Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Creepiest true crime cases

Post them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 13, 2021 10:54 PM

The Kanika Powell case creeps me out. Woman feels she is being stalked by creepy men turning up at her house and ends up getting shot. There is a thread on it here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2021 10:20 PM

Also the case of Frauke Liebs. Woman goes missing after a night out. Her friends and family receive odd texts and phone calls from her for the next week, then nothing until her body is found. Also a thread on that here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2021 10:23 PM

The Pussywether killer freaked my shit.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2021 10:25 PM

13 year old boy in Brazil kills his mother, father, grandmother and great aunt...then goes to school, acts entirely normally, goes home and kills himself.

Very odd case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2021 10:36 PM

Carl Tanzler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2021 12:21 AM

Stephen McDaniel, the videos he took of his victim in her home prior to killing her are creepy and then the added bonus of the news crew informing him her body had been found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2021 12:26 AM

Check out MrBallen on Youtube, his channel is loaded with these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2021 12:32 AM

These are some f--ked up cases - keep 'em coming!

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2021 1:47 AM

For R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2021 1:56 AM

The Delphi murders of the two teen girls in broad daylight in a public park. One of the girls caught video of the killer on her phone and sent it to the cloud immediately. She recorded his voice telling them to go down the hill. There are stories about longer recordings existing, rumors about what state the girls bodies were in when found the next morning. The police won't give out any information.

It's been four years, it's still unsolved.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2021 1:58 AM

David Parker Ray

From the welcome message he recorded for his victims…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2021 2:25 AM

…to his “toy box.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2021 2:26 AM

Rey Rivera

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2021 2:34 AM

The Charley Project is named after the case that was one of the first true crime books I read as a child (about 9 or 10), Little Charley Ross Is Lost.

Not particularly creepy just one of the oldest well known cases. Never solved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2021 2:54 AM

Marion Parker -Sickening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2021 3:07 AM

Wow, that is super creepy weird, R15

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2021 3:11 AM

This one is still such a mystery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2021 3:16 AM

R10 The guy who was arrested around there for attacking a girl looks just like the description.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2021 4:07 AM

Albert Fish, particularly the Grace Budd murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2021 4:45 AM

Maybe not creepy, but rather questionable.

The murder of a French woman, Sophie Tuscan du Plantier, in Ireland. Both Netflix and Sky have released documentaries about it. “Sophie: A Murder in West Cork” (Netflix) and “Murder at the Cottage” (Sky).

It’s interesting because it raises questions about the European Union. How can members of the EU have different justice systems? In Ireland, they needed evidence of the murderer at the scene. In France, heresay was all that was needed to convict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2021 5:02 AM

R19 He was a shit eater like our Erna. What a shock

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2021 5:32 AM

R19 wow had never heard of that - horrifying

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2021 11:13 AM

Yeah ... not reading r11.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2021 11:52 AM

R6, that is horrifying. I've always had a fear of opening the curtains/blinds and someone standing on the other side. Brrr!

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2021 12:00 PM

Wasn't there a sadistic Frenchman who tied up a woman and cut off her digits one at a time while she was still alive? Pretty recent, I think.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2021 12:11 PM

Yes, I caution against reading the David Parker Ray transcript. The most bone chilling, vile thing. Sick evil person.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2021 12:14 PM

R22 Right? I like to think that our having the knowledge that people are capable of such atrocities has value, but that does not make it much easier to read.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2021 12:17 PM

R26 Yes, I read it in bed, not a great idea. The slow boil his oration reached was highly disturbing. He also had so many accomplices. The story about how his last victim escaped was riveting —she had to have hand-to-hand combat with one of his female accomplices, into whom’s neck the victim plunged an ice pick into before running out onto the road, naked save for a steel collar. That last accomplice (Pendy) was recently released from prison.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2021 12:23 PM

Yep R26. I started reading it - I don't know why, as I am extremely sensitive. I think I thought it was going to be just some creepy introduction, a la Jigsaw in the Saw movies, but it was so much more than that... horrific in every way. And I gave up very early on.

I really am hoping that it is a hoax that someone wrote, pretending they had the transcript of those tapes, but I suspect not.

Sometimes I really hate humans.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2021 12:29 PM

Years ago, I made the mistake of reading part of the Toolbox Killers transcript (recorded as they tortured/killed one of their victims). Iirc, the prosecution wanted to play it in court (it was an hour long I think?) and they only got sixty seconds in because the jury couldn't handle it. Just reading it was horrific; I can't imagine listening to it.

Lawrence Bittaker died in prison recently. I don't know details, but I hope the end was very, very painful for him.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2021 12:40 PM

Piece of shit Lawrence Singleton... he raped and hacked off the arm of 15 yr old Mary Vincent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2021 4:14 PM

A storyline in HBO's [italic]Perry Mason[/italic] was inspired by the Marion Parker case @ R15.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2021 4:26 PM

The Sylvia Likens case. Creepy because of how viciously she was tortured, but also sad because her dirt-poor parents worked out of state on the carny circuit and left her and her sister in the care of someone they didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2021 4:34 PM

Yes, r33. The whole situation was so sordid

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2021 9:25 PM

Unlike most of these cases, Mary Vincent was lucky to survive… after having her hands chopped off by Lawrence Singleton!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2021 9:30 PM

Oops, didn’t see that R31 posted it already!! Forgive me!

I’ll submit the murder of Junko Furuta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2021 9:32 PM

Of all the true crime cases I've ever read about ... I regret reading about Junko Furuta the most.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2021 9:34 PM

Anthonette Cayedito disappeared from her home on U.S. Route 66 in Gallup, New Mexico, in the early morning hours of April 6, 1986. That evening, Cayedito's mother, Penny, had been out with friends at a local bar, and Anthonette, along with her younger sisters Wendy and Sadie, was with a babysitter. Penny arrived home around midnight and sent the babysitter home.

According to Wendy, there had been a knock at the door around 3 a.m.; both of the girls were still awake, and Anthonette answered the door. When she asked who was there, the knocker identified himself as "Uncle Joe". When she opened the door, she was grabbed by two men. She kicked and screamed "Let me go! Let me go!", as the men forced her into a brown van. Wendy didn't recognize the men; she didn't get a look at their faces. The following morning, when Penny awoke to prepare the girls for Bible school, she realized Anthonette was not in her bedroom. After inquiring with neighbors, she phoned police.

One year after Cayedito's disappearance, the Gallup Police Department received a frantic phone call in which a young girl claimed to be Anthonette Cayedito; in the call, she said she was in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Before the girl could reveal her whereabouts, an angry adult male voice was heard shouting, "Who said you could use the phone?!" followed by the girl screaming and the sounds of a scuffle, and the phone call was then cut off. Cayedito's mother, Penny, believed the voice to be her daughter's. She did not recognize the man's voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2021 9:39 PM

The murder of Missy Bevers. Bevers was preparing to lead a 5 am fitness class at the Creekside Church in Midlothian, TX when she was brutally murdered. She was found with puncture wounds to her head and chest. There's video of her attacker roaming the halls before Bevers arrived. I think it was some rando who was acting out a cop fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2021 9:52 PM

R39 some people on Reddit have suggested it was her father-in-law (or ex father in law) based on the weird walk - all alleged rumor of course

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2021 9:57 PM

The father-in-law was out of state. The police have cleared him. Witnesses and phone records prove he has a solid alibi.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2021 10:07 PM

R33 The lack of remorse is stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2021 11:42 PM

Fascinating, r42. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2021 11:51 PM

Furuta and toybox killer… just when you think it couldn’t possibly get humanly worse, it does. And then it continues to get worse about 10 times as you read. Those poor women.

