Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 24

Will we ever be able to figure out who Jason Johnson and Joshua Johnson are?

Can't one of them change their last name???

It's very confusing for the viewer.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 12113 hours ago

Sam Brock was on Hallie Jackson's show this morning, looking MIGHTY fine!

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 104/26/2021

Sam looks like he's packing...

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 204/26/2021

How fucking TALL is Sam Brock?

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 304/26/2021

Link to Part 23

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 404/26/2021

That thread is paywalled, R4.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 504/26/2021

I know, I’m linking for historical purposes.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 604/26/2021

Bu you forgot about Joshua Jackson.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 704/26/2021

Why is msnbc airing this entire press conference? Trying to juice up some riots in NC tonight?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 804/26/2021

Will Rachel be "on fire" tonight?

lol

by Hallie Jacksonreply 904/26/2021

Rachel will be FIRED tonight.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1004/26/2021

I love that there hasn't been any drama with Biden.

However, I do wonder what the news shows are talking about nowdays.

I haven't really been tuning in lately.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1104/27/2021

I'm glad that everyone is back in the studio.

This broadcasting from home bullshit was getting ridiculous.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1204/27/2021

I may be the only one not to realize that Eugene Daniels is gay. He is so restrained in his appearances on MSNBC, compared to his videos for Politico, where he's much more expressive vocally and in the use of his hands (stereotypically). Based on earlier photos, I don't think the current modified afro is working for him.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1304/27/2021

Did they air the Biden address last night?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1404/28/2021

R14 - only the Clairvoyant Channel aired it last night.

All of the other networks are airing it tonight.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1504/28/2021

R13 I love his lips!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1604/28/2021

I get Hallie Jackson mixed up with the always pregnant gal.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1704/28/2021

[quote] I love his lips!

luscious. best lips on MSNBC, but not seen recently, are those of another gay black gentleman, Doug Thornell

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 1804/28/2021

Hallie Jackson is the one that loves to interrupt and talk over people. She reminds me of Chris Matthews, the way she bulldozes people.

Katy Tur is the one who’s always pregnant.

Kasie Hunt is the one that’s really butch in appearance.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 1904/28/2021

[quote] Will we ever be able to figure out who Jason Johnson and Joshua Johnson are?

Unless you also have a problem figuring out who Brian Williams and Pete Williams are the problem is you, come to think of it, either way the problem is you.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2004/28/2021

^^^^ the second one in each case is gay.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2104/28/2021

R21 = Rain Man.

R19 is funny, and very accurate.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2204/28/2021

Kasie's a major sports fan, and she looks like she'd be good a martial arts, but of the 3, I think she's actually the prettiest.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2304/28/2021

In the first hour of her show today, Nicolle Wallace referred to "squashing" a subpoena -- the term is "quash", meaning to quell or suppress -- a subpoena is not a bug to be squashed. Imagine my shock and horror to hear Dan Goldman, a real lawyer who worked on the impeachment case against Trump, say "squash" in responding to Wallace's questions, not once but twice! They're driving me to my fainting couch!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2404/28/2021

Tim Miller can be your smelling salts, he surely has a foul odor.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2504/28/2021

Was Joe off this morning?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2604/29/2021

No Joe was there

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2704/29/2021

I'm sick of Joe saying "I'm a small government conservative". He is going to have an on-air meltdown yet. I love watching him stew in the fact his precious Republican party is run by lunatics and he has to it there and watch it happen.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2804/29/2021

I recorded the "Eleventh Hour With Brian Williams" show last night and am watching it now. Attorney Dan Goldman just said again that a subpoena can be "squashed" instead of "quashed". The English language is DEvolving before our very ears!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 2904/29/2021

Local anchor yesterday, "it never seems to amaze me" instead of "ceases to amaze". Had the added benefit of meaning the opposite of what he intended.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3004/29/2021

R30, your local guy is well-qualified to appear on Nicolle Wallace's show! He should apply to MSNBC if he has aspirations beyond a local market.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3104/29/2021

