Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember the Murdaugh family from South Carolina? With the mother and son murdered.

The father was just shot in the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601September 8, 2021 9:30 PM

WTAF. This is some crazy story.

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2021 9:20 PM

WTF is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2021 9:21 PM

Jesus this story is going to make a great miniseries one day.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2021 9:21 PM

WOW

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2021 9:21 PM

Wow! No fucking way. I think we have some kind of vigilante here.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2021 9:22 PM

This raises a pressing question.

Scion — do you pronounce it

SHE-on

Or

SKEE-on

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2021 9:22 PM

I think it's Reed Hastings. Netflix desperately needs a hot new crime docu-series.

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2021 9:23 PM

R6 - Neither. It is SKY-on

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2021 9:23 PM

It’s time to cast this crazy train for the Netflix doc. Will Jonah Hill and his sister Beanie have parts?

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2021 9:26 PM

If they could ever soften up Tatum O'Neal, she'd be good for the mom.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2021 9:27 PM

R6 R8 I think it’s SY-un.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2021 9:27 PM

Yeah, call me crazy but I'll wait to see how serious this "head-shot" is. This guy is an obvious suspect and has plenty of money pay someone to make him look like the "third victim".

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2021 9:28 PM

I thought it was SYE-on.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2021 9:28 PM

I thought it was clap-on. Then clap off.

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2021 9:30 PM

R12, you probably wouldn't want to be hit with a shotgun blast, though. You could bleed out no matter where you were hit.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2021 9:30 PM

Who the hell gets themselves shot in the HEAD to throw off suspicion?!

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2021 9:31 PM

"Who the hell gets themselves shot in the HEAD to throw off suspicion?!"

Someone who's been questioned multiple times by the cops and knows they're closing in? That would be my guess. Or maybe...

"Alex Murdaugh was on his way to Charleston when he had car trouble and stopped, said [his lawyer]."

...someone whose lawyer knows details like this immediately, even though his client has just been shot in the head and-- if the injury is as bad as you insist it must be-- would not be able to communicate this?

by Anonymousreply 17September 4, 2021 9:42 PM

Very suspicious. He was driving to Charleston, had some car trouble and stopped. Apparently 'somebody' then shot him but didn't kill him. You'd guess they'd followed him for some distance in their vehicle to do the deed, but then they didn't walk a few final steps to make sure they had killed him. I guess 'they' didn't really want it that badly.

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2021 9:46 PM

R6, it’s SIGH-on. The sci is like science.

Can someone kindly do a recap? I lost interest in the thread a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2021 9:47 PM

He was hideous anyway. And redheads are my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2021 9:53 PM

Clearly some mega shady going on with that family. No telling what lowlife criminals these people have been involved with.

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2021 10:00 PM

From Op's article, which includes a brief recap at the end:

Alex Murdaugh, the scion of a South Carolina legal dynasty, whose wife and younger son were shot to death in June, was shot on a rural road while on his way to Charleston, his lawyer said.

Murdaugh, 53, was shot Saturday on Salkehatchie Road in Hampton County, his lawyer Jim Griffin told the local paper, the Island Packet.

Police sources told WCBD-TV in South Carolina that Murdaugh had been shot in the head.

Alex Murdaugh was on his way to Charleston when he had car trouble and stopped, said Griffin, who told the outlet he’d spoken with another Murdaugh family member about the incident.

Alex Murdaugh has been taken to a Lowcountry hospital, Griffin said.

Griffin said he did not know the extent of Murdaugh’s wounds.

Tommy Crosby, the spokesman for SLED, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, told The Post Saturday his department had been contacted about a Hampton County shooting but did not give the identity of the victim.

It’s unclear how bad Alex Murdaugh’s wounds are yet.

Deputies are still on the shooting scene, said Smalls, who would not answer questions about the seriousness of Murdaugh’s injuries.

Alex Murdaugh and his family were the subject of sensational headlines when his wife, Maggie, 52, was shot to death near the dog kennels on the grounds of the family’s hunting lodge. Also gunned down was her and Alex’s troubled 22-year-old son, Paul.

Alex found the bodies at the lodge, called “Moselle,” around 10 p.m. on June 7. The victims were shot multiple times, the coroner said, reportedly with a semi-automatic assault rifle and a shotgun. He ruled the deaths a double homicide.

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2021 10:08 PM

Perhaps his other son did it to his hands on the money.

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2021 10:09 PM

Ah, true R17 great points

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2021 10:21 PM

Maybe it’s his gorgeous but unstable Dominican lover. They’re tender, but with an edge.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2021 10:36 PM

Call us when they're the subject of a famous book.

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2021 10:42 PM

R24, it’s possible that Alex was on his cell phone shortly before he was shot, or even as he was shot. Whoever he was talking to would have been able to call the police and tell them approximately where he was.

by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2021 10:46 PM

"[R6] - Neither. It is SKY-on"

I say "SY-on."

by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2021 10:46 PM

Paging Dateline

by Anonymousreply 29September 4, 2021 10:48 PM

Yes, Keith Morrison's voice (Dateline) would be perfect to narrate this Murdaugh-ous tale.

"City Confidential" is on Amazon Prime now, so I've watched a few episodes. This South Carolina town would be perfect for a City Confidential type of telling of the tale.

by Anonymousreply 30September 4, 2021 10:51 PM

City Confidential is on Amazon? Awesome

by Anonymousreply 31September 4, 2021 10:53 PM

This whole thing is insane!

It’s obviously skee-on.

by Anonymousreply 32September 4, 2021 11:06 PM

There is no way these two incidents are not related somehow.

My money is on the remaining son having a breakdown because he figured out that Dad killed his mon and brother, so decided enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 33September 4, 2021 11:11 PM

It was Muslims!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2021 12:01 AM

Murdaugh is like saying "murder" while chewing gum.

by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote] Someone who's been questioned multiple times by the cops and knows they're closing in? That would be my guess. Or maybe...

Hmm, no. If anything it now draws more suspicion because he should have died.

[quote] "Alex Murdaugh was on his way to Charleston when he had car trouble and stopped, said [his lawyer]." ...someone whose lawyer knows details like this immediately, even though his client has just been shot in the head and -- if the injury is as bad as you insist it must be-- would not be able to communicate this?

As someone else said, he could have been on the phone at the time he was shot. He could have left his itinerary with his attorney. We don't know but assuming the lawyer had him shot sounds like quite a stretch. And, btw, if you think getting shot in the head is anything but critical then you're watching too much TV. I can sooner accept that "shot in the head" was overstatement and he was merely grazed, or shattered glass cut him.

by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2021 12:11 AM

R12, There are pictures on Twitter of the shot up BMW SUV. He didn't do it to himself.

I also wonder if his tires were tampered with, so he would be a sitting duck.

by Anonymousreply 37September 5, 2021 12:23 AM

Holy shit!! The fraus on Websleuths are gonna squirt over this!!

by Anonymousreply 38September 5, 2021 12:28 AM

could you perhaps post those links, r37?

by Anonymousreply 39September 5, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote]HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WSAV/WCBD) — Murdaugh family friend and attorney Jim Griffin tells News 3 that Alex Murdaugh was shot while changing a tire on the side of Salkehatchie Road. Griffin says, according to Alex’s brother Randy, two men in a pickup truck drove up, got out and opened fire on Murdaugh. Multiple sources, including Griffin, tell News 3 that Alex Murdaugh called 911.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2021 12:29 AM

I don’t believe this story even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2021 12:34 AM

One article said he was going back to Charleston on the less traveled, longer route. Wonder if it was staged. If two guys walked up to you to kill you, why didn’t they? Sounds fishy. Why would you take the long, less traveled, rural route? I think he’s trying to throw off suspicion. Even though the police says he isn’t a person on interest…

Where’s Faulkner, Williams or Capote when we need them?

by Anonymousreply 42September 5, 2021 12:35 AM

Yes, we know, OP. There has been a long-running thread on this whole crazy case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 5, 2021 12:39 AM

Maybe Murdaugh hired some thugs to shoot him to take the heat off but the guys fucked up and shot him in the head. Shades of Fargo.

by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2021 12:40 AM

R42 Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2021 12:47 AM

Being terrorized by a family of rich white idiots who control your town is bad enough. But these people are a particularly ugly batch of gingers. Just adds to the indignity of the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2021 12:49 AM

Is there any chance Cybil Shepherd could be persuaded to play Maw Murdaugh in the inevitable Netflix series? She may need a fat suit, but I could really see her in Maw’s hideous furs.

Dean Norris in a Ginger fright wig would have the acting chops to play Paw Murdaugh under suspicion.

300 pounds of raw hamburger meat could really nail the role of Paul.

by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2021 12:54 AM

If 2 guys rolled up to try and kill him, while he was alone changing a tire, I think they'd have been successful. This sounds way too fishy.

by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2021 12:56 AM

The whole family are amazing really. The photo of them all together looks like a demonstration of different stages in a human-to-potato transition.

by Anonymousreply 49September 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Truly shocking. I'm still reeling from the fact that Alex Murdaugh is only... 53?

by Anonymousreply 50September 5, 2021 12:59 AM

Now, where is the fat little slut of a daughter who started all this trouble?

by Anonymousreply 51September 5, 2021 1:00 AM

What woman wears that kind of 1950s fur coat these days?

by Anonymousreply 52September 5, 2021 1:01 AM

It usually works the other way around, r49.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 5, 2021 1:02 AM

Every time I look at Alex all I can think of is Peter Boyle who played Young Frankenstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 5, 2021 1:02 AM

R48, in real life, people do botch murders.

by Anonymousreply 55September 5, 2021 1:07 AM

He was shot by illegal immigrants who came here via migrant caravan!

by Anonymousreply 56September 5, 2021 1:24 AM

Here's an interesting comment from Twitter, don't know if it's true.

"Remember several days ago the DA, a friend of Alex Murdaugh’s, handed over the case. Something clearly had changed significantly where he felt it would be unethical to remain the prosecutor. It appears SLED was closing in on those responsible."

by Anonymousreply 57September 5, 2021 1:25 AM

They were all so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 58September 5, 2021 1:27 AM

R57, it was always unethical for the DA to have even the appearance of partiality. He should have stepped down earlier.

by Anonymousreply 59September 5, 2021 1:32 AM

Seems probable to me that the shady paterfamilias was meeting someone out on this lonely rural road...and shit went sideways.

by Anonymousreply 60September 5, 2021 1:34 AM

Bull pucky. The fucking red headed nonce, tried to kill himself, because all of the gay lover (aka as his alleged “mistress”) bullshit is all coming out, and SOON.

Police believe he killed his wife and fucked up, sociopathic son, and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 61September 5, 2021 1:35 AM

DL has an awful track record guessing what happened in these crazy criminal cases.

by Anonymousreply 62September 5, 2021 1:37 AM

Stormy weather ahead.

by Anonymousreply 63September 5, 2021 1:37 AM

A Hurricane's a Comin'

by Anonymousreply 64September 5, 2021 1:39 AM

OH MY GOD!! Cybil Shepard!! Tatum O'Neil!! THEY'RE COMING BACK! That's all the matters here. MADE FOR TEEVEE, you homos, MADE FOR TEEVEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 65September 5, 2021 1:41 AM

Listen to me, Dorothy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 5, 2021 1:41 AM

Surviving older brother Alex "Bubba" Murdaugh, Jr. with his "hunting buddies."

Or else it's the latest publicity still from Dawgpound USA Productions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 5, 2021 1:42 AM

Must be a meth cooker. I’ve been watching Breaking Bad. It’s always about meth.

by Anonymousreply 68September 5, 2021 1:42 AM

Buster takes it up the butt

by Anonymousreply 69September 5, 2021 1:43 AM

WHO will play Mandy?! WHO will play the ALLIGATORS!! WHO will repudiate the ALLY-GAY-SHUNS??

by Anonymousreply 70September 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Sympathy move, that's how I sees it.

by Anonymousreply 71September 5, 2021 1:47 AM

LOL R67 at the Dawgpound reference. Granted, Dawgpound is usually committed to all black and brown scenes, but they could branch out into interracial gangbang territory. Man, the son is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 72September 5, 2021 1:49 AM

^ Buster, not Bubba.

by Anonymousreply 73September 5, 2021 1:50 AM

Should've called us.

by Anonymousreply 74September 5, 2021 1:54 AM

Something just doesn’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 75September 5, 2021 1:55 AM

James Corden *is* Alex Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 76September 5, 2021 1:58 AM

I'd start a "Let's Cast the Murdaugh Murders miniseries" thread, but there's really not enough people to cast to make it worthwhile.

Those are some of DL's best threads.

by Anonymousreply 77September 5, 2021 2:00 AM

Conan O'Brien, maybe, for Grandpa Murdaugh? (I don't really know what Gpa Murdaugh looks like.)

by Anonymousreply 78September 5, 2021 2:00 AM

Hmm. I can picture that, R76.

I see Jennifer Garner in a fat suit for the Mother Murdaugh role.

by Anonymousreply 79September 5, 2021 2:01 AM

Jennifer Coolidge is now 60, maybe a tad old. But she was my idea for Ma Murdaugh in the original thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 5, 2021 2:03 AM

Jennifer Garner would be great. Not sure about the voice though. She (Jen Garner) has a voice like Half-Pint from Little House on the Prairie.

by Anonymousreply 81September 5, 2021 2:03 AM

Face it, at the rate we're going, there won't be anybody left alive to be played by ANYBODY, come Christmustime. There's only ONE of these wretched motherfuckers left standing NOW, and he's gonna be lookin over his shoulder everywhere he goes from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 82September 5, 2021 2:05 AM

American Horror Story: Ginger

by Anonymousreply 83September 5, 2021 2:05 AM

It wouldn't occur to me to change a tire. I'd call for help immediately.

by Anonymousreply 84September 5, 2021 2:09 AM

It's OBVIOUS the entire family was wiped out by BIDEN voters...

by Anonymousreply 85September 5, 2021 2:10 AM

Buster, you in danger, girl!

by Anonymousreply 86September 5, 2021 2:11 AM

So now the body count is: house keeper, gay boy, boat girl, far gay son, fur wearing mother, and maybe father?

by Anonymousreply 87September 5, 2021 2:11 AM

They're coming for us...you and your family are NOT safe!!!

by Anonymousreply 88September 5, 2021 2:12 AM

Maybe whoever killed the other Murdaughs knew the cops were closing in on them and wanted to get one more kill in. Though this obviously reeks of a sophisticated hit job.

by Anonymousreply 89September 5, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote]So now the body count is: house keeper, gay boy, boat girl, far gay son, fur wearing mother, and maybe father?

The mother should have been killed for that fur coat look alone!

by Anonymousreply 90September 5, 2021 2:13 AM

R89, NOTHING outside of Charleston in SC reeks of sophistication, you know that...

by Anonymousreply 91September 5, 2021 2:16 AM

Just a relentlessly unattractive family.

by Anonymousreply 92September 5, 2021 2:16 AM

I think it's highly suspicious he didn't die, I think this was a setup to make it look like he was targeted. That, or the older brother was resentful he couldn't be a gay boy out in the open so he did them all in.

by Anonymousreply 93September 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Ya know what I think??: KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

by Anonymousreply 94September 5, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote]Though this obviously reeks of a sophisticated hit job.

He's still alive. Not a sophisticated hit job at all. More like a South Carolina hit job.

by Anonymousreply 95September 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Anyone know how bad his injuries are?

I vote for that it wasn't a set-up by him. That seems too elaborate and risky - it'd have to involve someone else he'd have to REALLY trust for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 96September 5, 2021 2:19 AM

I think I read that the bullet just grazed him and he's perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 97September 5, 2021 2:20 AM

"Shoot me non-fatally in the head" doesn't pass the smell test for a staged attack.

