authorities no autopsy is required. Maybe Sr. was expected to linger longer under palliative care and Alex was panicked and needed to get his hands on the money faster? If an autopsy isn't required he could have offed his father thinking he would evade suspicion.

The thought he could have been stealing his father's pain meds is chilling. But in his addict's rationalizing mind he might have told himself that he was helping his father by sending him along to the hunting lodge in the sky and taking the unused pain meds.

I'm wondering if someone from the law firm may have confidentially or anonymously been leaking information to SLED since the time of Maggie and Paul's murders. The missing funds must have been noticed for a while. Imagine working at the firm and being privy to information that solidly implicates a partner in a multiple murder. And if you're an officer of the court, would withholding the information be illegal? It would be a moral dilemma for most of us, maybe for someone at the firm, too.

by Anonymousreply 135September 9, 2021 10:15 PM

The firm didn’t know anything was up until quite recently. If they had, the two brothers who are both partners there wouldn’t have gone on Good Morning America.

I’m not saying that they would have turned him in, but they certainly would not have done a national news interview on Alex’s behalf.

by Anonymousreply 136September 9, 2021 10:20 PM

Where's the gun Paw used to shoot himself?

by Anonymousreply 137September 9, 2021 10:23 PM

You make excellent points, r135. I know that in New York, at least in the 1980s, if the person had been under medical care and death was expected, no autopsy was required, even for an at home death. A properly signed death certificate by one of his previously attending physicians was all that was required.

Don't ask me how I know this. I'm still trying to forget the 1980s in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 138September 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Generally autopsies are not carried out on those who die of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 139September 9, 2021 10:29 PM

Or AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 140September 9, 2021 10:31 PM

Addict? Is there evidence to believe Alex is an addict - rather than rehab just being a stalling tactic?

by Anonymousreply 141September 9, 2021 10:47 PM

“To Die For” was based on real people. It was a fictionalized account but it was ripped from the headlines

by Anonymousreply 142September 9, 2021 10:49 PM

"It seems like everything was in Maggie’s name..."

Well, if anyone was looking for a primary motive for murder! A wife with everything in her name, a forensic accountant at her side, and revenge in her heart is too much to face even if you're a crooked lawyer with the judge in your pocket.

by Anonymousreply 143September 9, 2021 10:52 PM

Also on the list of red flags, multiple sources have told FITSNews that Alex Murdaugh left the scene of the shooting after calling 911 and was allegedly transported via car by an unknown individual to meet emergency medical service providers (and the waiting helicopter).

^ Fitsnews article relating all the discrepancies in the police incident report

by Anonymousreply 144September 9, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote]I sang to a sold-out Carnegie Hall on more pills than that Irish gargoyle has ever taken in a whole year! That's what STARS do!

"Mama, ish that you?"

"It's me, li'l Lisha, Mama!"

by Anonymousreply 145September 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Our Gang has made the Washington Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 9, 2021 11:12 PM

This reminds me of Boston Dr. Charles Stuart who claimed his pregnant wife was shot by a black assailant while they were in their car. Stuart even shot himself in the stomach to lend credence to his story.

His brother confessed to the police that Charles killed his wife for the insurance money, and when the authorities started closing in, Charles jumped off a bridge into the Mystic River.

Family will do you in, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 147September 9, 2021 11:14 PM

You could take a bullet and quickly rub it in one direction (like sharpening a knife) across your scalp again and again until it bleeds. You wouldn't need trace gun powder because you are stating they shot you from a distance. Then you give the bullet and gun to who ever picked him up and took him to the helicopter. You would probably need to remove it from it's shell casing first because it wouldn't graze your scalp with the casing intact.

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2021 11:14 PM

The story is all over national news media now, something I don't think they expected or prepared for.

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2021 11:16 PM

FYI Charles Stuart wasn’t a doctor, he was a salesman at a fur store.

by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2021 11:32 PM

Yeah, and R150?

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2021 11:33 PM

R144 Let alone everything else, the attempted diversionary tactic of the shooting is a colossal miscalculation on the part of Alex. What a pathetic act of desperation by someone whose world is crashing down on them from all sides with the force of an avalanche.

R147 Charles Stuart was no doctor. He was the general manager at a ritzy fur store in Boston as R150 mentions. Also, some people have speculated that his jump from the Tobin bridge was actually a shove. His wife was an Italian from Medford, MA.

Maybe Alex will meet the same fate?

by Anonymousreply 152September 9, 2021 11:36 PM

R150, a fur store? What a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 153September 9, 2021 11:36 PM

Nancy says cops have collected security camera tape from the church on the road where Alex shot himself. It's the only building on this quiet rural road.

If the cameras were working at the time we may see Alex's timeline and others involved in his charade as they drive by the church.

by Anonymousreply 154September 9, 2021 11:38 PM

How did his brother confess? The brother was part of the plan?

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2021 12:01 AM

How about Alan Kayer in the role of Alex?

by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2021 12:12 AM

Juicy R154

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2021 12:18 AM

R136 - Wouldn't it be the case that the firm reasonably and justifiably did not alert the brothers of Alex's embezzlement and that the brothers did the GMA interview on their own? Or that the firm didn't stand in their way in the face of a family tragedy? Or they were allowed because you can't say no to the founder's grandson...

How long does it take to discover and verify embezzlement in the eight figures? What would the process involve? There has to be some kind of very hushed investigative work, the dotting of Ps & Qs before accusing the founder's grandson of such treachery, especially since so much weirdness and suspicion surrounds the powerful family. It's not something thrown together and completed in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2021 12:19 AM

R158, the firm has a duty to protect its clients. They have to act promptly.

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2021 12:28 AM

I read somewhere that the alleged mistress had worked for PMPED. Is it possible she was some kind of admin, and helped him do the embezzling?

by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2021 12:38 AM

Did the embezzlement occur across years starting with smaller, not so noticeable amounts that escalated until noticed or some recent large sums? Maybe safeguards like audits weren't properly adhered to..

Sorry to be a pest, but it's mind-boggling that this even happened with a client escrow account. Yes, Michael Avenatti stole a quadraplegic's settlement money, but he was in a small two man operation, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 161September 10, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote]Alex Murdaugh left the scene of the shooting after calling 911 and was allegedly transported via car by an unknown individual to meet emergency medical service providers

I bet that is the person who got rid of the gun.

And that his name rhymes with Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 162September 10, 2021 12:48 AM

[Quote]Addict? Is there evidence to believe Alex is an addict

So far as I can tell, the only evidence so far as I can tell is PeePaw's (or PawPaw's?) extraordinary lack of judgment and intelligence (despite the JD) that accompanies an addict's downward slide. Granted, he might be the Prince Harry of his family: extraordinarily stupid with his degree bought for and image protected with family money.

by Anonymousreply 163September 10, 2021 1:00 AM

[Quote] So far as I can tell, the only evidence so far as I can tell

Have you started Friday drinkie poos early?

by Anonymousreply 164September 10, 2021 1:05 AM

^Sorry about shitty editing...

Neglected to add that if he really is an addict, it would have been picked up at the hospital -- if he actually went to a real hospital or rehab -- and treated accordingly for withdrawals. He has a temporary HIPAA shield, but not until records are subpoenaed.

by Anonymousreply 165September 10, 2021 1:07 AM

R164 - Caught me mid-apology! Not yet (sadly 😥). I'm pretty shitty at editing on my phone. Especially on public trans with a screaming infant aboard.

by Anonymousreply 166September 10, 2021 1:12 AM

R161, I saw this happen in a medium-sized firm. One partner came up with a kick-back scheme in which he collected billings from clients that he did not report to the rest of the firm. This worked for a while because he was having an affair with the head of the accounting department and she falsified billing records for him. Outside auditors did not catch it. The scheme exploded when the firm merged with a larger firm, one that had stronger internal controls. The partner went to prison. When he got out, he got a job teaching legal ethics . . .

by Anonymousreply 167September 10, 2021 1:13 AM

Nancy's gofer in the area reported that there are multiple mistresses/lovers in this story, but he needs to investigate further before he can confirm. .

He seemed to suggest both Maw and Paw were hitting it on the side.

by Anonymousreply 168September 10, 2021 1:22 AM

John C. Reilly is the most logical choice so far. It has to be a BIG guy, over 6ft tall....you know he used his size to intimidate people.

by Anonymousreply 169September 10, 2021 1:37 AM

Oh, I hope Maggie had some hot young studly lovers, that will add a nice element to the limited run series.

by Anonymousreply 170September 10, 2021 1:57 AM

Mistresses = love child.

by Anonymousreply 171September 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Alex Murdaugh having mistresses shows the power of a crisp $100 bill.

by Anonymousreply 172September 10, 2021 2:04 AM

Locals, look around and see if there are any wayward gingers who might be Alex’s love children.

by Anonymousreply 173September 10, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote] he justified killing Ma and Ugly son

Does your browser suffer from low resolution? ‘Ugly son’ would apply to both. In fact, I’d say Paul was marginally LESS ugly!

[quote]!Ramsey Bolton

lol! I’m stealing that.

[quote] Mister Buster, he stop me and he offer me a nickel if I bust up this chifforobe then he start taking off his clothes and moaning and acting strange...

When a thread quotes Game of Thrones AND To Kill a Mockingbird, you know it’s a DL classic!

[quote] He seemed to suggest both Maw and Paw were hitting it on the side

I’m betting Stephen, the nursing student, was in the mix somewhere.

[quote] Alex Murdaugh having mistresses shows the power of a crisp $100 bill

Rest assured: it took more than A $100 bill!

by Anonymousreply 174September 10, 2021 2:15 AM

What the fuck is a Ramsey Bolton?

by Anonymousreply 175September 10, 2021 2:18 AM

I think someone (r174) is drunk.

by Anonymousreply 176September 10, 2021 2:20 AM

We need more gay in this story.

by Anonymousreply 177September 10, 2021 2:21 AM

I do think the death of Grandpa Murdaugh was suspicious. Yes, I realized he was old and had a terminal illness. However, maybe Alex couldn't wait for nature to take its course. Not a strong suspicion, but with everything else that's happened, not completely out of left field.

by Anonymousreply 178September 10, 2021 2:36 AM

Agree R178, Paw Murder seems capable of helping his pawpaw to the grave.

by Anonymousreply 179September 10, 2021 2:39 AM

For ease of casting, just take the Weasley family from the Harry Potter franchise. Ugly redheads who are available for work.

by Anonymousreply 180September 10, 2021 2:48 AM

Let’s go shopping!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 10, 2021 2:50 AM

R181 OMG this can’t possibly be real can it? This is some elaborate joke right?

by Anonymousreply 182September 10, 2021 2:53 AM

R182, Apparently it’s real. The dead Beach girl had one too according to someone on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 183September 10, 2021 2:58 AM

Do you think he’s going to be selling Paul’s clothes on Psohmark?

by Anonymousreply 184September 10, 2021 3:00 AM

R181, holy shit! I’m gobsmacked. He’s been a “posher” since 2018.

I’m cracking up at the size 40 belt and all those XXL shirts.

by Anonymousreply 185September 10, 2021 3:01 AM

I had wealthy students selling clothes online.

Granny gift and...ugh...sell.

Some kicks businesspeople.

by Anonymousreply 186September 10, 2021 3:03 AM

It says he was active on the site 6 hours ago.

Poor Buster. I read a comment that he’s with family in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 187September 10, 2021 3:03 AM

I feel sympathetic towards Buster. He's the one that's possibly gay. No one has said anything negative about him. Could not have been easy growing up in that family. Maybe he does need to liquidate some items. Both parents are dead. How does he have access to money, etc.

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2021 3:04 AM

Wait a minute... "both parents are dead"???

