Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 24

Will we ever be able to figure out who Jason Johnson and Joshua Johnson are?

Can't one of them change their last name???

It's very confusing for the viewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Sam Brock was on Hallie Jackson's show this morning, looking MIGHTY fine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Sam looks like he's packing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2021 4:44 PM

How fucking TALL is Sam Brock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2021 4:47 PM

Link to Part 23

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2021 4:49 PM

That thread is paywalled, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2021 4:49 PM

I know, I’m linking for historical purposes.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2021 4:51 PM

Bu you forgot about Joshua Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2021 4:59 PM

Why is msnbc airing this entire press conference? Trying to juice up some riots in NC tonight?

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2021 7:29 PM

Will Rachel be "on fire" tonight?

lol

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Rachel will be FIRED tonight.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2021 1:46 AM

I love that there hasn't been any drama with Biden.

However, I do wonder what the news shows are talking about nowdays.

I haven't really been tuning in lately.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2021 5:23 PM

I'm glad that everyone is back in the studio.

This broadcasting from home bullshit was getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2021 7:22 PM

I may be the only one not to realize that Eugene Daniels is gay. He is so restrained in his appearances on MSNBC, compared to his videos for Politico, where he's much more expressive vocally and in the use of his hands (stereotypically). Based on earlier photos, I don't think the current modified afro is working for him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2021 8:29 PM

Did they air the Biden address last night?

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2021 5:56 PM

R14 - only the Clairvoyant Channel aired it last night.

All of the other networks are airing it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2021 6:14 PM

R13 I love his lips!

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2021 6:31 PM

I get Hallie Jackson mixed up with the always pregnant gal.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] I love his lips!

luscious. best lips on MSNBC, but not seen recently, are those of another gay black gentleman, Doug Thornell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2021 8:00 PM

Hallie Jackson is the one that loves to interrupt and talk over people. She reminds me of Chris Matthews, the way she bulldozes people.

Katy Tur is the one who’s always pregnant.

Kasie Hunt is the one that’s really butch in appearance.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote] Will we ever be able to figure out who Jason Johnson and Joshua Johnson are?

Unless you also have a problem figuring out who Brian Williams and Pete Williams are the problem is you, come to think of it, either way the problem is you.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2021 8:04 PM

^^^^ the second one in each case is gay.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2021 8:05 PM

R21 = Rain Man.

R19 is funny, and very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2021 8:08 PM

Kasie's a major sports fan, and she looks like she'd be good a martial arts, but of the 3, I think she's actually the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2021 8:26 PM

In the first hour of her show today, Nicolle Wallace referred to "squashing" a subpoena -- the term is "quash", meaning to quell or suppress -- a subpoena is not a bug to be squashed. Imagine my shock and horror to hear Dan Goldman, a real lawyer who worked on the impeachment case against Trump, say "squash" in responding to Wallace's questions, not once but twice! They're driving me to my fainting couch!

by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2021 9:15 PM

Tim Miller can be your smelling salts, he surely has a foul odor.

by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2021 9:26 PM

Was Joe off this morning?

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2021 1:24 PM

No Joe was there

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2021 3:48 PM

I'm sick of Joe saying "I'm a small government conservative". He is going to have an on-air meltdown yet. I love watching him stew in the fact his precious Republican party is run by lunatics and he has to it there and watch it happen.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2021 4:49 PM

I recorded the "Eleventh Hour With Brian Williams" show last night and am watching it now. Attorney Dan Goldman just said again that a subpoena can be "squashed" instead of "quashed". The English language is DEvolving before our very ears!

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2021 5:44 PM

Local anchor yesterday, "it never seems to amaze me" instead of "ceases to amaze". Had the added benefit of meaning the opposite of what he intended.

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2021 7:59 PM

R30, your local guy is well-qualified to appear on Nicolle Wallace's show! He should apply to MSNBC if he has aspirations beyond a local market.

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2021 8:08 PM

As this seems to be such a frequent thing with Nicolle and her friends, wonder if we should be providing feedback somehow. I don't know what the channel would be, likely to get lost in the flow. Ultimately we want them to do well.

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2021 8:18 PM

R32, I admit to being a Grammar Nazi, but is it too much to ask that professional broadcasters who are adults and experienced journalists make the effort to use the English language correctly? If the people on Wallace's show can't or won't do that at this point in their careers, I'd rather see them replaced with someone who gives a shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2021 8:27 PM

Hear you. But as things go I think you are destined to be disappointed. I was heartened to hear Brain Williams still using the word "email" as a collective noun - no need for an "s" - I thought I was the last hold out.

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2021 8:46 PM

On Chris Hayes show tonight he revealed that he and Lin-Manuel Miranda were in the same class in high school and showed a small film clip with them in the same classroom. Who knew?

Apparently this is well known by everyone except me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2021 1:14 AM

Chuck Todd was bouncing around like crazy in his seat today. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2021 5:53 PM

David Gura has landed at NPR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2021 9:37 PM

Ari is doing his bearded look tonight. I think it is sexy. I do wonder why he just doesn't leave it alone and stop shaving it off after a few days. I have had a beard or goatee for 25 years. It is painful to shave it off and then grow it back.

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2021 11:04 PM

R35 Hayes also went to school and is still friendly with Desus Nice of the Desus and Mero duo

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2021 4:00 AM

Richard Engel was on Stephanie Ruhle's show this morning, and he gave an excellent report.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2021 9:21 PM

I like Rachel Maddow, but I'm always amused by her deferential tone of voice when she refers to federal judges. She clearly believes that judges in federal courts are more intelligent and learned than judges in other kinds of courts. But any lawyer who's familiar with both kinds of judges can tell you that's not necessarily the case. Federal judges' appointments are for lifetime terms (except Bankruptcy Court judges, whose terms are for 14 years and may be renewed) but the appointment process is just as fraught with political considerations and cronyism as anything else -- merit is given lip service but what really matters is who you know and how many favors you're owed. Once a federal judge has been appointed to the lifetime term, he/she can only be removed by impeachment followed by conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors -- merely being lazy or not real bright ain't enough.

Before I retired as a lawyer practicing in the federal courts, I worked with several judges for many years. Some were diligent and honorable, but those weren't always the most intelligent or scholarly -- some of the best intellects were just waiting for their pensions to vest, came in late and went home early, took long lunches and frequent vacations, and pretty much relied on their law clerks (who usually did work hard but lacked experience and weren't always brilliant). So people shouldn't be overly impressed by the label "federal" -- the judiciary is no less a racket than anything else in American life and those operating at the federal level don't differ from their lower ranking colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2021 1:53 AM

MSNBC - Part 23 has obviously been paywalled, but still seems to be way more active than this thread. Is there a polite way to ask that they migrate their discussions over here?

by Anonymousreply 42May 7, 2021 2:00 AM

That one is almost full, R42.

I think it's up to 576 replies.

Obviously the people who post on the MSNBC threads are all rich people and Datalounge subscribers.

by Anonymousreply 43May 7, 2021 2:02 AM

I've noticed Ali, Nicolle and Chris are the loudest hosts. I always have to turn my volume down a bit when they speak

by Anonymousreply 44May 7, 2021 2:15 AM

Ali => mute

by Anonymousreply 45May 7, 2021 2:18 AM

R43 Looks like 600 is the cap.

At which point someone there will start another Part 24.

by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2021 2:20 AM

R46 may be right. A paying member should post on Part 23 that Part 24 already exists and should be used instead of lame duck Part 23.

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2021 2:23 AM

they should all be back in the studios. this is getting to be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 48May 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Thanks for the piggybacked thread OP

by Anonymousreply 49May 7, 2021 8:37 AM

r46 when 23 nears 590 someone should post the link to here there.

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2021 8:39 AM

Mika doesn't know the name of her own show.

Leading up to a commercial break earlier this morning, she said, "Next on Morning Jay (pause) Joe."

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2021 12:34 PM

Mika, if nothing else, is the best dressed female anchor. She smartly avoids prints and fussy details.

by Anonymousreply 52May 7, 2021 1:42 PM

Producer and on-air talent Dain Evans has become a favorite of mine.

He's family. Might even be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2021 1:44 PM

Eugene Daniels needs to deal with that mono brow. Otherwise, YES, he's very hot. I also miss Doug Thornell - he hasn't been on MSNBC since pre-election, I think. WEHT?

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2021 2:00 PM

miss Doug Thornell - so kissable! and taller than expected.

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2021 9:07 PM

Is Rachel off tonight?

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2021 12:16 AM

Lately I catch myself, wait, why am I thinking DeSantis looks good? That's not right. He was bloated & pasty for the longest time, now he's all bronzed & beaming in a skeevy sleazy way. Yuck, don't like it one bit.

by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2021 12:21 AM

I miss Robert Costa and looks like I will be for quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2021 12:21 AM

Morning Joe led today with a This Week in COVID History mock newsreel, a Kimmel production. I thought it was really sharp and funny, and skewered Fox nicely. I'll need to investigate the series up 'til now.

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2021 12:30 AM

Kimmel is a noted Trump hater with the resources to make him look stupid. Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2021 12:32 AM

R56 or are we going to be Velshi'd again.

I like Velshi, but wouldn't Kornacki need the work? Ruhle? Jansing?

Velshi is like methadone.

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2021 12:42 AM

Kornacki was on the NBC Evening News tonight in his trademark khakis talking about percentages of Americans who've been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2021 1:00 AM

RACHEL!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2021 1:01 AM

Velshi, will most likely be on the Last Word for Lawrence since he doesn't work on Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2021 1:13 AM

DL Fave Briscoe Cain was featured on Rachel tonight and not favorably. I say DL Fav because many threads about him have been on DL, not a fav of mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2021 1:17 AM

The Briscoe Cain thread

Remember Brisco Cain, the midget closet case from Texas who flew up to Philadelphia to fight the election results?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2021 1:19 AM

And there he is...

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote]Mika, if nothing else, is the best dressed female anchor. She smartly avoids prints and fussy details.

