Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Creepy case of Frauke Liebs. Anyone here heard of this or any theories as to what happened?

I'll own straight up that I am copying and pasting this from the link below, as others have done better write-ups than I ever could:

Frauke Liebs disappeared on June 20th 2006 from the town Paderborn in Germany. Her body was found almost four months later, on October 4th 2006. The circumstances of her disappearance are mysterious, especially since she is believed to have made contact with her friends between her disappearance and her death.

2006 was the year of the football World Cup in Germany. Frauke, a 21 year old nursing student, had met her mom and her flatmate in a restaurant during the afternoon. While she was there, she got a text from a friend and arranged to meet her and some other friends in an Irish Pub in downtown Paderborn to watch some of the games. Her mom dropped her off at the pub around 9 pm. During the Sweden England match she exchanged text messages with an acquaintance, until the battery of her cellphone ran out. She then borrowed the battery of her friend, but the friend said that she returned the battery before leaving. At about 11 pm Frauke said goodbye and headed home. It is assumed that she walked home, because she was said to only have about 5€ on her at this time. Her flat was about 1,5 km (about 1 mile) away from the pub. Nobody knows which path she took, because nobody saw her after she left the pub. Her flatmate Chris claimed that she never arrived at the flat.

At 00:49 am her flatmate received a text from Frauke, which stated that she‘d return later. The police was able to figure out that the text was sent out from the Nieheim-Entrup area. She did not appear at work the following day, and after she was not in the flat, Frauke's mother reported her missing.

Over the next days, Frauke contacted her flatmate five times over the cellphone. The calls were usually short and during the evening hours and did not contain a lot of information about her situation. In the first calls, Frauke hinted that she would come back soon, but answered further questions evasively or mysteriously. The last phone call was received on the evening of June 27th, while Frauke's sister was present. Frauke got asked if she was held against her will, and supposedly said „yes“, but then immediately after „No“ in a louder tone. After that, the contact to Frauke was lost. According to police, during these phonecalls Frauke's cellphone was in various industrial zones of Paderborn. The police also assumes that the calls were placed from within a car that was driven to those areas.

We have transcripts of the texts and phone conversations, translated from German. I'll add them in their own posts, as some can be quite long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2022 9:18 PM

June 21, 00:49, text to her flatmate Chris, her phone was logged somewhere in the area below:

F: „Coming later. The game was fun not against England :) Love you lots see you later“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2021 2:51 AM

June 22, 22:25, call to her flatmate Chris, phone logged into Hövelhof-Dreihausen (Sennelager)

F: „Hello Christos, i just wanted to say that I‘m fine and that I’m coming back home soon. Let Mom and Dad and the others know.“

Chris claims that she only called him Christos when she was angry, and that she sounded like she read the text off of somewhere, like she was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2021 2:51 AM

June 23, 23:04, text to Chris, phone logged into Paderborn Dören

F: „I‘m coming home today. I‘m in Paderborn. Love you“

Chris immediately informed Frauke's mother. Frauke's brother Frank got an automated text message that her phone was reachable again.

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2021 2:52 AM

June 23, 23:06, call to Frauke from her brother Frank, phone logged into Paderborn Dören

Frank: „Frauke, what are you doing, when are you coming home?“

Frauke: „I‘m coming home today, not too late. I‘m in Paderborn, please don‘t ask, I‘m coming home.“

Frank: „Where are you?“

Frauke: „I can‘t tell you“

Frank claims that she sounded normal during this call.

by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2021 2:52 AM

June 24, 14:23, call to Chris, phone logged into Paderborn Mönkeloh

F: „I‘m not coming back too late. I come home this evening.“

C: „Are you hurt?“

F: „No. I‘m in Paderborn. I‘m in Paderborn. I‘m in Paderborn.“

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2021 2:54 AM

June 25, 22:28, call to Chris, phone logged into Paderborn Berliner Ring

F: „Coming home today.“

C: „Are you in danger?“

F: „No.“

C: „Why didn‘t you come home yesterday?“

F: „I can explain that to you.“

C: „Where are you?“

F: „I‘ll explain when I get home.“

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2021 2:54 AM

June 27, 23:24, call to Chris while her sister Karen is there, phone logged into Paderborn Benhauser-Feld