Did Alex die and I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2021 3:07 AM

R188, I haven’t heard anything bad about him, either. He let his asshole brother use his ID, but he was probably afraid of him.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2021 3:07 AM

Sorry, R189, not both parents dead. One parent dead, the other somewhat incapacitated. Dad's in no position right now to be a solid presence for Buster.

Again, Sorry!

R188

by Anonymousreply 191September 10, 2021 3:08 AM

R187 R188, I’m with you both. I feel bad for the guy. Not bad enough to not post his poshmark link, but still, pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 192September 10, 2021 3:09 AM

That Buster is selling his old clothes on Poshmark is possibly the saddest part of all of this. I’m just speechless.

by Anonymousreply 193September 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Kids have been doing it for years. Even in Vance County in 2008.

Let Granny see you wear it a couple times.

by Anonymousreply 194September 10, 2021 3:30 AM

I don't think it's that big of a deal to be selling stuff on Poshmark. I would do it, but I have a capsule-type wardrobe right now.

by Anonymousreply 195September 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Yeah, I feel kinda sorry for Buster, even though he's probably just another spoiled rich douche in reality. But he's caught up in this mess, even though it seems that he's never done anything worse than loan this driver's license to his underaged brother. But here he's lost half his family to murder and his only remaining immediate relative to a web of crime and punishment, he's going to have to deal with shit he possibly can't be prepared for.

Immediate family gone, status gone, place in his local community changed forever, inheritance undoubtedly gone, and he doesn't even have the anonymity of a regular person to fall back on. Unless he's got enough of a trust fund to haul off for Brazil or the Cayman Islands, he's going to have to try to support himself while being infamous through no fault of his own.

by Anonymousreply 196September 10, 2021 3:43 AM

R194, not straight Southern ones. Seriously, why even go to the trouble for $15 bucks a shirt? I could understand some girl selling higher-end accessories that could actually bring in some cash but no one I known would bother for $10-$20 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 197September 10, 2021 3:43 AM

Dude, was in Vance for five years. Yes, they all sold clothes or hair or wtf ever.

And in every county since.

by Anonymousreply 198September 10, 2021 3:49 AM

How the fuck do you think I know where Epsom is?

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2021 3:50 AM

I don’t understand this Vance County thing. I don’t understand the connection and where is Epsom?

by Anonymousreply 200September 10, 2021 3:52 AM

Ha! Speaking of teaching in Vance. Some kid from then and there following my teacher twitter has on Onlyfans and dirty Twitter, wit good reason.

by Anonymousreply 201September 10, 2021 3:53 AM

TW, so fuck up. Own it. You already did.

by Anonymousreply 202September 10, 2021 3:54 AM

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

by Anonymousreply 203September 10, 2021 3:58 AM

'Tis true.

by Anonymousreply 204September 10, 2021 4:11 AM

[quote]...the dotting of Ps & Qs

Oh Dear, R158

by Anonymousreply 205September 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Buster is being sued by the Beach family because he lent his license to his brother before the accident. I guess he could always say Paul took it without his knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 206September 10, 2021 4:23 AM

So what became of all the millions Alex stole? The family lived like rich provincials but not billionaires, and he can't have been fool enough to spend it all on his mistresses. Is it all in a secret account in the Caymans, or has it all gone to blackmail payments?

Betcha fifty bucks that Randy turns out to have stolen from clients as well.

by Anonymousreply 207September 10, 2021 4:55 AM

I wouldn’t feel so sorry for Buster just yet. I know we all feel Alex killed the gay kid, but wasn’t Buster the one who was linked to him romantically? Buster knows something and isn’t fessing up.

by Anonymousreply 208September 10, 2021 10:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 10, 2021 10:36 AM

^ And the layer flatly denies that the injury was self inflicted.

by Anonymousreply 210September 10, 2021 10:40 AM

^ lawyer, not layer

by Anonymousreply 211September 10, 2021 10:43 AM

Man, I wish we could send my no-nonsense New England Yankee mother down there to straighten things out. She’d filet out all open and expose the truth in about two hours. Those lying lawyers and cops would be shamefaced and stammering apologies for their fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 212September 10, 2021 11:41 AM

R196 Worse yet, he has his father's face.

by Anonymousreply 213September 10, 2021 11:54 AM

OK, Grandpappy Murdough started the grift; Alex & Randy inherited and added to it.

Paul/Timmy fucked it all up dwarf tossing the maid and then motor boating his ex.

Immediate funds were needed from a wife who had her own accountant.

by Anonymousreply 214September 10, 2021 11:57 AM

R206 There are boater depositions already, I think Morgan, where they talk about Paul meeting up with Buster to get his driver’s license from him and Buster being mad that he needs to use his Passport to get into bars.

by Anonymousreply 215September 10, 2021 12:18 PM

Didn’t Randy IV offer his legal services to the family of Steven Smith when he was killed? Since one or both of the sons were rumored to be involved, was this an attempt to control/bury the case or was he already trying to oust Alex?

by Anonymousreply 216September 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Here's the Randy/Steven story:

"The files show that a Murdaugh family member, a personal injury lawyer, called the Smith family on the day Stephen Smith was found dead, offering to represent them at no charge. The family told police they thought the offer was “weird.”

It won't link correctly so check the story on 'The Island Packet'

by Anonymousreply 217September 10, 2021 2:16 PM

I call BS on Alexs attorney's claims about the nature of Alex's wounds from the shooting Entry and exit wounds?

Bullet entry and exit wounds to the head generally require surgery to remove bone fragments on the brain. This is what happened to my brother who was accidently hit in the head with a golf club.

One isn't released so quickly from hospital with these types of head wounds. Often a mesh has to be inserted to close the hole in the skull.

by Anonymousreply 218September 10, 2021 4:01 PM

It’s obvious Randy assumed the role of a fixer in the immediate aftermath of the death of Smith. Better a Murdaugh on the case pronto rather than a hostile lawyer who starts snooping around à la detective Columbo and starts opening up a can of worms.

There are so many angles to this whole story that it's hard to keep track of all the details.

by Anonymousreply 219September 10, 2021 6:34 PM

I hope the Smith family sues that podunk police department for all they are worth.

by Anonymousreply 220September 10, 2021 7:30 PM

Here's Mike's (That Chapter) update and re-cap of the Murdaugh events. I'm not done watching it, but thought others might want to check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 10, 2021 7:56 PM

Jesse Plemons to play Pa Murdaugh in the Lifetime movie

by Anonymousreply 222September 11, 2021 3:10 AM

Reddit has posted a photo of the Mercedes Benz and it looks like it was Miz Maggie’s car, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 223September 11, 2021 2:12 PM

R223 It sounds like a lot of their vehicles were from the law office, I assume they asked him to turn them in when he was terminated on that Friday.

by Anonymousreply 224September 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Where did the rumor come from that Maw had secretly hired a forensic accountant? That’s not really how that works, they aren’t private detectives. Forensic accountants need to obtain access to e.g. bank records to do their job; they are usually retained by law firms doing discovery. Accountants don’t have subpoena power.

by Anonymousreply 225September 11, 2021 2:25 PM

R225 Maggie may have hired a divorce attorney.

And subpoenas wouldn't be necessary to do preliminary work. Maggie could have given the forensic accountants copies of her and Alex's bank statements. And other documents she may have found rifling through Alex's drawers and briefcase.

by Anonymousreply 226September 11, 2021 2:28 PM

Nowhere does it say that Maggie "secretly" hired a forensic accountant. That was an extra bit of typical DL drama that was added-in along the way. I'm sure it was done in connection to the civil suits against the family, in an effort to determine what could be shielded from judgements.

by Anonymousreply 227September 11, 2021 2:56 PM

Nowhere does it say that Maggie "secretly" hired a forensic accountant. That was an extra bit of typical DL drama that was added-in along the way. I'm sure it was done in connection to the civil suits against the family, in an effort to determine what could be shielded from judgements.

by Anonymousreply 228September 11, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]I'm sure it was done in connection to the civil suits against the family, in an effort to determine what could be shielded from judgments.

That would call for just regular accountants.

To hire *forensic* accountants to look at Alex's finances meant that Maggie suspected illegal activities in her own family. It had nothing to do with the lawsuit against them.

by Anonymousreply 229September 11, 2021 3:31 PM

Maggie was going to be the whistleblower for PIMPED law firm and they all had her killed!

by Anonymousreply 230September 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Peg and lawyer bro were fucking!

by Anonymousreply 231September 11, 2021 3:58 PM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 232September 11, 2021 4:00 PM

Who is Peg? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 233September 11, 2021 4:15 PM

Peg = Margaret = Mrs Maggie

by Anonymousreply 234September 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Miss Maggie

by Anonymousreply 235September 11, 2021 4:18 PM

Clearly, Alex killed her for the car.

by Anonymousreply 236September 11, 2021 4:22 PM

Oh, thanks. Didn't realize Peg was a nickname for Margaret

by Anonymousreply 237September 11, 2021 4:23 PM

The pics of Buster in his tux, and in his camos with his homies must have been really old, because the pic where he's selling his used clothes and his size 40! belt shows he's more the size of Chrissy Metz. Why isn't there more intel on Buster? C'mon DL.

by Anonymousreply 238September 11, 2021 4:26 PM

[Quote] Miss Maggie

Commenters from her hometown referred to her as Mrs Maggie in their commiserations.

by Anonymousreply 239September 11, 2021 4:29 PM

Well, South Carolinians continue to confirm their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 240September 11, 2021 4:37 PM

The most telling thing about Buster is this belt he sold. It makes Aaron Schock's belts look butch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 11, 2021 5:00 PM

R241 One of you bitches is going to buy that, aren't you??

by Anonymousreply 242September 11, 2021 5:09 PM

Meet your "posher", Buster! He loves Lululemon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 11, 2021 5:10 PM

I don't like menz no more.

by Anonymousreply 244September 11, 2021 5:12 PM

I know the casting suggestions are annoying as fuck, and I know I don’t work in show biz, however, would those of you here on DL who do work in show biz, as in those of you in front of the cameras, those of you behind the cameras and those of you who put the whole thing together behind the scenes, please allow me to humbly offer a peon’s perspective?

This is a very, EXTRA special gem of a story. A once every decade or even quarter of a century doozie.

Hollywood, MUST lean into this with wild abandon because this production deserves an out of this world finished product. One that is as insane and as unbelievable, absolutely impossible but true, full production that competes with the real story that is a rarest of rare gem.

Ok.

Casting for Pa Alex and Ma Maggie?

🥺…

Alec Baldwin as Pa.

Kim Bassinger as Ma.

Insane Icing on the cake? Justin Bieber as Paul/Timmy.

Whaddya’ll think? Can those two (Alec and Kim) be in the same room and make this happen?

HBO has to be THE ONE who packs this puppy up and delivers the goods to us all. No Apple or some Ryan bullshit. Sorry Ryan. You need a 15 minute smoke/snack break, as required by law - because your shit’s a tad tired, Mr. Murphy. No hate. Just true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 11, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]I know the casting suggestions are annoying as fuck

So you offer casting suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 246September 11, 2021 5:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 11, 2021 5:20 PM

Well, it would finally give Alec the chance to let go and eat to his heart’s content, not all that healthy newagey shit Hilaria makes him eat

by Anonymousreply 248September 11, 2021 5:28 PM

Alec and Kim would rehearse with live ammunition.

by Anonymousreply 249September 11, 2021 5:30 PM

Who the fuck would want to be called "Buster"?

It's such an awful name. It sounds like a spoiled brat from the 1920s.

Even if it were a family name, I would go by something else.

by Anonymousreply 250September 11, 2021 5:32 PM

Alec eats and drinks what he likes. He's the breadwinner and his stomach tells the tale.

by Anonymousreply 251September 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Even fat, Alec Baldwin is not unattractive enough to play Alex Murdaugh. Ditto Kim/Mrs Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 252September 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Baldwin is WAY too good-looking for Alex, even by Hollywood standards. And they look nothing alike.