As this seems to be such a frequent thing with Nicolle and her friends, wonder if we should be providing feedback somehow. I don't know what the channel would be, likely to get lost in the flow. Ultimately we want them to do well.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3204/29/2021

R32, I admit to being a Grammar Nazi, but is it too much to ask that professional broadcasters who are adults and experienced journalists make the effort to use the English language correctly? If the people on Wallace's show can't or won't do that at this point in their careers, I'd rather see them replaced with someone who gives a shit about it.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3304/29/2021

Hear you. But as things go I think you are destined to be disappointed. I was heartened to hear Brain Williams still using the word "email" as a collective noun - no need for an "s" - I thought I was the last hold out.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3404/29/2021

On Chris Hayes show tonight he revealed that he and Lin-Manuel Miranda were in the same class in high school and showed a small film clip with them in the same classroom. Who knew?

Apparently this is well known by everyone except me.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 3504/29/2021

Chuck Todd was bouncing around like crazy in his seat today. Weird.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3604/30/2021

David Gura has landed at NPR.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 3704/30/2021

Ari is doing his bearded look tonight. I think it is sexy. I do wonder why he just doesn't leave it alone and stop shaving it off after a few days. I have had a beard or goatee for 25 years. It is painful to shave it off and then grow it back.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3804/30/2021

R35 Hayes also went to school and is still friendly with Desus Nice of the Desus and Mero duo

by Hallie Jacksonreply 3904/30/2021

Richard Engel was on Stephanie Ruhle's show this morning, and he gave an excellent report.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4005/03/2021

I like Rachel Maddow, but I'm always amused by her deferential tone of voice when she refers to federal judges. She clearly believes that judges in federal courts are more intelligent and learned than judges in other kinds of courts. But any lawyer who's familiar with both kinds of judges can tell you that's not necessarily the case. Federal judges' appointments are for lifetime terms (except Bankruptcy Court judges, whose terms are for 14 years and may be renewed) but the appointment process is just as fraught with political considerations and cronyism as anything else -- merit is given lip service but what really matters is who you know and how many favors you're owed. Once a federal judge has been appointed to the lifetime term, he/she can only be removed by impeachment followed by conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors -- merely being lazy or not real bright ain't enough.

Before I retired as a lawyer practicing in the federal courts, I worked with several judges for many years. Some were diligent and honorable, but those weren't always the most intelligent or scholarly -- some of the best intellects were just waiting for their pensions to vest, came in late and went home early, took long lunches and frequent vacations, and pretty much relied on their law clerks (who usually did work hard but lacked experience and weren't always brilliant). So people shouldn't be overly impressed by the label "federal" -- the judiciary is no less a racket than anything else in American life and those operating at the federal level don't differ from their lower ranking colleagues.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4105/04/2021

MSNBC - Part 23 has obviously been paywalled, but still seems to be way more active than this thread. Is there a polite way to ask that they migrate their discussions over here?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4205/06/2021

That one is almost full, R42.

I think it's up to 576 replies.

Obviously the people who post on the MSNBC threads are all rich people and Datalounge subscribers.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4305/06/2021

I've noticed Ali, Nicolle and Chris are the loudest hosts. I always have to turn my volume down a bit when they speak

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4405/06/2021

Ali => mute

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4505/06/2021

R43 Looks like 600 is the cap.

At which point someone there will start another Part 24.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4605/06/2021

R46 may be right. A paying member should post on Part 23 that Part 24 already exists and should be used instead of lame duck Part 23.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4705/06/2021

they should all be back in the studios. this is getting to be ridiculous.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 4805/06/2021

Thanks for the piggybacked thread OP

by Hallie Jacksonreply 49Last Friday at 12:37 AM

r46 when 23 nears 590 someone should post the link to here there.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 50Last Friday at 12:39 AM

Mika doesn't know the name of her own show.

