Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recollections May Vary: Part XI

As Sophie Wessex made clear in her (undoubtedly Palace greenlit) interview in the Telegraph.

Charles and the Queen can try all they like to pour oil on these waters through the Platinum Jubilee next year. The younger folk who are the monarchy's future will never accept the two traitorous vipers back.

Best to make the Jubilee the clean break.

by Anonymousreply 277June 27, 2021 11:34 PM

How did she make it clear? I read nothing definitive. They made a joke a wiggle out of the Oprah question. That was the worst of it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2021 1:09 PM

I can't seem to find Part X. On my phone, it keeps coming up as closed, so opening Part XI.

So now that the primary threads on Harry Goes Native in California and Sussex Baby arrives are full and closed, here we are.

With the Harkles unable to avoid looking bad even with s simple baby name announcement. It is mind boggling that they are either so bad at reading the room or so obsessed with revenge that they fick up even this.

Backlash stories are everywhere, openly calling the name variously, exploitative pandering, hypocritical, or outright insulting.

Then there are the She's Having Harry to Lunch! stories. (For lunch, more like.) And the Queen has already met the baby via Zoom, the Sussexes will all go to England for the Jubilee (does Meghan know she stands no chance at all of appearing on that balcony?), although I think they'll be there this summer to see that they get great christening ops with the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Meghan's book is published today. Will it fly off the shelves or bomb?

Enquiring minds want to know.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 10:12 AM

I believe the Sussexes DID ask QEII for permission to use the name Lilibet.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 1:42 PM

Believe what you want R3.....there have been several reports saying that they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 2:17 PM

I think it’s a little bit of both. I think they told the Queen ahead of time so she wouldn’t be blindsided, but didn’t really ASK her if they could. Meghan doesn’t ask for permission (or apologize).

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 4:47 PM

R2. Thanks. Your enquiring minds addition at the end of your comment just identified which troll group is currently working the gossip sites. It's a signature so to speak. Naughty naughty.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 4:56 PM

Agree with R5. They get off on ignoring tradition and breaking unspoken rules.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 4:58 PM

R7 The unspoken rules of White supremacy? Interesting gossip. Amazon had to change review status for Meghan's book. Troll reviews overwhelmed site. Black twitter noticed this coincided with positive Kate book negative Meghan book articles in UK media. The troll comments are now being individually investigated. One by one.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote] The troll comments are now being individually investigated. One by one.

You’re the stupidest cunt I’ve seen on DL in almost 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 5:10 PM

Maybe they ran Lilibet specifically by The Queen although I doubt it. Probably insinuated it would be Elizabeth or another variation. But baby names bring out weird tendencies in narcs. My dad’s mother was known to everyone as Kit, a nickname. My narcissistic mother naturally hated my grandmother. When my sister was born, my mom made her middle name Kit. However, she went around making clear to everyone that the middle name had no relation to my grandmother, she had always liked the name and was going to use it regardless of it being my grandmother’s nickname. ??? Even as a kid I knew it was off.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 6:19 PM

R8 How is the name being received in your corner of the world? Heh.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 7:03 PM

R8 - Hi, Pet. Aren't you tired of trying this bullshit tactic yet? It never works, nobody cares, nobody is investigating, nobody is going to the Gulag, and you just look like the poster illustration of what Freud described as crazy: trying the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Meanwhile, the critics of the broadsheets aren't trolls and the book is getting slammed across the board for being semi-literate (that means badly written by someone with no command of the English language, Sweetie), clearly a vanity project, and being nothing that any child would really be interested in.

Those are the reviews that count, darling, and they're bad, because Meghan has even less talent as a writer (her word salad pronouncements should have been a clue) than she did as an actress. And the sales are less than hoped for and the book is already being offered at a discount . . .

Whilst Kate's book, you poor benighted sod, went to the top of the best-seller lists, sold fantastically, and the profits are shared with a mental health charity and the National Portrait Gallery.

You know why? Because Kate wisely got involved in a book project on a subject that she has some knowledge of, and made it about the project, NOT ABOUT HER.

Meghan, on the other hand, has zero skill as a writer and made the book ALL ABOUT HER AND HER HUSBAND AND HER SON.

Fuck off, Pet. Peekaboo, we see you!

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 7:47 PM

Nothing these two state about the Queen or that their PR leaks say about the Queen should be taken with anything but a huge bucket of salt.

You have to remember that they KNOW they can say anything and the Queen is unlikely to come out and contradict the story. Maybe he called, maybe he didn't. Maybe they zoomed, maybe they didn't. They clearly have no regard for the truth and if they did call her and did Zoom, they are yet again proving that they have absolutely no compunction about sharing private moments with the BRF with the world if it gets them PR.

Given that, I would say it's highly likely that everyone in the BRF is on Red Alert about holding communications with the Harkles.

The media make up shit when no one in any position to know what goes on between the Queen and Harry would give them the time of day.

Now, word is that Harry is going to fly in and fly out for the Diana Statue Unveiling. That should give him and Gran time for a quick lunch, eh?

The Harkles never, ever fail to forget to think things through.

After seeing the backlash against two people who threw an entire family, including its Head, under the bus but naming their kid after her because she's IMPORTANT and his mother, another rich white royal icon . . . but nothing about her, ah, shall we say "other" family . . .

Someone went through the family tree and found a Great-Great-Aunt Lillie and the Sussex PR machine is trumpeting that see? The name Lilibet DOES honour Meghan's mother's family . . . someone Meghan, her mother, and her grandmother never knew, who means nothing to them, and whom Meghan didn't even know existed . . .

We all know why she called the kid Lilibet: to make it look like she was currying favour whilst also being rude, crude, and vicious to the woman whose generosity gave her everything that grasping bitch has.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 7:55 PM

So other than Ellen (and fhe BRF) have any big names tweeted congrats? Seems like not many 😂

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 8:54 PM

We requested private congratulations as we are a very private family.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 8:57 PM

From the linked artucle:

“ So I believe she has earned the right to whatever modicum of privacy she can carve out for herself. Something that doesn't include her grandson's appropriating her childhood nickname, one of the very few private things she possesses.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 9:14 PM

R3 I'm sorry to burst your little bubble, but a Palace source has now told the media that the Harkles did NOT ask the Queen if they could use her intimate family nickname.

The Palace is actually coming out and calling the Sussex PR liars.

This means the gloves really are off, there is no "healing", and the Sussexes have just put their foot in it again.

They've been called out publicly for rank pandering plus disrespect by nearly every outlet on the planet.

Her book has been universally panned and is sinking like a stone.

And they've once again made the Cambridges, and especially Kate and HER book, look fucking golden.

