Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Mulaney DIVORCES Anna: “I am heartbroken John has decided to end our marriage,” sez jilted wife

It’s because he discovered the mens, isn’t it.

I’m worried for Petunia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 14, 2021 7:28 PM

Oooooooh, a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2021 9:39 PM

"Discovered" men? I'm sure he's had more dick than a bottom in the Navy!

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2021 9:39 PM

Am I the only person whose never heard of him before?

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Not sure who this guy is, but hope the wife does ok.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2021 9:44 PM

If John Mulaney gets divorced who gets to keep the cocaine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2021 9:47 PM

We called this divorce months ago

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2021 9:49 PM

According to the Meth thread, just wave a packet of drugs in front of him and he’ll be ducking your dick in 5 min flat. We all know he can’t afford to pay his dealers.

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2021 9:51 PM

R5, she deleted that tweet

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] We called this divorce months ago

R6, we? I didn't speculate. Your "we' is not accurate.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2021 9:53 PM

Not surprising. They have been separated since last summer.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2021 9:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2021 9:59 PM

ANNA MARIE SEZ “BEAT IT, BOZO!”

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2021 9:59 PM

He could never get over the fact that Ben Affleck groped Anna’s ass and not his.

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2021 10:00 PM

Sorry but the fact that she wasted no time at all posting this ("Poor me!") says a lot about her - and why she was likely the source of many of his issues.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2021 10:00 PM

The divorce is not surprising but Anna’s statement is. Almost totally unheard of divorce statement in celebrity land.

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2021 10:00 PM

Holy shit. You all weren’t kidding about Colton, were you?

by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2021 10:02 PM

What METH thread?

by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Who here has had him?

by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Yes, she seems quite the drama queen with that statement.

Apparently John admired her brash personality, but you know what they say about opposites attracting.

by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote] Sorry but the fact that she wasted no time at all posting this ("Poor me!") says a lot about her - and why she was likely the source of many of his issues.

She didn't post it

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote] Am I the only person whose never heard of him before?

He's not hugely known, but he is more than just a reality TV contestant or a TikTok star.

He's hosted SNL more than once (and he was a major writer for them for years and years), and he's done some shows with Netflix, most notably "Documentary Now!" (he is hilarious as a Stephen Sondheim-like control freak in their parody of the documentary "Original Cast Album: Company"), and he won an Emmy for his comedy special with them called "Kid Gorgeous."

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2021 10:06 PM

The statement from her is so unusual that it struck me, when I first heard it, as a preemptive face-saving because he is going to announce he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2021 10:10 PM

Well, he IS gay.

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2021 10:11 PM

She looks like how I always imagined Maris Crane (before the writers of "Frasier" made the stupid decision to make the character fat instead of anorexic).

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2021 10:55 PM

No one who says "going down on a 'rockin' twink" is an authentic gay male.

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2021 11:46 PM

I'd feel horrible if my husband went to rehab, got sober, and decided to divorce me.

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2021 11:50 PM

R26 - it happens all the time. They need a 'fresh start' and don't want to deal with the shit they caused. Or she's a nightmare. Both could be true.

All she does is spend his money, right? Didn't she have some daft creative job making etsy shit or something?

Good thing there were no kids.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2021 11:57 PM

His first post-rehab standup show starts in three minutes.

No one is allowed to have phones during the show, but we should know the crux of the content later tonight.

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2021 11:58 PM

The Page Six article says he asked for the divorce 3 months ago which would be right after he got out of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2021 12:05 AM

[Quote]"Discovered" men? I'm sure he's had more dick than a bottom in the Navy!

Speaking of which ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2021 12:13 AM

In rehab, they tell you not to make any huge life changes for a year, if at all possible, because it's already such an enormous undertaking to get and stay sober, and you'll change a lot during that time. Something that seems like the best decision now will seem utterly preposterous to you 6 or 9 months down the road.

So the fact that he asked for a divorce the second he was done with rehab speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2021 12:21 AM

Maybe he was guilt-ridden because he was deceiving her (about being gay.)

Or maybe she’s just a nightmare.

From how he describes their relationship dynamics, it seems like she latched into him and then princessed her way through life. That’s a lot of pressure for a guy who’s already sensitive and anxious.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2021 12:25 AM

Not true at all R31. That's the king of nonsense they preach in AA. In medical model REHAB they encourage people to avoid or cut all ties with anyone who threatens your sobriety.

Their marriage must have been over in some way. Still it's embarrassing for her.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2021 12:27 AM

I’m a fan of Mulaney but he’s a mess

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Oh god, yes. He is a mess. But I never found him interesting until he went to rehab.

What kind of childhood produces his personality type?

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2021 12:31 AM

R3 You made me feel better. I have no idea who he is. There are an octillion "celebrities" running around these days.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2021 12:31 AM

It's always the children who are the real victims of divorce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2021 12:31 AM

I know a lot of Catholic closeted types. They always go for these super feminine, princess type beards. Trophy wives, I guess. Like it’s a status symbol if your wife doesn’t really do anything. It seems so regressive. Or maybe masochistic.

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2021 12:35 AM

I remember a poster said that John Mulaney instead of Jim Parsons should have played Michael in the Boys in the Band remake and it seemed so… accurate.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2021 12:38 AM

Where do all the empty booze calories go? He’s so thin.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2021 12:41 AM

Maybe he met someone in rehab.

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2021 12:42 AM

What was the tweet?

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote]What kind of childhood produces his personality type?

His father was a lawyer. His mom was a professor.

And from his routine in Kid Gorgeous he told this "story" about his father.

[quote]I was like 12 years old and my dad walked up to me and he said, “Hello. Hello, I’m Chip Mulaney, your father.” And he said the following: “You know Leonard Bernstein was one of the great composers and conductors of the 20th century, but sometimes, he would be gay. And according to a biography I read of him, when he was holding back the gay part, he did some of his best work.” Now, we don’t have time to unpack all of that. I don’t know if he was discouraging me from being gay or encouraging me to be a classical composer, but that is how he thought to phrase it to a 12-year-old boy. How would that ever work? Like, years later, I’d be in college, about to go down on some rockin’ twink and I’d be like, “Wait a second. What would Leonard Bernstein do?” I never talked to my dad about that, but I figured I’d tell all of you.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2021 12:49 AM

He's afraid of going to hell AND not being able to pull good dick.

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Link to meth thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2021 12:53 AM

He is so damn cute.

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2021 12:54 AM

Not surprised at all. She was a ball-busting, obnoxious Jewess who drove him crazy. Think Susie on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2021 12:54 AM

I still think he and Seth Meyers are in the closet

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2021 12:55 AM

What’s that Lassie, he’s gotta weakness for the mushroom tip? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2021 12:57 AM

The missus deleted her IG days before his stint in rehab.

It’s back up now but all traces of John are gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2021 1:05 AM

R40, he's also said that he "loves cocaine"

People always say they went to rehab for drinking, but about 60% of the time, it's really because of drugs. And when celebrities say it, it's because they were using hard drugs

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2021 1:06 AM

I don't know who these people are, but suddenly I'm mildly fascinated with their divorce story. I saw the wife described as a "lampshade artisan" so I went to her site. Some Victorian-style creations, not bad, and some jewelry. Everything was high-priced or sold out. Will that change now?

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote]Where do all the empty booze calories go? He’s so thin.

Not all alcoholics get puffy and bloated, some are really thin.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2021 1:08 AM

She did nothing but sit on her ass and spend his $$$ and act like a Manhattan Princess. Problem was he didn't have a lot of $$$ as far as that echelon goes. He wasn't Jerry Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2021 1:09 AM

Where do all the empty booze calories go? He’s so thin. Not all alcoholics get puffy and bloated, some are really thin.

He was probably skiing in the men's room to keep the weight off.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2021 1:10 AM

Joan Crawford guzzled vodka day and night and she was always slim. Paul Newman was totally addicted to beer for decades and he was always slim as well.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2021 1:11 AM

John has five videos on Netflix. The first three are Kid Gorgeous, New in Town, and The Comeback Kid.

If you like those, then watch Oh, Hello and The Sack Lunch Bunch.

by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2021 1:14 AM

I have only seen his bits pretending to be Ice T on SVU. He’s funny.

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2021 1:14 AM

The writing was on the wall from day one. And for the record, DL called the end of their marriage MONTHS ago.

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2021 1:15 AM

He's funny. But decidedly homely and weird. He's been an addict since he was 12 years old. How is this his wife's fault?

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2021 1:16 AM

R55, he has said that he’s on Wellbutrin which does have the weird ability to cause most people to lose weight since it’s basically like doing speed. It’s for anxiety and depression.

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2021 1:16 AM

"My doctor puts both hands on my shoulders when he gives me a prostate exam, to comfort me. He's a great doctor."

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2021 1:20 AM

Can confirm. I'm on Wellbutrin and often have to force myself to eat dinner.

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2021 1:20 AM

Shit, I need to get on Wellbutrin! I'm not even depressed.

by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2021 1:21 AM

He’s not gay. I wish, but he isn’t. If he was he’d be out

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2021 1:25 AM

He tells those 'story' jokes where you have to sit through 5 min. of build-up and then a so-so punchline.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2021 1:31 AM

r65 you'd be amazed at some of the people who aren't out. Mulaney has a big straight guy fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote]Joan Crawford guzzled vodka day and night

That was just uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2021 1:39 AM

But she did r68! She did!

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2021 1:40 AM

Mulaney was brilliant in the "Company Cast Album" Documentary Now parody. He did a spot-on piss-take of a pompous, pretentious theater type who always thinks he's right.

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2021 1:41 AM

I've often wondered how the hell Paul Newman put away a case of beer, then scotch, every day and stayed slim up to the end.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2021 1:43 AM

You all have me hollering. It’s funny how the most pedestrian threads do that.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2021 1:43 AM

I've decided that some people are just naturally thin. They can eat 3 Big Macs a day and a six pack of Pepsi and not gain an ounce.

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2021 1:45 AM

Anyone who doubts his brilliance needs to watch The Sack Lunch Bunch on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2021 1:56 AM

I think he is extremely talented and I like his dry wit. His 5 minute build-up and punchlines (which R66 disdains) are often brilliantly crafted. (Sometimes it takes a second to get it. See R62 as example.) It takes balls to do stand-up. Tough way to make a living. (Especially stone cold sober.) I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2021 1:58 AM

You see them eat 3 big macs r73, but what you don't see is that is literally the only thing they have eaten in two days. There is no magic. Calories in, calories out.

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2021 2:05 AM

I discovered Mulaney about a year ago watching old SNL skits. Though mainly a writer with a few appearances I find some of his writing hilarious and his work with Bill Hader priceless. Stefon is one of the all time great SNL characters. Hader is one of the very few comics who you really believe is breaking up on camera and you don't hate him for it like you do the cast of the Carol Burnett show.

I'm astounded that not everyone on DL knows who Stefon is (now that I think of it only a gay man could come up with some of those jokes.) Google him on youtube. Also wonderful is What's That Name. Did Mulaney also do The Californians? That's another one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2021 2:11 AM

R62's dick joke is an example of brilliant storytelling? Mulaney is aiite. But let's not throw around the world brilliant. He has a following. Not a tenth the size as Jim Gaffigans.

Chris Rock was a brilliant stand up comedian. Mulaney is quirky and clever. A lot of gay and musical theatre type comedy. A more low key Mario Cantone.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote]I'm astounded that not everyone on DL knows who Stefon is (now that I think of it only a gay man could come up with some of those jokes.)

Are you aware of how fucking old many of the queens on here are? We have threads on tv shows from 50 years ago that get hundreds of replies.

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2021 2:14 AM

One of my favorite pics of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2021 2:20 AM

Eat ass, suck a dick and sell drugs.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2021 2:23 AM

Could the dude possibly look more uncomfortable in that pic @ R80? I hope he gets the help he needs. Most comics are disturbed. He's a cold one though. A bit like Louis CK. There's a lot of hostility and anxiety in his funny "observations."

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2021 2:30 AM

Sack Lunch Bunch was a bit overstuffed but some of the wit was ACUTELY gay. Not just the subject matter, but the sensibility. It was like Datalounge was writing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] Mulaney is aiite.

Please leave this site.

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2021 2:42 AM

Sack Lunch Bunch is hilarious. Love the Jake Gyllenhaal ep.

BTW Jake is a PILL to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2021 2:42 AM

I ain't going nowhere R84. Finish your life and die - racist old white man.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2021 2:48 AM

Alcoholism is involved.

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2021 2:57 AM

An old never does his homework and cranks out "Mulaney is aiite."

R78, please see the attached chart for correct spelling and usage. And please don't ever attempt that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2021 2:57 AM

^ Don't correct me you ancient racist white f@g. Nah.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2021 3:01 AM

I'll actually be pissed if he comes out. Who the FUCK cares? The world does not need another heteronormative drama queen making her delayed coming out journey headline news, especially if he works the gay experience into his comedy routine. It's fucking exhausting and boring. He can continue to reap the benefits of having a straight incel fanbase for all I care, but after a certain point, coming out privileges should be revoked and the closet door locked from the outside.

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2021 3:02 AM

r86 = the lunatic "ancient white fags" troll

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2021 3:02 AM

"Heteronormatve?" Oh that's right, that's the word for a gay man who is just a regular, normal man and not a lisping, flaming every-stereotype-under-the-sun flaming queen aka the Frankie Grandes of the world.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote] Don't correct me you ancient racist white f@g.

I linked something I thought would understand, you fossil.

by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2021 3:04 AM

Stop being the ancient white RACIST fag and then you can die quietly. Or screaming. Who cares?

John Mulaney fans are all OLD white men who think he's cute? I guess he's an old super WHITE fag's idea of a "twink." Who knows - showtunes. Interesting psychology are always at play with the super elder racist posters of Datalounge. They're dying off. And everyone is grateful.🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2021 3:08 AM

R94 is the on-the-run Defarto. His accounts are all accumulating the four red numbers status. He is either sitting on a sidewalk in front of Staples for free internet or beating an innocent neighbor for their wifi password.

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2021 3:18 AM

I have an alcoholic friend that is thin AF, and actually looks great. He doesn’t eat meals, because he doesn’t want to get fat and knows that he is getting a lot of calories from the vodka. I have only seen him eat fruits, veggies, and a few bites of sushi, in the 15 years that we have been friends. I suspect that he may be doing coke as well, just because of the crowd he spends time with.

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2021 3:18 AM

Ooooo he dropped the W bomb!

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2021 3:19 AM

What is the W bomb?

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2021 3:21 AM

I've known a number of alkies who were skinny. They don't eat much, and many of them are also smokers and do coke.

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2021 3:31 AM

I just watched 3 of his stand up shows on Netflix tonight and he makes an awful lot of references to sucking dick and even one to eating ass.

Also a lot of pedo references.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2021 3:35 AM

John Mulaney's drug of choice is cocaine. How many times does he have to tell you? He's pretty ugly - regardless if he's thin or gets fat. He drinks a lot too. But not currently. So he's divorcing his wife and trying out new material. He's funny. But a bit sick. Like Louis C.K. He's revealing himself THROUGH his standup all the time. Interesting to see what he'll talk about now? It won't be that he's come out. Rehab jokes are never funny and don't suit his style. He's not a confessional stand up. He can talk about how Broadway closing down triggered his relapse.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2021 3:40 AM

He seems like such a geek. Hard to believe he's into all these hard drugs.

