Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Dr. Althea Davis?

Is she still at Hope Memorial?

Is that hot Dr. Mike still on staff?

Is the old girl still chasing Dr. Nick's thick, swarthy cock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Oh, that old Lucy! What is she up to now?

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2021 10:01 PM

She and Nick were quite steamy together.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2021 10:22 PM

GL fell apart at the absolute worst time it could have in 1992. The show was red hot and rising in the ratings. I think it finished at #5 for the season but would have been higher had it not lost 3 of its most important actresses in 3 huge stories within a 6 week span. The momentum just died. Though the show was still great, losing that momentum going into Jan of 1993 when they killed off Maureen was the worst timing imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2021 10:27 PM

Good riddance to boring fishwife Maureen. She was the soap equivalent of ambien.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2021 11:58 PM

Yes. Fifty years later, she’s still there.

by Anonymousreply 5April 29, 2021 12:19 AM

She was unnecessarily nasty to dear Jada Rowland on Miss Locher's interview.

by Anonymousreply 6April 29, 2021 12:50 AM

La Hubbard was last seen scandalizing DL by downplaying Marland's genius, saying he was mostly interested in writing "young love" stories.

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2021 12:52 AM

GL had a hard time winning back viewers after the terrible 85-86 season. It had solid, strong 88, 89, 90 and 91 years. 1992 was a breakout year. Word of mouth finally caught up to quality. It just imploded in the summer of 92. Looking back, it is hard to believe Stringfield, McKinsey and Simms left at once. Nothing they could do about Stringfield- Hollywood was calling. Probably not a lot they could do about McKinsey. But they sure could have kept Simms. How the fuck did the Powers allow things to just fall apart like this? Then, the writers started leaving. It was either horribly bad luck, horrible decision making, or a combo. What a fucking shame.

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2021 12:52 AM

Hubbard is one of those rare daytime actors/actresses who played characters that were completely different. Althea and Lucinda could not be more unlike. Lisa Brown's Nola and Iva were another example.

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2021 1:18 AM

I think Hubbard held a grudge against Doug for writing her off "The Doctors" and essentially having her fired.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2021 1:19 AM

Another is Peter Bergman. He played enormously popular good guy Cliff on AMC and seamlessly transitioned to the cad Jack on Y&R, and totally made that role his own. Another is Donna Mills. Her roles on Love Is a Many Splendored Thing and Knots could've have been more different.

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2021 1:22 AM

Let's add Susan Flannery to that list. I'm assuming Dr. Laura Horton and Stephanie Forrester wouldn't have much in common.

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2021 1:24 AM

Those early Doctors epsides were fab!

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2021 1:47 AM

Yes, yes, yes, R13. Rita Lakin and Rick Edelstein were masterful storytellers who get very little credit on just how good they were.

The Pollocks are the writers who get credited with making The Doctors must watch TV with great ratings, but Lakin and Edelstein were amazing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2021 2:38 AM

Many of Rita Lakin's storylines would be fresh TODAY. Fresher than the tiresome things we see on the remaining shows.

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2021 3:21 AM

Is Dr. Mike flashing the orderlies again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2021 3:49 AM

Hubbard’s such an old cunt. Rowland was annoyed with her, understandably.

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2021 10:32 AM

Lois Smith as Eleanor Conrad, nutty wife of Bernie McInnery - whose character was in love with Althea, gave one of the most hilarious takes on mental illness. She stole scenes from Hubbard, who must have hated her. Eleanor would write crazy poems and recite them. Hubbard's eyes would dart all over the place when Althea was forced to listen.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2021 11:26 AM

Nobody upstages Liz. Lydia Bruce knew her place and always let Liz steal their scenes together, so that's why she and Liz got along.

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2021 12:14 PM

I was watching an old Law and Order this week, like Paul Sorvino old, and a character looked familiar. “Dr Nick” was the only name I could come up with and then “Althea” and then I saw this thread. Kismet!

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2021 12:28 PM

La Liz referred to Nancy Stafford as "that shoe model" in her Miss Locher reunion. What a piece of work!

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2021 12:41 PM

I don't want the Locher shows. Why was she so nasty?

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2021 12:42 PM

Liz is always a nasty old bitch. She’s never happy.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2021 12:47 PM

People like Hubbard and McKinsey always came off like entitled my shit don't stink cunts. Took themselves way too seriously. Get over yourself! You're a stupid fucking soap actress.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2021 1:02 PM

She was hardly nasty. The show with Hubbard and Martha Byrne was excellent, probably one of the best. Mainly because Alan Locher doesn't know how to lead or navigate an interview, but who the fuck needs to do that when you have Liz? Just let her speak (and he wisely stopped trying to lead after a while, with few exceptions).

It did shock many, me included, to hear her say Marland was only interested in young love. Everything else she said was very smart and very intuitive, but that was one was a shocker. From our perspective the show was filled with mature romances - Bob and Kim, Lucinda and John, Emma and whoever THAT hussy was fucking at the moment.....but it's also very true that Doug was best at young love, so maybe there was some truth in that.

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2021 1:36 PM

It was men like this who imprinted on my brain and definitely formed my aesthetics!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote] GL had a hard time winning back viewers after the terrible 85-86 season. It had solid, strong 88, 89, 90 and 91 years. 1992 was a breakout year. Word of mouth finally caught up to quality. It just imploded in the summer of 92. Looking back, it is hard to believe Stringfield, McKinsey and Simms left at once. Nothing they could do about Stringfield- Hollywood was calling. Probably not a lot they could do about McKinsey. But they sure could have kept Simms. How the fuck did the Powers allow things to just fall apart like this? Then, the writers started leaving. It was either horribly bad luck, horrible decision making, or a combo. What a fucking shame.

1993 was the year something weird happened at P&G and CBS. It's the year a lot of cities moved GL to morning time slots. I think this may have been the year Ed Short left P&G? It was a year of big changes in CBS too, I think. Things imploded on both ATWT (because of Doug's death) and GL and I'm thinking JFP's decisions, with no oversight, led to the bad budget and casting decisions. (Simms wasn't gung ho on leaving but they undercut her so badly on budget that she had no choice, and the role was ruined after that until Tesreau came back. They should have given her whatever she wanted.)