How lame.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2021 1:08 PM

Know Your Value™, Joy!

by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2021 1:22 PM

Katy Tur is off on 12 weeks of pregnancy leave. Apparently her show was interrupted by a Biden speech and she was force to say her goodbyes on Ayman Mohyeldin's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2021 4:57 PM

i would keep getting knocked up if i was married to tony d. tooo!

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2021 5:12 PM

This is their 2nd kid, and the 1st one has already been around a couple of years, why are y'all acting like they're the Duggars?

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2021 5:30 PM

I remember her talking last time about having complications after her C-section. She probably won't have another kid after this one.

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2021 5:39 PM

best arms on MSNBC by a long shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2021 2:24 AM

Katy Tur is 37 and having more kids after this one wouldn't be ideal from a health point of view (especially if she had to have a C-section the last time and then encountered "complications" with it). The other day, she referred to the fetus as "she" so, if the couple was hoping to have a girl, maybe they'll feel that they can stop now. Her first kid is a boy and she's stepmother to her husband's 2 young boys, which would explain why the parents might want a girl to complete the family.

by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2021 2:42 AM

37 is not old for kids, women have kids up to their mid-late 40s.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2021 5:39 AM

I know, R76. That doesn't make it ideal -- depends on the woman's overall health and reproductive history.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2021 1:42 PM

I really don’t like Michael Steele. He screams party reject/opportunist.

Too many of these Republican-lite people attempting to redeem themselves because they’re main job is to keep the heat on the current GQP on TV.

Whatever happened to the Lincoln Project he was involved with? What did they do with the money they raked in????

by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2021 2:07 PM

*their

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2021 2:08 PM

Michael Steele Republican-lite.

FFS he ran the party.

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2021 2:09 PM

Joe S. has gone back to his Republican ways after crying for 4 years over Dump.

by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2021 6:42 PM

What about Steve Schmidt? He used to appear on Nicolle Wallace's show frequently but I haven't seen him lately.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2021 7:31 PM

Rick Wilson hasn’t been on either.

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2021 8:06 PM

Steve Schmidt and Rick Wilson have been absent from the airwaves following all of the Lincoln Project scandals and bad publicity. Overnight, they went from being on MSNBC almost every day to being banished. Steve Schmidt had even stopped tweeting for about two months, but I see he's now tweeting again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2021 8:14 PM

Rick was on Bill Maher this past Friday.

Lincoln Project was never brought up.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2021 8:46 PM

I miss Rick Wilson's cutting sense of humor....bring him back

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2021 9:32 PM

R81 - Scarborough (like Liz Cheney) never stopped being a conservative.

He's been saying for a couple of years that the party left him, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2021 10:19 PM

Steve Schmidt's been off dealing with some gnarly personal issues related to the abuse he suffered at the hands of a BSA troop leader. He Tweeted about the abuse causing issues in his life though for decades he'd told himself he was fine.

I like him; he looks like my (prettier) late Maine Coon. Hope he's doing okay. I like his way of speaking; he's coiner of my favorite random Asperger-y line ever:

[quote]"What's with the Eskimo?"

(Spoken to Nicolle in 2008 on the McCain campaign trail re: Sarah Palin's husband.)

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2021 11:20 PM

Can anyone kindly give a brief summary of the the Lincoln Project scandals and Rick and Steve's involvement in said scandals?

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2021 12:37 AM

I'm so hot for Michael Steele! The perfect sexy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2021 12:38 AM

R89:

The founders tried to make money off the project and may have violated campaign finance laws in the process;

One of the founders (fat old guy named Weaver) was accused of pressuring underage boys for sex and the people in charge didn't get rid of him fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Why do a few hosts have named shows such as MTP Daily, Deadline: White House, The Beat with Ari Melber, The ReidOut, etc., yet others just have the boring Enter-name-here Reports: Stephanie Ruhle, Hallie Jackson, Craig Melvin, Andrea Mitchell, etc.? It looks like there are six of them with the same generic show name. Would it really be that hard to come up with show names for all of them? I'm sure we could do it here ourselves. "The Ruhles" for Stephanie Ruhle. "The Dementia Hour" for Andrea Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2021 1:06 PM

Andrea Mitchell Reports.

Alex Witt Reports.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2021 1:18 PM

Mika is just plain dumb. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2021 1:44 PM

^^ Yep. As I mentioned at R51, she doesn't even know her show's name. ^^

by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote]Alex Witt Reports.

Hardly. She just sits at her desk reading the Prompter and interviewing people about shit they've already discussed all week.

Andrea at least still has scoops from time to time, and nobody's Rolodex is as full as the old crone's.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2021 4:14 PM

I think the “....Reports” shows are supposed to be hard news and not opinion. The anchors of those shows are not supposed to be looked at as pundits.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote] best arms on MSNBC by a long shot

Sorry, R74 but I cannot stand his stupid, smug, self-satisfied fat face!

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2021 7:50 AM

Was Joe S. "on fire" this morning? lol

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2021 3:51 PM

I thought Rachel is the only one who's ever on fire.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2021 4:41 PM

I’ll admit it, I was one of the posters who use to say Rachel is on 🔥

The “Mueller Report” story seems a million years ago. I foolishly thought that report would save us from The orange menace.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2021 7:55 PM

Why does Nicolle insist upon having the Son of Blubber, Jason Johnson, on her show so often? Today his prediction is Republicans will impeach Biden in 2023. Claire McCaskill had to control her facial reaction to his nonsense. He doesn't want the Democrats to take time to get it together and think shrewdly as to winning seats in the House and Senate. He wants action now. No time to strategize. He opens mouth and stupid comes out.

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Someone keeps bumping the Part 23 thread, which is paywalled and approaching the maximum of 600 posts. You're supposed to post here instead, bozo!

by Anonymousreply 103May 12, 2021 12:52 AM

R102 I've been saying if the repubs gain control of the House next year they will impeach Biden and Harris. It doesn't matter that everything will be based on bullshit, they'll do it anyway. Johnson is not wrong there. If the repubs are rewarded by winning back congress, we're going to be more screwed than anything we saw during the Trump years. They are not governing anymore. They're running on lies, propaganda, conspiracy theories, hate and culture wars. They will destroy our country unless a lot of people come out to vote for Democrats next year

by Anonymousreply 104May 12, 2021 1:00 AM

Maddow time!

by Anonymousreply 105May 12, 2021 1:03 AM

Nicolle had Ben Rhodes on today. I have such dirty thoughts when he's on. I fantasize about chewing that suit off with my teeth to reveal the leather harness he has on underneath. The image alone floods Mama's basement.

by Anonymousreply 106May 12, 2021 1:05 AM

Rachel is on 🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 107May 12, 2021 1:06 AM

You have horrible taste, R106.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 12, 2021 1:09 AM

There's that big Maddow exhale. Big news coming.

by Anonymousreply 109May 12, 2021 1:31 AM

Keep us posted, R109!

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2021 1:34 AM

It's the NRA bankruptcy case dismissal! So glad it's being covered.

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2021 1:38 AM

R106

"floods Mama's basement"

lol

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2021 1:10 PM

I'm surprised at how supportive the MSNBC hosts are of Liz Cheney.

I guess the "enemy of my enemy is my friend."

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2021 10:08 PM

Yep, Mika was all "today I stand with Liz Cheney!" Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2021 10:19 PM

Cheney is no hero but I appreciate that for once in her career she is doing and saying the right things.

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2021 10:35 PM

FINALLY

so glad to hear Matthew Dowd on tv that the repub party changed and radicalized in the 90s because of 1) Gingrich and 2) Fox "News"

too often commentators leave both those factors out. This shit started well before Trump though it metastasized in his era. It got crazy in the Obama years and it was present in the Bush years but it really started in the Clinton years because the repubs hated how popular he was

by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2021 11:31 PM

Nicolle >Joy

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2021 12:42 AM

Is Rachel on FIRE tonight?

Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2021 12:43 AM

R118

It’s only 8:46

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2021 12:46 AM

r118, she will be.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2021 12:47 AM

"Bull Puckey". Drink!

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2021 1:39 AM

Is Chris Krebs flirting with Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2021 8:28 AM

I didn't know he was so personable but he seems likable

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2021 8:50 AM

Michael Steele handed Mika her ass this morning. It was great. She had to later explain she wasn't arguing with him. What do you call it then since she was yelling at him?

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2021 7:27 PM

R124 - I missed it. What were they "not" arguing about?

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2021 9:36 PM

R124

Whaaat happened???

by Anonymousreply 126May 13, 2021 9:44 PM

Kornacki got himself a multi-million dollar 4 year contract, with a focus on NBC sports (???) but will also still be on NBC news and MSNBC likely around elections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 13, 2021 9:55 PM

MSNBC has brought back two of my favorite pundits, Michael Crowley with the NYT and Michael Scherer with the Washington Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2021 9:56 PM

What is it with gay data nerds and sports? Nate Silver also focuses heavily on sports.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2021 10:03 PM

R125, she was ranting against the Big Lie and that people should do something about stopping it. He had been telling her that the change needs to happen at the ballot box with people voting Trump followers out of office and since this was not an election year, that was not going to happen overnight. She refused to accept his answer and said something had to be done now. She was totally out of control. Steele finally had enough of her caterwauling at him and threw it back in her lap with "what would YOU do Mika to stop it?" She sat there stunned when he kept repeating it to her.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2021 10:07 PM

Joe's "crazy" seems to be rubbing off on Mika.

He does the same thing.

Just rant, rant, and rant.

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2021 10:09 PM

Mika is a psychopath but I also hate Michael Steele. He dedicated his life to the Republican party and worked tirelessly for decades to get Republicans elected. If it weren't for Trump he'd still be a hardcore member of the Republican party. I'm sick of seeing him on my TV.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2021 10:18 PM

Damn, of all days for me to miss "Morning Joe!" Where was Joe during the Mika/Michael kurfuffle?

Michael Steele deserves his own show on MSNBC. Perhaps give him Nicolle's first hour. He might be able to attract some reasonable repugs to sit down with him.

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2021 10:21 PM

Joe was off again this morning. Again.