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2021 3:43 AM

r92 Man, you are duuumb. How old are you, 12?

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2021 3:46 AM

Truth hurts r103?

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2021 3:47 AM

Colton Haynes can be his gay guide?

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2021 3:47 AM

Is Reddit down or something?

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2021 3:51 AM

r104 Heteronormative actually means he's a gay man in straight face. So no, it doesn't hurt. It just means means you're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2021 4:01 AM

Heteronormative doesn't mean masculine, you dolts.

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2021 4:03 AM

In Drag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2021 4:07 AM

[Quote] For the record, DL called the end of their marriage MONTHS ago.

We did. We call so much stuff that it's amazing we don't have more lurkers from other media outlets spying here trying to get scoops. I know the fascist NY Post lurks here and have sent their troll army to spam certain threads, but beyond that, no evidence that anyone else knows of our existence.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote]Heteronormative actually means he's a gay man in straight face. So no, it doesn't hurt. It just means means you're stupid.

Not at all correct. Bordering on stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2021 4:10 AM

He was totally adorable on Dressing Funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2021 4:15 AM

Wrong r107. It's the "I want my gays to be flaming faggots in feather boas" crowd's way of saying a guy isn't "gay enough" because he isn't a stereotypical faggot queen.

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2021 4:16 AM

[Quote] We did. We call so much stuff that it's amazing

What are you talking about? The woman unfollowed him around the time he went to rehab. It wasn't only DL that noticed that.

by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]Heteronormative actually means he's a gay man in straight face.

What in the fuck is this even supposed to mean? He's not a Frankie Grande fag queen and behaves like a normal, regular guy? What a cunt you are.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2021 4:20 AM

The ex wife sounds insufferable. It's not like they were together for 25 years or had eight kids together. Get it together, bitch, and stop whining! You can find another closeted, coked up white boy on any street corner in America nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2021 4:22 AM

I’m with that other poster, don’t really know who he is, but oddly interested in this thread. So I watched a clip to see why, even by DL Standards, everyone thinks he’s closeted. I got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2021 4:28 AM

R102 They are usually the worst.

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote]It's not like they were together for 25 years or had eight kids together.

They got together sometime in the late 00s but were seeing each other in 2010 when she predicted, via tweet, that she'd married him. Even then he wouldn't marry her until years 2014. That's still quite a long time.

[quote]So I watched a clip to see why, even by DL Standards, everyone thinks he’s closeted. I got nothing.

20 percent of his act is him waxing philosophical about being thought of as gay because he knows how people see him. So I think maybe you just need your gaydar adjusted. I'm not saying he is. I'm just saying, even he knows how he comes across.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2021 4:47 AM

He did write most of Bill Hader's best Stefon stuff so his mind must be a little gay..........

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2021 5:13 AM

Me too, R77. Watching the Stefon bits transported me back to 90s Berlin. I knew several Stefons.

He's funny in an SNL bit about Bravo taglines (his was "Jealous?") and one where he's at a black folks party and is blacker than his black friend. I haven't been able to make it through his stand-ups or the Sack Lunch Bunch, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2021 5:23 AM

Ego Nwodim is more fun to watch in that sketch than Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2021 5:34 AM

He also wrote this line (addressed to Liberace): "Save your sassy asides for your windowless bars!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2021 5:37 AM

I take it that Tendler, with be anything but tender when it comes to raking him over the fire and exploiting him for any modicum of wealth during the divorce proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote] " I saw the wife described as a "lampshade artisan" so I went to her site. Some Victorian-style creations, not bad, and some jewelry. Everything was high-priced or sold out. Will that change now?"

Yes. She'll actually have to work for a living now.

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]She'll actually have to work for a living now.

There is NO WAY her personality type is not going for alimony.

He will have to support her in her accustomed lifestyle, plus pay for an NYC apartment of his own.

Not sure he thought this through.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2021 7:04 AM

^^this is why husbands kill their wives.

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2021 7:15 AM

I knew therapy in rehab was going to lead to a "revelation" with Mulaney....The only question now is if he will be OUT or closeted about it....He has been queening it up for years with his "I am ALMOST gay" BS....

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2021 7:19 AM

R71, Newman didn't drink a CASE of beer & vodka every day, sheesh.

You're mixing him up with Jackie Gleason.

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2021 7:30 AM

R124 "I take it that Tendler, with be anything but tender..."

I know, damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Paul Newman drank many beers per day for years.

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2021 7:37 AM

If Newman drank so much beer why didn’t they make it one of his signature food and beverage lines? Were they afraid he’d drink all the profits and those poor Hole in the Wall kids would get nothing?

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2021 7:42 AM

I want to know what codes the media will use to describe his addictions.

It/they could be:

Alcohol

And/or “Prescription” Medicine

And/or Benzodiazepines

And/or Opiates

And/or Methamphetamine

And/or Cocaine

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote]If Newman drank so much beer why didn’t they make it one of his signature food and beverage lines?

Because it would've been a PR challenge if someone who mowed down a crosswalk full of nuns was found to have a bunch of empty Newman's Own Beer cans in the front seat.

Can't do too much damage with salad dressing or popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2021 7:50 AM

Petunia has been silent on her Instagram account for two years.

She will probably not live much longer than the marriage — she's a seven-year-old French bulldog, and none of them can breathe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2021 8:02 AM

“I am heartbroken John has decided to end our marriage" = "I am making a public play for alimony"

by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2021 8:02 AM

Do we even know if Petunia is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2021 9:30 AM

A great deal of the funny in John's anecdotal style is his precise manner of speaking, kind of an American Cary Grant.

I think he's great.

by Anonymousreply 138May 11, 2021 9:32 AM

[quote] Not surprised at all. She was a ball-busting, obnoxious Jewess who drove him crazy. Think Susie on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I knew a post just like this would show up in this thread. So predictable. lol

by Anonymousreply 139May 11, 2021 10:11 AM

Another fucked up Catholic gay.

by Anonymousreply 140May 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Apparently he even went to Georgetown just like Michael in Boys in the Band.

by Anonymousreply 141May 11, 2021 10:38 AM

r141 R39 John could have afforded to pay for his many sweaters. He wouldn't have had to charge them, like Michael.

by Anonymousreply 142May 11, 2021 10:42 AM

R138 John Mulaney talks in a variation of the Mid-Atlantic accent which is an artificial accent from the sound era of film. He is from the North Shore of Chicago and has drilled the Midwestern flat vowels out of himself.

It’s also possible he adopted the phony accent to hide the gayvoice.

by Anonymousreply 143May 11, 2021 10:44 AM

r143, this is a popular thing to do if you are a native Chicagoan.

Whenever I hear a Chicagoan pronounce the word "salad" I cringe. (Eg, Leslie Anne Warren in Victor/Victoria, OTT)

I identify my brethren when they do not say Sih-CAH-go but Shi-CAW-go.

LOVE Mulaney!

Every one of his SNL sketches he wrote for himself is a cry for help. The Drag Queen Brunch and the Freaky Friday remake are most cringy. But then again, the Black Wedding Reception is brilliant.

He's one of the tortured brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2021 10:54 AM

I haven’t read the whole thread yet so this may have been mentioned but what were the deleted tweets at R5 and R11?

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2021 1:21 PM

R5 posted the text

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2021 1:23 PM

R145 That tweet at R5 was deleted. (I assume that’s the one where she was “HEARTBROKEN that John is choosing to end our marriage!”)?

by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2021 1:31 PM

R145, the text was posted of the tweet at r5, but the one at r11 is gone. The guy who tweeted it is named Felix Wood, no idea who that even is, and he seems irritated that people care about the divorce so I'm assuming that's what the tweet was about.

by Anonymousreply 148May 11, 2021 1:34 PM

Posted this on another thread but will post it here, a review of John's set last night, which sounds brutal and concerning.

[quote]Mulaney looking hideous in white kicks and skinny jeans, and looking, or acting at least, a little off center. I stopped drinking 11 years ago, and he reminded me of me three months after I quit; nothing I did felt right. Mulaney noted how this was the first performance he’d done without drugs in a long, long time, “I’d kill everyone here for a line of cocaine” he claimed. And he acted it as well; talking about prescription drugs with a member of the audience it was all inside baseball, till he ended the conversation with “We’ll talk later…” It was intrinsically not amusing.

[quote]...From buying drugs in an apartment in Queens, to taking us from showing up to his intervention hours late to showing up to GMA hours late, to trying to sneak drugs into rehab, he is almost a rapper in discussing his life and borderline bragging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2021 1:35 PM

[quote]All she does is spend his money, right?

You might as well just have said "Jewess" like the other guy, this is so obvious.

All of the threads on Mulaney almost immediately turn into bitching about his "lazy Jewess wife who won't work and spends all his money" and it's ridiculous.

She works in textile conservation, the lampshade thing is her side gig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2021 1:50 PM

I have never been to an intervention. It must be one of the most awkward things on the planet. And when you intervene with a comic, does the comic just sit around telling jokes while his friends and family go on about him needing help? And how do you get an intervention together? The whole thing fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2021 1:55 PM

R149 Wow, so he has been using for awhile? I don’t know. I think his sobriety may be in the rear-view mirror for a bit. I don’t see it sticking. It seems like something snapped during quarantine and its hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2021 1:55 PM

I wonder, when John got really drunk if he would dance around their apartment with one of her thousand dollar faux Victorian lampshades on his head?

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2021 1:55 PM

Be sensible r153.

You and I both know that when John gets drunk he puts on one of those feathery or lace things Ana wears and puts on a performance of “It’s Today” from Mame in the living room, complete with the intonation on “can-DULL” that Lucille Ball used.

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2021 2:04 PM

This thread is far more entertaining than John.

by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2021 2:04 PM

Speaking of Paul Newman, whatever happened to the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang charity? (I can imagine the jokes I'm in for....) Did they change its name or turn it into something else? I wouldn't think any kid today would get the reference or even know who Paul Newman was.

by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2021 2:11 PM

Seems to be going strong since there’s a great continuous stream of funding coming in from the product endorsement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2021 2:16 PM

That sounds terrible r149. I genuinely hope he can get his shit together.

by Anonymousreply 158May 11, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote]I have never been to an intervention. It must be one of the most awkward things on the planet. And when you intervene with a comic, does the comic just sit around telling jokes while his friends and family go on about him needing help? And how do you get an intervention together? The whole thing fascinates me.

Did you ever watch the Sopranos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 11, 2021 2:25 PM

r139 that's the truth about her

by Anonymousreply 160May 11, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote]Did you ever watch the Sopranos?

I'm probably the only person on the planet who never watched The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2021 2:31 PM

No you're not r161, I've never watched the Sopranos either. I've never even seen two minutes of it. So there are at least two of us.

Also, Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 162May 11, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote] I wouldn't think any kid today would get the reference or even know who Paul Newman was.

There are people in their 30s who don't know who Paul Newman was.

by Anonymousreply 163May 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Fuck off r160.

by Anonymousreply 164May 11, 2021 2:39 PM

[You can see plenty of Newman's own face up and down grocerie aisles.]

by Anonymousreply 165May 11, 2021 2:41 PM

r164 Mulaney himself has called her a ball-busting Jewish Princess in his act.

by Anonymousreply 166May 11, 2021 2:48 PM

No he really hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 167May 11, 2021 2:50 PM

Yes he has r167.

by Anonymousreply 168May 11, 2021 2:51 PM

I’ve watched all his stand up and he has not described her that way. Keep going with your anti Semitic bullshit if it makes you happy. No skin off my nose.

by Anonymousreply 169May 11, 2021 2:53 PM

Then you haven't watched all of it r169. He never should've married that lazy harpie.

by Anonymousreply 170May 11, 2021 2:54 PM

R148 This is what I get when clicking the links at both R5 and R11: “This tweet has been deleted.” Neither R5 nor R11 posts a screenshot of the tweet’s text.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 11, 2021 2:55 PM

No r5 said in his post what the tweet said. Who gets to keep the cocaine if they divorce?

by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2021 2:57 PM

Sweetheart at r171, we know. We've been trying to explain it to you.

R5 didn't post a screen shot but he DID post the text of the now-deleted tweet. Hover over this R5 and you'll see what the tweet said.

R11 didn't post the text or a screen shot, but the tweet comes from some guy named Felix. My speculation, as I said before, is that this Felix whoever tweeted something about how he didn't know why anyone cared about Mulaney's divorce. That's my speculation based on other tweets Felix has made about Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2021 2:59 PM

Thanks, R172, I didn’t realize R5’s text was the same as the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 174May 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Is alimony really common these days if you aren’t a housewife with no skills coming off a 30-year marriage? Child support seems to be where the money is, but they don’t have any children, right? I wonder what assets they have to divide or if it all went up his nose.

by Anonymousreply 175May 11, 2021 3:40 PM

If he's really gay, then he had no business being married to a woman. Why do males still do this?

by Anonymousreply 176May 11, 2021 3:48 PM

Alimony really isn't a thing and hasn't been for years. Some people here like to pretend it still is because it gives them a good excuse for hating women.

ANYway, Mullaney isn't taking his sobriety very seriously, because if he were, he wouldn't be initiating a divorce and immediately going back to doing stand-up in places like wineries and bars. Those are big no-nos in the early days. Whatever. Not everybody has what it takes to overcome addiction; it's not easy.

by Anonymousreply 177May 11, 2021 3:56 PM

CATHOLIC, r176.

by Anonymousreply 178May 11, 2021 3:56 PM

I thought it seemed too early for him to be going back to standup. But, he has said in the past that he does much better when he has structure, so maybe work will be good for him.

Wonder who decided to make the divorce announcement yesterday? That seems like terrible timing.

That reviewer seems like a humorless millennial cunt. If Mulaney is going super dark with his humor, I’m here for it. But he might lose a few idiots along the way.

by Anonymousreply 179May 11, 2021 4:02 PM

He's going super dark, but there's a question of whether it's humor or not.

by Anonymousreply 180May 11, 2021 4:05 PM

Well, he’s at the stage where he needs to either keep crying or start laughing at the things that can be laughed at. After six months, he’s probably tired of crying.

And for a comedian, almost anything can be funny. They have a very different perspective. Whether the rest of his rather milquetoast fan base will come along for the ride is another question.

I imagine the divorce announcement also threw him off his rhythm.

by Anonymousreply 181May 11, 2021 4:13 PM

How largth ith hith thocock?

by Anonymousreply 182May 11, 2021 4:15 PM

I have attended two interventions, and in both cases the addict told us all to fuck ourselves. One of the two died of a heroin overdose years later. The other is still drinking, but doing better as far as I know (he quit talking to most people in my friend group because we invited his parents to the intervention and they were heartbroken).

by Anonymousreply 183May 11, 2021 4:51 PM

I forgot to add, the funniest part of the drunks intervention was that he went out drinking at the club the NIGHT BEFORE the intervention, with the person who planned it. He said “Wait, are you serious? You drank more than me last night”? It turned into a finger pointing argument with everyone accusing everyone else of being the biggest drunk. His poor parents just sat there crying.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2021 4:55 PM

Drunks and addicts LOVE surrounding themselves with people who also have substance abuse issues, for precisely that reason: they can say "I don't have a problem. YOU have the problem!" And thereby avoid dealing with their issues.

by Anonymousreply 185May 11, 2021 5:03 PM

Off to church mother!

by Anonymousreply 186May 11, 2021 5:09 PM

I've only watched a few episodes of "The Sopranos," but knowing even what little I do about the characters, the link at R159 is hilarious. It's supposed to be, I hope?