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2021 1:41 PM

Viewers desert shows, especially when the alternatives are looking better and better. GH started rebounding creatively around 92/93, so maybe many of the bored GL viewers started tuning back into GH. Then the OJ trial happened in quick succession, which was disastrous for all soaps.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2021 1:54 PM

The Maureen’s death story was brilliant soap opera. Very well written and acted. So many people won Emmys because of it, including the writing team.

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2021 2:00 PM

I really need to sign up for that Doctors online show thing.....where you can watch them, in order, any time.

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2021 2:01 PM

R15 what was so fresh about it?

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2021 2:14 PM

R8, Jill could have said ok, Kimberly, what do you want to stay?

And here's another thing -- when you LOSE 3 actresses maybe bring 2 or 3 others back? Susan Pratt, Mary Kay Adams, and/or Lenore Kasdorf?

Maybe show that Rita's dead baby with Ed was really alive? How would that affect Maureen?

Bring Roger up on trial for kidnapping Rita (and maybe ole Raj finds the presumed dead kid).

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote] what was so fresh about it?

It was real, but not a boring sort of realism. Althea dealt with sexism from the hospital board but the way they did it was not strident or over the top. Interactions between characters in a way that showed conflict but didn't hype it up in that hair tossing, Dallas/Dynasty/Shonda Rhimes way.

I remember watching those seasons a few years back when they were first on Retro and was just in shock....like, holy fuck, this is actually smarter and better than the dumb shit we have now.

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2021 3:37 PM

R32 Jill never felt that way about any of her shows, though. She was the opposite of Douglas Marland. JFP saw herself as more of a Gloria Monty, I think - once it was her show it was ample opportunity for her to put her stamp on it.

The idea of giving viewers something familiar would have been a joke to her.

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2021 3:39 PM

Rita coming back in 1992 with a teenaged som would have been amazing. It really would have complicated the lives of Holly, Ed, Roger , Alan-Michael, Jenna, Blake (who Rita had to help raise when Holly went to jail, which Rita hated), Alex, Maureen....

I think of the Extremities storyline Santa Barbara did with Julia and her rapist-it would have been interesting to seem them do that with Rita and Roger.

by Anonymousreply 35April 29, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote]I remember watching those seasons a few years back when they were first on Retro and was just in shock....like, holy fuck, this is actually smarter and better than the dumb shit we have now.

To be fair, every '60s and '70s-era soap was smarter and better than what we have now.

by Anonymousreply 36April 29, 2021 3:44 PM

I've said it here before but I think it would have been fantastic if Olivia would have been brought back from San Cristobel to Springfield not only because of Josh, but because she would be looking for something related to her mother - who we'd learn was Rita. And she'd learn that Ed was her father.

Crystal is/was great, Olivia was a great character and one of the few bright spots of that era.....but the richness that could have brought, wow.

by Anonymousreply 37April 29, 2021 3:44 PM

R37 shit like that is how soap family trees get way too convoluted. Why is she suddenly a more interesting character because she’s related to someone?

by Anonymousreply 38April 29, 2021 3:46 PM

It’s the history of what happened with Rita’s departure that would make it interesting, r38.

Rita was married to Ed, had an affair with Alan and was raped by Roger. She left the show and Ed in 1981 when her affair with Alan came to light. For years people have conjectured that Rita may have left the show pregnant and had either Ed or Alan’s baby.

If Olivia was Ed’s daughter it would have reinvigorated the Bauers and some of the other legacy characters impacted by that revelation (Blake, Holly, Rick, Alan , Phillip, etc).

by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2021 3:54 PM

The last mention of Rita was in a showdown between Ed and Alan in 1986

The story was screaming for her to come back. GL brought back in 1986 Chris, Peter, Robert, and (thank God) Grant.

You can't tell any producer you know more than they do about their show. The only one who did his homework on the past was Doug.

Bill Bell was the lone head writer on Y&R for 25 years. When he drew on the past, he was drawing on his own. Doug wasn't afraid to draw on other regimes.

And for God's sake Calla, GET OUT OF THE ROOM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2021 4:13 PM

Lenore Kasdorf was mid/late 40s by the early/mid 1990s. With everyone chasing the young demo at that point, do you honestly think they would've even considered bringing her back? If anything, she'd have been brought back with a kid and then pushed into the background or written out after the kid has been integrated with the younger cast. Plus, they had enough women in that age group at the time.

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2021 4:30 PM

I think it would have been interesting for Rita to come back to get revenge on Roger, or to bring her child back who belonged to Ed or Alan. They could have married her off to HB or Billy to keep the Lewis feud against Roger going.

Yes, she was older, but Rita had connections to half of the canvas , and she was a fascinating character- she wasn’t a typical soap heroine -she wasn’t maternal, she wasn’t a goody two shoes, and she enjoyed sex.

by Anonymousreply 42April 29, 2021 4:45 PM

That scene is great, R40, even if Bernau does sound a bit like a hissing queen at the end!

by Anonymousreply 43April 29, 2021 4:56 PM

R41, GL was down two women in that group when Ellen and Beverlee left.

One of Doug's most successful stories on ATWt was revisiting Susan/Kim feud with Bob (instead of dead Dan); when Kathy Hays belted out "She's been looking for YEARS to get even with me over Dan and by God she found a way!"

You can't buy history like that.

Yes, yes, bring on those younger folks...wasn't that first Hart a big find! But you can have older characters on too.

by Anonymousreply 44April 29, 2021 5:05 PM

R42, exactly.

Plus she was stunning.

Watch her in the Guiding Plight with Charita (both are adept at comedy)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2021 5:07 PM

Marsha Clark was a dykey lez. So was Mary Kay.

by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2021 5:10 PM

Bert's eye-rolling over Barbara is my favorite part -- along with the lightning speed in which she gets Rita her coffee.

by Anonymousreply 47April 29, 2021 5:12 PM

R46 Yes, we know. Someone feels compelled to mention that in every single thread that has ever been posted here since Christ got off the cross.

We have been fully, and I mean FULLY briefed on all the snatches that have been eaten and toilets that have been clogged. No need to reiterate, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 48April 29, 2021 5:22 PM

I never noticed that they even got the announcer to do Guiding Plight.

His VO at the end made me laugh

by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2021 5:28 PM

R44 I only saw that Bob/Susan storyline years later on YouTube, but that scene was fabulous, as was Nancy throwing in Kim’s face how Kim stole her sister’s husband.

