Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Girl, this Article on Yashar Ali is Fabulous

The very secretive Ali is going to be so pissed off by this.

He has a history of using rich ladies and leaving them not liking him. Including Kathy Griffin, who had to kick him out of her house after he squatted there for 9 months.

He borrowed almost $200,000 from an heiress was squatting with. And she had to sue him. He promised to pay it back in monthly installments but defaulted after only two payments.

He comes across as a Talented Mr. Ripley level grifter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 13, 2021 11:31 PM

I love the fact that the author wonders if Yashar's "youthful" Twitter pic was from the 40-year-old's high school yearbook.

Yashar swears it was taken just before the pandemic. Sure, Jan.

And Yashar refuses to have a photoshoot. And wants to be interviewed in "darkened silhouette." He claims this is to protect his family and so Scientologists don't know what you look like. Sounds very shady.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 6:24 PM

If only Bea Arthur were alive during the age of the hoodie. She would t have had to wear those big scarves to disguise her fat chins.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 6:26 PM

It's not trending on Twitter yet, the Daily Beast did tweet about it.

I bet Kathy Griffin is going to be feeling very uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 6:30 PM

People on Twitter are laughing about him being called out for catfishing.

They are also wondering if all the talk about suicide was just theater because he knew the article was coming.

He may have thought the magazine would think he COULDN'T publish while he was in such a delicate mental state.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 6:34 PM

I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 6:36 PM

Wow. He is a grifter! The parasitic relationships with wealthy older women is very Capote-esque.

Also, he needs to own his obesity. Otherwise - isn’t that fat shaming? 😭

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote] People on Twitter are laughing about him being called out for catfishing.

Where, Milo?

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 7:07 PM

Here, asshole:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 7:14 PM

He looks like the poo 💩 emoji

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 7:20 PM

I also have to wonder about some of his close "friends."

Megyn Kelly and Jenna Ellis?

I think he is far more right-wing than his public persona.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 7:26 PM

Juicy piece!

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 7:35 PM

Now you know why he suicidal last week. He was trying to get sympathy. He knew this was coming.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 7:44 PM

Wow what a takedown piece! Poor Kathy G for taking him in.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote] And Yashar refuses to have a photoshoot. And wants to be interviewed in "darkened silhouette." He claims this is to protect his family and so Scientologists don't know what you look like. Sounds very shady.

The fat fuck has been on television many times. No silhouette.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 7:46 PM

Jeff Zucker would go to the opening of an envelope. He turned CNN into The Jerry Springer Show.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote] Ali is a uniquely twenty-first-century media personality—an openly gay Iranian American convert to Catholicism who claims he attends Mass three times a week.

Oh, gtfo here.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote] Ali is a uniquely twenty-first-century media personality—an openly gay Iranian American convert to Catholicism who claims he attends Mass three times a week.

Oh, gtfo out of here.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Comment on Twitter:

[quote]We need season 3 of Dirty John to be based on the LA Mag Yashar piece

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:52 PM

I don't know him.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 7:54 PM

We know OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 7:55 PM

"He looks like the poo 💩 emoji "

He looks like Kenny...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 7:57 PM

I eat old people’s excrement.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 8:00 PM

At least Kathy Griffin got something out of the deal.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote]We know OP

This thread is about this new article, not his Twitter meltdown.

It deserves a separate thread.

But thanks for your policing of threads. It's so appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]At least Kathy Griffin got something out of the deal.

Joan Walsh (a very reasonable person) saying that Kathy grew afraid of him makes him sound very creepy.

And how he insinuated himself into her life, moved in, and then just disappeared to his bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 8:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 8:25 PM

So is he a gigolo, did he finger or go down on those old society matrons?

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 8:27 PM

The Capote comparison is apt. Kathy was trying to rebuild her career after the Trump photo disaster, and she was worried if she threw him out he’d destroy her on Twitter. What a POS. And the context that’s added here about his relationship with the Garcetti aide-sorry, his abuser or rapist or whatever he wants to call him-is telling.

If I were a celebrity I’d steer clear of him.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote]Joan Walsh (a very reasonable person) saying that Kathy grew afraid of him makes him sound very creepy.

Yeah, it was interesting to see Joan Walsh, this very sober political pundit, being all "GURRRL, get him out of your house!"

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 8:35 PM

"GURRRRRRRRRL!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 8:36 PM

Have you seen what he really looks like r27? Do a quick google image search before you eat anything.

So all of that money he was giving away during the pandemic wasn't his to give? Or maybe he didn't even give out very much if any.

This is some good dirt. Thanks OP! Over at his "suicide" thread we had a hard time with his explanation that his fake spiral was brought on by the death of his favorite elephant and the approaching anniversary of Anthony Bourdain's suicide. Double fuck that cunt for using Anthony as a prop.

No wonder Kathy wasn't tweeting out any support. Hah!

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 8:39 PM

Story also makes his media "friends" like Jake Tapper come off as rather vapid, and uninformed to the true nature of his personality.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 8:46 PM

The *real* Yashar...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 8:47 PM

So, does this explain why he was doing those "suicidal" tweets then? Can't be a coincidence...

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 8:48 PM

Yashar Ali is trending.

Live by the Twitter, die by the Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 8:50 PM

Yep, it was like a fucking advent calendar.

People were rightly pretty disgusted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 8:51 PM

CRYING OVER A DEAD ELEPHANT. HE IS TOO FUCKING MUCH.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 8:51 PM

It just looks like he’s trying to become one with his elephant friends, the only ones he’s has left.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 8:52 PM

This house of gay grifter cards is about the crumble. Next stop, lawsuits for the cash and if payment plans missed, jail. Gurl be toast.

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 8:57 PM

A couple of years ago I checked his Twitter regularly for a few months. Soon realized there was something off about him and the only tweets I liked were the elephant ones. He tried to come across as deeply connected with some serious cred. But I felt he was a celebrity suckup and his tweets largely depended on whoever he was sucking up to. Also had misgivings about Rick Wilson and the Lincoln Project and it turns out they were a donation grifting machine.

I'm pleasantly, even smugly, surprised my instincts aren't completely shit.

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2021 8:57 PM

Even I wouldn’t have him.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote]CRYING OVER A DEAD ELEPHANT. HE IS TOO FUCKING MUCH

To be fair, I’d cry over that too.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 8:58 PM

Agree r32. He’s such a good friend! Don’t remember how I met him or where and we haven’t ACTUALLY met in person...

Are you fucking kidding me? Lol

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 9:04 PM

Yashar Ali sends his love from his new home. He's loving Jake Tapper's pool house.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2021 9:21 PM

It was a good article. This could be his downfall. Did anyone guess that he was actually homeless and not only in debt, but unable to pay his obligations.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 9:24 PM

I once bought a rug from someone who looked like this. I felt cheated when I got it home.

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2021 9:29 PM

I love this. What a turd, and yes, he obviously knew this was coming. The spiral will be quite entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2021 9:33 PM

All in all this article was far from a harsh takedown, it’s much more sympathetic then I would have thought.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2021 9:39 PM

I thought he brought up the elephant story to distract people from him being good friends with Chrissy Teigen.

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2021 9:39 PM

Is Chrissy and elephant friend of his?

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2021 9:43 PM

Kathy Griffith seems pretty chill and the fact she kicked him out R48 says a lot. After all the shit out government did to Kathy Griffin and the fact she was afraid of kicking him out says a lot R48.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2021 9:54 PM

From the pics, I'd say he's an elephant friend of Chrissy's.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 9:54 PM

I don't think Kathy has said anything on Twitter about this.

I bet she is afraid to -- and wishing Joan Walsh hadn't gone on the record.

Yashar is very vindictive and does have a lot of followers.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 9:56 PM

T51, Kathy Griffin seems chill? She has a victim complex and thinks everyone is out to get her. Shes the type that’s turn on anyone on a dime. She’s as mentally Ill as Rosie and Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 9:56 PM

Can anyone even confirm he was friends with Anthony Bourdain? Or was he a Jake Tapper-like friend. He's great, we've never actually met!

Just saw a 6/8 tweet where he was crying over Bourdain's death. And people posting about how hard it was for them to deal too--even though they never actually knew or met Bourdain. I mean, as a lifelong Lakers fan, I was gutted by Kobe Bryant's death but I hardly talk about his death as if he was family or something.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2021 9:58 PM

Has anyone confronted Yashar about this on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2021 9:59 PM

R53 I have even greater respect for Joan Walsh after reading this. She’s one media person who saw him clearly for the grifter he is.

Maggie Haberman should be embarrassed by her comment.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2021 10:00 PM

Joan has always rubbed me the wrong way R57, but I respect her for having Kathy's back.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2021 10:02 PM

Rick Wilson is intrigued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2021 10:27 PM

So Yashar is Aaron Paul's couch grifter character on "Bojack Horseman"?

That tracks.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2021 10:31 PM

I never have any idea who all these people are ! Am I THAT old ?

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2021 10:41 PM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2021 10:49 PM

I hate this fuckwad Yashar so. fucking. much.

If you really knew him too, you'd feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2021 10:52 PM

How do you know him R63?

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2021 10:56 PM

He should squat with Faye Dunaway in exchange for being her personal assistant.

I would watch that 24 hours daily.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2021 11:02 PM

I think Yashar should move in with L*I*Z*A* next!! She has many millions left and they could talk of so many things, in silhouette. I've never met a muslim catholic that will drink or do drugs yet. But they can EAT and TALK, ever do seductively. Care for the animals when people let you down. Liza loves drugs and drink and food and animals. Humming. Marlboros. They could heal together. This terrible betrayal by Kathy Griffin should appeal to Liza's soft head. I mean heart.

Of course Michael Feinstein will alert the $cientologists of Yashar's whereabouts. Fat-wah!

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2021 11:02 PM

Seems like a type who's mentally unwell from living online too much, constant consumption of media on social issues while ignoring his own problems. I remember someone here saying he seems like he lives on twitter back before this came out.

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2021 11:11 PM

Wonder if Kathy's gonna expose Yashar like she did with Andy Cohen back when he took her NYE gig. That video was a trip!

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2021 11:18 PM

I seriously got the Talented Mr. Ripley vibes reading this article minus the good looks.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2021 11:18 PM

Wow, this guy really is a fraud. What was up with all that giving money away if he's homeless (okay, couch surfing) and owes thousands? And that suicide stuff is coming off as completely manipulative now given that he knew that this article was coming out.

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Has anyone ever seen Yashar Ali and Sam Lufti in the same room together?

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 11:23 PM

R61 You might be too young. Kathy Griffin is getting embalmed next month.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 11:25 PM

I only knew Yashar from Datalounge. I had no idea he was that famous.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote] I seriously got the Talented Mr. Ripley vibes reading this article minus the good looks.

TBF, he USED to have looks, or he stole the picture of someone who had them.

[quote] I only knew Yashar from Datalounge. I had no idea he was that famous

Me either, but I’m certainly eager for the next chapter. I wonder if his present host will be so accommodating now that the truth is coming out?

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 11:44 PM

Is his totem animal the elephant because he remembers everything and will use it against you given the chance?

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]I think Yashar should move in with L*I*Z*A* next!!

Shoundzh fabulous, dahling! A gash!

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 11:48 PM

I followed him years ago on Twitter because his photo was kind of cute and he had interesting things to say sometimes. I nearly puked and unfollowed him immediately when I saw what he really looks like.

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2021 11:59 PM

I think this is the saddest bit of the article:

[quote]According to several sources present at these parties, the kisses had seemed like a long-running gag between the two men, so they were shocked when Ali framed them as sexual harassment. But nobody was more surprised than Jacobs, who thought of himself as a mentor to Ali and often counseled him on his career.

by Anonymousreply 78June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

Has he commented on twitter about the article on him yet?

popcorn popping (don't let me down DL)

by Anonymousreply 79June 10, 2021 12:07 AM

It's actually interesting how many rich and famous people he's managed to involve himself with.

by Anonymousreply 80June 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Article forgets to mention that he is also very close friends with Ben Afflect, Lis Smith, Hillary Clinton, Maggie Haberman

by Anonymousreply 81June 10, 2021 12:17 AM

I see a play or novel coming out of this like Six Degrees of Separation, though they cann’t use wanting to be in a movie of Cats as a motivation for befriending him.

by Anonymousreply 82June 10, 2021 12:17 AM

I doubt he is "very close friends" with them R82.

by Anonymousreply 83June 10, 2021 12:18 AM

Oops meant R81.

by Anonymousreply 84June 10, 2021 12:18 AM

It's interesting to see how many blue checks are responding with their own negative experiences with him as well. He's fucked - and not in the good way.

by Anonymousreply 85June 10, 2021 12:26 AM

Like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 10, 2021 12:32 AM

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 87June 10, 2021 12:32 AM

R86 He can barely jump a few inches off the ground, he ain’t in no way flying too close to the sun.

by Anonymousreply 88June 10, 2021 12:34 AM

People are starting to share their stories of dealing with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 10, 2021 12:34 AM

I guess we don’t need to ask if his pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 90June 10, 2021 12:35 AM

R69 Twitter is not the format for long diatribe explanations.

by Anonymousreply 91June 10, 2021 12:38 AM

So he got fat and can't deal with it. Surrender yourself to us chasers. We can be quite tender and appreciative.

by Anonymousreply 92June 10, 2021 12:40 AM

He's probably very unpleasant (most social climbers are) but I loathe this trend of " coming forward with a story" about someone while they're already being trashed. Saying nothing while the person is on top and then waiting while they're down to kick them is sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 93June 10, 2021 12:44 AM

^Not to mention, cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2021 12:51 AM

R93 True. These people are grifters themselves. I am laughing my ass off at some of these tweets though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2021 12:52 AM

I thought he was annoying at times but didn't know how malicious and manipulative he was. Smearing Alison Roman and Amy Sirskund with stuff he took out of context and knew not to be true, squatting in Kathy Griffin's house. Guy definitely has no respect for women.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2021 12:53 AM

I don't even think he's really gay.