F: „Hi Chrissy. I‘m fine.“

F: „I can‘t tell you.“

C: „Come home.“

F: „No, I can‘t.“

C: „But why not?“

C: „Are you held against your will?“

F: „Yes... no! No!“

C: „Are you afraid?“

C: „Who‘s with you?“

C: „Are you tired?“

F: „Yes, very tired.“

C: „Do you know that the police is looking for you?“

F: „Yes I know.“

C: „How do you know that?“

F: „I‘ve been gone for almost a week.“

C: „But why have you been gone?“

F: „You know that Chris.“

C: „No. Did you meet another guy?“

F: „You know that I wouldn‘t stay away for a week for another guy. You know me.“

C: „Karen is here with me. We are all worried about you.“

F: „Are Mom and Dad also there?“

C: „They were here.“

F: „Tell them that I love them a lot.“

C: „When are you coming back?“

F: „I don‘t know.“

C: „Why didn‘t you come even though you said you‘d come home today?“

F: „I‘ll explain later.“

C: „Should I come pick you up?“

F: „No, that isn‘t possible.“

C: „Can we meet somewhere?“

F: „No that isn‘t possible.“

F: „Mom.“

C: „When are you gonna get in touch?“

F: „I don‘t know yet.“

C: „Get in touch at least once a day.“

F: „I did that the other days.“

C: „I was really sad that you didn‘t get in touch yesterday.“

F: „Yes I know that you‘ve been very sad... Please give Karen the phone.“

K takes the phone

F: „Please don‘t ask too many questions.“

K: „Are you afraid to come home?“

K: „We‘ll leave the flat, and nobody will ask you what happened. Come back.“

F: „That‘s not possible, I‘m still alive!“

K: „Are you with one or more persons?“

F: „Please don‘t ask. I would like to be there with you. I would like to be home.“

C takes the phone

C: „Get in touch at least once a day.“

F: „Yes I will. Ciao. Talk to you soon.“

Karen claims that Frauke sounded like in trance, that her voice was slurred and that she believes Frauke also cried. This was the last time anybody could make contact with Frauke.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2021 2:54 AM

On the 4th October 2006, her body was found in a forest about 20 meters away from the L817 road between Asseln and Herbram-Wald. The body still had the same clothes that she wore on the 20th June. Her cellphone, handbag, watch and wallet could not be found. Because her body was severely decomposed, no cause of death or exact time of death could be determined. After an investigation of the location, police determined that the forest site was not where she was killed. No tire tracks, fingerprints or DNA was found at the site.

Over 700 leads were followed and 1000 people questioned, but nothing really came out of that. Her case was featured multiple times on TV in a show called „Aktenzeichen XY ungelöst“ (Germanys version of „Americas Most Wanted“/„Unsolved Mysteries“) but no witness ever stepped forward. Police ruled out a connection to the criminal case Höxter, which happened close to Paderborn approximately between 2003 and 2016. The police believes that the murderer must have been a local who let Frauke make the calls to distract the police. No concrete motive could be identified. (/end)

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2021 2:55 AM

Go to Websleuths, Defarto.

by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2021 2:59 AM

Perhaps you should seek help for this paranoia you have that everyone posting here is really just this one poster you have an obsession with, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10May 16, 2021 3:06 AM

Why would this be defacturd? It’s not a reason to criticize Muslims or democrats.

It seems very likely that Frauke was taken by a murderous couple who abducted young women repeatedly and were eventually arrested for it. They would use their victims’ cellphones.

The German police have been investigating, but the German police could not find their own butt if it had a bell on it, so the chances that Frauke’s family will see justice done is very slight.

Even if they do find a connection to this couple, they’ll probably just get a few more years tacked on their sentences. The man got 11 years, the woman 13. For multiple abductions/murders!

by Anonymousreply 11May 16, 2021 4:11 AM

Thank a lot for creeping me out, OP! Now I'm to upset to have my evening cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 12May 16, 2021 6:06 AM

Frauke Liebs? With a name like that, she should be a datalounge instant fav.

by Anonymousreply 13May 16, 2021 6:21 AM

Thanks, R11. When I get some time I'll have to look into who this person is that I'm meant to be and why they upset that poster so.

