Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Zimmer's family

They look so normal!

Like some Midwestern family from Omaha, where dad sells insurance, and mom bakes meatloaf.

Certainly not one of Hollywood's biggest daytime stars.

I think it's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 2:46 AM

I am so in love with her son Jake Weary from TNT's "Animal Kingdom."

He is really hot, and I love his gay character Deryn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 9:39 AM

Is Kim Zimmer still plus sized?

I'm surprised that her contract doesn't make her lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 6:16 PM

R2 What contract? She hasn't had a regular role since OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 6:18 PM

She was the original first choice for the lead in Body Heat and even offered to flash beav...for some reason they went with Kathleen Turner instead, it really ruined Kim's chances at being a huge star!

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2021 6:50 PM

They’re inching towards inclusion in Awkward Family Photos.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2021 6:56 PM

I'M COMIN' BUD!

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2021 7:08 PM

That picture is from ‘93 or ‘94? Why did she always look like a Frau.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 7:22 PM

4 fucking Emmys! Can Liz Hubbard say that!

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 7:32 PM

Where are McFlimsy's Emmys?

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 7:57 PM

R9 No where! McKunty thankfully never won an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 8:04 PM

Sorry McFlimsy. Projecting an affected "velvety" voice don't = good acting. That's why no Emmys or Emmy noms. And you know she desperately wanted the recognition she never got. Maybe that's why she was so bitter enough to quit and leave her co-stars without story and the potential to get fired. McFlimsy!

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 8:48 PM

I should have beat her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2021 9:50 PM

A few of the actors are still pissed that McFlimcunty bailed on them. She took away their income because they had to rewrite story and cut their airtime. Not everyone was cheering her on for taking a stand. Selfish beyyyatch.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2021 12:17 AM

Want to trade mugshots?

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2021 4:45 AM

Zenk has 2 dui’s. How many does Jackie Schultz have? None!

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2021 5:06 AM

Oh fuck off, seriously. Fuck off back to SON.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2021 2:13 PM

F Off Serial nutcase!

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2021 3:28 PM

Jake Weary acting debut on Guiding Light (opposite his real-life mom Kim Zimmer)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2021 3:38 PM

Was Reva the one who said, 'I didn't come from the wrong side of the tracks...I AM the tracks, baby!'

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2021 3:57 PM

I'm not Serial or any of your enemies at SON, you brain dead piece of shit. You're getting blocked from this fucking board and sent to a fucking insane asylum, where your tacky ass belongs.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2021 4:03 PM

this thread is about MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2021 4:37 PM

P&G thread is M’d.

Reva had some great lines and she really had great stories until the late 90s/early 00s. It got better with her cancer story in ‘06. Zimmer is a great actress esp with the right material and director.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2021 3:13 AM

Her biography was a hoot. She really dished on the sad (Zero Budget) last days of Guiding Light......Fun Story from the book = Kim (to the producers and writers) = Reva went thru menopause last year....... The Writers = "Thats why Revas pregnancy now will come as such a surprise!!!".....She also claimed she never made a anything close to a million dollars a year on GL and I believe her. The book was really interesting and honest...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2021 3:39 AM

Well, honestish. I think some of those stories were sanitized.

But she is probably at her most honest about the final years of GL.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2021 2:23 PM

Met her and got a Reva hug.

HUGE tits!

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2021 2:27 PM

R24 Met her too, and as Beverlee McK said, you can indeed get lost in her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2021 2:31 PM

Zaz always made a penny more than Zim

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2021 3:27 PM

If the actors are to be believed, the P&G shows never paid well, except for a handful of big stars. My guess is Zimmer was probably taking home somewhere around the 500K during her biggest years. The LA shows always paid better than the NYC shows. The million plus club, (Lucci, Geary, Hall, Braeden, Reckell, Alfonso, and probably Benard and Burton) was an exclusive group in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2021 3:39 PM

It was 750k

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2021 3:46 PM

R28 Right. Lucci was likely the only NYC soap performer making at or near a mil. Slezak may have been near that or somewhere in the 700K range, but she also negotiated for a lot of non money perks.

Zimmer probably made the most money when she first returned in/around 1995. Or maybe in her second original contract. But she sure wasn't making bank in the 00s.

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2021 3:52 PM

Is it true that Kim Zimmer didn't want her son Jake Weary to play a gay role on her soap?

That was the rumor.

He ended up playing gay any way, on Animal Kingdom.

My favorite gay character ever on television, is Jake Weary's Deran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2021 3:52 PM

R31 For some reason, a lot of people interpreted that as an antigay move on his part or hers. I really don't believe that it was.

She said that he was 15 at the time and still very involved in school and academics, and she felt it was a very big commitment and story. She really wanted him to finish HS.

She originally OK'd him playing Luke when the character was having, you know, a few scenes a month and to a degree it was a "part time" job for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2021 3:56 PM

That sounds fishy to me, R32.

I'm glad that Jake chose his own path and still played gay.

That was an "in your face" kind of move, which I love.

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2021 4:05 PM

She’s married to Peter Scolari?

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2021 4:12 PM

He was on GL. Omg

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2021 4:14 PM

It doesn't sound fishy to me. Zimmer and Martha Byrne were in the middle of union fights at that time and she knew if he took on a bigger role, he'd be on set for 16 hours some days. That's not an atmosphere conducive to learning.

This is around the time they were fighting for several key issues, including foreign residuals and a penalty for being on set after a certain time.

Miss Haznisssssss was more believable as A Gay.

by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2021 5:00 PM

She never ate MY snatch!

by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2021 7:54 PM

ABC soaps paid more than P&G soaps.

Back in late 1997 when GL was introducing the character of Ben Warren, EP Paul Rauch had approached James De Paiva (Max Holden on OLTL) about playing the role. Rauch was the one who hired De Paiva to play Max back in 1986, while Rauch was OLTL EP, so they had a good relationship already

The role was written with De Paiva in mind. If you go back to some of Ben's first episodes, you can hear the words were written with De Paiva's voice in mind,.

However, at the last minute, De Paiva balked at the significant pay cut he would have to take to jump from OLTL to GL and decided to stay with ABC.

GL scrambled to find a replacement actor as filming for Ben Warren's first episodes was just a day or two away. They initially hired Phillip Brown, who had played Steve Kendall on Search and later played Buck on Loving. However, Brown declined, saying he couldn't create a character without more time to prepare for the role.

So, GL hired Hunt Block to play Ben because Hunt could start the next day and felt he could create a character in such short time.

This was reported in Soap Weekly at the time. And no, Sources Queen, I don't have the link to the Soap Weekly story since the Soap Weekly archive has never been put in the internet.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2021 9:22 PM

R38 James De Paiva said it wasn't about the money - Remember his wife Kassie was pulling in a salary at OLTL and both saved their pennies. Da Paiva was willing to take the pay cut - if it came to that

The deal breaker was the opportunity to direct. De Paiva had that opportunity to direct at OLTL. Guiding Light said NO, so Da Paiva stayed at OLTL, because he was able to direct more on that show.

Years later after De Paiva contract was not renewed, James was fine as bot he and Kassie had saved their money and invested wisely.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2021 12:23 AM

R38 I would imagine that one reason is that ABC soaps didn't have a middle man like the P&G or Sony/Bell soaps. If the network is also the production company the budget is the budget. With P&G and the other third party soaps, the network pays the production company that then produces the soap. The network pays the amount they are willing to pay with the goal to still make a profit in that timeslot. Then, the production company takes that amount but makes sure they spend less than that amount to produce the show, so that they make a profit. So the cast/crew inevitably gets screwed more in such a set up.