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2021 12:14 AM

@R20 I watched "Sophie" over the weekend. Do you think the main suspect did it? He creeped me the fuck out

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote]I watched "Sophie" over the weekend. Do you think the main suspect did it?

I believe he did. The first newspaper story he wrote said she had not been sexually assaulted. How would he know that?

I don’t understand why the woman witness changed her story years later.

And if you really want to be creeped out, watch the other documentary. That one spends more time with him, his girlfriend and the woman witness. He really gets creepy in that documentary.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 12:35 AM

What’s the name @R46? He used to beat the shit out of his girlfriend. I can’t believe she stayed with him

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2021 12:55 AM

[quote]What’s the name @[R46]?

Murder at the Cottage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2021 1:08 AM

R35 The real tragedy was that Singleton was let out of prison early, went to Florida-duh and murder a woman....yet again the system failed

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2021 3:16 AM

The case of Cindy James is a weird one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2021 3:29 AM

This case is so sad and just too creepy. Plus there’s the added strangeness of a gangster having his apartment decorated with Hello Kitty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2021 4:00 AM

The Case of Mary Shotwell Little

If Mary Shotwell Little had simply disappeared without a trace, she probably would be forgotten today. By Gerdeen Dyer * Mary's disappearance had haunted us for decades. But Mary did not simply step into thin air in October 1965. She vanished in an autumn haze of tantalizing clues: flowers from a secret admirer, a bloody car that allegedly had been moved in broad daylight, papers signed after her disappearance. Little even left a trail, stretching hundreds of miles into another state.

Everyone agreed that Little was not the kind of woman who would drop out of sight willingly. She was 25, a hard-working secretary at the C&S Bank on Mitchell Street downtown who had been married to a bank examiner only six weeks. She was close to her family and had no enemies. And she was last seen in one of the safest public places in Atlanta.

The place was Lenox Square, a posh shopping mall in the upscale Buckhead district. People went there to browse in exclusive shops and eat in nice restaurants. It was well-lit, and even at night it was usually full of people.

Little was in good spirits the night of her disappearance, Thursday, Oct. 14, 1965. Her husband, Roy, was out of town on bank business, but he was due back the next day, and they were planning to entertain friends in their apartment on Line Circle in Decatur on Friday night. Little had bought groceries at the Colonial grocery store at Lenox Square, and she then shared dinner at the S&S Cafeteria with another woman who worked at the bank.

She showed no premonition of what was to come. Her parting words to the older woman before heading toward her car at 8 p.m. were "See you." That was the last anybody in Atlanta ever saw of Mary Shotwell Little. The next morning, the usually punctual secretary failed to show up at the bank, and phone calls to her home went unanswered.

Little's co-workers found her unexplained absence alarming. The woman who had dined with her the previous night informed their boss, and she even recalled that Little had mentioned the area where she was parked. With that information, the boss phoned security at Lenox Square, asking them to look in the yellow parking area on the Lenox Road side of the mall for a 1965 metallic pearl gray Mercury Comet. Security soon notified them that no such car could be found.

As the day wore on, Little's husband was reached in a town south of Atlanta, and he headed home. Her boss, frustrated at hearing nothing, drove to Lenox Square for his own search at midday. After a few minutes of driving through the crowded lot, he spotted Little's car, sitting in the yellow parking area. What he saw in her car led to the biggest investigation Atlanta had ever seen. There were bags of undisturbed groceries, for a meal Little would never prepare. There were bloodstains. And there was a full set of women's underwear, neatly folded on the console between the front bucket seats.

By nightfall, the missing bride was the talk of Atlanta. A recent photo of the pleasant-faced young brunette -- gazing with a half-smile into the distance -- was put on posters and displayed on TV screens and newspaper front pages. Search parties swarmed Buckhead, and in the coming days fanned out across Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2021 4:16 AM

What always astounds me is how many people are involved, or know about what's going on, like in the cases of Junko Fiesta and Sylvia Likens. So many others were aware of what was going on and didn't say or do a gotdam thing about it. Or if someone did finally speak up, it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2021 5:44 AM

Sorry! dam autocorrect, Junko Furata.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2021 5:46 AM

What I find irritating are the true crime youtube channels curated by women. They always have to be seen! They have a face full of heavy makeup and do everything in their power to look like a Kardashian/Jenner and keep the focus on them instead of showing pictures or news footage. It is so weird. Most of the men don’t do this on their true crime channels!

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2021 6:09 AM

I love this. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2021 6:37 AM

I recently learned about Robert Berdella and his infamous Polaroids, which I refuse to look up

You hear far less about him than you do Dahmer, Gacy, or Corll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 10:38 AM

I will never click on a link about Junko Furuta. I have no idea what happened, but the reactions of others assure me that I will not be happy with myself if I do read about it.

Adding to R38's story, there is also a creepy coda to this, from wiki:

[quote]a waitress at a restaurant in Carson City, Nevada, encountered a teenage girl matching Cayedito's description who continually knocked her utensils to the floor, seemingly attempting to get the waitress's attention. According to the waitress, the girl grabbed her hand and squeezed it firmly each time the waitress handed back the utensils. The girl was in the company of an unkempt couple. After they left, the waitress cleaned their table and found a napkin under the plate the girl had been eating from. It contained two brief messages: "Help Me" and "Call the Police", written on it

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 11:50 AM

R52 Creepy story. Sidebar: Mary, Diane, Judy…This is like “The Best of Everything”… “That same year that Mary went missing, 1965, Diane Shields, a petite blue-eyed blonde from Guntersville, Alabama moved to Atlanta. She was nursing a broken heart after her college sweetheart married someone else. A few weeks after Mary disappeared, Diane began a new job at C&S — at Mary’s former desk.

By November of 1965, her roommate moved out and Diane was living in her Walker Avenue apartment alone. One evening, a man comes to her door, claiming to be selling books. Diane is wary and rightfully so. After repeated attempts to get inside the apartment, he tells her that he knows she lives alone and that her roommate moved out only the week before. Frightened, she calls the police but by the time they arrive, the man was gone.

In June of 1966, Diane has a new place to live, on Timm Valley Road, and several new roommates, one of whom, named Judy, had roomed with Mary until she married Roy Little in September of 1965 and works at C&S. Diane had also been dating a C&S coworker since January of that year. When that relationship fizzled, she sunk into a depression and took a fistful of sleeping pills. She survived.”

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 11:55 AM

The Annecy shootings are pretty creepy. A number of people were shot in the mountains there. There is a documentary on it on Netflix, but I'll warn you, it wasn't that well done from memory.

Here is an article from GQ on it, for those interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 11:58 AM

R58 Yes, I am not thrilled I read about Toolbox or Furuta. Particularly watching the old news footage of court attendees running out of the audio recording of the Toolbox duo’s final victim. Just like when a movie theatre door swings open and if you’re in the hall you catch a snippet of the soundtrack, when the courtroom door swings open you catch a snippet of blood curdling screams.

