Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13. Happy New Year, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 2, 2021 2:19 AM

You buried the big news -- it will feature its FIRST TRANS MAN CONTESTANT!

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2020 7:22 PM

So it's a biological woman who's changed to a man to make things better while pretending to be a woman?

I already did that!

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2020 7:29 PM

Tamisha Iman is an old-school pageant queen. FIERCE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2020 7:43 PM

Didn't they ban trans women or post-op/trans women on hormones from competing? Have they had a change of heart, did they do it because of backlash from "woke folk', or are they doing it because they're desperate for views?

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Officially jumped the shark. Bioqueens will be next.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2020 9:50 PM

[quote] Didn't they ban trans women or post-op/trans women on hormones from competing?

No, there was never a ban. Ru said a few years ago that she didn’t think she would allow a trans woman on hormones to compete, but it was never etched in stone, and she backtracked pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote] Officially jumped the shark.

This show jumped the shark a long time ago -- when the fandom changed, and the focus moved away from drag queens showcasing typical, bawdy, unfiltered humor and it switched over to being a PG-13 role model popularity contest.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2020 9:55 PM

When they started trying to change the definition of drag (dressing against your natural gender) to some catch-all bullshit it all went to shit. RuPaul is collecting checks but his soul is gone.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2020 9:56 PM

Just saw Meets the Queens, didn't realise she was a ftm but after hearing the voice and her squishy mushy girl body gave it away. Is she going to undress in front of all the other queens in the workroom? I think I'll pass on watching this season.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2020 10:14 PM

R8, Right, drag used to be so much fun when it was gay men, now it's mostly pronoun narcs with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2020 10:16 PM

Still going onn? How quaint.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2020 11:27 PM

As long as they are crass, hilarious and garish I don't care what undercarriage they possess.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2020 12:39 AM

Thanks for clarifying, R6.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2020 1:19 AM

Oh please, Dragula was the first to include a non-binary female (whom was an embarrassment to females) and a female Drag King in their last season.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2020 12:41 PM

R14 I love Dragula and I thought that a the drag king was great. I surprised myself by rooting for a drag king. The bioqueen was gross, pathetic and I was very happy when she was eliminated.

However, that works for dragula. I do not see how kings, bioqueens, transman, fit in on drag race which ia filled with gay mens jokes and female jokes. How can a drag king make a joke about his vag?

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2020 12:44 PM

And not a moment too soon…

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Did someone slam a door in Kandy Muse’s face or does she naturally look like the FAO Schwartz clock?

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2020 2:38 PM

OHHHHHH, Mik is trans? That explains why Reddit has been hyping the fuck out of her for months now. I’m not surprised it was some desperate stand to get comment karma.

I loved Landon Cider and I would like to see a season of Drag Race that was Kings vs. Queens. ZERO interest in bio queens.

It’s going to be interesting watching the fanbase try to explain why it’s both offensive to misgender trans people and how to explain Mik.

I’m not saying this is what Mik is doing, but if you’re a biological female who wants to do drag, it would be VERY easy to make up a lie about identifying as a man to qualify for the show.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2020 2:45 PM

Kandy Muse is working overtime with the mods over at the Drag Race subreddit to ban anyone who even slightly criticizes her.

She’s going to get a rude awakening when it airs and she gets jackals coming at her from all sides.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2020 9:04 PM

Her drag name is stupid. We already had MILK do the whole "got milk" thing.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2020 10:10 PM

It's a simple matter of three factors.

1. Many good drag queens with known names and experience already have appeared. The franchise is getting close to 200. So how many fine drag queens are there, really?

2. Ringers, filler queens and in-there-for-a-reason (weird story, unusual trait, personal connection, trend and "representation" pressure) are always included. Not everyone is there for the quality of their work or capacity to grow under pressure.

3. Many successful drag queens never have, never would and never will go anywhere near WOW and Drag Race. They see it as a risk, as a time suck, as an intrusion on their control, as a demanding gig, as unworthy of them, as unnecessary to their successful career, or as unwanted for other reasons.

The show, despite spreading into other countries, making some people a lot of money and a lot of people some money and still being enjoyable, also is a formula that is stuck in a rut. Novelty threatens the schema people expect, but going through the same set-ups, false frictions, cheesy editing, inauthentic RuPaul onscreen reactions/leadership, snatch game/library/ball/acting/commercial/product development/blah blah blah feels stale.

And when poor Mama Ru tried to get her own ass out in front with "AJ and the Queen," it failed miserably.

Plus, some of the best of the queens have moved into their own careers, content and production work and, while none of them have snotted fully at WOW and Ru, one can tell that the distance and independence is very much appreciated. And they make more money.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2020 3:22 AM

[quote]I loved Landon Cider and I would like to see a season of Drag Race that was Kings vs. Queens. ZERO interest in bio queens.

Landon Cider is a beautiful woman and a convincing drag king.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2020 3:27 AM

If you are so dysphoric about your body, why on earth would you then pretend to be a woman for a living? Its almost though it isn't about dysphoria, and more about wanting to be a gay man........hmmmmmm

She is only the beginning. Girls like her ( she is 23) literally grew up watching this shit, and they are obsesssed with drag and gay men. Its fucking bizarre and creepy. As someone above said, the show used to be more 'adult' in its tone and made for gay men, and a few fag hags. Now not only is its fanbase young girls and women, but they have also shifted the content to market to them.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2020 4:59 AM

The queens out of drag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 17, 2020 10:26 AM

women ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2020 2:08 AM

The first ten minutes of the premiere is up.

Fat Vangie is grating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 29, 2020 11:55 AM

I hated both of them. Hopefully it’s a double sashay.

by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2020 3:45 PM

The show was much better when it was a parody of ANTM and other reality crap. The new generation took it way too seriously and now it's LIFE for some of them. They're only knowledge of drag begins with Trixie Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 28December 29, 2020 3:50 PM

*their, duh

by Anonymousreply 29December 29, 2020 3:54 PM

^ This is why I'm stoked to see Tamisha Iman, a true drag veteran, in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 30December 29, 2020 3:55 PM

Trannies and breeders ruin everything.

Fuck diversity. Can't we have anything that's 100% gay 100% of the time?

by Anonymousreply 31December 29, 2020 3:55 PM

[quote]The show was much better when it was a parody of ANTM and other reality crap. The new generation took it way too seriously and now it's LIFE for some of them. They're only knowledge of drag begins with Trixie Mattel.

This, on both counts.

I saw that some nonentity drag queen did a terrible dance song called "Cha Cha Heels for Christmas" or something and dressed up like Dawn Davenport, saying that she wanted to introduce her generation to Divine and John Waters. Couldn't have been more cringey than if she had lip-synched "The Man That Got Away" to introduce people to this performer named Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 32December 29, 2020 10:01 PM

That’s Nina West, R32. She sucks and gives off Chester vibes with her obsession with doing drag shows for kids.

by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2020 2:32 PM

Where are you getting that Milk is trans?

by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2021 10:37 PM

So we're having a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman?

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2021 10:43 PM

Google them r34. You will see a bunch of articles about Mik being FTM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2021 10:43 PM

Oh, you're talking about Gottmik. Yes, I knew about him. I thought y'all were talking about Milk from season 6. Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2021 10:51 PM

Her.

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2021 10:59 PM

Algresdy disagreeing with the judging, Joey Jay won that lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 39January 2, 2021 12:22 AM

That 3rd lip sync was boring as fuck. It was paired with lots of cooing and "big" reactions from the judges. Very insincere editing.

by Anonymousreply 40January 2, 2021 12:46 AM

What do we think the twist will be?

Also, the Lohan song was wasted on those two.

by Anonymousreply 41January 2, 2021 12:53 AM

I don't think I love having them lip sync immediately. To me there is excitement when people get called into their first lip sync and we don't know what to expect.

And you lip sync with more intensity when you think that's really all that stands between you and going home. These queens obviously don't *really* feel they are going to get eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 42January 2, 2021 1:02 AM

The judging on that last pairing was the worst of the night.

This group of three is a big NO.

by Anonymousreply 43January 2, 2021 1:14 AM

Elliott with 2 Ts is like a more talented Magnolia Crawford

by Anonymousreply 44January 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Elliott with two T’s is annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 45January 2, 2021 1:55 AM

A drag race ep without a runway is weird.

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2021 1:56 AM

What do RuPaul do to her nose? It looked so "Michael Jackson-esque" on tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2021 2:14 AM

The Nancy Drews at Reddit found out that Tina Burner used to be in a boy band called 5th Ring and used to date Graham Norton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Elliott looks like the love child of Nina West and Willam.

Thank goodness for the twist, because if the season went on with just the six lip sync winners..... yikes.

Speaking of, the bitches had to have known that their time wasn't actually up. Their walk offs were far too tame. Some of the early eliminated queens of seasons past had complete meltdowns (e.g. Honey Davenport).

by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2021 2:34 AM

yum-ooooooooooo !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50January 2, 2021 3:19 AM

I'm already tired of Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 51January 2, 2021 4:48 AM

The early lip syncing twist is probably due to the Rona. Easier to keep social distance guidelines with half the cast.

by Anonymousreply 52January 2, 2021 5:19 AM

Tamisha is shaping up to be a quote machine.

by Anonymousreply 53January 2, 2021 9:37 AM

I used to love this show so much.

by Anonymousreply 54January 2, 2021 9:46 AM

Reactions to the premiere:

--I'm really glad the producers found a way to shake up the formula in a way that doesn't ruin the show. They failed with making All Stars an all-team event, but changes like last night's work for me. They keep me guessing a little bit and help to keep the show from being totally stale and paint by numbers.

--The big one seems familiar.

--I think this cast will be kind of interesting. Tina Burner reminds me of Sherry Pie, which is good because I feel like we missed out on some good TV when she was cut out.

--I'm disappointed that the transgender thing is distracting from the show overall. It's obvious that the trans queen is going to demand almost all the attentions. Here, everyone is bound to spend most of their time bitching about her. On Instagram and Twitter, it's obvious already that many people have decided she must be the winner because she's a woman who became a man who dresses as a woman. I saw one tweet that used #CISbreakdown or something. This is really too political for what ultimately is a lame, fun reality TV show.

--That said, I don't care that much if they cast a trans man but I do admit I am distracted by the notion of a woman feeling trapped in the wrong body to the extent she transitions to male--and then "dresses like a woman to make money," as she put it. That seems disingenuous.

--And *that* said, lots of these queens are seriously fucked up in the head and so pinning it all on this one transgender person doesn't really make sense to me, either. I just rewatched the season with Detox, and I was struck that Detox first cried (during a challenge to cry) that the challenge was too hard for her because she was thinking about her boyfriend who died. Then in a later episode, she said that it was her ex boyfriend and that they had broken up and the ex stalked her before suddenly dying. (Suicide? Murder? OD? Natural causes? Not revealed.) Many of these queens seem to live incredibly shady and damaged lives, so I can't hold it against the new transgender one for being fucked up. But I'm also not going to hold back from calling someone fucked up just because they are trans.

by Anonymousreply 55January 2, 2021 11:15 AM

Utica Queen was my fave out of the all. She got cut so they could kowtow to the T Army.

by Anonymousreply 56January 2, 2021 4:48 PM

What a strange opener. Lip syncing, to me, is the worst part of the show. It's just the same ol' tired splits, over emoting. more splits, wig tossing nonsense. So let's do that for an hour and a half!

by Anonymousreply 57January 2, 2021 4:58 PM

What a horrible first episode. It would have been better if the queens walked directly onto the main stage as their entrance. The looks on their faces to see Ru+ would be priceless.

Hoping the season gets better.

by Anonymousreply 58January 2, 2021 8:37 PM

The only lip syncs I liked were Symone’s Pleasure Principle (the veteran queen who was lip syncing against her was your Janbot aunt going for it a wedding and not being quite drunk enough to get there), Tina Burner’s Lady Marmalade and the New York baby queen who bested Rosé. Speaking of Rosé, if I was in a girl group with Jan, I’d be looking to completely rethink my drag before going on the show given the judges steadfast refusal to warm to anything Jan served last season.

by Anonymousreply 59January 2, 2021 9:03 PM

Is Gottmik a woman now a man now a drag queen? I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 2, 2021 9:23 PM

Symone is definitely my favorite. But they seem to be trying to change up everything and I have the horrible feeling that it's going in the direction of the execrable All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 61January 2, 2021 9:49 PM

I also really like Symone, very funny guy. Rose, I think his name is, looks like Simon Cowell pre surgery out of drag. The one who claimed to be a ballet dancer was a disappointing lip syncer. Fat Vangy's tongue is too fat for his mouth, it's distracting. Also like the one who lipsynced against Rose, Rose and the one who looks a bit like Thorgy

by Anonymousreply 62January 2, 2021 10:01 PM

Another Reddit discovery:

Milk (S6, AS3) did an OnlyFans fuck video with pron star Diego Sans and proudly noted that he didn't clean out first. The video was shared on WeTransfer but got pulled, but those who saw it said there was indeed visible shit. (Apparently Milk is going through some things after breaking up with his long-time partner.)

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2021 10:44 PM

Diego Sans does not deserve a shitty ass. Boy is stunning. Foul, dirty Milk.

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2021 10:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 2, 2021 11:07 PM

How in the hell did they cut the one who did the whole lipsync in ice skates? Sheesh. I like the veteran queen, I hope she stays around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 66January 2, 2021 11:19 PM

I liked the twist of the LS but it was kinda boring.

by Anonymousreply 67January 2, 2021 11:27 PM

What the hell is wrong with Milk? Why would she post that?

by Anonymousreply 68January 2, 2021 11:35 PM

How old is Tamisha? She's the only queen who didn't give her age.

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2021 11:40 PM

^ 42

by Anonymousreply 70January 2, 2021 11:46 PM

The show jumped the shark in the very beginning when the queens each shared a story from their traumatic childhoods!

by Anonymousreply 71January 2, 2021 11:50 PM

r2 - I did it before you Julie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 2, 2021 11:52 PM

Kandy is hideous and disgusting looking in and out of drag. Her yuck buck mouth is incredibly fugly looking and her personality is worse. She's trying really hard to be the next Vanjie but she's isn't lovable and funny so she's already lost.

by Anonymousreply 73January 3, 2021 1:01 AM

And Joey won the LS. Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2021 1:06 AM

No.

Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 75January 3, 2021 1:10 AM

I think I have to bail on this season. I thought season 12 was bad, but this season is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2021 1:29 AM

Season 12 was the best season in several years r76.

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2021 1:32 AM

Tamisha! I need more of her 30 year cancer survivor story so cute, so quotable

by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2021 1:42 AM

When do we think Rupaul cancels this woke fest and retires to Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2021 1:45 AM

Im sorry, but this show is only for 25 year old straight white girls, and 'queer' (straight) teen girls now. It hasn't been good in seasons. The only one if the last 5 years that hasn't been awful was the UK one.

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2021 1:51 AM

R60, it is like this, but without Dame Andrews's talent:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2021 2:00 AM

So, was this to cast the queens that couldn't be cast in previous seasons, due to 'rona?

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2021 2:02 AM

Wait...so R65's dirty ass bottom is the trans man who used to be a woman? Does "he" still have his tits? I'm so confused. A trans "man" with a dirty asshole and original plumbing having sex with a "gay" man? I'm not woke enough for this.

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2021 2:49 AM

Not one of them is interesting, at least at first glance. Drag performers usually have derivative personae because of camp and panto and all the other influences, but this lot seem like copies of copies of copies.

They all look tired.

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2021 3:10 AM

R83, lol! You’re confusing two different people

Milk is a cis gay white man, he’s the one advertising the dirty ass video.

GottMik is the trans man competing this season. He’s not involved in any controversies.

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2021 3:16 AM

R85 She.

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote]When do we think Rupaul cancels this woke fest and retires to Wyoming.

Five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2021 8:04 AM

A buddy of mine is apparently friends with Rosé and wished him well on Facebook.

I dunno. Just like Jan, there’s something really calculated and off about him. His vibe is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 88January 3, 2021 8:31 AM

Joey Jay and Rose are really handsome as boys! Utica Queen seems to have facial features like Kevin Aucoin that indicate a gigantism condition.

Anyone from NYC have any Rose gossip?

by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2021 1:50 PM

Kandy is the Silky Nutmeg Ganache of the season. She can't leave fast enough for me. Annoying, ugly, and she needs speech therapy....a LOT of speech therapy.

Of the "losers" - I would say Utica seems the most useless and would not be missed if the others send her packing......