Leading up to a commercial break earlier this morning, she said, "Next on Morning Jay (pause) Joe."

by Hallie Jacksonreply 51Last Friday at 4:34 AM

Mika, if nothing else, is the best dressed female anchor. She smartly avoids prints and fussy details.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 52Last Friday at 5:42 AM

Producer and on-air talent Dain Evans has become a favorite of mine.

He's family. Might even be a DLer.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 53Last Friday at 5:44 AM

Eugene Daniels needs to deal with that mono brow. Otherwise, YES, he's very hot. I also miss Doug Thornell - he hasn't been on MSNBC since pre-election, I think. WEHT?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 54Last Friday at 6:00 AM

miss Doug Thornell - so kissable! and taller than expected.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 55Last Friday at 1:07 PM

Is Rachel off tonight?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 56Last Friday at 4:16 PM

Lately I catch myself, wait, why am I thinking DeSantis looks good? That's not right. He was bloated & pasty for the longest time, now he's all bronzed & beaming in a skeevy sleazy way. Yuck, don't like it one bit.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 57Last Friday at 4:21 PM

I miss Robert Costa and looks like I will be for quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 58Last Friday at 4:21 PM

Morning Joe led today with a This Week in COVID History mock newsreel, a Kimmel production. I thought it was really sharp and funny, and skewered Fox nicely. I'll need to investigate the series up 'til now.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 59Last Friday at 4:30 PM

Kimmel is a noted Trump hater with the resources to make him look stupid. Brilliant.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 60Last Friday at 4:32 PM

R56 or are we going to be Velshi'd again.

I like Velshi, but wouldn't Kornacki need the work? Ruhle? Jansing?

Velshi is like methadone.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 61Last Friday at 4:42 PM

Kornacki was on the NBC Evening News tonight in his trademark khakis talking about percentages of Americans who've been vaccinated.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 62Last Friday at 5:00 PM

RACHEL!!!!!!!!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 63Last Friday at 5:01 PM

Velshi, will most likely be on the Last Word for Lawrence since he doesn't work on Fridays.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 64Last Friday at 5:13 PM

DL Fave Briscoe Cain was featured on Rachel tonight and not favorably. I say DL Fav because many threads about him have been on DL, not a fav of mine.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 65Last Friday at 5:17 PM

The Briscoe Cain thread

Remember Brisco Cain, the midget closet case from Texas who flew up to Philadelphia to fight the election results?

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 66Last Friday at 5:19 PM

And there he is...

by Hallie Jacksonreply 67Last Friday at 6:41 PM

[quote]Mika, if nothing else, is the best dressed female anchor. She smartly avoids prints and fussy details.

How lame.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 68Last Saturday at 5:08 AM

Know Your Value™, Joy!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 69Last Saturday at 5:22 AM

Katy Tur is off on 12 weeks of pregnancy leave. Apparently her show was interrupted by a Biden speech and she was force to say her goodbyes on Ayman Mohyeldin's show.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 70Last Saturday at 8:57 AM

i would keep getting knocked up if i was married to tony d. tooo!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 71Last Saturday at 9:12 AM

This is their 2nd kid, and the 1st one has already been around a couple of years, why are y'all acting like they're the Duggars?

by Hallie Jacksonreply 72Last Saturday at 9:30 AM

I remember her talking last time about having complications after her C-section. She probably won't have another kid after this one.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 73Last Saturday at 9:39 AM

best arms on MSNBC by a long shot

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 74Last Saturday at 6:24 PM

Katy Tur is 37 and having more kids after this one wouldn't be ideal from a health point of view (especially if she had to have a C-section the last time and then encountered "complications" with it). The other day, she referred to the fetus as "she" so, if the couple was hoping to have a girl, maybe they'll feel that they can stop now. Her first kid is a boy and she's stepmother to her husband's 2 young boys, which would explain why the parents might want a girl to complete the family.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 75Last Saturday at 6:42 PM

37 is not old for kids, women have kids up to their mid-late 40s.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 76Last Saturday at 9:39 PM

I know, R76. That doesn't make it ideal -- depends on the woman's overall health and reproductive history.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 77Last Sunday at 5:42 AM

I really don’t like Michael Steele. He screams party reject/opportunist.

