Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

has new york city bounced back? part 2: start spreading the news!

carry on from the original thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 26, 2022 7:04 AM

Everybody sing the state song! Take that " My Old Kentucky Home," " Back Home Again in Indiana." and " Oklahoma!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2021 10:50 PM

From the previous thread...

[quote]Buying and living are 2 different things [R591] with so many properties for sale at lower prices many wealthy people and foreigners are investing though the properties themselves may remain empty and claimed for a tax deduction as unleased rental property. And if vacant office space is at a peak it doesn't sound like NYC will have anything like the job market it's seen pre pandemic.

It's a co-op that doesn't allow pied -a-terres. Co-op boards have much tighter controls over who lives in their building.

And, on office space being at a high...why would anyone take space and pay rent NOW when most businesses aren't calling people back until after labor day?

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2021 11:53 PM

R2 I did not mean to imply that your small corner of NY represented the realty or reality of today's market but rather there are many opportunities for foreign and wealthy investors as NY real estate prices plummeted with widespread seller concessions. It's certainly a buyers market. And many buyers won't be claiming it as their primary residence or even live there and can use the properties they invest in for tax deduction purposes. And the workplace environment is changing as well and a number of companies will have employees continuing to work from home or work on a hybrid schedule and a number of companies will not be returning to NY at all so there will be a considerably smaller demand for office space. And with rising crime, De Blasio's congestion tax becoming a reality and the possibility of even higher taxes . . .

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2021 3:21 AM

R3 between the elimination of the SALT deduction and the millionaires tax...NYC isn't the tax haven you make it out to be. It's partly why I'm getting rid of my place. I used to get a nice chunk back thanks to SALT. But that's no more and since I have other homes it's just not worth it if I'm not going to live there.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2021 3:37 AM

R4 I was responding to something that I posted in Part 1 of this thread. Unoccupied/ unleased rental property can be used for tax deduction. And yes I did note at R3 the possibility or inevitability of rising taxes in NY. And doesn't capping the SALT deduction hurt average to moderate earners most?

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2021 3:54 AM

R5 you're responding to me from the previous thread. And, quite frankly, I have no idea what point you're trying to make because you're all over the place.

You needed to itemize to take the SALT deduction so, no, it didn't hurt average to modest earners.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2021 4:01 AM

Well, I thought I made it clear: real estate prices have plummeted, it's a buyers market and buyers and foreign investors who can afford to wait are buying, office space availability is at an all time high and it's uncertain that businesses will not be returning in full and crime and mismanagement and policy decisions won't make NY's bouncing back any easier.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2021 4:12 AM

Well you're wrong, r7. Prices and sales are both steadily rebounding, especially in Brooklyn. Co-ops are outpacing condos (+167% to +50% source: Douglas Elliman). And these foreign buyers you speak of went away a few years ago due to an oversupply in the luxury market and changes in the tax code in their mother country, specifically China, as well as changes in taxes here. There was a brief resurgence in foreign buyers, specifically from Europe, early on in the pandemic, but that has since dried up. None of that's to say the luxury market isn't doing well, it is, but it remains to be seen if it's demand that held over from last year.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2021 4:41 AM

R8 Wrong? I said real estate prices plummeted (they did), it was a buyers market (it is) and people were taking advantage of that and are investing in NY (they are) foreigners are buying (they still are) unoccupied office space is at it's highest peak in NY since 1994 (it is) the future of the workplace and the demand for office space is uncertain (it is) and skyrocketing crime and De Blasio's policies. . . are roadblocks to NY's bouncing back.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2021 5:03 AM

You sure know all about those foreign buyers, r9. šŸ™„

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2021 5:11 AM

And again, r9, you're all over the place. You talk about NY real estate picking up in one breath and then talk about everything that's holding it back in another. And you're clearly off about the foreign markets.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2021 5:14 AM

Well my partner and I are heading out soon ourselves. The end of this month. Luckily I run a small clothing line and can do that from anywhere. I made this t-shirt for anyone else who kinda feels like me right now after this intense last year - "Dear NYC, It's Not You, It's Me"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2021 5:23 AM

Start Spreading the News!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2021 5:24 AM

[quote]has new york city bounced back?

I don't know. Let's push Chrissy Metz off the Empire State Building and see if she bounces.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2021 5:43 AM

People seem to be a little bit more positive. There was a calm in the air today

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2021 5:45 AM

R11 I'm not all over the place but discussing the various aspects involved in NY bouncing back Real estate aside, the $60 billion dollar a year tourist industry is not back nor is it certain how and when businesses and commuters which will keep restaurants, hotels, parking garages, theaters, MSG, the Beacon, cab and Uber drivers in business.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2021 5:47 AM

"It'll be a great place if they ever finish it" O'Henry

Sounds like it might finally be finished!

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2021 5:58 AM

R15 Pot is legal you can smoke weed in the street now. That should restore calm.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2021 7:28 AM

R10 I may not know all about those foreign buyers but I know a dated, pointless puff piece when I see it. That Crain's report is from July 2020 . Who was buying real estate then? Taking a step back from NY real estate is putting it mildly; it was a complete stoppage. The city was at its emptiest, construction was halted, travel bans were in place, there were no vaccines and Cuomo was seen as the 'COVID Governor'

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2021 4:46 PM

R12 I want one!

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2021 7:25 PM

Hey R20, then go ahead and buy one please on the site. Nothing would make me happier.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Not sure where the real estate market ā€œplummetedā€. Rentals maybe - but real estate prices dipped slightly and are now coming back. Kept my eye out for pandemic deals and there were very few. I wish they had plummeted - I would have bought. But the narrow window opened and shut pretty fast. And there were never fire sale deals.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2021 5:51 PM

If you want to know whether NYC and it's economy is bouncing back, look at the tourism industry vis-a-vis the Times Square Live Cam on YouTube. The times I had to go down there on a weekend at night it could be midnight and the crowd would be shoulder to shoulder.

Take a quick look at the live cam now on a Friday or Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2021 5:59 PM

I haven't checked the Herald Square Hobo camp recently, but the last time I ran through it, it seemed pretty thriving.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2021 6:20 PM

Longtime Hell's kitchen advocate Marisa Redanty described the neighborhood as a 'sewer' and a 'cesspool' as thousands of vagrants the city dumped in the neighborhood over the last year emerge from their homeless hotels. The Four Points Sheraton on West 40th and the now notorious Skyline Hotel on 10th Avenue both have on average four 911 calls per day. Neighbors cite a visibly ugly increase in trouble spilling out of the hotels and onto the sidewalks: theft, drug abuse, public defecation, open-air sex and random violence. Hell's Kitchen residents fear a summer of 'living dea

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2021 6:46 PM

^ 'living dead'

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2021 6:47 PM

I live in Chelsea and I encounter at least one Black Zombie shuffling down the street with their hand out every time I go out. I am indeed black, so I can say this. I live on 24th Street around London Terrace just south of the 25th street projects. I have found myself running home, clutching my pearls, scrambling for my keys, like a 50 yo white woman, after a post dawn trip to the corner bodega. Early on in the quarantine this young kid passed me and said, "you better be careful out here with all of that money..." I didn't have any money on me... Another guy started chasing me and I started running and then he started laughing saying, "look at you run, ya dumbass." It's actually harder being black because a lot of these panhandlers just ASSUME I am going to give them money because I "understand the struggle." They get pretty aggressive when I don't. If there is a white woman walking down the street in front of me, I tend to tuck in behind her because they tend to be a bit more respectful to them.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2021 6:55 PM

R27, thanks for that interesting perspective. I hope things improve.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2021 6:57 PM

The Salon where I get my haircut was located in Chelsea on 25th Street between 6th and 7th Avenue and they moved last August due to hundreds of homeless people had who taken up residence under scaffolding on the north side of the street complete with pup tents, lawn chairs and bicycles and the street was littered with trash. Fortunately with high vacancies the salon was able to relocate in Chelsea. My question: Where did all these people come from seemingly over night?

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2021 7:14 PM

R22 Where were you last year? He who hesitates masturbates!

Bloomberg News reported in December of 2020 that with the pandemic sales of commercial and residential properties were down 49% June through November with some properties being sold at up to 50% less than the original asking price and that the slowdown in real estate cost NYC $1.2 in lost revenue. A 42% decline in city tax revenue compared with the same period in 2019. Hardly open and shut and still with vacancies both residential and commercial at near record highs and unemployment still up and properties going into foreclosure with people still out of work and landlords not getting rental revenues there are still deals to be had. She who hesitates, masturbates,

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2021 9:01 PM

Is R30 Fox News? Blatant lies masquerading as facts to advance an agenda that makes bitter old people feel better. Median sales price was up 3%. A minor dip last year that has been eliminated. Unless you were looking for a rental last year, there were very few deals to be had.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2021 9:21 PM

R22 Where were you June through November last year? According to a Bloomberg News article from December 2020 NYC's plummeting real estate sales cost the city $1.2 in lost revenue with sales of commercial and residential properties down 49% and due to both apartment and office vacancies at an all time high and continued unemployment real estate values plummeted to as much as 50% and now though the market is slowly coming back there are an increasing number of foreclosures as unemployment numbers continue to be high and landlords are stuck with empty apartments. It's still a buyers market.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2021 9:22 PM

R22 R30 You're fishy as fuck. Even Stevie Wonder could see the migration from NY last year that caused a drop in prices and sales of NY real estate as prices in Westchester, Mommouth County NJ and Connecticut increased and people were buying properties sight unseen! Is everyone who doesn't agree with you a bitter old person and every news organization you don't agree with liars? I suspect you don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. You type bitter old queen.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2021 9:39 PM

R31 ^

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2021 9:49 PM

R23 What s there to do in Times Square now? If it's eating at the McDonald's or getting a picture with the Naked Cowboy I pass.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2021 10:05 PM

R24 Herald Square a hobo camp now? Awww fuck that was nice when I was there in 2003.

I used to eat dinner there, cheap eats from street vendors as my hotel had too many roaches so I'd eat it in the square as it was close to the dump I was staying at

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2021 10:41 PM

New York might be the last American tourist city to bounce back economically. Tourists will not go very soon.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2021 10:58 PM

With NYPD officers rushing to retire amid anti-cop climate and with the proliferation of crime and homeless people and Broadway shuttered it's not happening this summer. And with today's news that four people were wounded in three separate shootings across NY last night and an Asian man who was brutally stomped yesterday has been placed in a medically induced coma, violence is a norm and the city has yet to address it . Why visit NY?

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2021 2:11 AM

R27 If you think it's hard being black in NYC, consider what it must be like to be Asian who have been the target of daily assaults.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2021 3:55 AM

R39 racist blacks make it hard on Asians and I can say that because Iā€™m a black man.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2021 5:02 PM

R40 Any sentient person can say that. It doesn't require being black.

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2021 6:17 AM

[quote]I live in Chelsea and I encounter at least one Black Zombie shuffling down the street with their hand out every time I go out. I am indeed black, so I can say this. I live on 24th Street around London Terrace just south of the 25th street projects.

I used to walk over to 8th Ave and up to and east on 23rd for exercise ā€”Ā I had to stop last fall because there were aggressive types hanging around harassing people.

Two people I know who live in London Terrace were mugged in the last year, just after stepping out of their front doors onto 23rd.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2021 6:27 AM

A rash of 14 shooting incidents over the weekend with 15 victims!

Take it from us New York, You in danger girl!

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2021 7:05 PM

New York had the largest 2019-20 population decline of any state. I don't think that trend will be reversing anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 44April 27, 2021 12:12 AM

It was too crowded.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2021 12:14 AM

R44 Same here! Now I'm breathing where the air is nice and clean, and I'm surrounded by nature. Never going back to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2021 12:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2021 12:27 AM

NEW YORK IS LOSING one congressional seat under new Census data and losing its mind. Not only dis it see the bloodiest week of 2021 in surge of shootings, but random, unprovoked attacks on citizens are a daily event. It's never been worse and I lived in the Metro area my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2021 4:28 AM

[quote]If you want to know whether NYC and it's economy is bouncing back, look at the tourism industry vis-a-vis the Times Square Live Cam on YouTube.

It's picking up from six months ago, but now a couple of dozen of people is a big crowd.

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2021 4:49 AM

R45 And now it's packed with homeless and people off their meds.

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2021 5:48 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens on Fourth of July after the city reopens 100%. I think the whole city is going to be shit faced drunk.

by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2021 3:33 PM

We need to collect the homeless and put them in a facility. Somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2021 3:38 PM

R27: Try saying "Man, I was about to ask you!" with a chuckle when you encounter a panhandler.

by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2021 3:56 PM

NYC is an elitist hellhole, it serves no real purpose anymore. It used to breed great artists and great thinkers. Now it's just a shopping mall for the very rich and posers who wish they were rich.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2021 4:35 PM

NYC will fully reopen 1 July 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2021 4:43 PM

"[R27]: Try saying "Man, I was about to ask you!" with a chuckle when you encounter a panhandler."

