Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Girl, this Article on Yashar Ali is Fabulous, Too

Continuation of thread about DL's favorite photoshopped grifter.

by Anonymousreply 147August 4, 2021 6:30 PM

Who is this person and why do I keep seeing continual threads about him?

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2021 4:15 PM

Here is the article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2021 4:16 PM

R1 Kindly, fuck off.

You people who police threads on here are so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2021 4:16 PM

Meh, not interested enough. I don't twitter twatter so no interest in someone who started it.

R3, I don't police threads. I was asking a question. Now kindly fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2021 4:18 PM

Link to PART 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2021 4:19 PM

R4 is too old to understand twitter. It's 'tweet'.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Yes, I know dear but I prefer "twitter, twatter" because it goes along with the whole twitter phenomenon. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote]Meh, not interested enough. I don't twitter twatter so no interest in someone who started it.

And yet here you are taking the time to post in a thread about someone you "don't know" and have "no interest in".

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2021 4:24 PM

R7, why don't you just skip over threads that don't interest you? I do that all the time.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2021 4:25 PM

Here is the juicy podcast with the hot writer of the article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2021 4:26 PM

Last thread someone mentioned The Silence of the Yashar, which is totally a movie I would watch. “ Kathy Griffin, do you hear the trumpeting of the elephant?”

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2021 4:26 PM

I don't mind if someone comes along to ask why there are a ton of threads on one person, but sticking around to complain that Twitter exists and that the topic isn't interesting to them personally is just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote]Meh, not interested enough.

And yet here you are, over and over again, shitting your tedious words onto a thread about someone you don't care about.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2021 4:27 PM

I wonder if he's even going to try to come back on Twitter? Obviously he'll have to do something to get his attention fix but who knows what that's going to be.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2021 4:34 PM

If he's smart, he will stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2021 4:35 PM

Retweet or liking a tweet isn't staying quiet R15. It is basically saying he is still around. He needs to address the issues brought up in the article and podcast, but is too chickenshit to do it. If I ever followed him I would unfollow just because of his manipulating BS.

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2021 4:42 PM

You ask a question, I answer R13. Quit asking questions.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2021 4:47 PM

I suspect he has NO INTENTION of addressing the specifics of the article.

Retweeting right now is his way of pretending not to be bothered by it.

I think he's going to give it some time and then come back by changing the topic. Like have a new Elephant charity.

The problem he is going to have is that the article has tainted his rep. And there will probably be even more unsavory info to come.

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2021 4:50 PM

R17 No one asked your boring ass shit. The request to kindly fuck off still stands.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2021 4:51 PM

Yes, a question was asked R19. Now quit talking and kindly fuck off and I will too. You like to argue for arguments sake. Bye gurl.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2021 4:53 PM

Worthless cunts like R20 are ruining DL.

[quote]Here’s the wild piece all the journos were obsessed with this week, revealing Twitter power broker Yashar Ali as a straight-up grifter. (Los Angeles Magazine)

I keep reading how journalists are obsessed with this story, but it hasn't translated into much press about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Maybe they are gathering more information R21.

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2021 5:09 PM

I'm sure the cops are investigating....

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2021 5:11 PM

Too bad I've been here since 1995 then R21.

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2021 5:12 PM

R23 what would the charges be?

by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2021 5:12 PM

Yasher is supposedly freeloading at the house of a TV producer.

I wonder if it is Andy Lassner. They always used to pretend to be fighting lovers on Twitter, which I found slightly obnoxious.

Lassner has the kind of money that Yasher would be drawn to.

by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote]I've been here since 1995

We could all tell from your posts that you're ancient. But you promised you were leaving.

So tedious AND mendacious? What a prize.

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2021 5:14 PM

Just for you, sweetie, but from your posts I gather you're just as ancient and been here for a long time too.

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2021 5:17 PM

Something about this Yashar guy really brings out the weakness in people it seems.

That's another classic grifter move. They exhaust their prey and/or enemies. The guy who interviewed him sounded like he needed a cross between a Silkwood shower and two weeks at a care facility.