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 11:59 AM

Why do some humans want to hurt others so badly? I'll never understand it, and I guess that's why true crime is such a big thing with people. Desperately trying to understand why, and maybe the hope we learn something and keep ourselves safe somehow.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 12:04 PM

The case of Amber Tuccaro is really creepy due to a phone recording of her in the car with the guy who is no doubt responsible for her disappearance. A lot of First Nations women have disappeared/been murdered in Canada over the years, especially around the "Highway of Tears" - a section of highway in British Columbia.

Tuccaro's case happened in Alberta however. She, her 14 month old son and a female friend were travelling to Edmonton. They didn't have much money, so decided to stay in a cheap hotel on the way. Tuccaro then decided to hitchhike the last 30 minutes into Edmonton and was never seen alive again.

However, it turns out that on her way to Edmonton, Amber had called her brother, who was in prison. As standard in these cases, the prison had recorded the phone call. Apparently 17 minutes were recorded but the RCMP have only release a minute of it so far. It seems like after her phone call to her brother she didn't hang the phone up but kept it going, maybe hoping he was listening in as she realised the guy she was with wasn't kosher?

The transcript of the released recording is as follows (link provided too, if you wish to listen):

Amber: Where are we by?

Unknown Male: We’re just heading south of uh, Beaumont or north of Beaumont.

Amber: We’re heading north of Beaumont…

Amber: Yo, where are we going?

Unknown Male: Just… (Inaudible)

Amber: No, this is a…

Unknown Male: (Inaudible)… The back roads.

Amber: Are you fucking kidding me?

Unknown Male: No, I’m not kidding you.

Amber: You better not take, you better not be taking me anywhere I don’t wanna go. I wanna go into the city, okay?

Unknown Male: One end of the street.

Amber: Yo, we’re not going into the city are we?

Unknown Male: We are. We’re going…

Amber: No, we’re not…

Unknown Male: Yes…

Amber: Then where the fuck are these roads going to?

Unknown Male: To 50th street.

Amber: 50th street? Are you sure?

Unknown Male: Absolutely.

Amber: Yo, where are we going?

Unknown Male: 50th street.

Amber: 50th street?

Unknown Male: 50th street.

Amber: East, right?

Unknown Male: East.

Amber: (Inaudible)… Over now.

Unknown Male: (Inaudible)… Gravel.

Amber: (Inaudible)

Her remains were eventually found 2 years later. People have come forward to say they recognised the male voice on the phone call but nothing has come of it so far.

There's something chilling to me about what I perceive is a change in his tone on the last "50th street" and then when he says: "East".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Thanks for sharing, R38. The Wikipedia article is carefully written and informative, especially regarding the aftermath of Anthonette's disappearance and the impact it had on her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Rui Pedro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 1:38 PM

One of the weirdest and worst things about the David Parker Ray case is that one of his victims, with injuries including a slashed neck, survived only to have her idiot husband and the asshole cops say they didn't believe her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 2:26 PM

A woman named Diane Shields who was murdered 18 months after Mary Shotwell Little disappeared apparently told people she'd been helping the police with the Little case. For whatever reason, this local investigative reporter said she didn't think that the Shields and Little cases are related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 2:41 PM

Another weird thing about the Mary Shotwell Little case is that apparently there was some lesbian prostitution ring going on in the bank!

[quote]Citizens & Southern Bank had recently hired a former FBI agent to investigate possible issues with lesbian sexual harassment and prostitution taking place on the bank’s property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 2:45 PM

David Parker Ray's daughter turned him in after she witnessed him murder a woman. Authorities said they couldn't do anything because there was no evidence. The daughter later became an accomplice, luring victims to Parker.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2021 2:45 PM

I've always thought David Parker Ray could be responsible for the disappearance of Tara Calico. Tara's mother stopped accompanying her on bike rides after they were followed several times by a white van. She couldn't convince Tara to give up her daily ride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2021 2:52 PM

The creepiest case I read about was about a serial rapist who fucked his own daughter. He went on to become President and killed half a million people.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2021 3:02 PM

The Rocío Wanninkhoff case, in Spain.

In 1999, 19-year-old Rocío was returning home around 5:00 PM after visiting her boyfriend, when she disappeared. She was found a few days later, dead and with evident signs of rape. The entire region blamed Dolores Vázquez (who had been in a long term relationship with Rocío's mother, and whom Rocío considered a second mother) for the murder. The only witness of sorts was a taxi driver who almost collided with an off-road vehicle that was driving on the wrong lane; when he swerved to avoid the potential collision, he heard a horribly piercing scream coming from the truck that terrified him, but this only lasted a few seconds before the other vehicle disappeared.

To make a long story short, Dolores Vázquez was found guilty without any proof and the Supreme Court had to overturn the sentence, because it was clearly a miscarriage of justice - the media, as well as many people, had basically decided that she was the murderer because she was a butch lesbian and had a very reserved, aloof demeanour.

In reality, the murderer was Tony Alexander King (real name Anthony Bromwich), who had been in prison several times in England for several horribly violent sexual assaults against women when in 1997, after appearing in Crimewatch for attempting to rape and stab a woman in a train station, he escaped to Spain with his wife in order to avoid arrest. He is also suspected of murdering at least thirteen women and young girls in the UK between 1984 and 2002 (including Milly Dowler). Incredibly enough, he had been allowed to change his name in spite of all this! 😲😲😲😲

When UK authorities found out that he was living in Spain, they requested the Spanish government to extradite him, but he was considered to be at a 'low risk' for reincidence by Spanish police - which has a lot to do with benevolent prejudice towards Northern, Eastern and Nortwestern European migrants in Spain. Anyway, 4 years later he murdered 17-year-old Sonia Carabantes and was only discovered because he dropped a cigarette by the body that contained his DNA - the same DNA that had been found next to Rocío Wanninkhoff's body.

This time his ex-wife, who was allegedly terrified of him, reported him to the police as a potential suspect and, upon questioning and DNA analysis, it was discovered that he was indeed the murderer of Carabantes and Wanninkhoff, for which he was sentenced to a mere 36 years in prison in 2005.

The case is not only horrifying because of the way in which he murdered his victims, but also because he took full advantage of EU travel/settling rules in order to avoid paying for his crimes in the UK, and was protected by the the idealized vision that the Spanish have of British society, as well as the arrogant self-isolation of many British migrants in Spain, who live in self-imposed British-only areas. All in all, most of these crimes could have been avoided if the UK's legal system were not as shamefully lenient as it is with sex offenders, and Spanish authorities had taken this issue seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2021 4:02 PM

That is really weird R52.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2021 5:51 PM

The unsolved murder of Italian pop singer, Lolita, has always fascinated me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2021 6:02 PM

I read this one a couple of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2021 6:13 PM

Blanche Monnier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2021 9:17 PM

The case of Dr Pettie Wagner from the early 70s. The whole case is strange and baffling from start to finish with all of her kidnappers acquitted in court then dying mysteriously in plane crashes afterwards. I still get goosebumps hearing how they electrocuted dr Wagner and how her black hair turned white afterwards,

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2021 11:46 PM

Is r77 even a true story?