I was approached by a panhandler in Oakland. I told him I really didn't have any money and he, menacingly said," Yes you do. I know you do." I replied," Have I ever lied to you before?" He smiled and said, " That's a good one," and walked on by.

by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2021 5:00 PM

Instead of fully opening, maybe NY should think about closing: In the last 48 hours:

A 22-year old was shot following a dispute in Morningside Heights, a 29 and 29-year old man were shot in South Ozone Park, couple aboard a #4 train was attacked by a knife wielding man, a cyclist hit an MTA worker in the head with a U-Lock when asked to move his bike away from the doors, 1 person was killed and several injured after a vehicle crashes into a restaurant's outdoor space, 2 people were shot while dining at Peter Luger's steak house, 3 teens in custody after a 6-year old child was shot in Queens, a 17-year old took a bullet in the stomach in front of a Brooklyn charter school for troubled teens, a man was stabbed and his wife was pushed down stairs near a Bronx subway station, an Asian man needed 9 stiches after being attacked in a hate crime, a homeless woman who pitched a tent on the UWS is charged in a teen's death, a teen arrested in Brooklyn shooting that injured 5-year old girl, 2 men injured after a gunman fires into double-parked car in Brooklyn. a man was punched at Penn Station by a man making anti-gay slurs,

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2021 4:57 AM

Broadway is coming back in September! Deal with it bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2021 11:45 AM

Asian tourism must be down, more than any other demographic.

by Anonymousreply 59April 30, 2021 1:53 PM

As long as NYC is perceived to be unsafe for Asians, you are going to lose big bucks. From 2020 before the attacks:

The manager of a hotel near Newark Liberty International Airport that relies on tourists from China estimated the loss from the coronavirus outbreak at ā€œwell over $100,000 and climbing.ā€

A company that arranges Chinese-language bus tours of the sights in Manhattan is dealing with as many as 300 cancellations from Chinese tourists who cannot come to New York this week.

In New York City, Chinese tourists represent the second-largest group of foreign travelers. (Visitors from Britain are No. 1.)

Nationwide, China was the third-largest source of overseas visitors to the United States in 2018, according to the U.S. Travel Association. Among cities, New York was the top destination, followed by Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 60April 30, 2021 7:46 PM

"This is New York" Shooting victim at Peter Luger's steak house said 'You go out to dinner and this is what happens' Who wants to visit NY now?

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2021 5:48 AM

Don't walk this way!

58% more NYC pedestrians killed so far in 2021

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2021 6:30 PM

Walkin' here!

Staten Island, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Manhattan were in the top ten of most dangerous places for pedestrians in the US

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2021 4:33 AM

I know you bitter shopbottoms had to leave NYC for dilapidated Joisey but enough with the doom and gloomā€¦

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2021 4:42 AM

Due to demand, there will be a second company of "Hamilton" opening on Broadway starring Idina Menzel. Instead of Alexander, she'll be playing Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2021 5:45 AM

R64 Yeah, like all those people who left starting in 2017 and now NY is losing 1 congressional seat due to population decline. It had the largest migration away from than any US city in 2019. Change 'had to' to wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2021 4:58 PM

New York state actually gained population by about 4%, not a net decrease. It is losing that congressional seat because other states grew by larger numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Washington ā€“ New York state will lose one seat in Congress after falling a remarkable 89 people short of having a population large enough to keep all 27 of its House seats, the U.S. Census Bureau said today.

Minnesota edged out New York for the 435th and final seat to be awarded in the U.S. House of Representatives based on the 2020 Census, the officials said.

New York managed to avoid taking a bigger hit after the census count showed the stateā€™s overall population grew by about 4.2% from 19.37 million in 2010 to 20.2 million last year. Overall, the stateā€™s population increased by 823,147 during the decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2021 6:02 PM

Despite the panic caused by covid-19 NYS did a remarkable job in pulling census off. This shows in fact that if only 89 more persons were counted NY would have held onto that seat in House.

Other issue is what everyone knows, many New Yorkers period don't complete the census. Then you have the huge population of illegal aliens who won't for assorted reasons. Added to list for latter was DT being POTUS at the time and his anti illegal immigration actions and views.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2021 6:05 PM

R69 3,000 a year since 2016/17 have left it's been falling continually. 89 is probably the number of people killed in the city since the beginning of this year.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2021 6:37 PM

R68 Does that include the homeless put up in the hotels in Hell's Kitchen, the UWS and Queens?

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2021 4:57 AM

Having a wild weekend in NY.! Weekend update.

Eight people shot overnight in Manhattan and Brooklyn

Asian woman attacked with hammer in Times Square

Woman, 62, fatally struck by Jeep on Staten Island

Suspect beats, stomps man in caught-on camera Brooklyn attack

5-year old boy critically injured in Brooklyn crash

Grisly video shows random attack on elderly man in the Bronx

Man sucker-punched and robbed of watch in Greenwich Village

NYC couple celebrates anniversary with a bang during shooting at Peter Luger's steakhouse

Unhinged motorist intentionally mows down school bus driver in Brooklyn

Cops search for known attacker who raped 29-year old woman in Central Park

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2021 4:51 PM

24 hour subway service returns 17 May 2021

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2021 7:26 PM

look forward to round the clock subway assaults

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2021 7:31 PM

Gov. Cuomo said, however, that he still wants the subways shut down two hours a day for cleaning and disinfecting, stressing that surface transmittal of covid still remains a concern.

Might be wise to resume wearing gloves if and when 24 hour ridership returns.

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2021 7:41 PM

I spent last weekend walking all around the city and it definitely feels different these days, almost back to normal. Even the subway was full and it used to be so empty during the past months.

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2021 7:45 PM

I'm fully vaccinated so I'm planning on going somewhere this summer. NYC isn't even on my list. Too dangerous. Too expensive. Mayor and Governor who are both fucking nuts. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2021 7:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2021 7:54 PM

[QUOTE] I had to stop last fall because there were aggressive types hanging around harassing people.

yeah, I get my haircut at a barbershop on 23rd/7th and I really hate getting out of the E train on 8th avenue and walking over. The corner of 23rd street is a cesspool, zombies hanging around the pizza joint and camped out against the buildings. I guess one way of getting rid of them might be to raise the prices of the pizza, and also make the bodega near there stop selling blunts, bath salts, and loosies.

by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2021 8:00 PM

In a news conference on Monday Cuomo said many New Yorkers are afraid to ride the subway and that he wouldn't tell his own child to ride the rails. Who's on the subway after midnight? it would seem to attract homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2021 8:01 PM

R52 How about 3 Mile Island?

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2021 8:07 PM

There were a ton of people riding the subway this past Saturday r80. Of course this was during the afternoon and early evening.

There is still a curfew in effect with bars and restaurants so I imagine the late night subway is fairly sketch.

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2021 8:10 PM

R82 A ton of people? Was that Chrissy Metz and Len Dunham?

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2021 8:17 PM

NYC will be on par with New Delhi by mid-August.

Deja vu all over again.

by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2021 8:27 PM

R79 HOLY FUCKING FUCK! I get my haircut near 23rd and 5th!!! Maybe we've walked by each other on the sidewalk and didn't even know it! Maybe we've exchanged curious glances! Maybe we've secretly lusted after each other not knowing each other's intentions!

by Anonymousreply 85May 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Why do you say that R84?

by Anonymousreply 86May 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Not r84 Because opening up when there's multiple variants in a densely populated city and allowing people in indoor spaces at maximum capacity who are not distancing or wearing masks still seems risky even if starting tomorrow flights from India are being restricted though the Biden administration hasn't divulged specifics. In some one both COVID and the vaccines are still in their infancy. Now that warm weather is approaching restaurants will have more opportunity to provide outdoor dining.

by Anonymousreply 87May 3, 2021 9:13 PM

^ 'in some ways'

by Anonymousreply 88May 3, 2021 9:14 PM

I say that in light of the onslaught of unmasked, unvaccinated tourists headed here from all over the country and around the world, R86.

I am more afraid of these clueless (and not-so) interlopers and their children than I am of petty street wannabe thugs, "bunny-sized" rats and previously unheard of gangs listed above.

by Anonymousreply 89May 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Iā€™m not afraid of anything except suburban transplants!

by Anonymousreply 90May 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Are tourists arriving in NY going to be told whether the hotel they are staying at is or was used to house the homeless like The Skyline in Hell's Kitchen where I use to swim at the rooftop pool and the Lucerne on the UWS to name 2 I know of. Besides 'bunny sized' rats what about bed bugs, scabies and typhus Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 91May 3, 2021 10:19 PM

R91 The Lucerne got a lot of bad press but at least there's a La Quinta nearby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 3, 2021 10:27 PM

Don't worry; you won't be getting many tourists for a long time, especially if your current mayor and his successor continue to let the criminals have unbridled freedom in the city.

by Anonymousreply 93May 3, 2021 11:01 PM

It's raining now, but even on the nicer days you're not going to see a lot of tourists in Times Square. People yes, but they're definitely not tourists.... I saw a fight break out the other night over nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 3, 2021 11:12 PM

After COVID people are seeking beach vacations and aren't likely to flock to a hot city where Broadway is still shuttered. New Yorkers will be going to the Hamptons, Fire Island and the Jersey Shore.

by Anonymousreply 95May 3, 2021 11:41 PM

We need a Republican mayor. Nyc has way too many social services. These attract the losers of the country (and the world). There is no reason this burden should rest on the shoulders of New York. All social services should be implemented by the federal government and come from federal tax dollars.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2021 1:02 AM

We never need a Republican anything.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2021 1:07 AM

R97. The Democrats are turning my beautiful city into a cesspool. Do you have a better idea?

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2021 1:10 AM

A police department that actually does the work they should be doing, for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2021 1:20 AM

That really sucks to hear about Chelsea :(

Central Park feels normal at this point. Union square, soho, west village, upper east and upper west sides also feel normal. Williamsburg feels fine.

Midtown is definitely dicey. A lot more panhandlers. Aggressive too.

Iā€™ve noticed young people have started visiting again in terms of tourism.

I got a really good covid deal on an apartment rental so I canā€™t complain. Still love living here.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2021 1:27 AM

R97 Tell that to Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Milwaukee, Michigan and NYC.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2021 1:37 AM

Maybe Ghouliani could run again.

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2021 2:59 AM

100% capacity in 2 weeks when we are only at 30% vaxxed? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2021 3:11 AM

If there is a summer wave of infections in NYC what happens? Back to lockdowns and business closures?

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2021 3:49 AM

R104 unfortunately yes. If the numbers go back up so do the restrictions. There would be no other choice sadly. I know weā€™re all so afraid to be optimistic now because of the mindfuck thatā€™s been the last one year plus, but I honestly donā€™t think thatā€™s gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2021 3:54 AM

R104

Highly doubt it... New York both state and local governments (in particular NYC) lucked out Biden won and Charles Schumer is head of senate. Latter in particular used his position as senate majority leader to ensure hundreds of billion in federal aid flowed to New York and directly to NYC. In short rather than facing fiscal calamity from covid-19 both state and city government no only were made whole, but have buckets of cash to spare. That may not happen again if NY in whole or part (including just NYC alone) shuts down.

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2021 3:58 AM

R99 Actually that would start with the Mayor. The MTA and the PBA have asked Lurch for more police for the subway. Any other ideas?

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2021 4:06 AM

How will NYC be if Maya Wiley is the next mayor? People shitting on the sidewalks will be given blue ribbons and gift cards. People of color getting reparations and told they can do no wrong I fear.

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2021 11:57 AM

The state of vaccinations in America versus the state of vaccinations in India cannot be compared r84. Apples and oranges.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2021 12:43 PM

R78- DeBlasio's wife is behind all of that.

The NYT has published one negative story after another about Yang because the NYT has decided that the next mayor of NYC must be black.

Wiley or the ANGRY BLACK MAN will just be DeBlasio 2.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2021 1:23 PM

Looking at the Times Square view camera at R94 Monday noon. Compared to how wall-wall crowded it used to be it looks something out of the Will Smith film I Am Legend. And looking at the prices of the La Quinta Inn at R92 feels like a return to the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2021 4:48 PM

Chirlane McCray GRIFTER DELUXE

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2021 4:51 PM

Did Maya munch Chirlane for the concession?

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2021 4:52 PM

A lot of people I know are being ordered back to work this summer. I suspect that might make a difference when commuters start using the subway and going into midtown again? Right now there is no reason to be in Times Square. Of course it's emptier. This will shift. Or New Yorkers will just avoid Times Square. I already do.

I was in Bryant Park last week meeting a friend for coffee and the park was crowded but there were aggressive panhandlers, which was not good. They were approaching tables. Friend and I left. But I was surprised how crowded the park was on a weekday afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2021 11:10 PM

Yeah every local avoids Time Square. You will only see it full when you get flyover and international tourists coming again.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2021 11:12 PM

I was in midtown today; sad how many empty stores run the length of Madison Ave. never saw anything close to this. The restaurants seems to be doing okay but retail is dead. Block after block of empty stores for rent.

Also took the subway to and from Bklyn; it was fine. Not too crowded and no homeless that I could see. There were 3 cops stationed at the Bryant park subway stop.

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2021 11:18 PM

Everyone saying that the cops should do their job:

You do realize that the mayorā€™s office makes it pointless to arrest people since theyā€™re just going to be released. We really need a government that is tough on crime. Itā€™s just bullshit pandering to leave criminals on the street.

Gritty is one thing- nasty, dirty, high homeless bastard a are another... same for hoodlems.

We have to attract people who can pay taxes and encourage everyone else to find handouts elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2021 11:37 PM

what do you say about folks like Joy Reid who, despite being vaccinated, are encouraging people to stay masked? The infection disease chief at my hospital (a prestigious one in Manhattan) says that fully vaccinated people are unlikely to be asymptomatic ā€˜carriersā€™ of Covid. So whatā€™s she going on about? Wouldnā€™t she rather encourage her Brethren of Color to get vaccinated? They have EVERY opportunity in NYC, our public health system makes it easy for disadvantaged people to find care. NYC Health & Hospitals have facilities all over the 5 boroughs, literally always within walking distance of the major housing projects, by design. Staffed by Folks of Color.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2021 12:33 PM

Things will not turn around until a new mayor is elected. It is important to know which candidates are DeBlasio clones. Maya Wiley comes to mind and she scares me.