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2021 2:19 PM

The queens were well aware they had to lip sync. You really think some random queens knew all the words to that stupid Lindsay Lohan song? In commercials for future episodes, most of the “eliminated “ queens are still there. I am so done with the big girls who have to be obnoxious and loud to cover up their insecurities about being fat.

by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2021 2:38 PM

R90 Utica has an interesting style that isnt just the pretty but boring fishy or pageant looks most queens give. I'm most excited to see her and Gottmik's runway looks.

by Anonymousreply 92January 3, 2021 3:54 PM

R92....okay. But I hope Utica has already used up all of that plaid fabric.

by Anonymousreply 93January 3, 2021 4:11 PM

Someone on Reddit said Rose looks like she’s wearing a Shane Dawson mask and I have to agree.

by Anonymousreply 94January 3, 2021 4:18 PM

Kandy Muse has been getting people banned on Reddit for even mildly criticizing her for the past few weeks. She’s about to have a rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 95January 3, 2021 4:22 PM

LOL.......the delusion is real......Kandy better be ready for the clap back from viewers who can figure out who and what she is from the first 2 minutes of the episode......

by Anonymousreply 96January 3, 2021 4:26 PM

what r91 said.

by Anonymousreply 97January 3, 2021 5:22 PM

Joey Jay is a very accomplished ice skater and even taught, he's originally from the Madison Wisconsin area but moved to Phenix a few years ago. He's gotten very handsome as he's gotten older but still has a horrible nelly voice.

by Anonymousreply 98January 3, 2021 5:30 PM

They are always given the lip sync song for the episode r91. That's how the show works.

However they would not expect it to have to do it within 10 mins of showing up to set.

by Anonymousreply 99January 3, 2021 5:33 PM

I really don't mind Kandy, but Tina Burner, ugh, she reminds me of the creepy Sherrie Pie. Don't find her funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 100January 3, 2021 5:47 PM

Unlike Silky and Vanjie and Aja and the other boogers, Kandy Muse is apparently a great performer. We shall see, I guess.

Symone will be the breakout star regardless of how far she goes in the competition.

For some reason I love this rivalry between Rose and Tina, even if it's manufactured for TV. "I like her but I don't think she likes me." This could be fun.

I really like Joey Jay.

by Anonymousreply 101January 3, 2021 5:58 PM

Vanjie was never a booger.

by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2021 6:10 PM

[Quote] Kandy Muse is apparently a great performer.

Says Kandy herself.

by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2021 6:11 PM

I typically don't find drag queens hot in or out of drag. The drag thing is a turn off for me, but I will say that Rose is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 104January 3, 2021 7:12 PM

Never watched this freak show.

by Anonymousreply 105January 3, 2021 7:16 PM

Maybe because of Covid they are going to keep the two groups separate until there are fewer contestants? And that every episode one girl from each group will be selected, by the group, as the worst of the week and be up for elimination. The formula has gotten a bit stale over the years, I wouldn't mind if they used the opportunity to try something new.

by Anonymousreply 106January 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Looks like Joey is another vapid queen vacationing during the pandemic.

Puerto Vallarta in September...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2021 12:00 AM

That was from September r107. Not from the NYE Circuit Party.

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2021 12:02 AM

R107's post clearly says it was September.

He still traveled there during a global health pandemic and PV has been under various levels of restrictions almost the entire duration.

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2021 12:11 AM

I personally don't care about someone taking some little beach trip.

I was hating on the NYE crew because they were traveling for a crowded circuit party which is a goldmine for covid spreading.

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2021 12:15 AM

LOVE THE HUGE BULGE IN HER PANTS AT R107.

by Anonymousreply 111January 4, 2021 12:18 AM

Joey is the trade of this season. Very handsome. The first episode I didn't see it in him? Now I do! Who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 4, 2021 12:22 AM

more Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 4, 2021 12:23 AM

yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 4, 2021 12:30 AM

I've seen Kandy Muse perform live many time at the bars in NYC and Brooklyn. She's hysterical on stage and a lot of fun, not bitchy or put out like a lot of the other NYC queens who are currently on this season.

by Anonymousreply 115January 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Wow, this snuck up on me.

My dvr started recording something, went to check and BAM! - new season of RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 116January 4, 2021 2:06 AM

I've rewatched the episode a few times. Joey would have normally won the LS but Kany made Ru "laugh" so she automatically wins. Mayham said that is the first rule in DR. Kandy was so busy holder up her invisible boobs the entire LS. I didn't know Joey was an ice skater so that explains her finished dance moves unlike Kandy's sloppy moves.

by Anonymousreply 117January 4, 2021 4:29 AM

^ *holding up

by Anonymousreply 118January 4, 2021 4:31 AM

So... Milk doesn’t seem long for this world if she’s s meth head onlyfans whore. Sad. Would never take that one home to meet the parents now.

by Anonymousreply 119January 4, 2021 4:50 AM

From what I've seen so far, I like this cast better than those from the past couple of years. There's a good mix of experienced and new queens and the personalities lean towards silly and zany. Gottmik seems to have the personality of a flamboyant twink and fits the vibe of the show, so she's not a distraction for me. I'm sure there will be some interesting work room discussions about it all.

I don't get any "axe to grind" vibes from anyone, so maybe this season will be a palate-cleanser for the nastiness of the past year. I do get a slight dark-triad vibe from Rosé. He's kind of cute, but I wonder if Rosé is short for rosacea?

I thought it was fun to see everyone perform right out of the gate. It's hard for viewers to remember so many queens on the first episode of each season, so it seems like last year and thisyear, they're trying to break the big group down into memorable chunks.

I didn't know the season was starting so soon. I thought, "Ugh, I don't think I can do this any more," and then 30 minutes in, I was thinking "Yay! It's back!"

by Anonymousreply 120January 4, 2021 5:36 AM

The drag race gone wild subreddit has nudes of Joey Jay, Rosé and Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 4, 2021 5:38 AM

Rosé looks like Teresa Giudice

by Anonymousreply 122January 4, 2021 6:17 AM

R121 I like nudes.

by Anonymousreply 123January 4, 2021 7:24 AM

I like nudes, too.

And I like Symone.

by Anonymousreply 124January 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Symone was a riot, I really enjoyed her talking head moments.

I think I would like Tamisha as a person (cute boy, too) but everything about her look and performance was tired.

Olivia was a lot of fun in her LSFYL, and what a smile! I hope she sticks around.

Rosé and Joey Jay are cute boys, but they need to show me something else, drag-wise, for me to be impressed.

Utica was exhausting, in that Thorgy way. I'll give her another chance--but I think she will be the one the other Pork Chop queens vote out.

All the rest....zzzzzzzzzzzz. Tina will stay around for a bit for this Rosé "drama" but the others seem super basic and boring.

by Anonymousreply 125January 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Was anyone else instantly reminded of this dress when Symone was onscreen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 4, 2021 3:55 PM

R119, Milk is on meth?

by Anonymousreply 127January 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Rose nude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Joey Jay nude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 4, 2021 5:24 PM

yum-ooooooooooo !!!

by Anonymousreply 130January 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Well those nudes of Kandy's were very nice.....although they seem to be taken several pounds ago. It's amazing how NOT having to hear that annoying lisping loud mouth can enhance the visual.

by Anonymousreply 131January 4, 2021 9:08 PM

Rose & Joey have some sexy nudie shots.

by Anonymousreply 132January 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Does Rosé have rosacea? And is that where her name is from?

by Anonymousreply 133January 4, 2021 10:11 PM

I enjoyed it. I liked seeing all of them actually have to prove something on the first episode and not squirt through because someone else sucked more than they did. Nice little change of pace. It was a bit cruel when they each got "porkchopped" on stage, but they'd realize they weren't eliminated for reals once they started gathering in the loading dock. Was surprised to like Symone who looked pretty busted walking in. That lipsync is what I like to see on this show -- and what we lacked most of the last few seasons. Cautiously optimistic!

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2021 2:09 PM

omg worse ev year.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz too woke

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2021 3:09 PM

I think some of those boys are homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 136January 5, 2021 10:05 PM

This was so fucking dumb. You could tell all (or at least most) of the "Porkchopped" queens knew something was up, and not really that surprised, at least after the third one. Why can't the producers find something that works and stick with it?

by Anonymousreply 137January 6, 2021 11:18 AM

There's nothing real about reality TV. Everything is fake and bullshit including this latest dogshit Drag Race episode. Entirely coached and pre-determined outcome.

by Anonymousreply 138January 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Has she presented pussy yet?

by Anonymousreply 139January 8, 2021 12:46 AM

Please, no. Nobody wants or needs to see that!!😷 bad enough that thing is there in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 140January 8, 2021 2:08 AM

Tamisha is very serious. Not fun, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 141January 8, 2021 2:11 AM

The tranny seems to be a women. Because. She is a women.

by Anonymousreply 142January 8, 2021 2:29 AM

wait, are we doing plural for trans identities now? I didn't get my daily NewSpeak digest today....

by Anonymousreply 143January 8, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote]There's nothing real about reality TV

OMG, you have opened my eyes!! Thank you for telling the truth, you brave soldier!!

by Anonymousreply 144January 8, 2021 1:13 PM

Mikk seems like all the straight girls who want to compete as bio queens. She was clearly the savviest of the bunch to make up a lie no one can verify about being trans. The “werk, mawma, YAS god” drag mouth is the tip off.

by Anonymousreply 145January 8, 2021 1:51 PM

r145 Yeah, the insane usage of the tired lingo is an absolute tip off for these boring "trans" bitches. Check back with me in 5 years when they've found some not all that new thing to tailcoat off of.

by Anonymousreply 146January 8, 2021 3:31 PM

Preview for tonight:

Kandy will flap her big lisping mouth. The old guy will talk about cancer. Thorgy - I mean Utica - will be annoying and ask all kinds of questions. The other queens will stand around looking for the camera.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 147January 8, 2021 9:59 PM

I wonder how Magilla Gorilla will do tonight.

by Anonymousreply 148January 8, 2021 11:57 PM

Not here for the transman being part of the show, he’s way too over the top...I think this season the show jumps the shark

by Anonymousreply 149January 9, 2021 12:11 AM

^ She is so desperate, and seems to pause, and wait, and take her cues from the actual men to see how to behave...BECAUSE SHE IS A FUCKING WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 150January 9, 2021 12:29 AM

He? nah bro that a LARPing and fetishising str8 girl

by Anonymousreply 151January 9, 2021 12:29 AM

Elliott just served a look for your nerves

by Anonymousreply 152January 9, 2021 12:30 AM

Drinking game: take a shot every time someone says “Sis”, “Hunny” or “Kiki”

by Anonymousreply 153January 9, 2021 12:59 AM

They need to have a season of only NYC Queens, the drama & fights would be off the charts

by Anonymousreply 154January 9, 2021 1:00 AM

She doesn't look like a man at all, and not even like a Twink as someone said above. Out of drag she looks like a lot of lesbians I know and in drag she still looks like a woman, so where exactly is the "WOW" factor here? She said her drag was McQueen/ Galliano inspired and Picasso??! LOL And for a self proclaimed "extravagant make-up artist" her make-up isn't all that.

by Anonymousreply 155January 9, 2021 1:10 AM

She looks like a fuckwit, doing Kim Chi level of insecure makeup.

by Anonymousreply 156January 9, 2021 1:12 AM

Rupaul's nose contour is the only one there with a personality.

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2021 1:13 AM

R155 she has an unfair advantage as she is shaped like a woman...it’s similar to when transwomen compete in high school sports against cis women

by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2021 1:13 AM

Wasn’t it so shocking when Mikk didn’t realize she was about to be outed when they played the track she wrote in a choreography practice? How horrible to be outed like that without any possible knowledge and preparation! And in front of cameras in such a dramatic moment!

And of course 100% of her storyline is about how deeply FASCINATING her gender identity is.

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2021 2:20 AM

R159 love the sarcasm.

The virtue signaling with this whole thing is insane. If he doesn’t win the T Army will be on a rampage.

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2021 2:29 AM

Ru's wig was on fire. The best he's looked in drag in years. Gown, makeup, wig. Gorgeous. Out of drag, that old turtle's face is pulled tight. His mask on the Season 12 finale has been RuVealed. Facelift number two, now without fillers! Looks great in Drag and quite ill as a dude. Where are his legs in his suit pants? Nothing.

Symone does have star power and charisma. Sexy ass performer and boy around the corner. Not original, but a star. Don't anyone compare Kandy to Eureka. To this very day, I believe Eureka should have won season 10. A damn good season it was too. I have nothing against Aquaria at all...but Eureka won 5 mini challenges, 3 main challenges, should have won Snatch Game and her drag was on POINT. Funny and cute he was too, in his way. Kandy is just a foul bitch from Brooklyn. I hate to call anyone ugly...but. And the house of Aja is not a place you want to be part of. The gorgeous Dahlia should have never been a first elimination though they tried to do a Vangie with her by having her appear as a head of fucking Broccoli all last Season. Dahlia is miles more talented and pleasant than Kandy Muse.

Don't go putting down Season 12. It was the best since season SIX. Yes, since season 6. Season 9 came close.

As for having 6 bad lips syncs to start this season - they were six bad to mediocre lip syncs to start unlucky season 13. It was boring and exploitive. Elliott with two T's is not long for this. And the Trans female to male would be fine if she she didn't talk with a GAY accent. That's too much gender fuckery for me. He's more Drag Queen than female, but of course that is how Drag Race would choose to have a Trans Winner. They have to go for the freakiest to prove that Ru is reformed. (he's not:) I don't think Gottmick can win, but she's for sure part of the final four. Has to be. Symone is fantastic, but a bit derivative of previous contestants. They all are this year, more than ever. I'm too disinterested to check them off - but y'all can see for yourself. Tina Burner is not my kind of Queen. Sherry Pie, Nina West, Porkchop crap. Glad Ross finally got the McDonald's reference out of the way, because Tina's ketchup and mustard costumes and wigs are hideous. Camp ain't that. I'd much rather see Alexis Michelle do Liza dressed as a native.

Palate cleanser. Don't forget that Canada's Drag Race gave us less lace fronts and $5,000 gowns, but every week a Lip Sync STILL worth remembering. Great songs too. Even the Instagram queen Kyne was a good performer. Those bitches have to work. Not spend all day on Reddit and Twitter. Forever my favorite - the manly legend Tynomi Banks. Go see her if the world ever comes back to life. Fantastic and strangely moving performer. Like the best from Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2021 4:38 AM

The tranny speaks like my 13 year old niece with all the 'YAS QUEEEEEENNNN"s. I think 13 yeah old rainbow haired children are the target audience now so the tranny will probably win.

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2021 7:47 AM

r162 she is litterally a product of drag race; she grew up on it. She was obsessed with drag queens and was going their make up (there a videos on YouTube of her doing willam's etc) while she 'was' a girl. Bizarre and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2021 8:11 AM

What a weird format for this year. Two eps in and no one's been eliminated. I mean, that's cool.

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2021 8:21 AM

I'm not sure about this season, so far. I'm not really feeling it.

Nothing about Gottmik makes sense to me, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut about that for the rest of the season. I thought MTFs were bad with regards to stereotypes about women, but I didn't know MTFs were *that* bad when it comes to becoming stereotypically braindead twinks. I don't think Ru will let her win, but she'll be top 4.

However, I probably need to seek psychiatric help as I'm finding Kandy Muse to be... oddly... likeable.

by Anonymousreply 165January 9, 2021 1:20 PM

Don't give a shit about the obsessed anti-trans freak in here. Not a fan of her looks so far, but has nothing to do with being trans.

Moving on, I'm not sure how I feel about the season so far, either. There is no tension -- and 7 girls isn't enough to start a season with. I want more interactions and less side-eye shade from the winners of the first lipsync to the comebackers because it's not like they're a strong and final 6, they only won one challenge.

Maybe it'd help to explain things a bit? At one point I had to rewind the show because I was sure I missed an explanation of some sort. I thought they'd eliminate someone (Mik or Fat Vanjie) and then bring another of the porkchops out but then there was no elimination?

by Anonymousreply 166January 9, 2021 1:32 PM

Why the hell would these queens think that Elliott was a spy? For what, exactly?

Tina may be talented but she's fucking obnoxious. I'd love just once for a NY queen to come on the show and not talk about being from NY.

Kandy is unappealing is just about every way imaginable. Her drag is rough, and her "humor" is just well-trod mannerisms and phrases. And enough with the "I worked so hard to get here" shit. Bitch, you aren't the only one.

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2021 1:55 PM

r167 reddit is calling Kandy "FAT VANJIE"

by Anonymousreply 168January 9, 2021 2:22 PM

If only Kandy had any of Vanjie's looks or charm or humor.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2021 6:13 PM

The anti-trans assholery is typical for DL. Gotmik has some really good looks so far. Kandy Muse is incredibly annoying. I like Elliott, but he desperately needs a new drag name. Or just a drag name.

