Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dial M for Murdaugh

Alex is going to get away with everything, isn't he?

Or will Buster have to live off of his Poshmark earnings?

More about he most mendacious clan in the Low Country....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 12, 2022 10:26 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2021 6:28 PM

nice title

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]You'd have to prove that Buster lent Paul his driver's license. Then you'd have to prove that this chain of events was foreseeable to Buster. (Mallory being ejected from boat, etc.)

There is evidence that Buster knowing gave Paul his driver's license. In deposition testimony, the other kids talked about Buster complaining that he had to use his passport to buy liquor and get in clubs while Paul used his driver's license.

There is also evidence that Alex knew that Paul was using a fake ID, as Paul called Alex to complain when a club wouldn't let him in because he had a fake ID.

And no one would have to prove that it was likely that Mallory would be ejected from the boat. Just knowing an underage person was getting drunk and driving boats and cars makes all of those consequences foreseeable.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 6:32 PM

Has anyone asked Betty Broderick her thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 7:18 PM

I just cant believe in this,the age of computers,that fucking idiot Alex thought he could steal and steal and not leave a trail a mile wide.Hubris or mental retardation ?

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 8:04 PM

R5 Alex was brought up on the notion that members of his family can get away with anything.

His son Paul, clearly, was brought up the same way.

And up until this year, that assumption was correct.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 9:01 PM

I’m going to visit Paw in rehab tomorrow.

First I need to make a Target run so I can bring him some duct tape, rope and plastic bags.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 10:37 PM

Did Buster come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 10:42 PM

I wonder what happened to the housekeeper who mysteriously "fell"

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 11:03 PM

I don’t think the suicide attempt was even a suicide attempt. If it was, he would be dead. Suicide isn’t that hard. Plus a man like this is far too much of a coward to kill himself. I think he knew the walls were closing in on him, and fake a fake suicide to look like a good father.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2021 11:08 PM

Has anyone cast the young student doctor?

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 11:31 PM

It wouldn’t have been suicide if he had someone shoot him. But he was too stupid to know his insurance would have paid off for suicide.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2021 11:34 PM

Faking a suicide with a head shot is extremely risky, especially when it’s some meth head holding the gun. What if the guy was supposed to shoot up the car while Alex “managed” to dodge the bullets and “escape” an assassin attempt. Well obviously it would be Paul and Ma’s killer trying to kill him!

But, the plan fell apart, gunman accidentally winged him in the head or more likely it was a ricochet or shrapnel , they panicked, called 911 and an airlift. At the hearing today, he didn’t have a bandage or even a shaved spot on his head for stitches.

Since he was released on bail, did they mention anything about a suicide watch??? Since that was his, or his lawyer’s claim.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 11:37 PM

So, is this the possible story: Timmy (played by Biff Tannen) kicks the maid down the stairs, killing her. Paw (played by the ghost of Brian Dennehy) then steals the insurance money. Maw (Kim Catrall in a fat suit and rat-fur coat) smells a rat and decides to divorce. Timmy kills the gay lover of Buster (Jonah Hill). Maw hires an accountant and finds out Paw is a serious crook. Timmy drives a boat into a bridge killing a young lady. Paw decides to kill Maw to save himself. He does that, and decides to get rid of his psycho progeny too. Then the police get involved and Paw cracks. He hires a hitman (Joe Pesci) and a comedic shooting ensues. Paw goes to jail for life.

Is this where we’re at?

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote]But he was too stupid to know his insurance would have paid off for suicide.

Alex is a lawyer who has made millions knowing how to work insurance policies. That's show he scammed his housekeeper's family.

He didn't make a mistake. His lawyer is lying.

He never wanted to kill himself or be killed.

It was all a diversion.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2021 11:46 PM

All we are missing is a covid-19 angle, some kind of national politics connection to the family, and pictures of whomever Maw and Paw were having affairs with recently. Give us a full bingo.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2021 11:51 PM

Supposedly, Alex has a bastard child who is a student at Clemson.

Grandpa Murdaugh also had a bastard who is a prominent lawyer in the area.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2021 11:58 PM

^Nice try, R16, but I don't want just *pictures* of the affairees. I want to see them ALL,( be they black, white, heathen Chinee, male, female, undecided, whatever) hauled through town in wooden tumbrels, in cages, while the snarling townsfolk brandish flaming torches at them. It IS almost Halloween, after all, and this IS South Carolina, by God.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 11:59 PM

I wonder if the botched shooting of Paw is going to be part of his defence; he could point to the whole dumb episode and say he was too stupid to hire a competent hitman to kill Maw and Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 12:02 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if that Petito girl was found in the woods near Salkehatchie Road. A love triangle with her, Curtis E. Smith, and Brian Laundrie seems plausible. There's too many ugly old men in this story and no femme fatale.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 12:09 AM

The next thread should be called

How to Get Away with Murdaugh?

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2021 12:19 AM

No r21, It should be called “How To Do Away With Murdaughs”.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2021 12:31 AM

The Night the Lights Went Out in South Carolina

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2021 12:49 AM

Murdaugh on the Dance Floor

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2021 1:07 AM

But before they haul Paw and Buster off to de 'lektrick Char, cuddint we get their authentick, ole-timey, recipes for shrimp 'n' grits, callaloo, red rice, etc.? And...wheah, exactly, is the silvahweah buriet??

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2021 1:07 AM

Hguadrum Hguadrum

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2021 1:13 AM

Don’t think Paw Murdaugh was planning a suicide—he had better alternative at his disposal...he wanted roadside hit that would explain his leaving the country or state.

But things went wrong—not bc the cousin had bad aim, but his lawyer firm showed up at the crime scene screaming he has stolen funds.

At this point he was at their mercy, until he tells them where the money is.

A small firm, lots of money...not hard to figure out. Sorry Alex there goes Brazil or wherever you were planning to disappear to.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2021 1:14 AM

^His hair wasn't even mussed. The whole story is BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Thanks to those at the end of the last thread who explained the crazy rail/insurance/legal stuff.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2021 1:31 AM

^De nada...

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2021 1:45 AM

No one has answered the most important question. How is Lindsey Graham involved? It’s S.C., people. They all know each other!

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2021 2:44 AM

Lindsey was Buster's secret sugar daddy

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2021 3:26 AM

Murdaugh, Inc.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 3:51 AM

Murdaugh most foul.

From the previous thread:

[Quote]But all of Mallory’s family and presumably her boyfriend took DNA tests and the police have ruled them out.

The police have Meemaw and Timmy's killer's DNA? I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2021 6:32 AM

Even if Lindsey is not involved the movie will have to have a Lindsey walk-on scene worked in. Some office buildin's upper floor office in Charlotte where Lindsay denies involvement or does something. Just to get some actor to play an effeminate and snooty Lindsey character to the hilt.

Leslie Jordan for the senior Senator from South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2021 11:16 AM

Sure like Charlotte is in SC.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Buster, although he looks and acts like he's about 17, is actually 25 years old. Does he have a job, has he ever had a job? Was he working for dear old Paw's law firm? Anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2021 1:38 PM

Maybe Buster helped daddy Alex smuggle out funds from the law office in the fat suit he wore?

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2021 1:41 PM

[quote]There is evidence that Buster knowing gave Paul his driver's license.

Knowingly, you troglodyte...

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]How to Get Away with Murdaugh?

The problem with these "puns" is that Murdaugh doesn't sound like "murder"--it is pronounced "Mur-DOCK."

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2021 2:42 PM

R39 Oh, DO fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 2:43 PM

R40 Everyone knows and no one cares. “Murder” in a South Carolina accent sounds the way “Murdaugh” looks and it’s too fun to pass up.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 2:48 PM

That's the way THEY pronounce it, because they don't want it to sound like murder, since Alex is an ambulance chaser.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]Everyone knows and no one cares.

No, they do not.

And it's pronounced "Al-eck" not "Al-ex" -- so the weird pronunciations have nothing to do with avoiding sounding like "murder."

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 3:03 PM

His name is Alex, I don't care how he pronounces it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote]His name is Alex, I don't care how he pronounces it.

I take that you are not fluent in French.

Or English.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 3:53 PM

He's not French. His name is Alexander. He can pronounce it "Muffy", for all I care. That's not how that name is pronounced, and he is pretty much nothing more than a zoo animal from here on out, as far as I can see.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Paw has bigger fish to fry than this!

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote]He's not French.

Wow, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past you.

The point was that words are not always pronounced the way they look on paper. And people proficient in languages know that and adapt their pronunciation accordingly. And if people pronounce their names differently, it is factually incorrect to pronounce them otherwise.

I bet you pronounce "Des Moines" as "Dez Mo-in-ez" . . .

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 4:04 PM

Even IF you pronounce it "Dial M for MurDOCK"....it still fucking works as a pun, Prisspot!

Anyway, CES speaks! He may be a methhead, but his version of events is a lot more lucid and plausible than Alex-with-an-X's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 6:18 PM

^VERY interesting, and believable. "Smith doesn’t have legal representation yet and is hoping to find a lawyer “with a bone to pick” against the Murdaughs."

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2021 6:30 PM

Smith makes the most sense. There doesn't seem to be actual evidence that Alex was shot, but his lawyers want you to think he possibly sustained a skull fracture and brain bleeding, which they can use to say he has diminished capacity. For someone with so much influence in the town, he's probably got a doctor to sign off on it.

There was never a suicide attempt, it was all a distraction because Alex set up to have his wife and kid killed. I suspect he got a family member to do it for him. This ugly fucker could get away with it, too.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]Paw has bigger fish to fry than this!

Enough with the Maw-ing and Paw-ing, these aren't the simpleton Kettles of folksy hillbilly stock.

These are Lowcountry simpleton stock, where it's Daddy Alex and Bubba and Miss Maggie, Big (Dead) Randy and Little Randy, Big Buster and Little Buster.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2021 7:03 PM

PLEASE!!! It's Alec-with-an-X!! You MORONS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2021 7:07 PM

Too bad Tennessee Williams didn't live long enough to write a play about these people

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2021 7:11 PM

Fast Eddie's final quote in that Daily News article above, R50, implies, strongly and directly, that he knows things personally about his cousin Alec(x) that Alex doesn't want to become public knowledge. His statement is pretty clearly a threat.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2021 7:17 PM

Buster works at following cocks R37

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2021 7:19 PM

Hmmm. Alex gets out of the car brandishing a gun, waving it around. Maybe instead of a fake suicide attempt, he wanted to make it look like Fast Eddie intended to kill him and would’ve shot him in “self defense” and then tie him to the double murder…

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2021 7:23 PM

^R57: Interesting. Game starts in 3.5 hours. I could mosey on down to Sanford Stadium from up where I am, and see if he's there. He'd certainly be easy to spot with that hair, unless he decided to wear a wig. The betting money is about 95 percent on the Dawgs this time, contrary to his Bluster.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2021 7:24 PM

Actually, and esp because of the hair, I'm sure Buster knows he's far too notorious to go out into a stadium with 100,000 people in it right now.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2021 7:26 PM

R58, that makes a disturbing amount of sense, since that’s basically the first story that Alex told the police—that someone pulled up in a truck and tried to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2021 7:37 PM

Incidentally, I wonder how much Miss Maggie was insured for.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]He walked bent over as he showed a Post reporter around his yard and introduced his pets — including cats named Jay Z and Biggie and a pit bull mix named Dixie.

Wait....*THAT* guy has cats named Jay Z and Biggie?! I am dying. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2021 8:05 PM

You’re right r61, I’d forgotten that. So Alex loses his nerve (that’s the running theme here, fits every explanation) and Fast Eddie wrestles the gun away from him, maybe a couple wild shots are fired? Then the guy takes off because Alex is clearly a loon, and says he tossed the gun away. What I want to know is, was the gun registered to Alex? or was it unregistered? because if the latter, Alex was going to say it was the “killer’s” gun.

So, who was the “Good Samaritan” who drove Alex to the helicopter? If he’s truly unconnected to the family drama, I wonder what they talked about en route? It was probably Randy/his lawyer though.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2021 8:26 PM

R62, the CBS Evening News showed a walk and talk with Alex’s lawyers leaving the hearing yesterday and the lawyer Dick Whatever said that neither Maggie nor Paul had life insurance, which I find hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]said that neither Maggie nor Paul had life insurance, which I find hard to believe.

Just curious, R65, why would Maggie and Paul not having life insurance be odd?

Neither was a source of income of any note, so there would be no income interruption or serious financial stress from their death/s. On the other hand had they had sizable and relatively recent policies, that would have cast a huge cloud of suspicion were the beneficiary also the survivor of such a crime.

Large life insurance policies are always suspect unless for the income generator for a family that might fall into financial distress, or small children might not have a path to college education - when the principal learner's substantial income ends in an instant.

Insuring financially unimportant family members against death is the stuff of people who are easily duped, or if people with no good plans for insurance payments.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2021 9:54 PM

R66, everything you say is true in a world of ordinary, rational, non-criminal people. That is not the world of the Murdaughs. Everything we know indicates that these were people accustomed to getting away with outrageous, blatantly obvious crimes.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 10:04 PM

A life insurance benefit is common practice at law firms. Maybe they chose not to have them because they had more complicated inheritance planning than that?

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 10:06 PM

"When They Met...It Was MURDAUGH!"

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2021 12:45 AM

Murdaugh by Death.

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]A life insurance benefit is common practice at law firms. ...[maybe] they had more complicated inheritance planning than that?

I can understand the policies as a nice perk, even an important one, but much more in the case of insuring a partner in the firm in the event that the family's revenue stream should get into some trouble down by the kennels. But any thing more than a modest policy for, say, Paul or Maggie, would raise a big question mark for me. The partner in a successful law firm shouldn't be done in by the financial upset of a 22 year old son and college student dying. Even his wife shouldn't rock the financial boat unless she had significant income or income potential of her own.

Anything wildly large (like a freshly printed $10M policy) or too sudden, or too singular in focus (a spouse taking a huge policy against their spouse when the spouse isn't a significant contributor to family income) is cause for some film noir insurance investigators.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Bumping thread over annoying idiot queen who started a wholly new, gratuitous Murdaugh thread because SHE MATTERS.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2021 3:35 AM

I thought this is the definitive thread.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2021 7:08 AM

I'd take every word, Alex' defense attorney says with a huge grain of salt

He seems to have made a number of misrepresentations in his statements so far

His client is backed into a corner

His job is to create as much public sympathy for his client as he can

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2021 7:23 AM

R74: Yes the defense attorney doesn't seem cunning, crazy like a fox, or even a little bit strategic, it's just the tact if: deny and act offended by the very idea that his client might have been involved in any wrongdoing.

And the name Dick Harpootlian -- sounds like one of those unpleasant dynasties from Dune.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2021 7:45 AM

Dick Harpoon.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2021 9:58 AM

Is that like sounding?

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2021 10:24 AM

They should just say Alex flipped his car off a cliff and now suffers limited cognitive abilities. It worked for us!

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2021 1:39 PM

AM could have been trying to kill that meth head. Maybe the meth head knew too much. But I think AM wanted to stage a shooting scene as the target of the person who murdered his wife and son. He just didn't count on the church having a camera. Because he is squirrelly shit stupid and has never had to worry about answering for anything so he doesn't know how to not get caught. He will get away with all of it. That is the way it is in the corrupt South.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2021 1:40 PM

Alex should just tell everyone that the real Alex has amnesia and is missing and he is Alex's identical twin brother who had amnesia, too, and has just returned from a jungle. His name is also Alex.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2021 2:07 PM

He doesn't looks like he has a GSW to me. Not even a Smurf bandaid required. He also looks like a killer. Dead eyes and a dupers delight smirk. He isn't worried about anything. He doesn't have to be and he knows it. That isn't the expression of grief, remorse, or fear. Chilling. That is the expression of a stone cold psychopath. Ugly as a red roosters ass too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2021 2:13 PM

R80 Yes! And one of them pronounces their name Alex and the other one pronounces it Alec. And in five years Miss Maggie will come back from the dead played by a different actress.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2021 2:16 PM

When will we learn of the black voodoo priestess? That is standard here in the South.

