Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Violent MAGA and Proud Boys RIOTS and TERRORIST ATTACK in the Capitol - PART 4

Please fill up the previous thread before posting here. Previous thread below.

Also, heard from the Dump WH: “Does anyone here know Morse code?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Listen to this bitch whine. It's delicious.

[quote]People who broke into the Capitol Wednesday are now learning they are on No-Fly lists pending the full investigation. They are not happy about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 1:27 AM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 1:31 AM

One of the worst pieces of footage to come out earlier today. I wish we had confirmation on the officer’s identity and a status update on their condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 1:34 AM

“Does anyone here know Morse code?”

Um, wat?

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 1:35 AM

R4, that’s evil!!

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 1:37 AM

Just a bunch of protesters getting some energy out. Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 1:51 AM

Was Trump hoping his supporters would be killed, making them martyrs to him? He sent them there - the lack of police was startling, but did Trump think a massive police presence be there and be FORCED to shot these crazy people?

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 1:52 AM

I sez it’s mah country and I meanz it, too. And I can take back mah country, fuck it, and kill it if I wants too!

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 1:54 AM

Governor Schwarzenegger's Message Following this Week's Attack on the Capitol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 1:56 AM

R1 I love how the big brave MAGA dude turns into a whining crying bitch. Snowflake!

I imagine the progression to be something like this:

Tuesday: We are going to fuck some shit up tomorrow! We're going to take back our country and execute some Democrats, and Pence!

Wednesday: Let's go! Get'em! Hit that cop in the head with a fire extinguisher! Fuck Da Po-lice!

Friday: I need to get on the plane to go home! Sniffle. I 'm not a terrorist, I'm a patriot! Sob. It isn't fair that there should be consequences for my actions! Sob, It's not fair! Blubbering and wordless whining.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 2:03 AM

Where do I buy one of those "Fuck Your Feelings" t-shirt?

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 2:07 AM

r10:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 2:08 AM

“This is what they DO TO IS!”

I’m just - I am literally [italic]bathed[/italic] in the irony.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 2:11 AM

Guy with an assault rifle wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2021 2:30 AM

They're planning shit for the 16th and 17th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2021 2:36 AM

R15 They’re like a hemorrhoid that won’t quit, only dangerous and deadly.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2021 2:41 AM

AP reviewed the records and social media accounts of all the people arrested. And, whaddaya know? They're all rabid Trump supporters. Many are QAnon followers. None are antifa. Shock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] Roughly 6,200 members of the National Guard from six states — Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland — will help support Capitol Police and other law enforcement in Washington for the next 30 days, The Associated Press has reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2021 2:43 AM

From Icculus the Brave:

[quote]Update on Jenna Ryan, the Texas real estate broker that took the private jet to DC:

Down the thread you can find a tweet with Jenna's video talking about her plans to break windows at the capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2021 2:45 AM

From the previous thread:

[quote]The officer who committed suicide was the son of a long time senate sargeant at arms who become an ally of Paul manafort.

Oh shit, Liebengood's dad was THE Liebengood of Gold & Liebengood! They were a far-right lobbyist group who merged with Roger Stone's and Paul Manafort's lobbying firm, the infamous Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly, in 1996.

Something tells me the now-dead Howard Liebengood Jr., the son of a notorious Stone and Manafort ally, decided to suicide rather than stick around and get asked some uncomfortable questions about the coup.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2021 2:47 AM

AP: [bold] The unfolding of ‘home-grown fascism’ in Capitol assault[/bold]

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under battle flags bearing Donald Trump’s name, the Capitol’s attackers pinned a bloodied police officer in a doorway, his twisted face and screams captured on video. They mortally wounded another officer with a blunt weapon and body-slammed a third over a railing into the crowd.

“Hang Mike Pence!” the insurrectionists chanted as they pressed inside, beating police with pipes. They demanded House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s whereabouts, too. They hunted any and all lawmakers: “Where are they?” Outside, makeshift gallows stood, complete with sturdy wooden steps and the noose. Guns and pipe bombs had been stashed in the vicinity.

[continued at link]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2021 2:49 AM

At least 25 people are under investigation for terrorism, including cops and members of the military

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2021 3:46 AM

How many members of Congress are under investigation?

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2021 4:08 AM

R22 Have you created a thread?

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2021 4:14 AM

Paul Manafort's event-planning company, Event Strategies, organized the rally.

[bold]Pro-Trump dark money groups organized the rally that led to deadly Capitol Hill riot[/bold]

. . .

From Jan. 2 through Jan. 5, organizers were involved with setting up lighting, tents, flooring, bike racks, chairs and decor, all for Trump’s speech on Jan. 6. The listed production vendor was Event Strategies, a company that was founded by Tim Unes. On the company website, Unes is credited with producing Trump’s 2015 “campaign announcement tour” and later joined the campaign as a deputy director of advance.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]From Jan. 2 through Jan. 5, organizers were involved with setting up lighting, tents, flooring, bike racks, chairs and decor, all for Trump’s speech on Jan. 6. The listed production vendor was Event Strategies, a company that was founded by Tim Unes. On the company website, Unes is credited with producing Trump’s 2015 “campaign announcement tour” and later joined the campaign as a deputy director of advance. - Venture Capital

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2021 4:17 AM

"Stop the Steal" organizer in hiding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2021 4:18 AM

R22 Nm. I just did.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2021 4:19 AM

R19 That Jenna person is your standard MAGA hypocrite. It says "lover of Law & Order" on her Twitter profile, but then she's publicly fantasizing about breaking windows and infiltrating the Capitol. The hypocrisy is what does my head in.

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2021 4:21 AM

Again, I suspect it's ass covering, but Steven Sund, Chief of the Capitol Police, says he asked the House Sgt at Arms to have the National Guard on standby and was refused by the DoD.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy sort of confirms this, saying the DoD was never asked for support prior to Jan 6th.

The question I have is whether the House Sgt at Arms was the only person who could have requested the National Guard be on standby or not. Remember, the DoD actually APPROVED the DC mayor's request to deploy the National Guard a few days before the 6th -- I can't link to it but see the CNN article "Pentagon approves DC mayor's request to deploy National Guard" from 6 days ago.

Was this a trap, then? She was told she could deploy the Guard to give her a false sense of security, then denied, then the Capitol police were also denied the ability to deploy them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2021 4:39 AM

Of course I completely believe this happened. It's no surprise.

Yet, I'm still amazed it's happening. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2021 4:40 AM

NY Times also publishing details now. Looks like people are starting to go on the record. If anyone has a sub they can post more:

WASHINGTON — Huddled in a command center on Wednesday afternoon, Mayor Muriel Bowser of Washington and her aides saw a photograph of blood stains on the temporary grandstands at the Capitol, a makeshift structure built for the inauguration of a new president in two weeks.

The enormity of the deadly failure sank in.

Rioters had broken through the thin police line on the Capitol steps and were descending on hundreds of lawmakers conducting the ceremonial, quadrennial act of certifying the presidential vote — and the mayor and her aides were not able to stop the attack.

Ms. Bowser and her police chief called the Pentagon, asking for additional D.C. National Guard troops to be mobilized to support what officials were realizing was inadequate protection at the Capitol. But they were told that the request would first have to come from the Capitol Police.

In a call to Chief Steven Sund of the Capitol Police, they learned that his force was under siege, lawmakers were being rushed to safety, and rioters were overrunning anyone in authority. He kept repeating the same phrase: “The situation is dire.”

Cutting through the cross talk, one person on the call posed a blunt question: “Chief Sund, are you requesting National Guard troops on the grounds of the Capitol?”

There was a pause.

“Yes,” Chief Sund replied, “I am.”

Yet the Capitol Police and the city’s Metropolitan Police had rebuffed offers days before for more help from the National Guard beyond a relatively modest contingent to provide traffic control, so no additional troops had been placed on standby. It took just over four hours for them to arrive.

It was just one failure in a dizzying list that day — and during the weeks leading up to it — that resulted in the first occupation of the United States Capitol since British troops set the building ablaze during the War of 1812. But the death and destruction this time was caused by Americans, rallying behind the inflammatory language of an American president, who refused to accept the will of more than 81 million other Americans who had voted him out of office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2021 4:46 AM

An observer, Terry Bouton, posted a long Twitter thread about things he and his wife observed Wednesday. Here are a few tweets:

[quote]4) There were also no clear crowd rules imposed for Stop the Steal like there were for all the other protests we have attended. All of the “liberal” protests of the last four years we attended had a long list of things you could not bring that were enforced at the Capitol. 16/22

[quote]At these protests, there were no poles or sticks, no backpacks, no weapons or body armor, etc. There were sometimes security check points to go through to get onto the mall or Capitol grounds. 17/22

[quote]None of these standard rules applied to Stop the Steal. There were poles and flags and backpacks and body armor EVERYWHERE. We didn’t see any guns or knives. But there were certainly people brandishing flag poles as if they were weapons. 18/22

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2021 6:48 AM

Great articles just posted. Looks like the National Guard was added to the forces, but only about 100 of them. Then, the Pentagon denied them when Sund called (apparently frantic) that day, until after 4 pm.

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2021 12:21 PM

Trump was more upset that Capitol mob looked ‘low class’ than about violent attacks, reports say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2021 1:38 PM

Low class? Has he not been seeing the people at his rallies for the last four years?

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2021 1:41 PM

Has he not been seeing his family or a mirror either r36?

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2021 1:52 PM

R33 Interesting and very telling.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2021 3:11 PM

R35 That’s rich. He must think he looks high-class.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2021 3:13 PM

JFC.

Reuters: U.S. HOUSE REPUBLICANS OBJECT TO DEMOCRATS' REQUEST TO BRING UP 25TH AMENDMENT RESOLUTION AGAINST TRUMP, BLOCKING IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote] Another #TrumpTerrorist has been pulled off of a plane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2021 3:22 PM

They knew that was going to happen. They know the GOP will not vote for impeachment. They’re getting them all on the record, three times, that they support the terrorists. Will be useful to use for 2022.

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2021 3:22 PM

The Senate GOP votes on conviction, not impeachment.

Trump will be impeached again. We don't know if he'll be convicted. It's a long shot but it might happen, especially if the vote is held after the GA senators are sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2021 3:29 PM

Anyone who calls themself a Republican after this week supports domestic terrorism and the overthrow of the United States government. That’s around 75 million people.

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2021 3:30 PM

Have they found the pig incel who beat the cop with the American flag pole?

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2021 4:03 PM

A transcript of the new ad:

[bold]The time for excuses is over. Now is the time for strength. If you want peace, you must stand strong at all times. The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action. Today you end one chapter but you are about to begin the greatest adventure of your life. January 20 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. If the righteous men do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph. You came by the tens of millions to become part of an historic movement the likes of which the world has never seen before. Now we are calling for a great reawakening. When decent people in nations become bystanders history the forces of destruction only gather power and strength. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.Do not underestimate us. Do not try us. This will be a fatal miscalculation. It’s not which party controls our government but whether our government is controlled by the people. There should be no fear; we are protected. We are protected by God. I know that each of you will be a warrior for the truth; will be a warrior for our country and for your family. I know that each of you will do what is right, not what is easier. Our answer will be a rebirth of devotion to defeat the enemies of humanity. This is a very different administration than the United States has had in the past.[/bokd]

[italic]The Lord’s Prayer plays.[/italic]

Pay careful attention to the wording he uses. He is calling the coup he is orchestrating and asking citizens to join “the greatest adventure” of their lives.

He uses religious rhetoric - “evil”; “we are protected by God”; the Our Lord’s Prayer - to further manipulate and stirrup emotions.

This is beyond “scary”; it is dangerous. He needs to be taken down in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2021 4:06 PM

Don't let anyone tell you they weren't serious about hanging someone, they built a gallows at the capitol. I am not sure why did isn't getting more print.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2021 4:13 PM

It wasn't a terrorist attack. It was a riotous mob.

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2021 4:17 PM

While the entire US was watching the GA results. Maggots were attacking the police. January 5th the night before. I have not seen 1 news outlet cover this. 16 hours earlier they screamed their intentions through a loudspeaker on camera. Who could have predicted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote]It wasn't a terrorist attack. It was a riotous mob.

It was both a dessert topping and a floor wax. The silly riotous mob was cover for the more coordinated attempted assassination of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2021 4:23 PM

My thoughts, FWIW, which isn't much:

1) If I was a Republican strategist for anybody but the Cruz/Hawley/House types, I'd be advising get behind this because

2) there's going to a Warren-type Commission.... it will necessarily be a long undertaking, publicly held, and uncover more than you want to know.

3) I think Joe is going to have a hard time. His instinct is toward reconciliation. I'm not sure these circumstances sustain that position. He cannot get in the way of the pursuit of justice - from expulsions from the House and Senate through to criminal investigations, no matter how broad. This is the most serious thing that's happened to the country in modern times, because the enemy is within. Joe cannot be only Mr. Nice Guy (and I say that as someone who supported him from the beginning because he was a nice guy, when you all were on the Kamala and Warren and Pete bandwagons.)

4) If I were a soap actor, I'd be looking for work. The Warren-type commission is going to eat up big chunks of daytime for a couple of months at least. Even if they control the damn virus, they won't get their airtime back for awhile.)

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2021 4:27 PM

MAGAs praise the cops who shot Jacob Blake but not the one who shot Ashli Babbitt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2021 4:55 PM

Who was the guy who made the noose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2021 5:00 PM

I think the bombs steered it into terrorist attack territory, r48.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2021 5:01 PM

If the Washington Post is going to unearth and deliver incredible news, start with competent editing.

Southern Carolina?

There is no such University or women's basketball team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2021 5:15 PM

Turning Point USA was offering free hotel rooms to the rioters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2021 5:16 PM

Interesting r56, Charlie Kirk was funding some of this and even advertising buses? Cute. I'm assuming that's the same org that Ginni Thomas was involved with as well?

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2021 5:20 PM

U.S. Army Captain Emily Rainey , the psychological operations officer who lead insurrectionists to the rally, has resigned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2021 5:45 PM

She's in charge of PSYCHOLOGICAL operations? Bitch needs a psychological operation, 'cause she's clearly nuts

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2021 6:10 PM

Do you recognize these guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2021 6:10 PM

Found in 1 participant's truck were an M4 assault rifle, multiple loaded magazines, 3 handguns & 11 Mason jars of homemade napalm

In another man's motel room, the FBI found a Tavor X95 assault rifle, a 9mm Glock 19 handgun, 100 rounds of ammo,THC edibles & injectable testosterone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]In another man's motel room, the FBI found a Tavor X95 assault rifle, a 9mm Glock 19 handgun, 100 rounds of ammo,THC edibles & injectable testosterone

A Renaissance terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2021 6:22 PM

What, no disco lights??

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2021 6:29 PM

“Donald J Trump remains the inspirational leader of a loving and patriotic movement... (of people) who need to stand together and fight.”

- Hypocrite, and tool - Matt Gaetz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]4) If I were a soap actor, I'd be looking for work. The Warren-type commission is going to eat up big chunks of daytime for a couple of months at least. Even if they control the damn virus, they won't get their airtime back for awhile.)

Times have changed. Networks won't pre-empt their regular programming for this. It will be on cable.

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]This is the most serious thing that's happened to the country in modern times, because the enemy is within.

You don't consider the Oklahoma City bombing (which was in a FEDERAL building and killed 168 people, including children) "modern times"? The enemy was "within" that time, too.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote]Times have changed.

NO! 💥 THEY! 🤛🏼 HAVEN’T ☠️

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2021 7:24 PM

I've been thinking a lot about OKC, R66. The roots of the current insurrection probably go back to OKC, if not before.

by Anonymousreply 68January 11, 2021 7:24 PM

I do think last week was bigger than OKC on the basis of who drove it, the number of terrorists involved, and the scope of what could have happened.