So, is it your theory that it's the couple from the Höxter case then? They sure were horrific people! The police don't seem to think it's them, is the only thing, but if as you say, the German police aren't being very efficient, then...

I know, R12, it's a very creepy case, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2021 6:27 AM

It’s only 45 minutes between Höxter and Paderborn, and the Höxter couple apparently operated close to Paderborn at times.

by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2021 6:35 AM

What's Paderborn like as a town, if you know R11 (or anyone else)? Is it considered a fairly safe place? Would it be considered risky for her to have tried to walk home or is a crime like this totally unexpected?

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2021 6:37 AM

It's the allowing her to phone home that really weirds me out. Do you think the idea was to try and hold people off for a bit (except they knew she was in trouble and that she didn't sound 'right'), to fool her into thinking she would be safe (but why?), etc? I find it really perplexing. And sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2021 9:33 AM

OMG

by Anonymousreply 18May 16, 2021 9:39 AM

Can GermanGayGuy's whereabouts at this time be accounted for?

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 8:05 AM

There was a similar casein my hometown. Turned out to be a wandering serial killer. This one likely raped her repeatedly. I’d wonder about the bar patrons on that night. Was one of the patrons actually a serial killer who took a fancy to her?

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 9:29 AM

That's a really interesting theory R20. Most people think she was picked up as she left, but actually, someone being in the bar that night who saw her leave alone and then followed her is a possibility. Not sure what CCTV was like in that spot then, but I'd be curious to know.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 12:02 PM

I just heard about this case. Really weird.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2021 5:16 PM

Very weird, R22. And gives me chills every time I read about it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Why did they not track her via her phone calls?

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2021 1:11 PM

I don't exactly understand the situation, but I think they did manage to work out the area she was in through the towers. It just wasn't specific enough (ie 'somewhere in the Paderborn area' vs 'in this exact house').

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2021 6:07 PM

Netzfrauen are on it!

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2021 6:21 PM

^Someone call Baudy Moovan, R26!

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2021 6:27 PM

Her saying "tell them I love them a lot" is very sad, like she knew at that moment she would probably not be coming home. Whoever kidnapped her obviously got her to keep telling them she was coming home on the day she rang them as an attempt at stalling them from looking for her.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2022 9:11 AM

Her nickname was Frau.

by Anonymousreply 29September 6, 2022 9:39 AM

[quote] C: „Karen is here with me. We are all worried about you.“

That explains it.

Always the goddamned Karens.

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2022 9:43 AM

It was either some German cannibal, or the Wicked Witch that ate Hansel and Gretel.

Those are the only two possible explanations.

by Anonymousreply 31September 6, 2022 9:44 AM

[quote]Why would this be defacturd? It’s not a reason to criticize Muslims or democrats.

Well, r11, I don't know if you're still around, but (a) Defacto is Davida and she's obsessed with true crime, and (b) this thread just got bumped by the OP at r28, even though it's a year and a half old. Classic Davida/Defacto behavior.

by Anonymousreply 32September 6, 2022 9:50 AM

OP here, R32. Not this Defacto person, whether you believe it or not.

You may find life improves somewhat if you give up on the need to be hall monitor on threads. It really doesn't actually affect you one iota if people bump old threads.

Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 33September 6, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote] (a) Defacto is Davida and

False.

by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Im not the one arguing that davida and defacto are one and the same buts it's also classic davida to deny, deny, deny instead of just ignoring. You can tell the trolls because they cannot let one go. Must argue or post what they think are clever comebacks.

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]You can tell the trolls because they cannot let one go. Must argue or post what they think are clever comebacks.

That's a convenient thing to claim - therefore anyone responding to your ridiculous accusations ends up being a troll by your definition.

But it's a bad faith argument so it doesn't work, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2022 8:45 PM

And yet you can't let it go, can you?Try and ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2022 8:52 PM

I'm perfectly within my rights to respond to ridiculous accusations. Maybe you should take your own advice and try and ignore it.

Anyway, back to Frauke Liebs, who probably would rather have the opportunity to have silly fights on a message board...

by Anonymousreply 38September 6, 2022 8:54 PM

Yep, sounds like davida. Always responds. Always.

by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2022 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!