That storyline was truly one of the greats.

by Anonymousreply 50April 29, 2021 5:35 PM

R50 Do you have a link to the Nancy/Kim video clip? For all of the fabulousness of the Kim/Susan/Bob story I've forgotten that scene.

by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2021 5:40 PM

Never mind, I knew the second I asked I'd find the damn thing. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote]To be fair, every '60s and '70s-era soap was smarter and better than what we have now.

Case in point: AW promoted its expansion to 60 minutes in 1975 with a relatively low-key confrontations between two middle-aged actresses rather than with a stabbing, shooting, explosion or return from the dead.

Sadly, just a few years later AW (and Harding Lemay) promoted its expansion to 90 minutes with a fire and the death of a long-running character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2021 5:47 PM

Does Vetsoapfan call it THE Guiding Plight? Dumb Dylan and Vee want to know.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2021 6:25 PM

Vicky Wyndham was 29 at the time of that AW promo. Hardly middle aged.

by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2021 6:48 PM

R55, good point about Vicky.

To me, she's a WOMAN in that scene....I see some actresses today on soaps like Sam on GH and she still strikes me as a 'girl" even though she's older than 29.

And of course whereas today no show would likely write a story like Susan/Bob/Kim because they're too "old" they have even Nancy who must have been in her 70s at that point adding to the story.

We were spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2021 6:56 PM

They sure looked middle aged especially McFlimsy. It's funny, for all the vaunted "Lemay's AW was like watching a new play every day", the fraus only tuned in day after day to watch these types of campy soapy confrontations. Nobody was watching for the pretentious Tennessee Williams flourishes.

by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2021 6:58 PM

R56 well I thought Bob and Susan both still had a certain sex appeal by 1990.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2021 7:11 PM

Marie Masters was stunning in the late 80s/early 90s. She looked more like Barbara’s contemporary than Kim or Bob’s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2021 7:16 PM

R58, I thought it was great and didn't care how old they were.

The story had great acting, dialogue and I loved it.

R57 pretentious Tennessee Williams flourishes ARE "campy soapy confrontations."

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2021 7:17 PM

R60 I was about to say the same Tennessee Williams, who I love, is nothing more than campy soap writing for the "sophisticated" set.

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2021 7:24 PM

I know we rag on Lady Eyes-A-Buggin's looks a fair bit, but I think she looked fantastic in that promo at R53.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2021 7:35 PM

I've always thought she was a striking woman, R62, badly served by her 80s hairstyles and fashions.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2021 7:37 PM

My Grandma used to say that while Kim cared that Bob cheated on her, the biggest slap in the face was who he cheated with. Then she would go into a lecture about what a strumpet Kim was back in the day. My Grandma also love the John Dixon character, so that may have played into why she hated Kim as well.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2021 8:28 PM

LOL r64. I so miss those days before the internet when your mom or grandmother would fill you in on the backstory. It was like the soap opera was an heirloom, handed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter to gay grandson.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2021 8:30 PM

One thing they kept going to the end was how the Stewart women were apparently irresistible catnip to the Hughes men. Tom slept with Emily. Chris slept with both Emily and Alison. I think Casey slept with Alison too. And it may not always been in the writing, but Marie Masters and Kathryn Hays definitely always played the unspoken tension between Susan and Kim right thru the end.

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2021 8:35 PM

You're right R65. One of my favorite Grandma stories. This was before my time, but she wrote to Days of our Lives to warn "Scott Banning" that "Julie Olson" was was no good. And she could never stand Rachel, but loved Ada.

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2021 8:37 PM

How can you guys take these shows so seriously? It would be hysterical if it wasn't so utterly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2021 9:09 PM

Yes, their time would be much better spent trolling anonymous message boards.

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2021 9:12 PM

And I love how the homos, who are NOT the target audience, go on and on and on about what should have happened 30 years ago on a soap that has long been cancelled. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2021 9:39 PM

R68 triflin hoes like you are fleeting, but these shows were family.

by Anonymousreply 71April 29, 2021 9:42 PM

Vee from SON is the all knowing self described expert on all things soap, yet he is not even their target audience. Fucken dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 72April 29, 2021 10:35 PM

R71 is one of the saddest posts I've ever read on this silly little board. And that says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 73April 29, 2021 10:37 PM

I'd like to meet the posters who relentlessly complain about "McFlimsy" and "McKunty" so I could kick them in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 74April 29, 2021 10:38 PM

R65, that's what Zimmer calls soaps -- heirlooms

by Anonymousreply 75April 29, 2021 11:00 PM

R66, they touched up on this in the 50th anniversary ( I think it was 50th) with all the women on a bus; Kim confided in Susan that she and Bob had had a fight and Susan said she saw Bob at Memorial and was on the phone ordering flowers -- for Kim.

by Anonymousreply 76April 29, 2021 11:02 PM

What made The Doctors so good during the Rita Lakin/Rick Edelstein years was that it was adult and complex and smart. The characters were real people in heightened dramatic situations, but it never became a cartoon. It was some of the best produced daytime drama that I've ever seen. It was just as good as anything you will find on prestige premium cable and streaming now.

And while Lydia Bruce was "my" Maggie and Jada Rowland was "my" Carolee, because when I started watching the show she and Jada were already in the roles of Maggie and Carolee, discovering Bethel Leslie and Carolee Campbell was such a treat.

When the Pollocks came aboard the show reached new heights of popularity, but it was more soapy. After the Pollocks left, you can kind of see the show come undone brick by brick with each new writer. For some reason Retro has stopped at 1979. I thought it was Covid related, but I'm starting to think that must have been when NBC bought the show and they don't have access to those episodes, because I can't figure out why they haven't resumed the series. If anyone knows the real answer, please share.

by Anonymousreply 77April 30, 2021 3:01 AM

R77 Supposedly Retro was processing episodes to air and COVID stopped the process.

I suspect Retro has run out of money to continue whatever processing those shows need to get to air and won't continue beyond it without some additional funds.

by Anonymousreply 78April 30, 2021 1:23 PM

This was posted in the Carol Burnett thread as a reference to live TV but may be of interest here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote] What made The Doctors so good during the Rita Lakin/Rick Edelstein years was that it was adult and complex and smart. The characters were real people in heightened dramatic situations, but it never became a cartoon. It was some of the best produced daytime drama that I've ever seen. It was just as good as anything you will find on prestige premium cable and streaming now.