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2021 5:26 PM

God, Tan France R112 has awful taste. He put Mulaney in a rumpled, oversized, ill fitted pink suit with a crappy grey buttoned undershirt and called him fuckable. And hideous walking drugstore Pete Davidson white rapper wear. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 188May 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Agreed R112, John although adorable, does not have the color to carry that suit.

by Anonymousreply 189May 11, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] It's supposed to be, I hope?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]I've decided that some people are just naturally thin. They can eat 3 Big Macs a day and a six pack of Pepsi and not gain an ounce.

I want to be reincarnated as one of those people.

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2021 5:51 PM

Who tweeted the text posted at R5?

by Anonymousreply 192May 11, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote]Alimony really isn't a thing and hasn't been for years. Some people here like to pretend it still is because it gives them a good excuse for hating women.

Bullshit and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 193May 11, 2021 5:55 PM

Good year for him to divorce.

he didn't make much dough in 2020 or 2021. It'll keep those support payments low.

by Anonymousreply 194May 11, 2021 6:18 PM

He might be terrified that he's not going to be nearly as funny without the drugs. And with the enormous pressure of performing...

by Anonymousreply 195May 11, 2021 6:29 PM

He might not be as funny without the booze, anyway. Almost everyone is funnier as their “two drink self.”

Stopping at two drinks is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 196May 11, 2021 6:36 PM

R192,

Load the thread with link previews off, dearest.

(I know it's a pain, but it's the only way to see where links came from originally.)

It was someone named @JMSComedy

by Anonymousreply 197May 11, 2021 7:14 PM

Is cocaine considered a hard drug?

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2021 7:23 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2021 7:26 PM

R197 I’m trying, sweetie, but it comes up blank still. Tweet deleted, I guess. Thanks for the name, though.

by Anonymousreply 200May 11, 2021 7:27 PM

I tried coke twice, many years ago. It made me feel manic and jittery and I couldn't stop grinding my jaw. I didn't care for it at all. I don't know why people do that shit.

by Anonymousreply 201May 11, 2021 7:27 PM

I just get really talkative when I do coke.

by Anonymousreply 202May 11, 2021 7:29 PM

Amateurs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 11, 2021 7:30 PM

perhaps Mulaney could write a dope musical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 11, 2021 7:30 PM

The cocaine song from the "Company" cast album parody on Documentary Now was funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 11, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote]I’m trying, sweetie, but it comes up blank still

R200, The Twitter account name is the name that appears right after twitter.com/NAME/ in the URL when you click on the link, boo. Or, you when you mouse over, depending on the browser, you might see the link at the bottom of your screen as the URL you're about to go to if you click on it. (I used to always want to know this too.)

by Anonymousreply 206May 11, 2021 7:36 PM

Why is someone so obsessed with finding out about the tweet at r5?

by Anonymousreply 207May 11, 2021 7:45 PM

The 'pompous beta males' is really a false jarring note. You would not have heard 'beta' in this context in 1970. Otherwise it's excellent. And contrary to popular opinion Stritch would not have found it funny. She's the one who made the jokes.

by Anonymousreply 208May 11, 2021 8:06 PM

Textile conservation is the kind of job that these women come up with when they’re expecting to marry money. She’ll marry a Jewish guy next time. And her mother is tutting “I told you this would happen.”

by Anonymousreply 209May 11, 2021 8:06 PM

Thank God there were no children!

by Anonymousreply 210May 11, 2021 8:10 PM

R206 ah, ok - you press in the browser area or whatever it’s called, thanks doll.

Mind your beeswax, R207

by Anonymousreply 211May 11, 2021 8:10 PM

[Quote] Mind your beeswax

Are you Mrs Mulaney? Are you looking to sue a small time comedian for intimating that you enjoy booger sugar? No one cares, ma'am.

by Anonymousreply 212May 11, 2021 8:13 PM

Yeah, I'll give you that, R126. But I bet she still doesn't live on what she's able to get from him, and that it won't be long before she finds another bank accoun...I mean husband.

by Anonymousreply 213May 11, 2021 8:15 PM

R212 No, stupid, I was just curious. What’s it to you?

by Anonymousreply 214May 11, 2021 8:20 PM

[Quote] What’s it to you?

I want to know what you're up to.

by Anonymousreply 215May 11, 2021 8:32 PM

Fuckin boomers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Highly questionable anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 217May 11, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote]Mullaney isn't taking his sobriety very seriously, because if he were, he wouldn't be initiating a divorce and immediately going back to doing stand-up in places like wineries and bars.

Yes, he should be easing back into work in those numerous standup comedy venues that only serve juice and water.

by Anonymousreply 218May 11, 2021 9:30 PM

I wonder what AA meetings he goes to on Zoom. I want to stalk him.

Probably not the gay ones...yet.

by Anonymousreply 219May 11, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]Yes, he should be easing back into work in those numerous standup comedy venues that only serve juice and water

Yes and he should have continued to force himself to live with the person who no doubt helped contribute to the breakdown which lead him to finally go to rehab in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 220May 11, 2021 10:02 PM

Are you an addict too?

by Anonymousreply 221May 11, 2021 10:10 PM

Do you have to cut bait when you choose to get sober? Is everyone you love an enabler if you're an addict? I wonder... we're very manipulative, you know.

by Anonymousreply 222May 11, 2021 10:17 PM

Cut bait? Is this a reference to drug preparation?

by Anonymousreply 223May 11, 2021 10:24 PM

He doesn't need to be doing stand-up at all; he's a writer and can make a good living doing that, while also working more regular hours and not hanging out in bars and around his old drug buddies.

Getting and staying sober means doing things differently than you did before.

by Anonymousreply 224May 11, 2021 10:26 PM

He needs the money. He's not financially solvent.

by Anonymousreply 225May 11, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]Blame others! Forever!

Or maybe, just maybe, like many other couples who were stuck together during the height of the pandemic one or both (in his case he did) realized they couldn't be around each other anymore.

That period of time broke up couples that had zero visible problems as well as couples that were already hanging by a thread because taking one or two dynamic people who are usually not at home and then forcing them to be at home brings out a lot of issues that otherwise would have gone overlooked.

I'm sure if he went ahead and left her after this, it was with the blessing of his therapist, his counselors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 226May 11, 2021 10:29 PM

When you have a significant other who doesn't work and spends your money like water, you get pretty miserable.

by Anonymousreply 227May 11, 2021 10:30 PM

That's quite a different sentiment to saying that this woman led him to a breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 228May 11, 2021 10:30 PM

[Quote] When you have a significant other who doesn't work and spends your money like water, you get pretty miserable.

Nonsense. If it were as simple as you state, it would be easy (if perhaps still expensive) to cut her loose. But you want to rescue him from the sick and boring life of a heterosexual, I get it.

by Anonymousreply 229May 11, 2021 10:32 PM

r229 what nonsense are you talking about? He just cut her loose.

by Anonymousreply 230May 11, 2021 10:33 PM

r229 is one of the DL shut-ins who doesn't know any real-life couples where one doesn't work an spends all the money. It's infuriating for the other one who's bankrolling everything.

by Anonymousreply 231May 11, 2021 10:34 PM

If it's easy to cut a spouse loose, you don't get miserable.

by Anonymousreply 232May 11, 2021 10:35 PM

[Quote] is one of the DL shut-ins who doesn't know any real-life couples where one doesn't work an spends all the money. It's infuriating for the other one who's bankrolling everything.

And when does it become frustrating, hon? Is it all to do with the pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 233May 11, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote]If it's easy to cut a spouse loose, you don't get miserable.

The misery is part of the lead-up. Just STFU and let the adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 234May 11, 2021 10:37 PM

Some of you have no understanding of how heterosexuals couple. It's frequently a point of pride for a straight man to have a large enough income to support multiple dependents. John Mulaney is an addict. He was an addict before his marriage and he apparently still struggles. But of course... you've found the reason! His wife is ordering too many Faberge eggs!

by Anonymousreply 235May 11, 2021 10:38 PM

His wife spent his money like water and he wasn't making huge celebrity money, that was definitely a reason for the friction in the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 236May 11, 2021 10:40 PM

If the Faberge eggs are smuggling coke, vicodin and fentanyl, he's all for it. As the recounting of last night's set makes clear, Mulaney was far deeper into a dark addiction than most of us would have imagined.

by Anonymousreply 237May 11, 2021 10:41 PM

How long has she been spending money like water? And how long has he been feeling the pinch?

by Anonymousreply 238May 11, 2021 10:41 PM

[Quote] smuggling coke, vicodin and fentanyl, he's all for it. As the recounting of last night's set makes clear, Mulaney was far deeper into a dark addiction than most of us would have imagined.

This doesn't help the narrative that all John Mulaney needs is the love of a good woman hater. Please exit the thread.

by Anonymousreply 239May 11, 2021 10:42 PM

r238 It started pretty early on, and she kept harping on him that he needed to "do more," i.e. she thought that when they got together he would be another Seinfeld and rolling in money. When she realized that wasn't going to happen and she wasn't basically going to be another Jessica Seinfeld, things went from bad to worse. John's drinking and coke use escalated. It was a total mess.

by Anonymousreply 240May 11, 2021 10:44 PM

Why is there so much speculation about Mulaney’s finances on threads about him? I’m not saying he is a billionaire, but you guys act like he’s some struggling comic.

by Anonymousreply 241May 11, 2021 10:46 PM

[Quote] he would be another Seinfeld and rolling in money. When she realized that wasn't going to happen

Did she withhold soup?

by Anonymousreply 242May 11, 2021 10:48 PM

[Quote] Why is there so much speculation about Mulaney’s finances on threads about him? I’m not saying he is a billionaire, but you guys act like he’s some struggling comic.

It's strange, especially as he got a new gig prior to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 243May 11, 2021 10:49 PM

There's only one person speculating about his finances. The misogynist anti-semite nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 244May 11, 2021 10:51 PM

Imagine the agony of supporting/concealing a coke addiction during covid. I would HATE everyone around me; you’re the reason I can’t enjoy my high!

by Anonymousreply 245May 11, 2021 10:55 PM

r244 get fucked. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's false.

by Anonymousreply 246May 11, 2021 10:57 PM

If you follow your own advice, you might stop counting Mulaney's coins.

by Anonymousreply 247May 11, 2021 10:58 PM

His finances have been discussed in other threads. Why do you think he took a writing gig for Seth Meyers? That's a big step down for someone as established as Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 248May 11, 2021 10:58 PM

Newsflash: Women can be shrewish harpie bitches who drive their husbands crazy. Pointing that out isn't misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 249May 11, 2021 10:59 PM

I said this on another Mulaney thread but after lockdown but before rehab, he showed up on a celebrity reaction show to House Hunters. He was wearing dark glasses and said he had an eye infection. He wasn't overly peppy or enthusiastic and seemed quite subdued. But the sunglasses bothered me and we know why.

by Anonymousreply 250May 11, 2021 11:00 PM

[Quote] Why do you think he took a writing gig for Seth Meyers?

Because he does better with structure. And live gigs haven't been an option?

by Anonymousreply 251May 11, 2021 11:00 PM

The poster screaming about misogyny and anti-Semitism and that we know nothing about finances is none other than the "ancient white fags" troll.

by Anonymousreply 252May 11, 2021 11:01 PM

[quote]That's quite a different sentiment to saying that this woman led him to a breakdown.

Having a breakdown in this case is a GOOD thing because it finally forced him to get help.

He had to get to the point where that was his only option. The pandemic + money issues + being alone in an apartment with her where she no doubt urged him to actually get help because of his behavior (which anyone would do) + whatever mental state he was in lead to him finally getting to the point where he had to get help.

I think there were a lot of things that contributed to him ended up finally going to rehab and she was likely behaving like anyone else would have. She was just doing it to someone that wasn't going to give her what she needed and likely would have gotten from anyone else who didn't have his drinking issues.

For whatever reason, he felt like he needed to let her go but I don't think he would have done that on his own. I feel like he likely had support from whoever he's dealing with privately for his own wellbeing (therapist, sponsor, his group, etc.) and they all felt it was best that he move on from her rather than simply stay separated.

by Anonymousreply 253May 11, 2021 11:08 PM

No, it's you R252. Why are you calling out posters when you're a known entity on this site? A certifiable hate spewing repetitive NUTJOB. You use more than one device, but have only one simplistic voice. A most unhinged and bitter man you are. Old, fat and white. For sure. We know that from your many racist posts. Why keeps referring to his drinking issues? Mulaney is a hard core addict and junkie.

by Anonymousreply 254May 11, 2021 11:11 PM

Might he fallin love or at least have a torrid affair with his therapist?

by Anonymousreply 255May 11, 2021 11:11 PM

Maybe he went through a major life changing experience and realized that he needed to move on from some things that were "enabling or encouraging" his addictive habits. Don't know anything about the wife, but no one really knows what goes on in a marriage, except the two people in it.

by Anonymousreply 256May 11, 2021 11:14 PM

r254 you are the "ancient white fags" nutcase. Just die, you worthless piece of shit. You don't belong on this site.

by Anonymousreply 257May 11, 2021 11:14 PM

It goes without saying that I’d most certainly pinch his buttocks! Oh yes siree!

by Anonymousreply 258May 11, 2021 11:16 PM

He looks like he'd be a messy bottom. I wonder if he and Bill Hader ever fooled around. Hader is definitely bi, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 259May 11, 2021 11:17 PM

Goodness, but we are all weak vessels R257. May Jesus visit healing to your troubled mind tonight.🙏🏿

by Anonymousreply 260May 11, 2021 11:18 PM

It's best to just put r260 on ignore. A bunch of bothersome posts disappear.

by Anonymousreply 261May 11, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote] His wife spent his money like water and he wasn't making huge celebrity money, that was definitely a reason for the friction in the marriage.

Who are you, and how do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 262May 11, 2021 11:20 PM

And how exactly do you know Hader is bi? I have to admit his Stefon and fireman nutcase are uncanny. Still I'd say he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 263May 11, 2021 11:21 PM

I’ve always wanted Hader to be gay, but he’s more likely into something weird like refrigerator-shaped tall women.

by Anonymousreply 264May 11, 2021 11:25 PM

It's not really a secret in the Industry. The question is will he come out publicly? We also had a poster here who gave very detailed posts about his male friend who had a hot fling with Hader up in Ontario while filming IT part 2.

by Anonymousreply 265May 11, 2021 11:27 PM

The sad, bitter and CRAZY La LOON at R265 has posted over 50 times on this thread already!!!