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2021 12:43 PM

"Yeah every local avoids Time Square. You will only see it full when you get flyover and international tourists coming again."

Which won't be soon.

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2021 12:59 PM

Another black attacking an Asian in NYC. Our feckless and useless Mayor DeBlasio refuses to condemn these acts of violence and tells everyone on MSNBC that NYC is safer than ever. If this person lives off the generosity of working taxpayers, then threaten to cut off all govt support to criminals you might have a better crime stats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2021 8:52 PM

April 2021 was best month for new condo sales in NYC for over five years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2021 7:48 PM

R122 article is for subscribers, but does it state who the buyers are? Is it foreign investors who will just buy condos in blocks leaving them empty to sell later or actual professionals moving into the city who will contribute to the local economy?

There's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2021 7:53 PM

For those who haven't yet signed contracts the covid-19 discount is over. Well at least according to this local UWS NYC RE broker...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2021 7:55 PM

R123

Linked article isn't behind paywall or requires subscription for me, was easily clicked from my daily local Google newsfeed.

If you cannot open article search Google News or any other site using keywords "New York City condo contracts" or similar.

Or just try this.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2021 7:58 PM

Again there's plenty out there if you know how to look..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2021 7:59 PM

Am also going to say clear out nearly 90% of the awful things many (including local state or city politicians) predicted about New York at start of covid-19 mess largely have *NOT* happened.

Wealthy have not fled city in droves, in fact opposite seems to be true.

Neither NYS nor NYC economy has hit the skids. Again in fact both had record setting revenue for 2020 thanks in large part to financial and real estate sector earnings which are heavily taxed, fees and surcharged.

Did people move out of Manhattan? Yes, but in many cases they just moved across river to Brooklyn where they found more space for less money.

by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2021 8:05 PM

Furthermore vis-a-vis NYC real estate the same thing happens after nearly every seismic economic event. People predict total collapse of RE as many (but not all) flee for perceived safety of suburbs. Those who buck that trend and move into city land deals and often do rather well. Meanwhile those who fled and want to return in several years find they are priced out.

This happened after in 1980's, 1990's, after 9/11/01, etc... and still today. Anyone hoping that prices rents or condo/house prices would drop further in city due to covid-19 and sat on sidelines may end up sorely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2021 8:09 PM

$4 billion in emergency transit relief for the MTA $42.7 milion for John F. Kennedy airport and $22 million for LaGuardia airport $810 million in vaccine, testing and tracing funding for New York City ($135 million for vaccine distribution and $675 million for testing, tracing, isolation support and mitigation) $251 million in emergency rental assistance for New York City in addition to the extension of the federal eviction moratorium until Jan. 31, 2021 More than $20 billion from Small Business Administrationā€™s Paycheck Protection Program for the state, with New York getting the lionā€™s share of the $15 billion allocated nationally for the Save Our Stages program benefiting Broadway and other entertainment venues

Those estimates show that New York City would be allocated a total of roughly $5.6 billion in aid.

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2021 8:33 PM

$5.6 billi9on in Covid relief funds. The rest is additional.

by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2021 8:34 PM

NYCā€™s population is a little bigger than Peoria.

by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2021 9:02 PM

NYC=criminals have more rights than the working taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 132May 8, 2021 12:16 AM

Pretty apparent that NYC still has a way to go. Step one, elect a new mayor that believes the citizens who do not commit crimes have civil rights. The criminal justice system has been dismantled thanks to DeBlasio and the woke ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 8, 2021 12:02 PM

I think NYC still has a problem with crime since DeBlasio ended stop/frisk and cash bail requirements. The criminals arm themselves and engage in attacking and mugging people with impunity. Thanks to the far left party in NYC safety of the common man is no longer a concern....just keep working and pay your taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 8, 2021 9:10 PM

The man pictured above is leaving his Mensa meeting and is not involved in anything criminal.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2021 7:52 PM

Seems like NYC is still a dangerous mess because of DeBlasio ending stop and frisk and allowing the criminals to have more and more free time to roam the streets to destroy civility. What a mess it will be up and until he is out of office. It will be interesting who the NYPD endorse for mayor this cycle because it will be important to elect someone who truly is not going to defund the police and coddle the criminals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2021 2:14 PM

People should just move to Jersey, because the people are so much friendlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2021 6:06 PM

R136- That's one of the reasons I hate the subway.

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2021 6:28 PM

If you live in NYC you need the subway sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2021 6:37 PM

On a beautiful warm sunny afternoon this week I was in the Village and was surprised to see so many restaurants on 7th Avenue with outdoor seating virtually, and in many cases completely, empty.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2021 2:49 AM

Bouncing back to the 70s and 80s. Along with the proliferation of homeless people, citizens going about their business are being shot by stray bullets, slashed on subways or subway platforms, punched or hammered in random, unprovoked attacks daily as well as killed in hit-and-run accidents we can add anti-Semitic attacks to the already out of control anti-Asian attacks that have occurred regularly since February! As if COVID wasn't enough of a problem!

by Anonymousreply 141May 23, 2021 4:08 AM

It's DeBlasio stupid. Only can the city begin to improve with him gone.

by Anonymousreply 142May 23, 2021 11:53 AM

The new normal in NY.

29 people shot this weekend across NY. Subway mayhem continues with another incident involving a hammer in one of two separate incidents in subway mayhem and a Queens man was stabbed 7 times after a parking-spot dispute!

by Anonymousreply 143May 24, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote]I made this t-shirt for anyone else who kinda feels like me right now after this intense last year - "Dear NYC, It's Not You, It's Me"

You know what? You're right. It is you.

by Anonymousreply 144May 24, 2021 3:28 AM

R144 Thank you Mayor for those encouraging words especially after a weekend that saw 29 people shot.

by Anonymousreply 145May 24, 2021 4:46 AM

FNY, itā€™s a good thing you ARE a former NYer so you donā€™t to suffer through how horrible it is. Yet you still want to revel in it.

by Anonymousreply 146May 25, 2021 11:02 PM

R146 I am glad I no longer live in New York. You got that right! But who's reveling in it except for criminals as violence is surging and arrests are plunging?

by Anonymousreply 147May 26, 2021 1:17 AM

It's De Blasio time! Squeegee men and car jackings are back as drop in weekly arrests outpaces increase in NYC crime. Mayoral candidate Eric Adams decried the Memorial Day weekend violence which saw more subway slashings, drug fueled mayhem in Washington Square Park, a man stabbed to death in Coleman Park on the LES, another Asian woman knocked out in an unprovoked attack and gunfire in all 5 boroughs that left 1 dead and 15 wounded. Meanwhile Lurch is promising the July 4 fireworks show will be a blast! Does he not remember that last summer fireworks complaints in NYC soared 4,000 per cent? And what if fireworks are mistaken for gun shots and vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 148June 1, 2021 7:56 PM

I'm visiting in 2 weeks, very excited got my hotel for a steal and scored some great restaurant reservations. No subway for me, I'm staying below 23rd and walking/LYFT'ing.

by Anonymousreply 149June 1, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]and gunfire in all 5 boroughs that left 1 dead and 15 wounded.

R148 You're a bunch of amateurs!

"At least 3 dead, 34 wounded in Chicagoā€™s Memorial Day weekend violence"

by Anonymousreply 150June 1, 2021 8:01 PM

R149 Share details. What hotel and restaurants?

by Anonymousreply 151June 1, 2021 9:16 PM

Anyone watching the NY Mayoral debate? NY, you in trouble girl!

by Anonymousreply 152June 2, 2021 11:43 PM

Debate is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 153June 2, 2021 11:45 PM

NY is a mess. A 10-year old boy was shot to death when a gunman shot up his home apparently over a parking dispute and and man was found on the steps of his home in Murray Hill after a fight with a Uber driver who smashed his head into the pavement and he is not expected to survive. A NYC bus driver was attacked after asking a passenger to turn down music and a panhandler harassed an Asian woman and her daughter in Midtown. 22 people were arrested as police in riot gear enforce the Washington Square Park curfew and in another surge of gunplay 2 people were killed and 18 injured. It's looking to be a wild summer!

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2021 9:51 PM

New Yuck! Teen pepper sprayed by stranger in random attack in Chelsea. Tourist from Texas punched in face in Times Square and a 52-year old man was stabbed in Central Park. 27 year old woman fights off attacker in an attempted rape in Midtown in broad daylight. 2 injured after hit-and-run driver crashes into pedicab in Midtown. A 29-year old was shot in the head, killed in Kips Bay. A12-year old girl and a 25-year old man were shot when a man opened fire in the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2021 4:59 PM

Try harder NY!

This past weekend in Chicago: 58 shot (including an 11 yr old girl). 5 killed.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2021 5:11 PM

They're trying as fast as they can and by any means necessary: pepper spray, canes, knives, razors, shoving, punching, hit-and-runs . . .Chicago has been at it longer and has had more practice. Early Monday the weekend ante went up: Man killed in Brooklyn and 3 others shot early Monday.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2021 5:31 PM

r157

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2021 7:09 PM

R156 Three killed, two wounded across NY Monday and early Tuesday as De Blobio warned of a bloody summer ahead. Take that Chicago!

by Anonymousreply 159June 8, 2021 4:39 PM

Good start to what promises to be another wild weekend in the Big Apple. Two men were killed and another hurt in early Friday shootings. The police are looking for 3 suspects in yet another subway slashing and a man was shot in Harlem by a gunman riding a CitiBike. Two more unprovoked attack on Asians in Manhattan and police are looking for a man who threatened to kill a Jewish man in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 160June 11, 2021 6:50 PM

New York is rivaling Chicago as one person is dead and 19 wounded as NYC gun violence skyrockets over the weekend while violence and chaos overruns Washington Scare Park.

by Anonymousreply 161June 13, 2021 6:29 PM

From my first visit in over a year, Midtown still felt empty and there were a lot of vacant stores. Grand Central was uncrowded. But the Upper East Side looked perfectly normal. People are still wearing masks indoors when requested, but past that I wouldn't have been able to tell that anything unusual had recently occurred.

The High Line was also packed, although the art galleries seemed emptier than usual.

I went to a roof-deck cocktail party and there were about 70 guests present.

by Anonymousreply 162June 13, 2021 6:37 PM

Oh, and I didn't get stabbed or shot or anything.

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 163June 13, 2021 6:41 PM

R163 Lucky you!

by Anonymousreply 164June 13, 2021 7:57 PM

Have fun hiding under the bed, FNY.

Might want to take a bedpan with you.

by Anonymousreply 165June 13, 2021 8:05 PM

R165 No extreme measures needed. Like so many I just avoid NY. Doing fine thank you. NY is becoming a flyover state. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 166June 13, 2021 8:21 PM

PS R165 Bargain real estate prices in the Washington Scare Park neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2021 8:23 PM

Yeah, not really.

by Anonymousreply 168June 13, 2021 8:44 PM

One home owner around the the park suggested that BLM should buy her home.

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2021 8:46 PM

Is your cunt wet, FNY?

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2021 8:52 PM

R170 Your rooftop cocktail party with 70 in attendance sounds fabulist! Glad no one fell off the roof or fire escape.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2021 9:16 PM

Not invited out much. are you, FNY?

Hide a little further under that bed, and be sure to use your index finger for the really gory crime reports.

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2021 10:10 PM

And the weekend isn't quite over yet!

At least two men were killed and 19 people wounded in shootings in the Big Apple this weekend, as gun violence continues to skyrocket with no end in sight, police said."

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2021 10:30 PM

R173 Maybe that end in sight will be the next Mayor, but until then . . .

by Anonymousreply 174June 14, 2021 1:27 AM

R170 And you type dried up unfucked frustrated frau. No one's hiding under beds or using their index fingers to plug up their ears except possibly Lurch De Blasio. Stick to planning you post vaccine dinner parties.

by Anonymousreply 175June 14, 2021 1:43 AM

I will, thanks.

Keep that bedpan handy.

by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2021 1:47 AM

R173- As usual the NYT barely mentions this.

by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2021 1:52 AM

R177 I'm guessing from a number of responses on this thread that many posters only read the NY Times.

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2021 2:07 AM

R176 Why should I keep the bed pan handy? Your mother isn't here!

by Anonymousreply 179June 14, 2021 2:27 AM

Today's NY Times actually had an article 'As Virus Wanes, American Mayors Confront a New Challenge: Crime' Acknowledging that rising violent crime has kept both residents and tourists at home..

by Anonymousreply 180June 14, 2021 1:17 PM

Young NYC homeless people between the ages of 24-40 to get $1,250 no-strings attached cash each month with no limits on how they spend it. Won't this attract more homeless to NYC?