By the time this is all investigated I think we'll be more horrified than we can imagine.

But it's not a competition between horror shows.

by Anonymousreply 69January 11, 2021 7:30 PM

The FBI warns of armed protests at 50 state capitols this Sunday or if Congress attempts to remove Trump

Now they tell us...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 11, 2021 7:34 PM

What makes the recent event so horrifying is the fact that we know that people in law enforcement, the military, and at the highest levels of government were involved in pulling it off.

On the other hand, lots of little kids died horribly in the OKC bombing. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 71January 11, 2021 7:34 PM

The more I read and watch video about January 6 the angrier I become. I have no understanding of how anyone could follow or revere scum trump.

So you defend open carry and military weapons in private hands, are OK with desecrating the environment for private profit, think lying to the gullible is the way to win, approve cozying up to dictators, or you are pro life, in essence punishing poor women and oppressing the rest, then yes, a malignant narcissistic, lying, corrupt, pussy-grabbing criminal is your guy.

Fuck off, Republicans, you lost your credibility and honor years ago.

by Anonymousreply 72January 11, 2021 7:58 PM

r64 ...

Matt Gaetz Gets BOOED After Blaming Capitol Incident on ‘Antifa’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 11, 2021 8:05 PM

R72 I love you.

by Anonymousreply 74January 11, 2021 8:20 PM

One of the Trump goobers was trampled to death during the insurrection while carrying his Don't Tread on Me Flag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 11, 2021 8:30 PM

*pardon me, it was a her. Her flag.

by Anonymousreply 76January 11, 2021 8:33 PM

Matt Gates looks constipated and retarded.

by Anonymousreply 77January 11, 2021 8:35 PM

Gaetz *

by Anonymousreply 78January 11, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] She's in charge of PSYCHOLOGICAL operations

This just gets better and better, doesn’t it?

Blindingly obvious.

by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2021 8:36 PM

I am far from an overreactor, but what happened on 1/6 was bad -- like, BAD bad.

I watched some of the video of those people... some of those fuckers were there for blood... they got it, but just not the blood they wanted.

This went far beyond a protest. And the one they're doing all of this for was most upset because they all looked like trash. Trump, the legislators who supported this, and the trash who did the dirty work need to be taken down like the rabid dogs they are.

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Matt Gaetz IS constipated and retarded

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]One of the Trump goobers was trampled to death during the insurrection

That reminds me, my new favorite term for the MAGAt crowd:

Goober Alles

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2021 9:09 PM

R82 - love it!

by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote] Rep. Ryan said another law enforcement individual had been arrested

[quote] Ryan also confirmed that there are approximately 10 to 15 Capitol Police officers under investigation for their behavior during the riot but did not have more specifics than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2021 9:29 PM

In addition to the Capitol Police officer arrested, two were suspended:

-Officer who took selfies

-Officer who put on a MAGA hat and took rioters around

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2021 10:16 PM

The FBI arrested Cleveland Meredith, Jr., at a D.C. Holiday Inn on January 7. Texts on Meredith's phone referred to traveling to D.C. with a shit ton of 5.56 armor-piercing ammo. Another text mentioned he was thinking about going to CUNT Pelosi's speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on live TV. A search of Meredith's trailer revealed a 9mm pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2021 10:41 PM

R86 These people are psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote]CLEVELAND MEREDITH replied “I’m gonna run that C_NT Pelosi over while she chews on her gums.”

A Datalounger, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2021 10:45 PM

(Not) shocking news out of the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2021 10:54 PM

This...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2021 10:58 PM

The Lincoln Project's Kurt Bardella:

Think about every time Trump & Republicans f*cked with the FBI, the CIA, DHS, NSA, DoD. Now ask yourself how important those institutions are as we grapple with domestic terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2021 10:59 PM

Sorry guys, but you know it's true...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2021 11:07 PM

R92 still thinks it was antifa....

by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2021 11:09 PM

Pete Sessions trying to hide the fact that he met with Stop the Steal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2021 11:17 PM

More footage. Bastards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2021 11:29 PM

What do you think Trump is doing all day? Sitting on his fat ass and making phone calls?

by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2021 11:30 PM

Turning down a Presidential medal takes a measure of conviction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 11, 2021 11:53 PM

Wild things are happening. I just grew some respect for Belichick.

by Anonymousreply 98January 12, 2021 12:13 AM

Of course weakling lap dog Gym Jordan accepted it today.

by Anonymousreply 99January 12, 2021 12:14 AM

R92 is a QAsshole.

by Anonymousreply 100January 12, 2021 12:26 AM

Clint Watts Calls This The ‘Most Stressful Time For The FBI Since 9/11’ | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 12, 2021 12:27 AM

Reuters: President Trump approved an emergency declaration for Washington, D.C., that lasts through Jan. 24, the White House said, after authorities warned of security threats to President-elect Biden's inauguration next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 12, 2021 12:28 AM

Newest member of the Squad, climbed aboard the moving train and started kicking butt and taking names. I hope she does well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 12, 2021 12:32 AM

R103 Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 104January 12, 2021 12:45 AM

Martial law is next. Hitler is the only subject Trump ever read about. His hero.

by Anonymousreply 105January 12, 2021 12:56 AM

It's Beavis and Butt-head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 12, 2021 2:20 AM

The one has the left has punchface.

by Anonymousreply 107January 12, 2021 2:22 AM

AMONG REPUBLICAN VOTERS...

- 73% say Trump is protecting, not undermining, democracy

- 70% say Republicans who voted to block electors were protecting, not undermining, democracy

- 73% say there was widespread voter fraud in 2020

- Trump's job approval is 71%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 12, 2021 2:36 AM

- 10 to 15 Capitol police officers now under investigation.

-two Capitol officers suspended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 12, 2021 2:40 AM

Addict in recovery, turned her life around, got sucked into Qanon Facebook and then was trampled to death at the capitol. Her family blames Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 12, 2021 3:06 AM

Trump supports cutting terrorists off from the internet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 12, 2021 3:10 AM

Always a tweet.

by Anonymousreply 112January 12, 2021 3:13 AM

R111 That is magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 113January 12, 2021 3:24 AM

We should start calling Josh Hawley Traitor Vic

by Anonymousreply 114January 12, 2021 5:15 AM

A Republican politician in NYC has apologized for yelling ‘Heil Hitler’ at a rally, explaining that she actually meant to say “mein Führer”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 12, 2021 5:26 AM

R113 I concur!

by Anonymousreply 116January 12, 2021 6:03 AM

R115 JFC.

by Anonymousreply 117January 12, 2021 6:03 AM

Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal tests positive for COVID after having to shelter with maskless GOP assholes during the Capitol siege

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 12, 2021 6:43 AM

Honestly, this isn’t a joke, but I read a news article that said the person trampled in the riot was wearing a “Don’t Tread On Me” T-shirt. Dear God in heaven, I hope that’s true.

by Anonymousreply 119January 12, 2021 7:08 AM

cc: r119

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2021 7:48 AM

This is my third time posting this segment but it is a must watch. Lemon and CNN went all the way in. The footage shown is disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 12, 2021 7:51 AM

[quote]A search of Meredith's trailer revealed a 9mm pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

, , , and testosterone cypionate, used in hormone therapy for transgender men.

You decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 12, 2021 7:52 AM

[quote]U.S. Army Captain Emily Rainey , the psychological operations officer who lead insurrectionists to the rally, has resigned.

She'd actually already resigned in September, after she got into trouble with police for pulling down the caution tape that was closing off a playground due to COVID-19 (pulling it down after police told her twice to knock it off).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 12, 2021 7:59 AM

Capitol rioter in ‘Camp Auschwitz’ sweatshirt identified as Virginia man

I read somewhere the back of the shirt says "STAFF."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 12, 2021 8:03 AM

It's almost like these people had no purpose in life until Orange gave them one.

by Anonymousreply 125January 12, 2021 8:04 AM

BUT ANTIFA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 12, 2021 8:04 AM

After, repeat - AFTER the riot on the 6th, Rudy Fat Cunt Giuliani called Alabama Senator Tommy Tuberville and left this message on his voice mail:

"Senator Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the president's lawyer. I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you. And I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it … the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow—ideally until the end of tomorrow.

I know McConnell is doing everything he can to rush it, which is kind of a kick in the head because it's one thing to oppose us, it's another thing not to give us a fair opportunity to contest it. And he wants to try to get it down to only three states that we contest. But there are 10 states that we contest, not three. So if you could object to every state and, along with a congressman, get a hearing for every state, I know we would delay you a lot, but it would give us the opportunity to get the legislators who are very, very close to pulling their vote, particularly after what McConnell did today. It angered them, because they have written letters asking that you guys adjourn and send them back the questionable ones and they'll fix them up.

So, this phone number, I'm available on all night, and it would be an honor to talk to you. Thank you".

Audio at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 12, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote]But there are 10 states that we contest, not three. So if you could object to every state and, along with a congressman, get a hearing for every state,

Of course, Senators are only allowed to object to one state. No more.

How did Rudy know what McTurtle's plans were, at 7 p.m. on Republican Sedition Day?

by Anonymousreply 128January 12, 2021 8:15 AM

Except, of course, r127 Giuliani didn't leave that message for Tuberville.

Being Giuliani (America's mayor) he fucked up (as usual) and left the message for a completely different senator.

[quote]The problem for Giuliani? He left his message on the voicemail of another senator, who shared it with The Dispatch.

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2021 8:42 AM

HuffPo: Capitol Police briefed Democrats on Monday night about three more potentially gruesome demonstrations planned in the coming days, with one plot to encircle the U.S. Capitol and assassinate Democrats and some Republicans.

One topic of discussion was the need to put every member of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration. A member on the call told HuffPost that there was an “eyes-wide-open realization” that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against “all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2021 10:59 AM

For conservatives and Fox News personalities, the greatest tragedy of the insurrection is that they've lost followers on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 12, 2021 11:07 AM

[quote]There was an “eyes-wide-open realization” that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against “all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns.”

In other words, Democrats realized some of their Republican colleagues might attempt to assassinate Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 132January 12, 2021 11:09 AM

Or themselves r132.

by Anonymousreply 133January 12, 2021 11:30 AM

Did we know Oregon state Representative Mike Nearman let the insurrectionists into the building? I don't see a link about it here but maybe it was in a previous thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 12, 2021 1:42 PM

That was the Oregon State Capitol r134.

by Anonymousreply 135January 12, 2021 1:47 PM

Finally some swift justice for the protest victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 12, 2021 2:05 PM

Sign petition to declare Proud Boys as terrorist org

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 12, 2021 2:07 PM

Signed R137.

by Anonymousreply 138January 12, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] He is expected to be hit with a range of federal charges, including theft of government property, according to the source. Photos of the siege showed Mostofsky wearing a police bulletproof vest and carrying a riot shield, which he claimed to have found on the floor of the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 12, 2021 2:50 PM

CNN's Jim Sciutto:

Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress briefed

by Anonymousreply 140January 12, 2021 2:51 PM

NYT:

At a Turning Point USA event in December, Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina encouraged attendees to “call your congressman and feel free — you can lightly threaten them.”

“Say: ‘If you don’t support election integrity, I’m coming after you.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 12, 2021 3:13 PM

R141 ...

by Anonymousreply 142January 12, 2021 3:15 PM

Third congressperson who was locked down in the Capitol tests positive for COVID: Brad Schneider (D-IL).

"Will Vote to Remove the President from Office By Proxy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 12, 2021 3:20 PM

Video for R141

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 12, 2021 3:20 PM

Do the deplorables think the national guard, the secret service, and the military are just going to stand down and let them occupy the capitol? These people really think they’re living in an action movie.

by Anonymousreply 145January 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Protests against Congessman Joe Wilson in SC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 12, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] These people really think they’re living in an action movie.

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 147January 12, 2021 3:24 PM

I love it, R146.

(Joe Wilson, by the way, is the cockroach who screamed "YOU LIE!" at Obama during his first State of the Union address.)

by Anonymousreply 148January 12, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote]Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress briefed'

Is this the same group that plans to allow only Republicans to be admitted to it the Capitol?

by Anonymousreply 149January 12, 2021 3:55 PM

Just the Republicans who voted against confirming Biden as president. They want to execute everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 150January 12, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]Is this the same group that plans to allow only Republicans to be admitted to it the Capitol?

[quote]Just the Republicans who voted against confirming Biden as president. They want to execute everyone else.

"May I see your ID, please?"

by Anonymousreply 151January 12, 2021 5:31 PM

KVUE TV: There are armed Pro-Trump protestors at the Texas State Capitol right now. The state has not banned guns on capitol grounds.

by Anonymousreply 152January 12, 2021 5:40 PM

A doctor and outspoken critic of the coronavirus vaccine was among those who entered the Capitol building last week during the siege that disrupted the certification of the 2020 presidential election.

Simone Gold gained national attention in July when she and other physicians appeared in front of the Supreme Court for a sparsely attended news conference to decry pandemic lockdowns and criticize government efforts to stop the spread of the disease. Video of the event, organized by conservative activists, was retweeted by the president and viewed by millions before social media platforms took it down.

Gold confirmed to The Washington Post that she is the person pictured carrying a bullhorn on the Capitol grounds Wednesday in FBI and D.C. police bulletins seeking more information about individuals who were present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 12, 2021 6:02 PM

I love you Mr. Colbert...particularly at 9:45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 12, 2021 6:46 PM

Cawthorn really is a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 155January 12, 2021 6:56 PM

Sorry for the HuffPo link:

“This is the equivalent of ignoring that pain in your chest for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden you have a catastrophic heart attack,” Krebs said on “Anderson Cooper 360.” “We’re on the verge of what I fear to be a pretty significant breakdown in democracy and civil society here.”

If this fellow was on DL, someone would call him a concern troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 12, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote]Cawthorn really is a piece of shit

He's a bitch on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 157January 12, 2021 7:06 PM

An Olympic Gold Medal swimmer was at the riots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 12, 2021 8:29 PM

R158, that’s a WOMAN?

by Anonymousreply 159January 12, 2021 9:12 PM

This from Rep. Jeffries!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 12, 2021 9:27 PM

R159, well he was on the MEN's olympic swim team, so no, he's not a woman.

You fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 161January 12, 2021 9:29 PM

One of the rioters had contact info for Ted Cruz's office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 12, 2021 9:41 PM

🚨

.@Liz_Cheney:

"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

"I will vote to impeach the President."

by Anonymousreply 163January 12, 2021 9:48 PM

Gym Jordan is lying again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 12, 2021 10:35 PM

Can you get the medal of freedom in a box of cracker jack or cereal these days?

by Anonymousreply 165January 12, 2021 10:37 PM

I still laugh out loud thinking about that MAGA bitch getting shot in the head while Trump was at the White House complaining about how “low class” his insurrection looked

by Anonymousreply 166January 12, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote]I feel like not enough has been made of Proud Boys leader Joe Biggs having dinner at the Trump hotel with Lindsey Graham before Biggs helped organize an assault on the U.S. Capitol? - Timothy Burke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2021 10:53 PM

R167 The Senatrice was mislead; she thought there'd be boys present.

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2021 10:54 PM

No masks. Is money being exchanged for some Proud Boy loving?

by Anonymousreply 169January 12, 2021 10:55 PM

Ah've been battin' mah eyelashes at all the dreamiest Proud Boys!

by Anonymousreply 170January 12, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] Ah've been battin' mah eyelashes at all the dreamiest Proud Boys!

Plural? There's more than one?

by Anonymousreply 171January 12, 2021 11:15 PM

trump's Arby's Army is in for a rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 172January 12, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]One of the rioters had contact info for Ted Cruz's office

Ruh-roh.

by Anonymousreply 173January 12, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote]"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution. I will vote to impeach the President."

