Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I remember summer at Laurel Falls

Back when TJ Werner and his crowd hung out up there.

That terrible Trudy Wilson, ugh. And firecrotch Morgan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 13, 2021 3:52 PM

Morgan! I hate that name!

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2020 12:32 PM

But Kelly's Speedo made me tingle in places I haven't dusted for YEARS!

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2021 8:08 PM

wasn't Trudy played by Amy Steel from Friday the 13th part 2?

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2021 8:43 PM

That story from Variety on Phil Silvers' daughter (which has its own thread here somewhere) mentions Lindsey McKeon - who was Marah Lewis on GL circa 2000 ish.

Lindsey apparently was also involved in some situation years ago where two guys fought over her and one killed the other.

*clutches pearls* My stars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2021 8:50 PM

Aw, Cicely's mama loved her some Bert Bauer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2021 4:34 PM

I LOVED TRUDY!

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 4:45 PM

The first Morgan had the ugly freckles all over her body. JWS hated touching her.

by Anonymousreply 7February 6, 2021 2:17 PM

Happy anniversary, you two!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 6, 2021 2:34 PM

Yes, R3. She was very cute and a nice actress. I remember they wanted to sign her to a contract but her agent refused because Amy was apparently a movie star in the making. But it didn’t happen

by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2021 6:10 PM

Before you yell, I know this isn't the right thread for this. But I wanted to share this YouTube with some classic OLTL. If you like classic stuff, this is fun. And to tie it back in to P&G, it features Georgie R. fresh from his firing on Another World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2021 9:47 PM

Wow! Thanks r10.

Seeing George Reinholt is great. There are so few AW clips of him available. Those OLTL scenes capture much of his charms.

His Tony Harris character was not that far from Steve Frame at all. The abruptly kissing Cathy Craig to test her reaction was classic Steve Frame .

by Anonymousreply 11February 6, 2021 10:38 PM

It looked like they were using the same set as The Doctors!

by Anonymousreply 12February 6, 2021 11:48 PM

Quite something to see Llanview with no Viki or Dorian, and with Ellen Holly!

OK, back to our marvelous midwestern towns.

by Anonymousreply 13February 6, 2021 11:49 PM

One more post - for any that want to discuss Llanview....here's a link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2021 11:57 PM

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a full ep from this early - 1974!

Beverly Penberthy!

Susan Sullivan and Nic Coster have chemistry to spare. Never saw a scene with them before, but wow, I can see they were worth the fuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 7, 2021 2:16 PM

The announcer at the end.....I remember that voice so well.

by Anonymousreply 16February 7, 2021 2:17 PM

Just noticed William Roerick is in that scroll, too!

by Anonymousreply 17February 7, 2021 11:17 PM

Bill Roerick and Reinholt were big ole queens. Did they hook up?

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2021 4:52 AM

The three top billed stars in that scroll were Jacqueline Courtney, George Reinholt and Victoria Wyndham, in that order. Interesting to think that two of those three would be gone a year later.

Meanwhile, Douglass Watson had only joined the show on Aug 7, 1974, a month before that episode. So, he was at the very bottom of the cast list. Interesting that within a year, he would become one of the stars of the show.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2021 7:16 AM

Aunt Liz, you are an annoying old busybody!

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2021 8:55 AM

Intriguing that they filmed that 1974 episode a mere six days before it aired.

I was under the impression that most shows taped two weeks in advance back in those days. Of course, in 1974, you still had Edge of Night and As The World Turns (and maybe Search for Tomorrow) doing live broadcasts of many episodes. By live I mean, they were performing it as it went out over the airwaves.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2021 1:05 PM

R21 Yes, I thought it was two weeks, too.

Shame they aren't still doing it that way. Much easier to shift story if it isn't working.

Then again without P&G soaps, the whole shebang is a shadow of its former self, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2021 2:13 PM

I just pulled up a 1974 calendar. Maybe the show had been dark for a few days for an end of summer/extended Labor Day break?