Own goals again.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 9:08 AM

Get your ass over here R17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 9:10 AM

R18 - Thanks. The arse has moved. But that still doesn't preclude discussing the latest events here, especially given the title of this thread, as, clearly, yet again. - Recollections are once more varying.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 12:12 PM

R12 - See Below:

Later in the day on Tuesday, 08 June 2021, Amazon updated their sales charts and The Bench was #3 on the American Amazon sales list and the #1 children’s book in the US.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 2:35 PM

The book is a PR stunt and vanity project. I can guarantee it will not be an enduring and beloved children’s book. There will not be children asking for it at bedtime every night, like “Good Night, Moon”.

But we all knew that.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 3:25 PM

R20 Meghan has a large group of low IQ fans who would buy wrapped dog shit if it had her name attached. They are the ones buying this book, so of course there’s an initial flurry.

But neutral buyers who actually want readable, fun books for their kids won’t buy it - because it’s monumentally crap.

Paperback sales won’t soar because by then anyone wbo wanted it because the cunt’s name is on it will already have it.

Whether you like it or not, this book will go down in history as one of the worst ever published. So fuck off back to Mumsnet...you are not welcome here, Maria.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 4:10 PM

This whole fiasco over Meghan books and the name of The Sussexes new daughter is about nothing except the British tabloids and other British media monetizing the Sussexes (and by extension the British Royal family) for every dollar and pound of revenue they can squeeze out

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 4:24 PM

Sure R23. Sure.

Because it’s not like that gaping cunt of a woman you so admire isn’t squeezing every penny she can out of an entirely unearned title and platform GIFTED to her by the BRF and UK.

Sling your saggy tits over your shoulder and piss off.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 4:38 PM

R22 - You have the cart before the horse: those terrible reviews are what persuaded her fans to buy. She can't write, they can't read.

The reviews are horrendous, the people buying them are blacks who want to support a Sistah even though the kids in the illustrations (that is, the ones representing her own kids) show pasty red-headed kids no one would ever mistake for the kids of the people buying the book out of, er, solidarity.

It will sink quickly - just like "Finding Freedom" did.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 5:38 PM

The book spent 5 minutes at #3 and, predictably, started downward the next day. Last time I checked, it had already sunk to 40.

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2021 10:59 AM

R26 - Will be interesting to see aggregate numbers on Meghan's book after 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2021 3:46 PM

That 3 on the Amazon list counts clicks on the page, not purchases, so doesn't actually mean anything. Plus, its been announced Meghan will be giving 2000 copies free to schools. (Wonder who covered the cost of that? Archewell?).

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2021 4:11 PM

The Royal Family has arrived at the G7 summit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2021 5:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2021 1:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2021 12:56 PM

Oprah, having gotten what she wanted, remains silent.

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2021 2:20 PM

“If you were concerned about racism within the royal family and the institution of the monarchy itself, why would you then name your child after its two most iconic members?” - The simplest of questions for Harry and Meghan, which neither Oprah nor any other “journalist” will ever ask.

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2021 2:26 PM

Narcs never change. The BRF refusing to enable them and grey rocking is the best strategy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2021 2:53 PM

One Part X was closed, this other part X is still open

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2021 2:55 PM

Let's pause for a moment and send thoughts and prayers to the servants at Manse de Megdusa. With this latest proclamation from Buckingham Palace, the Duchess of Misinformation has got to be livid.

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2021 3:08 PM

Rumored next flailing for a brand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2021 3:19 PM

^ R37 businesses may shy away from any association

hoorutokin2 👀 watch out... its 🔥🔥🔥 9 hours ago Like it helped a children backpack brand, who’s product was on infamous paparazzi shot? Brand had to delete instagram post, because of negative comments

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2021 3:20 PM

HaitchanM Spectator of the Markle Debacle 3 hours ago Agree they are not who you want wearing your brand, simply because they are too divisive. As for the blind item… would that be that they just get other brands to give them items and use their ‘influence’ to get people to buy rather than creating anything themselves? Because if so they’ll struggle unless they work with like a high street brand. They only have so many celeb friends who are influential, have kids and want to be associated and Im going to bet the average Sussex stan isnt going to be able to afford exclusive babywear.

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2021 3:26 PM

I assume Charles and Camilla will be there, perhaps Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2021 3:30 PM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2021 3:30 PM

What are the odds he sill skip the trip in July?

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2021 3:31 PM

Thomas Markle interview on 60 Minutes, Oz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2021 3:35 PM

MeGain and Dimbo have alienated the Markles, the Raglands and the BRF. Easier to extort the monetize the relationship with the dead, they are unable to protest narc abuse after all.

willyeetlater wayfair patio furniture 18 minutes ago Yeah it's easier to love a memory of someone than to actually be in a loving relationship with a living person. If someone is alive with their own needs ad desires, you can't so easily curate them to your benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2021 3:39 PM

I think Harry's attendance at the unveiling is everyone's next question.

In order to keep up the We Want Peace with the BRF narrative alive, he has to show up. If he doesn't, no one will buy the New Baby excuse, it's a one or two day trip, and his wife has a nurse and a nanny.

He can use the excuse to save face, but no one will buy it, and it will show that relations are so bad that he can't even manage a flying visit for a private memorial to Diana with his brother.

I give evens either way. Too close to call.

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2021 3:44 PM

It would be surprising if Harry skips the Diana statue unveiling. Being her son is about the only sure thing left that the he and his wife have to monetize.

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2021 3:56 PM

If she uses Sussex in the branding dor this subscription service, they will lose the title. No question.

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Beautiful day in Windsor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2021 4:26 PM

The Bidens with the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2021 4:29 PM

The Queen's experience and knowledge is priceless.

During her 69-year reign, 14 US Presidents have been in office:

- Truman - Eisenhower - Kennedy - Johnson - Nixon - Ford - Carter - Reagan - Bush - Clinton - Bush - Obama - Trump - Biden

HM has met all of these leaders with the exception of President Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2021 4:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2021 4:32 PM

The Queen is pretty in pink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2021 4:36 PM

The official photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2021 4:43 PM

Forgot to say that Jill Biden looked fabulous. Her skirt suit looked like sea foam green when I was watching the live feed of the Bidens with the Queen but in the photos above, it looks blue or even lilac.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2021 4:45 PM

How refreshing to have a First Lady who actually wears undergarments.

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2021 4:46 PM

The Queen's printed pink outfit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2021 4:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2021 4:48 PM

Jill Biden has a boo boo. I would hate to be so closely scrutinized in the press for EVERY fucking flaw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2021 5:10 PM

R47 - It is so ironic that the parent from whom he probably inherited his mental issues, and who valued his older brother more, should be the parent he idolises. Perhaps monetising her memory is some backwards form of revenge - he's finally getting the attention from her he feels he deserved.

It's a stretch, I know, but . . .