Wow. Good for Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 174January 13, 2021 12:01 AM

Incredible analysis by Seth Abramson

He's looking at the AZ delegation and the AL delegation members, Biggs, Brooks, Gosar + Tuberville + the Republican Ays Association, acting along with Guilani, Stone & Manafort.

What he doesn't mention is the relationship between Manafort and the Capital officer who committed suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 13, 2021 12:50 AM

Some nice graphics mapping locations during the siege

[bold]Parler Users Breached Deep Inside U.S. Capitol Building, GPS Data Shows[/bold]

At least several users of the far-right social network Parler appear to be among the horde of rioters that managed to penetrate deep inside the U.S. Capitol building and into areas normally restricted to the public, according to GPS metadata linked to videos posted to the platform the day of the insurrection in Washington.

The data, obtained by a computer hacker through legal means ahead of Parler’s shutdown on Monday, offers a bird’s eye view of its users swarming the Capitol grounds after receiving encouragement from President Trump — and during a violent breach that sent lawmakers and Capitol Hill visitors scrambling amid gunshots and calls for their death. GPS coordinates taken from 618 Parler videos analyzed by Gizmodo has already been sought after by FBI as part of a sweeping nationwide search for potential suspects, at least 20 of whom are already in custody.

. . .

According to @donk_enby, more than 99% of all Parler posts, including millions of videos bearing the locations of users, were saved. Unlike most of its competitors, Parler apparently had no mechanism in place to strip sensitive metadata from its users’ videos prior to posting them online.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 13, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote] -One Capitol Police officer may lose an eye [quote] -An officer was shot at with his own gun [quote] -Police officers were tased in the riot [quote] -Several have head injuries, she blames rioters using lead pipes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 13, 2021 1:36 AM

I'm the real victim here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 13, 2021 2:13 AM

[bold]Mikie Sherrill claims Congress members gave 'reconnaissance' tours day before Capitol raid[/bold]

In a live webcast Tuesday evening, Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11, made a startling claim that other members of Congress led groups of people through the Capitol Building on a "reconnaissance" mission one day before the riot that laid a deadly siege on the government's legislative branch.

During the Facebook Live, Sherrill, a Montclair resident, addressed her constituents to explain why she voted for a resolution to implore Vice President Mike Pence to remove President Donald Trump from office by invoking the 25th Amendment, and, after that measures foreseen failure, why she intends to support an article of impeachment against Trump for "incitement of insurrection."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 13, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]Everyone getting arrested and losing their job for storming the Capitol building are realizing why their grandparents wore hoods. - Travis Allen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 13, 2021 2:37 AM

Charge them all with conspiracy and felony murder

If a person commits a felony and that crime results in someone else dying, it is the same as if they murdered the person themselves

by Anonymousreply 181January 13, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]If this fellow was on DL, someone would call him a concern troll.

But I would still FHH.

by Anonymousreply 182January 13, 2021 2:53 AM

From a McConnell thread:

Trump knew. He was in on it.

What's behind McConnell's defection from Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 13, 2021 2:59 AM

[quote] In a live webcast Tuesday evening, Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11, made a startling claim that some members of Congress led groups of people through the Capitol Building on a "reconnaissance" tour one day before the riot that laid a deadly siege on the government's legislative branch.

This squares with what Rep Clyburn and Rep Merkley said about their working offices being attacked while their official/ceremonial offices were untouched.

And also the Seth Abramson theory at R175.

They wanted hostages and/or an overnight siege to halt the proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 13, 2021 3:09 AM

I guess this is the place to put this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 13, 2021 3:11 AM

If we ever needed a blizzard to happen during an inauguration it would be this one. Would solve a lot of problems.

by Anonymousreply 186January 13, 2021 3:14 AM

R184 that deserves its own thread

by Anonymousreply 187January 13, 2021 3:21 AM

Wonder which assholes were leading the reconnaissance tours....

by Anonymousreply 188January 13, 2021 3:25 AM

It’s basically confirmed at this point that Mo Brooks and Paul Gossar are involved.

by Anonymousreply 189January 13, 2021 3:27 AM

More MAGA ejected from plane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 13, 2021 4:12 AM

What info is and isn't really in that Parler hack. These hackers are doing the lord's work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 13, 2021 12:06 PM

According to Ayanna Pressley’s (D-MA) chief of staff Sarah Groh, the panic buttons in the Congresswoman’s office were all “torn out—the whole unit.”

They don’t know why or who did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Video from inside (I don't know how/who leaked)

One of the comments identifies bullhorn lady as "Jen from Arizona"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 13, 2021 1:08 PM

That specific information at r192 is frightening. Of all the rooms in that gigantic building, seditionists found themselves in Ayanna Pressley’s? I hope they can get fingerprints.

by Anonymousreply 194January 13, 2021 1:20 PM

They're sleeping on marble floors of the Capitol now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195January 13, 2021 1:22 PM

^Have fun storming the Capitol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 13, 2021 1:22 PM

I love Joe Biggs, leader of the Proud Boys. We had dinner, just last week. The south will rise again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 13, 2021 1:36 PM

Imagine being a low wage Amazon delivery person, now with a target on your head because of these freaks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 13, 2021 2:27 PM

I can't even begin to imagine how many Amazon warehouse workers in exurban giant distribution centers have Parler accounts.

by Anonymousreply 199January 13, 2021 2:40 PM

The flip side of that, R199 is that I know a gentleman who holds a master’s from NYU in math(s) who had to move back home to take care of family and that warehouse job was the only game in town. Of course he was injured in the first year and went out on disability after his surgery...

by Anonymousreply 200January 13, 2021 2:47 PM

Play stupid games...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 13, 2021 2:48 PM

Aw, Camp Auschwitz guy got himself arrested, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 202January 13, 2021 3:12 PM

After social media ban, QAnon warnings of a 'blackout' move to viral text messages.

You might've received a text message from a loved one saying not to update your iPhone because it'll disable your Emergency Broadcasting System.

This is not remotely true. It's a QAnon conspiracy theory, and it's everywhere since the Parler shutdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 13, 2021 3:13 PM

CNN's Ana Cabrera:

[quote]Airbnb will cancel all reservations in the nation's capital for the week of inauguration, the company says.

I'm getting the sense that the FBI/LEO are asking companies like Airbnb, Twitter, Facebook etc. to close off the MAGAt pipeline because something horrible is still being planned.

by Anonymousreply 204January 13, 2021 3:18 PM

I think, ultimately, we’ll be seen as overreacting. But we have to. We know the terrorists want to come back.

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote] I think, ultimately, we’ll be seen as overreacting.

If nothing bad happens, people will say we overreacted. But all of the extra security will be the reason why nothing bad happens.

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2021 3:30 PM

They should put the Congressmen and Women that have been implicated on the no fly list.

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2021 3:31 PM

If you've been to the Capitol or the older (i.e. for senior politicians) office buildings you can tell you can not find your way around without guidance and or knowing in advance where you are going. Labyrinthian, cobbled together buildings.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2021 3:32 PM

R208 they posted maps on Parler that included the underground tunnels. Lady with the bullhorn is apparently from AZ. The AZ GOP, the people who tweeted asking if people were willing to die for Trump, are 100% involved in the planning of this. That’s were Gossar and Biggs are from

by Anonymousreply 209January 13, 2021 3:37 PM

You might have seen a post-riot video set to "Layla" [italic]a la Goodfellas[/italic]. This has an improved version with a Ray Liotta sound-alike voiceover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 13, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]I think, ultimately, we’ll be seen as overreacting.

It may be portrayed that way by some Monday-morning quarterbacks, but it is prudent preparation, based on the evidence of what is known right now.

by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2021 4:33 PM

The Patriots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 13, 2021 4:34 PM

I haven't seen this clip on the news because the twitter poster doesn't have many followers. Law enforcement is just walking out of the capitol during the siege.

Maybe there's a legitimate reason so many would be allowed to leave when the building is still occupied, but I can't imagine what it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 13, 2021 4:42 PM

I kind of hope that impeachment doesn't lead to removal in the Senate, because that way Pence can't pardon Cheeto, and so the DOJ can prosecute him.

by Anonymousreply 214January 13, 2021 5:07 PM

[bold]Airbnb, HotelTonight cancel all Washington, DC, metro reservations ahead of Inauguration[/bold]

Airbnb and subsidiary HotelTonight are canceling all booked reservations in the Washington, D.C., metro area during President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, the company announced in a statement shared by Airbnb spokesman Ben Breit.

All reservations during inauguration week will be canceled. Biden's inauguration is next Wednesday.

"Today, in response to various local, state and federal officials asking people not to travel to Washington, D.C., we are announcing that Airbnb will cancel reservations in the Washington, D.C. metro area during the inauguration week," Airbnb said in the statement. "Additionally, we will prevent any new reservations in the Washington, D.C., area from being booked during that time by blocking such reservations."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 13, 2021 5:20 PM

CNN's Kate Bennett:

Massive barricade and fencing went up overnight at the @VP residence. The entire perimeter of the Naval Observatory is now behind the barricades. I am from here, never seen this before in my life.

by Anonymousreply 216January 13, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]I kind of hope that impeachment doesn't lead to removal in the Senate, because that way Pence can't pardon Cheeto, and so the DOJ can prosecute him.

It's possible the Senate won't vote to convict him until after the inauguration, to prevent him from holding federal office ever again, in which case a Pence pardon would be moot.

by Anonymousreply 217January 13, 2021 5:23 PM

It is making me sick watching these Repugs suck Trump's ass, and pontificate about unity. You didn't give a shit about unity 8 days ago. You can't have unity if one side are rabid lunatics who refuse to acknowledge reality.

by Anonymousreply 218January 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Trump tells them to stand down, sort of. First time he’s used “peaceful transition”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 13, 2021 6:00 PM

Are we supposed to feel bad for the guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 13, 2021 6:06 PM

Nope. I’m personally hoping the Qanon thing ends Jonestown style.

by Anonymousreply 221January 13, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote]It's possible the Senate won't vote to convict him until after the inauguration, to prevent him from holding federal office ever again,

In the end, this is what the Republican party will want - to get Orange out of the equation of the next Presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 222January 13, 2021 6:11 PM

Lauren Boebert gave these charmers a tour of the Capitol the day before the attack. Notice the white power hand gesture some are giving...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 13, 2021 6:32 PM

And that way, r222, when people whine about Trump not being able to run again they'll blame the Dems for convicting.

by Anonymousreply 224January 13, 2021 6:35 PM

Perhaps because so many are being identified and arrested the predicted violence won't happen, or will be minor or scattered.

I don't think there are enough in the violent wing of the idiots to spread themselves so thin around every statehouse and the nation's capitol. Plus, so many of them are deranged wieners who won't risk their lives to end up in jail. Just look at the crybabies some have become already.

The law enforcement presence will be huge, the craziest of trump's ragtag army won't be able to penetrate the defense and they'll be swiftly brought down.

State capitols will be prepared, too, because of the advance notice. I live in a blue area where the few maggots I know are clearly decrepit nuts, I don't see any of them pulling off an attack on our capitol, they would be more likely to run.

I could be wrong, of course. With inside help they may be able to pull off some sort of violent attack, but I'm hoping for the best and that the inauguration is smooth.

I hate trump and his fucking idiotic cabal so much, I can't even watch the fools speak today. I did hear Matt Gaetz, what a craven moron.

by Anonymousreply 225January 13, 2021 6:46 PM

incorrect R223

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 13, 2021 7:07 PM

Sorry I hurt your feeling, r226. I promise not to make fun of your idol anymore

by Anonymousreply 227January 13, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote]The law enforcement presence will be huge, the craziest of trump's ragtag army won't be able to penetrate the defense and they'll be swiftly brought down.

Walked the dog by the Capitol this morning, and it is insane how many National Guard are there with big long guns behind the non-climbable, 9-foot walls around everything.

If the Seditionists' reconnaissance is sharing this too, I can't believe they're going to get 16,000 rebels to come to DC on January 16, guns in hand.

Hopefully the handful of truly crazy will still come, so that they can be detained and flipped.

by Anonymousreply 228January 13, 2021 7:35 PM

Sure AirBnb/Hotel Tonight and its ilk can deny reservations. What about motels and hotels?

by Anonymousreply 229January 13, 2021 7:38 PM

My feelings are irrelevant, R227.

Honesty matters. We can't call them out on their lies if we aren't circumspect ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 230January 13, 2021 7:41 PM

Then maybe call out Boebert for lying about....everything

by Anonymousreply 231January 13, 2021 7:46 PM

Why do people get upset when shown they have been tricked? It happens to all of us.

by Anonymousreply 232January 13, 2021 7:48 PM

The Boebert picture with the white supremacist signs getting flashed was from December 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 13, 2021 7:49 PM

Proud Boy leader tells them to stand down, in their typical dick-obsessed fashion. Probably saw all those pictures of *actual* badass soldiers at the Capitol and chickened out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 13, 2021 7:54 PM

Or it’s a decoy to get people to let their guard down

Don’t trust them

Still want to see 20k national guard members

by Anonymousreply 235January 13, 2021 7:57 PM

A lot of these guys have been suspecting the 17th event was a honeypot for a couple months now, R234, so that was probably the best excuse that dipshit could have come up with. Still looks like the bitch-ass loser he is, though.

by Anonymousreply 236January 13, 2021 7:57 PM

I don't know how you do it, Mr. Colbert, but thank you for making me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 13, 2021 8:06 PM

Just chill, r231. r230 is correct on that one.

by Anonymousreply 238January 13, 2021 8:10 PM

Is this an attempt (begging) by the Tyrant-Toddler to have his binky returned? Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 239January 13, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] “I had seen what appeared to be tour groups of folks dressed in MAGA attire, in the halls, in the tunnels” Scanlon told CNN. “I don't know exactly what day it was. It was just surprising to see that happen because since Covid the building's been shut down. There aren't supposed to be any tours. So I kind of assumed it must be a new member who didn't know the rules or something. But, I mean, I can verify that it happened. There were people who were roaming around in the halls, apparently under the guidance of congressional staff.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 13, 2021 9:13 PM

did r240 just successfully link to CNN?

by Anonymousreply 241January 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Boebert had a tour in 2019 and 3 of those fucks were at the Capitol invasion

by Anonymousreply 242January 13, 2021 9:55 PM

Yeah, r240 has magic fucking fingers, he can ANYTHING, even a CNN link.

by Anonymousreply 243January 13, 2021 10:05 PM

Capitol Police Officers Said They Wouldn’t Be Surprised If Members Of Congress Helped Plan The Attack

“There are definitely some members who need to be held to account once an investigation shows the totality of circumstances.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 13, 2021 10:37 PM

Yogananda Pittman, assistant chief of the U.S. Capitol Police, has been named acting chief.

She has a busy week ahead of her, but I hope when it's done that she will be a fierce advocate for investigating what the hell happened, before and on January 6.

She does not look like a pushover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 13, 2021 10:57 PM

Just in: Thirty members of Congress now demand US Capitol Police chiefs release details of which lawmakers and staff allowed visitors into the Capitol — amid reports that Trump protestors did reconnaissance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 13, 2021 11:04 PM

The new chief is a black woman? Nice. The Q bitches will be cowering in fear

by Anonymousreply 247January 13, 2021 11:06 PM

As of today, at least 26 sworn members of U.S. law enforcement agencies from at least 11 states have been identified by law enforcement agencies and local reporting as attendees of the Jan. 6 rally in support of President Trump that sparked a riot at the U.S. Capitol. [Update, 5:20 p.m., Eastern time: Two more law enforcement officers have been reported as having attended the Jan. 6 rally, bringing the total to 28 officers from 12 states.] Beyond that tally, several former law enforcement agents attended the rally, and still more current law enforcement officials are under investigation for making statements in support of the rally.