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2021 12:54 AM

Well, part of it may be that he would sic his followers on critics, enemies and against anyone who slighted him. But yeah, both the grifter and the hyenas feasting on the carcass make up a pretty ugly picture. I was caught up with some of it during the Trump administration but stepped back after realizing the enemy of my enemy is still someone I don't want any part of. The most rabid anti-Trumpers were pretty pathetic themselves. The non-pathetic ones perfected their grifting game.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]And the context that’s added here about his relationship with the Garcetti aide-sorry, his abuser or rapist or whatever he wants to call him-is telling.

There's speculation that the LA Mag article was brought about by the Garcetti camp; yesterday Yashar sicced his lawyers on the city attorney demanding the release of deposition transcripts from a sexual harassment suit against the city. He's "told the depositions contain damaging info about Garcetti's conduct"

Grab the popcorn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2021 1:02 AM

He's a cunt, but I don't like to see anyone get stomped while they're down - especially by people who have no dogs in the fight. If people who have a personal grievance with him want to come forward and bash him, fine. That's his karma. Most of the randos chiming in just want to see (or make) someone suffer for the "fun" of it, though.

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2021 1:03 AM

R100.

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2021 1:04 AM

Another friend, whom Yashar later mistreated tweeted a thread about their falling out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2021 1:11 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 10, 2021 1:11 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 10, 2021 1:12 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 10, 2021 1:12 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 10, 2021 1:13 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 10, 2021 1:13 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 10, 2021 1:14 AM

continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 10, 2021 1:14 AM

fini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 10, 2021 1:14 AM

He really fucked with Amy Siskind R108 for no apparent reason.

by Anonymousreply 111June 10, 2021 1:14 AM

That was already posted FFS. We saw it the first time.

by Anonymousreply 112June 10, 2021 1:16 AM

He really does seem a bit like Truman Capote, but without the genuine talent and Truman's early good looks.

I don't love pile-ups, but he seems to have played a significant role in Twitter cancel culture, so it's live by the Tweet, die by the Tweet. I've always felt the Alison Roman thing was spurred by envy more than genuine offense about anything.

by Anonymousreply 113June 10, 2021 1:17 AM

one more

Sorry I disturbed you R112

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 10, 2021 1:18 AM

Amy Siskind is a pretty good person to follow on Twitter. And she's fair in her representation of Yashar. It's important for people to speak up. Yes, it's a pile on, but he'll get off easy regardless. I bet he and Chrissy Teigen are plotting their vengeful comebacks this very minute. And they'll have them too. Their fanbase is not the power elites. The only people who really get cancelled, have some kind of sex. That does not apply to Yashar. Or Chrissy.

by Anonymousreply 115June 10, 2021 1:21 AM

R100 Not necessarily.... I want to see him suffer because he deserves it, for being a nasty piece of shit to random people. He's raised hell about what he deems racist cultural appropriation... 'cause of someone's Halloween costume he deemed offensive. And it was chickenshit nonsense -- but his infantile wokescold army unleashed their wrath on this woman. And some time afterward, the woman in question did an interview with a local media outlet, said the experience was horrible, scary, etc. And this was recently enough that he knew what would happen after he trashed this woman.

Me? I'm no Saint. He could raise money for his beloved cause by doing a PPV, him getting stomped by at least one elephant.

The world will be a better place when he's on the other side of the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 116June 10, 2021 1:22 AM

For those who hadn't heard, Yashar knowingly lied about Alison Roman's Halloween costume being offensive. She dressed as Amy Winehouse, which he was aware of, and he said was dressed as a "chola" Latina stereotype. Just to smear her over an unrelated disagreement.

by Anonymousreply 117June 10, 2021 1:27 AM

The LA Mag article does a great job of framing Yashar’s success as a symptom of a diseased, revenue-started media industry. It also suggests that #MeToo and our recent obsession with diversity/equity opened the door for vengeful scumbags like Yashar, who saw to it that the Times fired Alison Roman after she criticized his pal, Chrissy Teigen.

by Anonymousreply 118June 10, 2021 1:31 AM

Like Tish, Yashar could be suffering from premenstrual dysphoria. Have a heart.🖤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 10, 2021 1:32 AM

This is an interesting thread, did no know all of this stuff about him.

by Anonymousreply 120June 10, 2021 1:41 AM

All of the people Yashar grifted are rich women. His charm doesn't work on the menz?

by Anonymousreply 121June 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Now he’s REALLY got something to be suicidal about!

by Anonymousreply 122June 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Amy Siskind's tweet. Yashar Ali is a vile snake. I hope an elephant stomps on him someday. That would be sweet poetic justice:

I too have a story to share about Yashar Ali. I met him at the same 2008 event for prominent Hillary supporters as Susie Tompkins Buell. Shortly after, Susie formed WomenCount with West Coast supporters. 30 East Coast supporters formed The New Agenda.

The New Agenda's role was to speak out against sexism. And to promote women into leadership in both parties and in all spheres. We were among the first to speak out against sexism against women of both parties.I wrote back then for Daily Beast and HuffPost as head of the org.

I had met Yashar. We kept in touch and he knew about my orgs work. Our paths crossed more closely when Hillary ran again in 2016. We actually were pretty close. I am gay, and I was one of the first people he came out to. I have an inbox full of gushing messages on FB.

Then we had a falling out. Ironically over the woman who accused Trump in 2016 of sexually assaulting her when she was 13. Yashar kept disparaging her on my page. I asked him to stop - once, twice, three times, then finally blocked him.

Months later, old tweets of mine and old DB stories were cut and pasted together by Yashar to create a false story about me and my org. Although he knew full well who we were and what we did. He took writings I did as president of the org to mischaracterize me and my work.

When I was selected for the POLITICO 50 in 2017 for my work with The Weekly List, he tweeted how I didn't deserve it and recirculated this old tweets and stories - again knowingly out of context. My org wanted more women to run in both parties. That and defend against sexism.

Eventually people called him out on this. If you read the articles I wrote as leader of the org, they are on women's rights and representation - which party is doing more (14 years ago the GOP tried). It was separate as well from my personal viewpoints.

It's almost impossible to fight false narratives which are cleverly crafted in 280 characters or less. So I just moved on. But I understand why people are fearful of his wrath - he knows how to manipulate - and didn't want to go on record.

P.S.: I also remember Kathy Griffin really viciously attacking me here - which I never understood at the time, because I had always defended her when she came under attack for her tweet. Now it makes sense: Yashar was living in her house at the time 🤦🏾‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 123June 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Jake Tapper, to my surprise, seemed charmed.

by Anonymousreply 124June 10, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]All of the people Yashar grifted are rich women. His charm doesn't work on the menz?

We've seen it all before.

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 125June 10, 2021 1:49 AM

R124 Jake Tapper is a creepy crypto republican who is charmed by anyone he perceives as having power.

by Anonymousreply 126June 10, 2021 1:52 AM

I hope he defrauds Chrissy Teigen, they deserve each other

by Anonymousreply 127June 10, 2021 1:52 AM

Could someone post Amy Siskind's tweets?

by Anonymousreply 128June 10, 2021 1:56 AM

R126 Totally, lots of us overlook Tapper's republicanism cuz of his DILF looks and hatred of Trump. The guy still loves DeSantis, the Bushes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 129June 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Has anyone posted the Amy Siskind tweets yet?

by Anonymousreply 130June 10, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] The fat fuck has been on television many times. No silhouette.

How does he eat without leaving Kathy's bedroom? He's either skipping meals or ordering everything in.

by Anonymousreply 131June 10, 2021 2:00 AM

Grifter is trending on Twitter for Yashar. LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 132June 10, 2021 2:02 AM

Here they are!!!

Amy Siskind's tweet:

I too have a story to share about Yashar Ali. I met him at the same 2008 event for prominent Hillary supporters as Susie Tompkins Buell. Shortly after, Susie formed WomenCount with West Coast supporters. 30 East Coast supporters formed The New Agenda.

The New Agenda's role was to speak out against sexism. And to promote women into leadership in both parties and in all spheres. We were among the first to speak out against sexism against women of both parties.I wrote back then for Daily Beast and HuffPost as head of the org.

I had met Yashar. We kept in touch and he knew about my orgs work. Our paths crossed more closely when Hillary ran again in 2016. We actually were pretty close. I am gay, and I was one of the first people he came out to. I have an inbox full of gushing messages on FB.

Then we had a falling out. Ironically over the woman who accused Trump in 2016 of sexually assaulting her when she was 13. Yashar kept disparaging her on my page. I asked him to stop - once, twice, three times, then finally blocked him.

Months later, old tweets of mine and old DB stories were cut and pasted together by Yashar to create a false story about me and my org. Although he knew full well who we were and what we did. He took writings I did as president of the org to mischaracterize me and my work.

When I was selected for the POLITICO 50 in 2017 for my work with The Weekly List, he tweeted how I didn't deserve it and recirculated this old tweets and stories - again knowingly out of context. My org wanted more women to run in both parties. That and defend against sexism.

Eventually people called him out on this. If you read the articles I wrote as leader of the org, they are on women's rights and representation - which party is doing more (14 years ago the GOP tried). It was separate as well from my personal viewpoints.

It's almost impossible to fight false narratives which are cleverly crafted in 280 characters or less. So I just moved on. But I understand why people are fearful of his wrath - he knows how to manipulate - and didn't want to go on record.

P.S.: I also remember Kathy Griffin really viciously attacking me here - which I never understood at the time, because I had always defended her when she came under attack for her tweet. Now it makes sense: Yashar was living in her house at the time 🤦🏾‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 133June 10, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote]For those who hadn't heard, Yashar knowingly lied about Alison Roman's Halloween costume being offensive.

Has he commented on this costume yet? It’s only been 13 or so years so I can understand if he just hasn’t gotten to it yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 10, 2021 2:04 AM

Where are all the fraus and Hag Fags who screech about every takedown of a woman here when this thread is dragging this gay guy?

by Anonymousreply 135June 10, 2021 2:05 AM

Hey, has anyone seen this yet? They're the tweets from Amy Siskind!

Amy Siskind's tweet:

P.S.: I also remember Kathy Griffin really viciously attacking me here - which I never understood at the time, because I had always defended her when she came under attack for her tweet. Now it makes sense: Yashar was living in her house at the time

by Anonymousreply 136June 10, 2021 2:06 AM

Alright whores, it's a funny joke but stop clogging up the thread.

by Anonymousreply 137June 10, 2021 2:09 AM

Well, well, well… The cat is indeed out of the bag, isn’t it?

I’ve told you all before, Ms. Karma does [italic]not[/italic] play, and she’s a fervent and adroit multitasker, too.

by Anonymousreply 138June 10, 2021 2:13 AM

I just heard from my roommate that Amy Siskind just posted a rabid takedown of YA on Twitter…

by Anonymousreply 139June 10, 2021 2:13 AM

r128

It's almost impossible to fight false narratives which are cleverly crafted in 280 characters or less. So I just moved on.

But I understand why people are fearful of his wrath - he knows how to manipulate - and didn't want to go on record.

P.S.: I also remember Kathy Griffin really viciously attacking me here - which I never understood at the time, because I had always defended her when she came under attack for her tweet. Now it makes sense: Yashar was living in her house at the time Woman facepalming

by Anonymousreply 140June 10, 2021 2:13 AM

response to Amy Siskind

Danny Deraney

Same. I have an incredible story, and have the receipts. Hopefully this is the end of people rt'ng his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 141June 10, 2021 2:14 AM

R102 et al - you might find this site useful in the future when you want to link to threads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 10, 2021 2:15 AM

The ancient white men of DL don't know how to use the Twitter machine. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 143June 10, 2021 2:16 AM

Can someone post Amy Siskind's tweets? I haven't seen them yet.

by Anonymousreply 144June 10, 2021 2:16 AM

HAHAHAA

[quote]One evening in the fall of 2018, Griffin invited journalist Joan Walsh, the national affairs correspondent for The Nation and a former political analyst for CNN and MSNBC, to join her for dinner. After Ali made an appearance, Walsh began probing Griffin about the nature of her relationship with him. Walsh says she got the sense that Griffin wanted Ali to leave but was too intimidated to force the issue. “I completely believed that she was uncomfortable and maybe even afraid, and I sympathized with her,” says Walsh. After listening to Griffin’s story and seeing her evident anxiety, Walsh told her host, “Kathy, you got yourself a grifter. You have to get him out of here.”

It would take several more months, but Griffin finally asked Ali to leave in early 2019, enlisting two part-time male assistants to help oversee the packing of his belongings. Then they ordered him an Uber and sent him on his way.

by Anonymousreply 145June 10, 2021 2:18 AM

Saw this on Twitter and was gonna avoid, but you got me, OP. I'm reading it.

by Anonymousreply 146June 10, 2021 2:18 AM

r144 see r140

by Anonymousreply 147June 10, 2021 2:18 AM

Has Susan Dey commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote]I asked him to suggest a few acquaintances who might comment about him, and he replied by sending a spreadsheet listing the personal emails and cellphone numbers of more than 40 bold-face names, including actresses Busy Phillips, Mandy Moore, and Kristin Davis, along with Piers Morgan, Axios’s Mike Allen, Politico’s Sam Stein, talk show hosts Meghan McCain and Abby Huntsman, and Irena Briganti, the much-feared head of communications at Fox News.

Because who doesn't have spreadsheets of their friends and their contact info?

[quote]“I don’t remember how we became friends,” says New York Times Washington correspondent Maggie Haberman. Zucker has a hard time recalling, too. “That’s a really good question. How do I know Yashar?” So does CNN anchor Jake Tapper. “I couldn’t tell you how me met, but suddenly he was a presence in my life—a wonderful one,” he says. “It just feels like he’s always been in my life. But I don’t know that I’ve ever met him in person.”

This is just bizarre. Tapper has never met him and yet describes his a wonderful presence in his life? Are these people that easily taken in by social media flattery, or is he blackmailing them?

[quote]That coup led to his appointment in 2009 as Newsom’s deputy chief of staff. Within Newsom’s inner circle, Ali’s scant political experience raised questions. “Yashar didn’t even have a goddamn resumé,” says one former aide, who recalled the team struggling to create a press bio for the new hire due to his conspicuous lack of experience.

Again, how? You can't even say he slept his way anywhere, because even in that pic of him with Newsom in 2009 he's an unattractive fatty.

by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2021 2:19 AM

LMFAO!

Yashart = fug fake fat fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2021 2:20 AM

Yashar was molested.

by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2021 2:20 AM

R150 The funniest part is he's used that profile pic for years and yet he's claiming it was taken just as the pandemic started!

