Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Missing Gay in San Francisco

Calling DL sleuths!

What happened to 50-year-old Christopher Woitel, who went missing Jan. 9, 2021?

Apparently he took in homeless guys on occasion and became "infatuated" with one in particular named Bood, who is now a person of interest. As soon as he cut off Bood from his money and cell phone, he went missing.

Where is he???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 23, 2021 3:57 PM

Hey, Bood.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2021 12:53 AM

"In the days leading up to Woitel’s disappearance, family members said he was acting strange and paranoid — writing unusual posts on Facebook, obsessing over the D.C. Capitol riots, asking for money to replace a lost cell phone and talking about an escape to the mountains.

In texts on Jan. 8, Woitel told Haben that he had been hearing explosions outside his apartment, and that San Francisco felt increasingly “unsafe” because he feared protests by Trump supporters could spill into the city. Only hours before his family lost contact with him on Jan. 9, Woitel told Haben that a “man on a loudspeaker” passed by in a car, urging residents to “get out now.””

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2021 12:53 AM

So, he preyed on homeless guys? Good Riddance.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2021 12:53 AM

"Surveillance footage inside Woitel’s three-story apartment building at 65 Guerrero St. shows him enter his third-floor apartment on Jan. 8 at 8:38 p.m. But cameras never captured Woitel emerging from his apartment in the following days, according to a report by private investigator Scott Williams.

Police entered Woitel’s apartment a week later and, despite no footage of Woitel leaving the apartment, found no one inside, according to Williams’ report. It is unclear how Woitel left the apartment.

“There were no signs of Christopher and no signs of any foul play,” Williams wrote, noting that the chain lock on his front door was still engaged.

The only way Woitel could have left, Williams noted, was through the back door and the back steps. But Williams reviewed surveillance footage of the back steps, which captures movements at night.

Woitel was nowhere to be seen."

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2021 12:54 AM

"After Woitel’s longtime romantic partner died roughly a decade ago, Woitel coped by “taking care of people,” Haben said. “One of his big things is homeless people.”

Steve Willis, Woitel’s longtime neighbor who moved last August, said Woitel would bring food to homeless people as often as once a week. Sometimes, Willis said, Woitel would let them use his shower."

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2021 12:55 AM

"Several years ago, Woitel helped a homeless man who goes by “Bood.” At some point in the last several years, Woitel invited Bood to stay at his Guerrero Street apartment to recover from a leg injury, friends and family said. The two men developed a friendship.

It is Bood that Woitel’s circle believes is a key to solving the mystery of Woitel’s disappearance. Bood could not be reached for this story.

Over the course of their friendship, Woitel became romantically infatuated with Bood, according to Woitel’s close friend Jose Reyes, who met Woitel through friends. Although Bood did not reciprocate the attraction, Woitel often allowed Bood to spend the night at his apartment. He frequently gave Bood money and paid his phone bills, Reyes said.

Friends who observed the relationship worried it was toxic. “He would waste his bank account on whatever Bood wanted,” Reyes said, noting that friends felt the arrangement had gone too far.

“I just got this vibe from him,” Reyes said of Bood. “He would freak out when Chris didn’t get him what he wanted.”

But Woitel was allured by Bood — his burly build, dominant presence, and his affinity for Satanism and the occult, Reyes said. Reyes warned Woitel to be careful: Bood could turn on him one day."

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2021 12:56 AM

"On Jan. 7, at 9:54 p.m., less than 48 hours before Woitel went missing, surveillance footage captured Bood entering Woitel’s apartment. The next day, at 5:45 a.m., the footage shows Bood leave. He did not return, according to footage reviewed by Williams, the private detective. Between Jan. 8 and Jan. 9, there is no footage of Bood entering or leaving the apartment.

But that night, the night before Woitel went missing, Woitel messaged Bood on Facebook. Bood had been using Woitel’s Facebook account to send messages to people Bood knew.

“You fucking asshole! DONE. THAT’S IT. ENOUGH. You are on your own,” Woitel wrote to Bood. “You are far too much trouble. Phone number? Get your own. I’m not paying for you to harass people. You are an asshole. Don’t ever come here again!”

Bood did not respond. Soon after, Woitel went missing."

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Sad story because it looks like Woitel needed help himself and in that state of mind he sought companionship of a homeless dangerous person who couldn't be of any help. Bad situation only got worse. I suspect drugs might be involved as well.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2021 12:59 AM

It sounds like he was in crisis before he went missing. If he was truly paranoid about MAGA attacks, he may have holed up outside the city.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote] his(Bood) affinity for Satanism and the occult

I think this might help explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2021 1:01 AM

If you lay down with dogs.......

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2021 1:02 AM

"The most peculiar part of the case, Williams said, is footage showing Woitel entering his apartment but none of him leaving. “That’s what makes this case so strange.”"

"Hargan Nelson, Woitel’s neighbor, had another theory. He often noticed Woitel try to avoid two friends that frequently visited him at his Guerrero Street apartment — men Nelson could only describe as “funky” and “thugs from the underworld.”

“It seemed strange he would have these friends,” Nelson said.