Wish we'd get an update on his condition.

by Anonymousreply 98September 5, 2021 2:22 AM

I’m guessing the details on this will be scant.

by Anonymousreply 99September 5, 2021 2:22 AM

I hope the movie is done as Southern gothic, like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (should have been). Is there a Lady Chablis type in their town?

by Anonymousreply 100September 5, 2021 2:23 AM

Daddy Alex looks like Baby Huey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 5, 2021 2:26 AM

If someone truly wanted him dead, they'd have done it already

by Anonymousreply 102September 5, 2021 2:29 AM

It was Timmy, Timmy got mad and went bang bang.

by Anonymousreply 103September 5, 2021 2:31 AM

^Scummy motherfucker, why you have to bring that up NOW!??

by Anonymousreply 104September 5, 2021 2:32 AM

Since this is DL, it must be "Boris" who did the deed.

by Anonymousreply 105September 5, 2021 2:32 AM

R100, yes. The old man who just got allegedly shot in the head, was the town’s local Lady Chablis “equivalent”.

All the men in this family were/are all known to be flaming red heads.

by Anonymousreply 106September 5, 2021 2:36 AM

R101 actually Baby Huey was the inspiration for Stefonknee Wolscht.

by Anonymousreply 107September 5, 2021 2:36 AM

r104 Well you don't talk to nobody, you fucker you.

by Anonymousreply 108September 5, 2021 2:37 AM

Buck would have never had car trouble.

by Anonymousreply 109September 5, 2021 2:38 AM

This has all the hallmarks of a Keyser Soze job.

by Anonymousreply 110September 5, 2021 2:40 AM

It was a soft butch sous chef.

by Anonymousreply 111September 5, 2021 2:42 AM

JIMMMMAAYYYY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 112September 5, 2021 2:43 AM

I think you're on to something, R101. As seen at the link, Baby Huey can repel bullets. That greatly increases the chances of a ricochet scalp graze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 5, 2021 2:45 AM

All that money and furs, and still with the Great Clips special.

by Anonymousreply 114September 5, 2021 2:54 AM

Michael B. Jordan, Trevante Rhodes, John David Washington, and Winston Duke as the hunting buddies, Darnell, Byron, Gerald (known as "G") and Tyrone, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 115September 5, 2021 3:05 AM

Have you not seen Steel Magnolias, r114?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 5, 2021 3:08 AM

I didn't know Constance Ford was his wife. Lookin' good in her fur in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 117September 5, 2021 3:09 AM

What a riveting Season 2. I hope this saga gets renewed for Season 3 and Buster gets his turn.

by Anonymousreply 118September 5, 2021 3:09 AM

Yeah, I bet Buster is sleeping with one eye open!

by Anonymousreply 119September 5, 2021 3:12 AM

R39, Here you go..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 5, 2021 3:46 AM

Daddy always taught me, "Remember Lindsey- right between the eyes!".

by Anonymousreply 121September 5, 2021 3:52 AM

It’sh SHY-on

by Anonymousreply 122September 5, 2021 5:11 AM

Buck would have never pronounced it SKY-on.

by Anonymousreply 123September 5, 2021 6:02 AM

Murdaugh, She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 124September 5, 2021 6:13 AM

The car looks like a hearse.

by Anonymousreply 125September 5, 2021 6:58 AM

Killing unattractive people is always a public service.

by Anonymousreply 126September 5, 2021 7:10 AM

He was shot in the head but could call 911 and has been conscious and speaking for hours? What was he shot with, a plastic cap gun?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 5, 2021 7:16 AM

A good southern gothic tale

by Anonymousreply 128September 5, 2021 7:38 AM

[quote]There are pictures on Twitter of the shot up BMW SUV. He didn't do it to himself.

The car wasn't shot up

by Anonymousreply 129September 5, 2021 7:39 AM

Here's a video of someone driving past Murdaugh's vehicle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 5, 2021 7:44 AM

Are we sure Alex wasn’t out in the boondocks hooking up with some twink farm boy and the kid’s daddy and uncles got mad and did a drive by shooting to scare him off, not trying to kill him? Has anyone checked Lowlands GrindR to see if he’s active on there?

by Anonymousreply 131September 5, 2021 9:13 AM

Mexican Cartel

by Anonymousreply 132September 5, 2021 9:16 AM

Rich people don't change tires. Hell, I don't change tires and I'm as middle class as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 133September 5, 2021 9:20 AM

[quote]Rich people don't change tires. Hell, I don't change tires and I'm as middle class as you can get.

In South Carolina they do, men anyway. To not do would be to question your manliness (its South Carolina, so that is hanging by the thinnest of threads anyway), but also it would mean a 60 or 90 minute wait out in the sticks at night. If a man can have a hunting lodge, he is pretty much expected to be able to change a tire or to try, at least.

by Anonymousreply 134September 5, 2021 10:30 AM

So I guess Murdaugh hunting season is open ended in South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 135September 5, 2021 10:59 AM

And you don’t even need a hunting license.

by Anonymousreply 136September 5, 2021 11:18 AM

He took the longest route to his destination because the route took remote roads. He's involved in this. That reporter at FitsNews is going to have a field day with this.

by Anonymousreply 137September 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Who the hell rolls up on a man standing next to his car, unloads a dozen bullets and doesn’t hit the car or kill the man?

by Anonymousreply 138September 5, 2021 11:31 AM

Buster needs to work on his aim.

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2021 11:51 AM

Wow so he killed his wife and son and now this. Fitnews previously stated that one of the guns used was owned by the family.

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2021 11:58 AM

Let’s hope he paid for the family package deal at the cemetery and got a good rate.

by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2021 12:01 PM

R127 These people are so ridiculous that it's easy to imagine Alex hiring some local inept goons to take a pot shot at him to garner sympathy/draw attention away from himself as a suspect. The set up seems to lend itself to that interpretation -- Alex pulls over near a visible landmark (church across the street), crouches down to "check his tire" and get himself out of the direct line of fire, the goons shoot at his car window with lightweight birdshot or something, Alex is never in any real danger. But a stray pellet grazes his head.

And of course he calls Randy first, not 911. Fishy.

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2021 12:41 PM

Is their name pronounced "Murda"?

It might be their fate.

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2021 12:46 PM

^I think Sylvia is pretty close to the truth here. It stinks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2021 12:52 PM

[quote]And of course he calls Randy first, not 911. Fishy.

That much I almost believe. White trash can't wipe their ass without calling momma or daddy or some relative to talk about it in some detail before taking any action. This lot may have a bit of money and some influence, but clever they're not, Not even clever enough to know that when all eyes are upon you as a suspect, you ring 911 first, and THEN your brother.

Otherwise agreed. At least fucking spray the car with bullets.

by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2021 1:00 PM

I said shoot at the upper arm you assholes, not the head. I mighta got hurt.

by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2021 1:06 PM

R145 Video of the car shows a window either rolled down or possibly shot out, and the rear tire is indeed flat, but how do we know that they didn't shoot the tire to flatten it? But yeah, no bullet holes in the car which seems odd if they were missing at such close range.

by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2021 1:07 PM

I think Alex panicked and called his brother first because he was worried that the 911 operator was going to ask him if he owned or leased his vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 148September 5, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote] Why would you take the long, less traveled, rural route?

Because he hates holiday traffic? I avoid highways and state roads whenever I can too.

by Anonymousreply 149September 5, 2021 1:16 PM

My back-up theory is that this whole saga will wind up being about petty drug troubles in the end. Paul was strutting around thinking he was Scarface with his frat boy coke deals, crossed someone and got himself and Mama killed. This incident with Alex could have been a warning/reminder that Alex is on the hook for whatever money Paul owed to the local cartel associates.

by Anonymousreply 150September 5, 2021 1:34 PM

Good Lord, this thread is full of Jessica Fletcher wanna-bes!

by Anonymousreply 151September 5, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]The car wasn't shot up

And it wasn't a BMW, it was a 2021 Mercedes. Many people are claiming that it has run-flat tires (mine does) and there isn't a spare or a jack.

But that tire is flat in the photo. Of course, it could have been shot up.

by Anonymousreply 152September 5, 2021 1:47 PM

I suspect he was out looking for some rough trade cock in a known cruise area. The hottie he picked up decided to rob him and started shooting up the place. Daddy could not admit to picking up rough trade, so he fabricated the whole story about the tire, etc.

by Anonymousreply 153September 5, 2021 2:07 PM

Or it’s the revenged of Stephen Smith’s ghost who just wasn’t able to et the job done.

by Anonymousreply 154September 5, 2021 2:22 PM

Isn't it "the car wasn't shooted up" in rural South Carolina parlance?

by Anonymousreply 155September 5, 2021 2:28 PM

I believe it's "the car tweren't all shot up, no how," R155.

by Anonymousreply 156September 5, 2021 3:16 PM

Could we get a "that thar" in there?

by Anonymousreply 157September 5, 2021 3:18 PM

It’s possible to be shot in the head at close range and not be killed.

by Anonymousreply 158September 5, 2021 3:31 PM

The Long Island Lolita shot Alex?

by Anonymousreply 159September 5, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] Murdaugh is like saying "murder" while chewing gum.

Murdaugh is like murdering the word murder

by Anonymousreply 160September 5, 2021 3:40 PM

R150, I would tend to agree with you but if Paul was actually slinging coke then he would not had to have stopped at the bar in Beaufort to get some the night Mallory was killed in the boat.

If anyone in the family was dealing, my money is on Buster. That would explain how and why Stephen Smith got tangled up with these fools.

by Anonymousreply 161September 5, 2021 3:41 PM

"That thar car tweern't all shooted up, no how."

Compromise.

by Anonymousreply 162September 5, 2021 3:51 PM

You can’t make this shit up.

On other discussion boards, the mistress seems to be an open secret. But I can’t find out who she is. Does anyone here know?

by Anonymousreply 163September 5, 2021 3:55 PM

It’s possible to be shot in the head at close range and not be killed.

Never said headshots were fatal, only that they were critical. Mary Jo did not just shake it off.

by Anonymousreply 164September 5, 2021 3:59 PM

** had to be fatal **

by Anonymousreply 165September 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Ginger Is The New Black

Brian Dennehy would have been great as a patriarch in the backstory scenes, with some extra forehead prosthetic

by Anonymousreply 166September 5, 2021 4:04 PM

I'm glad this is a new thread rather than the older one. It's a sufficiently different topic.

by Anonymousreply 167September 5, 2021 4:07 PM

Amateur...

by Anonymousreply 168September 5, 2021 4:09 PM

The family pronounces it "Murdock", r143.

by Anonymousreply 169September 5, 2021 4:14 PM

Funny. They don’t look Italian.

by Anonymousreply 170September 5, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]Why would you take the long, less traveled, rural route?

Because it made all the difference?

by Anonymousreply 171September 5, 2021 4:27 PM

I grew up in another small town in South Carolina and I always loved how the people in town with a little more money always thought they were hot shit. But almost all were just rednecks with flashy cars and a house at the beach. If the children included a daughter, she was a complete bitch and the son would be a complete bum with no options on trying to contribute anything to society except a nice no 2.

These people seem to have many of these same characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 172September 5, 2021 4:40 PM

R134, are you serious? Murdaugh and “manly” don’t gel well in this sentence.

And NOT because old man Murdaugh is as gay as the proverbial 3 dollar bill, either.

Murdaugh is a spoiled brat, POS sociopath.

He set up his son and his wife to get shot and what happened with Ma Murdaugh and Psycho-Paul, was certainly a professional hit. Paid for by Pa Murdaugh.

I am saddened by the deaths of the wife, and Stephen, the 17 year old twink who sounds to have been a really cool kid with a promising future. The housekeeper, the dead teenaged girl in the boat. This family wrecked boats, havoc, and lives.

Old man Murdaugh is a sociopath, just like his two sons. He needs to get locked up for the safety of the community and his only living (allegedly) son, who is for sure next for a successfully fatal gunshot wound to his head, coming right up and soon.

The only good thing this asshole did was to take out that monster son of his.

Seriously.

Look up the Murdaugh family murders on your Apple podcasts, YouTube, or Spotify. This family was EVIL, minus the mother, who was no angel either, as she deliberately married a gay man for money and furs to be worn in the fucking south, for chrissake.

Below is the best podcast available regarding this family. Mandy Matny rocks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 5, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]If anyone in the family was dealing, my money is on Buster.

That might explain why that enormous orange buffoon was kicked out of college, too.

by Anonymousreply 174September 5, 2021 4:46 PM

Blind Item:

Which minimally-talented Hollywood actress currently embroiled in a nasty child-custody suit is behind the staged shooting of Alex Murdaugh?

by Anonymousreply 175September 5, 2021 4:49 PM

I think I know the plot of season 2 Mare of Easttown.

by Anonymousreply 176September 5, 2021 4:58 PM

It’s “sigh-on”, you dumbfucks.

by Anonymousreply 177September 5, 2021 4:58 PM

My theory is that Pa Murdaugh caught Maw and Paul in a compromising position and lost it.

by Anonymousreply 178September 5, 2021 5:02 PM

He was shot in the head while crouched down changing a tire, and there's not a single hole visible in that car????

What kind of idiots do they take us for?

Oh, wait -- it's South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 179September 5, 2021 5:03 PM

Two armed assailants on quiet country road and they couldn't finish him off? Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 180September 5, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote]Good Lord, this thread is full of Jessica Fletcher wanna-bes!

Which makes it SO MUCH different from the rest of the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 181September 5, 2021 5:11 PM

Called it, beeyotches.

by Anonymousreply 182September 5, 2021 5:16 PM

I bet it won't be long before Buster feels too much heat and commits suicide. And it shouldn't be long before all the civil suits start happening.

by Anonymousreply 183September 5, 2021 5:18 PM

This is what I expected to see:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 5, 2021 5:19 PM

That looks like a Mercedes gl450. I drive one of those and I love it. They’re like tanks but decent on gas. Lots of room for hauling stuff (like alibis, perimenopausal Karens in fur coats, and fat ginger offspring I suppose), good in ice and snow (not a problem in SC) and safe (unless you get shot changing a tire).

by Anonymousreply 185September 5, 2021 5:21 PM

Perhaps it was a random hillbilly drive-by but M's attorney said the two men exited their car then shot.

by Anonymousreply 186September 5, 2021 5:22 PM

Gee, I hope SLED catches these TWO KILLERS before they strike again. There were TWO of them. Maybe it was the two Latina women who kidnapped Sherri Papini.

by Anonymousreply 187September 5, 2021 5:24 PM

FAUX fur.

by Anonymousreply 188September 5, 2021 5:24 PM

Not a word from Maggie’s family, huh?

by Anonymousreply 189September 5, 2021 5:30 PM

The sleeves on that for coat are so long! It’s probably the husband’s.

by Anonymousreply 190September 5, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote]Perhaps his other son did it to his hands on the money.

Those boys look like they can barely tie their own shoes.

by Anonymousreply 191September 5, 2021 5:37 PM

"It was one, not TWO, yeah, that's the ticket. It was TWO women, no MEN. Yeah, it was men. And they were BLACK! Yeah, forgot that part! No, I'm not driving a fucking Toyota! I'm driving a very expensive, new Mercedes! Oh, please help me. I'm hurt so bad, y'all, that I might get a few drops of blood on my collar. As they drove away, these men -- BLACK men-- said they LOVED killing my wife and son! They are the REAL KILLERS and must be stopped. No, there was no license plate. It's hard to say, it was either a Chevy or a Ford. Might have been one of them oriental pickups. I was too scared to look."

by Anonymousreply 192September 5, 2021 5:38 PM

Sounds like inept law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 193September 5, 2021 5:41 PM

This comes down to incest. Everything in the South stems from incest.

by Anonymousreply 194September 5, 2021 5:43 PM

This is Mafia level shit. Very ballsy. I don't advocate vigilante murder but it is hard to stomach the uber-rich and prominently connected getting away with their crimes.

I wonder if they'll figure this one out.

by Anonymousreply 195September 5, 2021 5:43 PM

It was scary, scary black men!!!

by Anonymousreply 196September 5, 2021 6:03 PM

R195, allegedly, they have already figured it out, however, lack physical evidence on the forensics side.

They believe lex either had his wife and son killed, or he killed them himself. I too, have wondered if Paul and his mother Maggie, were engaging in an incestuous relationship. Allegedly, Paul and Maggie were RARELY ever together in the same house, much less the same room.