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2021 2:32 PM

Well, it was around the time Nixon resigned.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2021 5:07 PM

Hillary Bauer at Laurel Falls was hysterical when she acted like she wanted Kelly. Marsha Clark always came across as a big dyke and she had zero chem with JWS, who likes cock. The dyke and the homo paired. Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2021 5:42 PM

Hillary and Jim Reardon was also stupid. She was more suitable for Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2021 5:48 PM

Fun interview with Jane Elliot conducted by GH’s Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2021 6:32 PM

Jane Elliot is weird. Jerry ver Dorn is a great guy and even he said recently that you never knew which Jane you would get when you worked with her. Strange woman indeed.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2021 6:39 PM

I guess she was a good choice to play someone with a split personality, then.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2021 6:52 PM

It is very much acknowledged in daytime that Jane’s Tracy wasn’t far off from herself.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2021 4:09 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2021 4:14 PM

Alam Locher seems to be expanding his guest list....now he's interviewing gay surrogate experts.

Guess he finally ran out of friends to interview and he seems bound and determined not to ask anyone else

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2021 6:38 PM

He should be pursuing guests like Lady Eyes A Buggin’ and not attention seeker Kyle Dean Massey and his yawn inducing hubby.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2021 7:01 PM

Is Homo Locher interviewing soap peeps?

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2021 7:27 PM

I wish someone, anyone with deep soap knowledge and interviewing skills would do more Zoom bits and ask Lady Eyes A Buggin' and other vets to do interviews.

Alan is only interviewing friends and while Jamey G and crew had fun podcasts, they were more fun than academic.

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2021 7:41 PM

Miss God Damn FAT slob Giddens thinks his fat ass shit don’t stink. It does. Fuck you Jamey fat ass slob.

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2021 7:52 PM

Alan Locher has been interviewing gay stars since early on. He had an interview with gay singer Steve Grand back in June. And the promo video on his website has as many gay clips as soap clips.

That said, he seems to be moving away from soap interviews. He's covered the areas he is familiar with fairly well, but just doesn't seem interested in doing a lot of research into the history of other shows, hence the reluctance to do any 70s or 80s AW gatherings. Ditto Edge of Night or Search for Tomorrow or Love of Life gatherings.

Yes, he's done a few Doctors gathering but that was at the request of Retro TV, which likely paid him to do it and also arranged the stars to show up. Similarly, Retro also probably wrote the questions since he clearly wasn't watching the Doctors in its original run and has only gotten to know it thanks to Retro TV.

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2021 8:48 PM

Alan has completely ignored Santa Barbara, which is has lots of potential for interviews. But he probably never watched that show so he wouldn't be able to talk about it well.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2021 8:50 PM

I want to see if Judith McConnell still looks hot as an octegenarian.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2021 8:58 PM

In addition to Santa Barbara, Judith McConnell has ATWT and AW connections. Plus she was on GH as nurse Augusta McLeod, who murdered Phil Brewer. Plenty for her to talk about.

And I adored her Miranda Bishop on AW. I was sorry the show didn't try to keep her around -- she was the best thing that came out of the Halloway family saga of 1980-81.

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2021 9:05 PM

When is the Margaret McLarty interview?

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2021 11:00 PM

Miss Locher is very limited. She’s reached her limit.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2021 11:53 PM

I agree, Liz. She was great on AW but I guess when they cleaned house in '81 she was swept out, too.

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2021 12:24 AM

AuntLiz, I liked McConnell as Miranda Bishop but saw her as a too-soon Iris-type replacement. A few years later Donna Love was a plausible next generation Iris-type character.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2021 3:08 AM

Yes, agreed, clearly Miranda was meant to fill the rich bitch socialite role that Iris filled. They even had Miranda living in Iris's house. They even introduced Miranda while Iris was still living in Bay City, albeit living in a penthouse by that point. But they were preparing to spin Iris off to Texas when Miranda came to town.

Of course, another rich bitch socialite, Cecile, ended up living in the penthouse after Iris moved to Texas.

And yes, then Donna Love filled the rich bitch socialite role when she was introduced in 1983. And of course, Cecile and Donna ended up being frenemies.

I just remember adoring the Miranda character because McConnell played her with gusto, but still letting her heart show with her love for her niece, Kit. And I just adored the name Miranda Bishop. Even that name oozes the image of a rich bitch.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2021 4:00 AM

Aunt Liz, FUCK off! Get out of MY threads!!!! You annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Did Vee restock the toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Vee is the expert on everything! Someone told him off on the SON boards the other day. lololololol Bee is such a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2021 10:51 AM

^Vee

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2021 10:52 AM

[quote]Yes, agreed, clearly Miranda was meant to fill the rich bitch socialite role that Iris filled. They even had Miranda living in Iris's house.