Symone is really charming and I love her energy. Tina Burner I like a lot, but she’s going to have to have a breakdown if she expects to get into the top 4. Her personality is too hard and abrasive.

by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2021 8:13 PM

Not liking Gotmik doesn't make someone anti-trans. Come on, that's beneath even RPDR stans.

by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2021 9:46 PM

No, the anti-trans thing comes form calling him a woman. I can't say I understand the trans thing but I respect whatever someone says is their personal story.

by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2021 10:06 PM

Yes, but he's a biological woman, who had her breast cut off and transitioned to living life as a man. Now "he" makes his living impersonating women. This is problematic to me. I don't care if he's on there on or not. Peppermint is one of my favorite contestants from the show. But her story is a little easier to understand and so is she frankly. Gotmik seems like a nice lesbian. Because that's what she is.

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2021 10:19 PM

*I don't care if he's on Drag Race or not.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2021 10:22 PM

After last nights show it now confirms Kandy's drag really sucks! Like Aja and that other chick they're all sloppy!

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2021 10:50 PM

Olivia is cute but limited and the Valentina impression lowers her credibility.

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2021 11:02 PM

Well, Elliott's already cancelled! 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2021 11:16 PM

Vangie was funny and entertaining r168, Kandy is not. I'm not impressed with her so far.

by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2021 11:24 PM

"Fat Aja" is more appropriate for Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2021 11:34 PM

r166 Not obsessed, and im pretty sure there are several of us here (not just me) who find it problematic that some chick apes what she thinks a gay man is for her sexual kicks.....Oh and so her identity is sacred and above contempt, and anyone who sees the issues with her is a 'anti-trans loon'? But you think is fine to casually brand another queen fat? Why is her mental illness - which is what thinking you are the opposite sex is - praiseworthy, but anothers figure is fair game to be seen as mockable? If you are going to act faux woke, do a better job at it hun.

r172 Apart from the fact she litterally IS a woman; there is no such thing as a 'sex change'; its merely cosmetic surgery, arent all drag queens called 'she' anyway? Or do we have to go out of our way to call her a HE, even though she is pretending to be a man who is pretending to be a woman? What ARE you supposed to get from her? She doesnt make sense. Anyone with true dysmorphia would rather die than spend their day pretending to be a woman, let alone an exaggerated version of it (because despite your own ignorance, not everyone who takes an issue with the denial of biological reality and its impact on HOMOSEXUALS to state their existence lives under a rock, or has never interacted with a trans person. I have met several trans men and they would never become a drag queen!! Im not going to lie on here and say they are my 'friends', but I know them well enough and like them well enough, but they still arent actual males).

by Anonymousreply 180January 10, 2021 12:30 AM

where are my pants? I lost them.

by Anonymousreply 181January 10, 2021 12:31 AM

I am going to be on next year. I will be the first fat winner, no padding necessary for my womanly curves. I am just going to go on and 'surprisingly' look like a woman. anywho.

I didn't see it last episode but Lux is beautiful and a contender too- Symone better watch out ;) Tina is a good drag queen but his actual looks are off. not his lewks, his face or something. Elliott is underwhelming.

I am really digging Michelle's looks this year. Fat Vangie looked like an evil infant in his red devil outfit

by Anonymousreply 182January 10, 2021 12:41 AM

Elliott is like the d list Trinity. I like Symone a lot. She may win it all. I don’t mind Kandy, she’s certainly better than those other Aja messes. I’m not sure about Tina, she can be funny, but like all “experienced” NY drag queens there’s something brittle about her on TV. And her looks are, hm, not cheap but don’t look polished somehow? I don’t know. She just looks messy. And what color is she painting her face as a boy? She almost looks like Data from Star Trek.

Gotmik just reads as incredibly inexperienced on stage and nervous about everything. Her looks haven’t blown me away yet. Kind of like a middling Aquaria. I don’t see how she advances. I’m just kind of whatevs about the whole trans thing. We haven’t seen the other queens yet really, so... but I hope Utica sticks around. She charmed me in her introduction. Both Rosé and Joey Jay looked a mess in the premiere.

Ru’s face is BEAT.

by Anonymousreply 183January 10, 2021 12:55 AM

Tina is just so hard. To paraphrase Michelle Visage, we need to see the real Tina. So far I like her, but I need some vulnerability. Symone is by far my favorite. That girl's got charisma!

by Anonymousreply 184January 10, 2021 1:09 AM

Lux is hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 185January 10, 2021 1:15 AM

I can't believe Tina Burner thinks she's the QUEEN of New York!

by Anonymousreply 186January 10, 2021 1:32 AM

R163, I know avid Drag Race fans exist, but seriously, what happened to just being a fan of the show and leaving it at that? Why do they need to become us? Reminds me of Tom Hanks kid, the one who thinks he's black because he listens to gangsta rap.

by Anonymousreply 187January 10, 2021 2:10 AM

Lux is beautiful and beautiful. He's a cutie beauty smile queen. A bit like a young Mariah Balenciaga in drag, but a boy in the streets. CUTE. Symone's way of walking the runway, or walking past someone or walking by is just so ITT. That boy has charisma, and as a woman - he's fire. All dark and shiny and toned. Can't wait to see his Snatch Game.

I think Utica will be fun too. Every season needs it's outside the box queen and there's definite promise there. Don't want to be mean about the rest, but Rose is not it. That's a mean man. All over his face. He's a Raven type of gleeful mean - without Raven's particular talents.

Ru is BEAT and Michelle looks like a fucking oil painting. That woman has some work done and they get phenomenal season 13 lighting. She doesn't look a day younger than her age - but Michelle has grown quite beautiful over time. That's a bitch who is taking care of herself. She's a real life mother to all these fucked up drag queen drug addicts and alcoholics and professional messes. But she's got some weird serenity and quite the healthy regime going for herself. So weird that the judges are all so old on this show. Ross knows drag and sadness and booze and queens. I get him. Carson I would love to see replaced with a real fashionista. I'm in the minority I'm sure. Bring on the guest judges that freak us out and delight me. Don't hold your breath for Jeffrey Bowyer Chapman though. 🚧🙃

A great competition reality show should engender some strong opinions. We're not at war R187. What I say on Datalounge I wouldn't put on Twitter. These contestants get called ugly, fat, n*gger OR racist all day everyday online. Not right.

The show is overly produced and the right person seldom wins, but the talent and personalities are still there to enjoy, or not.

by Anonymousreply 188January 10, 2021 2:15 AM

Is Elliott related to Martha Plimpton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 10, 2021 2:20 AM

Elliott's piggy nose reminded me more of Kristen Johnston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 10, 2021 2:36 AM

"Now "he" makes his living impersonating women. This is problematic to me. I don't care if he's on there on or not."

Contradict yourself much?

by Anonymousreply 191January 10, 2021 3:53 AM

I loved Gottmik’s looks. I’m rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 192January 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Symone is too dissociative... even for a Drag Queen.

by Anonymousreply 193January 10, 2021 4:12 AM

It's not a contradiction R191. I don't have ethical ideas about who should be on Drag Race. But I have many straight female and lesbian friends who would have problems with a gender dysmorphic woman removing her breasts only to make a living at what is already a parody of being a woman. That's what Drag Queens are. And we get that. But it's gay men who are really so bitchy and posey and categorizing and dick obsessed. Not real women. That's what Drag is. And the culture gets it now. They've been mass exposed, like you were in the late 1970s, R191. To all kinds of things.

Not every feminist, sociologist or evolved person has to like it, but drag is a type of mainstream entertainment. Campy gays - NOW with a lot of surgery to make them better resemble woman! Nice clothes. Gowns, camp and real fashion too. Buy our merch! Bring your kids to DragCon!

But when a biological woman dismembers herself, only to go on TV to "impersonate" a fake woman, yes, it's culturally problematic. Not a problem for RuPaul who would whore out his grandmother for another Emmy. Think HARDER and stop using teen lingo at 60 years old, R191. Stupid, much?

by Anonymousreply 194January 10, 2021 4:16 AM

No, R194 is not transphobic at all. No sirree.

by Anonymousreply 195January 10, 2021 4:25 AM

Not to mention homophobic, but that’s a bit more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 196January 10, 2021 4:26 AM

It’s getting late in the US, so I guess the British TERFS are getting up? I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 197January 10, 2021 4:27 AM

I bet 20 bucks she's a straight woman. not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 198January 10, 2021 4:32 AM

R195 Twansphobic? Fuck off with your baby words and fucking stupid views. She is a mental women. And that is all she will ever be, and how she will die.

by Anonymousreply 199January 10, 2021 4:46 AM

In the previews for next week's show, was that Kahmora Hall at one of the work stations? I think she was the only eliminated queen (besides Elliott) who i saw in the clip. If so, will they be bringing the original eliminatees back one by one?

by Anonymousreply 200January 10, 2021 4:49 AM

I know that everyone has access to this, but I'm posting this weeks Pit Stop, because Latrice and Trixie are a fucking delight together. Funny, honey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 10, 2021 7:39 AM

[R200] - They're keeping them in two groups until it's small enough to group them together; My guess is we'll get alternating weeks until it's small enough for the # of people in a room to go down then they'll meet after a few queens go home. Next week will be the B Team I was surprised we didn't get an elimination the second episode either

by Anonymousreply 202January 10, 2021 12:47 PM

Olivia Lux is an adorable boy and in drag is very “Shine Deena Shine” and Symone, as Ru said, just has it. I thought they both were terrific in that lip sync - and I see Dua Lipa being tricky to do, her songs are super ear-wormy, but they are mid-tempos that don’t really build to anything.

I feel like Michelle was telling Tina in so many words that she’s good but needs to deliver a Bianca level season (unimpeachable performance and runaway performances every week and grouchy old hooker with a heart of gold/not so evil stepmother in the workroom) if she’s going to take this thing.

by Anonymousreply 203January 10, 2021 2:27 PM

It's the same as last season r200 and r202. They did a split premiere, one half of the girls had an episode when they performed a song. Then the next half of girls had an episode where they performed a song. Then the two groups are brought together.

The only difference was this season there was the superfluous lip sync episode to divide them into groups.

by Anonymousreply 204January 10, 2021 2:35 PM

The queens with some mileage on them don’t seem to do well in this competition. They aren’t fresh and their routines are too familiar. That’s why this Lux Queen made it to the final LS.

by Anonymousreply 205January 11, 2021 12:20 AM

It is NOT the same as last season. They are sticking to COVID rules about how many people can be in a room at once and who actually wants to be. I don't think that Ru even entered the workroom at all. Did you hear "Oh Pit Crew" - nope. Also Elliott with two annoying Ts was introduced as if everyone knew him. None of them actually did, except who ever lip synced against him in the first episode. Continuity problem or more likely just a little mistake. Somehow they did this during lockdown on a budget. Notice that the mini challenge was a announced by Ru from across the workroom and performed in an edited and socially distanced runway. I'm glad they did. No one's died. So they are not mentioning the pandemic at all. Except when they have to. Like the plexiglass barriers between judges and the fact that sexxxy ass Jamal Syms did NOT choreograph the queens. Neither did we see them record their verses or vocals. We always have. So things were done differently, for very good reasons. Funny that you didn't notice any of this though R204? Why do you think they started with only two queens at a time in the workroom - who then went immediately to a lip sync for your life? The mainstage has never been directly opposite the judges, for other good reasons that they fake on TV. So they are trying to keep it safe. Hence the RUse that this season has a NEW twist. It's an adaptation that didn't work well the first week. The random head to head lip syncs make no sense, other than COVID. They will keep the groups apart until it gets down to a more manageable number. Why they didn't eliminate anyone is still a good question. My guess is that there are more weak queens in the other bunch. We've seen them. Elliott could have gone home, but I guess they couldn't really do it with what he turned out this week. His day and night looks were pretty good. Much but better than some others who they DO want to keep around.

It's Lux and Symone, all damn day. Once this thread is up and running we'll hear why a black queen can't win this year, because of Jaida Essence Hall? The unluckiest winner in Drag Race history. She would have toured the world and turned looks, made two hundred grand and done some legit runways. Her whole reign has been during shutdown. Too bad because she is pretty great and very beautiful. It's possible they won't crown another skinny black girl this season. But it sure as fuck ain't gonna be Tina Burner who wins. Please.

by Anonymousreply 206January 11, 2021 12:22 AM

L O V E

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 12, 2021 10:00 PM

You really do have to be at Bianca level if you come in with some mileage. Unflustered and supremely confident but not arrogant and funny. Sewing skills help. Bianca was basically the whole package that Ru loves, and if you’re a “New York” Queen you’d better be there or bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 208January 12, 2021 11:12 PM

Rosé slay.

by Anonymousreply 209January 16, 2021 12:28 AM

I really enjoyed the second group much more than the so-called "winners' circle." Of course the first group is saddled with the gruesome twosome of Tina and Kandy, which has a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 210January 16, 2021 5:10 AM

I’m kind of in love with Tamisha.

by Anonymousreply 211January 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Tamisha is super likable, and I LOVE that she makes her own clothes. I hope they keep her around for awhile. I liked a lot of the queens in last night’s episode, and I’m not hating the non eliminations. It was a good introduction to everyone and we got to see some of their fashion.

Can Denali PLEASE CINCH her fucking waist? Ugh. I thought I was going to hate Rosé but I kind of liked her. Joey Jay seemed like the weakest but was cute out of drag. Kahmora is stunning and I loved her cunting on the line when Michelle said she had competition in the looks department and she clapped back “Where?” If she keeps doing that she might be okay. I like Utica, I just want more from her. She seems intimidated.

by Anonymousreply 212January 16, 2021 12:11 PM

I’m already beyond tired of Joey Jay’s lack of wigs.

by Anonymousreply 213January 16, 2021 12:17 PM

I really like Tamisha and Symone.

I'm interested to see where Elliott goes but I hope there's more than just eighties looks. He's cute too if he would stop moving around so much then we could get a better look at him.

Joey is really cute as a guy but he HAS to wear wigs in drag. Michelle told him in no uncertain terms but I don't think he got it. He's got no more chances after 4 looks with no wig. Who cares what he's comfortable with - this is Drag Race and you do what is expected or you go home. Let's see.

I don't like Tina Burner or LaLa Ri. Tired, boring, leaning to nasty and we've seen it all before.

Olivia Lux is totally forgettable.

Kahmora isn't on time, can't dance and is too stressted. She knew she would be on Drag Race so why didn't she practice? The designer clothes would make anyone look good but she is a paper cut out and there's nothing there. I don't care about the sad backstory about not being about to be herself in real life because of her controlling boyfriend. She has to go - she's not up to scratch.

I want to learn more but I am not impressed with the religion angle from Utica.

I don't think Gottmilk should be there but I understand why she is there. Her makeup is absolutely flawless.

Kandy Muse is repulsive and can barely speak because she's so obese.

Rose is too "something" that I can't put my finger on but seems nice. Too polished but doesn't hit the mark?

Tamisha is my fave so far.

by Anonymousreply 214January 16, 2021 12:34 PM

Forgot to mention Denali.

I can see the talent but it doesn't translate into likability. I didn't think the looks were that great. It's early days yet though.

by Anonymousreply 215January 16, 2021 12:35 PM

Yes R213.

by Anonymousreply 216January 16, 2021 1:32 PM

Agree R215, not at all sold on Denali and didn’t really agree with the lip sync win.

by Anonymousreply 217January 16, 2021 1:33 PM

Don't want to derail the thread but is anyone watching season 2 of Drag Race UK? If there's an existing thread for it, please post a link. thanks.

by Anonymousreply 218January 16, 2021 3:19 PM

Agree r210. I found this group of queens much more entertaining to watch than the group last week, this week finally felt like a good episode of drag race to me.

You are delusional on that last part R217. Denali owned that lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 219January 16, 2021 3:24 PM

It's hard when you are older r205. Tamisa is 49 and is just getting over cancer, being expected to outdance queens half her age. At a certain point your body just doesn't move the way it used to.

by Anonymousreply 220January 16, 2021 3:27 PM

Sorry to say, they'll never give the crown to a 49 year old. But Tamisha has class, and is very funny and warm and caring and should be kept around as long as possible and then given Miss Congeniality. She, Symone and Oliva Lux are my favorites. Symone for the win.

by Anonymousreply 221January 16, 2021 3:43 PM

Anyone know how old Tina is? She may not be as old as Tamisha, but she sure looks it.

by Anonymousreply 222January 16, 2021 3:49 PM

Tina Burner is 39 r222. Then next is Rose at 31.

by Anonymousreply 223January 16, 2021 3:54 PM

people in the LGBTQ community need to stop watching this crap.

by Anonymousreply 224January 16, 2021 4:01 PM

I also liked the second group, they're less cunty.