Paul was a well known psychopath who allegedly physically battered his girlfriend for years, and may have thrown his childhood housekeeper down the stairs. Something someone MIGHT o, if caught off guard, fucking his mother in the master bedroom the housekeeper thought was empty???

The murdaugh’s insurance policy paid the two sons of that housekeeper, over 500K.

Hmmm.

These are all fucked up people (minus the dead twinks (allegedly, there’s another one who ALSO suddenly died under strange and unclear circumstances, on USC’s campus, after hanging out with Paul) the housekeeper and the boat girl.

Alex Murdaugh took his own son out. Why? Because he was a liability and may have been fucking his own mother. The kid was likely an uncontrollable monster.

Interesting that the other brother, Buster, is surrounded by a group of armed black dudes, regularly after his brother’s and mother’s untimely deaths via assassination.

Another detail. They were not found dead in the house. They were each sequestered, and had their hands cuffed behind their backs. They were each walked to the dog kennels many feet away from the main house, and were made to kneel down, facing away from each other and their executioners.

Maggie was riddled with bullets from an assault rifle, and Paul was shot in the back of the head by a shotgun.

Whoever did this were VERY familiar and confident about where they were and who they were targeting, and chose to kill them AWAY from the property and outdoors, next to the dog kennels.

Interesting. .

by Anonymousreply 197September 5, 2021 6:05 PM

Correction:

“ They believe Alex either had his wife and son killed, or he killed them himself. I too, have wondered if Paul and his mother Maggie, were engaging in an incestuous relationship. Allegedly, *Alex and Maggie were RARELY ever together in the same house, much less the same room”

by Anonymousreply 198September 5, 2021 6:08 PM

Link re hand cuffs.

by Anonymousreply 199September 5, 2021 6:09 PM

R199, I’ve heard two versions: 1) handcuffs, 2) rope or electrical cords.

Anyhow, the info is in a podcast. Cannot recall which one, as I have listened to them all.

Please listen to them if you wanna hear what I know I heard about the handcuffs. True? I don’t know what was used to bind their hands’ however, the official word on the street is that they were both found with their hands bound and eith cuffed or tied.

by Anonymousreply 200September 5, 2021 6:15 PM

There’s no link about handcuffs. It’s a rumor. There was one news guy who blurted out that Paul and Maggie were “bound”, but there’s not reported as a fact in any publication.

I’d like to know more about Alex’s mistress, but am still waiting for someone to spill her damn name.

This story has as many twists and turns as the Dulos saga.

by Anonymousreply 201September 5, 2021 6:16 PM

R6- This raises a pressing question.

Scion — do you pronounce it

SHE-on

Or

SKEE-on. Sigh-in. Rhymes with lion.

by Anonymousreply 202September 5, 2021 6:17 PM

If a rich and powerful family is this butt-ugly and they have access to the best plastic surgeons and procedures, what human form of horror are the poor people?

by Anonymousreply 203September 5, 2021 6:21 PM

R201, allegedly, the bound hands is 100% true and they were executed in an organized and controlled manner, outside of the main house, outdoors, in the dog kennel area.

Cuffs, ropes or electrical cord? I cannot say, but for sure they were tied up.

This is 100% believed to be the official report by investigators. I live in the south, next door to a sheriff, and word gets around down here like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

by Anonymousreply 204September 5, 2021 6:26 PM

R204 The tied-up part of the story doesn’t pass the smell test. It doesn’t jive with two weapons being used, which we knew is true.

I’m sorry you’re so invested in the idea of them being bound before being shot but most people with brains don’t agree.

by Anonymousreply 205September 5, 2021 6:32 PM

"They believe lex either had his wife and son killed, or he killed them himself. I too, have wondered if Paul and his mother Maggie, were engaging in an incestuous relationship."

Please there is no evidence of incest. Some people are making shit up

by Anonymousreply 206September 5, 2021 6:35 PM

I wouldn't have written this on a three day binge.

by Anonymousreply 207September 5, 2021 6:42 PM

Lordy, the only thing appealing in any way in that OP picture is that coat.

by Anonymousreply 208September 5, 2021 6:44 PM

I’m not getting sucked into to this story. No way. No podcasts, no threads for me.

The reason is that nobody will ever know what happened here. It will never come out. There will never be a solution or any kind of ending or explanation.

The theories will go on forever but we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 209September 5, 2021 6:44 PM

Could the fact that two different guns were used indicate two separate shootings? Maybe Paul shot his mother for whatever reason. Dad walks into the scene and shoots Paul out of anger or fear of him killing him as well.

by Anonymousreply 210September 5, 2021 6:49 PM

I agree with the above - this is suspicious and sounds like a planned event to throw the trail off of him.

People don't follow others and start randomly shooting in a SUV.

He's guilty. This is a very desperate move. Will we get the medical info or is that protected by HIPAA? A bullet graze?

They couldn't shoot that fat fucker at close range while stationary on the side of the road? This is bullshit - all of it.

by Anonymousreply 211September 5, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote]That looks like a Mercedes gl450

GLs went out of production in 2012...The car pictured is a 2021 GLS

by Anonymousreply 212September 5, 2021 6:53 PM

Hey, Local: what’s the deal with the “guitar brothers” (name of a famous guitar brand that starts with a “G”)? Why can’t they be mentioned on Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 213September 5, 2021 6:54 PM

Gosh, this is fucking horrifying. Truly one of the most fucked up families I've ever read about. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 214September 5, 2021 7:01 PM

SO do we believe he would actually get himself dirty to change a tire instead of calling for roadside service?

I'd stay in my air-conditioned SUV, thank you very much.

And why did he call his brother and not police straight away?

These people think we're idiots like the rest of them in South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 215September 5, 2021 7:10 PM

He used a spoon to graze his head.

by Anonymousreply 216September 5, 2021 7:12 PM

Amateur hour.

I saw the woman who’s supposedly Alex’s mistress, and she’s far too good-looking to be hanging him. She’s way out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 217September 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Could someone provide a condensed Reader’s Digest version for everything so far?

by Anonymousreply 218September 5, 2021 7:44 PM

R218

1. they are "greedy" and "corrupt" lawyers for generations, hold the powerful positions in local jurisdiction.

2. the family has many enemies for generations (see #1)

3. wife and son were shot to death, people were quiet, case unsolved

4. husband/dad was shot on highway during the rest (drive-by shooting)

by Anonymousreply 219September 5, 2021 7:55 PM

R213 The Murdaugh’s lived next door, main house not hunting lodge, to a family named the Gibsons who also had two sons close in age to Paul and Buster and they were all friends. One of the grown up sons was teaching and coaching at a school in Alabama and was caught molesting a student and fired. It is surmised that this brother, or possibly both, were hired as the caretakers for Moselle, who earlier had a caretaker who was also a former teacher fired for molesting a student at the school Paul went to for high school. Early Moselle police reports had a mysterious name “Gibson” listed on them not fully redacted and near the other names of people present. Sleuths are saying that a Gibson was on the property, if not at the time of the murders, then within minutes of Alex arriving. It is all speculation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 5, 2021 8:01 PM

R217 He is extremely rich. There is no out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 221September 5, 2021 8:03 PM

Why do I imagine that just before Alex was shot it was just like those moments of tension here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 5, 2021 8:07 PM

Oh, another part of the Gibson boys story is that their dad is an athletics coach and the boys were very involved in sports, baseball in particular. If you remember there were some stories that Alex had done some coaching too for his son’s teams and Stephen Smith was on those teams. And supposedly the Murdaughs, and who knows maybe the Gibsons, were at a baseball game the night of Stephen’s murder.

Interesting that Brody Gibson was molesting minors, if you go by the theory that molesters were many times molested as children themselves and are carrying on a cycle, that could figure back to something happening to him while being in sports or as a neighbor of Alex. Also, does Brody have something on Alex, either something like inappropriate touching or knowing or being involved in Stephen Smith’s murder that got him the job as Moselle caretaker?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 5, 2021 8:23 PM

R219 - you left out a lot.

The one son who was shot was up on negligent homicide for driving a boat while drunk, causing the death of one of his friends. The family was being sued.

There is another case of a gay guy who was killed a couple of years ago and supposedly was rumored to have been done by one of the sons.

The mother and son were at their shooting lodge - in June when there is literally nothing to shoot. There is nothing really available to shoot - all animals have limited seasons for shooting - except maybe squirrel and some small birds. They have a house at the ocean but for some odd reason, they were at the family hunting lodge.

The father 'happened' on the crime scene just 30 minutes after the shootings and he moved the bodies / tampered with the scene. Someone broke into the dead's son's apartment at college and cleared a lot of things out of the apartment.

A lot of shady and weird stuff happened with the mother and son murders. There was a separate thread about it.

Now this?

by Anonymousreply 224September 5, 2021 9:15 PM

I’ve followed quite a few true crime stories over the years, and this case has the dumbest commenting community EVER. On Reddit, half the comments are incomprehensible. I’ll read them over and over, trying to make sense of them.

It’s bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 225September 6, 2021 12:10 AM

Were Ma and the dead one banging at the lodge?!

by Anonymousreply 226September 6, 2021 12:28 AM

The dad is dirty on this. He hired someone to kill his wife because he's banging someone else and his pain in the ass kid was causing him no end of financial trouble. Money and sex.

by Anonymousreply 227September 6, 2021 12:34 AM

Let’s solve this one like we did the Soft Butch Sous Chef case.

by Anonymousreply 228September 6, 2021 12:37 AM

So, if I have this right. Dad and Buster are both gay and were both banging the twink who was offed, likely out of jealousy between the two. Paul killed the maid, was fucking his mother, killed boat girl and was executed along with mom by dad for being a POS. Mom was a bonus allowing dad to go after other local twinks unencumbered leading to someone taking pot shots at him. Meanwhile Buster is running around with a bunch of black tops as a personal posse.

This calls out for David Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 229September 6, 2021 12:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 6, 2021 1:03 AM

I thought Alex had an unshakeable alibi. And if the physical evidence implicated him, I didn’t see how a head wound would get him out of it.

by Anonymousreply 231September 6, 2021 1:16 AM

R230, interesting.

Reminds me a bit of the Ann Rule book A Fever in the Heart. It was about a high school wrestling coach who went to pieces when his wife left him to go back to her ex-husband, then convinced one of his wrestlers to kill the ex-husband. Everyone assumes the coach did it, so he gets the same wrestler to give him a non-fatal wound, to make it look like "the real killer" targeted him, too. However, the wound ended up being fatal.

Wonder if something similar happened here - he hires a hit man to kill his wife and son, then gets the hit man to take a shot at him, to try to take the heat off him as a suspect

by Anonymousreply 232September 6, 2021 1:19 AM

R225 It's reddit just be grateful if the commenters manage to stay on topic. Half of the time reddit posts are filled with about 900 comments from ADHD spazzes making non sequiturs that have almost nothing to do with the subject at hand. And those comments are always the most highly upvoted. Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 233September 6, 2021 1:23 AM

Such an ugly family.

by Anonymousreply 234September 6, 2021 1:23 AM

Why are SOOO MANY southern “gentlemen, kiddie diddlers?

Moving to the south, I’m oftentimes bored AF, and have googled my southern coworkers, in order to pass the time.

I have NEVER seen so many child molesters or registered sex offenders surrounding me at work every day, EVER. It’s almost like an accepted “youthful mistake” that appears to be widely tolerated amongst the men who live out here in the south. And if they’re white? They’re getting hired as managers and supervisors, despite their permanent, lifetime membership on the Meghan’s Law website.

The men out here are fuckin disgusting. That’s another reason I’m elated to be moving back home. I wouldn’t fuck any of these COVID carrying, kiddie diddlers for a billion bucks. Even if they weren’t on the “list” these guys out here are all goofy looking and most are overweight and ugly AF, anyhow.

How these women or here fuck these men is beyond me, until I remember that most every southern chick I’ve befriended while living out here, was a crazy cunt because she was molested by her father and/or brother/cousin/uncle/ grandfather, so marrying another kiddie diddler is perfectly acceptable for them, even if unconsciously so.

GROSS. 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

by Anonymousreply 235September 6, 2021 2:18 AM

Where do you work? Pedos R us?

by Anonymousreply 236September 6, 2021 2:21 AM

Despite her self care retreat, good ole Mandy’s burning the midnight oil and churned out another vocal fry inflected podcast about Alex taking a shot to the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 6, 2021 2:25 AM

Like everyone else, I am just floored.

I hope the families of the girl thrown from the boat and the gay kid found dead on the road both inherit their estate.

by Anonymousreply 238September 6, 2021 2:27 AM

I spoke too soon. Didn't realise he was gonna live.

by Anonymousreply 239September 6, 2021 2:29 AM

I’m assuming the legal firm good ole Mandy has sponsoring her podcast is Murdaughs primary competitor?

by Anonymousreply 240September 6, 2021 2:29 AM

I’m not completely convinced that Alex, with his already bulky body, isn’t wearing a Kevlar vest under his clothes. Maybe they shot him in the chest and the bullet ricocheted off and inflicted a head wound?

by Anonymousreply 241September 6, 2021 2:33 AM

R236, it the fucking American SOUTH’, so the answer to your question is a resounding YES. Pedos R Us is exactly where I live because that’s just how it’s done down in the south.

They’re not called sister fuckers or cousin marrying creeps for nothing.

The stereotypes stick because they sadly TRUE.

Men are generally ,clueless to their own sexual predation as it is, anywhere in this country. But here in the South? It’s a whole different ballgame down here in the South. I was SHOCKED when I finally read the room I stood in correctly, because it’s a way of life out here.

Southerners are by and large, VERY FUCKED people. Tons of truly toxic baggage out here. Different than the baggage us city folks wind up with. Lots of denial and generational, sexual predation passed on from generation to generation to generation out here, and unless CRAZY shit goes down like with the Murdaughs, demanding the national spotlight after MULTIPLE highly egregious and undeniably repeated criminal offenses, no one bats an eye.

It’s just part of everyone’s story. White AND black, rich AND poor.

I’ve come to believe that this is part of the reason why so many of these folks are perceived as heartless, fucked up religious nut jobs who are cold hearted and don’t give two fucks about their fellow man. It’s because many of these people are fundamentally broken due to systemic and systematic child abuse. Yeah. They’re truly cold hearted psychopaths, running around with a bible in one hand, and the heavy, unbearable weight of invisible baggage. Baggage filled with generations of enduring and/or perpetuating, criminally offending and predating upon other children, the never ending cycle of what becomes more physical and/or sexual child abuse on the other children who live to repeat the cycle.

It’s real and it’s fucked up. That’s why they’re all susceptible to this Q-Anon bullshit. It deeply personal to them because it’s the classic manifestation of projection.

These are really unhappy and messed up people. They’ve been deeply and recklessly exploited by big pharma giants like the Sacklers, by the religious right and new psychopathic brand of neocons /conspiracy theory driven conservatives.

These folks need real psychiatric support and cognitive behavioral therapy and therapy models designed to address generational, lifetime C-PTSD.

People down here are either victimized or are the victimizers who have zero recognition of the fact that child abuse is criminal offense, punishable by law. This is in no way an exaggeration. The happy Southerner trope is all bullshit.

To them? Elites aren’t elite because they’re liberals. They’re elites because are perceived by southerners, as those who didn’t grow up being sexually or physically exploited and abused throughout their entire childhoods. That’s why they think they hate us. Because they think people with empathy are weak and weak means that they never suffered as they, the legitimately abused, suffered.

Obviously, this isn’t true. But down here, barely anyone seems professional therapy and instead, take their problems to Jesus, instead of to the police and a licensed counselor or therapist.

Down here, the system is designed specifically for he propagation of corruption , protection of the wealthiest predators, and the continued and insured access to millions of kids who are also preyed upon, beaten, forced into child labor, and who are giving birth to their relatives’ newborns repeatedly, with the RARE arrest and prosecution of the offenders who impregnated the underaged girls.

Really sad but also really true. It’s really fucked up down here and there is a reason why that is the case.

by Anonymousreply 242September 6, 2021 3:21 AM

R242, you sound unhinged.