“To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.”

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2021 2:22 PM

When was the last time we saw Alex on TV, sad and angry, demanding justice for his wife and child? Expressing frustration that it was taking so long to apprehend the killer(s)? Saying how much the killer(s) had ruined his life and how he wouldn't stop until they were caught?

Oh, that's right . . . never.

Instead, he's just had his slimy attorney drop hints that Alex knows who killed his wife (it was "personal"), and may reveal that information.

That doesn't sound like someone much bothered by his wife and child being killed.

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2021 2:29 PM

I still want to know which of the Murdaughs Steven Smith was sleeping with and what the housekeeper found out that made them throw her down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2021 2:46 PM

It didn't seem like it would take much for Psychopath Paul to violently throw a women down some stairs or for his Daddy to murder her for a profit.

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2021 2:53 PM

I hope HBO gives this story the "Jinx" treatment ASAP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2021 3:23 PM

^Yes, if Durst hadn't been caught on film mumbling that one little snark, he would never have been re-arrested, tried, and convicted. What R84 says about Alex/c above pretty much seals the deal for me re his involvement in the family murders, and I think the notion that he was trying to draw Fast Eddie into it, so as to maybe kill him too, and then pin the bigger crime on Eddie is pretty compelling. Alex was up to "something" in that faux suicide attempt.

by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2021 3:26 PM

Alex’s mugshot is chilling. Evil practically radiates from that photo. I can’t even look at it.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2021 4:27 PM

It’s time for Buster to enter the fray.

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2021 5:13 PM

R85, that's the Tennessee Williams version.

The Truman Copote version either has a lot of detail about the shootings or is written from the view of a surprisingly sensitive gay Buster.

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2021 5:14 PM

Apparently Alex’s 20,000.00 bond was posted online by the court hours before his hearing. Which means judge didn’t even wait to hear solicitors argument re bond.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2021 6:39 PM

Alex is guilty of many things, but I wonder if he is being forced to take the fall for the law firm? I think they all were embezzling funds and cheating clients. Maybe they set up the hit on Miss Maggie and Damian.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2021 6:53 PM

R85 Please keep in mind this is a gay boy, and gay boys with this name spell it “Stephen,” thank you.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2021 7:02 PM

^And pronounced "Alec"...

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Thread title ideas:

Bastards out of Carolina.

Red headed bastards out of Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2021 8:23 PM

"Dead & Ginger"

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2021 8:34 PM

I love bastards out of Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2021 8:50 PM

Bastard out of Carolina should be Lindsey's new nickname

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2021 8:52 PM

"Alex is guilty of many things, but I wonder if he is being forced to take the fall for the law firm?"

IMHO Randy wouldn't be throwing his own brother under the bus with so much energy, if he weren't trying to save his own ass from something. Certainly the Murdaugh brothers were stealing from clients together and doing various other illegal things as a team, probably with other lawyers from the firm involved.

I doubt the firm with survive this, not if enough clients get forensic accountants.

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2021 12:32 AM

DL Catnip: Alex's college football photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2021 12:02 PM

Gamecocks! Sign me up to be towel boy in the locker room for that team, I wanna play!

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2021 2:42 PM

It must be said Alex looks sorta hot in that football pic. Who'd have thunk it ?

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2021 4:52 PM

Ugh, no.

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2021 4:57 PM

Are our 15 minutes over yet? Who do we have to kill here to get some attention?

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2021 5:08 PM

You’ve already killed everyone, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2021 8:05 PM

R105, we’re focused on Gabby Petito. Aren’t you glad?

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2021 10:40 PM

Alex arranged the whole Gabbyfest to draw attention away from him.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2021 10:41 PM

But I killed them all!

Why aren't you bitches talking about ME?

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2021 10:44 PM

We’re TIRED of your old saggy ass, Bobby D!

by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Hat kind of moron is OP that these Murdough threads are not numbered? Fail again, frau OP.

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2021 1:24 AM

The Murdaugh threads appeal to the more sophisticated appreciators of crime, people who do not require constant reference to thread numbers.

by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Murdaugh Will Out

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2021 2:10 AM

A psychic weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Has Buster launched his autumn specials on Poshmark yet?

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2021 4:03 AM

Why would a thread need to be numbered, R111? When they fill up, the old one closes and the new one is live; thank God there are some creative, fun people like OP to save this place from the bitter, nasty, name-calling old fucks like you.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2021 4:37 AM

It all got fucked up when the first thread #3 was deleted for some unknown reason, after that it’s been helter skelter.

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2021 4:44 AM

Scummy motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2021 12:44 PM

Dial M for Murder: The Murdough Murders Part 4

^^ DL Tradition. For good reasons. If you don't know our ways don't start threads.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2021 4:34 PM

^^ Well, traditions change, so you can elect to change with them, or not, but nobody is going to bow to your demands that everything be done your way. Pretty simple, right? ^^

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2021 4:42 PM

No, cunt. DL's ways. For good reasons. Like a proper google search of threads in this series, moron.

by Anonymousreply 121September 21, 2021 4:51 PM

Oh yeah...you're the childish name-calling, thread-searching troll. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 122September 21, 2021 4:57 PM

I have no time for control freaks like R119. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 123September 21, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]Red headed bastards

ReDUNdant 🙄

by Anonymousreply 124September 21, 2021 8:13 PM

Fuck, the real settlement in the housekeeper accidental death was $4.3 million, which goes a long way to explain why the insurance companies said the Murdaughs would get no other insurance payouts. The two sons were to receive $2.76 million of that not $500,000.00. I guess it was all an Alex scam to bilk them out of millions and then not even give them the pittance they said they’d get!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 21, 2021 8:46 PM

Did Alex kill the housekeeper, too?

by Anonymousreply 126September 21, 2021 9:07 PM

The sons must have been too afraid or hopeless to pursue what's rightfully theirs. And she was their housekeeper for over two decades and knew the boys since they were born. That is cold blooded and goes beyond an addict's desperation. Now we know where Paul got his psychopath genes from, if there was ever any doubt.

by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2021 9:16 PM

Anything seems possible in the world of the Murdaughs, R126. It's just one amazing development after another.

by Anonymousreply 128September 21, 2021 9:16 PM

Are things this corrupt in every fucking small town in the south?

by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2021 6:16 AM

There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity. When are they going to put these no-necked monsters away? That includes corrupt LE & criminal justice system down the'uh.

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2021 6:26 AM

A woman I went to high school with is a magistrate in that district. This despite the fact there’s a local newspaper article about her passing out drunk on the street after some festival and then getting into some “Don’t you know who I am?” altercation with LE when they tried to arrest her for public drunkenness.

How did a person with that history continue as a magistrate, you ask? Why, because her husband is one too! Also, she is good friends with La Senatrice’s Chief of Staff. I actually like her as a person, just seems to be more of the same corruption.

by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2021 2:51 PM

Official statement from PMPED.

TL;DNR = "Don't blame us!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 24, 2021 11:28 PM

pms ptsd!

by Anonymousreply 133September 24, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote]Life is too short.

Just like your thread title.

by Anonymousreply 134September 25, 2021 1:41 AM

Big CNN piece on this saga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 26, 2021 3:10 PM

CNN ruins everything.

I like OUR speculation on the matter better.

by Anonymousreply 136September 26, 2021 6:43 PM

According to FITS News, lots of developments this week.

Are we not doing this anymore?

by Anonymousreply 137September 29, 2021 11:20 AM

We're waiting for those developments. You can tell from the CNN article above that the locals remain infuriatingly tight-lipped, so with no official action and no local gossip there's nothing to discuss. DL needs an Intrepid Reporter On The Scene.

I'd at least like to know in which "rehab" Alex is allegedly staying.

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2021 11:48 AM

I grew up near the Murdaugh’s stomping grounds. At least one guy I went to high school with is a slightly shady local attorney. I would love to see his ass get caught up in this scandal. He’s always been a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2021 11:58 AM

I’ve maxed out articles on FITSnews, private mode doesn’t work. Plenty of Murdaugh headlines though: collapse of their legal empire, ties to drug dealer, near arrest for embezzlement, another look at the double murder (thought they knew who did that).

by Anonymousreply 140September 29, 2021 12:09 PM

R140, one of the paywalled FITS stories looks particularly interesting: it describes Alex's apparent ties to another established family in the region that was suspected of using its fishing boats to smuggle drugs.

by Anonymousreply 141September 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Dear Judge:

Please excuse my son Alex from jail today. He has a REAL totally true opioid addiction.

In Christ,

His Totally Real Mommy

by Anonymousreply 142September 29, 2021 2:28 PM

Another People Magazine Cover for the Murdaughs, really I had no idea they even covered true crime, or really still in print for that matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 29, 2021 4:04 PM

From the link at R143: "People are starting to realize that the Murdaugh's storied life was all a facade." The Murdaugh saga is getting the breathless prose it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 144September 29, 2021 4:25 PM

[Quote]it describes Alex's apparent ties to another established family in the region that was suspected of using its fishing boats to smuggle drugs.

This reminds me that Stephen Smith told someone (his sister maybe?) that he was dating an older well-off man. One of the dates was on his very nice boat. Drugs had already been mentioned so I wondered if Smith was doing some small time dealing for wealthy people. Makes me wonder more.

The natives clammed up for CNN. Would they speak to Fox?

by Anonymousreply 145September 29, 2021 4:39 PM

^It appears lots of Alex's family is still loose and very much in business right now. I doubt people who might become known to them will talk freely about what they know about the Murdaughs. The guy whom Alex apparently duped into getting involved in his "suicide" scam is said to be related to him distantly, and he indicated plainly to the press that he knows things about Alex that Alex does not want to become public. He has subsequently declined to say anything further about the matter (which was, legally, a wise move, and I imagine an attorney told him to keep his mouth shut for the time being). People will be tight-lipped about this until some charges start to stick to Alex, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 146September 29, 2021 4:47 PM

This Reddit thread contains the full-text of a WSJ article from Sept 23. This is the most comprehensive summary I've seen so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 29, 2021 4:52 PM

R147 I’m only a few paragraphs in, but something I’ve suspected has finally been confirmed when it was stated that Mandy Matney is a blog poster, so FITS NEWS must not even be an actual printed news paper. I wonder if Island Packet is just a website too and not an actual newspaper?

by Anonymousreply 148September 29, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]it was stated that Mandy Matney is a blog poster

That seemed like an intentional slam at Mandy, who has been very critical of "parachute journalists" like the one who wrote this article.

Mandy seems nice and competent, but she is too eager to make the story about herself, which isn't a sign of a good journalist.

by Anonymousreply 149September 29, 2021 5:42 PM

R148, that might be true, but a lot of "publications" exist only online; it doesn't necessarily mean that they unreliable.

by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2021 5:42 PM

If it’s a blog, why would I expect any journalistic integrity, by its very nature a blog is biased.

by Anonymousreply 151September 29, 2021 6:18 PM

That Saint Gabby Petite stole our thunder.

by Anonymousreply 152September 29, 2021 6:50 PM

Gabby and Mallory are wresting in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 153September 29, 2021 7:11 PM

The WSJ article is great. I had been looking for a pic of the Murdaugh home online, and could never find one. The article indicated that they sold their nearly 7,000 sq ft home (481 Holly Street) in May of 2020 for less than $400,000, which seems low, but is probably in line with other properties in that jerkwater town. Maggie's facebook indicated that they had moved to the "vacation house" that Buster was pictured at up-thread, so it would make sense that they would all be staying at their hunting estate, which was the only property they had that was local.

by Anonymousreply 154September 29, 2021 7:23 PM

Interesting comment from the Reddit poster who posted the WSJ article:

[quote]According to an affidavit of a close Murdaugh family associate, Buster had invited Stephen to join him on a family vacation to Key West, where he promised to “come out” about his sexual orientation and reveal their relationship to his family. Buster changed his mind about the Florida trip, apparently worried about how the family and public would react to him coming out as gay. Shortly after Buster allegedly changed his mind, Stephen was found dead.

[quote]An affidavit!!!

[quote]This means when Stephen was killed, people knew. It wasn’t a rumor. People knew about Buster and Stephen. And no one came forward and told the police or told his mother.

by Anonymousreply 155September 29, 2021 8:22 PM

Poor Stephen. Never fuck around with self-hating closet cases, no good can come of it

by Anonymousreply 156September 29, 2021 8:29 PM

Here's another interesting post (re-posted from somewhere else?) on the Reddit thread:

[quote]Before he became the focal point of America’s most riveting true crime drama – the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ saga – South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh was a legal representative and business partner of a man from Allendale, S.C. named Barrett T. Boulware.

[quote]And before 4157 Moselle Road in Islandton, S.C. became the site of one of South Carolina’s highest-profile homicides – the June 7, 2021 murders of 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh and 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh – this sprawling hunting property on the sleepy Salkehatchie River was soldto Alex Murdaugh by Boulware’s wife, Jeannine Morris Boulware.

[quote]For five dollars …

[quote]Wait, though … who are the Boulwares? And what is their nexus to this still-unspooling made-for-Hollywood drama?

by Anonymousreply 157September 29, 2021 8:36 PM

R157, the Boulewares are the “respectable” family alleged to be involved in drug-smuggling. At least per Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 158September 29, 2021 8:45 PM

Yes, R158.

There's a lot of juicy detail about the Boulware/Murdaugh connection on this Reddit thread - linked here (thanks to R147 for finding it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 29, 2021 8:50 PM

Very interesting, R157.

For comparison here's a 340 acre hunting property nearby with a very basic bunkhouse/garage but some admittedly attractive land (in that spooky swampy way.) $1.8M which would suggest the Murdaugh's ¢5 purchase (with or without improvements) was quite the bargain given it's 5x or 6x larger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 29, 2021 10:37 PM

Anybody else frustrated that still at this point when you look up “Murdaugh” on Twitter it wants to give you the results for “Murtaugh” and you need to dismiss those search results? How has Twitter not learned by now with the billions of tweets that people are searching for Murdaugh?

by Anonymousreply 161September 29, 2021 10:43 PM

find buster's dirty twitter. @scgingerpubes

by Anonymousreply 162September 29, 2021 10:45 PM

Dear Alex (which I have always secretly pronounced with an X):

Well, maybe you did me a favor. If you hadn’t killed me with that gun, I would have died of embarrassment by now, watching you make such a ridiculous jackass of yourself.

I would use this letter to tell you exactly what I think of you but I will get disqualified for an upgrade in accommodations if I use that type of language. I’m already on thin ice with the Landlord. Stuck in some boring waiting room with old Newsweek magazines, reportedly for the sins of greed and enabling two sociopaths.

The last time I saw Paul was when you shot him in the face. I asked the folks at the Information Desk where he was and they just rolled their eyes and said, “Oh, honey . . .” When I realized what they meant, I got tearful. Isn’t that pathetic, after all that little skunk did? But a mother’s love is hard to wear out. King Lear said it's sharper than a serpent’s tooth to have an ungrateful child. But the lingering love for such a child seems to bite with better aim.

Anyhow, I don’t want to get all philosophical because you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer and were never inclined to think about anyone other than someone called “Alex” who couldn’t even pronounce his own goddamn name. Oops. I’m gonna be in this room a little longer for that. But it was worth it.

Since there is zero chance of running into you in the future, I will use this opportunity to say:

Goodbye,

Margaret

by Anonymousreply 163September 29, 2021 11:45 PM

That was fun R163

by Anonymousreply 164September 29, 2021 11:55 PM

R163 Do Mallory next! Do Mallory next!