A review of police attendance and support appears below and is also available in this spreadsheet,* which will be updated as more information becomes available. These specific law enforcement agents have not been tied to white supremacist movements.

And yet, it would be inaccurate to say that white supremacists have merely “infiltrated” law enforcement, a word used in a recent hearing on white supremacy and policing in the U.S. House Oversight and Reform subcommittee. American policing is rooted in white supremacy: many contemporary police departments originated as patrols dedicated to terrorizing and capturing enslaved people. Other antecedents of modern policing extend farther back in history to the ”oversight” of Native peoples. The main function of policing is to protect the interests of the ruling classes, and in the context of a society built on racial capitalism, that means the crosshairs of police officers focus on non-white communities. With this history in mind, the fact that police flocked from all over the country to attend the Trump rally merely shows how white supremacy is embedded in the very function of policing itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 13, 2021 11:36 PM

26 out of almost 10k? Nah, that number is WAY higher.

by Anonymousreply 249January 13, 2021 11:48 PM

^ Fuck the police

by Anonymousreply 250January 13, 2021 11:54 PM

Rudy claims he wasn't inciting violence, he was just referencing Game of Thrones...which he thinks is a documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 14, 2021 1:49 AM

2 Virginia police officers who took a selfish at the riots have been arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 14, 2021 3:19 AM

They're looking for the guy who dragged a cop down the stairs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 14, 2021 4:11 AM

I don’t mean to hijack this thread but I don’t have time to start another one.

I think the feds are starting to take the terrorists threats seriously.

I’m in Alabama at work right now. My supervisor is in the National Guard and he just received a text from his superiors saying leave work right now and go directly to Washington DC.

The text said that he wasn’t even supposed to go home first. It said to leave work drive to Washington DC without stopping except for gas.

Has anyone else heard of something like this happening right now?

by Anonymousreply 254January 14, 2021 4:17 AM

I hope all those assholes get CV19 and get turned away because the hospitals are too full.

by Anonymousreply 255January 14, 2021 4:22 AM

Interesting r254, did he really just leave right then and go straight to DC?

I know there are just tons of National Guard in the Capitol building and the surrounding area right now, so maybe they do need reinforcements to get their numbers up.

by Anonymousreply 256January 14, 2021 1:46 PM

r/CapitolConsequences is full of schadenfreudey goodness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257January 14, 2021 1:49 PM

r252 ....

"Judge cites their military and police service in denying government’s request for GPS monitoring, saying he believes they will follow his orders."

by Anonymousreply 258January 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Yes R256 he left to go straight to DC. He was surprised at the urgency of the message and also surprised that he wasn’t being sent to Montgomery Alabama

by Anonymousreply 259January 14, 2021 2:24 PM

Sedition Tracker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Thanks for the link R260, I like seeing that there's a mix of both crazy pelt-wearin' beardos and the militia types who have been arrested so far.

by Anonymousreply 261January 14, 2021 2:35 PM

That still doesn't make sense, R259.

What about his uniform & equipment? A toothbrush? I can see an order to be expeditious, but it doesn't make sense that he doesn't have 90 minutes to spare for a 12 hour drive... to protect an event which is still six days away.

Unless, maybe, they're planning to arrest his home state Senator & Representative (I hope).

by Anonymousreply 262January 14, 2021 2:40 PM

R262 He’s known for a week he may get called up so he keeps all that stuff in the car ready.

He expected to be called but the destination of DC is what surprised him.

What surprised me is they didn’t tell him to drive to Huntsville AL and then fly to DC

by Anonymousreply 263January 14, 2021 3:36 PM

^I meant truck not car^

by Anonymousreply 264January 14, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote]“Does anyone here know Morse code?”

Will horse code suffice?

by Anonymousreply 265January 14, 2021 3:38 PM

Confederate flag guy arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 14, 2021 4:52 PM

Confederate Flag guy is Kevin Seefried -- not the comedian!

by Anonymousreply 267January 14, 2021 4:57 PM

Ronan Farrow profiles one of the Capitol Hill invaders: 50-year-old former marine Donovan Crowl:

During the Obama Administration, the family members and friend recalled, Crowl expressed fury at the President, along with wider animosity toward Black people. “The only good Black person is a dead Black person,” his mother, Teresa Joann Rowe, a retired nurse, recalled Crowl saying—though she stipulated that Crowl used a racial epithet.

During the Trump Administration, the people close to Crowl said, he began to express increasing ardor for Trump and to embrace conspiracy theories. “It’s stuff he heard from that psychopath Alex Jones and those echo chambers on the Internet,” his sister Denissa Crowl, who is also a nurse, told me. She said that such radicalization was a familiar phenomenon in Crowl’s rural Ohio community. “That’s like ground zero,” she told me. “I fear him,” she added. “He’s very skilled in firearms. He was an expert sharpshooter.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 14, 2021 5:50 PM

Ugh, a school therapist

Therapist, heal thyself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Shouldn't they leave some of the national guard back at the states in case they storm the state capitols? I have seen any states preparing for a local version of last week.

by Anonymousreply 270January 14, 2021 6:02 PM

And once again she has the same look in her eyes that all these white women obsesses by pedophilia do. Add in her being attracted to therapy as a career back when she was saner and I'd bet a good stack that she or someone close to her was abused.

by Anonymousreply 271January 14, 2021 6:02 PM

If you look into Qanon, they were able to go mainstream because they infiltrated other “fringe” groups, aided by facebook’s algorithm. So they went into alternative medicine groups, anti-vax groups, etc., which explains why so many white women are involved. I bet a lot of therapists got sucked in.

by Anonymousreply 272January 14, 2021 6:11 PM

r272, I never thought about it but that rings true.

by Anonymousreply 273January 14, 2021 6:15 PM

Trump's America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 14, 2021 6:21 PM

Many people at the riots were on the FBI's terrorist watch list. Most are suspected white supremacists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 14, 2021 6:47 PM

Some of these white supremacists are barely even white. With all these exotic and ethnic last names. It's so cringe and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 276January 14, 2021 6:53 PM

Wanted poster taped to a GOP Congressman's door. Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 14, 2021 6:55 PM

Are the white supremacists still hating on Catholics - Pelosi. Biden etc? So many of them are not all that 'white' as R276 notes so I am not sure if they've changed who is on their hate list these days.

by Anonymousreply 278January 14, 2021 6:58 PM

Man arrested for throwing fire extinguisher at cops. Cops found Proud Boys literature at his house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 14, 2021 7:00 PM

“I bet a lot of therapists got sucked in.”

My husband is a clinical (LCSW) social worker/psychotherapist and he started a group practice with 2 other therapists and a psychologist a few years ago. The other 2 therapists - both women - were antivaxx sympathizers and obsessively into wellness.

You can see where this is going. Both therapists got infected by QAnon. They are CRAZY now. so much so that they had to close the group practice. Granted it was under the auspices of COVID, but my husband met with the psychologist and they agreed they’re done.

They are also hearing about other former colleagues who have radicalized. The common inflection point for most of these people seems to be that unhinged, paranoid Plandemic documentary.

This is like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Crazies. These two women seemed so cool and intelligent. We used to go on vacations to Maine together, meet up for drinks, etc.

But...they’re gone now. It’s bizarre and terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 280January 14, 2021 7:02 PM

All those Republican assholes will gain 100 pounds eating their words, ANTIFA my ass.

by Anonymousreply 281January 14, 2021 7:02 PM

That’s odd R277, he voted NO on impeachment. So is he saying a dem did that? And he found it on his DOOR implying it was a house staff member? Huh. I’d be careful with what some of these republicans try to say in the coming days and what they try to insinuate.

Not saying the guy is lying, but it’s odd.

by Anonymousreply 282January 14, 2021 7:04 PM

Is there STILL no security at the House of Reps? How did someone put a harassing sign on his door in front of everyone. This is a security issue now. Someone is going to get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 283January 14, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]Some of these white supremacists are barely even white.

Spoken like a true white supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 284January 14, 2021 7:08 PM

[quote] Is there STILL no security at the House of Reps? How did someone put a harassing sign on his door in front of everyone. This is a security issue now. Someone is going to get hurt.

Or, he’s lying. He is a Repug, they have been known to lie now and then.

by Anonymousreply 285January 14, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote]ANTIFA my ass

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 286January 14, 2021 7:11 PM

On Twitter there is a Tweet that says the Boogaloo Boys were given a tour and placed stickers on Pelosi and Schiff's doors. Assume the same happened here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 14, 2021 7:12 PM

I wonder if qanon will implode after the 20th. Their entire premise is that Trump is the saviour of the world and that he’s going to serve four more years and arrest everyone, all the way up to the pope. When that doesn’t happen, they call it “the plan”, I wonder what they’ll say?

by Anonymousreply 288January 14, 2021 7:16 PM

I think he'll court them on some media platform and they will either start a new political party, stop voting because they think it's all rigged anyway or move to some third party candidate. I would like to see Trump buy an island and take them all with him where we and his chinless children can rule supreme and we never have to hear or see any of them again.

by Anonymousreply 289January 14, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote]I wonder if qanon will implode after the 20th.

Of course not. it's just like the self-styled "prophets" who predict the end of the world every six months or so. They just say "reasons" and move on to the next supposedly consequential date, and their followers don't bat an eye.

QAnon will say Trump has to wait just a little longer to take over the U.S. government, depose the satanic child molesters and user in an era of unprecedented peace and prosperity. Maybe some time in February.

by Anonymousreply 290January 14, 2021 7:23 PM

yes, scary R282/R283

The comments indicate that it is for certifying Joe Biden and not Trump--nothing to do with impeachment. What I cannot find is whether this was his Washington office or Utah office. I assume DC, which is why it is making news on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 291January 14, 2021 7:30 PM

r280, there was a solid sitcom about ant sized aliens whom infected people such that whatever political affiliation they had, they became extremists and "unrecognizable". It only had one season in 2016. Maybe it was too much on the nose:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 14, 2021 7:56 PM

Interesting - The Q shaman hand been hanging around the Capitol Complex in December, with a spear! When reported to Capitol Police, the witness concerns were dismissed.

Oh, The Capitol Police also have a white supremacy problem, because of course they do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 14, 2021 8:11 PM

Missouri State Representative who skipped HIS OWN SWEARING IN to go to the United States Capitol on Jan. 6th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 14, 2021 9:47 PM

The Confederacy Surrenders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 14, 2021 11:07 PM

I haven't followed these threads, I don't like what ought to be multiple threads being forced into one. It's not the Datalounge way.

But the video of the MAGAt/Proud-Pussy crying and whining about being kicked off the plane and called a terrorist. Ahhhhhh.... it's like mother's milk and a balm to the soul.

Beauteous.

by Anonymousreply 296January 14, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] looking through these video archives and i can say that you definitely weren't getting a full picture of what was going on at the Capitol on January 6 if you weren't on Parler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 14, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] I don't like what ought to be multiple threads being forced into one. It's not the Datalounge way.

Umm...No...

Until the past year or so there have always been running threads so the information doesn't get scattered all over the place. My strong preference is to go back to that rather than having every passing thought posted individually.

by Anonymousreply 298January 14, 2021 11:36 PM

(R263) Is your boss hot? Ever see him in uniform?

by Anonymousreply 299January 14, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote]If you look into Qanon, they were able to go mainstream because they infiltrated other “fringe” groups, aided by facebook’s algorithm. So they went into alternative medicine groups, anti-vax groups, etc., which explains why so many white women are involved. I bet a lot of therapists got sucked in.

So, the Morgellons people?

by Anonymousreply 300January 15, 2021 12:10 AM

I’m amazed that it’s been 8 days and Roger Stone hasn’t been brought up much, if at all. His hands are ALL over this imo.

by Anonymousreply 301January 15, 2021 12:16 AM

Something that just crossed my mind, R263: As we see these reports of the Capitol police and various military/law enforcement/firefighters cooperating, I wonder if, ahead of the inaugural, they are going to do some sort of sweep. Therefore, they don't just need to guard the event, but also guard all of the arrested traitors (?)

by Anonymousreply 302January 15, 2021 12:39 AM

R299 yes he is and yes I have.

by Anonymousreply 303January 15, 2021 1:56 AM

"Kill him with his own gun!"

Jesus Fucking Christ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 15, 2021 2:11 AM

Capitol rioters communicated using military hand signals, law enforcement official says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 15, 2021 3:46 AM

These motherfuckers need to be dealt with violently and publically. Its the only thing these MAGAts understand. It's sickening, but not surprising that they've infected Congress, the white house, the military and law enforcement. Hang them all. Sell tickets and give the money to small businesses

by Anonymousreply 306January 15, 2021 4:39 AM

Trump got what he wanted: Nancy Pelosi cowering under a table for hours while thugs shouted her name and banged on doors. Revenge. I bet he and his family laughed hysterically.

He didn't even want to be President again. It was all part of his carefully-orchestrated terror plot. He had to whip-up the Deplorables into a frenzy with talk of being cheated to get them to rape and pillage. He doesn't give a shit if people got hurt or killed.

He won't be impeached (too late). He'll escape prosecution in New York. His rape victims will be afraid to accuse him. He'll remarry. He'll build a mega-mansion with the money he stole as POTUS. He'll make billions...

He always wins.

by Anonymousreply 307January 15, 2021 4:55 AM

John Heilemann on Lawrence O’Donnell said we are entering an extended period of political violence.

by Anonymousreply 308January 15, 2021 4:58 AM

R308 probably, but it will help that the new government will be working to stop it, not actively trying to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 309January 15, 2021 5:57 AM

R304 those cops are HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 310January 15, 2021 5:57 AM

[quote]it's like mother's milk

Never understood the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 311January 15, 2021 8:56 AM

These MAGATs are now domestic terrorists. They have formed many armed militias throughout the Midwest. They are now a threat to our country, our citizens and our democracy. They need to be eradicated for our national security.

by Anonymousreply 312January 15, 2021 9:20 AM

[quote]Some of these white supremacists are barely even white. With all these exotic and ethnic last names. It's so cringe and embarrassing.

When I was looking at crowd photos of the insurrection I saw probably four or five black men and a group of three Asian men, apparently friends, plus a handful of Latino men. I can't believe they felt safe in that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 313January 15, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote]He won't be impeached

He's BEEN impeached! Twice!

You sound like this fucking idiot my partner works with, who he caught yelling at ABC News yesterday during his lunch break, shouting, "Trump hasn't been impeached! If he had, he wouldn't have run for office!" Just flat-out idiocy. Whether you're saying it because you're ignorant or because you're trolling with your "Trump will always win" shtick, I dunno, but you're a moron either way.

by Anonymousreply 314January 15, 2021 9:26 AM

[quote] I can't believe they felt safe in that crowd.

I can't believe they thought they had a reason to be in that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 315January 15, 2021 9:26 AM

Britney Spears' ex-Husband Jason Alexander Part of Capitol Protest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Still haven't gotten a full explanation from this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 15, 2021 10:15 AM

They should all be arrested and executed immediately.

by Anonymousreply 318January 15, 2021 10:26 AM

These (white trash) insurrectionists are now domestic terrorists. They need to be treated as such, much like how they treated members of BLM and all Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 319January 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Washington Post profile of officers who responded.

DL favorite, officer crushed in door is fine. He does describe the ordeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 15, 2021 11:56 AM

Texas judge doesn't seem to be taking this all too seriously:

A retired Air Force officer who was part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week carried plastic zip-tie handcuffs because he intended “to take hostages,” a prosecutor said in a Texas court on Thursday.