He thought maybe Woitel was lying low and looking for a clean break. If that was the case, however, Woitel “sure did it in a spooky fashion.”"

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2021 1:02 AM

One of my friends knew the guy that's missing.

Supposedly, a homeless man in an encampment nearby said that Chris was killed and his body was thrown in the bay.

Sad. But a reminder to always give wide berth to trade.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2021 1:05 AM

Yes, the apartment security camera footage is a real mystery.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]One of my friends knew the guy that's missing. Supposedly, a homeless man in an encampment nearby said that Chris was killed and his body was thrown in the bay. Sad. But a reminder to always give wide berth to trade.

The homeless guy who said that is Bood, the prime suspect at this point. He claims to have witnessed Woitel's murder in a psychic dream, and that three other guys did it.

Did your friend tell you anything else interesting about Christopher or this case? Please share more!

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2021 1:11 AM

The Datalounge Detective Agency needs to start a "find the missing gays" fund

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2021 1:16 AM

They don't call it ROUGH trade for nothing. Will gay men never learn?????

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote] Did your friend tell you anything else interesting about Christopher or this case? Please share more!

I didn't talk to him about it, but he was one of the people helping the family publicize the disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2021 1:23 AM

I've come close TWICE to such involvements. PHEW!

glad i outgrew those fantasies

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2021 1:26 AM

All of you with "Touched by a Hobo" fantasies, please read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 1:28 AM

So why is everyone ignoring the paranoia - an obvious sign of meth. This is meth related clearly - not a homeless issue, a meth issue.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2021 1:29 AM

Death by vagrant is becoming the new death by rent boy.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2021 1:31 AM

Don’t know why police need a warrant in this situation.

If I were a family member, I’d bust down that apartment door or get a locksmith. Police can charge me with burglary, but I’m getting into that apartment.

Sadly, sounds like he got dickmatized by a murdering grifter.

Investigator says it’s really strange that missing man enters apartment but never exits. No shit, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2021 1:33 AM

the vagrants are getting emboldened by the new "hands off' policies in cities

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2021 1:33 AM

R22 = Ramon Novarro

by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] So why is everyone ignoring the paranoia - an obvious sign of meth. This is meth related clearly - not a homeless issue, a meth issue.

Possibly.

But keep in mind, Bood was posting and sending messages using Christopher's Facebook account. The paranoia could be from Bood, not Christopher.

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2021 1:35 AM

Have they checked the refrigerator?

Maybe the walls for blood splatter?

Anywhere else, there would be a smell.

(Sorry to be gruesome.)

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2021 1:38 AM

Yes, I think Bood was posting on missing man's Facebook, in order to make it appear that missing man is still alive. (When, in fact, missing man is dead.)

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2021 1:38 AM

The Bay Area has gotten weird and scary. The anger is everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2021 1:38 AM

Is there a laundry or trash shoot? Fireplace?

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2021 1:40 AM

Did anyone check the water tanks on the roof?

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2021 1:40 AM

R28 like that Gypsy Lee case, sounds right

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2021 1:41 AM

Check the water tank on the roof.

Also, dont drink hotel tap water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2021 1:42 AM

Is it possible that his apartment contained a portal to an alternate dimension?

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2021 1:44 AM

Sorry, if there's no Soft Butch Sous Chef involved, I can't help.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2021 1:46 AM

Check the big chest in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2021 1:47 AM

I had a friend that would take in a homeless guy every now and then. Yes, he had a thing for them, the younger ones. He also was familiar with mental illness as it ran in his family. I think that lowered his guard with these guys. Long story short, it never works out, he tries to be their friend but once they get cleaned up, they eventually start stealing things, drug use and other drama starts to bloom.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2021 1:48 AM

I’m surprised this case of a Yale grad student being murdered by an MIT grad isn’t being given the DL treatment. The MIT grad had words with the Yale kids (female) fiancé at a party last year. Something about this story says secret gay love affair gone wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2021 1:51 AM

Something doesn’t Bood well here

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2021 1:53 AM

Start a thread about it then, r38.

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 1:54 AM

Depression can make you vulnerable and cloud your judgment, make you feel alone and isolated, you let people in your life and put up with things you never would if you were mentally well.

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2021 1:54 AM

A demon-worshiping hobo named "Blood". What could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2021 1:55 AM

A tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote] I’m surprised this case of a Yale grad student being murdered by an MIT grad isn’t being given the DL treatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2021 1:55 AM

This news report shows the surveillance video of him going into his apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Maybe he's being held pregnant and against his will in an apartment building full of satanists!

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote]Hargan Nelson, Woitel’s neighbor, had another theory. He often noticed Woitel try to avoid two friends that frequently visited him at his Guerrero Street apartment — men Nelson could only describe as “funky” and “thugs from the underworld.”

Drug dealers?

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2021 2:05 AM

According to this, the "unhoused" friend "is allegedly wanted for aggravated assault charges in Pennsylvania.”