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2021 5:23 PM

How manipulative is it to agree to meet with the writer working on an expose on you and to immediately burst into tears because you "love" elephants and orangutans?

People fell for that "I'm just a giver who loves animals!!!!" schtick on Twitter, but this guy had way too much information on Yasher to fall for that.

by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2021 5:27 PM

R30, and then the long-drawn out suicidal tweets to try to stop the publication of the article. Yashar suddenly got better when it was too late. This guy reeks of manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2021 5:38 PM

I will never forgive that slug for lodging the word "ideation" in my brain.

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2021 5:41 PM

I just did a search for his name on Twitter to see what the latest was.

Twitter has scrubbed EVERYTHING about the article. Tweets from last year are showing up.

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2021 5:49 PM

r33 Plenty is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2021 5:53 PM

It's still on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] That's another classic grifter move. They exhaust their prey and/or enemies. The guy who interviewed him sounded like he needed a cross between a Silkwood shower and two weeks at a care facility.

Kind of like how 2/3 of the US has PTSD after 4 years of Dump.

They're similar in a lot of ways, really: bragging about wealth they don't have, both play both sides of the fence when it suits them (Dump used to be a Democrat; Yashar is a fake-woke scold who is friendly with Repugs and white supremacists). And both are in major denial about how fat and ugly they are!

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2021 6:02 PM

That's so odd. When I did the search, I got nothing.

But when I use your link, I see tweets about the article.

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2021 6:14 PM

Just search LA Mag and Yasahr r37 He might be powerful, at least in his mind, but he isn't *that* powerful.

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2021 6:16 PM

Change your search from “top” to “latest.”

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2021 11:33 PM

Interesting how he posts this chest-puff of a letter from his attorneys "demanding" shit the day before the LA Mag article drops. I guess this was supposed to scare someone?

(The letter is unrelated to the article, by the way).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 14, 2021 12:20 AM

Just another attempt at deflection after the suicidal ideation fail.

by Anonymousreply 41June 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Thanks, OP, for clearly labeling this continuation thread. I am fascinated by this story but I don't really know how to follow it on Twitter efficiently. I'm counting on you bitches to keep me informed!

by Anonymousreply 42June 14, 2021 12:32 AM

Can someone please post Amy Siskind's tweets?

by Anonymousreply 43June 14, 2021 12:33 AM

If Jeffrey Toobin can come back from masturbating in a Zoom meeting, Yashar Ali can come back from this. However, he's probably lost access to the "media elite" and there's likely no way to get it back. Honestly, he'd be better off pivoting to the GOP, if he wants to carry on his grifting ways. That's one group of rubes he's not yet exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 44June 14, 2021 12:34 AM

I think he's done for the time being. He may keep a chunk of followers, but he's going to lose sources like crazy. He can't be trusted And the professional journalistd are going to back away instead of begging for retreats.

That said, guys like this have a way of re-emerging down the line. It's the lack of shame.

by Anonymousreply 45June 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Completely untrue r33, you type in "Yashar" and all the top tweets are about the profile with links to it and screen captures of snippets of it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2021 12:48 AM

Amy Sedaris fed her bunny today.

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2021 12:52 AM

The Jussie Smollett Troll never knows when A story is OVER. He can't stop trying to be cute about things. Gives him a reason to get up at night.

Yashar knows how to end the story. Ignore it. The Yashar expose is over for now. These threads are almost as tedious as the OP.

by Anonymousreply 48June 14, 2021 1:00 AM

^He already has the support of those wretched cunts, Megyn Kelly and Jenna Ellis. All he needs to do is tweet “the Election was stolen!” and “Trump 2024!” and he’ll be the newest GQP darling.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]Yashar knows how to end the story. Ignore it. The Yashar expose is over for now. These threads are almost as tedious as the OP.

This story isn't going away any time soon, Yashar.

by Anonymousreply 50June 14, 2021 1:08 AM

[Quote]Yashar Ali can come back from this.

Not if the IRS investigates.

by Anonymousreply 51June 14, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote] Not if the IRS investigates.