R214 - I agree, I'm all for Tamisha (I love her) & Symone. Symone has it, like Heidi has it. Joey Jay is gorgeous. People were saying Utica was annoying but I think she's interesting. Kahmora is gorgeous and very witty. Denali looked stunning and is a great performer, I enjoyed her lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 225January 16, 2021 4:01 PM

Why R224?

by Anonymousreply 226January 16, 2021 4:02 PM

Because I’m a self-loathing homo who deplores anything that’s too faggy.

by Anonymousreply 227January 16, 2021 5:39 PM

I mean, there have been queens who either don't wear a wig at all or only wear short pussy cat wigs.

I liked the looks of the second batch queens a lot.

by Anonymousreply 228January 16, 2021 6:39 PM

Sorry, I hit enter accidentally. I feel bad for comparing Utica to Thorgy, Utica is far more interesting looking and put together. Kamora is... a lot. I was less impressed by his red greasy looking wig than by the no wig on the other one.

by Anonymousreply 229January 16, 2021 6:42 PM

I think the judges may suspect that Joey Jay’s androgyny has less to do with a Sasha Velour “gender fuck” mentality and come more from a place of “but I’m actually a hot boy” a la Milk.

by Anonymousreply 230January 16, 2021 6:48 PM

also, I have thought this before, I wish Nichole was a regular judge. she's fantastic

by Anonymousreply 231January 16, 2021 7:15 PM

R218 link to Drag Race UK Season 2 thread. Also, one episode of it has been much more entertaining than all three episodes of season 13 combined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 16, 2021 8:21 PM

Yes R231. Nicole Byer is hilarious. And her observations are wonderfully left field, but always make sense. What a treat she is.

by Anonymousreply 233January 16, 2021 9:21 PM

Cute Tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Why has Michelle not commented on Denali’s I’ll-fitting costumes? The tights in her ‘lady look’ were sagging around the knees and her runway look was baggy around the waist. Not acceptable, and yet she fucking won the round?!

by Anonymousreply 235January 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Oh dear! I’ll should be ill. Damn autoincorrect.

by Anonymousreply 236January 16, 2021 9:44 PM

What happened to Kahmora’s eyebrows? One minute they’re gone, next they’re there. Did she get so stressed out trying to do her makeup she shaved them after the first challenge?

by Anonymousreply 237January 17, 2021 12:15 AM

Once again, this review of the episode on The Pit Stop is better than the show. I love Priyanka. She and Trixie have wild chemistry. Next time Katya has a psychotic break - they know who to call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 17, 2021 12:41 AM

It was nice to have a week without Silky.....I mean Kandy. I swear she either got to git speech therapy or I'm gonna have to turn on the closed captions.

by Anonymousreply 239January 20, 2021 6:46 PM

R238 Next time? Next week....

by Anonymousreply 240January 20, 2021 6:58 PM

R239 I've been re-watching Season 11 this week and I don't think Kandy Muse and Silky are that comparable, aside from both being fat, but let's face it Kandy is slim compared to Silky. I forgot how Silky just sucked all the air out of the show that season. We'll see if Kandy gets to that point, but she's positively mild mannered compared to Silky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 20, 2021 11:27 PM

I also liked this batch of queens better than the "winner's circle" which, again, only won one damn challenge. The porckchops feel they have to prove themselves and they are going to come in slashing tires!

The UK show is magnitudes better than the US. Those queens are witty and fun and don't rely nearly as much on being social media queens. They've earned their place in the competition. That's the kind of drag I like. The UK show is like drag race before season 7.

by Anonymousreply 242January 20, 2021 11:34 PM

R231 I think that you're in luck! I read that Nicole Byers is going to appear as a judge more than once this season, along with Loni Love. I guess they didn't/couldn't get more celebrity judges due to COVID-19.

I don't mind Carson, but I am sick to death of Ross.

by Anonymousreply 243January 21, 2021 2:22 AM

YAY! r243! I actually watched that dumb show she hosts 'Nailed it' because I like her so much..

by Anonymousreply 244January 21, 2021 2:26 AM

Nicole would be great hosting and drag iteration I think. Or maybe rotate with Carson and Ross. I think she should have gotten the Emmy instead of Ru.

by Anonymousreply 245January 21, 2021 2:48 AM

Carson and Ross are both dead weight. We've discussed it many times before. I can name 20 better qualified, funnier and less ancient judges for the panel. Ru does not want to change what keeps him winning underserved Awards. He also doesn't want to be outshined for more than a week by another judge. So many cute guys who've served would be great as permanent judges - along with Nicole Byer or Aubrey Plaza or Kristen Johnson or Tamar Braxton. I don't like Ross's barfly pathetic lifelong behavior, but he's a genius compared to Carson. Bring back Santino or anyone who actually knows fashion. (Keiynan Lonsdale, Jeremy Scott, Jay Manuel, Princess Anne) Carson is OLD and tacky as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 246January 21, 2021 3:17 AM

I like Ross, I don't want them to get rid of him. Carson is harmless but I am fine if he was replaced.

by Anonymousreply 247January 21, 2021 3:36 AM

What is wrong with Rose’s face? Why so red?

Kandy hasnt has one good look for someone who was pegged to be a fan favorite. Would be nice to have another Hispanic winner but she doesn’t seem to have any of the C U N T formula.

by Anonymousreply 248January 21, 2021 5:22 AM

I wish Santino would come back. He was the best judge.

by Anonymousreply 249January 21, 2021 5:23 AM

As long as the runway outfits continue to be a determining factor on who wins and who falls to the bottom (and especially since the queens spend more and more money on them with each passing season), there needs to be someone on the panel with a fashion background who can give insightful critiques of the outfits. Santino would comment on construction, design and fit. Carson and Ross do not.

by Anonymousreply 250January 21, 2021 5:30 AM

r244 she also co-hosts a Drag Race recap podcast called Drag Her. it’s one of the few Drag Race related podcasts that I actually enjoy. You can tell she’s been a superfan for a while and was ecstatic to be asked back to judge.

by Anonymousreply 251January 21, 2021 10:23 AM

More ugly femmy gay male half-wits in clown outfits And a tranny too. Why watch this shit?

by Anonymousreply 252January 21, 2021 10:33 AM

I will check that out r251- thanks!

by Anonymousreply 253January 21, 2021 11:44 AM

That bald bore who won the show a while back hardly ever wore wigs yet Joey Jay is getting dragged for doing the same thing. If Joey was black and/or bald, he wouldn't get all of this criticism. This show wants diversity and they want to see new expressions of drag unless it's a cute, young white guy doing it.

by Anonymousreply 254January 21, 2021 12:26 PM

Another upvote for Drag Race UK—it's very back-to-basics with no silly twists. Plus the queens are kind of rough around the edges.

by Anonymousreply 255January 21, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote]That bald bore who won the show a while back hardly ever wore wigs

*gasp* are you talking about Vassar College graduate and a Fulbright scholar Sasha Velour?

by Anonymousreply 256January 21, 2021 12:38 PM

Rosay, Woman, Skinny Little and Fat Pig Final Four

by Anonymousreply 257January 21, 2021 12:41 PM

R257 And cancer will go home 5th and get Ms. Congeniality.

by Anonymousreply 258January 21, 2021 3:06 PM

The issue is Joey’s haircut gives Pink!/lesbian energy, not fashion or glamour.

We’ve seen many, many bald runway models by now, which is why it’s easier to digest and not so off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 259January 21, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]The issue is Joey’s haircut gives Pink!/lesbian energy, not fashion or glamour.

Not even that, but "you're being lazy and wearing your boy hair" energy.

by Anonymousreply 260January 21, 2021 3:41 PM

Let's have some double eliminations! Why prolong the agony of the audience?

by Anonymousreply 261January 21, 2021 3:50 PM

Sasha did wear some wigs and hats and served versatility. Joey had the same hair for four looks in a row.

You can't just do the same look everytime.

by Anonymousreply 262January 21, 2021 3:59 PM

Joey looks like a man in every way. Thick body, brick face and that that stupid hair. He looks like a waiter at a drag club.

Sasha Velour is a drag queen who knew how to paint and present himself. Not my winner, but a very creative guy and great stage performer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 21, 2021 5:12 PM

Sasha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 21, 2021 5:18 PM

..we have a Sasha stan? You must be lost, honey.

by Anonymousreply 265January 21, 2021 5:23 PM

No, Shea Coulee was my winner and the rightful winner of season 9, but you hate her too, right R265?

I know who you are. Honey.

by Anonymousreply 266January 21, 2021 5:36 PM

^ Not hate, she just has little talent, warmth, charisma or talent. Did I mention she has little talent. Much like the vixen.

by Anonymousreply 267January 21, 2021 5:39 PM

You hate all the black queens. R267. It's been established on these threads, many times. Go jerk me a soda. And take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 268January 21, 2021 5:42 PM

No, I don't. Chi Chi was my darling. Trinity K Bonet is stunning and so sweet. Sahara, what a huge talent.

I do hate the vixen, that tiresome no talent wind box. But then, who doesn't hate the vermin?

by Anonymousreply 269January 21, 2021 5:51 PM

I really hated R267's Silky commentary. I stopped reading and posting on the RPDR threads that season, they were so bad.

by Anonymousreply 270January 21, 2021 10:31 PM

It was 100x worse during Season 10, R270.

by Anonymousreply 271January 21, 2021 10:34 PM

Even on an anonymous board, I can tell those posts are from the same person season to season. His hatred is really gross, and I can't comprehend why he'd watch something made by RuPaul. Get some help, R267/etc/etc.

by Anonymousreply 272January 21, 2021 10:40 PM

They should get Nicole Byer to replace that frog-voiced bore on Canada’s Drag Race as a permanent guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 273January 22, 2021 12:33 AM

Season two of UK is leagues above this so far. It’s so refreshing to hear queens with some intelligence and a sense of humor. The looks are shitty, but they are so much like the good queens from years ago like Sharon and Bianca with a biting tongue.

Kandy Muse represents everything that fucking sucks about drag and Drag Race today in the US.

by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2021 12:36 AM

You'll be a happier person if you block em. They are also the Spoiler Cunt, so continue at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 275January 22, 2021 12:38 AM

Why did they put on face shields to go outside when they’ve been all up in everyone’s face unmasked the entire episode?

by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2021 2:26 AM

I really appreciated Loni Love as a judge. I could get used to having her and Nicole Byers on the panel.

Love how RuPaul didn't miss a beat when it came to choosing Denali as the winner of the lip sync. I wonder if Kahmora can even perform, heavy dress or not.

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2021 3:05 AM

That episode was so much better than the first three combined. Even the acting challenge didn't suck as much as they usually do. Have some good actors in this cast.

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2021 4:11 AM

[quote]test test test

by Anonymousreply 279January 23, 2021 4:14 AM

Is every Untucked going to turn into the Kandy Muse Show? STFU! You aren't that funny or interesting. She's the new Silky - sloppy as hell drag but Ru thinks she's hilarious so she'll get dragged far in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2021 4:51 AM

I also thought after this episode that Kandy is clearly getting the Silky treatment. Which means that she's going to stick around for awhile, and will avoid the bottom two for as long as the powers that be can keep her away from it.

Poor Joey Jay. Having to deal with Kandy being after your ass, literally.

JBC returns.... I kind of want to see what the Twitterati has to say about that!

by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2021 5:05 AM

Give Symone the damn crown now! That boy has got to do some Supreme era Diana Ross!! He's skinny and ebony and gorgeous and wildly expressive. I own 51 percent of this FACTRY! Rose came to play too. I see it now. He's pretty sly, very talented and would be a cute boy too if he uncurled a few things. Tina is pretty great too in a too broad way. Denali was amazing in the lip synch - but really lacks in other important areas. Utica is not long for the show. But adorable. Elliott's voice and laugh bother me too. He was terrible in the RuPaulmark movie. Go Home. I forgot Gottmik was there...

Kandy Muse did not make me laugh. Nope. Owweee, he's unattractive, in most every way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2021 6:39 AM

Kandy looks like shit every time. I’ve seen better put together queens in small town Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Why were they laughing at Kandy in the movie? She jumped up and down, was unintelligible, and wore a clown nose. I don’t get it. And her runway was atrocious. She may have been right about Elliot, but had no business saying it. And her face on the runway. That was as bad as anything I have ever seen on the race.

by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2021 11:25 AM

I cannot stand the bitchy fat lisping queen, she just nasty

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2021 11:48 AM

"Here's a piece of advice that Monique gave me on the set of Soul Plane...." I loved that moment.

Is Simone this year's Aquaria, aka, the Obvious Winner with Zero Competition? Hm.

by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2021 12:04 PM

At least with Symone you can see the talent a mile away. Aquaria never really seemed like the frontrunner.

by Anonymousreply 287January 23, 2021 12:27 PM

I have to agree that Kandy Nutmeg always looks busted - her drag and makeup. And she wasn't that funny in the sketch.

BUT after seeing the nudes......if there would be no conversation - he could get it.

The going after Elliott was not justified except as trying the stir things up.

Symone is everything - I hope he can keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 288January 23, 2021 2:17 PM

I liked Kandy's entrance look, but she has looked busted in everything else. I'm surprised how poor she is at the art of drag.

Joey Jay is lucky they escaped the bottom. He is cute but clearly doesn't have what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 289January 23, 2021 2:20 PM

You made me think r286, and I think so far the most obvious winner has been Bob. He really steam rolled Season 8 and didn't have any real competition.

by Anonymousreply 290January 23, 2021 2:25 PM

I laughed out loud when Kandy said that the "B" group would be gagged at how great the winner circle looked. Gurl, get a mirror. They were gagging alright, by how atrocious you looked.

by Anonymousreply 291January 23, 2021 2:27 PM

The most lopsided lip synch ever. Denali was fantastic and looked great on the runway.

Olivia should have been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 292January 23, 2021 2:28 PM

Symone definitely for the win. "Factree"

Drag Race UK...hmmm... I think the big Scottish queen and the two Naomis will be in the top three.

by Anonymousreply 293January 23, 2021 4:12 PM

I agree - it's Symone's to lose at this point.

Did you know Graham Norton and Tina lived together in the noughties?

by Anonymousreply 294January 23, 2021 4:56 PM

I watched Episode Two of the UK version. Good show although the Rusical went on F O R E V E R.

A lot of those guys are homely out of drag......being kind.....

by Anonymousreply 295January 23, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]it's Symone's to lose at this point.

Which seems to be why they put in that cliffhanger in the preview of next week's episode: Symone announcing that she cannot sew, since we're having a ball challenge.

by Anonymousreply 296January 23, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote]Symone definitely for the win. "Factree"

"FACK-TREH"

by Anonymousreply 297January 23, 2021 5:55 PM

Kanjie is so lame!

by Anonymousreply 298January 23, 2021 7:46 PM

Here's the link to UK season 2 for anyone watching it as well. It needs some love. For such a fresh show it's crickets over there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 23, 2021 10:40 PM

Goddamn, Symone is the best queen they've had in years, like, throwback to early seasons good. He has STYLE.

I know Utica isn't going far but I also like hime so much, very endearing.

I think part of Elliotts issue visually is that his head is the same width as his short neck.

by Anonymousreply 300January 24, 2021 12:02 AM

R300 Elliott's pig nose doesn't help matters much, either.

by Anonymousreply 301January 24, 2021 1:03 AM

Utica is a Jesus Frau.

by Anonymousreply 302January 24, 2021 1:33 AM

This is a nice video from Denali (and Kahmora) featuring Chicago queens. In the age of COVID, it's a nice gesture from Denali to create a video like this with other Chicago queens. Apologies in advance for summoning the anti-Vixen troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 24, 2021 1:39 AM

Fantastic that Kahmora is gone. She literally had no talents at all and shouldn't have been there in the first place. She took up a legitimate contestant slot that someone else could have used. The moral of the story? A clothes horse does not a Drag Race contestant make.

Kahmora also didn't seem, um.... very smart. Especially after watching Ross trying to get her to enunciate the right word in the RuPaulmark challenge. That was painful and embarrassing. She also said some quite cunty things about other contestants - when she couldn't back it up.

She's similar to those "Instagram contestants" who look fantastic on Instagram and then get to Drag Race and don't look like their Instagram pictures (they look rough as guts) because they are so staged and filtered and posed 600 times per Instagram post and then it ALL collapses right away because have no other discernible talent and they never understand what the fuck just happened.