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2021 12:08 AM

NY is getting Progressively worse Pride weekend edition

One dead and three injured after shooting at NY Walmart

Teen siblings among four hurt in separate across NYC Saturday night

Three wounded in two separate NYC shootings Friday night

Police presence to ramp up in Times Square after another shooting in involving a tourist and a stray bullet

Person slashed at McCaffrey Playground in Hell's Kitchen Saturday Afternoon

A man shot and robbed of watch in Upper Manhattan

Continued chaos in Washington Square Park as crowd turns violent

A man was shot after another jewel robbery in Inwood

by Anonymousreply 182June 28, 2021 5:52 PM

The muggers are attacking their victims and making their getaway in a Mercedes-Benz. Certainly that has to be a sign of the city's economic recovery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 28, 2021 6:05 PM

Well, Broadway is open! Isn't that all a gay boy needs?

by Anonymousreply 184June 28, 2021 6:44 PM

ā€œUpper manhattanā€ my ass.

by Anonymousreply 185June 28, 2021 6:53 PM

R184Not if it's jukebox musical like jagged little pill (Alanis Morrissette}, Ain't to Proud to Beg, Tina, MJ The Musical or film to stage adaptations like Mrs. Doubtfire, Pretty Woman, Tootsie, Mean Girls, Beetlejuice or tired tourist fodder like Phantom, The Lion King or Diana: The Musical!

by Anonymousreply 186June 28, 2021 6:55 PM

R185 Is not like it was In the Heights!

by Anonymousreply 187June 28, 2021 6:58 PM

R184 Not this gay boy!

by Anonymousreply 188June 28, 2021 6:59 PM

This thread is so ridiculous. Somebody rattling off every single incident of violence in a city of over eight million people -- not counting the tourists! -- as if that makes the NY Post's racist fear-mongering headlines of CRIME WAVE!!!!!! somehow the truth. Oh a Texan tourist got punched in Times Square, did they? What a nightmare! For fuck's sake I have thrown a punch at every Texan Tourist I've ever seen in this city and never second-guessed a one

by Anonymousreply 189June 28, 2021 7:06 PM

RATS ON THE WESTSIDE

BEDBUGS UPTOWN

this town is shattered!

by Anonymousreply 190June 28, 2021 7:08 PM

Nearly 70 people shot over this past weekend in Chicago. That's like war zone figures.

[quote]This thread is so ridiculous. Somebody rattling off every single incident of violence in a city of over eight million people

The one who is ridiculous is you.

Funny that the mayoral race is centered around the issue of rising crime.

It seems that NYers are genuinely concerned about it.

by Anonymousreply 191June 28, 2021 9:21 PM

R186 and R188 That was a rhetorical question! Of course NYC isn't back yet and won't be until the threat is behind us. And that won't happen unless and until attitudes catch up to the science.

by Anonymousreply 192June 28, 2021 9:34 PM

R189 Just ask the people and business in Hell's Kitchen and the Upper West Side what the homeless have done to their neighborhood or business owners in Times Square who were concerned what last months shooting of innocent bystanders 2 women and a 4 year old girl would do to tourism and residents living near Washington Square Park which has been taken over by defiant lawlessness with a 73% increase in robbery in the 6th precinct where the park is located. What's ridiculous is the way the city has been taken over.

by Anonymousreply 193June 28, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] Funny that the mayoral race is centered around the issue of rising crime. It seems that NYers are genuinely concerned about it.

And tourists can't even walk past the Lion's King theater in Times Square. This is the second tourist randomly shot there in just over a month.

Marine, 21, shot in back by CD peddler's stray bullet in Times Square is the newlywed son-in-law of counter-terrorism chief

Poulin was shot while walking with his family on Sunday, when CD vendors reportedly got into an argument and one started shooting

On Monday, Mayor Bill De Blasio said he is increasing police presence in the area.

'Now, we've seen patterns in Times Square that we are going to address very, very aggressively,' he said in a news conference, introducing his new Times Square Safety Plan.

The plan would include the deployment of 50 more officers to the area 'to make sure that anyone who goes to Times Square knows they're safe.'

The plan, which went into effect immediately after Sunday's shooting, includes the deployment of 'dozens' more police officers, some of whom will be plainclothes, to engage with street vendors.

They would ensure the vendors are not engaging in 'aggressive panhandling,' NYPD Chief Rodney Harrison said, and would make sure they are not threatening pedestrians.

It would be in addition to the officers the NYPD previously deployed to the area last month, De Blasio said.

'We are going to flood the area with additional police officers,' De Blasio said, adding later: 'There's no question in my mind this is going to work.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 28, 2021 11:59 PM

R194,

Defund the police! BLM! Trans lives matter! Say their names! UBI!!!

by Anonymousreply 195June 29, 2021 11:12 AM

Another day, another stray.

15-year old shot by stray bullet while playing basketball on the UWS

Bicyclist killed in crash with PSPS truck near Central Park

77-year old woman killed in NYC crash by unlicensed driver

71-year old man hit an killed on UWS

2 people critically injured in hit-and-run on UES

by Anonymousreply 196June 30, 2021 3:26 AM

^ USPS truck

by Anonymousreply 197June 30, 2021 3:26 AM

4th of July fireworks and gunfire. Over 2 dozen shot, one fatally across NYC over the July 4th weekend.

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2021 8:43 PM

It seems like the right wing is purposely trying to drive up crime. This is coming from the top. They seem to be telling the rank and file not to control the crime and let it get out of hands so they can blame Biden and democrats for being weak on crime.

This deserves its own thread.

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote]It seems like the right wing is purposely trying to drive up crime. This is coming from the top.

How exactly does that work in NY?

The city and state are solidly Dem.

Please post some proof...or are you just another conspiracy theorist?

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2021 5:48 PM

R200 I'm not sure what R199 is talking about but there definitely is a conspiracy to pin higher crime rates on Biden (and I'm not a conspiracy theorist).

This morning I heard a news anchor discussing Biden's agenda while trying to tie higher crime rates to "defund the police." I was like WHAT THE FUCK?

First, Those two things don't even go togehter!

Third, Democrats took a hit during the campaign due to the "DTP" rhetoric. It tainted swing state/district candidates. Democrats lost because of it.

Fourth, it's more likely the higher crime has a lot to do with Trump and the GOP not giving people relief as folks sat at home for months on end.

Fifth, crime was artificially suppressed by the pandemic with everyone being at home. Of course crime is gonna go up when things open back up.

Sixth, the only "DTP" occurred on Jan 6th when Trump failed to send troops to defend the Capitol.

How is any of this Biden's fault? It's not. Why should this impact his agenda? It shouldn't. Yet here we go...

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2021 6:29 PM

[R200] I'm not sure what [R199] is talking about but there definitely is a conspiracy to pin higher crime rates on Biden (and I'm not a conspiracy theorist).

This morning I heard a news anchor discussing Biden's agenda while trying to tie higher crime rates to "defund the police." I was like WHAT THE FUCK?

First, Those two things don't even go together!

Second, Democrats took a hit during the campaign due to the "DTP" rhetoric. It tainted swing state/district candidates. Democrats lost because of it.

Third, it's more likely the higher crime has a lot to do with Trump and the GOP not giving people relief as folks sat at home for months on end.

Fourth, crime was artificially suppressed by the pandemic with everyone being at home. Of course crime is gonna go up when things open back up.

Fifth, the only "DTP" occurred on Jan 6th when Trump failed to send troops to defend the Capitol.

How is any of this Biden's fault? It's not. Why should this impact his agenda? It shouldn't. Yet here we go...

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote]a conspiracy to pin higher crime rates on Biden

A conspiracy???

Oh please.

Always, but always, no matter WHO is in office, they'll get blamed (right or wrongly) for the current state of affairs. That's just the way it works.

The rising crime rate is under Biden's watch.

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2021 6:57 PM

R199=paranoid 'they, they, they' the great whatsit!

by Anonymousreply 204July 7, 2021 12:07 AM

R203, sure POTUS gets blamed, but it usually isn't the MSM leading the charge. Also they usually don't lie to do it. Modern MSM = major disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 205July 7, 2021 7:29 AM

We were in NYC last week, some thoughts-

Many luxury hotels and restaurants are still closed until the fall because they couldnā€™t staff them. There is now a wave of hidden as well as street savvy homeless people, there was a young woman that literally looked like she was on her way to a Soul Cycle class, cleanly dressed in fresh leggings and new workout clothes- sleeping in a church alcove by the Peninsula Hotel we stayed at. I didnā€™t realize she was homeless until I saw her the next day with the very same outfit and giant bag she kept her sleeping gear in. They also know what they can get away with and what they canā€™t- one absolutely filthy guy demanded cold water at an outside cafe but the waiter abruptly stopped pouring midstream, upset because he didnā€™tā€™ want to touch the guy (or his greasy bottle). I looked a little too long at him and he came back and screamed at me (MARY!)

New Yorkers I know are a bit shell shocked but resilient. I think it will take awhile for them to get used to getting a oaycheck and off of the dependability of an unemployment check- many will try every angle to keep it or a portion of it and honestly thatā€™s not good for the greater economy. Iā€™m a hairdresser that worked on 57th & 5th in a luxury salon across from Tiffanyā€™s and theyā€™re struggling to get clientele back- the girl I worked with before and was booked solid didnā€™t have a single client booked last week.

We were sad to see so many storefronts empty but also pleasantly surprised to see the businesses that DID make it. It will look very different next year when all the PPP loans have been completely exhausted because the tide of funds kept a lot of bad apples afloat as well. I would not open a new business the next two years myself because of this- how can you complete with an alike business wholly subsidized by the government? You canā€™t, and unfortunately these repercussions could last many years, especially in certain business sectors.

There are things I wouldnā€™t do nowadays as a tourist because of recent events, like riding the subway late night or at all unless I really needed to or it was quicker taking an express train. It wasnā€™t as expensive as we thought and weā€™ll definitely be back.

by Anonymousreply 206July 7, 2021 8:00 AM

The brass is not democrat you stupid dummy. The have an extremely right-wing union and they call the shots.

They are purposely telling LE to stand down and let the crimes get out of control to make Dems look bad.

Itā€™s happening in all states. From the top down. Believe this. because they are gonna pull this through 2022. Itā€™s coming from the top. Donā€™t blame the front line itā€™s not their idea. They have to work in these communities but most go home to the county so ultimately view it as a city problem. Just following orders, they claim.

This is the game through 2022 at least. Donā€™t expect the front line to respond to any crime calls. They will go through the motions but will make sure you feel that you are not protected.

Their ultimate goal is to make the suburb mom set scared so the vote back the rethug house. The house is the key to what they have planned post 2022.

Be careful out there because they will ramp this non-protection scheme up to the max for summer-fall 2022

by Anonymousreply 207July 7, 2021 6:06 PM

Mark this thread and site it anytime they pull this crap over the next 12-18 months.

I donā€™t want to say I told you so, but there it is in plain English @r207.

This effects everyone.

by Anonymousreply 208July 7, 2021 6:09 PM
by Anonymousreply 209July 7, 2021 6:18 PM

You have been warned.

by Anonymousreply 210July 7, 2021 6:20 PM

Thank you R207. I agree with every word. And the MSM is in on it too. The lawlessness of Republicans is more newsworthy than the calm governing of Democrats. They've made it clear that they are pulling for the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 211July 7, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote]They are purposely telling LE to stand down and let the crimes get out of control to make Dems look bad.

Link please.

Or are you just another QAnon style conspiracy theorist?

by Anonymousreply 212July 8, 2021 1:10 AM

Wonder what the average response time is up to now that the brass is trying to pull a atlas shrugged.

by Anonymousreply 213July 9, 2021 4:08 PM

R201 And it's great how the city is helping feed that paranoid conspiracy theory with multiple daily shootings, assaults on subways, abductions in broad daylight, .numerous hit and runs and hate crimes. Do you think right wingers are behind these acts?

by Anonymousreply 214July 18, 2021 5:10 AM

^ R207

by Anonymousreply 215July 18, 2021 5:17 AM

New York City is now flyover country with bullets flying all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 217July 18, 2021 5:23 AM

š—£š—暝—¼š—“š—暝—²š˜€š˜€š—¶š˜ƒš—² š——š—²š—ŗš˜€ š—³š—¶š—“š—µš˜ š˜š—¼ š—±š—²š—³š˜‚š—»š—± š˜š—µš—² š—½š—¼š—¹š—¶š—°š—²

Progressive Democrats are irked by talk from President Biden and national Democrats looking to move the party away from the anti-police rhetoric of 2020.

ā€œSince the last election the moderates have been moving away from it,ā€ state Sen. Jabari Brisport told The Post. Brisport ā€” a socialist ā€” warned that embracing cops would bring consequences from his perennially restive comrades.

ā€œI think hiring more cops after we just saw the largest protest our nation has ever seen against police violence is extremely tone deaf and does not build the base and will probably hurt us in the 2022 elections,ā€ Brisport said.

In a Monday memo, Team Biden urged state and local leaders to use some of their $350 billion in pandemic relief aid to ā€œput more police officers on the beatā€ and said cops should be hired ā€œabove pre-pandemic levelsā€ in areas experiencing a surge in gun crime.

The national Movement for Black Lives denounced the funding in a statement as ā€œimmoralā€ and a ā€œslap in the face to the millions of Black, Brown, Asian, and LGBTQ+ people who voted this administration into office.ā€

ā€œJoe Biden wants to hire more police officers because he is the same segregationist that fought for the Crime Bill. He never cared about us. Kamala Harrisā€™ job was to arrest us and put us in jail,ā€ added Hawk Newsome, a former Black Lives Matter leader in New York City. ā€œThey have deceived us once again.ā€

by Anonymousreply 218July 18, 2021 6:41 AM

Any shows of note on Broadway yet? Looking at Broadway.com the pickings are slim to none!

by Anonymousreply 219July 18, 2021 6:54 PM

^ How about a revival of 'Bullets over Broadway'?

by Anonymousreply 220July 18, 2021 7:06 PM

R218 'Subway crime rate drops closer to pre-COVID levels after police surge' - NY Post 7/18/2021

by Anonymousreply 221July 18, 2021 10:11 PM

Another Sunday in De Blasio's New York

Man, 30, fatally shot on Brooklyn street corner Sunday night

Man critically wounded in Queens drive -by-shooting on Sunday night.