R51 and his jacked up talk. Again. You are boring and an over the top drama queen about Yashar. You sound as bad as he does.

If you are worth a flicked booger on the floor then post the Amy Siskind tweets. Or you could just shut up for 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 52June 14, 2021 1:32 AM

R52 wants to see Amy Siskind's tweets

by Anonymousreply 53June 14, 2021 1:39 AM

r53, do you know where I can find Amy Siskind's tweets?

by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2021 1:45 AM

You can find them here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2021 1:49 AM

r55 is for r54

by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2021 1:51 AM

Thank you, r56! They are as insightful as everyone said! Amy Siskind does not disappoint!

by Anonymousreply 57June 14, 2021 1:52 AM

R40 That was definitely a warning at Los Angeles magazine.

Yashar was pulling all the stops out to get them to kill the story.

"If being responsible for my SUICIDE won't be bad enough, I'm gonna sic my attorneys on you bitches!"

by Anonymousreply 58June 14, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote]Yashar knows how to end the story. Ignore it. The Yashar expose is over for now. These threads are almost as tedious as the OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 14, 2021 1:57 AM

What is Yashar's position on Meghan Markle?

by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2021 1:58 AM

Has Amy Siskind indicated if she is going to make them public? I'd like to see them.

by Anonymousreply 61June 14, 2021 1:59 AM

Will Yashar run for governor and debate Caitlyn in televised debate?

by Anonymousreply 62June 14, 2021 2:02 AM

Twitter is like the elephants Yashar pretended to care about: it never forgets.

From now on, no matter what he tweets, he will be flooded with "So how's the drifting going, person who looks nothing like their profile?" replies.

by Anonymousreply 63June 14, 2021 2:02 AM

Has Yashar commented on the roaming elephant herd in China? They have become international celebrities in their own right.

by Anonymousreply 64June 14, 2021 2:04 AM

Did Yashar tweet Mary-Kate and Ashley a happy birthday?

by Anonymousreply 65June 14, 2021 2:05 AM

R52 - you seem to have mistaken me for another person. You are welcome to put me on ignore and check it out for yourself. In the meantime, enjoy your bile cocktail. 🍸

by Anonymousreply 66June 14, 2021 2:20 AM

R30, I am always amazed at how some people will believe any bullshit someone tells them. It's like, "you actually believe this phony nonsense"?

by Anonymousreply 67June 14, 2021 2:26 AM

The Sure, Jan gif from some ancient white f@g is supposed to be what? An example of DL wit and wisdom? R59 is as old and troubled as the OP himself. One and the same. This story is over. Go back to your other race baiting thread topics please. We all know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 68June 14, 2021 4:17 AM

[quote] We all know who you are.

Let him have it, Bookmaven. That will teach him.

by Anonymousreply 69June 14, 2021 4:26 AM

Wait, I don’t know his profile pic was a drawing. It looks pretty good at R2. Who painted it?

by Anonymousreply 70June 14, 2021 4:43 AM

If it’s a painting then the artist has taken MANY liberties. And the halo is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 71June 14, 2021 5:01 AM

Why did they paint his face blue?

by Anonymousreply 72June 14, 2021 6:20 AM

He ain't ever coming back. maybe in 10 years, after some time in jail

by Anonymousreply 73June 14, 2021 9:02 AM

[quote]Wait, I don’t know his profile pic was a drawing.

It's not. His profile pic is a photoshop composite.

That drawing is a reinterpretation of that profile pic done for the magazine.

They did that to underscore one of his cons and shade him for using a pic that looks nothing like him.

by Anonymousreply 74June 14, 2021 2:26 PM

After your eyes are opened to what someone is up to, it's interesting to reflect on things they said before you knew the true story, as they are seen in a new light.

I have to laugh about how Yashar Ali kept tweeting last month about how "exhausting it is to always just be helping others."

Yeah, helping [yourself to the money of] others.

by Anonymousreply 75June 14, 2021 2:29 PM

A "drawing?" What? Are you saying you think someone sketched that profile pic by hand?