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2021 7:58 PM

They were a poor fit as well, R60. Haz has always had issues with rage since he was tiny (runs in Spencer family) and Diana wanted a parentified child to meet HER emotional needs. William was pressed into service there and also to manage Harry's emotional outbursts from childhood on. Charles was the one who seemed to have more patience for Harry. Maybe Harry thinks he can push and push him.

Harry does not behave like someone who has genuine empathy or who values other people and interpersonal relationships, nor does MeGAIN. Such people, whatever label you want to apply, are fundamentally chaotic and anti-social or oppositional. They do not value good character, love, or peace and harmony. Haz in a poorer family may well be in jail or homeless. Books will be written about MeGain. Dark triads both of them. When the elderly man fell off his horse in the heat at Trooping and landed on his head on the pavement, Catherine looked properly horrified. The Gruesome Twosome both laughed. When Charles himself was knocked unconscious playing polo, Harry callously joked about it. She had to be reminded by a press secty to inquire about her father's health when he had just had a heart attack. Not only do they have these reactions to the vulnerability and misfortune of others, almost reacting with glee and excitement, they do not even care to cloak or hide the reactions from public view. They are dangerous and highly disturbed people.

God help those children.

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2021 8:09 PM

R61 - It is true about the Spencers, I'd forgotten that. Johnny Spencer beat Diana's mother, Earl Spencer may have calmed down a bit with the third marriage, finally, but he was reputed to be hardly a bed of roses in the first two, especially the first wife, Victoria was it? Diana and her sisters well into their teens when they should have known better pushed Raine Spencer, their father's second wife, down a flight of stairs.

Hated stepmothers are not exactly news, but ffs - if she'd been badly hurt, the story would have followed Diana for years, and their father was allegedly extremely happy with his second wife, even if she was something of an English Nancy Reagan.

Cressida Bonas's IG post the day after Harry's engagement was announced was extremely telling,

"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are, how you treat people ultimately tells it all."

It is impossible to miss her meaning.

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2021 8:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2021 8:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2021 8:32 PM

LilyTheOpinionator, Philadelphia, United States, 6 hours ago

Taking away their titles won't hamper this soulless couple from trying to cash in. Doing a reality show is definitely in the cards for them, and they'll say they were forced to do so because H was cut off.

Prospero in Exile, This Sceptered Isle, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago

@EleanorOfAquitaine: It's a step in the right direction. But now is the time for "H" to be removed from the line of succession and for all royal titles & privileges to be stripped. It's intolerable that he and his vile wife are able to continue to spew falsehoods regarding Her Majesty, the Queen and the British Royal Family, which undermines the very institution of the Monarchy, and thus, respect for the People of Great Britain & the Commonwealth, who have also been trashed by these two hypocritical grifters, "H" & his ignoble wife who are greedy, jealous and untrustworthy. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2021 8:35 PM

Just imagine how things would be different if this one nut job had had a clear shot at the Queen during the Trooping The Colour in 1981

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2021 8:42 PM

The Harkles ventured one little response about how they now want a "good relationship" with the royal family (read: their royal title) and to "make peace", but glaringly avoided addressing the fact that the Queen had just branded them as liars in what they told the public and press.

And now they've gone quiet. They will probably, for once wisely, lay low until the unveiling of Diana's statue. Then we'll see the next chapter open.

by Anonymousreply 67June 14, 2021 1:03 PM

The rabbit holes are DEEP if the posts here are accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 14, 2021 2:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 14, 2021 2:16 PM

More manifesting from Montecito

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 14, 2021 2:18 PM

R70 Oh my sides!

The Sussexes are the ones likely to dissolve.

Tbe polls suggest geo.tv is oblivious to the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 71June 14, 2021 4:17 PM

Can't stop, won't stop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 14, 2021 10:52 PM

Dear Kate: GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Being the referee isn’t your job and you’re gonna get burned.

by Anonymousreply 73June 14, 2021 11:20 PM

R72 Another "sources claim".

Because savvy, discreet Kate went right out to the press and showed them the text on her phone.

Right.

by Anonymousreply 74June 15, 2021 12:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 15, 2021 12:47 AM

Pressed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 15, 2021 12:48 AM

“The Sussexes are already way more famous than the Pussycat Dolls. Now they want a fortune bigger than Nicole’s.”

Wow wow wow, from British Royalty to comparing yourselves to the Pussycat Dolls. Oh. My . God.

by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2021 12:52 AM

How are they paying all these people?

by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2021 1:05 AM

Exactly, R78. And if they have "help" with the PR bill, who are their backers and to what end?

by Anonymousreply 79June 15, 2021 1:08 AM

What "The Me You Can't See" tells us about Meghan & Harry's relationship | Is it Narcissistic abuse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 15, 2021 1:15 AM

Chrissy Teigen thinks Meghan is wonderful.

She's the darling of the celebrity trash pool.

by Anonymousreply 81June 15, 2021 9:46 AM

Harry has girly hands with skinny red fingertips. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 82June 15, 2021 10:42 AM

The Queen received the Australian PM today at Windsor. This woman is amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 15, 2021 12:16 PM

I think HMQ has been summer dress shopping recently!

by Anonymousreply 84June 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2021 1:22 PM

Face it: the best dressed person in those photos is the Prince of Wales. That suit could have showed up on its own without anyone in it.

by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2021 1:25 PM

Sophie needs a better bra. Her dress looks like a bathrobe.

by Anonymousreply 87June 15, 2021 1:29 PM

Remember when Markle showed up dressed as a dental nurse?

by Anonymousreply 88June 15, 2021 1:36 PM

And turned her back to the Queen, R88.

by Anonymousreply 89June 15, 2021 1:54 PM

Lady C today

Medico on Meghan's Narcissistic control/Harry an ingrate/Thomas Markle perplexed 2 stupefaction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 15, 2021 3:04 PM

R90 - Lady C reads an interesting - and I think, accurate - description of Meghan and Harry's relationship by a medical observer in her video. Many of the observer's points have been echoed by many here on DL. Harry The Bewildered is my new name for him.

by Anonymousreply 91June 15, 2021 5:58 PM

New vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2021 6:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2021 9:29 PM

Narkles, take note!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 15, 2021 9:48 PM

R93 - Harry really looks like Philip in the photo on the right.

by Anonymousreply 95June 16, 2021 1:26 PM

R94 - Meghan and Harry are not receiving in public funding. I do not get your point.

Unlike other royal houses, there has always been a separation in the Netherlands between what was owned by the state and used by the House of Orange in their offices as monarch, or previously, stadtholder, and the personal investments and private fortune of the House of Orange or Orange-Nassau.

With regards to private funds, the House of Orange-Nassau, which is the Royal House of the Netherlands is one of the wealthiest royal families in the work. Have you ever heard of Royal Dutch Shell? I have no doubt the the Princess of Orange is receiving a large private allowance from her parents or simply sending all her bills to her father, the Dutch King.