He so badly needs John to be gay? Pathetic trash.

by Anonymousreply 266May 11, 2021 11:33 PM

The Bill Hader stuff are replies 140, 150 and 156 in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 11, 2021 11:40 PM

Bill Hader gave me the eye once.

by Anonymousreply 268May 11, 2021 11:43 PM

I’m not going to believe it until John does a big production number of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 11, 2021 11:56 PM

Men choose pushy high-maintenance ball-busting women because they LIKE it. It keeps them on their toes. It makes them feel worthy. They’re motivated to make money to keep the wives around.

These mercenary bitches don’t play. My SIL threatened to leave her husband because he didn’t get his usual 6-figure bonus one year (he’s in finance). She actually did leave him once for some stupid thing, early in their marriage and he’s so afraid of the humiliation (he’s Catholic) that he just pedals faster and spends more. To be fair, she makes good money, herself, but she spends it on the most frivolous things you can imagine. But as long as she doesn’t YELL at him...

by Anonymousreply 270May 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Who's more high maintenance than an addict?

by Anonymousreply 271May 12, 2021 12:01 AM

As frivolous as COCAINE, FENTANYL, HEROIN AND VICODIN R270? And the lovely companionship you pay for to go along with????

by Anonymousreply 272May 12, 2021 12:02 AM

I keep hearing this "but they're CATHOLIC" stuff and I'm confused. We're talking about people who aren't even 40 years old. I know nobody in that age group who is religious period, never mind Catholic (I'm talking about Christians only) except maybe a few Latinos or Filipinos.

by Anonymousreply 273May 12, 2021 12:05 AM

[Quote] My friends saw him tonight (I'm going on Wednesday) and it isn't like any of these folks are claiming. No cheating. He was open about the whole thing, sober, and clearly beating himself up.

What's the point of beating yourself up in front of an audience? These motherfuckers don't exist if they don't have an audience.

by Anonymousreply 274May 12, 2021 12:06 AM

[Quote] My friends saw him tonight (I'm going on Wednesday) and it isn't like any of these folks are claiming. No cheating. He was open about the whole thing, sober, and clearly beating himself up.

What's the point of beating yourself up in front of an audience? These motherfuckers don't exist if they don't have an audience.

by Anonymousreply 275May 12, 2021 12:06 AM

The "Bill Hader is bi" story from the thread at R267:

[quote]My friend is male. He and Bill met on the set of It 2, actually – my friend is a PA. I don’t want to say anything that’ll give him away (I don’t want to get him in any trouble), but I won’t leave you totally hanging.

[quote]- It was his first time doing anything really serious with a guy, but (obviously) he realized he liked it a lot. He and my friend (who we can call A) didn’t really talk about sexuality, so I don’t know if he’s gay or bi or what, but he DEFINITELY likes men. - That said, it wasn’t his first time bottoming when they fucked. I don’t know if it was his ex pegging him or someone else, but A said it wasn’t his first rodeo there. - The first time he sucked A’s dick, they were in a sauna. Apparently, he spent the whole time before talking about the McArthur case (true crime seems to be a go-to for him when he’s nervous?) and A told him to suck his dick just to shut him up for a minute. He was shocked it worked! - Again, big dick. Like, could plausibly do porn big. - He’s pretty shy and private, but has a real thing for public sex. BJs in the bathroom/movies/etc. type of stuff. - Real movie buff too. They went to the Lightbox a lot when they were together. - He’s very funny IRL too. He’s not putting on an act in interviews – pretty much exactly the same. I don’t know if he can even do the fakey-fakey PR thing. - He’s a romantic. Wined and dined A. Not over-the-top showy/stupid expensive stuff, but always very nice and thoughtful. - They ended it after filming ended. Not on bad terms by any means; they just led different lives in different places and it was never serious enough to try the long distance thing. - I’m pretty sure fucking men isn’t a one-time thing. Last time Bill was in TO, they hooked up, and A thinks it’ll happen again next time. He isn’t sure how much action Bill’s gotten since, but he wasn’t exactly rusty.

by Anonymousreply 276May 12, 2021 12:15 AM

The first time of the PA? Because Bill Hader is middle aged.

by Anonymousreply 277May 12, 2021 12:16 AM

Hott

by Anonymousreply 278May 12, 2021 12:17 AM

The Bill Hader story might be fanfic, but I want to believe. I think he's so cute.

by Anonymousreply 279May 12, 2021 12:20 AM

R273, there most certainly are religious young people. It’s weird to think about, but there are.

Even if people are not religious, they might still view divorce as a personal failure. Their parents may disapprove or be disappointed. No matter how old people are, their parents’ disapproval and disappointment still stings.

Just throwing ideas around. Nobody likes divorce.

by Anonymousreply 280May 12, 2021 12:22 AM

It sounds like a gay caveman wrote that bit of fiction at R276. Hilariously bad imagination, not sexy OR plausible.

BJs? How old are you gramps? 1/2 a rusty fuck I rate your story. Weirdo. By the way, you are quoting your own previous post. WE KNOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 281May 12, 2021 12:23 AM

I wouldn't mind sucking Bill Hader off in a sauna.

by Anonymousreply 282May 12, 2021 12:28 AM

Bill Hader creeps me out and he has all the personality and charismatic a box of dustless chalk.

by Anonymousreply 283May 12, 2021 12:35 AM

So he wasn't acting when he played Stefon?

by Anonymousreply 284May 12, 2021 12:39 AM

[Quote] His wife spent his money like water and he wasn't making huge celebrity money, that was definitely a reason for the friction in the marriage.

I said this in a previous thread and it seems like others are finally coming to this realization as well. Maybe John decided to divorce Anna before he made a big comeback so he could stiff her on alimony. Say he's a poor, struggling comedian and then rank in the cash after the proceedings are over. If she treated him like shit, she deserves to get stiffed.

I'm also curious if John has ever read any of the threads about him here on the DL. If I happen to see him around in the city, I might inquire about it if we have a casual conversation.

by Anonymousreply 285May 12, 2021 1:03 AM

[Quote] I said this in a previous thread

Where is your source on how she spent their money?

by Anonymousreply 286May 12, 2021 1:11 AM

Why don't you do that R285? This is likely to happen. Your Bill Hader story was so believable and erotic. Tell John about these threads when you run into him. You should R285. Let's call you A? Keep us informed.

[quote] He’s pretty shy and private, but has a real thing for public sex. BJs in the bathroom/movies/etc. type of stuff. - Real movie buff too. They went to the Lightbox a lot when they were together. - He’s very funny IRL too. He’s not putting on an act in interviews – pretty much exactly the same. I don’t know if he can even do the fakey-fakey PR thing. - He’s a romantic. Wined and dined A. Not over-the-top showy/stupid expensive stuff, but always very nice and thoughtful.

by Anonymousreply 287May 12, 2021 1:12 AM

R287 do you not understand that the Hader story was from months ago on a separate thread from a completely different poster? That it was only copy-pasted here?

by Anonymousreply 288May 12, 2021 1:13 AM

The Vulture review of his City Winery show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 12, 2021 1:34 AM

r288, the poste you're talking to (r287) is the insane"ancient white fags" poster. He shits on threads all the time. He's a lunatic, just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 290May 12, 2021 1:35 AM

[Quote] With most of the material, Mulaney didn’t come off particularly well; he knew that, and leaned into it.

Bbbbbuut his wife!

by Anonymousreply 291May 12, 2021 1:40 AM

I understand exactly what's obvious R288. That fool is a fool. And that fool is you. The Bill Hader story is the same poster as the one who keeps zapping Mulaney's wife with such weird amounts of hate. That poster has both an identifiable posting style, but weird syntax and obvious mental illness. He tries to deflect - he just tried again in R290. But it's the same OLD fat sad white racist poster. He has crushes on odd men and imagines them to be gay. Tries to use the vernacular of younger people but comes off older than your grandma's aunt. Likes CAPS and Joan Crawford!!! He also posts racist SHITE all over the music threads and Drag Race threads of DL. Much hated and simple minded. A useless piece of sick trash who goes on for days and weeks without end. A serious case of alcoholism and mental illness. He's very defamatory but not the least bit effective. Posts hundreds of times on one thread from 2 or 3 separated devices, but only to support his own previous posts within seconds! Follow it. He's a huge lying and toxic mess. Did coke twice in his life and hasn't been fucked in over 45 years? When he was 38. A cesspool of putrid waste. R290 is also THE ancient white racist f@g of Datalounge. A monster.

by Anonymousreply 292May 12, 2021 1:47 AM

^^Wow, that's some fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 293May 12, 2021 1:49 AM

Half of this thread are fraus in denial.

by Anonymousreply 294May 12, 2021 1:50 AM

I have to wonder about the influence hanging around with Pete Davidson might have had on him. I don’t imagine Pete was pushing John too hard to stay sober. It doesn’t sound like he was part of the intervention.

by Anonymousreply 295May 12, 2021 1:51 AM

Pete Davidson is a low-class druggie scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 296May 12, 2021 1:59 AM

Wow, R292. Get him. I know what you mean about the drag race threads. The same bad attiitude and constant harrassement from that poster. He posted over 55 times on this thread!!! So far. OCD.

It's best to just put r290 on ignore. A bunch of bothersome posts disappear.

by Anonymousreply 297May 12, 2021 2:11 AM

His Barbra Sreisand and Joan Crawford and Paul Newman posts have us cracking up R292. Who does that mean old man think he's fooling?

by Anonymousreply 298May 12, 2021 2:15 AM

r292/297/298 are all the same "ancient white fags" poster under different accounts. He's obviously off his meds tonight.

by Anonymousreply 299May 12, 2021 2:18 AM

R295 Ironically, it was said John hung out with Pete because he basically thought he could save him from going down the same path John did. Guess that didn't exactly work out.

by Anonymousreply 300May 12, 2021 2:32 AM

Off his meds? Nah, that's some ancient first year internet put down right there. Got to love the tenacity of the stupid, aka R299. Not yourself tonight? You jealous of me - why the constant harassment? ☮️🙏🏿

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 12, 2021 2:44 AM

The Bill Haden story reminds me of fingering Suzanne Somers in her tangerine dress. Or however it goes.

by Anonymousreply 302May 12, 2021 2:47 AM

Are the fat miserable cunts in Twitter trying to cancel him or something?

by Anonymousreply 303May 12, 2021 2:47 AM

r303, I don't know are your Republican pals still trying to cancel MLB?

by Anonymousreply 304May 12, 2021 2:50 AM

Who is MLB?

by Anonymousreply 305May 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Didn't the Bill Hader story turn out to be a rewritten story from Lipstick Alley?

by Anonymousreply 306May 12, 2021 2:58 AM

No black man or woman would find Mulaney or John Mulaney attractive. They're both bug eyed flat assed translucent homely white men. Doesn't detract from talent, but no one from Lipstick Alley would write about Bill Hader and his creepy girl and Vincent Price impressions. Same with Mulaney. He's exasperated about nothing. That's funny if you can do it like Steve Martin or Chris Rock but not when you're just a whiny white boy with a drug problem, who's done a jekyll and hyde from fey to hostile persona. He's too weak for that. No wonder he dumped his wife. He's off the rails. Literally.

Lipstick Alley would never write such a lame piece as that Bill Hader nonsense - not even as satire. It's just a bad piece of "reporting" from a sick, sad, old, troll. Lets call him "A"

by Anonymousreply 307May 12, 2021 3:14 AM

The pale pink suit washed him right out.

by Anonymousreply 308May 12, 2021 3:16 AM

Gossip is that he was sleeping with random strippers so fuck him. If you want to do that shit then don't get married.

by Anonymousreply 309May 12, 2021 3:17 AM

Why are strippers always portrayed as random, whenever I’ve seen them the seems to have very strong and personable personas and stand out in a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 310May 12, 2021 3:31 AM

Male strippers, I presume.

by Anonymousreply 311May 12, 2021 3:35 AM

Coke heads all love strippers and endless debauchery. Cocaine brings out the darker side of sexuality, the same way that Meth does. Or people do those drugs to release their darker side? Regardless, John Mulaney is now fat, looks like shit and is a very precarious sober. He shouldn't be performing. Not yet.

He's not resilient enough to withstand a total life meltdown beyond what's happened. He's a wimpy whiny white catholic boy who is attracted to twinks because he can't process his confusion about men.

Nothing wrong with twinks. But John Mulaney is a homely guy whose psyche demands to be in control. So twinks feel safer. Suck my dick twink doesn't really satisfy him. But he can really objectify female strippers all he wants. For the right amount of $$$. He's not violent. Just gross. Most high end female strippers are well aware of their control. And they don't take it as degradation or put a stop to it.

All the comic drug addicts loved strippers and hookers. A good stripper isn't gonna let you be her boss. You pay for her services. The men look like fools, as much as anyone. Mulaney doesn't belong in that life, but obviously he does. Drugs don't take you too many places you don't want to go. He's an interesting trainwreck. But only because of here and Netflix. Not exactly a famous guy. Homely as fuck. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 312May 12, 2021 3:38 AM

R143, I meant that his comedic speaking style is his schtick, not necessarily his normal off-stage elocution.

by Anonymousreply 313May 12, 2021 3:44 AM

Where does it say he was fucking strippers?

by Anonymousreply 314May 12, 2021 3:44 AM

Its so strange that people feel the need to weigh in with opinions despite having no idea what was going on behind the scenes in the marriage.

1) He could be gay. 2) She might also be a drug or alcohol abuser 3) She might not appreciate his need to be sober or even understand it

by Anonymousreply 315May 12, 2021 3:47 AM

R314

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 12, 2021 3:49 AM

They all fuck strippers, every last fucking one of them.

by Anonymousreply 317May 12, 2021 3:55 AM

r315 doesn't understand the concept of a gossip board

by Anonymousreply 318May 12, 2021 3:57 AM

I’d love to get wasted with him in another place and time.

I don’t think he’s going to make it, (like die) but really hoping I’m wrong. I find him very funny and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 319May 12, 2021 3:58 AM

Actually, LSA had a long thread about Bill Hader and Leightone Meester/Minka Kelly/Rachel Bilson (delete as appropriate). I never ventured into it but it was on page 1 for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 320May 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Bill Hader bared his butt in Trainwreck. Looked pretty cute; I'd go up into it.

by Anonymousreply 321May 12, 2021 4:23 AM

It amazes me that the John Mulaney threads always get so many posters, despite him not being a big A List star. Of course, it's also a huge magnet for trolls. I really don't get that. His popularity seems to be terminally online. I don't think most people would recognize him just walking down the street.

by Anonymousreply 322May 12, 2021 4:24 AM

Who would pay attention to a man so thin, pale, short and homely R322? You're right. He needs the good suits and fake accent to even hold attention on stage.

by Anonymousreply 323May 12, 2021 4:29 AM

Bill Hader never showed his ass in Trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 324May 12, 2021 4:30 AM

R6

Did we? Can you link the thread?

I did not see this one coming. He was totally into her four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 325May 12, 2021 4:36 AM

R325, when he first went into rehab before Christmas it was discussed. His wife deleted her social media at that time, that led to the divorce speculation.

by Anonymousreply 326May 12, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote] I did not see this one coming. He was totally into her four years ago.

This is a very typical male trait or maybe it's a coping mechanism. They seem to be all in until the day they walk out the door.