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2021 10:23 PM

Who knew? "Morning Joe" is available On Demand so we can watch the skirmish there tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] Michael Steele deserves his own show on MSNBC.

There are too many Republicans hosting shows on MSNBC as it is. No more.

by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2021 10:29 PM

but I see Mika's point. It's not acceptable to have most of the repubs in congress still actively spreading or sympathizing with the Big Lie. There should be pressure put on them to stop. Obviously we can't get rid of them until the midterms but there's no guarantee there either. In the meantime it's OK to accept what they're doing. The psychological damage they can do with ingraining these lies between now and midterms cannot be overlooked

I think Michael Steele is personable and obviously not a rabid psycho like most of his former colleagues but he's still a jerk. The repub party has been shit since the 1960s and has gotten worse with each decade. Steele once said he was energized to get into politics because of Reagan. Reagan was a piece of shit fraudster racist too

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] Who knew? "Morning Joe" is available On Demand so we can watch the skirmish there tomorrow.

Don't bother, it wasn't all that, Mika demanding answers to questions that were unanswerable.

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2021 10:31 PM

*In the meantime it's NOT OK to accept what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2021 10:32 PM

Mika's job apparently is to read and she's been just awful at it lately.

by Anonymousreply 140May 13, 2021 10:52 PM

Marc Caputo is on Joy’s show—and he is hot.

What’s his details? Gay/Straight?

by Anonymousreply 141May 13, 2021 11:28 PM

Rachel is on fire!

by Anonymousreply 142May 14, 2021 1:21 AM

R141 straight. Married for years

by Anonymousreply 143May 14, 2021 1:25 AM

Here you go, R141.

Shirtless Marc Caputo, for your viewing pleasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 14, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] NBCU has awarded Kornacki a new multimillion-dollar four-year contract.

Awarded. Like it was some kind of prize or gift - he fucking earned it through negotiation based on his value to the network. Geez, just cause he's a humble gay, he still deserves his due.

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote] Shirtless Marc Caputo, for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you R144. I love a man with a greazy spacebar.

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Marc Caputo has some nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 147May 14, 2021 8:48 AM

Caputo is not classically handsome or typically hot but he has a certain way of flirting with the camera that seems to turn everyone, including me, on. Hard to quite explain it....

I wish he had more of a regular gig. Would he still be sexy behind a desk in a suit and tie? I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 148May 14, 2021 12:42 PM

Damn, Marc Caputo looks THICC.

You'd never know it, watching him on MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 14, 2021 6:49 PM

How old is he?

by Anonymousreply 150May 14, 2021 6:49 PM

That turd 💩 Jake Sherman.

by Anonymousreply 151May 14, 2021 9:04 PM

Joy has an anti-semetic professor on...NBC ain’t going to like that....

by Anonymousreply 152May 14, 2021 11:58 PM

Another episode of literary readings on Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 153May 15, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] Caputo is not classically handsome or typically hot

To me he projects the energy of a 13 or 14 year old boy, who identifies with Hugh Hefner, and has a fat tool.

by Anonymousreply 154May 15, 2021 1:47 AM

Boring show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 155May 15, 2021 1:54 AM

THICC.....ok, I give up?

by Anonymousreply 156May 15, 2021 3:20 AM

Here you go R156.

These boys are all THICC!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 15, 2021 2:22 PM

More THICC-ness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 15, 2021 2:23 PM

Is Don Lemon moving to MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 159May 15, 2021 6:40 PM

No that stunt queen just changed the title of her show and decided to get a little Twitter interest. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 160May 15, 2021 7:48 PM

It was indeed a cheap stunt on Lemon's part. He is such a pearl clutching queen. I never understood why he was popular. Just another example of the crap CNN has as anchors in the evening broadcasts.

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote] Is Don Lemon moving to MSNBC?

I've rarely watched his show. But I do think he has the most symmetrical face I've ever seen, more so when he was younger perhaps. Brad Pitt's is always cited as the most symmetric (oddly because he himself has face-blindness), but I think Lemon's surpasses his .

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2021 9:45 PM

Miles Taylor brought his new puppy on Joshua Johnson's show last night

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2021 10:41 PM

Has NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard come out on his Instagram?

He's posting pix with a guy who looks very boyfriend-like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2021 12:54 AM

The last shot looks like four couples, and Vaughn is leaning in hard to this dude:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2021 12:55 AM

Is this the same guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2021 1:07 AM

DL fave Chuck Todd spars with Dan Crenshaw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2021 1:14 AM

No, R166, that's Frank Thorp, Hallie Jackson's husband. He's an NBC News producer and a really talented photographer — his IG is worth a follow.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2021 1:18 AM

This is Vaughn Hillyard's apparent boyfriend.

He worked for Amy Klobuchar (!) and Nancy Pelosi and now is on Alex Padilla's staff.

He's very handsome. But it's another seeming case of Gay Twins Syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2021 3:00 AM

Joseph Scarborough now preaching against privately owned businesses that still require masks. Back to his old Repug ways and whining because he is inconvenienced in those businesses that require him to mask up.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote]Joseph Scarborough now preaching against privately owned businesses that still require masks.

Privately owned businesses should follow the CDC guidance. That’s all that Joe is preaching.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2021 2:26 PM

R170

While Joe remotes in & won’t come back to the studio.

Hypocrite!!!

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2021 2:27 PM

Are we sure Vaughn is gay, or are you all just projecting?

I'd love to see some definite proof?

There's no reason for him to be in the closet.

Not on MSNBC, especially with so many gay and out men on the network.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2021 2:43 PM

Katy had her 2nd baby and Tony is nice too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2021 3:44 PM

With 2 daughters are Katy and Tony now likely to try yet again for a boy?

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2021 5:19 PM

The couple's first child is a boy. If that's him in the pictures with the blond hair, not sure how "boyish" he is -- or maybe that's how his mom wants him to look.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2021 6:36 PM

He looks like a boy to me, R176.

He just has long, curly hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Young Katy and Tony.

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2021 6:39 PM

Have Katy's kids met "grandma" yet?

Rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2021 6:46 PM

Here's an odd combo:

Keith Olbermann, Katy Tur, and Jason Bateman.

Wtf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2021 6:48 PM

In the past, Katy had an affair with her former boyfriend Keith Olbermann, sports and political commentator and writer. They dated each other for about three years in 2006. And in 2009, declared that they were no more in a love relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2021 6:59 PM

I had no idea she dated Keith Olbermann, R181.

Interesting.

So I guess that's how she got her job at MSNBC.

Then she ditched Olbermann for a hotter guy.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2021 7:03 PM

I see Natasha Bertrand has now joined CNN

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2021 7:08 PM

Tur is a lesbo

by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2021 7:12 PM

I don’t think Katy tur and her “mom” are on speaking terms. Zoey Tur is a nasty piece of work

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2021 8:33 PM

The guy with Vaughn is Devan Cayea Scheduling Director, Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA) at United States Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2021 8:43 PM

I've only been an MSNBC fan since 2015 or so. What was Olbermann's rep there? What kind of journalist was he? Was he fired?

by Anonymousreply 187May 17, 2021 10:31 PM

Yes, R187.

He was fired. He got in a fight with someone, but I forget who it was.

by Anonymousreply 188May 17, 2021 11:34 PM

Keith is older man hot, understand why Katy took her panties off.

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2021 12:03 AM

I must comment that Chris Hayes' hair and colors tonight 5/17 are as flattering and perfect as they have ever been.

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2021 12:57 AM

Rachel just said that when Lincoln was shot he died immediately, he did not

[quote] The president, mortally wounded, was carried to a cheap lodging house opposite Ford’s Theater. An hour after dawn the next morning, Abraham Lincoln died

I am no Rhodes Scholar but even I knew that Lincoln didn't die immediately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 18, 2021 1:08 AM

I've always liked Carole Leonnig - she's got a great voice and measured demeanor. Plus she's a serious friend of Phil. Does anyone else pick up a trans vibe from her? No info that I've found on the web to support that.

by Anonymousreply 192May 18, 2021 8:43 AM

Why did she say that R191?

by Anonymousreply 193May 18, 2021 10:54 AM

R193, she was talking about presidential assassinations - McKinley, Garfield & Lincoln - and then discussing the Secret Service.

by Anonymousreply 194May 18, 2021 10:58 AM

[quote] Why did she say that [R191]?

You know how Rachel likes to give a little history lesson at the beginning of her show, I assume to show everyone how smart she it? Well she was giving a history lesson on the Secret Service, I tend to get distracted when she does this because this is not the first time she has been wrong about some detail, I am not even sure of the point she was attempting to make, I think it was something related to Trump's abuse of the Secret Service but don't quote me on that, like I was saying she had pretty much lost be at that point.

Rachel reminds of some of my college professors who assume they are the smartest person in the room and make sure that is on display but they were just boring. I don't hate Rachel I watch her most nights but she can really frustrate me sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 195May 18, 2021 3:58 PM

She does love to hear her own voice.

by Anonymousreply 196May 18, 2021 4:29 PM

It was a promotion for Carol Leonnig’s new book about the Secret Service’s incompetence and corruption. Rachel gave her the first 30 minutes. I don’t mind that, but she should tell us what she’s doing and where she’s going. Instead, she has a fetish for a long introduction leading to the (surprise!) presence of the person she’s talking about. “And now, here to tell you that I didn’t get anything wrong is . . .[dramatic pause] . . . Carol Leonnig!

by Anonymousreply 197May 18, 2021 4:45 PM

By the way, between 1865 and 1901 there were three Presidents assassinated in 36 years!

by Anonymousreply 198May 18, 2021 4:47 PM

I cannot be the only one who enjoys Rachel's introductory discourse and welcomes the challenge to figure out where it is leading. Not only does she provide an informative and suspenseful opening segment, but she prods her viewers to think as well.

by Anonymousreply 199May 18, 2021 5:11 PM

Secret Service Questioned After ‘Astonishing Litany’ Of Screw-Ups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 18, 2021 5:15 PM

Wouldn't it be something if Leonning and Rucker turned out to be this era's Woodward and Bernstein?!

by Anonymousreply 201May 18, 2021 5:43 PM

It would be nice if someone did, r201.

by Anonymousreply 202May 18, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] a long introduction leading to the (surprise!) presence of the person she’s talking about. “And now, here to tell you that I didn’t get anything wrong is . . .[dramatic pause] . . . Carol Leonnig!