Again, What doe this have to do with the Sussexes?

by Anonymousreply 96June 16, 2021 1:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2021 10:01 PM

All that hustling and the only gigs were as a suitcase girl that her dad got her and on Suits, which her husband Trevor got her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2021 10:52 PM

What a headline - flops dismally. Seems like she has Markled herself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 17, 2021 2:49 AM

Wooton & Lady C, has this been discussed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 17, 2021 3:20 AM

Do you have a link to the entire discussion r100?

by Anonymousreply 101June 17, 2021 11:39 AM

That is what is on the GBNews YT channel, R100, I would love to see more of the discussion myself.

by Anonymousreply 102June 17, 2021 11:49 AM

Yes, r87. Same problem on Day 2. Camilla, too. What is it with royals and good foundation garments? Sophie's to young to be pulling a Mamie Eisenhower look.

by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2021 12:02 PM

CDAN:

"Blind Item #9​

The youngest sibling in the main group of the house of royals has been having an affair for years with a television host. They are both married."

The BI is widely thought to be Prince Edward, and the TV host, Philip Schofield, who came out months ago after a couple of decades in a straight marriage.

But more to the point, the BI is widely thought to have been sent in by the Sussex PR machine, to pay out Sophie Wessex for her "Orpah who?" remark in the Telegraph interview, and also because it is so obvious that the Wessexes are being brought forward to replace the Sussexes.

Rumours about Edward have circulated for decades, unproven, of course.

It's quite typical of Sachs and her clients to try this, and Enty prints whatever he's sent that looks like it will get clicks. The stuff he printed about Cumberbatch's wife and marriage bordered on science fiction.

It won't make a bit of difference. Harry and Meghan are now OUT OUT OUT.

by Anonymousreply 104June 17, 2021 12:23 PM

I can't stand Philip Schofield, but yes, this has a whiff of Sunshine Sucks for sure.

by Anonymousreply 105June 17, 2021 1:15 PM

That enty site is a vile homophobic racist shit hole. Nobody needs to give it the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2021 1:26 PM

'Scuse me..What is an enty site?

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2021 1:29 PM

the crazy days and nights gossip site. It is a cess pit for deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2021 1:31 PM

And a great place for SS to even some $$ from the Royal Duo.

by Anonymousreply 109June 17, 2021 1:33 PM

From River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2021 2:11 PM

New Lady C vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2021 3:10 PM

R99 - How can Meghan's book be a flop if it is on the New York Times Best Seller List of children's books?

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2021 3:10 PM

r112, I guess it means a lot of sales on the release day, rapidly followed by nobody wants this crap.

by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2021 3:18 PM

I believe I read that she paid for them to run her miscarriage piece, can $ influence the book list? Surely there are ways to manipulate it.

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2021 3:26 PM

Rolls eyes at R6 and R8. Probably the same. They love to talk about “people being investigated.” LOL, give it a break. The PC police have no control about speech. At least not in U.S. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2021 3:50 PM

R111 - Lady C. is on fire today. She's not taking any shit from anyone.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2021 4:15 PM

R116 - Lady C rants are getting old and stale..

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2021 4:31 PM

Kate is really into early childhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2021 8:03 PM

She clearly loves kids and gets along with them and mothers so well on meet and greets and tours. Why not play up to that strength? It's the most natural way of relating to others through the most basic common experience of 1/2 the population.

I love this British word "broody," BTW.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2021 8:21 PM

Oh dear, R119, several posts are missing before yours. Is the KGT trying to get to his posting quota before clocking out?

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2021 9:16 PM

Has this new campaign been discussed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2021 9:46 PM

Very important initiative from Catherine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2021 9:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2021 9:47 PM

She really thought she would last without any current revival lost during Broadway burn up? (Accordions)

Mean and " keep your eyes OFF!" I should just slink off

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2021 10:08 PM

She was raised in the Agape cult, the founder wrote "The Secret." The effects on her psyche are clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2021 10:10 PM

Jealous little fucker, that Haz

“MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry could "make even more headline-grabbing claims against the Royal Family" if Prince William is sent on a US tour to woo Joe Biden, a royal commentator told Express.co.uk.”

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2021 10:48 PM

I knew Prince Louis reminded me of someone. What a character he is. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 18, 2021 1:07 PM

"if Prince William is sent on a US tour to woo Joe Biden,"

Then Prince William and other members of the BRF should just stay home in their palaces or country houses as I do not think Joe Biden is capable of being wooed.

by Anonymousreply 128June 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Puff PR on top of faked numbers, WHO is paying the Sunshine Shite bills?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 18, 2021 1:48 PM

Now THIS story is believable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 18, 2021 1:54 PM

Biden invited the Queen last week, but as she no longer travels internationally, it was understood a senior royal would take her place, probably William and Kate, hence the Markle hissy fit.

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2021 2:14 PM

Is Kate trying to tell US something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2021 2:58 PM

Kate's luscious locks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 18, 2021 3:02 PM

So many missing posts, does the KGT/Sunshine Sucks poster get a bonus per post with it being a US fed holiday?

by Anonymousreply 134June 18, 2021 3:06 PM

Biden “wooed” - oh boy do I have a quip. (Don’t say it, don’t say it…)

by Anonymousreply 135June 18, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]Biden invited the Queen last week, but as she no longer travels internationally, it was understood a senior royal would take her place, probably William and Kate, hence the Markle hissy fit.

Almost certainly. For an international relationship like the one between the UK and the US, it would almost have to be someone in the direct line of succession, and the popularity of William and Kate far exceeds that of Charles and Camilla. Add to that the friendship between William and Kate and the Obamas, and it's hard to imagine it being anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 136June 18, 2021 4:06 PM

I would like to see Will and Kate on a state visit to the US with a big state dinner at the White House. It would be a great opportunity for Biden to invite the Obamas and to ensure that Nutmeg's head explodes.

by Anonymousreply 137June 18, 2021 4:12 PM

Imagine the tantrums and stunts coming out of Montecito if the Cambridges visit the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 138June 18, 2021 4:12 PM

They have already started the threats, R138.

by Anonymousreply 139June 18, 2021 4:21 PM

R133 She looks fabulous. Eat your heart out, Meghan: she's got the hair, the height, the waist, the legs, the taller handsomer richer hubby with the A list prospects . . . And the polls.

June is Pride month. I have no doubt Kate is discreetly telling us some.

Good on you. Kate, and on this project.

by Anonymousreply 140June 18, 2021 4:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2021 6:33 PM

Amazing her hair looks like that in the rain.

Very good cause. Only the mentally unbalanced would be opposed or critical.

by Anonymousreply 142June 18, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Other conversations followed the first one and it became 'a much bigger issue' because Harry and Meghan suspected it was 'not just this one person' who was worried about how dark Archie's skin would be, he said.