While the prosecutor argued that Brock should be detained, Magistrate Judge Jeffrey L. Cureton said he would release Brock to home confinement – but "limit" his internet access.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 15, 2021 12:31 PM

Texas is a shithole. Wouldn’t be shocked to find out that judge also stormed the capitol

by Anonymousreply 322January 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Giuliani is colluding with the FBI and Kash Patel at the pentagon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323January 15, 2021 2:49 PM

So that tweet from Giuliani it looks like a message from a proud boys member who says he was able to get him and three others off charges via someone in the FBI

Jesus

by Anonymousreply 324January 15, 2021 2:53 PM

Apparently it might not be kash Patel, but a gang member affiliated with the proud boys named Kash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 15, 2021 2:56 PM

Business Insider: Prosecutors say the QAnon Shaman was one of the rioters who meant to 'capture and assassinate elected officials' — including Vice President Mike Pence, court filings show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 15, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote]Business Insider: Prosecutors say the QAnon Shaman was one of the rioters who meant to 'capture and assassinate elected officials' — including Vice President Mike Pence, court filings show.

But he's still hoping for a pardon from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 327January 15, 2021 4:35 PM

Trump's modus operandi is: 1) have others do your dirty work; 2) emerge unscathed; 3) play the innocent victim; 4) take the money and run.

by Anonymousreply 328January 15, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]4) take the money and run.

Which is where it all falls apart.

The turd can't even run for a Quarter Pounder.

by Anonymousreply 329January 15, 2021 5:31 PM

I see him crawling along the tracks like Rosa Moline, r329.

by Anonymousreply 330January 15, 2021 5:34 PM

I’m much more worried about smaller incidents in states like Michigan than I am about activity in DC. No one is getting near the capitol

by Anonymousreply 331January 15, 2021 5:36 PM

[bold]Special Forces veteran visited Capitol a day before he marched with insurrectionists[/bold]

. . .

These “suspicious” visits included at least one Special Forces veteran who met with Republican Reps. Ronny Jackson and August Pfluger of Texas and Reps. Mike Garcia and Tom McClintock of California, according to one veteran who was present. Connecting Vets reached out to the offices of all four representatives for their comment about the nature of those visits but only heard back from Jackson's office.

By Jack Murphy

43 minutes ago

In the aftermath of last week's insurrection in Washington D.C. where President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol building, 30 Democrat lawmakers are calling for an investigation into suspicious tours at the Capitol complex the day prior to the attack.

“The visitors encountered by some of the members of Congress ... appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day,” a statement signed by 30 members of Congress reads. “That group left the White House and marched to the Capitol with the objective of preventing Congress from certifying our election. Members of the group that attacked the Capitol seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol complex.”

These “suspicious” visits included at least one Special Forces veteran who met with Republican Reps. Ronny Jackson and August Pfluger of Texas and Reps. Mike Garcia and Tom McClintock of California, according to one veteran who was present. Connecting Vets reached out to the offices of all four representatives for their comment about the nature of those visits but only heard back from Jackson's office.

In two videos posted on social media, Special Forces veteran and former CIA contractor Casey Gray described his visit to the Capitol, and his interaction with congressional representatives the day prior to the insurrection. One of those videos has since been removed from his social media accounts.

. . .

“I was in D.C. for the march, I watched Trump's speech and then I went on further to march with all the Trump supporters to march from the White House down to the Capitol,” Gray said in a video posted to his social media. Gray ran for Congress in Texas' 11th Congressional District last year, losing to Pfluger. According to Gray's website, he served with Naval Special Boat Teams before transferring to the Army and serving with 19th Special Forces Group while also contracting with the CIA.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 15, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] Trump's modus operandi is: 1) have others do your dirty work; 2) emerge unscathed; 3) play the innocent victim; 4) take the money and run.

Michael Cohen explained that Trump doesn’t given direct orders for illegal acts. He lets it be known what he wants and people who work for him know that means “do it.”

by Anonymousreply 333January 15, 2021 6:04 PM

^ Lock them up

by Anonymousreply 334January 15, 2021 6:05 PM

James Clyburn just said on msnbc that he doesn’t think the Qanon cunts should attend the inauguration.

He is the chair of the inauguration. So those bitches may end up being banned.

by Anonymousreply 335January 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Why would they want to attend what they consider an illegitimate inauguration in the first place?

Oh, that's right, because they don't really believe the bs theyr'e spewing and they want to enjoy the perks of their office.

by Anonymousreply 336January 15, 2021 6:26 PM

Furious Pelosi calls out Capitol riot 'punk'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 15, 2021 6:26 PM

Texas woman who took a private plane to the Capitol Riot was arrested today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338January 15, 2021 6:31 PM

Charter school teacher falsely tells kids that "antifa" was to blame for the riots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 15, 2021 6:38 PM

White Trump supporter arrested for shooting a black girl at a Trump rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 15, 2021 6:46 PM

^^ Clearly has an IQ well below room temperature. ^^

by Anonymousreply 341January 15, 2021 6:49 PM

Art Acevedo: If You Think Storming The Capitol Was Appropriate Then You Don't Need To Wear The Badge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 15, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi cowering under a table for hours

This did not happen. The Speaker and Majority Leader have personal protection details from the

Plus, she she does not "cower."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 15, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote] “The ones in the crowd that somehow appealed to their better angels and offered me some assistance, thank you,” he says. “But fuck you for being there.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 15, 2021 7:25 PM

I quoted this article on another thread. This guy can turn a phrase.

[quote]Instead, all that Trump has left to stoke his ego and nurture his fantasies of unlimited power is the mob, with some of its pelt-wearing, antler-touting, nativist miscreants resembling an 18th century cast out of the gin-soaked, anti-Catholic Gordon Riots in London in 1780. Charles Dickens wrote about that mob in his marvelous novel Barnaby Rudge, describing the frenzied rioters as impressionable fools primed by nativist, anti-Catholic propaganda to join in a purported “defense of religion, life, and liberty,” having fallen prey to hate speech “urging all men to join together blindfold in resistance of they knew not what, they knew not why”—as a result of which “the mania spread indeed, and the body, still increasing every day, grew forty thousand strong.”

[quote]The mob that marched on the British Parliament in 1780 to protest a law easing discrimination against Catholics was unleashed by the mad aristocrat Lord Gordon, and for courage imbibed copious amounts of gin. It was conspiracist to the core, believing there to be a papist plot to undermine the British way of life, and folding into its dire world view a suspicion of the Bank of England and other key institutions of state. Today’s mob, storming the US Congress, was unleashed by the equally mad Donald Trump, intoxicated not on gin but on hallucinatory MAGA and QAnon dreams. It has at its heart revanchist visions of racial purity and Trumpian dominance enforced at the barrel of a gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 15, 2021 7:33 PM

It doesn’t look like trump is done

Scary stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 15, 2021 8:47 PM

Someone ought to press one of those pillows over Mr. MyPillow's face for a long while.

by Anonymousreply 347January 15, 2021 8:58 PM

Arrests of "Domestic Terrorists" for Attack on US Capitol. Acting AG Rosen Refuses to Call Them Out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348January 15, 2021 11:53 PM

Dr. Frankenstein is running from his monster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 16, 2021 12:15 AM

What's this about bitcoin payments?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350January 16, 2021 3:14 AM

For R350:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 16, 2021 3:21 AM

Here's that cop who was crushed in the doorway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 16, 2021 3:26 AM

So glad to see he's OK., R352.

by Anonymousreply 353January 16, 2021 4:55 AM

I hope he stays that way. Good man.

by Anonymousreply 354January 16, 2021 7:06 AM

Spaz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 16, 2021 2:39 PM

Explain the difference...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 16, 2021 5:31 PM

It's paywalled but the Washington Post has any article about the West Virginia legislator who was at the riots. He was an anti-abortion wingnut who would harass women at abortion clinics

by Anonymousreply 357January 16, 2021 5:43 PM

States Brace for Armed Protests in Wake of U.S. Capitol Attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 16, 2021 5:47 PM

First arrest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359January 16, 2021 6:14 PM

Top Lawmakers Not Told of Police Request for Backup Before Riot, Aide and Others Say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 16, 2021 6:15 PM

Anyone who tries anything in DC tomorrow or inauguration is an idiot that won’t get very far. Any “smart” militia groups know to stay home

by Anonymousreply 361January 16, 2021 6:18 PM

"* Ms.* Pelosi and Vice President Mike Pence"

"According to a cooperating witness quoted in court papers, Mr. Pezzola had taken the shield from a Capitol Police officer. He and the mob he led intended to kill “anyone they got their hands on,” the witness said, including Ms. Pelosi and Vice President Mike Pence. Mr. Pezzola, a boxer known as Spaz, was intent on returning to Washington with his group next week to wreak more havoc at President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s inauguration, according to the witness."

by Anonymousreply 362January 16, 2021 6:24 PM

Good call, Nancy!

Retired Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré has been tapped to lead an immediate review of the security of the Capitol complex, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday. Honoré, who led the military’s response to Hurricane Katrina, will review “the Capitol’s security infrastructure, interagency processes and procedures, and command and control,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 16, 2021 6:27 PM

Umm.. no, r298, I've been a member of the DL for more than twenty years.

I prefer the freestyle DL, not the "Shove 100 different stories into one thread" DL. This way is stupid.

Your experience of one or two years here aren't particularly relevant, in terms of knowing and understanding the DL and how we function.

by Anonymousreply 364January 16, 2021 6:38 PM

Speak for yourself r364.

I can do without separate threads for Podium Guy, Zip Tie Guy with mom, Zip Tie Guy who's a fighter pilot, Spaz, Auschwitz Camper, Policeman who died, Policeman in the door, Policeman stabbed with flagpole, Policeman with Paul Manafort ties who committed suicide, Horn-Helmet guy, mentally off rabbi's son, Sammy Davis Jr. guy, Private-Plane Realtor, trampled Don't Tread on Me woman, Confederate flag guy, possibly trans Cleveland Meredith, Olympic swimmer guy, gay porn bottom, insurrectionists kicked off planes, the hundreds of Republican elected officials defending this and all their statements and tweets, public polling related to the event, the effects of Republican spreading COVID-19 during the event, updates from 50 state capitals, what happened January 6, what happened before January 6, what happened after January 6, what's happening now, what might happen next, and more

This is a nice, convenient repository for it all.

But if you want to start and follow 200+ separate threads for each and every aspect of this thing, knock yourself out. I don't see anyone stopping you.

Why you feel the need to come to this thread--obviously used by many--and shit all over it with some meaningless longevity argument, I do not know.

by Anonymousreply 365January 16, 2021 7:12 PM

R364 Do you think you speak for all DLers, or was that the Royal "we"?

Organize and collate these thread topics, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 366January 16, 2021 7:22 PM

It was the royal we, Sylvia.

by Anonymousreply 367January 16, 2021 7:23 PM

r366 - Sorry Sylvia, Muriel moved me from collating back to mimeo.

by Anonymousreply 368January 16, 2021 7:53 PM

Nervous for tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 369January 16, 2021 8:36 PM

Republican Attorney General Group Made Robocalls Encouraging Capitol Protests

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 16, 2021 8:58 PM

Capitol Police arrested a man with an ‘unauthorized’ inauguration credential and a gun at a security checkpoint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 16, 2021 9:05 PM

Article I, section 5 of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

Since 1789 the Senate has expelled only 15 members. Of that number, 14 were expelled during the Civil War for supporting the Confederacy. In several other cases, the Senate considered expulsion but either dropped those proceedings or failed to act before the member left office. In those cases, corruption was the primary cause of complaint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 16, 2021 9:25 PM

Zip tie guy's mommy was arrested! Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 16, 2021 11:16 PM

Lauren Boebert's communication director just resigned

by Anonymousreply 374January 16, 2021 11:18 PM

Yup. They are fighting to the death for a leader who lets them be wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 16, 2021 11:23 PM

Was Lauren Boebert giving tours of the Capitol right before the riots?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Spoiler alert: they don’t really know themselves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 17, 2021 4:32 AM

OMG, R377. I can’t with these people.

“I’m concerned about the lobotomization of America”.

Lady, Trump lobotomized you and you don’t even know it.

by Anonymousreply 378January 17, 2021 4:43 AM

I am sooooo tired of caring about what Trump supporters "think".

by Anonymousreply 379January 17, 2021 8:19 AM

R375 Who is that? I usually prefer masculine men but I want him inside of me.

by Anonymousreply 380January 17, 2021 9:04 AM

They are willingly brainwashed and they need to be deprogrammed, not "listened to" or "understood."

Eradicate the far right websites and news outlets that propagate lies. Isolate and silence Trump; take away his platforms. Punish those responsible for the insurrection to the utmost limits of the law, and reeducate these fools. It will take time, but it can be done. Germany bounced back, but not because people asked former Nazis to share their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 381January 17, 2021 1:03 PM

Brand the radical white supremacist terrorists as terrorists, take down their illegal businesses, prosecute their criminal leaders, and make examples of them.

You can't tell me the QAnon websites are paying taxes.

by Anonymousreply 382January 17, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote] We’re following Trump, your boss,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 17, 2021 2:34 PM

I wonder what the MAGAts are going to think about their orange god after he fails to pardon them...?

by Anonymousreply 384January 17, 2021 2:44 PM

Wow, R383.

"Cruz would want us to do this. I think we're good."

by Anonymousreply 385January 17, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]I wonder what the MAGAts are going to think about their orange god after he fails to pardon them...?

They'll blame the Democrats and "RINOs." It's a cult; they're not capable of independent thought.

by Anonymousreply 386January 17, 2021 2:52 PM

I'm not sure what the terrorists expected would happen. If they succeeded and Democrats in Congress were "removed," did they really think they could waltz back to their Hyatt with a Starbucks beverage in hand, that the Democrats in the country would say "oh well, we were owned, and that there would be no civil war, economic collapse, hunger, etc?

by Anonymousreply 387January 17, 2021 3:17 PM

R384 Some are already calling for his death because he made that tepid, likely forced, and very belated, statement decrying the violence. He's unleashed something that even he may not be able to control, and could very well turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 388January 17, 2021 3:36 PM

They want Civil War II.

by Anonymousreply 389January 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Electric Boogaloo? R389

by Anonymousreply 390January 17, 2021 3:47 PM

Any updates on protests today? They usually start at noon

by Anonymousreply 391January 17, 2021 4:18 PM

Small but armed group in Ohio. They were arguing with a guy waving a tranny flag. Boogaloo boys are there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 17, 2021 4:25 PM

On msnbc they showed about 100 people in Michigan

by Anonymousreply 393January 17, 2021 4:40 PM

OMG!!! They're taking over!

TRUMP SUCCEEDED! IT'S OVER FOR US!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 394January 17, 2021 4:41 PM

Why are they protesting on a Sunday when the buildings are empty? Are they hoping to take an empty building?

by Anonymousreply 395January 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Trump and his TEAM have the SECRET Takeover DOCUMENTS that NO ONE ELSE knows about!

Nancy just gave Trump another FOUR YEARS!!!