What you say is not true. You’re making it up. The facts do not bear out what you’re saying which makes you sound as crazy as the QAnon crowd.

by Anonymousreply 243September 6, 2021 3:32 AM

Whoa, r242. That’s pretty extreme.

by Anonymousreply 244September 6, 2021 4:02 AM

R242 is preaching the gospel

by Anonymousreply 245September 6, 2021 4:16 AM

I didn’t realize this latest shooting happened at 1:30 in the afternoon, broad daylight. I just assumed it happened after dark. So, Alex should’ve gotten a good look at them. Or at least he can describe the truck.

He was airlifted to a hospital in Savannah GA with a superficial head wound. Okay, maybe they wanted to make sure there wasn’t brain damage or something but, all the way to Savannah? No good hospitals in SC? Or even Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 246September 6, 2021 4:26 AM

Hampton County is on the SC-GA line so Savannah is the closest large hospital to where the shooting occurred. There is not a whole lot going on down in that part of the state.

by Anonymousreply 247September 6, 2021 4:42 AM

They can't pin it on Michael Jordan Sr's killers - still in prison.

Now, if the two shooters got out of their truck to offer help and Alex was a complete asshole they may have shot things up.

by Anonymousreply 248September 6, 2021 5:08 AM

R233 and R234, the following post/links, are for y’all.

I have zero motive or reason to make ridiculous claims or spout bullshit lies about how much culture shock I’ve experienced which has been pretty traumatic for me in many ways, when moving to the south and getting to know people, and make friends. It was a form of secondary trauma or exposure to hearing repeated stories of sexual child abuse by the women I had the opportunity to get close to.

It’s something no one wants to discuss because it’s deeply shameful for all involved and is criminal behavior, which now, depending on where you live and/or when the abuse happened, have become states where rape no longer has an expiration date when pursuing charges.

What people cannot believe or come to terms with, his the deeply rooted and VEHEMENTLY pursued systems of denial, set up to protect child sex abusers in their own nuclear families. It’s unfathomable that so many women in one town or one county have been exposed to this behavior. With FULL knowledge of ALL family members including the mothers in these households. But sadly it is still going on and the more rural or more religious or wealthy you go in the south, the murkier shit gets when it comes to incidents of incest and generational incest as an accepted but necessary evil that people shit up about and look to the other way because that’s what they did and saw when it happened to them.

QAnon is UTTER bullshit and while child sex trafficking and adult sex trafficking do exist and take place as I type in the United States, I promise you that the majority of sexual child abuse is occurring inside the room of children who are sexually assaulted by their father, their brother, their sister, their mom, their cousin, uncle, grandfather, and the likelihood that these young boys or young men or old men have been doing this repeatedly and generationally to their grand kids and great grandkids or nieces or step kids or the step kids’ kids, is pretty freakin’ likely.

I understand your revulsion and aversion to this, as I responded similarly as I heard some real,y AWFUL stuff from profoundly abused and oftentimes sexually screwed up women, due to their casual acceptance of stuff like bestiality and some really insane shit that is a behavior attached to prior sexual child abuse and the lack of healthy boundaries when one is abused this way. Some of these women became adults who eventually ended up in relationships with men who were pimping them out for profits they collected solely, on weekends.

These women spent the entire week working on their feet and the weekends working on their backs, and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it, because their grandpa started raping them every night starting at the age of 7.

There’s more. It’s scary. It’s heinous. It soul destroying and I’ve never met so many women in one geographic location of all ages all backgrounds and all races, telling me the same or very similar childhood stories, repeatedly, every single time I made a new friend. It got so overwhelming that I eventually just totally shut down and stopped socializing with everyone around me.

And… there’s more. It I’m not going to get into that until I’m in a physically safe space to feel safe when speaking freely about my own personal experiences I’ve had while living here in the south.

There are hundreds of thousands of families across America as we read and type on here, who are either experiencing this or did once experience it and are in total denial and shutdown mode or continue to be sexually exploited by their partners, in order to survive the initial trauma they endured when children.

I am totally aware it happens everywhere, however, it seems to be REALLY common down here in the American south.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 6, 2021 5:20 AM

More…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 6, 2021 5:21 AM

The Blues of the south…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 6, 2021 5:23 AM

They are lawyers. obviously disgruntled clients wanted them dead.

by Anonymousreply 252September 6, 2021 5:33 AM

R249, you’re not helping your case. You still sound unhinged and the more you say, the crazier you sound.

You’ve posted an opinion piece based on anecdotal extrapolations, a glorified Reddit post about a work of fiction, and a wiki about a 19th-century Appalachian genetic cul de sac. None of this is the evidence you think it is and doesn’t prove the South is a hotbed of incest you claim it to be and just makes you look foolish.

You’re hysterical and should seek counseling for yourself. Norma people don’t act like your acting.

by Anonymousreply 253September 6, 2021 5:48 AM

It makes no sense to air-lift to a hospital for superficial wounds as reported by the DM. Either the reporting is incorrect or another layer of WTF has been added to this story.

by Anonymousreply 254September 6, 2021 6:01 AM

R254, head wounds have the tendency to bleed much worse than in another part of the body. Considering that, the fact that local hospitals might have been full of COVID patients or possibly don’t do surgeries at all, and with the certainty that Murdaugh could afford the flight it doesn’t seem that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 255September 6, 2021 6:08 AM

Tony. I’m not hysterical and I definitely am continuing to seek mental health once I leave this area.

Also, I’m not attempting to help my case as I haven’t a case and I am definitely not attempting to provide imperial evidence. Of course it’s anecdotal but it is also what I’ve had confided to me while living here.

It has for sure done damage to my mental health and psyche, and part of that damage comes from people who either deny my anecdotal sharing of whatever topic, to be valid and truthful via my POV and experiences or those who call me hysterical for sharing with them something which I have experienced while living in the south… many women whom I’ve met while living here have confided in me that they experienced sexual child abuse perpetrated upon them by a relative.

Why is this such anathema to you Tony? You think people in America aren’t diddling their relatives who are also kids? They are.

Listen. My own biological family members have never once molested me. That’s not where this is headed. However, I’ve met way more victims of this occurrence out here more than anywhere else in the world, based on their personal stories which they shared with me.

What fucks me up is people who pretend it’s no big deal after they tell me or who don’t even want to seek professional help because that’s just not proper or done. Imagine how screwed up these kids are who grow up and rationalize abuse?

Tony. Things are NOT normal for me here in the south. The personal trauma I’ve experienced out here is partially systemic and is founded upon total lies, denial, and inability by once trusted adults in my life, to admit their inappropriate advances toward their adult stepdaughter, while commissioning the assistance of family members, church members and others I knew, in attempting to discredit my very truthful accusations of inappropriate sexual contact made towards me from my mother’s husband, more than once.

You have no idea what it’s like living in a place where your own stepfather who you once loved and trusted, makes sexual advances towards you and then vehemently denies it to others and tells every single person you’re a liar, when you’re not.

I’m not unhinged. I’m honest and people get very uncomfortable around people who speak truthfully. That’s cool. I’ve seen this multiple times and understand. I get manic. I go through high anxiety and I’m constantly treated like a fucking criminal because I finally had the balls to call the fucking police and tell them my stepfather has been physically abusing my elderly mom and almost broke my spirit by physically assaulting me, emotionally and verbally abusing me and sexually assaulted me too.

You try living an in environment like that for five years because you cannot bear to leave your mom in peril, yet eventually realize that to survive, you must.

Fuck you Tony. I’ve always liked you but your poor opinion of me is not accepted by me nor is it even close to being anywhere on target.

I’m fucked up tony. I’m am in the process of leaving a physically dangerous and emotionally devastating situation and I’m C-PTSD’d the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 256September 6, 2021 6:19 AM

R255. Sure but a "grazed" head doesn't bleed much.

by Anonymousreply 257September 6, 2021 6:28 AM

I hopped onto this thread for an update but I guess we're babysitting some attention-starved nutjob instead of talking about the case.

by Anonymousreply 258September 6, 2021 6:39 AM

Like r255 said, there may not have been good hospitals around because of COVID, r246. It was a head wound and even if it was superficial, they would have wanted to check for injury to the brain or skull, and if the local ER was packed and he could afford the flight to Savannah, it makes sense that they would have chosen that route.

by Anonymousreply 259September 6, 2021 6:41 AM

A fur coat in South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 260September 6, 2021 7:59 AM

Everything isn't always about Covid.

In the rural South, there are not hospitals in every little crossroads.

Emergency medicine and (possible) head trauma case intakes carry on despite Covid. An August 31 report of WTOC 11 noted that 1/3 to 1/2 of ICU beds were in used by Covid patients, a record since the early peak of cases in 2020.

You can see on the map that Hampton County where the shooting of Alex Murdaugh is reported to have taken place borders Georgia and that even the portion of the county nearest Charleston is roughly equidistant to hospitals in Savannah and Charleston (with an edge to Savannah.)

In a case where everything is fishy, airlifting Murdaugh to Savannah rather than Charleston (or Hampton Regional Medical Center with its 32 beds) wouldn't seem a conspiracy beyond the possible staged injury aspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 6, 2021 8:02 AM

He shot himself and then paid to be airlifted to the hospital and then had it leaked to the media.

by Anonymousreply 262September 6, 2021 8:14 AM

R256 STFU.

by Anonymousreply 263September 6, 2021 8:26 AM

I have two comments:

1) Yes, a person with a traumatic head wound that looks minor should be transported to a trauma center or large hospital, because you can't tell how bad a head wound is without a CT scanner and other diagnostic tests... that aren't available in small community hospitals on weekends. The helicopter was probably because Murdaugh was rich and could afford a helicopter, but not the trip to the big hospital.

2) I met a guy from the backwoods of a nearby state, and he once said to me that he knew people out there who'd be happy to kill anyone for fifty bucks. But they were so stupid that you couldn't just give them the address, you'd have to drive them to the victim's home because they'd get lost.

And yeah, it's very odd that the first Murdaugh murder seemed like such a professional job, and this was so amateurish. Yeah, who wouldn't suspect a setup.

by Anonymousreply 264September 6, 2021 8:59 AM

^The thing is, if Paw Murdaugh paid some rednecks to do this for money, he is now their SLAVE. He's a prosecutor or former prosecutor, and so certainly knows exactly what kind of a trap he would be setting for himself in such a circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 265September 6, 2021 11:28 AM

^He would also understand that the truth coming out is inevitable, especially in view of his claim that there were TWO assailants. One person alone might be bribed to keep the secret, but 2 people? Never.

by Anonymousreply 266September 6, 2021 11:30 AM

R152 Smell you with your 2021 Mercedes and your run-flat tires. Fon, fon, fon, fon-fon, fon

by Anonymousreply 267September 6, 2021 11:37 AM

[quote]...if Paw Murdaugh paid some rednecks to do this for money, he is now their SLAVE. He's a prosecutor or former prosecutor, and so certainly knows exactly what kind of a trap he would be setting for himself in such a circumstance.

If he were smart (and there's little evidence of this), he would not hire some rednecks to do this for money, but rather he might use his position to find a happy marriage of someone who needed some evidence or records to disappear to evade a jail sentence, for instance. Favors are a bigger currency than money in some places.

by Anonymousreply 268September 6, 2021 11:57 AM

It makes me happy that months into this all there are still people becoming outraged by Ma Murdaugh’s fur coat. If she was still alive we’d have PETA on her doorstep flinging red paint at her.

by Anonymousreply 269September 6, 2021 12:02 PM

R268: The "employees" here are now in control of Mr. Murdaugh, whether he did them some legal favors or not. Criminals are adept at taking advantage of that kind of power situation, and will CERTAINLY show up with their hands out for more, a lot more. And Paw M has a LOT MORE to lose in this situation, I am betting, simply by virtue of just concocting this false "crime", let alone his possible involvement in all the other family drama.

by Anonymousreply 270September 6, 2021 12:11 PM

So is Alex’s paramour a Charlestonian, is that why he was headed there for the long weekend?

by Anonymousreply 271September 6, 2021 12:16 PM

Has Buster recalled the Black Boys posse and hired them as his personal body guards never to be alone without one of them, going so far as sharing his bed each night with whichever one he hand picks for the evening?

by Anonymousreply 272September 6, 2021 12:31 PM

Oh man, I am so ignorant of geography sometimes. I thought Savannah was down near the Florida border.

Motive. While it seems like several people had cause to be angry with Junior, there’s a lot more who’d be pissed at the father because of his job and who are taking advantage of the murky situation for payback.

If the latter wasn’t a set up, I guess we’ll know when he hires a bodyguard after getting out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 273September 6, 2021 12:49 PM

“Imma go in a helicopter! Wheee!”

by Anonymousreply 274September 6, 2021 1:32 PM

Someone elsewhere mentioned that Alex may have been cautioned by SLED not to leave the state.

And there he is, coptering off to Georgia.

Just mentioning it…

by Anonymousreply 275September 6, 2021 1:33 PM

Yes, he is “a person of interest “ officially .

by Anonymousreply 276September 6, 2021 4:43 PM

Ok, Alex did call 911 first not Randy according to this article. Then at the end, Mandy drops a new morsel about AM being an opioid addict. Him and 7 out of 10 other portly 53 year old white American males....

"Again, my sources at SLED – whose agents were gathering evidence at the crime scene into the early morning hours on Sunday – are saying nothing. However, I am reliably informed that the family narrative is encountering what one source familiar with the inquiry termed “withering investigative scrutiny.”

“This is not going to hold up,” the source said.

Complicating matters? Alex Murdaugh is said to be increasingly estranged from colleagues at his law firm – which declined to issue a statement in connection with Saturday’s shooting. At the heart of this rumored rift? Reports that the 53-year-old trial attorney has been “less than forthcoming” with his law partners about any number of issues – included what multiple sources close to the family have described as a “serious” opioid addiction.

This opioid addiction – which Alex Murdaugh has allegedly done his best to conceal – has also reportedly become a central focus of the ongoing law enforcement inquiries."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 6, 2021 6:14 PM

I usually don't comment on people's looks, but, Good God that family is/was ugly and what a weathered looking 53.

by Anonymousreply 278September 6, 2021 6:17 PM

Of course, daddy was helping his son with the drug trade. Mom and the other threatened to rat him out.

Bang! Bang!

by Anonymousreply 279September 6, 2021 6:17 PM

I confess: I was totally dubious about the “this shooting was staged” narrative that developed here. Why do I ever doubt DL?

by Anonymousreply 280September 6, 2021 6:20 PM

Did he become addicted all in a bid for him to get that Sacklers as clients and the case moved to his county?

by Anonymousreply 281September 6, 2021 6:22 PM

[Quote]If she was still alive we’d have PETA on her doorstep flinging red paint at her.

It was FAUX fur. You'd know this if you read the thread. PETA loves faux fur.

by Anonymousreply 282September 6, 2021 6:32 PM

Pardon if this has already been posted, but this is one of the better coverages of this case that I’ve seen. He’s a new youtuber who lives in Beaufort and has shot a lot of original footage, including drone shots, and incorporated public footage in a great way to tell the story. He seems like he also might be gay too. He includes shots of Mallory’s cemetery plot and another video on his page has some raw drone footage he took of Alex’s car after the shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 6, 2021 6:51 PM

Good lord, he’s resigned from the law firm and gone into rehab!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 6, 2021 7:10 PM

"Pity poor lil ol' me, I have a drug problem!"

by Anonymousreply 285September 6, 2021 7:11 PM

Wow! The plot thickens! Maybe the uncle was involved, too. I always thought he was suspicious.

[quote] After Paul Murdaugh was arrested for allegedly boating under the influence following a 2019 crash that caused the death of a 19-year-old woman, his family says he began receiving threats from strangers online.