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2021 1:14 AM

I cut and pasted R163 from the Reddit page. It was written by Mrs. Betty Bowers, who, I assume, is the same one we know. It sounds like her.

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote]It was written by Mrs. Betty Bowers, who, I assume, is the same one we know. It sounds like her.

Then you are quoting Andrew Bradley. Comedian Devon Green came on board when he realized he needed a visual to go with his words. She had just scored with her parody of Brenda Dickson's Welcome to my Home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2021 3:55 AM

FITS news is shady as hell. that guy has a hard on for Thomas Ravenel ever since Ravenel fired him from his campaign. His site is a joke, he's a misogynist and his paywall is fucking stupid. Can't stand Will Folks.

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2021 2:14 PM

R143- I don't know how they're in business either but I get free subscriptions to People, Vanity Fair and Town & Country thru Mercury magazines. You answer a few questions about your industry and get points toward free magazines. Works very well and no spam after. If anyone has a waiting room or is say a hairstylist and needs magazines, it's a great way to do that.

From the site: [quote] Are these magazines really FREE? Yes...they are really FREE! There are no hidden costs, bills, or obligations. Unlike consumer magazines, which are available to anyone for purchase, these business publications are available at no cost, but only to those who qualify. While the publishers make no money on subscription sales, they are paid a premium by advertisers who want to get their message in front of a highly targeted audience. This allows publishers to offer them at no cost in a model that benefits the consumer, publisher and advertiser alike - everybody wins.

When will my subscription arrive? Your first issue of your subscription should arrive in 10-12 weeks from the time you completed your survey, provided you are qualified by the publisher. Please keep in mind that delivery time may vary from publisher to publisher.

What's required to qualify for the subscription? Publishers have a variety of criteria they use to determine qualification for their publications, and are solely responsible for determining the specific requirements needed for qualification. Unfortunately, Mercury Magazines does not have any influence over this process.

How do I know if I've qualified for the subscription? All completed survey forms are forwarded to the publisher for processing. It is the sole discretion of the publisher to determine if they will accept or deny subscriptions. Unfortunately publishers do not always have a procedure to notify subscribers if they are not accepted.

Can non-U.S. residents qualify to get free business publications? The publishers determine the countries that are eligible for free subscriptions. Some publishers have an international edition available.

How can I change my mailing address once I've ordered? You will need to contact the publisher of your subscription directly to change your address. You can find publisher contact information either in the first few pages of the print magazine or at the publisher website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2021 2:24 PM

R143- I don't know how they're in business either but I get free subscriptions to People, Vanity Fair and Town & Country thru Mercury magazines. You answer a few questions about your industry and get points toward free magazines. Works very well and no spam after. If anyone has a waiting room or is say a hairstylist and needs magazines, it's a great way to do that.

From the site:

[quote] Are these magazines really FREE? Yes...they are really FREE! There are no hidden costs, bills, or obligations. Unlike consumer magazines, which are available to anyone for purchase, these business publications are available at no cost, but only to those who qualify. While the publishers make no money on subscription sales, they are paid a premium by advertisers who want to get their message in front of a highly targeted audience. This allows publishers to offer them at no cost in a model that benefits the consumer, publisher and advertiser alike - everybody wins.

When will my subscription arrive? Your first issue of your subscription should arrive in 10-12 weeks from the time you completed your survey, provided you are qualified by the publisher. Please keep in mind that delivery time may vary from publisher to publisher.

What's required to qualify for the subscription? Publishers have a variety of criteria they use to determine qualification for their publications, and are solely responsible for determining the specific requirements needed for qualification. Unfortunately, Mercury Magazines does not have any influence over this process.

How do I know if I've qualified for the subscription? All completed survey forms are forwarded to the publisher for processing. It is the sole discretion of the publisher to determine if they will accept or deny subscriptions. Unfortunately publishers do not always have a procedure to notify subscribers if they are not accepted.

Can non-U.S. residents qualify to get free business publications? The publishers determine the countries that are eligible for free subscriptions. Some publishers have an international edition available.

How can I change my mailing address once I've ordered? You will need to contact the publisher of your subscription directly to change your address. You can find publisher contact information either in the first few pages of the print magazine or at the publisher website.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2021 2:24 PM

From the site:

[quote] Are these magazines really FREE? Yes...they are really FREE! There are no hidden costs, bills, or obligations. Unlike consumer magazines, which are available to anyone for purchase, these business publications are available at no cost, but only to those who qualify. While the publishers make no money on subscription sales, they are paid a premium by advertisers who want to get their message in front of a highly targeted audience. This allows publishers to offer them at no cost in a model that benefits the consumer, publisher and advertiser alike - everybody wins. When will my subscription arrive? Your first issue of your subscription should arrive in 10-12 weeks from the time you completed your survey, provided you are qualified by the publisher. Please keep in mind that delivery time may vary from publisher to publisher. What's required to qualify for the subscription? Publishers have a variety of criteria they use to determine qualification for their publications, and are solely responsible for determining the specific requirements needed for qualification. Unfortunately, Mercury Magazines does not have any influence over this process. How do I know if I've qualified for the subscription? All completed survey forms are forwarded to the publisher for processing. It is the sole discretion of the publisher to determine if they will accept or deny subscriptions. Unfortunately publishers do not always have a procedure to notify subscribers if they are not accepted. Can non-U.S. residents qualify to get free business publications? The publishers determine the countries that are eligible for free subscriptions. Some publishers have an international edition available. How can I change my mailing address once I've ordered? You will need to contact the publisher of your subscription directly to change your address. You can find publisher contact information either in the first few pages of the print magazine or at the publisher website.

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2021 2:25 PM

do you sell magazines?

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2021 2:32 PM

R172- As I stated previously: No. If I did I wouldn't be shilling free ones. I'm just telling people it exists in case anyone wants some. Geez. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2021 2:45 PM

FFS...three fucking dumbass posts about scam magazine subscriptions on a completely unrelated thread. Troll much?

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2021 2:51 PM

Thanks R174. I was totally lost after checking in on this thread after a few days and seeing magazine shit spammed. Was wondering what had happened.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2021 2:53 PM

R148- Correct on FITS. It's a glorified news blog but it's really a site for Folks to ostracize anyone he sees fit, usually those in politics. He has zero political connections and gets all of his info from online sources. He makes money from ads, "donations" (from politicians who want to smear someone) and his subscription base (although no one is stupid enough to pay it (just switch your ISP to your phone, a public WiFi or something). He's not respected at all, politically or journalistically and has several charges against him, one for pedophilia. He harassed one senate page to the point where she got a restraining order against him (she was 19 years old and he completely sexualized her, posted family photos of her with suggestive captions, one was "not the last lap she'll be grinding on" on a photo of the girl and her grandfather, sent out numerous emails to govt officials and her fellow pages with a list of whom she had supposedly slept with, photoshopped her head onto a porn stars body- basically he tried to ruin a young woman's life because she didn't want to do a interview with his creepy self. A few years later, he started in on one of the Calhouns, calling her senate Barbie, posting her childhood photos, etc.These things pretty much nullified any credibility he had and have rightfully ruined his political consulting career. The Island Packet does exist in print, I think it's a bi-weekly or weekly now but you'll find better reporting on this (and anything else) in the Post & Courier.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2021 3:00 PM

Yes, Will Folks does seem very creepy. Just “off” in every way- looks, demeanor, obviously with the harassing behavior.

I’ll still read the shit he’s slinging because it’s amusing. But I wouldn’t pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 177September 30, 2021 3:31 PM

Was Will Folks slipping the dick to Nikki Haley?

by Anonymousreply 178September 30, 2021 3:36 PM

So what the insight to Mandy Matley moving from Island Packet to FITS NEWS, is IP an actual journalistic endeavor and Will lured her away to give his format more journalistic weight?

by Anonymousreply 179September 30, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]So what the insight to Mandy Matley moving from Island Packet to FITS NEWS

There is speculation that Island Packet was not thrilled with her sharing deposition testimony that was under a court order to remain confidential.

She is apparently friends with the attorney representing the Beach family and he gave her copies of depositions that were taken as part of a mediation.

Parkers, a defendant, filed an objection with the court to the deposition being released to Mandy.

by Anonymousreply 180September 30, 2021 4:37 PM

People mag stands by their claim that Maggie consulted a divorce attorney. Alex's lawyer counters with, "But they sent nice text messages to each other!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 30, 2021 8:34 PM

God, he is HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 182September 30, 2021 8:36 PM

Miss Maggie’s not exactly Helen of Troy herself…

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2021 8:38 PM

R181 That "denial" does not contain the words "Maggie did not consult a divorce attorney six weeks before she was murdered."

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2021 8:40 PM

Maggie was okay-looking for a 50-something frau. Alex looks like Brian Dennehy with tardface

by Anonymousreply 185September 30, 2021 8:43 PM

Did Buster kill Stephen Smith or did daddy kill him for "luring his son into the gay lifestyle" or some shit like that

by Anonymousreply 186September 30, 2021 8:45 PM

R186 I think Paul killed him.

by Anonymousreply 187September 30, 2021 8:50 PM

Alex's spokesmodel said they had reviewed many years of text messages. How is that possible? I thought carriers only save a max of one year, unless there was some reason to do otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 188October 1, 2021 3:59 AM

^If you're an attorney, there might well be very good reasons to preserve texts for as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 189October 1, 2021 2:37 PM

^I guess, like OJ, they are looking for the killer. In the digital age you don't even have to go to the trouble of doing it at the golf course.

by Anonymousreply 190October 1, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote]Alex's spokesmodel said they had reviewed many years of text messages.

Alex's spokemodel also said that he had been shot in the head. And by strangers in a blue pickup. And that he had nothing to do with it.

Alex's PR people and attorneys are liars, just like their client.

There is nothing in their latest statement that denied that Maggie met with a divorce lawyer 6 weeks before she was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 191October 1, 2021 2:54 PM

OJ can take Alex on some of his golf trips. They can search for the real killers together

by Anonymousreply 192October 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Murdaugh Most Foul

Red Man Walking

Nothing Could Be Finer than to Kill in Carolina in the Morning

by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2021 3:14 PM

There was a WSJ article posted on Reddit. The most interesting thing was that changes in the tort laws (?) meant that PIMPED was now going to lose the major part of their business.

by Anonymousreply 194October 1, 2021 3:33 PM

PiMPED made its money by suing railroads. SC had a law that you could sue in any county if the corporation did business anywhere in the state. So they kept suing in Hampton County, where they could count on the judges and juries.

by Anonymousreply 195October 1, 2021 5:46 PM

R194, this is a short blurb about the law if you are interested. Apparently, the change in personal injury law happened in large part because of the Murdaugh law firm: before the change in law, any corporation that did business in South Carolina could be sued in Hampton County, which had a history of awarding huge verdicts to plaintiffs who were, presumably, represented by Alex and his partners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 1, 2021 6:04 PM

Anyone else think that the three boat girls were most likely all Mean Girls, but no one is going to say that?

by Anonymousreply 197October 2, 2021 12:38 AM

And wore a lot of turquoise. Yes. Know the time.

by Anonymousreply 198October 2, 2021 1:12 AM

No, these girls didn’t have enough money to be southern mean girls.

They were just dumb, redneck adjacent but “sweet” girls trying to get by on their looks.

I went to school with girls like this.

The true “mean girls” girls are in private schools in Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 199October 2, 2021 3:51 AM

^Or sitting in a sorority house at USC.

by Anonymousreply 200October 2, 2021 1:44 PM

I disagree R199, these girls are old enough now to be out of college and working at/owning a clothing “boutique” at the beach is a dream come true for that type. They apparently all worked there at some point, and two of the girls working ( I believe one is the owner or daughter of the owner) there now were in the boat the night of the crash. They are obviously mean girls, look at the reviews for It’s Retail Therapy. Lots of people commenting about how they were ignored by the employees. Typical mean girl behavior.

by Anonymousreply 201October 2, 2021 6:01 PM

R201 Interesting, is that on Yelp reviews?

by Anonymousreply 202October 2, 2021 6:05 PM

Google and Facebook. One of the Google reviews is from a Mary Elizabeth Murdaugh, who I assume is a daughter of one of Alex’s two brothers.

by Anonymousreply 203October 2, 2021 6:12 PM

I just left a review stating how unnerving it was to be waited on by someone who was dead.

by Anonymousreply 204October 2, 2021 6:33 PM

Good news for the family of the maid who "accidentally" fell and died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 4, 2021 5:52 PM

That lawyer is settling in hopes the whole thing will blow over and the SC bar won't yank his license.

He should be criminally charged.

by Anonymousreply 206October 4, 2021 6:23 PM

LMAO at the latest Mandy Matney production where she goes even further inserting herself dramatically into the story then before. Apparently, during Alec’s hearing she couldn’t be there “for personal reasons, that she will reveal some day in her book,” and Alec’s lawyer made a disparaging sexist remark about her and she is having none of it! NONE OF IT! She just keeps coming off as the insufferable mean girl intrepid editor of the school newspaper in this bizarre Riverdalesque saga. So, what will her devastating personal reveal be, that she has vocal nodes? A miscarriage from the stress? A meeting with Netflix to sell her story? Stay tuned for more of the Mandy Matney show, not those other evil outside journalist who are riding in her coattails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 5, 2021 8:57 AM

R207 I thought it was very unprofessional of her to constantly make the story about herself.

And what kind of a journalist is she that didn't get that in the remark Alex's slimy attorney made, the word "sexual" was about gender, not intercourse?

by Anonymousreply 208October 5, 2021 2:16 PM

She wants revenge because she was Margaret's secret lesbian lover?

by Anonymousreply 209October 5, 2021 2:57 PM

R208 - A shitty one. The only kind associated with FITS.

by Anonymousreply 210October 6, 2021 3:15 AM

How can they sue him when he's already squandered all the money? Less suing, more criminal charges, please!

"Alex Murdaugh’s former law firm, founded by his great-grandfather in 1910, filed a lawsuit claiming that Murdaugh funneled stolen money from clients and the law firm into a fake bank account for years. Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick filed the suit Wednesday in Colleton County court, alleging its former employee “was able to covertly steal these funds by disguising disbursements from settlements as payments” to Murdaugh’s fraudulent account, the firm alleges. PMPED’s lawsuit against Murdaugh comes one day after court documents indicated the firm could be implicated in Murdaugh’s scheme to divert a multimillion-dollar settlement away from the heirs of his former housekeeper."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 6, 2021 7:42 PM

If Murdaugh has squandered the money he stole, then if the law film he stole from get a judgement against him, they can seize whatever houses and real estate he owns, cars, jewelry, and anything salable. Which won't be enough to make up their losses, but they'll do it anyway, in the hopes that making a show of honesty will save the firm. Which probably can't be saved, because I bet the other attorneys were just as corrupt as Alex.

Buster's inheritance is probably going to consist of whatever secret offshore accounts Alex is willing to tell him about, and that won't be all of them.

by Anonymousreply 212October 6, 2021 9:14 PM

Really, Buster's life is probably essentially over. Even if he wasn't involved in any of the fuckery, it will still follow, and haunt him the rest of his days. I still imagine that he'll commit suicide at some point; ditto with Alex.

by Anonymousreply 213October 6, 2021 9:36 PM

If Alec has gotten this far without killing himself, he won't do so any time soon, and IMHO he won't until it's clear that the game is up and he's got no recourse but to accept jail and/or life as a poor person. My guess is that he'll stretch out the legal fights for a few years, possibly shoot himself if all the judgements go against him, or possibly then leave the country and live on whatever he's got in secret offshore accounts. But it's hard to give up a place in a community like the one he had, the big fish in a small pond, people love status and if he flees to live as a fugitive in the Caymans or Uruguay or whatever, he'll have to live as a nobody with limited resources.