IT'S OVER!

by Anonymousreply 396January 17, 2021 4:43 PM

r394-Succeeded? or Ceded?

by Anonymousreply 397January 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Heathens. Sunday is the Lord's Day. Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A are closed, they should be at home in contemplation of the Lord. I thought they were Christians.

by Anonymousreply 398January 17, 2021 5:08 PM

Incredible, shocking footage of the insurrection. The most detailed, up-close footage yet. They just aired this on CNN. The rioters mention that Trump and Cruz would approve of what they're doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 17, 2021 5:30 PM

Here's a YouTube link to the video at R399. You need to watch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 17, 2021 6:32 PM

No, r400, I don't...

by Anonymousreply 401January 17, 2021 6:39 PM

So much human garbage on display. I love how long it took them to figure out, as they were reading Cruz's objection to the Arizona electoral votes, that he wasn't "selling them out" but doing what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 402January 17, 2021 7:00 PM

Sounds like everything has been peaceful (and) small today...hope it holds today and the rest of the week

by Anonymousreply 403January 17, 2021 7:01 PM

Congresswoman Blames Hollywood And Democrats For Riot In Washington

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404January 17, 2021 7:02 PM

^^ Thanks for giving us the traitorous GOP cunt's perspective, Lauren. ^^

by Anonymousreply 405January 17, 2021 7:21 PM

Why do these right-wing bimbos all look exactly alike? That Boebert cunt could be a digitally de-aged Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 406January 17, 2021 7:30 PM

Retired Lt. Gen. Honoré On Leading Probe Into Capitol Security Lapses During Insurrection | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407January 17, 2021 7:33 PM

ProPublica has sorted Parler videos by timestamp, enabling a view of the day by those who believed they were being Patriots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 17, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote]You can't tell me the QAnon websites are paying taxes.

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 409January 17, 2021 7:43 PM

If a parade was done for those MAGAs, they would have been happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410January 17, 2021 8:18 PM

Tapper: I wish I saw evidence these people had a conscience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 17, 2021 8:30 PM

ProPublica video collection in chronological order

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 17, 2021 8:36 PM

In terms of the larger picture, at least three allied European intelligence agencies believe that Trump fomented the mob because he could not get the military to assist him. They have suggested there was at least some degree of collusion with federal law enforcement. Given how fast the Capitol Police chief resigned and left the building, there's some credence to that. Second, that view is reinforced by a former senior official on Trump's National Security Council — Fiona Hill, whom everyone should recognize from the Russiagate testimony she gave. She believes that Trump was consciously trying to trigger a coup using the military, and that the intervention from 10 former secretaries of defense may have prevented it.

We now know that the Republican Attorneys General Association sent out robocalls the day before, encouraging people to descend on the Capitol. Republican dark money financed the rioters, gave them bus tickets and chartered the transportation. Dark money is the so-called 501(c)(4) organizations with anonymous donors, that Republicans on the Supreme Court claim is such a wonderful idea for freedom.

Finally, two-thirds of House Republicans voted to nullify the results of legitimate elections that had been recounted multiple times and survived many court challenges. They did this a few hours after the entire place was vandalized and everybody's lives were in danger. A YouGov poll found that 45 percent of Republicans, after the fact, approved of the assault on the Capitol. [In fairness, a more robust ABC News/Washington Post poll conducted this past week found that only 20 percent of Republicans approved.] And now there is new information that extremists plan to encircle the Capitol to assassinate Democrats.

The severity of the threat means that we cannot afford an ineffective response. Considering your experience in government and your wider historical perspective, how do you suggest we react?

It is necessary to see the historical analogies that tell us what works and what doesn't work. The thing that pops into everyone's mind is the Civil War. People tend to get all misty-eyed about Lincoln's statement, "With malice toward none, and charity for all." That was his second inaugural address in March of 1865. What were the results? A couple of weeks later, what he got out of it was a bullet in the head. What Blacks got out of it was Jim Crow. What Confederates got was pardons, amnesties, dropped charges and the ability to rewrite history. The rest of us were saddled with them, and now we have a large portion of the country — a single region that is basically a Third World state.

We haven't had much trouble with Germany in the past 75 years, because in 1945, basically, they were treated to a Carthaginian peace — a massive military occupation and a few strategic hangings of the ringleaders. It was assisted, of course, by the fact that the Germans had to be on their best behavior, because they didn't want us to go home, and leave them to the tender mercies of the Russians.

Those examples show you what works, and what encourages people in cases of massive insurrection. Being overly lenient only encourages them

Democrats seem to think that once they elect a Democratic president, they can all go back to sleep. We saw the consequences of that complacency in 1994. We saw it in 2010. During the first term of a Democratic president, you typically get landslides in the midterm against the sitting president. I fear that people could become complacent again. Then, there are many on the progressive left who think that their own gullibility is worldly-wise cynicism. They'll say: "Oh, it's just death by poison or death by hanging — the two parties are really the same." Well, they're not. They're making the same mistake as the far left in Weimar Germany, their delusion that the Social Democrats were the same as the Nazis. Don't kid yourself. Even a decadent status quo is better than living in a combination of Kim Jong-un's North Korea and anarchic Somalia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 17, 2021 8:39 PM

R413, Can we at least wait for the Inauguration?

by Anonymousreply 414January 17, 2021 8:47 PM

No, R414.

From what I see, Thursday morning there is going to be a rousing, united call from the right to move on given that Cheetolini is out of office.

It's unconstitutional, they'll say...

It's divisive, they'll say...

It's a power grab, they'll say...

In my strong opinion Nancy should have put her foot down no later than Friday, January 8th and initiated impeachment first thing Monday morning. Now we are at a point where some of his supporters have a small bit of wiggle room to claim that it is a waste of time for one, and that they should be allowed to impeach Obama/Hillary/LBJ, etc. for another.

Nope. Sorry. No rest for the wicked--we must destroy them before they destroy us.

by Anonymousreply 415January 17, 2021 9:00 PM

The DoJ has a handy chart of investigations regarding the riots with links to complaints, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 17, 2021 9:03 PM

AP: Trump allies behind rally that ignited Capitol riot

Members of President Donald Trump’s failed presidential campaign played key roles in orchestrating the Washington rally that spawned a deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol, undercutting claims the event was the brainchild of the president’s grassroots supporters.

A pro-Trump nonprofit group called Women for America First hosted the “Save America Rally” on Jan. 6 at the Ellipse, an oval-shaped, federally owned patch of land near the White House. But an attachment to the National Park Service public gathering permit granted to the group lists more than half a dozen people in staff positions for the event who just weeks earlier had been paid thousands of dollars by Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign. Other staff scheduled to be “on site” during the demonstration have close ties to the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 17, 2021 9:03 PM

Further, R414, while absolutely every word of this is worth listening to, his thoughts at about the seven minute mark really pound home the urgency of the work ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 17, 2021 9:27 PM

If you let up on paying attention, organizing, voting--Kevin McCarthy is Speaker of the House and Turtle is Senate Majority Leader in two years, January 2023.

by Anonymousreply 419January 17, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]People tend to get all misty-eyed about Lincoln's statement, "With malice toward none, and charity for all." That was his second inaugural address in March of 1865. What were the results? A couple of weeks later, what he got out of it was a bullet in the head. What Blacks got out of it was Jim Crow. What Confederates got was pardons, amnesties, dropped charges and the ability to rewrite history.

Punish them now

by Anonymousreply 420January 17, 2021 9:52 PM

A woman allegedly attempted to bluff her way past a Washington, DC security checkpoint by pretending to be a law enforcement officer — then fled the real cops before she was busted, according to authorities.

The suspect approached the checkpoint around 8:45 a.m. Saturday, said that she was in law enforcement, the US Capitol Police wrote in a statement.

As proof, the woman presented a challenge coin, a commemorative trinket commonly given in military or law-enforcement organizations to mark an achievement or special occasion, according to the USCP.

While officers continued to question the woman— who was not immediately identified by name — she sped off in a vehicle, the USCP said.

She was stopped again a short distance from the checkpoint and arrested on charges of false impersonation of a law enforcement officer, failure to obey an officer and fleeing a law enforcement officer, authorities said.

The woman then underwent a psychiatric evaluation and was placed in custody at a USCP cell block, according to the department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 17, 2021 10:13 PM

Armed Protesters Arrive At Michigan Capitol | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 17, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote] Wow, @WomenforTrump still have up the adds for Jan.6. That’s truly crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Oh, r415, I'm all for total annihilation, more than symbolically, but I was just thinking that we ought not to underestimate the fortitude and essential tough-cookieness of Joe Biden, particularly a Joe Biden with power. He will confer with NP.

by Anonymousreply 424January 17, 2021 11:57 PM

I agree, R424. I trust Joe and Nancy both as master chess players, and I am certain that there is much, much, MUCH more to this that they know which we don't. It is truly a crisis unlike anything we have seen in a generation.

But I also feel like their options dissipate the longer it gets drawn out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425January 18, 2021 1:15 AM

Scary that this even has to be considered. It’s looking more and more like the outdoor inauguration is a bad idea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 18, 2021 1:41 AM

Full article, they’ve already been vetting people and so far there have been no issues. They really aren’t taking any precautions whatsoever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 18, 2021 1:49 AM

Could get bad in Virginia tomorrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 18, 2021 1:54 AM

Chances, r427.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 18, 2021 1:59 AM

Biden is surrounded by very smart people who know what they’re doing. Years and years of security experience. If they say it’s safe then it’s likely safe. They aren’t going to take any precautions. They won’t do the ceremony at the capitol if there’s even a hint that it wouldn’t be safe.

by Anonymousreply 430January 18, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote] Could get bad in Virginia tomorrow

Soledad O'Brien tweeted this about a black friend who was planning to check into a hotel in Virginia tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431January 18, 2021 2:15 AM

That is incredibly sickening, R431. I guess it's nice that they warned him, and hopefully they refunded his deposit.

by Anonymousreply 432January 18, 2021 2:26 AM

Fromm a producer for Reuters:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Wow, one of these winners is a self-professed white supremacist who's obsessed with school shootings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 18, 2021 3:47 AM

Thank you r418 That video was brilliant and full of brutal truth

by Anonymousreply 435January 18, 2021 4:14 AM

Good idea, r427.

by Anonymousreply 436January 18, 2021 5:15 AM

I wonder where Ali Alexander has gone. I'd bet good money that he's going to end up in a Russian-style "suicide."

by Anonymousreply 437January 18, 2021 5:30 AM

R418 I’m in love. His Twitter banner makes me want him inside of me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 18, 2021 5:56 AM

People in the Capitol complex are being told to shelter where they are due to a security threat

by Anonymousreply 439January 18, 2021 2:29 PM

There was a fire at a homeless encampment nearby. In other news, here comes another call about my non-existent vehicle's extended warranty!

by Anonymousreply 440January 18, 2021 2:47 PM

trump followers are zombies, brain dead and filled with blood lust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 18, 2021 4:15 PM

What do we know about the crushed cop?

by Anonymousreply 442January 18, 2021 4:50 PM

(R442) The cop is fine now. He's given some interviews and says that it he felt proud to have helped to defend the country against the insurrection. His name is Daniel Hodges (and is pretty cute).

by Anonymousreply 443January 18, 2021 4:58 PM

Daniel Hodges reminds me of James Ransome, of Tangerine and The Wire fame.

by Anonymousreply 444January 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Yes, R443, but do we know anything else about him? I think he'd kind of cute and hope he's not a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 445January 18, 2021 5:29 PM

Is there a running tally of all the terrorists that have been arrested somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 446January 18, 2021 5:43 PM

I think you mean James Ransone r444.

by Anonymousreply 447January 18, 2021 5:48 PM

You're right r447.. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 448January 18, 2021 5:50 PM

How many "suicides" are associated with this (bowel) Movement?

by Anonymousreply 449January 18, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]Is there a running tally of all the terrorists that have been arrested somewhere?

Sedition Tracker, which has been shared numerous times in this thread and several other threads, is a good place to start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Thanks R450.

by Anonymousreply 451January 18, 2021 6:01 PM

Ex-FBI deputy director: New riot video reminds me of Benghazi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 18, 2021 6:29 PM

Here's a rioter who is an Army reservist with a security clearance....with access to a "variety of munitions" who is also a Nazi sympathizer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 18, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]Ex-FBI deputy director: New riot video reminds me of Benghazi

So does this mean Fox News is now blaming Hillary for the Jan. 6 insurrection?

by Anonymousreply 454January 18, 2021 6:58 PM

I'm watching this guy live from Richmond Rally. They seem like SNL characters but they're armed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 18, 2021 7:12 PM

Rep. Steve Cohen claims that Lauren Boebert was giving unauthorized tours of the Capitol before the riots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 18, 2021 7:44 PM

Buh-bye, Lorena Bobbitt, or whatever your name is.

by Anonymousreply 457January 18, 2021 8:01 PM

Mmmm, Andrew McCabe. DILF.

by Anonymousreply 458January 18, 2021 8:45 PM

Shit! It figures some of them would be from Kentucky and it's some of the really ugly ones too.

by Anonymousreply 459January 18, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote] Wow, they’re having a reunion already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 18, 2021 10:11 PM

I think this is from the Richmond cosplay today.

Imagine having an extra $7,000 to spend on gear (plus travel/hotel/food...) to prove you are oppressed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 18, 2021 11:09 PM

It's hilarious that these freaks go to such extremes while worshipping a fat, lazy, traitorous coward who faked bone spurs to avoid military service.

by Anonymousreply 462January 18, 2021 11:23 PM

8:30pm vs. 8:30am

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463January 19, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] ’m in Alabama at work right now. My supervisor is in the National Guard and he just received a text from his superiors saying leave work right now and go directly to Washington DC. The text said that he wasn’t even supposed to go home first. It said to leave work drive to Washington DC without stopping except for gas. Has anyone else heard of something like this happening right now?

Any update on this, R254?

It seems to me that they needed as many bodies as they could get, as safely (which is why driving would is preferable to flying) as they could get sx they have to screen every one of them and some might not make the cut and need to get sent away.

by Anonymousreply 464January 19, 2021 1:53 AM

Lincoln Project ad running on CNN now

This is your coup. This is your siege. This is your insurrection.

You, Ted Cruz.

You, Josh Hawley.

You, Kevin McCarthy.

You will be held accountable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465January 19, 2021 5:28 AM

And then they did more, one each for these folks, to run in their districts. Example for Louis Gohmert below.

@RepAndyBiggsAZ

@DevinNunes

@EliseStefanik

@Jim_Jordan

@gopleader

@replouiegohmert

@RepMattGaetz

@RepMoBrooks

@RepGosar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 19, 2021 5:36 AM

Texas man at riots threatened to kill his children if they turned him in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 19, 2021 3:26 PM

Two members of the National Guard who were supposed to be defending DC have been removed after they were found to have ties to right-wing militias

by Anonymousreply 468January 19, 2021 3:27 PM

They found two so far. Unfortunately there are likely many more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 19, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]Two members of the National Guard who were supposed to be defending DC have been removed after they were found to have ties to right-wing militias

This, as Texas Gov. Abbott rails against investigating Guard members for militia ties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 19, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]Texas man at riots threatened to kill his children if they turned him in

"We love you, you're very special."

by Anonymousreply 471January 19, 2021 3:54 PM

NBC New's Rebecca Shabad:

McConnell says on the Senate floor (today) that the rioters who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 were "provoked by the president and other powerful people" and "they tried to use fear and violence" to stop the counting of electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 472January 19, 2021 4:17 PM

The Proud Boys and other right-wing groups used a "Christian" site to raise money for things like guns and body armor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473January 19, 2021 5:10 PM

Punchbowl News: At least 20 Capitol Police officers had active Covid-19 cases by late last week, multiple sources tell us. Some of these cases could be tied to the riot in the Capitol, our sources say. USCP is now providing rapid testing for all USCP officers.

by Anonymousreply 474January 19, 2021 5:18 PM

According to Frank Figliuzzi

The FBI is investigating reports of stolen National Guard uniforms, identification badges, and ID's. MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 475January 19, 2021 5:39 PM

Saw that, r472. Yet he wouldn't call them back to vote to convict.

by Anonymousreply 476January 19, 2021 6:20 PM

McConnell may be waiting for more info to be made public, R476 -- stuff that would give Republicans more cover for voting to convict. I think the odds of that are slim, but hope springs eternal.

by Anonymousreply 477January 19, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]The FBI is investigating reports of stolen National Guard uniforms, identification badges, and ID's. MSNBC

I see nothing about this on the MSNBC website. It does say that about a dozen National Guard members have been relieved of their duties before the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 478January 19, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote]I see nothing about this on the MSNBC website. It does say that about a dozen National Guard members have been relieved of their duties before the inauguration.