And Miranda was also set to replace Iris as an antagonist for Rachel, though her interest in Mac never really amounted to much before she was written off.

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2021 11:04 AM

The Halloway family might have worked if they'd been introduced gradually. But they were introduced in such rapid succession, it was too much too soon.

Kit (Farrell) Halloway first appearance was on Nov. 20, 1979 and offers intrigue with some secrets to hide. Little did we know she would turn out to be a Patty Hearst style kidnap victim.

Miranda Bishop shows up on March 17, 1980

Taylor Halloway shows up on April 2, 1980

Amy Halloway Dudley appears in town on May 6, 1980

Rick Halloway arrived on May 27, 1980

Show was already bloated with characters from 90 minutes of story to fill each day. The Halloways just came in and took over. If you missed a few weeks, suddenly here were this family you're not familiar with taking up lots of screen time, Poor planning.

by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2021 8:35 PM

I miss Geraldine Court’s ripe snatch!

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2021 8:38 PM

Uhhhh, Connie, it was actually Dan Hamilton who was after Geri’s ripe snatch. He would stick his tongue down her throat when the characters kissed and she wanted to puke,

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2021 9:59 PM

Is Penberthy’s gay nephew still here? I think he said that Irene Daily wasn’t a lezzy, she just liked going to the theater. lolololol Irene was the lezziest lezzys that all lezzied.

by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote] Aunt Liz, FUCK off! Get out of MY threads!!!! You annoy me.

Listen, you disgusting piece of shit. NO ONE wants you here. This is not YOUR thread. I started it, as well as many of the P&G threads. Stop fucking with the people who have been here way longer than you and built this community. Seriously - don't fuck with me, bitch.

Get out, and take your clogged toilets and snatches with you.

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2021 10:05 PM

R53 Dan Hamilton ate out Stephanie Braxton’s snatch. Winter Austin. Later the most boring headwriter that Search ever had.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2021 10:05 PM

R55 Snatch snatch snatch snatch. Shit, plugged up toilets, Fulton shit toilet plugger. Fuck off, idiot! Asshole moron. Snatch snatch eater.

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2021 10:07 PM

Serial Scholar snatch muncher is here!

by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2021 10:08 PM

Ignore, don't engage.

by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2021 10:09 PM

R55 FUCK off, snatch snatch snatch. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2021 10:10 PM

Michael Park gets emotional talking about playing Jack Snyder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Now try to find him in How to Succeed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2021 10:31 PM

I wish they'd cast Park in the movie for Evan hansen.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2021 10:53 PM

The ambassador from Mendorra is in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2021 11:23 PM

Mary Kay eats snatch! Dykey lesbo.

by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2021 12:22 AM

Ah, yes, Kier Dullea. What a flame-out he had on GL.

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2021 12:28 AM

We're a few months away from the anniversary of AW's big three recasts of '91: Mark Pinter as Grant, Judi Evans as Paulina and Jensen Buchanan as Vicky/Marley. ORD, AuntLiz, anyone else who was watching ... thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2021 12:45 AM

Judi Evans as Paulina was a huge, gigantic mistake. Love Judi, but she fucked up what was great about Paulina. And then they tried making Judi into a sex kitten type like Cali and it just didn't work. NBC was getting soap stars from other shows and other networks over to their shows during this time and doing promo campaigns, but Judi was a bust.

Jensen was fine, until she thought her shit didn't stink. Pinter was fine too and better than the original. But poor Judi. No no no.

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2021 1:00 AM

Loved Judi as Paulina. She and Tom Eplin oozed chemistry, they should have been endgame.

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2021 2:50 AM

R67 I watched AW the most in that era probably in the 1988-90 stretch, with Anne Heche and of course Lemay's bible being used through that time.

Mark and Judi were okay, but I disliked Jensen as Vicky or Marley. And still think, from the few days Cynthia Watros did it, that someone else could have done the role much better justice.

by Anonymousreply 70February 11, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote]We're a few months away from the anniversary of AW's big three recasts of '91: Mark Pinter as Grant, Judi Evans as Paulina and Jensen Buchanan as Vicky/Marley. ORD, AuntLiz, anyone else who was watching ... thoughts?