Either way, he'll leave Buster with diddly-squat, and Buster will have to live with no family money and the handicap of notoriety he didn't earn.

by Anonymousreply 214October 6, 2021 10:57 PM

I saw somewhere that 6 weeks before she was killed the wife had written a check to a charity that bounced . Apparently there was indeed marital troubles. Im convinced he was the one who killed the wife and son.

by Anonymousreply 215October 7, 2021 12:03 AM

One of his brothers was an accountant with the law firm. Who will want to do business with such an inept bunch.

by Anonymousreply 216October 7, 2021 12:15 AM

R213 Weirdly, it’s a blessing Buster got thrown out of law school for plagiarism and ended his law career there, because at this point no one is going to take him seriously as a lawyer with this family background and he can’t just be slotted into the family business anymore. His best bet is to change his name, dye his hair, move to Alaska and become a park ranger or find some career like that.

by Anonymousreply 217October 7, 2021 12:53 AM

R217 A park ranger?! With his taste in clothes?

by Anonymousreply 218October 7, 2021 1:25 AM

R218 Exactly, he need a career where the outfit is provided.

by Anonymousreply 219October 7, 2021 1:28 AM

At least he'll be able to sell his Ranger outfits in his online store for a little extra cash.

by Anonymousreply 220October 7, 2021 2:22 AM

Please.

Buster gonna get him an OnlyFans account.

by Anonymousreply 221October 7, 2021 5:36 AM

This is nice and the first time I’m seeing the LGBTQ+ community reacting to this murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 7, 2021 12:16 PM

R222 Wonderful. Open your wallets, DLers!

by Anonymousreply 223October 7, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote]Buster gonna get him an OnlyFans account.

Oh, honey . . . with that face, it will be an OnlyFan.

by Anonymousreply 224October 7, 2021 5:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 9, 2021 3:23 AM

[quote][R222] Wonderful. Open your wallets, DLers!

I did, and a moth flew out.

by Anonymousreply 226October 9, 2021 3:37 AM

Here is the gofundme page for the Stephen Smith fundraiser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 9, 2021 3:47 AM

R225 GREAT article...what a total bunch of thieves these hicks are; shell companies, fake trustees. Its really getting good now.... I never thought Alex killed Maggie and Paul, but now I think he killed Maggie, and later Paul when he saw so9mething he shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 228October 9, 2021 4:08 AM

This is all so damned trashy. And these people thought they had class.

by Anonymousreply 229October 9, 2021 5:50 PM

You know that the housekeeper wasn't the first person they tried that insurance scam on.

The judge who signed off on the "settlement" -- without even a case number -- needs to be investigated, too.

by Anonymousreply 230October 9, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]Murdaugh, who came into the national spotlight this year when he found his wife and youngest son shot to death in the yet-to-be-resolved case, is currently in jail after allegedly hiring a hit man to shoot him in the head to collect insurance money.

Crackerjack reporting by the Daily Mail. Alex is NOT in jail, which is an outrage.

by Anonymousreply 231October 9, 2021 5:56 PM

R217- Buster was never in law school. Total fabrication.

by Anonymousreply 232October 9, 2021 6:05 PM

R232 Kindly, do not talk out of your ass.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Buster was thrown out of law school for plagiarism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 9, 2021 6:16 PM

Alex's translucent eyebrows freak me out.

by Anonymousreply 234October 9, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote]Crackerjack reporting by the Daily Mail. Alex is NOT in jail, which is an outrage.

He WAS in jail, and posted bond to get out, just like anyone else would be able to (if they had the resources, or went through a bail bondsman.)

by Anonymousreply 235October 9, 2021 10:26 PM

The housekeeper's death is creepy given everything that has since come out about Murdaugh. If I've understood correctly, she died; Murdaugh got the sons to make an insurance claim against him, then funnelled most of the award to himself through corrupt lawyer friends, which the sons didn't know about? Really makes you wonder whether she was killed for this express purpose.

by Anonymousreply 236October 9, 2021 11:52 PM

It reminds me of that scandal about 20 years ago in which some lowlifes were “adopting” homeless people, insuring them to the teeth, then killing them.

by Anonymousreply 237October 9, 2021 11:54 PM

R237 I don’t know about that particular case, but here’s one where they were doing that back in 1879.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 10, 2021 12:29 AM

Think he may mean Helen Golay and Olga Rutterschmidt, two women in their 70s who were obsessed with identity fraud. Two homeless men they'd housed and cared for for two years were run over in similar circumstances, and they collected insurance policies on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 10, 2021 12:37 AM

r239's story was the plot of an episode of The Closer.

by Anonymousreply 240October 10, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote]Buster was never in law school.

Neither was Buck.

by Anonymousreply 241October 10, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote]He WAS in jail

For a minute. The Daily Mail made it sound as if he still was.

by Anonymousreply 242October 10, 2021 3:01 AM

I will add some local color:

A beloved football coach died in my hometown Saturday. My hometown is close to Hampton, SC.

One of the Coach’s pallbearers has the last name “Murdaugh.”

They’re sure to be related. Doesn’t look like this Murdaugh is a lawyer, though.

by Anonymousreply 243October 12, 2021 12:35 AM

Maybe it's Buster, R243.

by Anonymousreply 244October 12, 2021 9:17 AM

recap in today's NYTimes to bring you up to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 12, 2021 1:22 PM

Their beach house on Edisto Island is being levied for nonpayment of taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2021 2:52 PM

Well, that’s another reason for poor Maggie to roll over in her grave, it seems like that was her happy place.

by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2021 2:56 PM

This case is going to end with a whimper when they put Alex in prison for tax evasion.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2021 2:58 PM

^Sylvia, does the IRS require you to claim stolen trust account funds as income? LOL...

by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2021 3:03 PM

I've been away.... what is the best guess as to who murdered Mom and son Paul? so much has happened since then. Thanks in advance

by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote] Really makes you wonder whether [Gloria Satterfield] was killed for this express purpose

What a horrid act, if that ever ends up being the case. Sadly, it's well within the territory of possibilities.

Imagine what type of psychopath it would take to allegedly conspire to murder your family nanny of 25 years, someone who cared for your children since infancy, just to collect money in an insurance fraud scheme. And that's far from the worst of it. How could someone allegedly murder their own wife and son? It's mind boggling trying to fathom how anyone could commit such heinous acts.

by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2021 3:50 PM

R250 It’s still all over the place depending on if you think Maggie was the primary target or Paul was, or the hundred variations in between that.

by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]Imagine what type of psychopath it would take to allegedly conspire to murder your family nanny of 25 years, someone who cared for your children since infancy, just to collect money in an insurance fraud scheme.

The same type of sociopath who would then defraud her only children of millions of dollars after promising to help them if they didn't tell anyone?

by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2021 5:10 PM

R250, Alex was involved in heavy-duty embezzlement, client fraud, and probably insurance fraud over a number of years. He thinks he can get away with stupid things, such as his alleged suicide attempt. There are rumors that his marriage was in trouble. He looks like the prime suspect, although he might have badgered someone else into helping him with the murders, just as he did with the "suicide attempt."

by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2021 5:22 PM

Also, both of his sons are connected to suspicious deaths. That suggests that they grew up in a very warped environment.

by Anonymousreply 255October 12, 2021 5:31 PM

Basic corpse Gabby Petisco stole their thunder.

by Anonymousreply 256October 12, 2021 6:12 PM

So who is DL casting in the role of Curtis Edward Smith? Alex's accomplice in the failed/murder attempt....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 12, 2021 7:43 PM

^^ Randy Quaid, of course ^^

by Anonymousreply 258October 12, 2021 8:19 PM

In that photo, he looks pretty much just like Kurt Russell.

by Anonymousreply 259October 12, 2021 8:29 PM

A young Gene Hackman.

But alas, that ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 260October 13, 2021 5:05 AM

So many potential twists in this screenplay.

Alex (third generation fuck up) is addicted to dope and money (for gambling?). Begins “borrowing” from client accounts but needs to repay. The firm knows he’s doing it. They are quiet because he’s a name partner and has repaid in the past.

Unfortunately, some big “investments” go south. He uses his influence over the local Justice system and his skills as a insurance lawyer to cover up his and his favored younger son’s malfeasance. Keeps Paul out of jail. Does in housekeeper (and Daddy) to raise funds to try to cover embezzlements.

Might have been enough except Wife figures it out and decides to get out while there’s still some cash on hand. He has her done in but poor Paul gets caught in crossfire.

Double murder means the Law is beginning to circle. He’s got no wife, favorite son is dead, law partners are nervous that borrowed funds haven’t been repaid and they finally go public hoping to cover their asses.

Desperate and despondent, he was planning to slip out of the country after arranging a suicide where Randy Quaid-lookalike’s body was somehow going substitute for his (courtesy of same coroner who ruled housekeeper’s death natural causes?).

“Buster” was going to see about as much of that ten million insurance settlement as did the housekeeper’ kids.

Suicide plot went array.

“Alec” is going away.

by Anonymousreply 261October 13, 2021 10:45 AM

Where the heck is Barnaby Jones when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 262October 13, 2021 11:40 AM

Alex’s lawyer has admitted that Alex is a “person of interest” in the murders of his wife and son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 14, 2021 1:10 AM

Can't stop fantasizing about older son Buster and big black cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 14, 2021 1:30 AM

Poor unfortunate soul.

by Anonymousreply 265October 14, 2021 1:51 AM

R264

In a porn movie - or real life - that picture would be the set-up for them all to run a train on Buster.

It's probably not out of the realm of possibility.

by Anonymousreply 266October 14, 2021 1:23 PM

Eddie speaks!!

"If I'da shot him, he'd be dead."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 14, 2021 1:54 PM

#BREAKING Alex Murdaugh, upon his release from drug rehab in Orlando, Florida, was arrested and charged in connection to insurance settlements obtained following housekeeper Gloria Satterfield’s death. He’ll be extradited back to South Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 14, 2021 3:13 PM

FINALLY!

by Anonymousreply 269October 14, 2021 3:47 PM

Plea bargain next for murder...he admits he did them in exchange for not pursuing the death penalty. ?

by Anonymousreply 270October 14, 2021 4:18 PM

R270, he might plead out because he might not be able to pay for multiple murder trials.

by Anonymousreply 271October 14, 2021 4:33 PM

But at least I face it all sober and clearheaded!

by Anonymousreply 272October 14, 2021 4:38 PM

Jim Griffin’s & Dick Harpootlian’s Statement:

[quote]Our client was too strung out of heroin, ur, we mean opioids, for 2, ur, we mean 20 years, that he didn't know what he was doing when he concocted that elaborate scheme to steal from Gloria Satterfield's sons. And he sure as shottin', pardon the expression, didn't recognize Paul or Maggie when he went outside to shoot an intruder in the face. Alex is the real victim here. We are crying for HIM as we get our little lady secretary to type this statement. Let he who has not sinned serve the next indictment.

by Anonymousreply 273October 14, 2021 4:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 14, 2021 4:56 PM

Finally, JUSTICE!!!

Well, for one of his crimes. But it's one of the biggies.

by Anonymousreply 275October 14, 2021 5:29 PM

Dude got ahold of some Just For Men blond hair dye

by Anonymousreply 276October 14, 2021 5:31 PM

Alex ran up debt up to his eyeballs and embezzled funds from client accounts because he was used to a certain level of luxury that isn’t as easy for a local scion lawyer to maintain as it was in his father’s generations.

The housekeeper actually did fall, but Alex took advantage of her death to try and amass more funds.

Alex’s first kill was a hitman he hired to kill Stephen Smith, because he caught him and Buster together sexually, or even just heard about it. When Alex got away with that, his ego ballooned. But Maggie was probably suspicious and making comments at home.

Paul’s drunken driving that got a girl killed led to increased tension in the family, and Maggie may have begun to criticize Alex and examine his spending habits more closely with the potential of a civil verdict.

Alex, encouraged by getting away with Smith’s murder and feeling the heat from a Maggie considering divorce, decided to hire a hitman again to have her taken out as well. He may genuinely have been abusing drugs at this time because this plan was immensely stupid!! Paul witnessed or otherwise interrupted the killing, and got shot himself. The double nature of the murder drew far more attention than Alex expected (again, stupid).

by Anonymousreply 277October 14, 2021 5:43 PM

I’m sure of all the crimes he’s committed he thought the least about getting caught for this one. This is the tip of the iceberg, but the one he felt was easiest to pull fd since he controlled after inch of it from the start.

by Anonymousreply 278October 14, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]The housekeeper actually did fall

Thank you omniscient Jesus for letting us know this.

by Anonymousreply 279October 14, 2021 5:54 PM

I don't think Alex is brave enough to face real prison time.

by Anonymousreply 280October 14, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]I’m sure of all the crimes he’s committed he thought the least about getting caught for this one.

I think Alex had gotten away with so much, he didn't think he would get caught for anything.

His worst fear was probably the money he stole from clients, but, even then, I bet he thought the firm would have a self-interest in keeping that hush-hush, allowing him to quietly repay it.

by Anonymousreply 281October 14, 2021 5:56 PM

In addition to arresting him for stealing the settlement money, they have opened an inquiry into the housekeeper’s death.

by Anonymousreply 282October 14, 2021 6:13 PM

"I don't think Alex is brave enough to face real prison time."

I'm sure he'll count on his connections in the legal system to give him an easy plea bargain, send him to a luxury minimum-security prison, and grant him an early and lenient parole.

My crystal-ball wild guess is that he'll do time for assorted acts of embezzlement, get out of a luxury prison early, and head for a country where he's stashed some stolen millions. Interpol will not be notified of a parole violator leaving the country, and nobody will ever be arrested for the various murders that have taken place here.

by Anonymousreply 283October 14, 2021 6:19 PM

Meanwhile, Buster went to a football game. Caption this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 14, 2021 6:44 PM

R284 Mandy tweeted the uncropped version of that pic. Buster is looking at a table of booze bottles like he wants to give them all blowjobs.

That is/was a family of drunks.

by Anonymousreply 285October 14, 2021 7:00 PM

Here I thought he was eyeing some BBC.

by Anonymousreply 286October 14, 2021 8:40 PM

Charges related to dead housekeeper’s money…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 14, 2021 8:43 PM

I'm still puzzled by the suggested amounts of money and where it went.

The Murdaughs lived big for their little corner of Hicksville in Colleton County and Hampton, bit didn't hold the tiniest candle to the big money or old names of Charleston, not even to Savannah.

The Hampton house that had been their principal home was sold, and they split time between the Edisto house and the Moselle hunting lodge. The Hampton house sold for $400K-something because it was in fuck all Hampton. The Edisto house cost about that much and is now worth more, but it's modest by the standards of the place. The hunting lodge may be worth a lot of money to judge by large tracts of the same purpose in the area, but of course it cost a whopping $5.00, officially.

Either the Murdaughs worked miracles for the day that parted with the hunting estate for a fiver, or it was a way to keep a thumb on the Murdaughs.: Gratitude or control or something shifty in between.

Drugs, whores, pissing money away can burn through sums 8n the six figures, but in the seven- and eight-figures? How the fuck?

Something about selling a property worth millions for $5 makes me think the chain of dreadful events was set in motion by some yet unheard of crime. How else do you come to kill your housekeeper, secure an accidental death payment of $5.4M but tell the beneficiaries it was $500K and not even turn that small fraction over to them?

Something set Big Red in a s ramble for cash. The aggravating factors are well known, I just wonder if the root cause remains unknown.