At this point they need to put up or shut up. Name the person or persons and detail the exact nature and terms of the alleged conversation. Otherwise they're just desperately trolling for attention.

The BRF was never worried about how dark Archie's skin would be. They welcomed Meghan, they knew her and Harry's children could be any shade of lily white to light brown (there was little to no chance their offspring would be any darker than that). They were worried about looney Meghan's potential EXPLIOITATION of racism claims about her children, when the going got tough for her or she didn't get what she wanted. And Harry's numbskull buy-in of same claims.

And they were right to be worried, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 143June 18, 2021 6:46 PM

So they "suspected" it was more than one or they knew for sure? They seem to just be making this up as they go along. Of course they aren't going to name name now that the BRF has been given permission to refute their lies.

by Anonymousreply 144June 18, 2021 7:02 PM

R141 - Why do you care if the Sussexes, or anyone for that matter, goes to the UK for a visit or vacation?

by Anonymousreply 145June 18, 2021 7:30 PM

Wtf r145? who said anything about caring about a UK vacation. They can go wherever the hell they want.

It will be an international incident at this point if they show up on UK soil though. The general UK public have soured on them, and I can't imagine what their mood is now after these latest revelations/accusations. Personally, I'd like to see the fireworks that would go off if they showed.

by Anonymousreply 146June 18, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote] June is Pride month. I have no doubt Kate is discreetly telling us some.

That was my initial thought too but remember that last year rainbow colors became the symbol of the nation's gratitude to the NHS and it's become sort of a logo for the NHS too.

by Anonymousreply 147June 18, 2021 8:45 PM

Rainbow badges have become popular and represent support for the NHS.

by Anonymousreply 148June 18, 2021 8:51 PM

IS Obie hinting that William and possibly Kate made the remarks about skin color? Obie takes William to task for not condemning racism after he said his family wasn't racist. How long is this going to go on, meaning "truth bombs " and remarks from the Sussex camp directed at the BRF, in particular at Charles, William and Kate?

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2021 9:23 PM

There have been threats made re: more "truth bombs" and interviews if the Cambridges to to the US on an official visit, R149.

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2021 9:54 PM

Do those two dimwits really think they can influence who comes on a state visit?

by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2021 10:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2021 11:30 PM

“Official visit”, yes - “State visit”, no.

State visits are from the Head of State of one country to another country.

The Cambridges are a couple of deaths away from that, yet.

Although it would be fun to see the Sunshine Sachs information bombardment should Will and Kate pop over to Washington for an official visit. And a visit to California, feted by movie stars, would be unlikely but hugely entertaining for the almost certain Montecito melt-down!

by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2021 11:52 PM

Remember the last visit to LA?

She looked amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2021 12:01 AM

That dress usually photographs as white but it is in fact a very pale lavender. It's spectacular on her.

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2021 12:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2021 1:25 AM

Times article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2021 1:31 AM

Anyone have access to The Times? Most of it is paywalled. I think the book has been out for a while. Still, the article seems significant.

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2021 1:37 AM

Times article. It's a goddamned doozy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2021 2:02 AM

Thanks so much, R159!

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2021 2:30 AM

Yep, R159, the gloves are definitely off. These two idiots are possibly realising that they’ve bitten off more than they can chew.

I know that it’s largely fiction, but in this case, “The Crown always wins”.

by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2021 2:56 AM

“Narcissist and sociopath”

Hot damn!

It’s nothing we didn’t know, but in The Times!

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2021 6:16 AM

I know, R162, it is shocking and validating, all at once.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2021 6:47 AM

FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2021 Blind Item #13 This A list country singer/frequent commercial actor and his actress wife turned down an invite to the alliterate one's house. They didn't want to end up pawns in her game is what they told friends.

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2021 6:57 AM

R164 If true, that's a quandary. If you're a celeb, do you go to their house? I think if you're A list, you have to consider carefully, because you know they're going to put it out there. Otherwise, I'd definitely go, for the story!

And if the gossip in that Times article is true, Meghan amazes me. I just can't imagine the balls it takes to win the motherfucking lottery of all time, then go in and throw your weight around. So embarrassing and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2021 12:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2021 1:10 PM

R166 Horrible trauma. Choked up a little reading that. Hope the poor girl didn't feel or realize much.

by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2021 2:17 PM

Important to remember her, the person,, R166, despite MEMEMEMEMEME's attempts to make it all about HER.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2021 2:21 PM

Anyone who treats the help badly is trash. William immediately knew that.

by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2021 2:52 PM

Watching Shapalov v Norrie at Queens, two hot guys. Shapalov is on his face having his bum firmly groped by a physio at the moment, due to a muscle spasm.

by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2021 3:02 PM

Er, wrong threads obvs - sorry!

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2021 3:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2021 3:07 PM

From R159:

[quote]As early as 2017, around the time of the couple’s engagement, according to a subsequent report in The Times, a senior aide had spoken to the couple about the difficulties caused by their treatment of staff. “It’s not my job to coddle people,” Meghan was said to have replied.

What a brat! Imagine starting a new job and behaving like that. And she wasn’t even the boss.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2021 3:59 PM

Lady C today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2021 4:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2021 4:17 PM

HG Tudor's take on The Times piece, if he touches it, could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2021 4:17 PM

Ok, I need to know. What kind of money can you actually make off these Youtube channels? Seems some are diligently trying to build followings.

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2021 5:10 PM

A cute story about a young Prince William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2021 5:30 PM

R178 well, there’s our next kid’s name sorted. It even rhymes with mine!

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2021 6:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2021 9:34 PM

What big story is The Telegraph going to be handed, I wonder? What a weekend.

Welp, brought it on themselves. Telling the wife of the Governor General in Oz "Fuck you! Don't you know who I am!" did not indicate a winning way with people.

That does explain "we've lost everything." But, in large part, due to their actions.

So after the Granny killed Mummmy! film and reality tv, where will the Narkle circus go?

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2021 9:42 PM

SA at r180: I've been posting about Charles's long-standing intentions to slim down the monarchy for years, here at DL and elsewhere. He's long wanted fewer HRHs and Prince/Princesses, and fewer working family members on the public purse. He was one of the driving forces behind the decision to style the Wessex children and children of a Earl.

Harry has long know of his father's plans, and for a long while was fine with it. Until Meghan came along.

I said here many times that the driving force behind her rage, the Oprah debacle and her hazy accusations of racism (directed mainly at Charles and William, natch) was this plan.

I'm thrilled the palace is finally coming out with confirmation of these plans - they should have done it a long time ago, when the Sussexes were first married.

