Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This is the acting Defense Sec that refused the call from Maryland and Presumably from the Senate Floor....

Why didn't he answer the call?

Why did it take the secretary of the Army to authorize Maryland to activate their nation guard? Where was he during that crucial hour and a half. He had to know that congress member's lives were in danger.

Why isn't his office briefing the public on just the basics of the attack and response, including answering questions on the record? This is an extraordinary event. They briefed the public regularly during 9/11.

At the link, he claims credit for authorizing the d.c. national guard, after the damage was already done. It was moot at that point.

But no other information about a major terror attack? What exactly is going on here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2021 10:32 PM

Seriously, does anyone live in D.C. and have any scoop? Its been eerily silent and the cable news channels have gone into reruns like its just another Thursday.

CBSNews has been eating CNN's lunch.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 6:37 AM

What I want to know is what the US Attorneys are doing, esp. in DC-MD-VA, because you know they got guns from VA. They didn't carry them on planes.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 6:39 AM

He serves his diapered overlord and only obeys shitbag's orders so he's evil too that's the answer to every one of his "failures".

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 6:42 AM

He doesn't own the military. That office is a sacred position with immense power.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 6:44 AM

Everybody should take the time and get to know this chart. I couldn't find one with all the current names in it. If any one more savy can find that, it would be extremely good to know who is currently at the wheel over there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 6:46 AM

Doesn't this make the hairs on everyone's neck stand up?

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 6:53 AM

Same guy, yes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 7:12 AM

*shiver*

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 7:13 AM

this is awful.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 7:21 AM

We have not had a functioning government for 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 7:22 AM

R10

It really is sad when you look at just about everything your federal government does and have to ask yourself, is it corruption or incompetence?

And the answer is usually incompetent corruption.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 8:01 AM

He can be charged with treason if he's complicit in enabling this attempted coup.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 8:38 AM

Use the patriot act against these Patriots. There is room for them on Gitmo.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Do these people honestly think Trump is going to help them in any way?

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 5:23 PM

They are all complicit, there needs to be trials just like Nuremberg to get to the bottom of it. Then the traitors can be publicly executed on TV and the internet by hanging.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 5:59 PM

He did the job he was hired to do. He must be arrested on 1/20

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2021 6:02 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2021 10:05 PM

I’m not a rescum and I didn’t vote for him, but I am proud that Governor Hogan is one of the only rescums that has stood up to dump consistently throughout the asshole’s term. He gave a press conference yesterday stating what happened yesterday and his actions, link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2021 10:15 PM

*Sorry, he gave a press conference today.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2021 10:16 PM

I think it's terrifying because you can't believe a POTUS would do this, tell his Defense department to withhold aid and the Defense department was complicit. Congress could have been killed.

But then I believe Trump would do this. The Feds stole PPE from hospitals in California that they paid for in April.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2021 10:35 PM

r12: There is no "If". He's complicit in what happened. He knew exactly what he was doing and why.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2021 11:06 PM

it's kind of strange that he is not at the center of the focus at this point. It's time for the media to stop chasing squirrels and get ahead of this story. They need to zoom into the top brass. Those are the people pulling strings. Not the distraction at the street level.

The medias focus has been on the distractions and not the brass.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2021 11:30 PM

Fucking terrorist

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2021 11:35 PM

why aren't we hearing anything about the pentagon in the media.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2021 10:11 PM

Did he hold back the help on purpose? That is a basic question that Americans deserve to know.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2021 10:16 PM

Did he hold back the help on purpose? That is a basic question that Americans deserve to know.

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2021 10:16 PM

Where is Barbera Starr?????

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2021 10:17 PM

Trumpist. Fascist.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2021 10:19 PM

Keep this at the top. This is our nations TOP military officer. Why did he refuse the help?

WE NEED ANSWERS. WHERE IS THE MEDIA? WHY ARENT THEY AT THE PENTAGON TRYING TO GET ANSWERS??

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Someone needs to ask the big journalists on Twitter why they aren’t investigating him. Or ask Ted Lieu.

Mention the Patriot Act. Get this out there!

I would, but I don’t have Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Good point. ^

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2021 10:26 PM

It’s SO FREAKING WEIRD that we have not had a single press conference with any information whatsoever from any government agency other than DC metro which was only a supporting agency and had no answers about these main agencies.

This is something else.

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2021 10:27 PM

This guy has all the answers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2021 10:27 PM

All Trump Administration Departures and Nominations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2021 10:31 PM

NONE of these traitors follow Trump.

Not one of them respects him.

To them, Trump is a useful idiot.

These are their own agendas they are following.

Trump was only (manipulated to be) there to swing the door wide open for them.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Usually after a terror attack there are several press conferences with multiple agencies briefing the public and keeping the public informed. I"m pretty sure they are mandated in a lot of jurisdictions.

And here we have had nothing.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2021 10:44 PM

Even the "he's hot" troll doesn't want this one

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2021 11:03 PM

A lot of people on here we’re throwing “MARY!” around at those of us who were worried about his appointment and the pentagon purge in general. Turns out we were right to be concerned. It’s also clear we were right to be concerned about Biden’s team being cut off from pentagon leadership right around the time the planning for the 6th started.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2021 11:06 PM

Now I know how to make a car bomb!

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2021 11:07 PM

R18, thanks for the information about Gov. Hogan and the State of Maryland response to the terrorist attack. Pretty impressive speech.

It's sadly obvious, and very dangerous, that our country has no leader at this time.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2021 11:14 PM

R18, thanks for the information about Gov. Hogan and the State of Maryland response to the terrorist attack. Pretty impressive speech.