How many women have you heard cry, But I thought we had a great marriage. We had sex the night before he left.

by Anonymousreply 327May 12, 2021 4:49 AM

He looks a bit like Noel Gallagher.

by Anonymousreply 328May 12, 2021 5:59 AM

He looks more like Howdy Doody.

by Anonymousreply 329May 12, 2021 6:07 AM

Mmmm, I hope he’s into some really dirty, nasty, filthy stuff and it all comes out in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 330May 12, 2021 6:38 AM

He has the puppy dog look and also still looks like that skinny sensitive nerd in college, of ambiguous sexuality, who many of us had a crush on in college.

So DL is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 331May 12, 2021 9:52 AM

I hate to say it, but I don't think he's going to make it.

And I'm not going to watch. There's something unseemly about this thread and the coverage around these shows. The shows probably should not be happening. He needs to go away, figure shit out, then come back if public life is for him. Instead, it seems like he's self-destructing in real time and all this discussion feels like a Roman forum.

I've been into standup comedy since I was a kid, and most I could take or leave, but he's my favorite. He's the best SNL host. A Broadway and TV star. A great writer. And he's going to throw it all away, because ... why?

I've been a part of a few interventions for addicts, and I've discussed how to deal with addicts/mentally ill friends with therapists ad nauseum, and at some point you have to say: I love you, and I'm here, but if you're determined to destroy yourself, I'm not going to be complicit or watch you do it. So clean up, get better, and I'll see you then.

I'll see him then. But I'm not reading about him anymore, because right now all this attention—whether it's a DL thread or a Rolling Stone or Vulture review—is feeling like being complicit in his self-destruction.

by Anonymousreply 332May 12, 2021 10:09 AM

Reviews for his set have almost all been positive but I'm real damn worried about him, I think he's still in deep trouble.

Apparently in his set he name-drops all the famous people at his intervention, and makes sure to tell everyone how these famous people all called him "brilliant."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Mitch Hedberg had jokes that seemed, even at the time, like deflections from his own responsibility, like one joke about how addiction was a disease so he didn't understand why people would say, "Dammit Jim, you're an alcoholic" but not "Dammit Jim, you have lupus."

I got the same vibe from this:

[quote]With most of the material, Mulaney didn’t come off particularly well; he knew that, and leaned into it. The most exhilarating moments were when he would make fun of the tone of overwhelming support he got when the news of his drug addiction first came out. He would reveal something shitty he did to his friends and quickly remind the audience, “It’s a disease.”

The review says he was making fun of the "it's a disease" excuse, but was he? He was complaining about the intervention and being "petty," and do we really know where the line between "making fun of" and "being petty" is with him? I don't, and I'm a huge fan.

[quote]Pettiness, which has always been in his act in small doses, came to the forefront. He spent a large portion of the set complaining about his intervention, organized by his college friends and his celebrity friends. How dare they trick him into thinking he was getting dinner? Why, in a room of the 12 funniest people he knows, was no one being funny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 12, 2021 10:25 AM

I predict he will become a comedy McGreevey. He needs to become Episcopal and continue the Catholic purging with his comedy.

by Anonymousreply 335May 12, 2021 10:26 AM

[quote]1) He could be gay. 2) She might also be a drug or alcohol abuser 3) She might not appreciate his need to be sober or even understand it

There were comments on IG that he was mad about the intervention, which it turns out he is (per comments he made during his set), but apparently she wasn't at the intervention, which could have been part of the problem.

Since she works in DC at a textile conservation business, it's possible she hasn't been around, especially during the pandemic. She might have just stayed in DC because of lockdowns. She may not have known how bad it got, or may have known and said, as others suggested, that she wasn't going to stick around and watch him kill himself. She may also be a user herself, even if it's just casual.

by Anonymousreply 336May 12, 2021 10:33 AM

John was clearly hoovering a shit ton of money up his nose by his own admission, so even if they DO have money problems (which we don't know) you can bet that the pure uncut Colombian is part of the reason why.

The person who insists Anna has spent all his money is a troll making stuff up. It's a lovelorn lady making up a story to fit the "if he just had a good woman like me, he'd be fixed" fantasy in her head.

DL used to be able to spot these ladies with their fanfic from a mile away. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 337May 12, 2021 10:40 AM

He’s fat now? He lives in NY but his wife works in DC? What the hell. No wonder they’re divorcing.

And I thought he was tall and skinny, not short and skinny.

by Anonymousreply 338May 12, 2021 10:43 AM

Yeah, joking aside, he needs to get what's called in AA "a sobering up job." This is the job you get, if you can, in the first year of recovery which is sorta non-demanding but pays just enough to get buy. It leaves time for meetings etc. It also takes up time out of meetings so you don't have time on your hands to drink. This thing he did took real planning. Not a good use of early sobriety time. In a year if he remains sober he can return to stand-up.

As for divorce, there is no firm rule on what changes to make. Major changes are to be avoided in the first year, unnecessary ones. But judgement has to be exercised also. That's what professional counselors/therapists as well as sponsors are for.

John, pull back and concentrate on meetings and step work.

by Anonymousreply 339May 12, 2021 10:50 AM

AA isn’t for everyone. Maybe he is using another approach.

But I agree he’s taking on too much right now.

by Anonymousreply 340May 12, 2021 10:55 AM

He's gained weight per the reviews but apparently was down to 105 lbs before the intervention, so that may not mean he's fat now, might just be normal weight.

by Anonymousreply 341May 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Did anyone else think he was really off on SNL before he went into rehab? I remember him doing that sore-loser bitching about Biden being too old and thinking that didn't sound like him, because surely he was aware his hero Bernie is older than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 342May 12, 2021 11:01 AM

Yeah, I know AA is not for everyone and there are other approaches but it's the largest organization in the field and most rehabs push it, so he's probably in it. Also he's Irish Catholic and a New Yorker.

I'm non fanatical, I hope, about AA. It works for me. I'm Native and White mix living in New York City. Quite frankly I find the Irish Americn dominance of AA here a little tiresome. It might as well be their local parish.

by Anonymousreply 343May 12, 2021 11:25 AM

Well, whichever method he is using I hope he is taking it seriously. He’s young and super talented. He has his whole life ahead of him! As the saying goes, but truly.

by Anonymousreply 344May 12, 2021 11:58 AM

It will sound like a cliche, but he mentions child molestation so much in his comedy, you have to wonder if something terrible happened to him. That would also line up with his “I was a funny, outgoing kid until I was 12 and I suddenly changed personalities.”

by Anonymousreply 345May 12, 2021 12:10 PM

I see Catholic Priest molestation...

by Anonymousreply 346May 12, 2021 12:18 PM

R345 I think I have even posted that on here before, that I sensed an altar boy molestation between the lines

by Anonymousreply 347May 12, 2021 12:59 PM

If he was an adolescent with burgeoning or questioning homosexual desires, and a priest began a predatory relationship with him at that age

IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

From his professional image to the choice of wife to their decision not to have children to entire routines in his comedy

by Anonymousreply 348May 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Two points for using "burgeoning"

by Anonymousreply 349May 12, 2021 1:19 PM

R343 Take solace that there’s an Irish American in northern Arizona who finds the Native dominance of AA meetings there a little tiresome

by Anonymousreply 350May 12, 2021 1:27 PM

Can you imagine being molested AND going to Georgetown AND being a booster for it? That’s some atomic level Stockholm Syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 12, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]The person who insists Anna has spent all his money is a troll making stuff up. It's a lovelorn lady making up a story to fit the "if he just had a good woman like me, he'd be fixed" fantasy in her head.

[quote]DL used to be able to spot these ladies with their fanfic from a mile away. What happened?

This is actually known in certain circles, it's not made up fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 352May 12, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote]The person who insists Anna has spent all his money is a troll making stuff up. It's a lovelorn lady making up a story to fit the "if he just had a good woman like me, he'd be fixed" fantasy in her head.

[quote]DL used to be able to spot these ladies with their fanfic from a mile away. What happened?

Because of course you know exactly what's going on 🙄

This is why nobody can post real gossip on here, there are always idiot trolls who think it's all made up.

by Anonymousreply 353May 12, 2021 2:41 PM

Is a comic liking drugs and getting into trouble such a story? Is it millenials who are shocked because he seemed like a millenial dream boy--successful, hip, clean-cut, cutesy marriage with what I gather was a cutesy instagram dog, but is just another boozing, stripper-loving cokehead?

by Anonymousreply 354May 12, 2021 2:55 PM

Oh, listen, I know exactly what kind of wife she is, based on the few things I know about her. I believe that she spends all of *their* money. (“I work and he works. It’s OUR money. You think it’s the 1950s and he supports me?”)

I can guarantee she’s told people “If he doesn’t like it, he can leave. He’s still here, so...”

But it’s codependency, so he’s not some innocent victim, either.

by Anonymousreply 355May 12, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]I know exactly what kind of wife she is, based on the few things I know about her

Do you know how crazy that sounds?

by Anonymousreply 356May 12, 2021 2:58 PM

r356, not all DLers are flyover shut-ins. There are some of us who live in NY/LA and are connected to the entertainment world in various ways.

by Anonymousreply 357May 12, 2021 3:11 PM

If Mulaney is gay (or bi because he was married to a woman) and prefers men, why is the scuttlebutt that he's already found another female to stick his dick in?

The breeders can have him.

by Anonymousreply 358May 12, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]r356, not all DLers are flyover shut-ins. There are some of us who live in NY/LA and are connected to the entertainment world in various ways.

You've replied to me over TWO DOZEN times in this thread over the course of about 36 hours, and are repeatedly accusing me of being a host of different trolls, including a "white fags" troll, whatever that even is.

The truth is you're the troll and you're upset because I pointed out that you were sockpuppeting and claiming you had "nailed" the gossip on Mulaney, when the truth is you got it all wrong, saying she was going to divorce him (it was the other way around) and that he was in rehab for mental health issues and not drugs (which also wasn't true).

Go away.

by Anonymousreply 359May 12, 2021 3:20 PM

r359 you are the "ancient white fags" troll who has been infesting this board for years. You are a mentally ill lunatic. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 360May 12, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]The truth is you're the troll and you're upset because I pointed out that you were sockpuppeting and claiming you had "nailed" the gossip on Mulaney, when the truth is you got it all wrong, saying she was going to divorce him (it was the other way around) and that he was in rehab for mental health issues and not drugs (which also wasn't true).

You need to learn how to use trolldar, dear. I did none of those things.

by Anonymousreply 361May 12, 2021 3:23 PM

The worst thing about DL is having to constantly put the "ancient white fags" troll on ignore because he creates multiple accounts.

by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2021 3:24 PM

R356, it’s not crazy. It’s a skill. People fall into categories of behavior and patterns of behavior.

And the other guys is right. I’m a New Yorker, I’ve been around these types my whole life, I know them.

She’s a type.

by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2021 3:25 PM

A wife who just wants to spend money doesn't move away from her husband to DC.

by Anonymousreply 364May 12, 2021 3:28 PM

True, women like Mulaney's wife are all over NY. You can spot them immediately.

by Anonymousreply 365May 12, 2021 3:29 PM

She didn't move to DC.

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2021 3:29 PM

He wasn't making superstar money but she spent like he was. She has a vanity side business that doesn't bring in much cash. The textile job is not really anything full-time. They've had money issues for as long as they've been married, the stress drove him to drink and do coke more than usual and there you have it. I don't know why the troll here is so invested in refuting this when he obviously has no connection to these people or the circles they're in, and probably doesn't even live in NY.

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2021 3:32 PM

She also kept berating him that he basically wasn't getting to the level of a Jerry Seinfeld and all the money that entails, which is what she thought was going to happen when she first hooked up with him.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2021 3:33 PM

Exactly, R364, a "lazy Jewess" who just wants to spend her celebrity husband's cash doesn't go through the trouble to get a Masters in textile conservation and then take a conservationist job in DC, while still living in NYC.

The problem is that DL has a small cadre of really awful women who post in all of these gossip threads, and the same people people pushing the "lazy ball-busting greedy Jew wife" trope are also on Meghan Markle threads saying similar stuff about Meghan and Doria, just racist instead of antisemitic.

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2021 3:35 PM

I’m surprised he didn’t just have her killed.

by Anonymousreply 370May 12, 2021 3:36 PM

People are speculating that he was molested, that his wife's spending drove him to drugs, there's also his brother. One of his brothers died young, he's mentioned it but never goes into detail afaik, I'm sure that's had an effect on him.

There's this strange interview he did with Seth Meyers, not long before he went into rehab, something seemed off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371May 12, 2021 3:45 PM

I'd forgotten about his brother, R371. Apparently per Reddit he did once say this:

[quote]pasted from his 2019 Esquire interview:

[quote]When Mulaney was four, tragedy befell the family: His mother, Ellen, gave birth to a third son, Peter, who, as Mulaney puts it now, “never came home from the hospital.” He says, “I didn’t feel like we were growing up in a house where something had been shattered, if that makes sense. We’d go to his cemetery every year. It was not, like, ‘You don’t mention that.’ But there was a tightness in the air.”

by Anonymousreply 372May 12, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] he needs to get what's called in AA "a sobering up job." This is the job you get, if you can, in the first year of recovery which is sorta non-demanding but pays just enough to get buy. It leaves time for meetings etc.

Macy’s is hiring.

by Anonymousreply 373May 12, 2021 3:49 PM

Wee bit sick to make the kids go to the cemetery with you... Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 374May 12, 2021 3:50 PM

Not at all. Death comes. Kids should know about it.

by Anonymousreply 375May 12, 2021 3:51 PM

I walked his mother home from the liberry.

by Anonymousreply 376May 12, 2021 3:55 PM

He really should have put a hit on her while he was in rehab and made it look like the drug dealers were looking for payment from him and were gonna get it anyway they could. He’d have an air tight alibi.

by Anonymousreply 377May 12, 2021 3:59 PM

Seinfeld was a product of the 90s when network tv still dominated and could make someone seriously rich. Entertainment is too fragmented now. Plus he tried that weird Seinfeld rip off show that was a flop. She should have seen the writing on the wall then.

by Anonymousreply 378May 12, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Plus he tried that weird Seinfeld rip off show that was a flop.

It would have worked fine if the premise hadn't been "working for Martin Short." I stopped watching after two or three episodes, as I can't stand Martin Short.

by Anonymousreply 379May 12, 2021 4:10 PM

[Quote] He really should have put a hit on her while he was in rehab and made it look like the drug dealers were looking for payment from him and were gonna get it anyway they could. He’d have an air tight alibi.

Then he'd have more money for drugs! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 380May 12, 2021 4:14 PM

Hi, John!

by Anonymousreply 381May 12, 2021 4:33 PM

Seinfeld was pretty rude to Mulaney in his ep of “Comedians in Cars”

Jerry is such a dick. He thinks he’s some comedy genius, but his show was all Larry David.

by Anonymousreply 382May 12, 2021 4:35 PM

I wonder how these prominent guys avoid law enforcement with their addiction so public.

by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2021 6:05 PM

Where is all the strippers and skanks information coming from?

If Mulaney was behaving as erratically as it seems (from the bits of his new routine that leaked out) it would explain why Stephen Colbert seemed uncharacteristically cool towards Mulaney in a few segments of Colbert’s show.

by Anonymousreply 384May 12, 2021 6:07 PM

This whole sage could use a Stormy Daniels/Bree Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 385May 12, 2021 6:09 PM

R383, cops in NYC don’t bust the consumers/end users unless they need to hold them on something.

by Anonymousreply 386May 12, 2021 6:12 PM

This thread has gone to some unexpected places. Wow.