Somebody find out Bood's real name and get the mugshot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2021 2:08 AM

I did a Google maps search of 65 Guerrero Street (missing man's address). Not the most exciting-looking neighborhood, but not seedy-looking.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote]When Williams asked Bood what had happened to Woitel, Bood responded that he “had strong psychic abilities and had seen in his mind that Christopher had been shot in the head and wrapped in plastic before his body was dumped in the water at the end of Mariposa Street in San Francisco near an abandoned warehouse,” Williams wrote.

Um...

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2021 2:16 AM

Yeah, but then how was the body removed?

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2021 2:18 AM

Da Lin has a rather curious, breathy reporting voice.

Sad case, hopefully he had a paranoid fit, escaped the apartment somehow and will be found alive and able to be medicated and start his life again. Or some other less sinister explanation. While I don't like the odds, one can hope.

by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2021 2:20 AM

Given that its San Francisco, have they checked the SLA?

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2021 2:26 AM

Maybe he ran off with the missing gay guy from Dallas. We still haven't solved that one!

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2021 2:26 AM

he probably got addicted to crack or something and then snapped and/or just got dragged into that homeless druggie life and then got killed by a bunch of straight assholes after he attempted to stop handing them or the one dude money, drugs, booze and shelter.

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2021 2:29 AM

He looked like he was on something in the video at r45. He was putting each foot on the next step very deliberately and swaying a bit.

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2021 2:29 AM

He didn't look like he was impaired to me, just walking slowly up the stairs carrying something heavy (wine).

by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2021 2:33 AM

[quote] Is it possible that his apartment contained a portal to an alternate dimension?

You mean like a breech? Maybe he’s secretly Vibe or Breecher and went to Earth 22. How else would you explain disappearing without a trace but not leaving the apartment?

by Anonymousreply 58February 14, 2021 2:33 AM

R56, that’s just a new dance.

by Anonymousreply 59February 14, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] "could only describe as “funky” and “thugs from the underworld.”

All right, which of you bitches whacked the guy?

by Anonymousreply 60February 14, 2021 2:34 AM

Could it be the Zodiac?

by Anonymousreply 61February 14, 2021 2:35 AM

Imagine having to carry two wine bottles up a flight of stairs.

by Anonymousreply 62February 14, 2021 2:37 AM

yeah it didn't look like meth going up the stairs

by Anonymousreply 63February 14, 2021 2:38 AM

He moved a burly, violent, homeless Satanist into his home and drained his accounts to give the guy anything he wanted...and then cut him off. Do the police have any suspects?

by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2021 2:38 AM

He looks rather BUTCH. He certainly isn't a QUEEN.

by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2021 2:46 AM

Im betting homeless Satan worshipper knew there were cameras,so he killed the guy and dumped him out the window . Then he got some friends to come back later and help him move the body . The victim was nice looking,pity he felt like he couldnt do better than a psycho "unhoused" person. Im guessing Satan boy is much younger too .

by Anonymousreply 66February 14, 2021 2:46 AM

Would homeless men be so savvy. They’re nuts afterall

by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2021 2:51 AM

Harbinger took him to participate in the Crisis On Infinite Earths!

by Anonymousreply 68February 14, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote] Would homeless men be so savvy. They’re nuts afterall

Way to paint the home-challenged with a broad brush stroke. It’s like saying all gays are promisqueious. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 69February 14, 2021 2:58 AM

don't use "home challenged " EVER again you fool!

Good grief

by Anonymousreply 70February 14, 2021 3:06 AM

I'm promisqueious!

by Anonymousreply 71February 14, 2021 3:07 AM

I love people who think closed circuit TV will solve everything. It doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 72February 14, 2021 3:11 AM

I knew a girl who had a promisqueious-cell carcinoma removed from her forehead.

Then she died.

by Anonymousreply 73February 14, 2021 3:18 AM

Does the building have a fire escape? Could he have vacated by window?

by Anonymousreply 74February 14, 2021 3:21 AM

Can you read R74? If so, did you read the article? If so, you can answer your questions.

by Anonymousreply 75February 14, 2021 3:22 AM

r24 must be a Republican. There's no "hands off" policing. People still get arrested all the time

by Anonymousreply 76February 14, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] The only way Woitel could have left, Williams noted, was through the back door and the back steps. But Williams reviewed surveillance footage of the back steps, which captures movements at night.

"...which captures movements at night."

Does this mean the back steps camera does NOT catch movements during the daytime? If so, then Chris could've left by the back steps during the daytime and not been seen on camera leaving. And he may have gone to meet Bood and the other men who killed him.

by Anonymousreply 77February 14, 2021 3:52 AM

I'm getting a strong "As Good As It Gets" vibe here.

I think the one hobo had his four friend hobos kill him--just like he said.

by Anonymousreply 78February 14, 2021 3:53 AM

We need pics of Bood to see what kind of seductive hold he had on Chris.

by Anonymousreply 79February 14, 2021 3:56 AM

Good grief - you should never feed homeless or have sex with then. Big mistake. BIG mistake.

by Anonymousreply 80February 14, 2021 3:59 AM

It's really sad. They say he suffered from depression, and he clearly, like a lot of people, channeled that into helping others. When you feel like that, you don't want others to feel the same. Perhaps he identified with the feelings that could lead to someone becoming homeless if their depression gets totally out of hand.