Real life happened bitches!

by Anonymousreply 304January 24, 2021 1:49 AM

I was shocked Kahmora was first boot because of the editing (but it was very deserved). She got a lot of screen time in these episodes and we learned so much more about her than many of the other queens.

by Anonymousreply 305January 24, 2021 2:00 AM

First boot couldn't have been anyone but Kahmora R305. She should never have been there in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 306January 24, 2021 2:15 AM

R290 I think Raja winning Season 3 was the most obvious from the first episode. There was no one who challenged.

by Anonymousreply 307January 24, 2021 4:00 AM

I don't care to argue but Raja would never have been the home viewers choice to win. He's such a pretentious douche bag and he was an asshole to Shangela, Yara, Alexis and Stacy Layne Matthews. Manila Luzon should have won that season and is to this day better loved and remembered and paid. So there's that. Raja is the OG definition of man in a dress. Manila was coy, gorgeous, funny, talented, creative, sexy, pretty, kind, quick witted, fashion, irreverent and CUNT. One of the top 5 contestants on Drag Race EVER. Raja is that insecure weirdo who started a "Heathers" gang at 40 years old. Friend of the RuMonster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 24, 2021 5:33 AM

And this too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 24, 2021 5:37 AM

Just caught up will all the episodes.

The second group was totally better than the first one.

All the pretty boys are in it.

That speech impediment person is fucking annoying.

Utica needs to eat a sandwich, or twenty. Sheesh.

Is Denali a Latino? He’s beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 310January 24, 2021 6:00 AM

Raja also propped up the no-talent Carmen Carrera... but then again, so did Manila.

by Anonymousreply 311January 24, 2021 6:06 AM

R311 Oh yes, talentless Carmen and her “weesh nose.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 24, 2021 6:39 AM

Symone is just a natural performer, isn't she? I know nothing of drag per se (this is my third season of Drag Race), but you can't take your eyes off her. And it's not that she's the most beautiful or anything. It's just the presence. And it's NOT there when she's in the workroom. She just blends in. But once on stage? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 313January 24, 2021 8:44 AM

Who was that horror who got sent home for picking up a fellow contestant during the lip sync?

by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2021 9:46 AM

The insufferable and deeply unlikable, Mimi Imfurst R314:

"Mimi Imfurst fell into the bottom two against India Ferrah, which resulted in a memorable, high-drama lip-sync. During the middle of the number, Mimi went down to the judges' panel with India, ducked underneath India, and picked India up on her shoulders, carrying her back onto the main stage.

At the end of the lip-sync, RuPaul quoted to Mimi, "drag is not a contact sport", and Mimi was eliminated".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Thanks R315 I remember she was a total bitch

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2021 9:54 AM

I find it hard to believe the second group is better r310, as the first includes the two best queens, Symone and Lux.

by Anonymousreply 317January 24, 2021 11:35 AM

And Utica joins the hundreds of other delusional contestants who was sure she "was in the top three."

by Anonymousreply 318January 24, 2021 5:35 PM

And poor Kandy imagining that a few of the others are her "competition."

The only race she is in with her busted drag and horrible makeup is "next to be eliminated."

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2021 5:36 PM

After proclaiming Tina and Kandy as her bffs, Gottmik is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 320January 24, 2021 6:10 PM

Does "gottmik" mean something? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 321January 24, 2021 9:39 PM

There was an advertising campaign for the milk industry years ago. Celebrities were pictured with a white mustache above their mouths to indicate they just drank milk.

Here's one example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 24, 2021 11:45 PM

We all love the Williams sisters - but Gottmik had her milk bags surgically removed. I seriously doubt a 22 year old has any knowledge of the Got Milk campaign.

Gottmik acts like such a queeny bitchy gay boy. I am starting to think that maybe she really was born a gay man in a lesbians body!! Who does the fucking there. Is her clit a penis? Does she take it up the ass in her front hole? It's reassuring to see that Gottmik has no real talent outside HER makeup skills and an expensive feminine wardrobe. The sooner that thing leaves, the better for pronouns. No way is she top 4 material.

by Anonymousreply 323January 25, 2021 2:24 AM

Agreed R320. That was quite nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 324January 25, 2021 2:46 AM

I also cringe when Gottmik starts in on the gay boy slang. However, we should expect that she (are we allowed to use that pronoun?) makes it to at least the halfway mark, if not the top 4.

by Anonymousreply 325January 25, 2021 4:30 AM

I don't even know, R325, I think "they" is safest.

They seem like a burlesque of a twink to me. They make make sad.

by Anonymousreply 326January 25, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] Does "gottmik" mean something? I don't understand.

Aside from the “Got milk” pun, Mikayla Gottlieb was Gottmik’s deadname.

by Anonymousreply 327January 25, 2021 5:19 AM

I want Symone, Olivia Lux, or Utica to win.

by Anonymousreply 328January 25, 2021 10:33 AM

Gottmik has a vagina, therefore "she" is correct. She stole her look from Siouxsie Sioux, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 329January 25, 2021 12:22 PM

Symone is dynamic AF

by Anonymousreply 330January 25, 2021 2:02 PM

This has got to be one of the ugliest casts I have ever seen in my life - so fuckig hideous. Kandy Muse is a hippo and I can’t understand a word she says. Tamisha looks so tacky and like she’s about to keel over and die. Joey Jay looks like a weirdo dyke. And Rosé and Tina Burner are supposed to be these amazing veterans? They’re horrendously ugly and I can’t see how they are New York legends.

Olivia & Symone are my favorites - Symone being no.1

Most of the cast tho:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Tina Burner reminds me if Eunice Burns from WHAT'S UP DOC? Except that Eunice is funny.

by Anonymousreply 332January 25, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]And Rosé and Tina Burner are supposed to be these amazing veterans? They’re horrendously ugly and I can’t see how they are New York legends.

Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 333January 25, 2021 7:05 PM

Rosé is not a New York legend. She is fairly new to the scene. She came way after Jan Sport.

by Anonymousreply 334January 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Why is Rose's face always so red out of makeup? Is Rose short for rosacea?

by Anonymousreply 335January 25, 2021 9:59 PM

R335 I’ve noticed that too

by Anonymousreply 336January 25, 2021 10:12 PM

Bunch o’ big boned bitches

by Anonymousreply 337January 25, 2021 10:12 PM

Symone is sleek and glowing honey. Fine boned as can be. And the durag merch done already dropped!

by Anonymousreply 338January 25, 2021 11:23 PM

The future of drag....straight women in bad makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 26, 2021 2:03 AM

Denali is my favorite. Her lip sync was fantastic. And boy Denali is adorable! Those dimples are so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 340January 26, 2021 3:15 AM

Is Denali that flight attendant in that Pepto Bismol commercial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 26, 2021 2:50 PM

Gottmik has to be the stupidest fucking drag name I’ve heard in a long, long time. It’s not even a name. Or a word.

by Anonymousreply 342January 28, 2021 1:06 PM

The show has been smart to resist it for as long as they have, R339. It’s clear what physical advantages biological women have in this competition every time Gottmikk comes out. The point of drag is dressing as the opposite gender. That’s why people tune in.

Once it becomes an everybody can do everything situation where mentally ill straight women feel entitled to demand representation in a situation that isn’t about them, they’ll lose the audience.

by Anonymousreply 343January 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Even if the show allows FTM queens to compete. I strongly doubt Ru would *ever* choose one of them as the winner. My theory regarding winners is that I truly think that Ru (and the producers, of which Ru is one) chooses queens based on how much they remind him... of himself. So there's o fucking way we'll ever get a trans winner OR a fat winner (sorry Kandy!!!).

by Anonymousreply 344January 28, 2021 1:39 PM

r329, I would argue that she stole her look from Nomi Klaus or Serge Lutens. There was a makeup she did that was a direct steal from Pat McGrath (who was doing drag makeup on models before anyone else). I do have to say that she is more attractive presenting as a man, than a woman. And I just realized that "GottMik" is a portmanteau of her last "Gott" and first name "Mik".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 28, 2021 2:39 PM

Whiuo ymiug ine t? (Where my win at?)

by Anonymousreply 346January 28, 2021 2:55 PM

Denali is like Gigi Goode--all ambition, zero personality. I'd rather have a messy, interesting queen like Katya over a joyless robot any day.

by Anonymousreply 347January 28, 2021 3:00 PM

Denali is a fucking bore.

by Anonymousreply 348January 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Denali was really feeling herself after her win, and she chose the biggest role in her group thinking she would knock it out of the park and slay the other queens. But she turned out to be a bland bore.

Kandy should not have been in the top 3. So I guess that they aren’t really taking the runway into consideration?

by Anonymousreply 349January 28, 2021 4:21 PM

R344, I doubt RuPaul cares as much as you think. She had an old interview saying that of her drag went mainstream (meaning emmys and such) then that means she sold out.

It’s also after she teamed up with VH1 that such a focus went into younger Instagram queens as opposed to the dive in bar queens of before.

VH1 would def push a trans winner so they can claim “wokeness”.

by Anonymousreply 350January 28, 2021 4:25 PM

Maybe gottmik could swing a win for woke points if the cast were full of duds (as a dud personality wise herself - is there anything to her other than fashion?), but no way in hell is she beating Symone for the crown.

by Anonymousreply 351January 28, 2021 11:33 PM

Did Kandy go home yet?

by Anonymousreply 352January 28, 2021 11:37 PM

Kandy is your first big girl WINNER!

by Anonymousreply 353January 28, 2021 11:44 PM

R342, right. It just looks like bad grammar and spelling it with two Ts and no L doesn't make it a clever pun.

by Anonymousreply 354January 28, 2021 11:52 PM

Women can’t let men have anything, if there’s glory to be had they’ll come for it. Next season just all fraus in TJ MAXX dresses and Clinique makeup lip syncing for their lives.

by Anonymousreply 355January 29, 2021 12:11 AM

In the latest Elliot Page thread, it was mentioned how Bob the Drag Queen is now dating a FTM, which I had heard but didn't care enough to look into.

In doing so just now, I saw this tweet from just over a year ago where Bob declared that he identifies as "non-binary". Honey, you're a man who is over 6 feet tall doing drag for a living. What exactly is "non-binary" about that? The thing is, so many of the queens are calling themselves that these days. The RPDR Wiki shows that dozens of them are now NB, some of whom are surprises to me (Adore? Laganja? Milk? Nina Bo'Nina? Acid Betty? Crystal Methyd?) and some aren't (Sasha Velour, Gigi Goode, Yuhua).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 29, 2021 5:52 AM

i guess if you’re not a butch macho man, you’re non binary now. That whole mess only seems to reinforce stereotypical gender roles, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 357January 29, 2021 6:04 AM

At least he is honest about not being gay, so I actually give him credit for that. pansexual is stupid; you are just a certain type of bi.

by Anonymousreply 358January 29, 2021 6:09 AM

r356 I only know anything bout Laganja through following willam (I find him funny), but he/she is super woke. All queer this, queer that, intersectionality this and that. And yeah, has been nb for several years

by Anonymousreply 359January 29, 2021 6:12 AM

Non binary generally means self loathing and unfuckable.

by Anonymousreply 360January 29, 2021 7:52 AM

Jinkx is also non binary. I've had some interesting if a bit heated conversations with her on Twitter. She's a pretty cool person. Really a gentle soul. And of course Bendela is with a FTM partner for a long time now.

For some of these queens, it's their truth. For just as many others it's what they do to keep their fanbase happy and the follow numbers up.

You'll never catch Bianca or Trinity The Tuck saying they're not gay, nor Detox, Alaska or Willam. Though all say what they must to stay employed. Those last four are the biggest dick sluts in RPDR herstory. Jinkx loves dick too - she just wants you to accept her as a girl. That's what non binary usually means among the Drag Race alumni.

I am a bit surprised about BOB. He's into twinks, for sure. But I don't think he's into pussy. He just got fat and bald and uglier, so he prefers to wear wigs and mumus all the time now. He used to wear t shirts, jeans and pork pie hats. He's a 6'2" dude. The lockdown has made people act crazy.

Aquaria has always been woke and gender non specific - why not? But he posts his boy picks wearing nothing but jocks and thongs all the time. SEXY bitch.

Miss Fame is completely a girl at this point. Lovely person. Supermodel. Lives in Europe. Delusional.

Kennedy Davenport, Manila, Latrice, Raven and so many others are into and married to men. GAY.

by Anonymousreply 361January 29, 2021 8:05 AM

tl;dr - anything for attention. And they are all men.

by Anonymousreply 362January 29, 2021 8:18 AM

What kind of ancient loser who got the internet the day it was invented....still posts - "Too long, didn't read" as some kind of put down? That's teenage girl talk from 1992. I was 9. know who you are R362. Everyone here does. How sad that intelligence, insight, acceptance and relative youth threatens you. What a fat old fuck white weirdo you are R362. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 363January 29, 2021 8:26 AM

I had no idea they were doing Drag Race in NZ - it's going to be shit. I am shocked that the people interviewed in the article are going on about what a big deal drag kings are over here - they're not. I suspect the T part of LGBT has been in the producers ear.

by Anonymousreply 364January 29, 2021 9:14 AM

R355, To be fair there's always been women participating on the show from the very beginning, when they had to do a "family resemblance" challenge or the time when they had to make over butch women, and also on the judging panel. I never had a problem with that, but them wanting to compete as actual drag queens and demanding a place on the show is a definite no for me.

by Anonymousreply 365January 29, 2021 4:50 PM

R356, I never cared for Bob either, he's such an angry unfunny bore, wasn't he dating a white guy and complaining about how terrible white men are, and now he's dating Ellen Page, a white woman??? LOL ..... colour me shocked.

by Anonymousreply 366January 29, 2021 4:57 PM

Ginny Lemon from drag race uk season 2 just came out as nonbinary, he said he didn't know if he was a man or woman and the reason he wears yellow is to represent nonbinary, apparently YELLOW is the colour of nonbinary now....

You know I would really like to see just one beloved RDR drag queen denounce all this BS, just one. These pan/queer nonbinary tranny chasers are really sucking all the fun out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 367January 29, 2021 5:07 PM

That article says to truly represent the scene in NZ then they need Drag Kings. The show isnt going to change the fact that it's always been a competition for drag queens and it shouldnt no matter how big women dressing as men is. Also drag kings arent as fabulous as drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 368January 29, 2021 5:26 PM

R363 Triggered much? What a baby.

Drag Kings are big in Wellington, which is the woke capital of the world. The rest of the country rolls their eyes...

by Anonymousreply 369January 29, 2021 5:51 PM

“Kandy is your first big gurl WINNER”

Winner of what R353, a ham hock eating contest?

by Anonymousreply 370January 29, 2021 5:59 PM

R366 He's actually still dating BOTH of them, he's polyamorous. 🙄

I only know this because I listen to Sibling Rivalry sometimes, sue me.

Sometimes Bob makes me laugh, but he's also exhausting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 29, 2021 6:42 PM

R371 He seemed very uncomfortable on the HBO show when he had to care. Or pretend to care about the people they were dragging up. I wondered why he bothered to do the show when he obviously had no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 372January 29, 2021 7:09 PM

Yeah, I don't think he seemed very engaged. Eurkea did a surprisingly good job on that show with the people he (she? I feel like Eurkea is non-binary or something?) made over. Despite being annoying, I think Eurkea has a good heart.

by Anonymousreply 373January 29, 2021 7:12 PM

I watched the first few minutes, that was enough for me. The trans one sounds like a typical valley girl, she also seems to be a bit "slow". So she now wants to have kids, and dozen of them, but has already sterilized herself? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 374January 29, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]Honey, you're a man who is over 6 feet tall doing drag for a living

Ooh, surprise! Someone who's constantly teetering between male and female drag considers themselves non-binary. No shit. I don't get y'all's obsession with how these DRAG QUEENS identify themselves. The lines blur when you spend half you time in one gender and half in the other. Again, no shit! Move on and let people identify themselves any way they want to. It doesn't concern you.

by Anonymousreply 375January 29, 2021 7:47 PM

^ Can they all stop telling us constantly about their fucking boring identities. It does not concern us, we do not care, shut the fuck up you boring cuntless wonders.

by Anonymousreply 376January 29, 2021 8:04 PM

spiolers ahaed

thought symone was w mik and utica

other than that, im cool

by Anonymousreply 377January 30, 2021 2:35 AM

Fat Vanjie is getting to be too much.

by Anonymousreply 378January 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Did the breastless women go?

by Anonymousreply 379January 30, 2021 2:43 AM

She's in the Final Four, R379.

So's Fat Vangie.

WOW loves its irritating assholes and "controversial and brave" inclusiveness.

by Anonymousreply 380January 30, 2021 3:02 AM

[Quote] OMFG!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see Kandy Muse live at the club!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 381January 30, 2021 3:16 AM

I love Kandy saying, " once I get my look together for next week." She has never had it together so far this season? She's a total mess? How does someone this messy make it through the season?

by Anonymousreply 382January 30, 2021 3:19 AM

I want to not hate Fat Vanjie but she’s making it really hard. The real Vanjie at least has the ability to make fun of herself and she’s charming. Fat Vanjie? No.

by Anonymousreply 383January 30, 2021 3:24 AM

Fat Vanjie is one of the most delusional queens to ever be on the show. Her talent is being loud. That's it. Her look is terrible but worst it's boring.

by Anonymousreply 384January 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Kandy reminds me of drag queens I know who proclaim "drama is just part of drag" as a way to excuse their own shitty behaviour.