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2021 12:26 AM

Lucci made more than 1 million. At her peak she was making 2 to 3 million a year, and ABC felt she was worth it. Because of the amount of publicity Susan Lucci got, All My Children would get a plug. She got more press than Anthony Geary ever got (Will Lucci win the Emmy) - having All My Children is the national press, is money well spent.

But as the ratings started to fall, her salary also fell as everyone took pay cuts to keep the shows going.

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Lucci also had a deal that included a yearly TV movie. No one else has that.

What does a Daytime veteran make now - someone like Sharon Case or Nancy Lee Grahn?

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote]That sounds fishy to me, [R32].

Jake talks about his departure.

I was on a soap opera for a year, I was on As the World Turns, and then the workload increased and I was basically flunking out of high school. I was like, “I can’t do this right now. I’ve got three more years left of high school, I want to play sports and hang out with my friends.” So I left the show and finished school. That was a little break in my career, which was nice. It definitely needed to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] Lucci also had a deal that included a yearly TV movie. No one else has that.

Once Lucci got that deal other Divas like Deidre Hall, Kim Zimmer & Erika Slezak got that deal was well. But while Hall & Zimmer took time off to their TV Movies, Slezak opted NOT TO. She only had that clause just in case. Hers was a "Pay or Play" and all the years she was on OLTL, she preferred to take the money, than be away from her family.

Only once did Slezak exercise that option, to do the TV Movie "Danielle Steel's Full Circle" - and at the time Slezak vowed she would NEVER do that again. Her kids were still in school and though she was only in L.A. for a week, she was extremely home-sick burning up the phone lines

But now that Slezak is off OLTL and her kids are grown, Slezak is now episodic filmed in NYC

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2021 12:47 AM

In terms of how hard they work, soap actors have never gotten what they deserve. They work a lot harder than primetime, film, or even stage actors. In terms of acting it seems like the amount of work involved and the amount of money you make is inverse to how much work you have to do. Soap actors are the working class of the acting profession.

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2021 12:49 AM

R45 every actors who has done Daytime - then moved to night time or films, all say the same thing

Film & Prime Time is ten times easier (and pays more) than daytime ever does

BUT

with soaps (at the time) you have stability, that is the one thing Film & Prime Time does not have

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2021 12:51 AM

Liz dear, I'll be your source!

I do remember Phillip Brown being hired as Ben Warren. He actually looked more like Jerry and I wonder what might have been, but alas he didn't stick around.

However, I had NO idea about James P!

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote] I do remember Phillip Brown being hired as Ben Warren.

He was on Loving - and at the time the head writers were from Loving as was Laura Wright, all three were pushing for him to get hired.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2021 1:30 AM

R44 = Wrong. Erika Slezak opted to take off 8 continual weeks a year. (As did Anthony Geary).. At first they wrote her out because Joey had Asthma and needed treatment out of state. After Joe was aged they got more creative to explain her absence---live Viki living secretly in Paris Texas as a waitress,, and pre-taping scenes......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2021 1:34 AM

Lucci getting press was great and all but AMC never could get out of GH or OLTL’s shadow on ABC. And of course did not threaten Y&R in the least.

Lucci was such a so so actress. It is a joke she was nominated every year (then won and all the noms stopped LOL). I heard a lot of actresses were pissed she got her nom and felt it was bought or some shenanigans were going on. I agree.

My grandmother was a film and acting snob. The only soap she watched was GL. She felt it was by far the superior acted show.

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2021 1:37 AM

[quote] Wrong. Erika Slezak opted to take off 8 continual weeks a year.

Actually she only takes off 4 continual weeks a year in the summer to go off on summer vacation with her family - and she has done that for years

The TV Movie "Pay or Play" clause was also in her contract for years, IN ADDITION to her 4 weeks off in the summer. When she did the TV Movie "Full Circle" that was the only time she was away from her family, and she hated it. and vowed never to do it again.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote] but AMC never could get out of GH or OLTL’s shadow on ABC

You have that BACKWARDS - it was OLTL that was always in AMC shadow

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2021 1:48 AM

R51 = WRONG....Even when she would return they would explain her EIGHT WEEK absence. Video Link (8 second mark) explaining what happened when she was last seen EIGHT weeks prior---NOT 4 weeks....oops..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2021 2:05 AM

Miss Zimmer has always had a lizard like quality. Hard looking.

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2021 2:06 AM

R53 you do know that 8 weeks in soap land is not 8 weeks in real-life

You realize this is a TV show, where a baby can grow to 10 years old in a year

Right? You realize this is not real life, not real time

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2021 2:10 AM

R55 = You do not have to admit you are WRONG....It's okay...I proved it was 8 weeks and not 4 weeks. No Biggie. One of us was right and the other one was you....I'm sure you are incorrect a lot of time so this is probably just another Friday for you....No Worries.....LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2021 2:24 AM

R56 you proved NOTHING - because soap time doesn't equal real-time

Soaps are not the TV show "24"

by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2021 2:27 AM

R57. You are adorable. She was gone for 8 weeks. She returns (and they show a flashback titled EIGHT WEEKS AGO explaining where she has been) and YOU think its a trick by the Soap Opera Gods?!!...HILARIOUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote] (and they show a flashback titled EIGHT WEEKS AGO explaining where she has been)

Then provide the date or her last appearance before she took off for vacation and then her return date

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote] Then provide the date or her last appearance before she took off for vacation and then her return date

Even if Slezak takes 8 weeks off or 4 weeks off in the summer, the point is the same

She had a "Pay or Play" clause in her contract IN ADDITION to her 4 or 8 weeks off. And she only exercised it once, and still went off on her 4 or 8 week vacation

OK R58 - so give it a rest

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2021 2:42 AM

R59 = August 16, 2007 (Viki left for Paris).....Returned October 19, 2007. .....WoW.....You really stepped into that one....Anything else you need me to correct you on, just let me know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2021 3:16 AM

Please, no more about Viki Sleestak or I'll get the Tercel and run you ALL over.

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2021 3:28 AM

Deidre Hall's deal to return in 1991 was unprecedented for a soap actor at the time. She got a multimillion dollar annual salary, a movie of the week deal, special billing, a development deal for her own soap (Days planned spin off Manhattan Lives) and she got to boot Drake out of his dressing room with the shower so she could have it.

Kristian Alfonso also got a nice deal to return to Days in 94.

If Zimmer negotiated $750K return deal, I'm surprised that she didn't negotiate some other perks into her contract like story approval and extra vacation time.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2021 3:40 AM

Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that one perk P&G actors could negotiate for was free P&G products?

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2021 4:17 AM

R63 = In her book Zimmer said she was never offered that much. She also said she had no script approval. She even talks about having screaming arguments with Ex Producer Ellen Wheeler. Zimmer said she believes Ellens plan was to make the show so bad that cancellation was the only option. She said they would film scenes in the RAIN with no re-takes to save money by the end run of GL..Actors were doing their own hair and make-up. No Sets...Etc....Video Link = Hot James at 3:30.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2021 4:46 AM

Concept wise I don’t think the idea of getting GL out of the studio was a bad one but the execution was because it was taken as a cost cutting move rather than an artistic one. I love the British soaps like Coronation Street and Emmerdale that feature a lot of outdoor scenes. The difference is they are filmed on expensive purpose outdoor sets, not in a real town or city. Real locations can be good when they add to the story but sometimes it can just look cheap especially when a show like GL had made us pretty sure about what Springfield looked like. It is like if you compare Mayberry in the original Andy Griffith Show, which was filmed on the old RKO/Desilu 40 acres backlot Atlanta Street set from GWTW, and Mayberry in the reunion movie which was filmed in Los Olivos, CA. It is a lovely town but it just isn’t Mayberry and looks cheap.

by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2021 5:20 AM

The thing about GL's change was that the location sets didn't match up to the studio sets that we had come to know. The first time I saw the Peapack Spaulding Mansion it took you out of the story because it was so different. This is why I don't bitch about the Days sets, because I know that the alternative is Peapack.