And perhaps this generosity ended up getting him killed. Poor bugger. He sounds like he was a really sweet guy and easy to take advantage of too.

A guy I met years ago told me he had this 20-something Russian guy living with him. The Russian guy would wander around shirtless a lot, and roughhouse with this guy, but wasn't interested sexually. But the undercurrent I got there was the Russian guy may have wanted help with staying in the country and thought this may be his best bet? It was unsaid, but it came across like that. Apparently once the Russian gave this guy a handjob, and it was really rough and clearly done with anger because he didn't want to be doing it, so the guy told me he never asked again.

I stayed in touch with this guy and a few years ago he told me he was in AA and sobering up and getting his life back on track. The Russian had long gone.

Some guys get themselves into these situations due to their own problems. My friend wasn't killed thankfully, but you could see how meeting the wrong guy could go wrong very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2021 4:01 AM

"Promisqueious" is now my drag name.

by Anonymousreply 82February 14, 2021 4:04 AM

This is why I never ever help anybody. Just leave me alone! You're not getting one cent from me! Scram!!!

by Anonymousreply 83February 14, 2021 4:07 AM

If you let a homeless person into your life, give them money and a cellphone, you are asking for trouble. I feel bad for his family but he sounds self-destructive.

by Anonymousreply 84February 14, 2021 4:10 AM

I mean, you can give them money and an old cell phone (so they can call their family or social services), BUT don't let them know where you live. Or let them into your house.

Geez.

by Anonymousreply 85February 14, 2021 4:14 AM

This particularly applies if the homeless person is a Satanic worshipper.

by Anonymousreply 86February 14, 2021 4:14 AM

This thread is MUCH more interesting than the Cecil doc I’m watching...

by Anonymousreply 87February 14, 2021 4:22 AM

Give them carfare, a ham at Easter, but for God's sake, don't hang out with them!

by Anonymousreply 88February 14, 2021 4:33 AM

I used to trick with a Czech guy who would ask for money. He always wanted to use my shower first and kept saying over and over again how my apartment could hold more people, like he was imagining himself in it.. He completely creeped me out. His name was Bood.

by Anonymousreply 89February 14, 2021 4:35 AM

Mother, may I sleep with danger?

by Anonymousreply 90February 14, 2021 4:37 AM

[quote] kept saying over and over again how my apartment could hold more people

That’s actually funny if it weren’t creepy.

by Anonymousreply 91February 14, 2021 4:42 AM

I has anyone considered the possibility that Bood was a ghost?

by Anonymousreply 92February 14, 2021 4:57 AM

He is in NYC revenge killing the homeless.

by Anonymousreply 93February 14, 2021 5:05 AM

No good deed goes unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 94February 14, 2021 6:59 AM

Does anyone know Woitel's facial skin regimen, or products? His skin looks amazing in that photo. If he's gone (RIP), could we ask the psychic?

by Anonymousreply 95February 14, 2021 10:40 AM

Are they sure the guy coming in on the 8th is Woitel? It's good video but he is in a hat and mask and hard to see. I wish we had a photo of Bood to see if he could have passed himself off as Woitel if he had the same clothes, hat, glasses etc.

by Anonymousreply 96February 14, 2021 11:10 AM

Now I’m creeped out: I live 2 blocks away from this guy on same street. You never know what’s lurking in your own ‘hood.

by Anonymousreply 97February 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Now what

by Anonymousreply 98February 14, 2021 11:55 AM

R96- My impression as well. I did not recognize the man in the video with the picture in the article. Anyone of the same height could have impersonated him, imo. Does anyone know how old the picture of him is? I know meth and also depression dramatically alter one's appearance, however it would not be too difficult to impersonate him.

by Anonymousreply 99February 14, 2021 12:50 PM

My ex spent our last few years together convincing my bleeding-heart self that we needed to rent out one of our spare rooms. Always gay, younger, in some state of duress, in some stage of recovery. Always willing to give you the rent in cash the next time they got paid. I've often wondered, in the years I've been gone, when I will hear that his various body parts washed up on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 100February 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Satan worshipping is practically like being Presbyterian in the Bay Area. You're making too much of it.

by Anonymousreply 101February 14, 2021 1:00 PM

R95 His face has probably been eaten off now so I wouldn’t bother.

by Anonymousreply 102February 14, 2021 1:14 PM

When I met my husband, he had been very lonely for about 10 years. Isolated and grieving for his first spouse, who sadly committed suicide . He had many friends from years ago in this neighborhood. However, meth decimated this area and once productive members of society were now junkies living on the streets. These ppl were robbing him blind. They even stole his toilet paper, I kid you not. My immediate feeling was they were planning on drugging him or actually killing him in order to cash his checks, live in his home, and drive his car. Just take over his life and possessions. Needless to say I forbid them from ever entering his home again and encouraged him to get treatment for depression. I kicked them out and refused to allow them in his home. Ever. Mama bear, lol. But it took 2 years before they stopped trying to persuade him to allow them back in. I had to give him an ultimatum, them or me. He still felt they could be helped. No, love, they are beyond that now. Animalistic. He is a very kind man. Very tender hearted. He was also extremely lonley. He rembered how they once were and it broke his heart. You can not help these ppl. You can not. They will kill you. They do not appreciate your kindness, they hate you for having more than they do and for refusing to engage in drug use with them. The person they once were is dead and gone forever. There are many here who are kind and tenderhearted. Please do not put yourself in danger this way. These meth-zombies now walk the streets in a drug induced psychosis. Talking to imaginary ppl. They are nightmare inducing and so, so dangerous. Meth damage is unlike anything I have ever encountered, and that is saying a lot. Just no, dears, just no.