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2021 2:21 AM

Yashar really should marry L*I*Z*A*. The both deserve romance.

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2021 2:22 AM

R29 More like…

Kathy…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] The ancient white men of DL don't know how to use the Twitter machine. Sad, really.

Thanks, Karen at R143. Sorry to keep you from that bolt of fabric from JOANN Fabric and Crafts.

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] So, does this explain why he was doing those "suicidal" tweets then? Can't be a coincidence...

Yes, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 156June 10, 2021 2:24 AM

This is so delicious it should be fattening!

by Anonymousreply 157June 10, 2021 2:27 AM

He was talking about the Spanish Flu, R152.

by Anonymousreply 158June 10, 2021 2:29 AM

R48 The journalist executed fact-based shade [italic]exquisitely[/italic]. Fuck a “chef’s kiss.” How about a whore’s blowjob?

I present the journalist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote] and they could talk of so many things, in silhouette

lmfao!

by Anonymousreply 160June 10, 2021 2:34 AM

I love this thread, but study hall is over and if I don't get to my math class Mr. Barnes is going to flunk me for sure and I don't want to get grounded again

Yashar can no longer sit at the cool kids table

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2021 2:46 AM

The article says he tweets on average 60(!) times a day...funny how quiet he's gone all of a sudden. It must be killing him trying to think of how he's going to spin this. You can't ignore the elephant in the room, Yashar!

by Anonymousreply 162June 10, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote] Rick Wilson is intrigued.

Rick Wilson is as annoying as Yashar Ali. I hope he gets one of these stories as well.

by Anonymousreply 163June 10, 2021 2:56 AM

What do people have to gain by keeping Amy Siskind's story to themselves and not sharing it? It must be juicy!

by Anonymousreply 164June 10, 2021 2:56 AM

I'm new to this thread, has anyone made a fat joke yet? Something about how a fatwa isn't enough, he needs an obese-wa? Or yada yada yada, Yashar Ali-fat, head of the PLO (pork loin obliterators)? A camel would sooner walk through the eye of a needle before Yashar saw his gunt?

by Anonymousreply 165June 10, 2021 2:59 AM

I am gonna call the story for what it is, a blatantly homophobic hit piece.

It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 166June 10, 2021 3:01 AM

No one has made a joke R165. Have you?

by Anonymousreply 167June 10, 2021 3:01 AM

EDDY: Darling, if you have a fatwa on you, does it make you fat?

SAFFY: No.

EDDY: Well, will you [italic]tell[/italic] Patsy that?

by Anonymousreply 168June 10, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote]It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

If the caftan fits...

by Anonymousreply 169June 10, 2021 3:09 AM

r166 It's not about him being gay, it's about the other G word... grifter

by Anonymousreply 170June 10, 2021 3:12 AM

If he wasn't such a sloth I would be worried he would pull an Andrew Cunanan

by Anonymousreply 171June 10, 2021 3:12 AM

How dare this man be arguing, preaching and obsessively tweeting about how many WHITE towels one must own - when he is fucking HOMELESS! I bet he's living with Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 172June 10, 2021 3:16 AM

“ Which is not to say that Ali turns on all his friends. Sometimes he can be ferociously loyal. Take, for example, Leah Remini (No. 5 on Ali’s list). Ali and the King of Queens-actress-turned-activist have been close for years—she’s the one who inspired his anti-Scientology crusade. When she was fired from her yearlong stint at The Talk in 2011, Remini publicly blamed cohost Sharon Osbourne of orchestrating her departure. She’d later retract the accusation (telling Howard Stern the reason she got fired was that “I am not good at interviewing celebrities”) but then retracted her retraction last April, when Osbourne found herself in hot water for defending controversial comments by Piers Morgan (No. 43 on Ali’s list). The outlet where Remini resurfaced her allegation? Ali’s Substack, where she was the only on-the-record source in a brutal post—citing 11 other anonymous sources—accusing Osbourne of a long list of offenses, including bullying and using racist language. Days later, Osbourne was fired after more than a decade on the show”

Justice for Sharon Osbourne!

by Anonymousreply 173June 10, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote] It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

Problem is, there’s EVIDENCE to back up those accusations. No need to defend someone just because they’re gay. A gay man can be a POS as easily as a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 174June 10, 2021 3:22 AM

Is Yashar an orphan? I mean, doesn't he have a mother whose basement he can live in?

by Anonymousreply 175June 10, 2021 3:23 AM

Megyn Kelly is skinny, there’s no food in her house.

That tub of guts isn’t going to couch surf in a house without a pantry full of Doritos and Oreos.

by Anonymousreply 176June 10, 2021 3:24 AM

Remini is such a bitch, I remember watching her reality show years ago and felt sorry for her husband

by Anonymousreply 177June 10, 2021 3:29 AM

^ Yep, that poor fat UPS guy she's married to really puts up with a lot of shit

by Anonymousreply 178June 10, 2021 3:33 AM

I didn't read the article yet. I want to know what happened to all that money he raised for the restaurant workers last year? Hundreds of thousands was raised.

by Anonymousreply 179June 10, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote]What do people have to gain by keeping Amy Siskind's story to themselves and not sharing it? It must be juicy!

I, too, suspect the silencing of Amy Siskind's story about her experience with Yashar Ali is part of a vast conspiracy to protect Ali...

Let Amy tell her truth!!!

by Anonymousreply 180June 10, 2021 3:36 AM

I suspect he's hiding some chins in that photo....

I mean, does he really have to dress for a blizzard in LA?

by Anonymousreply 181June 10, 2021 3:38 AM

Kathy cranked the AC.

by Anonymousreply 182June 10, 2021 3:40 AM

I know Amy Siskind and she would not lie! Wait until Hillary tells about the 7 months Yashar spent living with her and Humus! A lot of good times belly dancing and watching TCM, but Yashar ate her out of house and Huma. She had to ask him to leave and take his dirty laundry with him. Yashar does insist on 40 fresh clean white towels. But does he launder them? The answer is NO.

by Anonymousreply 183June 10, 2021 3:41 AM

You know a grifter of this magnitude is not out of tricks yet...

How will he spin this to his supporters?

Who will he next accuse of raping him?

(I swear I was thin until the pandemic started, a real Muscle Mary!)

by Anonymousreply 184June 10, 2021 3:43 AM

He’s going to do something passive aggressive and fucked up to Kathy Griffin

by Anonymousreply 185June 10, 2021 3:45 AM

Maybe he'll go full QAnon and join forces with Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz

"Nestor is such a delightful, well-behaved child!"

by Anonymousreply 186June 10, 2021 3:47 AM

[quote] I want to know what happened to all that money he raised for the restaurant workers last year? Hundreds of thousands was raised.

He converted the cash to Oreos. Pictured: Yashar's closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 10, 2021 3:49 AM

I predict he'll come out as trans

and become Caitlin's campaign director

by Anonymousreply 188June 10, 2021 3:49 AM

He's like an overweight Kato Kaelin for the 2020s.

by Anonymousreply 189June 10, 2021 3:51 AM

Didn't he and the other DL-fave, Roxane Gay, have a falling out recently?

She is now pronouncing this article "quite a journey". And she has no time for anyone defending Ali in the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 10, 2021 3:54 AM

"Who will he next accuse of raping him? "

Turns out the elephants that Yashar loves is actually a case of Stockholm Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 191June 10, 2021 4:04 AM

All these hours later and I'm still laughing over Jake Tapper's gushfest. Look out for the falling purses!

by Anonymousreply 192June 10, 2021 4:28 AM

[quote]Like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun

More like Yickarus, R86.

by Anonymousreply 193June 10, 2021 4:29 AM

Perez Hilton : blogs = Yashar Ali : Twitter

by Anonymousreply 194June 10, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote]I am gonna call the story for what it is, a blatantly homophobic hit piece. It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

The problem with your auto-outrage, R166, is that Los Angeles mag is edited by a gay man.

But I'm sure your knee-jerk reaction without considering evidence will find a very receptive audience on Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 195June 10, 2021 4:34 AM

I’m sure he’s currently in a group chat with Rose McGowan, Demi Lovato and Sinead O’Connor on how to drag up something from his past which excuses the erratic behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 196June 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Reading the article OP linked, one wonders if it's him posting about himself on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 197June 10, 2021 5:46 AM

My eyebrows were raised in surprise for the entire article!

Honestly though I'm just glad to know why he's been pulling the fake suicide stuff on Twitter, I couldn't figure out what his grift was but now it all makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 198June 10, 2021 5:53 AM

Not surprising, R32, Jake Tapper is the one who defended Andy Ngo after clearly having no idea about Ngo's history of lies and scams and propaganda. I saw someone in a Twitter thread say Jake Tapper was the human embodiment of a golden retriever, no memory or concept of object permanence, just vibes. Seemed apt.

by Anonymousreply 199June 10, 2021 5:57 AM

The most interesting part about the Amy Siskind thread linked at r89 is that people suspected he was running Kathy's social media for a while. I'm having trouble finding the tweets Amy mentioned where Kathy was vicious to her and now I wonder if Kathy deleted them after finding out what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 200June 10, 2021 6:05 AM

My biggest eyebrow-raiser: He "skipped college" and moved to LA after high school.

The moral watchdog of Twitter has no more education than your average cashier at McDonald's.

Maybe if he'd taken Journalism 101 or a freshman-level Humanities course, with a broad overview of philosophy and ethics, it might have helped qualify him for ... something remotely akin to what he's been doing and everyone's been lapping up?

by Anonymousreply 201June 10, 2021 6:52 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Today was a good day for Yashar! Psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 10, 2021 6:56 AM

R202 They lady doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 203June 10, 2021 6:58 AM

R200, all of these are from one day (08/15/18)! Each one is a single tweet, but some had paragraph breaks after each sentence. I removed them for clarity’s sake.

[quote] @Amy_Siskind's resistance only includes white women like her. Black women/POC who question her are told they are smearing her. What bullshit. Her list doesn't include investigative reporting, she's aggregating...I have no time for thin skinned hypocrites who act like Trump.

[quote]Definition of smear for @Amy_Siskind: "Damage the reputation of (someone) by false accusations; slander." Bringing up your past statements is not smearing you, it's holding you accountable. Stop rallying your white friends to protect you against Democratic women of color.

[quote]You attacked black women who dared to question you about your past. You said they were smearing you when they were asking you relevant Qs You blocked people who defended them. You regularly block people who ask you simple questions. You don't seem like any ally to me.

[quote]2. And all the white women who say things like "i hate this infighting, we're on the same side!" BS - we don't want assholes and phonies on our side.

[quote]You know what's BS? Resistors who flip out anytime two people argue on Twitter about something or call people out. They always say "no infighting!" Republicans aren't gonna keep the House because some dumb white lady like @Amy_Siskind is finally getting called out on her bullshit

[quote]White feminism is one of the most elitist institutions in our country and has left too many women behind.

[quote]It's not a smear if it's the truth...sorry if the truth is inconvenient for you. You are thin skinned bully. Shame on you. [quote]To hell they owe you an apology @Amy_Siskind - you owe them an apology and even if they accept it people should unfollow you because you're a phony.

[quote]This is how thin skinned Amy Siskind is...can you imagine being this way? Don't worry Sam, she's not worth your time....

[quote]uh - you should learn about her. search her name in twitter. you'll see all tea.

by Anonymousreply 204June 10, 2021 7:13 AM

Also, interspersed throughout the rant are plugs for her website, text list, and social-media accounts. Hmmm.

(URLs modified so they don't get Murieled)

[quote]Are you following me on Instagram??? You should!

[quote]Do me a huge favor...please join my text list! I only text when there's something super important or when I have a show in your city! Text KATHY to 345345 Thank you!

[quote]What city? Keep checking KathyGriffin .com. Live Nation always releases tickets at the last minute. They do some expensive ones and they do some affordable ones.

[quote]Keep checking KathyGriffin .com or even call the box office. Live Nation often releases affordable tickets closer to the show. Hope you can make it!

by Anonymousreply 205June 10, 2021 7:31 AM

R199 wrong. Whatever you think of Andy ngo, he actually does the work. Ali is a grifter. There IS a difference, and I value good work ethic more than agreeing with me all the time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 206June 10, 2021 7:33 AM

I don’t know who is Amy person is, but she seems like a pile on opportunist and she should explore other formats if she going to put out a press release instead of stringing it amongst multiple tweets.

by Anonymousreply 207June 10, 2021 8:09 AM

God Kathy Griffin sounds unhinged. It that the sort of influence Yasher has? It’s venomous.

by Anonymousreply 208June 10, 2021 8:49 AM

Wow r204, I only found one of those when I did a search. All those other tweets asking people to follow her make it sound like it's not her tweeting, which is curious.

by Anonymousreply 209June 10, 2021 9:22 AM

Save it, R206. Andy Ngo fakes things to make it look like he's been attacked with "concrete milkshakes" and such when there's no proof, and often there's other video taken at the same time his video was which shows a completely different story. More than once last summer he would show a video of someone being "victimized by Antifa" where another video showing the whole encounter would reveal that it was actually a Proud Boy or alt-right guy starting something, which Andy had edited out.

This was all proven in 2019 and just keeps getting proven again and again, every time he tries a new stunt. I don't know why the trolls have been using the "I don't have to agree with someone to respect them" bit the last few days but you've all said it so many times on Datalounge alone that no one is really even listening to you anymore. You're all terrible at this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Everyone who is "big on Twitter" is a toxic monster. You can't thrive on that platform unless you are a total piece of shit to start with.

by Anonymousreply 211June 10, 2021 9:45 AM

Instead of borrowing money, maybe he needs to borrow a treadmill.

by Anonymousreply 212June 10, 2021 10:26 AM

I dont think it's a coincidence all this happens a few months after his Sharon Osborne hit piece came out. His article helped get her fired. That's one cunt you should never cross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 10, 2021 11:08 AM

Sweety @ R212, if he looses weight he’s going to go through a whole Squidward phase with drapey skin and a hard bitch face. He let that lard go for too long.

by Anonymousreply 214June 10, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote] looses

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 215June 10, 2021 11:19 AM

This isn't really Sharon Osbourne's M.O. She's the type to go up to people and scream racist stuff at them and call the cops on them for no reason, or send them poop in the mail. She isn't known for this quiet behind the scenes kind of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 216June 10, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote]This isn't really Sharon Osbourne's M.O. She's the type to go up to people and scream racist stuff at them and call the cops on them for no reason, or send them poop in the mail. She isn't known for this quiet behind the scenes kind of revenge.