Teenager shot in Queens on Sunday is expected to survive.

3 subway riders robbed at gunpoint near Columbus Circle about 8:50 p.m. Sunday

Boy, 4, critically injured by hit-and-run motorcyclist in Queens park on Sunday night

by Anonymousreply 222July 19, 2021 8:49 AM

At night most of Manhattan feels like Sleepy Hollow

by Anonymousreply 223July 19, 2021 9:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 20, 2021 2:05 AM

It looks like Tyshaun is aspiring to become the next George Floyd. It wonā€™t be long before weā€™re saying his name.

by Anonymousreply 225July 20, 2021 11:04 AM

R225 that is beyond ignorant, tasteless and racist. This bozo has nothing to do with George Floyd. Stop trying to lump every situation involving Black people together. Are your really that stupid or do you just pretend to be that way on DataLounge?

by Anonymousreply 226July 20, 2021 3:35 PM

R226 Wandered over from THE LADIES HOME JOURNAL

by Anonymousreply 227July 20, 2021 4:40 PM

R227 Wandered over from Assholes Anonymous!

by Anonymousreply 228July 20, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote] Stop trying to lump every situation involving Black people together

R226, not every situation involving Black people. Just ones where they commit crimes and donā€™t do what LE tell them to do. No Black people o know behave this way. My Black friends are smart, respectable, hardworking good people. They are a not like these piles of shot the far left are shoving down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 229July 20, 2021 8:15 PM

R229 Quit trying to relitigate the Derek Chauvin case and put the victim on trial. Regardless of what you think of George Floyd, Derek Chauvin was a disgusting pig who murdered a man in cold blood. It is not just me saying that but the judicial system says so! He is now sitting in jail (where he belongs) and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Accept reality already!

And who do you think you are fooling? You have no Black friend or you wouldn't type such stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 230July 20, 2021 8:26 PM

R230,

Chauvin is a piece of shit. He deserves to spend his life in jail. That doesnā€™t change the fact that George Floyd was an equally rancid piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 231July 20, 2021 9:36 PM

R231 George Floyd was murdered. His behavior is not even an issue. Why does that even matter? Imagine that George Floyd was your relative. Regardless of what he may have done on another day. But what happened THAT day? There was zero justification for what Chauvin did.

I will never understand how people like you cannot accept that some White people are just pieces of shit? There is no but. There is no dragging other people into it. There is a period at the end of that sentence. George Floyd was not responsible for his own death. Chauvin was responsible which is why he was convicted and sent to jail.

Chauvin has been a problem for a long time. This case did not make him that way. He wasn't having "a bad day." This is who he is. The man is deeply morally flawed.

He was a law enforcement officer and held to a higher standard because he had power and authority over people that others in our society do not hold. He had a responsibility to be fair in the execution of his duties and not carry out some kind of hateful racist fantasy. That is why the Judge said it was "aggravation" in his sentence. He got more prison time because of that.

What kind of human being casually puts his hand in his pocket and stands on the neck of another human being for nearly ten minutes while he is foaming at the mouth, kicking and squirming on the ground and begging for his life?

This was a shitty individual. Full stop!

by Anonymousreply 232July 20, 2021 10:03 PM

R232,

You must have reading comprehension issues or vision problems.

I never mentioned Chauvin so there was no ā€œbutā€. I said this hood rat will end up like GF and some day we will be saying his name. Someone else brought up DC and I just said that DC is a piece of shit who deserves to spend his life in jail.

The difference is that no one is trying down our throats that DC was some sort of saint.

by Anonymousreply 233July 20, 2021 10:29 PM

[Quote]That doesnā€™t change the fact that George Floyd was an equally rancid piece of shit.

R233 This is what you said. Why is that even necessary? The topic of this thread is whether NYC has bounced back. Floyd has NOTHING to do with that. There was a conversation about some piece of shit in NYC and you want to immediately jump to Floyd as if those situations are the same. They're not.

I criticized that statement because it is not even rational, but then again, racism isn't rational.... I shouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 234July 20, 2021 10:50 PM

Idiot, my comment was

[quote] It looks like Tyshaun is aspiring to become the next George Floyd. It wonā€™t be long before weā€™re saying his name.

It was in response to R224. Someone else brought up DC. I think DC is a piece of shitā€¦ but so are criminals who bleed our society dry.

by Anonymousreply 235July 20, 2021 11:04 PM

R235 You Dumb bitch, who the fuck are you talking to? And what you just quoted was R225 and not R224...you really ARE a stupid bitch aren't you?

I quoted R233

by Anonymousreply 236July 20, 2021 11:17 PM

Dumbass!!!!!!!! I know what I quoted was R225ā€¦. I said I wrote R225 in response to R224. Iā€™m done arguing with you. Youā€™re way too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 237July 20, 2021 11:20 PM

R237 is a stupid bitch who doesn't know how to post on this board. HAHAHA! Take your ignorant ass on. You are making no sense.

by Anonymousreply 238July 20, 2021 11:24 PM

R232 'Imagine that George Floyd was your relative' With a 27 million dollar settlement for a man who had put himself and others in danger several times during his life and who seemingly didn't consider the effect of his actions on his 7-year old daughter and who didn't seem like he was going to stop being a concern and burden for his family anytime soon and who is now memorialized in a bronze statue . . .hmmmm! Though-provoking

by Anonymousreply 239July 21, 2021 4:41 AM

Zero Vision More people have been killed in traffic related car crashes in the first 6 months of 2021 than any year since Bill de Plorable took office with 58% more pedestrians killed so far this year.

by Anonymousreply 240July 21, 2021 4:08 PM

WOMAN PUNCHED IN HEAD ON GRAND CENTRAL SUBWAY PLATFORM

ARMED SUSPECTS TRY TO STEAL E-BIKE FROM FOOD DELIVERY WORKER IN BROOKLYN

NEIGHBORHOOD ON EDGE AFTER 3 WOMEN ATTACKED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT IN INWOOD PARK IN JUST OVER AN HOUR

GUNMEN OPEN FIRE OUTSIDE QUEENS HOME, STRIKING WOMAN INSIDE

AT LEAST 3 HURT IN LATEST ROUND OF NYC SHOOTINGS

' I HAVE A GUN': NYC SUBSTITUTE TEACHER ALLEGEDLY THREATENED TO SHOOT CLASS

BMW DRIVER PLOWS THROUGH PROTESTORS, INJURES COP AND DEMONSTRATOR

by Anonymousreply 241July 22, 2021 9:07 PM

Start spreading something!

by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2021 9:10 PM

my 80 year old professor who lived there his whole life says the subways at night are now really bad. He doesn't take them nor do his kids.

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2021 9:35 PM

Profound thinking from the NY Times

N.Y.C. subways have a crime problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2021 10:05 PM

R244,

They can start by fining the guys who jump the turnstiles.

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2021 10:08 PM

Stop the 'catch and release policy' and prosecute violent teens as adults

by Anonymousreply 246July 23, 2021 12:42 AM

Friends in Hell's Kitchen avoid walking down some of the streets in their neighborhood at night.

by Anonymousreply 247July 23, 2021 1:30 AM

Who TF lives in NY expecting Utopia? Anytime I am there I am on highest alert and assuming I could be mugged (or worse) at any moment, which is why I am rarely there. It has millions of people and has always been crime ridden! Why is this even a topic for sane people?

by Anonymousreply 248July 23, 2021 7:50 AM

No r248. It has been very safe and like tourist friendly from about the late 90s to last year. Within a few months DeBlassio turned things back into the 80s. (without the good part of the 80s==the edgy arts scene.)

by Anonymousreply 249July 23, 2021 8:09 AM

R249 I have never felt safe there. Who goes to any big city in America with their guard down? I think this is being overblown for political reasons.

by Anonymousreply 250July 23, 2021 8:16 AM

The City of Lost Soles

Bronx man tortured with hot spoon, robbed of safe and 25 pairs of sneakers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 23, 2021 8:51 AM

R248 Can one feel at least safe while walking, working, and commuting and going about their daily business? How about civility and safety?

3 women and a man brutally beat a 61-year old woman using a cooking pot this week and stole her walker! Just one of the many senseless acts that occur several times a day in NY. Fun City is now Fear City.

by Anonymousreply 252July 23, 2021 5:30 PM

Delta variant forcing companies to rethink plans to return to the office -NY Times

by Anonymousreply 253July 23, 2021 8:44 PM

R252 what are you, 12? You are making my point. Of course it is not safe! It is NYC! It never was "safe!" Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 254July 24, 2021 12:29 AM

R254 You're wrong.

It became a very safe city in the last decade.

I lived there in the 1970s/early 80s. I know what crime ridden means.

The recent uptick in crime, this senseless random violent crime, is disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 255July 24, 2021 12:42 AM

R254 NYC 2018

"The City of New York achieved record-setting reductions in several major crime categories in 2018, setting new records for public safety and crime reduction in the modern era. These achievements improve upon key reductions seen in 2017, continuing to drive the records even lower. In 2018, overall crime is lower than in 2017 and below a new benchmark of 96,000; murder was below 300 for the second year in a row, numbers not seen since the early 1950s; robberies were below 13,000, lower than in 2017, a new record low for the modern era; burglaries were below 12,000 and lower than in 2017; and shooting incidents were again below 800 and lower than in 2017."

by Anonymousreply 256July 24, 2021 12:44 AM

R255 and R256 tell that to the mugging and shooting victims in the past 10 years. I'm sure they'd disagree.

by Anonymousreply 257July 24, 2021 1:00 AM

^ or the victims of hit-and-run accidents with nearly twice as many in the first half of this year than in the first half of any of the last 4 years or the over 2 dozen people shot over this years 4th of July weekend or those beaten with cinder blocks, vases, cooking pots . . .I'm sure they'll take comfort in the fact that it's been worse

by Anonymousreply 258July 24, 2021 4:36 AM

Lurching forward:

13 people shot over night across the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens on July 31st

2 people stabbed in overnight Chelsea street brawl

NYPD cop shot by known gang member

Pedicab driver killed in a hit-and-run in NYC and a bicyclist in midtown was critically injured in yet another hit-and-run

by Anonymousreply 259August 1, 2021 8:25 AM

This cunt is still in here jerking off to police reports.

Be sure to lick the cum off your screen.

by Anonymousreply 260August 1, 2021 8:31 AM

R260 Your mother's here and is keeping it spic and span and she loves to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 261August 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Sunday Mass

Another bloody night in NY with 18 wounded, including a 'coordinated' mass shooting in Queens with 37 shots fired and 10 wounded.

by Anonymousreply 262August 1, 2021 5:28 PM

My mom has been dead for six years, so enjoy drilling her maggoty corpse, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 263August 1, 2021 5:30 PM

R263 She won't be lonely as NY is producing a lot of company for her.

by Anonymousreply 264August 1, 2021 5:32 PM

R262 Only wounded? Ha!

45 shot, 4 fatally, since Friday night in Chicago.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

by Anonymousreply 265August 1, 2021 5:58 PM

R265 Yeah, New York is like a less deadly strain of COVID. You may need to be hospitalized, but you are less likely to die than in Chicago

by Anonymousreply 266August 1, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] a 'coordinated' mass shooting in Queens with 37 shots fired and 10 wounded.

Three of the 10 victims were known Trinitarios gang members and were believed to be the intended targets of the shooting. The other seven were innocent bystanders, some of whom were believed to be in the area for a birthday party at a nearby restaurant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 1, 2021 6:47 PM

I wish NYC could bounce back all the annoying flyovers to their home states, that would be great!

Especially the trust fund hipster poseurs who have permeated Brooklyn and now Long Island City. Damn they are so fucking annoying!

by Anonymousreply 268August 1, 2021 10:32 PM

I don't live in NYC and have always avoided it like the plague. It's always been dangerous. I guess that is the price you pay to live there.

But get it together though, I might wanna come see a show at some point!

by Anonymousreply 269August 2, 2021 5:23 PM

NY is in danger of becoming another Chicago, San Francisco or DC.

Homelessness has become a blight in SF and DC and there were 105 shooting deaths in Chicago in July as opposed to 35 COVID-19 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 270August 3, 2021 2:26 PM

Hump day violence as at least 10 shot-one fatally-in 7 separate incidents across NYC Wednesday night into Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 271August 5, 2021 9:20 PM

Crazy Reckless Benz Escapes From Cops, Hits 7 Cars, Drives on Sidewalk. 14 People Hurt / Bronx

Demolition derby on the streets

What kind of man would buy a car that shade of green?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 5, 2021 9:33 PM

R272 He wants attention and got it.

by Anonymousreply 273August 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Kin of the Brooklyn woman killed by a female shooter in a brazen caught-on-video crime say the victim was lured to her death with a phone call ā€” and that her murderer was a ā€œfamily friendā€ they recognized from the footage.

ā€œShe was on the block with us, she got a phone call, and when she got the phone call, she said, ā€˜Iā€™ll be right back,ā€™ ā€ longtime pal Shawn Johnson, 43, recalled Friday, referring to victim Delia Johnson, 42.

ā€œTwenty minutes later, somebody called me and told me she got shot,ā€ he said of Delia. ā€œI told him he was lying. I was just standing here with her.ā€

Police released two zoomed-in photos of the suspected killer Friday ā€” and family members said they recognize her from the snapshot showing the womanā€™s face.