by Anonymousreply 103February 14, 2021 1:34 PM

Maybe he got hungry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Is this the part of Guerrero by Kentucky Fried Chicken? Rats rats rats.

by Anonymousreply 105February 14, 2021 2:21 PM

R105: Yes directly across the street from that nasty KFC.

by Anonymousreply 106February 14, 2021 2:38 PM

The surveillance camera footage prove nothing in this instance.

Anyone move large boxes or at all in that building recently ?

The building has two entrances and the camera positioned at the other entrance is only engaged at nite?

by Anonymousreply 107February 14, 2021 2:59 PM

Has anyone checked the bathtub? 𝓜𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰

by Anonymousreply 108February 14, 2021 3:42 PM

R108, I was thinking that too. I think he dismembered the body and somehow got it out once it was more "manageable" in pieces.

by Anonymousreply 109February 14, 2021 3:49 PM

They kept his body in the bathtub for nearly two weeks before dismembering and dumping the parts. They partied there, slept, ate. Can you even imagine that?

by Anonymousreply 110February 14, 2021 3:58 PM

Sorry, R109. The smell! How could they endure it? Depraved.

by Anonymousreply 111February 14, 2021 4:02 PM

Is the bathtub slightly corroded?

by Anonymousreply 112February 14, 2021 4:03 PM

Hiding bodies in walls has been done many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2021 4:14 PM

Bad link. Stuffed in a container and tucked inside a false wall in the basement of the home JoAnn Nichols shared with her husband in upstate New York, her body was inevitably whittled away by time.

A skeleton was all that was left when a contractor stumbled upon her remains last week, after nearly three decades hidden from the world.

Ms. Nichols’s identity was confirmed on Monday through dental records, partly answering the riddle of what became of a well-liked first-grade teacher who disappeared a few days before Christmas in 1985.

She never left her home in Poughkeepsie. She was most likely killed there, buried there and forgotten there.

by Anonymousreply 114February 14, 2021 4:15 PM

Did the man in the video look AA to anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 115February 14, 2021 4:20 PM

Can’t you race-baiters just give it a rest?

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2021 4:57 PM

Something sort of similar happened in SF in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2021 5:47 PM

R116 Really? We are discussing the fact that the person in the video looks nothing like the missing man. He could have murdered. How is calling a person in a video AA racist?

by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2021 6:01 PM

Thanks r117, I remember that. Apparently the case is still unsolved.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2021 9:42 PM

I hope they find him but if not when does his apartment go on the market?

by Anonymousreply 120February 14, 2021 9:53 PM

It's never a good idea to get whacked on drugs to the point of paranoia and hallucinations, or to piss of a dangerous man who has nothing to lose. And this guy seems to have gotten whacked on drugs AND pissed off a dangerous man with nothing to lose!

by Anonymousreply 121February 15, 2021 12:36 AM

R120: I live a block from him and there are a lot of empty apartments all over SF now due to the pandemic. In my building alone there are 8 to 10 vacancies sitting empty.

by Anonymousreply 122February 15, 2021 12:46 AM

I miss Bood.

by Anonymousreply 123February 15, 2021 2:34 AM

R122, are they dropping the rents yet?

Because if they do, you could apply for one of the empty, lower-priced apartments in your building, and still save money on moving.

by Anonymousreply 124February 15, 2021 3:43 AM

No activity on the missing's bank card.

If he was ripped off, his cc are not being used.

by Anonymousreply 125February 15, 2021 4:17 AM

I haven’t read this whole thread yet so please forgive me if it’s already been mentioned, but this story reminds me of the case of Adam Hecht, profiled on Unsolved Mysteries in early 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 16, 2021 12:16 AM

R126, I don't think Tony killed Adam. Some people who are going crazy start picking up bad friends on their way down.

by Anonymousreply 127February 16, 2021 1:46 AM

Was it ever “confirmed” that Tony was going crazy, R127? I got the feeling he was going gay. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part because the actor portraying him on UM was hot, and I myself have a bit of a hobo fetish.

by Anonymousreply 128February 16, 2021 2:04 AM

R128, not confirmed, but this guy with the 2019 "update" (spoiler: Tony is still alive and wondering the area) seems to think he ran away from his life because of depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 16, 2021 3:55 AM

^^^Seems to think Adam just ran away from his life. Tony, the homeless guy, is still alive and wondering around in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 130February 16, 2021 3:56 AM

Maybe this guy did too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 16, 2021 4:25 AM

R49 I don't know how you can come to that conclusion. Noe Valley is a very nice neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 132February 16, 2021 5:01 AM

They found the guy last night somewhere in his apartment building. Dead. 🤷🏼‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 133February 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Since r133 didn't:

[quote]Christopher Woitel, a 50-year-old Mission District resident who had been missing for more than a month, was found dead in his apartment building on Guerrero and Market streets on Monday, according to his family.

