Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL, tell me about Laurie Anderson

Have you ever met her in person?

I've known a couple of people who've met her and they only had lovely things to say. But I also know someone who claims she is nuts, and that a lot of the "stories" she tells about her life during her performances are either highly fabricated or out-and-out lies.

She's dated Andy Kaufman and Peter Gabriel, and she married Lou Reed.

Anyone got the inside scoop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 4:21 AM

I loathe her "music."

I remember being in college and hearing "O Superman" on the local radio station constantly.

I nearly lost my mind with the ongoing "Ah...ah...ah...ah...ah...ah...ah..."

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Paging Mr. Sharkey, white courtesy telephone please.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Only lunatics wear their hair like that.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 8:42 PM

~ ~~~~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 8:54 PM

~~~~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 8:55 PM

Thanks r4

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 10:43 PM

I'd love to know more about whether her life stories are true or not (or somewhere in between), because they are really fascinating. Not so completely out there that they couldn't be true, but also you could imagine them being fabricated or at least expanded upon, to put it nicely.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 1:35 AM

Cunt, cunt of the ultimate cuntitude..don't get me started!

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 1:57 AM

One of my college professors loved her and showed us a video of hers. It seemed very very 80s, like the movie Mannequin

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 3:05 AM

I liked her music in the '80s. It seemed fresh and original.

From everything I've read about her, though, she comes across as rather unpleasant, personally.

As did not surprise me at all.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 4:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!