Perfectly stated.

by Anonymousreply 80April 30, 2021 1:50 PM

Linda Dano, the topic of a recent thread, is getting the solo treatment in the Locher Room.

Hope she finds a professional to fix her sound/camera issues.

by Anonymousreply 81April 30, 2021 10:29 PM

Oh god, I bet she's going to spend half the time discussing that flaming queen dwarf Brent Collins. I'm curious if she'll talk about her relationship with eyes a buggin, who must've been pissed when Dano eclipsed her as the face of AW.

by Anonymousreply 82April 30, 2021 11:29 PM

Miss Locher has a four page spread in Soap Opera Digest this week.

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2021 3:20 AM

Is Soap Opera Digest flame retardant?

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2021 4:36 AM

Watch the Doctors, has now migrated to the service It's Real Good TV. It is the same price $2.99/month or $29.99/year. and you also get access to other non-soap programming. The Locher Room, It's Real Good TV, and Soap Opera Digest are all carrying Soap Con on 5/01/2021.

The Doctors Panel: Presented by Retro TV 2:30pm ET/11:30am PST Special Guests TBD (It's Real TV lists: Nancy Stafford, Anna Stuart, Frank Telfer, and Marie Thomas-Foster)

As the World Turns Panel: Live from Oakdale! 4pm ET/1pm PST Colleen Zenk, Trent Dawson, Mark Collier, Terri Conn and Austin Peck

One Life to Live Panel: The Cramer Women 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PST Kassie DePaiva, Kristen Alderson, Gina Tognoni & Laura Bonarrigo

General Hospital Panel: Love & Tragedy 7pm ET/4pm PST Kin Shriner, Shell Danielson, Jackie Zeman & Brad Maule

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2021 4:46 AM

Hopefully Zenk will be sober.

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2021 10:04 AM

I love Anna Banana and like many of the ATWT'ers but Locherina is now returning to the same well.

If he wants this to be more than a hobby, he needs to talk to people he does not know and get the people fans want.

LADY EYES A BUGGIN

LISA BROWN

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP

PICK UP A PHONE BITCH AND CALL THEM

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2021 7:43 PM

You know R87, if you don't like the way he's doing his interviews or running his show you could start your own interview series. Pick up the phone bitch... call them.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2021 7:46 PM

Yes, because every eldergay soap queen has easy access to those people, R88. You are just a genius and a half.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2021 7:53 PM

Girls! Girls! You're both cunts!

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2021 7:57 PM

If Queen Locher asks CZP one more time what inspired her to go into acting, I swear I will vomit all over the hubbard squash. He needs to find some new people to interview.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2021 8:03 PM

No R89, just someone who finds it beyond annoying that this man gets shit on for something that he did not have to do. Some times soap fans are the absolute worse. No good deed goes unpunished. It reminds me of when that soap guy used to post old soap episodes on his site and then was harassed offline because of cunts who were never happy and just treated him like trash.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2021 8:08 PM

He should ask Colleen how hard Hillary Bailey Smith hit her and if Helen Wagner called her a tramp to her face.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2021 8:08 PM

Colleen seems so polarizing. Did she has ANY friends on set? It seems like she's close with Maura and Martha and Eileen, and was in La Hubbard's good graces.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Who’s the good guy in Colleen Zenk v. Mark Pinter?

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2021 8:17 PM

Wait, Helen thought Colleen was a tramp? Did she actually ever say that?

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2021 8:20 PM

Colleen cheated on her hubby with Pinter. And she’s a drunk. She demanded that her dressing room be away from everyone else’s. Cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2021 8:24 PM

R94 I loved her!

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2021 8:49 PM

Queen Locher is trying to make money.

by Anonymousreply 99May 1, 2021 8:56 PM

R94, I didn’t!

by Anonymousreply 100May 1, 2021 11:28 PM

I bet Mark Pinter has a long, veiny cock with a lollipop head.

One that looks just like his body (well, the body he had in the 1980s).

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2021 12:38 AM

Who is this CZP person?

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2021 1:14 AM

SLAP HER M'LYNN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Pinter really looks so much like Chris Goutman in that clip.

Though Pinter retained his looks for some time, while Goutman began to look like a walking ghost

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2021 2:21 PM

Can you imagine Liz and Mary Stuart trapped in a room together? The claws would come out, and I don't think either would make it out alive.

by Anonymousreply 105May 3, 2021 2:37 PM

The Pinter/Crouch Zenk affair was off screen soapy goodness. They were both cheaters and many years later they cheated again. Karma. Colleen is a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 106May 3, 2021 2:50 PM

anyway....

by Anonymousreply 107May 3, 2021 3:39 PM

Did LIz have any sex scenes with Jean LeClerc on The Doctors?

by Anonymousreply 108May 3, 2021 4:40 PM

Jean LeClerc and Elaine Princi had love scenes on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 109May 3, 2021 4:44 PM

Jean LeClerc was a huge pussy hound. He broke Kate Collins's heart.

by Anonymousreply 110May 3, 2021 5:19 PM

Who did Colleen cheat on Mark with?

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2021 6:10 PM

^Santos Ortega, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2021 6:40 PM

Did Colleen cheat with Benji H.?

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2021 6:45 PM

Why do you have to drag poor Santos Ortega into this?

by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2021 6:45 PM

Mark and Colleen were both married when they met. Well, for sure Colleen was - she had just married a guy who was a tech employee at ATWT and had a kid with him that was only a year or so old.

Mark and Colleen's marriages broke up because they got together, and they were together for 20 some years until Mark's cheating broke them up - she apparently believes the HPV he had and gave her from his pass around peen gave her the cancer.

Colleen did not cheat with Ben Hendrickson, because she was faithful to Mark once they were together. Also, because Colleen has a vagina, and Mr. Hendrickson's preferred genitalia of choice was of the penile persuasion.

by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2021 7:58 PM

Barbara Rodell's Joyce sighed to Nancy, after she asked her if she was coming to the cookout, "No. I have to take care of Donald."

Nancy looked like she wanted to kill her.

Joyce planned to shoot lover Ralph Mitchell but Donald came through the door instead.

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2021 8:41 PM

Joyce may very well have been my introduction to one who is “neurotic.”

by Anonymousreply 117May 3, 2021 8:46 PM

Colleen “I’m not a Heavy Drinker” Zenk Crouch Pinter TwoDuis

by Anonymousreply 118May 3, 2021 10:03 PM

Someone on here really seems to have a scab on their ass about Colleen.