[quote]“Today, the San Francisco Police Department and the Medical Examiner notified us that they have located Chris,” the family said through Mark Guarino, a childhood friend of Woitel’s who has been acting as a spokesman.

[quote]“It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you of Chris’ passing,” they added. “Please help us by preserving Chris’ legacy in your memories. Thank you for your love and caring support through these very difficult times.”

[quote]The cause of Woitel’s death is unclear as an autopsy is pending, Guarino said. Also unclear is where inside the apartment building police found Woitel’s body. Woitel entered his apartment on the night of Jan. 8, but surveillance footage never captured him leaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 16, 2021 2:51 PM

Sorry to hear this. I had a feeling they would find him in the walls. Just do not understand why no one smelled anything.

by Anonymousreply 135February 16, 2021 3:00 PM

Ugh! The poor neighbors. I hope it wasn't the water tank!

by Anonymousreply 136February 16, 2021 3:13 PM

R136 made me lol. 😸

by Anonymousreply 137February 16, 2021 3:16 PM

We just thought it was a mannequin!

by Anonymousreply 138February 16, 2021 3:23 PM

ugh what is a month old corpse like?

by Anonymousreply 139February 16, 2021 3:29 PM

That's quite sad. Poor bloke.

May you rest peacefully, Mr. Woitel.

by Anonymousreply 140February 16, 2021 3:29 PM

might he have been a DL 'er? NO way to know i guess. Probably this was too low tech for him being in the field

by Anonymousreply 141February 16, 2021 3:34 PM

How did he get into the walls?

by Anonymousreply 142February 16, 2021 5:01 PM

Was he hiding behind the walls like Bad Ronald?

by Anonymousreply 143February 16, 2021 5:09 PM

Where does it say anything about finding him in a wall?

by Anonymousreply 144February 16, 2021 5:39 PM

How was he "found" in his own apartment after being missing a month?

Did nobody look?

by Anonymousreply 145February 16, 2021 5:47 PM

Yes, someone in his family and LE searched the apt. Not very damn well, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 146February 16, 2021 5:49 PM

"He was under the coffee table the whole time!"

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2021 5:58 PM

The first comment to the article posted in r134 indicated the body was found in the attic. Many buildings have a space for HVAC, not really an attic, but enough room to hide a body.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2021 6:04 PM

And the police said it couldn't be Bood because he couldn't have carried him out of the place with that injured leg of his...

(Does anyone know if Bood rhymes with wood, blood, or booed?)

by Anonymousreply 149February 16, 2021 6:12 PM

R148 That is so sad, found in the attic? That sounds like foul play. You usually don't just crawl up into an attic and die willingly.

by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Did someone check the cabins by the lake? He and Naya could be held there together at gun point! Please check the cabins!

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2021 7:33 PM

Let this be a lesson to all your DLers. Here is a man who wasn’t bad looking, educated, and yet he spent all his time picking up rough trade. I am sure many stable gay men expressed interest in him, but he thought they were “too gay”.

Live by Str8 cock, die by Str8 cock.

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2021 7:36 PM

That's such a sloppy work of LE. They had no video evidence of him leaving his house and it took them that long to figure out he was there all along. Maybe he got stabbed by someone and try to hide in the attic but then bled to death? Most likely suspect would be the limping hobo.

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] Maybe he got stabbed by someone and try to hide in the attic but then bled to death?

I pity the fool who thinks a human can bleed to death on a 1/2 sheet of drywall without it showing on the ceiling of someone's apartment.

by Anonymousreply 154February 16, 2021 7:53 PM

^1/2 inch

by Anonymousreply 155February 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Don't all California homeless have "Obama" phones? Which are old refurbished smartphones with a few free talk minutes a month. Why would the guy need a phone?

What were the circumstances of his being homeless? Why would a POI in a strange disappearance not have his face plastered all over the media? Weird case.

by Anonymousreply 156February 16, 2021 7:59 PM

R153, exactly. Sloppy work is putting it mildly. We have a missing gay man and the likely suspect is homeless guy. NOT a priority for the police, who are are USELESS as the DA.

Same story all the way south to San Jose.. ‘Probably’ true in the East Bay too. Some people just don’t matter.

Yes, this guy obviously put himself in some harms way, but he sure didn’t deserve to die and he sure didn’t deserve to rot for a month in the building.

by Anonymousreply 157February 16, 2021 8:01 PM

The police know where he is and how to find him. He's been questioned multiple times. Why would they need to plaster his face?

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2021 8:01 PM

I think the guy committed suicide and was found hanged in the attic or basement. The family's comments sound resigned rather than vengeful.

by Anonymousreply 159February 16, 2021 8:58 PM

The PI claims to have checked the attic.