[quote] “I didn’t think it was a credible threat,” his uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Thursday. “If it was, I would have tried to do something or notify someone. But, I guess, maybe I made a mistake.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 6, 2021 7:15 PM

I wonder if being in the hospital and most likely needing to stay there for 24 hours his DTs emerged from needing a drink or his threshold need for opioids bottomed out and there was no hiding that from the medical staff and he was backed into a corner and had to declare addiction and rehab?

by Anonymousreply 287September 6, 2021 7:24 PM

The link posted at r283 is worth watching. Excellent overview of the confusing situation, it starts with the boating accident.

by Anonymousreply 288September 6, 2021 7:27 PM

“ In a statement, a spokesperson for the Murdaugh family said, “The Murdaugh family has suffered through more than any one family could ever imagine.”

Oh I think Mallory’s family can imagine. Especially the part where the raging drunk who caused the collision gets off thanks to his family connections.

by Anonymousreply 289September 6, 2021 7:31 PM

R289 And the Smith family with their son left with a gaping wound in his skull to die in the middle of the road alone on a dark summer evening.

by Anonymousreply 290September 6, 2021 7:36 PM

Addicted to what? Cheeseburgers?

by Anonymousreply 291September 6, 2021 7:39 PM

The thumbnail from the video at R483 is the most attractive I’ve ever seen Paul, like a young Joshua Jackson in The Creek. The blue light of the siren neutralizes the red in his hair and he looks manly. The weird thing is he’s in his Timmy persona, I wonder if he became more attractive when he transformed like some drunk induced Incredible Hulk character?

by Anonymousreply 292September 6, 2021 7:43 PM

A quote from Daddy head shot taken from R40 s link:

“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”

a. It doesn't sound like he's hurt too badly. The shooters may have killed his car, but they left him alive. b. He sounds guilty.

by Anonymousreply 293September 6, 2021 7:45 PM

Re: Casting ideas for the inevitable mini-series

He's probably a little too old now (at 63), but ten years ago Christian Clemenson would have been a great choice to play Paw Murdaugh. Good actor (won an Emmy on Boston Legal), ginger-adjacent, and he's tall & hefty like Murdaugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 6, 2021 7:48 PM

It just doesn’t seem plausible that Alex Murdaugh ran up such a drug debt that the dealers would kill his wife and son.

This supposed addiction was probably correlated but did not cause the murders. I don’t think people on opiates turn violent, at least not in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 295September 6, 2021 7:50 PM

Well, we know how this ends, when he gets out of rehab he dates Olivia Munn.

by Anonymousreply 296September 6, 2021 7:50 PM

Jennie Garth for Mama Maggie

by Anonymousreply 297September 6, 2021 7:51 PM

Michael Rapaport, if he can tame that wicked accent, for Alex Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 298September 6, 2021 7:55 PM

Honestly, people--SKY-on, SIGH-on, etc. Webster's online dictionary has a little speaker icon right near the definition. You click on it and a voice gives the correct pronunciation of the word.

by Anonymousreply 299September 6, 2021 7:59 PM

R295, the Murdaughs had property and money. Dealers would go after that first.

by Anonymousreply 300September 6, 2021 8:01 PM

Exactly my point, R300. The children of people like Alex Murdaugh run up drug debts and get in trouble because they don’t have access to funds.

Alex Murdaugh didn’t have that problem. He had millions of dollars at his disposal, and once he’s mortgaged himself to the hilt, he had lots of money held in escrow for law clients he could have dipped into, which is how most lawyers get in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 301September 6, 2021 8:05 PM

I read a comment in the comment section of a news article on this saying Alex was in a Snapchat video of Paul’s moments before the shootings and people around town have seen it…any confirmation on this or just a rumor?

Him resigning from his law firm seems to indicate he knows he is about to be arrested and needs to protect the firm other family members are part of.

by Anonymousreply 302September 6, 2021 8:15 PM

Alex Murdaugh is showing himself to be, to say the least, quite messy.

I will no longer be surprised to hear anything about him, including that he killed his own family.

by Anonymousreply 303September 6, 2021 8:17 PM

Jonah Hill as Pa Murdaugh? Does Jonah Hill have the acting chops for this role?

by Anonymousreply 304September 6, 2021 8:17 PM

I can play Mallory Beach!

Everyone tells me I look like her twin. Only alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 6, 2021 8:21 PM

So, Timmay called him out about his stash so he put a few rounds in him. Maw was a witness, so he shot her.

Was the head grazing a bad deal? Will police recover a gun because it's self inflicted?

by Anonymousreply 306September 6, 2021 8:30 PM

Previously it was stated that Paul's apt/dorm room was entered the day after the murders and that there are cameras on the premises. I wonder who SLED saw on those videos.

by Anonymousreply 307September 6, 2021 8:35 PM

He may be going into rehab partly to hide from those trying to kill him

by Anonymousreply 308September 6, 2021 8:38 PM

Imagine the mob/press canvassing rehabs to find a ginger junkie..... "The fat one?"

by Anonymousreply 309September 6, 2021 9:27 PM

He can't R298

by Anonymousreply 310September 6, 2021 9:32 PM

Dude shot himself and is claiming a drug addiction to get out of filing a false report or whatever.

Who has a photo of his mistress? I want to see!

by Anonymousreply 311September 6, 2021 9:35 PM

Him calling his attorney is a no brainer. WHO wouldn't? ALWAYS protect your own ass and call for backup first. You only get one call at the jail, if you call your atty before you get arrested you're bailed out MUCH quicker. Mafia tactic.

by Anonymousreply 312September 6, 2021 9:40 PM

Oh, is Randy his personal attorney, I didn’t know that?

by Anonymousreply 313September 6, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote] He may be going into rehab partly to hide from those trying to kill him

Rehab doesn't have security

by Anonymousreply 314September 6, 2021 9:44 PM

R287- No. The hospital would have given him a drink. Beer is available thru the cafeteria for patients that are admitted alcoholics or show signs. No need for him to have declared his need for rehab. If anything, people wouldn't shame him for it, it'd be like "well OF COURSE he's gonna start hitting the bottle". This is SC - it's very old school here.

by Anonymousreply 315September 6, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] It doesn't sound like he's hurt too badly. The shooters may have killed his car, but they left him alive. b. He sounds guilty.

One paper called his wounds, "superficial"

He was grazed. He faked it

by Anonymousreply 316September 6, 2021 9:49 PM

As I said on another thread, there's a possibility that the new shooting was done by someone uninvolved with the first, done by someone on his enemies list who was taking advantage of the situation. Because if you want to shoot someone, why not wait until the police are hushing up evidence about him and his network of crime???

But if he's suddenly pushing a story about opiate addiction and rehab, that makes me think he did it. It's the old OJ defense, "huge drug cartel with countless hit men who can never possibly be identified did it". He'll want everyone to think that it was anonymous career criminals, not a family member or someone they personally fucked over.

by Anonymousreply 317September 6, 2021 9:53 PM

I am wondering if he might be suicidal at this point.

by Anonymousreply 318September 6, 2021 10:04 PM

Would he be that fat if he's on opiates?

by Anonymousreply 319September 6, 2021 10:21 PM

websleuth cunts, go off and die.

by Anonymousreply 320September 6, 2021 10:23 PM

What's going on with the other son? Someone upthread alluded to him having a security team 24/7?

by Anonymousreply 321September 6, 2021 10:26 PM

Yes, he likes to keep his bodyguards close. About 7-9 inches inside him.

by Anonymousreply 322September 6, 2021 10:52 PM

It's Buster.

by Anonymousreply 323September 6, 2021 10:53 PM

OK, How do you graze yourself with a gun? The margin for error must be very high unless you aim for the ear.

by Anonymousreply 324September 6, 2021 10:56 PM

R321 Lol, I was alluding to this notorious photo of Buster from Facebook surround by his Black hunting friends and saying he’d hired them as bodyguards and sleeping buddies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 6, 2021 10:57 PM

I still think he was wearing body armor and bullets bounced off and grazed his head.

by Anonymousreply 326September 6, 2021 10:58 PM

So it's Sigh-UN, like Kim-Jong-UN?

by Anonymousreply 327September 6, 2021 10:58 PM

^Sigh-on, both syllables accented approximately equally, but probably heavier on the first one. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 328September 6, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote]He may be going into rehab partly to hide from those trying to kill him

Yes, in the same sense OJ Simpson was going to golf courses to find the real killers.

by Anonymousreply 329September 6, 2021 11:22 PM

Like OR-gun or Or-uh-gun

by Anonymousreply 330September 6, 2021 11:22 PM

Fucking hell, HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 6, 2021 11:22 PM

There's no way he planned to give himself a non-dangerous head wound with an actual gun, or trusted an associate to do so. Even a tiny nick with a bullet wound can cause a skull fracture or an internal bleed just from the force of the strike, and there's a couple of milimeters's difference between a fatal head wound and a total miss, and there's no way in hell a person who was trying to stage a shooting himself would be able to aim at his own head with the required degree of accuracy. If he'd wanted to be able to show the police a non-fatal wound, it's infinitely safer to go for a body or extremity shot.

So if the whole scene was staged, and I'm not convinced of that, then the minor head wound had to be accidental (but convenient), like the bullet ricocheted off of something while the car was being shot. If it was staged I think he had an accomplice, because how would he be able to stage it convincingly? How would he know that nobody else would drive along? What does he do with the gun after he's shot holes in the car, and given himself a nick to make it look convincing? But I also think it's possible that another of his enemies took a shot at him, while he was busy destroying every bit of evidence against himself that existed.

by Anonymousreply 332September 6, 2021 11:26 PM

FFS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 6, 2021 11:26 PM

"^The thing is, if Paw Murdaugh paid some rednecks to do this for money, he is now their SLAVE."

Not if Randy knows some professionals who can take care of the rednecks. Who care of a couple of rednecks are found dead in a smoking remains of a meth lab? It wouldn't even make the papers.

by Anonymousreply 334September 6, 2021 11:31 PM

Depends who they make meth for. If they're in cahoots with the cartels, game over.

by Anonymousreply 335September 6, 2021 11:42 PM

He could've driven out there to kill himself and then flinched at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 336September 6, 2021 11:46 PM

^I agree 100%. I think that's EXACTLY what's going on here. They put him in that horsepittal over in Savannah, 'n' he started havin the HEEBIE-JEEBIES from not having access to his dope pills. He's FUCT.

by Anonymousreply 337September 6, 2021 11:48 PM

^ The tide went out, and HUNDREDS of those little, black, pluff-mud crabs started crawling up out of that hospital bed, all over his pathetic, bloated, bleached-white flab, and he started screaming his ass off...THAT'S what happened to Paw Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 338September 6, 2021 11:53 PM

Suicide attempt sounds plausible. He's really falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 339September 6, 2021 11:58 PM

R336 People like this don’t commit suicide.

Is it possible he tried to graze himself with something like a bb gun? It is also possible he just cut himself and said he was shot at. The police have not said much, seems to be coming from him and his lawyer.

No one is dumb enough to shot themselves in the head, but plenty of people are dumb enough to try and make it though less fatal means. Especially someone who is probably addicted to drugs and spiraling due to a murder investigation.

I think he shot up his car, then cut himself on his temple, and said he was grazed by a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 340September 6, 2021 11:59 PM

R340 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 341September 7, 2021 12:02 AM

He resigned from his firm and is checking into rehab. Someone upthread said it might have been a drug deal gone bad and they may be right.

by Anonymousreply 342September 7, 2021 12:40 AM

Wouldn’t it be a kick if Buster was the mastermind behind all this chaos?

by Anonymousreply 343September 7, 2021 1:05 AM

r292 That's Anthony Cook, Mallory Beach's boyfriend, definitely NOT Paul. Nothing can "neutralize" his level of ugly.

by Anonymousreply 344September 7, 2021 1:07 AM

We all learned from Jon-Erik Hexum that the gun doesn't even have to be loaded to cause a fatal head wound.... You don't play around with shots to the head.

by Anonymousreply 345September 7, 2021 1:07 AM

Alex is in Deep Shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 7, 2021 1:08 AM

I want to know where Pastor Davey was this whole time?

by Anonymousreply 347September 7, 2021 1:10 AM

The NYTimes is reporting the embezzlement, too.

Holy shit, this guy is in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 348September 7, 2021 1:15 AM

This case is insane.

by Anonymousreply 349September 7, 2021 1:16 AM

The New York Times is reporting that he was fired the day before the, ur, "shooting" for stealing millions of dollars from the law firm.

This story just gets messier by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 350September 7, 2021 1:18 AM

A person on Reddit pointed out that it's telling that the firm went to the NYT with the story. Someone is finally done with the local yokel establishment.

by Anonymousreply 351September 7, 2021 1:20 AM

Who's going to adopt Buster?

by Anonymousreply 352September 7, 2021 1:21 AM

So, he probably killed his wife and son? Faked a shooting? Blowing through money with an opiate addiction.

Any other theories?

by Anonymousreply 353September 7, 2021 1:22 AM

The fact that the law firm gave the story to the NYT and not a local paper (with sources) means they are OVER Alex. They want him destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 354September 7, 2021 1:23 AM

*popcorn eating gif*

Ronan Farrow must be miffed they didn't come to him so he could cosplay Truman Capote with this story.

by Anonymousreply 355September 7, 2021 1:26 AM

I ❤️ you, SylviaFowler.

by Anonymousreply 356September 7, 2021 1:35 AM

So he had to kill the son and wife before grandpa died, something about estate planning and inheritance. Was he going to use that $ to pay back the firm? The property was in Maggie’s name? And they had left Hampton to move to the beach. I thought maybe it was because of Covid times and empty nest, but maybe it was some financial fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 357September 7, 2021 1:37 AM

I think he’s going to off himself like that Dulos creep did.

by Anonymousreply 358September 7, 2021 1:38 AM

R344 Nope, that’s Paul he was the only one half naked. And if you watch the video someone comes and offers him a coat because he’s shirtless, and then at the end Eric identifies him as Paul and that it’s dash cam footage.

by Anonymousreply 359September 7, 2021 1:38 AM

So the fact that this is a long holiday weekend makes sense for this to happen as a longer cushion of time to have been under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 360September 7, 2021 1:43 AM

^Yes, under the radar...LOL...only reported in the insignificant NYTimes front page, which NO ONE WHO'S ANYONE in SC will EVER see (because they are ALL functionally illiterate.). Yeah....

by Anonymousreply 361September 7, 2021 2:01 AM

It's being reported that Alex stole EIGHT figures from the firm.

It was a very successful firm, but it would not have kept that much money on hand for itself. Partners at law firms want the money disbursed to them, not sitting in the bank.

So it probably came mainly out of escrow accounts being held for clients.

This is some Erika James shit.

by Anonymousreply 362September 7, 2021 2:18 AM

This is definitely going to be made into a movie.

by Anonymousreply 363September 7, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote]Who's going to adopt Buster?

Buster is busy getting a Jack of Spades tattoo

by Anonymousreply 364September 7, 2021 2:29 AM

Woody Harrelson IS Alex Murdaugh! He's already gaining weight for the role

by Anonymousreply 365September 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Michael Cera for Paul/Timmy, Tori Spelling for Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 366September 7, 2021 2:35 AM

These swamp people make Kim Jong Un's family seem tightly knit and functional.

by Anonymousreply 367September 7, 2021 2:36 AM

This will be the greatest true crime story of this decade. Just as interesting as the Hernandez story....

by Anonymousreply 368September 7, 2021 2:39 AM

Now Im wondering if someone offed wife and ugly son to send him a message ? Wow,this story is the gift that never stops giving !

by Anonymousreply 369September 7, 2021 2:39 AM

There are so many stories besides the mom and son murders. How much were they insured for? Are the Murdaugh properties morgaged to the hilt? How much is owed to drug dealers?The gay murdered young man had blue paint chips on him that matched the Murdaugh boys dune buggy, had defensive wounds on his hands and a hole behind one ear. That's from CNN. Yet it was reported he was hit by a car? So many questions about the dad changing a tire on his Mercedes SUV in the middle of the night? And getting shot in the head superficially? Now he's out of a job and in rehab? There's the 500,000 dollars paid for his housekeepers slip znd fall? I won't be suprised by anything that comes out.4

by Anonymousreply 370September 7, 2021 2:41 AM

It was a suicide attempt. Hence the visit to "rehab".

by Anonymousreply 371September 7, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote]Just as interesting as the Hernandez story....