You're never too old to learn.

by Anonymousreply 217June 10, 2021 11:27 AM

The media is so corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 218June 10, 2021 11:31 AM

Except Yashar isn't "the media," R218.

He's what is now accepted as the media—people on Twitter who have no training or experience in journalism and are just bloviating about gossip or whatever.

It started with Gawker and continues with him, and when he disappears, some other nitwits with no fundamentals in reporting or ethics will pop up. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of journalists have been put out of work.

And it didn't work out too great for Yashar, either, considering he never seemed to be able to afford rent on a place of his own.

by Anonymousreply 219June 10, 2021 11:37 AM

Yashar has a bunch of benefactors.

by Anonymousreply 220June 10, 2021 11:43 AM

Who dis and why should we care?

by Anonymousreply 221June 10, 2021 11:46 AM

He’s Olmec Head 1.2, R221, but he can’t afford a condo for his mother to clean.

by Anonymousreply 222June 10, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] T51, Kathy Griffin seems chill? She has a victim complex and thinks everyone is out to get her. Shes the type that’s turn on anyone on a dime. She’s as mentally Ill as Rosie and Ellen.

Uh, really Refucklican R54? Because people HAVE publicly turned on her, including basically the nation, the sitting nutbag President, the fucking Secret Service and her supposedly close friend who publicly betrayed her, that little cunt Anderson Cooper, who’s heading for his own comeuppance.

So spare me your bullshit, Nazi. She has every reason to be paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 223June 10, 2021 12:37 PM

Ali is clearly a disaster, but Amy Siskind is a stealth Republican and can fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 224June 10, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote]Except Yashar isn't "the media," [R218].

That comment wasn't directed at Yasher. Jake Tapper, Jeff Zucker, Maggie Haberman most definitely are "the media."

by Anonymousreply 225June 10, 2021 12:48 PM

Why is he so broke? Can't he monetize all his easy breaks and connections? He's pretty bad at "grifting," it seems.

by Anonymousreply 226June 10, 2021 12:50 PM

@r223, Hi Kathy, what's cookin' cray cray?

by Anonymousreply 227June 10, 2021 12:54 PM

He should dress up as Buddha and make money in Times Square getting people to run his belly for luck.

by Anonymousreply 228June 10, 2021 12:54 PM

Wonder who is paying for the private investigator that's following him. There might be a second article on the way.

by Anonymousreply 229June 10, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote] It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

And every one of these things is 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 230June 10, 2021 12:55 PM

The description of what happened with Kathy makes me think he goes all in with big plans every time he hooks another one, then loses motivation and confidence and the whole thing fizzles out.

by Anonymousreply 231June 10, 2021 12:57 PM

R223, She was paranoid and thin skinned long before the Trump beheading picture happened. She goes through friends and workers like Kleenex. She’s toxic.

In what way did Anderson Cooper turn on her! You think a reputable journalist should publicly support his friend holding up an image implying the beheading of the president?

by Anonymousreply 232June 10, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote] Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of journalists have been put out of work.

Your hyperbole notwithstanding, there aren’t a hundred thousand journalists in the country.

by Anonymousreply 233June 10, 2021 1:01 PM

Try again Nazi R227.

by Anonymousreply 234June 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Kathy publicly defended Amy Llobuchar’s mistreatment of staff.

“ You know what? That whole thing is such Hillary Clinton-level bullshit. Big deal, she threw a binder at someone. I’d fire an assistant who brought me salad without utensils as well. Maybe that assistant would be happier working for Mark Meadows. Amy Klobuchar never pulled out her vagina in front of a worker or a subordinate, I can guarantee you that. Yashar Ali even started this nonsense campaign and got taken to the woodshed for it. "

by Anonymousreply 235June 10, 2021 1:09 PM

I guarantee that once he is fully canceled, as he will be, he will take a hard right turn and will become an ex gay and start to appear frequently on Newsmax and Faux News. I give it thirty days.

by Anonymousreply 236June 10, 2021 1:10 PM

"Try again Nazi [R227]. "

Kathy, I love ya baby so don't get me wrong, but you're nuts

by Anonymousreply 237June 10, 2021 1:12 PM

Time for your nap R237.

by Anonymousreply 238June 10, 2021 1:32 PM

Well if he decides to go trans as a distraction from this mess then that'll be the easiest top surgery ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 10, 2021 1:34 PM

R159 OK, now we know why Yashar Ali broke his own rule and agreed to meet with that journalist.

by Anonymousreply 240June 10, 2021 2:28 PM

A lot of people put on weight during the pandemic, but Yashar appears to be the only one who saw his skin lighten ten shades.

by Anonymousreply 241June 10, 2021 2:29 PM

I’m too lazy to check Twitter, has he gone silent except for telling us how depressed he still it?

by Anonymousreply 242June 10, 2021 2:34 PM

Yeah most of us gained the Covid 19. He looks like he gained the Covid 119.

by Anonymousreply 243June 10, 2021 2:36 PM

Plus, in addition to all this, he is the musical SLUT of all TIME!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 10, 2021 3:01 PM

I wonder if all the "I want to DIE!" tweets were not just an attempt to manipulate his followers for sympathy but, more important, a strategy to make the magazine pull the story out of fear that it would drive him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 245June 10, 2021 3:01 PM

Was he living in an igloo when he took his avatar pic?

by Anonymousreply 246June 10, 2021 3:16 PM

The clips of him on YouTube are from well before the pandemic...this was posted in 2017. I wonder if he still texts with white supremacists all the time. He's everybody's darling, that Yashar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 10, 2021 3:17 PM

I'll say it again: the media is so corrupt. They prop grifters like Ali up for clicks and ratings, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 248June 10, 2021 3:20 PM

Reminds me a bit of the rise and fall of Michael Avenatti, although that obviously happened in a much shorter length of time. The media was all over him until he was exposed as a con.

Can't wait to see what the private investigator finds out about Mr. Ali.

by Anonymousreply 249June 10, 2021 3:30 PM

R245 I think the suicide talk is almost certainly a manipulation to get it pulled. My guess is he was trying to build sympathy specifically in high-profile journalism circles which he apparently schmoozed his way into, hoping one of them would say oh, the poor thing and get it nixed behind the scenes. I'm sure he was dreading it, but he were struggling that badly I think he'd be offline, away from the backlash instead of trying to interfere.

by Anonymousreply 250June 10, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote] I wonder if all the "I want to DIE!" tweets were not just an attempt to manipulate his followers for sympathy but, more important, a strategy to make the magazine pull the story out of fear that it would drive him over the edge.

You are one smart cookie, R245. Nothing gets by you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 10, 2021 3:44 PM

Someone report him to IRS. I want to know if he reported all his "gifts".

by Anonymousreply 252June 10, 2021 3:45 PM

Ali will have the last laugh on all of you when he kills himself.

HA HA HA I'LL SAY!

by Anonymousreply 253June 10, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] This isn't really Sharon Osbourne's M.O. She's the type to go up to people and scream racist stuff at them and call the cops on them for no reason, or send them poop in the mail. She isn't known for this quiet behind the scenes kind of revenge.

True. Sharon would have simply thrown a frozen ham over his fence.

by Anonymousreply 254June 10, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote] I wonder if all the "I want to DIE!" tweets were not just an attempt to manipulate his followers for sympathy but, more important, a strategy to make the magazine pull the story out of fear that it would drive him over the edge.

I don’t wonder that at all. He’s as transparent as glass.

by Anonymousreply 255June 10, 2021 4:00 PM

"Time for your nap [R237]. "

Why so salty? I mean, your career was headed south anyway when you torpedoed it, you just pushed it along a bit

by Anonymousreply 256June 10, 2021 4:04 PM

[quote] Reminds me a bit of the rise and fall of Michael Avenatti, although that obviously happened in a much shorter length of time. The media was all over him until he was exposed as a con.

But Michael Avenatti is hot as balls. He was treated unfairly, and should be released immediately and all charges dropped by reason of his hotness. Not. Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 257June 10, 2021 4:06 PM

R255 He’s as transparent as freshly fried grease.

by Anonymousreply 258June 10, 2021 4:12 PM

I bet he secretly doesn't even like elephants.

by Anonymousreply 259June 10, 2021 4:22 PM

I bet Yasher is secretly a poacher.

by Anonymousreply 260June 10, 2021 4:25 PM

Release The Siskind Cut!

by Anonymousreply 261June 10, 2021 4:37 PM

As Yashar tries to ignore the article his followers are starting to comment, see the replies to this tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 10, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote]I am gonna call the story for what it is, a blatantly homophobic hit piece. It accuses Yashar of everything a gay man is stereotyped for. Vindictive, bitchy, less qualified, obsessed with celebs and pop culture, yada yada. It's disgusting.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

by Anonymousreply 263June 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Ali fondles pieces of ivory in his sleep unregrettably.

by Anonymousreply 264June 10, 2021 5:25 PM

WOW. I just read the responses to his tweet.

I thought will his cult-like following most would be "Great to hear you are feeling better!"

Buy almost all of them were "Of course, you are feeling better now. The article is out so you don't have to pretend to be suicidal."

Someone responded: "I have a tool shed you can live in for 8 months. It gets hot in the summer though."

by Anonymousreply 265June 10, 2021 5:30 PM

Chiiiile…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 10, 2021 5:33 PM

Yeah the comments are gold. I think we can consider Mr. Ali rightly cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 267June 10, 2021 5:39 PM

I BEF OF YOU

SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTOSHOP YASHAR INTO THIS SCENE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 10, 2021 5:40 PM

R210, So now Antifa are the good guys? All those livestreams I have watched in real time are lies? Fuck Antifa. I have no qualms about taking them out myself.

by Anonymousreply 269June 10, 2021 5:51 PM

I want to know what happened to the hundreds of thousands he raised for restaurant workers?!?

by Anonymousreply 270June 10, 2021 5:54 PM

R268 "Ali, call home"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 10, 2021 5:56 PM

R269 is Piers Morgan masquerading as Candace Owens.

by Anonymousreply 272June 10, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]Fuck Antifa. I have no qualms about taking them out myself.

Hi, Marky Mark!

"Antifa" is living rent-free in your head.

by Anonymousreply 273June 10, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]I want to know what happened to the hundreds of thousands he raised for restaurant workers?!?

So do we.

by Anonymousreply 274June 10, 2021 5:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 10, 2021 6:00 PM

A social justice grifter, who would have thought!

by Anonymousreply 276June 10, 2021 6:17 PM

Jesus Christ, the "Antifa! Antifa!!!!" loons are out in full force of course.

by Anonymousreply 277June 10, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]So now Antifa are the good guys?

This is fucking hilarious.

Do you even know what "Antifa" means? Hint: their enemies most definitely are not the good guys! Get a fucking clue!

by Anonymousreply 278June 10, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote] So now Antifa are the good guys?

Um, yes? I'd consider those opposed to fascism the "good" side.

by Anonymousreply 279June 10, 2021 6:23 PM

The middle is the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 280June 10, 2021 6:30 PM

"I just saw an Antifa!! Call the police!!"

by Anonymousreply 281June 10, 2021 6:31 PM

Welcome to Datalounge, Nancy Mace/R281.

by Anonymousreply 282June 10, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] I think we can consider Mr. Ali rightfully cancelled.

The once-powerful "canceller" is now waking up (I see now why he didn't want to 😁) to find himself cancelled. Rod Serling couldn't have written a better story.

Oh, wait, he did.

by Anonymousreply 283June 10, 2021 6:37 PM

“Fuck Antifa… hm. That sounds very familiar.

Anyway, I’m more concerned about the “Proud Boys” and others of their ilk, i.e., most of the Republican Party, who participated in a terrorist attack against our Capitol, democracy, government officials, and government as a whole to a degree that not only caused the whole world to take notice and stop for a few days, but deaths, injuries, and damages to government property, too. All of this because an infantile, abusive, narcissistic, frotteuristic, intellectually and emotionally retarded reality “star,” who also orchestrated and incited said attack, was adamant that the presidency was “stolen” from him.

by Anonymousreply 284June 10, 2021 6:40 PM

smells like borderline personality disorder

by Anonymousreply 285June 10, 2021 6:55 PM

r210 - I followed it at the time, the people who make up "Antifa" are mainly white and well off, they like to larp as Communists overthrowing the established order - they were filling milkshake containers with liquid concrete, they thought it was funny - and they knew it wouldn't be picked up by the legacy media, they knew they'd be covered for, the proof is in your post.

by Anonymousreply 286June 10, 2021 6:58 PM

STFU about Antifa, you tedious idiot.

by Anonymousreply 287June 10, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] the people who make up "Antifa" are mainly white and well off, they like to larp as Communists overthrowing the established order

This is laughably untrue. Some of us ARE antifa, moron.

Please keep posting, you're fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 288June 10, 2021 7:10 PM

Concrete milkshakes?? That's a direct right-wing fallacy. You give yourself away as a rabid caonservative with every post.

Laughable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289June 10, 2021 7:13 PM

Yashar is like one of those miserable ratatouille fat gossiping bitches that will run her mouth under the disguise of "Helping", when she really did it just to start shit out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 290June 10, 2021 7:14 PM

Any gay man who goes to church three times a week just ain't right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 291June 10, 2021 7:19 PM

r287, one post, I made one post. No one wants to make a sense of the mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 10, 2021 7:22 PM

how old is this cunt? He should be posting on DL's can't afford to retire thread...

He has no income?

by Anonymousreply 293June 10, 2021 7:24 PM

R292 STFU. Get thee hence.

by Anonymousreply 294June 10, 2021 7:28 PM

"Welp, back to Incognito mode."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 10, 2021 7:28 PM

I just realized that Yashar's gray 49ers cap in his Twitter profile pic is actually black.

