Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Miller, the US Defence Secretary's last press briefing transcript: You have to read to believe it.

"I so…I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me," Miller said. The Pentagon transcript included the phrase, "blah blah bluh blah."

And effusively praised Russia: "Russian? I think they're extremely…uh…I have professional respect for how they do things…I think they're played a really bad hand of card very, very well. Declining population, single -- single source of economic revenue through natural resources. I kind of, you know, like professionally I'm like, wow, they're doing pretty well, and they're using a lot of irregular warfare concepts, information, all this stuff, in a way that, you know, like…good on them," Miller said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2021 6:42 AM

What on earth is going on with this guy? What are we supposed to think about this? He is in charge of the entire military.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 9:13 PM

Barbara Starr is on the case..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Wait, seriously, is that a true transcript of his comments? I am really asking...

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 9:21 PM

Yes this is real. It's on the DOD website. But who were the reporters?

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 9:25 PM

R4, so so-called press gaggle, the usual group that would follow the DoD. But it’s the official transcript, prepared by the government itself.

Yes, this guy is beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 9:28 PM

Will anyone from that gaggle be releasing their own files, maybe audio?

It would be nice to have some names to follow.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 9:35 PM

Jesus holy mother fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 9:35 PM

This is some scary stuff, is this on CNN?

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Barbara is fuming, rightfully so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 9:59 PM

High As Fuck? It would be my guess except that for all those words there's not so much as a tiny segment that has any point or insight or art to it.

It all sounds more Stupid As Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 10:24 PM

Unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 10:30 PM
by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 10:31 PM

Infuckingsane.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 10:38 PM

Dumb as a fucking bag of hair. Trump’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 10:39 PM

CNN (via twitter) is reporting that they don't have the names of any reporters who were in this gaggle. So nobody to follow up with?

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 10:41 PM

CNN link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 10:42 PM

Where in that transcript does he say he can't wait to leave? I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 10:53 PM

So, just a little off topic, but I wonder if the story ever will confirm that a lot of the Trumpers are high, Coke, speed, booze... just seems a lot of messy thinking and talking that addicts put out..

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 10:59 PM

I don't know why that is, r17... but here ya go:

Q: Yep…say nothing of the littoral combat ship. It’s like the list of flawed acquisition programs…seems endless to me. What is your takeaway about these programs and the Pentagon’s acquisition process?

A/SEC. MILLER: I so…I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me. But part of me is like, I would have loved to have gotten involved in the acquisition process and try…and you know, talk about wicked problem. I wanted to take that one on….F-35s, the case study. Although, I gotta tell you, yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said ‘what are you flying?’ Said ‘F-35,’ I was like that’s a piece of…and he was like…and he laughed, and I was like, ‘no seriously, tell me about it,’ and he was…an F-16 guy, F-35, he said…’unbelievable aircraft,’ I’m not…I…that investment, for…that capability, that we’re never supposed to use, ‘well, we have to deter, blah blah bluh blah…Are we fifth generation? You know we…I think it’s hilarious, you know, right now, you know, ‘well we need to invest in the sixth generation,’ I’m like, we have created a monster, but you know that.

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 10:59 PM

Thanks R19, My eyes went right over that part somehow.

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 11:01 PM

^Whereas my eyes turned in their sockets.

Why is that as each day draws closer to the final day of the Trump Misadministration is worst than the last preceding one?

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 11:10 PM

Moon Unit Zappa would have made a better SOD.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 11:16 PM

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 11:20 PM

R21, I know, and you perfectly articulated it. Each day is lower than the last.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 11:28 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2021 7:14 PM

Jesus, and I thought the NPR people sounded stupid.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2021 9:55 PM

Trump's NSA spy, Michael Ellis put on administrative leave.

Boom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2021 6:33 AM

Delicious, R27! I fucking love that this admin isn't even waiting one fucking day to do this. I guarantee you longtime gov. officials will be coming out of the woodwork to spill about the last four years. The level of incompetence beyond our nightmares. trump supporters and enablers are fucking garbage.

They need find a way to get rid of DeJoy. That's the one I want dragged behind a horse out of town. And end SS to all of his fucking shit kids.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2021 6:41 AM

But what will become of Chris Miller?

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2021 6:42 AM

DeJoy needs to be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2021 6:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!