It's clearly a heavily manipulated digital photo. A photoshop, in other words.

[quote]It looks pretty good at [R2]. Who painted it?

Are you for fucking real??

by Anonymousreply 76June 14, 2021 4:57 PM

"Yes, hello Operator, could you please connect me to a portrait artist? I'm venturing into online communications, and I understand a visual representation of my personage is de rigueur, apparently something known as a [checks notes], "profile picture?" At any rate, please connect me to a portrait artist post haste, so I may commission my likeness rendered in a painting for such purposes. Yes, I'll hold."

by Anonymousreply 77June 14, 2021 5:03 PM

Probably shouldn't wade into this mess but I follow several digital artists on Twitter and they frequently call their art "drawings" even though they obviously used a tablet and pen or other digital means.

by Anonymousreply 78June 14, 2021 5:12 PM

Some times the nastiness around here surprises me and I wonder are they this nasty outside of DL?

by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2021 5:15 PM

If they're like most keyboard antagonists, R79, they seethe with quiet resentment in real life.

by Anonymousreply 80June 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Some people on here are so enthralled with their self-image as know-it-alls, they just can't let anything go.

They must be insufferable to know in person, if, indeed, anyone does.

by Anonymousreply 81June 14, 2021 5:18 PM

r79 If you ever left your grifted room and went outside Yashar, you could find out the answer

by Anonymousreply 82June 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Where are the receipts that he STOLE ant money at all?

Twitter and DL jury, once again.

by Anonymousreply 83June 14, 2021 5:19 PM

Where are the receipts that he STOLE any money at all?

Twitter and DL jury, once again.

by Anonymousreply 84June 14, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote]Where are the receipts that he STOLE ant money at all?

It's called a civil complaint filed in court, idiot.

Apparently, Yashar settled with the plaintiff and promised to make monthly payments if she dismissed the suit.

Not realizing the depths of his depravity, she did. He then immediately defaulted on the agreement.

by Anonymousreply 85June 14, 2021 5:22 PM

I love the hilarious rationalization that a Yashar Ali ally made on Twitter.

"Friends don't sue each other for money."

So if someone steals $200,000 from you, they are still a friend.

But if you seek recourse to get it back, you are not.

Because, honey, anyone who makes off with $200,000 of my money was NOT my friend.

by Anonymousreply 86June 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Where is his statement about the article? Where is his denial that he did any of these things? If he has nothing to hide, why did he try so hard to get the story killed? Why is his account basically silent?

by Anonymousreply 87June 14, 2021 5:25 PM

Yep, this is another Armie Hammer thread.

by Anonymousreply 88June 14, 2021 5:32 PM

In what way r88? I never visited those threads.

by Anonymousreply 89June 14, 2021 5:35 PM

Making up stuff and running with it like it is proven fact.

Taking something alleged and instantly declaring it a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 90June 14, 2021 5:37 PM

Must have hit a nerve with you R82 since I wasn't even talking about the comments concerning Yashar.

by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2021 6:20 PM

Whether he stole money or not, he's still a piece of shit. This all started with him trying to manipulate his followers with the suicidal ideation bullshit. That's a fact. Everything he has ever tweeted himself, including the phony catfishing avatars, is fair game for the court of public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 92June 14, 2021 6:25 PM

He's gone into "retweets only" mode, which is the same trick that Maggie Haberman uses whenever her Trump-fluffing behavior is exposed and she wants to look active on the platform without providing a space for her detractors to comment.

by Anonymousreply 93June 14, 2021 6:28 PM

He is a piece of shit. The way he took advantage of his "friends"...FUCKING FAT USELESS CUNT!

If you are still friends with him after reading all the shit that's come to light the past few days, then you are a stupid cunt and deserve to be fleeced.

by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2021 6:32 PM

I can't believe anyone would defend this fat cunt.

Ali must be posting in this thread.

Your jig is up!

by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote]Making up stuff and running with it like it is proven fact

You mean the same thing Yashar did?

by Anonymousreply 96June 14, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] Some times the nastiness around here surprises me and I wonder are they this nasty outside of DL?