Well, Jensen was no Anne Heche, but she did what she could with the role, given her limited abilities. No idea who else they tested for the role, but I was never much of a fan of Jensen. Who else could they have cast as Vicky who was also capable of playing Marley?

I preferred Cali in the role of Paulina, but Judi gradually grew into the part.

Although I liked Mark Pinter in other roles, especially his Mark Evans on GL, I didn't like him that much as Grant Harrison. His portrayal seemed so different from Dack Rambo's, like he was playing a completely different character. Dack's Grant seemed like a basically good guy with some flaws, whereas Mark's Grant seemed like a villain who occasionally had some redeeming characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 71February 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Ellen Wheeler, who originated the roles of Vicky and Marley, auditioned for the recast but was turned down. It's interesting, though, because she would have been just as much of a name as Jensen was, thanks to both their work on ABC shows.

by Anonymousreply 72February 11, 2021 5:31 AM

That's crazy that she was turned down, but I think Wheeler was much better at portraying Marley - by the time Heche came and left, Vicky had become the more central character, with Marley more of a secondary character. (Nothing against the character, but I'm saying AW's story suggests they saw the character through those eyes.)

Watros would have been a great Vicky. I wonder what Cady McClain could have done with the roles.

by Anonymousreply 73February 11, 2021 2:09 PM

After Anne Heche it was going to be tough for anyone to fill her shows. The entire Who Shot Jake story and what lead up two it was maybe the best AW had been in 10-15 years. Everything in that story just came to together and worked so well. Anne Heche just really put her foot in that story.

by Anonymousreply 74February 11, 2021 4:41 PM

I just reread my post.

shows should be shoes.

Two should be to

I am Oh Dearing myself.

by Anonymousreply 75February 11, 2021 4:48 PM

It's okay, R75. We'll just say you hadn't had your first cup of coffee yet!

by Anonymousreply 76February 11, 2021 4:59 PM

Oh, Cady McLain as Vicky/Marley ...!

by Anonymousreply 77February 11, 2021 5:19 PM

Is that a good ! or a bad !, R77?

by Anonymousreply 78February 11, 2021 5:50 PM

Ugh! No to crazy Cady.

by Anonymousreply 79February 11, 2021 8:06 PM

As I recall, the main reason they didn't rehire Ellen Wheeler in 1991 was the show felt she was too closely associated with Tom Eplin. Show was gung ho on a Ryan-Vickey pairing and wanted to move away from Vickey and Jake.

Ellen was too assoicated with Tom because she'd been married to him in real life and her Marley had left town with him.

by Anonymousreply 80February 11, 2021 8:37 PM

Tom Eplin was a dick to Ellen while they were married.

by Anonymousreply 81February 11, 2021 10:40 PM

The consensus seems to be that Judi was wrong as Paulina, which makes it all the more interesting that NBC apparently always wanted her for that role. If we had to lose Cali and Anne, suppose AW flipped their replacements. Jensen as Paulina and Judi as Vicky/Marley. Better? Worse?

by Anonymousreply 82February 11, 2021 11:44 PM

Interesting idea, R82.

by Anonymousreply 83February 12, 2021 1:39 AM

Jensen would have been way more plausible as Mac’s daughter, although of course Douglass Watson was dead by then.

I loved Joy Behar saying yesterday on The View that her mother would phone her and ask her if she knew what just happened to Rachel and Joy said “Who’s Rachel? We’re Italian.”

by Anonymousreply 84February 12, 2021 1:12 PM

R67, the recasts definitely changed the show for me. I personally adored Anne Heche's handling of the twins, and she's the version I always think of when recalling the show at its best. I stan that crazy bitch til this day. Ellen Wheeler was a great Marley; Jensen Buchanan was passable as Vicky (more so because I did enjoy her with Paul Michael Valley), but I never cared as much about the twins' lives after Heche left. Cynthia Watros gave good Vicky during her too-brief stint--truly, but I only caught that on YouTube years later.

By the time I looked in on the show after years away and saw Wheeler looming crazily over Buchanan in Marley's creepy quest to get back with Jake, none of the characters were recognizable to me ... or interesting.