And Connie Britton is a much better match for looks/age than Kim Bassinger.

by Anonymousreply 253September 11, 2021 5:33 PM

R236, my idea’s brilliant, and I RARELY stick my nose in behind the scenes Hollywood shit except for the occasional star sighting or some 90s or 00s HW party or event I attended, in which I usually say something nice unless I had a horrible experience and say otherwise.

I gossip and talk shit with the rest of em here which means jack shit and is worthless AF.

But Alec and Kim would be perfect casting and would do this inevitable production justice x 1,000,000.00, as it’s as FUCKING TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND UNBELIEVABLE AF, just like the REAL story and the REAL Murdaughs.

I’d pay for a fucking HBO subscription for that one. Any HBO holdout would. Zip it up with Justin Bieber? You’ve just secured the all demographics bag, as soon as you cast some REAL decent and deserving acting talent for the black hunting posse Buster Murdaugb runs with. He loves BBC, he’s a southern down low gayling who is probably the one behind Stephen smith’s murder and come to think of it, perhaps Bieber should play him, because there’s WAY more behind Buster than we are being told and meets the eye.

For certain Buster is no innocent choir boy here and is being protected. He’s not psycho Paul/Timmy level fucked up, but he IS fucked up according to MANY locals and it hasn’t anything to do with him being a closeted gayling who has every right to love his own posse BBC.

This story is juicer than any BBC ever. Let’s do it some mother fucking southern justice… Hollywood style.

R246. Love u and fuck off. 🖕🏽

by Anonymousreply 254September 11, 2021 5:38 PM

Also, apologies to R236, as my comment @ R254 was for R246, not you..

by Anonymousreply 255September 11, 2021 5:42 PM

I’d rather see present day partners Jesse Plemons and Kristen Dunst in the roles. They maybe on the young side, but I’m hoping there’s lots of back story told as well and they can be aged up as it goes.

by Anonymousreply 256September 11, 2021 5:49 PM

I like the Connie Britton suggestion

by Anonymousreply 257September 11, 2021 5:55 PM

R252, R253, of course Baldwin is WAAAY TOO good looking to play Pa Murdaugh, but that’s not what HW casting is all about, as Alec did this role justice every fucking Saturday night…

And Kim is his ex with an infamous and tabloid worthy and covered acrimonious divorce from Alex. She also comes with legit HW noms and/or awards in her laundry basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 11, 2021 5:57 PM

Brett Butler could use a job.

by Anonymousreply 259September 11, 2021 5:59 PM

R259 As Grandpappy’s wife with dementia?

by Anonymousreply 260September 11, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]Brett Butler could use a job.

She could have a cameo as Mallory Beach, bloated and knocked against a pier for a week.

by Anonymousreply 261September 11, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]my idea’s brilliant

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 262September 11, 2021 6:05 PM

Oh, yeah because Mrs Maggie was SO attractive...

by Anonymousreply 263September 11, 2021 6:06 PM

Catherine Keener for Maggie. She has the ruddy skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 264September 11, 2021 6:16 PM

Meemaw - Marlorie Main / Pawpaw - Danny Trejo / Buster - Billy Laughlin / Paul - Robert Blake

by Anonymousreply 265September 11, 2021 6:17 PM

Keener is too Irish. Mrs Maggie looked Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 266September 11, 2021 6:31 PM

They should just bail on filming the third season of Outerbanks and coop all that prep and locations for the limited run series. They can even use the cast as the boating victims and the black guy can be one of Buster’s hunting “friends.” It’s all filmed in that area already because though set in North Carolina they had the chutzpah to not film there because of the Trans bathroom crap.

by Anonymousreply 267September 11, 2021 6:31 PM

Miss...

by Anonymousreply 268September 11, 2021 6:32 PM

For the musical:

Alison Jiear as Maggie

Ben Platt as Timmay

Jonah Hill as Alex

Andy Richter as Buster

by Anonymousreply 269September 11, 2021 6:57 PM

Ben Platt is 30 years old!

by Anonymousreply 270September 11, 2021 6:58 PM

And he's currently playing 17.

What's your point? You know he dies in the second act, right?

by Anonymousreply 271September 11, 2021 7:11 PM

Let's not cast no moh!

We have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 272September 11, 2021 7:43 PM

If no one sees Ben Platt play 17...

by Anonymousreply 273September 11, 2021 7:55 PM

LOL at Buster's closet. The irony is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 274September 11, 2021 7:58 PM

Maggie would perform the power ballad

"Lurv Under The Combine Lights"

In which she dreams she had to elope with her childhood short bus friend Boweavil and avoid psychotic ginger semen.

by Anonymousreply 275September 11, 2021 8:01 PM

I wonder if Buster has taken up needlepoint, r241. I imagine he could use a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 276September 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Bring on the mistresses and lovers on the side for spice.

Lorraine Bracco for Alex's ballsy, bourbon-swigging whore.

by Anonymousreply 277September 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Is Gary Clayton too old for Stephen Smith? I think he could pull it off better than Ben Platt as Paul.

by Anonymousreply 278September 11, 2021 8:20 PM

I am forcing Ben Platt to be cast as teenagers for the remainder of his acting career.

by Anonymousreply 279September 11, 2021 8:35 PM

The bit about a forensic accountant came from Nancy Grace, so make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 280September 11, 2021 8:42 PM

[Quote] I am forcing Ben Platt to be cast as teenagers for the remainder of his acting career.

As long as those projects are for the Disney Channel or the Nickelodeon Channel, I have no objections. Out of my sight, Ben!

by Anonymousreply 281September 11, 2021 8:46 PM

R267

I was thinking this whole ordeal is like a darker spin off of Outer Banks.

by Anonymousreply 282September 12, 2021 6:10 AM

[quote] Jonah Hill as Alex Andy Richter as Buster

Richter is too old to play Jonah's son. It should be the other way around. And Alec Baldwin is too good-looking to play Paw Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 283September 12, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote]Alec Baldwin is too good-looking to play Paw Murdaugh.

You obviously haven't seen any recent photos of Alec. Maybe he could play the ghost of the dead grandpaw.

by Anonymousreply 284September 12, 2021 7:17 AM

Has anyone figured out who was the “Good Samaritan “ that drove Alex away from the accident before the police arrived to the helicopter that transported him to the hospital? Rumors on FB is that he was a good friend of his and might be the source of the “knife linked to Alex”.

by Anonymousreply 285September 12, 2021 12:20 PM

Dean Norris as Alec Murdaugh

Melissa McCarthy as Maggie Murdaugh

Jesse Plemmons as Buster

Fred Hechinger (he played Quinn in The White Lotus) as Paul Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 286September 12, 2021 1:08 PM

^^ Except for Dean Norris, that's one homely cast. Even though Jesse Plemons fits the part of Buster, he looks (and is) too old.

There has to be a hot young factor or two.

by Anonymousreply 287September 12, 2021 2:28 PM

[Quote] There has to be a hot young factor or two.

Yes, there should be a transformation/weight loss scene for Buster post murders. "There's always a silver lining" etc.

by Anonymousreply 288September 12, 2021 2:37 PM

None of the family is hot. This should be a comedy-drama.

by Anonymousreply 289September 12, 2021 2:40 PM

In this timeline of the Murdaugh's, it lists that on June 22 "SLED confirms they found something while investigating the deaths of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh that led them to reopen the Stephen Smith case."

I wonder what they found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 12, 2021 3:43 PM

Miss Maggie should be played by a trans woman of both color and size.

by Anonymousreply 291September 12, 2021 3:47 PM

R290 They may have discovered evidence about Stephen Smith when they searched Paul's apartment.

Although someone had already been there to, probably, remove evidence.

Others are speculating that the evidence was found on Maggie's phone. I doubt that she would have evidence of that on her phone, but who knows.

Maybe they found the baseball bat when dredging the swamp behind the hunting lodge.

by Anonymousreply 292September 12, 2021 4:00 PM

I'm anxiously waiting for the day when this thing blows open.

Everything is constantly being smothered under a cloak of secrecy, skullduggery and subterfuge. It's like the "Lost" TV series where every time something was revealed, a whole new set of unanswered questions arose.

by Anonymousreply 293September 12, 2021 4:13 PM

Here's the latest about the Stephen Smith murder.

This interview by the police officer (or Highway Patrol) was not included in the first written investigation. The Murdaugh name is mentioned several times in this piece, including Buster's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 13, 2021 1:33 AM

Those Stephen Smith tapes make something very clear: Randy Murdaugh has his fingerprints all over everything.

He volunteered to rep the Smiths, no doubt to steer the case away from his nephews.

Then he got someone to call LE to report that someone had hit Stephen with a vehicle, to conform to the coverup story.

Randy is also popping up in the Paul/Maggie shootings and the Alex "Oops, I Shot Myself!" incident.

His hands are very dirty.

by Anonymousreply 295September 13, 2021 3:29 PM

R295 I agree, but don’t rule out John Marvin or Buster as the Keyser Soze of the family.

by Anonymousreply 296September 13, 2021 3:35 PM

Has Randy had his hand in the cookie jar as well?

by Anonymousreply 297September 13, 2021 3:38 PM

At this point, what doesn't Randy have his hand in?

by Anonymousreply 298September 13, 2021 4:26 PM

Looking at the pics in today's Daily Mail, it looks as if Buster has lost some weight.

No wonder he was unloading those size-40 needlepointed belts.

by Anonymousreply 299September 13, 2021 4:47 PM

Link R299?

by Anonymousreply 300September 13, 2021 11:31 PM

Just Google it. It's a new article. Buster in an oversize white t-shirt on the deck of a beach house.

by Anonymousreply 301September 14, 2021 12:01 AM

Jesus, dude "Murdock and Daily Mail."

by Anonymousreply 302September 14, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] Those Stephen Smith tapes make something very clear: Randy Murdaugh has his fingerprints all over everything.

That's interesting. I read somewhere (but I can't find it now so if this is not accurate, mea culpa) that on the day of Maggie and Paul's murders, there's a recording of Randy speaking to someone and there are lots of dogs barking in the background. Maggie and Paul were both murdered near the dog kennels and Randy's excuse was he was not in the vicinity.

by Anonymousreply 303September 14, 2021 12:14 AM

SLED or FBI can use his phone's GPS to locate where Randy was, but do they have enough for a warrant?

by Anonymousreply 304September 14, 2021 6:09 AM

John Marvin looks shattered. Plus he's giving me young Larry Gatlin vibes. This needs to be staged as a Greek tragedy with the Gatlin Brothers as the chorus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 14, 2021 6:46 AM

My partner is one of three brothers and around the same age as the Murdaughs. I can’t imagine them covering for each other a la Randy.

by Anonymousreply 306September 14, 2021 10:54 AM

^ Sounds like an entry in the Do You Like Your Siblings thread

by Anonymousreply 307September 14, 2021 11:00 AM

R306 Some siblings like each other. Some are in-between. And some hate each other. You can't extrapolate from your anecdotal knowledge of 1 group of siblings.

by Anonymousreply 308September 14, 2021 11:04 AM

No one is trying to extrapolate anything, you freak. It was just an observation. Randy’s behavior is beyond the pale. But maybe that sort of behavior is normal to you.

by Anonymousreply 309September 14, 2021 11:08 AM

They have a huge amount of money intertwined. There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 310September 14, 2021 11:11 AM

It’s not so much covering up for the brother or nephew but to save the family name and reputation. They became too powerful and reckless plus the young son, Paul, was a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 311September 14, 2021 11:14 AM

R309 It sure sounded like that you were extrapolating your anecdotal experience onto Paul and Buster. What else were you doing? When you really don't know anything about the interpersonal dynamics in that particular family?

by Anonymousreply 312September 14, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote]No one is trying to extrapolate anything, you freak.