The internet troll farm minions are. True DL'ers are not. But I think you already know that.

by Anonymousreply 97June 14, 2021 7:09 PM

Chrissy Teigen is back on Twitter and doing the dance of the 27 mea culpas.

Yashar liked her tweet.

I'm sure he is watching to see how easily she is allowed to rehabilitate herself.

The thing is: She is far more popular than he ever was and she made a mistake, didn't become a full-time grifter.

by Anonymousreply 98June 14, 2021 7:13 PM

R79 there is one particular mentally ill troll hanging around. She accuses people of being someone else and has been screeching "f@ggot" at anyone who calls her on her shit or disagrees.

by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2021 8:05 PM

I believe that this post of his is total made up BS.

I am so sick to death of people who claim that someone who just died had some kind of a connection to them, or helped them, or some such nonsense.

Anthony Bourdain would not have given Yashar the time of day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2021 1:41 AM

Interesting. He says he was dealing with depression for the first time in 2018, but in the recent "suicidal" tweets, he claimed he'd had numerous depressive episodes going back to the early aughts.

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2021 6:31 AM

To be fair, a billionaire has better things to do than going after 200k back. If she's doing it, she really loathes him or she's a cheap cunt like my late grandma.

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2021 6:57 AM

Or she wants justice so other less well-off get fleeced again? Before they stop with the ultra-rich and bleed into regulars...

by Anonymousreply 103June 15, 2021 7:27 AM

The richest do tend to be the cheapest.

by Anonymousreply 104June 15, 2021 7:42 AM

R98, well, this is interesting - Yashar has unliked his like of Teigen's comeback tweet.

Teigen has been getting some blowback, some guy posted nasty DMs from her; not sure if it's to do with that or if it's more personal.

by Anonymousreply 105June 15, 2021 10:41 AM

It was a loan, but a gift R102. People, regardless of their wealth, do not like to be taken advantage of. He had an opportunity to pay back the loan and for whatever reason didn't. He just stopped paying if after an arrangement had been made. I would go after him, if it were $100 or $1000. He needs to know you can skip out of your obligations and people are not going to support your lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2021 11:28 AM

OMG! Blaming someone he stole almost $200,000 from for trying to get it back?

It probably had nothing to do with the money for her, it was probably personal.

Because after Yashar wormed his way into her life, he probably betrayed her in countless other ways.

by Anonymousreply 107June 15, 2021 1:52 PM

And raped her, too, right?

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2021 2:06 PM

Yashar's hobby is burning bridges after he has extracted what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 109June 15, 2021 2:25 PM

I'm with R1 actually -- I don't think he was policing the thread at all. This person is someone whose name I've suddenly come across multiple times within a short period of time. I think it's OK to come onto a board and ask who someone is and why we're talking about that person. This is distinctly different from coming onto a board and saying, "I don't care about her" or "I hate him." *That's* when you wonder why someone bothered writing.

I actually use DL as a pop culture knowledge base. I'm too old to be constantly in the know so when I see topics about someone I would like to know why they are being talked about. Yeah, yeah, yeah -- Google and find out but that doesn't explain why DLers are talking about someone.

by Anonymousreply 110June 15, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote]I don't think he was policing the thread at all.

His cunty follow-ups strongly suggest otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 111June 15, 2021 2:56 PM

There are post about people that I don't know so I just google to find out who they are. 9 times out of 10 the person doesn't interest me so I just don't comment to the thread

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2021 2:59 PM

If you don't know someone mentioned, either read the thread, Google, or just ask.

But giving someone shit for posting about them is just being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 113June 15, 2021 3:08 PM

The most surprising thing about how he's handled this is the way he immediately stopped his week-long string of suicidal ideation tweets THE DAY THE ARTICLE DROPPED, and came out of nowhere with the "Never mind, I'm fine" tweets. Why not keep it up for a few more days instead of being so transparent about faking a mental health crisis? He really thinks everyone else is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 114June 15, 2021 4:27 PM

R114 I agree. That was sloppy grifting.