I applaud Ellen Wheeler for thinking outside the box and trying something, but it was not a good effort. Maybe things would have improved if the show had more time.

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2021 5:40 AM

[quote] The first time I saw the Peapack Spaulding Mansion it took you out of the story because it was so different.

Like the interior of Southfork in the nuDallas when they decided to shoot in the actual house, it didn’t look like the Southfork we knew and loved.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2021 5:44 AM

OLTL seemed a bigger deal than AMC except the Jenny/Greg days. AMC needed the publicity whereas the other shows were just good.

by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2021 5:47 AM

Read Zimmers book........Ellen Wheeler = "Good News. We found a new way to save a ton of money for the show.....BAD NEWS = CBS sold the Guiding Light Studios and now we are all going to New Jersey with camcorders"....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2021 6:03 AM

I know that OLTL is the darling of DL, but the truth is OLTL was always the red-headed stepchild of ABC Daytime. GH was the flagship and AMC was the class and had Lucci and Nixon. OLTL was the hour in between. Some ABC soap insider sort of confirmed that on here, years ago when soap threads were a big thing. And it was true... GH and AMC always got the publicity and primetime promos. OLTL benefitted by position.

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2021 6:10 AM

Promotional Info from Zimmers Book = "Zimmer finally revealing how hard it was for her to handle exec producer Ellen Wheeler's mismanagement of Guiding Light, how she wishes the soap had been canceled two years sooner, and how she often performed drunk to get herself through the last difficult months of the show"..........I was surprised she didn't talk about Christopher Bernau being sick from AIDS. She did not go into it in her book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2021 6:11 AM

R81 that might be stupidly true, but it was still far superior to both of them. Also, whereas Lucci was famous for NOT winning the Emmy, Slee was famous FOR winning!

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2021 6:22 AM

[quote] .I was surprised she didn't talk about Christopher Bernau being sick from AIDS. She did not go into it in her book.

That has been discussed here multiple times.

For reasons unknown to any of us, she describes his death in the book as possibly from "some tropical disease."

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2021 1:17 PM

Chris B was a gay.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Bernau was gay? Where's the proof?

by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2021 1:41 PM

[quote] .WoW.....You really stepped into that one

R61 life must be really empty if the only satisfaction he gets is to prove the amount of Vacation time Viki Sleezak got on OLTL

He should find something to fulfill himself other than that

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote] WoW.....You really stepped into that one....Anything else you need me to correct you on, just let me know.

In 1998 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Left on July 6 "Viki unexpectedly went on a cruise"

and returned on July 20 "Viki returned to tell Clint she would marry him."

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2021 2:15 PM

Slee did not like Lucci’s time off at tall.

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote] WoW.....You really stepped into that one....Anything else you need me to correct you on, just let me know.

In 1999 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Left in Wednesday, July 7, 1999

Returned Monday, August 2, 1999

by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2021 2:20 PM

{quote] WoW.....You really stepped into that one....Anything else you need me to correct you on, just let me know.

In 2000 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Left Friday, August 25, 2000

Returned Monday, SEPTEMBER 18, 2000

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2021 2:23 PM

In 2001 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Wednesday, June 18, 2001

Monday, July 23, 2001

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2021 2:28 PM

R61

In 1998 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Left on July 6 "Viki unexpectedly went on a cruise"

and returned on July 20 "Viki returned to tell Clint she would marry him."

In 1999 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Left in Wednesday, July 7, 1999

Returned Monday, August 2, 1999

In 2001 Erika Slezak only got 4 weeks off

Wednesday, June 18, 2001

Monday, July 23, 2001

I could keep going R61 - but unlike you I have better things to do with my time than to keep track of Viki Sleezak vacation time over the years.

But anything else you need me to correct you on, just let me know.

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2021 2:31 PM

R83 forgot to add

Returned Monday, SEPTEMBER 18, 2000

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2021 2:35 PM

Why does Slee’s son STILL live with her?

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2021 2:41 PM

I thought I knew a lot of useless soap minutiae, but my hat is off to the Erika Slezak Vacation Schedule Troll.

And while I know that I will regret asking this, could it have been an 8 week vacation, but just 4 weeks off air and 4 weeks of pretapes? Or could it have been 8 weeks in the calendar year? 4 weeks in the summer and the other weeks at other times in the year?

[quote][R81] that might be stupidly true, but it was still far superior to both of them. Also, whereas Lucci was famous for NOT winning the Emmy, Slee was famous FOR winning!

I'm not going to get into a debate about which show was better. That is all subjective and based on individual tastes. And, I have never based an actor's ability on the awards they've received or haven't received. Some of the best to ever do this, never got an award and a few never even got nominations, so I don't use Emmy recognition as some king of 'better than' gage.

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2021 2:48 PM

My mom, as a teen, watched GL. She switched to GH during the L &L days only to switch permanently back to GL when GH, in her words, got laughably ridiculous during the Ice thingy. She said she laughed so hard at how stupid GH was at the time and how GL was far superior in quality.

by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2021 5:31 PM

I love the ride or die OLTL fan here. I agree with everything you said in terms of OLTL vs AMC (AMC is the most overrated soap of all time, in my opinion- a solid show- yes, but supremely overrated, minus that 1981-84 era, and 88 had some damn good stuff.

But, I have to agree with the other poster. OLTL was the red headed stepchild on ABC, by a mile. It was often over the top, outlandish, and uneven, but it was the most watchable show DAILY and highly addictive. When it stepped away from reality/social issues in the mid to late 80's, it lost all critical respect but was a damn fun and electric hour. With always the greatest cast. OLTL was a very contemporary show in myriad ways at different times. OLTL also got very high ratings in cities- LA, NYC, and Chicago. AMC was hokey and old fashioned (but comforting).

And I say OLTL was by the far the most underrated soap of all time.

But yeah, it never overshadowed AMC, even when it beat AMC's ratings in the mid-late 80's and at the end of both show's runs. OLTL had significantly higher ratings for its finale compared to AMC, which really shocked me. As AMC was "the gold standard". It shows you how far away its fans were driven due to its quality at the end.

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2021 5:49 PM

I never much liked any ABC show.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2021 5:55 PM

Liz Hubbard was a disaster on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] could it have been an 8 week vacation, but just 4 weeks off air and 4 weeks of pretapes?

No, her contract was always a block of time off in the summer

Towards the end of OLTL they gave her more time off - the reason for that is save money as she was the highest paid (even after taking multiple pay cuts) on the show.

The more time off she got, the less they had to pay her during that time - so it was also a cost saving measure to bump her from 4 to 8 weeks off.

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2021 6:01 PM

I can just tell the Viki Sleestak Vacation Troll is the Where Are Your Sources troll.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2021 6:19 PM

Go to YouTube and find that clip of Gillian Spencer switching from Victoria to Nicole Smith and you will find yourself asking, "Erika, who?"

by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2021 6:22 PM

R93 No such clip exists.

by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2021 8:15 PM

Sorry R94. I just realized that channel is private. Ignore my post at R93.

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Kim Zimmer rubbed her piss on her face.

by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2021 9:12 PM

Guessing one of the WOST queens has a private channel

by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2021 10:28 PM

I love you, all of you, even the trolls. Keep posting!