Just once, when Rachel asks her guest, "Did I explain everything correctly? Did I get anything wrong?" I'd love to hear the guest say, "I don't know. I wasn't paying attention."

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote] I'd love to hear the guest say, "I don't know. I wasn't paying attention."

What? And give up show business?!

Seriously though, an appearance on TRMS is the highlight of many a professional career (or lifetime). I pity the fool who tries to sell woof tickets to Ms. Rachel on-air.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2021 7:31 PM

Jake Sherman 💩

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2021 8:20 PM

She does love to tease with extensive historical context. R197 To be fair she mentions Leonnig's book 6 minutes in, only 18 more minutes before she's introduced as a guest.

Not the case last night, or specific to Rachel's show, but I always wonder how it must feel to the guest, who's prepped and primed to go on camera with their media idol - and then their spot wraps in less than 2 minutes. Much like bad sex I guess.

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote]Seriously though, an appearance on TRMS is the highlight of many a professional career (or lifetime)

Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2021 11:43 PM

R206 - If Rachel is their media idol, then they know what to expect with the intro.

So given that, it's more like a quickie than bad sex (to use your analogy) - although if the person's interesting enough, they'll be back after the commercial break (with "one more question.")

by Anonymousreply 208May 19, 2021 1:00 AM

I just KNEW Rachel had a Ford F-150.

by Anonymousreply 209May 19, 2021 5:14 AM

Rachel made another mistake today saying New York City was investigating Trump. Both the Manhattan DA and the State AG represent the State of New York.

by Anonymousreply 210May 19, 2021 6:08 AM

Rachel was back in the studio last night—guess who is not back in the studio—Fucking Joey S.

by Anonymousreply 211May 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Kasie Hunt and Lemire/Geist all appeared to be in-studio.

by Anonymousreply 212May 19, 2021 12:02 PM

R174, Katy Tur's 2 year old son looks like Little Lord Fauntleroy. Time for a haircut . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 19, 2021 12:22 PM

Face to Face

Getting back to normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 19, 2021 12:22 PM

Joe-If they open the schools then are you & Mika coming back to work?????

by Anonymousreply 215May 19, 2021 2:51 PM

Actually, dipshit Mika is actually in a studio in DC this week. But her asshole husband is too comfortable in his fleece staying home in Florida. Yet this hypocrite has expressed his displeasure with private businesses that still require customers to wear masks. If his personal space is inconvenienced he gets snarly. I'll give him much credit that for the past year he has been very supportive of Democrats on many issues. And since he despises Trump, he will get a pass most days with his temper tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 216May 19, 2021 3:19 PM

R190, how were his muscles?

by Anonymousreply 217May 19, 2021 3:21 PM

I love seeing that at R214.

Oh, how I've missed live (maskless) human interaction on television.

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2021 3:47 PM

Joe is turning back to his right wing ways...

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2021 3:49 PM

Manhattan is in NYC the last time I checked. Of course, it represent the people of New York City) in Manhattan.

NYU Law grad.

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2021 3:55 PM

District attorneys are in every county, but they represent the state.

by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Joe is turning back to his right wing ways...

Joe never left his right wing days.

Don't confuse criticizing Trump with criticizing conservatism.

by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2021 4:18 PM

[quote]District attorneys are in every county, but they represent the state.

They represent The People.

by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2021 5:03 PM

The People of the State of New York

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2021 5:05 PM

WTF is Chuck Rosenberg still with MSNBC? Chuck Rosenberg who, leading up to the AG confirmation, assured us that Bill Barr was a trustworthy and honorable man. That Chuck Rosenberg.

Today, duplicitous weasel Rosenberg is suggesting that NYSAG Letitia James recuse herself from the trump investigation because of her campaign promises to prosecute him should she be elected AG. Grrr.

Trim the fat, MSNBC; Chuck Rosenberg needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2021 5:53 PM

He apologized for trusting Barr and admitted that he was wrong. He’s right about James. Her campaign promise might provide Trump with a victory on appeal.

by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2021 5:56 PM

if he committed the crimes it's not going to matter. I'm sure she found probable cause to start investigating him

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2021 8:05 PM

I like Chuck Rosenberg and I while I love Tish, I do think she should recuse herself because it's not a good look to have made a point of gunning for him as a campaign slogan. It looks vindictive.

Trump is a guilty swine and I don't want any distraction.

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2021 8:18 PM

Nope, she promised to investigate him, not prosecute. Just so happens she investigated and found evidenced of crimes that should be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2021 8:55 PM

Philip is back!

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2021 9:12 PM

What's he hosting, R230?

Can't watch right now but I have the hots for him.

Just thinking about Philip Mena makes me horny.

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2021 9:14 PM

R231

Philip Rucker-

Love that fatty!

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2021 9:20 PM

Tim Ryan went off! Beautiful! And he's hot!

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]Nope, she promised to investigate him, not prosecute.

I stand corrected. Thanks, R229.

Always happy to see my fave, Philly Ruck-Ruck (that was the nickname my late dog and I gave him). Does anyone know puppy Axel's breed? I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him/her yet

by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2021 10:24 PM

Who is Axel?

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2021 11:18 PM

Rucker's dog, R235, who appeared on camera sometimes when Rucker was working from home.

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote]Tim Ryan went off! Beautiful! And he's hot!

The Democrats need to do more to promote Tim Ryan to leadership positions. Yes, I realize he's now running for Senate from Ohio. But he's the Rust Belt personified. He looks and talks and acts like every working class white male in Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan. Democrats need to get those voters in order to win Presidential elections, and he can have a lot of sway with that demographic.

by Anonymousreply 237May 20, 2021 12:34 AM

I want ZADDY Tim Ryan in me, quite deeply!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 20, 2021 12:37 AM

surprised no comments on last nights 8 minute or so cross chat between Rachel and Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 239May 20, 2021 1:36 AM

What did it entail?

by Anonymousreply 240May 20, 2021 1:45 AM

Is Phil Rucker a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 241May 20, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote]Is Phil Rucker a bottom?

No, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 242May 20, 2021 1:57 AM

Does Susanne Craig live in a cabin?

by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2021 2:57 AM

Phil Rucker is asexual.

Whenever he gets horny he just rubs his little nub to porn.

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2021 8:07 AM

People are more interested in discussing fat, straight-married Phil Rucker than NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard having a boyfriend?

I don't understand DL anymore.

by Anonymousreply 245May 20, 2021 8:11 AM

[quote] Does Susanne Craig live in a cabin?

I love the knotty pine cabinetry. Do you think she keeps a chainsaw in her kitchen? She almost cracked a smile when signing off with Rachel. I wish she'd just relax a bit, and maybe get a ring light.

by Anonymousreply 246May 20, 2021 9:46 AM

R245 assumes every cute twink is gay. As the kids say, where are the receipts?

by Anonymousreply 247May 20, 2021 9:53 AM

Phil is straight?

by Anonymousreply 248May 20, 2021 11:12 AM

Katy Tur announced that her autobiography will be out this fall. So we can all read about her feelings about her dad, Zoe, her feelings about her ex, Olbermann, and her feelings about whatever the hell anyone else would want to know about a B-List anchor on a cable news network.

by Anonymousreply 249May 20, 2021 11:42 AM

She should title it "To Everything (Tur, Tur, Tur)".

by Anonymousreply 250May 20, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote]straight-married Phil Rucker

What drugs are you on?

by Anonymousreply 251May 20, 2021 3:21 PM

R225 if msnbc got rid of all the people who were horrible republicans for decades and who are responsible for some of the worst policies and humanitarian disasters in the last 30 years they would barely have any commentators left. The WH communications director under Bush has a two hour show for gods sake! The woman who was directly responsible for lying to the American people about the Iraq war and who fed talking points to Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 252May 20, 2021 3:26 PM

R252, the one who sicken me even more is Bill Kristol. He is given a platform like he's some elder statesman. That neocon motherfucker and his PNAC *used* 9/11 to get a war they wanted long before 9/11. It's people like him who are the reason we have the enemies that we do. People really have no fucking idea of how we got to this point when it comes to disastrous Mideast FP - it's people like him who are behind it, going back decades.

by Anonymousreply 253May 20, 2021 3:32 PM

But she drew the line at Sarah Palin, R252 -- so no one is all bad!

by Anonymousreply 254May 20, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote] Bill Kristol. He is given a platform like he's some elder statesman. That neocon motherfucker and his PNAC *used* 9/11 to get a war they wanted long before 9/11.

Kristol is also the one who pushed John McCain to pick Sarah Palin as his running mate. So many of these "never Trumpers" are the ones who created the environment that allowed Trump to swoop in and become president. Now, some of them regret it. But it doesn't change the fact that it was their fuckery that led to today's political shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 255May 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Next thing you know, MSNBC will be hiring Liz Cheney as a commentator.

MSNBC is a fake-liberal and fake-progressive network.

They sell themselves as such, to attract viewers,

But they are looking more and more like FOX News, when it comes to on-air personalities.

by Anonymousreply 256May 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Prior to his being accepted into the fold, Rachel always referred to Kristol as "the guy who was wrong about everything". He seems to show up mostly on Ari's show, not certain that the entire network has taken him in yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 20, 2021 8:55 PM

R257 bill Kristol has been on msnbc for years, on almost every show

by Anonymousreply 258May 20, 2021 8:56 PM

^^ my apologies for the lurid close-up.

by Anonymousreply 259May 20, 2021 8:57 PM

Rachel's latest annoying tic is to sigh audibly (when she's frustrated about something).