It just turned gray when he lightened his skin with Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 296June 10, 2021 7:29 PM

r294, aren't their hats cute?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 10, 2021 7:30 PM

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

by Anonymousreply 298June 10, 2021 8:07 PM

Peter Kiefer, author of this article exposing Yashar Ali

Peter is so hot...I'd like to thank him personally for his "work"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 10, 2021 8:12 PM

hahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 10, 2021 8:17 PM

^ G*ddamit, Kathleen! I was just about to post that.

by Anonymousreply 301June 10, 2021 8:26 PM

^ "Fuck. Maggie. It's Maggie. Fucking cheap Sharttonay."

by Anonymousreply 302June 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Interesting article from 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Has Jake Tapper or Maggie Haberman commented since the article came out?

by Anonymousreply 304June 10, 2021 9:21 PM

I don't know him.

by Anonymousreply 305June 10, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] You think a reputable journalist should publicly support his friend holding up an image implying the beheading of the president?

People seem to forget that even before Trump, implied violence against a President was taboo. If a comedian had done that with the head of any other president it would have been just as shocking and would have had the same grave consequences for the "artist." Just because Trump is odious doesn't mean that taboo should have been relaxed. I found it surprising that people acted as if she was unfairly treated in the aftermath of doing that.

by Anonymousreply 306June 10, 2021 9:31 PM

It was poor taste R306, but didn't warrant what Kathy went through in the aftermath. BTW, no one dumped Tyler Shields and he is the one that came up with it and was the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 307June 10, 2021 9:34 PM

*dumped on

by Anonymousreply 308June 10, 2021 9:35 PM

Diseased Trump-Apologist at R306. FF.

by Anonymousreply 309June 10, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote] the comments are gold. I think we can consider Mr. Ali rightly cancelled.

I’d say so. How many can he block? Not enough!

Every time I come back to this thread, I stop to stare at that profile pic. How long can he keep up that charade when it isn’t fooling anyone?

by Anonymousreply 310June 10, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote] BTW, no one dumped Tyler Shields and he is the one that came up with it and was the photographer.

No one knows who Tyler Shields is. Or at least he doesn't have high profile tv jobs to lose.

by Anonymousreply 311June 10, 2021 9:52 PM

He is a high profile photographer R311. Celebrities continued to work with him and dissed Kathy. There definitely was a double standard.

by Anonymousreply 312June 10, 2021 9:58 PM

R312 Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 313June 10, 2021 10:10 PM

OK, Los Angeles magazine, now do Charlotte Clymer.

by Anonymousreply 314June 10, 2021 10:40 PM

^^ And Shaun King, pretty-please!

by Anonymousreply 315June 10, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote]I think we can consider Mr. Ali rightly cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 10, 2021 11:16 PM

R315, see article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 10, 2021 11:57 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted one another R319 and had a long talk.

by Anonymousreply 320June 10, 2021 11:59 PM

Today, Kathy Griffin retweeted a prominent Twitter who slammed Yashar yesterday as a traitorous, lying "friend."

I took that as Griffin's way of taking sides without coming out and saying so.

I bet she is still afraid of that vindictive little grifter.

by Anonymousreply 321June 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Kathy didn’t go through anything as a result of the Trump debacle. A few celebs slammed her on twitter? A few clubs cancelled her tour dates. That’s notjhing. The rest is all in her crazy head.

She did a whole apology tour which sold out and was welcomed back with open arms 5 months after the picture and yashar was a big reason why.

by Anonymousreply 322June 11, 2021 12:09 AM

Sorry, wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 323June 11, 2021 12:09 AM

Did Yashart ghostwrite that tweet for Kathy at R317? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 324June 11, 2021 12:13 AM

Kathy is close with Joy Reid and Joan Walsh who defended Joy Reid’s homophobic blog posts. Just like an old white feminist to make a fortune off gays but then befriend homophobic harpies.

by Anonymousreply 325June 11, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]Kathy didn’t go through anything as a result of the Trump debacle. A few celebs slammed her on twitter? A few clubs cancelled her tour dates. That’s nothing.

That is bullshit. She was banned from television for at least a year. And her entire tour, which would have made millions was canceled.

You may think she deserved it, but you are an idiot to say she didn't pay a price.

by Anonymousreply 326June 11, 2021 12:38 AM

R326, She want on tv in the first place. That scandal actually got her back on tv. Kathy is always b it hung about being banned and she never is.

She went on a tour that was more lucrative a year later because of the Trump situation.

by Anonymousreply 327June 11, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote]This is just bizarre. Tapper has never met him and yet describes his a wonderful presence in his life? Are these people that easily taken in by social media flattery, or is he blackmailing them?

Jake Tapper is as thick as pig shit

by Anonymousreply 328June 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Well it's Show Biz friendship r328. Complete bullshit and complete nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 329June 11, 2021 1:01 AM

Steve Schmidt weighs in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330June 11, 2021 1:14 AM

I love Jake.

by Anonymousreply 331June 11, 2021 1:31 AM

Steve Schmidt, of the grifting Lincoln Project? How much did he or LP share with journalists about their finances? How they were using donations? How transparent were they about their sexual predator? Schmidt isn't wrong about Ali, though those series of tweets seem to be contradictory. The Jake Tapper part along journalistic integrity and real friendships. Not sure Tapper is who we want to lead the charge. Schmidt isn't wrong but he has his own grifting issues.

by Anonymousreply 332June 11, 2021 1:33 AM

^ Fuck off, Defucktard.

by Anonymousreply 333June 11, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote] So now Antifa are the good guys? All those livestreams I have watched in real time are lies? Fuck Antifa. I have no qualms about taking them out myself.

[quote] —Cuntess-Chocula

Defarto and all his jacked up talk over something that doesn't exist.

Want to know what does exist? Defarto's sockpuppet account: Cuntess-Chocula. He just outted himself.

Muriel, he's in here.

by Anonymousreply 334June 11, 2021 2:14 AM

R334 oh hell no

by Anonymousreply 335June 11, 2021 2:48 AM

Yashar had a running back and forth with Andy Lassner, producer of The Ellen Show. Lots of kibitzing as if they were in a relationship, tongue in cheek complaining that Andy never does things for him, Lassner is married. Around the time of Ellen's troubles and subsequent cancelling, that went dead. I looked at his page and can't find any tweets to Yashar, maybe he has scrubbed them. Lassner is another sharer of his anxiety and depression issues on twitter.

I wonder if Lassner is now the new landlord for Yashar, or perhaps he got wise and dropped him before this mess. Does anyone know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 11, 2021 2:50 AM

R336 that is dumbest post that has ever been posted anywhere on the internet. The dumbest. DUMBEST.

by Anonymousreply 337June 11, 2021 2:53 AM

And I don't mean Andy Lassner's tweet. I mean YOUR post.

by Anonymousreply 338June 11, 2021 2:55 AM

You really gave me a good laugh R338. Glad I could provide you with a needed target. Just trying to get this derailed thread off Antifa and bitch fighting.

by Anonymousreply 339June 11, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote] You really gave me a good laugh [R338]. Glad I could provide you with a needed target. Just trying to get this derailed thread off Antifa and bitch fighting.

Fail. Liar.

by Anonymousreply 340June 11, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote] Steve Schmidt, of the grifting Lincoln Project?

Steve Schmidt is far less annoying and far more insightful than Rick Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 341June 11, 2021 3:09 AM

[quote] OK, Los Angeles magazine, now do Charlotte Clymer.

If only. But he’s untouchable (you know why).

by Anonymousreply 342June 11, 2021 3:17 AM

That’s Charlotte Anora Elizabeth Clymer to you, R342.

And each name was calligraphed many many times.

by Anonymousreply 343June 11, 2021 7:50 AM

Ooh, look at the internet badass at r269 saying they're going to murder Antifa themselves!

Real talk, though: I'm tired of the little brats on Datalounge who have been throwing out death threats left and right, over the tiniest, pettiest little things. I get it, you're in your mid 50s and you miss USENET, but you're boring the rest of us to tears. Take your love of tiny tot dictator wannabes and Mr. Tough Stuff act over to Twitter where there's at least an audience for it.

by Anonymousreply 344June 11, 2021 7:55 AM

[quote]Take your love of tiny tot dictator wannabes and Mr. Tough Stuff act over to Twitter where there's at least an audience for it.

The problem is that Twitter banned these AWT Nazis, so they've somehow found their way to the DL. My guess is that one of the long-time (okay, OLD) DL Nazi queens was banned from here as well and was so disgruntled and vindictive that she rounded up other Nazis on Stormfront or the Daily Fail comments section and invited them over here. These far-rt assholes are like mold; you can try to scrub them off, but they keep coming back (eg: Defucktard, Countess Chocula, the Qunts who post on the endless H&M and AH threads). That is until Muriel finally decides to napalm the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 345June 11, 2021 8:24 AM

Google searches of Yashar show this article right up front and center! Whoa.

by Anonymousreply 346June 11, 2021 9:58 AM

We know how google works, hun.

by Anonymousreply 347June 11, 2021 11:04 AM

I love how bent out of shape she twitter got at someone *gasp* not heaping adoration and praise on Meghan Markle.

Justice for Sharon! Sheryl underwoods karma is coming next!

by Anonymousreply 348June 11, 2021 11:10 AM

I was feeling sorry for the guy, but then read the article and saw how he abused his power. What a prick.

I hate our take-down culture -- that it's so easy to destroy someone's reputation via social media. All sense of perspective is lost--Kathy Griffin's career was torched because of a stupid photo.

by Anonymousreply 349June 11, 2021 11:51 AM

R349, Correction: Kathy Griffin’s career got a huge short lived boost after the Trump picture. Very few people had even thought of her in years and then months later she has a sold out tour.

by Anonymousreply 350June 11, 2021 11:57 AM

Bullshit R350.

by Anonymousreply 351June 11, 2021 1:06 PM

R351, It’s the truth. Kathy is nuts and had no career to speak of for years until that trump picture.

It was funny how she shit all over fashion police over the patchouli and weed comment. It was actually Kathy who made that comment and then let Guiana take the fall for it. She’s phony and toxic af.

by Anonymousreply 352June 11, 2021 1:18 PM

It is not the truth R352. If she had no career how come all this venues were cancelling her gigs? Your delusions are toxic R352.

by Anonymousreply 353June 11, 2021 1:24 PM

Kathy didn't go back on tour for nearly a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 11, 2021 1:27 PM

R354, Yes exactly. She went on a more lucrative tour then she would have if she hadn’t held up that bloodied Trump mask.

If you want to talk about a career that’s been torched, look at Roseanne. She hasn’t gone on tour in 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 355June 11, 2021 1:31 PM

Once again bullshit R355. You can't compare Roseanne to what Kathy went through. You really are an idiot R355.

by Anonymousreply 356June 11, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]Kathy is nuts and had no career to speak of for years until that trump picture.

Yes, which is why she had just bought a multi-million dollar mansion in a very expensive neighborhood.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 357June 11, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote] It was funny how she shit all over fashion police over the patchouli and weed comment. It was actually Kathy who made that comment and then let Guiana take the fall for it.

Actually, it was Giuliana, and she said it on all three takes of that segment despite being warned by Kelly not to say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 11, 2021 2:34 PM

R348 Sharon Osbourne is not some innocent helpless victim and never has been. Sharon Osbourne has been a problematic individual in the entertainment industry for decades. Don't think she doesn't have enemies in LA, she does which is why the shit hit the fucking fan for her.

There's absolutely nothing innocent about sharon Osbourne, so you can stop with the " justice for sharon" bullshit! Sharon is not a fuckin victim.

Sheryl Underwood did nothing wrong. She asked sharon a question and sharon lost her shit and acted a damn fool on live network television dropping F bombs left and right. If you react that way on daytime television on a show where you're job is discussing cultural issues among many other things, and you respond by having a fool on meltdown? Then you are clearly guilty of something.

Not only that, but CBS really had no other choice but to let sharon go. Her behavior towards her black co-worker on live broadcast television on a major network in 2021 is not something that could just be overlooked. Especially with people pointing out if that had been a black person acting that way in a professional work environment, which is what she was in. Than they would've been fired immediately. Black people are not given the same grace to act a fool in the work environment and still get to keep their job. And " The View" is a different story, that show has been dysfunctional from day one, it's apart of that shows charm and brand. But " The Talk" can't say the same.

Sharon should have known better, she should've handled herself better, but she didn't and thus had to be let go for her outburst as well as past ill behavior etc. Sheryl did nothing wrong, she asked a question and sharon flew off the damn handles. She's out of a job because of her own behavior and because she thought whiteness would protect her.

Not anymore, that type of behavior is not acceptable any longer. Especially not in 2021 and moving forward. This country is becoming increasingly more diverse and as it does, less people will have an appetite to stomach that type of bullshit from an English white woman like sharon or any white person for that matter.

Behave in the work place or end up without a J.O.B.

by Anonymousreply 359June 11, 2021 3:52 PM

Yashar may be a grifter, but I am grateful for any part he played in taking Sharron Osbourne down before he got canceled.

Can't stand that harpy.

by Anonymousreply 360June 11, 2021 4:10 PM

so who's next to be canceled?

by Anonymousreply 361June 11, 2021 4:15 PM

I can’t believe how fat he really is.

by Anonymousreply 362June 11, 2021 4:23 PM

The videos of him are a few years old so I wonder if he's got even fatter since.

by Anonymousreply 363June 11, 2021 4:27 PM

I'm sure he's at least 10 pounds heavier since this article came out!

by Anonymousreply 364June 11, 2021 4:31 PM

He is still losing followers, but it is a slow bleed.

by Anonymousreply 365June 11, 2021 4:45 PM

Yashar's voice..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 11, 2021 4:46 PM

He doesn't sound like that in the shows he was on in the past R366

by Anonymousreply 367June 11, 2021 4:49 PM

You're right r365, I went out to SocialBlade and he lost 2000 yesterday, already 3500 today. Wonder how many of his followers are old dead accounts, or people who muted him and forgot about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 11, 2021 4:52 PM

Does muting someone also cause their account to unfollow someone R368?

by Anonymousreply 369June 11, 2021 5:08 PM

Amy Siskind just called Yashar out for using a celebrity Twitter account without their knowledge.

That has to be reference to Kathy Griffin, who retweeted her yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 11, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote] Amy Siskind just called Yashar out for using a celebrity Twitter account without their knowledge.