Also, why has thread devolved into another "ewwww, trans!" bitchfest? Some of y'all need to find a hill and get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 385January 30, 2021 3:32 AM

Had a feeling Gottmik was going to win the ball challenge.... As I predicted back at R325, she's (yeah yeah, feel free to freak out over the pronoun) going to be around for awhile.

I also predicted at R281 that the Powers That Be are keeping Kandy away from the bottom for as long as possible, and her being safe tonight proved that.

Well, at least Joey no longer has to worry about Kandy chasing after him in the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 386January 30, 2021 3:38 AM

Kandy might stay for the drama but the producers are killing her career after Drag Race. No sane people will be her fan.

by Anonymousreply 387January 30, 2021 3:54 AM

..she had fans before?

by Anonymousreply 388January 30, 2021 4:10 AM

Please spoil the final four.

by Anonymousreply 389January 30, 2021 4:14 AM

top 5: LOOK AWAY

Rosé, Kandy, Olivia, Symone, Mik

by Anonymousreply 390January 30, 2021 4:17 AM

if that's true, r390 then it's , Symone's to lose.

by Anonymousreply 391January 30, 2021 4:37 AM

I hate Fat Vanjie

by Anonymousreply 392January 30, 2021 4:43 AM

I can't bear to watch Untucked anymore due to Kandy never shutting up. Did she bray about how she should have been in the top? I was dying when she was dragging Joey for her taste level. Gurl, do you not have a mirror?

by Anonymousreply 393January 30, 2021 4:51 AM

I'm surprised Mik is in the top 5. Maybe there will be improvement as the season goes along, I haven't seen anything special yet, just a lot of hyper energy. Rose is my favorite, followed by Kandy, then Symone. "Fac...treh."

by Anonymousreply 394January 30, 2021 4:53 AM

No way Porkjie is gaining fans from the show.

by Anonymousreply 395January 30, 2021 5:03 AM

Kandy’s pure delusion entertains me.

by Anonymousreply 396January 30, 2021 5:15 AM

Olivia deserved to be in the top this week. Though Rose is growing on me. Utica is just too....fill in the blank. I think Michele nailed it. He camps it up too much to compensate for his lack of beauty. Too many bizarre postures and faces. But he seems sweet.

Gottmik deserved the win. I don't see who else should have taken it? LaLa Ri won't be around much longer. He's not very bright. But bitch is a great performer. That was a tough ass lip sync and he was every kind of inventive with it.

Symone can't win everything. Her looks this week were not the best. But I could watch that one all day long. He's a STAR. I hope she wins when it counts. Give her the damn durag crown!!

Whoever spoiled the top 5: fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 397January 30, 2021 6:25 AM

I hate Kandy. I hate Kandy. She is arrogant! And ugly. And loud. And completely delusional. I want to punch her in that fat ugly face. Maybe it will cure her annoying lisp.

by Anonymousreply 398January 30, 2021 6:30 AM

I may be in love with Symone. I told you he was gonna give us Diana Ross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 30, 2021 6:44 AM

Imagine choosing an Iggy song for a lip-sync and not going for Bounce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 30, 2021 8:51 AM

It was very eye opening seeing the difference between what some of these girls bought and what they made. Utica deserved the win that outfit belongs in Paris. Mik should have been bottom for something that had barely more effort than Lala's. But of course she's never survive in a lip sync against assassins like Lala and Denali. The fix was in when Utica got the meaningless critique of being too campy. Construction, vision, style Utica was perfection. Gottmik is riding on producer favoritism but she's the audience surrogate for teenage girls with dreams of drag race so she's set for life.

by Anonymousreply 401January 30, 2021 8:51 AM

Utica was perfection and the grace she had when taking 2nd place was admirable. The craftsman ship on the 1st and 3rd outfits were amazing!

by Anonymousreply 402January 30, 2021 8:59 AM

Utica looked stunning. Gotmilk had no tits and got a pass....an actual drag queen never gets away with that.

by Anonymousreply 403January 30, 2021 9:06 AM

Loved that Kandy fucker being put in her place. You think you should win?

by Anonymousreply 404January 30, 2021 10:36 AM

Right R383..I'm also trying but she's obnoxious. Poor Joey - RUNNNN!

by Anonymousreply 405January 30, 2021 10:40 AM

Anyone else think that RuPaul might just be a bit racist? When he pits a white against a black, the black always wins. Last night was the perfect example. Joey J should have won that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 406January 30, 2021 10:56 AM

[quote]Right [R383]..I'm also trying but she's obnoxious. Poor Joey - RUNNNN!

And FAST!

by Anonymousreply 407January 30, 2021 11:10 AM

You're a fucking [bold]CUNT[/bold] R390 for posting that spoiler in this thread.

Fuck you for ruining it for the rest of us. I hate your guts.

by Anonymousreply 408January 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Happens every thread.

by Anonymousreply 409January 30, 2021 11:23 AM

Yep.

Every single season some cunt has to post spoilers in the thread. Who knows, might be the same cunt. But I've never seen DL make it through a drag race season without spoilers being littered all over the thread. It is annoying as hell, but the poster clearly doesn't care if other people don't want spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 410January 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Yeah R409 & R410 - only a total cuntflap would ruin it for everybody else.

I'd like to watch R390 be mercilessly beaten with heavy Drag Queen's platform shoes while dissolving in a grease fire for doing that.

FUCK OFF & DIE R390!

by Anonymousreply 411January 30, 2021 11:30 AM

You can be loud, you can be arrogant, you can be fat, you can be shitty at drag, but you cannot be dumb. Kandy is fucking dumb. I hate her and she has to go.

by Anonymousreply 412January 30, 2021 11:44 AM

Does anybody like Kandy? She needs to stopping saying "bitch".

by Anonymousreply 413January 30, 2021 12:20 PM

They have to keep her until top four, R394, or the trans brigade will be outraged. As for Mik winning, well, I can still hear Ru screaming "over my dead body" from the WOW offices. But who knows.

There will also be a very fabulous, very loved trans queen featured in All Stars 6. I won't serve any spoilers about how she does.

by Anonymousreply 414January 30, 2021 12:53 PM

Oh, and I'm not R390 or R380, so please don't come for me.

by Anonymousreply 415January 30, 2021 12:59 PM

R403 Can you IMAGINE the clusterfuck that would ensue if Michelle or Ru told Mik to pad? I was wondering about that during the episode. Just this week on Drag Race UK Ru told Ginny Lemon on RPDR UK to pad and become "sexier," but somehow I don't see that happening with Gottmik. (And to be fair Ginny and Gottmik are on on entirely different drag wavelengths, so they're not a great comparison.)

However, I don't recall Aquaria or Violet not padding (most of the time) and Vanjie not wearing a ton of padding, or at least going out with a flat chest more than most queens. Gigi Goode didn't pad most of the time, either.... did she? So, her lack of padding isn't entirely unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 416January 30, 2021 1:14 PM

R406 Nah, La La Ri won that lip sync. I forgot Joey was even in the room.

I also rolled my eyes at Joey Jay being like "I'm fucking GAY, I am going to WIN this lipsync." Honey, you're competing against other drag queens... you're all gay as fuck. It doesn't make you special there.

by Anonymousreply 417January 30, 2021 1:16 PM

Oh, R416, Ginny Lemon is just... tragic.

by Anonymousreply 418January 30, 2021 1:17 PM

It's a travesty that big Utica didn't win. Her sleeping bag dress was amazing. The winner didn't even bother to add tits to her outfit.

by Anonymousreply 419January 30, 2021 1:17 PM

R418 Ru asking Ginny to be sexier was a bit like trying to get blood from a stone. Let a weird queen be weird!

by Anonymousreply 420January 30, 2021 1:19 PM

I’m guessing Ru wanted to see if Ginny has some range. She kind of comes off more of a clown than drag.

by Anonymousreply 421January 30, 2021 1:23 PM

Elliott is a bit smug

by Anonymousreply 422January 30, 2021 1:26 PM

[Quote]Joey J should have won that lip sync.

What? You must be joking r406, Lala definitely won that, it wasn't even close.

by Anonymousreply 423January 30, 2021 1:36 PM

Elliott is just not likable or interesting to me, won't be sad to see them leave r422.

by Anonymousreply 424January 30, 2021 1:37 PM

[Quote]I also rolled my eyes at Joey Jay being like "I'm fucking GAY, I am going to WIN this lipsync." Honey, you're competing against other drag queens... you're all gay as fuck. It doesn't make you special there.

Preach. Joey Jay is so basic he thinks being gay is a personality. Sweetie, you are all faggots.

At least he is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 425January 30, 2021 1:45 PM

I can't stand Kandy. She is one of the worst, is constantly flapping her jowls and taking up camera time.

Girl... SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 426January 30, 2021 2:44 PM

I'm not that keen on Elliott either, however Kandy lecturing her on self-awareness was hilarious. Pot, kettle.

by Anonymousreply 427January 30, 2021 3:00 PM

one of utica's outfits was sharon needles's poodle runway outfit. it was done.

mik's outfits were more interesting overall, even if utica's last outfit was better than mik's last outfit.

by Anonymousreply 428January 30, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote]Anyone else think that RuPaul might just be a bit racist?

For most of the show's run they've been saying that Ru doesn't like black queens, so which is it? If Ru has any bias, I truly think it's the transitioning queens and I'm sure she had to be dragged into the Mik thing.

Quite frankly, I think every season there are at least three queens who Ru favors, or she gravitates towards. One queen who makes him laugh. One queen who he thinks is truly talented. And one who reminds him of himself when he was that age. The rest are all just there.

by Anonymousreply 429January 30, 2021 3:40 PM

It’s like every other *reality* show out there like this - the producers know who’s going to win right from the start.

by Anonymousreply 430January 30, 2021 3:42 PM

Queens not padding, when they're *not* going for an androgynous look, is a pet peeve of mine. Especially breasts - not asking for a full-on breastplate, but some chicken cutlets would help in creating that female illusion.

But last week or the week before, I noticed that Gottmik was coming out to the runway completely flat-chested, and resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be a constant throughout the season. The real boobs didn't get sliced off just so some fake ones can get added on for a runway look, and Lord help anyone that asks Gottmik to pad, as they'll feel all the wrath of Twitter and Reddit. Wonder if a guest judge will slip up (and if they'll air it).

by Anonymousreply 431January 30, 2021 3:57 PM

Why was Kandy NOT in the bottom? And I thought Joey Jay was much better in the lip sync, not only for the actual performance but at least his outfit didn’t start falling apart during it.

by Anonymousreply 432January 30, 2021 4:12 PM

Mik's look is clearly about androgyny, so who cares if there's no padding? Shoot, we had Naomi Smalls trying to pull off femme looks all through season 8 with a completely flat boychest & she made it to the top 4. Padding is incidental compared to other factors.

by Anonymousreply 433January 30, 2021 4:20 PM

Kandy and La La should have been the bottom queens. What Ru sees in Kandy is a mystery. Unless she is there for the drama.

I would have given the win to Utica for that sleeping bag look alone. It was sublime. I was not that impressed with Gottmik's crystal pinstriped suit. The fringe ruined the shape of it.

by Anonymousreply 434January 30, 2021 4:24 PM

LOL at Kandy telling someone else they need to be more self aware. Was there some very strange editing during the rest of the backstage segments? Tina claimed she didn’t know how they went from talking about the top and bottom looks to Kandy’s scream match about her arrogance. It was the result of a direct question. It was asked “what critiques would the safe queens give to each other”. Kandy had words for Eliott then Tanisha (sp?) commented about Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 435January 30, 2021 4:31 PM

Lots of past queens didn't pad and in the beginning they were called out on it. That was the discussion in Season 7 between the "OLD" queens and the young ones. Violet, Pearl and Max seldom padded. Violet would depending on her outfit, but only a little breast padding.

Aquaria won many runways and the crown without padding, and Naomi smalls was all legs and ass- never any tits or hips. Made top 4 in her season and in All Stars.

Hell, Raja seldom padded - way back in season 3 his entrance look comes to mind. No padding, not much makeup and just a flat wig in a chignon. He's always been a gender bender. I can't stand him, though not for that reason.

To my eyes, if you're going to put on a wig, a full on feminine face of makeup and wear a gown - why not pad to complete to illusion? I know the answer. But Gottmik is nowhere near the first contestant not to pad. It's not the deal here.

We saw Naomi's, Pearls and Aquaria's flat boy chests all the time. Same with Vangie. Even the awful Milk seldom padded.

by Anonymousreply 436January 30, 2021 4:32 PM

Padding matters only when it matters to the producers who are trying to find reasons why someone needs to go home. I don't know shit, but I'm guessing that the producers decide that "X" queen is going home this week and then they have to come up with a bunch of reasons why that queen has to go home and they give those reasons to the judges and the judges do the rest. That's why I think sometimes the judges are all over the place and inconsistent week to week. Then they do the rest with editing and NDAs.

by Anonymousreply 437January 30, 2021 4:32 PM

Exactly R432 - Kandy's looks were all terrible and her "magic" was shaky as hell. Her "advice" to Elliott is ridiculous and her outrage at Iman was just "acting out."

Her delusion is off the charts.

Michelle is correct that Utica's mugging hurts her looks. She keeps saying she is "Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball" - but the poor thing is so homely nothing she does replicates those two women.

Kandy STFU - we can't understand anything you say anyway so save your rancid breath.

by Anonymousreply 438January 30, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]Why was Kandy NOT in the bottom?

Because she gives good show. Every season we go through this, you guys hate the one who is actually putting on a show.

by Anonymousreply 439January 30, 2021 4:35 PM

Kandy is putting on a show I'm not interested in watching. And I bet a lot of viewers feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 440January 30, 2021 4:43 PM

R429 Hit the nail on the head. I never heard it that way before but it it totally true.

S2 has Tyra, who Ru saw himself in. Raven who was talented. And Juju who he found hilarious. S4 had it with Sharon, Chad and Latrice. It isn’t always these types who get to the finals, but they usually do.

Rupaul may be a glamazon now, but he still views himself as he was in his youth: a punk rock, gender fuck, fashion queen. Thats why Aquaria won over Eureka, Yvie over Brooklyn, ect.

by Anonymousreply 441January 30, 2021 4:44 PM

Nothing compares to Seasons 4, 5 and 6.

by Anonymousreply 442January 30, 2021 4:44 PM

LOL R439 thanks for posting Kandy Moose. You're right - if you mean SHIT show.

by Anonymousreply 443January 30, 2021 4:51 PM

^ I would add S3 to the above.

by Anonymousreply 444January 30, 2021 4:53 PM

It's not a coincidence Tina and Mik are friends with Kandy. Negative attracts negative. Just like the past cunt mean girls like the Heathers and Rolaskatox. I guess Mik really is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 445January 30, 2021 5:04 PM

I would add All Stats 2 to that list r442. I put it as one of the best seasons.

by Anonymousreply 446January 30, 2021 5:12 PM

Everyone seems to love season 6, but I've never been a big fan of that season for some reason. It's FINE, certainly not *bad.*

by Anonymousreply 447January 30, 2021 5:59 PM

This season is just....I am not sure who is meant to be talented or likeable. They all seem self obsessed but with little to offer.

And Kandy is just a fat, useless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 448January 30, 2021 6:01 PM

I think this season is a bit lackluster - Season 12 was one of the best in years. But Rose shows promise and Symone is a STAR. Nothing that one can't do. Olivia is very beautiful and Tina Burner is just okay. Denali, LaLa, Gottmik and Ithaca are former bottom half contestants. Kandy is an eye and ear sore. Say what you want about Silky - she had some brains and talent. Joey really was the worst at everything this season. Kamala's Dragon Train gown is maybe the most beautiful garment ever seen on Drag Race. I would prefer she had more time to show off her fucking clothes! The fact that Tina auditioned so many times, tells us she's below Nina West, Alexis Michelle and Sherry Pie for her type. How does Mrs. Kasha Davis make a living? Tina did well in New York I guess, but she's 39 and has auditioned most every season. He creeps me out a bit.