I think it is MUCH more interesting. So many more people killed. And so messy.

Although no *cute* son in his undies.

by Anonymousreply 372September 7, 2021 3:06 AM

Woody Harrelson as Pa Goop as Ma

by Anonymousreply 373September 7, 2021 3:31 AM

R373 everyone stopped playing that game already

by Anonymousreply 374September 7, 2021 3:33 AM

Hardly, r374

by Anonymousreply 375September 7, 2021 3:35 AM

Dick Cheney shot him!

by Anonymousreply 376September 7, 2021 3:46 AM

Did he get angry at his car and shoot it thereby injuring himself with a ricochet bullet?

It's odd they stressed the shooters saw him, made a u turn, drove back, and shot at him.

by Anonymousreply 377September 7, 2021 3:50 AM

Eight figures? What the hell did an already wealthy man need that kind of money for?

by Anonymousreply 378September 7, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]If someone truly wanted him dead, they'd have done it already.

What a stupid thing to say.

It isn’t in dispute that a lot of people truly wanted AM dead.

Turns out it isn’t relevant, though. These crimes will all turn out to be Alex’s doings.

by Anonymousreply 379September 7, 2021 4:02 AM

How does one steal eight figures from a law firm? Do they have no accounting safeguards? Do they not have a financial officer and auditors? something stinks in that firm, also.

by Anonymousreply 380September 7, 2021 4:14 AM

Alex will snuff himself by the end of the month. All the property will be sold to recover the theft, the insurance money that Buster will be the sole beneficiary of will be awarded in the civil suits filed against the estate, leaving Buster penniless. He won't be able to take the downgrade in social status, and he'll off himself before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 381September 7, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]How does one steal eight figures from a law firm? Do they have no accounting safeguards?

Having been a partner at a large law firm (larger than the one in question), it would be not-impossible to steal the money in the short term.

But it would catch up with you, as you would probably be stealing from escrow-type accounts that would eventually need to be disbursed.

You would never steal large amounts from operating funds, as that would be noticed.

So maybe Alex stole funds earlier this year on the misguided notion that they wouldn't be missed before he paid them back.

by Anonymousreply 382September 7, 2021 4:20 AM

This is beginning to resemble a two-part Columbo if there ever was a two-part Columbo. But there is one one-part which is spot on. It's the one where Jackie Cooper plays a politician suspected of murder who tries to get out of it by staging a fake assassination on himself.

by Anonymousreply 383September 7, 2021 4:21 AM

I think he was stealing from his law firm to pay a blackmailer- someone who helped him kill his wife and son.

by Anonymousreply 384September 7, 2021 4:35 AM

He was a dope fiend. That’s probably expensive.

by Anonymousreply 385September 7, 2021 4:36 AM

Thdy couldn't afford tires that never go flat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 7, 2021 4:43 AM

I've been following these stories from the very beginning, but I know that not everybody has.

Here's a timeline of the salient points and relevant events that have led us to where we are now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 7, 2021 4:57 AM

Quote: "Why would you take the long, less traveled, rural route?"

To avoid cameras and witnesses as you shoot your tire out?

If this saga had not attracted the national attention of media he would have gotten away this. That is still possible. I find it interesting that he left his law firm. Did they push him out? If so, why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 7, 2021 5:03 AM

The Law Firm partners allegedly had millions of reasons to push him out.

by Anonymousreply 389September 7, 2021 5:14 AM

His brother Randy is one the law firm partners.

by Anonymousreply 390September 7, 2021 5:27 AM

I’d like to point out that I called the embezzlement at R301… it’s the only thing that make sense, other than the drug angle.

by Anonymousreply 391September 7, 2021 5:44 AM

I'm hard pressed to think of any wealthy family that is as battered by the ugly stick as these folks. I have to think there was inbreeding going on. The father and the older son I can barely look at, they're so hideous. The boat killer kid isn't bad, but he was likely three years away from starting to look like a goon himself.

Usually, when you hear of a rich white kid doing something like drunk driving a boat and killing someone, or beating his girlfriend, when you see him he's HOT. Not so much in this case. 18-25 year old white rich boys are almost automatically hot. I guess because the dad with money can marry an attractive woman. In this case, something went very wrong with the genes.

Hoo faa, these people are coyote ugly.

by Anonymousreply 392September 7, 2021 5:49 AM

OK, they're all lawyers; how many extra shortages did they pile on the ginger junkie?

by Anonymousreply 393September 7, 2021 5:51 AM

I just realized that I have spent time in Savannah and the SC beach communities, Parris Island, etc. I lived in Atlanta at the time and visited friends who moved there. Gorgeous area. Savannah is picture post card beautiful with the live moss growing on trees, and charm exuding everywhere. TV cook Paula Dean lives in Savannah. This murder case promises to one of the all time most intriguing coming out of this area. They should be protecting the poor opiate riddled crook lawyer so they can actually have a trial. Otherwise one of the locals will off him for good!

by Anonymousreply 394September 7, 2021 5:56 AM

[Quote]His brother Randy is one the law firm partners.

Recall that Randy approached Stephen Smith's mother pro bono representation which baffled her and the rest of the family because he was a homicide victim who died under mysterious circumstances. Why would they need representation a WTF did a MURDAUGH suddenly come out of the woodwork. It's all coming together. The enabling family, the addict scion, a recently dead patriarch, Paul/Timmy who is more valuable dead than alive, the wife who always gets in the fucking way, life insurance payoffs, yak, yak, yak.

Who would have thought it would unfold this way?

I'm wondering if Stephen's rich new dating daddy was a fellow addict/"friend" of Alex's or a wealthy supplier and they both needed to rid intermediary small time dealer Stephen who may have threatened exposure. He played with fire in Low Country and had to be eliminated. Enabler Randy there to sweep up by offering free legal services to a seemingly unrelated murder victim's mother. So convenient...

by Anonymousreply 395September 7, 2021 6:20 AM

^ OFFERING pro bono representation.

by Anonymousreply 396September 7, 2021 6:25 AM

None of this adds up.

I know lawyers who have embezzled funds. None of them have done it to this extent.

Either this was a long-going scheme that just got discovered or there is something else going on.

It just doesn’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 397September 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Don't these people ever watch TV? When does staging another crime to cover up for a previous crime EVER work? When is that NOT an automatic ticket to prison? It's what Charles Manson tried! The Tate murders were supposed to be a cover for the Hinman murder, which may have been a cover for the Crowe shooting.

For a wealthy lawyer, this man is DUMB.

by Anonymousreply 398September 7, 2021 6:33 AM

When did Randy know about the embezzlement at the law firm? Did he force his brother out?

by Anonymousreply 399September 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Why, this plot is just getting thicker than molasses! My very nerves!

Jamal, bud, you up? I need some calmin'!

by Anonymousreply 400September 7, 2021 6:40 AM

I doubt eight figures went toward his alleged opioid addiction. He was probably laundering money using the firm's accounts. Time ran out, he got caught, the wife and son ended up dead, he attempted suicide rather than face jail or whoever owns him now (the mob, a cartel... who knows).

by Anonymousreply 401September 7, 2021 6:43 AM

[Quote]For a wealthy lawyer, this man is DUMB.

Lots of very smart people do very stupid things in service of their addictions.

by Anonymousreply 402September 7, 2021 6:44 AM

The most egregious crime here may be that people are referring to the University in Columbia as "USC"

by Anonymousreply 403September 7, 2021 6:46 AM

Those investigators at SLED have to be walking around with a constant boner. Crime of the decade!

by Anonymousreply 404September 7, 2021 6:52 AM

Man, the Netflix miniseries is going to be lit!

by Anonymousreply 405September 7, 2021 6:56 AM

Alex is protected from arrest while he is in rehab.

by Anonymousreply 406September 7, 2021 7:17 AM

Alex acting like a very guilty man. Cluck, cluck! Chickens coming home to roost.

Can you spend that much money on opioids?

Money-laundering. Now there’s an idea.

by Anonymousreply 407September 7, 2021 7:48 AM

Wow, the craziness of this story just won’t quit.

by Anonymousreply 408September 7, 2021 7:55 AM

It's going to get really good when the work week starts later this morning.

by Anonymousreply 409September 7, 2021 8:18 AM

the plot thickens!

but with this new development of his firm accusing him of stealing money, I expect a lot more information will be revealed soon, the double murder case suddenly looks very promising to be solved, my only worry is the local law enforcement, are they competent enough to solve it or do they even want to?

by Anonymousreply 410September 7, 2021 10:28 AM

If his firm has lost any fear of him, a lot of Law Enforcement will too. Except for those who are implicated in any crimes he may end up being accused of.

by Anonymousreply 411September 7, 2021 10:36 AM

Um...Ryan Murphy? You need to get the FUCK on this. Fuck Clinton/Lewinsky

by Anonymousreply 412September 7, 2021 11:03 AM

Yes, a lot of people are implicated in Murdaugh malfeasance, R411. Alex could not have misappropriated millions of dollars from his law firm without inside help, and local police officers may have suppressed evidence in two of the earlier deaths, and possibly in the deaths of Alex's wife and his son.

by Anonymousreply 413September 7, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote] Who the hell gets themselves shot in the HEAD to throw off suspicion?!

Yeah, especially if the guy you hire ain’t that great of a shot. Not a lot of room for margin of error there. That would seem like a bone headed idea with a high degree that things could go horribly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 414September 7, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote] bone headed

Obviously what saved him.

by Anonymousreply 415September 7, 2021 12:21 PM

Maybe his wife and kid were murdered by drug people, the bound aspect points in that direction. So they're sending him a message. Or he hired someone to kill them.

Isn't his brother a lawyer with the same firm?

by Anonymousreply 416September 7, 2021 12:41 PM

Buster's eventual ghost written tell all will keep him in BBC

by Anonymousreply 417September 7, 2021 12:50 PM

I still think killing Paul was revenge for Mallory’s death and the mother was collateral because she came out with her cell phone/flashlight to see what was going on.

Paw, knowing that his law firm was checking the books, faked a shooting and one of the bullets ricocheted and grazed his head. To gain time? sympathy? who knows. He should be on a suicide watch at rehab because at this point, an OD would solve his problems. And if he died, the investigation into the first shooting would be allowed to lapse.

I can’t remember if I saw it on the fitsnews website or the Beaufort kid’s video but I saw the three oil portraits of the heads of the family/law firm. Great grandfather, grandfather, father (who recently died). They all had a similar look, patrician, capable, intelligent. (Granted they were paintings not photographs). Now look at Alex. Eyes like black holes, lantern jaw. He just looks like a fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 418September 7, 2021 12:59 PM

Did I read somewhere that he was shot across from a church?

I can imagine a scene in an HBO drama where a drug-addicted god-bothering murderer, a former pillar of the community, decides to evade the closing police net by dramatically shooting themselves in front of a house of God. I can also imagine him/her being so addled by addiction that he fails to carry out the act effectively.

by Anonymousreply 419September 7, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote]18-25 year old white rich boys are almost automatically hot.

We'd like a word.

by Anonymousreply 420September 7, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]The most egregious crime here may be that people are referring to the University in Columbia as "USC"

University of South Carolina: Founded in 1801.

University of Southern California: Founded in 1880.

They had the acronym first.

by Anonymousreply 421September 7, 2021 1:28 PM

R336 has the right idea. Attempted suicide and flinched at the last minute.

Makes sense with the ridiculous head wound, the embezzlement looming, the drug problems, and whatever else he had to do with the family murders. He may not have done it, but I suspect he knows who did.

Once he lost the law firm, he lost control of the kingdom. That includes the people investigating him and the murders.

Suicide.

by Anonymousreply 422September 7, 2021 2:30 PM

Did he get a flat tire on purpose or was he just changing the tire because he could?

by Anonymousreply 423September 7, 2021 2:33 PM

R423

It's possible he flattened the tire AFTER the botched suicide attempt to support a new scenario - and the story he told - of being attacked.

by Anonymousreply 424September 7, 2021 2:41 PM

Weren't there bullet holes in the car? One of the stories linked upthread mentions a "slice" to a tire, but that it's unconfirmed by LE. Maybe the air compressor couldn't keep up with the leak and he had to pull over.

by Anonymousreply 425September 7, 2021 2:48 PM

It's from the NYT article. Griffin is Murdaugh's lawyer.

[Quote]Mr. Murdaugh’s account of the shooting remained the same, Mr. Griffin said: Someone had driven by in a truck as he was changing a tire, then driven back around and asked if he was having car trouble. The next thing Mr. Murdaugh heard was a gunshot, Mr. Griffin said. Mr. Griffin said state law enforcement authorities had told him that no weapon had been found at the scene and that there was a slice in one of Mr. Murdaugh’s tires, details that Mr. Crosby would not confirm.

by Anonymousreply 426September 7, 2021 2:56 PM

This case just keeps on giving. I always thought it was the Dad - none of that business made any sense, how he just happened across the killings 30 minutes later, why the fuck those two (and not the other son) were at a hunting lodge in the heat of summer with no intention of hunting.

Do you think he was going to take the money and...flee the country?

And I don't think he has an opioid addiction - it's just to buy time. And yes, I think he has a mistress.

I feel sorry for Buster - the other surviving son. This is some fucked up shit for anyone to have to deal with - losing your mom, brother and now your Dad is going off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 427September 7, 2021 3:02 PM

R425, In the drone video, there were shell casings around the car with little evidence markers. From other photos, I didn’t see any bullet holes in the car itself. But that doesn’t mean there weren’t any.

by Anonymousreply 428September 7, 2021 3:14 PM

The firm ran and told SLED about the firing & embezzlement as soon as they heard about Alex's "shooting," according to Island Packet.

"Griffin said that on Saturday, members of the Murdaugh law firm had gone to a rural Hampton County road where Alex Murdaugh had reported being shot. At that scene, Murdaugh law firm members talked to State Law Enforcement Division agents and told them about the missing money at their law firm, Griffin said."

by Anonymousreply 429September 7, 2021 3:20 PM

I think Alex was being blackmailed by whomever he hired to do this hit on his wife and Timmy.

And he botched the suicide attempt and they air lifted him and kept him in the hospital for two days, despite no major injury, because it was a psych hold.

His lawyer is actually working against him and with the other partners at his (former) firm and that's how they knew to show up, where to show up and staged the "attempted murder" afterwards, including slashing his tire. They don't want him to try to get off on a temporary insanity defense.

by Anonymousreply 430September 7, 2021 3:38 PM

I'm speculating that Alex was taking pressed fentanyl pills. They're pill usually manufactured in China or Mexico made to look like 30mg Oxycontin pills. They're more powerful than Oxy, more powerful than heroin. Once you're addicted, you'll do anything to get them. It becomes a biological imperative. You'll start doing things you would never have imagined you would do. And, they are expensive.

Also, they place you in a kind of numb fog. You can still function and appear kinda normal, but your brain becomes way fucked up in terms of your judgement. Someone asked above if someone so fat could be on opiates- absolutely. Opiates, for some people, make them enjoy their food much more.

There is no way to get off fentanyl without Suboxone. I imagine that is what Alex is being given this very moment. He may be in rapid detox, where they knock you out with benzos, then give you narcan, which strips the opioids from the receptors, and you go through withdrawal while unconscious without realizing it. When you wake up, you're detoxed, and out of the fog. I have a feeling when Alex wakes up, no longer in that insane opiate fog, it will be a scary, sobering moment for him.

by Anonymousreply 431September 7, 2021 4:19 PM

R431 - Bless your heart for believing him. Why would you believe him so quickly?

He's feeling the walls closing in - and now - when the shootout didn't go the way he did, he's now saying he's an addict.

This belittles addiction.

by Anonymousreply 432September 7, 2021 4:34 PM

He’s obviously a drinker. But I don’t get opiate vibes from him. I wonder if “rehab” is a ruse to give him a chance to flee the country.

Where is the money? Already stashed in another country?

by Anonymousreply 433September 7, 2021 4:36 PM

R430, so you think the attempted murder story came from the law firm and not Alex’s feverish brain? Interesting.