(Don’t get me wrong; I love it.)

by Anonymousreply 387May 12, 2021 6:12 PM

I don't think this guy is gay.

by Anonymousreply 388May 12, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] You need to learn how to use trolldar, dear. I did none of those things.

But more than 65 posts on this thread are from YOU, R361! You're clinically insane.

by Anonymousreply 389May 12, 2021 6:24 PM

He's such an odd combo of "aww shucks" mister Rodgers, pudgy faced little boy into show tunes, drug addict, and alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 390May 12, 2021 6:28 PM

His wife Anna Marie is a massive Stevie Nicks fan. That's a red flag that she's a conniving drama queen behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2021 6:30 PM

^ Then tons of DLers must be conniving drama queens

by Anonymousreply 392May 12, 2021 6:32 PM

r369 is obviously not familiar with NYC. These women are all over the place. We all know them. Jackie Hoffman did a hilarious song about them.

by Anonymousreply 393May 12, 2021 6:33 PM

If all your money is going up your nose, a profligate wife is a convenient cover story - especially if you lie about it over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 394May 12, 2021 6:34 PM

Admittedly I'm watching these skits piecemeal on youtube but what's with Hader and Mulaney and their gay skits? This was never an obsession years ago on SNL. Easy laughs or a genuine obsession? They are funny and not offensive but there sure is a lot of male on male kissing and wondering who's the bottom.

Also Mulaney's musical theater jokes are a little bit too on point not to make you wonder. Mel Brooks was broad. Mulaney is specific and detailed. Kind of like how did he know that?

by Anonymousreply 395May 12, 2021 6:36 PM

R390, Meth FacSarlene?

by Anonymousreply 396May 12, 2021 6:36 PM

R393, like men are so blameless? This guy struggled with drugs and alcohol since he was a teen, before he even met his wife

by Anonymousreply 397May 12, 2021 6:36 PM

Jackie Hoffman's ode to women like Mulaney's wife....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398May 12, 2021 6:37 PM

I mean she's a boutique lamp shade 'artist'. That's the most bougie NYC housewife 'job' description ever, regardless of her religion. She's like a Truman Capote character.

by Anonymousreply 399May 12, 2021 6:37 PM

r397 his domestic pressures definitely contributed to his drug and alcohol use. Have you ever known an addict?

by Anonymousreply 400May 12, 2021 6:37 PM

R400, of course I've known addicts. Which is why I think it's stupid to blame his wife

by Anonymousreply 401May 12, 2021 6:39 PM

r401 domestic pressures are like putting gas on the fire of an already present addiction.

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2021 6:42 PM

I generally like his stand up, but I didn’t think he was very funny on the Seinfeld “Cars” show. It was also weirdly edited, like Mulaney would be talking to Seinfeld, gesturing for emphasis, but there was no audio of what he was saying. His “my wife is so fierce and I’m just meek” thing seemed like a lazy prop as well. It’s just an easy way for straight men to disclaim responsibility for their lives.

by Anonymousreply 403May 12, 2021 7:00 PM

But someone claims that Mrs Mulaney has moved to DC? That doesn't sound like what a lady who lunches would do. Someone who sees their husband as a meal ticket is not going to let him out of her sight (and into the arms of another) by moving away from New York.

by Anonymousreply 404May 12, 2021 7:00 PM

The nutter that keeps going on about Mulaney's wife also posted that he (the nutjob) would like to suck Bill Hader off in a sauna, and that Joan Crawford guzzled vodka all day. I suspect he does the same.

by Anonymousreply 405May 12, 2021 7:03 PM

I only posted that she works in DC at Caring for Textiles. I didn't say she moved there, I have no idea where she lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 12, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]But more than 65 posts on this thread are from YOU, R361! You're clinically insane.

You have over a hundred from your multiple accounts, ancient white fags troll.

by Anonymousreply 407May 12, 2021 7:15 PM

If he’s peddling his war stories for money on tour, he has to admit cocaine addiction during the pandemic bankrupted him and made recovery possible.

My homeless people complained the price of heroin and cocaine skyrocketed last summer. He paid a premium for his booger sugar.

by Anonymousreply 408May 12, 2021 7:17 PM

i love him

by Anonymousreply 409May 12, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote]Where is all the strippers and skanks information coming from?

From the troll who's pretending to be an insider who "knows" that "everyone in Hollywood goes to strip clubs."

by Anonymousreply 410May 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Because you're such an expert r410?

by Anonymousreply 411May 12, 2021 7:35 PM

You know what, I take back what I said at r410. A glance at my ignore tab tells me there really IS a guy on here calling everyone "ancient white fags" (how is he not banned? does no one FF him?) and he's been pushing the strip club thing.

The person who is pretending to be an insider is the one who is ACCUSING everyone they dislike of being the "ancient white fags" guy.

I got two of the trolls on here confused. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 412May 12, 2021 7:37 PM

Fun thread.

by Anonymousreply 413May 12, 2021 7:37 PM

So, was the writing job with Seth’s show, sorry I don’t know what it is called, just a way for him to get access to insurance so he would have the coverage for the rehab? As stated, Seth was in on the intervention, so there must be some other reason he hired him knowing he was fucked up and probably headed to rehab? I think it was part of a master plan. Seth might be vulnerable for insurance fraud.

by Anonymousreply 414May 12, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote]The person who is pretending to be an insider is the one who is ACCUSING everyone they dislike of being the "ancient white fags" guy.

The "ancient white fags" troll uses multiple accounts. He's been on here for years. I'm not really an "insider," but the circles I'm in overlap with circles that include people in the entertainment industry. This is not at all uncommon if you live in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 415May 12, 2021 7:40 PM

r414 it was mostly to give him something to do, and also to earn money since the majority of Mulaney's income is from stand-up and of course stand-up was shut down due to Covid.

by Anonymousreply 416May 12, 2021 7:42 PM

His family is very hot-to-trot in Chicago. Dad is a partner in a mega law firm and Mom is a law prof. I am guessing they were able to pay for his rehab?

by Anonymousreply 417May 12, 2021 7:46 PM

I’m not sure how I would feel having someone be a part of my intervention that smokes as much weed as Seth does.

by Anonymousreply 418May 12, 2021 7:56 PM

R414, that's not insurance fraud. Unless he was faking having Mulaney on the payroll, Meyers did nothing illegal.

The investment so many people have in the narrative that Mulaney is either a total victim or a total monster without much evidence of either is really bizarre. (Not just here, but the the whole social media universe.) He's a very talented guy who despite some serious lifelong personal demons seems like a decent person at his core. He works in an industry that paradoxically attracts very vulnerable people but also throws them to the wolves. As a fan hope he gets through this and finds some balance where he can maintain the edge that makes his comedy interesting but not be so self-destructive, but I can't imagine getting so obsessive about the "real" story.

by Anonymousreply 419May 12, 2021 7:59 PM

R418 Mulaney is a hardcore drug addict. His friends drug and alcohol use is not relevant to that.

"They've had money issues for as long as they've been married, the stress drove him to drink and do coke more than usual and there you have it" - More bullshit. Money might have been one of many stresses in his life. He's an addict. They look for any reason possible to go back to using. To blame his relapse on her is ridiculous...

But one thing that has come out of his new standup is Mulaney saying its been years since he performed sober. Which makes it sound like this wasn't falling off the wagon post pandemic (which I think a lot of people assumed was the case).

by Anonymousreply 420May 12, 2021 8:18 PM

The best thing this thread is for is blocking the AA Propaganda Recruitment TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 421May 12, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] Mulaney is a hardcore drug addict. His friends drug and alcohol use is not relevant to that.

Oh come on. It creates an enabling environment.

by Anonymousreply 422May 12, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]"They've had money issues for as long as they've been married, the stress drove him to drink and do coke more than usual and there you have it" - More bullshit. Money might have been one of many stresses in his life. He's an addict. They look for any reason possible to go back to using. To blame his relapse on her is ridiculous...

Nobody's blaming her you dipshit. All that's being said is that life stressors can make addiction worse. His money issues and problems with his wife was definitely a factor. That is relevant to the discussion, as it triggers many addicts to go back to using or increase their usage.

by Anonymousreply 423May 12, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Oh come on. It creates an enabling environment.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, Nancy Regan.

You'd also be hard pressed to find anyone in John's industry who doesn't, at the least, do that especially now that it's legal in many places.

An "enabling environment" by your definition in John's field is just any ole "environment."

Blame-shifting John's issues to his friend's own actions is just another way of excusing his actions. If he screws up, he can't blame hanging around his friends on that. That's on him 100%.

If you think he shouldn't be around anyone that does any drugs at all, anyone that doesn't drink at all, at anyplace where anyone drinks or does drugs at all then he needs to become a school teacher in Minnesota.

Otherwise he's going to have to live in an be part of a world where other people can handle their liquor/weed/whatever else better than him and not have that make him want to start using again.

by Anonymousreply 424May 12, 2021 11:36 PM

R424, the AA Recruitment Troll would say that's your "Stinkin' Thinkin'" at work there!

BARS, INSTITUTIONS & DEATH!!!!!!

(Bill W. screamed for alcohol to drink while on his deathbed!)

by Anonymousreply 425May 12, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]If you think he shouldn't be around anyone that does any drugs at all, anyone that doesn't drink at all, at anyplace where anyone drinks or does drugs at all then he needs to become a school teacher in Minnesota.

Seriously, you're not going to find that in any cosmopolitan area. NYC and LA are coke and alcohol central. That's just how it is.

by Anonymousreply 426May 12, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote]Nobody's blaming her you dipshit

Except you're the one who said:

[quote]Not surprised at all. She was a ball-busting, obnoxious Jewess who drove him crazy

And a bunch of other posts blaming her, claiming she was spending all his money, etc.

by Anonymousreply 427May 13, 2021 12:33 AM

Mulaney is a very talented guy but he seems more vulnerable than someone should be in the entertainment industry. He needs to not only keep up with his past work but needs to surpass it. I wish him the best. There are very few people who have such a sharp sense of humor. I myself don't know how such people do it. I myself am prone to terrible anxiety so I can't imagine being in something so judgmental and exposed as show business without recreational drugs.

by Anonymousreply 428May 13, 2021 12:35 AM

And r427 that was a catalyst, not the cause. You obviously don't live in the real world and think addiction happens in a vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 429May 13, 2021 12:36 AM

R429 That's a weak attempt at backtracking. Your entire post history is riddled with you trying to blame his wife.

by Anonymousreply 430May 13, 2021 12:39 AM

His wife and her demands and nagging certainly contributed to it. I don't know why this is such a controversial opinion.

by Anonymousreply 431May 13, 2021 12:41 AM

It's pretty controversial (or maybe just plain sexist) to blame her when he was an addict before he even met her

by Anonymousreply 432May 13, 2021 12:44 AM

For the millionth time, he's been an addict for years. His problems with his wife exacerbated an already bad situation. Domestic issues cause addicts to lose their shit all the time. You have to be a moron to not understand this.

And some women are shrewish harpies who do nothing but henpeck their husbands to death. That is not misogynist to point that out.

by Anonymousreply 433May 13, 2021 12:46 AM

R429 thinks it's a "disease."

by Anonymousreply 434May 13, 2021 12:59 AM

R433, some men are assholes

by Anonymousreply 435May 13, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote] some men are assholes

They sure are. And some women are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 436May 13, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote] thinks it's a "disease."

It is, and environmental stressors also factor into it.

by Anonymousreply 437May 13, 2021 1:05 AM

It’s not a disease.

You can quit drinking without the Cult of AA.

by Anonymousreply 438May 13, 2021 1:12 AM

The anti-AA troll is the tiresome fanatic here. Most AAers admit AA is not the only way.

by Anonymousreply 439May 13, 2021 1:16 AM

[Quote] And some women are shrewish harpies who do nothing but henpeck their husbands to death. That is not misogynist to point that out

And you're just mentioning by-the-by in this thread? You're rather hamfisted in your attempts to push a narrative AND appear reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 440May 13, 2021 1:18 AM

Where has Mulaney been accused of being a monster? Not here.

by Anonymousreply 441May 13, 2021 1:19 AM

r440 don't overthink it, dear. Some men are assholes, some women are cunts. Mulaney was married to a cunt. Although he's no prize himself. That's the way the world spins.

by Anonymousreply 442May 13, 2021 1:20 AM

Like many talented people in the entertainment industry (and especially comics), he's made some bad choices. In hindsight, she may have been one of those bad choices. But I imagine his family was relieved when they got married, thinking she was the type of "stability" he needed.

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2021 1:23 AM

Is he one of HER bad choices?

by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2021 1:27 AM

Why would anybody want to be married to a comic? Outside of the money if that's your thing?

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2021 1:42 AM

Comics are generally miserable and odd people.

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2021 1:44 AM

[Quote] Why would anybody want to be married to a comic? Outside of the money if that's your thing?

To "save" them?

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2021 1:46 AM

Johnny Carson was a miserable alcoholic with a mean streak a mile wide. Lucille Ball, as we all know, was no picnic either.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2021 1:54 AM

I bet he’ll move to LA so he can be “California Sober” and hang out with the likes of Demi Lavato and her sober star squad.

by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2021 2:02 AM

R447, you're on to something. She thought she would 'save' him from his demons. So the fact he "decided to end our marriage" must be the ultimate rejection.

Re: OP's title of this post, can someone be "jilted" when there's no "other woman" (or "other man" - TBD)?

by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote] Why would anybody want to be married to a comic?

This might shock you but some of us like being with people who make us laugh.

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2021 2:14 AM

Applause for R448 with the current references? WTF. And his wife is no more a cunt than your mother. Who is the dear obsessed finger pointing troll who travels in circles in NYC that overlap other circles that MAY have something to do with John Mulaney? That poster smells in here.

Mulaney was always homely with female hips. He WAS in rehab BEFORE his SNL hosting gig and made a quick return when the shit was about to come out. His wife could have left his ass then. His name dropping and begging for love post rehab makes him seem much weaker than most women I know. Some old queer here has a crush on Mulaney. That's fine. But don't make it a hundred post pathology diatribe that we all must suffer through. You're an abusive old racist bitch. WE know who you are. Mulaney is aiite in small doses. I hear that's all he can deliver.🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2021 2:15 AM

Performers should be be disciplined and extremely moderate about drugs and alcohol, if they use at all. I guess some would argue it helps with creativity but honestly, you need all your energy, strength and sharpness to endure that kind of high-pressure environment. Not easy. Just my lil ole 2c.

by Anonymousreply 453May 13, 2021 2:22 AM

I think Mulaney is funny. So is Tomlin, Carlin, Pryor, Boozler, Rivers, Cho, Rock etc.

Apparently what makes him so "adored" by DL'ers is the gay is he or isn't he.

He ain't that fine, people. Cute maybe.