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2021 11:50 PM

Yes it is a true story from Dallas Tx. I read her book, Murdered Heiress, Living Witness about what her work staff did to her. They lured her to a recently abandoned hospital and there they held her for 2 weeks torturing her and eventually electrocuting her. A doctor signed her death certificate but she didn’t die. She escaped from the hospital room where she was kept captive and all of her captors were arrested and charged with attempted murder. They all got slaps on the wrist in court as the judge was a friend of one of Dr Wagner’s business partners who orchestrated the whole plot to have her murdered. Within a month of being aquitted of attempted murder the accused died in a plane crash and the judge died on a freeway of a sudden heart attack. D

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2021 12:00 AM

The Unresolved Mysteries reddit is a good place to go to find some creepy cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2021 11:54 AM

Israel Keyes is extremely creepy. He was a murderer who would travel far and wide, bury a box of equipment he needed to murder people, then come back a long time after, remember where he'd hidden the equipment, dig it up and then kill.

The creepiest story about him was the time he kidnapped a girl from one of those mobile coffee kiosks. You can actually see the security cam footage of her working, and going to serve him, turning around and clearly he has a gun on her or something, as she reacts just like that. Then you see them walking off together.

He killed her that night, went on a two week holiday, then came back, fixed her body up so she still looked alive (it was freezing cold so her body was preserved), took a photo of her, and sent it to her parents as a ransom note, who thought she was still alive due to the photo. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2021 11:59 AM

This missing child case is particularly sad. What was going on in that house?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2021 2:32 PM

R63, that is utterly terrifying. In the end of the recording, he does indeed go from speaking normally to sounding like a demonic creature of some sort. You can feel the malice and depravity dripping from his voice... 😨😨😨

It is truly frightening to image that there can be human beings capable of acting in an apparently normal manner one moment, and then turn into monsters the very next, for no reason whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2021 3:38 PM

9-year-old Asha Degree, who early one morning in 2000, got up from bed, packed her backpack, and walked out of her home. A motorist who passed her walking along a rural road at 4:00am a mile from her home made a U-turn to her to see if she needed help . But before he could get to her, Asha left the road and darted into the adjacent woods, and that's the last anyone ever saw her. A year and a half after her disappearance, her backpack was found near a construction site about 25 miles from her home, but still no trace of Asha has been found. Around this time, a Missing Persons billboard was put up alongside the road where she was last seen, and it's been there ever since (updated occasionally with age-progressed image). If you click the Google Maps street view link, you can see the billboard. Creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2021 1:54 AM

Can anyone please recommend a good teue crime show to watch? It can be on Netflix, HBO etc.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2021 4:13 PM

R84 I was going to post about Asha Degree. Was she running away (if so, why?) then got abducted? What a sad case.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2021 4:38 PM

The murder of Beverly Jarosz in 1964

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2021 4:45 PM

The story of Tiffany Cole is a whopper.

I recommend the youtube video called 'Her evil plan put her on death row' I don't know how to do links. But it goes it a fair amount about the lives of all and their relationships. And details in the the means of death. So drawn out it is unimaginable terror.

It's a case so horrifying that if you don't believe in the death sentence for the perpetrators you have no conscience.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2021 5:26 PM

I don't think I've read of any true crime case that is creepier than the Manson murders. Not only were the murders particularly heinous, gruesome and bizarre, they were orchestrated by a man who found people, people who were practically kids, to commit the murders for him, not to mention his bizarre motive. The whole thing is bizarre. The people involved, the murders, the circus sideshow atmosphere of the trial, the shaved heads, the carved foreheads, the female defendants linking hands and singing in the courthouse as though nothing of importance was happening, the crawling on hands and knees down a Los Angeles street by Manson's "family", it's all too much to understand. I recently sat through a five hour documentary mini-series on Manson and my mind is completely blown.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2021 5:42 PM

R89, the year I went to Carleton University in Ottawa (‘84-‘85), prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi visited the school and gave a talk about Manson, etc. I attended because I’d read his book Helter Skelter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2021 5:49 PM

R88, people who believe in the death penalty have no conscience. That's why Republicans are for it.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2021 5:52 PM

r90 I bet that was very interesting and unnerving. His book is fascinating. There was a mini series made from his book and I have been unsuccessfully trying to find a free download so I can see it as well. I have watched interviews with the remaining Manson murderers and they do seem to have realized how very much in the wrong they were. I don't think they will ever be paroled. One of them died from brain cancer after her leg was amputated. She applied for a parole for humanitarian reasons but was denied. If she, a person who could barely speak and could not walk, was denied parole, I think it is safe to assume the others will remain incarcerated until death, as it should be. I am generally opposed to capital punishment but I have to be honest and say that no sentence short of death is appropriate for these criminals.

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2021 6:06 PM

"I'm generally opposed to capital punishment....except in the case of high profile cases that personally piss me off. Lower profile killers that don't personally offend me should get to live!"

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2021 6:14 PM

R89, yeah there's something so creepy and just all out weird about the whole Manson story. Down to all the little "side stories" (like the LSD in Barbara Hoyt's hamburger). I haven't read Helter Skelter, though I think we have a copy here, but I did read another, really comprehensive one, I think the Jeff Guinn one?

What's so crazy too is that it's a case that goes beyond the crime itself, and seems to be part of the fabric of California at the time. There's so much social history, so many well known people, all tied up in this story. I think that's part of what has made it resonate with people for so long. It's a bit like Jack the Ripper in that way.

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2021 11:16 PM

I can understand being against the death penalty when the perpetrator could actually be innocent. But with some of today's technology - if several women were raped and killed and the perpetrator's semen was inside all of them and proven by DNA, you still think he shouldn't get the death penalty?

by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2021 2:06 AM

I usually don't believe in the death penalty but in this case...

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2021 2:34 AM

"if several women were raped and killed and the perpetrator's semen was inside all of them and proven by DNA, you still think he shouldn't get the death penalty?"

So murderers who are clever enough to kill people without leaving lots of evidence should get a free pass, but ones who aren't should be executed?

by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2021 2:59 AM

You girls are slipping---->>47 year old guy and his 18 year old male "friend" were killed in a robbery. And also killed was the Lesbian Mother and HER girlfriend. And one of the (alleged) killers is a twink!!....This really deserves its own thread....I waited days for someone ELSE to pick up this story....LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2021 8:20 AM

You girls are slipping (PART 2)-----Police confirming OLD DUDE and 18 year old were in a relationship...Someone call Ryan Murphy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2021 8:22 AM

you girls are slipping (Part 3).....Go to Jesse Pawlowski on FB...Look at his mirror selfie profile pic....Prepare to swoon.....He is one of the alleged killers...I wonder how HE knew the old timer?

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2021 8:25 AM

This was known as the "Kenneth Biros Murder House". It was in reference to the gruesome murder of Tami Engstrom.

This one hits close to home for me. I was in grade school when this happened, but many years later I wound up working with his brother. We were drinking buddies at the time and I didn't even realize it until a couple of my other coworkers pointed that out to me. He had a few screws loose himself. His brother has since been executed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2021 1:03 PM

The Springfield Three is pretty creepy still. I assume most people know it, as it's pretty common to bring up in discussions like this.