Some of you are so touchy.

by Anonymousreply 313September 14, 2021 1:55 PM

AM NOT!! 😭

by Anonymousreply 314September 14, 2021 2:11 PM

Does anyone know just how long some rich lawyer can hang out in rehab, hoping all of his problems disappear?

by Anonymousreply 315September 14, 2021 2:59 PM

R315 There is no verification that Alex *really* is in rehab. He's probably at a five-star hotel spending his client's money on room service.

by Anonymousreply 316September 14, 2021 3:07 PM

Randy reminds me of Irish porn performer Cathal McCarron. Well, a thirty years on version.

by Anonymousreply 317September 14, 2021 4:07 PM

R136 Hey don’t knock it, that is rehab for some of us!

by Anonymousreply 318September 14, 2021 4:28 PM

"My partner is one of three brothers and around the same age as the Murdaughs. I can’t imagine them covering for each other a la Randy."

Your partner and his brothers aren't part of an oligarchy, are they?

The Murdaughs have been in sort of "family business" where they're joined in corrupting the local political and legal system for their own benefit, but that doesn't make them like each other. Randy has been throwing Alex under the bus now that things are crumbing, hoping that his own crimes won't come to light. Betcha he stole just as much as Alex, if not more.

by Anonymousreply 319September 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Something's still rotten about this.

State authorities arrest man in connection with Alex Murdaugh shooting.

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - State authorities have announced the arrest of a man in connection with the shooting of Alex Murdaugh.

Agents with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Tuesday arrested Curtis Edward Smith, 61, who was charged with assisted suicide, assault and battery of a high aggravated nature, pointing and presenting a firearm, insurance fraud, and conspiracy to commit insurance fraud.

“Additional charges in the case are expected and will be announced at the appropriate time,” SLED officials said. “Smith has also been charged with distribution of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.”

The SLED investigation was requested by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office. Smith was booked at the Colleton County Detention Center. The case will be prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 15, 2021 3:15 AM

Long list of charges but not one of attempted murder yet one of assisting suicide? Something's rotten in the state Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 321September 15, 2021 3:19 AM

Alex has admitted to taking out a $10 million insurance policy and hiring this guy to shoot him. Alex provided the gun which this guy disposed of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 15, 2021 3:26 AM

Ted Levine as Curtis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 15, 2021 3:27 AM

He hired someone to kill him? Who was the beneficiary of this latest insurance policy?

Well, good luck trying to buy any kind of insurance in the future, Alex. Oh wait, you don’t need insurance when you’re in prison, right?

by Anonymousreply 324September 15, 2021 3:40 AM

This case is the DL gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 325September 15, 2021 4:06 AM

These latest developments are odd. They make Alex Murdaugh look like an utter fool. Whereas we've heard little about discoveries concerning the murders of Paul/Timmy and Mrs Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 326September 15, 2021 4:11 AM

R322 Buster is the beneficiary.

by Anonymousreply 327September 15, 2021 4:31 AM

That was for R324, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 328September 15, 2021 4:32 AM

If this was a normal family, Buster would be going, "WTF?", but in this family, its just another day to be selling needlepoint belts and hanging at the beach. He's probably going to actually have to get a job, since no insurance money, and property will be sold to settle claims.

by Anonymousreply 329September 15, 2021 4:39 AM

I hope Buster becomes an Infomercial Queen.

by Anonymousreply 330September 15, 2021 4:44 AM

Buster for new gay icon!

by Anonymousreply 331September 15, 2021 4:44 AM

This man is named Smith? And what is his relation to Stephen Smith?

by Anonymousreply 332September 15, 2021 4:45 AM

Buster really does look like he's lost a lot of weight in those latest pics from the beach house.

by Anonymousreply 333September 15, 2021 4:46 AM

So why the heck couldn't the guy kill Alex given a free rein to do so? So weird.

by Anonymousreply 334September 15, 2021 4:47 AM

Why would Alex hire someone to kill him, unless he was feeling guilty about killing his wife and Timmy/Paul. Alex is a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 335September 15, 2021 4:52 AM

I'd like to hear Buster's voice as he was saying, "I'm not interested in answering y'alls questions." I'll bet he sounds like a total hick dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 336September 15, 2021 4:52 AM

So in another revelation earlier today from a Mandy article is the housekeeper’s family, two sons, have yet to see any of the $500,000.00 of insurance money that was settled by Alex for the trip and fall accident that killed her. It said she worked for 25 years as the Murdaugh’s housekeeper and nanny to the boys, yet there were stretches of time that she and her family were homeless and living in a motel despite the Murdaughs owning multiple homes. And that is was supposedly the dogs that had tripped her and caused her fall- isn’t that convenient!

by Anonymousreply 337September 15, 2021 5:07 AM

Arrest made. Alex is in deep shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338September 15, 2021 5:10 AM

Every actor/actress is gonna be fighting for these movie roles.....You couldn't come up with a more ubsurd storyline

by Anonymousreply 339September 15, 2021 5:13 AM

If that woman worked for 25 years in the same job and was sometimes homeless, that's on her.

by Anonymousreply 340September 15, 2021 5:13 AM

I'll always have Poshmark.

by Anonymousreply 341September 15, 2021 5:21 AM

NEWSFLASH = No insurance company is going to just pay out a Ten Million Dollar insurance policy.....This IDIOT deserves prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342September 15, 2021 5:27 AM

How much did Poppa collect in Insurance after Momma got killed?

by Anonymousreply 343September 15, 2021 5:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 15, 2021 5:35 AM

Buster was set to inherit a whole pile of insurance money. Buster better start prepping for a possible Bail Hearing. Daddy is the least of his worries.

by Anonymousreply 345September 15, 2021 5:40 AM

I think Alex is trying to make himself look as stupid as possible so that no one would believe that he was smart enough to plan and execute the murders of his wife and son.

by Anonymousreply 346September 15, 2021 5:42 AM

With the weight loss, maybe Buster can get a job as a professional Prince Harry impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 347September 15, 2021 5:43 AM

Can anyone find a pic of Murdaugh's home? I can find one of his father's place, and the hunting lodge, but not one that the family lived in.

by Anonymousreply 348September 15, 2021 5:43 AM

Alex must be guilty in the murder in of his wife and son. He probably hired Smith to kill them too.

by Anonymousreply 349September 15, 2021 6:15 AM

How can the guy be charged with assisted suicide when the "victim" is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 350September 15, 2021 6:17 AM

[quote]According to Murdaugh's account a truck passed him then circled back outside St John Baptist church on Old Salkehatchie Road [bold]next to where he was parked up.[/bold]

"Parked up," that's a Low Countryism I haven't heard in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 351September 15, 2021 7:14 AM

If he wanted to die, why did he call the police afterwards? Did he have a change of heart? And, why didn’t the guy shoot him? Did he miss?

by Anonymousreply 352September 15, 2021 7:34 AM

Apparently, the guy was supposed to kill him with a head shot but only managed to barely graze him. Moral: if you simply MUST hire somebody to kill you, maybe don't choose a geriatric drug addict for the job.

by Anonymousreply 353September 15, 2021 9:25 AM

THIS is truly the greatest story ever told.

by Anonymousreply 354September 15, 2021 9:44 AM

Which network will have dibs on making the Murdaugh series first? I bet Hulu since Disney bought it.

by Anonymousreply 355September 15, 2021 9:48 AM

New Buster could get it!

by Anonymousreply 356September 15, 2021 9:57 AM

This guy is a bumbling idiot. How in the hell was he a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 357September 15, 2021 10:06 AM

I am excited to see Ryan Murphy cover this on American Crime Story. Watching Darren Criss in the fat body suit playing the misunderstood Buster should be riveting. And of course it will give Darren the chance to talk about his imaginary "heterosexuality" again. And of course Judith Light will play the dead mother Evan Peters will play the dead brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 15, 2021 10:10 AM

Baby Sinclair could play Alex Murdaugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 15, 2021 10:28 AM

May I suggest for your consideration...

Lucille Ball as Mrs. Maggie Murdaugh

and here's the brilliant part...we make it a musical!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 15, 2021 10:31 AM

Look at that little shit in those Daily Mail photos. Twenty-five years old, looking and acting like he's about 17. Totally unconcerned, not a care in the world, empty-headed piece of shit. He's headed towards the edge of a cliff at 80 mph, and seems to have no idea where he's headed. If that beach house belongs to Alex, Buster won't be going back there, come next summer...

by Anonymousreply 361September 15, 2021 10:43 AM

Only one living director could possibly do this story justice. JOHN WATERS.

by Anonymousreply 362September 15, 2021 10:46 AM

I'm betting Alex hired Mr. Creepy to kill Maw, and Paul was killed too because wrong place, wrong time. Alex knows he's done for. Case closed, basically.

by Anonymousreply 363September 15, 2021 10:51 AM

Alex should get the death penalty for this, and in South Carolina, it's a distinct possibility.

by Anonymousreply 364September 15, 2021 10:53 AM

From Twitter

The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following a “trip and fall” incident at the Murdaugh's home — say they have received no money from the $500K settlement they reached with Alex Murdaugh in 2018

Fit News only lets you view so many articles & I've reached my limit or I would have posted it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 15, 2021 11:00 AM

^I wonder if the insurance company has any legal wiggle-room to welch on the payment now, and contend that the whole family has been revealed to be so shady and crazy that the accident should now be re-investigated as a murder, by Paul...

by Anonymousreply 366September 15, 2021 11:04 AM

Can you imagine the scene where Alec is telling the old meth addict how to kill him and the old man is fumbling with the gun because he's either high or his brain is too fried.

by Anonymousreply 367September 15, 2021 11:14 AM

They celebrated the maids 500,000 by purchasing their beach house and hunting lodge....in her memory. Some of the greediest people I have ever met are the richest people I have ever met.

by Anonymousreply 368September 15, 2021 11:23 AM

If they haven't collected on the judgement, it may mean the ruling is being appealed - in which case the money's supposed to be held in escrow.

I still say Dead Paw started the embezzlement and Alex/Randy continued it.

by Anonymousreply 369September 15, 2021 11:58 AM

So the shooter is the “Good Samaritan “ who drove Alex to the helicopter landing site so he could be whisked away to the hospital before talking to the police?

And that lawyer statement: [quote] For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids. During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head. Fortunately, Alex was not killed by the gunshot wound. Alex is fully cooperating with SLED in their investigations into his shooting, opioid use and the search to find the person or people responsible for the murder of his wife and son. Alex is not without fault but he is just one of many whose life has been devastated by opioid addiction.

Boo fucking hoo

by Anonymousreply 370September 15, 2021 12:03 PM

In France, other opioid addicts would throw rocks at him.

by Anonymousreply 371September 15, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] How can the guy be charged with assisted suicide when the "victim" is still alive?

Maybe attempted assisted suicide? If it’s a crime, he can still be charged with an attempt. Like “attempted murder” or “attempted robbery”.