The family were powerful for having a finger in every pie related to law and law enforcement for a century, but there are plenty such families who do this and simply indulge in the occasional more benign favors of advance knowledge and indirect benefits. They do set off killing sprees and insane cover-ups. The Murdaughs are too much dumbass hicks to be very clever about anything. Their association with the shiftier and presumably cleverer drug smuggling family (allegedly) is the interesting link, or so it seems to me.

by Anonymousreply 288October 14, 2021 10:30 PM

Alex has the crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 289October 15, 2021 12:27 AM

I'm with R288, the Murdaughs didn't seem to be spending the kind of money that Alex allegedly stole. Yes, they lived well, but did so in an area with a low cost of living, where real estate was cheap. And nobody's mentioned Their lifestyle seems like the sort that a successful lawyer with good connections could afford, without stealing millions.

So where DID the stolen millions go? Drugs? Blackmail? Gambling? Invested with Madoff? Did Alex have four or five other families to support? Offshore bank accounts that Maggie couldn't touch? Buster stole it all?

by Anonymousreply 290October 15, 2021 5:40 AM

R284's pic would support the headline "ROYAL CANNIBAL HORROR: PRINCE HARRY DEVOURS MEGHAN MARKLE."

by Anonymousreply 291October 15, 2021 6:32 AM

This picture is all. If Dawgpound had ever done integrated videos instead all black videos, this would have been the first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 15, 2021 6:53 AM

It’s so creepy because he is free of pigment but has black black eyes. Scary-looking motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 293October 16, 2021 6:22 AM

For posters who live or have lived in the area, what are the odds that the many, many layers of this will be unearthed and all of various associated crimes resolved? If people aren't talking to CNN would they talk to LE which has been less than forthright and known to be corrupt? Is the FBI's involvement limited to examining Stephen Smith's phone?

by Anonymousreply 294October 16, 2021 6:01 PM

R294 Supposedly, the feds are all over the embezzling and money laundering angle, too.

by Anonymousreply 295October 16, 2021 6:14 PM

R293, he has his father’s eyes . . .

by Anonymousreply 296October 16, 2021 6:24 PM

The locals might not be talking to LE, but you can be sure they’re talking to each other. And someone in the gossip chain will eventually spill.

by Anonymousreply 297October 16, 2021 8:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Maxwell isn't already dead. When's the last time she's been seen or heard from?

by Anonymousreply 298October 16, 2021 8:28 PM

R298 What does Maxwell have to do with Murdaugh? Wrong thread glitch?

by Anonymousreply 299October 16, 2021 8:30 PM

Why aren’t the brother Murdaugh all over Good Morning America now mansplaining what’s going on now?

by Anonymousreply 300October 16, 2021 8:33 PM

The Murdaugh brothers and their partners in "law" will be best served by keeping their mouths shut, waiting for all the nosy bitches of the internet to move on to some other headline-making crime, and using their money and connections to keep everyone's attention on Alex and not them. I have no doubt that their law firm is corrupt up to the top the chimney, but I'm sure a certain number of their clients like them precisely *because* they're corrupt! That's how corrupt societies or systems work, nobody tries to do things honestly, they make alliances with the people as close as possible to the heart of the corruption, because they're the ones that can get things done.

The corruption will stay even if the Murdaughs topple as a group, because nobody there wants egalatarianism or the rule of law to break out... or at least, nobody who matters does.

by Anonymousreply 301October 16, 2021 11:39 PM

Lifetime is doing the movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Will Tori Spelling be playing Maggie?

by Anonymousreply 303October 17, 2021 4:27 PM

LOL R302 ! You just know those black guys think hes a piece of shit but hang out with him cause he pays for everything. Hes too ugly to have real friends. Plus theyve all pounded those milky white cakes ,maybe even at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 304October 17, 2021 4:30 PM

Those black guys are not going to like becoming a meme for Buster...he should maybe keep an eye over his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 305October 17, 2021 5:31 PM

He can stay at the beach. Colored folks don't like the beach.

by Anonymousreply 306October 17, 2021 6:02 PM

^That beach house done been repo'd, herney.

by Anonymousreply 307October 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Buster’s going be living in a killer boat, down by the river, without a paddle soon.

by Anonymousreply 308October 17, 2021 6:56 PM

I bet Buster knows where daddy hid some of the money.

by Anonymousreply 309October 17, 2021 7:25 PM

I'd love to know what the hell Buster is thinking. I think my mind would be blown and I'd be very confused.

by Anonymousreply 310October 17, 2021 9:51 PM

If he's able to hit a ball game and cocktails, I'd say he's feeling okay about the way things are going, R310.

by Anonymousreply 311October 17, 2021 11:28 PM

I would not assume that, maybe someone dragged him there saying "You've got to stop drinking yourself to death at home, come to a baseball game! They've even got drinks, get off the couch and come along!".

And if Alex has stolen millions stashed away, he hasn't told Buster how to get to them. Sure, Buster didn't seem to be a sociopath like the younger kid, but he couldn't be trusted not to tell his mother about the money before the double murder, and couldn't be trusted not to avenge her after.

by Anonymousreply 312October 17, 2021 11:41 PM

There are new reports that Alex Murdaugh is back in jail - the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center in South Carolina. He was extradited from his rehab facility and arrested on felony fraud charges for stealing $4 million from his housekeeper's life insurance policy.

by Anonymousreply 313October 18, 2021 6:20 AM

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 314October 18, 2021 1:15 PM

It’s hard to understand how a persons life an fall apart so completely.

If he’s some evil genius, why didn’t he have backup options / safety nets in place?

To have so many privileges in life and still end up like this… it’s truly baffling.

And, no, I don’t think it was because of drugs. I’ve known a lot of high functioning pill heads. Seems he was one, too.

by Anonymousreply 315October 18, 2021 2:40 PM

No, he wasn’t some sort of evil genius. In fact I’ll bet he is very stupid, not the man his father, grandfather etc was. It was all handed to him. He saw a low level con (keeping the settlement money) because the housekeeper’s sons were even dumber and would be afraid to confront him. I’ll also bet that the other lawyers just rolled their eyes at his work product.

Re the embezzlement…millions? That could be an exaggeration, sloppy bookkeeping, other “borrowers” at the firm letting him take the fall. If it comes out that he was gambling, okay, but I can’t see him having the brains to stash it offshore.

by Anonymousreply 316October 18, 2021 3:22 PM

Let's do a remake of Double Indemnity where some rich schmuck kills his housekeeper and steals from her insurance

by Anonymousreply 317October 18, 2021 3:27 PM

"It’s hard to understand how a persons life an fall apart so completely."

No, I think he's either stupid or lazy, both spoiled and entitled, and that makes him a lousy criminal. A proper Master Crimninal thinks everything through and plans for every eventuality, but he counted on his social position and the support of his family to carry him through any difficulties, but now his brothers have thrown him under the bus to save their own asses, and the story is national so he can't count on his corrupt cronies to make it all disappear.

He's a classic case of someone who isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 318October 18, 2021 3:56 PM

Do we all agree that Alex killed Maw and sonny-boy?

by Anonymousreply 319October 18, 2021 4:05 PM

^It certainly seems like the most likely explanation to me. So far.

by Anonymousreply 320October 18, 2021 4:26 PM

^Although...the stupid disposal of Maggie's cell phone on the side of the road argues against Alex being involved directly. As an attorney, he would have known all about how the phone would still be communicating with satellites re its whereabouts, so long as it still had the battery in it, etc., and consequently, he would have made sure that it went into the water somewhere. Maybe Alex paid somebody to do this, but it is HARD to imagine an attorney being dumb enough to believe that paying for an act that is so heinous and violent would not come out in public sooner rather than later. People don't often get away with these kind of hired killings. Maybe Alex KNEW a professional killer. It's confounding, but the key factor to me seems to be that Alex would have certainly known better than to trust a 3rd party to do something so inherently dangerous to HIMSELF, re the risk of getting exposed.

by Anonymousreply 321October 18, 2021 4:34 PM

And what about that Harpootlian numbskull proclaiming weeks ago that "they" KNEW who the real killer(s) were, and that it would all be revealed in the coming days? Who did they have in mind, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 322October 18, 2021 4:44 PM

I wonder if Alex was trying to frame his supplier.

by Anonymousreply 323October 18, 2021 4:57 PM

R321, it's all less surprising when you think of what the family had been getting away with for years. Alex was used to law enforcement and the whole legal community playing along and covering everything up.

by Anonymousreply 324October 18, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]And what about that Harpootlian numbskull proclaiming weeks ago that "they" KNEW who the real killer(s) were

That wasn't as funny as Harpoot saying Alex paid his drug dealer millions of dollars with checks.

by Anonymousreply 325October 18, 2021 5:40 PM

Yes, he may have got sloppy towards the end after experiencing getting away with so many things, and having the corrupt network of fellow law enforcement and lawyers/judges on his side. Thought experiment: imagine if the media hadn't blown this up? You can see him just quietly getting away with it again. Instead the media attention has put pressure on law enforcement to look into his crimes. And they still haven't arrested anyone for the murders.

by Anonymousreply 326October 18, 2021 7:05 PM

R326, it makes you wonder who brought the story to the attention of the national media. The story is interesting because of the broader context, including the other suspicious deaths. Someone local must have tipped off reporters that this was a case worth looking at.

by Anonymousreply 327October 18, 2021 8:10 PM

R327 While the media and public don't really care about the murders of poor scrubs like Stephen Smith, the murders of wealthy upper middle class people are certainly interesting, so I guess (hypothetically assuming he was the one who did it) he went too far, got too confident, and bam, the house of cards is now finally going to come down. Killers and other criminals don't generally stop, they just keep doing it, and even becoming bolder. I don't think he was a genius at all. Just someone who was used to getting away with things and went too far.

by Anonymousreply 328October 18, 2021 8:15 PM

[Quote]fraud charges for stealing $4 million from his housekeeper's life insurance policy.

What insurance company would write a policy of 4M for a housekeeper? This doesn't sound credible.

by Anonymousreply 329October 18, 2021 11:04 PM

R329, the claim was actually against Murdaugh’s household liability insurance.

by Anonymousreply 330October 18, 2021 11:10 PM

Isn't a wrongful death action for lost potential wages?

What insurance company would think a, literal, old maid, would make $4,000,000?

I suspect someone was part of the scheme.

by Anonymousreply 331October 18, 2021 11:42 PM

"Do we all agree that Alex killed Maw and sonny-boy?"

We still don't know. It's likely enough, but that family had so many enemies that there are still plenty of other possibilities.

Whoever killed them, I'm glad to see Alex going down, one less corrupt petty oligarch means that the world is going to be a slightly better place.

by Anonymousreply 332October 19, 2021 1:53 AM

“OK, I feel I’ve done my time, I’d like to leave now thank you very much.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 19, 2021 2:02 PM

It's so funny that the news is making this family out to be a dynasty. No. Far from it. They were ambulance chasers who got lucky they were not involved in the community, Maggie wasn't even a member of the Garden Club or the JL.

Just wait til FITS finally gets wind of the stripper that Alex had stashed in a little trailer Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. The stripper was previously involved with Kent "Shamu" Hardison, another slimey attorney from NC, whose son impregnated a high school girl, Sophia, who killed the baby after delivering it at home, then while on trial was pregnant again. Hardison's wife is now raising that child since the son OD'd and Sophia is beyond unfit. Shamu is Alex's best friend and LE has already uncovered multiple payoffs funneled thru Hardison?Leone to the Murdaugh firm. Hardison has already hired Gerald Hayes (Hayes/Parrish Daughtry) to represent him. Follow the trail and it leads to investments in massage parlors, strip clubs, internet cafe/gambling shacks....Google the suicide of Raymond Mulkey- it's the exact same situation as here and surprise, surprise- Mulkey was not only related to the Murdaugh's, his massive bank fraud is directly connected to the firm as well.

by Anonymousreply 334October 19, 2021 3:04 PM

BAIL DENIED! This judge is having none of the Murdaugh defense team's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 335October 19, 2021 3:16 PM

^^ That's some of the best news yet to come out of this tragic saga. Good.

by Anonymousreply 336October 19, 2021 3:35 PM

And he ordered a psych eval, which is going to be loads of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 19, 2021 3:44 PM

R333 Are police officers putting their pronouns on their uniforms now?

by Anonymousreply 338October 19, 2021 3:48 PM

R334, sounds like a whole lot of dirt there. Does that make it more or less likely for a big cleanup?

by Anonymousreply 339October 19, 2021 4:03 PM

R334, are you talking about Kenneth Hardison? He had a firm with a Leone but I don’t know much about him. I’ll ask around.

by Anonymousreply 340October 19, 2021 4:50 PM

The judge went even further than what the State asked for.

And he was having none of Dick Harpootlian's "My client is not culpable because he was on drugs" defense.

Gloria Satterfield's attorneys were much more persuasive than either the AG or the defense.

by Anonymousreply 341October 19, 2021 4:52 PM

The were a dynasty in some podunk SC county. Hell, that whole state is podunk.

by Anonymousreply 342October 19, 2021 4:54 PM

South Podunkia. It has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 343October 19, 2021 5:06 PM

Jesus. There's now a character called Shamu in this sordid tale?

Would attorney Alex be dumb enough to do this or is Buster fundraising like he did selling that ghastly belt?

[Quote]Prosecutors hinted at Tuesday’s hearing that Murdaugh has turned over all his affairs to his surviving son and in recent weeks sold a boat and property in Beaufort County in what they said might be an attempt to hide money from at least three ongoing lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 344October 19, 2021 6:08 PM

What are the highlights of Buster’s Poshmark this week? Is he selling some of dad’s clothes too?

by Anonymousreply 345October 19, 2021 6:10 PM

He's got his dead brother's Vineyard Vines up now.

by Anonymousreply 346October 19, 2021 6:16 PM

R334, this Kenneth Hardison? Those are very scary teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 19, 2021 6:18 PM

And who is the desperate stripper who is fucking these men? I’d rather scrub toilets or flip burgers. Less degrading and unpleasant. Easier, too.

by Anonymousreply 348October 19, 2021 6:29 PM

He turned his affairs over to Buster? The same Buster who got expelled from law school? The Buster who loaned his DL to his under-aged brother so he could buy illegal alcohol prior to killing one of his friends? Buster, who's sole quote throughout this whole circus has been, "I don't have any interest in answering y'all's questions"? Brilliant move.

by Anonymousreply 349October 19, 2021 7:10 PM

R341 A cynic would say that's likely because of the huge media interest. At this point it'd be bad publicity to have the public seeing the good ole boy getting out again.

by Anonymousreply 350October 19, 2021 7:31 PM

Alex's girlfriend isn't getting any more out of the relationship than a fucking trailer? Girl doesn't know how to gold-dig!

by Anonymousreply 351October 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Oh, those beach trailer parks generally have lot rent too.

Extended Stay is in her future.

by Anonymousreply 352October 19, 2021 7:39 PM

Didn't Alex try to stage a killing so that Buster could get (yet another) big insurance payout? And Buster was the one who wasn't killed. It seems that Alex sees Buster as his heir to the podunk dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 353October 19, 2021 8:16 PM

I still think the thing with the gun and the meth dealer was supposed to be Alex faking his death, leaving the methhead's corpse in a burning car and trusting the local old boys' network to pressure the coroner into misidentifying the corpse.

That would have ticked all the necessary boxes, Buster would have got the big life insurance payout, while Alex took off for the Cayman Islands or wherever he hid his ill-gotten gains from potential divorce lawyers. But he couldn't even carry that off.

by Anonymousreply 354October 19, 2021 10:20 PM

^ I think Alex hoped to KILL the guy, "in self-defense" rather than actually have himself offed (which is RIDICULOUS), and then palm the corpse off as the likely murderer of Maggie and Sonny Boy, thereby exculpating HIMSELF from that crime. Kind of clever, kind of half-baked.

by Anonymousreply 355October 19, 2021 11:12 PM

Makes sense, but for the $10,000,000 policy.