For those who don't know of it, in short, a girl and her friend go back to stay with the girl's mother, after their plans to sleep over at a third friend's house fell through after prom. The next morning this third friend and her boyfriend go around to the house to pick the two girls up, as they were all driving away for a break. No one was in the house. The porch light was broken, there was a creepy message left on the voicemail, and otherwise the house looked pretty normal.

Many people came through the house, and even cleaned things up before the police got there. None of the three have been seen again, apart from one witness statement that said she thought she saw the girl driving a van with a strange man in the front (possibly the girl was under duress).

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2021 1:51 PM

Did the girls have dates to the prom and isn't it normal to go to a big after-party when prom is over? What did the vm say?

by Anonymousreply 103July 24, 2021 2:25 PM

R30 I came here to say the same thing.

My sister is one of those people who loves scary and disturbing things. She once told me that the transcripts of the Bittaker and Norris tapes were the only thing that ever disturbed her. So, I, who has never liked scary things (I've seen almost none of the famous horror movies for this reason), stupidly looked up the transcripts.

I regret it to this day.

by Anonymousreply 104July 24, 2021 2:35 PM

I was quite disturbed by the Cheshire Murders when they happened. So senseless and tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2021 2:38 PM

@ r93: No, I'm sorry, sweetie but you've missed the mark. My feeling about capital punishment in the Manson case has nothing to do with it being such a high profile case nor did the case offend me. It shocked me, stunned me, amazed me but it didn't offend me. Since you seem to feel that you know me and my thoughts and my reasoning and you enjoy finishing my thoughts for me, why not give it another go? I'll give you a clue that will perhaps lead you down the correct path: you'll have to mull over Manson's motivation.

by Anonymousreply 106July 24, 2021 3:17 PM

R106, well I know you're not terribly bright. I've never known a highly intelligent person who supported the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 107July 24, 2021 4:52 PM

I remember the Cheshire murders well and was very upset about them at the time. I felt (and still do) so bad for that family, a good family, and what they endured.

This documentary about the case aired on HBO. In the first 90 seconds there is footage of Mrs. Petit at the bank. The picture of her speaking to the teller was shown shortly after the murder. The bank handled the situation so well. I can’t say the same about the police.

Oh, and not to heap on the bashing of trans people, but according to Wikipedia “In October 2019, Hayes claimed to be transgender and was to be undergoing hormone therapy in prison as part of his transition into a woman.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 24, 2021 6:46 PM

R108 I cynically suspect that most of the men who go to be prison then "come out as trans" are only doing so to get transferred to a women's prison.

by Anonymousreply 109July 24, 2021 11:48 PM

I'd wager that statistically very few men "come out as trans" in spite of what DL wants to believe

by Anonymousreply 110July 24, 2021 11:57 PM

There used to be a recording of one of the Tinderbox tapes on youtube but it was a recreation. Some of the transcripts are out there but they allegedly aren't nearly as harrowing as hearing the actual tapes. For years, the FBI allegedly used the tapes as training tools to acclimate agents to the horrors they might eventually be exposed to.

by Anonymousreply 111July 24, 2021 11:59 PM

Future dangerousness can be difficult to predict but not impossible to figure out who continues to violently reoffend.

For those select prisoners who remain a danger to those in the prison system - be they guards or fellow inmates - I would consider the death penalty.

If all you can get if life in prison and you're already doing that sentence then where is the deterrent to not committing another murder or vicious attack. Some people actually enjoy violence.

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Beverly Jarosz was the Laura Palmer of Garfield Heights, Ohio. It seemed every man in town was obsessed with her. She was strangled and stabbed to death in her bedroom and the crime is still unsolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2021 3:46 AM

R108 My husband is still mad at me for putting on the Cheshire murders doc on HBO. He was haunted by the assault and deaths of the two girls.

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2021 4:57 AM

This wasn’t a serial murder but is quite depraved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2021 5:00 AM

Polly Klaas case. Taken from your own home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 25, 2021 5:02 AM

It was never made clear what they did to this poor guy Joseph Capone but it sure sounds a lot like genital mutilation. “The indictment also says that Andre Stewart “did unlawfully and maliciously deprive Joseph Capone of a member of the body and did disable, disfigure and render it useless.” Clarification of the details surrounding this have not yet been received. Stewart also cut Capone’s nose, ear and lip, cut and disabled his tongue and “put out an eye.” It is still unclear what lasting injuries were sustained as a result of this torture.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 25, 2021 5:05 AM

R88 Cole is a sick twist and it goes to show you that no good deed goes unpunished. They practically gave her a car and what she did to this kindly couple in return is heinous. Absolutely no morals. This got me: “Evidence included photos of Cole and two co-defendants in a limousine, celebrating with champagne and handfuls of cash.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 25, 2021 5:31 AM

R118 How horrifying. Those people died for so little too.

"Cole subsequently pawned jewelry and other items stolen from the Sumners' home,[6] and the ATM card was used to obtain more than $1000 in cash."

by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2021 12:16 AM

There was a guy who charmed his way onto a boat for sale by a middle aged couple. He asked to be taken out for a test ride, lashed the two of them to an anchor and threw the anchor overboard. Sorry I don't remember the names or more details but it's not a hard case to find.

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2021 12:23 AM

R120 Was that the guy on the Power Rangers?

by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2021 12:26 AM

Is your asshole powerful?

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2021 12:28 AM

^ If I didn't make it clear, he just wanted to steal the boat.

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2021 12:29 AM

Skylar Deleon

[quote]We say a quick hello, and before we get started, I buy her a quesadilla and two avocados out of the vending machines, which gives me a few minutes to settle into this surreal scene. Our last interview was at the men’s county jail in Santa Ana, just before she was sentenced to death for tying Tom and Jackie Hawks to the anchor of their yacht off Newport Beach in 2004 and throwing them overboard—alive. We met four times over two weekends, during which Skylar listed all the mental health diagnoses and medications the doctors had given her. We also talked about her attempt to slice off her penis with a disposable razor, which landed her in a community hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2021 12:32 AM

JFC. Even creepy crime threads aren't immune to the trans troll.

by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2021 12:34 AM

Wasn't Killer Trannies a trope as far as the the 1970s and 90s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2021 1:06 AM

^ 70s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2021 1:07 AM

I once saw some pics of a couple who came up behind the woman's husband and beheaded him. I think the boyfriend actually took the pics while it was happening. I'll never forget those.

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2021 2:49 AM

Marion Parker, Junko Furuta, wish I hadn't read those stories, horrifying.

I don't think I can handle reading any others now, I'll have to come back to this thread another time.

by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2021 5:35 AM

Dean Corll doesn’t get much worse though that Polaroid gay serial killer would top it if he killed more.

Corll: Houston/Pasadena TX

-put glass rods in the urethra and smashed them

-inserted giant dildos in the rectums of his victims

-tore off their genitalia with his mouth

-chopped off genitalia with a large knife

-raped

-beat

-plucked out pubic hair one by one

-kept some alive days

-had two try to fight each other to the death

-brutally strangle to be maximum painful

-killed over 28

-Had possible ties to a national sex trafficking ring that included JW Gacy.

-brought possibly two well known CA serial killers to Pasadena (notes from HPD)

-HPD found a cache of child porn in a separate investigation . 11 of the 16 boys in the pics and vids were victims of Corll.