If there’s a conspiracy in place, with an intended victim, I think it’s a valid charge. But I’m not a lawyer, so.

by Anonymousreply 372September 15, 2021 12:33 PM

So, we can blame the Sackler family for all of this?

by Anonymousreply 373September 15, 2021 1:12 PM

Buster definitely has had a bit of a “glow up” relative to when he was selling his size 40 pants and belts on Poshmark. It’s just a shame that his hot girl summer comes at a moment when his entire life is in such complete shambles.

by Anonymousreply 374September 15, 2021 1:13 PM

The charges against Creepy Smith are pretty comprehensive. It sounds to me like the prosecutors are hoping to inspire him to come forward and try to make a very generous deal for his cooperation, esp with regard to what he may know about the fates of Maw and Sonny Boy. But since it would reasonably be inferred that it was very likely Creepy himself who did the actual killing (at Paw's instigation), I'm not sure how lenient they could be with Smith in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 375September 15, 2021 1:33 PM

R373, there will CERTAINLY be ample room in this epic tragi-comedy for ALL of the Sacklers to have roles in the story.

by Anonymousreply 376September 15, 2021 1:36 PM

Alec suicidal because, yes, he wanted Maw Maggie out of the way, and had hired Creepy to kill her, but nowAlec feels guilty beyond life itself because Creepy was forced to kill Sonny Boy too ( when Sonny happened to be there and see what was going on). The irony is perfect, Alec brought about the death of his own son by hiring a meth addict to kill the boy's mother.

by Anonymousreply 377September 15, 2021 1:41 PM

I was assuming he wanted to die because of all the money he stole from the firm and knew he was going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 378September 15, 2021 1:57 PM

They said it could have been 2 people who killed Paul and his mother because one was shot with a shotgun, the other with a rifle. It was execution style but they also said it was overkill, like the shooter was enraged. It could have been someone Alec paid but who hated Paul, the psycho arrogant kid.

by Anonymousreply 379September 15, 2021 2:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 15, 2021 2:05 PM

I wonder how Alec got addicted to opioids. Any talk of old injuries?

by Anonymousreply 381September 15, 2021 2:05 PM

Yeah, the lawyers “know”:

[quote] Harpootlian also claims that he and Griffin are pursuing leads and have gathered information that may implicate a suspect in the June killings of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh. The attorney says that he and Griffin have zeroed in on 'an individual or individuals we believe - may - have some culpability' or had carried out the murder. 'We think we'll know this week whether the one suspect we're looking at bears further scrutiny and we'll make that information available to law enforcement,' Harpootlian says.

So, the police haven’t figured it out yet but the lawyers have and they’re prepared to throw someone else under the bus to get sympathy for their client.

by Anonymousreply 382September 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Nobody has spent millions on pills. He’s lying. The pills started loooong ago. He probably started with anxiety meds like Valium and Xanax. Easy to get for a lawyer. Like so many other Americans, his habit built through the 00’s-now. Painkillers help with stress as well. America was over prescribed pills 1990’s onward. But at zero time did he spend millions on pills. No matter HOW bad his connection.

by Anonymousreply 383September 15, 2021 2:49 PM

They are saying Alex has been addicted to opioids for 20 years. How can that be possible, at some point it must wear and damage some systems of the body and be fatal or at least catastrophic to your life. And how does one function in your life as a high end lawyer for that long without fucking up to the point of exposure?

by Anonymousreply 384September 15, 2021 2:49 PM

^^ aHe may have imagined himself a high-end lawyer at some point, but most recently he's just been an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer. ^^

by Anonymousreply 385September 15, 2021 2:57 PM

I still don’t understand why he didn’t die? Why did he have Smith drive him to the helicopter port, as opposed to just telling Smith to shoot him again? Did they run out of bullets?

by Anonymousreply 386September 15, 2021 3:02 PM

If he's looking for the real killer he should check golf courses

by Anonymousreply 387September 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Smith probably started to sob and begged Alex not to make him do it.

by Anonymousreply 388September 15, 2021 3:05 PM

It doesn’t take millions of dollars to live the life of a heroin addict, even if you are doing it for decades. That’s just insane. His lawyers are spinning quite a yarn.

by Anonymousreply 389September 15, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote]f he's looking for the real killer he should check golf courses

We agree!

by Anonymousreply 390September 15, 2021 3:06 PM

Maybe there's room for OJ in the inevitable movie, too. He can play himself!!

by Anonymousreply 391September 15, 2021 3:51 PM

R391, maybe OJ Simpson could play the role of City Confidential narrator Paul Winfield, introducing the story and stepping in at key moments to remind viewers of a key fact or to shed some insight (and barely contained contempt for these inept but entertaining Low country crackers.)

Winfield's marvelous voice and tone could have a role of its own in this one

by Anonymousreply 392September 15, 2021 4:05 PM

OJ can drive Alec to the hospital. He'll have to go REAL fast.

by Anonymousreply 393September 15, 2021 4:12 PM

If only they made bulletproof fur coats.

by Anonymousreply 394September 15, 2021 4:15 PM

Like an onion ! This delicious story has layer upon layer ,each more shocking than the last.

by Anonymousreply 395September 15, 2021 4:17 PM

It's hard to comprehend the personal hell Alex has engineered for himself. This story is far from reaching its conclusion and this guy is the black hole of it all.

by Anonymousreply 396September 15, 2021 4:18 PM

R386, half of the county probably feared and hated this family, yet Alex is the one who wound up destroying it. It's incredible.

by Anonymousreply 397September 15, 2021 4:25 PM

I don't believe Alex would re-hire Mrs. Maggie's killer. The person(s) who killed Paul and Mrs Maggie would not have taken part in Alex's latest mess.

by Anonymousreply 398September 15, 2021 4:27 PM

Two murders at the lodge, two different weapons. Who was shot first? Presumably Paul, went out to see what the ruckus was. One weapon was owned by the family. Was it the shot gun? Seems logical for a hunting lodge. Killer shoots Paul with the automatic and then picks up Paul’s shot gun to shoot Ma?

Maybe it had nothing to do with the dogs barking in the kennel.

by Anonymousreply 399September 15, 2021 4:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 15, 2021 4:49 PM

Search the cabins for the REAL murderers.

by Anonymousreply 401September 15, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] If they haven't collected on the judgement, it may mean the ruling is being appealed - in which case the money's supposed to be held in escrow.

It's a settlement, i.e., something that both parties agreed upon. I don't think it's being appealed.

by Anonymousreply 402September 15, 2021 5:21 PM

Smith (suicide assister) looks old for 61! Wow!

by Anonymousreply 403September 15, 2021 5:28 PM

If Alex hired Smith to kill him it would follow that he also hired Smith to kill Paul and Maw but this story is so convoluted anything goes. Even Randy could have killed them, or Buster.

by Anonymousreply 404September 15, 2021 6:29 PM

Then why did Smith succeed with Paul and Maggie and fail with Alex? At the very least Smith knew to get the hell out of there after killing Timmy and Peg, but this time he decided to stay around and be indentified as a "Good Samaritan"?

by Anonymousreply 405September 15, 2021 6:35 PM

What if Paul shot mama and then someone else shot him?

by Anonymousreply 406September 15, 2021 7:12 PM

Bwahahahaha! This has The Coen Brother written all over it. I hope THEY do the series and that hack Ryan Murphy stays gagged in his sex dungeon!

by Anonymousreply 407September 15, 2021 7:27 PM

Gunshot residue on his hands? I think that would’ve leaked by now.

by Anonymousreply 408September 15, 2021 7:28 PM

Ok, to keep it in the family, Randy did it. He did it when he knew Alex had an alibi. Motive: Ma hiring the forensic accountant, was going to reveal Alex’s embezzlement before the firm could cover it up. Paul is just an all-around liability.

by Anonymousreply 409September 15, 2021 7:37 PM

Then why didn't Randy also take out Alex?

by Anonymousreply 410September 15, 2021 7:38 PM

I don't think Alex shot either Paul or Maggie...he wouldn't have had the guts.

by Anonymousreply 411September 15, 2021 8:30 PM

That lawsuit makes Alex seem very, very shady.

by Anonymousreply 412September 15, 2021 9:22 PM

The fact that Alex has gone on record as being someone who would stage a murder for financial reasons doesn't exactly make him look innocent of the killings of his wife and son.

by Anonymousreply 413September 15, 2021 9:23 PM

But one was bungled and one... wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 414September 15, 2021 9:25 PM

There is no motive, so far, for Alex to have murdered either his wife or son.

by Anonymousreply 415September 15, 2021 9:54 PM

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Give me all the money.

by Anonymousreply 416September 15, 2021 9:58 PM

HIPPA is Murdaugh's friend because his legal reps can spread any and all sorts of disinformation because any medical facility cannot give ANY medical information unless under warrant or subpoena. It could come out later in court proceedings. Right now, his lawyers are portraying him as a victim because no one else is allowed their information because he's in a "medical facility." Fuck us all...

by Anonymousreply 417September 15, 2021 10:14 PM

The police have the shooter, so the police can release info. We don't need his medical records.

by Anonymousreply 418September 15, 2021 10:29 PM

The police are going to say as little as possible until someone is arrested for the murders of Maw and Sonny Boy.

by Anonymousreply 419September 15, 2021 10:36 PM

What r410? And kill his own brother? What kind of animal do you think he is? The little problem of Alex’s embezzlement can be covered up. The family comes first. After all, he’s a Murtaugh.

by Anonymousreply 420September 15, 2021 10:39 PM

Another suspicious death:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 15, 2021 10:42 PM

R421 Didn’t you know, the dogs did that one.

by Anonymousreply 422September 15, 2021 11:01 PM

MY GAWD!!!! This just keeps getting BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 423September 15, 2021 11:01 PM

[quote]There is no motive, so far, for Alex to have murdered either his wife or son.

Maggie had hired a forensic accountant. That would be VERY threatening to someone embezzling millions of dollars.

I suspect that Paul wasn't supposed to be there and was collateral damage. Which is why Alex says on the 911 call while the operator is talking something to the effect "Paul why did you get involved?"

by Anonymousreply 424September 15, 2021 11:05 PM

This family should have been given a reality show before all this happened.

by Anonymousreply 425September 15, 2021 11:05 PM

Buster could be Honey Bus Bus.

by Anonymousreply 426September 15, 2021 11:07 PM

Or Honey Butt-Butt

by Anonymousreply 427September 15, 2021 11:09 PM

Bussy-ter.

by Anonymousreply 428September 15, 2021 11:12 PM

R424, Agree completely. BUT if Paw's attorney is for real about the murder case, maybe they do know who did it and what a motive might have been. I know lawyers love publicity, and they love bullshitting in the public eye, but I think most lawyers would be savvy enough to know that it's not going to help their public reputation to be spinning some big whoppers here about this situation. Alec is in BIG trouble, whether he had Maggie and Sonny killed or not. He is RUINED. He is going to prison, he is almost certainly destitute now, and he is going to lose everything he has. If Buster inherited anything substantial by virtue of Maggie's death, it seems highly likely that those assets will be lost by him, in connection with the Beachs's wrongful death case. These people are functionally destitute, not the types that any high-profile lawyer is going to be showboating on behalf of.

by Anonymousreply 429September 15, 2021 11:13 PM

Honestly, who DIDN'T want this family dead? There must be SO MANY suspects in that county.

by Anonymousreply 430September 15, 2021 11:16 PM

I don’t understand the NBC report about the housekeeper’s death lawsuit. Are they saying the suit was settled and Alex kept the money?

What on earth did he do with the millions he embezzled? They weren’t living that high on the hog. Was he gambling?

by Anonymousreply 431September 15, 2021 11:25 PM

BREAKING!!!!!

Big Daddy Nurse ugh admits to hiring hit man to off him to 10 mill insurance policy intended for surviving son!

by Anonymousreply 432September 15, 2021 11:47 PM

"There is no motive, so far, for Alex to have murdered either his wife or son."

On one of these threads someone said that all the family property was in Maggie's name, and she was allegedly thinking divorce and had hired a "forensic accountant". That's a huge motive for murder.

As to hiring the old methhead to kill him? Bull! Evil bastards like Alex don't kill themselves, they kill the people they blame for their problems! So I wonder if he was planning to kill the old methhead to stage a disappearance, like leave an appropriately-sized corpse in a burning car and take off to wherever all those stole millions are. And that's yet another big unanswered question, where ARE the stolen mllions? The family wasn't living that high, opiate pills don't cost that much, and neither do good-quality mistresses. Blackmail? Secret run-away-and-start-a-new-life fund?

by Anonymousreply 433September 15, 2021 11:51 PM

On the bright side, Buster won’t have to spend a lot of money on Christmas gifts this year.

by Anonymousreply 434September 15, 2021 11:58 PM

He should buy some Christmas shoes, for when he meets Jesus (since he might be next on Daddy's hot list)

by Anonymousreply 435September 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Buster now has movie rights and trusts and insurance and who knows what the hell.