I'm so sick of his poor me schtick, I wish I was a casual friend - I show up with an 8-Ball of very pure coke, throw it at him, say" you know it and I know it, you were much funnier when high" then leave him to his very own Sophie's choice.

by Anonymousreply 454May 13, 2021 2:37 AM

r452 is the "ancient white fags" troll. Some of this lunatic's other posts, from one of his several accounts:

[quote]You fucking freak fool @ r132. You post all day from multiple devices and try to silence others. You're a sick old bitch. I ain't worried bout you. But it's hard to keep you blocked. Why? We've started another campaign to Mediopolis. It worked before.

[quote]Be gone. Shoo. Fuck off. Be like the ancient white f@gs and die soon. Please.

[quote]Except there is no Muriel. There are, however administrative personnel at Mediopolis R134 and R135. They are familiar with you. It's important to keep record of harassing posters and trolls who keep evading detection by changing their IP address and VPN frequently. "Muriel" is slow to respond, but you can be gotten rid of. In the interim, you're dead. My friends and I campaigned to eliminate another ubiquitous racist, scat obsessed poster, and it's gone. Shoo.

[quote]It is gone. That poster. You don't miss the smell of racist shit? That thing can't start threads no more and there are lawsuits against any company that repeats its trash. You'll be gone soon too R141. But they're afraid you'll try to kill yourself or take vengeance on others. Like before. Do your worst. Your condition is sad. You have toned down the racial epithets, but you are still full of hate speech. You are too abusive and that is actionable. *Muriel* is well aware.

[quote]May Jesus visit healing to your troubled mind tonight. Everyone prays for your release.

[qote]Nah, crazy ass @ R75. Do you want me to show how many times you've posted? Under several devices. You're a well known NUTJOB on Datalounge. You're an argumentative cunt who likes SHIT. (you REALLY like shit - go back to your scat threads, please) We're talking about music, great singers and talent. Nobody mentioned pop charts but you. That's your go to when one of your old girlhood idols is criticized. You ARE the ANCIENT WHITE FAG!!! Shoo.

[quote]ONJ was pop. Mediocre pop. She belongs where she belongs. Not in the same sentence as anyone great.

by Anonymousreply 455May 13, 2021 2:43 AM

There must be some insiders on this thread with some deep intel to know about his financial situation. Is this real news or just speculation?

by Anonymousreply 456May 13, 2021 2:44 AM

^Nancy Who?

NANCY DREW!

by Anonymousreply 457May 13, 2021 2:44 AM

Being with someone who makes you laugh is one thing but you'd want to be married to somebody who has to make a living by being funny?

by Anonymousreply 458May 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Why was Nastaha Leone there, do they no each other well or was she there as the example that you can become sober and still have a successful career? Or maybe she had gone through the same program in Pennsylvania and like when they have former college graduates interview prospect students she was there as a brand ambassador and recruiter?

by Anonymousreply 459May 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Why are you assuming a comedian would waste good material on a nonpaying audience?

by Anonymousreply 460May 13, 2021 2:51 AM

r456 there have been several posts about his financial situation. To sum it up: He's wealthy, but not big-time wealthy. When he and his wife hooked up she thought he was going to hit the stratosphere and have Seinfeld-type money. She lived the lifestyle of a Manhattan Princess from Day One. Of course Mulaney never got into the zillionaire club and she was bitter about it. Constant haranguing over "why can't you do this? Why can't you do that? etc." Typical behavior from a spouse who thought their meal ticket would be a better provider, but turned out to not reach the heights that were expected. Mulaney has had drug an alcohol issues going way back to his teenage years, and the career stuff plus his unhappy domestic situation made it all worse. His wife knew he was a drinker and coke user from the beginning, so what did she expect? He would just magically stop? His main income was from stand-up and of course stand-up shut down because of Covid so he had insecurity about money, he was home with his wife haranguing him and everything just blew up. He got a job as a writer for Seth Meyers for some extra money and also just to give him something to do. It didn't help much because his friends stage a big intervention and off he went to rehab.

Like many comics, Mulaney is a pretty sad person IRL.

by Anonymousreply 461May 13, 2021 2:51 AM

From when does the GQ interview date?

by Anonymousreply 462May 13, 2021 2:54 AM

R461 His problems run deeper than money drying up due to covid and diminished career opportunities. When he married, his wife made him adopt her friends, stan the music she likes, wear the clothes she chose for him, told him how to think, etc. There is something deeply wrong with him for accepting this very submissive lifestyle. It's almost like a masochistic paypig thing with him.

by Anonymousreply 463May 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Why do you assume this guy has money issues? Money could be tight yes, but among other things, he owns this freaking house in Los Angeles.

I doubt it's paid off already but I assume even for celebrities, the bank is pretty pissed if you don't pay your mortgage. If he really was in some deep trouble, why not put the house on the market? There appears to be some equity in it. Otherweise we can likely assume that he was able to still pay probably around 10K a month for it, regardless of a supposedly overspending wife, his apartment in NY and his own drug habit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 13, 2021 2:58 AM

r464 how do you think people get into money troubles? Too much real estate.

by Anonymousreply 465May 13, 2021 3:00 AM

I remember when DL worshipped Armie and that damn wife Elizabeth was a shrew-cunt-fishwife.

Then the true Armie was revealed, and he was a monster and poor Elizabeth.

I have a feeling Anna may be a sweetheart who likes to make things, and Mulaney is the Dunaway gorgon kabuki monster on cocaine.

Just watch his standup (which is very entertaining} but you see what a prissy little judgmental twat he can be. Add too much alcohol and cocaine and fucking duck quick, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 466May 13, 2021 3:00 AM

Naw, Elizabeth Chamber and Mulaney’s wife are both in the running for cunt of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 467May 13, 2021 3:03 AM

I know that too much real estate can lead to money trouble. But why on earth should he be in trouble if he managed to still pay for this house for over a year? I don't know about your bank but I once missed a mortgage payment (becase the auto deducts got stuck) and they were all up in arms, already threatening foreclosure. So since he was not forced to put this house on the market and likely get some of the equity out of the sale, I will assume he was and still is able to dish out 10K a month for it. His budget might be a little tighter because of it, but this still isn't broke.

by Anonymousreply 468May 13, 2021 3:08 AM

Alcoholics are thin because they forget to eat or lose their appetite. I went on vacation with an alcoholic friend of mine who started drinking in the airport and didn't stop the entire trip. He was so wasted at points I had to remind him to eat.

All always remember Molly Shannon on SNL playing this old Debbi Reynolds chorus girl singing - "My legs are skinny cause I like to drink!"

by Anonymousreply 469May 13, 2021 3:09 AM

R469 And were they and was she sharing her truth in a not so veiled way? Are all the Irish actors alcoholics, I just finished Andrew McCarthy’s biography. Do we need to worry about Soariase?

by Anonymousreply 470May 13, 2021 3:14 AM

Is R455 insane? I think he should be banned from this site. HE was always on the Drag Race threads posting racist hate towards all contestants of colour. Hundreds of posts.Hate speech. I haven't got time to point them out - just isolate the old man. It's a public menace in my country to be like this .Who is he copying and pasting? He makes no sense. Projection is when you accuse other people of what you do right? R455 has posted 75 times on THIS thread. Old man bitch is NUTS. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 471May 13, 2021 3:14 AM

r468 nobody said he was broke, just stretched pretty thin.

by Anonymousreply 472May 13, 2021 3:19 AM

r471 aka "ancient white fags" troll your writing style is exactly the same in all your accounts. We see you.

BTW I've never watched two minutes of that Rupaul show and have never posted in any of the threads. Get help, you insane fuck.

by Anonymousreply 473May 13, 2021 3:20 AM

How many times has he relapsed?

by Anonymousreply 474May 13, 2021 3:21 AM

This thread is really something else. It's like watching the progression of mental illness over the course of at least 200+ replies by ONE schizophrenic troll at r473 r472 r461 r455 r448 r446 r442 r438 r437 r434 r433 r431 r421 r415, etc, who relentlessly argues with HERSELF and the extremely soft and sensitive aiiite/f@g/🙏🏿troll at r452 r89 r292 r78 r89. Or do we have ONE queen behind multiple accounts?

Either way, who the fuck cares about John Mulaney? Is this troll John Mulaney? What will satisfy the troll if she keeps feeding herself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 13, 2021 3:23 AM

r475 you need some serious help. Calling people "fags" on a message board for GLBT is unacceptable. You're just pissed you're getting called out for your insanity and hate.

by Anonymousreply 476May 13, 2021 3:25 AM

r422 You are totally wrong. His friends can use all the drugs and alcohol they want. If they are having a good time and it doesnt impact their health, families or careers, great. If they don't try to convince a sober person to give up their sobriety, they're not being a problem. It is definitely important that an addict determine if its a healthy environment to be around people who aren't sober, but that's a personal decision. His friends are not responsible for his addiction OR his sobriety (but they should use some discretion and common sense when using around him, especially in the early stages of sobriety).

There are 60,000 bars in the U.S. That's not too many or too little. But alcoholics shouldn't be in there drinking.

by Anonymousreply 477May 13, 2021 3:26 AM

R459 Natasha Lyonne is Fred Armisen's girlfriend so they probably know each other well.

by Anonymousreply 478May 13, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote]There are 60,000 bars in the U.S. That's not too many or too little. But alcoholics shouldn't be in there drinking.

Well where the hell else are they going to go?

by Anonymousreply 479May 13, 2021 3:28 AM

Why did I think Natasha Lyonne was a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 480May 13, 2021 3:31 AM

May god bless and keep you always. And heal some troubled minds, this night. Is this footage of Mulaney in drag? I think so. He had some lungs, before the pipe.🙏🏾

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481May 13, 2021 3:33 AM

R480 Because she’s a cheerleader! But perceived lesbian Elizabeth Moss was briefly married to Armisen too.

by Anonymousreply 482May 13, 2021 3:35 AM

John isn't gay, but his cigarette brand is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483May 13, 2021 3:49 AM

[quote]Alcoholics are thin because they forget to eat or lose their appetite. I went on vacation with an alcoholic friend of mine who started drinking in the airport and didn't stop the entire trip. He was so wasted at points I had to remind him to eat.

Food also dulls the effects of all that booze. Alcoholics would rather drink their calories.

by Anonymousreply 484May 13, 2021 4:00 AM

WTF? Patti was the bomb. I don't like her usually but that is one hell of a vocal. Bob Dylan?

John M would never have become a coke head stripper licker if he could sing like that.

by Anonymousreply 485May 13, 2021 4:15 AM

He always gave off privileged elite rich white boy vibes, so fuck him. You can't figure out your life at your age with $6 million in the bank? Over the last year, this country has known real pain and struggle, and this asshole thinks we need to know or care about his "personal struggles?" I hope he fucks directly off.

by Anonymousreply 486May 13, 2021 4:49 AM

r459 she has been in a relationship with Fred Armisen so maybe that's how she knows Mulaney

by Anonymousreply 487May 13, 2021 5:21 AM

[quote] He did a spot-on piss-take of a pompous, pretentious theater type who always thinks he's right.

That was a direct parody of Stephen Sondheim in "Original Cast Album: Company."

by Anonymousreply 488May 13, 2021 5:52 AM

Yes r488 that's true. If you've watched the real doc, Sondheim is really up his own ass.

by Anonymousreply 489May 13, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]Or do we have ONE queen behind multiple accounts?

I'm starting to think both trolls are run by one person, yes.

[quote]Either way, who the fuck cares about John Mulaney?

Fans and gossip mavens do, and this IS a gossip forum, whether you approve of that or not.

It would be nice to talk about gossip (or any other topic) without mentally ill trolls turning everything into a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 490May 13, 2021 10:43 AM

[Quote] without mentally ill trolls

Well, when the subject of the thread is John Mulaney...

by Anonymousreply 491May 13, 2021 11:38 AM

Natasha Leone porked by Fred Armisen makes me 🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 492May 13, 2021 1:34 PM

I thought Lyonne was a lesbian, too.

This thread has me thinking about Catholic guilt and shame, and Jewish guilt and being forced to say things out loud that you’re ashamed of when you’re brought up not to say them and all kinds of things.

by Anonymousreply 493May 13, 2021 1:38 PM

Also, remember when Jerry Seinfeld was dating a 17-year old? Good times.

by Anonymousreply 494May 13, 2021 1:39 PM

Can someone who watched the video (or whatever it is) about John's intervention list the people he brags about being there? So far, I got Natasha Lyonne.

by Anonymousreply 495May 13, 2021 2:06 PM

It's fine Sondheim was up his own ass. He got a great obcr out of it. Stritch is really terrible on the day of recording and nails it the next day. Also isn't Pamela like a quarter or half tone off on one note on Another Hundred People and who would have caught it but Sondheim? It's better his way.

by Anonymousreply 496May 13, 2021 2:10 PM

I just wish they had fixed Stritch's sustained flat note in Company which is really painful.

by Anonymousreply 497May 13, 2021 2:12 PM

He kissed her goodbye with semen still on his lips.

by Anonymousreply 498May 13, 2021 2:25 PM

R495, several are listed in the link at R333. I don't know if there's video anywhere, all I know of is the article.

by Anonymousreply 499May 13, 2021 2:29 PM

Maybe they could do a photoshoot and cover story about the intervention?

by Anonymousreply 500May 13, 2021 5:38 PM

How is it possible he got down to 105 pounds?

I was sick for a while and got down to 105 and looked like I was at death’s door. And I’m a 5’5” female.

Mulaney is famously six feet tall and allegedly male!

by Anonymousreply 501May 13, 2021 6:01 PM

Have he and Nick Kroll fucked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 13, 2021 6:04 PM

105 pounds is probably either a comic exaggeration or a misprint.

by Anonymousreply 503May 13, 2021 7:08 PM

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504May 13, 2021 8:22 PM

^^Maybe that’s why he ditched his wife?

by Anonymousreply 505May 13, 2021 8:23 PM

R504 he does know that she's a world class, well known beard, no?

by Anonymousreply 506May 13, 2021 8:23 PM

^^ Isn't Oliva Munn the Queen of the Professional Beards?? ^^

by Anonymousreply 507May 13, 2021 8:24 PM

R506, I'm sure this one gave her a good review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 13, 2021 8:26 PM

I would think that someone looking for a bearding arrangement would be a little smarter than to choose someone as obvious as Olivia Munn. The drugs and booze must have really done a job on Mulaney's brain,

by Anonymousreply 509May 13, 2021 8:27 PM

He is finally free to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 510May 13, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote]"They met at church in Los Angeles."

Oh John, we had such high hopes for you.

by Anonymousreply 511May 13, 2021 8:41 PM

Olivia Munn?