R354 seems closer to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 356October 20, 2021 1:35 AM

R354, the coroner has already covered up a few sketchy Murdaugh deaths. The death of the housekeeper was classified as "natural causes" even though she "fell," and, of course, the cause of death of Stephen Smith seemed to have been completely falsified.

by Anonymousreply 357October 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Was Buster fucking Stephen or was Alex fucking Stephen? Maybe they were spit roasting him...

by Anonymousreply 358October 20, 2021 1:54 AM

[Quote]That would have ticked all the necessary boxes, Buster would have got the big life insurance payout,

Come on, be realistic. What insurance company is going to pay out $10M under such suspicious circumstances when the Murdaughs are under so much scrutiny and litigation and the beneficiary himself is the respondent in the Beach's civil action?

by Anonymousreply 359October 20, 2021 2:03 AM

R358, I think Ellic is straight and Buster is not. Just my opinion. That photo of Buster with those black guys said a lot to me. I don’t care if he has a “girlfriend”.

by Anonymousreply 360October 20, 2021 2:19 AM

I'm pretty sure I read a few weeks ago that the insurance company informed Alex that they would pay no more personal injury or liability claims on his homeowner's policy after they settled with the housekeeper's family.

by Anonymousreply 361October 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Alex managed to sneak a provision into the settlement agreement with the housekeeper's sons that the settlement amount wouldn't be paid directly to the sons but to another lawyer at Alex's firm, who would then disburse the money. Instead, the other lawyer turned the bulk of it over to Alex, who deposited it into his private accounts. The sons never got any money and were suing Alex over it. The other lawyer has had his license to practice law suspended while the situation is investigated and in the end will probably be disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 362October 20, 2021 5:02 AM

Wasn't that other lawyer at Alex's firm actually representing the sons? At most firms that would be considered a huge conflict of interest.

by Anonymousreply 363October 20, 2021 5:19 AM

R363 No former college roommate and best friend at another firm who he referred the boys to.

by Anonymousreply 364October 20, 2021 5:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 20, 2021 6:07 AM

^Perhaps the judge wisely assumed that if Alex would try to stage his own death, he might very well commit suicide if he were to be let out of jail. I have a hunch that's what's going to happen as soon as he gets a real opportunity. He's fucked and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 366October 20, 2021 12:51 PM

^He's also the laughingstock of the whole State, if not the country.

by Anonymousreply 367October 20, 2021 12:52 PM

IMHO whether he commits suicide or takes ship for the Cayman depends on how much money he has stashed overseas.

by Anonymousreply 368October 20, 2021 1:53 PM

R368 Well, no ship for the Cayman islands if he's not even getting bail. Same thing with Ghislaine Maxwell. The public interest has spoken!

by Anonymousreply 369October 20, 2021 2:46 PM

If his old college buddy at another firm approved a settlement agreement that paid the settlement money to Alex's firm, that was not in his clients' (the sons') interests and is probably malpractice or worse. Probably Alex got most of the money and the other two attorneys got kickbacks from him for funneling the money his way.

by Anonymousreply 370October 20, 2021 2:53 PM

^There has been talk in that news to the extent that the settlement was for something like $4 million, and mentions made that the 2 sons had not yet received "their share", of only $500,000. So yeah, somebody(s) pocketed a hell of a lot of the sons' money, and Alex and his cohort walked all over them. The attys involved are swindlers and should be disbarred (and prosecuted). Because of the publicity aimed at this situation, it seems likely that's what WILL happen, this time.

by Anonymousreply 371October 20, 2021 3:07 PM

I wonder how many people are quietly celebrating the fall of this miserable clan and its attendant rabble of bloated, toad-like Good Ol' Boys.

I hope Alec/x goes to jail and finds out that, unlike the rest of him, his mouth is real purdy.

by Anonymousreply 372October 20, 2021 3:09 PM

Oh, he'd be wheeling and dealing in prison too. You do not know these type of people.

by Anonymousreply 373October 20, 2021 3:21 PM

I'm sure Alex will be sent to a minimum security prison and will try to wheel and deal, but what's he got to wheel and deal with? His property is being repossessed, his money is going to be lost to lawsuits, and his brothers and fellow Old Boy Network pals have thrown him under the bus to safe themselves.

Betcha the other white collar criminals will see right through his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 374October 20, 2021 4:22 PM

Ummm...connections?

No criminal would want a corrupt attorney in jail on their side for "favors."

ummmm

by Anonymousreply 375October 20, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote]I'm sure Alex will be sent to a minimum security prison and will try to wheel and deal, but what's he got to wheel and deal with?

Only if he is convicted of embezzling. But he has potential murder/manslaughter cases against him. There will be no going off to summer camp jail if there are convictions for that.

by Anonymousreply 376October 20, 2021 5:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377October 20, 2021 6:58 PM

Next questions: 1. How old are Tony and Brian, and were they the ones who possibly snuffed Maggie and Sonny Boy, in revenge? 2. Isn't it about time to exhume poor Gloria's body and let someone honest conduct an autopsy to figure out whether she was, maybe, actually beaten to death (by Paul / Timmy)?

by Anonymousreply 378October 20, 2021 7:02 PM

^I suppose if she was cremated, nobody is ever going to find out anything further about this issue...

by Anonymousreply 379October 20, 2021 7:11 PM

^The Island Packet, 9/23/21, says GS was buried, not cremated. (Can't link to it. The whole article is interesting and worth looking up, re the circumstances of her death)...The very end of it:

Satterfield was buried and her grave is in Johnson-St. Paul Cemetery in Hampton, according to her death certificate.

A videographer with the Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette newspapers visited Satterfield’s grave in Hampton Thursday, and the area did not appear disturbed.

Topper declined to comment on whether Satterfield would be exhumed for an autopsy.

Watts said while it depends on how well preserved a body is, there is still more investigators could learn even if a body has been buried for years.

“You’d be able to tell any type of fracture, broken bones anything like that. That’d be the most obvious,” he said. “You have to treat it as a brand new case and look at everything.”

by Anonymousreply 380October 20, 2021 7:35 PM

Those boys ought to be careful about questioning their mama's death.

If it turns out she was murdered by the policy holder, it may turn out that the insurance didn't cover her death.

by Anonymousreply 381October 20, 2021 8:27 PM

Alex has a purdy mouth

by Anonymousreply 382October 21, 2021 3:11 AM

Alex has a punchy face.

by Anonymousreply 383October 21, 2021 3:16 AM

Alex has a simpleton face.

by Anonymousreply 384October 21, 2021 6:27 AM

I finally figured out who he reminds me of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 21, 2021 1:47 PM

I think Mr. Stay-Puft had better taste in chicks.

by Anonymousreply 386October 21, 2021 1:51 PM

Buster and his Uncle John were spotted in Vegas on the day of Alex's bond hearing.

by Anonymousreply 387October 21, 2021 3:19 PM

R387 That is both hilarious and sad.

Makes me think they both know he killed Maggie and Paul.

by Anonymousreply 388October 21, 2021 3:32 PM

Buster and his uncle are desperate to win big, because they're going to need it.

by Anonymousreply 389October 21, 2021 3:59 PM

I’m sure Buster was there to see Celine and was deeply disappointed when she cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 390October 21, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]Buster and his Uncle John were spotted in Vegas on the day of Alex's bond hearing.

South Of Broad old families wouldn't know where to find Las Vegas on a map.

by Anonymousreply 391October 21, 2021 4:17 PM

If this all comes down to Alex getting into debt gambling and it all going awry it will be so disappointing.

The Moselle property, the one that was sold to Alex for $5 sounds like a gambling bet. Those wealthy hunting-types like to drink and gamble and you an get in a hole pretty quick.

Maggie and Paul might have been killed over a gambling debt and the opioid addiction is just a cover.

by Anonymousreply 392October 21, 2021 4:46 PM

Jesus, their motives for chicanery and murder cover a huge range of topics.

by Anonymousreply 393October 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Shit. I fall behind on my laundry or vacuuming and I feel like my life is going off the rails.

How do these people do it?

by Anonymousreply 394October 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Have time to scheme because the Housekeeper does the laundry and vacuuming

by Anonymousreply 395October 22, 2021 2:33 AM

[quote]the Housekeeper does the laundry and vacuuming

And catches Paul stealing his mother's pills so he shoves her down the stairs.

Good a scenario as any, no?

by Anonymousreply 396October 22, 2021 2:42 AM

Nope. He killed her by beating her to death and THEN pushed her down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 397October 22, 2021 12:44 PM

Alex killed her to make $$$ in an insurance scam

by Anonymousreply 398October 22, 2021 5:32 PM

Christ, you would think the one good thing to come out of all this would be the hiring of competent 911 operators, but that just doesn’t seem to be happening and I guess they are fine with being the laughingstock of the South with these ineffectual and disinterested employees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 23, 2021 2:56 AM

(Uninterested, not disinterested, which means something entirely different).

by Anonymousreply 400October 23, 2021 3:00 AM

Dis here job? I’m not interested in dis here job, I’m disinterested!

by Anonymousreply 401October 23, 2021 3:03 AM

I did not realize that Psycho Paul was suspected of pushing/hurting/killing her. I thought Mother Maggie was there when she "fell."

by Anonymousreply 402October 23, 2021 3:11 AM

Damn! Are all of them killers?

by Anonymousreply 403October 23, 2021 3:12 AM

I thought I had read that Paul was the only other one in the house at the time, I could be wrong. The Island Packet story I mentioned up above, about Gloria's death, indicated that she supposedly tripped over a bunch of dogs and went down the stairs; she was taken to the hospital unconscious, and then died of a stroke, in the hospital, a few days later. But the reporter had testimony to the effect that she had indications of head injuries, which would not ordinarily be found when one fell down stairs. As I said above, it is an interesting article, but I could not get this site to link to it.

by Anonymousreply 404October 23, 2021 3:15 AM

I don't know who told the cops what happened that day at the house. Presumably the dogs have been questioned about it thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 405October 23, 2021 3:22 AM

The stories change constantly with these people. Maggie being present when she fell is new to me. The first week of the murders I remember reading that AM had been out shooting before visiting his father at the hospital. That has changed. Now the story is that AM was visiting his mother, who conveniently for AM has dementia. I bet hospital security cameras have something to do with them dropping the hospital story.

by Anonymousreply 406October 23, 2021 3:23 AM

I thought the 911 operators sounded polite and professional. Remember we're talking about people in rural SC who probably make little above minimum wage if that. I almost giggled though at the way they kept obsequiously referring to each other as Sir and Ma'am. But I grew up in rural NC so I wasn't surprised.

BTW, if you didn't listen to the call, Alex told the operators a whopper. He said the guy who shot him was white, much younger than him, with short, short hair.

by Anonymousreply 407October 23, 2021 3:31 AM

Alex's lying attorneys Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin should be the next to be disbarred

for their endless lies and excuses

and enabling Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 408October 23, 2021 9:09 AM

Disinterested means that you could be interested but you're not involved. Well, the operator was involved since they took the call and that's their job. R399 is saying that they weren't personally interested, so uninterested would be the correct word to use rather than disinterested.. If that helps.

by Anonymousreply 409October 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Not as much as Alec’s mama’s dementia. . .

by Anonymousreply 410October 23, 2021 12:43 PM

Disinterested means impartial, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 411October 23, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote]Jesus, their motives for chicanery

Isn't that the coffee you have at Cafe Du Monde?

by Anonymousreply 412October 23, 2021 12:56 PM

My favorite part was when the woman calling 911 to report seeing Alex said, "I think looked like a set-up."

And the 911 operator responded: "I don't blame you."

by Anonymousreply 413October 23, 2021 4:19 PM

911 call with the operator's channel volume turned up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 23, 2021 8:18 PM

R347- Yes, That's Shamu. He was a lot heavier previously. Google his son, Jesse, Sophia, Hayes, Mulkey, Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 415October 26, 2021 11:51 PM

R340- Correct

The real backstory with Murdaugh goes way back to to Mulkey & CNCBank.

by Anonymousreply 416October 26, 2021 11:55 PM

So what’s buster living on? Must have access to cash somewhere. Doesn’t seem at all concerned about anything…just enjoying life.

by Anonymousreply 417October 27, 2021 12:05 AM

Buster makes his cash off of Poshmark selling his clothes and those of dead and incarcerated family members.

by Anonymousreply 418October 27, 2021 12:30 AM

Poshmark isn't paying his bills, daddy is paying. He probably transferred a ton of his money into Buster's accounts so it stays in the family.

by Anonymousreply 419October 27, 2021 1:20 AM

Buster sold some properties and a boat. It's upthread somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 420October 27, 2021 1:35 AM

Buster is selling his beautiful body.

by Anonymousreply 421October 27, 2021 3:11 AM

Buster and his Black Buddies - Coming to Only Fans - Fall 2022

by Anonymousreply 422October 27, 2021 4:04 AM

Alex's court-ordered psych eval has been completed. Please, please, someone leak it! Though I wonder if even the psychiatrists are in cahoots with the Murdaughs in that county.

by Anonymousreply 423October 27, 2021 11:18 AM

At this point I suspect that the people who would normally cover up things for this clan are too put off by the intense scrutiny to continue doing so; and those still willing are too stupid to cover the fact that that's what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 424October 27, 2021 11:47 AM

IMHO the Murdaugh's cronies aren't just throwing Alex under the bus to protect themselves, they're also doing what elite cliques do everywhere - turn on a member and ostracize them. They're like Mean Girls or frat boys deciding that one of their own is a loser, and turning on them as a group.

The reason I bring this up is that a group that's turning on a former member is a lot more vicious than people who are just covering their own asses.

by Anonymousreply 425October 27, 2021 10:23 PM

NBC's Dateline is devoting an episode to the case this coming Friday. The promo made it sound deliciously lurid.

by Anonymousreply 426October 28, 2021 2:22 AM

^ I can't wait to see the fun Keith Morrison will have with this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427October 28, 2021 2:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428October 28, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote]The Satterfield family. Whew...

Wow, they make the Murdaughs look hot!

by Anonymousreply 429October 28, 2021 8:54 PM

Well, beyond the role of Gloria, which some older vanity actress might take as a stretch and for the work humbling herself for the role, the casting of the rest of the family will most likely be unknowns, no one wants to stoop to that level.

by Anonymousreply 430October 28, 2021 9:39 PM

R426, here's the promo for Dateline tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 29, 2021 12:15 AM

Will they be interviewing The Mandy Matney?

by Anonymousreply 432October 29, 2021 12:20 AM

Mandy’s vocal fry sends me into a blind rage. And she’s 100% capable of controlling it.,Lazy bitch needs speech therapy.

by Anonymousreply 433October 29, 2021 5:01 AM

In addition to Dateline tonight on NBC, 48 Hours on CBS is doing an episode on the case tomorrow night at 10:00pm. They'll be covering Paul's boat crash and interviewing members of the Beach family.

by Anonymousreply 434October 29, 2021 12:30 PM

I've searched DL, but haven't been able to find any conversation about the Dateline special.

by Anonymousreply 435October 30, 2021 6:20 AM

Dateline dodged Buster’s gayness

But pointedly mentioned the victim’s

by Anonymousreply 436October 30, 2021 7:09 AM

Did Dateline have anything new or interesting?

by Anonymousreply 437October 30, 2021 7:34 AM

Not new to devoted DLers.

(Though I’d forgotten Alex had managed to inject the same - now law licenseless - attorney friend into both the Satterfield AND Mallory Beach deaths in order to accomplish injustice.)