Too many of these Republican-lite people attempting to redeem themselves because they’re main job is to keep the heat on the current GQP on TV.

Whatever happened to the Lincoln Project he was involved with? What did they do with the money they raked in????

by Hallie Jacksonreply 78Last Sunday at 6:07 AM

*their

by Hallie Jacksonreply 79Last Sunday at 6:08 AM

Michael Steele Republican-lite.

FFS he ran the party.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 80Last Sunday at 6:09 AM

Joe S. has gone back to his Republican ways after crying for 4 years over Dump.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 81Last Sunday at 10:42 AM

What about Steve Schmidt? He used to appear on Nicolle Wallace's show frequently but I haven't seen him lately.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 82Last Sunday at 11:31 AM

Rick Wilson hasn’t been on either.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 83Last Sunday at 12:06 PM

Steve Schmidt and Rick Wilson have been absent from the airwaves following all of the Lincoln Project scandals and bad publicity. Overnight, they went from being on MSNBC almost every day to being banished. Steve Schmidt had even stopped tweeting for about two months, but I see he's now tweeting again.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 84Last Sunday at 12:14 PM

Rick was on Bill Maher this past Friday.

Lincoln Project was never brought up.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 85Last Sunday at 12:46 PM

I miss Rick Wilson's cutting sense of humor....bring him back

by Hallie Jacksonreply 86Last Sunday at 1:32 PM

R81 - Scarborough (like Liz Cheney) never stopped being a conservative.

He's been saying for a couple of years that the party left him, not the other way around.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 87Last Sunday at 2:19 PM

Steve Schmidt's been off dealing with some gnarly personal issues related to the abuse he suffered at the hands of a BSA troop leader. He Tweeted about the abuse causing issues in his life though for decades he'd told himself he was fine.

I like him; he looks like my (prettier) late Maine Coon. Hope he's doing okay. I like his way of speaking; he's coiner of my favorite random Asperger-y line ever:

[quote]"What's with the Eskimo?"

(Spoken to Nicolle in 2008 on the McCain campaign trail re: Sarah Palin's husband.)

by Hallie Jacksonreply 88Last Sunday at 3:20 PM

Can anyone kindly give a brief summary of the the Lincoln Project scandals and Rick and Steve's involvement in said scandals?

TIA!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 89Last Sunday at 4:37 PM

I'm so hot for Michael Steele! The perfect sexy daddy.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 90Last Sunday at 4:38 PM

R89:

The founders tried to make money off the project and may have violated campaign finance laws in the process;

One of the founders (fat old guy named Weaver) was accused of pressuring underage boys for sex and the people in charge didn't get rid of him fast enough.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 91Last Monday at 4:14 AM

Why do a few hosts have named shows such as MTP Daily, Deadline: White House, The Beat with Ari Melber, The ReidOut, etc., yet others just have the boring Enter-name-here Reports: Stephanie Ruhle, Hallie Jackson, Craig Melvin, Andrea Mitchell, etc.? It looks like there are six of them with the same generic show name. Would it really be that hard to come up with show names for all of them? I'm sure we could do it here ourselves. "The Ruhles" for Stephanie Ruhle. "The Dementia Hour" for Andrea Mitchell.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 92Last Monday at 5:06 AM

Andrea Mitchell Reports.

Alex Witt Reports.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 93Last Monday at 5:18 AM

Mika is just plain dumb. Enough said.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 94Last Monday at 5:44 AM

^^ Yep. As I mentioned at R51, she doesn't even know her show's name. ^^

by Hallie Jacksonreply 95Last Monday at 6:16 AM

[quote]Alex Witt Reports.

Hardly. She just sits at her desk reading the Prompter and interviewing people about shit they've already discussed all week.