Someone on the news said their social media had comments inappropriate for a service member.

by Anonymousreply 479January 19, 2021 10:34 PM

[bold]Members of anti-gay group 'Super Happy Fun America' arrested for storming Capitol[/bold]

Two members of a pro-heterosexuality group known "Super Happy Fun America" were arrested this week in connection with the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Massachusetts residents Suzanne Ianni, 59, and Mark Sahady, 46, were said to have been taken into custody at their respective homes without incident.

According to WBZ, both members of the group "were charged with knowingly entering or remaining in a restriction building or grounds without lawful authority and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 19, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote]became furious at how ‘white trash’ would tarnish his image, according to UK newspaper

Can't say he's wrong!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 20, 2021 12:09 AM

Do not taunt Super Happy Fun America.

by Anonymousreply 482January 20, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]Super Happy Fun America

It's nice to know that if we felt like it, Gay America could crush them and then grind them into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 483January 20, 2021 12:18 AM

NBC News’ Ben Collins:

QAnon people are 100% all in on Trump staying in office and starting a coup tomorrow. One Q forum is banning dissent.

"ANY dooming or negative comments pertaining to current situation will result in removal and ban if repeated."

No idea how they will cope with reality tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 484January 20, 2021 12:40 AM

They won't even blink as they move the goalposts yet again.

by Anonymousreply 485January 20, 2021 12:52 AM

Super Happy Fun America - looks exactly the way you'd expect a "straight pride" group to look (like a bunch of stupid slobs)

by Anonymousreply 486January 20, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]"ANY dooming or negative comments pertaining to current situation will result in removal and ban if repeated."

Have they no concerned posters?

by Anonymousreply 487January 20, 2021 2:32 AM

these creatures were just arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 20, 2021 2:53 AM

she's a skin care "expert"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489January 20, 2021 2:55 AM

We need to talk to these poor, oppressed working class people from Beverly Hills!

by Anonymousreply 490January 20, 2021 3:54 AM

You can see they are just economically anxious.

by Anonymousreply 491January 20, 2021 4:09 AM

A couple of these assholes were involved in creating the "Straight Pride Parade"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 20, 2021 5:23 PM

A good subReddit with a minute-by-minute updates of arrests and identifications. It gave me several days of permanent schadenfreude erection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 20, 2021 5:55 PM

They found the asshole who pinned a police officer between doors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 20, 2021 8:11 PM

#KeystoneKopsKoup

by Anonymousreply 495January 20, 2021 8:34 PM

This is the guy who attacked Officer Hodges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 21, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]NEWWWWS -- Michael Flynn's brother was on the call and resisting emergency pleas for the National Guard when the Capitol was under attack Jan. 6. The Army falsely denied it for weeks. - Carol Leonnig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 21, 2021 12:43 AM

The private jet rioter Dumb Jenna Ryan from Frisco, TX is trying to outdumb herself each passing day. Oh, NOES!! Someone took her MAGA hat!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Stop the steal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 21, 2021 6:16 PM

From R499's link:

[quote]Republicans effectively claiming “he’s not one of ours” now is pretty insulting. They own this.

They need to play that one press conference from early in the Trump reign of terror where Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and a whole group of Repugs stood on the steps of the Capitol and fellated Trump as the greatest most powerful, magical man of wonder they had every had the privilege to work with in their entire lives and probably for all eternity. It was disgusting then and should never, ever be forgotten now.

by Anonymousreply 500January 21, 2021 6:50 PM

A couple of things that have occurred to me that are not mentioned in this article:

1) several of those arrested see to have been ok while in service, but lost once discharged or retired. While bigoted at the core, they also need structure, community and/or something to focus on to get through their lives. The absence of some outside force telling them when, where & how cripples them.

2) I wonder if the authorities prioritized arresting law enforcement and military immediately after 1/6 to discourage attacks 1/20. While I don't doubt that the percentage is high, is it possible that the ratio will shrink somewhat further down the road now that we have finally gotten adult supervision?

3) I'm still not fully understanding the connection with Flynn's brother. It may be interesting down the line to see if we got a quiet and orderly inaugural yesterday because of some behind the scenes maneuvering or exposing of the yet-to-be-named traitors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 21, 2021 8:08 PM

R496, I thought I read that there was some speculation that another guy attacked Hodges by lifting his face shield and punching him in the face, while McCaughey may have put Hodges’ face shield back over his eyes. Is there anything about that? The video I saw wasn’t clear about who was actually messing with his face shield, although it clearly showed McCaughey facing away in a nearby area a few minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 502January 21, 2021 8:45 PM

The twitter feed at R498 is something else.

She flew on a private plane (and bragged about it on social media), but needs to crowdsource for her legal fees?

by Anonymousreply 503January 21, 2021 9:12 PM

It wasn't her plane. She said some random "cute guy" reached out to her on Facebook and asked if she (among others) wanted to go. Dark money paid for these morons to get there and to stay in swanky hotels in the DC area.

by Anonymousreply 504January 21, 2021 9:31 PM

This guy was arrested for beating a police officer with a hockey stick (!!!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 21, 2021 9:38 PM

Are any of the sites posting the deplorable's mugshots?

by Anonymousreply 506January 21, 2021 10:47 PM

Some were true believers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507January 21, 2021 11:10 PM

Fuck your feelings, Lin Wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 22, 2021 2:10 AM

There’s a First Amendment right to call for the Vice President to be assassinated? News to me.

by Anonymousreply 509January 22, 2021 2:15 AM

[bold]'We feel incredibly betrayed': Thousands of Guardsmen forced to vacate Capitol[/bold]

Thousands of National Guardsmen were forced to vacate congressional grounds on Thursday and are now taking their rest breaks outside and in nearby parking garages, after two weeks of sleepless nights protecting the nation’s capital in the wake of the violent assault on Jan. 6.

One unit, which had been resting in the Dirksen Senate Office building, was abruptly told to vacate the facility on Thursday, according to one Guardsman. The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.

“Yesterday dozens of senators and congressmen walked down our lines taking photos, shaking our hands and thanking us for our service. Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed,” the Guardsman said.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 22, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote]'We feel incredibly betrayed': Thousands of Guardsmen forced to vacate Capitol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 22, 2021 12:14 PM

R511 This is the cunt that threatened to become a Republican if Bernie Sanders won. I do not trust her.

by Anonymousreply 512January 22, 2021 12:24 PM

Surprised La Senatrice didn't offer them lodging.

by Anonymousreply 513January 22, 2021 12:26 PM

Do you trust Tammy Duckworth? She's taking care of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514January 22, 2021 12:31 PM

^Never trust anyone named Tammy, you know that.

by Anonymousreply 515January 22, 2021 1:11 PM

Tammy is ex-military, so she knows what they're going through.

by Anonymousreply 516January 22, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote] Are any of the sites posting the deplorable's mugshots?

LOL! When Andy Ngo did that during the summer riots in Portland and elsewhere the antifa-affiliated thugbois of the Pacific Northwest threatened to eliminate him and I do mean eliminate.

by Anonymousreply 517January 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Waco attorney files 54 page lawsuit to have the election nullified, Congress disbanded, Zuckerberg barred from office...and insists that he should not be arrested for storming the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 22, 2021 2:45 PM

What is it about Waco that makes people so exceptionally batshit crazy?

by Anonymousreply 519January 22, 2021 3:44 PM

Maybe the name *Waco*, Sylvia?

by Anonymousreply 520January 22, 2021 3:48 PM

This site claims to have captured the face of every rioter caught on camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 22, 2021 3:51 PM

Is the Wacp lawyer at R518 getting legal advice on his lawsuit from Rudy Giuliani?

by Anonymousreply 522January 22, 2021 3:55 PM

Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 22, 2021 4:01 PM

What?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Sorry if the video posted twice DL locked up when I tried the first link.

by Anonymousreply 525January 22, 2021 4:03 PM

Poor r517 thinks "antifa" is real

by Anonymousreply 526January 22, 2021 5:27 PM

One of these chodes is a self-proclaimed dating expert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527January 22, 2021 6:10 PM

R527, a "dating strategist". Basically, he tries to tell men how to manipulate and use women.

by Anonymousreply 528January 22, 2021 6:21 PM

R517 is probably Andrew Ngo himself. Or, maybe, he can tell us which of the names on the list below is him?

Slow day on Parler, R517? Oh, wait - every day is a slow day on Parler now!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 22, 2021 6:56 PM

While authorities have charged more than 100 individuals in the riot, details in the new allegations against three U.S. military veterans offer a disturbing look at what they allegedly said to one another before, during and after the attack — statements that indicate a degree of preparation and determination to rush deep into the halls and tunnels of Congress to make “citizens’ arrests” of elected officials.

U.S. authorities charged an apparent leader of the Oath Keepers extremist group, Thomas Edward Caldwell, 66, of Berryville, Va., in the attack, alleging that the Navy veteran helped organize a ring of dozens who coordinated their movements as they “stormed the castle” to disrupt the confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.

“We have about 30-40 of us. We are sticking together and sticking to the plan,” co-defendant Jessica Watkins, 38, an Army veteran, said while the breach was underway, according to court documents.

“You are executing citizen’s arrest. Arrest this assembly, we have probable cause for acts of treason, election fraud,” a man replied, according to audio recordings of communications between Watkins and others during the incursion.

“We are in the main dome right now. We are rocking it. They are throwing grenades, they are fricking shooting people with paint balls. But we are in here,” a woman believed to be Watkins said, according to court documents.

The three are charged with five federal counts of conspiracy against the United States; obstructing an official government proceeding; impeding or injuring government officers; and destroying U.S. property, entering restricted grounds and disorderly conduct at the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 22, 2021 10:06 PM

I never realized how many mentally ill lawyers we have in this country before Dump. The whole article is a must read.

[quote]Texas attorney Paul Davis, who was fired earlier this month after posting several Instagram videos of himself on the front lines at the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, filed an impressively grandiose lawsuit in federal court on Monday, requesting that Congress disappear entirely and that nearly everyone who holds high office in the United States, along with Mark Zuckerberg, be barred from ever seeking election or voting again. He also asked the court to tell the Justice Department and FBI not to arrest him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 22, 2021 10:13 PM

Fucked around and found out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 22, 2021 11:06 PM

^Textbook example of people who are bullies and wannabe tough guys... as soon as something goes wrong, they're suddenly the biggest victims.

by Anonymousreply 533January 23, 2021 12:48 AM

Rioters were getting realtime intel on location of Congress. There was a plan to gas them in the underground tunnels

[quote] In charging papers, the FBI said that during the Capitol riot, Caldwell received Facebook messages from unspecified senders updating him of the location of lawmakers. When he posted a one-word message, “Inside,” he received exhortations and directions describing tunnels, doors and hallways, the FBI said.

[quote] Some messages, according to the FBI, included, “Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down,” and “Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps.” Another message read: “All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,” the FBI added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534January 23, 2021 1:04 AM

Who sent those messages?

by Anonymousreply 535January 23, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote[ Who sent those messages?

The article says it was a Facebook message but does not say from whom. I sincerely hope the FBI is aware but is keeping it a secret--I can't imagine that they don't know.

by Anonymousreply 536January 23, 2021 1:22 AM

Zip tie guy just threw his mom under the bus. Funny how these wannabe tough guys are now hiding behind mommy. Did his mom make him buy all those guns, too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 23, 2021 1:42 AM

I also think I read, r537, that the FBI testified that he did not bring the zip ties but he "found" them on a desk.

This is all so crazy.

by Anonymousreply 538January 23, 2021 1:46 AM

Cuomo just had on the 18 year old whose dad threatened to kill the family if they turned him in. It was heart-breaking.

by Anonymousreply 539January 23, 2021 2:04 AM

This is fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 540January 23, 2021 2:05 AM

Republican Congressman Caught Trying To Carry Gun Onto House Floor | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 23, 2021 2:58 AM

I'm wondering if that fired Texas lawyer @R531 is trying to lay the groundwork for the insanity defence with that nutty lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 542January 23, 2021 5:11 AM

R541 I can’t believe we’ve reached this point.

by Anonymousreply 543January 23, 2021 4:01 PM

The Justice Department revealed new charges against a Texas man who allegedly participated in the Capitol attack and posted online death threats against Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and a US Capitol Police officer.

Garret Miller of Texas faces five criminal charges stemming from the Capitol insurrection, including trespassing offenses and making death threats. Miller allegedly tweeted, "assassinate AOC," according to court documents.

He also said the police officer who fatally shot a Trump supporter during the attack "deserves to die" and won't "survive long" because it's "huntin[g] season."

Prosecutors said in newly released court documents that Miller posted extensively on social media before and during the attack, saying a "civil war could start" and "next time we bring the guns."

He was arrested on Wednesday, according to the Justice Department. Federal prosecutors are asking a judge to keep him in jail pending trial, and a detention hearing is scheduled for Monday.

Clint Broden, a lawyer for Miller, told CNN Saturday that his client "certainly regrets what he did."

"He did it in support of former President (Donald) Trump, but regrets his actions. He has the support of his family, and a lot of the comments, as viewed in context, are really sort of misguided political hyperbole. Given the political divide these days, there is a lot of hyperbole," Broden said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544January 23, 2021 8:06 PM

Michelle Obama attended his dad’s memorial… because his brother is in the Secret Service.

[quote] A Donald Trump-loving gym owner who authorities say attacked a police officer during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol is the son of a deceased New Jersey trooper and has a brother in the U.S. Secret Service, HuffPost has learned.

[quote] Scott Kevin Fairlamb, the owner of Fairlamb Fit and a former ultimate fighter, is the son of retired New Jersey Trooper Preston “Jay” Fairlamb Jr., who died in a 2012 motorcycle crash. Michelle Obama, the first lady at the time, attended a memorial service for the elder Fairlamb because his other son, Preston “Jay” Fairlamb III, had led her Secret Service detail. Obama even mentioned Preston Fairlamb III in her recent memoir, writing that they “became real friends” and shared stories and jokes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545January 23, 2021 9:07 PM

R544, right-wingers ridiculed AOC for saying she thought her life was in danger....guess they were wrong

by Anonymousreply 546January 23, 2021 10:06 PM

Republicans - the party of personal responsibility.

In case you need a refresher, this is the cunt who flew to the insurrection on a private plane and boasted about it. People are already reporting this grift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547January 23, 2021 10:21 PM

38 Capitol Police employees have tested positive for Covid since the riots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 24, 2021 12:08 AM

Will Hurd, a Republican, is a former member of Congress from Texas.

Joe Biden is president in large part because Republicans have been incapable of growing the GOP to better reflect the changing demographics in the United States. We won’t be able to change that without addressing the epidemic of misinformation that has infected the party and realigning our party’s actions based on our values.

Republicans have lost seven of the last eight national popular votes, and it only took four years for us to lose the House, Senate and the White House. Republicans aren’t going to achieve electoral success by being seen as the party that defends QAnon extremists who advocate the murder of the former vice president. Nor will we see success by supporting white supremacists who call a Black police officer the n-word while that police officer puts his life on the line to protect democracy. Every Republican on the ballot in 2022 will face campaign attack ads that affiliate them with the domestic terrorists who charged the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

If the party wants a future, the elected officials, pundits and activists who claim to be its members must stop peddling conspiracy theories and drive out those who continue to do so. Republicans must be honest and do the right thing based on conservative values, not the thing that leads to more clicks, comments or shares on social media.