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2021 2:18 AM

R86 = I told them in this thread there were PRE-TAPING done with Miss Slezaks schedule ---along with Viki being written out. .But they wouldn't listen....They probably don't even know where the Lost City of Eterna is......LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2021 2:29 AM

What are the dates of Beverly McKinsey's vacation in 1988?

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2021 3:37 AM

And the dates of Charita Bauer's medical leave?

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2021 3:40 AM

Awaiting info about Maureen Garrett's pap smear dates, as well as Grant Aleksander's colonoscopy appointments.

Asking for DLs tiny bi contingent...

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2021 11:38 AM

Kathy Hays went to the dermatologist in 1993.

WHERE ARE YOUR SOURCES?

by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2021 1:02 PM

R102 I was at one of Grant's urology appointments.

The doctor needed help holding up The Pendulousness during the examination.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2021 6:37 PM

Lisa plugged up the toilet on 7/2/1967

by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2021 8:01 PM

The vacation weeks troll made my week.

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2021 3:23 AM

[quote]The vacation weeks troll made my week.

I have to admit I got a tickle from that one too.

by Anonymousreply 107May 10, 2021 3:25 AM

The dates are off about Slezak, but nice try.

by Anonymousreply 108May 10, 2021 4:53 AM

Is dumb Dylan still at SON or did Vee finally run him off?

by Anonymousreply 109May 10, 2021 12:00 PM

Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 110May 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Vee is as stupid as dumb Dylan. Vee is THE expert on everything, but yet he cleans shit for a living. Go figure. Its always the know it alls who are the least successful.

by Anonymousreply 111May 10, 2021 2:47 PM

I ran over that troll with Lil's Tercel.

by Anonymousreply 112May 10, 2021 5:56 PM

You guys are amazingly knowledgeable about soaps.

I'm not impressed by much, but this thread is impressive.

by Anonymousreply 113May 10, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] The dates are off about Slezak, but nice try.

Not according the recaps on Soap Opera Central - they have daily synopsis IN DETAIL - Viki exit during the summer and her re-entrance

nice try.

by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2021 11:54 PM

Soap Central featuring Queen Kroll.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2021 12:31 AM

R100- Bev took the same 8 weeks off in the fall of 1988 as Slezak. Bev actually spent her sabbatical at Slezak's house.

They ate Sunsweet Prunes and also pelted stale Prunes down the stairs at Slezak's chubby kids who were left locked in the basement like dogs.

Two cunts.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2021 3:04 AM

My beauty secret is saving piss to rub all over my face. The more concentrated, the better! It is why I was a booze hound during GL’s sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2021 11:29 AM

R116 They had a blast the day that Mary Stuart came over.

They drank shots of prune brandy, smoked Paul Rauch's cigars, and developed their all singing, all dancing Off Broadway show, "3 Cunts 3."

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2021 3:21 PM

Ellen Holly is still an unhappy, bitter, nasty old twat.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2021 3:28 PM

Judi Evans does a special message to Guiding Light fans in Italy

Speaking in Italian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Can someone please explain the Kim Zimmer piss "joke?"

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2021 3:56 PM

R121 she claimed in an interview that her dermatologist told her rubbing her own piss on her face would act as an anti aging thing.

Or something to that effect

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2021 3:58 PM

R121 she claimed her dermatologist/doc told her rubbing her own piss on her face was some kind of anti aging thing, or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2021 3:59 PM

oops sorry for double comment

by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2021 3:59 PM

Thanks, R122.

I heard that's only good for when you get stung by a jellyfish.

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2021 3:59 PM

ow!!

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2021 5:22 PM

Can we get a back to Slezak’s vacation time?

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2021 1:41 AM

Can Vee do his job and make sure Dylan is banned from SON? Idiot! Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2021 2:06 AM

When Kim is on and had great material plus somebody great to play off of- esp Michelle Forbes- there is nobody better.

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2021 2:10 AM

I just saw Michelle Forbes on Big Sky, the show that killed off Ryan Phillippe in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 130May 12, 2021 2:11 AM

Dumb Dylan is creaming his jeans because Days got renewed - a show he doesn’t even watch. Vee, who’s in the biz, and was the key player in getting Days their 2 year renewal, needs to step in a stage an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 131May 12, 2021 5:45 AM

Vee had to put the AMC reboot on the backburner to get Days renewed. He’s in the biz, you know.

Dumb Dylan didn’t watch either show and only watches Y&R to whack off to Mark Grossman. IDIOT!

by Anonymousreply 132May 12, 2021 9:31 AM

Funny but I didn’t see any quotes from Vee in any of the articles announcing Days renewal. Could it be that Vee, who’s in the biz, isn’t as important as he thinks he is?? Scrubbing Valentini’s toilet doesn’t make him ‘in the biz’. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 133May 12, 2021 10:27 AM

Olan Mills lives!

by Anonymousreply 134May 12, 2021 10:30 AM

Maybe now Vee can focus on getting ABC to pick up the AMC reboot. Dumb Dylan will be forever grateful because he’s never watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 135May 12, 2021 10:34 AM

I love Miss Forbes. I never seem to see her anywhere though.

Wonder if she knows someone at ABC. She was on Grey's a season or two ago and now Big Sky.

by Anonymousreply 136May 12, 2021 1:00 PM

Does Michelle still have her mental problems?

by Anonymousreply 137May 12, 2021 2:13 PM

Forbes has been quite busy over the years. She garnered acclaim and a Primetime Emmy nom.

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2021 9:25 PM

Did Kim name names in her book or just give clues and you had to guess who she was talking about? Did she call the chick who played Harley a slut?

by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2021 11:21 PM

R139 In so many words, yes. We have discussed it a billion times here.

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2021 11:32 PM

I honestly cannot understand what the majority of posters are talking about in this thread.

I am SO fucking confused.

Is it like an "inside joke," or are you people really this insane?

by Anonymousreply 141May 12, 2021 11:52 PM

From what I gather, R141, there is some insipid feud between a couple of ancient queens on another message board devoted to soap operas and these assholes decided to bring their bullshit fight here.

Connie Ford would have kicked both of them in the cuntbone a long time ago.

Now let’s get back to Colleen Zenk. What did Kathy Hays and Eileen Fulton think about her.

by Anonymousreply 142May 13, 2021 12:24 AM

They thought she was a drunken slut. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 143May 13, 2021 12:26 AM

R141 You don’t know Vee???? He’s in the biz. Everyone knows him!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 144May 13, 2021 12:31 AM

Just don't piss off the vacation troll.

She WILL put you in your place!

by Anonymousreply 145May 13, 2021 12:34 AM

R141 This is mostly a standard issue soap thread, but unfortunately, over the last year, some sad, fat lunatic from another site has infested Datalounge.

From what I can gather, it's been blocked from its old site and 90 percent of its posts here are complaints about former fellow posters at Soap Opera Network, where it's now blocked.

For some reason, it also thinks the idea of an elderly soap actress clogging a studio toilet is the most hilarious thing it's ever heard in its life.

Some people, like R142, believe it's multiple people arguing. I'm not convinced - from what I can see in my ignored messages, it seems like the same person and their sockpuppet(s).

by Anonymousreply 146May 13, 2021 3:42 AM

R146 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 147May 13, 2021 5:37 AM

where is Kizmmer’s mugshots for her DUIs?

by Anonymousreply 148May 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Kimmer only had 1 dui to Colleen’s 2.

by Anonymousreply 149May 13, 2021 10:51 AM

[quote] Lisa used to plug up the toilet at the yacht club

It puts the lotion in the basket.

by Anonymousreply 150May 13, 2021 12:36 PM

Anyone who could produce a man as beautiful as Jake Weary, is a queen in my book!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 13, 2021 3:22 PM

Jake Weary gets me moist "down there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Jake was on one of the Locher Rooms with Kim and from the body language and scowl, I don't think he likes her very much.

by Anonymousreply 153May 13, 2021 5:15 PM

He looks just like Kim.