The last boy killed, only 13, they picked up while he was riding his bike in Pasadena (he started hunting there). Apparently, the death was so brutal little is known about it because even Henley (who helped get him and who only referred to him as the ‘small blond boy’) never divulged what Corll did to him. He claimed he (Henley) wasn’t there when he was killed which is bullshit. HPD and PPD notoriously refused to get into the graphic details about the killings and even refused to look for other victims. PPD were more willing but had less resources.

Fun fact: Dean lived at the same house in Pasadena he was killed in with his family when they first moved to TX. He went to the elementary as Sharon Tate. She was in 2nd grade, he was in 5th.

by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2021 5:42 AM

It's a different type of case to others mentioned here, but I found the Japanese vending machine poisoning case to be quite unsettling when I read about it.

Basically, someone went around putting poison in a drink called Oronamin C - a health tonic drink. This drink wasn't selling too well, and there was a campaign where when you bought a soft drink from a vending machine, a free Oronamin C came out too. Now, most people didn't really want this, and a courtesy at the time was to leave the bottle on top of the vending machine, so those who saw it and would like it could take it. Or otherwise, a bottle would be left in the slot.

Someone put poison in these bottles and then place them on top or in the slot of the vending machine. The poison was paraquat, a weed killer banned in many countries. No evidence was ever found and the person responsible never caught.

After reading this, I came across a number of poisoning cases and industrial espionage cases I suppose you'd call it, where products were poisoned, and many of them in Japan. I just find that very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2021 9:07 AM

What case was that R28? Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2021 2:20 PM

Something about the DB Cooper case always freaked me out. I think it's the possibility that he still may be "out there" (although my theory is he didn't survive the jump. But then, how do you account for the buried money? I know ...)

There are many unsettling and weird details about the case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 26, 2021 7:40 PM

I don't think he actually buried the money. Over time it became immersed in mud and forest debris.

by Anonymousreply 134July 26, 2021 8:35 PM

Press accounts said that the cash was laid out in rows as if deliberately buried. I wasn't there, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2021 8:37 PM

Plus, it was only 5K or so, not the whole 200K. It had been separated from the rest of the ransom.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Yeah, this was twisted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 26, 2021 8:43 PM

Dan Cooper's $200,00 dollar demand would be equal to over one million, 300 hundred thousand today.

He called himself Dan Cooper. D.B. was a press error that got repeated.

by Anonymousreply 138July 26, 2021 8:48 PM

Never knew about this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 26, 2021 11:42 PM

Yeah, R11. That was beyond horrifying. After being arrested, the fucker died of a heart attack before he could even be interrogated by police. If there's a Hell, David Parker Ray is most certainly residing there.

by Anonymousreply 140July 26, 2021 11:48 PM

r138 none of the ransomed money was ever recorded as spent, which leads me to believe he didn't survive.

by Anonymousreply 141July 27, 2021 5:29 PM

The story of Theodore Edward Coneys is pretty creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 28, 2021 11:36 AM

Probably the Boston Ass Picker case

by Anonymousreply 143July 28, 2021 6:37 PM

This was pretty creepy....I heard the guy got away with it too....Not a single day in prison....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 29, 2021 8:24 AM

I've tried looking this case up but can't seem to find it online. Decades ago an old woman was constantly calling 911 claiming she was in danger and that someone kept breaking into her house. They never could find any evidence of a break in until one day she is found tied up and murdered in her bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 145July 29, 2021 9:06 AM

I find this story absolutely terrifying. This poor man decided to rent out an apartment and attracted the attention of a psycho who was searching for an appropriate victim.

Everything about this case is creepy, the calm, considered way the killer sought out the victim, the fact that he was essentially in and around the victim’s property for days before he killed him, the horrifying level of violence against an innocent, defenceless man, and the fact that the killer hung around after the killing: ate some food, had a shower, slept in the victim’s bed and wore his clothes. It’s theorised that this may be the work of a professional killer, or trainee serial killer looking for an easy, trusting victim to practice on.

There is some suspicion that Israel Keyes may be the culprit, but DNA evidence doesn’t support this. However, Keyes was known to mess around with dna traces to try to confuse he police, so he can’t be entirely ruled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 29, 2021 11:42 AM

R146 This was a good one…although I much prefer the way you told the story as opposed to the blogger…Every sentence written in that blog was like this:

“His mother, Edith, actually passed away pretty early in Al's life. She was only 48 years old, and when she died - in January of 1970 - Al was only eighteen.”

When it could have been this:

“In January of 1970, when he was 18, Al’s 48 year old mother Edith passed away.”

By the time I was halfway through the blog post, I was antsy for his brutal death.

by Anonymousreply 147July 29, 2021 12:25 PM

This week...Columbus Ohio. .Guy kills his boyfriend...Then stays with the body for 24 hours. Then calls the police to tell them about it....The 911 Operator got an earful when Killer explained he was in the living room with the dead body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 30, 2021 5:11 AM

A dead body in the woods is just 1 of the stories in this =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 30, 2021 6:01 AM

R149 is trying to advertise his creepy fiction...Get a real job because lousy writing about your "skinwalker" fantasies isn't going to pay the electric bill....

by Anonymousreply 150July 30, 2021 6:09 AM

Creepy OP has been Red-Tagged!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 30, 2021 6:06 PM

The parking lot polaroid has been seared into my mind since I first saw it.

by Anonymousreply 152August 7, 2021 3:47 AM

It's so creepy and upsetting, isn't it R152. I just hope it was a joke polaroid someone put together, rather than the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 153August 7, 2021 3:57 AM

The photo gives me bad juju. If it’s a hoax, those kids are great actors.

Also I don’t think it’s Tara Calico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 7, 2021 4:11 AM

I looked at the Polaroid in R154's link, and I really hope it's someone's ides of a bad joke. There's tape over their mouths but you can't tell if they are bound and there is a book near the girl, like she just put it down to take the pic. To me it seems staged. I can see an asshole father taking a picture like that and saying "I finally got the kids to shut up."

by Anonymousreply 155August 7, 2021 4:48 AM

I hope so too, R155, and I can totally see it happening the way you say as well. I also don't know that I think it looks like Tara either.

by Anonymousreply 156August 7, 2021 4:54 AM

r154 Are they actually in a van? I can't tell.

I see the book "Flowers in the Attic" by the girls arm... that struck me as very odd

by Anonymousreply 157August 7, 2021 12:59 PM

For some stupid reason, the picture in R154's article cropped out the van. The full picture is on wikipedia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 7, 2021 1:05 PM

Thanks r154

by Anonymousreply 159August 7, 2021 1:21 PM

I caught the tail end of some crime show segment last night about BTK and Rader's daughter. Did he wear masks or make his victims wear them? He was fucking creepy. When he was in court talking about his crimes his eyes would roll up almost like he was in a trance.

by Anonymousreply 160August 7, 2021 1:33 PM

I remember there's a creepy scene in Mindhunter where BTK is wearing a mask while masturbating (just before his wife discovers him). That might be what you're thinking of R160. I'm pretty sure that show would've taken that from real life.

by Anonymousreply 161August 7, 2021 2:17 PM

They had some pics of the crime scenes R161. A mask was in some of those pictures. I've heard of BTK but never really read up on him. I'd never really realized he killed entire families. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 162August 7, 2021 2:19 PM

When people mention masks, I always think of that horrible mask in Alice, Sweet Alice. Now I'll probably not sleep.

by Anonymousreply 163August 7, 2021 2:20 PM

Probably not the creepiest, but I found the Marie Hilley case intriguing. I liked the book Poisoned Blood and she got a TV movie in the form of your Miss Judith Light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 7, 2021 2:24 PM

I remember that movie R164.

by Anonymousreply 165August 7, 2021 2:28 PM

Read the book Poisoned Blood, r165. The movie isn't based on it and it has more detail and other wacko Marie incidents.

by Anonymousreply 166August 7, 2021 2:35 PM

This is not creepy but it is tragic and one of the first stories I recall spreading via the Internet.