Andrea at least still has scoops from time to time, and nobody's Rolodex is as full as the old crone's.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 96Last Monday at 8:14 AM

I think the “....Reports” shows are supposed to be hard news and not opinion. The anchors of those shows are not supposed to be looked at as pundits.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 97Last Monday at 8:32 AM

[quote] best arms on MSNBC by a long shot

Sorry, R74 but I cannot stand his stupid, smug, self-satisfied fat face!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 98Last Monday at 11:50 PM

Was Joe S. "on fire" this morning? lol

by Hallie Jacksonreply 99Last Tuesday at 7:51 AM

I thought Rachel is the only one who's ever on fire.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 100Last Tuesday at 8:41 AM

I’ll admit it, I was one of the posters who use to say Rachel is on 🔥

The “Mueller Report” story seems a million years ago. I foolishly thought that report would save us from The orange menace.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 101Last Tuesday at 11:55 AM

Why does Nicolle insist upon having the Son of Blubber, Jason Johnson, on her show so often? Today his prediction is Republicans will impeach Biden in 2023. Claire McCaskill had to control her facial reaction to his nonsense. He doesn't want the Democrats to take time to get it together and think shrewdly as to winning seats in the House and Senate. He wants action now. No time to strategize. He opens mouth and stupid comes out.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 102Last Tuesday at 3:59 PM

Someone keeps bumping the Part 23 thread, which is paywalled and approaching the maximum of 600 posts. You're supposed to post here instead, bozo!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 103Last Tuesday at 4:52 PM

R102 I've been saying if the repubs gain control of the House next year they will impeach Biden and Harris. It doesn't matter that everything will be based on bullshit, they'll do it anyway. Johnson is not wrong there. If the repubs are rewarded by winning back congress, we're going to be more screwed than anything we saw during the Trump years. They are not governing anymore. They're running on lies, propaganda, conspiracy theories, hate and culture wars. They will destroy our country unless a lot of people come out to vote for Democrats next year

by Hallie Jacksonreply 104Last Tuesday at 5:00 PM

Maddow time!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 105Last Tuesday at 5:03 PM

Nicolle had Ben Rhodes on today. I have such dirty thoughts when he's on. I fantasize about chewing that suit off with my teeth to reveal the leather harness he has on underneath. The image alone floods Mama's basement.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 106Last Tuesday at 5:05 PM

Rachel is on 🔥🔥

by Hallie Jacksonreply 107Last Tuesday at 5:06 PM

You have horrible taste, R106.

Offsite Link
by Hallie Jacksonreply 108Last Tuesday at 5:09 PM

There's that big Maddow exhale. Big news coming.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 109Last Tuesday at 5:31 PM

Keep us posted, R109!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 110Last Tuesday at 5:34 PM

It's the NRA bankruptcy case dismissal! So glad it's being covered.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 111Last Tuesday at 5:38 PM

R106

"floods Mama's basement"

lol

by Hallie Jacksonreply 112Yesterday at 5:10 AM

I'm surprised at how supportive the MSNBC hosts are of Liz Cheney.

I guess the "enemy of my enemy is my friend."

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11316 hours ago

Yep, Mika was all "today I stand with Liz Cheney!" Fuck her.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11416 hours ago

Cheney is no hero but I appreciate that for once in her career she is doing and saying the right things.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11516 hours ago

FINALLY

so glad to hear Matthew Dowd on tv that the repub party changed and radicalized in the 90s because of 1) Gingrich and 2) Fox "News"

too often commentators leave both those factors out. This shit started well before Trump though it metastasized in his era. It got crazy in the Obama years and it was present in the Bush years but it really started in the Clinton years because the repubs hated how popular he was

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11615 hours ago

Nicolle >Joy

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11714 hours ago

Is Rachel on FIRE tonight?

Rofl.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11814 hours ago

R118

It’s only 8:46

by Hallie Jacksonreply 11914 hours ago

r118, she will be.

by Hallie Jacksonreply 12014 hours ago

"Bull Puckey". Drink!

by Hallie Jacksonreply 12113 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!