I think the Paulina situation is interesting because Cali and Judi are so different, not just in looks, but in temperament. Cali's Paulina was cooler -- I could always see the wheels turning beneath her icy visage. Judi's Paulina was more fiery, hot-tempered, even. I recently watched a scene where Jake was all over Judi's Paulina, in fact, it might have been the very day the recast took place. Eplin and Evans really went for it, wrestling and getting in each other's faces. Eplin and Timmons had never touched each other in that manner before (that I recall, if so, please link). I did, however, grow to love Judi's Paulina due to her extreme chem with Eplin and the rest of the cast. I'd also liked her as Adrienne Kiriakis (DAYS).

The Grant recast, I'll admit, didn't bother me one way or the other. I was never attached the Dack's character -- I watched his storyline more to see Sharlene/Sharly and her marriage to John crumbling. I do agree that Pinter's Grant became an all-out villain, which surprised me. I'll admit that if AW was airing today, Grant's storylines would more than likely be lost to my fastforward finger. Never cared much for Pinter at all for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 85February 12, 2021 2:44 PM

Pinter cheated on Colleen when she had cancer

by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] By the time I looked in on the show after years away and saw Wheeler looming crazily over Buchanan in Marley's creepy quest to get back with Jake, none of the characters were recognizable to me ... or interesting.

Almost everyone was unrecognizable by around 1997. Felicia and Cass were somewhat intact, but Donna was ruined, Rachel was dragged down by Carl and the existence of Justine, and anything remotely recognizable about anyone had been frittered away.

by Anonymousreply 87February 12, 2021 6:41 PM

I could never believe that Rachel would have anything to do with Carl, R87. The show had become so strange by that point, that when I heard it was canceled, I had very little reaction. My favorite years were between 1988 to 1991. I was a new teenager and was all about shirtless guys and bitchy women.

Now that I'm able to watch older episodes online, I'm enjoying a lot of the late 70s and early 80s episodes, as well. In fact, I'm beginning to think that period is the last great period of soaps (from say 1975 to 1983).

by Anonymousreply 88February 12, 2021 8:16 PM

You queens DO realize that gay men who watch soaps were never taken seriously. Your opinion never mattered. Thank god. You have bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 89February 12, 2021 9:18 PM

Me, too, R88. Before that fucking supercouple shit took off.

And you, R89, can kindly fuck off to the nearest grease fire where you may hop in, burn to death and nobody will even stop by to pick up your ashes.

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2021 9:20 PM

R89 is worse than Susan Batten as Connor Walsh.

Even worse than Ann Hamilton as Melinda Sue Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2021 9:53 PM

The character that really stands out for me when I rewatch those 1988-91 years is Sharlene.

I liked her well enough when I watched those shows then, but Anna Holbrook is just so good.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2021 9:54 PM

R89 is also worse than Rhonda Lewin as Vicky Hudson.

And Marie Wilson as Meg Snyder.

by Anonymousreply 93February 12, 2021 10:45 PM

We should continue with this theme, the worst or most strange P&G recasts.

by Anonymousreply 94February 12, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]I liked her well enough when I watched those shows then, but Anna Holbrook is just so good.

Yeah, that John-Felicia-Sharlene story was ridiculous but Holbrook tore it up. That was a well-deserved Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 95February 12, 2021 11:19 PM

Ron Raines as Alan Spaulding says hi, R94.

by Anonymousreply 96February 12, 2021 11:55 PM

Is there a dedicated Edge of Night thread? I've been watching some episodes and I love Raven. She's so messy. I love that she doesn't even care about her kid! She'll use him to get money or a man's attention, but other than that, she truly gives not one fuck about that baby.

Her character would not play well today. The Twitterverse would denounce her daily and constantly implore the writers to either dump her character or reform her. I miss nasty bitches like her. Sharon Gabet plays her so fliply, you know? She's so damned breezy as she's eating up men, leaving that baby for months at a time, and trying to get paid.

by Anonymousreply 97February 12, 2021 11:56 PM

So does Philece Sampler as Donna Love.

by Anonymousreply 98February 12, 2021 11:56 PM

I'm the best worst recast, fellas!