“A girl who jumped out of a closet and shouted, "Boo!" when her parents came home in the middle of the night was shot and killed by her own father.

Fourteen-year-old Matilda Kaye Crabtree's last words to her father were "I love you, Daddy."

No charges were brought against her father, 53-year-old Robert Crabtree. The Ouachita Parish Chief Deputy, Richard Fewell, said the case would be turned over to the District Attorney as a matter of routine.

"It's sad," Mr. Fewell said. "This is something every kid has done. I don't know how the father is going to live with it."

Matilda and a friend, whose identity was not disclosed, were supposed to be spending Saturday night at the friend's home but had decided to go to the Crabtrees' while Matilda's parents were away, Mr. Fewell said.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 7, 2021 2:41 PM

I grew up in the Florida panhandle, and in the 80s and 90s Pensacola and Panama City and were majors "hubs" for human trafficking, mostly due to the large amounts of runaways that came to the area (for many years Panama City was the top destination that runaways ran away to) and the thriving sex industry at the time (at one point in the 90s, Panama City had the most strip clubs per capita or something like that). Port St. Joe, where the picture was found, is 40 miles from Panama City.

For this reason, I've always believed that even if the photo isn't of Calico, it's likely real.

by Anonymousreply 168August 8, 2021 3:48 PM

This is just a story I'm relating told to me by my brother. He lived in Toronto for his job and would travel out to job sites and was often required to find motels. He said one night he and the guy he was doing field work with could only find a crappy no tell motel type of place but they were so tired and it was late they said "fuck it". At some point during the night his co-worker got up and went outside for a smoke and was pacing up and down the breezeway and saw a door cracked open with an unconscious girl laying face down on the bed. A little while later a man dragged up another unconscious girl up and threw her on the floor. He told my brother the next morning that he's pretty sure those girls were part of a human trafficking ring. My brother reported it to the police but it was too late for them to do anything and they kind of shrugged it off. They could at least keep an eye on the motel IMO.

by Anonymousreply 169August 8, 2021 4:54 PM

A famous Texas missing person search team (Eqqusearch)is going to look for more Dean Corll victims using the latest technology.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2021 3:24 AM

BTK took pics of himself tied up and wearing masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2021 3:46 AM

The disappearance of Laureen Rahn. Her mother came home to discover the light bulbs in the apartment had been loosened and Laureen was missing. Phone calls were later charged to the mother's phone. They were traced to a couple of motels in California where porn was filmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2021 3:53 AM

Corll was killed 48 years ago today. His last victim was a small 13 year old blond boy he found riding his bike in Pasadena. The autopsy showed his eyes and tongue popping out of his face. His face was very swollen. They comment he had unmutilated genitalia but did not mention his rectum. John sellers, killed a few weeks before, had a “gaping rectum, but no mutilation.

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2021 4:19 AM

R172, there are so many creepy aspects of that case. The guy friend leaves the apartment because he hears voices outside and thinks it's her mother returning, but it wasn't, the lightbulbs missing, the mother thinking her daughter is in bed, but it's her friend. It's very unsettling.

R171, speaking of unsettling, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight after seeing that picture!

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2021 11:07 AM

R172 Was she making child porn, became a prostitute, and place those calls but didn’t speak because she was embarrassed? Scared? A serial killer lived in the area at the time, so anything could have happened. Creepy indeed.

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2021 11:50 AM

I suspect she got involved with someone older who lured her to California and started pimping her out.

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2021 6:29 PM

For 14, Laureen Rahn sounded kind of wild and didn’t have the greatest home life:

- However, Laureen was said to be "troubled"; she spent much time alone on the streets, she had talked about running away, and she had begun to smoke marijuana and drink alcohol.

- In the evening, she invited one male and one female friend over, and the three drank a six-pack of beer and a bottle of wine together.

- Maurais had dated Rahn when the two were about 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2021 6:49 PM

R172 I think she got in with the wrong person, did porn, prostitution, was too embarrassed to admit it, called home to hear her mom’s voice, and is either still alive or died of a drug overdose. Bleak.

by Anonymousreply 178August 10, 2021 4:22 AM

So the theory is that she wasn’t kidnapped but left in the night—after unscrewing the lightbulbs—on her own?

by Anonymousreply 179August 10, 2021 5:14 AM

I don't think she intended to never come back. Something happened that night and Laureen ended up in a bad situation.

by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2021 6:11 AM

I agree, she intended to come back. I think she knew the person. The light bulbs are very creepy. I think she wasn’t killed, but forced into porn, prostitution, ended up a druggie, and is either still alive or died of an overdose. Likely the latter. I do believe it was her who called to hear her mom’s voice.

by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2021 11:30 AM

So with these theories, do you guys believe the friend knew she was going out, or that she just slipped out of the house after the friend had gone to bed?

I know it's popular to think of girls being sold into sex slavery and prostitution and all that as explanations, but it's not generally something that happens to a girl in Lauren's situation - except I'd never heard the bit about her spending a lot of time on the streets already, as stated in R177's post. That I guess could've made it more likely.

by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2021 11:34 AM

R182 I think she slipped out, possibly going to meet someone. Or knew they were coming to see her hence why she started in her own bed then moved to the couch.

by Anonymousreply 183August 10, 2021 11:38 AM

What about the Adam Walsh case? How creepy to find only his head. Just 6 years old. Do you think O’toole did it?

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2021 11:41 AM

Autopsy reports from the Dean Corll victims. I don’t think they are terribly detailed. Judging by how violent he supposedly got at the end, in his Pasadena, Tx home(he lived there only for 4 months- killed 8 there) the autopsies don’t ring true or complete. John Sellers was the only one who had rectal damage(described as a gaping rectum). He was one of the final 8 killed. The last victim and first body found, James Stanton Dreymala, was the only victim killed from the Pasadena area. Described by accomplice Brooks as a “small blond boy”. (He didn’t even learn his name despite spending 45 minutes with him before Corll attacked), there is nothing odd in his autopsy. This is strange given how Henley and Brooks said Corll became even more violent with the boys in this house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 15, 2021 6:31 AM

R7 - John B. Allen (Mr. Ballen) is hot. I've been watching his videos for some time, but mainly just to look at him.

by Anonymousreply 186August 15, 2021 6:43 AM

R185 why do you think they don't ring true? It seems there may be more victims they didn't bother looking for

by Anonymousreply 187August 15, 2021 12:01 PM

R187 We heard about how he raped them all. The last victim’s rectum, I believe, was not described as damaged. He was 13. He would likely have been torn. Corll was inserting glass rods in their urethras yet nothing in the autopsy. This supposedly when Corll was at his most violent. The last boy was described as having his eyes bulging out, tongue protruding from his mouth, with no explanation as to what would cause this.