ā€œI know her!ā€ exclaimed Deliaā€™s mother, Delia Barry. ā€œOh my God, oh my God, she used to stay with us. She slept in my bed, ate my food.ā€

One of the victimā€™s younger sisters, Hadijah Pendley, called the suspect ā€œa family friend who came to our family events, celebrations, holidays ā€” whatever you want to call it, she came.ā€

---------------

That's what happens when young ladies are no longer taught to write thank you notes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 6, 2021 10:46 PM

During a 4 hour span Saturday night, 10 people including 4 teens were shot-3 fatally-in 6 shootings

by Anonymousreply 275August 8, 2021 10:03 PM

Poor brandonjoseph/FNY (Former New Yorker)/r275, reduced to duplicate posting in various threads, such as the one below where he's currently responding to his own posts because no one wants to play with him and his unending CRIME STATS! any more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 9, 2021 6:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277August 9, 2021 7:36 PM

R276 needs to learn the difference between 'above' and 'below'!

by Anonymousreply 278August 9, 2021 7:58 PM

R277 Leadership is lacking. Maybe Mayors Lighthead and Lurch will learn what Seattle's 'summer of love' Mayor Jenny Durkin learned, that defunding the police doesn't work except for the criminals.

by Anonymousreply 279August 9, 2021 8:14 PM

R276 is no Jessica Fletcher. She needs to keep up and get a grip and as always needs to get laid!

by Anonymousreply 280August 9, 2021 8:18 PM

Ex-mobster Sammy 'the bull' Gravano says Cuomo 'Killed more people than the Mafia with COVID policies'

by Anonymousreply 281August 9, 2021 8:36 PM

[quote][R276] needs to learn the difference between 'above' and 'below'!

brandonjoseph/FNY (Former New Yorker)/R275/r277/r278/r279/r280/r281 seems to lack reading skills. The linked thread referred to is BELOW my post at r276. I guess it is difficult keeping track of which way is up after making literally hundreds upon hundreds of anti NYC posts, on so many threads, using so many different names and devices. Hate must be debilitating.

He forgets that he's posted the exact same post in multiple threads, and he talks to himself a lot, as seen in the 5 back to back posts above. He also does it in this linked thread below. He's responsible for over 200 posts in that thread.

Same old insults. He's forgotten he has used "needs to get laid" dozens and dozens of times, directed at anyone who likes NYC. So confused. Sad, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282August 10, 2021 3:06 AM

Speaking of sad and pathetic the police are seeking suspect in an anti-gay subway attack in Queens that left 3 people injured amid an uptick in crime on the city's public transit system and the now pathetic and useless creep Cuomo has had 2 more women contact the AG's office with allegations while the NY State Trooper's union calls on the disgraced Governor to resign . More bad news as New York struggles to bounce back as COVID-19 hospitalizations have gone up 225% in the past month as the Mayor strongly recommends all residents include those vaccinated wear masks in all indoor settings.

by Anonymousreply 283August 10, 2021 4:21 AM

Speaking of indoor settings Webster Hall was evacuated due to a broken rail between the stage and the audience. Ironically safety concerns were cited, but that would seem to be a minor concern compared to the spreading of the highly contagious Delta variant with hundreds of maskless attendees partying like it was 1999.

by Anonymousreply 284August 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Man lands in hospital after attack on Park Slope subway car

by Anonymousreply 285August 10, 2021 6:35 PM

15 people killed or wounded in 11 shootings across NYC Friday

Mother of 'Law and Order' extra fatally shot at NY deli calls for more cops

2 men shot, one fatally in broad daylight Sunday in the Bronx

Man at NYC ATM attacked by a hatchet wielding man

Stranger attempted to shove victim onto subway tracks at Times Square subway station

by Anonymousreply 286August 16, 2021 4:40 AM

And yet, somehow, FNY lives.

by Anonymousreply 287August 16, 2021 4:43 AM

Sunday Bloody Sunday There is no God!

At least 16 people shot overnight. Eight take bullets at Brooklyn party, eight others injured in 4 more incidents.

Man slashed beaten unconscious with a wrench in brutal attack in the Bronx

by Anonymousreply 288August 16, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote] Eight take bullets at Brooklyn party

What were they listening to? Chamber music or rap?

by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2021 4:22 PM

^ It was a BYOB: Bring Your Own Bullets

by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]Speaking of indoor settings Webster Hall was evacuated due to a broken rail between the stage and the audience. Ironically safety concerns were cited, but that would seem to be a minor concern compared to the spreading of the highly contagious Delta variant with hundreds of maskless attendees partying like it was 1999.

Webster Hall was actually The Ritz back in the day, that place was always a disgusting hell hole. I won't even get into their horrible bathrooms. The balcony was always off limits to the actual paying customers, they were for 'guests', always 'reserved'. Allowing the paying customers access to the balcony would have alleviated the over-crowding in the main area of the club..

I saw The Police, Pretenders, U2, The Specials, The Jam, Yaz and a bunch of other concerts three. For almost any concert, this venue was always packed way over legal capacity. Now they're concerned over a broken railing near the stage? There was never any sort of separation between the audience and stage edge, just the bouncers.

As The Ritz, there was an actual bleacher section near the left side of the stage. God forbid this SRO joint makes their paying customers comfortable and safe and brings back the bleacher section.

Webster Hall is essentially a medium sized concert hall, minus the seating.

by Anonymousreply 291August 17, 2021 2:40 AM

^ Webster Hall reminds me of my high school auditorium.

by Anonymousreply 292August 17, 2021 4:06 PM

Another gunman opens fire in Times Square Tuesday as NY experience 16 shootings in 90 mins.

by Anonymousreply 293August 18, 2021 12:25 AM

Homecoming Concert a washout. Metaphor for NY's pandemic recovery?

by Anonymousreply 294August 22, 2021 5:23 PM

KABUL ON THE HUDSON 8/25-8/28

One killed, 1 injured in overnight shootings Saturday

Off -duty cop fatally shoots man in the Bronx

NYC women struck in deadly hit-and-run

Man fatally shot near busy NYC intersection

Man stabbed during dispute in NYC

Man wanted for pushing woman down NYC subway staircase

Off-duty NYP slashed and robbed in Queens

Motorcyclist killed after bein hit by vehicle in Brooklyn

35-year old woman critically injured in hit-and-run in Queens

Elderly Asian man punched in head in random attack in Midtown

Customers duck for cover as gunman shoots into NYC hair salon

Out of control brawlers slam into moving subway

Man throws 28-year old woman onto subway tracks in Brooklyn

Suspect charged in Penn Station shooting of commuter

Man killed in Mercedes among 6 NYC shooting victims overnight Thursday

Gunman robs NYC barber in front of stunned customers

Times Square tourist punched in face in random Midtown attack

by Anonymousreply 295August 29, 2021 5:42 PM

No, and now along with everything else BLM is promising more bloodshed

by Anonymousreply 296November 15, 2021 5:58 AM

Poor old brandonjoseph/FNY, reduced to responding to his own posts from months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 17, 2021 2:11 PM

FNY got her dream candidate for mayor and she's still bitching? There's no pleasing some people.

by Anonymousreply 298November 17, 2021 2:18 PM

FNY = Trump Trash Troll shitting itself and masturbating with the turds.

Five gets you ten the cunt has never been to New Jersey, let alone New York.

by Anonymousreply 299November 17, 2021 2:31 PM

I'm sure FNY is actually a New Yorker, just one of those outer borough Republican New Yorkers who hate Manhattan and haven't left a 10 block area around their apartment in 30 years and believe what the NY Post tells them.

by Anonymousreply 300November 17, 2021 3:38 PM

On the news today. In the heart of midtown...34th and 6th?...gunfire between two gangs because of a dispute at a recording studio. The gang violence is spilling down to tourist areas.

by Anonymousreply 301November 17, 2021 4:04 PM

We elect a socialist defund-the-police peacenik like Eric Adams and this shit is bound to happen!

by Anonymousreply 302November 17, 2021 4:24 PM

Christmas is over and back to the typical NYC day with a string of subway assaults, shootings, robberies and it's back to 2020 with concerns of what will become of all the high rises if workers don't come back to the office while Lurch is discussing Christmas lights.

by Anonymousreply 303December 27, 2021 9:37 PM

2022 Due to COVID Broadway Shows are on Hiatus and some restaurants too and schools are switching back to remote due to low student attendance and NY firms have quadrupled the number of remote jobs available for new applicants. NY might never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 304January 17, 2022 5:20 AM

R300 but we should believe the shit you concoct in your head about people you don't even know?

by Anonymousreply 305January 24, 2022 4:38 AM

The crazies and druggies have become more arrogant, more aggressive. They have a strange new confidence and sense of entitlement in harassing people. I hate to say it, but there needs to be aggressive policing of this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 306January 24, 2022 4:52 AM

Maybe the crazies/druggies heard that many crimes will no longer be prosecuted by the new Man. DA. They can now engage in as much anti social activity as they like without fear of punishment. Because systemic racism etc Unfortunately, the only real solution is a return to broken windows policing and more extensive stop and frisk to get guns off the street. But no Dems have the stomach for that and the Repubs are toxic so weā€™re fucked.

by Anonymousreply 307January 24, 2022 5:17 AM

COVID and crime are still taking their toll and offices are still empty as both corporate and small businesses continue to close.

by Anonymousreply 308January 27, 2022 2:43 PM

nice that times sq isnt jam ass packed anymore

by Anonymousreply 309January 27, 2022 2:59 PM

Aw, r308/brandonjoseph/Former New Yorker/FNY. Is Weehawken so boring that you feel the need to add to your already over 100 posts here? You are responsible for over 30% of this thread.

What is it that compels you to do that?

by Anonymousreply 310January 27, 2022 3:00 PM

It aint ever gonna be the same since the Gaiety Strip club closed yrs ago...

twas an institution of hot canadian hores.

by Anonymousreply 311January 27, 2022 3:01 PM

R310=bored stalker

by Anonymousreply 312January 27, 2022 3:07 PM

Fabulist, r312!

by Anonymousreply 313January 27, 2022 3:10 PM

R313=parrot

by Anonymousreply 314January 27, 2022 3:12 PM

Sure, Jan/r314/FNY.

:)

by Anonymousreply 315January 27, 2022 3:14 PM

R315 "Sure, Jan" So original!

by Anonymousreply 316January 27, 2022 3:22 PM

It is irritating to read the same things over and over again, isn't it, Granny/FNY?

Have a great Weehawken day!

Bye now!

by Anonymousreply 317January 27, 2022 3:24 PM

R317 yes, when it's another subway assault, hit and run, shooting, police officer dying . . .

by Anonymousreply 318January 27, 2022 5:39 PM

Well, I guess Weehawken is one up on NYC. Weehawken got a D- in violent crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 27, 2022 6:34 PM

Oopsies!

No, they got an F.

by Anonymousreply 320January 27, 2022 6:36 PM

R319 find a recent news story about crime in Weehawken since you are so interested. Good luck. NJ is always in the metropolitan news shouldn't be hard to find. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 321January 27, 2022 8:57 PM

SoHo is burning! Open fires burning in posh NY neighborhood where residents say they live in fear because of dangerous vagrants.

by Anonymousreply 322January 27, 2022 9:01 PM

1.27.22 13-year-old girl clinging to life after being struck by truck on Coney Island Avenue and Avenue J in Midwood.

by Anonymousreply 323January 27, 2022 9:05 PM

Cops release photo of man who shoved man onto NYC subway tracks Sunday!

by Anonymousreply 324January 27, 2022 9:06 PM

1.26.22 Cops make 3 Midtown gun busts within hours.

by Anonymousreply 325January 27, 2022 9:08 PM

Addled man in Weehawken makes 5 back-to-back posts to himself in as many minutes on DL! Stand by for more of the same!

by Anonymousreply 326January 27, 2022 9:34 PM

R326 New Yorker's are easily rattled!

by Anonymousreply 327January 27, 2022 9:43 PM

Fabulist New Yorker is self-appointed DL hall monitor

by Anonymousreply 328January 27, 2022 9:45 PM

R310 by that measure where you live must be incredibly boring because you continually post long-winded bullshit and track me all the time as opposed to discussing the topic.

by Anonymousreply 329January 28, 2022 9:15 PM

R319 In June of 2021 a 22-year-old Weehawken man was charged with killing his girlfriend in the first homicide in Weehawken in 15 years. If Weehawken rates a D NY must be -ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

by Anonymousreply 330February 2, 2022 8:32 PM

Line up for your free firearm. Whoever kills a cop first gets a free trip to New York to kill another cop! Bounced back from fucking what? The 8th Circle of Hell to the 9th. Spreading what news?

by Anonymousreply 331February 2, 2022 10:53 PM

^ and an all you can grab spree at Walgreen's, Duane Reade or Rite Aid

by Anonymousreply 332February 3, 2022 1:17 AM

Biden is set to visit the Big Crapple to discuss the city's gun violence crisis with Adams

by Anonymousreply 333February 3, 2022 4:51 AM

I'm so tired of NYC. I wish Mrs. Patsy Ramsey, formerly of Boulder, CO would come take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 334February 3, 2022 5:00 AM

OP the news is the last thing about NY you'd want to spread!

by Anonymousreply 335March 14, 2022 2:06 AM

Are the clubs open this weekend? Any new clubs? Itā€™s going to be warmer this weekend.