[quote]In his report obtained by the Daily News, the private investigator, Scott Williams, said a building manager entered Woitel’s unit with a locksmith and San Francisco Police Department officers on Jan. 16, and Woitel was nowhere to be found.

[quote]Williams said he personally checked the attic space above Woitel’s unit through an opening in the ceiling inside his bathroom on Feb. 1.

[quote]“There were no signs anyone had been up in the large attic space,” he wrote in the report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 16, 2021 9:24 PM

R160 this is really weird. Could Woitel have been in someone else's apt and then they stuffed him in the attic?

by Anonymousreply 161February 16, 2021 9:30 PM

Local, more accurate reporting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 16, 2021 9:37 PM

He's decomposing from inside the house!

by Anonymousreply 163February 16, 2021 11:58 PM

R148 That commenter doesn't seem to know where the body was found. It seems more like she jumped to that conclusion about the attic. Nothing in the article supports it and she doesn't cite any other source.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2021 12:13 AM

Hey guys, read the damn article at R134:

[quote] Christopher Woitel, a 50-year-old Mission District resident who had been missing for more than a month, was found dead in his apartment building on Guerrero and Market streets on Monday, according to his family.

[quote] Over the course of a month, police, the building manager, and private investigator searched Woitel’s apartment and did not find him inside, so it is unlikely police found Woitel inside his apartment on Monday.

Found dead in his "apartment building." Doesn't mean found dead in his apartment unit. Maybe in a common area, a fire stairwell, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2021 2:22 AM

^ That's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2021 2:32 AM

How does a dead body in a common area go for a month without being discovered?

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2021 2:58 AM

He died in Bood’s arms. Now I like strange from the streets, who doesn’t? But a city girl needs to be careful and a career girl needs to watch her own! At her age and experience she never not once thought “Hmm, Bood might kill me..” ??!!

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2021 3:03 AM

Is the Caulfield Agency still around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2021 3:04 AM

I'm glad for his family that they found his body. Better than missing person for decades.

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2021 3:06 AM

R168- But Bood is so spiritual! 👺

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] Hey guys, read the damn article at [R134]:

Hey r165 aka Reading is Fundamental, I guess you missed all the comments from people wondering if he was in the water tank, someone else's apartment, the basement, etc.

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Bood had taken Chris's cellphone before he went missing, so Bood was probably the one making all the paranoid Facebook posts under Chris's account.

Chris was last SEEN on Jan. 8 on building surveillance.

Bood was caught on surveillance entering and exiting the building a couple times after Chris was last seen.

On Jan. 9 Chris (supposedly) made comments on Facebook and texted people that he was escaping to the mountains. I think he was already dead by then, and Bood made those comments to account for Chris "disappearing."

Bood's "psychic dream" story to the private dick about Chris being "killed for his computers" was an attempt to shift blame onto some non-existent perpetrators and lead search efforts AWAY from the apartment building where Chris's body actually was found.

So far Bood looks good for murdering Chris but his motive isn't clear: Chris's bank accounts were untouched and Bood continued living in a homeless camp instead of Chris's apartment. All he appears to have taken from Chris is his phone, which he already had in his possession while Chris was alive.

Did Bood kill Chris accidentally in a tussle over the cell phone? Or on purpose in a fit of rage?

Was anything valuable missing from Chris's apartment? The news reports don't say. In fact there are probably several things the cops, the family and their P.I. aren't telling the news for fear of harming the investigation.

Bood, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 173February 17, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote]How does a dead body in a common area go for a month without being discovered?

Because the building is super ghetto and reeked already?

by Anonymousreply 174February 17, 2021 6:08 PM

One of the homeless guys he helped--who now has a normal life--wrote a nice post about how Woitel helped him turn his life around.

by Anonymousreply 175February 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Funny, someone upthread talked about "check the cistern" - they were after all, kinda sorta right - he was there in the building

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2021 10:34 PM

Can we have photos of Bood please?

by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2021 10:40 PM

So I live a block from this guy’s building, and as I walked by there today I was surprised there was no police tape or anything indicating that a corpse was just found there.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote]So I live a block from this guy’s building, and as I walked by there today I was surprised there was no police tape or anything indicating that a corpse was just found there.

Some homeless person probably stole it.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2021 11:18 PM

. In late January, Bood wrote on Facebook that he knew Woitel was dead — that he had been “jumped and robbed for his computers.”

Sounds like a confession.

Interesting how the cops bungled this

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2021 11:24 PM

Armchair detective is certain the cops bungled this! Without really knowing anything about the case

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Wouldn't the attic to the apartment be a place investigators would check early-on? Such negligence needs explained.

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2021 11:34 PM

They reviewed footage that indicated he never left the building, why weren't cadaver dogs called in right away?

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2021 11:48 PM

I am the Part 8 thread for this discussion

by Anonymousreply 184February 18, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote]Update, Feb. 17: Police said Wednesday they discovered the body of Christopher Woitel in a “three-foot crawl space” above his bathroom inside his residence, as they searched the apartment on Feb. 15.