It's sadly obvious, and very dangerous, that our country has no leader at this time.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2021 11:14 PM

I wish we could get some press coverage of the pentagon. Doesn’t anyone else share this surreal, ominous feeling?

Like, where is the vans of media trucks??? It’s all Don Lemon and his opinions about how awful the street level thugs are.

Notice the attention was all on them.

What about the brass?

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2021 11:15 PM

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2021 11:15 PM

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2021 11:16 PM

R18 - Larry Hogan is one of the FEW people who give Republicans a good name. I just cannot understand why he isn't a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2021 11:24 PM

Why hasn't there been any press conferences from major agencies?????

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2021 11:27 PM

I really am terrified. But I know that’s their goal. Whatever we do, don’t let emotion take over because that won’t help anything.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2021 11:33 PM

The only person who has been giving press conferences and comforting the nation is Nancy Pelosi. Her public announcement that she had a talk with the Pentagon making sure that Trump would have no access to military arsenals was somewhat reassuring. It would have been better if Pence had the guts to remove Trump.

Who is in charge of Biden's security? I know he now has his own Secret Service but I would definitely not trust the current NSA or Department of Defense, they're basically AWOL. I would prefer Biden to have the inauguration somewhere else until EVERYTHING and EVERYONE associated with Trump is cleared out of the city. He doesn't need to have it in Washington DC. Yeah, I know, show them you're not scared but I don't trust the Capitol Police or Law Enforcement in that city right now. Maybe they could pretend they're having it there but it's been moved elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2021 11:43 PM

For an official portrait, he looks rather angry. That tells me all I need to know. But he'll be gone very soon, anyway. I hope he's prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2021 11:48 PM

For an official portrait, he looks rather angry. That tells me all I need to know. But he'll be gone very soon, anyway. I hope he's prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2021 11:48 PM

THis guy is a fucking extremist conspiracy theory embracing Trump stooge who was never qualified to hold that position. He's a placeholder. We need to start taking names. We need to make sure every fucking Republican in Congress who does not stand up against Sedition and Treason, pays the consequences. Expelled. Investigated and possibly charged with conspiracy. Yes. THis is serious shit. Pubic opinion, News media, etc. lets get going. Pressure those fuckers and expose them.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2021 1:12 AM

He is still there though. He is still in charge OF THE ENTIRE MILITARY.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2021 1:15 AM

“Yesterday’s violence at the Capitol was reprehensible and contrary to the tenets of the United States Constitution. In the midst of this tragedy, I was proud of the professionalism of our Department of Defense personnel. I want to specifically recognize the service of the District of Columbia National Guard. They performed with honor, integrity, and alacrity to protect people and property from unlawful acts.

“Our Republic may have been disrupted yesterday, but the resolve of our legislators to conduct the people’s business did not waver. Due to their efforts, supported by local and federal law enforcement and the National Guard, the attempts of those who tried to stop our government from functioning failed.

“I strongly condemn these acts of violence against our democracy. I, and the people I lead in the Department of Defense, continue to perform our duties in accordance with our oath of office, and will execute the time-honored peaceful transition of power to President-elect Biden on January 20.”

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2021 9:45 AM

^ That is the statement from the Miller. There is no mention of why there was a delay while members of congress lay stranded on the house floor.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2021 9:47 AM

If it were normal times, this gentleman would be standing in front of this podium giving a full report and calming the American public.

Until he does that, all we have is his brief memo and little else to go on. At this point, a brief appearance from this room and some general answerers to the events that occurred is the least his office can do.

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2021 9:53 AM

the transitions were halted in Dec.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2021 9:56 AM

I can't find anywhere where this guy is a right-wing sympathizer but he must have been chose by this administration for a reason. He is an expert on but according to Wapo, "Miller focused on fusing intelligence with local sectarian dynamics to navigate complex urban battlefields, Kent said."

Another interesting article below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2021 10:12 AM

He might be on the right side for all we know. Which is why he should give a better explanation as to what happened.

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2021 10:13 AM

We just won't know until he explains the time gap. So far we have nothing to go but assume he is on the side of the fascists. Why else would he leave the capitol wide open during an attack.

We need some basic information. This is America for crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2021 10:37 AM

Not some despotic outpost. This is ridiculous. This should be the number one story on the news right now. All eyes on the pentagon.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2021 10:38 AM

Clara Petacci, Mussolini's mistress.

Best not be a mistress to the orange con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2021 10:46 AM

I've served in the military and take issue with people so insistent the military should've jumped at the chance to intervene. The last thing we needed was another Kent State, or a scenario that would've created dozens of martyrs among the insurrectionists.

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2021 10:51 AM

They would only become martrys to these yahoos. And who's problem would that become given the current situation we have dealing with such inbreds?

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2021 10:56 AM

Not only that, r62, but everyone in the military has a superior officer.

In this guy’s case, dump is his. If dump says “no,” this guy can’t say “fuck off, Chief, we’re sending the troops in.” It doesn’t work that way.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2021 10:57 AM

[quote] We need to start taking names.

AND KICKIN’ ASS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2021 10:58 AM

[quote] And who's problem would that become

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2021 10:58 AM

If the soon to be ex-president told him to withhold the troops, he should say so.

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2021 11:06 AM

Would the public know if he was told by potus to withhold the troops?

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2021 11:07 AM

I can't get over OP's photo of him. It looks like the age-progressed face of a 70s mass murderer.

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2021 12:37 PM

^"Oh, Dear!" found someone's auto-correct error again. How gallant she must feel.

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2021 1:05 PM

In the middle of an insurrection against the Capitol, he was nowhere to be found. Hmmmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2021 3:48 PM

things are heating up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2021 9:25 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2021 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!