I'm much more aggravated by Kim "I'm Not A Drunk DUI" Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2021 10:19 PM

Vee always made sure the studios were stocked with wine. He’s in the biz, you know,

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2021 11:52 PM

Does Dumb Dylan have the scoop on theyre DUIs?

by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2021 11:52 PM

anyway....

by Anonymousreply 122May 4, 2021 12:02 AM

Did they not let Colleen look at the camera?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2021 12:07 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is leaking Colleen’s dirty dui photos. How many dui’s has she had?

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2021 12:35 AM

That picture of Colleen Zenk saddens me. She’s been through hell

by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2021 12:45 AM

She has been. Cancer, the death of her entire immediate family and the suicide of her son - all before the shit w/Mark P.

That would drive my ass to drink, too.

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2021 12:47 AM

Tramp!

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2021 1:53 AM

Does Vee have Zimmer’s dui mugshot? He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2021 2:01 AM

Did Maeve ever try to persuade Meryl to do a guest shot on GL? Can you imagine the ratings bonanza? Or did M look down her nose at soaps? A Martinez said he tried to get her to do a role on Santa Barbara after they did She-Devil together, but she said adamantly refused.

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2021 2:08 AM

Zenk was always a cunt! No sympathy for her. Nasty nasty woman.

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2021 2:46 AM

R126 She’s a nasty bitch! No sympathy for her. She cheated. Where was she when her son killed himself? Where was she????

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2021 2:49 AM

You know what a cunt Zimmer is, she'd often dismiss Meryl's acting, obviously trying to get a rise out of Maeve.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2021 2:53 AM

After Sammy died, Althea went bankrupt and had to sell the house, all the tacky jewelry and all of their belongings. Some friends chipped in and there was the celebrity version of Go Fund Me. Helped her to have a nice little apartment. Truth is that Sammy and Althea were big partiers and coke fiends - living the glamorous life for 20 years. But he always worked hard, god bless him. No one, EVER got the send off that Sammy did. He was loved and admired. Althea died a few years ago. Broke and childless. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Aren't Meryl and Ellen Parker friends IRL?

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2021 3:12 AM

Meryl couldn’t get her bestie Ellen Parker another job?

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2021 3:18 AM

Colleen Zenk had her tongue up more asses than I did! The woman lived for rimming.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2021 3:36 AM

CZP has more dirt in her past. Mark Pinter was the least of her cheatings.

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2021 3:48 AM

R132 Where are your sources?

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2021 3:51 AM

Well then spill it cunts. The only thing I’ve heard about CZ is she fucked around with Mark Pinter while married to someone , hated Jacqueline Schultz and got into a fight with Hillary Bailey Smith.

What else did she do. Compared to some of the monsters on other shows like Robin Strasser or Eric Braeden, she sounds like an angel.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2021 3:54 AM

Happy 57th Birthday to Another World!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2021 4:00 AM

I loved Carole Shelley as Iris.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2021 4:31 AM

Margaret McLarty would spill all the beans if Queen Locher had her on!

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2021 8:47 AM

I don't know about the Jackie S stuff but the HBS vs Colleen story was in Digest many years ago. It seems to me it was an article about backstage feuds and/or the intensity of filming all the time, but they specifically said their names and mentioned that in a scene they came to blows.

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2021 1:51 PM

R140 *sobs* oh, that song!

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2021 1:52 PM

back in the day, Digest could print all that stuff and get away with it; pre-internet, the other mags were mostly 'fanzines' with no serious tone.

digest was king back in the day, but now? Not so much. first, all the info is dated as it's all out on the web ahead of time. It's the only magazine but how long can it last when 90% of its content is dated by the time you read it.

even if they have some exclusive with an actor about leaving, it's already -- as India Von Halkein would say -- 'common knowledge.'

They did push Alfonso a bit on her DAYS exit asking if she thought the show had trouble coming up with leading men for her after Reckell left; she sidestepped it, I believe

But ti's the truth; Alfonso, one of the most beautiful women ever in the genre, was expensive, had no chemistry with anyone other than Reckell in terms of leading men; she hit her mark, knew her lines, has great technique.....and not an ounce of warmth or true humanity; just like Laura Wright on GH.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2021 4:33 PM

Very true, R145. All of it.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2021 4:44 PM

I don't remember who she was on ATWT - I believe she played one of the characters Doug wrote out when he came onto the show - but in any case, rest in peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2021 4:44 PM

She was Lyla’s sister , r147. Created by the Dobsons, she was sort of a prototype version of their later character, Julia Wainwright on Santa Barbara.

She was involved with Tom, but he left her for Margo. Later she was involved with Steve’s cousin Frank, who Lyla also loved. They adopted a daughter, Jill, and left town. Jill Andropolous is one of those legacy characters they could have used in the 90s or 00s; she was around Dani’s age and she was the cousin of Margo, Katie and Craig.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Has Anne Sward commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Pow wow

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] just like Laura Wright on GH

I disagree about Laura Wright, she actually can show warmth and humanity, when they pair her with someone OTHER than Sonny. But, GH insists on keeping her and Sonny together. She was fine when paired with Jax or Franco.

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Snags really isn't warm or human. We still have the scars from Screechy Cassie on GL.

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2021 7:03 PM

Mary Linda Rapeleye also played Faith Kipling on OLTL, Mrs. Ivan Kipling.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2021 7:59 PM

Has Liz Hubbard commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2021 8:14 PM

I don't think Liz and Mary Linda ever crossed paths on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2021 8:16 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2021 8:33 PM

Did CZP get along well with the other Margos?

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2021 8:35 PM

I didn't know the bitch.

Can we get back to ME and my BRILLIANT performances?

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Anna Stuart has said that La Hubbard built a whole soap career around artfully reading off a teleprompter. She and Jim Pritchett were notorious for that on The Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2021 8:58 PM

I'm watching The Doctors now on streaming, and the cue card/teleprompter reading is really blatant at times. Did Meg Mundy memorize a single line?

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2021 9:03 PM

They also adlibbed a lot on The Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote] People like Hubbard and McKinsey always came off like entitled my shit don't stink cunts

There was a "Daytime Drama" week on Hollywood Squares and except for the center square with Paul Lynde, all the other squares were filled with NBC soap actors/actresses and Beverlee McKinsey was one of them. She wasn't funny (couldn't a writer provide her with some jokes?), looked bored most of the time, and didn't seem terribly intelligent. NBC must have put a gun to her head to make her participate in the game show.