"Mitch McConnell (heaves sigh) said today he won't (heaves sigh) support a 9/11-style commission on the January 6th insurrection (heaves sigh)."

by Anonymousreply 260May 20, 2021 9:06 PM

R258 Thanks for the clarification. I've only seen him on The Beat, where he and Ari seem to have a chummy relationship. I know he's also something of a regular on Andrea Mitchell and Morning Joe, happily I'm not a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 261May 20, 2021 9:11 PM

Brian Williams has him on. I love when he’s paired with someone extremely left leaning because it makes him uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 262May 20, 2021 9:14 PM

R260 The other faux of feigned frustration tic is to start a sentence, then "eh eh eh", can't find the words, restart the sentence. It's a little hammy.

by Anonymousreply 263May 20, 2021 9:16 PM

I could totally see Liz Cheney landing a contributor contract on MSNBC...

by Anonymousreply 264May 20, 2021 9:20 PM

I don't know how any of you can stand to what Rachel Maddow. I love watching MSNBC, but she is unwatchable: the looooong stories, the interminable pauses, the blinking for effect, the did-I-get-that-right-confirm-for-everyone-how-smart-I-am tic, etc. I understand that she is intelligent and informed, but that doesn't overcome the off-putting aspects.

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2021 9:21 PM

I have this mega-brilliant idea, r265...

by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] MSNBC is a fake-liberal and fake-progressive network. They sell themselves as such, to attract viewers, But they are looking more and more like FOX News, when it comes to on-air personalities.

There was a brief period shortly before and after the 2016 election when MSNBC took a weird right turn. They hired Greta Van Susteren and gave Hugh Hewitt a Sunday morning show. Ann Coulter started showing up as a guest on Hardball with Chris Matthews. It was clear that something was going on at the network. But when that strategy failed to get ratings, they shifted gears to become the "Never Trump" network, leaning heavily on members of the Lincoln Project and other Republicans and former Republicans who hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 267May 20, 2021 10:06 PM

I don't, R266. I tried a couple of times over the years and gave up long ago. I'm just stating that I'm surprised that anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 268May 20, 2021 10:38 PM

Zerlina Maxwell is hosting for Chris Hayes tonight they started the introduction of the show and Zerlina says "I lost EVERYTHING" and then "I lost EVERYTHING" again and then they went to commercial.

by Anonymousreply 269May 21, 2021 12:07 AM

I'm getting fed up with Chris Hayes hobby horsing about going out to coffee with his wife for the first time since the start of the pandemic or how he desperately needs to play basketball with his bros again or how he's jealous of his friend in Thailand who can sing karaoke in a crowded ladyboy bar. Usually Chris is one of my favorites at MSNBC but he has this annoying habit of hyperfocusing on the trivial inconveniences of our current era that affect him personally. Nicolle, on the other hand, always keeps things in the perfect frame and perspective.

by Anonymousreply 270May 21, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote] Zerlina Maxwell is hosting for Chris Hayes tonight

OH MY, I have long been a proponent that Zerlina should have gotten her own show instead of Joy Reid and while I still like Zerlina as a guest, she is not host material because she simply can not read the teleprompter. It was painful to watch and I finally had to switch to Anderson Cooper on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 271May 21, 2021 12:42 AM

R271

Me too!

Watching Daddy Anderson now.

by Anonymousreply 272May 21, 2021 12:44 AM

Although wish I was watching hot closet-case David Muir instead.

by Anonymousreply 273May 21, 2021 12:46 AM

Rachel's on fire!

by Anonymousreply 274May 21, 2021 12:48 AM

But is it 🔥🔥 ?

by Anonymousreply 275May 21, 2021 12:51 AM

Lock Him Up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 21, 2021 12:56 AM

Maddow got a haircut without telling us.

by Anonymousreply 277May 21, 2021 1:04 AM

Yikes, R277.

Does she look uber-butch now?

by Anonymousreply 278May 21, 2021 1:04 AM

NOW?

by Anonymousreply 279May 21, 2021 1:20 AM

Someone needs to tell David Muir, when posing for a photo wearing jeans, you don't hook your thumbs in your front pockets - it's your fingers that go in the pockets, with your thumbs out, prominently pointing down at your crotch.

by Anonymousreply 280May 21, 2021 1:30 AM

LOL, R277. I tuned it late and thought I was the only one who noticed. I thought I might've been mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 281May 21, 2021 1:56 AM

R281 She needs to do a wig reveal when does that. Could've got the cut on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 282May 21, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote] Does she look uber-butch now?

I have a copy of her now famous yearbook photo on my phone. It's amazing how many people still can't identify her when shown the picture.

by Anonymousreply 283May 21, 2021 9:58 AM

Oh Joe, it’s too fucking early for this.

by Anonymousreply 284May 21, 2021 10:25 AM

The more Red Bull (or whatever it is) Chris Hayes consumes, the more high-pitched and "like"-ier he gets. He's as shrill as Cucker Tarlson.

One evening I counted 15 "likes" in 5 minutes. And he was talking a mile a minute.

by Anonymousreply 285May 21, 2021 1:10 PM

R284 - It was a slow windup to that point, but boy was he screaming.

I had to lower the TV, thinking, "It's 6 in the morning! You're gonna wake my neighbors!"

And Mika provided the comic relief at the end of it when she said, "You couldn't have said it better. Thank you for that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 21, 2021 1:18 PM

Bring back David Gura!

by Anonymousreply 287May 21, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote] Bring back David Gura!

Won't happen. He's now reporting for NPR.

by Anonymousreply 288May 21, 2021 2:04 PM

Joe was right on this morning. What the hell happened to Arizona that it has become such a shithole with its State government.

by Anonymousreply 289May 21, 2021 2:15 PM

Take a look at who's filling in for Tur today. Garrett Haake! Hubba hubba. Give that man a show, MSNBC; come in from the cold, Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 290May 21, 2021 2:16 PM

Anderson is way hotter, bigger, more muscular, and stronger than Muir. Chris Hayes is more muscular than both of them.

by Anonymousreply 291May 21, 2021 2:23 PM

I do not see the attraction to Chris Hayes. Arrogant, egotistical, nerd looking blowhard.

by Anonymousreply 292May 21, 2021 2:31 PM

"Wake the town and tell the people."

Good on you, Joe Scarborough. Enough of this. tip-toeing around the issue while Orange It and his Mad Seditionists, led by Moscow, run amok.

Our country - love it or leave it.

by Anonymousreply 293May 21, 2021 2:40 PM

Most of these MSNBC & CNN hosts especially Scarborough act like their audience is all Trump supporters lecturing them how wrong they are, when in fact there are almost zero Trump supporters watching their shows. Know your audience.

by Anonymousreply 294May 21, 2021 3:17 PM

R294: Yes, it is true that Joe's words will likely not reach trumpster ears directly, but they will invigorate his MJ audience and provide them with talking points for dealing with the other side.

by Anonymousreply 295May 21, 2021 3:25 PM

[quote] they will invigorate his MJ audience and provide them with talking points for dealing with the other side.

But the other side won't listen to those talking points. Deplorables won't change their minds because a friend presented them with Morning Joe talking points. If anything, the deplorables will double down, becoming even more stubborn and insistent that they are right.

When is the last time you heard a deplorable say, "You know, I was a big Trump supporter, but that Rachel Maddow ... she raises an excellent point."? Answer: Never.

by Anonymousreply 296May 21, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]Why does Nicolle insist upon having the Son of Blubber, Jason Johnson, on her show so often? Today his prediction is Republicans will impeach Biden in 2023. Claire McCaskill had to control her facial reaction to his nonsense.

Stuart Stevens said the same thing on Brian Williams' show, so there appears to be a lot of people worried about this happening, not just Jason.

by Anonymousreply 297May 22, 2021 11:10 PM

That actually isn't a terribly unlikely prediction. The thing I dislike about Jason Johnson, though, is his pomposity. No matter what the subject is, he has to begin his time on the panel by holding forth on how correct he's been about everything he's ever said. He's a tedious blowhard and I groan any time he's on.

by Anonymousreply 298May 23, 2021 10:17 AM

for chris Hayes fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 24, 2021 3:53 AM

Hayes says that he took a few days off to "prepare to be ... best man" in a friend's wedding -- how much preparation does that take? Recovering from the hangover after the bachelor party? Bridesmaids may have to spend a long time helping the bride get dressed (though not a few days!), but the best man just has to put on a suit and comb his hair.

by Anonymousreply 300May 24, 2021 12:31 PM

^^Apparently, not as much preparation as being a vitriolic, bitter old queen. It could have been a destination wedding, even if it was just out on LI, there are things to go along with getting a family of five dressed and to an event like a wedding. I get that Zerlina may not be everyone's cup of tea, but cut the man a little slack.

by Anonymousreply 301May 24, 2021 1:23 PM

I like Zerlina Maxwell fine, R301 -- in fact, I prefer her to hyper Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 302May 24, 2021 1:30 PM

The "Chris Hayes is a hot muscular hunk" troll is the most inexplicable troll of all trolls sitewide.

by Anonymousreply 303May 24, 2021 2:10 PM

Agreed, R303. I always assume those posts are by Hayes' publicist, or maybe Hayes himself.

by Anonymousreply 304May 24, 2021 2:21 PM

I lasted 3 minutes with Zerlina.

I changed the channel back to AC.

by Anonymousreply 305May 24, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] The more Red Bull (or whatever it is) Chris Hayes consumes, the more high-pitched and "like"-ier he gets. He's as shrill as Cucker Tarlson.

Chris Hayes reminds me of my nephew who takes Adderall.

They both start speaking very fast and almost nonsensically, when they get all hyped up after taking the pill.

by Anonymousreply 306May 24, 2021 7:58 PM

omg Ari's show is going to be great tonight. I saw Michael Cohen, Jessica Weisselberg and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff (Melania's ex bff) will all be guests

I know some here disagree but I love hearing former Trump world members trashing them on tv. All 3 of these guests are cooperating in cases against the Trump family. Remember even Melania could be in trouble for the missing inaugural funds case in DC

by Anonymousreply 307May 24, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote] omg Ari's show is going to be great tonight

Looks like Ari will be ON FIRE tonight!!