Folly Beach house and upstate downtown condo? Greenville? Ugh. Rock Hill/Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 436September 16, 2021 12:10 AM

Maybe Buster could feature in the next John Waters movie.

by Anonymousreply 437September 16, 2021 12:12 AM

Buster needs to hire a bodyguard, to protect himself from himself.

I don’t believe he didn’t have a hand in any of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 438September 16, 2021 12:13 AM

Anderson Cooper will be discussing the case in 2 minutes

by Anonymousreply 439September 16, 2021 12:43 AM

Will he be giggling R439?

by Anonymousreply 440September 16, 2021 12:45 AM

I hope Buster's bow ties belt gets some screen time.

by Anonymousreply 441September 16, 2021 12:46 AM

Arrest warrant has been issued for Alex. He's to turn himself in tomorrow. Late update from the Island Packet.

by Anonymousreply 442September 16, 2021 12:54 AM

It's late here and I'm tipsy but what is Alex being arrested for, exactly? Failed Attempt at Contract Murder? I'm serious, what is the crime they are charging him with? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 443September 16, 2021 12:55 AM

R443, lying to the police is a crime.

by Anonymousreply 444September 16, 2021 12:57 AM

Holy shit. Paw is so damned stupid. He didn't realize there was a 2 yr suicide clause on life insurance policies

What in the hell kind of lawyer doesn't know that?

by Anonymousreply 445September 16, 2021 12:59 AM

R445 He was trying to stage it as a murder.

by Anonymousreply 446September 16, 2021 1:00 AM

Oh, it's conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. What's that, a few months in Club Fed? lmao

by Anonymousreply 447September 16, 2021 1:00 AM

R446 Anderson Cooper said he had to try to stage it as a murder because he didn't realize there was a 2 yr clause on life insurance policies

by Anonymousreply 448September 16, 2021 1:01 AM

I just know that Tot Mom is involved, and I’m the dame to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 449September 16, 2021 1:03 AM

He will blame the entire scheme on his addiction and get a slap on the wrist, if that.

Well, back to the better mystery: who killed Ma and Paul?

by Anonymousreply 450September 16, 2021 1:03 AM

I'm thinking that one of them (Alex or the hitman) must have got cold feet when it came to actually doing the act, and they must have panicked. If Alex hadn't been 'rescued' despite not being seriously injured, nobody would have known about this.

by Anonymousreply 451September 16, 2021 1:04 AM

Is there no end to this sad, sorry saga?

by Anonymousreply 452September 16, 2021 1:04 AM

He also hasn't yet been charged with embezzling funds from his law firm, although the law firm has referred the matter to the police and the prosecutor.

Nancy Grace is the sole source of the rumor that Miss Maggie had hired a forensic accountant.

by Anonymousreply 453September 16, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote]Is there no end to this sad, sorry saga?

I hope not, this is better than TV or anything that I've seen at the movies in years!

by Anonymousreply 454September 16, 2021 1:07 AM

Who knew we would all know FITS News and Island Packet as our pipeline to drama before this summer?

by Anonymousreply 455September 16, 2021 1:08 AM

They weren’t on my bingo card R455.

by Anonymousreply 456September 16, 2021 1:08 AM

You can't trust a ginger!

by Anonymousreply 457September 16, 2021 1:09 AM

Don't forget us, r454!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458September 16, 2021 1:10 AM

[Quote] Holy shit. Paw is so damned stupid. He didn't realize there was a 2 yr suicide clause on life insurance policies What in the hell kind of lawyer doesn't know that?

I think Alex cooked this shit up, never intending to die, nor for Buster to collect.

by Anonymousreply 459September 16, 2021 1:10 AM

I take that back about the suicide clause, but he's still a stupid, shitty lawyer. I bet he screwed up a lot of cases and that's what got him in money trouble

Paw was under the impression his policy had that clause so he hired crackhead curtis to kill him. His policy didn't have it. This still makes him a really shitty lawyer, who should have known this. Or just read his policy.

>>>>>His attorney, Richard Harpootlian, told NBC's "TODAY" show on Wednesday that his client was trying to get off opioids he was taking to get over the death of his son and wife when he became depressed. Believing his insurance policy had a suicide clause, Murdaugh enlisted a man to kill him during a "fake car breakdown," according to the attorney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 16, 2021 1:13 AM

I cannot WAIT to see the botched suicide attempt on the big screen. It must have been awkward as fuck, like the "divine intervention" scene from Pulp Fiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461September 16, 2021 1:24 AM

"I just know that Tot Mom is involved, and I’m the dame to prove it."

From Tot Mom to Twat Dad

by Anonymousreply 462September 16, 2021 1:34 AM

R432 do try to stay up with the rest of us…that was news two days ago.

by Anonymousreply 463September 16, 2021 1:38 AM

As crazy as this story is I wouldn't be surprised if Gabby Petito turns up engaged to Buster.

by Anonymousreply 464September 16, 2021 1:44 AM

Buster and Gabby should adapt that train dog.

by Anonymousreply 465September 16, 2021 1:45 AM

Mandy from FITS is staying focused. No time to fuss with CNN.

She will break this case wide open.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466September 16, 2021 1:58 AM

Translation: They wouldn't pay me.

by Anonymousreply 467September 16, 2021 2:00 AM

Stop harassing Sandy Smith, y’all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 16, 2021 2:05 AM

You people!?

by Anonymousreply 469September 16, 2021 2:06 AM

If a screenwriter submitted this story, it would be dismissed as "too histrionic" "Not believable" "too many characters".

by Anonymousreply 470September 16, 2021 2:11 AM

Which is why it has to be a miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 471September 16, 2021 2:13 AM

Some of the folks on Mandy’s Twitter feed are whack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472September 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Oxy pills are harder and harder for dealers to come by. Doctors won't prescribe them anymore. Subsequently, they cost, in LA, $40-45 PER PILL.

And, in that area of South Carolina, they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Trust me on this. It is not inconceivable that he kept a network of well compensated doctors/dealers. You can be sure they're all shitting bricks right about now. After a time, opioids rewire your brain, and it becomes a biological imperative to get them. Like water or food. And you do things you would never dream in a million years you would do.

by Anonymousreply 473September 16, 2021 2:18 AM

Those people are joking about the Smith name.

by Anonymousreply 474September 16, 2021 2:20 AM

Aw, bless your heart R474

by Anonymousreply 475September 16, 2021 2:23 AM

Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking…

by Anonymousreply 476September 16, 2021 2:42 AM

After the pure political and pandemic hell we’ve endured, this circus of ginger freaks is the restorative tonic we need.

by Anonymousreply 477September 16, 2021 3:05 AM

What are the odds Alex'll "cheat justice" tonight rather than turn himself in tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 478September 16, 2021 3:06 AM

Every time you think a country of Kartrashians, Trumps, and the like will have to stop looking down on the South, the South outdoes them in trashiness and moral degeneracy.

by Anonymousreply 479September 16, 2021 3:24 AM

R497 The South has had more years to perfect the degeneracy, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 480September 16, 2021 3:28 AM

What would Poirot have done with this gang?

by Anonymousreply 481September 16, 2021 3:35 AM

I think it's more of a case for Miss Marple than Poirot, R481. Nobody there would want someone like Poirot digging all the skeletons out of the local closets, but some old pal could have invited Miss Marple to come and stay in rural South Carolina for months, people are always inviting her to stay for months, and do her knitting and hang out with the local "gentry", and cluck over those awful wild kids and Miss Maggie's tasteless furs. And then...

by Anonymousreply 482September 16, 2021 4:11 AM

R479, you just don’t have a good memory. Brooke Astor, doyenne of NYC and the last of the Great Ladies died, lying on an urine-soaked sofa in the back room of a a mansion, for which her son served prison time.

There are far, far more scandalous society stories than this.

by Anonymousreply 483September 16, 2021 5:52 AM

[quote] What if Paul shot mama and then someone else shot him?

They both reached for the guns. . .

by Anonymousreply 484September 16, 2021 7:29 AM

R483, your memories of Brooke Astor fail you. She did suffer from severe elder abuse from her son Anthony and his wife as he looted her estate. But Anthony's son and other close friends realized what was going on and sued to have Anthony's guardianship removed. Annette de la Renta (Oscar's wife) was made her guardian and JP Morgan put in charge of her finances. Brooke spent some time at Lenox Hill Hospital and was then moved to her Hudson Valley estate where she she was well cared for until her death. And, as you said, Anthony went to jail. There's a good account of what went on in Brooke's WP article and it was shameless and cruel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485September 16, 2021 8:04 AM

So which is it?

Alex Murdaugh had a 20-year opioid addiction? He became addicted to cope with the loss of his wife and son, which happened three months ago?

by Anonymousreply 486September 16, 2021 12:11 PM

In my day we handled these little scandals so much better.

by Anonymousreply 487September 16, 2021 12:35 PM

[quote]Richard Harpootlian, told NBC's "TODAY" show on Wednesday that his client was trying to get off opioids

Nothing is a better metaphor for America than how Alex got off opioids vs. how his dealer did.

Alex was allowed to stroll into a cushy rehab facility (supposedly) and take his sweet time to get off the pills before he could turn himself into the police at his leisure because he is rich.

His dealer, on the other hand, was arrested immediately and thrown in jail. At his hearing, he was throwing up because he is going through withdrawal.

None of that messy inconvenience for Alex.

by Anonymousreply 488September 16, 2021 1:36 PM

But Smith, the dealer, had been a high powered lawyer himself until sometime recently I thought?

by Anonymousreply 489September 16, 2021 2:06 PM

Alex and his attorneys are very stereotypical lawyers: you can tell they're lying if their lips move.

by Anonymousreply 490September 16, 2021 2:07 PM

We're famous in Brazil, too, bitches!

Beijos e tchau!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491September 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Matt Harris is the source re the forensic accountant:

[Quote]Reporter Matt Harris, morning show host on WLNK and host of the podcast “The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence,” made the stunning announcement on “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.”

[Quote]That is the word I got from a pretty reliable source,” Harris said. “Maggie hired a forensic accountant.”

by Anonymousreply 492September 16, 2021 4:21 PM

Why is Nancy Grace coming out of retirement? She's very unpleasant, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 493September 16, 2021 4:45 PM

I’m late to the thread today.

Has anyone else been shot or killed overnight?

by Anonymousreply 494September 16, 2021 4:47 PM

And this mess could really do without unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 495September 16, 2021 4:48 PM

How does someone manage a 20 year opioid addiction without ODing? Keeps a supply of Naltrexone (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 496September 16, 2021 5:05 PM

What happened with the housekeeper?

by Anonymousreply 497September 16, 2021 5:07 PM

A trip and fall accident R497.

I warned her about untied shoelaces.

by Anonymousreply 498September 16, 2021 5:10 PM

The posters on WS are saying that on that 911 tape the night of the murders you can hear AM say in anguish " Oh Paul! Why did you have to get involved?" I haven't listened to it yet, so idk but if that is true it makes him look very guilty.

by Anonymousreply 499September 16, 2021 5:27 PM

Alex's mug shot. Notice the total lack of head wound. He's lost a ton of weight too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500September 16, 2021 5:38 PM

Any more dead bodies popping up? It’s like the Whack-A-Mole of accidental deaths.

by Anonymousreply 501September 16, 2021 5:39 PM

Yeah, the idea that his assailant shot poorly and then lost his nerve is not believable.

by Anonymousreply 502September 16, 2021 5:41 PM

*his accomplice

by Anonymousreply 503September 16, 2021 5:41 PM

R499 It is difficult to hear what Alex is saying on that call because the banshee 911 operator keeps talking over him.