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2021 10:14 PM

In order for Charles to keep Harry's children from becoming HRHs upon his ascension to the throne, Charles will have to issue Letters Patent to that effect. Which, of course, will stir the pot even more and engender more screams of racism. The sensible thing would be for the Queen to issue those Letters now and spare Charles opening his reign with another Harkle fracas. She doesn't have to mention anyone by name, just state that she is amending the Royal Marriages Act so that, beginning with the Prince of Wales' grandchildren, only the children of direct heirs are entitled to the style and title of HRH, which will continue only through the grandchildren of direct heirs.

Leaving it to Charles would be to undermine the very thing she's hoping to preserve.

The likelihood would be Harry's immediate surrender of his own title. If my children aren't good enough, neither am I! And that will be that.

Anyway, the DM don't know shit. This is just more endless stirring of the pot. Those rumours about "slimming down the monarchy" have been floating around for 20 years. Charles, meanwhile, has never uttered a single word in public about it.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2021 10:49 PM

I do not think she will allow him to surrender his title in a fit of pique, R183. It is the basis for what they do have to monetize.

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2021 11:00 PM

Social equivalent to climate change

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2021 11:01 PM

r182 Oh I totally get it and agree! I seem to remember the royal family forming something called the way ahead group or project in the early 1990s to make long term plans for the future of the monarchy and slimming it down in some way. Its just good at last to have it basically confirmed that this was the issue and not the malicious fiction the Harkles came out with.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2021 12:03 AM

The Cambridges have the "it" factor. Markle does not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Another thread gone due to Sunshine Sucks posts. Anyone see what happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2021 2:02 AM

Someone said they were on it at the end and nothing unusual. This is another BIG deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2021 2:13 AM

There are a lot of rumors suggesting this is the real reason they left

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2021 2:23 AM

More, this has been out there for a while

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2021 2:24 AM

It did seem abrupt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2021 2:25 AM

This should be on every thread. What is it they say about a picture?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2021 2:28 AM

Who is this Luca fella receiving leaks from the palace.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2021 2:36 AM

They are always bringing up Australia. When Megs ditched the market event it was to go on an outing with chum Jessica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2021 2:37 AM

The forensic audit rumors have been out there a LONG time. Harry even had 1/2 the money for the Diana statue transferred to him. All quite suss and being looked into.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2021 2:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2021 2:43 AM

Missing money has been brought up for years now.

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2021 2:44 AM

I must have blinked. I hadn't read anything about missing monies. Just speculation that she was getting designer freebies through Jessica Mulroney and sending the bill to Charles while either returning or selling the clothes. Just indirect theft and fraud.

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2021 2:54 AM

The talk has been out there. That was one theory as to the abrupt split, to distance themselves from possible malfeasance. It has been more discussed in blog posts, etc, still not "public" news in the press. You can read between the lines a bit at the link as to some of the ways money might have been concealed. More will likely come out in time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2021 3:02 AM

Travalyst was not looked at by the Charity Commission as it is not a charity.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2021 3:09 AM

The Cambridge Father's Day message - everyone is included except....you know who.

Even dead grandpa Prince Philip gets a photo call out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2021 12:13 PM

Charles did have Harry in a photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2021 12:15 PM

R202 - the unseen photo of William and his three children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2021 12:24 PM

And Prince George isn't gay...

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2021 1:00 PM

Will with George and Charlotte today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2021 3:12 PM

George already looked bored AF

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Happy Father’s Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2021 7:15 PM

R206 Will looks fine in the other shots from today but that one you posted is terrible!

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2021 11:10 PM

Hothead Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2021 12:28 AM

R204, that photo was included in today's DM article with the newly released Father's Day photos. It certainly makes you look, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2021 12:36 AM

And don't forget, his informing the family of the interview put his grandfather in the hospital w/in a day with heart issues.

by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2021 12:38 AM

It was obvious that the honorary military ranks meant a lot to him. Navy and RAF were nice cosplay,but the "I can pretend I was a Royal Marine!" was extremely important for his future life in the USA.

One of those million podcasts he did referred to him as a former marine..he never was but it really suits his narrative as Hero Harry with his new audience in America.

by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2021 12:54 AM

Were they planning on using his military titles to grift service members?

by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2021 1:03 AM

The Sun has come right out

Entitled pair

WHAT did petulant Prince Harry expect when he quit the Royal Family?

His honorary military titles came with the job.

And if he and Meghan now lose their Royal ones too — as they should, imminently — they cannot complain.

It will be essential if the Monarchy is to be slimmed down, as Prince Charles intends and the public wants.

Besides, a clean break is best both for the Californian capers and the Palace.

Meghan despises the institution.

Harry does now too.

Do they really want any connection to it?

They certainly don’t deserve it after their Oprah tantrum.

Why do they still need to be “Duke and Duchess” or raise Archie as a prince?

Aren’t their incredible woke insights, creative genius and boundless compassion saleable enough on their own?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2021 1:04 AM

He is already making monetizing the IG for his own benefit, no?

by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2021 1:04 AM

I actually think they want to bring down the BRF and a hidden hand seems likely, they do not have this kind of money to be splashing out multimillions on PR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2021 1:08 AM

They hired Nick Clegg's former aide? Do they understand that Nick Clegg is a complete failure in British politics?

As in, a LEGENDARILY complete failure in British politics?

by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2021 8:30 AM

The BRF is manifestly not going anywhere, with the Harkles' inept PR games. Whoever is funding them is just throwing money away at this point. Surely the penny would drop by now?

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2021 9:43 AM

That interview was in the planning stages from the wedding onward, as was the mental health series. The moment it became clear that Meghan was in the door, Oprah had the new duchess in her sights.

The interview had been taped, the Palace not informed, ITV leaked that the interview was about to run, and instantly TQ stripped the military shot and the royal patronages. In fact, only two totally delusional people would have expected hold on to those things.

Then they reaped segments of the show so Harry could get more of his angry rocks off.

And the interview ended up backfiring on them. Their polls got worse, not better.

Robert Lacey today is right: Charles really can't do anything to stop Harry's kids from becoming HRHs the moment the Queen dies. He'd have to issue Letters Patent after he becomes King, which means taking away something the kids already have, not preventing them from ever getting it, which will look worse.

It should be obvious to the Palace by now that the time for dithering has passed. The Queen is 95. To prevent Charles from having to de ac l with this the moment his reign opens, SHE has GOT to take Harry's ducal title back AND issue those Letters Patent amending the Titles Act to restrict the style and title of HRH/Prince/Princess only to the children of direct heirs.

The Harkles have taken the slash and burn road, anyway. Why wait or make any further pretence about the status of things?

The two ingrates have already made her case for moving on this. At her age, waiting for the Platinum Jubilee is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2021 10:03 AM

Robert Lacey (he of this week's revelations) first shopped this book as a pro-Meghan screed against William. Apparently William knew that Lacey's main sources for the book were Harry, Meghan and their coterie, and so when Lacey sent the manuscript to Kensington Palace for "objections and corrections", KP sent Lacey's package back unopened.....and now just LOOK at what a difference one year makes

Now that this same formerly pro-Meghan screed is being re-published in paperback a year later, it's being published with "significant edits".