They should have made Shayne gay. Reva having a gay son would have been the best esp if he was really flamboyant.

by Anonymousreply 154May 13, 2021 10:34 PM

Marty West was as gay as a peacock, so they HAD a gay Shayne

by Anonymousreply 155May 13, 2021 10:44 PM

I never touched Marty West.

by Anonymousreply 156May 14, 2021 6:18 PM

It is kinda cool Beth and Phillip’s “daughter” had a romance with Luke and Laura’s ”son” on Nashville. Two iconic soap super couples’ spawn getting together.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2021 8:29 AM

I saw that Locher Room. Not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote]Jake was on one of the Locher Rooms with Kim and from the body language and scowl, I don't think he likes her very much.

An astute observer of human behavior, you are not.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Kim is very close to her son. Very close. She’s close to all of her kids and now grandkids and has been with AC for over 40 years. Kim is content.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2021 3:19 PM

This guy is gay, R155?

Are you sure?

Damn, he's hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2021 3:28 PM

There is some old wives tale that Mr. West allowed John Conboy to sample his favors. No one is sure if it's fact or fable.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2021 3:33 PM

I have no idea who Marty West is, but I absolutely LOVE his coat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2021 3:34 PM

Reva Shayne is definitely one of the most iconic daytime characters, up there with Viki Lord and Erica Kane. Naturally, the actresses who embodied these characters made them larger than life, but imagine being the head writer at the time, coming up with the idea of Reva and how Reva would fit into Springfield. I doubt anyone thought Reva (and Kim Zimmer) would take off like a rocket.

As for Elizabeth Hubbard... I adored her as Lucinda Walsh and wish she had one at least one daytime Emmy for ATWT (to go along with her Emmy for The Doctors). Liz and Larry Bryggman had such amazing chemistry together, and I have read how Martha Byrne really learned a lot in her scenes with Hubbard. I think Liz is one of the many reasons why Byrne won 2 Emmys on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2021 3:35 PM

Reva and Viki are not in the same category as Erica.

Erica Kane, Lisa, Rachel, and Marlena are superstar characters.

Reva and Viki , along with Nikki Newman, Dorian, etc... fall into the next tier.

by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2021 3:41 PM

Don’t forget Carly!

by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2021 4:13 PM

R165 Reva Shayne is

ABSOLUTELY in the same category as Erica and Marlena

by Anonymousreply 167May 16, 2021 4:15 PM

r167

agree 100%

by Anonymousreply 168May 16, 2021 4:28 PM

That is some bowl cut/Mo Howard going on in the OP picture

by Anonymousreply 169May 16, 2021 4:49 PM

"Liz and Larry Bryggman had such amazing chemistry together"

Her chemistry with Scott Bryce was also off the charts. Here is my all-time favorite Lucinda/Craig scene (1:47). "That's alright, Matthew-- we always have a moment for Mr. Mont-GOM-ery..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 16, 2021 7:04 PM

R170 Yes absolutely it was! Loved Scott Bryce as Craig (though he failed when he returned toward the end of the show). Hunt Block made the Craig character his own when he was on the show, and it was clear head writer Hogan Shaffer loved writing Craig as portrayed by Block.

R165 No I disagree. When I think top-tier daytime drama characters, Erica Kane, Viki Lord, Reva Shayne all come to mind. And while a huge ATWT fan, I don't think Lisa is first tier at all; maybe second tier, especially when Douglas Marland wrote her a storyline about giving up Scott as a baby. I thought Eileen Fulton was really given great material to run with. Marlena? Second tier at best during the Marlena/Roman hey day. Dorian? Definitely second tier but that is in large part due to Robin Strasser. Rachel? Second tier, maybe third. Same goes with Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2021 9:53 PM

Lisa is first-tier because of what she was in the '60s. Rachel is first-tier because of what she was in the '70s. They had a greater impact on a wider swath of viewers than Reva did -- though I'd put her in the top tier as well.

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2021 10:10 PM

You fools know little about soap history. Reva is Tier 3 at best. A cartoon, hillbilly diva. Dreadful scene stealer.

The chronology of heroines in soaps 1951 on - Joanne Vanessa Penny Sara Karr Liz Fraser Allen Robin (GL) Nancy Pollack Karr Althea (Brighter Day) Dr. Maggie Fielding Dr. Althea Davis Jessie Brewer and so on and so on

by Anonymousreply 173May 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Lisa Miller plugged up the shitter from early on.

by Anonymousreply 174May 16, 2021 10:45 PM

Has anyone ever unearthed the "erotic wrestling" video Marty West was allegedly in?

by Anonymousreply 175May 16, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote]I don't think Lisa is first tier at all; maybe second tier, especially when Douglas Marland wrote her a storyline about giving up Scott as a baby.

Lisa was THE game changer in daytime. She is by far Top Tier regardless of what happened to her character later on. I still don't agree about Reva, but I'm not going to strongly defend my position because, because your point is not without merit. On GL, I would think Leslie Bauer is more iconic than Reva, maybe even Rita... definitely Bert because of who she was and she was a real cunt in her day.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2021 1:51 AM

Eileen Fulton, Kim Zimmer and Deidre Hall all got the "and" billing at the end of the credit crawl

Susan Lucci could have (if she asked) gotten top billing. But she never made any outrageous demands and was fine being credited in alphabetical order, like everyone else

Victoria Wyndham DEMANDED and got top billing on Another World AHEAD of other actors who had been on the show longer than she was.

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2021 2:01 AM

That is not true. Rauch moved VW and DW to be top billed after GR and JC left. That wasn't a demand on her part.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2021 2:41 AM

Kim Zimmer went to the same high school Gretchen Whitmer did, I live in that area.

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2021 2:43 AM

With Erica, Vikki, and others on the ABC soaps, the placement of their pictures in the openings said more than an "and" billing. After AMC started using pictures in the opening, the montage always either started or ended with Erica When OLTL used the cast in the opening montage, it always ended with Vikki. OLTL is a little different because both Vikki and Dorian got extra time in the last two openings used on the network. One started with double pics of Dorian and ended with three pics of Vikki, while everyone else got one pic. The last one featured them both at the end with two shots of Dorian, but Vikki's slot lasted slightly longer. You know that was something worked out behind the scenes to placate actor egos.

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2021 3:06 AM

My mom watched Search For Tomorrow and I remember Jo and Stu being the stars of that show. The actor who played Stu seemed ancient but he probably was only around 40.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2021 3:09 AM

R181 I never got to watch it when it was on, but I've watched some on youtube and other places and read about it. I like that Stu and Jo were able to remain platonic straight male and female friends, which is rarely depicted on soaps or any tv show. About the only two others I can think of is Dr. Steve Hardy and Nurse Jessie Brewer on GH.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2021 3:15 AM

I totally think Nurse Jessie would have jumped Steve's bones if he would have been into it.

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2021 3:17 AM

Reva Shayne Lewis is absolutely Top Tier in the soap world. Every fan of every show knows Reva, has watched GL at least to see her for a few minutes, and she’s a big persona.

by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2021 4:10 AM

My mother was a GH watcher until the Four Musketeers storyline on GL. She never looked back. She became a huge ATWT/GL fan.