He should have tweeted: "I begged them, crying, not to publish that horrible hit piece just now, while they know I am suicidal, but they don't care about anything or anyone. They only care about getting clicks for their trashy, misleading story. What a mean world we live in. Los Angeles magazine's callous disregard has only driven me closer to the edge. Please keep me in your thoughts. Thanks for all your support. It has meant so much."

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote] Why not keep it up for a few more days instead of being so transparent about faking a mental health crisis? He really thinks everyone else is an idiot.

Just because his mental health crisis was contrived and manipulative doesn't mean that he isn't, in fact, mentally ill. He seems quite cray cray even if he he faked suicided ideation to divert attention from the forthcoming article.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2021 4:40 PM

You can't sit with us, Yashar.

by Anonymousreply 117June 16, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]Just because his mental health crisis was contrived and manipulative doesn't mean that he isn't, in fact, mentally ill.

Sometimes grifter assholes are just grifter assholes.

by Anonymousreply 118June 16, 2021 10:19 PM

Link to his OnlyFans, please!?

by Anonymousreply 119June 16, 2021 11:06 PM

He unliked Teigen's tweet? I would pay money to see these two turn on each other publically.

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2021 5:06 AM

[Quote]Just because his mental health crisis was contrived and manipulative doesn't mean that he isn't, in fact, mentally ill. He seems quite cray cray

Oh, yes. As I read the article, I got the impression he might be bipolar. He heads out to California with just a high school diploma gets a Hollywood job pretty quickly and parlays that into a deputy chief of staff job with Newsom [italic]without a resume[/italic] This takes an incredible amount of self belief or grandiosity and charm. Thing is that it appears he made himself indispensable to his marks. I wonder if he had a tremendous amount of energy and managed to get things done until the crash comes.

Didn't he abruptly leave the Newsom office? Just walked out one day never to come back? More telling was Kathy Griffin's staff reports that he eventually withdrew to his room coming out only for food?

He also posts, well used to post, practically round the clock.

Mentally ill people, especially those with a dual Axis II diagnosis, can absolutely run people ragged. Never mind if he's not bipolar, people with personality disorders seem to have more energy than all the rest of the people in the room put together. No wonder the author of this piece was so emotionally drained that he doesn't want to deal with the bottom of the iceberg -- didn't he say there's much more to the story?

I wonder if he interviewed the parents or tried to talk to high school teachers and former friends in Oak Park. So much more to this. I hope someone picks up where the author left it.

by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2021 10:41 AM

[quote]I wonder if he interviewed the parents or tried to talk to high school teachers and former friends in Oak Park.

If he is bipolar, it probably wouldn't have been showing enough in high school for people to recognize it yet. He may have just come across as "quiet" sometimes, but otherwise very "outgoing."

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2021 4:19 PM

Oh, yeah. He likely wasn't symptomatic in HS, but if he's personality disordered that likely would have begun to exhibit itself then. What was the pattern to his friendships, etc.

by Anonymousreply 123June 18, 2021 3:03 AM

I was fascinated with this story last week and read everything about it. But by today I'd already forgotten about the existence of Yashar Ali, and only remembered when this thread popped back up. People will forgive and forget this guy. What he really has to worry about is another expose. They are bound to keep coming, and just when everyone forgets about him again, that's when the next one will come out. For a few years at least, he is screwed. Of course it sounds like he could be in for some serious tax problems but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 124June 18, 2021 3:14 AM

Anything new?

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2021 10:19 PM

Yashar has been sleeping on the couch at the Murdaugh's Moselle hunting lodge.

He wormed his way into Maggie Murdaugh's life. But, as with all his friendships, it did not end well.

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2021 10:25 PM

Not dead?

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2021 9:39 PM

That was my wonder.