Rachel.... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 308May 24, 2021 8:42 PM

Rachel can show clips of Ari's show after she spends 15 minutes explaining what was said.

by Anonymousreply 309May 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Ari may not be on fire but his beautiful skin is aglow!

by Anonymousreply 310May 24, 2021 10:26 PM

Ari's show is usually a dumpster fire of horrible rap references and lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 311May 24, 2021 10:39 PM

Nice to see Ari personally hand off the show to Joy tonight? Is that new? I haven't been watching much in the last couple of weeks.

When will studio guests be required to appear in person? The remotes on Ari's show ruined that 3 guest interview (except for Stephanie who came in loud and clear). The Weisselberg daughter-in-law seemed 3 sheets to the wind by the time it was over.

by Anonymousreply 312May 24, 2021 11:15 PM

I think Ari and Chris prefer to spend the least amount of screen time necessary with Joy; I know I would.

by Anonymousreply 313May 24, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote] Agreed, [R303]. I always assume those posts are by Hayes' publicist, or maybe Hayes himself.

Wonder if his publicist is also responsible for posting workout stuff on his Instagram page. Whatever their aim, they end up being merely traps for harsh and insulting comments.

by Anonymousreply 314May 24, 2021 11:57 PM

Rachel's got a rogue hair sticking out.

by Anonymousreply 315May 25, 2021 1:18 AM

Mika is just insufferable. Period.

by Anonymousreply 316May 25, 2021 2:02 PM

R316 - The whole MJ crew is becoming unwatchable. The only regular I like is Willie. I have been watching CNN w/John Berman and Briana K. - they are a good team and John often says something cleaver/funny unlike the stale MJ bunch. Plus, Briana has had in person guests at the table with her instead of remote feeds that often have issues on MSNBC regardless of the show. If CNN has been having the pre-Covid studio gatherings why not MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 317May 25, 2021 2:12 PM

Willie is a sexist pig who took Trump’s side during the Trump/Rosie feud. He’s a piece of trash

by Anonymousreply 318May 25, 2021 2:17 PM

I just unfollowed Joy on Twitter after she retweeted Elie Mystal: It's been a year since white people were briefly reminded of the terrorism they allow their cops to commit and felt bad about it for a moment before remembering that they don't actually give as shit.

Then a bunch of white people protested and are told they're making "not all white people" remarks and need to own it.

I understand their rage. They're entitled to have it. I respect it. But I really don't want to be around it.

by Anonymousreply 319May 25, 2021 5:42 PM

Someone needs to remind Joy that 93% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. Joy Reid and Elie Mystal and the Reverend Al don't seem to actually give a shit about that.

by Anonymousreply 320May 25, 2021 6:13 PM

Fucking Joy Reid is such a nasty cunt.

Homophobic. Racist. Ugly.

Why is she allowed to continue this reign of terror on MSNBC?

I'm inclined to stop watching this network, in protest of her.

She is completely fucking UNACCEPTABLE!

by Anonymousreply 321May 25, 2021 6:17 PM

I have no problem with Rev Al because I think he understands the mechanics of organizing--you don't beat up people who can be allies. R321, I sincerely doubt that you watch MSNBC at all.

That's not something that Elie, who's led a remarkably privileged life, gets. The extent of his activism is writing articles for the Nation that are read by white progressives.

I don't know if this posture by Joy comes out of her heart or is a career move. I don't think Jonathan Capeheart has the right to absolve her of homophobia.

I hope Joy realizes that she's someone that MAGA can hold up and raise money with.

by Anonymousreply 322May 25, 2021 6:24 PM

For the record, R322.

Jonathan Capehart is one of my favorites on MSNBC.

Craig Melvin, too.

I loathe both Johnsons. Don't know either of them. Don't care. They're both very negative and uninspiring.

Joy Reid is the WORST, though. I will never forgive her for her homophobic slurs, her lies to cover it up, and her non-apology "apology." Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 323May 25, 2021 6:29 PM

R323, my apologies.

by Anonymousreply 324May 25, 2021 6:40 PM

While it's probably justified in some respects, Joy is too much about grievance. Which is the central theme of the other side. May feel good, but we just don't need it.

by Anonymousreply 325May 25, 2021 8:52 PM

Oh my God! Did you see that? Nicolle gave Ari the back of her hand! During tonight’s transition he tried to rope her into discussing the breaking news about the NY Grand Jury. She played along for one comment, but when he tried to turn her into his first guest, she basically said “I’m not getting paid to do your show.”

by Anonymousreply 326May 25, 2021 11:53 PM

Nicolle sounds like a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 327May 25, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]Ari's show is usually a dumpster fire of horrible rap references and lyrics.

I can't watch him. He's terrible at exchanges and when he does that lyric thing, I just cringe. You have on these respected former prosecutors discussing a serious matter and he does that nonsense and there's awkward smiles from these serious people who have no fucking idea what he's talking about.

He is terrible as a host.

by Anonymousreply 328May 26, 2021 12:04 AM

I don't understand the Ari hate at all.

He seems like a very nice guy, doesn't talk smack about anyone, very pleasant, and very competent.

It seems like the only reason you cunts are complaining about him, is because he likes rap.

Which means that YOU are the ones with the problem, not him.

by Anonymousreply 329May 26, 2021 12:10 AM

The rap lyrics are not in any way appropriate for the stories he’s reporting on or the guests he’s interviewing. He thinks it makes him seem hip and woke, but it’s just stupid and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 330May 26, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] He thinks it makes him seem hip and woke, but it’s just stupid and awkward.

No. That's just YOU, projecting.

Do you even know how many white guys are into rap?

Just because you ridiculous, out-dated old queens aren't into it, doesn't mean that there aren't millions of white guys who ARE into rap.

Ari is one of them, and it's authentic. It just seems inauthentic to YOU, because YOU don't like it.

He's a fan, and it's real.

So just shut the fuck up about it, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 331May 26, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote]Do you even know how many white guys are into rap?

I can guarantee that none of them are watching Ari Melber’s 6pm show on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 332May 26, 2021 12:17 AM

R328, I have to agree. I like Ari and think he's cute but I also think he trivializes serious discussions with all of the rap references. I understand trying to inject a little fun into into the proceedings sometimes but it often just makes him seem unqualified to be hosting a show centered around the dissection of very deep and sober legal matters. For that reason, I tend to change the channel a lot when he comes on.

by Anonymousreply 333May 26, 2021 12:17 AM

R331 = Ari Melber

by Anonymousreply 334May 26, 2021 12:20 AM

Look, every single MSNBC host has their little quirks.

Ari gives rap references.

Rachel has her little weird things that she does when giving her ridiculously long introductions.

Chris Hayes is hyper.

Joy makes up her own facts.

And Joe Scarborough has regular meltdowns.

They all have their thing.

So quit picking on Ari. Dumb shits.

by Anonymousreply 335May 26, 2021 12:21 AM

R335 = Ari's mother

by Anonymousreply 336May 26, 2021 12:25 AM

That you're trying to make this about hating Melber is preposterous. Calm down, Francis.

We're allowed to critique. I happen to think he's better as a legal analyst than a host. I think the rap nonsense being crowbarred into serious discussions completely takes the wind out of the discussion, esp., when your guests clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about, nor do most of your viewers.

by Anonymousreply 337May 26, 2021 12:28 AM

r331, you are wrong. The evaluation stands.

by Anonymousreply 338May 26, 2021 12:42 AM

Rachel is really blathering on trying to explain this Trump Grand Jury situation. I'll bet Ari could have distilled it all down with a few dumb rap lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 339May 26, 2021 1:17 AM

Why is the Garland DOJ being just pussies?

by Anonymousreply 340May 26, 2021 1:24 AM

Rachel's show last night (Monday) was awesome.

It was talking about how the world is becoming less Democratic, and leaders are becoming more authoritarian.

Elections results were not acknowledged in Samoa and Belarus, and their leaders would not step down.

There seems to be an uptick in this sort of thing, and it's actually pretty worrisome.

Watch this video if you have time. It's worth it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 26, 2021 1:38 AM

The problem with Ari’s rap lyrics is that he doesn’t include them with ANY finessé. It IS awkward. I have seen other white boys do it better. He should stop altogether.

It should be something like:

“As the Manhattan DA closes in on the Trump family and the Trump organization, they have learned a lesson the late great Notorious B.I.G told: Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems....”

by Anonymousreply 342May 26, 2021 1:40 AM

“As Lil Kim once said: money, power, and respect is what you need in life. It seems at this point Trump is out of power, quickly losing everyone’s respect.....well, at least he still has money.....if he hasn’t already stuffed you.”

by Anonymousreply 343May 26, 2021 1:41 AM

R329, I wouldn't like Melber's palaver any better if he were quoting show tune lyrics or opera. It's a news show with scholars and analysts discussing legal issues and it's jarring for the anchor to suddenly veer off into musical entertainment territory. The problem isn't rap itself, it's Melber's approach to the subject of his show.

by Anonymousreply 344May 26, 2021 2:01 AM

This is a new twist. Rachel waited until the end of her show to announce that she had to throw out all of tonight's planned show due to the breaking news. Usually that's the first thing that spews out of her mouth the minute she gets on the air.

by Anonymousreply 345May 26, 2021 2:02 AM

I think she waited until the end because she said they're going to do today's planned show tomorrow, which I never remember her ever saying before.

However, she didn't hint at what today's show was originally supposed to be about.

by Anonymousreply 346May 26, 2021 2:25 AM

Joy needs to stop fucking interrupting her guests. She also does the Oprah “mmhmm” after every other word a guest says. Poor Miss Booker kept getting cut off by joy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 347May 26, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote]Miss Booker kept getting cut off by joy tonight.

Joy don't wanna listen to what that homo has to say.

by Anonymousreply 348May 26, 2021 2:46 AM

So many questions...

Is Cory Booker still “dating” Rosario Dawson?

Why is Willie Geist nominated for an Emmy? I can’t stand to watch him ever since y’all showed that video of him trashing Rosie O.