But I can hear him moaning about "Paul" & "involved."

It makes me wonder if he went to kill Maggie, not expecting Paul to be there, and had to kill Paul because he was then a witness.

by Anonymousreply 504September 16, 2021 5:41 PM

That mugshot is the best looking picture I've seen from this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 505September 16, 2021 5:42 PM

Oh no, Sylvia, the ginger hair is gone!

by Anonymousreply 506September 16, 2021 5:43 PM

Where's the GoFundMe?

by Anonymousreply 507September 16, 2021 5:44 PM

Where does he get off listing his hair color as “blonde or strawberry,” honey that’s gray hair and for a very obvious reason all the shit you’ve been pulling. Strawberry, that ridiculous, even for the south.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508September 16, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]Nobody there would want someone like Poirot digging all the skeletons out of the local closets, but some old pal could have invited Miss Marple to come and stay in rural South Carolina for months

I think it's more a job for Vera.

by Anonymousreply 509September 16, 2021 5:46 PM

During the 911 call, after he is asked for the address the operator asks Alex if it’s a house or a mobile home.

He replies, “It’s a HOUSE!”

How dare she imply otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 510September 16, 2021 5:52 PM

Mandy can’t be bothered with CNN because she’s too involved in Executive Producing the new CW show “Mandy Matney: Lowlands Websleuth (TM) News Director” starring Olivia Rodrigo and the cast of Outer Banks.

by Anonymousreply 511September 16, 2021 5:54 PM

Supposedly on the September 4 phone call to the 911 operator they asks Alex if the Mercedes Benz is owned or leased and he screams back “Owned of course!!!”

by Anonymousreply 512September 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Or R504, maybe he hired someone to off Maggie thinking Paul wouldn’t be home.

by Anonymousreply 513September 16, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] Where does he get off listing his hair color as “blonde or strawberry,” honey that’s gray hair and for a very obvious reason all the shit you’ve been pulling. Strawberry, that ridiculous, even for the south.

Sounds like a DataLounger!

by Anonymousreply 514September 16, 2021 5:59 PM

Arraignment at 4 pm, 2 hours from now.

by Anonymousreply 515September 16, 2021 6:06 PM

He looks better with grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 516September 16, 2021 6:07 PM

R515 Will they be broadcasting live?

by Anonymousreply 517September 16, 2021 6:08 PM

Olivia doesn't have Vocal Fry. Better a Kardassian.

by Anonymousreply 518September 16, 2021 6:11 PM

r493 I would think the blonde living in a van girl's death would be right up Nancy Grace's alley

by Anonymousreply 519September 16, 2021 6:15 PM

R517, Reddit says live-streamed. Whatever, wherever, that is.

by Anonymousreply 520September 16, 2021 6:16 PM

Look on the Hampton County’s Facebook page or on their YouTube linked below for livestream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521September 16, 2021 6:21 PM

The arraignment will be very uneventful. It'll just provide the opportunity to check out the sides and back of his head for visible signs of trauma. Would his lawyers lie so blatantly about his injuries? Not good optics. My only other question is if he'll be rolled into the courtroom in a wheelchair as a sympathy ploy. ♿

by Anonymousreply 522September 16, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote] the 911 operator they asks Alex if the Mercedes Benz is owned or leased

Hard to believe...a 911 operator would not be asking that question.

by Anonymousreply 523September 16, 2021 7:42 PM

The 911 operator also asked if it was his real hair.

by Anonymousreply 524September 16, 2021 7:43 PM

My theory is Maggie was the person to schedule Alex’s hair touch ups, but with her dead he hasn’t been on top of them.

by Anonymousreply 525September 16, 2021 7:51 PM

Alex’s lawyer arrives- through the back door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 16, 2021 8:01 PM

CNN showing video of AM in court right now. From behind his hair is still ginger-tinged.

by Anonymousreply 527September 16, 2021 8:11 PM

Shouldn’t he have to surrender the boat, not the small deadly one, but the seaworthy one?

by Anonymousreply 528September 16, 2021 8:16 PM

Damn, his bond was only set at $20,000. Randy could find 20K in his sofa cushions.

The corruption continues!

by Anonymousreply 529September 16, 2021 8:38 PM

Now there's a town with civilized law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 530September 16, 2021 8:58 PM

A Slate writer reviews the events, and says that the whole “attempted suicide” thing looks like an attempt by Alex to create sympathy for himself.

The article also says that MORE than $10 million may have been stolen from the law firm. That presumably represented insurance payments for personal injury cases, and there’s no way those could have disappeared without other people noticing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 16, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote]Buster needs to hire a bodyguard, to protect himself from himself.

Mr. Buster is surrounded by several large muscular Black men at all times

by Anonymousreply 532September 17, 2021 12:04 AM

I wonder if Buster and Lady Lindz every bumped booties on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 533September 17, 2021 12:40 AM

I’ve not had time to check this thread for a few days. What’s new? Has Paw been charged yet?

by Anonymousreply 534September 17, 2021 12:45 AM

Nancy Grace, John Waters, or other interested producers/parties/showfolk:

here's your title/subtitle: Ginger: Snapped!

©2021 Liz Ard rates/terms upon request!

by Anonymousreply 535September 17, 2021 2:37 AM

So, I was checking FITSNEWS and what I read there cleared up a couple things re the double murders.

Paul, shot with shotgun

Ma, shot with the automated weapon

at the dog kennels 1/4 mile from the lodge which is a good distance when you think about it.

The murders happened three days before a court hearing re a lawsuit by the Beach family. One of the motions that the judge would rule on would force Alex to turn over his financial records. We know now that he’d embezzled millions from his law firm so I imagine that would be revealed.

The hearing was canceled due to the murders.

I originally thought Paul’s death was revenge for Mallory Beach and Ma was collateral. But all of Mallory’s family and presumably her boyfriend took DNA tests and the police have ruled them out. Alex Murtaugh remains “a person of interest”.

His alibi is that he was at his father’s deathbed. His father had been released to die at home. No mention of who was also there but I assume there was a nurse at least.

The website also says there’s a lot more dirty stuff that could come out about that county, it’s very corrupt, everyone knows it. Personally, I think once they tie Alex to the double murders and he confesses, they’ll wrap it up. The housekeepers death, the sons will get their money and that will be the end of it. Steven Smith’s death was so mishandled, evidence gone missing…it’s all rumor, so that will go unsolved. Some low level people might get fined or fired but the real power structure—and it wasn’t that useless sot Alex Murtaugh—will still be intact.

by Anonymousreply 536September 17, 2021 3:00 AM

The judge let the WHITE RICH Man go to rehab. No word yet on how many poor black men the judge sent to rehab today...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537September 17, 2021 4:08 AM

Will be interesting to find out what Alex "shares" in group therapy. Maybe an undercover cop can enter rehab as well.

by Anonymousreply 538September 17, 2021 5:09 AM

He's still found the time to get some sun.

by Anonymousreply 539September 17, 2021 5:10 AM

it is just me or the Petito disappearance is taking over and Murdaugh case is fading away, probably people figure out it is just a matter of time for Alex to confess everything.

by Anonymousreply 540September 17, 2021 5:50 AM

R540 People have run out of room tracking this on their murder wall and all the red strings are getting tangled. Best to start over on a new wall, new crime and only one murder- when the body’s found that is.

by Anonymousreply 541September 17, 2021 6:09 AM

Can someone check to make sure that Paw now knows that if he kills himself, I will get the money.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 542September 17, 2021 6:40 AM

R540 Fade away? I don't think so, but if it does, it will be from disgust/hopelessness that anything will be revealed because SLED continues to allow Alex's lawyers to shape the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 543September 17, 2021 12:07 PM

Given the power the family had in the legal and court system couldn't these cases be moved to a different part of the state?

by Anonymousreply 544September 17, 2021 12:11 PM

R544, they should be!

by Anonymousreply 545September 17, 2021 1:28 PM

I caught some of the hearing yesterday, on the feed from the Hamilton Co. Sheriff's Department, which was filmed directly from behind Alex. I joined it about 5 minutes into the hearing, and it appeared that it was all just about over with by that point, the judge had set the bond already. The best moment was very soon afterwards, when Alex stood up to be hustled out of the courtroom and his jail pants slipped about halfway down his pants, revealing the top of his bare ass. No underwear, I guess you don't get that when you're a suicide attemptee...He had no visible marks of any kind on any part of his head (and very recently trimmed hair, too, based on the hairline in back).

by Anonymousreply 546September 17, 2021 1:55 PM

Uh-oh, Alex. Not only did he apparently fail to hand over the insurance settlement proceeds re the housekeeper's "trip and fall" accident (diverting the money to himself, obviously - and WHY did an insurance company allow him to get HIS hands on that money since it belonged to Ms. Satterfield's sons?), but now the Hamilton County police authorities are contending that there are "inconsistencies" in the story regarding just how the poor lady died. A new criminal investigation has been opened into her death, AND Ms. Satterfield's sons have filed yet another wrongful death suit against poor ole Paw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547September 17, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]diverting the money to himself, obviously - and WHY did an insurance company allow him to get HIS hands on that money since it belonged to Ms. Satterfield's sons?

The sons' lawyer was Alex's college roommate. And Alex and he appointed another friend of theirs to act as the representative of the Satterfield family instead of the sons. That way, the friend could sign any settlement agreements with the insurance companies and the sons would be none the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 548September 17, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]Alex Murdaugh's late housekeeper 'viewed him as family,' lawyer says

That language was included in the obit by Alex.

According to the Reddit page, someone from their town wrote that the housekeeper had told people that she was afraid of Alex and Paul the week she "slipped"

by Anonymousreply 549September 17, 2021 3:19 PM

R547, the attorney who represented the housekeeper’s family funneled the insurance money payout to Alex. It’s discussed in the link at R531.

by Anonymousreply 550September 17, 2021 3:31 PM

I’d like to know where all the embezzled millions went to. Haven’t heard of any bank accounts in the Cayman Islands. Sadly, I don’t think they will be any money left for the housekeeper’s sons or the Beach family.

by Anonymousreply 551September 17, 2021 3:33 PM

R551 You can count on that, buddy!

by Anonymousreply 552September 17, 2021 3:35 PM

Netflix will have several series in the pipeline on this. The first two:

"Buster's Millions"- A zany, madcap romp based on the Murdaughs' financial shenanigans

"If I Did It" - Alex's truth

by Anonymousreply 553September 17, 2021 4:25 PM

My prediction: Alex's lawyer(s) will be withdrawing soon due to Alex's funds being low (can't pay attorney fees). Buster ... I don't think there will be anything left for him to inherit. This family imploded in spectacular fashion.

by Anonymousreply 554September 17, 2021 5:15 PM

^Buster will very likely be found liable in the Beach family wrongful death suit. Since Paul is dead and Alex is almost certainly 100 percent destitute, Buster and the bar owners will likely be on the hook for the judgment, which is likely to be a few million bucks. Whatever Buster might have left, or have inherited from Maw Maggie, by virtue of her death, that money will be seized to pay that judgment. He's dead broke, realistically speaking, and will likely file bankruptcy before too much longer. He's 25, looks and acts like he's about 17. I wonder if the extended family will take care of the poor tyke.

by Anonymousreply 555September 17, 2021 5:28 PM

South Carolina DOES have comparative negligence in this kind of tort case re Mallory Beach, so obviously Paul would have been primarily responsible for the damages, if the jury reasonably found him primarily responsible for Mallory's death (which seems like a foregone conclusion), and so the responsibility for the use of the boat (Paw), the use of the driver's license (Buster), and the furnishing of the alcohol to Paul (the bar owners) is more speculative, and would normally be decided, by percentages, by a jury. I don't know how apportionment of liability is done when the primary wrongdoer is stone dead at the time of trial...

by Anonymousreply 556September 17, 2021 5:35 PM

^^But they'll first have to prove that Buster agreed to let Paul use his license, rather than him just taking it, and that Alex agreed to allow Paul to take the boat, other than just taking it. Still a lot to process. ^^

by Anonymousreply 557September 17, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote]My prediction: Alex's lawyer(s) will be withdrawing soon due to Alex's funds being low (can't pay attorney fees).