Edits which make it pro-William.

Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2021 10:22 AM

Lacey is wrong in his postings today, re the ability of the children to "choose" to use HRH when they turn 18. Either the Wessex kids or the Sussexes.

All HRH and other honors spring from the will of the sitting monarch. Full stop. There is no 'Legal right' to an HRH or a title. The sitting King/Queen can allow the current LP of 1917 to stand, or they can amend it at anytime, for any reason. They can also issue a new specific LP, governing titles of specific people or cases, as they see fit. They can also simply make their wishes known, either be written or verbal statement, re these areas, and that is sufficient (although some have argued not as binding).

Louise Wessex - as an example - cannot simply wake up at age 18 and start calling herself HRH Princess Louise of Wessex. Her grandmother, or her uncle Charles, would have to allow this and agree to it, either publicly or privately by direct discussion with her.

by Anonymousreply 222June 21, 2021 12:31 PM

R221 - Since the previous edition appeared to blame all Harry's problems on his brother, just two years older than he, for all Harry's problems, the edit was not only more honest, but required.

Lacey let the Harkles off remarkably easy and seemed to imply that a slightly older teenaged brother should have functioned as Harry's parent. Lacey skimmed over the insulting behaviour of Meghan, particularly, to the institution for which she exhibited naked contempt. At the time he was writing the earlier edition, Lacey probably wasn't too sure which way the wind was blowing.

With the fallout of the Oprah interview as Philip lay dying, H&M's outrageous treatment of a grieving widow and family, the polls in Britain showing overwhelming support for the monarchy, the Queen, and the Cambridges, whilst the Sussexes's polls keep falling, and, lastly, what I am assuming is very good behind the scenes scuttlebutt that that bullying story is 1) legitimate, and 2) is going to damage Meghan's name considerably, Lacey probably figured he should gently lower the Sussex sail, and stealthily raise the Windsor/Cambridge sail.

Lacey does say that Meghan was right to call foul re the titles, but he's spitting in the wind. No one is entitled to anything - Archie wasn't entitled to an HRH at birth, as Harry well knew, and their behaviour toward the very institution whose brand they want to keep makes the Queen's case for depriving them of any further status from it.

The monarch is the "fount of all honour". She has the right to remove the possibility of HRHs for two kids who are 7th and 8th in line, are being raised as Americans, and whose parents who not only aren't working for the monarchy, but are actively engaged in damaging it because they don't think it gave them quite enough.

They are finished, done, out, toast. I'd be willing to lay evens that Harry ditches the unveiling, or if he does attend, the affair is strictly private with NO press allowed at all, so they can uncover the statue and end the farce.

And if Charles has the sense of a goat, he'll petition the Queen to reorder the succession so that he steps out of the line of fire, the Sussex kids have no hope of the HRH, and his far more popular son and daughter-in-law take over when the Queen is raptured and no Letters Patent have to be issued causing yet another fracas.

I know it bites for Charles, but he should have to pay a price for the bride he chose and who passed on her mental instability and narcissism to his younger son, and for the monarchy's usual failure to hold rogue members accountable for their actions until after the horse is in the next county.

It's time to pay the Piper -for both Charles and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 223June 21, 2021 12:52 PM

[quote] if Charles has the sense of a goat, he'll petition the Queen to reorder the succession so that he steps out of the line of fire, the Sussex kids have no hope of the HRH

This is crazy talk.

by Anonymousreply 224June 21, 2021 1:24 PM

Can the Queen make the necessary changes in her will, "for reasons well known to them"?

by Anonymousreply 225June 21, 2021 1:54 PM

It’s the “Charles should step aside” troll R223!

We’ve missed you! Been on summer hols, pet?

by Anonymousreply 226June 21, 2021 2:18 PM

I think there is a 99.999999999999999% chance Charles will be king. The Queen must issue Letter Patent while she is still alive if changing things is the goal. For Charles to be seen as "taking something they have suddenly acquired, away" will not be a good start to his reign. After his actions, Harry should be removed from the line of succession. Some of this would require Parliment to act, it is all a bit messy.

by Anonymousreply 227June 21, 2021 2:22 PM

The Oz press is going hard, guess those stories from Admiralty House are likely true as well, huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 22, 2021 2:17 PM

Latest video from Lady Colin Campbell and it seems that the malicious pair are determined to bulky and pressurise Prince Charles into giving their kids the titles of Prince and Princess. I can see sometime soon the Queen just low key amending the rules again to only direct heirs and just ending the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2021 3:58 PM

r230 Bully not bulky!!😁 I think everyone in top tier politics and government can now see the oxygen of their motivation is mainly these titles and not genuine grievances like racism. 12 months from now they will be an irrelevant joke and deep down I think this is their biggest fear.

by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2021 4:02 PM

How will they make money? They have made themselves social and professional pariahs. Where will the millions in PR costs and the salaries for their team of 7 direct PR hires come from? What is the actual GOAL of all of this? I think it goes beyond the titles, ymmv.

by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2021 4:06 PM

r232 Whatever it is it is doomed to fail and poorly thought through. They have staked nearly all of their bets on the wrong things. The main trap for them is that they seem to crave a lifestyle on the highest stratosphere that they cannot maintain or keep up with yet they will not relinquish or adjust their expectations it seems.

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2021 4:09 PM

r232 Also they are so obviously unlikeable, disliked and dishonest that they will not have the power or heft to take down the monarchy or destroy any of its members ability to move into the future role of monarch. If that's their game their doomed to fail.

by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2021 4:12 PM

The PR team may even have been ramped UP recently. What is the goal? No positive consistent brand building and they have not done the minimal work required by the Spotify contract. What goal is consistent with their actions and inactions? They are clearly threatening Charles, Scobie implied that the latest round of racist mud slinging was linked to a "future head of state." They can certainly do damage.

by Anonymousreply 235June 22, 2021 4:14 PM

According to Lady C, they want money and titles for the kids.

I keep thinking about Prince Philip's funeral and the last bugle call.

"Action Stations".

Could it be that Prince Philip,m before he died, had given some death bed advice to his wife and son and elder Cambridge grandson to take action against what is clearly a threat and the bugle call acted as an order to proceed?

The idea that was expressed in one of the recent links was that the Palace was waiting until after the new baby was born before firing back. It would have looked very bad to do so before the birth.

Could it be time for "ACTION STATIONS"?

by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2021 4:22 PM

r236 But being royal is a terrible burden according to Harry so why do they want royal titles for their children?? If we take them at face value they make zero sense. No consistency at all.

by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2021 4:54 PM

The inconsistencies are a common SS PR tactic to keep people endlessly talking and posting about their clients. It is quite effective.