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2021 10:24 PM

My favorite AW theme of them all R140. Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Peter Burnell was gorgeous!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] Anna Stuart has said that La Hubbard built a whole soap career around artfully reading off a teleprompter.

LOL. I love Anna Stuart.

by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2021 10:29 PM

Anna's direct quote from her We Love Soaps interview re La Hubbard:

"Elizabeth Hubbard had her whole acting style around the cue cards. She would sort of shake her head and look over in one direction."

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2021 12:56 AM

I wonder if David O'Brien/Geri Court ever double-dated with Joel Crothers/Velekka Gray.

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote] Peter Burnell was gorgeous!!!!!

Gah, he was. I was so smitted when I started watching the Doctors on Retro. And so sad to learn how he and his husband died.

[quote] the cue card/teleprompter reading is really blatant at times

As much as I love La Liz, she was so guilty of it!

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2021 1:18 AM

R113, since Colleen did not really get along with BH (although their onscreen chemistry was wonderful), I highly doubt it. Not to mention that Ben was gay.

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2021 1:23 AM

Why didn't CZP get along with BH? Was he a Larry Bryggman theatre-type person who looked down at the soaps and only saw it as a paycheck? People like CZP on the other hand really embraced the genre and always seemed to enjoy the work.

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2021 1:32 AM

R170, they didn't dislike each other. They just had very different rehearsing styles. When interviewed she always gushes about how she loved working with Anthony Herrera, Larry Bryggman, and Trent Dawson, but she "respects" Ben Hendrickson.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Since CZP seems to be the focus right now, I get the feeling that maybe she got a big head since she was the darling of a couple of headwriters and her character sort of got to play a wide range of stories and emotions. The Barbara Ryan characters was complicated in every good way you could imagine and that probably rubbed some people the wrong way.

And also lets be honest, a lot of soap sets tend to be on the conservative side. Soaps definitely have their fair share of conservative actors. If CZP was fucking around, I could imagine that pissed off people who were already not all that happy with her for hogging screen time.

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2021 1:41 AM

R169 where did you hear THAT? I never heard any tea about Ben and Colleen. Only that both felt that the show went back to the well withHal and Barbara too many times. And Ben definitely had a different style. I think he and Michael Tylo got on like a house afire at GL but that was a different kind of show.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2021 1:41 AM

R172, I think Colleen could be forgiven for being nervous about her status on the show. She went from perpetual victim to the backburner. Doug Marland changed her into a bitch and put her front and center. After he died, it was back (WAY back) to the backburner until Hogan Sheffer mad her the center of the show. Then she regressed again. She never knew what the future held.

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2021 1:48 AM

They seemed to use Barbara as a plot device after the perils of Barbara stories came to an end before Marland took over. Her front/backburner status changed depending on whether the writers needed her to add some conflict to advance the plot.

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2021 2:23 AM

Why did Marland quit GL in such a huff over an actress? He seemed like a diva. He had the show winning awards, at #4 in the ratings, getting a young demo.

I do think he might have hurt GL long term. GL got a boost from Long and her Four Musketeers which lifted the show and kept it top 5 through the 1985-86 season. She left and the bottom fell out. Though, GL was always very high in the ratings through the 50s to mid-80s except a few off years every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2021 2:53 AM

Why did they get rid of her? Was it P&G or the network?

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2021 3:04 AM

Did Marland actually die of "complications from abdominal surgery" in '93 or was it a coverup for AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2021 3:08 AM

I think the issue was that Marland and Potter just didn't see eye to eye on many things, and Potter's firing of Jane Elliot was the final straw. Marland's GL was a very intelligent show, certainly higher up the IQ chain than Long's version. I enjoyed the Long tenure, but I always felt her style was very paint-by-the-numbers soap writing. It was entertaining but very basic. Marland and even the Dobsons were much more adept at writing nuanced, complex characters.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2021 3:09 AM

Why would anyone cover up a soap writer's death from AIDS, especially by 1993?

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2021 3:11 AM

I think Marland and Long were the same. I thought their styles were in sync and was just basic soap opera with broad appeal. The Dobsons, on the other hand, were cutting edge. Sort of like Claire Labine at Love of Life. Very interesting, quirky soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2021 3:16 AM

Interesting the Dobson’s GL held its own against GH. Who was the show opposite them? I’d hate to be the third show against those two powerhouses.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2021 3:21 AM

GH didn’t take off until 1978; the Dobsons wrote GL from 1975-79. Wasn’t AW opposite the two of them until Texas premiered?

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2021 3:24 AM

GL was such a brand. It was a ratings powerhouse. When both of them were powerhouses (GL and GH) I bet that third NBC show was like, “Fuck me. Why? Don’t put us in this time slot.”

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2021 3:27 AM

AW lost audience when GH took off, but it held it's own in that timeslot, which is why it was stupid of NBC to move it and try a new show in that time period. AW could have easily competed against GL, but Texas didn't stand a chance against GH and GL.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2021 3:33 AM

But AW fell behind GL. I don’t think it would have done well against Marland and Long’s GL.

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2021 3:35 AM

AW wouldn't have been competitive with GL and GH by 1980, when both of those shows were on fire. AW had already lost a huge chunk of its audience by 1978, and the entire NBC lineup, both daytime and nighttime, had collapsed. And Texas wouldn't have succeeded if NBC had slotted it against test signals on the other networks.

by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2021 3:38 AM

AW hit #1 in early 1978 with the Sven story, then fell to 8th for the next 2 years, collapsing when it switched time slots with Texas. It looks like it was going back up in the mid 80s, then fell back in 1986 after Cass, Kathleen and Sally left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2021 3:39 AM

I don't agree with that all. AW would have held on to it's base audience at 3:00 est. NBC fucked up it's lineup. Days, Doctors, and AW was a winning block. When AW left 3:00 that audience left NBC and went to either GH or GL. I'm not saying that AW would have beaten GH, but maybe GL definitely during Harry Must Die and the fallout. GL did well because NBC moved AW.