Alex's brothers still have money.

And since Randy is definitely up to his neck in Alex's illegal shenanigans, he will continue to have an interest in making sure this all goes away quietly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 558September 17, 2021 5:50 PM

^^ At this point, I doubt anything will go away quietly. At least as long as Alex is alive and prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 559September 17, 2021 5:54 PM

Sounds like Alex is next on the list of family members to be “conveniently” taken out.

by Anonymousreply 560September 17, 2021 5:58 PM

Rehabs have notoriously lax security, you know.

by Anonymousreply 561September 17, 2021 5:59 PM

OP’s photo is gone. Does anyone still have it?

by Anonymousreply 562September 17, 2021 6:00 PM

If Alex pilfered ~10 Million$$ from the family law firm's trust accounts, any bros who are members are going to be sued for (at the least) negligence in the management of those accounts. Depending on the extent of any negligence found, the bros might be on the hook, personally, for the restitution of that money, regardless of the "limited liability" of the corporate structure of the law firm. It's hard to believe that A could have taken THAT MUCH money without somebody in position(s) of authority there just looking the other way while it was happening. It's going to be interesting to watch how the ripples from this guy spread themselves out. EVERYBODY is going to sue these Bozos.

by Anonymousreply 563September 17, 2021 6:01 PM

The SC State Bar is likely liable for a pitifully small percentage of pilfered trust account $$, obligated to pay the client victims a small share of what was stolen. If the Bar has to pay, THEY will sue the law firm too.

by Anonymousreply 564September 17, 2021 6:04 PM

And, it seems obvious, if Paw gets out of that rehab place, he's almost certainly going to kill himself pronto. The idea that he is free and clear of Maggie and Sonny Boy's murders just seems laughable to me at this point.

by Anonymousreply 565September 17, 2021 6:09 PM

I've said it before, but Andy and Barney really WOULD do a hundred times' better job than these grifting yokels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566September 17, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote]I’d like to know where all the embezzled millions went to.

Drug dealers and blackmailers.

by Anonymousreply 567September 17, 2021 6:16 PM

The family should have taken out crackhead Alex a long time ago.

Btw, what did Miss Maggie do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 568September 17, 2021 6:21 PM

^Hostess and bon vivante.

by Anonymousreply 569September 17, 2021 6:23 PM

^^ She traded in faux fur.

by Anonymousreply 570September 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Lolling on the sofa, watching Oprah every afternoon at 4, while gobbling bon-bons.

by Anonymousreply 571September 17, 2021 6:24 PM

^And giggling uncontrollably with mirth. Unless she had to go to the Abortion Hut at the mall, that afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 572September 17, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote] ^^But they'll first have to prove that Buster agreed to let Paul use his license, rather than him just taking it, and that Alex agreed to allow Paul to take the boat, other than just taking it. Still a lot to process. ^^

Agree. You'd have to prove that Buster lent Paul his driver's license. Then you'd have to prove that this chain of events was foreseeable to Buster. (Mallory being ejected from boat, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 573September 17, 2021 6:26 PM

Mama wears nothing underneath her big ol fur coat when she's home.

by Anonymousreply 574September 17, 2021 6:28 PM

In case some Friday afternoon breaking news drops, I started a new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575September 17, 2021 6:28 PM

Again, in at least one deposition, I think the girlfriend’s, she stated that there were times that they needed to meet up in person with Buster to get his driver’s license from him for Paul to use to get into bars and Buster did it, but reluctantly, because then he needed to carry his passport when he went out. I wonder if Buster was ever pulled over and recorded as not having his driver’s license, which would be concrete evidence that he was without it at times. Also, all the others boaters stated that Paul had Buster’s I.D. in their depositions, so it was well known by others too.

by Anonymousreply 576September 17, 2021 6:47 PM

Can someone update a body count for us who have not been actively following the case? We know there was a girl killed in the boat accident, a high school teen killed/murdered, who else might be the victims of the Murdaugh family?

by Anonymousreply 577September 17, 2021 6:57 PM

I don't believe a second that all of those millions have gone on pills.

by Anonymousreply 578September 17, 2021 7:11 PM

My dealer made me pay him a million a pill!

by Anonymousreply 579September 17, 2021 7:13 PM

Drugs aren't that expensive, neither are girlfriends. So where DID the money go?

As for blackmail, what, was Alex going to steal millions just to pay off someone who knows he stole millions? No, for millions and millions to go on blackmail, Alex has to have committed a worse crime in the past than anything we know about.

by Anonymousreply 580September 17, 2021 7:17 PM

R578, there’s just no way this was all due to drugs. People who embezzle rarely do it to store money in offshore accounts. They’re gamblers or speculative investors, or they have weird hobbies. A post office worker who stole money from the mail turned out to have bought antique dolls with her loot.

by Anonymousreply 581September 17, 2021 7:18 PM

Imagine what poor Anthony Cook is feeling right about now. I imagine a good part of the Low Country is completely outraged and they want Alex Murdaugh either dead or in the NC State penitentiary for the rest of his useless life.

by Anonymousreply 582September 17, 2021 7:19 PM

Boat, hunting lodge (extra residence), wife, two college-aged children, household staff, girlfriend on the side. There's a lot of money that can be spent.

by Anonymousreply 583September 17, 2021 7:21 PM

I don't quite understand the switcheroo with the settlement money. What were the housekeeper's sons told? The cheque's in the mail?

by Anonymousreply 584September 17, 2021 7:21 PM

^R584, I'm an attorney and I don't know how they do it, but yes, lawyers do seem to fail to hand over their clients' settlement proceeds pretty regularly. Sometimes the clients are just too meek to force the issue. The lawyer puts them off, over and over, for years, and the clients just give up. I have helped a couple of acquaintances follow up against their attorneys with the State Bar (GA) over the years, and it seems it was always simply that the clients did not have the nerve to stick up for themselves. The attorneys usually lose their licenses for this, when the Bar gets involved, especially if restitution is not made IMMEDIATELY.

by Anonymousreply 585September 17, 2021 7:33 PM

God, that sounds awful, R585. I work in the legal field, too. You'd think these lawyers would be scared to do something like that (there's a damn paper trail!). Lots of bullies out there in the world. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 586September 17, 2021 7:35 PM

For R577

Murdaugh related body count:

1 - Stephen Smith ("friend" of Buster M.) - Found dead in middle of road with head wound, suspicious, 2015

2 - Gloria Satterfield (housekeeper) - Dead from "slip and fall" at Murdaugh home, suspicious, 2018

3 - Mallory Beach (girlfriend of Connor Cook, friend of Paul M.) Death from boating accident, boat driven by Paul M., recklessness, 2019

4 - Paul Murdaugh (son of Alex. M.) - Murdered

5 - Maggie Murdaugh (wife of Alex M.) - Murdered

Mentioned in earlier threads, an unsolved murder at college when Paul attended, no known connection though, most likely coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 587September 17, 2021 7:36 PM

R584, we don’t know what they were told. What appears to have happened is that the insurance company paid the money to the family’s attorney’s escrow account. (This is standard practice.) The attorney, however, was a friend of Alex, and illegally paid the funds to Alex, not the family. Why would the attorney do that? We don’t know yet, he may have been involved with other shenanigans with the Murdaughs. Apparently everyone in the county was.

by Anonymousreply 588September 17, 2021 7:37 PM

Does anyone know if this Murdaugh fellow is a member of a small foreign faction?

by Anonymousreply 589September 17, 2021 7:54 PM

Yes, he is— if you consider South Carolina a foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 590September 17, 2021 8:01 PM

[Quote] the insurance company paid the money to the family’s attorney’s escrow account. (This is standard practice.) The attorney, however, was a friend of Alex, and illegally paid the funds to Alex, not the family.

Is it weird that I think this is the worst example of Alex's behavior? It goes so far beyond mere hubris.

by Anonymousreply 591September 17, 2021 8:48 PM

I think a double murder goes beyond mere hubris, too.

by Anonymousreply 592September 17, 2021 8:59 PM

I can’t believe the sons’ attorney would go along with paying the money to Alex. What was in it for the sons’ attorney? Kickback?

If it’s only $500k, that’s not much. I wouldn’t risk my license and going to jail for 500k.

by Anonymousreply 593September 17, 2021 9:01 PM

[quote] I don't quite understand the switcheroo with the settlement money. What were the housekeeper's sons told? The cheque's in the mail?

This actually happens a lot--think Avenatti. I can think of quite a few lawyers in my neck of the woods who've become super wealthy holding onto settlements that should have gone to their clients.

What do they say--"We had a deal. You didn't understand my fee. If you want the money, hire another attorney and sue me."

by Anonymousreply 594September 17, 2021 9:03 PM

When people talk about lawyers being scumbags, this is the kind of behavior they mean.

Lawyer jokes exist for a reason--and it's not just that lawyers are expensive. Many of them actively connive to steal from their clients or to create more conflict so that their clients continue to pay them (until the lawyer has bankrupted them).

by Anonymousreply 595September 17, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote]I can’t believe the sons’ attorney would go along with paying the money to Alex. What was in it for the sons’ attorney? Kickback?

Apparently, this was not a one-off. Alex and his friends allegedly did this to other people, too.

Alex gets someone with a claim again Alex to hire Alex's friend. They are going to "sue Alex" but they only sue the insurance company(s). Then the plaintiffs makes another friend the legal rep for the family. That way, the legal rep can sign off on any settlement and the sons would be none the wiser.

Then, their attorney can claim they haven't received any money yet.

The word is that the $500,000 was only the Lloyd's policy. The other policies Alex had added up to $2,000,000.

This seems like a well-known insurance scam in that town.

by Anonymousreply 596September 17, 2021 9:25 PM

R593, in a small legal community there might be a lot of collusion and kickback arrangements in insurance cases.

by Anonymousreply 597September 17, 2021 9:34 PM

According to the wiki entry on the law firm, PIMPED, they specialized in suing a freight train company. That’s how they made their money. There’s some quirk in the law there that makes it easy. I don’t understand any of it, perhaps some of the legal minds here can explain it.

by Anonymousreply 598September 17, 2021 9:43 PM

R598, it’s an industry that’s heavily regulated by the federal government. Those companies cannot operate without adequate insurance, and it’s probably easy to show that a crash was caused by the violation of an established safety requirement. So, $$$.

by Anonymousreply 599September 17, 2021 9:55 PM

What should the next thread be called?

Murdaugh by Death?

by Anonymousreply 600September 17, 2021 10:27 PM

^R598, the freight business is full of crooks, absolute trash thieves, who act as "brokers" on both ends of the shipments. Consequently there is a lot of Federal law which makes for absolute liability against certain parties. This means that if one of those parties can be plausibly claimed to be at fault, they HAVE to pay the claim, they have no legal defenses (ie. "I didn't fuck up the shipment, the other guy did!"). And so, also consequently, those companies' insurers HAVE to pay, unless they can show fraud is affirmatively involved. This makes certain types of freight litigation a lot easier for attorneys, it practially wipes out the burden of proof, and it destroys the other side's defenses, and as I said, this goes on all day long, all over the US with everything that is involved in interstate commerce (i.e. *everything*), and with South Carolina, it's the train lines going up and down the Eastern coast.

by Anonymousreply 601September 17, 2021 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!