I'm glad Amy Siskind has finally chimed in. I've been waiting every since this story broke to hear at least SOMETHING from her!

by Anonymousreply 371June 11, 2021 5:19 PM

She "chimed in" two days ago R371.

by Anonymousreply 372June 11, 2021 5:22 PM

R273, Nope asshole. Someone who isn't buying what you are selling. Eat a bag of dicks and choke!

by Anonymousreply 373June 11, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] She "chimed in" two days ago [R371].

Whooooooosh!

by Anonymousreply 374June 11, 2021 5:24 PM

What a weird story. He was so annoying I had to mute him back in the short time I used Twitter.

Twitter is trash.

by Anonymousreply 375June 11, 2021 5:29 PM

No, r369, at least I don't think so. I was idly wondering if there were people who forgot they followed him because they muted him. I guess I was wondering why there weren't more unfollowers.

by Anonymousreply 376June 11, 2021 5:34 PM

I didn't follow him R375, but would occasionally read his twitter comments. He was exhausting .

by Anonymousreply 377June 11, 2021 5:35 PM

I was expecting to see quite a lot of people unfollow him so like you I am amazed he is just slowing losing followers and not by big number.

by Anonymousreply 378June 11, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote] I was expecting to see quite a lot of people unfollow him so like you I am amazed he is just slowing losing followers and not by big number.

He'll probably gain net followers from this as it's human nature to gawk at train wrecks.

by Anonymousreply 379June 11, 2021 5:37 PM

Forgot to sign I am R369

by Anonymousreply 380June 11, 2021 5:38 PM

As you can see by the link he gained very few followers in the last week. I think most of those were following him because of his suicide tweets. BTW, thanks to R368 for providing this link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 11, 2021 5:40 PM

He claims the profile photo was taken just before Covid. But I see screenshots of his media appearances going back to 2016 and he was, em, not exactly like his Covid photo even then.

by Anonymousreply 382June 11, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] I think most of those were following him because of his suicide tweets. BTW, thanks to [R368] for providing this link.

He had a ton of followers way before his fake suicidal ideation tweets.

by Anonymousreply 383June 11, 2021 6:16 PM

R382, yes, it virtually proves that he is a liar. There are videos of him dating before the pandemic where he looks nothing like his profile picture.

I think chances are high that this guy is a psychopath. Charming, manipulative, parasitical lifestyle, a liar... I really hate people who don't pay their debts so I really don't like this guy.

by Anonymousreply 384June 11, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote] There are videos of him dating before the pandemic where he looks nothing like his profile picture.

Nauseating. I'm going to seek out these videos as an appetite suppressant.

by Anonymousreply 385June 11, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]I was expecting to see quite a lot of people unfollow him so like you I am amazed he is just slowing losing followers and not by big number.

He just spent a week talking about how he wanted to kill himself.

I bet a lot of people are holding back from saying anything or unfollowing just in case that wasn't a lie and they push him.

by Anonymousreply 386June 11, 2021 7:12 PM

Everyone is commenting on the age/weight in the Twitter profile pic.

But I think the fact that he lightened his skin several shades far more provocative.

by Anonymousreply 387June 11, 2021 7:13 PM

R43 Jake just wants to be a popular kid, like everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 388June 11, 2021 7:21 PM

That was not what I was saying R383. I was saying the new followers he gained in the last few days were because of his suicide tweets.

by Anonymousreply 389June 11, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote]Peter Kiefer, author of this article exposing Yashar Ali. Peter is so hot...I'd like to thank him personally for his "work"

At this point, I'd be willing to have sex with Peter Kiefer for writing such an amazing article..

and you know..

by Anonymousreply 390June 11, 2021 7:33 PM

R389 Not everyone on Twitter knows about the article. Very few of his big-name followers tweeted about it.

by Anonymousreply 391June 11, 2021 7:36 PM

If you are on twitter you know about it R391. As for his "big-name followers," do you actually believe they are going to get involved in this mess? They would be screwed whichever side they took. Take the side of the article and people would go after you for caring about someone that is suicidal. Take Yashar's side and people would go after you for ignoring the facts of the article.

by Anonymousreply 392June 11, 2021 7:40 PM

*for not caring

by Anonymousreply 393June 11, 2021 7:46 PM

The Daily Mail caught him deep in contemplation on the beach, flaunting his bikini body!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 11, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote] [R389] Not everyone on Twitter knows about the article. Very few of his big-name followers tweeted about it.

I agree. People act like EVERYONE IN THE WORLD must use social media in the exact same way they do. The majority of followers of any given account are probably not that tuned into Twitter. People set these things up and then forget about them. Yashar is smart to ignore the story. He's too marginal a figure for the takedown to spread far and wide. Too many big name journalists have been duped by him, so it's in the best interest of the media to ignore this story as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 395June 11, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote][R389] Not everyone on Twitter knows about the article. Very few of his big-name followers tweeted about it.

That's because his big-name followers are trying not to draw attention to the fact that they were once his big-name followers (and retweeters).

by Anonymousreply 396June 11, 2021 8:47 PM

R396 They are also a bit afraid of him. He can be very vindictive.

Plus, if he really were to kill himself it would look bad if you had piled on just before.

by Anonymousreply 397June 11, 2021 8:54 PM

what is his occupation? how does he make money? scamming and borrowing?

His parents must be so proud!

by Anonymousreply 398June 11, 2021 9:34 PM

That's the mystery R398. HuffPost is notorious for not paying their writers or paying very little. I don't know about the New York Magazine and how they pay their contributors.

by Anonymousreply 399June 11, 2021 9:37 PM

I love dark fruit..

by Anonymousreply 400June 11, 2021 10:26 PM

I haven't listened to it yet, but the author of the article is on this podcast:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 11, 2021 10:31 PM

R401 Jeffrey Toobin has “returned to CNN”??

by Anonymousreply 402June 11, 2021 10:42 PM

Yashar hasn't tweeted in over 24 hours. So far I haven't seen anyone tweet to him if he is OK.

by Anonymousreply 403June 11, 2021 11:05 PM

R401 Yep. I guess 8 months suspension for masturbating on camera was enough for CNN. This guy bugs me, and not because he can't stop wanking. He's really up his own ass.

by Anonymousreply 404June 11, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote]how does he make money?

I just listened to a podcast with the author of the article.

What I thought was most interesting is that Yashar was refusing to cooperate. Then, the author contacted someone who had given Yashar a lot of money last summer. Yashar had asked people to send him money and he would "distribute" it to people in need. Because of Yashar's history of misappropriation and shakedowns, the author wanted to investigate that since there was no accountability.

Within minutes of the author contacting this person, Yashar was on the phone to the editor of the magazine wanting to know the focus of the story.

Someone was afraid of getting busted for scamming his followers on Twitter.

Other interesting tidbits:

Yashar pleaded with them to delay the piece and when they said they couldn't any longer (because the print issue was coming out) he started his "I'm going to kill myself!" tweeting, which put them in an untenable position. But they decided to call his bluff.

The author says there is A LOT more to this story but someone else is going to have to do it because he was exhausted by having to deal with Yashar.

He said all the people he called were glad he was doing the story as they thought Yashar is the biggest bully ever, but were scared to be listed as sources. This included very famous journalists.

by Anonymousreply 405June 11, 2021 11:21 PM

Wow r405 thanks for that! Was that the podcast posted upthread?

by Anonymousreply 406June 11, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] He said all the people he called were glad he was doing the story as they thought Yashar is the biggest bully ever, but were scared to be listed as sources. This included very famous journalists.

How does this fat fuck exude so much power over people who are probably even more powerful in their own right?

by Anonymousreply 407June 11, 2021 11:25 PM

R405 on the other thread, not this one R406 just copied and pasted what was in an article.

by Anonymousreply 408June 11, 2021 11:29 PM

R406 Here is the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 11, 2021 11:29 PM

Just so we are clear: I didn't copy and paste anything. That was my summary of the podcast I wrote specifically for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 410June 11, 2021 11:32 PM

I did no such thing either r408

Bad day at kindergarten?

by Anonymousreply 411June 11, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote]How does this fat fuck exude so much power over people who are probably even more powerful in their own right?

Time magazine said that Yashar is one of the 10 most influential people on social media.

And every legit journalist is TERRIFIED of being canceled. Yashar got a NYT reporter fired.

by Anonymousreply 412June 11, 2021 11:36 PM

I have R408 blocked. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 413June 11, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]Yashar had asked people to send him money and he would "distribute" it to people in need.

But that's my scam!

by Anonymousreply 414June 11, 2021 11:38 PM

R405 Chiiiiiiiiiiile….

by Anonymousreply 415June 11, 2021 11:46 PM

Wonder if NYT are embarrassed and more interestingly, scrambling to cover their ass. Has the fired reporter filed a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 416June 11, 2021 11:49 PM

He obviously has sold his soul to the Djinn.

by Anonymousreply 417June 11, 2021 11:52 PM

The interview is more damning than the article.

by Anonymousreply 418June 11, 2021 11:53 PM

r418 I was just thinking that. Almost done listening to it. Holy fuck...

I want to read (and hear) more by this guy. He's good.

by Anonymousreply 419June 11, 2021 11:57 PM

There is also a transcript of the episode available at the Spotify link posted at R409.

by Anonymousreply 420June 11, 2021 11:57 PM

R419 His skills and looks have me tracing my cunt with a stick of lipgloss as I give come-hither looks to the image of him I’ve conjured before me mid-air.

by Anonymousreply 421June 12, 2021 12:01 AM

Where is there a transcript, R420? I followed the link but found no transcript or a link to one.

by Anonymousreply 422June 12, 2021 12:03 AM

I am also interested in the transcript! I prefer reading. Thanks guys!

by Anonymousreply 423June 12, 2021 12:05 AM

R422 / R423 It might only be available to those who have downloaded Spotify. I only have a free account, btw. It’s right near the top of the page, after the episode summary. The link is titled Episode Transcript.

by Anonymousreply 424June 12, 2021 12:08 AM

I'm usually also one who prefers a transcript. But his voice has a LOT of nuance that don't think would translate, and really fills in the lines. I encourage my fellow transcript fans to give this a listen.

He's now talking about how exhausted (not in a Roxane Gay way) he was from the whole ordeal, and boy does that come through.

That cunt really did use those suicide tweets to kill the story. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 425June 12, 2021 12:10 AM

It’s a horrible transcript, btw. Just checked it out to copy and paste here but you’re better off listening to the cast.

by Anonymousreply 426June 12, 2021 12:11 AM

Sexy voice.

by Anonymousreply 427June 12, 2021 12:16 AM

FFS, when does the Yashar tea get spilled in that podcast?? I'm listening for 12 minutes, and they're babbling on about that guy who had a wank on the zoom call.

by Anonymousreply 428June 12, 2021 12:17 AM

I remember that thread on twitter, I had many friends who got laid off from the pandemic and he was raising money on twitter and I'm telling you, hundreds of thousands were raised, I kept wondering what happened to the money...then he said he was teaming up with a charity to give away the money. I think it was Robinhood? it was a reputable charity in NYC. Does someone remember? over half a million, if not more was raised.

This cunt should go to jail if he scammed people. FUCK THIS CUNT! Get the police involved.

by Anonymousreply 429June 12, 2021 12:18 AM

The article suggests that the IRS is interested, r429.

by Anonymousreply 430June 12, 2021 12:20 AM

R428, skip ahead to 34:00.

by Anonymousreply 431June 12, 2021 12:21 AM

Yes, he needs to go to jail and get raped.

by Anonymousreply 432June 12, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] Yes, he needs to go to jail and get raped.

Why would you wish that on the poor prisoners. Haven't they been through enough?

by Anonymousreply 433June 12, 2021 12:22 AM

R428 Fast forward to 31 minutes

by Anonymousreply 434June 12, 2021 12:22 AM

I sure hope the authorities on the federal and state level get involved and charge the max ! I'm more angry about this than anything.

by Anonymousreply 435June 12, 2021 12:24 AM

Thanks r431 and r434. I found it.

by Anonymousreply 436June 12, 2021 12:24 AM

Damn, this interview is juuuuuicY!

by Anonymousreply 437June 12, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]Damn, this interview is juuuuuicY!

Peter Kiefer's not too bad either

by Anonymousreply 438June 12, 2021 12:41 AM

R438 Chiiile, I was the first one to notice his hotness in this thread, lol.

by Anonymousreply 439June 12, 2021 12:42 AM

Inject these takedowns of that pompous fat cunt right into my veins! This is some of the best schadenfreude ever! More...more!

by Anonymousreply 440June 12, 2021 12:44 AM

Just finished the podcast. Whew! The host following up with “The Silence of the Loons” story was perfect 😂

This story is going to continue to grow. Follow ups will be coming.

by Anonymousreply 441June 12, 2021 12:45 AM

The money angle is the most interesting to me. I was disappointed that the article didn't explain how Yashar was supposedly donating a lot of money to people in need during the pandemic if Yashar couldn't even pay his rent. I'd like to know more about that.

by Anonymousreply 442June 12, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] I was disappointed that the article didn't explain how Yashar was supposedly donating a lot of money to people in need during the pandemic if Yashar couldn't even pay his rent. I'd like to know more about that.

So would we.

by Anonymousreply 443June 12, 2021 1:14 AM

The article said he mooches off rich people, not that he can't pay his rent.

by Anonymousreply 444June 12, 2021 1:15 AM

R442 I think the journalist went really easy on him; he says as much.

by Anonymousreply 445June 12, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote] The article said he mooches off rich people, not that he can't pay his rent.

The podcast specifically mentions his financial woes.

by Anonymousreply 446June 12, 2021 1:16 AM

R444, he'd been evicted several times and owed a lot of money. So where did the donated money come from (did it exist) and did it really go to people in need? Did Yashar keep a 'cut' for himself like when those photographs were sold? I'd just like that to be investigated more because I hate fraudsters and people who don't pay their debts.

by Anonymousreply 447June 12, 2021 1:20 AM

R447 You do know this is not going away, right? Even the journalist says he is expecting follow ups.

by Anonymousreply 448June 12, 2021 1:21 AM

I'm sure he's grifting, but failing to pay rent doesn't mean he can't. The article details how he he up and ran out of his office in San Francisco, after a fight with staff, never to return. That suggests to me that he just runs off when things get tough. He's not necessarily struggling to make ends meet-- it could very well mean that he's choosing not to pay when he decides he's done with a situation.

by Anonymousreply 449June 12, 2021 1:23 AM

R459 Good point.

by Anonymousreply 450June 12, 2021 1:24 AM

If that is the case can we expect him to run off concerning his twitter account R449? It has been 24+ hours since he posted and even that was a retweet.

by Anonymousreply 451June 12, 2021 1:28 AM

Where can I get Peter Kiefer nudes?

by Anonymousreply 452June 12, 2021 1:34 AM

Grifterous fatty on the lam!

by Anonymousreply 453June 12, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote]The article said he mooches off rich people, not that he can't pay his rent.