And by the way— this bitch couldn’t off himself in a private location like a decent person? I do think he went there to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 434September 7, 2021 4:39 PM

All kinds of people get into opiates. I took Percocet after surgery and I could instantly see how you'd want more and more.

by Anonymousreply 435September 7, 2021 4:43 PM

As always, follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 436September 7, 2021 4:46 PM

[quote]why the fuck those two (and not the other son) were at a hunting lodge in the heat of summer with no intention of hunting.

This was not a rustic shack with duck carcasses hanging from the walls. This was a large, second (or third) home in the country.

[quote]so you think the attempted murder story came from the law firm and not Alex’s feverish brain? Interesting.

Actually, sorta stupid, as Alex had already called 911. And Alex's law firm is not going to want to seem in cahoots with Alex's crimes after he stole millions of dollars from their clients. They are going to worried about their own liability, not his.

by Anonymousreply 437September 7, 2021 4:49 PM

I think Alex shot a rifle into the air, which is why the casing were on the road, not through the car.

What I'm not sure of is how the weapon was disposed of. Maybe Randy swung by to get it.

by Anonymousreply 438September 7, 2021 4:51 PM

Are we predicting that he'll flee into the great unknown now?

by Anonymousreply 439September 7, 2021 4:57 PM

We don’t know which members of PMPED arrived at the “shooting” scene to fill the cops in on the embezzlement. It’s possible that senior partners heard about it and raced there. Or perhaps a lower-level employee heard something on a police scanner and decided they’d mosey on over and let it slip.

I’d imagine that senior partners would want to keep it as quiet as possible.

by Anonymousreply 440September 7, 2021 5:06 PM

There’s video of lots of cars at the scene. They can’t all be undercover investigators. I’m sure someone recognized a car or two.

by Anonymousreply 441September 7, 2021 5:07 PM

I find it implausible that partners at this law firm would need to flag down a police car at a crime scene to get information to LE.

They would have the head of police and the DA's office on speed-dial. That way, it could be anonymous, too.

by Anonymousreply 442September 7, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]There’s video of lots of cars at the scene.

In their usual slipshod way, I don't think SC LE was careful to seal off the crime scene from people.

There is a video on Reddit of them waving through crime-tourists wanting to get a look at Alex's car. The car could be rolling over evidence on the shoulder of the road.

by Anonymousreply 443September 7, 2021 5:11 PM

I predict a suicide.

Only one that works this time.

by Anonymousreply 444September 7, 2021 5:12 PM

The hits keep on coming. What did Miss Maggie know and when did she know it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445September 7, 2021 5:28 PM

R432 This whole story made very little sense to me. But when I heard opiates were involved, it actually became crystal clear. I believe he is knee deep in fent. As many people from all walks of life down that way are.

Oh, but the way, fuck you for the condescending, snotty way you responded to my post. It's fine to counter my opinion, but that was weird an uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 446September 7, 2021 5:36 PM

Wouldn’t Maggie’s request for a forensic accounting of his assets be a prelude to divorce?

by Anonymousreply 447September 7, 2021 5:40 PM

Yes, that was my first thought. She was going to divorce him.

by Anonymousreply 448September 7, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]Wouldn’t Maggie’s request for a forensic accounting of his assets be a prelude to divorce?

Well, in this case, murder.

by Anonymousreply 449September 7, 2021 6:00 PM

Well, now we have our motive as to why Maggie was killed.

She was going to uncover Alex's crimes. Well, one of them.

by Anonymousreply 450September 7, 2021 6:01 PM

My speculation is that Alex had planned his disappearance as his name was soon to be struck from the rolls of the South Carolina Bar.

He drove to a desolate area, shot up the Benz, planning to make look like a kidnapping/murder, when a ricochet hit him in that big ole potato head. He panicked and called 911.

That's why the partners went to the scene.

by Anonymousreply 451September 7, 2021 6:06 PM

Maggie hired a forensic accountant, not a regular accountant, so she was looking for how much fraud Alex was committing, not just how much money they really had.

I suspect it was in preparation for a divorce.

Alex would be so well connected with forensic accountants in the area for his clients, I bet one of them tipped him off.

by Anonymousreply 452September 7, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote]He drove to a desolate area, shot up the Benz,

The Benz wasn't shot up though. It was a new car, I bet he couldn't bring himself to ruin it-- even for an alibi.

So he (maybe) smashed out a window and slashed a tired. Both would be cheap to repair. And then fired the rifle into the air, allowing the casings to drop to the road.

by Anonymousreply 453September 7, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote]Woody Harrelson as Pa Goop as Ma

The obvious choice for Randy and Maggie Murdaugh are the Jesse Plemonses. I know Kiki is only 40, but she can pass for a rich, well-preserved 50.

Make it happen, FX!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 7, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote]Make it happen, FX!

This has to be HBO.

by Anonymousreply 455September 7, 2021 6:15 PM

The gunshot situation happened around 1:30p on Saturday, and by Tuesday morning, he was discharged from the hospital and was in rehab. I know that hospitals these days like to shove patients out the door ASAP but a gunshot wound to the head? Must've been a simple grazing. He totally did that to himself.

I've seen no APBs out re: the alleged truck or shooters.

by Anonymousreply 456September 7, 2021 6:15 PM

Needs to be HBO and Cary Fukunaga (True Detective Season 1) needs to direct it.

They will never find actors ugly enough to play these people though. Even the homeliest actor that I can think of (Buscemi) has more sex appeal than the Murdaughs.

by Anonymousreply 457September 7, 2021 6:17 PM

Chris Burke, who played Corky on "Life Goes On," could easily play Alex Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 458September 7, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]They will never find actors ugly enough to play these people though. Even the homeliest actor that I can think of (Buscemi) has more sex appeal than the Murdaughs.

The people they cast have to be at least fuckable, or else no one will watch it. In Hollywood, even the "average-looking" character actors are good-looking compared to real people.

by Anonymousreply 459September 7, 2021 6:29 PM

John C. Reilly?

by Anonymousreply 460September 7, 2021 6:48 PM

Ross Matthews for the dad.

by Anonymousreply 461September 7, 2021 6:59 PM

Good choice for Alex, r460! All he'd need is a red dye job.

by Anonymousreply 462September 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Isn’t the hunting lodge for sale? I remember reading that around the time Paul & his mother were shot. There were lots of photos of the land and outbuildings but I don’t remember any of the interior.

At any rate, the father was trying to raise cash to pay back the law firm before word got out?

by Anonymousreply 463September 7, 2021 7:23 PM

He's immensely sorry, I'm sure. How many people has his family caused the demise of? The young woman whose corpse floated for a week in the lake she was thrown into by the drunken son Paul? The housekeeper that Paul pushed down the stairs of their mansion, causing her death? The young man that was so afraid of the Murdaugh's that he texted his sister he would hide in the woods after his car was disabled because he was so fearful of them and was found dead in that same road? How many more do we not know should be attributed to this family that was above our laws for generations?

The deaths of his wife and son, are those murders the result of more Murdaugh insolence to everything sacred? Murdaugh's alibi, after finding them dead, is that he was at the hospital visiting his soon to be dead father. Who reconstructed the timeline of their deaths? How long were they dead before Murdaugh called 911? Beside being a substance and alcohol addict, he had embezzled millions from the family's law firm. How superficial was the gunshot to his head that he suffered on a road that every locals says was the long way to where he was going? I'll bet it was a small caliber bullet that grazed him, unlike the large caliber bullets that his wife & son were slaughtered with.

I hope SLED can uncover the truth. There are so many in that state that have covered it up for that family for generations. I still get chills when the boyfriend of the girl killed after being thrown off the Murdaugh boat, screams at whomever is questioning him, when he states he begged Paul to let him drive, over and over and that Paul would get away with the murder. He screams "Why are you laughing? My girlfriend is dead!" I want to know, who was laughing? What police investigator laughed. What department refused to administer breathalyzers, why did it take so long to even attempt to question the other boat riders? This whole family stinks to high heaven. Hopefully no more people will be harmed before it's over.

by Anonymousreply 464September 7, 2021 7:33 PM

VERY good point, R456. The cops must know that Paw's story is 100 percent bullshit. They already know.

by Anonymousreply 465September 7, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote]The housekeeper that Paul pushed down the stairs of their mansion, causing her death? The young man that was so afraid of the Murdaugh's that he texted his sister he would hide in the woods after his car was disabled because he was so fearful of them and was found dead in that same road?

I must have missed this? Was this family some kind of Confederate cartel? Why did the kid push a housekeeper down the stairs and what young man?

by Anonymousreply 466September 7, 2021 7:37 PM

Cameron Monaghan for Paul

by Anonymousreply 467September 7, 2021 8:08 PM

Margo Martindale as Mama!

by Anonymousreply 468September 7, 2021 8:16 PM

[Quote]The housekeeper that Paul pushed down the stairs of their mansion, causing her death?

After all that's come out, can we rule out troublesome Paul for this? Paw paw Alex may have used his ne'er do well, then teen age son as a springboard for a town rumor to deflect attention from his guilty ass and a fling with a maid who threatened to reveal? A very convenient rumor. Dysfunctional families have scapegoats and Paul/Timmy forever acting out was an obvious choice.

by Anonymousreply 469September 7, 2021 8:41 PM

So Alex killed his wife and son to slow the financial revelations?

by Anonymousreply 470September 7, 2021 9:05 PM

May I ask for a summary of the story so far? I've just started reading about this and it's insane.

by Anonymousreply 471September 7, 2021 9:20 PM

The timeline r347 linked is a good starting point

by Anonymousreply 472September 7, 2021 9:24 PM

Sorry that was r387’s link above

by Anonymousreply 473September 7, 2021 9:25 PM

The show that seems the most natural home for this whole sordid story would have been the Paul Winfield narrated "City Confidential."

As one person put it: "The original narrator, the legendary Paul Winfield, almost had a gleeful schadenfreude as he described haughty towns suddenly forced to face ugly facts,” MSNBS’s Gael Fashingbauer Cooper wrote in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 474September 7, 2021 9:37 PM

Yes, Margo Martindale as Maggie! But you know it will be Sarah Paulson, as Ryan Murphy will grab this one.

by Anonymousreply 475September 7, 2021 9:40 PM

Thank you, R472

by Anonymousreply 476September 7, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote]Ryan Murphy will grab this one.

Let's hope not.

by Anonymousreply 477September 7, 2021 9:42 PM

Agreed R477!

by Anonymousreply 478September 7, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]when you hear of a rich white kid doing something like drunk driving a boat and killing someone, or beating his girlfriend, [bold]when you see him he's HOT[/bold]

Two words: Griffin O’Neal.

O’Neal accidentally killed Francis Ford Coppola’s son, Gian Carlo, while drunk driving a boat in 1986.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479September 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Kathy Bates for the mother, if Martindale is unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 480September 7, 2021 10:01 PM

Maggie needs to be played by someone who was cute and in a good sorority in college, but just got fat and drank too much booze as she got older and switched to faux-fur.

Kathy Bates was never that.

by Anonymousreply 481September 7, 2021 10:04 PM

Maybe Jean Smart for Maggie?

by Anonymousreply 482September 7, 2021 10:05 PM

The moment I saw Mrs Maggie, I thought: Melanie Hutsell.

by Anonymousreply 483September 7, 2021 10:06 PM

I would say go really camp and cast Delta Burke as the mother.

by Anonymousreply 484September 7, 2021 10:08 PM

The Nancy Grace podcast posted above is good. She says she's learned that the bodies of Paul and mom were dumped, not shot in place. at the lodge

by Anonymousreply 485September 7, 2021 10:09 PM

I believe the only reason Mom hired the forensic accountant was because they knew they were going to get sued for wrongful death in the boating accident, and she was trying to determine how to shield as many of their assets, most likely cash and non-real estate investments, as they could. I doubt Mom/Kids had any knowledge of the embezzlement Dad was doing.

Alex seems to me like a hick Bernie Madoff, but the big fish in the small pond version.

by Anonymousreply 486September 7, 2021 10:12 PM

I'm very skeptical about the opiate story, I think it's cooked up to buy him time in rehab, and to float the possibility of drug cartels murdering the wife and son.

I have no idea who *did* kill the wife and son, it could have been Alex himself, or someone seeking justice that wasn't available through legal channels, or employees of a drug cartel - and not necessarily the ones Alex was involved with. Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at Alex's rear end! But the only downside to this delightfully juicy case is that we'll never be sure of the real culprit, even if someone goes to jail there will be people who insist it was their favorite, who'd succeeded in railroading someone else.

by Anonymousreply 487September 7, 2021 10:29 PM

Omg Nancy Grace, she is still so ballsy.

by Anonymousreply 488September 7, 2021 10:29 PM

^^ Nancy said the same. Mom was looking to protect assets from civil suit penalties or she was preparing for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 489September 7, 2021 10:30 PM

I remember seeing the photo of Paw Murder at the party, smiling, drink in hand a few weeks after the murder of his wife and son.

by Anonymousreply 490September 7, 2021 10:33 PM

It's entirely possible that Alex had been planning to run for Brazil and start a new life with a new woman, and who'd concluded that flight was a better financial deal than divorce. I can see why he wanted out, Maw wasn't 20 any more and her children had turned out to be massive disappointments, and the younger was going to cost him a fortune in hush money if he stayed or got a legal divorce.

Betcha he'd largely emptied the family accounts, and Maw may have found that out if she'd found a hired a forensic accountant after Paul's latest killing. A divorce would have cost him 50% of his assets plus an ongoing responsibility to hush up Paul's crimes, flight with ill-gotten gains would have left him with millions to spend on himself and his mistress.

That said, I have no idea if the murders of Maw and Paul were because of the embezzlement, or because of all the issues Alex presumably wanted to run away from.

by Anonymousreply 491September 7, 2021 10:34 PM

Why cant this be the Trump family?

by Anonymousreply 492September 7, 2021 10:36 PM

Nancy went to the area to take a look for herself.

She talks about a large church close to the spot where Alex was shot. She believes there are likely cameras that pick up any traffic on the road.. Nancy's going to solve this before DL.

by Anonymousreply 493September 7, 2021 10:36 PM

You can’t make this story up - such a convoluted plot.

by Anonymousreply 494September 7, 2021 10:37 PM

I still want to know if brother Randy is a member of the same law firm and if so what part did he play in reporting the embezzlement.

by Anonymousreply 495September 7, 2021 10:40 PM

Yes, he is.

No DL comments about the bodies being dumped at the lodge? I 'm stunned by this news. So where were they killed? There has to be a huge amount of blood evidence there.

by Anonymousreply 496September 7, 2021 10:44 PM

R431: Most people stop using drugs w/o medication and your description of fentanyl and the way it's imported and distributed is misleading and, in places, ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 497September 7, 2021 10:46 PM

Randy is a partner at the law firm (PMPED). The law firm's website is currently unavailable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498September 7, 2021 10:46 PM

His brother Steve is a member of PMPED. In addition to having a license to practice law he is also a CPA.

by Anonymousreply 499September 7, 2021 10:48 PM

R496, I don’t know how plausible that it. Why would anyone drag those hefty bullet-riddled bodies anywhere? And how would you do it without sullying your SUV?

by Anonymousreply 500September 7, 2021 10:49 PM

I can't find the source stating the bodies were dumped.

by Anonymousreply 501September 7, 2021 10:50 PM

If they were bound it makes sense they were dumped, why would you tie them up when you can just march them at gunpoint to the dog kennel.

by Anonymousreply 502September 7, 2021 10:53 PM

This has got Lifetime Movie written all over it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503September 7, 2021 10:54 PM

If Buster had nothing to do with any of this he is probably sobbing WTF into his memaw's couch.

by Anonymousreply 504September 7, 2021 10:57 PM

It was Nancy Grace who stated the she just learned the bodies had been dumped.

by Anonymousreply 505September 7, 2021 10:58 PM

At least Buster can now live his truth.

by Anonymousreply 506September 7, 2021 10:58 PM

This has Lee Daniels' Alex: Based on the Murders by Murdaugh written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 507September 7, 2021 11:07 PM

The creepy-looking blonde teenager who convinced her boyfriend to commit suicide can play Boat Girl.

by Anonymousreply 508September 7, 2021 11:14 PM

CNN is covering the story now.

by Anonymousreply 509September 7, 2021 11:38 PM

I miss Nancy Grace and her Tot Mom obsession. Those were good times.

by Anonymousreply 510September 7, 2021 11:46 PM

CHAMPAGNE JAMBOREE!

by Anonymousreply 511September 7, 2021 11:54 PM

From Tot Mom to Twat Mom

by Anonymousreply 512September 8, 2021 12:34 AM

I'm so confused. Did Alex shoot himself in his own head?

by Anonymousreply 513September 8, 2021 12:35 AM

I think they all did that, r513.

by Anonymousreply 514September 8, 2021 12:37 AM

Mother may sleep with Murdaugh?

by Anonymousreply 515September 8, 2021 1:06 AM

Ugh. Mother may I sleep with Murdaugh?

by Anonymousreply 516September 8, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]Kathy Bates for the mother, if Martindale is unavailable.