Peter Alexander in for Steph today, he’s so handsome to me. 😍😍😍

by Anonymousreply 349May 26, 2021 1:03 PM

Ditto, R349. Lots of love for Peter.

by Anonymousreply 350May 26, 2021 8:14 PM

Is Rachel on fire tonight?

by Anonymousreply 351May 26, 2021 11:55 PM

Trump issues outrageous statement targeting Morning Joe host and his ‘blood-curdling psycho wife’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 27, 2021 12:25 AM

I really couldn't give less of a shit about those two, R352. I can't stand them. It took that orange fuck coming for them before they gave a shit what a low-life he was. They're low-lives themselves.

by Anonymousreply 353May 27, 2021 12:58 AM

No, the reason he was "coming for them" was because they were attacking him, not the other way around. They started going after him as a result of his response to Charlottesville in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 354May 27, 2021 1:09 AM

rachel looks very remote & dykey tonight.

by Anonymousreply 355May 27, 2021 1:14 AM

R354, it shouldn't have taken that for those two assholes to come around. Scum like them normalized him. I hate their guts.

And watching Rachel right now, I'm fucking fed up with the Dems. They are cowards. Schumer and Pelosi need to go. We need leadership prepared to take on god damned Fascists. If you didn't tell me the GOP was currently in the minority, I wouldn't believe they were. Dems just suck. Wimps. This country will be taken over by filth because there is no real Dem leadership willing to fight. Schumer is the substitute teacher that everyone knows is a pushover. I can't stand the sight of him and I sure as hell won't vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 356May 27, 2021 1:35 AM

R356 the Democrats can't be as aggressive as they want with Manchin and Sinema holding up the filibuster. It's those 2 you should be mad at. They're holding up all the legislation we want and need done. They know there's not going to be bipartisanship so they're just being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 357May 27, 2021 1:53 AM

Giraffe neck Rachel is getting worse and worse with her melodrama. Yadda, yadda, yadda "listen to me speak my words of wisdom". Stop preaching to MSNBC audiences since the viewers tend to lean moderate-left and don't necessarily disagree with what the hosts are saying. So stop preaching at us. We get it. Rachel and Chris Hayes are the worst with their pompous attitudes. I don't like him at all but I do watch her when she isn't acting like Joan of Arc. And don't get me started with Joy's racist show. She promotes social unrest from her prejudices just like the Repugs do with theirs. I like Nicolle since there is less melodrama. She gets worked up but it just seems more objective news and criticism.

Sorry, I'm just tired of hyperbole melodrama. Just state the facts and let us, the viewers, form our own opinions.

by Anonymousreply 358May 27, 2021 1:58 AM

I’m sick of Claire McCaskill

by Anonymousreply 359May 27, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote] I’m sick of Claire McCaskill

So were we!

by Anonymousreply 360May 27, 2021 2:17 AM

Yes, you oh so smart Missouri voters, look who you voted for instead of Claire.....Josh Hawley.

by Anonymousreply 361May 27, 2021 2:24 AM

I've had sufficient of Lawrence O'Donnell's nightly "the Republicans are horrible" doom-reporting.

by Anonymousreply 362May 27, 2021 2:44 AM

R360

That’s why we now have Josh Hawley.

by Anonymousreply 363May 27, 2021 8:30 AM

Looks like we won’t have to deal with Claire much longer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Willie Geist is so bland. He is not a strong enough personality to monitor Morning Joe as a solo act. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 365May 27, 2021 1:14 PM

Those of you that hate Rachel, Chris, Joy and Lawrence: why the fuck are you watching them?

by Anonymousreply 366May 27, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote] Those of you that hate Rachel, Chris, Joy and Lawrence: why the fuck are you watching them?

There's nothing else to watch in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 367May 27, 2021 3:04 PM

R366 it really is weird that a large portion of these threads consists of the same posters bitching about the same hosts over and over again with the same complaints over and over again. They must be pre-1960s Democrats who can't handle the expansion of the Democratic base in the last 55 years to include various groups of people.

by Anonymousreply 368May 27, 2021 7:17 PM

Anyone else feel that the shows have been treading water for a while now? Covering the same topics again and again, with very little new material? I understand it’s cheap to produce, but there’s a lot of news out there, and topics that could use some attention. Do we really need another half hour on how shady the Arizona audit is?

by Anonymousreply 369May 27, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] Anyone else feel that the shows have been treading water for a while now? Covering the same topics again and again, with very little new material?

The Biden presidency is a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, it is 1,000,000 times better than having DUMP leading this country.

On the other hand, Biden is no-drama, which means no news.

DUMP was a cash cow for the news networks.

by Anonymousreply 370May 27, 2021 7:31 PM

R369 yes because the Arizona fraudit is spreading to other states. A judge in Fulton County Georgia approved something similar. The goal of the repubs is to conduct fraudits in as many Democratic majority areas of swing states as they can to show "massive voter fraud" and use it as false justification for all their voter restriction laws. Not everyone watches the news all day everyday so it's good to have the story on so often

by Anonymousreply 371May 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Nicolle will miss Claire-and LesDog too!

by Anonymousreply 372May 27, 2021 11:24 PM

Jason Johnson has that cheap IKEA shelving behind him with nothing but some random wine bottle and a couple of those stupid dolls. Just stand in front of a window!!

by Anonymousreply 373May 27, 2021 11:35 PM

Another night off for Rachel. Does that woman ever work?

by Anonymousreply 374May 28, 2021 1:03 AM

No, she never works. Never. I haven't seen her on TV in weeks.

by Anonymousreply 375May 28, 2021 2:09 AM

I guess Rachel's not on fire tonight.

by Anonymousreply 376May 28, 2021 2:17 AM

^^ Her wife might disagree ^^

by Anonymousreply 377May 28, 2021 2:18 AM

Ari is doing this interview with Sharon Stone, and I can't believe how amazing she looks.

by Anonymousreply 378May 28, 2021 10:55 PM

I am an MSNBC addict. However, something must be done about MSNBC on the weekend. In the past year or two, the network has hired Joshua Johnson for a show called "The Week" and Alicia Menendez for "American Voices." These two people to the MSNBC lineup are horrible...boring, uninspired and just dull as dishwater. They are causing me to change the channel, drop off and drop out. Get rid of these two. And throw out Chuck Todd while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 379May 28, 2021 11:24 PM

I LOVE Alicia Menendez.

by Anonymousreply 380May 28, 2021 11:31 PM

Alicia Menedez is SUPER-dull.

by Anonymousreply 381May 28, 2021 11:33 PM

I even think that Yasmin has improved.

by Anonymousreply 382May 28, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] In the past year or two, the network has hired Joshua Johnson for a show called "The Week" and Alicia Menendez for "American Voices." These two people to the MSNBC lineup are horrible...boring, uninspired and just dull as dishwater.

I doubt Joshua Johnson will last very long. He was hosting a daily show for public radio before he left for the glory of television, thinking he would be MSNBC's new "black voice." Now, he's reduced to a few hours on Saturday and Sunday evenings when nobody is watching cable news. Notice that Joshua Johnson never substitutes for any of the other anchors during the week. Jason Johnson actually gets more airtime, even though he's a professor who is only an MSNBC contributor.

by Anonymousreply 383May 28, 2021 11:53 PM

Two hours of Chris Hayes' "All In" tonight. Show 'em what you've got, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 384May 28, 2021 11:58 PM

Ari Melber's show is called "The Beat" shouldn't he have named his show "The Rap" considering his love of quoting Rap lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 385May 29, 2021 12:01 AM

Not even Lawrence O'Donnell asks Joshua to sub for him, and Lawrence is known to give all the up-and-comers an hour in the spotlight.

I suspect "smug" applies to more than Johnson's face.

by Anonymousreply 386May 29, 2021 12:05 AM

Johnson the Mayor Pete basher? I switch channels when I see him.

by Anonymousreply 387May 29, 2021 12:06 AM

^Jason Johnson, that is. The Root.

by Anonymousreply 388May 29, 2021 12:08 AM

MSNBC obviously hired Alicia Menendez because: 1) it allows them to check off the Latino diversity box, even though she's completely white. And 2) her father is a Senator, so they were hoping she'd have some inside political connections and scoop.

by Anonymousreply 389May 29, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote] MSNBC obviously hired Alicia Menendez because: 1) it allows them to check off the Latino diversity box, even though she's completely white. And 2) her father is a Senator, so they were hoping she'd have some inside political connections and scoop.

And?

Mika's dad was a politician who served in the Carter Administration. That's how she got her start in the business.

Let's not pretend that Alicia Menendez is the only one.

by Anonymousreply 390May 29, 2021 2:30 PM

“The Beat” is a rap reference.

by Anonymousreply 391May 29, 2021 3:17 PM

And talking about family R390, there's Luke Russert who's the son of the late Tim Russert.

by Anonymousreply 392May 29, 2021 4:57 PM

Luke’s a double nepotee. His mother is Maureen Orth of Vanity Fair.

by Anonymousreply 393May 29, 2021 5:10 PM

What is Luke Russert doing now? He resigned from NBC in 2016 and his Wikipedia has nothing after that.

by Anonymousreply 394May 29, 2021 5:12 PM

R394: Luke's doing pron now.

by Anonymousreply 395May 29, 2021 5:32 PM

Mika's father was a university professor, political adviser, political scientist and National Security Adviser, which is not the same as running for office. Doesn't explain why she's such a big dummy.

Alicia, for whatever reason, is a better guest than host. I think she's carrying out instructions to be blend and flog the issue of the day.

MSNBC is turning into a big bore and some of that reflects the new management. They're very stingy about funding investigative reporting or allowing reporters to do any reporting that isn't sticking a mike into someone's face. I don't feel well-informed when I watch it apart from Rachel and a few others. I have no idea why they fired David Gura who was great.

by Anonymousreply 396May 29, 2021 9:49 PM

Typo to be bland, not blend.

by Anonymousreply 397May 29, 2021 9:49 PM

To be bland is often to blend.....in.

by Anonymousreply 398May 29, 2021 9:57 PM

So many posters rail against anchors like Rachel, Joy, Ari, Chris, Lawrence.....well, really most of the anchors on MSNBC who display some personality and deliver the news with strong opinions. And yet, when an anchor like Alicia Menendez comes along, who basically just delivers the news, they rail at how bland she is.