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2021 4:12 AM

R180 You are wrong. Rauch’s OLTL did not have Viki first or last. Nice try, asshole. Get your facts straight you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2021 5:05 AM

R4 That is interesting because this picture gives me Serial Mom vibes!

by Anonymousreply 187May 17, 2021 9:29 AM

In the case of many, Reva centric GL drove thousands of viewers away. The absurd writing for her towards the end - all embraced by the egocentric Mrs. Weary - led the show to cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 188May 17, 2021 9:41 AM

Reva got so FAT at the end of GL. Kimmer certainly chewed and ate the scenery so they had to move to Peapack.

by Anonymousreply 189May 17, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote] That is not true. Rauch moved VW and DW to be top billed after GR and JC left. That wasn't a demand on her part.

Another World credit crawl in 1975 (go to end of the show)

Vicky Wyndham billed THIRD (behind GR & JC) ahead of original cast member Virginia Dwyer and actors like Bev Pemberthy, Hugh Marlowe & Constance Ford - who have seniority OVER Vicky

That was the year GR & JC were fired, so looks like they were getting to have Vicky assume top billed AFTER GR & JC got the boot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 17, 2021 2:00 PM

George Reinholt sucked my dick.

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2021 2:37 PM

The only person Reva drove away was that vetsoapfan loon from SON who still calls it TGL and Rick Bauer “Frederick.” Memo: it wasn’t TGL for the last 40 years on air

by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2021 2:41 PM

Nancy Frangione (Cecile - AW) playing a Figure Skating Mom in this Wonder Bread commercial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2021 2:52 PM

R192 LOL about Vetsoapfan and TGL. He’s a miserable old fat fuck on SSID who goes on and on about what should have happened 40 years ago on a long cancelled soap. Or are they still called ‘stories’??? TGL was my grandma’s story.

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2021 4:20 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing where stories should have or could have gone on old shows. But a lot of old school soap fans are just so rigid about soaps. There was that one guy who wouldn't even acknowledge that soaps shot in LA were even soaps.

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is rebooting GL, ATWT and AW. Vee bought out Procter & Gamble. Vee is in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Alright, I've had enough.

WHO in the fuck is VEEEEEEEE????

by Anonymousreply 197May 17, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] Eileen Fulton, Kim Zimmer and Deidre Hall all got the "and" billing at the end of the credit crawl

And wasn't Eileen Fulton's credit eventually changed to the mononymous "And EIleen Fulton as LISA" as if her character was Liza, Cher, Twiggy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 198May 17, 2021 7:08 PM

That's all you had to say and people knew who Lisa was. That's how major that character was.

by Anonymousreply 199May 17, 2021 7:17 PM

danfling is the nutjob who had/has his own board. Discussion of LA soaps was forbidden.

by Anonymousreply 200May 17, 2021 8:24 PM

Wow! We must have gotten a big influx of newbies in recent months if there are still people who have not blocked our resident psycho.

To all the NEWCOMERS, the soap threads (all of them) will be much more enjoyable if you hit the IGNORE button in the menu bar across the top. The IGNORE button is the Circle with the Slash through it near the middle of the screen.

Once you hit the IGNORE button, about a quarter of the responses in this and other soap thread will automatically disappear. With the disappearance of those responses, you no longer have to read about Vee or Dumb Dylan or people clogging toilets or raspy voiced actresses and so much more.

You will find the soap threads are quite civilized and pleasant, MATURE and friendly.

Most of us on DL hit the IGNORE button long, long ago and we no longer have to see the Psycho Soap Poster's rantings in our feed.

I was very resistant to the idea of hitting the IGNORE button on him for a long time, but once I did, the soap thread became so much more pleasant.

If you choose NOT to IGNORE the psycho soap poster, then STOP complaining about the things the Psycho Soap Poster posts and STOP questioning who/what he is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 201May 17, 2021 9:19 PM

Before you put the psycho soap poster on IGNORE, make sure to F/F a post. I thought he'd already been identified as a troll at some point in the past.

by Anonymousreply 202May 17, 2021 9:55 PM

R197 A total nobody!

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2021 2:38 AM

Vee is in the biz and resurrecting the whole biz! Dumb Dylan will be executive producer! Idiot vetsoapfan is fighting with them about calling it TGL and making Frederick the leading man. Vetsoapturd wants Fat Ed Bauer to be the patriarch.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2021 4:05 AM

While there were times GL had Reva on 5 days a week, she was very popular. They also had plenty of others on 4/5 days a week. It was when they started giving her shit storylines to play that her screen time became a liability. Had Reva gotten well written stories, her screen time would have been an asset. No one else could carry the show like Kim could. Don’t even get me started on mousy, shrill Beth Ehlers. That is who they shoved down viewers throats and fucked other characters to suit her.

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2021 4:17 AM

My favorite time for GL was when I was a young teen watching it in the summer, when Nola first came on and was trying to steal Kelly away from Morgan. Also I enjoyed the Philip/Mindy first years.

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2021 4:21 AM

R205 remember they gave Ehlers the most important role in the, I must say very good, 70th Anniversary show where she got to play Irna Phillips. I must say I liked her Irna more than Beth.

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

R207 What do you mean you liked her Irna more than Beth? There are so many Beths on the show. Ehlers was a fine actress but she was not going to be a huge draw to the show and I never found her all that appealing to be on so heavily.

by Anonymousreply 208May 18, 2021 4:25 AM

R208 sorry I meant her Harley, I’ve been drinking lol. The character of Beth played by Beth Chamberlain, I loved.

by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2021 4:32 AM

R201 oh Aunt Lez you deserve a kick in the cunt! You claim to ignore trolls yet you know exactly what they are talking about. You’re a god damn mess!

by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2021 9:18 AM

Dumb Dylan from SON can’t stand Justin Hartley and thinks he has “issues.” What a dummy. He has a crush on Mark Grossman (Adam).

by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2021 10:53 AM

Does Dumb Dylan not realize that Grossman has issues as well? He’s dating a woman old enough to be his mother. Dylan is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Thanks Kim (205). Now go back to your vodka and Dove bars.

by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2021 2:56 PM

Ehlers was absolutely the go to girl while Zimmer was gone. Harley and Mallet were a super couple. Then she was paired with GA and so on and so on. She had more chemistry with Robert Newman than that bloated cow Zimmer did IMO.

by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2021 4:27 PM

Dumb Dylan is devastated that ABC did not pick up Pine Valley for the fall or midseason. Vee failed him.

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Ehlers shouldn’t have been the “go to” anybody. She was not leading lady material. Not pretty enough.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2021 11:38 PM

Dumb Dylan, SON’s resident idiot, never watched AMC. He only watches Y&R and only for Mark Grossman’s Adam. He thinks Josh Griffith’s Y&R is peak masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2021 11:55 PM

Whatever happened to Beth Ehlers?

Does Kim still act? Last I heard she was doing regional theater in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2021 12:02 AM

Justin Hartley has a thing for his ethnic soap costars

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] Whatever happened to Beth Ehlers?

She decided to go back to school to study Political Science and now she is an aide to a Senator, developing policy

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2021 12:19 AM

R155 R161 R162 Maybe in another lifetime, but Marty and his longtime girlfriend have been together for years now.

I know at one time, he appeared to be running a casting agency for reality and game shows out their house in a bad section of Hollywood.

Of course, even there, the homes sell for $800K .. lol!

Another case of bad tattoos. He often wears his hair in a top knot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2021 1:29 AM

R163 Yeah, he's a real fashion plate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2021 1:30 AM

R173 is one of the MARY!est comments I've ever MARY!ied.

by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2021 2:08 AM

Marty West was either gay, G4P or he was giving up the gold for John Conboy and various other friends for the casting cooch.

He may be bi and/or straight oriented now but he sure wasn't back in the day

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2021 2:09 AM

I visited Kim's hometown area a few years back, including where she went to college.

Grand Rapids is pleasant, and Holland was really cute. But unfortunately they're both filled with the Devos family and fundie Christians.