Congratulations, John! Welcome to your new life as an openly gay man!

by Anonymousreply 512May 13, 2021 8:43 PM

^^ LOL! ^^

by Anonymousreply 513May 13, 2021 8:52 PM

Baby gay's first beard

by Anonymousreply 514May 13, 2021 9:18 PM

Chris Pine dated Olivia Munn, and as you can see he was quite in love with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515May 13, 2021 9:32 PM

Olivia would make a fortune if she’d just endorse a line of dildoes.

by Anonymousreply 516May 13, 2021 9:48 PM

He is now courting Olivia Munn!

by Anonymousreply 517May 13, 2021 10:51 PM

Olivia Munn? Was Julianne Hough too busy?

by Anonymousreply 518May 13, 2021 10:59 PM

R483, is John a COVID denier too? Why does he want people to open the theaters?

by Anonymousreply 519May 13, 2021 11:01 PM

He is hot, witty, and vaudevillian as heck!

by Anonymousreply 520May 13, 2021 11:02 PM

Will Olivia receive the same DL treatment as the wife?

by Anonymousreply 521May 13, 2021 11:16 PM

Are you kidding r521? She's been lampooned up and down this board for years, already. This new "relationship" move will just be another nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 522May 13, 2021 11:33 PM

^ Yep. Olivia's already been roasted 'round these parts

by Anonymousreply 523May 13, 2021 11:37 PM

If you "date" Olivia Munn you might as well sing Judy Garland songs with a dildo shoved up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 524May 13, 2021 11:46 PM

Has Olivia been portrayed as a princess out to spend someone's money? I thought her image was paid beard. Surely the ones who pay the beard are the ones lampooned?

by Anonymousreply 525May 13, 2021 11:56 PM

someone saw his recent stand up and tells what John talked about

It's in 3 sections

He talked about his intervention

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526May 13, 2021 11:56 PM

I think Olivia Munn is a DL meme, I’ve never heard of her before DL and I’ve never seen a TV show, movie or ad she’s been in.

by Anonymousreply 527May 14, 2021 12:05 AM

Olivia Munn had her nude pics 'leaked' a few years ago, she had added captions like 'choke me daddy' or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 528May 14, 2021 12:09 AM

That's hot.

by Anonymousreply 529May 14, 2021 12:29 AM

2018 relapse? I suspected as much.

by Anonymousreply 530May 14, 2021 12:29 AM

2018 relapse? I suspected as much.

by Anonymousreply 531May 14, 2021 12:29 AM

This gurl is a MESS

by Anonymousreply 532May 14, 2021 12:40 AM

^ Olivia or John?

by Anonymousreply 533May 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Are we sure Olivia Munn isn’t just his dealer, maybe that’s why she’s always hanging out with all these celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 534May 14, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote]If you "date" Olivia Munn you might as well sing Judy Garland songs with a dildo shoved up your ass.

Well, he did do this sketch on network TV, which is close enough.

(Note his coke nose at 1:41.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535May 14, 2021 12:48 AM

He really is obsessed with tops and bottoms in his work. Straight men would not be.

by Anonymousreply 536May 14, 2021 1:04 AM

R535, he says "pass around party bottom" with a lot of conviction

by Anonymousreply 537May 14, 2021 1:08 AM

Colton Underwood doesn't strike me as terribly bright, but, before coming out, even he would not have been so addle-pated to announce that he was "dating" Olivia Munn.

by Anonymousreply 538May 14, 2021 1:13 AM

[Quote] He really is obsessed with tops and bottoms in his work. Straight men would not be.

Are you kidding? Sodomy is the number one think straights think about in reference to gay men.

by Anonymousreply 539May 14, 2021 1:14 AM

*thing

by Anonymousreply 540May 14, 2021 1:14 AM

Olivia can do better than Mulaney. He's her homeliest stud BF yet. Who knew John could keep sinking and sinking lower. Dude is ruining his brand, not with Munn. But with his playbook begging for his career back and becoming a constitutional liar. The admissions on stage - who the fuck does this milquetoast think he is -Richard Pryor or Chappelle? Mulaney is a step away from being a girl. He's already got the hips and lack of testosterone. His stand up was never presented anything other than ironically - now most will suspect that not even his "created image" is true. Bitch is a mess. Sounding more like Robert Downey Junior everyday, aka a self pitying liar who takes it up the ass for an eightball and being spit on. Loves it until he's a few days sober. Then calls Olivia Munn.

by Anonymousreply 541May 14, 2021 1:15 AM

But straights do not obsess about 'tops' and 'bottoms' the way Mulaney does.

by Anonymousreply 542May 14, 2021 1:23 AM

[Quote] But straights do not obsess about 'tops' and 'bottoms' the way Mulaney does.

They want to know who's taking it and who's giving it. That's tops and bottoms, hon.

by Anonymousreply 543May 14, 2021 1:24 AM

Stud BF? On what planet is John Mulaney a stud!?

by Anonymousreply 544May 14, 2021 1:26 AM

On my planet, dickwipe r544.

by Anonymousreply 545May 14, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]They want to know who's taking it and who's giving it. That's tops and bottoms, hon.

Every queen on DL seems to obsess over this constantly.

by Anonymousreply 546May 14, 2021 1:33 AM

R544 is too dense to understand nuance, irony, sarcasm or weather.

by Anonymousreply 547May 14, 2021 1:35 AM

r541 = "Ancient white fags" troll.

by Anonymousreply 548May 14, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote]Mulaney is a step away from being a girl. He's already got the hips and lack of testosterone.

This is something homophobic straight people say. You can fuck right off, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 549May 14, 2021 1:42 AM

Munn is definitely either his beard or his dealer. No way they would just meet organically.

by Anonymousreply 550May 14, 2021 1:53 AM

'Every queen on DL seems to obsess over this constantly.'

This. Straights do not. I don't think you've spent much time around straight people.

by Anonymousreply 551May 14, 2021 1:53 AM

R541 is interesting and astute. Funny and literate. Nice enough. Points out things that a certain poster becomes enraged by here. Why? We CAN be rid of that ancient slag soon. I'm neither homophobic or straight. But I hate ancient white hate mongering FAGS. Be a queen, but cut the racist shit and stop talking crazy shit. You ain't been close to dick in 40 years old man. Datalounge has only a few of your kind left. They die, thank christ. R548 and R549 is one of them. That old white racist f@g bitch has posted more than 100 times on this thread. From one of his devices. He agrees with itself from two others. Enjoy it! He's dumb, obvious, desperate and obsolete as a human.

John Mulaney doesn't deserve black dick and neither does you know who. His racist hatred on multiple threads is enough to have anyone charged with hate speech on most other another forums. Duh. Homophobic? What are you bitch? 85 or 89 years old? The truth about people is not homophobic. John Mulaney is a weak white man. More a girl than a boy. Now go suck on your bottle of vodka. You're the troll on this thread, the Zendaya thread, the Drag Race threads, The Halston Thread - The Alanis Morissette thread- the La Lange, La Fonda, La Streep threads. A pathetic sad ancient white fag. There is no other world for you. Stop messing with mine. You'll be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 552May 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Olivia Munn? He’s 100% gay

by Anonymousreply 553May 14, 2021 1:56 AM

r552 needs to be put out of his misery.

by Anonymousreply 554May 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Munn is a sober coach?

by Anonymousreply 555May 14, 2021 1:58 AM

R541 gets it. People really bought his image which is why he was so popular and why there was such an outpouring of support for him when he went into rehab, but with his recent behavior, people are realizing it was all fake and while they will extend some sympathy to him, they won’t love him like they did. And he will become angrier, more self pitying and self destructive.

by Anonymousreply 556May 14, 2021 2:01 AM

Munn beards? Honest question, I dislike her and don't read much about her because of it.

That old 2015 interview with her when she's talking about basically stalking him at a wedding when he was there with his fiancee makes her sound like a thirsty-ass name-dropping bitch, so she and John have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 557May 14, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote][R541] gets it.

Please, R541 is the guy screaming "fag" at everyone 24/7, and it's beyond me why he's not ignored by everyone on here, though I suspect it's because so many DLers aren't actually gay so a person yelling "fag" at everyone else doesn't really register with them.

Mulaney chose to buck the sexist "my wife sucks" comedic shtick and went with the exact opposite, talking repeatedly about how much he loved his wife and oh, look at his cute dog, and here are a dozen bits about buying homes and having kids and golly, he's so old fashioned with his Mid-Atlantic accent and adorable little suits. He used to drink but had to stop, he used to be an addict but he got himself clean. He's such a nice boy that he parties with Pete Davidson to help him stay clean!

People expect celebrities to polish the truth and exaggerate. They don't expect the entire image to be a lie.

Anyway, this explains why his wife wasn't at the intervention. Either he's straight and he'd dumped her for a celebrity ho already, or she said enough and had already left, maybe for DC.

I can't remember a time when I went so quickly from being a fan to being actively irritated and then bored with a celebrity. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find some of those threads on Olivia Munn that I apparently never read so I can catch up on her bearding escapades.

by Anonymousreply 558May 14, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote]Munn beards?

Seriously? I think she invented bearding arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 559May 14, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote]He's such a nice boy that he parties with Pete Davidson to help him stay clean!

This was an eyebrow-raiser at DL when it started. In the press, it was portrayed that sober, stable Mulaney was mentoring troubled Davidson.

Some DLers were not buying it. Turns out Mulaney was using the whole time, and we were right.

by Anonymousreply 560May 14, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]I can't remember a time when I went so quickly from being a fan to being actively irritated and then bored with a celebrity.

Unfortunately, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 561May 14, 2021 2:30 AM

I don't believe you're bored. You want to see how this ends.

by Anonymousreply 562May 14, 2021 2:39 AM

I recall watching his stand up and he made references to his wife spending like a bigger star than he is.

by Anonymousreply 563May 14, 2021 3:02 AM

When does he obsess about tops and bottoms in his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 564May 14, 2021 3:03 AM

Which show, R563? I'm asking though I'm 100% certain you'll say you don't remember.

And R562, I can't even comprehend what you mean by "until this ends." This is just some celebrity's life, it's not a situation that has a clear beginning or end, unless you're saying you're certain I'm going to keep paying attention to him until he dies.

by Anonymousreply 565May 14, 2021 3:08 AM

I am bored by anyone who is dating Olivia Munn at this point.

by Anonymousreply 566May 14, 2021 3:14 AM

Mulaney was a niche guy to start with. He's done.

by Anonymousreply 567May 14, 2021 3:26 AM

R564 never watches SNL.

by Anonymousreply 568May 14, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote]I don't believe you're bored. You want to see how this ends.

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 569May 14, 2021 3:43 AM

Mulaney is a good writer, and he sold people on a persona, which was quite subversive:

- I look like a choirboy, but I'm a comic who writes for SNL and talks and writes about naughty things.

- I grew up in a rich and successful family, but my parents actually disapprove of me.

- I used to drink too much and do drugs, but I stopped all on my own and have been sober for years.

- I seem gay, but I'm actually straight.

- I'm straight, but I write extremely detailed musical theater parodies.

- I'm married, but I love my wife and we don't want children, and I actually love that she henpecks me.

I think the disappointment now is that people expect the same level of subversion about rehab and the divorce. The most subversive route would be total honesty. But now, no one knows how much he was bullshitting then or is bullshitting now, and his account of rehab seems to be mostly complaints about vanity. And adding Olivia Munn to the gossip mix — well, she's the Queen of Hollywood BS.

This is the risk of being someone who's built a standup comedy act around their persona — people like the stories and jokes you spin based on that persona, and they buy tickets and give you views and whatever based on that. Nobody expects you to be perfect. But if someone makes you laugh because you think they're anti-bullshit, and now you question how much of what they were selling you was bullshit, well ...

by Anonymousreply 570May 14, 2021 3:55 AM

👏🏼Leave👏🏼John👏🏼Alone👏🏼You👏🏼Queens👏🏼👸🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 571May 14, 2021 6:11 AM

Nobody hates John Mulaney. He should try to keep it that way.

by Anonymousreply 572May 14, 2021 6:21 AM

Oh, Bowen/R571 - you only wish you'd get John's level of attention. But you're not that good a writer.

by Anonymousreply 573May 14, 2021 7:20 AM

[quote] I recall watching his stand up and he made references to his wife spending like a bigger star than he is.

He's a damned liar. He was gaslighting his wife. He was the one spending all the money on cocaine and his skanky girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 574May 14, 2021 8:12 AM

I wanted the best for him but doing demanding work and starting a relationship, and getting it in the press, are not things you do in early recovery. You take time off to concentrate on learning how to live sober and learn new routines around that. This does not bode well for him. He's going to relapse if he hasn't already.

by Anonymousreply 575May 14, 2021 9:58 AM

I’m starting to feel a little bad for Annamarie. She might be a bitch, but imagine your ex started “dating” Olivia Munn. Ow.

by Anonymousreply 576May 14, 2021 10:42 AM

I kinda feel worse that that she married a fag r576.

by Anonymousreply 577May 14, 2021 11:15 AM

Sober up, self-loathing OP at R577.

by Anonymousreply 578May 14, 2021 11:20 AM

Excellent post R570

There is a strong parallel between him and another fall from grace, Ellen. Another inoffensive comedic persona that imploded when the mask was taken off. Audiences abandoned Ellen who like Mulaney they had turned to for largely inoffensive entertainments and I suspect the same will happen for John - he won’t be able to sell out Radio City again, that stage of his career is over.

by Anonymousreply 579May 14, 2021 11:25 AM

I will also add that they way Mulaney crafted an image and sold reminds me almost of a politician, even the posters for his shows have a strong political campaign feel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 14, 2021 11:43 AM

It reminds me of whenever there’s a young good looking politician on the rise (Beto probably being the most recent) who crafts this sort of feel good image based off his inoffensive handsomeness

by Anonymousreply 581May 14, 2021 11:46 AM

If he had to date a beard, I wish he would have chosen Zendaya, they’re leggy feature would have complemented each other. And from the SNL wedding skit we know he has loads of BLM cred.

by Anonymousreply 582May 14, 2021 11:48 AM

Zendaya isn't grabbing a chair on this Titanic shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 583May 14, 2021 12:23 PM

Is he still alive?

by Anonymousreply 584May 14, 2021 12:59 PM

If he was going for a bearding/PR relationship, he’d have been better off with another comedian or comedic actress. A Jenny Slate type who would be relatable to his female fans. Going with a bicycle like Munn just shows he’s shallow and gullible and that’s going to turn a ton of his fans off.

by Anonymousreply 585May 14, 2021 1:16 PM

R572 Wrong, I hate him. I didn't know him but after reading R570 summary I find him absolutely appalling.

by Anonymousreply 586May 14, 2021 1:23 PM

Why are people talking about "a fall from grace"? He didn't embezzle money or fuck cancer kids. First of all, I don't think John is a household enough name to have a fall from grace from anything. Secondly, he did some coke- had a problem - and went to rehab... hardly a scandal. The only interesting thing to come out of this is the Olivia Munn thing and even that is boring, because she is so basic.

by Anonymousreply 587May 14, 2021 1:34 PM

Who fucked cancer kids, was that Jimmy Saville?

by Anonymousreply 588May 14, 2021 1:44 PM

This thread has gone nuclear. Who knew JOHN MULANEY could inspire such venom? I mean, he's not a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 589May 14, 2021 2:55 PM

R589, that’s what I love about this place. You never know when and where things will go nuclear.

by Anonymousreply 590May 14, 2021 3:00 PM

No he isn't, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 591May 14, 2021 3:00 PM

Part 2 soon, please?

by Anonymousreply 592May 14, 2021 3:10 PM

OK I’ll make one

by Anonymousreply 593May 14, 2021 3:22 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 14, 2021 3:25 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 595May 14, 2021 7:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 596May 14, 2021 7:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 597May 14, 2021 7:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 598May 14, 2021 7:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 599May 14, 2021 7:20 PM

closed

by Anonymousreply 600May 14, 2021 7:20 PM

NOT closed. HAhahaha!

by Anonymousreply 601May 14, 2021 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!