[quote]Maybe Jean Smart for Maggie?

[quote]I would say go really camp and cast Delta Burke as the mother.

For God's sake you bitches, Maggie was 52 not 72!

by Anonymousreply 517September 8, 2021 1:10 AM

I said it before and I’ll say it again.

Jennie Garth was MADE to play Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 518September 8, 2021 1:15 AM

Bellamy Young would be good as Maggie. Dress her in faux furs and dip her in bathtub gin.

by Anonymousreply 519September 8, 2021 1:30 AM

I’ve given it much thought, and the only actress who could do justice to the role of Maw is Ms Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 520September 8, 2021 1:33 AM

Why not Betty White?

by Anonymousreply 521September 8, 2021 1:39 AM

When They Met It Was Murdaugh!

by Anonymousreply 522September 8, 2021 1:45 AM

How to Get Away With Murdaugh - coming to Netflix in 2023

by Anonymousreply 523September 8, 2021 1:50 AM

Nancy Grace pronounces it Murdawg. Lol

by Anonymousreply 524September 8, 2021 1:52 AM

Are the twins special?

by Anonymousreply 525September 8, 2021 1:58 AM

I knew Pappy was guilty as soon as I heard about the murders and the whole Timmy nonsense. Murder runs in the family, the son learned it from the dad who got sick of cleaning up the son's messes. Ma Murdaugh was an extra bonus, no messy divorce.

by Anonymousreply 526September 8, 2021 4:20 AM

Bravo Andy wasn't keeping his (lazy) eye on the ball. This family would have been a spectacular addition to Southern Charm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 8, 2021 4:27 AM

I’ve never heard of twins in this saga?

by Anonymousreply 528September 8, 2021 4:29 AM

R528, Nancy Grace has twin children. (“The twee-uns”)

by Anonymousreply 529September 8, 2021 5:03 AM

Nancy Grace should play Ma Murdaugh in the miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 530September 8, 2021 5:18 AM

[quote]I'm so confused. Did Alex shoot himself in his own head?

No, R513, he shot himself in someone else's head.

by Anonymousreply 531September 8, 2021 5:26 AM

Tiffani Thiessen for Ma Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 532September 8, 2021 5:51 AM

DL loves you murdering Murdaughs.

by Anonymousreply 533September 8, 2021 6:20 AM

The first episode will be nothing but actors in fat suits and ginger fright wigs sitting out on a veranda arguing about the pronunciation of "Murdough".

Perhaps they'll shoot at random passing cars.

by Anonymousreply 534September 8, 2021 6:27 AM

Fitsnews reports that the Mercedes did have run flat tires and did not have a spare so the “pulled over to change the tire” story” is suss but a photo shows a tire (driver side, rear) is flat. I guess it’s not unreasonable that someone would pull over if they suspected a flat. If he accidentally shot himself (ricochet) while staging an accident, how did he get rid of the gun?

by Anonymousreply 535September 8, 2021 11:27 AM

R535 NYT reported that the flat tire had been slit.

by Anonymousreply 536September 8, 2021 12:21 PM

About the tires: I’m assuming run flats can function with a puncture but they’re useless in the case of a slash. Is that correct?

And a question about slashed tires: where could that have happened? Could he have driven over something that would cause that? If someone slashed a tire in his home driveway, would he have been able to drive any sort of distance at all?

by Anonymousreply 537September 8, 2021 12:43 PM

He slashed his own tire.

by Anonymousreply 538September 8, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote]About the tires: I’m assuming run flats can function with a puncture but they’re useless in the case of a slash. Is that correct?

From Reddit:

[quote]I hit a sewer grate on the highway today going 70mph and ended up slashing the tire and denting the rim. I ordered a new wheel and tire which are going to be here tuesday but I was wondering if this is safe to drive on until then? I sent the picture to my TireRack rep and he says it's fine as long as it's not loosing air. I sprayed water on it and no bubbles formed so I assume it's just the sidewall. Let it be known my commute is mostly highway.

Comments say it can burst anytime but the tire guy mentioned in the OP says it might be okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539September 8, 2021 1:13 PM

Paw suspended by SC Bar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540September 8, 2021 1:31 PM

I predict a very Dulos ending.

by Anonymousreply 541September 8, 2021 1:42 PM

In the movie/show, Mama Murdaugh should always be in that fur coat, even in the dead of summer.

by Anonymousreply 542September 8, 2021 2:10 PM

The whole family are scummy motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 543September 8, 2021 2:17 PM

R539, I've been told more than once at service places that tires with punctures to the sidewalls are too dangerous to patch, and that the tire has to be replaced. I know nothing at all about "run flat" tires, so maybe it's a completely different issue. Slashing a tire by hand is no easy thing to do, and it seems it would be pretty obvious if the cut had been made by hand. And YES, if this was actually a suicide attempt, WHERE is the gun? He must have thrown it pretty damn far into the bushes if LE hasn't been able to locate it yet, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 544September 8, 2021 2:23 PM

R542 And Paul should always been in “Timmy” character and stripped to his boxers at all times. And should be played by Cameron Monaghan, at his physical peak.

by Anonymousreply 545September 8, 2021 2:23 PM

Maybe he hid the gun shoved up his big fat white ass, and extruded it before going into the MRI machine?

by Anonymousreply 546September 8, 2021 2:25 PM

I totally see this crime creating a body of work in the future referencing it on the same level of An American Tragedy/A Place in the Sun.

by Anonymousreply 547September 8, 2021 2:26 PM

This reminds me of a murder that happened here, the murder of Sara Tokars. She was murdered in front of her young sons by a hitman hired by her husband, Fred Tokers. FT was a former Atlanta prosecutor who was involved in drugs and money laundering. Sara became suspicious of him and hired a private investigator. He killed her to keep her silent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548September 8, 2021 2:37 PM

And he is still sitting in prison for it, right where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 549September 8, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote]In the movie/show, Mama Murdaugh should always be in that fur coat, even in the dead of summer.

And swigging a bottle of Southern Comfort and braying, "It's REAL mink, you stupid ninny! Stop telling everyone at church it's a cheap fake! And my son does NOT take it up the behind, you lying demon from Hell!"

by Anonymousreply 550September 8, 2021 2:47 PM

Will Poulter for Paul

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551September 8, 2021 2:53 PM

Ok, if the Ma and Paul were killed elsewhere and dumped at the hunting lodge, wouldn't Pa had to have had help? Could brother Buster be an complice in these murders? Hmmm. What does Buster know, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 552September 8, 2021 2:53 PM

^Having "help" with a murder, or murders, is a dangerous business, and an attorney, former or present prosecutor, would be fully aware of that. You don't have "help" if you hope to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 553September 8, 2021 2:57 PM

I'm gettin' outta the tub, Paul. Be a dear and come on in here and hand me my fur.

by Anonymousreply 554September 8, 2021 3:03 PM

"Looks like you got enough fur down there, Mama!"

-- Timmy

by Anonymousreply 555September 8, 2021 3:07 PM

FAuX fur, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 556September 8, 2021 3:12 PM

Drew Carey could dye his hair red and play Killer Pa.

by Anonymousreply 557September 8, 2021 3:23 PM

James Corden in a career-defining role

by Anonymousreply 558September 8, 2021 3:29 PM

It's odd Alex has been suspended by the state Bar when he hasn't been formally charged with anything.

by Anonymousreply 559September 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Well, kind-of like how Paul never spent a second in jail despite being indicted for three felonies.

Pa will be suspended without a formal inquest and so his crimes, whatever they may be, will never be on the books. The rich are a protected class.

by Anonymousreply 560September 8, 2021 3:36 PM

^He'll certainly be given a chance to defend himself, but I expect nothing will occurr except his disbarment for failure to reply to the charge. Sounds like he's credibly embezzled maybe millions of dollars, what will his defense consist of? If it's client's trust accounts, which seems almost a certainty, the suspension is like an emergency, preventive action by the State Bar.

by Anonymousreply 561September 8, 2021 3:36 PM

Can one still defend oneself in court if you are a disbarred lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 562September 8, 2021 3:38 PM

Of course. But facing the serious charges that he's likely to face, he won't do that, if he can afford an attorney. Maybe his bro will defend him. (I fully expect he's going to kill himself, the first chance he gets).

by Anonymousreply 563September 8, 2021 3:40 PM

He's legally off the grid while he's in rehab. If he has those millions stashed somewhere, now would be the time to flee to a country with a no extradition treaty.

by Anonymousreply 564September 8, 2021 3:56 PM

Carnie Wilson as Momma Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 565September 8, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]It's odd Alex has been suspended by the state Bar when he hasn't been formally charged with anything.

That's a separate paragraph to the bar rules. That will come next.

17(b) is the paragraph Alex was suspended under:

[quote]Upon receipt of sufficient evidence demonstrating that a lawyer poses a substantial threat of serious harm to the public or to the administration of justice, the Supreme Court may place the lawyer on interim suspension pending a final determination in any proceeding under these rules.

The "serious harm" is probably stealing from his clients, not killing his family. The Bar takes the former more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 566September 8, 2021 4:03 PM

‘Ryan, hi it’s Jessica. Are either of the Murdaugh family grandmothers still alive? I can really see one being the glue that holds the whole story together. Lots of love!

by Anonymousreply 567September 8, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote] It's odd Alex has been suspended by the state Bar when he hasn't been formally charged with anything.

There are all kinds of reasons an attorney can get suspended or disbarred (yes, usually having to do with client money). But you don't have to get formally charged with crimes.

by Anonymousreply 568September 8, 2021 4:07 PM

Why won't he be formally charged? He has too much dirt on others?

by Anonymousreply 569September 8, 2021 4:11 PM

If he embezzled the money, he will CERTAINLY be charged, and tried, for the crime in a criminal court. He will also be disbarred by the State Bar Association, in a separate proceeding, although in most states that I am familiar with, a judge on the bench can, and sometimes is required to, disbar any attorney upon his conviction in a criminal case for a felony. He gets a guilty verdict, and the judge immediately disbars him, on the record.

by Anonymousreply 570September 8, 2021 4:15 PM

R569 There’s probably a lot of hope he just dies before that need to move forward more formally.

by Anonymousreply 571September 8, 2021 4:15 PM

Randy has thrown Alex under the not-shot-at-Mercedes-SUV:

On Wednesday, Sept. 8, the elder Murdaugh brother issued the following statement pertaining to recent events involving his younger sibling.

[quote]I was shocked [SHOCKED!], just as the rest of my PMPED family, to learn of my brother, Alex’s, drug addiction and stealing of money. I love my law firm family and also love Alex as my brother. While I will support him in his recovery, I do not support, condone, or excuse his conduct in stealing by manipulating his most trusted relationships. I will continue to pursue my client’s interests with the highest degree of honesty and integrity, as I always have.

He only has one client?

by Anonymousreply 572September 8, 2021 4:23 PM

Not a cartel hit. These guys ARE the villains. Cartel members have standards. God what an ugly bunch, inside and out. My theory is that someone is on a vendetta, picking the untouchables who terrorized a region for decades and generations.

by Anonymousreply 573September 8, 2021 4:24 PM

R454, Jesse Plemons looks like Matt Damon’s slow, dim-witted fraternal twin brother who lives with his mom and spends his days as a grocery bagger.

by Anonymousreply 574September 8, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]He only has one client?

Maybe a misplaced apostrophe?

by Anonymousreply 575September 8, 2021 4:28 PM

Actually, I think Matt Damon could play Pa Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 576September 8, 2021 4:29 PM

Alex makes me think of Richard Kind, even though the coloring is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 577September 8, 2021 4:35 PM

Paul died just before he was to go on trial

Dad will do likewise

by Anonymousreply 578September 8, 2021 4:52 PM

The mystery of the run flats has been solved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579September 8, 2021 5:28 PM

Hmm... This makes it seem unlikely that he committed the murders... but maybe that's the impression he wants...

by Anonymousreply 580September 8, 2021 5:30 PM

R580 Why, because he's too staggeringly incompetent?

by Anonymousreply 581September 8, 2021 5:31 PM

This is certainly a better thread than the stupid family dies of heatstroke one.

by Anonymousreply 582September 8, 2021 5:33 PM

When will we find out if that knife has blood on it from where Alex sliced his own head to make it look like a bullet graze?

by Anonymousreply 583September 8, 2021 5:36 PM

[Quote] This is certainly a better thread than the stupid family dies of heatstroke one

I know, the subjects are so passive in that thread. Murdaugh means ACTION!

by Anonymousreply 584September 8, 2021 5:44 PM

R582 Stay tuned, with these fair skinned gingers heatstroke may still work its way into the story.

by Anonymousreply 585September 8, 2021 5:44 PM

I think that, facing any serious accusations, people with positions of public trust are placed on “administrative leave” pending an investigation. “Suspended” isn’t permanent expulsion or loss of license. The licensing body has liability if they don’t suspend the license of someone facing serious accusations of misconduct.

Besides, how’s he gonna practice law from fucking REHAB?

by Anonymousreply 586September 8, 2021 5:55 PM

The point of the suspension is to legally prohibit him from doing anything with IOLTA (attorney trust account) funds. Any banks holding them could be held liable for allowing him to transfer any money from those accounts since he is not licensed to practice law following the suspension.

by Anonymousreply 587September 8, 2021 6:00 PM

This story is insane.

LOTS of lawyers go to rehab, R586.

Heatstroke, the theme of the summer, R585.

by Anonymousreply 588September 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Time for a new thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589September 8, 2021 7:10 PM

The PIMPED website was taken offline but still can be accessed through the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine. There are several Murtaughs working there but the group photo doesn’t identify them.

by Anonymousreply 590September 8, 2021 7:18 PM

Oops. South Carolina still has the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 591September 8, 2021 7:20 PM

R590 Does the red hair?

by Anonymousreply 592September 8, 2021 7:20 PM

I don’t know, 592, does the red hair?

by Anonymousreply 593September 8, 2021 8:59 PM

Does the red hair ID them as Murdaughs?

by Anonymousreply 594September 8, 2021 9:01 PM

How does one know the deceased Mrs. Murdaugh's fur coat is faux fur?

by Anonymousreply 595September 8, 2021 9:06 PM

Because the Murdaughs only believe in killing people, not animals.

by Anonymousreply 596September 8, 2021 9:11 PM

They own a hunting lodge. Pretty sure it’s not for hunting people, except on special occasions.

by Anonymousreply 597September 8, 2021 9:12 PM

It's just for the look, like men who lift weights.

by Anonymousreply 598September 8, 2021 9:16 PM

I know people like the Murdaughs in North Carolina, only they are nice and don't kill each other.

They don't "pretend" to hunt for the looks. It is part of the family culture, passed down for over 200 years. It is just part of who they are. And they love their bird dogs.

by Anonymousreply 599September 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Fin.

by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2021 9:29 PM

Gotta love a bird dog. And there is Southern Mafia if no one believes it by now.

by Anonymousreply 601September 8, 2021 9:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!