What I also noticed was that in virtually every family photo, Buster is never standing next to his dad.

by Anonymousreply 438October 30, 2021 9:26 AM

Alex coughed up that assisted suicide story very quickly when things went south over Labor Day.

Which means it’s probably a lie.

I think he was trying to frame the drug dealer for Maggie and Paul’s murders.

by Anonymousreply 439October 30, 2021 10:51 AM

Yes, much more likely the plan was that his distant cousin end up dead

Although, I suspect he somehow hoped to use the dead cousin’s body as a “mistaken-identity” double for his own, with the aim of tapping that final $10 million.

by Anonymousreply 440October 30, 2021 11:07 AM

Is it true that Buster is going to the prison just to have Butt-Sex?

by Anonymousreply 441October 30, 2021 1:47 PM

Watched the 48 Hours show and nothing really new. Instead of Mandy they had some small newspaper editor there who was the main conduit for the story and lots of weepy Mallory Beach’s aunt. Some nice arial footage of Moselle. What’s weird is they didn’t just focus on a 48 hour period in the story and tell that, I thought that was the whole MO of this show an up close examination of two days within the story. It seemed very off brand.

by Anonymousreply 442October 31, 2021 5:36 AM

I find this image haunting. The last image of Mallory Beach, who was shortly after killed, in the boating accident. I think it's because it underlines how she was a young woman having fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443October 31, 2021 5:42 AM

^So you're telling me there's a woman somewhere in that photo? I'm puzzled...

by Anonymousreply 444October 31, 2021 12:52 PM

R444 Yeah, on the right? Pretty obvious it's a woman? I'm not sure what you're getting at. She's shorter, has hips, long hair and is wearing heels.

by Anonymousreply 445October 31, 2021 2:03 PM

I find the video of them at the dock haunting because it is very clear that Mallory and her boyfriend were very much in love. Everyone else seemed quarrelsome, but they hung back and just enjoyed being together.

by Anonymousreply 446October 31, 2021 3:36 PM

The latest on this case is that SLED has discovered the Allick was writing checks to a middleman, who then passed the money on to a drug gang in exchange for meth and opioids.

Allick was funneling $10,000-$20,000/month to this drug gang. Until the month of the murders of his wife and son. Then, he gave them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not suspicious at all.

Randy and the head name parter at their law firm have sued Allick for "loans" they made to him. For over $500,000, with no paperwork except their checks. I think they are trying to get ahead of SLED finding those checks and wondering if they were intentionally made out to go to the drug gang.

by Anonymousreply 447October 31, 2021 3:41 PM

^Sources, please? This is big time criminal activity, after all.

by Anonymousreply 448October 31, 2021 3:45 PM

Who pays drug gangs with personal checks, or even worse corporate ones???

by Anonymousreply 449October 31, 2021 3:46 PM

Allick?? What's up with that instead of Alex?

by Anonymousreply 450October 31, 2021 3:46 PM

Right, R449, NO ONE. It's BS without substantiation.

by Anonymousreply 451October 31, 2021 3:47 PM

R451 Fuck the fuck off.

It was in the SC newspaper.

Google it, asshole. I'm not her assistant.

Oh, fuck the fuck off again, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 452October 31, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote]Who pays drug gangs with personal checks, or even worse corporate ones???

Alex didn't pay the drug gang directly with checks. He used a middle man.

It's still a very stupid thing to do. But this is someone who can't even stage his own "suicide" and used checks to rip off his housekeeper's family.

He doesn't mind leaving a paper trail.

by Anonymousreply 453October 31, 2021 3:50 PM

South Carolina has its own newspaper?

by Anonymousreply 454October 31, 2021 3:51 PM

Here is a link to some of the story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 31, 2021 3:51 PM

It sounds as if this family of evil porkers has wallowed long in the local trough.

I wonder how many people in town are silently sipping champagne with each new revelation.

by Anonymousreply 456October 31, 2021 3:57 PM

I imagine a wave of schadenfreude is flooding the region.

by Anonymousreply 457October 31, 2021 4:15 PM

What lawyer would "loan" that type of money to ANYONE without a promissory note? The partners are going to the slammer also, I would bet.

Also, what would one person do with $10-20k of drugs and opioids every month? Dealing? Distribution to law partners?

That firm will dissolve soon...

by Anonymousreply 458October 31, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]Also, what would one person do with $10-20k of drugs and opioids every month?

Say he was spending $20,000 a month on drugs, so what? It sounds like a shitload of opiates but not of dollars. He should have been making enough money legitimately to cover that and his family's not-so-very-grand by any standards outside Colleton County style of living.

A lot of money seems to disappeared and $20K a month on opiates isn't even a small part of it.

by Anonymousreply 459October 31, 2021 6:27 PM

Seriously, is that what a drug habit costs these days... or was Alec dealing?

by Anonymousreply 460October 31, 2021 11:13 PM

The value of opiods has skyrocketed since fewer and fewer doctors are willing to write prescriptions for even people with legitimate conditions like broken bones or chronic pain. One of the posters on these threads cited cost per pill. Something ridiculous like $75. Long-term addicts build up crazy tolerance. I remember being shocked at how many Rush Limbaugh. Dozens and dozens a day.

Oh, the poor Satterfield family. I just read that one of the sons has a chronic medical condition (presumably accounting for his appearance). Her other son looks in better shape. I didn't see the interview, but I assume he had some intellectual or developmental delays. AND they were homeless for a period during her employment with the Murdaughs!!!

God, he sounds more depraved by the day. He knew those kids hadn't the ability or wherewithal to seek what was rightfully theirs. He exploited the most vulnerable and deprived one of the boys of quality medical care. That death was no accident. This is so sickening. I know murder is murder, but if he killed a poor housekeeper with sick children and deprived them of settlement money, it's worse than killing an estranged spouse and psychopath son.

by Anonymousreply 461October 31, 2021 11:45 PM

We should start warming up the electric chair NOW...

by Anonymousreply 462October 31, 2021 11:47 PM

The most interesting thing is how the payments to the drug gang went up exponentially after the murders.

Sounds like either payment for a contract killing or blackmail for one.

by Anonymousreply 463November 1, 2021 12:29 AM

^It sure does, if it's true. Fishy in the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 464November 1, 2021 12:46 AM

How many people in South Carolina went as Alex this Halloween in a prison jumpsuit with a bloody head injury?

by Anonymousreply 465November 1, 2021 12:57 AM

It’s really amazing how many dead people are associated with this garbage family. They ALL suck. Even Miss Maggie and her hatred of pink flowers.

by Anonymousreply 466November 1, 2021 1:12 AM

R466 Why, did Maggie say “Pink is for Fags!” or something?

by Anonymousreply 467November 1, 2021 1:18 AM

R467, no, it’s just a little detail I remembered from an early article.

“ Maggie Murdaugh liked wildflowers.

When the 52-year-old woman came into Nix Florist in Hampton to choose flowers for her family's events, she selected arrangements that looked natural and wild over ones that were perfectly manicured.

She hated pink flowers, employees remembered.”

by Anonymousreply 468November 1, 2021 1:24 AM

I wonder how far back LE investigators will trace the payments to the drug gang? I know this sounds far-fetched, but is it possible that even this is a diversionary tactic on the part of Alex? The check paper trail, even if done with a middle man, is beyond stupid, just like the staged suicide attempt. At this point it seems that Alex is capable of anything.

As already mentioned, 10-20k a month on drugs is a good wad of money, but it's tiny in comparison to the alleged millions that the law firm claims is missing and supposedly embezzled by Alex. And, what happened to the millions Alex pocketed in the Satterfield case?

Supposedly, he had the issues with drugs going back many years. But, all the while no one knew or suspected anything? Unless of course, his partners in law were also his partners in crime, and were aware of it all along, which would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 469November 1, 2021 1:56 AM

I think they're cute together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470November 1, 2021 2:17 AM

^ Oops, posted to the wrong thread. Ignore

by Anonymousreply 471November 1, 2021 2:17 AM

$75 for a pill is nuts. But if he was a hardcore addict, that would be costing a lot. Let's see - Limbaugh took up to 30 pills a day. So while I'm sure it's on the high side, that would come to about $68,600 a month. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 472November 1, 2021 3:50 AM

I told ya'll in the first thread that they were drug dealers.

by Anonymousreply 473November 1, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote]Seriously, is that what a drug habit costs these days... or was Alec dealing?

Dealing drugs is supposed to result in a profit, not a financial need to kill all your family and the help to steal their insurance money. Odd that he never thought to harvest their organs.

by Anonymousreply 474November 1, 2021 8:41 AM

Bump (off)

by Anonymousreply 475November 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Are you so sure, r474? The housekeeper's body was never subjected to an autopsy.

by Anonymousreply 476November 2, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote] Odd that he never thought to harvest their organs.

R474 lol, what? you think anyone can cut a body open with a kitchen knife, take out some organs or tissues and put in a freezer for future sales? are you really that dumb? Organ harvesting probably the most sophisticated organized crime, there are surgeons and hospitals involved, not just any surgeons, skilled ones who can quickly remove organs and tissues without damaging them, then transplant to a recipient within hours, it's a "targeted" job based on exactly what they want for the organ or tissues, not some random dead body can offer.

by Anonymousreply 477November 2, 2021 11:15 AM

Um I think that was a joke R477

by Anonymousreply 478November 2, 2021 11:43 AM

R468, that just sounds like an unexpected note of good taste.

S'uthen ladies usually do love pink. So girly!

by Anonymousreply 479November 2, 2021 2:08 PM

A. Murdaugh assets frozen by the Court:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480November 2, 2021 6:49 PM

And has admitted that he owes his brother approximately $90,000...

by Anonymousreply 481November 2, 2021 7:06 PM

Oh my...Busterboi may have to get a job. Has he ever actually worked before, or will this be a new experience for him? Something minimum wage, I'm assuming, since he has no skills? Where will he be living? Maybe Unka Randy has an extra room.

by Anonymousreply 482November 2, 2021 7:51 PM

I thought Buster was working at some Hot Wings restaurant in Hilton Head?

by Anonymousreply 483November 2, 2021 7:57 PM

"Oh my...Busterboi may have to get a job"

Gay porn director

by Anonymousreply 484November 2, 2021 7:57 PM

R484, he'd eat the merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 485November 2, 2021 8:00 PM

Drugdealer. He knows his job.

by Anonymousreply 486November 2, 2021 11:29 PM

Alex denied bond again! I love this judge. Now somebody leak the psych eval.

“Following the initial denial of bond, the court received a psychiatric evaluation of the defendant dated October 22, 2021,”

“After considering the arguments of counsel, the evaluation submitted, pending charges and other investigations, and the apparent character and mental condition of the defendant, the court finds the defendant is a danger to both himself and the community.”

“It is therefore the order of this court that the motion for bond is denied at this time"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 10, 2021 1:00 PM

I am pretty sure that there is nothing remarkable findable in the mind of Alex. He has been just a garden-variety, small-town lawyer-schemer. He had apparently concocted a network of cronies whose connivance allowed him to cheat the hell out of his own clients, and he got a little too greedy. He was likely mixed up in drug dealing, it appears. I can't help but think he is deeply involved in the murders of his wife and son (maybe connected to drug business gone bad), and the family is somehow connected to the murder of Stephen Smith. The judge ordered the psych evaluation because Murdaugh had staged the fake "suicide" attempt - the eval is just to help justify not letting Murdaugh out on bond, to keep him from actually killing himself, which would get the judge in hot water. It was a pro forma thing on the part of the Court.

by Anonymousreply 488November 10, 2021 1:18 PM

The Ballad of Paul & Alex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489November 10, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote]I am pretty sure that there is nothing remarkable findable in the mind of Alex.

I disagree. I think he is probably a sociopath.

And I think the judge has been told more about the double-murders than the public.

by Anonymousreply 490November 10, 2021 11:38 PM

Once this story began to receive national and in fact international coverage, any hope this pathetic family of jumped up swamp rats had using their usual bully-boy tactics of obfuscation and manipulation flew out the window. Welcome to the centre ring Alex, enjoy that spotlight.

BTW, was there ever closure to the cases of the dead gay Dallas man or murdered lesbian w/ dog in Atlanta, or have these cases both gone cold...?

by Anonymousreply 491November 10, 2021 11:47 PM

What about the 2 van living lesbians in Colorado ?

by Anonymousreply 492November 11, 2021 12:45 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 493November 15, 2021 10:57 AM

I'm at the point where I think Alex/c is simply the Robert Durst of West Possum Labia, SC, and killed everyone associated with the story.

by Anonymousreply 494November 15, 2021 1:48 PM

I don't think Alex killed anyone, he made it through law school but he's a pussy fuck up in every other way.

by Anonymousreply 495November 15, 2021 2:01 PM

The Vibrations are telling me that Maggie and Sonny Boy got whacked because Alex didn't pay a big bill to somebody, for something...

by Anonymousreply 496November 15, 2021 2:18 PM

Well the vibrations are telling ME that Alex either killed his wife or hired someone to kill her to prevent a divorce he couldn't afford, and that Paul happened on the scene and staged an Oedipal freakout that resulted in him getting shot as well.

If I were directing the movie, I'd have Alex deliver the final dramatic confession and then have the scene play in real time: Alex shoots his troublesome and expensive wife, and the psycho Paul is about to kill his own father in revenge and the father realizes he'll do it, so he shoots his own son in self-defense. The audience waits for the moment of revelation, where a man who claims to be all about FAMILY realizes he's just destroyed his own family through greed and self-indulgence, and it dramatically doesn't happen. Alex still thinks of nothing but himself, and self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 497November 15, 2021 8:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498November 20, 2021 6:28 PM

He is in a HEAP of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 499November 20, 2021 6:38 PM

I hope this porker fries. I hate, hate, hate, hate everything he represents.

I hope he is shitting himself non-stop.

I hope Buster is rolling around naked in a puddle of black-stud cum and quoting Martin Luther King: "I'm free at last!"

by Anonymousreply 500November 20, 2021 7:20 PM

I remember reading in a previous thread that Alex's insurance company didn't want to pay out the sum for the Beach's lawsuit because of their previous payment in the housekeeper's death. I thought it was odd because the payout to the family was reported to be only ~$450K back then. Well, no wonder. It was actually $5M.

by Anonymousreply 501November 20, 2021 7:28 PM

Buster probably doesn't have a pot to piss in anymore. He might have to actually get a job, except he can't do anything, except maybe suck dick.

by Anonymousreply 502November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

"The bullet fired by Curtis Edward Smith only grazed his [Alex's] head. Murdaugh has been charged with conspiracy and a false insurance claim in that case. Murdaugh wrote more than $155,000 in checks to Smith, The State reported. The payments were made through 17 cashier's checks that Smith cashed in across South Carolina."

So in the televised interview, when Smith po'mouthed, played dumb, and acted like he had NO IDEA why Alex wanted him to come to the scene of the "broken down" vehicle out on the country road, Smith MUST have been lying if Alex gave him $155K in cashier's checks, which Smith then CASHED. Smith WAS in on the scheme and knew exactly what was going on, and got paid for his efforts, and must have demanded payment in advance since the payer would soon obviously be stone dead (although you have to wonder about that money and the crime - Smith is clearly guilty of attempted murder even if Alex PAID Smith to kill him).

by Anonymousreply 503November 20, 2021 9:28 PM

In that same interview, Smith stated that he knew secrets about the Murdaugh family that Alex did not want to become public (Smith being some kind of cousin of Murdaugh's). Smith better start producing those secrets and use them as bargaining chips, to get himself out of a prosecution for conspiracy to defraud the insurance company, and attempted murder of Alex.

by Anonymousreply 504November 20, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]Buster probably doesn't have a pot to piss in anymore. He might have to actually get a job, except he can't do anything, except maybe suck dick.