Yashar is quoted as saying that he comes from money so doesn't have to worry about ever paying rent.

But the article makes it clear that this is a lie.

And nobody with any real money will choose to live in someone else's place.

I do think the fraud committed with the money he took from people on Twitter is his legal Achilles' heel.

by Anonymousreply 454June 12, 2021 1:41 AM

I wonder if his issues with his family have less to do with his sexual orientation and more to do with the fact that he's a shady, insufferable stunt queen.

by Anonymousreply 455June 12, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote] I wonder if his issues with his family have less to do with his sexual orientation and more to do with the fact that he's a shady,

My guess is his morbid obesity.

by Anonymousreply 456June 12, 2021 1:42 AM

I wonder which one of the usual subjects told him that Peter Kiefer was snooping around. It was quite a circle jerk at the height of donationamania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 12, 2021 1:52 AM

Yashart

by Anonymousreply 458June 12, 2021 2:04 AM

I think it's odd that he is thought of as such a huge presence on Twitter.

Yes, he has a lot of followers but is ranked 11,913th.

His engagements (retweets/likes) are less than someone like Betty Bowers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459June 12, 2021 2:08 AM

He is all smoke and mirrors. He name-drops all his famous "friends" and suddenly everyone wants to be part of the in-crowd. It's like Six Degrees of Separation.

by Anonymousreply 460June 12, 2021 2:18 AM

I Googled.

THIS is the fat ugly fuck you are all getting your tits in a tangle about??? What's wrong with you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 12, 2021 2:19 AM

r459 Betty Bowers steals material from here

by Anonymousreply 462June 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Shocking R461!! You're quite the sleuth.

by Anonymousreply 463June 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Maybe we can get him on to the case of why Amy Siskind's tweets have yet to be posted here too, R463!

by Anonymousreply 464June 12, 2021 2:31 AM

r459 It's not just about how many followers he has. It's about who follows him. He is followed by every single powerful personality in the journalism world (and political and entertainment) and his Tweets get huge engagement/retweeted by who's who on Twitter from Ben Affleck to Maggie Haberman to Jake Tapper to Joy Reid to Kamala Harris's sister. So it's not just follower count but how much power he wields online by having these many powerful people on Twitter acting like his henchmen.

by Anonymousreply 465June 12, 2021 2:38 AM

Have Amy Siskind's tweets been posted?

by Anonymousreply 466June 12, 2021 2:55 AM

Amy Siskind is like Keyser Soze. It will take a cadre of experts and amateur sleuths to locate her alleged tweets and unlock her secret. No one on DL can find her, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 467June 12, 2021 3:00 AM

As a guy, I can't get pregnant, but I'd love to spend a significant amount of time trying with R467.

by Anonymousreply 468June 12, 2021 3:03 AM

I give a massive eyeroll to Maggie Haberman, but a lot of other people who support this twat did surprise me, and the author of the article as well, apparently, and he would know way more than I do by miles and miles.

Maybe they keep clinging to his massive side in order to keep the beast at bay. He does sound very vindictive, and if people are/were foolish enough to tell private stories to him during their "honeymoon period", well, they should have known better. Guessing he is slick as fuck to draw people out even if they have been scammed before.

by Anonymousreply 469June 12, 2021 3:08 AM

I hope he drags Chrissy Teigen down with him, but she would probably drop him if he became an anchor around her neck.

by Anonymousreply 470June 12, 2021 3:10 AM

Where are Deb Messing and Alyssa Milano when you need them? Hm. Busy Phillips is... busy, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 471June 12, 2021 3:14 AM

I have a feeling she already has r470.

I'm also guessing she bought a "fixer", because no way in hell does she have the intelligence to pull herself out of this mess she created on her own.

She's another one who can fuck off. Her "apology" was so limp it really made it worse. Me, me, me, me, me....

by Anonymousreply 472June 12, 2021 3:15 AM

He grew up upper middle class and though not a trust fund kid his parents financially supported him for a big part of his adult life.

by Anonymousreply 473June 12, 2021 3:17 AM

It sounds like his "friends" are too afraid of him to drop him.

by Anonymousreply 474June 12, 2021 3:18 AM

I remember he would feature people affected by the pandemic and how they lost jobs, their sob stories and how the donations helped so and so. He even posted their pictures etc...then he would say, so keep those donations coming!

What a fucking scumbag, I hope he goes to jail for this.

by Anonymousreply 475June 12, 2021 3:21 AM

does he post on DL?

by Anonymousreply 476June 12, 2021 3:27 AM

Hey Yashar! If you're reading, I have a lead on a job for you. Trump's social media guru is jumping ship, so now's your chance to make a move!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 12, 2021 3:37 AM

I refuse to be the bookkeeper or Yashar's online life. I got a life to live. But someone should drag up his obsessive tweets on towels. And see how many media types found him to be just darling and adorable.

He's not a particularly amusing or insightful online poster. But he's connected and seems to understand that you rise on the backs of others that you drag down with direct accusation, insinuation or moral self righteousness. He hasn't met most of his best celebrity "friends." Yashar plays the nobility game very well. He did. It's gonna be hard for him now.

by Anonymousreply 478June 12, 2021 3:38 AM

Yashar's towels tweet:

"As a couple you should own a minimum of the following

10 Bath Sheets 10 Bath Towels 10 Hand Towels 20 Wash Cloths

Preferably more"

by Anonymousreply 479June 12, 2021 3:44 AM

He has hundreds and hundreds of tweets about the towels R479. I wouldn't open that linen closet!!

by Anonymousreply 480June 12, 2021 3:49 AM

We had a knockdown drag-out towel thread about a year or so before Yashar's tweet, which is why I did wonder if he read Datalounge. I feel like he would have posted about himself constantly though so would have been easy to identify.

by Anonymousreply 481June 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Who could forget about him going on and on about brunch. He just seems full of himself.

by Anonymousreply 482June 12, 2021 3:51 AM

is he an only child?

by Anonymousreply 483June 12, 2021 3:58 AM

He's a twin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 12, 2021 4:02 AM

In his head at least r483

And in Yarshit's world that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 485June 12, 2021 4:03 AM

Someone up thread wrote he looks like a poop emoji, now I can’t get that image of yashar and a poop emoji combined out my head.

by Anonymousreply 486June 12, 2021 4:05 AM

He is so dumpy, the nerve of him trying to be Miss Manners about towel etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 487June 12, 2021 4:22 AM

He's probably just trying to make himself sound rich by talking about "rich people things" like bath towels and brunch. That's not what the wealthy actually do, but that's how popular media portrays the rich.

by Anonymousreply 488June 12, 2021 4:26 AM

Too bad he doesn't get his tongue stung by a wasp like the gossip columnist in Dominick Dunne's 'An Inconvenient Woman'

by Anonymousreply 489June 12, 2021 4:29 AM

I just found out twitter can suspend your account, but people can still see your tweets. Has anyone heard of this? It just seems odd he hasn't tweeted anything for over 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 490June 12, 2021 4:39 AM

Yashar is with me and he's all mine now! We're going to be married!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 12, 2021 4:43 AM

Why would twitter suspend his account?

He's probably busy stuffing his pie hole, eating his stress.

by Anonymousreply 492June 12, 2021 4:43 AM

Maybe his going on and on about not wanting to wake up R492.

by Anonymousreply 493June 12, 2021 4:46 AM

There are different kinds of suspensions on Twitter, I've never had an official one but I have occasionally gotten locked out of my account for a few hours, and I always come back with the "offending" tweet having disappeared. My account apparently looks completely normal during that time.

Anyway, side note, Twitter really doesn't like it when you tell Trump or his pals that they suck.

by Anonymousreply 494June 12, 2021 4:49 AM

All roads lead to Mar-a-Lago. Everyone wins -- he can do odd jobs around the property with Sam Nunberg and they can share a tiny room with a bunk bed. Then Trump can put Yashar on display at rallies to prove that, in the end, no one can resist the power of MAGA. But there'll probably be a bout with mental exhaustion first.

by Anonymousreply 495June 12, 2021 5:16 AM

Yashart

by Anonymousreply 496June 12, 2021 5:47 AM

r488 Exactly. Rich people go to a store, buy as many high quality towels as they need, then go home and have the maids wash them. They buy what feels good and may or may not look at the price tag.

by Anonymousreply 497June 12, 2021 6:00 AM

LOVE that podcast - Maggie H. GETS DRAGGED for lending him credibIlity.

Maggie and Jake are going to have to comment about their 'support' of legitimacy cuz this story is JUST BEGINNING.

by Anonymousreply 498June 12, 2021 6:04 AM

Listening to the podcast, I wish more people would because it really busts Yashar more than the article.

by Anonymousreply 499June 12, 2021 6:53 AM

r499 Agree! It was SO much more. MARY!

It was very valuable to hear this guy sound as....fucked up from the experience as he does.

by Anonymousreply 500June 12, 2021 6:59 AM

I angry that he catfished me with that one very misleading photo taken "just before the pandemic"

by Anonymousreply 501June 12, 2021 7:40 AM

R501 That was the eye-roller of the century. He's been a big fat fuck (own it Yashar) for fucking YEARS. Lazy lies like that are a complete red flag for pathological liars.

by Anonymousreply 502June 12, 2021 7:43 AM

I wonder if he is commiserating with Chrissy Teigen?

by Anonymousreply 503June 12, 2021 7:57 AM

There aren't even any comments on Ali's last post after June 10. I don't know how Twitter works; can somebody enlighten me as to how this is possible, to keep an account up but no longer active? There's no way that people aren't trying to comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504June 12, 2021 9:34 AM

R504, what you can do to check to see who is tweeting @ someone is go to the search bar and type in "to:@[username]" and then sort by date.

There are only about 15 tweets to him in the last 8 hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 12, 2021 10:00 AM

He’s not blocked, suspended, or banned.

by Anonymousreply 506June 12, 2021 10:51 AM

And how would one know, grifter-tard, r506?

by Anonymousreply 507June 12, 2021 11:16 AM

did someone tweet to ask him about the money he raise?

by Anonymousreply 508June 12, 2021 11:55 AM

Yashar also has an active Instagram account @yasharali - you know he never tears those fat fingers away from social media. It's interesting to check out his old saved Instagram stories. He rants about Carole Baskin and says he wants to demand a "citizen's audit" to see where her money is going. Would he agree to the same? 😂 There's also a section for "Confessions" sent to him by his followers, and "Towelgate"...🙄

by Anonymousreply 509June 12, 2021 12:28 PM

If your account is suspended, no one is able to respond to your Tweets. Ali's Tweets are still able to be retweeted and responded to.

A shadow ban means Twitter has stopped allowing posters to respond to you for a specific time period. Ali's Tweets can be responded to, so he is not shadow banned.

Temporary suspensions show up immediately when you look up someone's account. Ali is not temporarily suspended.

Twitter has taken no action against him.

by Anonymousreply 510June 12, 2021 12:32 PM

The reason it was brought up if he had been suspended R510 is because he has not tweeted since the story broke. Since he has not tweeted and is not suspended it makes his past 7 days behavior suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 511June 12, 2021 12:37 PM

Shadowbanning on Twitter means you can't find the account on searches more than anything else. There is a rumored "reply deboosting" that happens when you get shadowbanned but no one is sure if that really happens or not.

There's a website that does shadowban tests and @yashar doesn't appear to have been shadowbanned.

by Anonymousreply 512June 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Twitter hasn't done anything to him, I am logged in and can still reply if I wanted to (I don't). I don't think twitter has any reason to ban him anyway, the article did not have any reason for them to and they did not ban him while he was posting his passive suicidal stuff.

I am wondering if he wants to try to stop further investigation now, if it's warranted. He already has a private detective out on him. I wonder who from.

by Anonymousreply 513June 12, 2021 1:12 PM

There are no limitations on his account, even "rumored" ones.

by Anonymousreply 514June 12, 2021 1:13 PM

No one is claiming or rumor R514, just asking since he hasn't posted. Learn to follow a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 515June 12, 2021 1:42 PM

Laughing at grifterous fatty on the lam R453. tip of the hat.

by Anonymousreply 516June 12, 2021 1:49 PM

Hardly anyone has been @-ing him but I feel sorry for the few who have, several have said they're having a rough time of it, just like he is. The world can be a lonely place and I hate knowing some people thought they had found a kindred spirit in Yashar, who seems to have bolted after being outed as a fake and a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 517June 12, 2021 2:25 PM

I haven’t been on this thread in a while and it’s filled UP! But - it looks like Chrissy might come down with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 12, 2021 2:28 PM

R515, for most of the loons in this threads, just speculation is CONFIRMATION that Ali has been banned permanently from Twitter "FOR STEALING MONEY! AND RAPING KATHY GRIFFIN!"

I guess you haven't been here long.

by Anonymousreply 519June 12, 2021 2:50 PM

He is neither banned nor suspended from Twitter. No more discussion on that. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 520June 12, 2021 2:52 PM

Quit guessing R519, you look like a fool.

by Anonymousreply 521June 12, 2021 2:53 PM

Will his next tweet be he has entered a facility to get the mental help he needs?

by Anonymousreply 522June 12, 2021 2:54 PM

I checked his insta, he posted something 17hrs ago on stories.

He's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 523June 12, 2021 2:55 PM

Where is "stories" R523?

by Anonymousreply 524June 12, 2021 3:20 PM

R524, it's on his profile pic. click on it. it's nothing special, he wrote " i love you so much @nabela and my heart is broken for you and @itssehmer." I think this fat cunt in the story had a miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 525June 12, 2021 3:23 PM

he put his phone number on insta! who the fuck does that?

by Anonymousreply 526June 12, 2021 3:24 PM

It is on twitter too R526

by Anonymousreply 527June 12, 2021 3:27 PM

You're not a moderator r520 so don't act like one.

by Anonymousreply 528June 12, 2021 3:34 PM

That is a fantastic article r518, thanks for posting it.