All victims had empty bladders and stomachs. Supposedly Corll kept them alive for days and gave them very little food (if any food) to keep them weak and dehydrated.

I just think they knew the cause of death and didn’t want to get grisly with all the details.

by Anonymousreply 188August 15, 2021 8:23 PM

I agree, I'm sure they held a lot of the more disturbing details back R188

by Anonymousreply 189August 15, 2021 8:39 PM

If you search the pics of bodies being removed from Corll’s boatshed, you can see the last victim’s face if you zoom in. He looks like he has a huge gash on this back.

by Anonymousreply 190August 15, 2021 10:47 PM

I wonder why the news doesn't ever talk about the South African Farm Murders. Still currently going on. The brutality of the murders is off the charts. Just torture porn.

by Anonymousreply 191August 15, 2021 11:33 PM

For me it's still The Black Dahlia. Two days of torture by an unknown assailant, mouth cut into a glasgow smile and left by the side of the road in LA. Naked and drained of all blood, ligature marks on legs, wrists and neck.

This is old, 1975, but still the best done on it, not very much into the gore of it. Played by Lucille Ball's daughter, Lucie Arnaz.

"Who is the Black Dahlia".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 15, 2021 11:45 PM

forgot to mention she was also bisected.

by Anonymousreply 193August 16, 2021 12:06 AM

I didn't know the Black Dahlia was bisectional.

by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2021 12:36 AM

The link is must read. It is Houston and Pasadena PD notes.

It is crazy how 11 out of the first 16 victims were later found in child porn. Coincidence? No way. One was pretty much ID’d as Billy Lawrence. We don’t know the rest but a few, including the Baulch brothers, seem very obvious.

Corll brought at least one, maybe two, well known serial killers from CA to his Pasadena home. He only lived there for 4 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Who did he bring into his home?

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Of all the indignities this woman has to suffer, perhaps the worst was being played by Lucie Arnaz.

by Anonymousreply 197August 16, 2021 4:11 PM

(R197) Evidently you have not seen how sympathetically, how well she played Elizabeth Short. I think she would thank her for showing her as human. Bringing out her depth as a person who was naive. She was treated with cruelty and inhumanely by her captor(s). Lucie Arnaz gave back her dignity.

by Anonymousreply 198August 16, 2021 10:20 PM

This might have been mentioned, I don't remembered, but I watched a podcast on Carl Stayner. The guy warned at the beginning it was going to be intense and meant for mature audiences. I guess I'm not mature. I'm very haunted by it. His mother just died(if it's the same person) in July. Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 199August 17, 2021 11:15 AM

'I don't remembered.' Jesus Christ. He's the Yosemite killer and the podcast when through the timeline and details of all that transpired. Sickening and after decades he's still on death row. His mother begged for his life to be spared.

by Anonymousreply 200August 17, 2021 11:40 AM

The whole Stayner family story is just one fucking gut punch after another. So tragic with even more tragic consequences.

by Anonymousreply 201August 17, 2021 12:01 PM

R199 What's the podcast?

by Anonymousreply 202August 17, 2021 2:17 PM

Is no one going to MARY! R198?

by Anonymousreply 203August 17, 2021 8:42 PM

R201 Yes. The whole history of that family is a string of tragic cluster fucks. And what is even more tragic is that they dragged innocent people into their miserable history.

by Anonymousreply 204August 17, 2021 9:16 PM

Where did it start, though? Did the kidnapping contribute to Stayner becoming a killer?

by Anonymousreply 205August 17, 2021 9:42 PM

The Staynor dad molested his own daughters. There is a ton of messed up shit with that family we’ll likely never know. The whole Steven saga is a tragedy. He was used for sex by men and at least a few women from age 7 on.

by Anonymousreply 206August 17, 2021 9:55 PM

r199, podcast name?

by Anonymousreply 207August 17, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote] Where did it start, though? Did the kidnapping contribute to Stayner becoming a killer?

Yes, but he didn't lose it after his brother died in a motorcycle accident. He'd only been reunited with his family for a few short years before getting killed. I think there was also trouble with his readjusting (no surprise there). That child molester set off a tragic set of dominoes.

by Anonymousreply 208August 17, 2021 10:12 PM

I've read that Corll bit off some of his victims' genitals.

by Anonymousreply 209August 17, 2021 10:23 PM

^ chewed off

by Anonymousreply 210August 17, 2021 10:29 PM

R209 If you read the autopsy reports above, he only did it to one. A lot of the early victims were only bones so it’s hard to tell, but the later victims didn’t have genital mutilation.

by Anonymousreply 211August 17, 2021 10:41 PM

R208, but didn't the father's sexual abuse predate all of this? Certainly the mother's sexual abuse at the hands of the grandfather did.

The family was a cauldron of sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 212August 18, 2021 12:59 AM

Although Cary didn’t murder those women and girls until he was 38 years old, he has said that he had fantasies of torturing and killing women before Steven was kidnapped. Steven was 7 years old when he was kidnapped and 14 when he returned home. Cary was 4 years older.

by Anonymousreply 213August 18, 2021 1:21 AM

They are highlighting serial killers on A&E this week. 5 in particular- Gacy, Dahmer, Ridgeway, BTK, and Bundy. They were basically saying they were killing about the same time. So why not Corll? He broke the fucking record for victims until Gacy. Dahmer was too young. They mentioned Gacy and Dahmer’s homosexuality so maybe they didn’t want it to seem like a homosexual thing, but they could remedy that by replacing Dahmer with Corll. Corll makes way more sense to highlight.

by Anonymousreply 214August 18, 2021 3:02 AM

Anybody remember Ng and Lake?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 18, 2021 3:53 AM

R215 - Didn't they put out a greatest hits video tape?

by Anonymousreply 216August 18, 2021 3:54 AM

Did anybody mention Katherine Knight a truly nasty sick fuck? Her crime was so heinous she was the first woman in Australia to get life without parole. Though she's quite good at pottery so if she attempts to have the sentance overturned I'm sure the Aussies will release her. After all she had previously put her baby on a railroad track and it was saved by a passerby shortly before a train came by and she only spent one night in a psychiatric hospital signing herself out the next day.

by Anonymousreply 217August 18, 2021 3:25 PM

'When she attended Muswellbrook high school, Knight became a loner and is remembered by classmates as a bully who stood over smaller children. She assaulted at least one boy at school with a weapon and was once injured by a teacher – who was subsequently found to have acted in self-defence. By contrast, when not in a rage, Knight was a model student and often earned awards for her good behaviour.'

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 218August 18, 2021 6:20 PM

Lee Miglin's murder by Andrew Cunanan has always stuck with me. Lee was a great guy- he went to church, loved his family, gave to charity, worked hard to keep Chicago growing and safe. He didn't deserve a gruesome death.

by Anonymousreply 219August 18, 2021 7:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 9, 2021 7:13 PM

Being a gay man it's a toss up between Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy for me.

by Anonymousreply 221December 9, 2021 8:15 PM

These people were forced to drink Drano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 13, 2021 9:23 PM

R213 I've always been skeptical of Cary's claims.

by Anonymousreply 223December 13, 2021 10:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!