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2021 3:44 AM

Part of the issue was that NBC's prime schedule had totally collapsed, which had a domino effect on the daytime lineup. The entire schedule from sun-up to sundown was struggling.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2021 3:48 AM

I'm not saying that wasn't an issue, but at the same time if your lineup is in trouble... the last thing you do is start moving things around.

by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2021 3:58 AM

The NBC shows were also in creative slumps by 79/80, with AW and Doctors especially going through a revolving door of writing teams. Texas especially dreary until Kobe/Long took the helm. ABC was on fire, while CBS managed to hold its own.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2021 4:05 AM

What I don't understand is why NBC bought The Doctors from P&G in 1980 and then let it die on the vine (and actively moved it to bad time slots).

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2021 4:06 AM

P&G never owned The Doctors. It was sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive. The show was in really dire shape by 1980, but NBC probably thought they could save it by doing GH-type stories, like that ludicrous Adrienne/Felicia storyline with Nancy Stafford. That show was an absolute mess its last few years. I think it had a 1.9 rating when it was put out of its misery, which as unheard of back then.

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Sorry, I meant Colgate-Palmolive (which produced it through its Channelex division).

My question remains, though: NBC went through the trouble and expense to buy The Doctors from Channelex, so why did they proceed to do everything they could to kill it within two years?

by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2021 5:10 AM

The Doctors fell from #4 in 1973-74 to #11 (out of 13 or so) in 1976-77. And the ratings only went down from there.

Aside from the fact that I was put on the back burner and then let go by Douglas Marland, what went wrong? I can't imagine ...

by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2021 5:16 AM

90 minutes of AW plus Rauch's ego and Lemay's exhaustion destroyed AW. All those pretentious theater folk moving to a nowhere town like Bay City was too much.

by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2021 11:17 AM

[quote]90 minutes of AW plus Rauch's ego and Lemay's exhaustion destroyed AW.

While I'm sure Paul Rauch's ego played a part in the expansion to 90 minutes, my understanding is that NBC was the one pushing for it the most. The network was tanking under Fred Silverman's leadership and he was doing anything to get the ratings up.

In hindsight, expanding to 90 minutes was clearly a mistake. But in 1979, no one knew if 90 minutes five days a week would work since it had never been done before.

Remember, in 1975 when AW expanded to 60 minutes, people were skeptical that would work, but it did and many other shows followed suit.

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2021 12:03 PM

Rauch with Slee's help chased Lil Hayman through the ABC parking garage. That's just evil.

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2021 12:34 PM

R199 This was all detailed in Lil’s memoir, Driving Miss Viki: Tales From The Tercel. Rauch made Lil pick up Slee on Long Island and drive her to the studio in her tercel. Then they both schemed to fire Lil in that garage once they had no use for her. Shameful! Lil tried to run but she couldn’t hide.

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2021 12:51 PM

I hate myself for laughing at R200. But I just can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2021 1:36 PM

PAUL! PAUL, SHE'S OVER HERE! GET HER!

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2021 1:57 PM

Can we get back to discussing that little tramp Colleen?

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2021 2:30 PM

Can’t you just imagine uptight, vinegary , pushy Helen Wagner, pulling Colleen Zenk aside on the set and demanding Colleen end this affair off NOW. And Colleen telling her to get lost.

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2021 2:48 PM

I am surprised that P&G didn't insist that their shows didn't air opposite one another. P&G was a powerhouse, the premier producer of soaps. I'm sure they could've exercised that power at least up to the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2021 3:32 PM

It’s all been said about CZ. Bitch, cunt, cheater, not a very good actress.

by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2021 3:35 PM

R205 P&G did have that rule in place until the early 80's.

by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2021 3:37 PM

P&G was hardly a powerhouse by the early 80s. Only ATWT and GL were performing. AW, Texas, Edge, and SFT were residing at the bottom of the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2021 3:40 PM

R204 You missed the Helen Wagner Is a Cunt thread we had not too long ago. She was interviewed and had NO nice things to say about Colleen, for sure!

by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2021 3:56 PM

Ask Mary Lynn Blanks about Colleen. She’s on Facebook and willing to spill the tea.

by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2021 4:03 PM

The bottom of the barrel has been scraped at the Locher Room.

He's having "nuCassie" on - the terrible one that literally no one liked.

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2021 4:14 PM

When will Miss Locher be interviewing the May Merisi actress? We're all waiting, kween!

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2021 4:26 PM

I remember that thread r209, and I posted the video.

I can imagine Helen coming at her like Nancy Hughes confronting Joyce Colman.

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2021 4:29 PM

Miss Locher is a mess. He’s homely and asks the same questions every time. Even to the same people. God damn queen is trying to monetize his little interviews. And he refuses to acknowledge that ‘his’ reign as Publicist at P&G was during the downfall of ATWT and GL. He thinks that those were the Great years. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2021 4:31 PM

Don Hastings wanted his dick sucker future wife Leslie to play Lyla. Velekka got the part. Don was NOT happy. He treated Velekka like shit to act out his frustration. They recast with Anne Sward and moved Lyla out of Bob’s orbit and cast Elaine Princi to be Bob’s love interest. Don and Elaine got along well. But drug lord Miranda was part of the ATWT copies GH and it didn’t work out. Didn’t fit the mold of old time ATWT so Elaine was written out.

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2021 5:14 PM

"Didn’t fit the mold of old time ATWT"

"Mold" and "ATWT" definitely belong in the same sentence. Come over to ABC and watch soaps with energy and life and vitality.

by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2021 5:22 PM

Miranda Marlowe Hughes was a stupid character. It didn’t make sense that she would get married to stalwart Midwesterner Bob when James and John were also in town.

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2021 5:30 PM

R212 does anyone remember Perdita? She called Reva, she referred to Reva as 'bucolic' lol.

by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2021 5:52 PM

R217 Miranda and James Stenbeck were smoking hot! They had many scenes together. Why she settled for boring Bob was a misstep by the Dobsons. Don’t recall if Miranda and John ever had scenes together but they would have been gold.

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2021 6:02 PM

It's simple, they needed to give Bob a romantic interest, and have it be someone tied to the main plot thrust at the time. He and Elaine had no chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2021 6:03 PM

r151, you're certainly entitled to your opinion on Laura; I tend not to see it.

All technique; no heart, as I said.

Even in her best moments, I see the acting.

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2021 6:07 PM

The old ancient fogey Vetsoapfan at SON still refers to Guiding Light as TGL. Annoying as fuck. GL dropped ‘the’ in 1977. Move forward old grampa.

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2021 6:11 PM

Laura has two modes: Weepy Karen or Snarling Shrew.