I do look back at the Teigen tweets and wonder why more people didn't notice that she wasn't really playing the same internet edgelord game others were at the time. People like James Gunn and other early-2010s edgy types made gross jokes that weren't about specific people, but she went after individuals.

I can't help but wonder how this Yashar scandal will affect her, or if it will at all. Being offline when it all went down may have been a blessing in disguise for her.

by Anonymousreply 529June 12, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote]I give a massive eyeroll to Maggie Haberman

She and Tapper were using Yashar to get retweets. They know that the people who pay them look at their social media presence.

by Anonymousreply 530June 12, 2021 3:46 PM

What I found interesting is Yashar is apparently friends with Jenna Ellis.

She was the former senior legal advisor to Trump, worked for Focus on the Family, and was a member of Jerry Falwell, Jr.'s think tank.

She is a notorious homophobe. Who said gays deserved to get AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 531June 12, 2021 3:47 PM

What I learned from the podcast is that I have been pronouncing his name "YA-shar" when I should have been saying "Yash-er"

by Anonymousreply 532June 12, 2021 3:52 PM

He's everybody's darling...he loves Meghan McCain too. He's the worst kind of starfucker.

by Anonymousreply 533June 12, 2021 3:55 PM

I never liked him. I'm smarter than most people.

by Anonymousreply 534June 12, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]What I learned from the podcast is that I have been...

wasting my time by not sucking Peter Kiefer's big cock

by Anonymousreply 535June 12, 2021 4:11 PM

So he is being cancelled because he overstayed his welcome at Kathy Griffin’s mansion? He owes money to an oil heiress? He uses a doctored photo on twitter?

Eyebrow raising at best. Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 536June 12, 2021 4:19 PM

R536, it's much more than that, he is a scammer. He raised money supposedly for restaurant workers during the pandemic last year and nobody knows what happened to all that money...he's going to the big house soon!

by Anonymousreply 537June 12, 2021 4:22 PM

Kathy Griffin is vindictive and has lots of connects in the political world due to the Trump photo scandal. She goes to any lengths to get revenge on those she things have wronged her and that’s basically everybody in her batshit crazy head.

by Anonymousreply 538June 12, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] So he is being cancelled because he overstayed his welcome at Kathy Griffin’s mansion? He owes money to an oil heiress? He uses a doctored photo on twitter?

No. He's being canceled because he tries to portray himself as some purveyor of morality and altruism while bullying and sicking his "fans" on anyone who crosses him, often ruining their lives. He has demonstrated a pattern of manipulating and using people and then turning on them in harmful ways for his own personal gain or simply for his own enjoyment. He's an evil bastard.

Also, he's a great big fatty using a doctored profile photo. If he were hot (or even if he actually looked like his profile photo with a decent body), all would be forgiven immediately.

by Anonymousreply 539June 12, 2021 4:39 PM

R539, that is basically what the entire she culture is founded on. Yashar is qpoc. He can do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 540June 12, 2021 4:41 PM

R536 Hi, Yashar!

by Anonymousreply 541June 12, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]Yashar is qpoc. He can do whatever he wants.

🤣 Holy shit.

Are you 'QPOC' as well?

by Anonymousreply 542June 12, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote]Kathy Griffin is vindictive and has lots of connects in the political world due to the Trump photo scandal. She goes to any lengths to get revenge on those she things have wronged her and that’s basically everybody in her batshit crazy head.

This is not happening because of Griffin.

The article makes it clear that Yashar's life has been an endless string of burned bridges and shady dealings. That is bound to catch up with someone with such a high profile.

He craved attention and will now regret that.

by Anonymousreply 543June 12, 2021 4:46 PM

Any article that makes Sharon Osbourne and Barbra Fedina look like victims and makes a qpoc man a villain is immediately suspect.

This has Kathy griffins fingerprints all over it.

by Anonymousreply 544June 12, 2021 5:10 PM

Is YasharWatch 2021 over yet? Can we return to our regular programming now?

by Anonymousreply 545June 12, 2021 5:19 PM

Did he euthanize yet?

by Anonymousreply 546June 12, 2021 5:21 PM

His old columns are aging beautifully.

[quote]From a very young age, my father promised that I could go to any college I wanted and he would pay for my entire education. I wouldn’t have any debt and wouldn’t have to get a job while going to school. I would have absolute freedom to learn.

[quote]When most people hear about a college-aged kid skipping college, they aren’t reminded of Bill Gates or Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg. They think of an aimless eighteen-year-old who sleeps the day away and lacks real purpose. Avoiding adulthood and sleeping all day are not the right reasons for avoiding college. I don’t fall into that camp and never have.

[quote]I didn’t want to be like my friends who went to college because they didn’t want to be an adult. They would continue further into graduate programs to avoid figuring out what they wanted to do. As if hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt and twelve lost years could to solve a fundamental problem in their soul.

[quote]It’s been thirteen years since I graduated high school and I still haven’t had a conversation with my father about my decision to skip college.

[quote]I always wonder: is he truly proud of where I ended up? I know I am. And I couldn’t have done it any other way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 12, 2021 5:37 PM

R547 I see that that piece has his favorite subtext: I come from a very wealthy family and money is never a problem.

Both lies.

by Anonymousreply 548June 12, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]I have been waking up at 5 a.m. since my junior year of high school and I started working when I was fifteen years old. I often tell people that I work harder than most people I know

That whole piece was so self-congratulatory. But claiming to be one of the hardest workers in the world when you just spent 9 months sleeping on Kathy Giffin's couch doesn't quite work.

by Anonymousreply 549June 12, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] I often tell people that I work harder than most people I know

If you have to tell people that (and have to tell them often), it's probably not true, love.

by Anonymousreply 550June 12, 2021 5:49 PM

He values hard work but he doesn't pay people who work for him, why? Check out this no-scam page a transportation company made about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551June 12, 2021 5:50 PM

Interesting r551, Yashar at the time was a registered lobbyist working for a collections law firm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552June 12, 2021 5:58 PM

I heard Goody Osburn and Yashar Ali conspired with the Devil against Kathy Griffin and someone else!

I read it on Datalounge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 12, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]I often tell people that I work harder than most people I know at stealing money and otherwise scamming people.

by Anonymousreply 554June 12, 2021 6:17 PM

R551 Is that why he doesn't use his real name? Because he's left a trail of breadcrumbs with the people he stiffed.

by Anonymousreply 555June 12, 2021 6:18 PM

I don’t understand why rich people let randos like him stay in their homes—why not put them up in a hotel for a specified number of days?

by Anonymousreply 556June 12, 2021 6:21 PM

We got this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557June 12, 2021 6:24 PM

Kathy was living with Yashar around the time she was manipulating people on twitter into buyingoverpriced cheapply made merchandise to support her after the Trump thing I think she made 6 million dollars off the Trump grift. She learned from the best.

by Anonymousreply 558June 12, 2021 6:25 PM

Things I never thought I'd read:

[quote]And the bedroom is one place where we receive consistent validation. I’m talking about women faking orgasms and giving us the sense that we’re the greatest lovers that have ever lived.

[quote]What a terrific arrangement for men. We get all the sexual pleasure and the feeling that we have satisfied the woman we’re sleeping with, without actually having done so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559June 12, 2021 6:29 PM

R555, I think so. There are quite a few court documents online about Yashar Hedayat if you search for them. Unpaid rent, criminal charges, one from Toyota, even.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 12, 2021 6:32 PM

So was Yashar lying about being straight or lying about being gay?

by Anonymousreply 561June 12, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] So was Yashar lying about being straight or lying about being gay?

Who cares? He's a fatty. He's dead to us.

by Anonymousreply 562June 12, 2021 6:37 PM

The only answer to that is "yes."

by Anonymousreply 563June 12, 2021 6:37 PM

He is somewhat off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 564June 12, 2021 6:39 PM

Is this his LinkedIn profile ? Who is the woman in the picture.

He looks a little thin and a little handsome in this pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 12, 2021 7:04 PM

The horror! The horror!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566June 12, 2021 7:10 PM

R565, that is his mother. It must be from when he was younger but he still has a belly in that picture which he has cropped out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567June 12, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote] He looks a little thin ... in this pic

A little thin?? He's still a fat cow in that photo even at 150 pounds lighter than current weight. Get your eyes checked, mate.

by Anonymousreply 568June 12, 2021 7:14 PM

He drew lines on his profile pic to his his fat face in addition to lightening his skin tone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569June 12, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote] [R536], it's much more than that, he is a scammer.

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but he also rapes baby elephants... while their elephant moms look on in horror.

by Anonymousreply 570June 12, 2021 8:03 PM

Kumail Nanjani can play Yashar in The Yashar Ali Story for E! Kathy Griffin will appear as herself. A tub of butter will portray Chrissy Teigen.

by Anonymousreply 571June 12, 2021 8:05 PM

What is the deal with Charlotte Clymer, anyway? She seems to be another one everyone is afraid to piss off.

by Anonymousreply 572June 12, 2021 9:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573June 12, 2021 9:33 PM

R572 Charlotte Clymer is trans.

by Anonymousreply 574June 12, 2021 9:39 PM

R572 Charles is a faker, like Yashar.

by Anonymousreply 575June 12, 2021 9:50 PM

Oh honey, stop making fun of him, I bet the towel can’t even reach all the way around him.

by Anonymousreply 576June 12, 2021 10:11 PM

While I agree you shouldn't kick someone when they are down R573 this is a completely different situation. Not only was Yashar going on for days about not wanting to wake up, but he threatened the writer and publisher of the article that he could commit suicide if they released it.

by Anonymousreply 577June 12, 2021 10:21 PM

Heide seems like a Suisse cunt. (She doesn't live in a society?)

by Anonymousreply 578June 12, 2021 10:22 PM

I think he’s a lot like trump in that he thought he had a few people caught tight in the snare of his deceptions- and then leaned too far into one of them and they buckled in an unexpected way. The whole depression thing is a smoke screen and he’s trying to line up an explanation to save face, he’s an uneducated, broke and absolutely clueless narcisstic sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 579June 12, 2021 10:38 PM

He overplayed his hand with the daily " I don't want to wake up" Tweets; people were tired of it before the article even came out. He should've stopped after day 3.

by Anonymousreply 580June 13, 2021 12:03 AM

I listened to the podcast; it's pretty clear Kathy Griffin spilled everything to the writer but didn't want her name anywhere near it. The writer mentioned more than once how surprised and disappointed he was in some of his sources.

by Anonymousreply 581June 13, 2021 2:24 AM

I am friends with a good friend of Kathy Griffin's and I can confirm that she has NOTHING good to say about this parasite.

She just doesn't want to go on record about it because he is so vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 582June 13, 2021 2:46 AM

Any other tidbits about Kathy r582?

by Anonymousreply 583June 13, 2021 2:48 AM

Who's a journalist brave enough to take on the next phase of the investigation?

Is a transcript of the interview available somewhere? I don't subscribe to Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 584June 13, 2021 2:59 AM

R584 You don't need to...

by Anonymousreply 585June 13, 2021 3:02 AM

r584 Someone on the other thread found one and said it was a mess to read. I think another person chimed in with a similar experience. If you haven't heard that podcast yet, you are in for a lovely treat. I am not a fan of podcasts, but this really was something to hear.

by Anonymousreply 586June 13, 2021 3:04 AM

R216, how would Sharon know where to send poop for Yashar? He is of no fixed address, apparently. She’d have to suss out which mark he’s currently living with.

by Anonymousreply 587June 13, 2021 3:27 AM

The silence of Yashar speaks for itself. He can't defend his actions. He might have had a stranglehold on people, but he lost that when it came out what a vindictive asshole grifter he is. No one in their right might is going to defend him. If you notice right now some are just asking if he is OK mentally. They won't unfollow him, but they will distance themselves from him.

by Anonymousreply 588June 13, 2021 3:42 AM

It says a lot about the present culture that such a creature could get a NYT reporter fired. The elites are in a panic.

by Anonymousreply 589June 13, 2021 1:28 PM

Why am I not surprised that vindictive grifter extraordinaire KathyGroffin used noted noted homophobe Joan Wash as her mouthpiece to publicly smear a queer man of color? She had no problems with her when he was helping her grift millions from “her gays.

White feminists stick together.

by Anonymousreply 590June 13, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote]queer man of color

No according to his Twitter profile pic.

by Anonymousreply 591June 13, 2021 3:09 PM

Kathy Griffin is known for being cheap so I am surprised she let him mooch off her

by Anonymousreply 592June 13, 2021 3:10 PM

R592, It was an arrangment. She gave him a place to stay and he not only cooks for her three times a day, he teaches her to make millions from emotionally manipulating people on twitter and uses his connections in media to portray her as victim of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 593June 13, 2021 3:24 PM

You would think Kathy would be a lot more careful with trusting people after her ex-husband stole money from her. I could tell something was off about this guy just from reading his Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 594June 13, 2021 3:25 PM

You have to hand it to Rosie. She was harassed by Trump to a larger degree, for a longer amount of time, and faced the wrath of the mainstream media which kissed “ the Donald”s” ass in those days. Even Kathy was hanging out with him at that time.

Yet Rosie never went the route of “I’m a victim! GIVE ME MONEY” route that Kathy Griffin went.

by Anonymousreply 595June 13, 2021 3:30 PM

I don't know where Kathy G is from but Rosie is from NY! She ain't weak!

by Anonymousreply 596June 13, 2021 3:33 PM

PART TWO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597June 13, 2021 4:14 PM

R595, for all her problems, Rosie has always seemed pretty honest about her money and how she has more than a person really needs (which is why she gives so much of it away). In a way, Rosie really is free to say and do whatever she wants because she'll never need to beg money or worry about losing it or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 598June 13, 2021 10:57 PM

I❤️Rosie O. Always have, always will.

by Anonymousreply 599June 13, 2021 11:25 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE POST AMY SISKIND'S TWEETS?!!

by Anonymousreply 600June 13, 2021 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!