Whatā€™s new in the city? Is there a website that keeps up with things anymore? Thereā€™s like a blackout on manhattan goings on.

by Anonymousreply 336March 17, 2022 5:22 AM

The stupid crime blotter troll is not helpful.

by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2022 5:23 AM

Nor are the increase in random, unprovoked attacks R337

by Anonymousreply 338March 19, 2022 3:59 AM

Beware. They're in the Bronx after coming from Coney Island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 19, 2022 5:03 AM

We never left!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 19, 2022 5:05 AM

Please come back, tourists. Everything is fine. Just the commuters are bothered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 19, 2022 5:08 AM

The antisocial in the streets and subways of NYC have become emboldened.

by Anonymousreply 342March 19, 2022 5:11 AM

R337 can you be helpful and answer R336?

by Anonymousreply 343March 19, 2022 5:27 AM

^^^what would be the point, brandonjoseph/FNY/Former New Yorker aka "stupid crime blotter troll"?

The minute anyone posts anything positive about New York, you will just post a litany of negativity, or you will say that other places are just as good. About a third of this thread is yours. You infest any NYC thread with dozens to hundreds of posts.

Enjoy Weehawken and stop trying to get us to hate NYC as much as you do, It's a waste of time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 19, 2022 6:11 AM

^ DIVERSION 101

by Anonymousreply 345March 19, 2022 6:59 AM

^ How so, brandonjoseph/FNY? You asked for someone to answer r336. I'm providing some information. Here are some speakeasys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 19, 2022 7:22 AM

Gun culture has become the culture as 29 shot over the weekend in 24 incidents.

by Anonymousreply 347March 21, 2022 10:14 PM

R552 sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 348March 23, 2022 10:40 PM

R342 and why not with the catch and release policy?

by Anonymousreply 349March 23, 2022 11:01 PM

Mayor Adams is reviving the 'broken windows' policy after 29 people were shot over the weekend in 24 separate incidents to say nothing of the 4 people shot Monday.

by Anonymousreply 350March 23, 2022 11:08 PM

It's worse than ever in terms of random, unprovoked homicides and assaults and robberies are happening in all neighborhoods. Every type of crime has spiked just in the last 2 months.

by Anonymousreply 351April 19, 2022 5:21 AM

^link?

I still fail to understand why you hate nyc so much, brandonjoseph/NYC/FormerNewYorker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 19, 2022 5:39 AM

Oh come on, r352. Random, violent attacks against strangers in the subway and on the streets have spiked. Maybe overall crime isn't worse than the 70s, but these random attacks have grown ever since the summer of 2020. People are emboldened and the cops are pissed that everyone came out against them. It's just a terrible situation altogether.

by Anonymousreply 353April 19, 2022 5:54 AM

^^^even if I were to agree with you, brandonjoseph/FNY/FormerNewYorker (which I don't), why do you layer post upon post of all the worst things happening?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 19, 2022 6:24 AM

who are you talking to

by Anonymousreply 355April 19, 2022 6:29 AM

Now a year later from the original post, hell no! The crime and assaults have gotten worse.

by Anonymousreply 356April 22, 2022 3:12 PM

subway assaults have jumped over 50% to the highest level in 11 months giving office workers another reason not to return to the office

by Anonymousreply 357April 24, 2022 10:16 PM

man stabbed 8 times in broad daylight in Thompkins Square Park

by Anonymousreply 358April 26, 2022 4:56 AM

unprovoked attack targets an 8-year-old and an elderly woman Wednesday afternoon in the Flat Iron District

by Anonymousreply 359April 28, 2022 5:27 AM

^^^FNY/FormerNewYorker/brandonjoseph/r359, you've posted that same story on at least 3 other threads. Why SO obsessed with NYC crime?

You are now well into thousands of anti-NYC posts. Well over 400 in this thread and its predecessor alone.

It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 360April 28, 2022 6:45 AM

Within 24 hours two men were stabbed one fatally in separate incidents in Times Square

by Anonymousreply 361May 2, 2022 1:54 AM

11 shooting incidents with 12 victims in what has become a typical NYC weekend

by Anonymousreply 362May 2, 2022 9:57 PM

NYPD to deploy more night patrols Monday, one day after 8 were shot in NYC

by Anonymousreply 363May 3, 2022 3:25 AM

Man in the Bronx fatally shot 6pm Monday after answering knock at door

by Anonymousreply 364May 3, 2022 3:27 AM

^The last 4 posts are brandon joseph/Former New Yorker's, also.

Talking to himself. A sad obsession.

by Anonymousreply 365May 3, 2022 4:00 AM

officer stabbed, suspect shot in Coney Island

2 men shot, killed in Midtown Manhattan

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2022 8:46 PM

in an already surging crime infested 2022, crime shot up 34% in April in NYC. Surging crime is preventing the return to normal in NY, Chicago and San Franciso

by Anonymousreply 367May 5, 2022 8:53 PM

less than 40% of workers are at their desks on any given workday and NYC may face a long term decline due to crime according to Partnership for New York City. Big loss of revenue as many businesses and the MTA relied on daily commuters.

by Anonymousreply 368May 9, 2022 3:31 AM

6 pedestrians killed and 3 injured on the streets of NYC in a week including a man in a wheelchair. New York is considering a $1K bounty for information on hit and run drivers.

by Anonymousreply 369May 9, 2022 3:39 AM

stop electing mega woke fakes to be mayor.

by Anonymousreply 370May 9, 2022 1:20 PM

Only 4 months in, Adams seems more inept and clueless than De Blasio. WTHF!

by Anonymousreply 371May 9, 2022 3:42 PM

Anyone who criticizes Mayor Adams is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 372May 9, 2022 4:58 PM

12 New Yorkers dead in street collisions 1 week into the city's 'Slow Down' ad campaign for drivers!

by Anonymousreply 373May 10, 2022 6:22 PM

NO thanks to a newly elected mayor who seems to be trying to keep up with the Kardashians

by Anonymousreply 374June 1, 2022 9:04 PM

god no. worse than ever. mayor is said to be a real mess.....fraud is rampant.

by Anonymousreply 375June 5, 2022 7:42 PM

7/17/2022

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY: at least 12 shot, 2 stabbed during bloody Sunday Night in NYC.

I know! I know! It was worse in the 70s and 80s!

by Anonymousreply 376July 18, 2022 7:03 AM

Life imitates art ....or tv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377July 19, 2022 6:51 PM

Was Alec Baldwin on this set by any chance? R377

by Anonymousreply 378July 19, 2022 10:41 PM

You can't go home again.

A 14-year-old boy whose family recently moved to New Jersey was fatally shot in the head Tuesday during a visit back to his old neighborhood East Harlem!

by Anonymousreply 379July 20, 2022 10:34 PM

More young victims than I can ever remember

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 26, 2022 4:40 PM

Bloodshed is the new norm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381July 26, 2022 7:50 PM

for those who say it was worse in the 70s&80s . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 28, 2022 2:49 AM

Everything is closed really early. It's bizarre. I just moved back after about 15 years away andā€¦nothing is ever open, everything is out of stock, there are homeless people sleeping on the stairs of my very expensive building, the only people here seem to be me, tourists and homeless people, I had to go to six different drug stores just to get basic shit. And you can't even get a cup of coffee after 5pm. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 383July 28, 2022 4:33 AM

r381, whoa, shit, apparently, I just missed that one by a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 384July 28, 2022 4:34 AM

R383 you forgot the rats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 28, 2022 4:42 AM

Rental prices are bouncing back and up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386July 28, 2022 7:04 PM

Agree with R383 that everything still feels very quiet. When Iā€™ve gone out at night, Iā€™ll walk a couple of blocks without even passing anyone else. This is the UES, which has always been a little bit quieter. But not this quiet.

by Anonymousreply 387July 28, 2022 7:11 PM

Catch and release isn't working

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388July 29, 2022 3:38 AM

New York is on the verge of being a dystopian nightmare

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 29, 2022 3:40 AM

Things have been out of control for a while

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 29, 2022 4:04 AM

This is why commuters want to remain on remote and not return to the office especially those who rely on the subway to get to work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 29, 2022 4:10 AM

MTA still has problems

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 29, 2022 4:32 PM

R384 it seems to be happening all over the city I never remember it being like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393July 29, 2022 11:28 PM

It's open season in the city

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394July 30, 2022 12:12 AM

workers under attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 30, 2022 12:15 AM

Who says nightlife is dead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 30, 2022 12:20 AM

They're back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 30, 2022 12:23 AM

Kids killing kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398July 31, 2022 7:01 AM

San Francisco East

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399July 31, 2022 7:03 AM

Random and unprovoked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 1, 2022 5:43 AM

ā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401August 1, 2022 5:46 AM

ā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402August 1, 2022 5:51 AM

ā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 1, 2022 5:57 AM

ā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 1, 2022 6:01 AM

a modern-day twist on chain snatching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 1, 2022 6:02 AM

On the good news front: Beanie is gone.

by Anonymousreply 406August 1, 2022 11:20 AM

Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 1, 2022 1:35 PM

The city that never sleeps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408August 1, 2022 4:55 PM

Taking back the streets. Many of them have become eyesores and traffic hazards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409August 1, 2022 6:10 PM

Homicide rate in NYC is flat.

Reporting of crime rate, on the other hand, has skyrocketed in the past year.

Funny how that works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 1, 2022 6:55 PM

Good thing you guys elected a law and order mayor.

by Anonymousreply 411August 1, 2022 6:58 PM

No wonder so many places have trouble finding employees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 2, 2022 7:41 AM

Yeah, it's downright hysterical R410

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 2, 2022 7:44 AM

Hey, just another pox on you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 2, 2022 8:58 PM

Sigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415August 2, 2022 10:52 PM

in a New York minute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416August 3, 2022 12:31 AM

Bullets flying everywhere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417August 3, 2022 1:39 AM

NY is still struggling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418August 3, 2022 1:47 AM

Yes, things are returning to normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419August 3, 2022 11:38 AM

Enuff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420August 4, 2022 2:05 AM

There's a lot of crazies out there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 4, 2022 6:52 AM

Just the fact that it's hot as hell down there should be a warning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422August 5, 2022 9:07 PM

Tourist trap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 5, 2022 9:09 PM

From bad to worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 5, 2022 9:11 PM

More bad news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 5, 2022 9:12 PM

This might provide some relief

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 5, 2022 9:14 PM

šŸ™ˆšŸµšŸ™ŠšŸ’šŸ™‰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427August 6, 2022 4:26 AM

It may have been worse but . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428August 6, 2022 4:28 AM

1971's vision of the future

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429August 6, 2022 4:29 AM

R283 Do you know her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 6, 2022 5:44 AM

Texas has been sending bus loads of illegals to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 431August 6, 2022 6:18 AM

šŸššŸššŸš

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 6, 2022 7:46 AM

de Blasio did something similar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 6, 2022 7:57 AM

Shantytown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 6, 2022 3:28 PM

Time to go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 6, 2022 3:36 PM

The party's over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 6, 2022 3:44 PM

Who was that masked man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 6, 2022 5:12 PM

Set back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 7, 2022 9:29 PM

More subway mayhem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 7, 2022 9:31 PM

Escape from New York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 8, 2022 3:46 AM

Most telling info from the article:

The mayor suggested that the most likely reason was ā€œbecause of the fear that something was going to happen to them if they came to this location, people got off earlier.ā€

ā€œAnd we are concerned about that because we donā€™t want people being dropped off [just] anywhere,ā€ he said.

Major crime has skyrocketed in Gotham this year, soaring nearly 40% compared to 2021, according to NYPD statistics.

by Anonymousreply 441August 8, 2022 12:04 PM

So, he's not concerned with the safety of New Yorkers, citizens, the people who overpay his salary, but with the chance that the foreign criminals, invaders, being bussed in, on the tax payer dime again, most of them having been allowed to board flights by showing their warrants for arrest, might not feel at ease. And what does it say really that these healthy young men fleeing supposedly dire conditions, escaping for their lives, we're told, find NYC too unsafe a place to land?

by Anonymousreply 442August 8, 2022 12:51 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, R442, the King of Commas.

by Anonymousreply 443August 8, 2022 1:20 PM

In broad daylight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 8, 2022 5:37 PM

Store owners no longer feel safe in New York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 8, 2022 5:39 PM

I'm getting the feeling Adams is not up to the job? I don't live in New York so I'm genuinely asking.

by Anonymousreply 446August 8, 2022 5:43 PM

So many violent criminals are released but not reformed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 8, 2022 5:51 PM

Possible hate crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 8, 2022 8:57 PM

Open season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 8, 2022 9:16 PM

Now you have polio. Why would anyone want to live in constant fear that hellhole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450August 8, 2022 9:57 PM

Mayor Adams needs to take back the streets and quickly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 10, 2022 5:21 AM

and the subways

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 10, 2022 5:21 AM

No wonder there is a shortage of restaurant and hospitality workers. I wouldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 455August 10, 2022 6:26 PM

It's no place for man or beast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456August 10, 2022 9:18 PM

People being pointlessly attacked as they work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457August 10, 2022 9:21 PM

I'll take a stab at it, no. Crime is still out of control

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458August 11, 2022 2:43 PM

NYC is screwed. Man attacked with a screwdriver at Wall Street subway station

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459August 12, 2022 3:12 AM

Even migrants have had enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 12, 2022 3:14 AM

I thought Adams was the law-and-order candidate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461August 12, 2022 3:16 AM

Just another day in the naked city

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 12, 2022 3:24 AM

Penn Station Shooting Suspect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 12, 2022 3:26 AM

Good news: the poor can once again look for another city to inhabit. We are now exclusively for the rich! Yay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 12, 2022 2:25 PM

You mean rich and poor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 12, 2022 2:29 PM

R464 not that impressive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 12, 2022 2:32 PM

Hit 'n' runs on the rise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 12, 2022 2:53 PM

Don't stop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 12, 2022 2:55 PM

Gun play

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469August 12, 2022 2:59 PM

More teen victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470August 12, 2022 3:19 PM

Welcome to the Big Apple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 12, 2022 3:24 PM

The city that never sleeps or stops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 12, 2022 3:41 PM

Fear city

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 12, 2022 6:54 PM

Hammers, box cutters, screwdrivers and now ice picks. Man attacked in East Village

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474August 12, 2022 8:11 PM

Even the horses aren't safe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475August 12, 2022 10:40 PM

Not a place for the working class

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 13, 2022 3:50 PM

Shades of LA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477August 13, 2022 6:03 PM

For Lease is the word!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 14, 2022 8:21 AM

Bounce, bounce , bounce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479August 14, 2022 1:44 PM

Another teen killed on the streets of NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 14, 2022 5:58 PM

Not too long ago, New Yorkers were on DL, claiming that New York crime was down and that it was the safest big city in the country. What happened? The new mayor? Poverty? Just a matter of time?

by Anonymousreply 481August 14, 2022 7:41 PM

74-year-old man killed in hit and run in Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482August 15, 2022 6:50 AM

šŸ›‘šŸ›‘šŸ›‘

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 15, 2022 7:24 AM

We moved to Washington two years ago but weā€™re moving back to NYC in 3 weeks. I canā€™t wait. I miss home. Iā€™ll be sure to keep my phone in my pocket and my eyes aware.

by Anonymousreply 484August 15, 2022 8:13 AM

[quote]Iā€™ll be sure to keep my phone in my pocket and my eyes aware.