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote]Grand Rapids is pleasant, and Holland was really cute. But unfortunately they're both filled with the Devos family and fundie Christians.

Grand Rapids voted for Biden, Clinton and Obama in the last three presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2021 2:29 AM

The city of Grand Rapids is Blue but a lot of the suburbs are Red

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2021 2:50 AM

What R227 said, and more to the point, the DeVos family owns E V E R Y T H I N G in Grand Rapids.

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2021 3:49 AM

Where are my sources? Right here, toots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] There is some old wives tale that Mr. West allowed John Conboy to sample his favors. No one is sure if it's fact or fable.

I remember reading on the old RATSC board that they'd all but cast Shayne with a young actor who was leaving......hmm, can't remember if it was AMC or OLTL. And then suddenly Conboy overruled the decision and cast West without consulting the casting director.

That may have been gossip too but seeing how terribly green he was, it's a possibility.

Maybe he thought he had another Grant A on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2021 3:56 AM

John Conboy was known for casting gay actors on his soaps. Among them Terry Lester on Y&R, Bill Beyers on Capitol, Christopher Durham on Capitol, Gordon Thomson on Santa Barbara.

Thus, when he got to GL in 2003, it was pretty much expected that some of the actors he cast would be gay in real life. Among the people he cast were Bradley Cole as Jeffrey O'Neil, Marty West as Shayne Lewis and Stephen Martines as Tony Santos #2.

Of those three, Cole and Martines had long had gay or bisexual rumors following them, while West pinged the gaydar to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2021 4:34 AM

Well, Cole may be bi or gay, but he's married with two kids; he's been married to a woman since 2005.

I think gay or straight doesn't apply to actors; they're in love with themselves and if they can have sex with a woman to make some babies and live a life that's accepted by society, then they will.

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2021 8:11 AM

[quote] Maybe he thought he had another Grant A on his hands.

Based on how often Grant was in a Speedo during his time on Capitol, one wonders if he had Grant's pendulousness IN his hands.

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2021 2:35 PM

I've been watching soaps for a long time and Marty West was bad, but there have been a lot of bad actors on soaps over the years. MW wasn't the first and he won't be the last. Maybe he was fucking John Conboy, who knows. But I have always thought it was weird how he got singled out. John Conboy and Bill Bell perfected that whole "hire pretty and let them learn how to act on camera" technique.

by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2021 2:39 PM

Marty was the second gayest-appearing GL actor on screen.

The winner of THAT contest was Sean McDermott

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2021 2:44 PM

Chris Bernau came across as very gay. Long before west and McDermott.

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2021 3:38 PM

R233, not saying the dong was big, but if he'd stayed on the show any longer Capitol would have had to have gone to an hour.

by Anonymousreply 237May 19, 2021 3:53 PM

R237 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Kudos!

by Anonymousreply 238May 19, 2021 3:56 PM

Marty West used to be so hot.

Now that I've seen that trashy photo of him and his "girlfriend," he's not so hot any more.

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2021 4:05 PM

Marty West eats pussy. He doesn’t suck cock.

by Anonymousreply 240May 20, 2021 1:07 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 241May 20, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote] John Conboy was known for casting gay actors on his soaps

You forgot Matt Bomer - who played male prostitute on Guiding Light

by Anonymousreply 242May 20, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote] You forgot Matt Bomer - who played male prostitute on Guiding Light

AND in real life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2021 1:45 AM

R243 - I guess Matt Bomer is practicing "Sense Memory"

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2021 1:51 AM

John Conboy didn't cast Matt Bomer. Bomer started playing Ben in 2001, and left during Conboy's reign as EP.

Oddly, Matt's Wikipedia page is trying to claim he was on GL for six episodes. Hmm. Will have to fix that.

by Anonymousreply 245May 20, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote] , and left during Conboy's reign as EP.

Yes but when they turned Matt Bomer character into a male prostitute, that was under Conboy

by Anonymousreply 246May 20, 2021 1:54 AM

R248 yes, that part was.

The post at R242 said casting, thus the confusion

by Anonymousreply 247May 20, 2021 1:58 AM

I'll bet you bitches didn't know that Jake Weary was on an episode of Law & Order SVU, entitled "Head." Rofl.

He was being molested by the Principal of his school, who was female.

That's crazy, man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 20, 2021 2:19 AM

Bomer has 7 episodes of GL on his IMDB; IMDB is HORRIBLE with soap stuff.

Insane that they didn't bring Larkin back as Kyle when Ben was aged; also return Fletcher.

I think Meg Mundy lived until 2016. her last role was as Eugenia in 2001, that was around the time he was playing Ben so, she could have come back over to GL; she was only on GL for a few episodes -- Fletcher and Maeve's wedding and then Maeve's funeral.

Shows think oh, ok we'll bring on Ben; but NO ONE he was related to.

It makes zero sense.

They should have NOT made him the real killer and recast when he left.

by Anonymousreply 249May 20, 2021 3:12 AM

I was on As The World Turns in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 250May 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Guiding Light asked Jay Hammer if he would be interested in being recurring - he refused. When the show needed to bring Fletcher back to tie-up the Holly storyline, they once again asked him to come back as recurring. He again refused, saying the very least he should get a 13 week contract.

So that is what they did. During the whole Ben storyline, the show never bothered to reach out of Jay Hammer to do even one day, because he was adamant that he get at least a 13 week contract.

Flash forward years later, and Jay Hammer now says he would come back for a day or two, to close out Ben storyline. But after he twice demanded a contact, the show never approached him a third time.

However when the show got cancelled, Jill Lorie Hurst wanted to tie things up, and had the show ask him again. And since the show was getting cancelled, Jay Hammer agreed to do a few appearances

by Anonymousreply 251May 20, 2021 3:19 AM

R251, a 13-week contract isn't much to ask for. the deal would probably be 1 a week so that 13 episode minimum would go by quickly.

Once the writers got used to writing for Fletcher again, then they might have been ore inclined to ask him to stay.

It just makes no sense to bring on Ben and there's NO ONE -- not even Louie Darnell -- who has ANY connection to him.

GL really dropped the ball after Maureen died; I'm not saying don't kill her, but Claire Ramsey should have been there at the funeral and stuck around; the show could have done a Fletcher/Holly/Ed/Claire quadrangle; maybe...as Fletcher fathered Meg maybe he fathered Michelle, too?

by Anonymousreply 252May 20, 2021 3:36 AM

Victoria Foxton from SON, aka Michael, needs to SHUT THE FUCK UP! Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 253May 20, 2021 3:49 AM

I now Viktorea Fockstun frium SON! We watches YR Abril sweaps 2gether lol

by Anonymousreply 254May 20, 2021 3:59 AM

Victoria Foxton, aka Michael, is pissing everyone at SON off. Michael, you are a god damned fool.

by Anonymousreply 255May 20, 2021 4:07 AM

My god! Vetsoapfan, zanereed, and Bill Bauer are taking over the GL thread at SON! STFU about TGL and fat Ed Bauer and Frederick. Total loons!

by Anonymousreply 256May 20, 2021 4:08 AM

Hey, Vetsoapfan should take over interviewing everyone on TGL. He should ask everyone how they felt when The was dropped in 1977.

by Anonymousreply 257May 20, 2021 4:18 AM

Alan Locher NEVER asked Mart Hulswit how he felt when they dropped The from TGL!!!!! vetsoapfan is verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 258May 20, 2021 4:24 AM

GL from 93 until the end still had great eras, characters and stories. They were just sandwiched in between terrible stories and characters. As was mentioned tonight, Matt Bomer was on. Some of that story before they turned him into a serial killer was good. A lot of good characters and actors who would go on to primetime, movie and Broadway fame. The show just never gelled all at one time. It was always weighed down by San Cristobel, the mafia, or time traveling.