Those of us who were old enough on 9/11 will always remember the image of the second plane slamming into the World Trade Center, just like all of us will remember the images of thousands of people at the Capitol attempting an insurrection on Jan. 6. Both were acts of terrorism conducted by fanatics. If Islamist terrorism was the existential challenge of the early 2000s, then the environment of disinformation, misinformation and lies fueling domestic terrorism is the challenge of our current generation. This “infodemic" is getting worse, and it is radicalizing elements of our society.

The truth is, President Donald Trump lost big time. Many Republicans on the ballot across the country in 2020 outperformed the president by significant margins. He was an anchor around our necks at the voting booth.

If you believe that there was widespread fraud in the election, then you haven’t reviewed the right data, or you are listening to manipulative voices who wish to make money off you or to hawk merchandise. The state and local officials responsible for conducting elections are Republicans and Democrats who faithfully executed their duty to conduct a free and fair election.

Furthermore, if you elevate a flag that has someone’s name on it to the same level that you elevate your national flag, then you are not a patriot; you are part of a cult. When we put our hands on our hearts, we pledge allegiance to a flag, not an individual. The flag represents a nation founded on a perpetual goal to form a more perfect union, not a commitment to any one person.

The events of the past weeks show that we are far from perfect. We have given our enemies around the world fewer reasons to fear us and our allies fewer reasons to love us. If Republicans want to change their persistent popular vote losses at the national level, then we must realign our actions with our values.

Lawmakers should draw two lessons from the election: Don’t be a jerk, and don’t be a socialist. The GOP has a real opportunity to grow the party as Democrats lurch toward a far-left agenda that is out of touch with most Americans. The new GOP must reassert an old formula: Freedom enables opportunity. Opportunity allows for growth. Growth leads to progress.

Using these values to guide our decisions and being honest about the tough choices our country must make to keep this century the American Century will translate to electoral success. A new GOP starts with us looking in the mirror and being honest with ourselves about what we believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549January 24, 2021 12:21 AM

“The GOP has a real opportunity to grow the party as Democrats lurch toward a far-left agenda that is out of touch with most Americans.”

Biden has put back environmental protections, wants to raise the minimum wage and extend unemployment, and wants at risk workers to be able to quit a job where the boss is anti-mask and anti safety. Oh noes! Whatever shall we do? Because no middle class or poor American wants any of that.

Workers want to continue working for $7 an hour, or less, if they can’t get tips, no healthcare, no paid vacation, no OSHA regulations, constantly exposed to Covid because the boss doesn’t want to pay for a plexiglas shield in front of the cash register, and they want to be called contractors instead of employees so they get no overtime or benefits, and can be fired at will at any time with no warning. Or wait, maybe that’s about twenty rich guys that own everything that want that.

Who’s out of touch with “real Americans” again?

by Anonymousreply 550January 24, 2021 1:57 AM

These days, according to the GOP, anyone to the left of Reagan is a radical leftist. Reagan himself would be considered dangerously liberal, even though he wasn't liberal at all - the GOP has just moved that far to the right.

by Anonymousreply 551January 24, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote]Lawmakers should draw two lessons from the election: Don’t be a jerk, and don’t be a socialist. The GOP has a real opportunity to grow the party as Democrats lurch toward a far-left agenda that is out of touch with most Americans. The new GOP must reassert an old formula: Freedom enables opportunity. Opportunity allows for growth. Growth leads to progress.

Hypocritical asshole GOPer to the end. So, Repugs are the jerks and Democrats are the socialists? And those things are equivalent? Jerk is the harshest word to describe murderous, traitorous mobs seeking to murder members of Congress as directed by the President of your party and this is what you dare to write? Fuck you, you piece of bothsider piece of shit. Of course, what more could you expect from someone who suffers whatever kind of mental deficiency that would lead a black man to join the Repug party. We see you, Will Hurd, and you are an embarrassment of a human being. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 552January 24, 2021 2:12 AM

As a far-left socialist, I still haven't received my copy of the official agenda. Do you think they sent it to Joe and Kamala by mistake?? I may need to speak to the manager of Far-Left Socialism.

by Anonymousreply 553January 24, 2021 2:50 AM

Don't hold your breath, R553. I am 50, I came out officially at 20, I am still waiting for my copy of the Gay Agenda.

by Anonymousreply 554January 24, 2021 2:52 AM

Scott Perry, a House of Representatives member from PA, conspired with Trump to overturn the election results

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555January 24, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] Under the criminal law, a person is presumed to intend the natural and foreseeable consequences of his actions. What happened on 1/6 meets both prongs to establish criminal intent for incitement. Moreover, If Trump did not intend there to be violent rioting, his actions during and after the violence would have been abject horror and strenuous efforts to stem and condemn the violence. That did not occur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 25, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]out of touch with most Americans

If wanting affordable healthcare, environmental protections, equal rights etc. is out of touch with most Americans then most Americans are pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 557January 25, 2021 2:46 PM

Josh Hawley has been defending these militia loons for decades....he even defended to Oklahoma City bombing when he was 15!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558January 25, 2021 5:29 PM

Homocon Brandon Straka charged:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559January 25, 2021 7:33 PM

^ Ha ha!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 560January 25, 2021 7:45 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene was planning "1776, Part 2" with members of the Proud Boys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561January 25, 2021 7:46 PM

Oregon GOP is calling the Capitol attack a "false flag" and compares it to the Reichstag fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562January 25, 2021 9:10 PM

On the evening of January 5, just 18 hours before the insurrection, top Trump allies like Stone, Alexander, George Papadopoulos, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Georgia state representative (and Trump surrogate) Vernon Jones, pastor (and Trump surrogate) Mark Burns, the brother of former Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn (Joseph Flynn), and the women behind both Women for Trump and Latinos for Trump spoke at the Rally to Save America at the Freedom Plaza in DC.

The rally conveniently shared a name—“Save America”—with Trump’s own PAC.

Conspiracy theorist and Trump ally Alex Jones has confirmed that (a) he was a “Stop the Steal” coordinator along with Stone and Alexander, and (b) that his—and Stone’s and Alexander’s—Stop the Steal operation funded the January 6 event at the Ellipse. This confirms that the latter event was a Stop the Steal rally as well as, nominally, the “March to Save America.”

But Jones’ words bear even closer examination. In his post-insurrection statement, Jones does all of the following:

Frames his narrative as establishing his “connection to” Trump himself, not merely the White House broadly writ, suggesting either that Jones spoke to the president or that he was told the message he was receiving had come directly from the president;

confesses that Stop the Steal not only funded the January 6 Stop the Steal/March to Save America but also the January 5 Stop the Steal/Rally to Save America—and possibly even the January 5 Jericho March and January 6 Jericho March—as he refers to not just the “Ellipse” (the Stop the Steal/March to Save America event site) but also “the other areas” used by the insurrectionists pre-insurrection as having been paid for by his, Stone’s, and Alexander’s Stop the Steal movement;

acknowledges that an unnamed “donor” paid almost $400,000 to fund the events in the “Ellipse” and “other areas,” with major-media reporting now suggesting that this money may have come from a foreign source (see here, here, and here); claims that his White House contact was someone who (a) could direct the Secret Service, (b) put him in the VIP section of Trump’s January 6 event, and (c) knew in advance not only what Trump would say at his rally, and when precisely he would be speaking relative to the events at the Capitol, but where the president’s team would be moving him during the march thereafter. These concurrent claims suggest a vanishingly small group of people that Jones could have been speaking to, indeed a group limited, essentially, to Trump himself, Giuliani, Don Jr., Stone, Bannon, Flynn, or Trump political director Brian Jack. (Note: arguably, other potential additions to this list include the former/current Trump associates on this list.)

Ali Alexander did not participate in the January 6 march.

Roger Stone told the marchers that he would participate in the January 6 march, but then did not. He was invited to lead the march, but he declined.

Alex Jones was invited to lead the January 6 march but somehow ended up at the back end of the crowd. He left the march the moment it become violent, and never breached the Capitol.

Donald Trump told the marchers he would participate in the January 6 march, but did not. He told Alex Jones he would lead the march, but he never appeared.

So how did these four men, who claim to have been in contact with one another and/or one another’s agents in the lead-up to the assault on the Capitol, all know that it was vital not to be too closely involved in the march on the Capitol itself? Why did they decide, nevertheless, that it was equally vital to make the marchers think matters would be otherwise? In short, what did these four men believe—perhaps based on their prior contacts with the Proud Boys—was going to happen at the Capitol on January 6?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563January 26, 2021 1:05 AM

Good. Stone can be sent back to prison. No pardon from Trump this time.

by Anonymousreply 564January 26, 2021 3:30 AM

Luckily for Brandon Straka he will be joined in the penitentiary by the fourth place winner of Kentucky's sexy farmer contest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565January 26, 2021 2:16 PM

Shit, why are so many of these deranged inbreds from Kentucky?!

by Anonymousreply 566January 26, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote] Shit, why are so many of these deranged inbreds from Kentucky?!

The same reason they keep sending McTurtle back to Congress: They only care about the perception of power and not actual quality of life. They are willing to live without broadband access or infrastructure or education as long as they can convince themselves that they have dominion over the blacks, the gays, the libs, the elites...

by Anonymousreply 567January 26, 2021 2:50 PM

^ I thought it was on account of all the corn liquor and crystal meth.

by Anonymousreply 568January 26, 2021 2:55 PM

I really need to move to another state, a Blue one.

by Anonymousreply 569January 26, 2021 2:56 PM

Well, I assume that there are more people from Kentucky at least in part because it's closer to DC.

The trash from Idaho, for example, would have a longer trip to make.

by Anonymousreply 570January 26, 2021 3:46 PM

Deleting your Facebook doesn't delete your proclamations of guilt?

Who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571January 26, 2021 7:32 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene vocalize support for executing prominent Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572January 26, 2021 9:00 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen

[quote] The sowing part seemed fun. Reaping? Yeah not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573January 26, 2021 11:28 PM

^"Wait! WAIT!! Come BACK!! I just wanna ask you a few QUESTIONS!!!!" LOL.

by Anonymousreply 574January 27, 2021 12:33 PM

Hmmm, Proud Boy Leader Enrique Tarrio an FBI Informant?! This has to be related to his arrest and ban from DC before the attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 27, 2021 4:27 PM

We need to ask who wasn't there when this attack went down that might be an interesting list.

by Anonymousreply 576January 27, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] We need to ask who wasn't there when this attack went down that might be an interesting list.

Ali Alexander

Roger Stone

Alex Jones

DJT

[quote] While he was caught on video on January 5 leading a chant of “Victory or death!” at the Stop the Steal/Rally to Save America event at Freedom Plaza in DC—and filmed a video of himself watching the breach of the Capitol grounds on January 6 while saying, “I don’t disavow this, I don’t denounce this”—Ali Alexander did not enter the Capitol during the January 6 march, and indeed in his January 6 video is perhaps a mile away from the building itself.

[quote] Roger Stone told the marchers that he would participate in the January 6 march, but then did not. He was invited to lead the march, but he declined.

[quote] Alex Jones was invited to lead the January 6 march but somehow ended up at the back end of the crowd. He left the march the moment it become violent, and never breached the Capitol.

[quote] Donald Trump told the marchers he would participate in the January 6 march, but did not. He told Alex Jones he would lead the march, but he never appeared.

[quote] So how did these four men, who claim to have been in contact with one another and/or one another’s agents in the lead-up to the assault on the Capitol, all know that it was vital not to be too closely involved in the march on the Capitol itself? Why did they decide, nevertheless, that it was equally vital to make the marchers think matters would be otherwise? In short, what did these four men believe—perhaps based on their prior contacts with the Proud Boys—was going to happen at the Capitol on January 6?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577January 27, 2021 6:35 PM

Which Senators and Congressmen weren't there and why?

by Anonymousreply 578January 27, 2021 6:39 PM

According to a new report, over 140 Capitol police officers were injured in the attack

by Anonymousreply 579January 27, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]A second police officer who responded to the violent insurrection that rocked the Capitol Building on Jan. 6 has died by suicide - Politico on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 27, 2021 6:47 PM

Respect from Sherrod Brown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 27, 2021 7:04 PM

We're up to 8 deaths....5 in the immediate aftermath and 3 suicides after (2 cops and 1 rioter)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582January 27, 2021 9:18 PM

Beginning to wonder if the cop suicides are like Putin defenestrations....

by Anonymousreply 583January 27, 2021 9:39 PM

A deplorable offed themselves I thought it was an "attempt"?

by Anonymousreply 584January 27, 2021 10:10 PM

Call them by their name

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585January 27, 2021 10:14 PM

Trump Supporter Wanted To Bomb Democrats And Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586January 28, 2021 5:15 PM

Trump Supporter Wanted To Bomb Democrats And Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587January 28, 2021 5:15 PM

Tommy Tuberville denied being at a meeting at Trump's hotel on Jan. 5......photos say otherwise. But ya ARE, Blanche! Ya ARE a traitor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588January 28, 2021 6:46 PM

[bold]Feds Charge Man with Stealing Documents from Mitch McConnell’s Desk During U.S. Capitol Siege[/bold]

A California man who allegedly participated in the assault on the U.S. Capitol earlier this month and stole documents from the desk of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was arrested in his home state and charged this week by federal authorities.

According to a criminal complaint filed in D.C. federal court, authorities received a tip that Tommy Frederick Allan, of Rocklin, Calif., posted several self-incriminating videos to his social media accounts depicting him and others discussing a plan to storm the Capitol, breaking windows at the Capitol Building, and footage of him inside the building. The tipster also provided screenshots from Allan’s account showing multiple people in military-style tactical gear with “Three Percenter” patches whom he referred to as “patriots,” and another captioned: “You don’t want to hear the evidence. Fine! Here my Roar you fucking communist bastards. Give me freedom or give me death.”

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589January 28, 2021 7:29 PM

R586/587 Also, he decolorized, and neglected to follow through with a toner.

by Anonymousreply 590January 28, 2021 11:59 PM

'Blame Trump' defense emerges among Capitol riot suspects

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591January 29, 2021 6:12 PM

Is there a part 5?

by Anonymousreply 592January 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Stepakoff, 55, leads Temple New Jerusalem, a messianic synagogue in Palm Harbor. He is also a lawyer, licensed by the Florida Bar. He is now one of at least 17 Floridians who have been accused of crimes related to the insurrection.

“He was there among peaceful protesters,” Terrana said. “There’s certainly nothing he’s done that’s wrong or criminal. There’s been no formal charges filed against him yet.”

The criminal complaint seeks charges of knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, knowingly engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, and violent entry or disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Terrana described Stepakoff as a family man, a “strong Republican,” who is firm in his political convictions. He went to Washington, D.C., for a business trip related to his work as a spiritual leader and attended Trump’s speech, Terrana said.

“There certainly was no pre-planning or organization or conspiracy with him or any of these other people out there,” Terrana said. “He got caught up in the crowd. It’s yet to be seen what if anything he did wrong.”

In the weeks leading up to the Capitol violence, Stepakoff’s Twitter page featured a number of tweets and retweets relating to efforts to overturn Trump’s election loss. On Jan. 5, he retweeted a post from Trump’s now-suspended account.

“I am proud to be an American,” he wrote, “and I made the trip up from Florida to support the effort to save America. DC swarming with MAGA people. We’re not gonna take it! Thank you President Trump!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 30, 2021 12:08 PM

So, he's one of those "Jew for Jesus" people? He'll embrace Jesus even more when he gets welcomed to the jail by his Aryan Brotherhood fellow patriots.

by Anonymousreply 594January 30, 2021 12:26 PM

Just hold them underwater if they live they're traitors if they die then they're innocent.

by Anonymousreply 595January 30, 2021 1:41 PM

Wonder what the Rabbi thought about "Camp Auschwitz" and "6 million dead Jews weren't enough"

by Anonymousreply 596January 30, 2021 7:15 PM

Here is a link to part 5 for whoever was asking:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 30, 2021 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!