Symone would be a stand out on any season of Drag Race. He's funny, a good actress, a supermodel body with campy swag drag sensibility. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He sends himself up, which is always attractive in such a polished performer. There's just a bit of Yvie Oddly in him, but the good parts. That louche kind of vibe. And for once - Symone already lives in L.A. and knows how to impersonate Diana Ross and Dixie Carter. No sad stories and no back swamp lack of sophistication. He glows. But he's from the street. His meet the Queens look was everything. He's a gorgeous weirdo. Only really gorgeous in drag - but that IS the gig. Have you seen RuPaul?

by Anonymousreply 449January 30, 2021 6:40 PM

I agree with those saying Silky was loud but she's smart and caring in her own way. Kandy is loud, hateful and cunty for no real reason. She's has no talent or look. Kandy will end up being one of the most despised queens ever on the show. She deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 450January 30, 2021 8:09 PM

Gottmik is ruining this show for me...I can feel Ru’s annoyance that he was forced to cast him due to all the trans backlash he got recently. Gottmik is not unique or interesting or talented or funny...he’s going to skate through most of the competition for fear of cancellation by the teenage girls this show caters to now. I’m waiting for rupaul to start including biological and cisgender women to complete.

by Anonymousreply 451January 30, 2021 8:13 PM

Kandy tried to get on for several years before this season, and there's plenty of tea online about what a cunt she is. Now she's dealing with fans harassing her mom.

by Anonymousreply 452January 30, 2021 8:15 PM

Why does Kandy think she's so great? Two other queens in her house were picked over her? If she was so awesome she would had been picked first.

by Anonymousreply 453January 30, 2021 8:20 PM

I just watched. Utica should have won that! Fuck the judges

by Anonymousreply 454January 30, 2021 8:41 PM

Agreed. Utica doesn't mug anymore than Gottmik. That criticism was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 455January 30, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote]Now she's dealing with fans harassing her mom.

I don't like Kandy, but this is irritating. So many of the RPDR fanbase need to find something constructive to do.

by Anonymousreply 456January 30, 2021 8:56 PM

I believe that Kandy's mom is being harassed as much as I believe Brita's claim that her life was threatened.

by Anonymousreply 457January 30, 2021 8:57 PM

Kandy is obnoxious and was fully aware cameras were rolling when she behaved as she did.

And who poked the “ancient...” troll?

by Anonymousreply 458January 30, 2021 10:26 PM

This show was so exciting and fresh in the beginning but cancel it already. It’s become stale. All of the contestants share one personality. None of them have had any real talent in years.

by Anonymousreply 459January 30, 2021 10:35 PM

Who revived miss warwicke? That racist old white man is banned. Symone ain't about to pay tribute to Dione because nobody knows who she is & no drag queen wants to look that ugly.

The Boss, Diana Ross! Symone is your winner baby.

by Anonymousreply 460January 31, 2021 12:28 AM

Where is she r460? Which post?

by Anonymousreply 461January 31, 2021 1:25 AM

LOL! World of wonder are coming for all the people hating on Kanjie on FB and IG. Kanjie deserves all the fucking hate. She's a total fucking ASSHOLE! And I don't believe a word she's saying about her Mom getting harassed. Show me the proof!

by Anonymousreply 462January 31, 2021 1:34 AM

Same here 447. I just wasn’t a huge fan of Bianca. I hated Adore. And Courtney was a bit boring. Dela annoys me. Honestly my fav that season was Joslyn Foxx which shows how bad that season was.

But I think season 6 was the last season to really feature all original drag queens. From season 7 and on a lot of the queens only got into drag BECAUSE of drag race, and the quality suffered as a result.

Season 3 was the best. Best challenges. Best queens. Best drama.

by Anonymousreply 463January 31, 2021 1:35 AM

The looks we're a joke. That glued bag fiasco was maybe the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 464January 31, 2021 1:53 AM

Fat Vangie grates me the more I see him. That moment that Kamisha was confronting him about saying he only had one person as competition he showed his true face. He went all sulky and shifty eyed. That is a man who has tragically low self esteem and vampires off of other's shine (Symone in this instance)

by Anonymousreply 465January 31, 2021 1:57 AM

Great review. It starts at 25:30. great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 31, 2021 2:02 AM

thanks for that r466!

Utica and Symone are my favorites. I know everyone does not like Utica but I don't get why (and that's ok). I also want Kamisha to be den mother for every season going forward.

by Anonymousreply 467January 31, 2021 2:17 AM

Matty Rants is nauseating. He always champions the wrong cause. He embarrassed himself at Dragcon, pretending to know all the queens. Can't stand his cheap opinions. He's ripped off a lot of people - begging for money to keep up his "reporting." That bitch needs to take his seat back behind the drive through window, where he belongs. Who on Datalounge would post his recap or reviews? There are hundreds of commentators who do it better.

by Anonymousreply 468January 31, 2021 2:40 AM

[Quote]But I think season 6 was the last season to really feature all original drag queens. From season 7 and on a lot of the queens only got into drag BECAUSE of drag race,

This is a crucial difference. Before it featured real working drag queens who were scrappy outsiders of society trying to make it.

Now it features people who got into drag because they are hoping to be contestants on an internationally popular show.

by Anonymousreply 469January 31, 2021 2:43 AM

R460 is that same fat old homeless shelter loon who wants to kill "white fags." DL has deleted many of its posts over the years. So tedious when she invents things about us fucking legends.

BUT in this one case the offensive creature is correct. Somehow its tertiary syphilis managed to recognize that the one fine performer in the season is Symone, whose only failing is not being able to create her own looks on the fly. But the style, humor and, true-to-the-hood, gorgeous looks she usually has shown sets her apart. When Rosé, "Fat Vangie and the I'm-a-man-who-was-a-biological-woman-who-now-is-competing-by-looking-like-a-biological-woman contestant are up against her, Symone should win.

But these boys need some hair. Was there a head lice epidemic this season? I got a fix for that, but kerosene is hard to find nowadays.

Something no-fuss like my lightly singed creme brulee short stuff look would improve any of their looks.

Here is Coco Montrese doing me. So sweet. Not orange at all. I only made her pay me $50 for the privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 31, 2021 2:59 AM

^ too easy. Just say Beetlejuice and that old white racist man who signs off as that ugly non singing miss warwicke will appear! Because it's always here. Posting under other guises and voices. Lurking and stinking up this place. Miss warwicke was banned from starting threads on DL. But HE still posts HATE and injects new scat scenARIOS whenever it can - from the comfort of an asylum. Obsessed with and smelling like SHIT. Yes, Miss Warwick is THE scat troll. I don't advocate killing anyone. You're exactly where you need to be R470. Enjoy the pudding.

by Anonymousreply 471January 31, 2021 3:32 AM

OMG R214, R215. Mimi Imfurst is fucking Brendan! When I lived in NYC (2005 I think) I worked at an east side gay bar and Brendan worked the door at the Wednesday night drag night the bar hosted. I think the drag queen who always performed was named Porsche or something. I just remember she could really, really sing. Anyway, I think Brendan/Mimi was still in college and he was dipping his toe in drag. I could NOT stand him. Or her.

Wow. Takes me back...

by Anonymousreply 472January 31, 2021 3:40 AM

Oops. Meant R314, R315...

by Anonymousreply 473January 31, 2021 3:41 AM

Utica was robbed. She deserved the win. Gotmilk (or whatever) actually doesn't bother me. I kinda like her. But she comes across like the younger sibling who hangs out with her older sibling's friends from time to time and therefore tries to be more "cool" than she really is.

by Anonymousreply 474January 31, 2021 3:55 AM

Yeah she kinda comes across like she has no idea how to behave and is kinda uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 475January 31, 2021 5:32 AM

If World of Wonder is defending Kandy, that would confirm that the obnoxious mess goes far in the competition and they're trying to defend the investment they made in keeping that slob around.

by Anonymousreply 476January 31, 2021 5:32 AM

Watch The PItt Stop with the Divine Supreme Winner, Violet Chachki and your fashion icon....Trixie Mattel. They are not protecting Kandy Muse. Violet reminds me of myself. Perfect looking, with no time for fools. Hilarious and generous, but she won't lie. Never defend yourself or apologize - just expand on your confident opinions when required.

[quote]She's bothered, she's insecure and she's delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 31, 2021 5:49 AM

Sorry WOW, you can’t edit every season so that one loudmouth you know everyone will hate watch receives a disproportionate amount of screen time, then act shocked when people hate them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478January 31, 2021 6:22 AM

You poured gas on the fire, don’t act shocked when it catches on fire.

Kandy brings nothing to the competition, yet it seems she’ll be shoved down our throats until the bitter end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 31, 2021 6:24 AM

Ooops, “gas on the house”

-r479 desperately in need of an edit feature

by Anonymousreply 480January 31, 2021 6:27 AM

[quote]They have to keep her until top four, [R394], or the trans brigade will be outraged.

If Mik doesn't win, it will be LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 481January 31, 2021 7:20 AM

Kandy needs to be medicated.

by Anonymousreply 482January 31, 2021 7:41 AM

I liked Mikk's three looks, especially the moneybags suit. It really is beautiful. However, this is about more than looks for me and whilst I like Mikk she's not a winner for me. Symone is the one. I like Utica, also.

by Anonymousreply 483January 31, 2021 11:16 AM

I, too, wish Utica would stop the clowning every once in a while, and stop making faces on the runway. She can look very striking if she went in that direction, and it would be a game changer if she would just try a glamourous look one week.

by Anonymousreply 484January 31, 2021 11:53 AM

Reading Kandy’s Twitter feed is the worsts. She’s being attacked and bullied, which is wrong, but now a bunch of other Ru girls are coming to her defense, so of course Kandy thinks she was in the right. Bad behavior rewarded and reinforced.

by Anonymousreply 485January 31, 2021 12:07 PM

R483 Once I got past my initial aversion, I can admit Mik has talent. But that is it. I guess you can also argue that as a transman drag queen she is Unique, but her drag personality isn’t at all. She is serving the kinds of looks which are cool, but are just typical drag race designer. She has good looks but she bought them all. And the clothes wear her. I think Tina Burner has an ugly taste in fashion but at least she has a vision.

And Mik has no charisma. Nothing about her draws me in. Nothing about her makes me want to watch.

I used to think the CUNT thing was just a running gag but it really is a good metric for what a good Drag Queen needs.

by Anonymousreply 486January 31, 2021 12:15 PM

R480 Over Ru's dead body. Gottmik is NOT going to win. There is no way.

by Anonymousreply 487January 31, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote] Thats why Aquaria won over Eureka

Also because Eureka has zero talent.

by Anonymousreply 488January 31, 2021 3:05 PM

If Mik wins it is one of two things, Ru is trying to rehab his image on this subject or he no longer gives a fuck and is just letting the WOW producers control the show and he's fine as long as the checks are clearing.

by Anonymousreply 489January 31, 2021 3:10 PM

Poor Kandy Moose - being called out for arrogant no talent bitch she is.

She deserves all she gets and more.

Learn to do your makeup. There must be some way to paint so that your face doesn't look so squashed....she reminds me of those faces you can make with your hand - only uglier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 31, 2021 3:14 PM

I think it's strange that people think Ru defers so much to the "godly" producers of the show. RU. IS. A. PRODUCER! Where is the idea that Ru is a puppet coming from.

by Anonymousreply 491January 31, 2021 3:28 PM

I think Utica could really pull of the 50's Dovima-type model look if she chooses not to clown- she certainly has the body and posture for it. I would so wear that sleeping bag gown/jacket.

KandyMoose was even WORSE on Untucked.

And as far as DRUK, Ginny Lemon's best hope for being sexy is going Jimbo the Drag Clown route. She also reminds me of Elton John for some reason- should do him for Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 492January 31, 2021 3:36 PM

HA r492! I get Elton John too!

by Anonymousreply 493January 31, 2021 3:45 PM

Why does WOW think they can dictate they we love all the queens? That's just insane.

by Anonymousreply 494January 31, 2021 3:46 PM

Gottdik

by Anonymousreply 495January 31, 2021 3:49 PM

Agree with Ru and R484. Utica doesn't need to camp it up as much. Tone down the mugging for the camera and let 'em enjoy the clothes a bit.

by Anonymousreply 496January 31, 2021 3:55 PM

Tina Burner is getting dragged on twitter for always coming out in red and yellow. She needs to step up the looks.

by Anonymousreply 497January 31, 2021 3:57 PM

Actually r495, its Dontgotdik, or Anita Dick

by Anonymousreply 498January 31, 2021 4:00 PM

I also agreed with Ru's criticism about Utica, her behavior on the runway hurt her looks. I could see why she wanted to give the win to Gorttmik instead. A lot of a ball is how you model the look, not just the clothes themselves.

by Anonymousreply 499January 31, 2021 4:24 PM

I think they should handicap Mik because she doesn't have to tuck (I don't know how long it takes, but I'm sure it's at least 15 minutes). That used to be a big factor in judging. If someone else wore her last outfit, they sure would be commenting on how well/badly they did it.

by Anonymousreply 500January 31, 2021 5:27 PM

R500, you must be hung like a stallion if it takes you 15 minutes to tuck.

by Anonymousreply 501January 31, 2021 5:31 PM

R500 does raise a good point though, if Mik had a dick wearing that outfit would have required a perfect tuck. She of course doesn't have to consider that.

by Anonymousreply 502January 31, 2021 5:36 PM

I want to see the receipts of Kanjie's Mom being threatened? Kanjie is trying to get sympathy for the bullshit SHE STARTED! VERY manipulative of her. People like Kanjie lie all the time to get their way. I could give a fuck if she's getting bullied or shamed online. SHE SHOULD BE!!!!!! She's a loudmouth bully.

by Anonymousreply 503January 31, 2021 5:47 PM

I do think it's strange that we still haven't had an openly trans MTF contestant ON the show prior to having a FTM contestant. Sure, plenty of the queens have come out as trans (Jiggly, Carmen "Weesh Nose" Carrera, Peppermint, Sonique, etc.). I remember reading that the show used to make them quit taking hormones, or at least, "present" more male while competing. Jiggly was able to keep taking hormones because she pretended they were her insulin injections. Okay, I guess Gia Gunn could count because she competed after her transition on All Stars 4, but still...

Yet Gottmik can just waltz on the show? I dunno. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 504January 31, 2021 5:49 PM

Peppermint was openly trans when she came onto Season 9 r504. They knew that when they cast her.

by Anonymousreply 505January 31, 2021 5:56 PM

Was she? For some reason I thought that she had to "pause" her transition to be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 506January 31, 2021 5:58 PM

Mik is pretty well known in the drag community and probably had some pull- she's done Willam's, James St. James', and lord knows what other queen's makeup. I think I remember her mentioning she used to assist Mathu when she did Willam's Smurf makeup.

by Anonymousreply 507January 31, 2021 6:03 PM

The thing is Milk just seems to be a woman play acting badly, there is nothing male about her. And if they thought putting a trans man on would help gay men accept them as gay men, they are failing miserably.

by Anonymousreply 508January 31, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote]I think it's strange that people think Ru defers so much to the "godly" producers of the show. RU. IS. A. PRODUCER! Where is the idea that Ru is a puppet coming from.

I realize that Ru is a producer, but I think at some point, probably after the last attempt to cancel him or when he realized that this thing that at one point he loved and made him famous has been taken over by people who just don't get what drag is supposed to be about. I've seen the posts on social media where 15-20 years old are posting that Ru doesn't understand drag and that he is old, out of touch, racist and everything else under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 509January 31, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]you must be hung like a stallion if it takes you 15 minutes to tuck.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 510January 31, 2021 6:31 PM

R491, he said so himself.

That when this show went mainstream it would mean he sold out.

You think he has the same amount of control as before? Are you really that naive? He sold the show to VH1. He gave over control and instead gets paid like hell.

Since the show went to VH1 that’s when it changed the most. Gone were the funny trashy queens and the young talentless fashion queens became the most popular.

When one of these big media companies buy you, you sell out and become controlled by them. That’s how it works.

by Anonymousreply 511January 31, 2021 6:48 PM

I’m new to the show, and a lot does seem to be about trans and not drag. They’re two separate things.

by Anonymousreply 512January 31, 2021 6:49 PM

If you watch one of the early seasons of the show, just the way the language has changed and the way the queens interact is vastly different. This current show really is polished up for middle America.

by Anonymousreply 513January 31, 2021 7:03 PM

Give me a break! WOW on IG are really trolling the fans. They are justifying Kandy Abuse and her shit behavior.

FYI Kandy, where are the receipt of your Mom's alleged threats?

by Anonymousreply 514January 31, 2021 7:39 PM

Jst upi jlwppui sjlou dslse fr tral, mother fucker!

by Anonymousreply 515January 31, 2021 8:18 PM

All this drama over being called "arrogant," out of ALL the things to be called. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 516January 31, 2021 8:35 PM

The truth hurts, r516. She can't take the truth.

Cancel her.

by Anonymousreply 517January 31, 2021 8:39 PM

Don't you have to be important on some level to be canceled?

by Anonymousreply 518January 31, 2021 8:44 PM

Shame on you R515! The poor walrus only has three teeth.