If you like living your life in fear...............welcome home.

by Anonymousreply 485August 15, 2022 12:09 PM

NY is not welcoming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 15, 2022 4:20 PM

Bounce, bounce, bounce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 15, 2022 5:08 PM

Welcome, tourists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 15, 2022 5:09 PM

Get to work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 15, 2022 5:10 PM

r485- I won't be living in fear at all. I'll just be aware of my surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 490August 15, 2022 7:50 PM

Can I have your stuff R490?

by Anonymousreply 491August 15, 2022 9:37 PM

bounce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 15, 2022 10:48 PM

The 1% speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493August 15, 2022 10:50 PM

R490 are you a fast runner?

by Anonymousreply 494August 15, 2022 11:35 PM

R489 my office has been remote since December of 2021 due to Omicron. We had been on a hybrid schedule two days a week. No one in my office wants to return especially those who take the subway. and until the city becomes safer it's going to be a great loss of revenue for stores and businesses in midtown, parking garages and the MTA.

by Anonymousreply 495August 16, 2022 2:58 AM

More bad news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 16, 2022 3:04 AM

And, R495, with fewer people coming into town to work, the more they can be replaced by the criminal element.

by Anonymousreply 497August 16, 2022 3:08 AM

NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 16, 2022 3:13 AM

and here to welcome them is the commercial R498

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 16, 2022 3:22 AM

R497 besides the proliferation of FOR LEASE signs on commercial property, I notice a large increase in homeless.

by Anonymousreply 500August 16, 2022 5:23 AM

Man 44 critically injured in yet another hit and run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 16, 2022 5:23 PM

Thatā€™s really the worst part, R497. With so many people missing, the antisocial element is allowed to run free. Thereā€™s not enough normal people to offset.

by Anonymousreply 502August 16, 2022 6:35 PM

Adams needs to focus on crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503August 17, 2022 5:15 AM

Law and disorder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504August 17, 2022 5:53 AM

Catch Release Repeat . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505August 17, 2022 5:57 AM

The inmates have taken over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506August 17, 2022 11:16 PM

Rising crime is hurting businesses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507August 17, 2022 11:17 PM

Teen crime on the rise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508August 17, 2022 11:19 PM

Shit storm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 17, 2022 11:24 PM

R502 you were saying. Chelsea residents are saying drug users are taking over their neighborhood.ā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 18, 2022 5:46 AM

more teen crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511August 18, 2022 5:48 AM

Where is the law-and-order candidate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512August 18, 2022 10:32 PM

No wonder criminals are so brazen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 19, 2022 3:56 AM

Criminal ethnics have guns and are out to cause trouble......pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 514August 19, 2022 8:32 PM

Homeless mostly minority bums being housed free in very nice hotels rented by the citys......fukd up.

by Anonymousreply 515August 19, 2022 8:35 PM

Law and disorder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516August 20, 2022 4:03 AM

Collateral damage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517August 20, 2022 4:04 AM

sound familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518August 20, 2022 4:05 AM

Train conductor punched at Canal Steet station

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 20, 2022 4:09 AM

Gang feud sparked playground murder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520August 20, 2022 4:10 AM

2 girls peppered sprayed in Harlem playground

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521August 20, 2022 4:13 AM

Another hit and run. man in critical condition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 20, 2022 4:16 AM

Sad. NY is a giant violent prison now.

by Anonymousreply 523August 20, 2022 4:21 AM

Why is that violent man in R512 out on bail???

by Anonymousreply 524August 20, 2022 4:25 AM

^ good news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 20, 2022 4:29 AM

Wtf is going on in this thread? I donā€™t have many posters blocked on here but I managed to scroll from post 387 to 524 and only see 28 posts lol. Did one poster really make 85% of the posts since then? Seems a little obsessive lmao.

by Anonymousreply 526August 20, 2022 4:31 AM

and what do you have to add R526 except your Imao?

by Anonymousreply 527August 20, 2022 4:44 AM

Quick followup, I checked my blocklist and between just two separate posters they have contributed 270 comments in this thread alone lmao. Wtf kinda damage is that? Why did NYC do to you?

by Anonymousreply 528August 20, 2022 4:54 AM

R528 you might as well ask what did Meghan Markle do to you? What did Jen and Ben do to you? Welcome to DL!

by Anonymousreply 529August 20, 2022 4:57 AM

R528, the 2 posters you blocked are brandonjoseph/aka Former New Yorker or FNY, of Weehawken. Yes, he has posted over half of this thread, as well as over 30 of the last 50 posts.

He often posts up to a dozen posts back to back.

Meth, maybe? Dementia?

by Anonymousreply 530August 20, 2022 5:36 AM

LUNAcy Man stabbed at Luna Park Coney Island

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531August 20, 2022 5:43 AM

^^^See? Can't help himself. Will start insulting us soon, and begin posting TONS of crime stats, back to back.

It's fascinating but a little sad, r526. "Obsessive" is the word for it. FNY has posted in this manner in nearly every thread involving NYC.

by Anonymousreply 532August 20, 2022 5:51 AM

it's a sign of the Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 20, 2022 6:37 AM

In broad daylight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 20, 2022 7:14 AM

I just spent a week vacationing at a small place where, because of its location in the northeast, NYC gays routinely came and went. I count ten of them. Two were really great, really good company.

by Anonymousreply 535August 20, 2022 2:19 PM

Itā€™s obvious without looking that this thread is largely the work of one person determined to highlight every NYC crime story to feed some personal obsession.

by Anonymousreply 536August 20, 2022 3:12 PM

The future of NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537August 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Overcrowding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538August 20, 2022 4:06 PM

NY needs touristšŸ’²šŸ’²šŸ’²

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539August 20, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]Itā€™s obvious without looking that this thread is largely the work of one person determined to highlight every NYC crime story to feed some personal obsession.

So, does that mean that he is making up the violent stories, or merely reporting fact?

by Anonymousreply 540August 20, 2022 9:05 PM

WTF!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541August 20, 2022 10:10 PM

Why workers want to remain remote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542August 20, 2022 10:16 PM

Scared away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543August 20, 2022 10:21 PM

What's with all the sucker punching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544August 20, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote]So, does that mean that he is making up the violent stories, or merely reporting fact?

R536 post is perfectly clear, r540 FNY/Former New Yorker. (Why are you talking about yourself in the third person now?). You obsessively report anything negative about NYC. You are responsible for over half of this thread. It is a bizarre and compulsive behavior.

Weehawken must suck if you are compelled to spend SO much time here with your crime scene stats.

by Anonymousreply 545August 21, 2022 2:06 AM

Citizens rally to end violence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546August 21, 2022 4:16 AM

Longtime Brooklyn residents are calling for more security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547August 21, 2022 4:19 AM

I, for one, am thankful for whoever is behind this thread. The city is out of control and Iā€™m sick of people from my party pretending itā€™s not.

by Anonymousreply 548August 21, 2022 12:04 PM

another stabbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 21, 2022 3:40 PM

more teen victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 21, 2022 6:00 PM

The streets are so dangerous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 21, 2022 6:02 PM

Danger on every corner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 21, 2022 6:03 PM

pedestrian woes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553August 21, 2022 6:35 PM

Essential workers paying the price

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554August 21, 2022 7:15 PM

2 sons killed in separate incidents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 21, 2022 8:37 PM

There is more crime in NYC but that has zero impact on people wanting to live here. Rents are insane and people are bribing agents 20K to get than a rent stabilized one bedroom.

I don't really understand it either.

by Anonymousreply 556August 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Are all of the street criminals in NYC black? All of the posts certainly suggest it.

by Anonymousreply 557August 21, 2022 8:51 PM

A tale of 2 cities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558August 21, 2022 9:56 PM

NY welcome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 21, 2022 9:58 PM

Some Broadway shows are offering 2 for 1 tickets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560August 21, 2022 10:39 PM

2-for-1 ticketsā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļøā¬‡ļø

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561August 21, 2022 10:41 PM

Hopefully this victim will bounce back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 22, 2022 12:32 AM

Rock bottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 22, 2022 12:34 AM

The victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 22, 2022 12:37 AM

Worker gunned down during lunch break

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 22, 2022 3:58 AM

Inmates are running the asylum. šŸ˜¢

by Anonymousreply 566August 22, 2022 4:12 AM

Top 10 markets that saw rent price growth over the past year, according to Redfin: Cincinnati, Ohio: 31% Nashville, Tennessee: 26% Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 24% New York, New York: 23% Newark, New Jersey: 23% Nassau County, New York: 23% New Brunswick, New Jersey: 23% Seattle, Washington: 22% Indianapolis, Indiana: 21% San Antonio, Texas: 21%

by Anonymousreply 567August 22, 2022 6:20 AM

Food, clothing and bilingual lawyers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568August 22, 2022 8:50 AM

More subway mayhem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569August 22, 2022 6:08 PM

Taking the clothes off your back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 22, 2022 6:41 PM

Adams is in way too over his head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 22, 2022 6:56 PM

-Inmates are running the asylum

and not just the asylum R566

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 22, 2022 7:28 PM

rocks, knives, hammers, screwdrivers and . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 22, 2022 7:31 PM

NOdega

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 22, 2022 8:19 PM

What percentage of these crimes is being committed by white people?

by Anonymousreply 575August 22, 2022 8:25 PM

It depends who you ask R575 The View would have you believe it's white people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 22, 2022 10:12 PM

City of hard knocks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 22, 2022 10:26 PM

Adams addresses the NY Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 23, 2022 5:32 AM

News to some

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 23, 2022 6:32 AM

You can never let your guard down in Manhattan. Cyclists don't use the bike lanes and pay no attention to traffic lights or pedestrians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 23, 2022 8:27 PM

Unprovoked attack unconcerned onlookers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 23, 2022 8:46 PM

Ride by robberies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582August 23, 2022 8:53 PM

Off duty police officer knocked unconscious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 24, 2022 2:59 AM

stary bullets everywhere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584August 24, 2022 3:02 AM

and more hate crimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585August 24, 2022 3:09 AM

First it was Walgreens . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 26, 2022 5:55 AM

Where will all the tourists stay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 26, 2022 6:06 AM

Where is Adams?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 26, 2022 6:11 AM

How about a congestion tax for cyclists?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 26, 2022 6:13 AM

Pepper spray. Don't leave home without it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590August 26, 2022 6:17 AM

any arguments against bail reform?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 26, 2022 6:23 AM

Not shocking anymore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592August 26, 2022 6:31 AM

are workers safe in NY anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593August 26, 2022 6:42 AM

another off-duty cop mugged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 26, 2022 6:46 AM

What a shithole. But then, you voted for them.

by Anonymousreply 595August 26, 2022 6:47 AM

Alvin Bragg: what he stands for:

Alvin Bragg uniquely understands the inequities embedded into our broken criminal justice system, and will work to reverse the effects of mass incarceration. As the next Manhattan DA, Alvin Bragg has pledged to:

Hold police accountable by creating a specialized unit to investigate police misconduct and publicly report findings.

Decline to prosecute low-level offenses for which there is no public safety benefit.

Prioritize harm-reduction strategies, including treatment for mental illness and substance use disorders.

Track racial disparities in our criminal justice system and provide training throughout the DAs office to eliminate them.

Reduce the number of guns on the streets by cracking down on gun trafficking and using outreach programs to engage communities and deter violence.

Create an independent, transparent Conviction Integrity Unit dedicated to reviewing and overturning convictions of innocent people whoā€™ve been wrongfully accused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596August 26, 2022 6:57 AM

A city, hostage to the woke.

by Anonymousreply 597August 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Weehawken denizen pointlessly fills thread with crime stats.

by Anonymousreply 598August 26, 2022 7:01 AM

Hundreds of posts, dozens back to back.

by Anonymousreply 599August 26, 2022 7:02 AM

Sad, really.

"Hoboken, I'm dyin' !"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 26, 2022 7:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!