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2021 4:55 PM

r236 Also what happened about them wanting financial independence? Harry inherited a lot of money from his mum. More money than most people ever have in the West never mind anywhere else. Of he's squandered that or thinks he wants a life that's even more expensive that's his responsibility not the royal familys.

by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2021 4:56 PM

For the poster who objects to Lady C's voice, I listened to her book with a free Audible trial. She is not the narrator. A lot of what she wrote has been borne out by subsequent events.

by Anonymousreply 240June 22, 2021 4:57 PM

R239, see R238.

by Anonymousreply 241June 22, 2021 4:58 PM

r238 But publicity and to be talked about more to what end?? It only seems to ultimately achieve them becoming more unpopular, more disliked, distrusted and disbelieved.

by Anonymousreply 242June 22, 2021 5:43 PM

I think they seem to be aiming for notorious and threatening. For those that barely pay attention, O1, O2 and O3 likely had some impact.

by Anonymousreply 243June 22, 2021 5:56 PM

For those yet to clue in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 22, 2021 7:51 PM

^ link R244

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 22, 2021 7:51 PM

She doesn't gaf. He was a mark and that is all. They were told before they were booted out of the UK that Archie would not be getting a title. Since then she has tried blackmail, a shakedown, the race card, and she still is. She has been in a narc rage because of those titles, the status symbol security, Catherine. But she has been ready to move on and can't without those titles because she wants the merch money. Trf have ghosted her. She does the ghosting, no one has ever ghosted her! LoL! Idk what will happen, but trf are fighting back and I bet they have quite a lot on her and her grifting past.

by Anonymousreply 246June 22, 2021 8:14 PM

Grey rocking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 22, 2021 9:17 PM

True or not, and with a narc, who knows, but I LOVE that this story is out there. They are making themselves RADIOACTIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2021 9:19 PM

This is my fist time posting about Meghan and Harry cause I really didn't care that much about it, but there are threads about them all over DL. I am not a big fan of the royal family. I honestly don't get what their role is, but I openly admit I'm an "ignorant American" who doesn't know much about other countries. So when I heard details about the interview with Oprah I basically thought "yeah, that seems plausible." Of course now a months later, it is so apparent these two are nothing by grifters and that they're likely terrible people. Tons of former staff at the Palace are coming forward, and even in California they can't keep staff on for long. I don't really care what happens to them or the royal family but it annoys me beyond words that she is being given a free pass because she's biracial. That is the only reason. The woke crowd would go after any white man who had the same stories of bullying surrounding him. The same thing with Ellen. There were stories for years about what a truly horrible person she is and yet because she's a lesbian people defended her endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2021 9:52 PM

The Palace DID protect her, that is a big part of the issue, they did NOT protect their employees from her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2021 9:53 PM

R250 This is just a ploy by her to try and see the report before any details of it are leaked out. Basically try to get ahead of the story and spin it.

by Anonymousreply 251June 22, 2021 9:59 PM

The fact that she and "H" lost one employee every three months, some of whom had been working for the family for many years prior to her arrival, speaks volumes. It's obvious that she was indeed making the employees' lives unbearable

It's also obvious that the Palace was not protecting the employees. This is especially odd since the Palace has a longstanding reputation as being a great place to work (though the jobs are woefully underpaid) with a strong family atmosphere among the staff across the various areas. For example, even acid-tongue Philip's personal staff stayed with him for decades with no one leaving. When his Private Secretary finally retired (something like 10+ years ago), he then came back into the office the following month to 'assist the transition' and then apparently never left after that, just kept on showing up and helping out, because he loved the job and the people there so much.

The situation as a whole clearly indicates that the Palace bent over backwards not to offend or to disagree with Meghan, to the point where they were willing to depart from their long-standing practice of protecting their employees from abusive behavior (ex: the time that rude Andrew hollered at one and Charles himself intervened to tear strips off Andrew, resulting in the brothers not speaking for six months).

What we know of the situation taken as a whole strongly points to Meghan being not just a bully, but a particularly vicious bully. She can spin all she likes, but there is a LOT of evidence that she was doing something seriously wrong there. The sky-high turnover rate alone tells the tale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 22, 2021 10:22 PM

R251- She wants that list to intimidate the victims. That is what this looks like.

by Anonymousreply 253June 22, 2021 10:27 PM

She has no right to it, it is an internal investigation into the HR policies and procedures.

by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2021 10:35 PM

Has anyone here ever met Markus? What role is he playing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2021 12:08 AM

So apparently Amazon is blocking people from reviewing Meghan's book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2021 2:50 AM

R256– Bezos probably wants to fuck her so…

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2021 4:20 AM

R257 If Bezo show any interest in her, she would leave Harry in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2021 4:23 AM

She'd dump Harry and those kids in a second for Bezos. Until she saw the prenup she had to sign.

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2021 4:26 AM

Did the thread on the AN appeal get deleted? Anyway, big news on that front this am.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2021 2:11 PM

Impudent Negress circle jerk thread #2,355,295.

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2021 2:53 PM

You sound like the sort of person who would support the sending of this death threat on behalf of your white-passing Duchess, r261.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2021 4:48 PM

R261- MM trying to get the thread deleted, that is what that post is. I can't wait for SS to get markled.

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2021 7:06 PM

R261 is the KGT trying to get another thread deleted. Block and do not engage. No point in helping SS do their work in bullying this board and most of us would never see their posts but for people replying. Once they get back and forths going the thread is at risk for getting closed or deleted, it is one of their strategies.

by Anonymousreply 264June 23, 2021 7:23 PM

R264- Done. FF and blocked. My ignore list gets longer everyday.

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2021 8:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 24, 2021 1:59 AM

The latest from Lady Colin Campbell and it looks delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 24, 2021 5:23 PM

Look who has an agenda and is exploiting her relentlessly now...sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 25, 2021 2:52 AM

Always angry about something, ever since he was a little boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 25, 2021 3:40 AM

r269 Such an angry ego he has. He doesnt object to the pecking order when he can take priority over Anne ,Edward ,Sophie ,Beatrice etc. A hypocritical manchild.

by Anonymousreply 270June 26, 2021 1:15 AM

The latest from River! A divine treat as usual I am sure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 26, 2021 5:49 PM

^^^^ "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's Murder She Wrote!" Holy shit I love River.

by Anonymousreply 272June 26, 2021 7:26 PM

r272 He certainly has a wonderful and unique way with words!!

by Anonymousreply 273June 27, 2021 1:10 PM

I find it very unlikely that the Queen would break the quarantine rules to visit Harry, risking her health and also flouting the law.

by Anonymousreply 274June 27, 2021 3:25 PM

Harry is required to quarantine even if vaxxed, the US is on the amber list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 27, 2021 3:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 27, 2021 5:05 PM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 27, 2021 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!