Her Lead Actress Emmy mystifies me.

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2021 6:53 PM

Someone appears to have created a Kim Zimmer thread.

In the event this one is M'd perhaps we can move there. (Or I can create one by request)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2021 6:55 PM

r223=Jennifer Bransford

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2021 7:14 PM

I don't La Liz cared to be friendly or even cordial to those who didn't idolize her.

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2021 9:26 PM

merde!

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2021 9:59 PM

Excuse me, but if we're going to talk about Daytime Cunts, please do not forget me, Queen of All Cunts!

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2021 11:31 PM

Mary Stuart always had to hide her neck. Why? Was it that gross?

by Anonymousreply 229May 6, 2021 12:13 AM

Here is Mary Stuart trying to upstage the beloved Mary Fickett at 3:16. She finally realized that Babs had enough of her and wanted to talk to Miss Fickett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 6, 2021 12:18 AM

I’m not so sure AW would have kept up with GL after 1979. GL was on a roll though ‘85. I agree GL and GH were ratings powerhouses so going up against them would not be easy. AW might have bested it slightly when Marland left and it dropped from 4 to 6 in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 231May 6, 2021 12:33 AM

R206, she may not have been a great actress, but she had great screen presence. Like La Hubbard, when she was on screen, your eyes were usually glued to her activities.

by Anonymousreply 232May 6, 2021 12:42 AM

Mary Stuart's , if you are to believe what Ann Marcus wrote, wish to get rid of her tv daughter Patti, son - in -law Len and n grandkids in early 1975, was a move that marginalized her character. Jo, at the time, had adopted that butch haircut and wore slacks all the time. She was attractive, but pushing 50, if she didn't realize the matriarchal role was the best she could do, then she was nuts. They paired her with men who always looked younger than her - Paul Dumont, John Anniston, and the romances were not believable, when the Morgan Fairchilds and Meg Bennetts were around

by Anonymousreply 233May 6, 2021 12:54 AM

Mary was the lone star of the show, she probably had a hard time letting that go. The one thing that is consistent about that show is that very few actors talk about Mary.

by Anonymousreply 234May 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Mary's own son was apparently not one of her faaaaans

by Anonymousreply 235May 6, 2021 12:48 PM

Mart Hulswit and Fran Myers on the Locher Room

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 6, 2021 3:55 PM

are we M'd?

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2021 4:48 PM

Anna Stuart looks flawless. As always.

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2021 4:56 PM

Awwww.....my favorite Ed (loved Peter Simon as well) and Frannie Myers. That's sweet, and they will talk about Charita...and Lynne Adams I hope. Fran and Lynn were roommates at one time, and Lynne had a hilarious take on her 1976 firing from GL, and the motherly advice she gave stepdaughter Hope about men wanting to take advantage of her. Lynne talked about the Betty Ford 60 Minutes interview, where the then 1st Lady spoke realistically about her daughter having pre-marital sex. Lynne spoke of GL's writers making Leslie a Mother Martyr.

by Anonymousreply 239May 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Kimberly J Brown, one of the Marahs on GL (she was the last child Marah, I think) has been cast on GH and there seems to be some suggestion she might be playing Robin Scorpio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 6, 2021 8:38 PM

Liz supposedly gave a quote to a reporter in 1986 after La Lucci lost for the mere 5th time.

She responded: "Boo . Hoo."

by Anonymousreply 241May 6, 2021 9:29 PM

R240 It could happen, there have been rumors that Robin is returning. As long as Kimberly McCullough, makes it clear it was her choice to not return fans might respect it.

by Anonymousreply 242May 7, 2021 1:31 AM

Tonio: "Lucinda, I don't understand. Why are you mad at me over my affair with Barbara Ryan but you're still friendly with her? "

Lucinda (INCENSED): "I like her! She's pretty!! I like her!!"

by Anonymousreply 243May 7, 2021 3:07 AM

McCullough has already tweeted she's back for something special so I suspect we'll see her in the Sean special.

by Anonymousreply 244May 7, 2021 3:08 AM

If they bring back Robin but not Tiffany.....then WTF

by Anonymousreply 245May 7, 2021 2:24 PM

R245 They can't bring back Tiffany, as she has been very ill for years. It would be stupid to bring the character back for a one off appearance and have her played by a different actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 7, 2021 4:29 PM

Knowing Frank, he'll go to med school find a cure and operate on Sharon himself in order to get her back on the show.

John and Sharon got the shaft back in 1995; Claire had her characters she wanted to bring on and they needed to go in order to open up money.

I was surprised no other regime ever brought them back save that really talented writer who did Night Shift and recreated Holly and Robert's bannister-free home.

It's not easy to do comedy on soaps, but Sharon did just that; watch her reaction to finding out Laura's alive back in 1983.

Note Tiff talking about Robert's car phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 8, 2021 1:51 AM

Back to ME, please!

*I* am the subject of this thread.

I was the American Deneuve, held back in Hollywood by the stigma against soaps and strong women!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 8, 2021 2:02 AM

Damn, La Liz; I just went to find Lucinda's reaction to seeing Sierra alive, alas, it's been scrubbed from youtube. (Thanksgiving Miracle atwt used to bring it up).

Lucinda says she has to say goodbye to her little chick, she turns Sierra's photo face down; she picks up a book, reads it, turns a page, looks up, sees Sierra...looks at her...then....GOES BACK TO THE BOOK....

"Mother."

She knows it's real. The hug.

The next scene Lucinda is GRILLING Sierra about what happened...It looked like Finn was making shit up along the way about the Junta. But she did great. I have it on tape in storage somewhere; I'm NEVER getting rid of my VHS tapes

by Anonymousreply 249May 8, 2021 3:42 AM

Mary Beth whatsername was awful casting as Sierra. Like, sure, she looked like she could be the daughter of a latin revolutionary. At least Finn Carter looked right to play that.

by Anonymousreply 250May 8, 2021 3:04 PM

Mary Beth Evans was a good Sierra. I liked her. I bought her more as nuSierra than I did Hunt as nuCraig.

by Anonymousreply 251May 8, 2021 6:23 PM

Shut your mouth R251. Hunt Block was THE Craig in my opinion. Sexy, a little dangerous, a little menacing and all man.

by Anonymousreply 252May 8, 2021 6:26 PM

Summer is almost here and the Oakdale Yacht Club will be open!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 8, 2021 8:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!