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2021 12:57 AM

What happened to her? Still absent on sosche mede? The fat cunt seems to have been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 129July 27, 2021 12:58 PM

I used to follow him on Twitter, when I didn't know any of this. He seemed fine when it came to news coverage, but it became clear over time that he loved to stir the pot. Loved creating unnecessary drama. It was just tiresome...and weird. Clicked unfollow a while back and certainly don't miss him.

by Anonymousreply 130July 27, 2021 1:09 PM

Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 131July 27, 2021 1:16 PM

Yashar Ali’s career is still dead.

by Anonymousreply 132July 27, 2021 1:20 PM

Just saw this Blind Item:

[quote]Depression was a serious problem for the A-list journalist. It was not a secret. He freely admitted it. After being exposed by the major hit piece, the depression quickly got much worse. Right now, a wealthy friend of the journalist is footing the bill for a lengthy inpatient stay, which doesn’t allow the internet.

But A-List?

by Anonymousreply 133July 27, 2021 1:44 PM

I'd say he was A-list, in today's sense. His Twitter feed was pretty entertaining, I have to admit.

by Anonymousreply 134July 27, 2021 1:55 PM

I wonder if the friend paying for the time at the loony bin is Andy Lassner.

by Anonymousreply 135July 27, 2021 1:58 PM

Andy Lassner is his own special brand of abusive nutbag thanks to Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 136July 28, 2021 1:49 PM

wealthy friend? who?

by Anonymousreply 137July 28, 2021 3:02 PM

After reading the LA Mag profile.

He's like the Red Channels and Aware from the McCarthy era planted on Twitter. Working under a pseudonym. What is his real name anyway? And inserting his brand of personal vengeance.

He comes off as a sociopathic grifter. He smartly created a SM network by jumping on the bus for the latest popular causes and without shame or any journalistic standards (he is NOT a journalist) prints gossip. He's like a mash-up Hedda Hopper and Vincent Hartnett and Truman Capote. Once you get a certain SM presence and following, people will begin to use you to air their grievances against others info will come to you with info - some of it will be inevitably have kernels of truth or truthiness. And stupid people will believe it all as gospel.

It's that dangerous and despicable combo of politics and SM and unrestrained thirst for power, fame & money that can so easily create a toxic concoction that the stupid so readily drink up.

He went to Hollywood to be what? Fame, power & money most likely. Show his mean parents he could make it and then shove it in their faces?

Maybe the most disturbing story in this was his friendship with Rick Jacobs and Yashar's turning that into a vicious attack of sexual harassment which seems to fabricate Ali as victim. The man lost his work.

Even other stories aren't really all that confirmed and are equally unfair - especially the Barbara Fedida affair. None of it was really confirmed and Yashar's facts were mostly debunked. Rather than "she made a racist statement" as he accused her, it ended up being it was found "she made a racially insensitive statement" whatever the hell that means - which could easily be innocuous. The woman lost her work.

Shame on the media and journalists for kissing his ass to get retweets and for being complicit with this guy. It really is reminiscent of the McCarthy era.

And then when people start to catch on to his tricks he pleads suicidal ideation to his followers and acolytes.

This guy is evil.

by Anonymousreply 138July 28, 2021 7:56 PM

Wonder if he actually ever met Chrissy in person? The last action I saw from him was liking her last Tweet.

by Anonymousreply 139August 2, 2021 3:59 AM

I know he helped her dig up some dirt but he wouldn't have to do that in person

by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2021 4:04 AM

Dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2021 4:06 AM

[quote] Andy Lassner is his own special brand of abusive nutbag thanks to Ellen.

Ellen Burstyn? Does she tweet?

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2021 4:54 AM

What about Amy Siskind's tweets? Did those surface?

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2021 4:56 AM

Who’s Amy Siskind?

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2021 10:32 AM

Someone on here keeps asking about Amy Siskind’s tweets, no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote] wealthy friend? who?

The popular answer was Chrissy Teigen, but I think it's more likely the bill is being footed by some non-celebrity acquaintance or by his family.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote]What about Amy Siskind's tweets?

Ali used Kathy Griffin's account to attack Siskind.

Griffin is very much unhappy about that.

by Anonymousreply 147August 4, 2021 6:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!