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2021 12:00 AM

Sharon Gabet's seen it from all sides: a recast that went well (Raven), a new character that didn't take off (Brittany) and a recast that didn't go well (Melinda).

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2021 12:07 AM

I'm a big chunk of the cast of ATWT toward the end

Jeffrey Meek as Craig

Grayson McCouch as Dusty

Roger Howarth as Paul

Noelle Beck as Lily

Those four were actually talented actors (based on other roles) who were partly to totally wrong for their roles. But Marie Wilson was a special kind of heinous.

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote]the worst or most strange P&G recasts

Replacing Danny Markel on AW with...well, whoever that was they replaced him with.

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2021 12:28 AM

Shut the fuck up, R89. Boy did you stumble into the wrong internet circle jerk.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2021 12:32 AM

Preaching to the choir, but Danny Markel was all kinds of hot. Why don't we talk about him the way we do Grant A.?

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2021 12:34 AM

It was weird in 2004 when Lesli Kay left as Molly and they replaced her with someone new. But they simultaneously brought back Hal's daughter Nikki, only she wasn't Jordan Brewster anymore, she was a recast who looked exactly like Lesli Kay. They were both terrible, and I don't think either lasted more than 13 weeks, but I don't know how TPTB didn't see that their nuNikki should have been nuMolly and nuMolly should have been nuNikki. I mean, I don't think either would have lasted anyway, but it would have made those 13 weeks a lot less confusing.

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2021 12:36 AM

Jensen Buchanan was Vicky/Marley belongs on that worst recast list IMO. She was terrible.... I don't know how TPTB found her even passable, let alone worthy of being helicoptered in (I know it's just an urban myth, but so what? It's a fun one.)

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2021 12:41 AM

R104 We have, and many of us would have loved to rub our faces over his furriness.

Probably just the time frame - Markel was only on AW/ATWT for a sliver of the time Grant was on GL.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2021 12:47 AM

You homos are such snowflakes! No wonder every headwriter and EP never ever listened to you idiots. lololololololol Snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] I'm the best worst recast

And the actress who followed you was the worst best. Or something like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2021 12:49 AM

I thought La Collins was good on GL. That era of GL was the last time I tuned in regularly before they wrecked the show for good.

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote]Danny Markel was all kinds of hot. Why don't we talk about him the way we do Grant A.?

Perhaps because Markel was such a beta compared to Alexander (and to Robert Keller-Kelly, his AW predecessor).

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2021 12:58 AM

There were some episodes of AW when it was on SoapNet with RKK in a speedo and his body was BANGIN.

by Anonymousreply 112February 13, 2021 1:02 AM

I got just through watching the Locher Room session with Grant Aleksander and Beth Chamberlain.

This was one of the best Locher Room sessions I've seen so far.

Grant revealed that he was a finalist for the role of Brian Emerson on Search for Tomorrow, but lost to Jay Acovone. Shortly after that, he was cast as Phillip.

Grant started at the same time that Phil MacGregor was starting as Rick and they became very close friends and remain close friends today. Grant said when the show fired Phil, he was angry and wanted to be standoffish with Michael O'Leary. However, Michael with his humor quickly won him over.

Beth Chamberlain screen tested to replace Krista as Mindy in 1989, but Kimberly Simms won the part. However, producers told her she was more of a "Beth" than a Mindy, something she didn't really understand at the time. A few months later, when they were ready to recast the part, they through of Beth Chamberlain.

It's a really good episode. I highly recommend watching it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 13, 2021 1:04 AM

I can’t help but wonder if Grant let Phil get his lips around his massive dong. Because Phil is definitely into the homosex. He’s also from a wealthy family on the Upper West Side. Pretty as hell but also a terrible actor. I think he got a gig on Loving not long after getting fired on GL but ended up only lasting on that for six months or so. I think he quit acting after that and created a business with dad’s money.

by Anonymousreply 114February 13, 2021 2:23 AM

Christopher Pennock has died.

He was on several soaps, I think best known for GH, but he played the Justin Marler that was on circa 1989-90 when Samantha Marler was in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 115February 13, 2021 2:51 AM

Like the Gary Sinclair thread that preceded it, this thread has now been Murieled. I started a new one here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 13, 2021 6:12 AM

R116 Thank you, darling!

by Anonymousreply 117February 13, 2021 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!