[quote]“Personnel from the San Francisco Fire Department arrived and needed to cut a hole in the ceiling in order to retrieve Mr. Woitel’s remains,” police said in a news release. “Investigators determined that Mr. Woitel likely accessed the crawl space from the roof of the building and not from inside his apartment.”

[quote]It’s unclear how Woitel died; the results of an autopsy are pending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 18, 2021 1:13 PM

I wonder if they've searched Alan's crawl space too?

Might be an idea before the new purchasers move in.

RIP Crawler Chris.

by Anonymousreply 186February 18, 2021 1:17 PM

Another Elisa Lam type case. Paranoid delusions and hiding from something that didn't exist except in their head.

by Anonymousreply 187February 18, 2021 1:17 PM

It sounds as if he killed himself, then. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 188February 18, 2021 1:40 PM

Suicide or accidental death?

by Anonymousreply 189February 18, 2021 1:42 PM

He killed himself and then stuffed himself in a 3 foot crawlspace?

by Anonymousreply 190February 18, 2021 1:47 PM

Ahhh I see

Thanks for explaining R190

by Anonymousreply 191February 18, 2021 1:54 PM

I'm guessing since he was paranoid, he went into the crawlspace to hide, then died of dehydration, starvation, or some combination thereof.

by Anonymousreply 192February 18, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote] “Investigators determined that Mr. Woitel likely accessed the crawl space from the roof of the building and not from inside his apartment.”

Maybe he entered that crawl space on his own accord.

by Anonymousreply 193February 18, 2021 2:49 PM

The autopsy will determine whether he was murdered or his own actions caused his death.

by Anonymousreply 194February 18, 2021 2:58 PM

^ So Bood isn't out of the woods yet.

by Anonymousreply 195February 18, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote]The San Francisco Medical Examiner's Office is investigating the case. No cause of death has been released, but police say foul play is not suspected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196February 18, 2021 5:11 PM

Sounds like a drug overdose.

by Anonymousreply 197February 18, 2021 5:13 PM

^Sounds so, led to weird, paranoid behavior.

Suicide? Why in a crawl space?

by Anonymousreply 198February 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Yeah, seems odd to commit suicide and purposely end up in a crawl space. I realize this guy must have been suffering emotionally, but it seems thoughtless to put your family through that (searching the building for a dead body).

by Anonymousreply 199February 18, 2021 5:29 PM

Not suicide - accidental death due to paranoia. Just like Elisa Lam ending up in a water tank.

by Anonymousreply 200February 18, 2021 5:31 PM

Drug induced phychosis from meth? I wonder if he got himself trapped/stuck in there? Very sad no matter the cause. It is too much to hope for, but if ever we needed national health/mental coverage and services it is now.

by Anonymousreply 201February 18, 2021 8:24 PM

Hopefully the autopsy will show whether he went into the crawlspace and died of dehydration or an overdose, or whether he was killed and stuffed in there.

by Anonymousreply 202February 18, 2021 8:53 PM

How does the stench of a rotting corpse not alert after 3 days?

by Anonymousreply 203February 18, 2021 9:05 PM

This. ☝️☝️

by Anonymousreply 204February 19, 2021 9:58 AM

There are other examples of bodies that weren't found for days - remember the one about the woman who got stuck behind a dresser?

by Anonymousreply 205February 19, 2021 6:34 PM

Cross reference to thread on the dangers of meth.

by Anonymousreply 206February 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Any pictures of his ass, so we can determine wether he could live forever or not?

by Anonymousreply 207February 19, 2021 9:47 PM

His eyes look weird in OP's picture. Like those cheap painted on dolls eyes.

by Anonymousreply 208February 19, 2021 9:49 PM

Meth eyes R208, that is what his eyes remind me of. Ppl I have seen who have been on meth for a while. That stuff takes the light right out of their eyes, as does depression. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 209February 19, 2021 9:59 PM

Maybe he crawled up there to hide from Bood and then died from some sort of overdose. I just cant believe the ineptitude of the police for somehow overlooking a grown mans fucking body !

by Anonymousreply 210February 19, 2021 10:37 PM

Cops fucked this investigation up.

by Anonymousreply 211February 19, 2021 11:50 PM

Was a filter used when this pic was taken? His face looks unusually smooth and wax-like.

by Anonymousreply 212February 20, 2021 12:14 AM

I think 'smooth and wax-like' appearance is sweat after hiking on a very windy day.

by Anonymousreply 213February 23, 2021 12:12 AM

This is similar to the young woman who was psychotic and jumped in the Cecil Hotel water tanks. They never thought to check those tanks until the intrepid British tourists complained - after drinking the water - of its smell and brown color.

by Anonymousreply 214February 23, 2021 12:37 AM

It’s similar to this story where a body lay in a stairwell that hadn’t been searched for two weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 23, 2021 4:37 AM

Hide and Seek gone horribly, horribly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 216February 23, 2021 5:09 AM

I’m guessing murder. For a computer or something.

by Anonymousreply 217February 23, 2021 5:17 AM

The crawl space is not in the apartment. It seems to be in the attic, or not even there - maybe a space between building and roof. I'm not sure the cops fucked up if they didn't know about the existence of this crawl space with does not show in the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 218February 23, 2021 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!