Personally, I like them all and appreciate their differences.

by Anonymousreply 399May 29, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote] They're very stingy about funding investigative reporting or allowing reporters to do any reporting that isn't sticking a mike into someone's face. I don't feel well-informed when I watch it apart from Rachel and a few others.

The ONLY ones doing any real reporting on MSNBC are Rachel, Richard Engel, and Kier Simmons.

They are REAL reporters.

The rest are all opinionated fluff.

by Anonymousreply 400May 29, 2021 10:56 PM

Jacob Soboroff and Brandi Zadrosny, too.

by Anonymousreply 401May 30, 2021 12:44 AM

I love repeating her name in a heavy Russian accent...Braaandi Zah-drooooozh-nee

by Anonymousreply 402May 30, 2021 12:46 AM

Oh no! I will miss Claire. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 403May 30, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] I’m sick of Claire McCaskill

Seems others feel the same, Biden is considering her for an ambassadorship in western Europe.

by Anonymousreply 404May 30, 2021 1:36 AM

^^ Please pardon the redundancy. I did do a ctrl F of the full name "Claire McCaskill" before posting what I thought was news.

by Anonymousreply 405May 30, 2021 1:40 AM

Cake diplomacy.

by Anonymousreply 406May 30, 2021 1:52 AM

Joy is complaining on twitter that “friends” is a rip-off of the show “living single.”

With Joy & Jason Johnson its always black vs white.

by Anonymousreply 407May 30, 2021 12:56 PM

Joy tweeted this yesterday: A-They enslave you B-They reluctantly free you & say “pull yourself up by your bootstraps because we owe you nothing” C-Somehow you build a community D-They get mad and burn it down E-They mock your neighborhood’s poverty & blame YOUR character F-They erase A from history books

Joy's parents emigrated from Guyana and the Congo. Mother was a college professor and estranged father was an engineer. She grew up in Flatbush and Denver. She's appropriating an oppression that isn't part of her personal history, I guess it could have been had generations of her family been enslaved here but they weren't.. She typifies the immigrant success story except that many European immigrants came here with no education, money or "generational wealth." This doesn't make the Tulsa massacre less horrific or eliminate the need for reparations for its victims. It just makes her look as if she's profiting off someone's pain and pretending to be someone she's not.

by Anonymousreply 408May 30, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote] It just makes her look as if she's profiting off someone's pain and pretending to be someone she's not.

R408, if your facts are correct, then she doesn't just look that way, she IS that way.

by Anonymousreply 409May 30, 2021 5:31 PM

What the hell is "western Europe"??? Spain? France? Ireland? Portugal? WTF???

by Anonymousreply 410May 30, 2021 5:42 PM

Western Europe obviously has a geographical meaning, but that is not the sense in which it is most often used. Instead, it means those countries seen as most consistently committed to liberal democratic values after WWII (or, in the case of Spain, after Franco).

Before the fall of the Soviet Union there was a clear division. Western Europe was NATO. Today, it is Europe without Russia and it’s satellite states, which include most of the former Soviet Republics (though arguably not the Baltic states).

Countries effectively captured by the former Soviet Union (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria) or closely aligned with it (former Yugoslavian states and Albania) are a kind of borderland, and can swing in and out of alignment with “western” Europe, depending on their current politics.

by Anonymousreply 411May 30, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote] Joy's parents emigrated from Guyana and the Congo. Mother was a college professor and estranged father was an engineer. She grew up in Flatbush and Denver. She's appropriating an oppression that isn't part of her personal history, I guess it could have been had generations of her family been enslaved here but they weren't.

Sing it, sister!!!

Yet another reason I can't stand this phony bitch.

by Anonymousreply 412May 30, 2021 6:38 PM

[quote] What the hell is "western Europe"???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413May 30, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote] What the hell is "western Europe"???

Well, it's Europe.

But only the WESTERN part.

by Anonymousreply 414May 30, 2021 7:08 PM

A--They invade your island. B--They indenture you to their estates. C--They starve you out with diseased dietary mainstay. D--They drive you off your land. E--They force you to emigrate to a hostile continent. F--You are considered worse than a dog there.

by Anonymousreply 415May 30, 2021 7:18 PM

R415., not to encourage thread drift but I think the response is that you gain education, learn to speak standard English, get a good job, disappear into the world of white privilege and your descendants no longer experience discrimination. But that's MSNBC is about--comfortable Black people yelling at comfortable white people and pretending they're personally aggrieved.

Did anyone watch Jonathan this weekend or was he off?

by Anonymousreply 416May 30, 2021 8:20 PM

Jonathan is not aggressive when he talks about black issues, he is smart & articulate.

Joy & Jason are very aggressive-they literally think every white person is a supremicist.

by Anonymousreply 417May 30, 2021 8:42 PM

Religion explains a lot, as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 30, 2021 8:45 PM

I think Jonathan Capehart has a great show but his verbal stumbling is annoying as FUCK. He needs to work on that and he’s be on long enough to do that.

by Anonymousreply 419May 30, 2021 9:41 PM

I think R410 meant to post that reply in the thread about Biden planning to appoint Caroline Kennedy ambassador to Australia and Vickie Kennedy an ambassador to a country in Western Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420May 31, 2021 2:22 AM

Joy!!!

Still at it on twitter—black vs. white.

At this point it is very divisive than unifying.

by Anonymousreply 421May 31, 2021 5:14 AM

We need to start a petition to get Joy fired from MSNBC.

Or at least reprimanded.

This country has been through hell in the past four or five years because of racial hatred and divisiveness.

We don't need any of that shit right now.

by Anonymousreply 422May 31, 2021 5:16 AM

MSNBC should look at her twitter feed-all the proof they need. Look @ Tiffany Cross & Jason Johnson’s too.

Don’t think they would fire her, she’s pretty much safer than any of the anchors on that channel. Unfortunately, we all know she only got that spot because of her race, not because she is a good anchor.

by Anonymousreply 423May 31, 2021 5:29 AM

Damn! The racism is bitchier than usual on this thread tonight.

by Anonymousreply 424May 31, 2021 5:34 AM

Robin Roberts doesn’t act this way compared to Joy-

And Robin gets paid more, definitely more respected & is gay!!!

by Anonymousreply 425May 31, 2021 6:21 AM

Robin is a talk radio jock whose shtick is to stir people up. I have no problem with her talking about race and I understand as well as I can her fury about the holocaust that is Tulsa. I resent her taking advocacy positions when she's not terribly well informed. The nightly outrage show is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 426May 31, 2021 6:46 AM

Not Robin, Joy. Omigod.

by Anonymousreply 427May 31, 2021 6:47 AM

Robin is upper class.

Joy is low class.

Plus when Joy is on the panel w/Rachel & Nicolle, she is usually just kissing their asses and would never dare talk about them being white.

by Anonymousreply 428May 31, 2021 6:54 AM

Would love to see Joy go up against Joey S.

by Anonymousreply 429May 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Maybe Joy will go too far and embarrass Rashida Jones who is president of MSNBC. Crass versus class.

by Anonymousreply 430May 31, 2021 3:58 PM

R431

It’s not just Joy’s words—it’s the angry aggression that makes white allies very uncomfortable with her.

by Anonymousreply 431May 31, 2021 4:08 PM

Joy comes across as very angry and unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 432May 31, 2021 4:21 PM

Congratulations Joy obsessives. You got this thread paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 433May 31, 2021 5:18 PM

Moving on to Thread 25, due to this one being paywalled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Steve Kornacki back at the big board tonight! And looking quite hot I must say.

by Anonymousreply 435June 2, 2021 3:34 AM

The way to deal with Joy is to vote with your clicker. I absolutely don't think she is low class. I understand and respect her rage. But I don't want to hear it every night. I haven't listened to Tiffany in weeks. I don't think it's healthy to ascribe every bad thing that has ever happened to you to racism .

by Anonymousreply 436June 2, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]I haven't listened to Tiffany in weeks.

"And we can't thank you enough!"

by Anonymousreply 437June 2, 2021 8:44 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 438June 4, 2021 1:05 AM

I think Chris Hayes does his show from home on Fridays. Monday-Thursday you can tell he's actually in the studio but on Fridays it looks like he's sitting in front of a screen.

by Anonymousreply 439June 5, 2021 1:05 AM

Chuck Todd needs to come to Fox and chase me around the studio. When he catches me, he can have his way. hehe

by Anonymousreply 440June 6, 2021 12:07 AM

Jake Sherman is annoying little turd who eats his own boogers.

by Anonymousreply 441June 7, 2021 8:37 PM

Jake Sherman reminds me of a mouse battling allergies.

by Anonymousreply 442June 7, 2021 9:03 PM

Jake is a hairy motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 443June 7, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote]The other faux of feigned frustration tic is to start a sentence, then "eh eh eh", can't find the words, restart the sentence. It's a little hammy.

R260, I had a boss who began doing that while reporting to our board. It was so obviously hammy and uncomfortable, I was instructed to tell him to stop. (I was the Adm Asst to the group). It was very uncomfortable for me but he knew he was being a diva with that eh eh eh / um um um bit.

by Anonymousreply 444June 7, 2021 10:38 PM

^^[quote]The other faux of feigned frustration tic is to start a sentence, then "eh eh eh", can't find the words, restart the sentence. It's a little hammy.

That's the quote I was referring to from R260.

by Anonymousreply 445June 7, 2021 10:40 PM

Rachel ripping Merrick Garland a new one tonight and I have to say I agree with everything she's saying. Defending Trump in the E. Jean Carroll case is just inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 446June 9, 2021 1:33 AM

I hope Sally Yates is waiting in the wings, R446. Attorney General Garland's got some splainin' to do when President Biden gets back home.

by Anonymousreply 447June 10, 2021 10:01 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 448June 18, 2021 1:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!