I maintain the Brent/Marian story, while dark asf, was one of GL’s most interesting/riveting stories in the latter years. It was so well done and well acted. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 259May 20, 2021 4:26 AM

253-258 all BLOCKED. Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 260May 20, 2021 4:31 AM

R260 LOL same for me. I was worried I had too many people blocked, now I see I must be smart.

by Anonymousreply 261May 20, 2021 5:10 AM

One of the first memories I have of GL is when Lucille Wexler tried to poison Ben but her daughter Amanda accidentally drank it instead. I remember watching it in the summer as a child, my Mom and Aunt used to watch GL back then.

by Anonymousreply 262May 20, 2021 5:21 AM

So cool that Kimberly Brown -- really the best Marah -- is on GL with step mom Annie/Watros

she slayed in these scenes on board the jet as did Newman and Zimmer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 20, 2021 5:27 AM

Lucille Wexler’s cooter stunk.

by Anonymousreply 264May 20, 2021 10:44 AM

R260 R261 I think you're joyfully missing posts from our resident loon.

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2021 7:46 PM

Hello my long lost dears! I have the most splendid news. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama, has offered me, Scoche Marin, top billing as Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy. I am, after all, the grande dame of Genoa City, and the most successful recast in daytime history. I have re-created the role of Kay as my own. See you through the screen, darlings. All my love, Scoche

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2021 7:56 PM

Who are on the Mt. Rushmore for Hammiest Daytime Actress?

Zimmer Slezak Cooper Grayson Hall???

by Anonymousreply 267May 20, 2021 9:47 PM

I'm not saying they're over the top, but when Zimmer AND Slee were at OLTL, hundreds showed up for BBQ, because you could smell the HAM for miles.

by Anonymousreply 268May 20, 2021 9:59 PM

I, Scoche Marin, am the most realistic actress in daytime drama history as the new Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 20, 2021 10:10 PM

Scoche is a hot woman!

by Anonymousreply 270May 20, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote] Alan Locher NEVER asked Mart Hulswit how he felt when they dropped The from TGL!

Mart Hulswit was not fired from Guiding Light - he quit on his own accord. They had asked him to return the two times Peter Simon had left and he said no

by Anonymousreply 271May 20, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] how he felt when they dropped The from TGL!

Alan decided not to ask that question. He's in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 272May 21, 2021 12:52 AM

Why didn't her parents name her Zim Kimmer?

And she should have named one of her kids Cotton.

Cotton Weary.

by Anonymousreply 273May 21, 2021 12:54 AM

Kimmer was Larkin's nickname for her.

by Anonymousreply 274May 21, 2021 12:55 AM

Was it Reva who said, 'I'm a bitch in the boardroom, a bore in the bedroom and a BEAR on the toilet!' or was that Slezak?

by Anonymousreply 275May 21, 2021 12:56 AM

There’s no denying Zimmer, when given the material, was something to sit back, watch and behold. Nobody could captivate like her. It was torture when she had bad material.

by Anonymousreply 276May 21, 2021 12:57 AM

I got hooked on GL in the late 70s. I would come home from grade school and my mom would be watching. She said that Mart Hulswit always looked like he was pouting about something.

by Anonymousreply 277May 21, 2021 1:09 AM

I, Scoche Marin, am the most captivating actress on television as Katherine Chancellor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 21, 2021 1:17 AM

You’ve been teasing us for over a year, Scoche. No airdate yet?

by Anonymousreply 279May 21, 2021 3:11 AM

Hulswit always looked constipated.

by Anonymousreply 280May 21, 2021 10:24 AM

Scoche Marin sadly died in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 281May 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Schoche was actually the same troll who posts endlessly about posters "Vee" from that fucking website, and I think also about Eileen Fulton's bathroom breaks-

Glad that freak is gone, for now at least.

They gave themselves away, as they had their Screenname from that website on a GIF picture of Schoche- It was "Eboneece".

by Anonymousreply 282May 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Vee is in the biz, you know. Get Dumb Dylan banned from SON already!!!

by Anonymousreply 283May 21, 2021 11:47 PM

Vetsoapfan, a TGL lifelong fan, wants to take over doing interviews for The Locher Room.

by Anonymousreply 284May 22, 2021 11:32 AM
by Anonymousreply 285May 22, 2021 8:04 PM

Vetsoapfan to Mart: How did you feel when they changed the title from The Guiding Light to just Guiding Light? Mart: That was 47 years ago. Get the FUCK over it!

by Anonymousreply 286May 24, 2021 2:58 PM

Vetsoapfan to Mart: I still call it TGL! Mart: Because you are a NUT.

Vee ordered “The” to be dropped. He’s in the biz, you know. The expert authority on everything soaps and politics.

by Anonymousreply 287May 24, 2021 5:02 PM

Vee is the expert about EVERYTHING!!!! He’s in the biz, you know. Knows everything yet he cleans toilets. Fucking asshole!

by Anonymousreply 288May 24, 2021 5:09 PM
by Anonymousreply 289May 24, 2021 7:52 PM

What's a VEE?

by Anonymousreply 290May 24, 2021 7:56 PM

Don't engage.

by Anonymousreply 291May 24, 2021 8:28 PM

Read the SON boards. Everyone there knows what an asshole Vee is. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 292May 24, 2021 10:19 PM
by Anonymousreply 293May 24, 2021 10:21 PM

Being a younger viewer, I now understand how some can see GL after 1983 as lesser than the 77-82 version. My mom’s golden age was 82-85, then 88-93 when she was a young mother. The 77-82 version was quite different yet still high quality.

by Anonymousreply 294May 26, 2021 3:23 AM

Has anyone heard from Dumb Dylan? I’m very worried about his well being because the love of his life Grossman wasn’t even nominated for an Emmy. Check in please, Dumb Dylan!!

by Anonymousreply 295May 26, 2021 10:15 AM
by Anonymousreply 296May 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Why did this thread die?

by Anonymousreply 297May 28, 2021 12:33 AM

Kim Zimmer ate it, R297.

by Anonymousreply 298May 28, 2021 10:32 AM

R297 It died when they started talking about "Scoche Marin," whoever TF that is. It didn't have anything to do with Zimmer's family so folks lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 299May 28, 2021 10:38 AM

This is the P&G THREAD not just about Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 300May 28, 2021 12:46 PM

R300 It's not! Try reading the title of the thread: "KIM ZIMMER'S FAMILY"

by Anonymousreply 301May 28, 2021 2:28 PM

Vee told us not to comment in this thread. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 302May 28, 2021 2:45 PM

Where’s the fucking P&G thread?

by Anonymousreply 303May 28, 2021 7:21 PM

R303

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 28, 2021 8:19 PM

Scoche Marin is the DEFINITIVE Katherine Chancellor on Y&R! She acts circles around Kim Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 305May 28, 2021 10:53 PM

It is THE Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 306May 29, 2021 1:33 AM

Sorry, can’t find the latest P&G thread.

Alan did a one on one with Zimmer for her birthday yesterday. I enjoyed seeing the photos of her home life/career for the first five minutes or so. She didn’t say anything she hasn’t already said. She’s generous towards the two actresses she apparently had problems with-Cynthia Watros and Michelle Forbes. No mention of Beth Ehlers, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307February 3, 2022 1:35 PM

Zimmer screams CUNT. Fun, but a true cunt.

by Anonymousreply 308February 3, 2022 3:28 PM

r308 Hi Ellen

by Anonymousreply 309February 5, 2022 2:03 PM

I still don't know what a Vee is.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!