There is money to be had in sucking dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 20, 2021 9:42 PM

"Murdaugh wrote more than $155,000 in checks to Smith, The State reported. The payments were made through 17 cashier's checks that Smith cashed in across South Carolina.""

If the checks were written out over time, then I assume that Smith is Alex's drug dealer. Or one of them.

by Anonymousreply 506November 20, 2021 11:49 PM

Note the 17 number. That comes to $9117 per check. Under the threshold for the bank to report them. A clear sign of shenanigans. Cuz better make a deal with the prosecution pronto.

by Anonymousreply 507November 21, 2021 12:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508December 10, 2021 12:05 PM

Alex has now been accused of stealing at least $6 million—and about $2 million of that was paid, over time, to Edward Curtis Smith, the cousin who Alex allegedly hired to shoot him. The cousin has denied being Alex’s drug dealer, but if the shoe fits . . . On the other hand, who knows what this crazed clan was into?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509December 10, 2021 2:34 PM

Apparently Alex is being let out on bail? How do you confess to murder and then get granted bail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510December 13, 2021 4:11 PM

R510, he hasn’t confessed to murder (yet). His bail was set at $7 million. In order to get a bail bond of that size, he’d have to pledge assets worth a certain percentage of that amount, and his attorney says he can’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 511December 13, 2021 5:12 PM

Did he confess?

by Anonymousreply 512December 13, 2021 6:30 PM

The article I read about the bond hearing stated that the Judge required that he put up the entire amount as a condition of release. His lawyer, who sounds like an idiot, responded that Alec is "impecunious" and can't put up all that money or the equivalent in assets. Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo...

by Anonymousreply 513December 13, 2021 6:45 PM

Maggie left all her property to her husband in her will just before she died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514December 28, 2021 7:40 PM

I wonder if the local police have the budget to have that "will" examined by experts in forgery.

by Anonymousreply 515December 29, 2021 3:27 PM

I think people are being too hard on old Red. He was a good son, he was by his father's bedside until the end.

by Anonymousreply 516December 30, 2021 1:33 AM

It's normal and usual for a wife to leave everything to the husband though. I can't read too much into it.

by Anonymousreply 517December 30, 2021 5:05 AM

How will he catch the real killers if he isn’t let out?

by Anonymousreply 518December 30, 2021 10:25 PM

I'm out here looking for the real killer, too!

by Anonymousreply 519December 30, 2021 11:30 PM

"It's normal and usual for a wife to leave everything to the husband though. I can't read too much into it."

Yes. But it's not normal for a wife to make a new will leaving everything to her husband, when she's talking to divorce lawyers.

At that point, it'd be normal for her to make a new wll leaving everything to her children and/or charity...

by Anonymousreply 520December 31, 2021 12:04 AM

R520 The article says that the will was signed in 2005. I.e. it's a 16-year-old will, not a newly signed one.

[quote]"Maggie Murdaugh signed the will in August 2005, according to a report Sunday in The Island Packet newspaper of Hilton Head."

by Anonymousreply 521December 31, 2021 12:36 AM

Wonder if she was about to change it....

by Anonymousreply 522December 31, 2021 1:42 AM

R522- Yes, I agree. That would be very interesting indeed.

by Anonymousreply 523December 31, 2021 3:07 AM

I had a friend, coincidentally a lawyer, who kept his will on his dining table for 25 years, removing it each time he finalized (or thought he had, for the moment) with another set of bequests or codicils. But most often it was on the dining table, in a constant state of revision, the latest version really to replace X pages of the prior. He prevailed upon witnesses so many times that he enlisted multiple sets of neighbors to the task so as not to overburden any one set.

And I've known people who were forever threatening changes to their wills, whether in fact they made many changes I don't know.

The point: heresay intention to change one's will seldom carries much weight (though yes, there's often an interesting story that attends it.)

by Anonymousreply 524December 31, 2021 2:50 PM

Incoming!

"Almost seven months after Paul Murdaugh and Maggie Murdaugh were murdered in Colleton County, South Carolina, sources have disclosed a bombshell development in the ‘Murdaugh Murders‘ true crime saga.

Multiple sources close to the ongoing investigation have told FITSNews that physical, forensic evidence directly ties Alex Murdaugh to the double homicide — one of seven active criminal investigations involving the disgraced 53-year-old attorney.

We’ve been told that this evidence is substantial and serious — directly linking Murdaugh to this gruesome crime."

What took "sources" so fucking long?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525January 5, 2022 12:11 PM

New this Friday at 9pm EST on ABC or Hulu on Saturday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 12, 2022 12:12 AM

Did anyone see the pictures of Alex from his latest bond hearing? He had bruises around his eye and scuffed knuckles. Someone's made Alex their bitch.

by Anonymousreply 527January 12, 2022 1:21 AM

More from Mallory's family. Her father is really handsome! The opposite of the Murdaugh clan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 14, 2022 4:57 PM

Tonight---1/14/22---"20/20"---ABC---9:00 p.m. "Unravels latest on Murdaugh family murders...."

by Anonymousreply 529January 14, 2022 8:56 PM

The voice of that lipless, blonde podcaster was vocal fry on steroids. Horrible! How do people LISTEN to her talking for hours?

by Anonymousreply 530January 15, 2022 6:06 PM

R530, lol, when I was watching her speak, I thought to myself, that's a severe case of "vocal fry"!

I watched the show last night, and it did a great job of laying out the timeline and connections of all the (known) crazy events that this family is connect to over the past 6 years or so. Some thoughts/questions:

1. I'm not sure that the older son is connected to the death of Stephen Smith. Smith's death is definitely suspicious, but all they had was rumors, and no one could indicate where the rumors were coming from.

2. Wow at him stealing the insurance payout from the maid's sons. And drafting his buddies to help for a cut of the money. The maid's death seemed like it wasn't intentional, though, because the wife called 911 to explain the injury. The worst part was that Murdaugh called the sons and convinced them to go along with the lawsuit before taking the money for himself. That seems to be a theme in this family. Make contact with your victim and charm them before you rip them off.

3. It looks like he killed his own wife and son. Did he do it for life insurance payouts? Or to silence them?

4. He paid someone to kill him, and that person bungled the job. He wanted his death to be a murder so that his older son would get $10 million from his life insurance policy. Wow. So he kills one son and then goes out of his way to give the other son $10 million. That son would have inherited everything else, too.

5. Murdauch's two brothers seem to be lying. It was a waste of time interviewing them. "No, he would never do anything like that.", "I don't think that looked suspicious at all." They sounded like Republican congress people defending Trump's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 531January 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Good comparison, R531. Well, it sound like we can look forward to future episodes. Just can’t make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 532January 15, 2022 6:35 PM

Wow, this thread is open for everyone again! 🤓

by Anonymousreply 533January 15, 2022 8:43 PM

Wow, the dead girl’s dad is HOT. I offer to condole him, poor guy.

Those pieces of shit brothers of Alex. Ugh. Lying assholes.

Where is Buster???

This story is so crazy.

by Anonymousreply 534January 16, 2022 2:23 AM

It does like like Alex pulled the trigger. And that he wanted to kill his wife to prevent an expensive divorce and with a wife who'd gladly spill all his dirty secrets during the fight over marital property. But why'd he kill his own son? Was he sick of the horrid little sociopath? Or did Paul stumble over the murder and try to protect his mother?

It could be that he intended to kill himself out of guilt after that, but didn't have the nerve, and gave his dealer money to kill him so his son could have the life insurance and the dealer botched it. Or maybe, as I suspect, he wanted to kill the dealer "in self-defense" to keep him from talking, or to have a corpse with Murdaugh DNA to leave in a fiery wreck. The guy was a distant cousin after all.

by Anonymousreply 535January 17, 2022 8:59 AM

Where did all the money he ripped off go? What was he using it for?

by Anonymousreply 536January 23, 2022 12:42 PM

That's the biggest mystery of all, R536. And the one that seems like it will have the most disappointing answer.

To rob and steal from family business interests, to push a housekeeper down the stairs and/or rob commit major insurance fraud and then rob the beneficiaries, to kill your wife and son, to destroy everything... "Fargo" comes to mind:

"And for what?"

"For a little bit of money."

Only in this case a lot of money pissed away on debts and stupid little things that amounted to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 537January 23, 2022 2:30 PM

psychopath. Bernie Maddoff, only worse.

by Anonymousreply 538January 23, 2022 10:13 PM

motel money murder madness...

by Anonymousreply 539January 23, 2022 10:18 PM

I had forgotten about this story. Holy shit, this is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 540January 23, 2022 11:06 PM

Alex was charged with 23 more crimes yesterday, no one has mentioned it her until now, it looks like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 23, 2022 11:51 PM

Alex, you in danger, gurl

by Anonymousreply 542January 24, 2022 12:08 AM

R537, a fair amount of the money must have gone to co-conspirators (other lawyers, for instance), people who helped Alex in his fraudulent schemes.

by Anonymousreply 543January 24, 2022 12:24 AM

R537. Maybe he wanted better season tickets and closer tailgate parking for the University of South Carolina football names.

Those season tickets can be pricey.

by Anonymousreply 544January 24, 2022 12:54 AM

Drugs, gambling, hookers, living the high life (telling Buster to go ahead and spend $5,000 on golf clothing?) as well as co-conspirators. I could see it being frittered away.

by Anonymousreply 545January 24, 2022 1:41 AM

He felt entitled to live the lifestyle of someone with real money. He had to steal to actually finance it.

by Anonymousreply 546January 24, 2022 2:00 AM

Tasteful True Crime Friends, you can now own the property where Maggie and Paul were murdered! It has been rebranded from Moselle to Cross Swamp Farm, which is quite unappealing, but better than Double-Homicide Lane, I suppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547February 15, 2022 11:57 AM

No pics of the inside of the house! I imagine that Paw is the only one who has a set of keys, and he's so mad at losing his fortune that he won't give them up to the bank so they can sell his house out from under him. Lots of photos otherwise, though. It looks like the perfect spot for a couple of murders.

by Anonymousreply 548February 15, 2022 12:03 PM

^It *does* have a shooting range, according to the brochure. I think it's located down there near that rusty-roofed shed, in the aerial pics. ONLY 4 million $$$. No mention of the celebrity former owner, however.

by Anonymousreply 549February 15, 2022 12:17 PM

[quote]Tasteful True Crime Friends, you can now own the property where Maggie and Paul were murdered! It has been rebranded from Moselle to Cross Swamp Farm, which is quite unappealing, but better than Double-Homicide Lane, I suppose.

Let's start a GoFundMe! I have R$20!

by Anonymousreply 550February 15, 2022 2:30 PM

The Datalounge Retreat Center!!

by Anonymousreply 551February 15, 2022 3:22 PM

By the way, that's 20 (Brazilian) Reais, about $3.87. 😬

by Anonymousreply 552February 15, 2022 4:43 PM

The Miss Maggie Memorial Spa (and location for the new reality series: “I Married a Serial Killer and All I Got Was a Goddamned Premature Funeral”)

by Anonymousreply 553February 19, 2022 10:58 AM

Any updates from crazytown?

by Anonymousreply 554March 17, 2022 12:41 AM

Why yes, just today Alex's insurance fraud side-kick, and former college roommate, was indicted for money laundering, conversion, etc., in connection with defrauding the sons of the (murdered) housecleaner out of their insurance settlement following her death. He's going to get disbarred, and might even go to prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 17, 2022 1:06 AM

^Seems like these peckerwoods are getting what they deserve, Merrick G. take note,

by Anonymousreply 556March 17, 2022 1:33 AM

I wonder when law enforcement will ever get back to the murders.

by Anonymousreply 557March 17, 2022 1:34 AM

Well well...this answers my question at R557. Finally! Some news!

"shirt worn by Alex Murdaugh on the night his wife and son were murdered was found to have a significant amount of high-velocity impact spatter on it from at least one of their bodies, sources familiar with the investigation recently told FITSNews.

The presence of this forensic evidence on his clothing “could have only come from one thing,” according to sources close to the investigation.

Specifically, the spatter indicates that Murdaugh was physically close to one or more of his family members when they were shot."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 27, 2022 1:07 AM

^ of course

by Anonymousreply 559April 27, 2022 1:14 AM

It wasn't me! It was the same scary black men who kidnapped Susan Smith's kids! The cops are framing me!

by Anonymousreply 560April 27, 2022 2:37 AM

This is terrific news. He did it himself, fucking psychopath. He could CERTAINLY get the electric chair for this in South Carolina...

by Anonymousreply 561April 27, 2022 2:39 PM

Ole Alex should have killed himself while he still had the chance. I bet he'll get a plea deal: Life with no chance of parole or face the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 562April 27, 2022 2:48 PM

It was the same evil cholas who kidnapped Sherri Papini! Why are they harassing an innocent man when they could be finding the real killers?

by Anonymousreply 563April 27, 2022 3:12 PM

For those still interested, new evidence has emerged that Alex’s clothing had high velocity blood splatters from Maggie, placing him at the crime at the time she was killed, face down on the ground execution style with a rifle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 29, 2022 11:26 AM

He shure does look just like a pig in that photo just above. He's about ready to have a fork stuck in him, too.

by Anonymousreply 565April 29, 2022 12:19 PM

^I’m sure he’ll squeal like a pig once he lands in prison.

by Anonymousreply 566April 29, 2022 2:31 PM

Any worthy Bump ?

by Anonymousreply 567May 17, 2022 6:13 AM

Some if you may remember waaaay back I mentioned knowing a judge from Murdaugh’s stomping grounds. I was wondering how she’d be affected by all this.

Low and behold, she wrote an opinion piece in the Post and Courier. It seems to be addressing “the Murdaugh problem.”

Will Folks has responded to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 19, 2022 3:26 AM

Another article linked at the bottom of that ^ page, goes into the strangely uncertain circumstances re the fall and subsequent death, of the Murdaughs' housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, which precipitated the criminal insurance fraud scheme re Paw Murdaugh and Ms. Satterfield's 2 sons (and several other businessmen cronies of Murdaugh, who were in on the scam). The whole thing is hilariously creepy and transparently packed with lies and deceit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 19, 2022 1:12 PM

The “legal community” opinion piece is hilarious. I can’t believe they expect people to buy their “South Carolina judges don’t answer to anyone” schtick. Judges are selected by the legislature, for Chrissakes!

by Anonymousreply 570May 19, 2022 3:46 PM

The coroner in Hampton Co, SC has ordered the exhumation of the housekeeper’s body after getting permission from her children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 6, 2022 7:45 PM

Alex, you in danger, gurl

by Anonymousreply 572June 6, 2022 7:47 PM

The judge yesterday also denied to keep the records of Alex’s jail house phone calls from being released.

by Anonymousreply 573June 6, 2022 7:51 PM

This plot can't get any thicker.

by Anonymousreply 574June 6, 2022 8:12 PM

ID is doing a special on the Murdaughs on Sunday

by Anonymousreply 575June 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Only Idaho? Why not other states?

by Anonymousreply 576June 15, 2022 2:58 AM

New charges approved by a grand jury against the cousin/dealer/assassin and Alex today, all connected to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 577June 29, 2022 2:45 AM

Poor, poor Ellick Murdock.!

by Anonymousreply 578June 29, 2022 9:41 AM

So who's Ryan Murphy casting in the American Crime Story version?

by Anonymousreply 579July 2, 2022 12:40 AM

^ Knowing Ruan Murphy......probably Cody Fern in old age makeup or some shit like that?

by Anonymousreply 580July 2, 2022 12:55 AM

Jesse Plemmons as Ellick. Can he do a cheesy redneck accent?

by Anonymousreply 581July 2, 2022 11:21 AM

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 12, 2022 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!