🙀

by Anonymousreply 519January 31, 2021 8:47 PM

Good point, r518.

by Anonymousreply 520January 31, 2021 8:48 PM

Her real crimes are her drag, her makeup, her face, and her enunciation.

by Anonymousreply 521January 31, 2021 8:49 PM

Nina Bo'nina Brown has a point with this post... where was VH1 and WoW when other queens were being harrassed?

Who could forget the DEATH THREATS people had the nerve to send to the *Queen* of New York?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522January 31, 2021 8:54 PM

Oh. That smell.

Oh. I see.

Someone open a window and throw out the weasel with the bone in its nose.

by Anonymousreply 523January 31, 2021 9:30 PM

Utica is some Christer cult. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 524January 31, 2021 9:42 PM

Has anyone else noticed Rupaul now says "gentlemen, start out engines, and may the best DRAG QUEEN win!"? It used to be "may the best WOMAN win." Which makes a lot more sense.

Fucking woke Millennial scum.

by Anonymousreply 525January 31, 2021 9:47 PM

^^ugh start YOUR engines

by Anonymousreply 526January 31, 2021 9:47 PM

Actually, r525, she now says "RACERS, start your engines". You can thank the FTM for that.

by Anonymousreply 527January 31, 2021 10:00 PM

Ahhh didn't even catch the "racers" part of that! I was too bothered by replacing woman with drag queen

by Anonymousreply 528January 31, 2021 10:04 PM

Kandy, Tina and Mik are the means girls of this season. That's why they get along.

by Anonymousreply 529January 31, 2021 10:13 PM

I had to go back and listen to what he says. I guess it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but thanks for pointing that out. I'm still pissed that they had to get rid of She Mail.

by Anonymousreply 530January 31, 2021 10:14 PM

She-mail was a fun announcement, but no thanks to wheesh nose we'll never hear it on the show again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 31, 2021 10:42 PM

There's still good drag and some mighty fine talent on this show. Calm down old GAYS. Most people are not bothered by your shrivelled concerns.

[quote]I've seen the posts on social media where 15-20 years old are posting that Ru doesn't understand drag and that he is old, out of touch, racist and everything else under the sun.

Where's the lie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532February 1, 2021 12:10 AM

^ Pray tell, who is the fine talent?

by Anonymousreply 533February 1, 2021 12:13 AM

^Apparently it's Kandy Muse since WOW is taking such a strong stance defending her.

by Anonymousreply 534February 1, 2021 12:33 AM

Kandy Muse is obnoxious and unattractive. But the Silky hater is INSANE. Stop triple/quad posting in support of your own pathology. I beg you to get some help or remove yourself. You're such a fucking drone. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 535February 1, 2021 12:37 AM

I think Kennedy Davenport and Jasmine Masters deserve big fat apologies from WOW for staying silent while they were getting death threats for being nothing other than black pageant queens in a white twinkie season 7 cast.

by Anonymousreply 536February 1, 2021 1:00 AM

Where is the silky hater? What numbers? Silk was loud but I don't think she was mean at all? Maybe I'm missing something?

by Anonymousreply 537February 1, 2021 1:35 AM

^ Meh, I presumed that outburst was from Silky, who popped up on here awhile back. But then she became to fearful to return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538February 1, 2021 1:41 AM

^ You must be Miss Warwick.

by Anonymousreply 539February 1, 2021 1:47 AM

The Silky hater is also The Vixen hater and the current Kandy Muse obsessive. He types in CAPS! Some old fat white bitch that thinks he runs these threads. He always finds a queen of color to project psychotic amounts of hatred towards. (Monique Hart and Monet too) I can show you all his posts he's too boring to pay any mind. The fat old racist uses more than one device. Always deflects by supporting his own posts - immediately after. Very sick bitch. And not very insightful or smart, needless to say. He's a sad old queen. And a big fat DRAG! Not as attractive as Kandy. Never the two shall meet.

by Anonymousreply 540February 1, 2021 1:48 AM

r540, give us a post number? Who are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 541February 1, 2021 1:50 AM

R540 ...I think everyone hates The Vixen, no?

by Anonymousreply 542February 1, 2021 1:52 AM

I thought Denali’s dress was gorgeous. She is a Latina. I love her.

Kandy is a mean-ass bitch. She’s ugly inside and out. We latinas don’t want you, mean, over-reactive perra.

I love Utica as well but the poor thing is so thin!.

I still don’t see why Simone is all that. Bitch can’t sew.

The biggest transformation every week is that Vox person, Haven’t memorized her name.

Too bad Joey is gone, he was one of the cute ones.

by Anonymousreply 543February 1, 2021 1:56 AM

I'm r 216 at r538 link. I asked one question Vanjie's dick size. Silk never answered? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 544February 1, 2021 1:57 AM

R543 Olivia Lux. Woof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 1, 2021 2:00 AM

Yes! Thank you, R545. That transformation is amazing!. She’s very pretty, once transformed.

😬😬

by Anonymousreply 546February 1, 2021 2:12 AM

Olivia is a handsome guy and a beautiful queen. ^ This fat old white whale can never see the beauty in men of color. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 547February 1, 2021 2:17 AM

I'm sorry, but looking at any photo of Kandy Muse and I'm thinking "where's the glamor and style?" It would be something if she were presenting herself as a comedy queen or something but, by her own admission, she believes herself to be a glamour queen and it simply is not there - unless her stage presentations are greatly different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548February 1, 2021 3:29 AM

I wish Kandy would believe herself to be unable to speak.

by Anonymousreply 549February 1, 2021 3:34 AM

R549 What are the moustache pictures about? It looks like she ate Prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550February 1, 2021 3:41 AM

Most people are watching the show and ignoring Kandy. Right? Why be so obsessed with a bottom tier performer? Someone's hatred here is off the charts. Tina, who is 139 years old is just as disgusting running around the parking lot and acting out like a child in her hideous ketchup colored dress.

Tamisha is sad to me. He's so weak and washed up. I don't think that sick old man should take on Kandy. Kandy has youth, vitality and beauty on her side. There's lots of time for her to succeed as well as Vanjie or Ginger Minj. Tamisha is wore out. The bitch can barely walk or speak above a whisper. Kandy looks like a young Natalie Wood. She needs to work on her attitude a bit.

by Anonymousreply 551February 1, 2021 3:54 AM

Tamisha is wise and not washed up.

by Anonymousreply 552February 1, 2021 4:06 AM

R551 "Kandy looks like a young Natalie Wood."......will haunt me my entire days.

by Anonymousreply 553February 1, 2021 4:14 AM

"Kandy looks like a young Natalie Wood."

I'd say about a baker's dozen of Natalie Woods.

Or a couple of Natalies from The Facts of Life.

JK. I think Kandy's okay.

Gottmik is super cute as a boy and has great looks.

Lala Ri, Olivia Lux, and Rose are entertaining. But Symone hits all cylinders.

If Symone loses, it'll be because of some big surprise/ upset.

by Anonymousreply 554February 1, 2021 4:30 AM

R554 "Gottmik is super cute as a boy". - Well, what does that mean. Surely he is a boy, or something...

by Anonymousreply 555February 1, 2021 4:40 AM

r554 Look im not trying to start anything, but gotmik looks like any lesbian I would find at a gaybar. Literally deosnt look anything like a man. I will grant you she SOUNDS like a gayboy, but Jesus Christ you have to be blind not to see thats a (fugly) woman. She turned it with her costumes I cant deny. Good on her. A bit of a shame in a way as Rose also did really well and in another season, would have won that challenge. But she didnt and Gottmik deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 556February 1, 2021 5:02 AM

"but gotmik looks like any lesbian I would find at a gaybar. "

You could say the same thing about Patton Oswalt or Dennis Leary.

"but Jesus Christ you have to be blind not to see thats a (fugly) woman."

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your hate, dear.

by Anonymousreply 557February 1, 2021 5:10 AM

R557 It isn't hate. It is visual reality. She is a fucking woman. She is play acting, and failing miserably. And notice, no confessionals. Cause seeing her speak as 'himself' would make it even more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 558February 1, 2021 5:12 AM

r557 as I said, not starting anything. I utterly disagree both with gottmik looking like a male AND that I am 'justifying my hate' for thinking it. Thats all. Carry on people.

by Anonymousreply 559February 1, 2021 5:32 AM

R558 Fuck off ya blind bitch. Gottmik has confessionals all the time, but I suppose noticing them doesn’t fit your storyline. I get you hate her but fuck me if I’m not going to point out obvious lies.

by Anonymousreply 560February 1, 2021 5:59 AM

^ Obvious lies...like 'SHE IS A MAN'.?

by Anonymousreply 561February 1, 2021 6:04 AM

Lashing out at me doesn’t make your statement any truer

by Anonymousreply 562February 1, 2021 6:07 AM

To be fair to R558, Gottmik doesn't have as many confessionals as the others and isn't given as much screentime.

by Anonymousreply 563February 1, 2021 6:42 AM

Everyone's comments are valid. Even with all the changes, I'm a RPDR fan till the end.

by Anonymousreply 564February 1, 2021 7:35 AM

The season only just started and people are already tired of Kandy. It’s going to be a long, stressful season.

by Anonymousreply 565February 1, 2021 12:06 PM

I actually liked Kandy early on, and thought she'd be fun. Tina, I disliked immediately. Now I actually hate Kandy even more than Tina, who I still don't like.

by Anonymousreply 566February 1, 2021 12:13 PM

[quote]Kandy looks like a young Natalie Wood.

If you fished her out of the water today, maybe.

[quote]Gottmik doesn't have as many confessionals as the others and isn't given as much screentime

It's early. How many confessionals besides "I got eliminated twice!" has Elliott gotten? Or Olivia Lux? The confessionals are focused on either the drama or whoever's going home.

Lux looks to me like Chi Chi Rodriguez, but maybe it's just that always-there smile.

by Anonymousreply 567February 1, 2021 12:55 PM

If Kandy was actually good it might be different. But I haven’t really been impressed by anything she’s done thus far.

by Anonymousreply 568February 1, 2021 1:05 PM

I'm surprised Kandy's second Bag Ball look, when she came out with the wig made out of dollars, the dollar sun glasses and the huge blunt made from dollars wasn't read by the judges as being too "cartoony", especially compared to the other queens. As note, Ru and the others seem to be going out of their way to offer Kandy praise and encouragement - "You have sooooo much personality!", "You may not have had the looks we wanted, but we can't wait to see what you're going to do next", etc.

by Anonymousreply 569February 1, 2021 1:30 PM

I like Kandy. He understands that he's on a reality show and is bringing over the top reality show drama. I have no problem with messy, attention whore queens.

I don't have an issue with Mik. I don't think Mik is going to win, but in certain aspects of this competition, like trans girls who play female sports in high school, Mik has some inherent advantages that I don't see how they can't take into consideration when judging the queens this season.

by Anonymousreply 570February 1, 2021 1:32 PM

^ Hi Kandy's mom!

by Anonymousreply 571February 1, 2021 1:46 PM

"Kandy has beauty"???!!!!!

And it's insulting to Vangie to call Kandy, "Fat Vangie" I love that little Cookie Monster.

by Anonymousreply 572February 1, 2021 1:50 PM

R570, are you serious? You think the judges are going to openly discuss Mikk having advantages? Not gonna happen! Her being born female will only come up to praise her brave journey, otherwise it won’t come up.

Any judge talking about her having advantages would get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 573February 1, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote]^ Hi Kandy's mom!

Gurl, I know. In previous season's I've been called Silky's mom, Eureka's mom, Phi Phi's mom, Laganga's mom, and on and on and on. I've liked all of the attention whore messes, except Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 574February 1, 2021 2:11 PM

Season's should have been seasons. I will Oh Dear! myself.

by Anonymousreply 575February 1, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]Gurl, I know. In previous season's I've been called Silky's mom, Eureka's mom, Phi Phi's mom, Laganga's mom, and on and on and on.

So, you're a whore.

by Anonymousreply 576February 1, 2021 2:15 PM

I can't get my head around why there are still some queens who come to the show without knowing how to sew, lacking basic competence in design and the use of sewing machines.

Presumably there is a period of time between when they get the call to say they are on, and it actually starting - after 13 years, any of them who are completely unable to sew should have the minimum of sense to get some lessons, considering it is INEVITABLE that at least some of the challenges are going to depend on it. I don't see what the excuse NOT to would be? It's like applying for a job but lacking one of the core skills. Why? There's no excuse for it and it really annoys me when queens confess it like it's no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 577February 1, 2021 2:16 PM

Come to my house R576 and I'll show you.

by Anonymousreply 578February 1, 2021 2:16 PM

R570 could you please explain what inherent advantages Gotmik has over the other contestants? The only one I can think of is as a trans man, Gotmik doesn't have to tuck. That's literally it.

by Anonymousreply 579February 1, 2021 2:18 PM

I'd also love to know what the judges see in Kandy Muse.

Consistently the worst looks out of all of them. Arrogant with no goods to back it up and a cunty attitude. Poor make up skills. Not remotely funny. They were finding her hilarious in the acting challenge and I was deeply confused.

Definitely the very weakest of the entire Season 13 cast and unfortunately I think we will be stuck with her until the latter half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 580February 1, 2021 2:22 PM

R579, Mik has girl hands, girl feet, and a girl's body, especially with the way he wears clothes. That jumpsuit outfit was a prime example. Yeah, some of the "born male" queens could have pulled it off, but that look just stood out to me as an example. I'm not hating on Mik or am I the anti trans troll, but I just think it's way easier for him to pull off the female illusion aspects of this competition.

by Anonymousreply 581February 1, 2021 2:27 PM

Has Kandy gotten any awareness of reality yet? Somebody give her a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 582February 1, 2021 2:53 PM

R580

She’s going to outlast some fan favorites and it’s not going to be pretty. People will be PISSED. If they thought the fans were “bad” now, they don’t know what’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 583February 1, 2021 3:01 PM

The messier side of me kind of wants to see the fallout and the mental gymnastics on Twitter, Reddit and especially here if the (highly unlikely) scenario of Gottmik somehow winning over Symone comes to pass......

by Anonymousreply 584February 1, 2021 3:05 PM

Enjoy some untucked dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 1, 2021 7:18 PM

He looks...grubby.

by Anonymousreply 586February 1, 2021 7:29 PM

I think he's wearing too much make-up, it kind of gives off that dirty skin look. He'd look much better without it.

by Anonymousreply 587February 1, 2021 10:34 PM

R585, meet r128.

by Anonymousreply 588February 1, 2021 10:36 PM

Surprise, surprise, the poster pushing all this pro trans stuff r557 also calls gay men 'white faggots' in other threads. I smell a bi troll.

by Anonymousreply 589February 1, 2021 10:40 PM

Miss Warwick is the one who calls gay men white faggots in other threads. And she's the scat troll too. Cinesnatch also attacks posters and trolls them from thread to thread. Leave them be. They're old and lonely. More to be pitied than argued with.

by Anonymousreply 590February 1, 2021 10:56 PM

[quote]I smell a bi troll.

[quote]And she's the scat troll too.

So, Miss Warwick smells like shit? Say it ain't so.

by Anonymousreply 591February 1, 2021 11:15 PM

Must say, compared to past threads this one has been very calm and fun. Maybe that reflects few of the girls actually get our engines racing.

by Anonymousreply 592February 1, 2021 11:15 PM

A trans contestant? That’s too bad. I haven’t watched in years but no way now. If you’re going to have an “ex-gay” on there—no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 593February 1, 2021 11:24 PM

r589, the hilarious thing is she also white. Only white people know Patton Oswalt or Dennis Leary? She has very white references on all the RPDR threads. It's funny she trips up herself all the time.

by Anonymousreply 594February 1, 2021 11:45 PM

I guess you can continue you're fevered speculation about Kandy in Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Poor Joey.

by Anonymousreply 596February 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Fat Vanjie is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 597February 2, 2021 2:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 2, 2021 2:15 AM

gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599February 2, 2021 2:15 AM

i said what i said!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 2, 2021 2:16 AM

"Surprise, surprise, the poster pushing all this pro trans stuff [R557] also calls gay men 'white faggots' in other threads. I smell a bi troll."

I smell a liar and it's you. Provide proof. Oh, no! You can't. Because you're the Marjorie Taylor Greene of this thread.

" the hilarious thing is she also white. Only white people know Patton Oswalt or Dennis Leary? She has very white references on all the RPDR threads. It's funny she trips up herself all the time."

You literally added a question mark to the sentence that is meant to "prove" I'm white. I guess you realized you were commenting on something you don't know anything about. But hey, you doubled down by saying, "She has very white references on all the RPDR threads."

Because I guess you're the ultimate arbiter on what references a non-white is allowed to use to justify their race to you.

How very much like a racist white person that is. To decide whether or not I have the right to namecheck some white people because as a non-white. How dare some darkie know about white people, right?

by Anonymousreply 601February 2, 2021 2:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!